Windows Support Forum

Vista reboots when putting Laptopo into sleep mode

Q: Vista reboots when putting Laptopo into sleep mode

Please help,

I have a HP NC6400 laptop at work,

Everytime you put it into sleep mode it reboots

Ive tried checking the power options as so may sites refer to them but i have no hibernate option

network cable unplugged same thing just reboots after screen going blank and showing some HDD activity

Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista reboots when putting Laptopo into sleep mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.98%

For the past week my computer will sometimes put itself in sleep mode while I am using it. It doesn't matter whether I'm playing games, word processing or on the internet.

A:Computer Putting Itself In Sleep Mode

Could be a hardware problem. How old is it? Are all the connections okay?

Is it working off a battery? Is it set to shut down when the battery is low?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-putting-itself-in-sleep-mode.1051983/
Relevancy 74.39%

Greets all So I was in for goes Memory way after usage putting sleep... down to Vista a bit of a shock to see my PF usage go from MB XP Pro to MB with Vista Ult Ok - it's all good It actually is just over right after boot but settles to about after about a minute of sitting idle The thing I noticed it that after putting the computer to sleep and then waking it my PF usage is at MB - HUGE difference I left it idle for about min to see if it would creep back up but it didn't Two things I noticed svchost went from about k gt k explorer went from about k gt k So that's part of it But the big question here is how to get Vista to boot that way - so it's usage is at MB as opposed to MB I understand there arre services I can disable print spooler for one as I do not have a Memory usage goes way down after putting Vista to sleep... printer hooked to this computer but the point here is the usage dropped that drastically without disabling anything in services msc Any way to get Vista to boot so the mem usgae is the same as after it is put to sleep Thanks much in advance

A:Memory usage goes way down after putting Vista to sleep...

Hello RiffWraithm and welcome to Vista Forums.

This is pretty much controlled by what you have loading at startup and Superfetch in Vista. It loads what it thinks you will need into memory to help Vista run it faster. It learns in time what you may need in memory, so it will fluctuate a bit until it learns your pattern completely. I would recommend that you let Superfetch stay set at the default settings since it does a pretty good job in Vista. Remember, unused RAM is wasted RAM.

If you would like to play around with the Superfetch settings a bit to see if anything may make a difference for you, then these tutorials can help with this.

Superfetch (Memory Prefetcher)

and

Superfetch - Change Preload Data

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198164-memory-usage-goes-way-down-after-putting-vista-sleep.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My Windows 7 is:
- x64 Home Premium SP1
- the original installed OS on the system.
- an OEM version. Came pre-installed on system.

- The age of system (hardware) is 8 Months.
- The age of OS installation is 8 Months.
- Never re-installed.

Hardware is:
Sony VAIO VPC-EB46FX
Intel Core i5 CPU M480 @2.67GHz
4GB Memory

Many Thanks for your help!

A:Windows 7 reboots after resuming from Sleep and Hibernate Mode.

Unfortunately no DMP's were included.

Please try this way...
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210231-windows-7-reboots-after-resuming-sleep-hibernate-mode.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Last night i manually put my computer in sleep mode and went to bed. When i woke up i came down and my computer was rebooting itself then shutting itself down as soon as it rebooted. I stood there and watched it do this about 4 times, all 4 times my screen was black.

I then shut it down manual with the power button then rebooted it and it took me to a "Windows has improperly shut itself down" "Would you like to reboot in normal mode screen? I clicked yes and it took me to windows and it is fine now. What happened and how can i prevent this in the future?

A:Computer crashed in sleep mode then reboots/shuts down unlimited times

update: i just called my computer manufacturer and he said because my GPU card is factory overclocked the lower power state of sleep mode might be the cause of what is crashing it and causing the power cycle to constantly reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219530-computer-crashed-sleep-mode-then-reboots-shuts-down-unlimited-times.html
Relevancy 67.94%

recently i costom built my computer around the time vista was released, its been working smothly on my comp untill a weeek ago it all went wrong and crashed, to be on the safe side i rebooted in safe mode, after then again reboooting it and putting all my settings back to the way they where i thought that it was all over untill recently i noticed little thigs like video's on u tube or any other site not working, aswell as sertain links on a page would not open. this personaly has confussed me! im kinda stuck on how to get it to go back to wat it used to be like before i went into safe mode, please help me!!!!!!!!!!

thanx!!!! yours greatfully Elan2jay!!

A:after putting vista into safe mode it will no longer opn java script or flash players

Unless you actually made some changes to the configuration, things should have returned to normal once you rebooted from Safe Mode.

Vista's "System Restore" would probably be the quickest fix for this and you will lose nothing by doing it.

However if you are using Internet Explorer, you might want to go to Tools > Add-Ons and make sure that all the Adobe Flash stuff there is present and enabled.

Also in Internet Options > Security Settings > Custom you can reset all settings there to their defaults.

Finally if you are using a 3rd party firewall -- some of these scripts can be blocked by their configurations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-putting-vista-into-safe-mode-it-will-no-longer-opn-java-script-or-flash-players.608969/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Windows Vista (sevice pack 2) and my computer has a number of booting problems. When I shut down the computer either manually with the button or with the shut down option in the start menu, the computer boots down, stays off for 5 seconds then retsarts itself. I have not been able to boot down for months. In addition, I've had tons of problems with sleep and hibernate mode - the computer restarts itself or won't go into the modes.

I've played with the power settings many times and looked up many forums advice for these settings. I also have a clean bill of health regarding viruses/spyware for the bleepingcomputer forum for sypware as of this week. Any help would be apperciated.
thanks!
jm

A:Vista Reboots Itself, Sleep/Hibernate don't work (thinkpad)

Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311145/vista-reboots-itself-sleephibernate-dont-work-thinkpad/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Seveners I have been having trouble with a to Numerous / caused sleep. in while putting BSOD's. Normally sleep BSOD for a while now It is getting to that extent that I bare it any longer I need help Firstly these BSOD's have been happening randomly but normally the case is while it is in sleep or when I put it to sleep the screen will go black but the laptop will refuse to actually sleep It remains in this state of useless on-ness until either I pull the plug or it decides to BSOD I have Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep. a program called Soluto which sends the details of the BSOD to my email It said the error code was F and the likely cause was nt driver I ran verifier exe and restarted Upon restarting I was constantly greeted by a BSOD informing me that there was a problem with HIDCLASS SYS Upon restarting with last known good configuration I am here looking for help There are Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep. results for Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep. HIDCLASS SYS on my laptop all seeming to point to AMD I have attached my Minidumps from today two BSODes my system NFO and a picture taken of the BSOD when booting after running verifier exe They are zipped as one due to the fact that uploading of NFO files doesn't seem to be supported This is getting increasingly infuriating as I am constantly losing work System specs can be found on my profile and in the NFO I appreciate any help Many thanks Ben

A:Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep.

What USB devices have you got installed?

I believe we are looking at a USB device causing a bugcheck.
Do you have a gaming mouse or any mouse drivers installed?

HIDCLASS.SYS appears to be mainly caused by mouse drivers.

Because a lot of driver power state failures are caused by graphics drivers I recommend updating yours as it is very outdated.
Here's some instructions if you are unsure how to update it.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst? Drivers For A Windows? Based System

Code:
fffff880`048f4000 fffff880`05302000 atikmdag (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Sep 15 19:07:36 2011 (4E723EE8)
CheckSum: 009C92B0
ImageSize: 00A0E000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330250-numerous-bsods-normally-caused-while-sleep-putting-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have HP laptop with vista Home prem. I have the laptop put to sleep 15 min after idle time if it is unplugged and 1 hr if it is plugged.

Is the idle time when there is no mouse movement?

I want the sleep mode but I have problem when downloading. when I download a file longer than 1 hour and leave the computer, I come back after long time to find the computer sleep and the download uncomplete. I can make the wait time longer but I don't want to change each time I download.

Note: Most of the time, I use Internet Download manager for download but sometimes I use the web browser, mega manager or rapidshare downloader.

A:Vista and sleep mode

You should turn off the sleep option, or increase the minutes to 2 hours or over.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-sleep-mode.851998/
Relevancy 61.92%

First time user here in this forum; or any other for that matter. I have windows Vista for ops system with IE8. The issue is as follows;
When I am finished using internet, typically I put computer into sleep mode. The towers "power" button will flash for @20 sec and then "desktop" appears their after- like it had come out of sleep mode. Does this every time I try to use sleep mode. The computer is Dell Desktop about 1 year old. My level of computer skill I would consider as advanced beginner, (if that makes any sense). Any suggestions as to how I get sleep mode to work would be apprec.

A:sleep mode for win vista

Hello Kimber, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might go through the items in the tutorial below to see if it may help you find out what may be waking your computer back up. A usual culprit is the "Allow to wake computer" option checked in the network adapter's power management properties tab in Device Manager (STEP SIX in tutorial).

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239852-sleep-mode-win-vista.html
Relevancy 61.92%

What exactly is Sleep?how is working?Is there any risk to set computer in Sleep Mode for days?

Restart
<<Sleep>>
Shut Down

A:Sleep Mode on Vista

well the best thing to do is go to your power options & set your pc to hibernate after like 3 hours or something. So you can sleep ur pc & then it will hibernate if not turned back on within 3 hours.

Its always better to sleep ur pc if your leaving it for like an hour or two because rebooting causes the pc to use no power managent features so ur burning more electricity than if u left it in standby for an hour or so.

Hibernate is just like shutdown, so your pc can be cut off from the mains, but will still resume afterwards.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192102-sleep-mode-vista.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I'm having a problem with the sleep mode. The last time Vista resumed from sleep mode, I received a STOP error.

However, the most bizarre thing was that when I put it into sleep, about 10 seconds later, the system came on by itself! It then showed the STOP error as KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED).

The Event Viewer says that the system was resumed from sleep by Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659. However, the only devices attached to it are 'USB Composite Device' and 'Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)'.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I have attached the Crash Dump file from WinDebug as a text file to this post.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey,
I just got my brand new vista machine and since its a lot beefier than my previous i have been wanting to put it into S3 mode when i sleep but when i put it to sleep it sounds like everything in my case is still running the same as before i put it to sleep. I check my bios settings and its set to S3.

Heres my specs:

Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
500GB - Seagate 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a TrendNet TK-207. When my computer comes out of sleep mode, neither my mouse nor my keyboard will work. My printer won't event work (network printing) and it isn't event connected to the KVM. When I restart my computer my printer starts printing what was in the queue and the mouse and keyboard work again. What can I do so I can use sleep mode? Thanks.

A:Vista Sleep Mode and the TrendNet TK-207 KVM

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sleep-mode-and-the-trendnet-tk-207-kvm.700386/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone,
I have Vista Home edition on my Compaq computer. Everytime I hit the sleep button, the computer goes to a black screen but does not come out when you move the mouse or hit the keyboard. The only way to get the computer unstuck is to unplug it. I have disabled the hibernation mode but this has not help either. I have updated the computer on a weekly basis but this has not helped.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Vista gets stuck in sleep mode

Run through the diagnostics in my sig and upload your system specs. Then update your drivers with the new info of your hardware. Just google the manufacturer.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/252399-vista-gets-stuck-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Have a new intallation of Vista Ultimate on GA-X38T-DQ6 M/B and am having trouble getting Vista to sleep on the power saver ..set for monitor shutdown 15mins. hard drives 25mins. however nothing happens tried various settings to no avail..this works fine on the other comp. Asus/AMDA8N32 which also runs Vista Ultimate.. has anyone any clues.. it is a new install and I might not have all the patches as yet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-sleep-mode-219608.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Sorry if this issue has already been addressed in another post If that is the case please point me in the right direction to locating the solution If not my issue is with sleep mode in Vista Home Premium edition Vista is running on a Issues mode Vista Sleep Gateway Laptop Model MT The issue arises when Vista Sleep mode Issues I close the laptop screen while it is running in Windows The problem is as follows When the laptop s screen is closed it is supposed to go into sleep Vista Sleep mode Issues mode and then when opened back up it is supposed to come back out of sleep mode However this isn t happening When the laptop is closed it does indeed shut off the monitor however when I open it back up the screen remains black and does not seem to be quite in sleep mode there is no slow pulsating of the status lights that is supposed to mimic sleeping However because the screen is black it seems to be in some kind of standby mode I have to hit the power button to get it to respond which it does However It goes back into windows for about a sec or two then the screen sort of blinks real quick then the screen goes back to black This state does not seem to be sleep mode because as stated earlier it does not pulsate the status lights on the outside of the laptop in a slow pattern Also while in this state if I press the power button it THEN goes into sleep mode and pulsates the status lights It is like a weird amp half-sleep amp mode but not actually in sleep mode I have ruled out that it could be hibernation mode because I can get the laptop to function in and out of that mode properly for the most part It seems to be struggling with sleep mode Sorry about the long post thanks for any help -Nerdly Computer Specs AMD Athlon amp X Mobile Technology TK- GHz KB X L cache HyperTransport amp technology at up to MHz -inch Ultrabright amp WXGA TFT display NVIDIA GeForce Go MB DDR MHz memory GB PATA hard drive X Multi-format dual layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM -in- Digital Media Manager K ITU V fax modem Mbps built-in Ethernet g wireless LAN Windows Vista amp Home Premium nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sleep-mode-issues.706795/
Relevancy 61.49%

Upon resuming computer work after my desktop has went into sleep mode the mouse and keyboard will emit light but will not work, and i repeatedly here the noises that are made when USB devices are inserted and removed, after a while sometimes they will begin to work otherwise i have to go to the back of my computer which is quite difficult because i cant see where i am plugging into and unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard which is a very tedious task and i would really like to find a way to stop that from happening, so if you have any answers please tell me. @ Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-64-bit-sleep-mode-438923.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Alright so I know what I did to cause this I believe but now I need a way to fix it Recently the partition Vista was installed on gig was getting really tight on space less then a gig left so I needed to free up some space I have both XP and Vista installed on my computer XP for school work go mode into sleep won't Vista with Computer Vista Computer won't go into sleep mode with Vista for games though it is slowly becoming my main OS for everything so while I was using XP to defrag my computer I found the hiberfil sys which was well over gigs I knew what it was for but I went ahead and just deleted it anyway so I could get some free space back I thought vista would just make a hiberfil sys but it didn't I've tried the command quot powercfg -h on quot and while I did lose gigs worth of hard drive space instantly my computer still can't go into sleep mode it'll shut off the monitor for a few seconds but then it just goes back to the welcome screen I've gone back and forth on that command several times quot powercfg Computer won't go into sleep mode with Vista -h off quot restart then quot powercfg -h on quot restart again but still nothing So my question is what are some things I can try to get my computer to be able to go into sleep mode again Thanks in advance for your help

A:Computer won't go into sleep mode with Vista

Besides the powercfg -h on command, which you have already tried, try method 2 from this page:

Re-Enable Hibernate Option in Windows Vista :: the How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180994-computer-wont-go-into-sleep-mode-vista.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I enabled the sleep function, so when I press the sleep button it works but when I want to wake it up , the laptop hangs or can't wake up properly.

I have Vista home premium

What is the problem ? help me... I'm going nuts.

Thanks a million in advance

A:Vista Sleep mode problem

I have the same problem. Mentormatt88 has suggested this solution. It worked for him, but not for me, but I guess you might as well give it a go anyway.

http://annoyances-resolved.blogspot....rom-sleep.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sleep-mode-problem-414489.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I click sleep and the computer using Vista will go to sleep for 15 seconds and then turns back on. When the screen saver comes on it will just stay on even though I have the system set for the monitor to sleep after 20 minutes and the CPU to sleep after one hour. Yes, I can click a key or use the mouse and the screen saver will go off so I can resume any thing that I was working on. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.49%

Alright I recently bought a Acer Aspire 5100 that came pre-installed with Vista on it so all drivers are vista compatible and all the drivers are the newest and updated.

Now when it comes to going into sleep mode...It works on a 50/50 bases...Sometimes it goes into sleep mode perfect and works out good.

Other times it will just sit there...Do some activity on the hard drive and then just stop and screen goes black but the fan and everything is still running....I left it like that for a hour and it just sits there with the fan running and a black screen...After that I can not bring it back to normal operating unless I manually shut it down and reboot...Which looses all data in memory.

Relevancy 61.49%

I select Sleep from the start menu, and the monitor powers down, but then the laptop shuts off completely and starts rebooting. Then, it says Windows did not shut down properly. I have to select to start windows normally and everything is fine. But why won't it stay in sleep mode?

A:Sleep mode problem in Vista

It may or may not have anything to do with this, but, just to get the obvious out of the way, have you checked out these reasons listed in Help and Support?:

"Why isn't Sleep available?"

You might not be able to put your mobile PC to sleep for one or more of the following reasons:

The video card on your mobile PC doesn't support sleep. Update the driver for your video card, or check the information that came with your mobile PC about your video card and supported drivers. For more information, see Update drivers.

Some settings are managed by your system administrator. For more information, see Why can't I change some settings?

Sleep and other power-saving states are turned off in your mobile PC's basic input/output system (BIOS). To turn sleep on, restart your mobile PC, and then enter the BIOS setup. As your mobile PC starts, instructions typically appear on the screen that indicate which key or keyboard shortcut that you must press to enter the BIOS setup process. Because not all computer manufacturers use the same BIOS, different keys are assigned for this purpose. To learn more, check the information that came with your mobile PC or go to the manufacturer&#8217;s website."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-mode-problem-in-vista.692605/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Intel system hangs every time it goes into sleep mode and then has trouble rebooting.

I have run ever diagnostic test I can think of, have not upgraded BIOS or re-installed Vista. The system log reports no particular errors other than unscheduled shutdowns.

Suggestions?

Mark

A:Vista hangs after sleep mode

Best advice I have for you is upgrade to win7. If thats not an option reinstall vista. If that don't work... Don't put your computer into sleep mode just shut it down

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-hangs-after-sleep-mode-593611.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello. I have HP Pavillion laptop. I also have Vista. I have never had this issue before. But when I put my computer to sleep, i can wake it up but there will be nothing on the screen and I can't do anything. When I close the laptop and open it, it gives me the same issue. I set it to sleep when I close the laptop. I think it may be due to a recent file that I deleted. Every time I boot my pc I get this icon in my taskbar that says some start up programs have been blocked. In my case there was only one. I don't remember what it was called but I do know that it starts with the letter "g" and ends with a number. What can I do?

A:Windows Vista Sleep Mode

by the way when I said nothing on the screen, i meant that it would be blank. The screen would be black. It looks like my screen saver. My screensaver is blank. So it gave me a blank screen. And just now I found out that after a little while if I move the mouse again, then the desktop shows up. So there is a really long delay when i wake the pc up from sleep mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-sleep-mode-369365.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Greetings, I am running Vista Ultimate 64, when ever the machine goes into sleep mode, and I come back to work on it, it takes a long time to wake. Sometimes it goes into a blue screen with the message Windows did not shut down successfully, or Windows shut down to avoid damage to the computer.
Also when she finally boots, it will go into Windows Error recovery with the options of starting in safe mode or start regular.

It's a fairly new Vista installation and it has been doing it since. If I do have to leave the computer for a few hours, I find it easier just to shut down and reboot.

Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-mode-prblem-w-vista-359472.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just recently built a Vista PC I was able to put the pc into sleep mode originally Although I had some driver issues related to playing games prior to SP Seeing as that was the case I wanted to start with a clean install of Vista to update it to SP I can t get the pc to go into sleep mode any more It either hangs indefinately and never powers down everything or on an occasion or two it actually crashed I troubles mode Vista sleep guess you could say and Vista sleep mode troubles instead of hanging the pc restarted after a minute or less I know past versions of windows this has always been a problem so it is of no shock to me that I am once again seeing a problem with it but since it did work before Vista sleep mode troubles SP it makes me wonder what is going on to make it not work after SP BIOS settings didn t change except for having to manually set memory timings so that the mobo would actually run the RAM at its rated timings It took some time to figure out that was why the PC wouldn t always boot to the point of beginning to load Vista But anyways I highly doubt that would have anything to do with the pc not going into sleep mode when I ask it to Any ideas on how to fix this or once again do we have a senario where sleep mode it completely broken in the OS and they will never get around to fixing it like with previous versions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sleep-mode-troubles.698867/
Relevancy 61.49%

My machine is an Evesham quot Laptop Intel Dual core GB RAM Nvidia graphics wireless conection to internet Just plain standard really I have it configured to enter Sleep mode rather than Vista Sleep problem mode Shutdown when I've finished for the day and this has always worked perfectly until Vista Sleep mode problem last night I put it to sleep as usual turned off external power and toddled off to bed This morning when I came down I found it up and running with not much power left I switched mains back on and was presented with a message that quot Internet Explorer has stopped working quot IE was definitely Vista Sleep mode problem not running last night As soon Vista Sleep mode problem as I closed that box another one appeared saying that Adobe Flash was ready to install an update - clicking OK enabled the update to be installed Next Paint Shop Pro decided that it also wanted to install an update and duly did so I then shut the machine down completely and went off to work Booting the machine this evening was uneventful until I tried to view a video on the BBC website I was then informed that I didn't have the latest version of Flashplayer and invited to download and install it It would therefore appear that the previous update had actually reversed Flashplayer What I hope is that some kind person can tell me is how the machine wakes up from sleep mode all by itself I've checked BIOS and there is nothing enabled there which would allow an automatic start from sleep I've also checked my power setting in Control Panel with similar results Full AV Trojan scans reveal nothing and the machine is running perfectly I await the morning with interest Any ideas from anyone will be most gratefully received

A:Vista Sleep mode problem

Hi beauparc,

If you wish to find out the reason for a wake from sleep mode,

Start a command prompt, (start menu - enter CMD into search bar and enter), and enter "powercfg -lastwake" without quotes the system should display the last item to cause a wake event.

Hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/213174-vista-sleep-mode-problem.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been having quite a few problems with my laptop recently and it all started with a software I downloaded so I'll list in order of what happened - I have mode - Vista Windows Sleep a HP Pavillion DV which I bought a year ago no problems apart from a faulty motherboard which I had fixed - I recently downloaded a software known as rocketdock which is nothing more than a copy of the Apple Mac scroll bar that has all the icons - I then managed to delete my videos folder by accident and as it was too large it was not kept in the recycling bin - I downloaded a programme known as quot glaryundelete quot that retrieves lost documents and files and got a few of my word documents and a few videos back but some videos were corrupt - I deleted glaryundelete and rocketdock as my general speed of my laptop decreased for some reason Problems now - My windows aero theme has vanished for some reason and I think this has something to Windows Vista - Sleep mode do with system configuration where I Windows Vista - Sleep mode changed a few startup settings but I don't remember the original ones - My laptop does not go into sleep mode I've never had problems with the sleep mode but all of a sudden it Windows Vista - Sleep mode no longer does that when I close the lid or press sleep button I've had a look at the power plan settings they are all perfectly normal and according to them it should go into sleep mode but it still doesn't Does anyone know what's going on or has faced similar problems Any help would be much appreciated thanks

A:Windows Vista - Sleep mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB20

I then managed to delete my videos folder by accident and as it was too large, it was not kept in the recycling bin

Is it possible to "system restore" to to that point?

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-sleep-mode-442992.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I use Windows 7 and I have the power button on my start menu set to 'Sleep'. It used to work, but now, when I click on it, the screen goes black but the computer never goes into sleep mode. I can move the mouse and the screen will immediately come back. I've been using hibernate instead but it takes longer to come back than sleep does. What could be wrong?

A:Sleep Mode [moved from Vista/7]

you just set your display on sleep mode You have to check your setting from power options sleep / hibernate / disk / shutdown

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sleep-mode-moved-from-vista-7-a-548105.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all first time poster here and I'm having some troubles Basically up until a few days ago my computer in mode Problems with Vista sleep had been Problems with sleep mode in Vista running just fine but now when I try to put it into sleep mode everything seems normal but when I return to the computer and attempt to wake it up by pressing a key on the keyboard it stirs awake but goes to the BIOS splash screen This is leading me to believe that the computer is actually entering sleep mode fine but when it wakes up it is crashing I already went into the advanced system settings and told it not to restart upon a crash and that did not allow me to catch an error message as it still did it this most recent time The computer seems to run stable aside from that no other unexpected crashes or anything else weird I Problems with sleep mode in Vista have not made any recent hardware changes nor any software installations All of these issues began a few days ago when I installed a few updates through windows update on the th I remember distinctly because I had installed the updates and it wanted to restart my computer but I postponed it by hours I then continued working for about mins and then walked away from my computer for a few hours I have the default power saving settings enabled so it then put itself to sleep and when I came back I tapped the keyboard and was greeted by the bios splash screen It then told me that it had not shut down properly and asked me if I wanted to start normally it does that each time the problem occurs I immediately came to the conclusion that the vista updates must have broken the compatability with some drivers I hadn't updated in a while so I then updated all of my drivers including chipset and reset the bios to default values just in case it wasn't already None of that has fixed it and I'm fairly out of ideas short of a total reformat which I'd rather avoid My computer Custom-built by me Asus A N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon GB Corsair ValueSelect DDR EVGA GeForce GT Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music W Antec Smart Power running Windows Vista Ultimate SP in a very well cooled case with great airflow Any and all help advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Problems with sleep mode in Vista

Welcome to (TSF) techsupportforum.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Placehold

I would seriously disable Hibernation, It also creates a log that can reach the GB's

There has been alot of issues surrounding Hidernation mode, If you really need it keep it but otherwise Use a screensaver lol

Craig

but if u want to keep useing it ok ill need u to goto the device manager
and check for any flags

start type in start search device manager
show hidden device see any flags post them

post the dxdiag info

start type in start search dxdiag and click on save all info

and post the minidump files
start\computer\C:\Windows
there should be minidump file there

u will have to winrar them
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe

regards

warlordfmike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-sleep-mode-in-vista-240061.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all, I've looked around the net and seen people with similar problems but none the same and no solutions have worked so far. Every time I click on sleep mode the computer shuts down to a BSOD

I hooked up my brothers laptop to my computer and things were going fine, then his (brand new) laptop had a BSOD and when I went over to my computer it had one also. So I'm not certain of the cause but perhaps something related to that.

Here are the system specs
Intel e8400
4gb ram
Asus P5Q Pro
Vista Ultimate SP1
EVGA GTX260

I've updated my bios to the latest and have installed the latest chipset/usb/lan drivers from the Asus website.
Nothing is overclocked and bios is default settings

I've attached my minidump as I am unable to figure out the problem. Please let me know what else you need. Thanks guys!

A:Vista BSOD on entering sleep mode

From what I can see in your minidump file, everything is pointing to memory and misread memory. My suggestion would be to run Memtest86+ against your installed ram and see if any problems are reported. If this does not show any problems, then I'm sure that someone else in the forum will have another possible area to look after analyzing your crash dump.Hope this helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253148/vista-bsod-on-entering-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 60.63%

Compaq Presario 6-8 yrs. old. Only 2 GB ram. Looking into auto startup programs. Computer can take 5+ minutes to wake up in morning or middle of day after leaving it for awhile. Regular scans and defrags. Even took to Office Depot, but they want $100+ to do full cleanup. Saw the forum on this site about Event Viewer, came up with several codes: 300,302,301,351,303, also 501,500,400,100,101,103,107. Hundreds of them. Windows site a little too technical and not much help. What steps should I take and in what order? Thanks in advance!

A:vista wakes very slowly from sleep mode

Windows vista are very heavy and want a lot of resources.
Your machine is very old. Format it and install a fresh version of windows xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wakes-very-slowly-from-sleep-mode.1113524/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Vista crashed my IE7 sleep shutting mode vs Re-installed in Vista down hard drive on my inspiron about wks ago of course comes the Re-installed Vista vs IE7 shutting down in sleep mode drama with losing the last months of my life and yes I know to back up just didn t get to it nursing school anyway since Re-installed Vista vs IE7 shutting down in sleep mode re-installing Vista and trying to get my laptop back where it was I have noticed that when I close the lid and it s in sleep mode of course if left that way for about an hour or longer IE shuts down and I ve lost everything that I had open when I restart IE it doesn t ask me if I would like to go back to the previous sessions where my tabs were before as it did ask me this before my laptop Re-installed Vista vs IE7 shutting down in sleep mode crashed a month ago I have discovered that it will leave IE up and running if I don t close the lid even if it sleeps with the lid open I can t figure out why it does this and what settings were defaulted maybe differently than a year ago when I first bought this laptop from Dell Can anyone help direct me to changing the some settings please I have looked in the Control Panel and can move around comfortably but I m not a big fan of Vista so there are a ton of things I don t know Thanks nbsp

A:Re-installed Vista vs IE7 shutting down in sleep mode

Hi and welcome to TSGF go to control panel power options (in classic view) and on the left choose what closing the lid does and see if the setting needs changed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-installed-vista-vs-ie7-shutting-down-in-sleep-mode.873268/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have the same problem I recently bought a new PC desktop Dell xps 420 intel[R] core tm 2quad q6600 2.40ghz 4gig memory 500 gig hd system 64bit w/windows Vista home premium service pack1 and I cant get it to go into sleep mode ,when I try to it goes off then a analog thing comes on then the pc comes back on I have to shut it down every night .I am not computer smart so if you can help me tell me in laymans terms .I really am not to fond of Vista and I would like to take Vista out and reinstall XPhome again is it possible for me a rookie to do this as I bought xp software package to try to do this can anybody help me I think Vista sucks,Thank you Danny B,Matsui55

Relevancy 60.63%

I'm running Vista on a Dell desktop and from the beginning have been using a castoff HP keyboard that I picked up at a church jumble sale The HP keyboard has a Fn function key and by pressing that key and F I can put the computer to sleep This has been working just fine for several years issue Strange with mode Vista sleep now But now I've ordered a Microsoft 'curvy' keyboard and note that it does NOT have a function key So I tried putting the computer to sleep through the Start menu but it won't work I get a System Standby Failed notification that the WSD wireless Print Device is keeping the system from going to sleep But this never come up using the old Strange sleep mode issue with Vista keyboard and its built-in Fn F sleep command Evidently the HP keyboard is sending a different command to the system than using 'Sleep under Start ' Is there a way to duplicate this command somehow or is its derivation hidden in the HP keyboard encoding Thanks for any suggestions

A:Strange sleep mode issue with Vista

Some possibilities in this tutorial"

How to Create a Sleep Shortcut on the Desktop in Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303826-strange-sleep-mode-issue-vista.html
Relevancy 60.63%

After having Vista for 3 weeks, all of a sudden, when I return from Sleep Mode, the screen says Locked. I just hit retrun and everything is fine. Before, I got the normal screen right way. Is there a way to disable that. It isn't a real big deal, but I liked the other way better. I don't use a password, just return.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there Had this computer for a week now...still working out all the Vista bugs...here is a new one: I can't get sleep mode to work. It goes to sleep fine, but wakes right back up in about 20-30 seconds. I have already tried disabling the mouse wake capability and also changed the BIOS settings to diable "wake up on LAN" - neither helped.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Vista won't stay asleep in sleep mode

Look at the NIC properties in Device Manager under Network Controllers. I've found with my Vista system that I had to allow the system to shutdown the NIC to save power to get sleep working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wont-stay-asleep-in-sleep-mode.572024/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi
I have a Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 that when I awake it from sleep mode it generates a BSOD and then reboots.

The BSOD stop code is:
0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x8A9A8020,0x8B39AEC4,0X8B39ABC0)
CLASSPNP.SYS

Complete BSOD Screenshot:

Hoping someone can provide a cause and suggestion for a solution to this constantly reproducing BSOD.

Thanks,
Ytee

A:Vista BSOD when awakening from sleep mode

Hi -

Per your post, bugcheck -

0x7e (0xc0000005,0x8a9a8020,0x8b39aec4,0x8b39abc0), listing probable cause as the Microsoft SCSI class system driver classpnp.sys.

0x7e - thread threw an exception; the exception is the 1st parm - 0xc0000005 - a memory access violation.

Assuming not hardware problem, the real cause is an unknown 3rd party driver. More times than not, 0xc..5 are caused by Internet Security suites like NIS, KIS, McAfee, etc... Do you have one of these installed?

If not, run the Vista Driver verifier - it should help put a name to the unknown driver -
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe uptop under programs | Run as Administrator | type verifier & hit enter - the Verifier screen will appear | do the following:

Code:

1. Select 2nd option - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select 2nd option - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check these boxes -? Special Pool
? Pool Tracking
? Force IRQL checking
? Deadlock Detection
? Miscellaneous Checks4. Select last option - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
7. Click on Finish
8. Re-boot

If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD. After re-boot, you may not be able to log on. If so, boot into SAFEMODE (select Last Known Good Configuration or System Restore). To see the status of Verifier - type verifier - select the last option on the first screen - "Display information about the currently verified drivers..". To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot. Keep the verifier running as long as possible, even if the status screen appears clear.

If you get a BSOD, get the verifier-enabled dump file from c:\windows\minidump, zip it up & attach to next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-bsod-when-awakening-from-sleep-mode-367570.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I m having loads of trouble with Windows Vista s Windows mode Sleep stuck Vista in sleep mode I put my vista into sleep mode last night by accident meant to select shutdown and Windows Vista stuck in Sleep mode now i can t get it to work - the fan is whirring away as if Windows Vista stuck in Sleep mode it was on but it seems as Windows Vista stuck in Sleep mode if all of the USB sockets and anything plugged into the pc is getting no power The keyboard doesn t work no lights on it The mouse doesn t work tried a wired and a wireless one Tried putting a CD into the drive to wake it up - nothing Neither of my monitors work checked and swapped cables Switched it off at the switch on the back of the pc tower itself and swapped power supply cables - nothing Short of opening it up and messing around which will void my manufacturer warranty i m stuck as to what to do i currently have a computer that s on but is completey inactive - any USB things i plug in briefly light up and then cut off I ve seen countless threads on how to avoid this happening again by going into windows settings etc but none as to how to rescue my PC from its current state as i can t even see anything as the monitors won t work Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

My Dell 530s running Vista Home Premium is turning off after it goes into sleep mode. Dell techs say I need to reinstall Vista, which I don't want to do. Any thoughts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-desktop-turning-off-in-sleep-mode.865903/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Sony Vaio FW390 with Vista SP2. Everytime after I've used the SD card slot on my laptop and want to enter sleep mode, I get the following error screen:
The laptop then reboots and when Windows starts up again it says that there was an unexpected shut down. It appears that this error only occurs after I have inserted an SD card and then removed it. I haven't had any problems entering sleep mode when I haven't used the SD card slot.

How do I fix this problem?

A:Problem entering sleep mode in Vista

are you using the safely remove icon before pulling the card?
Also the card needs to stay in a while to benefit the machine.
just putting in the card will actually slow the machine.
it takes several minutes to write the card...page and the card now will be filled for use with the card..you have to go through an optimization time,which can be quite some time depending on how you use your machine.

basically you just put the card in,set it for ready boost and walk away a few minutes,then come back and use the pc....leave it in all the time.

Also the error you are showing also happens when ram starts to fail..i guess it is possible to have a bad card do the same thing.

Format the card ..check it for errors and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-entering-sleep-mode-in-vista.854160/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have DV cl Laptop and have been using it for a long time I just replaced the mother board and reinstalled Vista I have sleep mode Vista causes hang Keyboard to problems Once the laptop is awaken from Vista sleep mode causes Keyboard to hang the sleep mode the keyboard works fine for a few second and then it hangs No response for example Caps lock light doesn't toggle and can't type with any keys If i reboot then it works great -- I tried removing driver and let vista reinstall it but that's didn't work -- Also tried going back to old NVIDIA driver but that didn't work either -- Device Manager -- gt Kayboard-- gt Properties -- gt Power Management has the quot Allow this device to be turned off to save power quot Grayed out -- Once I put the Laptop to Hibernate then the keyboard starts working back again The touch pad light lights up but it doesn't work -- Tried installing Synaptic driver but didn't get installed -- In Control panel- gt Mouse i don't see any synaptic device - DV CL - Vista - quot Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Vista sleep mode causes Keyboard to hang

Hello, sounds as if the reinstall was not good . Can you reinstall, and get all updates ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294603-vista-sleep-mode-causes-keyboard-hang.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Folks I'm looking for some help here I'm running Vista Ultimate x It no longer enters sleep mode on its own It used to I can force it into sleep x64 Ultimate mode sleep Vista enter won't mode by clicking on the Vista Orb and selecting Vista Ultimate x64 won't enter sleep mode quot Sleep quot It won't do it on its own - which is what I want it to I've run through the Control Panel Power Mgt troubleshooter on these forums All my settings seemed to be correct Using the CMD prompt and powercfg -devicequery wake armed yields one device my logitech g keyboard Using powercfg -a shows that the only sleep state available is S That is correct for my motherboard an Abit IP pro If forced into sleep the keyboard will wake it up The problem again centers on the automatic sleep entrance Currently set for hour of idle It seems to me that the machine never thinks it's idle Is that where I should start Finding processes which are running in the background I'd appreciate any help Thanks Ken

A:Vista Ultimate x64 won't enter sleep mode

Originally Posted by iamc3k

Folks,

I'm looking for some help here. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64. It no longer enters sleep mode on its own. It used to. I can force it into sleep mode by clicking on the Vista Orb and selecting "Sleep". It won't do it on its own - which is what I want it to.

I've run through the Control Panel/Power Mgt troubleshooter on these forums. All my settings seemed to be correct. Using the CMD prompt and powercfg -devicequery wake_armed yields one device: my logitech g15 keyboard. (Using powercfg -a shows that the only sleep state available is S3. That is correct for my motherboard, an Abit IP 35 pro.)

If forced into sleep, the keyboard will wake it up.

The problem, again, centers on the automatic sleep entrance. Currently set for 1 hour of idle.

It seems to me that the machine never thinks it's idle. Is that where I should start? Finding processes which are running in the background?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ken

Hello Ken,
Is it possible that the problem started after you switched to a wireless mouse/keyboard ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/151840-vista-ultimate-x64-wont-enter-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi My Vista SP notebook has had no problems Except for this I put it to sleep last nite but this morning it was awake And there was an auto update installed MSE client update package KB The same happened several weeks ago And as I remember that had an update as well I have auto update set to run at AM What happened sleep while on in notebook mode? updates Vista here A Notebook problem where it did not go to sleep properly This is possible but I think I would have Vista updates on notebook while in sleep mode? noticed the led on B The auto update causes it Vista updates on notebook while in sleep mode? to wake up at AM and check for updates even when asleep Is that possible I Vista updates on notebook while in sleep mode? thought that only task schedular tasks could bring a PC out of sleep I see only one task that has quot Wake the computer to run this task quot It is MobilePC TMM which seems unrelated I also seem to remember that some NIC cards can be set to wake up a PC I have never fiddled with that thanks gordon

A:Vista updates on notebook while in sleep mode?

Yes, you nailed it. If your NIC card is set to wake the computer. It will wake you when updates are available. You can turn it off, if you like:
Device manager
Network adapters double click
Right Click
Properties
change settings
power managment
Untick the box wake

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/280535-vista-updates-notebook-while-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer is a Toshiba laptop model A85-S107 running Windows Vista Home Basic and sleep mode does not work. Can it be enabled? It's not shown in power options.

A:No Sleep Mode in Vista Home Basic

I don't have Basic but have you gone to Contol panel/power Options and select Change Plan settings. Then select change advanced power settings. Then expand sleep and see how it is set.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sleep-mode-in-vista-home-basic-170908.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi so I really like the vista sleep mode, but I have a question. Would using sleep mode often cause a slow down? I don't want my computer to be noticeably slower. I have vista ult. 3 gig ram, 9800 GTX, Intel e6400.
also how can I make a shortcut for sleep...like win key+s for example.

A:Vista ultimate sleep mode question

Hello Isikh, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It should not affect the performance of your computer except that it will be faster to startup when you want to use it instead of from a complete startup.

This tutorial will help show you how to create a sleep shortcut.

Sleep Shortcut

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/175655-vista-ultimate-sleep-mode-question.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Vista Home Premium on an HP desktop that recently started freezing during sleep mode ~1/3 of the times I would awaken the screen comes on with the cursor and keyboard frozen. A self diagnostic check advised three drivers may be the culprit so I uninstalled the drivers to no avail. Several system restores to no avail. Finally swallowed hard and did a system recovery(like new from the box) and the problem got worse, now freezes at every sleep session requiring rebooting. The drivers are no longer mentioned when I open "performance issues." Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Vista Freezes in Sleep Mode

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Start with a clean boot, which may give your answer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Run antivirus scan
If overclocking, restore to original
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

http://superuser.com/questions/10502...ing-from-sleep

Take a memory test, too.
Download memtest86 and test RAM
www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html
Run for 8 passes
If passes try a good stick in each slot for 3 passes
If fails do the same for 8 passes.

Problems like this are often memory related, do you have enough memory?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286402-windows-vista-freezes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Sorry to call it a sleep mode i'm not entirely sure what it is but it's the default option for the key next to the search bar before the computer lock When highlighted it says quot Keeps your system in memory and puts the computer 'Sleep Mode' the Vista computer. Crashing in a low-power state so that you Vista 'Sleep Mode' Crashing the computer. can quickly continue working quot Essentially what happens is i click the button Vista 'Sleep Mode' Crashing the computer. mostly by accident as i just switched from xp and the computer shuts down immediately without doing anything I'm like sure sleep mode ok and click the mouse and sure enough the computer spins back to life Only as soon as it spins up it shuts off again then seconds or so later it spins up again rinse and repeat until i pull the power I did try the power button to no avail Now the computer runs fine if i don't touch this button I assumed it was a faulty powersupply as i didn't associate the problem to the button at the time so i took it out and sent it in to get fixed and put my old computers powersupply in and it booted right up and worked fine for a day until i clicked that button in which case the comptuer did the exact same thing I just finished building the computer intel quad core gigs of ram ati apevia w psu the one i returned was a corsair w i'm using ultimate x hopefully i can figure this out thanks

A:Vista 'Sleep Mode' Crashing the computer.

This is fairly strange and I don't really have any ideads at the moment. But I was just going to tell you that you can change what that button does in the Power Options:

Control Panel > Power Options. Click on "Change plan settings" for the current power plan, then click "Change advanced power settings". Expand the "Power buttons and lid" section, then the "Start menu power button". Select what you want it to be, et voil?.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172708-vista-sleep-mode-crashing-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

For some reason unknown after a Vista patch my system no longer enters quot Sleep mode quot I'm positive it is the result of a patch and I'm rather bitter about the fact that after months of waiting no fix has been released Before anyone asks NO the system is not entering some sort of passworded screener which I've seen replies for on some other peoples post on this matter Situation is simple I installed a Windows Vista critical update and after doing so I can no longer enter sleep mode neither through put Vista mode I it off in when x64 Ultimate logs Sleep quot Start - gt Shutdown - gt Sleep quot OR by simply leaving my pc idle for a period of time and letting it attempt Vista Ultimate x64 logs off when I put it in Sleep mode Hibernation Sleep mode it's as though in the patch Microsoft have simply messed up somewhere and made sleep mode or hibernation across the board quot log off quot instead Simple fix I would assume but no fix for months I'd really like this fixed in an upcoming patch

A:Vista Ultimate x64 logs off when I put it in Sleep mode

update your bios, it mightnt support the new update.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246605-vista-ultimate-x64-logs-off-when-i-put-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have our wireless router hooked up to my computer at home When I shut down my computer the router stays up and working fine allowing our wireless laptops mode in 64 Router down Vista sleep shuts access to the internet The ethernet light stays lit and everything is fine However when I put my computer in sleep mode - something I would prefer to do rather than shutting it down when I'm not using it Router shuts down in sleep mode Vista 64 - the ethernet light goes out and the laptops can't connect to the internet It even says no network connection is available Does anyone know if there is something I can do Change a setting Router shuts down in sleep mode Vista 64 in Vista or in the system BIOS Is it something to do with the router The router is pretty old - Router shuts down in sleep mode Vista 64 Actiontec GT WG but we've never had any problems with it I'm running Vista Home Premium bit on a custom built system with an E Ghz and megs of RAM Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X -DS Thanks for any help

A:Router shuts down in sleep mode Vista 64

Is the ethernet cable running from the modem going into the router, or the computer? It would makes sense to me that if they were switched something like that would occur...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/251195-router-shuts-down-sleep-mode-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I have a problem with windows vista ultimate x64 SP1 latest build(6000 something)

When my comp resumes from "sleep mode"(S3 state) it freezes after 5-20 seconds. Mouse, keyboard, and all programs stop responding.

I have installed the hotfix KB928135 but with no avial
I have installed all of the latest drivers for my system

My system:

Monitor: Dell E157FP
MOBO: D975XBX rev. 304
PSU: Corsair TX650
VGA: ATI Radeon 3870
Mous/Keyboard: PS/2
RAM: 2GB G.Skill pc6400

Currently i'm trying (yea trying but not having luck) to install the original latest bios 1487, because I flashed a custom one with Intergrated tool kit. Could this be the problem?

I'm lost and frustrated and hoping you guys can help me, if you need any more information please ask.

Thanks.

A:Vista freezes on resume from sleep mode

you guys are a lot of help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-on-resume-from-sleep-mode-281235.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Can anyone help me with the following? I recently went wireless and since then I have been unable to put my computer to sleep! It will go into hybrid sleep but I don't always want to use this option. I'm running Vista home premium and my router is a Netgear WGR614. Would I have to change any settings in the router software? I have gone into power settings on PC and as far as I can see everything is set as it should be? Any help/advice would be appreciated!

A:Putting PC to sleep!

you probably need to goto the optios for yuor wireless device and select the "allow vista to turn off this device to save power" option and / or unselect the "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" option

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/224825-putting-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Well usually I don t get these after awakening from sleep mode maybe only a few times in the months I ve been using my computer This morning after waking my computer from sleep No Sleep Awaking, BSOD After Mode, Vista Internet After in the morning it was probably in sleep mode for about - hours I got a BSOD I let everything run its course however when my computer booted back up I realized that I had no BSOD After Sleep Mode, No Internet After Awaking, Vista internet connection I turned off my router waited a bit started it back up and then I was able to connect again However I had to go BSOD After Sleep Mode, No Internet After Awaking, Vista out and let my computer go back to sleep Alas once again when I woke it up my internet was gone A reboot reset of router modem was required for the internet connection Later I had to go eat dinner and of course let my computer go back into sleep mode Once again when I woke my computer from sleep mode my internet connection was gone TL DR BSOD after sleep mode one morning now every time my computer comes out of sleep mode I have no internet I am connected to the internet via a local area connection from an ethernet cable Desktop PC nbsp

A:BSOD After Sleep Mode, No Internet After Awaking, Vista

Do you have System Restore point that predates these problems? Make sure to show dates more than 5 days old when checking.

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.
You can also try "Clean Boot" troubleshooting >>

CLEAN BOOT TROUBLESHOOTING technique

First, restart in Safe Mode if necessary -- (tap the f8 key promptly on startup and choose the Safe Mode option from the boot menu) or Normal mode

Then:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << written for Vista, but applies equally well to XP

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-after-sleep-mode-no-internet-after-awaking-vista.815863/
Relevancy 60.2%

Periodically, when my PC comes out of sleep mode, my keyboard and mouse are locked up. At first this happened only occasionally but now happens more often. The only solution I’ve found is to shut my PC down at the switch and restart it. I am at a loss for how to remedy this problem. I’ve attempted to research a fix on my own but my computer skills are beginner level at best. I would appreciate any input.

My PC is a HP m9105f. I have Vista 32bit Home Premium edition. Please let me know what other information I could provide that might be helpful.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sleep-mode-frozen-keyboard-mouse.928915/
Relevancy 60.2%

Following one of many sets of online instructions, we successfully (well almost) installed Windows XP on our new Toshiba U405-S2824 laptop, which came pre-loaded with Vista. The one thing that no longer works is the feature that enabled us to plug our MP3 player into a "hot" USB port to charge overnight. Any ideas on why it is no longer supported, and whether there is a fix for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-mode-after-installing-windows-xp-on-vista-machine.737023/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
When my PC comes out of sleep mode, my keyboard and mouse are locked up. At first this happened only occasionally but now happens more often. The only solution I’ve found is to shut my PC down at the switch and restart it. I am at a loss for how to remedy this problem. I’ve attempted to research a fix on my own but to no avail. I would appreciate any input.

My Operating system is Vista 32bit Home Premium edition.
Hope you can help.
Thanks.
Vinnie.

A:Vista sleep mode--frozen keyboard/mouse

have you tried to update your system drivers?

you may have an "updater" on your laptop, most manufacturers have this software. Iv recently seen it on a HP laptop. HP Upadter and it searches for new updates to firmware/softare. if you have this then try it,.

otherwise, go to the manufacturers website and see if any drivers or firmware updates are available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sleep-mode-frozen-keyboard-mouse.1001131/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a HP Pavillion and want to know how to set it to go to sleep?

A:putting computer to sleep

HP Pavilion = laptop, correct?

Open Control Panel, Power Options icon

On Laptops there should be 2 settings; one for AC (adapter being used), the other for Battery.

Just a suggestion; for AC settings I recommend NOT to turn drives off nor Hibernate.

Also, I am not familiar with HP laptops, but some (like Toshiba) have their own laptop setup in Control Panel that includes Power Options.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/putting-computer-to-sleep-361813.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, just joined..

just got a new laptop, samsung Q320, it says to put the laptop to sleep press the "esc" key, it even has a picture of the moon on it, but when I press it nothing happens. any ideas?

thanks

A:Putting the laptop to sleep

Go to start button

In shut down, you will see a little arrow on the right, click. You will see sleep option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/88697-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone. I have a strange problem and I hope someone can help me solve it. Yesterday we had a blackout and my pc was on sleep when that happened. After power returned I tried to turn it on just to find that it would not. Lights turn on, fan starts spinning and I can hear the sound of cd-rom but other than that nothing happens. screen is just black and nothing shows up. I'm not good with computers, but I dismounted everything including SPU and that battery thingy on the motherboard. I also tried to boot from cd to access repair mode. nothing worked. Now I am beginning to wonder if theres something with motherboard and I like to ask someone with some knowledge in this matter, not some random girl who knows about pc like me any advice would be appreciated

I'm sorry if I posted this in wrong section

A:Can't start pc after putting it to sleep

Hello Lenalee.

Make it sure that the monitor is turning on at first. If not, check the cabling, check the SMPS.

If monitor turns on, but no display, then power cycle the PC. Disconnect all the sources of power, press and hold the power button for say 30 seconds, or till it sounds a beep.

If still it is the same, dismantle the computer and Re-seat. Also Clear COMS.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300439-cant-start-pc-after-putting-sleep.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I want to be able to put my monitors to sleep but not my processor/hardrive etc.

In the power options i have it set to "turn off display"s in 20 minutes and to "never" "put the computer to sleep"

but when i use the sleep key on my keyboard or select "sleep" from the start menu it puts my computer to sleep.

Is there a way that when i select "sleep" that only the monitors sleep?

Mainly is there a way without installing additional software?

I have 9 monitors that i would like to beable to ideally put to sleep on command with the sleep key on my Razer keyboard.

thanks

A:putting only monitors to sleep

I just physically turn off my monitors, but that's just me.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/putting-only-monitors-sleep-277548/
Relevancy 59.77%

hello all again,

i have a question - if you put a laptop to sleep, then will the downloads stop in vista?

thanks!

Relevancy 59.34%

hai.. help needed.... i am having the exact problem as op.. when i press sleep button, screen goes black (as usual).. but fan, and other keyboard lights are still on... it just freezes... i have to force shutdown to again use my laptop...

i am attaching the msinfo32.nfo, driverview.txt...

and one more thing... i dont have problem of bsod... thanks..

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Original Thread

Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368428-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently.

Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and the power button light stays on endlessly. I always have to force shut it down and restart it.

What can be the issue?
Thanks.

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Hi joseph10444.

Such a situation may occur when some driver (mostly the PnP device drivers depending on the ACPI configuration) fail to response within a stipulated time period during the power state change.

Let us see some data. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
Those files will give us a closer look to the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335394-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 59.34%

First off my start menu somehow got Start Menu - Trouble Mode, Sleep Vista Double messed up after using Ubuntu on it The problem is that my start menu displays two instances of the quot Pictures quot shortcut One of them should be quot Music quot hovering over the duplicate it shows the regular message for the Music folder under the cursor quot Store and Play music and other audio files quot UPDATE I have managed to changed the name so it says Music under the Start menu but in the explorer it is still quot Pictures quot Another small problem is I have two folders with the same name strange changing the name of it renames both quot Pictures quot folders for some reason I also want to change the icon of the folder back to the normal one UPDATE Second selecting sleep mode will now only log me out of my account That s basically it for the sleep problem This is one of the reasons I switched to Ubuntu but I m Vista Double Trouble - Sleep Mode, Start Menu back on Vista for now Please and Thank You for any help given nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, all!

I heard this is a regular Vista glitch, but perhaps there is a patch I am unaware of? I attempted to get around the security center such as trying to add the firewall to my list of startup programs, but that didn't work either. I am using only the windows firewall, and had the Norton crap uninstalled.... I'm still having the issue of it not wanting to stay engaged.

So, every time I wake the lappie back up, it gives me a security bubble telling me that my firewall is esentially down... I shouldn't have to keep turing it on and it's quite annoying. If anyone can show me how to keep it on, that would be fabulous!

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-firewall-disconnects-every-time-the-pc-is-in-sleep-mode-or-hibernate.582387/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running Windows Vista I connect to the internet via a cable modem supplied by my ISP which is wired directly to my single computer a Vista desktop This connection uses an Ethernet cable connected to the network adapter in the motherboard The problem that I'm having is that every time the computer wakes from sleep the internet is basically broken It will not connect to the internet and my status is quot local only quot I right click on my internet button in the [SOLVED] Server from up wake mode. DNS with Vista on sleep Problem notification area and click quot diagnose and repair quot and it comes up with this quot [SOLVED] Problem with DNS Server on Vista wake up from sleep mode. Cannot Communicate with [SOLVED] Problem with DNS Server on Vista wake up from sleep mode. Primary DNS Server xxx xx x xxx quot It gives me the option to reset the network adapter Which fixes the problem every time I just can't understand why I have to reset my adapter every time I wake from sleep mode The option on the network adapter to turn on off the energy saving mode doesn't help Neither it does the option to turn off IPv on the connection properties I have Vista Home Basic with all the updates installed to this day I would greatly appreciate your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-problem-with-dns-server-on-vista-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-403119.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I have a fujitsu laptop on vista home premium with an ati mobility radeon 2600 video card. When I startup vista my screen size is 1440 x 900. After I leave my computer for a little bit and come back (so after it has been in sleep mode) the max resolution for my screen is 1024 x 768. I can't get put it any higher than that size.

A:My Vista screen size is stuck at 1024 x 768 after sleep mode

Sounds like your video drivers don't come out of sleep.

Did you upgrade your video drivers from the Fujitsu website?

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-vista-screen-size-is-stuck-at-1024-x-768-after-sleep-mode.746291/
Relevancy 59.34%

This is my first post on this interesting looking forum I came across it more or less by accident I have here what I think at least to me will 2007 Sleep mode Vista/Office Unusual problem. be a test of the expertise of the group since I have posted the problem on the usual Microsoft Communities Unusual Vista/Office 2007 Sleep mode problem. user groups e g microsoft Unusual Vista/Office 2007 Sleep mode problem. public office setup microsoft public windows vista general etc a few times with no good suggestions The one time I did get through to the Vista phone line support they did not fix the problem I will now describe So here goes I have a problem with all Office programs not working when I come back from Vista sleep mode For example with Outlook upon clicking on the Send Receive button I get no response If I take the option quot Let Outlook rescue the information quot the window goes into light grey mode and sits there for - minutes If I try and cancel the program instead it hangs Ctrl Alt Del shows up as the tread quot Not responding quot quot End tread quot option takes a few minutes to close Even if I try and shut down Vista the whole thing takes minutes Now interestingly enough if I set the computer in sleep mode with the application open When it re-awakes outlook works fine If I close the application and immediately reopen it it again hangs as above If I close the hung office program I use mainly Outlook amp Word once it finally closes it works OK when reopened A few other facts that hopefully may help After a vista wakeup I have - I have no problem reading mail with Vista mail I have no problem with Microsoft Front Page I remove Front Page there are no other office applications present and replace it with Microsoft Expression Web still the above problem Never a problem getting to or from the internet All other programs work fine upon returning from sleep mode Same problem with Word and Excel as with Outlook The problem is not consistent If I go into sleep mode for a short while minutes it returns OK Certainly overnight always a problem Every other program on this computer works fine No problems with drivers video boards etc If I look at the relevant Event viewer Application log I get - Version EventType AppHangB EventTime ReportType Consent UploadTime Response BucketId Response BucketTable Response type Sig Name Application Name Sig Value OUTLOOK EXE Sig Name Application Version Sig Value Sig Name Application Timestamp Sig Value f Sig Name Hang Signature Sig Value cf Sig Name Hang Type Sig Value DynamicSig Name OS Version DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Locale ID DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value e a d bab eaa c ea a DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value a DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value f fba aae e f aa c b DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value cf DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value e a d bab eaa c ea a DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value a DynamicSig Name Additional Hang Signature DynamicSig Value f fba aae e f aa c b UI Microsoft Office Outlook is not responding UI If you restart or close the program it will try to recover your information UI Restart the program UI Restart the program UI Close the program State Key Transport DoneStage State Value FriendlyEventName Stopped responding and was closed ConsentKey AppHangXProcB AppName Microsoft Office Outlook AppPath C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE ReportDescription A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows There are no reported errors in the Windows System log OK that s about all I have to work with Would really appreciate an expert from this group helping me out I can carry out any tests suggestions you may have quickly nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Every time I wake my laptop up from sleep mode, my Windows live messenger refuses to start. It is still showing up in task bar but I get no response from right-clicking on it. When I double-click on it, the main messenger window opens but it unresponsive. Once I get the main msngr window up I can use Task Manager to disable the process and then start it again fresh. It's either this or restart the computer completely, which I have done a few times after I got sick of restarting the process. It works great after a restart.
Any clue why this keeps happening? It is a pain to have to restart the process every time I wake the machine up.
I also have Messenger Plus! installed, if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
KN

A:Windows Live Messenger Freezes After Vista Comes Out Of Sleep Mode

I have exactly the same issue. The WLMessenger support people asked me to completely uninstall WSLMessenger and reinstall it. But as always happen with that people this is not the solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167017/windows-live-messenger-freezes-after-vista-comes-out-of-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Home Premium SP Build Mobo Gigabyte M MT-S P AMD Phenom II X T Processor Mhz Cores I guess it is best to just explain the experience going it's of only sleep. Computer coming likely out as when reboots into sleep, I Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep. am having In January Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep. I purchased my first SSD drive promptly installed Windows on it to use as my boot drive I was very pleased with how quickly the system would come out of sleep so I've become accustomed to letting my computer go to sleep when previously I had disabled this feature On the th I got a new tower and transferred everything into there On the th I ran into a little anomaly with the Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep. sleep function where I went to wake the system and the mouse light went from on to off and the system booted up to the POST screen From the POST screen I noticed that the SSD was missing from the detected devices so of course the system failed to boot I hit the reset button and the same thing happened I held down the power button to turn the PC off then immediately turned it back on and it was back to being detected I guess that since it was missing during that first boot the BIOS automatically set another drive as the boot drive since I had to go into the BIOS settings and correct the boot order Once this issue was fixed I get to the Windows boot screen and it freezes Reset again get past POST then Windows asks me if I want to resume my previous session or delete the resume and do a fresh boot Resume freezes new boot works fine So I'm back into Windows everything seems fine Some time later I changed my power settings so that the computer went to sleep after minutes instead of an hour Since this change the crashes from sleep happen more frequently Though I am not sure on this I think it is because I am more likely to come back to my computer after minutes than I am after an hour and I think the crashes are happening because I've tried to wake the system as it's trying to go to sleep Step out for a break come back in minutes and crash Go out for two hours come back and it wakes fine I think every now and then I by chance catch the system just as it is trying to sleep and there is some problem here that causes it to not handle this well but I don't know how to fix it All in all I believe this has happened maybe - times in the past days I've checked Event Viewer not a lot of info but this is what it says Log Name System Source EventLog Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer CHASE-DESKTOP Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name EventLog gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt CHASE-DESKTOP lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DE C F B DE C B C C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt And Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer CHASE-DESKTOP Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version... Read more

A:Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep.

SSD and sleep sometimes doesn't mix to well. There might be a fix from the vendor. A good read here on your same issue to give you an idea why. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011/06/ask-ars-do-solid-state-drives-cause-problems-with-sleep-mode/

SSD's boot so fast in my opinion it's kind of pointless to have sleep or hibernation. I would be sure to turn off all that garbage...sleep, hibernation, defrag, HD indexing, HD paging, Windows Search service etc. Hibernation alone uses like 10g's of hd space. Windows places a hidden file called hiberfil.sys on C: To turn it off go to cmd.exe run as admin and type powercfg -h off. Hiberfil.sys will vanish from the drive and you will regain hd space. HD paging, again take control of that and turn it off completely or limit it's useage to like 400-2048 depending on how much memory the system has. Hope that helps you out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529218/computer-reboots-when-coming-out-of-sleep-likely-only-as-its-going-into-sleep/
Relevancy 58.91%

My V Nitro is V15 up to waking Nitro not putting after sleep it a fairly new laptop only over V15 Nitro not waking up after putting it to sleep a month old and I've been getting problems with the battery nbsp A couple of weeks V15 Nitro not waking up after putting it to sleep ago one morning it didn't wake up after putting it to sleep and I had to press the reset button the back of the laptop as nothing else I did or could find would help the issue nbsp It happened again yesterday and I reset it again and now this morning nbsp So what happened was that when I tried to wake the laptop up by lift the screen lid the battery light would flash as if it was depleted and just not respond to my attempts to wake it up nbsp I had to force it to turn off and turn on again for it to respond and then it would indicate that the battery is actually full After searching the net for a solution I found that I had to reset the battery by pushed the button on the underside of the laptop nbsp I did this each time and looked at the batterry settings and the battery levels and they are definitely not depleted so why does it think it is and refusing to wake up when I lift the lid after its put to sleep nbsp I've never had this problem with other laptops before nbsp Please help also is having to reset the battery like that not good for the laptop

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-Nitro-not-waking-up-after-putting-it-to-sleep/td-p/445375
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I have been trying to fix my computer for about a week now The problem has been happening for about weeks What happens is when i put my computer to sleep or if my computer goes to sleep by it self it gets a blue screen and shuts down I have updated the drivers and ran the SCANNOW command to try and fix the files WHen i reboot my computer after i get the blue screen it freezes for about min on a white screen before starting windows This is the error its sends me Im running BSOD computer putting to when sleep windows x any help would be great and if you need anymore info let me know and i will try and provide it Thanks Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information BSOD when putting computer to sleep about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF F BCP FFFFF A E BCP FFFFF A E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Josh AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD when putting computer to sleep

Download memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes to see if it is the memory. http://www.memtest.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424663/bsod-when-putting-computer-to-sleep/
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently accidentally put my computer to sleep Computer not booting sleep putting to after when trying to shut it off and since then it just refuses to boot The motherboard usually beeps when booting up but thats stopped now the only thing that happens is the fans all run for a couple of minutes before the computer powers down on its own theres no power going to the usb ports either as the laser on the mouse doesnt light up neither do the lights on the keyboard I dont get any video output at all The computer is custom Computer not booting after putting to sleep built and specs are Motherboard - Asus P -QE CPU - Intel Core Computer not booting after putting to sleep Quad Q GHz Ram x GB Kingston DDR GPU ATI Radeon HD GB PSU Corsair TX w I have tried using my old GPU removing everything except the CPU and heatsink fan same as above but with both GPU's seperately and stick of ram rewiring the whole pc a w PSU removing HDDs and booting only with the OS loaded HDD after the above the pc still wont boot please help me

A:Computer not booting after putting to sleep

UPDATE: after clearing CMOS the computer will now boot, but there are green squares where the asus logo would be when booting, it gets to a point where asks to enter bios to configure it, but then just cuts out after a few seconds when configuring bios. then it will cut off before it even reaches that point, after leaving the computer off for a few mins it will do the same thing up to configuring bios then cut off then starts and cut offs after about 3 secs until left off for a while

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294341-computer-not-booting-after-putting-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Yesterday I put my laptop to sleep by closing the lid like I normally do and when I woke up it was powered off. The last few days though every time I did that it put it into hibernation(im pretty sure). I made sure that wasn't in the settings. It is set to sleep when I close the lid. I have all windows updates. I appreciate any help. I never saw the BSOD but when I opened my laptop and it was turned off I checked for a minidump and there was one for today.Attachment 55938

A:BSOD when putting laptop to sleep.

IMO this is most likely due to your Virtual Box networking adapter (I had similar problems with my installation of Virtual Box and had to disable it - but I do not use hibernation/sleep). But it is possible that it's due to the wireless networking drivers also.

The memory dump implies (but does not name) the Virtual Box networking components.
On my system I disabled "Virtual Box Host-Only Ethernet Adapter" in the Network Adapters section of Device Manager

Also, you have both BitDefender and MalwareBytes running. You should not have more than one antivirus or one firewall running at the same time (I also noticed that you have Comodo installed) Please uninstall MalwareBytes and Comodo. Should you reinstall MalwareBytes, be sure not to check the MalwareBytes Pro Trial - as that's what causes it to load at startup.
Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Dec 30 15:59:53.608 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\123114-27875-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500
System Uptime:0 days 8:08:38.356
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VBoxNetFlt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VBoxNetFlt.sys
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp
BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe000adfb1680, fffff801f1e94960, ffffe000ae85a130}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: ffffe000adfb1680, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff801f1e94960, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: ffffe000ae85a130, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_ntkrnlmp
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2500
CurrentSpeed: 2494
BIOS Version 5ECN96WW(V9.01)
BIOS Release Date 03/14/2013
Manufacturer LENOVO
Product Name 20150
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Tue Dec 30 15:59:53.608 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
clwvd.sys Mon Jun 25 23:46:14 2012 (4FE93086)
CFRMD.sys Tue Jul 17 01:05:37 2012 (5004F2A1)
dump_iaStorA.sys Sat Sep 1 21:01:24 2012 (5042AFE4)
iaStorA.sys Sat Sep 1 21:01:24 2012 (5042AFE4)
ETD.sys Thu Sep 27 06:17:39 2012 (506427C3)
bdvedisk.sys Thu Sep 27 09:37:29 2012 (50645699)
bdfwfpf.sys Wed Oct 17 08:12:10 2012 (507EA09A)
ambakdrv.sys Tue Dec 25 03:46:35 2012 (50D967EB)
ammntdrv.sys Tue Dec 25 03:46:37 2012 (50D967ED)
amwrtdrv.sys Tue Dec 25 03:46:38 2012 (50D967EE)
AcpiVpc.sys Sat Feb 16 20:52:02 2013 (512037C2)
Smb_driver_Intel.sys Tue May 7 18:20:44 2013 (51897E3C)
athw8x.sys Thu May 16 23:49:09 2013 (5195A8B5)
L1C63x64.sys Wed May 29 03:14:28 2013 (51A5AAD4)
CHDRT64.sys Wed Jul 10 04:32:27 2013 (51DD1C1B)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 04:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
vm331avs.sys Wed Sep 11 02:27:48 2013 (52300D64)
iusb3hub.sys Tue Sep 17 10:44:18 2013 (52386AC2)
iusb3xhc.sys Tue Sep 17 10:44:21 2013 (52386AC5)
hmd.sys Tue Oct 1 07:04:28 2013 (524AAC3C)
bdfndisf6.sys Wed Nov 13 08:35:... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59324-bsod-when-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My V Nitro is a fairly new laptop only over a month old and I've been getting problems with the battery nbsp A couple of weeks ago one morning it didn't wake up after putting it to sleep and I had to press the reset button the back of the laptop as nothing else I did or could find would help the issue nbsp It happened again yesterday and I reset it again and now this morning nbsp So what happened was that when I tried to wake the laptop up by lift the screen lid the battery light would flash as if it was depleted and just not respond to my attempts to wake it up nbsp I had to force it to to Nitro up after V15 it waking sleep not putting turn off and turn on again for it to respond and then it would indicate that the battery is actually full After searching the net for a solution I found that I had to reset the battery by pushed the button on the underside of the laptop nbsp I did this each time and looked at the batterry settings and the battery levels and they are definitely not depleted so why does it think it is and refusing to wake up when I lift the lid after its put to sleep nbsp I've never had this problem with other laptops before nbsp Please help also is having to reset the battery like that not good for the laptop

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-Nitro-not-waking-up-after-putting-it-to-sleep/td-p/445375/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

I only ever get a BSOD when I put my PC to sleep It will then just shut down and soluto will tell me afterward of my BSOD issue I have run tests on my hard drive and RAM with no issues arising BlueScreenView shows that I am constantly plagued by Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM version Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Roughly - years no re instillation CPU Intel Core i Video Card NVIDIA sleep to when putting PC BSOD [SOLVED] GeForce GTX MotherBoard Asus P X PRO Power Supply - Corsair AX W System Manufacturer None made it myself Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Laptop or Desktop Desktop

A:[SOLVED] BSOD when putting PC to sleep

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) bug check.

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If we take a look at the call stack:

Code:

0: kd> kv
Child-SP RetAddr : Args to Child : Call Site
fffff880`009e2c68 fffff800`04283169 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`009e2c70 fffff800`04281de0 : fffffa80`0fde0260 fffff800`04387f2d fffffa80`108dccf0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`009e2db0 fffff800`0428a93c : fffffa80`0da551a0 fffffa80`0c9371d0 fffffa80`0f392010 fffffa80`0c9373c0 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260 (TrapFrame @ fffff880`009e2db0)
fffff880`009e2f40 fffff880`016395b2 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0da55100 fffffa80`1153d000 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x13c
fffff880`009e2fe0 fffff880`017f46d1 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`126e78f0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`125a42d0 : ndis!NdisWaitEvent+0x32
fffff880`009e3020 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`126e78f0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`125a42d0 fffffa80`0da551a0 : scmndisp+0x16d1
scmndisp.sys calls into a NdisWaitEvent function. This function puts the caller (scmndisp.sys) into a wait state until the given event is set to the Signaled state or the wait times out. It appears that this was attempted at the improper IRQL, therefore a bugcheck occurred.

1. scmndisp.sys is the Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver which is old and out of date (2007). Please uninstall your Netgear software.

2. In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

3. If you're still crashing after the above, please enable Driver Verifier:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8/8.1, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD. To expand on this a bit more for the... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-when-putting-pc-to-sleep-812498.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I"m running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version. I noticed after I installed SP1 whenever I put the computer to sleep, the disk churns away for about 5-10 mins and eventually it BSOD - driver power state failure - 0x0000009f

I'e read through various posts and tried a bunch of things but nothing works. All the MS updates have been applied. Im running the latest ATI GPU drivers and all the software on my machine is up to date according to Secunia PSI.
Any ideas? I've attached the mini dump.

A:BSOD When putting computer to sleep

Fixed it - ran windbg and it pointed to the Realtek NIC driver. A new version was released last month which I installed and problem resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/165215-bsod-when-putting-computer-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

The motherboard I'm using is a 'Gigabyte X48-DS4' with a 'Q9450' Processor with 'Windows 7 Professional' installed from fresh, not updated.

The operating system is completely updated automatically with all required updates and patches from Microsoft.

The problem I'm having is very weird, I've never seen it before.

If I put the computer to 'Sleep', it will go to 'Sleep' but when I come back and press the power button on the computer, it will continuously cycle, the computer powers on, and then powers off, and keeps doing that until I either hold the power button down (or switch it off at the power supply) and then power it back on. However, if I do this, its like a normal boot, no longer resuming from its Sleep.

Please help! Thanks!

A:Computer will not start after putting it to Sleep..

What happens if you turn off hybrid sleep mode it's in dutch but Uitschakelen means 'disable'

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202916-computer-will-not-start-after-putting-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Please help with the BSOD..PFA..
Thank You..

A:BSOD while putting the laptop on sleep..

Hi

The crash dumps seems to blame the LAN adapter driver so the issue seems to be related to network interface.

Code:
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8005723050 00000000 fffff8038cfeeda0-fffffa800937e510 Success Error Cancel pending
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt630x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt630x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt630x64.sys
\Driver\RTL8168 nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion

Please try the below steps one by one.

1. Update Ethernet driver.

Download and install Win8 and Win8.1 Auto Installation Program from Realtek

2. If the issue continues, please uninstall Vmware completely as a test. It's virtual network adapter drivers are known to interfere with physical network adapter drivers.

Let us know your findings in next reply.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37438-bsod-while-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

ok, guys I have been struggling to fix this for hours now.
MY computer gives a BSOD as soon as I press the sleep button, instead of sleeping it gives a BSOD and restarts. I recently updated to win 8 pro 64 bit from Win 7, and that's when this started, initially it just hanged when trying to sleep, so I updated my Intel rapid start and AHCI drivers, after that it just gives BSOD and restarts whenever I try to put it to sleep.
MY PC has a built in SSD in order to improve startup speeds etc (20GB). and I guess the drivers are messed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have included a log file from the software recommended in the posting instructions

A:BSOD while putting to sleep PAGE_FAULT

Hi,

Update:

k57nd60a k57nd60a.sys Wed Oct 19 16:17:36 2011 (4E9F3060) << Broadcom's site
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jun 12 06:02:32 2012 (4FD713B8) << HD audio, Realtek site
RtsPStor RtsPStor.sys Thu Mar 29 03:09:33 2012 (4F740AAD) << Card reader, Realtek site
athrx athrx.sys Fri Feb 24 02:55:06 2012 (4F47425A) <<< Atheros.cz

Enjoy.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41305-bsod-while-putting-sleep-page_fault.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Every time I try to recover from sleep mode, the monitor light flashes, but nothing appears on the display. I haven't had the patience to wait for it recover (if ever), but have rebooted to Safe Mode, then rebooted again. From Google search results, it's clear that this is a common problem in Vista x64 with a variety of systems running dual monitor displays. (I have a Matrox M9120 PCIe x16 graphics card.) See:

vista 64 sleep mode monitor flashes - Google Search

Is there is a solution, other than what I have done -- change the "Put computer to sleep" option to Never? I wonder whether the same bug occurs in the Windows 7 x64 beta.

A:Vista x64 - slow recovery from sleep mode - flashing monitor light

Have a look at the tutorial here, it may help :-
Also as a side note have you looked in your bios to see what the sleep mode options are?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/204238-vista-x64-slow-recovery-sleep-mode-flashing-monitor-light.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi My computer is running Windows professional It is a fresh install I have a blu ray drive installed LG BH ls that works fine However when I put my computer to sleep and wake it back up the drive is gone When I go to device manager and try to scan for hardware changes it still doesn t recognize it The only way to solve the problem is to shut down the computer Restarting the computer doesn t help If I restart the computer stays on the motherboards screen for a longer period of time then it normally does about seconds Also it seems that this drive is affecting the computer when I shut it down After having this problem of not being able to find the drive it seems my computer takes longer to shut down I have installed all necessary updates for Windows and the driver is provided by Microsoft driver version - and date is I called LG and they have not been able to find a solution It seems they do not provide Drive after disappears computer Ray to Blu putting sleep have a driver and rely on microsoft s drivers I also updated my BIOS to the newest version I went to my local store and tried another LG drive which Blu Ray Drive disappears after putting computer to sleep was older and not blu ray and it worked fine so it s not a motherboard or power issue My computer is running in IDE mode The reason I state that is because I saw some posts about people switching from IDE to AHCI mode to help similar problems to this However I talked to the technician at my local microcenter and he said this wouldn t be the issue Sounds to me like firmware issue Anyone know a way to solve this

A:Blu Ray Drive disappears after putting computer to sleep

1) Does it recognize it when you insert a disc?

2) Have you tried replacing the drive with a replacement blu-ray drive?

3) One option, clearly, is not to use "sleep". While hibernation and sleep work perfectly for many, there are LOTS of folks who have various problems with one or the other (or both). Believe it or not, these functions were never 100% perfected by Microsoft (hard to do when you are dealing with all of the possible various hw & sw configurations). You can simply set the hd & display to power down after a defined period of inactivity. It should work just fine for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437474/blu-ray-drive-disappears-after-putting-computer-to-sleep/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone I left my putting to Problem and computer restarting then sleep Sony Vaio VGN-NS D on when I left a few Fridays ago and when I returned on Monday it had gone to sleep by itself like it normally does Problem putting computer to sleep and then restarting However I ve recently discovered that when it goes to sleep without me pressing the quot sleep quot button when it restarts again the blue Problem putting computer to sleep and then restarting screen pops up SO FAR it hasn t been too serious because I am able to reboot my computer from the blue screen and the system simply restarts and everything looks normal However this is very troubling to be blue screens scare the bleep out of me so I d like to know if anyone can recommend any actions I can take to fix this issue It s never happened before and if I shut down my computer or press the sleep button the screen doesn t pop up I also get the blue screen when I just close my computer top without hitting shut down first I ve already gotten a blue screen many many times but somehow I feel like one of these days it ll just be a fatal error and I ll have to scrap this laptop which I don t want to do I also can t tell if this is a problem with my Vaio or not but it s fairly new so I don t really think so I m hoping for suggestions to fix the issue so I can stop constantly worrying that someday I ll get a complete crash and won t be able to turn on my laptop at all anymore Also an explanation of what s happening would also be great Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365145/problem-putting-computer-to-sleep-and-then-restarting/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am running Windows 8.1 with all updates (including graphics etc.). When trying to put my Dell XPS 15 9530 to sleep (most of the time) I get BSOD. I am attaching mini dump file. Please be so kind and let me know your analysis so I can take care of this annoying problem. Thank you very much.
Ludovit

A:BSOD when putting Dell XPS 15 9530 to sleep

Here is the proper zip file.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60690-bsod-when-putting-dell-xps-15-9530-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Is there a way to do this without putting your computer to sleep?

I'd like to be able to lock my screen and still have my files download while it's locked for example.

I've tried google and all, but all the results are for mac, and nothing is showing for PC...

Thanks guys!

A:lock screen without putting computer to sleep

Hi, if you mean to just lock your computer, I am asumming vista, it is pretty easy.
You will need to have the settings correct so it won't go to sleep automatically.

But if you want o have it so you need the accout password to use the computer again, just go to the Start Menu, and on the bottom right will be 2 buttons and an arrow. One button is to shut the computer down or something like that, the other is to lock the computer. You can als click the arrow and select Lock that way.

I'm not sure if the Lock optio is avaliable if you don't have a password set, so you will need to have that set.

If this is not what you were looking for, please tell me and I will try to correct it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lock-screen-without-putting-computer-to-sleep-415602.html
Relevancy 58.48%

It's been happening over the past 2 weeks or so...

It doesn't happen everytime but about every other time i put the laptop to sleep or hibernate. I get the BSOD.

I can;t read the DMP file but I put the file in my dropbox and here is a link to the DMP file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3072828/020610-70496-01.dmp

Please someone help. tired of the multiple of BSODs and concerned that I'm doing some serious damage to my Sony Vaio latop running 64 bit Windows 7.

Thanks!

A:lots of BSOD when putting laptop to sleep

Link is broken.

If you can get into your computer, you can upload it like this: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

As a preliminary idea, try turning off hybrid sleep: Windows Does Not Start After Sleep
This might help, if not go ahead and post that .dmp file.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/61716-lots-bsod-when-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,

I have a Dell inspiron 3542.
My HDD got a bit slow lately so I checked it with CrystalDiskInfo and HDTUBE both said bad sectors.
Anyway a couple of months ago I downloaded "Driver Booster" to get the latest drivers for my hardware.
I remember since then I got problems with my laptop (slowness, high cpu), I suspect some driver is making
Problems.
Since like 2 weeks ago I turn on the laptop (after being in sleep mode), and each time I get error the windows was just recovered from an unexpected shut down.
I uploaded here in the thread my logs, hope u guys can help out.
+
I got myself 2-3 times BSOD, just like that.
Much appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400878-bsod-occured-after-putting-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My HP DV7-7135US has begun recently begun crashing while going to sleep. I've had the laptop for several years and it randomly crashed when going to sleep or hibernate. It always hangs after turning off the sound (light goes out) but before turning off the wireless/bluetooth hardware and fingerprint reader. Sent the laptop to HP, their solution was to wipe and reload it. Still had issues. Reloaded my backup image and reinstall/repaired the wireless/bluetooth software, finger print software and drivers. It finally worked ok with occasional crashes for the past year. Last week while traveling it began to crash and get the BSOD. I have tried repeating my previous repairs with no luck. I don't know what is causing the system to crash now.

I greatly appreciate any help provided. Log files attached.

A:BSOD when putting the computer to sleep or hibernate

Install the latest updates from Windows Update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361347-bsod-when-putting-computer-sleep-hibernate.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my home built computer. Whenever I put my computer to sleep and wake it up with the power key on my keyboard it shuts down and I have to turn off the power supply and wait 5 seconds before I turn it back on. This is irritating. Why does my computer completely shut down and how do I fix this problem? Thanks for any and all help!

A:Solved: waking computer after putting to sleep.

Usually when putting a computer into sleep mode pressing any key on the keyboard will wake the computer. I would recommend pressing the space bar instead of the power button in order to avoid conflicts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-waking-computer-after-putting-to-sleep.1067085/