Windows Support Forum

i cant change my account name at the C:users section

Q: i cant change my account name at the C:users section

today i need to run task sheduller its runing but i got an error message like that:this not a valid account name(i translete it bad i know)

this notebook is new a week ago i installed vista.when i install vista my account name was nonpasaran but later i changed it from control panel with another one.But now i turn it nonpasaran again but task sh. error didin't fix.I tried change the name C:users/nonpasaran folder but i couldn't rename it.Help me please
i also tried taking ownership of C:users/nonpasaran folder but don't worked

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: i cant change my account name at the C:users section

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: i cant change my account name at the C:users section

Did you do the following?

Open the Control Panel by clicking the "Start" menu and then selecting "Control Panel" in the right column. Search for User Accounts by typing "user accounts" into the search bar at the upper- left corner of the control panel. Select the "Make Changes to Accounts" option under the heading "User Accounts." Select "Change Your Name" and type in the new user name for the account and then press "Change Name." The changes will take effect the next time you log in.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246969-i-cant-change-my-account-name-c-users-section.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello! First post on this fantastic forum which has sorted me out a number of times. However I can't find a solution for this issue , so I hope someone can help me!

Following a rollback to 8.1 after installing the full release of Windows 10 I've been unable to change the account pictures, lock screens or picture passwords for any user. I've tried the following.

Create new userRegistry change and GPE change Unable to change the image on the Lock Screen "'Lock Screen - Microsoft CommunityDeleting account pictures folderTaking ownership of, and deleting C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemDataRunning sfc /scannow, several times after checking component store for corruption

It's driving me a bit nuts now! If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69807-unable-change-account-picture-lock-screen-all-users.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Everyone One of the depts at my work wants to create this quot wiki quot it isn t a wiki and I have told them as such on their public SharePoint server website edit Users a only SharePoint: one section of webpage can The idea is that the page would be split into sections The top section would be a static text only an admin could edit this would be their quot Dept s Official Guideline on X quot The SharePoint: Users can only edit one section of a webpage bottom section would be rich text SharePoint: Users can only edit one section of a webpage that could be edited by a certain group of logged in users but any visitor can see the text No pictures etc This would be quot User Contributed X quot We don t have the resources to custom code a web part to provide the functionality they re looking for The only solution the team and I could come up with is using pageviewer feature but that just looks clumsy I have looked over the internet for a web part like this and I couldn t SharePoint: Users can only edit one section of a webpage find anything Does anyone know of a web part that can do this Thanks in advance for your help

A:SharePoint: Users can only edit one section of a webpage

We figured it out. We put the static text into the header field and gave users "contribute" permissions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440639/sharepoint-users-can-only-edit-one-section-of-a-webpage/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,
I have a Windows 8.1 system on a lap top that was used by a former employee. Her name was still on user name and I couldn't change it without Admin privileges (otherwise was asking for a smart card). Found out how to get in to admin in safe mode with Net
User Admin yes- then discovered that the old log in and information / desk top is no longer available. The docs are under Users (old employee's name) in C drive, but the docs and settings no longer show up and the admin log in is the only one available - no
option to change users.
When I went in and said Net User Admin no - thinking if I disabled admin user it would go back to the old log in -  there was no log in available at all.

Help?
Launa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56c281dc-3368-4418-93ac-3cd96832c513/enabled-net-user-admin-to-change-an-account-name-cant-change-name-and-now-origial-login-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 59.77%

I entered the wrong email address and the system will not let me go any further and it will not let me update my email. Is there a way to reset the entire Cortana set up?

A:I need to change the user name on the set up section.

You should be able to sign in with a different MS account (Notebook\About Me) in addition to clearing what Cortana knows about you (Settings\Change what Cortana knows about me in the cloud). Have you tried either?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445643-i-need-change-user-name-set-up-section.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

We have about 2,000 files consisting of Word and Adobe documents Saved As 'AO blah blah blah.doc' (the character O) when they should have been Saved As 'A0 blah blah blah.doc' (the number zero).

Is there a way to do a mass Find and Replace on part of a file name?

Thanks.

A:Change a Section within many file names?

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.ht...ename&tag=srch

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-a-section-within-many-file-names-272035.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I saw this done on an instructional video of one note but it did not cover that aspect. I can change the default for the page and the page color and all that. I just want the tabs to match

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437527-onenote-2016-how-can-you-change-font-section-tabs-top.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am about to start using Windows 7 Home Premium.

As I understand it, a Standard user can install software if that user can provide a valid Administrator User name and password during the install process, when prompted by Windows 7.

My question is, if you providide a Standard user with Administrator credentials, how can you keep that Standard user from logging into Windows 7 with the Administrator account and messing the system up?

Is there another way to allow Standard users to install software and not know the Administrator user name and password.

Sorry if my question seems stupid, but I have done many searches and not been able to find an answer so far.

A:Keeping Standard Account Users out of the Administrators Account

Don't give them Administrator credentials....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/93577-keeping-standard-account-users-out-administrators-account.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When windows starts up, I have both users on the screen.But, when I go to log out of one to another,I don't have a choice of users. It will only allow me to log off only without having a choice to log into to 2 users? Help.

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a local user account that comes up as the default user when Windows10 boots up that I would like to remove.

I have tried the usual user modification menus but this account does not show up. It is annoying to have to go through this false log in every time I start the computer.

Help?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62651-delete-local-user-account-change-default-account-start-up.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I ve posted my problem in OS and Windows XP section of the site and they have requested I post here too I OS requested section from section advice seek this They said to post a HJT log and report any findings advice from this thread back to them This is my original post Hi I recently sent my laptop away to be fixed as it wasn t turning on of the time and when I got it back they said it had loads of viruses and trojans which was the problem I use AVG which I thought would have prevented this and I OS section requested I seek advice from this section don t know how they OS section requested I seek advice from this section fixed it but they said it was now clean The laptop was used with no problems for about hours altogether before I installed a new external hard drive Well I say new but it OS section requested I seek advice from this section s actually a Seagate Desktop gb that i had previously imstalled but the USB connecter fell off so I had to transfer it into a new case After installing it into the new case it appeared in My Computer and I could access all my files again but the Seagate Device Manager did not recognise it However I soon began getting Blue Screen Errors regularly which directed me to this page after restarting http wer microsoft com responses R f fb f here I have tried all of the steps apart from the final one and nothing has worked I started up the laptop with nothing connected to it and just left it for a few hours and when I returned to it again I got the same message telling me a serious error had occured and to visit the above page I really dont know what else to try to fix this problem My second problem started about days ago - my Internet Explorer keeps freezing I have to close it down through Task Manager and then I send an error report and it takes me to this page http wer microsoft com responses R abb here I have done the first steps and can t do the last one as I dont have a Yahoo toolbar I have used Internet Explorer with no add-ons at all and its Ok but quite slow and when I went to disable my add-ons there was loads It would take me ages to go through each off them eliminating them and sometimes the Internet can work for an hour without freezing Is there a way to delete them all Ive deleted the ones I can but some of them I cant delete Im selling this laptop to my parents in weeks and they don t have a clue about how to fix a computer problem so would like to have it sorted for them as soon as possible Is it fixable or something seriously wrong with it Thanks in advance for any help kates This is my other thread http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -blue-screen-error-internet-crashing html Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oasrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock LockServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-section-requested-i-seek-advice-from-this-section.756687/
Relevancy 53.75%

So this is probably the strangest problem I have ever encountered with Windows About two or three months ago I noticed that my user account had suddenly changed into a guest account I get prompted for an administrator password when trying to do any tasks that require administrator privilege It is not a huge hassle as I know the administrator account password Here a change changed it User can into account, I account how back guest is where it becomes very strange When I turn my computer on it automatically logs me into my user account the guest account When I got into the user accounts section of the control panel and try to manage user accounts it shows exactly zero user accounts on my computer Also when I try to change my user account the guest account to an administrator account precisely nothing happens It User account changed into a guest account, how can I change it back gets evens stranger When I log out of Windows the only user account I can pick from to log back into Windows is the generic quot Administrator quot account My user account is nowhere to be found When I go to the control panel and try to manage accounts only the administrator account is listed There is an option turn on a generic guest account but nothing related to my original user account is shown Again this is in contrast to when I am logged into my user account the User account changed into a guest account, how can I change it back guest account and see exactly zero user accounts listed on the manage accounts screen I feel that I am pretty good at avoiding bad websites and I do have an antivirus program installed not that that will prevent my computer from being infected but I have used it to do full system scans and I have found nothing on my computer every time Additionally I have Windows updates set to be automatically installed so all of the updates have been installed on my version of Windows I tried asking Microsoft support directly all I got was that no user accounts showing up under the manage user accounts tab is a pretty bad sign and that in order to fully diagnose the problem I would need to sign up for the quot Assure Plan quot or whatever it was called which cost for one year Forget that option for now Does anyone know how to resolve this issue How can I switch my original user account from a guest account and then how could I make it an administrator account once I have retrieved it so-to-speak from being a phantom guest account I mean I know the administrator password and all and so I have been able to essentially use my computer as if nothing is wrong But this whole issue seems very very strange and so I want to see what you guys have to say about it I hope these are not the signs of a more serious and potentially major issue Thanks in advance for anyone's help with this

A:User account changed into a guest account, how can I change it back

Hi and welcome to the Forum
When you refer to the generic Administrator Account do you mean the Account that is hidden in Windows 7? If so did you activate it using this:
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable If you did the above then this is strange as forgetting the "Hidden admin account you must have at least one ordinary Admin account in Windows 7. You can't operate the system without one!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335636-user-account-changed-into-guest-account-how-can-i-change-back.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently logged onto my account about days ago to finish a project The music file I used for the account was could not be found and when I went to locate it I was told I didn't have administrator rights I went to Control Panel because I was sure I was an Administrator but sure enough I was set as a Standard User I tried changing it up but it wouldn't change I tried changing the account name also and it wouldn't change I could only change account picture I can't open UAC I click it and it blinks but nothing opens I went online and tried these suggestions I deleted any recent program installations I booted in safe mode however I was still not able to change my account I tried activating the hidden administrator account but I received an quot access denied quot message I tried creating a new account but I received the following message quot The specified account name is not valid because account names contain the to Account!!! an Administrator standard I account change a can't following characters quot lt gt Please type a different name quot I didn't use any of those characters in the account name I ran different virus scans and they came up with nothing I turned the computer off unplugged everything and pressed the power button for seconds and rebooted but still nothing My roommate shares this computer with me and her account is still an administrator However she has traveled and I haven't been able to get hold of her yet We share music files and the file I can't change a standard account to an Administrator Account!!! I was trying to I can't change a standard account to an Administrator Account!!! use is in her account Any ideas why my account was changed and how I can change it back

A:I can't change a standard account to an Administrator Account!!!

You are going have to wait for your roommate...
Anything we could do would be consider hacking and that is against forum rules.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214841-i-cant-change-standard-account-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the
Windows update/free Upgrade.

How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account
is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account
as a second admin on the computer.

Thanks

A:How to change admin account to child account

Hello creativex, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you meant for how to convert your added account to be a "standard user" account instead of an "administrator" type account, then the tutorial below can help show you how to.

Account Type - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29222-how-change-admin-account-child-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

pls i cant change from microsoft account to my user account on the windows 8 preview platform
can somebody help with this solution. Thanks

A:cant change from microsoft account to my user account

What problems are you having when you try to switch from your Micosoft account to a local account?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5820-cant-change-microsoft-account-my-user-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I've been caught at school playing games on my computer .. so they took it from me, they deleted all of the games, and they changed my user account into a standard account! Do they even have the RIGHT to do this? Anyways, I want to change my standard account into an administrator account There's another account on my laptop called "Iconnect". This is an administrator account, and it's password protected. Can I get into this account and change my account to administrator? Please help me as I'm on spring break and I wont go to school for another 2 weeks !

A:How can I change my standard account into an administrator account?

No one can help you here about this problem I'm afraid.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-change-my-standard-account-into-an-administrator-account.897996/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all First post for me -- glad to have change account administrator cannot No account type -- found this site Extremely useful I ve recently noticed that I ve lost No administrator account -- cannot change account type adminstrator account priviledges on both my laptops I ve got Windows Home Premium edition When I am logged in to my original account which was set up as an Administrator account and I go to Change Account Type the quot Standard User quot button is active When I click on the Administrator Account button to change it the Apply button becomes greyed out I have two accounts that were set up as Administrator and both show the same thing Curiously the account icons that show up on the login screen and on the control panel screens still carry the label quot Administrator quot Maybe this is normal for Windows but if so very confusing What I ve tried so far Activated the No administrator account -- cannot change account type built-in Administrator account logged into it tried to elevate the two accounts to Administrator with the same results above becomes greyed out when I click on the Administrator account type button Ran virus spyware scans using SpywareDoctor Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials No serious threats found other than the cookies etc on SpywareDoctor scan Malwarebytes and Security Essential scans were clean Started up in safe mode No administrator account -- cannot change account type -- same result I originally noticed the problem due to the fact that Itunes would not update -- gave me the message that I didn t have administrator proviledges even though I was logged in to and admin acct I was since able to update by downloading the update to my desktop and using right-click -- quot Run as administrator quot So administrator priviledges are still there for that mode Thanks

A:No administrator account -- cannot change account type

At what level is the User Account Control?

(Open the start menu type uac and hit enter.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378286/no-administrator-account-cannot-change-account-type/
Relevancy 52.03%

In order to access my office wi-fi I am tolf I must have a local account--how do I do that?

A:How do I change between Microsoft account and local account?

You would most likely need a Pro version of Windows 8 if they use a Domain.  Then you would need to talk to your IT person, to allow your machine on the company network.  As for your question, you do it from the Profile in the Metro Screen.  This actual question that you posted is in the FAQ on microsoft.com for the Windows 8 page.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520008/how-do-i-change-between-microsoft-account-and-local-account/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition and I would like to use my current account as a Limited user account.

I realise that I will need at least one administrator account on my PC -- so I go into user accounts, create a new administrator account, then I try to change my current account to a limited account, but it will not let me!

See the screenshots;

I would like Admin to be administrator, and Dell07 to be Limited... I do not have the option to change Dell07 to limited for some strange reason.

I have managed to do this on my parents PC easily. I simply created another Administrator account, then changed their account to a limited one. I don't understand why this will not work on Windows XP MCE...

Any idea why this is happening?!

A:Help change my account to a limited user account!

You should log-on to the administrator account thru safe mode and this will allow you to change the account you want to so it will be a low-admin account. You can not change the account you are logged into t anything other than the account it is because it is the active account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-change-my-account-to-a-limited-user-account.664247/
Relevancy 50.74%

i don't have a xp disk it was allready in my computer/ xp pro /anyway i cant get the users account to work any suggestion it says Automation server can't create object when i go to the control panel and click on users account if i click on home i get 'g_Navigator' is null or not an object

A:Users Account

Ok, First of all you may need a disk of Windows XP Pro. The restore information is probably on the hard drive but we hopefully will find this out.

What we need is some system stats like make, model number, processor, Ram etc as much info as you can give us. Not having a system restore disk for XP might be a problem here but we will try to work with out it.

Did XP come installed on the system? If so do you have a manual for your computer? If so read the manual and find the following: How to make system recovery or restore disks. If you can find this follow the instructions and make your disks.

Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? If so this will cause another slight problem but we will work with that after you get the restore or recovery disks made up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50894/users-account/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

In windows 7 Guest and Administrator accounts are system accounts that are disabled by default. We can enable them while we are loged in to windows. But i face a difficulty while working with User profiles and deleted all my users. Now i know built in accounts exists but i can not log on.
How we can get inot system if all users deleted or profile is currepted ?

A:How Users Account Activation

Quote: Originally Posted by N A Malik

Hi,

In windows 7 Guest and Administrator accounts are system accounts that are disabled by default. We can enable them while we are loged in to windows. But i face a difficulty while working with User profiles and deleted all my users. Now i know built in accounts exists but i can not log on.
How we can get inot system if all users deleted or profile is currepted ?

Starting in Safe Mode should allow you to access the Administrator account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81959-how-users-account-activation.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all I got a new notebook today, it had the name of the owner, so i changed the name via control panel user accounts change account name.

The folder on desktop changed to my name, but the directory C:\Users\*** has the name of the former owner.

Did I do something wrong?

A:Account name changed but not the C:\Users\***

See:http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/05/h...-in-windows-xp/http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/01/07/c...anization-name/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292984/account-name-changed-but-not-the-cusers/
Relevancy 50.31%

I updated W8 to W8.1 and in that process the ID was chnaged to that of MS account from the local account. How can I revert back to the local account ID?

A:How to change log-in ID from MS account to local account

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/46548-how-change-log-id-ms-account-local-account.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I used to know how to do this but I have forgotten... I need to have the numbers for Section 1 (title page, TOC, etc) be like i, ii, iii, etc... and then Section 2 (Chapter 1) needs to be page 1. Nothing I've tried is working, and I know this is simple, I've just forgotten how to do it! Thank you for your help!!

A:Solved: Page numbering in Word 2007... different numbering for Section 1 and Section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-page-numbering-in-word-2007-different-numbering-for-section-1-and-section.1064228/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi

i have two accounts in windows 7

when my wife uses her account and turn the volume down listening to the headphones

then if i go to my account the headphones volume is down

why???

A:Sound from other account affects all users

Walt mate if she turns down the volume then there is only one audio device on the machine so it will stay down for everyone.

Bit like me setting the max speed of my car to 50mph and someone else getting in and wanting to go 60mph unless the block is taken off then the car will only go at 50mph.

Do the volume controls remain set after a reboot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/308244-sound-other-account-affects-all-users.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I hope this is not a repeat of some thread already closed. I could not find any title with an appropriate title.

Is the "All Users" account necessary? It seems to have a tremendous information also in my own account, and it takes up a huge amount of disk space. Can I just delete this account and all the files therein? How else can I limit its size or somehow recover the disk space it takes?

Thanks for any help. If this topic has already been covered somewhere, please give me the link.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all,

I am trying to delete a Users Account on my home PC and I keep on getting an error message.

The error reads:

"Could not complete the operation due to error 80070402"

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

A:Error while deleting a users account

Bam Bam Budd said:

Hello all,

I am trying to delete a Users Account on my home PC and I keep on getting an error message.

The error reads:

"Could not complete the operation due to error 80070402"

Please help.

Thanks in advance.Click to expand...

Can someone please help.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-while-deleting-a-users-account.325084/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,
Hope somebody could help me with the problem in my laptop. I bought this new notebook with vista home basic 32 bit system but it's a spanish language. But I succesfully switched it to English. But there's a problem because after switching the language, I can't open the folder and turn on the User account control and i can't even open the display configuration. Also when I right click the MY COMPUTER then Properties, it's not available.

Thanks and i'm waiting for a good solution.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233718-i-cant-turn-users-account-control.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Im really in need of tools or tips or basically how to do the following:
-Restrict access to other user account with a message saying that there account has been disabled without having to delete the account.
-Determine weather they can access the internet or not
-Determine which files that they can access or not

That basically it....PLEASE DO NOT POST THE WINDOWS TOOLS BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED THEM AND THEY DONT SEEM TO WORK!

Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

I was working on a friends computer yesterday and when I tried to get into Users Accounts the screen comes up blank, just white space. Any suggestions as to why that might happen?

He also has a printing problem. In IE and Outlook Express when you click on File - Print nothing happens. The printer is properly installed and set as the default and he can print from Word. I don't know whether or not these two problems are related or not.

Any suggestions?

He is running XP Home and has SP2 installed. He's not sure if these problems started after SP2 arrived or not.

Thanks

theolddog

A:Blank Users Account screen

Try booting in safe mode and logging in as Administrator. You can then see if the user accounts appear or are really gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-users-account-screen.302390/
Relevancy 49.88%

tonight my mother takes over my admin account and is setting parental controls so it sets a time so i can log on, i have made a user account and still want to get my files from my admin folder, but i cant... is there anyway i can go around this..

its just that i cant be bothered moving files over to the user account...the parental controls are temporary till i control myself on how long i am on my computer, because atm i am not listerning to my perants requests and i end up forgetting what they have asked me, which i get in to trouble if i don't do what i am told

any help would be ace!!!

A:trying to get into my admin folder from users account

Hello Harley,

We will not help you bypass your mother's wishes. If you want this resolved, you will need to talk to her to allow you to.

Thread closed.

Warning
If you post anymore posts trying to circumvent your mother's Parental Control settings here, you will be permanently banned.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/252271-trying-get-into-my-admin-folder-users-account.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Bought a Windows 8 Dell Laptop.  Downgraded it to Windows 7.  Then upgraded it to Windows 10.  My previous users were brought over.

Next did a clean Windows 10 install.

Created the first user as ROOT, and by default appears to be an administrator.  All good.

Now wish to add normal users (myself and individual family members).  Seems like I can add a family member and "other user".  When doing so, they ask for an email so I put one in.  But then when I try to log in, they ask for a Microsoft account.

How do I add users without them having a Microsoft account?

Thanks

A:Adding users without a Microsoft account

Hi NotionCommotion Open the start menu and enter Account. From there, select Add, edit or remove other users. In the left pane, select Family & other users, then click on the Add someone else to this PC button. At the bottom, click on The person I want to add doesn't have an email address and then on Add a user without a Microsoft account on the next page. There you'll be given the option to create a local user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585782/adding-users-without-a-microsoft-account/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All,

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I have used the guide on how to enable and hide the in-built admin account and was successful however I found that after making the account I used to set up Windows 7 from admin to standard user and then disabling the in-built admin account the UAC setting would not correctly work, as it wanted admin privileges but it was not giving me the option to enter the admin password. The ok button would be greyed out.

Has anyone come across this before and if so what is the solution.

A:Admin and Standard Account Users

Never happened to me before, however, did you try going into safemode and sorting it out from there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303016-admin-standard-account-users.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys first time for me here I'm used to solve this kind of problems by myself but I'm stuck in a real security treath with Win and I really hope someone can help me Yesterday night I noticed an unknown named account in the users list on my computer gusuhiew I immediately searched that name on the Windows logs and I found that was created at p m As I couldnt find anything useful I decided to delete the account and check my firewall settings original ESET Smart Security license This morning while Unknown name list account users in I was having breakfast and my computer was already turned on and my account logged in I found the gusuhiew account again upon the logon screen What can I do I can't find anything about that account name and I'm really concerned about my security settings on my computer Any help is appreciated to solve this security issue and eventually to do the best as we can to track the cracker down EDIT In addition if it can be useful the action center notify my that ESET Smart Security requires my attention but if I check there's nothing going wrong Need help please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586436/unknown-account-name-in-users-list/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I was a Windows user and yesterday I installed Win Pro which I purchased almost a month ago just didn't have the time to install it was better that I didn't have any time and since then I can't figure out lot of things one of which is really disgusting See that my mom and I use the same laptop she uses it on morning and I at night And thus I created two user accounts for example mine is A and me two [Win Pro] 8.1 with setup help users account Kindly my mom's is B Now when I turn on the lappy it goes straight into my account without even asking to which I want login Where on Windows after the welcome screen always there was an option of two accounts but story Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro] has changed So what should I do to get it back like it was on Seven I Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro] just want each time I reboot the machine there must be an option of both accounts and I will choose where I wanna login PS Both accounts of my mom and mine are set as admin Kindly help asap she is an amateur and she gets confused when the lappy goes straight into my account Thanks

A:Kindly help me with two users account setup [Win 8.1 Pro]

Try this mate: Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8
Show all users is the one you'd want. Also, passwords often help solve the issue as well, and are recommended, especially for people with admin rights, because malware may be able to install without your consent, and passwords put a wall up against this.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/39616-kindly-help-me-two-users-account-setup-win-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, a family member created an account which I have deleted from Control Panel>Users Account...But when I went to Computer>(C>Users and right clicked delete on the File name, the following happened:

Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin? > Clicked Yes.
You need to confirm this Operation. > Clicked Continue.
Windows need permission..> Allowed.

Got the following:
You need permission to perform this action > Clicked Try again...Same box pops up.

I've went to security of the file, changed to full authority, and even tried the Run, takeown/icacl (I received success message for both, but still wasn't able to delete the file).

Any help please?!?!

Thanks,

Relevancy 49.88%

Is it possible to set up outlook express account of office mail for all users of a PC in one go so that there is no need to set it up for all users separately.

A:set up same outllook express account for all users

Source : Outlook Express: Move your email to Outlook.com
Applies to Windows 10
Microsoft doesn't make or support Outlook Express anymore. But the Mail Migration add-on can help you move your email and contacts over to Outlook.com.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/52653-set-up-same-outllook-express-account-all-users.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

a works laptop has gone screwey (it mainly affects the user account) and i need to get the pop3 mail settings etc off that account.
It lets me log in as admin only, albeit very slow and haphazard. It hangs when trying to log in as the user.
Whilst logged in as admin is there any way i can access the users email and export to a .pst so i can then re-import it onto a working laptop? If i log in to the user in safe mode, then try opening outlook it comes up with an error, asking me to restart the program or reinstall.
Using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro SP2 laptop.
Thanks for any help offered

A:Exporting users .pst from Admin account

Just browse to the relevant folder in the user's Documents and Settings..

If it denies access, take ownership of the folder and subfolders.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exporting-users-pst-from-admin-account.94661/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there nbsp I just wanted a bit of advice on setting up my laptop that I have had to have a new hard drive put into nbsp It is now completely back to basics and I found that when I sent it for repair I was a little worried about having to give out my windows password because they would be able to access all my files with my log in details nbsp Therefore with my now refurbished laptop I wanted to find out if there was a way I could create an administrator so I could give these details to whoever needs to fix it should it need it in future without them being able to access administrator up on Advice and account to set users how all my documents saved to one drive nbsp nbsp My question is if I set up an administrator and me either as a user Advice on how to set up administrator and users account with microsoft account or as another administrator would a technician still be able to get access to my one drive files or other person information I'm not bothered about photos but mainly just financial docutments or perhaps programs that i have for work nbsp Or what is the best way about doing this so I do not have to give out my microsoft account details nbsp nbsp Many thanks nbsp nbsp Amy nbsp

A:Advice on how to set up administrator and users account

Hi, How to Enable Full-Disk Encryption on Windows 10Windows 10 sometimes uses encryption by default, and sometimes it doesn?t ? it?s complicated. Here?s how to check if your Windows 10 PC?s storage is encrypted and how to encrypt it if it isn?t. Encryption isn?t just about stopping the NSA ? it?s about protecting your sensitive data in case you ever lose your PC.Unlike all other modern consumer operating systems ? Mac OS X, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android, ?Windows 10 still doesn?t offer integrated encryption tools to everyone. You may have to pay for the Professional edition of Windows 10 or use a third-party encryption solution.Device Encryption Windows 8.1 Will Start Encrypting Hard Drives By Default: Everything You Need to Know Many new PCs that ship with Windows 10 will automatically have ?Device Encryption? enabled. This feature was first introduced in Windows 8.1, and there are specific hardware requirements for this.There?s another limitation, too ? it only actually encrypts your drive if you sign into Windows with a Microsoft account. Your recovery key is then uploaded to MIcrosoft?s servers. This will help you recover your files if you ever can?t log into your PC. (This is also why the FBI likely isn?t too worried about this feature, but we?re just recommending encryption as a means to protect your data from laptop thieves here. If you?re worried about the NSA, you may want to use a different encryption solution.)To check if Device Encryption is enabled, open the Settings app, navigate to System > About, and look for a ?Device encryption? setting at the bottom of the About pane. If you don?t see anything about Device Encryption here, your PC doesn?t support Device Encryption and it?s not enabled.  BitLocker Should You Upgrade to the Professional Edition of Windows 10? If Device Encryption isn?t enabled ? or if you want a more powerful encryption solution that can also encrypt removable USB drives, for example ? you?ll want to use BitLocker. Microsoft?s BitLocker encryption tool has been part of Windows for several versions now, and it?s generally well regarded. However, Microsoft still restricts BitLocker to Professional editions of Windows 10.If you already have a Professional edition of Windows 10 installed on your PC, you can search for ?BitLocker? in the Start menu and use the BitLocker control panel to enable it. If you upgraded for free from Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8.1 Professional, you should have Windows 10 Professional.If you don?t have a Professional edition of Windows 10, you can pay $99 to upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional. Just open the Settings app, navigate to Update & security > Activation, and click the ?Go to Store? button. You?ll gain access to BitLocker and the other features that Windows 10 Professional includes.  TrueCrypt and Its Derivatives 3 Alternatives to the Now-Defunct TrueCrypt for Your Encryption Needs Spending another $99 just to encrypt your hard drive for some additional security can be a tough sell when modern Windows PCs often only cost a few hundred bucks in the first place. You don?t have to pay the extra money for encryption because BitLocker isn?t the only option. BitLocker is the most integrated, well-supported option ? but there are other encryption tools you can use.TrueCrypt ? an open-source full-disk encryption tool ? still works with Windows 10 and is still an option. There are also other full-disk encryption tools based on TrueCrypt. These are free, open-source encryption tools you can install on Windows 10 Home or previous versions of Windows to encrypt your hard drive if you don?t have access to BitLocker. Unfortunately, TrueCrypt might require some fiddling if you have a modern PC. But, if you have a Windows 7-era PC... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Advice-on-how-to-set-up-administrator-and-users-account/td-p/5755521
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone on the forums, I'm new here. Hope you're all doing well.

When we install Windows 8 or later, Microsoft asks us to name the PC and pick a username, which later goes to "C:\Users\<username>" to store your profile specific data. Now suppose that I named my PC: Desktop and my user: Admin. Now the PC names are obviously stored by Microsoft and later used in Store App. But (1) are the users (like Admin) also tracked by Microsoft? (2) Where can I add/remove these PCs (like Desktop)? (NOT trusted PCs, just the PCs I entered my Microsoft email in while installing Windows 8) (3) Can I add/remove users (like Admin) online?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/72691-how-manage-users-online-ms-account.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So it's all about this new computer...

My brother asked me to creat an account for him (limited rights), to use the computer as well... so I've did. But now, he's saying that he can't access one specific game, that is installed on a computer - Mount&Blade 1.011. Also, he's experiencing problems with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 (or actually DVD+/-RW drive), that I've given access to him as well.

Maybe there's some outside-software for that... danno.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thx,
rhino1366

P.S. It's my first time taking care of an additional user account, and allowing / disallowing permissions...
P.P.S. Also, this pop-up glitch remains. I might try my luck, when new Windows updates 'll be ready, if no-one has a solution for me.

A:Additional users' account management

Was Mount&Blade 1.011 installed for all users or just the admin account? That may be the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278865/additional-users-account-management/
Relevancy 49.45%

As requested Logfile of Can't users change HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Can't change users system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System ACS exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Management CeEPwrSvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system ScsiAccess EXE c TOSHIBA Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Can't change users Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Can't change users EzButton EzButton EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Ascentive Performance Center APCMain exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Components QBAgent QBDAgent exe C PROGRA Webshots webshots scr C WINDOWS system mrtMngr EXE C Program Files Ascentive Spyware Striker SpywareStriker exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run EzButton C Program Files EzButton EzButton EXE O - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe ... Read more

A:Can't change users

Can anybody take a look at hijack log and tell me what the problem is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-users.433140/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys, I got the problem with user log on and off.I am using Windows XP Professional, and it always ask for user name and password at log on....though i have not set any password.I tried to change it from control panel>User accounts....but it didn't workHere is the screen shot of my user log on and off settings: Any Help would be appreciated!!!

A:Cannot Change The Way Users Log On Or Off

link is no goodand let me make sure I know what you want.you have 1 user definedno passwordyou require auto loginhttp://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htmthe tweakui method would probably work best

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80918/cannot-change-the-way-users-log-on-or-off/
Relevancy 49.45%

My friend has a laptop running Vista Business. He recently joined a domain and now instead of clicking an Icon he has to type in Domainname\user name and then his password. Is there anyway in Vista to either create icons (one for logging into his domain and one for logging into home) or maybe a drop down box like XP had where you can select the domain or local computer? Let me know as I don't know much about Vista yet but just installed on a Virtual PC to test some things out. Thanks alot guys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-way-users-log-in-and-out-185224.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm brand new to 7 and I was wondering if there is a way to change the C:\users\oem to say C:\users\myname... I don't want to move I my files, I just want to rename this.
Thanks!

A:How to change C:\users\oem

Change the name of your computer to 'your' name User Account Name - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/109676-how-change-c-users-oem.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys, I set up my computer using my live account and it had my old name "BinLuen" when I made this live account a while ago. I want to change it (already changed it in my live account), but obviously I don't think it would reflect the change after win 8 has already been set up. Is there any way I could change it?

Thanks!

A:How to change my C:\Users\... name?

Hello jh, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The best way to do this would be to switch your current account to a local account, add a new local user account with the name you want, change the new account type to be an administrator, sign out of the old account, sign in to the new account, switch the new account to be a Microsoft account, copy any shortcuts or files (music, documents, etc...) from the old account into your new account, then delete the old account when ready.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/15555-how-change-my-c-users-name.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Vistax64, my name is Lee. My laptop is a Sony VAIO VGN-N365E running Windows Vista Premium. When I first got it I had went by a different name then, so when I did the startup and chose my user account name I used "Songocide". Now I go by intist. Well I was wondering if there is any possible way of changing this name to something else.

Here is a pic to help show what I'm talking about:
So I would want to change it like this:
C:\Users\Songocide
to:
C:\Users\intist

Is there anyway I could go about doing this?
Thank you,
Lee

A:Change C:\Users\*****

Hi Lee,

Yes, but it is a little involved. The only way to change the username at the C:\Users\(username) location is to either create a new account and delete the old one, or reinstall Vista.

1. Create new Administrator account.
User Account - Create

2. Delete the old account account from within the new one.
A) Select Keep Files to save the contents of the old account's personal username folders to a folder on the desktop of the new account.
B) Transfer those files into your new user account personal username folders.

User Account - Delete

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/126449-change-c-users.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all
I currently have 2 users on my home computer, me and my partner. We had the guy in the shop set up the accounts when we had the pc built, but we now find it a pain when we have to keep swapping over, so can anyone direct me in the correct way of closing down my partners account, or username, and just having the one username but with all the saved data from my partners account still there.

Also, when my partner signs on to her account, we get MSN messenger automatically loading, and she doesnt use |MSN, so how do i stop this too?

If i disable, or remove the programe MSN, it wont disrupt any other things will it?
I personally dont use MSN..........but not sure if AOL uses it?

help again please.

A:change users on XP

Ok, let me address your problems one by one.

First the Accounts Problem: You want to delete the other user's account, right? That will be easy as long as you have Administrator Privileges. If you do then, this won't be a problem and the following articles will help you in doing so:

User Accounts overview
How to create and configure user accounts in Windows XP

Now, I would like to warn you about some things. Whenever you delete an user's account, all his settings and files will be lost. So make sure you have everything backed up before you mess things up.

Your second problem probably needs some more explanation. You said that when he logged into his account, MSN would automatically start up. Does this happen in your account too or just in his account? If it happens in his account, then deleting the account will simply get rid of the problem too. But if it occurs in both the accounts, then it is a common setting in MSN that you must find and change. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-users-on-xp.623384/
Relevancy 49.45%

Does anyone out there know how to change the computer owners name. I'm not asking about the users name, but I need the one you type in when you first format the hard drive and XP prompts you for the owners name.
I use Windows XP Home, SP-2.
Thank you
Floyd

A:Change Users Name

Changing the name requires an edit of the registry.Ensure you understand what you are doing as serious damage could occur otherwise.Also ensure you backup and save a copy of the registry first in case you would have to restore it.Check out this link on how to change the name > http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/1613

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21415/change-users-name/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is possible to prevent regular Users account From Ejecting usb?

Regard.

A:Is possible to prevent regular Users account From Ejecting usb?

What does "ejecting usb" mean?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301134-possible-prevent-regular-users-account-ejecting-usb.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm new to windows 8, There are two accounts on our laptop. My mother is set as the administrator. I am trying to figure out why when I download something it shows up on to her desktop. Also, I have opened my browser and her google settings and bookmarks have come up when she has not logged in to her google account from my user account. I just downloaded aim as well and when she logged in to her user account my buddy list window with my saved information pops up as her account loads. Another thing is I was trying to upload a user photo (in my user account) and her pictures showed up in my account and I couldn't access mine. Does anyone know why our accounts are meshing? I cannot find anything about it online, and I don't know how to fix this! PLEASE HELP!!

A:Folders and downloads showing up on other users account???

I am trying to figure out why when I download something it shows up on to her desktop

It's probably best not to save anything to the Desktop but to the Downloads Folder under your login name in C:\Users then point all your downloads to that Folder or move them to that Folder after completing the download. Oops, you are logging in to your own account/name or logging her off then you on? Using Switch User may not always help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54405-folders-downloads-showing-up-other-users-account.html
Relevancy 49.02%

We in VPN remote log account not can accross Exchange users have a VPN from Springfield to Exchange remote users account can not log in accross VPN Ft Lauderdale that is used to connect two DC and an exchange server in one domain The primary Domain Controller is in Ft Lauderdale with the exchange server the other domain controller is in Springfield the VPN is to watch gaurd firewalls Once a week at least the remote office will Exchange remote users account can not log in accross VPN lose its connection to the exchange server we can still tellnet port and ping I checked the knowledge base here and noticed something about the MTU so I changed the MTU settings in the registry with MaxMTU It work for one user after reboot email came up it was taken care of everyone else could not get on The next thing I did was just to reboot the server everyone came back up my boss is convienced it is the exchange server causing this even though nobody at the ft lauderdale location is having this problem Any Ideas I will post again to give points due to the fact this is a multiple question question MDFL domain Watchgaurd x --VPN-------------------wathgaurd Soho x Site Ft Laud ------------------------------Site Spring Primary Domain Control ---------------------Secondary domain controller DNS ----------------------------------- DNS DHCP------------------------------------- DHCP ------------------------------ exchange can ping exchange from Spring can telnet or successfully all remote pc have host files for exchange and PDC can open exchange using from the run text box changed MTU to on all computer worked on but still had others that could not connect rebooted exchange server worked all PC connected had problems with LAG any ideas appreceated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-remote-users-account-can-not-log-in-accross-vpn.373042/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I just want to delete my User account "David". When I initially installed Windows I provided the name David so I was the main and only User account.

Now is it possible to delete that account, leaving me back at a user account screen to create a new main and only account?

Note: I do not wan't to just create a new Admin account (like you can in control panel) as I tried that (and then deleted the "David" account) but it left behind Users/David and the machine was still called David-PC. I want the new account to have No access to my old account.

Windows 7 Professional 32bit
Thanks for reading!

A:Advice about Admin users and if I can delete account or not?

Well 1st you need to Add your new account then after that you need to delete inc all content of the account then goto "My Computer" and change name in the Advanced propertys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221753-advice-about-admin-users-if-i-can-delete-account-not.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there,

I have today installed Blueyonder's PCGuard and all was working fine.
Then I realised I could block specific websites for certain users etc,

There are 2 administrator accounts on the computer, PCGuard works fine on both. EDIT: No it doesn't.. It only works on the account I installed it on. And when I try and install it on another account it just goes to the "unisntall" menu.

But on the 3 limited accounts, it crashes on startup. I have disabled Windows built in firewall and uninstalled all over Anti-Virus software that runs on startup etc....

I have no idea why it crashes...

Can anyone help out?

Thanks
Amnesia

A:PCGuard Crashes on Users with a Limited Account

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...ecuritypcguard

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk:80/bluey...roubleshooting

Quote:

If you are logged into your Windows XP computer as an administrator, and you configure blueyonder PCguard Parental Control, these settings will not be reflected in other User Accounts. You must be logged into each Windows User Account then configure PCguard Parental Control for these settings to be in effect.

It sounds like a configuration issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pcguard-crashes-on-users-with-a-limited-account-84598.html
Relevancy 49.02%

im trying to place bans on limited account users on windows XP so far i have been using the running the gpedit.msc which i then go to user config admin templates the to desk top right now im trying to focus on how to make it so limited accounts cannot change their background on the desktop

but everything i try i seems not to be working as i hoped

A:Trying to compile bans for limited account users

Seriously, you need to search the web before you post. Anyhow, you can prevent changes through Group Policy under User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel -> Display -> Prevent changing wallpaper. As well as applying the following patch: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327998

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-compile-bans-for-limited-account-users.731665/
Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to allow the "Guest" users to use my Dial up connection. When I log in as the Guest, I can't access any Internet connection. I heard I could fix this problem by changing the rights assigned to the Guest user account.
Can anyone be more explicit about that? How could I give the privileges related to using the dial-up internet connections to the Guest user group?
Thx.

Relevancy 49.02%

Wow this same 2 the users PC? share Can a account Windows on Mail is the third time I've posted this question viewers and not a single response I'll try to reword it If what I'm asking is unclear can one of you gurus say what extra info you need I have Vista Home premium I'm using Windows Mail as POP and SMTP client I recently had to set up a second user account for work purposes Can 2 users share a Windows Mail account on the same PC? This was so I could access various services on a secure network What I'm wanting to know is HOW can I set this second user up so that it uses the same Windows Mail account So far I have it set up with all the same login details etc However I can't seem to get the same folders to appear I thought it was a sharing problem but have selected the right folder and shared the relevant directory I'm stumped At the Can 2 users share a Windows Mail account on the same PC? moment any email I receive in one user account remains innaccessible to me from my other user account To restate this I have a home user and a work user set up in Vista home premium I want to use Can 2 users share a Windows Mail account on the same PC? the same Windows Mail account in both ie sharing the same folders and the same Inbox etc Is this possible and if so how

A:Can 2 users share a Windows Mail account on the same PC?

Im not too sure if there is a synchronising option in windows mail, might have to bite the bullet and forkout for outlook

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/261299-can-2-users-share-windows-mail-account-same-pc.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

Hope someone can help.
I have always just turned on my computer and it would not ask for any log in. For some reason it now turns on and logs in as Administrator (Computer Administrator). I how found in the Control Panel there is User Accounts. I click there and it shows Administrator (Computer Adminstrator), Compaq_Administrator and also Guest which of off.
I would like to know how to change the start up to log in directley to the Compaq_Adminstrator. I did not have to do any switching between the 2 before and would like to find out how to bypass all of that.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Microsoft Windons XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all I have recently installed Windows on my development machine at work primarily in order to test it and get a feel for it and all the little things that can go wrong before the IT department I work for roll it out to all the other employees at the company They're still on XP SP Unfortunately I'm experiencing several crippling issues caused by admin super and the Domain users account the stricter administration Domain users and the super admin account model used in Windows and Vista for that matter compared to Windows XP We have programs crashing or refusing to install or run because they were designed for XP and require admin rights So when they're unable to acquire them from Windows the programs throw exceptions An example of this is Trend Micro OfficeScan a popular antivirus program used in many companies This program is caused to install by start-up scripts that are run when you log on to your computer using your domain username and credentials but the installer crashes because the domain user is not a local super admin And that's the core of this question I want my domain user to have full administrative privileges I've done a lot of research on this particular problem and I realize it's possible to activate a special super admin-account that has full access to everything on the computer but that workaround doesn't cut it for me because the only thing that accomplishes is to make the super admin account available for login but the super admin account is not a domain user at my company's network it is a local user It doesn't have access to the company's network resources and therefore it is useless to me What I want is for my domain user and credentials to have super admin privileges Is that possible in Windows I am essentially looking for a way to elevate any user of a system to have the same privileges as the super admin account I realize this is a potential security risk because everybody and everything has access to installing everything on the system but frankly the amount of software that Windows 's security model causes to malfunction due to too strict security features is too high a price to pay In many cases it corresponds to pulling the network cable out of the wall Sure you won't get attacked by malware but you won't get any work done either Any and all help appreciated

A:Domain users and the super admin account

Due to the Dual token design of the security model in use you will have issues with applications designed for the older model.

The solution to this need not be an all or nothing one however, It should be possible to give the required installer rights to the user group(s) concerned, directly.

This may be done universally to the complete program files folder(s) or more usefully to individual folders for the older problem apps.

I have seen situations where a non working older program can be made to work/Install by the granting a standard user full access rights to a single settings file or to the installation folder.

Depending on what you desire as a company you can make some groups allowed to install some software or not just by the application of the correct rights, In a domain environment this is of course a lot easier than a peer to peer set up.

Unfortunately due to the developers taking the easy way out with regards to administrative rights with XP there will be some re-thinking required by those tasked with moving to a more secure modern OS. This is quite possible though there will be a learning curve.

The main issue with application installation is not the need for a "super" admin but the "trusted user" used by UAC to protect the Program store. by taking ownership of the role of this "User" most if not all issues may be resolved.

Full information on the Trusted Installer scenario is available from Microsoft on technet - or of course by many independents

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/24035-domain-users-super-admin-account.html
Relevancy 49.02%

We are using Word SP running on on WinXP version SP to briefly illustrate our problem Say I have four Word files called B C D and E Each file is three-to-five pages long and each file ends with a Next page section break created by dropping down the Insert menu and selecting Break gt Next page Remember that - each of the four files ends with a Section Break Next Page I create Section (Next into Break Break Page) (Continue) Section turns a fifth file called A which is a composite of files B through E inserted as links because I want to be able to update files B through E and then pull those changes into file A My new and blank file A is open and I drop down the Insert menu select File and navigate to the file called B I press the Insert button at the lower-right of the Insert File Section Break (Next Page) turns into Section Break (Continue) window and select Insert as Link I repeat this process for files C D and E Section Break (Next Page) turns into Section Break (Continue) so that when I finish file A is made up of files B through E each inserted as link When I review file A and scroll from top to bottom I notice that file D s text does not begin at the top of the page following the end of file C s text as you would expect with a Section Break Next Page inserted at the end of file C but rather the Section Break Next Page has somehow turned into a Section Break Continue during the linking process to file A and so file D s text begins on the same page and a line or two below the end of file C s text This is bad Can someone tell me how I can prevent my Section Break Next Page from Section Break (Next Page) turns into Section Break (Continue) magically and quite erroneously turning into a Section Break Continue You can make the TechPubs team at my office immensely happy with an explanation and especially with a slick solution Thank you for your valuable time Curtis nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I am not sure where to post this on the forum so this seemed like the right place as it is a software question in a use ALL Change app for installed Users by way I am running Windows x Home Premium When installing Change installed app for use by ALL Users a program I am often asked Change installed app for use by ALL Users if I want to install it for my own use or for quot all users quot on the PC I would like to know if there is a way to change that after the fact so that if I did install a program quot just for Change installed app for use by ALL Users me quot I can change it so that any user account can use the program on the same PC To shorten a long story Windows Explorer is opening windows when I click on a folder to view instead of just one window I read online this can be caused by a corrupt user profile So I started creating a new profile and setting it up Some programs run from the new profile act as quot a first-run quot scenario and I have to do some minor setup But I have one program so far which is demanding registration again The icon carried over into the new profile won't run the program It says to run the Setup msi file for it Trying that it says the program is already installed So I then tried directly executing the program's installed exe file and it wants me to register online I tried and it says the program is already registered and to go to their website to quot register quot which I am sure means quot to buy another copy of the license quot It is possible I may have installed this program on my original profile as quot just for me quot I would like to know if I can now change that somehow without having to un-register un-install and re-install and re-register the program under the new profile Second question about this forum When I created my login I entered a lot of information about the PC expecting it would automatically show up in each of my posts But it doesn't Is there a way to make that happen

A:Change installed app for use by ALL Users

Quote: Originally Posted by Zoandar

I am not sure where to post this on the forum, so this seemed like the right place, as it is a software question in a way.

I am running Windows7 x64 Home Premium.

When installing a program, I am often asked if I want to install it for my own use, or for "all users" on the PC. I would like to know if there is a way to change that after the fact, so that if I did install a program "just for me" I can change it so that any user account can use the program on the same PC.

To shorten a long story, Windows Explorer is opening 2 windows when I click on a folder to view, instead of just one window. I read online this can be caused by a corrupt user profile. So I started creating a new profile and setting it up. Some programs run from the new profile act as "a first-run" scenario and I have to do some minor setup. But I have one program so far which is demanding registration again. The icon carried over into the new profile won't run the program. It says to run the Setup.msi file for it. Trying that, it says the program is already installed. So I then tried directly executing the program's installed exe file, and it wants me to register online. I tried, and it says the program is already registered, and to go to their website to "register" which I am sure means "to buy another copy of the license". It is possible I may have installed this program on my original profile as "just for me". I would like to know if I can now change that somehow without having to un-register, un-install, and re-install, and re-register the program under the new profile.

Second question about this forum. When I created my login I entered a lot of information about the PC, expecting it would automatically show up in each of my posts. But it doesn't. Is there a way to make that happen?

Second question first

It does check the snip and lower left corner of your post
Welcome to sevenforums Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/122248-change-installed-app-use-all-users.html
Relevancy 48.59%

we are 2 to a laptop ( XP H+ 1GB, etc)

suddenly cannot log off from one user to the other - takes ages and goes black.

turning off idem - will take ages, goes black and have now to press the button to turn it off completely...

any ideas?

ran a hjk through you guys the other day and all seemed fine.

can you help, thanks as always

dd

A:pc wont log off nor change users

desireepp said:

we are 2 to a laptop ( XP H+ 1GB, etc)

suddenly cannot log off from one user to the other - takes ages and goes black.

turning off idem - will take ages, goes black and have now to press the button to turn it off completely...

any ideas?

ran a hjk through you guys the other day and all seemed fine.

can you help, thanks as always

ddClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-log-off-nor-change-users.502769/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi
Maby somebody can solve this problem:
7 users in one pc
I logof from one user, and when i logon the
other, screen comes to be dark
Nothig helps except restart button.
It happends not every logof / lofon and
not on permanent user
many thankes for your help
Amir

A:users change problem

See if anything in this tutorial will get you going again. It's similar but not ter same as your problem but it might do it.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208745-users-change-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This will probably be considered a dumb q. but I failed in making the change so i need some help.
My Dad gave his old notebook to my brother and bro dear cant change the user name ! He goes into Start/CP/UA, and theres only 1 which says owner and another which says guest and that a/c is turned off. But the My Documents and all the XP and other s/w registration are in my dad's name..so how does my bro change all of that to his ?

Thanks in advance ! Swati

Relevancy 48.59%

While setting up my notebook, I spelled my user name incorrectly. I've changed the user name but can't rename C:\users\(user name). Can someone help me correct this silly mistake?

Thank you for your help in advance.

A:Change Users\folder name

The easiest thing to do would be to just create a new user account and delete the one with the error, after you've logged in with the new account, choosing to save the files from it and just drop them into the new account. Changing the name is probably possible in safe mode, but I seriously doubt you'll ever have a stable account as long as you continue to use it after that. There are too many little registry entries and accompanying data that follows a user account. This is the reason the system will not allow you to rename the folder it's ALWAYS, in use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/150807-change-users-folder-name.html
Relevancy 48.59%

It prompted me to change previously and when I did, I lost all my old settings... >_>

A:How do I change users on Firefox?

Bah, nevermind, I found out how to do it... and then accidently completely deleted my old user info. -_-

So I guess I have to rebuild it in a new one.

And on that note... does anyone know where I can get the Internet Explorer theme for Firefox?

>_>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-do-i-change-users-on-firefox-24116.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Somehow when I reinstalled Windows 10 it created

C:\Users\steph\......

instead of

C:\Users\Stephanie\......

Is there any way to fix this without having to re-reinstall Windows 10?

Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62408-can-i-change-fix-c-users-directory.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm trying to change my username, but not just through account settings.

I need to change the C:\Users\USERNAME folder name so that certain programs can install or save to a folder in that directory.

I'm currently using some special characters to make it look cool, but that's a problem now since programs can't read the characters in the username.

By special characters I mean holding down alt+ a combination of numbers. Example: ░Ω?╙╥╙╘╒╓╫

Most programs do not read that, and I constantly have to move the .exe files to public folder to install anything.

Also I can't save files as easy, most programs don't read the special characters in the directory name so they skip over them and give an error that it can't be found...

A:Change C:\Users Username

Create a new useraccount with the right username AND administrator rights. Move al your stuff over there and close out the other account.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8

That's the only option I know to change the name under C:\Users.

Good luck with it!

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/18611-change-c-users-username.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Using Windows XP. I am trying to "Change the way users log on or off." When I click on this option, I receive the error message *A recently installed program has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall the program. The following file name might help you identify the program that made the change: GTGina.dll

A:Change the way users log on or off problem

Check here:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/448464-how-do-i-get-rid.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-the-way-users-log-on-or-off-problem.1119025/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I've got a problem I've been tasked with creating a lightweight build of Windows to run in kiosk mode here at work I've got kiosk mode running well where the only app the user has access to is Internet Explorer using a custom shell However now I'm going through and trying to lock everything down to Preventing Users Admin Account New Creating AppLocker From prevent the user from downloading and installing stuff accessing C etc I've enabled applocker and auto-generated all the rules I did this for Executables Windows Installer Files as AppLocker Preventing Admin Account From Creating New Users well as Pre-Packaged Apps however I'm running into a problem Even though I have all the rules for the pre-packaged apps set to quot allow quot for the administrators group it still won't allow me to create new users any more when using the built-in Administrator account When I go to 'Settings - gt Users - gt Create New User quot the mouse wheel spins for a little bit and a window opens and closes instantly but that's all I ended up going into System Lusrmgr and creating a new admin account that way but even after adding this new account to the admin group and signing out in rebooting etc this new admin account can't access any of the pre-packaged apps like the default Administrator account can If I am understanding AppLocker and the rules for the pre-packaged apps correctly since I have all the rules set to quot allow quot for the quot builtin-administrators quot group shouldn't my new admin account have full privileges Also why can't the default administrator account create new users from quot Settings - gt Users quot Something doesn't seem to be working right to me or I'm doing something wrong very possible Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50707-applocker-preventing-admin-account-creating-new-users.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Big problem easily solved you may be thinking but All I have to work on is a normal users account with NO priviledges I cannot logon via ctrl-alt del del route as administrator as I get unable to logon becuase of an account restriction I cannot logon as administrator in safe mode I get an error which flashes too quickly to be seen I ve tried to press Pause key but no use All I can see is x This is the same for all safe modes I cannot edit any registry settings Values cannot be changed I Forgotten account users xp admin home password win cannot use control userpasswords as I am not an administrator I ve tried using XP home install CD to repair but cannot get the laptop to boot from CD ROM despite changing BIOS settings I ve also tried a few password recovery tools but again cannot boot from CD This is driving me mad and I refuse to be beaten Can anone suggest any other route I may have missed or advise how to get the laptop to boot from CD so I can at least attempt to use the recover option on the boot cd nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I looked at my folder properties, the security tab on win8 "C:\Users\mike"
I see securities permissions for "Account Unknown S-1-15-21-etc..-1002" (i'm 1001)

Searched the registry, nothing found. Anyone have Idea what this might be ? Thanks !!!

I'm not overly concerned, slightly maybe,,, mostly curious.. might delete it and see what happens after next system image.

A:my users account unknown security, special permissions

I would suggest deleting it.
There is no such user in the valid users selection box.
Running a virus scan would be good.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/20186-my-users-account-unknown-security-special-permissions.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello

I want another administrator account or any other account to NOT have log-off permissions to an administrator account. Forcefully.

I do not want to block task manager or anything else, it's specifically log-off permissions, usually done through task manager. The Administrator account in question is also hosting RDP so I also want to block anyone logging-off of that session as well if it's done separately.

Doesn't matter whatever inherited privilegies other accounts have, ONLY the owner of the account should be able to log-off IT SELF, nobody else!

I have searched and found nothing on web, looked in gpedit a bit but doesn't seem helpful.

A:Deny/Block Log Off Access to other users for a specific account

Group Policies may do this for you. Check this post, if you haven't already seen it. See "OPTION TWO"

NOTE: Group Policy Editor is only available in Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions. Your version is not shown on your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279626-deny-block-log-off-access-other-users-specific-account.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Can't access My Computer Manager/Local users and groups, in XP, to add an administrative account. Pleae help.  I want add an administrative account, and delete another.

A:Can't add administrative account via Manage/local users and groups

Please provide some pertinent details about your effort..."can't access" doesn't explain very much about what you did...and why.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514547/cant-add-administrative-account-via-managelocal-users-and-groups/
Relevancy 48.59%

After add a regular account to an administrator localgroup to access to some Local users folder in c:\users\UserName folder and then I deleted this regular user account from the administrator localgroup,however this regular user account now can access to any user account folder previously cached file accessed located in c:\users\UserName.
How can I prevent this regular user account from accessing to other users folder without administrator priviledge and without restart the computer?

A:After add a regular account to an administrator localgroup to access to some users fo

While logged in as UserName you can set file and folder permissions to the folders you would like and explicitly deny access to a particular folder. To do so simply follow this tutorial - Folder Permissions

If the Administrator account had taken ownership of that folder then unfortunately the only way you are going to be able to deny that account is to then take ownership with a different account. This would require administrative privileges. To do so follow this tutorial - Take Ownership of file

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300749-after-add-regular-account-administrator-localgroup-access-some-users-fo.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi folks. I have Vista Home premium, and am using Windows Mail as POP3 and SMTP client. I recently had to set up a second user account so that I could access various services at work. What I'm wanting to know is HOW can I set this up so that the same Windows Mail account appears in both? I have it set up with for the same login details etc, but can't seem to get the same folders to appear. I thought it was a sharing problem, but have shared the relevant directory. I'm stumped.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/260724-can-2-users-fully-share-windows-mail-account.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Websense? Security Labs? has received reports of a new attack that targets AOL customers. Users receive a spoofed email from the security department at AOL. The email claims that AOL had a security breach over the weekend and that confidential information may have been compromised. The email also requests that users connect to a website to download and install a new security patch, which will protect their information.When users click on the link, they are redirected to a fraudulent website...This site hosts a piece of malicious code, named patch.scr, which is written in Visual Basic and uses Yoda Crypt. When the file is run, a wizard opens to guide users through the disclosure of their confidential account and billing information, including their account limit.Full report and email snapshot here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31127/trojan-targets-aol-userssteals-account-info/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have Acer Aspire Switch 10 as public test computer for people and they can login using their Microsoft Account. Some people mess up the computer on purpose to do mischief and I had to use System Restore to fix things few times already.

Is it possible to use gpedit.msc to prevent users who login with Microsoft Account from changing settings and messing up the computer while still allowing local Administrator account to have permissions to do these things?
I have no server.
~Lauri

A:Prevent MS Account users changing settings /w gpedit.msc

Hello Lauri, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could make their MS accounts to be a standard user type of an account instead of an administrator type. They will then no longer be able to perform any actions that require elevated rights.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62820-prevent-ms-account-users-changing-settings-w-gpedit-msc.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there any way to set up start up programs (programs which starts automatically when xp loads) for different users form an administartor account. I have three users i like to set three different start up settings for these users from the administrator account. My user account is not able to open, so i want to change the start up setting of the user from the administrator account.

My operating system is windows xp service pack 2.
Thanks in advance.

A:How to set start up programs for seperate users from administrator account

If you are the administrator of the computer you should have the permissions to add any shortcut to their individual start up folders.

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-start-up-programs-for-seperate-users-from-administrator-account.898813/
Relevancy 48.59%

Here is the deal I have a server at a small business running XP Pro sp Whenever a workstation logs into the business system that is hosted on the after account Remotely 3 a password unlock users fails server the program prompts for a username amp password This username amp password are the Remotely unlock a users account after 3 password fails same as one of the user accounts on the server so if someone mis-types the password one too many times the server Remotely unlock a users account after 3 password fails locks the account for multiple password fails Is there a way I can either unlock the account remotely Logging in with an admin account on the server bogs it down enormously as it actually serves different programs and tends to run at about cpu usage with nothing else really going on or set a policy that makes it to where the account will never lock for excess password attempts I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere before but I was a little daunted by the thought of digging through over a thousand pages of threads to find out TIA Dannan

A:Remotely unlock a users account after 3 password fails

First why are you using xp pro as a server? and To answer your question.. the easiest way I can think of is to setup a separate box on the network for the specific purpose of remoting in. Once on the network you can use the Computer Management console to remote connect to the machine in question and unlock the user. That way you never have to actually login to the "server" but you will need to do it from an admin account local to both computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remotely-unlock-a-users-account-after-3-password-fails-509332.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. Hoping I've used the correct forum for my question.....

A query. My wife run a voluntary interest group with some friends. We have registered a gmail account for admin purposes and would like to add delegated access to other friends as admins that help us. To test it, I've added my wife as a delegate and it works fine.....when using a pc to access the email account. What I'd like to know is if there is a method of being able to allow delegated access from mobile devices running ios or android? We're not too IT savvy so simple methods - if they exist - would be appreciated. We can always register other email addresses of course with other providers or download other apps which may assist. Open to any suggestions really.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630250/gmail-account-with-delegated-users-on-mobile-devices/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a client who has added another user to a windows XP box, whom we will call 'Mark'.

The administrator of the machine wants 'Mark' to be able to install programs under his account.

The administrator has logged in to give Mark the appropriate privledges but he cannot install any programs.

The administrator has also tried adding Mark to both the Power users and the Admin group, still no go. What's the deal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-install-programs-under-power-users-or-administrator-account.232825/
Relevancy 48.59%

With Vista Home Premium I ve encountered two strange thingswell two today anyway When I changed my User Admin name in the User Account Center it changed to the new name in the Welcome Window and in the User Account Center but not in C Users The old name is still there with all the files and Folders listed But as I found out it seems impossible to change the old name there in Computer to the new name as it is not allowed even as admin So can it be changed or does the old name stay under C Users and the new name only shows in the Welcome screen and the User Account Center Another strange User account name old account in shows name but at C:\Users New user remains startup thing An old User name Folder It not being used and is empty that I deleted previously in the User Control Center because the file had problems with a corrupt file still sits there in the User Folder The folder is empty it says but shows a couple of Roxio files and I New user account name shows at startup but old name remains in C:\Users can t delete this file It says files are in use elsewhere Neither problem is pressing but I would like to clean up these loose ends Even one at a time Thanks G nbsp

A:New user account name shows at startup but old name remains in C:\Users

1) this was the same on most of the earlier Windows versions. When one renamed a account the "Document and Settings" folder did NOT get changed. You will find that most of the people that did this will find their folder under the "Owner" folder.

2) When you deleted this account did you select the "Delete files" check box? What you may want to try, boot up in the "Safe Mode", then try and delete these files and folders. Reboot back in the real mode and see it it worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-account-name-shows-at-startup-but-old-name-remains-in-c-users.619804/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi

i have two accounts created in windows 7
when i installed a program in my account it creates a shortcut icon in my desktop
and if i go to the other account and to the desktop i see the icon and if i delete the icon then i gets deleted in my desktop too

why?

A:Problem with shortcuts program icon in users account

In your own account, try rightclicking on the Program File's .exe to Send to Desktop.

It's likely that the program's installer writes the desktop icon to all User Desktops if it's installed for all users. But creating a shortcut in your User account should limit itself to your desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308246-problem-shortcuts-program-icon-users-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

On our domain when we check the quot User must change their password at next login quot box on their user account they don t get prompted to change it the first time they log in after that even after waiting awhile Instead they log in one more time with their OLD password and if they try and access Outlook they get the UserID Password Domain prompt They then have to log off and relog back on a second time before it prompts for a password Any ideas why this can be happening this is on types of clients so I am thinking its domain related but I don t even know where to begine All users are able to access all domain resources fine have the correct IP and DNS information for the AD server Oh they next on no - must Users change login password don't! their Oh yeah a few more wierd things The second I tick and apply the quot User must change their password at next login quot our exchange server asks them for a username password and domain as thoguh exchange has already wanted to force a password Users must change their password on next login - Oh no they don't! change Users must change their password on next login - Oh no they don't! Woohoo yet another symptom any Domain user ID that has not been changing the passwordi n the past is having theis problem but a newly created domain user does not have this issue at all nbsp

A:Users must change their password on next login - Oh no they don't!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/users-must-change-their-password-on-next-login-oh-no-they-dont.363949/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was just given a brand new HP Pavilion dv2225la (I live in Colombia) and my father put a name on it that I don't want in that /usuarios/xxxxx/mis documentos folder (users/xxxx/my documents) , I'd like to change it to my name and I've even changed all the names of the computer via My Pc properties window to mine but that folder name won't change. I know it's a small detail but I'm picky like that.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium
1024MB of RAM
Intel Core Duo
32bit system

A:Solved: How do I change the name of the users folder?

ConsumingHatred said:

I was just given a brand new HP Pavilion dv2225la (I live in Colombia) and my father put a name on it that I don't want in that /usuarios/xxxxx/mis documentos folder (users/xxxx/my documents) , I'd like to change it to my name and I've even changed all the names of the computer via My Pc properties window to mine but that folder name won't change. I know it's a small detail but I'm picky like that.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium
1024MB of RAM
Intel Core Duo
32bit systemClick to expand...

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=215

scroll to #3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-change-the-name-of-the-users-folder.569702/
Relevancy 48.16%

In previous versions of Windows, a quick registry hack has let me create my main user (after the one in C:\Users created when installing Windows) in E:\Users rather than C:\Users.

This is the method I've used before:

Use Regedit to navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

and alter ProfilesDirectory, in my case to E:\Users.

Does anyone know if this works in W10, or will I be a path-finder?

A:Change default location for new users

The registry method, as told in this tutorial on our sister sister the Seven Forums has never been my favorite because of the way it handles the Windows Environment Variables.

In Windows 10 I recommend using the Sysprep method: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40382-change-default-location-new-users.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Here is a step by step solution of how to move your Users folder in Windows The easiest way to move Users folder new installed OS or not is Start command prompt from installation location folder How change of Users to DVD Start your computer with installation DVD After entered Language to install Time and currency format and Keyboard or input method Click Next On next window Click Repair your computer Click on Command prompt Identify your drive letters In recovery mode drive letters are change from your common drive letters C this is virtual C-drive E this is your C-drive D this is your first extra HDD Copy your Users folder to destination of your choice Use command robocopy MIR How to change location of Users folder SEC SECFIX XJ homedrive Users destination path Example robocopy MIR SEC SECFIX XJ E Users D Users Make sure all files are copied with no errors reported in the end Remove your homedrive Users folder Use command rmdir Q S homedrive Users Create hard link from homedrive Users to destination path How to change location of Users folder Use command mklink J homedrive Users destination path This destination path shall be with the normal drive letter not the letter changed in Recovery mode This may differ on your computer Restart computer and log in You're done

A:How to change location of Users folder

Hi Simon, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Here two even easier methods, from our Tutorials section:
User Folders - Change Default Location
User Profiles - Create and Move During Windows 7 Installation

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/239156-how-change-location-users-folder.html
Relevancy 48.16%

In previous versions of Windows, a quick registry hack has let me create my main user (after the one in C:\Users created when installing Windows) in E:\Users rather than C:\Users.

This is the method I've used before:

Use Regedit to navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

and alter ProfilesDirectory, in my case to E:\Users.

Does anyone know if this works in W10, or will I be a path-finder?

A:Change default location for new users

The registry method, as told in this tutorial on our sister sister the Seven Forums has never been my favorite because of the way it handles the Windows Environment Variables.

In Windows 10 I recommend using the Sysprep method: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40382-change-default-location-new-users.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,
I was adding a new account on my computer. For basic purposes, I made a new account called "User B". Now, when I switch users/log off, I see that it goes like this
"User B User A". I would like "User A" to be the first option, THEN "User B". Any help?

(I have hidden the names of the "Users" for privacy reasons)

A:Change arrangement of users on log-on screen.

Hi Metamence,

As far as I know, the order of username presentation on the Welcome Screen cannot be configured. There's no standard option available to adjust this (and I'm aware of no 3rd party software that changes this particular aspect of the Welcome Screen - many other, but not this one). I haven't been able to determine how it even establishes the order it does use. I went through the entire registry looking and searched 30 pages in Bing and Google and found no solutions.

Sorry, but it does not appear that what you want to do is possible in Vista (or in Windows 7 or XP either to my knowledge). I wish I had better news, but that seems to be the way it is.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285472-change-arrangement-users-log-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I have a 5 user license and I'm currently using it on 2 devices. Both have the same Microsoft account login (Windows, Office and OneDrive). No issues.

I want to now use the 3rd and 4th of 5 licenses for my mother's computer and laptop. She has her own Microsoft account for logging on to Windows on her machines (which have no Office).

To confirm:
I will send her the invite email.
From her Microsoft Account, she will download and install Office on both devices
She will get her own 1 TB OneDrive space, and will NOT sync with me but between her 2 devices.
This will use up another 2 licences.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

A:5 Users Office 365 - 'Device' versus 'Microsoft Account' question

Yes to your answers, but I am not 100% sure about the OneDrive access. I'm unaware if she gets her own 1TB.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/5-users-office-365-device-versus-microsoft-account-question-1029713.html