Windows Support Forum

Discount for upgrade Vista Home Premium 32 to WIndows 7?

Q: Discount for upgrade Vista Home Premium 32 to WIndows 7?

Hi members.

I thought I should ask may be someone know
I had purchased the present Dell Laptop almost one year ago with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit pre-installed. If I upgrade to Windows 7 will there be any discount? (I am in Japan and OS is in Japanese.)

Thank in advance.

Ari

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Discount for upgrade Vista Home Premium 32 to WIndows 7?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Discount for upgrade Vista Home Premium 32 to WIndows 7?

Nope...you dont have a chance of getting a discount. It doesnt work that way.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261538-discount-upgrade-vista-home-premium-32-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hey guys I want to upgrade my OS from Vista Home Premium to Upgrade Premium Home to Windows 7 Home Windows Premium Vista Home Premium and I have the Anytime upgrade DVD provided at the time when I bought my laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium Since this is the first time I will ever try to upgrade my OS and I will be paying for it lol I wanted Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade to clear a few doubts before I went about it My current OS is a Deutsch German version I want my new OS to be in English So my question is - Will the upgrade process provide me with the option to choose an installation language I researched a bit about language packs and if I'm not very wrong Multiple language packs work only for Business and Ultimate versions but not for Basic and Home premium Third party language packs like Vistalizator has been reported to work fine but Microsoft doesn't recommend it and some users have reported to have problems where it pops the message quot your windows is not genuine quot So should I do an upgrade or just do a clean install with an Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade original Windows Home Premium DVD

A:Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Welcome
I am not sure about the answer regarding the language pack, but I am sure about the upgrade or the clean install. Do the clean install. A clean install is always preferred over an upgrade. With an upgrade all the old problems that may exist with the OS are just carried to the new installation.
Upgrades often fail, either because of third party software that is not compatible, or malicious software that breaks in the new install.
There are some members that back up their stuff and do a clean install on a regular basis to have the OS run smoothly as the first day. Trust me go with the clean install and enjoy your new OS

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302253-windows-vista-home-premium-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm considering upgrading an old 530s from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit. Will an OEM version work and where can I get a fair deal on Win 7?

A:Dell 530s upgrade from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

You are best to take the unofficial upgrade path to Windows 10 via the expired 10130 Insider Preview:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-→-windows-10-free-upgrade/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19670607
Relevancy 91.16%

i recently got windows vista home premium and decided to upgrade my windows xp home edition SP3. It was going great until it needed to complete the upgrade. Up ntil 64% all was well. But once it hit 64% for awhile the computer shut down. After it shut down on its own i rebooted it and it said "upgrade unsuccessful. restoring your previous windows and settings. Do not turn off or restart your computer." I really want to know how to install it without any problems and i need help. Anything will be good and appreciated!
I have a Compaq Presario C301NR whit 2gigs of ram and 320gig HD. I still have the disc and everything and the computer was not harmed. After it shut down on its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-windows-vista-home-premium-upgrade-from-windows-xp-home-edition-sp3.834046/
Relevancy 91.16%

Ok here is the problem I have. I have a laptop with vista home premium 32 bit.. (OEM)..No install disk But can make one.I was going to install it on pc. I have ordered an upgrade disk for windows 7 x64 professional.. I was wanting to put it on my pc. It is running Windows 7600-16384 at the moment. From what I see it seems I won't be able to upgrade because:
1. Vista home premium to Windows professional won't work.
2. You can't upgrade with windows 7600-16384 to RTM
3. Not sure about going from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I am correct in my thinking??? If so I may have to cancel my upgrade buy from Newegg..Or change it somehow.

Would I be able to do clean install (RTM) on the pc with 7600-16384 on there????

A:Vista Home Premium 32 bit upgrade to Windows 7 x64

Hi buckman, welcome to the forums.

Firstly, the upgrade paths have been set out HERE

Secondly if your hardware is x64 compatible then there's no reason not to install x64. You will, however, need to 'clean' install as upgrades from x86 to x64 do not work.

Hope this helps in some way

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/17708-vista-home-premium-32-bit-upgrade-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Have installed this twice using the different options and the OS seems to drag considerably. The optical drive is not very responsive and the shutting down takes ages. I have installed enditall with no effect. Really need some help here Windows Advisor never threw up any issues. Plenty of HHD space and 4GB RAM. The laptop is only one year old.
Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 91.16%

I am having a devil of a job upgrading from Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 Home Premium. The installation procedure runs all the way through without a hitch. However, when the PC boots back up, I get a message saying the upgrade was unsuccessful and that the previous Vista O/S will be reinstated. Also, if I restart the PC manually, I get a Dos screen up asking me to choose between 'Setup' and 'Vista'. The PC will only boot up if I choose the 'Vista' option. Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this annoying problem?

A:Windows 7 upgrade from Vista Home Premium

Are you using an OEM Windows 7 DVD? Or, MS blue-disk DVD? OEMs are often installed & "married" to a specific computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363744-windows-7-upgrade-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello people as I've been researching online that there 7 from Vista Windows Home Premium to Pro Upgrade is ONLY one way of going to from version to version when upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows For example Vista Home Premium to Home Premium You technically In Microsoft's eyes can't go from Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Professional People bought the Student Professional from DR when it was available and had Vista Home Premium on their laptop Mistake I don't think so We are also assuming that you have a legitimate copy of Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Professional Upgrade We also assume no liability for any damages or data loss this may occur from doing my Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro tutorial First off we need things done before we can do the upgrades Yes Upgrades Backup everything you need saved Make an image with Acronis or any backup program Have a copy of Windows Any edition works I'll tell you why later Have a quite some time to do this Upgrades took a total of probably half a day Assuming you did the first steps continue So you have a DVD copy or image of Windows Extract the image or copy the disc to a folder on the HD of the computer you are upgrading We are going to be going from Vista Home Premium to Windows Home Premium as this is the only way we can do it THANKS MICROSOFT View the extracted dvd image on your HD You will see a Sources folder and you will see a ei cfg This can be edited with Wordpad or notepad either one will do fine You will see this Code EditionID Professional Channel OEM VL Remove Professional and put HomePremium instead of Professional underneath EditionID Make it look like this Code EditionID HomePremium Channel OEM VL Save it and continue Run the setup exe inside the directory where you extracted copied the Windows Installation It will do the upgrade warn you about any incompatibilities When it finishes the installation DO NOT ENTER A KEY Your Professional key will not work here Once done we are going to go back to the DVD image extraction location Where you copied extracted the Windows DVD Remember the ei cfg we edited using notepad wordpad Well we need to change the EditionID back to professional We can't do an anytime upgrade by using the Professional key because Microsoft made special keys for that purpose and the ones you received were not the correct ones Once you do that save it then run setup exe You are going to go through the same steps as before but at the end of the upgrade it'll ask you for a key put your Professional key in this time Wallah Run Updates and Install remove any programs that got blown away by the upgrade It happens sometimes when parts of a program don't work properly on Windows I was able to do this on laptops for work To sum it up we basically did upgrades Vista to HP then from HP to Pro Why it works Probably because when you don't put a key in Windows has a default key it inputs automatically

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro

It works also because an Upgrade only needs to see an OS when first scanning the HD to allow upgrade key.

If you don't put the key in upfront and it continues the install, it is allowing you 30 days to input the key at Computer>Properties.

I figured someone would put this together when I saw this popular workaround which worked for me on RTM > 7 Home Premium: UNAWAVE - Downgrade Ultimate to Home Premium or Professional

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45177-upgrade-vista-home-premium-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I just bought an upgrade version of Windows which I intend to use to upgrade my Vista Upgrade Vista from (home Windows premium) laptop I just want to be sure I do not make mistake in this upgrade I have a bit Upgrade from Windows Vista (home premium) Vista and I want to upgrade to bit Windows Is it possible Or do I have to use a custom installation I presume I can do a custom installtion since though the windows cover says quot upgrade from Vista quot it also says that one would have to perform a clean install if it was XP that was being upgraded Am I correct in this assumption I know one or two of Upgrade from Windows Vista (home premium) my programmes freewares would not work with bit Is there any way to run them in an environment which would allow them to run may be in a compatibility version In case I want to go back to Vista unlikely but always possible would the installation of Windows keep the Vista backup option on my HP laptop drive D Finally why should I use a bit version except that it is the most advanced Many thanks for your help I can back up all my programmes and data on a hard disk which I would before upgrading nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

I am currently running Windows XP Home Edition and I think I am ready to make the jump to Vista Specifically I want to upgrade to Vista Home Premium bit version You see currently I have GB of ram installed into my computer but because of page filing CPU cache and the MB of memory on my Video Card coupled with the limitation of -bit operating systems I cannot use Questions Home bit Premium to (32 Windows 64 bit) Upgrade Vista an entire GB of ram Upgrading to a bit Operating System is the only way to solver this issue It s funny because I am expecting a performance INCREASE from upgrading to Vista I also have a Dual-core bit AMD Opteron processor that I would like to take full advantage of if not only for the sake of saying that I am Finally I NEED DirextX Need So here is my question Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade Questions (32 bit to 64 bit) I can get a Vista Home Premium Upgrade disk and license through my college for cheap The only problem is that I am unsure if you can upgrade from XP Home bit to Windows Vista bit I called up Microsoft to ask them this question specifically and after much waiting I was told that it was possible I was told that I would first need to install Windows Vista Home Premium onto my computer with the -bit disks and that I would then be shipped the bit disks that would allow me to upgrade from a to bit operating environment The thing is I felt like I knew more about Windows Vista than the saleswomen at first she didn t even know you could get Home Premium in bit My questions for you fine folk is Can I upgrade from Windows XP Home bit version edition to Windows Vista Home Premium bit edition with the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade package If I can are the instructions from the saleswomen correct I would think that I would just have to wait for the bit disks and use those as opposed to upgrading to vista and THEN If I can t and need a clean install can I do a clean installation with the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade Packaged Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

This might be a silly question, but I need some advice. I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit, and since the release of windows 7, the price of Vista Ultimate has dropped dramatically. My questions are these. What would be the benefit of upgrading to vista ultimate on a home PC or should I just upgrade to Windows 7?

A:Upgrade Vista Home Premium to Ultimate or Windows 7

I would go with 7.

Vista was never very popular. It would be my guess that support for the OS is ended as soon as possible, without any extensions.

7 has better security

Although mostly eye candy, 7 does have a lot of nice features.

Of course a question like this is very subjective, there is no right or wrong.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279899-upgrade-vista-home-premium-ultimate-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

What are the "upgrade" rules? I don't need Windows 7 Professional but sometimes upgrades don't work if you are moving to a package lower on the feature tree. Please let me know if you have a definitive answer or give me a pointer to the correct place to ask.

A:Upgrade Vista Business to Windows 7 Home Premium?

Hello RadioShackModel3, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but the supported upgrade paths are: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 or SP2 -> Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows Vista Business SP1 or SP2 -> Windows 7 Professional
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 or SP2 -> Windows 7 Ultimate
Upgrade Install with Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14532-upgrade-vista-business-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I am trying to upgrade from 2GB to 4BG at 1GB sticks. I recently got 2 Transcend 1gb sticks #TS128MLQ64V6J   (2 x 1GB = 2GB) 240-pin DIMM DDR2 PC-5300 RAM memory module for desktop PC
240-pin DIMM, unbuffered Non-ECC memory.
and they don't work, the 2 in my cpu now that work are Hynix 1GB 2rx8 pc2-5300u-555-12. I am trying to figure out why they don't work?

Regards    

A:Windows Vista Home Premium (Memory Upgrade Problem)

Looks to me as if those modules should work.  Remove the old modules, replace them with the new in the same slots.

Does system boot?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517697/windows-vista-home-premium-memory-upgrade-problem/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi - I used the process outlined in this link http www winsupersite com showcase winvista upgrade clean asp to make a clean install from Windows XP Home Media Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium lt lt ACER notebook G ram Ghz G HDD gt gt Until I found Paul Thurrott s web site it looked Drivers to Vista Home Missing After Windows Premium Upgrade like I was going to have to actually upgrade and bring along all that mess from years of using XP But following the instructions Paul gave I actually did get a clean install The software was off too from Circuit City Too bad about them huh Well the clean went well but afterwards when I repeated Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium the process inputting the product key right near the end maybe Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium the rd or th restart the ACER froze up I did it again after first deleting the partition and recreating it BootIt NG nd time it installed fine Took about min for the clean install and hour min for the upgrade The only thing I did differently the nd time was to change the boot sequence back to HDD CDROM Anyway the PC is fine Wireless works and I ve done some Internet browsing But in device manager I have instances of PCI Flash mem alarm and instance of a USB camera alarm Minor but Vista keeps reminding me to install drivers I don t have the hardware so I don t know why this has happened Anyone know What to do at this point Thanks RDL nbsp

A:Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

Solved by getting two drivers from ACER's web site. It wasn't obvious which ones I needed by the description in Device Manager but after Googling found several folks who had the same thing happen to them and also found which drivers were needed.

RDL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-missing-after-upgrade-to-windows-vista-home-premium.794393/
Relevancy 89.01%

I tried using VISTA home premium but evidently this is not one that works. I have WinXp Pro and I want to get to win7 home premium as an in place installation. What version of VISTA do I need?

A:What Version of VISTA Do I need For an Inplace Upgrade to Windows & Home Premium?

Any version will work, I suggest Home Premium ($119.99), but you need to run the W7 upgrade advisor first, to see if your PC can handle the upgrade.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Once you are satisfied your PC will run W7, see this article/video on moving from XP to W7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-version-of-vista-do-i-need-for-an-inplace-upgrade-to-windows-home-premium.889116/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi, I'm considering Vista finally, and I remembered that I can get academic discounts, since I'm a student. Normally I wouldn't even think about getting Ultimate, but let me ask you guys this: at $76 for Home Premium vs. $115 for Ultimate (upgrade versions of each, with discount, s&h included in that price), which should I get?

The extra features in Ultimate seem small compared to what's already offered in Home Premium... are they even worth the extra $40?

Thanks a lot!

A:Home Premium vs Ultimate Upgrades (ACADEMIC discount)

Does anyone have an opinion?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/home-premium-vs-ultimate-upgrades-academic-discount-222543.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

When I got my HP laptop it had a trial Office 2007 which expired yesterday. I want to purchase Office Standard 2007, which would give me Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, but do I also have to upgrade my Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

Compused

A:Do I have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

compused said:

Hi,

When I got my HP laptop it had a trial Office 2007 which expired yesterday. I want to purchase Office Standard 2007, which would give me Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, but do I also have to upgrade my Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

CompusedClick to expand...

No! Just get the Office 2007 and you'll be set..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-upgrade-windows-vista-home-premium-to-run-office-standard-2007.130305/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,I have been looking for a solution to upgrade my Inspiron 1525 laptop, preinstalled with Vista Home Premium 32 bits when I bought it.The target is to prepare path to upgrade to Windows 10.I need Windows 7 or 8 to start with.I could not find a way on Dell website.
Many thanks in advance !Isabelle

A:Upgrade for my Inspiron 1525 Laptop from Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits to Windows 7 or 8 and then to Windows 10

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would like to inform you that the Inspiron 1525 is not tested for windows 10 and we would not suggest that you upgrade the version of windows 
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19983486
Relevancy 85.14%

I was wondering --

I bought Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade when it was 1/2 price in July. I can also purchase Windows 7 Professional through the Ultimate Steal here in Canada.

I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer. I really don't want to do a clean install.

After I do an in-place upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium, can I use the key from Windows 7 Professional to upgrade to that version?

After that, can I then install Windows 7 Home Premium on a friend's computer, using the same key I had originally used on my computer, now that I'm not using Windows 7 Home Premium any more?

Thanks.

A:Upgrade Vista Home Premium --> 7 Home Premium --> 7 Pro

It appears the Upgrade keys are much more flexible than in the past, so it is worth a try at install. The worst is that you would have to use the key that came with the version.

No one I've read knows for sure whether an upgrade deactivates the underlying O.S. key, and MS's own Technet MVP's say it doesn't in case of reinstall need. It violates the EULA, of course, which says the upgraded OS replaces it except for reinstall.

Since upgrade keys are working in clean installs, you might want to try this providing your Vista Premium is retail so that you can migrate it to your friend:

1) Make an image of your Vista Premium install so it can be easily restored.

2) Try a clean formatted install booting from desired Win7 Upgrade version, which should take the key, or require the double "upgrade over upgrade" trick so the key is taken.

3) If this works, you can migrate your retail copy of Vista to your friend's computer, if not just use your backup image to restore it for in place Upgrade.

You will need to make a backup image of the finished job to avoid having to reinstall both OS in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31213-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-home-premium-7-pro.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Can I upgrade to premium and have all my files,settings,programs etc carried over automatically or do I need to save them to a external hard-drive or something? I'm on a laptop,2gb,I've ran the Update Advisor which says I can update from my current V.Home Basic to Home Premium.

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I'm new here, just registered.

I successfully bought the upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium N, downloaded and extracted it and now I want to install it.
When I choose UPDATE in the intallation dialog it tells me that I cannot upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium ???
Every website from Windows and other people tells me that it IS possible and even the Windows 7 Update Advisor told me that I should not encounter any problems upgrading.

Has anyone of you yet encountered upgrading problems of compatible Vista/7 versions?
Or any other idea what I can do to solve the problem?!

I know that I can make a clean intall of 7, but this would be a pain...

Thank you very much in advance
Elefantman (t?r????)

My system is:
Samsung Laptop R70
Intel Duo Core 1,8GH
3GB Ram
Windows Home Premium (OEM)
Service Pack 1
32 Bit

And I bought:
Windows 7 Home Premium N
32 Bit
Download/Upgrade

A:Cant upgrade from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home PremiumN

I'm having the exact same problem. When I choose upgrade it checks compatibility and says:

"Windows cannot be upgraded because the hard disk partition is formatted with an unsupported version of the NTFS file system. You must restart the computer using the Windows installation disc, perform a custom install, reformat the hard disk partition, and then reinstall your existing files, settings and programs. Go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings."

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30644-cant-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-home-premiumn.html
Relevancy 82.13%

According to Premium (cant to Vista to reinstall Home software upgrade) Vista Business afford cant Windows You are not able to upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Business I wanted to join one of our developers to our domain unfortunately this developer has a machine running Windows Vista Home Premium We have a license to Vista Home Premium to Vista Business (cant upgrade) cant afford to reinstall software Windows Vista Home Premium to Vista Business (cant upgrade) cant afford to reinstall software Vista Business After reading the website above it is not possible to upgrade only to do a clean install This is not an option for the company since we have some serious deadlines to meet I started doing research online for cloning solutions but the question is rather complex to put in a search query In essence this is what I am trying to do Install a cloning software to make a copy of the hard drive Do a clean install from Home Premium to Windows Business Use cloning software to put all applications user s settings etc exactly the way it was before installing Windows Business without any conflicts Will there be any conflicts i e with the registry or anything else since the applications where installed in Windows Vista Home and now they are running in Windows Vista Business What is the best if possible free cloning software that I could use to clone the developer s stuff Is this even possible I appreciate any help I can get I just started this job and don t want to let my bosses down S Thank you very much CarlitosTSU nbsp

A:Vista Home Premium to Vista Business (cant upgrade) cant afford to reinstall software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-to-vista-business-cant-upgrade-cant-afford-to-reinstall-software.811125/
Relevancy 82.13%

I checked the search, but no results. I am building a PC from scratch. I bought Vista Home Pemium, but did not know it was 32 bit. I want to utilize 64 bit, so I bought the 64 bit DVD from MS. Do I install 32 bit first, and then the 64 bit DVD? DO I just install the 64 bit DVD as a clean install? IS that even possible?

Specs:
Gigabyte GA EP45 USD3
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

CPU is a 64 bit processor. The hard drive is brand new.

A:Vista 32 to 64 Home Premium Upgrade

Just install the x64 like normal. Nothing special is needed. You are all set to go.

Just make sure you have at least 3 gigs of RAM to run x64 properly.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238346-vista-32-64-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 82.13%

It said it couldn't upgrade from my Vista Home Premium and had to do a custom install clean on top of Vista. I have not gone any farther than to see the installation finished and I see that it saved my Vista files in Windows.old.

I sure thought Win & would upgrade from Vista. Now I have to reinstall all my apps again. And if I'm going to do that anyway I might just as well install the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit I installed.

Is this best?

I have MS Office 2007 as well to reinstall. Does it work under 64 bit Win 7?

Is this what others have seen?

A:Win 7 upgrade from Vista home Premium - not?

You can upgrade from Vista to 7, but it has to be an approved path.

Trust me - it's better to do a clean install than an in-place upgrade. Any problems you had with Vista will be present in 7. If you want to use x64, be my guest - but you have to verify that all of your hardware is supported under x64.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32963-win-7-upgrade-vista-home-premium-not.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Greetings I have a Lenovo N laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed The Windows Update no longer will update itself which prevents any further updates to Vista I spent much time online and in emailing back amp forth with MS who promised to send me a Vista disk It never arrived even after I emailed about it and frankly I m about through with Vista My goal is to install Win RC and use it until the full version is released then buy it But After running the Windows Upgrade Advisor http www to Upgrade 7 Win Home from Vista Premium microsoft com windows windows- upgrade-advisor aspx it says I cannot install Win RC over Vista Home Premium until I have Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Win 7 installed at least the SP I can t do that because the Windows Update has be updated first Hello Catch- So my question is other than restoring this laptop to its factory state which will wipe out all my apps and customizations can anyone think of a way to upgrade this to Win RC If it helps Lenovo included a Windows Anytime Upgrade disk with the system but paying for an upgrade to Vista Ultimate just so I can immediately dump it in favor of a time-limited Win RC seems foolish Any help is much appreciated

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Win 7

I tried the Upgrade route from Vista64 to W7 64 bit and it didn't work out very well. My start menu was blank and a bunch of other stuff was hosed. So the reason for doing it, not having to reinstall stuff, didn't work out.

One thing I found is if you have a lot of portable applications or apps that just use an .ini file in the install folder instead of the registry, and you don't put them under Program Files, most of them will still be there if you do a "custom install" of W7.

It takes longer than a clean wipe and install, but then you have to set up all your programs again. I have a lot of small self-contained apps under the Utils folder.. so it worked out fairly well for me.

What happens is it gathers up all the system files and programs and moves them to a folder called Windows.old. Then it installs W7 and the default games and crap. To use my programs under Utils all I had to do was make a shortcut.

Any way you try it, I recommend getting an image backup program and making an image of your current system. As in the case where the W7 upgrade didn't work, in less than 2 hours I copied my Vista image back on from an external USB drive.

The program install business is like the biggest hassle that should be addressed. But I doubt anyone will tackle it anytime soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230345/upgrade-from-vista-home-premium-to-win-7/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, I know it is a bit late to catch on but I always seem to have got one operating system working the way I like when another one comes along!
I am running Wondow XP professional on an Athlon AMD64 with an Abit UL8 motherboard and Sata HDD.
I am trying to do a new install because Vista won't allow upgrade from XP professional.
I have reached the stage in installation when I get the blue screen with a 'MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION' warning.
Having restarted from this error message and rebooting from Hard drive I get the option of booting from 'windows setup' or 'previous operationg system'. If I select 'windows setup' I get the following error:
\$WINDOWS.~BT\windows\system32\winload.exe
The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation
Abidan

A:Upgrade from XP pro to Vista home premium

Hello Abidan, Welcome to the Forum.

Originally Posted by Abidan

Hi, I know it is a bit late to catch on but I always seem to have got one operating system working the way I like when another one comes along!
I am running Wondow XP professional on an Athlon AMD64 with an Abit UL8 motherboard and Sata HDD.

The Abit Vista support for this MB seems to be very patchy at best are you sure that you will be able to find all the Vista drivers that you will need after the install?

I have reached the stage in installation when I get the blue screen with a 'MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION' warning.

This is normally an indication of hardware problems. As XP ran on this MB, it could be an indication that you will not be able to install Vista.

How far into the install are you getting?

If you are overclocking turn everything back to normal.

How much Ram do you have installed?

Check to see that you have the latest BIOS

Having restarted from this error message and rebooting from Hard drive I get the option of booting from 'windows setup' or 'previous operationg system'. If I select 'windows setup' I get the following error:
\$WINDOWS.~BT\windows\system32\winload.exe
The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
Abidan

This error indicates to me that Vista did not install enough for you to be able to restart the (now old) install, The answer here is to reboot from the DVD drive ie. a complete new install

I would suggest trying again just in case the blue screen was a one off let us know how you get on. If it blue screens again there might be someone here who can still help you

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/223728-upgrade-xp-pro-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 82.13%

After using Vista to upgrade from winXP which went without a hitch I immediately sent two e-mails and received three downloads from Microsoft at the same time which then advised me to restart the machine which I did and since then Vista has refused to load I get an error message i e Windows failed to start because the registry is missing or is corrupted During attempts to find the answer I discovered that Home Premium Vista (Upgrade) neither the BIOS Vista Home Premium (Upgrade) nor Device Manager can find the HD which is a Maxtor SATA disc model V F I was on the phone to Microsoft support and they came to the conclusion that I needed to install the drivers for that model I have looked at the Maxtor website but cannot find such a thing In the meantime I have fitted a second HD this time it is an IDE and installed Vispa on that This works fine and enables me to get on line Any help will be much appreciated Sunbuff nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, Can anyone advice?

I currently have Vista Home Premium and have bought Windows 7 Professional.. only to find that I will lose all of my files if and when I upgrade. I have emailed Microsoft and am waiting for a reply... I have made a backup from Vista on to an external hard drive... but would still have to install all progarms etc... is there any version of Windows 7 that I could upgrade to that would retain all of my files?
I have ahad a rpoblem with Vista for months in that it will not install updates...

Any suggestions greatly received...

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to 7

Welcome!

Have you considered using the Easy Transfer tool?

Windows Easy Transfer - Transfer To & From Computers

You can also fool Windows 7 into thinking you are upgrading from Vista Professional.

Open regedit, and navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version.

Change Edition ID to Professional, and Product Name to Windows Vista Professional.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/73013-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I would like to do an in-place upgrade of my OS from Vista x64 Home Premium to Business but this doesn't appear to be an option, is that correct? Can I do an in-place upgrade to Vista x64 Ultimate? This is for a development machine and I have the OS available from my MSDN universal subscription.

A:Upgrade from Vista x64 Home Premium

Hello Weef, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Sorry, but you cannot upgrade from Home Premium to Business. You can only do a clean install instead.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows Vista - Windows Vista Help

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218085-upgrade-vista-x64-home-premium.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I had a fully activated and legal copy of Windows Vista running on my computer 3 months ago. I formatted my disk to install Windows 7, thinking I will activate with the upgrade key I bought.

How do I upgrade now?
Please tell me there is way to do it from within Windows 7. I have installed all the programs I want and have it running exactly the way I want it.

Don't tell me I need to clean install Win 7 again?

A:How to upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium without Vista

Quote: Originally Posted by jackdawg

I had a fully activated and legal copy of Windows Vista running on my computer 3 months ago. I formatted my disk to install Windows 7, thinking I will activate with the upgrade key I bought.

How do I upgrade now?
Please tell me there is way to do it from within Windows 7. I have installed all the programs I want and have it running exactly the way I want it.

Don't tell me I need to clean install Win 7 again?

What version of Win7 did you install?

If it's the RC then you can do a clean install with the upgrade version. It has to be activated first.

This will be confirmed soon when people will probably try every variation and post what can be done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30519-how-upgrade-win-7-home-premium-without-vista.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Have run the Windows Upgrade Advisor would like to download the 32bit Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate. Is it possible to download?

A:Upgrade 32bit Home Premium Win. Vista

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You can't just download Windows. You'll need to buy it from a store or either Microsoft's website.

If the Upgrade Advisor said it will run then you should be ok. What is the make and model number of the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrade-32bit-home-premium-win-vista-672500.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am currently using Vista Business and want to install Windows 7 Home Premium.
Upgrade Advisor does not show Home Premium as an upgrade but I don't need anything more than that and don't want to pay the full price for what is basically a downgrade.

It doesn't make sense that I would have to pay for a full version of Home Premium when I already have a Vista Business version.

Does anyone have an answer to this problem.

Thanks,
Charlie

A:Vista Business to Win 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Hi Charlie
Look on this thread and this post
If you have a Vista License, you are entitled to using an Upgrade version of Win7. Yuo will have to do a clean install, you are not allowed to do an in-place upgrade from Business to Home Premium (unless you want to tweak your installation files or your registry, which I don't recommend, a clean istall is a better way to go anyway)

Let me know if you need additional info

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45226-vista-business-win-7-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm a firm believer in clean installs of operating systems, but I wonder if that belief should be extended to upgrades in versions of operating systems???

I have upgraded all of our pc's to new ones with Vista. All have Home Premium except one. I'm thinking of upgrading the others to Ultimate (mainly for the backup program) so they will all be the same and I don't run into some glitch that puzzles me due to differences.

any advice or thoughts on this appreciated.

thanks,

tom

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello. Im running now Vista Home Premium. I would like to change it to Vista Ultimate. Is there any disc upgrade ava for that??? I would like to go for the Ultimate 64(now Im on Home premium 32) so I think I will have to do fresh new instal but the ting is that I dont want loose my recovery partition on my hdd. So how can I do it withoute loosing that?? I mean install Ultimate 64 and keep the recovery partition?

A:How to upgrade Vista Home Premium to Ultimate

First of all, is the hardware 64 bit ready?

If you install a different OS, you will NOT be able to use the Recover method, but the partition and data is still there just no way of getting the Recover program to work. Why would you want this to be protected?

Also, make sure that ALL of the built in devices and external devices have 64 bit drivers available for them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-upgrade-vista-home-premium-to-ultimate.1001215/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm installing this for a friend and she bought a Windows 7 Pro from digital river. She's using Vista 32bit home premium, and it won't let me do an in-place upgrade. She has a lot of programs and I don't wish to re-install one by one, especially when they're programs in Japanese.

I'm comfortable with any work around as long as it has no problems upgrading.

A:How can I do an in-place upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Pro?

Hello, Dmak welcome to the Seven Forums.

You can not in-place upgrade Vista Home Premium to Seven Professional. From Vista Home Premium you can in-place upgrade to Seven Home Premium or Seven Ultimate; in-place upgrade to Seven Professional is possible only from Vista Business.

In this post you can find a chart about various in-place upgrade options. This tutorial shows then how to do in-place upgrade.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/154821-how-can-i-do-place-upgrade-vista-home-premium-win-7-pro.html
Relevancy 81.27%

About a year ago I bought Vista Ultimate upgrade to Upgrade SP1 Vista to Trying Premium Home Ultimate unfortunately my Sony VAIO laptop was only compatible with Vista Business so I couldn't use Trying to Upgrade Vista Home Premium SP1 to Ultimate it About a month ago I bought a HP desktop loaded with Vista Home Premium -bit with SP I learned from Windows Anytime Upgrade that I could upgrade Vista to Ultimate but when I tried it wouldn't let me upgrade it only gave me the option to perform a clean install I really don't want to do this because all of my HP software is on factory image on my hard drive and if I perform a clean install Vista will erase the partition and I'll lose it I've already burned a backup copy to DVDs but I still don't want to go through all the hassle of performing a clean install and then updating everything -- if I don't have to The problem is that my Vista Ultimate upgrade is the original version of Vista whereas the Home Premium is SP which is why it gives me the error message that it can't upgrade because my current version of Vista is newer than the version I'm trying to install I tried calling Microsoft support but they're closed at this time of night and I tried sending a message to Microsoft but it's giving me an error and to try again later Does anyone know if there's a way around this problem Ideally I'd like to be able to use my product key from Vista Ultimate upgrade to obtain or download Vista Ultimate SP which should resolve the problem

A:Trying to Upgrade Vista Home Premium SP1 to Ultimate

Try uninstalling SP1 from your current system.

1. Click Start, type Appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box, and then click Appwiz.cpl in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2. Click View installed updates.
3. Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB936330), and then click Uninstall.
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the uninstall process.

If you are unable to uninstall it that way for whatever reason, roll back with a system restore.

Once you have Ultimate loaded, load SP1 once again.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190465-trying-upgrade-vista-home-premium-sp1-ultimate.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a small business I am working with that has 1 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. Unfortunately, this version cannot access the domain I have setup for them, thus all of the server components they are running.

Can anyone provide guidance on my options. The way I see it, I can do one of the following:

1 - Upgrade existing Vista install from Home Premium to Business
2 - Rebuild the PC from scratch, doing a fresh install of Vista Business

Are there any issues with doing an upgrade? I know with XP, this was a nightmare and I would always avoid it. I am wondering if Vista is any different. Clearly, it is less work to do the upgrade, but I don't want to do it if it will corrupt anything....

Any help would be appreciated....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-upgrade-home-premium-to-business.656697/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm trying to upgrade from Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. When I run the setup the Upgrade option is not available and a message says "Cannot upgrade from staged to non-staged version".

I've tried this with and without SP1 installed (the Ultimate DVD has SP1 and refuses even to get as far as the above unless SP1 is on Home Premium). I'm running 32 bit and upgrading to 32 bit.

I've seen lots of similar complaints on various TechNet and other forums. Anyone here have any experience / ideas? I am on the verge of doing a complete new install, but can't face the amount of work that will involve.

A:Cannot upgrade Vista Home Premium to Ultimate

You need to do a clean install, you can NOT upgrade from on Home to Ultimate.
That said, on most OEM built machines there is a link to BUY, a upgrade from Microsoft. This is a file that will install the higher version.

Go to "Start, All Programs, Extras and Upgrades, Windows Anytime Upgrade".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-upgrade-vista-home-premium-to-ultimate.722529/
Relevancy 81.27%

I downloaded the 64bit release candidate yesterday and tried the upgrade from Vista Home Premium SP1 64bit. Everything checked out fine and the upgrade started... when the last stage is around 66% complete I get the message:

Werfault.exe application error, the instruction at 0x76B93892 reference memory at 0x00000000, the memory could not be read.

The installation program rolled back, which was very nice! I made a few changes and tried it another couple of times with the same result.

My system has an Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, AMD 9850 X4 cpu, 4GB memory, EVGA GTX 295, two Maxtor hard drives - 300GB and 500GB, 2 DVD drives, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions other than a clean install? I had tried the Win 7 beta version with a clean install and that had installed but that was all I did with it.

Al

A:Upgrade From Vista SP1 64bit Home Premium To RC

hu, seems your dvd has file errors? ( IE corrupted)
the other thing would be your ram ( faulty ram causes these kind of errors )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8784-upgrade-vista-sp1-64bit-home-premium-rc.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am going to be upgrading to Win 7 Professional 64bit Upgrade soon (been saying this for over a year). I am upgrading from Vista Home Premium 64bit. I plan on doing an in place upgrade so I don't have to manually reinstall many programs (which I run in specific configurations ect.).

I have recently been reading that it is not possible to do an in place upgrade of Win 7 Pro over Vista Home Premium. Is this true?

And can someone link me to an updated Digital River .iso with Win 7 Professional 64bit with SP1? Apparently the Digital River site has changed now. Hopefully my almost two year CD key of Win 7 still works.

A:Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Pro In Place Upgrade

Unfortunately, you can't do an in-place upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to anything other than Windows 7 Home Premium. For more information, see the two links below.
Windows 7 Upgrade Paths

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182183-vista-home-premium-win-7-pro-place-upgrade.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Compaq Pasario Notebook with a preinstaled Can premium ultimate? home vista from I 7 upgrade to vista home premium x And I have a HP-Compaq Windows only Ultimate x -x disc I once tried Can I upgrade from vista home premium to 7 ultimate? upgrading with a normal home premium PC disc but afther the second part Can I upgrade from vista home premium to 7 ultimate? of the instalation when the PC needed to restart the setup didn't continue pc just started up and normaly loded in Vista And it all most destroyed the keyboard and mouse quik lunch butons driver or may be it was an eror becouse I had an whirles usb mouse and keyboard connected to my notebook So now I'm trying to upgrade to a superior version and using a designed for my type of Can I upgrade from vista home premium to 7 ultimate? notebook I what to know if I must have my wirles mouse and keyboard usb device conected to the notebook in the instalation proces and can I upgrade from boot menu or I only must upgrade from vista desktop and allsoo do I need to move anything from Documents folder or there will be saved during upgrade I already run the upgrade advisor and it says that I can upgrade to ultimate but on soome microsoft videos pepole said that vista home premium must be upgraded to home premium busnies to profesional and ultimate to ultimate

A:Can I upgrade from vista home premium to 7 ultimate?

Note that you can only upgrade to the 32bit version using the inplace upgrade option. IMO I would do a clean install, especially if you are going to be using the 64bit version... Good Luck... ;

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/71586-can-i-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 81.27%

In Computer Properties, there is an option allow upgrading Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. Could any body give me ideas about this? Is it free? Does it influence installed softwares? I mean, will we lose all of them when we do upgrade?

A:Upgrade Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate

vuongtutruc,

Windows Anytime Upgrade is just a way to order and pay for just a license (Product key number) for a version of Vista that is higher than yours. You install it from the Vista DVD you already have, but you use the new product key number you ordered instead. Yes, it can have a affect on the software and you could loose your data. I would recommend backing up anything you do not want to loose. See number 1 and 3 (which versions you can upgrage to) at this link for more information.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/search.aspx?=&qu=anytime+upgtrade

See this link to compare the different versions to what you already have.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/78828-upgrade-vista-home-premium-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Greetings Tech Support Guy, The computer I wish to purchase has Windows Vista Home Premium preinstalled, with a ticket to purchase an upgrade To Windows 7 Home Premium.
As I wish to use Windows 7 immediately (without bothering with Vista Home Premium) can you please advise, in detail, how I can delete Vista completely and install Windows 7 with minimum fuss.
All help greatly appreciated,
With Best Regards
Outofthedarkness

A:Replacing Vista Home Premium with Windows 7 Home Premium

When you get the Vista DVD, boot from it and choose Custom "advanced" installation. Then highlight the partition you want to put 7 on (preferably the Vista partition) then click "delete" (be careful which partition you choose) once the old Vista partition is deleted, be sure the new unallocated partition is highlighted and hit next to continue installing 7. Here is a screenshot, your partition structure may be slightly different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.871294/
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm in a similar situation as this guy:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008546-how-replace-vista-full-windows.html

except when I boot up my disk, I only get to the 2nd step:

2) Progress Bar:
The next screen is a more graphical progress bar indicating Windows 7 is still working in the background.

it wont go past this screen.

The same thing happens when I boot it up normally(without the disk for windows 7 home premium), only with the disk in it has the windows 7 rather than the vista look.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

A:Solved: Replacing windows vista home premium with windows 7 home premium

Hi,
You've got this thread started too http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008564-laptop-hangs-loading-bar-screen.html

Is that one now solved too? You've marked this one solved, could you explain how you solved it in case others need to solve the same problem sometime in the future?

Thanks

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacing-windows-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.1008999/
Relevancy 80.41%

Dell Inspiron 518
32 Bit System
2 Processor Cores
64 Bit Capable

S.M.A.R.T. Status OK
Win. Vista Home Premium
Intel. (r) Core (TM) 2DUO CPU E7200 @ 2.53 GHz Cores (2)
Intel (R) G33/G1 Express Chipset Family
Ram 4g
Harddrive Family 200g

I would like to Install Win. 7 Premium Upgrade over the Vista Home Premium I now have

Can you give me idea of what problems I may run into?
Like would I need new drivers?
Would I need new drivers?

A:Win 7 Upgrade over vista Home Premium any problems to expect?

This is a duplicate thread, so I've requested a Moderator to close it.

Please do NOT submit multiple threads for the same issue.

---------------------------------------------------------

I've replied to your other thread.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-upgrade-over-vista-home-premium-any-problems-to-expect.1041343/
Relevancy 80.41%

i need help and advice basically i just bought an upgrade version of vista home premium online through the MS store UK and i am currently waiting for the payment to finish processing however while waiting i have just found out you cannot create a clean install with an upgrade AND you cant use bit vista unless you're xp is bit home upgrade 64 okay, prematurely. premium bought vista i i am on xp pro but only bit so basically i hate myself for being stupid but mostly i hate microsoft for ruining what should be a straight forward upgrade system i dont know something like a previous paying windows customer being able to upgrade to vista cheap and NOT be punished anyway anger aside i want to know is there any workaround can i install a fresh clean version of bit home premium with this upgrade and IF NOT am i protected by consumer okay, i bought vista home premium 64 upgrade prematurely. rights to get a refund especially considering the order hasn't properly gone okay, i bought vista home premium 64 upgrade prematurely. through and even when it does i will not touch the download link or anything like okay, i bought vista home premium 64 upgrade prematurely. that i have already Microsoft store support regarding the issue they wont reply till monday though i have learnt my lesson and i hope i can get out of this predicament and i hope you guys can give amazing advice as you always do cheers Idris

A:okay, i bought vista home premium 64 upgrade prematurely.

Your question made me stop and think because I was able to install using vista 64 upgrade dvd over xp32,

No you cannot upgrade since its a completely different architecture. What you do is to place the dvd into the drive and reboot. It will see your xp 32 install and validate the justification for the vista upgrade. It will then do a clean install and place all of your old windows files into a folder called windows.old.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/okay-i-bought-vista-home-premium-64-upgrade-prematurely-313316.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a dell Dimension E520, the original OS was vista home premium, I upgraded to vista business, is it possible to go back to vista home premium using my original OS install disk? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Go back to vista home premium from Business upgrade??

Hello Spyblaster, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Yes, you can go back to the original Home Premium version by doing a clean reinstall with it back to factory default. You will just need to use the original product key number that you used with it before as well. It should be the same one on the sticker on the back of your computer.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217829-go-back-vista-home-premium-business-upgrade.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have just got a new computer which has 32 bit Microsoft vista home premium but6 I need 64 bit because I have 4 MB of RAM

I thought I saw a website (dabs.co.uk) that had an OEM disc the upgraded Microsoft vista home premium form 32 bit to 64 bit. It was about ?6.

Is this true or not

Can anyone help please?

A:[SOLVED] can you buy a upgrade to change from 32 bit to 64 bit vista home premium.

Well first of all you need to see if your computer is 64bit compatible. Seeing that you just got it I would think so. You said you wanna put 4"GB" of ram which 32 wont see all of.... I know that in the retail versions of Vista they usually contain a 32 and 64bit version of the OS. I also wouldn't really recommend doing an upgrade over the 32bit OS, I would just do a clean install....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-can-you-buy-a-upgrade-to-change-from-32-bit-to-64-bit-vista-home-premium-230027.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi guys,

My father has purchased a copy of Win 7 Pro 32 bit OEM.
He owns a copy of Vista Home Premium.

He wants to do an upgrade installation, but can't as Microsoft won't allow this. Assuming that a clean install is not an option, how can I upgrade him from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro.

If I borrow a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, can I do an upgrade without a CD-key, then after the upgrade is done use the Windows 7 Pro disk to upgrade that to Pro?

Any ideas? I can't return the disk and the idea of forking out more money for Ultimate just to avoid a clean install is not appealing.

Thanks

A:vista home premium to win7 pro. cant upgrade- any ideas?

you can only upgrade like for like as far as i know (home premium to home premium) so i think you will have to back up your pc and do a clean install. someone else might have a solution though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-to-win7-pro-cant-upgrade-any-ideas-437269.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys, I currently have Vista HP x64 installed on my laptop

If I buy W7 Ultimate x32 would I be able to 'Upgrade' Install or would I have to clean install?

Is it even possible to go from a 64bit OS to a 32?

Any advice would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Vista Home Premium x64 Upgrade to W7 Ultimate x32?

You would have to do the Custom (clean) install to go from 64 to 32 bit.
If you have 64bit I would stay with 64bit what issue are you having with it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-home-premium-x64-upgrade-to-w7-ultimate-x32-427326.html
Relevancy 80.41%
A:Vista Home Premium Upgrade Media Not Detecting HDD

Hello AlOnan,
I missed this post, have you got this sorted yet ?.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/275002-vista-home-premium-upgrade-media-not-detecting-hdd.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi im trying to upgrade my vista home premium to vista ultimate However although the upgrade advisor sees no issues the upgrade will Vista to upgrade from premium ultimate wont home not let me upgrade i can Vista wont upgrade from home premium to ultimate do a complete install but will loose all my program settings etc I get this message quot The upgrade cannot be started To upgrade cancel the installation and then choose to upgrade to a version of windows that is more recent than the one you Vista wont upgrade from home premium to ultimate are currently running quot How can I upgrade to more recent version st when that is what i am trying to do I checked in microsoft and they report that i need to uninstall SP I was able to uninstall SP from add remove but i cant find SP So can anyone tell me how to find it some of the methods Vista wont upgrade from home premium to ultimate in the microsoft article are to advanced for me Heres my specs Computer System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model M L-S P Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Version Build Number Install Date Install Directory C Windows Locale English en - United Kingdom GB DirectX version DirectX Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model M L-S P vx x Bios Manufacturer Award Software International Inc Model F Release Date Processors AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor AuthenticAMD Max clock speed GHz Socket Socket M Version Model Stepping Memory Total Current Physical Memory GB Total Current Virtual Memory GB Maximum Memory Capacity GB Memory Devices Type DDR- - Speed MHz - Capacity GB Type DDR- - Speed MHz - Capacity GB Type DDR- - Speed MHz - Capacity GB Video Devices Radeon X X Series Resolution x Colour Depth Bits Refresh Rate Hz Radeon X X Series Secondary Resolution x Colour Depth Bits Refresh Rate Hz Sound Devices Logitech Mic Communicate STX Realtek High Definition Audio M PCIe PAL SECAM DVB-T Desktop TV Tuner Video Capture

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-upgrade-from-home-premium-to-ultimate-472236.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All I had a nice network Vista Upgrade! Failure Premium recent Home after Network set up allowing my Laptop Vista Home Premium Network Failure after recent Upgrade! and Main PC to communicate both ways and transfer Video recordings from my Main to Laptop to play on the main Vista Home Premium Network Failure after recent Upgrade! TV running as a PC Monitor Come the Vista Home Premium Network Failure after recent Upgrade! most recent set of Upgrades and Fixes last week I found that my network had died Luckily I subscribe to Windows Secrets and last week they listed this Tech Net Article on DHCP Article ID - Last Review June - Revision Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers I have done this register change on both PCs Now whereas the Laptop connected via Wifi and Netgear DG G Router can see all the Shared Folders on my Main PC the Laptop still remains invisible to my main PC It won't ping its IP The router knows it's there but cannot get its name I also have an older XP machine connected to the net and that is visible to the Main PC but invisble to the laptop The Netgear is definetly set up as DHCP server and ipconfig confirms it on both machines Can any wise networking guru out there suggest where I look next It seems that both machines have additional network adaptors in the Register with IP settings which won't ping Can I delete these safely from the Register All machines have the same Antivirus protection Kaspersky Internet Protection and it did all work before Thanks in advance for any help

A:Vista Home Premium Network Failure after recent Upgrade!

What firewalls do you have running on the machines, are they blocking things ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/198533-vista-home-premium-network-failure-after-recent-upgrade.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Trying to clean install from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit both Home Premium. I put the Win 7 DVD in the tray, shut down the computer, restarted with hard button and nothing happened. It rebooted into Vista. Opened DVD drive and double clicked on setup.exe and got the following message "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."
How do I get Windows 7 to install?

A:Trying to upgrade from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit both Home Premium

You'll need to select the DVD drive as the boot option in BIOS. Read through Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370909-trying-upgrade-vista-32bit-win7-64bit-both-home-premium.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am trying to connect to two computers that are connected to a Linksys Router using Remote Assistance on a Vista Home Premium Machine. I get the error message that the person you are trying to help may have closed remote assistance. I get the same message when trying to connect to either machine. I am guessing the problem is with a setting in the router, but I don't know what setting.

A:Remote Access from Vista Home Premium to Vista Home Premium and XP Home Edition

You should forward the ports on the router to the IP Addresses of the machines, that you want to connect to. On Symantec PC Anywhere, it is ports 5631 and 32, on Windows remote desktop connection it is port 3389 that needs to be forwarded.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/140798-remote-access-vista-home-premium-vista-home-premium-xp-home-edition.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello Folks Firstly i would like [SOLVED] 7 7 Premium to Windows x64 Home x64 Premium upgrade Windows How to to appologize if i've post in wrong section or there's a similiar problem posted already i already search for similiar question but didnt found any I did some google search also with no luck Here's my story I've purchased an Acer Laptop [SOLVED] How to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Premium x64 last year it came shipped with Windows Home Premium and i've been using this OS until now I really like this OS this is the best OS i've ever tried but now i feel like upgrading to Windows Professional x So lets say if i have already purchased a copy of genuine Windows Professional x how do i install it Just insert the Installation Disc and it shall prompt me with upgrade menu Or Do i need to boot from CD-ROM and run installation from there Lets say if i can just run installation by inserting Installation Disc and click quot Upgrade To Windows Professional quot will it 'overwrite' my current documents User Settings Themes Gadgets These settings are important for me i wish to keep them untouched if possible This is question Question What will happen to my previous Windows Home Premium x licence if i decided to upgrade When i bought this laptop they dont give me any installation disc so i cant re-install this OS Question What will happen to my Ms Office licence As far as i know once we activate the copy and register at Microsoft which i already did It cannot be activated twice Question Application like Egistec - WinLocker NTI Backup Now Softwares Bundled i'm wondering if they still can be used after upgrade Will the licence valid Thanks so much for your feedback it'd be greatly appreciated And sorry for my broken english

A:[SOLVED] How to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Premium x64

Hi and welcome to TSF the info on upgrading should be here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-how-to-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-x64-to-windows-7-premium-x64-541225.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I had a copy of Ultimate laying around from to Home after longer upgrade Outlook Vista no Ultimate 2007 working Premium the house and decided for some stupid reason to upgrade the OS yesterday It's been a nightmare After hours I've reinstalled many many programs and have been able to get the to launch all of Outlook 2007 no longer working after Vista upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate them with the exception of Outlook I've searched for a solution and have had no luck following a solution to the problem I'm encountering I'm getting Outlook 2007 no longer working after Vista upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate the following error message gt gt gt Cannot open your default e-mail folders An unexpected error has occured MAPI was unable to load the information service mspst dll Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured lt lt lt I have successfully used Outlook for the past months on my home PC The problems I am encountering began immediately following the upgrade to Ultimate bit--I thought I'd have less problems with drivers going bit route than trying I am hoping to salvage my contacts and calendar if at all possible I have them backed up on an external drive but it's not current about weeks old I see an Outlook pst in Windows old but I cannot open it I've had to reinstall Office Ultimate and I have run repair three times All the Microsoft Windows Ultimate updates are installed Not sure if this is related but the Office Ultimate Disc will not install properly Any help is appreciated

A:Outlook 2007 no longer working after Vista upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate

This problem was solved. I will detail the steps in case they may help anyone else who has a problem with installing Office after upgrading their OS.

Solution:

Uninstall OfficeClean the registry...I used cc Cleaner and cleaned up 30 items from the registry.RebootCustom Reinstalled Office 2007 and selected "Run All From My Computer" (not sure if this was a necessary step but again, it worked for me)Rebooted and viola everything including Outlook worked.One final step to configure Outlook; I had to import the PST file that was in the AppData Folder (must unhide hidden folders to see AppData) located in
C: Windows.old>>Users>>User Name>>AppData>>Local>>>Microsoft>>>Outlook. Note Outlook is a pst file. For whatever reason, Search did not turn up this file and I was a bit worried, however, trust that your old .pst file is in this directory. In my case, I didn't care about the mail file but wanted to import my contacts and calendar. There is a way to target only the items in your outlook.pst file using File>>import/export and then select import from program/file; click next and select the Personal Folder (.pst) near the bottom...when you get to the final screen if you don't want everything to come over (you probably do) then you can select just calendar or just contacts but only one per import. In my case I did one import for contacts, and one for calendar.

If you have this problem or a similar one, I hope this helps or helped you.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/255667-outlook-2007-no-longer-working-after-vista-upgrade-home-premium-ultimate.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium x86 and I want to DualBoot!!! Tell me: can I do this?? If I can, tell me how!!!

A:Can I DualBoot Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Vista Home Premium??

Well to do this you would need two product keys. Since you can only use one key on one installed system, to dual boot two vista OS you would need a seperate product key for each one, if you have two keys all you need are two seperate partitions to install them on.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/271141-can-i-dualboot-windows-vista-home-premium-windows-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i had windows 7 home premium 64 bit(original) on my laptop but then someone installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bits(pirated) i want my original windows back and i just have the product key written on the back of my laptop
plzzzz help me ASAP...

A:how to upgrade to windows 7 home premium

What make of notebook? It should have a Restore partition on the drive. It should of also had some type of utility to create a set of system disks but that may be gone now.

In any event you can download the correct version from My Digital Life website and use your key on that sticker to reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253040-how-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I recently bought a laptop with windows 7 home premium x64. Can this be upgraded directly to Windows Ultimate x64?

A:Upgrade from windows 7 home premium

If you've never used Windows 7 before, you might want to become familiar with Home Premium first before spending an extra $140.00 or so to upgrade to Ultimate.

You might also want to consider if you really need all the additional features in it.

You should be able to upgrade directly from Home Premium to Ultimate.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/windows-7-upgrade-home-premium-to-ultimate.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-from-windows-7-home-premium.976652/
Relevancy 76.11%

i have windows starter and GB of RAM i am wondering what change in terms of speed and performance of my netbook will it bring if any when i upgrade to windows home edition or etc cause i dont want the overall speed to be any slower what i mean is if i upgrade to a whole windows version there'll be more work to do and plus there'll be more software i would be installing like microsoft office is currently installed does not run on starter so more work lesser speed right the overall performance would be slower than before already to premium or Upgrade 7 Windows any other home sometimes the RAM usage out of GB is GB when a little more work is being done at a time like using the browser with more tabs and stuff not always is it that high just wondering if the windows was full then Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other the RAM usage would be more resulting in lesser speed and performance the question is Is the theory above true or there are differences Can i upgrade and be happy And what about upgrading to windows - gt the start button on my netbook has the windows logo its a new netbook Acer Netbook - GB RAM Intel Celeron Processor

A:Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other

Hi junior

Take a look at the link below . It might help you with your decision making

Difference Between Windows 7 Starter and Home Premium

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/285793-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-any-other.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello All I just bought a new laptop with Windows Home Premium SP and ran Windows upgrade advisor to find out whether I can upgrade to W Pro or not As per W advisor I can upgrade to either -bit Windows Professional or Ultimate with Windows Anytime Upgrade Here is the questions I am looking for -bit W Pro upgrade dvd in case my laptop crashes in future and then I find out that my recovery dvds are useless I came to know that all versions of W are pre-installed and when you buy an upgrade you just get an upgrade key and not dvd I am NOT sure if this upgrade key will work once or always - to DVD Windows Home SP1 Pro Premium Upgrade 7 64-Bit W7 hence I want an upgrade version which comes with a dvd So what upgrade version shall I buy if I want DVD If the upgrade key can work more than once and this is a BIG If then probably I do not need this upgrade with dvd and pray that recovery dvds are not useless So is upgrade key valid for more than once installations Thanks a LOT nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,
i have purchased an windows 7 Home premium CD from India and was using fine.recently i shifted to Qatar,and unfortunately my lap got crashed and i upgrade windows using CD,Now when I try to activate I got error message,that product key you entered is associated with other region..Any body please help me to get from this.I have purchased the genuine one and still helpless....

A:windows 7 Home premium upgrade..

shanishp

I posted for some assistance.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/133429-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I am new to this, don't even know if I have the right forum? I have a HP computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit installed when I had it. My problem is that I can not get the thing to allow me to upgrade to windows 10
I have done all the diagnostic on the pc and tried to ask HP what to do but as the computer is out of warranty They cant help me.
can I re install it some how? or will I have to bye another one. Sorry as you can see Im still learning.

610-1010uk
Serial number: CZC118G6NJ
Product number: XT100EA#ABU
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

A:windows 7 home premium and still cant upgrade to 10 ?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
If you don't know how to recover your present install I would advise not to upgrade until you do know exactly how too incase the upgrade fails

Here's a way to recover your present install if things go badly upgrading,
Imaging with free Macrium

But truth be told if you don't have a reinstall disk be prepared to buy either win-7 again or win-10 outright if you don't do the above link to create a system image and recovery cd

Both are running about 99.us for the 10 Home or 7 home premium if you shop around = Newegg/ Amazon..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/378188-windows-7-home-premium-still-cant-upgrade-10-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I bought the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade pack at christmas time to upgrade windows vista..

I recently found out i could have installed the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit

My question is Can i upgrade my 32bit Windows 7 to the 64 bit version with these upgrade disks
If so How do i go about doing this.

A:Home Premium windows 7 upgrade help

Sorry NO, x32 to x64 clean install only.

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths - FAQ
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92314-home-premium-windows-7-upgrade-help.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi : Please help I can't seem to get an answer from microsoft on product keys.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade installed on my laptop and I want to install it on desk top. I realize you need another product.
On their website they have a product key for $90 would this enable me to have Windows 7 on desktop computer, or does this just upgrade the program.
thanks for your help

A:Windows 7 Upgrade Home Premium

Just go to the store and buy a windows 7 disc (office max, office depot, best buy, walmart, tons of other stores....)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345930/windows-7-upgrade-home-premium/
Relevancy 76.11%

i have windows starter and GB of RAM i to or home Upgrade any other 7 Windows premium am wondering what change will it bring if any when i upgrade to windows home edition or etc cause i dont want the overall speed to be any slower what i mean is if i upgrade to a whole windows version there'll be more work to do and plus there'll be more software i would be installing like microsoft office is currently installed does not run on starter so more work lesser speed right the overall performance would be slower than before already sometimes the RAM usage out of GB is GB when a little more work is being done at a time like using the browser with more tabs and stuff not always is it that high just wondering if the windows was full then the RAM Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other usage would be more resulting in lesser speed and performance the question is Is the theory above true or there are differences Can i upgrade and be happy And what about upgrading to windows - gt the start button on my netbook has the windows logo its a new netbook Acer Netbook - GB RAM Intel Celeron Processor

A:Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other

Windows 8 would be a much better choice if you really want a good upgrade. Upgrading to Home Basic or Home Premium would result in needing more memory because you're already using 1.96 GB out of the 2 GB that you have installed. Windows 8 has a much smaller footprint, so it is the way to go - but only if you wouldn't mind the big change to things like the new user interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285794-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-any-other.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i using windows 7 home premium x64 sp1, so want upgrade to w7 ultimate x64 sp1..i just want to know what will happen to my installer and install driver on program file after upgrade windows.. do i need to reinstall new driver and software..Does upgrade process just only change version of windows..

A:windows 7 home premium x64 sp1 upgrade

To do what you want, type Anytime into Start Search box, choose Anytime Upgrade, insert Ultimate Product key to unlock the few extra (expensive) features in Ultimate which you should be sure you really need.

Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to - Windows 7 Forums
Compare Windows 7 Editions - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/238651-windows-7-home-premium-x64-sp1-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have Windows Home Premium amp bought the Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows Pro which upgrades to Windows Pro When I rebuild the HD it's a tad laborious to have to install Home Premium then upgrade to Pro ISO images of Windows Pro are available for download from Microsoft which allow Windows Pro to be installed as a clean build but the key for the Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows Pro does not work as it's intended for upgrade only Is there any way around having to install Home Premium st then upgrade to Pro which would allow me to install from the Pro ISO download converted into a boot DVD USB using the HP to Pro upgrade key Obviously my upgrade to Pro from Home Premium if different from buying an XP Vista to Windows upgrade so that's probably why the registry hacks rearms workarounds haven't worked If I decide to upgrade to Windows I hate to be in a situation during a re-build where I'd have to install of HP to Pro then to

A:Windows 7 Home Premium to Pro upgrade

Why do you want to reinstall?
Windows Anytime Upgrade is actually a few clicks and done in a few minutes.
What's the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/352016-windows-7-home-premium-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version HP s uk Pavilion Slimline OS Version Microsoft Windows but and Solved: Home can files Premium not see SP3 Windows on 7 Home access Vista XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Acacia MS C R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I have found many well meaning suggestions aimed at helping others like me to resolve this annoying aspect of networking between Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium Windows Vista and XP but it seems like we are all banging our heads against a brick wall I have tried every Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium suggestion I can find on other forums but still my Windows computer cannot access my XP Home or Vista machines The message I see each time I try is as follows - quot WINXP or VISTA is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions The account is not authorised to log in from this station quot You will of course appreciate that the administrator is myself I can access files and a printer on Windows from the other two computers providing I place shared files in the public folder no problem with this Before you ask Yes I have checked that all three computers have the same Workgroup Name Yes I have got Network Discovery turned on Yes I have turned on file and printer sharing Yes I have turned off Password protected sharing and tried it turned on Yes I have set my network location to Work network Yes the computers I am trying to access do show in my network window each and everyone of them can be pinged from each other I even have a little utility called Wireless Network Watcher that shows that the IP addresses MAC addresses and each computer by name can be seen on the network I think I have exhausted all channels now but if there is something you think I ve missed do let me know Incidentally I even forked out some of my hard earned pocket money on a downloadable manual on the subject The author gave me days to prove his manual wouldn t help and after many emails containing screenshots of all the pings and error messages he conceded that he was baffled and couldn t be of further assistance He graciously refunded my money Phew Please someone spare me from tearing out what hair I have left nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-can-see-but-not-access-files-on-xp-home-sp3-and-vista-home-premium.1011107/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 5535 laptop. It has Windows Vista Home Premium (WVHP) installed.

The computer came with a number of programs that I am not interested in having on my system. In addition, I was not provided a restore disc. I do own a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic (WVHB).

I would like to keep WVHP as I appear to be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 7 . . . but I would like to reinstall to get rid of all these worthless programs. Can I use a WVHB disc with my new WVHP product key?

Could I install WVHB with the WVHB product key, then use the WVHP key supplied by Acer to upgrade?

Thanks for your time in answering my question. I hope it isn't unclear.

Thanks,

Jeremy

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Key Home Basic Discs

I believe that if you install with the Basic disc the process will offer you a choice
of versions. Choose Home Premium and complete the install. Activate with your
Acer's Vista Product Key.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239940-windows-vista-home-premium-key-home-basic-discs.html
Relevancy 75.25%

my friends bought a notebook acer extensa and the OS installed was windows vista home basic.unfortunately he encountered viruses that kills the windows...he reformat he replace the windows vista home premium..since he dont have the windows recovery...the notebook works but he encountered some problems like the desktop display is too dark..well ofcourse from 64 bit turns to 32 bit colors...and the ethernet doesnt work anymore..he did try to download the drivers but when he run the driver its error...he also updated the hard ware but still didnt work...does it need to upgrade also the bios or any suggestion pls...thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-basic-to-vista-home-premium.906099/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all,
I have 2 laptops one which is a 32bit and the other which is a 64 bit. Now is there any POSSIBLE WAYY that i can upgrade to W7 on both of my notebooks? ( both notebooks current run factory installed Vista Home Premium in respect with its bit architecture) Any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

A:Windows 7 home Premium Upgrade question.

Hello HPX,

Yes, you can upgrade both of them to either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Ultimate. You will need two copies to have two product key numbers, or you can get a Windows 7 "Family Pack" that includes 3 product key numbers. Plus, you would only be able to do a upgrade from 32-bit to 32-bit and 64-bit to 64-bit, not 32-bit to 64-bit or 64-bit to 32-bit.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30817-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-question.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm quite sure this is not illegal since the upgrade is automatic and happens without a choice.

I had starter on my netbook and tried upgrading it by using the app on the OS itself but failed.

One day I was searching for TV tuners and came across Media Portal. During the course of the installation it tells you it is better to have windows aero enabled for "tear" effects. I dismissed the dialog and installed it.

I check the OS later and voila it's upgraded, apps such as windows media center and all games like chess titans etc came out of nowhere. Also all the themes etc. I checked SYSTEM and found the OS name changed to home premium from starter.
Try it !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-to-home-premium-upgrade.1071727/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi Guys,
I'm after purchasing the downloadable upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium, but when I clicked on my downloads folder to install it, it wouldn't open. I downloaded this version last month on to my laptop without any real problems. My PC is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo L with Windows Vista SP 2 installed on it. Can anyone help?

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Version

Can you be more specific as to what you purchased and downloaded and what exactly happens when you try to open or run something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-version.888254/
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm running an Anytime Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro on a Dell XPS16. The installation has corrupted files that I have been unable to fix through the SFC utility or other means. I'm thinking my most desirable option would be to use the Home Premium installation CD that came with the laptop to do an "Upgrade" (repair) installation. However, my understanding is that because I upgraded from Home Premium to Pro, my only option, at this point, is to do a Custom installation, which will wipe out my applications and settings. Is that the case? Any advice would be much appreciated.

A:How to repair Windows after Home Premium to Pro upgrade

Thought windows anytime upgrade died a while ago, what exactly do you need advice on ?

Have you ever done a clean install ?

Clean Install Windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Did the corrupt files start after the upgrade ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372537-how-repair-windows-after-home-premium-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 75.25%

i am in the works on my new rig and my dumba-- bought windows upgrade without knowing it and tried to install it on my new hard drive so i was wondering since it needs vista to upgrade from is it possible to place my old hard drive from my vista computer and place it on my new motherboard and install the upgrade disk or am i going to have to buy the OEM?

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit UPGRADE issue

If your new motherboard supports the old drive, you should be able to put it in. You will most likely need to boot up fully into Vista and let it find the new drivers for the motherboard first, or download and install them yourself. It's been awhile since I've swapped HDDs from mobo to mobo, but I am pretty sure you will need your chipset driver for your new motherboard..maybe get all of your peripheral drivers ready just in case..

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/140548-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-upgrade-issue.html
Relevancy 75.25%

We are getting a new Dell Vosrto desktop computer Our only options were with bit versions of Windows like all manufacturers upgrade Windows bit Premium a pro Can install 64 on 32 Home 7 bit you now I know I will have problems with some older programs like Photoshop CS and want to install the bit version that will come in the Professional upgrade that we plan to upgrade to Since we will never increase the memory to the level of needing the Windows bit I am certain that the bit version is much better fro us My questions is can we install the bit version from the Professional upgrade in place of the bit Home Premium with comes preinstalled I would do this from the very beginning so we wouldn't have installed any of our software yet I don't think there is any bloatware form Dell that we will want I will make the recovery copies of the bit OS first and then hopefully upgrade to the bit Professional Things are quot tight quot and hopefully will not have to purchase a full version of Professional

A:Can you install a 32 bit Windows 7 pro upgrade on Home Premium 64 bit

Clean in install only:
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

But you could upgrade to Pro & use XP mode for older app's
Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup

No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/168646-can-you-install-32-bit-windows-7-pro-upgrade-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Samsung Netbook which came with Windows 7 Starter and I am finding that I miss the extras of Home Premium Retail which installed on my Desktop PC. I have the Home Premium installation disk which I used, but as far as I am aware it is a single use licence.

The Anytime Upgrade is available on the Samsung, but at a cost of ?70 from M$.
Is anyone aware of a more cost effective (legitimate) method?

Having Googled for it, I come up with this:
Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade, Starter to Home Premium (Licence only): Amazon.co.uk: Software.
Anyone know of anywhere better?

A:Upgrade Windows 7 Starter to Home Premium

Yes, buy the home premium family family pack- you'll spend more initially but you'll get 3 retail licenses @ about $50 each.

If you do decide to do that, save an image of your starter install first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147171-upgrade-windows-7-starter-home-premium.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all I plan on doing some hardware upgrades at the end of the year however I am concerned about the OEM EULA this is what I will be upgrading to x Corsair W CX Series V PSU - x SATA x PCI-E x Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR Mhz CL V Non-ECC Unbuffered x Corsair Carbide R Case x AMD FX- Black Edition Core Ghz Socket AM MB L Cache Retail Boxed Processor x ASUS Crosshair V Formula FX Socket AM Channel audio ATX Motherboard Will this be considered a new pc and when I do get this upgrade will I then be able to upgrade my graphics card from a Upgrade 7 Home x64 Oem: Premium Hardware Concerns. Windows to a at a later date When or if I need a new windows also if I do need a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns. new copy can I keep my one I have on my hard drive but Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns. buy a new CD key off of Microsoft Many thanks Ben just in case you needed it here is my system specs x AMD Phenom ii X t Ghz Processor Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns. x Sapphire HD Graphics Card x MSI A-G Motherboard x G-Skill GB x GB DDR mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit x Artic w PSU x Seagate Barracuda gb HDD

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns.

Quote: Originally Posted by MiniB3N

Hi all,

I plan on doing some hardware upgrades at the end of the year, however I am concerned about the OEM EULA this is what I will be upgrading to:

.1x Corsair 600W CX Series V2 PSU - 6x SATA 2x PCI-E
.2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 1.5V Non-ECC Unbuffered
.1x Corsair Carbide 400R Case
.1x AMD FX-6 6100 Black Edition 6 Core 3.3Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
.1x ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX Socket AM3+ 8 Channel audio ATX Motherboard

Will this be considered a new pc, and when I do get this upgrade will I then be able to upgrade my graphics card from a 6870 to a 6970 at a later date, When or if I need a new windows 7.

also if I do need a new copy can I keep my one I have on my hard drive but buy a new CD key off of Microsoft?

I think that would be considered as a new PC, due to the new motherboard. I don't think the video card is a problem.

You will likely have to buy a new key from Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213788-windows-7-home-premium-x64-oem-hardware-upgrade-concerns.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm ttrying to get the Windows 10 Upgrade, but after going through some help screen, It's telling me that my product is not eligible for an upgrade.

I'm just wondering why that is. I have Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium SP1 that I purchased with a new HP Pavilion desktop computer. I have a product key. why isn't this eligible for W 10? Any ideas?

thanks,
Carl

A:Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium SP1 Product Not Eligible for Upgrade?

Hello and welcome Carl I don't know exactly why but it does recommend you remove any security suites from the machine before you go ahead.

My own personal experience is that one of my desktops upgraded from an OEM Home version I put on but my Toshiba laptop upgraded but would not go past build 10074 and kept asking me to activate it so it could be purely down to glitches or bugs in the system.

By the by how did you get the 10 as I downloaded the ISO and then loaded it from booting from the DVD? As I said I had an OEM clean install to get rid of all the Toshiba crapware - maybe the HP stuff could be causing the problem/s.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378143-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-sp1-product-not-eligible-upgrade.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I made a similar thread a while ago but I figured it would be best to start a new thread instead of bumping the old one Due to the student price for Windows it is highly likely that I will be buying Windows though I will not be ordering it until Windows is actually on shelves as I would prefer a hard copy My desktop has Athlon X dual core 7 Windows regarding Home Premium Questions Microsoft Upgrade process it is a AMD Athlon X I believe don't remember the exact number I have a few questions Would an upgrade to Windows x merit a clean install would x merit one Questions regarding Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade What would be the main differences between the two other than that I would be able to add more RAM with x I have heard I will driver issues with most things if I use x is this Questions regarding Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade true Also how many licenses does one purchase i e would I have to buy a second copy for my laptop

A:Questions regarding Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

first thing 1st http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx to make sure you have anything.

secound with the 32 and 64 part read http://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-64...-bit-t484.html <--- basicly 64 need more ram and more computer space and doesnt increase the speed by much i think

last: more upgrade or purchase with be 1 licenses for 1 computer only inleast you buy more licenses

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/questions-regarding-microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-415523.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Greetings, I have a retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Upgrade that I am trying to find a way to slipstream all the updates after SP1 into. I've found information about using RT 7 Lite to slipstream and WUD to get all the current updates however I don't know which options to select in WUD and RT 7 Lite gives me the error "Please Select A Valid Windows 7 Operating System" when I try and select the original image copied to my computer by the software. Any help or guidance on this would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

A:Slipstreaming Windows 7 Home Premium-SP1 Upgrade Problems

Update 7 installation media - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317365-slipstreaming-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-upgrade-problems.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have somebody who was asking me for help upgrading their Vista system to Windows 7. They bought the OEM copy of Windows 7 and instead need a copy of Windows 7 64-bit home premium upgrade. They intend to return it as luckily the packaging hadn't been opened.

The question is, where can I purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, either Upgrade or Retail, whatever will allow the easy upgrade option instead of overwriting everything?

A link to a reputable site or mail-order business that ships to the Chicago Suburbs would be appreciated.

Oh, the computer in question does NOT have a touch screen, and Windows 8 is probably unsuitable for that system. It might work OK if she bought a touch screen, but does not want one. She's just interested in Windows 7 Home Premium.

All I can find on Amazon and Tiger Direct are OEM copies.

A:Where to purchase Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium retail or upgrade?

Personally I'd go for a clean install as opposed to upgrading from Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329040-where-purchase-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-retail-upgrade.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi guys,

I currently have windows 7 home premium 64 bit edition on my desktop. I get a copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit disc with legal key from my university for a student special. How can I upgrade? I was redirected to windows anytime upgrade during the installation. But my windows 7 professional x64 product key was not accepted there. I already have lots applications installed so I don't want to do a clean install. Any suggestion? Thanks!

A:Upgrade from windows 7 home premium to professional from disc

Quote: Originally Posted by apexapex

Hi guys,

I currently have windows 7 home premium 64 bit edition on my desktop. I get a copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit disc with legal key from my university for a student special. How can I upgrade? I was redirected to windows anytime upgrade during the installation. But my windows 7 professional x64 product key was not accepted there. I already have lots applications installed so I don't want to do a clean install. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Your original installation may have an "OEM" license and your pro license may be retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/202483-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-professional-disc.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade in 2009 in Fort Myers Fl. I returned home installed it and used it for several months but the PC failed and was returned to Costco where it was sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishing.

My question is am I able to re-use the Windows upgrade on another PC?

Thank you in advance.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade - Quick Question

These links should be helpful to you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-quick-question.1032785/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I am going to buy an Acer Aspire One Netbook with Windows XP Home.

Can I get a discounted upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium?

Also, what is the OEM version? It seems to be about half the price of the regular versions.

Relevancy 73.53%

Having read some threads I am under the impression I won't have to purchase another copy of windows but I was wondering what I will have to do in order to continue using the same copy of windows.

Some people have indicated that I will need to contact Microsoft but I couldn't determine if they meant the automated phone number used to activate Windows or if was another number?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a well answered question elsewhere.

A:Motherboard/CPU upgrade with Retail Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I have used the same copy of windows 7 through around 3 motherboard changes and cpu changes.

On 2 occasions I have had to activate by phone, and you just simply follow the instructions on your pc screen and via the automated phone. Takes a few mins at most.

Edit: And welcome to seven forums McRask

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185185-motherboard-cpu-upgrade-retail-windows-7-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So I recently bought a product key for Windows Anytime Upgrade, so I can get rid of Win7 Starter on my netbook and get Windows 7 Home Premium. I start the Anytime Upgrade software and it works great, but fails as the upgrade gets around 90%, at which the upgrade process "fails" and restores the OS to Windows 7 Starter. I've looked at a few guides that gave solutions, but I've had no luck. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this working?

The only thing I can find in the upgrade log that looks suspicious is:

Error: WAU | Failed to create WAU event due to error 0x5

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work? Thanks.

(I will give more infos if needed)

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade Failure; Starter to Home Premium (32 bit)

Try rebooting to run it again to see if it corrects itself.

Next try a clean boot: In msconfig>Startup uncheck everything (add AV back later), then do the same in msconfig>Services after Hiding all MS services. Reboot several times to make sure nothing sneaks back in, or turn it off in its Program Preferences or Uninstall it. One more reboot, try AU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194466-windows-anytime-upgrade-failure-starter-home-premium-32-bit.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Dear Sir/Madam
I would like to upgrade my laptop from Win 7 Home Premium to higher version.   But it was either saying, the country I was in cannot purchase Windows 8, 8.1 or 10; or it give a message saying I need to run it from Window Anywhere Upgrade.  This
also failed saying "there is no upgarded.
Please can you advise?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f782686d-90c9-48ac-8e0d-2691b19961bb/unable-to-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-to-higher-version?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I've been having BSOD problems(I don't actually see a BSOD the power just goes off) ever since I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home Premium.

It occasionally happens during start-up or randomly(no specific program or website) at other times. It will also occasionally freeze and then I need to reboot.

I'm new at this and not tech savvy so hopefully I've included all relevant information. If not please be kind.

My System:

32 bit
Original O/S: Vista(came pre-installed)
Windows 7: Upgrade Version
System hardware is about 4 to 5 years old
Age Of Windows 7: I upgraded to 7 about 3 months ago

A:BSOD after upgrading from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home Premium

No DMP included...

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229809-bsod-after-upgrading-vista-home-premium-7-home-premium.html