Windows Support Forum

Menus keep closing, windows refreshing

Q: Menus keep closing, windows refreshing

For some reason certain programs are malfunctioning. If I try to click on any drop down menu the menu will automatically close and the border of the current window is constantly flashing.

The programs I've found this to be happening so far are Outlook, Windows Explorer, and the start menu.

Any ideas? I've updated windows as much as I can to see if that'll do it but nope.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Menus keep closing, windows refreshing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Menus keep closing, windows refreshing

Lets start with the biggest potential problem

Run a thorough Virus scan.

Download and use malwarbytes and report back.

In addition tell us what may have happened to cause the problem.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270090-menus-keep-closing-windows-refreshing.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Been having some strange problems on my Windows Vista laptop in the last own, menus closing their things on happening: Strange disappearing.... windows few days It s something that has happened occasionally in the past but always went away after a reboot This time I ve tried all sorts of scans clean-ups problem checks but nothing is helping It s quite hard Strange things happening: windows closing on their own, menus disappearing.... to describe but basically the computer seems to be acting as if the mouse is being Strange things happening: windows closing on their own, menus disappearing.... clicked when I m not even touching it So for example then I click the start menu Strange things happening: windows closing on their own, menus disappearing.... or right-click to bring up a scroll-down menu it flashes up briefly but then disappears Or I m running a program and a box pops up saying Are you sure you want to close this program when I haven t pressed anything In Excel I try to type something in a cell but before I ve finished typing the text disappears exactly the same happens when I m typing an address into web browser Sometimes an open window will just close on its own It s not happening all the time and even when it is happening I can still do a lot of normal stuff on the computer But once it sets in it does seem to get progressively worse Then when it gets too much and I have to restart the computer once it has rebooted it starts to make a really loud constant beeping noise and I have to press F a few times to stop the beeping and bring up that options menu safe mode etc I m not particularly computer literature and have exhausted all the ways I know to deal with problems I can t find any reference to this problem in other forum posts on here Any help would be hugely appreciated P S Not sure I ve posted this in the correct part of the forum Please let me know if I d be better off posting it elsewhere nbsp

A:Strange things happening: windows closing on their own, menus disappearing....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-things-happening-windows-closing-on-their-own-menus-disappearing.964517/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Guys How are you all I need some help please My PC is acting a bit weird since Yesterday Basically these are the problems The Windows keep flashing flickering If I try to to do something like rename a file it will just escape I can t move Windows around the screen it just goes back to where it was If I use start menu and click on any other menu it just closes Folders keep scrolling to the top Its like a button is stuck or something menus flashing Windows windows, -- closing 7 I have Windows 7 -- flashing windows, closing menus checked my keyboard and also unplugged my keyboard and it made no difference This problem once occured to me in the past around months back but I never managed to sort it out back then either Although I did a complete fresh install a few weeks Windows 7 -- flashing windows, closing menus after the problem At first I thought it was a PSU fault but then remembered I just bought and fitted Windows 7 -- flashing windows, closing menus a new OCZ PSU around weeks ago Higher Watts then I originally had so not a problem of not enough power I have just done a fresh Install a few days ago Monday and do not want to do it all again I do not think its a Windows Issues I have been tried a few things and nothing worked I thought maybe a system restore would work which it did until I shutdown the computer and when I came back and switched it on the problem was back I changed my Power Plan to High Performance use advanced setting disabled USB auto suspend I thought it maybe due to some new Program installed but nothing apart from the essentials have been installed at this point Avast Comodo Adobe Reader Revo Uninstaller CCleaner Malaware Bytes iTunes QuickTime Windows Updated Photoshop Done a quick scan on Malaware Bytes and Avast nothing found I have tried unplugging the keyboard and mouse and plugging in the the touch function of my monitor and it made no difference Could it be a hardware issue As its happening after months Im unsure if that could be the case Although a USB drive which was lost for sometime has been found and plugged in to check contents Yesterday Could the USB drive be the issue Can someone please please help me The problem is really annoying can t rename files or use start menu etc nbsp

A:Windows 7 -- flashing windows, closing menus

I managed to sort it out, it seems it was my Graphics Card drivers, Windows Update option updates had newer drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-flashing-windows-closing-menus.179866/
Relevancy 63.21%

So when I open the control panel I can only access certain menus. The ones I cant open mainly are User Account Controls, System and Performance Information and Tools. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

A:Control Panel menus closing right after being opened

Hello AJ001,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

I would suggest running a virus scan, spyware scan, and malware scan.
This type of problem seems to be comonly associated with those type of infections.

Hope this helps,
Ben

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195857-control-panel-menus-closing-right-after-being-opened.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Dear all i think i mistakenly downloaded daemon tools or sthg that was constantly sounds refreshing, (advertisement), refreshing noises hear n background not daemon tools now my newly bought PC is infected with some adware PLZ HELP mei hear hear background noises advertisement n sumtimes u kan c the hear background noises (advertisement), constantly refreshing, n refreshing sounds refreshing loading thingk gonig on n the refreshing sounds and now my programs start to forcefully shut down by theirown what is happening here is my hijack listLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows hear background noises (advertisement), constantly refreshing, n refreshing sounds Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Windows wincme exeC Windows jennal exeC Windows hong exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC WINDOWS starwood exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS wincme exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program F... Read more

A:hear background noises (advertisement), constantly refreshing, n refreshing sounds

anyone?!!!! please!!!==========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224353/hear-background-noises-advertisement-constantly-refreshing-n-refreshing-sounds/
Relevancy 51.17%

I use Win7, when i try to open a program using a desktop icon, i often get two or three windows; I am unable to use drop-down menus (I click and it blinks there for a second and then disappears if I move the cursor) when i try menus that have scroll-down options i cant use the mouse. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-drop-down-menus-other-menus-and-click-openening-programs.960557/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am creating a web page using Frontpage. I have a navigation bar that when you click on link, it takes you to the first page of that category, then displays the sub menus in the navigation bar.

Does anyone know how or where I can find script to create a rollover effect which will display the sub-menus to the side of the link, without having to actually go to a new page? Is this feature a javascript function? If easier to show, please refer me to sites that do this effectively so I can look at the code.

Thanks very much!

A:Slide on Menus/Sub-menus - Javascript?

Hi bench,
I am also using FP 2002 to make my website. I foudn some menu codes at www.dhtmlcentral.com .
I havedownloaded xara from www.scriptfx.com This has add ins in FP that can help create menu.
Iam myself a beguinner.
If you have any ideas on menu/navigaion-I will appreciate your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slide-on-menus-sub-menus-javascript.176644/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I drag/move Win Explorer window it leaves a trail of black rectangles until dragging stops.
Is also happening with portable text reader Metapad.

"Printscreen" does not capture problem.

Would appreciate any help, thank you

A:app windows not refreshing

It could be the monitor going bad. Any other problems in full screen mode? Like games or youtube?
You could try a simple diagnostic test for video...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306369-app-windows-not-refreshing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I purchased my computer I bought Windows 8 64 bit OEM. So my computer came preinstalled and I didn't get a disc (with OEM you don't get a disc right?). Anyway, I want to refresh my computer but it asks me to insert a disc and I have upgraded to Windows 8.1.

I read some of the guides on refreshing without a disc but they say you need a retail key not an OEM key. Am I pretty much screwed and have to go buy a retail key if I want to refresh my OS?

A:Refreshing Windows 8.1

Follow directions here: Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

Shows you how to download a legal copy of Windows 8, no key required for the download.

See here for how to do a Clean Install of Windows 8/8.1: Clean Install - Windows 8

It will use the key embedded in the BIOS so you will not have to enter one.

Make sure you backup any data you don't want to lose before you do this.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56800-refreshing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running Windows 8.1. Originally I had Windows 8 installed on my machine and I updated to Windows 8.1. I have files that are corrupted and I intend refreshing my PC but the process involves inserting the installation disk. But the installation disk I have is for Windows 8. Does that mean, after refreshing my PC, the operating system will be back to Windows 8 and I will have to download Windows 8.1. all over again? And would all my settings, documents and e-mail folders all be wiped out? If so, how do I make backups of these? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:Refreshing PC with Windows 8.1

Hello Mike, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Unless you created a custom refresh image sometime after updating to Windows 8.1, then yes it'll refresh back to Windows 8.

If you are using a Microsoft account, then your personal settings are synced by default, and will be restored afterwards. Your user account and files in your "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder will not be affected by a refresh. Here's more details on what would be affected by a refresh.

Refresh Windows 8

What email program are you using? It would be a good idea to back up anything for it to be safe.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/44085-refreshing-pc-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi folks,
This is probably a stupid question, BUT, here goes.....
My Windows 7 Ultimate installation if getting sluggish to boot, it is now taking 3 to 4 minutes to get to a stage where I can work with it. Once up and running it is not too bad, but not as sharp as it used to be. The installation will be around 3 years old.

Is there any way to "refresh" this installation other that a complete re-install?

Regards,
Bob

A:Refreshing Windows 7

When Win7 is installed there should be a backup image saved of the finished install so that if it ever becomes sluggish or irreparable you can simply reimage it to the HD in 20 minutes. Your files need to be backed up separately, ideally in real time using a service such as Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with OneDrive.

If you haven't done that then you can go over the present install closely to check everything and optimize it using the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

There is a step for a Repair Install which wil reinstall the OS while keeping all of your programs, files and settings in place. But often corrupt settings can be passed back through so it is not anywhere near as effective as a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342183-refreshing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i have been trying to refresh windows 8 due to some minor problems but without luck,it sticks at 5% and if i remove the disk it says after rebooting that refreshing did not work, any suggestions please

A:refreshing windows 8

How long did you leave it at 5%?

I just did a refresh yesterday, and it did hang on 5% for a while (maybe 10-15 minutes), so be patient.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19802-refreshing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm having this serious problem right now where my windows (i.e. Firefox, Task Manager) continiously "toggle" out of them and them "toggle" back. A loading sign is seen on my screen before the window flashes for a second and re-appears. It's making tasks very difficult and I have no idea what's causing this.

Relevancy 46.44%

Windows Explorer is constantly refreshing and "blinking". So it is always pulling active window status away from whatever i am working on. Another example, when renaming files in explorer, it refreshes and reverts the name back to the original.

Machine details:
XP Pro 2002
SP 3
Dell Vostro 220
Intel Core2Duo
E7200 @ 2.53GHz

AntiVir:
Norton V18.7.1.3

A:Windows Explorer Refreshing

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484336/windows-explorer-refreshing/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I have a problem with an Acer laptop running windows 8.1. It powers up and gets to the home screen then after about 20-30 seconds the screen goes black then the home screen re-appears as if it had started from scratch. Any programmes launched in the 20-30 second period remain but anything running under windows explorer are lost. Very odd. Started out of the blue but now virtually inoperable.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593539/windows-81-keeps-restartingrefreshing/
Relevancy 46.44%

So I created a windows media recovery CD and want to refresh my PC.
Is there any thing I need to care of 1st ?
I was thinking about writing down the product key and backing up my files.
I think I forgot something.
I had some questions.
Do I need to download pre installed software if I do a refresh ? ( Like Nvidia Geforce ,MCAfee etc etc)
Do I need to enter my product key to activate my windows 8.1 again ?
Is a back up required or am I too paranoid ?
Whats the best way to back up files ? ( I don't want to forget things like internet bookmarks and other stuff)
Will a refresh affect my other partitions ?

thanks in advance

A:Refreshing Windows 8.1 Questions

Definitely do a backup first. I'd recommend doing an image backup using Macrium Reflect Free. Then if anything goes wrong you can restore the image backup and be right back to where you are now.

Image your system with free Macrium

There is no refresh capability in Windows 7 like there is in Windows 8.1 or 10. The equivalent is a Repair Install: How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64902-refreshing-windows-8-1-questions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've never had this issue up until today I manually shutdown my laptop at the log-in screen and from there all 7 Desktop Refreshing Windows my issues began When I started up my system the quot Windows Reboot Manager quot popped up which had never popped up before so I just chose Windows and it began up just fine Well once I got to the log-in page I typed in my password It was a no go and after using the keypad it worked just fine Well when I opened up Microsoft Word Windows 7 Desktop Refreshing to see what the issue was I discovered that by pressing specific number keys it would include a letter Anyways after running multiple scans updating my computer and scanning for viruses nothing availed So I went into my device manager Windows 7 Desktop Refreshing uninstalled all keyboard devices and that fixed the issues However a new issue has begun to occur which is that at times my desktop icons flicker continuously and when I open my Mozilla Firefox the pages constantly refresh In addition when I go into other programs like Word it opens a dialog box so I can't type in Powerpoint in causes whatever I'm working on to begin the slideshow and even refreshes the entire list when I open up my add remove program It's working fine now but I know eventually it will go back to the flickering causing my computer to rendered practically useless I've run all the tests I can think of and I've run out of ideas I'm fairly certain it isn't a virus since my scans show nothing Also I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials since my McAfee expired I already deleted every file related to McAfee If anyone could help me that would be great Running Windows Home Premium -bit HP Pavilion dv - cl Entertainment Notebook

A:Windows 7 Desktop Refreshing

Hi CheyenneH and welcome to SF!
If you have another keyboard handy, replace it by yours and see if the problem persists.
If it does, download Malwarebytes, update it and run a full scan. Post its results here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/161042-windows-7-desktop-refreshing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I reset windows 8 on my alienware m15x for a fresh restart but it was taking too long and got stuck a 30% so I held down the power button. Next thing It says No Operating system detected. Help?

A:Turned off PC when refreshing Windows 8

Hi,

1. Boot into Windows Recovery Environment from the installation or recovery disk.
2. Follow instructions from Step 2 down in How to restore a Windows 7-based computer to a previous Windows installation by using the Windows.old folder (applies to 8 as well).

Vadim

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29435-turned-off-pc-when-refreshing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I upgraded my wife's laptop that had windows 7 to windows 10, and while she is in windows it keeps refreshing cosing the icons on the taskbar to disappear and reappear......I ran windows update and it installed the big update that microsoft released, and it fix the problem, atleast i thought it did, but day or 2 later its doing it again...she has a dell laptop that had originally windows 7...I hope somebody can help me...Thankstimalan

A:windows 10 keeps refreshing every 30 seconds

Sounds like explorer is crashing/restarting (Just a guess). Could be conflict with an application that's not made for Win10 but works fine on Win7. See if we can narrow it down, press the Windows flag key + R and in the open run field type: perfmon /report (press enter).  Any information from the report that shows in red is an error/conflict. First thing I would look at is "Warnings" under Diagnostics Results.   Also type msinfo32 in the search box (press enter) and when the System Information screen comes up, check under "Software Environment" → "Windows Error Report" for any additional information.  What's the exact model of the Dell and or the service tag?  Forgot to add: Could be a corrupt user profile. Quickest way to check is to create a new user account and login to that. Test to see if the problem occurs with the new user. 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153846.0.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello.

When I'm moving a file from a Desktop folder and onto the Desktop, it does not actually show as having moved, even though the file itself has actually moved. Similarly, if I drag an icon to the Recycle Bin, it does not disappear from the Desktop - even though it has actually been recycled.

I know this happens because I can do a deliberate right-click Refresh, which brings it to what it should look like.

However, I need to to automatically refresh... how can I fix this?

Thanks so much.

A:Windows desktop is not refreshing.

Do a clean boot of windows to help eliminate third party software, one of them is probably causing the issue

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-desktop-is-not-refreshing-689148.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi
I have a problem with my win 8.
My windows explorer in win 8 automatically refresh itself. for instance every 30 min or 40 min.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refreshing-my-windows-explorer.1106795/
Relevancy 46.44%

My computer is out to get me and I'm sure of it. I have googled this problem but have received no help yet. For example, I am looking through my music and I will just be scrolling down, it will refresh itself all the way back up to the top and keeps doing it. The same exact thing happens with other Windows Explorer folders. If I leave my music open in windows explorer and I go to look at another task, say this browser or something, my taskbar will lock up every few minutes because windows explorer will refresh itself. It's getting unbearable lately...anything I can do? Sorry if this should've went in any other topic, but I didn't think it should've.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-refreshing.599944/
Relevancy 46.44%

http://www.howtogeek.com/132428/everything-you-need-to-know-about-refreshing-and-resetting-your-windows-8-pc/

A:Everything You Need to Know About Refreshing and Resetting Your Windows 8 PC

And from the Bleeping Computer TutorialsHow to perform a clean install of Windows 8 using Reset your PCHow to reinstall Windows 8 while keeping your data using Refresh your PCHow to create a custom refresh image in Windows 8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480517/everything-you-need-to-know-about-refreshing-and-resetting-your-windows-8-pc/
Relevancy 46.01%

I went to refresh my windows 8 computer and it was stuck on Preparing to refresh so I decided to turn it off and when I did I tried to turn my computer back on and it doesn't turn on

Relevancy 46.01%

Is there not a way you just reinstall the WINDOWS system files like you can with APPLE OS Apples OS Mackbook pro is very easy and actually just a click of a few buttons and it reinstalls the OS without having to HELP 8.1 operating system? please? Refreshing Windows reinstall any of the other software Its simple and does not take much time This question was sparked because when I upgraded to windows from it just installed the new operating system WITHOUT deleting ANY of my programs and Refreshing Windows 8.1 operating system? HELP please? actually CLEARED up some of the problems i was having with but for other reasons I had to go back to windows I now sit here contemplating reinstalling windows for the th time due to failed SSDs and some system file firewall issues that Microsoft cant figure out They tell me to do a system refresh but I don't want to have to reinstall all my programs It is also very time consuming SO guys please tell me there is a way to refresh JUST the windows operating system and registry or something vs having to do a whole clean install again I dread having to reinstall all my work and personal programs I have done all the SFC scannow and Chkdsk and dism online cleanup-image restorehealth not so sure what that does actually or where it gets the image from but I ran them and came back with no errors Anyone know if this is possible and how Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback or comments Sincerely a very frustrated Windows user edit cut out all the ramble

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello All st post on a message board of any sort so bear with me I ve searched this site and others and have found similar problems but none that have helped me solve mine My Windows desktop icons and explorer windows keep refreshing reloading every - seconds Open programs windows survive this with the exception of Control Panel which closes with every refresh but I have to click back into the previously-active window to make it active again e g I ve had to click on this window or times while writing this because the cursor disappears every time explorer resets As background I had this happen several months ago just after building this system and installing Windows At the time I used the quot refresh your PC quot option which fixed it but now I d really like to not have to reinstall of of my software The problem started today after I shut down my system to move it to a new desk I unplugged everything attached to it moved the system then plugged everything back in as it had been previously After starting the system I noticed the refreshing because the majority of my icons mysteriously moved to keeps Windows / desktop 8 Explorer refreshing my secondary display Despite un-checking quot Auto arrange icons quot they kept doing this with every refresh then stopped moving though the desktop still refreshes as I mentioned above What I ve tried so far Windows 8 desktop / Explorer keeps refreshing Complete malware scan using PC Tools AV freshly updated System restore to a point before I moved the system Updated display driver using clean install Checking Device Manager for driver or icons Going through Device manager driver-by-driver making sure all were up to date Allowing windows update to install updates Several reboots Help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd P X-UD -B Antivirus PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Has anyone ever had Windows Vista Explorer (not Internet Explorer) NOT refresh when copying or moving a file to a network share? Basically when I make a change on a network share... The change will not appear until I refresh (F5) the explorer page. Sometimes the files I copy to the share will not even appear until I refresh. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-explorer-not-refreshing.619791/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have recently refreshed my PC as a malfunction has occurred when starting it up. I chose the option to refresh my PC as it states that my files will not be lost, but I did not know my programs will be lost. Now my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 is gone which I don't have the product key to anymore and also all my songs stored in my iTunes are gone (as I don't keep a copy of my music files into my PC). This devastates me and I do not know what to do, please help me.

A:Lost programs from refreshing PC Windows 8.1

This link might help with Office-

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...5-a44500213759

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70673-lost-programs-refreshing-pc-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Is there a refresh function in Windows Explorer (Windows 8)??? I mean if you want to refresh the view? I don't seem to have it!

A:Refreshing a window in Windows Explorer

Hello Paul,

Yes, there sure is. You can press F5, or right click on an empty area in Windows Explorer and click on Refresh.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30946-refreshing-window-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just got into this since my damn Dell from 2004 toasted. Totally feels great.

I have a problem as I have this folder with a lot of .mp3 and it just keeps randomly refreshing. It takes ages to double click, it freezes up, I cannot understand why it keeps refreshing over & over.

I've moved up to just a 2 gigger..of RAM, nothin' beastly, but this is still extremely aggravating..never happened back on my XP SP2 tho I've tried googling and reports are that has happened on whatever ? Please let me know..

A:Windows Explorer keeps refreshing..and lagging :[

Quote: Originally Posted by mistamontiel

I just got into this since my damn Dell from 2004 toasted. Totally feels great.

I have a problem as I have this folder with a lot of .mp3 and it just keeps randomly refreshing. It takes ages to double click, it freezes up, I cannot understand why it keeps refreshing over & over.

I've moved up to just a 2 gigger..of RAM, nothin' beastly, but this is still extremely aggravating..never happened back on my XP SP2 tho I've tried googling and reports are that has happened on whatever ? Please let me know..

Hello !! Welcome to SF !!

What is the default program set to open those MP3 files ?? Remove that location from Search Index Index Locations - Add or Remove also i would recommend Disk Defragmenter Disk Defragmenter - Open and Use and those file avoid making them Thumb nails make them small icons that would save time refreshing Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable !!

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/92426-windows-explorer-keeps-refreshing-lagging.html
Relevancy 46.01%

with any WE window open - if I change/delete anything the window does not automatically refresh. I must hit F5 to see the correct view.

What do I need to change to fix this??

thx
bill

A:Windows Explorer Not automatically refreshing

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type regedit

Click OK.

Browse to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BDEADE7F-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}\Instance

In the right pane, double-click DontRefresh.

Change the Value from 1 to 0.
If you have a 64-bit operating system, do the same for the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{BDEADE7F-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}\Instance

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{BDEADE7F-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}\Instance

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{BDEADE7F-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}\Instance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-not-automatically-refreshing.1029209/
Relevancy 46.01%

over the last few weeks i have noticed that when I try to right click on a file (for example a picture file) or click on then try to delete a file my whole screen refreshes, closing any windows I have open. When I open the Task Manager and watch the processes list while I try to right click or delete a file I notice that explorer.exe leaves the list then returns. Any suggestions here? Just to let you know what i have already run. updated and run AVG virus scan, updated all windows updates, run and updated both adware and spybot. Any help is greatly appreciated. It is driving me mad!

Melanie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-explorer-exe-refreshing.295991/
Relevancy 46.01%

Noticed this problem began just a couple of days ago. Basically what happens is every 30 seconds or so, the icons on the taskbar turn blank and refresh themselves. The same happens with the icons on the desktop page. Have AVG security and ran a scan yet it turned up nothing. Also ran a scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it too turned up nothing.

Computer Specs (new to this so forgive me if I leave something crucial out)

Genuine Intel(R) CPU T1350 @ 1.86 GHz 933 MHz
Installed Memory (RAM) : 1.00 GB
32 Bit operating system
Been running Windows 7 Ultimate for almost a month now.

The refreshing usually doesn't take more than a second or two but every now and then windows will crash and reset itself. Also, sometimes it gets stuck refreshing itself and that is quite annoying.

Thanks for any and all help!

Relevancy 46.01%

I got to the by Lost of DATA refreshing 8... windows office yesterday and the PC which I left running and working as usually had in it's screen the common message saying the computer can't boot any device strange since the computer was running and it's a message hat appears when booting After trying to reboot it a couple of times a message saying quot kernel file is missing try advance tools quot was shown I tried to quot Lost of DATA by refreshing windows 8... refresh quot the system Anyway The thing is that after refreshing I have lost much more than the apps The apps I can retrieve It will take me half a day to Lost of DATA by refreshing windows 8... retrieve almost all of the software but doable BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DATA I have two drivers on the PC C software and D data and it looks as if my quot D quot driver had been erased or something I see it but I can't open it properties say it's empty and before being opened has to be formatted I don't get it WHERE IS MY DATA WHERE IS MY DRIVER Any help will be much appreciated

A:Lost of DATA by refreshing windows 8...

Hi there
since this in an OFFICE don't you have data backups on some server somewhere.
In any case if it's PRIVATE data you should ALWAYS have backups - it's amazing after all these years and almost DAILY exhortations about backup we still read posts of people losing and trying to recover data.

I'm amazed too that in these days of Energy efficiency that you ARE allowed to leave a PC on overnight in an office unless it's a server or doing a long running job agreed in advance with office management. Cleaners or anybody could in theory tamper with a PC - but on the whole that is relatively unlikely. Could be a Disk overheated and system crashed.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45664-lost-data-refreshing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everybody. I googled for a Windows 7 forum and found this. This is my first post.

I've been using Windows 7 7.7600.16384 x64 for a week now and I think it's great. I upgraded from a Vista x64 SP2 machine and the upgrade was surprisingly smooth, with only 1 reboot needed. My system feels more responsive and I didn't have to reinstall everything.

However, I've noticed a strange behavior in the desktop. Sometimes, when I delete a file in my desktop, the icon still remains there. The recycle bin becomes full, but the icon is still there and I can play with it and move it around, only disappearing after I press F5. This is very confusing sometimes. The problem appears after some time using the computer, not immediately after booting, and seems to solve itself after a reboot.

I would like to know if this is a known issue, and if anyone could provide a solution. Thanks in advance!

A:Desktop icons not refreshing on deletion in Windows 7

Have you disabled any services?
Or used any registry cleaners?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17482-desktop-icons-not-refreshing-deletion-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday I uninstalled opera and IObit malware fighter The uninstaller deleted relevant registry entries Since then I am having Windows not thumbnails icons/ explorer refreshing problem that - In explorer DVD Ram Drive shows correctly as drive G but on insertion of a DVD disc it would not change to the Windows explorer not refreshing icons/ thumbnails name of the inserted DVD Although when I click on the icon the correct folders in that disc are displayed - If I change the disc in my DVD drive the icon name for next new disc does not show up in the explorer but instead the name and contents of the previous disc continue to show I have to reboot the computer to view new DVD disc contents in explorer - Even then explorer after displaying new thumbnails comes up with explorer exe error memory referenced at ------- etc could not be read I have Win XP SP with all updates since My efforts F doesn't refresh and System restore Windows explorer not refreshing icons/ thumbnails didn't help Two scans by different antiviruses all clear I have cleaned the lens of DVD drive to no effect Also uninstalled and re-installed the DVD drive from device manager no good Registry cleaners- no effect I have not opened the case of my PC wires and connections are secure and in past such problem was resolved with re-installation of windows that I wish to avoid No change of memory modules was ever needed Thanks for the help

A:Windows explorer not refreshing icons/ thumbnails

Go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow and press enter. Put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-not-refreshing-icons-thumbnails-697145.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday, I started to experience constant refreshing when I had windows explorer and/or internet explorer open. I did not install any new software, I ran virus scans, ad scans, applied a few tweaks from various sites and even tried a restore back 5 days. BIG Goose egg!

I do not have any network drives because I read many posts about the desktop.ini and refreshing issue.

I'm puzzled by this one - and a bit on the side. I hope somebody can help out.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

WIN XP-SP2, all current updates

UPDATE: It issue does not appear in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-refreshing-windows-internet-explorer.391291/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was wondering if someone could help me I'm really stuck on what to do here I was running my computer perfectly normally today when I clicked on website that I use regularly and found that my browser I am using Firefox opened a completely different site I closed it immediately but found that I had windows security warnings telling me it was blocking a program At first I though I had been hit by some sort of virus as I have had problems with viruses in the past namely Windows Diagnostics I closed down all my programs and reset my computer to find that the taskbar at the bottom of my desktop kept disappearing and reappearing Explorer/Taskbar refreshing and crashing Windows every seconds or so Whenever the taskbar disappears most programs are closed along with it including Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Windows Explorer/Taskbar crashing and refreshing and Firefox I have run a virus scan using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware after using a program called rkill which helped me to remove the previous windows diagnostics virus but both programs came back with nothing I have tried using task manager to terminate quot explorer exe quot and then start the process again but the problem is still persisting It's got to the point where I can only use a small amount of programs on my computer and I have no way of downloading any software either via the internet or through a disk drive in order to solve the problem I am currently posting this from a different computer in case you were wondering Does anybody know what is going on

A:Windows Explorer/Taskbar crashing and refreshing

Hi,

Malwarebytes is a very good option but you can also scan your pc with Super anti
spyware which is free. In this case your pc seems to be highly effected by viruses. First clean all temp files run>temp, run>%temp%., it will clean all your junk files. Then use disk cleanup utility run> cleanmgr. Clear all internet explorer, mozilla firefox cookies,history,clear ssl state. Restart pc check the result. If still problem contiunes go to control panel> add/remove program plz remove any suspicious program/software which you might not sure about.

Have a good day!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-taskbar-crashing-and-refreshing-581981.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So I upgraded to windows a few weeks ago from and I'm loving the performance boosts I get while playing games desktop/moving 8.1 Windows refreshing icons? the one thing that bugs me and it happens randomly sometimes once a day sometimes never happens at all for a day or two sometimes it happens every couple hours What happens is that my taskbar will completely empty and then reload everything and my desktop will do the same desktop background goes Windows 8.1 refreshing desktop/moving icons? blank icons dissapear and then suddenly wallpaper comes back and all my icons keep shifting all over the place between my two monitors I've also noticed if I have my taskbar set to my main monitor left when it refreshes like that it forces the taskbar to move to my secondary Windows 8.1 refreshing desktop/moving icons? monitor right Anyone know what could be causing this issue I do use Start but so far searching bugs on that nothing seems to show anything similar to what I'm getting and since it's happening to my desktop and not just the taskbar I've figured it has to be something with windows My PC specs are as follows i k Gigabyte R x GB G-Skill DDR Also does anyone know how to remove this from popping up in the bottom right corners Windows 8.1 refreshing desktop/moving icons? of my desktop http puu sh Q A c bcdc jpg Also how do I disable the being able to drag the top of my desktop down and resizes my desktop so many times moving my icons around after they get rearranged and I accidentally change my desktop size gt lt

A:Windows 8.1 refreshing desktop/moving icons?

To enable or disable the Charms bar use this:

Charms Bar Hint - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47290-windows-8-1-refreshing-desktop-moving-icons.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Every time I Try To Refresh My Scores I Get A BSOD I'm Not Sure Whats Causing It So I Could Use Some Help Thanks

A:BSOD Windows 7 Index Score Refreshing

Your copy of Windows 7 is counterfeit.
Please format, install and activate Windows using a genuine product key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301176-bsod-windows-7-index-score-refreshing.html
Relevancy 45.58%

apps was removed while refreshing PC. How do I retrieve and enable apps  back to PC?

A:return apps removed while refreshing PC/ windows 8

Hi Pops, I am sorry that happened to you    -- it is actually the way the strandard Refresh program is written. The short answer:  You have to reinstall everything that is missing from your backups. The list of missing apps should be in a file located on your Desktop:  Removed Apps.htmlHow you get them back depends on what they are, where they came from, and what is needed to resintall them. About the standard Refresh procedure:Refresh your Windows 8 system from a Recovery Drive ? OEM Recovery You might like to read about how to use File History (backup and restore features) and how to create a Custom Refresh Image that will have more of what you need when you next perform a Refresh on Windows 8.  Those subjects are included in the document link shown below.  This may well be a case of "too little, too late" for this time, but you might find the information helpful later. When SkyDrive opens, look for and open the file named:Windows 8 Features ? A Quick Tour I hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? for the HP Experts who are here to help! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/return-apps-removed-while-refreshing-PC-windows-8/td-p/3047653
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I'm really having a hard time refreshing Windows a Could recovery Refreshing - envir.. find not 8.1 my laptop Before me further explaining what happened please bare with me since I'm not really Windows 8.1 Refreshing - Could not find a recovery envir.. a techie person Okay Im having issues with my laptop unwanted pop ups browsers apps wont open up when I try to open em up so basically its just not working properly so I ended up wanting to do the refresh thinking that it'll fix everything but more problems came up its giving me an error message quot Could not find recovery environment quot and I don't really know what does not mean I tried quot creating quot the quot Recovery Environment quot totally depending on google and youtube doing it but its no good cause most of the times Im just lost I tried following this thread Windows Recovery - Could not find recovery environment but still could not get the refresh working now my laptop is getting worse I cant even transfer a movie files to any external drive also there are times when I turn on my laptop im getting an error message I was not able to take note of it but its kind of about my temp files that's its invalid that sort I don't know where to start OMG I'm just really lost right now and all I wanted to do is refresh my laptop PLEASEEEEEEEEEE I need help

A:Windows 8.1 Refreshing - Could not find a recovery envir..

That linked thread is very long -- and you failed to tell us (1) how far you got into the process, and (2) what specifically did not work. So, all we know at this point is that refresh is not working on your PC.

Also, you said you tried creating your own Recovery Environment -- but you did not tell us what you changed in the process. If you repartitioned your drive and/or made changes to any existing Recovery partition, that virtually guarantees that refresh is NOT going to work.

You also said you can't transfer files to an external drive, but you did not tell us what happens when you try to do that.

My best guess at this point is that you will end up having to do the following:
1) Download installation ISO for Win8.1 and create bootable installation media for that
2) Do a clean reinstall of Win8.1 using that installation media -- losing everything in the process if you can't get transfers to an external drive or USB stick to work.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68548-windows-8-1-refreshing-could-not-find-recovery-envir.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all My Dell Inspiron was going quite slow for unknown reasons so I decided to 'refresh' it using Windows advanced start-up setting Since that time I have been unable to install Windows updates Well I can 'install' them but they won't to 'refreshing' Windows Unable updates since 'configure' l 'configure' Once installed and 'configured' I get this error message advising following Unable to 'configure' Windows updates since 'refreshing' l reboot quot Failure to configure updates Reverting changes quot The laptop then stays paralysed on that screen This only started to happen AFTER I quot refreshed quot my laptop which was running Windows pretty-much problem-free though a bit slowly until a week ago For now I have found a temporary 'fix' by disabling automatic updates otherwise the laptop is constantly stuck on the quot failure to configure updates quot error page because obviously it's automatically attempting to install updates I have done all the standard troubleshooting including running MS Fix It Dell Dr 'My Dell' found no hardware issues MS Malware removal and Mcafee anti-malware All reported quot no issues quot I have been in command prompt and found no issues I even tried to 'refresh' the laptop again two more times I have also spoken to two Windows quot technicians quot and allowed one of them to remotely access my laptop He found no issues or quot violations quot Obviously the temporary 'fix' of turning off auto-updates isn't a long term solution and 'refreshing' the laptop hasn't helped it actually caused the issue Running Windows on Dell Inspiron Any advice guys I'm guessing full format needed - Would a format resolve the issue since a 'refresh' caused it Thanks for reading

A:Unable to 'configure' Windows updates since 'refreshing' l

Have you tried system restore to a good working spot
before format you can use reset factory settings
you can try this in safemode
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...nostic.diagcab
give a boot from your DVD and give automatic repair a try

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50891-unable-configure-windows-updates-since-refreshing-l.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So this started Last night . The Programs Running IDK crashes or refreshes randomly . Its like Its running nicely then suddenly it disappears from the taskbar and from the desktop allowing me to see the wallpaper then it again slides into the taskbar . This all happens in a matter of miliseconds and its really annoying . Please help whats the problem ?

A:Solved: Windows 7 Applications keep refreshing Randomly

Are you sure it's a crash or can it be a refresh?
I'm not sure if it is a program causing explorer.exe to close and open or a program just refreshing the desktop.

I take it you have a antivirus installed?

Disable all startup programs with MSCONFIG. If it still does the same, reinstall the display drivers.

Hope this helps.
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-applications-keep-refreshing-randomly.1054037/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there After I log on Windows and the programs start loading up my computer freezes for about min and a weird click sound is heared every seconds from the Computer Case After s- m it goes back to normal runs fast and the click sound stops Now the funny thing is the exact same thing happens whenever I go right click-- gt Refresh so my obvious guess is that there's a problem when loading the programs amp services Now I believe it's either a Power Supply problem or judging by the click sound a HDD problem since I haven't changed my HDD for like - years This started happening today morning never had this problem before So what do you guys think suggest Help is much appreciated Oh yeah P S I did run Safemode amp Diagnosis Startup basic drivers amp services only and it works Windows after freezes Small 7 startup/when refreshing fine there no freezes My PC specs - Motherboard ASRock B M-DGS - CPU intel I - Ghz - GPU Nvidia Palit GTX Ti - GB of RAM MHz - HDD SAMSUNG HD KJ GB - Power Supply - Don't remember but it's something of Watts

A:Windows 7 Small freezes after startup/when refreshing

Hello valixu -Please list your computer Make and Model (if known) Also - Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Directions Here  Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503728/windows-7-small-freezes-after-startupwhen-refreshing/
Relevancy 45.15%

In Windows XP, when the menus drop down, what do you do to get the entire menu to show without clicking on the little arrows at the bottom of the menu?

A:Windows xp menus

Welcome to TSG tommy

Right Click your Taskbar
Click Properties
Click the Start Menu Tab
Click the Customize button
Click the Advanced Tab
In the Start Menu Items Window, Uncheck Scroll Programs
Click OK then Apply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-menus.141454/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does it delete (or restore to default) my synced settings in Microsoft Account if i refresh my Windows 8? I need it because i will have problems (e.g. some metro applications are crashing) if i sync back from Microsoft Account to my PC. I can disable sync for all users from Group Policy and then switch to Microsoft Account. But i want change synced data, snyc my new PC settings to my account.

Will refreshing Windows help me or is there any way to delete Windows 8 sync data in Microsoft Account?

A:Will Refreshing Windows Restore Synced Settings to Their Default?

Unless you're signed into your Microsoft account, nothing will be lost though the syncing. You can change the sync data by simply changing whatever, it'll sync up. It doesn't save to your puter, it saves the data to a cloud.

I would say refreshing would help, but if you're having issues with metro app, I've had success running sfc /scannow in command prompt.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7284-will-refreshing-windows-restore-synced-settings-their-default.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hi to all dear friends

I have an asus s200 laptop with original windows 8 on it.
recently days my windows does not open anymore and show me this message: "Preparing Automatic Repair" and after some seconds show me this message: "Diagnosing Your PC" and after some seconds show me a blue page with this caption: "Automatic Repair" and have two buttons: "shut down" and "advanced options"

in usual way when I want to reset or refresh my windows in blue page I goto troubleshot and then click on "refresh your pc" or "reset your pc"

but now when I click on these buttons show me this error:
there was a problem refreshing your pc. no changes were made.
there was a problem resetting your pc. no changes were made.

I searched in google but dont find any right solution (

A:problem in resetting and refreshing windows 8 on asus laps

from command prompt

Type> diskpart
type> select disk 0
type> list volume

you will see a lot of volumes without drive letters assigned..
Now find the 10-20GB volume #

type> select volume # (# being the volume number without a drive letter)
type> assign letter=r

type> exit (to exit diskpart)

you can now Browse thru R and find Install.wim or Install.swm(s) - those are your Factory recovery Images..

type> c:\windows\system32\Reagentc /Setosimage /Path R:\RecoveryImage /Target C:\Windows /Index 1

Assuming the install* file(s) are on "R" and in a folder called "RecoveryImage"

Note: Change "drive letter" and "folder name" to suit your system setup

Boot back into recovery and see if it will refresh

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61239-problem-resetting-refreshing-windows-8-asus-laps.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've been having an extremely aggrivating issue lately that has to do with refreshing. It started with just my browser windows refreshing in Opera, usually the second i began to type something into a text box. Now it seems to have spread to the rest of my computer because my desktop with flash rapidly and reorganise my icons, and other software has been behaving very erratically. i've run MSE, ADWCleaner, and a bitdefender disc but nothing was found. I'm at a loss here, does anyone know what could be going on?

A:Windows explorer and multiple other programs refreshing rapidly

Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free too (enable rootkit scanning - settings - detection) just in case.

Try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376777-windows-explorer-multiple-other-programs-refreshing-rapidly.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I bought an HP Omni 27 system several years ago. It came with Windows 7 installed, but was able to install Windows 8 Pro free as soon as it was released. I opted to get the CD for the OS with the system. So, I did upgrade to Windows 8. After the upgrade, one of the Windows 8 Updates took it to Windows 8.1.

I recently tried to refresh the OS and was told to insert the system disk. So I did, and got a message that the disk was invalid. Is there any way for me to get this OS to refresh without losing any programs or files? I'm kind of stumped as to how do do this, or if it's even possible.

Thanks,

Dave

A:Refreshing Windows 8.1 on an original Windows 7 system.

download and create windows 8.1 setup media and use it instead of your windows 8 CD

Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/65735-refreshing-windows-8-1-original-windows-7-system.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a virus attack post which performed a recovery with ERD Commander newer version post Microsoft acquisition I have few control panel items appearing in Czech and occasionally some window appear an windows, in boxes install Windows Few English dialog & home for are XP Czech menus completely in Czech Desktop windows firewall and network setup wizard appear in Czech This might Few windows, menus & dialog boxes are in Czech for an English Windows XP home install be a clue indicating something related to networking is corrupted The virus attack is cleaned up and extensively tested as problem free now I have checked a whole bunch of language keyboard display appearance settings I don't find anything unusual I feel the suspect areas might be Windows Symbols used during ERD commander recovery Few windows, menus & dialog boxes are in Czech for an English Windows XP home install Window Cab files used during ERD commander recovery True type fonts gt gt I notice the European fonts are not true type This might be a remote possibility Possible recovery would be to perform Win XP repair this will be my last option My default Windows XP SP installation is English Current version status build xpsp sp qfe - There isn't any information available how to correct this problem There are few threads on this subject http www adras com foreign-language t - - html http microsoft-personal-operating- Default aspx http www errorforum com -post html http www techsupportforum com f ch- htmlSo far no clear approach to resolve this problem exists It would be great if someone can crack this problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/few-windows-menus-and-dialog-boxes-are-in-czech-for-an-english-windows-xp-home-install-214711.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've been running Delorme Topo 5.0 under Windows Vista 32-bit without any problems. Topo 5.0 some time ago was also running under Windows Vista x64. After a re-installation of Windows Vista x64 I put off installing Topo 5.0. Recently after a successful installation of Delorme Topo 5.0, when Topo 5.0 is exectured there is a Topo 5.0 window without any menus and maps.

Windows Vista x64 is updated with all the latest Microsoft updates.

I haven't been able to find any help on this problem from the Delorme Community.

It appears there's some sort of incompatibility with one or more of the more recent Windows Updates, but can't off-hand think of which one(s) would effect Topo 5.0 menuing. I believe the problem may also exist with later versions of Delorme Topo as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304761-windows-x64-latest-windows-updates-installed-delorme-topo-menus.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi. For some reason, on my laptop, I can no longer see any text on the desktop, nor anywhere else. I cant see menus either. Cant access my start menu.
It is almost the same issue, as this person was having in this post:

Win7 x64: no text on desktop, can't access start menu

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this? Its really frustrating.
I even tried to boot in safe mode.. but its the same thing there too.
I cant restore.. cuz I cant see what anything says. I cant change display properties, cuz I cant see anything... PLEASE HELP!!

A:Windows 7.. no text.. no menus.. nothing

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
Has this problem just arisen? If so what did you do immediately before this happened? Are you running an up to date AV?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263025-windows-7-no-text-no-menus-nothing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

One of the the biggest problems I have with windows X is that for some reason they never seem to use a universal explorer window for opening or saving apps.

Let me explain sure if you launch explorer you get a nice windows that you can customize. However in certain programs when you do a save or open function you get the old windows menu that excludes the explorer interface and you have to dig through menus to find paths you setup.

Does anyone know of a way to make these all the same Explorer setup?

I hope im explaining it so you all can understand.

A:Why no universal menus in windows 7?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dorfdad

One of the the biggest problems I have with windows X is that for some reason they never seem to use a universal explorer window for opening or saving apps.

Let me explain sure if you launch explorer you get a nice windows that you can customize. However in certain programs when you do a save or open function you get the old windows menu that excludes the explorer interface and you have to dig through menus to find paths you setup.

Does anyone know of a way to make these all the same Explorer setup?

I hope im explaining it so you all can understand.

The only way to do this would be to update the programs in question. The "problem" comes in because a program was written to use the old-style (Windows 9x era) common dialogs, instead of being adapted to the newer styles presented in Windows XP and later Windows Vista. Application developers do this to maintain compatibility with as many versions of windows as possible.

To summarize: The only way to "fix" this is to update the applications/utilities in question to newer versions that know about the newer style dialogs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16321-why-no-universal-menus-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After the anniversary update, the start menu became crap. What are some good alternative start menu programs for windows 10, preferably one that looks similar to windows 10's but allows pinning files to the start menu.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/62454-best-start-menus-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I m having intermitent problems which are driving me nuts - I have a PC winxp Norton antivirus and have run full scan PC windows and menus jumping about and it shows no problems I ve run CCleaner The computer has been giving PC menus and windows jumping about me strange problems when I delete an email from OE it might delete the next one as well When I hit quot back quot in IE it might jump back two stages When I select a drop down menu the menu might not open or it might drop down and PC menus and windows jumping about back up in a flash This morning when booting it had a quot blue screen quot so it certainly is not happy Any ideas on how I should proceed Thanks for any help Paul Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FJ Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Ok, something has happened. When I open a program my programs don't go up and down in tile form, the are lined up horizontally and won't stay that way? They should be both horizontal and vertical like my desktop?

A:Re: Menus in Windows(disgruntled)

Not entirely sure what you're describing but you can change the view of a folder by clicking on the icon in the top right of the window. When you mouse over this button it says "Change your view." clicking it will cycle through view options, or you can click the down arrow and pick one. Alternatively you can access these options by pressing ALT (while having the folder open) this will reveal the tool bar at the top. Click on view, this where you can change what view the folder is using.

If these aren't the options you're looking for, right click on the folder and click properties. On the customize tab there is a drop down for the option "Optimize this folder for: ", pick the appropriate file type or choose "restore default" if you want it returned to how windows originally had it configured.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430515/re-menus-in-windowsdisgruntled/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys,
I've got a 64bit HP laptop runnig windows 7.
It was upgraded from Vista when 7 came out and has been perfect (literally) since.
But 2 weeks ago it started reseting the user profile etc and now the Start menu opens with nothing inside it.

I've seen the 'usual' fix for this (start menu/right click/open all users/create new folder/drag stuff into it etcetc) but unfortunately when I right click anywhere and select 'new' the menu it expands just says 'empty' and that i can't find any reference to anywhere.

If it helps, one other issue i've noticed (all connected I assume as happened at the same time) is that all apps seem to have 'forgotten' that they ha eve been opened before or registered.

yup, pretty sure i'm screwed, but if not would be great to have a fix! please!

regards, Rich

A:Windows 7 empty menus

I would run sfc /scannow from and an elevated command prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120750-windows-7-empty-menus.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Everytime I click on start or try to open a menu it minimises Any help on this would be great I have minimizing windows/menus keep run HiJackThis and this is the log - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows windows/menus keep minimizing XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss windows/menus keep minimizing exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReader Licensing PE NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Kaseya Agent AgentMon exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C temp KRlyCLis exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Kaseya Agent KaUsrTsk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageWorkstation TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageWorkstation TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Tottenham Hotspur News Alerts update exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sky com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sky com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browse... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-menus-keep-minimizing.741651/
Relevancy 44.72%

I noticed before And submitted feedback that I was unable to PHP + menus Windows Update access several drop-down submenus usually on php sites where Windows Update + PHP menus they have the little arrows next to the name and you're trying to access advanced search or other submenus When I'd click nothing would happen if I would click continuously I might Windows Update + PHP menus SEE the menu but it was impossible to get TO the menu I found that I could click and then right-click and might trick it and be able to use the sub-menu Today there were updates available by Microsoft one was a security patch and the other was a new video driver for my nvidia gt I installed both updates the first thing I noticed was my internet explorer windows kept flashing like the screen was refreshing constantly any time I moved the mouse went over a link Even though it didn't tell me to restart I did After restart the problem is gone The next thing I noticed is that the PHP menus are fixed They work just the way they're supposed to now just like they do in XP and Vista I noticed this problem with several different video drivers so I'm not sure if it was the video driver or the security update but who cares the bug is a thing of the past I assume I'm not the only one that had this problem noticed it and I'm glad to see bugs being fixed that I have personally found and sent feedback for Proof that microsoft is listening

A:Windows Update + PHP menus

I must assume you are using build 7000? Because the menu problem. I had it too in earlier versions but in 7022 and 7048 it was gone...

I guess it was already built-in. Also, in 7048, IE8 is not RC anymore, but appears to be final version, which I admit works flawlessly.

Glad you had it sorted out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/5145-windows-update-php-menus.html
Relevancy 44.72%

How do I get the menus at the top in like the first pic

Mine is missing it:

A:Menus missing from windows

While clicked in the window, press the ALT key, and the menus should pop up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/menus-missing-from-windows.671410/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there.

I have a minor graphical problem, this: http://yfrog.com/0b22895873p
I suppose this happened because of AVG, 'cause it was the only program installed over a fresh W7 installation.

Has anyone had this kind of problems?

A:Ugly Windows 7 Menus with AVG

if you have rebooted by now, it should have disappeared

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/31777-ugly-windows-7-menus-avg.html
Relevancy 44.29%

By creating folders with CLSID names like the God-Mode folder you can get a single toolbar that opens from one place into every place Create one folder called quot GOD quot and then Menu A Menus of Menus of of...... create folders in it with these names or as many of them as you have any use for Start be d c-a - d -b a - b c e a for the quot Programs Folder quot which is like a Start Menu Recent a d- a - a- b -dbda aaebc for the quot Recent A Menu of Menus of Menus of...... Places quot Folder Libraries e - b - dc -b -e b c dd for the Libraries Folder Favorites ca -c d- -b d- dd d e A Menu of Menus of Menus of...... for the Favorites Folder Recycle ff - - b- f - aa f e for the Recycle Bin Computer D FE - AEA- -A D - B D for the My Computer folder Tasks ed ba - e - e- c- e c for the God-Mode quot All Tasks quot view Settings f c b- - db-bc -cce bdd a for the God-Mode quot All Settings quot view ProgAndFeat b be a-ce b- -a e-eb a c for the quot Programs and Features quot view User a - f - a - c - fe b ee for your User Folder Applications d b- - df -b - e for the quot Applications quot Folder the quot all apps in one list quot view Then create a toolbar from the quot GOD quot folder and close it all the way so it's just an arrow on the Taskbar with no icons showing When you click the arrow you'll get a vertical menu of the above items and each one will cascade through all the subfolders in it But the icons in the toolbar must be hidden in order to work this way If an icon is visible on the Taskbar it will not open a cascading menu but will just open one folder instead This only works with the special kind of folder shortcuts created by a CLSID name as above If it's just a regular shortcut to a folder it won't cascade to a menu of the folder's contents And even with a CLSID there are certain cases that don't work But many do including those listed above

A:A Menu of Menus of Menus of......

This might help: Toolbars - How to Use in Windows 7 and Vista - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/38040-menu-menus-menus.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings again and Happy New Year A few days ago something or things bad found their way onto my Media Center Edition pc These manifest via a screen with a bold security page telling me that I was possibly infected with viruses worms etc Having had experiences with Windows menus are missing in All context 7 these screens before I did not try to exit out or click on the quot close quot button I went to the task mgr st where I thought I could kill the screen but found that the task mgr closed as soon as I opened it This led me to believe that I did indeed have an infection of some sort and since it had obviously made All context menus are missing in Windows 7 it past my antivirus program avira I made the decision to reinstall the OS as this had happened before My computer is an Empower Media Center brand and runs the Media center version of XP Pro Once I began the install however I began to have problems I started getting messages saying that All context menus are missing in Windows 7 this file or that could not copy so I made the decision to put Windows on it instead This is the RC version and having tried it on another computer and found it to be a welcome change to what I had found with Vista I was more than eager to see how it would perform on this computer The install went without a hitch - I did a clean install and looked great I decided to start personalizing it by changing the default theme That's when I discovered that I have no context menus I tried right clicking on files folders even on my browser all to no avail My context menus have simply disappeared Here is some info on my computer Computer Name Ray-pc in WORKGROUP Profile Date Thursday December PM Advisor Version e Windows Logon Ray Plan for your next computer refresh click for Belarc's System Management products Operating System System Model Windows Ultimate build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-M GM-S G Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc F Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space LITE-ON DVDRW LDW- S ATA Device CD-ROM drive WDC WD JS- NCB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WCANK SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'A ' has MB Slot 'A ' has MB Slot 'A ' is Empty Slot 'A ' is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Dallady AM admin Ray PM admin local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest never DISABLED Marks a disabled account LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce Display adapter Gateway FPD Monitor quot vis s n G C H December Bus Adapters Multimedia NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Gigabyte Tiger Analog TV Card ver High Definition Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top new Group Policies AntiVir Desktop None discovered Communications Other Devices Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address F EA E AD Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Server Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant Host Controller HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HID Keyboard Device HID-compliant mouse USB Composite Device USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy See your entire network map click for Belarc's System Management products new Network Map mouse o... Read more

A:All context menus are missing in Windows 7

You could try a System Restore to a point prior to your changing the default theme or this may help:
http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Dis...ows_7_39223750

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-context-menus-are-missing-in-windows-7-a-446963.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Can anyone tell me if there's some setting I can change so when I click on the Start Button, then Programs, ALL of the menu options are displayed automatically - as opposed to having to click on the little double arrows at the bottom? I'm running Windows XP.

I know how to set this in the MS Office applications, and I think I remember changing a setting in Windows 2000 that resolved this "annoyance". But I can't find anything on the Windows website to tell me how to do this.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 44.29%

When I start my computer , all my menus are normal and everything is ok . But after 30 seconds all menus flip horizontally . I tried to change the region , but It was already set to United States . I mean Its not the reason why my menus flip right to left.
If I restarted the computer , Everything is back to normal , but for only 30 seconds . and then everything starts flipping again. I tried scanning with norton antivirus , it didnt solve the problem .  I cant post a picture , the site is preventing me
from adding pictures or links ( until my account is verified)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5e46b8d-a019-428e-923f-6caad3226a2a/windows-menus-flipped-horizontally?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 44.29%

My sister's computer started with this problem a while ago. I searched alot and didn't found any solution or something even close to it.
When you're clicking for example right-click with your mouse on the taskbar, it opens a a little menu. In my sister's computer for some reason it opens a huge "menu" on the middle of the screen and you can't see anything, not even what supposed to be on the menu. It happens in a few other places like MSPaint and Skype and etc...
I took a picture with my phone because you cant open anything to post the print-screen on... I hope the image is clear enough:

This is the screen when right-clicking with the mouse on the taskbar:

I'm new at this forum so I hope I didn't do anything wrong in this post.

Thanks in advance! Sorry for my bad english!

A:Weird problem with most of Windows 7 menus

Desktop or Laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294828-weird-problem-most-windows-7-menus.html
Relevancy 44.29%

All menus shown in an explorer window have a delay when they are being displayed or removed from display. Processor usage becomes 100%. This includes the menu bar and context menus and each time a sub menu is displayed-hidden. This doesn't occur on the desktop or in open or save dialogs, only windows explorer file browsers. I disabled all context menu shell extensions, even microsoft ones and still had the problem. I went as far as to disable all shell extensions (which i spent a few minutes working to change back Used the performance viewer thinking that maybe an exception was being thrown, but that is not the case. What do I do now?

Relevancy 44.29%

Anything that pops up with a menu (ie File Edit) anywhere (ie taskbar) comes up as and outline. If i drag my mouse over it the words become visible and stay visible until I close it.
Any advice? Im sure its a simple solution... but not one that I will come up with on my own.

Thanks.

A:(Solved) Invisible Windows Menus

Without more detailed information, this sounds like a corrupt or incompatible video driver problem. Find the website for the video card in your system and install or reinstall the drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-invisible-windows-menus.98653/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I am quite interested if anyone has any feedback on this. I have 2 different Windows 10 machines...

1. A clean install of Windows 10.
2. An upgrade from Windows 7.

The right-click context menus are very different on each. I have imported the same themes and tried to match as many of the tweaks on the 2 machines.

For starters I have disabled Segoe UI completely, and replaced it with Arial. Also, Font Smoothing and Cleartype are completely disabled.

For the clean 10 machine, I get clean white context menus, both on the desktop and taskbar... no blurring.
For the 10 machine upgraded from 7, I get a gray blurry context menu, and a dark gray one on the taskbar.

See the compare pick below. Click on it to view full size to see the true compare.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I am one of those that cannot stand cleartype, especially on desktop monitors.

Thanks,

Steve

A:Windows 10 Context Menus not the Same - 2 Computers

Hi Steve,

I suspect you have two different versions and one has not yet updated to the latest version 1511. Try the winver command in a Command Prompt window.

Phil

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/30777-windows-10-context-menus-not-same-2-computers.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've just noticed that explorer menus are appearing on the left instead of the right, is there a way to change this?

Example image below, it also does this for some programs like Photoshop when accessing the drop-down bars at the top.

A:Windows Explorer menus defaulting to the left instead of the right?

See if this will help

Menus Open to the Left or Right Side

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332165-windows-explorer-menus-defaulting-left-instead-right.html
Relevancy 43.86%

If anybody can give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated I m running Windows on my laptop For the last week I have experienced the following problems - Right-click on files menus etc is delayed about sec - Firefox will freeze any time I click on something same with IE - Computer will freeze when opening any program and most won t load like iTunes - Folders on desktop will disappear randomly and reappear a few seconds later - Entire screen will turn white including Windows menu bar When I turned my computer on one time menus, Windows Explorer Slow freezing it began something I believe is a CHKDSK but this did not seem to do anything Again the computer did this by itself upon startup I did not do this manually I also cannot get my laptop to recognize an external HDD If someone could tell me how to do this in safe mode or something I could just save the files I need and restore the computer Thanks anyone who can help

A:Slow menus, Windows Explorer freezing

Please start with these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-menus-windows-explorer-freezing-489488.html
Relevancy 43.86%

If anybody can give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated I m running Windows on my laptop For the last week I have experienced menus, Slow freezing Explorer Windows the following problems - Right-click on files menus etc is delayed about sec - Firefox will freeze any time I click on something Slow menus, Windows Explorer freezing same with IE - Computer will Slow menus, Windows Explorer freezing freeze when opening any program and most Slow menus, Windows Explorer freezing won t load like iTunes - Folders on desktop will disappear randomly and reappear a few seconds later - Entire screen will turn white including Windows menu bar When I turned my computer on one time it began something I believe is a CHKDSK but this did not seem to do anything Again the computer did this by itself upon startup I did not do this manually I also cannot get my laptop to recognize an external HDD If someone could tell me how to do this in safe mode or something I could just save the files I need and restore the computer Thanks anyone who can help

Welcome,

It is always difficult to diagnose a machine from a few symptoms. Your symptoms however can have 2 causes.

The automatic chkdsk can indicate a bad hard drive. Get an online test.

The freezing is classic memory problems
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Download and use memtest86 to determine the possiblity of problems

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Guide...6-t246994.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90858-slow-menus-windows-explorer-freezing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

If anybody Explorer menus, Slow Windows freezing can give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated I m running Windows on my laptop For the last week I have experienced the following problems - Right-click on files menus etc is delayed about sec - Firefox Slow menus, Windows Explorer freezing will freeze any time I click on something same with IE - Computer will freeze Slow menus, Windows Explorer freezing when opening any program and most won t load like iTunes - Folders on desktop will disappear randomly and reappear a few seconds later - Entire screen will turn white including Windows menu bar When I turned my computer on one time it began something I believe is a CHKDSK but this did not seem to do anything Again the computer did this by itself upon startup I did not do this manually I also cannot get my laptop to recognize an external HDD If someone could tell me how to do this in safe mode or something I could just save the files I need and restore the computer Thanks anyone who can help nbsp

i would try tidying it up first, full defrag for starters, check your disc after wards yourself, right click the drive,properties,tools disc check,tick both boxes and re boot, also check how many processes you have running via task manager i have 16 my neighbour had 94 !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-menus-windows-explorer-freezing.928643/
Relevancy 43.86%

A couple days ago the internet started being very slow Any browser I used would end up crashing Pretty soon it got to be any menus slow freezes random Windows XP and program or folder I opened Right-clicking on the desktop or pulling up a menu would either take a really long time or just freeze altogether DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Chris at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe c Program Files Microsoft LifeCam Windows XP slow menus and random freezes MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA Windows XP slow menus and random freezes exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Windows XP slow menus and random freezes Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe svchost exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFJA EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com o amp l dis uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File uRun Rainlendar c program files rainlendar Rainlendar exe uRun Desktop Software quot c program files common files supportsoft bin bcont exe quot ini quot c program files comcastui desktop software uinstaller ini quot fromrun starthidden uRun WorkForce Network c windows system spool drivers w x e fatifja exe fu quot c windows temp E SE tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun CmPCIaudio RunDll CMICNFG cpl CMICtrlWnd mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun WinampAgent quot c program files winamp winampa exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun LifeCam quot c program files microsoft lifecam LifeExp exe quot mRun VX c windows vVX exe mRun AdobeCS ServiceManager quot c program files common files adobe cs servicemanager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin mRun EEventManager c progra epsons eventm EEventManager exe mRun FUFAXSTM quot c program files epson software fax utility FUFAXSTM exe quot mRun LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot c program files logitech logitech webcam software LWS exe quot hide StartupFolder c docume chris startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech logitech webcam software eReg exe StartupFolder c docume chris startm programs startup openof lnk - c program files openoffice org program quickstart exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF AD C - E- ... Read more

A:Windows XP slow menus and random freezes

Hi

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear
Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers.
Click Yes to continue
A 'Finished!' message will appear
Click OK
DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK

IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.

Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.

Combofix
We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please read all the information carefully! If using Windows XP you should ensure you install the Recovery Console.

You MUST disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications - please read this thread as a guide. They may otherwise interfere with our tools and interrupt the cleansing process.

Please include the log C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-xp-slow-menus-and-random-freezes-466218.html
Relevancy 43.86%

ASKVG COM - Too Much Inconsistency in Windows Context Menus - AskVG quot There is one annoying Plagued Context Windows 10 Menus with Inconsistent thing in Windows which irritates me a lot Today in this topic I m going to talk about that annoying thing Did you know Windows comes with more than types of context menus right-click menus Yes you heard it right Although Microsoft has tried to provide a consistent user interface in Windows but it seems they ignored the context menu area in Windows There are so many types of context menu present in Windows that you can t Windows 10 Plagued with Inconsistent Context Menus even imagine For your reading pleasure we are going to list all different context menus we found in Windows quot CLICK HERE TO Windows 10 Plagued with Inconsistent Context Menus CONTINUE READING Default context menu Start Menu context menu Notification Area System Tray context menu This PC Ribbon UI context menu Modern Apps context menu Modern Apps Textbox context menu Taskbar Icons context menu Classic context menu Have you come across these inconsistencies in Windows nbsp

A:Windows 10 Plagued with Inconsistent Context Menus

Im surprised they dont have a context context menu lol

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-plagued-with-inconsistent-context-menus.51039/
Relevancy 43.86%

The new W10 insider build context menus have huge paddings.
In the netbook, the taskbar context menu almost cover the entire height of the screen and the start menu context menu overflows and shows arrows to scroll.

Is there a way to make them more compact like in RTM

A:windows 10 context menus have huge padding

I have this problem too. The reason why I don't like OS's after XP is their huge context menu.

They look so ugly and what is worse, there is totally unnecessary space on menus.
To be things even worse, they killed Classic Theme. I used Classic Theme on Windows 7 just because of ugly menus of Aero Theme and other themes.
I hope some day ClassicShell will make compact menus like XP or Classic Theme.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/24404-windows-10-context-menus-have-huge-padding.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a problem with these context menus after some applications, like Winamp, created chaos in the menu for file folder and folder. I cannot double-click on folders anymore because the default task has been changed as well. For some reason I cannot access to edit most entries in the menu. I would like to change the menu default back to double-click and eliminate several items in the menu.

Does anyone know of a windows or third-party utility that would allow me to edit this menu directly? Is there a solution in the Policy Editor? Or, failing that, where in the registry I need to go to to make manual changes?

A:How to Edit Windows Explorer Context Menus

Here is one of many sites on context menus:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-edit-windows-explorer-context-menus.447161/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there,
I have recently purchased the HP Asus EEbook X205 which has windows 10.
When I log in to my Hotmail account, the emails in the inbox are more than a month old.  When I click on "fix this" an error code comes up:  0x80070426.  I have checked the email server settings and tried changing them but it makes
no difference.  I have also checked the Sign-in Assistant in the Local Service settings.
This is becoming very frustrating.  Please can you help?
Kind Regards, Lee

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c43af2cc-b77b-40b3-baca-a6fe9dc0d8da/0x80070426-error-code-with-windows-10-email-not-updating-refreshing-with-latest-emails?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43.43%

One of my kids did something really goofy. I have a realitivly new Dell wortstation with XP. I use black ice, hiajckthis, spywareguard, spywareblaster, pest patrol, and adware. Well, evidently, one of the kids managed to disable the MS virtual java machine. Then, they installed Sun Java on top of it.

Now, when I use IE, it works ok. maybe a bit slow. However, once a java applet loads, it slows down tremendously. The windows freeze, the windows flash, if you hover over something, the tips flish and blink. If you click on Start, the popup menus flicker.

How do I recover from this??? SYstem restore is not an option as i have too many applications that i cannot restore again.

A:windows, task bar, menus are flickering, very slow responses

Look for the Sun Java applet in the Control Panel. You can disable it from running in any installed browser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-task-bar-menus-are-flickering-very-slow-responses.205196/
Relevancy 43.43%

After restarting my computer today I am having issues with drop down menus among other things For instance when I click the search box drop down in firefox it will not go away and it causes me to be unable to use firefox Upon pressing alt tab the program instantly closes and the quot shutdown quot menu for windows appears When trying to play quot team fortress quot a similar problem happens where the program appears to broken XP in button control Windows and Menus Dropdown freeze and upon pressing alt tab the game closes and the shutdown menu appears When opening an explorer window the dropdown address bar flickers on and off as if I am clicking it over and over again and will not stop until I close out Dropdown Menus and control button broken in Windows XP the window A similar thing happens in firefox when I click the dropdown on the address bar but if I click it again it goes away I tried doing a system restore but it didn t fix anything Please help I don t want to have to format P S Also pressing Ctrl T to open a new window in firefox doesn t work but middle clicking a link to open one does P S I just noticed as well that the text that appears in the box when you hover over certain links disappears instantly P S Pressing ctrl C to copy closes out all but one tab in firefox nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

After restarting my computer today I am having issues with drop down menus among other things For instance when I click the search box drop down in firefox it will not go away and it causes me to be unable to use firefox Upon pressing alt tab the program instantly closes and the quot shutdown quot menu for windows appears When trying to play quot team fortress quot a similar problem happens where the program appears to freeze and upon pressing alt tab the game closes and the shutdown menu appears When opening an explorer window the dropdown address bar flickers on and off as if I am clicking it over and over again and will not stop until I close out the window A similar thing happens in firefox when I click the dropdown on the address bar but if I click it again it goes away I tried doing a system restore but it didn't fix anything Please help I don't want to have to format P S Also pressing Ctrl T to open a new window in firefox doesn't work but broken Windows button XP and in Menus Dropdown control middle clicking a link to open one does P S I just noticed as well that the text that appears in the box when you hover Dropdown Menus and control button broken in Windows XP over certain links disappears instantly P S Pressing ctrl C to copy closes out all but one tab in firefox

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dropdown-menus-and-control-button-broken-in-windows-xp-384666.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi - hoping someone can help a newbie JUst upgrading to W and trying to import emails etc so installed or in menus contacts W7 in Cannot locate Live Mail Windows WLM on XP Cannot locate contacts or menus in Windows Live Mail in W7 and all menus and icons show up fine Have imported emails ok and now have inboxes sents boxes delete boxes you know the drill although all messages being sent from my primary email address which I absolutely don't want On W there are no menus and no icons to reveal the menus I have tried Alt a thousand times and although the hidden letters appear I can't get them to do anything So I still have my problem no menus no file options settings and right now I want to import my contacts the default message is login to Windows Live ID - but they aren't there - they are in a WAB file I cannot install Any help on this would be greatly appreciated - I usually okay with this type of problem - but this one's got me beat Attached images of the exact problem - one with icons and menus - the other all missing Thanks

A:Cannot locate contacts or menus in Windows Live Mail in W7

Welcome to the Seven Forums, Mike11.

As for Menus, everything that you may want is in the Ribbon Tabs. Contacts are on the left pane towards the bottom below the Calender. If you choose Contacts on the left panel you should be able to locate Import on the Ribbon.

On the extreme left of Ribbon Tab is the nameless WLM Tab that too provides a lot of options. You may like to click on it and have a look.

WLM has everything that was in the Outlook Express but it takes a little time to master, because all of us have been used to OE for years.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236133-cannot-locate-contacts-menus-windows-live-mail-w7.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Running Windows Explorer on XP Home Edition. Since a few days ago, whenever I right click on a device, folder, or file, or whenever I click on the File or Edit menu when one of these entities is selected, the computer freezes, and I need to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and close the Explorer in order to continue. This problem does not occur within the open-file or save-file dialog of other applications, or even in Windows Explorer when browsing the "My Documents" section. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated.

Relevancy 43.43%

I just installed Windows 10. Previously I had Windows 7 on my Toshiba Tecra laptop. The install seemed to go fine but I have found one big problem. I have many folders in my bookmarks toolbar and when I click on them I don't see the names of all the files in the drop down menu....I only see the icons for the files. The only way I can see the names of the individual files is by moving the cursor slowly down the drop down menu and the file names appear one at a time. The same is true when I click on history, tools, view, etc. I only see icons but not the names of all the choices until I move the cursor down the drop down menu and see them one at a time.

I'd greatly appreciate help with this issue.

A:Problem With Drop Down Menus For Folders After Windows 10 Install

Which browser and version are you running?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-drop-down-menus-for-folders-after-windows-10-install.307008/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello This is one of my changing. to select down windows from Unable certain drop menus, first times posting to something like this and I couldn't find any other person experiencing a problem like mine I'll start with the most annoying problem When I click click a icon on my task-bar For example Steam Gaming software it shows the brief list of games I've played recently as well as Friends and Unable to select from certain drop down menus, windows changing. Settings This isn't the problem The problem is that when I right click and attempt to go down the list the list disappears automatically without giving me a chance to select anything this also goes for if I leave my mouse on the icon after right clicking sometimes in programs that have drop-down lists I don't have this problem The other problem which is also annoying is when I'm in a program the last window that I opened up will pop up in the middle of my screen and will flash slightly As if I just selected it This problem also happens with full-screen games If I'm playing on a game alt-tab out to check my E-mail or get ready to Download a update for that game What will happen is I will do my business attempt to alt-tab back in and then rather then opening to my game it will go back to that window My desktop Sometimes when I attempt to Alt-tab it will show up for a second then go as well Last problem which is fairly easy to explain is when I click hold a window open that was in fullscreen In a box It will go to either jump away from my mouse and go full screen or go back to a box I'm running a virus check at the moment to see if anything pops up I will post the results in the morning But if you guys have any ideas of what or why this is happening I could really help Extra information These problems started on Friday th Strange Hun after I downloaded some updates on Thursday the th I back-dated to the th this morning with no Luck I hope you guys can help

A:Unable to select from certain drop down menus, windows changing.

Hi, Welcome to Sevenforums!

You have a poltergeist!

Run System Restore.
System Restore

If this doesn't fix the issues. Run sfc /scannow. If it finds anything, run the scan 3 times or more.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let me know how your computer is running.

Sub Zero

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224497-unable-select-certain-drop-down-menus-windows-changing.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.57%

Such as "Publish DWFx." See attached screenshot.

*Edit*
I have been informed by the Autodesk boards that there is no option in the software to remove the context menu items in question. I have succeeded in removing them by deleting the registry key

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Autodesk.DWF.ContextMenu]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-autodesk-entries-from-the-windows-explorer-context-menus.106901/