Windows Support Forum

deleted admin account need admin account

Q: deleted admin account need admin account

I deleted my admin account and now using guest account but i can't make a new admin account. Whenever i type in a name is says, The specified account name is not valid, because account names cannot contain charachters: . So i tried running cmd as an administrator then typed: net user administrator /active yes and no matter how or what i do i keep getting denied and i really need to make an admin account some programsi still cant run and projects i cant do even if i right click an d run as an administrator. So can somebody please help me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: deleted admin account need admin account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: deleted admin account need admin account

Specified account name is not valid because of invalid characters

You can't use some characters in account names.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281502-deleted-admin-account-need-admin-account.html
Relevancy 93.93%

I just user when admin non made Lost Admin account account made a non admin user account on my Dell Inspiron windows xp laptop When I went online to sign in under my account admin it is no longer there My name Penne is there and Lost Admin user account when made non admin account so is my daughters I click on my name put my password in and it takes me to the desktop for my daughter and ALL my stuff is gone PLEASE HELP I have googled this and the only thing Lost Admin user account when made non admin account I am seeing is that you need to sign in under an Admin user account to fix this and get my stuff back THere is Lost Admin user account when made non admin account NO admin user account so how can I get it all back I did the F and went to restore to previous point and that didnt work I know there is a way to go to the restore calendar and find a day that her user account was not on there like last week so this might work but I dont know how to find this PLEASE help as all of my EVERYTHING is on my user account and I am lost without it all have a retreat this weekend and I need all of my sheet music and my songs Thanks so much PENNE nbsp

Relevancy 90.83%

Please help !! I got a second hand Dell windows 7 laptop and I was trying to set up a new user account but I ended up deleting my administrator account. It lets me log in but when i do it says that I am logged in on a temporary profile. And every time i try and do anything the user account control comes up and my administrator username and password won't work. So my computer is pretty much useless ! Please help :(

A:I deleted my admin account

To make a new account with Administrative privileges:

> Reboot the computer
> when you see the black screen...
> Tap F8 repeatedly Until you see the black screen with white lettering
> Select (with your keyboard arrows) Safe Mode
> Hit enter

> The administrators screen should appear
> Click on and enter (no password is required)

Go to "start" button > Control panel > Users accounts > Click on "make new account".

From there you can make a new account with Administrator rights and password to protect it. Once done, log off.

follow the instructions above, but log in with "Normal Mode" instead of "Safe Mode"

You will see the new account appear and just log in. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-deleted-my-admin-account-600560.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hello everyone At this point i'm in over my head and have a PC that has pictures I cannot lose I am usually fairly Admin Deleted help Account, good with PC stuff but I wanted to Deleted Admin Account, help stop before things got any worse if thats even possible at this point I have a WHS and was having problems accessing the share directory from my Office PC After some digging in google I found a link that I thought would fix my problem this Deleted Admin Account, help is where things started to get bad I thought the problem had something to do with the fact that I had two accounts on my office PC one named Mark and one named Guest I also have those same accounts on my WHS Every time I tried to log access the Shared directory Deleted Admin Account, help on my WHS it would constantly ask me for a name and password and the only one that worked is the main Administrator account set up on the WHS I found a link that told me to change the names of my accounts on my office PC to something different than the names of my quot Mark quot account that I have on my WHS At the time on the PC I had an account named guest with no admin privaleges and an account name Mark with admin privalges I used the line quot control userpasswords quot from the quot run quot box in Vista I made the guest account Admin and deleted the quot Mark quot account I then deleted the password on the Guest account I guess I must have accidentally checked the box that says users must log on with a name and password by mistake Now when I try to log onto my PC the default login name is quot Mark quot even though I deleted the account If I change my login name to quot Guest quot it tells me quot You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer Please see your network adminstrator for more information quot If I try to log in with quot Administrator quot it tells me quot Your account has been disabled Please see your system administrator quot So there is no password with the account quot Mark quot the account shouldnt even exist any more I can't log in with Guest or Administrator At this point all I care about is getting the pictures of my three month old child off the PC as they are the only place I have copies of them This whole thing was being done to get my WHS working properly to have backup copies of my photos now I have nothing Please please please help I cannot lose these photos I can't even get into safe mode with command prompt it keeps goes to the grahpical windows login even when I select that option

A:Deleted Admin Account, help

OK, we at the forum will give all the help that we can. Its Christmas time, too, so I will treat you as well as I can
First try with the hidden administrator
of you can access it
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html?filter[2]=User Accounts
if not
Read this and understand before you try.
You will be installing another OS that will hopefully allow you access to the pics.
Try this also
Reset User Account Password
Not really meant for this situation, but you can try recuva.
I truly wish you my best.
Understand, after you get the pics a reinstall may be necessary. I know how bad you must feel, and Im sorry

Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek
When a computer is not working
The Ubuntu is a last step since if it does not work it may make things even more difficult.
I am currently researching alternative methods.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286319-deleted-admin-account-help.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I just installed windows on my new computer. (same as old computer, but with newer motherboard, but I decided to reformat, and do a clean install). Everything was fine for a couple days. I immediately disabled that annoying User thingy. The UAC?

When I was installing though, I created a username of "John". I guess it was the administrator.

Well, I was tired, and not paying attention, and just deleted it. Thinking that when I restarted, it would be just like normal, but it wouldn't have "John" as a user.

Nope. I restart it, and it's asking for a username/password. Which I had never created even for the "John" account.

Now what? whats the defualt username/password? I tried with nothing, and tried admin/admin with no luck.

A:I deleted the admin account.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hondajt

I just installed windows on my new computer. (same as old computer, but with newer motherboard, but I decided to reformat, and do a clean install). Everything was fine for a couple days. I immediately disabled that annoying User thingy. The UAC?

When I was installing though, I created a username of "John". I guess it was the administrator.

Well, I was tired, and not paying attention, and just deleted it. Thinking that when I restarted, it would be just like normal, but it wouldn't have "John" as a user.

Nope. I restart it, and it's asking for a username/password. Which I had never created even for the "John" account.

Now what? whats the defualt username/password? I tried with nothing, and tried admin/admin with no luck.

Hi and welcome

Do you have a backup we can restore from?

do you have the win 7 dvd so we can do a repair install?

If you have the win 7 dvd and can boot from itm we can enable the built in hidden administrator account.

let us know

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/60402-i-deleted-admin-account.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hi all I'm new to this forum and in need of some help I have a new PC that I was getting ready for a customer of mine I booted up the PC and ran through the normal steps of setting up windows I went ahead and joined the PC to the domain After I joined the PC to the domain I tried to log into the PC locally with the admin account we use at work which admin account Deleted is received via GPO But for some reason it would not let me log in So I went ahead and logged into the machine using my credentials and ran gpupdate force To update the GPO's I logged out and tried our admin account again with no luck So I logged back in with my credentials and disjoined it Deleted admin account from our domain When we join machines to the domain it deletes all local profiles including locale admin profiles This is because of the GPO's we have in place So now the only account I can log in with is a temp account that has Deleted admin account no admin rights Is there a way to get a locale admin account on there without having to use the restore CD Also I've gone to users and groups under computer management to see if I can create an admin account but can't do anything because I have no rights Any help would be greatly appreciated Rod

A:Deleted admin account

Hi, there are tutorials within the community on how to enable a built in administrative user account. Hope this helps. Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/148399-deleted-admin-account.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I deleted my admin account, but still have guest and I can't do anything, because it asks for admin password, and there is also no text box to type it in. so I tried to make the guest admin but I must type in admin password (which is impossible)

A:deleted admin account

why would you delete the admin account in the first place
I think windows may have made guest an admin in response.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/deleted-admin-account-671757.html
Relevancy 90.83%

i didnt mean to but i deleted my admin account now i cant do anything i cant intall programs i cant download any games how do i get that account back im really not good with computers i need my admin account. help please

A:deleted admin account

Hi -

Boot into the Vista recovery partition (usually the F10 key during boot-up will invoke it) or use your Vista DVD to boot up and choose the selection for Windows System Restore.

Upon re-start see if the Administrator account is present.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/deleted-admin-account-403173.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Pretty basic question (I think). Is the built-in administrator's account exactly the same as a manually created local administrator's account privilege wise? Or does the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges?

I have googled around, however, I can't find a clear answer for this.

Thank you

A:built-in admin account vs regular admin account

Hello Spurcell, and welcome to Seven Forums.

They are basically the same, except that the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges, and the other doesn't until approved through UAC to elevate the action.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255985-built-admin-account-vs-regular-admin-account.html
Relevancy 89.59%

I KNOW IM A DUMBA**- but a curious one...how do you get your administrative account back if you changed it to restricted? is that even possible? i cant do/download anything now!

A:windowsXP deleted ADMIN account

Restart the computer and start tapping F8 once per second after the POST beep until you get a boot options menu.
Choose safe mode
If you have not password protected this hidden account leave the password blank ; otherwise enter the password you gave to it.
Then go and change your account back (start / run => type control userpasswords2 (select your account, choose properties, choose group membership , change to other/ administrators)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowsxp-deleted-admin-account.772344/
Relevancy 89.59%

I have no idea where I got the bright idea It started off I m just going to change the Admin password That didnt sound Solved: Log I Admin On! Account ! HELP! Deleted Now Cant like anything dangerous Went smoothly the change was accepted and confirmed Hmmmm thenafter browsing around I came up with a better idea Ill just delete the account and create a new one Not a big deal right I hesitated for a second when it it said that the user would no longer be able to log in Solved: HELP! Deleted Admin Account ! Now I Cant Log On! if account was deleted But I was just going to create another so i preceeded Problem came in when it wouldnt let me create another It kept saying that the new profile name i was trying to make was not a part of Solved: HELP! Deleted Admin Account ! Now I Cant Log On! the old deleted Admins domain or something like that I restarted the comp w o creating account Did i mention that there were no other user accounts just the one When the comp rebooted i went to login screen it still had old Admin name there I tried original password didnt work Tried the password i had successfully changed it to didnt work either I clicked on switch User there was another icon named other user Clicked on it two blanks one for user name other password I have tried everything that my comp illiterate mind could come up with as a possible solution No luck Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 89.59%

Dweeb alert There was a Deleted account D'oh! on Solved: Admin XP!! quot guest quot Account and an account that said quot Owner quot No quot Administrator quot account I bought this as a quot beater quot PC to keep in the rec room storage for Solved: D'oh! Deleted Admin account on XP!! pics tunes and games etc It was a used PC from a Dell repair shop in quot original working order quot and I m starting to wonder if the guy that worked there didn t use it Solved: D'oh! Deleted Admin account on XP!! for target practice with his programming gun gt lt Anyhow our -year-old-going-on- thought she would start chatting with classmates after we went to bed and a-HA Busted So I in all my finite wisdom thought I would get the best of the situation and delete all user accounts and put in a fresh Admin password I Was Wrong I triumphantly deleted the account labeled quot Owner quot thinking the pc would default to quot Administrator quot login screen if not bypassing the Welcome Screen altogether So I rebooted and much to my chagrin the Welcome Screen showed up alright but with NO USERS to click on Nothing No quot Guest quot no quot User quot No quot Owner quot and no quot Administrator quot - the entire right side of the Welcome Screen is a BLANK quot list quot So I pulled ye olde quot Ctrl-Alt-Del quot x and got a prompt that in the user name blank said quot Owner quot so I left it blank and wait for it nothing Well that is nothing but a logon message that reads quot The system could not log you on Make sure your user name and domain are correct then type your password again Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case quot My best guess is that there is an unknown password of some sort and that the default quot Administrator quot account was renamed to quot Owner quot I have gigs of Fleetwood Mac Pink Floyd and The Eagles on there not to mention my one-hit-wonder collection Yes I am that much of a dork Oh and gigs of family photos gt gt Disclaimer The above list is not necessarily in any specific order Any suggestions Windows XP with SP G hard drive G ram k Gforce something or other I think nbsp

Relevancy 89.59%

Hey
I have accidentaly deleted my administrator account. It happened because i created a new user, then I used that abit. When I logged on to my old accout I deleted the new one that I made, but then I wasnt't administrator anymore... ON NONE OF THE USERS ON THE COMPUTER. So I can't create a new account with admin rights and I can't change my account type to administrator Please help me if u know how.

- Victor27 -

A:Deleted admin user account

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.The weathermanBleepingComputer Forums ModeratorReference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203635/deleted-admin-user-account/
Relevancy 89.59%

I was trying to remove the password from my administrative account. But by mistake I deleted the administrative account. So now I am unable to do lot of actiivities on my computer which requires administrative rights. When I go in control panel user account. It shows me only one account which Is unlimited. I tried to restore my system in back date. But I don?t know why for some reason I could?t restored it either. So could anybody please tell me how can I restore my administrative account back.. I don?t want to restore my system. Is there any other option ?? please suggest.
Thanks

A:deleted admin account by mistake

Right click the My Computer icon and select manage.
Click on the + next to local users and groups. Double click the users folder.
Double click the administrator. Make sure the disable account is unchecked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-admin-account-by-mistake-143567.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Hello,

My girlfriend set up an admin account to block certain websites from me. I idiotically deleted that admin account. Now I am unable to do literally anything without permission from a nonexistent account. Every time I try to run ANYTHING, it grays out the "yes" option and tells me I need to enter the administrator password. I can't even run the command prompt as an admin. When I try to do the "net user administrator /active:no" command, it gives me a system 5 error. I can't restore to a time before she ever made the admin account because it needs permission. I can't reinstall Windows because to run the tool to make a bootable USB, I need permission. And there is NO ACCOUNT to get permission from anymore. I have no idea what to do. Someone please, please help me.

Thank you.

A:Deleted admin account and now have no permission to do anything!!!!!

Hello petitejete,

You will find many threads where this problem has occurred. The only way you can resolve this is to activate the hidden Administrator account and use it to create a new admin account on your system. This will then give you back the ability you had before. The only way you can do this is to run Option 4 in the following tutorial. You will need to use the Microsoft Tech Bench rather than the Media Creation Tool to download a Windows ISO that matches your current W10 version.

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42427-deleted-admin-account-now-have-no-permission-do-anything.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 88.97%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 88.66%

Here is my dilemma I only had one account on my Windows Pro Update x computer Then I messed it up when I account 8.1 restore? How to admin in Win update. Deleted changed rights Now the computer boots up and I can log Deleted admin account in Win 8.1 update. How to restore? in but as a user Most of the suggestions I read require admin rights which I no longer have I can't create a new account or edit the built-in admin account but I keep getting the error So I need some help with this Should I try to boot in safe mode with DOS prompt and hopefully admin rights Would a system restore work I do have recent restore points but will I be able to restore if I am not the administrator I am asking all of this because I am not in front of my computer at this moment I had to leave on a business trip so I will attempt repairs when I get back home Worst case scenario will require me to start from scratch which I am trying to avoid I know that I am not the first nor will I be the last to do something stupid like I did but I chalk it up to a learning experience sigh I also saw that many of the suggestions failed with no follow up posts pity I know that some of you were in exactly the same predicament as me so I am seeking help from those of you who experienced this AND found the solution Crossing my fingers

A:Deleted admin account in Win 8.1 update. How to restore?

Hello Flashfox, and welcome to Eight Forums.

When you do not have another administrator account to sign in to, then you could try one of the following options below to enable the built-in Administrator account to sign in to and use..

A) Boot into safe mode, enable the built-in Administrator, sign out, and sign in to Administrator.

OR

B) Open a command prompt at boot, enable the built-in Administrator, restart the PC, and sign in to Administrator.

If you are not able to, then you'll need to reinstall Windows.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47747-deleted-admin-account-win-8-1-update-how-restore.html
Relevancy 88.66%

I recently got a Windows 8 HP Sleekbook and accidently deleted my own microsoft Admin user account.Now I can login through the standard user account but cannot do the administrator stuff.Can you please tell me what to do?

A:Accidently deleted my Microsoft Admin account

I did that, accidentally doing some testing, and the only way I found to get it back was reinstall Windows. Fortunately I had a full Macrium backup and was able to restore back to the date the backup was created (about a week earlier).

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30611-accidently-deleted-my-microsoft-admin-account.html
Relevancy 88.66%

OK I have a problem here that is driving me utterly insane I ve recently had a problem with another admin Inaccessible deleted from files account computer in the household being used by another user I don t know how exactly he accomplished this but this user has apparently created another admin account on the computer which he then deleted via Administrative Tools gt Computer Inaccessible files from deleted admin account Management gt Local Users and Groups The problem is there are folders and files that apparently belonged to the deceased account that can not be removed - I am given an quot Access Denied quot message whenever I try to view the folder in question I don t know terribly much about this and he seems to be as incognizant of what exactly he has accomplished I need to find some way to remove all these folders belonging to the extinct administrator account The aforementioned user who caused all of this has suggested formatting the hard drive completely the practicality and merit of which I doubt particularly since a reinstall of Windows will invalidate the license nbsp

Relevancy 88.66%

Ive accidentaly deleted/disabled admin account throught standart user.
Now I cant get it back, so I cant run anything which needs admin right, even enabling admin account
What now? I wanted to format partition and install windows again, but another problem, I get error that windows install process cannot find drivers for my dvd rom! LOL! but windows was already booted from that dvd. wtf. please help

A:Ive accidentaly deleted/disabled admin account

There is no way you made any change to the admin account if you were only logged in as a standard user. Please explain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41374-ive-accidentaly-deleted-disabled-admin-account.html
Relevancy 88.66%

Here's the story:
I had an Acer Windows 8.
I updated to Windows 8.1.
Tried to download a game(Minecraft).
UAC popped up(With only a NO option).
The YES was greyed out.
I went to User Accounts, but I'm the only user there(Guest account).
I need my admin account back!
I can't open anything as admin(including CMD).
I can't do anything that needs administrator privileges.
Is there a way to fix this?
All I have is one computer, and a 32GB flash drive(I don't know how to use it).
Please teach me how to fix this.
I also don't want to lose any files, apps, settings, or anything like that.
I just want my admin account back.
I can't even enable the built in admin account(I don't know why).

Thanks so much.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58976-windows-8-1-update-deleted-my-admin-account.html
Relevancy 88.66%

OK I have a problem here that is driving me utterly insane I've recently had a problem with another computer in the household being used by another user I don't know how exactly he accomplished this but this user has apparently created another admin account on the computer which he then deleted via Administrative Tools gt Computer Management gt Local Users and Groups The problem is there are folders and files that apparently belonged to the deceased account that can not be removed - I am given an quot Access Denied quot message whenever I try to view the folder in question I don't know terribly much about this and he seems to be as incognizant of what exactly he has accomplished I need to find some way to remove all these folders belonging to the extinct administrator account The aforementioned user who caused all of this has suggested formatting the hard drive completely the practicality and merit of which I doubt particularly since a reinstall of Windows will invalidate the license

A:Inaccessible files from deleted admin account

Why would a re-install invalidate the license?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inaccessible-files-from-deleted-admin-account-245885.html
Relevancy 87.73%

Ok So basically I was on my regular Big Deleted [moved from xp]Help!!!!!!!!!!! Account Think Admin Very Problem, Pleae I account I made my mom an account for bills and what not that was basically a second admin account So i went on mine updated my security for McAfee got home turned on computer and the main admin account my account isnt there it just goes to my moms account randomly no accidental or anything i dont think but i got my music when i search computer from the account by anything else i cannot Very Big Problem, Admin Account Deleted I Think Pleae [moved from xp]Help!!!!!!!!!!! find like pictures and what no PLEASE HELP Heres a HiJackThis log if it helps at all Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Gateway GWCares GWCares exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Realtek InstallShield AzMixerSel exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcregwiz exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup taskmgr exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe c program files mcafee com shared mghtml exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files limewire limewire exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Nikki LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run Gateway Extended Warranty quot C Program Files Gateway GWCares GWCares exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run AzMixer... Read more

A:Very Big Problem, Admin Account Deleted I Think Pleae [moved from xp]Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

We don't deal with HJT and computer cleaning in this section on the forum -- that you'll find in the HJT section, top left on the main index page.

Onto your account now.. when you login to your account on startup, is that automatic i.e. no username/password asked or do you have to choose who to login as and the password?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/very-big-problem-admin-account-deleted-i-think-pleae-moved-from-xp-help-142502.html
Relevancy 87.73%

Alright maybe someone can help me & of out folder admin deleted Doc Locked of Settings account My computer crashed during a Windows Update installation btw while Locked out of Doc & Settings folder of deleted admin account on my main administrative account I have two other accounts on the computer one for my wife and one for my son When I was forced to re-install windows and start a new administrative account and lossing all the other accounts the files and documents which are within quot My Documents quot of my wife and son where saved in their quot Documents and Settings quot folders I can access these non-administrative accounts folders easily and everything there before the crash is still there Unfortunatly I can not access the folder which was mine When I click on the folder containing a ton of pictures and writings - some but not all of which is backed up this message comes up quot C Documents and Settings Michael is not Locked out of Doc & Settings folder of deleted admin account accessable Access is denied quot I apparently deleted this account in the re-instalation and because it was the administrative account and or open at the time of the crash it is either locked up or deleted When I right click on the folder to see Properties it tells me there are quot size bytes files folders quot But I am not sure that is truly the case due to the amount of space still being used on the hard drive C I think it is not telling me anything because it is was a quot private quot administrative account I had no password on this account I don t think all the documents are deleted as when I look at the amount of space on the hard drive it is obvious that there is still a ton of information on it most of which was in my own quot My Documents quot folder and subfolders So how can I get around being locked out of this folder The revisions to my book as well as an article I have been working on are in this unaccessable folder and aren t backed up As well as all the photos I had taken since November of last year which is quite a few Help me here in PM or through email protected If we need to talk by phone to walk me through it we ll work that out as well If I get back into these folder I will be so incredibly greatful Thanks Michael nbsp

Relevancy 87.73%

I wanted to change my user account name so I followed instructions from a article I found online in which it looked credible enough but apparently not It instructed to RUN quot Control Userpasswords quot which brings up the User accounts window Then I clicked on account I wanted to change name which happens to be main Admin account and clicked on quot PROPERTIES quot There I was able to change quot USER NAME quot Everything seemed fine until I tried to open WORD but failed with an error message it read quot click run virtualization han quot on top of window and the number quot quot inside the window I then went back to reverse what I did and found the quot USER ACCOUNT quot window empty my account that used to be there was deleted So I tried to System Restore and that failed with another error window I also noticed I was not able to open UNINSTALL PROGRAMS window can any body help me I would greatly appreciate your time nbsp

A:Accidentally deleted admin account by changing user name

Start Windows system restore before you boot. Tap F8 key as it's turning on, you'll get the option (Windows 7).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentally-deleted-admin-account-by-changing-user-name.200360/
Relevancy 87.73%

Edit Because my parents were prepared to get a new computer I dug out the Vista install disc and did a complete reinstallation The virus is gone and extra measures have been taken to make sure my brother doesn t do this a fifth time My computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron and recently a quot Vista Security quot virus has made its way onto the computer It has evaded all of my attempts to remove it the god-awful McAffee found nothing in a full scan disabling what I Windows deleted, deactivated seemingly account Admin thought triggered it at startup through MSconfig exe did nothing deleting all temp data with CCleaner and everything I could find that could be related to the virus did nothing and quot efe exe quot --the virus itself--is not in AppData Local like Windows Task Manager says it is Internet access is blocked with a pop-up saying that both IE and Opera are infected I may have found a way around this but it may be too late After all my attempts at removal in Safe Mode I booted it up regularly hoping I could get around the block by typing a URL into the Windows Explorer address bar but instead of presenting me with the log-in screen I met a black screen asking me to revalidate my Windows installation because quot something changed quot I tried using Dell s built-in factory restore after this but after a long quot Please Wait quot screen the admin account was inaccessible the only option was quot Other User quot and my attempts at logging in through it failed as it told me something like quot The domain could not be found or does not exist quot I haven t tried running the computer since then and my Google searches have turned up little in removing this I m stumped I can t wirelessly send the infected computer anything nor use a USB flash drive as I don t have one What do I do PS I don t know where the Vista install disk is if it even came with one We got this computer years ago before I knew anything about computers so a complete reinstall may be out of the question PPS While I couldn t find the Admin account deleted, Windows seemingly deactivated virus itself in AppData Local I did find a cache file that it made every time it popped up Edit Did not see the other board down there the first time I looked through despite the obvious red text Please forgive me Edit Thanks for moving this Budapest

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399844/admin-account-deleted-windows-seemingly-deactivated/
Relevancy 87.73%

Hello, I had a hard drive crash and I installed a new hdd and a new larger sdd. The sdd had the OS on it and I created a system image. I installed the new sdd and loaded the system image. At some point I created a new admin account and deleted the old admin account. If I go to the profilelist that old admin account is not listed however it shows I have processes running in the new admin account (which has a different name).

If I try to end the processes it says "access denied"? Not sure how to fix it.

A:Created new admin account, deleted old but processes running under old

Is the old user account listed in C:\Users?

Open up a command prompt . Click on type cmd in Search programs and files and press [ENTER]

Type in this command below

Code:
WMIC USERACCOUNT GET NAME,SID

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/285094-created-new-admin-account-deleted-old-but-processes-running-under-old.html
Relevancy 86.8%

I shut down my two comps during a tornado, and when I turned one back on, it said my account was "locked" and when i restarted, it didn't even show up on the list of users. Now all of my programs and settings for that account are missing, including valuable documents. I've searched the hard drive under all users, and did a system restore with no luck. Can anyone help me out?!

Computer Specs:
pentium 4/2.66ghz
120g hd
512 memory
Windows XP pro.
Sound Blaster Live
NVidia FX 5200
1 cdw, 1dvd
no floppy
Dell Dimension 4600

Let me know if you need more info

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-cable-modem-router-now-my-admin-account-is-deleted.223303/
Relevancy 86.8%

Hello all,

I deleted the default admin account in Windows 7 (home premium) but this caused a problem:

The main admin account was very slow in my windows, I create new account and I convert it to admin account then I tried to delete the default main account, and It was permanently deleted, but it caused a problem because I can not do some actions like defrag and another actions, also I can't create new account (through the new admin account), It seems like it is not admin account but when I open the control panel I can find it is admin account!

My windows 7 is original but I don't have the CD because it came with the laptop as a whole package, anyone can help me in this problem please?

Thanks

A:I deleted the default admin account in Windows 7 but this caused a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-deleted-the-default-admin-account-in-windows-7-but-this-caused-a-problem.1134284/
Relevancy 86.49%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 86.18%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 86.18%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Hi Incredible forum and can't believe I've not found it sooner I'm looking for a little help with a frustrating problem which I'll try and keep to the basics My son downloaded a program which I assume deleted Cant but files. and Copied partitions user cant admin find log in. Deleted account. the administrator and my account chris from Windows vista ie When I logged in the admin and my log in quot icon quot were still there but when I tried to log in it informed me the user details password weren't Deleted user and admin account. Cant log in. Copied partitions but cant find files. correct The details to fix this were on Deleted user and admin account. Cant log in. Copied partitions but cant find files. this forum - which were to go to the HKEY registry and delete a BAK file However the SID field was not there and no user account was shown I assumed the account information had been wiped clean and therefore I was unable to log on The files that were there were quot S- - - quot amp I tried System Recovery along with sf scannow and numerous other ideas I downloaded ultimatebootcd and tried a few things - still Deleted user and admin account. Cant log in. Copied partitions but cant find files. nothing I'm convinced the program must have had a virus which just deleted my accounts from the registry Therefore all quot paths quot from these accounts can't get accessed to I've fortunately backed up my data atleast the main areas photos videos music I've now copied the partitions from my laptop hard drive to an external drive but not the boot info I can view all my photos etc on the external drive from my newly formatted laptop drive However I can't find emails documents etc which I would love to find - I didnt back these up prior to the errors As the quot users quot file has no entry on the external hard drive I believe all the paths leading from these accounts can't be found correctly but I hope are actually still on the hard drive somewhere I've tried just naming a file quot chris quot on the users file and even copying all new user chris data from my newly formatted drive to the external drive files but this didnt work Are there any programs that can find hidden or all files on a drive although these files haven't been quot deleted quot - or does the program need a quot path quot to actually find a file ie c chris documents pictures because quot chris quot no longer exists does that mean I can no longer see the quot documents or pictures file or is there a back door method ANY help on this will be GREATLY appreciated as I've already spent the last weeks trying to work this out and even though I've managed to save of my media finding my emails and documents would be the icing on the cake - cheers Chris

A:Deleted user and admin account. Cant log in. Copied partitions but cant find files.

Chris
Try this software, but use the computer as little as possible until the recovery

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

If that does not work give this a try, but this one is less likely to work.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-computer/

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298234-deleted-user-admin-account-cant-log-copied-partitions-but-cant-find-files.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Hello All This is my first post here and I hope that you all are willing to help out a quot newbie quot of the forum because as of right now I am getting fed up with my BLEEPING COMPUTER My computer has been acting a little funny lately I m not sure what the issue is but a lot of my administrative privileges seem to have been changed ie quot You do not have permission to fill in blank quot If anyone has time to take a look at my hijackthis logfile as well as the adsspy logfile to see if there is anything that looks a little fishy I have had THREE different instances of my bank account account trojan? Possible Hijacked as Account to bank crcss.exe no privledges? as well admin Hotmail Little info being exploited and just recently my Hotmail account was hijacked and used as a quot mass SPAM sender quot Also the last logfile is from a program called IOBit which has a HijackScan tool as well Any help would be greatly appreciated HIJACK THIS LOGFILELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account hkcmd exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exeC Program Files Google Google Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bncsaui exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNSUpdater exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows notepad exeC Users jbradford Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBloc... Read more

A:Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395255/possible-crcssexe-trojan-little-to-no-admin-privledges-hotmail-account-hijacked-as-well-as-bank-account/
Relevancy 83.7%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 83.7%

I'm just getting a new HP Envy - computer set up Came with and then was upgraded to I started with a Microsoft id which set me up as Administrator and that's working fine I set up a Local account with Type Administrator which it shows in the User Account profile I expected that this new Admin account would be a full-on Admin with the ability to see and edit all files pictures documents etc including system stuff but it does none of that If I check the Properties Security on a folder file it will show the account saying that it is Admin and showing the same controls as my Admin account but it is unable to see any of the set but as Admin, as New Admin account doesn't 8.1 work Library documents which reside in the structure under my Admin name which is where I pasted them after copying from my Win machine I haven't really done any other testing to see what else it could could not do once I found it couldn't even pick a new account picture for itself Are my expectations wrong or is there something else I should have done or done differently I have deleted and then recreated it I haven't done anything with Homegroup as there is nothing to share Should I We're a single computer printer home My goal is too have New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin only two accounts This new one as Admin account and a new Standard account for daily use both as Local Accounts New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin then remove my Microsoft Admin user account Thanks for your help

A:New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin

Have You taken ownership of them?
This should work in windows 8.1 too. It works in My Windows 8.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
Read the directions.

An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512168/new-81-account-set-as-admin-but-doesnt-work-as-admin/
Relevancy 83.7%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 83.7%

Hey, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop and I need help getting my Standard user account back to Administrator. I can't run certain programs and I also can't install and uninstall anything. I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restore. I have already tried Safe Mode and I can't enable and built in admin either. Please help me! Thank you!

A:How can I put my Standard user account back to Administrator when the ASP.NET Machine account is admin?

How are you trying to change the type of account?I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restoreDo you mean System Restore? If you are, you don't need the installation disk to do this.To use System Restore click on the start orb. In the search box type in System Restore. In the list of results click on System Restore, if you are prompted for an administrator password type it in.Follow the prompts to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479959/how-can-i-put-my-standard-user-account-back-to-administrator-when-the-aspnet-machine-account-is-admin/
Relevancy 83.7%

I'm the only user on this laptop and my admin account to Profile/Account User admin problem (can't account) login original was called quot HybridPC quot and I disabled the windows login screen Turn computer on and goes right to desktop One day the welcome screen popped up out of nowhere and I had to login I tried disabling the login screen to where it was before and now I've screwed things up royally I cannot login to my original admin account or find it All the files are still there on my C Users HybridPC folder but I've lost the profile and user I think I messed things up further by trying to create delete other new user accounts I've attached screenshots showing my C users folder User account screen and the netplwiz exe profiles I've been adding deleting and can't get back to square one I don't see my user at all on the welcome screen Thanks for your help Top User Folder is new today and odd looking as I was attempting to fix on my own

A:User Profile/Account problem (can't login to original admin account)

Hello tytlyf, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Let's start to see if you disabled or deleted your "HybridPC" by using the tutorial below to get details about all accounts on your computer while you are logged in to your "Admin" account, then post back with them. Afterwards, we can go from there.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357762-user-profile-account-problem-cant-login-original-admin-account.html
Relevancy 83.39%

I have a set of folder I encrypted from my user account. I haven't figured out how to access them from my admin account.

In reverse, while logged on my admin account, I droppped some files into folder encrypted by my user account. I can't access those files when I log on as a user.

How can I get access to all my encrypted files regardless of which logon I use?

A:Access my user account encrypted files from my admin account?

Umm...if you could access encrypted files from another user that would remove the whole point of encrypting the files to begin with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180997-access-my-user-account-encrypted-files-my-admin-account.html
Relevancy 83.39%

I ve just installed a new copy of Windows Ultimate By default the first user account as declared in windows setup is set at administrator level I want to run this main account as a standard user but when I went to change this in account settings the option to change the account to standard was greyed out I decided to enable the administrator account to change this hidden user, account Run account with standard as main admin computer management local Run main account as standard user, with admin account hidden users and groups un-ticked account is disabled I logged on as administrator then changed the main account to standard As the Administrator account is now enabled it shows on the welcome screen I don t want this I went back and disabled it running computer management as admin in the now standard account and re-ticked account is disabled technically this should be how it was before I touched it except the main account is now at standard user level rather than administrator level The problem i have now is when trying to run anything on the standard account that needs admin rights i get the UAC box asking to enter admin password which is blank but there is no administrator icon or password field and the yes button is greyed out How can I have my main account as standard user the administrator account not showing on welcome screen but allowing it admin to authorise actions on the standard account that required admin rights via UAC i e when UAC comes up I can click yes to run as administrator At the moment the correct process happens but yes is greyed out when the admin account is disabled When the admin account is enabled this works yes button not greyed out but the administrator account shows on the welcome screen which i don t want

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482436/run-main-account-as-standard-user-with-admin-account-hidden/
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi I basically had accounts on my computer one being quot Administrator quot w Admin rights one quot test quot Standard User rights and one more quot User quot that is the one I use most frequently with Admin rights When I Windows stuck locked, account account. on;y a admin 7 standard with is last used it last Friday the User account was still present and all my programs were working fine However when I came back to office today I found that the User account was missing from the welcome screen and only the quot Administrator quot and quot test quot account were Windows 7 admin account is locked, on;y stuck with a standard account. there Somehow I could not login to the quot Administrator quot account When I logged into the quot test quot account all the program shortcuts were blank Firefox Adobe Reader Etc and only IE and the default windows programs would work I suspected that there might be a virus but I couldn't install anything because I did not have the admin priviledges My question is How do I get back into my admin account is there any way to install anti-virus programs by going around the admin account to help solve this issue In a nutshell I'm basically stuck with a standard user account and I can't do anything with it Any help would really be greatly appreciated Thanks Just to add I tried using System Restore on the Standard account but when I click quot Open System Restore quot nothing happens

A:Windows 7 admin account is locked, on;y stuck with a standard account.

First off if you actually named your accounts Administrator and User then that may be part of your problem (Maybe not with the account named User but certainly with the one named Administrator).

Windows already has a built in account named Administrator, even though it is normally disabled by default. Creating a NAMED account using the name Administrator is not a good Idea.

Start by booting into Safe Mode and see if the system boots to the built in, but normally disable, Administrator account. If it does create New Admin rights NAMED account, using some other name then Administrator. From that boot normally and log into that new account and see if you can access your files from the other accounts. You may need to take ownership of those other accounts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254585-windows-7-admin-account-locked-y-stuck-standard-account.html
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi does anyone know what happens if I mistakenly deleted a user account When I open my computer then right click on the quot This pc quot there is a option called quot Manage quot Then under manage there are user accounts I mistakenly deleted the quot Administrators quot group from my current account Only left is standard user group The admin account is password protected and I have the password Is it possible to log into the admin account and changed Accidentaly user account account to admin standard change promote back my current account I did try to right click quot manage quot but I get this window attached file with no place to put the password That is slightly annoying I was trying to reassign myself back in the admin group I was thinking of making an account which can modify all items such adding hardware and items under quot Device manager quot etc but just limit to not being able to just make a new admin full access account Seems that deleting the admin solves the Accidentaly changed admin account to standard user account not being able to make a new account but in the process I'm locked out from the admin settings Is it possible to create a super-user account just limiting not being able to make new user accounts and have access to all such as device manager It would be nice to not have to log into admin account just to check newly installed hardware Currently on standard user I am unable to go to quot device manager quot and other admin based stuff with that admin shield logo Thanks

A:Accidentaly changed admin account to standard user account

From desktop, hold CTRL+ALT then press DEL keyClick on Switch UserType: Administrator and enter the passwordOnce you are in, Win+X->Command Prompt(Admin)Type: net localgroup administrators username /add <======== replace username with your namesign out and sign back in with your name.

NOTE: In step 3, I Assume that you have the built in Admin turned on and you said you have the password.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47233-accidentaly-changed-admin-account-standard-user-account.html
Relevancy 83.39%

This is very strange. A few weeks ago someone in my household created a user account with administrative privileges and changed the other accounts to standard users. Problem is that now we can not log on to the account. It isn't on the log in screen. All I can do it see it through the manage accounts option in the control panel. From here I can attempt to add a password among other things. Since the account I do have access to is standard. What I want to do is, get on the account or get rid of the account. I need administrative privileges on an account I can access. Why can't I see this account on the log in screen?

A:Weird account problem Admin account not at login screen

Hello and welcome Chas mate I would find the culprit and recover the password for that account from whoever it is and change the admin back to what it was previously.

Now given you state it is someone within your household I am thinking this person or persons need a good talking to if that person is still there of course if not then you have a problem.

I don't think even a system restore will do it either.

The alternative is to back up all your data and reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333329-weird-account-problem-admin-account-not-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.39%

We have a new dell business computer don t have model with me now but blocks Windows 10 the account) screen admin login account (only - its an optiplex with serial and ps ports in the back purchased a few months ago with i processor gigs ram and our hard drive went bad and dell replaced it Then a little later we had an issue with our windows genuine activation saying its not genuine when we had windows and it blocked the admin account on the sign in screen only account Meaning you can t do anything there are no other options no option to enter key code or make genuine or anything like that nbsp So I reinstalled Windows Dell CD downloaded drivers except sata drivers which it didn t show it needed in device manager and I was pushed to finish quickly from dell nbsp today thought all was well It showed genuine and activated etc nbsp Employee upgraded to windows Guess what The login screen when you turn on the computer has once again blocked the admin account which is the only account What is going on and how do I fix it This is ridiculous I can t even login to try to fix Windows 10 login screen blocks the admin account (only account) - it edit forgot to mention that this computer was added to a domain at work not sure if that makes a difference or not

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19676090
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi guys, 

Well I have recently created a new Admin and new Standard account as the last two were having issues. However when I opened up an APP on my Standard Account yesterday which was Login Studios and clicked the download link to search for new login screens, as well as opening up the login studio site it also opened up a Tab that I already had on my Admin account. And I could see the history from that one too. It was like I was back at my Admin account without even logging on or off or switching user accounts. I also tried this with another application and the same thing happened. 

Can anyone explain what this means please?

Thanks.

A:History From Admin Account Appeared in Standard Account

See if this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528253/history-from-admin-account-appeared-in-standard-account/
Relevancy 82.46%

After a power failure I could not have access to my only account Ron Wolpa which was administrator DETAIL I CAN T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD I USED DURING new corrupted account.. profile Admin , created account a INSTALLATION After booting and rebooting many times I could load an empty desktop screen I remember to have read an error message stating that the info on my profile could not be found the exact words I can t remember C windows system config systemprofile desktop refers to an Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. unavailable location IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS TO THE EVENT NOTIFICATION SERVICE THIS PROBLEM PREVENTS THE ACCESS Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. TO THE STANDARD USERS Once in the corrupt desktop none of my icons loaded nothing at all by luck I gained access to the control panel through an icon on the task bar icon tray This enabled me to create a new account named Emergency that is where I am now writing this message I wished I could repair my old administrator account and spare me the work of reconfiguring everything on my new account that has not admin privileges At the point I am without the admn password what is the best that could I do Thanks

A:Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account..

http://cdslow.webhost.ru/files/ntpwedit/ntpwed05.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60830-admin-account-profile-corrupted-created-new-account.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I have always been running admin and even until now I run as admin. But, I have been doing a little bit of research and realize that using a standard account is a safer practice. I have never even used a standard account. Is using a standard account a better practice? Also, how does doing average task such as installing programs and updating work through the standard user account?

A:Using default admin account vs standard user account

Its safer to always run programs with lower privileges, and run as administrator when needed. Personally, I like my UAC set to the max. Basically, it stops programs from messing with your PC without permission.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192765-using-default-admin-account-vs-standard-user-account.html
Relevancy 82.46%

hello every one
I was hoping if some one could help me at this.
I had created a local account in my machine which is a part of a small office network. and given it administrative rights. every once in a while the account gets downgraded to a limited user account and a I had to go all the way to control panel to reset the settings for that specific user account. I tried background check on the machine to check it for possible malware or virus infection but couldn't find anything.
could it be the user profile settings getting changed athomatically due several usages or could it be log file getting full or needs to be cleared?
so much in need for help

A:admin account gets downgraded to limited user account

possibly because that comp didnt come with Ultimate and when it re-activates, it uses the true Admin account and resets the others.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398805-admin-account-gets-downgraded-limited-user-account.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi, I only have one account in my Win8.1x64 PC. It was "Admin" (Standard user was not available, grayed). I tried to change it to "Standard" using Local Policy Group and now the account changed to "Local Account" and whatever I want to do (Change UAC settings, open Local Policy Group,check disk for errors, etc etc) I get the attached message below.I can't even press "YES" as it's grayed. How can I disable UAC and return my account to Administrator? Thanks

A:Admin account changed to Local Account/Can't disable UAC

Please follow the steps in this thread:
Accidentally changed the admin account to a local account

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50291-admin-account-changed-local-account-cant-disable-uac.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hey Folks!
I'm running XP Service pak 2. I have three user accounts..Me as 'Administrator', and two 'Limited Accounts' for my wife and son.
My son is a gamer. I installed 'Call of Duty 2' from my account, and it shows up on my sons desktop, but he can ONLY play it on MY desktop! I know it has to do with administrator access, but what the hell? One can only play games/online games on Windows XP if he/she is a System Admin?!
Is there a way to modify my sons account so that he can play this game on his own desktop?
Thanks!

Relevancy 82.46%

I've been to help my mum fix her computer since yesterday after she had a power cut and the computer wasn't turned off correctly When she tried to log back in she found her administration account wasn't working or was corrupted In investigating and trying to sort the problem I have found numerous other problems The account management section of the control panel isn't accessable it does nothing when clicked so not and unreacable management workig Admin account account she can't create a new account and migrate her information There is another admin account which does work but the account management section can't be accessed through there either nor can it be accessed in safe mode We disabled startup programs except Windows but this did not help and now can't access msconfig to turn those programs back on Command prompt will Admin account unreacable and account management not workig not allow itself to be used at an administrator level an error occurs and when using it normally scf scannow doesn't work either the message claims this isn't a known command At Admin account unreacable and account management not workig this point command prompt no longer works I have tried using TeamViewer to help but cannot get access to the start menu it simply won't allow it System restore can't be used as there are no restore points I attempted to run the windows anti virus you can get for free if you own a Microsoft product but Admin account unreacable and account management not workig it would not initiate the scan I'm wondering if the computer has a virus as my mum is not very good about regularly running checks While I could try more on my own it seems better to stop digging as I only find more problems and get help Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated

A:Admin account unreacable and account management not workig

Try enabling the hidden Administrator Account using this utility. You will need to create a bootable disk. The iso file can be burned to a disk in Windows 7 by right clicking and selecting Burn Disk Image. You can also burn the iso image using Imgburn. If using it make sure you opt out of any optional programs.

See this guide. The utility shown has been updated from that shown in the guide.

Reboot and you should be able to access the computer using "Administrator"

Edit: Here is a video that will help

Edit Edit: Because Vista users cannot update to Windows 10 and end of life for Vista is April 2017 I strongly suggest you move to a different OS especially if your mother only does some browsing, email, and banking. You can check out the following linux distros. Mint and Ubuntu.

Once you set up either distros with a strong password it is basically set and forget. You would only need to check monthly for any security updates. Your chances of getting malware are slim and none.

You can boot the distros as a live disk and see which one you prefer. There is a linux section at Bleeping Computer that would be able answer any question you may have. You would need to backup any personal data including bookmarks and any email before installing linux.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597540/admin-account-unreacable-and-account-management-not-workig/
Relevancy 82.46%

My computer was set up using a single user account with admin privileges and all apps have been installed. In order to minimize the virus threat I now want to create a user account without admin privileges, but be able to access all apps and itunes library that I have already installed using the admin account.

Please let me have a step by step method how I should set about doing this

My system : i3 windows 8.1 4GB RAM 500GB HD

Thankyou

A:How 2 transfer apps from Admin account to ltd user account

I'd go to Control Panel, Users Account and add a new Standard account. The new name only has to be one character different. The new account should be able to do most things but will be quite limited in making changes to the computer.
How Microsoft Overhauled User Accounts In Windows 8
I'd leave the existing account alone, should always have at least one that has administrative rights. There is an actual Administrator account but it is hidden on purpose.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59044-how-2-transfer-apps-admin-account-ltd-user-account.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi I have accidentally changed the admin account to a local user and now cannot make any changes to my laptop. I am using an ASUS brand and when I click on manage user accounts it pops up with a screen "connect smart card". Kindly help, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 82.46%

After installing windows home I logged in with whatever default account there is I then logged in with my Microsoft account to pull down some settings but then switched over to a local account so nothing else gets synced Things have since been working fine until this qualifies now in admin built the as user account account My morning Now for some My user account now qualifies as the built in admin account reason my user account is recognized as the built-in admin account My user account now qualifies as the built in admin account and I can not longer My user account now qualifies as the built in admin account run any of the modern apps that I downloaded or those that come preinstalled including edge the cmd command net users lists my account as the defaultAccount so at least that's consistent I have tried the solution offered here Settings can t be opened using the Built-in Administrator account in Windows - Super User to no success I am unable to begin the prompt to create a new user account located in settings gt accounts gt Family amp Other Users Which brings the to point of me having no idea what to do I can't create a new account to transition to I can't give my account the ability to run these apps which is preferred

A:My user account now qualifies as the built in admin account

Hi, press the win + r key's together in the run dialogue box type:- lusrmgr.msc press OK, expand Users find your account and right click, select properties, what is it a member of? Do you have other accounts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-user-account-now-qualifies-as-the-built-in-admin-account-1115449.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi I m running XP Home SP I have always been using a user account guest changed account! a Admin account to with administrator rights Having Admin account changed to a guest account! heard that it is not safe I thought Admin account changed to a guest account! I would change my account type to power user I ran quot control userpasswords quot and just in case tried to change the account I was logged in with which naturally did not work Then in the same window I defined a password for the main default Administrator account which I had never used I rebooted in Safe Mode and logged in using the default Administrator account Went to Control Panel gt User accounts and the admin account I use everyday was not there Only admin and guest Then I rebooted in normal mode and logged in using my usual login which is now a guest account Meaning I don t have write access to the C root for instance I can t even display the calendar as I don t have the rights to change the system date amp time How can I sort this out I ve done my Google research but did not find any relevant solution I d be very grateful for any advice Thanks nbsp

A:Admin account changed to a guest account!

For those interested (?), the solution was given to me on another forum:
Safe Mode, log in as default admin, run the command prompt and enter the following command:
net localgroup administrators /add accountname

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-account-changed-to-a-guest-account.669264/
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello everyone. This is my first post on Ten Forums.

How can I create an admin account on a system that only has a standard user account? I suspect that the answer is that I can't, but I live in hope.

I can't provide specific details of the PC in question because it's my son's, and he lives 35+ miles away. He was running Win 8.1 but recently (in the past couple of days) upgraded to 10 and has run into a driver issue. He can't upgrade the driver because he doesn't have admin rights. I think he has an admin account on his system because I put it there, but it doesn't show up as a log-in option.

I've tried to enable the hidden admin account from a standard user acc on my system by running the command prompt as admin but am always to verify as admin - catch 22...

TIA for any advice offered,

Steve

A:Set up admin account on system with standard account only

Originally Posted by finnfire

Hello everyone. This is my first post on Ten Forums.

How can I create an admin account on a system that only has a standard user account? I suspect that the answer is that I can't, but I live in hope.

I can't provide specific details of the PC in question because it's my son's, and he lives 35+ miles away. He was running Win 8.1 but recently (in the past couple of days) upgraded to 10 and has run into a driver issue. He can't upgrade the driver because he doesn't have admin rights. I think he has an admin account on his system because I put it there, but it doesn't show up as a log-in option.

I've tried to enable the hidden admin account from a standard user acc on my system by running the command prompt as admin but am always to verify as admin - catch 22...

TIA for any advice offered,

Steve

Hi finnfire and welcome to Tenforums.

If you did indeed put an administrative account on your son's machine, then it would show up when he tries to do something that requires administrative privileges, (i.e. install a new program), and ask for that account's password. When the UAC pops up, the administrative account will be there waiting for the password to be entered. If you remember the password for that account, then he can do whatever he needs to do, if you give it to him.

If this doesn't work, you could try Option #4 in this tutorial:
Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Edit: Once the hidden Admin account is enabled, boot into Windows, log into that account, create a user with administrative rights, and then go back to step #4 and disable the hidden Admin account.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29587-set-up-admin-account-system-standard-account-only.html
Relevancy 80.91%

My uncle Computer was setup by self-claim XP on account Limited account..Windows only...No Admin IT student who did something idiot He setup only one limited account for the computer and no administrator account Limited account on only...No Admin account..Windows XP when we try to install something the Limited account on only...No Admin account..Windows XP installation is being denial this account is just running in read mode you can do anything else I want to visit him just days ahead and I need to fix all this and install some communications software but I don t have idea on what I should do he don t want his computer to be reset into factory default I have also tried use the hidden admin account in boot mode but nothing happen everything is denial At that I wasn t knowing how to show the hidden Administrator account build into Windows but now I know my question is Will I be deny if I run quot net user administrator active yes quot in command prompt in order to display this hidden account Any other way to solve is highly welcome OS Windows XP Regards Chol nbsp

Relevancy 80.91%

Hello all My gf decided she wanted her admin account name changed on her Windows machine from her first and last name I edited her account name so that only her first name showed No the guest account account showing admin Only available. up I used Netplwiz and everything seemed to go well Upon rebooting the machine somehow her guest account which was turned off and not showing was the only Only the guest account available. No admin account showing account accessible Before this she only had her admin account which was just her first last name and this was only the account accessible upon booting the machine Now she cannot access her usual account In the guest account I was able to browse to the Users folder in Windows Explorer and see that her usual account titled her first name is still there When trying to double click the folder I am prompted for a password but there is no box to type the password When looking at the properties of her C drive about GBs are showing as used so I am guessing all her data is still there Can someone please help a guy out V Day is this weekend and I would really like to survive it as she is already made at me for basically locking her out of her computer Thank you in advance

A:Only the guest account available. No admin account showing

You'll have to activate the built-in administrator account, and use that account to reverse-engineer the accidental lockout. Regular eightforum techs will appear shortly and give you the needed info.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61544-only-guest-account-available-no-admin-account-showing.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi

I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the
Windows update/free Upgrade.

How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account
is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account
as a second admin on the computer.

Thanks

A:How to change admin account to child account

Hello creativex, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you meant for how to convert your added account to be a "standard user" account instead of an "administrator" type account, then the tutorial below can help show you how to.

Account Type - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29222-how-change-admin-account-child-account.html
Relevancy 80.91%

My son was on my PC yesterday trying to login sons appears now be account account Admin in to to his Microsoft account so we could watch a movie we ended up connecting his Xbox to my TV I am was the admin on my PC Admin account appears to be in sons account now there is no PW to login so when I power up the PC it used to take me directly to my Desktop When I powered up my PC this morning it came up with a login screen with his name and a PW box I don t see anything to click to change account login because it s the only account on the PC I logged in using his account and PW I went to Start Settings Accounts I can see account with his name email account as Admin First it appears to me that he somehow changed my Admin account to his information and second it looks like it s trying to login to a Microsoft account because now it wants to verify the email on Outlook which I don t use How do I delete this account get me back on as admin and get my PC back to no PW needed to login and goes directly to my Desktop

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45594-admin-account-appears-sons-account-now.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Can a local user acount with admin privelages be created in users as a local machine acct?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589592/createing-admin-account-local-account/
Relevancy 80.91%

How do you get games that are installed in the administrator account playable in a different account on the same computer?

To explain the situation, my grandmother has a hard time not killing computers either from trying to do too many things at once of getting struck by a virus. My family procured a new tower for her, running Windows XP Service Pack 3, with me as the Administrator and my grandmother as an alternate account. This was done to not allow her to mess up vital files accidentally.

She has requested to have games put on her account. I have tried loading them on her account without luck. I loaded them on the admin account but her account cannot access the games. I haven't figured out a way to allow her access.

Any help with this problem?

If you have any suggestions, please respond. If more information is needed, I will gladly supply it.

Thanks,

Luinkhelek

A:Games from Admin account to alternate account

Try changing her account to an admin account. Install and setup the games. Then change the account back to a regular user (non admin).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/games-from-admin-account-to-alternate-account-380030.html
Relevancy 80.91%

My friend and I share my laptop. Recently I found out that he was watching porn on my computer. So I promptly confronted him, and told him to stop. Weeks later, he did it again. So I downloaded Norton's Safety Minder to prevent it. So this sneaky prick goes around and enables the guest account, and lo and behold, porn fest again.

What can I do? I don't want to keep him off the admin account, because he plays games on here, but I don't want him watching porn on my laptop either. Is there a way to put parental settings on the guest account? I know you can disable it, tried that, he just re-enables it, then disables it before he gets off. I'm really frustrated about this.

A:Need To Disable Guest Account On Admin Account

You could provide more info about your machine, of course.

For starters, password protect the BIOS and give the child a user account.

There's no need for him to use an admintrator account.

Occasionally check to make sure your BIOS is still secure. Other than that, take the machine away and lock it up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263387-need-disable-guest-account-admin-account.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Our son is away at school.
His laptop has an Administration Account and a General User account.
The Admin account is used for installing programs, running AV scans and doing Backups etc...
The General User Account is used for internet facing activities.
At school he can only connect to the school's Wi-Fi while logged into the Admin Account.
Is there anything that can be reconfigured so he can connect with both? Preferably the General User Account.
At home, he can connect using either account.
Thanks for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-connectivity-on-admin-account-not-general-account.1164398/
Relevancy 80.91%

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, or even if this is possible, but...

Is there any possible way to make it so that my normal account can be transformed into an administrator account?

In order to make one of my games function properly, I need to enter the task manager and set the affinity so that the game uses 1 core to operate. In order to do this, I have to run the application, switch user accounts (from mine to the admin), set the affinity there, then switch back.

It gives me no option to apply administrative settings when I try to set the affinity on my main account, it just tells me I can't.

Any help would be great, thanks!

A:Making User Account into Admin Account

Quote: Originally Posted by StevenBonnellII

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, or even if this is possible, but...

Is there any possible way to make it so that my normal account can be transformed into an administrator account?

In order to make one of my games function properly, I need to enter the task manager and set the affinity so that the game uses 1 core to operate. In order to do this, I have to run the application, switch user accounts (from mine to the admin), set the affinity there, then switch back.

It gives me no option to apply administrative settings when I try to set the affinity on my main account, it just tells me I can't.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Hi ans welcome to seven forums

Why not either run as admin all the time, or Run with elevated rughts? There is even a tutorial on how to run elevated rights in the tutorial section here on SF

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/22850-making-user-account-into-admin-account.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello all I need some guidance please I have a chess software program that I installed on my not account but account... run party SW User 3rd in Admin will Admin user account for W bit OS The program is a bit older and would not run after installation on my W OS After I went into the properties and compatibility mode and selected the option to run as if my OS was Windows XP Service Pack then the program started running and working great My 3rd party SW will run in Admin account but not User account... problem is that if I use a different User Account other than admin and try to run the program it gives me an error message and won't start I also selected 3rd party SW will run in Admin account but not User account... the compatibility mode for Windows XP SP in the other user account but it didn't help Finally I went to Control Panel - Programs and Features with the thought to try to uninstall and reinstall the program and the chess program isn't even listed with my other installed programs and yet it still runs just fine on my Admin account Any guidance or thoughts on this matter would be most appreciated Regards Gavin

A:3rd party SW will run in Admin account but not User account...

Welcome
Gavin, did you give permission to the other user to use the game
Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

You may also want to have it run as adminstrastor, when in the none adminstrator account
Run as Administrator

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/150798-3rd-party-sw-will-run-admin-account-but-not-user-account.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi Folks,  i like to use on demand scanners alongside my regular AV and i do this when i'm in my Admin account,  now when i go to my user account do i need to do the scans for it as well ?

Thanks

A:Question about Admin account and user account

This might be of interest: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/198067/anti-malware-scan-on-a-computer-with-different-users/

Regards.....................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502482/question-about-admin-account-and-user-account/
Relevancy 80.6%

So here is an interesting problem I ran into after working on the family computer (I was away at college and just got back for break).

After removing all the viruses, I was left with a computer where both the main user account and the Admin account did not have Admin rights. I can log into the Administrator account, but I cannot do even the most simplest of things, such as open Control Panel. So, I am at a loss to fix this. So simply enough, how does one restore administrative rights to the admin account when it has lost them.

Info:
Windows XP Home SP2
Control Panel, and many related functions, along side with such things as leftclick->properties on My Computer do not work (It says privilege removed, contact admin).
Even the Help will not open.

A:Admin rights for Admin account?

Please download Trend Micro's HJTInstall.exe to your Windows Desktop.

Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe . The application will install by default to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on the Install button. A shortcut icon will be created on your Windows Desktop.
When the installation finishes, the HijackThis application will launch.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. When the scan is complete, a log file should open in notepad.
On the notepad document, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and then paste the contents of the log file into your next reply to this thread.

>>Please-Do Not use the Analyze This button-the results can be dangerous if misinterpreted.
>>Please-Do Not have HijackThis 'fix' anything yet. Most of what if finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-for-admin-account.654522/
Relevancy 80.6%

been about week i kept trying to get firefox to download onto my pc. But when i get it to download after that done.i go to run the installer a pop says i need to have admin rights when im on a admin account. im running win 7 64bit . i have a image of the screen that requires me to have admin rights.

A:need admin permission on a admin account

Try to create new user with admin rights and see, if same issue happens there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375907/need-admin-permission-on-a-admin-account/
Relevancy 80.6%

I have two Windows VMs, one Windows 7 and the other Windows 8. On both machines there is an account with administrative rights. On the Windows 7 VM if I run a DOS cmd window it is run with with administrative rights. However, on the Windows 8 VM the DOS cmd window has NO administrative rights.

Has anything changed between Windiws 7 and 8 in this respect?

Thanks

A:DOS Cmd run with admin rights if run from admin account?

Hello ndean, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It's the same in Windows 8.

Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9968-dos-cmd-run-admin-rights-if-run-admin-account.html
Relevancy 107.93%

So today I attempted to install Win on my PC from an ISO I got from work legit with key Well it failed I found a guide that walked me through enabling admin account and then clearing services I attempted the install again and it disabled...F-me, account is Account log Cannot right? and Admin to in failed and then booted to vista While trying to figure it out yet again I disabled the admin account because I did not need it I then rebooted the PC just to Cannot log in to Account and Admin account is disabled...F-me, right? make sure the settings stuck Well they did but vista in it's infinite wisdom decided that my account was PW protected I was years ago when I first had the PC but I had since disabled it Now it seems it is re-enabled and now I am royally screwed I am in need of suggestions because I have no backups and my GF's grad school work is on the PC I have tried the Ophcrack and the Offline NT tool To no avail keep getting quot Could not find kernel image Linux quot If anyone knows anything else I can try I am game I need to get back in with out a full re-install I did f safe-mode and it does not enable the admin mode Apologies if there is a related post I am in crisis mode and have been searching forums and backwater hack lists all day and I am frazzled

A:Cannot log in to Account and Admin account is disabled...F-me, right?

Bump

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302084-cannot-log-account-admin-account-disabled-f-me-right.html
Relevancy 107.93%

So this is what happened, I have a personal reason why I need to recreate a account. I accidentally open up a guest account and made that guest account as a Admin. Then I deleted the main account which is a User and Admin. Now I only have a Admin-Guest account. I need to use programs such as Photoshop but under Admin-guest I couldn't use them.

I tried making a new Account, I typed 'Aaron' for the Username, but they said you can't use '!@(%)' for your username. I tried other username such as testing, abcd and such. All without symbol. They still give me the same problem.

I tried using netplwiz and make a account at the end, it says, access denied.

Please help please. I can't have a reformat for this computer coz of personal reason too. Sorry it caused inconveniences. Please please pleas help!!!

A:A admin account under a Guest account.

Hi StolenChips,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First, try to access the built-in Administrator Account to see if you can create another Administrator Account or fix the one you already have: Administrator Account. If you can access and work with this account, but can't fix the current account, create another Administrator Account (and while you're at it, create yet another as a backup in case this or something like it happens again - if it's working, you're somewhat lucky - the next time may not be the same and the following procedure may be the only option) and treat the situation like a corrupt user account to transfer your data and profile information. To do this use http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-vista/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile.

I know you don't want this, but it's probably your only remaining choice (and you don't need a personal reason not to want to do it - NOBODY ever wants to do it). If that doesn't work, the best bet (I would even say the only choice) is to try to save your data and then do a clean install or a restore to factory conditions to re-create a valid Administrator account. To save your data, try Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek.
This should give you enough access to the system to backup your important data (if you can't get in any other way - if you can, use normal procedures to backup or copy/paste the data). If that doesn’t work, try slaving the drive to another computer and recovering the data using that other computer to access the disk.

Once done, you can do a clean install either using the genuine Windows Vista Installation Disk or the Recovery Disk or the Recovery Partition (whatever process is dictated by your computer manufacturer – you may need to contact them for the procedure and perhaps to get recovery disks). To do a clean install proceed as follows: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_install_03.asp (adapted as necessary by the procedures of your computer manufacturer). Then you will need to re-install all your programs, reset all your preferences, reconfigure your network and email settings, restore your backed up data, run Windows Update with possibly nearly 150 updates pending,...

I wish there were alternatives, but this situation doesn't present many because Vista is designed for security and anything less would potentially compromise the system and allow people to hack into it using methods designed to recover from something like this.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286324-admin-account-under-guest-account.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi,
I have a Windows 8.1 system on a lap top that was used by a former employee. Her name was still on user name and I couldn't change it without Admin privileges (otherwise was asking for a smart card). Found out how to get in to admin in safe mode with Net
User Admin yes- then discovered that the old log in and information / desk top is no longer available. The docs are under Users (old employee's name) in C drive, but the docs and settings no longer show up and the admin log in is the only one available - no
option to change users.
When I went in and said Net User Admin no - thinking if I disabled admin user it would go back to the old log in -  there was no log in available at all.

Help?
Launa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56c281dc-3368-4418-93ac-3cd96832c513/enabled-net-user-admin-to-change-an-account-name-cant-change-name-and-now-origial-login-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 106.21%

Greetings A friend of mine to auto & on auto account logs-in user account, reboots BSOD's Admin has been having a recurring issue with his computer that's getting worse I've spent hours going through the forums BSOD's on user account, auto reboots & auto logs-in to Admin account but haven't seen anything about this so I'm posting here Any help would be greatly appreciated ISSUE He uses his computer with a password protected user account while rarely logging in off the BSOD's on user account, auto reboots & auto logs-in to Admin account password protected Admin account For months while working in his user account his computer will BSOD at random times whenever he has IE or Chrome open He's got malware causing him issues BUT In the last few weeks when it reboots after a BSOD it will automatically login to his Admin account on its own without him entering his Admin password WTH I've never even heard of something like this and not sure where to start He ran Malwarebytes and sent me an email tonight below that listed what was found Over the last couple of years he seems to be a magnet for downloading PUPs PUMs malware adware viruses etc that I've had to help him through His computer is custom built Windows Home x - All service packs auto updates turned on amp current Core i GB RAM ATI video card AV MSE Also runs MalwareBytes free His email last night quot I received a BSOD while logged onto my user account side with Chrome and Outlook open I went to watch TV for an hour and when I came back to the computer I must have had a BSOD and I was logged onto the Admin side This is the second or third time this has happened like this quot quot While on the Admin side I ran CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes Attached is a document that Malwarebytes found threats I have no idea what they mean or if any of those could be causing my BSOD issues When you get some time please take a look at them and see what you can determine Appreciate it quot Here's the list of items Malwarebytes found when he ran it as Admin I looked them up and he's got serious problems But what concerns me is how his computer is rebooting after a BSOD and logging into his Admin account on its own without him entering the password I've edited the list to remove his Admin account name so that it XXX Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Detected Threats txt Administrator Yes version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious website Protection Disabled self-protection Disabled os windows service Pack CPU x File system NTFS User XXX-Admin Scan Type Threat Scan Result completed objects scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Enabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes NO malicious items detected Modules NO malicious items detected Registry Keys PUM security Hijack Disablechromeupdates HKLM SOFTWARE POLICIES GOOGLE UPDATE e aa d a fa a celce da PUP optional superoptimizer HKLM SOFTWARE wow NODE A F -FC - C-A -COl AF E C eba e bfOa f eebffa cOef PUM security Hijack Disablechromeupdates HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE POLICIES GOOGLE UPDATE ce e a cb b f e PUP optional superoptimizer HKU S- - - SOFTWARE APPDATALOW AC - F - -B FD- BC F a acf ee db cfeaa d cb PUP optional superoptimizer HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE APPDATALOW AC - F br - -B FD- BC F bad d cebdb c dcfeaba a a PUP optional conduit HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES EE -D - F-AOFF-E B B E A b de cOb d e b dlda ad PUP optional w i HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES CC EBA - - D -A - FE A e d f c d f ba PUP Optional optimizerpro HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE OPTIMIZER PRO fcf c fd d a acOcf Registry values PUM security Hijack Disablechromeupdates HKLM SOFTWARE POLICIES GOOGLE UPDATE DisableAutoupdatecheckscheckboxvalue e aa d a fa a celce da PUM security Hijack Disablechromeupdates HKLM SOFTWARE W... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/381486-bsods-user-account-auto-reboots-auto-logs-admin-account.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I am trying to create a non admin user account, which I know how to do the simple way, however I have been using the admin user account for a while now however I want to transfer/copy program setting, etc to this knew user account.

so I want to: create a non admin user account which is duplicate of the current existing admin account but from her on to install software etc I install under admin account.

I am using Vista too

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
David Lambie

A:How do I copy existing admin user account to normal user account

I would
> Create the new profile with admin privileges
> Transfer stuff things to the new profile (see here)
> Then remove admin privilege from the new account

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-copy-existing-admin-user-account-to-normal-user-account.146098/
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi all,

Just installed an OEM version of Windows 7 Ultimate on a custom-made machine. It gets to the point of logging in. I type in Administrator and press enter, and I get the response, "You're account has been disabled. Please see your network administrator."

As it stands, I can't log in at all without Administrator working. Anyone have ideas on fixing this? Thanks,

Aaron

A:Windows 7 OEM, "You're account as been disabled." Admin account

Hello and welcome to SevenForums.

The account named "Administrator" is a special built in account that is disabled by default.
You should have been prompted to enter an Account Name during the install.
That is the account you should use to log in.
If you named this account "Administrator" during the install, I'm not sure what would happen, or if that's even possible.

Here's a SF tutorial about the "Administrator" account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

hope this helps,
david

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219561-windows-7-oem-youre-account-been-disabled-admin-account.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi to all!
My problem is:

and sometimes appear this:
"Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile.
Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator."
i need help with this, this makes a slow boot. and i have to log one more time to start whith normality.
I make a sfc/scannow and this is the result

This does not happen all the time, although sometimes that happens is quite tedious.
And Denied??? why if only me have a account on this... i'm the admin

please any can support me?

A:I need Help with my Admin Account

I know this does not fix your problem but it might help.

you may need to go to the CBS.log and see what it says about the crash/error. Here is a MS knowledge base article on reading those types of files

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221634-i-need-help-my-admin-account.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I am the only person that has a user account on here. My account has full admin privileges. One day I restarted it and when it came to the login screen there was a separate admin account next to mine? I did not create this. The account did not have a password, and when I logged into mine and went to user accounts it will not allow me to delete it. Should I be worrying? How do I remove it where to mine is the only account?

A:Admin account help

Hi Grego86. Welcome to the forums.

Maybe the hidden admin account was somehow enabled:

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168293-admin-account-help.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My friend's wife died. HER computer has an admin account and she did not leave information about passwords. There are locks to prevent anyone from adding software and hardware. He never thought about it because he never used the computer.

Is there a way to get this removed and reset without wiping the drive?

They have Windows XP Home.

Thanks

A:Get into Admin Account

You may want to look at this site from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/tips/advanced/adminaccount.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-into-admin-account.891011/
Relevancy 101.48%

I recently did a Windows 8 Reset and everything seems fine so far. My concern is that it doesn't seem like I have full Admin privileges. I do have UAC control on, but even folders like Program Files are mostly access denied. I am the only user/account on computer. Account says "Local Account, Administrator". Shouldn't I have full access? Please help if possible...

A:Am I Admin Account?

To access "forbidden " folders you can always "Take Ownership" of them available thru right click menu. Lowering UAC to minimum can give you more control but even after all that you will still need "Elevated Admin rights" for certain things.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31498-am-i-admin-account.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I hid the admin account in Vista thinking I could just hit ctrl-alt-del and be greeted at the login screen with the option to enter the username... this didn't turn out to be the case. Stupid me.

The method I used involved editing the registry to hide the account.

Booting in safe mode to get the hidden "master" admin account doesn't work because Vista knows about the admin account that I hid. This method only works if you deleted the admin account.

Is there is a back door way of editing the registry or deleting the admin account that I hid (so that I can try the safe mode method)? Or any other suggestions?

A:Hid the admin account

Here you go: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259937/hid-the-admin-account/
Relevancy 101.48%

The hacker disabled my administration account help Packastany

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392895/admin-account/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi there.

I have a admin account, this was the only account created during setup, of this computer, which is a new computer.

I was wondering is this the "fully fledged administrators account" that i am using or do i have to activate it .

Thanks

Windows vista home premium sp1 32bit

A:which admin account am i using

It's not a good idea to use an account with administrative privileges for daily tasks. Instead, it's safer to log on as a limited user and to elevate (to admin) only when absolutely necessary for things like changing the system's configuration.

Also, the built-in admin account is no more "powerful" than other administrators. Any account with administrator privileges is omnipotent on that machine.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228558-admin-account-am-i-using.html