Windows Support Forum

Cannot connect PC to network or internet

Q: Cannot connect PC to network or internet

I am stuck Also I apologize in advance if this is not in the right forum I am trying to work on a friend s Windows desktop PC Dell Inspiron at my house but I cannot connect to my home network or the internet to download network Cannot or to PC connect internet malware scanners removal tools updates to MBAM etc First I was trying with a wireless adapter that it known to be good The network sharing center would say it was connected to the network but there was no internet connection Then I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable The network sharing center just kept saying quot searching for network quot but never would connect I tried disabling then re-enabling the network adaptor and I reinstalled the driver Networking is not my strong suit so is there some setting I may be overlooking It appears the PC on which I am working is already part of a homegroup do I need to leave that group then try to join my existing one set up through my own Win amp PC I don t care about sharing files across Cannot connect PC to network or internet the network in fact I prefer not to in case this thing really is infected I just want internet access on this machine Could some sort of malware be blocking access I sort of doubt this since it was working fine at their home before they brought it to me I could not find any router settings or firewall entries that appeared to be blocking access ZyXEL PK Z DSL modem router provided by CenturyLink Do I need to call my ISP tomorrow Thanks again this community has always been helpful to me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot connect PC to network or internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot connect PC to network or internet

Make sure the adaptor isn't set to 'share connection'.

Try using a static IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-pc-to-network-or-internet.197294/
Relevancy 58.91%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem connecting to the internet with IE8. connection to internet via the wireless router is ok as virus etc is updating, but every tim I try and open IE I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, then the option for Diagnose problems is offered, I have clicked this and still no joy. I have also reset IE.

Sparodically it will connect and this is what is confusing me

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network in Win 7

Have you tried any other browsers? SeaMonkey is a good one to try if you don't have another. You can still keep IE as default and have SeaMonkey for backup for web pages that may not display correctly in IE or when you have access problems like you are having now. Being Mozilla-based, it uses a different rendering engine. For those web sites that support pipelining, you may also find that it is considerably faster.

Check your connection settings under Internet Options. In the LAN section, try toggling the "Automatically Detect Settings" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network-in-win-7.935568/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Have a problem there Just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP and WAS having problems having my Linksys B wireless card but now it finally detected just reinstalled the driver Now another problem is Connect Internet Wont but Wireless to Network network?? Detected, Explorer when I double clciked INternet Exploroer webpages dont load up A box Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? pops up tp ask if I want to workoffline or Connect I click on COnnect and the box then said quot No connection to the internet is currently avaiable quot The thing is that my wireless adapter is already connected to the DSL in perfect signal connections I then went to to Network COnnections folder There are icons one says Incomming the other in the LAN or HighSpeed Internet section says Connection and Wireless Network Connection Enabled On the far left column i clicked on Create a New Connection I clicked the option Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? of quot Connect to the internet quot then quot Setup my Connection Manually quot Then quot Connect Using a broadband connection that is always on quot because I dont need a login name and password After clicking NEXT and Finished Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? nothing happened i clicked on IE again and same thing pops up I tried doing the nd option to let u enter the ID and password BUT disable the prompt to log in with a username and pw still dont work What gives How do i fix this problem Any help is appreciated thnx nbsp

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network.586274/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

A:Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.
Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.
Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.960206/
Relevancy 57.19%

So most of my family works on laptops but i have one old desktop that i haven t turned on in a while but now I need to get it back connected to the internet for a bit I have a network cable to connect connect to WILL computer network, Old WON'T internet running to it most Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet of my comps run on wireless but this one doesn t have a wireless card and it connects to the network but gives me the quot limited to no activity quot message Last time I turned it off a few months ago it worked fine Troubleshooting so far after rebooting powercycling everything of course connected the network cable to my laptop after disconnecting the wireless worked fine Tried quot repair quot could not renew tried release renew error on renew quot unable to contact your DHCP server tried DNS flush did netsh dump DHCP Client is started and automatic disabled and reenabled the NIC card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Any thoughts help ideas would be great Just need to get itunes connected to the internet nbsp

A:Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet

Assuming Windows ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-computer-will-connect-to-network-wont-connect-to-internet.1095949/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having a devil of a time with connecting my desktop computer.

The computer connects to the network fine, and other computer s in the house are connected to the internet, so it's not the modem or the connection.

I spent nearly an hour on the phone with Internode Support, even though this really isn't their problem, they were still nice enough to go through all the settings of the modem etc.

I read another post on here, while trying to look for the answer, and did the reset stuff in the admin command prompt, as recommended in another post here, and reboot ed the computer, but no joy.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can think of anything to try, this is driving me mad...

A:Win 8.1 won't connect to internet, will connect to network

OK, so, rather bizarrely, tonight, after fussing around with it all day, suddenly nothing was working... My computer was not even able to connect to the network... In desperation I unplugged my computer from the wall and dragged the cable to the modem itself.

For some reason, it now works fine. I'm going to have to work out why it wasn't working through the wall connection, because the cable in the wall was literally only run last weekend.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47478-win-8-1-wont-connect-internet-will-connect-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello everyone i ve recently had to recover one of my wireless computers after it crashed the other night and now i just cannot get it Internet Connect Connect to Can't Can Network, to reconnected and working And somehow during all my attempts to fix it my second wireless computer is showing the same connection issue My two wireless comps are connected to my home network but they can t connect to the Can Connect to Network, Can't Connect to Internet internet in the network connections panel it shows it has limited or no connectivity All three of my computers are Windows XP SP i believe I m using a Quest DSL Modem Model GT -WG This is what the ipconfig all shows on the computer that crashed and started all this C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- dacd ea Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description BUFFALO WLI -PCI-G S Wireless LAN Adapter Adapter Physical Address - D- B-CF-CC-C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway And this is what the ipconfig shows on my second wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- a a e c Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -D - E- A- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -AE-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Now here comes the long list of everything i ve tried in the past two days i uninstalled reinstalled the driver shut all PCs down unplugged the modem waited plugged it back in stopped the DHCP client rebooted netsh int ip reset log txt winsockfix release renew XP wireless network wizard contacted my ISP they think its my modem even though it is working fine and disabled all security while working on this One thing i noticed while doing all this is that when the DHCP is enabled it gives me a IP And when I manually put in the IPs on TCP IP it disables and I still can t connect I m posting this everywhere hoping someone out there could help me I really don t have the money to get everything serviced and to get new parts Thanks in advance for any tips nbsp

A:Can Connect to Network, Can't Connect to Internet

First off, can you get a wired connection working with those two computers? I presume that a wired connection is working, since you have a computer that is connecting, right?

First step would be to disable all encryption and MAC filtering on the router and get the wireless connected with no security. Then, add in WPA with a strong key for encryption when you get both of them running on the wireless without encryption.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-cant-connect-to-internet.739539/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all This is probably a really easy one to answer I have got a Fujitsu Siemans Lifebook S Series - running XP let me know if you need more details and where to find I have never had a problem connecting to my wireless router sky netgear and to Wireless access, internet?? but to network, Help! can internet not connect the internet but for some reason all of a sudden I cant get online after i am connected to the network When i plug the cable into the back of the router from my laptop i can get online fine I have managed to connect wirelessly to another network which is unsecured in my area to enable me to write this If you need any details let me know what and how to get them please Many thanks Joe p s - i have seen on other forums that people are asked to run cmd and gather the following info although i am not sure if it will be relevant considering i am currently connected to a different network which isnt my default - anyway info is below Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings joe holden gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name an jholden Primary Dns Suffix parragon com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet?? Enabled Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet?? No DNS Suffix Search List parragon com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E- -D C Documents and Settings joe holden gt nbsp

A:Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-internet-access-can-connect-to-network-but-not-internet.811563/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hubby's Aspire laptop recently got infected with a bogus version of Windows. I believe this machine had XP on it originally and I later installed Windows 7 and it worked fine for years. I could not get rid of it so I reinstalled Windows 7 Student 64 bit. Now the fake windows is gone, but it will not connect to the internet. I downloaded all drivers onto a memory stick on my own computer and installed them on the Acer. Now all Devices appear to work, but it still cannot connect to internet with a 651 connection error. I tied all the fixes found on line. I also tried looking for updated drivers in the old windows files. One could not be installed. When I check the Local Area Connection Status, there is no network access and it won't let me set up or join any network. What am I missing?

A:Cannot connect to network or internet!

Fire up Device Manager and see if the network connectors are complaining. You might have to update from the stock Windows drivers that Microsoft provides to ones built specifically to match your hardware.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Cannot-connect-to-network-or-internet/td-p/421735
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm completely new to networking, so i don't know anything much.

At first I was able to connect to the internet through both computers (1 computer uses dial-up, other connects when other is connected), but I couldn't connect to LAN games and such.

I messed around with the IP adresses and such, so now I can connect to LAN games and NetMeeting, but now I can't go online through the second computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-the-internet-through-network.29661/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi

We bought a new dlink Gigabyte unmanaged switch,installed it and now the vista machines connects fine to the network but not to the internet. if i go ipconfig /release and /renew it works for a bit but then goes down again. The Windows XP machines are working perfect to the network and internet.

What Can cause this problem with vista.

Thanks

A:Connect to network but not internet

I don't really know but one thought is are they being allowed through the firewall. ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/183838-connect-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, I just re-installed Windows XP Pro SP2 along with getting a new LanParty DFI board for socket 754. Before on my old K8N Neo Platinum board I just had to plug my ethernet in and I'd have internet. For some reason now when I plug it in it shows up that it's connected to the network no problem, I pull the cable out it disconnects, put it in it works and is connected. However, when I try to go to a website it just times out, and the connection status window says it's sent a couple hundred packets, but only received 6 or 7. I'm on a school network, and I know the particular cable and wall connection I'm using is fine because I tested my laptop on it fine. So my question is what could be causing this and how can I fix it?

A:Can connect to network, but not the internet.

Try reseting your modem. There might be a little button, or your can unplug the power from the modem for a 10 seconds, this will reset the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-not-the-internet.408799/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have had this problem sporadically for the last month or so (since moving to this apartment). I am on the network but it says I have no internet acces. Other people on this network seem to connect fine (although they have had issues to) but I cant. I have 3 devices, all of which cant connect. On top of this, when i restart the computer or disconnect and reconnect adapter, I get internet access for about 20 seconds, enough time to load a google search or one webpage. however inevitably it always returns to the no internet access status. I have tried numerous fixs including reseting winsocks, using a new adapter, clearing browser history, changeing to static ip and changing back to automatically obtained one. Im out of ideas at this point and could desperatley use any help (midterms in 2 days and would like to use internet to study)

A:I can connect to network but not the internet

Have you tried resetting the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260254-i-can-connect-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hey guys! ive been searching day and night trying to solve this problem but to no avail. any help is GREATLY appreciated.

i just got my computer back from the company i ordered it from since the motherboard was faulty. they installed a new one and i plugged it in and turned it on and everything seemed to be ok. however, i cannot get an internet connection and cannot connect to the downstairs computer that it is networked to.

i have an airlink wireless 802.11g pci card and am running in windows xp. the corner of the screen says that a cable is unplugged, although it is a wireless connection. i tried installing the card in a different slot but that did not work. the guy from the place i bought the computer from told me to uninstall the drivers and then install new ones but it wont let me uninstall them. does anyone have any suggestions?

-kyle

Relevancy 53.32%

I tried setting up an ad hoc network between 2 computers. I was trying to share a cd drive in order to install office 2010 (didn't work, had to move it on a thumb drive).

Anyway, now neither of the computers that were connected to the ad hoc network can connect to the internet. My wireless network shows up in my list of available networks, the signal strength is fine, but when I hit "connect" it just says, "Windows was unable to connect to [name of network]."

When I run the diagnostic tool it says "problem with wireless adapter or access point." I've tried rebooting the computer, re-installing the adapter (from manufacturer website), and removing and adding the wireless network (via "manage wireless networks"), all to no avail.

Machine: HP tx2513
Wireless Adapter: Broadcom 4321AG

Any suggestions?

A:Set up ad hoc network, now can't connect to internet

Hi MarkPhil, welcome to sevenforums. Try rebooting your router

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181197-set-up-ad-hoc-network-now-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently removed some malware and used CClean to remove unwanted files I think that some I wanted went with them I attach a Network Connect To Internet Cannot Or log of the workstation with Cannot Connect To Internet Or Network a problem and would appreciate some advice ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost Cannot Connect To Internet Or Network exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC WINDOWS VMSnap EXEC WINDOWS Domino EXEC Cannot Connect To Internet Or Network Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Winrar WinRAR exeC DOCUME netcafe LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bleepingcomputer com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Ba lant larR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exeO - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run CafePlus Client C Program Files AKINSOFT Cplus Client CplusC exeO - HKLM Run VMSnap C WINDOWS VMSnap EXEO - HKLM Run Domino C WINDOWS Domino EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC PLH O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - Extra context menu item Microsoft Excel'e G amp nder - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA ... Read more

A:Cannot Connect To Internet Or Network

I have tried to debug the computer and delete all temp files and url's, but the Internet connection, although says it is connected, will not even download the homepage.I have run smitfraudfix and Hijackthis, here are the reports, any suggestions would be most welcome, Thanks!!SmitFraudFix v2.241Scan done at 11:49:20,48, 22.11.2007Run from C:\Documents and Settings\netcafe\Desktop\SmitfraudFixOS: Microsoft Windows XP [S?r?m 5.1.2600] - Windows_NTThe filesystem type is NTFSFix run in safe mode???????????????????????? SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!SrchSTS.exe by S!RiSearch SharedTaskScheduler's .dll???????????????????????? Killing process???????????????????????? hosts127.0.0.1 localhost ???????????????????????? Winsock2 FixS!Ri's WS2Fix: LSP not Found.???????????????????????? Generic Renos FixGenericRenosFix by S!Ri???????????????????????? Deleting infected files???????????????????????? DNSHKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E365AB2-80FA-4792-B207-57565DF1A197}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.2.1HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E365AB2-80FA-4792-B207-57565DF1A197}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.2.1HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{2E365AB2-80FA-4792-B207-57565DF1A197}: NameServer=192.168.2.1HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.2.1HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.2.1???????????????????????? Deleting Temp Files???????????????????????? Winlogon.System!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!![HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"System"=""???????????????????????? Registry Cleaning Registry Cleaning done. ???????????????????????? SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!SrchSTS.exe by S!RiSearch SharedTaskScheduler's .dll???????????????????????? EndLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 11:56:28, on 22.11.2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exeC:\WINDOWS\VMSnap3.EXEC:\WINDOWS\Domino.EXEC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.ExeC:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exeC:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exeC:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\DOCUME~1\netcafe\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.578\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksF... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116641/cannot-connect-to-internet-or-network/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I posted this in another spot but was asked to start a new thread. I just got an Acer aspire 5520-5865 for my daughter for Chrismas. I went to hook up the internet and it picked up my wireless network easily. It says it it is connected th the internet but when I click on Explorer it does not go to the page and talks about firewalls. I disabled windows firewall and the firewall on my pc which by the way has xp home edition and still no internet. Donglefree was nice enough to try to help me but I was lost to what he said and I'm not sure if this was something he had experienced before. Anyone else run into this and solve it?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Been scouring the internet and still have the problem Im copy and pasting my posts on another forum which couldnt help me Hope that is ok Ive just moved into via network to Cant connect mac internet a new apartment where they have wireless set up It works fine on my gf's mac Cant connect to internet via mac network all the comps on the network are macs but my PC cant connect It connects with the network after a good couple of mins identifying but not with the internet Now i have unchecked TCP Ipv I have disabled the DHCP Broadcast flag on all subkeys i could find What country are you located Cant connect to internet via mac network in - US Name of your ISP Internet Service Provider - Its my landlords connection so not sure What is the expected Upstream Downstream speed for your ISP Connection - erm mbps Make and exact model of the broadband modem - Not sure Make and exact model and hardware version of the router if a separate unit -Apple Base Station v Connection type wired or wireless - Wireless Ethernet If wireless encryption used none WEP WPA or WPA Cant connect to internet via mac network - WPA Make and model of your computer - Dell Vostro Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines i e XP-Home or XP-Pro SP -SP Vista etc - Vista The Internet Browser in use IE Firefox Opera etc - Opera My ipconfig comes up with this indows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Physical Address - - E-D - C-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Physical Address - C- - -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Will gt PING lt gt The syntax of the command is incorrect C Users Will gt PING lt gt The syntax of the command is incorrect C Users Will gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Will gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Will gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host un... Read more

A:Cant connect to internet via mac network

Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc. - Vista 34

Did you mean Vista 32 (x86) or Vista 64 (x64)? You might want to take a look at Cross-platform Wireless Networking

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/162776-cant-connect-internet-via-mac-network.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am having challenges connecting to the internet through one wifi network but I can connect no problem using another I live in a condo complex where there is another to but to with not Able connect network, one internet an open wifi network available and I also have a wifi modem connected for my own network Up until a few days ago I was able to connect through both networks with no problems but recently Able to connect to internet with one network, but not another I have been unable to access the internet or any web based apps through the open network but when I switch networks I can connect through any internet program Also when I am unable to access the internet through this network the connection is showing that it is at and shows plenty of activity in the quot link Status quot and Site Monitor At first I thought it was a problem with the network but in speaking to others in the community I have confirmed they are not experiencing the same I have not changed any settings on my lab top or changed any hardware I have run a diagnostic on my connection when connected to the problematic network and have determined that the quot Radio quot quot Association quot quot Authentication quot quot Local IP address quot and quot Gateway IP Ping quot are all functioning properly but the quot Internet IP Ping quot is failing I have come to the conclusion that this is related to obtaining an IP address for the internet somehow but I am stumped on how to correct this Thanks nbsp

A:Able to connect to internet with one network, but not another

Have you spoken to the people that maintain the condo WiFi? They may be able to help you with this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/able-to-connect-to-internet-with-one-network-but-not-another.163508/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently built a desktop computer with a friend and we installed Windows Home Premium -bit After doing so I went out and bought this wifi card Currently my desktop cannot connect to my network but it has occasionally I would say of the time And when I do connect to the network I get quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access Cannot (sometimes) Connect to or Internet Network quot I've tried to remedy the problem myself by searching online using my laptop which connects with no issues I've seen problems that look just like mine but can't fix it I don't have security software currently Cannot Connect to Internet or Network (sometimes) so there should be a conflict there I've tried restarting my router absolutely no change and I've tried disabling and enabling the network card seen above I've attached a screenshot of all the info I thought might be useful I've also attached the troubleshooting report I usually get when i can't connect to my network The farthest I got was yesterday I was connected to the internet for about an hour maybe more and was able to install some of my usual software like iTunes Skype and the likes Haven't been connected since I did have the networking software for the wifi card installed but have uninstalled it since I can still see that my router is within range and I have - bars of signal usually And here is my quot ipconfig all quot when I am connected Quote Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kurt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kurt-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C - - -D - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS PCE-N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Physical Address C - - -D - C- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc d bf e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - E- -C - - -D - C- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address -BF- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE EE- - D - -E B A E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DB D - - B -BD - ACD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Kurt gt And when I'm not connected Quote Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kurt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kurt-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C - - -D - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS PCE-N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Physical Address C - - -D - C- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Con... Read more

A:Cannot Connect to Internet or Network (sometimes)

If you installed iTunes there is a network service that installs with it called "Bonjour" which is famous for creating network problems in Windows 7.

You should disable the Bonjour in Windows services, you will see it on the list in services. You can get there by typing services.msc into the run box. You may need to restart after disabling the Bonjour service. iTunes will still work after disabling Bonjour.

You should also disable the Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adaptor which you see in Device Manager as it also is becoming famous for creating network problems. The mini port adaptor is only used for creating a shared wireless connection.

Let me know is this has any effect on your network connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238783-cannot-connect-internet-network-sometimes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been having difficulties ever since I have installed Hamachi It keeps disconnecting and connecting some times it shows that I am connected but I m really not This happend when To Internet Network) [HELP] (Only Cannot Connect I had Hamachi I only connect to Wireless Connection I have tried most things uninstalling Hamachi Doesn t Work Restoring Doesn t Work I have checked that IPV ip is on quot Obtain Automatically quot I have tried troubleshooting Doesn t Work this is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name EvanPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical [HELP] Cannot Connect To Internet (Only Network) Address - - -DA- F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth [HELP] Cannot Connect To Internet (Only Network) Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E- E-EA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - -DA- F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b fc a d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- A- - - E- - - C- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethern Controller Physical Address -A - - B- -AE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - E- C- C A-A C B A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f fff Pre rred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap FC F - C- F A- D- C F FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B A - ED- F - - B D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DBFC -DF F- EFB- A -B A EAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C F A - F - C-A - CC E A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please Help Will post more details if necessary nbsp

A:[HELP] Cannot Connect To Internet (Only Network)

It works at the moment if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cannot-connect-to-internet-only-network.1090720/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all, I am at uni and have previously connected to the internet on the Halls' network before. I went home and used the wireless back there, now I have come back to uni and tried connecting to the network via ethernet cable again it will not work.

I'm using a Packard Bell EasyNote SJ51, the internet provider is Ask4, the laptop runs Windows Vista. I had a similar problem when I first set it up and it took ages to fix but installing the ethernet driver seemed to fix it, but now that doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be much appreciated as I rely on the internet quite alot

Relevancy 53.32%

i was using the internet with no problems earlier this morning. However i installed a proxy server for my XP machine to share my cable broadband with my local network. After doing this my firewall wouldn't load properly. i got a 10091 error on startup. whch i got as a winsoc error. i tried everything to fix it to no success.

i'm now gettng the error of 10044 on firewall startup.

can anyone give me any advice?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I'm running windows s bit networked and my last purchased has me baffled doesn't take much I had a wireless card installed yesterday by a computer tech can't join homegroup because I get quot no connection no connections available quot clicking iexplore icon presents the message api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi -I - - dll is missing upon clicking on the shortcut icons they turn into text files clicking on my xampp folder shortcut icons displays the I to because can't can't I connect internet network files in that folder Clicking on the html files in one of these folders presents the file correctly Opening php files displays the code recycle bin computer amp ctl pnl open fine and every thing within Since I can't connect to internet I copied ipconfig to flash drive and then to notepad of I can't network because I can't connect to internet one of my working machines which are all wireless networked wireless connection issue US Provider ISP Time Warner Broadband connection - Cable Router - D-Link - dir Windows Defender run and post an ipconfig all For Wireless issue only Windows IP Configuration Host Name office Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -A -F -EC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - -BC -F FC C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Clicking on quot System Information quot gets the quot text quot file but quot search gt quot system information quot gets the following xwizard RASMANCS LOG Table Of Contents ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C windows tracing xwizard RASMANCS LOG ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - RasInitialize called by - RasInitialize called by - GetUserSid returning - GetUserSid returning - GetUserSid returning - GetUserSid returning - RasInitialize called I can't network because I can't connect to internet by - RasInitialize called by - GetUserSid returning - GetUserSid returning Modem Logs Table Of Contents Unable to show modem tracing logs or no log files were present Connection Manager Logs Table Of Contents Unable to show Connection Manager logs or no log files were present IP Security Log Table Of Contents Unable to show IPsec tracing logs or no log files were present Remote Access Event Logs Table Of Contents Event Type Information Event Source Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer office Description The user connected to port true has been disconnected due to a system error Event Type Information Event Source Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer office Description The user connected to port false has been disconnected due to a system error Event Type Information Event Source Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer office Description Cannot load the NetBIOS gateway DLL component because of the following error FileRepository volsnap inf x neutral f e fcb volsnap inf Event Type Information Event Source Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer office Description The user connected to port true has been disconnected due to a system error Event Type Information Event Source Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer office Description The user connected to port false has been disconnected due to a system error Event Type Information Event Source Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AU... Read more

A:I can't network because I can't connect to internet

Hi there,

First off, thanks for all the info provided, quite helpful. Just to confirm regarding your issue, is it Wireless and not Wired? Your ipconfig/all is showing the network adapter disconnected but the wireless adapter is missing.

Have you checked your computer's Device Manager if the Wi-Fi adapter is installed? Is it disabled?
Also, check the manufacturer's site for the latest driver, download and install.

In addition, you might want to check the Bios setup if the wireless controller is disabled, enable if needed.

Quote:
Enter the System Setup on the Computer

Restart your computer.
At the first text on the screen or when the Dell logo appears, tap <F2> until the message Entering Setup appears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336615-i-cant-network-because-i-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi guys,

one of my computers has "DEPENDENCY" problems. Search the net and tried all the possibilities to fix this, but nothing seems to work.

However it is on Vista X64, but I hate to reinstall everything if a easy fix would exist.

I am sure someone has had the same problem, but how to fix this.

When I put the Vista DVD in, I do not get the option to repair, BUT I cannot load the files for a fresh install neither.

installation does not start.

There must be a better way then booting from the DVD and start from zero?

If installing Win 8 over Vista would be possible without having to reinstall everything else, I would do this, but that option is a nono.......

thanks

jeff

A:network not available, internet does not connect

can you provide a little more detail please.

1. You said your computer has "DEPENDENCY" problems. What do you mean by this?
2. You said there's no option for repair. So, when you boot from the DVD. What do you see?
3. You said the "installation does not start". What happens when you boot your PC. What do you see?

You can upgrade Vista - Upgrade Install from Windows 7 or Vista to Windows 8 but upgrades are usually only as good as the system being upgraded and to be avoided where possible. Also, the upgrade path from Vista isn't as easy as it is from Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/5727-network-not-available-internet-does-not-connect.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer doesn't ususally have problems but just recentely I couldn't connect to the internet, and after trying to resolve it myself, I got the message:

"There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration--windows failed to find the well known host 'www.microsoft.com' using DNS. The server nay be down."

Please help and respond ASAP if anyone knows what is going on.

P.S. I am posting this from my phone because the comuter that is acting up is the only working computer in the house at the moment.

Thank you,
Sean

A:My network cannot connect to the internet!!

Just to confirm - your faulty PC is the only PC in the house - you have nothing else connected to the network - that you can copy results from the PC and transfer here

whats your ISP
make and model of modem / router that you have
How are you connected by a cable to the modem/router or wireless

assuming its a dns issue try this

Details below - Ping a website name and then ping a website IP address - if you get a reply from the IP but not the name then its most likely a DNS issue

Start>
Search> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com

Ping 209.183.226.152
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the IP replies
Try putting the IP address into a web browser - where you would normally type the name

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.942229/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I am able to connect with excellent strength to the wireless network, but when I try to use the Internet, it doesn't load. When I tried to diagnose the problem, it said that there are no connectivity problems. I have the computer LAN settings set to automatically detect settings. I read that I should ping a website like yahoo, which worked, but when I pinged the gateway default, it did not work (100% loss). I don't know what the next step would be. I also read that it could be a problem with encryption mismatching, but I don't really know what that means or how to check it out. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! (I have a Gateway Notebook with Windows Vista.)

Thanks,
Russ

A:Able to connect to Network, not Internet

I don't like to see a successful ping of yahoo.com along with a failure for the gateway, 'cause that's not logical.

Maybe corrupt driver. Make sure you have the latest driver for your network card; assuming an integrated adapter the driver should be from Gateway's web site.

If you already have the latest driver use Device Manager to uninstall it; reboot the PC and let Windows find the adapter and reinstall the driver. This is to try to fix any corruption in the installed driver.

If still not working right try ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-network-not-internet.812662/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hubby's Aspire laptop recently got infected with a bogus version of Windows. I believe this machine had XP on it originally and I later installed Windows 7 and it worked fine for years. I could not get rid of it so I reinstalled Windows 7 Student 64 bit. Now the fake windows is gone, but it will not connect to the internet. I downloaded all drivers onto a memory stick on my own computer and installed them on the Acer. Now all Devices appear to work, but it still cannot connect to internet with a 651 connection error. I tied all the fixes found on line. I also tried looking for updated drivers in the old windows files. One could not be installed. When I check the Local Area Connection Status, there is no network access and it won't let me set up or join any network. What am I missing?

A:Cannot connect to network or internet!

Fire up Device Manager and see if the network connectors are complaining. You might have to update from the stock Windows drivers that Microsoft provides to ones built specifically to match your hardware.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Cannot-connect-to-network-or-internet/td-p/421735/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi - I have internet to not to Can but wireless network, connect spent hours trying to figure this out with firefox and Apple to no avail I have a home network with two computers The cable modem goes to an Apple Airport extreme To the Airport I have connected a USB hard drive my desktop computer and an ethernet printer Wirelessly I Can connect to wireless network, but not to internet have connected a printer and my laptop I have been having problems with the wireless print router for a while My recent problem is that my Toshiba Satalite laptop connects to the network with no problems but I cannot connect to the internet I have cleared the dns cache I have reset the Airport I have changed and re-change the security wpa to wep and back again I even discovered that I can ping google through the CMD I was connected to the internet without problems until two days ago unexplicably my laptop just wouldn t connect The only thing I did was plug the new ethernet printer into the Airport The desktop connected to the printer without trouble I think it is just coincidence since I have tried unplugging the printer and still have the same issue My desktop is running XP pro and the laptop is running XP media Help nbsp

A:Can connect to wireless network, but not to internet

The default gateway (router IP address) should be present on all PCs that what gets you the internet access.
Under the XP boxes under Internet Protocol TCP/IP click on properties the click on advance and make sure the metric is set to router gateway address IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-wireless-network-but-not-to-internet.106138/
Relevancy 52.89%

My small business is on a network that allows all my computers to transmit info to and from a main inventory amp Point Of Sale system This network is all connected together by a Netgear ethernet switch FS Biz each internet connect to Small can not other but NetWork which is them connected to a belkin N wireless router that is connected to the time warner supplied ubee modem Small Biz NetWork can connect to each other but not internet My POS Small Biz NetWork can connect to each other but not internet network requires I use specific IP addresses in Protocol tcp ip for each computer We have a dynamic internet with time warner We have had no problems for a year even though the dynamic addresses change But today all my computers stopped being able to get on the internet After starting a restarting everything in sequence I called Time Warner to test the internet All was fine on their end I then took out the IP addresses in the protocol tcp ip and set the computer to find the IP automatically Then I could get on the internet but not my network ie no POS or inventory How do I get both of these working at the same time on all my computers nbsp

A:Small Biz NetWork can connect to each other but not internet

If possible please show the following for a Windows PC with static IP and for one with a dynamic (Dhcp) IP ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-biz-network-can-connect-to-each-other-but-not-internet.1097528/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been using Windows 8 Pro for a month now and everything has gone smoothly.

However, ever since earlier this week I've been unable to connect to my work's wifi (router), and as of tonight, I'm unable to connect to my house's router. I either receive an error stating it was unable to connect or that the connection is limited. However, if I use my cell phone as a hotspot, I am able to connect without a hitch. What's happening??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20471-i-can-no-longer-connect-network-internet.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have to use my desktop icon(net zero) to connect to internet. I get an error that remote computer is not responding other wise. what info do u need? thanx

A:cannot connect to internet using network connection

let's start with 'what do you expect should be happening'?
I think you're using a dial-up (pls correct me) and if so, that's the way all dial-ups work;
click on an icon
modem dials out
you log in
and as long as you stay connected,
email and your browser are functional.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-network-connection.32448/
Relevancy 52.89%

I can connect to a network but not the internet on wireless, works fine with a ethernet cable though, I have googled the problem and seems common but theres hundreds of different anwsers and I dont like the look of download links that usally get posted on replys,
Im on windows vista home premium and not all that experienced when it comes to computer talk, but im not thick so if explained I can follow any intsruction, PLZZZZZ HELLLLP as this is driving me mad,

Kind regards
adizard

Relevancy 52.89%

I want to "Connect A PC To The Local Network but NOT On The Internet.". I don't want the computer connecting to the Internet at all but yet can see other computers on the network and use shared printers and files/folders. I don't want any hackers able to ping the computer or see it at all from the Internet. I would like to do this by not making any changes to my router. Can I just setup a static IP and make a default gateway of 127.0.0.1 on the computer?

A:Connect A PC To The Local Network but NOT On The Internet

If you have a bunch of PCs connected to a router and that router connected to the Internet, no one on the Internet side can see your PCs. They can't get past the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321902-connect-pc-local-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My desktop is running XP sp It to home connect network. internet. use Can't Can connect to the internet by a wireless card to DSL Up until this morning it was fine Now I can connect to my home network and view files on it or from it But I m not able to connect to the internet I m not too good at networking Can someone help me Please let me know what more info I can provide Here s the results of ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ARTM Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description NETGEAR FA FA PCI Adapter Physical Address - F-B -F -D -ED Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v g Wireless PCI Adapter Physical Address - F-B - -A - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday October P M Lease Expires Friday October PM nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I am able to connect to a wireless router/network with internet access as a guest user of the router. The guest user of the router is passworded. I have been using an older laptop running Vista and have had no problems. I just purchased a new Toshiba Satellite L755 with Windows 7 to replace the Vista machine. I am able to connect to the same router/network with the new laptop but it will not connect to the internet. I get Local Only With No Internet. I have set both machines side by side to compare settings and the Vista machine will connect completely but the Windows 7 will not. I also have never gotten any window pop up that allows me to enter the guest password as it did in Vista. Hope you can help. Thanks

A:Can connect to wireless network but not internet

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You might have to add the SSID (wireless network name) manually on the Win 7 computer.
How to manually connect to Wireless network not broadcasting SSID | Windows Reference

If that didn't help, please post an ipconfig /all output of the computer in question.
Click on Start => in run or search box type cmd, press enter. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt . Please attach the .txt file to be found in your Local Disk 'C' on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200119-can-connect-wireless-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I need some major help My computer was recently attacked with spyware and possibly viruses I ran internet/wireless Can't to network HELP! connect a few spyare removal programs and it looks like it fixed and cleaned everything up BUT I m afraid some got deleted or changed on accident in the process My computer is old -- it doesn t even have a ethernet HELP! Can't connect to internet/wireless network port So a while back I installed a wireless adapter in my desktop and also purchased a D-Link wireless router This is how I connect to the internet Everything was fine until I was hit with all this spyware Like I said the spyware is gone but my computer might have been messed up in the process because I can t seem to connect to the internet anymore It looks like my IP address has changed Before it was But now it s I don t know why or how it changed But even if I change it to it still doesn t connect I read on this forum that I should try Start gt Run gt CMD etc BUT every time I try to run CMD I get an error saying quot Another program is currently using this file quot And it won t let me do anything So then I tried to see what s running under my task manager But when I try to CTL ALT DELETE the task manager doesn t even open Even if I right-click on the task bar and choose quot task manager quot it won t open What gives Any suggestions I know I should get a new computer soon but I need to connect to the internet I m at an internet cafe as I type Help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

My computer won t connect to my network I goto my list of wireless networks chose my home network and press laptop won't network/internet my connect my Why to connect Then a prompt comes up and says quot Windows is unable to connect to the selected network The network may no longer be in range Please refresh the list of available networks Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet and try yo connect again quot I m in the same room as the router so I know I Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet m in range It won t let me connect to any other networks either other than one named VirusHost The VirusHost doesn t sound like a network I want to be connected to though When I start my computer in Safe Mode with Networking I can connect to the Internet so I don t know what the deal it Also it seems this happened awhile back and a friend of mine did something in the Internet options advanced settings to fix the problem Not sure exactly what he did

A:Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet

Try...with IE open...Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab. Near the bottom, click on the LAN Settings button. Make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376360/why-wont-my-laptop-connect-to-my-networkinternet/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I have a Linksys E1200 wireless router and I am having problems connecting to the internet. I can connect when plugged in to the cable modem directly. I can connect to the wireless network, but there is no internet connection. I ran ipconfig release and renew. I think it may be a DNS problem, but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any help.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dlink DIR-655 router which is currently connected and set up to my network. I worked perfectly for a few months but then my internet all of a sudden stop working. So I called costomer service and the tech. told me to go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings> Advanced, he then told me to change the HTTP and Port to his new settings. This magicly fixed my intenet connection on my desktop (XP) but when I tried to use the wireless on my laptops (Vista and Mac OS) nothing happend. The status on both laptops say "Connected" but the internet doesn't work. I have been researching this for quite some time now but haven't found a solution. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you- Drakb

Relevancy 52.89%

I currently cannot connect to the internet in normal mode or safe mode. The computer had 6 Trojan BHO viruses and were found using Maleware Byytes in Safe Mode and were removed. I still cannot connect to the internet. I have removed the network adapter and reinstalled and this did not fix the issue. I can connect to the wireless network but cant connect to the internet. I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unidentified Network and Can't Connect to the Internet

Quote:

The computer had 6 Trojan BHO viruses

You are still infected. Due to Forum Rules we cannot discuss or assist in virus removal here. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and post in that section of the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unidentified-network-and-cant-connect-to-the-internet-680054.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm seeing the issue everywhere but cannot find an answer for myself. I am currently on an old Dell Inspiron running Vista and have no problems connecting to my wireless network and getting online but the Lenovo G Series I just bought, that runs Windows 8, does not want to connect.

Firstly, I don't like that it's constantly trying to connect to a bunch of default networks that it CAN find that aren't mine. I want to disable those. I only want it to attempt to connect to mine.

In the middle of typing this, it looked like it was working for a moment, but then it went down again. To this new computer the signal is reading very weak or something. Every other device in my home can connect except for this new computer. It's a pain. Microsoft support documents, as you can imagine, are not particularly helpful.

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm running a home on connect to or desktop Cannot network internet my network for a Microsoft access Cannot connect to my network or internet on desktop database and one of the computers went down after a couple days of aggravated troubleshooting i have no idea what to do The computer in question is an HP running XP home edition SP it is equipped with a secondary gigabit Ethernet adapter and is wired into a switch that handles the database traffic The other day the connection switched from being connected and working fine to Limited or no connectivity i have tried using the repair function and it states that Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address I went into the command prompt and attempted ipconfig renew it takes a while and then the error message states Ab error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out Research on the internet suggested it was a Winsock error so i attempted the netsh int ip reset resetlog txt and netsh reset winsock catalog in the command prompt to no avail The device manager claims there is nothing wrong with my adapters i have tried installing the latest drivers i tried resetting the switch and the modem its hooked up to i replaced the Ethernet cables with ones i know work The services for DHCP client and Remote Procedure Call are both started and automatic At the moment i cant think of anything else I've done or any other relevant info i will provide requested information that could help solve the problem and i appreciate any and all help Thank you Jay

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532835/cannot-connect-to-my-network-or-internet-on-desktop/
Relevancy 52.89%

I ve a HP Compaq pc in network It was baught months back From the begining it has no antivirus So i think it was infected with viruses So from month i m not able to access internet In any web browser But i can access the shared folders in the network And ping is working And remaining computers in the network can access network, access internet can connect to not able but to I internet So here is what i did to rescue the pc So first i installed norton and scanned for viruses and deleted all threats But no use I scanned pc with malwarebytes and deleted all threats found But no use I still not able to access internet I read in some forum that by running winsock xp fix can recover the issue So i run Winsock XP Fix But no use Later I saw somewhere in the google that Norton will prevent accessing internet so i uninstalled norton with norton removal tool Still not able to access internet I cant reinstall xp because its not I can connect to network, but not able to access internet my own and it is provided by my institution And i didnt have recovery cd too I m running Suse Linux in the same pc Dual Booting XP I can connect to network, but not able to access internet SUSE In suse linux everything working fine Plz help me Plz Plz suggest me any solution I m breaking my head to solve this Here I m HijackThis log file ------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchksrv exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files Intel AMT UNS exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE I can connect to network, but not able to access internet C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchk exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO Softonic English Toolbar - f -f f - -bac -e ec e - C Program Files Softonic English tbSof dll O - Toolbar Grab Pro - C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader GrabPro dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dll O - Toolbar Softonic English Toolbar - f -f f - -bac -e ec e - C Program Files Softonic English tbSof dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run atchk quot C Program Files Intel AMT atchk exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Orbit lnk C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exe O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - Service Intel R Active Management Technology System Status Service atchksrv - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Int... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-connect-to-network-but-not-able-to-access-internet.840601/
Relevancy 52.89%

I can connect to my router and it shows that it has internet connection. I can access folders on my local network, but i cannot browse the internet. IE and Chrome do not work. Could someone please suggest something?
Thanks

A:Cant connect to internet, but can to local network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You might want to try a Power Cycle.

Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233442-cant-connect-internet-but-can-local-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

First of all compliments of the season to one and network. Cannot internet on connect home to all from a very grey UK I would be grateful for any help with a problem I have connecting to my wireless home internet that I think is Cannot connect to internet on home network. virus related I have a Samsung netbook which has a built Cannot connect to internet on home network. in SIM card for connection to the internet it s with Vodaphone A while back we got a wireless router at home so I can connect via either and have been doing so without problem for several weeks For the past few days I haven t been able to connect via the home system although I can through the mobile broadband system Additionally I definately have not been getting updates from Microsoft I cannot seem to even download them manually I ve run Malwarebytes with the latest update but it shows nothing I also have a Windows Security Centre icon on the bottom right which is showing me that Automatic Updates is switched off is this icon legit or a virus I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials and everytime I boot the system it tells me there is the Alureon E trojan but despite several cleans it never seems to go Any help would be appreciated

A:Cannot connect to internet on home network.

I suggest you post in the Am I Infected Forum on this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434717/cannot-connect-to-internet-on-home-network/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell XPS 400 running Windows XP. I am currently able to connect to a network that I have setup with the main PC being a Dell XPS 420 running Windows Vista. The Vista PC can access the internet no problem but the XP PC cannot. Here is a list of the hardware I have installed. Looking for any help I can get.

Westell DSL Modem from AT&T (No model #)
Linksys WRT150N Router

Relevancy 52.89%

i have a conpaq presario cq60-211dx with vista home basic. Also, I have two macintosh desktops. I can connect wirelessly to the internet fine on my desktops, but on the laptop I cannot. If i use the ethernet cord, the internet works, but not wirelessly. It says I am connected to the network, but the internet browser won't work.

A:can connect to network, but not to wireless internet

Did you make SURE you have the correct encryption key for the desktop? Remove any stored wireless profiles and search for new networks and connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-not-to-wireless-internet.832018/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everybody,
My windows 7 connection has always been able to conenct to the internet through any type of connection wifi or with wire.
But this time - i am in another country, Colombia - and the computer can only get connected to the network but i don't have the rest of the connection: no internet at all.
Even if I directly connect the ethernet cable to my computer it doesn't work...
Any idea to resolve that ?

Cheers everybody !

A:Unable to connect to the internet, only to the network

Hi tessiermaurice welcome to the forums.

Couple of questions to help us troubleshoot:
1. Are there any other machines on the network? If so do they have an Internet connection?
2. Is it on ALL networks, or one network in particular?
3. If on one network in particular, how is the network set up? is it a router or a modem?
4. Please open command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" and post the results back.

Also, please fill out your System Specs it will help us enormously, both now and for future problems.
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96048-unable-connect-internet-only-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

my pc shows to be connected to the network but not connecting to the internet. This computer is about 3-4 years old, running vista home premium 64 bit. I am absolutely clueless what to do. All advise is appreciated.

I should add I'm trying to connect via wi-fi. I have other computers and devices working just fine.

Thanks, Christine

[ATT

A:network connect, but no internet connection

Hi Christine.

Has it been connecting to Wi-Fi before in the past?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297653-network-connect-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have been having an internet connection problem recently. My laptop can connect to networks, but not to the internet. I have tried two locations with wireless networks, and both do not work on my computer, but do on other computers, so I know it is my computer and not the network that is the problem. Do you have any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Jimmy

Relevancy 52.89%

I ve run into a bit of a strange circumstance here where one of the computers connected through the router suddenly cannot connect to the Internet No one had touched the computer since last night when it was working fine and today I m told it was running Windows Update and restarting just before someone tried to use on connect Internet cannot to network One computer it Google s not coming up with anything that works for me so I thought I d try here This computer s running Windows XP and uses cable Internet One computer on network cannot connect to Internet through a router that two other computers are hooked up to Every setting I checked was telling me One computer on network cannot connect to Internet that the computer was connected to a working internet connection but no program is able to access it Restarting the router changed nothing nor did restarting the computer or running the diagnostic tool Internet Explorer prompted me with This is what the IE diagnostic tool gave me Last diagnostic run time Gateway Diagnostic Gateway info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE Automatically Detect Settingsisabled Automatic Configuration Script Proxy Server Proxy Bypass list info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in try ies info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in try ies warn Hostname www microsoft com could not be resolved Error code x afc Could be either gateway or DNS issue action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies warn There is no default gateway entry info Redirecting user to support call IP Layer Diagnostic Corrupted IP routing table info The default route is valid info The loopback route is valid info The local host route is valid info The local subnet route is valid Invalid ARP cache entries action The ARP cache has been flushed IP Configuration Diagnostic Invalid IP address info Valid IP address detected Wireless Diagnostic Wireless - Service disabled Wireless - User SSID Wireless - First time setup Wireless - Radio off Wireless - Out of range Wireless - Hardware issue Wireless - Novice user Wireless - Ad-hoc network Wireless - Less preferred Wireless - x enabled Wireless - Configuration mismatch Wireless - Low SNR WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP passed the loopback communication test info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP passed the loopback communication test info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel R PRO VM Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport... Read more

A:One computer on network cannot connect to Internet

DHCP is disabled, not sure why you run that way.

Let's try a stack reset.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-computer-on-network-cannot-connect-to-internet.670041/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Studio running on Windows Vista I m not much of a Technical Savvy so forgive my inability to explain my the issue better Anyway Cannot Network internet?! to Adapter?! No connect my computer stopped being able to connect to the internet a few days No Network Adapter?! Cannot connect to internet?! ago and a quot Dell Wireless WLAN Controller closed and stopped working quot or something along those lines box would keep on popping up I did some reading around on the internet and decided that maybe I needed to update the quot drivers quot for it so I went to the Dell website and downloaded the most recent version for my Dell Wireless WLAN mini card that didn t seem to help any after I installed it So I went ahead and uninstalled it I assume I must have uninstalled something I shouldn t have and now I m stuck at the same problem I can t connect to the internet In Network Connections it continually says that quot Windows cannot find any networks quot In Device Manager under Network Adapters it doesn t list the card there although it lists quot Broadcom Netlink TM Gigabit Ethernet quot And from some suggestions I found on the net I tried ipconfig all in the comand promt and it says quot media disconnected quot WHAT THE HELL Can somebody help me out here nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi. I have 4 computers connected to my network. 2 are wired, 2 are wireless. the one i am having a problem with was wired, and is now wireless. i am connected to the network, but cannot connect to the internet. i had the same problem before when it was wired. (we moved the computer to a new location in the house and would now like to be able to access the internet, where aws before it was not important.) i clicked "diagnose connection problems" and it says there is a problem with the winsock provider catalog. i reset it, and restart and that does not fix the problem. the 3 other computers i have no problem connecting to the internet. please help! thank you. gloria

A:connected to network, cannot connect to internet

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.
If this is XP-SP2, you probably used the wrong WINSOCK repair, try this.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-cannot-connect-to-internet.619224/
Relevancy 52.89%

Came to pick some brains for help Trying to help OP Rickman at Qwest net forums Told him I would post about problem over here Because of connectivity problems he has just switched his old Actiontec GT -WG for a new Actiontec GT -WG His statement of problem The Vista desktop is connected through ethernet and the XP laptop is wireless I am on my own wireless network and both computers can access the Internet but cannot share files or printer The Vista desktop will show the XP laptop in Network but clicking on it gets a quot Cannot communicate message quot On connect computers but network Can not internet, on to the XP laptop trying to see Workgroup computers gets a message quot Network is not accessible You might not have permissions quot I cannot ping one machine from the other I never tried to ping them when file sharing printing worked before but I would expect that they could I seem to remember some setting on the modem that I Can connect to internet, but not computers on network was told to change to make the networking happen the first time but it was years ago Thank you for you help What I have done so far Asked how he tried to ping Suggested if he pinged only by name to try pinging by actual IP address of each computer Remember seeing a thread here about Hostname IP Address resolution causing similar problem that was solved but couldn t find it Thanks DLSayremn nbsp

A:Can connect to internet, but not computers on network

I suggest the person with the issue post directly. It's much easier to assist without a middleman, and if he can post there, he should be able to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-computers-on-network.806805/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Toshiba Qualcomm Atheros AR x wireless network Windows and this is the first time I cleaned my laptop since I got the laptop months ago I did hours ago with ccleaner both the cookies registry free space and also scanned for virus with avast I've always had avast installed since I got my laptop Afterwards I was able to connect to the Internet hours ago I changed rthe password to my hotspot and it just won't connect anymore I'm connecting via my iPhone hotspot I have been using my hotspot and my laptop for more than months without any problem Each time I try to connect I see that it is trying to connect but breaks off I know because at that point my antivirus connect for my can't connect see this but internet, to me. Please can My laptop help Network a second and drop Please help me. My laptop can see my internet, but can't connect to this Network off Please can someone help me I am not a computer guru I don't even know what to do or where to go to in the computer I tried to forget the network and reconnect I rebooted my laptop and iPhone but it's not working I checked various forum to see if someone's situation fits mine- from a forum I saw a comment to check your Please help me. My laptop can see my internet, but can't connect to this Network ipconfigure on run I did it says media disconnected Please I need help

A:Please help me. My laptop can see my internet, but can't connect to this Network

I went to the control panel, recovery and restore back the previous setting. My laptop is connected now. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616345/please-help-me-my-laptop-can-see-my-internet-but-cant-connect-to-this-network/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've installed SCientific Linux 7.1 x64 at hyper-v as guest on windows 10 x64 as host followed tenforum's excellent guide - Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10[2]=Virtualization

The problem is network connected, but could not connect internet and browse web page as shown in the attached photo.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:Network connected but could not connect internet

In Hyper-V Manager, please right click the vm in question and select Settings. Take a screenshot of the Settings window and post it here.

In case you need help in posting the screenshot, please see this tutorial: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/30488-network-connected-but-could-not-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there apologies connect internet Solved: but to Can network, not for asking about what looks like a very common problem but I have no idea what I m doing wrong here Any help would be greatly appreciated I got a wireless router to enable a laptop a couple of rooms away to get on the web It seems like everything went fine when setting up the router The laptop manages to find the network and connects to it When I fire up Internet Explorer though it cannot display any sites despite quot excellent quot or quot very good quot signal strength Incidentally the computer I m typing this on now is a desktop PC connected via a separate modem directly into the Solved: Can connect to network, but not internet wall socket I don t know if this is an issue or not So there you go Here s some more info for you guys - I live in Solved: Can connect to network, but not internet the UK and my internet provider is Tiscali - The router is a Belkin Wireless G Modem Router - The laptop has a Broadcom b g WLAN thing together with HP Wireless Assistant to help connect This is what I get when I do ipconfig all in the laptop s command window C Documents and Settings Ellie Roberts gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ellie Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Solved: Can connect to network, but not internet DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Internerd Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A -A -CE- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained August Lease Expires January This is what I get from pinging the IP address looks like it doesn t work C Documents and Settings Ellie Roberts gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss This is what I get from pinging the default gateway looks OK C Documents and Settings Ellie Roberts gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms This is what I get from pinging C Documents and Settings Ellie Roberts gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from Destination net unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms and this is what I get from pinging yahoo com C Documents and Settings Ellie Roberts gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Can connect to network, but not internet

Not often we see a problem pinging self while success pinging the router. Probably a 3rd party firewall (security suite) blocking.

The inability to ping an internet site could maybe also be firewall, but ...

I'm concerned about your statement, "connected via a separate modem." You can use only one DSL modem on one phone line, and only one cable modem on one cable connection. Does the WAN side of the router get a good IP configuration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-connect-to-network-but-not-internet.741671/
Relevancy 52.89%

I did some moving around of computers and when I hooked everything back up I had to go in a manually configure the gateway and DNS IP so now I can connect to the internet but I cant see the other computers on my network nor can they see me.

I am not sure what to do.

Karen

A:Can connect to Internet but not local network

Need more information.
1. What is your gateway (i.e. Linksys Router)
2. Where you using DHCP prior to the move?
3. Are you using the DNS servers that your ISP provides?
4. Can the other computers on the network see each other?

Anything else you can provide to give us a clearer picture of how your network was setup prior to and post move.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-local-network-224594.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there I am currently experiencing Network difficulties The home network I currently am using had been running fine this afternoon until this evening where I started experiencing frequent drop outs disconnecting me from the internet whilst I remained access internet network, Can to available connect no connected to the network itself Now finally I am unable to access the internet at all from the network with my computer identifying it as a quot Local only quot connection despite my phone being able to access Can connect to network, no internet access available the internet with no trouble Here is the information gathered from TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Can connect to network, no internet access available Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count Can connect to network, no internet access available RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Penryn SLI- dB Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled And here is the results of entering ipconfig into CMD whilst connected to the network Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix My current router is a Belkin AC DB although I had this exact problem previously internet working fine for a few days then all of a sudden not working at all with no change in settings with our last router a DLink which was the reason for the change I am connecting wirelessly I also have disabled IPv and set IPv to automatically assign an IP and a DNS Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I just got a new laptop about 2 months ago and it worked fine until 3 weeks ago. I am unable to get on the internet anymore, the other computer connected to this router can get on it. When I run the Windows Network Diagnostics it says that it cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server, and to reset the Network Adapter "Wireless Network Connection". I do this but it always comes up saying there is a problem that they couldnt fix. The other computer connected to the router is XP, does it matter that the other 2 have Vista?

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I would appreciate it! Thanks!

A:Help! I cant connect to the internet through my home network!

Hi. . .

No, it does not matter if Vista or XP or the number. Multiple Vista laptops plus XPs and others on wifi here.

A few things to try -

Use Ethernet connection to Vista laptop and see if IE7 connects - whether to Internet or just local or not at all.

Go into Device Manager and un-install the Vista laptops network adapters -
START | type devmgmt.msc & hit enter | expand network adapter tree, right-click on each, select un-install. Repeat for each one there until all gone. Re-boot - Vista will re-install them.

What anti-virus are you using and is there a firewall besides/in addition to the Windows Firewall?

Did your laptop come with an Internet Security Suite trial offer - like Norton, Kaspersky, McAfee, etc...? Doesn't matter if you accepted trial or not.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-through-my-home-network-302255.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got a laptop that connects to my router and picks up an IP address. Not it sends packets out but stops receiving packets after the IP address has been configured. It can ping other computers on the network and vice versa but I get the dreaded "page cannot be displayed" error message when trying to view google or other websites.

I've restarted the DNS client and DHCP services. Cleared out the DNS entries on the laptop. I've reset the IE6 settings back to default. The network connection is set to automatically detect the settings.

It recently had that horrible "XP Antivirus 2008" virus and I removed it by using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.

Am drawing blank as to what to try next, any ideas??

Relevancy 52.89%

Alright I dont really know where to start hardware to the Internet gone connect & is cant Network I had Windows Xp Network hardware is gone & cant connect to the Internet Media Edition on a computer I just reformatted but apparently its not the right disc and I just installed the Xp version only Of course Im worried about it taking my Media xp number but that is not my main concern at this time After reformatting I can not connect to the internet and the computer can not find my network hardware Im familiar with reformatting and such and I have never had this much problems Im not showing any kind of LAN connection and Im at a loss for what to do Ive been trying to fix this all day and any help would be appreciated Also in device manager I have several things that have a yellow question mark beside them but have no way to update the drivers since I cant connect to the internet Not sure what other information I need to list since I am beyond frustrated but let me know and I can post whatever info you need Thanks for your time and help with this issue

A:Network hardware is gone & cant connect to the Internet

On another computer with internet and go to the Computer Manufacturers Support Web site and put in your Make and Model # or Asset Tag # and download the drivers you need to a Flash drive, bring the flash to the computer in question and install the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-hardware-is-gone-and-cant-connect-to-the-internet-445861.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows -bit Home Premium ACER Aspire X Nvidia Nforce ethernet Cable internet SB Cable modem When I try to connect to Unidentified connect Network Can't internet, the internet it just says quot identifying quot then says it is an quot unidentified network quot I've tried Resetting the modem Checked all cables Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Disabled amp enabled the drivers It's set to automatically connect to DNS Updating the ethernet with the latest from Microsoft Ran ipconfig Can't connect internet, Unidentified Network release and renew Tried another modem and new cables Tried other houses with DSL amp Cable internet I installed a USB wireless device which worked when I tested it in wireless areas But so far nothing has worked for the wired part At one point before all this started the internet worked intermittently and would work at other houses perfectly So I assumed it was my modem or connection at my house But then I plugged another PC into my modem and it worked instantly So I know there is no physical problem with my connection modem or cables

A:Can't connect internet, Unidentified Network

Try resetting your TCP/IP stack by doing the following. Right click the Command Prompt (CMD.EXE) and select "Run as Administrator".

Run the following command netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

please post results of an ipconfig /all command here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158833-cant-connect-internet-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

hi posting no to network, wireless internet connect Can but for the first time here i have a toshiba satellite laptop and in Can connect to wireless network, but no internet my house we are using a billion wireless router i am running windows vista and the network appears available and i am able to connect to it fine but once connected i am unable to get onto the internet a problem which does not occur for all others using the network In the house we have a spare BT homehub wireless modem we use the billion though as speeds are MUCH faster and i was able to get onto the internet fine with that until this week where sometimes the network isnt even being recognised using this modem and other times is recognised but wont let me onto it Can connect to wireless network, but no internet during the Can connect to wireless network, but no internet time that the homehub was working i was able to connect using that then disconnect it reconnect the billion modem and then the internet would work on my laptop very confusing but that meant having to do this every time i switched my laptop on and now that the homehub is playing up for me then things are even more difficult and i am having to revert to the good old ethernet cable which works perfectly with either modem by the way Any help you can give me on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated as it is very annoying if you need any more details from me feel free to ask ive seen a lot of great responses in these forums and hope you can help me with my problem as you ve helped countless others and sorry for the long post Thanx in advance Gary nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I really hope someone can help me.

I have a wireless internet connection at home and was using the Internet fine up until a couple of days ago. Now, whenever I try to view a webpage I get the "page cannot be displayed" error page, my messenger services cannot log on either so I'm assuming I have no Internet connection. However, all the other computers and the laptop in the network are working fine (hence me being able to post this). My computer says that it has a "Very Good" connection to the network and I don't see anything wrong. I have tried rebooting several times, repairing the connection, disconnecting and reconnecting but nothing seems to work.

Please does someone know what could possibly have happened? It is very frustrating having to borrow someone elses computer just to view my emails etc.

Thanks in advance, sammantha

A:I Cannot Connect To The Internet On My Wireless Network

Are you able to Ping you router?

go to "Start" and click on run
Type in "CMD" wihtout the " " in the box and hit run, then in the window type in Ping and then your routers IP address. so it would look like this:
ping 192.168.1.1 or ping 192.168.0.1

Try that and then post back and we will see what eles we can do about it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58213/i-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-on-my-wireless-network/
Relevancy 52.89%

I volunteer at a church school and one of the students asked me if I could work on her home pc. It's running W2000 Pro on a Dell Optiplex GL150 with PIII and 256Mb RAM, IE 6 installed.

It had 45 or so viruses, malware, adware, spyware which were successfully removed however there may be more but I can connect to the internet to update the scanners which I'm using nor the online scanner that I'd like to use.

It's running much faster now but I'm confused as to why this beast won't connect. Could something be corrupt? I've done a repair on IE 6 to no avail.

Please help as these folks can't afford to take this into a shop and there are four kids in this family that need it for school.

Thanks so much and may God bless you all for helping others out!!!
Peter

Relevancy 52.89%

I just had to format my hardrive and reinstall Windows XP.

Now I am trying to connect to the internet via my already establisched Cable -> Router -> PC network but no matter what I try the 'Wizard' doesn't seem to do what I need.

I obviously have a connection at the cable modem and router since I was able to use the other PC in my house to post this.

The PC I just formatted IS connected exactly the same way it was before I reinstalled XP (with a hard line directly to the router).

I am frustrated that this is so non-intuitive.

Can someone PLEASE walk me through getting the PC to be able to connect to the internet again.

A:Unable to connect to internet/network

Is the network driver installed for your network card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-network.155831/
Relevancy 52.89%

I can connect to a wireless net work with an "excellent" signal, but it will not let me get on the internet. If I plug the ethernet cable into the router, then it lets me get online. I think that something on the laptop is not set up right, but I don't know what it could be. My room-mate is able to get onto the internet with a connection to the same wireless network/router. Please help me, I don't know anything about this stuff. Thanks

A:can connect to wireless network, but no internet

How exactly do you have your wireless setup? What type of encryption? Do you have the DNS servers specified, or taken from DHCP? Are you manually assigning an IP address, or are you getting it from the DHCP? Can you ping www.google.com?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet.90845/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have an Acer Aspire about days ago for no apparent reason i lost ability to connect to internet I have tried can't unknown connect to please internet...network any help via wifi personal hotspot ethernet lead At the bottom of the screen where it shows the internet usage looks like a graph has been greyed out and there is a yellow star in the middle When i open network and sharing centre normally the name of my laptop is at the top of the page where it says view your basic network information now it says quot unknown quot I ve tried everything inluding using another laptop to download adapter drivers these can't connect to any internet...network unknown please help have been updated also when my list of wifi options shows when i try to connect i it says limited connetion available i ve tried setting up new connection but nothing please help im lost without my laptop it must be something simple as i ve not done anything to my laptop it just seemed to happen overnight here s my Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F- -CA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - C-A -CE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter wireless network connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - C-A -CE- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - C-B -E D F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a computer, obviously not this one-that can not connect to the local network, and from this can not connect to the internet.

It's on windows xp sp2

recently had to allow MAC authentication to prevent certain neighbors from stealing our internet.

In the device manager nothing has a ! ? or flagged red.

but in the network folder it says that all the network connections are disabled, I've tried to figure out how to enable them but to no avail.

The computer is using a linksys wireless-b usb network adapter, and previously has worked.

what can I do to solve this problem.
sorry if you guys get this sort of question a thousand times per day.

A:Unable to Connect to Network//internet

Right-click on the network connections and select Enable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-to-network-internet-266245.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I m trying to help a friend out with connecting from a wireless router Thought it would be an easy fix--but not what I expected Problem is not getting to the internet I ve tried plugging a wired connection and wireless but no internet quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot and when I click on Diagnose Connection Problems - quot Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically quot It has worked before but not recently I ve updated the wireless card software ran anti-spyware antivirus programs ran winsockfix but nothing works It s a vista Home Premium not wireless but Able Internet to network connect to to O S- bit HP Pavillion So if you guys can provide some info Able to connect to wireless network but not to Internet I d greatly appreciate it Here is the IPconfig and ping information Also when I do nslookups I do get data returned C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mobile Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hawaiiantel net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Able to connect to wireless network but not to Internet hawaii net Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - E- A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db ad d e ebb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday May PM Able to connect to wireless network but not to Internet Lease Expires Wednesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hawaiiantel net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hawaiiantel net Description isatap hawaiiantel net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check the name and try a gain C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Windows system gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

A:Able to connect to wireless network but not to Internet

sorry to say i cant help you, all i can say is that i had the exact problem with my sister's Vista PC and after about 5 hours i gave up and did a restore, no amount of googling helped at all.

Hope someone can help you mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/able-to-connect-to-wireless-network-but-not-to-internet.147610/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have three computers on a wireless network. All were doing fine until yesterday afternoon. Then the main one I work on stopped being able to see the internet. I can see that it reaches the wifi router, but not the internet. I am on Uverse and have reset both that machine and the wifi cisco one multiple times, to no effect.

Am on Vista 7, primarily trying to use firefox, but the network sharing center can't figure out why this particular machine can't see the internet and is putting me at "local only"

Help????

Thanks
Carina

A:one computer in network can't connect to internet

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all
Three Ping tests
xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

R... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-computer-in-network-cant-connect-to-internet.1084572/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys I network' to to 'Unidentified while connect trying the internet just moved back home and installed my PC I have a static ip adress from 'Unidentified network' while trying to connect to the internet my isp to connect to the internet using a LAN cable The internet works fine on my notebook with the static ip's i am posting this through it My PC has two onboard LAN cards P Q-Deluxe MB one Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller and one Marvell Yukon PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet 'Unidentified network' while trying to connect to the internet Controller On my notebook i have a similar Marvell Yukon PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller I have downloaded the newest drivers 'Unidentified network' while trying to connect to the internet from the Asus website installed them didin't work installed the latest driver's from Marvell Yukon Website didin't work either The internet has worked properly before on this PC but with x i am now running x Enterprise my notebook is x home premium Another thing i should mention is that i coudn't get it to work with linux either no ping replies I have tryied disabling enabling one card at a time and no success Could it be a hardware problem since on my notebook works fine Could both LAN cards break down simultaneously I get the same details when typing ipconfig on both my notebook and my PC If you have any solutions for me i would be very gratefull What could it be the problem Thank you for reading this

A:'Unidentified network' while trying to connect to the internet

You can try this link first to see if it relates to your particular problem.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

This one might also help.
Unidentified Networks - Set as Private or Public

If you can post your ipconfig /all screen shot I might be able to help you more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114531-unidentified-network-while-trying-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just replaced my router and EVERY time I do anything the win 7 machine is a pain in the A to get connected again. My two macs (wireless) and my Vista PC (wired), not one single problem but this win 7 thing I can't get to connect. It is wired not wireless. Is there a good step by step somewhere to help with this. I know enough to get the basic setup done (setup the router no problem) but can't figure this simplified mess microsoft has created.

Relevancy 52.89%

We have a network of 50+ machines (wired Windows 7 and wireless imac). They connect to a Windows 2003 server and we use a number of switches for some of them.

Recently, several of the Windows 7 PCs will connect to the server and allow file sharing, etc but will not connect to the internet.

I've tried solutions such as this in the cmd but have no luck.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Several networked PCs connect to network but no internet

Solved - Restart Router... sometimes it's the obvious things that get missed

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378513-several-networked-pcs-connect-network-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m new here and have a problem that hopefully you can help me solve I recently purchased a new Dell computer which is running Windows It works great except I cannot get it to connect to the internet I am one of computers running in my house and mine is not the one with the direct ethernet connection My old computer which I am using now connects to the wireless router fine it uses XP and so do the other computers in the house also XP The new computer has a wireless card in it and it detects the network the name WIRE shows up in the list of available connections I have new wireless on connect will network not internet to computer typed in the encryption code to gain access to the network it says it new computer will not connect to internet on wireless network s trying to connect and ultimately says it cannot connect to the network The wireless indicator new computer will not connect to internet on wireless network on the router box very rarely comes on when the computer is turned on I have tried resetting my IP address I unplugged the router and plugged it back in I tried all the troubleshooting I could nothing helped I called the Dell tech support which did not help at all Does anyone know how to fix this PLEASE help if you do Thanks nbsp

A:new computer will not connect to internet on wireless network

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Dell's web site.

Are you able to connect successfully by ethernet? If yes ...

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

If you cannot connect by ethernet then uninstall or properly configure your firewall or security suite.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-will-not-connect-to-internet-on-wireless-network.1031049/
Relevancy 52.03%

My PC has not been able to connect to our Internet Wire for about a month now All other computers connecting to it are working fine In the past I have been able to connect very Home to Network and Unable Internet to Connect simply without any problems Then one day I restarted the computer and haven t been able to connect Unable to Connect to Internet and Home Network since It does recognize that it is connected to a Unable to Connect to Internet and Home Network network when I check Unable to Connect to Internet and Home Network the Local area Connection Status One thing that has been acting strange is the Windows Firewall Every time I try to open it up it gives me this message quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot Everytime I click quot YES quot it says it cannot start the service Also I ve tried using a network setup CD that i created from a working computer and once i restarted the comp it gave me a message saying quot C DOCUME DAVID amp LOCALS Temp IXP TMP WinXPChk exe could not be found quot I would appreciate any help I can get nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-and-home-network.723723/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m hoping someone can help internet connect Connections up cannot to - the LAN not Network showing in me out I m desperate Two days ago I booted my laptop and LAN not showing up in Network Connections - cannot connect to the internet found that I m not able to connect to the internet via LAN It didn t detect a connection even though my cable was plugged in It was able to detect the wifi networks from my neighbors but that s not an option i need the LAN I changed absolutely nothing nno updates downloads It just came out of nowhere I already eliminated a cable problem the laptop from my roommate was able to connect without a problem When I plug the cable in mine the lights on the port flicker making me believe that it s not a problem with my port either it s definitely a computer problem but I m not sure if it s my computer or my network adapter that s being a PITA When I go to the Device Manager the network adapter broadcom g is fine no red x or yellow exclamation point i have already tried turning it on and off and uninstalling and then rebooting no avail When I go to Network Connections however under the heading LAN or fast connections there is only the wireless connection no LAN connection or anything else I ve tried everything I could think of to get it back to work but nothing helps nbsp

A:LAN not showing up in Network Connections - cannot connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-not-showing-up-in-network-connections-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.1078180/
Relevancy 52.03%

"Install a driver for your network adapter
Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

I have no idea how to do that. If anyone has info about it, please let me know! (By the way, I'm writing this on my laptop.)

A:My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

Hello Srsasquatch and welcome to TenForums

You can view the device in Device Manager and it will show up with a yellow exclamation mark if it needs a driver installed. Right click on the start button and select Device Manager. Then scroll down to the Network adapter and right click on the adapter to update the driver. You may need to download a driver from the ASUS website if windows can't find one automatically.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61316-my-computer-wont-connect-internet-no-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 52.03%

We've had a wireless network for a about a year, haven't really had many problems with it, but one has come up now.

My desktop PC is connected to the wireless network, but for some reason, it is not connected to the Internet.

I know that the wireless network has Internet access because I'm using my laptop through it as I speak!

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

I just got a new laptop about 2 months ago and it worked fine until 3 weeks ago. I am unable to get on the internet anymore, the other computer connected to this router can get on it. When I run the Windows Network Diagnostics it says that it cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server, and to reset the Network Adapter "Wireless Network Connection". I do this but it always comes up saying there is a problem that they couldnt fix.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I would appreciate it! Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-im-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-through-my-home-network-302249.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just started to have a wireless network connection problem at one location of the main public wireless network I use Network diagnostics shows Cannot communicate with DNS server Intel PROSet Wireless Tools - Manual Diagnostics Tool shows a failure of the Ping Test I m using Vista I can connect to other wireless networks just fine and even the internet at location Can't to one connect network one wireless of same public wireless network at a different location same DNS server However at the main location I connect to the network but have no internet connectivity and shows IPv Connectivity Local and IPv Connectivity Limited My friends also running Vista can connect just fine to the internet at this location I found this http forums techguy org Can't connect to internet at one location of one wireless network networking ns-server html Which is closed or I would have posted there It recommends resetting the Winsock entries to default If I do this do I need to reinstall anything My other wireless network connections and remote desktop work great now If I do this reset will it effect these working connections nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok i my father got me a new labtop for my birthday i had an old Linksys Wireless Router laying around and i decided to hook it up. I have Vista and i used the HP Networking Assistant to connent to it. After i did everything it said to do, it couldnt locate the router. I tried and tried restarting everything still nothing. With the cat-5 cable hooked up to the Labtop instead of the desktop i can easily get online. Im still running the wires threw the router and thew internet works fine. I just want to tke the labtop out of the office and use it for other things. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-but-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.606985/
Relevancy 52.03%

I ran Combofix and it deleted a nasty virus but now I can not connect to network drives I internet Combofix network cant Have drive after connect to but do have internet though ComboFix - - - user - x Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running from c users user Desktop Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix ComboFix exe Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix AV Endpoint Security Manager Enabled Updated - - -B - A D SP Endpoint Security Manager Enabled Updated DF F -BFB - DE- B - FDD C E SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c program files Downloaded Installers c users Default AppData Roaming Checker tmp c users user g ax customer downloadhelper win x exe c users user g mdlhlpx exe c users user GoToAssistDownloadHelper exe c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB c windows NtUninstallKB Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix bckfg tmp c windows NtUninstallKB cfg ini c windows NtUninstallKB Desktop ini c windows NtUninstallKB keywords c windows NtUninstallKB kwrd dll c windows NtUninstallKB L xadqgnnk c windows NtUninstallKB lsflt ver c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows NtUninstallKB U c windows system drivers npf sys c windows system spool prtprocs w x x pp dll c windows XSxS c windows NtUninstallKB Failed to delete Drivers Services ------- Service NPF Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users user AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users esi AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users ntp AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers intelppm sys - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates BDAA-E - - E -ED DC CCD mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system tzres dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system EncDec dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system csrsrv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntoskrnl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntkrnlpa exe Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIRfsClientNP dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system Spool prtprocs w x LMIproc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIport dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIinit dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msvcp dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msvcr dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers RapportKELL sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system LMIRfsClientNP dll bak - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers tcpip sys - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot HPAdvisorDock quot quot c program files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor DOCK HPAdvisorDock exe quot - - quot Aim quot quot c program files AIM aim exe quot - - quot ShoreTel Personal Call Manager quot quot c program files Shoreline Communications ShoreWare Client ShoreTel exe quot - - quot RESTART STICKY NOTES quot quot c windows System StikyNot exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot hpsysdrv quot quot c program files hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exe quot - - quot PDF Complete quot quot c program files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot - - quot IgfxTray quot quot c windows system igfxtray exe quot - - quot HotKeysCmds quot quot c windows system hkcmd exe quot - - quot Persistence quot quot c windows system igfxpers exe quot - - quot HP KEYBOARDx quot quot c program files Hewlett-Packard HP Desktop Keyboard HPKEYBOARDx EXE quot - - quot HP Remote Solution quot quot c program files Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe quot - ... Read more

A:Have internet but cant connect to network drive after Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433621 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433621/have-internet-but-cant-connect-to-network-drive-after-combofix/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Im having trouble getting my computer to connect to the internet on the wireless network. The computer connects to the network and the signal strength is very good, but it still doesn't connect to the internet. A message comes up that says: "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assigned a network address to the computer"

The network was set up through my laptop (which is what im on now) and everything works fine on here. It connects to both the wireless network and the internet.

I have a Belkin Wireless G Mimo USB Network adapter for the computer.

A:Solved: Cant connect to internet on wireless network

This is marked solved, is that the case?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-internet-on-wireless-network.884400/
Relevancy 52.03%

I installed windows 7 about 5 minutes ago. I then tried to go to the internet and it says that there is not a properly installed network device. How do fix this? In vista in just worked.

A:Windows Seven can't connect to Internet or home network

I had the same problem with the Beta version on one of my machines. But I set up my network adapters manually with the drivers downloaded to a flash drive from another computer. I manually installed the ethernet card drivers. Once I got it online everything updated with no problems, including the wifi. When I installed the 7RC (a clean install, not upgrade) I did not have the same problem on that machine. The adapter worked on install. I was running Vista also.

Hope this helps...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/11131-windows-seven-cant-connect-internet-home-network.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I network "Could internet drives" no not all connection. connect with am unsure if these two problems "Could not connect all network drives" with no internet connection. are related but they happened at the same time so I believe it's worth mentioning I have a Gateway T-Series Model no T- also Model no W A with Windows Vista Home Premium This happened randomly I did not make any changes to the computer install uninstall anything etc I simply booted it up as I usually do to be greeted with the error message and no wireless capability At first I tried to troubleshoot why there were no available connections on this "Could not connect all network drives" with no internet connection. computer when I was using a different laptop on the internet right next to it with no problem The troubleshoot said that my wireless capability was turned off so I hit the shortcut keys for it Fn F which did absolutely nothing I went into the Mobility Center and the Turn Wireless On button was greyed out and unclickable I went into device manager and the Network drives were showing and they were up to date and seemed to have no error messages I have tried restarting refreshing the internet connection menu in the tray and the things mentioned above multiple times with no success whatsoever I found that from time to time the error message will not pop up upon startup usually if I wait a little bit before logging on with my password but no matter what I do it shows that I have no wireless capability and it will not let me change that Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:"Could not connect all network drives" with no internet connection.

Hello, and Welcome

It could be caused by a failing wireless card or one that is not properly seated. With the battery out and the power adapter detached, remove and reseat the Wireless card. You will need to unclick the antenna wires to do this. 

It could also be that the wireless driver is getting wonky and a updated drive download would help. I could not find anything regarding a wireless drive for this model.

Right click the Wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560821/could-not-connect-all-network-drives-with-no-internet-connection/