Windows Support Forum

Vista Ultimate X64 & new motherboard

Q: Vista Ultimate X64 & new motherboard

I'm sure this as been asked before, and I'm just not finding it.

My motherboard died and the replacement will be in next week. When I get the new one in, I'm sure my Vista installation will trip and say that it's not valid. What should I expect beyond that? And/or what should I do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista Ultimate X64 & new motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vista Ultimate X64 & new motherboard

A new mb is considered a new computer by MS, so yes there will be an activiaton obstacle, but not a problem

Activate by phone
Activate Windows 7 by Phone - Windows 7 Forums (same as Vista)

While installing do not give your key when asked, do not check install automatically when I am online

Get your Computer running the way you want it. Install programs etc and then back up on an external hard drive

Call the activation center. If there is a problem a rep will come on, tell him the problem and then he will activate you

Now replace the back up, (that was not needed, hopefully) and make a new back up.
You never have to activate again.

You want to be sure that you are happy before you activate, so you do not have to call again

Edit: you have 30 days to activate (can be extended, but that is not necessary)

Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282765-vista-ultimate-x64-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite P -S with windows vista home premium pre-installed One after installing vista Motherboard windows failure ultimate day i decided to upgrade to windows vista ultimate edition and as the computer restarted to finalize the installation all i saw was a black screen for a very long time so i decided to turn off the computer and turn it on again The problem is now that every time i turn on my computer i just see a black screen not even a Toshiba logo comes up just blackness I took it Motherboard failure after installing windows vista ultimate to Best Buy and the people there told me it was a motherboard issue and i could send it in and get it fixed for around i didn t want to do this because i thought i could just buy a whole new laptop with that money Was it really the motherboard that crapped out And if it was is there a way i can fix it myself note i have a soldering iron and some knowledge on hardware It would be really helpful if there was a cheaper solution or a how-to-guide someone can refer me to thanks Karimanator nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop running Windows 7, with a second hard drive that I want to use to backup my laptops. The laptops are able to access the network, the internet, and the printers attached to the network. However, when I try to backup to the "backup" the laptop drive, I am asked for a login and password. The default setting is no password required for file and printer sharing. My laptop is running Vista Ultimate. I have NOT set up a login and password for the desktop. How do I access the files on the desktop from the laptop, so I can backup the laptop?

A:networking Windows 7 Ultimate and Vista Ultimate cannot access shared folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-windows-7-ultimate-and-vista-ultimate-cannot-access-shared-folder.917777/
Relevancy 51.6%

So I have this OEM disk of windows vista that I bought when it came out. I want to format a computer and install windows 7 64bit ultimate on it. How do I go about using my vista liscence key for that? Is it possible to do a key transfer or something? Microsoft's website is all about windows 8 and I cant find any information

thanks!

A:Vista 32 bit ultimate liscence key to windows 7 64bit ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by astanar

I want to format a computer and install windows 7 64bit ultimate on it. How do I go about using my vista liscence key for that? Is it possible to do a key transfer or something?

You can't, you will need to buy a Windows 7 licence.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376268-vista-32-bit-ultimate-liscence-key-windows-7-64bit-ultimate.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This was an upgrade not a wiped custom install Machine is Intel desktop ASUS 64 ultimate from froze to upgrade win7 ultimate 64 vista P Q motherboard Intel Core Quad Q GHz Install from USB flash drive using MS dlownload manager executable because I have not received the backup CD media as yet I ordered online from MS Website because local retailer did not have it Install attempt on evening of froze at point of requesting entry of Product Key as I learned of the next morning USB wireless mouse and keyboard became non-functioning Forced power down so I could go to work Next evening power on to the same frozen display Powered down again and removed and disconnected all USB devices and audio connections Power on to reboot but boot is not successful even in Safe modes nor last known good version of OS Attached is my documented sequence of events upgrade from vista ultimate 64 to win7 ultimate 64 froze and hardware details What is my next move I do not want to have to do a clean install Continue Win install but wait until I receive CD from MS Revert to Vista by reloading from Vista CD

A:upgrade from vista ultimate 64 to win7 ultimate 64 froze

The latest: here it is Geb 20th of 2010 and I have long since abandoned attempting to resolve this failed Win7 upgrade. I have lost too much of my valuable time and lost the use of my primary business PC. It has been sitting in powered down state since mid-december. I even requested a refund from MS but they said no, more than 30 days had passed. To continue the business, I purchased a laptop with XP Pro and rebuilt or reloaded everything from backup storage.

Who has time to monkey around with software that does not work and or won't even install!!!

I was very dissatisfied with the Vista Ultimate OS I had been using for the previous year, but even more disappointed when the Win7 upgrade failed to even complete the install!!!

I plan to stick with the proven XP Pro OS on the new laptop plus the iMac for as long as possible; I'm done with Microsoft and their troublesome faulty software.

My patience has run out!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrade-from-vista-ultimate-64-to-win7-ultimate-64-froze-433724.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So my motherboard fried and i had to get a new one and when my board failed it crashed my hard drive. After I installed my new mobo, it was bsod looping on startup and wouldn't repair so I tried reinstalling 7 as it was my current os and it wouldnt work as it is an upgrade cd. I tried installing vista which came with my pc and it gets stuck at 0%. I then put xp on and upgraded to vista from xp. Now i have a working vista ultimate 32 bit os but it wont upgrade to 7 and yes it is compatible as I had it before my hard drive crash. It goes up to copying files at 35% and freezes for a while until I get an error code: 0x80070017 Please help!!! Thanks!

P.S. I bought my windows 7 cd not downloaded it.

A:Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit upgrade from vista ultimate gets stuck on 35%

Bump :( I really need help plz!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-ultimate-32-bit-upgrade-from-vista-ultimate-gets-stuck-on-35-a-492715.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi after searching for hours on google on this website i did find some threads about the whole bit vs ultimate bit and one thread will say you should update the other says no stay away from it I cant make my mind up so i thoguht maybe with my lap top specs it might help give a bettr idea of if i should so i bought ultimate vista with both and bit i did ultimate 32bit 64bit and vista ultimate install bit because i was stupid and did not look at both cds just wonderd why it had cds so after i realised by then i have installed everything vista ultimate 32bit and ultimate 64bit with bit and have the lap top the way vista ultimate 32bit and ultimate 64bit i like it so is it really worth formatting re installing everything i backed up bit versions of drivers and nod etc not sure if diskeeper works with bit or tune up utilities those where two programs i payed for but also my lap top i am not sure if its good enough to have a good experience on the bit i know it can install it but not sure if it will make a difference i have HP Pavilion dv - ea Entertainment Notebook PC specs What's In The Box HP Mobile Remote Control Product Number FV EAMicroprocessor GHz AMD Turion X Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM- Microprocessor Cache MB Level cacheMemory MB x MB Memory Max Up to GBVideo Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD GraphicsVideo Memory Up to MB MB dedicated Hard Drive GB Multimedia Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer -R -RW with Double Layer supportDisplay WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen x Fax Modem High speed K modemNetwork Card Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LANWireless Connectivity b g WLANSound Altec Lansing speakers D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound bit integratedKeyboard key compatiblePointing Device Touch Pad with On Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up Down pad volume control mute buttons Quick Launch ButtonsPC Card Slots One ExpressCard slot also supports ExpressCard External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards USB VGA port HDMI connector eSata connector RJ ethernet connector headphones-out mic-in IEEE remote control infrared port remote optional cable docking connectorDimensions cm W x cm D x cm min H cm max H Weight kgPower W AC Power Adapter -cell Lithium-Ion Li-Ion battery

A:vista ultimate 32bit and ultimate 64bit

Hello Paliometoxo,

I say that if you have 64-bit drivers available for all of your devices and none of your programs have issues with 64-bit Vista, then I would use the 64-bit Vista. This way your computer will use the full 4 GB of RAM instead of just up to 3.2 GB of it also.

It's really up to you though, but the article in this post can help show the differences between 32-bit and 64-bit to help you decide.

64-bit: More than just the RAM

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214536-vista-ultimate-32bit-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've tried to to Ultimate During 7 BSOD Ultimate from Vista upgrade upgrade from Vista Ultimate bit to Ultimate bit numerous times now all with the same result a BSOD during the install process which I get during what I think is the final step called quot Transferring files settings and programs quot The installation compatibility test warns me about my Nvidia drivers which I've attempted to both remove and upgrade to the latest version but that doesn't seem to make a difference I still get the warning during the compatibility check and I still get the blue screen I'm not sure that's even the problem either I can't easily remove replace the video card since my mobo doesn't have BSOD During upgrade from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate onboard video so I'd hopefully be able to avoid having to do that The error in the blue screen is a nebulous quot REFERENCE BY POINTER quot message The technical information is quot STOP x x x x xFFFFFFFF quot As a zip file I've attached the setup log error log compatibility report and what I think BSOD During upgrade from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate is the setup dump file all of which I found in C WINDOWS BT Sources Panther I believe that's the right place to look The logs complain about BthMig problems which I think has something to do with bluetooth but I don't have any bluetooth peripherals I've uninstalled things that I thought might have some bluetooth things in it like MS Intellitype maybe a stretch but again no difference System specs AMD Athlon X on an Asus M N SLI Deluxe with GB of ram and an Nvidia GeForce GT The hard drive I'm installing upgrading on has about GB free If anyone could help point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it a great deal Thanks in advance Moskie

A:BSOD During upgrade from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate

Greetings! Moskie and Welcome to the Se7en Forums!

On one quick look at the "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" error that seems to go back as far as Win 2000 there. STOP: 0x00000018 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) REFERENCE_BY_

Quote:
Error Message:
STOP: 0x00000018 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
Explanation:

This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. This indicates that a failure occurred while referencing an object by what should have been a referenced pointer.
User Action:

If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with Windows 2000. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows 2000 for the first time, check the Windows 2000 system requirements, including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows 2000. If Windows 2000 is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk, contact your technical support group.

Another reference that seems to be unavailble at MSDN is supposed to be at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...kmsgs/1139.asp "0x00000018: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" listed at Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages

The latest MS information however dated Oct. 1, 2009 is seen on the MSDN page at Bug Check 0x18: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER which refers to an unspecified driver calling a kernel routine as described there.

You may have to deinstall all addon device drivers or perform a full custom install if this can't be resolved for an upgrade. The one thing that seems to stand out in the setuper.log is the "2009-10-11 17:39:22, Warning MIG Failed to retrieve cached user domain name from the blackboard." item as well as the frequent "26, Info MIG No culture names found under folder (C:\Windows\system32\*.*" items that repeat frequently.

One more is "2009-10-11 18:00:42, Warning [0x080386] MIG Failure while instantiating IPostGather for Plugin={ServerPath="Microsoft-Windows-BTH-USER\bthmigplugin.dll", CLSID={e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}, ThreadingModel=Apartment}. Error: 0x80004002".

The last seen most is "2009-10-11 18:25:14, Warning [0x080329] MIG Cannot find file: X:\Users\(edited out)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Stationery\*.*".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/28668-bsod-during-upgrade-vista-ultimate-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to upgrade a computer from Vista Ultimate (32 bit) to 7 Ultimate (32 bit) and I keep receiving this error message:

"This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows. To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc. For more information, check your computer's system information. To install a new copy of Windows, restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc, and then select Custom (advanced)."

Now, I double-checked all the system requirements and the system is compatible with 7.

Help?

A:Trouble upgrade from Vista Ultimate(32) - 7 Ultimate 32

TS, welcome to the forums
What is the origin of the disk you are using? Can it be corrupted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32226-trouble-upgrade-vista-ultimate-32-7-ultimate-32-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Ultimate motherboard

All I have to say is WOW.....did I say WOW.....WOW WOW WOW. Here is a story from HardCore Ware. On the new Abit motherboard called the AT7 MAX.

What makes it so good......try 12, yes 12 IDE channels....read on gang.

Abit AT7 (KT333) Motherboard Review
Reviewed By: Carl Nelson [04.11.02]
Manufactured by: Abit
MSRP: $199

Never has the announcement of a motherboard created as much buzz around the PC hardware enthusiast community as the Abit "MAX" series of motherboards (something tells me they really wanted to call it "Matrix" instead). This line of boards, available on both Athlon and Pentium 4 platforms, is Abit's attempt at taking motherboards one step into the next generation, leaving things like legacy ports in its dust.Click to expand...

Full story and all the mouth watering details here

Hard Core Abit AT7 MAX

The only thing missing is dual CPU's and the kitchen sink !!

A:Ultimate motherboard (Abit AT7)

Man, that motherboard is loaded up with all kinds of goodies. I cant believe all the USB ports on it. That is very impressive, especially at its msrp of only 199.00.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-motherboard-abit-at7.1214/
Relevancy 49.02%

Gday On my husbands PC he had Vista Ultimate I bought from an online store Win Ultimate it turned out to be an MSDN copy which I have since returned to Microsoft To cut a long story short Win ended up being a total disaster So while I am waiting for Microsoft to get back to me I have reinstalled Vista The reinstall took a few attempts as at the time I didn't realise I had an MSDN copy of Win Now on his C he has - Windows I need that one Windows Windows Windows Windows old and Windows 7 Upgraded from Ultimate Ultimate Win Vista to old To clean up his C I used Disk Cleanup which was supposed to have removed Windows old and Windows old However whenever I open his Windows Explorer window all of the above are there I want to remove both of the quot old quot folders but windows will not let me Scratch that I found a useful site How to remove the windows old folder in Windows Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate amp Vista worked a charm Now for these other folders Windows Windows and Windows are they necessary The Windows folder the one I am definitely keeping has folders in it Windows Windows and Windows all have folders I am guessing they are leftovers from the Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate previous install but I would like some assurance before Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate I delete them The main reason's I am wanting to tidy up my husbands PC is a I like a tidy PC and b he is experiencing lock ups and as it is yet another reinstall on his PC after the Win fiasco I am getting sick of his whining

A:Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate

What you should do is back up any files and documents you want to keep, then erase the entire hard drive and do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115233-upgraded-vista-ultimate-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there everyone! I have a little project that i'm planning to do:

I'm running Win XP Pro in English Intl, I want to go to win7 Ultimate Dutch as an inplace upgrade through Vista Ultimate. Which Vista Ultimate language version do i use? I think i HAVE to use Vista Ultimate Dutch right? Because somewhere i read i have to use the same os language for an inplace upgrade to be possible for win7. But can i upgrade my XP Pro English Intl to Vista Ultimate Dutch? Thanx in advance.

A:XP Prof -> Vista Ultimate -> 7 Ultimate

i have to recommend against doing this.you should just back up your data from xp and do a clean install of 7 and import your data into there. you will experience significantly fewer problems and have a more stable OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/73124-xp-prof-vista-ultimate-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 49.02%

As above, it shows that it is incompatible, and that I can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit and vice versa. Duh, I know that, that's why I picked 64 bit when I already have 64 bit Vista.

I'm doing this within Windows by the way, not from boot.

What might be the problem? Doing this from the computer in my comp specs (Qosmio X305-q708), came standard with Vista 64-bit Ultimate. (Also does the same on another one of my 64 bit machines running Vista ultimate)

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Gday On my husbands PC he had Vista Ultimate I bought from an online store Win Ultimate it turned out to be an MSDN copy which I have since returned to Microsoft To cut a long story short Win ended up being a total disaster So while I am waiting for Microsoft to get back to me I have reinstalled Vista The reinstall took a few attempts as at the time I didn't realise I had an MSDN copy of Win Now on his C he has - Windows I need that one Windows Windows Windows Windows old and Windows old To clean up his C I used Disk Cleanup which was supposed to have removed Windows old Upgraded from Vista to Win 7 Ultimate Ultimate and Windows old However whenever I open his Windows Explorer window all of the above are there I want to remove both of the quot old quot folders but windows will not let me Scratch Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate that I found a useful site How to remove the windows old folder Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate in Windows amp Vista worked a charm Now for these other folders Windows Windows and Windows are they necessary The Windows folder the one I am definitely keeping has folders in it Windows Windows and Windows all have folders I am guessing they are leftovers from the previous install but I would like some assurance before I delete them The main reason's I am wanting to tidy up my husbands PC is a I like a tidy PC and b he is experiencing lock ups and as it is yet another reinstall on his PC after the Win fiasco I am getting sick of his whining

A:Upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate

First off all you need to check which Windows Folder is being used by Vista and Which ones Aren't

It is very Likely that the normal Windows folder is being used by Vista and the others are the old Windows Folders?

Also can I ask how did you Re install Vista? Repair Install, Fresh Install or Recovery from a Partition?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283582-upgraded-vista-ultimate-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I currently have a system with a core 2 quad chip xq6700 intel that was installed with XP then upgraded to Vista Ultimate 32 bit and now I'd like to upgrade the whole system to 64 bit Vista ultimate. Is this doable, Will Windows Office 2007 still work? I'm ultimately wanting to install some video software editing program like Avid Media Center, should I try this or set up a dual boot system or what?

Gypsy Nick

A:Can I upgrade from Vista ultimate 32 bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit?

You cannot upgrade from X86 to X64, you have to do a clean install.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/169494-can-i-upgrade-vista-ultimate-32-bit-vista-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, You may have noticed me as i am a new user to this site. I done some research on building a PC, however i have made a conclusion. I will upgrade my CPU and my motherboard rather then building it from scratch. I need some suggestions on upgrading my motherboard and CPU, my budget is around ?100. However i could raise slightly if the specifications of the CPU and motherboard would give me intensive results. I would dearly appreciate your comments, and i would love help you as well if it's in my knowledge. Thank you for the support.

My current Specifications are;

OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Operating System
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 GHz
Motherboard
ASUS P5LP-LE
Memory
(1024MB DDR PC2-5300 X2) (1024 DDR PC2-6400 X2)
Graphics Card(s)
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (512MB DDR2 RAM)

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Motherboard and CPU Upgrade

Probably get 4gb of memory would give you a big boost!
MemoryDual channel memory architecture
Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
Supports PC2 3200 (400 MHz), PC 4200 (533 MHz) and PC2 5300 (667 MHz) DDR2 DIMMs
non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 4 GB*

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/74208-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-motherboard-cpu-upgrade.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have what is essentially a dv6985se hp pavilion notebook pc.  The case is the copper colored model special edition.  Because the notebook's motherboard is (lack of a better way to explain it), "tatooed" with windows vista, I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit sp1 and cannot up date windows update in spite of many trouble shooting attempts. So, my ultimate question is there a motherboard more modern, say like the dv6163cl, I have in a newer model notebook I own.  The dv6700 FE11UA in question here is a model I want to keep using in hopes of upgrading what ever I need to upgrade inside THIS UNIT that will work??  Any and all suggestions would help me greatly in my choices if any. 

A:Motherboard alternative that supports windows 7 ultimate not...

The motherboard you have should support Windows 7 just fine. I have a similiar vintage laptop that shipped with Vista that I have been running Windows 7 on for several years. I'm not sure what the exact problem is- but it seems you have upgraded to Windows 7 with success but can not use Windows Update. Is that correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Motherboard-alternative-that-supports-windows-7-ultimate-not/td-p/5759166
Relevancy 47.3%

CPU-Z Validator 3.0

Check that link and look under the main heading of my processor name where it shows my OS.

A:W7 is "Vista Ultimate 6.1 Ultimate Edition Build 7000"

yep, just type "winver" in start menu search tool, then enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1795-w7-vista-ultimate-6-1-ultimate-edition-build-7000-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I was planning to do several driver upgrades on Thursday including Bios. So I used the vista Complete PC Backup - and Imaged drive C to a portable HD.

Everything went fine ....

Laptop is a toshiba satellite 32 bit running Ultimate.

Sure enough it crashed on one of the reboots - 5 chkdsks later I gave up and put in the DVD recovery disks I got from Future shop when I purchased it in OCT 2007.

Well - it installed Vista HOME (although it came with Ultimate - I do not have windows disks). Vista home apparently only does traditional back-ups and restores.

I want to take it back to Thursday. Is there anything I can do to restore the VHD image on my system .....

Pulling my hair out here ...

Thanks in advance

A:LONG story - Vista Ultimate crash - fresh image backed up but now on Vista home >>>

Originally Posted by Scottt

I was planning to do several driver upgrades on Thursday including Bios. So I used the vista Complete PC Backup - and Imaged drive C to a portable HD.

Sure enough it crashed on one of the reboots - 5 chkdsks later I gave up and put in the DVD recovery disks I got from Future shop when I purchased it in OCT 2007.

Well - it installed Vista HOME (although it came with Ultimate - I do not have windows disks). Vista home apparently only does traditional back-ups and restores.

I want to take it back to Thursday. Is there anything I can do to restore the VHD image on my system .....

Thanks in advance

I have used Basic Preium,and did not see any real difference in them.System crashes occur in vista alot,and are usually from memory dump.This is a habit of vista!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284076-long-story-vista-ultimate-crash-fresh-image-backed-up-but-now-vista-home.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is it possible to bitlocker-encypt a UEFI/GPT drive from which I boot with Windows 7 64-bit ultimate (TPM-motherboard)?

A:Is it possible to bitlocker-encypt a UEFI/GPT drive from which I boot with Windows 7 64-bit ultimate (TPM-motherboard)?

Sure. BL does support GPT.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/93bb825c-bb5e-4255-84bc-367ae23c86be/is-it-possible-to-bitlockerencypt-a-uefigpt-drive-from-which-i-boot-with-windows-7-64bit-ultimate?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 46.44%

Thanks in advance

A:LONG story - Vista Ultimate crash - fresh image backed up but now on Vista home so I can't restore it >>>

The question comes to my mind...how did the O/S change? What was the method of install?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354328/long-story-vista-ultimate-crash-fresh-image-backed-up-but-now-on-vista-home-so-i-cant-restore-it/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell XPS 730x with 4 internal harddrives (2 are WD Raptor drives). I'm currently running Vista Home Premium x64 that came with the system on 1 Raptor and want to try Vista Ultimate x64 on the other Raptor. My questions are:

1. Can I do this as long as I can select which drive to boot from without problems with the MBR?

2. If it's not as simple as selecting the boot drive, what software do you recommend to edit the BCD? I know of 2, Easybcd and VistaBootPro.

Thanks in advance for any input,
MelH2o

A:Dual Boot Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate?

this does work to dual boot vista, just install ultimate on a second hard drive to be safe

The installation options

You can approach the dual-boot installation operation in one of two ways -- by cold booting from the Windows Vista DVD or by inserting the Windows Vista DVD while Windows XP is running. As you can imagine, you'll encounter slightly different introductory screens depending on which approach you use, but once you get stared the operation is essentially the same.
While both methods will produce the same result, I prefer the cold booting from the DVD method. The main reason is that you don't have to worry about any interference from antivirus/antispyware/firewall software on your existing Windows XP installation.
Performing the installation

Once you have your second partition or second hard disk operational, just insert your Windows Vista DVD, restart the system, and boot from the DVD. Once the system boots from the DVD, Windows Vista?s Setup will begin loading and will display the screen shown in Figure A.
Figure A:
Windows Vista?s Setup will take a few moments to load files before the installation actually commences. In a few moments, you?ll see the screen that prompts you to choose the regional and language options, as shown in Figure B. As you can see, the default settings are for U.S. and English and if that?s you, you can just click Next to move on.
Figure B:
The default settings on the regional and language screen are for the U.S. and English. On the next screen, you?ll be prompted to begin the installation procedure, as shown in Figure C. To begin, just click the Install Now button
Figure C:
To get started, click the Install Now button. In the next screen, you?ll be prompted to type in your product key for activation, as shown in Figure D. By default, the Automatically Activate Windows When I?m online check box is selected; however, you?ll notice that I?ve cleared it. The main reason that I?ve done so here is that while writing this article, I?ve experimented over and over with this installation procedure and want to conserve on the number of times that I can legitimately activate this copy of Windows Vista before Microsoft locks it down and requires me to call in and manually request a new product key.
Figure D:
At this point in the installation, you?re prompted to type in your product key for activation. Now, if you just want to temporarily install Vista in a dual-boot configuration while you experiment, but plan on installing it as your main operating system once you?re satisfied with the way that Vista behaves with your hardware and software, you too may want to disable the automatic activation routine. Even though you?ve disabled the automatic activation routine, you can still install Windows Vista and use it as you normally would for 30 days.
If you want to keep Vista in a dual-boot configuration, you can activate your license online anytime you want. If you decide to make Vista your main operating system, you can repartition your hard disk, reinstall Vista on the main partition and activate the new installation in the process.
If you decide to disable the automatic activation routine, you?ll see a confirmation dialog box, as shown in Figure E, which contains a harsh warning and prompts you to reconsider. You can just click No to continue.
Figure E:
Even though this dialog box contains a harsh warning, Microsoft wouldn?t have made automatic activation a choice if opting out was really dangerous. Because, I didn?t enter in a product key, Setup doesn?t know what edition I?ve purchased and prompts me to select one of the seven editions on this disk, as shown in Figure F. Since, I'm working with the Ultimate edition, I selected that edition, checked the box, and clicked Next.
Figure F:
When you don?t enter a product key, Setup doesn?t know what edition you have a license for and so prompts you to select one of the seven editions On the ne... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235901-dual-boot-vista-home-premium-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I haven t really been able to find any clear information on this all i ve been able to to Premium Business/Ultimate Vista Question Vista Home find out about is from XP to Vista I recently spent on home studio equipment I m an fan of Vista Home Premium to Vista Business/Ultimate Question music production and will be off to uni in september to get a degree in it but what i didn t realise was the main software that came with one of the components Pro Tools LE if it matters isn t Vista Home Premium to Vista Business/Ultimate Question compatible Vista Home Premium to Vista Business/Ultimate Question with Vista Home Premium which i didn t realise So i was wondering firstly is it possible to upgrade from Home Premium to Business Ultimate If so What is the best method of doing it Or what ARE the methods of doing it Can you download it Should you order a disc from Microsoft Thirdly How much would it cost I ve only been able to find prices which i think are for XP to Vista coming to about I can t afford to be spending that much right now so would going from Vista Home Premium to Business Ultimate be any cheaper Thanks nbsp

A:Vista Home Premium to Vista Business/Ultimate Question

Yes, there is a method to upgrade "Windows Anytime Upgrade".

Got to the Control Panel, and click on "Windows Anytime Upgrade", and follow the instructions.

I have used this during the Beta of Vista and Windows 7 and it works great during beta. I have not tried on a production machine, but have heard that it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-to-vista-business-ultimate-question.832260/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a problem getting my wireless bit home premium computers computer premium bit home on ultimate bit vista 32 64 a vista printing printing on a canon mx printer that's hooked up to a Vista ultimate bit computer I keep getting the error x f on one of them and another says that the printer driver is not the correct version I have installed the bit canon driver 32 bit vista home premium printing on a vista ultimate 64 bit computer on the Desktop where the printer is actually hooked up the desktop is wireless also I 32 bit vista home premium printing on a vista ultimate 64 bit computer downloaded the bit drivers for one of the laptops and installed it That's when I started to get the error message I then downloaded the bit driver for the same laptop and installed it because I That's the one I'm getting the error message on The other laptop has the bit driver from before I upgraded the desktop to ultimate bit Anyway anyone have any ideas on how I can get them to talk If not I'm going to have to go back to Ultimate bit and if that doesn'tork back to home premium bit I really would rather not do that for obvious reasons Any feedback would be appreciated Rick

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190307-32-bit-vista-home-premium-printing-vista-ultimate-64-bit-computer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey Guys ,
Does anybody how to enable the Vista Aero effect in Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 bit?????
whenever i select the window color and Appearance option it shows me the dialog in which i can change the themes of my windows???? any solutions

A:How to Enable Vista aero effect in Vista Ultimate SP1.

I get This when i click on windows color and appearance i get this...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-enable-vista-aero-effect-in-vista-ultimate-sp1-513021.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In Computer Properties, there is an option allow upgrading Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate. Could any body give me ideas about this? Is it free? Does it influence installed softwares? I mean, will we lose all of them when we do upgrade?

A:Upgrade Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate

vuongtutruc,

Windows Anytime Upgrade is just a way to order and pay for just a license (Product key number) for a version of Vista that is higher than yours. You install it from the Vista DVD you already have, but you use the new product key number you ordered instead. Yes, it can have a affect on the software and you could loose your data. I would recommend backing up anything you do not want to loose. See number 1 and 3 (which versions you can upgrage to) at this link for more information.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/search.aspx?=&qu=anytime+upgtrade

See this link to compare the different versions to what you already have.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/78828-upgrade-vista-home-premium-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Do I Uninstall Vista Premium to Upgrade to Vista Ultimate?
And if so how?

A:Do I Uninstall Vista Premium to Upgrade to Vista Ultimate?

No, you don't have to, just pop in the upgrade DVD, follow the prompts to upgrade it to Ultimate.

Back up Important data before upgrading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-uninstall-vista-premium-to-upgrade-to-vista-ultimate.795828/
Relevancy 46.01%

Good evening,

I have Vista Home Basic 32-bit running which I have done for a few years.
I have a genuine Vista Ultimate 32-bit disc which includes Service Pack 1 and also includes Windows Anytime Upgrade.
My question is, how easy is it to upgrade my laptop and will I lose all my documents and settings and programs that I have downloaded etc.
Thanks very much in advance.

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Basic 32-bit to Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Although this is for Win 7- Windows Anytime Upgrade - Microsoft Windows - I think it answers all your questions.

On the other hand, this applies to Vista- Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions. As a result, I don't know if you can still use the anytime upgrade.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300096-upgrade-vista-home-basic-32-bit-vista-ultimate-32-bit.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I currently have Vista Home 32-bit and want to update it to Vista 64-bit. I tried upgrading, but it wouldn't let me. Is there a procedure for this or do I just need to boot from the CD and do a clean install? Any help would be great! Thank you.

A:Upgrading Vista Home 32bit to Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Hi, im a computer technician in australia Palmerston NT working for terrorbyte.com.au and the answer to your question is yes. You have to do a completely new installation of the 64x bit edition of vista as the 32 bit and 64x bit editions are two completely different os platforms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-vista-home-32bit-to-vista-ultimate-64-bit.698323/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello people I am having quite the time over upgrade issues Business - Vista x32 Vista Ultimate x64 here with a Vista machine Vista Business x32 - Vista Ultimate x64 upgrade issues of mine and I honestly think it's out to get me My job is computer support for my college campus and I would like to think that I am fairly good with computers With that said let me give Vista Business x32 - Vista Ultimate x64 upgrade issues you a rundown of the situation The computer is an Optiplex with standard core features that has a BFG w power source gb RAM and a nice Nvidia GTX card I am running Vista Business x on it and finally decided to take advantage of all of my RAM so I bought Vista Ultimate x Red Edition if that helps and popped it in It said that it could not read the media and I read the MS article on why that was so and then decided to boot from the disk I did so and got fairly far up until I had to select the drive I selected C and then next to the quot Next quot button I got a funny message that read To use the product key you entered start the installation on a computer that is running a genuine version of windows For the record I purchased this computer OS is the most legit way possible through my college I am stuck in what would appear to be a Catch It's asking me to install it via a method that just brought me to what I am staring at now This situation quite honestly is beyond me I have already taken out all my RAM save GB and all the PCI cards save the GTX like other guides suggested and that doesn't seem to be working If you need any more information other than what I have supplied do tell and I will give it to you Thanks for the help

A:Vista Business x32 - Vista Ultimate x64 upgrade issues

Isn't the red edition a cracked copy?

Either way, go out and purchase a standard 64 bit Full version of Vista, wipe everything and do a clean install. Then back up the registry with Erunt, and do a complete disk image with Macrium Reflect Free once the updates and drivers are installed, as a backup, if those installs go smoothly.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/249062-vista-business-x32-vista-ultimate-x64-upgrade-issues.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all Let me start out by stating my tech experience with this matter I know -bit OS s have -bit emulators that allow them to run -bit software and I also know that (64-bit) (32-bit) Premium from Vista File Ultimate Vista transfer to there are a lot of programs that simply don t run under a -bit OS I have done a file transfer from an older File transfer from Vista Premium (32-bit) to Vista Ultimate (64-bit) system to a new one but they were both -bit Vista machines Here s the situation I am building a new system here in a few days and it will have the -bit Vista Ultimate OS on it to accommodate the GB s of RAM in the system Right now my current system is running Vista Premium -bit and has a lot of needed files that I d like to move to the new system Here File transfer from Vista Premium (32-bit) to Vista Ultimate (64-bit) s my question Will a -bit machine accept files from a -bit machine through a transfer cable or will they not cooperate with each other I already know that any system files won t work from one machine to another but would I be able to get pictures videos game files movie project files etc moved over Thanks in advance TZ nbsp

A:File transfer from Vista Premium (32-bit) to Vista Ultimate (64-bit)

Yes you should be able to transfer files easily. Are the Vista PC's both updated to Service Pack 2?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-transfer-from-vista-premium-32-bit-to-vista-ultimate-64-bit.130068/
Relevancy 46.01%

i stupidly just assumed that my laptop would easily upgrade from a 32 bit to a 64 bit with no issues. However now i have looked into it i am unsure if my laptop is compatible with it after i purchased it. i have a sony vaio ar71s and it is currently running 32 bit vista home premium, is it upgradable to vista ultimate 64 bit ? thanks fredd

A:Upgrading my 32 bit vista home premium to 64 bit vista ultimate

its unlikely to be honest mate , the reason being alot of the hardware in yuor laptop will/may be specific to sony. so the only place you will be able to get drivers for their hardware is through sony (i know that people have particular trouble with the sony graphics chip) , if they dont do a 64 bit driver chances are you wont find one anywhere else.

thats the problem with shop bought especially laptops , they can be a very specific to the manufacturer , id email them see if you get any joy that way , as technically there is no reason why there would/should be a problem

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/226470-upgrading-my-32-bit-vista-home-premium-64-bit-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I have the exact same probl as banana babe with being stuck in a loop with same error msg being showed after trying to install vista ultimate 64bit over win7 64bit. I can't boot from cd rom even after changing the boot order. There is no f8 function coming up, all I can do is access the bios. I have an Amd hex core phenom 3.2 ghz, 16 gig of ram with a gigabyte motherboard etc etc and it's good for nothing more than a paper weight at the moment. Pls help.

A:Vista ultimate over win 7 ultimate

Sorry all this is the problems im having very similar to Banana babe

Windows cannot boot, \Boot\BCD error, 0xc000000f
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Computer: Toshiba Satellite A215-S7472
When I started the computer, this came up on a black screen:
Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer
2. Choose your language settings, and then click “Next.”
3. Click “Repair your computer.”
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \Boot\BCD
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configurations data.
Enter= Continue ESC=Exit

Things I have tried:
I tried restarting, the same screen comes up. Pushing either enter or esc does the same thing. I tried pressing F8 during reboot, the screen still comes up. Since I do not have a Windows installation disc, I downloaded the Vista recovery disc from http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/. I burned this to a CD, and tried using it. I know the CD works because I tried it on a different computer, and it was able to boot from the CD. However, when I tried using the CD on the messed up computer, it does not do anything differently, the screen that says “Press any key to boot from CD/DVD” does not come up, and the error screen takes over again. Please help me, I’ve been at this for over two hours now!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate-over-win-7-ultimate.985344/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a legal full version of Vista Ultimate. I am currently running Win 7 RTM Ultimate. I haven't activated yet. I have two questions: 1. If I buy the Win 7 ultimate upgrade version, can I enter it's product key and then activate? or 2. Can I load the upgrade version on a freshly formated disk like in the old days and then the installer would ask you to insert your qualifying disk for the upgrade. Thanks.

A:Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by jjthenovice

I have a legal full version of Vista Ultimate. I am currently running Win 7 RTM Ultimate. I haven't activated yet. I have two questions: 1. If I buy the Win 7 ultimate upgrade version, can I enter it's product key and then activate? or 2. Can I load the upgrade version on a freshly formated disk like in the old days and then the installer would ask you to insert your qualifying disk for the upgrade. Thanks.

We won't know for sure until next Thursday, But I'm afraid it looks like #2 is a, no.

An upgrade must be installed onto an activated equivalent XP or Vista. It appears MS is closing the old Vista loophole. Another rumor is the used Vista/XP key will become invalid as long as your using the Win7 upgrade key.

Be sure to get a good backup image after everything is running smooth and it's activated. Re-installing will likely require Vista/XP to be installed first activated (by phone to MS) then the Win7 upgrade.

Not exactly sure about what question #1 means. But, Yes you can enter the product key then you have 30 days to activate.

Disclaimer already mentioned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29782-vista-ultimate-win-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am going to upgrade my vista home premium notebook to vista business, but since my company is providing both business and ultimate upgrades at no cost to me, I am wondering why not upgrade to vista ultimate, since I love what I have with home premium anyway. But if ultimate contains everything that other versions of vista has, it probably means more services running in background, making my system slower. Am I right about my notion, or its just a whim??? Is vista ultimate as snappy as home premium??

A:Is vista ultimate more resource hog than other vista editions?

Vista is what you make of it: Speed Up the Performance of Vista

My 64-bit Ultimate is one snappy mother-you-know-what-er.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172567-vista-ultimate-more-resource-hog-than-other-vista-editions.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a new desktop which came with vista home premium. I have purchased vista ultimate separately. Can I upgrade it to ultimate without uninstalling the existing vista?

A:vista home premium to vista ultimate

YES. People ask that alot, but its ok. Yes you can, just put in the disk, and either boot into it, or just open it, and click install. The "Upgrade" selection should be available, and you can install it that way. I would recommend (as does the installer) that you have a backup of all your data just in case it does delete something. It should work just fine, though you may lose somefiles, it will only be few at worst. have at it and let us know how it works.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204003-vista-home-premium-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I purchased a laptop with vista home premium 64 bit and also bought the vista ultimate upgrade disc. When I went to install the upgrade I noticed on the disc it says 32 bit media only.....so will this affect my 64 bit system? I have not installed the upgrade yet for not knowing if it will screw up my system. I noticed in another forum that someone stated that ultimate is 32-bit and 64-bit but the disc states 32 bit media only. Need advice. Thanks.

A:vista home premium X64 to vista ultimate

you cannot "upgrade" from x86 (32-bit) software to x64 (64-bit) or vice-versa. You will have to do a new install with your upgrade disk.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/181029-vista-home-premium-x64-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hey peps is there any way i can upgrade my wifes laptop from Vista HP X86 to Vista Ultimate X64 with out doing a clean install?

or do i have to do a clean install cause of the KERNAL?

would really not want to do a clean install if i do not have to to much crap on here laptop to re-install would take 8+ hours to do.

i know i can upgrade to X86 version of Vista Ultimate but would like to have it be a X64 version if i could.

A:Upgrade Vista HP X86 to Vista Ultimate X64 Question.

Originally Posted by fadedrs

or do i have to do a clean install cause of the KERNAL?

Yes

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233273-upgrade-vista-hp-x86-vista-ultimate-x64-question.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Do I Need To Erase My Old Vista Home Premuim After Upgrade To Vista Ultimate?
When I Did Upgrade I Choose To Keep It On C Drive ,now I See It Take A Lot Of Space Under Old Window Do I Still Need ? Or I Have To Keep In Order For My System To Work.
Thanks In Advance.

A:Do I Need To Erase My Old Vista After Upgrade To Vista Ultimate?

If you are using the "Upgrade" Option not a complete install than yes you must leave the premium on the hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/do-i-need-to-erase-my-old-vista-after-upgrade-to-vista-ultimate-322953.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I recently bought Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I'm gonna install it on my computer which is currently running vista home basic 32 bit. My question is simple, will I lose all my hard disk's data or will it still be there after the upgrade? Thanks!!

EDIT: I know there is other posts like this but they mention nothing about 32 bit and 64 bit

A:Vista Home Basic 32 Bit to Vista Ultimate 64 bit?

Hi sanine,

Sorry to say that the upgrade from a 32bit to 64Bit operating system is not supported.

I would suggest that you either set-up a dual boot between the two systems until you get the 64 bit running satisfactorily. or back up all your data and wipe the disk for the 64 bit install

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/213804-vista-home-basic-32-bit-vista-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 43.43%

What is the difference between the two? I was expecting my school, which is part of MSDNAA, to be getting Vista Ultimate for us students, but we got Business Edition instead.

A:Vista Business vs. Vista Ultimate

This may help:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2068721,00.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-business-vs-vista-ultimate.540515/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello. I am going to upgrade to Windowz Vista Ultimate, and I was wondering what I need to do before switching. Will all of my programs be kept, or will they be deleted? If they are going to be deleted, how can I keep them?

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone , I have just built my first system and everything was going well until I tried to download and install the latest critical updates , then I keep getting the message ( updates were not configured correctly , reverting changes ) Do not turn off your computer which then reboots showing the same message , please can anyone help me with this

A:Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

check your problems and solutions area of the control panel...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181975/vista-ultimate-64-bit/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have used vista home basic , for a couple of years with only one complaint , well two complaints , that the first year i had it ,just about nothing supported it , and the rundll32 problem which i am pretty sure wasn't its fault , i have used just about everything from windows 95 up and i am impressed ,2 years one problem , it seems to be a very good program , i spent more time working on those others than surfing , my question , is vista home premium and vista ultimate worth the upgrade cost , and can i get it in a 3 multi pack so i can use it on more than one PC ? i know i will get 64 bit graphics , but what are some of its other attributes ?

A:vista ultimate

retail copy usual limit 3 are you moving to 64bit this needs clean install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-351915.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello guys, im new to this forum. I recently installed windows vista x64 on my computer (4 days go) and today i turned it on and saw the typical "windows is finishing updating" screen at the welcome screen. Well now my mouse, sound, keyboard, and internet are not working. I guess this is due to that update that i got since it was working perfectly before it. My machine is the gateway 5628. Its pretty much stock. Please help me.. Thanks a lot guys.

Ps. Mouse and keyboard work during boot so i figured is a software problem.

A:Need Help with Vista Ultimate x64

Try booting in Safe Mode. See if there is a choice to use "last known good" configuration or a restore point made before that last update. I never allow Windows to auto update. Why risk hosing a working system? Better to put on specific updates that solve a problem you have rather than taking a shotgun approach when you didn't have a problem at the start.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259360-need-help-vista-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

well hello to everyone this being my first post im not too familiar with the forum but im havin some real problems with my new setup that i just put together myself from tigerdirect my friend gave me a burnt dvd copy of vista ultimate and i know that it is good because we used it on his before mine the first time i loaded it it got stuck on the completing installing step and then the power went out out of all times so needless to say i try reinstalling and after about unsuccessful attempts i got into boot mode ultimate with please! vista help and started my dvd drive first help with vista ultimate please! and it got installed it went through all the steps and now it's stuck on a black screen and i can only move the cursor should i let it keep going or do it a different way im really stuck here and iwant to make sure that i dont have something wrong with my computer thanks for anyone who can help me out

A:help with vista ultimate please!

Sorry but we cannot help you
Excerpt from forum rules

ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Users may not post hacks, cracks, or give instruction how to pirate any type of software, or anything similar, in any forum of TSF. We do not condone, support or give instruction on any illegal activity pertaining to computer systems, computer hardware, computer software programs or computer related activities. Included in this group of activities are requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests.

This thread is now closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-vista-ultimate-please-241968.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Morning Guys, I wish to install a new 500 gig Seagate drive and use Vista as the OS. Will I have problems or conflict's with my 1st drive that is openSUSE 11.0?? Thanks for the options, if any. Alan

A:2nd HDD Vista Ultimate

I think you will, but it can be overcome. LOL I can't find the thread I'm looking for to link you to. If you don't get an answer here, I'll direct you to the forum that I can't find the thread on lol. The guy who answered that one is still a mod over there and he is using a SUSE/Vista dual boot still I think.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239015/2nd-hdd-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just bought a laptop that has Vista Home on it in Spanish. I know that the ultimate upgrade gives you the language pack.

Will a Ultimate Vista iupgrade n English work on this computer or does it have to be a Ultimate upgrade in Spanish?

Thanks

A:Vista Ultimate?

If you want to be sure, buy the spanish one, then download an English MUI file and change it to that.

I'm not sure myself though.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177906-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 42.57%

First off, Hi to everyone!!! Here's my situation, I've got a laptop with vista 64 home premium running sp2, flawlessly I must add. I've got the upgrade from Vista Red Ultimate 64 with sp1. I can't upgrade because the home premium is sp2 and the vista red is sp1; or so I think, since it tells me that the installed os is newer. I don't want a clean install because of all the programs that I need and are already installed. So, I was wondering if there is a way to have the vista red sp1 installed even when the sp2 is installed. I can't uninstall sp2; it doesn't show up because I did a deep clean. So that removed all temporary files. I didn't think I would need to do the upgrade but am in need of using the fax that comes in ultimate. Anyway, if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

A:Vista Ultimate

save yourself the hassle

Fax Software and Network Fax Server Software

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/233294-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Long time listener first time caller I have a laptop that I ve had for about years It s a quot desktop replacement - nice machine - aside from being an HP Since about months ago doing updates - heck even shutting it down - has been a problem I quit updating it for about a year because I couldn t get through the reboot Seems I get the blue screen of death on a STOP - sometimes it s a quot IRQ LESS OR NOT EQUAL quot message - sometimes it s just a STOP Often takes me an hour to get the computer back up About a month ago I ve been working hard to catch up - finally got SP through all the way - and to Go 64 Ultimate Vista - 7? all of the security etc What I m wondering - if I were to upgrade to would these blue screen on reboot hours get rectified - or do I just have a POS computer It s about my th laptop - never had this before Thanks - I ll hang up and listen to your response on the radio nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi once again.

I would just like to ask anybody , why dont my usb ports work? i have 3 of them and only one of them works. So i cannot use my mouse and my keybord at the same time. Can anybody help me please?
I have already tryed to disable and enable them, but no luck. Please help.

A:USB on Vista Ultimate 64

You can get a USB 2 hub for the one port. They are all enabled? What is in you device manager? Does your motherboard fully support your OS? Do you need a BIOS or chipset patch?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197246-usb-vista-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have Vista Ultimate Red x32 running on an x32 Pentium-4 Hardware Platform.

I want the better performance of an x64 Hardware Platform.

Besides purchasing an x64 Hardware Platform, which Version of Ultimate do I need:

A Full Version of Ultimate x64?

An Upgrade Version of Ultimate x64?

Might the Ultimate Red Version I have contain an x64 Version?

If it could, do I need the x64 Hardware Platform to "detect" it's presence?

Best regards,

Mike Lynch

A:Vista Ultimate Red x32 to x64

If it is the disk contains the Full version of Windows, then I think there is an option to pick between 64 and 32 bit.

Are you sure that your computer can run 64 bit? Most can run both 32 and 64 bit, but if you have older hardware, it may just be 32 bit. Also, if you just have 2 gigs of ram, it wouldn't be worth the pain of switching from 32 to 64 bit, because there wouldn't be much of a performance difference. If you are running with a lot of ram, like 4 gigs or more, and multitask while running a lot of programs, then 64 bit would suite you.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271785-vista-ultimate-red-x32-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone! Hopefully I'm in the right forum.

I have been researching and learning as much as I can about 64 bit systems and my conclusion is to to simply ask the experts.

My question is, should I use Vista Ultimate 64 or 32 bit? I'm upgrading from Windows XP Home Edition. This will be a big investment for me. My current system specs are...

Q6600
4 GB DRR2 800
8800GT
SoundBlaster-XiFi

I would like to take advantage of better computing, simply put, but I'm having trouble seperating truth from myth, ex: better graphics and a large performance increase. I do a lot of gaming and web browsing, and I play a lot of the newer generation games (Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Crysis, etc.).

If anyone can reference an article that would point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated as well!

Thanks!

A:Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Welcome to the board,
My computer was built for very much the same purpose as yours.
I see you have 4 Gb of ram; you must have been using xp 64bits. Simularly, if you like to address all those rams plus your vedio rams, 64 bit is the way to go. Of course 4G of ram is better then 2G for graphic and other processing. I had some driver problem before sp1 like my sound card, but now I don't have any problem for a while. Good luck and enjoy.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189008-vista-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, ive just brought Windows Vista Ultimate x64..
Ive found all the drivers i need and copied them to a DVD, just awaiting for it to arrive in the mail...

But i found out that i have to do a clean install because im using Windows XP x64... But dont worry ive got a second HDD to back data up..

What i want to ask is how will my pc handle Vista Ultimate, will i be able to do everythink. Im unable to run the Windows Advisery cuse of my OS..

Here are my Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
4X1GB DDR RAM Dual Channel
M/B: GA K8N Pro SLI
800watt Power Supply
2X Nvidia Geforce 7900GTO in SLi
300GB SATA II HDD..

Does Vista Support SLi

Thanks guys

A:Vista Ultimate x64

you should not have any problems at all,you have a better setup than i do and ultimate runs flawlessly on mine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-x64-145558.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello from the new guy

Having update trouble, I have a dell dimension 3000 desk top pentium 4 with 40gig HD and 2gb ram. I first tried upgrade from XP straight to 7 and it was a disaster, then went to vista ultimate finally back to XP now I have Vista again but having display issue, all else seems to be fine. I have a integrated extreme graphics 2 but after the update I get a, "Not available" for adapter type, installed driver, driver version, color planes, color table entries, resolution, bit/pixel and so on. As I'm not the most computer savvy, any VERY detailed step by step advice on this issue I can get would be most appreciated. Thank you to all for the help

A:XP to Vista Ultimate

Try downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturers website for your display issue with Vista (keep them on a memory stick as you will need them again). Then install Windows 7 from your Vista OS, then use the drivers from the manufacturer, all should be well as your specs seem fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-to-vista-ultimate.890742/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site today so please bear with me if I do anything wrong. My question is I am currently running XP SP2 on a Packard Bell Intel Pentium 4 machine with 1GB system ram and 128MB ATI Radeon graphics card. Having recently done a clean install of XP I am hoping to save time and avoid having to re-install all my programs (some of which came with the PC so I don't have disks).

My daughters have bought Vista Ulitimate OEM for my birthday but before I install it I have heard that you can just run an upgrade from the full product disk. Can anyone please help with the information as to which options to choose during installation.

Many thanks in anticipation

Tall53

A:Vista Ultimate from XP SP2

just choose upgrade when runnin vista setup.. Although if it doesn't give you that option. You will have to have a fresh install and lose everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate-from-xp-sp2.588056/
Relevancy 42.57%

i did a system restore of vista home premium and chose restore to factory defaults option. now microsoft is sending me a disk with vista ultimate edition on it,can i do a clean install of it? can someone tell me of good tutorial on how to do this? thanks in advance.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo-ibm/144783-clean-install-guide-works-32-bit-64-bit.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368878/vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 42.57%

OK, SO I have an eMachines 502MB Ram desktop coming to me soon from a pawnshop =). Anyways, it has Vista Ultimate preinstalled and I booted the computer at the shop to see if it works. It worked fine and I put it on layaway (1/2 up front). I was wondering it there could ever be problems with the computer?

A:Vista Ultimate Help

Hello BigBucks, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Sure, like anything there can always be problems with it. You might ask if they have any type of warranty or return policy on it to see what you options may be if something does go wrong with it.

502MB of RAM may be a typo since it is usually 512 MB RAM instead at that size unless you have a integrated video chip that is using that small 10 MB of RAM to run.

Without the full specs of the computer, it is hard to say how fast it may run for you, but with only 502/512 of RAM, it's not going to run very fast at all though. Usually you would want at least 2 GB of RAM minimum with Vista for ok performance.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221230-vista-ultimate-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Need help getting some games running, what info do you need?

Battlefield 2142
Dark Age of Camelot
Spyware Doctor

The Error message is
"this game has only been tested on the 32-bit version"

Then it crashes and i get this message that tells me it's searching for a solution... etc.

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.57%

What's the difference between a 32 bit and a 64 bit and which one should i choose?

A:Vista Ultimate 32 bit or 64 bit?

if your motherboard and cpu is 64 then you can run 64 bit operating system. With 32 bit, you cannot use more than 3 gigs of ram and with 64 you can use more. But you already knew that from your other thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f255...ld-269605.html

Its up to you whether or not to use 32 or 64 as you were already told in the above thread that it makes no difference for your games.

IMO, go with 64.

see more technical info at the following

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1665

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-32-bit-or-64-bit-273594.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i just have a question , on my pc it seems like vista has my harddrive working on overtime all the time, all i can see is my harddrive lights flicker the whooole time like as if im downloading something ,
is that vista normal?

A:new to vista ultimate x64

Hi superirican. It is probably the Indexing System.Vista is a disk intensive op system. Have a look at Brinks Tutorials , http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/. You can reduce this. It isn't anything to stress about though.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185599-new-vista-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i understand that there is a vista ultimate oem which does not require activation. How does one go about getting a copy of this?

A:vista ultimate oem

All windows versions need to be activated before the 30 days to use the full version. To get an OEM version you need to buy it from newegg.com for example.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185041-vista-ultimate-oem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

when i first came on here i was running home premium which i found to be glitchy and full of problems but after several weeks of tweaking and help from the guru's here i got my system running smooth as silk then changed to ultimate 64 and i'm sooooo happy i did i have had so few problems since and can't thank the people here enough for there help in making the change easy to do.

just thought i would add this as i used to hate vista but it has grown on me the longer i've used it and learned to understand it.

thanks everyone

A:vista ultimate x64

Being a Dolly fan is a big help as well

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/183880-vista-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I am planning to upgrade from my XP Pro SP3 to Vista Ultimate SP1?
Is that alright? Will it be compatible with gaming?

I have an [email protected]
2GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Is it alright to upgrade? PLease comment.. Thanks..

A:Xp to vista ultimate

Upgrading is less a function of the cpu than it is the capability of the motherboard to adapt (driver availability).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-to-vista-ultimate-398672.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently sold my Vista Ultimate retail package to someone I explained it had been previously installed amp activated He then emails me telling me he Ultimate Vista cannot activate it and says the keycode was not de-activated by me I have formatted the drive vista was on amp now use windows bit He either wants me to de-activate it Which I've never heard of or a refund What can I do I explained that theres NO refunds accepted I thought all you had to do was format the drive it was on and the other person calls m and tells them He says this quot I get Vista Ultimate directed to windows web site and told I have to purchase a windows key code for which defeats the purpose for me purchasing the vista from you because my computer is not compatable to upgrade to window quot Somehow I think he copied the disk s And used the key amp wants his back Which I wont do I understand you cannot sell OEM versions like this But this was a full retail box set you Vista Ultimate get at bestbuy walmart etc

Hallo Fantomau, If what you sold him is an UPGRADE it is a simple case of activating by phone;

Activate Vista by Phone

I have copied the relevant Note: from this tutorial as to what is legal in regard to the resale:

A Express or Retail Vista can be installed on any one computer at a time for as many times as you like. A OEM Vista may only be able to be installed on the exact same computer as many times as you like. The product key number for the Vista 32 bit version is the same one for it's 64 bit version. You can only have the Product Key activated on one computer and version of 32 bit or 64 bit Vista at a time. See: Microsoft: License Terms for Software Licensed from Microsoft

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283828-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,
I have a problem which is really making me sad.Sometimes when i am installing programs downloading stuff or just doing nothing Vista crashes and i get a blue screen.Sometimes it says Memory Management and sometimes it disappears so fast i cant read then reboots ...
My specs are this : Asus M2A-VM Mobo , AMD 64 Athlon X2 4200+ Processor
6 GB OCZ Reaper RAM 3x2 , Nvidia 9800 GT G.card
I have the latest bios and the latest drivers for my G.Card.Why is this happening ? I have SP1 loaded but i dont have all the updates should i get them ? Plz help ...

Relevancy 42.57%

i want the vista eltimate key for activation as when i install vista it say ur version of vista will expire in 29 days

Relevancy 42.57%

Groovi: I was upset when 7 came out right after I bought Ultimate for $320.00!! Now I'm really Pissed!!!! I tried to load my 64 bit Ultimate disk on a hdd yesterday, the Machine told me I already had the Key on another Machine, Uh Yea, in 32 bit! Now why sell me two disk, if the key is omly good for one Install!!!! Yep, I am ready to leaver Micro Nuts forever! I'll study Linux till I can type code in my sleep! I won't sleep till I can Master the Linux Box!! I am really Mad, oh, only $99.00 for 7 Premium. This is America, I buy two disk I want two installs!!! Go figure!!

A:Vista Ultimate 32&64 bit

hi,,,, i know what you mean ,,,, its not the discs your paying for though its the gen key,,,,, 1 payment 1 gen key.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275102/vista-ultimate-3264-bit/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am still having trouble with lost file associations in game explorer. Agood while ago I lost all my file associations in game explorer (prob my own fault). Anyway i have tried help and support and it dont seem very helpful its not as good as Xp help and support. can anyone help> PLEASE Im having to use shortcuts in start.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-395999.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have just built a new PC and I want to install Windows Vista but I have problem or I think i do So I started it up and the ASUS A logo appeared and so I put the Vista Ultimate disc in ultimate ** vista ** help and nothing happened but then I relized plugged the wrong cord in I had the floppy cord in the floppy plug of the motherboard and the other end of the cord in the CD drive so I turned it off and fixed it ** vista ultimate help ** so that the HDD cord connected to the IDE slot in the motherboard and connected the HDD cord into the CD-Drive I know retarded move Now when I boot it up I don t see the ASUS logo anymore or anything just a black screen So i put the Windows Vista Ultimate CD into the CD drive and still blank black Is the O S loading Or is something wrong What should I do is there a way to reset ** vista ultimate help ** the system nbsp

A:** vista ultimate help **

If I understand correctly?
The HDD cable MUST go from the HDD slot on the motherboard, ONLY to the Hard Drive.
If you then insert the DVD, before boot up, a message should come up "press any key to boot from the DVD" or, if it is autoboot, then you should find that it will do just that.
If you find, after sorting out that, the machine boots straight into your computer, then you need to enter the bios and reset your master boot facility as the DVD/CD. Somewhere, that option will be available. ((Press F8 a few times whilst booting to get into the bios)
Not sure how you got a floppy cable into the back of a CD drive though??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate-help.766376/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok guys, when I try to start up the computer it beeps and then shuts off? What gives, bad hard drive?Any replies welcome.Al

What does your owner's manual or respective website...say about the beep codes you hear?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391818/vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just got a Sony notebook with vista ultimate. Can I choose to run 32 or 64 bit ??

Relevancy 42.57%

I inherited a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a Vista Ultimate RC2 (build 5600). Vista has since expired and I wanted to install XP Pro instead. Since I do not have the Vista CD (neither the original owner), I load the XP CD to get to a screen to delete Vista and install XP.

Windows can't see the CD/DVD drive even in Safe Mode. I access the BIOS and chose to boot to CD/DVD, still nothing. My question then is, is there a command line in Safe Mode to reformat the hard drive?? I searched the forums (here and others) and tried some of the suggestions, but to no avail and I am now frustrated.

Are there any ladies or gents that can help out? THANKS!

Relevancy 42.57%

hi,

My system Config is Q9550 Processor, 9800gt GDDR3 1 GB, 8 GB RAM DDR2.. Power Supply 400w.

Recently i installed 2 GB DDR2 (previously 6 GB), after installation my boot time rapidly gone very very slow.. When its in 6 GB it runs ver fast.. There is no prob in RAm.. Graphic Card is low Power Version..

Wat will be the problem.. loaded bios with default and also updated.. but still same..

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243012-vista-ultimate-sp1-8gb-ram.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i just got vista ultimat 64bit for my lab top but its unable to finish installation (from a clean slate completely formated). it freezes on the last step where its completeing. i have done every thing i can think of. check the memmory, hard drive, bios changes. but it never continues.

my labtop has
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:2046MB RAM
Hard Drive:306 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT

if any one can help, it would be greatly apreaciated.

A:vista ultimate help

Have you tried to use another installation disk? Or use that disk on another machine?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/207014-vista-ultimate-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi i really do value everyones opinion here due to the quick response and the thought out post sooo here I go. I have vista home premium 64 edition I was going to buy vista ultimate 64 is this a wise idea? Or should I wait till win 7x is released?

A:Vista ultimate x64

Hello FLE,

If you're not in any hurry or need the Ultimate edition, then you might as well wait for Windows 7. It is scheduled to be released sometime in January 2010, but rumor is that MS is pushing for before Christmas.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/225435-vista-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi...new here. I have installed Vista Ultimate (upgrade)from XP on my Vaio BX 540B laptop. I have been trying to connect my Samsung DLP to use as a monitor. It's not working not even recognizing the laptop.Sony will not help me because they do not support Vista Ultimate. I heard I need to install certain drivers. Can anyone help me? Thanks

It looks like that model uses an ATI Mobility X700 graphics chipset, do you have the proper driver loaded for that? Sony's site doesn't host much in terms of Vista drivers for that model, but you may be able to use the driver from ATI/AMD's site: http://ati.amd.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84259/vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 42.57%

ok..maybe stupid question but does vista ultimate with sp1 include both 32-bit and 64-bit version?..i know it should be common knowledge but i truly dont know..

A:vista ultimate 32-bit + 64-bit

No they are 2 different versions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-32-bit-64-bit-343966.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I can't and have never been able to create a system restore point on my Pc
and i can change any settings to create one!

hi try this http://www.expresscomputeronline.com...nology04.shtml

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-410371.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have recently swapped my OCZ 4GB (1GBX4) DDR2 @ 800 MHZ and upgraded to OCZ 8GB Sli (2GBX4) @ 800 MHZ on my Ultimate X64 bit.

Installed flawlessly, but can someone please give me a logical answer as to why on my system properties it shows only 7,678MB of memory??

I thought X64 OS shows all memory, and I know my mobo can handle up to 8GB @800MHz.
Also, I have installed every single Windows update, and after the upgrade to 8GB, I can see a definite increase in performance.

Thanx

A:Vista Ultimate x64 and 8 GB RAM??

Originally Posted by grimreaper

I have recently swapped my OCZ 4GB (1GBX4) DDR2 @ 800 MHZ and upgraded to OCZ 8GB Sli (2GBX4) @ 800 MHZ on my Ultimate X64 bit.

Installed flawlessly, but can someone please give me a logical answer as to why on my system properties it shows only 7,678MB of memory??

I thought X64 OS shows all memory, and I know my mobo can handle up to 8GB @800MHz.
Also, I have installed every single Windows update, and after the upgrade to 8GB, I can see a definite increase in performance.

Thanx

8GB is simply unnecessary with the technologies of today.
No application, game or even hardware does require such a quantity of RAM, which will only be useful in 4 to 5 years with 64bit applications... 4Gb is ideal and enough to run Vista 64 very well.

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
AMD 64 Dual Core 4400+
Radeon HD 2900 XT 1GB
4GB RAM Corsair
WD Raptor 150GB
Vista 64

Runs great, even games like Crysis in 64bit.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/128189-vista-ultimate-x64-8-gb-ram.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everybody,
At the moment I've installed Vista Ultimate x64 Sp2 and on the task manager I see that the system is using 1.1 gig of my memory. I disabled all of the fancy features of vista and using Vista classic theme. Does anybody have the same problem?

ps. I've 2 gig of ram and quad core processor.

A:Vista Ultimate x64 SP2

You probably have unnecessary startup programs running. If you disable them you should be all set.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-x64-sp2-420614.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I've installed a SATA HD as a 2nd HD on my computer trying to use it and the files on it, Was wondering if this was possible. I'm getting this message while trying to access it. I'd rather not format it because It would delete everything. "E:\ Is not accessable, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/2nd-hd-on-vista-ultimate-301667.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have Vista Ultimate, and I was wondering....is Vista Ultimate really worth using over XP Pro? I liked XP to be honest, but I want to know how Vista actually compares.

A:XP Pro vs. Vista Ultimate

I am using Vista and like it . . I would not however upgrade an existing pc to Vista unless it had a very powerfull processor and at least 3 Gig or RAM

My new rig has been up and running with Vista for about a month with nary a hicup.

Vista Business actually is comproble to XP Pro . . the Ultimate has more of the Home Premium features

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-pro-vs-vista-ultimate-293855.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All,

Two days ago I noticed the following
1. Network icon says deactive (small red cross) whilst connected to the internet
2. Cannot install any new program...Windows just hangs
3. Cannot uninstall any program....Windows just hangs
(tried to reinstall Windows Installer from the web but that just hangs as well)
4. Cannot access any administrative tool...Windows just hangs
5. Some programs do not start

What have I tried:
1. Numerous system restores...nothing works
2. After system restore...Windows doesn't start up properly. I have to type 'Explorer' from the Task Manager to get it working.
3. I've noticed that MSISERVER is stopped as a service. Cannot right-click and start. Cannot access the Services program either.
4. Safe Mode still works but can't install/uninstall apps.
5. banged my head and fist on keyboard.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Kevin

A:Cannot do anything on Vista Ultimate now. Please help

Also, I tried to activate "services.msc" from Start/Run. Nothing happens, except I can't now click on anything on the Start menu - keep getting a beep.

BTW the services list can be accesssed from Safe Mode.

Planning to reinstall everything.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283378-cannot-do-anything-vista-ultimate-now-please-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Active Directory Domain controller on vista ultimate?
Truth or BS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate-as-ad-dc.639297/
Relevancy 42.57%

does anyone know if you need to have a 64bit cpu to run a 64bit os.?

and do you think i should wait to sp1 is released before buying.?

Thanks

SP 1 is already out for the 64-bit operation systems in the vista serie.
I think you have to have a 64-bit CPU to run a 64-bit OS, but what cpu isn't 64bit oO

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-ultimate.695813/
Relevancy 42.57%

hello all,

i want to install vista 64 as dual boot with my xp pro but have a few ???
[the dual boot is on the same HDD but on a difrent partions]

1- I have a sata2 raid 0 made by the on bord nvraid for data only
manege by the xp.

is vista will recognis it or it will mess up the data?

2-if i boot to vista will it change the raid if it is not recognisd?

3- any coments on my hw will be good
my bord is asus A8N SLI PRIM' [Nforce4] Amd 3800+ X2 64Bit
2g memory
1 IDE HDD
2 SATA-II HDD
2 SATA-II RAID 0
1 nvidia quadro FX1500

thank you all,
sorry for my bad spelling

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/167393-xp-pro-vista-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just found out that FTP comes installed in Vista Ultimate. Someone needs to send me a large number of files through FTP. I need some help to set this up so I can tell the person how to send me the files.

I went into the control panel and turned the FTP, telnet, and TFTP features on. I also opened the FTP 21 & 22 ports in McAfee firewall. Now I have no idea what to do next. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Lisa

A:FTP in Vista Ultimate

Open My Computer and Right Click on an empty space.
Click Add a Network Location
You will get a new wizard to add a network location which allows you to create a shortcut to a website, an FTP site, or other network location.
Click Next and Click Choose a custom network location.
You will be asked to enter the location of the website. Note: when you give the location address for FTP use the following syntax, (FTP://ftp.yoursitename.com)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230487/ftp-in-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 42.57%

just a general question
i am building a new computer and i want to use vista ultimate what i need to know is will my 32 bit apps run on 64 bit platform just cant seem to remember if they will getting old ya know

thank you very much for your help

A:vista ultimate 64 bit os

Some will and some won't. Most apps run OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-64-bit-os-370576.html
Relevancy 42.57%

need some advise, i already have vista 64 ultimate on my HDD(a) on my machine. my cousn gave me a xp pro 64 bit and i like to install it in my HDD(b) coz i have 2 HDD on my pc. is there any prob if i install it??
im running 4gb and 8800gtx. im afraid that there will be a harware comaptibility prob if i use xp 64 bit ,most specially in RAM and VGA vard.
so, if theres any good advise frm you guys.

thanks

A:xp pro 64 vs vista ultimate 64

Originally Posted by angelo621

need some advise, i already have vista 64 ultimate on my HDD(a) on my machine. my cousn gave me a xp pro 64 bit and i like to install it in my HDD(b) coz i have 2 HDD on my pc. is there any prob if i install it??
im running 4gb and 8800gtx. im afraid that there will be a harware comaptibility prob if i use xp 64 bit ,most specially in RAM and VGA vard.
so, if theres any good advise frm you guys.

thanks

best thing i can say to have a look at the sites of your motherboard-manufacturer and nvidia.com. if you have a motherboard with a nforce chipset you can find all info at the download-section of nvidia.com.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/150247-xp-pro-64-vs-vista-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hello, as you could guess im having serious issues with BSOD and getting 20+ per day, most of them are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, to assist you better my specs are

CPU : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3ghz
MB : GA-MA785GM-US2H (Gigabyte)
RAM : 4GIG DDR2 800mhz Corsair (2x 2gig chips)
VC : Nvidia Geforce GT 240

I'm also running McAfee anti-virus
I have been having this issue for over a year, all stopped for a short time when i took my old video card out, former VC was a Zotac 8800gt AMP Edition

I attached the only mini dump files on the computer, i had to zip them due to each one being bigger then the upload limit.

Any help to solve these issues would be great
cheers
bj

A:BSOD Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Bsod

hey again i just got a fresh BSOD the info was, this info is less then 5 mins old before posting this

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF9600009F4CF
BCP3: FFFFFA600D6DC170
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0