Windows Support Forum

pc black suddenly got to hard reset

Q: pc black suddenly got to hard reset

What is the problem actually? I thought this is virus but when i scan with my AV nothing wrong...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: pc black suddenly got to hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: pc black suddenly got to hard reset

Hi Gradeabra,

Based on no other information on your computer and your problem, I would say that reset is very likely due to overheat. May be a maintenance cleaning up would help.

Good luck and post back.

Bruce

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283253-pc-black-suddenly-got-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 64.93%

New HP envy x360 Model No. 15-x107ne has a problem of black screen.  As I understand this problem can be solve by hard  reset. So can anybody tell me the button combinatin to be pressed to get the screen back

A:hard reset for black screen

Hard reset instructions: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-reset-for-black-screen/td-p/5577888
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I was hoping maybe somebody could help me with this laptop. The issue I'm having is most of the time when I walk away from it and leave it on, upon returning the screen is just black, the computer is running but there is no response on the keyboard or mouse, which requires a hard shutdown and a restart. It then says it was not shut down properly, I start it up, and it runs fine until the next time I walk away and it does this freeze thing. I also want to note that it does not always do this, sometimes it sleeps like it should, but the problem is increasing in frequency.

A:Laptop screen goes black, requiring hard reset

No I have had this before its the drivers, the video card is going out, anything? Nobody on this forum has seen a laptop that would keep running but freeze on a black screen after going idle?

Take a guess!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262272-laptop-screen-goes-black-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi People I built my own PC and its been running great for years Using an SSD for OS and boot Black, Only (HoN) Playing go Screens Game reset. needs gaming hard and TB black drive for games and programs I recently installed quot Heroes of Newerth quot for some giggles Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black no sound or beeps no error nothing My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on My keyboard has multiple user levels each have different colour lights but none of the user levels work which makes me think the driver is not running on that so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed Ive done a SMART test and all good Done a memory test windows and no errors found Aside from this i dont know what the next step is Usually i solve Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming these on my own but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific ideas anyone Thanks for any advice or suggestions Gangel

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/64109-playing-game-hon-screens-go-black-needs-hard-reset-only-gaming.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi People I built my own PC and its been running great for years Using an SSD for OS and boot and TB black drive for games and programs I recently Game Screens reset. hard go gaming Only Black, Playing (HoN) needs installed quot Heroes of Newerth quot for some giggles I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black no sound or beeps no error nothing My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on My keyboard has multiple user levels each have different colour lights but none of the user levels work which makes me think the driver is not running on that so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed Ive done a SMART test and all good Done a memory test windows and no errors found Aside from this i dont know what the next step is Usually i solve these on my own but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific ideas anyone Thanks for any advice or suggestions Gangel

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64109-playing-game-hon-screens-go-black-needs-hard-reset-only-gaming.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello So my Toshiba Satellite L D-S running Windows Ultimate -bit has been having random crashes that require a hard reset and I cannot figure out why And as hard requiring screen black crashes reset Random to of today the crashes have progressed to just appearing as though there was no battery and I pulled the plug on the laptop It happens completely out of the blue and I can be doing anything from browsing YouTube to gaming or Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset just leave the laptop idle and it will still crash While gaming the CPU rarely reaches C before I crash and I have tried two different batteries and power supplies original ones the came with the laptop and ones I purchased from the company as extras a few months after receiving the laptop with no difference I have also tested four separate RAM sticks two gb and two gb and the same crashing still occurs Any insight as to why my laptop keeps crashing Thank you Joshdog My Specs Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD K nm Technology GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - TOSHIBA NALAE Socket M S G Generic Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Toshiba GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD SATA Disk Device SATA C HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N SATA CdRom Device Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-to-black-screen-requiring-hard-reset-1011418.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows Professional x Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA playing reset Black Diablo required. while 3, screen Hard BSOD. no W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required. Gb s Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required. quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD -B LGA Intel Z SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG- W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Certified CrossFire Certified PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD G SKILL Sniper GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBSR Computer is about months old Game worked fine for the beta and even for a week or two after launch Randomly not on a patch day the game started crashing Now it crashes after or minutes in the game almost every time I've followed all the regular troubleshooting steps see Battle net thread here At first I didn't see any error logs but the Action Center came up today with a bunch of errors looking like this I included the recommended error files the dump files from the error in the above screenshot and the perfmon report It's worth mentioning that I tried it also in my Windows installation only to encounter the same problem I'm hoping someone with more experience dissecting these logs can help me out Please let me know if you require any additional information

A:Black screen while playing Diablo 3, no BSOD. Hard reset required.

VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED (117)
The display driver failed to respond in timely fashion.

atikmpag.sys - AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver from Advanced Micro Devices
Timestamp: Tue May 22 20:08:40 2012

It appears a recently installed AMD driver is causing a fault with the DX driver; However, a TDR can be caused by your video card overheating. Use a temperature monitoring utility such as HWinfo64 to check the system temperatures. If you are overclocking the card, STOP overclocking until the problem is located.

Forgot to mention: Report back on your system temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234345-black-screen-while-playing-diablo-3-no-bsod-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Before I post the information here is the jyst of things Whenever I play -certain- games my computer display will suddenly go black and my monitor will flash with quot HDMI No Signal quot Information Sudden and dump Screen - Needs inside Black Reset Hard The system is completely unresponsive to any keystrokes If I repeatedly press ctrl alt delete or alt tab repeatedly a loud buzzing noise will begin sound off through my headset Some of the games I Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside experience this issue in are Evil Genius Guild Wars Age of Mythology Medieval Total War Yet Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside games such as Crysis Empire Total War Metro etc I can run on max settings and never experience this issue I do not experience blue screens but windows occasionally thinks it does This is what I received moments ago Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xml Can anyone help me pinpoint what may be causing this issue I'll attach everything grabbed by the SF Diagnostic Tool as well Thank you for your time

A:Sudden Black Screen Needs Hard Reset - Information and dump inside

Hello Jagblade.
It is caused by Razer Lycosa/Razer Tarantula Keyboard Driver. Older versions have BSOD issues with Win7.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Lycosa.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Lycosa.sys
Probably caused by : Lycosa.sys ( Lycosa+1c23 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And the driver is old enough.

Code:
5: kd> lmvm Lycosa
start end module name
fffff880`0a61d000 fffff880`0a624100 Lycosa T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Lycosa.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Lycosa.sys
Image name: Lycosa.sys
Timestamp: Wed Sep 08 08:31:26 2010 (4C86FC86)
CheckSum: 0001462D
ImageSize: 00007100
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view

Also do some general USB maintenance. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.
Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
Do the same for all.
Restart the computer.
At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Uninstall AVG using AVG Remover. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download and install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274471-sudden-black-screen-needs-hard-reset-information-dump-inside.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dual monitor set up through HDMI. My laptop works just fine but the second monitor went black during a gaming session and hasn't worked since. I have restarted, verified its on HDMI setting, updated drivers, checked refresh rates.

The Second monitor is still connected. I can move things there (cant see it) because it is black. When I right click and click screen resolution I can see the screen pop up.

I think the color scheme may have changed during the gaming session and that might be the culprit. It was an old game - 2009

I have Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386918-dual-monitor-suddenly-went-black-still-but-all-black.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 50.74%

Probably should alter the Windows daily reset(s) requiring 8.1 after Router suddenly name on here anyway not sure if this is the right place but I've recently updated my computer to Windows and since then I've had issues with the router it uses to connect to the internet It doesn't seem to act up until this Router suddenly requiring daily reset(s) after Windows 8.1 computer's on and connected at which point it'll eventually make ALL devices connected to the router disconnect and the router itself fail to be discovered Following a quick reset of the router through unplugging and plugging it back in it'll work fine for several hours before it might need another reset I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or legitimately an issue caused by this computer following the Windows update but I thought I'd ask and see if anything can be figured out Also before anyone asks the computer wirelessly connects to the router and uses an Nvidia motherboard with a nForce chipset not fully up to date I've had a lot of issues concerning the chipset drivers and Windows and the chipset's so outdated that the latest drivers are for Windows Vista assuming any of that information helps and might be at fault

A:Router suddenly requiring daily reset(s) after Windows 8.1

Is the router's firmware up to date? That's the first thing I would check. Look for the model number on the manufacturers site and you should find info on checking and updating to the latest code.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39665-router-suddenly-requiring-daily-reset-s-after-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello After steam started acting funny I quickly rebooted the PC Since the PC had been running for a few days lots of programs were running and I was too lazy to wait for them to shut down - so I simply reset the PC Big mistake apparently Firefox v was updated to after the reboot and all my profiles were not visible anymore reset profiles after and deleted browser updated suddenly Firefox in the profile manager So I uninstalled and reinstalled Here's where the quot fun quot starts the old profiles are not recognized anymore in the profile manager even though they are still in AppData Local Mozilla Firefox Profiles I also tried copy pasting the contents of a profile into a Firefox profiles suddenly deleted and browser updated after reset new profile Still nothing happens when I restart the browser no bookmarks no addons Firefox profiles suddenly deleted and browser updated after reset no browsing history etc Finally I thought that all of the profiles of this user might be corrupted so I logged in on my admin account and started firefox there also btw This one worked fine though it obviously was - months outdated - not a total loss though So I copied this profile on a USB stick and again tried a copying it into the appdata local mozilla firefox profiles folder and b simply copying the contents into a new profile Again nothing happens with the result that nothing is recognized This is particularly odd since I know that the admin account firefox profile works fine on the admin account AND both firefox versions admin and user account are versions I've already googled quite a bit but couldn't find anything I'm using win ultimate bit if that is relevant Any advice assistance would be greatly appreciated Tom

A:Firefox profiles suddenly deleted and browser updated after reset

Used a month old image and manually backed up some other files. Everything works again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/204384-firefox-profiles-suddenly-deleted-browser-updated-after-reset.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it s hard drive and I m at a loss as to what to do It s a quot Compaq Presario CQ quot running quot Windows quot As far as I know all drivers and system software is up-to-date Well I was running a couple programs and the notebook froze a few times but only for a minute or so Then it froze for about minutes Not completely but I couldn t access the programs to close them so I long-pushed the power button and turned it off I immediately tried to turn it back on several times and was met with a black screen After running some system checks and looking at the BIOS and all that I understood that the problem was with my hard drive The system tests were with my experienced it's suddenly Hello, problem a has notebook Error hard Hard Disk as follows Memory Test PASSED Battery Test PASSED Run-in Test Stalled at Start-up Test Stalled at Hard Disk Test Stalled at So the computer recognizes that the hard disk is there but still gives me the Hard Disk Error Hello, my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it's hard quot Hard Disk Not Exist quot error messages at several points I have no idea how to proceed from this point My main concern is the Hard Disk Error Hello, my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it's hard integrity of my files pics videos music especially music Does anyone have any idea what I can do Thank you very much nbsp Hard Disk Error Hello, my notebook has suddenly experienced a problem with it's hard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-error-hello-my-notebook-has-suddenly-experienced-a-problem-with-its-hard.1059814/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all Screen Suddenly Black I'm normally pretty good at solving computer issues but this one has me stumped I'm hoping it's not hardware related as money is tight these days I thought I'd get some opinions I built a computer in January everything went perfect Computer Black Screen Suddenly started up and has been running beautifully up until now Last night I was doing a little gaming - playing Planetside Out of the blue the screen went black Thinking the game crashed and or froze I restarted the PC The normal blue windows logo came up with the spinning circle suddenly black screen again Restarted again black screen At this point I know I have an issue I tried to use the tools that come with Windows Automatic Repair Refreshing etc everything came up with an error message I finally swallowed hard and reformatted my PC The computer started up with a clean Windows install and seemingly the problem was gone The very first thing I installed was the video driver restarted my PC and black screen Reformatted again ran windows update got to the video driver update on the list and then black screen Reformatted again installed an old video driver thinking the new driver had errors and black screen I don't have another PC to swap out cards to see if it could be my video card There has been no signs of slowdown or anything of that nature this problem was so suddenly Any ideas Thanks

A:Black Screen Suddenly

Just to give everyone an update, I've removed the card from my PC and things seem to be running normally again - using the motherboard graphics.

I've contacted EVGA and found that my card has a 3 year warranty on it so I'm going to see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497318/black-screen-suddenly/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I m having a problem with my Dell laptop Since a few weeks ago I noticed that whenever I use the laptop on batteries the screen would flicker every now screen black goes My suddenly and then But a few days ago it went all black and I had to force restart the laptop It happened again tonight I don t know if it s infected or if there s a hardware problem Just recently I noticed multiple processes of Firefox in the task manager and I read that it could be because of a Trojan called PoisonIvy I scanned the laptop with SuperAntispyware safe mode then Avira free edition safe mode and Malwarebytes normal mode quick scan all with System Restore turned off But nothing came up And the problem went away But then tonight the black screen happened and now I m not so sure if the laptop was infected after all Any idea what I could do to determine the problem And maybe the cause too I m using Windows XP Media Center Edition version Service Pack Dell Inspiron MXC Dell Inspiron E Genuine Intel reg CPU T GHz GB RAM My screen suddenly goes black Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240142/my-screen-suddenly-goes-black/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I was playing counter stirke but suddenly I got a black screen and on it: "cannot display this video mode, change copmuter display to [email protected]"
But I was playing with a resolution of something with 1600.
I have a Philips 220E LCD.

Someone help me please..

A:Suddenly black screen

Boot into Safe Mode with VGA capabilities. Uninstall present graphics drivers and do a fresh install of the latest ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-black-screen.151805/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was away for about 30mins from my PC while it was still running, when I came back the monitor was blank with the PC running, couldn't turn the monitor on at all, I tried disconnecting the cables but no luck.

I recently got this GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II and the Corsair CX750M

What seems to be the problem?
Thanks
---------------------------------------------
Specs:
CPU: Intel? Core?2 Quad Processor Q9400 at 2.66 GHz
GPU: GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II
Memory RAM: 6GB
PSU: Corsair CX750M

A:Monitor goes black suddenly while the PC is still running?

How do you have your Power Options set and what is listed in "Turn off the display"? You should be able to just move the mouse to turn the display back on. Also, most displays will shut off if they loose a connection. (Meaning the cable may be bad.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335851-monitor-goes-black-suddenly-while-pc-still-running.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Almost every Reboot then Screen and Suddenly Black (Often) went time my system suddenly get a black screen and reboots varies from minutes to hours before reboot After every reboot comes a box quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot with this message Problem signature Problem Event Suddenly Screen went Black and then Reboot (Often) Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Suddenly Screen went Black and then Reboot (Often) Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFF DC BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Username AppData Local Temp Suddenly Screen went Black and then Reboot (Often) WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt From a quick look the BSOD code seems to point a graphic problem I have tried to uninstall NVIDIA driver cleaned the remaining of the driver and perform a clean installation of the NVIDIA driver Any ideas I hope the idea doesn't require re-installation of Windows as I may lose some data Thanks Quick specs Intel Core i - NVIDIA GeForce GTX ti by Gigabyte GV-N WF - GI WD Blue GB RAM GB Gigabyte GA-P -D PSU W included with the case

A:Suddenly Screen went Black and then Reboot (Often)

Current NVIDIA driver: 347.25 release

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362150-suddenly-screen-went-black-then-reboot-often.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My computer screen suddenly turned black without me even touching it. Theres a little white lightblinking in upper left corner but I cant type anything at all. I shut it down and rebooted it but it just goes right back to that same black screen with blinking little white light in upper left corner. How can I fix this without losing my files? It's a dell btw.

A:Help! Screen suddenly turned Black and thats it...

Hello,

Turn on your machine and tap the F8 button, this will bring you to the Advanced Boot Options screen, then select Safe Mode and see if your screen appears.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-screen-suddenly-turned-black-and-thats-it-566088.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi First of all I do not have an antivirus software installed in my computer that is why I am pretty sure there is something wrong going in my laptop I am working with windows xp Service Pack Here is the problem my laptop sometimes Shuts down without asking Not in the sense that it shows you the shutdown window No I just see suddenly my laptop out of electricity and the screen turns to dark I have a Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware installed in my pc and it has twice gave me a trojan a alert But I do not remeber the name of the trojan because it is not appearing anymore Another thing is when I try to visit antvirus websites most of them do not open for me I do not know if the virus or the trojan is that smart to know that My internet conncetion usually gets slow I am feeling really frustrated because when I am in the middle of something important the secreen suddenly turns to black Also when I want to use Ctrl Alt Delete I get the following error message Task Manage has been disabled by your administrator Any help would be appreciated Below is the content of the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by x xp at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV Webroot Internet Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Updated E C F- CCA- - -BDBC AD FW Webroot Internet Security Essentials disabled - A - DD-BADD-A CABCDEAE FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet tme srv exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices black! screen to suddenly My turns SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet TMEPROP exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings x xp Desktop dds EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ae uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuInternet Settings ProxyServer proxy emirates net ae uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dllBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Real Madrid News Toolbar dd f- - - c - f - c program files real madrid news tbReal dllBHO My screen suddenly turns to black! C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO CNisExtBho Class ecb - f - bbc- d- ddf e... Read more

A:My screen suddenly turns to black!

Please, close this thread as I am going to seek a help from another forumThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297770/my-screen-suddenly-turns-to-black/
Relevancy 47.73%

basically when i am playing games or watching movies my computer screen will suddenly go black but the computer seems to still be running, i have to restart my computer every time this happens before the screen will come back. this doesn't happen every time but quite often its getting really annoying any ideas. i think it might be my graphics card but i don't know.

A:Computer screen keeps going black suddenly

We meet again !

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Mind you, this is most likely an LCD monitor fault. If you have another Display (from another computer that you could swap yours with - as a test) that would be ideal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-screen-keeps-going-black-suddenly.99796/
Relevancy 47.73%

can someone help me in the past few days my screen for no reason goes black as if its turned off and the only way to get it back is to restart here is hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal suddenly screen log hjt black goes attached Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer screen suddenly goes black hjt log attached EXE C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe D Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM astsrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG screen suddenly goes black hjt log attached avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe d Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Netex Client NetexTray exe D nicole pics VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system devldr exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro h-j-t HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www nana co il R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer socks R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt localhost O - BHO Netex - A - - E -BA B-FDD F D - C Program Files Netex Client netextb dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Band Class - EFAE E-DB - -A -EB F - C Program Files Netex Client netexa dll O - Toolbar Netex - A - - E -BA B-FDD F D - C Program Files Netex Client netextb dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot d Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AWMON quot D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKCU Run Veoh quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe quot VeohHide O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run ... Read more

A:screen suddenly goes black hjt log attached

the pc also freezes when i play video and then i have to restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-suddenly-goes-black-hjt-log-attached.724045/
Relevancy 47.73%

hey guys,

I was attempting to clean my computer screen today by wiping it off with a tissue paper but I accidently wiped over a bunch of buttons on my screen, and I have no idea what the function of those is lol.
My PC screen went black, and I don't know to get things back to normal. I still hear the computers noise so I know it's on. I already tried to turn off the PC and unplug it, but that didn't fix the problem. When I start it up again the screen remains black.

I've also managed to lose the manual. Any idea's? here's a pic FYI

A:My computer suddenly has a black screen?

alright so apparently one of the buttons turns the screen on/off but once I press it nothing happens. fml

its a lenovo A730 one btw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-suddenly-has-a-black-screen.1139669/
Relevancy 47.73%

Comp inch HP Envy that I bought last June I was making my way home about a mile from the bus that I took from community college And I decided that I felt like running some of the way so I strapped my backpack on hard which by the suddenly Black Graphics red, is problem way contained the laptop and ran for a minute or too and then walked the Black is suddenly red, Graphics problem rest I got home realized I didn t have a key and was locked Black is suddenly red, Graphics problem out of my house Not that that part has anything to do with the computer Anyways when I finally got into my house and turned on my laptop everything that should have been pure black was pure red In my browser google chrome right now everything seems fine except for the very top of my screen above my browser a bit of the black on the cellphone in the add on this website and a bit at the bottom task bar of windows Other then that my computer is no different then it was before I used my laptop earlier at college and it was completely fine I m worried that my running may have done something physical to my graphics cards or something else I am confident with messing around with taking part of building desktops though i do not know anything real specific about the part I could tell you what a graphics card is but not how it works And I have never opened a laptop but I m ready too if I need to I d rather not go to staples nbsp

A:Black is suddenly red, Graphics problem

This morning my computer appeared fine after sleeping for 7 hours or so. I hope that was a one time thing. I will reply to this again if anything changes again.

Wok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-is-suddenly-red-graphics-problem.986338/
Relevancy 47.3%

My desktop constantly bombs out, it goes to blackscreen, and then I have to reboot and log on.

I think that perhaps certain programs are outdated, but I do not know how to find the latest, as I am afaid of viruses. I have AVG.

A:Black screen and bombs out then I have to reset and log on

If you are afraid you might be infected please see our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the UPDTAED 8 Step sticky. Follow the instructions and post on that forum with the required logs attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-and-bombs-out-then-i-have-to-reset-and-log-on.156602/
Relevancy 47.3%

While going on my laptop, the screen will occasionally go black, sometimes making a weird buzzing noise too. It happens randomly, but I noticed that watching YouTube videos does trigger it. The only thing I can do is turn it off and on again, but I'm looking for a more sustainable solution and I'm also wondering if it could be a driver problem. This only started yesterday but since then it has happened quite a number of times, and I haven't even owned the laptop for a month. There are 3 accounts on this laptop and I asked my siblings if they experienced similar problems on their accounts but they have not.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-suddenly-goes-black-and-or-starts-buzzing/td-p/5704764
Relevancy 47.3%

Laptop screen has just started going black when I need to plug the ac adapter in to charge, if I take it out screen goes back to normal.  I have not downloaded anything new recently.  I did download the free Windows 10 but that was months ago.  Any help would be appreciated but please not too technical as I am no expert on computers.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:My laptop screen has suddenly started going black when I nee...

Maybe the battery powerplan is changed or not configured properly. You can see the current powerplan through system tray- battery icon.Please check if the powerplan options are set properly.More specific:Is the brightness setting when plugged in on charger OK?Also: If screen turns black, can you still use the hotkeys on keyboard to adjust brightness?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-laptop-screen-has-suddenly-started-going-black-when-I/td-p/5599355
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi i had problems with my wifi not working on my yoga 500 and after a hard reset/ factory reset i get boot, but after that , all I see is a black screen with a spinning/ rotating circle nothing else happens.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Black-screen-after-factory-reset-yoga-500/td-p/3413129
Relevancy 46.87%

I used Windows 8 recovery manager to wipe my computer. I had several viruses so it seemed like the best way.

my screen went Black when the process started and now it won't come back on.

My video card is a different one besides what came with the computer.

I sold the old video card to a friend, so the only graphics I have is the new I bought a while back. It should be an ATI RADEON. 5700 I believe.

I'm guessing the driver got deleted, and with no internet to search for drivers and no vision of the screen I seem screwed.

Are there any ways out of this one?

Thanks,

Zach

A:Help! Factory Reset Computer, Screen Went Black

I should have an HP Envy desktop of some sort with an i5 processor.

When I boot up I can't see the mouse or anything. The only spot on the computer to plug my monitor into is my video card. No extra video spot

I tried putting the graphics card cd in hoping somehow it could do something but my cd drive won't open. I'm assuming I can open it during the boot process but not after the boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/317696-help-factory-reset-computer-screen-went-black.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got a HP laptop win and Black factory screen reset attempt on when I attempt to do recovery restore or even a Img bkup it goes to a black screen with mouse cursor that I'm able to move around but it does nothing else even if I Black screen on factory reset attempt let it sit for hours I tried to use the built hp software to make a factory recovery disc Black screen on factory reset attempt but it said there was no recovery partition as if it were deleted but in fact a quick look with windows explorer shows it does exists Black screen on factory reset attempt and it perfectly intact plus the disk management shows it intact healthy and labeled as recovery As I said before I can reboot into the menu to choose to recover restore and everything else but once I select one i get the black screen with the mouse arrow Im trying to avoid buying the discs from hp Would there be something possibly hiding or blocking the recovery partition Maybe a bad registry entry I've tried setting folder options to show hidden files and system files Anyone have any recommendations

A:Black screen on factory reset attempt

I saw a website the other day that suggested turning off the Secure Boot on an HP machine. There seemed to be a process where you needed to enter a code you were given in order to turn it off.

I suppose other options might depend on your graphics configuration. If you can move your display back to an onboard or basic video output it might help. I do not know why doing such a thing would help since you are going back to a Factory configuration, but maybe something is getting stuck in the system and needs to be reset.

Knowing the Exact HP model number might help in research.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46811-black-screen-factory-reset-attempt.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there,I am currently in a fieldwork in Ghana for my PhD and there is no Lenovo repairs shop here.Last night, I have tried to restart my X1 carbon from sleep mode and unfortunately, it did not restart.The screen stayed balck while the keyboerd and the power led were flashing and only pressing the hard reset button could stop this. After searching along the forum I have found about the CMOS reset button. So I have pressed the hard reset and the CMOS reset button simultaneously for 10 seconds and now the screen stays black and the keyboard led and the fan turns off after 2 or 3 seconds. Can annyone has an idea because I have 15 more days of fieldwork and without a laptop to record my results the rest of my PhD might be really compromised Thank you in advanceGeoffrey 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-carbon-black-screen-after-CMOS-reset/td-p/3371694
Relevancy 46.87%

hi, i have been on a advent help forum, to try and rectify my USB issue.
i was told to reset the bios. (model Advent T1)

this didn't fix the original problem, but instead created another.
the screen when the PC restarted was showing an extremely dark screen.

i cannot see any settings in the bios that can change this back.

and also nothing in device manager or Display properties (changing contrast, colour etc. has little effect)

can anyone help with this?

cheers

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything i'm new to the forum Recently my computer has started crashing randomly It mostly happens when i am playing various games but has also happened once when i was just watching a video on YouTube When it crashes both of my monitors go black as if they were going into buzzing Random followed reset by screen, then black standby mode then after a couple of seconds i start hearing a loud buzzing sound through Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset my headset then after about - seconds the computer just restarts itself The computer is custom built and is just over years old but this crash as only started happening within the last month and a bit The crashes themselves are completely sporadic some times i can go several days even a week or so playing games with no problems then the next day it will crash during a game and then again the next day Sorry about the lack of detail in the specs but im not that great with troubleshooting so if there is any other information you need please let me know how i can get it Specs CPU AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor GHz OS Windows bit Service Pack GPU GeForce GTX GB RAM Thanks in advance for any help

A:Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset

I'm still hoping someone can help with this.

It just did the crash again this morning after only being on for 30 minutes, when it had reset itself windows popped up an error box saying Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown with these details,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8010769010
BCP2: FFFFF88012205D1C
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I'm not sure if this is any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-black-screen-followed-by-buzzing-then-reset-880849.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi please bear with me i ve never tried something like this to troubleshoot b Basically at seemingly random times my screen goes black and i have to hit the Reset button on my Chasis to get back to normal functionality The trick is i never get an Event in the Event Viewer to indicate the cause of the issue - i m inclined to believe it s either a Norton problem or some form of Malware I followed the listed instructions as well as i could however i had some issues with GMER even when disabling AV for it so i do not have a scan to post from that Here is the DDS stuff however - AV didn t seem to cause any hiccups with it as far as i could tell but if you need a fresh scan with AV off just holler DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kevin at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Security Suite On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Security Suite enabled C A C -F F- AC Black to have Screen, button Chasis. hit Reset on -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files EVGA Precision EVGAPrecision exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEsvchost exeC Documents and Settings Kevin Local Settings Apps OR OQZOH QM HBQRJN OE curs tion eee a b d e e CurseClient exeC Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Kevin My Documents Downloads Computer-Related Security Check Stuff dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis. df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis. aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton security suite engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis. e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - No FileBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dllmRun EVGAPrecision quot c program files evga precision EVGAPrecision exe quot smRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquietmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEStartupFolder c documents and settings kevin start menu programs startup CurseClientStartup ccipIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dllTrusted Zone internetTrusted Zone mcafee comDPF E DF - E - A - -C ED - hxxp content systemrequirementslab com s amazonaws com global bin srldetect cyri cabDPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download C C C CBBA -A F - D - B E- D LegitCheckControl cabDPF E A-... Read more

A:Black Screen, have to hit Reset button on Chasis.

As i've not had any black screens since my initial post and i'm having surgery monday with an expected 2 week hospital stay (not my best planning, posting late thursday knowing of the coming surgery, but i get nervous about computer security stuff and sort of panicked), i'm not quite sure what the best option would be in regards to this thread....If someone is already involved with looking at the logs and stuff, i leave it up to you as to how you would like to proceed, given this new information - whatever you feel is best is fine with me, and thank you for looking into my issue. If noone has started yet, please delete this thread - i'll make a new one after the hospital stay if needed.Also, i'm starting to think this is more likely a Driver, Hardware, or Norton issue, not Malware..... tho i could be wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347863/black-screen-have-to-hit-reset-button-on-chasis/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone My laptop it s an HP Pavilion dv running Windows recently started having this terrible problem What happens is that I m doing something totally non computer-intensive when all of a sudden the screen just turns black and a second or two later shuts off It seems as though if I don t use it for shuts Laptop suddenly black, off Windows then turns 7 a couple of days and then boot it up Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off it doesn t have the problem Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off But once I turn it off and turn it Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off on again it happens For example yesterday after not using it for about two weeks I had it on for about an hour or two before turning it off on my own Today I was on the internet reading an article and had my virus software McAfee running a scan I thought it was going to be okay as if it was going to go black and turn off it would have done so already But within - minutes of it being on it did just that it went black and turned off I turned it on again curious to see how long it would take to happen this time I made it to the desktop before it went black and shut off after about - minutes Another thing of interest is that when it is on it is very slow much slower than usual And another thing A long while back I had set my desktop so that it would change pictures every minutes I forgot exactly when this started but the images don t change anymore I thought it was just a mild annoyance but I m wondering if it s a symptom of the overall issue A couple other things I had some system restore points before but when I checked yesterday it said I didn t have any And sometimes a window comes up before my laptop goes black and shuts off but I don t have time to even see what it says What in the world is going on Is it a virus trojan spyware etc Or something related to the hardware going faulty I do know that the battery died a long time ago so the only way I keep the computer on is plugging it in The moment it s unplugged the computer is off Is there any way to reclaim my laptop I ve read about wiping the hard drive and re-installing Windows but I don t know how to wipe the hard drive nor did my laptop come with a Windows disk Sorry about the long post but I wanted to include as much detail as possible in the case that it may help diagnosing the problem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ P S - I had posted the above question on another forum and had gotten one reply The reason I m posting in this forum is because the last one was not at all very active and I m just trying to get as much help and as fast as possible thus posting the problem in multiple forums Anyway the one reply on the other forum said it could be virus spyware could also be heat thats causing the shutdown once the laptop gets too hot thermal protection kicks in shutting it down to prevent damage check your vents for dust and either use a can of air to clean it or use a vacuum to suck out the dust another to try is boot to safemode use for a awhile if it shuts down then its likely heat related for sure as for reclaiming your laptop HP restart laptop and press F then select recover pc only do this if you rule out or fix your current problem as you dont want it to shutdown while is running recovery ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My reply was thus Hey thanks for replying and helping I really appreciate it And sorry it s taken me so long to reply I ve been really busy I tried what you said and booted to each of the three Safe Modes Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt In fact I booted to each of these three modes multiple times Not once did t... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-suddenly-turns-black-then-shuts-off.1007985/
Relevancy 46.44%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I running a dual monitor setup with the following specs E Dual Core at Ghz GB DDR Ram Nvidia GT Vista bit I in Setup suddenly turned Monitor Dual black. One have been using a dual monitor setup with relative ease for over a year now previously on another computer and now on this one Today for no reason at all my primary monitor went black secondary one worked just fine I was not even using the One Monitor in Dual Setup suddenly turned black. computer at the time so it was strange for me to see that happen as I was reading from my bed I quickly restarted the computer and tried the normal tricks I found that I could still move my mouse over and click and drag windows from that monitor to my second one Curious about this I turned it off and back on and saw the display of the monitor flicker back on clearly showing the desktop with no visible problems The problem was that One Monitor in Dual Setup suddenly turned black. the display would once again go black after about a second or two I thought it might be the cables so I switched them but alas the working monitor worked with no problems and the blank monitor stayed blank I could still move the mouse over onto it and quickly turning the thing off and on allowed me to drag this internet window over to the visible monitor Now I consider myself pretty good when it comes to handling technical problems but this is one I can t solve I ve gone into the display settings a dozen times and nothing makes this monitor display Interesting enough when I go into hibernate the monitor flicks on for a few seconds before no longer displaying The power light is green and working and I can actually move stuff onto the monitor and back off with no problem I just can t see it It s a Dell Monitor that is about years old Dell tech support were total douches who didn t know how to fix anything so they just told me that the warranty was up so they could not do anything So I come here anyone have any ideas for me I would love you forever if you can help me fix this nbsp

A:One Monitor in Dual Setup suddenly turned black.

Does the other monitor work in the primary port? Does a monitor work in the "broken" display port as a single monitor? I would propably try reinstalling your video drivers, might be nothing about the monitors. (don't try if you do not get video out of either of the ports with only one monitor plugged in, will be quite a pain to do with a black screen)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-monitor-in-dual-setup-suddenly-turned-black.778691/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi as per my Topic Title my computer Monitor has been randomly going to a black Monitor suddenly goes black white for with all cursor. mouse box backround with a white box for mouse cursor for no apparent reason I m running Windows XP SP and my Custom Computer s Hardware Security Software information can be found on my Profile - if i should post it Monitor suddenly goes all black with white box for mouse cursor. here as well i d be happy to - just ask The odd thing is that the Monitor suddenly goes all black with white box for mouse cursor. box still moves when i move my mouse so it s clearly not a hard-lock of the system - i can ctrl-alt-del alt-u r to restart the system when it happens rather than being forced to resort to the reset button on the case In the past i have also had a Monitor suddenly goes all black with white box for mouse cursor. pink checkered backround as well as a green backround both with the same white box for the mouse cursor - unfortunately however i did not get a video of them and those backround colors have not happened since I m inclined to believe the root cause may be hardware or software settings related but as i am far more concerned about it being caused by an infection i felt i would post here first Hopefully that s ok I have looked over Windows Event Viewer Norton s Security History run EVGA s OC Scanner even tho i do not overclock run Memtest just one pass and run MemtestG - all to no avail - nothing in Windows Event Viewer Norton s Security History no Artifacts errors in EVGA s OC Scanner Memtest came back fine as did MemtestG - Here is a video i took of the issue with a digital camera and uploaded in case it might be of any help in getting to the bottom of this Link to Video on YouTubeHopefully the root cause of this problem can be discovered and fixed - if there is any further information i can provide please don t hesitate to ask Note this is a seperate issue from the one i posted about a few years ago - that one was caused by my old GPU being on its last legs heh - moral of that story is to always have some software to monitor the temp of your GPU and manually adjust fan speed

A:Monitor suddenly goes all black with white box for mouse cursor.

Hello, I feel it may not be malware.Well lets run these ....Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log has a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.>>>I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push [color="#8B0000"]NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464477/monitor-suddenly-goes-all-black-with-white-box-for-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 46.44%

Today I noticed my computer taking a very long time to load up. Something happened that it had to do a CHKDSK scan , I didn't go on any new websites today and I didn't download anything. This happened after I saw my computer was at the password screen, I don't remember turning it on though. It must have been at the password screen to log in for about 20 min or so. Ever since that my computer is barely able to load up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468055/computer-suddenly-starting-up-very-slowly-black-screen/
Relevancy 46.44%

Basically yesterday I was trying to sort out printing something because for some reason Word doesn t recognise the fact that my printer was connected I searched for a solution and someone suggested it may be drivers so I downloaded a few sets of drivers for my printer I left them to install and while I was waiting I heard an odd clicking sound I m not sure if it was the computer or the printer but ever since my computer has been slow at loading I googled this and it said it was a HDD issue but chkdsk is fine Booting is fine but when loaded but then whatever I click takes forever to load at least much longer than computer black suddenly and Random screens a slow usual I m doing a virus scan and am uninstalling things but is it worth doing a system restore Today my screen has blacked out a couple of times leaving nothing but a mouse cursor too I started doing a Windows Update yesterday but it wasn t working so I stopped it and I did install a Random black screens and a suddenly slow computer few things so could it just be worth a system restore or should I follow through with updates and Random black screens and a suddenly slow computer possible try updating video drivers This laptop is farly new so I don t want it to break already Specs HP Pavilion dv - sa BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Phenom tm II N Triple-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM GFX Card name ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Anybody able to offer any solutions or help I Just want to nip this in the bud really nbsp

A:Random black screens and a suddenly slow computer

What is the make of your harddrive? If you can, back up everything NOW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-black-screens-and-a-suddenly-slow-computer.172940/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an Asus S56c laptop which turns on and goes to a black screen. It is running windows 8 or 8.1 with an ssd. I am able to access the Bios and I tried to get it to refresh and do a factory reset but both times there was an error saying there is a file missing. I have taken the hard drive out and used an external drive to get my files off of the hard drive . I have another asus laptop but a different model running windows 8 as well.

I also have and external enclosure and external hard drives that I can use.

Can someone please explain simply or with links, what I need to do to put windows 8 or 8.1 back onto the laptop to get it working again. Please also help me to find out if it was win 8 or 8.1.

A:win 8 black screen after start, can not reset file missing

Have you tried this?

System Restore - How to Do in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/65894-win-8-black-screen-after-start-can-not-reset-file-missing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Long story short someone I know bought a screen with black laptop 8, keep w/ Windows getting but Trying cursor a to reset laptop The seller told them they'd need a new hard drive I took a look at it and found it was riddled with malware and adware Couldn't even login to the account without getting a black screen mouse cursor So after going into safe mode and uninstalling a few programs and running ADWCleaner I've been able to login to the main account normally I'm running malwarebytes and MSE right now but since they don't want all this extra data anyway I figured I'd just wipe everything The problem is that when I go to system restore or system reset or when I try to use the HP recovery tools it goes to a loading screen and then a black screen with a cursor Forever I'm at a bit of Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor a loss as to what could be breaking every recovery option That said I'm also wondering if the reset option will reinstall Windows without needing an installation disc or anything like that I've seen yes and no in different places so I'm no longer sure Here's screenshots with misc specs if it would help to know http i imgur com Qp uYuB jpg http i imgur com sNOadYW jpg http i imgur com thS X l jpg http i imgur com FcYKbrV jpg

A:Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor

Using the System Reset can be done without a disc.  There is a partition on the hdd just for this type of recovery.

You will find instructions for doing this at HP Support.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574600/trying-to-reset-a-laptop-with-windows-8-but-keep-getting-black-screen-w-cursor/
Relevancy 46.44%

I had to do a factory reset on my laptop and now when i turn it on it is a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner and the screen never changes. What do I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion-g7-series-factory-reset-and-black-screen/td-p/5831748
Relevancy 46.44%

black screen usually no errors just a black screen sound will lag and freeze up have to hard reset it no blue screens usually here is the latest mini dump file.

this is the latest mini dump file most the time my comp never blue screens just hangs black so i never knew there was mini dump files still coming in and i have a bunch of those but this is the latest one.

had a driver issue a while back was getting blue screens from it but i completely erased it out of drivers folder and win32 drivers folder which was locked but i used a reg editor here that made it possible to take ownership of a folder and then i completely deleted it out of my system so i think.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:random crashes during all games black screen and have to hrd reset

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111311-26145-01.dmp
C:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40950-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.tx
i think this was the last error message i saved

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200608-random-crashes-during-all-games-black-screen-have-hrd-reset.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have Dell Inspiron - and I am using it for atleast three years This one is bought in Abu Dhabi UAE and was used by my sister for about a year or two then she shipped it here in the Philippines because I needed it It has Windows when it arrived here The problem occured yesterday It was perfectly running when i used it when i got home from school but Chrome was annoyingly kept on not responding I refreshed the desktop before I reloaded Chrome when I noticed that the desktop icons were not showing up I shrugged it off thinking my laptop is just being slow Still annoyed on Chrome I decided to turn my laptop Dell reset inspiron screen after 15-3521 black off and took a nap Note that I didnt plugged it off After hours of nap I turned it on and it actually booted but a Dell inspiron 15-3521 black screen after reset black screen I turned it off and on again for about three times but still a black screen I tried to turn it on inserting its battery then it showed the Recovery page of Windows saying that Windows didn t load correctly I turned it off again then plugged it again without its battery It showed the same page then I asked a friend on what should I do He told me to try opening it on safe mode I did but it showed that automatic repair couldn t repair my pc I did a second attempt to enter safe mode After about minutes it booted on safe mode I then decided that I will just reset it so I back up important files on my USB flashdrive I tried to reset it but only the drive on which Windows is installed It worked but after reset the power and search icons where missing It was supposedly be right beside my account on Start page Also Start icon on desktop was not showing up I just decided to finish things up tomorrow then I shutted it down Today I tried to reset it again but i decided to clean all drives this time It took almost hours to finish then after the welcome start up and Hi we re setting things up for you blah blah it just turned out to a black screen After like minutes a messaged showing that Stop running this script popped up I stupidly clicked No It is still on black screen till now Any suggestions on what should I do now

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996534
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,I have a new Yoga 900-13ISK2 Laptop (3 weeks old). Up until a week ago I watched videos and all worked well .About a week ago I had to reset my computer due to a potential virus (didn't use any proper protection at the time) and since then every time I try to watch a video I get a black screen after a few minutes . Installed Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook driver but it didn't work .Can someone please help me?Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/After-reset-Yoga-900-13ISK2-Laptop-black-screen-when-playing/td-p/3467443
Relevancy 46.44%

I tried to do a reset in laptop because it was acting horrible. Slow loading or unable to load. I fell asleep during the reset process and woke up to black screen. Tried turning it off and starting over but nothing

A:Black screen on toshiba satellite laptop after i reset

This should get you going, then we need to find what caused the original problem.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/black-screen-on-toshiba-satellite-laptop-after-i-reset/323.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Basically, every time I try to reset/restore/refresh, the end result is a black screen with a mouse cursor. Logging in works fine, though it didn't before I ran some virus, malware, and adware scans. I just can't seem to get any of the clean slate features to work. Any idea what might cause this?

General system info in the attachments.

A:Trying to reset a laptop with Windows 8, but keep getting black screen w/ cursor

just as an fyi, a lot of us are at work when using this site. As a result, I know I cannot see the pics you posted as I've blocked the site imgur at work. Any chance you can upload them just into this site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-reset-a-laptop-with-windows-8-but-keep-getting-black-screen-w-cursor.1147555/
Relevancy 46.01%

Thanks for your help. I've deleted my request. Most appreciated.

A:My Computer Screen Suddenly Turned Black. What CanI Do To Restore It?

What is the make and model of your system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517236/my-computer-screen-suddenly-turned-black-what-cani-do-to-restore-it/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 14 5459. Sometimes when I work it suddenly black screen and the fan so noisy. After that, I must press the power button to turn it off  with force. It happens about 3-4 times while I work (typing or just browsing the internet). 
Could you please help me with this situation? What can I do? Fyi I have run the diagnostics and did not found any error.
Thank you for you support

A:Dell Inspiron 14 5459 suddenly black screen and shut down

Hi ZADRIANARDI,
Does this happen with or without the adapter connected? What applications are using when the display goes blank? Is the mouse cursor still seen and active when the display goes blank? Does the system overheat? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? 
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/28V3xvh - and reinstall the chipset drivers and video drivers from the same site and check if it works fine.
If the issue is still unresolved, then connect an external monitor and check if display goes blank on the external monitor and the LCD.
Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - do not make any changes here - leave the system in BIOS environment for as long as possible with the adapter connected  and see if the display goes blank while in BIOS.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984044
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My monitor screen keeps fading black I would like to ask what could be causing the problem here is some more info -Computer screen just gets black and monitor states no signal quot It can happen anytime Usually it can keep running for days without any problem and then suddenly it fades black x per day I noticed the longer I keep my computer turned off smaller the chance it will fade any soon but then fades Solved: screen Monitor black suddenly needed] [help I need to use it -Im sure it isnt monitor tried it on other pc -Im sure its not cable to monitor tried another one -all quot external quot cables are connected properly tried many times - I believe i tried updating my graphic card to latest date when it started happening without Solved: [help needed] Monitor screen suddenly fades black any Solved: [help needed] Monitor screen suddenly fades black difference Internal cables might not be connected to perfection but it started happening by itself i didnt move with PC at that time it shouldnt be an issue still I ll try opening it and reconnect everything I find there Whats your ideas about it Hardware or software issue And what should I do Thanks for every bit of help Btw it started happening when I was using extension cable to my monitor but Im no longer using it and problem still occurs nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

My HP Pavilion a6232n PC had the blue screen error a lot so I factory reset it. After that, it wouldn't start anymore and hangs at a black screen with a blinking underscore after the HP logo. I tried to boot the windows vista recovery disk from the boot menu but it doesn't work. It still goes to the black screen whether I boot the cd or hard drive first.

EDIT: It sometimes displays "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I don't have a system disk and I have read that the recovery disk can be used for it. When i put it in and press enter, it just has the black screen without the message anymore.

A:Computer hangs at black screen with underscore after factory reset

You may have a bad or corrupt hard drive. Have you checked that the hard drive is detected in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-at-black-screen-with-underscore-after-factory-reset.173949/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone,I recently wanted to re-setup my Acer Aspire 7250g with Linux Mint. I switched to the BIOS to change the boot order, typed in the password and i got the message, that the password is wrong. So I looked up some solutions. I tried to find a masterpassword, but there was no errorcode shown. I tried some other things, but they didnt work as well. At last i took out the CMOS battery, I restarted the pc after i put the battery back in and all I got was a black screen.I tried to flash the BIOS, because I read that the BIOS might be corrupted. I followed the instructions of this thread; http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Re-flash-a-corrupt-BIOS-for-an-Acer-Aspire-7250/td-p/9376... . I tried it multiple ways with this solution, but nothing worked.I hope someone can help me. LG Fuzzy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-7250g-black-screen-after-BIOS-reset/td-p/446100
Relevancy 46.01%

My Satellite laptop was working fine until I presumably closed the lid during the boot process Since then the screen is blank black even though I can change with the power button between quot operation quot including HD activity WLAN and alternatively long press quot hibernate quot with a on off fading operation symbol I tried all screen - black hangs Z930-119 Reset? in Satellite hibernate with combinations of keys long-press-power-button FN-F FN-F etc There Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset? is no output signal at the external VGA connector I achieved no change at all All I would need is something like a hardware-reset There is no easy way to remove the battery as suggested in the internet Do you have any suggestions or tricks like quot press xy and uv quot or alike to produce a real hardware-reset to make the device start from the beginning I cannot believe that a sophisticated product like the Satellite Z has no provisions to reboot in case of a software failure In a few cases things like that happen in real life

A:Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset?

Hi

As far as I know you would need to remove the bottom cover just to get access to the battery.

Here is an video on Youtube:
[Toshiba How-To: Z930 and Z935 Disassembly Instructions|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmEhiK3Njs]

But I would recommend trying something different.
Did you connect the external monitor to the notebook just to check if something would be visible on the 2nd screen?
Do that.

In case nothing would be visible on 2nd monitor you could try to remove the battery and to press and hold the power button 30sec long.
Not quite sure if it would be helpful but in some cases this procedure might help to wakeup the unit again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73713-Satellite-Z930-119-hangs-in-hibernate-with-black-screen-Reset
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay so the story goes like this, yesterday my laptop had many weird stutters and freezes so I tried to fix it by doing different things like automatic repair etc, they all didn't work so I decided to do a complete factory reset and then the procedure ended up failing and then it froze on the spot, so I decided to restart my laptop, then all I get is a black screen after hp logo. Please help!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/130122-windows-10-black-screen-after-failed-attempt-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So my computer was super laggy because its pretty old and I decided to factory Reset the computer and it worked fine and I decided to shut down the computer I manually held the shut down button and then turned it on it worked fine then on the start up screen it said if i wanted something worked my now fine Pavilion DV4 Reset Factory screen black about HP quickweb Factory Reset my Pavilion DV4 worked fine now black screen and it downloaded and then windows started normally and I decided to shut down the computer again I held the power button down and then tried to turn it on and always on start up the HP quick web pops up and after that it goes into a black screen and it doesnt go away there is no blinking lights my caps lock light is off everything has light but the caps lock i tried removing the battery and holding the power button for a minute and pluging the charger Factory Reset my Pavilion DV4 worked fine now black screen and turning it on it looks like its gonna start up because the quick web pops up and then black screen with like a dash on the very top left side is there anything I can do is it the quick web that messed it up how can I fix this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Factory-Reset-my-Pavilion-DV4-worked-fine-now-black-screen/td-p/5742674
Relevancy 46.01%

Toshiba Satellite L D-S A month ago was having issues with infinite start up loop after bad updates install Couldn't even get into the command prompt for a while but then was able to and followed the quot How to Recover from an Infinite Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows quot guide that I found on here and it worked Got all of my personal files off then after a couple weeks decided to do a factory reset because it was starting to run slow at times Two nights ago had more updates can't even factory black reset screen of Toshiba and Satellite - death from Windows and when I turned it on it said something didn't download correctly It did a disk Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset check and then was fine except ran slow when it booted up for a few minutes Today when turning it on it gives options of running StartUp Repair which does the Windows loading files screen then goes to a black screen with the cursor icon Also gives the Start Windows Normally option which gets stuck on the opening Windows icon and never moves All F options end up with black screen with cursor and the kicker is that I attempted factory reset twice now and it goes to a black screen with cursor as well I don't have a recovery disk or any other Windows media Is there anything else I can try tried taking the battery out too and holding down power button or is this laptop toast Thanks and let me know if you need any other system specs

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen of death and can't even factory reset

I would say that you have a disk problem.
If you do have a Win (7, 8 or 10) installation disk, boot with it, go to repair, launch command prompt and then type chkdsk C: /f.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402080-toshiba-satellite-black-screen-death-cant-even-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Never been great with this sort of stuff but this has got me really confused I was playing Steam this morning and suddenly the game froze After a couple of minutes it went back to the desktop but the background was black Chrome was reset not signed in no bookmarks no history default settings and all of my documents and pictures were gone Even more confusing was that Steam was no longer on the installed programs list First thought was a virus but background, + lost documents Black reset, pictures Chrome none of the scans detected anything so I tried using sfc scannow and it found corrupt files but couldn't repair them Then I tried Shadow Explorer and it did find the deleted documents pictures but when I exported them it says unable to open and most of the pictures are blurred cut in half So I'm Black background, Chrome reset, lost documents + pictures just left wondering what the hell happened I have a backup of most of the documents but not all of them so any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68191-black-background-chrome-reset-lost-documents-pictures.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Problem Following the Windows- -HP- -bit logo screen system hangs in perpetual state of quot pre-login quot Black screen normal-resolution mouse pointer no alt-ctrl-del capabilities nor any other interaction other than mouse movement This follows a large burst of updates Don't ask why Bad Habits and then reboot Now NTBTLog txt reports vga and NDProxy drivers do not install not that the latter really matters no safe-modes give me anything no low-res-vga boot and prior screen just black on to w/mouse hangs suddenly logon. System so on System hs worked great for years No new H W or S W or changes I cloned the disk and can now work off of the clone to attempt any fixes I did have adequate anti-malware s w running but I'll have to go through that whole quot process quot I realize But I also know this is a sort of a common problem lately although in many different varieties when it comes to specifics - So I thought maybe someone would be able to steer me System suddenly hangs on black screen w/mouse just prior to logon. to a fix that doesn't involve a system reinstall Any ideas vga sys Oh and no restore points are present Anything I might not know about going on here Something you might be able to enlighten me about I would appreciate any help you could provide And System suddenly hangs on black screen w/mouse just prior to logon. I'd like to figure out the source if possible rather than a simple standard System suddenly hangs on black screen w/mouse just prior to logon. or duck-tape type of solution That's a last resort And then I'll not know what to avoid Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382459-system-suddenly-hangs-black-screen-w-mouse-just-prior-logon.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Desktop asus crashed it is upgraded from and after an error update to W horrible nothing was working then I went back within days to mentionning this as I saw maybe this could have corrupted Black screen+cant restore/reset, miss drive+partition lock my partition This week I got a black screen on start up and could only go into bios or recovery cd after week of different try and misses Im coming here hoping you will solve my Black screen+cant restore/reset, lock drive+partition miss problems now I am desperate Have recovery cd but auto repair doesnt work says drive is locked recovery gives another error messages ie I think to run ckdsk did it via CMD and also with lazesoft which couldnt complete as it says drive locked Reset gives a required drive partition is missing tried several things such as lazesoft but it couldnt complete as it says drive is locked but it read my files I copied my documents only as I dont care anymore that were necessary for Black screen+cant restore/reset, lock drive+partition miss my life ie WORK the rest at this point I dont give a damn would rather keep my job then videos or else after searching the net at work I did also all this tried several cmd commands diskpath ckdisk which does mention no error and bootrec too Folllowed some info on link that I was provided with no luck too Was told to also try asus bactraker its downloaded on my xp laptop but I cant make it work on cd on asus I got the files burned them on cd and nothing happens nowhere on internet it mentions how to make it work on cd I did unplug hard drive and waited a bit and no luck help help help need to have access asap refersh to factory I dont give a damn I just need it to work I just installed Ubuntu based on another thread help and it loaded correctly and now I am back on my asus via Ubuntu so I can now answer promptly as I have internet again BUT MY goal is to fix Microsoft Either without loosing my software or files OR by restoring to factory so how to do that without sending to Asus not on warranty anymore and should I remove Ubuntu or will it do it when restoring Right now I will not dare to shut my computer until it is solved took me a week to get back access to it should have done UBUNTU faster Manufacturer Asus Model M bb-ca s OS Windows bits CPU Ram AMD Quad-Core A - GHz gb MHZ

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74459-black-screen-cant-restore-reset-lock-drive-partition-miss.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having a problem where my screen will suddenly go completely black for a few seconds then reappears and continues to flash on and off like this probably about times taking a total of around seconds and then I get a blue screen of death I think the cursor can still be seen when the screen goes black This happens almost every day I use my computer It seems the only way I can prevent the system from crashing is if I quickly hit the sleep button before the blue screen can appear I am running Vista with all the latest suddenly begins screen Display blue appears then times, black flashing several updates My video card and motherboard are also up-to-date This is my video card http Display suddenly begins flashing black several times, then blue screen appears www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sorry I don t have any info from the blue screen It disappears almost immediately and it just never seems like a good time to allow my computer to suddenly crash so that I can try to get the info Any help on this would be much appreciated I have been dealing with this issue for a while now Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Display suddenly begins flashing black several times, then blue screen appears

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-suddenly-begins-flashing-black-several-times-then-blue-screen-appears.839298/
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing! I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps! So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-reset-on-a-14-d004au/td-p/5714711
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I am frustrated I wanted to dual-boot Windows on my Windows Home Premium laptop and shrinked my Drive Hard Reset disk by about GB I went on to create a new volume as you can see in the screenshot below I actually re-installed Reset Hard Drive Windows and succesfully managed to do so but now when I boot the Windows installer I get to the quot select volume quot part and the only option I can choose is my Windows volume Windows II in the screenshot For every other volume all the options like formatting deleting and creating a new one are greyed out Trying to install on unallocated space also does not work Now I have almost given up I have got almost no space left on my active volume and can not increase it nor can I install a new operating system because it doesn't work any of the virtual volumes What I would like to do now is to either be able to extend my active volume or to reset the whole harddrive and to re-install Windows all over again Please help me sevenforums

A:Reset Hard Drive

Well, for starters your disk is dynamic - no good. If you want that many primary partitions, initialize it in GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367494-reset-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,I have recently smashed my screen so i am using a tv screen with a HDMI cable. I was doing a PowerPoint presentation and then it froze so I restarted my NoteBook but when I went to turn it back on the screen remained blank but it does turn on. I have tried hard reset on the notebook but I can't see it in the HDMI tv screen. And was wondering if there is a way to get everything back up and running again? Thank You.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HDMI Hard Reset.

Hello,Sorry just got everything sorted thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HDMI-Hard-Reset/td-p/5823200
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

If I make a hard reset to my phone, will be deleted also the content of the memory card?

A:Hard reset WM10

If you initiate from the settings menu you will be asked whether or not to erase the SD card. If you initiate using the key combination from a phone that will not start, I don't know what the default behavior is. I suggest you remove the card before using the key combination just to be safe.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438052-hard-reset-wm10.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there any way to disable a hard reset of a laptop (i.e. holding the power button down for five seconds)? Could one use C sharp or something like this to achieve this goal? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Disable Hard Reset

There's usually a setting in the BIOS to control this behavior. In XP and Vista you can adjust the settings for the Power button in the Control Panel...Power Options applet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157338/disable-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.86%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 43.86%

My -month-old laptop was running poorly so I backed up my data to an external drive and used the Settings menu to reset the computer to its original state including deleting all data files nbsp The reset hung up at for many minutes without change so I tried a hard reset per the instructions on hard to reset Unable the HP Support website nbsp I removed the battery held down the Power button for seconds to discharge the capacitors reinstalled the battery and hit the Power button nbsp I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner for a few seconds then the HP logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes dark nbsp This repeats endlessly nbsp No startup menu ever appears Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and repeating the hard reset instructions has no effect nbsp The startup seems to get caught in a never-ending loop nbsp I just want to reset the laptop to its original configuration Any suggestions nbsp nbsp

A:Unable to hard reset

There are other ways you could run Reset/Recovery:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-hard-reset/td-p/5826966
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down my laptop today and went shopping. When I came home, it wouldn't turn on. This has happened a couple of times before and I've tried giving it a hard reset. I tried turning it on without the battery and just the power cord and nothing. The light where the power cord goes in is on when it is plugged in. I tried everything and still won't start. My warranty for this laptop is gone and don't know what else to try. Please help!

A:Won't start. Tried hard reset and everything

Hi @krakaholyknight, Thank you for your query. I am happy to lend a helping hand. To confirm that I have the correct product, yours is a HP Stream Notebook-11-d007na? I understand that your notebook was working when you shut it down. When you tried turning it on again it would not start. This has occurred a couple of times before and a hard reset  resolved the issue. You tried removing the battery but that did not help. You do see a light on the power port when connected to AC power.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please let me know the outcome. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-start-Tried-hard-reset-and-everything/td-p/5760886
Relevancy 43.86%

After spending after boot reset. only hard will PC many hours perusing various threads on numerous sites I find myself no PC will only boot after hard reset. further on troubleshooting the following boot problem The PC will not boot from cold but will work perfectly after a hard reset Apologies in advance for this massive post but it will prevent exploring places I have explored already I built the following system for my son for Christmas ABIT NF V mb AMD PC will only boot after hard reset. Sempron Boxed with fan single stick mb Kingston DDR Memory ATI Radeon mb video card Sony DVD drive Single Western Digital WD JD rpm SATA gb HDD Zoom G-Wireless USB mbs card TV XP global TV tuner card PCI LG S TFT monitor W PSU with V on the V rail Windows XP home On first assembly everything booted up and worked fine The following day on a cold boot the system hung before during POST No single normal beep and fans were turning and both HDD and DVD drive lights came on The reset button did not have any effect A couple of hard power-offs did the trick - system booted into windows fine Again the following day on a cold start the system hung but I had a couple of different POST codes at different times Two tone siren short beeps repeating longer beep about sec long but did not self shut down just continued with the beeping until I switched the power off reset had no effect On investigating various web sites threads I decided on replacing the PSU two tone beeps out of limit voltage detection and on looking on ABIT TEQ the V rail was a bit unstable about - I also increased AGP and Vcore voltages by small amounts as recommended on the Abit Forum threads but no improvement I replaced the PSU with a Jeantech W unit Bet you can guess though New PSU did not help I have since done three clean installs of windows and formatted the HDD to try to eliminate virus driver snags Incidentally on the windows install the soft reboots initiated by windows setup resulted in single repeated beeps and system hangs Hard power off and reboot again enabled a normal boot back into windows Other threads suggest that the single repeating beep is not a terminal main board problem and I suspected the CMOS battery not enough juice to store the configuration hence the hanging on cold boot but changing it has not helped either I have also swapped RAM and graphics card ATI radeon XT from my other PC to eliminate those components as suspect Also tried running the RAM as rather than - Symptoms remained each time I then noticed that the DVD rom was not always recognised in the BIOS and so suspected an IDE channel failure After discussion with tech support people at ABIT I then RMAed the motherboard and replaced it for an ASUS K V X SE Since fitting the ASUS board the only remaining problem is that the PC will still not boot first time from cold You have to do a hard reset and then it boots fine and runs very well into windows I have now been investigating threads about the WD JD hard drive and its compatibility with the VT R chipset I have jumpered the HDD to lock at mb s Have also swapped in a different DVD drive but no change I am left with thinking that this is a BIOS setting issue or a SATA IDE conflict or BOOT issue I have tried play with boot order and the RAID screen but there appears to be nothing to change there I have also flashed the BIOS to from the ASUS web site I have checked for motherboard shorts seems clear I am also thinking of getting an EIDE HDD just to see if this is the problem but can t see why SATA shouldn t run with IDE on the same board So far I have Changed PSU twice Changed the mainboard Swapped in RAM Swapped in Graphics Card Changed GPU fan supply source Changed CMOS battery Changed voltages in the bios at the advice of the tech support man in UK Run various software based hardware checks eg PC Check and memtest which have all passed Sorry bout the war and peace but having read many threads it seems to pay to be thorough I really am starting struggle... Read more

A:PC will only boot after hard reset.

Wow, sounds like you've essentially swapped in a brand new computer.

You didn't put jumpers on the hard drive, did you? I've heard of that messing up SATA drives. Poke around the BIOS and mess with the drive settings, including raid configs that might not exist. it definately sounds like a BIOS problem related to your hard drive.

That does seem like a royal pain though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-only-boot-after-hard-reset.68670/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I've a great problem. I've activated HP Drive Encryption with no fingerprint access and my tablet dowsn't recognize my password. I can't login and I don't know how to enter in the BIOS. How can I do a hard reset?Thanks!

A:Hard Reset on HP Elite X2

Hard reset documenthttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  You will need to contact HP directly for your issue. See the following web document for contact options.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Hard-Reset-on-HP-Elite-X2/td-p/5540680
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an old external hard drive which I plugged into my USB for the first time last night and it was recognized by my computer and was full of files my friend put on USB suddenly not hard recognized drive it for me USB hard drive suddenly not recognized Today I plugged it in and the computer can t find it Well the disk manager recognizes it as apparently empty and no format is listed - it had been formatted NTSF but when I click on Drive E from My Computer it s not there nor does my Defrag window list it as it did yesterday This is what happened in between it working and not While it was plugged in I copied some files from it to my hard drive I downloaded the k-lite codec pack to my internal hard drive Then downloaded the USB Safely Remove utility to my internal drive because I couldn t get permission from my computer to unplug the external drive The utility indicated that Windows Explorer had locked the drive I think it stopped Explorer then said the drive had stopped so I unplugged it Explorer does show back up in my Task Manager today Today while the drive was not plugged in I downloaded Nero from disk That s all I did except for browsing my online email Then I plugged in the drive I tried it twice Once I plugged in the USB first then plugged in the power to the drive After it wasn t recognized except by the safe remove utility I safely removed it according to the utility then plugged it in again but forgot to first unplug the power so it was on when I plugged it in The second time the computer s own safe remove icon flashed little messages that there was new hardware plugged in but it did not do that the first time This is all happening on a Windows XP SP laptop The safe remove utility says the USB drive is an IBM-IC followed by a long number If anyone has a clue what I should do please explain it simply step by step since I m not very literate in tech lingo and learning as I go Thanx nbsp

A:USB hard drive suddenly not recognized

Update: I think I've figured out that the disk somehow got un-formatted... It does show up as drive E, but without any information about the drive, no format listed (my internal is listed as NTSF), and when I tried to copy something to it, it can't access it. Since it's the disk space I most urgently need, and I can get the data on it again from my friend he put it there in the first place, I gave up on the date and tried to re-format the drive, but the Logical Disk Manager says "format not completed successfully" or something to that effect. It also indicates that the drive is supposedly "healthy".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-hard-drive-suddenly-not-recognized.782085/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with I m using XP media edition with all upadates and have hard drives in my system One hard drive is partioned into C and F with C being the system drive The other drive is labeled G Suddenly G drive can t be accessed When I go into the computer management a doesn't see hard drive suddenly XP then disk management it shows the drives C F and G It says that all are healthy but it doesn t show a file system for G nor does it say that it is active When I try to open the drive I get told it s not formatted and asked if I want to format it Which I don t XP suddenly doesn't see a hard drive because my back-ups aren t as current as they should be I tried System Restore and was told that it couldn t restore the system because it couldn t find G drive Does anyone have any ideas Thank you Ron nbsp

A:XP suddenly doesn't see a hard drive

I don't know if this will work since you've tried a system restore or not but hti F8 at boot up and select last known good. This may bring the drive back to life. Otherwise you'll have to use a date recovery program to get what data off the drive you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-suddenly-doesnt-see-a-hard-drive.822390/
Relevancy 43.86%

I've had this problem many times before...as of yesterday or so, I had over a gig free on my C drive, and just now I got a low disk space warning, with only 170 mb left. How is this possible? I did just upgrade to Service Pack 2, but I don't think that's it, cuz this has happened before. It's as if almost a gig of stuff was dumped on my drive. Are there any folders I can go through to search for temp files that may have been just added. And I just did a spyware check, there was only a couple to delete, so I don't think it's that either.

Relevancy 43.86%

For the last years I format won't Two hard drives suddenly had been using quot removable hard drives for my partial daily backup When I last switched drives with one in the safe Windows said it couldn't format it but Two hard drives suddenly won't format going in computer management I was able to delete the volume and then I can format it Today as I switched disks again the same thing happened Why is Windows suddenly unable to format hard drives I highly doubt both drives failed at the same time especially since they work fine after deleting the volume and formatting I do have a rd backup disk I haven't yet tried formatting Why can I no longer format hard drives I doubt it's an issue with the drives Two hard drives suddenly won't format themselves as it's too much of a coincidence This won't be much of an issue as the first time I got the error I started looking at returning to a tape drive which I have since bought and installed but I'm still in the process of testing different backup programs to find which I prefer so I'm still doing backups to hard drives until I've decided Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/two-hard-drives-suddenly-wont-format-1111153.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey Tech Support Forums,

Recently found out that my C Drive is very, very full. Got a few messages telling me that the drive needs more space to be efficient.

On a 108 GB hard drive, 107 GB are currently being used, with 751 MB left free.

No idea what programs/files could be taking up that space.

Have not deleted anything, simply because I am pretty lost when it comes to this type of stuff.

Running Windows XP with Service Pack 3. Everything runs fine, its just pretty slow, and I'm sure getting rid of whatever is taking up all this space will make it run smoother.

Any advice identifying what is taking up the space, and then getting rid of it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

A:Hard Drive Suddenly Full

Get your self a external USB HDD. Move your Pictures, Music, Movies and important files from the C: drive to the new external drive (usually located in the My Documents folder). Make sure they are no longer on the C: drive. Download CCleaner, delete temp files run Registry cleaner too. Defrag computer. Right click the C: drive in My Computer/Properties and see how much space you have gained.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-suddenly-full-410509.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Started copying at 138MB/s and now wont copy ANY file anymore more then 2MB/s.
Im analysing defragmentation software now, and while my 2 partitions and 1tb external drives were done in mere seconds, my problematic slow 2,5tb drive is taking 5 minutes already now to analyse.

Best part is that the analyse is on half way and says not a SINGLE block is fragmented.

What can be done?

A:Hard Drive suddenly slow

I would start by running chkdsk and seeing whether it reports any errors.
Here is a guide:
Disk Check

On a big drive like yours, this could take quite a while.

Edit: Removed link to external website - replaced with sevenforums guide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378751-hard-drive-suddenly-slow.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Today I started setting up a new computer for a friend of mine Everything worked properly so far the new machine is in perfect working order However I have to transfer files from his old computer a Pentium II MHz with a -Gb hard drive the boot drive primary master name it HD and a more recent -Gb one primary slave name it HD This computer was still working properly as of yesterday He just unplugged the whole system I took both computers home and I restored all connections The old not drive detectable suddenly Hard computer does not start properly anymore After spending the afternoon trying to get it to work again I could figure out that the computer and HD are still working properly It is HD that became undetectable by the BIOS In brief I performed the following tests - I tried another IDE cable but this did not change anything - I disconnected the IDE connector from HD and restarted the computer As a result everything works properly if I take into account the absence of any operating system on HD In particular it boots correctly with a floppy disk or a CD and I can view the contents of HD - I tried to change the HD configuration from master to slave then back to master but it still does not work I also tested it as secondary master but it is still hopeless - I did dozens of tests in the BIOS configuration including the hard drive auto-detect feature Whenever HD is not connected everything is correctly detected including HD When I reconnect HD it prevents the BIOS from Hard drive suddenly not detectable detecting HD However this has no impact on the CD drive which is connected as secondary master and works properly Does someone have any idea of what could be wrong or is it just a case of sheer bad luck Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

A customer's XPP machine suddenly won't boot either regularly Last Good or Safe mode I took full hard Bug? XP drive suddenly up. out the drive and installed it as a passenger in another machine I ran a virus check which came up clean but Tree Size revealed that there's only mb free space left on this gb drive This is curious as XP hard drive suddenly full up. Bug? the elderly customer only does a bit of bookwork and some emailing and the last time I looked his usage wouldn't have been over or gb total A closer look at Tree Size reveals that the usage breaks down to gb in bits and pieces gb in program files gb in Windows and the rest gb is in the System Volume Information folder This seems real strange and I'm wondering if a bug is responsible Does anyone know what might have occurred here Or how it can be fixed I guess I could try and empty the System Volume Information folder but I don't know if this would be wise TX

A:XP hard drive suddenly full up. Bug?

I'm not sure if this is related to security more than it is related to Windows XP itself. So I will move this to the XP category for now. See if anyone can help you there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-hard-drive-suddenly-full-up-bug-41285.html