Windows Support Forum

User Profile Service failed the logon

Q: User Profile Service failed the logon

Hello,
I have problem to access my account (Admin). There are two accounts on the computer: mine (Admin), and son’s (user). A few days ago I uninstalled several programs, and after reboot – I can not access my Admin account. Password is OK, I know it, but after systems boots up, and I try to log in – I have an error message saying: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded.
I can log into other (user) account, since there is no password on it. I can see all the files from Admin account, and can copy SOME of them, but not all. The main problem are email files, that system does not let me copy, for some reason.
So, where do I go from here:
- Can I recover my old Admin account?
- If not recovered, can I make new Admin account and transfer the files? How about emails?
Please help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: User Profile Service failed the logon

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: User Profile Service failed the logon

Hello Shapoodle, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this error to be able to log in to your accounts again afterwards.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286360-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 93.31%

when i switch on the lenovo laptop win 7 the user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded what to do how to solv the problem ican,t login to laptop

A:user profile service service failed the logon user profile canot be loaded

I receive error message: The user profile service failed the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-canot-be-loaded-572201.html
Relevancy 91.76%

my computer is password protected. i only have one user account on it. how can i fix this without losing anything on my laptop?

A:vista-the user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded

Just a thought, did you password the default administrator account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533684/vista-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 91.76%

It is an HP computer that my brother brought over because it wouldn t boot It was giving me a quot bootmgr is compressed quot message So I got my Vista repair disc and uncompressed his drive That got rid of that message but then it was giving me winload exe errors So I fixed that and FINALLY it booted up but when I clicked on his user account to log on I get this error message I have searched for answers I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles a loaded" profile cannot the service Getting message be logon. "user profile user failed section but there isn t an extra one I can boot into safe mode but I get no administrative tools no ability to see the event viewer or manage users idk if this is normal I did a command I found to make the default administrator account active or something like that and now when it boots up there is his user account Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message and an admin user If I click his user to log on I get the error message If I click the admin account it loads but it loads telling me the Vista copy is not genuine Anyone have any idea how to fix this Why is the admin account telling me Vista is not genuine Thank you

A:Getting a "user profile service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" message

I came across a fix where you edit the registry if there is a duplicate entry in the profiles section but there isn't an extra oneExtra one? you mean the .bak key?Did you follow this guide?http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466518/getting-a-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-message/
Relevancy 91.76%

Hello

When I tried to log on to administrator account on vista laptop this morning I got the following error massage "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I did some research and found a potential solution: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

However the problem is that the solution needs a working administrartor account and the only account I'm able to log in is a standard one with no power to change account type or boot into admin safe mode/ do a command prompt whatsoever.

Would anyone happen to have an alternative solution that doesn't require an admin account to fix this?

A:Vista - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Was able to log on in safe mode and follow the registry edit procedure. Thanks anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281202-vista-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I'm receiving the following error message and cannot get into my pc. Please help!!
User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

A:User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

is it the only login account u have in your pc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1115181/
Relevancy 90.83%

I got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago and it has worked fine. But now whenever I try to enter my password to log in the message "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." comes up and pressing OK just takes me back to the log on screen. The profile is the SysAdmin and is the only profile on the computer.

Also, when I press F8 at start up there is no option for safe mode or anything - instead the window reads "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause..." and my only option is to launch startup repair (or start windows normally). Running this repair runs the system restore although after finishing the system restore the problem is still there.

Thanks, Quaidheizer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-449140.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Originally Posted by Th3KaNgSt3R

I have a very bad problem with my PC. It started yesterday and the vista system repair came up and scanned my computer. When it finished I clicked finish and my PC restarted then it did it again..and again...and again.
Then I went into safe mode and virus scanned everything but came up with nothing. So I restarted my PC and it said The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. So I clicked ok then my user account came up somehow. I clicked it and it took me to desktop except that half of my programs were gone and like nothing worked, all my documents, downloads, pictures were all gone. I can't do anything on that computer, can anyone help please??(I have googled it but none of the solutions work so I want to find an answer specific to my problem)

Do you have a backup to restore from? have you run system file checker (sfc /scannow)? could you tell us about your system by putting your system specs (lower left corner) so that we know what kind of hardware you have

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244550-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.83%

quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot Is the error message i get when i try to log in to either my admin user or the one other account on the computer As the problem is happening with both accounts i have no way to access the computer in order to fix the problem in the ways so many people have done I was reading something about a way to enable the quot Hidden Built-In Administrator Account quot via a control prompt which i might be able to use to log in and fix the service Service be logon. The loaded Profile User cannot the User failed profile problems im having but i dont know how to bring up a control prompt window without loging into one of the accounts which The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded i cannot log into Essentually im trying to find a way of gaining access to my computer again without wiping the files on it The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded it would be a pitty to lose all the information on the computer if i dont have to - so im hoping someone might be able to walk me through the fixing process i need to undertake if it is possible to solve these problems without wiping everything and starting from scratch on a blank computer Any help would be greatly appreciated as i cant find anything on this specific issue most people seem to be able to log into at least one user still but i cannot use any of the users on my computer its driving me nuts having to borrow other peoples laptops etc in the meantime so again any help would be muchly appreciated Thanks

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello Yeti, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to fix this error. The STEP ONE section will help show you how to boot into the built-in Administrator account through Safe Mode.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293075-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hello everyone I need your help as I cannot access my admin user profile failed logon. loade cannot the User service Service be Profile "The User I have windows and I have the current situation I am able to start my pc and reach the place where I can see my users' account but I can login only to one of them To the others I had the message on the title The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I had read this topic and "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade so I will write down here the content of the frst txt ask me any missing information Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-RRT B I on - - Running from G Platform Windows Professional X OS Language Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade mode to create a "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run AVG TRAY gt C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM Run SweetIM gt C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe - - SweetIM Technologies Ltd HKLM Run Browser companion helper gt C Program Files BrowserCompanion BCHelper exe - - Blabbers Communications LTD HKLM Run vProt gt C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe - - HKLM Run eTMonitor gt C Program Files Aladdin eToken PKIClient x PKIMonitor exe - - Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd HKLM Run EEventManager gt C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU Dimitra Run Facebook Update gt C Users Dimitra AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe - - Facebook Inc HKU nikos Run msnmsgr gt C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU nikos Run Facebook Update gt C Users nikos AppData Local Facebook Update FacebookUpdate exe - - Facebook Inc HKU nikos Run Skype gt C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe - - Skype Technologies S A HKU nikos Run Brother DCP- C gt C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X E FATIHLE EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION HKU UpdatusUser Run AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE TB gt C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE TB exe - - AVG Secure Search HKU UpdatusUser Run AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE HP gt C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG-Secure-Search-Update JUNE HP exe - - AVG Secure Search Startup C Users nikos AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup tbhcn lnk ShortcutTarget tbhcn lnk - gt No File BootExecute autocheck autochk C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe sync restart Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S ABBYY Licensing FineReader Sprint C Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe - - ABBYY S AVGIDSAgent C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S avgwd C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S c cautoupdatesvc C Program Files Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe - - Microsoft Corporation S c cpnrsvc C Program Files Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe - - Microsoft Corporation S EPSON EB RPCV C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S ST EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION S EPSON PM RPCV C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORA... Read more

A:"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loade

Lets check the disk's configuration.

Please download  Listparts to a flash drive.
 Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

From an Off position in the computer, enter the System Recovery Options.
 To enter the System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Click on  Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt
In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\ListParts.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\ListParts64.exe)  and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Put check mark on List BCD.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (Result.txt) in the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549736/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loade/
Relevancy 90.83%

Im completely rubbish with computers.so would really appreciate some help.

I have a dell laptop which uses windows vista and everytime i try to log on to my account this message appaears.

"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Does anyone know how to fix this???

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Hi,

It is possible to fix, however it is slightly tricky. If you have trouble completing any of the following steps feel free to ask for more info.

First, are you able to log in to another administrator account on the affected computer? OR are you able to log in to the affected account and create a new administrator account?

If not then ignore the rest of this post.

If so then follow these steps; at each step make sure you read and understand the entire step:

Go to Control Panel and search for Create a Restore point, open the link and click on the Create button down the bottom right of the window

Follow the instructions to create a restore point.

NOTE: This fix WILL delete EVERYTHING on your Desktop and in your Documents folders. Make sure you back the contents up:
Go to the Hard Drive on your computer that has the most free space and create a new folder called Backup.

Then go to C:\Users\yourname and copy everything into the Backup folder you just created. Check that you can access your documents from the backup folder successfully.

All backed up? Good, now you have to delete your old profile and create a new one:

1. Delete the profile by using the Computer Properties dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:a. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties (on the right hand side of the window).
b. Click Change settings.
c. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
d. Under User Profiles, click Settings.
e. In the User Profiles dialog box, select the profile that you want to delete, click Delete, and then click OK. 2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start search box, and then press ENTER.

3. Locate and then expand the following registry subkey (using the folder icons in the left toolpane): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

4. Right-click the SID that you want to remove (the one you want to remove is the longest one, eg: S-1-5-21-7623811015-3361044348-030300820-1013) and then click Delete. DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE SHORTER SID'S. If there are 2 long SID's then left-click on them and the value for ProfileImagePath in the right side of the window should tell you which SID has the user with the broken profile associated.

5. Log on to the computer and create a new profile.
THEN copy everything back from the Backup folder to C:\Users\New Profile Name

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-473450.html
Relevancy 90.52%

Hi After experiencing some blue screens graphics driver related I reverted back to and this morning decided to give the card a good clean This is my main PC which has Windows Home Premium Q GTX Somehow I managed to corrupt my user profile and received the User Profile Service failed the logon message Following the advice to boot in using Safe Mode showed only my profile with no access to the registry editor or command line I then rebooted in safe mode with command line and enabled the built in administrator account The next reboot into safe mode showed my account and other Since mine is the only account that I have set up and I am not able to create a new account the Control Panel user account options do not work I The Service profile mode, failed User Profile Safe only my logon. the have no idea what to do next I The User Profile Service failed the logon. Safe mode, only my profile would prefer not to have to perform a fresh install so any help would be gratefully received John

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. Safe mode, only my profile

Logon as built-in "administrator" account in safe mode. Works?
Logon as built-in "administrator" account in normal mode. Works?

If working.... create a new fresh admin account.

Post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316786-user-profile-service-failed-logon-safe-mode-only-my-profile.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Please help! I am trying to logon to my computer and am getting The User Profile Service failed the logon message for both my Lucy and Lucy Administrator profiles. I have looked on here to find a solution and have tried to do a system restore but it tells me that there are no settings to restore to ?? Most other messages just dont make sense as Im not great at dealing with computers when they go wrong! I would be really grateful if anyone knows how I can sort this out. The only thing I can do is log into Safe Mode and I have no idea where to go from here!
Thanks

A:Vista logon issue - The User Profile Service failed the logon ???

Hi Lucy

The following tutorial will give you instructions on how to fix this - The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277998-vista-logon-issue-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Hi, I have this on login attempt

It then logs off and directs me back to same screen.

As I stupidly only have one account I have no access to play with any windows options!!!

Please he lp
Just turned on other PC on home network and was able to access the shared folders on problem pc.

Is there any way to correct without a clean install?

Thank You

SOLVED....... Big apologies to all staff at TSG.. I didn't search enough posts.

But I found this and followed exactly. Don't know if it was for Vista, but workedlike a charm on Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/787436-solved-user-profile-service-has.html
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-but-only-one-logon-account.927771/
Relevancy 90.21%

I had the following error:

I googled how to fix it. I now can't get to my photos from my other user account. How can I get to them so I can burn them on a DVD and clear up some of my hard drive? I can still see they are there in my Picasa program just can't get to them on desktop now.

Thanks,
Nici

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Use an admin account, go to the account's picture folder you had before, and answer yes if it asks if it should modify security. ( haven't done this in a while so I can't remember the exact wording )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139421/
Relevancy 90.21%

I recently tried working with my Sony VAIO Desktop I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and ever since I did this I have had a few problems keyboard would disable after the W OS Loaded etc I have been working to remedy this problem and others by Profile Profile loaded the failed be Cannot User Logon- User Service cleaning up the hard drive registry memory etc using AVG Antivirus which I recently installed and its family of products updating drivers to Video Controller and Storage Controller which AVG User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded alerted I needed to update in Device Manager I attempted to update the drivers to the two controllers mentioned above and as windows started to search the internet for solutions after - hours I did not get a response and my screen OS became unresponsive so I had to do a cold boot powered off for cycles - standard I rebooted my system this morning to find that once I logged on User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded I got - quot User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded quot press Ok and it sent me back to the Windows SP logon screen again looping Please provide any knowledge on what to do to remedy this issue Thanks in advance User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded Daveq

A:User Profile Service failed the Logon- User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello Daveq, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below should be able to help with this error.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379244-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to be User The Service the failed Profile cannot profile loaded User logon. that name Only the main account is accessible All new accounts I create with my account will give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account's folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable to copy files from my main account to the new but inaccessible account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I've been following The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded these instructions from Microsoft Error message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList Apparently there should be two folders with S- - that is followed by a long set of numbers but there is only one It seems that there isn't even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts So that method to resolve this problem doesn't work for me I am running Windows Vista

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Did you try the other 2 methods from that webpage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded-609185.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Im trying to create a new user account on my computer but every time i do that Im unable to login to that name Only the administrator account is accessible All new accounts createdwill give me this message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot This applies to the guest account as well If this helps when you go to C Users only the main account s folder and a folder called quot Public quot is present Im pretty sure it should have showed the folder of the newly created account Because of this im unable Profile logon. The the failed loaded cannot User profile be Service User to copy files from my main account to the new account as the folder for it does not exist This is frustrating as im trying to create an account for my brother with parental controls But we cant even access it without it saying that the user profile cannot be loaded How can I fix this I ve been following these instructions from Microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded http support microsoft The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded com kb I went to the registry editor and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList It seems that there isn t even any folder associated with the new account I was only able to find a folder associated with the main account But none for the new accounts

Back to the beginning...what steps did you actually take...to create a new profile?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425494/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 90.21%

Hi Recently i have had a few users in our domain unable to logon due to this error To fix the issue nbsp i have been deleting their local profile and then logging back on so they pick up the mandatory profile stored on the server and everything then works fine Server is running server r and workstations are running windows pro nbsp I have just noticed the below error in the event logs on a few of the affected machines Windows cannot copy file C Users lnyberg AppData Local Temp jds tmp to location UNC CM-DC NOCSC Profiles StaffNew V AppData Local Temp jds tmp This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights Profile logon. loaded. Service User profile be User failed the cannot The nbsp DETAIL - Access is denied Is this what could be nbsp causing nbsp the issue with nbsp logging nbsp on I am a bit confused as to why it would be trying to copy a temp file back to the mandatory profile The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. on the server Any ideas would be great Thanks Shane

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/327332a7-1c13-4cae-ae8b-3a48088d621b/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 90.21%

Hi, at windows start i get the message "The User Profile Service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded". There was no known activity last time system was up and running and it was shut down normal.

The desctop(HP) was delivered some years ago with V7 installed, ONE personal userID with admin auth. was created. Then a System repair disc was created.

What is the safest and simplest way(if any) to fix this problem and maintain the user data?(I did see support strings about this problem but they seem very complicated and confusing to me)

1. Shoud I restart system some functional key to get into safe mode or use the System repair disc and then what option?

2. Should I then logon to the default accountID(not known to me), and restore system to older backup point or shoud I try to repair the personal UserId?

Please advice

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be load

Hej Stene, v?lkommen till Seven Forums .

See this tutorial for fix: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334619-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 90.21%

lately when i try to turn on the Guest user ( its my first time to turn on it)
then when i try to log on using guest i encounter a error message?
the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded , i already try to make another user but the message or error is still appearing ,

but my main user is working im just worried about this and i already try some solution here but its not working

im using Windows 7 , thank you in advance !

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon User Profile Cannot be loaded

Hello John,

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you. User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
If not, then I'd recommend to turn off the Guest account, delete any 501 key below found for the C:\Users\Guest account at the same registry location in the tutorial above, delete the C:\Users\Guest folder, and restart the computer. This will give you a fresh start with the Guest account as if you never turned it on.

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501

or

S-1-5-21-4087885203-1817915059-2930943868-501.bak

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223305-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.21%

I've searched for about a week now and have not found a solution. I followed the suggestions about the corrupt Profile and the .BAK SID, but neither are my situation.

My SID is fine - I did manage to find a temporary fix. If I delete and recreate the user in Active Directory on the server it fixes the problem. The problem is, I have 300 computers and every morning there are at least 10 - 15 users I must do this to. Not an ideal solution.

We bypassed Vista, so we had no idea that this Microsoft bug existed until last week.

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

Check this article from Microsoft run the Fixit and see if that help Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103765-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Hello I am new here I know absolutely nothing about computers so I wasn t even sure where I should post this cannot the failed Service loaded. profile logon. User User be Profile thread Please help I am desperate Here I will explain what the issue is AND what I tried nbsp to do to fix it But I failed Recently I ve had issues with my computer randomly opening a lot of windows on it s own Yesterday I was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. away and my computer was on and when I came back I saw about new tabs opened and all almost my computer icons seemed to have disappeared I assumed it was just some computer mistake because no way everything go deleted on its own So I restarted it When I restarted it I got the message from the title- quot User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be found quot I don t wanna take User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. it to a quot professional quot to get it fixed because I don t trust any people here in my city- whenever I did that they deleted ALL my files And I have some EXTREMELY important files in this computer that I wish I had saved on USB but I haven t so I definitely can t lose them I just never thought anything will go wrong with this computer as it worked pretty much perfectly So anyway I decided to try to fix it on my own despite that I admittedly know nothing about computers I read that this issue is fairly easy to fix So I found tutorials and forums where people say you should press f and it will take you to quot safe boot quot mode I did this and the first times nothing happened- and third time something did happen but NOT what they said I got options with numbers and letters and third option saying quot enter setup quot Obviously this was Chinese to me but I knew it s not supposed to be that way I saw some people had the similar issue and someone suggested that I press ESC so I did The next thing that happened was that it opened quot ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced mode quot and it had parts- Main Al Tweaker Advanced Monitor Boot Tool All I knew was that from what I read I was supposed to activate quot safe boot quot in order to access computer properly but when I clicked under quot Boot quot I didn t see safe or secure mode anywhere I don t know what to do Please help as I m seriously desperate I will gladly tell you any further info and detail about anything else that I can see on my computer under any of these options I just really need this fixed and I d really appreciate it if anyone was patient enough to tell me what to do step by step Thank you so much in advance

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

You can try to fix with Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up.It may take two or three tries to start the safe mode.Continue with Safe mode and user the Administrator login.Are you able to get into the computer with Safe mode as the Administrator? **** In this context administrator is the name of a hidden account used in safe mode. Normally you would not have to use this account. It can be used to repair or create user accounts.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158181.0.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Hey Guys so this happened to my laptop the other day and I have only got round to fixing it now, I tried a few options like editing the .bak files etc with no luck so I recovered what I could and just deleted the user profile an that seemed to of fixed the issue.

I was just wondering if their is anyway to delete the data off the old user user profile without having to format the hard drive. As its still taking up space on my hard drive even though the profile is deleted.

Many thanks in advance

Damian

Hello Damian, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Since you have already deleted the user account through the Control Panel, you should be able to just delete C:\Users\(user-name) folder for the old user account while logged in the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293696-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.21%

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Most likely it is loading a temporary profile.

First try a system restore to see if can recover the user profile.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

If system restore fails to load while in windows or you get errors, try it from the recovery environment http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html
Here is another solution to try if SR fails to work for you, it shows you how to create a new user account, then log into the new account and copy your old profile over to the new account. This article is for XP but the process is the same for Vista. See "Moving to a new user profile"

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.856413/
Relevancy 90.21%

I have literally tried every solution found online and NOTHING seems to work nbsp Our environment Windows server domain controller Windows Pro x bit PC's nbsp Trying to login as a domain user and get the error quot User Profile Service failed the logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded quot nbsp I can only login with the domain Administrator Service User the profile cannot User Profile be loaded. failed logon. account or the local administrator account nbsp We are NOT using Roaming profiles nbsp The application event logs do have event error and event warning see screenshot below What I have tried Microsoft FixIT Tried editing the SID's out of the registry manually per KB http support microsoft com kb Deleted all domain user profiles from machine Removed PC from domain and rejoined Deleted user account from Active Directory and recreated Verified GPO was not configured to quot allow users to logon with temporary profiles quot SFC scannow Fresh install of Windows Pro Live Essentials nbsp was User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. never nbsp installed some forums referred to the sqm file fron event ID possible relating to an issue with Live Essentials Google update was never installed nbsp remember seeing it referred to in a forum as well nbsp I am now out of ideas nbsp This has been an ongoing issue for about a month and I am finally admitting defeat nbsp This is my last effort to get help before breaking down and paying the to Microsoft to help resolve it PLEASE HELP Thanks Phillip

A:User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Phillip,

I would like to verify whether the issue only occurs on special Windows 7 computer or on all Windows 7 computers.

I suggest checking the permission of the user profile folders and Default folder. Make sure the users has full control of their profile folders.

Meanwhile, ensure the users are the owner of the C:\Users\theirname\NTUSER.dat. Also, please put NTUSER.dat in the security software exclusion
list for testing.

Please also post in Server Forum to get more assistance.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversetup/threads

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd6f6995-a683-49de-af35-329a09b4a6f1/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 90.21%

I have a Dell laptop that has Windows Vista. Received the below message after I typed in my password for the adminstrator account

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I went into Safe Mode and was able to get to the desktop of the laptop. I attempted to go to administrative tools to try and add a new user account but I don't see an option for that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nancy

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Here is the Microsoft support article for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded.1139197/
Relevancy 90.21%

i encounter this problem when i try to login my account which is under a domain User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Will the OU in ad will affected this problem Firstly this machine hostname have the cannot loaded service be logon profile User User profile failed not move to Finance OU But i can login my own account my account has move to Finance OU I try my colleague login User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded id as well His user account was also in the Finance OU but he cannot login he get the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded This is cause by OU or is it the windows issue User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded i have try to rejoin the domain same problem This is a new machine so i believe the registry fix on the profile list does not help at all i User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded try to copy the default folder under user to my usb and then transfer to the new pc same problem as well anyone have any solution to it

A:User profile service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded

You'd need to ask your IT Adminstrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351792-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html
Relevancy 90.21%

Hey all 

Long time user of bleeping computer - gonna jump on in and join the fun and games!

Anyway I work in a small local computer repair shop and recently we had LOADS of Vista and Windows 7 machines with the error

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

We can repair the fault changing the profile from temporary profile path and swapped the .bak extension in registry. 

But what the hell is causing it? We have had two machine back in within two weeks of initial repair. We figured windows update at first but its not a given. 

cheers!

A:"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Have you read this Microsoft Support article?

There are similar articles for Vista and XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511054/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 90.21%

Hi

On my daughters W7 x86 PC the above message is happening when she tries to logon, the PC was set up with two users, I do noyt know if the other user can logon as she is away and we do not know the password.

What can I do to fix this error, all the fixes I can find require the user to logon, which is not happening.

Any ideas on how I can proceed.

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help with fixing this error. The "In Preparation" section at the top will help to get logged into an administrator account to be able to do the rest of the tutorial. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310351-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-load.html
Relevancy 90.21%

windows 7 will not let me log on to my administrator account.  this is my son"s computer. could he have downloaded something that is causing this?  how do i fix it? thanks!

A:the user profile service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded

i was able to resolve the problem.  system restore in safe moce,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506576/the-user-profile-service-failed-to-logon-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 89.28%

I have two computers my desktop which I am on right now and a User to received when profile I the The Today Service service cannot logon to attempted be faileld my laptop loaded. msg: I Profile User Logon. HP laptop with Windows Home Professional I have two accounts set up on it nbsp One in my name and Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I am Admin and one in my son's name with just basic user priviledges Today when I attempted to logon to my laptop I received msg: The User Profile Service service faileld the Logon. User profile cannot be loaded. nbsp Yesterday I had been signed on the laptop under my profile and switched users to his account nbsp Last night when we logged off I logged him off first Then attempted to log me off when the message came up quot another user is connected quot nbsp Today when I tried to log in as myself I received quot The User Profile Service service failed the Logon nbsp User profile cannot be loaded I can't get in to restore because my Admin password my login failed nbsp I tried coming up in safe mode but still can't get past the admin password nbsp How do I fix this nbsp The way it stands now I can't do anything other than surf nbsp Can't add programs can't uninstall etc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad0180d8-821f-4c8f-af79-29fefe3a8894/today-when-i-attempted-to-logon-to-my-laptop-i-received-msg-the-user-profile-service-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 88.35%

When turning on Lap Top the following message appear when trying to enter password
"The User Profile Service service failed the logon."
"User profile cannot be loaded"

A:Re: Satellite C660-242 - "The User Profile Service service failed the logon"

Hi

Check at first Microsoft document about this issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215 and post some feedback.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73162-Re-Satellite-C660-242-The-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon
Relevancy 88.35%

greetings friends I ve had my laptop Administrator service Profile logon User windows failed 7 Service to for around months with scarcely any problems Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine I did no changes nor any downloads Today I tried to log onto my User Account which is the Admin User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice out of nowhere When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc it allowed me to with no problems When I try User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator to configure the Administrative or Account settings User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator after typing my password no action takes place When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows it doesn t allow me due to the need for the Admin password which I type and no action takes place as well I tried Safe Command mode and net user administrator active no to deactivate my Admin password Didn t work I have several files in my account I need for school work etc I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem no luck When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared no luck Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do nbsp

A:User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Tap F8 when you turn the PC on or restart; when you get the Windows boot menu there should be some recovery options, I think near the bottom of the page. Try a System Restore to the most recent date prior to this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-service-failed-to-logon-windows-7-administrator.946195/
Relevancy 88.35%

I have a Vista laptop and am having some major trouble.
I received the 'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded'. Its been like this for about a month and I have forgotten the laptop password (I have always used a fingerprint scanner so I forgot my password.)
My questions now are how I do repair the computer and also restore the password?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated as I am totally stuck

A:'The User Profile Service service failed the logon' and forgotten password?????

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
try this it is a boot cd that allows to reset your password

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232599-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-forgotten-password.html
Relevancy 88.35%

greetings friends I've had my laptop for around months with scarcely any problems Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine I did no changes nor any downloads Today I tried Administrator 7 to User Profile logon service windows Service failed to log onto my User Account User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator which is the Admin and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice out of nowhere When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc it allowed me to with no problems When I try to configure the Administrative or Account settings after typing my password no action takes place When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows it doesn't allow me due to the need for the Admin password which I type and no action takes place as well I tried Safe Command mode and net user administrator active no to deactivate my Admin password Didn't work I have several files in my account I need for school work etc I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem no luck When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared no luck Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do Please help

A:User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Hi -

Please see this KB from Microsoft --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-to-logon-windows-7-administrator-509705.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I have four user accounts. none will log on. the message is the same for all "the user profile service service failed the logon" "the server endpoint cannot perform the operation" Googling the message yielded no relevant results and results full of spammy results

A:Unable to log onto windows - the user profile service service failed the logon"

Well...those two errors are somewhat different.

The user profile service error is common, IMO, while the server endpoint error seems related to networking.

Are you trying to logon to a domain?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541474/unable-to-log-onto-windows-the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 88.04%

hello I have upgraded vista to win home premium everything was going great until the network card stopped working i used talktalk quot talk and go quot to reset the adaptor then the computer re-set and shut down i restarted but it wouldn't get to the log on page before shutting down I borrowed a laptop and found a thread to turn failed the logon. Profile "The Use User service Service back the clock to vista with some command prompts but this didn't work To compound things i then saw open in previous good something and the log on screen appeared - i thought YES but NO typed in my password quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loeaded "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. Use quot it appears that i have deleted my account i have looked at other threads of this nature and have been directed to a vista tutorial - however it staes that you must be logged on as an administrator - i can't log on i've tried opening the command prompt and turing on the in built administrator but i have to restart to get back to log on page which defeats the command prompt i have tried to re-install win but comp tells me i have started with disk in restart "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. Use then insert disk this does nothing i'm really really fed up at the mo i thought that win would be better than this any help to solve this would be great thanks

A:"The User Profile Service service failed the logon. Use

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

Have you enabled "Boot from CD" in your BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/31621-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-use.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Ive got an Acer 7250g and it was working fine until today.When i turn it on i get "User profile service failed the logon" i cant sign in or do anything-help please.

A:User profile service failed the logon

Welcome to Techspot
If you haven't already done so, this may be a grat place to start and get the 'feel' of this forum,
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html
The following link may help solve your login problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.133880/
Relevancy 88.04%

OK this is a long story and I should break it down into parts The first problem came out of the blue I got the following msg and was unable to get into my account The User Profile Service failed the logon I know that the account was corrupted but does anyone know why And importantly can I get back into that account if it is kaput I should mention that I have got Profile The the logon failed Service User into the computer using The User Profile Service failed the logon the administrator account but since I did that numerous other problems have occurred To name a few current problems I'm unable to download files Windows blocks then because they are a threat I can't open The User Profile Service failed the logon my downloaded photos I get error msg x a it appears that I'm in safe mode because the font has changed but I'm able to use the internet I opened my administrator account one day and everything appeared to be returned to its original factory condition but the files were there in one The User Profile Service failed the logon folder that I was unable to access I'm unable to upload files to websites and finally when I click on Add or Remove user accounts in Control Panel the link doesn't work What is going on here Am I infected

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619682/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi everyone!

So I've been trying to fix this problem for a few days now and have had no luck.

I am trying create a new local user on my laptop. Once I do, when I try to log in to it, I get the error "The User Profile Service Failed the Logon."

I've tried Microsoft's suggestion to fix this (Article ID: 947215) with no luck.
And I've tried another experts suggestion too, with no luck... He said I should change the RefCount Hex to 0.

Another thing I noticed is that the account I am trying to create, does not show up in RegEdit under the profile list in any ProfileImagePath.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am more than happy to post any screenshots you may need to see to help me with this issue.

Thank you guys!

A:The User Profile Service Failed the Logon

Windows hasn't had a chance to create the user profile in your users directory. On another user account, try running a program has another user and input the credentials of the user you created, I've had this error before and that fixed it.

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257310-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi there firstly - failed logon in log service Cant user profile the apologies for my lack of tech knowledge I will try and give as much information as possible Issue is with a Samsung Notebook from base of laptop I think the model is NP V C Running on Windows Home Premium OA Intel core i Laptop has always been set up to automatically log in without having Cant log in - user profile service failed the logon to type password Now Takes between - mins loading up the loggin page saying 'logging in' Says password is incorrect Cliches and fills the password bar with I assume characters these are longer than the password and I haven't typed anything in If I can manage to type in the password and click enter it says the error message 'user profile failed to logon' I have Cant log in - user profile service failed the logon googled the error message issue and followed a youtube tutorial to fix Restarted holding F page went a bit crazy and as if possessed scrolled through all options Again I wasn't pressing anything I eventually managed to select 'safe mode' This didn't start in safe mode Cant log in - user profile service failed the logon as tutorials suggest but took me back to login steps as above I have read suggestions about reinstalling the windows However I didn't get the disc when I bought the laptop from Comet I have thought it might have a virus It has the anti virus packages on it and when turned on I always run the checks It is a old laptop I think My partner owns a Mac and the laptop very rarely gets used Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated even if its to throw it

A:Cant log in - user profile service failed the logon

Did you try our tutorials?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369388-cant-log-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

My friend is trying to logon to his laptop (operating windows 7) and after typing in his password gets the message .... ' The User Profile Service service failed the logon.  User Profile cannot be loaded.'

There is only one user set up on the system and as the message appears to be a logical one i.e. his one and only user setup details cannot be found and so is unable to verify his password, my question is..... how can he reset or setup a new user as part of the login process?.   If he had another user then maybe he could have used that user to restore his user credentials.

A:User Profile service failed the logon

Try this:

Boot into Safe Mode. Do this by repeatedly tapping the F8 key as the computer is starting up.

Click on start, then in the search bar type regedit and hit enter.

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
There is one line for each profile. Under each you have these three selections.  Check them on the profile you want to work.
a.) That the key name doesn't end in ".bak" (remove .bak if there)
b.) That the RefCount value is 0 (change it if different)
c.) That the State value is 0 (change if different)

Once that is completed, create a secondary admin profile.  Although it may not be the best security practice, for a home computer it is critical in the event of admin account failure (as Vista and Win7 are multi-user platforms and are not designed for a single user, despite being used that way in home environments)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509038/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 88.04%

When trying to log on to my laptop I get a message telling me that my user name or password is incorrect which it is not.
Then, I try to reset password it gives me a message telling me "this feature requires removable media such as floppy disc or USB flash drive."
My computer is Toshiba Satellite L855D with Windows 7.
Please help!
2Frustrated

A:user profile service failed the logon

Usernames and passwords are case sensitive. Check that caps lock is not on when you type in your username and password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.1128565/
Relevancy 88.04%

Im having some problems and im kinda new at this but my computer has no admin prvilages and im unable to get any since my admin account is not working every time i try to log in i get this strage little message quot user profile service failed to logon quot i know this is a vista forum but im a running a windows x logon failed profile User service to bit and i REALLY NEED HELP im sad because i tried all the solutiosn and none work I also looked through a forum that was very interesting but the solution did not work for me The User Profile Service failed the logon Im very bad with this techy stuff so if someoen could help me immediatly it will User profile service failed to logon be WELL apprciated Ok so the problem is that i can't even get onto an admin account because mine is unable to login and i only have another guest account safe mode also does not open any of my accounts and i was wondering is ther a way to gain access or make a new account without using command prompt or anything that has admin privalages i tried tehe forum and what it suggested it suggested that i rename the regiestry keys but i am unable to because whenever i do i get the message quot the regiestry key cannot be renamed error well renaming quot here are some screen shots of the regedit I also don't want to reisntall the system or lose the files in that account however im nto sure but when i open up the computer C users My folder has bytes when i go to properties

A:User profile service failed to logon

Hello Jonathan, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Have you already tried to see if you could enable the built-in Administratot account while in Safe Mode as in STEP 1 of the tutorial below?

If you have, then you might try doing a system restore at boot using a restore point dated before you had this error to see if it may be able to fix it for you.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280414-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Can someone please help me......ive read through all the related comments to this problem but I am at a loss as to what to do. My son has a HP min netbook with Windows 7 starter on. It has been working perfectly since Christmas then tonight it has come up when trying to logon "The user profile service failed the logon" "user profile cannot be loaded"....I have read that you need to log on as an administrator and to put computer into "safe" mode but we cannot even log on.....there is no option to click on the "start" button as it doesnt come up until weve logged on. Not sure if to just take it back to the shop we got it from and ask for a new one. PLEASE can someone give me some "idiot" style instructions......many thanks in anticipation

A:The user profile service failed the logon

It's a pretty involved process, but this tutorial over on vistax64 should do the trick. Be warned though that they are not "idiot" style instructions. Maybe someone else will have an easier way to fix this for you.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

and here is the Microsoft article on it...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135514-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I only have one user profile set up. When you enter the password for this user, you get a message that indicates ‘User Profile Service service failed logon.’ Everything I see out on the web indicates to open the Start menu, then click on All Programs – Accessories – System tools – System Restore.

The problem is I cannot even get logged in to get to the start menu.

I have a Compaq 6830s laptop.

I even tried hitting f8 at boot up to see if I could start in safe mode, but that did absolutely nothing.

I don't want to lose any of the data i have saved on my hard drive.

Any ideas???

A:User Profile Service Failed Logon

So when you start tapping F8 immediately on startup do you get the Advance screen ....black with white lettering?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-logon.912027/
Relevancy 88.04%

I recently installed an automatic upgrade and now I'm getting "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" when I turn on the computer. My only option is to click on an OK key. The computer then gives one logon key and when I click on it give me the USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED message again. Only options given with logon key are improve use of screen and restart, sleep, hibernate, and shut down key. It will not let me start in safe mode and will not give me access to the START button. I've tried every option available to me; even tried ctrl/alt/delete with no success. PLEASE HELP!

A:The user profile service failed logon

Hi sgbandpv

Prees F8, use startup repair.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246986-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I created a new account on Windows 8.1. The login attempt resulted in a "The User Profile Service failed the logon" error. Attempted the standard registry fix (linked below). However, a SID key does not exist for the new account.

I've tried deleting the account, recreating, recreating in safe mode. Same error at login.

Any else run into this? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Standard The User Profile Service failed the logon error fix.

A:The User Profile Service failed to logon. No SID key.

Hello owaved, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The SID and user profile folder for a new user account doesn't get created until the first time you successfully sign in to it. This is why it's not there for you.

Do you have any other user that's having this issue?

Here's the tutorial for that error in Windows 8.8.1 instead.

User Profile Service failed the sign-in - Fix in Windows 8

If you like, you could also do a system restore using a restore point dated before this started to hopefully fix it.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52782-user-profile-service-failed-logon-no-sid-key.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi Vista community, I've had a problem for quite a long time with an administrator account on my computer. There are 2 accounts on the computer, one administrator and one standard. I have looked at the other threads that had the same message "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." but my situation is quite different. There is no SID key in the registry. Also, when I use the net user command in the command prompt, the administrator is not listed. I am unable to unistall items with the Programs/Feature application in the Control Panel or change the privilege of any account with the User Accounts application. This has been here for a while and I can't fix it with the system restore. Please help.
Thanks.

A:User Profile Service Failed Logon?

Hello VistaS, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if the options in the yellow TIP box at the top of the tutorial below may be able to help fix this error for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282483-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

The Use Profile Service failed the logon for my Administrator account. I Have included my Sysinfo Log as follows;

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8190 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 939326 MB, Free - 728006 MB; D: Total - 14540 MB, Free - 1972 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Eureka3
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014, Updated and Enabled

How do I fix this problem.

PS. I have four other Secuity progarms in stalled, but None of these are Real Time Progrms as far as I know, and are only run occasionally on demand, and shouldn't be causing comflicts. They are; Windzip Malware Protector,spyhunter 4, Mawarebytes Pro and Trusteer which was supplied by my Bank.

Relevancy 88.04%

I am running a Windows Vista desktop computer. I have had it for a couple of years now. It has always been running with just the one administrator account, no other account.
A few days ago I tried to create a new user account. I went onto control panel, add user account, and created a new limited user account.
I then logged of my administrator and tried to logon to the new account. I clicked on the account and it came up with a message saying 'the user profile service failed the logon. User profile can not be loaded.'
I logged back on to administrator, deleted the account and tried again, to the same result.
Then I looked in C: Users. The only account listed was my administrator.
Why is this not working?!?!?

A:User Profile Service Failed The Logon

You can create a new user account this way:
Click start, in the search bar type in: netplwiz then press enter, the advance accounts control panel should open

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-453889.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi:
I have just upgrdaed from windows 7 home to professional. I changed the computer name and rebooted, then I put the computer on the domain, and reboted.
I can login as the donamename\administrator
I can login as: computername\backup admin account
I can login as computername\username

but when i try to login as: domainname\username

i get the follwoinf error:
The user profile service failed the logon

I have tried to look in the registery and there are no .BAK profiles.
I delted all profiles.
I am not sure why I cn log in to the domain as the administrator but not as the user.

please help!

Have you had a look at this? - User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199743-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hello I'm having a problem with my laptop in which I to The Service Failed User Logon Profile cannot access my user profile The same thing happened to me a few months The User Profile Service Failed to Logon back and it was a tutorial on this site that ended up being my savior Here it is The User Profile Service Failed to Logon First of all let me just say that this tutorial is brilliant It really helped me back then to restore my current user profile Unfortunately the same problem seems to have resurfaced and herein lies my problem The profile with the bk that I had created months ago was still there I followed these same steps to rename the profile without the bak but the computer will not allow the same key name to exist So I was wondering if can give it another extension instead of bk and still fix it I'm not too tech savvy so I'm afraid of giving it an extension that will mess things up even more Additional Info - my System Restore was disabled before the problem so I don't think that is an option for me anymore unless someone knows how to activate it via safe mode - my system was originally Vista bit but I upgraded it to Windows bit note I was running Windows at the time of the first failed logon and this tutorial helped me out then too Sorry if this is a bother to anyone but any and all help will be appreciated Thank you for your time

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon

Nevermind, just fixed it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281441-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

This morning when i attempted to log onto my laptop I kept getting the message quot The User Profile Service failed the logon The User Profile failed to load quot Fortunately after Googling the error message I found someone who had a similar error whereby the profile had entered a backup state As i only have one account the admin account I logged on using safe mode and modified the keys under HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT Current User ProfileList using regedit and user profile logon service the The failed made the appropriate changes This did NOT work I have tried making a new account but can't as I only have The user profile service failed the logon the one account and it's not enabling me to 'manage another account' What can I do now Do I have to delete my corrupted profile I have seen instrustions for The user profile service failed the logon doing this on the microsoft website but how do I then log on to create a new profile if i delete the only exisiting profile on my comp Please please help Jules

Jules
Welcome
Here is an excellent tutorial on the subject

and

From Microsoft
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290397-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Please help me. This is the mesaage i am receiving.

A:User Profile Service Failed Logon

Welcome

Will this help?

One of our excellent tutorials.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275375-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Not sure where to post this. I downloaded SP1 yesterday and today cannot log into my account, as I get the above message. I tried going on my sons account and using system restore, this enabled me to uninstall SP1. However this didn't work. As I see it my only option is to set up an entirely new administrators account, but then I will lose all my desktop, Bookmarks etc. Unless one of you lot know a way through!!

A:User profile service failed the logon HELP

Hi Judy, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This tutorial may help you fix this problem.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170035-user-profile-service-failed-logon-help.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hello everyone I'm very bad with computers so please try to bear with me here I have had a Lenovo n laptop with what I think is Windows Vista Home Premium bit does that sound right for a few years the Profile Service Failed User Logon Within the first year I had it my hard drive crashed I managed to save it but I lost all my files Today I tried to log onto my administrator account for the first time in a few weeks and I recieved the error quot User Profile Service Failed the Logon quot I searched for a solution and User Profile Service Failed the Logon this is what I found I closed down User Profile Service Failed the Logon Turned computer on and immediately pressed F repeatedly until I got quot Advanced Boot Options User Profile Service Failed the Logon quot used the down arrow to select quot Safe Mode quot and pressed enter computer then opened eventually in the funny look of safe mode with a quot Help quot window In the help window there is an underlined quot What is System Restore quot Clicking on that gave me the answer and quot Click to open System Restore quot I clicked on that and a new window came up recommending restoring to a previous state before windows update which I had done before the fault occurred I clicked OK and after a bit of whirring all came up OK Can you imagine how pleased I felt - Incidentally I had also changed the display font size to the larger size just before the fault occurred so while in Safe Mode I managed to remember how I had done that and changed it back again as that may have caused the fault - Another problem occured when I hit step I saw that my computer had undergone a windows update on Dec th and I guessed that's probably what is causing the issue So I selected a date before it to restore to and clicked Ok That's when this popped up quot The disk C has errors Windows has detected file system corruption on C You must check the disk for errors before it can be restarted So I clicked quot Check the Disk for Errors quot I checked the boxes for Automatically fix file system errors Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors I also tried w o checking this once to no avail Pressed Start Another error quot Windows can't check disk while it's in use quot So I clicked Schedule Disk Check for the next time I restart my computer Then the window closed I then restarted my computer and nothing There was not a single attempt to check the disk This is so frustrating I really need all of the files that I had on my account If they're lost I'm going to I am currently on a Standard account on the computer not guest that seems to be working fine I have taken my best efforts to give you all of the information as best as I could and as accurately as I could Hopefully someone can help me Thanks Matt

A:User Profile Service Failed the Logon

Hi Matt,

Since chkdsk will not run at start up, follow the instructions here:

Chkdsk will Not Run at Startup in Vista

Follow the instructions from Step 1 and Step 2 only at this point. Remember to change msconfig back to normal after chkdsk has run otherwise you will keep going into Safe Mode! You can also try Step 2 at some point, it may help. If you can't follow any of these instructions, post back and I will make them far more detailed (with pictures)! If you have any problems, post back. I will watch this post for several days to make sure you are all right. Tell us how it is going and whether chkdsk has solved your problem when you know. I really hope this helps.

Richard

P.S: Here is how to find out what version of Windows you have (though it does not matter at all for this post)

Click on the Start Orb (bottom left) and in the search box at the bottom type: System. Don't press enter but wait. Under the list of programs, click System. This is illustrated below.

This new box should have all the info you could possibly need! (well almost)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265328-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

When I try to log on to my laptop, it says:

'The User Profile Service failed the logon.
User Profile cannot be loaded.'

This happened about a week ago and I can't log back on!

Just before I logged off before the problem started I had clicked cancel on my updates. Has this affected anything?

I don't know how to sort this out. Do I need to take it to a shop to be fixed? Or can I resolve the problem myself?

Also, I don't have any other accounts on my laptop, not even a guest account.

Any help would be appreciated

A:user profile service failed the logon???!!!! help.

This should help with your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206425-user-profile-service-failed-logon-help.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I am running a Dell Studio XPS with Windows -bit Home Version OS After reinstalling Windows some months ago I only added back User accounts Me and Game Me had Administrator rights and Game did not I did not make have a separate Administrator account I booted up my User logon on Service failed Profile laptop yesterday and tried logging in as Me and received the error msg The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded Neither my Me password nor my Administrator password is being recognized I am using my Game account to log in and run apps that do not require User Profile Service failed on logon Admin access and that is working well I ve been searching the Internet and Forums for a way to fix the problem without reinstalling Windows My thinking is that since I back up my Registry and do regular backups of files etc I should be able to somehow put back my Me account with Administrator access Is this possible or am I shooting into the air Would a System Restore fix the problem TIA

A:User Profile Service failed on logon

Hello Jato,

The tutorial below may be able to help with this user profile error. Be sure to read all of it for all available options.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302481-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi all. My first post here. When I try to logon, I get the error message "The user Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I went to the VistaForums web site and found a solution at The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. It worked initially, but then I began to get the same message. I tried it again and I believe I screwed it up by removing the wrong SID. Is there a way to reverse the process to find my old profile? Is it still there to be found? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx, fateofheroes

A:User profile service failed the logon....

Welcome
Did you try a system restore at least 5 days before the initial problem?

System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286298-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi. I came accross this site when searching google for a fix.

I was hoping somebody could assist me with my frustrating problem.

When I boot into safe mode I get a black screen with a cursor and safe mode written in each corner.

I tried to do a system restore yesterday and it seems I have really messed up my laptop (Dell inspiron 1720). Luckily I backed everything up before this mess happened.

Booting from the OS DVD doesn't seem to work and I don't have a repair option on thr boot menu.

If anyone could help me dig my way out of this hole, I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks
done

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon.

Hello Done,

Since you are in Safe Mode, you might see if your can do what it is in the STEP ONE section of the tutorial below before doing Option One.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277027-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I own a laptop and I have created User to failed profile service logon three accounts on it one with administrator properties one with standard user properties and the last one as guest user Now whenever I try to log on to my admin account it says quot User Profile Service service failed to logon quot I have tried all possible ways such as Going to safe mode and restore it But it did not show any restore point In safe mode no cmd interface is available I tried to locate the problem by getting into the registry editor using regedit via my standard user account and I found a temp file of my admin account created I tried to shuffle the bak properties but each time I enter the admin password it says quot systempropertiescomputername exe does not exist quot I removed the password by logging into safe mode of the admin account But still the message is same when I log in again normally User profile service failed to logon Even the d drve partition of my hdd is not accessible due to this I did not try to back up the data as this is not possible until and unless my admin account allows me If the problem was with any other account then I could have solved it with any one of the above ways Laptop details Brand name Acer Model ASPIRE E - Operating System Windows Ultimate Any effective solutions other than these are welcomed Please remember that I cannot even use cmd in safe mode as it is not available also in safe mode with command prompt hence not letting me run the cmd as administrator Please help me as soon as possible as my work is getting delayed due to this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-to-logon.1164306/
Relevancy 88.04%

My IBM Lenova laptop running vista is not able to access my account. It is saying The User Profile service failed log on and won't even let me enter a password. I have read many articles about this problem and it seems like a frequent occurance. I have tried a system restore, but it didn't work. I can boot into safe mode into m account. I am able to boot into the computer's administrator account by deleting the password in Active password changer. I also set up a guest account, but this isn't doing me any good. Is the solution below the best option? Helphttp://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-u...not-loaded.html

A:The User profile service failed the logon!

I fixed my problem using the steps in the link below. Worked like a charm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252505/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 88.04%

I only have one account on my laptop and whenever i try to logon to it the "The user profile service service failed to logon" message pops up and when i click okay it just restarts again and takes me back to the same screen. I tried looking up a solution online and i found one on microsoft report. I got on from safe mode and attempted to make a new account however when i try to click "Manage another account" nothing happens and nothing pops up. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

A:The User Profile Service Failed to Logon! How do i fix this?

Hey Kaekae. I had similar issue. I tried the solution from here..you can try as well..

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297604-user-profile-service-failed-logon-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 88.04%

My PC is displaying the following message "The User Profile Service failed the logon" all of a sudden. I tried to logon as normal and that message was displayed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:The User Profile Service failed the logon

Hi there are steps here you can try Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-563560.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I have a networked computer that has been inactive for a few months. When I try to log in with a network account, I receive the ""user profile service failed the logon" message. All suggestions to delete the corrupt profile do not apply, as this user has not previously logged into this machine. I tried to create a profile through credential manager, but that did not work. We are on a domain, so there are no locally saved user accounts. Regedit does not show corrupted profiles. I have seen references to an update that Windows may have installed that may cause this. Could this be true? Other references to disabling AV does not work asit starts automatically, as we also have encryption on our laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402223-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Here my problem, I have a fully working profile on administrator but, when I make a second one & try to log on it say: "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.".

We can fix it with the registry and such but the files doesn't appear in the C:\users even if I delete my profile and recreate it, it still doesn't appear. Can somebody help me?
I also checked this page You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon? error message for help and I can't do either of them because they doesn't appear in the C: drive or the registry "Regedit".

Hello Lilmachine, and welcome to Seven Forums.

A new user account doesn't have it's user profile actually created until it's successfully logged in to for the first time. That's why you don't see a "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder or registry entries for it yet.

You might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before this started happening may be able to fix it for you.

If not, then you might see if this below may since you are not experiencing the normal version of this user profile error.

Case of the User Service Service Failed The Logon | chentiangemalc

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335458-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I have a dell laptop with windows 7 home premium and I got this error message.

I only have one login. Icannot log into safe mode because it is not an option when I use the F8 key.

I got to a command prompt by shutting down midstream, getting to system recovery options and picking command prompt. I used regedit to get to the profilelist key but the only items are s-1-5-18, s-1-5-19, and s-1-5-20. Thre is no key with the longer number to use the fix suggested in the registry editor.

I am not sure if I am in the built in administrator mode.

Any ideas?

A:User Profile service failed the logon

The first thing I would try is go back to the Windows recovery enviroment and try a system restore to a point before all this started.

If you are running the command prompt from the Windows recovery environment, you are essentially running it as the (system) administrator. If the user profile is missing from the registry, then that profile has somehow been deleted. You can try creating a user account from the command line and log in with it:

net user "Username" password   -- Spell out the new username and put it in quotes. Create a password  immediately after the username.
net localgroup administrators "Username" -- This will give the new user account admin rights.

Try rebooting and logging in with the new account.

Or you can try logging in as the built in administrator. From the Windows RE command prompt, enter

net user administrator /active:yes

then reboot and try to log in as the administrator.

If you can recover or recreate your user profile as the admin, go back to the command prompt and enter

net user administrator /active:no

then log back in as the user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567120/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 88.04%

Hello

I tried to log in to my laptop tonight and got the message "user service profile failed the logon". It's an Acer laptop and I am administrator.

I've tried restarting but to no avail.

I'm currently trying to create a new profile in safe mode so I can copy the settings (Microsoft help). I get as far as the User Accounts page but when I click on "manage another account" nothing happens and there is no password prompt box. In the top right corner it says my name, administrator, password protected.

There is no other account on the laptop.

If you have any ideas about how to get past this I'd be really grateful.

Thank you.

JR

A:user service profile failed the logon

You can try and enable the built-in "Administrator" account and see if by using that account, you can do what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-service-profile-failed-the-logon.1110001/
Relevancy 88.04%

When logging on this morning, received "User profile Failed the Logon, User Profile Cannot be Loaded" message.

Any support I read instructs "Click Start" then proceeds with additional instructions. Problem...There is no access to "start" on the logon screen.

Does anyone know how to get past this or to resolve.

A:User Profile Service Failed the Logon

Hi btalk and welcome to Vista Forums

Have a look at the following Tutorial: The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/219089-user-profile-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Hi all,

I am a first time user of this forum so please be gentle with me. I am using windows vista and have got a personal account set up which has worked fine for a couple of years. This morning when I tried to access the account I got the following message "the user profile service failed the logon". I tried to use a guest account to get in and manage account but when prompted for a password for my personal account I get no further with no error message. I have tried using a different password and the error message changes " incorrect account details or bad password" and so I assume the one I am using is correct.

Any help to recover my files all saved under the personal account would be much appreciated as panic is starting to set in?
regards

Will

A:User profile service failed the logon

Give this a try.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...gon-user/4ed66b21-c23e-42f1-98b2-706dcf931fae

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.1001501/
Relevancy 88.04%

When trying to use a second user account I created for my son Jacob after my re-install debacle I get the message The user Profile Service failed the logon The user profile cannot be loaded I tried the fixit from here both using their service the failed logon profile user quot fix it for me quot option and the manual version of going into regedit - the user account Jacob doesn't even show in there at all user profile service failed the logon -not when the account has been created or after deleting it all I see there are these two - mine and updatus user I had copied the user folder quot Jacob quot from a backup I did the same for my user account too with no problem - all settings were there etc when I first used my account after re-install and pasted it in the user area - is this the problem Edit an update - I thought it may be because of the name so tried to create another account jake and exactly the same thing happens - also when I go into Control Panel gt System user profile service failed the logon Properties gt User profiles gt Settings neither profiles Jacob nor jake show up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-630090.html
Relevancy 87.73%

an acount on my computer will not load. it says the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded. ive seen other questions like this and they said to make a new acount. i tried that multiple times and it says the same thing for each new acount that i make. the other 4 acounts are fine

A:the user proflile service failed the logon. user profile can not be loaded.

If your newly created accounts can't log on, then it is time to check for something else.

In case there is hard drive corruption, I would check the hard drive. Right click on Drive C and choose Properties, > Tools tab > Check Now. The machine will need to reboot for the check to begin. See if the check reports of any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-user-proflile-service-failed-the-logon-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded.1117371/
Relevancy 87.42%

Hi Everybody,

I have an odd situation for my computer skills.

After few years today suddenly I got this error: the user profile service service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

I am in Windows 7 Home Premium and I have only one user account which is administrator too.

I am running in safe mode now and have already tried to fix it with the OPTION ONE To Fix the User Account Profile with no results.

I am trying to use the OPTION TWO but can't create a new account in safe mode, could you help me please

A:the user profile service service failed the logon user profile cannot

Hi MadMatt71 welcome to SevenForums

Have you taken a look at the tutorial below

See if you could create a User Account from the Command Prompt.

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on type in CMD inside Search Programs and Files. Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose Run as administrator . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

Type this command below

net user /add useraccountname

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291651-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot.html
Relevancy 87.11%

and then it continues on to say 'User profile cannot be loaded' So when i logged onto my computer today as normal the screen was black and im sure it had a little window open which said 'Loading personalised settings' and then after that im sure i seen a window which said 'Windows service pack now available' and then when my desktop came on the wallpaper had been changed to default literally all my icons had disappeared there was nothing in my pictures or downloads folder which is were i keep my downloaded movies and series and Google chrome wasnt there and instead internet explorer was kinda like my computer had been reset to factory default But some of my games was still on the desktop and skype was there and when i double clicked skype it started installing it So i have restarted my computer a few times shut it down and started it up again and same thing and i looked at the most recent windows updates and the latest one user profile the service service failed 'The logon....' had been installed on the th of October so that surely cant't be the problem I should also mention that i checked the hard drive and it had the same memory like everything was still 'The user profile service service failed the logon....' on it gb left of gb the same with my other hard drive the memory was still the same And now it isnt logging me into my profile at all its saying what i mentioned at the very top ''The user profile service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded' What is the problem here and how can it be fixed If it can thank you for any help or advice

A:'The user profile service service failed the logon....'

Hello Damon, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help walk you through in trying to fix this user profile error. Be sure to read all of it for all available options. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309340-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Cannot log into my laptop. I get this message - The User Profile Service service failed the logon.

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon.

See here: User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310408-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi, I received the above message when logging in yesterday and wondered if anyone could help?

I've tried going into regedit and changing the RefCount to 0 and restarting but it keeps going back to 2 - it was at 3 originally but keeps reverting to 2 when I restart. Any ideas?

Any replies much appreciated.

A:User Profile Service service failed the logon

welcome to sevenforums ,have a look at this tutorial and see if it is of any help, it worked for me in the past

try option two!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255339-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Every time I try to logon to my user account in windows vista home premium, it says :The User Profile Service service Has failed the logon. The User Profile Cannot Be Loaded." The Rest of the accounts on my computer still work fine. But New User Accounts say the same thing. System restore didn't even fix it when i restored back as far as possible. I've scanned for viruses with all security programs that I have, along with system diagnostics, etc. and still nothing. it still did it even after I moved all my  files to another user's folder and deleted my account. I didn't change anything or add or delete anything before it stopped working. When i go to " user profiles" in "System properties" it showed my profile was a backup and unknown profile size. after I deleted my account, it didn't show my profile at all.

A:User profile service service failed the logon?

Back up your registry before trying this.
Open up your registry and go down to HKEYLOCAL MACHINE>software>microsoft>windowsnt>currentversion>profilelist and then on your right hand side, look for your profile in profile image path and delete that subkey, delete the user profile having logged in as another user then restart your machine and try to log in.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6db18a6-9f09-47cf-98d8-bbe5a1caee56/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon?forum=itprovistasetup
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi I'm unable to log into my Windows Vista laptop Business SP After I have entered my password at the login screen I get the message The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded I can get into safe mode I tired to see if I could create a second user account but couldn't find it and an information bubble at the logon. Service Profile failed The service User the bottom of the screen tells me that Your user profile The User Profile Service service failed the logon. was not loaded correctly You have been logged on with the default profile for the system Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator I can also access my files saved on the hard drive in safe mode I don't have much other useful information to offer unfortunately The last time it was used would be about a couple of months ago for web browsing I have done some googling and possible fixes involve going into the registry or doing something with the hidden administrator - not things I want to do blindly If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon.

Microsoft says that a user profile can become corrupted if your antivirus software is scanning your PC while you try to log on, but it could also be caused by other things. A quick fix can be to restart your PC, but if this doesn’t work you’ll need to restart again and boot into Safe mode. Do this by pressing F8 before you see the Windows loading screen and choosing Safe Mode from the menu that appears.
Safe Mode logs you into the built-in Windows administrator account, but you might find that some options don’t work.
You can also follow my instructions from temporary user profile Windows will create and log you in when user profile can become corrupted.

WARNING: Some people have lost files by using method listed at Microsoft website, so create a backup of your hard disk, or just files you cannot afford to lose before trying anything which involves editing the Windows Registry. There are various programs which will allow you to make a copy of your entire disk, but you will need a second disk with sufficient capacity, and may even need a second PC or laptop in order to copy the disk (if you can't boot into Windows). You should also make a backup of the Registry itself from Safe Mode before you start.

You can access your personal files in corrupted user profile by navigating to Start Menu --> Computer --> Users directory and double click your user account profile directory that's corrupted to access your personal files which you copy to external storage device.
Follow instructions at Microsoft website to repair corrupted user profile.

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581586/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 87.11%

I usually know my way around a computer, but this has me stumped.

My Windows 7 PC has an admin and a standard user, one for me and one for the kid. Somehow my account, when attempting to log into it, feeds me "The User Profile Service service failed the logon, User Profile cannot be loaded".

The issue is that the only other account is a standard user, and in order to have access even in the command prompt, you must run as admin, and when I do, I am prompted by UAC for the admins credentials. I enter them correctly, and then nothing, even when in Safe Mode.

What do?

Thank you in advance.

A:The User Profile Service service failed the logon

For Vista and Windows 7
The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95444-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

How do logon to my laptop? I did not not change my password, and it happen on the next day. I can't logon to the user profile. Before that happened still using the same laptop as normal.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-logon/td-p/5769369
Relevancy 87.11%

Hello Forum,

I am unable to log into my system (running Windows 7 Home Premium). The logon screen appears as it always does, prompting me for my password. I enter my password and instead of logging into Windows I get the message; ?The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded?. Has anyone experienced this problem, anyone have a solution??

Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by DJSEVEN

Hello Forum,

I am unable to log into my system (running Windows 7 Home Premium). The logon screen appears as it always does, prompting me for my password. I enter my password and instead of logging into Windows I get the message; “The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded”. Has anyone experienced this problem, anyone have a solution??

Thanks!

I experienced this problem and just solved this a few hours ago. Do you have an alternate account? If you do, follow the steps written in User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

You must make sure that the alternate account is also an administrator. Else, boot to safe mode, which allows you to login to the administrator account, and follow the same steps written in User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312472-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I have a Windows Vista CPU that was updated a few months ago to Windows 7 Home Premium. Last week, we could no longer log on to this CPU and received the message in the title. Please note, we know the password...The machine no longer recognizes it. (strike 1)

Complication: We only have one account on the CPU which is an administrator. So, we simply cannot log on to the machine normally. (strike 2)

However, I can log on in Safe Mode. I changed the password in Safe Mode, restarted, went to the normal login screen, and still cannot log in with the new password. (strike 3...I'm out)

I have yet to find help for my specific problem. I hope someone knows what to do. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Christ, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help you fix this user profile error. Please let us know if you have questions with it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/184109-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I only have one user so i cant simply log on as another user and fix it, i cant log on at all, please tell me how you fix it, and if possible can you either restore all data and saved stuff cause i need it for school/college work, or without deleting everything.

Thank you very much.

Hello Stoney, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if you may be able to fix this error using either step in the STEP ONE section in the tutorial below. If not, then the steps in the yellow TIP box may.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95143-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

My problem is with my Packard bell Easynote TE Windows Seven, when i put my password in to get started, I get a message saying, The User Profile Service Service Failed The Logon, User Profile Cannot Be Loaded, I Know That My Password Is Correct but i cannot get into my laptop, i wonder if anyone has had this problem and solved it, any help will be much appreciated as long as it is not too technical regards from 1932tommo.

A:User Profile Service Service Failed The Logon

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon-1088770.html
Relevancy 87.11%

the problem is im using a dell studio 1555 64bit and rwally need help when i am logging in my main account it wont let me go
this is the messege i get

the user profile service service failed the logon.
user profile cannot be loaded

plz does any one have any solution to this i would really apriciate thanks

A:user profile service service failed the logon

Try this with thanks to Brink

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281645-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I am having a major problem trying to reinstate my user/admin rights on my 8yo son's computer. The computer has created a bogus "user" profile and backed up the original as a "bak" file. I have tried renaming both of these to recover the setup, (as recommended via an archived thread), but the computer will not let me save the changes ... I have also tried many online software programmes to help clean and restore but the problem still exists. As I am struggling to gain full admin access I can't modify some important security settings, please help!!

A:'User Profile Service service failed the logon

You may want to give this a try. If you still have problems post

I would also make a full updated virus scan and download and make a full scan with malwarebytes, update it first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285442-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Well, I have two accounts on my laptop and obviously one of them is an administrator, but the administrator is my dads account and mine is just a standard account. Now when I try to logon to my dads account, or change some of the settings on my account it won't let me do it. When I try and logon to my dads i says 'The User Profile Service service failed the logon'. So i did what I have been showed: type regit (i think it is) then go to windows NT, then current version, profile list + finally I have to delete the SID key which doesn't have .bak. So when I try and delete it it'll say there was an error deleting it. Can someone help me please? Because it is stopping me doing stufff on here
thank you if you do help

oh yeah by the way I tried to delete it on my account

i try to delete it using this tutorial, but I can't :S
i can't log on to te adminisrator account because thats the one which has the error, how can i do this? and i cant do system restore because i cant remember when it actually happened

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/209174-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I was installing Dragon Naturally Speaking V standard The install The the failed User Service logon service Profile stalled at complete and I cancelled it after The User Profile Service service failed the logon an hour or so After that I noticed my windows and programs most of them had stopped as well I tried to shutdown but the PC seemed to quot log off quot for minutes so I gave up and turned the PC off manually When I turned it back on I got the usual login boxes and tried to log in as I normally do as the administrator To my surprise I got a refusal the message quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded quot So my usual admin password didn't work I moved to another user login box and quot got in quot so to speak that way What I now find or think I find is that the user I am now doesn't have access to all of the files that I could access as the administrator I can't see files that I was working on and could see before the crash Furthermore I'm uneasy with the double quot service quot term in the message above The extra quot service quot reminds me of careless text that I sometimes see in phishing scams Maybe it's not a problem I don't know Anyway I seem to be having trouble following troubleshooting procedures as I am no longer administrating and some procedures seem to require the admin password My admin password apparently has somehow been changed What to do Thanks in advance

What I would do in that situation.... Throw in my Windows disc and start over. Could take a lot less time than fixing everything up.

Do you have any backup images? You could have this resolved in 10 minutes that way.

There are alot more knowledgeable people on these boards than me, so lets hang out a bit and get a few recommendations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/145601-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 87.11%

This is what i did, btw i have Vista Enterprise. I customised the administrator account, copied the profile to C\user\Default User. Tried to logon again to the domain as a domain user and puff! error as stated above.

I've gone through Shawn's method but doesn't help because under the registry \ProfileList there is no SID with extension .bak. I have to get the profile of administrator copied so every user gets the same. This was very simple in XP why is it difficult in Vista?

Any other ideas?

Koobro

Yes. Make a new user and copy *that* profile instead.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/168270-user-profile-service-service-failed-logon.html