Windows Support Forum

Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Q: Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Failed to network w8, xp & vista

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 55.9%

First of all I d like to start off with saying god i hate vista One day my network icon on the system tray had a big X on it When i hovered over the icon a balloon popped up and said quot server execution failed quot I searched for fixes on some other forums and I tried quot net localgroup quot Administrators quot quot NT Authority Local Service quot add quot At first I thought it was fixed but then after I restarted my computer I got a new problem I had a yellow caution sign on the network icon now and when I hovered over it a balloon popped up saying quot currently connected to unknown quot I don t remember the exact statement it said since I don t get it any more because I disabled the windows firewall and it went away However my internet is running very poorly I m connected to a server at my dorm but before you rule this problem as my dorm causing the bad internet i tested out my connection at my home a few weeks ago and it was very bad as well Before at my home it was much better than what I had when I tested it out vs my dorm network complications with the Execution Failed+More Vista+Server connection To clarify how bad my connection has gotten when I typed something in chat on WoW it took about seconds before what I typed to show up Furthermore on guild wars I d be playing and all the sudden my screen would freeze and maybe seconds later everything speeds up to catch up to real time I ve never had these problems when I purchased my computer with vista for my home but after I went to my college dorm all these problems occurred All help would be VERY much appreciated since there is no help at the Vista+Server Execution Failed+More complications with the network dorms for this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-server-execution-failed-more-complications-with-the-network.654248/
Relevancy 55.9%

Having problem trying to home network my xp pro desktop to my Vista prem laptop. the desktop is hardwired to router, the laptop is wireless to router. tried using the wizard on xp machine to set up network, also same on vista. turned firewalls off(which are set to share) The Vista machine sees the xp machine hooked up to a switch but does not open up anything on the xp machine on the laptop. The xp machine does not see the vista machine at all. Downloaded the exe from microsoft to allow the vista machine to see the xp pc (installed on xp pc) what now? I am at a loss as to what to do next>?
Steve

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi BC I am using XP My wireless network is using the quot G Wireless Modem Router by Belkin It is running unsecured The network normally runs adequately - there are annoying moments when it just seems to freeze but seconds later it comes back to life Yesterday it was performing as usual ie adequately Today I cannot connect to the internet at all either with IE or Mozilla my normal browser When I look at the network status all seems well - it is shown as connected and the signal strength is quot excellent quot But the efforts to connect just time out Mozilla says that quot the connection was reset quot lets you quot try again quot but it never connects I have AVAST running in fully protected mode network - has wireless fine works failed network neighbour's My I decided to run Malwarebytes to check for anything unusual It asked if I wanted to update the virus database - I agreed - it then hung presumably because it could not make its connection I ran it again this time refusing to do the update and it completed a Quick Scan reporting no problems found I disconnected from my network My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine and connected to a neighbour s unsecured network and everything worked fine I switched my router off and on and tried my network again - same problem I tried doing a quot repair quot on the connection by right clicking on the taskbar icon - this operation rarely seems to complete normally on my computer It frequently times out with a message like My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine quot unable to connect quot but when you then examine the network status you find that the connection has been made and all is well It is not unusual therefore to have an error message However this time there was a different error message - I didn t take special note of it at the time but it was something about being unable to clear some kind of cache - this is the only truly unusual thing I can point you to I have recently been through a successful detox of my system courtesy of BC which was very successful It has been a couple of weeks since that and there have been no problems since so I dont think the current problem is related but thought I d mention it anyway Can you help please Kenny

A:My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine

When you rebooted your router, did you unplug every wire from it, for atleast 30 seconds?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377122/my-wireless-network-has-failed-neighbours-network-works-fine/
Relevancy 44.72%

I tried to install a theme pack not licenced by windows by patching my system with vistaglazz. i downloaded a theme from guimods.com : vista os x vs.o2 and my windows explorer does not work anymore. My screen is black after I sign into my account, I recieve the following error message :" the ordinal 874 could not be located in the dynamic library SHELL32.dll. I need to restore my system to its original state. I can acess the task manager but i cannot acess the run program as i am stopped by the same message. Could someone PLEASE HELP ME i have important files in this laptop that i need to keep for college.

Sony Vaio NR series
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

A:How to restore windows vista after failed attempt to install Vista os x .02?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-restore-windows-vista-after-failed-attempt-to-install-vista-os-x-02.774454/
Relevancy 44.72%

Last night I attempted to install Vista SP2 and after a couple of hours of waiting, the upgrade apparently failed and my PC informed me it was rolling back to SP1. Now when I try to boot up, I get a small dialog box which says "Windows Activation - Reinstall Windows" followed by "Windows must be reinstalled to activate. Insert the Windows installation DVD or CD into your computer to begin the reinstallation process."

Clearly I don't want to do a clean reinstall. Any advice about how I can get around this problem? The system actually seems to be working just fine in the background.

A:Solved: Vista SP2 installation failed - now being asked to reinstall Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-sp2-installation-failed-now-being-asked-to-reinstall-vista.839807/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi There I'm getting the errors below and but I have not got any BSOD The errors I'm getting in nbsp eventviewer are Pku ulog failed to start xC-- Negolog failed to start IDListenLog failed to start P PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start all with the same failure code xC-- This is what the logs files says about each error Pku ulog Unknown GUID c a fb- a -d - -dc e a No Format Information found p plog Unknown GUID fc d ca -e c - c-be -e e a bbf No Format Information found negolog Unknown GUID f- f start, failed to Negolog and all P2PLog to Errors failed start, 0xC-- Pku2ulog HomegroupLog 0xC--35, failure to 35. start, to with failed start code IDListenLog the failed same start to failed a- -ddb - ab ad d No Format Information found idlistenlog Unknown GUID a f-b - - aa- ef No Format Information found homegrouplog Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35. Unknown GUID f a a- - ede-ff b-dd dafeed No Format Information found However the 'Unknown xx ' number changes times to times Could you help me please Thank you very much for your attention Best Regards

A:Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35.

Hi,
If you have Home group set up, please go to Control Panel ? Network and Sharing Center. Choose homegroup and sharing options and click ?Leave the homegroup?.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15c580c0-cbfd-48aa-b058-2de145336920/errors-pku2ulog-failed-to-start-0xc35-negolog-failed-to-start-idlistenlog-failed-to-start?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.71%

I have try many things but the result is still the same...
already tried restarting the computer.....switching off the modem....
when I disable it.. I cant enable it again.. and when I try to switch off the computer it got stuck at the saving setting or something like that.... even the hamachi network cant be disable... the internet connection was working great last nigh but when I woke up.. this thing shown up... I never adjust any system or add any program before shutting it down last night...
I also tried to go to control panel

ithe ethernet is still enable... I realy need help on this... the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problem...

A:LAN network conection failed

the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problemClick to expand...

Are you trying to get BOTH connected at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-conection-failed.191371/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a user who is the administrator of her Vista Professional laptop. She has tried to install a piece of software that we have successfully run using Vista Professional in the past in native mode. We do have to use compatibility mode for Vista Home.

She received the following error when trying to start the program:

Network Initialization Failed. Permission Denied. File: C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Directroy: C:\

Does anyone have suggestions?

Iris Moon
Volunteer Tech Support
Great Knit Designs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-initialization-failed-167053.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have WinXP and I went to my PC doctor and ran test on everything and it came up that
the Network test failed. Now I don't know what to do to get this fixed.
I started having this problem when I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat program the other day........after that I could not get the internet to open at all and that is where I stand right now.

Thanks!
Kelly

Relevancy 41.71%

network diagnostics network adapter failed realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ethernet nic(failed)is this why i can't get on the internet.windows xp home.IE can not dispay page,firefox page error.system restore won't go back to the previos month when pc was ok.also internet options won't open.Tried to download IE8 on20th Jan,had problems since then.

Relevancy 41.71%

I ve switched rooms in my office and am now using a different wall port to plug my ethernet cable into Failed Network Connection so that I can access our server I m trying to access the same server and should be using the same password and server name I ve tested the ethernet cord Network Connection Failed at my old desk port and it still works fine My colleague was using the new port and it worked fine on his pc But for some reason under the Local Area Connection it says my ethernet cable is unplugged Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can resolve my connection issue -------------------------------------------------- This is what I get Network Connection Failed when I copy the screen I ve seen suggested to copy on other posts Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Brittney gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brittney-PC Primary Dns Network Connection Failed Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AE- B-A - A- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AE- B-A - A- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Physical Address AC- B-A - A- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b b e be a e d c P referred Temporary IPv Address b b c e eb bae P referred Link-local IPv Address fe e be a e d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday June PM Default Gateway fe d b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-F -FA- -F - F-AF- -F - DNS Servers fe d b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address AC- B-A - A- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix rfg local Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -LM Physical Address F - F-AF- -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap rfg local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ED C A - D - - - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Brittney gt IPCONFIG ALL nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Recently my hard disk seemed to break Computer kept on getting to the Lenovo screen then turning off then restarting Thus I got the WD Blue GB one which is identical to the one I was using When I switched the two I keep on getting this Network boot failed EFI error nbsp EFI Network for IPv -F - - -BA-E boot failed nbsp EFI Network for IPv -F - - -BA-E boot failed nbsp Default Boot Device Missing or Boot FailedInsert Recovery Media and Hit any keyThen Select Boot Manager to choose EFI Network boot failed a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media nbsp I searched around and most answers involved something like Your drive is messed up I just got this one so I do not think that is the problem Some other answers said that your computer is not finding the hard disk but when I do the FN F thing I see that WDC WD DPVX- JC T is listed under hard disk so I do not think that is it either nbsp nbsp This is my first time I replaced my hard drive so I do not know if I was supposed to download anything onto the hard disk Thus the hard disk is completely new with nothing installed or anything nbsp My computer model is the Lenovo G -

A:EFI Network boot failed

Hello and welcome,

If you haven't installed an operating system on your new drive, what you're seeing is expected.  BIOS looks for something to boot and since your drive has nothing bootable on it, it goes down the list and tries to boot over the network.

You'll need to install an OS.  If you didn't already make recovery media you could contact support and order media (for a fee) or download a "clean" Windows from Microsoft.  You'd probably have to manually download any Lenovo drivers you need after a clean install, but it's do-able.

MS download for Windows 8.1 or 10 here.  Choose the same version (home, pro) you had previously and activation will be automatic.  You won't need a product key for the download either (you do for Win7 but not the other two choices).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/EFI-Network-boot-failed/td-p/3480535
Relevancy 41.71%

My VPN does not work any more and kept getting the message that "Failed to connect for following reason :activating VPN adapter failed ".
This happned after my system got hit by the Trojan "Win 7 Antispyware 2012 " and malware was run to remove it .

I am on windows 7 OS .

any ideas ...

thanks ,
Ishan

A:VPN network aaptor failed

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestorePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434278/vpn-network-aaptor-failed/
Relevancy 41.71%

Guys,
I have previously installed Winfax into my NT Server, where Exchange 5.5 resides. I had huge headache figuring out why there was a failure with most of my PCs (Win 98) that run Winfax (as client), it had been giving me a message "Unable to find Winfax Server Host" but I am able to ping the IP address and even the host name. I therefore remove it and now my winfax server sits on a Win 98 PC and everything was fine except for a few terminal that still gives me the same error message.
What gives?

Gracias.
Keet

------------------
I am here to stay!!

A:winfax pro 9.0 - network failed

I have the same problem - but with the host on a win98 machine. Did you ever find the solution?

ellegaard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winfax-pro-9-0-network-failed.37582/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi, someone knows how to fix that problems.
can't go online from that computer anymore
Network Adapters [00000016] Wireless-B Notebook Adapter FAILED
- IPAddress = 192.168.1.100 (FAILED)
Pinging 192.168.1.100 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.100:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

when i go to network connections it says the wireless is connected, but the internet dosn't work. works with this computer great.
oh, if you have any idea, can you explain it to me like w/oproffesional words, im actually not very experienced with that stuff. thx

A:network adapter connection failed

Can you ping 127.0.0.1
Can you ping your router's IP address?
Can other computers access the Internet or is this the only computer.

If possible can you make sure you are using a known working wireless network card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-connection-failed.372454/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a used XP desktop computer. SP3. Don't have an OS disk. Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. ISP Provider is Comcast (voicemail/internet/cable). Have Norton Security Suite. Constant Guard. XP Diagnostics cannot ping my stmp.comcast.net. My Network Adapter failed. AMD Athlon tower. Network Adapter is: VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter. 1394 Network adapter is also listed under devices. Don't know what that is.

A:Network Adapter and ISP Email Failed

Not all hosts or devices will respond to a ping request.

What exactly are you trying to do and what issues are you having?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapter-and-isp-email-failed-691612.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Have a home wireless network:
Router = Netgear WGR614v6
Cable Modem = Motorola Surfboard SB5101
Host Computer = Dell Optiplex GX280
Remote Computer = Dell Latitude D810 (laptop)
Remote laptop has built-in Intel Proset Wireless card that is giving me the problem.

I can connect to the internet w/ the laptop no problem when i plug an ethernet cable from the laptop to my router. But when i use just the ProSet Wireless i can't connect to internet. Ran XP Pro Network Diagnostics and got "FAILED" on the following:
Network Adapters
Intel Pro/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1 (Same Subnet)
DHCPServer = 192.168.1.1
DNSServerSearchOrder = 192.168.1.1

Running Win XP Pro on both machines.

Will post results of ipconfig /all if needed. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I have a buffalo NAS 500 network drive, The disk to all intents and purposes seems to have failed. Insde is a standard 3.5 inch sata drive, I was considering putting in a 1TB or 1.5TB Sata Drive to replace it, does anyone know if this is possible ad if the firmware was stored on the old HDD or whether it is actualy saved onto the other harware within the case, thus making the replacement alot more easier. Many thanks

Alex

A:Buffalo NAS Network Drive with failed HDD

The firmware is in a FLASH, any standard SATA drive should work. Note, depending on the vintage of the unit, there may be a maximum limit. I'd check on the Buffalo site for the latest firmware and see if they state what size drive it supports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buffalo-nas-network-drive-with-failed-hdd.875237/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi ya. I'm a total beginner to all this so bear with me. I've a Windows xp Pro. I've been having trouble connecting to Int. Exp. Getting the "this page cannot be displayed" I ran a diagnostic & it said my Network Adapter had failed, Outlook
Exp. mail had failed. Something to do with outbound mail server (smtp.three.au port 25). Also Int. Exp. web proxy &
Outlook Exp. News, not configured. Can you explain how i rectify these? Desperately need your help.

Relevancy 41.28%

i was workin on my laptop today i was connected to the internet all the while via wireless and suddenly it got disconnected failed! connection network wireless and i just couldnt connect anymore it doesnt show the list of available networks at all there's nothing there so i restarted my computer and awhile later symantec detected a virus on my computer called with a filename quot Dc pif quot and said that the file was quarantined the name of the virus is called W Bropia so after that i tried dis-abling and re-enabling the wireless connection but still no luck it just gave me the msg quot connection failed quot in the popup dialog box so i tried using winsock fix even but doesnt fix the problem too when i ran cmd exe typed in quot ipconfig quot it showed that my media state was media disconnected and now im stuck here i hope someone out there can help me and tell me what wireless network connection failed! i should do appreciate it lots thanks ps i really didnt know where wireless network connection failed! to post this im sorry admins if i posted this in the wrong section EDIT hm ok my friend came over and fixed the problem for me D apparently the virus regenerates itself and cannot be deleted so he downloaded some program and got rid of it for me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-failed-35544.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I m having difficulty Connection to a Screwed Due Failed Network in connecting with SQL Server with Vista Home Ed It s on a Compaq Laptop - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Failed Connection Due to a Screwed Network - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows Longhorn Home Edition OS Service Pack Failed Connection Due to a Screwed Network Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Computer Name JOE LB User Name SAM Motherboard CPU Type Unknown MHz Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard D Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Insyde - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - According to the error logs which see below I m getting error gt Error Severity State When I try to telnet on the port for the server the connection attempt failed This is probably at the root of my problem Apparently my network is screwed I ve given the port number to the firewall along with the SQL Server app Failed Connection Due to a Screwed Network Can anyone help this poor fool out THANKS -------- Processes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CMD EXE C Windows SYSTEM CMD EXE KB KB CMD EXE C Windows SYSTEM CMD EXE KB KB Dwm exe C Windows system Dwm exe KB KB everest bin K Downloads Downloads Tools Everest by Lavalys UNZIP everest bin KB KB Explorer EXE C Windows Explorer EXE KB KB firefox exe F Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe KB KB Gesture exe C Program Files Touchpad Gesture exe KB KB glidew exe C Windows System glidew exe KB KB hkcmd exe C Windows System hkcmd exe KB KB HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe KB MB igfxpers exe C Windows System igfxpers exe KB KB igfxsrvc exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe KB KB igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe KB KB jusched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe KB KB mobsync exe C Windows System mobsync exe KB KB MSASCui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe KB KB NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE KB KB sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe KB KB SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe KB KB SqlWb exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn VSShell Common IDE SqlWb exe KB KB taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe KB KB UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe KB KB UnlockerAssistant exe F Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe KB KB unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe KB KB WinKey exe F Program Files WinKey WinKey exe KB KB wuauclt exe C Windows system wuauclt exe KB KB WZQKPICK EXE F Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE KB KB - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Server Microsoft SQL Server - Intel X Nov Copyright c - Microsoft Corporation Developer Edition on Windows NT Build Service Pack - - Server c Microsoft Corporation - - Server All rights reserved - - Server Server process ID is - - Server Authentication mode is WINDOWS-ONLY - - Server Logging SQL Server messages in file C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL LOG ERRORLOG - - Server This instance of SQL Server last reported using a process ID of at PM local AM UTC This is an informational message only no user action is required - - Server Registry startup parameters - - Server -d C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL DATA master mdf - - Server -e C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL LOG ERRORLOG - - Server -l C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL DATA mastlog ldf - - Server SQL Server is starting at normal priority base This is an informational message only No user action is required - - Server Detected CPUs This is an informational message no user action is required - - Server Using dynamic lock allocation Initial allocation of Lock blocks and Lock Owner blocks per node This is an informational message only No user action is required - - Server A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-connection-due-to-a-screwed-network.795183/
Relevancy 41.28%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 41.28%

Trying to print to a network printer. I know it works fine on the local computer. But I can't print from my computer.

---------------------------
Printer Properties
The 'Dell Photo AIO Printer 922' printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properties will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now?
Yes No

But that's incorrect. The drivers are installed, because I have the same model AIO printer installed locally.

Relevancy 41.28%

my son presented me with the above error message on his laptop about 2 hours ago, at first i thought it was the result of a virus, but after googling it the results pointed to the Lenovo forums and all the talk was about hdd crashes.

i can get a new identical replacement hdd for about $100 and shipped within 3-4 working days, but my real issue is as follows.

how do i go about getting the original windows 8 OS onto the new hdd, is it possible to download it from the microsoft site and put it on a bootable flashdrive.

thanks in advance.

A:EFI Network 0 IPv6 (28-D2-44-D0-2A-8F) boot failed

Originally Posted by Angus94

how do i go about getting the original windows 8 OS onto the new hdd, is it possible to download it from the microsoft site and put it on a bootable flashdrive.

How to download and clean install Windows 8.1 if you have an OEM computer with UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8/8.1 product key. -> link

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71294-efi-network-0-ipv6-28-d2-44-d0-2a-8f-boot-failed.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, here is my issue. Have a peer-to-peer environment at work. All XP machines except a new one that came loaded with Vista Home. Have 2 networked printers both are Samsung ML-2550 printers.

Problem is every time I try to install them on the Vista machine I get a "not enough memory error"

This machine has 1G of ram and I stopped the pre-fetch program and still no go.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I went to Samsung's support page and there are drivers for Vista, one is a GDI, one is PCL, and the other is Post Script. I don't think any of these will help with the network driver issue but please prove me wrong.

Any ideas are appreciated.

THX

LegalAdmin

A:Failed Network Printer Driver Install

Are these printers hooked directly to a computer or to a print server? If you have them hooked to a print server, plug in to the computer directly, and install to LPT1 or the USB port, once this is done hook the printer to the print server, and change to port in the printer properties.

If you are hooking them directly to the computer, make sure that printer sharing is turned off while installing.

Start with the PCL6 printer driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106031/failed-network-printer-driver-install/
Relevancy 40.85%

I m running windows server as a domain contoller on my company s network Workstations are RPC between on workstations network failed and access other error running xp pro All of a sudden we are unable to print to worstation A s network printer from any other workstation on the network We get the error message quot RPC server is unavailable quot Strangely enough we can still print to workstation A s printer from the server including remote terminal sessions on the server We are also unable to access files on workstation A s network drives from other workstations on the network We get the message quot workstation A my documents is not accessible RPC error and other failed access between workstations on network You may not have permission to use this network resource The network path was not found quot However we can access the files as normal from our server including remote terminal sessions on the server I checked the RPC service on workstation A and it is running It RPC error and other failed access between workstations on network s also running on all the other workstations and the server I m assuming something has gotten corrupted on workstation A but I have no idea where to look or how to fix it Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rpc-error-and-other-failed-access-between-workstations-on-network.1010528/
Relevancy 40.85%

these are some of them messages I'm currently getting when using Eudora to check my email everything was working fine until I ran AdwCleaner attached is the log file AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Ultimate Service Pack x Username pc - PC-PC Running from C downloads adwcleaner exe Option Cleaning Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Users pc AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions fkjlohfdjcjhmfcabomglnciodlnplhk Files Shortcuts Scheduled tasks Registry Web browsers - C Users pc AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data Search Provider Deleted aol com - C Users pc AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data Search Provider Deleted ask com Winsock settings cleared EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - bytes AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Ultimate Service Pack x Username pc - PC-PC Running from C Users pc Desktop bleepingComputer adwcleaner exe Option Cleaning Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Users pc AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions Failed, Error reading network SSL from Negotiation elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil Files - File SSL Negotiation Failed, Error reading from network Deleted SSL Negotiation Failed, Error reading from network C Users pc AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Extension Settings elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil DLLs Shortcuts Scheduled tasks Registry Web browsers - C Users pc AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Secure Preferences Extension Deleted elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil Tracing keys removed Winsock settings cleared EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner C txt - bytes could winsock settings cleared cause the problem SSL Negotiation Failed, Error reading from network I'm currently having I'm not sure where to post this message so I thought I would start with here thank you

A:SSL Negotiation Failed, Error reading from network

It looks like it primarily removed the Chrome extension "Video Downloader professional", which looks a bit fishy to me.

If the fixes it applied to Winsock broke anything, I would suspect you would have bigger issues such as not being able to connect to the web at all typically.

There is a chance you could be infected, but for starters, you can try this link from a Google Group about the same reported issue.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/GZKakF9KDvM/ixr3rUAXWQ4J

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604133/ssl-negotiation-failed-error-reading-from-network/
Relevancy 40.85%

I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong forum. I debated putting this into the system and security forum but I didn't know if it would fit.

Whenever I try to download any form of media, lately I am constantly confronted with a "failed - network error" message. I have run Trend Micro and Malwarebytes, and it has come up with alerting me I still have remnants of the Trovi virus in my Chrome preferences. I got rid of the Trovi, but it is still there, even after multiple quarantined and quarantined to deletes.

I have tried resetting my setting to factory setting on Chrome, but I still get this issue.

My question is; how do I get rid of this? If I uninstall and reinstall Chrome will that get rid of it? Or will it still be in my settings once I do?

Thanks for your help.

A:Chrome assistance - failed network error

Try booting into safe mode, and performing the Virus scans.

Where are you downloading the media from? I wondering if they are infected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/343387-chrome-assistance-failed-network-error.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys I m running an amd ghz with megs of ram and windows xp sp Heres the problem in as much detail as i can give I know alot of people are having problems with the Network Connections folder since sp came out and alot of people are trying to fix em so here goes First up after installing sp i can start Network Connections Service to failed no longer seeing ANYTHING in the network connections folder The following is the error i receive only if you refresh the window quot The Network Connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network Network Connections Service failed to start adapters on your machine Please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running on your machine quot Before completing the steps below in the microsoft support website the network connections folder would quot hang quot or quot think quot for ages and THEN show me nothing The Network connections service is set to manual Log on is set to Network Connections Service failed to start local account and quot let this service interact with desktop quot is checked The service isn t started but if i try and start it manually Network Connections Service failed to start i get this error - gt quot Could not start the Network Connections service on local computer Error The Specified module could not be found quot If i try and check the dependencies of the service i get this error - gt even though i know it relys on RPC quot Service Dependencies Interface Class Not Registered quot said problem is apparently quot fixed quot by completing the steps outlined in - gt apparently i m not allowed to put urls in here so i think the support is called quot How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server and in Windows XP quot and the article is quot quot i did these steps Step Done my nic is working fine every service BUT Network Connections starts as explained above and are verified c regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll first are reg d but the third is NOT detailing this error - gt quot RegSvr LoadLibrary quot netman dll quot failed - The Specified Module could not be found quot and done without problems i double click on computers and the dcom thing closes mighty quick wtf so i cant do that step doesn t apply to me NO icons are there doesnt apply doesn t do diddly squat doesn t apply yeh i dont really understand wtf they re on about on this one doesnt seem to do anything atall most likely fixed my quot hanging quot problem not sure and i have the lastest driver for my nic via windows update oh yeh and btw ipconfig does not start because of THIS error ipconfig exe - unable to locate Component This application has failed to start because WZCSAPI DLL was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem there it is i would really ReAllY REALLY appreciate some help here Thx in advance Chris nbsp

A:Network Connections Service failed to start

i was gettng a problem exactly the same as this, but when i typed in ipconfig, i got an error stating that there was a problem with a dll register poing in wmi.dll, i did a search for wmi.dll on another machine, it was locatein in the c:\windows\system32 folder, copied it over and my problems went away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-service-failed-to-start.349397/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey there I've encountered a problem when connecting my laptop to my Xbox recently it 360 IP for network Xbox No (Failed Address) access no longer allows any connection to the network I use an Ethernet cable to connect them No network access for Xbox 360 (Failed IP Address) and often No network access for Xbox 360 (Failed IP Address) use it to then watch videos or play music from my No network access for Xbox 360 (Failed IP Address) laptop to my Xbox with either the default Xbox 'System Video Player' or Windows Media Center and have been doing so for quite a while though it's suddenly no longer working As far as I can tell so far the problem arose straight after my laptop updated through Windows Update though I'm unable to use System Restore I've tried everything I could think of to fix the problem diagnosing it disabling it then enabling it once more configuring the Ethernet cable - everything but nothing seems to be working When I use the 'Test PC Connection' on my Xbox it fails while trying to connect to the actual network and when I click 'More Info' I get quot IP Address Error quot telling me to unplug the router modem for seconds but that hasn't worked I've seen other threads similar to this before where people tell them to manually set the IP address and such but I don't know how to do it on my Xbox or on my laptop I have no idea what the Subnet Mask or Gateway Address would be so I'm completely befuddled Also in the Network and Sharing Center the network for my Xbox comes up as 'Unidentified network' 'Public network' and says 'No Internet Access' but it always says that anyway When I open up the status of the Local Area Connection for the Ethernet cable Xbox it says 'IPv connectivity No Internet Access' but it also says 'IPv connectivity No network access' I just can't quite figure out what to do especially since it worked before If anyone can provide some assistance it'd be greatly appreciated Also if you require screenshots of things or such I'll provide 'em I just aren't sure what I need to provide Edit Also I forgot to mention my Firewall's been turned off too so it's not like that's getting in the way of the connection as far as I'm aware

A:No network access for Xbox 360 (Failed IP Address)

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you tried moving the ethernet cable coming from the Xbox the router's ethernet port? I would also suggest trying a different ethernet cable if you have not tried this yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305799-no-network-access-xbox-360-failed-ip-address.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I lost my internet access I have a Dimension version service pack intel pentium ghz mb ram w xp professional intel pro ve belkin router which also connects to both of my sons pc's which are working properly terayon tj modem and I use mozilla firefox and IE as well as windows messenger yahoo etc I have tried numerous obvious things network internet / adapter access lost failed and then some to straighten out this problem to no avail Microsoft Windows XP lost internet access / network adapter failed Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PETESDELL Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - - -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Monday January PM C Documents and Settings Owner gt Can anyone please help

A:lost internet access / network adapter failed

Have you tried ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew?

You may have a malware infection. Follow the steps HERE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-internet-access-network-adapter-failed-202195.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Searching the site found no results for me with reference to Max Failed Network Solved: Start Driver to Packet my titled issue Several years old desktop with an intel DG FB mobo Dual Core P Wolfdale CPU MB DDR RAM and XP SP OS Wireless connect via Linkys WUSB N to Linksys router Local area connection disabled No internal dust buildup File System kept quot clean quot with CCleaner McAfee AV Max Registry Cleaner Max Spyware Detector Adaware and Malware bytes on a regular basis Hard drive not in need of defragmenting Computer resides in an air Solved: Max Network Packet Driver Failed to Start conditioned environment away from any high energy equipment recent issues that have been occurring for the past months that are not absolutely critical but extremely annoying Boot up is slow Seems to pause several times for up to minutes before completing the boot Then runs normally When a CD BD drive is opened internet connectivity is lost for a few seconds until reacquired after notifications When running a processor intensive program unattended for several hours I find that the computer has rebooted itself prior to my return I have checked for loose connections reset the RAM modules ran memory and hard drive tests all OK Heat sinks in place and all fans operational CPU cooling fan is set for quot agressive quot in BIOS Looking at the event log I find a suspicious series of errors occurring more often than I think it should I can think of no way better than to attach a series of jpegs to depict this series of errors for your perusal Please bear with me as while I am not a complete novice I am by no means an expert Jpeg is a screen print of the latest event log I am concentrating on the last entries starting from the bottom and working up The accompanying jpegs are screen prints of the explanation of the associated error events counting from the bottom of jpeg s list Error enry from the bottom and the following consecutive error entries on the log are all the same namely the title of this thread quot Max Network Packet Driver Failed to Start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified quot Then the service is started Please take a look and see if you can determine what could be wrong with my system Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Max Network Packet Driver Failed to Start

Took a lot of effort on my own, but able to copy a file in the Windows program files, Maxnpf.sys, to the Windows/system32 file. Seems to be working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-max-network-packet-driver-failed-to-start.916648/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there This morning I turned on my PC which was functioning perfectly fine the day before and saw it had a red 'X' on the network connection The Network amp Sharing center said 'The dependency service or group failed to start' quot At this point I uninstalled group 'The 'X' or failed Network - Red dependency service to start' the last program I installed bitcasa Red 'X' Network - 'The dependency service or group failed to start' especially since it was network attached storage in the cloud so I assumed it could be causing problems After a reboot that didn't help I went into services msc and tried to manually start the 'Network List Service' but it threw up the same error with the code I tried to start some of the services that it depends on I think it was the DHCP something but it said quot Error Access Denied quot Furthermore I did some basic troubleshooting stuff which I will cover below and was hit with the error message quot The diagnostics policy service is not running' Here's stuff I tried Malwarebytes scan was clean Basic troubleshooting was useless Uninstalled bitcasa Rebooted SFC Scan came back fine So have you any idea what I can do to fix this Here's a list of things I have compiled that I will attempt when I get home -Safe mode with networking -Uninstall one other suspect program -Turn on all services related to networking or at least attempt to -Re-install motherboard network adaptors drivers Thanks in advance I really need to solve this as quick as possible so unless you superstars have any awesome tricks that can fix this I may just do a fresh install of Windows EDIT I must add Red 'X' Network - 'The dependency service or group failed to start' System restore is not enabled I have an SSD My internet connection works fine for all other PC's in the house Cheers Sheza

A:Red 'X' Network - 'The dependency service or group failed to start'

Hi everyone,

I believe the issue is fixed. I did two things:

1) Typed the commands:
net localgroup administrators localservice /add
net localgroup administrators networkservice /add
exit

Then my internet was restored but the Firewall had been suspiciously disabled, and unable to start.

I ran ComboFix as suggested by other users. And voila, it would appear the internet works and the firewall is running.

Is there anyone that thinks all is not well still, and I should do something else?

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277462-red-x-network-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I have the same problem as service" network windows to no "Failed a and connect to connection described here http www "Failed to connect to a windows service" and no network connection bleepingcomputer com forums topic html In the system tray the messge pops up quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This happens on a Vista laptop Also my AVG virus software gives the error identity protection not active Somehow it cannot be activated though Out of nowhere the network connection stopped working yesterday It does not work via the Ethernet cable either I am also unable to get internet connection via Safe Mode The ipad has the same problem My Windows machine is unaffected Do I have a virus Please find below the results of the toolbox scan I d be grateful for any help Regards Blackredgold MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Christiane administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache Function failed during execution IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set quot Reset IE Proxy Settings quot IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings quot network proxy no proxies on quot quot local quot quot network proxy type quot quot Reset FF Proxy Settings quot Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content gs apple com localhost fr a dfp net m fr a dfp net ad a net asy a ww net abcstats com a abv bg adserver abv bg adv abv bg bimg abv bg ca abv bg www a-counter kiev ua track acclaimnetwork com accuserveadsystem com www accuserveadsystem com achmedia com aconti net secure aconti net www aconti net ads active com There are more lines starting with quot quot IP Configuration Initialization Function InitHelperDll in NSHHTTP DLL failed to start with error code ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Christiane-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - F- C- C- D- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - D- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap lan Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D - E E- -B B-E E A A E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server UnKnown Address NULL Unable to initialize Windows Sockets interface error code Server UnKnown Address NULL Unable to initialize Windows Sockets interface error code Server UnKnown Address NULL Unable to initialize Windows Sockets interface error code Unable to initialize Windows Sockets interface error code Installed Programs Update for Microsoft Office KB Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Version Adobe Flash Player Plugin Version Adobe Photoshop Elements Version ... Read more

A:"Failed to connect to a windows service" and no network connection

Click on startmenu and typecmdRight click on it and select run as administrator and run this commandnetsh winsock resetRestart the PC and let me know if it restores the internet connection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473078/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-and-no-network-connection/
Relevancy 40.42%

Have a brand new Epson Workforce printer- really nice all the bells and whistles and I got it cheap bucks At first it was great have the drivers installed on two computers and they both worked fine and prints came out fast and to print has (network) failed document Printer- Solved: clear Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network) over my home network wirelessly Both computers have XP one being Home SP and the other being Media Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network) Center SP Well all of a sudden my Home computer just stopped printing and the Media Center one works fine Every time I try to print a file on my Home computer no matter what file big or small it will always bring up the Epson print status window and say pages and the bar will not fill After a few moments I get a bubble from the task tray that says quot This document failed to print quot I bring up the event manager by clicking that bubble and it says quot Error-Printing quot under Status The trouble shooting options have not helped me one bit nor have Google searches yielded any relevant results I have updated all my drivers reinstalled them and updated them and everything checks out fine- the printer connects and is ready to print and scan- my printer has a bar connection and is connected to the correct network and everything yet it still will not print from this computer This is very infuriating as every printer I have ever owned has given me loads of trouble The College Humor video quot Your Printer is a Brat quot describes everything perfectly Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I just finished performing my Winows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7. Under windows 7 I was connected to my home network using two NIC 1GB cards bridged together. After the upgrade I find that I don't have internet access because I have no connectivity. This lack of connectivity is reported as:

One or more network protocols are missing from this computer

What caused this? How do I fix it without internet? What else is broken?

Thank you.

J Leavitt

A:Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols

Your either going to have to go to your mother board manufacturer or Lan card manufacturer's web site and download them. You could also try some or all of the solution's on this thread
One or more network protocols are missing, solution

As for the One or more network protocols are missing from this computer message I think there is a bug in Windows 10 and at this point in time you can't get rid of it but your network card will work.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/43791-windows-10-upgrade-failed-install-network-protocols.html
Relevancy 40.42%

In order to have access to my company's system I was given a copy of Cisco VPN 4.6.03 to install on my NEW windows xp pro w/ media center home computer - without the support of IT.

On the install it gave 2 errors - both deterministic network enhancer errors -
one said add plugin failed, the other said remove plugin failed.

It does appear to have loaded the software. However I cannot get a connection.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

I have been having some problems with Media Players which I have only just started to use (such as media failed reports, no device found).  In trying to identify the cause I have come up with the following: 'Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service failed to start  Error 1068' and 'Media streaming is not turned on' and from the Troubleshooter 'Configuration settings might be set incorrectly ---- reset default WMP settings'.

Can anyone give me advice on how to correct this?

Also, I am going to have to re-learn about codecs.  Firstly, if a codec is installed on a PC is it accessible to any Media Player or do they have to be installed / attached to a particular Player?  And I have heard that some codec packs on the web are malware, to be avoided. 

clayto

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578383/media-players-network-sharing-service-failed/
Relevancy 40.42%

Upgraded a Dell Dimension Desktop PC to windows couple of weeks ago Everything was working fine for the couple of weeks but needed a new video card to support aero in Windows I installed an asus GS video card and booted up Screen was almost unreadable with lines the computer became unstable and rebooted in safe mode I turned off the computer uninstalled the asus and rebooted video network access install No after card failed with No network access after failed video card install the old mother board video cable Everything was fine except the No network access after failed video card install network would not connect to my router anymore I tried rebooting several times modem then router then PC If I connect the same cable into another PC it works fine After looking through multiple forums I have also tried assigning a static IP resetting the TCP IP stack uninstalling reinstalling the network card driver and reinstalling windows Still nothing There may have been errors in some of those processes so I m happy to repeat any with instructions Router is a D-Link DIR- Modem is an Arris TM G IP config all Results as follows Windows IP Configuration Host Name NeslundDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - - -B - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef f adff d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D -CF- E- - - - -B - F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FCB DD - E - D - AF - A D B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

A:No network access after failed video card install

Have you checked device manager to see if any problems show? Is the network adapter listed?

Uninstall your Network card then reboot you omputer to reinstall it.

Other option would be go to the computer manufaturer's support site using another computer, download the network cards drivers to a USB stick, transfer them to the problem computer, then installthem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-access-after-failed-video-card-install.891918/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have just finished re-installing windows xp updates and all software etc I was starting to run ERD Commander and whilst it was checking the network connections the following message came up quot Failed to install network adapter check network check to WINBOM Failed adapter install WINBOM quot the only option was to click ok and then I quit the program I did not make any changes now my pc will not re-boot to windows XP all I get a the screen asking me Failed to install network adapter check WINBOM to either quot start windows normally quot quot start windows with last known good configuration quot or to start in the various quot safe modes quot I have tried all the options on offer and the only one that works is safe mode with network I have googled quot Failed to install network adapter check WINBOM quot and have not found anything that is understandable one comment was made about having to quot install the network adapter quot is that correct if so how do I find that and how do I do it sorry I am not very tech minded when it comes to that sort of thing nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

vista won,t start up after installing panda internet security 2009.I get a message saying windows explorer has encountered a problem. .If i restart it's okay but it,s getting boring.Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-vista-start-up-338583.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Sirs, I am working on a friends computer which has windows vista home edition running very slowly. Checking automatic updates, a lot of them have failed, mixed with a few successful updates going back 2 years. SP1 is listed as failed yet the system properties say SP1 was running. I have downloaded all updates on auto update successfully, but when the important update for SP2 was down loaded, it is listed in recent updates as failed.Yet again the system properties say it is running
sp2, and the computer is quicker,ie. there seems to be no duplication of instruction on internet as there were before. Can I assume that vista sp2 is running successfully, although listed as failed in update hisory? Also is 512Mb enough ram to run vista successfully?

A:Vista SP2 failed update

You should update the system RAM to 2GB at the very least... Download and run Advanced SystemCare free and free Malwarebytes. Tell us what you discover

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-sp2-failed-update.136750/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello there...

im getting this message everytime i try and start up my laptop:

Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.

i really dont want to reboot my computer and loose all my files

ive read this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/592971-vista-refuses-boot-2.html

the last two posts say:

letsgetsilly

I got it to work. I updated my bios, no change.

Changed my first hard drive to LBA mode (from Auto) and it boots.

Good luck.Click to expand...

and..

jgruberman

For those that stumble onto this thread looking for a resolution like I did:

Boot to your Vista DVD, open a command prompt from the repair options, and type bootrec.exe /FixBootClick to expand...

how do i do this?

A:Boot Failed! (Vista)

Insert your Vista installation disk into CD drive, and reboot PC, eventually it should say something like "Press any key to boot from CD", then press any key, wait till it loads, and open repair thing, then type that thing. If it won't give that boot option, you might need to go to BIOS, and set first boot device as CD ROM, and 2nd HHD0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-failed-vista.882219/
Relevancy 40.42%

when ever i reboot it takes me two reboots to boot in to vista. The first time it doesn't boot in to vista it goes to a black screen, i do a restart by holding down the power and then select to start from the last good configuration. I recently switched my hard drive to a different sata port on my mobo i don't know if that's the problem. Thanks for helping.

A:vista failed to start

Hello Vista_32bit.

There's one way to find out, put the SATA cable back where it was; why did you change it to start with; I'll bet you a doughnut that's the problem.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229971-vista-failed-start.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I attempted to upgrade my Vista Ultimate x64 to Win 7 Ultimate x64 yesterday and the upgrade process failed.

The install rolled back to my Vista install and all is good, but I really want to upgrade to 7 (and not do a clean install)

Can anyone help me out with how to diagnose what may have gone wrong with the upgrade? Is there an install log file somewhere that I can have a look at to discover the problem?

I think I may know the source of the problem, but would like to confirm it before moving forward.

The upgrade did tell me that my Silicon Image RAID controller may not work properly after the upgrade. But I don't have any drives connected to it. My system drive is a RAID 0 array on my Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID controller.

Any and all help is appreciated!

A:Vista Ult x64 -> Win 7 Ult x64 upgrade failed

Quote: Originally Posted by SailingNut

I attempted to upgrade my Vista Ultimate x64 to Win 7 Ultimate x64 yesterday and the upgrade process failed.

The install rolled back to my Vista install and all is good, but I really want to upgrade to 7 (and not do a clean install)

Can anyone help me out with how to diagnose what may have gone wrong with the upgrade? Is there an install log file somewhere that I can have a look at to discover the problem?

I think I may know the source of the problem, but would like to confirm it before moving forward.

The upgrade did tell me that my Silicon Image RAID controller may not work properly after the upgrade. But I don't have any drives connected to it. My system drive is a RAID 0 array on my Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID controller.

Any and all help is appreciated!

SN

You may want to find out if there are win 7 64bit drivers for the controller. If there arent you can use the 64bit vista driver by installing it in compatibility mode. You may have to disable the controler while installing win 7 and enabling it after. It may work it may not. Raid and 64 bit especially difficult.

Good Luck

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34791-vista-ult-x64-win-7-ult-x64-upgrade-failed.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've been trying to install SP 1 on Vista Business and I keep getting an error code 802400D and that the installation failed (when I install via Windows Update). When I downloaded SP1 and attempted to install it, I got this message:

An internal error occurred while installing the service pack.

Error code: 0x080070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 for details.

I tried the steps that the Microsoft website suggested, and I still continue to get both messages. Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Failed Vista SP1 Install

I'm having the same problem, which is why I'm here now....

Wish i knew what the problem actually meant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-vista-sp1-install.721476/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
My wife's laptop is an Acer Aspire 3680 running Vista. At present, I am receiving the following error message:
"Setup is insepcting your computer's hardware configuration....
NTDETECT failed"
I have powered the laptop off, removed the battery, waited and then powered up only to receive the same message. I cannot get passed this point. The laptop apparently does not have Recovery CD either.

I attempted to boot to Safe Mode, but it wanted me to go into the Recovery mode; which I did and it found a few files corrupted. It appeared to be "repairing" those files (or so I thought...). Now it is in an endless loop always giving me the above NTDETECT failed error.

I need assistance please!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ntdetect-failed-using-vista-315168.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Folks,

My Dell xps with Vista started to hang on the desktop(mouse stopped responding and pale screen) and I tried to use my dvd to restore it, I can't boot into any mode now and can't get back to the desktop, it says I'm missing 0x800700002 if that makes any sense, am I stuffed?

Relevancy 40.42%

i had a vista update that failed. i tryed system restore and there arent any restore points. what do i do?

Relevancy 40.42%

i did an update in vista that failed. do i need a recovery disk? there are no restore points listed.
thank you

A:Failed Vista update. Please help!!!!

the computer is in safe mode and vista service pack one wont run. what recovery disk do I need?

thank you!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-vista-update-please-help.989087/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi folks I am in a bit of a mess I had Windows XP and wanted to install Vista I downloaded and used the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor which gave me the - upgrade Vista failed please help nod I bought a Vista Home Premium upgrade DVD from PC World and did the upgrade install using the product key Everything went well until it tried to start up for the first time and it crashed tried to start and crash tried to start and crash again and again I restarted Vista upgrade failed - please help the installation this time using a clean install without the product key from the same dvd It worked fine So I tried to activate online and I wasn t allowed to as I was trying to activate a clean install using an upgrade dvd After a bit of online research I decided to try the upgrade install again using the key but it failed and rolled back to the previous version of windows which in my case is the unable to activate clean installed version I have tried to do more upgrade installations since all with the same result I m stuck I can t install via the upgrade route and am lumbered with the unable to activate clean installed version What can Vista upgrade failed - please help I do Please help nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey there, I have a system we are working on that has Vista Home Premium 32bit, currently with SP1 installed. We are trying to put SP2 on it, we have tried a regular install and it fails, rolls back and lets you try again. We have tried a standalone install same thing. We have cleared the Software Distribution Folder out and done a sfc with the system also. Still have not been able to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

~Robert

A:Vista SP2 Update Failed

Try this...Go Start>Run (Start Search in Vista), type in:msconfigClick OK (hit Enter in Vista).Click on Startup tab.Click Disable allIMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.Click Services tab.Put checkmark in Hide all Microsoft servicesClick Disable all.Click OK.Restart computer in Normal Mode.NOTE. If you use different firewall, than Windows firewall, turn Windows firewall on, just for this test, since your regular firewall won't be running.If you use Windows firewall, you're fine.Now, try to install SP2.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334869/vista-sp2-update-failed/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an HP Pavilion dv4 VISTA HOME PREMIUM and as security MSERT, MS ESSENTIALS, AVG FREE, SUPERantispyware and all have given me a clean health report.
My problem came to light when FIREFOX couldn't access ANY Google servers and I had to use CHROME or IE to get there. I reset FIREFOX and got a shortcut folder "OLD FIREFOX DATA" which I admittedly don't know how to add to FIREFOX.
It was suggested to me to RESTORE and I tried numerous times each with an earlier date and all have failed stating:
"RESTORE HAS FAILED FOR AN UNSPECIFIED REASON".
I have plenty of free space and no viruses, defrag and disc clean-up went well. I am lost and really need some help with this because if I really have to use RESTORE it's' not going to be there for me to use effectively when I DO need it !!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298761-failed-vista-restore.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello there I started to upgrade my Acer Aspire laptop this morning with the Windows Ultimate upgrade I ran the Failed from Vista upgrade upgrade advisor prior to doing this and it said there would be no conflicts I started the upgrade and everything was going fine Right as I was about to Failed upgrade from Vista put in my product key the computer restarted and right after the BIOS splash screen the screen became black with a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner I tried booting from the upgrade disk and doing the startup repair but with no success I can access the disk if I boot from the DVD drive but if I boot from the HDD it stays frozen on the black screen with the cursor Please help me resolve this issue I would love to just continue with the upgrade and not have to do a clean install I was so anxious to upgrade that I didn t even back up my work files I should have known better and Failed upgrade from Vista I really cannot afford to lose them Failed upgrade from Vista Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Failed upgrade from Vista

Boot into safe mode and see if you can uninstall the video driver...not sure what will happen as your install actually never finshed,,so you may not be able to boot safe mode,but its worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-upgrade-from-vista.874478/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys

I am stuck

I installed vista ultimate over my xp pro and it was incredably slow. I tried to re-intsall the xp pro again, and the install stopped partway through and came back with FATAL ERROR ACCESS DENIED. Installation failed D:/i386\asms. Error message: Access Denied.

A am now stuck at this screen. I have tried numerous restarts and I keep ending up at the same point. Can I somehow make a boot disc to keep it from reaching this point. I have everything backed up, so it is not a problem if I have to wipe the drive clean to fix this problem.

ANY SUGGESTIONS

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 40.42%

hi all i am trying to install fresh copy opf vista on acer inspire 6530 ,, i did go well and then when i start the laptop it would go to activation page to activate the micrsoft i put the keys but it does not work when i try to choose optioin call the microsoft to activate over the phone ,, it should show me the registration key so i can provide it to the caller but it does not show any number on screen>?? so i treid to reinstall it at sometime message comes installtion cannot be compeleted plesase start over to attempt to install again i press ok it keeps coming same thing,, please help anyone i need to install fresh vista please
thanks

Relevancy 39.99%

The vista machine connected via wire to the FIOS actiontec router can see and access the vista laptop but not vice versa. However, when I bring up the network map from the laptop network/sharing center full network, i do see the desktop but when I click on the network from the start menu, I do not see it? Why different and how can I make it work?

Thanks Patti

Also, using McAfee but both machines can be seen in the mcafee network map.

A:2 Vista Machines not networking - Shows in Network Map but doesn't show in Network

A good place to start would be to reference this MS article to ensure all of your clients are configured correctly...

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

I would be interested to hear back if any of the topics listed addresses your specific problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266695-2-vista-machines-not-networking-shows-network-map-but-doesnt-show-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello MicroSoft tech crew I know my issue is not something new to you there start or Unknown failed to Network: service group / dependency The are earlier posts with similar to identical problems to mine For a whole day I tried everything I could find on the internet to fix my issue but nothing seemed to work I cannot connect to the internet My network and sharing center displays the following instead of the map Unknown The dependency service or group failed to start I am running windows Professional -bit I used ESET NOD as antivirus I uninstalled it the day this issue appeared I have no restore point Any other computer or device can successfully connect to my router Re-installing a fresh copy of windows is not an option These are the solutions I tried and didn't work nbsp I tried restarting the router minute power-off nbsp I HAVE reinstalled my drivers for both LAN and WAN network cards at least twice each I nbsp ran the following commands in CMD as administrator over times successfully followed by reboot sfc scannow netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset netsh int ip reset reset log hit I have checked the following in the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet servicel NlaSvc has always had full control and read permissions for both SYSTEM and Administrators I replaced my nlasvc dll file from C Windows Network: Unknown / The dependency service or group failed to start System with one from another computer and set TrustedInstaller as its owner Booting in Safe mode with networking does not change this situation These are some of my services Note that I turned some of those from Manual to Automatic COM Event System Automatic Started Computer browser Automatic Started DHCP Client Automatic Stopped When I attempt to start this service I get this error message nbsp quot Windows could not start the DHCP Client Service on Local Computer quot nbsp quot Error Element not found quot Dependencies Network Store Interface Service Automatic Started DNS Client Automatic started Network Connections Automatic Started Network Location Awareness Automatic Stopped When I attempt to start this service I get this error message nbsp quot Windows could not start the Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer quot nbsp quot Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Dependencies Network Store Interface Service Automatic Started Remote Procedure Call and all it depends on Automatic Started Remote Procedure Call RPC As stated above Automatic Started Server Automatic Stopped When I attempt to start this service I get this error message nbsp quot Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer quot nbsp quot Error The request is not supported quot Dependencies Security Accounts Manager and the RPC Automatic Started TCP IP Netbios helper Automatic Started Wireless Zero Configuration XP Nonexistent WLAN AutoConfig Automatic Started Workstation Automatic Started Also my ipconfig all looks very strange I am not allowed to post pictures yet but this is the image on skydrive server cid FA AC EAF amp id FA AC EAF

A:Network: Unknown / The dependency service or group failed to start

Hi,

I'm sorry for your system reinstall. Here is a KB about your problem, you can refer to the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328
Hope this could help in the future.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/14c31e97-e455-4ae0-b8ae-59fb5e41ae48/network-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have recently found a computer in a skip SCORE! It works and all but I want to get internet and when I open the network and sharing center it says "The dependency service or group has failed to start" I found this post
http://http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130159-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
and followed the advice given but I encountered several differences in the problem.

When I tried sfc scan and ipconfig I got these results.
When I looked at services these ones weren't started.
DHPC Client: said, error 5: access denied
Network Location Awareness: came up with this error message
Please help I am a poor student and cannot afford to buy new OS .

A:Network Problem: The Dependency service or group failed to start.

Hi zac and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Please check your computer's Device Manager and locate Network Adapters then see if there's any symbol - ? X or ! on it.

If everything looks good in your Device Manager, you might want to run Check Disk

Quote:
Open the "Computer" window
Right-click on the drive in question
Select the "Tools" tab
In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229838-network-problem-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I have been using windows pro for a while All of the sudden lately my wifi just stopped working and windows can no longer find my wifi adapter and therefore has switched my latptop to Airplane mode with no possibility of disabling it I tried some of the fix out there but with no solution However this is where the problem seems to be In my wlan report i have this WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network AND This a wireless connect network AutoConfig failed service WLAN to to is my full wlan report How to make windows recognize my wifi adapter again Code Top Wlan Report Summary The driver disconnected while associating Thu Nov GMT Greenwich Standard Time Connection mode Automatic connection with a profile Profile UseFaithGroup SSID UseFaithGroup Report Info WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network Report created - - T Z Report duration days General System Info ComputerName MAX System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Product Name Satellite P BIOS Date BIOS Version OS Build amd fre rs release inmarket - Machine Id BBD C- F- A- E B-AD DF AA MDM joined False User Info Username Max User Domain MAX User DNS Domain Unknown Network Adapters Device WAN Miniport PPPOE PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS PPPOEMINIPORT Guid C A -CDC - E - E - A CD FA C Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport PPTP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS PPTPMINIPORT Guid AE -E C - C-AD - ADA EACE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IKEv PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS AGILEVPNMINIPORT Guid B - AA - D E- B D- A A Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller PNP ID PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FC amp REV amp A amp amp E Guid EB E - A E- -BBC - A B A B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Microsoft ISATAP Adapter PNP ID SWD IP TUNNEL VBUS ISATAP Guid D EDFA- A- AE -AE A-F E B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter PNP ID ROOT KDNIC Guid B - - - AD - ACAB Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x b Device RAS Async Adapter PNP ID SW EEAB -C - D -B B- FC E ASYNCMAC Guid CB E D -C A - EA - -FEBF ACFE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport Network Monitor PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANBH Guid B C -E BA- C C-AFEE-EBAD FD E B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANIP Guid F ADDB- B D- B-A D- A D E Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport SSTP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS SSTPMINIPORT Guid BE E B- - B - -CB D B D Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IPv PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANIPV Guid B - F - F- A - B B BE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport L TP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS L TPMINIPORT Guid EBB DA - FC- A- B -B F C Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card PNP ID USB VID D amp PID C amp MI amp CD AF amp amp Guid D F - B - EE -A E- C E E Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Script Output Output for 'ipconfig all' Windows IP Configuration Host Name Max Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D F - B - EE -A E- C E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- F-DC DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69562-wlan-autoconfig-service-failed-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have read with interest the tutitorial post (The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.) and some of the reponses. My situation is slightly different. We have a new Vista laptop running Business version on corporate network. The local machine admin account and my network adm account work just fine, but whenever I attempt to log into the box as anyone else using their network account I get the User Profile Service message. There are no accounts to delete in the registry other than the two which work. I have not tried System Restore but will attempt that once I post this. How do I get the User Profile to recognize valid network accounts and create new accounts on the computer? I have not seen this issue on any of the forums I have visited.

Thanks
jim

A:User Profile Service failed the logon for Corporate Network

Assuming this is on an AD network and AD is enabled, see if your settings are either timing out before it can get credentials from the AD server and trying to use a non existent cached (local) profile, or else see if it is set to use local profiles only (which, AFAICT is shouldn't if you are indeed joined to the AD network, but stranger things have happened).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/178077-user-profile-service-failed-logon-corporate-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all Here is now and installed can't boot SP1 failed Vista my sad story I tried to install SP on Ultimate bit and it seemed to work -- got to configuring of then it said it failed and it proceeded to quot revert changes quot After this I re-booted and the SP1 installed failed and now can't boot Vista Desktop came up but because I had to disable all startup items and Microsoft services before I tried to install I wanted to restore all this so I clicked SP1 installed failed and now can't boot Vista quot Normal startup quot in MSCONFIG I re-booted and now Vista won't boot The screen is dark for a couple seconds and the system re-boots to the BIOS screen I have tried to use the Recovery DVD which is OEM and issue the quot repair option quot but it doesn't recognize Vista even after I load the drivers for the hard disk hopwever when I go to the command prompt I can see the windows directory and issuing a quot bootrec scanos quot returns c windows About the only option that will work on the repair menu is quot SP1 installed failed and now can't boot Vista repair quot I have not tried this yet Does this quot fix quot it or just return the system to factory Vista Anyway I was hoping to be able to fix the boot problem without a re-install Jordan Krim

A:SP1 installed failed and now can't boot Vista

Hi jkrim, welcome to the vista forums,

if you have a look at the tutorial here this will explain the process for you,

if you post back with any specific questions before you go ahead I'm sure someone will be able to help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/183959-sp1-installed-failed-now-cant-boot-vista.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I have a laptop that Hardrive? Failed Vista/7 Issue? Or had Windows Vista installed I noticed it was becoming really slow Failed Hardrive? Or Vista/7 Issue? at proccessing and I had tried everything so I installed Windows After the installation the computer restarted and I was able to work with windows for about an hour but then I went to restart it again because I installed Microsoft Office but as the computer booted up it took me to Windows System Repair utility It scanned for problems and and then it said attempting repairs for over HOURS After that I gave up I wiped my hardrive using ERD and Re-installed Windows Vista After Vista booted up same thing happened I restarted it and it took me too System Repair I waited a full day this time and then i Failed Hardrive? Or Vista/7 Issue? wiped it again I'm currently doing a Pass Disk Wipe just to get rid of any problems I had I don't believe it's a hardrive failure because It wipes and installes windows fine I'm using and Intel BIOS and all the settings are factory preset Do I need to change anything there And Should I just go back to good ole' XP or Is there settings I can change in Windows I really don't like vista

A:Failed Hardrive? Or Vista/7 Issue?

Hi Pizzadudebsy,

Is it possible for you to remove the Hard disk and connect back? if yes, kindly do it. If no, just leave it.

Do you have any other partition in the Hard Disk? If yes, than delete the partition by taking the backup of all the data into any other external Hard Disk or any other storage device.

Is encrypted enabled in the bootable Hard Disk? If yes try to disable it.

Check the BIOS setting for the boot menu options and change the 1st boot order to Hard Disk and second boot option Optical drive.

Now, try to install the windows 7 in the system. After restarting if it goes to the startup repair options than select command prompt and follow the below steps.

1.Choose "Command Prompt" in order to run the desired utility which is called "bootsect.exe".

2.Bootsect is located inside the boot folder so change your directory to boot. (for eg. X: drive to C: drive by the command c: hit enter where X: drive is Optical device drive)

3.Now run "bootsect /nt60 C:\" if you had Win 7 initially installed in the C partition.

4.Alternatively, you can run "bootsect /nt60 SYS" or "bootsect /nt60 ALL" to repair the system partition or all partitions.

5.Eject the DVD, and restart computer.

6.Your computer should now boot Win 7 again.

Let us know this works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-hardrive-or-vista-7-issue-507379.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am sure this subject has come up before, I've done a search but cannot find what I was looking for.
I seem to remember someone on here saying if you have a failed Windows update which you hid to stop Vista keep telling you to update, if you go to 'show hidden updates' check and highlight it plus doing something else that I cannot remember it offers you 3 options on right clicking instead of the two and the third one allows you to install it.
I know this sounds crazy but I am sure it was on this forum. I am so mad I did not make a proper note of it at the time because I did what was suggested and it worked. I do hope someone will remember.
You might guess I have three of the ten latest updates that just won't succeed hence my post.
Ron.

A:[SOLVED] Failed updates Vista

Go to Windows Update. Click on Show Hidden Updates on the Left. Select the update that you want to install, and then click Restore. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Windows will automatically check for updates, and then prompt you to install the update that you restored and any new updates that might be available.

If you have an Office Update that Fails, you must have access to the Office Install folder or CD that it was installed from when updating. If you installed it from a Network Share and no longer have access to that share or the drive letter has changed you will not be able to update it. If any other Windows Updates fail you can do a search for the specific file and downloaded it manually.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-failed-updates-vista-384257.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I tried to install W7 onto a disk that had windows vista the installation failed so now I can't log back into Vista as it has created a windows.old/windows folder. Anyone able to tell me how to fix this so I can get back to using Vista

A:Recover Vista after a failed w7 install

How to restore a Windows 7-based computer to a previous Windows installation by using the Windows.old folder

If that fails then follow these same steps as for a Clean Reinstall Windows 7.
Vista ISO - Download and Create Installation DVD or USB

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376105-recover-vista-after-failed-w7-install.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all,

I have some failed updates in my update history on windows Vista. Although the updates report that they are failed, they are in my list of installed updates. You are not allowed to delete critical updates on windows vista, but i want to delete these critical updates as the installation of them has failed.

Anyone got any ideas how I delete them off so I can go back to windows update and try again to install them successfully?

Thanks

A:Can't delete failed updates Vista

When you bring up the Update History I thought there was a link at the top you could click to troubleshoot and un-install any updates that are causing problems, have you tried that ?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/216155-cant-delete-failed-updates-vista.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I tried to upgrade from Vista to windows 7 rtm,
everything was OK but when it start to open desktop for a first time, taskbar start to crash and reapear, it is like constantly refreshing, and it is impossible to open any program cause it shuts down immedieatly,
and taskbar and desktop continue to "refresh".
that is happening also in safe mode, only much slower.

windows doesnt repport any error, and also repair option said it does not detect any problem... ?

does anybody have similar experience, and how to solve it?

A:Failed upgrade from Vista to windows 7 rtm ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Boulder

I tried to upgrade from Vista to windows 7 rtm,
everything was OK but when it start to open desktop for a first time, taskbar start to crash and reapear, it is like constantly refreshing, and it is impossible to open any program cause it shuts down immedieatly,
and taskbar and desktop continue to "refresh".
that is happening also in safe mode, only much slower.

windows doesnt repport any error, and also repair option said it does not detect any problem... ?

does anybody have similar experience, and how to solve it?

No, but you're not alone

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19880-failed-upgrade-vista-windows-7-rtm.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Attempting to upgrade from Vista to Windows RC and everytime I near completion of setup I get an BSOD with the following errors - - Error Number of Enumerated Devices gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x to Windows Upgrade Vista Failed 7 from - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed Failed Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 to find driver Failed Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Number of Enumerated Devices gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Number of Enumerated Devices gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Number of Enumerated Devices gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error ffffffffx gle x - - Error Failed to find driver file path Error x gle x - - Error Failed... Read more

A:Failed Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7

Ok,

First I'd try a couple things before going and re-doing some of your hard work you've put in already:

Clean the disc. Try to install a fresh copy on a seperate partition, it might just not be possible to do the upgrade function, since your current Vista partition might be hosed, which is common.

Next, try re-downloading, and re-burning the ISO. Nero works best, but there are other good programs out there. Although, I would recommend the USB method overtop all else. There is alot less data-loss when you move the files to a drive, then burning to a DVD. If a large enough thumb drive isent possible for you at the moment, my second choice is a DVD-RW, it has a higher data-retention rate, becuase the data-writer can fix mistakes as it burns. It's also what M$ uses to test the DVD-burn-then-install scenerios.

Let us know how the above goes.

-D

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12824-failed-upgrade-vista-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Update for Windows Vista KB955430 failed.
Code 800F0825
1. Should I ignore it (computer is working well)?
2. If I should act on it, suggestions on what to do are welcome.
Thanks.

A:Windows Vista update failed

First try this suggestion:Error Code 800F0825

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/256345-windows-vista-update-failed.html
Relevancy 39.99%

A free Microsoft tool is available for download, designed to resolve failed installations of the second service pack for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Labeled the System Update Readiness Tool, the utility comes in handy in various scenarios when updates can no longer be integrated on top of Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 SP1. An illustrative example of a glitch end users might stumble upon is a failed install of either Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2009 SP2 accompanied by the following error code: 80070490.

More -
Vista SP2 Failed Installations Fix Tool Available - Resolve code 80070490 errors - Softpedia

A:Vista SP2 Failed Installations Fix Tool Available.

Just a note though that it does not fix every issue. If something has wiped out the Windows Update service then it will not even start let alone fix things. Found that out the hard way.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/258461-vista-sp2-failed-installations-fix-tool-available.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Update for Windows (KB938371)
will not install, windows 32 bit...any ideas?

Relevancy 39.99%

So hte windows vista install failed... I tried to install it on a logical partition i created..... was working then on the first reboot it brought up the go to windows setup or previous version page... automatically went to the setup.. screen went black... now i restart and choose previous.... but now everytime i reboot i get that screen how do i get rid of it?

A:Wnidows Vista Install Failed

It's the bootloader, and it's placed on your previous partition.

Choosing "An earlier version of Windows" should boot up to XP, and "Microsoft Windows" is Vista. When you choose Vista, the screen will go black just give it like five minutes because it usually takes a while on the first start-up (and even on subsequent start-ups).

If it still doesn't work, then to get rid of the bootloader you have to fix the MBR. Put in your original XP CD and then press R when the welcome screen comes up to enter the recovery console. If it asks you which installation of Windows to enter, input 1. It will then ask you for the administrator password. Try your current password. If that doesn't work, then just leave it blank and hit enter. Once you are at the prompt, type fixboot and hit Y.

Once you restart it should automatically boot to XP. Then just delete the folder C:/boot and the bootloader will be gone.

If you don't have the original disks, see this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;307654&spid=1173&sid=216

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wnidows-vista-install-failed.477767/
Relevancy 39.99%

I ran req. burner min. test DVD failed Vista System Requirements Lab to test my computer running Vista Ultimate x It passed all hardware amp software requirements tested except for my DVD burner and gave my system a failing grade because of it Seems to make sense to me since I ve had a lot of problems running games that have been freezing and crashing BSOD I m not sure if it might be other issues causing these problems i e GPU changing OP system to DVD burner failed Vista min. req. test Vista Oc ing CPU or over heating So apperantely it s telling me I need to upgrade my DVD burner NEC DVD RW ND - A ATA Device approx yrs old so I thought to start there If this is the case I would DVD burner failed Vista min. req. test be looking to replace it with a good quality DVD burner and would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations that would be compatible with Vista x Thxxxxxx MySys E GHz ASUS P W DH Deluxe FOXCONN GTX OC GB Corsair DDR PC - OCZ GameXstream w PSU Zalman CNPS WD Raptor G WD G SATA LG widescreen LCD Logitech Z- Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Saitek Eclipse G Laser Vista Ultimate x nbsp

A:DVD burner failed Vista min. req. test

A 4 year-old burner needs to be replaced. Any new combo burner will work fine under Vista. You can spend as little as $30 for a simple CD/DVD burner or as much as $300 for Blu-Ray compatiblity. It's your choice. Make sure you have installed all the Vista updates too. There are some 50 or 60 at this time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-failed-vista-min-req-test.99244/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have windows vista home pre edition however my computer says I am connected to the net but I can not browse as it says it's failed or page has error etc. Can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-internet-browsing-failed-449934.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hello I have a packard bell Easynote laptop Failed Updates Vista Repeated about months after i got it i started getting failed updates particularly Vista security updates and cista updates the first failed update was quot windows Repeated Failed Vista Updates vista sercice pack KB with error code ever since then it has been a downwars spiral When i turned off the computer it always tried to install the updates but the it wen to quot updates not configured correctly reverting changes quot or something to that tune This got incredibly annoying and time consuming so i had to end up disabling microsoft update which i didnt particularly like doing The real changed happened about months after i bought my computer when the security update for windows vista KB failed error code where almost all the updates started to fail Any suggestions on how to fix my updates Im concerned about the security updates failing as i do not have any protection other than windows Repeated Failed Vista Updates defender looking into getting norton but would that have anything to do with this as ive only really have had a trail version of it which lasted a couple months Any help appreciated thanks in advice

A:Repeated Failed Vista Updates

and welcome to the Forum

If you have no AntiVirus, there is no telling what you may be infected with.

Suggest you need help with cleaning out malware, please follow the instructions here, and post the logs in a new thread in the malware removal section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/repeated-failed-vista-updates-465164.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All. Tried to install the latest windows update ( Windows Vista Home Pro ) this morning. ( SQL Server or something like that ) It failed to install ( several attempts ) There is one of two things I'd like to do : delete the download so I can let it download again, ( I have satellite internet and there are some clouds and rain that may have affected the download ) or I'd like to hide the update so it won't keep nagging me to install it. Ideally I'd like to delete and redownload it. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Failed Windows Vista update

In the control panel open up windows update. in the left pane Click on Change settings, you can uncheck notification. It is not recommended to do that because it is to easy to forget to check for updates and you might miss a critical one. The best way is to delete the file in the registry, and re-install it.
Regards,
Gil777t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-windows-vista-update.908788/
Relevancy 39.99%

So recently I was on my gf computer and noticed she had some updates she could use on her computer which included the SP update So I went through the process trying to update her computer and it has been a disaster and have had many problems and seem to have tried everything She has a Dell inspiron and has no CD s and no key for her Vista program I burned a Vista Recovery disc and tried trouble shooting using that but Vista failed SP1 update problems haven t had much luck When I use the startup repair it doesn t do anything at all So I tried using the system restore with the Description of quot Install Windows Vista Service Pack quot It had a restore point that saved right before I tried updating it to SP Each time I choose that method it goes though the whole process then at the end it says quot System restore Vista SP1 failed update problems did not complete successfully Your Vista SP1 failed update problems computer s system file and setting were not changed quot then it begins to list the details with the error code x AA and then gives me the option to close or quot Run System Restore quot again which is a never ending loop because I just end up with the same error each time Has anyone else had this problem and troubleshoot me through it I don t want to reinstall windows because that seems just ridiculous and besides that she has many pictures on her computer and I don t want to get rid of those If you need more information please let me know and ill provide everything that i can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sp1-failed-update-problems.963168/
Relevancy 39.99%

My hp b laptop is not booting I noticed when vista short not failed booting- DST i run diagnostic test The test keeps failing The error displayed vista not booting- short DST failed is Short DST -failed and then the following error code is displayed- OSMP F-GFX BD-XD XGJ- OQLO I know that prior to this time I had tried to install the driver of a new printer but finally cancelled the installation because it required the driver and I didn amp t have it because the printer belongs to my relative and he wasn amp t available at the time vista not booting- short DST failed I can t afford to run HP recovery because i have information that i can not afford to lose on it I am unable to log in as a system administrator because the system keeps telling me i have the wrong password when i know i do My system did not come with a windows installer cd I have tried to create a booting cd and changing the booting order on the bios of my system but i notice that cd booting does not excist in the core booting options I have also tried to create a booting USB but in creating that one of the steps is that you copy files from a windows installer CD I have tried to create the windows installer cd but it didn t work I noticed that when i put in the USB without completing the installation my system attempted to boot from the USB but was unable to because all the files required were not available nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Operating system specs Dell Deminsion Windows Vista Bit Operating system My problem is this I boot my PC system and it begins to populate the Vista programs and Icons and tool bars and so forth I get an error message that says application failed to initialize properly error x Sometimes instead of the message popping up on the screen I will find it in the tool bar and it says msn on the face before I click to open it I am running Firefox but I don t think that has anything to do with it because once I close the error message everything runs good for awhile then I might see the error pop up a few more times or if I reboot the system I tried to run the system recovery but I found out that the system has never been backed up I also 0x0000022 Application Vista Failed tried to run the utilities CD and the Vistas but they Vista Application Failed 0x0000022 would not run automatically I don t have enough experience to run a system recovery from the command prompt What can I do to remedy this issue nbsp

A:Vista Application Failed 0x0000022

Click Start then in the search bar type msconfig and hit Enter. Then under the Startup tab, disable all programs except your antivirus. Then reboot and see if the error occurs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-application-failed-0x0000022.929906/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I'm not sure if this is a Windows with Connectivity Vista failed Internet Vista issue or not but since I'm unfamiliar with Vista I'm not sure where to look to try and fix it Anyway here's my story We have computers on Internet Connectivity failed with Vista a nice little home network-- all hardwired working fine and life was good a week ago there was a lightning storm and my daughter left her computer Internet Connectivity failed with Vista on Since the storm she cannot connect to the internet at all The rest of us are having no problems whatsoever I checked the router and cable and using a laptop connecting it in her room Internet Connectivity failed with Vista with her cable made sure that there was no problem at that end so the only thing I am certain that the problem resides in her computer The computer is fairly new months old At one point it show's quot limited connectivity quot but doesn't seem to recognize anything I tried restoring her computer to a date prior to the storm and that didn't help at all I tried all the quot diagnostics quot and quot repair quot options but the computer also doesn't seen to see that it is connected at all It may be that the storm was just a coincidence of timing and had nothing to do with her loss of connectivity since there doesn't seem to be any other problems with it Usually I can figure these things out but short of reinstalling Windows I don't know where to start on this Any help at all would be most appreciated

A:Internet Connectivity failed with Vista

It sounds like it's just coincidence that it happened when the storm happened.
Because af a power surge is going to bust a computer, it has to be pretty strong to get through a surge protector. If it did get through a surge protector, then the surge wouldn't just damage one little piece of hardware out of all of the compuyter, it would probably destroy the whole computer. But this could be a rare case.

That's odd that it would say limited or no connectivity if you are using ethernet, i normally only see that in wireless connections...

Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults and just plain resetting it? also try hooking the the ehternet cable that goes from your daughter's computer to the router into a different spot on the router. Let's say an office computer is plugged into port 1 on the router.
and a personal computer is plugged into port 2.
try pluggin he office one into 2 and the perosnal one into 1.

If this does't work,
Go to command prompt, and type
PING localhost
PING yahoo.com
also try
TRACERT google.com

paste your results from command prompt in the next post.
regardless of whether the PINGs and the TRACERT work at all, type in
IPconfig/all
into command prompt and paste your results. Also tell me if these IPconfig/all results are from when the computer had limited connectivity or not connected.

hope it helps!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-connectivity-failed-with-vista-264930.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Vista updated last week. Shortly after i notice most of my desktop icons are funky with that weird picture on them, the Windows Can't open file, picture.

Can't update any programs manually. Can't USE CONTROL PANEL functions, such as RESTORE, ADD/Remove programs. when you try to access things at teh Control panel, the "Page failed to Load" pops up on a blank white page.

MS has a FIX, but you NEED TO ACCESS THE COMMAND PROMPT to do so, AND I CAN'T DO SO.........
HELP.....

I need this puter to be stable as I need it to take the bar exam WITH IT in a few weeks.
Slitting my wrists my be an option, however.........

A:Vista: "page failed to load"

Have you tried system Restore or safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234064/vista-page-failed-to-load/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi years ago I bought an Acer Vista restore.. 'not legitimate', failed Aspire with Vista pre-installed Worked normal for years Vista 'not legitimate', failed restore.. got SP And then suddenly when starting Vista 'not legitimate', failed restore.. up I read this is not a legitimate version of Windows must activate today Since then I chose 'activate later' each time apparently without much nuisance first Other problems appeared then USB-ports not working asking for formatting recently ukash virus and last week a new start-up issue each time check of C 'problems with quot quot eliminated from segment ' I had Microsoft support on the phone I gave the licence code and she said that with this kind of pre-install activation takes place in the BIOS she couldn't help me further She refered me to Acer I phoned Acer bringing up the BIOS option But that helpdesk asked me to perform Alt- at start to enter eRocevy aiming at restoring standard settings Loading starts and despite an error referring to the harddrive it seemed to work Restart configuration but then installation cannot be finished unable to install on physical harddrive so instead of a laptop with some issues it is now out of order - gt What can I check or do in the BIOS - gt Or are hardware issues likely

A:Vista 'not legitimate', failed restore..

You are infected with a Ransom Virus! Try Rebooting in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 button as soon as you see your OEM Acer Logo select "Safe Mode With Networking" in the option Screen. Log-on see if the message appears again. If or if not Proceed
to the "Virus Help" link in my signature. Follow all instructions then proceed to the next step by keeping your posts and logs in the "Virus/Trojans/Spyware" portion of TSF.

Also a little info on a varient of a ransom virus source wiki

Non-encrypting ransomware
In August 2010, Russian authorities arrested ten individuals had been connected to WinLock, a ransomware which displayed pornographic images and asked users to send a premium-rate text message costing around US$10 to receive a code which can unlock their machines. The scam hit a large number of users across Russia and neighboring countries?reportedly earning the group over US$16 million. Unlike the previous Gpcode worms, WinLock did not use encryption, using a more trivial process of simply requiring an activation code.[9][20]
In 2011, a strain of ransomware surfaced that informed users that a system's Windows installation would have to be re-activated due to "[being a] victim of fraud" or an internal error. An online activation option is shown (like the actual Windows activation process), but it is unavailable, requiring the user to call one of six international numbers to input a 6-digit code. While the malware claimed that this call would be free, it was routed through a rogue operator in a country with high international phone rates, who placed the call on hold, causing the user to incur large long distance charges.[10]

Do not call any of the phone numbers! Proceed to the Virus Help link above or in my signature. Follow all the instructions they provide you. When you get a clean bill of health come back here and we will fix your activation issue if it is still present.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-not-legitimate-failed-restore-668984.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I got a new PC with Vista Home Premium installed and started updating windows and installing programs, but about half of the updates downloaded but failed to install.

Windows update says that the PC is up to date even though in the update history lots of the updates say failed under status. In installed updates the successful ones are listed are expected.

How can I install the many updates that failed as they are important?

I tried stopping the windows update service and renaming the Sofware Distribution file in the Windows folder but that did not work - all that happened is that the update history list was cleared.

I also tried a fix on another website using the cmd console but it just said access denied - the shift-ctrl-enter would not work!

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Vista Updates Failed To Install

Just though I'd add that I am using windows firewall and AVG antivirus.

Also got ad-aware 2008, spybot S&D and a-squared free installed if it's relevant.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156202/vista-updates-failed-to-install/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Guys,

have anyone of you encounter a senario whereby when you plug in your external harddisk to your lappy and your lappy is able to detect it
but during transferring of files into the external harddisk, it always failed halfway during the transferring process.
The error states that the lappy is unable to find the external harddisk source and then later on it will auto play my external harddisk again. This process keeps continuing whenever I want to save a file into my external harddisk.

The external harddisk works well with my main lappy which is using a vista home premium but not my 2nd lappy which is using a vista home basic.

Hope you guys can help...

Thanks alot!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/148009-vista-failed-my-external-harddisk.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey all This is a very strange problem and I have been unsuccessful in Googling it searching it here Go figure the words quot network quot and quot disconnect quot bring up a lot of irrelevant hits and no amount of search engine math could solve it On my Vista laptop Home Premium I wirelessly connect through a router I also have an XP Pro "kills" (crashes?) Vista network Network screen machine that is hardwired in I am trying to set up file sharing between the two Vista Network screen "kills" (crashes?) network On my Vista machine every time I go to the quot Network quot page Start gt Network to view shared folders I get disconnected from my network The icon in the tray takes several seconds to update but I immediately cannot access web pages etc The stranger thing is that my desktop loses its network connection too although there is no tray icon that says so The various lights on the router all indicate that things are normal Restarting the router does not fix the problem - even if I exit the Network page then restart the router there is only a connection for a few seconds before it is lost again I have to restart my laptop and then restart my router I KNOW that it is something to do with this Network page I will have a perfect connection for days and then when I click Network it stops working I am computer literate though admittedly less so when it comes to advanced networking but I do not have even a clue as to what could be going on Any thoughts Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256038/vista-network-screen-kills-crashes-network/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am looking to connect a laptop running vista to a network printer. The printer is connected to my desktop running XP. My laptop with xp has no problem printing to it. I cant seem to get the vista laptop to work. When i attempt to add the printer to the vista laptop..it seems to identify it, but it's connection is denied. Is this a firewall issue? Is this a driver issue?

I also can't seem to connect this vista laptop to the network for file sharing etc. Maybe the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Connecting Vista Laptop to network and network printer

have a read here
PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006/12/windows-xp-and-vista-on-lan-together.html

and here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/664992-print-vista-laptop-shared-printer.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-vista-laptop-to-network-and-network-printer.953766/
Relevancy 39.56%

My home network has several componants DSL down up and wireless down up My windows xp computer is connected to the wireless vista ultimate is connected to DSL but both are part of my home network and I am able to share files This part is fine it is hard wired My laptop xp pro wireless or hard wired sees the home hidden network is Vista a my wireless network says home network all is good Problem my tablet vista premium can Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network only connect to wireless down wirelessly is not able to share files Not part of home network file sharing and discovery are on It will connect to home network hard cable and share files when I get thwwat part figured out It is a member of home network Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network How do I correct this Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network problem I am using a DSL modem to a monowall router with wireless to switches through out the house The wireless signal from a different provider Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network through a meg I think anttena also goes to the mono wall router Monowall router is working correctly at least hard wired The purpose of a wireless home network is to sorry be wireless and able to move around and share files Sorry if it is confusing I had it all working with xp Vista is a problem that I have not figured out yet Help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/181414-vista-says-my-home-network-wireless-hidden-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a sony vaio running windows vista home premium My local area adapter is Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Connection Although the ethernet cable is plugged in I cannot connect to the internet I am in a college dorm and have tried connecting the laptop to others cables who are not having connection problems Yet my computer still cannot connect Note My computer was NOT having issues a few days ago and had been working fine for a couple of weeks Since then I haven t changed any settings etc etc I have updated the driver for the Marvell Yukon adapter which hasn t rectified the problem I have also tried resetting the winsock catalog I forget the exact name of the commands but there was two of them I typed in using the command prompt Both were completed successfully but did not solve the problem Network Can't the Adapter Network Error- to Connect Vista I have also compared my settings with another recent Marvell Yukon adapter in IPv and IPv with a friend s computer to verify that the same options are selected and they are identical Both Vista Network Adapter Error- Can't Connect to the Network are set up to get automatically assigned IP addresses The exact message Vista Network Adapter Error- Can't Connect to the Network I get when trying to diagnose and repair the local connection is quot Plug cable into the Network Adapter Local Area Connection quot The computer is very new within the past few months and I ve done basic searches of the registry and startup files to see if anything nasty had managed to get in although I would expect much worse problems if that were the case and I haven t found anything Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated If there s another thread somewhere with this problem that I missed while searching the site I apologize for the double topic Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

The netbook is brand new typical out-of-the-box but stopped working after connecting fine to hotspots for over a month It could not connect to any of the Downtown Alliance hotspots would either not connect or get Limited access Then it disconnected before the second session in a wholly functional hotspot Then it begun failing to connect in all other hotspots where there was no problem before but did not fail right away Then it begun recognizing working connections and Other Network Other Network often repeated FINALLY it just does not detect connections at all This second laptop has not failed in over six months but had a stint at not connecting while connecting at Downtown Alliance hotspot once I have no direct cable access I can work though this netbook with low memory but need the other more powerful netbook for internet or is a waste of time Only way to communicate both is through USB sticks I need a solution to fix the non working Atheros AR B adapter card netbook through USB only card finally Other Solved: failed, Network Atheros Acer detecting sticks while connecting using this netbook nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Atheros card finally failed, detecting Other Network only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-atheros-card-finally-failed-detecting-other-network-only.1063326/