Windows Support Forum

Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed

Q: Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed

Hi all I need a lesson in Needed Settings 101 Lesson Virtual Memory Virtual Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed Memory please Was just checking performance and ended up at Virtual Memory Had a couple of programs fail recently I do not necessary think it is my system but rather glitches in the two applications themselves as was the case with compatibility between the latest versions of Firefox and Java Still think it's wise to check performance every so often After reading several posts on the Forum I'm still not sure what I should do if anything Have two questions Can you please take a look and offer some guidance Some Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed info below on my computer Please let me know if I need to provide anything additional OS Vista -bit Home Premium GB hard drive GB Ram I have three drives quot C quot where the system is quot D quot where back up is - never touch this quot K quot docs and gaming programs Question Is quot real quot memory the same as quot physical quot memory I believe it is If so then I have GB - correct Under System Properties Advanced System says C MB space available D MB space available K MB space available Paging file is on quot C quot NOTE I do have the system managing the memory currently System further says Min allowed MB Recommended MB Currently allocated MB Question Given the recommendation of MB above should I custom set the Virtual Memory And if so do I need to do this for each drive Thank you all in advance for your assistance Meltie

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed

Hi Meltie
Found this very good article on virtual memory. It should answer most of your questions
Virtual Memory - How To Information | eHow.com

RAM is known as real memory it is not the virtual memory. You have 7gb of real/physical memory.
Real and physical memory are the same.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5002446_wh...-computer.html
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/p/physmemo.htm

Additional Information and how to set virtual memory.
NB. The default setting is usually best for most users. There are very few users that will need to change the default setting.
Introduction to virtual memory and how much virtual memory you need for your system

If you are not receiving error notices about low virtual memory, just leave the defaults. Little mentioned fact, the larger the page file (virutal memory) slower the computer performance. Bottom line, no problems leave the memory alone.

Just some additional information, I have been working with computers since Windows 98. Other than minor tweaks, I have never made any changes unless circumstances required. I never changed virtual memory, overclocked etc and my computer works great.
On the other hand many members have come here with problems, only to find the cause to be some elaborate tweak they made that was not necessary.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290326-virtual-memory-settings-lesson-101-needed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs.

I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives.

Now the computer performance is amazing, everything responds properly but now I'm getting error messages of low memory and getting crashes. A few minutes ago the computer crashed to a black screeen.

Here are the values I have right now in Virtual Memory, what else should I do to stop these crashes? I already tried a few different values but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions?

Proccessor AMD 6300

GPU Ati Radeon 7790

8GB DDR3

Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61848-crashes-low-memory-warnings-after-changing-virtual-memory-settings.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My boy's desktop has a low memory warning problem that is a little different than some of the other threads I've read here.  He gets the warning when he plays SWTOR.  Task manager shows about 290 MB of memory in use during play with no leaking.  He has an SSD as the system drive with 140 GB free out of about 240 GB.  After going on the Microsoft boards, I tried to fix the problem by resetting the virtual memory settings to "automatically size paging file" and even a custom setting but the settings won't save following a restart and it always comes back saying that no virtual memory has been allocated.  The PC runs Win8 32 bit with a Core DUO E8400 and 4GB of RAM on the MB.  I'd be grateful for any suggestions/help.

A:Win8 Low Memory - Virtual Memory Settings Not Saving

Try to defrag your hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505962/win8-low-memory-virtual-memory-settings-not-saving/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello

I was wondering what were the best virtual memory setting for my PC. I have 2 hard drives an 80GB (Primary) and a 20GB Slave with 1Gb of Ram. What is the best way to tweak it so i get the best performance out of my system?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Samuel Blagbrough

A:Virtual memory settings?

This should help you out: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/virtual-memory3.htm

Click in the drop down box to choose what questions you want to know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-settings.257239/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Guys

It used to be that you would set the virtual memory at 2 1/2 times the amount of physical RAM. But, with RAM being so cheap and most machines having 'gobs' of memory, what is a good standard for setting virtual memory limits?
Lymponus

A:Virtual Memory Settings

I hear if you have 512 or higher in WinXp you can disabled the paging file and you should see an improvement.

Hwoever I tried this and though I did see a speed increase, I ran out of resources alot faster...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-settings.298129/
Relevancy 71.38%

Does anyone have any suggested settings for the Virtual memory.
In the setting page the; "Automatically manage paging file size" is checked,
if you uncheck it, you can then customize the Initial and Max size.

Anyone have experience with this and what the benefits might be ?

I'm thinking this may help my freezing and hangups, that I get from time to time.

Here is my system info.

Vista home premium - service pack 2
Intel (R) CPU 2160 @1.8 Ghz 1.8 ghz
Memory 3.0 GB
32 bit

A:Virtual memory settings

If it where me, I'd say 1 gb minimum and 2 gb max. Windows by default sets it for 1.5 times your physical ram or in your case 4.5 gb. I'm sure that's way more than you need and it's a lot of space taken up.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293706-virtual-memory-settings.html
Relevancy 71.38%

ive got 640MB of RAM, i know that if you set them both the same then there is no file paging, but if i wanted paging, then what settings would i use??

?

Relevancy 71.38%

What is the best setting for virtual memory for my computer? I see conflicting advice from Microsoft, other sites.

Windows XP
Four years old
Service Pack 3
256 RAM
No games, just basic Microsoft programs and Kaspersky.

Now set for custom size. Initial size is 256 and maximum size is 384.

Some websites say to use "System managed size."

total paging size area says:
Recommended 381.
Currently allocated: 286.

I have a screen shot, and I think I inserted it as an attachment. We'll see!

Also, I tried turning off XP graphics to speed things up, but missed some of the graphics, so turned it back on.

Thanks so much.

A:Best settings for virtual memory

I usually would use something like 768-1024 thats plenty. I think on my desktop I have it set 1024-2024 but Its only using around 700mb's. I have 2gb's of system ram. how much do you have installed? your virtual ram is used when your system ram gets full so it turns to the hard drive to swap whatever needs swapped out this is much slower if you have a secondary drive I would put the paging file on it instead of your Operating system drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/best-settings-for-virtual-memory-372612.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have 3 GB RAM. What number should I set my virtual memory to for maximum performance?

Fred

A:Virtual Memory Settings

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the forum,

The questions and answers from Yahoo, may shed some light on your question

How much virtual memory for 3 GB RAM? - Yahoo! Answers

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269132-virtual-memory-settings.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I have been using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit for an year now, and recently noticed that the "Currently Allocated" virtual memoy is 3063 Mb, while the "Recommended" VM is 4594 Mb. I have 3 Gb physical memory installed. Even after I check the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" option, the VM remains 3063 Mb. What should be the optimal VM setting in Win'7 for me to derive the best performance from my PC ? Please advise.

A:Virtual Memory - optimized settings

Quote:
How Big Should I Make the Paging File?

Perhaps one of the most commonly asked questions related to virtual memory is, how big should I make the paging file? There’s no end of ridiculous advice out on the web and in the newsstand magazines that cover Windows, and even Microsoft has published misleading recommendations. Almost all the suggestions are based on multiplying RAM size by some factor, with common values being 1.2, 1.5 and 2. Now that you understand the role that the paging file plays in defining a system’s commit limit and how processes contribute to the commit charge, you’re well positioned to see how useless such formulas truly are.

Since the commit limit sets an upper bound on how much private and pagefile-backed virtual memory can be allocated concurrently by running processes, the only way to reasonably size the paging file is to know the maximum total commit charge for the programs you like to have running at the same time. If the commit limit is smaller than that number, your programs won’t be able to allocate the virtual memory they want and will fail to run properly.

So how do you know how much commit charge your workloads require? You might have noticed in the screenshots that Windows tracks that number and Process Explorer shows it: Peak Commit Charge. To optimally size your paging file you should start all the applications you run at the same time, load typical data sets, and then note the commit charge peak (or look at this value after a period of time where you know maximum load was attained). Set the paging file minimum to be that value minus the amount of RAM in your system (if the value is negative, pick a minimum size to permit the kind of crash dump you are configured for). If you want to have some breathing room for potentially large commit demands, set the maximum to double that number.

Read more: Pushing the Limits of Windows: Virtual Memory - Mark's Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/143070-virtual-memory-optimized-settings.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I am looking to increase my virtual memory and cant seam to find the settings anywhere... any help???

I use vista ultimate x64

A:How do I increase my virtual memory settings

Originally Posted by kamikazev4

I am looking to increase my virtual memory and cant seam to find the settings anywhere... any help???

I use vista ultimate x64

Control Panel -> System and Maint -> System ->
" Advanced Systems Setting" tab -> "Advance" tab -> click on "Settings" under "Performance -> "Advanced" tab -> Change Virtual Memory.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

You can clear the check box to automatically manage paging.
Go to Drive [Volume Label]
Click on Custom Size, select size, click okay, and that's it!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247814-how-do-i-increase-my-virtual-memory-settings.html
Relevancy 70.52%

What should my total paging file size be set to in the lower box it says minimum mb and then Recommended mb and then currently allocated says mb and I balanced this means for all drives individually and if so for one what is currently allocated has not been set yet because I course stem manager size and then checked automatically manage paging file size for all drives advanced settings? virtual memory and v then it said it needed to restart to make these changes and then I noticed the allocated was way higher than the recommended virtual memory advanced settings? so I don't know how to set it back correctly for each drive virtual memory advanced settings? There are drives c set to sudden managed right now space available mb need custom setting amount for initial size box virtual memory advanced settings? and amount for maximum size box Then D ms-dos is set to none right now available space mb do I change that to custom and if so what goes in the initial and maximum size box Then F Toshiba -ext hd set v to system managed right now available space mb again what for informal and maximum size box Finally Z system-drv set to none right now and only mb space available so what to do if any one could please help By the way I am running win home premium bit sp

A:virtual memory advanced settings?

Hello Slade,

You only need to have one page file for Windows, that's best kept on C:.

To reset everything, remove the page file on all drives, restart the PC to clear them, then set your page file to be on the C: drive and be managed by the system.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/323547-virtual-memory-advanced-settings.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am getting messages saying that my" minimum virtual memory is low". Computer is accessing the hard drive a-lot. I would appreciate some advice on how much memory I can safely allocate to virtual memory.

Many Thanks.
GreggG

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-M6BJGG3SD
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model DW256A-ABA SR1030N NA510
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2166 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.05, 4/23/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 91.06 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.35 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Relevancy 69.66%

hi,

what is the command through which i can set the virtual memory in vista....

regards,
sudhir

A:command for Virtual Memory Settings in vista

Can you explain what it is you're trying to do?

Virtual memory is not "settable" per se. The maximum virtual size of a process is always a fixed number, although obviously it's far larger on 64-bit Windows.

I expect you're probably trying to change the pagefile size, and that's accomplished through the "System" applet in the control panel (you can just run sysdm.cpl to get there). Equating the pagefile(s) with virtual memory is technically not correct though - they're not the same thing.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/216990-command-virtual-memory-settings-vista.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently installed new memory into my Toshiba Qosmio Maxed to GB After installing it I wanted to experiment with what I read about how the performance Memory Accessing again Settings Solved: Virtual would increase more if you select quot No Page File quot in the Virtual Memory settings So I did and noticed a vast difference to my satisfaction but decided that I didn t want to disable my event logs so I thought I would go back into the settings and set it to a minimal setting The problem is when I get to the quot Performance Option quot box and click on quot Change quot I get a quot Microsoft Management Console MMC quot message telling me quot MMC has encountered a problem and needs to close quot Now I cannot access the VM settings at all Any suggestions I ve tried quot System Restore quot and the system will not restore to a previous date All I want to be able to do is access the VM settings so I can deselect quot No Page File quot and set the VM to a minimal setting and Solved: Accessing Virtual Memory Settings again still have better performance Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Accessing Virtual Memory Settings again

It`s always worth running anti virus scan to start with if you get something like that happening but you should be able to get to page file (or virtual memory) faily easily using the Win key + Pause-Break, then Advanced / Performace / Advanced.

I know there are various options of what to set the page file at but I`ve never had a problem setting it to `System Managed`.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accessing-virtual-memory-settings-again.988231/
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer is always coming up with a message that says 'windows virtual memory is low' and yet I dont even run that many programs.
granted my computer is old and I should probably buy more memory for it - though i can't afford it - but is there a program or process i should run for my computer to make the most of the memory it has and therefore run more smoothly, and therefore not flash the message 'low on virtual memory' up at me all the time????

A:Help Needed! message saying 'virtual memory is low' keeps coming up.

Read this to help you understand how virtual memory works and what you can do to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-message-saying-virtual-memory-is-low-keeps-coming-up.857748/
Relevancy 68.8%

Just upgraded my memory from GB to GB I don t want to pressure my CPU too much Is it possible to run my computer putting more work Settings. Maximizing Performance/Usage. My Ram Memory Virtual on my memory Maximizing the performance Not really sure what I m asking or saying Also what should my virtual memory total paging file size for all drives be set to I am also wondering what is virtual memory and how would it affect your CPU usage or computer performance in anyway So here s my computer specs right now Processor CPU AMD Phenom tm II N Dual-Core Processor Ghz Each Core Current Memory Crucial GB x GB -Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR PC OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition build -bit Video Card AMD Radeon HD M GB DDR I use my computer for gaming surfing the web running heavy applications like Adobe software s and rendering Maximizing My Ram Performance/Usage. Virtual Memory Settings. videos Thanks And Please Help Leave A Comment I Am A Complete Noob To Computers Sorry nbsp

A:Maximizing My Ram Performance/Usage. Virtual Memory Settings.

RAM usage has nothing to do with cpu usage. Not having enough RAM can cause the HDD/swap file to be used in it's place. CPU usage will be the same either way.

1. Windows/apps will use however much RAM that they need. Unless you have been having issues because of not having enough RAM (which I doubt), upgrading to more is meaningless.

2. Win7 does a good job of managing THE swap file. No reason to make any changes.

3. Virtual memory is used if there isn't enough actual RAM. For the most part, it's hardly used. But it is needed as Windows and many apps require it's presence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/maximizing-my-ram-performance-usage-virtual-memory-settings.1068342/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm having a hard time OCing with this Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, and the 3570K Ivy Bridge. I need something that can display an accurate list of ALL my memory timings. Using several programs either give me too much difference between one or the other to trust, or only the first few (4 to 5) settings. AIDA64 gives me 14 but skips some important ones or at least ones not showing on their list but showing on the mobo's BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeware-memory-timing-settings-app-needed.189280/
Relevancy 53.75%

A device manager wasn't mentioned from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is PNY. Anyone know why it might cause the computer to run on virtual memory? There is a warning box that pulls up reading "out of memory at line:1521". I don't know what I need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-new-memory-card-now-computer-runs-on-virtual-memory.150828/
Relevancy 53.75%

6 months ago,i upgraded memory from the factory installed 64 to 256. It works,etc.

Is there any additional tweaking/ajustments i can do? i read something with virtual memory setting could be done for one thing.

A:After upgrading memory,its works,Virtual memory Tweaking Now?

Unless you have Win95 you likely donít want to go messing with your virtual memory. And even in that case it is the vcache you would be more interested in tweaking. Win98 and higher handles memory well.

If you watch your system monitor and are sure you arenít using your virtual memory you might do the ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 INI tweak. Unless you are doing graphics, video editing or something RAM intensive you likely arenít using the virtual memory and the tweak wonít slow your computer. It doesnít speed it up, it just stops needless writes to the hard drive during idle time. Information if you want to do that: http://www.aumha.org/a/memmgmt.htm

Donít let anyone talk you into Cacheman or any of those Mem/RAM/Turbo/Boost type programs. They were written for Win95 and counterproductive in anything since.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-memory-its-works-virtual-memory-tweaking-now.95736/
Relevancy 52.89%

Everytime I try to play my game and something big happens in it and error message pops up and says that I dont have enough virtual memory.It's not just the game too.Sometimes its the internet or when im doing anything for long periods of time.Now I checked how much memory I had and it says I have about 13 gigabytes.Im sure thats plenty enough.Where can I can more virtual memory or how do I fix it.

It wasent doing this until about last week.

A:Virtual Memory low when I have 13gb of memory left?? HELP!

i think u mean u have 13 GB of hard drive space? if so virtual memory is referring to RAM on ur pc.

how much RAM do u currently have on the computer? if its low, it may be time for an upgrade so u can handle more operations.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-low-when-i-have-13gb-of-memory-left-help-266098.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello A while back I had posted my log and my problem was resolved but I have recently come across another problem My computer's performance has slowly been slowing and now I have had enough I can see the problems when I open task manager and look at the applications Other than the main programs I may be running warning low svchost using virtual memory, memory that I know use a good amount of memory there svchost using memory, low virtual memory warning will be a couple names I am not familiar with like svchost exe and msmgs exe that will be up there in the k region Here's my htj log thanks for all help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS svchost using memory, low virtual memory warning System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C svchost using memory, low virtual memory warning WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C htj HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com r fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir r amp ar msnhome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www alltel net newuser benefits O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Fil... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

my current setting of virtual memory is 745mb which is the default for 500mb i have.

i have a little program that shows memory and virtual memory, i see while in windows about 256 is beeing used in my memory stick and 256 in virtual.

why is the slow virtual memory working before i ran out of good and fast memory stick?

A:virtual memory, why is it beeing used while i still have free memory?

" XP REQUIRES "backing storage" for EVERYTHING it keeps in RAM.
Virtual Memory is always in use.All processess gets virtual memory addresses
(a Virtual Address Space) no matter how much RAM is actually installed on the computer."

"Memory allocation in is a two-step process--virtual memory addresses are reserved first, and committed second...The reservation process is simply a way NT tells the Memory Manager to reserve a block of virtual memory pages to satisfy other memory requests by the process...There are many cases in which an application will want to reserve a large block of its address space for a particular purpose (keeping data in a contiguous block makes the data easy to manage) but might not want to use all of the space."

In other words,that virtual memory to which you refer,is only allocated memory,not necessarily
paged memory.

The thing you really want to know,is the actual pagefile usage.Use this programHERE

Further reading HERE and HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-why-is-it-beeing-used-while-i-still-have-free-memory.52435/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have windows xp machine. There was some virus found on nero s/w. so i have tried to remove it from
pc. It is not removed by giving access error.

1) Now everytime on startup of pc "Incd can not start" Message is coming.

2) When working with two or more programs, it gives message "virtual memory too low". And application
closes abnormally.
here is some error screenshottttttttt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-out-of-memory-lots-of-prbleme-in-xp.763030/
Relevancy 50.74%

Why i don't have C:\pagefile.sys on my computer since when formated? If i change Virtual memory paging file size to minimum size of 4096mb and maximum size of 4096, my physical ram is only 512mb ddr2 400hz. Is it ok or not?

A:query about memory or virtual memory

<<Why i don't have C:\pagefile.sys on my computer since when formated?>>

Is it on a different partition?

<<If i change Virtual memory paging file size to minimum size of 4096mb and maximum size of 4096, my physical ram is only 512mb ddr2 400hz. Is it ok or not?>>

Not sure what "it" refers to.

IMO...users should just let XP manage the pagefile size...I have found no advantage from any other arrangement (and I've tried several).

How much RAM is physically installed in this system?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235864/query-about-memory-or-virtual-memory/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sir
I do have a question?

We have a space in harddisk ,called virtual memory.  In addition to DRAM ,Operating System  uses this  virtual memory to store and run applications. Virtual memory makes up for the need of space required.

I think that the physical memory DRAM is not needed. Virtual memory inside the hard disk is  sufficient. 

By avoiding DRAM we  can save the cost of  physical DRAM. We can also save lot of time that is involved in associating the pages between DRAM and Virtual memory.

Of course , virtual memory provided by the hard disk is slow. But  in current trends we can research , to increase the speed of magnetic drums being used by the harddisk to store data. 

Thanks ,
Ramkumar.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e014619-041a-4ee0-bfc2-f7aa279820a6/virtual-memory-vs-physical-memory?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 50.74%

virtual memory and memory usage i need to know
how to know this 2 perfomances and if we need to otuch something to upgrade memory and best usage for your pc.

Relevancy 50.74%

I was running Outlook AIM and IE at the same After a few moment I d get this following message Your system is low on virtual memory Windows is increasing the size of your Virtual Memory Paging file During this process memory requests for some applications may be denied When I hit OK all my applications would my up is memory Low eats IE Memory - Virtual close except my Outlook I m running Win K with memory My computer is only years old I didn t play any games or download anything so it s not heavily used But why the message then I ran Spybot AdAware and VirusScan just to see if I had any spyware or virus on my computer None I also checked the Processes in Task Manager and I didn t see any suspicious applications running But I noticed Virtual Memory is Low - IE eats up my memory that when I ran IE the memory usage in Task Manager would keep going up significantly eventhough I didn t do anything in Explorer Can somebody tell me what the problem here And perhaps a solution for it Thank you very much nbsp

A:Virtual Memory is Low - IE eats up my memory

Try switching to another browser like Firefox and see if you still have the problem. Are you running the latest version of IE with all the service packs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-is-low-ie-eats-up-my-memory.304785/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am wondering what my computer should be set at for it's best performance as far as memory usage etc.? Do I set it so the system takes care of it or put in my own amounts? Thanks for your help and sorry if this is not in the proper forum!!
DLBerry

A:Memory Usage/Virtual Memory

Just let the system takes care of it. If you have enough physical memory, you really shouldn't need to worry about it. Virtual memory or Page file, is memory that uses your hard drive. When you have a app or apps that uses more memory than you physical have, the system will alocate space on the hard drive for "virtual memory" or Page File. This is when you notice performance lag on your computer, because the hard drive transfers data at a much slower rate than your memory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-usage-virtual-memory-32687.html
Relevancy 50.74%

If I choose to rais the amount of virtual memory the system uses does this meen that the computer will not show as much Physical Memory or not be able to utalize it?

A:Virtual Memory And Physical Memory

Virtual memory is actually not memory. It is simulated memory area on the HDD. When you are using a lot of virtual memory, your system will actually run slower. HDD access is considerably slower than RAM access. The OS will page memory out to the HDD to make more physical memory available to itself or applications, as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-and-physical-memory.838375/
Relevancy 50.74%

virtual memory and memory usage i need to know
how to know this 2 perfomances and if we need to otuch something to upgrade memory and best usage for your pc.

A:virtual memory and memory usage i need to know

virtual memory is hard drive space allocated by your computer for ram that is unavailable or for page swapping. Generally you do not worry about virtual memory. It is a system function. Generally it is set to automatic from windows. With windows XP, 512MB is the minimum to run an acceptably performing computer. 1gb is highly recommended. With Vista 1gb is the minimum, 2gb is recommended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-and-memory-usage-i-need-to-know.88032/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone and happy holiday I hope I am using the right forum to post my request I installed Microsoft Virtual PC on Windows Vista and created machines here are the configuration of the network PC Virtual settings machines Windows Server Domain Controller running Active Directory DNS and DHCP server IP address Default Gateway DNS Only one NIC Virtual PC network settings card and it is Local Only from the Virtual PC Windows Server member Virtual PC network settings server running Routing and Remote access Virtual PC network settings IP address DNS Default Gateway I left this blank This machine has two NIC cards One is Local Only and the second NIC card is from the Host network Windows XP Professional IP address DNS settings is set to be from the DHCP server All the machines are running fine and connected to the network and even I connected them to the Internet through the second server which is the RRAS The problem I am having I can ping all the computers by the IP address but I cannot PING the second server by the name When i ping or try to resolve the names it resolve the name by going to the NIC card from the HOST If I disable the second NIC card I can resolve the DNS problem but once I enabled back I see the same problem happening again Any idea what I did wrong in these settings any help I greatly appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-pc-network-settings.970605/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm sorry for the title description it was the best I could think of lol OK my problem is that the company I work for SMTP please! help needed IIS Virtual use a Virtual SMTP server which runs under IIS We have a number of customers who IIS Virtual SMTP help needed please! are saying they don't receive our emails We've looked in the logs and can see the following - Code - - xx xx xx IIS Virtual SMTP help needed please! xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - lt B F F FAFF D C F EBFF domain local gt Queued mail for delivery SMTP - - - - xx xx xx xx is the IP address of the rd party email server My question is - Where is this quot Queued for delivery quot message coming from Is it OUR email server unable to deliver the email or is it the rd party email server telling us it's received the email but has queued it to delivery it quot internally quot The full conversation is shown below FYI xx xx xx xx rd party email server IP address yy yy yy yy Our email server IP address Code - - yy yy yy yy MPLPRPR SMTPSVC MPLWSPR RCPT - TO lt recipient domain co uk gt SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - RCPT - TO lt recipient domain co uk gt SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - recipient domain co uk SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - EHLO - MPLWSPR domain local SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - -domain co uk Hello yy yy yy yy SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - MAIL - FROM lt sender domain com gt SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - sender domain com Sender OK SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - RCPT - TO lt recipient domain co uk gt SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - recipient domain co uk SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - DATA - - SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - Start mail input end with lt CRLF gt lt CRLF gt SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - lt B F F FAFF D C F EBFF domain local gt Queued mail for delivery SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - QUIT - - SMTP - - - - - - xx xx xx xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC MPLWSPR - - - domain co uk Service closing transmission channel SMTP - - - - Ip addresses have been changed to protect the guilty I mean innocent

A:IIS Virtual SMTP help needed please!

Quote: Originally Posted by badgerfruit

I'm sorry for the title description, it was the best I could think of lol.
OK, my problem is that the company I work for use a Virtual SMTP server which runs under IIS7. We have a number of customers who are saying they don't receive our emails.

We've looked in the logs and can see the following:-

Code:
2010-05-17 15:34:44 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - 250+2.6.0++<[email protected]>+Queued+mail+for+delivery 0 0 84 0 5953 SMTP - - - -
xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the 3rd party email server.

My question is:-
Where is this "Queued for delivery" message coming from?
Is it OUR email server unable to deliver the email or is it the 3rd party email server telling us it's received the email but has queued it to delivery it "internally"?

The full conversation is shown below FYI:

xx.xx.xx.xx = 3rd party email server IP address
yy.yy.yy.yy = Our email server IP address

Code:
2010-05-17 15:34:37 yy.yy.yy.yy MPLPRPR05 SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 10.0.10.13 0 RCPT - +TO:+<[email protected]> 250 0 37 35 0 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 RCPT - TO:<[email protected]> 0 0 4 0 125 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - [email protected]+ 0 0 35 0 172 SMTP - - - -

2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - 220+********************************************************************************************************** 0 0 110 0 31 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 EHLO - MPLWSPR03.domain.local 0 0 4 0 31 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - 250-domain.co.uk+Hello+[yy.yy.yy.yy] 0 0 37 0 78 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 MAIL - FROM:<[email protected]> 0 0 4 0 78 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - [email protected]+OK 0 0 48 0 125 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 RCPT - TO:<[email protected]> 0 0 4 0 125 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - [email protected]+ 0 0 35 0 172 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 DATA - - 0 0 4 0 172 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:37 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - 354+Start+mail+input;+end+with+<CRLF>.<CRLF> 0 0 44 0 219 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:44 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - 250+2.6.0++<[email protected]>+Queued+mail+for+delivery 0 0 84 0 5953 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:44 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 QUIT - - 0 0 4 0 5969 SMTP - - - -
2010-05-17 15:34:44 xx.xx.xx.xx OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MPLWSPR03 - 25 - - 221+2.0.0+domain.co.uk+Service+closing+transmission+channel 0 0 57 0 6047 SMTP - - - -
*Ip addresses have been changed to protect the guilty ... I mean innocent.

From the connect log it looks like (i think ) your server thinks there is no mail to be sent. The other server is simply ack'ing it.

Do any other accounts, users, exhibit this? If no it is local to the machine.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/85768-iis-virtual-smtp-help-needed-please.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been looking at the Surface Pro and other tablet/laptop convertible machines fitted with Win 8. The top-end models usually offer only flash memory in stead of a hard drive. The standard 128 GB flash memory available seems hopelessly inadequate for storing Win 8, a full range of programs and a decent amount of data. Most of these thin, expensive models have only one or two USB ports available. Where must the necessary memory come from? Must an external hard drive be carried along? Nothing wears a USB port out more quickly than a fairly heavy external device such as a hard drive dangling from it in mobile situations.

A:Lack of needed memory on flash memory Win 8 machines

You can add extra storage with SD cards on some of them. It's not ideal but better than nothing I guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/21841-lack-needed-memory-flash-memory-win-8-machines.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have files from an old Windows 95 program that does work with XP. I have them seperated into seperate folders for each of the 4 floppy disks but I do not have a floppy drive in my laptop. How can I create a virtual a: or b: drive on my computer since those are the only 2 options that the program gives me to read the files from. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

Is there a free Virtual Drive program that anyone can recommend?

Ive got Daemon Manager but really can't understand how to use it

A:Virtual Drive Software Needed

Which drive do you want to emulate?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113077/virtual-drive-software-needed/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just installed WinXP and on a number of web sites that I would like to go to, Java is required.

I get the report "We're sorry. Automatic installation of Microsoft Virtual Machine is no longer provided for Microsoft Windows XP" when MS IE6 attempts to auto-download Java.

Does anyone know the "workaround" for this? I have Java "enabled" in Internet Options/Security/Custom Level.

Thanks in advance for your help.

LettuceChat in Florida

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone i have a lenovo x250 and i want to enable intel virtualization technology but my bios don't let me do any change.i have updated my bios to ver 1.24 but nothing changed?if anyone can help me that would be a great.Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-X250-Can-t-change-bios-settings-Virtualization/td-p/3461932
Relevancy 49.02%

My pc at work has just been upgraded and I am now running Win All apps have been migrated or updated to run on Win But there is one legacy app that requires XP or XP Pro The host pc runs version XP Settings> on Prop> Color Display Set Quality Pro Virtual Win and the virtual pc runs XP Pro The help contractor for the legacy software indicates that to run properly the app needs to operate on a higher quality Color display setting The virtual XP device Display Properties gt Settings gt Color Set Display Prop> Settings> Color Quality on Virtual XP Pro Quality allows only the Medium bit setting not the High bit variety My old pc was cloned and copied to create the new one So the only difference is that the old pc Host was XP Pro with the virtual also running XP Pro while the new pc Host runs Win and it's virtual runs XP Pro I've read through and tried several search results but can't find a solution How can I change my virtual XP Pro from -bit color to -bit color The legacy app works as a stand-alone and also provides a VBA Add-In for Excel The app itself functions just fine but it's the Excel Add-in that I rely on most

A:Set Display Prop> Settings> Color Quality on Virtual XP Pro

I'm not familiar with virtual systems...but did you install the proper drivers for XP?  Without the graphics drivers, I would expect what it seems that you describe, the default Windows XP graphics driver.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585260/set-display-prop-settings-color-quality-on-virtual-xp-pro/
Relevancy 49.02%

i get these messages with an ! stating that my virtually memory is low and windows will fix it.... well how do i fix it and please instrust me as to how to do it because i really don't know how and i don't understand what that means

A:re: virtual memory is low

Here's a link that should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=308417

If you need more assistance please ask.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-virtual-memory-is-low.222699/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all! Can anyone tell me how can i have the optimum virtual memory in my system? I am using WindowsXP, P-4 (HT), 2.8 GHz.

A:Virtual Memory

control panel->system
advanced tab->performance
advanced tab has VM settings
set pagefile to 2 X your installed RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory.33788/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just bought a new HP with Vista Home Premium. I'm running 2 GB of ram, Upgraded graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS-256MB DDR2). I tried to install a game for my kids today and my computer says it is low on virtual memory. Any suggestions on how to fix this or any links to a web site that explains what to run or disable in 'msconfig'? Any help would be great!

A:Low virtual memory

You have more than enough memory for Vista so the fault is with your paging file. Rather than I spell it out, it is all explained on this page. The only thing not mentioned is the availability of HD space - I suppose you have plenty of that, most users do these days!
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837869
I have no idea of your level of knowledge, but if you do not understand the "microsoftese" (nothing to be ashamed of!) come back and someone will spell it out in the engish language as spoken on this planet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-virtual-memory.550546/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey I keep getting a yellow balloon popping up saying that my quot virtual memory quot is low and windows is attempting to fix it How Virtual Memory do i fix it so that this doesnt keep happening Thanks Below is my HJ file ran am ish lol Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Virtual Memory system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files parentalcontrol parentalcontrol exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Like fm Like fm exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin Virtual Memory hpqtra exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Parental Control Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- FA -A DE DBE - C PROGRA PARENT PARENT DLL O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Google Gears Helper - E FEFE -FBF - AE-BA - CA E FB - C Program Files Google Google Gears Internet Explorer gears dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Parental Control Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- F... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

dear sir,

how should i use my virtual memory, if i have windows xp with 4mb ram in the first pc and windows vista with 1mb ram in the second one.

moussa
best regards

A:virtual memory

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question684.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-398695.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Im so aggrevated Ive been trying to make digital scrapbook pages and was doing just fine until the other day when I started getting a message pop up saying my virtual memory is low then something about windows giving me more memory I havent been saving anything on the clipboard When I go to click out of the program it like freezes up on me Then the next Memory Low Virtual time I tried to make another page it sent a report to Microsoft and they said I needed to install a graphics driver from Intel which I did Still no luck I posted on the digital scrapbooking forum where we are making the layouts and I Low Virtual Memory was told to go to the control panel into systems and go Low Virtual Memory to advanced tab and on the virtual memory make the maximum size bigger I have a Dell mg I was using Paint Shop Pro to try to make the layout On the page where I changed the settings this is how it is set now Paging file size Initial size mb was set at at first Maximum size Was set at at first Then it says at the top of the page that there is mb of free space available I always close all my other programs when I am going to try to make a layout so nothing else was running I need all the help I can get here Im really dumb when it comes to computers All I know is it was working just fine and all of a sudden it started doing this Someone said it might be the ram I have also uninstalled all the extra games and programs that I didnt think I had to have and it is still doing it Help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

A yellow pop up say's, virtual memory is low. Then every thing runs slow, how do I fix this........

A:virtual memory is low

Check your current VM settings.

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Under Performance click settings > Advanced Tab > Under Virtual Member there should be something that says "Total paging file size for all drives" whats it say?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-is-low-3721.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was taking a look at a few posts online that says how memory optimizers are fake. So I stopped using the memory-tweak tools. Then I came across a few articles about virtual memory. As it was said, virtual memory is using the space on the hard drive. I have a laptop that has only 512mb of ram but a few gigs of free space. How do I set XP to hav virtual memory?
P.S. I'm a novice in this kind of stuff(hardware and all that), so I don't know if I'm even asking the right question.

A:Virtual Memory - how do I use it?

It automatically has virtual memory unless you have said otherwise if you press the windows key and Pause\Break to bring up the system properties goto Advanced > Performance(Settings) > Advanced > Virtual Memory(Change)

If it says system managed size them your good to go but you can specify your own if you want What works well for me is starting out at 2 then moving to 768 if needed. Or just whatever is the recommended amount.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-how-do-i-use-it-151151.html
Relevancy 49.02%

am getting error msg that virtual memory is too low and that windows will correct it.
how do i increase virtual memory on my own and should i do it and how do i do it.
using window xp.
have not downloaded a new program in months.
what is triggering the error msg???
HELP !!!!!!!!!
herb

Relevancy 49.02%

I have 512mb of memory which has always been sufficient for what my wife and I do. I clean out my Temporary Files, History, trash email, and Recycle BIn frequently. At times when I get a notice that my computer is adding to my virtual memory because it was low, then I go through the above steps. Never had a problem. This morning I did the ritual and a while ago I received a notice that my virtual memory was low. When I checked it out there were only a few items. What is making the virtual memory low enough to report the problem to me?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi. Maye someone can help me. I am using windows xp home edition. I have been getting these "windows is low on virtual memory" messages. How do I fix that? I have a partitioned hard drive "C" and "D" and "D" is almost full. Could that have something to do with it? I read other posts for the same problem but don't understand what they are talking about to fix it.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, my computer shows me a message saying that "virtual memory is low" can anyone please explain what virtual memory is? and perhaps a way i keep free some up. Would extra RAM help? thanks in advance (Y)

A:Virtual memory

Definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_memory

Also, if you want complete help ALWAYS provide your system information (I.E. Processor, Amount of Memory, other peripherals). Would also suggest reduce the amount of running applications from startup. To do this open the applications, which are located in your task bar, and open. Go to that applications Settings and / or Options and look for options for "Run at startup" or "run at boot" run at boottime etc...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.700024/
Relevancy 49.02%

My pc is slow to load pages sometimes and I've been advised to increase the virtual memory. I have checked to see what memory I have and It says 448MB RAM. I wonder of someone could please help me with this? I have no idea what to do on this one. many thanks..

Relevancy 49.02%

See the below signature information first.

My virtual memory is at 4 gigs. Is that not enough, or too much? I do play graphics intense games and am looking for an increase in performance. I will increase the physical memory soon, but for now I am looking at other options.
Also, I am wondering if virtual memory needs to be set on my other partition drives as well or leave them without?

Swap space? It's at 3 gigs. Not sure how to increase this.

Utilize the physical address extension (PAE)?

Relevancy 49.02%

I keep getting this alert message saying "Windows-Virtual memory minimum to low- Your system is low on virtual memory, windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory request for some applications may be denied, For more info see help.'
I'm not really sure what that means. But what "help" am I suppost to be seeing? Also what can i do to keep from seeing this message again. i see it about every 3 or 4 days. can i expand my file or what do I have to do. Is that too many questions/

Relevancy 49.02%

I work in tech support, so I have some idea of what I'm doing with computers, but I have no clue on this one. The problem is the Low Virtual Memory error exiting Windows XP. Maximizing virtual memory is no help. I have searched everywhere from google to Microsoft to you guys, and found nothing. Any ideas other than a total reload?

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you running Norton Internet Security or NAV? If so, and you have updated it recently, then it may be the source of your problem. Symantec have posted on their site that a recent update may cause this error.

The workaround is to right-click on the icon and disable it before you shut down Windows. It should automatically be re-enabled next time you start Windows so you will still be protected.

One possible fix I have read for it is changing the settings for the NIS file iamapp.exe to Windows 2000 Compatibility Mode, which might resolve the problem:

1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the file iamapp.exe.
2. Right-click the file name and choose Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Check the box "Compatibility mode."
5. Choose Windows 2000.
6. Click OK.

Another possible fix is to uninstall either of the two apps that is causing the problem, then reinstall without doing the LiveUpdate until Norton post that they have fixed the problem in a later update.

Let us know how you get on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.85037/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

My friend and I are both teachers in Western Australia with the Government Education Dept and we use their subsidy laptops (ACER). We seem to experience an error which comes up at the bottom of the screen from time to time saying 'your virtual memory is low......" However when contacting our help desk they are not much help!! Can anyone explain what to do as my friend's laptop is only 60 giga harddrive with 2giga RAM

Thankyou

viking10

I presume you're running Windows XP. Is this correct? That message means the pagefile that is currently allocated is filling up and Windows will usually allocate more space and grow the pagefile.

At a higher level, when your system starts using virtual memory that means the amount of physical RAM installed has been used and more memory is needed to support the applications running at any given time. So, the message you're getting about virtual memory being low means your system is experiencing a severe memory shortage and I would look into that.

What apps are you running that consumes so much RAM?

Peace...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.711602/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been recieveing low virtual memory warnings due to Windows Media Player running, when it has not been running to my knowledge.
Why is this happening and what can I do to fix the situation?

A:Low Virtual Memory

It may be set to be a startup....Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspxNo installation required.Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type: Attach the file to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347268/low-virtual-memory/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have scanned for viruses worms adware defragged removed unnecessary programs everything I could think of but I still get a low virtual memory warning when running norton internet security I did notice Low memory virtual a hijack attempt when running ad aware but it didn t show on the log The processor is constantly running and I when I started my last norton update the protection was changed to disabled I m afraid I ve aquired a backdoor entry or highjacking which led me Low virtual memory to you Below is my hijackthis log Please help Thanks MAJ Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System pctspk exe C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Wire PortalMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Documents and Settings Betty Hartsfield My Documents Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - HKLM Run Igfx... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-virtual-memory.340438/
Relevancy 49.02%

Well i have a Del l8250 with 256 ram and Pentium 4 processor, now that i have stated that i sometimes am doing something that requires lots of virtual memory. So windows warns me that I am using to much virtual memory and it will be increasing it. I wanted to know what is a good amount to have it on so that that warning doesn't pop up no more because i put it so windows manages it but then the warning pops up when I am mid way thru a game or sometimes other applications. Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All,
I am having a probelm with my computer It keeps teeling me that my Virtual memory is too low! I don't understant how to fix that can someone help?
thank you
Jon

A:Virtual memory too low?

See here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post600888-5.html

Or here's a rundown:

Pagefile not set correctly

For Xp: (From here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417)
1. Click Start, click Run, and then type sysdm.cpl in the Open box.
2. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Performance.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change under Virtual memory.
4. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
5. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.

For Vista:
click the Start button
click Control Panel
click System and Maintenance
click Performance Information and Tools
click Advanced Tools (in the Tasks pane at the left side of the dialog box)
click Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

After answering the User Account Control prompt, you?ll arrive at the
Performance Options dialog box. You?re nearly there

click the Advanced tab, and then click Change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-too-low.118764/
Relevancy 49.02%

What is virtual memory?

How it can be used in my laptop?

Virtual memory is part of the Windows Operating System to be used aside of, and sometimes as extra, physical memory.

Virtual memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is used roughly the same way in a laptop as in a desktop sysyem. If you are running Windows 7, it is already there, being used efficiently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179222-virtual-memory.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have recently been getting a balloon pop-up telling me that my virtual memory is too low and is being increased.
I have 1024 MB ram,
my page file is set to 1536 initial,3072 max.
When this first started I was also informed that the task manager was disabled by Admin (ME)??
Related??
Am I looking at ram going bad or what please help!
THANK YOU for any and all feedback!!

Most often this problem (if it's recurring) is caused by a malfunctioning program that isn't releasing the pagefile when it's done.Combine this with the Task Manager being disabled by something - I'd suspect malware is to blame.Try these free, online scans to see if your current protection is compromised:http://safety.live.com (requires IE)http://housecall.trendmicro.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125570/virtual-memory/
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings!

The total paging file size for all drives is only 144MB. Is it okay or do I need to set it again from 144 to 372MB?

WinXP, 256MB (Memory Card), 30GB HD (20GB for C: drive and 10GB for D: drive)

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

I went in to virtual memory to change the size. Wanted to shut it off, defrag and reinstate clean. It shut off fine, defrag went well, but now I cannot reset. Restarted between each change. When I click on the set button, it says C: window s/systme 32 mmc.exe requested to terminate. It also mentions C++ in the title bar. Checked the event view, nothing there.

A:Cant Set Virtual Memory

HI and welcome.when you went to set the vitual memory: Go to start > right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > In the Performance section press Settings > Advanced > press Change > Check Custom Size increase/decrease the size then press set and click OK. It says C: window s/systme 32 mmc.exe requested to terminate. What happens after it says that, what was the promblem after you got that message? You can't change the virual memory? Take a read here: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/archive/index.php/t-2986.html. why do you want to change the virual memory is it too low?Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147071/cant-set-virtual-memory/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi
Just managed to drag my son off the computer and a window came up telling me that the virtual memory was low. In the "Computer Management (Local) Properties" section it says my "Total Paging File Size For All Drives" is 900MB (the recommended is 766MB). Should I increase it and if so to what? Bear in mind my son is forever playing things like Battlefield 2142, Warhammer 40,00 Dawn of War, Star Wars Republic Commando etc...Also these quite often freeze or take ages to shut down. Advice much appreciated!

A:Virtual Memory Low

Your virtual memory should be set at 2.5 times the total physical memory (RAM) you have in your system. Windows XP is recommended to have at least 512Mb RAM to run and I would say 1Gb for users wanting to play games etc.

If the system has an AGP graphics card there is a setting in the BIOS allowing your physical memory to be used as texture memory for games or graphics intensive programs. I would say (others might disagree) the 'AGP Aperture', as it is known, should be set to 1/8th the physical memory you have (set to 128Mb for 1Gb RAM) and then adjusted based on the performance of games or programs and the available RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-low-148666.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I don't get it. I have 640MB of RAM and yet Windows XP still set my Virtual Ram to 959MB (out of a total of 20GB - hard drive). What should the optimum size of the paging file be for this much RAM?

A:Virtual memory in XP

From Microsoft.....

To have Windows choose the best paging file size, click System managed size . The recommended minimum size is equivalent to 1.5 times the amount of RAM on your system, and 3 times that figure for the maximum size. Example, if you have 256 MB of RAM, the minimum size would be 384, the maximum size would be 1152.
For best performance, do not set the initial size to less than the minimum recommended size under Total paging file size for all drives . The recommended size is equivalent to 1.5 times the amount of RAM on your system. Usually, you should leave the paging file at its recommended size, although you might increase its size if you routinely use programs that require a lot of memory.
To delete a paging file, set both initial size and maximum size to zero, or click No paging file . Microsoft strongly recommends that you do not disable or delete the paging file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-in-xp.85203/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
Just today I have been faced with a low virtual memory issue that locks up my entire computer and requires a restart. This has happened twice today, both times have been when watching The Mentalist from the Xbox Video app. The error has only occurred in one episode. The first time was about 15 minutes in and the second one was about a further 10-15 minutes after the first issue has taken place.

I was able to get information on the error from event viewer.

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: mfpmp.exe (4048) consumed 31578124288 bytes, Steam.exe (5648) consumed 191258624 bytes, and WWAHost.exe (5248) consumed 163639296 bytes.

A more detailed view of the error is available on pastebin: Friendly View/XML View

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Low Virtual Memory

Hello MrBauer, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What do you currently have set for your page file size?

If you don't already, set to be managed by the system (default setting), then restart the PC to see if that may help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/24697-low-virtual-memory.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell 8400 w/xp home edition intel pentium 3.00ghz 512mb memory which 108gb of free space. I keep getting a virtual low memory message. I have tried changing the number of the virtual (nothing helped) I have had my computer checked over and there is no virus or a reason. Some of my games seem to run very slow (ie the sims 2). Can anyone please tell me what I should do....get more memory, another hard drive, a better video card? I really have no clue. Please help. Thank you.

A:Virtual Memory Low

When you get the low memory message press ctrl-shift-esc and choose the processes tab. Sort the table by memory usage (click twice on the column header). See what processes are using the most RAM and report back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-low.28732/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there. I' m wanting to query on the virtual memory under the 'performance' tab that XP offers. Please can someone explain to me...what exactly IS virtual memory?
Is that you can expand your internal memory to programes that need alot of memory? Because I have a bunch of games that do need alot of memory to run. Will increasing this improve my gaming performance? I'm really interested in the pros and cons of it.
Please can somebody shed abit of light!

thanks, Brad.

A:Virtual memory?

Google is your friend.

But to answer your questions:

"what exactly IS virtual memory?"
It is a mechanism used to page inactive pages in memory to the hard drive. In particular the pagefile.sys file.

"Is that you can expand your internal memory to programes that need alot of memory?"
Not really. There is no replacement for RAM which is what your games want. Running memory from the hard drive is sloooooooowwww

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.692622/
Relevancy 49.02%

This isnt really a problem but i was wondering if your page file size really makes a difference on performance. I tried to switch it up from 755MB to 900MB hoping it would make games run faster but it switched right back to 755.

Relevancy 49.02%

Had a popup appear that warned me that my Virtual Memory was too low.
Is this something I should be concerned about.
If so, how do I fix it to increase the memory?

I have windows XP
256 MB

Relevancy 49.02%

Im at my parents house tonight, my Mom's computer kepps giving this message that its running low on virtual memory.

What can I delete, or what might be causing this message?

There is still siggniffiacnt space left on there drive, but low on virtul memory..any help would be great...thanks!

Low on virtual memory is cause by too many programs running, using the all availble RAM & Virtual memory (Virtual memory = RAM copied to the harddrive - 'paging file').

The paging file should be 'roughly' about 2x the size of the available RAM (control panel -> system -> Advanced -> Performance Options...)

Installing more RAM would be the best way to fix this problem.

Another would be to cut down the number of Processes running at the same time - often removing unnecessary Startup entries will help as well - http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml - a simple free applet that lets you disable startup entries.

Do NOT disable entries that you do not know what they are - always research (google) beforehand!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.435022/
Relevancy 49.02%

a pop up window states;system is low on virtual memory, to ensure that windows is properly working increase the size of your memory paging file.
what does this mean and how do I do this?

Relevancy 49.02%

my game exits and the uh error says low on virtual memory.. what should i do?

Relevancy 49.02%

How do you increase virtual memory on a windows 2000 box?

A:Virtual memory

Right-click on MY Computer and select Manage. When the window opens (takes a few seconds), right-click on the top-left item (already highlighted- Computer Management - local) and select Properties, click on Advanced tab and select Performance Options. Set it there. If this does not take after a reboot, then there are security settings preventing this method and editing the registry directly will work. Use regedit.exe and search for pagefile.sys. The entry will contain the path (i.e. c:\pagefile.sys 75 200), this entry means that the minimum size is 75MB and the max size is 200MB. Change accordingly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.74022/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had to reformat my computer again and I installed the drivers off the dell site, but it keeps telling me that my virtual memory is low. How can I fix this?

A:Virtual Memory is low? Could someone help me with this?

It is time to increase your physical ram...again. How much is your computer RAM.

Physical RAM is soft of like a temporary RAM your computer uses (such as your hard drive) but as i said only temporary. You should really increase your RAM right away. How much is your RAM now.

Dun leave your computer running on physical memory too long, it will cause your computer to slow down and worst of all, it decreases your hard drive live span

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-is-low-could-someone-help-me-with-this-233767.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello. I have windows XP Home. Past couple weeks, getting this message. My system going real slow and sometimes just freezes out. I checked all the programs that start at start; I do constant spyware and antiviurs checks which have been clear since this started; I don't open more than one program at a time anymore.

Any other thoughts on the cause or what I can do to fix? Thanks kindly for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-low.596055/
Relevancy 49.02%

keep getting low on virtual memory messages n my pc has errors n page freezes n generally going slow any assist would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All
I have 1 gig of RAM my question is how do I get VM to recognize it currently it is set at 384 initial size and max is set at 1152. Please help,

thanks

Hi jlowndes and welcome to TSF !

RAM and virtual memory are different things. The virtual memory is a part of your hard drive that is reserved to hold the data that will have to be processed in the RAM.

If your computer is working correctly, increasing the size of the virtual memory will only waste disk space.

Feel free to ask if you want more details about how RAM and virtual memory work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-161204.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been receiving the following message: virtual memory low. How do I increase the total virtual memory.

What are your current settings for VM?
System Managed or have you changed it?
(Control Panel, System, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced Button, Virtual Memory, Change Button)

What are the Inital Size, Max Size and currently allocated?

As well, the message could be as a result of malware installed.

Download, install and run HiJackThis

After the Scan, copy/paste the created LOG file back here in a reply post for review.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.597974/
Relevancy 49.02%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C PROGRA McAfee Memory? Virtual MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS System Virtual Memory? svchost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe c program files common files aol ee aim exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exe C PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User 'Default user' O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - Service Atheros Configuration Service ACS - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system acs exe O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online - C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe O - Service AOL TopSpeed Monitor AOL TopSpeedMonitor - America Online Inc - C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ConfigFree Service CFSvcs - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe O - Service McAfee E-mail Proxy Emproxy - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service McAfee Update Manager mcmispupdmgr - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe O - Service McAfee Services mcmscsvc - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe O - Service McAfee Network Agent McNASvc - McAfee Inc - c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe O - Service McAfee Scanner McODS - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe O - Service McAfee Protection Manager mcpromgr - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe O - Service McAfee Proxy Service McProxy - McAfee Inc - c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe O - Service McAfee Redirector Service McRedirector - McAfee Inc - c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe O - Service McAfee Real-time Scanner McShield - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe O - Service McAfee SystemGuards McSysmon - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe O - Service McAfee SpamKiller Service MSK Service - McAfee Inc - C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe O - Service TOSHIBA Application Service TAPPSRV - TOSHIBA Corp - C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs Inc - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe O - Service VNC Server winvnc - Constantin Kaplinsky - C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe -- End of file - bytes Keeps telling me I am low on... Read more

A:Virtual Memory?

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also include a more detailed description of the problems you are experiencing.Thanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108317/virtual-memory/
Relevancy 49.02%

i am using windows xp but windows xp display massage your virtual memory is very low i have a lot of freen space in my hard disk and i increase a more virtual memory . but windows xp still again and again display massage virtual memory very low.
my system's specification as fallow.
processor: p4
RAM:256MB
Mother Board:845

A:virtual memory low in xp

hello asif............and welcome to T.S.G........when you increase your pagefile,how are you doing it? if you re-boot and then check your VM does it stay changed?if not you may have to alter it from within the regeistry.
post back,myself or someone else will pick up the thread.
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-low-in-xp.73958/
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep getting this error message saying my VR is too low but I m not really running alot of programs that I m aware of anyways I installed the mcafee desktop doctor Virtual memory through comcast and it is telling my memory was when I checked it the first time I rebooted it was at then I diasbled all my startup items Virtual memory and its at what can I do to fix this I am running WIN XP I don t know what else you need Virtual memory to know Please advise if you can Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe F Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.604675/
Relevancy 49.02%

message virtual memory low computer running very slow and sticking.also for some time i have had no sound before i scrap this computer is it repairable jerseysue

A:virtual memory

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;837869

take look at this

Microsoft Windows XP
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
4. On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.
5. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
6. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click to select the System managed size check box, and then click Set.
7. Click OK three times.

When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory.578201/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am running xp pro and keep getting a message "windows - virtual memory minimum too low". I need to know how to change the setting and what the new setting should be. Thanks in advance.

A:virtual memory help

First to see how much memory you have, click Start>>Control Panel. Double- click System.
On the General tab, total memory will be listed near the bottom.

To enlarge the area set aside for virtual memory. To do that, click Start>>Control Panel. Double-click System.
Select the Advanced tab. Under Performance, click Settings. Select the Advanced tab.
Find Virtual Memory at the bottom of the window, and click Change.
Click the option button next to "Custom Size."
Increase it to atleast 1.5 times your memory size.

The maximum should be three times your memory.
If you continue to have trouble, raise the maximum.
Keep raising it until you no longer get the message.

If you max it out buy some more MEMORY IS CHEAP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-help.583364/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello

I keep getting a message come up, saying Virtual Memory is too low, what does this mean????

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Helen

A:Virtual Memory too low

Virtual memory is information stored in your swap file on your hard drive rather than in your actual memory. More ram or more hard drive space will be your best fix.

Running disk defrag and disk cleanup may help in the short term but wont be a permanent fix.

Hope this helps. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-too-low.34647/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all,

I'm looking at using a larger flash drive for the ReadyBoost function and wondering what your thoughts are on it. At the moment I have about 4GB of a flash drive ready-boosted and I have noticed a slight increase in performance. Does it really only affect the paging file and such? I'm not very familiar with virtual memory. Could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks all.

W7 32bit OS
2x2GB Patriot Memory
ATI Radeon HD 4890
AMD Athlon 64 X2

With 4GB of RAM (if I read your specs correctly), Ready Boost has zero effect - it may be even negative because of the additional overhead. If you think you saw a performance improvement you bettter check again.
In fact your page file may never be used anyhow. You can check that in Resource Monitor > Memory tab. Look on the top (Hard Faults). If that row is zero, you have no page faults at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/76893-virtual-memory.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm receiving the following error message when booting up....

"Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. during this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see help"
Boot up is very slow (5 mins) and the Paging File size is set at 116mb. I've tried to change it to 191mb but it won't take it.

Total RAM is 256mb.

I'm assuming it's a corrupt Paging File. Can this be sorted without doing a Windows Repair?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

I have 2 512MB DDR Ram sticks and i was wondering how much i should increase my virtual memory to the initial size now is 384 and the maximum size is 768. any help is appreciated

A:Virtual Memory help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schizems

I have 2 512MB DDR Ram sticks and i was wondering how much i should increase my virtual memory to the initial size now is 384 and the maximum size is 768. any help is appreciated

Normal rule of thumb is initial should be 1.5 times your memory, maximum 3 times your memory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-help-299397.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi pc people,

How do I make sure my vitual memory is turned on?

Also, how can I find out how much RAM I can upgrade on my PC? In other words, I have 512 MB of RAM now, how do I find out if I can upgrade to 1 GB of RAM?

New Compaq.........

2.8 Ghz processor
100 GB hard drive (most free)
512 RAM

Thanks much,

Larry

Relevancy 49.02%

ok so its happening again at first it was only doing it when i tried to access internet explorer but i fixed the startup programs and ran ccleaner and it worked fine until i tried to play a video game and the game shut down on me and gave me the same message any help would be appreciated

A:Low On Virtual Memory

go to start/control panel/performance and maintenance/system. click on advanced tab and then the settings button under performance. click on the advanced tab and then the change button under virtual memory.

Generally with xp it is probably best to have the system managed button selected. If you are still running out of virtual memory, and have the hard drive space go to custom size and select a larger size. Generally 1.5 times the amount of RAM is considered optimal and that is usually the upper end of the system managed settings.

One trick is to set the maximum and minimum sizes as the same, that keeps windows from changing the size of the swap file, but that seems less necessary with xp than previous incarnations of windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34857/low-on-virtual-memory/