Windows Support Forum

Mouse jumps during gaming

Q: Mouse jumps during gaming

I play quite a few games such as SWTOR Call of Duty series World of Warcraft DC Universe SWG etc Basically I play games where i control a character At times randomly my mouse will jump while I'm playing the game What I mean is I'm walking forward with my game I could be walking towards my next quest or looking straight ahead and getting ready for a headset in CoD Then suddenly I see myself looking down at the ground or the sky or even doing a complete even though I didn't move my mouse in that direction It happens randomly It doesn't happen all the time Sometimes it'll go an hour without doing it Sometimes it'll go a few hours without doing it It only happens sometimes but it's quite annoying I don't notice if it happens on my desktop or when I'm browsing the internet I don't pay much attention to the pointer except of course in FPS games I just notice it inside games cause my character's view suddenly changes by itself The only thing I've found after doing some research on my own is this topic Mouse Jumps I don't know if Windows Defender real-time protection during gaming jumps Mouse is the problem or not I'm mostly looking Mouse jumps during gaming for help to see if anyone else may know what could be causing this I used to use a Logitech optical mouse I cleaned it Mouse jumps during gaming but it was still causing it So I purchased a new mouse I am now currently using the Logitech G Laser mouse with dpi This mouse Mouse jumps during gaming has been doing the same thing inside games as my optical did The mouse is brand new I tried using the older drivers I've even tried upgrading to the newest drivers It's not the mouse I've tried numerous ones They all do the same It has something to do with vista or something Vista is up to date with patches Any help is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mouse jumps during gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mouse jumps during gaming

Welcome
Test with a clean boot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also

Update mouse driver.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290920-mouse-jumps-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an HP Windows 7 computer that has been working fine until I attempted to install Chrome Browser.  Sometime afterward I noticed that my mouse curser would jump around erratically at times and if I try to left click on something, it doesn't work at all and I might have to wait 30 to 120 seconds for the mouse click to work again.  I de-installed Chrome, but the problem continues.  My Windows updates are all up to date, with the exception of the optional updates.  (I rarely install them because I never can figure out if they're necessary, so being safe rather than guess, I don't install optional updates).  This cursor problem has been going on for a few weeks and occasionally my keyboard doesn't seem to print out letters as typed.  There seems to be a lag at times, although that's not often.  Until the Chrome install, this computer has been perfect.  Any assist will be appreciated.

A:Mouse pointer jumps erratically and mouse clicking inoperative

I had an issue with this before when fixing a brothers computer which was badly infested with viruses. It took a couple days to get everything out. I don't just use the software I go into regedit and All the individual folders to remove the viruses. But I dont know if you have viruses that may slow down your computer But after I removed all His viruses well It stoped. His mouse jumped around like crazy would move to the side and not let you move it back for a while. But Idk for your situation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523696/mouse-pointer-jumps-erratically-and-mouse-clicking-inoperative/
Relevancy 58.48%

Lately my mouse has been jumping from where it is on the screen to the bottom of the screen, and occasionally to the top. every time it jumps it right clicks open the menu of where I'm at on the page. if i leave my computer for an extended period of time without logging out our placing it in sleep mode i will return to my desktop rearranged with task bar at the top still locked or windows opened that were closed before. My mouse is on a matted surface and the problem doesn't happen when my drawing tablet is connected the my PC.

A:Mouse jumps

Assumptions are very dangerous... often mistaken...
Is this an optical mouse (using a red light) or one of the older type that uses a little rubber ball?
Is it powered from the USB port, or does it require a battery or batteries?

I have seen erratic mouse behavior with... (in no particular order)
Driver conflicts.
Bad Batteries.
Mouse needs replacement.
Polished mousing surface. (light is reflected in a way that confuses the sensor).
Software issues (in particular Virus and Malware)...

Have you tried a different mouse to see if you get the same results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-jumps.128116/
Relevancy 58.48%

My wifes machine, a desktop with a new mother board, has a mouse that jumps once in a while. It is driving my wife (and therefor me) crazy.

I found a solution to this problem once and it did fix it but its back again.

The original solution involved setting some security setting so that Vista did not make some check constantly during mouse movements and keystrokes. I have lost that solution.

Can anyone jog whats left of my mind on this fix?

Regards..... Jim

A:Mouse Jumps

Now I remember.
You have to turn off Windows Defender real-time protection.
Help | Defender | Tools | Options | real-time options | uncheck

Regards.... Jim

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193254-mouse-jumps.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My mouse pointer will move erratically on its own even when it is at rest. The screen saver will not kick in because of mouse pointer movement. This problem occurs intermittantly. I have a Dell computer and mouse and running WIN XP (home). I cleaned the trackball and rollers and did a virus scan. No change. Any suggestions?

A:Mouse jumps around

It could be that the mouse is starting to go bad. Try a different mouse and see if that changes anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-jumps-around.313136/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently my mouse just started jumping around and I can't figure out why.

I have even run Spybot thinking it could be spyware.

At random my mouse cursor jumps to another part of the page.

Any idea? Thanks , Moonifa

A:Mouse jumps around

Can you test another mouse? Have you tried cleaning that one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-jumps-around.154544/
Relevancy 58.48%

I Mouse around jumps ll be doing nothing and all of a sudden my mouse will move all the way across the screen Some times it will double click on something some times it ll right click or even middle button click This is really wierd and started only today It only happens about once every minute but it is realy annoying I ve posted a Hijack this log EDIT Yes I ve checked all of my wires and eveything By the way its a Mouse jumps around wired ball mouse No fancy technology here Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Mouse jumps around C Program Files AIM aim exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files ABC abc exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe Mouse jumps around C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Tom Reinke Desktop Applications Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Web Accelerator Helper - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar Google Web Accelerator - DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C PROGRA AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files valve steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Run Google Web Accelerator lnk C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exe O - Extra context menu item Download all by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htm O - Extra context menu item Download by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dllink htm O - Extra context menu item Download selected by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlselected htm O - Extra context menu item Download using LeechGet - file C Program Files LeechGet AddUrl html O - Extra context menu item Download using LeechGet Wizard - file C Program Files LeechGet Wizard html O - Extra context menu item Download web site by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-jumps-around.388476/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just got a new Microsoft Wheel Mouse for my Windows 98 system. Installed the IntelliPoint software for it, and it seemed to work fine. However, every so often when I click on something, it jumps up or down the page and clicks on another link instead. What in the world is going on? How do I fix this? Thanks.

A:Mouse clicking jumps

Start up the program that it is doing this in. (in your case Internet Explorer) Minimize this and go to Start > Settings> Control Panel > Mouse. Click the Wheel tab and click troubleshooter. Read the steps they have and finish the process. Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-clicking-jumps.52347/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi there back again with one more problem lately i bought a microsoft basic optical mouse and i getting annoying cursor jump all over the screen at first i thought it was a problematic product so i gave it back and they replaced it but i kept on having the exact same problem i run winxp cursor jumps mouse around sp P via motherboard mb ram and i do not use any drivers as it is recognised a ps compatible i tried to use it on different surfaces good quality pad wooden surface bla bla bla but the problem was still there with my old mouse which mouse cursor jumps around has a rollerball i do not have any of these jumping around i also sending my hijackthis startup list it might help you out StartupList report StartupList version Started from F DOWNLOADS PROGRAMS HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT mouse cursor jumps around Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS PowerS exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo FastTVSync FastTVSync exe C WINDOWS essspk exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe C Program Files OteCount OteCount mouse cursor jumps around exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Prolink PlayTV Pro TVRMVCR EXE C PROGRA INTERV WINDVD SchSvr exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe F DOWNLOADS PROGRAMS HijackThis exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE Remote Controller lnk C Program Files Prolink PlayTV Pro TVRMVCR EXE -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run PowerS C WINDOWS PowerS exe FastTVSync quot C Program Files Common Files InterVideo FastTVSync FastTVSync exe quot CloneCDElbyCDFL quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes CloneCD ElbyCheck exe quot L ElbyCDFL NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup nwiz nwiz exe install EssSpkPhone essspk exe NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe CloneCDTray quot C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot s -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run OteCount C Program Files OteCount OteCount exe -------------------------------------------------- Shell amp screensaver key from C WINDOWS SYSTEM INI Shell INI section not found SCRNSAVE EXE INI section not found drivers INI section not found Shell amp screensaver key from Registry Shell Explorer exe SCRNSAVE EXE C WINDOWS System logon scr drivers Registry value not found Policies Shell key HKCU Policies Shell Registry key not found HKLM Policies Shell Registry value not found -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Browser Helper Objects NAV Helper - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs Symantec NetDetect job -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Download Program Files Shockwave ActiveX Control InProcServer C WINDOWS system Macromed Director SwDir dll CODEBASE http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs... Read more

A:mouse cursor jumps around

most optical mouse's software have orientation devices in the control panel once the software is installed yea they work without it but my experience is they work better with the software installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-jumps-around.201317/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, Does anyone know of any problems with Microsoft updates the last 2-3 weeks? For some reason the PC has slowed greatly. Running ZA for firewall and it usually catches everything...

Have removed a number of progams, toolbars, etc. but still not much change,

Still trying to work out how to get HPWuSchd2.exe and HP Photosmart Premiere Fast Start permanently out of my Startup.

Also have run HiJackThis and am now going down that path.

A:XP Pro slowed down and mouse jumps around

If you'd like to get your machine reviewed by the malware experts start here for Virus/Malware removal Instructions Attach your logs for review in Malware removal forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-slowed-down-and-mouse-jumps-around.148856/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an infuriating problem with my PC, which is a lap-top running Win2K Pro. Quite often when I'm typing text, the cursor spontaneously jumps to somewhere else in the document. It almost always happens just after I've typed an 'e' character. I think what may be happening is that the cursor jumps to where the mouse pointer happens to be resting (i.e. just as if I'd clicked the left mouse button). This happens in all sorts of different applications from different vendors, not just MS Office, so it can't be an application problem - it must be connected with the OS, the mouse or keyboard driver or similar. This happens both when I'm using a separate keyboard and mouse, and when I'm using the lap-top's built in keyboard and touch-pad.

Any ideas what's causing this seemingly minor but very annoying problem?

Thanks - Rowan

A:Cursor jumps to mouse on E key

Have you tried another keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-jumps-to-mouse-on-e-key.548998/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Core 2 E6600 2.4 GHZ Dual Core system.

I had a hard drive crash and reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a new drive.

After installation, I can't get the mouse to scroll like it use to. It jumps however many lines I put in Control Panel | Mouse. This occurs in Outlook 2003, Thunderbird, Firefox and Word 2003.

It is quite an annoyance, especially for my wife.

Thanks in advance for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-wont-scroll-just-jumps.646815/
Relevancy 57.62%

My mouse would jump all over and open programs at random and move start bar to side or top I switch to a cordless mouse. The mouse still jumps once in awhile but every min or so it wiggles rapidly and tries to migrate across the screen, it doesn't open or move anything, but I feel the problem is still there, it just can't do what it is program to do. I found a exact problem in a thread by absent minded prof I followed what was advised to do ( Filseclab firewall -->ewido antispyware -->ATF cleaner --> etc. ran all on safe mode clean lot out but still there ) any hope of removal ?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Logitech G500 mouse. I've had it for 6 months with no problems. I am having trouble now though. When I scroll the mouse wheel sometimes I will stop and the scroll bar will jump an inch or so. It does it in Firefox, Win IE 7 and in Windows explorer. My OS is XP Pro. I reformatted and reinstalled XP (not for this reason) and I figured it would go away but it didn't. Any ideas?

A:Mouse wheel jumps

Perhaps there is a better driver available for your mouse from Logitech. If that doesn't help, your mouse could be going south.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-wheel-jumps.162631/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I have Windows XP SP3. Every thing is OK but my mouse cursor jumps around the screen when I move it or click. I tried to reinstall the OS, but again that problem exists. Is any idea to solve that?

Thanks in advance.

A:The windows xp mouse cursor jumps around

This is a Windows 7 Forum not Windows XP.
Shouldn't reply really but just get a new mouse!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283476-windows-xp-mouse-cursor-jumps-around.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a lenovo think pad x220 tablet using on a wireless network, if I am not constantly moving the mouse pointer (regardless if I use the touch pad or a mouse) it will suddenly jump to a different point on the screen, opens programs on its own. It took a long time to write this message due to the cursor jumping off the typing area. When i place the cursor back to whatever I am doing, a little picture of a keyboard comes up. When the computer is sitting idle it even occurs, you can watch the mouse pointer disappear and reappear in a different spot on the screen. It highlights desktop icons, opens programs. I am starting to wonder if someone has a remote connection and is messing with me. Sometimes it happens quickly and other times slower, it is worst when I first turn on the computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Mouse pointer jumps around the screen

Here is a start, could easy be an infection.What AV & malware tools do you have installed?Disable ?Allow computer to turn off this device to save power? http://windows7themes.net/disable-a...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/b...http://www.guidenet.net/resources/u...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/mouse-pointer-jumps-around-the-screen/203010.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello and thanks in advance for any help given I was 2009 my mouse jumps. After SpyGuard infected with SpyGuard about a day or two ago and used ccleaner malbytes spyware doctor to fix it It's been removed but ever since then my mouse randomly jumps It usually jumps to one of the corners and sometimes it will close a menu I was wondering if I am still infected by something Malyware Malbytes and Spydoctor dont show anything now that its been cleaned After SpyGuard 2009 my mouse jumps. Kind Regards Genaro LordbugDDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on After SpyGuard 2009 my mouse jumps. Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files FileZilla Server FileZilla Server exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files SmartSVN bin statuscached exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS SMJSMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Metrologic Instruments SoftWedge SoftWedge exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files FlashFXP flashfxp exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp us hpwis com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mSearch Bar hxxp srch-us hpwis com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - e - aaf- bc a a be - c program files canon easy-webprint EWPBrowseLoader dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - No File EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB F B - C - ade- -AA A BD - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun NO NAME mRun WinVNC c program files tightv... Read more

A:After SpyGuard 2009 my mouse jumps.

Bump? Guess everyone is busy hehhehHello LordbugWhile we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228489/after-spyguard-2009-my-mouse-jumps/
Relevancy 57.19%

Another minor, but nonetheless annoying and recurring problem. Even while CPU usage is very low (2%-8% of Core i7-975), frequently the mouse pointer freezes for 1 or 3 seconds on the desktop, then jumps instantly to where I was trying to direct it before it froze momentarily. There is randomly 2-10 seconds of proper mouse-pointer functioning between the freeze-up/hesitations. It keeps doing this repeatedly for as long as 10-15 minutes at a time. And it often happens when there is little or no applications load on the system.

I checked Norton by chance it was running a scan in the background... nada. I checked "processes" and "services" running and found nothing unusual. I checked the batteries in my wireless Microsoft ARC mouse and they are full-charged.

Thanks!

A:ARC Mouse repeated freeze then jumps

Could anything in/around the house be interrupting the wireless signal, such as a mobile phone??

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236103-arc-mouse-repeated-freeze-then-jumps.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all you guys have helped me before and i used the BC forums here from my laptop downloaded to a pin drive to fix a problem i just had with a virus hijacker whatever you d like to call it called Security Center that was popping up and hijacking my browser telling me i had all sorts of BS on my computer Took me a few hours running scans and following all the steps but i m back now problem is when my wife now uses this computer to go to her work website the mouse moves VERY erratically like it s batteries are dead and jumps all over the screen right now it s fine but if Awful jumps slow, mouse i go to www starfall com and play some games with my kids it locks up completely Awful slow, mouse jumps ie i move the mouse and have to wait - seconds for a responce and try to close the window etc Is it possible somehow for you guys to tell me what garbage i have running on my PC and how to turn it off i feel like somehow I have a bunch of garbage that i don t need running I DO run selective startup mode because of all the crap that comes on new computers from the factory these days i ve turned off a bunch of stuff i never use If it is possible please link Awful slow, mouse jumps me to instructions on how to post what i ve got set up on my end and i d like any advice you guys can give me Thanks in advance have an awesome night you guys rock thanks for donating your time effort

A:Awful slow, mouse jumps

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445216/awful-slow-mouse-jumps/
Relevancy 57.19%

My mouse pointer keeps jumping all around the screen activating menus dialog boxes windows etc sometimes almost deleting or changing things I'm using an AOpen PS wired -button mouse and awaiting the delivery of a new Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse which may solve all my problems with this one Until then I'm stuck with a system that's practically unusable Below is my HijackThis info I hope it gives you what you need I appreciate your help Thank you I've also attached the extra txt and Panda online scan report to this message Frank D edit removed e-mail address to protect user's privacy P S I was advised since I'm having so much trouble with my mouse jumps over pointer the all Mouse screen that I should skip Steps and and go directly to Step Deckard's System Scanner v Run by frank on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Unsigned driver install - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Installed CallingID - - UTC - RP - Removed CallingID -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as frank exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Documents and Settings frank Desktop Downloads dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK frank exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com news ned ePk ExpeYAAPwbGr R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - - E BD F- B D- E- FF-FD B BE C - no file O - BHO no name - - C B A - E - -B E-A E C - no file O - BHO no name - - AA ED - DD- D - -CF F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - BD A-A - AA - E - F EA - no file O - BHO no name - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - no file O - BHO no name - C AE C - - DDC-B -C AFB F AE - no file O - HKLM Run StartupDelayer quot C Program Files Startup Delayer Startup Launcher GUI exe quot O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot O - HKCU Run UninstallAbility quot C Program Files UninstallAbility uability exe quot AUTO O - HKCU Run Iconoid quot C Program Files Iconoid iconoid exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce Printing Migration rundll exe C WINDOWS System spool migrate dll ProcessWin xNetworkPrinters User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce Printing Migration r... Read more

A:Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen

TechSupport Gurus: Would you believe this . . . ???? Just as I sent the previous message (with the HijackThis info) to your forum, there was a knock on my door and a neighbor presented me with a package containing my long-awaited Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse. It had been mis-delivered to his address by FedEx. If I had only received it a minute earlier, I would not have sent my previous message or now be writing this message!!! I immediately removed my old mouse from its PS/2 socket and plugged in the new mouse to the USB port and BEHOLD!!! The mouse was detected and my pointer jumping problem is gone!!!!

My theory is that some recent Microsoft update (all of which I download and install religiously) made the assumption that _all_ mice at this stage of the Windows game is either a USB mouse or at least is a wheel-mouse. So (I think) the problems I was having was just a mouse function that was looking for a wheel to twirl when there was none. Whatever, I'm back where I want to be. Thank you for being there for folks like me when we need you! Where else could we turn? Thanks again!!!

Frank D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mouse-pointer-jumps-all-over-the-screen-219208.html
Relevancy 57.19%

For no apparent reason the mouse pointer has started jumping randomly over the screen. At times it goes on a half-minute or so round-the-world trip, activating a lot of blank menus and options. I've had to shut down the PC a couple of times today because I totally lost control of what was going on. This just started yesterday. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Frank D

A:Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen

Well, have you tried using a different mouse and seeing if the same problem occurs? That would narrow it down. Tell us what kind of mouse this is, too. Is it wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-pointer-jumps-all-over-the-screen-215828.html
Relevancy 57.19%

In the last month or so my cursor does not respond as it should when using my wireless mouse. This is on a desktop machine, using the same mouse I have had since purchasing the computer in 2012. The battery is new, and nothing has changed. The computer
uses Windows 7. Why is this occurring, and how can I fix it? It happens even when I am not on the internet, such as playing solitaire games that came loaded on the computer. Thank you for your help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/37e41af5-c800-424b-ac51-6f71a10f8029/cursor-jumps-uncontrolably-while-using-my-mouse?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 57.19%

A Google search reveals that others have encountered this same problem (example) but I can't seem to find a solution.

My cursor/pointer often jumps all over the screen, down into the lower left corner to activate the Start Menu, minimizes/maximizes windows when I don't want to, etc. I experience the same behavior with my HP mouse (HP desktop w/WinXP) and Microsoft mouse (IBM laptop w/Win2k). Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 256043 isn't useful to me -- I'm using the USB port on both systems as recommended.

Any guidance? I'm ready to bludgeon myself in the head with a rock.

A:optical mouse jumps all over screen

first I would check the manufacturers web site for known problems and their fixes and updated drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optical-mouse-jumps-all-over-screen.241020/
Relevancy 57.19%

I share my desktop (Windows 7) with my partner. However, my mouse, which is plugged in to my computer and is a Logitech US Laser Mouse, jumps around when I start up my desktop or when my partner and I need to change access. To stop the mouse jumping, I have had to adjust the mouse settings daily.

I have tried different mouse units but without any luck. However, when I go to:
Devices and Printers
USB Laser Mouse
right click, Mouse Settings
Hardware
there seems to be two devices showing. I am wondering if this is causing my computer some confusion on start up. The two settings are:
HID-Complaint mouse - mice and other point devices
USB Input Device - Human Interface device
Should one or other be deleted, so my computer is not confused or in conflict on start-up? I am not sure which setting applies to my Logitech corded mouse.

Thank you for any assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382917-mouse-pointer-jumps-around-only-start-up.html
Relevancy 57.19%

asside from all the other issues im having with my newly aquired vista, this is the biggest at the moment:

my newly built PC, with vista home premium 64bit installed, has problems with the mouse jumping during games, more specifically, during an fps game, on right click to zoom in with the weapon, the view will jump, so on clicking, im suddely facing a random direction, and the view seems to be randomised on both pressing and releasing the button, ive had this in BF2, farcry, crysis SP demo, but did not seem to effect COD4 demo, and all other aspects of mouse usage are fine, i.e it does not shift the view on the left click, nor does the pointer appear to jump about on the right click when on the desktop

i have tested this with two mice, both optical usb, one wired, one wireless, and it seems to happen with both of them

help appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

I just got a brand new Microsoft wireless mouse. It jumps around on most webpages. It does not seem to have any way to recharge? It's also very slow, and it's next to impossible to focus it on something I want to click on.

A:Microsoft wireless mouse jumps around Please help!

Normally these work with a battery. Try putting a fresh one in.

Then Enable hardware auto-updating via Windows Update (Steps 3 and 6)
then Check for UPdates, install all Important and Optional updates which might include a newer driver that may have failed to autoload when you plugged it in, or possible patches to make hardware work better.

The drivers in Win7 are pretty dated due to no SP2 and it may not be set to connect to Windows Update to check.

If that fails try a different surface - on a pad, notebook, piece of paper of different colors.

If this fails, does it work correctly in another PC?

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367807-microsoft-wireless-mouse-jumps-around-please-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time in reading this post. Ok, so here is my problem. As you can tell from the subject line of this post, I can't seem to fix the problem I am having that my mouse jumps vertically on my monitor, which makes playing sims city extremely hard when you are trying to place a building down in a certain location and then the mouse jumps causing you to put it down in the location you didn't wish to.

My question is, how can I fix this? I already tried using a different mouse, it doesn't work. I tried restarting my computer, that doesn't work. I am at a loss.

I am running on a Win98, 500 Pent. 3, 128 Mbs, 30HD comp. Just in case those items are needed in attempting to help me out. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

- Daniel

Relevancy 57.19%

This is so frustrating the laptop mouse cursor jumps backward when I am typing. I have typed this message four times to get this short message. Please help.

A:laptop mouse cursor jumps

Try uninstalling (via Device Manager)...then reinstalling the drivers.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406153/laptop-mouse-cursor-jumps/
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently I ve noticed that my mouse cursor jumps to corners of the screen usually bottom left or top left but sometimes other corners or just to an edge I ve searched for this problem on here and found none that exactly match my problem It doesn t happen all of the time but if I m moving the mouse around a lot it ll jump off course and re-appear in a corner cursor jumps to Solved: Mouse corners. The mouse is a wired optical mouse acer and doesn t seem to be dirty at all - any ideas anyone ps - I did Solved: Mouse cursor jumps to corners. a bit of searching before posting on here and one Solved: Mouse cursor jumps to corners. solution that I ve tried without Solved: Mouse cursor jumps to corners. success was going into the mouse options in control panel and un-ticking enhance pointer precision pps - just as another check before clicking quot submit new thread quot I ve just tried to get the cursor to jump again and strangely it s behaving itself whilst being on techguy org - weird Could it be that webpages with quot a lot going on quot i e links etc are more likely to cause a jump Acer Aspire MS ESET Smart Security Any more info required let me know nbsp

A:Solved: Mouse cursor jumps to corners.

Try disabling the touch pad FN and F7 the slightest inadvertent touch can jump the curser

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-cursor-jumps-to-corners.1074629/
Relevancy 56.33%

OK I ve had an odd problem on my PC for several months at this point It s an annoying little problem where occasionally I ll be in the middle of doing something and the mouse jumps closes current Mouse window and icon will jump to the top right of the screen and attempt to close the program I m not sure if it s on a specific Mouse jumps and closes current window time interval because it only happens every hours or so so it s Mouse jumps and closes current window difficult to monitor Additionally after it happens my left mouse button acts like my right mouse button ie clicking a desktop icon brings up the menu instead of selecting or opening the program until I actually right click then it ll begin acting normally again This is really annoying since I do graphic design and sometimes have spent a great deal of time outlining something and then have to start over due to the mouse jump If it weren t for that I d live with this issue since times I receive a confirmation quot do you really want to close this quot or quot save st quot and I don t lose what I m doing st I have uninstalled reinstalled the drivers for the touchpad I am virus clean but I feel this may be a remaining portion of a keylogger or something that might attempt to quickly open and close a window I use Avast MalwareBytes and AdAware which are all clean results and FW is ZoneAlarm which has not reported any odd activity The laptop is a Dell D running XP SP Any thoughts or suggestions I d really appreciate anything to stop this little annoying bug Thx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295392/mouse-jumps-and-closes-current-window/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello

I have recently bought a new computer and the mouse when gaming jumps to the left corner of the screen, normally over the windows button. When in webpages it also does the same and jumps to the Windows button. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/58859-mouse-jumps-left-side-screen.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey for a few weeks now i ve been experiencing some dodgy glitches with my pointer it will occasionally just jump from wherever it is on screen all the way to the left hand side It s highly annoying especially when playing games as it causes me to do a degree spin Mouse Issue Pointer - Jumps Random and completely lose track of where the hell I am Mouse Pointer Issue - Random Jumps Real problem to do any sort of gaming as I can be trying to click something and it ll jump across the screen and make me click somewhere else and completely ruins the fun for me Anybody with an idea what the problem is and how I Mouse Pointer Issue - Random Jumps may be able to fix it would be a superstar Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy Oh and here is a HijackThis log just in case someone asks for it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Administrator AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run Comrade exe C Program Files GameSpy Comrade Comrade exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider c windows system pnrpnsp dll missing O - Gopher Prefix O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A AD CEC- - EFE-B E- CF A NameServer O - Protocol grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR D DLL O - Service Id String F B CC BB B Bonj... Read more

A:Mouse Pointer Issue - Random Jumps

Anybody able to help me with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-pointer-issue-random-jumps.850352/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello

I have recently bought a new computer and the mouse when gaming jumps to the left corner of the screen, normally over the windows button. When in webpages it also does the same and jumps to the Windows button. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58859-mouse-jumps-left-side-screen.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi folks,

I haven't found this strange problem anywhere so here it is.

When I move the mouse a little and simultaneously hit one of the shift (as well as Ctrl and Alt) keys the cursor jumps quite a bit towards the upper left corner at a 45? angle. This is especially annoying when trying to mark files with a mouse/keyboard combination.

So far, I have discovered the problem in almost every application EXCEPT MS Office, Opera, Thunderbird and utorrent.

Notebook: Samsung M60 Chartiz
Mouse: MS Wheel Mouse Optical + Synaptec Touchpad, same problem.
Drivers: default drivers and IntelliPoint V6.20.182.0, same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

A:Mouse cursor jumps when hitting the Shift key

Hi, narf (OK, I have to say it - "Narf! <belch>" - and welcome to the forums!

Have you checked your mouse properties to see if it is set ot do something special when you hit the Shift key?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/163571-mouse-cursor-jumps-when-hitting-shift-key.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve been having this very annoying problem where all of a sudden I can hear the CPU fan speed increase and then my mouse barely moves at all on screen When I check the task manager for performance the CPU usage will increase sometimes up to then goes back down some moves slow Mouse extremely CPU 100% and jumps to and right back up again Only program running will be AOL SE It s intermittent Sometimes won t have a problem all day and others like today it comes and goes all the time The Mouse will move great then barely at all then none at all then it gets a little better and then back to hardly allowing me to do anything at all I don t think it is a virus as I run McAfee all the time along with AOL adware virus checkers Mouse moves extremely slow and CPU jumps to 100% and I have the Windows firewall going too Here is my Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C program files support com client bin tgcmd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Wireless Desktop LgWDskTp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Mouse moves extremely slow and CPU jumps to 100% Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe Mouse moves extremely slow and CPU jumps to 100% C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltpspd exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket shwserv exe C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery reminder exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files America Online a waol exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Music SSSvr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Photo appsrv PhotoAppSrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Video GPVSvr exe C Program Files sony usbsircs usbsircs exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket ReserveModule exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Action Setup VAServ exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform SV Httpd exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket gps exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket RM SV exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files America Online a shellmon exe C Program Files XoftSpy XoftSpy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-moves-extremely-slow-and-cpu-jumps-to-100.436540/
Relevancy 56.33%

First time here, hurray!

Anyways, I've had this problem with my mouse since I upgraded to windows 7.
Whenever I'm playing a game, or anything fullscreen and I right click or click the middle mouse button, the cursor jumps across my screen, sometimes down or to the left. and sometimes, both.

I want to avoid buying a new mouse. Any suggestions?

A:Cursor jumps when Right or Middle Mouse click

Hi! Scraggarax, welcome to 7F

Have you checked your pointer settings in Control Panel\mouse\pointer options?

Make sure snap-to is un-checked, and you may want to set the pointer motion to about half-way....on the slider bar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/130806-cursor-jumps-when-right-middle-mouse-click.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have the EW-6000 mouse Case Logic Optical Wireless Mouse 2.4 Ghz EW-6000 Black | Walgreens,It is brand new I just brought it yesterday and it came with fresh batteries with it. But my cursor randomly jump's around, Its like its drunk.

edit: Oh, i forgot to say that i have a usb 1.0 or 1.1 port that i plugged in my mouse and it say's i need a 2.0 to make it run faster, Do i need a 2.0 USB port or can i run it on a 3.0 USB port? if i need a 3.0 or 2.0 to fix the problem then do i need to get this? http://www.amazon.com/Anker-4-Port-C...s=USB+3.0+port

A:Wireless mouse cursor randomly jumps around.

Hi TheUnknownM

If your PC is limited to USB1 or USB 2, a USB3 hub will be limited by the USB port it is connected too.
USB3 in a USB2 port will be at USB2 speed. Same with a USB2 hub in a USB1 port.

The the mouse USB device must not be in a hub. Even a mains powered hub. I tried it myself.
Self powered hubs can be dodgy ... self powered USB discs through a self-powered hub ... might not be recognised by WinExplorer. (It happened to me)

I don't know if a mains powered hub will suck enough juice through a USB1 port to be effective. I doubt it.

Any mouse does not like very shiny surfaces or uneven surfaces (my desk has knotty pine and the mouse went weird until I used a mouse mat)

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335742-wireless-mouse-cursor-randomly-jumps-around.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello All

I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro.
It all worked correctly up to the latest three weeks.
Suddenly my mouse started jumping and having some erratic movements. I changed the batteries, the drivers and the mouse itself but the problem still remains.
Looked up for viruses and/or malware using several programs and still nothing detected.
Looked up the Internet and tried all the answers to similar problems and the problem persists.
While doing all this I noticed that while in some windows such as Malwarebytes or Chessbase 2009 the problem didn't arise.
Started the PC in "security mode with network" and the problem didn't appear.
Removed all mouse drivers and reinstalled new versions and all reappeared.
Don't know what to do more to solve this problem.
Can You help me, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/erratic-mouse-jumps-in-microsoft-applications.1081593/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all, my mouse has started jumping to the primary monitor for default buttons, although the dialog is onthe secondary.
Windows says its HID driver is up to date (2006?)

Any help for this annoying bug would be greatly appreciated
Regards

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. I often have multiple tasks open, and frequently toggle (task shift) back and forth between applications as part of my daily job routine. I've been moved to a new desk, and am irritated by the fact that whenever I type Alt+Tab to switch tasks (toggle), my mouse pointer immediately moves to the center of the screen. This happens every time I switch tasks using Alt+Tab. It isn't conducive to the type of work I do, and I would like to have the mouse pointer stay still instead of involuntarily jumping to the center of the screen over and over again.

I have asked Windows Support, as well as IT at my job, and no one knows how to fix this. There must be something in the preferences to change this, right?

A:Switching tasks with Alt+Tab - mouse jumps to center of screen

For now see if this AutoHotkey script is any help

Code:
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
return

~!Tab::
MouseGetPos,X,Y
KeyWait, Alt
KeyWait, Tab
MouseMove,%X%,%Y%
return
Edit: It should put the mouse to the spot it was when AltTab was pressed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341296-switching-tasks-alt-tab-mouse-jumps-center-screen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For the last month or so my mouse pointer erratically jumps to a specific area of the screen and then continues to jump around in a vertical line Disabling doesn't ... Pointer Mouse only help, Jumps Touchpad - in that area upper half slightly to the left Hugely annoying But happens erratically one day it may not happen at all or happen rarely other days it is constantly an issue nbsp nbsp Originally assumed it was a problem with the touchscreen but disabling the Mouse Pointer Jumps - Disabling Touchpad doesn't help, only ... touchscreen didn't help Disabling the touchpad also didn't help but this is a little weird since even if I uninstall the touchpad driver it somehow comes back by itself No problem in safe mode nbsp If I try installing another driver in Safe Mode it seems to keep it but when I reboot to normal mode the problem is back nbsp Clearly seems to be a software issue since everything is fine in Safe Mode but not sure where I'm getting the problem Have tried several other touchpad drivers without improvement nbsp Huge pain Any suggestions The laptop is only months old doesn't run any weird software mainly just chrome and ms office nbsp Cheers AK

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Mouse-Pointer-Jumps-Disabling-Touchpad-doesn-t-help-only/td-p/5791080
Relevancy 55.9%

I have run into a problem not screen and the Mouse the right-click jumps functioning pointer on I haven't seen before on a HP desktop running Win Ultimate x The users reported that when they open a window instances Mouse pointer jumps on the screen and the right-click not functioning of the window open at once The error is intermittent but since they shut down the PC after each use it may come and go with each boot I looked at the machine and it functioned fine after several reboots but eventually I was able to see some strange results I didn't see the multiple windows open but I did have some input issues The mouse pointer would jump all over the screen and applications would open that were never clicked The right click did not function correctly Sometimes the context menu would flash on and off and sometimes nothing I tried an alternate mouse and using a different USB port with identical results I have run virus scans malware scans and a registry scan but no dice Anyone have any ideas I am stumped

A:Mouse pointer jumps on the screen and the right-click not functioning

It does sound like malware to me, you could try this; USB Driver - General Fix for Problems[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers it may be of help if different mice are used on this machine.
Maybe trying an online scanner would help or this; http://www.microsoft.com/security/sc...s/default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183121-mouse-pointer-jumps-screen-right-click-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For the Disabling ... - help, Jumps Pointer Mouse only Touchpad doesn't last month or so my mouse pointer erratically jumps to a specific area of the Mouse Pointer Jumps - Disabling Touchpad doesn't help, only ... screen and then continues to jump around in a vertical line in that Mouse Pointer Jumps - Disabling Touchpad doesn't help, only ... area upper half Mouse Pointer Jumps - Disabling Touchpad doesn't help, only ... slightly to the left Hugely annoying But happens erratically one day it may not happen at all or happen rarely other days it is constantly an issue nbsp nbsp Originally assumed it was a problem with the touchscreen but disabling the touchscreen didn't help Disabling the touchpad also didn't help but this is a little weird since even if I uninstall the touchpad driver it somehow comes back by itself No problem in safe mode nbsp If I try installing another driver in Safe Mode it seems to keep it but when I reboot to normal mode the problem is back nbsp Clearly seems to be a software issue since everything is fine in Safe Mode but not sure where I'm getting the problem Have tried several other touchpad drivers without improvement nbsp Huge pain Any suggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Mouse-Pointer-Jumps-Disabling-Touchpad-doesn-t-help-only/td-p/5791079
Relevancy 55.9%

I installed rogue squadron on my mother PC and the pointer (a glove) used via keyboard or mouse jumps all around non-stop.
I tried various things upgrading video driver upgrading direct x.
I even installed a optical mouse. Then her mother board went bad so I installed a new one, it did not have intergrated video so I put in a 64mb g3(I believe video card) in it. It still doing the same thing. I lowered the hardware acceleration for the video card. I even had a priest in to exorcise it.(ok that part I made up). Just recently I installed Madden 2003 and noticed same problem the pointer jumps all around and changes settings. By the way I tried these games on my antique 4 yr old system and everything runs fine but a little slow. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks

Her system
1.0 ghz Duron
350+ Ram
40 Gb hard drive
64mb g3 video

Relevancy 55.9%

As stated in the subject, open windows keep closing as a result.
I have ran Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner and FRST.
Not sure if it has solved the problem because its been a few minutes that I ran the above mentioned programs. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
I am using Windows 10 on Sony Vaio Tap 11.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622536/mouse-cursor-auto-jumps-to-top-right-corner-and-keeps-clicking/
Relevancy 55.9%

The last few days I've had a problem with the mouse cursor jumping back from a vertical scroll bar. When I try to put the cursor over the bar, the cursor "jumps" back an inch or so. It happened even on this page, but it doesn't happen every time I try this. What's going on? (OS is Windows 7, 64 bit)

A:Mouse Cursor Jumps Back From Vertical Scroll Bar

I might try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver for your mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-jumps-back-from-vertical-scroll-bar.1100170/
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Business Service Pack indicator move does during mouse jumps not times. or at slows day Computer and the bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc W R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Pat AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WNA M WNA M exe C Program Files x Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKStatusMonitor exe C Users Pat AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Pat AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files x SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Computer slows during the day and mouse indicator jumps or does not move at times. Users Pat Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http yhs search yahoo com yhs search hspart avast amp hsimp yhs avast search bcu amp type avast amp p searchTerms R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files x SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Bho - A C -CF - EC - - B EF ECEA - C PROGRA Nuance NATURA Program ieShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO LastPass Vault - D ECF - A D- -BE - D F E - C Program Files x LastPass LPToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO ChromeFrame BHO - ECB C - A A- BD-BB - F EFE FA - C Program Files x Google Chrome Frame Application npchrome frame dll O - Toolbar LastPass Toolbar - f b cc - c b- b c- af- dec e e - C Program Files x LastPass LPToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Conime windir system conime exe O - HKLM Run EKStatusMonitor C PROGRAM FILES X KODAK AIO STATUSMONITOR EKStatusMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files... Read more

A:Computer slows during the day and mouse indicator jumps or does not move at times.

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16545 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.51.2
Run by Pat at 19:50:07 on 2014-04-16
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business 6.0.6002.2.1252.1.1033.18.6095.3546 [GMT -5:00]
AV: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {17AD7D40-BA12-9C46-7131-94903A54AD8B}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {ACCC9CA4-9C28-93C8-4B81-AFE241D3E736}
FW: avast! Antivirus *Enabled* {2F96FC65-F07D-9D1E-5A6E-3DA5C487EAF0}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_ad0dcb81\STacSV6 4.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\afwServ.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostControlService.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostStorageService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Trusted Drive Manager\TdmService.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Connection Manager\SMManager.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\DCPButtonSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell System Manager\DCPSysMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nuance\dgnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodak\AiO\Center\EKAiOHostService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodak\AiO\StatusMonitor\EKPrinterSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Games Manager\ogmservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WNA1000M\WlanWpsSvc.exe
C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WNA3100\WifiSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WNA1000M\WNA1000M.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodak\AiO\StatusMonitor\EKStatusMonitor.exe
C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_12_0_0_77.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_12_0_0_77.... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slows-during-the-day-and-mouse-indicator-jumps-or-does-not-move-at-times.1124640/
Relevancy 55.47%

Logfile of Trend to right top of jumps auto cursor screen corner and Mouse clicks Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Users Simon AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Google Mouse cursor auto jumps to top right corner of screen and clicks Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Simon AppData Local Microsoft OneDrive OneDrive exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP CoolSense CoolSense exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application Mouse cursor auto jumps to top right corner of screen and clicks chrome exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Root VFS ProgramFilesCommonX Microsoft Shared OFFICE CSISYNCCLIENT Mouse cursor auto jumps to top right corner of screen and clicks EXE C Program Files x Norton Engine N exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Root VFS ProgramFilesCommonX Microsoft Shared OFFICE CSISYNCCLIENT EXE C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C WINDOWS SysWOW cmd exe C Program Files x Norton Engine coNatHst exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Simon Downloads HijackThis exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Simon Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g jp msn com HPALL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g jp msn com HPALL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g jp msn com HPALL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit O - BHO Skype for Business Click to Call BHO - D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - C Program Files Microsoft Office root Office OCHelper dll O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper - D E A- B - AE-A AA-ABA DBD BF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO HP Network Check Helper - E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run RemoteControl C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe O - HKLM Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe O - HKLM Run HP CoolSense C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP CoolSense CoolSense exe -byrunkey O - HKCU Run GoogleDriveSync C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe autostart O - HKCU Run Spotify Web Helper C Users Simon AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe O - HKCU Run Spotify C Users Simon AppData Roaming Spotify Spotify exe -autostart -minimized O - HKCU Run GoogleChromeAutoLaunch DAEC D C B B FA C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome ex... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588107/mouse-cursor-auto-jumps-to-top-right-corner-of-screen-and-clicks/
Relevancy 55.47%

From lvbang2014 / 20 June 2014

Dear friends,

I am using an INSPIRON 1545 Dell laptop PC with Windows Vista Ultimate.
The mouse pointer of my PC often jumps automatically backwards to a previous line or word while I type a text with MS Word (or Notepad. or OpenOffice Writer).
So, a word or a group of words is inserted to a wrong place in the text.
Here is an example. When I typed the follwing line

Business emails to clients may be either semi-informal or formal depending on the individual relationships.

What I got is:
Business emails to clients may be either ing on the individual relationships semi-informal or formal depend

Please tell me how to fix this problem.
Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Mouse pointer jumps automatically to wrong positions

Hi welcome to TSF

have you tried turning down the sensitivity of the touch pad? also the pulm rest setting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-mouse-pointer-jumps-automatically-to-wrong-positions-853410.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I cannot previous mouse to page, Solved: weird problem jumps go in any browser to another page first page shows for a second but by clicking on a subject page goes back to previous page any site In Explorer Filemanager cannot search for files once I click on Solved: mouse jumps to previous page, weird problem something highlite jumps back to My Documents rightclicking to open does the same When I tried to download virus updates Kaspersky said database is corrupted and won t update since page disappears Kaspersky only said in the logfiles that Malwarebytes is hiding a trojan I uninstalled Malwarebytes but there is no change I went to System restore and to my surprise there are no restore point in August the whole month is not there jumps from July to September I restored to a date in July but no change I managed to update Superantispyware and it is running Solved: mouse jumps to previous page, weird problem now I wanted to post here at TSG page just flickers and jumps back to Mainpage I am using another computer and don t know what else to look for any help is very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Noticed my mouse randomly jumps around and opens some windows for maybe seconds Is getting worse and worse Firefox tabbed windows become inactive and I can't click on them until I slow strange jumps [SOLVED] system things does runs Mouse around, and open and close the task manager hijackthis log provided below thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx [SOLVED] Mouse jumps around, system runs slow and does strange things exe C WINDOWS system svchost [SOLVED] Mouse jumps around, system runs slow and does strange things exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry [SOLVED] Mouse jumps around, system runs slow and does strange things exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Linksys WPC N WLService exe C Program Files Linksys WPC N WPC N exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program File... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Mouse jumps around, system runs slow and does strange things

Posted Hijack this log and not dds and new format. Please close this thread and I will repost in correct format. Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-mouse-jumps-around-system-runs-slow-and-does-strange-things-340639.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I've only recently begun having problems a few days ago with my cursor mouse where the cursor will sometimes lose focus of the currently active window or the explorer bar and I have to ctrl alt del jumps and Cursor/mouse around focus problem; window loses screen to gain the focus back Cursor/mouse problem; loses window focus and jumps around screen because clicking doesn't work The same thing happens with flash based objects like WheatherSpark or the youtube player and I have to switch programs Cursor/mouse problem; loses window focus and jumps around screen and back to firefox to be able to manipulate the youtube player or in VLC where I can't manipulate the player at all and the only way for me to change the sound is to use the scroll wheel and even then the sound gets randomly changed as if the scroll wheel is being used I can't change the timeline of Cursor/mouse problem; loses window focus and jumps around screen the file at all and I cant click on the buttons on the interface although the file menu works I originally thought it was my mouse acting up so I re-installed all the drivers and tried updating to no effect and the same behaviour happens when I turn my mouse off and unplug the bluetooth reciever Im using a wireless optical mouse ROCCAT Pyra on Win Pro x ps I already tried searching but noone seems to have a similar problem

A:Cursor/mouse problem; loses window focus and jumps around screen

Have you tried new batteries?????

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187337-cursor-mouse-problem-loses-window-focus-jumps-around-screen.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've only confirmed this on Lord of the Rings Online and Final Fantasy XIV beta client so far, but the mouse cursor has a tendency to jump to one of the four corners of the screen and keep going in that direction (it remains visible at the corner of screen) for about a second or two before I can regain control of it. When this happens while I'm rotating the view during play, it causes the camera to spin around really fast and is extremely disorienting (and also makes my character move in an entirely different direction if I'm moving it at the same time). If you need the dxdiag to diagnose the problem, I'll be able to put it up once I get home in about 3 hours.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-jumps-to-corner-of-screen-when-playing-directx-games.945929/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm looking for a good gaming mouse..one that's worth your money. What do you recommend and why?

Relevancy 47.73%

Ok, here goes ... I have recently purchased a Saitek Gaming Mouse 1600 dpi... really good mouse ... It was going good for maybe the first week then suddenly it woud disconnect and reconnect it self every so often... for example im Playing Counter Strike and then my mouse has no response... It is a USB mouse if the helps... Some times the roller doesnt work but will work if i take the usb out of the port and replace it back. my pc always makes the noise u know that somthing has connected to the pc and disconnected ... thats the noise it always make and gives me no response from my mouse ... does any one have any ideas on how i can resolve this problem to sotp it form doing so???

A:I need help with my gaming mouse

any ideas cause it should be and easy resolution i cant get around
it just disconnects and reconnects i just wante it to stay conected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-my-gaming-mouse.594671/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was thinking of getting a used death adder off ebay. Are their any new mice for 30$ as good as a death adder? With 2 side buttons?

I was looking on newegg but most mice don't tell you their response time, death adder has 1 ms. idk it seems like if I am not buying razor I am gettting crap.

How about 60$?

A:Gaming mouse for $30?

A lot of razer mice are pretty junkie to be honest.
There are many deathadder and razer fakes in general on ebay, so look into it, it's very common (for new ones). Obviously used ones could just as well be fake, and the seller may not even know it.
The fakes are not bad though I hear.

Most mice can support a polling rate of 1000hz.

Some good mice with good sensors in that price range are Razer Abyssus, Logitech G100s, Roccat Savu, Zowie Mico, and CM Storm Spawn.
Most of those mice use the Avago 3090 with a fairly well implemented ROM AFAIK, but I don't have any myself except the Abyssus.
AFAIK the polling rate on all these mice can be set to 1000hz except the G100s, which is 500hz max.

Sorry there aren't a lot of side buttons available at $30, but the mice I listed above have top performing sensors for a good price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-for-30.202878/
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I bought a RedDragon lava wolf gaming mouse to help make Lineage a little easier The mouse is great I love it only issue I have and i m hoping someone here can help is it came with utterly no instructions on how to run the software I checked the box and the net and just nothing The mouse comes with two modes profiles each I set up the first set help mouse Gaming of profiles easily though the macro function on my summoner does not like to work When I switched over to the second mode to set up for the high rate server i play it reverted the original mode to be identical I was under the impression that mode meant completely different profiles other wise what the point On the bottom Gaming mouse help of the mouse as well there is a way of switching the modes with out having to open the program That has Gaming mouse help not worked once I know i m an utter noob when it comes to gaming mice but Gaming mouse help does anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on nbsp

A:Gaming mouse help

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I can't actually check the video at work as youtube is blocked, but are these any help? I believe they are reviews on your mouse and may well cover things like the software etc.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJ3ARUrCuE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVkDj3x4Jcw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gf2dwvb5A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-mouse-help.1153172/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok, So for my birthday around 6 months ago i got a gaming mouse. For a while I really liked it, even thought i immediately noticed an issue with it. I picked it out of course, so it is my doing, not my parents. Anyway it is the "Sentey Revolution Pro Gaming Mouse", apparetly it is the best mouse sentey makes, according to the reviews. Well they must not make very good mouses then. Anyway to the point, i am looking for an upgrade. I will be using it for mostly Cs:Go, but i am also playing other games now like H1Z1 and a tiny bit of League of Legends. Either an fps mouse or all purpose under 80 dollars. Thanks for the help guys.

A:New gaming mouse

I like my Logitech G700s.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/new-gaming-mouse-274751/
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone tried a gaming mouse? The claim is that better resolution of the optical sensor is supposed to give better response time?
-----------------------
"The Logitech MX optical engine is now even better. High resolution is combined with high frame rates to deliver superior performance. This revolutionary 800-dpi sensor now captures an incredible 5.8 megapixels every second. Able to track up to 15 G's of acceleration, you get instant response to your fastest movements."
-----------------------
I've never had a problem with my mouse, but I've just seen these things popping up recently and wondered if there was any advantage to them. I wouldn't think an enhanced sensor would give me any help over a few nanoseconds.

Thanks,
JTN

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey,

My mouse just died so I need a new one, but I have no clue what mouse to get. I came of a Gigabyte GM-M6800 so every gaming mouse will be an improvement. I have fairly large hands so a big mouse would be a big plus. I did some research and the roccat kone XTD, cyborg R.A.T 7 and the Razer Lachesis are nice sized mice. But I have no clue which one I should get and which is the most durable.
Help is appreciated.
cheers,

A:Which mouse is the best for gaming?

Well, I personally like Logitech. But I have never had a true gaming mouse, but I am planning on building a new PC and have been researching peripherals for the past few months. No luck with a keyboard, but for the mouse I decided that I wanted to get the Razer Deathadder 2013. I would recommend a Logitech G500s, but reviewers say that it isnt much of an improvement over the original G500. The Deathadder 2013 has a braided chord, which makes it more durable. But it isnt a laser mouse. But that isnt a big deal since its 4G sensor is plenty good. Make sure you get the 2013 version, since the older version hasnt been updated since 2006.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-mouse-is-the-best-for-gaming.191750/
Relevancy 47.73%

Do they really make a difference?

I have a Logitech MX Revolution and it's great. Have a Teflon mousepad too which only the MX Rev. can use (so far, could be wrong).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse.74504/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there!!

I need some advice in buying a Gaming mouse... I am a LEFT HANDED USER and i was wondering which mouse will be suitable for me..

I need a mouse in the range of 1000-2000 dpi..

I was thinking of a Death Adder BUT its design is such that it is suitable to only Right Handed users.. Unless a Left Handed Death Adder is available its a different issue.. Oh and yeah, please let me know if special Left Handed user mice are available also...

I guess the Copperhead, Diamondback, Death Adder, Logitech MX518 and the G5 are the best but i wanna know which one will be best for MY NEEDS...

Thanks!

P.S. You can suggest other mice also.. Like any Microsoft mice or w/e...

P.P.S I am a LEFT HANDED USER.

A:Best Gaming Mouse for me?

Well the Lachesis is like 4000dpi, and thats way to sensitive for me... I have considered it but i figured it isn't the right one for me...

Are there any good Microsoft mice also? I've seen the Habu, but then again, its more right-hand oriented

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-gaming-mouse-for-me.105259/
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone tried a gaming mouse? The claim is that better resolution of the optical sensor is supposed to give better response time?
-----------------------
"The Logitech MX optical engine is now even better. High resolution is combined with high frame rates to deliver superior performance. This revolutionary 800-dpi sensor now captures an incredible 5.8 megapixels every second. Able to track up to 15 G's of acceleration, you get instant response to your fastest movements."
-----------------------
I've never had a problem with my mouse, but I've just seen these things popping up recently and wondered if there was any advantage to them. I wouldn't think an enhanced sensor would give me any help over a few nanoseconds.

Thanks,
JTN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-mouse.400349/
Relevancy 47.73%

just thinking of getting a gaming mouse, i figured if it could handle gaming, then it could handle everything couldnt it?

so guys, whats a good gaming mouse, at the moment im looking at the Razer Salamander or the Diamondback, just cause they dont have those fancy customize it yourself- buttons (i think), didnt choose Logitech cause they look so complicated...

A:gaming mouse

Had a look at the Logitech g5 or g7? The g7 is cordless. THey are not complicated at all, only thing is I dont like the scroll wheel on the g5. But it operates very smooth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse.64711/
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Razer? Logitech?

A:Best Gaming Mouse

I've heard good things about the Logitech G9X, it was the mouse i was gonna pick up. Some people only buy Razers, but my guess its fanboyism. The quality of their mice seems low, and plasticky. I'm gonna pick up the Corsair M60 next time i head over to micro center. you should also consider a quality mouse-pad. Bottom line tho, it whatever suits you the most. The way you grip your mouse, hand size, comfort, type of games you'll play.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219467-best-gaming-mouse.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently bought an ASUS G75 gaming notebook, which is great, and I'm currently using a Logitech M510 usb wireless mouse. I play mostly FPS and it has enough buttons for me, the problem is aiming accuracy when shooting, especially at moving targets. I've tried playing around with the sensitivity, turning smoothing on and off, but it doesn't seem to help. (Maybe I'm just uncoordinated.)

Would a gaming mouse help with this kind of issue? If so, I'd appreciate some recommendations. I'd definitely prefer wireless, especially bluetooth, since the G75 has that built-in. I don't mind paying up if it's a good product and will solve my movement/accuracy issues. Thanks much.

Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone got any suggestions for a cheapish gaming mouse?

I play MMORPGs mainly (WoW mostly) so Macros buttons are needed. However, I don't need hundreds of them. 4 or 5 should do. If glow colour can be taken into consideration neon blue would match my keyboard. Also, a comfortable design is an advantage.

I would like to only spend £30-40 so Im aware I can not get the best mouse on the market.

Does any body know of any mice that roughly fit my criteria?
Thanks alot,
Gavin

Relevancy 47.73%

hi not sure if im putting this on right thread but im looking for a good mouse pad for gaming prepaired to spend $35

thank you

A:gaming mouse pad

This is totally new in my book.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-pad.77463/
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to buy a new gaming mouse but theres so many out there I cant decide what to buy Anyone have some suggestions Im looking for a high quality gaming mouse willing to spend max Right now im using a Logitech G http www newegg com Product Product asp Item a Need Mouse.. new Gaming N E I want to buy a new mouse because I think its broken but ive only had it for a little over a year Randomly I ll hear that chime of something being removed or plugged into my USB port and Need a new Gaming Mouse.. my mouse will stop working and the lights will turn off as if I unplugged it I will have to jiggle the USB connection to get it come back on It also seems that there is something wrong with its laser It seems that its somewhat off I cannot draw a straight line with my mouse in paint for example Because of this im not really optimistic about buying another G I was looking at the Logitech MX http www amazon com Logitech-MX -Laser-Cordless-Mouse dp B UM JW and the Logitech MX http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E If you know a better one that you would recomend please list it Thanks in advance Cody nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-new-gaming-mouse.545056/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I'm new here
I'm currently buying new rigs to complete my computer.
I currently own the newest model of the Alienware x51.
Along with the Alienware I own a Logitech THX Certified Z623 Speaker, Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard, and a Razer Goliathus Small Control Edition.

I am now looking for a gaming mouse
I have narrowed it down to either the Razer Abyssus or the Roccat Kova+.
I WAS going to get the Roccat but then I thought wouldn't a Razer mouse would look much better with my already Razer Keyboard and Mousepad?
So now I'm confused >_<

Which mouse would you guys choose?
If neither please recommend me another mouse with almost the same price tag

Thank You

A:Which Gaming Mouse For Me?

Out of those two, I'd go with the Roccat Kova+

If you're willing to spend a little more however, the Razer Deathadder is also a very good choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-gaming-mouse-for-me.189907/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, All!

I'm thinking about a new mouse. I'm looking for better accuracy, but also I'd like to free myselft of getting the cord stuck in the middle of gaming. I was also thinking about going optical, so no more stumbling over the inevitable pretzel crumbs on my mouse pad.

So, a wireless optical mouse? Any good for gaming, or am I asking for trouble?

I''ve heard not so nice things about optical mice, re accuracy. Is this true?

Thanks,

Jon

A:Gaming Mouse?

O own both a Logitech optical mouse(corded) and an Intellimouse explorer(cordless) and can't tell a difference in the function of them. The Intellimouse was almost twice the price but it is cordless and I've had no problems out of it. Some people do seem to dislike the Logitec mouse though and claim it doesn't work right in XP, but I had no problems with it, I just decided I wanted the cordless and went with the Intellimouse. As for gaming, I have used both and neither have given any trouble. I did have a little trouble to begin with until I got rid of my mouse pad because it had a glossy surface, I guess it was reflective enough to interfer with the sensor. I now use an old dull grey pad because my desk is also shiny.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse.1545/
Relevancy 47.73%

What mouse

What mouse do u 3D Gamers use? Im after a new mouse and i was thinking optical but i dont mind wires, what refresh rate is the mouse u recommend?

A:What mouse for gaming?

Logitech cordless mouseman optical
800DPI...

I also use a microsoft intellimouse optical at work and much prefer my little logitech mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-mouse-for-gaming.1886/
Relevancy 47.73%

RTR- for the site Visit it first if you want a good concept of this review Mouse USB RTR-720 Gaming I ve owned many gaming mice starting with the Boomslang in which was a ball mouse Optical gave RTR-720 USB Gaming Mouse a very keen edge on ball mice due to the lack of the possible situation of the mouse ball sticking from dirt and mechanism cleaning more so the former Nothing was more irritating when your crosshair wouldn t move all the way to your target due to a clog from lint Optical was a clear choice for this remedy but had nothing on a dpi Boomslang ball mouse as long as you kept it clean Now we have laser mice reaching up to dpi and above The RTR- I am reviewing has a dpi cap dpi is a very high resolution for a mouse for First Person Shooters In fact dpi is good using an in-game stock pointer setting generally speaking What I like to do is set my mouse DPI at it s highest setting and tweak the pointer speed settings in the game that way I gain the smoothest tracking Theoretically this should apply where you get the smoothest tracking available but I am unsure if a medium setting on a mouse with a medium setting ingame would give the same results Pros Separate X Y DPI Lightweight Programable with onboard memory No software processes running when connected or on Buttons will never wear out Very customizable Cool Factor out of Ships from USA EUR and Australia LAN parties quot That s a MOUSE Let me try it quot though could be a con if your friends don t let you back on your machine Cons No mouse wheel Mouse wheel emulation scrolls too fast if using MW to change weapons although there might be a way to slow down the scrolling speed have to call Dave again Programming software learning curve could be steep for some users Pal Builder is robust but intimidating they are working on new software Not made for desktop it s hard to double click unless you have a button designated for that Cool geek Factor RTR- Utility will tell you stats about your mouse My mouse has Been on for hours and minutes Has moved for hours and minutes Has moved feet Has button presses Though this may not be a reason to buy the mouse I know of no other program that tracks this kind of information My thoughts I have tried many different brands of mice with the same shape and general size I prefer this mouse for FPS games above any other I have owned I kept this mouse tucked away while I bought many different mice only to have taken them back Conclusion Pros outweigh the cons Getting used to this mouse might take a little time but in the end proves worthwhile If you play Strategy games I would suggest using a different USB mouse along with the RTR- As long as you have no software loaded for the other mouse things work fine and DPI is not affected on the RTR- The guys at http gamingmouse com product website are very helpful and tech support is good if not outstanding when it comes to resolving any issue nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rtr-720-usb-gaming-mouse.88524/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Logitech G5 mouse and I'm looking to treat myself to a gaming mouse mat. Any advice on what you have or what you think is best or worst + any links to review sites please let me know. Thankyou

A:Gaming Mouse Mat

Personally i have never found a shop bought mousemat that was any good for gaming, there always TOO small. I use a piece of dense foam which is about 5mm thick and cut to 18 inches high by 22 inches wide. I bought it from a craft shop, and found that the extra area is perfect, saving on the need to keep lifting the mouse and moving it back. Especially when using the mouse to "look". Sometimes "size" does matter!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-mouse-mat.748286/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all,
Can u all please suggest a gaming mouse for under 50$ please

PS- i am using microsoft wireless mouse, for reasons i dont know, i find myself having wrist pains and wrist getting swollen, i guess its because i use mouse almost all the time the 24x7

Please suggest for me a mouse in which i don face wrist pains

Thanks in Adv people

A:Gaming Mouse under $50

Changing your mouse is sort of like applying a band-aid when a tourniquet is needed. The tendons that are used to move your wrist go through little sheaths when they move. Repeated use can inflame the tendons and make them rub up against that sheath rather than gliding through it. You need to get that inflammation down. Changing to a different mouse may sort of help by altering angles in your wrist, but not much since they all have the same basic design.

You should consider one of those wrist rest mouse pads and taking some NSAIDs. Or learn to use a trackball.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-under-50.117129/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am looking for a new mouse my budget is up to $50. I use palm grip on my mouse. I was thinking buy this logitech mouse but I don't know if I should go for it or not. So I want to see what everyone else thinks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-gaming-mouse.975313/
Relevancy 47.3%

We bought a SteelSeries World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse. About a month ago we lost the files somehow on the computer or maybe they are just gone. Can't delete the program for the mouse, can't open it to change anything. And the mouse sometimes doesn't work in WoW. We have tried reinstalling the files directly from the site, that didn't work. They had directions to remove from computer, that didn't work. At our wits end. How can we fix?

A:SteelSeries MMO Gaming Mouse

Try using an app such as Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the software/drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/steelseries-mmo-gaming-mouse.1032626/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was looking at this one, all I know is the higher dpi the better. Anyone got anything better in mind?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...004&cm_re=gaming_mouse-_-26-161-004-_-Product

A:What's a good gaming mouse for around 50$?

this is a great gaming mouse RAZER DeathAdderand Logitech G5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-gaming-mouse-for-around-50.134902/
Relevancy 47.3%

...and a mat.

Budget is around hmm.... let's say 75 dollars.

Mouse + mat specs should be suitable to play Counter-Strike / Left4Dead (1st person shooter game).

Thanks folks.

A:Need a mouse recommendation for gaming.

$75 US?

Where are you shopping from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/121611-need-mouse-recommendation-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.3%

How r ya?

I bought a new razor gaming mouse and for some reason it will not work, any ideas?

I removed my old mouse, plugged in the new one in a USB port and almost nothing, the only button that works is left click.
I managed to install the CD that came with the mouse using the keyboard but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. The lights on the side of the mouse that I think should light up red dont light up at all

Is it fooked??

running xp

Cheers

A:new gaming mouse problem

1. plug the mouse connection in the mouse port instead of the USB.
2. check ur mouse on any of ur friends' computer. if it still shows problems, then its probably "fooked". then get it replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gaming-mouse-problem.302499/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just received a wireless gaming mouse (carpo v2016 2.4ghz) that I ordered from ebay a while ago (oversees seller). I checked before buying that it's compatible with windows 8, which it is. I tested it first before leaving positive feedback and it worked fine. Then literally within minutes of me leaving feedback it stopped working.
I'm using a hp laptop with an i5 core, windows 8 os.
I've tried plugging the receiver into the other 2 usb ports in my laptop and still got no response.
I've replaced the batteries and tested both the first set i put in and the new ones - the batteries are working fine, just not in the mouse.
Could it be my laptop touchpad conflicting with the signal?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25258-gaming-mouse-not-responding.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Im wanting to get a decent mouse ATM I have a little Logitech wireless one not sure which one just a one from Walmart and its done OK but looking for something a bit nicer I have a couple Im looking at but My local Best Buy doesnt even have either so running up there to get a hands on isnt a option Since my Keyboard is a Saitek Cyborg which I love BTW I was looking into this Mouse or RAT Newegg com - Saitek CCB amp amp Black USB Wired Laser dpi Cyborg R A T Gaming Mouse Theres more expensive versions of it but the features they offer are not that important to me I like the fact it has a aluminum base Gaming Suggestions Mouse and wieghts if I want to make it heavier So Im curious if anyone has one or any experience with it can give a bit of persional input The other Gaming Mouse Suggestions I was looking into was Newegg com - Microsoft SideWinder X Black Buttons Tilt Wheel GHz Wireless dpi Gaming Mouse Anyway just curious if anyone has a couple suggestions ot thoughts about these two Thanks

A:Gaming Mouse Suggestions

I had a Saitek keyboard for years and years, and when it finally died, I took it apart and it's the most solidly built keyboard I have seen in a while. Good company.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169971-gaming-mouse-suggestions.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I have been playing some games on my macbook pro and periodically during the game, my mouse lags. It doesn't stop, it just lags. I tried this on my mac and with it running on windows 7 bootcamp . The same problem occured. I then tried using different mouses and even turning the game settings down to minimum ( by then the game was running at 60fps) and still the problem persisted.
I have no idea how to fix this so please help.

Also, I have noticed that when the mouse lags, actions in the game that require me to hold the mouse button only work for around half a second before it thinks i let go of the button. Though that might help, thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-lags-while-gaming.1115370/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, right now I'm looking for a gaming mouse, and a good mouse pad. My price range is about $1-75 for the mouse, and I haven't really decided what my budget will be for the mouse pad. Any suggestions on what I should get? By the way, I will be using this mouse to play mostly first person shooters, and I would prefer a wired mouse over a wireless one.

A:New Gaming Mouse and Mousepad

G5

I have a G7 which is the same as a G5 but wireless. I love it, it has 2interchangeable lithium ion batteries with nice dock that has usb port on it. I dont think they sell them anymore though and most gamers prefer corded mouse, so If I had a corded mouse I would go for the G5 100%. I have never read a bad review of it and it is a great 2000 dpi mouse with good software for settings and tons of customizable options. Go with that, you won't regret it. On logitech it says 99 bucks, I see it all the time for 65-80, it's worth it.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/359&cl=ca,en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-mouse-and-mousepad.97714/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys,
I'm dying to be able to install my drivers for this mouse, but no matter what i do i can't seem to get the drivers to work.

I've tried installing the drivers then connecting the mouse (as instructed in the instructions).

I've tried installing the drivers while the mouse is connected.

I've tried v1.0 of the drivers.

I've tried v2.0 of the drivers.

But none work. I can't even get the firmware on the mouse updated cause apparently when using the newer firmware the new drivers work with it fine.

Also my other problem is it double clicks when i single click, no matter how low the double click speed is set in my settings. Which is driving me insane.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

A:MS Habu USB gaming mouse

Try it on another pc and see how it reacts. Then get back and post results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-habu-usb-gaming-mouse.70184/
Relevancy 47.3%

What are the differences/benefits to getting a gaming mouse (ie, Logitech G3, G5, etc.) versus a regular optical mouse or a trackball mouse (like the Logitech TrackMan Wheel)? What kinds of games benefit from a gaming mouse? Is it worth the extra $$ to get a gaming mouse?

Relevancy 47.3%

I am sorry if this is not allow, I was so excited when I saw this that I had to post it here... you can scold me later

The price is $49.95 with a $30.00 Mail in Rebate + FREE shipping. Heck, even if you are to lazy to fill out the paperwork and send it in, you are still paying a good price for it.

I had to pull the pin because my G7 is acting up big time on almost all the games as of late.

LTG9LASER | G9 Laser Mouse | BuyDig.com

I gotta ask the biggest and dumbest question of all times... Would I be able to plug in both my Mices and use them separately? I mean, use the G7 for my Wife and the Vista OS and the new G9 for Windows 7 and my games? of course they would both be plug to the same PC.

A:Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse... $20.00 w/MiR

I dont know the answer to your question, but I have a G9 and absolutley LOVE it! You will not be sorry that you bought it.

I paid $65.99 CDN, which was $100 off. Same kind of smoking deal you found!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/233705-logitech-g9-gaming-mouse-20-00-w-mir.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys. I am looking for a new gaming mouse & keyboard for my pc

any suggestions?

money is not a problem

A:Gaming Mouse & Keyboard

Heyy, welcome to Vista Forums!
I would have a look at Razer and Logitech, they sell some nice gear, and the designs look amazing.
For gaming, I've just got a Logitech wireless Playstation2 controller plugged into an adapter to USB, does me perfect.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/283859-gaming-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so my mouse, (it's a corded optical mouse plugged into a USB port) is freezing in games! The pointer will stop, but I will still retain functionality!After 3 seconds, the pointer will snap to the mouse and it'll work fine for awhile. I hope you guys can help.

System Specs

Windows XP sp2
Pentium 4 2.8
1024 meg RAM
NVIDIA geForce 7800 GS
Soundblaster LIVE! 24 bit
P5p800 ASUS motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-gaming-issues.479016/
Relevancy 46.87%

Will someone please help? It would be MUCH appriciated. My mouse cursor "jumps" around sometimes, sometimes when i am using it and sometimes when i am away, and since it moves my monitor stays on all the time isntead of going on stand-by or using the screensaver. If you could help I would appreciate it VERY much. Thanx.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a gigabyte M6900 Mouse When im on first person shooter its hard to play not because i'm Crap The mouse is to light...

Not saying my arms are like Arnold but when i move somewhere on screen i move fast and that's how i have always played quick in quick out

Cant say its the best mouse hence why i need some help with finding a new mouse asap

Thank you for reading my thread and for any help that comes my way

A:Mouse doing my head in Online-Gaming

You have to go to the store and get one you like, I really don`t think you can go on a suggestion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299662-mouse-doing-my-head-online-gaming.html