Windows Support Forum

Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid

Q: Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li which I've had for just over a year It's a great laptop but recently I've had something weird start happening Whenever I close the lid the laptop doesn't go into sleep mode anymore However when I re-open the lid it does go to sleep If I don't notice this or forget to re-open the lid the laptop gets really hot and I'm worried that this may cause problems in the future Additionally the laptop also seems to sometimes randomly wake while the lid is shut sleep close, I lid when lid but the does on re-open doesn't Laptop I only use it wirelessly and have checked that none of the power saving options Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid have been changed I don't know if this was triggered by an update or not as I hadn't used the laptop for a few months so there were a lot of updates to install once I started to use it again My setup is Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Vista Home Premium bit SP If it was just not going into sleep when closing the lid I'd expect it to be a Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid broken switch but it's the fact that it then sleeps when I open the lid that has me stumped Thanks in advance hope someone can help me fix this

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290996-laptop-doesnt-sleep-lid-close-but-does-when-i-re-open-lid.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.37%

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to do this. Any ideas on how to make Windows lock but not go to sleep when a laptop lid is closed?

A:Lock (not put to sleep) laptop on lid close

(sorry - double post)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36783-lock-not-put-sleep-laptop-lid-close.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone I have a really strange problem My laptop's lid close action is set to sleep although sometimes this isn't always successful I own an HP Pavillion dv tqe- There's a light on the shell to indicate if the laptop is still on and at times when I close the lid the light continues to stay on meaning the laptop has not entered sleep mode If I open the lid again the screen is black the power light is on and the Wi-Fi light is also on I can switch the Wi-Fi on and Sleep Laptop When Close Crashes Lid Sometimes to off still and the button to mute the sound is unlit regardless if I had it on prior to closing the lid I can't do anything and I am forced to do Laptop Sometimes Crashes When Close Lid to Sleep a hard reset by holding the power button This seems to happen erratically and I'm not sure of any steps to get to the bottom of this or get any possible clues Any advice would be appreciated I've had this problem for about months now and even though I've upgraded the BIOS and dedicated GPU it still persists I also have a logitech mini-receiver that I keep plugged in at all times

A:Laptop Sometimes Crashes When Close Lid to Sleep

First, Welcome to the Seven Forums. . .

Question: Did you remove all the HP crapware from the laptop?

If so sometimes people will without realizing it remove something that is important to the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291279-laptop-sometimes-crashes-when-close-lid-sleep.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone, I have an HP Envy 17t-n100 and I've been having an issue with my laptop entering sleep when I close the lid. I've checked the power and advanced power options to see what actions will take place once the lid is closed on multiple occasions but there has been no change whenever I check. Sleep mode after a set amount of time is working just fine. I'm not sure when this problem started but I believe it began around 4 months ago. Also when I close the lid, I've noticed that the screen is still on so could the problem be the mechanism that tells the laptop that the lid is closed? If that's it where is this located? Thanks,xencael

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-won-t-enter-sleep-when-I-close-lid/td-p/5841563
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

These are the settings in the power options (Picture), and I set it to never sleep. However it still goes to sleep after a few minutes of me closing the lid. Help please?

Windows 7, 64bit OS, HP pavilion.

A:When I close lid, laptop goes to sleep even though I've fixed Power Op

Hello osmanelmais

What are your sleep settings under that plan

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213782-when-i-close-lid-laptop-goes-sleep-even-though-ive-fixed-power-op.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I decided to run media center yesterday just to see what happened when it connects to an Xbox 360. I closed media center and then closed the lid of my laptop. My laptop was fully charged when I left it but when I came back it was completely blank, turns out it was still consuming power when it should have been in sleep mode.

This has never happened before so I assume that this is related to running media center and confirming my xbox as a device to communicate to. Does anyone know how I can undo this and fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Laptop will no longer go into sleep mode when I close the lid

Hello Conker, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might double check in your Power Plan Options (STEP TWO here) to make sure that you have the Multimedia settings - When sharing media - set to Allow the computer to sleep.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/226905-laptop-will-no-longer-go-into-sleep-mode-when-i-close-lid.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Several BAD_POOL_CALLER errors. Alienware laptop running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on an Intel Core i7 chipset. The error is replicable basically every time the computer comes out of sleep.

Tried updating the drivers for Realtek Audio, etc. as those are often implicated in these problems, based on what I've read. Only hardware/software change recently was instlaling some VPN hardware (already uninstalled). Also running ESET security on this laptop.

Files attached. Thank you!!!

A:BSOD when laptop recovers from sleep or lid close BAD_POOL_CALLER

Probably caused by : HssDrv.sys ( HssDrv+2bac ) Hotspot shield Free VPN for iPhone, Android, Mac and Windows for secure and private browsing, accessing blocked sites and unblocking Facebook and Youtube - Hotspot Shield

Uninstall: Hotspot shield

Additional Advice:

msconfig - boot faster and crash less.

1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.

2. Type msconfig in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the msconfig program that appears in the search results.

3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.

4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer. Some startup programs are absolutely necessary e.g Anti Virus, others are simply a waste of RAM.

5. Click on the OK button.

6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.

7. That's it! Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.

If you ever want to turn on any of the startup items you disabled with msconfig , just run msconfig again.

Keep us Posted - Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258106-bsod-when-laptop-recovers-sleep-lid-close-bad_pool_caller.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The problem is that when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes black, and that's it. The fan is still running, all the lights are on. The thing is, when I turn off wifi, the laptop sleeps fine, with the power light turning orange and pulsating, and the fan off.

Earlier I found a page with the so called fix for this which was to change the advanced power option "Prevent idling to sleep" in "When sharing files" to "Allow computer to sleep." This fixed my problem, but it came back after a while, probably due to going off and on wifi, and plugging and unplugging.

I need to get the laptop to sleep properly even when on wifi and sharing media.

A:Laptop sleep doesn't actually sleep, fan still on.

Make sure that your settings, when closing the lid, are set to Hibernate. This will be a true sleep mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-doesnt-actually-sleep-fan-still-on-622524.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I wasn t sure if this should go here or in the OS topic I assume it was more network based I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium It has a very strange intermittent problem Basically sometimes when Windows starts up it doesn t detect any nearby wireless networks even when I am about feet from the router access point The other thing it does is loose signal once connected it ll have a of block detect wireless close when signals, doesn't even Laptop always rating excellent but once connected it drops to blocks and only a good signal Also it sometimes disconnects and loses the wireless signal When it s working it usually detects anywhere between and different routers in the surrounding area I have tried a friends cheap gateway laptop on my router and it connects perfectly The installed network card is an Intel Pro Wireless Laptop doesn't always detect wireless signals, even when close ABG which came as standard with the laptop Is this a known Vista issue or is it likely my wireless card is a faulty I ve checked it for a loose connection both black and white wires are securely connected and I also have the latest drivers I have other devices Laptop doesn't always detect wireless signals, even when close both wired and wireless connected to my router Laptop doesn't always detect wireless signals, even when close these being my PS Xbox PC not laptop and occasionally my PSP all these function perfectly It can t be a router issue mind you since it does exactly the same thing when connected to the work access point If anyone has seen anything like this before or has any suggestions before I get Dell to send me a new network card please let me know Many thanks nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't always detect wireless signals, even when close

An old 3COM network card that had been my first venture into the world of wireless some 12 months previous was handed down to my daughter when she was given a laptop.

It was a bit iffy at times and it gradually got worse, to the point where she had to be sat next to the router to get a signal, its now in the spares box just in case its ever needed.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-always-detect-wireless-signals-even-when-close.82673/
Relevancy 62.78%

About a week ago I noticed my laptop stopped going into sleep mode when I closed the lid. It just stays on. I checked the power settings, and they are set to sleep when the lid closes, in fact, I can manually put it into sleep mode myself and close the lid and it stays sleeping fine, however, it doesn't go to sleep when you close the lid anymore.

Never experienced any issue like this with the laptop before. It is an HP Pavilion dv3 running windows 7.

I check some online forums and tried of few of things including a system restore but nothing has worked for me yet.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

A:Laptop Doesn't Sleep When Lid Closes

From reading, there might be a magnet in the bezel surrounding the screen that senses when the lid is closed. Something happened to the magnet (slight misalignment?) and the laptop can no longer sense that the lid is closed.
I have no idea the strength of the magnet nor where it is located. Perhaps someone on the HP forum who has disassembled a Pavilion laptop might be able to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closes.1132923/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I sleep doesn't or Laptop hibernate have a Dell Inspiron R running Windows my laptop does not go to sleep or hibernate each time I close the lid or press the power button it seems that it forcefully shut down or go to sleep hibernate and then shuts down immediately quot the shut down screen does not appear quot When i start the laptop opening the lid pressing the button it starts as if it were properly shut down I am aware of the options that I can adjust for sleep hibernate or shut down when the lid is closed the power button pressed the problem also exists when giving a quot Sleep hibernate quot order from the start menu I have tried several suggested solutions on the web I have updated the Bios quot whatever that does quot and several other drivers I have tried running a quot PowerCfg -energy quot test on the command prompt quot several people mentioned that by using this test the Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate found a driver that is requesting the computer to not sleep but i found no such errors i ran a few tests on Dell com to check for any Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate problems but Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate everything seems OK also when the laptop is sitting idle for a while and it goes automatically for sleep it does not wake up by moving mouse clicking on the power button I have to shut it down by holding the power button then press it again to turn it on as I remember the problem first appeared after updating the windows from to please help and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate

Try updating the BIOS: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19

Some DELLs come with there own power management software, that might be interfering...

Chears
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-sleep-or-hibernate.1131234/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All
This is my first time on any forum so forgive me if I have gone to the wrong place. I have had the common problem of broken hinges on my L50 B. I have replaced both hinges and to all intent and purpose ever thing went well, i.e. the lid opens and closes great now. I have however done something wrong, the laptop now doesn't sleep when I close the lid. I have checked all the power settings and the advanced settings and they are set to sleep when lid is closed. Has anyone any idea what I may have done wrong. Can anyone tell me what the motherboard connection of the lid sensor switch looks like? Any help gratefully received.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93435-LAptop-doesn-t-sleep-when-the-lid-is-closed
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Dell Studio running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and the laptop doesn't sleep when I close the lid, except I double-checked my settings in the control panel and it's supposed to sleep.

I've had the computer for over 6 months now and the problem first started yesterday, right after I installed the latest Windows updates. When I close the lid, the computer doesn't sleep, but even when I open the lid, nothing appears on the monitor. It's still black and unresponsive, although the power button isn't blinking, so I know it's still awake.

A:Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

Hello ieatlikeawolf, Welcome to the Forum.

Could you answer a few questions?
Does the laptop go into sleep mode if you choose Sleep from the start menu?
Have you tried doing a System Restore to a point before you installed the updates?
Did you install Update KB976902 at the same time as other updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138751-laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello people !

As the title suggests, I'm having difficulties bringing up to life my laptop. I know for sure its in sleep mode, as I accidently pressed the "hibernate" option from the Start-shutdown menu of Windows 7.

In the previous times this happened, unplugging and then inserting the power supply cable fixed the issue.
But now, nothing works. Not the unplugging, not the constant pressing on the power button. Nothing.

I've read other threads that suggest updating the display driver, disabling the "hibernate" option and other solutions that must have the PC ONLINE (obviously this isn't my case).

S.O.S

A:LG LS55 laptop with Win 7 doesn't come up from sleep

Welcome to the forum dildror. I'm assuming the laptop will not wake at all now? Here are a few things to try.

Remove all batteries, wait a few minutes, and then replace the batteries.

Try pressing and holding the PC?s power button for five seconds or more while it is plugged in to AC.

You said you accidentally pressed the Hibernate key? Try pressing or holding that key again, it may reset it.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/89422-lg-ls55-laptop-win-7-doesnt-come-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I'm having problems when my laptop goes to sleep, I'm not sure what happens but when my battery is low, it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up even if I plug the charger in. The only way I can get this fix is to restart it by shutting it down through the power button.

Relevancy 62.35%

HiI had Vista on my lenovo G530 laptop and it used to make short sounds when the laptop lid opened or closed upon entering/exit  to/from sleep mode by closing/openning the lid. now I did format (not upgrade) and clean installed win7 Ultimate there is no any sound...How can I get this back??-I dont think its a preinstallled program-I tend to think it was a Vista sound scheme?Thanks!

_____________________Lenovo G530 4446-24Ghad vista and now win7 32bit____________________

A:laptop does play sounds on lid open/close

control panel > sound > on sounds tab, change sound scheme or assign a sound for sleep

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/laptop-does-play-sounds-on-lid-open-close/td-p/403267
Relevancy 62.35%

I have my Power Options to "Do Nothing" when my laptop lid is closed as I often connect to an external monitor and close the lid due the way my home office desk is laid out. This works absolutely fine, but on occasion when I am using the laptop with the lid open and the external monitor not connected and I close the lid, when I reopen, the display is blank, and I have to reconnect the external monitor or do a reboot to get the laptop display back. Any ideas?

A:Close and open laptop lid power issues

Oh and I am running W10 on a HP Pavilion G6 Notebook with AMD Radeon HG 7640G display adaptor, and have checked that the drivers are all up to date

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/close-open-laptop-lid-power-issues-4597946/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi friends
I had Vista on my lenovo G530 laptop and it used to make short sounds when the laptop lid opened or closed upon entering/exit to/from sleep mode by closing/openning the lid now I have upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate there is no any sound...How can I get this back??

-I dont think its a preinstallled program
-I tend to think it was a Vista sound scheme?
Thanks!

A:laptop does play sounds on lid open/close

I think there's some features if you go to your battery settings, there should be some kind of table with possibilities with Windows Sounds and stuff like that.
Search for battery, and check it out. I don't remember it completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/153862-laptop-does-play-sounds-lid-open-close.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My laptop with Win Pro x has two issues with power states which are not working correcttly They are -the laptop does not shut down completely either by navigating to the power down option on the settings charm bar or by pressing the power button on the laptop I set it to shut down instead of sleeping as default The computers apparently starts powering down but the power led never switches off and the cooler keeps spinning It won't turn off until I press and hold the power button or the battery drains up Of course the same applies to hybernating the OS saves the content of RAM and starts shutting down but nor down up shut laptop sleep from doesn't wakes never completely shuts down Ditto with quot fast boot quot enabled it doesn't matter if it's on or off the laptop still doesn't power down -if the laptop sleeps it simply won't wake up The monitor turns off and you'd laptop doesn't shut down nor wakes up from sleep expect to press a keyboard key or move or click a mouse button to awaken it but nothing happens Again all I can do is holding the physical power button to force a shutdown or wait until the battery is drained When the laptop keeps stuck in sleeping mode I notice that after some instants the Num Lock led keeps lit and won't turn off even if I press the key What do you think might be happening is it some issue with ACPI or power states What do you suggest to fix those issues Thanks in advance Info OS Windows Pro x CPU core i - U GPU AMD Radeon HD M

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35485-laptop-doesnt-shut-down-nor-wakes-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an Acer Emachines E Laptop I have Windows Ultimate bit OS installed Recently I reformatted my system installing Windows on it Since then I am having problem with sleep mode I cannot recover from sleep mode even after pressing boot button Pressing enter taping or moving fingers on mouse When I press enter in the sleep mode the system starts and blue light also starts blinking But there is no display whatsoever Every time I have to hard boot my system by holding boot button for a while and then rebooting I can set it to not go into from doesn't sleep mode! Laptop recover sleep or hibernation but thats not a solution just a temporary remedy I googled this problem but none of the solutions worked Searched through windows seven forums but didn t found Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! anything Any help on this issue would be appreciated Thanks a lot I searched this forum and have already gone through this related post and changed power settings accordingly but it did not fix the issue http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! html Here is my Microsoft Diagnostic Tool generated report Diagnostic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GJY -VJBQ -HYRR Windows Product Key Hash W nm F UPXrCkY xUhXb g Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HYRR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt eMachines E lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FDBB E lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt India Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt S... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363328/laptop-doesnt-recover-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 61.92%

My DV7 laptop either won't come up after sleep mode or sometimes takes 3 or 4 minutes to wake up from sleep mode.  Also the bootup has become very slow - acts like it pauses during bootup and then resumes.  Am running windows 10 and all updates are current.  I have read in some forum posts that there could be a small magnetic switch by the power button that could get stuck and cause the problem.  Have also read that heat from video card could be softening or melting the solder on the system board.  Not sure what I should do to fix this problem.  Have tried all solutions offered on http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935 Any other suggestions / solutions out there? Thank you. 

A:dv7 Laptop either slow to come up after sleep mode or doesn'...

Hi, Here is the list of the things that you should try to make the computer fast. ?Make sure the Bios is updated?Turn off Startup ProgramsWhen you install a program in Windows, it may add a small program that runs when Windows starts. After installing a lot of software, your boot up process could become slow. If there are programs you don?t use much, they probably don?t need to start every time Windows does.?Disable the Indexing Service in WindowsThe Search Indexing service in Windows scans through the files and folders on your system and records information about them in an index file to speed up the search process. However, this also consumes resources on your system and can slow it down. If you don?t do a lot of searching through files and folders, you can turn off the indexing service to free up some resources and speed up your computer.Open the Start menu and enter ?services.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the services.msc link when it displays.? In the right pane on the Services dialog box, scroll down until you find the Windows Search service. Right-click on it and select Properties from the popup menu.? The Windows Search Properties dialog box displays. Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down list. Click OK to accept the change and close the dialog box.You are returned to the Services dialog box. Select Exit from the File menu to close it. Reboot your computer to finalize the change. ? Reduce the Delay of the Start Menu DisplayBy default, there is a delay before the Start menu and its submenus display. If you want to make the Start menu open faster, you can change a key in the registry to accomplish this.Open the Start menu and enter ?regedit.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the regedit.msc link when it displays.If the User Account Control dialog box displays, click Yes to continue.NOTE: You may not see this dialog box, depending on your User Account Control settings.In the tree in the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop key. In the right pane, scroll down until you find the MenuShowDelay data value. Right-click on the name and select Modify from the popup menu.? In the Value data edit box on the Edit String dialog box, enter a new value between 0 and 4000. This indicates how many milliseconds it takes for the Start menu and any submenus to display. We don?t recommend you use 0 as the value. It might make it hard to navigate through the menus. Click OK to accept your change.Select Exit from the File menu to close the Registry Editor. Reboot your computer to apply the change. ? Change the Number of Recent Items Shown on the Windows 7 Start MenuIf you have a lot of recent documents displaying in the Recent Items menu on the Start menu, it can slow down access to the menu. It is a quick and easy task to change the number of items that display on the Recent Items menu.Delete Unnecessary Items from the Send To MenuSome programs may add items to the Send To menu when you install them. If so, your Send To menu may become slow to access. However, you can easily customize the Send To menu in Windows and remove items you don?t use or even disable the Send To menu completely.? Limit the Number of Items in Each FolderIf you have lots of files in a single folder, it can slow down Explorer. It?s best to create multiple folders and spread out the files among the folders.Hope it helps..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/dv7-Laptop-either-slow-to-come-up-after-sleep-mode-or-doesn/td-p/5691552
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an inconvenience that is slowly turning into a problem At odd times my screen blacks out I could be typing playing games or whatever I haven't been able to recreate the problem I'm getting instruction from HP now I'm told to update my chipset I think that's display update my BIOS and update NVIDIA driver When I update any drivers I'm told by the computer that the installation was unsuccessful and that I should try again times is enough then lid my close Display I out reappears open when then blacks laptop in my book I have updated my BIOS and Display blacks out then reappears when I close then open my laptop lid that turned out to by fruitless I try to pinpoint the event in my event viewer thinking this will help me and I find I don't know the TYPE of event this is I'm searching the net for the type of event I'm having I have also turned off my UAC because I read that it sometimes interferes with the display but only when the UAC window is up Long shot I know but I'm willing to try anything at this point Any ideas

A:Display blacks out then reappears when I close then open my laptop lid

id say its hardware fault rather than software. if you have no other problems such as image/video distortion when viewed/played, and no problems when your gaming (other than your screen), its not your GPU.

when you say it blacks out, does it look like it has lost all power, or does it just look like it isnt not displaying anything( in other words, is it back-lit). ive had that problem twice before and found the screens power connector was half way out of its socket on the motherboard..

another sign that the connector has come loose is if you get flickering when you rock the screen back and forward.

how often does it happen?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/272285-display-blacks-out-then-reappears-when-i-close-then-open-my-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Okay here stops my When open I internet laptop working close the and s the issue in steps First I boot up my computer I close it over come back later open it Computer will connect but with the small yellow triangle Thing is though it s only my computer that ever has issues with my internet connection My sisters laptop has never had an issue with out internet Yet my laptop is able to connect to the neighbors internet fine The solution to my When I close and open my laptop the internet stops working problem almost all of the time is to simply reboot my computer which solves the problem most of the time But i m getting so sick When I close and open my laptop the internet stops working of having to do it The other times when a reboot doesn t work I have to manually reset the internet As i m typing this I m on my neighbors internet my sister is connected fine to our internet but my laptop simply won t work with it so i ll have to reset it when i m finished this Some useful information might be that this problem only started happening ever since my computer got wiped I ve tried updating the drivers but apparently they re up to date Before that I never had an issue Does anyone have any possible solutions Thank you in advance TLDR basically my laptop has very exclusive issues either my internet hates my laptop or my laptop hates my internet Hopefully someone can help me distinguish which one it is nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys My laptop has been running slow as a heck for the last couple of is slow to sudden Laptop open really close programs and all a of months Just all of a sudden every time I close windows and exit Laptop is really slow to open and close programs all of a sudden programs it takes forever to close and typically a blue screen comes up and dissolves down after the window closes Hopefully we can figure this out thank you for your time I have access to my OE install disc DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINNT System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINNT System S EvMon exe C WINNT system ZCfgSvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINNT System RegSrvc exe C WINNT System RoamMgr exe C WINNT System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel Switching User RoamSvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe svchost exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system msiexec exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - No File TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File TB D A B-D B- D - A - EE F C - No File TB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No File TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File TB C -DE B- BCF- C - EC D F - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun ctfmon exe c winnt system ctfmon exe mRun SynTPLpr quot c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe quot mRun SynTPEnh quot c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe quot mRun ATIPTA quot c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe quot mRun HPDJ Taskbar Utility quot c winnt system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe quot mRun RoxioEngineUtility quot c program files common files roxio shared system EngUtil exe quot mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun BlackBerryAutoUpdate c program files common files research in motion auto update RIMAutoUpdate exe background mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun MSSE quot c program files microsoft security essential... Read more

A:Laptop is really slow to open and close programs all of a sudden

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Disable Real-time protection of Microsoft Security Essentials:Right-click on the system tray icon and select "Open".
Click on the "Settings" tab.
On the left side of the screen, click on "Real-time protection".
Uncheck "Turn on Real-time protection".
Click on "Save Changes".

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-is-really-slow-to-open-and-close-programs-all-of-a-sudden-483251.html
Relevancy 61.49%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, whenever I shut the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep mode. After a while, when I open it back up it would turn on normally, but most of the times, it would just not even turn on.The keyboard lights can be turned on and the power button is on during that moment. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-doesn-t-turn-on-after-Sleep-Must-Force-reboot-to/td-p/5645666
Relevancy 61.49%

Ever since I did something with my drivers things have been going haywire Here's a list of a few things that I have had issues with sometimes when i'm using a speech application like skype or discord sounds on my desktop are picked up through my mic even though i'm using a headset my computer's automatic maintenance starts up at the most random times and it never seems to end and whenever I shutdown hibernate or put my computer to sleep my screen powers off but my fan power button light and mouse lighting are still on the fan is running as well but it's at a slower and quieter speed All my drivers are updated and so is my BIOS My guess is that the BIOS update may have caused things to go haywire in my computer Can anyone please hibernate, doesn't Laptop and shutdown. sleep, fully help me solve this issue I have to resort to pressing the power button to make my computer turn off or go to sleep nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-fully-hibernate-sleep-and-shutdown/td-p/5621087
Relevancy 61.06%

Laptop is years old Its being super slow and i need it to is to take Laptop close. and running slow. forever open Programs be fast because i am a dj that relies on my laptop to play music my hijackthis log is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Laptop is running slow. Programs take forever to open and close. Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Laptop is running slow. Programs take forever to open and close. Normal Running processes C Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Western Digital WD Apps WDDriveAutoUnlock exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows SysWOW jmdp stij exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Users Brennan AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Brennan AppData Local Clean Up Computer Clean-Up Kit HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com ctid CT amp octid CT amp SearchSource amp CUI UN amp UM UM ID amp UP SP C F - A - F -A -EE E C E R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - b df - - - a - cebb e b - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - BHO Freecorder extension - B BBE - F - -B F -BE F DC B - C Program Files x Freecorder extension ScriptHost dll O - BHO WeCareReminder - D F DE- D - F - EB - ECD ABB - C ProgramData WeCareReminder IEHelperv dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - dcb -df -... Read more

A:Laptop is running slow. Programs take forever to open and close.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleanerby Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please post the logs for my review. Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489821/laptop-is-running-slow-programs-take-forever-to-open-and-close/
Relevancy 60.63%

I usually lower the laptop lid when i want to put it into sleep mode; after the windows 10 update, this stopped working. I tried putting it into sleep mode from the start menue. This causes the screen to become black, but power to remain on ( I can see this from a steady light from the power button whereas sleep would have a flashing power button). The laptop's fan also increases in speed. When I try to wake the laptop, nothing happenes; I have tried to use ctrl+alt+delete, however this also does not work. I am ususally forced to resort to a manual shut down via holding the power button for a few second and restarting the laptop. I have tried updating the display adapters, restarted the laptop, and still no result. Does anyone know why this is happenning and how I can fix it?

A:Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

I was having the Exact Same Issue. The reason I decided to go back to windows 8 was because since upgrading to Windows 10, when my computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot wake it up. I have to press and hold the power button to shut it done and restart. Even if I close my laptop, and reopen the lid, it wont start back up and I have to press and hold the power button and shut it down and restart.  After trying to restore my HP Envy Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 8, it got stuck in a Repair PC Loop and I could not even access the desktop, I tried the restore option to an earlier date and that failed and all the repair options also failed. The last option I had was to do a full PC Refresh, and that one worked. It took about an hour but no data was lost, and only a few of my downloaded apps were removed. An html url was left on the desktop that showed a list of all the apps that were removed. So all I did was download those back and now im back up and running Windows 8. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-wake-after-sleep-mode-after-Windows-10-update/td-p/5184176
Relevancy 58.05%

Last night I finished browsing and flipped down the laptop monitor, putting it to sleep. When I flipped open the monitor today the first thing I saw was a BSOD message. I haven't really noticed any unusual behavior other than this, except for one instance recently when I performed a similar task and noticed one of those memory access error messages on screen that looks something like x000000000017 and then some technical jargon. I can't remember if I clicked on the close tab for that or it disappeared on it's own, and I unfortunately didn't get a screen cap and lack the know-how on how to retrieve that log if there is one.

Here are my basic specs and the two zip files (perfmon log and the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 file)

- 64bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- OEM

- Hardware from 2010 or so
- Current OS installation a month or so old

A:Received BSOD when flipping open laptop from sleep

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\A600\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\042412-30810-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) UP Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17790.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e0e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03052650
Debug session time: Tue Apr 24 09:44:47.821 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 4 days 11:25:35.491
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 23, {e0107, fffff8800311c7b8, fffff8800311c010, fffff80002e91a7c}

Probably caused by : fastfat.SYS ( fastfat!FatPerformVerify+92 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

FAT_FILE_SYSTEM (23)
If you see FatExceptionFilter on the stack then the 2nd and 3rd
parameters are the exception record and context record. Do a .cxr
on the 3rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack
trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000000e0107
Arg2: fffff8800311c7b8
Arg3: fffff8800311c010
Arg4: fffff80002e91a7c

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff8800311c7b8 -- (.exr 0xfffff8800311c7b8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff80002e91a7c (nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x000000000000017c)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

CONTEXT: fffff8800311c010 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800311c010)
rax=001500000060f110 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80059b8720
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffffa80059b8718 rdi=fffffa8001847940
rip=fffff80002e91a7c rsp=fffff8800311c9f0 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffff78000000008 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff80002fffe80 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffffa8001847a48
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x17c:
fffff800`02e91a7c 4c8938 mov qword ptr [rax],r15 ds:002b:00150000`0060f110=????????????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: u... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226283-received-bsod-when-flipping-open-laptop-sleep.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Bleeping community Today I found myself with a rather tough problem on my laptop It seems to have gone through a windows update and thus restart itself After the restart I have been unable to launch internet explorer firefox or google chrome on the machine I m also unable to launch my anti-virus or malwarebyte to scan it I have tested all these things to no avail in safe mode as well It seems like other things still work on the laptop such as games online games still check for updates and download them images still open and programs doesn't Laptop some open I can still open and read through text documents Until this point I don t recall any infected alerts from avast nor any unusual behavior Laptop doesn't open some programs from the machine It should be noted that it Laptop doesn't open some programs seems like the computer is booting faster as if some necessary programs might not be loading after restart Laptop doesn't open some programs and that I have attempted a system restore to a few days back and nothing seems to be working In task master under the processes tab I have the following I guess it should be noted I m on a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Home Premium bit explorer exe TCrdMain exe SetPoint exe dwm exe SynTPEnh exe KHALMNPR exe TPwrMain exe RAVCpl exe TosSENotify exe taskmgr exe well yeah TPCHWMsg exe Teco exe taskhost exe winlogon exe TosNcCore exe TosReelTimeMonitor exe wuauclt exe it might be wuaudlt exe very hard for me to tell rundll exe taskhost exe TCrdKBB exe This one I m not sure about SynTPHelper exe SmoothView exe ThpSrv exe csrss exe Thanks in advance for any possible insight to this issue

A:Laptop doesn't open some programs

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.Including a link to this thread will be helpful. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423383/laptop-doesnt-open-some-programs/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I was redirected here from this post I m unable to run any of the required scans at the moment as I can t figure out why any of my internet browsers will not launch I already have Malwarebyte on the machine but it along with internet browsers and my anti-virus Avast will not launch To save from opening another window I will copy and paste the post quot Hello Bleeping community Today I found myself with a programs open some doesn't Laptop rather tough problem on my laptop It seems to have gone through a windows update and thus restart itself After the restart I have been unable to launch internet explorer firefox or google chrome on the machine I m also unable to launch my anti-virus or malwarebyte to scan it I have tested all these things to no avail in safe mode as Laptop doesn't open some programs well It seems like other things still work on the laptop such as games online games still check for updates and download them images still open and I can still open and read through text documents Until this point I don t recall any infected alerts from avast nor any unusual behavior from the machine It should be noted that it seems like the computer is booting faster as if some necessary programs might not be loading after restart and that I have attempted a system restore to a few days back and nothing seems to be working In task master under the processes tab I have the following I guess it should be noted I m on a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Home Premium bit explorer exeTCrdMain exeSetPoint exedwm exeSynTPEnh exeKHALMNPR exeTPwrMain exeRAVCpl exeTosSENotify exetaskmgr exe well yeah TPCHWMsg exeTeco exetaskhost exewinlogon exeTosNcCore exeTosReelTimeMonitor exewuauclt exe it might be wuaudlt exe very hard for me to tell rundll exetaskhost exeTCrdKBB exe This one I m not sure about SynTPHelper exeSmoothView exeThpSrv execsrss exeThanks in advance for any possible insight to this issue quot Once I can get internet browsers working on the laptop again I will be happy to post the required logs

A:Laptop doesn't open some programs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/423417 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423417/laptop-doesnt-open-some-programs/
Relevancy 56.76%

Okay so, my laptop has been a acting weird for 2 days now. Everything has been responding slowly and it worked fine 'till now. When I turned it on today, none of the programs would open when I clicked on them, and it wouldn't obey any commands. It turned on nicely, but that's it, it would only shut down. I shut it down and turned it on again, and it remained the same. When I restarted it again however, it has been working fine. I haven't opened any programs except Chrome yet and it seems to be fine for now, but I don't know what would happen if I open anything else. My friend says I should backup and restore it, but I'm not so sure. Can someone help me out? Thanks so much :)

A:Laptop doesn't open any programs on startup

Hi and welcome to TSF does it behave this way in safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-doesnt-open-any-programs-on-startup-686955.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For some reason, my 'sleep' has stopped working - either from the sleep button, or on the Start button option.
Now it just goes to the user login screen.
Has always worked perefctly until today.
Weird. Any ideas?

A:Sleep doesn't sleep anymore - just goes to login screen

imaken

You might want to try the same tutorial as last time Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18803-sleep-doesnt-sleep-anymore-just-goes-login-screen.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I like to put my computer on sleep so I can just come back to where I left it but the past few days when I put it on sleep the screen would just go black like it was asleep but the computer was still on and running like I didn't put it in sleep Then when In Sleep Mode When Sleep Computer Doesn't I move the mouse to come out of sleep it says quot locking computer quot and goes to my password screen which is what it should do before going to sleep I don't think its in the power settings because I've checked there and played around with the settings I'm not technically challenged so I don't think it's something that simple lol Also my touchpad scroll feature does not work and has not Computer Doesn't Sleep When In Sleep Mode worked for quite some time It comes back when I turn the computer off and on again but I only do that a Computer Doesn't Sleep When In Sleep Mode few times a week I've tried reinstalling the touchpad firmware so that isn't the problem I have a Toshiba Satellite A

A:Computer Doesn't Sleep When In Sleep Mode

Back when I had that problem with my Toshibia Satellite, I had to turn off the Awake on LAN in the bios, because when the network is present it will want to wake up.. Just something to try, im sure other people will have other ideas, and hope one of them will do the trick :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-doesnt-sleep-when-in-sleep-mode-380895.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I know a backend database should Open Form and on running database computer another a Timer Access an Close on open only consist of tables but I have a backend database that appends and truncates SQL tables Access Open and Close a Timer Form running on an open database on another computer in order to prioritize production orders I Access Open and Close a Timer Form running on an open database on another computer reinitiate the set of queries every minutes using a blank timer form Since this form must always be open for the timer to work I have the backend database and timer form always open on an under utilized PC Overall this setup is working well for me but there is a scenario where I would like to be able to close the timer form so that the tables are not updated every minutes Then I would like to be able to reopen the timer form I would rather not have to train my users to remote desktop to the open database to close the form and then remote desktop to open the form Is there a way to give my users the ability to close open a timer form running on an open database on a second computer nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/access-open-and-close-a-timer-form-running-on-an-open-database-on-another-computer.4065105/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I am getting a bsod every time I close the laptop lid to put it to sleep. The problem has been around ever since the system was installed on my laptop in the shop where I bought it (the shop closed down in the meantime, so I can't make them fix it).

When I lift the lid, I find the screen on, and computer completely unresponsive. After a while, this is followed by a bsod.
I usually resolve the situation by holding the shutdown button.

The laptop is a new Asus X552E, running Windows 7 64 bit.
I've attached the zip file containing my recent minidumps and the folder generated by SF diagnostics tool. Some unexpected problems occurred during the creation of the latter, so let me know if I should try to create it again.

Thank you!

DH

A:BSOD upon lid close/sleep

Run a check for memory problems.

Edit: I've just seen your latest BSOD,BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER,it's probably related to USB driver.What devices do you have connected to the USB?Any external drives?

Maybe you should uninstall universal bus driver and let Windows install appropriate one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378187-bsod-upon-lid-close-sleep.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Trying to correct and install the macro below doing what i can to follow the Tech instructions but falling flat on my face all the time http www exceltip com st Determine if a file is in use using VBA in Microsoft Excel html this is files to to i Solved: both if close editing. Open open want i can't two what i have done with the comments on the page which are not clear i am looking to open two files and if i am not able to open both then i want everything Solved: two files to Open editing. if i can't open i want to close both to stop and the file that has opened to close again My files quot Solved: two files to Open editing. if i can't open i want to close both G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot quot G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot this is the web coding that was directed to me - in red is what i have added and i am getting no joy at all What am i doing wrong Function FileAlreadyOpen FullFileName As String As Boolean returns True if FullFileName is currently in use by another process example If FileAlreadyOpen quot G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot Then Dim f As Integer f FreeFile On Error Resume Next Open quot G Business Groups BBP Costing Log New costing Log mainsheet xls quot For Binary Access Read Write Lock Read Write As f Close f If an error occurs the document is currently open If Err Number lt gt Then FileAlreadyOpen True Err Clear MsgBox quot Error quot amp Str Err Number amp quot - quot amp Err Description Else FileAlreadyOpen False End If On Error GoTo End Function nbsp

A:Solved: two files to Open editing. if i can't open i want to close both

You will to do a dual test:
if one is true then exit

your code ....
FullFileName1="G:\Business Groups\BBP Costing Log\New costing Log\mainsheet.xls""
FullFileName2="G:\Business Groups\BBP Costing Log\New costing Log\mainsheet1.xls"
if FileAlreadyOpen(FullFileName1) = true or FileAlreadyOpen(FullFileName2) = true Then
close workbooks
exit sub
end if

Code:

Function FileAlreadyOpen(FullFileName As String) As Boolean
' returns True if FullFileName is currently in use by another process
' example: If FileAlreadyOpen(Fullfilename) Then...
Dim f As Integer
f = FreeFile
On Error Resume Next
Open ([B][COLOR="Red"]FullFilename[/COLOR][/B]) For Binary Access Read Write Lock Read Write As #f
Close #f
' If an error occurs, the document is currently open.
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
FileAlreadyOpen = True
Err.Clear
'MsgBox "Error #" & Str(Err.Number) & " - " & Err.Description
Else
FileAlreadyOpen = False
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End Function

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-files-to-open-editing-if-i-cant-open-i-want-to-close-both.1038020/
Relevancy 52.89%

This doesn t happen all the time only occasionally but when it does it takes many tries double clicks to get the program to start up I have seen this problem on other websites but I feel it would be most helpful to post my own HijackThis log So here it is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows and quickly, Malware sometimes open programs at open or never close causes to all. XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC Malware causes programs to open and close quickly, or sometimes never open at all. EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpyService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files PCSecurityShield The Shield Deluxe avp exe C Program Files Bonjour Malware causes programs to open and close quickly, or sometimes never open at all. mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dldtcoms exe C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system libusbd-nt exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C WINDOWS system WTablet Pen TabletUser exe C WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files PCSecurityShield The Shield Deluxe avp exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig Malware causes programs to open and close quickly, or sometimes never open at all. dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe C Documents and Settings Thomas Desktop MPK MPK exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO - CEEA E-C - - E B- B A F B - C Program Files comcasttb comcastdx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-causes-programs-to-open-and-close-quickly-or-sometimes-never-open-at-all.851837/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey There,

I have checked on google and found nothing that was related to what i am looking for. I installed Windows 8 on my laptop as well. Although in my power settings my laptop is set that when I close the lid it is to go into "sleep" mode. I've uploaded a screen shot to show you how I have it set. The reason I would like to set it go into "sleep mode" when I clode the lid of my laptop, is because I am on the go a lot and it would be nice to have it in sleep mode instead of having to shut it down every time I want to go some where.

Thanks
RitualJman

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17492-windows-8-not-going-into-sleep-mode-when-i-close-lid.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I used windows 7 for years and am having problems with windows 8, like this one. The only way I can shut it down is to press the power button...Also, if I type too fast the cursor jumps around..Never had this problem with 7.

A:How do I start, close down, sleep and hibernate the OS?

You thread title.
Right click the window, bottom left, and you will see an option to shut down or sign out. If you click that, you will get the range of closing options. Alternative. swish to the right to enable the so-called "charms Bar". Clisk "Settings". Click " Power". There are other options, but those should get you started.
Can't comment on the cursor problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44541-how-do-i-start-close-down-sleep-hibernate-os.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a lenovo W nbsp About weeks ago it started having a problem that when I try to Lenovo close on won't sleep W530 lid get it to sleep by just closing the lid it doesn't nbsp The problem is not consistent but it happening several times per week nbsp When I close the lid it is usually because I'm packing my bags to go to another location nbsp The laptop remains Lenovo W530 won't sleep on lid close powered on the screen remains powered on and then it gets SUPER hot nbsp Like can't touch the laptop with your hands without Lenovo W530 won't sleep on lid close burning yourself hot nbsp Since I couldn't figure out why sometimes it would sleep and sometimes it wouldn't I thought maybe it wasn't detecting the lid close so I decided to try to sleep it manually and THEN close the lid nbsp Frequently it just won't sleep nbsp I go to the start menu Windows and tell it to Sleep and the screen goes black but I continue to Lenovo W530 won't sleep on lid close have the Wireless activity light lit solid and the hard drive activity light will flicker for a very long time nbsp It never sleeps nbsp Of course at that point I've also lost the ability to CANCEL the sleep and save my files and log out etc nbsp nbsp nbsp Eventually I either have to power off through holding the power button down until it clicks nbsp If I close the lid anyway and put my laptop in my bag it superheats and either the battery goes so low it hibernates or it stays on but when I open the lid again it has power-cycled and I have to enter my PGP Full Disk Encryption password to start up nbsp Any suggestions nbsp Lenovo power management is on and recently patched and has sleep on lid close enabled nbsp nbsp lenovo sleep jpg KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-W530-won-t-sleep-on-lid-close/td-p/3425556
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a the last version of the 17" MacBook Pro model with the following specs:

Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.40 GHz
16GB RAM

I have from what I can tell everything working perfectly fine with the exception of the laptop properly going to sleep when I close the lid. I installed the Boot Camp Support Software 5.0.5033 and also updated the AMD Radeon HD 6700M drivers to get the video card working properly.

When I close the lid... the machine will seemingly "sleep" but it will not wake. The screen stays black and I have to shut it off completely and back on. I miss being abel to just close the lid when I need to and then just pick up where I left off.

Anyone else have this issue with Windows 8? Searching the web shows no results - I assume someone else has had this issue. Thanks for any feedback or thoughts you may have.

A:Windows 8 will not sleep when I close my MacBook Pro lid..

Just to let you know, I have just updated my Macbook Pro to Windows 8.1 with latest bootcamp drivers and to my complete surprise the only issue I have is the built in graphics driver under-scanning my external HDMI monitor. I was looking around for the best Radeon Driver as the one I installed crashed start-up needed to be restored. Anyway I saw your thread so thought I would test to see if the Lid suspends & resumes the laptop. It does a perfect job. I went into suspend when I closed the lid after 2 seconds and resumed on lifting the lid in under 3 seconds. So least you know it works on a clean install....maybe you have a driver issue. Anyway hope that helps.....and can you share where you found the Radeon Driver. good luck.. Mark.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33038-windows-8-will-not-sleep-when-i-close-my-macbook-pro-lid.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When you go to power options in the control panel for Windows 8, under power buttons and lid >> lid close action >> on battery/plugged in, you should be able to choose
a. Do nothing
b. Sleep
c. Hibernate
d. Shut down
However, sleep is not an option for me ever since I updated to Windows 8.1. Screenshot:

The update also screwed up a lot of stuff. Very annoying. The computer is an Asus Zenbook. Any suggestions?
Thanks a bunch!

A:“Sleep” not an option for “Lid close action” on Windows 8.

Hi bhalps, Welcome to 8 forums.

This tutorial might be able to help you, Power Options Menu - Add or Remove Sleep or Hibernate in Windows 8

Make sure the sleep states are not turned off in the BIOS power management.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35539-sleep-not-option-lid-close-action-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Forum I have a new close) when goes crashes sleep (lid into ultrabook mode Samsung samsung ultrabook series NP U C-A US that is supposed Samsung ultrabook crashes when goes into sleep mode (lid close) to be fast in booting up and down using intels ssd cache Unfortunately it does not stay in sleep mode but crashes instead I do Samsung ultrabook crashes when goes into sleep mode (lid close) not think it is a BSOD cant verify as the lid is closed On opening the lid the laptop resumes from the main boot menu and windows announces that it has abnormally stopped and gives options of save boot After normal reboot the wireless card would not start properly and everything is somewhat slow The failure is random not every close lid will create the crash I was not able to find the reason or the relationship that might cause it I fear it is related to some custom samsung software installed others refer to bloatware Hope I can find help here I have reinstalled the factory image with the same result I have contacted Samsung help desk with no useful help I have re-installed the Intel drivers for centrino wifi module My drivers for Graphics are up-to-date I have used the SF diagnostic too and attached the result here There is no dump file although I have enabled it

A:Samsung ultrabook crashes when goes into sleep mode (lid close)

Welcome

Have you updated to the latest firmware of the SSD?
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257726-samsung-ultrabook-crashes-when-goes-into-sleep-mode-lid-close.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I 've added an external keyboard and an external monitor to my HP Envy m7-n011dx laptop.  Both are recognized by the laptop if I leave the lid open.  When I close the lid the computer goes into sleep mode, and I cannot use the laptop with the attached keyboard and monitor. How do I instruct the laptop not to go into sleep mode when I close the lid so I can use the attached keyboard and monitor? Many thanks! MPBEqual

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-m7-n011dx-Change-Sleep-Mode-to-Close-Lid-While-Using/td-p/5719913
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay my brother has been using my PC and seems to have picked something up while I was away I constantly receive pop-up ads for Adult Friend Finder among other ads IE will say it's encountered a problem and needs to close but when you click ok it doesn't close and a notification box pops up saying it was closed to prevent malware And lastly SpyBot needs 8 and it but doesn't to Ads, IE close, Coolwwwsearch say's locates CoolWWWSearch but cannot remove it and CWShredder doesn't even find it Any help would be great Running processes C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate Ads, IE 8 say's it needs to close, but doesn't and Coolwwwsearch exeC Java ME platform SDK EA bin device-manager exeC Program Files Fisher-Price Computer Cool School FPCCSMiddleware exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files DoubleD JuicyAccess Toolbar stbapp exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Java jdk bin javaw exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files DoubleD JuicyAccess Toolbar stbappHelper exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a buy amp pf cndtR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a buy amp pf cndtR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a buy amp pf cndtR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Media Access Startup - B D C-B CB- b -BA - B E E - C Program Files Media Access Startup HPIEAddOn dllO - BHO NP Helper Class - B D C-B CB- b -BA - B E E - C Program Files Internet Saving Optimizer NPIEAddOn dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A ... Read more

A:Ads, IE 8 say's it needs to close, but doesn't and Coolwwwsearch

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244877/ads-ie-8-says-it-needs-to-close-but-doesnt-and-coolwwwsearch/
Relevancy 50.74%

Every time I shut my computer down I get an error message that asks me to force the shutdown of on close explorer.exe doesn't down shut explorer exe I've gone through the step process which found a lot of spyware and such but I'm still having the problem Here's the log file I also used TrendMicros HouseCall online and it cleared off a explorer.exe doesn't close on shut down few things but there was one that it couldn't clear The virus was called TSPY LMIR NH It was said it was found in F WINDOWS explorer.exe doesn't close on shut down system ahdp dll Thanks in advance for any help you can give Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F PROGRA GoVideo explorer.exe doesn't close on shut down MEDIAS ImmsService exe F Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE F Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe F Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe F WINDOWS system nvsvc exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe F WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE F Program Files Philips Philips Device Manager Bin DeviceManager exe F WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXE F Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F Program Files Philips Philips Lime Service bin LimeAlive exe F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe F Program Files GoVideo Media Server MediaServer exe F Program Files Philips Philips Lime Service bin Lime exe F Program Files GoVideo Media Server RestartApp exe F Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe F WINDOWS system wuauclt exe F HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http slickdeals net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - F Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - F Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - F Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor F PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run PhilipsDM quot F Program Files Philips Philips Device Manager Bin DeviceManager exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series F WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot F Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck F WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot F Prog... Read more

A:explorer.exe doesn't close on shut down

Let's try running this tool to make sure it's not the delf infection there...

Download win32delfkil.exe http://users.telenet.be/marcvn/tools/win32delfkil.exe and save it on your desktop. Double click on win32delfkil.exe to install it. This creates a new folder on your desktop called win32delfkil. Close all windows. Open the win32delfkil folder and double click on fix.bat. The computer should reboot automatically (if you, restart it yourself).

Download KillBox http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KillBox.exe. Run KillBox and check the box that says 'End Explorer Shell While Killing File'. Next click on 'Delete on Reboot'. Right click and copy the below lines. Go back to KillBox. Go to File->Paste from Clipboard and then hit the button with a red circle and white X. Confirm to delete and when asked if you want to reboot, say Yes:

F:\WINDOWS\system32\ahdp.dll

If you get a PendingOperations message, just close it and restart your computer manually.

Restart...

Post the contents of c\windelf.txt along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/explorer-exe-doesnt-close-on-shut-down-93309.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Having trouble with IE browser window takes awhile slow IE respond & to close sometimes doesn't to close and occasionally doesn t respond at all Task Mgr reports occasional huge increases in CPU Usage Went through all the advice in earlier sections regarding add-ons etc nothing there This is all left I could think of Scans from programs say everything is good Will someone take a look DDS Ver - - IE slow to close & sometimes doesn't respond - NTFSx Run by Eats at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B IE slow to close & sometimes doesn't respond -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- IE slow to close & sometimes doesn't respond FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows system lsm exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC ColdFusion runtime bin jrunsvc exeC ColdFusion runtime bin jrun exeC ColdFusion db slserver bin swagent exeC ColdFusion db slserver bin swstrtr exeC ColdFusion db slserver bin swsoc exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files SMINST BLService exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXEC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil i ActiveX exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Eats AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE BD B N dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Rep... Read more

A:IE slow to close & sometimes doesn't respond

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347581/ie-slow-to-close-sometimes-doesnt-respond/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I open IE, I can go to 1 or 2 links, but then I can't open any more, even if I have closed the ones I have opened. It seems like RAM gets full and doesn't empty. I have to restart my computer to open the browser window again. Please help!

A:RAM doesn't seem to empty, even when I close windows

You can try a RAM Optimizer/recovery tool. It's a tiny stand alone application, one button use. Easy as pie to use, you can get it from my site (link below), good luck.
RAM Optimizer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-doesnt-seem-to-empty-even-when-i-close-windows.219431/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have been having a problem with Money 2006 since I installed it about 6 months ago. When I click to terminate the program it closes, but when I next go to open the program, I get a window about 50% of the time telling me Money is already running. When I check Task Manager, I find Money.exe is running. And, of course, this causes a shutdown problem at the end of the day since Money must be shut down hard to turn off the computer. I have reinstalled the program 3 different times and that hasn't helped. Has anyone else had and solved this problem? Thanks.

A:MS Money v2006 doesn't always close

I may have found the problem this time. I went to C:/programs/microsoftmoney2006/MNYCorefiles. I discovered that there were two MNYCore Files (one empty). I deleted it and one thing I noticed immediately- Money has sped up a great deal. I didn't really know it was running slow until just now. I have opened and closed Money four times now, and so far no problem, so I hope that was it. If it wasn't I'll post back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-money-v2006-doesnt-always-close.628070/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi techguy forums I have several problems with my doesn't Firefox open, doesn't popups antivirus and update computer which is brand Firefox doesn't open, popups and antivirus doesn't update new and worked for about two weeks before developing these problems clicking on the firefox shortcuts or executable doens t load firefox the hourglass shows for a second and nothing happens i am getting endless popups on internet explorer which i have been forced to use I cannot access certain websites on IE it seems to be ones related to antivirus e g grisoft com which redirects to windows live search possible a phishing version and finally avg adaware and spybot S amp D refuse to update over the internet connection below is my HijackThis Log Hope someone can help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Vista Start Menu VistaStartMenu exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Wallpaper Master Wallpaper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files GridMove GridMove exe C Program Files KO Approach Approach exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-doesnt-open-popups-and-antivirus-doesnt-update.730844/
Relevancy 49.88%

Upon closing Outlook 2003, Outlook.exe doesn't unload and, as a consequence, Outlook can not be re-opened to screen without either a) re-boot or b) End Process in Task Manager. This happens whether Outlook has been loaded as 'outlook.exe /recycle' or without parameter.
When loaded, Outlook icon appears on right-hand task list - disappears when End Process command given.
Any clues to this annoying mystery?

A:Outlook.exe [2003] doesn't unload on close

This has been answered by IanRob under Forum Internet & Networking \ Web & Email.
The answer is to create a new profile - he says that he doesn't know why, and neither do I, but it does work.

Well done IanRob

ps
Don't forget to open Outlook with the new profile as preference, and to re-attach the Data files, so that you can see all your previously filed emails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-exe-2003-doesnt-unload-on-close.304386/
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded WMP and had periodic problems when watching streaming video At Windows Player Close Doesn't Media 10 some point WMP just wouldn't close So when I ended one video segment and tried to click on another WMP wouldn't open because it had never closed from the prior use The only way to resolve the problem is to reboot This occurs on Windows Media Player 10 Doesn't Close a completely random basis I uninstalled and reinstalled which worked well until Microsoft message said quot there's an update to available and do you want it quot Foolishly I said quot yes quot Well now I'm back to the same old problem Re-booting or having to click the quot Windows Media Player 10 Doesn't Close Run With Real Player quot option is a nuisance I'm not looking for a solution to the problem but HEY if anyone has one great What I'd really just settle for is advice on how can I close WMP manually so that I can avoid all the re-booting stuff It happens with enough frequency to make it really annoying From all my attempts to download install uninstall etc WMP and I've got so many files in the Media Player folder I really don't even know which one to attack first if any Could this be part of the problem I actually have the following in the folder mpsetupxp exe mp setup exe mpplayer exe setup wm exe wmplayer exe I'm running Dell Dimension Windows XP Home SP Ram GB Thanks a lot Bob

A:Windows Media Player 10 Doesn't Close

I usually refer to this website when i have a problem with wmp. If i were you I would get the latest codecs and patches for wmp and install them. Besides fixes there are great features that would make wmp more fun. Check it out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-10-doesnt-close-72500.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello friends, I need your help once again..

When I repair my Network, a box comes. Generally, after the repair, there is a option to close the box and everything works smoothly, but sometimes CLOSE button doesn't appear and the CANCEL button is stuck in there. Nothing happens when i click cancel and the box remains until I reboot. Can anyone plz help me with this bug.. Plz ckeck the images below..

A:Network Repair Window doesn't close

Hi,

Start Task Manager by holding down Shift-Ctrl keys, then press Esc key.
In Task Manager click on Applications tab, in the Task column select Repair Local Area Connection, then click on End Task.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-repair-window-doesnt-close-444443.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello friends, I need your help once again..

When I repair my Network, a box comes. Generally, after the repair, there is a option to close the box and everything works smoothly, but sometimes CLOSE button doesn't appear and the CANCEL button is stuck in there. Nothing happens when i click cancel and the box remains until I reboot. Can anyone plz help me with this bug.. Plz ckeck the images below..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-repair-window-doesnt-close.888052/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro A yrs old Intel core CPU GHz GB RAM sleep and Laptop resuming to from sleep Hanging going issue, with Vista Business SP Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep bit and Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep often when I put it to sleep it will hang or crash on resume forcing me to to do a hard shut down Sometimes the screen will just be totally black and hang and sometimes it will get to vista's quot resuming quot splash screen or even the login screen Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep and then hang crash Often the disk activity LED will remain on indefinitely due to the hang even though I can't hear any disk activity As far as I'm aware all my drivers are up to date I'm just so fed up with loosing documents and personal settings now I've got to do something about it and from googling it seems this is a pretty widespread problem but I've not come across a solution that's worked for me - I've even installed the extra KB patch that was meant to fix it Also sometimes when I put it to sleep fully charged and not use it for a a few hours I find that the laptop has lost power during sleep because the battery has been run flat and the ventilation grille feels warm even though I know that the battery can normally last much much longer on sleep Is it possible that the computer resumed itself from sleep to hibernate after mins on battery as my power settings dictate and then crashed whilst resuming causing it to drain itself flat since it my laptop should have entered automatic hibernation on the critical battery warning unless it was unable to respond Is this a power setting problem I have hybrid hibernation turned off since I still lost my documents in the past with it on I tend to find that sleep goes wrong the most when I'm on the move and regularly changing power supplies from mains to battery I often unplug the laptop from the mains as it is entering sleep mode as I pack the laptop away or plug into mains during resume I had the laptop on mains without switching to battery all last week as I stayed at home and sleep was never failed once As soon as I was on the move and started switching supplies again this week sleep instantly failed twice in two days Also I've noticed it's unreliable when I remove or add a usb device i e usb mouse I've noticed that in Event Viewer that every time that resume hangs and I have to manually shut down and boot the laptop up again there's an unexpected shut down logged but prior to resuming and not at the time I manually forced the shut down --- hung on resume --- Put to sleep at PM Resumed at PM then hard shut down But unexpected shut down logged prior to this at PM EventData D C D C C B F --- battery ran flat after sleep ventilation grille still warm on resume --- Put to sleep at PM Resumed at PM then hard shut down But unexpected shut down logged prior to this at PM EventData D B D B C B CDA See attachment for more details Sorry for all the details but hopefully that'll help getting to the right solution faster Thanks very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-issue-hanging-going-to-and-resuming-from-sleep-350149.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Good Morning Gurus!

Have been having recurring issues with Outlook 2002 not closing down properly and when I turn on my pc it advises that it didn't shut down properly inprevious session and it takes a few minutes to reload it.

What is causing that? and how can I solve it?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Relevancy 49.45%

This computer was a gift for christmas I haven t a clue where the virus is from but reformatting is out of the question and I m out of ideas for how to fix this thing At first I had Symantec anti-virus which proved to be completely useless and actually caused me more problems crashes or themselves; close doesn't Programs load explorer.exe than it helped The first sign of something wrong was the computer shut itself off When I loaded it up the start menu and desktop wouldn t show When Programs close themselves; explorer.exe crashes or doesn't load I tried to run explorer manually it gave me some excuse quot Windows cannot find explorer exe quot Yes I m sure I ran the right file When I tried to get into the registry it said quot Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator quot Well I am the administrator After a lot of googling and help I fixed that problem Then I installed McAfee s antivirus and SpyBot erased most of the virus in Safe Mode It seemed to be gone Then explorer would crash and restart itself over and over again Hours later I d fixed that problem Now sometimes it lets me into the registry Sometimes it doesn t Sometimes explorer loads sometimes it doesn t Now when I load programs like Limewire sometimes AIM and McAfee and random programs like that it exits out when I hit any key on the keyboard I m out of ideas Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C DOCUME KATIEB OOP LOCALS Temp csrssc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http sutraway info in cgi amp key rico mancini O - BHO C WINDOWS system hgfdge unjdfdg dll - C BF A - F - BD-F - C - C WINDOWS system hgfdge unjdfdg dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKCU Run tezrtsjhfr iusjfo f C DOCUME KATIEB OOP LOCALS Temp csrssc exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User Default user O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button no name - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spy... Read more

A:Programs close themselves; explorer.exe crashes or doesn't load

Hi Welcome to TSG!!

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have the Windows Recovery Console pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System

Download the file & save it as it's originally named.
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.

Please note once you start ComboFix you should not click anywhere on the ComboFix window as it can cause the program to stall.

Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.

Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-close-themselves-explorer-exe-crashes-or-doesnt-load.791329/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am currently using Windows and Outlook beta however I ve had the same problem with Vista and Outlook down doesn't send/receive and completing properly Outlook close not Using Outlook not completing send/receive and doesn't close down properly a Dell Outlook not completing send/receive and doesn't close down properly XPS M I open Outlook and it runs an automatic send receive and hangs on the last message While that is happening I can t send anymore emails neither can I receive email If I then proceed to close Outlook it actually stays active in the background and the only way to force shutdown is via Task Manager If I then reopen Outlook it will download all the mail until the last one when it gets stuck again rinse and repeat I had a similar problem with Vista and Outlook earlier in the year when I was away on holiday and accessing email via mobile broadband but put this down to a weak connection out in the wilds of north Wales at the time When I upgraded to Win everything was fine until I upgraded to Office then it started up again I have several pop email accounts - a couple from the business domain plus a personal one Before changing to Outlook I was downloading from all of those plus Hotmail email via Outlook connector and also Gmail I went back to basics last week removed all the email accounts and then started adding them back in one by one I installed the two business emails off the same domain name first together with Hotmail and they worked fine for a couple of days so I added the personal email address off a different domain This worked fine for a few hours but now everything is getting stuck again I haven t added Gmail back in yet so can probably exclude that as causing the problem I would be inclined to blame Outlook if it hadn t happened before plus Googling this query other people seem to have the problem with other versions of Outlook but I can t find a solution so any help would be very gratefully appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-not-completing-send-receive-and-doesnt-close-down-properly.881339/
Relevancy 48.59%

The cmd. closes as soon as I open it.It does not stay open even for a second so I can't type any command in it.

A:Why does my cmd close as soon as i open it.

How do you open cmd? Check if directories "C:\Windows\system32" and "C:\Windows" are listed in your environment $PATH variableTo check it, do this:1. Right-click Computer and select Properties.2. Click the Advanced system settings link on the left.3. Click the Environment variables button.4. Find Path in the System variables list box and click the Edit button.5. Check/add those two directories, separated by a semicolon and terminated by a semicolon, at the front of the path environment variable. (this is a one line entry. brows carefully with the curser through the line)6. OK out of everything.Now, a bigger question is "What happened to the Path variable in the first place?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/why-does-my-cmd-close-as-soon-as-i-open-it/19495.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Twice now I have put the machine to sleep, checked an hour or so later that it is indeed suspended, but found sometime later when I return that it is running. When I check the system log, I can't see what has caused the machine to resume - eg for last night I see a message in the system log at 23:01 "The system is entering sleep.", followed by a couple of messages about services entering the stopped state, and then at 03:00:

"The system has resumed from sleep.

Sleep Time: ‎2009‎-‎01‎-‎27T12:01:33.141601600Z
Wake Time: ‎2009‎-‎01‎-‎27T16:00:13.645507800Z

Wake Source: Unknown"

Nick

A:Sleep doesn't

Hello Nick,

Do you have a wireless mouse/keyboard. I have had turning on my tele. wake the computer since I go a wireless mouse. Me turning the phone on while next to the comp.

Also could be from a network card. Go to device manager and then to the properties for these devices. Look for a 'Power Management' tab and deselect 'Allow this device to wake the computer' for as many as you can. See if that fixes it.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/3028-sleep-doesnt.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Nokia Lumia 830 and ever since Friday, every time I try to use my camera, it closes the app as soon as it tries to open it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441593-why-does-my-camera-app-close-soon-i-try-open.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey I ve got a PC running XP Pro SP It s clean no virus spyware etc But IE doesn t work When you try to run it the process opens in Task Manager Processes tab not in applications seen close, Has IE open! won't process this won't before? anybody tab and is MB in size But IE doesn t open And when I click on it to Has anybody seen this before? IE process won't close, won't open! End Process it simply doesn t do anything It refuses to close not even with a rd party process manager Nor does IE ever open either On a fresh reboot there is no Has anybody seen this before? IE process won't close, won't open! IE process open So I searched the hard drive for iexplore and deleted every file This in the program files folder in I folder in prefetch etc Windows apparently replaces with a new one anyway after they are all deleted Probably Windows file protection But at least it gets a new copy however it still doesn t work I also ran a script which reinstalls IE copying the files including iexplore off the XP Has anybody seen this before? IE process won't close, won't open! CD Still doesn t work IE does work in Safe Mode though I was reading stuff online and as per that I told Windows NOT to write alerts or tell me when programs crash etc So that drwatson and debugmgr or whatever it s called don t run when it crashes But it doesn t appear to be crashing just opening a process and getting stuck and not doing anything It is actually pretty frustrating to see the process there but it won t close and I can t do anything about it And where is Windows getting a new copy of iexplore exe since I deleted every copy I could find I checked the system dllcache it wasn t in there Wasn t in Windows Driver cache either So I don t know where Windows is replacing the file from when I delete it Any ideas nbsp

A:Has anybody seen this before? IE process won't close, won't open!

Quick update:

When the stuck IEXPLORE.EXE is open, it will not shut down or restart within a decent time. That is, it may shut down, but only after 4 or 5 minutes, takes a long time to close processes and a long time to log off.

During one particular restart, a box popped up saying "SysFader" was not responding, asking do I want to close it. This process was not listed in taskmanager.
I read online it could be nvidia, or IE page transitions, or even a type of virus. But maybe that helps some to figure it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/has-anybody-seen-this-before-ie-process-wont-close-wont-open.41185/
Relevancy 47.73%

Finally i managed to get on here Explorer exe opens and closes evry - seconds and sometimes vanishes alltogether it took numerous attemps to get onto the internet for some help with this i have tried safe booting and creating another admin account and all else failed open close Explorer.exe and Running windows XP Pro sp here is the hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Explorer.exe open and close Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Explorer.exe open and close exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ISP Monitor isp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings waa Desktop HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pipex com homepage redirect R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run ISPMonitor C Program Files ISP Monitor isp exe O - Extra context menu item amp Mass Downloader download this file - C Program Files Mass Downloader Add Url htm O - Extra context menu item Mass Downloader download amp All files - C Program Files Mass Downloader Add All htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe file missing O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF EB E A- A - AB -A FB- BD C F F CKAVWebScan Object - http www kaspersky com kos eng partner default kavwebscan unicode cab O - DPF A F D- AFA- -A FD- BD Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http spaces msn com PhotoUpload MsnPUpld c... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-open-and-close.715936/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all. I am having a problem with my cd/dvd writer. It had gotten to where it wouldn't open unless a disc was in there. I guess it balances it out or something I dunno. Anyways I had let it close without putting another disc in there and when it closes with nothing in there it seems to hang. So after pushing the eject button quit a few times it finally opened and I put a disc in there and went to close it. Now it's just kind of stuck part way open. Almost closed but not quite there yet. I don't know if it's just worn out or not. It's lightscribed enabled if that makes any difference at all. Any suggestions?

A:CD writer won't open or close!

i'd say it's time 2 invest in a new one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-writer-wont-open-or-close.716077/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All,

I m using windows 7 Ultimate x64 OS. I fond that there is a program running and suddenly it opens and closing. I searched for this and did some remedies.
- cancel some start up services.
- cancel reporting errors.

somethings like that. but the problem didn't solve. can anyone help me with this?

Thank You

A:Open and Close Program

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Which Programs are causing the issues ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/349516-open-close-program.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Tbh I really dont like this browser but still I sometimes use it so, how to keep it open when I close last tab like Opera and Mozilla (w/ add-on)

A:How to keep Edge open after I close last tab?

Originally Posted by AV2RY Tbh I really dont like this browser but still I sometimes use it so, how to keep it open when I close last tab like Opera and Mozilla (w/ add-on) Mozilla can stay open even after closing the last tab?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/410191-how-keep-edge-open-after-i-close-last-tab.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I use Zone Alarm Pro. Ran a Trojan Horse Scan at Sygate and was informed:

"You are not fully protected:
We have detected that some of our probes connected with your computer."

3 Port numbers were given as open. How would I close them please?

Thanks,
T2

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem when i open IE it goes to my homepage google once i click any link or do anything IE closes they IE/firefox-i close open, I ran McAfee scan it found nothing i used the windows IE/firefox-i open, they close search tool to search the internet i downloaded and installed firefox that seemed to work i was able to use the internet on firefox with no problems all day the next day i turn on my pc and now firefox is doing the same thing i open it and once i do anything it closes i now am using opera which is working but im afraid it will just to the same thing as IE and firefox tomarrow I have attached the gmer dds and my dxdiag files and below is the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system drivers ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook no name - D CB- - A -BFA - AF FCB - no file O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run tgcmd C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe server startmonitor deaf O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKLM Run brastk C WINDOWS system brastk exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run igndlm exe C Program Files IGN Download Manager DLM exe windowsstart startifwork O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeU... Read more

A:IE/firefox-i open, they close

also i have done searchs on google and yahoo. both come up with monstermarketplace, info. com, findstuff, flow. tv, crackle, heavy, and a few other site no matter what i search for

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-firefox-i-open-they-close-313518.html
Relevancy 47.73%

http www techsupportforum com secu ers-close html My problem is probaly face like that person my explorer exe wont last long Then i use kaspersky internet security and make a full on how open Explorer.exe it always? and keep to close, scan i have deleted trojan quaratined trojan Then my explorer exe has no problem again but i accidenly exit my KIS so the second day my explorer exe gone crazy again I dun wish it hide in my comp if i accidently exit my antivirus What should i do now This is my HJT logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Explorer.exe open and close, how to keep it on always? XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Explorer.exe open and close, how to keep it on always? processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Files DNA btdna exe quot O - HKCU Run SpeedConnectStartUp C Program Files CBS Software SpeedConnect Internet Accelerator SpeedConnectStartUp exe -run O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup AutorunsDisabled O - Extra context menu item amp Download All with FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com ge sh swflash cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D E D- D - D- A -D EF NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E D- D - D- A -D EF NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E D- D - D- A -D EF NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D E D- D - D- A -D EF NameServer O - AppIni... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

Is it possible to directly open and/or close ports with Windows XP Pro?
And, if my ISP is blocking certain ports, is it possible to unblock them from the computer?
Thanks for your input.

A:Open and close ports?

No. A port is there for a purpose, not just to be opened and closed. If you want a port open you need a program to listen on that port. If you want a port closed, exit the program listening on it, or get a firewall.

And again No. Your ISP is blocking ports for a purpose, not so that you can unblock them when you feel like it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-and-close-ports.160234/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell Dimension 4300 w/ Win XP. The Samsung CD-RW/DVD drive SM-308 will not open and will not read a disk. It will not open from the button or the Eject command in the software. Restarting has not worked. I have manually removed the disc by rolling the gears and put in a different CD, but that hasn't worked either. Any help?

-Michael

A:CD-ROM won't open, close or read.

Check to make sure the power connector for the drive hasn't come loose. if not then the drive may have simply died, they are inexpensive to replace.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-wont-open-close-or-read.634220/
Relevancy 47.73%

Suddenly after MS update today, can't open or close FF.

I downloaded version 49 but it won't install while FF is running. Each attempt to launch just stacks another icon in the taskbar. Right click brings up a "close" option that don't work.

Attempt to uninstall says "Program must be closed to uninstall." Ketch 22.

Help.

Don

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/firefox-wont-close-or-open.311879/
Relevancy 47.73%

I know this has been asked before but I have tried a number of solutions and I cant seem to fix it I just formatted re-open won't close I it. iTunes once my PC I can clearly remember I did not had this problem before same OS Win ultimate b same hardware etc I start my pc and iTunes won't re-open once I close it. it works fine but if I close it somehow it never really quot closes quot as I still see it on the task manager therefore I cant really open it if I force-close it I DO can open it but it freezes and its useless so yeah the only way to get it to work is if I restart my PC again Among things I have tried Disabling random things like bonjour iTunes apple related things from start up Reinstalling Itunes and all apple related things Formatting my freaking PC seems similar to the problem described on iTunes won't re-open won't shut down I have tried what they tell you to do and it does not help If anyone got an advice or needs additional info to provide some kind of help let me know

A:iTunes won't re-open once I close it.

nvm tried something dumb and somewhat worked, if anyone else having this problem, try installing an outdatted itunes version

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/202663-itunes-wont-re-open-once-i-close.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My Dell Dimension 3000 display runs generally in XP Style
However the open/close procedure has recently reverted to Classic style.
How can I make it revert to XP ?

A:open/close format

Hi, scroll down to 187, right hand side, restore luna theme.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-close-format.765689/
Relevancy 47.73%

etaf said uarr routers to doesn't unable it open webpage open would you post back the following lets see what the default gateway is - as you say you are connected to the router OK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ipconfig all If you cannot access the internet with this PC then you will need to paste the results into unable to open routers webpage it doesn't open something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here We would like to see the results from ipconfig all post back the results here - gt Start - gt unable to open routers webpage it doesn't open XP - enter the following in the RUN box cmd k ipconfig all - gt Vista or Windows - enter the following in the Search box cmd k ipconfig all A black box will appear on the screen - rightclick in the box select all enter control key C key - to copy then reply here and control key V to paste ------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to expand I have same problem Windows IP Configuration Host Name Retta-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - D- - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce fb faae b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July AM Lease Expires Tuesday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -B - - D- - C- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes and i want my NAT type to be open but when i go to my routers webpage it doesn t open plz help nbsp

A:unable to open routers webpage it doesn't open

i have moved you post to a thread of its own

Is this the same problem as you have here http://forums.techguy.org/networking/933697-anyone-help-plz-i-need.html or is this some thing different
If the same let me know by replying and I will merge the posts.

Would you post back the make and model of the router and if seperate the modem
ALSO
post back exactly how you have the router connected up - tell us what cables are plugged into what sockets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-routers-webpage-it-doesnt-open.933750/
Relevancy 47.3%

Running a self built system that was working nicely for over a year,now when I put it in sleep mode it won't wake up without pushing the power button and then sometimes I have to switch the power off on the back of the system and let it sit for a minute before it will restart. Running Windows 7 Ultimate

A:Sleep doesn't wake up like it used to

Did you install SP1? Have you checked for driver updates for chipset and video? What else is supposed to wake the computer? Mouse? Keyboard? Check Power Management settings for those devices in Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-doesnt-wake-up-like-it-used-to.1046080/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay, here's the problem, it all seems to have started when I plugged my 360 into my router, but I'm not sure if that's the problem. Whenever I set a pre-designated time for my computer to go into sleep mode, it won't ever actually go into sleep mode. I've tried unplugging the Ethernet chord from the back of the 360 to see if it would solve the problem. That's a big "NO!" So I've come to you guys for help. The monitor will go into sleep mode, just not the actual computer. I can forcefully put it into sleep mode with the buttons on the keyboard and computer, but not any other way. Please help!

Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop doesn't seem to go to sleep like other PCs I've used but I haven't worked out exactly where the issue lies nbsp If I START gt POWER gt SHUTDOWN it turns off properly nbsp If I START gt POWER gt SLEEP it appears to go to sleep but I come back to it and find it on again with an empty battery - the X2 to Pro doesn't sleep seem properly same thing happens when I use the little power switch thing on the back of the screen nbsp If I close the unit or not seems to make no difference either nbsp Can anyone tell me what I'm meant to do to be able to put the unit into standby reliably so I can take advantage of having a portable PC rather than an embarrasing mains-tethered computer when I turn up to a client's premises can I use a plug please I seem to have gone flat AGAIN nbsp or just reverting Pro X2 doesn't seem to sleep properly to shutting down and rebooting a dozen times a day nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Pro-X2-doesn-t-seem-to-sleep-properly/td-p/5774755
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have been using this new machine for last months from doesn't P50 wake up sleep and am experiencing this issue from time to time When I don't work on the laptop I just close the lid After some time I see that the red led light on the lid goes blinking P50 doesn't wake up from sleep on slow pace - that tells me the machine has gone into sleep mode Now when I come back to the machine later usually I see either the red led is still blinking or completely gone off I open the lid the machine wakes up and I can start working on nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp However at times when I come back I see that the red led on the lid is constantly on In those occasions when I open the lid the machine doesn't wake up I see that the greed led on the power button is constantly on - so that kind of indicates that the machine IS probably awake But the screen is black empty as if its still sleeping In these situations I normally end up with force restarting the machine - making me to reopen all the nbsp applications once again if not loosing some work data nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Is there anywya I can tweak any setting or follow any best practice - that can prevent this issue from re-ocurring nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/3375282
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, Sorry for yet another post....
When I put my laptop into sleep mode, the screen goes off but the fans stay on? It's been like this for a while now so I've just been putting it to Hibernate instead, but I'm sure the fans used to go off when it was in sleep mode??

A:fan doesn't go off in sleep mode

Originally Posted by vista890

Hi, Sorry for yet another post....
When I put my laptop into sleep mode, the screen goes off but the fans stay on? It's been like this for a while now so I've just been putting it to Hibernate instead, but I'm sure the fans used to go off when it was in sleep mode??

the processsor is overheating so it needs to keep running to cool it down to normal temperature, afterall, it is still running in sleep mode, you can fix this with a can of pressurised air and giving it a good blow out from the dust.

MrNeeds

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290675-fan-doesnt-go-off-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 47.3%

when i click on Sleep button looks like sleeping, but PC goes off...all the times..., weeks ago it was working reasonably properly.because Wake button never had worked, I needed to press On button to wake it up. But simply now is boring to turn it on several times per day.

A:PC doesn't sleep ....anymore

Control Panel > power options Set all choices to never / click OK restart the computer . If after a wait nothing happens -- go back and set one choice at a time . restarting between each setting .See if that works .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-sleep-anymore.872640/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an 2003 Windows XP Dell desktop. Lately in order to return from sleep, I have to push the power button. Why would this be happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365546/doesnt-come-back-from-sleep/
Relevancy 47.3%

I made no changes, but my PC doesn't sleep anymore. I can leave it for hours, come back and the monitor is still brightly lit and my email is up to date. The turn off display is set at 30 minutes, and Put computer to sleep at 1 hour.

A:my pc doesn't sleep anymore.

Hello and welcome cpzachar how long has it been like that?

Plus could you tell us what is set in the Control Panel Power options High performance Balanced etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/266967-my-pc-doesnt-sleep-anymore.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello TSG My girlfriend is having a few difficulties with her GB Buffalo External Hard Drive As of this morning her Laptop hasn t been able to turn on if the HDD is plugged in and turn HDD Solved: if HDD Laptop doesn't plugg Doesn't - is EXT EXT BSOD's on recognise if she plugs the HDD in while turned on the Laptop doesn t recognise it and Blue Screens after a few minutes She hasn t had the Hard Drive long coming up to a year now and her Laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens with Windows OS She says she doesn t want to reformat though it sounds more of a power issue to me if possible as she has a lot of photographs and work on there she doesn t wish to loose If anyone has any idea what s wrong please let us know Thanks a lot EDIT - I just advised her to try plugging the EXT HDD into another plug socket and low and behold it works again She said however that when she plugged it in blue sparks flickered Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg at Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg the socket for a few seconds which really doesn t sound good Any idea if it s the HDD s plug itself going or is it Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg the sockets in her room lt gt Cheers nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg

Can you try the external drive on another PC as a test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-doesnt-recognise-ext-hdd-bsods-doesnt-turn-on-if-ext-hdd-is-plugg.922021/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've never seen this problem before in my life and it has me mortified.

My Sony VAIO starts. It's plugged in normally. The power lights flash, it checks the CD-RW drive, and then remains on with the main power light on and the fan on, but the screen remains black and nothing else happens. Windows XP doesn't load. No Sony logo, no "Operating system not found," nothing. It's like it's had a lobotomy.

I haven't installed anything new, and the notebook has just been sitting around unplugged for a few days. The last thing I used it for was to burn a CD with Windows Media Player. The only change I can think of is that my USB tablet isn't plugged in.

Any suggestions? Thanks, everybody.

A:Solved: XP VAIO laptop starts, Windows doesn't, screen doesn't seem to.

If it has a battery installed, try removing that. Then with the laptop power plug UNplugged press and hold the power button for a second or two.

Then plug the power adapter back in WITHOUT replacing the battery and see if you can get a normal start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-vaio-laptop-starts-windows-doesnt-screen-doesnt-seem-to.351731/
Relevancy 47.3%

Iwant to delete a file. I am logged on as Administrator, have taken ownership, have Effective Permission to perform a deletion, but I am unable to delete a file because it is being used by another program.

I performed a Safe Mode boot; tried to delete it and still it was being used by another program.

The file name is shellext.dll. It's location is C:/Programs & Files/ Microsoft Security Client.
How can find out what program has opened it and close it?

KC

A:How can I close a file that is open in another program ?

I seems that the file is part of MSE antivirus and the file is the shell extension that provides shortcuts inside Windows Explorer. Why you want to delete that?
Even if you manage to do so, having a missing file might cripple MSE or create problems with Windows explorer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/277904-how-can-i-close-file-open-another-program.html
Relevancy 47.3%

For some reason my computer will do a couple of things, either when i close it and open it again it will be frozen on the login screen so i have to restart my computer to get it working again, or the same problem will happen except it will have a black screen and wont come into picture so i have to do the same thing as before. I also received this message when using my support assist on windows ( DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(iaStorA.sys)) please help.