Windows Support Forum

HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

Q: HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 92.02%

hi there i accidentally erased my recovery drive and i would like to get back to the original factory state because im having a lot of issues with the windows 10 'upgrade' . can you please send me a link to get it?

A:hi there i need the recovery manager for HP Pavilion dv7 Not...

Hi, You'll need to use your Recovery Media to reinstall Windows 7 - a guide on using this media to reinstall Windows is on the document below. Performing A System Recovery - Windows 7. If you don't have this, see if you can still order it from HP on the link below. http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5082216... If this is no longer available from HP, you can still order this media from the 3rd party re-seller on the following link. http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-21335-windows-7-64b-recovery-kit-658854-001-for-hp-pavilion-entert... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hi-there-i-need-the-recovery-manager-for-HP-Pavilion-dv7/td-p/5615186
Relevancy 89.87%

hi all.so i have this hp laptop with vista running on it,i need to reset it to factory settings but i cant find the recovery manager.i tried f11 when restarting,i tried alt+f11,i tried to find it in disc manager.so far i cant do it.any help will be appreciated

A:hp pavilion dv9000 vista recovery manager

Vista Recovery:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00809678  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion-dv9000-vista-recovery-manager/td-p/1597575
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey I have just built a custom pc and I m having problems I m sure I have done everything correctly However it kept freezing and then I have to power down every time but now it won t let me go forward from the Windows Error Recovery When I get on the page is will not let me use my keyboard to select either option and if I leave it to select Launch Startup Repair it goes back to me windows error past won't New recovery Solved: take pc the same page instantly Also my graphics card was working but the drivers were not installed I was about to do it Solved: New pc won't take me past windows error recovery as the system crashed Hope you can help here is the parts I used CPU AMD FX Black Edition Core GHz MB Level Cache MB Level Cache Socket AM W MOTHERBOARD ASRock GM U S FX Motherboard GRAPHICS CARD Gigabyte GeForce GT Overclocked Graphics Card GB DDR PCI-E RAM Komputerbay GB x GB Pin MHz PC - DDR DIMM Memory Module HARD DRIVE WD TB SATAII MB Cache -inch Internal Hard Drive OEM- Caviar Green CASE PSU SPIRE SP B- W-PFC-HD ATX BUSINESS CASES COOLBOX HD W PSU USB - Components Computer Cases OPTICAL DRIVE LiteOn IHAS - x SATA Half Height Internal DVDRW Drive OS Windows home premium bit no product code enter skipped it nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

I am just about at my wits end with this. My computer will not load past windows error recovery page and I have read and tried all of the options i can find. I just want to to get my laptop to factory restore but when i try to do that i cannot get past the repair your computer button without it going back to advanced boot settings. I really need help and ive tried reading other forums but im confused and frustrated. Please help me if you can. I have a dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 loaded on it. I have had thoa laptop for 2 years and have not been able to use it for the past 6 months.

If any more info is needed i will suply it,
Thankyou,
Victoria.

A:cannot factory restore- cannot get past windows error recovery

Go here: Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 | Dell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-factory-restore-cannot-get-past-windows-error-recovery-631487.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Okay I'm recovery" Vista past "windows error won't boot having real problems here Along with the problem with my laptop not connecting to the internet this morning I've run into a problem with my desktop dell running windows vista home When I sat down to the computer it had a bluish black screen and Vista won't boot past "windows error recovery" nothing would bring it out of that state I turned it on and off and Vista won't boot past "windows error recovery" now I'm getting a quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen It shows quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot It then gives me two items to select from quot Launch startup repair recommended and start windows normally quot I've tried both and it just keeps coming back to this screen When I click on Launch startup repair it instantly goes back to this screen When I click on start normally it runs through the startup and then goes back to this screen I've tried safe mode and all of the items you can pick from and it goes to this screen also I can't get past the quot Windows error recovery quot I'm having problems with my laptop and I believe its due to windows updates so if it had updates installing I'm sure my desktop may have been loading updates and either they messed up my windows startup files or maybe they were installing when the power went out or when I turned it off manually Anyway any help I can get would be appreciated Both computers are down and I'm computer stupid Thanks in advance for the help

A:Vista won't boot past "windows error recovery"

Subscribed. Having same problem on my desktop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235610/vista-wont-boot-past-windows-error-recovery/
Relevancy 83.42%

Firstly I have to explain I am very inexperianced in all things computing and have only owned used one since September last Lo I enjoy it so much I bought Windows will page. error recovery Computer not past Boot another one S hand over the net a couple of weeks ago so it begins Machine is a HP p Computer will not Boot past Windows error recovery page. running Vista Business with Office pro and a lot of Adobe apps as soon has I recieved it I dropped down Belarc Advisor which verified all hardware and software Computer will not Boot past Windows error recovery page. were in order Over the next few days I updated both the MS and Adobe MS also verified the system updateing with Vista SP amongest others I then uninstalled the provided Antivirus Avast free and installed my own Security apps Kaspersky which comes curtousy of my ISP SuperAntiSpyware free and Guardian Anti-Spy The latter of these Guardian identified one malware program Trojan CIA B Door which I believed it had removed it was only later while googling my problems I became aware how serious and sophisticated a threat this particular malware is I switched on one Saturday morning turned my back to make a cup of tea when I returned it was a complete burn out Antivirus gone wireless connection gone everything frozen and locked up solid From there it's been all down hill has no recovery disks or partition were provided with the machine and the seller either will not or cannot respond to my requests for help To the point were we are now - cannot Boot out of windows error recover page However I have found the Vista Recovery Restore CD hosted by Neosmart Bless em and have attempted to repair and or restore the OS a number of times though all unsuccessful it has provided some error messages which are system restore failed due to an unspecified error The device is not ready x c windows bfsvc exe this message over a black box flashes up very briefly during repair process As it seems to me I have to be able to Boot into windows before I can attempt to do anything else I have tried to repair the Boot file as I noted in the advice Of quot Groovicus quot to another member's problems RE Bootrec exe I tried the first two options FixMbr and Fix Boot neither had any effect and I don't have enough experiance and or confidence to take this option any further without guidance I would ask if there is anyone with any advice out there - I'ed be very greatful to hear it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239388/computer-will-not-boot-past-windows-error-recovery-page/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally. When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect".  I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes. Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Crashes-when-I-try-to-make-Recovery/td-p/5757604
Relevancy 82.99%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 82.99%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 81.27%

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

A:Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings.  Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7.  Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings.  Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-Recovery-environment-not-doing-anything/td-p/5685793
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 81.27%

I removed some spyware and recovery from Manager not Recovery Gateway the does work viruses from my father-in-laws computer It works ok for a little bit but then I will get a BSOD with the STOP x e error I do not have the peripherals that originally were installed on the system as I only took the tower to work on and have my own mouse keyboard and monitor installed Would this cause the problem At any rate I want to use the Gateway Recovery Center to do a factory system restore When I open it up and chose the factory restore option it wants me to restart my computer I chose to restart but it doesn't do the restore I have also asked it before to do a scandisk check recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work on start up but it won't do that either I have the mini dump files from the BSOD messages but I am just wondering if I should go ahead and take it back to his house and hook up the normal monitor and such and see if I get the BSOD then It doesn't seem to have any particular triggers like now I have had it on and running just fine for about minutes just trying the things that I have tried before It is running Windows Update now as it hasn't had any updates since March of this year I did a System Restore and then used Spybot S D to remove what was there whatever it had at the time would cause the computer to go to a blank white screen after about seconds on the desktop at startup I was told that it had started with some FBI pop up that was asking them to send to them to unlock their system or such Spybot caught a trojan something like fakeporn and removed it Since then the computer will start up normally but then give me te BSOD after a while It will start in safemode and run ok Guide me OMG don't judge me

A:recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work

This might help:http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...0x0000007e seems to often relate to drivers and 0x0000008e to RAM. If there is a virus still about then you could get confusing BSOD errors.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-from-the-gateway-recovery-manager-does-not-work/13395.html
Relevancy 81.27%

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

A:HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 81.27%

My laptop came with Windows bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset It was nbsp protected by the HP recovery manager After i update to Windows reset my PC not factory reset create manager media recovery recovery without with the option keep my files so now i have a Windows and i can create recovery media without recovery manager see nbsp in recovery partition nbsp one recovery folder and inside it one file of name lang in the Recovery partition rest of the files and i can't create recovery media without recovery manager see and there isn't any virus in my laptop its just create recovery media without recovery manager of changing settings i took the step of reset windows i believe my recovery partition is save but due to un availability of recovery manager it is not protected nbsp now i want to factory reset and by going to advance startup option i saw recovery manager ther but when i clicked to recovery manager it says can't open file x recovery hp rita-tool thats why i cannot proceed for factoey reset please guide me how can i get back recovery manager or how can i make recovery media nbsp please help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/create-recovery-media-without-recovery-manager/td-p/5832416
Relevancy 81.27%

I had deleted recovery partition because of boot mgr error. pre-installed OS: Windows 8.1 I have also ordered two sets of hp recovery disc but both shows same error (boot mgr) but yesterday I can't even open system recovery from hp recovery disc by press F11, even I try to change bios setting from secure boot to legacy boot but can't  open system recovery  What I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-t-open-HP-recovery-manager-from-hp-recovery-disc/td-p/5798200
Relevancy 79.55%

We own a HP Pavilion a c desktop PC The power supply failed so we installed a new one Now when I turn on the computer a black screen comes up with a message saying quot Disk boot Manager: Runtime C++ Error Recovery failure Insert system disk and press enter quot The preceeding blue HP screen has the options for Recovery Manager: C++ Runtime Error boot menu setup and system recovery The system recovery is the only one of the that doesn't work We then purchased the recovery disc from HP directly So I inserted the Recovery Disk and the Recovery Manager began to kick in However after I click quot YES quot when asked if I want to restore the computer to factory setting an error message appears Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Program X windows system RESTORE EXE abnormal program termination After this appears the computer restarts and the same thing happens over and over again One interesting thing I noticed was that when I removed the Hard Drive completely the system goes through the exact same process The hard drive is powering up with the computer Is it possible that the hard drive isn't being recognized Is there a way to completely format the hard drive without using the recovery disks Would that even help If you've experienced this and been able to resolve it please respond to this post Thanks

A:Recovery Manager: C++ Runtime Error

Do you have latest version of C++ Runtime Package from MS installed?

If not I would advise updating. Worked for my C++ Runtime prob.
Cheers,
Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-manager-c-runtime-error-356390.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Getting error code 0xFFEE018 in a popup with an ok button, after clicking ok get another error code 0xFFEE023.The motherboards in two machines were just replaced and now getting this error on both machines when attempting to run the recovery media.After talking to hp support they sent a second recovery USB Drive but it did not help.We have run the DMI tool and loaded the serial number, etc into the new motherboards. Note that this tool is only available to authorized service providers and we are one.

A:Stream 11 Pro Recovery Manager Error

I was able to resolve the issue, there were problems with the feature byte.I guess I should say teacher fights since it affected two machines.In one case the problem was when we read the internal label we interpreted one letter to be a lower case n and it was actually an h.In the other case a different character had been misentered.After correcting the feature byte we were able to run the recovery media.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Stream-11-Pro-Recovery-Manager-Error/td-p/5449658
Relevancy 78.69%

i have ordered the hp recovery dvd . whenever i m trying to recover using this hp recovery dvd it is showing an error oxffeeo18.can you please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-manager-showing-oxffeeo18-error/td-p/5792965
Relevancy 78.69%

I downloaded some updates offered by windows update last night The first time my computer was restarted i came to the windows error recovery and Error recovery screens manager boot screen and gave me the options of launching startup repair or start windows normally I chose to start it normally and it started up just fine But the next time it was restarted and came to the same screen i could start windows normally it Error recovery and boot manager screens kept bringing me back to that screen So i launched start up repair which brought me to windows boot manager screen that said to insert my windows installation disk restart my computer and then follow the directions n prompts and to chose repair to fix the error s I did that and then my computer restarted again Now it just goes back and forth between those two screens and wont let me get any further The st error report i got was file storport sys status xc The second was windows system boot winload exe status xc said it may have been corrupt b c the checksum didnt match the computed checksum I need my computer its got my lifes info on so if anyone could please help me i would appriciate it so much really

A:Error recovery and boot manager screens

I'm not sure if this'll work (but it won't hurt).
Start up Startup Repair again, and select "Command Prompt" in the Advanced options dialog.

Type "sfc.exe /scannow" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
See if it runs and let us know what it says.

If it doesn't fix the problem (you still can't boot into Windows), then try the System Restore option in Startup Repair and set it back to a date before this error started happening.

Let us know how it works out.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233734-error-recovery-boot-manager-screens.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I am trying to use recovery manager to backup computer but keep getting error xe ef e nbsp I have tried to backup several times with different file type selections nbsp I tried backing up nbsp as follows nbsp All Files All Files except for Pictures and just Pictures see the following Recover report nbsp The nd choice was successful so do Recovery error Backup Manager HP 0xe0ef000e not understand how the destination drive can be the problem nbsp I also ran chkdisk on the C drive but get no errors nbsp There is GB free on the external USB drive nbsp Do not understand why I keep getting this error nbsp nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Operation File Backup starts Result nbsp nbsp nbsp Recovery Manager could not back up your files Possible causes The removable disk drive HP Recovery Manager Backup error 0xe0ef000e doesn't have enough free space available The system partition doesn't have enough free space HP Recovery Manager Backup error 0xe0ef000e available A drive disc compatibility issue Destination device is not connected To fix this issue free up some space on the removable disk drive and system partition select another disk to back up your files to or ensure destination device is connected If the problem persists please contact HP support Error code xe ef e Result nbsp nbsp nbsp File Backup is cancalled Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Operation File Backup starts Result nbsp nbsp nbsp File Backup is completed Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Leave Recovery Manager nbsp Date nbsp Event nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Execute Recovery Manager Operation File Backup starts Result nbsp nbsp nbsp Recovery Manager could not back up your files Possible causes The removable disk drive doesn't have enough free space available The system partition doesn't have enough free space available A drive disc compatibility issue Destination device is not connected To fix this issue free up some space on the removable disk drive and system partition select another disk to back up your files to or ensure destination device is connected If the problem persists please contact HP support Error code xe ef e

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Backup-error-0xe0ef000e/td-p/5734725
Relevancy 78.26%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 77.83%

Dear Sir,                  I  am trying to create a USB Recovery media by HP Recovery Manager, but their is an error message which is shown as below. This is the first time i am creating the recovery USB Flash Drive in my laptop. Request early resolution

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ERROR-IN-HP-RECOVERY-MANAGER-WHILE-CREATING-USB-FLASH/td-p/5651946
Relevancy 77.83%

My Envy Desktop computer was hacked and I was left with a required PIN to open the HardDrive I've already licked my wounds and nbsp moved on with a rebuilt HD using DVDs from original configuration nbsp nbsp BUT I saved the original Envy's lock HD in hopes that I could somehow nbsp retrieve the personal data With a number of chat sessions over the Manager on Backup Hacked Recovery Error 0xe0e0fooe Dri... Using last days nbsp 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... this is where I am at Short version nbsp This locked Envy hard drive was purchased with Windows HP sent me Windows when 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... it became available and I upgraded using the MS Windows Upgrade disc from HP I upgraded to Windows at the end of last year I allowed my computer to be hacked by a FAKE Norton agent to remove a bogus worm nbsp I interrupted the session Attempt to reboot computer I was left with a required PIN to open HD before getting to Windows Login With HP help nbsp it was nbsp discovered that nbsp we can get into the Windows Recovery Manager Personal File Recovery routine using nbsp recovery particition of HD when reinstalled in the Envy computer It can not be accessed using nbsp with a HD to USB connection HP recommended NOT connecting it as Drive in computer for fear of 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... residual virus attach on good HD nbsp The Recovery Manager Collects a Gb backup file and Asks for Media Device I first chose the DVD ROM Prepared for numberous discs for the backup nbsp Got the xe e fooe error Chat with HP support Use a properly sized USB stick Purchased Gb USB stick and reattempt back up Same xe e fooe error Another Chat with HP and was told the USB Stick had to be formated NTFS I did so and took an hour plus Re-attempted Recovery Manager Back Up same error xe e fooe For practice and confirmation I attempted the same recovery on wife's Pavallion All-In-One Upgraded in the same manner Same issues as discribed above with the locked drive of my Envy nbsp Desktop nbsp I have been most happy with my numerous chat sessions but I think I'm getting mixed information for successfully completing a Recovery Manager Back Up routine on an OS upgraded HP 'box' nbsp nbsp I read this form this morning and there appeared to be information that this Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine will NOT work on a computer that has been upgraded to Windows nbsp nbsp Is there concise information available for nbsp using the Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine nbsp My short search for answers have not revealed a need for a NTFS formated device nbsp Exactly what do we nbsp do when using this Recovery Manager on a Windows upgraded computer nbsp Thank You in advance for sharing you expertise

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/0xe0e0fooe-Error-Using-Recovery-Manager-Backup-on-Hacked/td-p/5616204
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everyone, First post here. Sorry if there's a rule I'm unaware of that goes against posting this question.  I backed up my files using HP Recovery utlity. Upon reinstallation, I brought the folder to Desktop from an external source. Firstly, the problem is Recovery Manager failed. Error code = FFFFFF 18. This comes up when I click on the Restore.exe from inside the backup folder which contains a .txt file, a few .DLL files and two folders - namely Language and FBData.The FBData contains large SWM files.  I read this post here and the proposed solution but it did not work and I could not view the contents of the SWM files/folders. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-Recover-after-Image-Re...  I am using:HP ENVY Notebook - 17-k251na BIOS:F.43-07/29/2016 OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Best regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-failed-Error-code-FFFFFF-18/td-p/5732390
Relevancy 77.83%

My Envy Desktop computer was hacked and I was left with a required PIN to open the HardDrive I've already licked my wounds and nbsp moved on with on Manager Error Backup Dri... 0xe0e0fooe Using Hacked Recovery a rebuilt HD using DVDs from original configuration nbsp nbsp BUT I saved 0xe0e0fooe Error Using Recovery Manager Backup on Hacked Dri... the original Envy's lock HD in hopes that I could somehow nbsp retrieve the personal data With a number of chat sessions over the last days nbsp this is where I am at Short version nbsp This locked Envy hard drive was purchased with Windows HP sent me Windows when it became available and I upgraded using the MS Windows Upgrade disc from HP I upgraded to Windows at the end of last year I allowed my computer to be hacked by a FAKE Norton agent to remove a bogus worm nbsp I interrupted the session Attempt to reboot computer I was left with a required PIN to open HD before getting to Windows Login With HP help nbsp it was nbsp discovered that nbsp we can get into the Windows Recovery Manager Personal File Recovery routine using nbsp recovery particition of HD when reinstalled in the Envy computer It can not be accessed using nbsp with a HD to USB connection HP recommended NOT connecting it as Drive in computer for fear of residual virus attach on good HD nbsp The Recovery Manager Collects a Gb backup file and Asks for Media Device I first chose the DVD ROM Prepared for numberous discs for the backup nbsp Got the xe e fooe error Chat with HP support Use a properly sized USB stick Purchased Gb USB stick and reattempt back up Same xe e fooe error Another Chat with HP and was told the USB Stick had to be formated NTFS I did so and took an hour plus Re-attempted Recovery Manager Back Up same error xe e fooe For practice and confirmation I attempted the same recovery on wife's Pavallion All-In-One Upgraded in the same manner Same issues as discribed above with the locked drive of my Envy nbsp Desktop nbsp I have been most happy with my numerous chat sessions but I think I'm getting mixed information for successfully completing a Recovery Manager Back Up routine on an OS upgraded HP 'box' nbsp nbsp I read this form this morning and there appeared to be information that this Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine will NOT work on a computer that has been upgraded to Windows nbsp nbsp Is there concise information available for nbsp using the Recovery Manager Personal File Backup routine nbsp My short search for answers have not revealed a need for a NTFS formated device nbsp Exactly what do we nbsp do when using this Recovery Manager on a Windows upgraded computer nbsp Thank You in advance for sharing you expertise

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/0xe0e0fooe-Error-Using-Recovery-Manager-Backup-on-Hacked/td-p/5616204
Relevancy 77.83%

Dear sir nbsp HP -n TX pavilion ultrabook original windows bit nbsp i nbsp created recovey image on USB flash drive GB nbsp Recovery image 0xEFFFFF08 Error Manager = code Recovery HP failed. was created successfully nbsp apter i got autoupdate on my machine for windows Windows was installed successfully but somehow i noticed a delayed boot uptime inwindoes so thought of going back to Windows since it's apretty new machine with good configurationI did not create backup media for windows I used recovery manager restore to factory condition option to go back to windows by pugging in usb stick on right hand side usb port of the system nbsp I used recovery manager restore to factory condition option to go back to HP Recovery Manager failed. Error code = 0xEFFFFF08 windows by pugging in usb stick on right hand side usb port of the systemI used HP Recovery Manager failed. Error code = 0xEFFFFF08 restote without backing up files option and it took more than days to perform the steps before getting the above error mesage at close to stage I was wondering why it could take so long to recover the machine i read some posts online and then somewhere in HP forums it was mentioned that try to plug in the usb stick on left hand side port and then restore I plugged in USB stick on left hand side it went back to nbsp with in - minutes of time but again got the same error message close to or I unplugged the usb stick and tried again at same port with same error message code In total i have tried - times trying different options with no luck Please advise how can i restore windows now at the moment no OS is installed on the mahcine i treid the hard disk and memory check both passed and seems to be working fine Best Regards P S Weerawardana nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-failed-Error-code-0xEFFFFF08/td-p/5679427
Relevancy 76.97%

I was attempting to create the recovery disks for the HP Window 8.0 laptop. HP Recovery Manager needed 5 disks. After 2 disks made done, I returned to my laptop and saw Window ask me to update Window 8.1. I updated it to Window 8.1.After Window 8.1 update done, when returning HP Recovery manager, it asked me to continue the third recovery disks. I selected "Continue". However, Disk 3 verified failed at 2%, the pop up window asked me to use another disk and try again. I attempted twice but both are failed.How do I fix this to create the entire recovery disks? Thank you for your suggestions.Best Regards,Truc C. Nguyen

A:Error Verify when Create backup Disks in HP Recovery Manager

Below are the answer from HP forum:12-09-2014 09:22 PMYou can order Recovery Media from your support page. Scroll down the list of drivers/software to see the option to order. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/... There is a slight chance you may get a free set if you call HP Support & tell them your laptop fails in the creation process. 800-474-6836======================I called HP Tech Support at 800-474-6836And they asked me S/N number and Product number. I did not have them on hand while travellingI will post following up after I return and call HP in the week of Christmas.Truc C. Nguyen

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/error-verify-when-create-backup-disks-in-hp-recovery-manager/1563.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I need help I have a Acer windows 7 I tried all the possible recovery options the only that can help me is the command prompt I tried most commands but need help thank you
(I do not have a repair disk)

A:Recovery - Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614188/windows-error-recovery/

Specific Acer model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614284/recovery-split-from-httpwwwbleepingcomputercomforumst614188windows-error-recovery/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello My computer has many corrupt files I have done both sfc not processed Recovery - Error being System Discs Recovery 0xc000000f scannow and chkdsk r multiple 0xc000000f Recovery Error - System Recovery Discs not being processed times but the corrupt files still remain Unfortunately my HP's recovery manager is also corrupt so I decided to do a full factory restore Because I couldn't do a full factory restore from the computer I ordered the discs from HP When ever I try to do a recovery from the boot menu F or F I get the following error quot Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I insert the disc but nothing happens The computer returns to the same steps I even tried going through control panel and Full System Restore Again I get the same steps When I press enter it allows me to boot Windows or do a memory diagnostic test I appreciate any help

A:0xc000000f Recovery Error - System Recovery Discs not being processed

Hello and welcome sunnyxm well if yo are trying to just reinstall try this it will save all the bloatware from HP being loaded anyway.

REINSTALL

Forinstalling I prefer a disk to be honest but if you want to try again this isthe one to follow
CleanReinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 make sureit is the right version ie Home Premium or Ultimate whatever you have a codefor and then the language and do not use the ones with a large "N" or"old" beside them.
You can use a disk or USB stick with this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/316737-0xc000000f-recovery-error-system-recovery-discs-not-being-processed.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I'm at a loss and afraid I've lost all my files.   Every time I restarted my computer I kept getting the Windows Boot Manager error message: Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. However, after googling and trying numerous methods to repair this, I now keep getting prompted with the Windows Recovery Manager.  I assumed that choosing the default factory restore option would prompt me with a back up option, but it didn't and proceeded to reformat.  I quickly shut my computer down. I don't know what to do next because now all I get is the Windows Recovery Manager option. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

If this string of events actually did start to reformat the drive, it might still be recoverable.  I would boot the computer to an independent OS IE: Linux Live on a CD or DVD and then look at the drive.  Then use that to copy your data to another drive.  Once the data is saved, then do whatever you want with this corrupted drive.  Do not try to continue with any other operations until the data is saved elsewhere.Since this PC came with Vista, once the data is saved, you could try the HP REcovery Manager to restore the original OS. Or just start over this a new install of windows 7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Boot-Manager-Error-Windows-Recovery-Manager-Issue/td-p/5603963
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys just Numerous Trojans "blue Load Recovery Hi, Up Death", Deleted... To Screen Disk, And And Of Found Fed Of Inability Malaware popped by to say haello as I may be posting lots soon I will try not to rave but moving to Apple or Linux is getting more and more attractive day by day Microsoft and Windows of whichever variant sucks Suffice to say that I cannot log on to my PC as the administrator I once was I have to use my partners or daughters log on As soon as Hi, Fed Up Of "blue Screen Of Death", Inability To Load Recovery Disk, Numerous Trojans And Malaware Found And Deleted... I enter my log in details PC answers shows my wallpaper screen and shuts down Though I can find my files I Hi, Fed Up Of "blue Screen Of Death", Inability To Load Recovery Disk, Numerous Trojans And Malaware Found And Deleted... cannot access them from either account and if I try to open them from my family members accounts same shut down I will expand on this Hi, Fed Up Of "blue Screen Of Death", Inability To Load Recovery Disk, Numerous Trojans And Malaware Found And Deleted... as much as I can later I gave up and tried to load from our Advent Recovery CD Recovery screen loads and says quot press R quot to view recovery options but does not respond to command Finally for now does anyone know if it is possible to totally erase HDD and reinstall vendors XP as the OEM Online stuff says I cannot for example use partitioning software because of the way this PC is configured - however I am sure I have come across one website which suggests that F-Disk can be used in certain circumstances

A:Hi, Fed Up Of "blue Screen Of Death", Inability To Load Recovery Disk, Numerous Trojans And Malaware Found And Deleted...

selassie59,

I have moved your topic to our XP forum. That is assuming that you have XP running. If not, please post back and I will move it to the correct area. The reason I moved it here was because you asked about reformatting and not killing your malware.

Someone will be with you shortly with an answer to your question.

Thanks,
rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139806/hi-fed-up-of-blue-screen-of-death-inability-to-load-recovery-disk-numerous-trojans-and-malaware-found-and-deleted-despite-av-and-pyware-progs/
Relevancy 75.25%

My two-year old Satellite C -A- X suffered a major hard drive crash a few weeks ago My data has been backed up but I've been unable to repair my PC and as I hadn't created any recovery media I bought a system recovery USB C75-A-14X: failed - Satellite error; recovery recovery USB System stick from Toshiba I received the USB stick today and attempted to restore my laptop to its Satellite C75-A-14X: System recovery USB - error; recovery failed factory default settings I left my laptop to perform the recovery for about an hour or so When I Satellite C75-A-14X: System recovery USB - error; recovery failed returned the screen said that there was an error I didn't make a note of the error code and the recovery had failed Now when I restart my laptop I get a blue screen with the following text quot Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code xc f You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings quot When I press Enter or F my laptop remains on the blue screen with the above text Pressing Esc is the only option at this screen that works How can I re-attempt restoring factory settings from the recovery USB stick

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93068-Satellite-C75-A-14X-System-recovery-USB-error-recovery-failed
Relevancy 75.25%

I suspect a hard drive failure on my old notebook vintage HP Pavilion dv - ca Model VM UA ABC Personal information removed Windows - bit SP nbsp BIOS Version Date nbsp nbsp Insyde F Memory upgrade from to GB nbsp I have been through the recovery process - several times using my recovery disks All hardware has been removed from the laptop e g the mouse - memory still at GB Each time the recovery process goes to completion and then I see nbsp Error xe f nbsp 7 in Recovery Windows disk Error - recovery 0xe0f00013 I have done a Google search and ended up at this HP site nbsp Question nbsp What this error code mean nbsp Does it mean a hard drive failure If so is there a compatible hard drive that I can use to replace it I have read of users have replaced there hard drive with a 'hybrid' drive that will not function nbsp Question Can I recover from this error If so how nbsp Thanks

A:Windows 7 Recovery - Error 0xe0f00013 in recovery disk

Hi @Walker127, Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you have attempted a recovery four times resulting in  the same error message  (0xe0f00013) after completing the process.To rule out the hard drive and memory as a possible cause, please test them  for hardware failures.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista). If no issue have been found, please try this workaround from @DavidPK:  Error code #0xe0f00013, while using factory image restorePlease let me know the outcome. To express appreciation for my post please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon?.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-Recovery-Error-0xe0f00013-in-recovery-disk/td-p/5603872
Relevancy 74.82%

I am trying to take back up of the files from my Laptop.
I used it for 2-3 days. 
Stages followed. 
I connected my laptop with a hard disk.
1. Welcome
2. Factory recovery media. After starting the application, following error poped up:an error occurred while creating the factory recovery media dell
3. Data back up to hard disk. No issues for this point
4. Finish

A:New laptop 5558 Windows 8.1 Dell recovery and Back up, Error: an error occurred while creating the factory recovery media dell

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly click on the following link:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/media
This link will give all the information as to how you can use Dell backup and recovery and if there are any other issues with the same.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19660931
Relevancy 72.67%

last night i did a system resore on dell 1720 inspiron, everything worked find now the computer has cut off and everytime i cut it back on boot in safe mode, safe mode with networking whatever, it still brings me back to the welcome screen with the password hint i created and is saying the password is incorrect!!! does anyone know the steps i need to do to corect this??? i have been messing with this computer for a whole day and still the same thing?? PLEASE HELP!!!

A:cant get past welcome screen after system recovery????

Originally Posted by gail2478

last night i did a system resore on dell 1720 inspiron, everything worked find now the computer has cut off and everytime i cut it back on boot in safe mode, safe mode with networking whatever, it still brings me back to the welcome screen with the password hint i created and is saying the password is incorrect!!! does anyone know the steps i need to do to corect this??? i have been messing with this computer for a whole day and still the same thing?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello gail2487, and welcome to Vista Forums!

If you have your Vista Install DVD or the Vista "Systems Repair" CD Vista will burn for you, you could try to boot to the CD / DVD and use a "Restore Point" to go back to where your password worked.

Other possibilities: Reset User Account Password

Forgot the Administrator's Password? - Windows Password Recovery - Windows Password Reset

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277040-cant-get-past-welcome-screen-after-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 71.81%

hey.
does anyone know a way past the recovery prompt (USB pointing to itunes) on an ipod touch? i wont have access to a pc for a few more days. and surfing the net on my psp is a pain. any info would be helpful thanks

fwi my ipod isnt jailbroken. and the only solution i could find didnt work (holding power and home buttons for 10secs)

A:Any way past the iPod recovery screen without a computer?

Try this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-way-past-the-ipod-recovery-screen-without-a-computer.148739/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have finally gotten into the recovery console! Yay. Now I'm stuck. It's asking for my admin password. I did not set an admin password. I am like 90% sure of it. I tried pressing enter as to leave it blank. Didn't work. So I tried the few passwords that it could have been (I use similar passwords so I can keep track) and they won't work either. Is there anyway to bypass this? I am trying to fix a hal.dll error

A:Recovery Console cannot get past Admin Pass

please read the rules.

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-console-cannot-get-past-admin-pass.627659/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello TSG So I ve been trying to solve this since it randomly happened yesterday but to no avail I have a Samsung Q Intel i with Windows x Home Premium SP and the computer randomly started to lag so I restarted it It logged in successfully the first few times but became extremely laggy after login until it froze up completely each time I then tried the recovery CD and it worked working get either not recovery boot, CDs Computer cannot past the first time but nothing changed and it was still laggy However the computer could not even get past the black loading screen anymore and began on a continuous reboot cycle each time ending with a flash of a BSOD that I couldn t catch It restarts to two options Launch startup repair or Start windows normally both of which end up freezing and restarting I have tried -Safe Mode worked first time but was laggy and now it just freezes during loading -Last Known good configuration nothing happened -Recovery CD becomes stuck while trying to find the OS says quot Drive E bytes windows and never finishes loading -Installation CD stuck at entering setup screen Computer cannot get past boot, recovery CDs not working either The only thing Computer cannot get past boot, recovery CDs not working either that really works is the Ubuntu Live CD So any suggestions nbsp

A:Computer cannot get past boot, recovery CDs not working either

Hi and welcome,
While waiting for someone to read this who knows 'bout W7, why not use that Ubuntu live CD to backup all your important docs, pics, tunes etc etc to an external hard drive (if you haven't already?!) just in case ...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Richard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cannot-get-past-boot-recovery-cds-not-working-either.1030949/
Relevancy 71.81%

My computer tower was knocked of the desk and now it will not go past windows recovery screen. The keyboard is unresponsive but does work if I press the function buttons while it is turning on but then the keyboard will not work for making any selections. It does the countdown for automatic countdown and the screen flickers but goes back to the recovery screen. I have tried to use the vista restore disk, the drive runs but still does not go beyond the recovery screen.

Relevancy 71.38%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi you all I really need some help go Windows Recovery Computer Logo past Help Pls:System died-Comp.Won't I was under the process of System Recovering my Hp Mini when it died because I didnt realize it wasn't charging Now the computer won't go past the Windows screen and I can't seem to do anything to get it to work anymore I am so frustrated because I was doing the recovery because there was a virus on the computer and now it's in a even worse state than before I have tried the hitting of the F button that takes me to the black screen where I can do a few commands like Safe mode and Last Configuration and Starting the computer Normally but nothing is working When I try to do the Repair Your Computer the first option command choice option it takes me to where I have to enter an Administrator password which I have no idea of what is it Does any one anyone at all know what the Admin password maybe or how I can bypass it to get the computer running again Please I asked HP and they said I need to send it in for to be repaired and I can't do that at this point So please chime and help me Any advice or tips would be Help Pls:System Recovery Computer died-Comp.Won't go past Windows Logo so gratefully appreciated Thank you everyone

A:Help Pls:System Recovery Computer died-Comp.Won't go past Windows Logo

Welcome to the forum
Generally on HP the administrator password is "admin" without the quotes. TRY-it, maybe it will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/229406-help-pls-system-recovery-computer-died-comp-wont-go-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a huge issue with my vista i got it at least plus years ago as with all vistas they were slow of course didnt bother me except compaq didnt want there pc's to beable to run after market graphics Viista wont boot past not like recovery My i posts other prompt the read. cards at least mine would never anywho i stopped using it zeroed the hard drive and used the ram and HD to beef up the emachine i currently run on its ok better when i get more ram for it but im getting off topic i wanted to revive my vista to run my roms psp playstation and playstation and not use those resourses and huge rom files on my emachine which is a windows i use that for my game client games anywho i hook it up put in the back up disc i had since day one let it run and let it do its thing it says finsh so i click and the loading files files come up then the recovery prompt scans and tells me nothing is wrong but to unplug what ever cameras or music device i have plugged up to it unplug well there are none and My Viista wont boot past the recovery prompt not like other posts i read. havent been for a along time the only thing close ever been close was a external HD but that was yrs ago I zeroed the HD again placed the the bios to default changed the cmos battery and reset the jumper on the motherboard Nothing but that darn prompt im at my wits end ive used my back up disc a bunch of times thatt never happened before i dont have have a installation just my reinstall disc i made a dvd of the pc is a compaq persario pentium ghz ram vista home basic thank you learned gentlemen i would love news beside using my shotgun to fix it which im close doing anyway lol sorry i rambled

A:My Viista wont boot past the recovery prompt not like other posts i read.

I noticed you mentioned ROMs... did you rip them from game disks or did you download them somewhere? If you ripped them, did you use a legit program?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613415/my-viista-wont-boot-past-the-recovery-prompt-not-like-other-posts-i-read/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I have a pen drive by Disgo mb that i need to access It contains a password protection program which my mother set up on the stick She has forgotten to write the password down and has forgotten to write her email address down which she set up at the same time which has her password for it stored on Is there any way i can get access to the pen drive data to back up for her that is stored on the protected area of the pen drive I ve heard you can get a program called data doctor that scans the drive and allows you to backup the data but unless i buy the whole program i cannot recover the information Would this program get by the password protection on the drive If not is there another way to do it Are there any free programs or ways to gain access to it I don t use pen drives myself but my mother has some university work she needs Drive are Programs? that get past Recovery protec Data Pen Any Free? Able to password to get off the stick Nothing sensitive but just important for her work Hope anyone can help and hope this request is not against any rules Sorry if it is nbsp

A:Pen Drive Data Recovery Programs? Any that are Free? Able to get past password protec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pen-drive-data-recovery-programs-any-that-are-free-able-to-get-past-password-protec.533016/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 68.8%

I formatted and reinstalled my OS on my PC and lost my recovery info. Has anyone got a set of recovery cds they can either copy or sell to me? I don't think it's illegal to copy them.

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi
please any body can help me how can I do the HP BIOS recovery ?
HP Pavilion dv 9652eg

Please send the answer to this email also

I'm having problems with my laptop. It does not start, did not show the hp logo screen. When i push the power button, it just turn on all the leds but then nothing happens.
Best regards
SAM

A:HP Pavilion BIOS RECOVERY ,please help

Hi,

I'm not sure that the problem is BIOS related. First, see the link below from HP about troubleshooting/fixing display problems.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01997899&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3630730

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-bios-recovery-please-help-470436.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I need the recovery disc for this computer. H8 1214. Where can I get them?  I have the Error Code: 0xc000000f. With the recovery discs I can do a backup then restore.

A:recovery disc for pavilion

@Sampson3333? Recovery Media for this computer is not (any longer) provided by HP; you can purchase the Recovery is available from Computer Surgeons: Windows 7 64 Bit Recovery Kit C4G69AV For HP Pavilion HPE Desktop PC Model Number h8-1214 Disclaimer:  The information is provided as a courtesy.  I do not have a professional or private interest in the company shown. When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/recovery-disc-for-pavilion/td-p/5710092
Relevancy 68.8%

Trying to order recovery discs but say ive exceeded the number of physical discs alowed for this sn. Ive never ordered anything and my warenty expired 2 days before my hard drive died. They want me to pay for tech support. I dont need tech support i know whats wrong! I jusy need my recovery kit.

A:recovery kit pavilion 17-127ds

@Iplay2L8

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-kit-pavilion-17-127ds/td-p/5643237
Relevancy 68.8%

Is it possible to create a recovery DVD using a Blu-Ray disc? I have a Pavilion dv6Product number: WW140AV It has a Blu-Ray burner, but the Recovery Manager doesn't recognize a Blu-ray disc. Is there an update or another way to create the recovery disc?

A:HP Pavilion dv6 Blu-Ray recovery disc

Afaik, Recovery Manager only uses DVD +/-R single layer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Blu-Ray-recovery-disc/td-p/350220
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to reinstall XP and all of the sites I've visited regarding this (Including HP) say, "From the Windows XP desktop, click Start, All Programs and then HP Tools.
I do not have that on my menu. The only thing regarding HP is the HP Share to web and Hewlett-Packard officejet software.
Where do I find HP PC tools so that I might perform HP PC SYSTEM RECOVERY ?
I've tried doing a SYSTEM RESTORE from the SYSTEM TOOLS menu and it goes through the process and then restarts only to say that it failed. Is this because the HP PC TOOLS option is missing? Can I recover using the six boot disks from BOOTDISK.COM?
Any advise would be refreshing!

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,
Im wanting to restore my PC to factory standard. Ive backed up all the files i need to keep, removed all periferals. Im wanting to start from scratch again, hense the restore to factory standard!
Got the book out that came with my PC it says to press F11 key until system recovery starts then advanced options etc but it wont work!!! It just starts up as normal!!

Another option is to go thru the vista start menu, into All programs then PC help & tools then recovery manager BUT i cant see PC help and tools in the 'all programs' area!
I have done a system recovery ages ago and can vaguely remember having the same problem but cant recall how i fixed it!!
My system has a recovery partition rather than disks!

Relevancy 68.8%

I have a G42 that I purchased in 2011. When I set it up I repartitioned the HDD so I could segregate music and picture files from the OS.  Apparently, I also disrupted the recovery partition so now I cannot create a Recovery Disk using the installed HP tool.  I have tried the Windows refresh option in Control Panel, but it keeps failing (probably because the recovery partition is gone).  The laptop didn't come with a recovery disk, and the laptop is in dire need of a fresh OS installation. Is there anyway to obtain a recovery disk?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Disk-for-Pavilion-G42/td-p/5787936
Relevancy 68.8%

I am attempting recovery for HP pavilion (non-destructive) method. Op Sys is SP1. I've have the known HP Pavilion xt963 fix for recovery also (batch file).

First attempt: got to last screen, clicked finish and nothing happened. I finally did a no-no and manually held in power button. Upon boot I got lsass.exe error when trying to update a password --return status indicator that the value provided...xp continually rebooted.

Loaded the HP fix for SP1 XP recovery batch file

2nd Attempt: got to last screen, clicked finish and nothing for a very long time. Now the screen is blank and I have a cursor that will move and the hard drive light is blinking as if processing.

Anyone experience this? I've never had this sort of delay

A:Solved: Recovery HP Pavilion -XP SP1

madchick said:

I am attempting recovery for HP pavilion (non-destructive) method. Op Sys is SP1. I've have the known HP Pavilion xt963 fix for recovery also (batch file).

First attempt: got to last screen, clicked finish and nothing happened. I finally did a no-no and manually held in power button. Upon boot I got lsass.exe error when trying to update a password --return status indicator that the value provided...xp continually rebooted.

Loaded the HP fix for SP1 XP recovery batch file

2nd Attempt: got to last screen, clicked finish and nothing for a very long time. Now the screen is blank and I have a cursor that will move and the hard drive light is blinking as if processing.

Anyone experience this? I've never had this sort of delayClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovery-hp-pavilion-xp-sp1.306430/
Relevancy 68.8%

Please let me know if this is not the correct forum to post this question to I've got an HP Pavilion w that has a recovery partition and then the normal windows partition The windows partition is corrupt and I can not boot into it just tells me that NTLDR is missing I have tried to get into Pavilion Recovery HP Partition the Recovery Partition by pressing F as it's posting but it just goes into the NTLDR is missing screen I can take the HD out of the PC and can access the Recovery Partition with it slaved off another PC but I can not access HP Pavilion Recovery Partition the windows partition I called HP to order a set of Recovery CD's they aren't available and suggested that I call Ambry they don't have them either I've not been able to locate the set of Recovery CD's searching online either Is it possible to create some sort of boot recovery CD from the Recovery Partiton while it's connected to another PC I've not found anything suggesting that it's possible I purchased Partition Table Doctor v and Drive Image trying to find a way to fix it but have not had any luck Does anyone have any suggestions Thank ya'll Scott C

A:HP Pavilion Recovery Partition

I'm not too windows-savvy, but I think the correct key to get to the boot options is the F-8 key. See if that gets you the option for the recovery partition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-recovery-partition-77957.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am new to the forums and wanted to say hello to everyone. My son got a hp pavilion 760N as a gift from his grandmother, but there was no restore cd's, hp doesn't make them, as they were supposed to be on the harddrive, but the harddrive was replaced and there are no restore cd's on there. My question is does anyone know where I can obtain the restore cd's or how to go about getting a copy of the disks. I really want to get this pc up and running for him, it is his first pc and he is 10 and anxious to play with it. Thanks for any and all help.
Tim

Relevancy 68.8%

hi all, I have on my hdd three  section: (C)local disk, (D)Recovery and (E)hp_tools.But I don't have program on my nb "recovery manager", and when I try to go into recovery mode by pressing f11 , it gives an error . pls help me))))May be instal on nb program recovery manager, but i'm dont found her!

A:pavilion g6 don't entering in recovery

guys, please help, i don't want instal windows from scratch

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/pavilion-g6-don-t-entering-in-recovery/td-p/5593930
Relevancy 68.8%

Anyone know where I can download HP Pavilion g6-1b79dx recovery disks?  HP doesn't seem to have them anymore.

A:HP Pavilion g6-1b79dx recovery

Have you tried ordering from your Support page?http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5082228/model/5119000/softw... You can also make your Recovery Media if the laptop still boots into Windows:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867124

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-g6-1b79dx-recovery/td-p/5626740
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, My HP Pavilion g6 notebook has administrator password. Unfortunately I forgot its password. Can anyone guide me how to open it.  Kind Regards, Hussain

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-g6-administrator-password-recovery/td-p/5684405
Relevancy 67.94%

Is it true that once you replace a new hard drive in your notebook, the recovery media will never work because of a chip in the motherboard?  I have gotten wonderful assistance on here but I just read on another post, that once you replace the HDD, your screwed because of a chip in the motherboard and only HP can fix it.  Did I just waste my time and money? PLEASE, PLEASE, someone help. Now, I'm all confused, Thanks so much.

A:IMPORTANT QUESTION HERE-New HDD & Recovery on HP Pavilion TS...

@geegeesgirl? Did you create Recovery Discs yet??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/IMPORTANT-QUESTION-HERE-New-HDD-amp-Recovery-on-HP-Pavilion/td-p/5801323
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all i've been searching through the internet through google and many other search engines and have yet to find how to preform a system recovery on the HP Pavilion n The reason HP Recovery Pavilion 521n System for system recovery on this system is because of the crappy HP CD writer series Well after searching and to no prevail online HP Pavilion 521n System Recovery i booted up my system trying different button combinations Though it says no where in my knowledge in the package or on the HP site this pc DOES i'll say again DOES have an embedded system recovery utility There are two types of recoveries just like all HP systems one repartitions HP Pavilion 521n System Recovery and reformats the hard drive bringing the pc back to factory settings and another that allows you to keep existing files but restoring the operating system to factory condition To access this reboot the pc and before the Windows logo screen comes up press F a few times I dunno if someone else has already posted this if so sorry for reposting but i have yet to find any users who know of this utility

A:HP Pavilion 521n System Recovery

Hi,

I have a hp pavilion a620n for my home computer - and I could find information about repairing my software/OS via Help and Support Center. There is a Software Repair Wizard -

Do you still have that installed?

Much your restoration software is in the special partition they created. If the files are still there, you may have a chance of it working.

Good luck!

(I have to agree with you - the method sucks! The software in the partition is not a complete XP nor a complete Office. I tried to upgrade my Outlook and it kept on asking me for a CD since it could not find the needed components. I wish I had the real CDs - I feel like I got ripped off!)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-521n-system-recovery-30398.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have purchase HP pavilion media center in 2006.But now I having with problem in Desktop PC. I Want Window installation with the same but I have no recovery CD I want to tell one thing, in operating system there is saperate drive (D for recovery system. It may help to Sytem Recovery.

A:Hp pavilion a1516in Recovery Disc

Welcome.  If the Recovery Partition is still present and you have not made the Recovery disk set before, then you can make it now - assuming the PC still runs.  OR  you can use the Recovery Partition to return the PC to "factory fresh".  Since this is WinXP, once you do that, there will be a ton of updates to run.Before going to that extreme step, what problems are happening and what have you tried to fix any of these?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hp-pavilion-a1516in-Recovery-Disc/td-p/5599947
Relevancy 67.94%

I was stupid - I was swooned by the allure of participating in the Windows 7 beta.
I regret this now.
Now I seem to be stuck with the infernal software, unable to restore to my well-known Vista Home Premium. I have the "FACTORY_IMAGE" Partition still, yet, the Windows 7 installation removed my HP Recovery manager (And their little "F11" trick at startup" - seriously, Microsoft, messing with my BIOS now?). I have all the files neccesary for a restore to original settings...but no software to IMPLEMENT this restore.I don't have a recovery CD (And I'm only just interviewing for my job), and I can't shell out 20$ for a recovery CD from HP, is there any way to access this vital partition to remove the reminder of windows 98 from my PC?
(I swear, I've never blue screened so much on any OS before, not even Windows 98.)

A:HP Pavilion Media Center PC Recovery

Hi -

I got the part about Vista and Windows 7 - but got lost with the mention of Windows 98. Where does it come into play here?

I have an HP dv7-1020us that came with Vista SP1 x64 and loaded Windows 7 x64 on to it and overall have not had any problems with Win 7. In fact I like Win 7 very much. Due to warranty issues, I had to return to Vista x64 for a brief period and found the recovery partition to be useless. I ended up ordering the recovery DVDs for $20 and experienced no problems.

Have you tried to press ESC during boot-up? ESC is mentioned on my start up screen - not F11. If your recovery partition is in fact intact, you should be able to revert to Vista - however, the boot sector may be a problem. Your system now knows that is has run Win 7 and may have upgraded your Vista license. I have not seen too many cases of this, but in theory it could happen eventhough Win 7 is beta.

Try the ESC key if not already done so. You may also need to modify the boot sector - here is an MS KB on that topic -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/

It is possible that others will come upon this thread and be able to offer alternatives. I wish you the best of luck.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-media-center-pc-recovery-357280.html
Relevancy 67.94%

After a system restore of my Notebook and an upgrade to windows 10 my webcam had stopped working so I had checked the driver for updates which Device Manager had told me there were none and neither skype or youcam could recognize the integrated webcam despite it saying there were no problems, I tried disabling and re-enabling the webcam as well as restarting the pc and nothing had worked and eventually I had ended up accidently uninstalling the integrated webcam driver altogether and I really don't want to restore my notebook again if it can be avoided. So is there a way to re-install the driver for the webcam that comes integrated with the HP Pavilion 17 Notebook?, I have already tried searching the site for the driver and could not find any drives for my notebook it simply suggests that I update windows (which I already have and the issue was not resolved).  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-17-webcam-driver-recovery/td-p/5668101
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I've completely messed up my laptop, I can only get to the bios. I would like to get a recovery media to reinstall Windows, and I've followed the steps in http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143 but I can't see the "order recovery media" in the list of available software. Can you please send me a copy of the recovery media? My Product number is M4U01EA#ABZ

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-disk-for-Pavilion-x2-10-n002nl/td-p/5829738
Relevancy 67.94%

Unit refuses to boot. I have a double flash indicating corrupt Bios and I have tried the corrections suggested by HP (hard start, W button +B etc) without result. As I had some heating problems I replaced the processor as a first remedy. No improvement. The bios chip is solded on the motherboard so I am looking for a software metod to restore the bios before replacing the motherboard.  Any suggestions?

A:Bios recovery on pavilion dv5-1058

Hi The best I can find is this... DetailsThis package contains the WinFlash Utility and a system BIOS image for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The WinFlash Utility is used to locally flash the system BIOS (ROM) on notebooks/laptops operating in a Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System environment.File name: sp46501.exeRelease detailsReleased: Nov 20, 2009Version F.38 Rev.Fix and enhancementsActivates the hard drive security freeze lock feature during the Power-On Self Test (POST), which helps to prevent malware or third-party software from locking the hard drive without authorization after POST. at... http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv5-1000-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... and my suggestion is to create a flash drive to install from...  If in doubt please ask.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-recovery-on-pavilion-dv5-1058/td-p/5602563
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, i have a notebook hp pavilion dv5-1101en, i want to use my orginal OS that comes with my notebook, but when i press F11 nothing is happening.I'm not using the orginal OS that come's with my pc from a long time, and i lost my backup cd's, but now i want to use the original OS that comes with my computer.It's there a way to load the partition with the backups, the problem is when i press f11 and try to load the recovery partition it wont work, please help me to solve this problem

A:Hp Pavilion dv5 recovery partiton not loading (F 11 )

I am guessing but you have a different operating system on now and when you installed it, you probably formatted the entire hard drive.  That would have erased the recovery partition.  If you want windows 7 anyway, just buy an oem full version.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Pavilion-dv5-recovery-partiton-not-loading-F-11/td-p/1771705
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, My HP Pavilion g6 notebook has administrator password. Unfortunately I forgot its password. Can anyone guide me how to open it.  Kind Regards, Hussain

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-g6-administrator-password-recovery/td-p/5684404
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi friends My HP Pavilion 10 TS notebook PC partition D recovery is almost full and slowing down my computer. I have read that normally you should not touch that partition but also everyone keep posting that does not take much space of the disk.  Well, in my Recovery partition (D) is 19 GB size where 17.4 GB are taken already.  I did the RESTART PC option and the laptop still slow. Any advice?  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-10-TS-Recovery-disk-D-almost-full/td-p/5739665
Relevancy 67.94%

I was having problems with my HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook, so I decided to do a PC Recovery that recovers software that was preinstalled when I purchased the computer. I lost all my saved files (emails, pictures, etc.), and this process didn't correct the problem I was having before I did it. It won't let me do a system restore. There are no dates highlighted before I did this recovery for me to restore to. Can I reverse what I did? If not, can I at least find the missing emails and pictures somewhere on my hard drive? I was so stupid, and I really need to fix this problem ASAP. If anyone out there can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JLoo

A:Please help me reverse HP Pavilion PC Recovery Tool!!!

You could try recuva - http://www.recuva.com/download and run a scan. It gives a list of deleted files and whether or not they can be recovered. It is a free program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-reverse-hp-pavilion-pc-recovery-tool.660898/
Relevancy 67.94%

I m not particularly computer literate but I can follow directions pretty well Except when I m I Solved: Did HP Delete HD the on Pavilion? Recovery in my ADHD mode Trying to restore HP Pavilion after son crashed it apparently trying to install a video card he said I think I may have accidentally deleted what was needed to boot from the hard drive Solved: Did I Delete the HD Recovery on HP Pavilion? He said he never got any disk when he bought it at Best Buy several years ago There is only one option now to boot and that is the CD I could get the CD from HP I think but I also wondered if this is an Solved: Did I Delete the HD Recovery on HP Pavilion? opportunity to install another OS like one of the quot independents quot I ve always wanted to try as my engineer brother has done but haven t been brave enough to try it on my own desktop I d like to Solved: Did I Delete the HD Recovery on HP Pavilion? hear what the experts on this forum have to suggest Thanks EDunc Sorry forgot to add that computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys I'd like to sell my laptop but i first want to restore the laptop to erase all my stuff My laptop is a HP pavilion dv eb originaly bought with Vista on it together with a code which gave me the opportunity to upgrade to Windows with a reduction in price So recovery HP vista/windows7 pavilion dv7 i have W running at this moment When I open up the HP pavilion dv7 vista/windows7 recovery 'Recovery Manager' of HP it tells me that it's meant for Windows Vista and that there is a slight chance that certain apps and drivers won't work no more so i didn't go on with the recovery Also I made a set of Recovery Disks whit the 'Recovery Manager' while i was running Windows But now i don't know if my computer burned Windows on the disks or Vista s I'm just worried because the factory setting was Vista but i replaced it with Windows and I'm not smart enough to see which software i burned on the disk I realy want to put W back on it because it's much better than Vista Hope you guys can help me Greetings and thanks in advance

A:HP pavilion dv7 vista/windows7 recovery

Follow these steps here. >>>>> HP Notebook PCs - Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - c00809678 - HP Business Support Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-dv7-vista-windows7-recovery-651072.html
Relevancy 67.94%

HDD Failure resulted in a new HDD. Now I need the recovery disk. The laptop was running Vista & had a recovery folder only. Lost drive=lost recovery. Any help would be appreciated. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Obtain Recovery Disk HP Pavilion DV7

See if this is the correct place:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143=

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Obtain-Recovery-Disk-HP-Pavilion-DV7/td-p/1707325
Relevancy 67.94%

So I have been messing around with this HELP Drive screen!! Recovery a Creating logo not an that past for will load Windows the 8 Dell Inspiron laptop for weeks now trying to figure out how to get it back to normal loading and everything Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP What happened at first was that my husband noticed the computer was very slow in responce to just about Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP everything We checked internet connections and nothing helped Well one night he shut it down and the next day when he tried to turn it on it would state quot Checking Media Fail quot then change to another screen that said quot No Boot Device Found Press any key to reboot the machine quot nbsp After nbsp attempting to reboot the machine these same notifications came nbsp up over and over nbsp nbsp So I researched tons of forums on tips of how to get it quot re-booted quot This was a few weeks ago so I dont remember exactly what I did I changed boot options this and that and nothing helped However the absolute last thing I did was changed something to quot Intel Smart Response quot and now my computer will NOT move past the Dell logo even f and f wouldnt work nbsp The loading bar under the nbsp Dell logo will pop up but nbsp it will say like that I have tried nbsp waiting it out for hours and nothing changes My brother did try a Recovery USB but he forgot that my laptop is Windows and his is so needless to say that didnt work at all nbsp So my nbsp problem is now nbsp that I need to create that Recovery USB thing I was not aware that I should have made this as soon as my computer came in I have never heard of anything like this before until now So my questions are How can I get my Dell to function properly and get back on track How can I make the Recovery USB without a working laptop Can I create the USB with a friends windows Can someone HELP ME

A:Creating a Windows 8 Recovery Drive for an Inspiron that will not load past the Dell logo screen!! HELP

"Checking Media" and "No Boot Device Found" sounds like it's trying to boot from the DVD drive but not finding a Windows system disk.  You can try putting one in the drive.  If you don't have a Windows 8 system disk, you'll have to keep trying the F12 bypass (keep pressing it repeatedly...don't hold or only press once) to get you into boot options, and then make sure you select your hard drive.  You should be able to request a system disk from Dell (and you should anyway...even if you do recover from the USB drive).
ALSO: please remember that, unless you made an image of your hard-drive or used backup software, your "recovery" options will be limited to repairing the existing installation or reinstalling altogether.  If you reinstall, you could lose your files and settings.
For what it's worth,  my Inspiron started acting up after about a year (Windows 7) with overheating on high-demand programs (even with a cooling pad, plenty of ventilation and a desktop fan blowing on it).  That was followed by the slow performance you described and now I'm getting a "hard drive failure" error. 
I've seen other users report the similar issues with their Inspirons on these forums (and others) so I think we just got stuck with a lemon .  Hope you have better luck with yours....I've pretty much given up on mine and moved back to my old desktop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19566236
Relevancy 67.51%

When I start my laptop it directly coming to the recovery section. After starting if I press F11 then only it opening my OS. I dont know how to open default in Opearting system . without pressing F11. Please help if anybody faced the issue before.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-after-starting-directly-coming-to-the-recovery/td-p/5716740
Relevancy 67.51%

I used the HP pavilion system recovery on my computer, but it says it doesn't detect any mouse's that I put in there and because of that I can't get past the screen where there the user liscence agreement, and I can't get by that with just the keyboard.....

anyone know how I can get my comp to detect a mouse?
I can't get into my computer cuz I am stuck at that screen

A:HP pavilion system recovery used but can't access computer

first of all just use the keyboard to install is for now, and you most likely have the mouse pluged into the usb port which means you need to install a driver for it but you cant since its in the windows installation, so just put it in the ps/2 port if you have the adaptor which the mouse should have came with

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-system-recovery-used-but-cant-access-computer.25736/
Relevancy 67.51%

About 2 weeks ago I performed a system recovery to my PC to reset my PC to its original factory settings. Hence wiped the PC clean so it's in the same state it was when i first bought it. Now it's informing me that i have low disk space on recovery (d). I opened up the file to see what was on there and there's 2 folders recovery and windows 10 upgrade. (I tried upgrading to Windows 10Recently). What's going on? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-g7-windows-8-recovery-d-drive-full/td-p/5657977
Relevancy 67.51%

Not sure if this is the right category but here goes I have an HP Pavilion desktop running Win Have bought a new computer and am passing this one on to my sis I want to run [SOLVED] HP problem system recovery Pavilion a system restore to take it to original condition and get rid of my stuff I insert the recovery disk reboot get the HP Recovery [SOLVED] HP Pavilion system recovery problem screen - and a message saying it cannot find my hard drive Now without the system recovery disk in it boots just fine into windows hard drive is there and usable no problems - so it isn t a cable or not initialized as the message goes on to suggest The message also says as it may not be initialized run Fdisk then run recovery again Am I not right that Fdisk will not only erase all my data which is ok but all original software including Windows If I m correct on that I really don t want to try that as at the moment I have a computer that works ok but if I wipe out windows and the system recovery disk STILL can t find the hard drive I have a very large paperweight Have also tried using the applications disk to simply reinstall all factory software - it instructs me to put in the system recovery disk reboot and we re back to the same problem Oh my hard drive is designated C if that could possibly have any bearing - thought maybe I had changed it at some point but since it won t allow me to change it now I assume I didn t on this computer Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated Don t want to send it to my sis with just my stuff taken off knowing she couldn t restore it should she need to she s getting it dirt cheap but not free nbsp

A:[SOLVED] HP Pavilion system recovery problem

Nevermind. Problem solved. Lack of brain cells functioning for user (as an old cobol programmer, the only excuse I can offer is the word old
Suddenly occured to me, did I possibly forget to disable GoBack, and could it be hitting a conflict as GoBack attempted to come up as the restore was starting? Yep. That was it. Never assume you've done the obvious.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-pavilion-system-recovery-problem.95273/
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm willing to upgrade my Win7 to Win10 before offer expires, but about an year ago I had a very bad crash due to virus on my HD and IT services provider replaced my HDD by a new one as they coudln't erase the cause of my HDD issue.With that ontervention I have lost the original partition that had the Recovery files on it.How do I get this computer to it's factory defaults before upgrading to Win10? Reason for doing it is that original software was Win7 Home edition and current one is Professional (IT company requirements), but I don't want Win10 Prof version but rather the Win10 Home edition as this laptop will now only work within my home network.Any help will be appreciated  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Missing-Original-CDs-with-Recovery-files-on-HP-Pavilion-dm4/td-p/5647158
Relevancy 67.51%

Boot/Recovery partitions corrupted.Need a Recovery DVD for a HP Pavilion dv7-6165us Entertainment Notebook PC http://www.computersurgeons.com does not have it. Can I get it from HP?  If not, where else?  Thanks Ozzie    

A:Recovery DVD for a HP Pavilion dv7-6165us Entertainment Note...

Dear Customer,  Please go through the below Document: HP and Compaq PCs - Looking for Recovery Discshttp://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5082216/mo...  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-DVD-for-a-HP-Pavilion-dv7-6165us-Entertainment/td-p/5837183
Relevancy 67.51%

My laptop has stop working since yesterday after using the Recovery Disk created from my Hp notebook giving the below reasons.P2PP BurnBoot Check FailedPossible Causes:-1.Yello-Bang occured at device2.Some silent install failure3.Found failed at PININST_BBV4.Found failed at PININST_BBV25.Found memory dump file.Suggestion:-1.Checking-REGDEV BB. LOG for the driver2.Cheking-BB Apps. Log for applications3.Checking MEMDUMP_BBV.Log for memory dump files.Note{ for ODM }:-If you know which component failed in prenistall process after checking above files please OTS it to the component owner.Otherwise, suggested to contact TWN PDC NB-PreinPM or create PIN-Log and OTS it with OTS Category Image.[ Registry Device Check ]Result- FAILEDFailed device#0:-Description :- Bluetooth ControllerPNP Device ID:- PCI\VEN_FF42&DEV_8650&SUBSYS_00000000 &REV_00\4&E572C4B&0&01E2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Want-to-purchase-recovery-disk-for-my-HP-PAVILION-15/td-p/5614408
Relevancy 67.51%

The hard drive failed completly nbsp It belongs to an older couple so they did not create recovery media nbsp I used the support portal and entered the serial number to give me the option to order the correct recovery media for this specific computer nbsp I have done this many times without issue nbsp Following the instructions included leads me to this error The system recovery media does not support this computer media out for Purchased warranty Pavilion of recovery All-in... nbsp You are not able to restore this Purchased recovery media for out of warranty Pavilion All-in... system with Purchased recovery media for out of warranty Pavilion All-in... the media nbsp My question who do I contact to ask what is wrong with the media and if they can send the correct media nbsp nbsp When purchasing it I received an email of confirmation that only gave me links to HP support nbsp When looking at the support information they want to charge me for the call when their media which I just purchased is the problem nbsp I double checked they were provided the correct serials and model numbers by me

A:Purchased recovery media for out of warranty Pavilion All-in...

Brian, I have requested that someone take a look at your request. If HP responds, you will see a Post notice here with specific instructions meant to assist and also keep your private information safe. When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Purchased-recovery-media-for-out-of-warranty-Pavilion-All-in/td-p/5707097
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey everybody I purchased the computer two years ago when I on disk during Pavilion 2 DV8T recovery stuck tried to make recovery disks I got an error and was told from HP I needed a new set of DVDs which I wasted around to dollars anyways Pavilion DV8T stuck on disk 2 during recovery short story told HP said they were going to send me recovery disks and I didn't receive anything years later the OS wouldn't load due to a corrupted file I paid for the recovery disks it loads disk and when prompted to install disk it just hangs I've tried around to times in the last couple weeks with no success I also deleted all partitions did a low level format and tried again with no success I tried to partition the drive with fat and ntsf with no success also tried to wipe the hard drive again and used the cyberplayer DVD disk HP recommends to use for wiped hard drives but also didn't work HDD and memory tests passedI spoke with HP and they answer was to send me another set of recovery disks which I know it will be useless since the first time I received sets and both of them failed I was able to install my own version of windows but half of the drivers don't work and HP doesn't even bitter to post the correct drivers software on their support web page Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Pavilion DV8T stuck on disk 2 during recovery

How long did you leave it hang? Several reports here to leave it overnight and restore completes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-DV8T-stuck-on-disk-2-during-recovery/td-p/1097247
Relevancy 67.51%

I had a HD crash but needed the data so pulled it and gave it to IT Dept. Laptop is a few years old so bought and installed a cheap 250 Gig replacement HD. When I run F2 all memory and HD memory check out.  But F10 "diagnostic" will not run a test of the hard drive. loaded my recovery discs and tried to reset to factory condition, but it will not allow me to do this because the replacement HD is smaller than original. Do I have any choice other than buying a new larger hard drive?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/using-recovery-disc-with-Pavilion-dv6-with-smaller/td-p/5657600
Relevancy 67.51%

I need help recovering my computer to the original factory condition.  My hard drive was wiped clean and I have no recovery disk.  Would anyone know where to dowload it or order it from?  It is not availbe from HP anymore. Thanks for any help.

A:HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx recovery disk download

HP no longer has Windows 7 recovery disks in stock. There are 3rd party sites that sell HP recovery disks or there are mirrors out there of the old Microsoft Digital River site where you could download an OEM copy of any version of Windows 7. What did you have? Home Premium 64 bit would be my guess but it could be Pro. Is your Key Code still legible on the sticker?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-dv4-2045dx-recovery-disk-download/td-p/5753227