Windows Support Forum

Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Q: Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Hey,
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (wired) which I've had for about 2 or so years. Recently, it has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Some of the time, it doesn't automatically reconnect, so I have to unplug the USB connector and replug it back in.

I've tried setting my device settings to not automatically sleep to save power and I've also tried buying a new USB card for my PC, both of which did not work.

What's unusual is that the mouse seems to work on my netbook which, with the other solutions I've tried, leads me to believe it is something to do with settings on my PC rather than hardware.

Does anyone have any insight into why is this happening and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Its probably the fault of the mouse. Once it disconnects, try pushing the wire into either end of the mouse and see if it reconnects.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297576-mouse-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 21.5%

After going through lots of programs and cleaning out an infection, I restarted it and it is almost totally unusable. I can confirm that both mouse and keyboard work, mouse light is on, and keyboard lets me open the calculator. Any help please? Thanks.

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

If the mouse is USB (not a PS/2 connection), try disconnecting and then reconnecting. You could also try a different USB port for the mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to buy a new gaming mouse and these are the three mice that I have for the same price-g9x , g402 and CM Mizar for 40$.please suggest me the better one and please tell why too.does g402 have no acceleration and is it the fastest mouse and is its sensor as good as g502.please reply quickly.please suggest any mouse if you consider some other mouse better for the same price.
thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-better-gaming-mouse-g9x-vs-g402-vs-cm-mizar-for-40.216922/
Relevancy 39.99%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 21.5%

Anyone that spends a considerable amount of time in front of a monitor can attest that finding the right mouse is a must. While there are plenty of boxes to tick when searching for a suitable pointer, for me, it...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What kind of mouse do you use?

Roccat Kone XTD (laser). It's the best mouse I've had so far. My Death Adder has been demoted to closet duty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-kind-of-mouse-do-you-use.212356/
Relevancy 21.07%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 21.5%

When I say gaming I mean 5-button. I like those forward-backward buttons and I rely on them heavily. I'd prefer something ergonomic, but if my budget is too low then what the heck. I've had a 10 TeckNet mouse for the past 2 years and it's been okay, just not the greatest position for my fingers, which hurt after prolonged use. I am, of course, right-handed.

Right now my best bet is to get the MSI Interceptor DS100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-good-cheap-gaming-mouse-%C2%A310-20.210953/
Relevancy 21.5%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitechs-new-mx-master-wireless-mouse-said-to-be-its-best-yet.210722/
Relevancy 21.5%

For reference I have a Lenovo Y P IdeaPad laptop I can list additional specs if needed although I m not sure if it s necessary or not Anyways so I ve always been using a wireless USB mouse with my laptop and I ve had no problems with it up until a few days ago I was using a simple Logitech wireless USB mouse the kind that was no more than USD Well about a week ago I found out the battery was dying and I had to replace them but I waited a few days until I noticed a weird quot lag quot in my movements of the mouse Sometimes the mouse would occasionally lag behind my movements - say if I move my mouse in Moving lag mouse noise static causes and rapid movements it Moving mouse causes lag and static noise would show onscreen of much slower movements So I replaced the battery and reset the mouse To no success I still had the same issue except I realized I was unable to Moving mouse causes lag and static noise move the mouse while streaming YouTube videos or playing games or it would cause severe lag on both the slower mouse movements and either the YouTube video would stutter lag or the game would lag also causing this static-y sound to appear whenever it was lagging behind So earlier today I picked up a new wireless mouse this time a Microsoft one for about USD Let me just say that I have never had issues where I had to replace a mouse except maybe once every months to a year for other minor reasons So I installed a new battery installed the new mouse into the laptop and I am still getting the same issues Sorry if this is long but I am not extremely tech savvy in this wireless mouse department lol I have looked all over the Internet and couldn t find anything that fixed the solution for me I have Windows by the way Also if it matters I recently installed Norton Security after my subscription was close to ending and I also installed an older version of Direct X as well as install CCleaner I don t think these problems affected this but still I also scanned my laptop for viruses and I am told by Norton that I do not have any viruses or anything Finally I tried to go into Device Manager and uninstall the USB wireless mouse drivers and reinstalled them to no luck The only temporary solution I have as of now is to take out the USB for five seconds and put it back in but that solution only works for about minutes until it goes back to normal Also if anyone knows any solutions try to make a step by step process or something because I have trouble finding certain things on my computer as it is lol Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Moving mouse causes lag and static noise

My fairly new Acer R14 has the exact same problem and can't find a solution anywhere. I'm using both a USB mouse and keyboard (not wireless), and I also happened to fix it momentarily by unplugging them.

Some guy fixed a similar problem by taking off the microphone boost.
Got to Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Properties > Levels > Microphone Boost.
Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

I'm a noob with computers so I don't know if this matters but I downloaded a game that runs on DirectX 9, to which I understand the computer already comes with DirectX, but I don't know if it downloaded something extra for an older version. Also can't uninstall it.

Sorry for not being so helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-mouse-causes-lag-and-static-noise.210051/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all So I got G today from an online webstore today I ve been using a super old button logitech back-up mouse since my G died I ll describe my procces thus far Plugged in G when computer was on No sign of life windows tries to install a driver fails Device manager lists the G under Other devices with a yellow triange telling me no driver is installed Then went to logitech com to download the drivers and support software LGS LGS being the Logitech Gaming Software utillity that is the only downloadable support from logitech com fails to recognize my mouse just the G keyboard I Logitech issues G502 connection/recognition mouse have Tried the troubleshooting option of rebooting and re-installing the LGS no dice However the G does light up during booting up Booted the computer with the backup mouse unplugged and the G plugged in It works cursor movement left right click no advanced buttons for - mins before going back Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues to the Device fail to install and the Device Manager placing it under other devices etc Plugged my backup back in tried manually updating drivers in the Device manager selecting it as a Mice and other pointing devices type of device and choosing the drivers from LGS drivers LGSHidFilter tried all subfolders of drivers but this one was the only one that held any inf files the Device Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues manager recognised as a good drivers Selected the g driver No G driver was listed only a G s It tried to install but gave the error Device could not start code After reading threads in the logitech forum tried the FWUpdate a firmware update for the g option but installer tells me to connect my mouse before proceeding Even though my mouse IS plugged in Plugging it in and out doesnt help As for now im at my wits end I even tried borrowing someones g mouse and encoutered much the same issues All I can think of is to race from booting up with just the G plugged in to either the FWUpdate or the manual install from the device manager and see if the install goes through when it still works Seems rather unlikely and a silly way to go about things I hope anyone with similar issues can help me out any advice is super appreciated P S oh using Win ultimate bit nbsp

A:Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues

I just fixed this exact problem on my Win7 Media Center x64. It's a bit convoluted, but the core of the issue is Windows not recognizing the device type properly. What you have to do is open up Device Manager and assign the drivers for Windows. This should fix the mouse.

Head into Device Manager and click View up top. Choose Devices by Connection. You'll see why in a second.
Expand the top entry until you find a PCI Bus. Expand that, then expand all the USB Host Controllers. One of them should have an entry for G502 Gaming Mouse under it.
Right click it and select Update Driver Software, then Browse My Computer for Driver Software. Now click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
Go down to USB Devices and install it as a USB Composite Device. The mouse should light up. Nice! It still doesn't work, though.
Now there'll be two more entries underneath the USB Composite Device, both of which should be G502 Gaming Mouse. Right click one and go back to the list of device drivers. This time go to Human Interface Devices and select USB Input Device for each of them. A bunch of new devices should populate beneath each USB Input Device, one of which should be HID-Compliant Mouse. Your mouse should now work!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g502-mouse-connection-recognition-issues.205348/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone!
I'm having issues with my computer..my mouse seems to randomly move on its own. It doesn't happen all the time, It's rare for it to occur outside a video game. When I'm playing it will do and move to the exact same place everytime. It press buttons and move the mouse to one corner of the screen
this may happen 2-3 times within a 40 minute game.
Anti malwarebytes can't find it, I tried cc cleaning, my mouse is brand new and has been working beautifully until just this week.

I'd be grateful for any help or advice

-Knox.

A:Mouse moves on it's own

Have you tried any other mice?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-moves-on-its-own.190392/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello, lately I've been having the strangest of problems:
My mouse doesn't work as it should - sometimes clicking on something doesn't do anything, sometimes it does something different, as if some altering keys were pressed - eg sometimes clicking on a tab in a browser will close it (with left mouse button).
I have tried to locate and update new drivers for my keyboard and mouse, since these are my guesses for what could be causing this, but couldn't find any driver for the keyboard and the driver for the mouse didn't change anything.

My mouse : Trust MI-6970C Laser Mouse
My keyboard: Genius KB-G265
I'm running Win 7 Professional

I can't think of any changes that I did at the time this started happening, so I'm really at loss.
Thank you for any advice on this.

A:Mouse and Keyboard acting strange

Try them with another computer. If they both work OK suspect either a hardware problem with your computer or a possible malware infection. It could also conceivably be a Windows problem but the other two possibilities are more likely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-and-keyboard-acting-strange.208308/
Relevancy 23.65%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 21.93%

ALL I did was replace the almost dead batteries & now its a pita to click on something.
Its like the cursor is on ice, I move it up to click on a bookmark & it slides on by & I have to s l o w l y move it into the area.Its a wireless Microsoft mouse.

A:Odd wireless mouse behavior

Open Mouse by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.
Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following: To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, move the Select a pointer speed slider towards Slow or Fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wireless-mouse-behavior.208493/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 21.93%

My usb mouse is connected, it's led is on, but it's not moving the cursor at all.
I tried unplugging and plugging it in every usb port I have but still not working.
Strangely keyboard 100% works and usb drive works too
Help me.....
I tried another mice that's 100% working on my other computers and they all won't work.
What should I do?

A:Mouse problem

I would have a look in 'Device Manager' at the line 'Mice and other pointing devices'
Click the small arrow to the left of that line, to get the next line to show, below it.
Right click on that, and choose either 'update driver' or 'Uninstall' and then reboot your pc, with the mouse connected, and Windows should install the driver for it again.
I'm assuming this is a Microsoft mouse, if another type it might need it's own driver which should have been supplied with it, but it would be very unusual not to work in Windows at all, whatever the maker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-problem.206868/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello, I've had this problem for a good while and cant seem to find many answers. What happens is that I will be online and everything is fine untill my wife or daughter decide to get on to one of their devices that use the same wifi (ipad, ipod, phone) and everyone will get disconnected. After 2 or 3 minutes everyone will be able to connect again, for a few minutes at least, then we will get disconnected again. Rinse repeat.

Our router is a Belkin wireless G-plus mimo, Model# f509230-4
Modem is Westell model 6100, e90-610015-06
My wireless router in the bedroom connected to the PC is a linksys wusb6300 (blinks orange light at the time of dissconnect)

Any ideas on how we can stop constantly disconnecting each other would be greatly appreciated.

*just saw I posted this in the wrong place..ugh

Moderator note: Moved.

A:Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Two suggestions:

First, make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

Second, after updating the firmware, access the router config and set the MTU to 1492.

This will stop packet fragmentation and all devices will then be protected from a packet reassembly overflow condition, failing all existing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-from-internet-when-others-use-the-wifi.205777/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello guys..I have a same a problem..I cant play any of my mouse in my laptop..can u help me to fix it..thank you so much.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...t-computer-is-not-frozen.183253/#post-1430301

A:Can't move my mouse, but computer is not frozen

You can't use any USB mice in your laptop? How many have you tried?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-move-my-mouse-but-computer-is-not-frozen.205615/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi! I usually post over in the malware/viruses section, but I don't ...think this is virus/malware related? That is, my mouse has recently (within the past week or so) decided that it's going to start double-clicking, which is something of an irritation when dragging/dropping things, or when playing video games of any kind, mostly. I don't think this is malware/virus related, since I've run my malwarebytes/MSE scans and found nothing; I've even run malwarebyte's anti-rootkit to see if it was just something strange going on there, and found nothing, too.

My mouse is a few - about six? - months old, and it doesn't really have any issues aside from this, nor have I had any problems with it before now. It's an E-blue Cobra mouse, and googling doesn't seem to be terribly helpful as far as "Go ___ for new/updated drivers!", so I'm sort of stuck on that front, too.

Anyone have any suggestions/fixes they know of that might help?

A:Double-clicking mouse

Have you check in the control pane. Under folder options? Once you click on this and the window opens. Look for ( Click Items as follows) Here it will give you the option to single click on Items or double click. You should be able to change your settings there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/double-clicking-mouse.203828/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm looking for a decent ergonomic mouse to help take stress off my wrists while they heal and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Ergonomic keyboards are also on my list, but I will be unable to get them at the same time. I'm willing to go near $40 for one if that's necessary for a decent one, but I can't get them both at the same time due to a strict budget. I'd be happy if anyone could help me out. My only exclusions would be something being shipped directly from china Thanks

A:Recommended Ergonomic Mouse and Keyboards?

I like the Logitech Wave keyboard and mouse combo. Together, they go for $50. The MS ergonomic keyboard also seems fine looking at the reviews, but I haven't tried it personally. I would google, "Best Ergonomic mouse and Keyboards" and see what they recommend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-ergonomic-mouse-and-keyboards.203640/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am unable tomove my PS2 mouse. I tried reebooting my pc by plugging and unplugging my mouse but it doesn't work. my device manager is not listing the mouse option.

A:My mouse is frozen

Have you tried using a different mouse to see if the mouse is the problem? How about trying a USB mouse to see if that works? You say you tried re-booting the pc by unplugging and plugging in the mouse, does this mean that you simply unplugged the mouse or did you actually try shutting down the computer and re-starting it (the proper way through your Operating System)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mouse-is-frozen.203602/
Relevancy 21.5%

Replaced the mobo (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3), CPU (AMD FX-4300 Vishera), and RAM (G-Skill RipJaws 4MBx2) in an older system running WinXP (planning to upgrade to Win7 ASAP). Everything booted up just fine, but the HP keyboard and the Logitech mouse, both of which which work fine on another computer, aren't being recognized at all by the computer. No error messages, just not working. Not even lighting up. We've tried every USB port on the system, and even used a USB-PS/2 adapter to try it that way, to no avail. I'm out of things to try. My only thoughts:

1. Could USB be disabled in BIOS by default? If so, how do I change that without a keyboard and mouse, when I can't even access the BIOS?

2, Could the USB system on the new motherboard be defective? How do I test that?

3. Is there any possibility at all that it's related to the Antec 500W PSU--perhaps not enough wattage for this system? (Hard drives are all pretty old.)

A:USB keyboard and mouse not working after upgrade

Create and boot from a Knoppix Live CD (just google to find and download the ISO). If USB still doesn't work when you boot from knoppix, you know it must be either hardware or BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-upgrade.203285/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 21.93%

I was thinking of getting a used death adder off ebay. Are their any new mice for 30$ as good as a death adder? With 2 side buttons?

I was looking on newegg but most mice don't tell you their response time, death adder has 1 ms. idk it seems like if I am not buying razor I am gettting crap.

How about 60$?

A:Gaming mouse for $30?

A lot of razer mice are pretty junkie to be honest.
There are many deathadder and razer fakes in general on ebay, so look into it, it's very common (for new ones). Obviously used ones could just as well be fake, and the seller may not even know it.
The fakes are not bad though I hear.

Most mice can support a polling rate of 1000hz.

Some good mice with good sensors in that price range are Razer Abyssus, Logitech G100s, Roccat Savu, Zowie Mico, and CM Storm Spawn.
Most of those mice use the Avago 3090 with a fairly well implemented ROM AFAIK, but I don't have any myself except the Abyssus.
AFAIK the polling rate on all these mice can be set to 1000hz except the G100s, which is 500hz max.

Sorry there aren't a lot of side buttons available at $30, but the mice I listed above have top performing sensors for a good price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-for-30.202878/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just put an asus p775 motherboard and i5 processor into my PC, reinstalled all components with no issue, PC rebooted fine back into OS (Windows 7), after anything between 10 mins and half hour the PC just switches itself off, any thought would be welcome

A:New i5 upgrade, PC randomly switches off

Is your CPU temperature running high?...Is the heatsink properly connected?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-i5-upgrade-pc-randomly-switches-off.158925/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a toshiba satellite pro and usually use the touchpad with my right hand rather than a mouse. I attached an external mouse for my daughter to use, and changed the settings to lefthanded. I disconnected and shut down. Since then, each time I restart the computer, the touchpad does not work correctly. Instead of double clicking on the touchpad, I have to rightclick. I have to go into mouse settings on control panel, and move the double click speed, click apply and then the touchpad works correctly then. Why is this? Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-problems-after-using-left-handed-mouse.201828/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi mouse and responding after Keyboard not bootup Its been a while since I last posted here boy has this site changed I generally know how to fix my pc problems when they arise and if I dont google has been my friend but I have ran into something that has me banging my head on the desk My pc that I built just over a year ago or so has been running smoothly until today I woke up from a nap and booted up my pc and neither my mouse or my keyboard would respond My microphone is also plugged in via USB the light on that is on as with my caps lock key on my keyboard but my mouse light will not turn on after I tried unplugging and replugging it Please note Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup I am unable to enter bios since I cannot get my keyboard working I also am not able to run in safe mode because that also requires keystrokes Keyboard and mouse are in good working order as I am using them now on my Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup secondary PC one that got replaced to type out this thread I took these steps unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in - no results - restarted pc - no results unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in in different locations - no results Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup - restarted pc - no results unplugging USB mouse and used the USB to PS adapter to plug it back in via PS - no results - restarted pc - no results So now that I am unable to get into bios or safe mode what are my options I was thinking of just trying to re-install windows but only as a last resort Thanks in advance I dont think my current system specs are needed to help fix this issue but I will include them just in case to save you guys time Processor Intel core i Motherboard ASRock Extreme X Cooling NZXT Kraken X Memory Geil Enhance Corsa DDR GB Video Card s EVGA SuperClocked GTX Titan Hard Disk s OCZ Vertex GB SSD Toshiba TB HDD Optical Drive ASUS External BR Burner Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid w Software Win Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm Mechanical Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup

Nvm for now, it seems to be working now, but not with my mechanical keyboard, I reverted back to an older usb 2.0 keyboard and now it and my mouse both work fine.

though, my mechanical keyboard does work fine on my old pc.

so still a lil confused on that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-after-bootup.201260/
Relevancy 21.07%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 23.65%

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L645.
I have encountered overheat issues recently and I thought it was the dust that clogged around the fan. I did the clean up and up everything back. I manage to boot up the computer and reach the window dekstop but the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop.. Somehow, after a while, the fan worked and spin for quite sometimes.. Then again, the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop and eventually my laptop overheat again.

IS the problem arises from the fan itself, or the thermal sensor problem? Im not sure.. pls help me =(

A:Laptop heatsink fan randomly stop working

I would replace the fan first, it is cheaper than a motherboard and laptop fans are known to fail. You can get the fan on EBay cheaper...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html?_trk...toshiba+satellite+l645+fan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-heatsink-fan-randomly-stop-working.200017/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just got the new mouse home, but to enable aim precision and other programmable buttons and need to get the drivers. When I try to download them it says plug in the device, which is already plugged in and I have also tried in different usb ports and safe mode. Anyone with this mouse got it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mad-catz-rat-7-mmo-mouse-drivers-wont-work.199725/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi so yesterday, after I plugged my mouse back in after a night of it being unplugged.. it stopped working
2 out of 4 usb ports get the red light to come on but the mouse wont move cursor or click.. its not showing in device manager either and nothing shows any problems in device manager

A:Usb optical mouse not working

Uninstall it from device manager, try again after a reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-optical-mouse-not-working.199576/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all.
I tried both of Kolavec's fixes. Neither worked.
I've also tried keeping Youtube and Task Manager open to check which process was doing the damage...
It seems that keeping Task Manager open stops the video from lagging (also tested on IE 11.0.2).
This antidote, sadly, doesn't extend to games.
This thread was created by someone with the same problem who seemed to have found a trojan responsible for the slowdown. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
PS. I'm so relieved that there are recent thread on this topic! Thank you (and I share the pain of every sufferer).

EDIT:
Following the advice given in linked thread, I found an executable file "vpecyihvyphx.exe" that started upon leaving the mouse idle and disappeared when I moved the mouse again. I await any guidance/ recommendations you have for me.

EDIT 2:
I just downloaded and ran MalwareBytes Anti Malware (Free) and it seems to have done the job for now. I'll keep you all posted and I hope this helped some of you.

Moderator note - Post moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...hen-I-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/#post-1375126

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.199492/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 21.5%

I got this same problem with videos in youtube and such. One quess was that it was a bitcoin miner. Any one know how to get rid of it? My antivirus can't find it.

A:Videos/games lag when i don't move my mouse

Open Task Manager to the performance tab. Leave mouse idle. Does CPU usage rise?

If yes, hit PRocesses tab, and take a screenshot of which process is taking up CPU time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone I m looking for a mouse that has a very nice sensor without acceleration but with a few specific DPI settings I d like a native DPI setting and a DPI setting Mouse Suggestions a little higher up to may be okay but is preferable That s about all the requirements throw at me anything that fits I know a lot of decent laser Mouse Suggestions mice can fit that but AFAIK they all tend to have some sensor flaws Aside from that everything else is pretty flexible but here s what I prefer A couple DPI profile settings Light is preferable Not a large mouse Mouse Suggestions medium small A couple side buttons As for the shape I d have to look at the mouse or Mouse Suggestions try it out to know if I ll like it or not I like the shape of the Roccat Savu and Kone pure In fact I almost picked up a Kone pure for on black friday but the Avago held me back I d also like a pretty slick mousepad to go with it something at least as quick as a Razer Goliathus speed I use about cm so it needs to be a medium sized mat Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Mouse Suggestions

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013, it has DPI settings which can be changed in the software from 100 DPI up to 6400, the lights can be turned on or off and it has 2 custom side buttons which can be changed to do whatever you want. I have a Razer Goliathus speed medium mat which is very good and it feels high quality. It is a good size for my hands but I do have quite large hands but I think once you have used it you won't want to go back to a smaller mouse, I sure don't anyway. That's my personal opinion but it's about how it feels to you and has all the features you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suggestions.198614/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am using a standard microsoft wireless mouse, that has worked fine for as long as I've had it, but recently I've noticed that when I'm playing a game, I'll get major lag, but then one time I tried using my mouse PAD and I have absolutely no lag. Is there a problem with my mouse? Or just a graphics problem. Help would be appreciated.

A:Mouse lag when moving around in games

Wireless mice have been known to cause input lag while gaming. Try a wired mouse and see if it works; if it does, then the problem was the wireless mouse; if it doesn't, theres some other problem and idk without more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-lag-when-moving-around-in-games.198409/
Relevancy 21.93%

http://I.imgur.com/URr8kFN.png That's my problem. When I move with the mouse, it doesn't move straight; it shakes. I'm using the Feenix Nascita right now. I was using it for about two weeks and it was fine, then all of a sudden I noticed this problem. I tried two different computers, I've tried with and without mousepad. When I use my table it works better than on the mousepad, but if you look closely it's still a problem. I have no idea what's causing this. I even sent this back to the company and they said they didn't get the problem. They returned it and I still have the problem. I've blown on the sensor, tried different DPIs, and different USB ports, nothing helps.

A:Mouse shaking problem

Hi, SadMango. I may be able to assist you with your problem. When I purchased this mouse I noticed that it came with a pair of "stick-able" mouse feet that attach to the bottom of your mouse. When I attached these pads I noticed that my mouse movement became very scratchy. I removed these pads and the mouse was back to normal. Try this out. I hope it helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-shaking-problem.196801/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 21.93%

Basically when I move my mouse (just a generic "optical mouse") I get a static sound though my headphones and speakers and people can hear it when it skype with them, unplugging mouse fixes it and it only occurs when I move the mouse. What could be the problem? Side note: This is my Dad's PC, trying to fix it for him with your help of course.

A:Static when moving usb mouse

Try a different mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-when-moving-usb-mouse.197745/
Relevancy 21.5%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 21.93%

My mouse quit working, keyboard still works when I plug in to USB port it says device malfunction, mouse works on other computers. Can anyone help? Thanks

A:Mouse problem

Go to device manager, find all USB devices (including 'hubs), right-click, uninstall. Unplug everything USB from computer, restart (via power button, since mouse/kb won't work).

You should get the "installing driver" balloon on bottom-right when Windows loads. Plug devices in one by one, making sure they all connect and register successfully.

If that still doesn't work, do the above again, but at the shutdown part do this: pull the power plug, clear CMOS (small battery, google it), press power button to clear residual energy, then boot it up and continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-problem.196840/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Has anyone this problem or know how to fix it. When switch on my computer the mouse & keyboard do not work. If I then remove all the USB cables it will then work ok, after a few reboots. I am running Windows 8 64 bit. Would appreciate any advice.

thanks,
Verity25

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mouse-keyboard-problems.196779/
Relevancy 21.5%

Anytime I watch online videos, or play games w/ my xbox 360 controller the video lags after about a minute passes and I have to move the mouse to make it stop. It's really annoying when I'm playing video games and it throws me off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse-what-do.195950/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey,

My mouse just died so I need a new one, but I have no clue what mouse to get. I came of a Gigabyte GM-M6800 so every gaming mouse will be an improvement. I have fairly large hands so a big mouse would be a big plus. I did some research and the roccat kone XTD, cyborg R.A.T 7 and the Razer Lachesis are nice sized mice. But I have no clue which one I should get and which is the most durable.
Help is appreciated.
cheers,

A:Which mouse is the best for gaming?

Well, I personally like Logitech. But I have never had a true gaming mouse, but I am planning on building a new PC and have been researching peripherals for the past few months. No luck with a keyboard, but for the mouse I decided that I wanted to get the Razer Deathadder 2013. I would recommend a Logitech G500s, but reviewers say that it isnt much of an improvement over the original G500. The Deathadder 2013 has a braided chord, which makes it more durable. But it isnt a laser mouse. But that isnt a big deal since its 4G sensor is plenty good. Make sure you get the 2013 version, since the older version hasnt been updated since 2006.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-mouse-is-the-best-for-gaming.191750/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello Thanks for reading and I know this problem has been on here one too many times but im just very curious as to asking these certain questions before progressing onto what I think I should do My problem is that I New signal. Card. nonfunctional No Mouse and Keyboard recently bought a HIS IceQ mainly for the cooling system it comes with Now I had installed it carefully no static shocks nothing like that into my PC Now when I boot it up I get no signal and my keyboard and mouse are New Card. No signal. Keyboard and Mouse nonfunctional getting NO power at all Now the curious part my pc came with a HD Thats it No VGA output on my motherboard Which makes me think do I need to change something in BIOS Does my PC only detect that because it came with it And yes I plugged in the PCIe power connecters too Now to what I think I should do based on reading through the forums Cmos Reset New PSU And thats basically it Here is a detailed Spec list Name HPE Phoenix HD gb DDR AMD FX Ghz x Ram DDR ThermalTake TR w PSU Motherboard is a Gigabyte AC model BIOS is AMI Ang TB hardrive ANY help is very much appreciated Ive been on this problem for a while now Thanks nbsp

A:New Card. No signal. Keyboard and Mouse nonfunctional

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Make sure everything is properly fitted and in the right place. When you replaced the GPU - Is that the only component you unplugged and removed? Try putting in the old card to see if it works. If it does, you could have a bad GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-card-no-signal-keyboard-and-mouse-nonfunctional.194212/
Relevancy 21.93%

This may when lag Video not is moving mouse be addressed somewhere else but whenever I searched this problem I came up with a ton of Video lag when mouse is not moving posts about the opposite issue When Video lag when mouse is not moving I watch a video in any player vlc zoom windows media quicktime it starts Video lag when mouse is not moving to lag after a few seconds until I move the mouse If I keep moving the mouse the video will not lag I ve had this problem on many filetypes mkv mp avi but oddly enough it is also present during flash videos As you can see from my system profile my computer should be able to handle most anything just fine I m running this monitor at x This is a dual monitor setup but I don t think that should affect it I change all of the power saving options so they wouldn t slow down when I wasn t active thought the PCI-E setting might do the trick but to no avail If anything this problem seems to be getting worse over time Please let me know if you have an idea of what the problem might be or if you require information to help Please note that my entire system profile is in my techspot account Thanks nbsp

A:Video lag when mouse is not moving

Mouse is USB I'm assuming.. I'm sure you've already tried a different usb port, if it's plugged into a hub - plug directly into the system. if it's plugged into one of the usb3.0 ports, move it to a 2.0 port. See if issue persists. if so, I'm going to blame a chipset driver, or a software driver for the mouse. if you've recently updated either of those drivers, roll them back. See if issue persists. If so try a different mouse - maybe, maybe it's an issue directly with the mouse. Try the mouse in a different system, see if issue is then on other system. Try these things & post back, I'm curious on this one. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-lag-when-mouse-is-not-moving.181460/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

Here is my problem,
I game a lot, & if I disconnect from those games for 1 or 2 minutes I'll probably be dead and/or lost the game.
My connection drops randomly, this happens once every hour or so, a few minutes later I reconnect to the same internet. The internet hasnt shut down, I can still browse on my phone & on another computer., but those arent on when Im gaming.
I've had this problem for a while now and it also occurres on my other laptop when I gamed up there. I can solve this by going to controllpanel & troubleshoot problems with network adapter, but it is getting really annoying. Even when Im only browsing like now it just drops connection.
Can someone help me?

-Kay

A:Connection drops randomly

Sounds like you're on a DSL connection - - are you?

I would log into the router and on the WAN side configuration, set the MTU to 1492.
This will stop tcp fragmentation and therefore avoid the necessity of reassembly, which can easily overflow buffers and break connections.

Might also reduce tcp ACK responses by applying this change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-drops-randomly.193423/
Relevancy 21.93%

So hello all Just finished putting the finishing touches on my homemade computer intel k gigs corsair speed w modular corsair power supply ASUS p z - deluxe motherboard gb crucial solid state XFX ghz edition graphics card So I have it hooked up to my sharp aquos inch HDTV and I m getting jerky severe mouse movement otherwise graphic acceleration mouse Major Lag seems to be fine tomb raider at ultimate settings was averaged around Major mouse Lag fps I m seeing the jerky mouse movement in games and on the desktop Also tried switching to quot game quot and quot pc quot modes on the tv also tried on my old Panasonic p HDTV that during my last deployment I used to hook up via HDMI to my laptop all the time with no issues that being said I m going to try hooking my in and up to my laptop with the current mouse which I just bought another one of today to no avail and see what happens Any help or ideas nbsp

A:Major mouse Lag

The problem with HD tvs and computers are that they can cause issues like this. Normally it has to do with with the refresh rate of the tv where beyond a certain point (mostly 60hz) the tv signal is delayed slightly causing the mouse movements to be delayed. I see you say you've tried game mode already and now your going to try another tv, but I would recommend trying a monitor if you can find one and seeing if that solves the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-mouse-lag.193310/
Relevancy 21.5%

I tried to update a network controller driver on a homemade XP Computer I got the fatal blue screen after the NVidia slash screen It was an nforce driver Windows would not start I tried to get into safe mode to do a restore But no mouse or keyboard is reading Is there a way to do a system restore at start up with out going to safe mode use Can't Keyboard or mouse safe mode in By the way I don t have a XP CD I do have a product key HELP you XP Gurus Oh and Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode it is really hard to get into even safe mode I saw BIOS once when pressing the Esc button But now it just goes to set up Every F button give me the option of boot menu F or Set up Delete But no matter what I hit it goes into setup The keyboard works fine in that screen But as soon as the safe mode boots up Can t use mouse or keyboard Someone told me could Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode be motherboard did I do thaaaat Again HELP HELP HELP Thanks Ynotbme nbsp

A:Can't use mouse or Keyboard in safe mode

You can download a windows 7 ISO onto a USB flash drive or cd or dvd. Contact where you bought your windows 7 and they will give you a link to download the iso. or maybe you can search the web for a ISO and enter your key later. I don't know if you will be able to navigate without a keyboard and mouse, maybe they will work in the windows 7 setup like your thinking.

Good luck!

p.s. I meant windows XP not 7. Iv done it with 7 I don't see why you cant with XP>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-mouse-or-keyboard-in-safe-mode.192393/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am having problems with a delayed keyboard and a mouse that lags and won't click properly. Sometimes it won't click at all, other times it clicks and the computer won't register that it's clicking.

I have run all test to ensure it is not a malware and was directed to this forum for assistance.

A:Keyboard/Mouse Problems

Seems like your computer is slow. Open up Task Manager and show us the Processes tab, ordered by descending CPU usage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-mouse-problems.192600/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-randomly.192115/
Relevancy 22.79%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 21.5%

About 2 weeks ago the batteries died in it so I used a USB mouse till I could replace the batteries.
Replaced the batteries, removed the USB mouse & now MS wireless mouse is acting "sticky".
I was forced to go back to my USB mouse.
I've been in the Mouse settings & have done everything but reset the settings.
I've been told optical mouses(mice) need a highly reflective surface so I was using a blank sheet of notebook paper which didn't help much. My USB mouse works fine on the wood colored desk, but the MS optical mouse won't.
I even used a Q-tip to clean the optical area of it, still no joy.
Any suggestion?

A:MS wireless mouse kinda jerky

Its still jerky after resetting it to default setting's, so I'm back using a corded optical mouse in hopes of finding a solution.

*EDIT*ABSOLUTELY the most bizarre situation I've ever see. I've removed one of the two batteries in the mouse & so far it has improved considerably. Talk about being confused. How can this be ???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-wireless-mouse-kinda-jerky.190382/
Relevancy 24.08%

K so I have a new pc Built myself and had a few problems getting PC shuts off randomly it to turn on Turns out I had to short two means that aren t even the power connector ones Anyway I got everything setup Windows blah blah I move it to my room from kitchen cause kitchen had better lighting for working conditions I turn it on and bam it shuts off after maybe - minutes Now I m thinking it could be cpu over heating It is hotter in my room I left the computer on bios and slowly PC randomly shuts off watched cpu temp climb At PC randomly shuts off about C it shuts off Is that an over heating temp It sits at that for a while before it shuts off I haven t updated drivers yet could that be a problem Build Cpu Intel i Psu kingwin w Motherboard asus p z - v lx Gpu radeon hd I also took off the heat sink after getting frustrated and taking everything apart when it wouldn t start did that PC randomly shuts off mess with the thermal paste It looks evenly applied When it shuts off it s just off no warning Please help nbsp

A:PC randomly shuts off

Take out graphics card and try again. Also, what do you mean by "Turns out I had to short two means that aren't even the power connector ones."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-shuts-off.191246/
Relevancy 21.93%

Well here is my problem.........wen I connect a mouse through the usb ......the mouse's light , lights up,but wen im moving it,it stay in its spot , so I went the store and he got me another one...I told him try it b4 I leave,and it works,wen I came back here....it still doesnt work.............................NVM it just worked,if u have a mouse that u wana connect with the usb......wait atleast 15 minutes then try moving xDD

A:USB mouse problem

Download USBDVIEW installed it and run it as the Admin. Now you look at all the disconnected USB devices. Those devices need to be removed. Do not remove connected devices such as external devices. Make sure there are not USB devices attacked except for keyboard and mouse. Since your are having mouse issues then use the internal one. Once done reboot the system. Then when you bootup again try the mouse again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mouse-problem.190507/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys I'm new here
I'm currently buying new rigs to complete my computer.
I currently own the newest model of the Alienware x51.
Along with the Alienware I own a Logitech THX Certified Z623 Speaker, Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard, and a Razer Goliathus Small Control Edition.

I am now looking for a gaming mouse
I have narrowed it down to either the Razer Abyssus or the Roccat Kova+.
I WAS going to get the Roccat but then I thought wouldn't a Razer mouse would look much better with my already Razer Keyboard and Mousepad?
So now I'm confused >_<

Which mouse would you guys choose?
If neither please recommend me another mouse with almost the same price tag

Thank You

A:Which Gaming Mouse For Me?

Out of those two, I'd go with the Roccat Kova+

If you're willing to spend a little more however, the Razer Deathadder is also a very good choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-gaming-mouse-for-me.189907/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Vostro 200 running Windows XP. I bought a new keyboard and mouse but when it loads up the keyboard and mouse don't work. I tried connecting it to the internet so it could obtain the drivers automatically but that didn't work. I then tried to start in safe mode they still didn't work. I checked the BIOS and the USB was enabled. I ran Hiren's boot CD and both the mouse and keyboard work on the Hiren's mini XP OS. I'm stumped can anyone help me please.

A:Mouse not working

UPDATE*
I tried both rebooting to last know good config and restoring to an earlier config, neither worked. I am now downloading an XP ISO to try and use it to repair the OS on the PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-not-working.189647/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I just bought myself a NEC medias t smarthphone days ago and now I got a problem The phone just reboots itself a software reboot not total for no aparent reason without me doing anything to it it s just lying there doing nothing and with medias me NEC anything without 101t and doing itself randomly reboots the screen blocked and suddenly it NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything makes the quot rebooting quot melody and so I notice This is happening to me since yesterday it did it like - times and hasn t done it today yet I would really apreciate if you could help me solve this issue That I have likelly caused myself without knowing it this are it s specifications Net GSM - HSDPA Size x x mm Weight g Display Tipo LCD touchscreen capacitivo M colores Size x pixels pulgadas - Resistant to damage surface - multitouch - IP X IPX IPX waterproof and dustproof certification - accelerometer sensor for autorotation - Gorilla Glass screen - proximity sensor for auto shutdown ithink that s how s it s translated - touch controls Ringtones type Polif nico MP WAV Customization downloads Vibration Yes - Audio conector mm Memory Phone numbers Nearly unlimmited fields and entries call picture call registry Nearly unlimmited card slot microSD up to GB - GB internal memory MB RAM - processor Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM GHz GPRS Yes data speed OS Android OS v Gingerbread Messaging SMS MMS Email IM Push Email Browser HTML Clock Si Alarm Si Infrarred port No games yes downloadables colors Black Camera MP x pixels autofocus flash LED geo-tagging video - GPS with A-GPS support - digital compass - EDGE class - G HSDPA Mbps HSUPA Mbps - Wi-Fi b g n - Bluetooth v A DP EDR - microUSB -social webs integration - video player MP H H WMV - audio player MP eAAC WMA WAV OGG - integrated with Google Search Maps Gmail YouTube Calendar Google Talk - Memo calling voice command - Hands free included - predictive text input XT Batery Standard Li-Ion mAh Stand-by - Tiempo de conversaci n - Ok that said I go to say the things I have done to it xD As a good newbie with a new toy minutes after getting it I dedicated to explore all the new possiblities toying with the google play store customizing my desktops with widgets wich took me minutes to figure out how to do it xD etc I installed tested and uninstalled a variety of apps and stuff but nothing shady or dangerous except for the apptoide and blackmart wich I have already uninstalled My phone is not rooted or overclocked in any way Now I will list the currently installed apps on my phone it s all in it s original language and it s all last versions as far as I know mensajes Portal movil telcel Portal telcel telcel ijuegosHD ijuegos Ideas iapps ideasmusic msngr plugger iradio rss gps telcel itv iimagenes itonos Adober Reader -free Age of empires -free Agenda Ajustes Android asistant -free Angry birds -free App SD -free Archivos Asistente Avast mobile security -free beautiful thunderstorm -free block breaker HD brujula -free google search busqueda de voz calculadora call timer pro full paid camara contactos convert pad -free copia de seguridad correo descargas double twist -free el acuario real-gratis evernote -free evernote widget -free facebook fruit ninja -free galeria gmail google goggles -free google grabador de voz gun amp blood -free GYM guia de ejercicios -free Heroes call -free Instagram f-ree linterna tiny flashlight -free local google maps messenger musica navigation need for speed shift plague inc -free google play store real calculator -free reloj symphony of eternity google talk telefono The sims touchstore pro -free Google traductor -free SCT traza tu ruta Video camara Whatsapp -free wikipedia -free You tube Zello -free Great little war game items marked with an where included on the device and can t be uninstalled Now the Widgets in my desktops clock and date x tiny flashlight x calendar x avast x calltimer pro x double twist player x android asistant x wheather x evernote x ... Read more

A:NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything

Pull out the battery and re-install it. If your phone is using a micro SDHC flash card, remove it and re-install it. If these steps don't work, try restoring the phone to factory settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-medias-101t-reboots-itself-randomly-and-without-me-doing-anything.186820/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?

A:Monitor randomly shuts off

steelth said:

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?Click to expand...

Check ALL connections. Make sure they're they are correct & snug.Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-randomly-shuts-off.188153/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I have an xbox in my living room which I play alot on and the most problem ive faced over the keeps Xbox disconnecting connection past years is constant disconnection or Low Connect Idk what is effecting my Xbox connection keeps disconnecting Internet a router which is Xbox connection keeps disconnecting in the middle of the house which gives wifi to the whole house The xbox connection is always full bars but the thing is it keeps constantly disconnecting me or when im playing on Black ops It constantly has from Full bars down to bar internet which is totally unplayable until minutes after that im disconnected from xbox live again If anyone knows the problem of this any help would be thankful Could this be because of the internets strenght Like Mbps is mbps even good enough these days and the whole rip off is for just half an hour calling the company tech costs Euros cant feed the company with more money can I Is mb- mbps even suppose to give me mbps only I suppose it should be somewere near middle nbsp

A:Xbox connection keeps disconnecting

What router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-connection-keeps-disconnecting.188021/
Relevancy 21.93%

Having some weird problem with my computer I just put together last and mouse Static electricity night In my main computer my mouse works fine and there are no issues but with the Static electricity and mouse computer I put together every time I get up off my chair and I am charged with static electricity my mouse light Static electricity and mouse blinks and even goes right out especially when I touch the metal on the chair and the mouse loses power and I am not even touching Static electricity and mouse the computer or mouse or anything near the mouse but the chair I tried a different PSU cause I thought maybe that might be causing it and unplugged hardware and it still did it Also want to mention that I did a stupid thing and I forgot my HDD wasn t plugged in and plugged it in while the computer was on then it shut off and I turned it back on and there was display but then it went blank or it was already blank can t remember so I did a hard shutdown and unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked ok Could there possibly be some sort of grounding problem nbsp

A:Static electricity and mouse

Motherboard mounted correctly using standoffs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-electricity-and-mouse.187032/
Relevancy 21.93%

Up until recently, I'd never been particular about peripherals. In fact, it is only now that I've begun to experiment with the features of my mouse driver -- all of which are quite new to me. So I'm curious as to what mouse settings you guys use.

For now, mine are as follows:

- Polling rate is still at default 8ms.
- Mouse speed is at 6/11 in Windows, enhanced pointer precision off, MarkC fix enabled.
- Mouse dpi settings are at 1200 dpi on a 1920x1080 monitor. I toggle down to 400 dpi when necessary.
- Usually, I have the in-game mouse sensitivity set to medium or low.

I'm using a Corsair M60.

What settings do you use when gaming? Do you use these same settings for everything else?

A:Mouse settings?

I don't really have access to my desktop right now, so this is a wild guess on my memory, on what I use:

Windows sens. something like 6/10.
1080p monitor.
Maxed polling rate (1000?)
2600DPI on desktop
3400DPI on FPS and other usual games
5600DPI for some weird games with slow movement, or LoL/HoN/DotA (HoN I play mainly) or other RTS as necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-settings.187707/
Relevancy 24.08%

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

A:My computer is randomly shutting down

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-randomly-shutting-down.187576/
Relevancy 21.93%

As well as other specs, like the ms and such. I bought a mouse from China on Ebay for about 8$ new. The specs say its the same as the death adder, but I have my doubts. I am sure its still a good mouse for the price, but Im curious how good is it? I wanna know did they copy paste the death adder specs or did I really get a smoking deal on this mouse?

here is the mouse btw
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281014362846?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

p.s. the damn dragon light is blinding me while I type, can I turn it off with software?

p.s.s. the middle mouse wheel is slow hmm (compared to my old mouse)

A:What program can I use to detect my mouse DPI?

It seems hard to believe that the sensor would be the same.. But I have no ideas on how to actually test.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-program-can-i-use-to-detect-my-mouse-dpi.187376/
Relevancy 23.65%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

AST180-EA350M

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-goes-blank-randomly.187498/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi So my modem keeps disconnecting some times it lasts for some hours and then starts disconnecting every minute or so Sometimes I just turn the computer on and it already starts his routine of disconnections this has been happening for about moths what I have already done got a new modem dlink b gt dlink b full virus spyware scan disabling antivirus firewall update network adapted driver configured a static ip address enabled DMZ host called the ISP they said that everything was fine on their part and I should check the cable called the cable guys said that everything was fine so I should check with the ISP ended the vicious circle ask help on forums in progress future plans set everything keeps disconnecting Modem on fire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Statistics -- xDSL Mode ADSL Traffic Type ATM Status Up Link Modem keeps disconnecting Power State L DownstreamUpstream Line Coding Trellis OnOn SNR Margin dB Attenuation dB Output Modem keeps disconnecting Power Modem keeps disconnecting dBm Attainable Rate Kbps Path Path DownstreamUpstreamDownstreamUpstream Rate Kbps MSGc of bytes in overhead channel message B of bytes in Mux Data Frame M of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame T Mux Data Frames over sync bytes R of check bytes in FEC Data Frame S ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length L of bits in PMD Data Frame D interleaver depth Delay msec INP DMT symbol Super Frames Super Frame Errors RS Words RS Correctable Errors RS Uncorrectable Errors HEC Errors OCD Errors LCD Errors Total Cells Data Cells Bit Errors Total ES Total SES Total UAS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Log Date TimeFacilitySeverityMessage Jan userwarnkernel NBUFF v Initialized Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom Packet Flow Cache learning via BLOG enabled Jan userwarnkernel Created Proc FS procfs fcache Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom Packet Flow Cache registered with netdev chain Jan userwarnkernel Constructed Broadcom Packet Flow Cache v Mar Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg bcmxtmcfg init entry Jan userwarnkernel adsl adsl init entry Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom BCM B Ethernet Network Device v Mar Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler bcmsw registered Jan userwarnkernel map xf eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel PCI Enabling device - gt Jan userwarnkernel wl srom not detected using main memory mapped srom info wombo board Jan userwarnkernel wl loading etc wlan bcm map bin Jan userwarnkernel wl Broadcom BCM Wireless Controller cpe Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler wl registered Jan userwarnkernel BcmAdsl Initialize xC D g pFnNotifyCallback xC FF Jan userwarnkernel pSdramPHY xA FFFFF x D xDEADBEEF Jan userwarnkernel PhySdramSize got adjusted x AB gt x Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreSharedMemInit shareMemAvailable Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreHwReset pLocSbSta e bkupThreshold Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreHwReset AdslOemDataAddr xA F A Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler dsl registered Jan usercritkernel Line xDSL G training Jan usercritkernel eth Link UP mbps full duplex Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G started Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G channel analysis Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G message exchange Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL link up Bearer us ds Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg XTM Link Information portid State UP Service Support ATM Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmrt MAC address b e Jan userwarnkernel DoCreateDeviceReq register netdev Jan userwarnkernel DoCreateDeviceReq register netdev done Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg Connection UP LinkActiveStatus x US DS Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP server detected Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP session established Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP LCP UP Jan da... Read more

A:Modem keeps disconnecting

What is this computer, a laptop or desktop? Make and model? What version of Windows is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-keeps-disconnecting.186422/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a HP Pavilion g6-1b79dx with Windows 7 home premium SP1. Recently it stopped detecting any mice plugged into the USB ports. I have tried all 3 ports with 2 different mice. The mice are optical and they light up, so I know they are getting power. However under device manager "Mice and other pointing devices" the only one shown is the touch pad. Please advise.

A:HP laptop won't detect mouse

Possibly a cracked or failed system board. If ALLl of the USB ports result in the same failure,.. you need expert help.... I would first try to get hold of another hard drive and run a quick re-install to see if the problem is the same. If so, take it to a shop that has a scope with bright lights... Don't spend a lot of money. A replacement motherboard will perhaps be less costly than spending a great deal of time or money trying to figger out the problem. Your system is fairly old with a lot of use by now, right?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-wont-detect-mouse.181746/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a problem that has me baffled...and frustrated. My mouse turns off and on by itself. The cursor stops moving, I hear the WinXP, "Bedunk" and then I'll hear it one more time and the mouse will turn back on. It is very annoying while browsing but absolutely maddening while gaming.

I am using a Logitech USBOptical mouse model G500. I have tried two other optical mice. I have tried switching USB ports, every USB port I have! I removed the mouse drivers and tried the WinXP drivers. I tried removing the drivers and reloading Logitechs latest drivers. I updated the motherboard drivers. I updated every driver on my system! I have a Card reader/USB port that I thought might be conflicting so I disconnected it...No Go.

What can I try next? Can I prove somehow whether this is a software issue or hardware issue?

A:USB mouse turns off and on

Try new batteries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mouse-turns-off-and-on.186914/
Relevancy 21.07%

I upgraded my PRECISION 470 from a nVidia Quadro FX1400 to a nVidia GeForce 8400GS.
I bought the card on AMAZON and installed the drivers that came with it.
Now, my desktop is bigger than my screen and the mouse leaves tracer mouses.
The adapter is set to my screen's NATIVE resolution of 1920x1080 and connects with HDMI.
Keyboard and mouse response seems slow.
OS is Windows 7 w/ sp1

A:Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

I just installed a new 24" monitor and at 1080 res the desktop was smaller than screen and blury, the opposite of what your experiencing. I tried updating drivers etc.. but couldnt figure it out at first?
It turned out to be a 'scaling options' setting in the control centre for my radeon gpu!!
Dont know if this helps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wider-than-screen-mouse-leaves-tracers.185651/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an hip laptop and it randomly off randomly shuts Laptop shuts off I want to try to trouble shoot before I call it a Laptop randomly shuts off lost cause Referred to some great threads on here before so thought I d give this forum a try Thanks ahead of time for any help I have an HP Pavilion dv It randomly would shut off a few months ago got better but started up again When it shuts off its sudden like someone pulled the cord on it After it shuts off I cannot get it to start for quite awhile afterward minutes to hrs if not longer I can push the power button and the computer will attempt to start but will do the cold shutdown in the middle of startup Sometimes it can get as far as the windows log on and then shutoff The shutdown happens at all times no pattern in my activity The computer has some other issues I can t run it without the power cord because the battery is dead HP said its because I didn t take the battery out when I used the laptop plugged into the wall Refuse to buy another battery if I can t get laptop to work My year old spilled milk on the keyboard and it was bad enough the milk came it the USB ports and battery slot on the bottom Another issue is when I try to change the power battery settings I can t change it past the lowest performance setting because the laptop overheats It will shut down within minutes of changing setting this seriously affects the performance since it has to run so low But hey it s a laptop and works for my basic net surfing and word processing If it sounds like a lost cause let me know If there s something I can try I appreciate the help nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts off

Wow, after spilling milk all the way through it I would consider myself fortunate that it still runs. To me it sounds like it is overheating. Laptops generally collect dust inside as they age and eventually develop cooling issues. I'm sure all the milk doesn't help. Have you tried opening it up and dusting it off with a can of compressed air?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-randomly-shuts-off.183568/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

So I have had a big problem with my computer. It does not happen that often but when it does it is really annoying and scary. My computer just shutsdown and a screwed up noise goes through the speakers and the fans goes sky high! It happened one time when I play crysis 2. I played it for like 5 minutes before it happened. I booted the computer up and then I had a look at my temps which where around 50C. Started up crysis again and played for like 10 minutes and it only went up to 70C. So it is not an overheating issue! What should I do?

Thanks for any help!

A:Computer turns of randomly and fans go sky high!

shameless bump!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-of-randomly-and-fans-go-sky-high.184322/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey all First time poster on these forums I was hoping to disconnects randomly Everyone Internet from get new insight as to what might be causing the issues I m having About a couple weeks ago I started to experience some internet troubles It would be every minutes or every couple hours but I would get disconnect from the internet To start with the tray icon it would mostly show the triangle over the symbol when this Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet happens yet sometimes it would say it was connected perfectly fine Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet In both circumstances during these periods Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet it would not be able to connect to the internet On my network maximum of three of us I am the only one that is hardwired in to the router with an Ethernet cord The other two are wireless We had gotten a new router from Bright House a Ubee modem router and were not satisfied at all when this started happening We purchased a new router to get gigabit Ethernet ports and to give us GHZ wireless channels After installing the new router and setting the UBEE to bridge mode the problem persisted When the UBEE is in bridge mode though and I connect directly to the modem I haven t noticed the problem Although I have never been directly connected to the modem for any extended period of time I have seriously tried every solution that threads have offered saying that it may be a windows problem and none seemed to do the trick So I am finally trying to reach out to you guys to hopefully receive some help I have tried calling Bright House and they sent test signals and they say that the connection is fine We noticed that when we disconnected our house phone the problem seemed to stop happening But now after it has been disconnected from the modem for a week or more the problem returned Resetting the router and modem together seems to grant us at least a day of uninterrupted access and sometimes more After I bridged the UBEE I did change some settings I disabled the firewall and set a DMZ to my router to allow all access through to it What should I do next to address this issue Thank you all in advance NickkyCubba nbsp

A:Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet

The problem lies somewhere in between your ISP and PCs.

Is this how your routers are connected?
ISP ----- Ubee wireless modem/router (bridge mode) ---- 2nd wireless router

Make sure you only have one dhcp server and the routers are not operating in the same channel. You can disable the firewall of your 2nd wireless router keep the firewall on on your modem/router. You dont need to use DMZ unless you are hosting some service to be accessed through the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everyone-randomly-disconnects-from-internet.177796/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

A:Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-randomly.180287/
Relevancy 21.93%

Would rather spend around 30 or 35.

Anyway, I would prefer for the mouse to be wireless and the keyboard to be wired. I like a back lit keyboard, but I don't see any of those around anymore for like 20 or 25 bucks. but its gonna be used for some gaming (not like hardcore, but I play pretty regularly)

anyway, im currently (borrowing) a Microsoft mobile mouse 3500. it works really well, just hoping for one slightly larger, maybe with a button or two on the side of it, although that's not a necessity. and most newer ones have a DPI higher than 1000 im thinking, although I havent noticed anything wrong with this.
Thanks for letting me know!

A:Need mouse/keyboard for $40 complete max

Mouse: Gigabyte Eco 600
Keyboard: Gigabyte GK-7100 Ultra Slim

Total: around $45 depending on where you live.

its a few dollars over budget but it'd be well worth it (I've tried the mouse, it feels so nice in your hand )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-mouse-keyboard-for-40-complete-max.181371/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title says, my mouse stops working for a couple of seconds and then starts working perfectly again. It mainly happens when I am playing BF3, the game freezes for a second, then I hear the usb-removal sound Windows makes and the game unfreezes but the mouse is dead, then game freezes again for a second and mouse starts working. During the moment mouse is dead all other USB connected things works, only mouse that dies.
It has happened a few times before when im not in any game.

Why is this happening? I have never had any problem with this before.
I have tried putting my mouse a different USB port and it helped for a day or two and then it happened again.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i5 2500k
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
8GB RAM

A:Mouse randomly dies for a couple of seconds

I have had this same problem a few months ago. Although it happened with my mouse and keyboard simultaneously. My main harddrive was going bad. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. It was rather confusing at first as I had never seen these symptoms before from a bad harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-randomly-dies-for-a-couple-of-seconds.181873/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello to all the experts and members,
I hope all the experts and members will be fit and fine .
I want to use my mobile as a pc mouse how can I do it if any one know tell me the method hope my problem will be solve I need help advance thanx waiting 4 ur replays

A:How can I use my mobile as a PC mouse?

I can't think of any obvious mechanism to do this, they are different devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-use-my-mobile-as-a-pc-mouse.181825/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, I have really strange problem that I couldn't find any solution. I have HP Probook 4710s and Windows 7 ultimate installed.
My mouse pointer won't move whether I use mouse or touchpad. Well to be exact sometimes rarely I can move it, but its lagging. So I decided to reinstall windows and format my disk, just to be on safe side. It didn't solve the problem. I tried to shout down my laptop and pull out battery and power. It still didn't solve the problem. Interesting is that my pointer wouldn't move even when I was installing windows.
Now with "fresh" windows when I connect my mouse it won't recognize it, but it still worked for a minute (lagging) then I saw that the LED in the mouse is off -.-
Please if you have any suggestions what I can try to fix or diagnose this problem, post it

A:Mouse pointer problem, Win 7

Are you using a wireless USB mouse, or a wired USB mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-pointer-problem-win-7.179908/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all,

I found this issue in the last day or two, progressingly getting worse. It did it with two separate mice and would not go away. After some thinking I decided to remove the usb plug from NEXT to the one I was using for my mouse. It fixed the issue. I think that the reason I was having an issue was that the usb ports could not handle so much load on all of them, and therefore was causing glitches in the data when it was sending and receiving from the mouse. If in doubt, remove all usb plugs and try it again. Thats my 2 cents for today

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-shaking-from-side-to-side.181179/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'd like the wireless version of this mouse, but my experience with wireless mice is that they are not as responsive and accurate as a wired mouse. Is that still true and is it true for this mouse? That's if anyone has used both versions.

I'll just go for the wired mouse to be on the safe side probably.

A:How responsive is the Cyborg R.A.T. 9 wireless mouse compared to the wired version?

Wireless mice are just as or even more responsive now than wired mice are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-responsive-is-the-cyborg-r-a-t-9-wireless-mouse-compared-to-the-wired-version.180156/
Relevancy 32.25%

I currently have sonic.net as my ISP. Every 5 minutes i disconnect from the internet and almost reconnects instantly. This is very irritating for some applications and games. I figured it was because Sonic.net renews their DHCP every 5 minutes and my router somehow blocks the renew causing the disconnect. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? My router is WRT54G, Firmware Version: v1.00.9 .

A:Sonic.net ISP disconnecting

Sounds like you've got a firewall enabled that is rejecting the DHCP renewal. Try disabling that to resolve this - or switch to a static IP, they're free for residential customers.

Someone else posted about this issue - and a fix for DD-WRT, in this forum thread: https://forums.sonic.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=243&p=1455

-Dane

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sonic-net-isp-disconnecting.179855/
Relevancy 21.5%

I was on Amazon com looking at the Logitech gaming mice and keyboards In particular this keyboard http www amazon com Logitech- - TF amp coliid I HFPICXO YVFH amp colid CXCNQ RANJ And this mouse http www amazon com gp product B amp creative amp creativeASIN B J GDXI I ve never owned a gaming mouse or keyboard before So I am wondering what the benefits really are in gameplay Starting questions keyboard and Gaming mouse off with the mouse I can t recall what my Microsoft laser mouse DPI is but I m sure it s nowhere near the of the Logitech gaming mouse above How much difference does that really make say when playing a shooter How does it affect gameplay Is it Gaming keyboard and mouse questions easier to aim quickly and accurately Does it help you to play better There must be some reason people like them I d like to understand how beneficial they are As for all the extra buttons I don t honestly see myself using them Do people really find all those buttons on a mouse helpful What for What do people activate with them On to the Logitech gaming keyboards The one I linked above I think is their entry level model I like the backlit keys feature That is pretty cool Some of the other stuff seems pretty useless to me personally The defining feature of this keyboard really seems to be the macro keys So the question is what are they good for I m trying to imagine what I d want to macro in a shooter for example What would I want to macro playing some RPG What would I want to macro playing World of Warcraft Once again people like these a lot for some reason but I am honestly clueless about what specifically it is So please enlighten the clueless Thanks a lot for any feedback on this stuff I appreciate it nbsp

A:Gaming keyboard and mouse questions

The mouse buttons can come in handy for things like reloading during gameplay. Hitting the mouse button with your thumb can certainly be quicker than hitting it with a finger on the keyboard.

The sensitivity and the acceleration (measured in G's, for g force) can be quite important, but so is having a good quality mouse mat to go with it. Ultimately speaking the higher the rating the more accurate the mouse is, and how sensitive it is to movement during gameplay.

Having adjustable DPI settings can be useful for things like sniping, where you can knock it down a touch to make the scope sight move slower. I use my Logitech G9 mouse at the highest setting all the time, but the option to reduce it on the fly can be handy some times.

As for the keyboard, those extra buttons could be used to perform multi-button actions during gameplay, or just used to perform certain functions in replacement of the existing keyboard buttons in use.

I must admit that having owned many gaming keyboards, I've ever really used the macro functions, so someone else would probably be better explaining this.

The backlit keys are indeed very helpful, especially in late night gaming sessions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-keyboard-and-mouse-questions.177732/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi, I'm having problems with my mouse and video games. (PC). Please watch this video and I will be thankful. Basically my mouse skips and IDK why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQk2_pBzz4

1. I get only 30ish FPS with a quad core 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM but I have integrated graphics, is it solely because of my integrated? (6550D, 4GB)

2. Radeon 6950 vs. 6970, is it JUST a FIRMWARE change, and will I be able to basically make a 6950 a 6970?

3. THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: My mouse isn't a gaming mouse, it's just one that came with the comp, first when I'm like aiming, it's really inacurate because it seems like it skips some locations on the X-AXIS (and Y-AXIS) of the game...

A:Gaming mouse problem -- skipping points on the X/Y axis...?

Have you checked your DPI settings? Are you sure it's not due to lag?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mouse-problem-skipping-points-on-the-x-y-axis.177846/
Relevancy 24.08%

I ve always been running on A C power but lately my computer loses power for no reason It s not that it shuts down but instead it just turns off like it suddenly lost power I thought maybe my charger was dying so I bought one from HP but that hasn t changed anything My randomly My laptop off turns battery hasn t worked in a really really long time so I never put it in the laptop anymore I tried the computer in the outlets in my bedroom and in the library and I got the same results Sometimes the power shuts off as the computer is booting other times it lets me get to the home screen and I can play on the computer on a while before it loses power I always keep my laptop on top of a chill pad Although I ve noticed my fan doesn t turn on when I turn on my computer Is it suppose to My laptop randomly turns off Also I think I might have heard a noise from my fan How can I be sure it s the fan I have a HP G US I bought it in It s running off Windows Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:My laptop randomly turns off

The laptop is definitely old enough for some service. It is possible that the cooling fan is worn out and/or dirty... if the fan is not running properly, the laptop will sense a over-heating condition and it will turn off. Have the laptop serviced and new batteries are cheap enough on EBay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-randomly-turns-off.177610/
Relevancy 23.22%

I had this memory stick for a while, and its been working fine. It has a lot of my important college work on it too. Just a few days ago it randomly stopped working. I've tried it on all computers I can and none of them recognised it, and it didn't pop up in 'My Computer'.
The best reaction I got was on this laptop, where it said it was processing, but then said that I did not have a suitable driver software or something like that. Please help, I have a lot of work on it .

A:7dayshop USB memory stick randomly stopped working?

A lot of them quit just because they have been dropped more than 12 inches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7dayshop-usb-memory-stick-randomly-stopped-working.177490/
Relevancy 21.93%

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing and I can't see it. It is there and if I move it to the right spot I can see that it highlights the icon or what ever it is on. I hit the control button to get the circle to show me where it is but it is still invisible on no specific program at all. I have to restart the computer for it to come back on. It has been happening more frequently lately but it does not seem to follow any pattern. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

A:Mouse cursor keeps vanishing

Can you give a brief description of your computer, with operating system...
You might benefit from a repair install, if WXP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-keeps-vanishing.177268/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 21.5%

hey guys this is my first post so go easy I'm no pc guru, so after openening my machine and removing ramm and replacing it (to check which ddr it was), I powered back on my pc to find no power to the monitor,mouse or keyboard the fans still power up and I hear no beeps. Im at a loss as what can be done and I need to get my corusework off it. My machine is a packard bell ipower x2.0 model ipwG5620 with a nivida gtx550ti card in other then its the shop standard one, any help would be awsome.
regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-mouse-and-keyboard-arent-working.176897/