Windows Support Forum

Loss of Admin Privileges/Permissions

Q: Loss of Admin Privileges/Permissions

Beginner level

After a failed Windows Update some months ago, I was unable to get any further updates. The error message 80070005 indicated I did not have 'privileges' to do so. I installed Hotfix, although not sure what this actually achieved. After Flash crashed later on, I tried to install the newest version, but again, I do not have Admin Privileges to do so. Tried with and without Norton 360 running, with and without Windows Defender running.
Looked at User Accounts. Tried with and without User Account Control turned off.
Gave the PC several full scans, no problems detected.
Looked at some online tips, but as a beginner, don't want to go anywhere near tinkering with the Registry.

help appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Loss of Admin Privileges/Permissions

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Loss of Admin Privileges/Permissions

Welcome
Possibly you can use this administrator perform the tasks.
Administrator Account
In addition, if you can try to create a new administrator account, for daily use.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298120-loss-admin-privileges-permissions.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello there I am still having issues with my internet my last thread http www techspot com community t uter-on-the-same-network loss Ping and games packet on in off issues and post- When im in games its most noticeable in league of legends I Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss get lag where ill be clicking to move somewhere and it doesnt register for a few seconds It lags in Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss all my other games too and I disconnect in alot o f them I fear it is packet loss When I check for packet loss on teamspeak those top numbers are all other times the first and rd are and other times there all similar numbers like u see in the picture Ive done ping tests on pingtest net and sometimes I get sometimes I get and sometimes I get like On and off packet loss I didnt think it was possible what could be the problem Faulty ethernet bad router because I havent a clue Here is a pathping to google theres and a ics netlyzr test these are from my computer ill do some of other computers in my household too I have removed some ip address for obvious reasons this one was took about mins after the st one http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ea d- - ee -ae - cb -b e hes a second one http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca f- - eb -b a - f - for the same computer and another http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca f- - b - dc - - My Mums computer decided it doesnt like java and wont run ics netalyzr My computer is on Ethernet but the laptop is on wifi So do you guys have any idea what is going on is it my computer the router or what Any other info u need just ask Thanks in advance Max nbsp

A:Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss

Anyone? :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ping-issues-in-games-and-on-and-off-packet-loss.197207/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello, I'm David, and I am having problems with packet loss. I usually use internet to watch videos, play some games and what not, but recently I started experiencing lags. I googled it up, and then tried to see if my pc had packet loss (pinged google.com -t). I had a 6% packet loss. Then I tried it on my other pc (it is connected to the same router and is half a meter away from other one). It had 0% packed loss. Then I remembered that recently I downloaded some programs and stuff on the pc with the packet loss. Could it be the cause of my packet loss? Thank you to all who at least read my delema.

A:Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

What Router brand and model are you using?
Are you connected wired or wireless?
Are you connected 100mbps or 1.0 Gbps.
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router lately?
Also have you upgraded the drivers on the PCs network cards?
Have you ever power cycled the power on the router or modem?
Any switches connected to the router? If so, try a different port.
Have you tried a different port on the router?

Packet loss in a router means the router started degrading on the ports side.
Device could be overheating or just have duff ports (bad)
In your case you can also.

1. Backup config settings in the Router
2. Do a Factory Reset will wipe all prior settings out
3. Restore Backup config settings in the Router

If all was tried you should consider replacing the router only as option though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packed-loss-could-it-be-a-programs-fault.194386/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I am having issues with my internet When I do a test on pingtest net I get - packet loss but when I do the same network the Getting only on same computer on loss packet one test on other computers in my house they get As I m a gamer this is a huge issue because I experience exactly I have experienced EVERYTHING in this description quot Much as it sounds if you have anything less than complete success in Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network transmitting and receiving quot packets quot of data then you are experiencing this problem with your Internet connection It can mean much slower download and upload speeds poor quality Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network VoIP audio pauses with streaming media and what seems like time warping in games -- your connection may even come to a total standstill Packet loss is a metric where anything greater than should cause concern quot from pingtest net Here are my netlyzr results http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca a- - feb - cc- d - c What ive tried thus far and didnt work Malware scan Uninstalling firewall uninstalling antivirus I have used wired and wireless connections and still getting the same problem FULL scan for viruses etc used win troubleshooter-doesn t have a clue I will admit I have torrented before I have stopped now and I used to get kbps down on bittorrent then I think plusnet my ISP somehow caught on and stopped it then I got kbps Maybe something to do with that has caused the issue I still have Microsoft security essentials on my PC if that might be causing trouble If you need more info please ask thanks Max nbsp

A:Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network

Describe the network hardware (make/model how old) and your connections to it. I've seen ethernet slots on routers go bad, so swap the cable from one slot to another.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-packet-loss-on-only-one-computer-on-the-same-network.193353/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I have a problem that happens about once per day where the wifi signal in my house stops working When this happens it happens to all devices on the network Mac PC and tablet The wifi signal on these devices still shows that it has a signal however they are unable to connect to the internet Sometimes on my mac I can us the Network Diagnostics tool and it will reconnect to the internet however most of the time the router has to be day once of about Wi-Fi a Loss reset Sometimes the router has to be reset and the computer has to be restarted I have tried to change the wireless channel thinking it might be interference causing the problem but it didn t help It get to the point where the internet is almost Loss of Wi-Fi about once a day unusable at times because of this I ve been talking to my ISP and they checked Loss of Wi-Fi about once a day the signal to my modem but found no problem I also don t have a problem with hardwired devices Really not sure what the problem could be My router is a Monoprice roduct ID COLOR Wireless N Router w WPS amp WISP Function Mbps COLOR nbsp

A:Loss of Wi-Fi about once a day

It looks like your router needs to be replaced.

Go to device manager, find Network adapter..You can try and scan Network Adapter or uninstalled it, then installed it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-wi-fi-about-once-a-day.189660/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been having issues all day with my internet. i.e. lag, video streaming slow, online gaming freezing, loss of connection.. After doing two independent Ping Tests the connection speed is fine but both record Packet Loss. Please explain.

A:Internet packet loss: what does it mean?

This might be of some use:
http://www.mpls-experts.com/what-causes-packet-loss-on-the-internet/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packet-loss-what-does-it-mean.180151/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am running Win 7 64 on a built PC. I had a gforce 9500 and 4 gigs of RAM on a Asus M4A77TD mobo. I upgraded to a GTX 550 Ti 2g and 8 gigs of 1600 RAM.

Just before I upgraded and the partial reason for the upgrade was the 9500 was making a weird grinding sound and the com started losing signal to the video card and the usb connections (Keyboard and mouse).

I thought installing the new equipment would fix the issue, but alas it has not. Its not after anything specific that it happens. I was running a game for 2 hours and it happened, I also left my comp on over night and it happened when I got up in the morning. It would seem to be more a time or length of time the computer is on that it will happen.

Any thoughts, help or solutions?

Thanks guys!

A:Video and USB device loss

You put in a lot better graphic card and you increased the RAM.

Still on the same power supply?

Thats my thoughts, replace the power supply with something good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-and-usb-device-loss.179407/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys To start I am sorry if this topic has been covered somewhere else but I have spent literally hours searching for a solution to this I am using a computer I built approx years ago running Windows xp sp I am using a Razr Carcharias headset attached microphone and a RealTek HD Audio card I am currently running drivers RtkHDAud driver My microphone has worked fine all the way up until I reformatted my computer Now my microphone will randomly stop working when using programs like skype ventrilo mumble etc However I can get the microphone working again for a short time if I open a menu related to the microphone and close it again Example I will be functionality Audio of Random RealTek microphone HD - loss talking with friends in Mumble similar to ventrilo and my microphone will cut out RealTek HD Audio - Random loss of microphone functionality I have to open up the audio wizard and click through all the menus all the settings are saved from previous so the microphone was working Once i have closed the audio wizard my microphone will work again for a short time The timeframe in which is is functional varies and I have yet to find a trigger or a certain length of time that my microphone will take to stop working After the reformat I have installed all of the windows updates and latest RealTek HD Audio drivers I have actually tried the newest drivers and about other drivers that were outdated wondering if there was a conflict somewhere When I use the troubleshooter through XP for sound and audio devices Even if my microphone stops functioning during the quot test quot It comes out saying that the device is working properly Same thing with dxdiag I m sure all my settings with my microphone both in windows and through RealTek HD audio manager are correct Ive tried about every known combination of settings that could be affecting it As for the microphone I have also tested this with a stand a lone microphone and have had the same results so this is not a hardware related issue with the microphone I have yet to take a physical look at the card but my suspicion is that this is software or settings based somehow as this problem only occurred after my computer reformat and everything was just peachy before that Keep in mind that I have changed absolutely nothing with hardware after the reformat Any ideas what can be going on Anything you can think of trying Thank you so so so very much in advance - Matt nbsp

A:RealTek HD Audio - Random loss of microphone functionality

Hi,

A friend of mine is having the exact same problem. Audio just cuts out when using his microphone and he also uses XP SP3 w/ Realtek.
Haven't been able to pinpoint the problem, but to me it is safe to assume that this is a bug in XP as he has no issues in W7.

What motherboard do you have? you might have the same mobo as him as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-random-loss-of-microphone-functionality.175268/
Relevancy 28.81%

So here at home I have my laptop a Dell Latitude E which I usually have plugged into my charger mouse audio input and Ethernet cable on my desk since I don t move it too often However whenever I want to use my laptop in other parts of the house like my room or the kitchen there is Dell E6510 Latitude loss Random wireless no ethernet cable and so my laptop automatically Random wireless loss Dell Latitude E6510 switches to our wifi Suddenly one night while I had my laptop in my room it would not give me wifi It would show me that there were available networks but that it was unable to connect to any of them I would try to connect and it would give me an error Random wireless loss Dell Latitude E6510 When I troubleshooted the problem the laptop said that was an issue with the router or access point It suggested I restart my router then try again Random wireless loss Dell Latitude E6510 I did so and nothing changed I was still unable to access wifi However my ipod touch and all the other computers were still able to connect to the wifi perfectly fine My wifi switch IS on so that is not the issue I don t believe I purposely installed anything new onto my laptop so I have no clue why it would stop working with my wifi Any suggestions or has this happened to anybody else Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-wireless-loss-dell-latitude-e6510.170300/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have had my Asus for only about a year now, it has been running great for the longest time but now im having problems with my monitor losing connection, while im gaming, and if im away from the computer for too long. i have brought it to best buy for tech support 3 times already but they havent helped. they suggested restoring my entire system to factory default.

someone please help
additional info, no upgrades have been made to this computer, no new parts, only the monitor goes out, the tower is still active

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-stop-connection-loss-from-monitor.150619/
Relevancy 29.24%

Data Loss Situation Best Chance of Recovery At the moment you have a failure it is important to record what you remember and from this point forward what you do to attempt getting the data back Technicians have to be detectives in some cases as when the drive arrives it is very vague as to the events leading up to the failure and the failure itself then the what steps did you try for the recovery question Avoiding doing anything further that could cause damage to the data is of Data chance ? situation best recovery loss of course based on what type of failure has occurred Logical recovery data deletion or read errors mean that anything you apply to the drive can cause further damage as the drive is still in working order Electrical damage likely safest of all failures as if the drive does not receive power the data can not be changed or affected until power is restored to the drive Physical failure clicking whirring grinding and internal noise and every time you put power to the drive the data has a chance of further damage incurring I liken putting power to the drive at this point to Russian roulette as you power up the drive it s putting the most force into the reading heads and if then you hear silence the heads may well have died Data loss situation ? best chance of recovery completely at this point and a ring is made then causing the data to be unrecoverable If you have a logical deletion or failure do not download any recovery tools to the drive you wish to recover data to you would be surprised how many end users over write the data they are wishing to recover If you drive has picked up read errors or bad segments you can imagine a defrag or scan disk option being like the card file at the library and at the time the drive is working away putting everything in a new order behind the scenes it would be like throwing the library card file up in the air as the drive is then loosing al the pointers on the drive that point to the location of the data stored on the drive Always stop to consider how important the lost data is Do you have a copy Who might have the back up of your lost data- something you have emailed as in pictures Then you can decide value on the missing data what the important data is you have lost and what measures you will take to recovery the data or not Sometimes the cost of the recovery will out weight the value and other times the value will be found to be irreplaceable nbsp

A:Data loss situation – best chance of recovery

And your question is?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-loss-situation-%E2%80%93-best-chance-of-recovery.149827/
Relevancy 28.81%

I recently updated my winXP pro ver. 2002 Service Pack 2with 80 updates, since then my sata hd and dvd writer have disappeared from windows and bios.Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? I am running a Mach speed MSNV-939 with AMD Athelon 64 x 2. Dual core 3800.
Everything was running great before the updates.

A:Updating XP Pro and loss of SATA drives in BIOS and Windows

does the drive in question contain any data? usually, if the drive doesn't appear in BIOS, it probably doesn't in windows XP, but have you checked if windows detects the card in Disk Management console? i would recommend installing new storage drivers for your motherboard. the updates could have made the existing drivers corrupt or uninstalled them. do you have any exclamations in Device Manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-xp-pro-and-loss-of-sata-drives-in-bios-and-windows.149680/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 30.1%

when i turn my computer on it boots up like it should until where it would reach the windows xp welcome screen.instead of reaching the welcome screen the video cuts out and my monitor says signal lost.i presume the computer is still booting fine though as the hdd light still illuminates and the fans are all still operating like normal.now a few months ago i had problems with an old graphics card so i got a new one a sapphire ati radeon hd 3650 i think it was and it was running fine until a few days ago where the video kept getting lost.i dont know if my computer has updated something that has caused a conflict either

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

A:Loss of video

Hi

your graphics card is set to a range to high for the monitor, you need to reboot into vga mode and then reboot back into normal mode.

or boot into safe mode and remove the video card in device manager and then reboot and let windows reinstall it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-video.143239/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi

I'm thinking about buying a 2 tb caviar green hdd.
My motherboard only supports 1.5gbps sata so my question is.

Is 1.5gbps enough for the hdd to reach it's max read and write speed?

Or will it suffer performance loss because of the lower bandwidth?

It's read and write speed is around 100MB/s

A:WD Caviar Green in 1.5gbps, performance loss?

The 2 TB drive is trouble for too many, regardless of brand. Stick with the 1.5 TB or smaller.
You won't have performance loss. If you want High performance, use a 250 or 320 GB hard drive.
Be sure you have the correct cables, that latch onto the drive, and are usable for SATA II

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-caviar-green-in-1-5gbps-performance-loss.141884/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I play a game called Tactical Ops It s a game with low requirements like CS In my old computer I didn t have packet loss ping or lag issues Now I bought a new cpu and my ping it s going crazy In seconds change ou times Now I m playing with ping In my old computer lag loss ping, computer; packet New and problems I only had ou ping I google it and didn t found anything to solve my problem I didn t try other online games but I m guessing I ll have the same problem My old computer - Pentium ghz - Graphic Card Onboard mb - Sound Card Onboard - RAM ddr - XP Home Edition New computer - Motherboard M A TD-M EVO - AMD Athlon II X ghz - New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems Graphic Card - ATI HD Gb DDR - Sound Card Onboard - New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems RAM GB - XP Professional I use cable by the way I think I m not having problems in other programs that use internet like mozilla or utorrent They are working very well Btw I don t know if it helps but my game is playing like of speed in single player and if I go to options game speed If I reduce New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems to my game still works in speed thanks nbsp

A:New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems

This might be caused by your cable modem or routers settings. Try resetting the router to its default Cable settings. Did you apply all the new motherboards drivers and install all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-ping-lag-and-packet-loss-problems.140489/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have since learnt my problem is OS related I have started another thread in OS section Can this be deleted Hello Apologies for the long post I hope this is in the right area and that someone might know what is wrong with my card I recently bought a PC from Zoostorm and I ve been happy with it so far as it s such an upgrade from the last one I had I was also pleased that it contained an ATI card as I d had a few problems with Nvidia in the past But recently things haven t been going so good and no matter how many searches I do I can t seem to find someone with the same problem as me I m running a and from what I ve Flashing Loss Screen and Black Cursor read on it it appears to be particularly buggy but I m praying somewhere out there is a solution It would be such a shame to have to change it as it s less than a month old I play a lot of WoW and I ve experienced two freezes I m not sure if the music is still playing as I never have it on anyway and I didn t think at the time to check if it was affected I couldn t tab out so had to reboot both times Cursor Loss and Flashing Black Screen Another problem I ve had appears to be connected to tabbing out of the game and may be set off by my character being AFK for a few minutes I ll suddenly discover my cursor has disappeared and I ll tab out hoping to correct the issue only to find my desktop has been replaced with a black screen but several menus can be seen opening and closing namely the start menu My tab bar will be at the top of the screen I can click on the start icon but nothing happens I ve only ever been able to ctrl alt del twice and have had to shut off WoW in the process screen All other times I ve had to reset my computer This problem has also occurred outside of WoW once I literally came back from the bathroom to find a black screen and have no idea what set it off I had come out of a game a while before but had been happily browing the web before the problem occurred I intially thought that it might be a heat problem as I remember an Nvidia card suffering some weird graphical glitches that were caused by heat but this doesn t seem to be the problem I downloaded a little vista gadget that monitors my card and have been watching it closely It never rises above C and I ve only ever seen its fan come on once I m at a loss at to what to do I do have a I could replace it with but I m guessing I d forfeit my warranty by replacing a part I ve tried updating drivers but everything seems to be fine and I m currently running Catalyst which I think is the latest If anyone has any idea or even if someone has experienced the same problem I d love to hear it Any help at all would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cursor-loss-and-flashing-black-screen.138089/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have recently installed spy cameras around my house loss signal Cat 5 as i need to to monitor the activities out there My objective was to have a live view of the happenings in my house sitting from my office on my laptop My office is around feet away from my house All the a v feed from the cameras are being captured in a c p u placed at my house In order to get me a feed my engeneer did the following - he shared both the systems with networking over a cat lan network distance was around feet between the systems cpu and my laptop however I am unable to get any signal on my laptop from my cpu cant even ping my cpu from the systems Cat 5 signal loss Every thing is in order the crimping and other such things However it is working fine at the very point using a feet cat cable i can Cat 5 signal loss get good signal and my systems are shared I can acess the screen of the cpu and its d drive from my laptop even control the operations of my cpu What is going wrong are we missing somthing out Cat 5 signal loss here or some other technology is required for this Please help nbsp

A:Cat 5 signal loss

cat 5 should be good for 100m (~300 ft) so I would suspect something else.

create a wiring diagram from the camera to whatever it is connected, to how your systems
attach to a router (I assume).

A HUB or switch will not do ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cat-5-signal-loss.135419/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 26.23%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi I have a windows xp home machine connected through ethernet to my dsl router This is the machine that I want to share files from My laptop is running windows xp pro Sharing files is easy but I want to make home/pro Give xp shares specific permissions windows to on it so that not just anyone who has access to my network has access to the shared files on the xp home machine I d like to give Give specific permissions to windows shares on xp home/pro access to a certain remote user for certain directories I ve read that you can t do this with xp home but if you boot into safe mode which I ve done you get the more robust interface with the myriad of permission choices But I still can t figure out how to get it working even from safe mode I tried creating an account on the windows home machine that s the same as the account on the laptop that I would use when I tried to access the directory and I tried giving permissions to that user but it didn t work Is there a way to get xp home to play here nbsp

A:Give specific permissions to windows shares on xp home/pro

By default, simple file sharing is enabled on most Windows XP-based computers. If simple file sharing is enabled, everyone in your workgroup has access to your shared folders. If simple file sharing is disabled, members of your workgroup cannot access your shared folders until you choose to share particular folders or drives with those users or groups that you select.Click to expand...

I got this from the Microsoft website. Unfortunately, you cannot disable simple file sharing on XP Home so herein lies your problem. I will search!

EDIT: I found this WIKI on how to disable simple file sharing for XP home.

It sounds legitimate (never had a problem with wikihow) but I personally have never tried it due to my lack of an XP Home machine. You can give it a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/give-specific-permissions-to-windows-shares-on-xp-home-pro.130989/
Relevancy 28.81%

Friends,

I have the following problem. When I start the computer video on monitors flickers and then lost. After I turn on and off the monitor switch video becomes stabile and after that it works without problem.

I have a AGP FX5200 GeForce video card with s video tv out. I do not have any video problem on the tv out (clone). I tested with another video card (same FX5200) and another monitor vga cable. I have the same problem.

This only happens in the initial start up, I do not have any problems when restart or start the computer after a short off time 10-15 mins.

The only thing left is I can think of is monitor but I am not sure, so any help or share of ideas appreciated.

I have a DEll Dimension 4600 XP Home SP3 with 15 inch LCD Flat screen analog monitor.

Thanks in advance.

A:Temporary Loss of Video on LCD Monitor during initial boot

Your video graphics card may have decided it is time to quit... or you have a memory problem... or power supply issue. The power supply for the Dell 4600 is usually only 250 watts... so you might want to upgrade that one to 400 to 500 watts. Be careful about the size in length, width, and height... as well as the position of the power cord socket and the power switch which is difficult to match with many power supplies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temporary-loss-of-video-on-lcd-monitor-during-initial-boot.122638/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 30.1%

. I have a dell machine with windows vista. Connected to the usb ports are mouse, keyboard and my wireless netgear usb model wpn111. Nearly every day I notice that I lose my wireless lan connection and this is when I notice ports failure. The led on the wireless key stops flashing and reconnecting it does not bring it back to life. The mouse and keyboard continue working, however if I disconnect and reconnect the mouse or keyboard these also stop working and are not recognised. The only way to restore usb ports is by shutting down pc. At shut down there is a problem, the shutting down windows screen hangs and I end up physically switching off the pc. Spoke to Dell they suggested downloading chipset software but this has not helped.

A:Loss of USB ports

this sounds like a software or bios issue, although you cannot rule out hardware failure. I suggest reinstalling all the appropriate drivers with updates. If that fails, you will need to get the hardware tested and/or replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-usb-ports.120871/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, i previously had a windows xp pc with a wirelless g usb network adapter. I was getting a smooth connection. However, when i bought a new pc with windows vista premium, I started experiencing much packet loss. I updated the adapter drivers for vista off linksys' website, but i am still experiencing loss. This has been affecting my online games such as Counter-strike source and Call of Duty 4 where i get kicked from online games due to the PB error "No packet Flow" after 30 seconds.
Is there anything i can do and what may be the source of the problem?
Thanks in advance

A:Packet Loss

first find the game server name or IP address
then get a command prompt (run.>cmd) enter
ping servername (or ip address)
and you will get some timings. if there's no timeout or server not found message, then enter
pathping servername (or ip address)

it will take 200-300 seconds to run the test -- be patient

now you will see exactly WHERE in the network packets are being lost

you can COPY the report and paste into your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packet-loss.104416/
Relevancy 41.28%

Loss of power causes loss of connection on restore of power. Need to isolate and see where the problem is. Does modem lose bridge on restore of power. My quess is no. So where is the change at. Is there a option to reconnect. This is a Netgear Wgt624 router with a Speedstream modem 4100. Thanks everybody

A:Loss of Power Loss of connection

Is this a question ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-power-loss-of-connection.119174/
Relevancy 29.67%

Dear all, recently I have been stuck with a big problem with my Samsung T220 monitor. Apparently whenever I run games at a refresh rate of 75Hz, the monitor seems to lose the DVI signal and tends to search for alternate sources. This problem also occurs even when i use analog input. This is extremely irritating as I play counter-strike and need that 75Hz. I have swapped graphics card from an nVidia 8800GTS 320mb to a ATI 4870 512mb and still the problem exists. I even swapped RAM but to no avail. The monitor seems to be problem free only when it is at 60Hz. I have no idea what is wrong and I hope that someone can enlighten me. Thanks for all the advice. My computer specs are as follow:
710W PSU
ASUS Striker Extreme
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
ATI Radeon 4870 512mb
2Gb Kingston HyperX FSB 800

A:Monitor loss of signal problem

The monitor likely only supports 60Hz. That's rather common for cheaper LCDs it seems. It might work at 75Hz on occasion, but it's not made for that, and thus, is unlikely to function stably at 75Hz. While I can see the slight difference between 60Hz and 75Hz, it doesn't really make that much of a difference when gaming on an LCD monitor, as they are immune to flicker. The only reason you'd ever need more than 60Hz is on a CRT, and that'd only be because of the flicker being hard on the eyes. Try playing Counter-Strike on 60Hz, I'm sure it won't be that bad. Perhaps it will take a little getting used to, but there's nothing for it. I don't think that monitor supports anything beyond that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-loss-of-signal-problem.119008/
Relevancy 26.23%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys first time poster here I apologize for the length of the post but I have done a LOT of diagnostics work and can t figure this one out Specs XP Sp Home Edition Intel P G dual core Nvidia geforce GT gigs dual channel ddr twin x from Corsair Seagate sata HD and new Seagate sata HD intel dg ec mobo ethernet card don Mobo? a At loss. Possible t remember off the top of my head no additional sound card w PS came with case Xion II At a loss. Possible Mobo? xionusa com Built about months ago no issues until now Drivers installed right after build no updates rollbacks Issue Started a week ago when I bought company of heroes opposing forces I want to stress that there has been no issue like this until the installation of the game but it has since infected the overall performance of my computer which makes me believe it s simply coincidence The game worked fine for about - days and At a loss. Possible Mobo? on day At a loss. Possible Mobo? - I would get periods of intermittent lag It s clearly hardware lag the game FREEZES entirely and the sound goes into what seems like a ms loop it s godawful to hear when there s an explosion It tends to do so when the PC is being stressed ie artillery is landing on a lot of units After days - it got continually worse to the point where unvieling the fog of war would cause these spikes The cutscenes and DivX videos in game got really bad too The sound after the spikes would be FUBAR for anywhere from - seconds hearing sometimes nothing other times scratching sounds and sometimes it seemed to randomly play a few sounds here and there gunshots from one of squads or random ambient noises At this point I tried underclocking my memory bus speeds and it fixed the problem for a few hours then it slowly came back I noticed that after the problem occured youtube videos would experience a similar sound crackle for a few seconds and my mouse and video would cut out for a split second while opening programs or sometimes doing nothing at all The mouse would freeze as if it were in the game as it was being stressed and experiencing this lag It gets caught in a position and completes user input after the lag spike Not as frequent as in game but it still happens out of game and in other programs I also noticed the windows loading screen with the blue scroll bar now flickers at a certain point while loading windows The load got progressively longer and longer as well When windows would boot the blue Welcome screen would sometimes stay up longer after the traditional windows sound would play I ran benchmarks and certain tests memtest included and came to the conclusion that it was probably my hard drive I bought a new gb HD and did a fresh windows install on it I updated all drivers bios vid card chipset etc and reinstalled COH Well it worked for a while now the problem is occuring again I can play the game until it is stressed again with many units and artillery firing down etc the hardware lag will come and it will go to a BSOD and reboot The error message warns about new hardware etc etc I was also getting the BSOD on the old hard drive but not as frequent Before the new HD and install of windows I noticed my CPU usage was spikey - during idle and in game - and when the hardware lag would come my cpu usage would drop to I ran another memtest which reported nothing I ran a few CPU stability tests including prime which seems to rule out my ram and cpu I have a feeling it s the on board sound card which ultimately means i need a new mobo Oh yea and XP limits the amount of ram allowed on a system the gigs only registers as this is nothing new but when i run memtest it suggests running several instances to account for all your ram I opened running each at and the th at The rd memtest stopped responding before the test could initiate I don t know if this is significant I have also researched a lot and come to the conclusion that this may be a problem with my ethernet card It s not usb it is ethernet but I ve heard ... Read more

A:At a loss. Possible Mobo?

sounds like you have a lot of background crap running... read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53669.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-a-loss-possible-mobo.117861/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all First of all a list of my system Asus A N-SLI Deluxe mobo Athlon GB Ram x Geil CL MB PC x PNY Verto Geforce GT s in SLI config Hard disks are x Maxtor Diamond Max GB RAID without loss. data Setup Possible? 0 SATA x Maxtor Diamond Max GB SATA The motherboard has SATA connections and RAID SATA connections At the moment I have the GB drive at SATA C windows XP OS boot and GB on SATA connection D used for storage of music etc Is there any way of connecting the drives to the SATA RAID connections to get RAID without losing any data I want to just swap the connections over on the mobo and set up RAID without formating either drive If this is not possible could I back up my GB drive format it and set up RAID keeping the XP installation which would then spread to the drives without having to reinstall XP When I boot up there is an option pops up to setup Setup RAID 0 without data loss. Possible? RAID from the BIOS for a about seconds Any one used this on this mobo I m not worried about redundancy so not an issue Thanks in advance Gregsy nbsp

A:Setup RAID 0 without data loss. Possible?

You want to keep the data on both drives? Plain impossible. The most obvious reason being that your drives have 500GB worth of data when separate, while a RAID0 setup would be 400GB (double the smallest drive).

Whether your second plan works, depends on the kindness of the RAID setup software makers. I seriously doubt it, but in theory it is possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-raid-0-without-data-loss-possible.50167/
Relevancy 29.67%

I m usually pretty good when it comes to diagnosing and debunking video problems but this one has me at a complete loss of course it s my own flippin system awesome I can t figure out why my keeps crashing on me whilst gaming it doesn t make any sense I think I might just RMA the card eventually but I d like to see what other people think about the issue first The last thing I need is to have the replacement card do the same exact thing which is typically my luck The card lasts on average about hours before the screen goes black the behavior after Visiontek with this Loss a Crashing HD4870 - At that seems completely random Sometimes I get a NO SIGNAL message and have to restart the system manually and other times VPU recover will restart the card thus returning video VisionTek support told me that if the screen was going black that meant the card was overheating Sometimes I hear the fan go to when the video cuts out so I m thinking they might be right However I run the Visiontek HD4870 - At a Loss with this Crashing fan at when I run games so it seems highly unlikely I have also applied OCZ FreeZe thermal compound to the core which dropped the quot out-of-the-box quot temps about c The card never passes c on full load w the fan running above Could the vRAM be overheating I have tried ATI catalyst drivers through with absolutely no effect on this crashing I have tried tweaking settings w both RivaTuner and CCC and I have even flashed the card s BIOS via thumb drive don t tell VT I was sure that flashing the BIOS would fix the problem but nothing s changed The card still crashes just like it did before The BIOS I m using now is the ASUS TOP version So now I m debating on reflashing the card to stock BIOS and shipping it over to VisionTek for replacement service cuz I can t think of anything else to try I m also looking at BIOS updates for my mobo as my current revision dates back to well it s kinda old I don t really see that doing anything because it seems the only changes to the BIOS have been added CPU compatibility Anyways I d appreciate as much input on this as possible If I can t get it figured out by the end of the week I guess I m losing the card for awhile Thanks in advance for any help As a side note card performed just fine through hours upon hours of BioShock Crysis and UT game play This kinda leads me to believe that the card is not the problem but I guess different games use the GPU differently cliff notes HD crashes in-game roughly hours no signal message running latest ATI drivers amp directX card doesn t seem to be overheating -fan is run at while gaming -OCZ FreeZe on core neither ccc or rivatuner tweaks have any effect on crashing BIOS flash did not fix the issue running ASUS TOP bios rom w PSU w v rating of - nbsp

A:Visiontek HD4870 - At a Loss with this Crashing

1. Uninstall the drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers.

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

---------------------

Of course if the card (or video) is faulting outside Windows, when you first turn on your computer. Then it's not a Windows issue or driver issue

I'd say return it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/visiontek-hd4870-at-a-loss-with-this-crashing.115144/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi folks it s that time again and apparently I ve broken something else If someone could spare the time to give me some help with this I d really appreciate it I loss Video / Unknown power? issue ve noticed two problems both of which involve the PC quot turning off quot but actually it s more like video cuts out screen loses signal followed by audio Caps lock and Num lock still work plus the fans and lights stay on On the other hand sometimes everything just switches off The first time I had this happening was in Company of Heroes CoH running the game at max resolution x and max settings I managed to fix this in a crude and temporary way by installing RivaTuner and defining a profile that makes sure the GPU fan speeds up when hot The current problem is easily caused by running a slightly older probably less demanding game - Tomb Raider Legend TRL Since not many people might know the ins and outs of that game here I ll try and be vague but I also posted about it here if you Video loss / power? Unknown issue want specifics The game crashes at specific points loading the next level reloading the level if you ve died and also resuming the game between missions This is true when certain combinations of Shader Model graphics reflections Anti-Aliasing and possibly VSync However when using a resolution other than x tried x - same aspect ratio as monitor and x - the default the first level cannot even be loaded and the PC turns off if I try This isn t true for running the game on default settings x SM AA reflections Vsync all off The difference between the games is that I m guessing the first was Video loss / power? Unknown issue due to it overheating and the second is some sort of driver problem I only mentioned CoH because the symptoms were the same System Spec is modestly CPU E GHz Video Asus GTX GB DDR Memory GB x GB OCZ DDR running at OS Windows Vista Home Premium x Motherboard Asus P N-T Deluxe nForce i chipset HDD WD Velociraptor rpm SATA for all installations including Windows ndary HDD GB IDE PSU W Corsair seen here I very recently built it myself and am naturally a bit upset that it has problems already I m worried that the problem might have something to do with the news about NVidia chips being bad What I ve tried Updated Video Drivers from recent to latest Updated nForce Drivers from recent to latest x - is this right for a i Clean reinstalled TRL Updated DirectX Defined Virtual Memory primary or both HDDs Set Memory Voltage Speed and Timings to specified values in BIOS V Enabled Speedfan to monitor temperature in background saw nothing significant at point of crash Not sure about In C NVidia there is quot nForce quot as well as well as quot nForceWinVista quot and it contains a folder called quot quot which might be a wrong driver I installed and think I removed Thoughts Anyways as said I would really appreciate any help from anyone who might know what s going wrong Chris nbsp

A:Video loss / power? Unknown issue

what kind of psu do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-loss-power-unknown-issue.114000/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi Experts,

I have Intel Desktop Board D915GAV-P4, SATA-120 GB harddisk, 512 DDR, it was working fine up to now,
but suddenly (we shifted it across rooms), but now when I power on this machine then for first few times, CPU boots but there is not signal in Monitor (and even DON'T see anything like "No Signal" on monitor, so it is not sending signals properly). But after a few retries on CPU on/off suddenly monitor receives signals and works fine.
And when if starts properly(though after a few retries), it gets hanged pretty soon after system startup,

I dont know what the problem is, may be hardware is failing, but how to locate exactly which one is failing.

A:Intermittently loss of video signal

Troubleshooting video issues: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-022225.htm

Drivers: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1673

Does sound like Faulty Video Card
I would suggest to BenchTest the Motherboard, and remove all internal dust, especially on the Video Card and Slot. This information and more can be found here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittently-loss-of-video-signal.113649/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, im having this issue right now. After i reformatted my computer, due to known viruses my cuzzin got it, i went to check how much space the hard drive has and it only shows 9 gig capacity. Before i reformatted i went to the desktop to check out the problem and i checked the the hard drive to see how much space it has. it says the capacity was 200 gig. soo right now im really lost....i dunt know if i did anything wrong. what i did was put in the winxp cd and boot it. select to reinstall a fresh copy of win xp over the existing ones. it deletes all the old files the were on the comp. i choose format using ntfs without quick mode. soo any help wud be appreciated. thnxx

A:Loss of gigs

It could be that you had two partitions
A recovery partition (usually small ~ 2Gig)
And your previous OS partition

You could have installed Windows on the Recovery Partition

Just re-install again, but this time remove all partitions first (no need to format, and no need to create the new partition)

On a non Partitioned & non Formatted drive, Windows will automatically create a single NTFS partition, then install Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-gigs.113536/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have lenovo t61 laptop. whenever I put the machine in standby mode and reactivate it connectivity iwith internet is lost. Although icon showing the live connection in the tray remains. Most of the the time I have the repair the connection from the "wireless connection status window". Is any solution available for this problem.

A:Loss of connectivity to internet as laptop is turned on from standby mode

Here is a bump for anyone understanding the machine states associated with standby, and how to awake the beast avoiding glitches. I feel that somewhere in the device manager for the wireless network is a power saving or sleep setting you can override.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-connectivity-to-internet-as-laptop-is-turned-on-from-standby-mode.108683/
Relevancy 29.67%

With almost all the online games i've played (CS:S, City of Heroes, Team Fortress 2, and Natural Selection [Half-Life]), I suffer some serious lag issues.

NPC's and other players stop moving and then they move up 10 feet ahead where they should of been and sometimes I get sent back 5 feet or so. I have a Linksys router and my provider is comcast. I use an ethernet to connect to my router. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I'd put up an DxDiag but i dont htink that'd say anything about my internet

A:Choke/loss in all online games

http://www.speedtest.net/

Run the speed test at the location nearest to you (Recommended server) and post back your results. You can copy the picture of your results by, after the test finishes, copying the "Forum link" under "Share these results"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choke-loss-in-all-online-games.108458/
Relevancy 30.1%

I will lose sound on my computer about 30-40 mins after logging in and the only way it starts working again is if i restart the computer, which is a hastle.

my speakers: 2 Altec Lansing speakers
sound card: Creative

thank you in advance for your help

A:Sound loss problem

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-loss-problem.108678/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 30.1%

OK so, I am very competitive with my brother. His system specs are:

AMD Athlon FX-60 S939 Dual Core
MSI K8 Diamond Plus.
2GB OCZ High Performance DDR400 Ram
XFX 8800GT 512mb

My system specs are:

AMD Phenom 9850 X4 Socket AM2+
ASUS M3A32MVP Deluxe Wifi
2GB OCZ High Performance DDR2800 Ram
BFG 8800GTS 512Mb

As far as I am concerned, I built this system specifically to be better than the hardware he has, yet it seems that there are some problems.
My computer lags in games and jitters like crazy. I don't know if I built it wrong or something. But as it turns out, my computer only scores about half as my brothers in 3d mark 06, but I dont think it should be like that. Any suggestions?

A:Computer gamer at a loss

Most games aren't designed for multicore systems yet. I would think that his 3D mark score would be higher than yours being that his video card is better, and his cpu is designed a little more around the enthusiast market.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-gamer-at-a-loss.107180/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys new user here having somewhat of a crisis My PC has been running dog slow for months now full of old data and programs that Urgent partioning please loss! regarding data space without help unallocated I don t use anymore so I backed all my important documents - photos vids software Urgent help please regarding partioning unallocated space without data loss! and all that - onto my second hard drive First hard drive partitioned into C D and E - all partitions deleted Second hard drive was formatted has tons of music on and now backups of all Urgent help please regarding partioning unallocated space without data loss! my data which is very important to me PC is running XPSP Ok I m an IT technician and I have NEVER seen this happen before I deleted the partitions off the first hard drive leaving the second well alone because it has all my backups on there and then recreated a partition - so the first drive is now split into C and D Reinstalled Windows and bam away we go However when I went into disk management the second hard drive is NOT showing up All my data is on here we re talking photos from holidays gigs photography excursions and basically my entire life on there It would ve taken weeks to back it up to DVD and I have done it this way before and it worked absolutely fine Now after some frantic searching on the internet and punching through my wall a number of websites have suggested creating a new partition on the second hard drive a primary partition but then NOT formatting the drive and this should then allow the drive to be recognised once again by Windows assign it a drive letter and most of all not delete all my stuff off their I am basically desperate for someone to confirm this is so I simply cannot afford to lose all that stuff I wanted to test it - like put some data on a spare hard drive take the second one with all my stuff out put the other one in and repeat the whole process and try to partitioning and see if that works but i dont have another one spare lying around the house but I think I m gonna get up early tomorrow head to the local retail park and pick one up I m going potty over this If you can t be bothered reading all that heh then here s the jist I have a hard drive formatted and contains lots of data following a Windows reinstall is showing as quot unallocated quot in Disk Management - is it possible to create a new primary partition on that quot unallocated quot disk without any data loss Can some kind souls put my mind to rest and give me honest answers If so my humblest thanks Stu nbsp

A:Urgent help please regarding partioning unallocated space without data loss!

Sounds strange to me. I would use a good program such as Acronis to take a look. Also other recovery software. There are a variety of software programs (none good and free) to rescue your data, which you can find on www.tucows.com and www.majorgeeks.com.
I would use Acronis for a first look. It can often identify these missing partitions without erasing data.
We have very good luck recovering missing files using a number of recovery programs... even when the partition has disappeared.
Just go slowly.
I would put that drive in a USB enclosure and install a new drive, then using recovery software recovery all that is recoverable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-please-regarding-partioning-unallocated-space-without-data-loss.105554/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Thanks,
G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-admin-tools-and-command-prompt-from-terminal-session.103873/
Relevancy 26.23%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings,

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

TY,

XaNaToS

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-eeprom-on-dell-inspiron-8100-admin-bios-pw.102977/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.
Ozmaia

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc8230-laptop-bios-admin-password.102649/
Relevancy 30.1%

I connected a iPod shuffle via USB port, and now none of my USB ports function. My mother board is a Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4, Rev 1.0, Award BIOS v6.00PG. I do not have mobo software, and am not able to locate drivers on Gigabyte site. I have attempted un-install, but to no avail. Any idea's out there?

A:Loss of USB drivers

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2514

Their isn't a USB 2.0 driver their but if you still wanted to find the drivers for your motherboard thats where they are. So were the USB ports were working before you tried the iPod, and have you tried any other USB device to see if it works? Also be sure the check "My computer" and make sure its not showing up when its plugged in.
If it just stopped working it might also just be the motherboard ;(

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-usb-drivers.101045/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 29.67%

Win/XP Pro SP2 creates You might not have permission to use this network resource message

Navigating Entire Network -> MS Windows Network -> workgroup name
creates
Symptom:
Workgroup is not accessible.
You might not have permission to use this network resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.​
YET: in My Network Places you can add any system on your lan and access it just fine!

What gives?

Network places is working because ports 139,445 are open in the firewall.
Workgroup access is failing as ICS is not active.

Solution:
Enable Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing(ICS)​
Both Network places and Workgroup name access will now work.

(spend serveral hours working this )

A:TIP: Workgroup is not accessible, permissions err

Thank-you jobeard, as stated in another post (can't remember where now)
When I installed passwords on accounts, it seemed to have worked too

But actually all this may be to do with Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) ONLY
ie creating a password, probably automatically turned on the service

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tip-workgroup-is-not-accessible-permissions-err.100122/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 29.67%

i run a with Loss wireless of connection router..help? tosh satellite p using a netgear dg gt v modem router and find nearly every day it will not let me connect with a various sites on ie When i refresh it still is no good and i have even tried using the ethernet cable from the router with the same results It allows e-mail and i run no other pc s on the network i use a firewall and had no problem with as dell i used to have and only started the fun and games in the last few weeks after having this pcfor months AR EG is the networkcard this is the message i get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes You are not connected to the Internet The website is encountering problems There might be a typing error in the address What you can try Diagnose Connection Problems More information This Loss of connection with wireless router..help? problem can be caused by a variety of issues including Internet connectivity has been lost The website is temporarily unavailable The Domain Name Server DNS is not reachable The Domain Name Server Loss of connection with wireless router..help? DNS does not have a listing for the website s domain If this is an HTTPS secure address Loss of connection with wireless router..help? click Tools click Internet Options click Advanced and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section For offline users You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages To view subscribed feeds Click the Favorites Center button click Feeds and then click the feed you want to view To view recently visited webpages might not work on all pages Click Tools and then click Work Offline Click the Favorites Center button click History and then click the page you want to view help nbsp

A:Loss of connection with wireless router..help?

When it drops out, can you ping an external server - like Google.com ?

Start/Run type CMD, and in the dialogue box type - with the space -
ping google.com

If you can ping ok, go to Network Connections in the Control Panel, right click on the adapter you are using, Properties, TCP-IP Properties, Advanced, Options, TCP-IP Filtering Properties, and make sure " Permit All " is checked {don't bother with the "Enable TCP IP Filtering".

That should do the trick {I don't know how it changes, but I see it a bit at work, generally on machines running Norton}

Let me know how U go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-connection-with-wireless-router-help.95759/
Relevancy 30.1%

I plugged in a new fan to help keep my hdd's cool, and i plugged it into the board (turned off), and when i turned it back on, everything was good, speed fan detected it and it was running smooth. But, i noticed that my hdd light was continually on, but the hdd's weren't reading, so i shut down, and i unplugged the fan, hoping maybe that caused it. When it restarted, suddenly it was in 640x480. So, i checked the display settings, now it suddenly had every resolution up to like 3400x2048, but not my resolution of 1680x1050.

Frustrated, i uninstalled the video card, and reinstalled, same thing. Sooo, i uninstalled the drivers and software, restarted, and reinstalled. SAME THING.
Frustrated, i slammed my fist on the keyboard, and then came here.

The video card is a integraded ATI raedon xpress 200, the motherboard a ECS elitegroup RS482-M754.

A:Sudden loss of resolution

1680x1050
Mine doesn't show that one in my driver setup.

It is a normal one though (wide)
I wonder if the drivers you loaded does not have this one either
And the old drivers did

Go through the video settings and confirm there is no option saying enable wide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-loss-of-resolution.96757/
Relevancy 29.67%

hi people im new to this but please help if you can i recently bought a new pc for gameing it has a intel core mb with a radeon xl and is operated by windows vista having bought call of duty and battlefield i of Loss sound game online have become a regular online gamer since christmas which is when my problem started it was working great untill i let my nephew play which is when the sound stopped working he says all he did was stream musich whilst playing and since ive had no online sound when playing with c o d the sound works when playing one player but with battlefield being a online game i have no sound at all it must have something to do with him listening to music whilst playing but it is battering my head to find and sort the problem been through everything i know and i carnt find any faults please help or try and point me into the direction to sort it i have tried uninstalling the game but still have no sound when on line i await your reply thanks mike liverpool uk nbsp

A:Loss of game sound online

This not a nephew issue, just normal Windows !

Try System Restore to a date when all was OK (yesterday?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-game-sound-online.96559/
Relevancy 29.67%

This is my first posting so please bear with me Have desktops amp laptop all running XP Pro all hard wired to a Gigabit ethernet LAN switch all in a single workgroup all with one user account guest as administrator all with simple file sharing turned off Ok down to the problem I want to give different permissions to different PCs users on certain shared directories I ve done a Permissions File Xp Pro Sharing - lot of File Sharing Permissions - Xp Pro research via Google but am still confused as how to best achieve this When I m in the ACL editer I do not see the users or workgroup connected on the LAN therefore I can not make the appropriate permission selections allow deny etc for each PC user I understand from my research that creating a domain rather than a workgroup will allow me to achieve what I want but I have to File Sharing Permissions - Xp Pro purchase server software to adminster the domain Is my ONLY other option utilising my current File Sharing Permissions - Xp Pro workgroup to define different permissions to different PCs users is to create another account on each PC that s exactly the same including password This account will then be seen in the ACL editor by all PCs - yeah I pose this question as it seems a long amp complicated way round to achieve something that seems basic to me - perhaps it my lack of understanding of file sharing principles Any clarity on this issue would be very much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:File Sharing Permissions - Xp Pro

You are on your way by the sound of it. Simple file sharing off enables the security tab in folder properties, which is good.
But you really need to set-up different user accounts. You have 1 account on all 3 PC's with the same username/password right? This means if you set permissions over that user it will affect all PC's. By creating unique logins on each PC, you can then do what you want to do more efficiently. If you create a unique login on PC1, make sure you replicate this acocunt on the other 2 PC's.

Then you can add the user through folder properties - security and allow/deny access to files/folders.

REMEMBER: Deny overrides Allow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-permissions-xp-pro.94081/
Relevancy 29.67%

I ve recently had a data loss problem that I think was caused by a RAID rebuild I m in the process of migrating my RAID mirrored set hardware controlled from two GB SATA drives to two TB SATA drives RAID loss data rebuild! after 1 The drives are single-partitioned with NTFS under Windows XP I ended up disconnecting one of the GB drives RAID 1 data loss after rebuild! in order to prepare the TB drives individually for eventual RAID setup At some point I think that I must have altered some data on the GB drive putting the RAID set out of sync Upon reconnection of the GB drive the original RAID set was not recognized and I rebuilt the set using the RAID BIOS The RAID set appears to be working again but all of the data has been quot rolled back quot to January I ve come to believe that the RAID set has not been working properly since January and only one of the drives has been in use by the system between then and now leaving the data on second drive untouched I think that the drive with my recent data was mirrored back to match the other drive with old data and now my new data is gone I m trying to figure out how to undo the mirroring and or get access to the missing data Can anyone tell me if it s still possible to recover the current files from the drive and if so what recovery system procedure will be the most effective I have a copy of EasyRecovery Pro that was new as of last year will it do the trick or have a I basically done a low level format that s erased the data for good Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:RAID 1 data loss after rebuild!

If you overwrote the data, then there is no way to get it back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-data-loss-after-rebuild.91651/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone, this is my first 'post' anywhere!
My problem is that I've been using USB Headphones and now I can't get any sound from my speakers. The Realtek HD Sound Manager comes up blank, except for the three 'button' icons, speaker,headphone, headphone. All the messages tell me "no audio output device installed" My system is .... Medion Notebook running Vista. Has anyone any suggestions on how I can rectify this.

A:Loss of sound from notebook speakers

Hello and welcome to Techspot,
That message: "no output device installed" could mean that there's no driver installed for the audio device or it has been disabled, either from windows or the BIOS, I'm not familiar with USB headphones but if you were geting sound with those is weird that there's not sound at all from the Laptop speakers, if you were using en external audio device that connects to your headphones maybe that's why, because you were using a thrid party audio card not exactly the one your Laptop has onboard.
First thing I'll suggest is get the most recent drivers for your Laptop, search the web site from the brand of your Laptop an you'll be able to download the mentioned drivers.
Good Luck and if there's anything else I can help you with let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-sound-from-notebook-speakers.91391/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all I have been getting strange error messages lately windows media player not working com surrogate has stopped working lots of these out-of-nowhere messages Then I was watching a movie and the screen froze although i could still move the mouse The mouse finally froze too and my only option was a soft reset with the power button Then in the boot screen i noticed that one of my raid drives was displaying an error Its my OS on those drives you know the story Then when I tried to restart the Loss... a At Motherboard? computer again I could no longer enter bios At a Loss... Motherboard? When I press ctrl at the bios motherboard screen to enter bios it just blacks out and starts over When I don t touch anything it goes on for a bit and finally ends up at no drives detected I did remove the bios button battery once to try to get a clean slate since I had already given up on recovering the OS Did I fry my motherboard trying to fix the drive problem Even with no drives connected I get the same situation I am planning to replace the motherboard but as I m sure you all know trying to replace one part can lead to replacing this and that and so on until I finally have a completely new computer I m a little broke right now and would like to diagnose the problem as accurately as possible so that I don t go chasing a white whale again Sorry forgot my system info OS Vista MB Gigabyte DS- CPU E RAM Gig HDD Seagate gb x Maxtor gb Thanks for your help nbsp

A:At a Loss... Motherboard?

Replacing the motherboard is a good idea

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-a-loss-motherboard.91047/
Relevancy 30.1%

I just built a new system with a XFX nForce 680i LT mobo and 4GB of PNY DDR2 667MHz, but only 2.75 GB of memory shows up in Windows.

I know some loss of memory is to be expected, but losing that much seems excessive. Is anything going wrong or am I just overreacting?

A:Memory Loss?

You are running a 32bit OS. It won't show you 4gigs unless you are running a 64bit OS. I briefly searched for your issue but came up blank, its been asked lots of times before here, I'm sure someone will give you a 'real' explanation soon.

Edit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605
or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888137/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-loss.90916/
Relevancy 26.23%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-latitude-640m.89654/
Relevancy 26.23%

I couln,t find the 24C chip on the Dell XPS M1210 can someone help me so I can use the shorting Method. Help to locate the chip please or anybody knows the password for this laptop XPS M1210
Tag# 7X5GH1-595B

A:ADMIN PASSWORD on Dell XPS M1210

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86309.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-xps-m1210.90205/
Relevancy 29.67%

The above always looses its connection on the internet with the router and dsl AT&T I know I need to set up the DELL VISTA SOFTWARE. Can you tell me what site to go to to configure or why you have to turn off router and turn on agin to get connection? Thanks f

A:windows vista and loss of internet DSL

Sounds like you have a problem with the router or the connection from the router to your ISP. Call them and get it checked. You don't say where you are so this makes it difficult to be helpful. Please add your country and some basic system specs to your profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-and-loss-of-internet-dsl.89903/
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently bought a dell inspiron 6400 N series computer from a fellow soldier who left to return to the states. I was planning on using this computer for movie watching and to save pictures on to send to family. I went to turn it on one day after using it for a week and the computer started up to a screen that asked me for an administrator password. I did not receive this password or do not have knowledge of one that was saved. I cannot use this laptop and I was just starting to enjoy it! This was my way to have some down time away from this place. Can someone try and help me please? I tried to email rustam_ but got no reply. I tried to go to different websites but found no help. Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it.

A:Lost Admin Password in IRAQ help Dell6400 Inspiron

I'm assuming this is a windows password we're talking about here, and that you're running XP. If it is asking you for a BIOS password (black screen, white text), then you're probably screwed, unless there is a BIOS reset jumper within easy reach. If not, have fun opening the entire laptop to find it.

If it gets to windows and wants a password, try this:

grab either active password changer (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Active-Password-Changer.shtml)

or

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

Follow the instructions closely and there's a good chance one of the two will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-password-in-iraq-help-dell6400-inspiron.89021/
Relevancy 30.1%

We have recently been undergoing problems regarding broadband network connections As a file is uploaded to our web site server or an email is being sent with a large attachment mb the network speed will gradually slow and stall as it tries to send the file This can then only be resolved by closing the program and restarting the upload At first we Loss Network Connection assumed the Network Connection Loss router feeding the quot switch quot with the connection needed restarting to boost the connection speed back up and stabilise it This however has not improved our situation We are now Network Connection Loss starting to suffer from interupted phone call connections standard lines where the user will temporarily lose the ability Network Connection Loss to hear the call This can happen numerous times a day on any phone in the building this sounds like there is a problem from a central source that connects all the phones as yet we have not found the culprit With all these problems happening no error messages on either the internet machines or phone system manager are popping up and making themselves known We are dealing with a phantom bug that likes to feed on our network connections HELP nbsp

A:Network Connection Loss

Talk to your ISP as this may be caused by a contention issue. It may also be caused by the BT exchange. Does this happen by chance at specific times of the day?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-loss.88488/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a basic knowlege of networking and have a network
of 4 PCs sharing one internet connection and I have done
the network by myself using 12 port hub.This network not consistently work.
that means if it work one day it will not work the other
day,it work in the morning but not in the afternoon.I tried
to contact local network technitians they cold not solve
the problem.Please help me it drviving me creazy

Description of all PCs:

Compaq deskpro
window XP professional Service Pack 2
Pentium III processor
128Mb of RAM
Accton EN1207D-TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

A:loss of network conectivity

You only described one of the PC's
As you are probably aware, networking successfully, requires rest and relaxation, then slowly thinking everything through.
Stress over the failure is always part of the problem.
Is the network internet connection going through a cable modem or dsl modem? Do you have any older printers on this network?
If printers are part of the network, double check IP addresses and setup.
Then double check computer IP addresses.
Turn on printers first, then oldest computer, then central computer, and the rest.
If still inconsistently connected, disconnect printers and oldest computer.
If still notworking,
Borrow any other router, and connect only computers. Run and test.
Borrow cable/dsl modem.
Do not assume the cable/dsl modem is working properly.
Did this setup once work, or has it always been trouble.

My guess is focused on the computer, if you posted equipment correctly.
Having only 128 MB memory is plenty reason for it not to work. Having WXPP on a Pentium III on a Compaq Deskpro with severely limited memory would give anybody problems.
You need 500 MB or memory on that computer with that operating system, pure and simple.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-network-conectivity.85593/
Relevancy 26.23%

My dell d620 had its bios passwords set while I was away, either my daughter or my son are responsible, funny they both deny touching my laptop!
I bought it from ebay, and dell, well there are dell of course!

If you might be able to find some time to get my password please Thanx so much!

My service tag#6PPCPC1-595B
Express service code#14614931521

A:Dell D620 Admin/sys Password Help

Boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before the Windows screen appears. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, Administrator, and remove the passwords from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-admin-sys-password-help.80925/
Relevancy 29.67%

I bought a couple cases for some new pc's. turns out they labeled them wrong and they are for Micro ATX not standard, ive never used micro before.

So i can send them back or i can just get Micro mobo's instead.

Some1 please give me the Pro's and Con's of having a Micro ATX board over having a Standard ATX board?

I meant to put this in the Mobo forum if a mod could move it for me thanks.

A:Micro ATX Loss of Function? Please Answer.

Micro ATX are ok, if you don't want to cram the case with loads of devices.
Obviously you'd need a micro-atx board,......and smaller hands
If you're running a high end cpu that kicks out heat, think about your cooling solutions as the cases aren't that big, air circulation can be more problematic than a standard ATX tower.
I've built a few Micro's and they'r fine for 1 x hdd, 2 x opticals.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/micro-atx-loss-of-function-please-answer.78887/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey

Whenever I seek (fast forward or rewind) through a downloaded video I maintain visual but lose audio. This happens both in WMP and Realplayer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-audio-after-seeking-through-video.77716/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a BT Voyager 2100 wireless router currently used by a dektop and two laptops at my home address. I have had no connection problems for over 1 year. Yesterday, both laptops were unable to connect to the internet as there was no wireless connection. The main desktop PC is fine. I have tried to reconnect on both laptops but cannot find the BT Voyager network. I have removed all security settings and during the search the laptops find other networks in the area but no trace of BT Voyager. I have reset the router and reconnected the desktop with no problems, found the network straight away. Previous to losing the connection I have not changed any settings. Anby ideas greatfully received.

A:BT Voyager 2100 loss of connection

Hi Timbo and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Which method of finding networks are you using, is it the cards own software or the Windows wireless software.

Also can you tell us the type of network adaptor the laptops have, are they PCMCIA, Bluetooth, or an inbuilt card, You say that you have reset the router, was this a hard reset where all settings go back to default or just a power off type reset, if its the latter then try the former.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bt-voyager-2100-loss-of-connection.77614/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello everyone I have an IDE storage disk GB that i formatted in NTFS a while ago wich runs perfectly But today occured a strange error i ll try to describe it thoroughly I was booting my computer and for some reason the computer didn t found the master SATA disk probably a little mess in the bios so it tried to boot from the storage disk wich of course has no OS on it but instead BUG of file system (NTFS>FAT16) data. Strange Loss of telling me the useual quot no system disk found insert Strange file system BUG (NTFS>FAT16) Loss of data. system disk quot it said quot ntldr is missing quot At that point i didn t noticed my primary disk was not detected by the bios and i simply tought ntldr was corrupt so i did a FIXBOOT command wich went trough don t ask me how Then it said the disk was in fat at the end of fixboot wich finally triggered my Strange file system BUG (NTFS>FAT16) Loss of data. attention and i checked the bios and saw that i was working on the storage drive i know i wasn t especially smart on this one So i fixed the bios problem and booted on the master sata disk without any problem but now my ide storage drive is mb wide empty and in FAT file system ITwas nearly full of data some very valuable and now it s messed up i tried a convert but it wouldn t work Is there a way to fix this and repair the FS The data are still intact i checked with a recovery software but i don t have enough space on my other disks to recover all of it Thanks for your help guys sorry for my messy explanation and my bad english nbsp

A:Strange file system BUG (NTFS>FAT16) Loss of data.

Can you back up your data using DVD's, then reformat the storage drive NTFS once again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-file-system-bug-ntfs-fat16-loss-of-data.75974/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi Rustam

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop off a friend that was moving out of town it was a great deal after a couple of days later i lend it to my brother and he returned it with a message saying "This computer system #2ZJTN91-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password".

Service Tag: 2ZJTN91
Express Code: 6503176693

Can you help?
Thank you.
Ruben

A:Dell Inspiron 1300 admin password problem

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68412.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-admin-password-problem.74199/
Relevancy 23.22%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-canfigure-setup-password-in-bios-remouver.74308/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hai
From what i have noticed is that Mass (30gb) of memory has seemed to vanish over the past week
i only have about 5 games that equal up to about 11-12gb of space
i had about 68gb(a 150Gb MAX Harddrive-i still wonder wtf happend to the other 70gb)
anyidea on getting space back
iv defraged
and done a DiskClean up
so those are out of the question,and im NOT reformating it <.<

A:HardDrive memory loss

Extra recycle bin protection

My experience with this is not completely solved, but it has improved. I believe that my trouble is caused by use of Norton's recycle bin protection. I used this tool to empty its recycle bin. Next I turned it off from protecting all drives. The drive that was in trouble is an external usb drive. Over time it appeared with different drive letters. Norton appeared to track all these drives. Additionally, it seems that system restore was automatically turned on for this drive also. I turned it off for all drives, also.

After performing these tasks, the size being reported was still incorrect. While pondering what next (pehaps 20 minutes), the size was being reported correctly. I frequently used chkdsk /f (from drive properties ! tools) to check my progress. I noticed it changed when I rolled over the icon for the drive. Magic?

Here is the link to Microsoft for their help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315688

Happy Hunting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/harddrive-memory-loss.74022/
Relevancy 26.23%

I bought dell inspiron 6000 2 years ago, and I'm setup the admin bios password. Now i'm forgot the password is. Please show me how to reset the admin bios password.

Thanks all

A:Inspiron 6000 admin password

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-admin-password.72047/
Relevancy 29.24%

Regarding Network Drives (Mapped Drives) and Folder Permissions on a Network Domain.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew of how to set it up to where users had permissions to create folders/files, write, and read access, but dont have permissions to rename folders, move, and/or delete them.

If there was anyway to do this and you knew, I would appreciate any help.

Currently, we are running our network with Windows 2003 Server, and we do not have a group policy setup.

A:Folder Permissions on Network Drives?

nkarunatilaka said:

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew of how to set it up to where users had permissions to create folders/files, write, and read access, but dont have permissions to rename folders, move, and/or delete them.Click to expand...

Unless update-in-place is implemented, a save (after some edit)
is ususally a delete, create, write sequence and this makes it difficult to
avoid rename/move/delete.

Someone with more XP/Pro or servier 2003 experience might have more insight ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-permissions-on-network-drives.71556/
Relevancy 30.1%

I didn t remember to write down my motherboard s model number but it is an intel socket board as well with a ghz P cpu I woke up to find my computer off so I turned it back on When it first booted it just held a blank screen and then rebooted itself After this try BIOS booted and left me with an quot CMOS failure quot error The error was followed by an option to press F to enter setup I made sure that all of the hardware was detected in setup and that the settings were still set for default After that the computer rebooted upon leaving setup During this boot I never saw BIOS attempt to load and I was left with a black boot screen with a flashing underscore character A minute later I would finally get a message stating quot error loading OS quot Every boot after that I get a blue quot intel inside quot logo screen that I have never Bad Loss Mobo / Power CPU? -> seen before in the last two years All of the hardware appears to be intact and there have been no beeping or alarm sounds coming Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU? from the motherboard Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU? speaker quot This forsaken apartment has had Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU? problems power causing lights to flicker slightly and computers to reboot I had been meaning to purchase a UPS within a months time Also I have no idea if it s a possible problem with my PSU from OCZ Though it s sensors on it show that it s putting out proper voltage nbsp

A:Power Loss -> Bad Mobo / CPU?

Eh fluctuating power is never a good thing, motherboards are very sensitive.

You need to start checking the continuity of your parts. Do you have another PSU you can use temporarily?

Does the green power good LED on the motherboard light up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-loss-bad-mobo-cpu.71506/
Relevancy 30.1%

Need some Help Please I have an emachine K etower I need to of video emachine loss in when Dos? use it as a Dos machine only So I placed my Hard drive from my old into the etower Power on and to my amazement it ran and seemed ok The first problem I had was when I tried to run scandisk and defrag Just as scandisk is about to finish the screen goes blank Monitor is a Mag flat panel Time to hit the reset button From a C prompt I typed A enter with a disk in A Computer returned A on the screen I typed Dir and it displayed the contents of the disk ok I typed setup and again I get a emachine loss of video when in Dos? blank screen it sounds like the program is running from the light on drive A and emachine loss of video when in Dos? the sound from my hard drive How fast can I push dos As long as I stay within the dos data base the etower works great Any idea why I am losing the video and and ideas how to solve the problem CPU AMD K - MHz with Dnow w KB Cache Operating System Dos Memory MB SyncDRAM up to MB Hard Drive MB HDD Ultra DMA EIDE Optical Drive x Max CD-ROM Drive Video ATI Rage IIc D AGP with MB SDRAM Audio Crystal CS D Audio Network Modem K ITU V PCI Fax Modem Peripherals PS Keyboard Mouse Stereo Speakers Ports Other USB emachine loss of video when in Dos? Ports is on Front Audio In amp Out Game Port on Front Serial Parallel Expansion Slots Expansion Slots Thanks for your time nbsp

A:emachine loss of video when in Dos?

If you removed the drive from another computer with the DOS already installed it may not have the approprite video configuration for your system. You should always install DOS on the machine your useing it on so it can set up the configuration correctly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-loss-of-video-when-in-dos.67559/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,
I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

Bun

A:Admin rights

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-rights.64936/
Relevancy 30.53%

FPS loss in CS tried everything Off hand I just want you to know that I read all the threads regarding this topic in this forum all ready to no avail On top of that I have tried every tweak I could find I am very familiar with console commands and using cfg files My computer specs are not spectacular see below but have never had problems until recently Also I am running on a CABLE modem with about a Kbyte dl and a Kbyte ul My ping tends to be stable at about - while this is occuring Well here is the problem when I first start a net game everything is running smoothly until after about minutes of play This is when randomly my fps will drop from my normal avg of about - fps down to BELOW This has made it almost unbearable to play as of late evil Things I have tried - Virtually all CS commands graphic client related - HLtoolz on the FPS CS... loss in best FPS pre-set game looks extremely crappy and the same thing occurs FPS loss in CS... - that NVRefreshTool that someone mentioned in another thread that forces the computer to a certain refresh rate during game My FPS loss in CS... max refresh rate is kHz I believe - Disabled Vsync - Newest Drivers - Using DirectX Here are some of the cvars I am currently using FPS Tweaks cl himodels gl keeptjunctions gl clear gl cull gl dither gl lightholes gl palette tex gl spriteblend gl ztrick r detailtextures r detailtexturessupported r mirroralpha r mmx violence ablood violence hblood violence agibs violence hgibs precache fs lazy precache cl dynamiclights cl shadows cl minmodels s a d s eax s reverb voice dsound gl texturemode GL NEAREST MIPMAP NEAREST gl round down gl picmip gl playermip gl max size fastsprites d spriteskip ati npatch ati subdiv cl identiconmode cl particlefx cl weather cd fps cl corpsestay hpk maxsize max wallpuffs max rubble max shells max smokepuffs Ping Tweaks cl nopred cl lw cl lb cl lc cl download ingame cl allowupload voice enable voice modenable rate cl updaterate mp decals cl rate cl cmdrate cl cmdbackup quot quot Any insight into why this is happening or what I can do to fix this would be most greatly appreciated Hopefully there is something that I may have overlooked or have not tried rolleyes Thx Computer Specs Pentium III Mhz MB Ram nVidia TNT model nbsp

A:FPS loss in CS...

First of all I don't play CS but used to play HL.

Try this

fps_max "100.0" {in the config file}
mp_decals "300" try a number lower than this

-heapsize XXXXX
Where XXXXX is, you can place a number, and Half-Life will allocate that much memory (in kilobytes) for use with the game. While many recommend setting this anywhere from 75 to 100% of your system memory, I have generally noticed performance seems much better when Half-Life does its own memory management.
example E:\cs\cs.exe -heapsize 20000

Of course This guide

Lastly, play with no sound to see if frames stay good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-loss-in-cs.12309/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi

I have just purchased a 400Gb HDD, unfortunalty refurbished, which the seller claims was fully tested.
After putting the Hard drive into my computer i noticed that that drive was only reading about 380928Mb which works out at 372Gb. I contacted the seller and he insists that the drive will loose a lof of space when formatted. I know quite a bit about computers and i have never come across a hard drive that looses 28Gb of space from a format. I know Hard drives are never exactly what they say but i thought that this was too much.
In case i am wrong here are the details of the Hard Drive.
SEAGATE 400gb Barracuda 7200rpm....8mb Cache

I would also like to carry out a Sector Test on the Drive. How do i go about this.

Cheers
James Davies
IPEX Computing

A:28Gb Loss on 400Gb Drive from format? Sector Testing?

It's just marketing. The storage device manufacturers sell kilobytes as 1000 bytes, megabytes as 1000000, gigabytes as 10^9. It makes the devices look bigger.

Computers count kilobytes as 1024 bytes, megabytes as 1,048,576 bytes, gigabytes as 1,073,741,824 bytes.

400 * 10^9 / 1,073,741,824 = 372.529 GB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/28gb-loss-on-400gb-drive-from-format-sector-testing.62976/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Hi

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

Regards

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d400-admin-password.59201/
Relevancy 26.23%

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ 192.168.2.1 . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

A:Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or 192.168.2.3 vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-admin-page-on-belkin-router.55043/
Relevancy 29.67%

Been trying to help a m out online but not having any luck I cant remember all his spec he got it last year sometime Its got a p at ghz Socket mb PC RAM Unfortinately cant remember mobo name I can get it though if its neccesary Anyways he currently has mb PC DDR ram and was wanting to upgrade So he bought a stick of PC Ram Note the motherboard only has ram slots so we figured compatibility wouldnt be a issue becuase ive personally ran a Connection of Causes RAM Ethernet upgrade loss simliar setup before When he puts the RAM in it boots up fine and boots into RAM upgrade Causes loss of Ethernet Connection windows But for some reason he cannot get a connection to his router when he puts the new stick in The RAM registers as and it runs ok but no matter what he does it wont connect to the RAM upgrade Causes loss of Ethernet Connection Router Network connections just says that the Ethernet connection it is disconnected But when he takes that stick out its fine when its the stick on its own again He also tried the stick on its own but that didnt work either Ive tried everything i can think of that i can instruct online cant get to his home to have a look myself I thought mybye perhaps the motherboard isnt updated as he hasnt updated it since he got it enough to handle the RAM appropriately And mybye getting a pc mb stick might do the job because i dont wanna instruct how to flash incase something goes wrong cause thats happened before What do you guys think Also the router is a Belkin he did try to connect straight to the modem but that didnt work either I THINK the network card is onboard but i cant be certain ill find out if neccesary Also its Windows XP nbsp

A:RAM upgrade Causes loss of Ethernet Connection

I don't see how the RAM would interfere with Ethernet, but you should make sure the ram clock speeds match. You're running a 2700 and 3200 speed ram, which means the 512MB RAM is being underclocked to 2700.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-upgrade-causes-loss-of-ethernet-connection.53853/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I have had the comcast high speed internet and the same linksys BEFSR router for several years now with no problems but recently i have had some connection issues Browsing the net is fine occasional hickups but when it comes to things such as online games ventrillo online voice chat and downloading large files im having problems What is happening is on all the things i do and Getting packet apps several loss, connection in problems the Getting packet loss, and connection problems in several apps connection does not drop right away instead it kinda pauses and when i try to do an action such as activate microphone to chat or open up a list of info in a game i lose connection Downloads just seem to pause after a few minutes the same goes for autopatchers in games and other software like virus definitions I have no idea where to start but i did run pingplotter for runs on several servers inluding the game IP s that im losing connection and im getting packet loss on my personal IP jumps and up i read that anything above is most likely a problem Here is the photo of pingplotter HERE its a test of only a single IP but no matter what IP i run it on i get over packet loss on the first two jumps which im guessing have something to do with my end I also ran it on both of my two pc s and both have very simelar results I also reset both the modem and router I have tried different networking cables and have tried static nonstatic ips with no luck Anykind of suggestions to solve this problem would be greatful i do not want to call comcast until i have as much info as i can Thank you very much for your time nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-packet-loss-and-connection-problems-in-several-apps.52561/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an older HP900 laptop which is a nice size to take in our motor home. However, it overheats after running for about 15 minutes. I understand there is a bios update that turns the cooling fan on sooner but I can't get into the bios because of password protection. Any ideas on how to crack the password or any pins to short to reset it?

The laptop will run fine if I rais it off the table and have a fan blowing on it from behind. Cooling fan in laptop runs, but it only comes on shortly before a shutdown if I am not running an additional fan blowing under it.

thanks for any ideas or help

Woodie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp900-laptop-overheating-and-admin-bios-password.48397/
Relevancy 27.09%

is there a way to find out the admins password on a network.

A:admin password

Yes. Ask the admin using e-mail for example

No one will be able to give a sensible answer to such a vague question.

And no, no one is going to tell you how to steal peoples passwords and do other illegal or unethical stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.47944/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok firstly I should mention that one solution to this problem would be to plug the HD into my machine and use fsutil to reset the dirty flag However and pwd set unbootable to No dirty Need xp - flag admin I m a stubborn person and know that there must be a way of doing this easily without taking my machine to bits If I do it in what is for this occasion the hard way I will be able to save a little time in the future should the situation arise again I ve been asked to fix an unbootable computer I had intended to boot into the recovery console to issue chkdsk r fixboot and fixmbr commands Unfortunately I the admin password for the installation isn t available it s been forgotten rolleyes and so I can t log into it I used the offline NT password amp registry editor utility but because the drive is flagged dirty improper shutdown no doubt It won t change or blank the password So I got out my trusty NTFS DOS CD and booted into DOS taking a copy of FSUTIL with me which as expected doesn t work under DOS Hoping that the password was something simple ish I grabbed a copy of the SAM and Systemf files from system config and tried cracking the administrator password It seems that the password is at least characters and so will take an age to crack This leaves me with the option of resetting the dirty bit on the volume so that I can reset the admin password to blank boot into the recovery console and repair windows but I see no fsutil equivelant for DOS probably because NTFS was never meant Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable for DOS lol It occurs to me though that there must be some utility or other that ll do it or failing that various linux flavours Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable have NTFS support and should be able to do it - or possibly some sort of live recovery cd for windows Any ideas anybody All this for the sake of a single BIT of info on the hard drive A simple or It s outrageous lol nbsp Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

A:Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Auditor Security cd from remote-exploit.org is what you need my friend very handy for cracking admin passwords. just boot to it and you are gold. don't know if you are familiar with this collection cd and if not they have the instruction pdf on the site for download as well. it will crack a 8 letter and asterick password in probably ten to twenty minutes..my admin pass is 15 unprintables and asterick characters and it cracked it with the incremental option on the sam file. took alot longer than it should for your current issue..just an idea mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-set-dirty-flag-no-admin-pwd-and-xp-unbootable.47274/
Relevancy 30.1%

Have been using a minitar wireless 80211b for some time and have upgraded to a freenet Antennas 80211g unit, the network works fine but all the workgroup connectivity dissapears. "Access to the resorce is not permitted" contact the system adminitrator. have tried reinstalling the workgroup on all machines but to no avail. Using a wired network fixes the problem as does reverting to the minitat 80211b unit. Any Ideas? :

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loss-of-workgroup-connectivity.46294/
Relevancy 30.1%

can anyone help I have a medion pc on the c drive there is around gig and usually with all my installed stuff and also my p p torrent stuff it averages between - gig spare then i installed Roxio media suite and tried to do a dvd burn of some P nk moovies for my daughter and with loss problems me help please HD it hung on then i closed it as it obviously wasnt going anywhere fast or slow i tried this three times with no luck anyway i then noticed the hard disc space was down to then so i decided to take it back to before i installed it on the system restore point but the hard drive is still showing only gig i have searched everywhere on the pc i can think of IE temp files etc to see where the rest of the gig has gone nothing esle has been up or dloaded since this problem occurred i can only presume the files written to the dvd were stored on the hd somewhere but have no idea if this is the case and where i am sure it has something to do with the burning of the dvds as each time i tried to burn the disc the amount of hard disc space decreased about the same amount where will it be can i get it back please help iam tearing my hair out nbsp

A:please help with me HD loss problems

Install Sequoia View and look at the pretty pictures to see where your disk space is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-with-me-hd-loss-problems.44763/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a Linksys WRT54G Router, I've had it for about 8 months, have been using the wireless on it for about 3 or 4 months. Up until this weekend I'd have anywhere from 70-100% signal strength. The laptop is about 30 feet away from the router and the signal goes through 1 wall. This weekend I notice I'm consistently below 50% signal strength. Nothing has changed as far as location.

So today I move the router a bit closer, now probably 20 feet away and still through 1 wall, and the problem still exists. I drop down to 20% signal strenth pretty often. Is something going wrong with the router, or is this an issue with the NIC in the laptop? The laptop is a Powerbook with built in Airport card.

Additional info: I just walked into the room with the router with the laptop and held it right up to the router. Still didn't get signal above 50%.

A:Linksys WRT54G Wireless Signal Strength Loss

Update: I called Apple about this and the guy says Airport cards (and I imagine all other wireless NICs) either work or they don't, there is no degredation in accepted signal strength.

Just to confirm this to myself I brought the laptop up to a place in town where there is free wireless. I am getting full signal strength here, so it appears the problem is with my router and or some interference that didn't exist prior to this past weekend. I didn't get any new products that would use the 2.4Ghz spectrum, but perhaps one of my neighbors did (I live in an apartment).

Any words of advice before I get pissed off enough to go buy a different router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wrt54g-wireless-signal-strength-loss.43192/