Windows Support Forum

Fault Bucket

Q: Fault Bucket

Does anyone know what these mean:
0x1a_3452_nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+2fb,type0 (This has occurred on my computer 13 times from January until today 11/3/2012)
PAGE_NOT_ZERO,type 0
ZEROED_STACK, type 0
0x24_Ntfs!NtfsFreeSnapshots ForFeb+c0, type 0

And there are MANY, MANY more. I didn't know about looking at the events to see the errors that I had sent. I just found out about that today. And so, we haven't done it in a while. Do I have a serious problem?
Thank you for any help!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298592-fault-bucket.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fault Bucket

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I'm David, and I am having problems with packet loss. I usually use internet to watch videos, play some games and what not, but recently I started experiencing lags. I googled it up, and then tried to see if my pc had packet loss (pinged google.com -t). I had a 6% packet loss. Then I tried it on my other pc (it is connected to the same router and is half a meter away from other one). It had 0% packed loss. Then I remembered that recently I downloaded some programs and stuff on the pc with the packet loss. Could it be the cause of my packet loss? Thank you to all who at least read my delema.

A:Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

What Router brand and model are you using?
Are you connected wired or wireless?
Are you connected 100mbps or 1.0 Gbps.
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router lately?
Also have you upgraded the drivers on the PCs network cards?
Have you ever power cycled the power on the router or modem?
Any switches connected to the router? If so, try a different port.
Have you tried a different port on the router?

Packet loss in a router means the router started degrading on the ports side.
Device could be overheating or just have duff ports (bad)
In your case you can also.

1. Backup config settings in the Router
2. Do a Factory Reset will wipe all prior settings out
3. Restore Backup config settings in the Router

If all was tried you should consider replacing the router only as option though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packed-loss-could-it-be-a-programs-fault.194386/
Relevancy 29.24%

There is a laptop I want to purchase which is described to have an "intermittent graphics fault" where the screen turns green.
I have read that this is definitely a hardware error, some pointing out the video cable as being loose.
I was wondering if you guys are familiar with this problem and what is required to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop screen turns green; intermittent graphics fault

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Can you link us to this laptop or give us more details about this unit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-turns-green-intermittent-graphics-fault.170726/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 30.53%

I went to turn on my Asus P Q-E and got the following It started up but no single beep or BIOS screen Then it turned off for about Please Direction MB Me Fault Help! 0n In Point Right The seconds then it starts back up but no BIOS screen or beep just power to fans etc I have tried clearing the CMOS swapping out memory PSU other known good one does the same Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault thing with the board RAM I know it s good Video Card Is this symptomatic of a bad CPU Or is this my worst fear - I put the video card from this system into my test bed system which has a slightly different board and now it won t even boot although the original board Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault s lights and the test bed system board lights fire up just fine and I can even do power I O and reset from the board I was literally using this system an hour ago shut it down came back to this Could the card have shorted out and is now cooking every board I try it on Have I just trashed perfectly good boards out over Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault a video card Or could it be a bad CPU That is the only part I have not swapped out yet since I wanted to do that last Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault

I've had similar problem once with my existing Intel DP35DP board but with my older CPU i.e. C2D E6600 (Conroe), however after spending hours after hours it turned out that the culprit was CPU; and i only needed to clean it (carbon) and when i put it back in and powered the system ... everything worked perfectly well. It doesn't mean its the same for you; perhaps something is shorting out; I don't think your video card should kill boards as you suspect. It could be something minor like in my case.

By the way, funny thing was I had already ordered a new motherboard (suspecting this one is dead) when i thought of checking on the CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-point-me-in-the-right-direction-0n-mb-fault.141570/
Relevancy 29.24%

i am getting a pxe-e61:media test failure check cable fault on my hp nx9005 laptop.
i have removed the hdd from the laptop and installed it in my pc as slave using a 2.5 - 3.5 adaptor with psu. it registers in the bios but not in windows. if i then disconnect the main pc hard drive and set the laptop hdd as master and try and install windows xp using the xp cd it states no hdd present

from this i would take it as the hard drive is damaged/dead

any advice welcome, thanks

A:HP nx9005 pxe-e61: Media test failure check cable fault

So you have placed the laptop Hard Drive in place of your Desktop CD/DVD Drive? (as is what I usually do)
And your Windows version cannot see it in My Computer?

With the 2,5" Drive in place of the removed CD/DVD Drive (on its own IDE Cable)
And with the current Desktop system drive still connected (also on its own IDE Cable)

Go to start > Run > diskmgmt.msc > ok
Can you now see your drive?

If so, confirm the Volume type is Healthy and running NTFS (just like your main drive?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nx9005-pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable-fault.138216/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 29.67%

This first started out as a problem installing some of the larger programs such has Adobe CS and Microsoft Office I had a seperate thread on that located here Memory at Fault? Sticks or Mobo failed, Memtest http www techspot com vb topic html After a lot of troubleshooting I believe that my problem exists in the RAM I ran the memtest for both sticks of ram individually and they both failed The first stick will cause my computer to reboot in the middle of the test The other stick I will get a message that says unexpected interrupt Memtest failed, Mobo or Memory Sticks at Fault? halting CPU So here s my question Is the memory sticks at fault or my mobo I want to go ahead and ask for advice so I know if I should buy new RAM or get my mobo replaced These are my specs for my computer AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor GHz GIgabyte GA-MA -UD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition V SP Corsair Dual Channel TWINX MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB Can someone confirm that I m using the right memory It s not listed on the Gigabyte s website as one of their supported ones but it also says that many are not listed Any help on this would be great I ve tried testing the memory on other slots with same results and tried cleaning it with an eraser Thanks nbsp

A:Memtest failed, Mobo or Memory Sticks at Fault?

Your board specs say PC2 9600 or DDR2 1200 memory, like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227347

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest-failed-mobo-or-memory-sticks-at-fault.124260/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi all annoying little problem i had a virus called iamfamous dll 1300 Fault Battery Inspiron Meter which i have removed but now Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault my system is working fine or at least i thought i noticed my Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault battery meter is missing from the tray next to the time and date ive googled this a million times every says untick the box in power options to always show then retick ive tried this about times lol next trick was to install dell quickset which still didnt show me how much battery i have left the battery status on dell quickset is greyed out and on my inspiron the fn f to bring up battery meter doesnt work any with a similar problem or someone who has a solution for me please help some screenshots are attached also no more warnings are popping up about critically low battery and so sometimes when power cable is loose laptop will just power down not knowing much about computers but id say mayb theres an error from the pc communicating with windows as its running from battery but wont display info about battery and im on XP professional sorry about the format jpeg was taking ages to upload nbsp

A:Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault

Try doing a Dell restore of the OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1300-battery-meter-fault.123939/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, I just pressed the power button on my laptop and the power light came on as well as the battery light and then went off after a second, so I pressed the power button again and it did the same no matter how many times I did it or no matter how long I did it, so I took the battery out of the laptop and blew the pins, left it out for 3 mins and put it back in, and then it worked fine, im using it now, but is there anything that may be causing this.
it is the first time it has happened but I thought if it is gonna be a problem I might as well as get ahead of it.
So does anyone know what is causing this or will it just be dust on the battery

A:Power On Fault

so tell us exact laptop model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-on-fault.118390/
Relevancy 30.1%

Yes I have Area Nonpaged Fault BSOD-Page in fallen victim to the infamous alias doesn t really tell you anything code stop error To set up my current state of frustration here s my story A few weeks ago my rig began randomly blue screening and hanging no real rhyme or reason just bam blue screen or hang I began the usual diagnostics restored to previous states ensured current drivers etc ultimately to discover one of my RAM sticks as bad Memtest I replaced both sticks with a different set formatted re-installed the OS long story got the system back to operation Up until today all was good my rig was seemingly running as strong as when I built it Then bam BSOD code with the ambiguous error statement other than codes that I have not been able BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to find definitive explanation for At this point however I have noticed that the first and subsequent BSs I have gotten are only during video or D applications pretty easy at this point to suspect one of the video cards But before I spend yet another week tearing into my box after I spent what little spare time I ve had in the last two weeks putting it back together I thought I d ask if there is anyone who can clarify the error codes for me or point me in the direction of clarifying them myself googling turned up zip The code STOP x xBAC F x xBAC F x My rig relevent specs Mobo XFX i nVidia chipset most current BIOS CPU BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area E stock voltage and clock GHz RAM Gig - gig dual channel kit OCZ Reaper DDR PSU Corsair TX amp single v rail GPU XFX GTs in SLI drivers OS Windows Xp Pro bit SP all current updates Onboard audio used current drivers - DVD RW drives SATA HDDs totaling Gig all nicely fitting in a well circulating Cooler Master Centurion My guess at the code would be since there are two BAC errors with one followed by an IRQ error that maybe one card is bad Takin a wild shot there but like I said my searches up to this point have been fruitless Any help would be much appreciated TBolt Edit Forgot to mention that following a BS I reboot into Windows normally fine and can BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area stay there for relatively long periods of time so long as I don t do anything too demanding or requiring heavy use of video d sniff video card or driver sniff I ll attach a dump file or two once I figure out how Edit Ah ha here we go attachments nbsp

A:BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Minidumps are most commonly placed in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

You can upload your dumps, as is, with your posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.110557/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm trying to fix a Toshiba M30 for a friend.. he he

I have looked around a bit and cant really find anything similar to this problem. It has a kinda mixed up mish mash on the display but you can just about see some stuff to navigate around a little

I have reseated the display plugs at both ends with no joy. I dont have another monitor to try but as soon as I have access to one, I will. If anyone has a sec to see what you think..

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/surfersaiyan/080721_111316.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/surfersaiyan/080721_111340.jpg

cheers, surfersaiyan.
OS that you can see is backtrack.

A:Toshiba M30 display fault

The Toshiba has a history of trouble with the inverter. Available on eBay for about $20,,, 18 screws later, it will probably work just fine... Retest in SAFE MODE to see if you get any faint images in low resolution on the screen... or connect another monitor to the port in back. If no monitor there, it may be the system board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-m30-display-fault.108936/
Relevancy 29.67%

Good morning So I am receiving the above error debuglog txt is attached But I d like to give some background - I searched the forums and saw many similar problems but just not quite the same I have a Toshiba Fault Page in Blue Area Screen Nonpaged - M -S about - years old running Windows XP S Over the years I ve upgraded Blue Screen - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area the memory several times first from factory Blue Screen - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area mb to mb - just had to add second stick for this then recently from to - the max this laptop can handle required replacing both sticks Prior to purchasing the memory I searched several sites to ensure compatibility I also had a tech at the store verify I ve learned the hard way evil So - supposedly this memory works with my system It was recognized upon install and no problem - surfed the Net all day played my online MMORPG etc no crashes - until I put my laptop into hibernate Trying to come out it said it didn t have enough memory to complete API uhh huh So the next night I just put it to sleep not hibernate - this time I got the error above I ve tested the RAM both pieces together and individually in different slots - multiple times - they are fine apparently I ve even put them into my husband s laptop and fooled around - no problems And as I said this only happens when coming out of Sleep or Hibernate It is not triggered by playing graphic-intensive games I can run the internet games and music apps all at one time without setting off the fan I ve played and played to try to get to the root of this evil My next step thoughts are - change the virtual memory allocation it is way under the recommended and dare I say it resort to one of those registry cleaning apps Could that really be the problem Please help nbsp

A:Blue Screen - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

you could have registry issues. more than likely it is power management issues.

but try CCleaner. works great anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.97195/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello first of all nonpaged Page in area 0x00000050 fault sorry for my bad english But i hope someone will understand me and will try to help because im out of ideas So there is how it started I ve Bought Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050 a new PC recently everything only one thing Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050 witch i have old is my hard disk drive with old windows xp installed So i started it installed all drivers and i Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050 was playing a game i dont exactly remember how long but i think it was hours of playing and my pc restarted without any blue screen-of death after that everything was cool and next day it happened again few times so i disabled autorestart function in windows and next time it crashed today it showed me this error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP X So i tried to search on internet what it cold be and ive found here topic with the same problem and maked dump files same as this guy did and i hope that someone will help Any ideas Thanks Avenger nbsp

A:Page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050

Try reformatting your hard drive and installing a fresh copy of XP on it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-0x00000050.103294/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I decided to reformate my HD from 0 Because of bluescreen errors, I have a P4VM800 Board with 512MB DDR 333 ram and a P4 1.7 CPU, the thing is that when I try to install XP SP 2 with a new reformatted HD the installer is giving me a bluescreen.

The reasin to reinstall were to get rid of the bluescreen.
I was getting random restars and windowws has recovered from a serious error messages... but after a day I could not make the computer start without a blue screen.

I have changed the memory module for a new one and have removed the wireless card and modem so the only thing conected to the board are the CPU and HD and CDRom. CPU Fan is clean and working perfect.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Julio.

A:Blue Screen Page Fault in non Paged Area Installing from 0

it seems I am a bit lost about where exactly is the cache memory in the Bios Config...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-installing-from-0.101389/
Relevancy 29.24%

hello everyone uh hey i m kinda msgs, in IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Page and BSOD non-paged area, fault help! plz new to techspot um yeah i realize u guys must see IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help! these error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help! messages all day and i m sorry for being repetitive but i m really stuck and i really need ur help i m not really that good with computers and their related problems so plz i really need some advice cool basically i bought a new computer on the st of december its basically meant for work but i did get a nice graphics card cuz i thought i d treat myself to able to play some awesome games out now my specs AMD Athlon X dual Core processor Ghz Ghz of Ram Geforce GT Graphics card Winfast motherboard GXM MA-RS windows xp pro with SP Latest Directx c basically i ve had non stop problems with it the computer basically gives me at least blue screens of death or freezes at least twice a day and all of the blue screen stop errors have been IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or Page fault in non-paged area errors these errors mostly occur while i m playing games but often occur while randomly on the internet or arbing around windows my brother told me about this site and said i should attach minidumps which i ve done but i had to choose from so i chose one from the th of december the th and one from tonight the th cuz i ve installed different things at different times i did take the computer back to the place i bought it from and the guy pretty much said it has to be the geforce drivers processor drivers or the memory so i got the latest geforce drivers windows updates motherboard drivers lastest direct x c and latest game drivers everything and didn t solve anything infact i thought that the latest video drivers might have made things worse so i went back and the guy ran a video conpatibility application dMark i think to test every aspect of the computer memory cpu and the graphics card and it completly ran through without any problems without crashing or anything infact it totally killed it so the guy said it must be the games i ve been running and it can t be the computer but i ve tried tons of different appz and games and they all do this he had no idea how to fix it also often when the machine gets a blue screen i restart it and it usually crashes again as soon as it gets back into windows once and sometime twice before windows srtas up properly again Error Info on one of the occasions before i took it back i wrote down the stop error info PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA techinfo STOP x XFFFFFFFF X XB DEE CD X avg core sys - Address B DEE CD base at B D D Data Stamp CFC B the problem files are often different too the most recent problem file i got was usbehci sys i have absolutly no idea what to do um after readin though a few threads i read alot about disabling memory caching or hyperthreading and also extending page limits which i didn t undertsnad so i restarted the computer and had a look through the bios but i dont really know what one s to enable disable i thought about having a bash but i thought i didn t really want to mess my computer up any further without knowing exactly which option to change any light on this would be much appreciated aswell as possible the power unit not being adequate for the system i have no idea what power unit i have is there way to find out in windows one stange thing i thought was that i ve run a few different games like half life and ES oblivion and the most problems i vc had is is that it freezes for like seconds and then continues but with a game like company of heroes i can t even make it thourgh the training part withjout it crashing aswell as cold fear which also gives blue screens i dont undertsnad how games like oblivion which are really cpu and graphics intensive give less problems than a game like company of heroes which isn t as intensive just a thought i guess i ve just finished ... Read more

A:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help!

usually that error is a conflict between windows and the display drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293

drivers can be difficult to remove sometimes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irql_not_less_or_equal-and-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-bsod-msgs-plz-help.97069/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi everyone this Hardware My Fault A PC Help On Need Diagnosing is my first post on techspot so be nice My problem is that i started my pc up earlier today and i was prompted with a bios screen asking if i wanted to boot windows normally safe mode or from last known good configuration I chose last known good configuration My pc then restarted and nothing displayed on the monitor so i turned it off and back on and nothing displayed again Anyways im at the point where no matter how many times i try the display will not show The pc sounds as though it starts up but wont load the bios screen I have tried motherboards switching over all the components thinking it was a faulty motherboard eventhough it had worked the previous day I get Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC the exact same problem with this motherboard too I have Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC disconnected all the drives and i still get the same problem My PSU Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC is an antec w which is only several weeks old so i wouldnt say it was a problem with it not supplying enough power to the motherboard The motherboard does not beep at all either So i have no way of finding out whats wrong with it I have left it unpowered and removed the bios battery several times but no change Also my dvd rom will not open whilst connected to either motherboard it will only open when i remove the IDE cable and run it only with power The computer doesnt even show anything with the dvd drive disconnected either I have also tried reinstalling the ram but if it was the ram then the motherboard would beep right My only guess is that it could be the cpu but the fan powers up and there is no bleeps from the motherboard indicating this I would really appreciate any help that you can give And before you ask all the cables have been connected properly Specs are amd dual core skt ASUS a v-nm and the SE motherboard was the original one gb mhz kingston ram gb SATA seagate HDD Empire DVD Writer Geforce gt Antec w PSU Thanks for reading this by the way and thanks in advance to all the replies Its really frustrating lol Ryan nbsp

A:Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC

It looks to me that you have done a very thorough job of fault diagnosis and i agree with your conclusion that the fault could well be with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-diagnosing-a-hardware-fault-on-my-pc.89046/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey, my brothers computer has recently been getting the BSOD with the page error. I did numerous things to attempt to fix the problem (reinstalled windows, updated bios, cleaned out all the dust inside..) and nothing has worked so far.

I have run memtest and it did find errors and i did check the temperatures and it shows the cpu is running hot (even though theres 3 fans inside the computer). I figured I'd check here with the minidump to see if its something you can def find or its the hardware.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xbad0b148, 0x00000000, 0x8057e489, 0x00000000).

between the blue screen of death on his computer and the red rings of death on my 360, im hating microsoft right now. any help is appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death - Page Fault In Non Paged Area

hey there... Try this.... if u have more than one chip of RAM, take one out and allow the pc to run on the remaining chip/s. Do this for all the chips. One or more of your chips might be faulty.

Also check your PSU to see if its not damaged or just gettin old. PSU's tend to lose power output over time and this might be causing your cpu to run hot. Alternatively put a fan of some sort on top or to the side of your OPEN case. This might help cool down the cpu. lol, this is an old but effective method of prolonging PSU death.

if that doesn't work, check your motherboard....it might be damged

let me know how it goes

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.88267/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a client computer that got the page fault in nonpaged area error. I tried everything, including booting to WinXP CD, safe mode, even my ERD Commander disk. Changed the memory, disconnected all PCI, AGP and IDE devices. Nothing could boot this computer! So i told the poor guy - it's gotta be the motherboard. It's a shuttle mini PC so I told him basically you're looking at $300 or so including labor to fix, so just get a $400 new Dell PC.

So he got the new PC today and I took the old HD out to recover data. Put it into my external drive caddy, connect it to the new PC, and what happens? Invalid page fault crash! Plugged it into a laptop, invalid page fault!

So! The drive clearly is the problem. Anyone have a suggestion about how to get their data off the drive? It's pretty important stuff.

Thanks!

Cameron

A:Page fault in nonpaged area, hard drive is the cause, now what?

If you can't connect it to any system without getting fatal errors, I'm afraid the drive and it's data is toast. You might be able to change the hard drives circuit boards and get the drive to run. You would have to find a drive just like the one you have... This is probably an electrical problem and not a mechanical failure. What make is the drive? Most hard drive failures are mechanical

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-hard-drive-is-the-cause-now-what.86719/
Relevancy 30.1%

Recently I ve bought myself a new machine with a pair of Seagate Barracuda s the exact noting is Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS SATA-II MB Cache - OEM I booted it up made a RAID array and installed Vista everything worked perfectly fine However I was advised to now partition off gb specifically for Vista in case I need to or want to format the OS at a later date while keeping all of my data So to do this I deleted the Raid array Straight from the BIOS After this I cannot succeed in getting Vista to boot with or without the Raid - it simply loads up and where it would come to the desktop it crashes out with a split-second Blue Screen of Death installation crashing Vista - at and HDD's RAID after fault? and restarts I ve tried many things and am currently running SeaTools to see if the hard drives have been scuppered by my ill-advised Vista crashing after installation - RAID and HDD's at fault? deletion of the Raid array while Windows was still on it Currently SeaTools is returning nothing but LBA s- not sure what that quite means if anyone could clarify that d be great If there s anything I can do to save my pair of hard drives or if there s any advice anyone can give me as to RAID arrays and Windows Vista then I d be glad to have it- other than that confirmation of my suspicions would be lovely Thanks for your time John EDIT SeaTools has PASSED one hard drive with maximum LBA s after a Long Test - if this helps any to understand better what s going on EDIT No bad sectors found on either hard drive- I m going to try a low-level format from SeaTools to see if that makes any difference SOLUTION FOUND Problem was driver-related The drivers given to me by the company s website did not match my motherboard s drivers a Gigabyte P C range which was causing the crash as I had to load the drivers in the middle of Vista to find the RAID array Even without any RAID array it was still having problems I found the specific driver and successfully installed nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-crashing-after-installation-raid-and-hdds-at-fault.84659/
Relevancy 30.1%

Greetings My first post here I ve been reading about some other people having m-audio problems and was curious if anyone shares my view on this problem I 1010LT fault + at problems, here? Delta crackles is who IRQ have a Dell Dimension Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Processor Speed GHz Memory RAM MB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Operating System Version The card has massive digital glitching happening whenever Delta 1010LT crackles + IRQ problems, who is at fault here? i try Delta 1010LT crackles + IRQ problems, who is at fault here? to record anything I have switched it between PCI slots and reinstalled the driver Delta 1010LT crackles + IRQ problems, who is at fault here? x times Also reinstalled windows But the card always ends up sharing IRQ s I have the APCI motherboard sigh M-Audio states on their site that the card is compatible with Windows XP but according to Windows XP modern PCI based systems PCI devices and PCI device drivers if in compliance with the PCI specifications are designed to share IRQs Windows itself assumes that they can share IRQs and thus makes no attempt to resolve IRQ sharing conflicts M-Audio insists their card has to have its OWN IRQ and it s not their problem that the OS is doing this I am at the end of my rope here becasue they are insisting that everyone is extremely happy with their M-Audio products and that their products work with XP but if they say that their product works with XP and XP assumes their device can share IRQS and m-audio product doesn t want to share an IRQ aren t they misleading consumers nbsp

A:Delta 1010LT crackles + IRQ problems, who is at fault here?

Sharing IRQ's is standard or default, but you can edit IRQ's to suit... it is risky, as changing IRQ's can change other installs. Read up on the process using a search engine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delta-1010lt-crackles-irq-problems-who-is-at-fault-here.81823/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi All,
I have an Asus P4P800S-X, with an intel chip that has suddenly gone dead.
With no monitor on power up and no reset other than pulling the plug and cold booting.

Was working ok up until a week ago when drives started disappearing.
How do I tell if it's the MB or the CPU thats playing up?

Many Thanks
minnie

A:CPU or MB fault, which one?

Psu

If things started dissaPEARING IT MIGHT BE THE psu, As it starts burning out, it starts losing the ability to deliver the voltage to the drives. I would start by smelling it. I could be wrong but it sounds like that may be the problem!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-mb-fault-which-one.81230/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey Folks,

I get the good old blue screen when running a video editing software STUDIO 10.7

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA

I have a nice new Dell Inspiron 6400 with dual Intel T2050 1.60GHz CPUs, 1GB of RAM. I not sure on how to post the message but I try somehow.

Can someone please help me with this???

I thank you all in advance. *dmp file is attached*

Adrian

A:Blue Page: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes at HSFHWAZL.sys. This is your 56k modem driver.

If you don`t use a 56k modem, uninstall it. If you do use it, check for any updated drivers. See HERE for info.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-page-page-fault-in-nonpage-area.68831/
Relevancy 30.53%

My computer has begun to restart itself every time I turn it on. Sometimes it waits until I get into windows and sometimes its while its booting up. Does any one have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem? Thanks!

A:Restarting computer, not fault of XP?

Hi

Faulty OS,
Faulty PSU
Faulty Board.

Check the board capacitors for any that look bubbled on the top and rusty marks on them, sure sign they are failing.

Swap out the PSU.

Press F8 after the PC Post screen and before the XP logo and from the menu choose safemode and see if it restarts in that. If it doesn't its definately an OS fault, if it does refer to above.

Remove all devices apart from one stick of memory and the VGA card and the bootable drive, now see if it does it, if it doesnt then one of the items removed may be responsible, if it does refer to above

Just some suggestions...

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-computer-not-fault-of-xp.65759/
Relevancy 30.53%

I m trying to run Sid Meier s Pirates Just got a GeForce OC MB PCI for my Dimension desktop GHz Pentium MB RAM Card seems to have installed fine but the game freezes within the first minute of being opened Usually Windows then reports that v card's or fault? game's disp dll got trapped in an infinite loop although sometimes the game crashes even earlier than that Un- and reinstalled card's or game's fault? game Un- and reinstalled card drivers Got updated drivers from nvidia -- I looked for which I saw recommended in another thread here but I couldn t find it so I just took the newest stuff How can I start trying to track down what the problem is Are there other graphics-intensive things other than games that would provide an adequate challenge Pirates ran better on the old card an Intel integrated thing that came with the computer but by quot better quot all I mean is that it tended to last longer before crashing nbsp

A:card's or game's fault?

It could be related to a number of things, such as heat, power loss, too many system resources being used, other system parts bottlenecking or the game being too high a setting or a combination of them.

To check if its PSU/Temp problem:
Since you got a new vid card, generaly, thats going to eat much more power out of the PSU than the integrated. And seeing as you got a prebuilt machine, guesses are you got a cheap PSU with it, or one that no longer meets your requirements. We'll deal with the Heat issue first:
-does your pc feel hot?
-does your fans sound like they're spinning faster than they should?
-have you cleaned out the dust in it with a can/source of compressed air recently?
If you haven't cleaned it out, then do so, but anyways, download Everest Home or Speedfan, and post the temps here. All of them. Be sure to include a reading of when the pc is idle and when you play say, 5 minutes into the game.

Power:
3 things you need to check, and post here: the PSU (open the pc case up, and there should be an info sticker on the side, post everything - rails, amps, watts, model, brand)
-then check using a calculator such as this and input your system specs into it, to determine your minimum power needs, then add 30-50watts ontop of that for headroom.
-If you have trouble completeing that last step, or you dont have a clue whats there to fill in blanks, then you can use Everest Home to help you.
-In everest or speedfan, post us the voltages as well, and likewise post results while idle and while runing something intensive for a few minutes.
The ram is advisable to be increased (to 1GB if possible) but from what you said these two (psu and/or heat) are probably the most likely things, so we'll start from there, and work our way down the list. Oh yeh, some indication on what your pc is like would be nice, such as system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cards-or-games-fault.55185/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone i stumble acroos this great site today my computer has started some weird crashes recently. whenever i lclick on I.E. Explorer & few other programs. i 've attached my mini-dump file i hope someone here can help me out
thx.

A:weird blue screen of death (page fault in nonpaged area)

I havent read the minidump but a page fault in nonpage area is almost always related to your pagefile.sys or your ram.
You can delete your pagefile and reboot and windows will make a new one.
And you can download for free and run memtest86 to test your ram, you have to do it one stick at a time.

To see pagefile.sys you need to have Folder Options | View set to ?Show Hidden and System files?, and not to ?Hide Protected mode System files?.
for your pagefile see here:
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

Here is more info:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=page+fault+in+non+paged+area&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-blue-screen-of-death-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.53295/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,
I've been getting the blue screen of death with the Page fault in non paged area error. I've read where this can be related to bad memory, but I've replaced my memory recently and the new memory is good (checked it out with memtest86).

Any ideas? Here's the info I got from the Event Viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xbad0b148, 0x00000000, 0x8057e489, 0x00000000).
A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Thanks,
Nader

A:Blue Screen of Death Page Fault Error

zip up the last 2-3 minidumps as an attachment for debug analysis.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-page-fault-error.52471/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi...i jz installed a new hard disk( 160GB sata).. when i boot the old hard disk(80GB IDE) with the new hard disk... i have an error msg dat goes...

Stop: 0x00000007B (blah blah blah)
INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

its appear when the windows is loading... is there any problem wid the hard disk or izzit corructed or anething... It same goes when i wanna install a new windows on a new hard disk...

Even when i uninstall the new hard disk and load the old hard disk... its still the same...

Izzit possible to make the disk work as normal? It was normal yesterday and today its like this... can some one help???

A:My hard disk fault

What is you hardware configuration? and what settings do you have for the hard drives in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-disk-fault.51486/
Relevancy 30.96%

I get the double fault halt (blue screen, error 7F, code1 8, code2 80042000, code3 0, code4 0) when I am extracting something from 7-zip archives. The halt never occurs except for extracting from 7zip archives. The halt occurs on every 7-zip archive, both on regular archives and on self-extracting archives. The halt always occurs in the same position of extraction process, as per archive; the position is different for different archives, but always same for a particular archive.

I heard the double fault halt can occur because of damaged RAM, wrong hardware connections or kernel drivers errors. I checked the RAM thoroughly, and the RAM seems to be ok. I tried changing RAM, - the halt still occurs. I reassembled the PC, - the halt still occurs. So I guess it is a kernel driver error, isn't it?

I am attaching the minidump file. Please help me. Thanks.

A:Double fault

Your minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of 7F. Faulty ram?

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/double-fault.47674/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey everyone i just bought asus a v mobo athlon pin venice processor gig corsair value select x and i just happened to have a aiw previously that worked in another pc if any of you are familiar with this set up you should know that there are big problems im talking about infinite loops with the graphics card i dont know if its a via issue or what i think it is anyway when i put it in x mode the ea bsod went away but for some reason now i get a fault? bsod 1000007f??? ahhhh double new bsod it is exactly as this usually when i play a game like bf demo or cs source Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter it never crashes if i dont run a game ive tried new drivers and old drivers of ati drivers and via agp drivers i dont know if it is faulty hardware or what i ram memtest for like bsod 1000007f??? double fault? ahhhh hours and it came out clean bsod 1000007f??? double fault? ahhhh from research the parameter means double fault but i dont understand what that means someone help me pinpoint bsod 1000007f??? double fault? ahhhh my problem and give me a solution or workaround i cant return this damn motherboard i have a feeling it has something to do with the graphics card cuz i think the geforce ti works i tried it but i cant run bf for more testing yeah so help i also formatted to no avail nbsp

A:bsod 1000007f??? double fault? ahhhh

The double fault is usually caused bty stack overflow or faulty RAM. When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001/1003 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and 1003 and it has the content of the blue screen

Event ID: 1001/1003
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001/1003. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here. I will study the dump and find out the culprit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-1000007f-double-fault-ahhhh.31045/
Relevancy 30.96%

i've just tested my memory and repeatedly got a fault at memory address 38d73fd4, is there a way to avoid this memory address so i can still use the memory stick without my computer crashing occasionally as it is at the moment.

Also how can i find out which memory stick this memory address belongs to?

A:Memory fault

The easiest way to find out which stick of ram is causing you problems, is to run Memtest on each stick individually.

Once you find out which stick of ram is faulty, your only option is to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-fault.37314/
Relevancy 30.1%

HI! I god a problem! I want to install windows xp but during the installation i got a message which contains that some files cannot be copied or Bluescreen with the messageage fault in non-paged area. I got Celeron 1.7 2x 128mb sdram 20gb.

Please Help!

Thanks!!

A:Page fault in non-paged area

Is there a stop code?

ie... something like 0x0000000c or something like that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-non-paged-area.32363/
Relevancy 30.53%

Whenever I tried to access an application (no specific one) I always get this BSOD General Protection Fault,caused by memory's protection hardware's detection of an addressing error. Please help :angel:

A:General Protection Fault

Take a look HERE for an explanation and procedures for dealing with A GPF.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/general-protection-fault.25837/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone,
Aplogies if this is in the wrong area.

Can someone please advice how to resolve the above BSOD error? It happens about 3 mins after Ive logged into XP (sp2). There has been no new software installed recently and the machine has been working fine up until last night. Would this error point to a problem with my RAM module? I dont want to go through the whole rebuild process if all I need to do is change the RAM. What do you think the best steps would be to take if a RAM change doesnt fix the problem?

Any advice would be greatly apprciated.

Many thanks

A:"Page fault in Nonpaged area"

Download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

This will tell you if you`ve got a ram problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.25308/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there everyone at techsupport Well Am Gautam from INdia Ok here goes my story I have a ASUS P C Delux motherboard - days back i started to get the usual blue screen of death saying that quot DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot then some memory dump and i have to restart my Repeated card BSODs, fault ? at NIC PC Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? And after booting the dialogue box on the windows screen said quot Windows has encountered a serious error the device quot Asus Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? v Pro seems to be responsible quot etc But then i noticed a very unusual activity with my network card I have a cable connection with a modem installed My Lan card is com Gigabit C on board So at many times i used Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? to get the error quot Network cable unplugged quot even when the modem Lan led kept on The surprising thing was that when i used to get this unplugged error the modem cable LAN led didnt went off which made me think that there is no physical disconnection of the cable with the lan card SO when i used to get this uplugged error i have to disable the lan card and enable it once again which allowed me to surf for around - minutes and then again the error poped up And the important thing is that sometimes while enabling the card my screen used to go blank for a second and another blue screen used o come saying that STOP error PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA Some problematic file pciide sys encountered error i dont exactly know what was there on the screen So i thought that might be my onbard LAN and AGP-PCI i have a pci based asus mb card would be having some IRQ conflict SO i moved my PCI display card to another slot and now my windows system information application says quot IRQ Com Gigabit LOM C OK quot and quot IRQ NVIDIA GeForce MX MX OK quot But nothing helped SO i fianlly disabled my LAN card and intalled the modem using the USB cable After installing the drivers for the modem and doing the necessary settings i have my internet connection up and running without any disconnections or crashes NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY IF YES THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT Though i tried enabling the onboard lan card which obviously now shows cable unplugged as i have connected my modem through usb and still the PC doesnt crashes Kindly give me some feedback as i want to know the root cause of this problem as to why i was getting BSOD s and system freezes when my modem was connected to my on board NIC THanks waiting for ur reply Gautam nbsp

A:Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

welcome to techspot.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED????? IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY?? IF YES, THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT??Click to expand...

the errors you reported are the result of a hardware problem. run the computer in each of the following configurations until you get a system error or the machine runs flawlessly for a day or two:
-with the onboard NIC on and connected to the modem
-with the onboard NIC on but not connected to anything
-with the onboard NIC disabled in your bios

at a glance, it seems likely that your problems were caused by faulty hardware, but these steps are important for diagnosing the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-nic-card-at-fault.24990/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi all Read most of the threads on this problem I have with my daughters pC She has a PC Chips MB Athlon Xp G and mb ram NVIDIA Geforce card She has only LEss Non QUAL In or Not or IRQ Fault Area Page Paged got a small HDD gb and regularly fills it with crap I have to format and reload windows but I keep getting these IRQ Not LEss or QUAL or Page Fault In Non Paged Area errors when i try Can get to where windows asks which partition to put it on and when i select i get the blue screen of death with either of the errors IRQ Not LEss or EQUAL or Page Fault In Non Paged Area I normally have to remove the HDD stick it in my pc and load windows from there Afterwards its IRQ Not LEss or QUAL or Page Fault In Non Paged Area normally ok But shes been getting systems hangs Just got her a new DVD rom amp Gb hdd but problem is even worse loathed to buy a new MOBO or CPU if its a simple fix Thinks it migh be PSU related and there s a thread suggesting the video card might be at fault but why both errors Any help would evry much appreaciated SHREK nbsp

A:IRQ Not LEss or QUAL or Page Fault In Non Paged Area

Did you do a full or quick format? Full is better. It over writes all the old files especially old drivers. If that doesnt work it sounds like bad RAM. Try Memtester.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irq-not-less-or-qual-or-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.22643/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi folks,

Brand new to this.

I'm looking for some help with a monitor problem. I currently operate on a iiyama E481S with dual DVI/VGA connections. My monitor has worked well and without problems for the past 3 months. However today on the DVI connection I can only get the colour yellow on screen. In VGA mode the monitor works fine.

Does anyone know what the problem could be ? The graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9200 256mb

Help !!!!!!

A:Monitor/DVI fault

Most likely a broken cable or a loose connection. Unplug and replug. Take your chair off the DVI cable

BTW this goes into the "Audio and Video" forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-dvi-fault.18538/
Relevancy 31.39%

I wanna ask how S M A R T affects your computer system when it s on off It is recommended to turn it on off Are you people turning it on off why Sorry but this question bugged me for years RAMs What is the difference between quot RAM, S.M.A.R.T., fault HDD better quot RAMs and quot Normal quot RAMs Crucial claimed that their RAMs are quot better quot than others but I thought RAMs S.M.A.R.T., RAM, HDD fault are the same Or is there any function difference or more reliability What will happen if I placed both PC s and PC s on A PC S.M.A.R.T., RAM, HDD fault -only motherboard A PC -compatible motherboard I tried to copy files from my HDD to my HDD but during the middle of the copying the system keeps crash then recover then crash then recover and finally it gave a BSOD quot Data couldn t not be written onto D quot The HDD LED keeps flashing but there s no activity Is my HDD dying it s a Seagate ST series gb rpm nbsp

A:S.M.A.R.T., RAM, HDD fault

S.M.A.R.T. = Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology

It's a system that utilises internal hard disk drive monitoring technology.

Turning it on shouldn't translate in lower performance but remember that it is asking for the HDD to do some extra monitoring work.

The difference between "normal" & "better" can be many things. It can go from better PCB use, better memory modules yields to better warranty, etc. I've had a few issues with NoName RAMS so from now on I only go with brands that I know ( such as Crucial ). Brand RAM can generally work with very aggressive memory timings without any problems. I've had Stability problems on my A7V66-E when I used NoName RAM even though RAM timings were set to SPD ( most conservative timings ).

Using PC133 on a PC100 motherboard will make it work at 100. When you mix memory types, both of the memory modules will align on the slowest one ( 100 in this case ). Otherwise, it would be overclocking your PC100 module to 133 & as in any other overclock, luck plays a major role in it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-m-a-r-t-ram-hdd-fault.1801/
Relevancy 29.67%

I was trying to read\download a page (eg.product specification sheet) from a website here and all I could view was a big colour block (black) page with no text?
Then a "pop up -see jpg image" window which would arrive\chime three times (after clicking OK) before the the page would become "static"​
using free-ware Adobe Reader 9 (Version 9.1.3)
See attached image for reader fault explanation
Edit:Anyone have any idea(s) why this might be occurring please? Is it the website I'm trying download\save the file from or is it a problem with my "reader"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adobe-pdf-reader-page-loading-fault-in-firefox-i-e.151587/
Relevancy 30.1%

The title pretty much says it all. Whenever I try to delete/access a couple of specific folders on my E: drive this error pops up and I blue screen. I've attached the minidump data and would really appreciate the help.

A:Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error

See this: diff symptom, same cause.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kernel-inpage-error.208300/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-error.208341/
Relevancy 29.67%

Sorry to ask this question again. But I have no where to ask now.
Whenever I try to execute my vb application, its gives me a BSOD and memory gets dumped. I am sharing my dmp files, will you please please look at it and tell me whats the error???

A:Page fault in Non paged Area when executing one application

Rmfinr.sys is noted, but I can't find anything on this driver. Have you checked your memory and hard drive for errors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-non-paged-area-when-executing-one-application.205367/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everybody,

For the past 1 month I've been getting Irql not less or equal and Page fault in non paged area BSODs every day several times and I have read so many posts for troubleshooting these errors and tried so many of them, from a clean windows 7 install to updating drivers, using driver sweeper and then updating again and what not..

But I just dotn seem to understand whats wrong. Tried understanding the minidumps using bluescreen view and I all could gather was some issue with ntoskernel.exe

I'm attaching my minidumps, can someone please tell me whats wrong - is it my laptop getting too hot or some driver etc?

Extra Info: The laptop is HP dv-7 running Win7-x64 and does seem to get pretty hot, especially when I'm playing Counter Strik 1.6 on Steam and crashes are much more frequent when I'm playing Steam CS 1.6

Thanks and Regards

A:IRQL not less or equal and page fault in non paged area BSODs

Okay, I think it is time to check your memory and then check the hard drive for errors. Take your time and follow these instructions:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irql-not-less-or-equal-and-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-bsods.178045/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I am currently running BitComet 0.94 and when I select a file to download it says that it has hundreds/thousands of seeders. But when I start the download, it only picks up a few seeders. I am running my PC on a wireless network and am connected at 11Mbps. Can anyone help me please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bitcomet-seeding-fault.90427/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi I ve been having trouble with my PC which was built for me by a friend and the issue appears to be with the RAM I was hoping someone could advise me on what steps I can take The problem is that every so often sometimes times a day sometimes once a week it s very intermitent my computer will just freeze seemingly for no reason When it s about to freeze my mouse cursor will turn to the blue circle and for a few seconds I can still move my mouse around but I can t click anything After those few seconds the animation on the mouse cursor stops and I can no longer move the cursor around Nothing works whatsoever I ve tried opening task manager alt tabbing between programs etc but it s just completely frozen As I said this problem is intermitent - the computer has been fine for a week or so at a time but sometimes this will happen or times in a day I ve tried leaving the computer for up to hours after it froze to see whether it would recover had some unsaved work that I was desperate to keep lol but it just stayed the same This has been happening ever since the computer was built about months ago and I ve tried to look for patterns which might be PC on RAM with possible build Help new fault causing it but I haven t found any Sometimes it happens within a minute of Windows starting up other times my computer can be on for hours without it happening playing FIFA which most likely uses a lot of resources It seems to be completely random There was once but only once where rather than just freezing up a BSOD appeared which I hope may be crucial to diagnosing the problem The error in the BSOD was quot page fault in nonpaged area quot - from googling that error it seems to be consistent with the freezing which keeps happening and seems to be related to the RAM I spoke to my friend who built my computer who advised me to check the BIOS settings for the RAM timings and voltage I got these from the manufacturers website but there only appears to be a setting for out of the timings TRCD TRP and TRAS I can t see a setting for CAS and I can t see Help with possible RAM fault on new build PC anywhere to enter the voltage All of the settings were set to Auto and I changed the which I could find to match the timings on the manufacturers website but the issue remains Any advice on what else I could try My computer details are Procesor - AMD Phenom II X Ghz Motherboard - Asus M A T-M Graphics - Radeon HD GB Power Supply - ModXStream-Pro W RAM - Corsair VengeanceLP DDR GB x GB OS - Windows Bit nbsp

A:Help with possible RAM fault on new build PC

Did you use a new SATA HDD for the build or did you use an old HDD with an OS already on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-possible-ram-fault-on-new-build-pc.177701/
Relevancy 30.1%

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.7MB
  2 downloadsI have a PC running Win7 64b that continues to crash (BSOD) after being on for 3 to 5 minutes.  It gives a page fault error and always  
stops on file MFEEACK.SYS.  Gives an error code of 50

I've confirmed the BIOS is up to date, as well as all drivers.  System does not crash in safe mode, which makes me suspect drivers.
I try to do Windows updates but the system doesn't stay up long enough, and it doesn't want to load them in safe mode.

Any help appreciated

JLSINGLER

A:BSOD with paging fault - error code 050

Uninstall McAfee.  Also, run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool (free from here:  https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331 )

If this doesn't work, post back and I'll run the dumps out of the reports that you've provided (I'm trying to save time here, I just can't keep up with all the posts - sorry!)

Don't forget to install another, freshly downloaded antivirus.  And don't forget to check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is enabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585182/bsod-with-paging-fault-error-code-050/
Relevancy 29.67%

Can anyone look at this debugging report and tell me what could be causing my crashes my computer keeps blue screen crashing often whether i to reader a out fault Is windbg a expert report? read there there am using firefox or playing sims i have a bit amd quad core chip with windows here is the report i got after running a debugger on the minidump from today it is soooo much appreciated I have researched this but am at the end of my knowledge base Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging Is there a windbg expert reader out there to read a fault report? information BugCheck B c fffff de fffff b Probably caused by hardware cdd BitBltBitmap c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff de Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff b Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP cdd BitBltBitmap c fffff de add dword ptr rax h ecx CONTEXT fffff b -- cxr xfffff b rax rbx rcx fffffa a rdx rsi fffff d rdi rip fffff de rsp fffff rbp fffff c c r r r r fffff d r r fffff c cf a r r iopl nv up ei pl zr na po nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl cdd BitBltBitmap x c fffff de add dword ptr rax h ecx ds b Resetting default scope DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME firefox exe CURRENT IRQL MISALIGNED IP cdd BitBltBitmap c fffff de add dword ptr rax h ecx LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to fffff de STACK TEXT fffff cdd BitBltBitmap x c FOLLOWUP IP cdd BitBltBitmap c fffff de add dword ptr rax h ecx SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME cdd BitBltBitmap c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff b kb MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware FAILURE BUCKET ID X IP MISALIGNED cdd dll BUCKET ID X IP MISALIGNED cdd dll Followup MachineOwner nbsp

A:Is there a windbg expert reader out there to read a fault report?

0x3B errors are often caused by video card drivers but here it cites hardware which means their might be an issue with your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-windbg-expert-reader-out-there-to-read-a-fault-report.159265/
Relevancy 30.1%

I ve got a client with a reboot loop When trying to run from the e-machines XP Media Center OS Disc I get this message I check the RAM with MemTest It passed times so that looks good I couldn t get Seatools to run on the client s computer because the mouse wasn t recognized in Page area in non-paged fault the Seatools GUI However I pulled the HD out and put it in an enclosure and hooked it up to my computer When I powered on the enclosure it sent my computer to the same blue screen Page Fault In Non Paged Area When my computer booted back up the hard disk in the enclosure only showed up as Page fault in non-paged area a recovery partition about GB The drive is GB I check in disk management and the rest of the GB shows up but there is nothing Page fault in non-paged area I can do with it It won t even show it s properties says something about refreshing the drive list which I do but to no effect I started up Seatools for Windows and the drive showed up under quot USB quot but I m not sure if it detected the whole drive or just that recovery partition Seatools doesn t show any drive sizes Anyway I did a short scan and long scan with Seatools and it came up clean Not sure how to proceed By the way I Page fault in non-paged area can t get into the OS on the client s drive with any option Safe Mode etc nbsp

A:Page fault in non-paged area

That sounds like a bad partition. when you look at that drive using Disk Manager, what shows up?
My primary C: drive has three partitions

Healthy (oem)
Recovery, xxx gb NTFS
Win7-OS (C, yyy gb NTFS, Healthy (boot, page file,crash dump, primary)
The most critical piece is the file system type, in my case NTFS -- but what do you see?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-non-paged-area.186146/
Relevancy 26.23%

I keep getting BSOD at random times. Sometimes it crashes while I am not even doing anything. I have tried to reinstall windows couple times with different versions of Windows 7 x64. I have attached the mini dump files. Please help. Thank you

A:I keep getting Page fault in non page area BSOD on Windows 7

Hello,

I suspect bad RAM. Try testing it, using this guide:sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Sorry about the non-parsed link, I had to edit it to avoid detection by the forum software, which apparently prohibits new members like myself from posting links.

Firefox.exe was running in 2 dumps, which makes me suspect a network issue. Remove Norton, as per these directions: jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

Replace it with MSE: microsoft.com/security_essentials

Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Oct 28 21:38:56.276 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:45:02.587
BugCheck 50, {fffffa81856a0358, 0, fffff80002a8fb9b, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+27f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:59:36.070 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:01.382
BugCheck 1A, {5002, fffff70001080000, 2704, 2785fffffffe}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2971c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5002
PROCESS_NAME: sidebar.exe
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:57:40.689 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:36:04.000
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400202d8, 0, fffff80002aec2e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Sun Oct 17 13:09:16.691 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:32.002
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400543b0, 0, fffff800028d12e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-keep-getting-page-fault-in-non-page-area-bsod-on-windows-7.155688/
Relevancy 29.67%

The computer is a reinstall up, BSOD console Cannot getting or XP: Page fault rec fix with start Dell Vostro Laptop Luckily after the first time I had errors I backed up all the important data directories over my home network to my desktop OS XP SP Memory GB DDR - memory Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console has already been tested repeatedly so it s not the issue Have also started it with just the GB or GB stick to see if anything changed it didn t Processor Intel core duo GHz Video Nvidia GS IIRC - would have to go to Dell and look up with the service tag to be sure BIOS is fully upgraded from Dell page last upgraded about a year ago and I check back every couple months just to be safe - BIOS version A No updates installed in the last couple months except the usual automatic stuff from microsoft no hardware updates The only hardware not OSM is the GB memory stick machine shipped with two s Base Problems It says that WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM is missing when I try to boot normally or using safe mode or last known good configuration Attempting to use Recovery Console from the OSM disk provided by Dell I was able to fix this once two weeks ago at which point I made my data backups The problem recurred and now attempting to recover or even to reinstall the OS completely results in a Page Fault BSOD Running from the CD drive choosing E drive doesn t cause any issues be it a memory check self-booting CD accessing E from the recovery console or even a linux-based AV Rescue CD Edit But all this does is get me to a command prompt where I can SEE the contents of the HD but not copy or change it for the past months or so the machine has had an odd issue of the video not working screen lights up but is black unless started while warm Typically this has meant letting the machine boot up then either hard-shudown by holding down the power button then restarting or blindly hitting the window key arrow up hit enter then right arrow over a couple times to get the non-visible selection onto restart and hitting enter to begin restart I got fairly good at that actually it s only keystrokes Of course this started a couple months after the warranty amp service agreement ran out This doesn t appear to be directly related to the issue but may be what knocked out the SYSTEM file iin the first place from a hard shutdown restart Any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console

I have several backups of the system file present in the directory. I can see them by choosing 2: (the windows cd in the drive), then doing a DIR command on the C:\Windows\system32\config\ folder.

However, going in that way, I can't make the darn thing et me change into the C:\windows\ folder or any sub-folder, or rename any files inside (though it does let me get to the C:\ directory). Any work-arounds?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-start-up-fix-or-reinstall-xp-getting-page-fault-bsod-with-rec-console.157602/
Relevancy 30.1%

my PC did not power up when I pressed power button. The motherboard has lights (leds). turning power on at psu lights up leds. pressing power on pc button fires up the fans for < 1 second and then nothing.fans stop, boot process doesnt proceed but lights remain on board.

So I buy a new psu (another 800 watt). I unplug all but bare essentials on board. same issue. I then take out the 8 pin adapter (so only the 24 pin is connected) and leds remains on and boot up starts (yipee). I then put the 8 pin in again and it fails in the same manner as before.

Gigabyte GA EP45 DQ6 mobo
4 hard drives
2 dvd
intel q550 ( I think)
4 x 2 gb RAM
800 watt psu

any idea where fault lies? I assume board.

A:PC won't boot... power issue or mobo fault

...then go after the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-power-issue-or-mobo-fault.182734/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there im fairly new and saw these forums while browsing the web.

So the story started when I tried installing spiderman web of shadows, after installing it I tried playing it but it didnt start (so I clicked almost 30 times on the .exe) which opened the game 30 times and caused the "PAGE_FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA" BSOD for the first time. Then I thought it was the game (because it happened exactly when I started spiderman) and uninstalled it. Unfortunately it didnt stop the BSOD and it got worse (I cant even login or use safe mode, though safe mode works occasionally). Ive tried almost everything such as memtest86, system restore, moving the RAM into a different socket, avg pc tune up, anti-virus etc etc etc.

So I came here BEGGING for help please, I have no clue what to do anymore. (mini dumps have been attached)

A:Problem with page fault BSOD

All 12 minidumps are the same:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Ntoskrnl.exe
Since you can't log-in, you can't run CHKDSK, but if you can get on another computer and download the hard drive's testing software and create a bootable flash drive or CD(DVD) and run that software at boot up. Is the hard drive a SSD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-page-fault-bsod.182900/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, im new and i found my way here whilst googling the error message in the title. unfortuneatly the thread i was reading is now locked so i started a new one (i hope thats ok)

iam trying to fix my friends computer which bluescreens randomly with the error in the thread title.

i saw the in other thread people were asked to provide minidump files, so i have attached some here also.

there are only 4 files in the zip (due to 100kb limit here). the last 3 files are the ones generated whilst the computer has been in my posession.

can anyone throw any light onto what may be the problem, could it be bad ram?

thanks in advance
alex

A:Another ntfs.sys page fault in nonpaged area

This is generally a memory problem.

go to microsoft.com and search: "page fault in nonpaged area" some usefull info ffom microsoft support will come up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.113597/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all,

I am having real troubles, my work computer is not working properly. I keep getting a non paged fault. I have tried finding the solution, but I haven't had luck.

Can someone analyze my minidump and hopefully let me know the solution?

Thanks in advance.

A:Non paged fault - minidump help needed!

Your error code is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The problem cited as your issue is Pool_Corruption which has to do with a series of drivers that are having issues functioning properly.

The Symantec/Norton antivirus driver navap.sys is particularly noted as not being able to be loaded.

Question: Are you running/have installed more than one antivirus?

1. There is the possiblility you are infected, or...

2. You need to update Norton, or...

3. Uninstall Norton, reinstall and then update.

* Please let us know the answer to the question and what steps you take.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-paged-fault-minidump-help-needed.155716/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I had been moving some images around and i hit Ctrl+X to cut 30 when my system crashed. The BSOD message came up with this:

Page_Fault_In_Nonpage_Area
i81xdnts.dll

I looked for minidumps to submit but there were none in the minidump folder. Can anyone help? This is the second time this has happened, both times it has said the same thing. Both times have been this month.

A:Page Fault in Nonpage Area

Pretty sure if you update your onboard intel graphics driver it will then work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpage-area.112485/
Relevancy 30.96%

Just recently, when I leave my PC running for longer than 15 minutes, for instance, when AVG is searching, my Screen Saver is progammed to cut in, but I get a black screen, it clears as usual, by moving the mouse, or touching a key.
I'm not particularly bothered by this as it does no harm, but wondered how it can be corrected, I've gone to properties for that area, but can't see anything there that I can do.

Thanks, Maurice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screensaver-fault.17878/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Stumbled upon this forum when researching a frequent BSOD which occurs when playing Counter-strike Condition Zero The BSOD originally showed up as a page fault in nonpage area caused by win k sys When crashing the sound locks up display goes bad and then displays the BSOD After researching this problem some measures were taken to resolve the issue by updating drivers which initially was quite promising with no crash but after half an hour or so a new BSOD occured this time the page fault in nonpaged area Frequent CS:CZ, page in BSODs fault is said to be caused by Dnetr u sys which should be associated with my Wifi USB adapter from D-Link Memory tests have been run Memtest and windows own not that extended tests though and shows no errors My system Windows Vista SP Gigabyte FX-DS North Bridge AMD FX South Bridge AMD SB Realtek ALC A codec AUDIO Realtek B chip LAN Athlon X x gb hard-drives running in mirrored RAID D-Link DWA- Rangebooster Wifi USB adapter latest driver Sapphire HD Graphics card latest catalyst Click to expand When trying to update the system drivers through the gigabyte home page there seems to be a problem installing the quot north bridge filter driver quot this one comes up as not being of the current version when the install Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault manager analyzes the system after installing the same driver And the Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault debugged crash dump PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg aa ea memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg c If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Page a b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details READ ADDRESS aa ea FAULTING IP Dnetr u c c b ffffff mov edx dword ptr ebp- BCh MM INTERNAL CODE IMAGE NAME Dnetr u sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a c MODULE NAME Dnetr u FAULTING MODULE Dnetr u DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME hl exe CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME aa c -- trap xffffffffaa c ErrCode eax f c b ebx ecx edx esi dbf e edi b eip c esp aa cd ebp aa f iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe nc cs ss ds es fs gs efl Dnetr u x c c b ffffff mov edx dword ptr ebp- BCh ss aa ea Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from bf to dd STACK TEXT aa c c bf aa ea nt MmAccessFault x a aa c c c aa ea nt KiTrap E xdc WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong aa d c c b ff aa da Dnetr u x c aa d c fadc f e hal KfLowerIrql x aa db c c fd f e x fadc aa dcc c b fd aa dec hal HalpCheckForSoftwareInterrupt x aa ddc f b a f e aa e hal KfLowerIrql x aa de a f e aa e f hal KfReleaseSpinLock xb aa dec f f dd dd USBPORT USBPORT ReleaseEpListLock x aa e d d c c USBPORT USBPORT TxCsqReleaseLock x aa e c dca b a nt IoCsqInsertIrpEx x aa f dc c b fsdfw x b aa f c e e fsdfw x c aa fe c e a ad Dnetr u x c aa b c e b ac Dnetr u x c aa dbf e b ac ndis ndisMSendNBLToMiniport xb aa a b ac b ac ndis ndisFilterSendNetBufferLists x b aa b afa b ac ndis NdisFSendNetBufferLists x aa a b aa c aa c nwifi Dot OnDisassociate x aa ebf a ad nwifi Dot FlushIntermediateSendQueue x aa ec nwifi MP SendNBLInternal xe aa c c a ad nwifi MP Send x aa a afb a ad nwifi FilterSendNetBufferLists x aa c a a ad a ad ndis ndisFilterSendNetBufferLists x b aa dc d c a ad ndis NdisFSendNetBufferLists x aa fc e a ad anodlwf x c aa c a a ad a ad ndis ndisFilterSendNetBufferLists x b aa d f ab a c a ad ndis NdisFSendNetBufferLists x aa b e f a ad pacer PcFilterSendNetBufferLists x aa cc b a a ad a ad ndis ndisSendNBLToFilter x aa f c ce a ad ndis NdisSendNetBufferLists x f aa c ac tcpip FlSendPackets x aa c cbb cc ca tcpip IppFragmentPackets x aa b c ab cc ca aa cc c tcpip IppDispatchSendPacketHelper x aa c f a c... Read more

A:Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault

Updated chkdsk

Update: Ran check disk, and this is what it returned, nothing critical from what I can understand atleast.

Windows will now check the disk.
253760 file records processed. 1117 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 2 EA records processed. 44 reparse records processed. 312692 index entries processed. 0 unindexed files processed. 253760 security descriptors processed. Cleaning up 5984 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 5984 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 5984 unused security descriptors.
29467 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
33841240 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
253744 files processed. File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
12634413 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

156268543 KB total disk space.
105240324 KB in 220102 files.
122004 KB in 29468 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
368559 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
50537656 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
39067135 total allocation units on disk.
12634414 allocation units available on disk.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-bsods-in-cs-cz-page-fault.155036/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me advice I am currently using windows with a nividia graphics card and ASUS N motherboard which I believe is made for HP however windows keeps randomly freezing this happens in win I keeps find appreciated to freezing? idea's fault Computer have also tried a fresh installation of XP And vista and the same thing happens it simply locks no blue screens errors etc so hard reboot needed I have taken all insides out and re pasted the processor chip amd quad core I have done tests on the hard drive Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated and hard disc I dont think it is an overheating problem well sure its not the graphics card did go through a noisy fan stage however has been cleaned and was doing it before the freezing started and now appears to work fine Anyway I Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated have no idea what is wrong with it any help would be appreciated or idea s on how or Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated what to fault find next to remedy Thanks in advance Adam nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated

Please post complete specs of the system in question including PSU type/model etc.

Stress test your graphic card with OCCT, and RAM with memtest (you can find it in techspot's download section). Run minimum of 8 passes on each individual RAM Module.

Also ensure that your RAM's specs are correctly set in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-ideas-to-fault-find-appreciated.154465/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys Recently got my new computer and it is fault? ntoskrnl.exe Daily driver BSOD, amazing Only problem is that or Daily BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe driver fault? times a day i get a BSOD I checked the Minidump files and it s saying something about VISTA DRIVER FAULT and ntoskrnl exe driver fault This is what the Dump File reads Code Loading Dump File C Users Nico Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger Daily BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe driver fault? choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a e PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c be Debug session time Sat Oct UTC System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A b fffff a ddaa Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KPRCB Probably caused by ntoskrnl exe nt fdaa Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg b memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fffff a ddaa address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have ful... Read more

A:Daily BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe driver fault?

Tell us when you get these BSODs, i.e., randomly or are you doing something specific at the time.

You have errors 0x3B and two 0xA but they only cite Windows OS drivers and these are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help.

By the way, I noticed your system hardware (nice set-up; love to hear your feed back on that 635 processor) and you are running 6 gigs of RAM. Try running with just 4 gigs. Do you gain stability?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daily-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-driver-fault.154313/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m always one for trying to fix my computer myself - technically slightly above average and logical at troubleshooting but I am losing my patience with this one hardware in brief Dell C - broadcom wirless card nvidia geforce le graphics card gig of ram X meg from in less & or equal) area fault (Page BSOD not IRQL non-paged crucial and x k default sticks that came with the machine Long story short I had vista wiped it BSOD (Page fault in non-paged area & IRQL not less or equal) and put windows bit version Problem intermittant BSOD with errors as per topic heading Tried memtest - ran it for hours passes and no errors un reinstalling windows several times reverting back to windows vista - issues with pixelling garbagging when windows was powering up into profile so the last point leads me to suspect graphics card problem however I have never and am unable to get winbdg exe to read my dump file as it asks for symbols i downloaded the pack and it had a zillion files in it not sure which to pick i tried a few and the dump file still wouldn t work I invite the best of the best mac-daddy IT gurus to read the attached dump file and please please help me I ve spent the last weeks trying different things to sort this problem argh nbsp

A:BSOD (Page fault in non-paged area & IRQL not less or equal)

Your error code is 0xA and these are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level addresss higher than they are designed for resulting in system crashes.

The file cited the WINdows OS drive HIDCLASS.sys and usually OS drivers are too general to be of much help but in your case it is probably the exception.

HID stands for Human Interface Device and often has to do with HID USB components. Research has shown that in some cases people had to disable HID-compliant consumer control devices from Device Manager. Ofdten in the case of getting games to work; I am not endorsing this step, only relaying information.

It looks like a bad HID (read controller, keyboard, mouse etc) driver; probably kernel level drivers for USB devices.

It could be your mouse or keyboard. Are they USB connected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-irql-not-less-or-equal.149410/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have bought a new hardware recently Asus M A LT-M hardware and Area Nonpaged system Fault unstabilitity BSOD change. after In Page LE AMD II X and Geil GB DDR Value - - I assembled everything togheter with hardware left from BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area my old PC which gave me this CPU AMD II X Mainboard Asus M A LT-M LE Memory Geil GB DDR Value - - Hard Drive BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area GB Westgate Video Geforce GT Power Supply Chieftec smart W I formatted whole HDD and installed fresh copy of Windows XP service pack After few hours my windows started crashing BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x nv disp dll dumps of the BSOD in the attachment when I tried to play Crysis or Race Driver Grid I checked other games and windows crash in all of them Modern Warfare Need For Speed Shift Left Dead with same BSOD I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn t helped I also tried installing old ones no success I have noticed that almost all of my applications suddenly crash Mozilla Chrome Office after few minutes of use Furthermore the files I download from the internet or copied from the usb sticks to HDD gets corrupted by CRC errors very often I reinstalled system two times but that didn t solved crashing and BSODS After that I had all my hardware component tested and I also have found nothing CPU Tested with orthos I ran two instances to test first two cores and the third one One hour test with no errors - C when IDLE - C when in stress RAM I tested my stick with Memtest passes and hour of testing which gave me no errors I tried testing them with this Memtest from hcidesign com it gave me few errors but I find Memtest to be more reliable Maybe I m wrong HDD Tested with HD tune CHKDSK and HDD Scan no errors C - C GPU Couldn t test because system crash when I try to run any graphic advanced application or game but it was fine before I changed my hardware C in IDLE and up to C in stress Here s my question what should I do I m getting out of ideas At start I thought that all errors are caused by bad stick of RAM but Memtest didn t showed any errors which made me confused Thanks for the help I ll provide you with all information you ll need just tell me Any kind of advice will be appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

0x50AGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

nv4.disp.dll is a Nvidia display driver. Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-system-unstabilitity-after-hardware-change-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.152973/
Relevancy 29.24%

I had a friend give me his Dell Insiron B laptop because it would not load windows xp sp just the blue screen with the following error message Page Fault In Nonpaged Area then at the bottom it has Stop x xf ca x xE cd ad x I tried to use his system restore but that didn t work I can boot in safe mode and tried there but according to the system his only restore point was set Page laptop Dell Windows XP no error paged area fault after this error occurred I have read that it can be caused by a number of things from ram failure to other hardware failure to a virus that does it Also that certain programs will do it too He hasn Dell laptop Windows XP Page fault error no paged area t installed any new software or hardware and I can t detect a virus although he does surf porn sites whether he will admit to Dell laptop Windows XP Page fault error no paged area it or not Also he has no disks for it whatsoever He said it Dell laptop Windows XP Page fault error no paged area never came with any and that he never even knew about making back-up disks He does however have a bad battery as it told me that in the BIOS when I went in to change the boot order so that I could boot from floppy or cd first He also doesn t have his papers with his product key on it either Right now what it is doing is circleing in safe mode What I mean is that it loads then tells you you are in safe mode would you like to continue I click yes It loads the screen and his icons Then after about min without touching anything the hourglass appears and it goes back to the first thing you are in safe mode do you want to stay in safe mode I click yes and so on From what I can see he has no firewall and no antivirus so at this point I am not ruling anything out Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide or a direction you can point me in Upon switching from administrator to his user account it has big letter next to the clock virus detected It does not say it on the administrators side it seems that macafee is in there somewhere but you can t find it unless you go in to windows explorer as admin In his user account there isn t many programs showing and when you click on start there is maybe programs listed and the all programs button is gone the log off button is gone run is gone It wouldn t let me connect to the internet it wouldn t let me copy spybot from a cd nbsp

A:Dell laptop Windows XP Page fault error no paged area

Here is a bump for this post.

[edit] Your events logs while in safe mode may give more info about errors. Do not include duplicate errors if you post the info. Detailed info in the report beyond the initial summary section is already captured in the summary section. [/edit]

It appears that you are not hindered by a password for the hard drive.

OEM computers often have Recovery Partition on the hard drive and it is accessible from the initial burst screen (screen message directs you to depress the correct key). This will put you back to out-of-the-box conditions. You lose all personal files and applications. Sometimes the recovery software only reloads XP and saves a copy of the c: drive (you need to be skillful to use this to recover out-of-support applications).

OEM computers usually permit making one copy of the Recovery CD, which is equivalent to the Recovery Partition. Based on you description, this may not succeed. Dell probably has its own directory for tools.

At some point in time you will need that cmos battery for the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-windows-xp-page-fault-error-no-paged-area.109630/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello For the last ten days or so I ve been experiencing moderately regular STOP messages with this information given STOP stop 0x0000007F) (Win XP Possible fault? RAM x F x xBA D X X There s Possible RAM fault? (Win XP stop 0x0000007F) nothing displayed to tell me what process or module failed I should say straight off I have not got a single technical bone in my body I m a pretty competent user of the PC and I m happy to install things take bits out and put other bits in and generally housekeep and tweak - but I have no idea at all how a computer actually works once you get into the bits that re all long strings of numbers Could all be hamsters for all I know Mathematical hamster geniuses With that in mind I ve been trawling the net looking for possible causes of this problem It occurred suddenly whilst playing a game Mount amp Blade Warband if it s of any relevance but I don t think it is and it s happened fairly regularly since Often on initial bootup once I m past the Windows logon screen other times it runs happily for an hour or so and then BSODs once it thinks I ve got too relaxed about the whole thing It looks as though most sources online agree that it s probablypossiblymaybe a hardware problem most likely RAM I have GB installed in four MB blocks I ve run memtest fairly halfheartedly - about three sweeps non-consecutively have come up with nothing But I m aware memtest needs to be run more thoroughly than that so that s on my list I have two questions first though if I may run them past you knowledgeable types I m one of these people who s a bit squirrelly about leaving a computer running - especially if it s actually doing something - overnight As silly as it sounds particularly since I work in an office whose hundred or so computers haven t been switched off in about five years I m always reasonably convinced it ll blow up and burn the house down So with regard to memtest to get a proper result using say - sweeps do those sweeps have to be run consecutively I run a dual-boot system between WinXP SP and Ubuntu Linux Jaunty If I m running Linux I ve not noticed any problems at all in terms of crashes No I m not going to start on Linux is better than Windows - but I would like to know if a RAM fault would be likely to affect Ubuntu running on the same machine in any way Ubuntu certainly doesn t have to do a lot of the work that Windows does Win s mainly a gaming setup for me but it does have some moderately memory-intensive programs Should I expect them to be affected as well Sorry about the wall of text I tend to ramble I d appreciate any advice though just to see if I can identify which is the poorly hamster nbsp

A:Possible RAM fault? (Win XP stop 0x0000007F)

? Stop 0x7F messages are typically due to defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Running the CPU beyond the rated specification, known as "overclocking," can cause Stop 0x7F or other error messages due to heat buildup. When diagnosing problems on overclocked systems, first restore all clock and bus speed settings to the manufacturer recommended values to determine if this resolves the issues.

? The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.

? Stop 0x7F messages can occur after installing incompatible applications, drivers, or system services. Contact the software manufacturer about possible Windows XP specific updates. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

Given that your problem seems to have begun with the game, I would suggest the following...

1. Try uninstalling the game, and see you you continue to get errors. If errors go away, this would indicate a buggy or incompatible driver / game component.

2. Given that this error is a fairly strong indicator of hardware though...
a. Are you overclocking? If so, then reset to standard clocking.
b, Are you certain your bios memory settings are correct for your memory. If not, check and adjust as needed.
c. Run memtest. It is safe. Run it per the instructions, which you seem to have already found.

Please follow this guide... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Please note that (unless you start getting errors reported) you will need to let this run a long time.
A good way of doing this is to let it run over night. In each 'pass" there are a series of eight memory tests that are run, each more complicated than the previous. You need to let it run a minimum of 7 passes, unless you start getting errors. If you have errors reported, you may want to re-run the test with only one stick of ram installed, checked each stick until you isolate those that are faulty. That way you can limit your replacement to those that actually need it.

Let us know the results.
If your memory comes up without errors, then ...

Try a program like Everest, or CrystalDiskInfo...
The former is a general look at your system and may catch disk issues.
The latter is specifically for hard drive diagnostic.
I do not really think that your hard-drive is at issue, but one of this programs may provide some additional clues.

Finally, If any logs are generated by the above suggestions, post them.
THEN, also attach a zip of your five most recent minidumps, found in Windows\minidump.
More system specs would also be helpful, including your XP SP#. (Service pack 1, 2, or 3)

Hope this gives a starting point. After you repost, I or one of the others will check your information further and see what we can do to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-ram-fault-win-xp-stop-0x0000007f.152442/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot my BSOD issue by looking at my minidump. That just sounds wrong.

Your help would be GREATLY appreciate....

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

Inside the 1 MiniDump:

Probably caused by : sptd.sysClick to expand...

sptd.sys: Device driver from Alcohol or DaemonTools

My personal feeling is, it's your Norton AntiVirus causing the issue.
But un-installing Alcohol or DaemonTools will fix it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-nonpage-area-bluescreen.108743/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, my computer was fine for the past year to two years, i've never gotten a BSOD. But yesterday I got one and I've been struggling to deal with it since. I believe the problem may be with a hard drive of mine. Because everytime I even attempt to plug it into the USB (its in an enclosure right now), it gives me a BSOD. And the same thing happens when i try to plug it in as a regular sata hard drive. anything I do i get a BSOD. I am even unable to boot the computer from the cd. any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, because I do not want to lose the things on that hard drive. I will also post the six minidumps.

Thank you.

A:Page fault in nonpaged area NTFS.sys

The dmp files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-ntfs-sys.150889/
Relevancy 30.1%

My sister s computer has been having a BSOD with this message Page fault in nonpaged area stop x x She also is getting this event in eventviewer type error source systemerror Category EventID BcCode BCP FFFFFF BCP BCP A D BCP OSVER S P Her specs are HP Pavilion a e CPU area in nonpaged BSOD fault Page AMD Athlon Motherboard ASUS either K S-LA or Salmon-GL E Ram Speed size and sticks sticks of DDR PC GB each GPU Nvidia Geforce GS PSU not sure as I don t have the computer in front of me right now probably Watts We did upgrade her video card and made sure that her power supply that would accomodate the Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD new card OS Windows XP Professional SP The bsod seems to be a little random but it usually occurs when she clicks on certain folders on her desktop We have tried rebooting in safe mode and with startup programs disabled but it stil occurs Her ram is relatively new it was already replaced once She may have run some memory tests on it but I m Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD not sure She doesn t remember making any hardware or software changes around the time the bsod started occuring For some reason her system restore didn t have any restore points saved so system restore is not an option We have already searched for solutions for the page fault in nonpaged area error but none of them have helped Here are some minidumps Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

All errors are the same 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Unfortuantely they only list Windows OS druvers as the probable cause and for the most part OS drivers are not much help for diagnosing the problem, only pointing out that there is a problem.

1. Have you scanned for infections?

2. Since it is an HP I am not sure you can do this but go into your BIOS, find the memory voltage setting and compare it to the voltage the memory was designed for by the RAM's manufacturer. Are there descrepencies?

3. Run Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 ? Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod.146724/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

Request you to please help me to fix this error which i am facing since long time.

I am getting error as Blue dump screen IRQL not less than or equal and sometime Page fault in non paged area.

I have removed my Ram Cleaned and reinstalled and tried different RAM still facing same issue.

Hard Disk also changed and still facing issue but frequency of error is less.

Looked device manager and cannot see any exclamation mark under any driver.

Changed Sata Cable but no use.

How we come to know where is the issue. Please help me out to fix this. I have attached dump file in zip.

My system specifications are:
Operating system : Windows XP service pack 2
Ram 512 MB
Hard Disk 160 GM
Pentium ฎD CPU 3.40 GHZ.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in Advance!

A:Blue dump screen IRQL not less than or equal and page fault in non page area

Try testing your memory using Memtest86... Use Google to find it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-dump-screen-irql-not-less-than-or-equal-and-page-fault-in-non-page-area.171290/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi all A few fault from XP a recovered serious weeks ago I XP recovered from a serious fault posted with this same problem and after having a look at my minidump file someone suggested I change my creative audio sound driver - I did do that and the problem seemed to go away for a while anyway Last night while I was asleep the computer crashed again I woke up to a reboot and windows telling me it had recovered from a serious fault I don XP recovered from a serious fault t know why it didn t act up for several weeks and now the problem is back as far as I remember the only new software I ve installed since then was GOM player which I installed to help a friend with the settings and the next day uninstalled and an update to the Opera browser The only other strange thing with this computer is that I ve gone through two dvd burners in a few months I do a LOT of burning - I buy a burner and in a couple weeks Nero is no longer able to verify and gets read errors But that s probably just bad luck with hardware I doubt it has anything to do with this problem Anyway I would really appreciate it if someone could have a look at my minidump file and give any suggestions once again Thanks so much nbsp

A:XP recovered from a serious fault

MiniDump 070908-01:
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, f53f15c8, f6b0cb34, f6b0c830}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nltdi.sys
Probably caused by : nltdi.sys ( nltdi+7a8 )

Bugcheck 0x7E Description - A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

nltdi.sys from what i have found is used in a program called "Netlimiter" which is something to do with P2P programs. I would suggest running a Virus scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-recovered-from-a-serious-fault.108151/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,

Monday i reinstalled Windows 7 64 bits Ultimate Edition after receiving new ram and new motherboard
I have installed Windows 7 64 from USB device, and randomly i have BSODs, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL , always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. ( Whocrashed says: "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x705C0)
)"

It occurs very rarely, not only when i am playing or using programs that use many ressources, It is very random.

I ran:

Memtest : 17 hours, 8 passes, no errors
OCCT: 1 hours, no error, CPU Overclocked and not overclocked, RAM with 1600 Mhz and 1333 Mhz
Furmark ( for GPU): 1 hours, no problems
chkdsk: Done

I have checked tempsฐ with AIDA64, no problems.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, full retail.

CPU : AMD Phenom II X3 720
PSU: OCZ ModXstream 500 W
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6850
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2*4 DDR3-1600 CL9

A:Daily BSODs Win7x64, page fault in non paged area and irql not less or equal

You might have to play with the memory voltage or timings a bit, in the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daily-bsods-win7x64-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-and-irql-not-less-or-equal.173601/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Registry Fault Many Thanks in advance this is my first time I have had a PC problem MY PC is th mth old Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista x GB RAM The problem started when I was watching a video clip on Windows media player The screen started breaking up on to horizontal coloured lines predomenantly Pink and the PC froze I tried rebooting in safe mode however it wouldn t allow howevere managed to do Start up repair At first I was getting a blue screen Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA however after reboot a number of times including running CHKDSK and startup repair the system eventually let me through to the windows log on screen After logging the sreen you access programms from the screens breaking up again on to horizontal coloured lines I have tried cleaning dust from PAGE / IN FAULT PAGE Registry AREA Ntfs.sys NON Fault inside case and removed and re inserted RAM Tried repeating checks e g start up repair and receive the following - Problem Event Name Start Repair V Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Corrupt Registry Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Rollback Registry Problem Signature OS Version Locate ID Diagnosis amp Repair details Startup Repair diagnosis amp repair log Last successful boot time am GMT Number of Repair Attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of Root causes Tests performed Name check for updates Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name system disk test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk failure diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk metadata test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name target os test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault takes ms Tests performed Name volume content chack Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot manager diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name Event log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name internal state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot status test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name set up state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name registry hives test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Root cause found Repair action Registry roll back Result failed error Code x Time taken ms Finally Not sure if this would have anything to do with it however I downloaded Quicktime to play music clip about a minutes earlier before the problem started happening Also I have family photos on the PC which are not backed up and would like to protect then of possible nbsp

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault

the error means that your PC asked for a page of memory , and the page was not available. when the operation could not continue, it BSOD'd and shut down. Its usually happens as a result of a hardware that is misfiring or failing. The 'Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area' and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD's often show up consecutively and alternately. Things to try to correct or identify the problem are to restore your machine to the last know working configuration. if the problem keeps appearing run disk check for errors on your HDD. if that shows nothing, the next most likely suspect is a problem with the Ram. You can download any number of programs that will test your ram for errors. Win 7 has a built in memory test (not sure about the RC though) and you do not have to burn a disc to run it. Hope that helps some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-non-page-area-registry-fault.149446/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi as computer Serious system - fault reboots you can see from the title of the thread my computer has been rebooting on its own for no reason At first I thought it was just when I burn dvds but as it turns out this is not Serious system fault - computer reboots the case I m not tech-minded so please have patience with me from reading other threads and troubleshooting issues I hope I can provide all the information necessary After the reboot Windows warns me that it has encountered a serious system error This is the information I can give you from my Event Viewer and I have also saved and attached the dmp file for the last time this happened Category Event ID Error code c parameter parameter cd parameter c parameter ada d f f f d c c c I only reformatted this pc about weeks ago and I hope to not have to do it again Also if this is a driver issue or something similar reformatting may not solve the problem if I install the same apps I do do a lot of downloading from the net but I doubt this is a trojan or virus though you never know This pc is linked to a local Linux server which we use instead of a router but the networking program has been written by a software specialist and I know nothing about it except for how to open and close ports we don t even have a monitor or keyboard hooked up to it but we ve been using this system for a couple years with no problems I hope someone hear my cry for help and comes to my rescue Thanks dap nbsp

A:Serious system fault - computer reboots

See if you can update your sound card drivers. Sound card drivers are known to crash with bugcheck C2 (especially Creative).

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 24c0017, 8472ada8}
Probably caused by : e10kx2k.sys ( e10kx2k+dd26 )
Image name: e10kx2k.sys Timestamp: Mon Nov 05 13:02:30 2001 (3BE60F56) <-- 2001!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-system-fault-computer-reboots.106471/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello All

I am getting this error ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

on an Vista Ultimate 64-bit system

I have been using this system for 5-6 months - no problems

When i restarted today i am getting this message. I have attached the MiniDump

Any help is appreciated ...

Regards

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

Both minidumps are stating hardware as the issue but nothing specific as to what hardware it can be. So...

1. Go to your start menu and run ChKDsk in your Run box.

2. Run a full harddrive diagnostics. This will take time but well worth it.

3. Run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. If you have errors you need to run this test on each stick to determine the corrupted memory stick (s). Replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-nonpage-area-bluescreen.106788/
Relevancy 30.1%

Current Setup:
AMD PHENOM II X4 965 125W AM3 BLACK EDITION RETAIL BOXED
Gigabyte ATi Radeon 4850 with Zalman cooler
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO, AMD 785G Chipset, DDR3, AM3, ATX
OCZ 4GB PC3-10666 DDR3 Platinum Low Voltage (2x2GB)

Have updated all drivers and run all windows updates however I still randomly receive the Page Fault in Non paged area error 0x50

I will attach the recent memory dumps

I have tried running chkdsk /f /r and memtest numerous times, so that rules out those issues perhaps

Only had the components for around 2 -3 weeks

I've also cleared the page file and started a new one and the system doesn't overheat

I have a 120mm fan on the rear a 250mm on the side and a high speed 120mm on the front

Regards

A:Windows 7 x64 Page Fault in Non Paged Area

This error can either be caused by faulty hardware or a service ...... start with checking your RAM Sticks i'd advise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-x64-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.140314/
Relevancy 30.1%

I had this problem a while back and it seemed to resolve itself when I installed SP2.
I had to reinstall XP again and - hooray - this problem is back

It seems to happen sporadically; selecting a user on the XP login screen, clicking a link in Firefox, opening a Word doc - I can't see a pattern.
I've run chkdsk, memtest, cleaned my ram contacts as per the guide and no luck.

Attached is my minidump; any ideas what could be the root of my problem? I installed all xp patches, drivers etc, all software is current (filehippo.com) and my video and audio drivers are correct and current using the sis.com model scanner and download facility.

I'm really stumped on this and it's annoying the hell out of me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Page fault in non pages area

Inside the 1 MiniDump:

BugCheck 10000050, {9ea758a8, 0, 805b1947, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exeClick to expand...

Try Memtest for 7 Passes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-non-pages-area.105403/
Relevancy 30.1%

i have an hp pavilion a c with an MSI MS- motherboard and a samsung gb sata hd i am attempting to install windows xp pro the hd is new buti keep coming up with an error during the text Setupdd.sys fault area in nonpage page install that reads quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer The problem seems to be caused by the following file setupdd sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA if this is the first time youve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Setupdd.sys page fault in nonpage area windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove Setupdd.sys page fault in nonpage area or disable any components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xE A x xF F A x setupdd sys - Address F F A base at F DateStamp c f quot i have tried different discs and disabling and re-enableing the onboard sata adapter n the bios another thing i finally noticed after all this typeing was that the bios is not recognizing the sata hd but it is recognizing the optical drives anyone know of a way to fix this please help if you have a solution please email it to fireflygirl gmail com ------------------------------------------------- no this is not my boyfriends computer ------------------------------------------------- nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setupdd-sys-page-fault-in-nonpage-area.92660/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I m having a lot of trouble with my computer since yesterday It restarts itself every few minuts I get a blue screen with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA help IN PAGE i FAULT need - NONPAGED AREA Error code is x the other parametrs are different every time fffffbf appears most often i think I would say that this PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA - i need help happens randomly but I noticed that it happens always when i try to run regedit or do a search in windows explorer I don t have any new drivers installed recently Last thing i installed was a usb scanner but that was more then a week ago I checked some things that were recommended on microsoft com - It could be caused by variant of the Sdbot virus http support microsoft com kb en-us First i checked for files msdirectx sys haxdrv sys msdrv exe sdkcore exe and didn t found them I also checked drive c with Microsoft Malicous Software removal tool but it says that system is clear - It could be caused by rootkit spyware programs Msupd exe Reloadmedude exe I followed steps in this article http support microsoft com kb en-us and also didn t fount anything Eventho i had nod antivirus i installed Windows Defender which didn t found anything too I don t know what to do next Please help me If you need to know more detail bout a hardware i have tell me what should i write I will be gratefull for any sugestions nbsp

A:PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA - i need help

Could be a memory problem. Download and run memtest86 for at least 7 passes. That should tell you if it is a memory problem. The ffffffbf8 may be a memory address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-i-need-help.76081/
Relevancy 29.24%

I built this computer a little over a year ago so i dunno why this is happening now...

When i open counter-strike and start playing, things seem fine, but then after 10 - 20 minutes of playing the game just freezes. Sometimes i get a BSOD, but sometimes i can just alt+F4 out and restart the game.

I almost always get a page fault in non-paged area and it gives me n4_disp.dll

Ive read the sticky and ran memtest+
I couldnt get past 70% after running the test twice for some reason...

here are 2 screenshots:
http://brawlnews.com/wp-content/1.jpg
http://brawlnews.com/wp-content/2.jpg

the minidumps are attached.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ venice
2 x 512 PQI ram DDR400
250GB SATAII hd
NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT
My mobo is an ASRock dual but i forgot which one...
i have a 400W FSP PSU...

anything else ive forgotten?

THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!!

A:BSOD: Page Fault in non-paged... mini-dumps and details inside

"n4_disp.dll" is part of an Nvidia driver. Do you have an Nvidia video card? Does the motherboard have an Nvidia chipset?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-mini-dumps-and-details-inside.81768/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have major problems with my computer and in desperate need of help This community looked great on a similar issue and thought I d share my problem in hopes that someone can help me fix it all up I run into two BSOD s sometimes forget what the third one says Page Fault in Non Paged Area IRQL Not Less Or Equal Please note in Not Paged Fault Area/IRQL Non BSOD: Less Equal Or Page I BSOD: Page Fault in Non Paged Area/IRQL Not Less Or Equal have tried installing Vista many times over and I get the same results each time This is with a new install of Vista SP on my computer So I have installed Vista bit Ultimate onto my desktop installed ALL updates onto my computer BSOD: Page Fault in Non Paged Area/IRQL Not Less Or Equal including driver updates which Windows automatically installs Then at completely random times I get BSOD- quot Page Fault in Non Pages Area quot and sometimes BSOD: Page Fault in Non Paged Area/IRQL Not Less Or Equal IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD- however mostly the former The Page Fault error usually happens more often than not when copying large amount of data onto my hard drive from an external that works perfectly fine with my laptop running vista however I know it not my hard drive see explanation in next paragraph I have run memtest on my RAM- all good Tried removing separate sticks of RAM and I get the same result with BSOD I have checked my hard disk for errors and everything is fine there Even tried using a different hard drive to install vista on- same errors I am completely stumped Not to mention extremely frustrated I know I have minidumps but can not work out an easy way to read them So I have attached two dumps of KB- zipped to attach It must be an issue with my hardware but I can t figure out what part Any help on this would be greatly appreciated cheers David Edit Extra Detail- this BSOD happens at any time My desktop is currently running fine for min and no BSOD its just sitting here doing nothing- will no doubt BSOD soon without me touching it EDIT It just BSOD and I didn t touch a thing- ntfs sys was mentioned nbsp

A:BSOD: Page Fault in Non Paged Area/IRQL Not Less Or Equal

So its a clean install of Vista, and you have no other programs installed, not even Antivirus software?
Or are you using a specific Antivirus software? Or did the crashes happen even before that was installed?

Also you ran Memtest, but did you run it for approx ~ 4 hours? Here's a Guide on that: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post653029-21.html

Have you got any extra hardwares installed? Including internal cards? (on your "computer")

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-irql-not-less-or-equal.138113/
Relevancy 29.24%

greetings everyone i bought this HP Pavilion desktop not too long ago and it came with windows vista home basic the problem is every once in a while i quot think quot even from the beginning i keep in minidumps BSOD Fault - - Area with Vista NonPaged Page getting a Vista BSOD - Page Fault in NonPaged Area - with minidumps blue screen with the infamous quot page fault in nonpaged area quot error sometimes it s when i m playing music or a video andsometimes it s just when the computer is sitting there doing nothing there used to be not one day where it didn t come it always came maximum was times a day now it s much less though last time was yesterday it happened twice it also happened a lot when i was installing SQL server express days ago anyway i have no idea what s going on i have like minidumps from till i ve attached the last minidumps if u need anything else please let me know it goes minidump zip minidump zip n then the last one thanks in advance i hope this problem can be solved nbsp

A:Vista BSOD - Page Fault in NonPaged Area - with minidumps

It is good you gave so many minidumps because in the middle of one, #8 in fact, I think we might have found your issue. It is wininit.exe and this is a serious trojan. See the following:

wininit.exe - Here is the scoop on Wollf.16 Trojan as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is wininit.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Wollf.16 Trojan?

wininit.exe (Wollf.16 Trojan) - Details
If a process named wininit.exe is running on your computer, you may have been infected with a strain of the Wollf.16 trojan.

wininit.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag Wollf.16 Trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

Wollf.16 Trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of wininit.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

I strongly suggest running a virus scan A.S.A.P.. If you can access Kaspersky's and Tend-micro's online scanners than by all means do so. Also, you'll want to check the stickies in the Security forum of how to deal with infections.

In two of your minidumps SRTSP.SYS was cited twice and NAVEX15.SYS was cited once and these are drivers for Symantec's antivirus program. It could be that the trojan has compromised your security suite. Regardless, there are issues with these drivers.

Pool_Corruption and Ntkrpamp.exe were listed several times. The latter is required by Windows for applications to work properly and should not be disabled.

At first I thought it might be your RAM and it wouldn't hurt to run Memtest, but first run those scans.

Also, if you don't have one, get a router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-with-minidumps.81728/
Relevancy 30.1%

bsod fault bsod: in nonpaged area page page fault in nonpaged area -- bsod: page fault in nonpaged area gt please help hello got a problem that s driving me crazy I keep on getting a blue screen after windows start-up saying quot page fault in nonpaged area quot stop x and have to reboot after that after x times of rebooting the system starts correctly en runs as smoothly as ever I m using win XP pro fully updated my lay-out is set on win classic but it always changes back to the xp-look also my sound-schemes chances back to the standard scheme everytime I have this problem I checked both my ram modules they re both ok when I remove one and only use the other the problem keeps appearing I checked both my bsod: page fault in nonpaged area HD s with diagnose-software from the manufacterer s site they are also okay I can t find any help at microsoft support site so anyone who knows how to help me or has any suggestions please help me nbsp

A:bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

Then you are too low on RAM memory. You stated that when you use only one module, the problem appears. Unless I don't follow what you're trying to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.80853/
Relevancy 30.1%

recently I had this BSOD when playing an online game :

Code:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001

Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xb91990ea, 0x00000000, 0xb91990ea, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I already tried using memtest to check my memory, but it passed the test with no errors. Also tried changing my nvidia driver to older/newer ones.

using XP Pro SP2. Minidump file also included.

A:BSOD page fault in non paged area

This single minidump points to SAFEMON.sys...

You might want to run CCleaner to delete temp files and other nasties. Also run a good spyware/malware cleaner

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.80453/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a machine that is giving me page fault errors. I have attached a couple of dmp files if someone could tell me ram or video.

The ram situation is 2 slots both filled. I removed one ram stick and it Blue screened on me again so I removed the other and put the one back.

thanks in advance
Rogue

A:Page Fault in nonpaged area

Most often, this error message is caused by driver errors. Download and reinstall your video graphics driver to start. Look at all the drivers to see if there have been recent upgrades you may want to download.
Then run a Memtest86 test for four hours or 7 passes, which ever comes first. Be sure your CPU fan is working well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.80177/
Relevancy 30.1%

Page fault in nonpaged area XP sp3 0x00000050
pls analyze minidump file tnx

A:Page fault in nonpaged area XP sp3 0x00000050

JRAID.SYS (related to JMicron RAID Driver)

Updated Raid driver is here: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-xp-sp3-0x00000050.137480/
Relevancy 29.24%

any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Im on a dell studio 15 laptop, and I sometimes get this BSOD after pressing one of the touch-sensitive buttons on the laptop above the keyboard, almost always the 'eject cd' one. Here is the information:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFB58D50600AB
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80001F59EC8
BCP4: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110309-01.dmp
C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-54147-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER54D3.tmp.version.txt

any help on this would be greatly appreciated, the minidump is attached.

A:'Page fault in nonpaged area' in Vista service pack 2

Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Your minidump specifically cited corrupted memory as the issue. You will need to run Memteast on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

* Also, for future reference you do not need to individually zip minidumps. If you have only one or two attach as is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-in-vista-service-pack-2.137391/
Relevancy 30.1%

I had this bsod with the message,
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
stop: 0x00000000 (0xffffffff, 0x00000000, 0xffffffff, 0x00000000)

that is all the information there was, except for the usual explanation, there was not referred to any address.
please help the best you have learned, thanks.

A:Page fault in nonpaged area

Unfortunately this problem has many potential causes and therefore is really a process of elimination.

Take a look at the following page Windows Stop Messages

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.19636/
Relevancy 30.1%

Good day,

when I start my computer, I see a blue screen of death with the following error: page fault in nonpaged area. Starting in safe mode gives the same blue screen. At the bottom of the screen the following line is displayed:

0x00000050 (0x80fff000,0x00000000,0xf86e9036,0x00000000)

It is a Dell computer with a 2.8 Ghz processer and 512 MB internal memory. The computer is original, I mean not overclocked. Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Anne

A:Bsod, page fault in nonpaged area

Anne, the mods will most likely move this to the BSOD sub-forum in the Windows OS board.

Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

As you can read the cause could be due to many things but right now we don't have enough information to even make an educated guess except for that due to you receiving this message even in safe mode idicates it might be a driver issue..

Please give us your hardware specs and the internet security you are running. Also, have you downloaded anything recently or have you made any changes to your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.135925/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I am new here and having a problem with a BSOD and the message comes up page fault in a non paged area. I randomly get a BSOD after the computer comes on. I researched it and I think it is a trojan of some sort. Any info on this/fixes would be extremely helpful. Thank you soo much.

A:BSOD page fault in non paged area

BSODs are not generally caused by viri

1. check your anti-virus and anti-trojan results.
2. check your drivers
3. test your ram for at least 7 passes with memtest 86+ (FREE)
4. test your PSU with a PSU tester and multimeter
5. check your registry with ccleaner (FREE)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.78589/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi to Driver from but likely Fault, which one? BSOD What do? all Ever since I purchased my Asus W J T ATI Mobility X I ve been plagued by BSOD casued by no particular action and at completely random times and intervals Suspecting the RAM I replaced it despite making it through many passes of memtest but no dice BSOD likely from Driver Fault, but which one? What to do? the problem persisted The Windows Error Reporter tells me I have a driver problem and running my minidumps through Windb tells me the same thing but they rarely get more specific than that I occasionally am told that my video driver is at fault but I ve upgraded it every time a new one is available and have tried the Omega Drivers as well to avail I ve tried updating virtually every other driver as well since I can t be sure it s the video driver Writing this very post somehow caused a BSOD so I ve been forced to switch to my faithful Linux backup computer for the time being Since the T can support it I think I may try to install Vista -bit and hope that a new set of drivers will resolve the problem Is this likely The three most recent Minidumps will be attached as soon as I can get the other computer running long enough to edit this post Thanks Brett nbsp

A:BSOD likely from Driver Fault, but which one? What to do?

When you have done Windb do you continue on to the kd> space at the bottom for further analysis by typing !analyze -v and then press enter to get detailed bugging information?

I have found that zeros me right to the driver causing the issue.

Edited Update: I read your minidumps and the two from 3/11 and 3/24 point to the ntkrpamp.exe and the one on 3/26 is due to win32k.sys. From what I have been reading, some from the archives of Tech Spot itself, 80% of it points to faulty RAM. Do a MemTest86+ for at least 10 passes to see if you have any memory errors.

Others here have greater knowledge than I, but if you have bad memory that can cause all kinds of headaches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-likely-from-driver-fault-but-which-one-what-to-do.73358/
Relevancy 30.1%

Well first of all this is my first post here so if I didn t provide any neccessary information please tell me I m new here and don t have much knowledge on this but I really need your help My computer was working fine until one day when I restarted my computer because I couldn t seem to log in to window live messenger my computer couldn t run into the window It keep on crashing and appearing the blue screen which said something about page fault in nonpaged area I got some of these errors before and after restarting my computer it seems to work normally But this time no matter how many times I kept restarting this message keep appearing I couldn t go into the safe mode or any other mode coz this thing would always appear So I couldn t provide you with the minidump I also tried taking out the two rams and switching the socket clean the fan the fan s working fine but it didn t work Please help me on this Thanks in advance ps I couldn t take the vga card out coz my mainboard isn t vga on board no place to plug the wire connection with the monitor except on the vga card nbsp

A:Page Fault in Nonpage Area

Attach Minidumps by doing the following:

Go to C drive > go to Windows Folder > find Minidump Folder and click on said folder. There will be Minidump files within. I usually make a temporary folder on my desktop screen and transfer my Minidumps files for easy access.

When you post back to this thread attach Minidumps like you would any file or document; the best way is to put them in a Zip format if you can, especially if you have a number of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpage-area.74269/
Relevancy 30.1%

I know many people have had this problem in the past but I can t fix this one Here is the Windbg dump record all of them are the same Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Win In Windows Fault Paged XP Page Area Non error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x be Windows XP Page Fault In Non Paged Area Debug session time Tue Sep GMT- System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image Windows XP Page Fault In Non Paged Area WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Win error WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck bad b f ce ANALYSIS Kernel with unknown size Will force reload symbols with known size ANALYSIS Force reload command reload f ntoskrnl exe FFFFFFFF D F D Windows XP Page Fault In Non Paged Area DE C Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Probably caused by ntoskrnl exe nt c ce Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg bad b f memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg ce If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ ANALYSIS Kernel with unknown size Will force reload symbols with known size ANALYSIS Force reload command reload f ntoskrnl exe FFFFFFFF D F D DE C Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis MODULE NAME nt FAULTING MODULE d nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d de c READ ADDRESS unable to get nt MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt MmPoolCodeStart unable to get nt MmPoolCodeEnd bad b f FAULTING IP nt c ce ce MM INTERNAL CODE CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS BUGCHECK STR x LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to db STACK TEXT f b ec bad b f f b c nt x db STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nt c ce ce FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe SYMBOL NAME nt c ce BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lmvm nt start end module name d c nt T no symbols Loaded symbol image file ntoskrnl exe Image path WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Image name ntoskrnl exe Timestamp Thu Aug D DE C CheckSum B ImageSize F Translations b e b e Does anyone know how to fix this problem nbsp

A:Windows XP Page Fault In Non Paged Area

Im having the same problem, I've changed HD, RAM, Graphics card, Mobo, updated drivers and BIOS, checked for malware, ran a CPU checker, memtest - the whole lot and it still crashes.

From day one I've been convinced its the processor (AMD Athlon 3000+) but Im yet to change this, spent enough already - might as well as just bought a new PC

Also Windows Explorer / Internet Explorer crashes alot too - dont know if this is the same with you or its a related problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.59527/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was having difficulties with Nero, so I reinstalled it. Nero was
still acting up so I uninstalled it again. After that, when I tried
to logon to windows from then on I got a blue screen including
"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" and "*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xf2851000, 0x00000001, 0x8057fbce, 0x00000000)"

I believe that this may be due to a hardware failure or corrupted
system file, but I am unsure. From safe mode, I have ran nod32 viri
scanner, ccleaner, and ad-aware, and nothing has been detected.

Wasn't sure if the dumpfile uploaded correctly so here is a backup link:
https://webspace.utexas.edu/ar234948/minidump.rar?uniq=hshs16

My RAM was working well before the install/uninstall of Nero.

Would someone please examine my minidump file? Thanks.

I have a

1.5 ghz AMD
Geforce 2 graphics card
internal 60, 120 GB
external 233, 233, 80 GB
512 ram ((2) 256 strips)
Maddog 7 in 1 dvdrw
Windows XP SP2

Aaron

A:Page fault in non paged area problem - Nero induced? - minidump incl.

Hi Heshhesh,

One minidump is insufficient to determine the culprit. You have to attach 5 to 6 minidumps for further investigation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-non-paged-area-problem-nero-induced-minidump-incl.35908/
Relevancy 29.24%

i made a computer about a month or so ago and i started getting these errors about 2-3 weeks ago when that blue screen pops up and gives these errors to me. so here is a minidump from a error i got thanks for looking it over.

A:page fault in nonpaged area,IRql not less or equal errors

please ZIP up your last 2-3 minidumps and add them as an attachment.

TXT files do me no good for analysis.

also run memtest 86+ booted from a floppy in the meantime to test your memory. run for 7 passes at least. ensure all drivers and BIOS are up to date.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-irql-not-less-or-equal-errors.53399/