Windows Support Forum

Bitlocker accidentaly turn off computer

Q: Bitlocker accidentaly turn off computer

I was encripting my external HDD Tevion 1.5Tb when I accidentaly turned off the computer. Will my disc be broken, can I resume the encryption or must I decode it?
Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bitlocker accidentaly turn off computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bitlocker accidentaly turn off computer

Hi there, you should be able to resume the encryption. If you get some error, just try the encryption process again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/39329-bitlocker-accidentaly-turn-off-computer.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everyone I'm beyond desperate for help I have a hard drive which had partitions on it and efi partition a recovery partition and partitions which we encrypted with bitlocker I was trying to clean repair the efi partition as I was having boot errors however when I used the clean command I cleaned the entire disk whoops I have not overwritten or done anything aside from trying various recovery programs which don't seem to help They are unable to find any of the bitlocker recovery partitions I'm assuming I will need diskpart Bitlocker used accidentaly Recovery, clean to somehow rebuild the partitions using their exact size and locations on the disk before I can get anywhere I do not recall the exact sizes of the partitions I know the general size I don't have my recovery key but I do know my bitlocker password Would anyone be willing to help a poor soul out the data on the drive is irreplaceable as my last backup of the data was about months ago poor practice I know

A:Bitlocker Recovery, accidentaly used diskpart clean

One more note... I tried using m3 bitlocker recovery, lost partition option. It finds my two bitlocker partitions however when I click recover and enter my password I get a "data not found" message, even though the program displays the recovery status as good.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69001-bitlocker-recovery-accidentaly-used-diskpart-clean.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm encrypting a drive with BitLocker (its taking forever) and I want to shut down my PC. Can I press "Pause" on bitlocker and resume it when I start my computer back up?

A:Can I turn off computer when BitLocker is encrypting?

Hello Green elephant,

No. If you stop the encryption process, it will fail and you would have to start the process all over. You could also risk data loss if you just shut down.

It's best to let it finish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/322795-can-i-turn-off-computer-when-bitlocker-encrypting.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 57.62%

A friend asked to ubdate win7 to win10 on her computer and half way through, the updater asked to turn off bitlocker to proceed. A part of the hard drive is encrypted with it. She doesn't even know what it is, so she can't help with the password. Her sons also say that they don't know a thing about it, so I don't have a password. I googled it and read that it's possible to just turn off Bitlocker, but I couldn't find the place anywhere. Now I looked, that she has win 7 Home Premium, the OS was recently changed, is it possible that she previously had win 7 ultimate and with the OS changing the encrypted part stayed? But with home premium I can't turn it off, there's no place in control panel. I hope the story is understandable, what can I do? Can I disable bitlocker somehow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/396818-cant-turn-off-bitlocker.html
Relevancy 57.62%

A friend asked to ubdate win7 to win10 on her computer and half way through, the updater asked to turn off bitlocker to proceed. A part of the hard drive is encrypted with it. She doesn't even know what it is, so she can't help with the password. Her sons also say that they don't know a thing about it, so I don't have a password. I googled it and read that it's possible to just turn off Bitlocker, but I couldn't find the place anywhere. Now I looked, that she has win 7 Home Premium, the OS was recently changed, is it possible that she previously had win 7 ultimate and with the OS changing the encrypted part stayed? But with home premium I can't turn it off, there's no place in control panel. I hope the story is understandable, what can I do? Can I disable bitlocker somehow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/396818-cant-turn-off-bitlocker.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I just did a clean install on a notebook on which I've created multiple partitions.

I managed to get BitLocker to be able to turn on for the drive C:\ but I do not see an option on the rest of the partitions when I right-click.

Has anyone ever encountered such problems? I did some searches on Google which led me to methods that showed me how to turn on this and that, but all of them did not help at all. I need to get this done soon as I'll be starting college again and I do not want my roommates going through my stuff.

A:Cannot turn on BitLocker for my drives

It would help members to help you if you filled in your (My System Specs) Completely.
This tutorial by Brink will help you do this.

System Info - See Your System Specs

Exactly what Windows 7 do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379329-cannot-turn-bitlocker-my-drives.html
Relevancy 55.47%

We have users with admin access on their respective laptops, how shall I disable an option of suspend and Turn Off for users with admin access on their laptops?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34f8f19a-931f-424b-9be3-3d7a22b4d308/how-to-disable-bitlocker-suspend-and-turn-off-for-users?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 55.47%

I have recently acquired an ultra-portable Asus X205T with Windows 8.1 Bing (32 bit) on an eMMC. I am just now learning about something called "BitLocker," and it's apparently engaged on my machine. I never asked for this and have no "passwords" for such I'm aware of.

I have tried everything I've seen in the searches I've done, with respect to the directions, but I absolutely CANNOT turn off BitLocker. This is especially a problem because I can't create a system image backup of it, and this includes Office 2007 which I've activated. I'm guessing if I wipe the computer and reinstall 8.1 from the partition, I'm GUESSING there's a setting there I could change and it wouldn't install with Bitlocker, but then I'm having to reactivate Office 2007 and that may not "take" (I have no experience with that sort of thing).

Is wiping the computer and changing a setting at setup the only way to fix this?

A:Asus X205T With 8.1 Bing--I Cannot Turn Off Bitlocker

You can disable BitLocker with command in the Elevated Command Prompt.  But you will need to know what drive letter is assigned to the partition which the Windows operating system is installed on.  To determine this please do the following.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and choose Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

When the command prompt is opened copy and then paste the two commands one at a time in the command prompt followed by pressing Enter after each command.

diskpart

list volume

You should see an image similar to the one below.

Notice that Volume 1 drive letter is C and is listed as Boot.  This is the drive letter for the partition which the Windows operating system is installed on.

To disable BitLocker copy and paste the command below in the command prompt, then press Enter.  If your drive letter isn't C enter the letter which is listed as Boot.

PS C:\> Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint "C:" 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594626/asus-x205t-with-81-bing-i-cannot-turn-off-bitlocker/
Relevancy 55.04%

My specs are:
Dell Optiplex 7010
win 7 ultimate
C and D drive both of them are NTFS
TPM enabled
My problem is: when I am trying to activate bitlocker on drive C, I am getting error message that driver should be NTFS .(see error message screenshot)
Also the option to activate Bitlocker to go is not working/available.
Any ideas how fix this?
See screen shots:

A:cannot turn on bitlocker - windows 7 with tpm and NTFS - Optiplex 7010

Use the below tutorial to activate BitLocker to Go feature on your Windows PC:

Use BitLocker to Go to Protect Data of an External Hard Drive, USB or Flash Drive - Tech GuruTech Guru

Also, perhaps you can try using BitLocker for any other NTFS partitions and see if it works. Most probably, your windows should running Latest Windows 8/8.1 to encrypt bootable drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/345853-cannot-turn-bitlocker-windows-7-tpm-ntfs-optiplex-7010-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

"Turn on Bitlocker" not in context menu of the data drive.My OS drive have the option.

A:"Turn on Bitlocker" not in context menu

Hi, have you configured bitlocker on the data drive? If so is it just that it does not show on the right click context menu? to configure bitlocker:-

Scenario 2: Turning On BitLocker Drive Encryption on a Fixed or Removable Data Drive (Windows 7)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/turn-on-bitlocker-not-in-context-menu-639723.html
Relevancy 49.02%

"Turn on Bitlocker" not in context menu for the data drive,but OS have it

A:"Turn on Bitlocker" not in context menu

You could go to Control Panel > BitLocker. You should see all drives there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-on-bitlocker-not-in-context-menu.1048560/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have encrypted my USB drive in Windows 8 using BitLocker, but I noticed after unlocking it, it does not give me the option to "Turn BitLocker On"? Any ideas as to why that is?

A:"Turn BitLocker On" Issue

Hello Duane,

You would only see "Turn on BitLocker" if your turned off BitLocker instead of unlocking it.

When you unlock it, it will remain unlocked until you log off or restart the computer next, then it will be automatically locked again. If you like, you could use the tutorial below to lock the drive again without having to log off or restart the computer.

Bitlocker - Lock an Unlocked Drive - Windows 7 Forums

You should also be able to open "BitLocker Drive Encryption" in the Control Panel (icons view), and click on "Turn off auto-unlock" to lock it back.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/19240-turn-bitlocker-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi
After rebooting one of our test machines, bitlocker wanted the recovery key.
There were no hardware modifications on that machine.
Error message in event log:
Bootmgr failed to obtain the bitlocker volume master key from the TPM because the PCRs did not match
Event id 24635, source bitlocker-driver
 Each time the machine starts, the recovery key is needed.
Any idea how to solve that issue and why it happens?
update:
Second partition was created manually on that machine. So that's clear that bitlocker reacts...
But now: how can I confirm those changes so that the recovery key is not needed each time we boot?

A:Bitlocker enabled drive, recovery key needed during boot, PCS did not match, event id 24635, source bitlocker-driver

Hi,

I would like to confirm if BitLocker accepts the recovery key?

Please update the BIOS to improve the stability for TPM first.

I also would like to suggest you disable and enable BitLocker again to reset the settings.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd835565(WS.10).aspx

Regards,

Arthur Li
TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum
If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected]
 Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3088ad6-c7ee-44df-83ac-1c8ee6d3aac7/bitlocker-enabled-drive-recovery-key-needed-during-boot-pcs-did-not-match-event-id-24635-source?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello and good afternoon, I have a issue where a manager started the Bitlocker process on the SD card in his Surface Pro 3

with Windows 8.1. The Bitlocker attempt failed at 3.4% completed but the SD card ended up being Bitlocked without providing the Bitlocker Recovery Key (I've never seen this happen before). He doesn't know the password for the SD card and of course
I've been tasked to somehow release the encryption so that he can get the required information off of the SD card. 

Is there anything that can be done to release the encryption on the SD card or has the SD card been made non-accessible moving forward?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20f490f7-9c38-4b24-bd41-09e2cade87d2/unknown-bitlocker-password-and-no-bitlocker-recovery-key-question?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 47.73%

I tried using HP BIOS Flashing utility on my HP Z400 Workstation, and it says it can't continue because I have Bitlocker enabled, but I don't have bitlocker on Win 7 Professional 32bit. I don't see it on the control panel or in context menus. I do see it set to manual in "Services" but the service in not running. Is there a way to find drives Bitlocked or are my drives being treated as bitlocked because of my antivirus program AVG?

A:BIOS flash error, BITLOCKER on? No bitlocker installed, Win 7 Pro

In the services window is there and option to disable or turn off...there should be. Just change the startup type from manual to disable and reboot. Then try your BIOS update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/223341-bios-flash-error-bitlocker-no-bitlocker-installed-win-7-pro.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a bit of a strange issue with my and Fans Computer Turn Doesn't on, on Automatically Lights Some Turn computer Forgive me if I m a little too descriptive but I m not sure which details are relevant and which are not for such a problem First the specs Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically Model eMachines T Operating System Windows XP Service Pack Processor Intel Celeron Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically D Processor GHZ K L Cache MHZ FSB Power Supply Unit Bestec Model ATX- - E REV P Motherboard I can t tell but it appears to be an Intel motherboard by the number of Intel labels on it RAM MB DDR SD originally added GB a couple of months ago Let me know if you need anything else Yesterday I got home from shopping around PM and I tried to start the computer I pushed the power button and nothing happened I checked all of the cords and they were all plugged in Not knowing what else to do I opened up the case to see if there was something obviously wrong The only thing that I noticed other than a bunch of dust was that the power supply unit was still hot I shut the computer down about hours earlier after about minutes of use so it seemed strange that the power supply was still hot I unplugged the computer just in case there was some sort of fire hazard At this point I called a friend who suggested that the problem might be with the motherboard or the power supply unit A few hours later I plugged it back in to try to get it to work As soon as I plugged it in the entire unit suddenly started quot running quot by itself I had not pushed the power button yet All of the fans turned on and the light on the front that turns on if the computer is processing something turned on but it was not as if the computer was processing something If the computer is processing something it flickers and clicks a little This was just a solid light with no quot clicking quot I pushed the power button but it didn t turn blue as it usually does if it turns on In fact nothing changed After about a minute and a half the entire unit shut down again and I was not able to get it to do the same thing again When I tried unplugging it and plugging it in again I could hear the unit try to start up again for a second but it would fail again Last night I opened it up to clean out the dust I figured that could be an issue with overheating despite the fans I basically took it apart and put it back together again to no avail I did find one loose wire in the power supply unit When I plugged it in it would turn on lights and fans but not the computer itself as it did earlier in the day but nothing new happened I noticed that a red light would go on when the computer was quot running quot but it would go off as soon as everything else turned off A similar green light would stay on when the computer was plugged in no matter what I did The power supply unit was no longer hot The entire unit except for the green light would shut down after about a minute This morning I tried to get it to work again and it was doing the same thing as it was last night I bought it about years ago when it was being phased out and I was planning on getting a new computer soon anyway so it s not a big deal if it s too serious I d probably try to fix it if I could do so for under Otherwise I ll probably get a new one I didn t really have anything important that I hadn t backed up on there but I d like to save the hard drive if I could I m a novice when it comes to hardware so I d be a little nervous about replacing major components I ve installed RAM and that s about it until last night So the three big questions What s wrong How can I fix it Is it worth fixing nbsp

A:Computer Doesn't Turn on, Fans and Some Lights Turn on Automatically

I would suspect that the Power Supply Unit (PSU) is going south. If you have a spare one laying around, install it and see if the problem goes away.
You can buy a new,better PSU from Newegg for about $40.00. I have used a Thermaltake 430 watt in one of my machines for some time now and it works well.
You will have to check the size of your PSU to be sure a new one will fit into the eMachine.
Here's the page with that PSU on it. It's the last one on the list.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010320058+50001379&name=Thermaltake

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-turn-on-fans-and-some-lights-turn-on-automatically.624796/
Relevancy 46.87%

My BitLocker password is not working after format my c drive. instead i have my recovery that is also not working.
Please somebody help me to unlock my disk.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7662f6ba-6fe0-45f3-81df-0fc3ec6553f8/bitlocker-recovery-key-and-bitlocker-password-is-not-working?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 46.87%

I turned on Bitlocker on three new Windows 8.1 laptops and saved the 48-digit recovery keys and associated identifiers, but I forgot to indicate which laptops they are associated with. Is there any way to find the identifiers/recovery keys on my laptops so I can document this? Or do I have to decrypt the laptop drives, turn off Bitlocker, and start all over again to generate new identifiers/recovery keys? My only options under Manage Bitlocker are Suspend protection, Back up your recovery key, and Turn off BitLocker.

A:BitLocker Identifier generated after turning on Bitlocker

Hello Edwin, and welcome to Eight Forums.

No worries. If you should ever need to unlock to drive, it'll provide you with a recovery key ID number that you can use to ID which recovery key to use. The tutorial below can give you more details about this to help get an idea if ever needed.

BitLocker Recovery - Unlock a Drive in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/50584-bitlocker-identifier-generated-after-turning-bitlocker.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I accidentaly dragged a map (containing stuff) into D:\ATI MMC

This ATI MMC map seems to be protected so I can't get it out.
I can't even get into the map that I dragged into the ATI MMC map in the first place.

Long story short... help !

A:I accidentaly dragged into the ATI MMC map, now I can't get it out !

Please do not create duplicate threads for the same topic.

Closing duplicate.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t404471.html

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-accidentaly-dragged-into-the-ati-mmc-map-now-i-cant-get-it-out.404466/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just put together my first computer 6 months ago. It abruply shutdow in the middle of writing a paper for school. I couldn't turn it back on right away. after trying a few times, it turned on. All the fans are working even the fan on the power supply, the motherboards lights are on. My graphic card in on the motherboard. I think it might be my power supply because when I first put it together I didn't plug in the smaller power connection to the motherboard and the same thing is happening, black screen. It's like my computer isn't giving my monitor any feed. I will have more info when I get home. I can't get in to bios or safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutdown-doesnt-turn-on-right-away-when-it-does-turn-on-its-black.871317/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!
I have this issue that when I turn on my computer, the power LED does not turn on but you can hear the fans working properly. I don't the issue and I'm not much of an expert with computers. Please help me solve this issue because I'm completely clueless.

A:Try to turn on my computer but only the fans work and the power led does not turn on

How old is the computer, what was the last change you made to the computer and when you last shut it down did it shut down correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/try-to-turn-on-my-computer-but-only-the-fans-work-and-the-power-led-does-not-turn-on.56997/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello new to the forums if way file, .scr remove to ran Accidentaly a any it? I did something against the forum's guidelines im really sorry This all started when a friend was asking me to trade for an item in Steam didnt know Accidentaly ran a .scr file, any way to remove it? that he was a bot I downloaded the file and when I noticed where the website redirected me to download it I became suspicious of it Now the file is in the Downloads Folder unattended I decided to look into it I accidentally double-tapped my touchpad causing the scr file to launch Great mistake I then started to do what I usually do when I encounter this situations Run Avast Run MalwareBytes search here and then going into Safe Mode with Networking trying to look for WINLODR scr but nothing and even tried to do a system restore in an attempt to make the computer delete everything in the system As Windows told me it was running in System when I attempted to normally delete it Can anyone give help I tried Avast and MalwareBytes all giving me a all clear that theres no malware at all But im sure theres a malware since when I open Task Manager I look into Performance Tab and I see my Ethernet graph going really high when that was just when the Ethernet was still not plugged in and booting up is just slow as hell EDIT Right now im using the Infected Computer and noticed the only clues a malware is still in the computer is the high Ethernet usage even though no programs are still on that uses it And that whenever I boot up it takes like a minute just for the Login Screen to turn to Desktop and when I try to open the Side Taskbar I have Windows and select Search it disappears and won't even load the search bar The icons are the same aswell all looking like a blank sheet of paper icon

A:Accidentaly ran a .scr file, any way to remove it?

Since I didn't know its not ideal to bump in here, ill just edit it with another symptom im witnessing; After I do a System Restore on my PC, and I am done booting up, I realized my Avast wasnt online, and it took awhile to get it back up working. And also for some aparrent reason my 60GB SATA wasn't working until I have to delete the cache files on it, could it be work of a malware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584191/accidentaly-ran-a-scr-file-any-way-to-remove-it/
Relevancy 46.01%

I believe I accidentaly started some Accidentaly started trojan kind of trojan My Bitdefender doesn t start anymore Please help me get rid of Accidentaly started trojan it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C xampp apache bin apache exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL WINCCFLEXIBLE Binn sqlservr exe C xampp apache bin apache exe C xampp mysql bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files Siemens Step S BIN s asysvx exe C Program Files Common Files Siemens S IEPG s oiehsx exe C Program Files Common Files Siemens sws almsrv almsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL WINCCFLEXIBLE Binn sqlagent EXE C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Siemens SIMATIC WinCC flexible WinCC flexible HmiSmartStart exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot reg O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run AccelerometerSysTrayApplet C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SbUsb AudCtrl RunDll sbusbdll dll RCMonitor O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O -... Read more

A:Accidentaly started trojan

Additional observations:

- something has taken control of my wireless connection because I cannot configure it with Windows Wireless Zero Configuration anymore.

- safe mode also does not work. But I'm not sure if it worked before infection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentaly-started-trojan.573387/
Relevancy 46.01%

turned it off by bumping the on/off on the power strip. I turned it back on with the power strip then pushed on power button on the server, did I mess it up ?
badly ? the monitor had a message about the power being off.

thanks

Brad324

A:accidentaly turned off a server

So did the server boot back up OK? Were you in the process of copying files or backing up the server when it lost power? Your question is very vague.....Is the Server not working properly now?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentaly-turned-off-a-server.387859/
Relevancy 46.01%

I, being the royal clumsy jerk I am, accidentally terminated the RPC protocol on my grandfather's computer...
I terminated it using process explorer.exe from pctools, and... well... Blam.
Gave me the 30 seconds heads-up that the computer will shut-down, and I went down to the shut down button myself on the start menu...
Now, when I try to boot it...

All I get is the Big Blue DELL font and the loading bar, then a big black screen with a flashing white line on the top left corner...
Now what?

A:Accidentaly terminated the RPC on my system

Hi, don't worry we all make mistaked we just learn from them. When your pc is starting (booting) can keep pressing f8 repeatedly or f5, start with f8 first, then this should load the advance boot options, in here choose last known good configuration, if this still doesn't work then try safe mode.

If safe mode does work then you need to go to services.msc and enable RPC server again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accidentaly-terminated-the-rpc-on-my-system-379072.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was trying to apply a theme but for some reason windows wouldn't let me rename my original explorer exe file so i can back it up But i couldn't So i heard that windows has a hidden admin account So opened up Command prompt with admin rights and typed in the command quot net user administrator active yes quot after i did it was a success so i switched users but no new account was to be seen just the usual accounts SO i went back on my account and opened command prompt again and entered the following command quot net user administrator active no I account Accidentaly my disabled quot windows finished installing updates and it asked me to restart so i did and to my surprise my account was no longer on the log in screen which means that my account that i have been using was the suppose hidden account just the other These other accounts are for my family and they both are standard accounts so they dont have admin rights and now i have no way of re enabling my account I hope someone can help

A:I Accidentaly disabled my account

When there are no other administrative accounts on the system the built-in Administrator account may become enabled by entering Safe Mode to see if Administrator appears on the Welcome Screen. If it does, log in and create an administrative account for elevation and emergency purposes.

If Administrator doesn't appear on the Welcome Screen, enable it by booting into Windows 7 installation DVD, choose Repair your computer on second screen, select Command Prompt, type:

net user administrator /active:yes [enter]

Remove the DVD, reboot the computer, and log into the built-in Administrator account.

If you don't have a Windows 7 installation DVD try the System Recovery Options accessed by tapping the F8 key at boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/158534-i-accidentaly-disabled-my-account.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i'm new here and this is my first post now let me tell you why i HAD to post this well i accidentaly deleted everything in my c windows inf folder yes EVERYTHING why because i was trying to reduce the size of the windows folder now since the folder holds all the basic Deleted .inf Accidentaly files! drivers and all i think so i deleted them because i had XP Accidentaly Deleted .inf files! running for quite some time now and i believe all the drivers that i required would've already been installed by now It was after a day when i tried to plug in my Accidentaly Deleted .inf files! USB kingston DT that it failed to recognise it and in the manage section it's shown as other devices the reason was that i had actually reloaded my OS the day b how could i forget so now i don't hve any inf files is there anyway that i can get all of them back the sites offer inf downloads for one at a time but that would take too long Is there anyway i can get them from the windows CD itself btw i tried pointing the driver search Accidentaly Deleted .inf files! to the I folder but it still didn't come up with any drivers I'd really appreciate your help Thank you PLs don't tell me that i'll hve to re-install doze again

A:Accidentaly Deleted .inf files!

Hello harshytkage

If it was my system I would just reinstall to make sure it was perfect, especially since a reinstall has just been done and there is nothing to lose.

You could try running "System file Check"

Start/Run and type in
sfc /scannow (there is a space before /)
OK

sfc will run, but will not give you any report at the end, it just closes. You have to check if any problems have been fixed.

You will need your XP installation CD for this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accidentaly-deleted-inf-files-336879.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I went to use my computer I noticed that on Steam I had a message that a friend of one of my steam friends wanted to trade with me and he linked to the person's profile I didn't notice that the url was quot http steawommunity com quot and of course when it asked me to download and run a helper tool to verify my identity I ran it because it seemed like a sensible improvement over the stupid mandatory email verification Five seconds later I noticed the misspelling and moved the file to the trash but I think it was too late Windows defender quick scan didn't find anything and spybot scanning of the file itself showed it to be clean But spybot refuses to do a system scan closing immediately I had just installed it so maybe I checked a wrong setting Windows Defender is still Aw I malware crud I accidentaly ran think doing a full system scan What the hell did I run I uploaded it to kapersky virus reporting but they haven't told me the results yet

A:Aw crud I think I accidentaly ran malware

Why don't you try Malwarebytes ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/57654-aw-crud-i-think-i-accidentaly-ran-malware.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I got an error i attempted to repair with the windows disk by pressing R at the screen to repair it. i sucessfully extracted the missing file, restarted, but for some reason it started installing windows again.

nothing was erased, except for the files that setup overwrote, and all my previous data, user folders and stuff is on the hard drive. is there any way i can link all that information to the current instalation of windows? or do i have to format and start all over?

A:accidentaly installed windows over itself

anyone?

the info is still there, nothing was erased, windows just doesnt know its there, know what i mean?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-installed-windows-over-itself.40844/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, i accidentaly unistall atheros, now i dont have wireless conection, i know i can install it again but do not how. I have a HP G60 notebook PC.
Im currently studying abroad with a hostfamily and i dont even know how to conmect my laptop to the Ethernet cable (im on my iphone)
Please!!! I need help

A:I accidentaly UNISTALL ATHEROS, how i INSTALL it again? HELP PLEASE

You can download your from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...riesId=3768345

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/261374-i-accidentaly-unistall-atheros-how-i-install-again-help-please.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey, im not good with computers and accidentaly deleted rundll32. Does anyone know where i can download this again completely free of charge because every site i try i have to register and pay to get it fixed. I really would appreciated help because i can't even open my control panel!Please Help me!

A:Accidentaly deleted rundll32 ! Help needed!

Hello Confussed and welcome to BC.I'm going to assume you are using XP. If you have an XP CD you can Extract that file from there. Put your XP CD in the drive and go to Start>Run and type in:sfc /scannowJust like that with the space. XP will inspect the file system and correct or replace files as needed.More info here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30139/accidentaly-deleted-rundll32-help-needed/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have tried everything I think, but obviously not.
Cannot open TPM, pop up tells me I do not Have at least 1.2. Cannot open Bit locker until I complete TPM wizard and assign myself as administrator??. then I can open Bit locker and proceed to encrypt my hard drive??
Is there a download for 1.2++ or is it a hardware addition..
Bob Dutton

A:Cannot activate BitLocker or TPM in my computer running win 10 pro

Originally Posted by rdutton007

I have tried everything I think, but obviously not.
Cannot open TPM, pop up tells me I do not Have at least 1.2. Cannot open Bit locker until I complete TPM wizard and assign myself as administrator??. then I can open Bit locker and proceed to encrypt my hard drive??
Is there a download for 1.2++ or is it a hardware addition..
Bob Dutton

Does the specifications for the computer say it supports TPM?
Windows Trusted Platform Module Management Step-by-Step Guide

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/38596-cannot-activate-bitlocker-tpm-my-computer-running-win-10-pro.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Everyone I have intresting situation that BitLocker encryption breaks computer started quite some time ago but now it s time to fix it We are using MBAM in our environment and BitLocker encryption breaks computer SCCM to publish windows to computers So far everything is working I have not found correct or good solution to deploy BitLocker in TaskSequence All manuals are a bit different So what I did is I have GPO managing BitLocker requirement I will just install MBAM client SP to computers and when user will get computer then after couple of hours MBAM client will require to insert PIN and it will start to encrypt the drive So everything works as I want I like that users can insert their BitLocker encryption breaks computer own PIN and it s not preinserted by administrator nbsp Problem is now when computer finish the encryption process and you restart computer After that computer is asking PIN code which is correct and after that it starts Windows Repairing And it s not possible to use any repair method Reset Restore Startup repair etc - so only option is to format computer I have noticed that if you encrypt drive before Windows patches then it will survive restart if it s working then it s working but if computer will get patches and then you will restart the computer then no use - format nbsp What can cause the issue and how to fix it Or maybe there is a good manual how to use MBAM BL in SCCM TS correctly if I m doing it wrong nbsp Br

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f8cac174-cb81-4042-b968-bb43df8b490b/bitlocker-encryption-breaks-computer?forum=MBSA
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, I had a 2TB harddrive that was encrypted with bitlocker.
The other day I started decrypting it and at about 30% the computer shutdown cause of automatic updates..
Now when I start the computer with the harddrive on the computer is super slow and I cant access the bitlocker window. As soon as I disconnect the drive the computer runs as its suppose to. I've let the computer stay on for 2 days straight trying to get
the bitlocker window to respond, but it doesnt work.

Any ideas how I can recover from this?

I don't have the recovery key, as I was stupid enough to save it on the encrypted drive!

Thanks in advance // pyth3r

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/24fe6a0b-4c5c-4030-8bda-b4566b7b96f4/bitlocker-decryption-computer-shutdown?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I have windows 7  and used bitlocker to encrypt four drive on my computer except C. Now on Click or right click on drive E say drive must be format.
Please help me to recover my drive. Data on it is very impotant.
Thanks
Soks Sia

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5875fca4-bf7a-46cc-8c83-d091e9ba1ffd/one-of-four-drive-in-my-computer-with-bitlocker-say-must-be-format?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 45.15%

wont run anymore. Help? I need it for the printer so yeah. Its in the system 32 folder with its other files and I click it to run but it doesnt and its not showing up under processes on the task manager.

A:Err I accidentaly deleted spoolsv.exe and recovered it from the recycle bin and it...

perhaps try a restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/err-i-accidentaly-deleted-spoolsv-exe-and-recovered-it-from-the-recycle-bin-and-it.218532/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I am new to this forum and id like to say hello.

Last night I was getting all my files together on a external hard drive WD 1.5 TB

This morning once it all was complete I was going to format my other HD but accidently clicked format on the one everything was on...years and years of all my stuff :(

I noticed it was the wrong HD in about 2 seconds and just unplugged its power and usb cable. Idk if this is important but this is an external HD.

What is the best method of recovery? What program should I use? Is there a free one that could do the job?

Oh also when I plugged the external HD back in...it was like you must format this hd before you can use it..

Thank you all for help in advance :)

I really hope I can recover all my files.

A:PLEASE HELP-I accidentaly clicked Format on wrong HD ( Moved )

Hi,

Use partition find and mount to try and get it back Partition Find and Mount — free partition recovery software on a hdd that size it may take a few hours but if its only had a format and nothing else has been put on it since then this should get the partition back.

My brother did exactly the same thing last week , so I told him 2 run this and it found the partitions which were formatted and he got everything back.

let me know how you get on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/solved-please-help-i-accidentaly-clicked-format-on-wrong-hd-604092.html
Relevancy 45.15%

What is the best and fastest free method of recovering about 300 GB of data?
Data is movies, music and pics.
I have not written ANY other files to the drive, I realized my mistake 10 seconds AFTER the delete.
Any help greatly appreciated.

External drive is connected by e-sata.

A:Accidentaly deleted folder from external drive

Suggest this free software that I tend to use:

Lazesoft Recovery Suite Free, Free Windows System Recovery, Free Data Recovery, Free Windows Password Recovery, Free Disk Clone

Install and run the data recovery wizard.

Perhaps wait for more suggestions before downloading and installing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/331633-accidentaly-deleted-folder-external-drive.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So yeah I was having some BSOD problems and enabled the driver verifier for all drivers no less without really knowing what I was getting into Needless to say I now BSOD and immediately restart long before verifier enabled Accidentaly(kinda) driver getting into Windows and I'm not given the opportunity to even enter safe mode It's saying quot The IO Manager has detected a violation by the driver being verified quot etc though it's not naming a driver file At any rate I'm just interested in getting back into Windows so at the moment I'm simply looking to disable it I have a startup disk which I have used to enter the recovery console where I in turn went into command prompt Using verifier exe I was able to bring the application up again However that one doesn't actually seem to be active I assume this is because running it in the recovery console checks the recovery console registry whatever instead of that of the windows installation on the boot drive I think I'm at the point where I'll need to manually edit Accidentaly(kinda) enabled driver verifier the registry to deactivate the driver verifier which I'm Accidentaly(kinda) enabled driver verifier not entirely sure how to do given the circumstances I haven't tried using regedit yet but I suspect that would just default to the recovery program's registry anyway Besides I don't know which key it is So now that I have a command prompt what do I do next

A:Accidentaly(kinda) enabled driver verifier

Did you set a restore point first?

If so use the recovery disk and restore the point set just before enabling Verifier, if not see if there is an older one set.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/accidentaly-kinda-enabled-driver-verifier-662858.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When I plugin my Hard drive and try to browse it I get an Access Denied message.
How can I allow it?
I have tried the manage exclusions and am not able ot select the external drive, it just browses the files on the drive through my PC tools spyware Doctor. Which is what I Blocked it with.

A:Blocked External Hard drive on XP, Accidentaly

If PC tools spyware doctore is blocking access, just uninstall it. Then if you need it, re-install it again later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blocked-external-hard-drive-on-xp-accidentaly.953458/
Relevancy 45.15%

PPLLEEAASSEE HELP! I deleted the windows partition while installing Ubuntu linux for multiboot, but did not apply any changes. My data and mbr are sitll in tact, but how can i reconstruct it and make my hd bootable??

A:I accidentaly deleted the windows partition w/o formatting!

you could read up and try this - http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-lost-partition.htm

or free software
http://www.download.com/3120-2001_4-0-1-0.html?qt=partition+recovery&author=&titlename=&desc=&dlcount=&daysback=&swlink=&gfiletype=&os=&li=49&dlsize=&ca=
hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-accidentaly-deleted-the-windows-partition-w-o-formatting.510522/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ive accidentaly deleted/disabled admin account throught standart user.
Now I cant get it back, so I cant run anything which needs admin right, even enabling admin account
What now? I wanted to format partition and install windows again, but another problem, I get error that windows install process cannot find drivers for my dvd rom! LOL! but windows was already booted from that dvd. wtf. please help

A:Ive accidentaly deleted/disabled admin account

There is no way you made any change to the admin account if you were only logged in as a standard user. Please explain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41374-ive-accidentaly-deleted-disabled-admin-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

While uninstalling Motorola Phone Tools, I inadvertently denied access to Avanquest during the UAC prompt, and now I can't uninstall the program.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
TOSHIBA Satellite P745 (purchased 4/2012)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
6.00 GB RAM
64-bit operating system
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Webroot Secure Anywhere Internet Security Plus
Internet Access: Datacard modem 512 kbps (Central America)

A:Accessing a program accidentaly denied at UAC prompt

Install the program again and then uninstall again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-a-program-accidentaly-denied-at-uac-prompt.1095875/
Relevancy 45.15%

SOLVED - see last post My query is regarding a brand new i sixth generation computer with Windows Professional including all the Windows upgrades and a new Samsung SSD hard-drive The reason I bought Windows Professional was for the on not password Bitlocker does Installed start-up! ask for computer full hard-drive encryption provided by Bitlocker in case my computer gets Installed Bitlocker does not ask for password on computer start-up! lost or stolen as has happened to me previously However I have an ongoing problem with it and can't find a solution anywhere I have tried to telephone Microsoft's telephone support several times but it has been beyond a joke with their outsource staff in far-flung countries with poor English claiming Windows Professional does not have the option of Bitlocker or any form of encryption to all kinds of other absurdities Whenever I start my computer it does not ask me to enter a Bitlocker username or password I am asked for the Windows password but as everyone knows those are not totally secure and do no protect hard-drive data access Also in the Bitlocker section in Control Panel I am not giving the option to edit a Bitlocker password even though that option exists in all the other Installed Bitlocker does not ask for password on computer start-up! screenshots I have seen on the web How can I set my computer up to present me with a Bitlocker password on boot-up My system does say my hard-drive is encrypted but how Installed Bitlocker does not ask for password on computer start-up! can I certain of that if there is not even password protection Here is what I see in my Windows Control Panel gt Bitlocker section I note the warning message about rights being restricted to the system adminstrator but I am the system adminstrator and have double-checked that I have even gone to the extent of re-installing my Windows from scratch and setting up Bitlocker again but am experiencing the same issue Thanks a million for your help

A:Installed Bitlocker does not ask for password on computer start-up!

You can't change the bitlocker key and it would be impractical to enter it (it is 8 blocks of 6 numbers). This is the number you have to enter to unlock your drive to access it if it isn't unlocked by normal methods. This would prevent someone taking your disk out and being able to read it which can be done very easily if you don't have bitlocker enabled (which you do).

Your recovery key is on the USB you saved it to when you enabled bitlocker (if you saved it to USB) or here RecoveryKey if you saved it to your OneDrive.

What you can do is chose if what is required to unlock your drive when you boot (whether you need a pin, password, usb key). This is changed under gpedit.msc

There is a tutorial here somewhere - I'll see if I can find it. In the meantime what model of computer do you have exactly? Does it have a TPM (Trusted Platform Model) chip?

EDIT: Here is a windows 8 tutorial BitLocker - Turn On or Off for OS Drive in Windows 8

It is much the same except Windows 10 (version 1511 and later) allow stronger XTS-AES encryption - again set in gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration > Admisistrative Templates > Windows Componenets > Bitlocker Drive Encryption > Choose drive encryption method and cipher strength (Windows 10 [Version 1511] and later)

The separate bitlocker password is for non OS drives - see here BitLocker - Turn On for Fixed Data Drives in Windows 8 or BitLocker - Turn On for Removable Data Drives in Windows 8

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/30179-installed-bitlocker-does-not-ask-password-computer-start-up.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I enabled BitLocker last night. The computer understandably went incredibly slowly because of the heavy disk utilization while it was encrypting my drives. I let it run overnight, but this morning it still hadn't completed my boot SSD (120GB). My SSHD data drive (1TB) completed just fine. The SSD was at 85.4% complete at 10am, and at 1pm that had gone to 85.6%.

The computer is so slow as to be unusable. I managed to get a program installed (took an hour and a half) to check the SSD, it reported no problems. Windows system log shows no errors other than a TON of services that won't start. Task Manager shows no heavy use of any resource.

What could be the problem? Why is it taking so long to encrypt my SSD, and why is the computer unusable when supposedly no resource is being heavily utilized?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/43545-bitlocker-made-computer-unusable-slow.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've secured a USB drive connected to my Win7 computer using BitLocker from my login. I want all other users of the computer to be locked out of the drive, however it seems that they're automatically granted access.  Even if I disconnect
the drive for the other users, and then reconnect it for my user, everyone gets access.
Am I doing something wrong?  How do I use BitLocker to lock out some users on my computer but not others?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8d2b1d9a-e095-4fff-9228-6487a9588dc1/use-bitlocker-to-allow-drive-access-for-only-one-users-of-my-computer?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a gateway computer I bought in dec 2002. Anyway in Jan I bought vista ultimate and it ran fine until for some reason it decided to not start up.. no power to anything. the computer went to "sleep" one night and wouldn't start up.

That's not why I'm here though. I had 5+ years of files, pictures, and family videos on the 2 hard drives which I think are now locked with bitlocker. I tried installing them as secondary hard drives in the new computer, and the computer thinks they are blank and wants to format them. Am I correct in thinking they are locked? If they are, is there any way to get my files back?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I have a drive that I'm trying to retrieve data from and I have the recovery key. It's hooked up to another Win7 64 bit OS and while Windows sees the drive, Bitlocker CP doesn't and therefore is not asking for the recovery key to unlock it.

When I double click it in explorer it just tells me it needs to be formatted.

When the drive was in its own computer, it was stuck in startup repair. Diags returned a HDD error code but I was still able to unlock in natively to run the startup repair.

Any tips or workarounds here or is the hardware damage preventing me from unlocking it on another computer? The only reason I haven't tossed it is because I am able to unlock it when booting from it using the recovery key. So why won't it let me when it's hooked up to another machine with Bitlocker?

A:Bitlocker encrypted drive hooked up to another computer

Hello Uebersoldat, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if you may be able to recover the contents of the drive using the method below with another hard drive of equal size or larger to copy to.

BitLocker Repair Tool - Recover Drive in Windows 7 and 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/323174-bitlocker-encrypted-drive-hooked-up-another-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Initially I found that BitLocker on the Go supported removable media like flash drives and external drives. Why isn't a CD/DVD supported since it is considered removable media? Will this support be available in future releases?

A:Will BitLocker or BitLocker on the Go ever support CD/DVD encryption?

Hi,

Bitlocker to Go is not supported on CD/DVD. Your suggestion is valuable, I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel.
Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team will take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Currently, you may need third party software to encrypt CD/DVD.

Best Regards,
Niki

Niki Han
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45418a1b-e8da-44f4-bfcc-c143e7f491dd/will-bitlocker-or-bitlocker-on-the-go-ever-support-cddvd-encryption?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 44.72%

i accidentaly shift deleted (thats permant delete fwiw) my photo folder (large folder tons of shots) - is there any way possible for me to recover it - desperation is setting in

A:Accidentaly Shift Deleted Photo Folder - Recovery Possible???

You could try some of these freeware programs Easus Data Recovery or Recuva they are pretty good

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198419-accidentaly-shift-deleted-photo-folder-recovery-possible.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

My internet stopped working all of a sudden and I tried uninstalling wireless network adapters and then reinstalling network adapter again.But, for some reason I was unable to reinstall wireless network adapter and due to this I don't have internet connection as I was using wireless connection.

Now, due to no internet access my laptop is not installing updates and I am unable to install new wireless adapter.

Please advise!

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Uninstalled wireless network adapter accidentaly

I would suggest connecting it directly to the modem or router so you can download the proper drivers for your wireless adapter and get the windows updates. You could also download the drivers from another machine and use a thumb drive to copy to the machine with the wifi issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-uninstalled-wireless-network-adapter-accidentaly-687468.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I believe I accidentaly started some kind of trojan My Bitdefender doesn't start anymore Please help me get rid of - bitdefender trojan work started some doesn't I accidentaly it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C xampp apache bin apache exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft I accidentaly started some trojan - bitdefender doesn't work SQL Server MSSQL WINCCFLEXIBLE Binn sqlservr exe C xampp apache I accidentaly started some trojan - bitdefender doesn't work bin apache exe C xampp mysql bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files Siemens Step S BIN s asysvx exe C Program Files Common Files Siemens S IEPG s oiehsx exe C Program Files Common Files Siemens sws almsrv almsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL WINCCFLEXIBLE Binn sqlagent EXE C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Siemens SIMATIC WinCC flexible WinCC flexible HmiSmartStart exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C PROGRA MICROS wcescomm exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot reg O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run AccelerometerSysTrayApplet C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SbUsb AudCtrl RunDll sbusbdll dll RCMonitor O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe... Read more

A:I accidentaly started some trojan - bitdefender doesn't work

Additional observations:

- something has taken control of my wireless connection because I cannot configure it with Windows Wireless Zero Configuration anymore.

- safe mode also does not work. But I'm not sure if it worked before infection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-accidentaly-started-some-trojan-bitdefender-doesnt-work-156549.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My internet explorer is broken.
When i type in a website, and hit enter or click Go, it says
Quote:

The specified module could not be found.

This also happens when i click a link on a site that opens in a popup. Also, when i go to favorites and click a page, nothing opens.

I use firefox mainly, but I need internet explorer for windows update, and certain website that need IE.

Also, I cant uninstall IE7. Refer to this thread [ here ]to see whats wrong with my IE (im having the same problem as that thread starter, Aeuzent)

A:Broken internet explorer (this is accidentaly in the windows xp thread too)

THat is why they call it a BETA test and tell folks not to install it on their primary machines. I keep a "testbed" machine I do not mind messing up and reinstalling everything on for beta material.

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/un...uter-6196.html

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenotes/

Quote:

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
# Click ?Start,? and then click ?Control Panel.?
# Click ?Add or Remove Programs.?
# Check ?Show Updates? at the top of the dialog box.
# Scroll down the list to ?Windows XP ? Software Updates,? select ?Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,? and then click "Change/Remove."
# If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview -- March 20 or later, it is no longer necessary to check "Show Updates."

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run
%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe .
You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.

That should be spuninst.exe. not spuninst.e xe.
Not sure why it is doing that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/broken-internet-explorer-this-is-accidentaly-in-the-windows-xp-thread-too-94482.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Mr/Ms
I
flash
drive encrypted
with BitLocker 
I used
this
driver for three months my computer is broken I bought a new computer    when i was try my flash disk new computer its give me this  problem 
BitLocker Drive Encryption failed to recover from an abruptly terminated conversion. This could be due to either all conversion logs being corrupted or the media being write-protected
? know my passworrd but I do not know
the BitLocker
recovery key what can i do know pls some one help me 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b934d42-80e9-4cce-86cb-fccf1fe783de/windows-7-bitlocker-password-problem-bitlocker-drive-encryption-failed-to-recover-from-an?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
We have our laptops encrypted with Bitlocker, but are not using MBAM. For most workstations everything works fine, the Recovery Key is written into AD as it should, but every once in a while we run into the issue that the Recovery Key in AD was not updated
- or is not there at all. I did search for hints on the Internet, but wasn't successful finding something about why this could be happening - and without knowing that it is nearly impossible to try to prevent it from happening again.
Is there anybody who could point me into the proper direction? It doesn't happen too often, but WHEN it happens, it's really bad...
Thanks in advance!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ae2e9fdf-7942-4dec-8d0c-3aecbaa963b6/bitlocker-for-some-workstations-not-writing-recovery-key-to-ad-computer-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi It has been a week since I lost access to my data partition I have searched a lot to get solution but to no avail I hope someone will have some idea how to fix this I upgraded to win pro and decided to use bitlocker on my data partition D Bitlocker reached in few hours and then it stop progressing I waited for two days before I started worrying At this point in to am use 84% or computer. 10 Bitlocker Unable Stuck turnoff win my Pro. at I pause, the computer is uselessly slow to the point it will take - minute for me to open anything I found out that the cpu and memory is not used a lot but the hard disk is at usage I opened command com with elevated privilege nbsp and tried to pause bitlocker Bitlocker Stuck at 84% in win 10 Pro. I am Unable to pause, turnoff or use my computer. but it did not work I also tried to turn off bitlocker on that partition but that did not work either These are some of the commands that I used in admi mode manage-bde -pause D manage-bde -off D The next thing that I tried is I shutdown the computer using the power off button I took the risk nbsp When window start again that partition was locked but now at-least I Bitlocker Stuck at 84% in win 10 Pro. I am Unable to pause, turnoff or use my computer. can use my pc I can see the partition but I can not access it but if I unlock it using the password bitlocker continue encrypting starting where it left an my pc becomes unusable again Every thing becomes like toooo slow nbsp To recap this is where I Bitlocker Stuck at 84% in win 10 Pro. I am Unable to pause, turnoff or use my computer. am Even though the encryption is not finished I have the option to unlock the partition after I forcefully shutdown and turn on the PC by using the power button I have nbsp a working password and recovery Key As soon as I enter the password to unlock the partition it gets unlocked and encryption continues but it would not pass and the system becomes dead slow again I used password when I encrypt this partition I have a working password and recovery file key I thought bitlocker faced some bad sectors with error even though it did not generate any message about bad sectors I decided to run chkdsk from command prompt I restarted the PC with my win pro recovery cd and tried to run nbsp chkdsk from command prompt quot chkdsk D r quot It gave me some error message saying window can't perform chkdsk on raw partition or some thing like that What I need to do I need to stop bitlocker from trying to continue encryption so that either I could turn off bitlocker on that partition so that all my files are decrypted and never touch bitlocker again - nbsp or I could pause bitlocker for a while and the partition stays unlocked and the PC becomes usable enough for me to copy all files on D partition to external drive and then I could delete the partition or reformat it As I have said in the beginning I have tried to pause and turnoff nbsp bitlocker from elevated command prompt before by using manage-bde -pause D manage-bde -off D to no avail The command get executed but nothing changes I know bitlocker is not paused because the PC will remain unusable I also know bitlocker is not turned-off because I still can see the encryption process I have not tried bitlocker recovery app yet because I don't think It is relevant to my case If anybody thinks that is the way to go please let me know Please let me know if you need further information D Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45f8eec6-6dc2-4fe2-9178-34ec8ec2560b/bitlocker-stuck-at-84-in-win-10-pro-i-am-unable-to-pause-turnoff-or-use-my-computer?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 43.86%

after serching all night to find out why his computer is in limbo i leave my brother s house without finding needed help his computer won t turn off a turn won't computer or to her when what's on? off, turn do girl the fan a couple little what's a girl to do when her computer won't turn off, or turn on? lights until he unplugs it from the wall first the computer did a restart all by itself he said then it would not turn on except the fan and little lights inside that won t turn off he took out the hard drive and it functions in his other computer he puts the hard drive back into the new computer and it will not turn on or completely turn off that fan he tried the quot hold the on off button for at least five seconds quot step and nothing changes he has had the computer for a year and a half so he really wants to figure this out how can he even get it to turn on so he could do a safe start up so far we cannot find a way to troubleshoot he have checked the cords perhaps there was a freeze up that began this loop and that s why the fan stays on please say this is something you have heard of and there may be a solution the advice we have found usually goes back to buying a new computer thanks in advance tea nbsp

A:what's a girl to do when her computer won't turn off, or turn on?

Welcome to TechSpot

I'd unplug all drives and add-on cards (such as soundcard if there is one), and try booting then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-girl-to-do-when-her-computer-wont-turn-off-or-turn-on.46881/
Relevancy 42.57%

The windows 10 Pro computer has died, and I would like to put the in my new computer with windows 10 home.   I would like to remove the bit locker password,  so I can reinstall windows 10 pro while keeping my files and apps,  
I'm unable to do this while the drive is encrypted.  How do I remove drive encryption from the drive while I have the drive slaved to a windows 10 home computer? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/63829d9f-96d4-4c53-8e58-151df0b41dc7/remove-bitlocker-i-have-a-drive-with-windows-10-pro-that-has-bitlocker-drive-encryption?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to enable BitLocker on a Windows Ultimate x system with TPM be Bitlocker: could BitLocker enabled not I follow the Wizard and when asked to encrypt the drive I select 'Run BitLocker system check' and 'Continue' see attached sreenshot The USB is inserted and contains the recovery key txt and tpm During reboot I get Windows BitLocker Drive Bitlocker: BitLocker could not be enabled Encryption Information The system boot information has changed since BitLocker was enabled You must supply a BitLocker recovery password to start this system Confirm that the boot changes to this system are authorized If the changes to the boot system are trusted then disable and re-enable BitLocker This will reset BitLocker to use the new boot information Otherwise restore the system boot information ENTER Continue Bitlocker: BitLocker could not be enabled Windows then continues to start normally After login I get an error message BitLocker could not be enabled see attached screenshot When I check TMP it shows as active Bitlocker: BitLocker could not be enabled initialized and owned I've started out from scratch several times - same results I can't figure out what the problem is This is driving me nuts Any help appreciated Thanks

A:Bitlocker: BitLocker could not be enabled

BIOS: A06
DELL: d420
Hard drive: System reserved 100MB NTFS, 27.84GB NTFS

TPM
Manufacturer name: BRCM
Manufacturer version: 2.10
Specification version: 1.2

I've since modified the group policy settings for Bitlocker to use a PIN.
I am still getting the same results.
I follow the wizard, select check the system, reboot, enter PIN, get the same "error" messages as shown in my previous post.

This makes no sense.

Any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/143375-bitlocker-bitlocker-could-not-enabled.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Just got a new to me P computer up and running Sometimes during star up it does not recognize the PS keyboard Which makes it hard to go into my password protected it turn won't off, won't and on Computer turn either User ID When trying Computer won't turn off, and it won't turn on either to shut down it will keep a few things running like some fans and the CD drive But it does not sound like the Hard Drive is spinning If I use the XP to shutdown it goes into this limbo stage of neither off nor on same goes for the power button Computer won't turn off, and it won't turn on either on the front of the computer It will either start up the computer or turn it to the limbo mode Upon starting up I can use the mouse to get it all the way into a non password protected XP users screen but can t do anything without the keyboard working In the process of setting up I have had everything working earlier today but this keyboard and limbo status has been an intermitent problem What should I try Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-turn-off-and-it-wont-turn-on-either.599987/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone,

While turning on my computer the it turns on, fans are starting to move, but screen won't turn on, and the beep of the bios is not heard.

pressing the sleep/reset button next to the turn-on button computer goes off, pressing it again turns on the computer without any problem. (now I'm working with the same computer) i thought maybe it's the power supply that gives me problem but changed between computers, this still gives me trouble and other computer works good (besides its many problems ). any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance
Chaim.

BTW, while trying to write this thread I got all this terms that i didn't know how to call in English, like power supply - is that the box which connects to the power and to all the m-board and drives? is there an English computer terms dictionary?

A:Turn-on won't turn on my computer...

try wikipepdia for translations or google

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-on-wont-turn-on-my-computer.875167/
Relevancy 40.42%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I have a problem with windows XP. Everytime I turn off my computer by clicking on "turn off computer," I receive an error message popup that states "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed." After that pop-up message, the computer freezes for about a minute and goes back to its normal format (desktop) and the computer DOES NOT TURN OFF.

How do I turn off my computer without unplugging the computer? I try "ctrl+alt+del" to go to the windows task manager to "shut down" the computer but..the computer restarts again and doesnt turn off. Do I have a virus or a windows explorer problem? and how do i fix it? thank you

A:WINDOWS EXPLORER error and computer cannot turn off without plugging the computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-error-and-computer-cannot-turn-off-without-plugging-the-computer.664542/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I have a problem with windows XP. Everytime I turn off my computer by clicking on "turn off computer," I receive an error message popup that states "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed." After that pop-up message, the computer freezes for about a minute and goes back to its normal format (desktop) and the computer DOES NOT TURN OFF.

How do I turn off my computer without unplugging the computer? I try "ctrl+alt+del" to go to the windows task manager to "shut down" the computer but..the computer restarts again and doesnt turn off. Do I have a virus or a windows explorer problem? and how do i fix it? thank you

A:WINDOWS EXPLORER error and computer cannot turn off without plugging the computer

check check HELP?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-error-and-computer-cannot-turn-off-without-plugging-the-computer-205567.html
Relevancy 39.99%

As the title said my computer freezes during games When it freezes the turn computer during Manually off freezes Computer gaming. screen just stop at the last frame so no black screen or anything like that and I can hear the game for about a second before it turns to Computer freezes during gaming. Manually turn off computer a low clicking sound At which point I have to manually shut down the computer and restart it Nothing else works Then I get the usual question of how I Computer freezes during gaming. Manually turn off computer want to start the computer I always pick amp start normally amp and it amp s like it never happened I think it amp s because the GPU is overheating because that amp s the only component that amp s really hot When I check the temp while playing it amp s usually building up to about C - C on idle and stays around that number And it fells really hot when I touch it after it amp s happened The only problem with that theory is that I can play every game out there usually on the best setting haven amp t tried every powerful game out there and not a single problem with lag or such Then again I amp ve never had that problem with MW and the temp stays around C on that Not to say that the GPU is really that great It amp s average at best but I amp m not a hardcore gamer or anything so figured I didn amp t need the best I built the computer myself in June And it went fine without any problems until maybe months ago not really sure when it happened Here amp s what I amp ve done so far I amp ve cleaned every component in my computer so not a dust problem I amp ve applied new thermal paste on both my CPU did it the second I opened the box and my GPU a few days ago I installed new fans to get better airflow it amp s a freaking storm down there if it amp s at max It didn amp t help at all That amp s mostly the reason I made this post To see if I have placed the fans for optimal intake and exhaust airflow in the case itself Possible get some tips on how to lower the temp on the GPU Updated drivers and other software multiple times Reformatted the whole hard drive multiple times to no effect Specs Case Cooler Master CM II Advanced PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M W RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz GB CL GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti GB PhysX CPU Intel Core i Quad Processor i - K CPU heatsink Noctua NH-U P SE CPU Kj ler Motherboard MSI P A-GD B Socket- Hard drive Samsung SpinPoint F TB Have some other hardware In there but don amp t see how a few extra hard drives fan controller disk drive etc can have anything to do with my problem Fans Intake Noctua NF-P FLX mm Intake Noctua NF-P FLX mm Intake Noctua NF-F PWM mm Exhaust Noctua NF-P mm Exhaust PSU fan obviously also an intake fan Push and pull on the CPU heatsink pulling air towards and out through the rear fan Here amp s some pictures I uploaded on imageshack to better illustrate my computer http img imageshack us img showingfans jpg http img imageshack us img img lu jpg http imageshack us a img img j jpg http imageshack us a img img sh jpg Any help would be appreciated as I am at a loss here Simply don t know what I can do Don t want to buy something new and find out that wasn t the problem Edit Running Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-during-gaming-manually-turn-off-computer.1079004/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am having trouble with a 6 month old IBM R51 laptop - when I select TURN OFF COMPUTER from within Windows and the START button - the computer sometimes hangs and will not shut down. I have to press the power button to reset. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks!

A:Computer Hangs When Turn Off Computer Selected In Windows

Welcome to BC! There are many possible causes, however there is one common cause. Often XP's exit sound file gets corrupt and if it does not run then XP won't shut down. I am not sure based on what you have told us so far if this is the issue or not, but let's see:Go to:Start > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds tabUnder Program Events scroll down until you see Exit Windows. Highlight Exit Windows by clicking on it once. Then under Sounds choose None. Click Apply and finally OK. Reboot if possible, or shut down computer and restart manually. Once it is up and running, shut down computer by going to Start > Turn Off Computer. See if it will shut down on it's own now.If it does, the only difference will be that you will not longer hear the 2 seconds of music that XP usually plays as it shuts down.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70220/computer-hangs-when-turn-off-computer-selected-in-windows/
Relevancy 39.99%

so recently i took everything out of my computer to clean it..i put eveything back where it was but when i turned it on its starts making beeping sounds and the screen stays black.. fans and power run but dont know whats the problem.

i also recorded a video of how its sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_2mdNJFWxU
so please help/B]

A:Solved: computer beeping sounds when i turn on computer

There are three possibilities here, all related to your memory.

1) You have forgotten to fit your memory back in.
2) Your memory isn't properly seated in its slot(s)
3) You have killed your memory because of not following antistatic procedures.

I'm suspecting it is either 2 or 3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-beeping-sounds-when-i-turn-on-computer.917621/
Relevancy 39.99%

New computer keeps blue screening during or after my computer goes to sleep. Was told to upload this, and also it says part of the reason is in the Minidump folder or the Temp folder.

A:BSOD after I turn Computer NEW Computer on, or whilst sleeping

Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealDanny

New computer keeps blue screening during or after my computer goes to sleep. Was told to upload this, and also it says part of the reason is in the Minidump folder or the Temp folder.

Hi TheRealDanny.

The crash dump (a Stop 0x3B one) is not saying anything in detail about the probable cause of the BSOD).

Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347527-bsod-after-i-turn-computer-new-computer-whilst-sleeping.html
Relevancy 39.99%

First of my monitor exhibited signs of turn computer anything when show My my Computer monitor I on. doesn't flickering during start-up but only minor ones and would just stop at the 'Welcome' screen of windows so I didn't give it much thought Iv'e been using it with the cpu the same time I bought the monitor But after some time the flickering got worse It went from - second My Computer monitor doesn't show anything when I turn my computer on. interval flickers to a whole seconds of blackness before it showed anything Now Iv'e got a new cpu but still using the old monitor After a day or so the monitor exhibited the first symptoms of my first cpu so I just dismissed it But after a My Computer monitor doesn't show anything when I turn my computer on. week It got a hell worse before I even start-up my computer the monitor doesn't show Analog Digital at the top-left corner of the screen PLUS my cpu keeps restarting after I pushed the ON button after seconds or so My question Is the monitor responsible for the restart and what could be the reason for the flickering Thanks for a fast reply

A:My Computer monitor doesn't show anything when I turn my computer on.

Quote: Originally Posted by pokeman5

First of, my monitor exhibited signs of flickering during start-up, but only minor ones and would just stop at the 'Welcome' screen of windows so I didn't give it much thought. Iv'e been using it with the cpu the same time I bought the monitor.

My question, Is the monitor responsible for the restart and what could be the reason for the flickering?

Thanks for a fast reply.

Welcome Pokeman5 to the windows 7 forums.

The graphics card might be your culprit. Please update your system configuration settings under user cp so that others can maybe help you.
Usually the monitor won't stop your machine from booting. The graphic card most likely be the cause.

There is also the possibility that your power supply could be defective or going bad. Lots of possibilities.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222792-my-computer-monitor-doesnt-show-anything-when-i-turn-my-computer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok well, my computer is pretty old, but its not THAT old, it has always worked very well, and all of a sudden one day it froze and i tried turning it off but when i went to press the power button it wouldnt turn off, no matter how many times i pressed the power button. so i had to turn off the power switch in the back of the computer. it did this consistently so i decided to format my computer and delete the partition stuff like that, but it still did it, and i even virus checked and there were no viruses.

my computer freezes out of nowhere at random spots (startup, windows, my desktop, etc) and when i try to turn it off the power button doesnt work so i have to turn it off by turning off the switch at the back of the computer, please help me, i don't know whats going on!

A:URGENT PROBLEM: Computer freezes, but can not turn computer off

Try holding the power switch in for at least 4 seconds. There is a entry in BIOS for instant off and 4 second delay. Yours is probably set to 4 seconds. Delay is good as it prevents accidential power offs from hitting the switch by mistake.

If you are hiolding the switch in and it isn't powering down there are two possibilties. Switch is defective or connector has came off the header.
Charlie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/urgent-problem-computer-freezes-but-can-not-turn-computer-off-13508.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Had problem message on Microsoft edge that computer could be corrupted.  Now can't turn on computer even though power is going to it. What can I do

A:Microsoft edge crashed my computer and I can turn computer o...

Hi Method 1:Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue. Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps If the issue still exists, try the next method. Method 2:Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:sfc /scannowIf the issue still exists, try the next method. Method 3:You may check the same issue with the new user account. Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:Go to Settings.Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.Select Add an Account.Enter a user name and hit Next.Click on Finish.Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.Check if issue persists. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Microsoft-edge-crashed-my-computer-and-I-can-turn-computer/td-p/5773845
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi does anyone know what happens if I mistakenly deleted a user account When I open my computer then right click on the quot This pc quot there is a option called quot Manage quot Then under manage there are user accounts I mistakenly deleted the quot Administrators quot group from my current account Only left is standard user group The admin account is password protected and I have the password Is it possible to log into the admin account and changed Accidentaly user account account to admin standard change promote back my current account I did try to right click quot manage quot but I get this window attached file with no place to put the password That is slightly annoying I was trying to reassign myself back in the admin group I was thinking of making an account which can modify all items such adding hardware and items under quot Device manager quot etc but just limit to not being able to just make a new admin full access account Seems that deleting the admin solves the Accidentaly changed admin account to standard user account not being able to make a new account but in the process I'm locked out from the admin settings Is it possible to create a super-user account just limiting not being able to make new user accounts and have access to all such as device manager It would be nice to not have to log into admin account just to check newly installed hardware Currently on standard user I am unable to go to quot device manager quot and other admin based stuff with that admin shield logo Thanks

A:Accidentaly changed admin account to standard user account

From desktop, hold CTRL+ALT then press DEL keyClick on Switch UserType: Administrator and enter the passwordOnce you are in, Win+X->Command Prompt(Admin)Type: net localgroup administrators username /add <======== replace username with your namesign out and sign back in with your name.

NOTE: In step 3, I Assume that you have the built in Admin turned on and you said you have the password.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47233-accidentaly-changed-admin-account-standard-user-account.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So I kind of accidentally removed the "Java" folder with shift+del and now I can't install Java again nor can I uninstall the removed Java.

So now you're probably asking yourself "WHAT THE FUDGE!? How do you even accidentally remove it!?" Well I was going to remove another folder starting with J, but I miss-clicked and didn't notice. <_<

So needless to say I can't use Java now. Any ideas on how to fix this would be awesome!

A:Accidentaly removed the "Java" folder, can't re-install.

Oh damn it, just noticed I tried to install the wrong version of Java. Installed the latest now and it works!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/199178-accidentaly-removed-java-folder-cant-re-install.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,
i pluged in my hard disk to another computer to format it. Now when i was finished i pluged my hard disk back to my pc. Now when i turn on computer monitor just go to sleep and nothing happends. I dont have any OS right now and i cant modify anything. Maybe i did something with my hard disk wrong i dont know. please help me.

A:My computer monitor doesn't come on when i turn my computer on

Why did you take it to a different computer to format?
Do you have the o/s cd in the drive to boot from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-monitor-doesnt-come-on-when-i-turn-my-computer-on.132918/
Relevancy 39.13%

My computer is maybe 2 years old, and this problem only starting occuring recently. I turn on the computer and all is well until it gets to my desktop when the screen just goes black. I tried blowing the dust out and my computer worked again for a couple of hours, but now blowing the dust out doesn't work. I can login to safe mode, but I cannot get into my regular settings. What do I do to fix this!!

A:When I turn on the computer, the screen just goes black but the computer is on!

Hi and welcome to TSG try using your install or recovery disc to run a repair http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vistax64.com%2Ftutorials%2F91467-startup-repair.html&ei=jjkZTLHJM5z60wTm4MDQCw&usg=AFQjCNFF8Qw4KfElupT6ouPZpnIehttTTw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-turn-on-the-computer-the-screen-just-goes-black-but-the-computer-is-on.929599/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just got this HP pavilion n last year Now whenever I turn the computer on it won t respond Goes to a Blank Black Screen and the only way I can make the computer respond is to The Computer, goes my When a I Computer Blank on turn to Screen. go to safe mode and UN-install When I turn on my Computer, The Computer goes to a Blank Screen. the Graphic Card then restart the computer back again Once I ve done that the computer would work but I can t watch Videos or play Video Games on the computer There also would be these little blue lines on the computer screen Sometimes their would be alot of the lines and sometimes the lines would be made by the trail of my mouse I ve tried lots of ways to fix the computer I ve tried - Un-installing and re-installing my graphic card Nvidia Geforce MX graphics card with TV-Out that came with the computer - Rolling Back My Graphic Card - Updating My Drive from Windows Update - I ve tried using a program that test my computer and tells me whats wrong with it It said I got a problem with something like the VIDEO MEMORY CARD and I don t know what that is Is the Only way I can fix this is to buy another Graphic Card I do not want to waste Please Help Me Thank You Dang Le Email email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-the-computer-goes-to-a-blank-screen.158387/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all.
I moved out of a 14-year-old case (Gateway) and into an Ultra brand Gladiator mid-tower.

I have an EVGA nForce 650i Ultra Motherboard, and a "Power Up" brand 450-Watt power supply.

The setup worked fine in the old case, though Windows was freezing regularly after 15 minutes. I figured that was related to the hard-drive, since it wasn't tightly mounted, and I wasn't using enough cooling fans. So I got a new case and cannabalaized a fan from an old computer.

The power outlet and cord are good, and I swapped out the power supply with a 230 watt unit, and pulled the switch from the old case, but neither powered on the computer. Nothing seems out of the ordinary with the switch on the case I bought.

Did I buy a defective unit? Is there something I'm missing or should try again? Something else? Thanks for the help.

A:Changed computer cases, now computer won't turn on

Have you considered that going from a 450 psu to only a 230 might have something to do with it?

Is the motherboard shortening out by any part of it touching the case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changed-computer-cases-now-computer-wont-turn-on.156965/
Relevancy 37.84%

Every time i turn on my computer within 10 seconds it restarts and repeats the process. A box prompts up with an error report saying:

System has recovered from a serious error. I view the technical information it says:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf7f2.dir00\Mini082010-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf7f2.dir00\systdata.xml

I click do not send two boxes have popped up indicating a problem they are:

The procedure entry point JS_IsDebuggerFrame could not be located in the dynamic link library Js3250.dlll
and
The instruction at 0x7c80c621 referenced memory at 0x00df0009. The memory could not be read.

Can some one please help me out here, much thanks; i am running windows xp

A:Computer starts up then restarts (Safe mode freezes)Every time i turn on my computer within 10 seconds it restarts and repeats...

Have you tried the Lask Known Good Configuration option?

I think it might be a Mozillla issue (damaged), calling for the uninstall/reinstall routine.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341420/computer-starts-up-then-restarts-safe-mode-freezesevery-time-i-turn-on-my-computer-within-10-seconds-it-restarts-and-repeats-the-process-when-it-st/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello there, recently, I've been having an issue with my PC. Randomly, all peripherals (Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, etc.) turn off, but the computer stays on, and I need to turn it off by flipping the power off, and once I turn it back on, it boots normally and such. Like I said, the times this happens seem to be completely random, though I believe it has only happened at night, but that may be just coincidence. I have used virus scans, and nothing has come up, so I don't believe that's the issue. I haven't made any significant hardware changes recently either. Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening?

Thanks in advance

A:Computer peripherals turn off but not computer itself?

Get into the motherboards bios by pressing a key noted when you first power up the computer. Look for "hit F? for setup" or something like that. Reset the bios to defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-peripherals-turn-off-but-not-computer-itself.169546/
Relevancy 37.84%

Anyone have any idea how or if it's even possible to turn this into a gaming computer (MMO's mostly). The cheaper, the better (but I plan on doing this over a long period of time as opposed to quickly).

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
PC: Compaq Presario CQ5300F
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300, AMD64 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1918 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295192 MB, Free - 253458 MB; D: Total - 9949 MB, Free - 1497 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, NARRA5, 5.00,
Power Supply: 250W

Relevancy 37.84%

The computer is a Compaq Presario It has a Pentium and windows XP installed on it Im not any sort of computer-wiz but i do know a little about electronics A couple months ago my friend tried to install a wireless card into the tower after that she said the monitor wouldnt turn on so i put off working on the computer Not Computer On! HELP! Will Turn for a Computer Will Not Turn On! HELP! while because i thought it was just a problem with the video card well turns out there is more to this problem than i thought for some reason dont ask me why she told me she had to take out the power supply she dropped a screw in it ohh man and now as soon as i plug the power supply into the wall the computer tries to boot without me even pressing the on button the hard drive lights blink as well as the power light on the front and also the cd drive blinks forever the processor fan turns on as well as the power supply fan the problem is it doesnt sound like the hard drive is spinning at all and it sounds like the power is pulsing a bit sorry i tried to describe the problem to the best of my knowledge so if you have any other questions just let me know please help nbsp

A:Computer Will Not Turn On! HELP!

a BIOS setting decides whether or not to automatically turn the system on when AC power is applied (it's a post-power failure setting).

I don't know how you drop a screw into a PSU... lol but you need to get it out so it doesn't cause a short circuit.

but anywho.. he's what you should do. You don't have to remove the mobo from the case (although that is the best way)...

1. unplug all power and data cables from the mobo and all other components
2. remove the CMOS battery and if equipped with one, set the CMOS jumper to clear
3. remove all RAM and PCI/video cards
---at this point there should be nothing but the CPU and HSF attached to the mobo---
4. blow out any dust from the RAM, PCI, and video card slots
5. re-install only 1 stick of RAM
6. re-install the video card (unless it's on-board video) and connect to monitor
7. hook up the boot hard drive (no other hard drives, floppy drives, or optical drives)
8. put the CMOS jumper back into it's normal position and re-install CMOS battery
9. plug the ATX power cable into the mobo (and the 4 pin CPU connector)
---at this point everything else should be un-installed or disconnected---
10. plug AC power cord in and attempt to boot up

...let us know what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-turn-on-help.45321/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I recently installed my new PSU(Corsair RM 1000) and GPU(GTX 970). I have experienced some problems with it but today my pc didn't turn on at all. You can read more about the previous problems in my Corsair's forum thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=135737
I just thought I would post a thread here as well since in Corsair, there is only one person helping me and he isn't always online.
I checked all the wires and they look properly connected.

Here is a couple of images of my pc:
http://imgur.com/RZRFcpH
http://imgur.com/CnCwOCr

Should I try and return my PSU? Any help is appreciated.

A:Computer does not turn on

Have you attempted to overclock anything (CPU or GPU)? If you are improperly overclocking, it could cause issues.
Just like mentioned in the other forum, you should look at getting at least 2 fans into your case. One in the lower front to intake air, and one in the back (by the cpu / power supply) to exhaust air. There are arrows on the sides of the fans to show you which way the air flows through the fans, so make sure you pay attention to that when installing. Without knowing for sure (would need to know what kind of computer case you have), I believe you could put two 120mm fans inside. Once you know for sure that you have the fans installed correctly, I would test it and see if your problem persists.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-does-not-turn-on.207706/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer is refusing to turn on. It's not the power source, because I dragged out this old computer and it worked fine on the same power outlets. I think the connection is broken by a stripped wire or something but haven't got a clue how to fix it. Is there some easy solution to this problem, or do I have to take it to a store?

(The power button sticks if that helps)

A:Computer won't even turn on

When you say it won't turn on do you mean nothing comes on. No fans, LED on the Motherboard ( if it has one). It's just completely dead? Some more info
on what you mean stripped wire or something. Is this a guess or do you actually see a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-even-turn-on.257706/
Relevancy 37.84%

alright so i'm running XP SP and the past few weeks were the best my computer has ever run it has normally sucked but it randomly started won't turn on computer doing amazing so the other day i think my brother's friend was downloading some computer won't turn on porn and i noticed my firewall and antivirus were both off and i restarted and scanned and it said i had viruses or something and i did avast antivirus and it did its thing and it still had i think one virus did it again and same result now i had to start booting in safe mode b c my computer would freeze up if i started normally but the other day i get home from college and this is what happens i start the computer select safe mode and all that and it goes to the light blue XP screen right before the desktop shows up it says loading your personal setting the desktop will show up for about seconds explorer exe will not even load no taskbar or icons and then say logging off saving something then it will say loading your personal settings again but this time the desktop only flashes for a fraction of a second and then it repeats but it repeats faster and faster each time i don't know how to even get on my computer to get a hijack log or anything else please help guys i know you guys are the best at any of this and i hope you can help me thanks EDIT i think the virus was Vundo something it kept appearing as different names on windows defender

Relevancy 37.84%

Hey all I ve had this problem ever since I got this computer back in and I know I should have done something about it before but I just always hoped it would Won't Off Computer Turn have fixed itself Ugh I know I m dumb Here s what I m using Shuttle I B Windows XP professional Intel Pentium GHz GHz GB of RAM And the problem is that my computer doesn t turn off all of the time I go to Start -- gt Turn Off Computer -- gt Shut Down I am positive I am selecting Shut Down and it goes through the normal process of shutting down It gets all the way to quot Windows is saving your settings quot and then the monitor goes black like it should Computer Won't Turn Off and Computer Won't Turn Off it sounds as if my computer turns off Except it hasn t - everything has stopped running except apparently the fan and the process light I ve waited over hours for the computer to turn off in this stage and it never does The only way to get the computer off at this point is to cut the power entirely Holding down the power button on the computer itself won t turn it off Only pulling the plug or turning off my surge protector that my computer s plugged into will and I know that can t be good for it I ve researched this a lot but I ve always given up One person with a related problem found that the problem was because of the ethernet cable but even if I unplug that before shutting the computer down it still doesn t turn off all of the time Other people have found that the problem is that the Windows XP is set to turn on when the phone rings or something so I checked my BIOS but that option is switched off Do you think I just have a malfunctioning motherboard This has been going on for years nbsp

A:Computer Won't Turn Off

Interesting Problem.

Have you tried running any type of virus or spyware scan?? perhaps you have a virus emulating the shutdown sequence and then keeping the computer running, (although it is pretty unlikely).

Have you ever tried running the computer without the surge protector??? perhaps the surge protector is faulty and is supplying some sort of abstract current that is keeping the computer running.

The next step would probably be to test some of your hardware, run a check disk scan to see if your Hard drive has any problems, test the computer to see if the PSU is faulty and is supplying power when it isnt supposed to be, and finaly test with another motherboard, perhaps the connects on the board are dodgy.

I think the person with the Ethernet problem would have had a problem with the computer booting even if it was told not to not shutting down, as the otpion in the BIOS is to allow boot on LAN activity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-turn-off.708265/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just got a new motherboard cpu case and memory i connected everything and plugged it all in when i turned it on it booted up ok except it said floppy drive failed so i turned it off and turned off the power switch on the back of the power supply I put in a new floppy drive and turned the switch in the back on and pressed the power button but nothing happened except a green light on the motherboard went on and there was a blue flash inside the power supply because of the blue LEDs in the PSU fan How do i get it to turn on By the way I have a Soyo Dragon minitower case with the side window with a P I PE V Socket motherbboard my computer turn on won't with a ULTRA watt ATX power supply with mm Blue LED fan and a Celeron Ghz k Mhz FSB with a ULTRA FIRE petium CPU fan I also have MBs of PNY PC DDR RAM a GeForce MMX graphics card with mbs of memory and a gig maxtor hd nbsp

A:my computer won't turn on

also i forgot to mention when it try to turn it on the computer on the fans twitch. i have windows xp pro installed on the hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-turn-on.258752/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,

I am new here and I really hope somebody can help me. Any advise will be greatly appreciated

I have this problem: My Laptop (HP) does not want to turn on since yesterday. Every time I attemp to turn it on, the screen goes black and it gives me three options:

* ESC (boot order)

* F2 (set up)

* F12 (set up by LAN)

I have tried everything and every option to see what might be the problem...and I also chose to start in safe mode, but once it attempts to start Windows, it suddenly shuts down Please, if someone has any idea of why this is happening, let me know.

Thank you very much

A:Please Help Me... My Computer Does Not Want To Turn On!!!!

BTW: I don't have the Recovery CD and I don't wanna lose my Info Is there any possible solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-my-computer-does-not-want-to-turn-on.437209/
Relevancy 37.84%

My daughters computer tower is blinking green and orange and it won't turn on. Is it just overheated>

Thanks for any help
Lisa

A:computer won't turn on

System manufacturer and model?

You say it won't rurn on...but it's turned on if there is power to the system. Do you mean it won't boot into Windows?

Is there any evidence that the monitor is working properly?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393392/computer-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 37.84%

days ago my computer was working fine i unplugged all the monitor and power cord from the computer so my mom can won't turn computer on My clean the room for her job When I connected everything back together my computer wont turn on the monitor worked fine the darddrive would not turn on I opened the case to see if there was power and there was there was a green light beside the power supply connection so i thought it was the panel for the Reset power led and all the hdd connections I unpluged them and tried to see if that was it My computer won't turn on nothing worked i tried plugging them in different slots but nothing worked the computer wouldnt turn on no sound or anything so whats the problem If its the power and reset and led connections what the order are they connected My motherboard i believe is Intel d gav Please help im not much of a tech person so im really scared i dont want to pay dollars or something just to get someone to fix it and its just about the connections that was wrong with it thank you nbsp

A:My computer won't turn on

you probably just didn't hook everything up exactly the same. the easiest part to mess up is to reverse the mouse and keyboard if they're both the PS2 type and one isn't usb. The next easiest to mess up would be if the PC has onboard video and a card and you put the monitor to the onboard connector instead of the card. Really take a close look in the back and quit messing around inside, you didn't change anything in there for her cleaning did you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on.155029/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer won't start and this is why I'm posting today My computer worked fine up until this one night it stormed and the roof leaked It didn't seem to touch my computer the water it didn't seem anywhere near it or inside of it from what I've observed So the rainy night could be coincidence I hope The gist ever since that night it hasn't worked I've noticed some things that do work still like the Cooler Master fan works and tends to be incredibly fast loud and cold The on button won't won't on turn Computer illuminate when I go to start for some reason at all The CD disk drive opens and works and the monitor works fine I think according to the fact it lights up and notifies me on screen as it goes into Power Saving Mode The green light in the back of the computer by the other fan seems to light up I'm assuming that is good Could it Computer won't turn on just be a dust problem Besides the fact my monitor is LG everything that came with the computer is still intact Please help thank you P S if you need more information let me know I'm sorry if this is somewhat confusing Or maybe it's easy I just genuinely don't get this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Computer-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5684653
Relevancy 37.84%

I was reformatting my hard drive, it was at 20% for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I left the computer alone for a short while came back and saw that it was not on. I figured at the time that maybe it had overheated so I unplugged it and felt around, the power supply was pretty hot along with the heatsink on the CPU. So I let it cool down then plugged everything back in and tried to power up. My mother board (ASUS K8V-SE DELUXE) has a "standby power LED" this located on the mobo was lit up. Also the power activity light on the case dimmly lit up. But other than that nothing happened, no fans, no video on the monitor, nothing. Does anybody have a good clue of what I should do or what happend please reply?