Windows Support Forum

Admin settings should I remove this for security?

Q: Admin settings should I remove this for security?

Apprently "90 percent of the most serious vulnerabilities were nullified by removing Administrator privileges."

Do people recommend this and what will I lose if I do uninstall admin settings?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin settings should I remove this for security?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin settings should I remove this for security?

honestly? if your a home user there is no point... you have to install programs as an administrator anyway, and the default administrator account which was created when you installed windows (or bought it and switched it on) runs as a standard user unless admin rights are needed anyway, thats the point of User Account Control,

basically you will not be any more secure, you'll just have the aggro of having to remember to "run as admin" every time you want to install something, among other things

on the other hand, not giving everyone who uses your pc admin rights is a very good idea, i personally work on the theory that if anyone really needs to use admin that badly they can ask me to input my password, at least i have control over what goes onto my PC (try having a girlfriend who thinks malware is a wardrobe malfunction... im actually not kidding)

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/75765-admin-settings-should-i-remove-security.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello a few days ago my computer with XP Pro SP installed was infected with the malware quot XP Home Security quot and every attempt I ve tried to remove it from my computer has failed so far I noticed it first when I turned my computer on a few days ago a window for the fake antivirus program popped up upon start up and started quot scanning quot which told me had found numerous viruses AVG failed to load but Ad-Aware did and upon trying to open AVG the fake XP Home Security window pops up again instead of AVG which my Home Can't - "XP remove settings Security changed 2011" admin possibly I assume blocks AVG from even opening The same problem happens with Malwarebytes Upon trying to access the internet through Firefox leads me to a quot security warning quot page that the malware set up hijacking my browser It says that the browser could potentially give me viruses but allows me the option to continue quot unprotected quot but when I click the link to continue the security warning page reloads and to keep clicking the continue link reloads the security page ad nauseam Internet explorer is the only other browser on my computer and the same problem happens with that browser as Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings I m on a different computer now The program quot awr exe quot is the name of the window that pops up when the fake antivirus program Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings runs and ending that program in the task manager will close that window but the internet and program blocking continues Now when I start my computer programs that would normally Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings load at startup will fail to load completely inc Rocketdock Steam and almost any exe will not open at all giving me an error message that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot when I try to open the program It s not just antivirus programs that are affected by this as it gives me the error message when I try to open Firefox any games my Zune software or any Microsoft Office program among many other programs It also won t allow me to access quot msconfig quot or quot regedit quot I can still open Ad-Aware and CCleaner interestingly enough but Hijackthis won t open along with GMER fl xc exe or a registry editing program RRT exe dds exe WILL open however so hopefully the subsequent report will allow you to shed some light on my problem Thanks for taking the time to read this post I really appreciate it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tony at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Nero Update NASvc exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneLtdController exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneLtdServer exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc c Program Files Zune ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings Tony Desktop dds com Pse... Read more

A:Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-remove-xp-home-security-2011-possibly-changed-my-admin-settings.988700/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an quot Administrators quot entry in my security settings Does this relate to windows services or is it put there by a virus This "Administrators" settings administrator or admin in instead of Security entry "Administrators" in Security settings instead of admin or administrator does not show up on the users screen or anywhere else on the computer even when showing hidden files etc If I go through every entry on the security settings it is there I am having startup problems with my PC It started with quot security tools virus I sequentially lose files and exe use it also disables Windows Task Manager My discs lose NTLDR settings and the disks are overwritten and become innaccessable Changing the drive and reloading windows after resetting the BIOS only works for the initial boot up before I lose my PC again Any Virus software does not find a reference to this problem in fact if I run ANY virus software I lose everything immediately and NO exe files are left as they are all disabled by quot access denied quot messages It installs a quot reboot exe file in the startup sequence so that every time windows reboots it reboots again Formatting a drive on a different PC does not recover them I have gone through different hard drives on this Update new data to DMI seems to put this onto the system where do I find the file that loads the DMI data Fixing the NTFS on startup causes a corrupted drive name in the BIOS eg SYEMSTNG instead of SAMSUNG A Memory Dump log file if I let it happen instead of switching the on off button corrupts just about every file and wipes out info IN the files ie The File folders are still there but they are empty I can overcome this by going to the Advanced properties - Start and Recovery -Settings - system failure and untick the three boxe and select None in the write debugging program selection I have a good Network Adapter but cannot use it on this PC as the PC states that No Network Adapter is present on the PC This is the breif version of the problems I have encountered I have overcome lots of others due to this virus but I need some help with the above if anyone has any experience with them Also I would be interested in Knowing if the is a site where I can get a comprehensive list of Registry Entries and their meanings Thanks Gil

A:"Administrators" in Security settings instead of admin or administrator

Just curious...if you cannot see this setting...how do you know it exists?

FWIW: I have added the Security Tab to my XP Home system and the permissions grouping is "administrators". Permissions are granted to the entire class of administrators, not just one "administrator".

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272317/administrators-in-security-settings-instead-of-admin-or-administrator/
Relevancy 61.49%

Geeesh I have been around and around the internet looking for answers and have found a little bit of information here and there pro settings security used to got remove network want I pc; & winxp a How can I remove or disable network security settings How do I got a used winxp pro pc; want to remove network & security settings I know which programs to remove or disable that I see in Admin Tools gt Services etc Can I change my settings across the board in Admin Tools gt Local Security gt User Rights etc or do I have to go into each setting and change my rights I have a licensed XP PRO CD so I thought I inserted it to do a repair installation but it didn't override the corporate settings as a matter of fact it changed mine Is a system restore in order to get what settings I did change back I will do nothing till I hear from you There are some changes I can't make now like change the computer name for my home network Ethernet to the PC and wirelessly networked to the laptop Thank you

A:I got a used winxp pro pc; want to remove network & security settings

I suggest that you have the "Corp" remove them. Most likely there have been restrictions placed on it to keep people from changing them.

Forum rules prohibit us from helping you:

Quote:

* You may not ask for assistance to circumvent restrictions or security on any computer system or network

Rules can be found on every page, at the top center.

Closing this post.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-got-a-used-winxp-pro-pc-want-to-remove-network-and-security-settings-473522.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Good day All,

Is there a way to remove the security shield icon as it was never there 2 months ago and today it appeared out of the blue?

Thanks and regards

A:Settings to remove security shield icon

There are registry entries. Do you want to remove it again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/settings-to-remove-security-shield-icon.556362/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have edited security settings for Authenticated Users in Windows 10 and Denied all the permissions accidently. Is there any way to change the permission??

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47839-how-can-i-remove-edited-security-settings-authenticated-users.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all well ive had vista since it Admin :S Settings came out and to be honest i dont think Admin Settings :S its a too bad an OS and it should be way better once the Vista SP comes out soon However ive been running into a problem lately which i dont know how to fix To start off let me state that i bought my laptop off the shelf with vista preinstalled so it had already got an account called PC Admin Settings :S USER Im using that account cause i wasnt able to delete it or rename pain in he This account has got admin privelages and ive deleted all other accounts cause im the only user Unfortunately there are some things i cannot do i e delete or rename files in system or other secured folders It says i do not have admin privelages even thoug im the only admin and user I read somewher that even though you might have admin privelages its no the same as the admin account My question is how do i set it as my account to be the admin acount with full access with no little annoying messages like unauthorised access etc Thanks

A:Admin Settings :S

it's all in the "Local Security Policy".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-settings-s-166565.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Just picked up my office computer after not using it for a year and have forgotten the logon they made me create to protect their network. is it possible to get by that? iis is set up to hit ctl/alt/del to bring up the logon to network page. I am not worried about losing the identity but just dont want to have to reinstall xp pro as i would have to reinstall all programs also. is there any way to get around this or no? any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 8. It is 3 months old.

I have lost my admin rights to the computer - I cannot make changes. Therefore, I cannot do a system restore.

I tried booting up in safe mode and turning on the admin rights via command prompt and typing "net user administrator /active:yes". It tell me 'access is denied'. I think it said "error code 5".

It may or may not be coincidence but I had installed Classic Shell a week before this problem occurred.

Thank you for any help. I really don't want to pump more money into a new computer by having it repaired. Cheers!

A:Cannot access Admin settings

Hi,

1. Type cmd on the start screen, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. What happens?
2. Type cmd on the start screen, enter whoami /groups >> %userprofile%\desktop\whoami.txt and attach the file.
3. Do you have or can you get a hold of the installation DVD or recovery disk?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/26656-cannot-access-admin-settings.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am on Windows XP service pack if that matters and I help! Admin. settings! Solved: I get Need can't any into HELP! am another person who cannot get into my Administrator settings because of a nasty virus I think the name of it was Trojan KillAV I have read this article and it fits me pretty well Solved: HELP! I can't get into any Admin. settings! Need help! I have a security warning window popping up that tells me quot Warning Potential Spyware Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to pervent any unauthorised access to your files Click YES to download spyware remover quot That s word-for-word including the misspellings I keep saying NO I ran Ad-Aware Spybot and Norton Virus and Spyware check Norton found the above named virus and said it fixed it but now I cannot access system settings When I try I get this message quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot I am the administrator PLEASE HELP I am computer-stupid but a friend of mine said to try turning off system restore but I can t get into the settings for that either I downloaded hijackthis and this is my log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup autorun exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files twc medicsp bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files symantec liveupdate LuComServer exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUPDATE EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www seekerbar com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www seekerbar com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Road Runne... Read more

A:Solved: HELP! I can't get into any Admin. settings! Need help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-i-cant-get-into-any-admin-settings-need-help.631525/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a drive that had Vista Home Premium on it amp NTFS as the file Folder for and Security Documents Settings Settings system The drive went bad with over K bad sectors Preformed a hard drive recovery After several days I managed to remap all the bad Security Settings for Documents and Settings Folder sectors so that I could read the drive when booting from a XP boot CD or a UBCD cd Now When I view the drives directory structure I can browse most of what is listed except for the Documents amp Settings folder When I try that one I get the message quot Access Denied quot I tried getting into the properties to see if I can change the properties but the Security tab did not show up I am a lot more familiar with XP than Vista Is there an added security feature Vista has on the Documents amp Setting folder that only Vista can open it I tried using a Vista Recovery disk but it was not able to see the partition Also I am not sure if there are any tools on the disk to recover files from a drive that no longer boots windows Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Peter

A:Security Settings for Documents and Settings Folder

"Access Denied" is a proper and routine message encountered...when moving a hard drive from one system to another. Only impacts the Docs & Settings files/folders, all other files can be easily accessed.So can the Docs & Settings folders, by taking ownership of the files/folders.Taking Ownership in VistaLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361339/security-settings-for-documents-and-settings-folder/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello There,
We have bunch of laptop users who are basically in Network support so very often they have to change IP addresses on their machines so we ended up giving them Local Admin privilege on their machines.
This is risky and we want to reduce this risk.
Is there any option to provide TCP/IP settings change privilege to these users without giving them Admin Rights? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Maqsood

Maqsood Mohammed Senior Systems Engineer MCITP-Enterprise Admin & ITILv3 Foundation Certified

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6e30c06-6517-46fa-87e5-4297a5113bb6/changing-tcpip-settings-without-admin-rights?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

At my work we all have laptops with Vista Enterprise, and we have Administrator rights on the computer. Still, IT has managed to set the performance settings on the laptops to "best performance" and it does not help to set performance option back to "best appearance" via control panel. Even though I have admin rights.

I am thinking this might be overridden in the registry or something? Any input? I really don't know where to start...

A:Override IT-Admin Visual settings

Hi Thomsan,

Although I don't want to guide you in how to circumvent your IT superior's settings, it's probably a setting that has been set in the Local Group Policy Editor.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235787-override-admin-visual-settings.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello There,
We have bunch of laptop users who are basically in Network support so very often they have to change IP addresses on their machines so we ended up giving them Local Admin privilege on their machines.
This is risky and we want to reduce this risk.
Is there any option to provide TCP/IP settings change privilege to these users without giving them Admin Rights? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Maqsood

Maqsood Mohammed Senior Systems Engineer MCITP-Enterprise Admin & ITILv3 Foundation Certified

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6e30c06-6517-46fa-87e5-4297a5113bb6/changing-tcpip-settings-without-admin-rights?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.02%

One of my users wants to use a different Office Assistant in MS Word Pain in the trying to changes settings Admin make to users I say but it s a simple change so I go to make it She can t change it logged on as herself due to access restrictions I try to map the drive as the admin but can t due to conflicting credentials or something of that nature Then I log on as admin Admin trying to make changes to users settings and make the change but of course the change isn t propagated into the users account And this brings me to my point I m new to administrating on a corporate level so bear with me We have our users locked down and that won t change So when one of them wants a change to their system that requires admin rights how do I do it and make sure the change happens to the user s account as well Is there some way I can log Admin trying to make changes to users settings on as admin in their account With the above example what s the solution Thanks Kevin nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Ok so I recently re-installed windows Windows Home Prem bit SP had no issues with it before Had this PC for year and a half and today suddenly it gives me the above error when i try to download a file Even windows updates off of IE It's also worth noting pictures do settings Your downloaded security file Security allow current this Alert be do to not not show up either I have found a Security Alert Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded temporarly looparound by moving a Firefox copy onto this PC from my Labtop via flash drive but its far from a fix Still can't download anything but I can see images and watch some youtube videos But theres another error as well when i try to download off of firefox I have tried changing my Internet Security settings but they don't solve anything and they actually reset themselves back to the defualt Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded after about - minuites Pretty confident it's a windows issue and not a Networking issue as everyone else can connect fine and iits also causing issues like quot File is corrupt quot whenever trying to open files and is breaking both Firefox and IE But if mods think this thread is more appropiate somewhere else Be my guest to move it where it would get awnsered better Tried so far Reinstalling windows Yes i moved my games files to flash drive s and formatted my disk when installing Changing Internet Security Settings Thanks in advance

A:Security Alert Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded

Hi, welcome to the forums you say changed internet security settings go to start, search and (copy paste) inetcpl.cpl ,,2 Open custom and make sure a check in "enable" is set for "Downloads". If you have already done this (it is this way by default) what Anti Virus do you use, and firewall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/security-alert-your-current-security-settings-do-not-allow-this-file-to-be-downloaded-670678.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This advice is reposted from General and Settings Information, to Security How Security Warnings tighten the advice given by Tony Klein the acknowledged General Security Information, How to tighten Security Settings and Warnings spyware amp malware expert who supports many forums on the net I have added a few minor updates to it You usually get infected because your security settings are too low Here are a number of recommendations that will help tighten them and which will contribute to making you a less likely victim Watch what you download Many freeware programs and P P programs like Grokster Imesh Kazaa and others are amongst the most notorious come with an enormous amount of bundled spyware that will eat system resources slow down your system clash with other installed software or just plain crash your browser or even Windows itself Go to IE gt Tools gt Windows Update gt Product Updates and install ALL Security Updates listed It s important to always keep current with the latest security fixes from Microsoft Install those patches for Internet Explorer and make sure your installation of Java VM is up-to-date There are some well known security bugs with Microsoft Java VM which are exploited regularly by browser hijackers Go to Internet Options Security Internet press default level then OK Now press quot Custom Level quot In the ActiveX section set the first two options quot Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls to prompt and Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe quot to disable Now you will be asked whether you want ActiveX objects to be executed and whether you want software to be installed Sites that you know for sure are above suspicion can be moved to the Trusted Zone in Internet Option security So why is activex so dangerous that you have to increase the security for it When your browser runs an activex control it is running an executable program It s no different from doubleclicking an exe file on your hard drive Would you run just any random file downloaded off a web site without knowing what it is and what it does And some more advice Install Javacool s SpywareBlaster It will protect you from all spy foistware in it s database by blocking installation of their ActiveX objects Download and install download the latest updates and you ll see a list of all spyware programs covered by the program NOTE this is NOT spyware found on your computer Press quot select all quot then quot kill all checked quot and you re done The spyware that you told Spywareblaster to set the quot kill bit quot for won t be a hazard to you any longer Although it won t protect you from every form of spyware known to man it is a very potent extra layer of protection Don t forget to check for updates every week or so Let s also not forget that SpyBot Search and Destroy has the Immunize feature which works roughly the same way It can t hurt to use both Another brilliant program by Javacool we recommend is SpywareGuard It provides a degree of real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster s protection method An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing but for spyware And you can easily have an anti-virus program running alongside SpywareGuard It now also features Download Protection and Browser Hijacking Protection IE-SPYAD puts over sites in your restricted zone so you ll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren t actually innocent at all The IE hosts file blocks ads banners cookies web bugs and even most hijackers This is accomplished by blocking the Server that supplies these little gems Example - the following entry ad doubleclick net blocks all files supplied by the DoubleClick Server to the web page you are viewing This also prevents the server from tracking your movements It Now includes most major parasites hijackers and unwanted Search Engines In many cases this ... Read more

A:General Security Information, How to tighten Security Settings and Warnings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/general-security-information-how-to-tighten-security-settings-and-warnings.208517/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is copied by tighten - Warnings Information Security to and Settings Security How General dvk s post in the Malware Removal HijackThis forum This advice is reposted from the advice given by Tony Klein the acknowledged spyware amp malware expert who supports many forums on the net I have added a few minor updates to it You usually get infected because your security settings are too General Security Information - How to tighten Security Settings and Warnings low Here are a number of recommendations that will help tighten them and which will contribute to making you a less likely victim Watch what you download Many freeware programs and P P programs like Grokster Imesh Kazaa and others are amongst the most notorious come with an enormous amount of bundled spyware that will eat system resources slow down your system clash with other installed software or just plain crash your browser or even Windows itself Go to IE gt Tools gt Windows Update gt Product Updates and install ALL Security Updates listed It s important to always keep current with the latest security fixes from Microsoft Install those patches for Internet Explorer and make sure your installation of Java VM is up-to-date There are some well known security bugs with Microsoft Java VM which are exploited regularly by browser hijackers Go to Internet Options Security Internet press default level then OK Now press quot Custom Level quot In the ActiveX section set the first two options quot Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls to prompt and Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe quot to disable Now you will be asked whether you want ActiveX objects to be executed and whether you want software to be installed Sites that you know for sure are above suspicion can be moved to the Trusted Zone in Internet Option security So why is activex so dangerous that you have to increase the security for it When your browser runs an activex control it is running an executable program It s no different from doubleclicking an exe file on your hard drive Would you run just any random file downloaded off a web site without knowing what it is and what it does And some more advice Install SpywareBlaster It will protect you from all spy foistware in its database by blocking installation of their ActiveX objects Download and install download the latest updates and you ll see a list of all spyware programs covered by the program NOTE this is NOT spyware found on your computer Press quot select all quot then quot kill all checked quot and you re done The spyware that you told Spywareblaster to set the quot kill bit quot for won t be a hazard to you any longer Although it won t protect you from every form of spyware known to man it is a very potent extra layer of protection Don t forget to check for updates every week or so Let s also not forget that SpyBot Search and Destroy has the Immunize feature which works roughly the same way It can t hurt to use both Another brilliant program by Javacool we recommend is SpywareGuard It provides a degree of real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster s protection method An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing but for spyware And you can easily have an anti-virus program running alongside SpywareGuard It now also features Download Protection and Browser Hijacking Protection IE-SPYAD puts over sites in your restricted zone so you ll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren t actually innocent at all The IE hosts file blocks ads banners cookies web bugs and even most hijackers This is accomplished by blocking the Server that supplies these little gems Example - the following entry ad doubleclick net blocks all files supplied by the DoubleClick Server to the web page you are viewing This also prevents the server from tracking your movements It Now includes most major parasite... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/general-security-information-how-to-tighten-security-settings-and-warnings.603635/
Relevancy 48.59%

i would like 2 reset my admin settins so that i and only i can access them i know its possible when you create a new account but i have to much stuff and to little harddrive space 2 do that
any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changeing-main-admin-file-settings-160499.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've looked around a bit and seen some good advice, but am still stymied; here goes...

Backed up settings and files using PCMover app, following instructions for xfer from Vista to Win7. Win7 installed fine, and re-installed PCMover to finish the transfer.

After the transfer was complete, Windows rebooted to a login screen with only an Admin defined. I never had an admin account set up; must have been used by the manufacturer. Still, I tried every password I could think of; also "" and "admin."

I have used (after reading here) ophcrack (finds no password to crack), and Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (hangs during the boot sequence after finding several UDMAs) with no results.

I cannot boot into Safe Mode, get to a command prompt, or even boot from the Win7 install cd. No idea what else to add.

Thanks for any ideas.

A:Admin Password lockout after xfer of settings

Try to enable build-in admin account remotely:What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/35416-admin-password-lockout-after-xfer-settings.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there this is my first post I've been looking through out the forum trying to look for a problem similar to mine My problem happened probably about a few weeks ago When I installed AVG and AVG PC Tuneup with key gen I got off another website I noticed that I cant install alot of of programs because I need Administrative Privileges I type in msconfig and I get the message You do not have sufficient privileges to run System Please run this utility as a user in the Administrators group Also cannot Uninstall AVG I the settings Admin in User cant I the change Account for never set a password for admin and always log on to my account NANNERGTO I cant change the settings in the User Account for Admin I also get the admin shield next to a lot of radio buttons that wont allow me to save or change things in the User control panel I cant delete manage the admin account There are also I cant change the settings in the User Account for Admin shields next to the rename and delete buttons when I right click on a file I have ran Anti-malware and different Anti-spyware programs and no luck finding anything Hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel Hope there is enough info to begin with Thanks in advance Chris

A:I cant change the settings in the User Account for Admin

It sounds like you have infected your machine with malware. It is highly inadvisable to use keygens.

I suggest you follow this guide to create a malware removal thread.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560229/i-cant-change-the-settings-in-the-user-account-for-admin/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All Could really do with some help on this. We are gonig to be using the HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station with our laptops. The issue I am finding at present is that you have to authorise for use on each laptop. This requires Admin Rights, something that we are no going to give our End Users. According to the manual located at: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05141189, on page 5, "Note: You must be logged on as an administrator on the computer connected to the dock. To enable a non-administrator user to select OK, enter the non-administrator registry key. Contact your HP Technical Consultant for this key." Does anybody have any idea what the key is? Kind Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Elite-Thunderbolt-3-Dock-Admin-Settings/td-p/5642892
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I never have used and and popped Ammyy up changed Admin settings remote access program aside from teamviewer I was sitting next to my desktop without using it and randomly an ammyy admin window popped up I've never used ammyy admin before I didn't click it then a second window popped up that looked like it was changing Ammyy Admin popped up and changed settings my setting I believe they changed something so that they could access my computer when ever they want That second window closed on its own pretty quickly then I hit control alt delete and terminated any processes involving ammyy admin I ran a Ammyy Admin popped up and changed settings bunch of stuff after like malwarebytes jrt ccleaner I'm worried about two things That ammyy admin is still on my computer and That they changed something with my internet firewall etc settings so that they could hop back on my computer remotely when ever they want Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Derek administrator on DEREK-PC - - Running from C Users Derek Desktop Loaded Profiles Derek Available Profiles Derek Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Atheros C Program Files x Dell Wireless Ath WlanAgent exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intuit Inc C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Spotify Ltd C Users Derek AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components IMSS PIconStartup exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Adobe Systems Inc C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv x exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Appl... Read more

A:Ammyy Admin popped up and changed settings

I can also post some of the other logs if that helps?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584472/ammyy-admin-popped-up-and-changed-settings/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all, new user here.

I've had this problem happen to me before and I fixed it the first time. But I just can't seem to remember what to look for now or how to fix it so hopefully you guys can help.

I had to restart my computer to more or less refresh it because it was running slow after being on for a while. But instead of restarting normally, chkdsk ran and then when Windows came up, I had lost some of my previous files and settings and I have forgotten how to get them restored.

I'm running WinXP Pro 2002. Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Missing Admin Account Files/settings

Did you try running chkdsk /f /r - the switches will attempt to repair the issues that chkdsk found. My concern is that, if this is a "regular" thing, then there's something wrong deeper in the PC, and that you may eventually end up losing this data/files/settings permanently.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102656/missing-admin-account-filessettings/
Relevancy 48.59%

So the first thing I noticed was that while I was trying to log in to my admin with I would get a network connection error I was online and connected to the same network I usually am so I was suspicious that somebody didn t want me looking at the page So I went ahead and did a hard reset of my router with the button on the back This fixed the admin console problem but I noticed something else as I was adjusting my settings back I only allow DHCP adresses and they end in and However when I run ipconifg from the cmd exe it says my ipv ends in I thought as I understood it before that only computers those that my router designates with and would have access to the network and the internet My pc is online fine but even though it claims to be using a ip adress out of range What might be going on with that Need tampered with. been settings recovering. have Linksys admin help may nbsp

A:Linksys admin settings may have been tampered with. Need help recovering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-admin-settings-may-have-been-tampered-with-need-help-recovering.902295/
Relevancy 48.59%

so this is it,, i never established a user before 10 minutes ago my login was always administrator,, and due to spy ware and stuff that just started to bug me i decided to create a new log in,,
now when i created this new user my admin user does not exist anymore?? but all the mal ware from my old log in came to this new one,... anyways, the malware is not the prob,,
the prob is that i lost of of my tweaked user settings, i lost my beatifull desktop and i want it back!!! does anyone know how to get back my Admin user????

Relevancy 48.59%

I got the Spy Sheriff virus and removed it some setting are Admin disabled Sheriff, settings problems Spy and other still disabled by the admin even though my profile is set to Administrator HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Spy Sheriff, Admin settings disabled and other problems Ati evxx exe C Spy Sheriff, Admin settings disabled and other problems WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Applications Leadtek WFWIZ exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Applications Leadtek WFTV exe C Applications Virus Scanning hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinFast Schedule C Applications Leadtek WFWIZ exe O - HKLM Run oD quot C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe quot -all O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Applications Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptions O - HKLM Run Openwares LiveUpdate C Program Files LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Applications DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Applications Adobe Acrobat Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup ATI CATALYST System Tray lnk C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item Append to existing PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res E Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C APPLIC MSOFFI OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuite... Read more

A:Spy Sheriff, Admin settings disabled and other problems

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note, in that topic we state:

Quote:

DO NOT FIX ANY ENTRIES OR DELETE ANY FILES YOURSELF. Do not run any specialized tools that you see being used in other threads without direct supervision from one of our trained analysts. Be advised that running any specialized tools not listed in this topic, on your own, is done solely at your own risk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/spy-sheriff-admin-settings-disabled-and-other-problems-336904.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone This is my first post so I hope I have the conventions and lingo right A few weeks ago I was trying to install the software for my printer I got the msg that I needed admin rights I thought I was already 'admin' since I was on my personal laptop After some googling I found out that being an administrator doesn't give have cannot UAC pdfs Cannot rights, cannot open settings, admin change you universal admin rights in Windows So with more googling I found some suggestions on how to do get full admin rights I changed UAC and I did something in the cmd Anyway Cannot change UAC settings, cannot have admin rights, cannot open pdfs it didn't work - now I can't open PDFs Microsoft programs do this weird reinstall step every time I open a program I can't access my C Drive or My Documents and when I go into the control panel to change the UAC I can't click on this option Oh and after all the drama I still couldn't install the printer software So I engaged the services of a professional computer fix-it guy who fiddled around Cannot change UAC settings, cannot have admin rights, cannot open pdfs for an hour couldn't fix the problem and didn't charge for me for his time I am not really too computer savvy so any help would be appreciated I don't know what to do next Thanks heaps Ollie

A:Cannot change UAC settings, cannot have admin rights, cannot open pdfs

Please revert the changes you did, so go back in time. Do it using System Restore option one. If imposiible do option two.

Post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340412-cannot-change-uac-settings-cannot-have-admin-rights-cannot-open-pdfs.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Long story short, my brother passed away a few months ago and I'm trying to use his computer. Of course, he is the admin and I cannot figure out the password...

I've been looking at some tutorials online but I'm seriously lost in all of the information I'm seeing. Can someone walk me through this?

A:I need to restore to factory settings without knowing admin password.

We are not allowed to go in depth on this, but Google has your answer for the password. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231298-i-need-restore-factory-settings-without-knowing-admin-password.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Alright maybe someone can help me & of out folder admin deleted Doc Locked of Settings account My computer crashed during a Windows Update installation btw while Locked out of Doc & Settings folder of deleted admin account on my main administrative account I have two other accounts on the computer one for my wife and one for my son When I was forced to re-install windows and start a new administrative account and lossing all the other accounts the files and documents which are within quot My Documents quot of my wife and son where saved in their quot Documents and Settings quot folders I can access these non-administrative accounts folders easily and everything there before the crash is still there Unfortunatly I can not access the folder which was mine When I click on the folder containing a ton of pictures and writings - some but not all of which is backed up this message comes up quot C Documents and Settings Michael is not Locked out of Doc & Settings folder of deleted admin account accessable Access is denied quot I apparently deleted this account in the re-instalation and because it was the administrative account and or open at the time of the crash it is either locked up or deleted When I right click on the folder to see Properties it tells me there are quot size bytes files folders quot But I am not sure that is truly the case due to the amount of space still being used on the hard drive C I think it is not telling me anything because it is was a quot private quot administrative account I had no password on this account I don t think all the documents are deleted as when I look at the amount of space on the hard drive it is obvious that there is still a ton of information on it most of which was in my own quot My Documents quot folder and subfolders So how can I get around being locked out of this folder The revisions to my book as well as an article I have been working on are in this unaccessable folder and aren t backed up As well as all the photos I had taken since November of last year which is quite a few Help me here in PM or through email protected If we need to talk by phone to walk me through it we ll work that out as well If I get back into these folder I will be so incredibly greatful Thanks Michael nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I've kept my XP SP3 machine around until now. I've got a new Win7 Home Premium 64 machine and started transferring files last night. I was the Admin on the old machine and my wife had her own user account. Easy Transfer only copied her settings and Shared settings. I think I tried telling Easy Transfer to copy the Admin settings but with no success. What other tricks should I try? I'm attempting to use a flash drive, if that tidbit is pertinent.

A:Win Easy Transfer Not Copying Admin settings from old computer

I would not import AppData settings as it is a corruption path into a fresh install. In addition, Easy Transfer can fail with data loss.

Instead I would use the backup and preparation methods just the same as for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7, which also includes the steps, tools and methods which will assure you get and keep a perfect install based on tens of thousands we've helped with here.

Feel free to ask back any questions as you go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327862-win-easy-transfer-not-copying-admin-settings-old-computer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

how do i remove the run as administrator shield/icon on a program even though the 'run this program as administrator' button isn't selected?

A:remove 'run as admin'

Hello Aquaphire,

The UAC shield overlay on a icon indicates that program will require you to give it UAC approval before it is allowed to open/run as elevated (run as administrator). Some programs require this as they were programed no matter if the 'run this program as administrator' option is selected in Compatibility Mode or not.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/78341-remove-run-admin.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Greetings I have two PC's A new one that I had built at a local store and my old one that I have installed a new hard drive in that I have tried with moderate success to rescue from the recycle bin to use for an audio video work station The guys at the store installed Windows Home Premium on the new one Password Admin How Remove an to and it has no password for the Admin account I reinstalled my old copy of Windows Home Premium on my old PC and when I got to the Admin password screen I How to Remove an Admin Password put one in without thinking Everything works fine but I want the old How to Remove an Admin Password PC to be like the new one and not require a password as I have no reason to use them I am one of those people who believe that if you don't put anything that hackers etc would want to steal on my computer there is no need for passwords I keep all of that on a USB drive that I only plug in when it's needed Is there a way to remove that password or do I have to start over and reinstall Windows and not put one in Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396697-how-remove-admin-password.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi i am trying to uninstall a toolbar and some various computer at work and it says i dont have permission but I have ADMIN user profile does anyone know what could cause this ?

A:cant remove programs as the ADMIN

Do you have "Local" admin rights?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302736/cant-remove-programs-as-the-admin/
Relevancy 46.87%

Greetings I have two PC's A new one that I had built at a local store and my old one that I have installed a new hard drive in that I have tried How Remove Admin Password an to with moderate success to rescue from the recycle bin to use for an audio video work station The guys at How to Remove an Admin Password the store installed Windows Home Premium on the new one and it has no password for the Admin account I reinstalled my old copy of Windows Home Premium on my old PC and when I got to the Admin password screen I put one in without thinking Everything works fine but I want the old PC to be like the new one and not require a password as I have no reason to use them I am one of those people who believe that if you don't put anything that hackers etc would want to steal on my computer there is no need for passwords I keep all of that on a USB drive that I only plug in when it's needed Is there a way to remove that password or do I have to start over and reinstall Windows and not put one in Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396697-how-remove-admin-password.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I do not know how to get ride of a virus that our admin person intentionally places in my Micro soft exel and as soon as I ope the excel aplication every thing is blinking and I can not either write, open, close or do anything on ht eexcel and seems corropted program. How can I get ride of the virus she inputs in teh program?

A:remove admin placed sanction

Hi firoozehettehad, welcome to TSF.

This part of the forums is not for problems such as yours. Please create a new thread in this section, (click on this link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f112/

But i have a feeling they will refer you to this section of the rules, especially the red highlighted part.

ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Users may not post hacks, cracks, or give instruction how to pirate any type of software, or anything similar, in any forum of TSF. We do not condone, support or give instruction on any illegal activity pertaining to computer systems, computer hardware, computer software programs or computer related activities. Included in this group of activities are requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-admin-placed-sanction-256229.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have accidentally created a second admin account on RC 7100 machine. How/ why that happened ? another story. However, now I cannot seem to delete it at all. Even when logged in under the account I always use (also admin), go to the User Accounts control panel, and only have options to rename/ change picture of the second admin account. How the heck do I get rid of it?

A:To remove a second admin account impossible?

Command Line: Run an elevated cmd prompt
type: net user USERACCOUNTNAME /delete
and replace useraccountname with the account you want to delete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/11312-remove-second-admin-account-impossible.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I cant change ANYTHING on my computer as out of the blue aspnet has taken over admin rights. I cant reset, uninstall, download or ANYTHING without requiring a password for HOME/ASPNET.... which I dont have!! I have always had the ability to do anything to MY computer but whatever this is has hijacked my laptop.Ive looked online and discovered that this is a MAJOR issue with apparently no solution. Everyone suggests removing Framework.net and/or the user account, but its highly frustrating when I am met with this admin password request to do ANYTHING.This bs has turned my laptop into a paperweight and I dont know what to do!!Im not very computer literate so all these codes etc are confusing me to the end!! HELP???

A:How to remove ASP.NET admin rights without password??

One thing you could try is boot to Safe Mode using Advanced Startup Options, then use System Restore back to a date before this issue first appeared.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-to-remove-aspnet-admin-rights-without-password/358.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A friend gave me an old computer running Win XP Pro, The computer has both a Admin and Guest account setup on it. I have the admin password but right now if I sign in with the Admin account it will not allow me to install any software? I would like to deleted both accounts thus not requiring a login or password can I just go to the Control Panel / User Accounts and remove both and this will solve my issue or do I need to do anything else.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone,

I have a program that requires admin approval to run. However, I would like this program to be used by a power user account, instead of an admin account. I cannot have the admin elevation asking to elevate w/ password every time, as I may not be available when the user attempts to use the program.

Is there a way to prevent the elevation from happening without making the program fall apart?

The program is PTPublisher, if curious. I should also mention that this is a client computer on a network.

Thanks for any help!

A:remove admin elevation for program

Hello Dusty,

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut that any user could run elevated without getting a UAC prompt.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/310359-remove-admin-elevation-program.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey all I'm trying to find a way to tell windows to ignore all it's default settings and let me have completely unrestricted access to my computer My windows laptop is expressly intended for useless junk wherein getting a virus pup or whatever doesn't mean a damn to me Conversely if Restrictions Remove Do I How Admin Account i do not get unrestricted access I'm liable to break my computer in frustration When I How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions say unrestricted access I mean fully unrestricted I need to How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions be able to delete files from anywhere on my hdd including windows' quot protected files quot disable any and all services I choose and install uninstall every program app on my computer My initial thoughts are to disable the UAC which would probably have to be done via registry hack but after hearing about a lot of horror stories I figured I'd get a more experienced opinion Any useful see not trying to tell me I don't really want to do this advice is greatly appreciated Thanks ashi

A:How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions

Here is one possible solution:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-649fc686f13c

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45856-how-do-i-remove-admin-account-restrictions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I hate for my first post to be about something there are tons of posts on already but nothing so far has done the trick I m trying to delete unused files files can't remove 7 Windows admin from my computer I m running an HP desktop with Windows Home Premium bit For a specific example there is a Windows 7 admin can't remove files Windows old folder leftover from Vista when I installed Windows I would like to get rid of this folder It originally had nearly GB in it It would not delete as a folder In frustration I have gone through and deleted everything it would allow me to delete and am still sitting at nearly GB of wasted space I cannot understand why I cannot be allowed to delete files off my own computer I have logged in as adminstrator I have given my normal user account administrator rights I have activated the double secret extra special hidden administrator account STILL I am not allowed to delete files from my computer I m not a programmer or any kind of computer tech guy I m an architect not software architect real architect This is akin to me putting a refrigerator in your house that you can never remove quot Oh it s broken and you need a new one You ll have to put the new one next to the old broken one Enjoy quot I have followed a bunch of the tutorials or instructions on going through properties then security then advanced then owner back out back in to properties back to security then to edit then to permissions and every time there is something else telling me I need permission from something else I swear one of them told me I needed permission from quot Ron-pc Ron quot and that is what I am logged in as My user account says Ron Administrator Password Protected One of the biggest frustrations next to it just not working is that from the hidden administrator account I change the owners and permissions All to quot Administrator quot and then I still get files that say I need permission from TrustedInstaller or SYSTEM or Ron as noted above So they seem to be changed but then aren t Without trying to explain to me why this is necessary because some computer illiterate person might like the infinite number of monkeys manage to accidentally get to the point I have and still need to be protected from themselves can someone tell me how to delete these files from my computer If the answer is Linux that s fine I just need to know before I go through that process if it will work Thanks for any help Tangential question Anyone know if the same thing is going to happen with Windows Tangential queston Is there any way to prevent future programs from installing with these permissions Ron rh nbsp

A:Windows 7 admin can't remove files

Oh! I forgot to say that I also tried EMCO MoveonBoot and as far as I can tell, it didn't delete one file.

Best,
Ron

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-admin-cant-remove-files.1069463/
Relevancy 46.44%

Quote: Originally Posted by Brink

Hello MourningStar,

You might see if this one below may work better for you.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

This tutorial contains Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable and I have somehow created a second admin account. I tried a system restore to a time-point before this happened with no luck. help!

thnx.

A:How Do I Remove Redundant Admin Account?

Hello MourningStar,

That would be the built-in Administrator account. You should be able to go through the tutorial below again to disable it to remove it.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220936-how-do-i-remove-redundant-admin-account.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My friend has a pc at his work that runs windows they need to send pdf files through email however he ran into an issues Security issue Admin once he switched to windows He brings up pdffactory pro while outlook runs in the background once he finds the pdf he wants to email he clicks email button on pdf factory this is where it's suppose to bring up Admin Security issue a compose email in Outlook but instead he gets an error saying quot An error occurred in Windows MAPISendMail failed after this another message pops up saying to retry or switch to in order to fix this causes outlook to restart itself and then it will work So what I did was I set outlook to not run as admin and pdf factory to also not run as admin once i do that he clicks send and brings up outlook and email sends however this obviously causes issues in other programs that did not have issues before i took outlook off run as admin Does anyone know a fix for the pdf factory issue that won't conflict with other software that may use outlook any ideas would be very appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/admin-security-issue-1082601.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all Well I m in a pickle again I have XP pro machines Both are configured with multiple accounts for me my wife and my children PC died a horrible death I have most of the data backed up but I ve pulled out the hard drive and attached it to PC in order to pick up the rest of the files to be sure Unfortunately no matter who logs into PC I am completely unable to access the files under my wife s Documents and Settings folder I can access mine and my children s but no matter what I do I can t get at my wife s files Even if I log in as administrator I get access denied Her account is configured with no password on either machine Oddly if I admin XP other's Security Pro see files? can't - log into PC as Administrator I can t even get at her files on PC s hard drive I mean I m administrator of the whole machine and I get access denied Is there any way to XP Pro Security - admin can't see other's files? get at those files Thanks Steve nbsp XP Pro Security - admin can't see other's files?

A:XP Pro Security - admin can't see other's files?

You need to either mount it as a slave - jumpers on the HDD or

Mount it in place of the CD using the CD's cables. THe CD should be on a different cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-security-admin-cant-see-others-files.277713/
Relevancy 46.01%

Our office is growing fast and I am having an issue with rogue users The main software we use AutoDesk Building Design Suite requires users to be admins on their machines However we are having users install software on their own including personal programs educational licensed software bootleg software etc In the process several users have installed spyware malware leading to bigger issues Without strict support from management to enforce policy but with pressure from management to stop this from happening I am looking for a way to stop user accounts from installing software I would like to keep my admin account capable of doing this of course We are running Win Pro on all users admin ability for install Remove machines I am Remove install ability for admin users not too familiar with modifying policies in Win If you can tell me where to look I have no issue doing the reading I just cannot seem to find the correct info with the searches I have done Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Remove install ability for admin users

You can use the Group Policy Editor to create a Software Restriction Policy. You can also use it to Whitelist applications. You can start with the following.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2008.06.srp.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.10.geekofalltrades.aspx

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/os/win2k/Application_Whitelisting_Using_SRP.pdf

http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog/?p=24

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534965/remove-install-ability-for-admin-users/
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay. basically I think I tried everything, this is so stupid but it's a real problem look at the picture down below, how do you remove the shield? so it's back to normal it's quite annoying, please help!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/20zwn5x.png

A:How to disable ''run as admin'' / remove shield icon?

Hello Jon, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The shield overlay icon is normal to see on a program's icon when it requires administrator approval via UAC prompt before running "elevated".

If you completely disable UAC, it will break all Metro Store apps and prevent them from running until UAC is enabled again. Disabling UAC will not always remove the shield overlay.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/20833-how-disable-run-admin-remove-shield-icon.html
Relevancy 46.01%

What the hell is up with that? Anyone got a solution? Vista just locked all my folders and files in program files. This makes using SVN a ***** cause it can't write the updates.

A:Unable to remove read only from HDD objects even though I'm an admin

you may be able to take ownership of all of the files on the drive. By this I mean going into the properties/security/advanced/owner for the drive. This may help. Best of luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-read-only-from-hdd-objects-even-though-im-an-admin.629676/
Relevancy 46.01%

I can currently remove the Hidden Shares on my Windows XP Pro computer by going to Start > Run > "cmd" > "net share C$ /d" to delete the C$ and likewise for ADMIN$. However, it regenerates after I reboot the machine. How can I permanently remove it? I have tried creating the "AutoShareServer" item in the registry, rebooted, and followed all the isntructions, but it did not work for me. Any step-by-step instructions would be great. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-permanently-remove-hidden-shares-c-admin-118431.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I am using a Win 7 Standard User account and Built-in Admin is activated.

I just want to delete/hide the bottom portion of the UAC message (please refer to screenshot) where it asks for the admin password. Since i don't have one, I just leave it blank and click Yes.

Previous UAC messages didn't ask for the password, just the upper portion.

Appreciate the help. Thank you.

JBN

A:Hide/Remove UAC Admin Password Request

Hello JBN,

When you are logged into a standard user account, then this is normal to get a UAC prompt whenever you try to run or do anything that requires the elevated rights of an administrator. A standard user must enter an administrator's password first.

Other than being logged into a normal administrator account (not built-in Admin) to not have to enter a password, you could use the tutorial below create an elevated shortcut in your built-in Admin account that the standard account can use and not get a UAC prompt at all.

Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266160-hide-remove-uac-admin-password-request.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello so i was redirected from this post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t i-ran-a-suspicious-file-and-hell-began page- because after finishing the virus removal instructions my computer started to ask me if lets say when running cmd do you want the following program to make changes on this computer program name windows command processor verified publisher Microsoft windows i think this may be happening because ive run delfix like instructed in the end and the computer got a black screen and i had to restart Here is the farber recovery scan tool log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by USER administrator on USER-PC - - Running from C Users USER Desktop FArber Loaded Profiles USER Available Profiles USER Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery to not virus after admin? computer remove a full is trying Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is after trying to remove a virus computer is not full admin? included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision after trying to remove a virus computer is not full admin? nvscpapisvr exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore after trying to remove a virus computer is not full admin? exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi x LMIGuardianSvc exe Nero AG C Program Files x Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvContainer nvcontainer exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service nvwirelesscontroller exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi x hamachi- exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System CompatTelRunner exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System CompatTelRunner exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NvContainer nvcontainer exe Gainward Co Ltd C Program Files x EXPERTool TBPanel exe NVIDIA Corporation C Users USER AppData Local NVIDIA NvBackend ApplicationOntology NvOAWrapperCache exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE Node js C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NvNode NVIDIA Web Helper exe SteelSeries ApS C Program Files SteelSeries SteelSeries Engine SteelSeriesEngine exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe NVIDIA Corporation C ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630059/after-trying-to-remove-a-virus-computer-is-not-full-admin/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
Just updated to 8.1. Still undecided. Specifically I somehow managed to get the admin apps shown on the was M$ account, now my local account start page. I can not figure out how to get rid of them. I hope someone with more experience can guide me.
Also can not figure out how to put the admin apps in my admin account.
Thanks for all assistance!
glennc

A:Put admin apps in local account and can't remove

Hello Glenn,

Please go ahead and post a screenshot of this to see if it may help to ID the issue.

Do you mean the Administrative Tools on the Start screen by chance?

Administrative Tools - Hide or Show in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33936-put-admin-apps-local-account-cant-remove.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Running windows 7 and attempted to change startup through msconfig and received an access denied you are not a security admin message , but I am a security admin

A:access denied - not a security admin

Try going into Cotnrol Panel > User Account > Change User Account Control settings and set the slider to the top. This should reset UAC so that everything requiring UAC to act normally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-not-a-security-admin.1083937/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've heard browsing on admin accounts puts you at a lot more risk than using a less privileged user account, what are some things I can do to make it more secure? I got UAC at the highest level but I'm not sure if that makes a big difference

A:Is Admin account an security risk?

Hello Josh,

Being signed in to the built-in elevated "Administrator" account is more of a security risk because it's an unrestricted "elevated" account. Everything that runs (including malware) while you are signed in to this account will also be running with the same unrestricted elevated rights.

Normally, you would get an UAC prompt anytime something wants to run elevated (Run as administrator). You do not get prompted by UAC in the built-in elevated "Administrator" account since it's already elevated.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40600-admin-account-security-risk.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My Windows security issue admin 8 friend has a pc at his work that runs windows they need to send pdf files through email however he ran into an issues once he switched to windows He brings up pdffactory pro while outlook runs in Windows 8 admin security issue the background once he finds the pdf he wants to email he clicks email button on pdf factory this is where it's suppose to bring up a compose email in Outlook but instead he gets an error saying quot An error occurred in Windows MAPISendMail failed after this another message pops up saying to retry or switch to in order to fix this causes outlook to restart itself and then it will work So what I did was I set outlook to not run as admin and pdf factory to also not run as admin once i do that he clicks send and brings up outlook and email sends however this obviously causes issues in other programs that did not have issues before i took outlook off run as admin Does anyone know a fix for the pdf factory issue that won't conflict with other software that may use outlook any ideas would be very appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73304-windows-8-admin-security-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Help!, under "Manage Security Settins For:" in the new Security Center, there is just empty space! My LiveUpdate for my Symantec products has stopped working ever since Service Pack 2 and I feel like I might be able to fix the problem if I had some options as to changing the new Antivirus in SP2.
Please help, thanks.

A:Security Center: No Security Settings!

SP2 doesn't contain an AV program. Security Center checks to see if you are using a current AV program, and notifies you accordingly. Your problem is likely with the new Windows firewall; it's blocking ports your LiveUpdates needs. Check out some known issues on this topic at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842242&product=windowsxpsp2

These other links may provide some help as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wscintro.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;ln;xpsp2installed

James

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-center-no-security-settings.268478/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
I want to know how to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password when

reset disk is not available?

A:How to remove Windows 7 logon screen and admin password?

Hi Amin2234,

As far as I know, this option is useful in case we will forget the passwords in the future. If we have created a password reset disk, we can use it to reset the password without re-installing the machine. If this option is missing or corrupted,
we will have to reinstall the machine if we have forgotten the password.

As for the security reasons, it is not available to reset the password without the resetting password disk. We shouldn`t be worried about this.

Best Regards,
Tao

Please
mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.
If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29e90ccf-1fbd-4205-8ef3-5d47193e7865/how-to-remove-windows-7-logon-screen-and-admin-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 45.58%

Admin acct was enabled during malware cleanup. I've tried the 'net user Administrator /active:no' and it's not working.

Need to be able to boot straight to desktop.

Options?

A:Disable Admin acct OR remove logon screen?

Hi Netghost56 Did you run the command inside a command prompt opened with Admin Rights (right-click on cmd and select Run as Administrator)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574956/disable-admin-acct-or-remove-logon-screen/
Relevancy 45.58%

i have attached my dds log file.  Thank you very much !!

A:spybot detected ilivid toolbar but cant remove it, even when i run as an admin

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497751/spybot-detected-ilivid-toolbar-but-cant-remove-it-even-when-i-run-as-an-admin/
Relevancy 45.58%

Logging as administrator, I tried to remove admin password. It wouldn't let me do it and now, when I restart and click on the admin icon to log in, it tells me the system is read only and shuts down. If I run f2, f8, etc. the computer shuts down after 30 seconds or so. Please HELP
ASAP!!!

A:tried to remove admin password on PC - now read only - system shuts do

Quote: Originally Posted by swflorida

Logging as administrator, I tried to remove admin password. It wouldn't let me do it and now, when I restart and click on the admin icon to log in, it tells me the system is read only and shuts down. If I run f2, f8, etc. the computer shuts down after 30 seconds or so. Please HELP
ASAP!!!

swflorida,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Whose computer is this?

How many accounts on the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/184513-tried-remove-admin-password-pc-now-read-only-system-shuts-do.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Basically when I setup my system I run my primary user as an admin to install and set everything the way I like it After a week or so I Admin Allowed Own Only 10 it's to Rights Windows Administrator Remove remove my primary user from the Administrators group I then use the default Admin account usually Administrator to do any other major changes or installs I understand that he default administrator account is disabled by Windows and needs to be enabled Windows 10 Allowed Only Administrator to Remove it's Own Admin Rights but my gripe is that windows has allowed my only active user which happen to be in the local admin group to remove it's own Administrative privilege Now I have a PC with one standard user and no way to enable my admin or otherwise do any administrative actions HOW CAN I ENABLE ADMIN WHEN MY ONLY USER ISN'T AN ADMIN WHY WOULD WINDOWS ALLOW THIS TO OCCUR I've attached a couple screen shots showing my list of users which will show the only active user and the other disabled icon shows down arrow as well as my Administrator group showing the disabled Administrator user which is disabled Please anyone what's the fix And I know I should have enabled the Administrator account BEFORE I removed my own admin but I'm here now and need a fix Thanks BlankMe

A:Windows 10 Allowed Only Administrator to Remove it's Own Admin Rights

Hello BlankMe Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The first place to look for that type of information besides a Bing search would be the tutorial section! Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The guide there will take you through everything one step at a time while the primary user generally does see an active administrator account by default unless changed to a standard account at which time another account is created. Creating a new MS account is generally how that works with 10. In fact I going to see that enabled right now for you here on the second test build I control remotely for these types of situations.

First I will simply use Option One in the guide there to simply type in the basic command once I right click on the remote system's Start button and select the Command prompt(admin) option for the elevated command prompt option. That will prevent any UAC interactions.

You will note the confirmation seen in the Team Viewer 11 window on the right monitor shows the command entered was a success.. The Hidden admin account is now active and is immediately followed by logging out of the admin account as shown in the guide as well and looking at two login instead of only one once this has been seen to.

The first time this takes place will be like 10 has just been put on fresh all over again with the familiar welcome screens saying lots of great features to get excited about, etc. etc. blah blah blah Getting everything ready for you, etc. etc. while you wait for the "Let's Start. Here I have to clear off the Team Viewer gui as I watch the OneDrive update notification appear and then take a look in the Start>Settings>Accounts to suddenly see no profile picture and a new admin account waiting to be named!

Funny the existing user account is not to be found once you are logged into the Hidden System Admin made active. As you can see the process goes quickly without any large fuss but just a few steps depending on which option you choose to work with.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41215-windows-10-allowed-only-administrator-remove-its-own-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I'm in the process of attempting to set the appropriate lockdowns on my Vista Ultimate 64 test workstation by use of GPO however, I inadvertently applied a GPO package that upon reboot locked out the built-in admin account by changing its password, and since that was the only account on the machine I can no longer boot into the system. Is there any way to undo or work around this? Help

A:Vista Security GPO's Dumped Admin Password

Use System Restore from WinRE (METHOD I) System Restore - Undo

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257066-vista-security-gpos-dumped-admin-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Do the security programs updated and maintained separately? For instance, if I update, run, or use immunize feature in Spybot S &D in the admin. account, does that extend to the regular accounts as well? What about the opposite?If I use admin privileges in a user account to do the same, does that extend to other accounts as well or is it contained withing that account?

A:Just a question about security in user/admin accounts

Unless otherwise specified when installed (some programs), It will update for all users

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205346/just-a-question-about-security-in-useradmin-accounts/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a list of files names that I put in a text file named list txt Need to find them in more folders sub folders which has files in it The below script works fine but I would like the Admin Right to be removed and also I want the files to be moved permanently Copy | Admin Remove Move Rights file Batch instead and of into C your files Is there any one who could help me in this Thank you in advance echo off REM c BY NEUTRON http www sevenforums com member php u CLS TITLE Mass file finder by Neutron REM finds files in list txt file and copies them to C your files REM CHECK FOR ADMIN RIGHTS COPY b y NUL WINDIR CF EB - E - a - D -AB AE CF gt NUL gt amp IF ERRORLEVEL GOTO NONADMIN DEL WINDIR CF EB - E - a - D -AB AE CF gt NUL gt amp ADMIN REM GOT ADMIN RIGHTS COLOR F ECHO Hi USERNAME ECHO Please wait FOR R quot dp quot I IN DO for f quot usebackq delims quot a in quot dp list txt quot do echo d xcopy quot I a quot quot C your files quot e i COLOR F ECHO ECHO c by Neutron http www sevenforums com member php u PAUSE GOTO EOF NONADMIN REM NO ADMIN RIGHTS COLOR F ECHO ECHO PLEASE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ECHO pause GOTO EOF

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384368-remove-admin-rights-move-instead-copy-batch-file.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay, when I've tried the other forums they instructed me to go through this process:

My Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/WIndows

And in the right pane there is supposed to be a title, Registered Name, but there is not. All I have is stuff such as accessories, CommonFilesDir, devicepath,mediapath, etc.

What do I do?

Relevancy 45.15%

hey guys i am in need to create a batch file that can add remote remove computer from batch file admin to rights remove admin rights from remote computers in my network So far i have been able to put together two file the first accepts the input which is the hostname OR IP address and the calls the second batch file to do the job to remove admin rights but facing a couple of batch file to remove admin rights from remote computer issues which I was hoping you can help me with I am looking for a file which can probably combine the below two to a single one if possible can delete all domain users from the 'Administrators' group without removing the 'Domain Admins' group can you look at the code and help me tweak it batch file to remove admin rights Code echo off cd C pstools set p input enter hostname or IP address of the system to connect to psexec exe input -u administrator -p password quot C batch bat quot pause the file bat that is called by the above file to add remove admin users Code echo off set p quot input domain username quot if i quot quot quot add quot goto add if i quot quot quot del quot goto del goto EOF del quot c windows system net localgroup administrators quot quot domain input quot delete for F i in 'net localgroup administrators' do net localgroup administrators i delete goto EOF add c windows system net localgroup administrators quot domain input quot add goto EOF pause

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396870-batch-file-remove-admin-rights-remote-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've spent many hours looking though Google and other sites, and even this very forum. But I can't find any way to bypass administrators on a local computer.

Is there any way to remove an administrator account for good with a standard account?

Specifics:Standard account, with no guest account
Unknown administrator password
Cannot install/Burn programs
OS is Windows 7, Home Premium 32-bit

Is there any way for a person with those specifics to remove the administrator account or at least change the administrator password?

A:Is There Any Way to Bypass/Remove/Change Person-Made Admin/Passwords?

Hello bigyihsuan, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sure, you could do a clean install of Windows to do so.

Other than that, we can't help you to bypass/hack administrators since we have no idea of the legitimacy of this. It would violate the forum rules.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313815-there-any-way-bypass-remove-change-person-made-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I dont have a ton of symptoms but I cant change security mysterious shares admin and policies..infected? changes my to my admin rights back and when I try to open files I get a contact admin message this is a fresh install and have for days not been able to install sound drivers please help me figure this out also I have seen a stopping mysterious changes to my admin shares and security policies..infected? file group policy message when I reboot Operating System MS Windows XP Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Pentium Prescott nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Intel Corporation D GAG J E C Graphics e t x Hz Intel reg G GV GL Express Chipset Family Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD JD- LSA SATA C Optical Drives SONY DVD RW DW-Q A Audio No audio card detected DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE svchost exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C WINDOWS system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Program Files Origin Origin exe C Program Files Origin OriginClientService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Pseudo HJT Report uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun egui quot c program files eset eset smart security egui exe quot hide waitservice mRun TaskTray mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun EvtMgr c program files logitech setpointp SetPoint exe launchGaming mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE StartupFolder c docume owner startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files common files logishrd ereg setpoint eReg exe mPolicies-explorer NoDesktopCleanupWizard x mPolicies-explorer ForceClassicControlPanel x mPolicies-explorer MaxRecentDocs x mPolicies-explorer NoSMConfigurePrograms x mPolicies-explorer NoRecentDocsNetHood x mPolicies-explorer MemCheckBoxInRunDlg x DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces A E B -F - -B CA-F C EE E DhcpNameServer Handler belarc - E AB- E - D -B ED- CC A F - c program files belarc advisor system BAVoilaX dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll Notify LBTWlgn - c program files common files logishrd bluetooth LBTWlgn dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SecurityProviders schannel dll credssp dll digest dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings owner application data mozilla firefox profiles ow d ui default FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - google com FF - plugin c documents and settings owner application data mozilla firefox profiles ow d ui default extensions battlefieldplay free ea com plugins npBP FUpdater dll FF - plugin c program files java jre bin new plugin npjp dll FF - plugin c program files microsoft silverlight npctrlui dll FF - plugin c program files pando networks media booster npPandoWebPlugin dll SERVICES DRIVERS R mv xxmm mv xxmm c windows system drivers mv xxmm sys - - R mv xxmm mv xxmm c windows system drivers mv xxmm sys - - R mvxxmm mvxxmm c windows system drivers mvxxmm sys - - R ehdrv ehdrv c windows system drivers ehdrv s... Read more

A:mysterious changes to my admin shares and security policies..infected?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/437983 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437983/mysterious-changes-to-my-admin-shares-and-security-policiesinfected/
Relevancy 44.72%

I wonder if you can help me, I recently had Vista Internet Security on my laptop? I?ve removed it with Malwarebyte and scanned my computer 3 times to make sure it was gone. However, now in order to open anything on my computer I have to right click and run as an admin. None of my programs run on start up anymore because I have to go through and open them all as admin. Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303019/running-as-admin-after-removing-vista-internet-security/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello-
my son, set up as a standard user
plays a game on my Vista box (32 bit Ultimate) called FIFA Online 2.
It will only run if you right click the shortcut and select "run as administrator" -
at which point he enters my credentials (his father - the Administrator).

(This requirement for ADMIN mode is documented on the game's website)

Problem is, once he knows my password, he can now do anything he likes.
He might as well be an Admin.

How can I set things up so that he is is not able to elevate his privilege
to Administrator, except for just this one game.

It must be possible; I've been reading up on UAC, but so far I don't see how
to do it.

Perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way? Thanks for any info.
Dave

A:standard user needs Admin security context for one game

Dave
Magons Lius suggestion may work (using cmd prompt)
Let us know so we all can learn
Open a CMD prompt and type

runas /?

then hit the <Enter> key. What you are looking for is the use of the runas
command in combination with its /user and /savecred switches. You create a
shortcut to the application you want to run with admin credentials, but the
shortcut invokes the application through runas instead of directly.

The first time you launch the software in the end user's account using that
shortcut you will be prompted for a password. You supply the password that
one time. From then on the shortcut uses the stored credentials you gave it.

Best Regards
Magon Liu
MS technet

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/294913-standard-user-needs-admin-security-context-one-game.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows Admin account and password security issue I had a message today that a UK TV program suggest that all windows accounts should be password and security account issue Windows Admin password protected I also noticed that PCs are now often preset up recently a ASUS system was setup - so that when switched ON you do not have to setup - it takes you directly to Windows Admin account and password security issue the Windows Admin account and password security issue start screen and with no user password Most of my users are elderly and passwords do get them confused sometimes- so with new PCs we tend to set-up account that logs in automatically and do not use a password But ensure UAC set any program trying to run will prompt for permission Is there a huge security advantage in having a windows login - for a single user who does not have any one else in the home and the PC does not leave the house I m trying to find the program in UK that may have made quite a few people unsure of their security now I guess then a we should also setup a user account and not use the admin account if we are trying to avoid potential malware using the admin account etc Thanks Wayne nbsp

A:Windows Admin account and password security issue

A standard account will stop some hacker/malware from owning the machine right off upon infection. But some malware will still function in a standard account.

Depending on whether your users do online banking and do online purchases, you might want to install some kind of anti-keylogging program to foil somebody capturing passwords and credit card info. I use Zemana.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-admin-account-and-password-security-issue.1137833/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently automatically updated Windows 7. Howevere, when I try to log on after re-starting the computer, it shows the following message:

The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

My computer is HP x64.

Please help.

A:Recent security updates seem to have changed the admin password

See this: I receive error message: The user profile service failed the - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322337-recent-security-updates-seem-have-changed-admin-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My laptop HP Windows with Norton Internet Security was infected with the Mandiant U S A Cyber Security on morning I have three user accounts the only one that is infected is the Admin account The other two are fine Once Infected Security - U.S.A. with Admin user Mandiant only Cyber I log into the admin account the screen goes white and then it shows the Mandiant U S A Cyber Security screen I tried to reboot with safe mode but the system restarts right away again this only happens under the Admin account The other two accounts do not have admin privileges I ran DSS exe but was not able to generate dds txt or attach txt files I read on other posts run RSIT Below is the log from RSIT Please note that log was created from one of the two non-admin users that have not been infected Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Samir amp Fairuz at - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Infected with Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security - Admin user only Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam YCMMirage exe Infected with Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security - Admin user only C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging smart web printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files trend micro Samir amp Fairuz exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start sweetpacks com src amp st amp crg amp barid EC EE FC-A BE- E -A -B AF a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SelectionLinksBHO - F -A - -A - A A C A - no file O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A ... Read more

A:Infected with Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security - Admin user only

My laptop, (HP, Windows 7 with Norton Internet Security) was infected with the Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security on 7/15/2013 morning.  I have three user accounts, the only one that is infected is the Admin account.  The other two are fine.

Once I log into the admin account, the screen goes white and then it shows the Mandiant U.S.A. Cyber Security screen.  I tried to reboot with safe mode, but the system restarts right away, again, this only happens under the Admin account.  The other two accounts do not have admin privileges. 

I ran DSS.exe, but was not able to generate dds.txt or attach.txt files.  I read on other posts run RSIT.  Below is the log from RSIT

Please note that log was created from one of the two (non-admin) users that have not been infected.

Logfile of random's system information tool 1.09 (written by random/random)
Run by Samir & Fairuz at 2013-07-18 22:33:24
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1
System drive C: has 18 GB (7%) free of 275 GB
Total RAM: 3894 MB (53% free)
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:33:33 PM, on 7/18/2013
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v10.0 (10.00.9200.16635)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam\YCMMirage.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPMSGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuschd2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqbam08.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\20.4.0.40\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgpc01.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\smart web printing\hpswp_clipbook.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\trend micro\Samir & Fairuz.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://g.msn.com/HPNOT/1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.sweetpacks.com/?src=10&st=12&crg=3.5000006.10042&barid={EC2EE9FC-A7BE-11E2-A532-B086246198AF}
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Se... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501537/infected-with-mandiant-usa-cyber-security-admin-user-only/
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear forum members AVG antivirus is constantly informing me of infections from Adware toolbar kt which AVG claims it has removed but pops up again and from idp program c which AVG seems unable to remove or quarrantine since claming constantly that it is infected These malware seem idp.program.87352c65 admin Adware Limits right Toolbar.kt, basicscan? Remove and to limit my admin rights preventing me for example from editing host files under system drivers host wanted to remove hijackthis lines I ran the dds and posted the log below I also ran the rootkit that log is the bottom Your help on this is most appreciated Remove Adware Toolbar.kt, idp.program.87352c65 and basicscan? Limits admin right please take a look and see if you can aid me here Cheers Icecore DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by notandi at on - - Option Extended Search is enabled Option Whitelisting is disabled Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - Remove Adware Toolbar.kt, idp.program.87352c65 and basicscan? Limits admin right E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Remove Adware Toolbar.kt, idp.program.87352c65 and basicscan? Limits admin right Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files BasicScan basicscan exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsssvc exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files BasicScan basicscan exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Samsung Kies KiesAirMessage exe C Program Files Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files Samsung Kies External FirmwareUpdate KiesPDLR exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Users notandi AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users notandi Downloads HijackThis exe C Users notandi Downloads RogueKiller exe C Windows system notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Win... Read more

A:Remove Adware Toolbar.kt, idp.program.87352c65 and basicscan? Limits admin right

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492668/remove-adware-toolbarkt-idpprogram87352c65-and-basicscan-limits-admin-right/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Saturday night I got a notice from my virus checker Norton Security Alert; Bogus Locked Windows Of Out Tools Admin of a Trojan attack I thought that it had been successfully blocked but when I rebooted on Sunday I started Bogus Windows Security Alert; Locked Out Of Admin Tools getting the following popup about every minutes mispellings and all Windows Security AlertWarning Potential Spyware Bogus Windows Security Alert; Locked Out Of Admin Tools Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to pervent any Bogus Windows Security Alert; Locked Out Of Admin Tools unathorised access to your files Click YES to download spyware remover I also discovered that I am locked out of many administrative applications e g task manager I followed the instructions in the Preparations Guide before posting to this forum but I am still getting the popup and I am still locked out of administrative applications I have pasted my HijackThis log below A few other notes which I hope are helpful I ran Adware times it reported over infections the first time and indicated that it had repaired them However the rd th and th times I ran it it showed infections each time even though it indicated that it had repaired them each time Also after running Adware I started getting an error message each time I shut down stating that that reg exe had failed to initialize with the following error code xc Now intermittantly on restart Windows stalls at a blue screen with the Windows logo and quot Please wait quot It eventually it gets past this and loads One of the virus checkers recommended in the Preparation Guide I believe it was Housecall indicated that I had worm nucrp gen and java bytever dl BitDefender listed me as infected with a variety of trojan viruses Trojan Downloader WinAntivirus ATrojan Exploit Byteverify VTrojan Downloader Java Agent ATrojan Java Downloader DJava Trojan Exploit BytverifyGeneric Malware SDYd wdld D CFDC BJava Trojan Femad AJava Trojan Femad BTrojan Revop ETrojan Exploit Byteverify ACTrojan Agent AGEGDeepScan Generic Malware SDYBd wdld FDAB EGeneric Qhost Clearly I'm a mess I will be extremely grateful if someone can guide me out of this Or maybe I should just chuck the whole PC MikeLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system proper exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exeC Program Files MEDIC bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCP... Read more

A:Bogus Windows Security Alert; Locked Out Of Admin Tools

Addendum: I also ran Spybot as outlined in the Preparation Guide. After running it a few times (and rebooting between each scan) I got the same 5 problems detected each time. As with some of the other scanners, Spybot indicated that the problems were fixed, but each would reappear with each subsequent scan.

Whee.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121470/bogus-windows-security-alert;-locked-out-of-admin-tools/
Relevancy 44.29%

Im running Win Admin Locked Denied Folders - - Permissions Security Acount? off an SSD and my girlfriend got jealous Folders Locked - Security Permissions Denied - Admin Acount? over how fast my PC is so she bought herself on SSD for Black Friday as well as a new TB HDD to use for her games and data etc and now wants me to set up her new SSD so Folders Locked - Security Permissions Denied - Admin Acount? only her Win is running off it like mine is I was going to work on it today start migrating all her stuff from her old HDD to her new one and then start prepping its partitions so all her games apps data music etc would remain only on the HDD and then clone the rest to the SSD Then I discovered something interesting Many of her folders have a small LOCK icon on them and they're not accessible even to her own Admin Account Ok fine right click on the folder and click the security tab to change the permissions and click Apply and Access Denied But we're on the Admin account I don't have any of these problems on MY Windows installation so whats the deal with hers and how do I resolve it Both she and I need to have complete and total access to every folder on her computer as I have on mine

A:Folders Locked - Security Permissions Denied - Admin Acount?

Nyarlathotep,

See if the following helps:

Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/353772-folders-locked-security-permissions-denied-admin-acount.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there, I am a Newbie with a question still unanswered after I reviewed some previous questions regarding :

Do the following update globally on home computer with 1 Admin Acct and 2 Limited Accts????

Spybot AVG Clean Up! Windows Updates

These are the 3 prog/apps I run for security purposes from my Admin Acct.
I would think that these should update the whole computer system with regard to Protection.

Any definitive help is appreciated.........I just got Win XP after 10 yrs With Win 2000 Now I have XP with choice for Vista rollover whenever I choose. I really want to know the answer to such a seemingly easy question. I didn't see the answer in Knowledge Ctr.

Ironbird Remember I'm New here!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-acct-security-updates-the-limited-user-accts-350584.html
Relevancy 44.29%

accidently i seted securtiy controll denied for all authenticated users as an i am administrator i cant even acces to my c drive & some other drive in which i have been set full control security denied for authenticated users ... its very harasing for me ..please advice me how can i remove the security and i can access the data...its very important data in my laptop...i cant run my laptop in safe mode...because i set permission denied as an all authenticated users.

A:accidently i seted security denied in authenticated user as an admin

You will need to take ownership of the files in order to fix the file permissions. Assuming you are using the advanced file permission management, of course. The following thread will be able to help you do this: Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/260111-accidently-i-seted-security-denied-authenticated-user-admin.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi folks Big problems on my PC running XP Home To Ctrl+alt+ Tab Need Help Missing, Revoked; Rights More, Admin Panel Control All Remove Problem; version Control Panel has disappeared All tasks that require admin rights including correcting the clock are unavailable and generate the following message quot Restrictions The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect Control Panel Missing, Ctrl+alt+ Tab Problem; All Admin Rights Revoked; More, Need Help To Remove on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot a pop up box titled quot Copying quot appears every - minutes and spends seconds copying with a pop up box titled quot Windows Security Alert quot appears every - Control Panel Missing, Ctrl+alt+ Tab Problem; All Admin Rights Revoked; More, Need Help To Remove minutes with the following text quot Warning Potential Sptware Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to your files Click here to download Spyware Remover quot I have IE as my default browser yet every - miinutes an IE session starts up and attempts to access this URL quot http alert htm quot My internet speed has reduced a lot My hijackthis log is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes I WINDOWS System smss exe I WINDOWS system winlogon exe I WINDOWS system services exe I WINDOWS system lsass exe I WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe I WINDOWS system spoolsv exe I Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe E AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe I WINDOWS Explorer exe I Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe I PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe i program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe i PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe I PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe I Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe E PowerDVD PDVDServ exe I Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe E Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe I Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe E iTunes iTunesHelper exe I WINDOWS system rundll exe I Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe I Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe I Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe I WINDOWS system pctspk exe I Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE E AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe I Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe I WINDOWS system winter exe I WINDOWS system ctfmon exe I Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe I Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe I Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe I WINDOWS system svchost exe I WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat ObjectDock ObjectDock exe I WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat YzToolbar YzToolBar exe I Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe I WINDOWS system wscntfy exe I Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe I Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe I PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe I Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe I Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE I Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE E FREEDO fdm exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I WINDOWS System svchost exe I Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe I WINDOWS system proper exe F - REG system ini UserInit I WINDOWS system userinit exe I WINDOWS system pdbcopy exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - I Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - I Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - E MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO scr... Read more

A:Control Panel Missing, Ctrl+alt+ Tab Problem; All Admin Rights Revoked; More, Need Help To Remove

Hi folks,Big problems on my PC running XP Home version. 1) Control Panel has disappeared2) All tasks that require admin rights (including correcting the clock) are unavailable and generate the following message: "Restrictions: The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. " 3) a pop up box titled "Copying..." appears every 2-3 minutes and spends 15 seconds copying with 4) a pop up box titled "Windows Security Alert" appears every 2-3 minutes with the following text " Warning! Potential Sptware Operation! Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to your files! Click here to download Spyware Remover...". .5) I have IE as my default browser yet every 4-5 miinutes an IE session starts up and attempts to access this URL "http://81.13.38.39/alert.htm"6)My internet speed has reduced a lotMy hijackthis.log isLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 3:42:57 PM, on 1/19/2008Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:I:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeI:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exeE:\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exeI:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exeI:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exei:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exei:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exeI:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exeI:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exeE:\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exeI:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exeE:\Microsoft Office 2007\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeI:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exeE:\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeI:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exeI:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exeI:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.EXEE:\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exeI:\Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\RichVideo.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\winter.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exeI:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exeI:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SAService.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeI:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exeI:\WINDOWS\BricoPacks\Vista Inspirat\YzToolbar\YzToolBar.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exeI:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exeI:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeI:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exeI:\PROGRA~1\McAfee&#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126537/control-panel-missing-ctrlalt-tab-problem;-all-admin-rights-revoked;-more-need-help-to-remove/
Relevancy 43.86%

I was recently at my friend s business and they have a really scary scenario First they are setup in a workgroup not domain on XP They share files not only through explorer but through programs like Quicken Word etc Normally there are users on their businesses wireless network sharing files such as financial data personal information and other extremely confidential stuff Recently as an effect of the hurricane they had many students move into the location since they were all displaced There are now different users connected wirelessly and they are all capable Denied? desperate need help In security. for Shares on Access mapped, Hidden admin of viewing modifying Hidden Shares mapped, Access Denied? In desperate need for admin help on security. deleting this confidential information I suggested encrypting the wireless network blocking off access to the students but they have had threats from students saying they will leave if they can t get online to do their studies The company can t really afford that and have already had some people reset the router physically Still that wouldn t solve the serious security issue here I thought about creating password protected folders but for some reason I can t set that up in their XP I am capable of making a hidden share after turning off simple file sharing but whenever I mapped it on the other computers and tried to access it I got the quot Access Denied quot However regular shares such as the information we re trying to secure from everyone else opens up fine There must be some way to totally secure this financial data and student information even grades because as it goes right now every single student has the capability of viewing modifying and deleting it I thought about adding another wireless router behind the current wireless router and placing only them on the second router but I m not sure how secure that would be I planned on going there after I get out of school to help them out and they even gave me the go ahead to get them any parts if necessary Any suggestions This is really bothering me I would appreciate the help nbsp

A:Hidden Shares mapped, Access Denied? In desperate need for admin help on security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hidden-shares-mapped-access-denied-in-desperate-need-for-admin-help-on-security.442576/
Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 43.43%

this is malware, and keeps recurring even if you delete from control panel and un-install programs.
you need to download a neat piece of kit called revo uninstaller pro. find the nasty little 123 program on that and zap it/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-settings-v1-2-3-how-to-remove.1001664/
Relevancy 43.43%

A friend of mine brought a laptop for me to fix I just cannot seem to correct this problem Apparently one of his children tried to download a game but it messed up his internet connection and cannot connect to the internet using iexplorer or google chrome I ran malwarebytes and it threw remove settings Can't proxy up a bunch of stuff which I removed the malwarebytes scan now shows no issues but a problem is still there It seems that something has changed his LAN settings on his computer When I try to alter them and check OK they just revert back to using a proxy with no internet Can't remove proxy settings connection available I have since downloaded firefox from another computer installed it on the Can't remove proxy settings infected one but that did not work also I then went into the settings in firefox changed the proxy setting and all is OK with this browser but every time I try to change the proxy settings in iexplorer it just re checks itself after I click OK Something is changing this computer settings noknojon posted yesterday with what seems to be the same problem and explained it a lot better than me May I request a bit of assistance from anyone please Information laptop - Asus X series OS - win regards

A:Can't remove proxy settings

Hey, Succuba

DNS settings:Start - Control Panel - Network and sharing center- Change adapter settings - choose your active adapter - Right click - Properties - Choose Internet protocol version 4Settings should be "Obtain DNS server address automatically" if not specified otherwise by your ISP.Repeat for Internet protocol version 6 if there is any installed.

If that Does not work try this

Install different browser than IE. If the connection works there, try reinstalling Internet Explorer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561485/cant-remove-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 43.43%

This pc will not let me remove proxy settings which will not allow internet access This pc is not on a domain the proxy it is has in place is port I did an OLT scan can you please look at the log file and tell me if you find anything OTL logfile created on PM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder E bit- An unknown product Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country Cannot settings Proxy remove United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Cannot remove Proxy settings Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C Windows ProgramFiles C Program Files x Drive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive E Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Computer Name SHELBY JEAN User Name shelby Logged in as Administrator Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode Current user Include bit ScansCompany Name Whitelist Off Skip Microsoft Files Off No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- E OTL exePRC - ---- M Dell Inc -- C Program Files x Dell Update DellUpService exePRC - ---- M Dell Inc -- C Program Files x Dell Update DellUpTray exePRC - ---- M Hewlett-Packard Company -- C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync Manager HTC Sync adb exePRC - ---- M Nero AG -- C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync Manager HSMServiceEntry exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Windows SysWOW WWAHost exePRC - ---- M SoftThinks SAS -- C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery SftService exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exePRC - ---- M Adobe Systems Incorporated -- C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exePRC - ---- M DELL Inc -- C Program Files x Wyse PocketCloud WyseRemoteAccess exePRC - ---- M CyberLink -- C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc P G exePRC - ---- M Yahoo Inc -- C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe Modules No Company Name MOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v SMDiagnostics c d db a a d c f SMDiagnostics ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Servd dec bb e de ed a acb dbfef c System ServiceModel Internals ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Xml edd a f cd ac c b ec f System Xml ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Xaml ab bad c f b ef System Xaml ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Windows Forms c bf a d b a a cd d caad System Windows Forms ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Serv bfb a c f b d fddbf d System ServiceProcess ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System ServiceModel a f a ece cce f a a b System ServiceModel ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Runteb aa ab e f c e fe f System Runtime Serialization ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Management bc abc b ffb ef d System Management ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Drawing efdc a f d da accaf System Drawing ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Configuration fc d bbb db e c adf System Configuration ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v Presentatioaec ca eb bc e d d aafbf a d f e PresentationFramework Aero ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v Presentatio ae f f e afc e d fbcfd b f PresentationFramework ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v PresentationCore a dc cfa adb b c d PresentationCore ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v WindowsBase b e e f d cda e c WindowsBase ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System Core dc abe fd abe System Core ni dllMOD - ---- M -- C Windows assembly NativeImages v System c... Read more

A:Cannot remove Proxy settings

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/560145 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560145/cannot-remove-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi and thanks for you time and help in advance I have a Windows laptop whose proxy settings keep reverting back proxy cannot settings remove to no matter how many times i changed it I'm not even sure what triggers it I turn the proxy off browse a few minutes and suddenly the proxy's changed again I haven't tried many things only running FRST with the fixlist i found here www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-remove-proxy-settings- That fixlist fixed the other CCSwells problems so I tried it My laptop runs a little faster now but the proxy setting still keeps changing to Here's the fixlog from that fix Fix cannot remove proxy settings result of Farbar cannot remove proxy settings Recovery Tool FRST written by Farbar x Version - - Ran by Gede A at - - Run Running from C Users GEDE ANANDA Downloads Programs Loaded Profiles Gede A amp MSSQLSERVER Available profiles Gede A amp MSSQLSERVER Boot Mode Normal Content of fixlist CloseProcesses - - - - - - C windows System Tasks CBC - E- F -A - A C B C Program Files x Common Files Diagnostics REG reg add HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyEnable t REG DWORD d f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyServer f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v MigrateProxy f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v DefaultConnectionSettings f REG reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v SavedLegacySettings f REG reg delete HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services NlaSvc Parameters Internet ManualProxies ve f Reboot Processes closed successfully C windows System Tasks CBC - E- F -A - A C B gt File Directory not found C Program Files x Common Files Diagnostics gt File Directory not found reg add HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyEnable t REG DWORD d f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v ProxyServer f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings v MigrateProxy f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v DefaultConnectionSettings f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Connections v SavedLegacySettings f The operation completed successfully End of Reg reg delete HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services NlaSvc Parameters Internet ManualProxies ve f The operation completed successfully End of Reg The system needed a reboot End of Fixlog EDIT Internet seems to be running fine right now although the proxy is still changed to

A:cannot remove proxy settings

======Zoek.exe======Take action to disable your antivirus and antispyware programs, as they may conflict with Zoek.exe>> Info on how to disable your security applications > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDownload zoek.exe to your desktopIf Internet Explorer, any other browser, or a security program issues a warning indicating the file is unsafe, please ignore, since it is a false warning.Using Zoek.exeOn the Desktop, double-click Zoek.exe to start the tool.Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users right-click the file and select: Run as Administrator.Give the program a few seconds to appear.Copy and paste the following script in the code box:Note: This script is written for usage on this system only, do not use it on any other computer even if the problems are similar.standardsearch;
torpigcheck;
installedprogs;
uninstall-list;
srinfo;
Click the "Run script" button and wait patiently.When finished the logfile will be opened in notepad.If a reboot is needed the logfile will be opened after reboot.The zoek-results.log can also be found on your systemdrive.Please post the logfile for further review in your next comment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557557/cannot-remove-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 43%

Well i have a gateway computer and windows 7 i have lost the cd and i have no access to the admin account since i have forgot the password so im on a standard user account and i need to do a system restore.

Relevancy 43%

Windows 7 Home x32 - IE9 - The connection tab at the bottom of the dialogue box states "some settings are managed by your system administrator" and when I click on the LAN button, all options are grayed out.

1.) I have a administrator account.
2.) This version does not support GPEDIT.msc
3.) "control panel" registry key is empty under policies in both HKLM and HKCU
3.) Possible remnants from malware

So, here is what I want to accomplish:

1.) Remove the nag
2.) Restore the functionality of the LAN settings.

Thanks all !

A:IE9 connection tab "some settings controled by admin" cannot change.

Hello and welcome pmshopper mate try running these first and this order as it could e a glitch in the OS and malware as you mentioned it

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f option in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

If these come up nothing then maybe download a copy of IE9 to Downloads or Desktop doesn't matter where really and then uninstall the one you have and reinstall the download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338714-ie9-connection-tab-some-settings-controled-admin-cannot-change.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have been having Addon And Internet In Add/remove Explorer 2006 Plug-in Security Security List Internet some disturbing problems with my computer recently After running a Spy Sweeper virus scan I discovered a Trojan Internet Explorer Security Plug-in 2006 And Internet Security Addon In Add/remove List Zlob virus which I thought I took care of by removing Now I am having troubles with my Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers as they will randomly decide to not load anything at all or only after hitting refresh at least times Typing in a URL takes ages and times so farnone of my browsers were working and when i closed the browser window my computer immediately bluescreened and crashed When I start Windows back up and report the error I get a report saying it is caused by an unknown driver I looked into my Add Remove list and found Internet Explorer Security plugin and Internet Security Addon whihc I thought were suspicious I googled them and found that they were indeed malware caused by the Trojan Zlob and I read that removing is in the Add Remove list would not solve the problem I dont know what else there may be on my computer but I performed each step as reccomended in the prep guide for posting a hijackThis log file and I am still having these problems How can I remove the malware Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Internet Explorer Security Plug-in 2006 And Internet Security Addon In Add/remove List WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ezSP Px exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeG Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeG Downloads stng exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXEC PROGRA WinZip winzip exeC DOCUME WCZ LOCALS Temp HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO IESniffer Class - B ADE - D- D - - E F A - G Program... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Security Plug-in 2006 And Internet Security Addon In Add/remove List

Welcome to the BleepingComputer forum. We are currently studying your log and will have instructions for you shortly. Thank you for your patience.HijackThis is an analysis AND a repair tool. When you fix something in HijackThis, you are deleting a bad entry in the Windows Registry. In case of a mistake being made, there is a reversal for line entry deletions. HijackThis creates a new file which is a backup log of changes and you can reverse the line entry deletion. BUT...HijackThis needs a safe folder to keep these critical backup logs and a temp folder is definitely not safe as you might run Disk Cleanup and delete them. Please place HJT into ITS OWN PERMANANT FOLDER. You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e). Double click on C: If the folder is hidden, click on show the contents of this folder. Right-click on a blank space in the right column and select New > Folder Name it HJT (C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe Move HijackThis.exe into this folder. When you run HijackThis.exe from the C:\HJT folder and have it Fixed checked, it will create a backup file of modifications to use which are easily accessible if restoring any files is necessary. If needed, HijackThis Folder Tutorial and How to Download, Extract and Run HijackThis.Another way to do this is: Please download HijackThis Self-installer. This is the easiest way to install HijackThis to your computer This is a complete installer that installs HijackThis on the computer to C:\Program Files\HijackThis. It makes an entry in the start menu. It allows you to have a shortcut on your desktop as well. HijackThis is currently at Version 1.99.1 released on 16.02.2005.It is important that you uninstall any previous versions by using Add/Remove programs in your control panel before installing a newer version.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66600/internet-explorer-security-plug-in-2006-and-internet-security-addon-in-addremove-list/