Windows Support Forum

I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Q: I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Hi,
I'm new to Windows 7.

I'm still trying to master the file permissions.. I need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a folder with mp3s (created with my old Windows XP system). I've included this mp3s folder in the "my music" library and then I inspected the folder and took ownership of it together with everything it contains (following instructions I found on the Net).

Nevertheless, when I'm trying to delete or move a file I get the message that I need to provide administrator permission! But I thought I am both administrator and owner...

Also, when listen to the songs with WinAmp, it seems I cannon save any song data. I get: Cannot save metadata: Error opening file.

I suppose, it's an aspect of the very same problem.

What am I missing?

thanx.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Take a look on the properties of the folder see if you have an unblock button . If you do click on it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297001-i-need-admin-permission-delete-move-file-but-im-both-admin-owner.html
Relevancy 86.49%

First off I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be since UAC is supposed to be a owner, Access Denied" with as "File admin, Even and !!UAC!! permission security feature !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission of windows I figured the security section would be best My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section OK to the problem Trying to simply copy paste a game dll file from a folder on a virtual iso drive to a folder on my main drive I get the error window titled quot File !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission Access Denied quot with the following quot You need permission to perform this action You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file quot Strange thing is this I also have this same dll file in another folder on my main drive but I get the same message with the permission requirement coming from my own user name Like in the title of my post I have taken ownership of all folders files in question am using the only admin account on this machine and have given my username quot full control quot permissions over said files folders Also for troubleshooting purposes I have disabled UAC completely and still get the error message One !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission thing I will add that just came to mind which may of some help When I had installed win on this machine I was married and had user account that my wife and i used We split up and she had the computer for a while She changed the computers name and changed the username s When I got it back from her I re-changed the computer name and also the username s to different ones I hope all of this information is useful and thank all in advance for any help extended in my direction FIN

A:!!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission

Best thing to do is a "clean" re-installation.... if the computer is your's now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/288614-uac-file-access-denied-even-admin-owner-permission.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 104.49%

I'm moving my Win Ultimate -bit platform to a desktop delete Can't admin without icons permission new computer On the old machine I almost never had to log on as administrator because I could perform any system-altering operation by entering the admin psswrd at the UAC prompt At the same time I had total control of the environment in my user account being able to customize my Can't delete desktop icons without admin permission desktop and start menu at will I can't remember what I did originally on the old machine to set all that up but I'm having problems on the new one I managed to enable customizing my start menu creating new folders etc by making sure that any instance of start menu I could find on the computer was shared but while I can delete icons from my desktop that I created I am unable to delete any that have been put there by program installations without a UAC prompt Right-clicking the Public folder and choosing share with produces only the advanced sharing settings dialogue and editing those settings seems to do nothing at all Also I don't see any relevant entries in Group Policy Editor I need read write privileges for that folder I've always appreciated the security provided by UAC but this is not a security issue Anybody have a solution message edited by krh

A:Can't delete desktop icons without admin permission

For anyone interested, it turns out that, in my case at least, the solution was "don't use Windows Easy Transfer". I had done a lot of customizing of my old platform, involving a lot of editing of permissions. WET doesn't transfer permissions and only part of those customizations, in such a way that I think I wound up with sort of a corrupted mess. Since it doesn't transfer permissions and you need to reinstall all your programs anyway, I don't think there's much point in using it. It's not difficult to re-establish accounts manually and desktop preferences by exporting theme packs. Once I started customizing my third attempt at a fresh install, this time without WET, I had no problem at all setting up the proper permissions. Folder editing now works as it should.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/cant-delete-desktop-icons-without-admin-permission/66384.html
Relevancy 98.47%

been about week i kept trying to get firefox to download onto my pc. But when i get it to download after that done.i go to run the installer a pop says i need to have admin rights when im on a admin account. im running win 7 64bit . i have a image of the screen that requires me to have admin rights.

A:need admin permission on a admin account

Try to create new user with admin rights and see, if same issue happens there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375907/need-admin-permission-on-a-admin-account/
Relevancy 98.47%

it is asking premission for turning on windows update, but iam the admin i got this laptop from government and windows store is also not working it says "network error or internet not connected try again 0x80070422 please help me to resole this problem 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/admin-permission-is-asked-where-am-the-admin/td-p/5788495
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello I am having a lot of issues with my work computer and the IT guy here doesnt know what is wrong I am suppossed to have Admin Privileges But I am not able to download programs or delete shortcuts from my desktop For example when I try to go to quot Local Secuirty Policy quot it says quot Access is denied quot quot You do not have permission to perform this operation quot Now everyone in my company people is linked over a shared network I beleive the user accounts are linked too In other words my coworkers can sign on to in am Need I Permission, Admin Admin But Group their account on my computer even though they do not have any local information stored My username that I see when I press the start button is quot PSI Staff quot When I open the quot Local Users and Groups quot window the only users Need Admin Permission, But I am in Admin Group I see are quot Administrator quot quot Guest quot and quot Nadia quot I do not see quot PSI Staff quot So I Need Admin Permission, But I am in Admin Group am assuming that quot Nadia quot is quot PSI Staff quot However when I right click on any document click properties and then click secuirty I see the following image Attached All I want is to have admin rights Any one have any ideas at all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385519-need-admin-permission-but-i-am-admin-group.html
Relevancy 96.32%

The title pretty much says it all, just today my laptop has been acting really weird and I noticed someone tried to install a keylogger on my laptop but I can't delete the setup for it or even move it to a different folder. A box pops up telling me "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I even tried enabling my built in administrator account to delete it from that still wouldn't budge though. My anti virus doesn't seem too bothered by it but I don't want it there! lol please help -_- I am running Windows 7 home premium, pretty much brand new dell xps 15z.

A:Can't delete things also told I don't have permission to delete things on an admin account

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449085/cant-delete-things-also-told-i-dont-have-permission-to-delete-things-on-an-admin-account/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a list of files names that I put in a text file named list txt Need to find them in more folders sub folders which has files in it The below script works fine but I would like the Admin Right to be removed and also I want the files to be moved permanently Copy | Admin Remove Move Rights file Batch instead and of into C your files Is there any one who could help me in this Thank you in advance echo off REM c BY NEUTRON http www sevenforums com member php u CLS TITLE Mass file finder by Neutron REM finds files in list txt file and copies them to C your files REM CHECK FOR ADMIN RIGHTS COPY b y NUL WINDIR CF EB - E - a - D -AB AE CF gt NUL gt amp IF ERRORLEVEL GOTO NONADMIN DEL WINDIR CF EB - E - a - D -AB AE CF gt NUL gt amp ADMIN REM GOT ADMIN RIGHTS COLOR F ECHO Hi USERNAME ECHO Please wait FOR R quot dp quot I IN DO for f quot usebackq delims quot a in quot dp list txt quot do echo d xcopy quot I a quot quot C your files quot e i COLOR F ECHO ECHO c by Neutron http www sevenforums com member php u PAUSE GOTO EOF NONADMIN REM NO ADMIN RIGHTS COLOR F ECHO ECHO PLEASE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ECHO pause GOTO EOF

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384368-remove-admin-rights-move-instead-copy-batch-file.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I need help.

im trying to delete 2 files, when i try to send it to the recycle bin it says

'' You need to confirm this operation'' then i press continue then UAC comes up i click continue again. It starts deleting then it says

''Destination Folder access Denied''
'' You need permission to perform this action''

i click try again

same thing..

i'm an Administrator on my computer, but it still wont delete

please help me!

A:Help! Cant delete a file when im in an admin group!!

That message usually refers to the "FROM" file. Can you delete other files and send them to recycle?

What are the full paths and filenames you want deleted?

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-cant-delete-a-file-when-im-in-an-admin-group-313426.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I cannot delete or Add files such as Pic,music ect, it keeps saying not permitted I need administrator Permission , but am Admin

A:i cant get admin permission ,but i am admin

Some directories can not be deleted. Also, some files.Give some specific examples, please.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156024.0.html
Relevancy 90.73%

couple of times I can't delete a file due to this abnormality in windows 7... I have all updates installed and also I am the only one using my computer.... If i'm the admin then why do i need admin rights to delete a file??

A:I am the administrator of my computer but I have no admin right to delete a file

Could you let us know the path to the file and the file name, also where it came from, if known? And the specific error message when you try to delete it. I could give you something that would delete it, but I would feel better if I knew what it was.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586126/i-am-the-administrator-of-my-computer-but-i-have-no-admin-right-to-delete-a-file/
Relevancy 89.87%

This is a strange bug I seen once before in windows I was downloading a video file off megaupload with firefox Firefox makes files for a download the file itself and a temp file where all the data goes to till the download is done So I pick the dir where I want to place the file Windows admin delete bug? Unable to account file and I download it but right when it finishes I get a error message saying it dose not have access Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file to save the file So there I get left with a kb file and a finished temp file I can move the temp file and edit out the part to use it but the blank file can't be deleted It clams I don't have administrator access to delete the file but I only have Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file a admin account setup in use What can I do to fix this The last time it happened I deleted the temp file restarted and it was ok but I need a better solution for this stupid error

A:Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file

Hello smsff7

Maybe an AV scan is in order, the AV scanner below is free, have a go.

Malwarebytes.org

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/70786-windows-admin-account-bug-unable-delete-file.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,

I am the owner of my pc and the user I am logged into is only able to read/execute. I've tried several ways of regaining back Admin but have always been prompt with the message 'Access denied'. I've noticed the box is ticked for 'Account is disabled' for admin account but I can't untick it because I'm logged into a user with minimum privileges and therefore stuck at 'Access denied'.

Is there another way around this issue such that I'm able to regain back my admin privileges?

Thanks in advance!

A:Owner of PC but no admin access Windows 7

Try going back to your other thread with this problem. Those methods suggested should still work.

How does this problem keep happening to you?
You must be doing something to make this happen.

Standard user unable to access Administrator rights

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370920-owner-pc-but-no-admin-access-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Have just migrated sic quot down graded ? + PC + user need Users Single Owner why do I Admin quot from XP to Win I am on Win training wheels Single user PC why do I need Admin + Owner + Users ? and I still fall of As a single user PC the new quot Administrator quot quot Owner quot etc is driving me insane In the process Single user PC why do I need Admin + Owner + Users ? of trying to get a grasp on Win and its foibles I am getting more frstrated with Win My four other WinXp PRO machines are just a dream to use Thay are all standalone PCs -- stable and they let me quot in quot My Toshiba laptop came with Win Home preloaded Is there such a thing as a single user install If so would I have to buy a Win Disc I am seriously thinking of buying a full retail version of Win so that when if my XP machines fall over I wont have the agony of Win because hopefully I will be familiar with Win tweaks As a Autocad programmer I mostly work in VBA and scripts I think I am developing a crush on Linux and we haven't even met I would appreciate any informative help

A:Single user PC why do I need Admin + Owner + Users ?

I can appreciate your frustration, Russell. The learning curve from XP to 7 can be kinda steep. One of the issues many people first have is the increased security offered by Windows 7. As you said in your post about your XP machines, "They are all standalone PCs -- stable and they let me "in"." That was one of XP's major problems ... lots of malware was able to get in as well as the authorized user(s).

When a new 7 computer is first set up, the initial account created is an administrator account so you can make required changes to the computer (like choosing language of choice, setting computer time zone, etc.) So there always has to be at least one administrator account on a 7 machine.

But to add to the confusion, this is an "unelevated" administrator account. In other words, there are some tasks (such as running a system file checker scan [sfc /scannow] from a command prompt), that cannot be done without jumping through one more hoop. If you open a command prompt in 7 (either by typing cmd in the start menu search box or using the long way start > all programs > accessories > command prompt) you have to right-click the command prompt icon and select "Run as administrator". It's just another security feature to make it more difficult for malware to get in.

A lot of people who are the only ones using the computer leave things as is ... running with that administrator account. Nothing wrong with that if you're careful and know what sites you're visiting, what email attachments you're opening, etc. But for an extra degree of security many people operate as a standard user just because it does make it more difficult for malware to get in. This tutorial goes into more detail about the various account types.

User Account Type - Change

As far as obtaining a Windows 7 installation disk, you could check out Step 4 in this tutorial (doing a repair install of Windows 7.)

Repair Install

You could download the ISO file for your version of Windows 7, save it to desktop, then burn it to a DVD. If you ever did a repair install or a clean install, just use the Product Key on your Toshiba laptop to re-activate with Microsoft. Hope some of this helps and doesn't make things even more confusing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271549-single-user-pc-why-do-i-need-admin-owner-users.html
Relevancy 87.72%

icacls C:\ /grant administrators:F /T /C

So would this set folders permissions and junk so the wandering folders permissions,ect get fixed.
Is there anyway you can just turn off security/permissions,ect so you will not get owner/permissions issues anymore?

Yes I did turned off UAC since it dose not let me load programs at start up in admin mode.

A:icacls to reset everything(sec/owner/premision) to admin.

The easiest way is to just grant "everyone" full control over the whole hard disk, so bye bye security and anyone/anything will never get an "access denied" error.
However, I think It's a VERY bad idea. That does the trick, but I would suggest AGAINST using it.

There is also a trick that lets you run elevated programs at startup, even with UAC enabled. First you can use this tutorial to create a shortcut to the program: Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User
Then place that shortcut under the startup folder of start menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/269448-icacls-reset-everything-sec-owner-premision-admin.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I need to download the .dll file msvcr71.dll right so i try to redownload it it says that i have to unzip and extract the thing and all that so i do it but then they tell me that i have to be the administrator to unzip and extract it only problem is im the only user and im the administrator i heard that this isn't the real admin account how do i download the .dll file? What do i have to do?

A:Am admin but not admin need to download .dll file

Hi Frankenddude, welcome to the Seven Forums.

A normal user account with administrator rights is not the same than built-in administrator account. The built-in administrator, sometimes also called as Super User, is the most powerful of all different user accounts in Windows, and because a normal user could do some serious harm if he was always using this account, it's by default disabled. This tutorial tells you more: Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

However, you can temporarily use these super rights by launching a program by right clicking its icon and selecting Run as administrator from the context menu. For instance if you want to extract a zipped packet to some of the protected folders like Program Files or Windows, start the application you use for extracting (WinRAR, WinZip etc.) by right clicking its shortcut or icon, select Run as administrator and then use the applications menus to bring the packet you want to extract to application, then extract it where you want to. Running WinRAR for instance as an administrator let's you to extract packets wherever you want to.

If the packet is a self-extracting exe, just right click it and select Run as administrator.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154252-am-admin-but-not-admin-need-download-dll-file.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 86.86%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 86.86%

First time this for me - my D drive which is where I save all & sundry away from C-drive says I need admin permission to write/delete in "D".

I am the only admin & np other accts exist.

A:Simple stuff: Owner needs permission to add/delete files ??

This is an old problem. It can probably be solved with this informative tutorial
Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359274-simple-stuff-owner-needs-permission-add-delete-files.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently purchased a used computer, created an account for myself, but am unable to remove the former user's account. In control panel under user accounts or manage accounts, the former account does not display so I can't delete. Under windows explorer the former account displays and I can work in either account, but want to have only one account on pc for security reasons. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 85.14%

I was trying to remove a program file AT&T security Installation Wizard.. The folder was corrupted... I was able to delete a few of the files... but two of them kept saying need permission... Now I am the Admin and I do have UAC unchecked..
In God's name whose permission do I need to get rid of these 2 remaining files...

Is this frustrating!!!
Ken

A:Need Permission.... BUT I AM THE ADMIN

You don't have control of the file you need to change the permissions in the properties of the files.

Take Ownership of file

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196219-need-permission-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 85.14%

whenever I try to run a program as an administrator, a window pops up asking for permission. However, I can only select NO. I can't run anything that requires admin privileges.
The last thing I remember doing as the admin was accessing the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to delete a saved username/password for the home network.

Please help.

A:Can't get Admin Permission

Hi imbond,

Give this a try:

1.Open Control Panel.
2.Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".
3.Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.
4.Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
5.Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.
6.In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
7.You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Source: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?threadID=301230

Let me know if that helps!
Cheers,
Kim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-admin-permission.948076/
Relevancy 85.14%

Whenever I start this computer everything will work normally until after I log in. Once I log in, all I get is this black screen and all I can see is the cursor. I get past this by opening up the task manager and ending the explorer.exe process, and running it again. That usually allows me to see the desktop, but now I have another problem I can't seem to fix. Every time I try to open a file that requires administrator permission to open, nothing happens. If I open from the desktop, the desktop freezes up and I have to restart. If I try to open from the start menu, the start menu will freeze up. Can anybody explain why I can't run anything that requires admin permission. Please tell me someone has a solution to this. I can't find anything anywhere.

Relevancy 85.14%

get admin permission??

A:how to get admin permission??

What exactly are you asking?

If you're wondering how to run a program in elevated or administrator mode...

Right Click Executable (.exe) or Shorcut > Run as Administrator

If you're wondering how to get an administrator's permission to run a program, etc.

Contact the owner of the administrator account on your computer/network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/83815-how-get-admin-permission.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Everytime I try and move a file this pops up and has me click Continue. Is there anyway around this? or a way to shut it off?

A:Admin Permission help

Have you tried right clicking on your pictures folder > properties > security > advanced > your username > change permissions > edit > tick on enable full control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282280-admin-permission-help.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have two problems:

1. When I'm doing things on my computer it tells me I have to be an admin/need permission to delete, etc. Now this is my home computer, so it's vexing to say the least.

2. Sometimes search doesn't work on my stand alone HD (WD My Book 1140). I searched something I knew was there, and it showed no results. No idea why that's happening.

Relevancy 84.28%

Win 7 Ultimate
ASUS M4A88T-M MOBO

There are 4 programs that ask for admin permission at every boot.
CPUlevelhookupLaunch.exe
Asloader.exe
FourEngine.exe
UpdateChecker MFC Application

They are all ASUS programs.

I've had enough. This problem must be taken care of.

All help appreciated.

A:admin permission at every boot

Why don't you uncheck them inside msconfig

Click on the button type msconfig inside the Search programs and files and press <Enter> on the keyboard . Once you're on the System Configuration window click on the Startup tab and uncheck those programs from starting up . Click Ok and then click on Exit without Restart and restart manually .

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/291801-admin-permission-every-boot.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I keep getting a message in Spanish (I'm trying to download a Spanish language course) that says I can't download because I need the system admin to allow it. I'm the administrator as it''s only me on the home system but can't get to the area where I might allow it. The Windows help topic (an oxymoron) suggests creating a standard acct but if you're the only user you can't, go figure. I've tried the trusted site thing, saving the page as web folder (sorry, maybe stupid but I'm desperate) to circumvent the admin issue. Oh, I get that exclamation point in the message if that means anything.
I just want to learn a little Spanish, is that too much to ask....!?!
Muchas Gracias for any help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101485/system-admin-permission/
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm stuck. I ran Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant prior to installing Win 8. According to the report I needed to delete Intel(R) Pro Network Connection 12.1.12, which I did.

I upgraded to Win 8 but now I have no permissions. I'll looked at all the threads about openning a cmd windows, which I can, but since I logon to the O/S with just user level permissions I can't issue any admin level apps. I can't even navigate to my C: drive. I get 'Access is denied'.

I'm tried right-clicking on the Command Prompt and 'Run as Administrator', nothing. Which makes sense since I'm logon on with only User rights.

I need full admin rights. I can't update my HOSTS file which really screws up my FTP and Telnet sessions.

I cannot logon as administrator, so I can't change anything. Should I reinstall??

A:Need Admin Permission after upgrade.

Sorry, I should have mentions that I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15644-need-admin-permission-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 84.28%

how to do this?

it tells me i dont have permission to write to msvp80.dll

A:install msi with admin permission

Really it should've asked you for permission. but if it doesn't, try right-click on the msi file and go "Run as administrator"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14770-install-msi-admin-permission.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Hope this is the right place to post this last night I logged on to permission??? provide admin the net via my nokia N and it asked me to set up a home group network I chose the share everything with the bench chair and all went well Till I noticed that now I get asked to quot provide administrator permission quot when doing such things as changing the name of a shortcut on the desktop or editing a system provide admin permission??? config file for a game I also noticed now when I open up something like the games screenshot folder I can only see the pix if I press quot compatibility files quot never had to do it before last night It seems really dump cos I'm the only user admin and it's not asking for a password it just makes me provide permission every time can't find anything worthwhile on google so any help would be nice THANX PS Im running win pro bit provide admin permission??? and UAC is turned to quot never notify quot it seems related to program files only or the shortcuts to them

A:provide admin permission???

Am I seeing duplicates or those topics getting so popular nowadays?

Ok anyway, if turning off didn't helped you
User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

And you think you are still being to much limited you may try this method:
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Quote:
The built-in Administrator account is an account that has full access and permission on the computer. This will show you how to enable or disable the built-in Administrator account in Windows 7.

So try using build-in Administrator

Warning: From security point of view using Build-in Administrator considered high security risk.
But as I already told on the hundreds of the same threads, it's your system and your choice.

I have showed you how to do and warned that it is insecure and unsafe.
I myself is under Limited User Account not even thinking about using build-in Administrator for my regular stuff.

If you need more information, just ask.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/52362-provide-admin-permission.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have Windows updates dating back to 2008 that I want to delete. They were put an external Seagate. When I go to delete I'm asked for permission. I'm the administrator

I don't get it?

Thanks

Relevancy 84.28%

I posted a screenshot, anybody know why i can't access this.

A:Permission denied even with admin?

Because you probably don't have access.

But you can take ownership and assign the permissions you need.

Take Ownership of file

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283415-permission-denied-even-admin.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My C drive was filling up a while back so I made a makeshift folder on D Computer and save all my new programs drivers manuals skins here etc I have admin accounts set up and I can install programs here but to make a new folder or copying files I m prompted I don t have permission The original account set as the owner creator has full access So I changed the owner creator to MyComp Administrators which I assumed should give the same permissions to all accounts Now no accounts have permission to alter this folder I could change the user accounts to full access since it appears my admin accounts only have user access but I don t really want to do that So why can I only Admin accounts permission problem grant full access to a single owner creator account I m not at all experienced in this so it is probably something really simple that I am doing wrong nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I use restricted user accounts on my system to protect it against damage (hopefully). To do the administrative job, like installing software etc, runas is used.

Unfortunately runas does not work for Windows Updates via Internet Explorer.

Is it possible to give a single user the permission to run updates without compromising the system security. The user should get this rights only temporarily. Similar to the runas behaviour.

Thanks
Andy

A:Windows Update with Admin Permission

Use the built-in Administrator account. If you have never set a password for this account, you can logon by leaving the password field blank. I would suggest that you not leave it that way, but set a password, one that you can remember, and also write it down and keep it in a safe place.

I would also advise using a password reset disk and keep that in a safe place:

From Start > Help and Support:
"To create a password reset disk
The Forgotten Password Wizard lets you create a password reset disk that you can use to recover your user account and personalized computer settings if you forget your password.

The steps to perform this task differ depending on whether your computer is a member of a network domain or is part of a workgroup (or is a stand-alone computer).

My computer is on a domain:

Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Security dialog box.
Click Change Password.
Click Backup to open the Forgotten Password Wizard.
Click Next and then follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.

My computer is not on a domain:

The steps to perform this task differ depending on the type of user account you have.

If you have a computer administrator account

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click your account name.
Under Related Tasks located on the left side of the window, click Prevent a forgotten password.
In the Forgotten Password Wizard, follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
If you have a limited account

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Under Related Tasks located on the left side of the window, click Prevent a forgotten password.
In the Forgotten Password Wizard, follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
Notes

To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
For information about using the password reset disk, click Related Topics."

Whenever you want to run Windows Update (the first Tuesday of the month is the MS default date for updates, although critical/security updates/patches are made available on an unscheduled basis), logon as Administrator, run Windows Update (if some update requires a computer restart, you will need to logon again as Administrator after the restart in order for that update to complete) and when Windows Update has completed all its tasks, logoff the Administrator account and then logon to your own account that you use regularly.

I always advise never using an account in the Administrators Group to run routinely. Always use an account in a lessor priviledged account group for normal use as a security measure.

You can visit my homepage and click on Simple Security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-with-admin-permission.808372/
Relevancy 83.42%

My dad bought a canon camcorder 3 years ago but never installed the video editing software (ImageMixer 3 SE) because he has a reeeeally old mac and it would've exploded from the sheer size of the video files... He's been editing the video on the dvd player.

Now that I have my own computer, a windows, he wanted me to install the software on my computer. So I tried, went through the entire setup, and got this message just as it had started installing:

I called tech support and the guy said that it wasn't a problem with the software, it was a user permissions problem, even though I have only one account (mine) and it's the admin account. So I tried running the installer again, but this time I made sure to hit "run as administrator". Same error message.

Was the guy BSing me, or is it just some weird problem with my computer/ installation disc?

A:Apparently an admin permission problem...

try enabling the hidden admin account

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/apparently-an-admin-permission-problem-487672.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello everyone Your help please I have gotten the same requests in the past but somehow I ignore them click away and get through somehow This time is different does not allow me All I want to do is move my MalwareBytes Icon from the Desktop to my Utilities Folder and it just does not let me weird Checked my permission... admin need "You'll says 8.1 to provide Win's account in Control Panel user Win's 8.1 says "You'll need to provide admin permission... accounts and I my name is listed as the Administrator By the way I am the only user and the only account in my Laptop Not even a guess account Furthermore when I log in again with my name and Email address below the name see PIC is offered I enter my password and I am in As the Administrator I thought and that is why anything to be done as an quot Administrator quot does not make sense to me My Name is the Administrator by definition or not I understand when you have to quot Run it as an Administrator quot but even then it does not make sense to me for the same reason mentioned But this is not about running anything just moving and Icon into a Folder What is the mystery here TIA TS

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55135-wins-8-1-says-youll-need-provide-admin-permission.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Quicktime stopped working. Logged in as admin. Uninstalled then tried reinstall of 7.74.80.86 and 7.6 using 'run as admin'. No luck. Insufficient privileges to the directory--c:\program files (x86) Quicktime. When I look at the folder properties under security---'You must have read permission to view. You do not have permission EVEN AS ADMINISTRATOR'.

Thanks for your help.

A:Can't install Quicktime-no permission even as admin

Perhaps Take Ownership of it:

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/42910-cant-install-quicktime-no-permission-even-admin.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

My girlfriend set up an admin account to block certain websites from me. I idiotically deleted that admin account. Now I am unable to do literally anything without permission from a nonexistent account. Every time I try to run ANYTHING, it grays out the "yes" option and tells me I need to enter the administrator password. I can't even run the command prompt as an admin. When I try to do the "net user administrator /active:no" command, it gives me a system 5 error. I can't restore to a time before she ever made the admin account because it needs permission. I can't reinstall Windows because to run the tool to make a bootable USB, I need permission. And there is NO ACCOUNT to get permission from anymore. I have no idea what to do. Someone please, please help me.

Thank you.

A:Deleted admin account and now have no permission to do anything!!!!!

Hello petitejete,

You will find many threads where this problem has occurred. The only way you can resolve this is to activate the hidden Administrator account and use it to create a new admin account on your system. This will then give you back the ability you had before. The only way you can do this is to run Option 4 in the following tutorial. You will need to use the Microsoft Tech Bench rather than the Media Creation Tool to download a Windows ISO that matches your current W10 version.

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42427-deleted-admin-account-now-have-no-permission-do-anything.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am the admin of my PC and I cant save images to this location.

Why?

What do i need to do to let me save here?

A:Cant Save Request Admin Permission

Unless you are using the hidden administrator account, you are really a pseudo-administrator.

Why are you trying to save pictures to that location?

I try to avoid saving anything on my OS partition.
I would definitely try to avoid saving items to the location in your picture.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198977-cant-save-request-admin-permission.html
Relevancy 83.42%

HI i rececently got a new system with windows 7,
i'm having a lot of problems with installing some programs and stuff with it saying i need admin rights,
i am admin its my system i'm the only one who uses it i'm the only one who has access to it,
will someone please explain in extremely simple terms how the hell i can stop windows constantly asking me for admin rights,
i've never had this propblem with any other version of windows.

A:Windows 7 Admin Permission problems

Right click the installer and select Run as administrator.

To put it simply, you are an administrator, not THE administrator.

Your Windows 7 system is THE administrator. You can get round the nag prompt or error by disabling UAC but this isn't advisable unless you are confident in what you do.

HTH.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163289-windows-7-admin-permission-problems.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I recently made a new Admin account for myself, deleted the old one due to some trouble with it, and everything seemed to be working fine. But when I tried to install programs, I got errors basically saying that I couldn't write to the Registry. I can't access MSCONFIG either, I get a permissions error.

Another admin account can do all of this, but for some reason I can't. I'm SURE that my account is set as an admin. Can anyone help me fix this?

Tech. Info:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-admin-permission-problems.667240/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, I do not know where this should go but I need answers quite urgently because I think some vrius/wares had been 'playing around' with my machine ...

It started when I tried to install a program and was prompted that I don't have permission/access and I realised that admininstrator and user(my account) doesn't have the ticks under "Allow" for ALL (writes,reads, full control ... blah)

I did managed to change it back, giving myself rights but soon it got changed back again ... :/

I currently do not have anti-virus programs (since my AVG expired) and I wish to ask for reccomendation (best if its free but I don't mind paying if its worth it) ...

Thanks, your help would be greatly appreciated!

A:I think something is changing my admin rights/permission ...

Welcome aboard    Uninstall AVG using AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilitiesInstall ONE of these:- Avast! free antivirus: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html- free Microsoft Security Essentials: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentialsNote for Windows 8 users: Microsoft Security Essentials comes preinstalled and renamed as Windows Defender.You can keep it or you have to disable it before installing another AV program.  How to...- free Comodo Antivirus: http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/antivirus.phpUpdate, run full scan, report on any findings. Then...  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has b... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568644/i-think-something-is-changing-my-admin-rightspermission/
Relevancy 83.42%

Admin privileges are basically gone.
I have been using ADW the Browsers, lots disease.

The best thing i could say is music would or an audio commercial 
I would open Task Manager and kill something called  "nine" I would end and audio ad would stop
the details upon right click were "consultant.exe" which I would delete and do the cycle over again

I can provide what you wish I tried on my own but i am a failure

any help would be a blessing

shawn

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623548/i-am-infected-no-admin-permission-nineconsultantexe/
Relevancy 83.42%

I would like to run Advanced Systemcare, however Vista-64 is telling me I need administrative permission. How do I gain permission for this app? Also, anyone know if running this app will cause problems within Vista?

A:Admin permission for Windows SystemCare?

Hi flycaster,

Right click on the program and select Run as administrator. After providing administrative credentials, the program will run as though it had been launched in that account, even though you are still in a standard account.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/198085-admin-permission-windows-systemcare.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi. I'm stuck trying to activate PowerDVD. I keep getting a 'you need administrative permission' result window. This window pops up after entering the activation code. I've tried all the limited tricks I know of. I enable the hidden admin account and logged in and tried it that way. I used the right click on activate.exe and 'run as admin' method. Same for 'Take Ownership'. I also changed the UAC to it's lowest settings (basically off). None of these methods has worked so far.
I think I'm missing something simple but I just don't know what it could be. Haven't had this particular problem before. If someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried or doing something different that I have tried, that would be sweet! Thanks!

Rusty

A:Admin/permission help for software install plz

Right click on the program shortcut and select troubleshoot compatibility - then select the second choice - then check the 3rd option (The program requires additional permission) - Then Start The Program...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51435-admin-permission-help-software-install-plz.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I've just bought a new laptop with windows 7 and unfortunately used the easy file transfer, which did some bizarre things, not recommended. Anyway I am the only user and the administrator, but I can't even move a bl**dy file without the "you need to have administrator permissions", surely this can't be normal, I can't drag and drop my own files in my own folders! Read all the notes, do I understand correctly that this is caused by UAC, and if so how do I turn it off, the instructions were not detailed enough for me. Thanks

A:Tired of Windows 7 telling me I need Admin permission!

Hi -

For file movement, activate the Windows 7 hidden admin account.
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe above under programs - select run as admin. Then type

Code:

net user administrator /active:yes

Logoff your account and the user account named Administrator will be waiting for you at the logon screen.

DO NOT delete your currect "user-admin" account - you will need it to install certain security Windows Updates. Also, if you set a password for the hidden admin account and forget it/ lose it.... you will need to reinstall Windows 7.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tired-of-windows-7-telling-me-i-need-admin-permission-478734.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello forum. I am an administrator with 3 limited users on a windows 8 machine. I have installed a game on my account that I want to let one of my users play. I have tried everything I have read about giving permissions, admin right etc, but it still asks for my password everytime he opens the game? I'm at a loss...thank you for your time

A:How to give admin permission to limited user

Hello Scott,

You might see if creating an elevated shortcut of the game that standard users can use to run the game elevated without getting an UAC prompt for your password may help.

Since this is for a game and not a normal program, there's no guarantee that this will work though.
Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/28695-how-give-admin-permission-limited-user.html
Relevancy 82.56%

One of the most annoying things I've run into while using Windows RC is that a lot of file folder actions will tell me I need to be an Administrator to perform them I'm the only user on the computer and I am the Computer Administrator according to the User Accounts in the Control Panel For example right now I am having a problem deleting an AVI file I created with CamStudio When I right-click me permission! 7 Tired telling Admin need of I Windows and choose Delete first it asked me the normal quot Are you sure you want to move Tired of Windows 7 telling me I need Admin permission! this file to the Recycle Bin quot I choose quot Yes quot Then the next prompt says quot You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file quot and gives me the choices quot Continue quot with the shield icon quot Skip quot and quot Cancel quot I choose quot Continue quot Then it gives me one more Tired of Windows 7 telling me I need Admin permission! box that says quot File Access Denied quot quot You need permission to perform this action quot quot You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file quot There is nothing I can do after that I am already familiar with the Unlocker utility and I love it but that won't get rid of it either It says it can't delete it and offers to remove it at next reboot but the file remains One thing about this specific issue is why is it only that AVI file out of the several screen-capture videos I created with CamStudio Aside from this single incident I want Windows to stop complaining about administrator permissions and denying me access to my files It doesn't make any sense that my own computer would deny me access to my own files Anyway over time I have become increasingly disappointed with Windows and the very poor design choices Microsoft has made after XP EDIT Additionally not only am I unable to delete the AVI file but I cannot access it in any way I cannot rename it copy it or even open it When I try to open it the media player says it cannot access the file When trying to set ownership on the file it says quot Access is denied quot Under quot Current Owner quot it just says quot Unable to display current owner quot When I try to change the attributes such as Read-Only or Hidden which are unchecked it also tells me that access is denied Ah I just found that other AVI files in that folder cannot be accessed either so it's not JUST the one but it's still inconsistent because not all of them have that problem The rest I already deleted without any problems at least the ones I wanted to delete

A:Tired of Windows 7 telling me I need Admin permission!

Hmmm...sounds like you are infected by Microsoft :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/tired-of-windows-7-telling-me-i-need-admin-permission-419202.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My account type is administrator.
I try to copy the minidump file to the desktop and windows says I am trying to change the file and I need administrators permission...so I hit continue...then it says I need permission again and leaves me with "try agian" and cancel options...
how do I get this file??

A:no permission for minidump files windows 7??even admin

Quote: Originally Posted by mesososo

My account type is administrator.
I try to copy the minidump file to the desktop and windows says I am trying to change the file and I need administrators permission...so I hit continue...then it says I need permission again and leaves me with "try agian" and cancel options...
how do I get this file??

Hello Mesososo, Welcome to SF,

This article should help Take Ownership Shortcut

Good Luck,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/60375-no-permission-minidump-files-windows-7-even-admin.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Just did a new clean install of W7 Home Premium 64-bit with SP1. Installed all MS updates.
Went to install a virus program and both that I tried (Avira and MS Security Essentials) fail to install. The MSE only provided an obscure error code. Avira comes up stating Local Admin Rights required.

My account is listed as having admin rights.
I tried the Run as Admin, same result.
I rebooted into safe mode, same result.
I enabled the Full Adminstrator account and logged in there. Same result.
Looking in Properties (for Avira)/Security/Advanced it shows full control, and I am THE owner of this file.

would love some help getting this fixed

Denis

A:Windows 7 Admin Permission problems, cannot install

Where did you get the install media from?

Please Run sfc /scan now using option 2 in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please post back the results.
Please indicate what message was displayed at the end:

Windows found no integrity violations

OR

Corrupt files were found, and windows was unable to fix them.

OR

Corrupt files were found, and windows successfully repaired them

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/335374-windows-7-admin-permission-problems-cannot-install.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,

Im on an account on this pc which has no Administrator acces, but I want to play a game which need Administrator access. Is there a way to save the password so the program starts without the need to put in the password everytime I want to play that game? I made a Shortcut with this: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /savecred /user:Administrator "C:\{Path}"
But I cant write in the Shortcut when I start it up, so I cant fill in the password. Can someone help me out?
Sorry for my English btw.

Thanks.

A:How to give a program admin permission and savecred

Hi and welcome to TSF why is the account restricted

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-give-a-program-admin-permission-and-savecred-676543.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have administrator rights on my Windows account and I always have problems installing programs Usually it is with a folder called config msi I don't have write permission for that folder and when I install anything I get multiple not Admin Itunes does account have permission install to error messages about it I have been unable to install the latest Itunes and I tried to install it manually Everything went fine except for the usuall config msi errors until Admin account does not have permission to install Itunes the final part of the install It said it did not have permission to access the itunes folder in program files I looked at the properties of the folder and I did not have write permission The Itunes installer undid the entire install and deleted the itunes folder When I go to the program files folder I do not have write access to it and I cannot change it I followed the instructions in this forum to enable the administrator account and could not get write access to that folder from administrator either The error messages I get look like there is another account out there that is a superuser Is there any cure for this There are other files and pointers in my system such as a shortcut to my documents that I do not have permission to use I click on them and get an error message

A:Admin account does not have permission to install Itunes

My housemate had the same problem. I can't remember the exact name and path of the folder it wanted to create but it was listed in the error message. What I did was to manually create the folder (I'm pretty sure it was on the Start Menu - it's been a while) giving it the exact name it wanted. I then used takeown to make sure she had rights to modify it, then tried the installation again. Worked like a charm.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/212023-admin-account-does-not-have-permission-install-itunes.html
Relevancy 82.56%

i have never had this prompt in win7, and it only happened recently when i upgraded to w8.

i am the only sole user, the only admin of my pc and i'm logged in as admin as well. UAC is disabled too.

why then, when i transfer files from one place to another - it keeps prompting that i'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder? clicking continue will indeed continue the transfer, but i'm sick of having to do that. running .bat files gives me the same problem as well - i never had to right click and run as admin in the past.

how do i disable those irritating prompts?

A:how to stop irritating prompt - "you'll need admin permission"?

can anyone help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477547/how-to-stop-irritating-prompt-youll-need-admin-permission/
Relevancy 82.56%

The are 3 PCs, all Windows 7, all the same workgroup, two of them same homegroup.

Problem. Try to share a folder on RAFALEK-PC, created account user/password, set permission etc. And one PC (not in the homegroup) when try to connect , gets window asking for user/password and when enter user/password everything is OK. got access to the shared folder.

Problem with another pc : Jacubek-PC (same homegroup with RAFALEK-PC) when try to get access to that folder gets network error:

Quote:
You do not have permission to access \\server\folder name. Contact your server administrator to request access.

checked cmd - use net (see attached picture).
I tried : "net use* /delete" but it does not help.
Only when I connect via: "\\ip of server\folder name" everything works as it should.

Please how to get rid of this annoying error.
PS. same problem when RAFALEK-PC try to access some folders on JACUBEK-PC.

A:You do not have permission to access. Contact your network admin

Try to turn off Password Protected Sharing ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145910-you-do-not-have-permission-access-contact-your-network-admin.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I wish to move a folder from the admin user to a regular user. How?

A:There must be a way to move an admin folder

Is it a System folder?

If not then you should be able to move it from within the Admin account, unless it is system-protected. What is the error message?

If it's not System and won't budge use the Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283092-there-must-way-move-admin-folder.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Several related permission/Disk Deleting I/O error files/admin problems in one First off I'm using this thread as a jump-off point Tired of Windows telling me I need Admin permission Nothing recommended in this thread worked for me I haven't been able to restart in safe mode Tried holding down F nothing different happened just logged Deleting files/admin permission/Disk I/O error in normally Tech Support Forum - View Single Post - Administrator This idea did not work I get quot System error has occured Access is denied quot Turning UAC off did not work sliding that bar all the way down to the bottom I did restart after I did that so that the changes Deleting files/admin permission/Disk I/O error would take Deleting files/admin permission/Disk I/O error effect Add quot Take Ownership quot to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win or Vista - How-To Geek This post explaining how to take ownership did not work I've tried to take ownership the normal way too but neither work Unrelated maybe the second time I started up this computer which I've only had for a day now I get quot Disk I O error Insert disk and press any key quot Just pressing any key gets me out of it but it's rather alarming I can't find any info about it for windows specifically It happens any time I restart too except for the time I tried to boot into safe mode Any help out there Thanks in advance

A:Deleting files/admin permission/Disk I/O error

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty31

Several related problems in one.

First off, I'm using this thread as a jump-off point.

Tired of Windows 7 telling me I need Admin permission!

Nothing recommended in this thread worked for me. I haven't been able to restart in safe mode (Tried holding down F8, nothing different happened, just logged in normally).

The solution is posted in there, just not step by step on how to fix it (though I wouldn't consider it a "fix"). If that annoys you, then disable UAC.

Quote:

Tech Support Forum - View Single Post - Administrator

This idea did not work. I get "System error 5 has occured. Access is denied."

Turning UAC off did not work (sliding that bar all the way down to the bottom). I did restart after I did that so that the changes would take effect.

Disabling UAC had a sliding bar?? Which OS are you using, and version (Vista or 7; starter, home, pro, ultimate, or enterprise)?
I can help you further if I knew that info.

Quote:

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

This post explaining how to take ownership did not work. I've tried to take ownership the normal way, too, but neither work.

Unrelated (maybe?), the second time I started up this computer, which I've only had for a day now, I get "Disk I/O error. Insert disk and press any key". Just pressing any key gets me out of it, but it's rather alarming. I can't find any info about it for windows specifically. It happens any time I restart, too, except for the time I tried to boot into safe mode.

Any help out there? Thanks in advance.

Taking ownership can be a pain in the butt. To be able to help you properly with THAT though, I need to know a bit more information:
What and where is the location of the data you are attempting to gain control of? Same hard drive? Same partition? Different user account in the same Windows install?

Those variables are important.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/deleting-files-admin-permission-disk-i-o-error-597732.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello, during a recent find of malware, either by my actions or that of the malware, my programs wouldn't open unless in Administrator permission.
After, changing some permission values in a specific application called ehn.exe (which was marked as a virus), the situation improved slightly.
Now, the malware has been found and locked, but i can't open stuff normally.

For example, an attempt to open firefox.exe by double-clicking its desktop icon, produces a Open With. Attempts to open .exe files make a Open With, pictures, Zipped extensions, seem to work. Right-clicking the toolbar on the bottom, for the Task Manger produces Application Not Found, even through the application taskmgr.exe is located at the location, it reports not found.
If I use Ctrl+Alt+Del, and open the Task Mgr from there, it works.

A:Can't Open Programs/Files Wihtout Admin Permission

You are still infected. Head over to Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help and post there for more help

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-programs-files-wihtout-admin-permission-570227.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Ok, Vista Ult. on an nVidia MOBO, quad CPU 2.4 GHz(intel) 4Gig Ram 1Gig nVidia Video.
Ok, so the system can "rock with Vista", but suddenly, the "local" admin account lost permissions for 50% of ALL programs and folders. Then the same day, the "hidden" admin account, cannot run, access, remove, or make file or program changes. what gives????

I ran the admin cmd "takeown" for the hidden admin account, but that didn't make any change in the permissions. Programs still request "You do not have permission to ________" you fill in the blank, it occurs with anything . . .
Any ideas as to how one re-sets global permissions for an "admin" account?

Oh, and yes, I have A/V and antimalware running, upto date, and have scanned the whole system. AVG, SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware, Spysweeper,
Rootkit revealer, etc . . . All clean??
Any help would be GREAT !!!!!!!

A:[SOLVED] Hidden Admin no longer has permission rights?

Hi, how did you activate the "hidden admin" account in Vista? I use it occasionally and requires that I open a CMD prompt by right clicking and selecting "run as administrator" (you can set this to always be the case) now at the prompt type :- net user administrator /active:yes or to turn off substitute "yes " with "no". Reboot to have the Admin option on boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-hidden-admin-no-longer-has-permission-rights-270764.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all,
Just got my new computer and like my old one it has been set up with Windows 7 on, yet with this one whenever I try to move a file or delete something it says admin permission needed and I have to click on continue and it lets me do it. But I have to do this every time.
How do I turn this off? As far as I knew I was an admin as I have the only account and I can seem to do things that need admin permission but I may have not.

Thanks for your time.

A:How do I disable Admin permission notice for a Windows 7 account

You have NO admin right by default, but you can get it temporay. That's why the prompt appears.

But in what folder do you delete a file and it gives the admin popup?
"my documents", "my pictures" .... all your personal folders work fine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310176-how-do-i-disable-admin-permission-notice-windows-7-account.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My wife is using her computer in admin mode. For security I would like to change her over to a user account. But I need to do this seamlessly. She is not computer literate and uses her computer for work, therefore everything must "look and work" the same. I have done this for myself, but I did it the hard way, by resetting everything individually. Is there a way to tell "User" to use the desktop, browser, etc. settings as the administrator? Or, I just thought of this, should I make the admin account a user and set up an new admin account? I've tried to use Windows help and Google, but I don't know how to phrase the question. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Move admin desktop to a user?

This article describes how to copy user data from your Windows XP profile to a new profile.It doesn't have to be "corrupted" to do it.How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17099/move-admin-desktop-to-a-user/
Relevancy 80.84%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 80.84%

I messed up! Big time. (at least in my mind)

I have a laptop with a drive that is partitioned. C = programs and D = files, pics, music, etc. I have to share my laptop with a family member for awhile and I don't like them looking at my stuff, so I thought I would be savvy and change the permissions so they, as a user, couldn't read or write that drive. Since I have a administrator account I figured this was the best way to protect my privacy. WRONG!!! Now when I log in, as me, the administrator, I can not access the drive. If I click on My Computer, I see drive C with 11gb free, but drive D just says NFTS.

How can I undo this mistake?

Thanks for the HELP !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-read-write-permission-for-users-admin-windows-7rc.825739/
Relevancy 80.84%

Symptoms of the problem Most of my Start Menu Programs are now empty but I can access the programs by going to 'computer' and viewing 'Program' folder The programs are also shown when I go to 'uninstall' via Control Panel If I try to download and install virus protection such as Mcafee I have tried several anti-viris programs the software fails to install and says that I don't have 'administrator' rights to the folder in this case the folder named McAfee I believe the two problems listed above are related and cause by malware or a virus but I am unable to resolve it I believe the malware has changed the permissions on my computer Programs permission lost in Menu and admin Start missing and I need to restore them or Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost revert them I should only have one user on my computer Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost but I have suddenly had appear a second one called 'admistrator' when I log in My user name has the word 'Administrator' with it I have tried a system restore but this process fails and won't restore to any previous date I have had this problem for a few days Can anyone help

A:Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost

I have managed to do a system restore... (to in the midst of the problem) and got back missing programs from the Start menu... BUT I am still unable to download anti-virus software as I don't have permissions for the folder to do so...

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/275212-programs-missing-start-menu-admin-permission-lost.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My files, working Admin moving/deleting permission not needing friends computer is having issues with administrator moving/deleting files, needing Admin permission not working permissions I was tidying up his start menu moving shortcuts to appropriate folders Which I've done many times on other computer without admin issues appearing Some times when deleting moving files it says you will need to provide administrator permission to move this file it is a Windows Live Mail shortcut file continue skip cancel We click continue the UAC show Program Name File Operation Publisher Unknown File Origin Hard drive on this computer Yes No We click yes File Access Denied comes up You need permission to perform this action You require permission from the computer's admin to make changes to this file Some other functions that require Admin permission work ok some don't His account has been set as Administrator from day I've created another account and made it Administrator same issues He has Win bit gb ram McAfee Security Center v Build Affld McAfee Virus Scan v Build Last Update Any help would be appreciated Thanks Chris

A:moving/deleting files, needing Admin permission not working

You need to open Windows Explorer, then right click on the folder or even C:\ drive to take over Security permissions.  See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/how-do-i-change-folder-and-file-permissions/465f2b42-63dd-4486-8dd1-c870290efeed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509417/movingdeleting-files-needing-admin-permission-not-working/
Relevancy 80.84%

i am using an admin account, but for some reason i have lost control of my desktop.
screenshots below:

i am now unable to save/create files/folders/shortcuts on my desktop.
i have already re-disabled uac from control panel,
i have also set:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin
to 0
i ran a malwarebyte scan but it came out clean.
i am running windows vista Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:[SOLVED] [vista]admin user requires permission for desktop

Please attach screenshots to your next post. The amazon clouddrive pics are not showing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-admin-user-requires-permission-for-desktop-570547.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hi all

i m managing file server on windows 2003 server. in a directory i want to give all permission except file or folder delete permission to domain user.

please make reply as soon as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-file-delete-permission-while-keeping-rename-permission.534524/
Relevancy 79.12%

hey there I with can't admin C: rights access move adminstrator no or files seem to be having some issues with my laptop I have windows installed on it adminstrator with no admin rights can't access or move files C: and it had been acting adminstrator with no admin rights can't access or move files C: very slow I deleted some files etc and freed up my hard drive space then playing around with permissions and my user account i had suspected I had hacker on my system I changed permission on my C to admin only or something like that I am the only user account admin and had a guest account i disabled anyway after that the next time i turned my computer on i noticed my recycle bin had been emptied which i never did and i couldn't open the c drive I tried safe mode system restore etc and it said i needed administrator rights I searched on google and downloaded malwarebites and ran that it picked up viruses or something said to restart the computer which i did when i restarted the computer malwaresbites didn't work anymore and i couldn't open programs properly oh i might add before this i had been looking at my services and resource monitor and saw there were addresses established and listening on ports etc so i tried to disable a few and make my firewall better though i am not tech savvy i am not sure if i did any damage but now i can't access user accounts firewall settings network settings and heap of other things I am affraid that a virus or hacker or something is using my computer and accessing files as there was a few dodgy things i saw when i could see resource monitor someone printing documents and pictures of my work I downloaded takeownership to try and take back my c though the program would open black screen then disappear quickly I have an external hard drive i wanted to use to back up my work files personal pictures movies music etc but i couldn't transfer them because c drive is not accessible and i need permission from the administrator which is me lol to do it I tried going into permissions and all that now it won't let me change anything the only way i could save on my external hardrive was to open a word document and then click save as to the drive which is cool though i have near gigs to back up and a lot of files i can't do one by one like that my question is what can i do to back up my files I am pretty sure my laptop is screwed hope someone can help have been trying for the past weeks

A:adminstrator with no admin rights can't access or move files C:

Download UBCD here. At the boot menu select Parted Magic and follow this guide to copy your files to the external drive.

You can burn the UBCD iso to disk on another computer or use Rufus and the iso to create a bootable USB flash drive. Backup any current data you have on the flash drive as it will be erased.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616685/adminstrator-with-no-admin-rights-cant-access-or-move-files-c/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I need to either change a guest log in (kid's access) to
adminstrator, or a way to reveal or change the password
for the Admin profile. Thanks for your help.
I tried this already: Run: cmd net user guest *
I tried to rest the guest password this way but
it didn't work - I'm thinking it is because I am not
logged on as admin in the first place. What do I do now?
Thx
lrr

A:change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

you cant change an admins pw from a guest account....at all

only way to change the admin pw is to boot to safe mode and enter the sys admin account or use a hacking program iso which you can find easily but use at your own risk....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-guest-login-to-admin-or-figure-out-admin-password-314097.html
Relevancy 78.69%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 78.69%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 78.69%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 77.83%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi from my research I saw this is the best place to ask these types of question Any help is appreciated policy Group admin. cannot admin error; as login Here is the gist of Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. my issues Windows I had just Group policy error; admin cannot login as admin. finished downloading a file from our Google drive directory it was for some anti virus Right after the anti virus installed Windows froze up and an error popped up It stated Windows had crashed or something along those lines I had to unplug the cord Once rebooting I noticed it was taking incredibly long The screen went to yellow showing signs of loading then to black I could move my mouse here After this happened the login screen appeared Everything was very slow I tried to right click and noticed it freezing up After it finally loaded the login screen I entered in my pin but it took over minutes then went to black After other tries to boot I had very mixed signals Sometimes it made it to the login other times just a black screen On one occasion I got this error The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Sign-in The Universal Unique Identifier UUID Type Is Not Supported Sadly this is for the admin account I have no idea where to go from here and have a lot invested file and program wise and thus time wise into this set up for work Any ideas where to go I cannot access system restore or anything as it won't let me log in Any help is appreciated Edit title shouldn't say admin at the end Meaning I cannot log in to the admin or any other profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616132/group-policy-error;-admin-cannot-login-as-admin/
Relevancy 77.83%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 76.11%

There is a user Dad with admin privileges on a Windows machine this is me There are other users kid and kid with no admin privileges my kids - I want to let kid and kid access the contents of a directory in my userspace C Users Dad In fact it's not users wants a directory share to non-admin Admin with at the top level let's say it's C Users Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users Dad ownCloud photos because it is I want Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users to let kid have read write access and kid read only access I navigated my way to C Users Dad ownCloud and then right-clicked on photos clicked on properties clicked on the sharing tab and did what looked like the sensible thing gave the kids the required access I then logged in as kid and attempted to find my way to C Users Dad ownCloud photos I got there -- but on the way I saw far too much -- kid can see a complete list of the names of all files and directories in D Users Dad not ideal and also names of all files and directories in C Users Dad ownCloud which is not acceptable because that is my entire life in the cloud Is this expected behaviour when sharing directories in Windows If not what did I do wrong If so then this is no good and I guess I need a workaround The problem is that I am not at all sure that I can move the directory because it part of a cloud storage service like Dropbox but a different company and as far as I know that directory ownCloud photos the one I want to share with my kids must be a subdirectory of ownCloud the one that I really don't want my kids to be able to view the contents of Also not a viable solution is re-organizing the directory structure of ownCloud i e putting photos at the top and everything else in another directory called quot not for kids quot or whatever -- the problem with that solution is that this directory ownCloud is shared by me on many machines and if I start changing things around then various scripts running on other machines would immediately fail -- the directory structure cannot be messed with I think I need to have most directory names in C Users Dad ownCloud not visible but the entire directory C Users Dad ownCloud photos visible I'm not worried whether the kids can access the directory directly or via some network share or anything -- I just don't want them to see the names of all files and directories in C Users Dad ownCloud In unix this would be easy to do because one has very fine control on who can see what one could remove read access from C Users Dad but still allow read access to subdirectories How does one do that in Windows PS Lol quot I'm having trouble sharing quot a clickable option on the Share window That sometimes applies to my kids -- nice to see that it applies to me today

A:Admin wants to share a directory with non-admin users

NTFS Folder Permissions

I'm thinking if you create a symbolic link in C:\Users\Public you may be able to let the kids go directly to the shared folder. Perhaps then you can deny Traverse permission to block the parent folder. But I haven't done it myself.

Stoik Joker,who has the NTFS permissions page in the above link, is also a regular poster on DonationCoder.com. You may be able to ask for clarifications there. And of course someone with SysAdmin type experience may chime in here.

If you succeed using external info please post the solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330950-admin-wants-share-directory-non-admin-users.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html