Windows Support Forum

I used Windows Defender Offline now Windows 7 Home Premuim won't load

Q: I used Windows Defender Offline now Windows 7 Home Premuim won't load

I ran MSE on this computer and it picked up the Trojan Alureon. It said it couldn't completely unistall it and I had to use Windows Defender Offline. I installed WDO on my USB and ran it. Now I can't get windows to load and Startup Repair can't fix the problem. I've run it a few times and I've tried System Restore.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I used Windows Defender Offline now Windows 7 Home Premuim won't load

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I used Windows Defender Offline now Windows 7 Home Premuim won't load

Welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, unfortunately this is an all too common occurrence after using WDO.

I'm requesting this be moved to the security section where our experts will see it sooner.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309858-i-used-windows-defender-offline-now-windows-7-home-premuim-wont-load.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I was Running Windows Security Defender it said i had a Root Kit Virus and needed to download Windows Defender offline so i did
ran it it fourd 2 so i removed them and it restarted and now while loading Windows it flashes blue screen and restarts i dont have a boot disk and i really need help

A:Windows Defender Offline Removed Root kit now Windows wont load

G'day Kevier, and   to BC.
What operating system are you running?
How are you communicating with us now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533545/windows-defender-offline-removed-root-kit-now-windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 98.9%

I was Running Windows Security Defender it said i had a Root Kit Virus and needed to download Windows Defender offline so i did
ran it it foud 2 so i removed them and it restarted and now while loading Windows it flashes blue screen and restarts i dont have a boot disk and i really need help

Relevancy 97.61%

After scanning with Microsoft Security Essentials, I was informed that an infection existed that required me to run Windows Defender Offline. 
The Windows Defender scan revealed a total of 30 items which needed to be cleaned.  The only name I recall was Alureon Trojan.  I ran Defender and recevied the message that the clean up was successful.
However, I am now unable to load windows.  It fails over and over.  I have tried to repair via start up repair and using the reformatting option via Dell Data Safe, and restoring to an earlier point.  None of these has been successful.  It will begin to load Windows then stop and tell me it can not load. 

I ran farbar/recover/scan tool and received the attached log:

I would appreciate any assistance.

A:Windows will not load after running windows Defender offline

I'm sorry...I attached the log and then in another posters thread saw the instruction to simply copy and paste.  Below is the log text.   Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 18-06-2013 02Ran by SYSTEM on 19-06-2013 09:21:21Running from F:\Windows 7 Home Premium (X64) OS Language: English(US)Internet Explorer Version 8Boot Mode: RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet001ATTENTION!:=====> FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST.txt log and an extra Addition.txt log.==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2009-07-13] (Microsoft Corporation)Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [148888 2009-12-21] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [35696 2009-02-27] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell DataSafe Online] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m [1779952 2009-09-11] ()HKLM-x32\...\Run: [PDVDDXSrv] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe" [140520 2009-06-24] (CyberLink Corp.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell Webcam Central] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central\WebcamDell2.exe" /mode2 [409744 2009-06-24] (Creative Technology Ltd)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Desktop Disc Tool] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\Roxio Burn\RoxioBurnLauncher.exe" [494064 2009-06-18] ()Startup: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock First Run.lnkShortcutTarget: Dell Dock First Run.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)Startup: C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock First Run.lnkShortcutTarget: Dell Dock First Run.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================S2 mcmscsvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe [865832 2009-05-01] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 McSysmon; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe [606736 2009-06-16] (McAfee, Inc.)S4 MpfService; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe [893112 2009-06-09] (McAfee, Inc.)S2 0163141261414440mcinstcleanup; C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\016314~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog -service [x]S4 McNASvc; %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe [x]S3 McODS; %PROGRAMFILES%\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe [x]S4 McProxy; %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe [x]S3 McShield; "%PROGRAMFILES%\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe" [x]==================== Drivers (Whitelisted) ====================S3 mfeavfk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys [102600 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 mfebopk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfebopk.sys [41032 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S1 mfehidk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfehidk.sys [307400 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 mferkdk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mferkdk.sys [40904 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 mfesmfk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys [49480 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S1 MPFP; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Mpfp.sys [176144 2009-04-09] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 VIACRX64; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\viacr64.sys [100864 2009-07-14] (VIA Technologies, Inc.              )==================== NetSvcs (Whitelisted) ======================================= One Month Created Files and Folders ========2013-06-19 09:21 - 2013-06-19 09:21 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST2013-06-18 22:20 - 2013-06-18 22:20 - 00000000 ____D C:\Emergency2013-06-18 22:12 - 2013-06-18 22:20 - 00000000 ____D C:\Windows\SMINST==================== One Month Modified Files and Folde... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498516/windows-will-not-load-after-running-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 87.72%

well im kind of new to these fourms, and was wondering if I could find an anwser to this problem.
my laptop is a Dell inspiron 1545
model no:pp41l
with windows vista home premium pre installed
the computer is pretty new it was bought at the beginning of this year.
I recently installed Daemon tools v2.5 and Company of Heroes (however the problem started like a month afterwards)
It began when I ran mozilla firefox and it began to crash
Problem: my computer starts up but freezes right away whenever I click anything, it does not even allow me to turn it off or restart it.
It does not display any error messages it just stays stuck indefinitely.
sorry I could not provide more information but at the time I don't really know any more.
any help would be appreciated. thank you.

A:windows vista home premuim freezing

Hello Chris and welcome to TSF.

Daemon Tools is the cause of many problems in Vista/Windows 7, but there's no way of knowing for sure if that's the problem just yet. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-vista-home-premuim-freezing-496074.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, I hope i am doing this correctly. For the past 10 months i am blocked by group policy on almost anything i do on my laptop. I am the only one who uses it, I have no idea what group policy is, and had 3 IT look at it and they all said they have never seen this before, and no one could fix it. thanks in advance for anyone reading my post and or trying to help
Aimee

A:group policy on my personal windows 7 home premuim

Google Search finds some pages about Group Policy but I'd read those that show Microsoft in the line just below the title clickable link. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...7+group+policy
Basically Group Policy Editor is not for the Home Premium version of Windows.
An example from that list:
Group Policy management for IT pros

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364037-group-policy-my-personal-windows-7-home-premuim.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a problem on my windows 7, it crashed last 2 weeks ago and last week. Is just like it's crashing once a week, but not this week, what seems to be the problem in my os to freeze? I'm just browsing the net that days and then it suddenly freeze. Is it hardware problem? or just software problems?

A:Windows 7 Home Premuim 64bit Freezing Problem

I think you need follow these instructions to get help on your problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114733-windows-7-home-premuim-64bit-freezing-problem.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I hope someone can help.
A friend downloaded some video of me on a Toshiba MK8032gsx portable hard drive. We checked to make sure the video was there before he gave it to me.
My computer sees it as removable disk F, and says the device is working properly. However, I can't open anything on it. When I click on it in the Computer Window, it scans (the green line appears at the top, but doesn't complete).
I tried searching online for a driver update, but the computer said the driver was up to date.
Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 home premuim doesn't recognize Toshiba MK8032gsx Ex drive

Check in Bitdefender settings and see if is stopping externals from being used on your system. I don't use Bitdefender so I can't help you with the settings.

Do other externals work on your system?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359321-windows-7-home-premuim-doesnt-recognize-toshiba-mk8032gsx-ex-drive.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi guys,

I'm glad I found this forum. I bought a new ASUS laptop a few weeks ago and keep getting periodic BSOD crashed. Tried updating Bios and drivers but no luck. I will dump the info. below. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You,
Eric

A:BSOD on new ASUS U47A Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premuim

Welcome
Your BSODs are cause by this driver.
I normally tell members to update the driver by going to the manufacturers website. But I will not tell you that. Your computer is new, I would contact the company. If you start updating drivers etc you could void your warranty. I gave the facts, now the choice is yours.
Amustor.sys file descriptionProductname:Alocr Micro USB Mass Storage Driver Description:Alocr Micro USB Mass Storage Driver Company:Alcor Micro, Corp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243523-bsod-new-asus-u47a-laptop-running-windows-7-home-premuim.html
Relevancy 84.28%
Relevancy 79.12%

Sony Vaio Laptop is having problems Windows Windows Offline Windows results unable Defender to boot in 7 Home Premium bit OS It had malware on it called Alureon I was directed to use Windows Defender Offline using a CD After running it it removed the Alureon problem and other viruses So I thought I was good to go So I restarted my computer like it told me to and now It will NOT startup It will show the quot Starting Windows quot logo then stop flash the BSOD for a split second then restarts only to repeat the process When I run the startup Windows Defender Offline results in Windows 7 unable to boot repair it cannot fix the problem It WILL NOT boot any other Windows Defender Offline results in Windows 7 unable to boot way I cannot use any of the Safe modes Windows Defender Offline results in Windows 7 unable to boot It ll do the same thing after it loads my files it BSOD for a split second and restarts The BSOD code is I would like to avoid formatting and reinstalling the OS If at all possible PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS ANOTHER WAY After shutting off the automatic restart after failure And I actually got a glance at the BSOD It says under Technical Information STOP x B xFFFFF A E xFFFFFFFFC D x x And i still cannot access Safe Mode and it will not allow me to view the Technical Info for it s BSOD but im sure it s probably the same info

A:Windows Defender Offline results in Windows 7 unable to boot

Reboot your computer and tap the F10 key until Edit Boot Options screen appears

Post the exact thing use you see there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466955/windows-defender-offline-results-in-windows-7-unable-to-boot/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have read some other posts and start defender 7 offline, frst64 using windows after Windows log won't posted used the frst program The symptoms are common windows starts to boot shows a flash of a screen of text so fast you can't read it and Windows 7 won't start after using windows defender offline, frst64 log posted then crashes i got it into system recover mode and ran frst I attempted to Windows 7 won't start after using windows defender offline, frst64 log posted clean on my own first after seeing the following in the frst txt file the first time I ran it TDL custom lt ATTENTION ATTENTION Malware custom entry on BCD on drive d detected I put the first line in a fixlist txt and ran frst again using fix This removed the two attention lines above but left me with the following after doing another scan I have not tried to restart normally in windows due to the attention line in the following list indicating a boot record problem Thanks for the help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from F Windows Professional N Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run MSC - c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run VirtualCloneDrive - C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe - - Elaborate Bytes AG HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run HKSERV EXE - C Program Files x Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe - - Sony Corporation HKU barbp Run OfficeSyncProcess - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE - - Microsoft Corporation Services Whitelisted S MsMpSvc c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NisSrv c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe - - Microsoft Corporation Drivers Whitelisted S MpFilter C Windows System DRIVERS MpFilter sys - - Microsoft Corporation S NisDrv C Windows System DRIVERS NisDrvWFP sys - - Microsoft Corporation NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C Windows Microsoft Antimalware - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtml dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieframe dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtml dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW ieframe dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System jscript dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW jscript dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtml tlb - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtml tlb - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System iertutil dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wininet dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW iertutil dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wininet dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System inetcpl cpl - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW inetcpl cpl - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW ieapfltr dat - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieapfltr dat - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System urlmon dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW urlmon dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System MsSpellCheckingFacility exe - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtmlmedia dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System jscript dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieapfltr dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtmlmedia dll - - - - - - Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW jscript dll... Read more

A:Windows 7 won't start after using windows defender offline, frst64 log posted

Good evening. I have not tried to restart normally in windows due to the attention line in the following list indicating a boot record problem
Which line are you referring to?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504015/windows-7-wont-start-after-using-windows-defender-offline-frst64-log-posted/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I just recently ran after Windows repair 7 Defender Windows Offline running needs Windows Defender offline on my fiancee's laptop it removed about virus malware Windows 7 needs repair after running Windows Defender Offline from their OS but now it's missing some boot-up files I ran FRST and have the text file here but I am lost on what to do now Any help is appreciated Thank you Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from F Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run x HKLM Run cAudioFilterAgent C Program Files Conexant cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe - - Conexant Systems Inc HKLM Run SmartAudio C Program Files CONEXANT SAII SAIICpl exe t - - HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run HSON ProgramFiles TOSHIBA TBS HSON exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosWaitSrv ProgramFiles TOSHIBA TPHM TosWaitSrv exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run Teco ProgramFiles TOSHIBA TECO Teco exe r - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run SmartFaceVWatcher ProgramFiles Toshiba SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatcher exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosVolRegulator C Program Files TOSHIBA TosVolRegulator TosVolRegulator exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosSENotify C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosWaitSrv exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosNC ProgramFiles Toshiba BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosReelTimeMonitor ProgramFiles TOSHIBA ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run IntelliPoint c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MSC C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run ToshibaAppPlace C Program Files x Toshiba Toshiba App Place ToshibaAppPlace exe - - Toshiba HKLM-x Run ToshibaServiceStation C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe hide - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM-x Run TWebCamera C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe autorun - - TOSHIBA CORPORATION HKLM-x Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder C Program Files x Toshiba Toshiba Online Backup Activation TOBuActivation exe UNATTENDED - - Toshiba HKLM-x Run dplaysvr LOCALAPPDATA dplaysvr exe x HKU Roni First Run msnmsgr C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe background - - Microsoft Corporation HKU The Tangs Run swg C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe - - Google Inc HKU The Tangs Run msnmsgr C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe background - - Microsoft Corporation HKU The Tangs Run Steam C Program Files x Steam Steam exe -silent - - Valve Corporation Startup C Users The Tangs AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup ZooskMessenger lnk ShortcutTarget ZooskMessenger lnk - gt C Program Files x ZooskMessenger ZooskMessenger exe No File Services Whitelisted DefaultTabSearch C Program Files x DefaultTab DefaultTabSearch exe - - DefaultTabUpdate C Users The Tangs AppData Roaming DefaultTab DefaultTab DTUpdate exe - - MsMpSvc C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation NisSrv C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe - - Microsoft Corporation Norton PC Checkup Application Launcher C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe s - - Symantec Corporation PCCUJobMgr C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe s PCCUJobMgr m C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine diMaster dll prefetch - - Symantec Corporation Drivers Whitelisted MpFilter C Windows ... Read more

A:Windows 7 needs repair after running Windows Defender Offline

Hello kublade and Welcome to The Forums!!Around here they call me Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
TDL4: custom:26000022 <===== ATTENTION!
CMD: bootrec /FixMbr
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485499/windows-7-needs-repair-after-running-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 78.69%

I recently ran windows defender on my pc to remove the alureon trojan. After running it my pc will not boot up in normal mode only in safe mode. It reaches the user profile page and will even go to where I enter my password then seems to time out and shut down and restart going to the windows did not shutdown properly page. I have tried system restore with no luck. I read in another forum that the trojan puts in a partition so that boot has to go through it first and to use [email protected] or liveboot to set my original patition to active. I tried [email protected] and don't really know which partition is what so I changed which one was active, then got a message that bootmng wasn't present, so I set it back. Don't know where to go from here.

A:windows won't boot after running windows defender offline

Hi pakoeikan,

my name is easyrider2. I have found that Windows Defender does not remove the Alureon trojan (please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alureon)

I am not a security expert but I think it would be best to try to remove existing malware on your computer before running Windows Vista System Restore. If you have an access to another computer with CD/DVD recorder I would recommend downloading and burning the Kaspersky Rescue Disc (http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208282173). Once downloaded and burned into the CD/DVD, you would need to enter BIOS on your non-running computer. To enter to the BIOS you need to press a specific key which is mentioned on the very first screen once you power the computer on). Usually it can be F2 or Del. Once in BIOS, you would need to change the booting sequence so the CD/DVD reader is before the hard drive. Save the settings and try to restart the computer. Once restarted, run the Kaspersky Rescue Disc and let us know if it detected/removed any malware.

Best of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470295/windows-wont-boot-after-running-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have windows 7 home premuim 64 bit
I went to create restore point on my new dell and after about an 1/2 hour of waiting for SR to open up I got this:

You have no Restore Points. Use System Protection to create restore point.
When I attempt to turn on System Protection, it doesn't show any drives available when it opens -- it just says that it's searching for available drives and it keeps searching and doesn't stop. Eventually, I'll receive the following Error Message:

"There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encounter an error. Please try to run System Restore again (0x81000203)." also all button are greyed out. I wanted take an image to show you but that's not working either. Is there hope?

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Home Premuim System Restore and System Protection not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-home-premuim-system-restore-and-system-protection-not-working.917406/
Relevancy 77.83%

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with XP. I download The Windows Defender Offline and created the boo-table CD with this computer. But when I boot with it, the only option the program gives me is to update it. Then when I click on the update button the bar fills to approx. 90% then says it encountered a problem with the connection.This can go on over and over.

Yet when I put in the very same CD into My Dell desktop it runs just fine. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. But I hope someone has some idea of what else I can try. I also put the program on a flash drive. but the Toshiba does not have an option to boot from the flash drive

A:Windows Defender Offline

Windows Defender is, in my opinion, a complete and utter waste of time and resources. I'm not sure what you're trying to fix or accomplish by running it, but I assure you there are significantly better alternatives.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461396/windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 77.83%

I downloaded Windows Defender Offline to a USB memory stick, 16GB capacity. I have used it once successfully. Can I add other 'matters' to this memory stick, or should WDOffline be the only thing stored on the stick ?
If other files, etc are added to the same stick, when booting up the computer offline to use WDOffline, will the offline procedure still be able to be carried out, or will other files present prevent it ?

A:Windows Defender Offline.

Hello Fred,

Yes, you could use the USB flash drive as usual as well without affecting Windows Defender Offline. Just don't delete any of the Windows Defender Offline files.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/300482-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I ran windows defender offline and now my computer won't start up windows, it keeps rebooting. start up repair doesn't fix the problem nor did returning the computer to the last good configuration. I didn't receive a disk installation disk with the desktop and I don't want to loose everything that is stored on my computer. I need guidance.

A:Used windows defender offline now windows won't start

Hi empresssoul welcome to SevenForums

If you're getting startup loops take a look at the tutorial below

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/288228-used-windows-defender-offline-now-windows-wont-start.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Someone please help me My Dell Inspiron Laptop is having problems I had a bad Rootkit on it called Alureon I was recommended to use Windows Defender Offline using a CD After a couple of hours of scanning it removed two Alureon rootkits and other viruses So I thought I was good to go So I restarted my computer like it told me to and now It will NOT startup It will show the quot Starting Windows quot logo then stop flash the BSOD for a split second then restarts only to repeat the process When I do the startup repair it won t do anything I had it running for over an hour and it wouldn t do anything It WILL NOT boot any other way I cannot use any of the Safe modes It ll do the same Offline Defender startup after Windows Windows 7 Cannot using thing after it loads my files it BSOD for a split second and restarts However when I boot it up again using WDO it takes a couple of attempts but it ll start up Should I scan again Also I managed to go into diagnostics before startup and it says nothing is wrong with my computer HELP I have important documents on this computer Cannot startup Windows 7 after using Windows Defender Offline I CANNOT restore it to default PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS ANOTHER WAY EDIT I don t know if this is at all useful but I managed to shut off the automatic restart after failure And I actually got a glance at the BSOD It says under Technical Information STOP x B xFFFFF A E xFFFFFFFFC D x x And i still cannot access Safe Mode and it will not allow me to view the Technical Info for it s BSOD but im sure it s probably the same info

A:Cannot startup Windows 7 after using Windows Defender Offline

On my xp (hopefully your 7 is close enough) when the restart loop happened, it's because a setting in "startup & recovery" was set to "automatically restart" in the "system failure" section of the "startup & recovery" pane. How I get to it is: RIGHT click "my computer" → "properties" → in the "startup & recovery" section "settings" → UNCHECK "automatically restart" → "OK & APPLY" your way out. I hope this can help you at least get out of the restart loop even though it's xp stuff. good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458150/cannot-startup-windows-7-after-using-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 76.97%

What is Windows Defender Offline Beta Sometimes malicious and other potentially unwanted software including rootkits try to install themselves on your Offline Beta? Defender Windows PC This can happen when you connect to the Internet or install some programs from a CD DVD or other media Once on your PC this software might run immediately Windows Defender Offline Beta? or it might run at unexpected times Windows Defender Offline Beta can help remove such hard to find malicious and potentially unwanted programs using definitions that recognize threats Definitions are files that provide an encyclopedia of potential software threats Because new threats appear daily it s important to always have the most up-to-date definitions installed in Windows Defender Offline Beta Armed with definition files Windows Defender Offline Beta can detect malicious and potentially unwanted software and then notify you of the risks To use Windows Defender Offline Beta you need to follow four basic steps Download Windows Defender Offline Beta and create a CD DVD or USB flash drive Restart your PC using the Windows Defender Offline Beta media Scan your PC for malicious and other potentially unwanted software Remove any malware that is found from your PC Windows Defender Offline Beta will walk you through the Windows Defender Offline Beta? details of these four steps when you re using the tool If you ve been prompted in Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender to download and run Windows Defender Offline Beta it s important that you do so to make sure that your data and your PC isn t compromised To get started find a blank CD DVD or USB flash drive with at least MB of free space and then download and run the tool the tool will help you create the removable media Sauce sic The branding history of WDO goes something like this Back in Microsoft bought a company called GIANT AntiSpyware and turned that product into Microsoft AntiSpyware the next year MS then rewrote it and renamed it Windows Defender in and made it a free download for Windows XP Later MS built Windows Defender into Vista and Windows In Microsoft also bought a company called Sybari and turned Sybari s antivirus product into a corporate AV suite Microsoft Forefront Many companies are still running Forefront Microsoft then created a free consumer small-business version of Forefront and called it Microsoft Security Essentials If you download and install MSE on a PC that has Windows Defender whether manually installed on XP or baked into Vista and Win it automatically disables the Windows Defender user interface and takes over Defender s functions MSE effectively supersedes Windows Defender It now appears that Microsoft is recycling the Windows Defender name but none of the original WD code Windows President Steve Sinofsky who s in the thick of finishing Windows stated in a Building Windows blog quot With Windows we are extending the protections provided by Defender to address a broader range of potential threats quot He added that Win will have quot improvements to Windows Defender to provide you with real-time protection from all categories of malware quot In short there s every indication that Windows Defender Offline is based on the Forefront Microsoft Security Essentials code base and has absolutely nothing in common with the old Windows Defender regardless of what you may have read in the computer press Regardless of its history Windows Defender Offline s primary advantage is as a self-booting anti-malware system Try it out Click to expand There is a lot of pedigree to this AV system I ll certainly give it a try out nbsp

A:Windows Defender Offline Beta?

Thank you for letting us know. We are currently using MS security essential. Than still need Windows Defender Offline Beta?
I am happy with security essential.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/windows-defender-offline-beta.4044275/
Relevancy 76.97%

hello, i read another similar but not sure what will apply in my case.... After being notified my computer was infected I followed the suggestion to use Windows Defender Offline to remove the trojan. Once completed, and having cleaned the trojan, the computer would not reboot. It has a black screen with a flashing curser in the top left. I cannot even get to a login screen or any other screen. I am typing this on a laptop as my desktop cannot even be used now. The infected computer is a Dell using Windows 7 professional (sadly, not sure if its 7 or 8)64bit. When I restart, I can do f2 or f12 (but not f8 nor f10). been trying to fix all day. please help if you can

A:cant reboot after windows defender offline

gchen,

Please try the following:

You may want to print these instructions so you can have access to them.
Also, you may want to read them once before you apply them.

Please plug in a USB pen drive into a clean working computer.

Go to the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the download that applies to your system.

[Note: To find out if it is 64-bit or 32-bit, check the Model of your Dell, and its serial number.
Go to the Dell website, and see if you can find out. If this is not possible, then, try one version of the tool (64-bit), and if it does not work, then use the other (32-bit).]

Save the program to the >> USB pen drive.
Remove USB pen drive from the working computer when done.

Now, go to the problem computer.
Plug in the USB pen drive which has FRST.

Start the computer, and tap the F8 key until you get to the Advanced Boot Options menu
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item

From there...
Select your language settings, and click: Next
Select your User account and click: OK (If you did not set a password, leave blank.)

On the System Recovery Options you get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Scan your computer's memory for errors
Command Prompt

Select: Command Prompt

In the Command Prompt window, at the blinking cursor type notepad and press: Enter
In Notepad, under the File menu select: Open
Double-click the Computer icon on the left.
Find the pen drive letter, remember what letter it is, click on it, and press: Open
Close out of Notepad.

Click the Command Prompt window
Type x:\frst.exe, and press: Enter

[Note:
1. Replace the drive letter x with the drive letter of your pen drive!
2. If the system is 64-bit, use x:\frst64.exe]

FRST starts, and prepares to run. Follow the prompts.
Click Yes to the Disclaimer.

Press the Scan button.

The scan runs, and, the program saves a report, FRST.txt, on the pen drive.

When done, click the Command Prompt window, type exit, and press: Enter

Back at the System Recovery Options, press: Shutdown
Remove the USB pen drive from the problem computer.

Plug the USB pen drive in the working computer, and please provide the FRST.txt in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/327507-cant-reboot-after-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm trying to download and install windows defender offline to a flash drive for use on another computer. During the 4-step process, I get error 0007-8004DD1D "error formatting drive" when it tries to format the flash drive. I have tried several time using different flash drives. I manually formatted the flash drive to verify that it could be formatted. I have copied files to the drive to verify that it is OK. Help!

A:windows defender offline error

Quote: Originally Posted by phillipdh

I'm trying to download and install windows defender offline to a flash drive for use on another computer. During the 4-step process, I get error 0007-8004DD1D "error formatting drive" when it tries to format the flash drive. I have tried several time using different flash drives. I manually formatted the flash drive to verify that it could be formatted. I have copied files to the drive to verify that it is OK. Help!

Hello Phill , follow this guide and let me know what happens.
Windows Defender Offline

If that doesnt work, try this.

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/306809-windows-defender-offline-error.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I've been using both versions of this on a few machines in the shop the last couple weeks and it seems to be working well enough. I like the idea of a simple live-CD scanner. And bonus: it will even update itself before a scan. Documentation says to make a new one every couple weeks, seems like a good idea. However, it doesn't seem to catch a lot. For example, on Saturday I had a kid's Vista laptop that had been hammered. Win Defender Offline CD found about eight threats. Boot to safe mode, run rkill and MBAM finds....get this....920 threats. Reboot and SuperASW finds 200 more. CCleaner clears over 200 registry problems. Applied SP1 and SP2 and current browsers and it seems to run just fine. Amazing. I'll keep using the CDs and see what happens.

A:Windows Defender Offline Beta

No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. Just because one anti-virus detected threats that another missed, does not mean its more effective. The security community is in a constant state of change as new infections appear and it takes time for them to be reported, samples collected, analyzed, and tested by anti-vendors. Security vendors use different scanning engines and different detection methods such as heuristic analysis or behavioral analysis which can account for discrepancies in scanning outcomes. Depending on how often the anti-virus database is updated can also account for differences in threat detections. Further, each vendor has its own definition of what constitutes malware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results. The fact that each program has its own definition files means that some malware may be picked up by one that could be missed by another. Thus, a multi-layered defense using anti-spyware products (including an effective firewall) to supplement your anti-virus combined with common sense, safe computing and safe surfing habits provides the most complete protection.SuperASW finds 200 moreThe detections most likely included a lot of tracking cookies which are not a threat.CCleaner clears over 200 registry problemsWhile CCleaner is safe and useful for removing temporary and junk files, I do not recommend using the built-in registry cleaner unless you have a good understanding of the registry. In fact, I don't recommend using registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:? Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.? Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.? Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.? Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.? The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441912/windows-defender-offline-beta/
Relevancy 76.11%

Windows Defender 64-bit has been downloaded three separate times and burned to DVD boot disks. Each time I have booted from the different DVDs, but each time Defender starts to boot then hangs on the screen where the Windows 7 four colored balls swirl around and form the Windows logo. However, with each boot attempt I don't see the balls, only a big light colored blue square where the balls would have been. Then the boot seems to stall right there and not continue.

Again, I have downloaded the Windows Defender file 3 times and each one does the same thing. Any input on this issue as to if it is something I need to do to my PC to allow Defender to finish the boot?

Thanks.

A:Windows Defender Offline boots then stalls

Did you make these disks on a clean PC? If the PC you are using to make the disks is infected, then WDO could be compromised.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/261323-windows-defender-offline-boots-then-stalls.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hello,  i just used window defender offline to remove an alureon trojan from my PC (window7, 64 bit) and not it will not boot, so i took to the internet on a working computer to see what i can do.   i found that many many people got help via this forum so here i am, hat in hand.  i have attached the FRST log.  thank you for any help you can offer.

A:Used windows defender offline and now cant boot computer

Hello bostonjon I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] - C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2010-11-20] (Microsoft Corporation)

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517679/used-windows-defender-offline-and-now-cant-boot-computer/
Relevancy 76.11%

How do I get malware definition updates for Windows Defender Offline to update my Windows Defender Offline bootable USB stick?

A:How do I get definition updates for Windows Defender Offline

download windows defender updates for windows 7http://is.gd/7PZM8shttp://www.microsoft.com/security/p...

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-do-i-get-definition-updates-for-windows-defender-offline/39854.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I am running Windows 7 and I noticed two days ago my Micrrosoft Security Essentials kept shutting down. I got a message to run Windows Defender Offline. I downloaded and ran a deep scan, cleaned everything up. Now after all that, I attempted a reboot and absolutely nothing. I hit "F8" and then did a "Last Known Good Confguration". The option that came up was Windows XP Professional, I've never had XP on this machine. I dont want to anymore damage, can someone please give me some guidance on fixing my machine?

A:Alureon Virus & Windows Defender Offline

Your type of infection requires elevated help. Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495151/alureon-virus-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 76.11%

A previous thread mentioned that the offline tool wizard could incorporate new definitions onto the USB boot disk. However, when I created the disk the tool warned me that everything on the disk would be wiped off. How will the updating process avoid that warning?

In addition, I have a WinXp/32 and a Win8/64 computer. Do I need to create a separate USB boot stick for each computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-windows-defender-offline-tool.205797/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys,

I downloaded the Windows defender offline tool for USB iso bootable file from Microsoft website and now I can use it from boot to scan the machine. When the machine (Windows 7 32-bit) boots by that tool, it wants me to update it before scanning the machine and that is the work I do. It becomes up-to-date and scans the system.
So far every thing is OK.

But after a few hours or a day if I want to scan another PC by that updated Windows defender offline tool, it again wants me to update it (!!) while a little time ago I have updated it!!
Apparently the updating files don't remain/store in that tool.

Is there a way to save the updating files into that tool for future uses?

A:How to have Windows defender offline tool always up-to-date?

There are always new definitions being added, that is why it keeps updating. You will just have to live with the updating or use out dated definitions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/317317-how-have-windows-defender-offline-tool-always-up-date.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My XPS has Windows installed and runs very well nbsp I wanted to run Windows Defender s new Offline feature where you can start it from Settings - Updates and Security - Windows Defender - Windows Defender Offline When I click on the quot Scan Offline quot button my PC seems to be doing what it should be i e it shuts down and restarts nbsp However instead of doing a scan the Dell Backup and Recovery process opens instead nbsp Obviously something is wrong here This PC originally came with Windows installed May nbsp I performed the in-place Windows update with no issues nbsp It currently has ALL Microsoft updates The only thing that I believe might be an issue is that in addition to the C Offline 9343 XPS with Problem 13 Defender Windows partition and the EFI System Partition MB it has four additional hidden partitions OEM Partition MB Recovery Partition MB Recovery Partition MB and a Recovery Partition XPS 13 9343 Problem with Windows Defender Offline GB Surely some of these partitions are not needed and I suspect may be playing a part in this problem Any ideas Thanks Doug

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19994538
Relevancy 76.11%

Trying to rid a Dell Latitude D630 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit laptop of malware, trojans etc. I loaded Windows Defender Offline 64-bit on a USB stick, changed the boot order to boot from USB, but receive the error message "BOOTMGR MISSING Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart", making it unable to run the Windows Defender Offline. I do not get this error when I boot normally (from HDD), only when trying to run WDO from USB. Laptop is fully functional (albeit slow) when booting from HDD. Also, I do not have any of the install/recovery disks.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

A:BootMGR missing only when trying to run Windows Defender Offline

ms26260, welcome to the forums. Sound like you need to make the usb bootable.use this

USB Boot
select try unlisted linux iso from the drop down, choose the ISO you want to boot, then select your drive letter. Then boot from the usb.

Your ISO to choose is the one created as shown here

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288322-bootmgr-missing-only-when-trying-run-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Got the Alureon.a trojan/rootkit. Downloaded the Windows Defender Offline and ran it successfully, but now I can not get past the "Verifying DMI pool data....".

I've read countless posts about doing F8 or F10 to go into Advanced Boot Options, but neither of those respond. So I can not change the /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN.

Only things I can go into are the Boot Menu (F12) and BIOS Setup (Del). I've tried every possible combo of Alt+F10, Ctrl+F8, etc. to no avail. Hitting (ESC) to go into Safe Mode option does not work either. Nor vigorously tapping of F8 or F10.

Any suggestions on how to get to the Advanced Boot Menu?

Thank you in advance.

A:Boot Failure after Windows Defender Offline

Actually I would suggest booting from a W7 installation DVD and running Startup Repair in your case.

Startup Repair

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245628-boot-failure-after-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My parents have Windows XP and i am trying to find a download site to download Defender offline because their system has the babylon tool bar and the Trojan Aleriun or whatever it's called. My system is 64 bit so i am not sure how to go about burning a rescue disk. Any recommendations , i am planning to set their system to boot from the dvd but what rescue disk will work? Thanks everybody

A:download link for Windows defender offline

herbc, it can be found here.
What is Windows Defender Offline?

I will let others with more knowledge on malware assist further

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/290952-download-link-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Mod edit; moved to Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs no   w that FRST log is posted  ~~boopme          

I've been working on a Dell Laptop with WIndows 7.  It had multiple infections.  I had to uninstall the existing AV software as it would not update (Avast).  I installed Windows Security Essentials and ran a scan.  It found multiple items and cleaned what it could but then said I needed to run Windows Defender Offline.  I booted from CD into Windows Defender Offline and ran the full scan.  It found and removed several.  I rebooted the computer and now it gives a BSOD every time.  I cannot boot into safe mode either.  I have attempted system restore and start up repair...both unsuccessful.

Any chance anyone has some expertise in this area?

A:BSOD after running Windows Defender Offline

I have seen discussion of using FRST64 to provide a log file.  I have coppied the FST.txt file to this post if it helps. Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 14-05-2013Ran by SYSTEM on 14-05-2013 14:02:03Running from F:\Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X64) OS Language: English(US)Internet Explorer Version 9Boot Mode: RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet002ATTENTION!:=====> FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST.txt log and an extra Addition.txt log.==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================HKLM\...\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe [611192 2011-07-20] (Alps Electric Co., Ltd.)HKLM\...\Run: [SysTrayApp] C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray64.exe [525312 2011-01-25] (IDT, Inc.)HKLM\...\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Program Files\Dell\DW WLAN Card\WLTRAY.exe [6492672 2011-01-15] (Dell Inc.)HKLM\...\Run: [FreeFallProtection] C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\AccelerometerP11\FF_Protection.exe [686704 2011-07-25] ()HKLM\...\Run: [DFEPApplication] c:\Program Files\Dell\Feature Enhancement Pack\DFEPApplication.exe [7077272 2011-08-24] (Dell Inc.)HKLM\...\Run: [TdmNotify] C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Access\Advanced\Wave\Trusted Drive Manager\TdmNotify.exe [257392 2011-05-27] (Wave Systems Corp.)HKLM\...\Run: [DBRMTray] C:\Dell\DBRM\Reminder\DbrmTrayIcon.exe [227328 2011-03-08] (Dell Computer Corporation)HKLM\...\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LogMeInSystray.exe" [57928 2012-04-02] (LogMeIn, Inc.)HKLM\...\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey [1281512 2013-01-27] (Microsoft Corporation)HKLM\...\RunOnce: [DBRMTray] C:\Dell\DBRM\Reminder\TrayApp.exe [7168 2010-02-04] (Microsoft)HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2010-11-20] (Microsoft Corporation)Winlogon\Notify\spba: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SPBA\homefus2.dll (UPEK Inc.)HKLM\...D6A79037F57F\InprocServer32: [Default-fastprox] C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-18\$967e1397e77b3c7f6c5e4acb920fa134\n. ATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccessHKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell Webcam Central] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central\WebcamDell2.exe" /mode2 [462993 2010-03-12] (Creative Technology Ltd)HKLM-x32\...\Run: []  [x]HKLM-x32\...\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\12.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray12OEM.exe" [240112 2010-11-25] (Sonic Solutions)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Desktop Disc Tool] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\Roxio Burn\RoxioBurnLauncher.exe" [514544 2010-11-17] ()HKLM-x32\...\Run: [BCSSync] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices [91520 2010-03-13] (Microsoft Corporation)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [252296 2012-01-17] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe" [59720 2013-01-28] (Apple Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\WordPerfect Office X5\Programs\QFSCHD150.EXE" [128440 2012-09-21] (Corel Corporation)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Real\RealPlayer\update\realsched.exe"  -osboot [296096 2012-10-18] (RealNetworks, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime [421888 2012-10-25] (Apple Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [152392 2013-02-20] (Apple Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Nuance PDF Reader-reminder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PDF Reader\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\ProgramData\Nuance\PDF Reader\Ereg\Ereg.ini" [333088 2010-07-05] (Nuance Communications, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [946352 2012-12-18] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Search... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494552/bsod-after-running-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a will after boot not running Defender Offline Windows Dell Inspiron N laptop running Windows Home Premium bit It had a Windows will not boot after running Defender Offline virus I failed to write down the name so I ran Security Essentials After running WSE it Windows will not boot after running Defender Offline told me that I needed to run Windows Defender Offline to complete the removal I created the WDO disc and after running it the computer will not start It first flashes a blue screen then goes into the Error Recovery screen The Launch Startup Repair cannot fix the problem and when you choose Start Windows Normally the loop starts again Before I ran WSE and WDO the computer would boot up I ran FRST and here is the log Thanks for any help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- R O KL on - - Running from F Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Apoint - C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run IntelPAN - C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe - - Intel reg Corporation HKLM Run BTMTrayAgent - C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth btmshell dll - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run QuickSet - c Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run DellStage - C Program Files x Dell Stage Dell Stage stage primary exe - - HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher - C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central - C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run Dell DataSafe Online - C Program Files x Dell Dell Datasafe Online NOBuClient exe - - Dell Inc HKLM-x Run - X HKLM-x Run RoxWatchTray - C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe - - Sonic Solutions HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool - C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe - - HKLM-x Run Microsoft Default Manager - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Default Manager DefMgr exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run mcui exe - C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run NeroLauncher - C Program Files x Nero SyncUP NeroLauncher exe - - HKLM-x Run AccuWeatherWidget - C Program Files x Dell Stage Dell Stage AccuWeather accuweather exe - - Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation Services Whitelisted S McAWFwk C Program Files mcafee msc McAWFwk exe - - McAfee Inc S McMPFSvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S mcmscsvc C Program Files Common Files mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McNaiAnn C Program Files Common Files mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McNASvc C Program Files Common Files mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McODS C Program Files mcafee VirusScan mcods exe - - McAfee Inc S McOobeSv C Program Files Common Files mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McProxy C Program Files Common Files mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McShield C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemC... Read more

A:Windows will not boot after running Defender Offline

Hello kingfishracin I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524615/windows-will-not-boot-after-running-defender-offline/
Relevancy 76.11%

I realized I had an issue when Microsoft Security Essentials kept getting turned off. It suggested running Windows Defender Offline, after I ran a deep scan & cleaned them out, I couldn't start my machine. I went to F8 and hit "Last Known Good Configuration". My only option was "Windows XP Professional". I've never had XP on this machine. My question is...is my machine screwed and everything gone?...can anyone help me fix my machine?...And yes, I have a second hard drive as a back-up but it seemed to have messed that one up too....I would appreciate any help...

A:Aulreon virus & Windows Defender Offline

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/495141 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495141/aulreon-virus-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 76.11%

Microsoft Security Essentials said I needed to run Windows Defender Offline to remove a trojan. I made the disk and ran it and it said it removed the trojan and to restart the computer. Only problem is it only goes to the Windows Error Recovery Screen. It will not repair or start normally. I tried the advanced start options (safe mode, etc) and it will not work either. I have a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 Professional, 64 Bit. I was told by MS to download a windows disk from
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net which I did and burned it to a DVD as requested. Put it in the laptop and still get same windows error recovery screen.
Someone please help. I have now been without the computer for 3 days and I am ready to trash it and get a Macbook Air.

A:Windows Defender Offline crashed computer

Edit ... You can make a system rescue disk http://www.sysresccd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage
Just be sure to burn the ISO at a slow speed so as not to corrupt the CD!

If you have MSE Microsoft Security Essentials, then disable Windows Defender in Services. Type services.msc in the start search box, click on the icon, scroll down to Windows Defender, right click > choose properties, then set it to disabled.

Make sure your not using 'proxy' settings:
1) Under “Tools” in the browser tool bar select “Internet Options”.
2) In the “Internet Options” window that pops up, click the “Connections” tab at the top.
3) Click “LAN Settings” near the bottom of the “Connections” section.
4) If the “Proxy server” checkbox is marked with a check, click it to deselect/uncheck it.
5) Click “Ok” to close the “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings” window.
6) Click “Ok” to close the “Internet Options” window.
Reboot
Make sure "Proxy server" is still disabled under your LAN Settings.
Test whether Internet connectivity is restored.

If no crashes occur connecting to the Internet ...
Download DDS from one of these links:

Mirror 1 Mirror 2 Mirror 3Disable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment.
No need for that though ..... just post it's contents as you would any other log.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/219741-windows-defender-offline-crashed-computer.html
Relevancy 76.11%

So a google search tells me that this seems to happen pretty often. Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool detected Alereon (sp?), directed me to use Windows Defender Offline. I did and now I can't boot up.

I have followed the directions given here to prior victims and have attached the FRST scan log. Thank you for any help you can give.

A:Ran Windows Defender Offline, can't boot up computer. Help please!

Hello and welcome bsever mate try one of these I would try the Kaspersky one first.

5 Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CD for Windows: Free Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/319080-ran-windows-defender-offline-cant-boot-up-computer-help-please.html
Relevancy 76.11%

After being notified the Alureon Trojan was on my computer I followed the suggestion to use Windows Defender Ofline to remove the trojan. Once completed, and having cleaned the trojan, the computer would not reboot. It now says no BOOTMGR and just continues to reboot itself and goes back to NO BOOTMGR error. I cannot even get to a login screen or any other screen. I am typing this on a laptop as
my desktop cannot even be used now. The infected computer is a Dell Studio XPS using Windows 7 64bit.

A:Problems with reboot after using Windows Defender Offline

JudyinHawaii,

Do you have a Windows 7 installation CD/DVD?

If not, is the computer running Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/283505-problems-reboot-after-using-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I removed a Alureon virus using the Windows Defender Offline and everything was successful until I restarted the computer, I got the BSOD. Then unplugged all the various drives I had attached and used the Start Up Repair option and it said that it couldn't repair the computer. So I searched on a clean computer and got as far as downloading the FRST64.exe. I ran it and I will try and attach this file to the post. Any assistance would be most helpful.

Thanks!

A:BSOD after removing Alureon using Windows Defender Offline

error 0x0000007B

I removed a Alureon virus using the Windows Defender Offline and everything was successful until I restarted the computer, I got the BSOD. I then unplugged all the various drives I had attached and used the Start Up Repair option and it said that it couldn't repair the computer. So I searched on a clean computer and got as far as downloading the FRST64.exe. I ran it and I will try and attach this file to the post. Any assistance would be most helpful.
Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336642-bsod-after-removing-alureon-using-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Trying to clear my mom's computer of some viruses. She has Microsoft Security Essentials and it said I needed to download Windows Defender Offline.

I downloaded to my personal laptop and created the files on a brand new clean USB flash drive.

Went through the steps necessary through BIOS to move the USB drive to top of the Boot list.
When I put the USB in and restart the computer, it gives me a Disk Error message.

Any ideas what the issue could be?
Computer I'm trying to clean is a desktop Dell Dimension.

A:Disk error trying to boot with USB w/Windows Defender Offline

That means the usb disk was not properly made bootable or the computer is not able to boot from a usb disk.
Would you point me in the direction of the instructions you used so I have a better understanding of tools used?
I would point you toward the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs" for better help at specific removal of viruses but I understand if you would like to proceed in your own direction.  If you do decide to go to that forum please use this post first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502918/disk-error-trying-to-boot-with-usb-wwindows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 75.25%

How many of you techs about know this Malware can render your PC worthless so this is some thing you need to be aware of I'm counting on the good guys to keep our How With Remove Malware Offline to Find Windows and Defender PC's up and running Here's a good guy It's called Windows Defender Offline Here's a link from HTG that will explain all about this I'm recommending having one of these in your desk drawer I welcome your comments as usual Please move this or delete if not appropriate PS I have one in my desk drawer Do you have one in your desk drawer Lets hope you never need it Here's a link from my friend HTG At least give it a look There is a lot of god stuff in this link I don't agree with every thing You be the judge Your comments are always welcome on my threads How to Find and Remove Malware With Windows Defender Offline http www howtogeek com how- dows-defender

A:How to Find and Remove Malware With Windows Defender Offline

or you could also download and save Microsoft malicious software removal tool - in case your defender isn't able to clear the infection http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=toJ6yKGO

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444977-how-find-remove-malware-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 75.25%

So my sister's computer has a severe virus problem (aparrently). So when she comes down sunday I'm going to try to fix it.

I have downloaded Windows Defender Offline and burned to a disk (realized too late it was a DVD-r ), but I'm wondering if it will be good enough. I'm downloading Kapersky rescue disk right now, but it's taking a little while (slow internet here).

My question is: will this be good enough? I intend to run maybe both of these disks, then manually uninstall any crapware and toolbars.

A:Windows Defender offline vs Kapersky Rescue Disk

I'd stick to the Kaspersky Rescue Disk .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/284294-windows-defender-offline-vs-kapersky-rescue-disk.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hp g - b us Win x My Trojan:DOS/Alureon.H and removed I no Win now Defender 7 with Windows Offline girlfriend's laptop had a nasty virus that would make it reboot randomly The longer it was on the more frequent the rebooting would become until it just rebooted after the user password was input I wasn't able to run any antivirus scanners in Windows even safemode would reboot so after doing some checking I saw I removed Trojan:DOS/Alureon.H with Windows Defender Offline and no Win 7 now that Windows Defender Offline could search for viruses through the entire boot process I installed it on a flash drive and ran it It detected Trojan DOS Alureon H and asked if I wanted to fix it Well duh YES After running the fix the laptop rebooted and as soon as the Windows logo shows up it reboots again and again and again - I was able to grab a FRST log and it is attached I asked her and she was ok with me reinstalling windows but she wants to keep her HP garbage that came with it I removed Trojan:DOS/Alureon.H with Windows Defender Offline and no Win 7 now I'm not sure how to do that if it's even possible and I also noticed that even if I reinstall windows whatever's affecting the MBR will probably still be there If someone can help me get this laptop back up and running I will truly be in your debt Thank you

A:I removed Trojan:DOS/Alureon.H with Windows Defender Offline and no Win 7 now

Hello Infectafated I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2010-11-20] (Microsoft Corporation)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491861/i-removed-trojandosalureonh-with-windows-defender-offline-and-no-win-7-now/
Relevancy 75.25%

I've downloaded Windows Defender Offline and booted my XP PC with it twice but it hasn't rid me of Virus DOS Rovnix W The last time Defender removed not Offline virus Rovnix.W being Windows by I tried it I saw this Error code x ec This program is blocked by group policy I can't tell if the message is referring to the virus or to Windows Defender Offline And although the Remove option appeared to clear it up I ran Microsoft Security Essentials which found Virus DOS Rovnix W again as it always Rovnix.W virus not being removed by Windows Defender Offline does with a full scan I Rovnix.W virus not being removed by Windows Defender Offline found nothing regarding Windows Defender Offline in my registry but I didn't look everywhere I have also run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and two downloads from Kaspersky Nothing has worked My goal now is to proceed through a step-by-step process of the type that I've seen here many times in my research I would greatly appreciate any help And let me know if I'm going about this correctly or incorrectly please Thanks SonnyCancun

A:Rovnix.W virus not being removed by Windows Defender Offline

Assuming that you have access to a working PC, one option would be to download the no charge Norton bootable recovery tool

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525878/rovnixw-virus-not-being-removed-by-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently had some problems in my windows. Out of many problems in windows 2 were that windows update was not working and secondly dialogue boxes did not have texts on it.
I ran a quick WDO on windows from Boot and the scan was successful. It found some Malwares and removed it aftet which the above 2 mentioned problems ran away.. But; when I did a full Scan so that problems completly eridate away; BSOD occurred and could not complete the task.. I tried it twice an both the times same thing happened..

So tell me guys what should I do.,,?

Attachment 233017

A:BSOD occurs when running Windows Defender Offline (WDO)

Is McAfee antivirus your antivirus or ESET?
And there are no dumps in the attached zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254242-bsod-occurs-when-running-windows-defender-offline-wdo.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello, 

This is my first post. I recently removed trojan alureon using Windows Defender Offline and ever since I can not boot. I have seen this problem solved on this forum before so I figured I'd give it a try. I already ran a farbar scan and have the output file. I'm not sure what to do from there. Can anyone help? 

A:Can't boot after Alureon removal with Windows Defender Offline

Hope this will be of some help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521362/infected-with-win32-alureon-ev-rtk-or-backdoortids/?hl=%2Balureon#entry3274309
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521726/alureon-removal-causing-start-issue-due-to-updated-driver/page-2?hl=%2Balureon#entry3273472

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525503/cant-boot-after-alureon-removal-with-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 75.25%

I ran a Windows Defender Offline and it removed a Trojan Aleuron and two java viruses.  When I restarted my PC it started up fine but only stayed on for about 30 seconds and then does a restart.  When it restarts it asks me if I want to start in one of the Safe Modes or a regular start.  If I start in a regular start it repeats the shutdown over and over again.  If I start it in Safe Mode it will stay on.  I had to start it in Safe Mode with Network to use my internet.  What do I do to get my PC back running properly.  Thanks for any help I can get

A:PC wont stay on after running Windows Defender Offline

Try to boot it into safe mode and open MSCONFIG go through the startup items and uncheck the unnessecary ones. then try to reboot the computer, and see if it will boot normally. If it boots to normal mode make sure you run a anti virus scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502119/pc-wont-stay-on-after-running-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 75.25%

Results of the Windows Defender Offline Full Scan:

Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!dtc Severe Active Remove
Exploit:Java/CVE-2012-1723.AQT Severe Active Remove
Trojan:Win32/Alureon Severe Active Remove

Providing the above per gregrocker in the General Discussion forum entitled, "Hp laptop startup issues.

A:Results of Windows Defender Offline Full Scan

Hello sbuxman Mate have you actually removed these if not maybe try a scan with either Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware? you may be able to clear those with those apps.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

download the free versions and update scan and remove if they show up.

if you have got these already - sorry!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/264655-results-windows-defender-offline-full-scan.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi First of all let me apologise - I have got in to trouble by trying to remove a virus and looking for a solution on this forum even though I did not check this forum initially for advice on malware removal I have a Windows XP machine which was infected by the Ukash Metropolitan Police ransom-ware I disconnected the machine from its internet connection and ran the off line version of Windows Defender from a USB drive I initially ran it as a quick cursor Windows running after Blinking offline Defender scan and removed what it had identified as malware I then ran a full scan After having run the full scan I was unable to remove the or so pieces of Malware discovered So I thought I would try and re-satert the machine anyway to see if the threat was more manageable On re-booting the machine there were no POST type errors but Windows XP did not load and I am stuck with a blinking cursor in the top left hand corner of the machine Any suggestions about what Blinking cursor after running offline Windows Defender I can do best wishes Mark

A:Blinking cursor after running offline Windows Defender

Hello, and welcome to BleepingComputer! Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473333/blinking-cursor-after-running-offline-windows-defender/
Relevancy 75.25%

How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it on an offline computer - Good morning All Yesterday I created a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool to scan an old XP Notebook that is offline and due to its out of date OS Windows Tool using before How Offline Defender USB to update Scan a it will remain offline Files How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it will be moved to and from my desktop via a USB Drive and I want to make sure the XP machine is totally clean before putting it into operation When I ran the tool and saw it needed updating which I can't do offline I came here for advice Arc gave me Brinks detailed instructions on making and updating the USB Tool quot Note If you run the Windows Defender Offline Tool again on the same USB flash drive and if the following conditions below are met the tool will only download new updated malware definitions approx MB and update the USB drive without reformatting it How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it amp Conditions quot This morning I verified the used space on the USB drive before and after I ran the file lt mssstool exe gt a nd time on the same USB Drive and found the used space increased - MB However running it again on the XP machine I received the same quot Virus and Spyware Definitions Out of Date quot message attached To be sure running the creation tool twice consecutively was not the issue I ran it again more times with no additional changes to the used space And another try on the XP machine gave me the same quot Needs Update quot message Now I am wondering how the XP machine knows the Definitions are out of date - I'm sending my appreciation to all who read this and to those who offer suggestions

A:How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it

You don't need a USB now with Win10, it's built in: Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/52490-how-update-windows-defender-offline-scan-usb-tool-before-using.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings all I currently am using Avast AV on my Win bit machine No known problems I decided to try Problem installing/running Defender Offline Windows out the Windows Defender Offline bit version Downloaded k file and ran which prompted me to insert blank CD and it then downloaded and expanded the files onto the CD All seemed to work fine Next I rebooted from the CD and I got the white bar progress meter along the bottom which said quot Windows is loading files quot Took couple of Problem installing/running Windows Defender Offline minutes One time it made it about through loading Next time it made to where it said starting Windows THEN It appears the video signal to my monitors dies which means computer freezes Screen went to black and I got a couple of Samsung monitor error boxes Analog Digital Analog Digital on the screen which the monitor does when no video feed Then the monitor went into powersaving mode since no feed The computer's hard drive light was flashing once about every two seconds Once I left it for about minutes in this state and it never moved on So ideas Do I need to run MSE as my AV program with Windows defender Bad install Anything else Thanks dbish

A:Problem installing/running Windows Defender Offline

So you had to recover by using the physical power button or Ctrl/Alt/Del?

Bad burn?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/224160-problem-installing-running-windows-defender-offline.html
Relevancy 75.25%

While using Windows Defender Offline (WDO) scans show that it detects some sort of virus. The problem is at the end of scan it doesn't allow me to review or remove the virus. I need Help.

A:Windows defender offline scan results problem

Couple of things that can adversely affect how Windows Defender Offline performs.
1. It's absolutely necessary that the bootable media is created on a malware-free computer. Otherwise, the malware could prevent your PC from downloading the program, burning it correctly to the bootable media, or prevent it from operating as intended.
2. Do not re-use a previously created a CD or DVD.

This tutorial gives some more info about creating and using the bootable WDO media.

Windows Defender Offline

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/259080-windows-defender-offline-scan-results-problem.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there, first time posting here.

I recently helped my father-in-law remove a trojan named alureon using Windows Defender Offline. Immediately after it was removed, Windows 7 would blue screen on the OS load screen and crash.

Two questions:

1) Is the trojan successfully removed from the PC? Using Microsoft Security Essentials scan in Windows Defender Offline indicated a clean computer, but now it won't boot so I'm not sure.

2) How can I fix this issue and get it to boot up?

Thanks.

A:Removed Trojan Alureon with Windows Defender Offline and now OS won't boot

Just realized I posted this into the wrong forum. Sorry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499118/removed-trojan-alureon-with-windows-defender-offline-and-now-os-wont-boot/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there, first time posting here.

I recently helped my father-in-law remove a trojan named alureon using Windows Defender Offline. Immediately after it was removed, Windows 7 would blue screen on the OS load screen and crash.

Two questions:

1) Is the trojan successfully removed from the PC? Using Microsoft Security Essentials scan in Windows Defender Offline indicated a clean computer, but now it won't boot so I'm not sure.

2) How can I fix this issue and get it to boot up?

Thanks.

A:Removed Trojan Alureon with Windows Defender Offline and now OS won't boot

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499119/removed-trojan-alureon-with-windows-defender-offline-and-now-os-wont-boot/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello this morning I learned a laptop we'd just recently bought used but we haven't used it at all yet has had the Trojan Alureon on it I did what MS Security Essentials asked me to do and made a bootable Windows Defender Offline disc and removed it Since then every attempt to boot the PC has it blue screen for a split second then restart The computer will not boot Windows Startup Repair says it cannot repair my computer automatically so I'm at a loss here I've read up on the web about some cases like this but I'm still a little lost on what to do I've read a little bit on this topic here on this very forum and I'm wondering if it's even possible to fix my laptop now Do I need to get FRST logs as far as I can tell I can't get to the desktop to run FRST what next Any help would be appreciated thanks Of course the thread name is the same as that guy's title because he put the problem into words perfectly so I figured Windows Defender won't and now with Offline boot Trojan PC Removed Alureon it'd be best to use a similar one

A:Removed Trojan Alureon with Windows Defender Offline and now PC won't boot

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.  Which windows version is running? Also tell us, if it is 32- or 64bit.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514567/removed-trojan-alureon-with-windows-defender-offline-and-now-pc-wont-boot/
Relevancy 74.39%

Mod Edit Moved to proper forum boopme Hello First off I'd like to thank all of you assisting Your seemingly altruistic efforts are greatly appreciated As the topic title suggests after removing tht FBI monypak virus my system will not Got windows offline, with defender removed Win moneypak boot virus, 7, now cant boot it gets to a white screen and that's it As far as safe mode the only mode I can get into is safe mode with command prompt any other choice safe mode with networking etc the desktop loads and then immediately logs off and Win 7, Got moneypak virus, removed with windows defender offline, now cant boot restarts I downloaded and ran FRST exe here is the log file FYI FRST was run from safe mode and not recovery console Don't know if that matters Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - ATTENTION FRST version is days old Ran by Dean at - - Running from G Service Pack X OS Language English US Attention Could not load system hive The operation completed successfully ATTENTION gt THE TOOL IS NOT RUN FROM RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT AND WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - D C Windows Microsoft Antimalware - - - - - - A C Users Dean AppData Roaming skype ini - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtml dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtml dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW ieframe dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieframe dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW jscript dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System jscript dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtml tlb - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtml tlb - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW iertutil dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System iertutil dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW wininet dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wininet dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW inetcpl cpl - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System inetcpl cpl - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW ieapfltr dat - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieapfltr dat - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW urlmon dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System urlmon dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtmlmedia dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtmlmedia dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW jscript dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System jscript dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW ieapfltr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieapfltr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW vbscript dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System vbscript dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW msfeeds dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System msfeeds dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW ieui dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System ieui dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW html iec - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System html iec - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dxtmsft dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dxtmsft dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW iedkcs dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System iedkcs dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW url dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System url dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dxtrans dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dxtrans dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW webcheck dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System webcheck dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corp... Read more

A:Win 7, Got moneypak virus, removed with windows defender offline, now cant boot

update:

Tried running frst.exe from the recovery console and recieved the following, "the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present."  Same error if I attempt to run superantivirus from the recovery console.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490719/win-7-got-moneypak-virus-removed-with-windows-defender-offline-now-cant-boot/
Relevancy 74.39%

I tried to run Windows Defender Offline bit on a friend's laptop using WDO installed on a USB stick but it refused to scan the Windows Definitions Defender To Manually Update Virus How Offline's disk because it insisted on getting Updates to its definitions before scanning So either the definitions on the USB stick were too old or How To Update Windows Defender Offline's Virus Definitions Manually not present at all or WDO couldn't find them I had not run WDO from that USB stick before But the laptop had just a Wi-Fi connection and WDO doesn't work over Wi-Fi I have successfully used the bit WDO USB stick on my own Desktop without such a problem probably because my Desktop is connected to the Internet via a LAN I checked another thread on this subject on SevenForums here Defender Offline on DVD failed because no internet connection I disagree with the statement by karlsnooks that WDO does not need an Internet connection This was confirmed here defender offline cannot update How To Update Windows Defender Offline's Virus Definitions Manually no internet connection - Microsoft Community However if someone knows how to manually download the virus definitions and copy them to a USB stick I would be very interested I suppose I could download and create another WDO ISO file on my hard drive and see what's in it try to identify the definitions and update the equivalent files on the USB stick but that would be very much trial and error If someone has actually done it please let me know

A:How To Update Windows Defender Offline's Virus Definitions Manually

Read the Link below

Get the latest definitions - Microsoft Malware Protection Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/322299-how-update-windows-defender-offlines-virus-definitions-manually.html
Relevancy 73.53%

This was posted in the win forum but It was suggested to me to move it here sorry for re post windows black screen w cursor after monypak removal offline screen w/ w/windows now monypak black Removed defender cursor Hello Forum Thank you for such a great resource Just a little about myself I repair computers for several companies in my town and have always been quite successful with virus removal even with the monypak However the last two windows PC s that I ve attempted this on I ve received the same results black screen with blinking cursor So apparently there is a new variant of this virus that when removed also removes necessary files windows requires to boot properly Does anyone have experience fixing this I d be very thankful to find a fix for this Removed monypak w/windows defender offline now black screen w/ cursor as I know it will now be Removed monypak w/windows defender offline now black screen w/ cursor the norm for windows and monypak The virus was removed by windows defender offline on both occasions Thanks in advance for any assistance Stivey Thanks again Stivey nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello!

I ran Windows Defender Offline on my firend's Windows XP machine and it removed a couple of viruses (including alureon.a) but when I tried to reboot all I get is a flashing cursor in the top left corner.

From what I have read it looks like it has created an issue in the MBR but I am not skilled, nor confident enough to fix it.

I have seen others with similar issues on here but I am afraid that their solutions were personalized enough that I was not able to duplicate the repairs suggested.

Thanks!

A:Windows Defender Offline Removed alureon.a - No Boot, Flashing Cursor

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer. I am The Dark Knight and will be assisting you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear.  Please try the following. You will need a USB drive.Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso to the Desktop of your clean computer.Insert your USB drive.Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format.Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded.Press Run then OK.It will install a little bootable OS on your USB.After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer.Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer.Boot the Sick computer.Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB.Follow the prompts.A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear.Press File.Expand mnt.sda1,2...usually corres.ponds to your HDD.sdb1 is likely your USB Press Tool at the top. Choose Open Terminal.Type in: dd if=/dev/sda of=MBRbackup.zip bs=512 count=1 and hit Enter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484612/windows-defender-offline-removed-alureona-no-boot-flashing-cursor/
Relevancy 73.53%

This afternoon I used Windows Defender Offline to remove the Aluran Trojan from my laptop. After rebooting, my laptop will not reboot to Windows. I am in a constant loop where I get the BSoD and then it tries to boot again.

I have created a search.txt file and frst.txt log file using Farbar. Can somebody help me figure out what I should use for my fixlist.txt file?

Thanks,
Sage

A:Removed Trojan Aluran with Windows Defender Offline - Computer will not boot now

edit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514175/removed-trojan-aluran-with-windows-defender-offline-computer-will-not-boot-now/
Relevancy 70.09%

Is it Possible to speed up Windows Defender Full Scan? Avast Scans fast on my 8 Core system, and yet Windows Defender takes 3-4 hours minimum on my 8 Core System, with 2tb hard drive, Longer if external drives are connected

Should I just deal with it til I do my clean install prior to Anniversary update later this summer?

A:Speeding Up Windows Defender Scan on Windows 10 Home 64bit

It takes about four hours for Defender to do a deep scan on my three partitions.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/48024-speeding-up-windows-defender-scan-windows-10-home-64bit.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a remote PC set up 1200 miles from my primary residence that I have security cameras attached. I use TeamViewer to log in remotely, and successfully I might add... for the past 4 years (under Windows 7) but after upgrading to Win10 recently, the PC keeps dropping offline and I can't get it to respond. Two weeks ago I was at the remote site and made sure that the remote PC was configured to never sleep and that Windows updates were set to auto re-log in after updates. I get home and boom! yesterday the durn thing goes offline which means I have to travel 1200 miles to touch the mouse so that it will wake up. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68838-windows-10-home-pc-keeps-dropping-offline.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I m not sure if my problem is in fact virus related or not I ve tried to will load Defender not Windows run Defender but I get a dialog box saying Defender is turned off When trying to restart it I get an error of quot Windows Defender will not load Windows defender encountered an error x ba A problem caused this program s service to stop quot I ve tried to uninstall and reinstall however Windows Defender no longer shows in the Uninstall programs list even though it shows in Services Spybot has come back with no errors Not sure if it s related but MsMpEng exe constantly uses excessive CPU The Hijackthis log is below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Driver and Utility RtWLan exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Trillian trillian exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files x Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C Windows system atiesrxx exe file missing O - Service ASP NET State Service aspnet state - Unknown owner - C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet state exe file missing O - Service dfsrres dll - DFSR - Unknown owner - C Windows system DFSR exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C Windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system psbase d... Read more

A:Windows Defender will not load

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. Please take note: If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues. If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER log Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389317/windows-defender-will-not-load/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have done image from physical computer with the help of Ghost Then I applied this image to virtual HDD my OS is - Windows Enterprise Then I fix boot with the help of -start up recovery- option of installation disk of Windows professional Windows start booting into controller Windows or manually (SATA SCSI) drivers to offline or HDD IDE How 7 load but then crashes with error quot x b quot So I want to load drivers of virtual SCSI controller with help of Windows recovery console or ERD commander or other utilities Please help me to find right VMware drivers for Windows Enterprise and load it to offline Windows Enterprise I do not want to make Windows reinstallation repair with help of installation disk it will destroy some bugs that I want to keep unattached I do not want to use automatic physical to virtual conversion tools don't ask why I just How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 want to preload necassary drivers with How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 the help of recovery console or ERD commander or other utilities P S May be I should install Windows Enterprise on new Virtual machine and then export drivers with this tools http How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 sourceforge net projects drvback http www boozet org dd htm But what exactly to export and how to load it to offline system Thank you for your answers and help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a7f77561-9fda-4cc5-ad45-edaf77484ae7/how-to-manually-load-hdd-controller-sata-or-ide-or-scsi-drivers-into-offline-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi
i have a sony FZ21S laptop, beautiful machine it is only broken down 6 times due to the graphics card.

Well in short, i havent got the disc for the OS *Vista home premuim*. I have looked in many shops here in Vietnam and cant seem to get a copy of the OS. I have all the keys as they are on the under side of the laptop. Can anyone assist?????

I would like to re-instate the original OS in a hope that i will have less problems, unless any of you people have a better solution.

Cheers

Andrew

Relevancy 68.37%

I am having a couple issues with my operating system Hopefully you guys can help My son oses another account and mostly for games and downloads we are not always sure what recently whenever we open IE the system will ask if we want to continue working off line we have to go the tools button and uncheck work offline This is a worry and I am wondering if there are any registry issues Here are Solved: premium working offline home windows the posts you wanted When I ran GMER it said that nothing was altered DS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Debbie at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV GFI Software VIPRE Enabled Updated B C - FA - B - F - F D SP GFI Software VIPRE Enabled Updated FF AA - E- -B B - E BD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW GFI Software VIPRE Enabled C C E - CB- A E-A -CC DD F B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Solved: windows home premium working offline Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBPIMSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBAMSvc exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users nickl AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Users nickl AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Marketsplash by HP HPLocalWebPrintAgent exe C Program Files x ACT Act for Windows Act Outlook Sync exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x ACT Act for Windows Act Outlook Service exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies AT... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Since Home doesn't have Group Policy (the standard way to turn on Windows Defender),
I tried the registry hack offered by Windows 10 Forums.

It didn't turn on Windows Defender either.

Can Windows Defender be turned on in Windows 10 Home?

A:Can Windows Defender be turned on in Windows 10 Home?

If you have one of the following AV programs installed, Windows defender will be turned off automatically. Can't turn it on if one of those is installed.
Avast
AVG
Norton
McAfee.

P.S. I am out of date on this subject. It is possible one of the above programs will co-exist with Windows Defender now.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/40256-can-windows-defender-turned-windows-10-home.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone Thanks in advance for any help Possible Vista: in Infection? Windows Defender Load Won't you can offer Briefly I just bought a new Dell Studio T on Monday Core i Mhz Vista Home Premium -bit GB Ram GB HDD and installed all of my software from my old computer My Micrografx Picture Publisher best photo editor ever wouldn't install being a -bit program So I looked for the last version made It was version released in I couldn't find it for sale but I did find a full copy on Pirate Bay I downloaded it and installed it on my computer That's when the problems started The program would start up and instantly shut down When I re-booted my Windows Windows Defender Won't Load in Vista: Possible Infection? Defender wouldn't start I got the following message quot Application failed to initialize x ba A problem caused this program's service to stop To start the service restart your computer or search Help and Support for how Windows Defender Won't Load in Vista: Possible Infection? to start a service manually quot I found this post http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html from a couple months ago which seems to be the same problem but I'm only having the Defender problem right now Also my new computer suddenly couldn't see my old computer on my network Windows Defender Won't Load in Vista: Possible Infection? but I've fixed that and I couldn't access Add Remove Programs from the security center I'm pretty sure it is some type of malware from the PP download I did a system restore from earlier in the day and everything was fine and back to normal Windows Defender was working and I could access everything in my security center Then I re-booted and the problem returned So that's what tells me it's a program or file which re-installs or comes back when you try to remove it It should be a pretty straight-forward fix since I've only had the computer for days now and there's not that much garbage on it yet Here is my HJT Logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exeC Program Files x Dell DellComms bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files x Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exeC Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files x Safari Safari exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www infowars com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Com... Read more

A:Windows Defender Won't Load in Vista: Possible Infection?

Hello Kevin in Chicago and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238328/windows-defender-wont-load-in-vista-possible-infection/
Relevancy 67.51%

Computer Specs Hp DV - dx Windows Bit Ultimate Intel Core Duo Ghz processor Gb Ram Hey guys thanks a lot for strolling through I truly appreciate it and hope with everyones assistance this issue will get resolved So here's my issue have I've found that everytime I have allowed windows update to install anything that has had to do with security following the updates I have always run into the BSOD resulting in restoring my computer to an earlier date Well Offline" with Defender Bootable error "Windows 0x code utility Problem this time things are a bit different Whenever my computer has seemed to start to choke up and really begins to lag from things as simple as maximizing a minimized window and it taking about seconds for it to do so the BSOD is coming Heres an example of one Ill be honest with you guys I dont know how to interpret what the cause of it is nor do I know where people find it event viewer logs but surprisingly I've worked on computers all my life really So heres the issue Computer completely froze up on me this time cursor wouldn't react nothing BSOD then I found myself in A continuous looping failure Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x of Windows Start up Repair unable to actually load windows Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x I tried repairing the device by booting off my windows disk and this is the error I keep getting by the way let me add that theres no restore point of course right so that wasn't an option Now if im not mistaken that will be translated further in my logs file Ive honestly really never known how to go about checking but always have seen people pasting a huge report of there BSOD's on here for people to examine and I dont know how to find that info I dont mind being honest here Anyhow I looked it up and found here on the forum the quot Windows Defender offline quot utility which I made on another laptop running windows bit as well putting it onto a USB flash drive which it updated and all this time booting off of the flash drive and this is what I had in front of me just to confirm Thinking things were going to go well then this error screen pops up error x Which then restarts the computer I looked it up and honestly was overwhelmed with so many things that I couldn't do such as sfc scannow which didnt work because the only time I am able to open up command prompt is when I were to place the windows cd in and go into repair which in command prompt tells me it cannot perform the scan because there is a Windows repair in progress Restart the computer and try again I dont know what to do guys but honestly my life is on this hard drive and I cannot I cant lose all of my stuff GOOD NEWS IS I think I removed the hard drive and plugged it into my Drive Mate and im able to access all the files I put as much of what I could onto an external HD in case things turn for the worst But im hoping by having access to all the folders as if I were able to load windows maybe with your guys assistance I could rid the issue thats causing this all Please Again thanks for reading through this and sticking through it with me I am confident that whatever questions you may have I can answer even if I have to look up how to get them so please if there is anything further that I have left out or anyone may need to assist me fire away please It would mean the world to me honestly for mine is on this hard drive Thanks so much

A:Problem with Bootable "Windows Defender Offline" utility error code 0x

no one?? :/
how about if I just delete the boot folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/364890-problem-bootable-windows-defender-offline-utility-error-code-0x.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys my Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus on 12/28/2015 the virus is called Registry Keys: 2Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [9bde31124b3fcf67160c05712fd509f7],
Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [8ced152e4a40989eeb370472f311a15f],

and its already on quarantine do i need to do more stuff to it to get a rid of virus or my Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim has take care of virus? because my windows defender is not working..

A:Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software
Scan Date: 12/28/2015
Scan Time: 9:00:15 PM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes
Version: 2.01.6.1022
Malware Database: v2015.03.09.05
Rootkit Database: v2015.02.25.01
License: Trial
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: AmirAcle
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 343845
Time Elapsed: 2 min, 28 sec
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled
Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Modules: 0
Registry Keys: 2
Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [9bde31124b3fcf67160c05712fd509f7],
Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [8ced152e4a40989eeb370472f311a15f],
Registry Values: 0
Registry Data: 0
Folders: 0
Files: 0
Physical Sectors: 0

(end)
AFTER THAT I DID ANOTHER SCAN AND IT WAS CLEAN

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/35557-malwarebytes-anti-malware-home-premuim-found-virus.html
Relevancy 66.65%

DescriptionAll Trojan Manager won't / Windows load Rogue PC / Task Defender of Rogue Windows PC Defender / Trojan / Task Manager won't load a sudden getting pop ups reporting PC Defender can't open Task Manager and I can't install Symantek Endpoint Protection SUPERAntiSpywareAbout items Including Rogue PC Defender and Trojans cookiesDDS ReportDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Windows PC Defender On-access scanning enabled Updated A -DD - C -A - D B B FW Windows PC Defender enabled CA C C- - C - B -B CA C A Running Processes C Rogue Windows PC Defender / Trojan / Task Manager won't load WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Rogue Windows PC Defender / Trojan / Task Manager won't load Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System mshta exeC WINDOWS System mshta exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp Rar EX RootRepeal exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE AEG VFFS dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-inc amp channel usuSearch Bar uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-inc amp channel usBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO Browser Helper Object afd ad - c - db-a -fbe a c - c program files shared lib dllBHO b d a-ca - d - c - d c d - c docume katiek locals temp B dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No FileEB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dlluRun ModemOnHold c program files netwaiting netWaiting exeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeuRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil b exemRun HP Component Manager quot c program files hp hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot mRun HPDJ Taskbar Utility c windows system spool drivers w x hpztsb exemRun HP Software Update quot c program files hewlett-packard hp software update HPWuSchd exe quot mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files java jre bin jusched exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exemRun igfxpers c windows syst... Read more

A:Rogue Windows PC Defender / Trojan / Task Manager won't load

I just finished a Spyware Scan and it removed those 500 files... and I tried to install Symantec and it still errored. Task Manager still will not come up.New DDS ReportDDS (Ver_09-09-24.01) - NTFSx86 Run by Administrator at 22:02:36.57 on Sat 09/26/2009Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1014.495 [GMT -4:00]AV: Windows PC Defender *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {773702A3-DD44-4C84-A228-0500D3B832B6}FW: Windows PC Defender *enabled* {CA2C067C-8475-42C7-8B52-B74CA6C472A9}============== Running Processes ===============C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcssvchost.exesvchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXEC:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exesvchost.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXEC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\Mixer\CTSVolFE.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exeC:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exeC:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXEC:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exeC:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exesvchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\RootRepeal.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\dds.scr============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-inc&channel=usuSearch Bar = uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-inc&channel=usBHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper: {02478d38-c3f9-4efb-9b51-7695eca05670} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dllBHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 6.0\reader\activex\AcroIEHelper.dllBHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper: {72853161-30c5-4d22-b7f9-0bbc1d38a37e} - c:\progra~1\micros~4\office12\GRA8E1~1.DLLTB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dllTB: {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - No FileEB: Real.com: {fe54fa40-d68c-11d2-98fa-00c0f0318afe} - c:\windows\system32\Shdocvw.dlluRun: [ModemOnHold] c:\program files\netwaiting\netWaiting.exeuRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exeuRun: [SUPERAntiSpyware] c:\program files\superantispyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exemRun: [HP Component Manager] "c:\program files\hp&#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260532/rogue-windows-pc-defender-trojan-task-manager-wont-load/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have recently installed vista home premium upgrade to my HP pavilion.I am impressed so far but I am not sure about Defender . Should I let it run with Norton antivirus 2008. This new upgrade has turned my PC into a brand new machine with a performance of 4.7 (memory, everything else got a 5.9).I am not sure what all this means and I am not tryin to go back to the poor performance I had before the clean install .... .So If anyone could give me there opinion on this defender software and any other microsoft aplications that I might want to give attention to I would greatly apreciate it Thank You

A:Windows defender -Vista home premium

windows defender is for spyware. you should be able to run them both at the same time without any conflicts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-defender-vista-home-premium-222474.html
Relevancy 64.93%

A few days ago I was using Microsoft office and watching a program on ITV 1555 Random Home Studio Inside Premuim 7 Beeping Dell Sudden Widows player when my laptop suddenly started beeping at me randomly and shock player crashed I couldn t do anything as it froze entirely so Sudden Random Beeping Inside Dell Studio 1555 Widows 7 Home Premuim I switched it off and then turned it back on but only received the same beeping and it wouldn t load properly it remained frozen on the original Dell load up screen for at least minutes When it finally moved on and the beeping stopped i recieved the error message Broadcom UNDI PXE - v Copyright C - Broadcom Corporation Copyright C - Intel Corporation All rights reserved PXE - E Media test failure check cable PXE - M F Existing Broadcom PXE ROM Operating System not found So when I opened the back of the laptop I removed Sudden Random Beeping Inside Dell Studio 1555 Widows 7 Home Premuim the hard drive gave it another switch on and the beeping stopped so I can only assume that the hard drive is the problem After inserting it and rebooting the beeping started up again and i kept receiving same above message I tried to count the beeps and got to around before it stopped each uniformly about half a second apart Im at a loss as to what to do now and would really appreciate any ideas Even inserting my widows disk did not help as no drivers could be found when I tried a clean install Thanks nbsp

A:Sudden Random Beeping Inside Dell Studio 1555 Widows 7 Home Premuim

Sounds like your hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. Did you have a backup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-random-beeping-inside-dell-studio-1555-widows-7-home-premuim.1073810/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have tried to load windows XP Home edition onto my hard drive and it keeps stopping at the Starting Windows Setup stage and it will not load the complete programme. Can any one advise me.

Set up is :
Motherboard is a Foxconn CK804M01-6KS
Hard Drive Seagate U6 Model ST340810DA 40g Ultra ATA IDE.

Cable setup is motherboard, Blue connection, Grey Connector to IDE Drive and Black Connector to CD-ROM Drive which I believe is the proper connections.
Please can anyone help,
Regards
David

Relevancy 63.21%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows update error code or unable Defender Windows Defender 10 denied: Windows update access to to Code because Windows Defender will not update Windows Defender from program error code Code x b timeout period expired Windows Defender access denied: unable to update Defender or to Windows 10 Windows Defender Network successfully able to start Windows Defender access denied: unable to update Defender or to Windows 10 in services msc Windows Defender Service error code Code x access denied I am unable to update windows defender or upgrade to windows because of it I have no other third party malware protection installed and am unable to start windows defender from the program the program opens but will not start and am unable to change anything else such as settings I have used services msc to try and start it from there and have had no luck but the windows defender network seems to start and work ok YES windows defender service is set to AUTOMATIC I have removed all malware detected by the full paid version of malwarebytes anti malware before uninstalling it only trainers for darksouls I have used regedit to remove all conflicting registry errors there were none also windows defender does not even show up in HKEYLOCAL MACHINE under microsoft I have used administrator command promt to run sfc scannow no change a few errors popped up but it said it couldn't get rid of them all This is about all i can remember that i have tried I'm sure there was more i can't think of right now nothing has helped one bit

A:Windows Defender access denied: unable to update Defender or to Windows 10

Are you running an antivirus other than Windows Defender?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586599/windows-defender-access-denied-unable-to-update-defender-or-to-windows-10/
Relevancy 62.35%

I m working on a friends computer amp now it will not load windows amp keeps rebooting When I started on her computer I was trying to get all of the updates downloaded amp installed Quite a few times the computer shut off on it s own without any warning Then Load Home, Won't Windows Xp I downloaded a virus scan amp was able to get all of the updates for it amp ran a scan No virus a few adware amp that s as far as I got Turned the computer on the next day amp it windows never Xp Home, Windows Won't Load came up Tried the safe mode then tried F to do a restore but neither one worked In the F for safe mode I tried all options amp Xp Home, Windows Won't Load windows still wouldn t load I also tried to load from disk amp it was loading then I do believe it froze Also hit DEL for steup but didn t do anything there because I didn t know what I should do Any help will be greatly appreciated I did tell my friend that I do think she was ripped of when buying this computer as it has never worked right to begin with

A:Xp Home, Windows Won't Load

It sound like a memory issue to me. Try running one of the two following programs to testyour RAM..1) Memtest86 "A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic"2) MicroSoft's Memory TestI prefer the first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50535/xp-home-windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi - we have two identical Compaq Presarios S UK desktops - one of them has been causing a will at NOT load Windows all XP Home problems over the last couple of weeks in that the hour glass is on the screen all the time I cannot get rid of it Then all of a sudden a few days ago when it is was switched on Windows XP Home will not load the screen just goes black I have tried the fault finding suggestions on the Compaq website but it has not helped unplugged all peripherals etc If Windows XP Home will NOT load at all you press F and get the screen offering to start safe mode start windows normally etc and all the other variations but no matter which options I take the screen goes black and stays that way I cannot get into bios or any other screen I do Windows XP Home will NOT load at all not want to run the recovery option as this particular PC is my Windows XP Home will NOT load at all partners and there a lot of very sensitive and sentimental photos on there or her late mother Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows XP Home will NOT load at all

Well first thing to determine is if the hard drive is good or not, and if so recover the data. There are lots of ways to do this, but the easiest is to pull the HD out of the bad machine, and install it as a secondary (or "slave") drive on another.

Do you think you could do this ?

Once the data is safely recovered, then we can try to figure out what's wrong. The reason for the data recovery first option is because it's possible the hard drive is in process of moving to permanent failure, if it is not already there. Sometimes HD's go bad "instantly", and sometimes it takes some time before they finally fail. If your situation is "B", you do not want to waste what little functionality the HD may have, messing around with trying to fix a HD that is doomed. So, get the data off first.

First question, is the hard drive a SATA or IDE ? Is the data cable (not power) running from it wide or skinny ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-home-will-not-load-at-all-521971.html
Relevancy 61.49%

running not will xp edition load windows home windows xp home edition that is current with updates it is a couple windows xp home edition will not load years old hp presario desktop with k memory was working basically ok except I suspected a virus did some scans and spycatcher did catch some suspected files to delete recommended action machine would not shut down so I pulled power cord as last resort machine would boot up but I could not start any programs from desktop or start list finally got norton utilities to start and started the one button checkup thinking it might find and windows xp home edition will not load fix the problem after some time got the message to uninstall and re install norton attempted to get to control panel to do that and nothing would happen IE could not launch the program could not shut down the machine normally and pulled the power cord hit f button and elected to start in safe mode thinking I could get to a system restore point it starts up loading but all I get is a screen full of lines showing various drivers being loaded when screen gets full machine does not do anything and locks down I am baffled at this time and am now on the internet via my laptop any ideas would be appreciated dave reid nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Windows 7 home premium stop loading normally after i erroneously click on a link in an email. I ran   Malawarebytes, found 1 threat but it's still not loading normally. It only loads in Safe Mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mill.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium will not load normally

More info is needed to help you MaaD,

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Other Services

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521495/windows-7-home-premium-will-not-load-normally/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am running Windows XP home on my other system and everything was working fine until I tried to log on tonight and now I get a message that says "lsass.exe - system error - object name not found".

I have tried to log on in safe mode and to run from the last successful configuration but neither have worked. I do not have a system restore CD.

Help!

A:Windows XP Home will not load and I do not have a restore CD

You may have the sasser worm.....these links may help http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20985875.html

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/28079/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-home-will-not-load-and-i-do-not-have-a-restore-cd.59240/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have tried and tried to load Service pack two on this laptop but it says basically that it can t find it I tried loading it through windows updates and it fails tried to download the bit SP onto a flashdrive and it fails says it can t be found tried downloading it straight to the computer it self and it downloads but when you run it says it can t find it when you click on the accept button The reason I want to load it is this guy has a blackberry which I no nothing about but has a blackberry disk for desktop load windows SP2 vista home 64 bit-won't tools he wants loaded it wouldn t load for him and I can get all the way through it except when you start to acually load the software says something like can t find this device Anyone no why it won t take windows vista home 64 bit-won't load SP2 SP Just tried again downloaded from flash drive to laptop I loaded it on the flashdrive this morning from my desktop I copied it to the desktop of the laptop from the flashdrive I started it and it goes to the license I accept it and then the error pops up right away it says element not found ERROR NOT FOUND x that is what it says no matter how I try to install it from the flashdrive or downloading it right to the laptop from the internet or windows updates doesn t matter I get this message can you help nbsp

A:windows vista home 64 bit-won't load SP2

Run this tool, then try again

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Run SFC, then try again
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html

Other suggestions
http://windowsfixup.com/2009/05/windows-vista-sp2-wont-install-fixes/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-64-bit-wont-load-sp2.915323/
Relevancy 61.49%

My wife s friend said that here nephew screwed up here computer and Home Load Won't Windows Edition now Windows won t load I have the computer right now and the error I get when I power Windows Home Edition Won't Load up is Windows could Windows Home Edition Won't Load not start because the following file is Windows Home Edition Won't Load missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file I ve tried the F method during boot up but nothing works to load the Windows She also told my wife amp I that she had Windows but during the boot process and trying to load the last known configuration it only displays Windows XP Home Edition So I ll assume she has what it displays I have a few versions of Windows but none of them are an XP Home I have XP Pro s Corp s swould any of those discs work orWould this work I download or find the file needed then attach attach it as a slave to my computer copy the hal dll file to the directory then hook hers back up and try to load Windows hmmmmm thinking out loud I m open for suggestions Oh and in case you re wondering she sent her year old newphew back to Atlanta GA a few days ago Thanks in advance for all your help Update Info I tried this command in the Recovery section with one of my XP Pro cd s in the drive expand d i hal dl c windows system hal dllbut I get an Access Denied message Is that because she has a password on her computer

A:Windows Home Edition Won't Load

Hi Walkman, have a look at this link about half way down the page. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83952/windows-home-edition-wont-load/
Relevancy 61.49%

I bought a brand new hard drive and installed it.i have a full install copy of XP Home edition,but when i get to the point were it asks you to either install or repair.the screen tells me that it can not find any hard drives in my system?The drive shows up at the boot screen and in the bios setup?I am totally confused here.I have built quite a few computers and never had this problem?

Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I reinstalled Windows XP home SP2 and now I can't load any printer driver unless it came on a disk. I'm trying to install an HP Deskjet 812c through USB. Part way through driver installation I get the message "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed." I've tried various other print drivers and get the same message. My Canon i560 installed without issue from the disk.

Any suggestions? It's making me CRAZY!

A:Windows XP Home won't load ANY print drivers

I need to reformat my sony vaio pc. I have the cd's - does anyone know where I need to begin? I put the 1st CD in and nothing is prompting me???????? Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-home-wont-load-any-print-drivers-186457.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Have formatted the HD and cleaned it. When trying to load OS I am told there is no memory and no hard drive. What is my next step? New HD, mobo, RAM, what?

A:Unable to load Windows 7 Premium Home 64 bit

Hello charlietuna 56 , Welcome to the Forums : look at step 7 and on .. to see if that may help you : Windows 7 Installation Failure - Overcome

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/338496-unable-load-windows-7-premium-home-64-bit.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I bought a used computer which was loaded with Windows 98. Because I have Windows XP on the computer (which I own) at my office, I wanted to load XP on the used computer for use at home. The new (used) computer has a Pentium III 450 processor, 128 mb ram. I began loading the program and left the computer alone for a half hour or so. When I returned, the screen read, in the upper right hand corner, in plain white print, "Welcome to Setup." The only response I can get is if I press Enter and the screen reads, this time in the center of the page and still in plain white letters, "Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM." No matter what I do that won't change. If I turn the computer off and re-start it I get the same result. Help! Have I destroyed this computer? What do I do now?

Relevancy 61.06%

On booting up my Windows XP Home does not load past the quot Welcome quot page In other words it only boots up to my user account icons When I press any of my user account icons it then loads the usual quot Welcome quot page with your personal user icon and doesn t load any further load page not past Welcome XP Windows does Home just sitting on that page If I do a Control Alt Delete next to the account user icon it says quot Windows XP Home does not load past Welcome page loading your personal settings quot but nothing loads it just stays on that quot Welcome quot page This is a problem because I can t get into any of my files tools etc to do Windows XP Home does not load past Welcome page anything about it In other words I appear to be locked out I am thinking it may be a virus worm etc because my McAfee Security anti-virus is way out of date but I Windows XP Home does not load past Welcome page regularly clean up with Adaware and other windows devices My G hard drive has about free space I take it I can t even reformat or save any files that I need I pressed F got the black screen scrolled up to quot Safe Mode quot pressed enter A list of files started loading up it then goes to the coloured Windows user account screen I choose quot Administrator quot icon it goes to a black screen with quot safe mode quot written in all four screen corners with one line at top reading quot Microsoft R Windows XP R Build xpsp-sp Service Pack but nothing further comes up I pressed enter nothing happns I pressed F nothing happens I did control alt delete and the windows quot Task Manager quot box comes on screen with these headings Application-Processors-Performance --Networking-Users One interesting thing is that my CPU usage under performance continually reads Also there are approx processes running in particular explorer exe CPU and svchost exe CPU So where do I go from here can t understand the CPU usage nbsp