Windows Support Forum

Disable Windows 7 firewall service

Q: Disable Windows 7 firewall service

Hi

I am using a third party firewall and would like to know if I can disable windows 7 firewall?

I notice some problem when I do turn it off though..

I can't use a remote access program, when I disable it...

I use an app called Splashtop for streaming my desktop to my tablet etc..

for some reason it would still use the port rules in windows 7 firewall even though it is disable?

How can I disable windows 7 firewall and still allow the remote access program to work?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Disable Windows 7 firewall service

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Disable Windows 7 firewall service

Hi!

Perhaps you could go to windows firewall (in control panel) and click..restore defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/334194-disable-windows-7-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Quick question - I use Comodo firewall free edition as I like the functionality and interface. Should I disable Windows firewall since I have Comodo running? If so, how do I do that?

A:Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall?

Originally Posted by rivre

Quick question - I use Comodo firewall free edition as I like the functionality and interface. Should I disable Windows firewall since I have Comodo running? If so, how do I do that?

Here you are...as shown....disable Windows firewall advised.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/66137-disable-windows-firewall-when-running-3rd-party-firewall.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Split from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -firewall-error-code- x -windows-firewall-service-missing OB Can u help me please Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Anda administrator Error Missing Split WIndows Firewall Code 0x80070424 from: 7 Windows Firewall Service on - - at Running from C Users Anda Desktop Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of bfe service is OK Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing The ImagePath of bfe service is OK The ServiceDll of bfe service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is le... Read more

A:Split from: WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters
Check Loaded Modules and Detect TDLFS file system. Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now
Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to runIf threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue
Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your replyDue to forum upgrade you may face issues posting the TDSSkiller log.Just last few lines of log is sufficient===================================================RKILLPlease download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another.) and save it to your desktop:Link 1Link 2In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.===================================================ESET Online ScannerI'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply. Note: If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button===================================================Junkware Removal Tool by thisisuPlease download Junkware Removal ToolDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator (Windows XP double click the icon)Please allow the program time to runOnce completed a Notepad document will open on your desktopCopy and paste the contents in your reply.Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logRKILL logESET logJunkware removal tool log 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490867/split-from-windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 64.5%

Recently had a virus infection and noticed that the windows firewall service is missing. When trying to reset to recommended settings by using control panel received error code 0x80070424. Cannot access other computers or shared files/folders on home network. Saw a previous post dated 12-17 that appears to be the same problem.

A:WIndows 7 Firewall Error Code 0x80070424 Windows Firewall Service Missing

Welcome aboard Had the infection been cleaned since?Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436093/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey BC community Note I have never had a problem like this before it has just well Removed being as Firewall code: as 0x80070424 Firewall 7 Service Windows error started this Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed week I play maplestory and this program detected something wrong with my firewall So I proceeded to my security settings and attempted to edit my firewall settings turn it on off and then this error code popped up So I tried to edit the other settings and the same error code came up each time After that came up SEVERAL TIMES I went to a microsoft and other forums to search for help They told me to go to this window And said to go to Windows firewall and do something with it but it s not there to do anything to I really have NO IDEA what to do It isn t effecting me that much but when i start my Maplestory file up to reinstall it it closes and it says this Install Start User Temp Directory C Users Devin AppData Local Temp Use CRC false File Name C Users Devin Desktop MSSetupv exe Game Code Cannot Regitster Firewall C ProgramData NexonUS NGM NGM exe Nexon Game Manager ErrCode - - Install Path C Nexon MapleStoryI have downloaded microsoft anti virus things and they quot cleaned up quot my computer but it still hasn t changed anything Help Sincerely Devin

A:Windows 7 Firewall error code: 0x80070424 as well as Firewall Service being Removed

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449365/windows-7-firewall-error-code-0x80070424-as-well-as-firewall-service-being-removed/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been dealin with this days now and went through all the steps recommended by Microsoft even downloaded Virtual tech for mcafee and FIx it for MS none worked went to google to try to follow other advises and tried to do malware removal after it i followed these steps Download both the registry files bfe reg firewall reg Launch and import them to registry Restart your PC Now open RUN and type regedit and click ok go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services BFE Right click on it-permissions Click on ADD and type Everyone and click ok Now Click on Everyone Below you have permission for users Select full control and click ok Now open RUN and type services msc and click ok start base filtering engine service and then windows firewall service gt gt gt upon tryng to start service on base filtering and windows firewall it gave the ff errors gt gt gt please see attached screen shot wat to do now help please

A:Windows Personal Firewall service and Mcafee firewall not turning on

Hello achienina What Anti-virus program are you running?
Have you done an in-depth scan, and did it find any malware?

EDIT... oops, Windows Firewall needs to be disabled in Services in order for McAfee's firewall to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/264057-windows-personal-firewall-service-mcafee-firewall-not-turning.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I was trying to clean up my computer a little by running some scans spybot ewido bitdefender adaware They all went fine but when I rebooted my windows firewall Disable Windows Can't Firewall had been enabled I've been using Kerio for a while now and it won't give me the option of disabling it as it's greyed and has some nonsense about a group policy I've read similar threads on the bleepingcomputer before but don't want to attempt to fix it myself as I will surely screw it up Any help would be fantastic you guys already saved my butt once Thank you CoryP S Also noticed I have a second network connection setup now which I don't believe was present before Just thought I'd mention it Can't Disable Windows Firewall Logfile of HijackThis Can't Disable Windows Firewall v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf ss exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf gui exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system WgaTray exeC Program Files GigaByte VGA Utility Manager G-VGA exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf gui exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Can't Disable Windows Firewall Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Security HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p ER amp ar homeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msgr en-us en-ca msntb dllO - HKLM Run NVRTCLK C WINDOWS System NVRTCLK NVRTClk exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run VGAUtil C Program Files GigaByte VGA Utility Manager G-VGA exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS sys... Read more

A:Can't Disable Windows Firewall

Hi cjgillma,

If you still need help post a fresh HijackThis log using the Add Reply button and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Are you still having the same complaints about Windows Firewall?

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62576/cant-disable-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 59.77%

This may seem like a stupid question, but for some reason I cannot disable my windows firewall. I believe the firewall may be the problem with why this one computer on the network cannot be accessed. However, when I go to try and disable the firewall, I cannot as the option to disable it is grayed out. At the top it says "For your security, some settings are controlled by Group Policy."

Any ideas as to what I can do? I've never seen this before on any computer.

A:Windows XP Firewall Won't Disable

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-firewall-wont-disable-127206.html
Relevancy 59.77%

should i disable windows 7 firewall when installing kespersky anti-virus? thanks

A:should i disable windows 7 firewall ?

It will be disabled Kaspersky Internet Security 2014

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/335778-should-i-disable-windows-7-firewall.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I can't remember why I disabled my windows firewall, but now i'm having a few doubts with my decision. I haven't had any viruses or security leaks for a very long time. I've used a couple of anti-viruses and firewalls, but the ones i'm sticking with are: comodo and Nod32.

so, basically, what are the pros and cons of disabling windows firewall and are there any real risks, if i'm using a third party firewall anyways..

summer is near

A:should I disable windows firewall

Hello nelswanio,

Welcome to the forums.

It is not a good idea to run 2 firewalls. They may cause problems. I have noticed that if my 3rd party firewall is on, then the windows firewall turns itself off. If I turn off the 3rd party firewall, windows firewall will automatically be turned on. As long as one good firewall is running you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.
Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/143157-should-i-disable-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 59.77%

As the topic implies, should I disable windows firewall coz I already have the router firewall? I mean having 2 firewalls might slowdown my connection or something. Need advice.

A:Should I disable windows 7 firewall

How comfortable are you with your router's firewall? What kind of router is it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350745/should-i-disable-windows-7-firewall/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently stumbled upon a lot of viruses and spyware and maleware. My computer was pretty much a lump of trash. I have had to reset almost everything. I noticed that the windows firewall is on. This is not good bc I use etrust firewall. I tried to simply turn it off but the button for on and off are greyed out. Is there any other way to manually disable it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hiya There is a flaw in the Winsock Proxy service in Microsoft Proxy Server and the Microsoft Firewall service in ISA Server that would allow an attacker on the internal network to send a specially crafted packet that would cause the server to stop responding to internal and external requests Receipt of such a packet would cause Denial Service Service Cause Can ISA Winsock Service Firewall Of In Flaw Proxy And CPU utilization on the server to reach and thus make the server unresponsive The Winsock Proxy service and Microsoft Firewall service work with FTP telnet mail Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service news Internet Relay Chat IRC or other client applications that are compatible with Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service Windows Sockets Winsock These services allow these applications to perform as if they were directly connected to the Internet These services redirect the necessary communications functions to a Proxy Server or ISA Server computer thus establishing a communication path from the internal application to the Internet through it Maximum Severity Rating Important Affected Software Microsoft Proxy Server Microsoft ISA Server Download locations for this patch Proxy Server http microsoft com downloads deta B - FB- EB-BAFD- A D E amp displaylang en ISA Server English http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang en French http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang fr German http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang de Spanish http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang es Japanese http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang ja http www microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin MS - asp Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flaw-in-winsock-proxy-service-and-isa-firewall-service-can-cause-denial-of-service.128151/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am missing my Windows Firewall and my Windows Firewall Service.

I ran a scan using Superantispyware and it came up clean.
Apparently it wasn't a virus that caused the problem.

But I need help getting my Windows Firewall and Service back.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

I got the below error message when trying to open Windows Firewall:

Error Code 0x800070424

A:I am missing my Windows Firewall and my Windows Firewall Service.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Please close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with OK.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.===Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr <- not recommended if you use Chrome to download this .scr file. Use the other options.DDS.pifDDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.Please post the logs for my review. Please let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468341/i-am-missing-my-windows-firewall-and-my-windows-firewall-service/
Relevancy 58.91%

I cannot disable or enable my Windows Firewall. It doesn't make any sense! I am useing an Administrator Account and I am useing a Router and a Modem.

This image shows what the screen looks like trying to switch my Firewall:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9779/thejd9.png

HELP!

A:I Cant Enable Or Disable My Windows Firewall!

Geek49, you have just posted multiple threads within the last hour, it seems your system is in need of some help and we will try to help you. But, we cannot possibly keep track of all your issues unless they are in 1 thread. It makes it so much easier to help you.

Plz follow my instruction on the 5 step thread to removing malware.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-enable-or-disable-my-windows-firewall-111009.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I want to speed up my computer, so I found that when I disable some services from service.msc it will kind of speed it up, so can I disable windows firewall when I have avast, is avast an alternative for it.

Thanks.

A:Can I disable windows firewall when I have Avast

I would say if Avast didn't turn it off automatically then keep it running. Also, not all versions of Avast contain a firewall as far as I know. Which version are you running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/373799-can-i-disable-windows-firewall-when-i-have-avast.html
Relevancy 58.91%

OK At the most randomest times, windows firewall will come on when it tell it to turn off, and sometimes I will be playing a game and it will completeley crash my computer asking permision for the game. How do I shut it off permanently, and I dont mean turn it off because ive done that many times. i am running xp pro sp2 and I want to use another firewall app, instead of this one.

A:Any way tyo permanatley disable windows firewall

Hi there, please try the following:

Click Start -> Run -> type:
services.msc
Click OK

Scroll down the list and double click Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Set it's startup type to Disabled then click Stop then Apply/OK.

That should sort it out until you set otherwise :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-tyo-permanatley-disable-windows-firewall-109529.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys,

I can disable windows firewall easily but I still get an annoying notification in the taskbar from that new notification icon thing, which tells me I should enable it.

Is there anyway to suppress this? In XP there was a tickbox in the security center that stopped all warnings that the firewall was turned off.

Thanks

A:Disable windows firewall and notices

Quote: Originally Posted by AJReading

Is there anyway to suppress this? In XP there was a tickbox in the security center that stopped all warnings that the firewall was turned off.

It's in the Action Center now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/33366-disable-windows-firewall-notices.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have Zone Alarm Pro installed also a Router firewall.

Every-time i reboot i have to go into settings and turn off the Windows Firewall...if i don't i have connection problems.

I can't seem to disable it permanently...it enables itself every re-boot...is there another setting somewhere...searched all over and all i can find is how to enable it.

Before i reformatted...I'm sure Zone Alarm used to turn the windows firewall off automatically...can't seem to find how to set it up again.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Can any of you tell me whether or not it is possible to turn the Windows Firewall completely off so completely? How Firewall Windows disable to that it does not turn itself on whenever I join a new public network I have tried the following command in the command prompt quot netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state How to disable Windows Firewall completely? off quot which should do the trick but doesn't It was run in administrator mode so that's not the problem The reason that I need this done How to disable Windows Firewall completely? is that I play as a DJ using Rekordbox connected to the mixer through an ethernet cable Now for some reason my computer identifies this as a public network every time I connect the devices and then turns on the Windows Firewall which blocks the computer and mixer from communicating which is BAD Every time it activates itself I have to go into the control panel and turn it back off which is sort of tedious I do have my own antivirus and firewall software installed so I need the Windows part completely off Best regards Rasmus J

A:How to disable Windows Firewall completely?

Did you try to "Kill" Windows Firewall service. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/53507-how-disable-windows-firewall-completely.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi,using vista home premium on a toshiba laptop and i prefer to turn OFF network discovery and windows firewall also, i have public location selected.
as i am using avg 9 comprehensive protection i have disabled windows firewall as advised by avg,however in order to turn OFF network discovery it will re activate the windows firewall which i do not want to do! also as i have selected public location i understood that network discovery was set to OFF by default? but my settings are always either CUSTOM or ON.. any ideas? cheers..

A:can i disable windows firewall and network discovery?..

Hi pcnovice and welcome to the forum.
This tutorial can guide you, Network Discovery - Turn On or Off

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257105-can-i-disable-windows-firewall-network-discovery.html
Relevancy 58.48%

If I disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP SP1 will that improve the speed of reading my emails ?
They download fast - but it is when I click on them to read or delete , that they are slow. We have 512 RAM.

A:disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP SP1 ?

bobkatbf said:

If I disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP SP1 will that improve the speed of reading my emails ?
They download fast - but it is when I click on them to read or delete , that they are slow. We have 512 RAM.Click to expand...

No, it has nothing to do with your reading emails, but I suggest you turn it off and get a good free after market firewall like Sygate or Zone Alarm.
The Windows firewall is a basic utility that is, for the most part, worthless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-internet-connection-firewall-in-windows-xp-sp1.357495/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year.

I have my own Internet security suite installed on my system including a firewall. I have turned off Windows Firewall to prevent any conflicts; however, I noticed that Windows Firewall still loads at startup.

My question is: does anyone know of any reason I might want to always have it load at startup even though it is always turned off in my security setting? Or is it safe to disable it at startup?

Thanks.
Iggy

Gateway Media Centre TV Computer (GM5474)
3.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core 64-Bit
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit
3582 MB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT (With 256MB)
Samsung SyncMaster 215TW - 21” Monitor
High speed cable
D-Link DI-624 router

Relevancy 57.62%

What is the command to change the action = allow the connection or block the connection of an existing firewall rule already set in outbound rules, lets say the name of that rule is "X", how can i do this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/396660-how-enable-disable-windows-firewall-rule-cmd-prompt.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Win XP home IE6 Outlook Express 6

I want to disable windows messenger service as I never use it and it always pops up in my task bar on startup!.

The instructions I have are:
Click start>settings>control panel
Click Performance and Maintenance
Click Administrative Tools
Db -click Services
Scroll down and highlight Messenger
Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties
Click the STOP button
Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar
Click OK
I have no Performance and Maintenance icon in my control panel? And if I click Administrative Tools it leads me nowhere to perform this task!

Can someone help me through this issue?

Thanks,

manofmarin

Relevancy 57.19%

I actually have Kaspersky Internet Security as my security suite, which has an integrated firewall.

Should i disable the antivirus firewall and enable Comodo Firewall? (it's not Comodo IS, just free firewall).

Or should i use KIS firewall alone?

A:Disable Kaspersky Firewall and enable Comodo Firewall

KIS alone for sure. Its maybe the best firewall out there in any security suit u can find. turn on application control and set it to untrusted and u are safe to go.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/disable-kaspersky-firewall-and-enable-comodo-firewall.44036/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone, I got a computer in at work that was infected with ZeroAccess rootkit.  I removed it, and the computer runs good, however, it appears that there's been some changes to the Security Center.  I can't get the firewall service to start, when I go to "run" and type "services.msc" and find Windows Firewall it's set to automatic but it's stopped.  When I click on start it tells me "Windows could not start the firewall service on local computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

I'll post a few entries from my rkill log relating to the issue on here.  If anyone can help me to avoid reinstalling the OS that would be MUCH appreciated, thanks.

Heres the bit from rKill

Checking Windows Service Integrity:
 * Windows Firewall (MpsSvc) is not Running.
   Startup Type set to: Automatic
 * BFE [Missing Service]
 * RemoteAccess [Missing Parameters Key]

A:Windows Firewall Service

Try using Windows Repair Tool (All In One) or Windows Repair Portable. This all-in-one repair tool was designed to help fix common Windows problems such as file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and Service corruption caused by malware infection. Most disinfection tools will remove the malware but not fix all the damage it caused in other areas of the operating system.ZEROACCESS rootkit is a serious malware infection. If you're not sure you completely removed it or need a more comprehensive look at your system....I suggest doing the following before trying the above.Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create two logs. (Note: Windows 8.1 Users will not be able run DDS and create a log)When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs, then still start the new topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527928/windows-firewall-service/
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows Firewall And Service Cuts Off By Itself I ve been having this problem with my firewall lately Just started days ago The whole entire service has been shutting completely off approximatley minutes after connecting to the internet on my wireless d-link adapter and Off Firewall Service Windows By And Itself... upon boot or reboot Now don t get me wrong I can turn it Windows Firewall And Service Off By Itself... back on I get the message quot Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because associated service is not running Do you want to start windows firewall internet connection sharing ICS service quot when I click the firewall icon I click yes and it comes back on but STILL Its never did this before I have to keep turning it back on every time I reboot when it cuts off Is this perhaps a virus spyware attack or maybe a hack attempt or exploit I have windows xp home edition service pack wireless connection no other firewall but windows firewall no anti-virus lots of spyware programs superantispyware spybot search and destroy trojan remover which I ran over and over again but still the problem persist and also a dell computer Windows firewall and service doesn t shut down when i m not connected to the internet hmm which is strange I ve heard of ways hackers can shut the firewall off through codes and such I m scared Please help

A:Windows Firewall And Service Off By Itself...

Well...you cannot be too scared...if you don't have an antivirus program installed, IMO .My first suggestion would be to...install one, update it, and run a complete scan.http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/135134-45-windows-firewall See 1-23-2005 comments by Malke.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162901/windows-firewall-and-service-off-by-itself/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

hopefully this is right subforum to start this thread
I've googled on how to quickly and easily enable/disable single Windows Firewall rule without having to open the firewall, going into advanced options, and eventually manually finding my rule there.
Best I've found was two commands when searching for 'shortcut':

run, netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="NameOfFirewallRule" new enable=yes

and

run, netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="NameOfFirewallRule" new enable=no

Firstly, I don't know how to use them (how do I create shortcut containing the above lines) or if they work at all.
Then, perhaps there is an easier way to quickly disable/enable single rule in Windows 7 firewall?

I did search the Tutorials section here, but only found how to make shortcut for whole Windows Firewall, which is not what I'm after

A:How to create shortcut for Windows Firewall rule (enable/disable)?

I use a program called Windows Firewall Control, which is not a standalone program, rather it gives the Windows 7 platform an easy to use advanced GUI to control rules and edit them as you see fit. Here is the link : Windows Firewall Control

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/313418-how-create-shortcut-windows-firewall-rule-enable-disable.html
Relevancy 57.19%

[Win XP-Pro-SP3] My "Security Center - Virus Protection" does not offer a way  tp turn it off. Just 'Internet Options', 'Windows Firewall', and 'Automatic Updates'. Virus Protection' shows ON. 'Firewall' shows ON. 'Automatic Updates' shows OFF (of course since it is unsupported XP)
I would like to keep the firewall, but turn off the virus checking because it has become unreliable and I am using another product instead.
Any ideas?

A:How to disable "MS Security Centre Virus Protection" but keep Windows Firewall?

Open Control Panel.....Select Security Center.....,..On left side of Security Center select 'Change The Way Security Center Alerts Me.' Check or Uncheck Alert Settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555252/how-to-disable-ms-security-centre-virus-protection-but-keep-windows-firewall/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hai Windows 7 Forum Members,

How can i stop Plaug N play Service in Windows7 Ultimate

Please Check out the attachment

A:How to Disable Plug N Play Service In Windows Seven Ultimate

all the icon are in hide state,please check out the above,attchement

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261868-how-disable-plug-n-play-service-windows-seven-ultimate.html
Relevancy 56.33%

When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing.
And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

I don't have a clue what the systemlogs are or what I can do with it, and I tried many solutions given on the internet but none has worked for me yet. Please help me with this awful error.

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service

In the search box next to Start button, type ser > press Enter.
You are now on Services window > scroll down to Windows Firewall > click it.
Under Status ................................. it should be Running.
Under Startup type...................... it should be Automatic.
If that is not what you see, left side, click Restart the service.
Also right click at Windows Firewall > Properties ......................
at Startup type, click the pointer and select Automatic
at Service status, click Start.
Click OK when done.

See if the Firewall is back in action.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/45758-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I cannot start the windows firewall service.

At first it did not appear on the services .msc list, so I followed balon's advice to add it to the registry in this older thread Unable to start Windows Firewall

Now the firewall service is in the list but when I try to start it, I keep getting an error message:

Quote:
Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5.

A:Cannot start windows firewall service

Why not dump the Windows 7 Firewall and use any one of the free third party firewalls. I would recommend Comodo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/234289-cannot-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I keep on getting an action center message saying turn on Windows Security Center.
I've tried doing it in services but it won't turn on and I therefore cannot activate windows firewall. Most of the services appear to be disabled. I cannot access Backup as it is greyed out, (just like my hair !). Any ideas anyone?

A:Cannot turn on Windows Firewall Service

Try running cmd as administrator and typing in sfc /scannow see if it finds any problems and fixes them.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cannot-turn-windows-firewall-service-4598072/
Relevancy 56.33%

Help I cannot turn on my firewall on my Windows XP When I click try to turn it on I get the message quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I clicked quot Yes quot and I get quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I have tried starting it Firewall/ICS Service Windows Error manually but I get the Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error message quot Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing service on Local Computer quot quot Error The system cannot find the file specified quot I have both ipnathlp dll and ipnat sys files on my computer I already did the sfc scannow and the cmd gt netsh winsock reset and restarted the computer but it did not fix Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error it I ve tried the netsh Firewall reset but no luck I ve done a full system scan and that did not correct the problem either I cannot run system restore because it can t restore to any dates nbsp

A:Windows Firewall/ICS Service Error

neonclear said:

Help! I cannot turn on my firewall on my Windows XP. When I click try to turn it on, I get the message, "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?"
I clicked "Yes" and I get
"Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service." I have tried starting it manually, but I get the message,
"Could not start the Windows Firewall/ Internet Connection Sharing service on Local Computer."

The prime suspect for anything that turns off the firewall is malware so you need to scan with all your anti-malware utilities as soon as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-ics-service-error.919075/
Relevancy 56.33%

A Little history on what I've already done: running Vista Home Premium 32bit, removed rogue and a couple hundred malware, tried fixing system afterwards with disk check and sfc /scannow (no issues with dskchk but scannow could not fix issues (twice)....turns out the firewall service is missing along with Base Filtering Engine' service! GONE! So I would like to know if anyone out there knows how this can be fixed without doing a repair or re-installation of Vista, please if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!!

A:WINDOWS FIREWALL SERVICE MISSING!

Please follow these instructions..1. Open an elevated command prompt. to do this > click Start > type cmd into the search box > right click cmd and select Run as Administrator.2. Type the following command, sfc /scannow -> press enter.3. Open an elevated command prompt. Copy the following command > press Enter:findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txtPaste the sfcdetails.txt into your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431220/windows-firewall-service-missing/
Relevancy 56.33%

when i try to activate windows firewall service it gets "error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start"

A:Windows firewall service error

It seems there has just been an update and the problem has been fixed. thanks for the help anyways been most appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/037cf248-4d42-45c7-acff-18bfaa6cfc25/windows-firewall-service-error?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 56.33%

days ago I was infected with some malware that changed my browser connection it changed the way to connect to internet changing the connection through a proxy I deleted this one But yesterday I noticed that I can t turn on windows firewall I get error code x Windows firewall is missing from services DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated missing Windows is Firewall service B Windows Firewall service is missing E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows Firewall service is missing Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows Windows Firewall service is missing System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x VisualSVN Server bin VisualSVNServer exe C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x VisualSVN Server bin VisualSVNServer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Launchy Launchy exe C Users andoni AppData Local Apps Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x NetWorx networx exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons VolCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpCaslNotification exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO IeCatch Class f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll BHO DivX HiQ ddec - - cdd- e - dadaa e - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll BHO Aplicaci n auxiliar de inicio de sesi n de Windows Live ID d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype B... Read more

A:Windows Firewall service is missing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/435139 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435139/windows-firewall-service-is-missing/
Relevancy 56.33%

Been cleaning up an older computer and Firewall/ICS Windows cannot start service recently this problem has turned up Windows Firewall is not on and in an attempt to turn it on it responds with Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service I click Yes and it says Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service So far I have tried Method and on Microsoft's page http support microsoft com kb Even though this did not start due to a SP installation Reinstalled SP I have not reinstalled SP specifically since SP usually covered that lt ---If thats the issue then shame on me I have also tried Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start cmd gt Netsh winsock reset Recommendation from another forum I have tried starting the 'Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS ' in Administrative Tools gt Services gt Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS which does say stop This comes back with Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified I'm assuming this is the current cause of the internet not working on the computer as well I've done alot of work on the computer and if needed I can list all that I've done so far This current problem I have not been able to solve myself and it started after running Malware bytes and removing everything it found May not need to be said but the system is a Windows XP bit Anything else you need to know just ask Also If I need to repeat anything I've already done due to a missed step or whatever I'm glad to do it

A:Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start

Update on this system, the guy ran a Windows Repair after all this and now we have a BSOD after the Windows loading screen, code 0x07E, and computer restarts. When booting into Safe Mode I get "Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe Mode. Setup will restart now."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526825/windows-firewallics-service-cannot-start/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm sure this problem has been addressed before. After service pack 2 for xp, our windows firewall stopped working. When you try to access it in the control panel, it says that it is unable to open because the service is not running. I click yes to turn it on, and it says that the ICS service could not be started.

I tried fixing it a couple months ago, goofed around with winsock and tried a couple other things, couldn't get it to work so I gave up and downloaded zone alarm.

I just remembered about it the other day, and while being bored, I wanted to try and get it working again, even if I don't need to use it, I still like everything running correctly.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall, cannot start ICS service

Try the following:

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services...

Scroll down to Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing, double click the entry. You should now see the properties box for ICS; in the drop-down box next to 'Startup type' be sure that Automatic is the chosen option, click Apply, close everything out and re-boot - now check to see if your firewall is available.

If that doesn't work, you may need to run an inplace install (Repair). If this is the case then follow These instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-cannot-start-ics-service.408593/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently installed Norton 360, ever since then, my wireless internet connection does not work.
I'm using a TP link wireless adapter, I'm on windows XP SP3, I've tried the "Winsock Reset" stuff, so I'd just really like some help on what to do, what's gone wrong, and how to fix it. I'm fairly aware that it is most likely norton that caused this, yes I have uninstalled it, used the norton removal tool, and I have reinstalled it and used the removal tool several times. What now?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I have often come here in the past to help me with various tech related woes but I've never needed to post before But now I do since I can no Service. Firewall Windows start Cannot longer turn my Windows Firewall Service on through any means in which one can do so under normal circumstances I'm Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. running Windows Vista SP From Windows Security Centre it tells me quot Security Centre can't turn on Windows Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Firewall quot From Windows Firewall it tells me quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Service quot then when I click yes quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Service quot when trying to start it manually from Administrative Tools Services it tells me quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log quot and the only thing Windows Firewall related I have been able to find in the Event Log is quot The Windows Firewall Service was unable to retrieve the security policy from the local storage The service will continue enforcing the current policy Error Code quot All the different fixes I have seen online either haven't helped or I wasn't sure enough to try them all What can I do that is short of a complete reinstall of Vista Thanks a lot

A:Cannot start Windows Firewall Service.

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-start-windows-firewall-service-590332.html
Relevancy 56.33%

When I try to turn it back on by using the "recommended settings" I get this:

And when I try and start the service:

I have these already running:
CNG Key Isolation (KeyIso)
Base Filtering Engine (BFE)
and can't find
Firewall Client Agent (FwcAgent)

I found on many pages I should try and run these commands in CMD:

Code:
sc config MpsSvc start= auto
sc config KeyIso start= auto
sc config BFE start= auto
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
net stop MpsSvc
net start MpsSvc
net stop KeyIso
net start KeyIso
net stop BFE
net start BFE
net stop FwcAgent
net start FwcAgent
pause
When I get to

Code:
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
It says:

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service.

NathanH92,

At some point, has the system been infected with malware?

Please do the following:

Please go to the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the 64-bit version.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Press the Scan button.

FRST64 makes a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply. <<---

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
Also post the: Addition.txt in your reply. <<---

Next, download Farbar Service Scanner
Save to the Desktop Make sure the following options are checked:Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan
FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.
Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293103-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello

I always had Firewall turned off, but then I realised it's a quite useful thing. So when I checked it, it said: "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer." When I press "Use recommended settings" nothing happens. Then I checked services and Base Filtering Engine is running well, but Windows Firewall service can't start. It says: "Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5."

I have no idea how to fix this (I have already downloaded Microsoft Windows Firewall fixer, didn't help)... Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall service won't start

Have you checked that the windows firewall authorisation driver is running in device manager?
You need to view hidden devices and its in the plug and play section.hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/253751-windows-firewall-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 56.33%
A:How can I disable ,,turn on windows security center service'' warning?

I have the same problem. BTW what is that? Is it the new name for defender because I don't remember disabling any security center, only defender via: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Scatch that, I remember now. Anyway this warning is annoying me too. Also want to get rid of it.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/11227-how-can-i-disable-turn-windows-security-center-service-warning.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, i recently suffered a virus that AVG picked up on to late it infected c/windows/system32/services.exe i managed to remove it dispite many antiviruses inability to by renaming the infected file services.exe.old then restarting my computer windows replaced it and was working properly so i ran my antiviruses and downloaded afew more picked up a total of 10 infections and im no longer picking up viruses with my antiviruses (AVG free, spybot S&D, avast, malewarebytes) after all that i looked at windows firewall and found i couldn't turn it on so after more digging found its service had been deleted, more digging i managed to get its service back but i cannot start it nor can the program from windows for fixing the firewall. Please help!

A:Virus deleted windows firewall service

Hello aelled,

I think the best thing is to perform a scan from outside the Windows environment. Please follow this tutorial in order to do that:

Windows Defender Offline

Post the results so we can help out further.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/241156-virus-deleted-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I can't enable my firewall This error is blocking me for playing some games.
(Players can't ping me on hamchi,..)

Windows XP SP3

HELP!!! Please.

A:Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not..

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-settings-cannot-be-displayed-because-the-associated-service-is-not.888703/
Relevancy 55.47%

Howdy folks,

When I boot my computer I have to start the Windows Firewall service manually by opening services, otherwise I won't be able to perform any local networking actions.

The service is set to Automatic, yet doesn't run until I click "start service"

The Base Filtering Engine Service is automatic and runs fine.

The Remote Procedure Call is also automatic and runs fine.

Anyone have any advice on how I can get Windows Firewall to actually...y'know start running when it's set to be automatic?

A:Windows Firewall Service Doesn't Start Automatically

Is Windows Firewall your only firewall? and are you using Windows Defender or another AV ?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/47847-windows-firewall-service-doesnt-start-automatically.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Microsoft Fix it: Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

Quote:
Automatically repair Windows Firewall problems, such as Windows fails to start Windows Firewall service (0x5) or Windows remote assistance is not working.

What it fixes...
Windows Firewall is not the default firewall
Windows Firewall does not start
Windows Vista could not start Windows Firewall. Service-specific error 5 (0x5)
Remote Assistance does not work
You cannot access shared files and printers

A:Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

Good post, Corrine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/106530-diagnose-fix-windows-firewall-service-problems-automatically.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been having an issue with the Windows Firewall service. It stops automatically, meaning that my internet connection on my computer stops. But when I start it again, my internet is fine. I've used Malwarebytes and other cleaners to fix this, but the problem persists.

Relevancy 55.47%

Windows Security Center Service Disappeared Along with FirewallHello All this is my first visit to this site I m a computer dummy please be patient and talk to me like I m years old I have a Windows XP Professional-SP not the bit with Microsoft Office Dell Optiplex GX When I wanted to update a security program I noticed the Firewall was not on and further checking revealed that the Windows Security Security Windows Along Service Center Disappeared with Firewall Center Windows Security Center Service Disappeared Along with Firewall Service had been removed altogether Perusing the internet I learned that an infection can cause this so I tried to troubleshoot I ran a full Malwarebytes scan in regular and safe modes which turned up nothing I ran Spybot and AvastAntivirus and SpywareBlaster in regular mode and they showed nothing either I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner today and it removed Win Sirefef cfgI ran the TrendMicro HiJack this and got a log which I can t make heads or tails of I can post it if you like I then came to this website and saw that many of you experts have said that it isn t wise to have too many anti-virus products so I removed Spybot and SpywareBlaster What I now have is Malwarebytes and Avast AntiVirus But no Firewall and no Windows Security Center So two questions- Is my computer still infected and once that is fixed How to get the Windows Security center back into my computer I looked on the Microsoft Community forum for the answer and I didn t even understand the instructions Thank you in advance for your kind assistance and patience

A:Windows Security Center Service Disappeared Along with Firewall

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472945/windows-security-center-service-disappeared-along-with-firewall/
Relevancy 55.47%

Okay, I have been having issues with my network etc. for a long time now and I fixed it, but during that adventure I found that Windows Firewall isn't working right. The exact issue is when I try to go in and start the service manually I get "Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start." I know I have the required services runnung except the Internet Connection Sharing service which gives me the same error. I have tried reseting winsock and all that other stuff but it just dosn't work.

Thanks in advance.

A:Error 1068 when starting Windows Firewall Service

Welcome to the forum
Did you try to see the solution :

Unable to start Windows Firewall
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/226152-error-1068-when-starting-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi As title lately in the event logs it shows my Win XP Home Edition desktop is experiencing McAfee services terminating unexpectedly and then restarted I Service service The terminated McAfee Personal unexpectedly Firewall am using McaFee Internet Security and has it patched to the latest definition files The following six McAfee services are terminated and event logs shows the following quot Event ID The McAfee Anti-Spam Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot quot Event ID The McAfee Proxy Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service For more information see Help and Support Center The McAfee Personal Firewall Service service terminated unexpectedly at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot quot Event ID The McAfee Network Agent service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot quot Event ID The McAfee VirusScan Announcer service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot quot Event ID The McAfee Services service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot quot Event ID The McAfee Personal Firewall Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot Have attached the HiJackThis log to this email Am not sure if my desktop is infected by virus spyware malware Appreciate kind folks in this forum to assist me to determine if the desktop is infected Thanks

A:The McAfee Personal Firewall Service service terminated unexpectedly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/419171 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419171/the-mcafee-personal-firewall-service-service-terminated-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 55.04%

im kind of new at trying to figure things out like this but i am some what formilar with computers but this is what i get:
When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection 2" Properties, and click on the "Advanced" tab then click on Windows Firewall "Settings" button, I get a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Services (ICS) service." I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard, and everything appears fine then.

i dont really have any clue if i can be fixed but im hoping that someone can help me please!!!

Relevancy 54.61%

i have windows xp sp3 and i cant access the internet because there is a firewall or something and when i try to start the service it says "could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service on local computer error 2: the system cannot find the file specified" how do i fix this? i dont know anything about computers

A:Solved: windows firewall/connection sharing (ICS) service not starting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-firewall-connection-sharing-ics-service-not-starting.1096254/
Relevancy 54.61%

EDIT REMOVED LOGS OF PROGRAM as stated in guidelines I Service Firewall - Lameshield already Cured Trojan Windows Missing apologize I have Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured been trouble shooting this problem and have succesfully I believe removed the trojan as shown in the logs before This happened very recently and many such topics have also come up recently about the same issue Current Problem Windows Firewall Service is missing from Services and so the windows firewall cannot start Windows Update Error Code Steps Taken Used Malware bytes to Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured remove Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured Lameshield trojan amp others shown in log below Also ran Hitman Run more scans and re-installed Microsoft Security Essentials as it had been disabled by the trojan Desktop Icons continued to change after service reboot and so I repaired the Icon Caxhe which seems to have solved the problem I ran FSS to check ffor problems with the Firewall Potential Infection Cause The first time the Antivirus Platinum aka Trojan Lameshield popped up was when I was using Internet Explorer and had many tabs open All of a sudden an advertisement froze IE and then i had a new program in the system tray I ended the process trees associated with the program and ran a quick Malwarebytes scan which shows the results in the logs Any Advice on this issue Attached are my MBAM and FSS Logs Again I apologize for not following the correct format Haven't run GMER because it states it is for bit systems only DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kaeze PhoeniX at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCUService exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe C Users Kaeze PhoeniX AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Update Tool Notifier exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Pr... Read more

A:Windows Firewall Service Missing - Trojan Lameshield already Cured

I may have fixed my problem by following the advice of the user "naren xp" who provided the right registry files for me to use.

For those with a similar problem, here is the link:

Windows Firewall damaged by 'Windows 7 antivirus 2012'

I would consider the problem gone and have already ran root-kit scans etc which turned out empty. I was fully free of the trojan and I now have fixed the windows update, Microsoft Security Essentials and Firewall problem by following the user's advice.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-firewall-service-missing-trojan-lameshield-already-cured-660288.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently did a WinXP repair with the help of a Microsoft rep and now I cannot get my firewall up and running because the message states that "ICS" is not available and I have no success in getting ICS in order to regain a firewall.

A:How to restore internet connection service to get windows firewall back?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Ok heres what i would like you to check:

control panel
admin tools
services
windowsfirewall/internet connection sharing

should be: started, automatic

if its not, then double click on it and there you will beable to start it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-restore-internet-connection-service-to-get-windows-firewall-back-361776.html
Relevancy 54.61%

this few days my pc like affect by virus, windows firewall internet connection sharing (ICS) auto stop after few minuts i boot my pc
i suspect virus remove firewall service file, then i restart my pc, the firewall can works for few second after that same thing happen again.
is there any antivirus or tools can kill this melware or virus? kindly advise

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-cannot-start-windows-firewall-internet-connection-sharing-ics-service-558737.html
Relevancy 54.18%

The firewall service will not start at all. I also have Trend Mirco PC-cillin and it won't allow me to view my "Personal Firewall" setting. If anyone knows what could be the problem, the help would be appreciated.

A:Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) service wont start

When did this problem begin? What changes did you make to your system (hardware, software, updates)?

To assist in the problem, we need you to download HijackThis (http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip). Extract it to a folder like C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Run it, and select 'Scan'. Do not fix anything yet, just select 'Save log', and copy the contents of the log to your next post.

An expert will be along shortly to review your log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-internet-connection-sharing-ics-service-wont-start.513647/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi when i try to run my windows XP sp2 windows firewall to stop it from disabling my connections. i get the message "Windows firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows firewall/internet connection Sharing (ICS) service?" i click yes then i get "Windows cannot start the Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service.". i then went start>run>services.msc and found that when i try to manually run the Windows firewall/ICS i get this message "Could not start the WF/ICS service on Local Computer. Error 1075 the dependancy service either does not exist or has been marked for deletion." Please help me. I just want to be able to open my ports and host Warcraft 3 games.

A:Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service cannot start...error 1075.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-internet-connection-service-cannot-start-error-1075.871968/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall McAfee antiVirus.  I have found that Windows Firewall service is set to automatic but will not start, giving the error in the topic.  I also find attempting to start IPsec Policy Agent manually fails as well.  I apologize as I'm not sure what to run in order to create logs needed for assistance.

A:Windows could not start the Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068:

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501900/windows-could-not-start-the-firewall-service-on-local-computer-error-1068/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys,
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
I can not start Windows Firewall, Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, or Diagnostic System Host. When I try and start them manually in services.msc, it gives me Error Code 5: Access denied. Both BFE and Windows Firewall Authorization driver are running. I am logged in as an administrator, and I have already allowed full control of these services for the Administrator accounts and the user "SYSTEM" in Regedit. If you need more information, please let me know. This is my first post, so I don't know if there is any other information that you need. Thanks!

A:Windows Firewall service will not start, Error Code 5: Access Denied

Use Diagnose and fix Windows firewall service problem automatically -

Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically

OR

Go to BFE in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE

and then click on Add and typed in the space "Everyone" and save the changes. Then go to services.msc and start up the BFE service .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/256437-windows-firewall-service-will-not-start-error-code-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Help I ve had service Firewall/ICS start Windows Windows cannot the my laptop Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service on our home wireless network for over a year and all of the sudden I can t get to the internet We have a desktop connected to a D-Link router and two laptops all of which use Windows XP Of course I m using the desktop to access this website I ve checked out some troubleshooting websites and books and I can t quite find anything that describes my problem My Broadcom Wireless Network Connection has quot excellent quot signal strength but I have quot limited or no connectivity quot When I try to quot repair quot my wireless network connection it gets stuck at quot renewing your ip address quot When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig all I get this Ethernet adapter WIreless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nothing Description Broadcom g MaxPerformance g Physical Address my MAC address Dhcp enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask When I go to the quot Wireless Network Connection quot Properties and click on the quot Advanced quot tab then click on Windows Firewall quot Settings quot button I get a message that says quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot I click quot Yes quot Then I get a message that quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Services ICS service quot I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard and everything appears fine then I ve been trying lots of different troubleshooting suggestions and I fear I may have done something that has my laptop on the wrong settings for something But what Most importantly my partner s laptop connects just fine That means it s something wrong on my laptop right nbsp

A:Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/ICS service

elysse said:

Help! I've had my laptop on our home wireless network for over a year, and all of the sudden I can't get to the internet. We have a desktop connected to a D-Link router, and two laptops, all of which use Windows XP. Of course, I'm using the desktop to access this website.

I've checked out some troubleshooting websites and books, and I can't quite find anything that describes my problem. My Broadcom Wireless Network Connection has "excellent" signal strength, but I have "limited or no connectivity"

When I try to "repair" my wireless network connection, it gets stuck at "renewing your ip address"

When I go to the command prompt, and type ipconfig /all, I get this:

Ethernet adapter WIreless Network Connection 2:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: [nothing]
Description: Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance 802.11g
Physical Address: [my MAC address]
Dhcp enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address: 169.254.101.129
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

When I go to the "Wireless Network Connection 2" Properties, and click on the "Advanced" tab then click on Windows Firewall "Settings" button, I get a message that says: "Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" I click "Yes." Then I get a message that "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Services (ICS) service." I tried doing the Network Setup Wizard, and everything appears fine then.

I've been trying lots of different troubleshooting suggestions, and I fear I may have done something that has my laptop on the wrong settings for... something. But what?

Most importantly, my partner's laptop connects just fine. That means it's something wrong on my laptop, right?Click to expand...

Hi elysse,

Welcome to TSG!

First, check the services running on your partner's laptop - assuming you both are running WinXP? - Start->Run->services.msc->Ok Then look for Security Center and Remote Procedure Call (RPC), etc. Note each one that is started on your partner's laptop.

Then on your laptop, bring up services and for any service that is not running, select the service to highlight it, then right-click the service and select Properties - wait for the Properties window to come up. Change the Start type with the pull-down menu to Automatic if it was set to Manual or Disabled - then the service will load and start when you login. While you have the Properties window up, you might just checkout the Dependencies tab to see what other services depend on this service, but if you have the list from your partner's laptop and make both laptops identical with regard to services, then you should be ok as far as being able to run the Windows Firewall.

Hope this helps,

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-start-the-windows-firewall-ics-service.402037/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I just got this Dell Inspiron laptop about wks ago i - U GB RAM Windows I did not go for the pre-installed McAfee trial I installed Kaspersky Internet Security It has been several days now that I get a Windows notification saying that Kaspersky firewall nbsp and Windows firewall are disabled I tried turning on Windows firewall but the option remains grayed out When I open Kaspersky it shows that my computer is protected and no mention of anything being disabled I completely removed Kaspersky from the disable and disabled, stopped Intel can't Internet working Windows recovered, graphics HD Firewall Security Kaspersky and touchpad system and only then I was able to turn on Windows firewall Now I am relying on Windows firewall and Windows defender Another thing that has been happening almost daily is nbsp this notification saying that Intel HD Graphics had stopped working and has recovered Kaspersky Internet Security and Windows Firewall disabled, Intel HD graphics stopped working and recovered, can't disable touchpad I don t think I want to reinstall Kaspersky At Best Buy they told me that they use Bitdefender I am leaning towards that but since I have no idea what is going on I just wanna wait a while I hear a lot of complaints about Windows Personally I use Kaspersky Internet Security and Windows Firewall disabled, Intel HD graphics stopped working and recovered, can't disable touchpad Internet Explorer instead of Edge I find it too slow On a previous laptop not Dell I was using Firefox and it worked fine until I took the nbsp bait and installed Windows Since then Firefox crashes upon first run I did not install it on the Inspiron because I didn t want to take a chance I was told at the store that GB of RAM is enough for a home user I don t play any video games Only surf and use Microsoft Office Yeah even with Office apps I have an issue I only use Word and Excel When I press Save the computer becomes a dinosaur that s how slow it is Here I am thinking the guy who sold me this thing was not even a computer grad but a police foundations one Bottom line I don t rely on quot expert quot in-store advice no more because salesmen don t know the product they just want to sell you anything the more expensive the better So any ideas on these issues The Kaspersky firewall and Windows firewall being disabled Who is doing this Could it be incompatibility with OS I mean Windows hates all third party anti-viruses What about the Intel HD Graphics stopped working and has recovered Is that something I should worry about What can I do about it Why is Firefox on first run saying it has stopped working Is this how great Windows is thanks

A:Kaspersky Internet Security and Windows Firewall disabled, Intel HD graphics stopped working and recovered, can't disable touchpad

Hi A6RO81, and welcome to the forum.
As I recently purchased a Dell laptop, maybe I can help you. As you discovered, all Dells come with a pre-installed AV. The most important thing to do, if you did not want McAfee, was to not activate it, and delete it via your control panel. For extra assurance, you can run the uninstall tool (mcpr) from McAfee, which is available here, to completely eliminate McAfee:us.mcafee.com/.../mcpr.asp
Computers do not like duelling AVs, which compete to eliminate threats. This degrades system performance. Kaspersky is a top-notch AV, but if you find it lacking, again you will want to run its uninstall tool, free to download from here:

When you completely uninstall all traces of McAfee and of Kaspersky, your Windows firewall and Windows Defender AV should be working. If not, let us know.
I can't answer all your questions. Suffice it to say that the native Windows 10 firewall, and the Windows Defender AV provide fairly good protection. You just want to be sure that all traces of other AVs have been deleted.
And yes, 8 GB of RAM should suffice for your purposes.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19677266
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey everybody I am Windows & Policy will Base Service, start Engine Diagnostics not Filtering Firewall, having serious problems with my laptop Here are the specs Dell N Windows Home Premium SP Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GHZ Gb of RAM -bit operating system I have run everything as an administrator to no avail After a week without being able to charge my laptop I was without a cable I charged it to find that I could not connect to the internet or that I was only given quot Limited Access quot i Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start e none I opened the 'Network and Sharing Center' to find that under quot View your basic network information and set up connections quot heading the text reads quot Unknown - The dependency service or group failed to start quot Going to the status of the Wireless Network Connection and trying to diagnose the problem gives me this error quot The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running quot In Services under Diagnostics Policy Service as well as the Base Filtering Engine I receive Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start the following error s quot Windows could not start the x service on Local Computer Error Access is denied The variable is either Diagnostics Policy Service Base Filtering Engine etc Also in Services under Windows Firewall I receive this error quot Windows could not start the x service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start Here's several of the things I have tried from perusing the other threads here none of which have worked Svc SCANNOW has found no system integrity errors In the Registry editor changing the permissions of the Diagnostics Policy Service and Base Filtering Engine to quot Everyone quot and then trying to manually start the services in Services msc I recently removed AVG from my computer but this was only after the problem began I thought that maybe there was a conflict between the firewalls of Windows and AVG But removing AVG did not help either I cannot connect to the internet via wireless or Ethernet cable Windows Firewall will not start Diagnostics Policy Service will not start BFE will not start Those are the problems I am having and obviously I am pretty upset about it I am not as technologically savvy as some but if you point me in the right direction I will do all that you tell me to do I am using a separate computer to connect to the internet and will be until the problem is solved Thanks in advance

A:Diagnostics Policy Service, Windows Firewall, & Base Filtering Engine will not start

Did you go to the dependencies tab and see what dependencies depend on these services?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/diagnostics-policy-service-windows-firewall-and-base-filtering-engine-will-not-start-697062.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Somebody Please help. I have been trying to get my windows firewall working and have spent hours searching forums. I came across a thread that describes exactly what is happening with my machine. Windows Firewall Authorization Driver - not present, not working, etc. I really dont want to format this machine. I have gotten as far as running 317 security check

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.24
Windows 7 x64 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 9
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:
Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
McAfee Security Scan Plus
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Java(TM) 6 Update 31
Mozilla Firefox (x86 en-US..)
[b]````````````````````````````````
Process Check:

A:Windows Firewall Service wont start error 1068 win secur svc missing

Jremmie,
First get that junk off of your computer!

Then:
1. Install MSE (link in my signature and use only that link!)

2. 2nd run WDO (once again link in my signature).

After doing those two things are posting the zip file that I'm going to request, come back. I will answer no questions until these two tasks have been complested.

HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft’s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support

==========================================
=========================================+

# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 ** RUN POWERSHELL AS ADMINISTRATOR ******************
# ************************************************************
#
# WIN key | type POWERSHELL | do NOT hit ENTER |
# in the PROGRAMS list, right-click on WINDOWS POWERSHELL |
# choose "Run as administrator" |
# Click on the YES button (if such appears)
#
# WIN key = key with Microsoft log on top
#
# for the guru:
# WIN | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# STEP 2 ** COPY AND PASTE ***********************************
#
# COPY the script using CTRL+C,
# COPY every line of script down thru both EXIT statements
#
# PASTE into Powershell
#----Right-Click at the PowerShell Prompt
#----(Ctrl+V does not wo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/240984-windows-firewall-service-wont-start-error-1068-win-secur-svc-missing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I've been looking around the net 5 to Firewall Unable Windows Win7 code service-specific error 32bit start for a while and still have not found any solutions for my problem Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 32bit And seeing that there's quite the excellent service here in bleepingcomputer I thought I'd give it a try and ask for help So far I have my BFE fixed and running in the Services but Firewall and Windows Defender aren't Firewall gives me the error code message while Windows Defender gives me the x error I went and tried the steps in this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-firewall-not-starting-error-code- x Ignored the BFE parts cos it's been fixed but stuck in the th post seeing as it wouldn't let me register the reg file It shows this error Not all data was successfully written to the registry Some keys are open by the system or other processes Oh yeah before I end this post Here's the FSS scan results ------------------ Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by PC administrator on - - at Running from C Users PC Desktop Windows Home Basic Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is OK The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of WinDefend The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of WinDefend The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of WinDefend The value does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legitC Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D AF CBCED F C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legitC Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legitC Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legitC Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legitC Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legitC Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legitC Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legitC Windows system es dll gt MD is legitC Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legitC Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legitC Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legitC Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Queen-Evie

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 32bit

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your DesktopDoubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

Check Loaded Modules  and Detect TDLFS file system.  Do not check Verify file digital signatures (even though it is checked in the example)If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

If threats are detected select Skip for all of them unless I instruct you otherwiseClick Continue

Click Reboot computerPlease post the contents of  TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)in your reply===================================================aswMBR--------------------Download aswMBR and save it to your desktop.
Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. Please allow when you are asked to download AVAST antivirus engine defs.Wait until the AV update is done, then click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.

When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.NOTE:  aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.===================================================ESET Online Scanner--------------------I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan  This process may may take several hours, that is normalHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:

Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsCopy and paste the information in your next reply.   Note:  If no malware was found you will not get a log.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste the information rather than send an attachment. TDSSKiller logaswMBR logESET results 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487044/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-32bit/
Relevancy 52.89%

Mod Edit;Moved to the Am I Infected forum~ boopmeI have been unable to turn on my firewall (or make any adjustments to the settings whatsoever). When clicking advanced firewall settings I get the error code 0x6D9. When I try to check for updates, I get the message that "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." I think both issues might be related to malware that was previously removed. Any thoughts?? I would really appreciate any help whatsoever! Thanks in advance.

A:I am unable to access my firewall and windows update service is not running. May be related to prior malware. What can I do?

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466047/i-am-unable-to-access-my-firewall-and-windows-update-service-is-not-running-may-be-related-to-prior-malware-what-can-i-do/
Relevancy 52.89%

when trying to restart windows firewall i am getting this... "service-specific error code 5"
using HP G62 laptop running Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit

i had a rootkit on the laptop and i think it's completely removed but i still cannot activate the firewall, I used kaspersky rescue disk 10, rkill and mbam to remove rootkit.

hope someone can help....

A:Unable to start Windows Firewall service-specific error code 5 Win7 64bit

System error code 5 is "access denied". http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But I don't know if your error code is a system error code. If it is, you can check the permissions on the firewall service with this command:

sc sdshow MpsSvc

I have this on my test machine:
D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)
(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;CCLCRP;;;S-1-5-80-<omitted>)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492787/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-64bit/
Relevancy 50.31%

I installed Vista on my computer and had no problems with having to disable the firewall, but I am having some problems on my girlfriends computer.

I go into Control Panel and then to Windows Firewall.

When the Firewall screen is up, I click on Change Settings over to the right and it wont do anything. It wont bring up the screen giving me the option to disable it or anything. Nothing whatsoever happens. I cannot figure out how to disable her firewall if I cant get in to change the settings.

If anyone knows I can get around this, I'd appreciate it.

A:Will not let me disable firewall :/

It might allow the change in safe mode. Try that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/will-not-let-me-disable-firewall-153028.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I know you are all busy here with the hijack logs and viruses I m not sure if I have a problem or not really but it my disable firewall????? wants me AOL to seems weird to me Yesterday I couldn t access the internet and I uninstalled and reinstalled AOL Come to find out that was unecessary as all the phones in the area were out Dumb me anyway it seemed my connection settings were all screwed up and no matter how I set them I couldn t connect So I called AOL since its their software and they had me go into my and their system and set up a UNC generic modem access something like that and lowered my connection speed and stuff like that then told me I would have to DISABLE MCAFFEE S FIREWALL to access and also that I would have to contact my computer co Systemax and get a rebuild for a file called TCIP spacks Is this a normal thing how can they tell if a AOL wants me to disable my firewall????? file is corrupted Anyway I refuse to go the internet after all the work you guys and gals helped me do without my firewall and so of course every time I try Macaffee screams at whatever they did and I have to tell it to allow it and all Can anyone tell me what they AOL did I am confused and don t want to make it that my computer can t access through anything but AOL in the future nbsp

A:AOL wants me to disable my firewall?????

Im not gfamiliar with that firewall but since you are , look foir a setting that will prompt you for access when something tries to access the net. If there is one present then enable it, reboot then try accessing the web. When it prompts for access then set it to allow access..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-wants-me-to-disable-my-firewall.268983/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey, if i install say kaspersky anti-virus (or any paid for anti-virus programs) do i then have to disable windows 7 firewall? thanks

A:disable firewall?

Hi soulfood,

I have never installed Kaspersky before so do not know if it automatically disables Windows Firewall.

Here's how to disable Windows Firewall:
Windows Firewall - Turn On or Off

After, if you like you can open services.msc, locate Windows Defender, stop and disable it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/214664-disable-firewall.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Help I can t get my computer to become pingable I use pcchillin and have a linksys router I have never had this problem before I have disabled and shut off pcchillin and made disable firewall can't sure that i was in dmz zone and that my linksys router block can't disable firewall wan request is disabled WindowXP firewall is disabled Not sure what else to do Any suggestions thanks Jackson Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system gearsec exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCPFW exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jackson My Documents My Received Files hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO CCHelper - CF B EE- - D -A E- BB E - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro CCHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Pa amp nicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro - B E E - E - D - FD - B CCBD - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Pro popuppro dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ZingSpooler C Program Files Common Files Zing ZingSpooler exe O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run Pop trap exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe quot O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yinst cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com bonnie us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF E D C-F DC- - E F-A BB A ZingBatchAXDwnl Class - http www imagestation com common classes batchdwnl cab version O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF BA C -DAE - CE - BB- C A F B GSDACtl Class - http launch gamespyarcade com software launch alaunch cab O - DPF E E- B C- D - - BD D AV Class - http www pcpitstop com antivirus PCPAV CAB O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab O - DPF FB -C - D - F- A C F mhLabel Class - http www pcpitstop com mhLbl cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-disable-firewall.177953/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a new Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. I got Verizon high speed modem and determined that I can get online in safe mode but not normal mode. Verizon suggested I disable my firewalls. I don't have McAfee nor Norton installed.

I want to be able to get online in normal mode.

Thank you

A:disable firewall?

what other firewall or virus programs do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disable-firewall-314177.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Office Calendar It used to work with my comp as the server and others as the cleints Something changed and now we are having problems communicatting between the comps even though I have another program where I am the server and it work on the other Here s what they said Disable Firewall The results of the TELNET test Could not open connection to the host on port Connection failed indicate that this is Disable Firewall an issue within your specific network environment TELNET is an Internet standard protocol Disable Firewall for remotely logging into another computer Your test results indicate that port is blocked and is not allowing any communication to take place over Disable Firewall this port The test does not specify whether or not the server or the client is the culprit but if you have other clients that can connect to the same server then chances are that the culprit is the specific client that can not connect By default OfficeCalendar communicates and synchronizes data over port Because of the port blockage referenced above OfficeCalendar communication is being blocked as well This is not an OfficeCalendar related issue since all communication is being blocked In order to allow OfficeCalendar to function properly you will need to have someone on your end find the means to unblock port This could be a firewall issue a network issue a hardware issue such as a router or switch or a rd party software conflict such as Norton Anti-virus etc I HAVE BOTH A FIREWALL and NOrton Anti-Virus which cannot be disabled and working on Windows XP Pro Any tips or ideas how I can make this work nbsp

A:Disable Firewall

You can make a setting in Norton's firewally to allow all traffic thru on port 1802.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-firewall.679820/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi there,

please help. i can't disable or anable firewall.
i login as administrator and can't change anything on windows firewall.

also, i wonder why the File and Printer Sharing, Offer Remote Assistance,
Offer Remote Assistance - Port etc... under "Exceptions Tabs" are in green
and can not remove the check marks.

please see the attachments.

thanks

A:can't disable/unlock firewall

I'm guessing it has to do with Group Policy. Are you in a domain, where the administrator may have set Group Policies? Or have you played around with Group Policies yourself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-disable-unlock-firewall.555380/
Relevancy 49.88%

My friend and I are trying to set up a couple of Counter-Strike: Source. But because we both have routers we are having trouble doing so. I know that routers have internal or hardware firewalls, so how can we disable these? We are usually very good with hardware, but we've never eally messed with networks and stuff. So we are hardware experts not network experts.

Also our routers are from linsys and netgear.

Thanks in advance.

A:How to disable Router firewall

If you are trying to connect over the Internet then you should just open the proper ports on the firewall. Taking down the entire firewall is a bad idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-disable-router-firewall.77256/
Relevancy 49.88%

im playing wc3 and i create a custom game where im the host and nobody joins and someone told me i need to disable my routers firewall how do i do this?

i use a----> Speedtouch 530 Adsl 500 series
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-your-routers-firewall.621964/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have been infected by a virus that was always running a file called updater in programfiles AVAST UPDATE I don't have avast installed I have been able to remove this file with a malware removal tool but I still have some issues the firewall service is always shutdown few seconds after windows xp boot Could you help me to find what's wrong I have attached a Hijackthis log Many thanks that my firewall Virus disable for your help StanLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP Virus that disable my firewall WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec drivers audio r stacsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched Virus that disable my firewall exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC Program Files FileZilla Server FileZilla Server exeC PROGRA FICHIE France Telecom Shared Modules FTRTSVC FTRTSVC exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Syslogd Syslogd Service exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system vmnat exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exeC WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system AESTFltr exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS OA Mon exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeC Program Files Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRSPremiumSoundBig Small exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC shared download HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com USREL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www live comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google fr R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com content default l fr amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com content default l fr amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http g uk msn com USREL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName LiensR - URLSearchHook no name - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - C Program Files pdfforge Toolbar SearchSettings dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Fichiers communs Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Fichiers communs Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO pdffor... Read more

A:Virus that disable my firewall

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280463/virus-that-disable-my-firewall/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am a LONG time quot user quot of computers First one back in the early 's in a clean room and we had to wear white coats and go through an air lock to even get TO the computer However like my vehicles I have never learned how they work I just want to stick the key in the ignition turn it and have the blooming thing start Same with the computer I push the quot on quot button and expect miracles Yesterday some screen popped up and told me I needed to install Java to have a game I wanted to play work In walking through this process Java tells me I have to temporarily disable my firewall Well now what I am getting ready to scream Back in the days of the huge room sized computer I had a sign that showed the Road Runner wild eyed and crazed with a large sledge hammer in firewall temporarily Disable the ready position The Disable firewall temporarily title HIT ANY KEY TO CONTINUE I am near that Can anyone help me with what apparently are now TWO problems How to temporarily disable the firewall and then to download Java Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Katie

A:Disable firewall temporarily

Hello and welcome!! I moved your post from Intro's to here.We would need to know which firewall you are using to help you disable it. Or you can look trough here.How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware ProgramsBut this may be easier.........Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.[/color][/b] Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.Look for "JDK 6 Update 20 (JDK or JRE)".Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.Select your Platform: "Windows".Select your Language: "Multi-language".Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".Click Continue and the page will refresh.Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u20-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.-- Starting with Java 6u10, the uninstaller incorporated in each new release uses Enhanced Auto update to automatically remove the previous version when updating to a later update release. It will not remove older versions, so they will need to be removed manually.-- Java is updated frequently. If you want to be automatically notified of future updates, just turn on the Java Automatic Update feature and you will not have to remember to update when Java releases a new version.Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328626/disable-firewall-temporarily/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I'm helping my grandmother over the phone, and she needs to know how to disable norton firewall on a Win 98 PC, recent version (2004 or 2005). Thanks!

A:Disable Firewall on Norton?

Does this help? http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-firewall-on-norton.408395/
Relevancy 49.88%

Sorry this was suppose to go in the MOBO's forum!!!!

Is there a way to disable the onboard firewall, for the ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe and DFI LANparty SLI DR?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-onboard-firewall.28557/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a befsr41 model linksys router set up for getting two comps on the net with cable and wanted to know if theres any way i can completely get rid of the firewall it has built into it.theres to much problems with creating games in WCIII and sharing files.
thanks for any help or info you may have

A:can you disable a routers firewall?

Your gonna have to pay for 2 IP's if you remove the router (also you will need to check with your broadband company they may even riequire a totally seperate modem setup on the second computer). If you hook up a switch or a hub then you need to have the 2 IP's so they can both be online. Its that NAT firewall that is allowing you to "share" the internet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-disable-a-routers-firewall.356389/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Norton AntiVirus on my Dell 8000 using Windows XP.
I have been using ZoneAlaarm Firewall and know that it is interfering with and causing LOTS of problems.
So, I want to uninstall ZoneAlarm and replace it with Norton's Firewall 2002.
The manual says I should uninstall ZA and, close all Windows programs. Ques: to install new firewall, should I and if I should, what is the best way to turn off the Norton AntiVirus.
Someone told me that to avoid all this, sometimes it is best just to install in "safe mode". I do not know anything about this and, if it is applicable?...... thank you, ..... missfuffy

A:disable NAV to install firewall

Several thoughts occur to me.

First, anything's possible, but ZoneAlarm is a good product and I have heard few complaints about it. I run ZAF (the freebie) and NAV (V7-CorpEd) together on the box I am using right now and have never had any problem/conflict. But I also run W2K - a real OS - instead of XP. But in any case - you may be better off in the long run trying to identify and solve whatever problem exists instead of hoping that some other product will fix the problem(s).

Second, you need to give the name/version of the Norton product you are using - there are several NAV's which work differently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-nav-to-install-firewall.107140/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello

I have the quite new Evga 780i MoBo installed to my right, but what I didn't know was that it installed a firewall when I was installing drivers

Anyone know how to disable this little thingy?

Thänk you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-the-nvidia-firewall.704333/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,
Sys Specs::
Antivirus Software: Avast 4.7 Free edition
Firewall: Comodo Firewall
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz 400 Mhz FSB
Ram: 1 Gb DDR RAM @ 400 Mhz
Storage: 40 Gb Seagate @ 7200 rpm
Video Card: 64 mb onboard Intel 845g
Power Supply: Powersafe 400w

As you can see,I use onboard graphics.So I really need to free up PC resources to get decent FPS in games.Is it a safe practice to disable AV and firewall while playing games??

A:Is It Safe To Disable Firewall And Av?

Is it a safe practice to disable AV and firewall while playing games??I say it is never safe to disable your firewall while connected to the internet. This is because the incoming/outcoming internet information that can comprimise your computer can still be sent whilst connected.The same thing goes for AVs. You never know, depending on the type of game your playing you may receive a virus or other malware that isn't good for your computer either.You could try making it so that nothing else besides the AV, firewall and the game runs. Avs and firewalls shouldnt take up that much computer resources anyway.Thats my opinion anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110868/is-it-safe-to-disable-firewall-and-av/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

is there a way to disable the firewall via the registry?

Jvuz

A:Disable firewall via registry

Any reason why you want is disabled via registry and not the control panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/128571-disable-firewall-via-registry.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am running Windows XP SP3 and can not disable a Firewall running on my PC.

I have disabled Windows Firewall but when I open Security Center it still says a Firewall is on. I uninstalled my Virus protection program (Norton Anti-virus) and disabled Windows Firewall (using the Control Panel and services.msc and msconfig) but to no avail Security Center still says a Firewall is running. I know of no other Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, or Firewall programs being installed or running on my PC.

Any suggestions on how to determine what Firewall is running or how to disable?

Whatever is running is preventing me to access files on PC on a wireless network (using a D-LINK DSM-520).

Thanks in advance. I am at a loss.

Relevancy 49.88%

Windows Firewall XP Home prevents me from accessing a secured https page within my website's cpanel.
I tried to disable it but even if I click "disable" it still stays enabled in security center and I still cannot access the https page, which times out after a few tries.

Can anybody help please ?

Thanks so much

Morwenna

A:How to disable Firewall XP Home?

Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services.

If it turns out not to be the firewall, try adding the site to your Trusted Sites in Internet Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-firewall-xp-home.709330/
Relevancy 49.88%

I got this brand new top of the line computer and its got the MS security center in the system tray. I want to completely disable the firewall(regardless of what anyone may advise).
The problem is that it seems kinda stubborn. I keep getting notices asking me if I want to allow an application to have access. So i right click security center, click open it, then I see that it says firewall is ON (little green light thing) SO at the bottom I click firewall so I can change it to off and after checking OFF, I go back and the green light still says the firewall is ON. I also still cant access my computer as I would be able to if it were actually off. How do I just get rid of this dam firewall?

Thanks.

A:Disable the firewall(seems stubborn)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/icf.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-the-firewall-seems-stubborn.309888/