Windows Support Forum

Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07

Q: Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07

Hi All Well I finally was able to get my Office to install and work and now I have come to another Hurdle First let me tell you that this version of office is the Enterprise Edition of Office It was given to me with my companies permission to install on my home PC as I do a lot of work from home the reason I tell you Up Prob Outlook in 07 Account Setting Email this is because I am not sure if the Ent Edition is diferent in Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07 any Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07 way So my new problem is that when I try to set up my email accounts in Outlook I go into Tools Account Settings then New under the email tab I then get an quot Auto Account Setup quot Page with a quot Manually configure server settings quot Checkbox option at the bottom So When I try to use Auto setup and input my email account settings it fails to create the account so then when I check the box to manually configure and hit next it opens a quot Choose E-mail Service quot page that has options with radiel buttons The first being quot Internet Email quot pop imap etc the second is quot Microsoft Exchange quot and the third is quot Other quot My problem is the only option it will let me choose is Microsoft Exchange and the other two are Greyed Out and unselectable BTW I am currently using Windows Live Mail for my default email client in case this has any bearing on my problem Thanks in advance for your help Mike

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07

I found this but I don't have the registry keys listed and I am using Enterprise Edition also. Maybe the keys only show up if the customized config file is used. Worth a shot.

Outlook 2007 – Internet email option greyed out

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/60866-setting-up-email-account-prob-outlook-07-a.html
Relevancy 24.51%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 24.51%

Okay so I am starting this thread here seeing as how Clock and A10-6800K AMD Motherboard Wrong Setting Voltages Speeds the topic of the old one no longer applies to this situation I jumped ahead of myself trying to overclock this CPU which made me question the frequencies and voltages which are supposed to be set automatically by the motherboard I am having a tough time understanding all this I will post links to the exact AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds parts I am AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds using so whoever is keen enough to try to help will know what we re dealing with Motherboard MSI A X-G Gaming CPU AMD A - K Richland GHz Turbo Black Edition RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR MHz PC V CPU-Z Screenshots After doing some AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds reading in regards to overclocking I have found out some details which are totally incorrect in my case For starters the FSB to DRAM Frequency Ratio from what I read is supposed to be some reported slightly higher ratios or something similar but CPUZ is showing which sounds absurd Also it s reporting the RAM as PC - at MHz and voltage at I haev Intel XMP enabled on the motherboard and the motherboard reports memory speed in BIOS at DDR- MHz Can someone analyze the above shot and information and clue me in as to what is wrong and what needs to be done I would really appreciate it because I am baffled I have no clue what the CPU-NB frequency and voltages are for so I don t want to mess with something I don t know anything about Anyway any and all help is much appreciated as always nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds

Go into the BIOS and change the DRAM voltage to 1.60 or 1.65V and set the timing as u see XMP-2132

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-motherboard-setting-wrong-voltages-and-clock-speeds.208183/
Relevancy 22.36%

This call for help is apply to any one could provide help about the jmb363 jumpers setting combination to make the 2 internal sata and 2 external e-sata work at the same time , THANK YOU
AND HERE IS THE LINK FOR MY JUMPER : http://sam-2014.weebly.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jmb363-jumpers-setting-pci-express-sata-e-sata-ide-card.206627/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

Quick question and I believe the answer is NO. If you have a PC with one drive where OS is already running and configured, can you add another identical drive and configure RAID 1 without having to reinstall or reformat anything?

Thanks

A:Setting up RAID 1 on already running OS drive

Hey there, pioneerx01!

Unfortunately, you can't convert a single drive into a RAID array without data loss. At least one sector will be overwritten, which will cause problems because the file system and partition information will not be correct anymore. This will lead to a lot of annoying notifications and very unpleasant problems.
However, I believe there's a chance to create RAID arrays while keeping the data but I'd strongly advise against it.
The best way to deal with this is the safe way - back up your data and properly create the RAID 1 array.

Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-raid-1-on-already-running-os-drive.205730/
Relevancy 25.37%

OK I am trying to set up a 6 monitor eyefinity setup using two r9 290x GPU. I want to cross fire the GPU s and then plug 3 of the monitors into 3 of the 4 ports that are on the GPU and then plug the other 3 in via a port hub utilizing the last plug in on the gpu. My knowledge is limited so I have questions regarding this method. For one would this even work? 2. Would I be able to max out most games using this method? 3. Is there an easier way to do this?

A:Setting up a 6 monitor gaming rig

Scooby Dude said:

OK I am trying to set up a 6 monitor eyefinity setup using two r9 290x GPU. I want to cross fire the GPU s and then plug 3 of the monitors into 3 of the 4 ports that are on the GPU and then plug the other 3 in via a port hub utilizing the last plug in on the gpu. My knowledge is limited so I have questions regarding this method. For one would this even work? 2. Would I be able to max out most games using this method? 3. Is there an easier way to do this?Click to expand...

Let me put it this way, it can work as stated on AMD's website using a multi DP output hub.

To answer the second question though is a no you would not most likely be able to max out most games in this methodology. You will probably be able to run a game like Tomb Raider for instance at high settings but maxing out with 6 displays is pushing it.

The easiest way to do this is the only way...Basically buy the 3 way DP hub, hook up your monitors with adapters to whatever output method your choosing, then hookup the rest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-6-monitor-gaming-rig.204934/
Relevancy 25.8%

Im on portforward.com looking for Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem Model SB5101 from this list
SBG1000

SBG6580

SBG6782-AC

SBG900

SBG901

SBG941

SVG1501ES

SVG2501
Which one of these models will access my modem to open up a port for u Torrent?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-portforwarding.199847/
Relevancy 24.94%

A colleague at work would like to set up either a SHN or a SBN. What is the best way to go about this? Would it be best to be safe to be cloud based? What equipment is needed etc...?

This will take some discussing, so please ask any questions you need. The intention would be for two/three people to access the information on the network initially. A printer will be shared on the network, allowing scan to email. Laptops would be used to access the network from external sites, this is why I'm thinking of going the cloud based route, so they can log on and access the server from anywhere in the world...

Any help/guidance is appreciated.
Thank You!

A:Setting up a small home/business network

Yes, you can consider the Cloud as a solution for access, BUT . . .
it also brings with it issues like:

security
privacy
backup
ownership
You should start reading about these issues before committing to this solution.

One alternative would be a NAS device connected to your router. Putting your modem, router and NAS on a UPS power system would allow (with proper configuration) external access and you have total control, of all of the issues above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-home-business-network.198198/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am pretty much a novice with regards to networking. We recently built a new house and have wired it with cat 5e wire. I want to share my windstream internet connection over the network as well as be able to share files and use a drobo storage unit. I have a windstream router an a gigabit network switch. Will connecting a direct wire from the modem to the switch allow all the computers to gain access to the internet.

A:Setting Up a Gigabit Network

Correct - - everything attach to the router or a switch hung off of it will be "in the same subnet" as there is only one router. Wifi and wired will look the same to all users and everyone can "play" at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-gigabit-network.193543/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all,

I need help to set up fans because I'm new with this. My motherboard is Biostar a780l3l and has a SYS_FAN1. Do I put one fan there? Do I need just one fan or more? My case has 3 spots to put fans on, 2 on the side and one from behind.
Or do I put one fan in the motherboard and other 2 in the PSU?
If I only need one fan do I put it in the motherboard or PSU?
I'll upload my dxdiag just in case.

A:Help with setting up Fans

It does not really matter how or where you hook fans up unless you want to be able to control the speeds via the motherboard or if the fans have built in fan controllers (Like switches on them for high and low).

The only spot you definintly need hooked up (Unless your using a fan controller) is the CPU fan one since im assuming your not using a fan controller. IMO, you should hook up to the motherboard because the system will decide on fan speeds for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-setting-up-fans.193720/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need QoS setting help Need to a set router help Need help to set a router QoS setting in order to set QoS settings for an specific application It s an online game which I have ports protocols server ip s and any other information about it but I dunno how to work with my old router I found a page named IP QoS in my Router config menu bu t I dunno how t o work with it I will explain the fields and entries so you may have an idea Options I can choose are seprated by IP QoS Entries in this table are used to assign the precedence for each incoming packet based on specified policy Config Procedure set traffic rule assign the precedence or add marker for different stream IP QoS disable Need help to set a router QoS setting enable QoS Policy stream based p based DSCP based Schedule Mode strict prior WFQ Add QoS Rule Src IP ENTRY BOX Src Mask ENTRY BOX Dest IP ENTRY BOX Dest Mask ENTRY BOX Src Port ENTRY BOX Dest Port ENTRY BOX Protocol TCP UDP ICMP Phy Port LAN LAN LAN LAN WLAN WLAN-VAP WLAN-VAP WLAN-VAP WLAN-VAP set priority p Lowest p p p Highest insert or modify QoS mark Markable so If I mark it these options will appear IP Precedence IP ToS Normal Service Minimize Cost Maximize Reliability Maximize Throughput Minimize Delay p nbsp

A:Need help to set a router QoS setting

I found that when I set the QoS policy, to 802.1p based or DSCP based some other settings will appear
802.1p Set

this page is used to config 802.1p priority. 802.1p rule list
For each row I can choose any of its following choices

802.1p rule list:

0---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
1 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
2 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
3 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
4 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
5 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
6 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)
7 ---> p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)

DSCP Set

this page is used to config dscp priority.

DSCP tag: (ENTRY BOX) (0-63)
Transmit Prior: p3(lowest) p2 p1 p0(highest)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-set-a-router-qos-setting.193265/
Relevancy 25.37%

I just moved to an area where high speed internet is unavailable I ve been using my phone and tethering the data for internet so far which was been working fine However I have been wanted to use my wireless printer without having to go to the room it is in and plugging into it directly I m pretty good with computers but networking somtimes gets me Setting network an up offline wireless pretty confused What I want to do is have a wireless network that I can use to connect to my printer which supports wifi printing but that network doesn t need to Setting up an offline wireless network be online since my only source of internet is my phone I thought I could just set up a network like normal but not supply it with internet but unfortunetly when I connect to this network even though I am still connected to my other quot network quot I can t use the internet Is there any way to solve this problem Hopefully I am Setting up an offline wireless network clear and someone will understand my problem Let me know if you have any other questions and I ll do my best to answer them Thanks nbsp

A:Setting up an offline wireless network

Before you leap into using your cell as an Internet connection,
make sure you understand the charges for DATA for your cell phone provider - -
it can be 100s of dollars per hour!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-an-offline-wireless-network.156447/
Relevancy 24.94%

My fullscreen monitor died and I had to buy a monitor new on trouble resolution Having setting widescreen new monitor which unfortunately ended up being a widescreen because it s all that s available now Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor Now I m having trouble setting the resolution on it The resolution I ve been using on my fullscreen monitor was x and the way things looked at this res was PERFECT for me The resolution itself looks OK on the widescreen apart from all objects appearing stretched since that resolution is really for a fullscreen ratio Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor So I increased the resolution but no Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor matter which setting I choose everything looks somewhat blurry This goes for pretty much all the ones available x x x x x x x It s not until I get to the absolute highest resolution x where things appear sharp and also in porportion Unfortunately everything on the screen is waaaaay too small I know I can increase the size of icons fonts etc but everything else appears too small too like images functions inside software etc So I set the resolution back to x where everything appears in the size I like them and I was going to change the screen size on the monitors OSD settings shrinking the screen horizontally which I imagined would give me accurate porportions I don t mind that I would get two black bars on the sides if that is what it takes but when I try the OSD system ironically skips over the size position settings go figure the highlight just literally just jumps from Brightness down to Color settings all the ones having to do with screen size and position are greyed out So please can someone help me out I want - Things to appear in their accurate porportions - Be the same size as they are in x resolution That goes for EVERYTHING not just fonts and icons for example I want movies to play in that resolution I want pictures to be displayed that large when I open them and so on if the only way to do this on a widescreen monitor is by having black bars on the sides then so be it just tell me how I can get to those settings since they re not selectable on my new Dell monitor Please try to stick to helping me on what my dilemma is not ask quot why do you want to do that quot etc This is the resolution I am used to and I can t work as efficiently in this horrible x setting when everything is so tiny I would really appriciate any tips Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor

Hmm; focus on getting the SYSTEM to display correctly first and then fuss with videos last.

My laptop is running at 1366-768 (recommended) for my wide screen display. I would presume your list of resolutions shown do not include 1366-768 (that's dependent upon the video driver + the monitor), so first attempt to get an updated driver for your video adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-setting-resolution-on-new-widescreen-monitor.191691/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 25.37%

Interesting question: I'm a PC tech that often provides on-site service. Sometimes I need to hook up two PC's at once but the customer only has one monitor.

I have a portable 7" digital TV. Very handy. It sure would be great if I could bring it with me on jobs and hook a PC up to it. Using an adapter, I can plug a VGA cable into the 1/4" "Video In" plug on the side, but the resolution is only 480x234 and I don't think Windows can support such a low resolution natively.

Anyone know of a way I can make this idea work?

A:Setting a custom res for tiny monitor?

I have tried it before with a monitor in a vehicle...same idea like yours. no success.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-a-custom-res-for-tiny-monitor.189643/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey all, been a while since I last built a system, and never done one with an SSD.

I'm assuming the SSD is basically my C drive where I will install the OS, plus any games I want to run quickly, then everything else on my D drive (just a regular HDD).

Sound about right?

A:First time setting up an SSD drive

Right. and don't forget to turn off some things like defragmentation, indexing and prefetch in windows. those are designed for hdd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-setting-up-an-ssd-drive.188558/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, I think I'm experiencing a NAT networking problem, as most games I play complain that my NAT is moderate, or sometimes strict. I've researched this and found out it may be a Double NAT problem.

I've also researched two solutions for this: Disable NAT and DCHP on either the modem or router, or set up a PPPoE connection between the two. Can someone tell me which one is the easiest to do and how to do it?

Router: Linksys E3200 w/ Cisco

Modem: Motorola SB5102

Other Info: This IS a broadband connection, and I believe it is a DSL or Cable setup. I also know how to access the router settings, and how to disable NAT and DCHP. However, I do not know how to connect to the modem (I do know the default IP for it) and don't know how to perform a PPPoE connection, as this would be my first time.

A:Setting up a PPPoE connection between router & modem

PPPoE is for DSL connections... Go to the router and modem websites and download the instructions from there. It will explain how to connect and access the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-pppoe-connection-between-router-modem.188378/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a 16gb (4x4gb) kit of GSKill Ripjaws Z arriving tomorrow and need to enter the timings manually for them to work properly on my P9X79 Pro motherboard. How do I go about doing this?

The kit is rated for 1.50v at 9-9-9-24. Do I have to enter correct BCLCK and CPU ratio values, as well? Pretty much everything is on auto default right now with my DDR3 1333 RAM kit.

I've attached a snapshot. I'm not sure it'll help, but then this is just about all I know of the BIOS. I'm a total noob and haven't done much exploration. Here's some info on the RAM kit:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=427&c1=1&c2=3.

Can anyone out there please help me?

A:Help setting RAM timings on mobo

Under "memory frequency" you should see a list of speeds you can select, these correspond to the various FSB/RAM ratios. Pick the one that's suitable for your RAM. If you scroll down you should see the DRAM voltage and timings, just type in the values.

Not sure about SB-E but for SB the BCLK doesn't budge... not even by a few Mhz so you're better off leaving that alone at 100Mhz and using the CPU multiplier to overclock that 3930K. So to run your RAM at its rated 1600Mhz your FSB/RAM ratio would be 1:16.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-ram-timings-on-mobo.180917/
Relevancy 24.94%

hey all,

I've decided on upgrading to a water cooling system for my CPU, and two GPU's (most probably a set of 680's), curently have two 560 Ti's, and a i5-2500k CPU

I'm not sure a dual loop is the best solution or a single loop with two radiators and a decent pump. EKWB have some pretty decent stuff so I'll be getting most components from them.
I've done a quick picture of the setup I was thinking of for a single loop. I'll be setting it up in either a Corsair 800d or 650d case, with the 800d obviously having different radiators.

Anyone know if this is a good way to go for a setup like this?

Thanks

A:Help needed setting up a water cooling loop

You need a pump with a good amount of head pressure for a single loop of this kind.

Oh and larger rad for gpus pls. Other than that this setup is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-setting-up-a-water-cooling-loop.179241/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi All I have a got a very simple query for the experts here as I am not much into networking field My requirement - Personal web server - some laptops PC I have a router modem that terminates my internet connection and my webserver is connected to it and I network up home a Setting want to use my PCs but don t want to directly connect them to the router ports as there are only ports So I am planning to use a port switch for a LAN among my PCs i e I want to connect the switch to the router Setting up a home network and want to connect all the PCs to the switch I am planning to use a gigabit switch so that my lan network is fast and would use Cat cables or would cat e would be ok for me I reuire good transfer rate among the PCs I just want to know in simple steps what all key configuration I would have to do to setup such a network or if there are any tutorial or site for details about this would be good for me Any suggestions would be gr as I have been trying to get some info about this on net and found this forum useful Cheers Hungry Mind nbsp

A:Setting up a home network

trival buddy.

Code:

modem=====router-----Web Server
|
switch
| | | |
(x) PC systems

To ensure all PCs see the webserver at the same address (regardless of the boot sequence),
give the webserver a static IP address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-home-network.171568/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all!
I need advice on the easiest setup for our new home in Fla.
Cable company in Comcast and phone is AT&T.

We will have cable for the TV's and use the phone line for a DSL connection, because it's alot cheaper.

Keep in mind this is a weekend vacation home.

I currently have a laptop, but I will be purchasing a I-Pad because we only really use the web for casual browsing, downloading boarding passes for airlines and making restuarant and golf reservations.

I would like to do wi-fi. I am a total noob at this wi-fi stuff. I'd like to be able to use the I-pad anywhere in/outside the house rather than hard wiring it, like my current computer.

So....what do you all suggest?
thanks in advance for any help!!!
jeff

A:Setting up for a new home..

Your phone company can help you with this... You need a Wireless DSL router, that's all, and follow the setup instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-for-a-new-home.172125/
Relevancy 25.8%

my fan speed is not displayed in BIOS
and i cannot my save my configurations
my motherboard is DG33TL Intel Motherboard

A:About BIOS setting

have u tried pressing F10 to save it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-bios-setting.170061/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello all I ve got a couple more disks on order now and plan to RAID identical Samsung TB Spinpoint F s in RAID Mirror rather than continually worry about data backups But having been looking at my options I m not sure if a more secure idea would be RAID Having had a clean up on the disk I m now using about GB of its capacity and its mainly documents pictures home regarding up RAID I'm after of it a and advice bit please setting movies and other stuff I do not want to risk losing due to disk failure Currently I m only backing up the most sentimental of files onto DVD D L s and its costing me a fortune in discs haha My new build will be using a Asus M A L LE AM motherboard with x SATA II ports My motherboard manual states my motherboard supports I'm after a bit of advice regarding RAID and setting it up please RAID and JBOD I have the following disks to use x GB Kingston SSD for Windows x TB Samsung Spinpoint F to use as a data disk for software installs and games in W x TB Samsung Spinpoint F for documents pictures data etc x WD Blue GB For Linux - Will be replacing with a SSD shortly x SATA DVD R W drive The user manual suggests I should install and use the web browser control panel for managing my RAID devices just the x Spinpoint F s but I m not sure its necessary So I have a few questions I need clarification on please Is the AMD RAIDxpert utility that runs in the web browser really neccessary or a good idea to use I plan to install my OS s to non-RAID SSD s W and linux on sep disks so do I still need to set the SATA controller in BIOS to RAID Will the on-board RAID function on my new motherboard actually be a good idea or is a dedicated RAID card wiser I plan to use the two RAID disks as NTFS so I can access them in Linux and W I presume this will work fine given that they re RAID Is there anything I need to be aware of given that I m new to RAID devices I presume all of my data will need moving to another disk in order to setup RAID and initialise it Just to clarify the x Spinpoint F s will be the only RAID disks and are purely for storage and not for either OS installation or any software they would need to have installed If it is recommended I use a RAID card I have spare PCI and PCI-Ex x slots but would appreciate recommendations that don t cost an absolute fortune as I wouldn t know what to choose if I m honest Thanks in advice guys and girls Leeky P S I ve uploaded the AMD RAIDxpert user manual here PDF in case anyone needs to read it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-after-a-bit-of-advice-regarding-raid-and-setting-it-up-please.168909/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have windows 7 starter. I have Realtek High Definition Audio. When I try to set it up my Mic and messed up. Now it does not show I have the ability to set up mic. It erased my mic abilities. How can I change this? All I did is put it to disable mic. Now it will not allow to enable it. Because when I unplug the mic/headset it screached through my speaker.

A:Problem setting up mic

Have you tried to reinstall your audio drivers from the OEM website yet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-setting-up-mic.166584/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am trying to set up a wireless network using belkin ASDL modem with wireless G router.

In the configuration stage it tells me that for the computer to properly communicate with the router, the computers networl ''TCP/IP/Ethernet setting needs to be obtain an IP address automatically using DHCP.. Where do I set this?

It also says for PPPoE and PPPoA users: VPI/VCI numbers, user name and password
For fixed IP users: IP address and subnet, IP adress for your ISPS gateway server and DNS. I don't know which one I am, I am on talk talk.

A:Setting up wireless - where do I get following information?

What windows are you using?

Go to run: cmd, and then type ipconfig

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-wireless-where-do-i-get-following-information.166466/
Relevancy 25.8%

I just setting Need HDD help up external bought Seagate GoFlex TB External HDD When I plugged it it shows Folders Need help setting up external HDD named Seagate amp USB PC Card Adapter It also has Autorun MacInstaller dmg amp Setup icons I have never used such a HDD amp don t know how to set it up This is what I want to do amp you guys can tell me how to go about it I want to make Parttions I want to install Win- in one GB partition back up my data in second GB partition amp put all Multimedia files in rd leftover Partition Can I just delete all the above mentioned files amp folders it came with Do I need them OR can I just cut them out paste it in another main HDD amp then proceed with what I want to do with plain blank TB HDD I know how to Partition amp install Windows- on an internal HDD but never used such an external HDD Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Need help setting up external HDD

Partitions on an external HDD

Hi. The Seagate software already on the drive will ask you to register it with them, you don't have to, of course.
To create the partitions you want, you can use the free version of 'Partition manager' by 'Easus';- see... http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-external-hdd.165744/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have two Intel X -M solid state disks GB that I want to stripe and use as my OS drive I have the Asus P T motherboard with ICH R and support for RAID and My problem is I need to clone my OS partition with True Image and copy the volume to the striped drives Here s the catch my OS is already on one of the X s and I will need to use an X -V as a temp boot drive in order to stripe the two drives and still RAID w/ configuration 0 SSDs setting Help be able to use Windows for cloning I also have or other SATA drives that I do NOT want to be configured in RAID So I guess my question is will the striped SSD s take the cloned partition or will I Help setting RAID 0 configuration w/ SSDs encounter issues coming from a single drive I don t have a ton of experience with RAID but I haven t had any problems either but I want to play it safe Any help would be helpful I m sure there is someone on here with much more knowledge on this matter Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Help setting RAID 0 configuration w/ SSDs

EXCellR8 said:

I have two Intel X25-M solid state disks (80GB) that I want to stripe and use as my OS drive.Click to expand...

DON'T - - Even Microsoft does not like that option - - the boot drive should not be Raid-X says MS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-raid-0-configuration-w-ssds.163523/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 25.37%
A:Celeron e1200 weird setting changes

Hi,
I guess yo bios needs upgrading to be able to read you processor speeds.
Try that, but make sure u get the software from the manufacturer's website...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/celeron-e1200-weird-setting-changes.161607/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi there.

Need some help as am learning how to fix things.

Am trying to restablish an older computer after its original motherboard had problems. I purchased a 2nd hand board (details below), and am having problems with its display. Fans are spinning, power is working etc, but no visual response. No beeping can be heard.

I havent bothered putting in the hard drive yet, its blank, and unused anyway, and im trying to establish whether the basics will work. E.g. Booting into BIOS options.

The screen does not respond, and I have now tried 3 different screens to double check. The Motherboard has built in graphics, so to test if the built in card is shagged, I plugged a working graphics card in and still nothing.

Any tips?

CPU - AMD Anthlon 64bit
MB - MSI K9NBPM2-FID (contains inbuilt Graphics card)
GC - Geoforce 7600 GT
RAM - DDR 2

A:No display when setting up older computer

So you are trying to test your pc in a basic state, to prove the motherboard is stable.
If the m'board has built-in (integrated) graphics, normally a good guide to that, is the blue VGA socket on the board. To be sure the pc is using that output, the usual way is to;
1) Enable integrated graphic option in the BIOS, and;
2) Remove any graphic cards from either AGP or PCI-E slots.
That should force the pc to use the integrated graphics, via the VGA socket.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-when-setting-up-older-computer.161410/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone As some will know I recently did a small upgrade to the computer and moved over to an Asus Maximus Extreme motherboard so I could upgrade to GB DDR RAM At the same time I also replaced my display for an HD one speakers fitted a GTX replaced my keyboard mouse and got a new headset The headset is a Ozone Attack which is just a budget one but seemed worth trying to see if I get on with using one or not gt gt gt It would also be nice to chat to everyone during our Friday Fragfests haha However for some unknown reason the mic just doesn t work ever The speakers work up headset setting mic for problems having I'm absolutely fine though as I ve been using it the last couple of days without an issue Regardless of whether I plug it in the keyboard the speaker front the front panel of the tower or the rear panel of the XFI sound card it just doesn t want to work whatsoever - It doesn t even recognise its been plugged into one of the jacks either Windows detects I'm having problems setting up mic for headset my Microsoft LifeCam absolutely fine and even configures the mic for that as well sorry Fraggers didn t realise it had one til an hour ago and it works fine but I don t get anything from this one I ve tested it on two laptops and they re both worked fine and the mic works as it should on them but it just refuses to even do anything on my PC Any ideas on how to troubleshoot the problem as its doing my head in now Below is the current view for Sounds gt gt Recording menu I'm having problems setting up mic for headset - I ve added the locations they refer to as well and I ve tried all of them - Its just not quot sensing quot when the mic is plugged in for some reason I m at a loss tbh so any help would be gratefully recieved nbsp

A:I'm having problems setting up mic for headset

Hi, that is a dead mic..
May be because it disconnected its self or u some how stretched to its limits without know...
so just get youself a new set...
Sorry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-having-problems-setting-up-mic-for-headset.161021/
Relevancy 24.51%

My internet was working fine, i thought it was the cat5 cable came loose but no cause i can connect on the network and transfer files and what things.. my other computer connects to the internet just fine..

I use firefox and my proxy settings were changed, so under configure proxies to access the internet, i checked No proxy, since that is the default option when i don't use a proxy but after clicking ok, ok and restarting

Nothing changed and now I don't know what to do to restore the connection.

A:Internet not working and I've tried to reset original no proxy setting

I'm going to have this moved to the Storage and Networking forum where your previous thread was posted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-not-working-and-ive-tried-to-reset-original-no-proxy-setting.159680/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok so his power turned off randomly in his house because of some faulty kitchen appliance.

His computer started in safe mode and he thought it was broken so he started messing with services/startup.

Now he has no internet because in the network connections folder it says windows can't display any adapters and he doesn't know what he's done.

His internet in the house is still working because he has access on his blackberry it's just purely the access on his computer.

I'm nowhere near him and I'm on W7 not XP like he is and I can't really fix his problem but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what he might have done?

In services I told him to check that Network Connections 'Netman' service was on but don't know what else to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys!

A:Friend's Internet failed - possible setting in Windows?

Try System Restore to a point before the power problem. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the old LAN/NIC driver through Add or Remove Programs and installing a fresh new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/friends-internet-failed-possible-setting-in-windows.158972/
Relevancy 26.23%

May i know the following hardware can functioning well?

Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M
CPU : Intel Pentium Core i3 540
graphic card: ATI HD5450
PSU : Elite360 (400W)
RAM : 2 GB of DDR3

A:Setting up a new PC

The mobo, CPU, and graphics card should all work well together.

For the mobo though, I think you should consider getting one with UBS 3.0 built in to speed up doing quick USB backups and other USB functrions.

The HD5450 is a good HTPC card for its price range and is recommended at that price here:
http://www.upgradevideocards.com/nongaming.html
But note its poor performance for gaming - even for light gaming. What are your intended uses?

The power supply I could find little about, but know it is not a strong brand. Power supplies are not a place to scrimp on a system - keep in mind that it is the electricity powering the whole system - like buying a nice car with a great style, a nice interior, good drive train and handling, then skimping on the engine.

400 watt is more than enough to power your system and allow for a little expansion later - but not a real serious gaming video card. This Antec Basiq BP430 430W at $30 after rebate would be acceptable:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371023

Although the Antec Earthwatts Green 430w at $45 after rebate would be better:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371034

Both will still allow only a limited video card upgrade later. They will allow a step up to a decent mainstream gaming card but not a powerful gaming card. To keep that option open you need to move up to a 500w or greater PSU.

For only a little more, $50 after rebate and $6 shipping, you could get this excellent 500w PSU:
CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-500CX 500W

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139018

For the memory, you need to identify the make and model to receive a review of it. Some DDR3 will work in your system and some will not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-new-pc.158276/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok in nutshell.. 4 computers on same workgroup, all running windows 7. A neighbor is connected on network as well, but I do not want the neighbor to see any of the files on the other 4 computers without preventing them from internet access. In addition, the 4 computers are part of a business and require file and print sharing. I'm a little confused as well- I thought that being on a separate workgroup would prevent neighbor from seeing the files, but for whatever reason they are showing up in network. What are some solutions? Many Thanks!

A:Setting up access restrictions for computers on same network

Make it where you have to use a user name and password to get into the shared folders. if you dont know how to do this, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\HomeGroup, click Advanced sharing settings and turn off Public Folder Sharing and turn on Password Protected Sharing. do this on all 4 of your computers that are part of the business.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-access-restrictions-for-computers-on-same-network.153833/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so i just bought setting on help wireless printer Need network up a samsung clx fw printer and i wanna add it to my network I have a router and a quot Main Computer quot and then i have laptops All computers have the printer drivers installed Currently i can wirelessly print everything from my laptops and the way my printer is setup currently is that it is connected to Need help setting up wireless printer on network the router via ethernet cable Therefore it is connected in infrastructure wireless mode if im not wrong The thing is that i wanna connect the printer to the router wirelessly because of the fact that ill move my printer to another room in the future To clarify laptops have windows and the other laptop and computer have xp Please don t ask tell me to set up using Ad Hoc because then i have to switch between networks just to print which seems stupid to me So far i have tried because its just so hard to get a printer connected wirelessly so please help accordingly thanks nbsp

A:Need help setting up wireless printer on network

ad-hoc is NOT the approach so you are find :wave:

WiFi printers can be difficult - - you need the manual to do the setup.

From one of your EXISTING WiFi connections, you can get the SSID, Channel, and passphrase.

Typically, I've seen this done entirely from the printer end and the controls it offers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-wireless-printer-on-network.153351/
Relevancy 25.37%

I want to take my old computers Hard Drive and attach it to my new computer. Im curious as to how i should go about doing that. ive already gotten it off of my old computer. and im pretty sure i can figure out how to get it attached to my new computer. but im not sure how to set up the BIOS, slave/master thingy, and what im supposed to do with the jumper settings. any help will be greatly appreciated. o and my Hard Drive is an Enhanced IDE (called an EIDE right?)

A:Setting up second IDE hard drive

No need to mess with the BIOS, just the jumper.
Tell us more about the hardware (SATA, PATA).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-second-ide-hard-drive.152969/
Relevancy 29.67%

Gateway AJ2, one year old, battery hasn't charged for months. Can't get battery off. Someone said battery is sealed on tis model. Is that true?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-aj2-laptop-battery-prob.151316/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there I was kind of messing around with the video card today and before this I could turn the computer on easily with the graphics card inside it mind you it never worked into Motherboard to on setting computer Inability video turn after card but it turned on and I never took it off so I don t know abou that Yesterday I took off the video card for god knows Inability to turn on computer after setting video card into Motherboard why and put it back in I checked everything and it was all plugged in the video card locked in place and I plugged the power into it Tried turning on the computer and for no reason I could find the computer would not turn on I proceeded to take the video card off and it suddenly worked Did I mess up the video card somehow in the process I can t find anything that I did Inability to turn on computer after setting video card into Motherboard wrong P S I installed the video card drivers from their site thinking it would make the video card work and of course it didn t now I have an enlarged screen I know it Is probably the drivers doing this and I have to just uninstall them but how do I go about doing that P P S Computer isn t connected to the internet even though my phone can get it via wi-fi any help on that Sorry for the extra two questions much thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inability-to-turn-on-computer-after-setting-video-card-into-motherboard.151260/
Relevancy 25.37%

Tower pc connected to my tv Laptop connected to a CRT monitor but no outputs for any other display options and the display on the laptop is bad only see part of it so I set the display to just display the monitor and not the laptop screen connected with a mouse and my WD TB HD Question here is the tower takes up alot of power and my dad wants the tower to be off at some time this help KVM with up me switch, please, inside setting further explanation during the day KVM switch, help me with setting this up please, further explanation inside so I use the laptop to do my downloading and keep it on all night instead and use the tower which is connected to my TV to watch my movies tv shows I want my laptop and pc connected together so I just use one mouse and the one keyboard what is a good affordable KVM switch Also is there a way to also since the laptop only has a pin and once it is connected to a KVM switch to watch my movies tv on the tv with the pc tower off nbsp

A:KVM switch, help me with setting this up please, further explanation inside

Also I run a wireless mouse, usb and a keyboard that still uses whatever you call that plug but it is not USB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-help-me-with-setting-this-up-please-further-explanation-inside.146594/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone,

Today I was asked to setup a small network for a classroom. I need to network 4 computers and share a single printer. They also need Internet access (this is where it gets tricky for me).

I was thinking a simple switch would do the job (sharing the printer and networking the machines), but what about the Internet? A single UTP cable coming from another classroom brings the Internet here (this cable is connected to a 48-port switch, which is connected to a 2 wire modem/router provided by the ISP).

So do you think I could just use that cable, connect it to the switch and configure it to share the Internet? I hope I explained this good enough

Thanks =)

A:Setting up a wired sub-LAN

let's try to get a map of what you have:
Code:

isp --- modem/router---48port.switch-->classrooms
and one of the 48 comes to you, right?

you have ONE port on the switch, but need four systems to share it. That will require your
modem/router to support more that 48 connections, ie the DHCP service it provides needs more that 48 addresses.

The for-sure solution is to take
Code:

48port.switch-->your.classroom->new.router
this will isolate your classroom from the other 47 connections but still allow Internet connectivity.

Attach your printer to ONE of your four systems and use Print/File Sharing for your class use. (the other classrooms will not see you at all.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-wired-sub-lan.143417/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey there Last night my system froze amp when I rebooted I got this message quot Please re-setting CPU re-setting in Please frequency CMOS CPU frequency in CMOS quot I went into BIOS and made sure defaults were loaded then booted again At the Windows XP Please re-setting CPU frequency in CMOS welcome screen I got an odd window with only a warning icon and the quot yes quot or quot no quot buttons no text in the box Trying both yes amp no Please re-setting CPU frequency in CMOS upon different boot cycles I am able to get to my desktop and access programs normally for a few minutes however the computer still freezes regardless of clicking quot yes quot or quot no quot Not overclocked AMD fx socket in an ECS KN Extreme mobo I pulled the CMOS battery and replaced it with a new one I pulled a RAM to see if that would work nothing I tried setting the Halt option in BIOS to quot No errors quot didn t work The default CPU freq in BIOS is now set to and Vcor to Normal I am at a loss here and need help Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Please re-setting CPU frequency in CMOS

Any clue in the system logs if you have checked them? Also check if CPU may be overheating?

I remember there was a utility to check AMD CPU's stability but i forgot its name :/ and search has not turned out something of significance.

However, you can try AMD's official overdrive utility's Advanced stability tests to ensure that your CPU runs smoothly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-re-setting-cpu-frequency-in-cmos.141825/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I m CPU/AGP/DIMM setting running little confused circles at the moment on one hand I sent Gigabyte a note asking if my MB would support a yes it s old P MHz CPU and they said quot Thank you for your kindly mail and CPU/AGP/DIMM setting inquiry About the issue you mentioned according to the specification it can only support MHz FSB CPU/AGP/DIMM setting processor It does not support MHz quot OK approve Then when I go to their site amp download my system specification sheet down near the bottom it says CPU AGP DIMM setting CPU FSB Multiplier Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS AGP Voltage Clock adjustable via BIOS DIMM Voltage Clock adjustable via BIOS I have a GA- GE Pro MB yes I told you already OLD CPU currently P GHz Wanting to upgrade CPU price difference between P GHz amp P GHz with a larger BUS KB verses M only AUS Please Help I m not to worried about BIOS Flashing as MB has quot DUAL BIOS quot nbsp

A:CPU/AGP/DIMM setting

My apology, what was your question again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-agp-dimm-setting.138795/
Relevancy 25.37%

Let me explain up 360s Setting ICS xbox with my situation I have verizon fios which comes with an actiontec router I connect my laptop wirelessly to the router and use ics to connect xbox to it But now I got another so im trying to connect my laptop to the wireless router use ics Setting up xbox 360s with ICS to connect my laptop s lan port to another router and then connect the s to the lan ports of that router Im not entirely sure how to assign all the ip addresses but i will list the ones that i have so far The wireless router My laptops wireless adapter My laptops lan adapter I set the lan router to is that correct And i set it to have dhcp with the range of - Now can i just connect my laptop s ethernet port to the internet port of Setting up xbox 360s with ICS the lan router and then connect the s to it with dhcp enabled Any help on this would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-xbox-360s-with-ics.141162/
Relevancy 25.37%

I bought a set of Jamo A 102 5.1 speakers thinking that it would set up out of the box. I was unaware that I may need to buy something else to make them operate, but the manual is only pictures, probably to make up for multiple languages. I've tried searching for english manuals and different forums before coming here. The speakers uses the copper speaker wires which isn't included for some reason. The pictures on the manual seems to indicate that the speakers hooks up to some type of AV receiver. If possible, I would like the speakers to also work with my computer as well as my television set. I'm sure there's a way to do this. Is anyone familiar with this?

EDIT: I was able to find a reasonable solution to this problem on a different forum. I appreciate anyone's help who were willing to solve this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-sound-system.141049/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi there My laptop screen keeps going blank recently At first it seemed to be randomly going blank but Mobo - Screen VGA / Blank Prob? it s now going blank less than a minute after loading Windows When the screen goes blank Screen Blank - Mobo / VGA Prob? the laptop would not respond to any input at all both from the keyboard and Screen Blank - Mobo / VGA Prob? mouse Even an attempt to eject the DVD ROM tray Screen Blank - Mobo / VGA Prob? gives no response I don t think this is due to a problem with my Windows as sometimes the laptop couldn t even do a POST test due to the screen blank problem The power LED is on and hence I don t think there s any problem with my power supply I ve tried booting into Ubuntu Live CD but still encounter the same problem One of my colleague says it s the VGA graphic chipset problem perhaps Anyone can help me with this What s the actual problem with my laptop Specs - Processor Intel C D T - Graphic nVidia GeForce Go dedicated MB - Memory GB Kingston - OS Windows XP SP - Make Compal - Model GL nbsp

A:Screen Blank - Mobo / VGA Prob?

Specs for a laptop should also include Make and Model info

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-blank-mobo-vga-prob.140914/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
I have 2 PCs connected to the router ( Model is SMC 7904WBRA2 ) via Ethernet, would you plz instruct me how to set QoS to give 95% of bandwidth to first one ( 192.168.2.45 ) and 5% to second one ( 192.168.2.3 ) in all type of traffic.
Thanx in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-qos-in-smc-router.140736/
Relevancy 25.37%

ive never set one up, could someone tell me what i need ?

A:Need help setting up a LAN connection to play Starcraft

Takes more time, and requires more information and space than we have here. We would need to know a lot about your equipment and configuration.
Suggest you look online with a gurgle search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-lan-connection-to-play-starcraft.138841/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello there,
i want to ask why my pc restarts by itself when i run the ati radeon hd 2400 pro agp set up? It happens all the time... I think its the power supply but im not sure. I have already erased the Data from the HDDs and the problem continued...

A:PC restarts while setting up ATI drivers

You could need a new updated computer
AGP is really old now

Note: If you need tech support for your issue, please refer back to this reply: Click: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic138492.html#post820985

We were in the Chat & Socialize forum (no tech support in there )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-while-setting-up-ati-drivers.138493/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 25.37%

i have a SAMSUNG LE22B350 how do i set up a anolog audio surroundsound

thanks

A:I need help setting up my surround sound

I haven't looked at the system yet, which I'm about to look at, but my question is why not use digital? analog is all good, but with the sampling rates that digital provides now, you can actually get equal or even better sound quality now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-setting-up-my-surround-sound.138414/
Relevancy 30.53%

I took parts I had from a previous build and put them in a different case. Everything worked fine from it, but now it doesn't seem to want to work. When powered on, the cpu fan runs, the motherboard lights up, I can access the bios but it shows no hd or cdrom. The pc fan and cdrom show no signs of life. I have checked all the cables several times making sure they are connected correctly and not damaged, but they still don't seem to work. The cdrom worked the first couple boots, but after that nothing. All these parts worked together fine before so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Is it a power issue, the motherboard or just a dead drive?

A:PC Prob..

It may be a power issue. What are all the parts that are attached to your machine? If you have stuff that's relatively power hungry, a.k.a. a graphics card, high end processor...that sort of thing...then it's likely that the power supply that came with the tower you put it in isn't powerful enough to run everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-prob.137749/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 24.94%

Im having some problems sharing certain files to the network here on our office. The thing is when i try to share a folder it cant be spotted or viewed by anyone. I guess i dont share the folder properly. Its not only rightclicking on the folder and ticking in the share folder bars i presume? What else needs to be done?

A:Problems setting up folder on shared network

There's several variables the can come into play but let's just start here
1) Make sure all the computers are in the same workgroup
2) Make sure all the computers can "see" each other in "Windows Networking" (i.e. they are all "visible")

See this post
> Do step 1 to confirm each computer's workgroup
> Then jump to Testing Network Visibility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-setting-up-folder-on-shared-network.137302/
Relevancy 25.37%

Yesterday my computer was working fine. Before that I heard a grinding noise once in a long while but it went away. I left my computer on all night and when I woke up it was off. When I turned it on it said there was an error and gave me a black screen with a few options: Restart normally, restart in last known good configuration that worked, safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe more with command prompt. The problem is, no matter what I choose I goes to the windows XP start up screen and, after a second or two, stops and cuts off, restarting and giving me the options all over again. How do I fix this? What is wrong?

A:Computer won't boot up on any setting

You have given us so little information on the computer that we cannot give useful replies.

Howsabout brand, model, age, hard drive brand and age, memory installed, power supply brand and age.

Our basic observation is that your hard drive failed, or that the CPU fan, or power supply has gone to the happy hunting ground.

Please tell us more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-up-on-any-setting.135724/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys i have just bought a NAS on ebay with the following description right to my next issue now the pc is up and running i want to set up a NAS i bought off ebay it s a Envizage present this Brand new external USB and network attached NAS GB hard drive unit The drive is USB but also supports USB and comes pre-formatted and is ready for immediate use Just plug in turn on and you re done - these really are that simple to use Network set up is also easy with its own web based management application Supports both Static IP and DHCP address allocation Just connect to your router or wireless router and share files instantly on your network Alternatively connect the USB port to a PC and use solely on one machine If you are unsure about setting up the Sky help NAS on broadband up Setting drive on your network call us and we can guide you Setting up NAS on Sky broadband help through step by step Features Provides an instant share of photos videos music and data over your network using the built-in Network Setting up NAS on Sky broadband help Attached Storage NAS Easy configuration using the web based management application - no software required Built-in Samba server- for cross platform transfer amongst different operating systems Built-in NFS server- for native Linux platform Built-in FTP server to provide data transfer over the internet Easy installation support cost is low suitable for home or office networks Can be used as a standard USB device also USB Host enables transfer of files from USB devices such as memory flash drives Specification File Systems Supported FAT NTFS EXT Supports USB and USB USB Host Port Language support for English Arabic Greek Hebrew Thai Russian Chinese But i cannot get past the first stage where you have to go to http NAS it won t work i read somewhere it might because i am using a sky wireless modem sky provide my broadband i do have a spare netgear wireless router any ideas on how i can set all this up nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-nas-on-sky-broadband-help.135311/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,

I had tried to set affinity for RA1 on my XP. (yes I know, an old game, but still a fav)

Anyway, I set it to 1 cpu thread but now I think I would need to use both core (8600). But when I go into Task Manager - It is always now set to 1 cpu.

If I change this to 2 cpu, going back into the game - it freezes on me.. I cannot set this anymore back to normal dual core mode..

Anyone had this kind of problem before for anything?

Thanks

~Hen

A:Setting CPU affinity in XP

What computer do you have that has two CPU's ? What is your motherboard for resetting the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-cpu-affinity-in-xp.134897/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok my main router is a wired Linksys BEFSR41 and i have that router sending an ethernet cable upstairs to the wireless router in my room. When i try to access the router the only one I get is the wired one which does not have a wireless menu in order to make a wep key.

Even though I can only access the wired router and not add a WEP key my wireless router is still accessible via wireless. Now I was wondering if there is a way to add a WEP key to my router.

A:Setting up a WEP key

Do you have an overlap in IP addresses with both routers? Personally, I would go with something like the following which handles both wired/wireless networks and will save you from headaches in the future. Linksys Router
I have this setup at home and works great (only mine is wireless-G-, which I'm not too concerned since I don't use wireless too often.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-wep-key.134545/
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello i want some help about setting up my ftp server. First of all i've already installed all useful programms (NO-IP, BulletProof server and SmartFTP) and i've made 2 accounts for them (NO-IP, BulletProof server). The problem is when im going to connect with the server from SmartFTP the connection always fails. i put normaly the host name and the username-password in SmartFTP that i took from NO-IP. I think that something going wrong with the BulletProof Server. if anyone knows how i can fix it i would apreciate to help me soon. thank you!!!!!

A:Setting up FTP server with NO-IP, BulletProof Server and SmartFTP

Telnet and FTP are security risks, but I'll defer that for now.

look at all the routing info

Code:

your isp gateway (some public ip address)
|
+ the ISP assigned public address of your modem/router
|
+ the router's LAN address
|
+ your system's LAN address

access to your system (regardless of which specific service)
requires

your public modem/router address
a port forward to the system's LAN address
your system's firewall to allow incoming traffic on the required port
and usually an ID+Password to login
the ISP assigned public address of your modem/router is not associated with any DNS,
so you can not be accessed by NAME unless you register with DynDNS.org

SO --- how much of that have you completed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-ftp-server-with-no-ip-bulletproof-server-and-smartftp.131751/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey, my Dad recently purchased a Western Digital Caviar 640gb hard drive in order to boost the storage on his computer (which he needs due to all of the games that I've installed on it over the years ). The motherboard that he is using is an Abit AV8 3rd Eye Motherboard, which supposedly has a maximum transfer rate over SATA of 1.5 gb/s. However, I think that the default transfer rate for the hard drive is 3.0 gb/s, so the computer has not been able to detect the drive.
Is there any way that I could change the transfer rate of the drive to 1.5 gb/s? Maybe I could hook it up to my other computer (which is 3.0 gb/s compatible) and install some drivers that would allow me to control the transfer rate?
Thanks!

A:Setting Transfer Rate for an SATA Hard Drive

There might be a small jumper on the SATA drive, that is used to vary the transfer rate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-transfer-rate-for-an-sata-hard-drive.131235/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm trying to overclock my current system but I'm unable to find the multiplier on the BIOS of my P5Q Pro Turbo.

CPU-Z keeps showing I'm running at 2000mhz because my multiplier is x6 and freq is 333Mhz, but the bios shows 3000Mhz.

I would like to know which setting is stable from people who OCed the Q6600, I think 3.0Ghz is fine, but I would like to know if I can go higher and what is the most common setup, increase freq or multiplier?

I'm not so familiar with the setting so I will appreciate all advice, Thanks!

A:Which is the most OC stable setting for Q6600?

Overclocking ability is determined by many things...
hardware installed like, motherboard, memory, power supply and video card. Can you provide more complete computer specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-most-oc-stable-setting-for-q6600.126765/
Relevancy 25.37%

ok here goes to the best of my descriptive powers.

my computer scree is to light, and the graphics are missing. I must have changed something and now I cannot seem to correct it.

its like its missing where to click example if i am on a page i regularly visit i know where
the places are or i guess, if i place the cursor over that invisible point the hand indicates that i can click.

is this making sense? the pages are not vibrant and are blank in places i have a hp 6400
and i am using a usb stick wireless but it does the same thing when wired at work.

thanks please walk me through the steps to correct.

A:Internet web page graphics setting

You might need to reinstall your graphics drivers. These can be found on the HP support site using the model number of the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-web-page-graphics-setting.128819/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can someone give me some advice on how to set up a basic network using two 2600 routers and a 2900 Cisco switch ? Not as far as commands but do I need to use NAT ? I have Comcast as my ISP. Please help me !

A:Setting up a basic home network with 2 Cisco 2600 Routers and switch

we always need nat.

Most of the time the connections look like
Code:

modem----router --- other devices and/or switchs --- still more devices
There are a FEW cases where the modem needs to be set to BRIDGE mode, but
don't go there unless it all fails.

Keep it simple to start with [ modem---router---one system]

see this for testing your ISP connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-basic-home-network-with-2-cisco-2600-routers-and-switch.128589/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello I am trying to set up an ad-hoc wireless internet sharing network I have an ADSL internet connection on my desktop more on that later and want to setting Problem ad-hoc wireless sharing internet up share it with several laptops not at the same time My desktop uses Problem setting up ad-hoc wireless internet sharing Windows XP Professional with SP and has a wireless network adapter There are two laptops I want to eventually connect with one uses Windows XP Home edition and the other is a Mac I am first working on the Windows XP laptop I followed instructions on the Microsoft website and managed to set things up so that the laptops connect with the ad-hoc wireless network set up on my deskptop However the internet does not work in either of the laptops I have enabled my ADSL connection to be shared and the IPs etc are all set to automatic in both my desktop and in the Windows XP laptop What could the issue be There is one thing to note about my internet connection on the desktop It is an ADSL connection but works like and is listed as a dialup connection I think then that my situation is like that of someone with a dialup connection Thank you so much for your help Regards R nbsp

A:Problem setting up ad-hoc wireless internet sharing

If you share the connection from the ADSL card to the wireless NIC card, and then create an ad-hoc network from the wireless NIC card, then theoretically that should work. Try connecting to the laptop from your desktop, and then ping the laptop to see if it's there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-setting-up-ad-hoc-wireless-internet-sharing.128095/
Relevancy 25.8%

HDD1 WD20Gig - system
HDD2 Seagate20Gig - ext3 filesystem

The Gparted partition tool sees both drives (how I formatted the Seagate) but I just don't know how to setup to use the thing! (Like a windows layout how you can casually go into the drive to store / use files).

Any advice guys?

A:Having trouble setting up a second HDD

Hi,

Have you assigned the 1st (system) hdd to be a Master-drive, and the second to be cable-select or slave?

If you haven't, take a look at this picture:
Click to Maximize

On top of the drive is a sticker, like the one on the picture, and on the sticker is explained how to insert the 2-pin block to assign a drive to be a Master, slave or cable-select drive.

Make sure the drive with your OS installed on it is assigned Master, and the second drive is assigned either slave or cable-select.

Try that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-setting-up-a-second-hdd.127328/
Relevancy 29.67%

I got a Kingston Data Traveller and i waz working fine till yesterday..
and today when i try to plug it into ma PC....
da following message appear!!

One of the USB devices Attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message!Click to expand...

Please if anyone can help me?

A:Prob with Kingston Data Traveler

Try plugging it into another computer, if that doesn't work the drive is shot. If you care about the data you can send it to a data recovery company.

Make sure the place your send it to works on the NAND flash and/or PCB level, many DR shops only recover deleted files from flash drives.

aplusperfect.com ~$175 (shameless plug for my data recovery company)
eProvided.com ~$450
OnTrack ~$3000

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prob-with-kingston-data-traveler.125307/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 25.37%

Okay, here we go....

I'm setting up 2 hard drives (obviously).
I would like to tie them together, with the first drive being my primary for all my computing needs
...and, with the second drive dedicated to data and data storage and recovery points (if needed)

Each one is 80 gigs

A:Setting up 2 hard drives

I don't see that you have a problem. Can you not just load them both into a single case?

What IS the problem? If it's data, you'll have to remember to save to the second drive. Set each app's save location or physically move the data (by dragging the icons).

Recovery would be harder. After setting recovery dates you would have to copy the user and registry files to the second disk.

Or if you have XP, right click My Computer, select Properties. Select the Tools tab and the backup button. A wizard will start and walk you thru the process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-2-hard-drives.125103/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi guys, i have Gskill 8500CL5D 4GBPK DRR2 1066 2GB x 2 CL5-5-5-15

Motherboard: EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
CPU: Intel E8400

my bios says ram is running at 1066

But CPU-Z says this: DRam frequency: 533.3 Mhz FSBRam 5.8

CL5-7-7-20 2T DC Mode: Symmetric

And 3DMark 06 says: my ram Frequency 800.0 MHz

what do you guys think?

A:Is my memory setting ok?

hi Saljr,
there DDR part stands for double data rate. your memory accesses two 533Mhz channels, and i use that term generically, and has the effect of running at 1066mhz 533 x 2 = 1066, as for 3dMark thats just a glitch its reading off the mother board, default setting. so yeah your ram is fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-memory-setting-ok.125091/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 29.24%

here are my specs Card name NVIDIA GeForce MX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce MX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV C Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Default Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc System Model K S GX BIOS Version Processor AMD Sempron tm MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello well heres the thing everytime i try to run a game after starting, freezes Game video after prob? patching the screen just freezes the mouse won t move the keyboard isn t responding to resolve this i simply force the comp off i mean any game freezes may it be GBA thats D ppl ragnarok rohan mu everything won t work even Game freezes after starting, video prob? if the game is offline diablo won t work sacred too about sacred when we bought this pc sacred has already been istalled and it worked fine but then i got stuck with the mule bug and uninstalled the game a year later i install it again and Game freezes after starting, video prob? it won t work but it was working fine allitle while back we didn t change any of our hardware and i doubt sacred updates like online games help and sometimes the comp will make funny sounds and then a blue screen pops up sayin i have a prob with a file called quot nv disp dll quot whats the problem thanks it would really be great if someone could help me w this so annoying prob nbsp

A:Game freezes after starting, video prob?

Hi QueenB,

I've seen the nv4_disp.dll problem before, I think the display driver gets stuck in an infinite loop.

Try using the Omega nVidia drivers (the latest 'real' nVidia drivers are unlikely to support your 'old' graphics card). http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia.php

I'd run the dxdiags tests after installation, too - sometimes games don't work until its' been run <puzzles me>

I also think your page file setting is way too low (but it is the default installation size), I would try a fixed size of 1024Mb min and max.

Good luck,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-after-starting-video-prob.123468/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am not setting my game shows a crashed on new Old and monitor computer, resolution nothing sure exactly what forum this fits under but here it is I recently switched monitors with my brother he finally moved his ginormous monitor out of the house So now I have a dinky inch any who yesterday when he was over visiting he went into war which has had its resolution set to x from the old monitor when my new monitor only goes to x So the screen flipped out and hours later of rebooting and aimless clicking it still wasn t displaying properly Very seldom would it show anything its just a black screen today i messed with it for minutes and saw nothing at all I tried hooking up an ancient screen from years ago same results anyone have any ideas I bet if I knew how to blindly get into safe mode It would work When I initially put in the new monitor I set the res to its proper size on the desktop and in world of warcraft not war Heres the wopper now when I start it up hoping it will magically fix itself it makes erent Old resolution setting on a game crashed my computer, and new monitor shows nothing erent noise on boot and judging from my interface screen on my keyboard its not Old resolution setting on a game crashed my computer, and new monitor shows nothing getting into windows Because the little screen on my keyboard will light up when windows is loaded I believe this is due to the hours of my brother trying to get i to work So I dont even know if getting into safe mode will help I am sorry Old resolution setting on a game crashed my computer, and new monitor shows nothing I dont have a dxdiag so ill tell you what I can remember about the computer Windows xp sp nvid video card gig dd ram Plenty of space It has no tempature problems If there is any other specific information I need to give ask and I will see what I can do about getting it nbsp

A:Old resolution setting on a game crashed my computer, and new monitor shows nothing

I'd shut down and reseat the video card, all the monitor swapping may have caused it to become unseated.

After doing that, are you getting anything to display on screen at all (like the POST). If so, you should be about fixed. Just before Windows begins to load start tapping F8, then you'll get the boot menu where most people then go into Safe Mode. Do not go into safe mode, choose VGA mode. Windows will then boot normally, just with a crap resolution. But the correct drivers and everything should be loaded, so then you just set the resolution to what you want and you are fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-resolution-setting-on-a-game-crashed-my-computer-and-new-monitor-shows-nothing.123305/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi can u help i'm got a warning !! now system is in safe mode please re-setting cpu frequecy in cmos setup i got to press f1 when strt up pc

A:Re-setting cpu frequency in cmos setup

there should be no reason to set CPU frequency (also known as FSB and multiplier) in your BIOS unless you are an experienced overclocker. (also not recommended.)
You will have to be more descriptive with your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-setting-cpu-frequency-in-cmos-setup.78354/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi, i am having trouble wth my computer. i don't know much about computer. actually if i want to restart it, it keep showing me "Warning! Now system is in safe mode. Please re-setting CPU frequency in CMOS setup." but if i plug off the power supply cable, and put it back, the warning was gone. but, then if i wanna restart it again, that warning will appear again..
so could anyone help me what should i do with this problem ?

thank you...

A:Warning! Now system is in safe mode. Please re-setting CPU frequency in CMOS setup.

The battery on the motherboard is probably dead. It's a coin-shaped and -sized silver metal lump on your computer's motherboard. Pry it out (make sure the computer is off and make sure you don't break anything) and take it to your local electronics/computer/watch store. They should be able to give you a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/warning-now-system-is-in-safe-mode-please-re-setting-cpu-frequency-in-cmos-setup.60929/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi every morning when i turn on my system(Last 5 days or so) the bios posts(Revision 1701)fine, however before windows begins to run i am prompted with USB Over Current Detected and the system restarts. I removed all USB devices and the system posts/boots fine. Finally tracked the problem down by process of elimanation to it being my Microsoft Wireless optical Recever for my Keyboard/Mouse. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

A:USB Prob

probably a defective capacitor in the mouse system. replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-prob.122381/
Relevancy 37.84%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 29.67%

k i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i just need this fixed:
I just installed nvidia quad fx and when i am playing games like spore or starwars empire at war little bit after it scrambles all the graphics and starts to look like a fan and really gets bad. i exit everythings back to normal. please help oh and when i star my computer it says its not getting sufficiant power so its running on not its best. I felt the chip and its really hot. please help you guys fixed my last prob.

A:Nvidia quad fx prob

my specs are:
Microsoft xp home version 2002 service pack 3
Compaq Presairo
AMD Sempron Proccesser 3200+
1.8 Ghz
768 MB of Ram ddr1
-thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-quad-fx-prob.120849/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok here is the info run I bought a used OptiPlex desk top I think it is a GX It did not have a Hard Drive in it No CD-Rom No Floppy drive Great monitor key board and Mouse I put in OptiPlex computer Up Dell Used a Setting a gig Sata drive Now that is it How do I get Windows installed The USB port does not pick up on boot I have tried a external CD-Rom and a booting thumb drive Nothing works I have ordered a CD Rom from Dell but is will take or weeks to get Dell Production to ship Setting Up a Used Dell OptiPlex computer it to me Any ideas anyone I just hope the CD-Rom will work I have never seen a connector like the one on this system mother board A few friends told me it is because the CD is a slim line for a laptop and these do not have a normal IDE connectior on the MotherBoard Anyway am I going in the correct direction I Can get to the Bios set-up I have checked everything out to the best of my knowledge I even checked the HDD I added and it comes up as OK in the scan I just did not know if there was any super secret Dell things that were holding me back from installing my Windows and moving on Hey thanks for you time even if you just read thru this mess I posted Oh BladeRunner was my name years ago when BBS s were the thing That was when I knew way more than I should have about software and systems But Lo I got old and my skills got dull I still run across people that remember me but I have forgotten Thanks nbsp

A:Setting Up a Used Dell OptiPlex computer

BladeRunner55 said:

Oh BladeRunner was my name 20 years ago when BBS's were the thing. That was when I knew way more than I should have about software and systems, But Lo I got old and my skills got dull. I still run across people that remember me, but I have forgotten..

ThanksClick to expand...

That's where I came from too, they were the days

Anyway, just wait for the CD or DVD drive to come

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-used-dell-optiplex-computer.120780/
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-mail-to-outlook-express.118139/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I have a Creative X-Fi Gamer I m using it to try amp record myself playing guitar using GuitarFX If I just use the Creative Console Console problem "What GuitarFX setting & Creative mega-feedback U Hear" 3 launcher Launcher s quot Microphone quot setting Creative Console launcher "What U Hear" setting & GuitarFX 3 mega-feedback problem combined with GuitarFX everything is fine the effects in GuitarFX sound how they should but if I select quot What U Hear quot In the Creative Console Launcher I get far to much sound coming through my speakers most of the time some preset effects settings in GuitarFX are usable but most are wrecked the sound bars in guitarFX go off the scale it s like mega feedback Just a constant screech or drone amp doing anything on the guitar makes no difference I ve even tried it without my guitar plugged into the PC amp the same thing happens I m using the Creative Console Launcher s record function to record some guitar all I m interested in is some way for me to record the effects GuitarFX creates for my guitar as I hear them through my speakers when I have the Creative Console Launcher s setting in the quot Microphone quot position ie GuitarFX sounding as it should I d rather find some way to record the guitar onto my PC rather than go through the hassle of plugging something into speakers jack to record it there Thanks in advance for any replies nbsp

A:Creative Console launcher "What U Hear" setting & GuitarFX 3 mega-feedback problem

You may have to use a preamp between the guitar and the PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-console-launcher-what-u-hear-setting-guitarfx-3-mega-feedback-problem.118053/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I have just bought a new Belkin wireless G router F D - wireless internet Help setting up connection a v I have an NTL virgin cable internet connection with an NTL home modem and I am tring to connect to a new macbook laptop I have followed all the instructions and tried everything I can think of but it is still not working The only problem I can see with the setup is that on the belkin wireless router there is meant to be a green light showing when the modem is connected to the router and this is not coming on no matter what Help setting up a wireless internet connection I do One other thing I have noticed is that using the ethernet cable that is supplied with the belkin does not work when using it between the ntl modem and the computer whereas the ethernet cable with the ntl modem does work when connected between the computer and the ntl modem Could this be the problem a faulty cable Thanks in advance for any responses nbsp

A:Help setting up a wireless internet connection

Yes, the green light must be on at all times. You have a bad cable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-wireless-internet-connection.118108/
Relevancy 25.37%

I know next to nothing about servers and even less on how to create one I would appreciate it very much if I can have some advice on what to consider and such In our current game project there will be an online multi player section and this is what I must begin working on So setting up a simple server to test against is my first goal The setup only needs capacity for up setting on simple up Need advice server to players at this time I have the alpha version of the server side game app The hardware I have ADSL modem D-link DGL- router laptop wireless stationary PC WinXP home sr Ghz Gb ram stationary PC WinXP home sr Ghz Gb ram the server to be Mbit ADSL connection with approx Mbit actual speed --------------------------- Here are Need advice on setting up simple server some basic Q s Can I keep XP as system on the server machine Will everything on it be quot open quot to the connected users I d prefer if I can keep some apps and files on it because this is also a render machine Can I keep Zonealarm and Avast anti virus on it Do I need any other apps to make it a server besides my server side game app Any advice help Need advice on setting up simple server appreciated nbsp

A:Need advice on setting up simple server

your biggest problem will be the number of concurrent users than can connect to XP,
which is limited to 10

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-setting-up-simple-server.117901/