Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2010 Personal File (.pst)

Q: Outlook 2010 Personal File (.pst)

I cannot gain access to outlook as it won't open without a .pst file so i can not create a new file.

There is no pst file on my destop so I need to somehow create a new one but i can't access my Outlook.

Could anybody send me an .pst file or tell me a solution please, REP will be given.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2010 Personal File (.pst)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2010 Personal File (.pst)

Hiya pal

You can create one by going to your "control panel" and then going to the "mail" option. (see pic)
Have you opened outlook before, because when you installed it and then ran outlook for the first time it created the pst file then.

It's normally kept here C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/93647-outlook-2010-personal-file-pst.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I just 2010 personal folder in Outlook bought a new computer with Win and I installed personal folder in Outlook 2010 Office I also have an older laptop with Win personal folder in Outlook 2010 XP I reformatted the HD then installed Office same CD In the desktop I have quot personal folders quot then all my different email addresses within email protected email protected email protected etc In the laptop with XP there is no personal folder so depending on the email address the mails are sent to I have to look for them I compared both OL everything personal folder in Outlook 2010 is set the same way in both computers just in the laptop the quot personal folder quot is missing and I see no way to add it I looked in MS help and I see there is a quot backup personal folder quot to install with XP but before making any mistake and being in more trouble I would like to ask for help Can anyone help me please I thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello EE,

I have a user with a personal folder .pst in Outlook 2010 and suddenly it is prompting for a password and there was never one set so we cannot open.

A:Outlook 2010 with personal folder .pst suddenly asking for password

Sounds like you have a virus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2010-with-personal-folder-pst-suddenly-asking-for-password.213384/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone

I have my personal folder file which I've had for over 5 years. It is about 24GB right now but I want to organize it by years instead of having it all-in-one. I have created a folder for each year but the thing is I have many folders in the inbox and it will take me forever to re-create them for each year. Is there any way or a program that can organize it faster/easier?

Relevancy 64.5%

I am using outlook 2003 (office 2003). All i want is to move my personal folder which has all my emails to a pc which has office xp. I copied my personal folder to the pc. I tried to open as well as import the .pst, neither i can open nor i can import. It shows the following message:

THE FILE OUTLOOK.PST IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF THE PERSONAL FOLDERS INFORMATION SERVICE. CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR

Pls tell me what should i do to make it run on office xp outlook.

thanks

A:outlook personal folder file

What you need to do is in office 2003 you need to make an office 97-2000 compatible personal folder file move all your emails from the frist personal folder to the 97-2000 compatible one and then copy it to the PC with Office XP.

Outlook 2003 PST's added new code in them that are no longer backward compatible so you need to circumvent this by only using Outlook 97-2000 PST's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folder-file.422524/
Relevancy 63.21%

OK I use outlook 2003 for my comcast e-mail and lately when I start it up the window

comes up but before doing anything a second window pops up with a load bar and it says

the file personal file folders was not closed properly and checking file for errors after it

loads the main window says not responding for a moment and then it operates as normal

and if it matters Im using windows vista home premium 32-bit

A:Solved: Microsoft outlook personal file folders

Had something like that at work. Theres a few fixes for it but I need to know if your emails are being saved on there server or on your computer in a .pst file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-outlook-personal-file-folders.809381/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am trying to backup my Outlook folders using the Import and Export function. I'm just wondering whether or not "exporting" the file will cause those messages to no longer appear in Outlook itself, or if exporting just makes a copy. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Question about Outlook Personal Folders File Export

Exporting copies - nothing is deleted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411589/question-about-outlook-personal-folders-file-export/
Relevancy 62.78%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 62.35%

I continuously get the above message when I open up Outlook. It takes forever to open the program. I've done scanpst.exe and I think it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Can you help and tell me what to do?

When I close the program, I delete all the items, hit close all items and then exit. I have no idea what is going on. I guess there may be some errors in there but I can't fix it using scanpst.exe

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:Outlook PST - 'data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-pst-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.850967/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I am trying to move one pst file from one laptop which has Outlook 2010 32 bit to another laptop which has Outlook 2010 64 bit installed,
steps taken
1) Copied the pst file from the User/AppData/Microsoft/Outlook folder to usb.
2) Pasted the file from usb into User/Documents folder.
3) Tried to open the file in Outlook and I get the error that Outlook encountered errors while opening the file.
Now how is that possible when the file is working perfectly in one laptop but when I copy and paste it into another it gets corrupted? Is it due to 32 bit to 64 bit outlook? I tried to repair it using scanpst and it brought back few mails, so what else can I do? Am I doing something wrong in moving the file.
Thanks a lot

A:Outlook 2010 PST file copying from 32 bit to 64 bit Office Outlook

Hello saadie, welcome to Seven Forums.

Lots of information about .pst files (including moving them) here:
About the Outlook PST-File | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/204385-outlook-2010-pst-file-copying-32-bit-64-bit-office-outlook.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Outlook 2007, personal/archieve folder files does not display file names - How do i correct the problem so the files will display names vs just the file size.

A:Outlook 2007, personal/archieve folder files does not display file names

Hi, Please go through this link which might help you:-https://wikis.pepperdine.edu/display/ITHELP/Creating+and+Managing+Personal+Folders+in+Outlook+2007For further help please reply.Thanks and Regards Deepa_REdit: Changed bit.ly link to actual URL to remove perception of link obfuscation and increase link transparency. ~ Queen-Evie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461414/outlook-2007-personalarchieve-folder-files-does-not-display-file-names/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello To start off the computer in question is running Windows XP and Microsoft office I am in the process of resolving this issue as stated in the title that the user did not come across until recently when Outlook had locked up on him and he was forced to improperly close it down The problem im coming across is that everytime he starts outlook it takes the system around minutes just to analyze the data file all the while not being able to do anything at all in Outlook The long loadup time I understand because he has an amazing emails The problem arises after the check is finally completed Outlook opens and as soon as I attempt to erase files immediately he begins receiving the emails that he has missed out on for the past week which is around MB This in turn data properly Outlook 'Personal file Folder' 2007 not was - closed Solved: causes Outlook to lockup for some unknown reason and became a vicious cycle We then opened up outlook in safe mode and deleted about emails then reopened outlook and managed to receive a few days of missed emails During this process it locked up again and Solved: Outlook 2007 - data file 'Personal Folder' was not closed properly we are back at step one and waiting for it to analyze the data file which is actually taking longer than previously stated when the file was much larger Any suggestions would be great I ve done a lot of searching around and couldn t find an answer I found sufficient to my own personal problem I have always had success asking you guys here so thanks ahead of time for anything that you can contribute Tyler nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 - data file 'Personal Folder' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-data-file-personal-folder-was-not-closed-properly.1019706/
Relevancy 59.77%

I had Outlook calendar file for 2011 backed up on an external hard drive. I opened the file with Outlook 2010. I was able to see the 2011 calendar. Now I can't locate my calendar that was in Outlook previously. I did find a file named Outlook.bak. Could that be the missing calendar file? If so, how do I open it? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-bak-file.1166961/
Relevancy 59.77%

There are a lot of in Using Outlook file 2010 .pst old questions about this and none of the proposed solutions seems to work for me Now that MS has moved on to the version of the software it still does not work on What did people do Here is the problem I have a pst file from Outlook on an old computer I want to use that same pst file on a new computer running Outlook I want all my new mail to go to the old pst file and nowhere else Now here is what I've tried and what seems to happen When starting O' it needs your email address I create that but then it creates a new pst file named myname mydomain com pst And it creates it in C Users myname AppData Local Microsoft Outlook If I try to move the new pst file to the folder entitled C Users myname Documents Outlook Files then when I restart Outlook it recreates the deleted pst file back in the AppData folder The people Using old .pst file in Outlook 2010 who seem to have fixed this have changed from IMAP to POP and configured manually When I tried that I got a failure message when it tried to test the account Is there a way to Using old .pst file in Outlook 2010 reuse the old pst file with an IMAP account

A:Using old .pst file in Outlook 2010

Quote: Originally Posted by dchall8

....When starting O'2010 it needs your email address.....

So don't start Outlook :-)

You can put the old PST file in place first and point the Office/Outlook to it via the control panel applet named Mail [or Mail (32-bit)], then open Outlook "for the first time".

But at this point, I would not bother doing that. It is pretty easy to just use the new PST file that Outlook created and copy all of the old e-mails (and any folders), contacts, appointments... into the new PST - then close the old PST.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/259087-using-old-pst-file-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Runing Microsoft Office on Windows 7 and just started receiving a series of messages on opening Outlook:-

The path specified for the file G:\deleted items backup.pst is not valid

Clicking "OK" opens my folder "Documents"

closing that provokes:

This data file has not bee configured. Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of a new file to create

Clicking OK automatically opens a folder "Outlook" and closing that folder provokes:

Propeties for this data file must be defined prior to use and closing that finally get me into my e-mails.

What is the cure please anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-the-path-specified-for-the-file.1068568/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I've trawled the Microsoft community but I can't find a decent solution and I've been pulling my hair out I've recently started using Outlook Pro to gather my new job's work emails Scenario In Outlook I added my main work email quot d allen quot to my profile Great The default pst file location is quot C Users username Documents Outlook Files quot which is what I wanted although it created another pst file named in quot C Users username AppData Local Microsoft Outlook quot The email works great but the default pst file stays the same size Kb so its not changing as I send and receive emails Then I add another work email quot info quot It creates another pst again in the AppData folder A rd email account is added again creating a rd pst file in AppData Issues I want all my pst files in the default directory quot C Users username Documents Outlook Files quot As per Microsoft's instructions if I want to move a pst file I first shutdown Outlook move the file then relaunch Outlook which will complain it can't find the pst file and prompt me to select a file to open - except this just recreates pst files with numbers in brackets afer the name all in the original AppData folder This then messes up the email configuration which results in send receive errors I have even tried to change them under the Mail applet in Control locations 2010 Outlook file Panel I cannot change the default Outlook 2010 file locations pst file All other pst files have the quot Set as default quot button greyed out The default doesn't do much though I will use this as my archive for older emails there's a maximum Gb email account cuota on the server but I don't have Outlook 2010 file locations the option of combining email accounts into the same pst file Why has it created pstt instead of pst Please can anyone help with the above issues Outlook 2010 file locations Regards D

A:Outlook 2010 file locations

You seem to be trying to do something that is not supported by Outlook. In my Outlook 2013 the .pst files are stored under Documents/Outlook which seems the same as yours.
But there is no Data File shown in my Account settings, only my email accounts.
It seems that you may be trying to set up Data Files as an email account.

You may not agree, but I don't think you can achieve what you want as the .pst files can only be opened in Outlook so having a separate data file is probably going to cause conflicts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/354857-outlook-2010-file-locations.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if I am missing something but I just had a user delete the "outlook files" folder from their documents by mistake. This lead to them opening up outlook and it asking for a password which turned out to be the windows password. Of course once finally in outlook, it was empty.
When I tried to duplicate this, upon opening outlook, I get a flurry of questions about not seeing the .pst file, which I would expect. I simply restored from the recycle bin and all was good again. I never got a password prompt.
So I have 2 questions:

Why is the OS (windows 7) allowing the folder to be deleted as the contents are hidden files?

Has anyone here heard of the first scenario where the user claims to have done nothing and you get a password prompt when trying to open outlook (did a virus scan, was clean)?

thanks,
Spline

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-deleted-pst-file.1050816/
Relevancy 58.91%

I noticed that my outlook 2010 was hanging up (on a Windows 7 machine), specifically when sending/receiving emails, when switching folders and when switching from Mail to Task or Calendar. I started runing "Scanpst.exe" for my pst files, however I have one pst file (that is 349MB) that scanpst only says: "the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool Can not recover the data in the file."  The funny thing is that I can look in the folder in Outlook, and don't appear to experience problems, but run into issues moving items into the pst.

These hangups are really starting to slow me down. I would appreciate any input you can give. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489950/outlook-2010-pst-file-issues/
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010 and I've lost my file cabinet e-mails in Outlook. I seem to recall these are .pst files? Do I just search for the file? How do I link my new Outlook to these older e-mails?

A:Outlook 2010 - file cabinet

Your "Personal Folders" in Outlook are stored in a PST file called outlook.pst, which on Windows Vista/Win7 is located at:

C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

You should keep a backup copy of this file on a regular and ongoing basis, especially just before upgrading, so that, after upgrading, the old PST file can then be imported into the new Outlook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-file-cabinet.1056681/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi guys,

i cannot open pdf attached file on my outlook 2010. i shows in preview but when double click it show error.

"In compatibility mode is set, you can not run this program.
Please turn off the Compatibility Mode and try again."

how can i turn off this compatibility mode? Thanks in advance.

John

A:Open PDF file on Outlook 2010

Sounds like the wrong program is set as default for pdf files. Adobe PDF Reader or whatever PDF reader you have should be set as the default for pdf files. If you don't have a pdf reader then that is the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/341114-open-pdf-file-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am having a strange, seemingly random, issue in Outlook 2010. When I go to attach a file to an email, the Insert File box does not always appear. Sometimes it does, and I add a file (or files) just fine. Other times when I click the paper clip the Outlook message box flashes like it is about to do something, but the Insert File box never pops up. If I save a draft of the email and open Outlook back up, I can attach a file just fine. It's almost like there is not enough memory or cache to open the Insert file window. I have a Win7 (64 bit) Enterprise PC with 8GB of RAM with Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 proc at 3.Ghz, so I don't think my PC is too weak. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

Relevancy 58.91%

My boss is an Architect. He has alot of job folders saved in outlook which contain alot of attachments which are large files, CAD drawings, etc. His PST file is 10gb. We do a manual back up of documents and our outlook folders to a hard drive once every few weeks. Just copy and paste. When I try to copy and paste his PST file I get an error and it won't let me drag and drop it or copy. What is the best way to get these folders backed up? I haven't been able to back up the PST file for months. He does archive but even that is getting big. Trying to figure out a way to back up every week and keep folders at reasonable size. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 58.91%

My situation is that i am using outlook 2010 pst from past one year. I have split the pst files few months back and now left with two separate pst's. But, now due to some reason i need to merge two pst files together?

How can i do that by maintaining the folder hierarchy and filtering the duplicates, is there is any way possible? please let me know!

A:Is there any way i can merge two Outlook 2010 PST File?

I don't use outlook myself, but I found this on the Microsoft site and it looks like it fully answers your question.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...rom-an-outlook-data-file-pst-HA102505743.aspx

It's probably worthwhile making a copy of the two pst files before trying the merge, just in case it doesn't go as planned.

P.S. In future it's better to pick the subforum related to your question, this should perhaps have gone to Web and Email. That way you're more likely to find someone who knows the answer instead of some programmer who's never even used the software you're struggling with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-way-i-can-merge-two-outlook-2010-pst-file.1070667/
Relevancy 58.91%

What file or registry key are the added PSTs stored? When I have to make a new profile instead of adding them back manually I would just like to put the configuration file back or run a .reg that I extracted earlier.

A:Outlook 2010 PST file list

Your PST file is saved in C:\Users\Username\My Documents\Outlook Files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477271/outlook-2010-pst-file-list/
Relevancy 58.91%

Managed to mess up importing my outlook pst backup in to 2010 and now I want to delete all the data and reimport it but i can't find it any place on my C drive Oh I am using XP by the way. Can anybody help I would like to have Outlook back to a naked state if you get my meaning.

Thx

Steve

A:Where does outlook 2010 store the PST file?

Anybody ????????????????

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/74779-where-does-outlook-2010-store-pst-file.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Greetings.

I've just upgraded my Outlook 2010 ANSI .pst file to an Unicode format by creating a new .pst and importing data from the old .pst. I want to delete the old .pst, but I get the error message "You cannot delete this Outlook data file. Configuration information in the file is being copied to your new default data file. You can delete the file after this information is copied."

I don't think information is being copied, as I've waited to see if it would resolve, but I do think that there is still some connection to the old .pst file that is preventing deletion. I have changed the folder of my email accounts' storage location to the new Unicode .pst. What else do I need to do?

Thanks.

A:Cannot delete Outlook 2010 data file

After the file change, did you try a reboot and recheck to see if issue persists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/242082-cannot-delete-outlook-2010-data-file.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

There is a user here at my work who forgot their password for a password protected .pst file they have on their computer. Can anyone recommend a software that will remove the password protection from the .pst file. I work in the helpdesk at my company, but I have never come across this issue before. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/396553-password-protected-pst-file-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m working on a windows PC and outlook I have copied across on older PST file that has all contacts and email folders 2010 accounts outlook using - all inbox 1 pst into file old into the outlook folder BUT because its imap the email account is not using the old pst file but using a new pst file tried all outlook 2010 - all accounts into 1 inbox using old pst file sorts of things the last was to remove all the PST files and delete the account then copy the OLD PST file in open outlook and it sees the old file and all the folder and the contacts BUT no email account so setup using POP manually to point to the old outlook pst file BTINTERNET used mail btinternet com for POP and SMTP and also tried pop btinternet com But when it tests mail cannot send mail error setup OK with IMAP but will not consolidate into one inbox We would like to use the OLD OUTLOOK PST file and all outlook 2010 - all accounts into 1 inbox using old pst file the folders outlook 2010 - all accounts into 1 inbox using old pst file have the email account and maybe others we add later all emails go into the one inbox and all go into the one sent mail how do i set it up please I believe it can be done with POP accounts - how can we do with IMAP because POP does not seem to work nbsp

A:outlook 2010 - all accounts into 1 inbox using old pst file

i think i fixed it all this afternoon

setup as a POP account
then used the old outlook.pst as the folder

then i needed to go into advanced
and set up a username and password for the SMTP account
and also change the ports to 110 and 587

it was the outgoing server - needing setting up with username and password - that was the issue

now its working with inbox and sent items in the old pst file

would be good if i could use the same in IMAP - although defeats the object of imap really - but where people dont want to sync folders the default seems to be imap anyway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-all-accounts-into-1-inbox-using-old-pst-file.1120715/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there,

anybody know how to help the IT illiterate recover a just recently (and stupidly) deleted pst file. I have windows 7 professional.

Thanks!

A:recover deleted outlook 2010 pst file

scratch that - the computer illiterate thought it was too big for the recycle bin - but apparently not. Sorry to bother all!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502579/recover-deleted-outlook-2010-pst-file/
Relevancy 58.48%

I need your help here. I've installed Outlook 2010 after formatting my PC, then deleted it because of connection problems to Gmail. I've tried to install it again, but all my previous Gmail accounts setup have been saved(and thus I couldn't use Outlook for Gmail), so I deleted it again, but this time, thinking that it will solve the problem, I've also manually deleted some Outlook files that weren't deleted after uninstalling.
I've tried again to install Outlook, but now when I try to open it I get this error message: "The file c:\users\username\documents\outlook files\outlook.pst is not found".

Did I ruin Outlook on my PC by myself? is there any way to fix this?

TIA

A:Cannot use Outlook 2010 - I think I've deleted some file by mistake

Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777

I need your help here. I've installed Outlook 2010 after formatting my PC, then deleted it because of connection problems to Gmail. I've tried to install it again, but all my previous Gmail accounts setup have been saved(and thus I couldn't use Outlook for Gmail), so I deleted it again, but this time, thinking that it will solve the problem, I've also manually deleted some Outlook files that weren't deleted after uninstalling.
I've tried again to install Outlook, but now when I try to open it I get this error message: "The file c:\users\username\documents\outlook files\outlook.pst is not found".

Did I ruin Outlook on my PC by myself? is there any way to fix this?

TIA

Might like to google it

How-To Create PST Files Using Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/198193-cannot-use-outlook-2010-i-think-ive-deleted-some-file-mistake.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently reinstalled my windows and office 2010, after reconnect my account with outlook, however there is no location for my data files?

Do you how can I assign location to my account?

A:outlook 2010: data file location not available?

What happens when you click on the ADD button?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/142865-outlook-2010-data-file-location-not-available.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I had to do a Windows repair install on my desktop. All files are still intact; however, Outlook 2010 is asking to set up from scratch. I have the old .pst file. How do I go about setting up Outlook to use the saved .pst without creating a new one? I have searched online but have had no luck. While the old computer was being reset, I installed Outlook onto laptop and could merge the old and new .pst files but the calendars, contacts, and rules did not migrate over. I would like to avoid this problem on the desktop computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

A:Need to reinstall Outlook 2010 and use previous .pst file

Quote: Originally Posted by texoz

I had to do a Windows repair install on my desktop. All files are still intact; however, Outlook 2010 is asking to set up from scratch. I have the old .pst file. How do I go about setting up Outlook to use the saved .pst without creating a new one? I have searched online but have had no luck. While the old computer was being reset, I installed Outlook onto laptop and could merge the old and new .pst files but the calendars, contacts, and rules did not migrate over. I would like to avoid this problem on the desktop computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

you can do simply by export and import option in Outlook 2010. :Export Outlook items to an Outlook Data File (.pst) - Outlook - Office.com

just copy the pst and keep in a storage device to transfer it on the other computer file location where outlook creates a folder , then just import it from the outlook and it will read the pst and all the mail you have on the pst.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/266984-need-reinstall-outlook-2010-use-previous-pst-file.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have three email accounts with gmail connected to outlook 2010. Sadly the PST file contains all the emails from my email addresses and since I hate deleting emails the PST files are huge. Is there a way to set up outlook so it only goes back X ammount of time for storing email on my system and have some other way to access anything older?

Right now I have 10 GB's of files on my laptop and I am sure my desktop to. So I would much rather shrink that down as much as possible, if not then I can move the files to a none OS HDD, but with my laptop at least hard drive space is somewhat limited.

A:Gmail and outlook (2010) PST file size

Maybe the auto archive feature would help:
Description of the Auto Archive feature in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

P.S. It also refers to Outlook 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/248434-gmail-outlook-2010-pst-file-size.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Outlook 2010
Win 7 Pro 64 bit

Each email account has a .PST file.
"personal" / .PST files were created for archiving
Outlook created an Outlook.pst

Can someone confirm that Outlook.pst contains the contact list?
Note: In the account settings tab "Data File" outlook.pst is the only file that has a checkmark (default?) beside it.

The following link states contacts are stored in "Outlook Data File (.pst)".
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/where-does-microsoft-outlook-2010-save-my-information-and-configurations-HP010354943.aspx

A:which pst file stores the contacts in Outlook 2010

Contacts can be stored in EACH PST file that you use, so if you have multiple email accounts, each with its own PST, then you can have contacts in each PST file.

When adding a new contact (depending on how you add it), it will be stored in the Default data file (the one with the tick as you mentioned), or the one for the account you are using.,

If you look at the contacts on the bottom on the navigation pane (left), you will see several lists of contacts.

If each account shares a single PST file then all contacts will be in that PST file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/293767-pst-file-stores-contacts-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have MS Office 2007 on one of my computers. I am planning to install Office 2010 on another computer.

My question is -- Is file format etc of pst file in the two version same?

Will there be any problem copying pst and other files from one computer to another?

Thank you very much.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,
I was creating a back up on my Outlook 2010 and when I put a password it just froze. I closed it using the Task Manager. Now every time I start Outlook this data file password window pops out but wont let me input anything. What should I do? Please help!
Here is the Error Signature:

szAppName : OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer : 14.0.4734.1000 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

A:Outlook 2010 data file password issue

unfortunately, we cannot assist with bypassing passwords here. You may want to read the rules at www.techguy.org/rules.html.

I'm going to close this thread now.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-data-file-password-issue.960429/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi amp For reasons that seemed like a good idea at the time I decided to rename the partition where I store my data I read an MS instruction on doing this but in order to get the letter I wanted for Solved: File Data 2010 Problem Outlook the data partition I did several renamings to move things around Again it seemed like it made sense at the time Sigh As a result I can access the data when I open Outlook Solved: Outlook 2010 Data File Problem but am unable to send or receive Solved: Outlook 2010 Data File Problem mail I get the following message amp Task amp amp Sending amp reported error x F amp Outlook data file cannot be accessed amp I get the same error message for receiving I copied the data file to another computer and am able to access send and receive messages on it so I know the data file is okay The e-mail settings are correct in fact they are the same as the settings on the other computer so I know the settings are correct I tried uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling it but got the same messages I amp m Solved: Outlook 2010 Data File Problem not sure what I need to do next amp reinstall windows It seems like the problem must have something to do with where Outlook is looking for the files but I don amp t know where to look for that Any ideas Thanks for your help Obviously I haven t posted for awhile my correct system configuration is Mollie Dell XPS GB RAM Windows Office Firefox nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2010 Data File Problem

Hi hrmollie,
did u created New outlook profile?.
or make on Outlook data file (pst) for testing purpose and see wat happen.
If still having problem then it might be problem with the user profile. try to login in Administrator profile and check OR u can make new user profile.Possibly ur problem may solved

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2010-data-file-problem.1089674/
Relevancy 57.62%

After I imported a pst into my mailbox(using the option to replace duplicates) I know have strikethroughs on all of the duplicates that should have been replaced.

How can I get rid of these messages.

I have also checked and the messages are not set to expire.

A:Outlook 2010 Using Exchange - Strikethrough after importing PST File

Perhaps this procedure will help:
Purge IMAP items marked for deletion - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/264111-outlook-2010-using-exchange-strikethrough-after-importing-pst-file.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I restored a pst file due to computer melt down Anyway I use Outlook to retrieve email for about email accounts Comcast and Gmail accounts Outlook used to just deposit these email into a folder with each accounts name on it Now it is giving me the folder but not putting folders Outlook has file 2010 .pst I extra restored when anything in it Instead it puts it into the account itself There is now an account at the bottom of the left window pane that you scroll down to look at all your folders This area now has a name for each account and a little arrow next to Outlook 2010 has extra folders when I restored .pst file that name If you click on the arrow it opens up and shows inbox junk mail etc How do I get rid of that and just send all the sent mail to one sent mail folder and simply have the incoming mail sorted by rules that will send it to the folder I specify Outlook used to do this very nicely not anymore I don t use Outlook with enough expertise to know how to describe this problem better I apologize for this poorly worded question Thank you for your consideration nbsp

A:Outlook 2010 has extra folders when I restored .pst file

Hi tonyacardo

How did you restore the .pst file?
Did you Import it into Outlook or did you connect it to Outlook by using the File > Open Data File or File > Data File Management option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-has-extra-folders-when-i-restored-pst-file.1041307/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I does open, about error 2010 file found Outlook cannot not be was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem I have I downloaded Office only installed Outlook beta about years ago and everything was going fine Then today I purchased Office Pro and before installing I removed Outlook as it told me I must remove it first then ran the install and everything seem fine until I tried to open Outlook it keeps coming up with a message that should be in the print screen or attachment I have no idea what this file is and everytime I try to delete it it re appears when I try to open Outlook again Outlook 2010 does not open, error about file cannot be found I tired to do the set up again and select the repair option Outlook 2010 does not open, error about file cannot be found but that has not helped other than that all other Office applications open fine could this problem be down to the Outlook beta The attachment called error is what appears when i try to open Outlook empty file is what comes Outlook 2010 does not open, error about file cannot be found up when I clik OK and error is what happens when i close everything Thanks guys for having a look and I hope someone can help me with this problem

A:Outlook 2010 does not open, error about file cannot be found

Your pst file (this is the file that contains all your mail) is most probably located in a different location so outlook doesn't know where it is. Do a search for pst then when outlook asks you where the file is, point it to the correct folder, or you could locate your pst file and then copy/paste it into the "Outlook Files" folder, this way outlook would find it straight away without prompting you for it

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/192530-outlook-2010-does-not-open-error-about-file-cannot-found.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am using Windows and Outlook My Basic Question Is an attachment to an email taking up space in the PST file itself or is it stored separately and quot referenced quot by the message I like to keep my emails for many years past Why not except for the file size limits In year past using Windows XP and Outlook this caused my Outlook to crash when the PST file size hit its Outlook Limited using File 2010-Attachments Space? limit It was a disaster and disrupted my life for weeks months I know the modern versions have more storage capacity but I live in fear of another crash Nowadays exchanging photos etc can create individual emails of - megs each which really add up Creating additional PST folders to split up the storage problem is a pain I do it rarely and have to relearn it each time It is also awkward to use so many buckets I would much prefer to have all my stuff in one place To save space I have developed a methodology of routinely deleting large attachments but first manually storing them in separate places not in PST files and leaving a message Outlook 2010-Attachments using Limited File Space? within the email saying the name of each attachment so I can find it if I want to This collapses the email Outlook 2010-Attachments using Limited File Space? size to KBs instead of MBs but it is quite time consuming and awkward to say the least At least it buys me confidence There are some synching solutions offered but they seem complex and open other problems Do I really have to go there Is there an easier answer to my problem

A:Outlook 2010-Attachments using Limited File Space?

Have a look at this free program, it removes attachments from Outlook, stores them on your HDD, and replaces the attachments with a link to the stored file. You'll be able to open the attachment as you would normally, except that Outlook will get the file from your disk, rather than from inside its .pst file.

Outlook Attachment Remover - Free Outlook add-in to save and extract attachments [Freeware]

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/332293-outlook-2010-attachments-using-limited-file-space.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone I wonder if anybody has the same issue as me My Office beta just expired so I had to uninstall MS Office and reinstall the official release After the uninstall I saved my pst file to a different location and cleaned the AppData directory of Outlook which contained the pst files and other files I installed Office and when I opened Outlook it missed the Outlook pst file So I put my old pst file back in the AppData dir But when I select the pst file to open it throws the message translated from dutch quot Access is denied You don't have permission to open C Users Outlook pst quot I checked the Cannot Access denied. Outlook open pst file. 2010 properties of the file readonly was not selected and I changed the security permission for me to full control it was set to read amp write But this had no effect I moved my Outlook pst and let Outlook 2010 Access denied. Cannot open pst file. Outlook create a new Outlook pst file After that I noticed that all my emailaccounts where still in place so I wonder where Outlook saved my accounts Now I wanted to import my Outlook old pst file but I still get the message quot Access is denied You don't have permission to open C Users Outlook pst quot I really want my old mailbox back so if any of you guys have an idea for me I would be very grateful Kind regards John Ps I did the backup amp replace of my Outlook pst file a bunch of times in Office and Office and never got this message

A:Outlook 2010 Access denied. Cannot open pst file.

hello..
use data file management to add your .pst file
if that's disable maybe some missing on it, where is the location that's you put the pst file?? is it in other HDD or external one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/122041-outlook-2010-access-denied-cannot-open-pst-file.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello -- I'm wondering how to change the display name of a data file (not the actual file name) for a .ost Exchange 2010 file. I have already changed the file name and location to match all my other mailboxes.

If you look at my screenshot, you will see the file location and name are fine, but the display name is still just my email address. I would prefer it to be something easier on the eyes (I know, not necessary, but would be nice to help keep me organized.)

This is also the name that shows up in my Navigation Pane. Thanks so much!

A:Outlook 2010: How to change Exchange data file (ost) display name

In this window (you have posted screenshot of) click on the name of a file you want to change. Settings button will be activated, click that button - you can edit the name in the new window in the name section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/199899-outlook-2010-how-change-exchange-data-file-ost-display-name.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I want to import from another file, so did: file, open, import, selected "open from another program or file" and pressed next.
Nothing happens.
Same thing if I try to export, I select "export to a file" nothing happens.
What could be the problem?

Thanks,
WFR

A:Problem with Import from other program or file Outlook 2010 / Win7

what type of file are you trying to import?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/256913-problem-import-other-program-file-outlook-2010-win7.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

I hope this is an appropriate request for this forum.

For some time I have been using Outlook 2010 with the pst files stored on a separate Data drive (internal). It has worked fine up until now.

Now, after becoming more security aware I have decided to create a Folderlock encrypted folder on that data drive for my sensitive data, which includes my Outlook data files (pst files).

When I sign into windows I then unlock the data locker which creates itself as a virtual drive. All my software seems fine with this except Outlook which opens the data files, that is the emails and my contacts lists are shown, but Outlook then complains that it can't get access to the pst file when I try to do a send & receive.

Outlook is directed to the correct drive/pst file.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 storing pst file in encrypted locker problem

Encrypted folder looks like a single encrypted 'file' to the os. The OS will not open or read attributes in an encrypted location. Thus Outlook cannot determine your .pst any longer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/154971-outlook-2010-storing-pst-file-encrypted-locker-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I moved outlook 2010 PST file from old computer running XP to new one running Windows 7. At first I got an "access denied" message when I tried to connect to the PST file, then after doing some research I built a new profile, tried unsuccessfully to switch off the "read only" attribute on the file and various containing folders and still it didn't work. Then I found that if I switch "User Account Control" to the lowest possible setting, outlook works fine, but as soon as I move it above even the lowest settings outlook again refuses to connect to the PST file. I'd rather not leave the PC totally unprotected, so I'm looking for a way to fix this so I can restore the User Account Control settings to a medium level and still have my Outlook working.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

David

A:Problem with access after moving Outlook 2010 PST file in Windows 7

"I'd rather not leave the PC totally unprotected"

Even with UAC setting at lowest, your PC is never "totally unprotected" as long as you have a third-party firewall and a dependable antivirus/antispyware installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-access-after-moving-outlook-2010-pst-file-in-windows-7.1042886/
Relevancy 57.19%

I got a computer from my boss and installed Office 2010. it was working just fine until i noticed that the 1TB drive was partitioned into two drives. the second partition was the "data drive". I didn't like this, so I removed the partition with a partition manager program. I still have the data from the drive, but for some reason Outlook won't read the data file and says it can't open it. I think it's in the right location now, but outlook won't check mail. is there anything i can do? i apologize if this is the wrong place to post this question, but i hope that someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction

A:removed partition on drive, and now outlook 2010 can't use data file

Actually, having a separate "data drive" is a very good idea as that allows you to size it accordingly and make backups from it using a separate schedule from your "OS drive".

That said, what happened when you finished doing the following:
1) Opened Outlook
2) Looked in the settings to see the previous locations for files and folders
3) Migrated those files and folders from your backup of the "data drive" to your "OS drive"
3) Changed the locations in Outlook for those files and folders to your "OS Drive"
4) Restarted Outlook with the new settings in place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/306336-removed-partition-drive-now-outlook-2010-cant-use-data-file.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I created an LDAP address book. It doesn't show up in the Navigation Pane for Contacts, so I can't add contacts to it. It does show up under Other Address Books when I click the Address Book button. When I try to add a New Entry, it says 'You cannot create entries for this address book'. How in the world to I access and use this address book?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-problem-new-contact-file-not-showing-in-navigation-pane.947201/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey TSG,

STATISTICS:

Windows XP SP2 with all updates
MS Office 2003 with all updates
Windows is set up with 3 user profiles - error only occurs on "administrator"

PC appears to be clean: I run SPYBOT and AdAware regularly, and CCleaner and Registry Mechanic occasionally. I use fully updated Trend Micro PC-cillin Virus Protection and firewall.

PROBLEM:

For no apparent reason, when I open Outlook I get the message "Data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems" .....pause

...and then Outlook closes. (NOTE: any recommended solution that requires Outlook to be open cannot be applied). I have researched the Web forums and one suggestion was that the .pst file is too large. I back up the .pst file every night and last night's file was 352 meg which does not seem to be too big.

HELP!

Thanks,

kurley

PS: I can get e-mail on-line

A:Outlook 2003 - Error "Data File 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly"

Well the good news is that your .pst file is not too large... the maximum limit for previous versions of office .pst files was 2 GB... usually corruption occurs before this point though (post 1.5 GB is about the point where it becomes prominent), and with the new office 2003 4TB is the theoretical limit of your PST files.

One thing to try... move the location (into another folder) of your .pst file, so that the association of the outlook and the pst file is broken... see if this allows you to open outlook... if so try to remap to the .pst file in its new location, close outlook and see if the issue has been resolved or if it fails to open again.

If you are able to open outlook (with the pst disconnected) and the previous step has failed try using the import/export function and see if you can import your .pst file from the old (corrupted one) to a new one...

There are utilities out there that are able to check the integrity of .pst files, but right at the moment... it escapes me as to which are the recommended scanners.

Other suggestions are welcome...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-error-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.400871/
Relevancy 54.18%

Is there a way to rename my main email from "Personal Folders" to the name I used to create that account. i.e. "[email protected]" is listed in account settings name, not as Personal Folders. (3 other email accounts show the correct account name)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/387235-renaming-personal-folders-ol-2010-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am infected with Internet Security 2010 and Personal Protector. Anything that can be used to remove it is disabled (i.e. MBAM, rkill, sdfix, McAfee etc..) I caught a virus about a month ago and was able to remove it with the above mentioned, however this one seems to be pretty stubborn. What next? Any suggestions? Side note: McAfee stinks!

A:Internet Security 2010/Personal Protector

Hey Ez This virus seems to be getting about alot at the moment , first of all can you open task manager? , if soo look for the following processes

IS2010.exe
41.exe
winlogon86.exe
winupdate86.exe

and end them , they are only the known proccess for the virus you are reffering to , once they have been ended remove them from startup

Start - > Run -> Msconfig -> startup and untick the proccesses above

also then without restarting , download malwarebytes , depending if the virus has been disabled you will or wont be able to run malwarebytes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279650/internet-security-2010personal-protector/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have some users on Outlook 2003.
Here is the situation: When he opens outlook it automatically opens with the Outlook Today window. That is fine. But after he moves around and goes to the Inbox and then clicks on the Tasks. When he clicks on mail again he wants to go back to the Outlook today window.
He says he has done this on his home Outlook but can't remember how he did it.
Is there a way to do this.
I have played around but could not find a setting.
Any help would be great.

A:Outlook 2003 - Always move back to Outlook Today (Personal Folder)

All I do is click on the very top "Personal Folders" and it takes me back to Outlook Today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-always-move-back-to-outlook-today-personal-folder.508720/
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently, I've been hearing a lot about infections of rogue anti-virus or anti-spyware apps, like Personal Security and AntiVirus 2010. Some of my friends have been getting infected with this kind of malware and these are not people who visit porn sites or other "questionable" sites (which are usually the candidates for getting infected).

They don't use P2P software so I'm baffled as to how they are getting infected.

Any ideas on how this kind of malware is infecting machines if the computer user isn't visiting "questionable" sites?

Thanks!

Peace...

Relevancy 52.46%

Is it possible to transfer the personal folders and all email from Outlook Express on a Windows 95 system to Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 system?

Thanks,
john0109

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 52.03%

All of a sudden I could not find my sent mails in the Sent Items Folder I not "This configured" Error been 2010 has Outlook message file data looked for help from the forums and got a suggestion to create another profile to test whether I can see my sent mails there I Outlook 2010 Error message "This data file has not been configured" followed the instructions but there was not enough to lead me through so I don't think I completed creating a profile Then I got another suggestion to purchase the Registry Booster to clean up my registry After I did that I was able to see my sent mails again However I still continue to see the Outlook Data File Popup with the message quot This data file has not been configured Select an existing file to configure or try the name of a new file to create quot After I clicked quot OK quot then I got another pop up to prompting me to choose a file from the Libraries Documents directory I clicked quot Cancel quot then I got another pop up with quot Properities for this data file must be defined prior to use quot I clicked quot OK quot and then I got the Outlook Data File Popup and the same subsequent popups again After clicking through I was able to start my Outlook but when use the registry Booster to scan I got more error messages So apparently these errors from Outlook is mucking up my registry Anyone has any idea about this problem Please help Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you Helen

A:Outlook 2010 Error message "This data file has not been configured"

Hi Helen,

Firstly, you certainly do not need any registry boosters to solve Outlook data file issues - was this a recommendation made by someone, or was this suggested to you by an automated pop-up? If its the latter, is there any chance you could be infected by some sort of malware?

To solve the Outlook issue, do you know where your Outlook data file is being stored? Can you do a search on your computer for all files with this extension:

.pst

Post back here with your findings. Also, can you tell us about your current system : what anti-virus software are you using. I'm a bit concerned about this Registry Booster : generally speaking, in most cases you really do not need/want to be mucking with the registry at all.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164037-outlook-2010-error-message-data-file-has-not-been-configured.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Normally when you try to send an email from a link from firefox via quot file- gt send link quot your default email open "file->send Outlook on auto link" won't 2010 program automatically opens assuming it s not already open If Outlook is already open no problem it works fine Outlook 2010 won't auto open on "file->send link" If it s closed I get the error below about a dll error telling me to reinstall outlook if I manually open Outlook I can then email the link If I insert the Office disc to try a repair Outlook 2010 won't auto open on "file->send link" I get an other error below saying was not uninstalled properly and to uninstall it Outlook 2010 won't auto open on "file->send link" before I can do the repair gotcha-catch -can t get there from here etc I see nothing in add remove to indicate there is a trace of Office remaining I can send screen shots of the registry if desired but see nothing there indicating was not removed fully but could be wrong I m fine with surgical edits if necessary I ve been running Office for a year with no other problems beyond this and it s possible this existed from day and it just took me a while to notice it Any suggestion on how to either fix the dll issue directly or deal with the uninstall hopefully without uninstalling and starting over Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-wont-auto-open-on-file-send-link.1052997/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,

I have my GoDaddy email account setup as an IMAP using Outlook 2010. Intermittently when I receive emails, they will go straight to the 'Outlook Data File' and completely erase them from any of my other email clients. I will even be literally reading an email on my iPhone and before I can finish the email disappears to my office computer if outlook is running. Any way to fix this?

Thank you!

A:Outlook 2010 - Data File "Stealing" Emails

Elegantly simple my friend - just make sure Outlook is not running when you are using a different device to read emails with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-data-file-stealing-emails.1040984/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Windows Professional and just upgraded IE from to Afterwards I observed that Outlook was not downloading pictures instead showing red x's and Excel embedded internet queries stopped working nbsp I think I've cornered the problem but can't seem to fix I 11 (embedded Outlook 2010 appears queries) affecting Excel to 2010 corrupted have and upgrade TIF (images) IE have also observed that IE's temporary internet files TIF folder may be missing Internet Options gt Browsing History gt Settings gt Temporary Internet Files shows nothing under Current Location and the allotted disk space is set to zero and cannot be changed If I input another number no matter the number I receive the following error message quot Please select a value between and for how much disk space Temporary Internet Files may use IE 11 upgrade appears to have corrupted TIF affecting Outlook 2010 (images) and Excel 2010 (embedded queries) quot I have tried renaming the following RegEdit keys but to no avail Cache and LowCache both under HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Internet Settings gt They get replaced when IE is re-opened The actual values within the registry keys are as follows Cache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal LowCache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal This is driving me crazy Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp -David

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b77214fb-b934-4d5b-9340-a0067bd56a8c/ie-11-upgrade-appears-to-have-corrupted-tif-affecting-outlook-2010-images-and-excel-2010-embedded?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Windows Professional and just upgraded IE from to Afterwards I observed that Outlook was not downloading pictures instead showing red x's and Excel embedded internet 2010 and appears (embedded Outlook IE TIF corrupted to queries) 11 affecting have (images) 2010 upgrade Excel queries stopped working nbsp I think I've cornered the problem but can't seem to fix I have also observed that IE 11 upgrade appears to have corrupted TIF affecting Outlook 2010 (images) and Excel 2010 (embedded queries) IE's temporary internet files TIF folder may be missing Internet Options gt Browsing History gt Settings gt Temporary Internet Files shows nothing under Current Location and the allotted disk space is set to zero and cannot be changed If I input another number no matter the number I receive the following error message quot Please select a value between and for how much disk space Temporary Internet Files may use quot I have tried renaming the following RegEdit keys but to no avail Cache and LowCache both under HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Internet Settings gt They get replaced when IE is re-opened The actual values within the registry keys are as follows Cache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal LowCache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal This is driving me crazy Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp -David

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66c5eb9a-6005-49cd-b8cb-8fbc8e1c8c46/ie-11-upgrade-appears-to-have-corrupted-tif-affecting-outlook-2010-images-and-excel-2010-embedded?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.03%

I had a problem with Outlook emails hanging up in the outbox and then sending as many as 14 copies of the same message. I was unable to fix this Using the "Repair" function of the upgrade installation disk (created from the downloaded file). I removed Office completely and tried to reload; however, my disk got corrupted and Outlook is no longer available. Is there a way to recover Outlook without having to purchase it separately? I am using Office Professional Plus 2010 Home Use Program. The email that came with the original download from Digital River states to go to the "Account Management Console" to reload; however, this is on a hard copy and the original email with the link is no longer available. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Outlook 2010 missing from Office Professional Plus 2010

If you downloaded this from Digital River, then you may be able to download it again, contact them and ask.

If you can download the install file again and it works, burn yourself a CD of the downloaded install file.

Also write the keycode on the CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2010-missing-from-office-professional-plus-2010.1044912/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All Win Prof bit Office Task 2010 Word Document from in a a 2010 Outlook Creating I've been trying to create a Task in Outlook from a Word Document that I have created on this computer The idea is that a shortcut to the document is created as an Outlook Task Click on the shortcut and voila - Creating a Task in Outlook 2010 from a Word 2010 Document there is the document The quot Create Microsoft Office Task quot icon DOES send the document to Outlook as a Shortcut in a Task however when I open the task Outlook says quot Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments Shortcut to 'document name' quot It's NOT an unsafe attachment Outlook WILL OPEN this document if I send it as an email attachment Outlook will open docx files types This is a one person computer no network no sharing And this problem has been driving me crazy This would be a wonderful feature if I can get it to work Anyone have any ideas what I or Outlook are doing wrong Thanks for your help Barb

A:Creating a Task in Outlook 2010 from a Word 2010 Document

I think this will do the job for you:
Add & Create Outlook 2010 Tasks From Word 2010

Quote:
You can create a task from Word 2010 document and save it under Outlook 2010 tasks. This feature is by default concealed but you can make it apparent on Quick Access toolbar and use it directly.

In order to use this feature, you need to make this feature apparent on Word 2010 Quick Access Toolbar, head over to Quick Access Toolbar and from small drop down button click More Commands.

You will reach Word Options dialog. Hit drop-down button present beneath the Choose commands and select All Commands. Now scroll-down the list and find Create Microsoft Outlook Task command. Select it and click Add (>>) to show it on Quick Access toolbar pane. Once added, hit OK.

First save the document and then select any portion of the text in the document from which you want to create the task, from Quick Access toolbar, click Outlook task button.

Upon click, it will create Outlook task for the Word document and you will reach Outlook Task dialog where you can set Start and Due date for the task and add more information about it. Save & close the task to view it under Outlook tasks.

When opening task in Outlook 2010, you can also view the document from which it was created from, just double-click the document to open it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/221473-creating-task-outlook-2010-word-2010-document.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just installed Outlook on my new Samsung laptop running Windows a few days ago an upgrade from Outlook that I was previously using on my old computer running XP My husband amp I have different email accounts so I started configuring all of them on the new version amp it all seemed to be working fine Last night my husband moved our saved emails etc from our old computer to the new one At first everything went smooth All the stuff we still had on the old File" 2010 "Data Outlook error pc showed up in all the right places in our new inboxes Once he was finished we tested send receive several times amp it was all working fine That is until this morning After powering Outlook 2010 "Data File" error up the laptop amp starting Outlook I've discovered that all email accounts work EXCEPT our main account This is the error message I keep getting Sending' reported error x F 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed ' Receiving' reported error x F 'Outlook data file cannot be Outlook 2010 "Data File" error accessed ' I used one of our other email accounts that work to send my husband an email showing him the error He has no idea how to fix it amp I have tried to find an answer online amp can't Can anyone as if you're talking to a child explain to me how to fix this problem Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 "Data File" error

Welcome to SF kimbojo

Have you tried a repair?
Office 2010 - Perform Repairs
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...010357402.aspx

Also do a Scan pst.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...010075831.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/232705-outlook-2010-data-file-error.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all
Having totally WIPED office 2010 from my system and re-installed again the problem I had with the "Purge" folder not appearing now is SOLVED.

However you still don't get a line through the deleted items -- but they are in Trash folder now.

This is BETTER but still NOT WHAT IS NEEDED -- as another computer with Outlook 2007 doesn't get the "Non purged" items in the inbox which it should do.

IMAP should effectively leave items in the Inbox until purged -- otherwise I might as well go back to POP3 - more fiddly to manage whern you leave stuff on the server but it works.

What I'm resigned to doing now is to use the REST of the office 2010 suite (EXCEL etc) which is really good but stick with Outlook 2007 for email.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 Saga with IMAP, Can I use Office 2010 and

I do like the way 2010 deletes the emails without purge, but I have found that rules randomly fail and some mail goes awol for a while when switching between folders (it reappears after a while)

IMO outlook 2003 is still the best (I hated 2007) but I will reserve full judgement until 2010 is out of beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/54109-outlook-2010-saga-imap-can-i-use-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Every day I send out excel documents that I then convert to pdf s I use the same excel template on each document The only thing that changes in each document per recipient is the quot name quot quot company quot amp quot email quot fields in the excel document Question Is there a way I can get these documents to interface with outlook so that when I select more than one person Outlook & 2010 2010 Excel fields Populate to receive the document as many as people will Outlook 2010 & Excel 2010 Populate fields receive the same document and auto populate the contact info quot name quot quot company quot quot email quot This way would save me a few steps so that I don t have to pick a contact type all their info in the fields send Select my next contact enter appropriate info in the fields and repeat and repeat I m emailing job specific information to everyone working on the same job I m sending it to multiple people but need it to look like they were the only one who received the document Just like when you get an email about the quot deal of the week quot that says quot Dear Mr Johnson How s your summer going quot while someone in NYC gets the same letter that says quot Dear Mr Thompson How s your summer going quot from the same sender Of course the deal of the week changes each week How can I make this happen If there is a better way outside using excel to create pdfs or a totally different method entirely I m all ears I just need to send the information and it not be able to be easily modified by the recipient I know there has to be a more efficient way to do this Thank you for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-excel-2010-populate-fields.1014381/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

this maybe a tricky one, im not that techi so please bare with me

I am using MS office 2010

when I try to link an access database to an outlook folder using the:

home ribbon > External Data > import & Link > more > outlook Folder.

after I click on the "outlook folder" option, nothing happens.

absolutely nothing. no warning, no error, no not responding.. nothing at all.

I spent hours and hours looking for solutions, messed other parts of my computer and still no success

I need to link to my outlook contact. please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF1RYvwpeeE this may sound silly I uploaded a video on you tube asking for help.

A:Access 2010 Linking to outlook folder 2010

Works like a charm on mine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2010-linking-to-outlook-folder-2010.1007140/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

this maybe a tricky one, im not that techi so please bare with me

I am using MS office 2010

when I try to link an access database to an outlook folder using the:

home ribbon > External Data > import & Link > more > outlook Folder.

after I click on the "outlook folder" option, nothing happens.

absolutely nothing. no warning, no error, no not responding.. nothing at all.

I spent hours and hours looking for solutions, messed other parts of my computer and still no success

I need to link to my outlook contact. please help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF1RYvwpeeE this may sound silly I uploaded a video on you tube asking for help.

A:Access 2010 Linking to outlook folder 2010

As a work around...Export your contacts from Outlook to csv then import (text) to Access. File > Options > Advanced...Export is midway down the page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2010-linking-to-outlook-folder-2010.1007146/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have had a terrible time trying to trace down "not responding" in various programs. About 90% of the time however, it occurs in Outlook 2010 and sometimes in Word 2010. I took down the information from the event viewer after the last time it happened so badly that I had to restart the program because waiting didn't bring it back.
Win 7 Prof, SP1. i7, 930 with 24 gig of 1333 Kingston HyperX ram. Several drives: C SSD Plextor and Office is actually installed on a WD Caviar. Neither drive show errors. Only thing I see is that the Caviar is using Microsoft 2006 driver and I haven't been able to find a newer driver. Happens when SATA is set to AHCI and when it is set to IDE.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.
BTW, I have run scannow and also have gone through my pst files and archived.

Louise

A:Outlook 2010 and sometimes other Office 2010 not responding

Your post is evidently messed up as your graphics are not readable.
You might want to look at your post and see what you can do to clarify
your pictures.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263689-outlook-2010-sometimes-other-office-2010-not-responding.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am attempting to find add-ons for Outlook 2010. This is what I need the add-on to do:
Export an email from Outlook onto our server, and into a job folder.
Save file with date email was received, not exported out of Outlook, and subject line.
Thanks

A:Outlook 2010/export emails from outlook to CSV folder with received date and subject

Why not drag and drop the email to the file system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-export-emails-from-outlook-to-csv-folder-with-received-date-and-subject.1043231/
Relevancy 48.59%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed MS Outlook on one of my offices users and I imported a second pst file because some emails went through before I copied the old Outlook pst file in Now here is the problem 2 Folders ?? has Personal Outlook There is currently personal folders and Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? when a new email comes in it goes to both personal folders Also when the user clicks on quot new quot and then clicks on the quot to quot button to access his address books he is prompted with an error that one of the contacts list does not exist to remove the folder Then he clicked on quot OK quot to exit the error and the contact list was there I would like to know how to remove the second personal folders Im guessing this is causing the errors correct me if im wrong but I cannot find anywhere to remove that folder Please any help would be highly appreciated Second less important problem When I re-install windows and office I have to keep their old pst files Is there a way I can just put the old pst into the proper place and their accounts will be already activated and the mail will be there Or do I need to re-add the account Im kinda confused on if I need to import the pst or Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? if a simple pasting of the original pst is good enough Thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

My profile was toast so my work Helpdesk created another. Everything is restored except my Outlook personal folders that were stored on my HD. It (of course) has months of archieved emails from all my customers and I cannot work effeciently without it.

I have searched for .PST files and cannot find the file to import. .I have searched for hidden files. My new mail is flowing in just fine and my calendar is there.

Help!!

A:Where is my Outlook personal folder?

You do not import them you will go to "File">>"Open">>"Outlook Data File" and open the pst files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-is-my-outlook-personal-folder.718036/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have recently reinstalled MS Outlook 2000 and now there are three copies of the Personal Folder. When I click on those folders I get the following message:

"Unable to display the folder. An unexpected error has ocurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service mspst.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

Can anyone help me with this issue??

A:Ms Outlook Personal Folders

This article is about an older version of Windows, but it might help you: Error Message: The Set of Folders Could Not Be Opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40533/ms-outlook-personal-folders/
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently a customer of the company I work for did some upgrade to their system (not exactly sure what). The result is that when they send a mail containing a hyperlink to file on their website, the link doesn't work.
When you hover over the link you should get something like 'https//thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
However, what we actually get on Outlook 2003 is 'outbind://39-00000000C176F3FF67E6754394476777057BDCA60700071475F5FEB9AC4FABB3D7C8EE9381620000007059
EB000088DD1DB25534C84FACDD47289A5756BB000000B81C170000/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
On mac mail it looks like this 'x-msg://24/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.

The links work fine on Outlook 2010. Any idea what's happening here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-hyperlinks-not-working-on-outlook-2003-or-mac-mail.1061245/
Relevancy 48.16%

i was curious, i inputted the mail servers by hand, it works... does it do the mai sync etc faster if it,s done thru outlook or its the same result??

using imap-mail.outlook.com with 993 port thru SSL and smtp-mail.outlook.com with 587 thry TLS

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/401366-outlook-2010-wont-sync-win7-using-outlook-connector.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have the outlook Hotmail connector installed on my work machine (On outlook 2010), and I also have outlook 2016 (which connects to outlook.com natively) on my home machine.

Both have stopped playing nice with outlook.com in different ways::

outlook 2010 simply wont connect with outlook.com at all -
Outlook 2016 shows my email and calendar from outlook.com but will no longer show my wife's shared calendar.

Both of these installations were working perfectly with no issues prior to the recent outlook.com upgrade.
Has anyone else experiences issues like this?

A:Outlook Hotmail Connector 2010 not working after outlook.com upgrade

Hotmail Connector is no longer supported and will only work with the old Outlook.com. After your Outlook.com account has been migrated to the new Office 365 backend, you'll need to re-configure your account and not use Hotmail Connector anymore.

Details here:
Outlook.com migration changes; What do I need to know and do? - HowTo-Outlook

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68675-outlook-hotmail-connector-2010-not-working-after-outlook-com-upgrade.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new Dell Inspiron 14Z running windows 7 pro 64bit and i'm using Microsoft office 2010.
I'm trying to retrieve archived emails that i backed up on an external hard drive from a previous computer, the files are .pst which is an outlook format but i keep on getting an error message saying the file is not an Outlook data file (.pst).
i dont have any other way to retrieve these emails since they were deleted from the server and its about 1.5 years of work emails. Not sure what to do? should i move the files from the external driver to a different location on the computer and open them, or are they corrupted and need to be fixed?

A:Archived outlook files will not open on outlook 2010, any suggestions?

This might help you: Fix Outlook 2010 Problem: PST File Repair Tool

In short, there's a PST file repair tool included with Office 2010, but no shortcut to the tool exists in the start menu. The above link tells you how to find the tool and run it - see if it can fix up your PST file and make it readable by Outlook 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/199828-archived-outlook-files-will-not-open-outlook-2010-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I send invites to lots of all day events from my Outlook 2003 to users who have Outlook 2010. When I send these through I set them to not have reminders set. However, when they get accepted to Outlook 2010, it sets a reminder which means they are being woken up at 11.45pm by reminders for these events. I assume this is a compatibility thing between the two versions? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

This is becoming a real pain for our managers so any assistance that anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stephie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-invite-to-outlook-2010-reminders.981406/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently upgraded my office suite from 2010 to 2013.
However, I'm not able to find all my stuff of outlook-2010 within new outlook-2013.
How to recover?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Folks

This is my first post on the Windows 7 Forums I hope General Discussions is the correct place for my post.

I will shortly be getting a new desktop pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. It will have Microsoft office Outlook 2010 on it.
This will replace my current computer which has Outlook 2003.

Is there a way of transferring my saved emails from Outlook 2003 on my old pc to outlook 2010 on my new pc?

Also I currently have 3 email accounts. Is it possible to configure Outlook 2010 to be able to view emails from 3 different email accounts?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Richard

A:How do I transfer emails from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010

Hello Richard and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not a fan of Outlook so I don't have a lot of experience with it. Having said that, I remembered an old Microsoft Answers forum thread about moving 2003 .pst files over to 2010. The first answer by Russ Valentine should still be valid. One suggestion if I may. Before attempting to move any emails I think it would be helpful to back them up, make a system image, do something to protect them should the unthinkable happen.

Moving Outlook 2003 Data Filses to Outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers

There's a separate Seven Forums category for "Browsers & Mail" about half way down on the home page. You may get some better repsonses and suggestions if you ask one of the Forum Moderators or Admin to move this thread over. In the upper right corner of your original post is a red triangle. If you click on that you should get a dialog box where you can ask that the thread be moved.

Browsers & Mail - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253147-how-do-i-transfer-emails-outlook-2003-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I've just started using Outlook 2010 instead of WLM 2010, because it is getting too slow and really bugging me.

I'm able to send/receive mail from a web account (from a website I administrate), my Gmail and ONE windows live account, but my main email (the second windows live account) just wont process.

Attached a screenshot of what happens.

Like I said, it's weird this is happening to just one of my Hotmail accounts, but it's so annoying to have to use two email clients, or one client and one browser.

This seems to be a very unreliable thing Outlook Connector does, but is there any way to fix it? I've tried repairing/re-installing Connector, repaired Office, re-added the account, and deleting the OST files. still no luck.

I'm on Win 7 Home Premium SP1 Running Office 2010 Pro.

Thanks,
Sam

A:Outlook Connector (Outlook 2010) Won't send/receive

Are you using the 32-bit version of of Office or the 64-bit version?

Assuming you are using the 32-bit version of Office you also need to use the 32-bit version of Outlook Connector and vice versa.

This link is posted in the hope it may help you: http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-...sed-today.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/202004-outlook-connector-outlook-2010-wont-send-receive.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Just going through the frustrating task of switching to new Win machines from old XP machines I have several thousand important business e-mails on my old XP Outlook 6 e-mails to Importing 2010 from Express Outlook machine under Outlook Express Six different accounts each with their own inbox Four are POP are IMAP The new machine has Office with Outlook and I have set up all accounts and they are sending and receiving fine I have read several articles on how to move or export import all my old e-mails into Outlook but they all seem to be written as if I have both Outlook Express and Outlook on both machines - not the case Some say to install Outlook temporarily on the old machine and make the conversion there - is this really necessary Where would I get just Outlook Download a trial version The articles all seem to make reference to a PST file I have located the store files on the Outlook Express old machine and they are all in a dbx format Additionally there are literally dozens of these dbx files many for old folders that I no longer have on the old machine even some old e-mail accounts that have been closed for years Can someone walk me though how to move export import my e-mails from my old XP machine with Outlook Express xxx only onto my new machine with Outlook only Can I migrate Importing e-mails from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2010 individual folders or do I have to move everything all accounts plus the sent items folder at once Sure would appreciate any help here Importing e-mails from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2010 - I'm getting nowhere following the articles I have found online Thanks in advance Slider

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528898/importing-e-mails-from-outlook-express-6-to-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 47.73%

It seems that, in backing up my Outlook pst files on an external hard disk, I have created and now erased backup files that Outlook keeps looking for. In any case, every time I launch Outlook (2000), I get an error message: the f:\outlook 26 sep 06 backup could not be found, followed by a create/open personal folders menu. I need to click OK for the first and cancel for the second for Outlook to then launch correctly. I've also got three 'extra' 'personal folders' folders in addition to my Outlook Today personal folders. Can someone please provide some guidance about cleaning up this mess, while enabling me to continue backing up my Outlook files on my external drive?
Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Yesterday I wanted to shift one personal folder into another and then all the folders disappeared except for one! That folder does not contain the missing files or content.

Using search I can track the individual emails / content and even see the folders but cannot access them when I double click on them!

I am running Vista Small Business with Outlook 2007 all new. I have not imported from previous Outlook but started from scratch if that helps

Any clues on what to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-gone-awol.654693/
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know a way to have the IMAP account as the default .pst (Personal Folder) in outlook instead of having 2?
Thanks in advance!

A:IMAP Personal Folder In Outlook

Hi dztraw, welcome to TSG. As I understand it (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), the IMAP pst is a temporary file that is used when opening Outlook, so it cannot be the default pst. In addition, the IMAP pst contains only mail items - not calendar, contacts, etc. It looks like there's third-party software that might change that, but I don't know how well it works. Search for "insight connector" if you need more information. Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/imap-personal-folder-in-outlook.832353/
Relevancy 47.73%

We run Terminal Server 4 with Citrix Metaframe. We have Outlook for the users to get their email with. (No one has a PC, everyone is on WYSE WinTerm thinclients). I have created a Personal Address Book for everyone to use but when people go to access it maybe 2 or 3 people can use it. The rest of the people get an error saying you cant log in to the PAB. How do I make this work?

A:Outlook 97 and Personal Address Books

I don't think you can share a PAB. Get everyone out of it Outlook. Have a person who was previously unable to get into the PAB, try again.

I'm not familiar at all with your hardware. But, you can't put PSTs or PABs on network shares because it's like any other unshareable file--it's in use. Since the PAB would be in use when Joanie has Outlook open, Joanie has to close Outlook for Jimmie to get into the PAB.

If you're using a mail server you should be able to set up a global address list.

If you aren't, then the best I can suggest is to have one person be in charge of the address list--everybody submits changes to that person. Once a week, or however often, she puts out a new PAB with instructions to save it to their desktop, close Outlook, overwrite old PAB with new PAB, open Outlook.

Sucks. I know. I hope I've misunderstood what you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-97-and-personal-address-books.41746/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I right click on the personal folders file, and then click on Close "Personal folder", I get an error message - "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Running "outlook.exe /cleanviews" makes no difference. How can I get rid of these personal folders? I am running the corporate version of Outlook 2000 with Windows XP Professional SP2.

Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to restore some pst files in outlook but they wont come up. Even if I try to do a system restore in XP and go back a few days, the system restore fails.

A:Outlook Personal Folder Restore

System Restore won't restore deleted files in this case (I think). You may need to use a file recovery program to restore deleted files like this. I use Restoration, a freeware utility that doesn't even need to be installed. Available here: http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64780/outlook-personal-folder-restore/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I'm having trouble with a users personal folder, it wont open and it throws up an error that it is being used by another application and that application should be closed. This is even so when Outlook (2000 SR2) is the only app running on the machine.

Any pointers on this one??

Also, the users .pst file is just over 1GB in size (i know, i know!!). If this is the cause of the error...how do i go about breaking up the pst file into smaller, more manageable ones if i cant get into it?

Thanks in advance
Andy