Windows Support Forum

Comparing lists in excel?

Q: Comparing lists in excel?

Hi, I have 2 lists of numbers in excel, both lists are about 40000 long each. I need to see how many records match and see what ones are unmatched?

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? Have tried 'IF' but could only make it check individual cells rather than the whole list?

Cheers.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Comparing lists in excel?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Comparing lists in excel?

I think you might find Steps: 4 & 5 useful in the following article - Use Excel to compare two lists of data - Excel - Microsoft Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/135684-comparing-lists-excel.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I have 2 price lists from different years. I have copied and pasted the p/n's and costs from both so there is 1 spreadsheet with 4 columns a,b,c,d. Columns A and C are both p/n's from their respected years and columns b and d are costs for each of those years. I Would like to take these 4 columns and create 3. I want 1 column with all the p/ns so I would need to match and remove duplicates and then I would like to keep both of the b and d columns but have them match up properly to column a once a and c and joined and duplicates removed.

Is this possible, sorry if this is just jumbled together.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

This may be a very elementary question. I am not a super sophisticated excel user, but was wondering if there is a way in Excel to compare the formulas (instead of the results) across several worksheets in a workbook. For example, I need to know if the formula in cell A1 on every worksheet is the same.

Optimally, if one does not equal the test formula, I would like to have the tab name returned.

Thanks in advance,
DV

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi Guys,

I have an Excel 2007 Workbook with two Sheets.

Sheet1 is Info pulled from a SQL DB Table. It shows Residential and Postal codes for suburbs. Both residential and postal codes appear in one column.

Sheet2 is info pulled from the Post Office Website. It shows Residential and postal codes. However, it displays them in two seperate columns.

Therefore, Sheet1
A B C
Suburb City code
---------- ------ -------

Sheet2 :
A B C D
Suburb City Residentialcode postal
---------- ----- ----------------------- ---------
I need to compare these data as the data from the SQL DB(Sheet1) may be outdated. Sheet2 is from the post office as

Is there anyway to compare them?

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have the following challenge: I need to compare two excel files and check if certain identification numbers of participants in the one file are also present in the second file. The first file contains the identification numbers of the people who were invited to complete a questionnaire (SampleMapLookUp) and the second file contains the data of the questionnaires that were sent back (SampleFileBase). Is there a way to automate this process? In annex two sample files: SampleMapLookUp is the file with the numbers (name of the column is "ID_IND") that I want to check in the second file: SampleMapBase (name of the column here is "his_1").
I don't know if it was necessary but for testing sake I marked the numbers that should be found in yellow in the SampleMapBase. The resulting file should ideally have the lay-out and content of SampleMapLookUp.

Thanks for any advice,

Eddy

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I am using a code to compare two spreadsheet One of the function is to copy the modified records in a different worksheet highlighting changes element in red The script works but ONLY when Excel VBA spreadsheet comparing Solved: the cell is modified to quot blank quot no value I get coloured in red the upper cell instead of the correct one Here the script any help Sub GDV Dim WsA As Worksheet WsB As Worksheet WsC As Worksheet WsD As Worksheet WsE As Worksheet Dim rFind As Range c As Range Dim I As Integer ColCnt As Integer Set WsA Worksheets quot OldExport quot Set WsB Worksheets quot NewExport quot Set Solved: Excel VBA comparing spreadsheet WsC Worksheets quot Changes quot Set WsD Worksheets quot PosDeleted quot Set WsE Worksheets quot PosAdded quot ColCnt WsA Cells Columns Count End xlToLeft Column With CreateObject quot Scripting Dictionary quot For Each c In WsA Range quot A quot WsA Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp If Not exists c Value Then Add c Value False Set rFind WsB Columns Find What c Value LookIn xlValues If Not rFind Is Nothing Then For I To ColCnt If Not c Offset I - WsB Cells rFind Row I Then If Item c Value False Then rFind Resize ColCnt Copy WsC Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Offset Item c Value True End If WsC Cells Rows Count I End xlUp Interior ColorIndex End If Next I Else MsgBox c Value amp quot PosID has been canceled quot c Resize ColCnt Copy WsD Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Offset End If End If Next c For Each c In WsB Range quot A quot WsB Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp If Not exists c Value Then MsgBox c Value amp quot PosID has been added quot c Resize ColCnt Copy WsE Range quot A quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Offset End If Next c End With End SubClick to expand nbsp

A:Solved: Excel VBA comparing spreadsheet

to who may be interested
I found a solution (workaround) here:
http://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...adsheet.html?p=2818323&viewfull=1#post2818323

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-comparing-spreadsheet.1056407/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a spreadsheet that I wish to compare 2 columns and bring the information from the 3rd. For example, if A6 is equal to an item in G1:G98, then the number in B6 should equal the corresponding number in H1:h98. The formula I used is =VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE) It works great except the problem I have is sometimes there is no corresponding value in G1:G98. In that case I would like it to enter the number 0.

A:Solved: Excel comparing 2 columns

Hi Bsoda,

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE)),0,(VLOOKUP(A8,$G$1:$H$98,2,FALSE)))
lol
Hew

(looking at what I just posted, its displaying an extra space in the final FALSE, but its not there when I go to Edit it!!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-comparing-2-columns.1003722/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have a list of customer IDs in two columns. I want to generate the customer IDs which are missing in either of the two columns in a third column. What formula can be applied here?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I am new to macros. I want to compare two excel spreadsheets. Specifically, Book1 is the source file with upto 4 columns populated. Book2 has only one column populated with data that might be contained in any of the 4 columns of Book1. What I am looking for this, a macro to compare each cell of Book2 with the contents of Book1 and if there is a match, to highlight the particular cell in Book1 and in Book2.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Relevancy 61.06%

HELP

I need to compare 2 different Excel spreadsheets (each spreadsheet has at least one column of data which is the same) When I get a match I want to be able to then say if a match occurs then show the data from another cell. The main priority is how to compare the 2 spreadsheets. I think it is something to do with VLOOKUP but I am a complete novice so please help if you can.

A:Excel - comparing 2 separate worksheets

It's easy to do if the rows and column numbers are the same but once they are throughout the column with the same vale it gets weird. Try a pivot table to do it. I think you are getting into the realm of a database with what you are trying to do. Try a simple databse and import you data into different tables for each spreadsheet and run a query on the two fields that contain the same data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-comparing-2-separate-worksheets.49484/
Relevancy 61.06%

How do you compare 2 Excel workbooks,not sheets, at the same time.in order to compare side by side the data contained in each..

Thank you for your guidance

roy[/SIZE]

A:Viewing/Comparing 2 Excel workbooks

Open both documents in the same instance of Excel and then click Window/compare side by side.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-comparing-2-excel-workbooks.839685/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello!
I want to compare two cells in excel. Each cell is multi-valued. i want to compare both cells and place common number and uncommon number in two different cells.
i.e.
Col A Col B Col C Col D
1,2,5,7 4,5,7,2
2,3,1,8 3,5,9,1
3,5,9,6 4,9,8,6

So i want to compare each cell in A & B and put common numbers in C and different numbers in D.
Can i do it with formula? bcz i have a very large list..
please help me.
Thanks

A:comparing multivalued excel cells

Welcome to TSG!

I'd click on "Report" below your first post here and request thread moved to "Business Applications" forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-multivalued-excel-cells.857786/
Relevancy 61.06%

Good day -

I need to compare cells in the same column in a BIG Excel 2007 file. When a change in the values is found, insert a row. Example:

A801
A801
A801
999B
999B
80C5
80C5

Using this example, a blank row would be added between the last A801 entry and the first 999B entry. And another blank row would be entered between the last 999B entry and the first 80C5 entry. I.e.,

A801
A801
A801

999B
999B

80C5
80C5

As you can tell from my example, the cells to be compared are alpha/numeric. Ideas?

Thank you in advance. abgbpb

Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using Excel 2007, Windows vista. I need to compare actual costs (sheet 1) and estimated costs (sheet 2) to get the cost variance (sheet three) I'm getting really wacked out numbers using consolidation, but I have no idea what I'm doing

A:excel - comparing two worksheets to get data for a third

May I assume that the rows in Sheet1 and Sheet2 are not the same?
There must bbe a common denominator against which you want / can compare the costs?
A simple sample would help give the picture of the actual situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-comparing-two-worksheets-to-get-data-for-a-third.985438/
Relevancy 60.2%

I need to take information from a separate excel workbook and add it to the information being output to the four note pad documents The code I have right now is Private Sub BigButtonOfDoing for comparing footer header excel in Importing and and Click Dim target As Worksheet For Each target In Worksheets SheetStorage target Next End Sub Public Sub SheetStorage target As Worksheet Dim iFileForSheet As Integer LR As Long i As Long Dim strFile As String Dim strRec As String Dim qoutes As String Dim comma As String strFile quot C Documents and Settings nicolas amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp DDLGanerator output quot amp target Range quot J quot Value amp quot txt quot LR target Range quot C quot amp Rows Count End xlUp Row iFileForSheet FreeFile Open strFile For Output As iFileForSheet For i To LR Print iFileForSheet target Range quot C quot amp i Value Spc target Range quot D quot amp i Value Spc target Range quot G quot amp i Value Spc target Range quot J quot amp Importing and comparing for header and footer in excel i Value Next i Close iFileForSheet End Sub There is the name of the document in cell j The information shown below is from a separate workbook that needs to be opened compared against then read in as the table name as the header and the tablespace initial and next as the footer TableName TableSpace Initial Next PS NFS JK MAIN NFSPRJ M M PS NFS JK HITO NFSPRJ K K PS NFS JK TAIJIN NFSPRJ M M PS NFS HOSPITAL MS NFSPRJ K K PS NFS JK TAIBUTSU NFSPRJ K K PS NFS JK SHARYO NFSPRJ K K PS NFS IMAGE PATH NFSPRJ K K amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp tablename is the same as in cell j in the main workbook all the information shown here needs to be displayed like so CREATE TABLE PS NFS HOSPITAL MS quot information already inputted by above code quot TABLESPACE NFSPRJ STORAGE INITIAL K NEXT K thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-and-comparing-for-header-and-footer-in-excel.834051/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all. I have 2 spreadsheets which contain subscription information for 2 different products costing £21.58 and £5.96. I'm trying to merge this information so that if Mr A in spreadsheet 1 is shown as subscribing to Product B and the same person in spreadsheet 2 is shown as subscribing to Product C, an additional column shows in spreadsheet 1 so that it then appears as: Mr A - £21.58 - £5.96

If not, the columns would show Mr A - £21.58 - 0 (or blank) etc

The code for VLOOKUP is straight-forward but only returns the first row. I need it to reference every row and cross-reference the data.

I'm using Windows 7 and Excel 2010. I've attached a small example though the actual spreadsheet has around 3000 rows. I only need to do this once to get a single file up and running.

Any ideas

Many thanks

Nos

A:Solved: Comparing multiple values in excel

Sorry all. Now solved using a simple VLOOKUP and defined names with a fill-down. Doh!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-multiple-values-in-excel.1069167/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi guys, I have different data sets from two different software programs these two programs share data.these are bookkeeping entries. debet creditbank 100bank1 200.18soft 100soft 200.18the first data set consist of the last two entries of soft but then like a a lot of entries of soft. the second data set consist als of soft debet creditsoft 300.18person1 100person2 200.18i have to match soft of the first data set that consist of soft 200.18 and 100 with the second data set dat consist of the same soft but the sum of the individuals soft.can sombody give me an idea on how to look at these problems in excel.

A:excel challenge comparing two data sets

We probably have a language issue here, so it may a few tries before we can offer a solution. At this point I am totally confused by your request. Perhaps you could post some more examples of your input along with the desired output. We want to help, really we do!Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post example data in this forum. Thanks!Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-challenge-comparing-two-data-sets/19862.html
Relevancy 60.2%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys, I have a spredsheet with 3 seperate worksheets. One has a huge list of properties in a column, and the second worksheet has another huge list of properties in a column. I need to know how to compare column 1 (on worksheet 1) with column 2 (on worksheet 2) and then return values that have close or exact match.

E.g

Table 1 Table 2

Sky Hotel Moon Hotel
Golden palace hotel Golden palace hotel
Atrium Hotel Atrium Hotel
Beach Hotel Beach hotel

I need these values to be compared, and ones that match/or do not match to be listed on worksheet 3. E.G

Worksheet3:

Table 1 Table 2
Golden Palace Golden Palace
Atrium Hotel Atrium Hotel
Beach Hotel Beach Hotel

(notice how sky hotel has not been displayed here)

If Vlookup or something similar is the formulae to use, could you tell me how to use it, as I've tried but to no result.

Thanks guys!

A:Excel 2007 - comparing values in one worksheet to another

The simple answer is arrange the tables next to each other (1 in column A, 2 in column B), then use:

=A1=B1

in column C to return TRUE or FALSE.

However, I suspect it's more complicated than you're suggesting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-comparing-values-in-one-worksheet-to-another.697896/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All,

i want to compare data between two work sheets of one workbook and if data matches then it will be copied to third work sheet automatically. can some body help me.

Thanks
Kapil

Relevancy 60.2%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I am trying to find the minimum number out of a set that has a certain label entered beside it. For example:
Number of OrdersCompany
993 BananaCorp
1200 ZoomZoom
500 Banana Corp
43664 Omletted Way
545 Tomato Inc

I want to find the least amount of orders taken from BananaCorp

Thanks!!!

A:Excel - Finding the minimum number while comparing two columns

You have two columns, Orders , Company

Orders Company
500 Banana Corp
993 Banana Corp
43664 Omletted Way
545 Tomato Inc
1200 ZoomZoom

SOrt on Company as a first key and Order as a 2nd Key.
for a visible max order per company.
It's a beginning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-finding-the-minimum-number-while-comparing-two-columns.758382/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Hopefully one of you delightful people can help Comparing/Matching Excel & worksheets more in across Solved: data me with a small problem I m having pulling together data from multiple reports I have manually combined separate reports Solved: Comparing/Matching data across in Excel worksheets & more into workbook with worksheets for each report Each row represents a separate job The st worksheet is an export from our own Access database the others come from external reports Whilst each report worksheet contains different sets of data column in each worksheet contains amp CSR amp or amp Site ID amp numbers These numbers can be used to match the jobs - however a not every worksheet has every number b some numbers may appear more than once on the same worksheet these are essentially returns to the same job The st Solved: Comparing/Matching data across in Excel worksheets & more worksheet also has a column with OPID numbers Column A these are unique numbers that we have paired to a CSR or Site ID number I want to compare the numbers in the CSR column of the st worksheet Column B of Sheet with the CSR columns in the other worksheets and where there is a match copy add the corresponding OPID number to a blank column in each worksheet What would be the best way to do this Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi There I have run into an issue with excel that s a little beyond my amateur coding skills I think this can be solved with some simple vbscript or nested excel formula All i need to happen is to compare a list of names and one additional value to another list of names and add the missing value Easier if i give an example of data the columns are as follows Column A Column B Column C Column D Name - values Excel Basic multiple Question Solved: Comparing Value Name Value Bob Test Full Bart Test Bill Test Part Bob Test Ren Test Non Bill Test Bart Test Part Ren Test So in column A and B is the reference data and you see Column C and D is where the data needs to be matched copied to The script formula needs to in this case work its way down column C - look up the matching value in column A and then copy whats in column B next to the matching value to column D Example is with the above data it would first hit in column C - Bart Test - it would then lookup cell A for Bart Test - and copy whats in column B beside it which is quot Part quot to blank cell in column D Then it would move on to Bob Test in column C - it would then lookup cell A for Bob Test - and copy whats in column B beside it which is quot Full quot to blank cell in column D I have a massive list of names that gets Solved: Basic Excel Question - Comparing multiple values emailed to in a jumbled order and may grow in cell numbers as well so i cant count on a simple A to Z sort to help out - with additional information that i need to marry up Solved: Basic Excel Question - Comparing multiple values to my existing Solved: Basic Excel Question - Comparing multiple values data I need an easy way to have it find the same name in my data and copy in the additional information provided Any ideas on a formula or vbscript that could do this - i appreciate it in advance Cheers Phenonm nbsp

A:Solved: Basic Excel Question - Comparing multiple values

This is what I think you need (See attached file) Look at the formulas in column D. The first formula can be copied down that column as many times as you require.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-basic-excel-question-comparing-multiple-values.944651/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will inform me about whether students have correctly entered formulas in another worksheet, or if they've simply put in the resulting number. I need to create an if statement that would test whether the formula is entered in the cell correctly, not whether the result of the formula equals a particular number. Don't see any way of doing this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
I have 2 worksheets A and B. A contains a standard list in column F. The number of rows in column F is variable.

I need to compare this standard list against a list in column C in worksheet B using VBA. If items from standard list appears in worksheet B, I need to colour the cell red. However, the list in column B does not always start from the same and end at the same rows. I determine the start row from its title, which is 'ID'.

I have difficulty in setting the range and comparing the list.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

A:MS Excel - Compare 2 Lists

if you face problems in excel worksheet i given suggestion you are try this link. i surely to solve your problems

http://www.virtualizationteam.com/microsoft/hyper-v/important-information-about-hyper-v.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-excel-compare-2-lists.776203/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have the following 2-column list:

Country City
A-land 0
0 a-ville
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 Other
0 0
B-land 0
0 b-ville
0 0
0 b-town
0 0
0 Other
0 0

The number of countries is fixed, but the number of cities within each country varies. i'd like to make 2 combo boxes, one in which you select the country, and then the next where you select the city within that country.
eg, if you select "B-Land" in the first combo box, your choices in the second combo box should be "b-ville, b-town, other". i can eliminate the zero's with a pivot table that does not count 0's.

I don't know any VB.

Thank you.

Paul

Relevancy 57.62%

Do Until ActiveCell = ""
n = ActiveCell.Row
Selection.End(xlDown).Range("A2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=sum(A" & n & ":A" & ActiveCell.Row - 1 & ")"
ActiveCell.Range("A2").Select
Loop
"compliments of xlguru"

worked for poster but not me

column E has many lists of numbers

18 "18"

66 "165"

88 "286"

length with vary. I need it to sum the figures above the blank spaces (also... a list may only have one number) but all list will be seperated by a space. I don't care where the outcome tallies the sum (beside or underneath)

can anyone help

A:adding lists in excel w/ vba

Assuming your list starts from "E1"

sub test()
dim rng as range
dim lastrow as long
dim cell as range
dim cnt as double 'counter
lastrow = range("E" & rows.count).end(xlup).row 'get lastrow
set rng = range("E1:E" & lastrow) 'get column E with data
for each cell in rng
cnt=0
if cell=empty then
cell.offset(-1,1)=cnt 'copy value to row abv empty cell and in next column
else
cnt = cnt+cell.value
end if
next
end sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-lists-in-excel-w-vba.1061470/
Relevancy 57.62%

How does one alphabetize a list in Excel?

A:Alphabetizing Lists in EXCEL?

Depending on what you are talking about, use the Sort feature, found in the Data menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alphabetizing-lists-in-excel.409839/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello! Anyone know how to do this without VBA?:

In Excel 2007, one spreadsheet with columns of item names and prices. You enter a person's name in the third column (the "buyer"). A separate worksheet magically (okay, a formula of some sort ) looks up the buyer of your choosing (from an absolute cell reference, I'd imagine? Or some other sneaky way?) and lists in new blank rows each item and price that they've purchased. Like an invoice.

I hope I've made sense. Any ideas?

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All, trying to create multi row/column drop down list of drivers that go over different routes. some go over more than others and some none at all. i would like to search for a route which brings up the drivers names etc.hope you can help. many thanks.

A:Excel 2013 drop down lists

A slight improvement, im now using the 'Like' operator so that you can for example, search for 'Ben' in the name field and it will return all names and routes for people whos name is like 'Ben' such as 'Ben' 'Ben smith', 'Benjamin something' etcthis is also true for the route names, you can enter a short route name such as 'Acton East' and it will return all the drivers names that have routes with 'Acton East' in them.Dim SearchName As String
Dim SearchRoute As String
Dim uRange
Dim lRange
Dim Bcell As Range
Dim iResults As String

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

' Clears the output field
Range("txtdetails").Value = Empty
iResults = Empty

'Sets the variable names to the names entered into the search fields
If Range("A2") <> Empty Then
SearchName = Range("A2").Value
Else
SearchName = Empty
End If

If Range("B2") <> Empty Then
SearchRoute = Range("B2").Value
Else
SearchRoute = Empty
End If

'Sets the search range where the names and routes exist
Set uRange = Sheet1.Range("A1")
Set lRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

'Uses both the name and the route to perform and return search results
If Range("A2") <> Empty And Range("B2") <> Empty Then

For Each Bcell In Sheet1.Range(uRange, lRange)

If Bcell.Value Like "*" & SearchName & "*" And Bcell.Offset(0, 1).Value Like "*" & SearchRoute & "*" Then
iResults = iResults & Bcell.Value & " : " & Bcell.Offset(0, 1).Value & vbCrLf
Range("txtdetails") = iResults
End If

Next Bcell

End If

' Uses just the name to search and return results
If Not IsEmpty(Sheet2.Range("A2")) And IsEmpty(Sheet2.Range("B2")) Then

If Bcell.Value Like "*" & SearchName & "*" Then
End If
Next Bcell

End If

' Uses just the route to search and return results
If IsEmpty(Sheet2.Range("A2")) And Not IsEmpty(Sheet2.Range("B2")) Then

If Bcell.Offset(0, 1).Value Like "*" & SearchRoute & "*" Then
End If

Next Bcell

End If

End Sub

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-2013-drop-down-lists/20103.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Please assist me; I'm faced with a real challenge: My customer's SAP system generates stock lists that I need for reconciliations etc. Unfortunately the format of the SAP reports makes it hard to use the data in them - each record consists of 4 rows: 3 with data plus one blank!
I have attached a file that shows this. The total number of records is around 3,000; I cannot handle this task manually.
Does anyone know how I can reformat the SAP report to something that Excel can work with, i.e. 1 row per record?
All tips are deeply appreciated!

A:Reformat SAP Reports to Useful Excel Lists

You're THE BEST, Ranard! Thank you so much for your spontaneous support!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformat-sap-reports-to-useful-excel-lists.867839/
Relevancy 57.19%

I hope I have the right forum I created a drop down list down excel 2013 lists drop in excel but I want to link specific data to each selection in the dropdown box to be displayed in other excel 2013 drop down lists boxes on the spreadsheet I have the dropdown list on a separate excel 2013 drop down lists sheet from where I store the data to be displayed Ex select and populate a b c d select and populate e f g h select and populate I j k l etc something like sales area employees south Bob Jane Russ North Jeff Carl Pat West Richard Matt Josh When I pick South I want the corresponding employees to be displayed I want to link items to the drop down list selection The data is arranged in a row left to right but I have the display boxes arranged in columns top to bottom I can change that if need be only one dropdown box will be used I have used excel before but still a novice at most of the more intermediate functions I hope that makes sense

A:excel 2013 drop down lists

I think you should be able to achieve this with the "vlookup" function.

VLOOKUP function

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567503/excel-2013-drop-down-lists/
Relevancy 57.19%

I would like to know how to choose a drop down list of values when I select certain cells. And how to I assign the cell to show the drop down list (with a down arrow on the right hand side of the cell). Thank you all!!!!

A:how to create drop down lists in excel

Go to Data > Validation and from the allow dropdown select List. In the source area you can make a reference to any range of cells for the list or manually type in comma seperated values.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-create-drop-down-lists-in-excel.63793/
Relevancy 56.33%

I m trying to match up variables across datasets I ve alphabetized the of to match up Excel lists variables macro variables in each dataset and while the names are similar they change according to the yr the data was collected So here s an example of what it looks like with periods representing gaps between columns to get it to display correctly A C A B D C C E F D Q E F And here is what it Excel macro to match up lists of variables should look like A A B C C C D D D E E F F Q Any way to at least partially automate this procedure I was thinking about a macro that would scan the variable I clicked on in the nd column identify the st letter of that variable Excel macro to match up lists of variables and then find the next variable in the st column that starts w that letter and move the nd column down to that pt Even though it wouldn t be an exact match it would speed up the manual matching But I don t know enough about macros to write that could do that The nd step of the process is to group variables that are similar to Excel macro to match up lists of variables each other Again this would have to be done manually but a macro could help rearrange things more quickly Many of the variables are different observations of the same concept Here s an example where the st column is the variable name and the nd column is the variable label ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- ANAC definition recall- It should look like this w a blank line between each group ANAC ANAC ANAC definition recall- ANAC ANAC ANAC definition recall- ANAC ANAC ANAC definition recall- There are variables in each group in the example above but there will be groups of or Here is a macro I recorded for variables -- it works but only for the cells listed in the macro How do I generalize it so I can click on the variable I want to move and then run the macro Sub Macro Macro Macro vars Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl q Range quot B quot Select Selection Cut Range quot C quot Select ActiveSheet Paste End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

First of all - great forum Selection Solved: Multi Excel Lists Found heaps of help here Solved: Excel Multi Selection Lists So thank you all One useful thread I found was http forums techguy org business-applications -excel-multi-selection-list-results html This was a solution to allow a user to select multiple items from a drop down validation list However the solution provided by quot Jimmy the Hand quot will allow multiple items to be selected in ALL validation lists within a worksheet Is there anyway to limit this or to allow only select validation lists to operate this way I have attached Jimmy the Hands solution along with another option I found however this other option actually added the multiple items to an adjacent cell which needs a column number specified would like this to be which ever columns require this affect Not sure how clear I have made this but happy to provide more info Note The non-Jimmy solution actually offers an quot In-cell quot option but cannot view the code - locked nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Multi Selection Lists

Not that I can figure out much of what you're trying to achieve (what's 1-2-3-4-5 per day?) but ...

"Note: The non-Jimmy solution actually offers an "In-cell" option but cannot view the code - locked... "

Unprotected version here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-multi-selection-lists.809899/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hallo I d differences 2 lists compare Excel highlight - & like to set up a macro whereby I can enter two lists of chassis numbers and compare them so it will identify all of the numbers in list A that do not appear in list B and all of the numbers in list B that do not appear in list A So my lists may look like List A - List B A - A A - A A - A A - A B - B B - B B - B So I Excel - compare 2 lists & highlight differences need to highlight A in List A and B in List B List A - List B A - A A - A A - A A - A B - B B - B B - B Is there a simple way to do this I ve been messing around trying to find a way to do this quickly - I tried colouring each list in a different colour and then using the quot Unique Records quot filter but it didn t seem to work correctly Ta Gram nbsp

A:Excel - compare 2 lists & highlight differences

"Conditional Formatting"

This will do exactly what you want.

Hope that helps,

Drew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-compare-2-lists-highlight-differences.174998/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello There I have ben trying to find out how I can use a and Excel Find - replace lists Solved: using list with two columns in Sheet to do find and replace in another sheet Sheet Basically I want to change the text in a list in Sheet based on text I Solved: Excel - Find and replace using lists have in the other list There are multiple values of the same text in my list Sheet and each needs to be changed to another unique text value I have been doing this in the past with multiple nested Solved: Excel - Find and replace using lists if statements but thought there might be a quicker easier way I have also realised that Excel won t nest if statements or will it My formula Solved: Excel - Find and replace using lists looks like this nested if s If quot Current Text quot quot List Text quot quot New Text quot If quot Current Text quot quot List Text quot quot New Text quot If quot Current Textn quot quot List Textn quot quot New Textn quot And My spreadsheets look like this Sheet Name Current Text Mr A Site Mr B Site Mr C Site Mr D Site Mr E Site Mr H Site Mr I Site Mr J Site Mr K Site Sheet List Text New Text Site New Site One Site New Site Two Site New Site Three Site New Site Four Site New Site Five I have tried to show the columns using spaces as I don t know how to format the text properly I Have also attached a spreadsheet showing the structure None of the text corresponds between the old and new names but there are a finite number of old site names that I need to change and all occurences of each old site name are the same ie always called quot Site quot etc In all cases every occurence of the name needs to be changed to the new text ie List Text always needs to be changed to New Text Also I am using Excel for Mac so won t be easily able to use VB scripts Thanks in advance for the help I hope I have managed to explain the problem clearly Random nbsp

A:Solved: Excel - Find and replace using lists

Well, after a bit of searching and asking around the office, I discovered the VLOOKUP function in Excel - does exactly what I am looking for!

What a fab program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-find-and-replace-using-lists.853047/
Relevancy 56.33%

Need help with Excel 2007.
I have a program that will put a long list of numbers into a Excel spreadsheet for me. What I need to do with these numbers is put them into number groups eg 4, 5 ,6 7, etc up to 12.
I would like excel to be able to take the numbers I have in the one big list and place them into the right column. Eg 4.65, 4.35, 4.87 would be placed in the column headed 4. And to also sort them numerically too.

Any help with this appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-07-sort-and-group-numbers-into-lists.879827/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am using the following code to enable multi select pull down lists in XL but have a group of users requiring this feature in XL Public InActivity As Boolean Private Sub Worksheet Change ByVal Target As Range If InActivity Then Exit Sub InActivity True On Error GoTo NonValidatedCell If Selection Validation Type xlValidateList Then ColAbs Target Column If ColAbs lt gt Then GoTo NonValidatedCell RowAbs Target Row If Sheets quot Recreation Activity quot Cells RowAbs ColAbs Value quot Delete Contents quot Then TotalString quot quot Else Application Undo TotalString Sheets quot Recreation Activity quot Cells RowAbs ColAbs Select Lists Down in Multi 97 Excel Pull Value amp quot quot Application Undo TotalString TotalString amp Sheets quot Recreation Activity quot Excel Multi Select Pull Down Lists in 97 Cells RowAbs ColAbs Value End If If Left TotalString quot quot Then TotalString Mid TotalString Sheets quot Recreation Activity quot Cells RowAbs ColAbs Value TotalString End If InActivity False Exit Sub NonValidatedCell InActivity Excel Multi Select Pull Down Lists in 97 False Excel Multi Select Pull Down Lists in 97 End Sub The spreadsheet opens in XL without error but you can only select one item from the list Selecting a second item just overwrites the first Any suggestions nbsp

A:Excel Multi Select Pull Down Lists in 97

I am not clear on what you mean when you say "Selecting a second item just overwrites the first.."
Does it change the list?
Change the cell value?
Cahnge the String?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-multi-select-pull-down-lists-in-97.560560/
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently, when I open either my MS Word or Excel programs, and click on the yellow "Open" folder, whereas previously a list of my saved documents came up, now sometimes the page is blank! If I leave it for, say, ten minutes, they appear and I can open and work on them, but I wondered whether anyone had an idea as to why this is happening? I am running Windows 7 (64 bit). Many thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a column of project numbers in spreadsheet called Projects with associated bank account number, BSB number & bank account names in the next columns.

I have another spreadsheet called ListPay with the same column headings as other spreadsheet and many, but not all of the same project numbers in column A and mostly the same data in the other columns.

I do not know which of the 2 spreadsheets has the correct bank account data for the project, so I need a way of doing the following:

Compare the data for each project number in the 3 bank account columns in the 2 spreadsheets and find me any project numbers for which the bank account data is different in the 2 spreadsheets. Then I can calmly check the paper files for a small no. of projects rather than the entire list of projects!

A:Excel: filter data to show where 2 lists differ

Though a MATCH or INDEX formula may have worked better, I emailed you a VLOOKUP formula in a sample spreadsheet that should do what you want. Check it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-filter-data-to-show-where-2-lists-differ.36021/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi anyone know how i highlight differences in 2 lists of names in excel..?

ie:

List 1

John Doe
Joe Blogs
Fred Bean
Jack Black

List 2

John Doe
Joe Bloggs
Fred Clean
Jack Black
Its drivin me nuts

C2theT

Relevancy 55.9%

This is a really "stupid" question... must be late on a Sunday night after a long holiday...
How do I change the number of previously opened documents at the bottom of the file menu in Word/Excel etc...

I'm running Windows XP Pro on a brand new Toshiba. Trying to "reset" all of my defaults.
Thanx,

A:Previous Document Lists for Word/Excel etal

Tools - Options - General

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/previous-document-lists-for-word-excel-etal.314581/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have several excel sheets which accumulate hidden in Solved: lists columns and Drop-down Excel data Solved: Drop-down lists and hidden columns in Excel at regular periods This accumulation involves the addition of new columns Each column contains one or two drop down lists When I report to other team members I send them pdf s of the datasheets In order to get the reports to fit on one piece of paper I hide the unnecessary columns When I hide the columns all the dropdown lists get shunted along to the first visible column This was never a problem until the format of the columns were changed request from the customer This change can not be implemented for all previous entries I now have the problem that the bunched up dropdown lists appear in the first visible column obscuring the title for that column How can I get around this problem without spending minutes temporarily deleting these dropdown columns each time I have thought about deleting them permanently except the sheet is also used by other people and this would cause unwanted problems I hope someone can help me Thankyou I should have added if Solved: Drop-down lists and hidden columns in Excel you hide columns C through F in the test file then you will see all the dropdown lists shift into column G nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Is this possible? If so, how? I have created a "combo box" (from the forms toolbar) in a MS Excel 2000 (9.0) spreadsheet and, using the format control option, set up the list from which a choice has to be made. I'd now like to change the font size/colour etc of the items that appear in the pull down field, but can't find the way to do this?

I suspect that I've done the hard bit and am missing something obvious...

Relevancy 55.04%

thank you for trying to help still learning Excel So I am trying to have a Named list of choices used as Drop down lists for cells in columns AK AH and AJ These choices are quot Blank quot quot quot through quot quot and quot A quot Then using conditional formatting via setting a formula and Formatting Conditional lists Solved: Excel Validation/Drop down to determine if all three cells from these columns in a single row equal quot quot through quot quot i e quot lt quot then another cell in that row D Solved: Excel Validation/Drop down lists and Conditional Formatting will be a specific color the Conditional formula I am using is AND AK quot lt AH quot lt quot AJ quot lt quot This is applied to D for every row in the column This doesn t change the color in D If I change the conditional formatting to query for quot A quot instead it does work It sounds like there is something fundamental Solved: Excel Validation/Drop down lists and Conditional Formatting that I m not getting Any suggestions thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Validation/Drop down lists and Conditional Formatting

you do not want the " in the expression

=AND(AH3<=8,AJ3<=8,AK3<=8)

see attached

worked for cell
H, J, K
and
AH, AJ, AK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-validation-drop-down-lists-and-conditional-formatting.1039568/
Relevancy 55.04%

Using Excel in XP, is there a way to paste additional columns into an autofiltered list without filling in the hidden rows that are not part of the selected list? I am trying to combine two spreadsheets, and need to paste a ton of data into one spreadsheet.

I hope that this is clear enough to convey what I need to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SED

A:Problems Pasting Additional Columns Into Autofiltered Lists in Excel

You cannot insert a column with the autofilter showing only selected data. Just set the filter(s) to All and then you can insert the columns, then you can reset the filters. You can, however, paste a column in with the filter on - just copy the data and then put the cursor in the top cell of the column you want to paste into - it will be filtered also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-pasting-additional-columns-into-autofiltered-lists-in-excel.537927/
Relevancy 54.18%

Thanks for reading first of all I am not the 2007 on Excel Lists on Multiple - a Create to Criteria Sheet Based Macro most savvy person when it comes to programming I can manage my way around formulas pretty well but when it comes to VBA and macros I am utterly lost I believe I need a macro to do what I want but I have no clue where to begin I have searched forums but what I need is so complicated that I don t know where to look to find it so I thought I would ask for help I have a spreadsheet which tracks projects I am working on Right now the sheet I am working on is quot quot for example The sheet has several columns but the only columns of significance to this macro are Account Name Requested Date Urgency Excel 2007 - Macro to Create Lists on a Sheet Based on Multiple Criteria Due Date Completed Date Request Receive Complete Account and Requested Date are currently manual entries Urgency is a data validation dropdown with NORMAL RUSH and OTHER Due Date is a formula which calculates a due date based on the Urgency selected Except Other in which case I override the Due Date manually Completed Date is also a manual entry The stages are data validations which default to a blank cell and then have a Square Root sign which looks like a checkmark as the only other option Now that I have explained the source data allow me to go into detail what I would like this to do I would like to populate the first sheet of the spreadsheet with seven lists These lists would ideally tell me at what stage each project is at by account and due date The lists I have set up are in seven boxes with borders rows in each box My boxes on Sheet are Request - Late Follow up - Late Complete - Late Request Follow up Complete Ready So what I would like the macro to do is Search quot quot for a value in column A Account Name If column A has an account name next look at Completed Date to see if it has been completed If it has a value is therefore completed ignore this row If Column A has a name but there is no completed date now it gets trickier I would like it to check at what stage the project is at A checkmark means that stage is completed and it can move on to the next stage For example if all are blank it is on Request If all are checked it is Ready So now the macro can tell me at what level each project is But I also need to know which ones are late If the due date is past today s date it is late If the date is today or later it is not late Also because these lists can go on and on I want it to cut off at entries in a particular box by due date So the first due show me those Anything past that ignore As you can see this is really complicated I manage so many of this kind of project that I need a faster method to tell which ones are most important If something is Ready I need to deal with it right now as opposed to letting it sit and miss my deadline This has actually happened to me before because I lost track and it is really frustrating I know that visual aids help so I am going to attach a sample workbook demonstrating what I do and how I would like it to look If ANYONE has ANY tips on how to get this done it would be IMMENSELY helpful I m a bit overwhelmed at work and prioritizing is so important Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try and take a crack at it Have a great day PS I posted this on another forum but I have cleaned it up and made it simpler in this thread so hopefully it is actually possible to do now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-macro-to-create-lists-on-a-sheet-based-on-multiple-criteria.1084757/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two lists List one is raw data List two is a collection of flag alert words I need entry for in search in list any string lists, 2 list - any Excel in 1 Two to find Excel - Two lists, search for any string in list 2 in any entry in list 1 any term in list one that contains any flag word from list two Examples LIST ONE appleworm wormapple woapplerm LIST TWO Apple In this example every term on list one would return a result of true LIST TWO is always much shorter than list one I was trying to set it up so that in the column directly to the right of LIST ONE produces a true if that list one term contains in any fashion any term from LIST TWO As you will see in the example I was also trying to have a similar column to the right of LIST TWO so that I could easily see how many of the key terms had been found in the much larger list The sample also has color fill based on the True False to make it easier to visualize Can anyone help make this work correctly Match does not work because I am not looking for identical strings I have not been able to get Find or Search to work either As of right now it only seems to look at the other list s entry on the exact same ROW nbsp

A:Excel - Two lists, search for any string in list 2 in any entry in list 1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-two-lists-search-for-any-string-in-list-2-in-any-entry-in-list-1.922457/
Relevancy 49.88%

so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-(

I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still don't work arrggggg!

But they work for IE and notepad and file explorer but not for firefox or photoshop elements.

I've tried deleting the files from:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations
and rebooting but to no avail

any ideas anyone????

I really need jump lists working for Excel & Word.

srv

A:Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hmm, jumplists work perfect for me with office 2007. You aren't the only one having this issue

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41821-jump-lists-not-working-word-2016-excel-2016-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-(

I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still don't work arrggggg!

But they work for IE and notepad and file explorer but not for firefox or photoshop elements.

I've tried deleting the files from:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations
and rebooting but to no avail

any ideas anyone????

I really need jump lists working for Excel & Word.

srv

A:Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hmm, jumplists work perfect for me with office 2007. You aren't the only one having this issue

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41821-jump-lists-not-working-word-2016-excel-2016-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have some sensitive material on my computer which I would not like others to see. So, I'd like to know how to exclude some folders and files from lists like recent items, jump lists, etc. Is it possible?

A:How to exclude files and folders from "Recent" lists and jump lists

Welcome to Seven Forums Stawan. It's possible to turn off the recent items in the jumplists of specific programs. But it's a laborious process. I will describe it, but you'll have to do the legwork.

The Jump lists for each program are stored in

C:\Users\(User name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

as automaticDestination-ms files with random names.

To figure out which file belongs to which program , you'll have to do some detective work.

For instance, you could open a video with your media player program.

Change the AutomaticDestinations folder into Detail view and Sort by Date Modified.

Only one or two of the files should be showing as modified in the past minute. One may be a list of recently viewed folders, the other should be your program.

Delete one of the files then try to open your program's jump list. If it is gone, you have the right file.

Once you have identified the right file, restore it from recycle bin and set the file properties to Read-only. This will disable the jump list for that file. You'll need to do this for all the programs you want to exclude from jump lists.

As you can see, this would be a long and lengthy process, you'd be better off creating a password protected user. Good luck. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/99487-how-exclude-files-folders-recent-lists-jump-lists.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am running win2k. I backup my files to a server 1000 miles away. Is there any software that I can compare and make sure what I have locally is the same is where I backing up to, and if its no the same tell me what files are different.

thanx

A:comparing

drafter, I'm sure there are any number of ways to do that. I think Comparator may fit the bill for you. I have used it for years but not just as you propose.

Good luck. Post back your results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing.185986/
Relevancy 40.85%

So what is the big difference between these three?? (besides the transfer kit)

Newegg.com - Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2BAA 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD):$134.99
Newegg.com - Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD):$109.99
Newegg.com - Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)$119.99

A:SSD Comparing 3 m4's

jeepmann4x4,
Price is the only difference and as mentioned the transfer kit (which is one trick pony!) I have (2) m4's and a C300

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234535-ssd-comparing-3-m4s.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

i'm having a PC with intel p4 3.0GHz with Intel D865GBF motherboard, 1GB DDR Ram (400MHz), ATA100/ 80GB Hard disk, Nvidia GeFores 5200FX Graphics card with creative Live! 24bit sound card. i'm going to sell my processor and motherboard ONLY and buy AMD Athlon 64 1800+ processor and Gigabyte motherboard. do you think that buying that processor and motherboard will increase my current system performance? note that i'm ONLY going to change the Motherboard and Processor.

A:Comparing P4 and AMD

In a word, no.

The 1.8 gig processor would be a 3000+ If you went with something like a 3500 or greater, then you might notice an improvement. It would depend on what you were doing; encoding video, playing a game, etc. For video encoding, you would probably notice a decrease in performance; for games probably no change.

In short it is not worth the change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-p4-and-amd.391052/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello all,

I'm learning vb.net and so got stuck at this part where I have to compare labels but don't want to end up with so many IF statements and was wondering if there is a quicker and easier way.

What I want to do is compare 40 labels (label.text) to each other and see if any one of those is the same as any other of the 40. (the 40 labels had a random number generated in each so I want to make sure none of the labels is the same as the other from the group of 40)

I could do If label1.text = label2.text or label3.text or label4.text .... etc etc but as you can see this would end up as a huge pile of probably unnecessary code, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this I would be pleased to know

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-comparing-labels.539236/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

Before we start. Are we allowed to talk about comparing firewalls? I know it's a silly question but on a different it's against policy to talk about comparing AV.

I have an older version of ZAP. I am looking for a freeware firewall and give up ZAP. I am looking for desktop firewalls that are freeware. I know of some firewalls but not sure if they are desktop and if they are free. 8signs, BlackIce, Kerio, Tiny and Comodo. Are any of them free or desktop? What would be a good chose?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I get:

Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in C:\xampp\htdocs\

from following code: I just want to determine "dayslate".
//---------

$dayslate = CURDATE() = DATE(duedate);

// $dayslate = DATE(NOW()) - DATE(duedate);
//---------
// QUERY ON tablename TABLE
$query = "SELECT dayslate,
--------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-dates.1148571/
Relevancy 40.42%

Please humor an old man and give me your thoughts on this question.

Comparing two cameras:

Nikon D90: This is a 12-megapixel (native, not interpolated resolution) camera. Primary purpose is to convert about fifteen thousand personal family photos from 35mm slides to digital. After that project is finished, I will probably sell it.

Panasonic HDC-TM700K Camcorder: This is the camera I would use most and keep.

According to a reply from Panasonic, HDC-TM700K Camcorder is capable of 12-megapixel native resolution for still images (not interpolated).

Since the purchase of the D90 is for converting 35mm slides to digital and the Panasonic camcorder has the same resolution for still pictures, why should I not just get only the camcorder for the job and save dollars?

What differences would I see, if any?

Relevancy 40.42%

So I visited again .. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...s/default.aspx

Other than those two difference between Professional and Ultimate is there anything else different? Honestly I could careless about Bitlocker, unless you guys think its essential.

A:Comparing all editions.

Just Bitlocker and language packs. Those are the main differences.
if you don't need them then go with Pro.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25479-comparing-all-editions.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Everyone I m looking to upgrade my desktop s pentium Processors Comparing processor I ve found two possible replacements One is an i and the other is an i The i looks better duh but I m wondering if it is compatible with my machine Here are the two processors and the info of my computer Are both or either of these processors compatible with Comparing Processors my machine The processor I have http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E The i http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E The i http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Comparing Processors System Info OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Comparing Processors Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model IdeaCentre K B System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date LENOVO DPKT A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C windows System Directory C windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Also I don t if it is relevant or not I have an AMD Radeon HD graphics card I want to have this figured out before Cyber Monday when hopefully the stuff I need will go on sale Thanks everyone nbsp

A:Comparing Processors

we can't tell without knowing what mother board you have
in general any I5 or I7 use the same socket

All of those look like they use the same LGA 1155 socket so should work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-processors.1113780/
Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings I know that this is a Windows forum but I thought I would give it a try My ultimate goal is to have a vbs script run after a certain date on a computer image I thought that this would be help Need DOS with comparing Date best done with a simple batch file In Windows XP whenever you would create a Scheduled Task and run Sysprep the task would not run because it loses credentials and must be restored in order to work I Need help with DOS Date comparing don't know if this is true in Windows but not to take the chance I'm thinking using the Registry Run option to point to the Need help with DOS Date comparing batch file each bootup I think it might be simple to do but I can't figure it out I'm open to other options as well But for now here's my for example if quot date quot quot Fri quot echo date I need it to check to see if it's quot Fri quot or any day after so something like if quot date quot or gt quot Fri quot echo date Thanks

A:Need help with DOS Date comparing

The task scheduler has had major improvements since xp.
I use mine to run similar tasks all the time without issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179210-need-help-dos-date-comparing.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hey All
does anyone know of a site where you can assemble
a system for the purpose of comparing prices?

Thanx

Macataq

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-prices.98438/
Relevancy 40.42%

So I m planning on doing my first self build And I m going to start off with basically some setups other gamers have already advised at being great for current games until I better understand what I m doing So here s the two different builds I ve really only changed the case to my liking I assume cases aren t that huge of a deal but please correct me if I m wrong I m mostly curious at how much better if at all the more expensive setup is I am looking for something that can particularly handle modern games on max or even ultra settings builds. Comparing But Comparing builds. at the same time I don t really want to over do it because I wont really be doing anything other than gaming on it I already have a PC that handles all my other projects Build - http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber Build - http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

My husband and I are considering buying another iMac. Since he just uses his for typing papers and surfing the net, and I use mine for editing photos and videos, we are trying to decide which one is best for each of us. I'm hoping someone who understands such things can help us out here.

My current iMac is iMac 11, 2, Processor: Intel Cor i3, Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz, 1 Processor, 2 Cores, Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB VRAM

The new ones are 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache, Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 512 MB of GDDR5 memory.

I have no idea what most of this means. Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Peg

Relevancy 40.42%

i think emails in windows mail take longer than xp -am i right?

i have sane amount of ram in both 512

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-vista-with-xp.625673/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm working in Access 2007. I have a Query that has the following (3) Fields: [Product ID], [Total Value], [Month]

I want to take this query and have it calculate a difference of the total value between 2 months.

Any Ideas?

A:Comparing Months

Do you need to total the months first?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-months.1063530/
Relevancy 40.42%

I found this site recently and figured it might come in handy for some people.

You can compare pretty much every cpu made.

Here - CPUBoss

Paul.

A:New site for comparing CPU's

Funny even though the 8350 Beats the 3570k in all around performance except single core it still gets the vote that is beyond me

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/275751-new-site-comparing-cpus.html
Relevancy 40.42%

IN XP you could categorise fonts according to how similar or different they were from a selected font. For some reason this facility has been omitted in 7. Does anyone know of a way of making font comparisons as was in XP?

A:Comparing Fonts

Artoro, welcome to the forums. try one of these

Font Apps

I would recommend the Amp Font Viewer

I searched tutorials and found this

Fonts

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/287865-comparing-fonts.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Need to compare 2 similar workbooks where slight changes have been made to the second workbook. Would like Excel to highlight the changes so that they can then be corrected in the original workbook.

Is there any way of doing this in Excel 2003?

A:Comparing workbooks

How many cells in how many ranges?
It can be done in VBA but it may be a bit slow if you have vast amounts of data to check.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-workbooks.434533/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm comparing these two processors, looking to see which is better in just raw power. I know some people may say a lot of things aren't dual core aware and won't use it to it full advantage - I know, but I'm talking with no variables, just which is more powerful. Now, I'm not sure of the exact specifications of the AMD processor, but those should be pretty damn close.

Intel Pentium D 820 2.80GHz (Dual Core)
V.S.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Which is better?

EDIT:

Ok, compare the Intel Pentium D to this processor now:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+

A:Comparing 2 processors

Well each one would have it's strengths and weaknesses. Comparing if they were both SINGLE core processors i would say the AMD 3500+ would be the better choice. However there actually is quite a bit out there that benefits from dual cores so the dual core would be a better choice in that respect. Personally i would save up a bit more for an intel core 2 duo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-2-processors.530392/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all,

There are many types of CPUs, like Pentiume, Atom, core 2 duo, core iX (X = 3,5, ....), But I always don't look at them this way! I always look at their speed which in GHZ unit and then compare them with each other.
For example when some CPU is in type of 'X' with 2 GHZ of speed and another one is in type of 'Y' with 2.2 GHZ of speed, I say the second one ('Y') has better speed and also better performance.

Is it a correct think?

Thanks

A:Comparing CPUs

You can take a core 2 duo at 3ghz and the newest core i3 at and make the speed of the i3 to 2ghz and they might have about the same performance. so no ghz doesnt really matter when comparing them with each other like you are. there are so many different factors to consider like what generation the cpu is. if you dont want to do all the leg work of researching you can use this website to help you out. http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/processors,6.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-cpus.197560/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I am new to the forum and haven t found an answer to my problem In essence I am trying to quickly compare generated excel spreadsheet reports to audit The same comparing 2 spreadsheets help headers are in both spreadsheets and there is generic data for both such as date and time a turn around time and general id number associated I am trying to help comparing 2 spreadsheets find out if there is a way to get excel to match up the data by id listed as accession number Quickly looking at my data some of the generated reports have the same id number but then there are a lot that don t I am interested in looking at the differences in the time for the different accession numbers between the sets of data I am attaching a part of the spreadsheet since it is rows to hopefully help anyone willing to give input on this thanks The other confounding issue is that in my large spreadsheet in the rows there is sometimes data that won t correspond correctly For example in column A in general i m most interested in help comparing 2 spreadsheets number values to sort help comparing 2 spreadsheets by but there will occassionally be a person s name to break up the different workers nbsp

A:help comparing 2 spreadsheets

How I get you correctly.
BTW, I don't understand your last question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-comparing-2-spreadsheets.1063437/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a CD image comparing program. Bascially the idea is I want to create a CD image, then after burning it to CD, compare the CD to the image and verify that they are identical and the burn was accurate.

-Gameman

Relevancy 40.42%

Dear sir,

I am doing data entry job and i do not have another source currently for money. I need a OCR software which convert old scanned text jpeg file into MS word 2003 with minimum error. And another thing is that for comparison i need a software like it should possesses following features.

(1) It can split into two window. In window first there will be scanned jpeg file and another window converted MS word file.
(2) This software will help to find out spelling mistakes with highlighting wrong spelling word.
(3) Another thing is that both file get synchronous with scrolling feature. When i scrolled down or up in jpeg file then accordingly scrolled down or up in MS word file.

Please suggest me correct software. These software belongs to me so importantly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496328/i-need-a-comparing-and-ocr-software/
Relevancy 40.42%

hey just wondering if anyone could help me out. looking at buying a toshiba laptop and wondering which one out of the L500/00D or the L500/016. thankyou.

A:Comparing laptops

getting up post coun

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-laptops.140165/
Relevancy 40.42%

im am going to upgrade my video card soon but i dont know what to get. i have a HIS Radeon x1650 pro turbo 512mb with a engine clock of 625mhz, memory clock of 1400mhz and a 128bit memory interface, if i get another one of these and crossfire it, would it be as good as this card http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3584432&CatId=1826

thanks

btw,ill be using my pc for games

A:videocard comparing help

No, go for the 3870.

Actually, you may even be able to crossfire those and run the x1650 as physics, but i can't seem to find documentation on that anywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videocard-comparing-help.700498/
Relevancy 40.42%

I saw an article on the Screensavers website about comparing webcams, but I can not find it anymore. I was wondering what I should be looking at when I am comparing webcams.

A:Comparing webcams

From my experience, even a cheap webcam can work well. The most important factor when working with a web-cam is the lighting that your useing. Florescent lighting seems to work the best, but not many people have a florescent bulb over thier desktop. If you don't have decent lighting, don't even bother with the cam until you do.

P.S. I give very high marks to the Aiptek 1.3mp webcam/camera which can be had for around $60. High resolution and good pictures, plus can be used as a stand alone still image camera. lighting is the important issue though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-webcams.146166/
Relevancy 40.42%

Most songs that are being shared through programs like napster have 128 kbps bitrate. I find that the sound quality of a 192 kbps song is significantly better and the file isn't much better. So why does everybody use 128 kbps! That really ticks me off.
Also, does anyone know the bitrate of any song of a cd?
Is it true that WMA encrypted songs are much better quality to file size then mp3's?

A:Comparing Bitrate. . .oh why, oh why

Because most people do not have software that will only encode at 160k max an I bet even most of the rest never check their settigs. So what are you complaining about, it's free

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-bitrate-oh-why-oh-why.51918/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I am planning on buying a motherboard bundle but it gives me the choice to choose either Z68AP-D3 or a GA-Z68XP-UD4. Since the GA is about £50 more expensive I would assume it's better but just what exactly makes a better motherboard? How is the second mobo better than the first one?

Any help appreciated,
Astralogic

EDIT: I just found the exact same bundle on another site except the CPU isn't overclocked and it has a GA-Z77-D3H motherboard. All motherboards I have mentioned in this post are gigabyte boards. How does this board compare to the other two?

A:What do I look for when comparing two motherboards?

Comparing features are not as important as getting the features you need or want.

One of the biggest questions is what graphics are you going to run?

On-board or single graphics card solution
Multiple graphics cards (Crossfire or SLI)
Will you need a Micro-ATX motherboard or will a standard ATX motherboard fit your case?
-----------------
I usually lookup motherboards (among other things) on newegg and compare features side by side.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-look-for-when-comparing-two-motherboards.180153/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all I'm building up a price list for a friend and myself. I'm looking at a 5870 for my system but I've got to make it a bit cheapier for his budget so.... I have to decide which GPU to choose. A HD 5830 or a GTS 450? The Motherboard is an AMD chipset but more than likely it is going to be a Micro-ATX board so there's only going to be space for one Graphics card.

Bascially which is better. I've tried finding some graphics card comparison lists to no avail. I found some older one's that list the 5830 in the top 10 or 20 but they didn't have the GTS series at all. So yeah. Help is much appreciated thanks.

Relevancy 40.42%

I'm planning to build a new gaming PC, and I'm currently doing my research.

Which one of these would be the better choice if I want to play high quality demanding games with great fps, response time, and little lag?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

or

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115003

They are both about the same price, and both may perform similar. Which would any of you hardcore gamers out there suggest?

I'm probably going to go with the Intel Core 2 Duo. If this is the best choice, what then mobo-wise would be good to look at? I do want to get an SLI mobo in case I want to buy a second video card in the future and put it in there.

Graphics card = GeForce 8800GTX (unless other suggestions)

A:Comparing 2 processors...

You have to put the motherboard and the video card(s) into the equation here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-2-processors.80526/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone,

Right now im looking at 2 different laptops and id appreciate some input on them as to which one I should pick.

The first one is the samsung series 5 ultra touch and the other is the hp envy touchsmart, both these lapotops have basically the same specs (i5, 8gigs ram, touchscreen, $899) but the key difference between the two is that the samsung has a 128 gb SSD and the HP has a 500gb hardrive with a 32gb ssd hydrid. I've always thought the stand alone SSD would be much faster and thats what I care about at this point I can handle the lower amount of storage on the laptop just using a external harddrive.

So what im asking is that opinions on these 2 computers and any tips about this SSD/HDD hybrid drive

Thanks in advance

A:Comparing laptops

I would go with the HP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-laptops.188160/
Relevancy 39.99%

Lenovo has been releasing a steady stream of Yoga notebooks, both on the consumer and ThinkPad lines. I wrote an article as a sort of guide to the different Yogas.  http://www.lenardgunda.com/2016/03/01/which-way-to-bend-yoga-guide/ While the article misses some of the most recent additions from the consumer Yoga line, I also created a web app where you can interactively compare the different Yogas. This should have a much larger selection available for comparison. Yoga Comparison web application Feel free to post any comments or observations about these below.

LenardLenovo [email protected]

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Comparing-Yoga-notebooks/td-p/3349289
Relevancy 39.99%

I basically have a linksys router wrt54g (standard w/e)
I am very frustrated because I like to game.. and when my sister uses netflix or youtube, it lags me 200+ ping and makes my connectivity just crap. Or when we both try to do some video streaming at the lowest definition.. connection sucks. So I was just wondering if routers with different specs do make a big difference. I was wondering what kind of router you would recommend that they sell at a reasonable price and is programmed to better fit the needs of video-streaming and game-playing.

For example, Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700 by Netgear
I'm considering this one... however does this support that 10/100/1000 LAN feature? I also wanted to ask if this kind of router would fix my problem?

A:Comparing Router specs

The problem is not your router, it is what your router is connected to on the internet side.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-router-specs.1011870/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm looking at two PCI to SATA controllers that, from specifications, seem identical. What is the difference?

Card1

Card2

Advice appreciated, too.

This will be used to run only one or two hard disks in Windows for backing up files and imaging partitions.

A:Comparing two PCI to SATA controllers

One looks like it is a kit with cables, etc. The other is a bare card with just a support cd/dvd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-two-pci-to-sata-controllers.1131672/
Relevancy 39.99%

Okay new problem btw thanks everyone for the help thus far My program does not seem to be comparing two -bit unsigned long long numbers properly Here is a code snippet and its resulting printout Code printf quot Time llu cycles n quot t printf quot Time llu cycles n quot t printf quot Time Solved: Comparing Numbers - Time llu cycles n quot time passed printf quot Minimum exptected time u cycles n n quot expected time if time passed lt expected time Failed else Passed Code Solved: Comparing Numbers Time cycles Solved: Comparing Numbers Time cycles Time - Time cycles Minimum exptected time cycles FAILED The number in the printout look good i e they are in the range I expect to see However the compare in the above if statement did not work right As you can see the time passed is clearly more than the minimum expected time so it should have passed Does anyone know what is going on here Is there some kind of magic code I need to use to make this work with -bit numbers Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Does anyone know if there a sufficient difference in performance between the Motorola SB 5100 and the newer, SB5120 model, to justify upgrading to the latter?

Relevancy 39.99%

Which graphic card will run more efficiantly?
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) 128MB vs ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 with 256MB HyperMemory?

A:Comparing Graphic cards

I'll say...the ATI card. Are you getting a laptop? You need to consider other things besides video card(processor, memory, etc...)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-graphic-cards.66841/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All,I've been searching for a Windows equivalent to the unix 'diff' program since the late 90's. Somehow, I never managed to find an answer until recently. I thought I might as well share what I learned, so here it is:In Word 2000, go to tools -> track changes -> compare documents.Here are a couple of refernces for your reading satisfaction :http://my.brandeis.edu/bboard/q-and-a-fetc...g?msg_id=00000qhttp://continuinged.uml.edu/online/tutorial/word_tracking/

A:Comparing Documents In Ms Word

Thanks for sharing the information with us BanditFlyer. Take care,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36449/comparing-documents-in-ms-word/