Windows Support Forum

How to set font, font size and text color

Q: How to set font, font size and text color

Greetings,

Would someone please tell me how to permanently set the font, size of font and font color in MS 2010 Outlook so that I don't have to set it everytime I type an email.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to set font, font size and text color

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to set font, font size and text color

Quote: Originally Posted by C32C3

Greetings,

Would someone please tell me how to permanently set the font, size of font and font color in MS 2010 Outlook so that I don't have to set it everytime I type an email.

Thanks.

I don't use Outlook anymore, so I can't give you step by step instructions..

Have a look at this tutorial :
Change Default Email Font Settings & Theme In Outlook 2010

***Adding : The website opens slowly, please give it a few extra seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/176606-how-set-font-font-size-text-color.html
Relevancy 26.66%

The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show is in full swing this week with several technology giants on hand to show off their latest products. One of the early frontrunners for attention is HP's new DreamColor Z32x, a professional-grade...

Read more

A:HP's massive professional-grade 4K monitor features 10-bit color spectrum, IPS panel and more

The picture in picture feature is awesome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hps-massive-professional-grade-4k-monitor-features-10-bit-color-spectrum-ips-panel-and-more.211399/
Relevancy 26.23%

Just bought myself a 4tb WD green, and wondering if I should just go 64k Allocation Unit Size.

Mainly going to be used for video, I've got a 2tb drive sitting around I can use for everything else.

Any reason why I shouldn't go 64k?

A:Allocation Unit Size

The larger the allocation size, the fewer the files that can be stored in that partition.

Take a gander at your Video folder, set the view to details, then click the column heading SIZE twice - - that will cause a sort descending of the folder content.

An ideal size would be the AVERAGE SIZE(all the files therein) - - but there's not tool to find that number :sigh:

I would choose a number that best fits the most dominant size shown,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allocation-unit-size.204889/
Relevancy 27.52%

I turn-on the power on my laptop and all I see is a cycle of Red, Green, Blue, White, & Black of color on my screen. Computer was working the night before. I do not know much about troubleshooting a computer. Can anyone please give me an advice or guide if this is something I would be able to tinker to work or bring the laptop over for service.
I have a Dell XPS1730 (5 years old) with Nvidia IUPGA5D G84. Recently, upgraded to Windows 7
I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.
Daire

A:Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

The internal video has died. To verify this you can attach an external monitor and see if the display is normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-flashes-rgbwb-color-upon-power-up.203382/
Relevancy 26.23%

Heyo,

This could very well be in the hardware category for printers, but for now I think it's related to the OS?
We have Win7 machines and Win Server 2008 R2 machine acting as the print server.
Using PCL driver.
FX ApeosPort IV C2275 printer
Using Standard TCP/IP port 'hostname'
Some documents with specific print settings (e.g. page range, as opposed to 'current page') fail to print. Details:

Print is 'successful' as shown by Windows.
Print job spools 'successfully', is inserted into print queue.
No print job appears from printer, nor is there any record of the job on the printer.
Page count on queue is N/A, size is 0

Any ideas? Changing protocol between RAW and LPR makes no change.

A:Print spooler zero size

Hmm; is the print driver the latest version?

Test and fix on the hosting machine first (aka the Win Server 2008 R2 machine) as that has to work correctly if the clients are to have any hope.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-spooler-zero-size.201642/
Relevancy 25.8%

My friend leaning towards to have a Droid Razr Maxx recently because she has special favor to Motorola probably first mobile phone she had but I am feeling that Maxx life About Razr & size battery the screen size is a bit of a double About Razr Maxx size & battery life edged sword because she is a BB user now familiar with the Qwerty keyboard The larger screen About Razr Maxx size & battery life creates a fantastic visual experience when browsing but I m guessing she will not used to it She also feel like the larger screen and keyboard along with swype will be easier to About Razr Maxx size & battery life get over the lack I do not know much about this model though I owned a doridX so I wander if it was a bit big and have you gotten used to its size over time And also I heard that its battery life last long and have no idea whether it is true My droidX indeed have an impressive performance before even if I unplugged the phone off the charger at am not to put it back on the charger before I crashed out at night and woken up next day the battery still at about Through one day I kept the wifi was on all day I played an hours worth of home run derby I watched a few you tube videos surfed a little net and I have all my accounts synced up tofacebook myspace yahoo hotmail google and twitter I also have a live wallpaper running In the end I my battery never hit the quot red quot and was a little over hours of battery life before I put it on the charger I recommanded droidX to her but she wants a more recent model nbsp

A:About Razr Maxx size & battery life

Why don't you install a larger memory card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-razr-maxx-size-battery-life.196339/
Relevancy 25.37%

When I am typing on my laptop, there is a delay when typing letters. Sometimes I have to go back and retype because the keyboard hesitates or displays letters in a delay mode. For example: if type "help" I may have typed the 4 characters but only see "he"

A:Keyboard not displaying text

Name of laptop, OS, & any more info would sure be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-displaying-text.195607/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have a u8850 and my texts come through twice each time, anyone got any ideas how to change it back? billy

By the way its a huawei and it goes hot to touch while charging as well and its about 3 month old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/text-messages.195106/
Relevancy 27.52%

Okay so let s get the hardware out of the Screen Resolution Applications Full Color in and Issues way first nVidia EVGA GTX I - k GB Corsair RAM Asus P P Deluxe I think Can find the box if it s a big deal Windows Pro SP For displays I have a Sony Bravia TV running HDMI off of the Resolution and Color Issues in Full Screen Applications GPU and a Zenbo running VGA off of the GPU s DVI Onwards to the issue Both TV s run fine for what they are but when I decide to do anything that s a full screen application two things happen every time Resolution and Color Issues in Full Screen Applications First and foremost I lost dramatic picture quality Specifically my color looks all washed out and grainy as if I m going from a bit to a - and this will persist until Secondly my resolutions get warped resulting in the process I m running actually being a little bit larger than my display thus I lose about an inch on all sides Also for some games such as the new Tomb Raider I get a message saying that Windows Aero has been temporarily disabled to improve performance This doesn t always pop up but does so enough during other more graphically intense games Crysis to be a point of concern Here s the tricky part I just tried to screencap this problem and seemingly it does not exist That is it say when I took a screencap of the edges being off the screencap show they re there Same with my video quality the problem doesn t show up on the screencap despite the fact that I know it s there I took a before after picture of my desktop showing how things are cut off and look terrible And it s the same image So this means that my GPU is processing the image properly but my displays or something to do with how it s getting to the displays is not functioning correctly But I don t understand this because this happens across all of my monitors I ve got another E-Machines p monitor that I just recently stopped using and it still does it as well I m sort of getting frustrated with this I m not technologically illiterate but for the life of me I have no idea what could be causing this I ve tampered with the settings in Windows and in my nVidia control panel to no avail I also know through Driver Genius that all my drivers are up to date Thoughts nbsp

A:Resolution and Color Issues in Full Screen Applications

Take a photo.

Do you have up to date NVIDIA drivers?

Try it with only one TV connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-and-color-issues-in-full-screen-applications.194095/
Relevancy 24.94%

Why would the printer change from normal operation change to printing emails in cryptic
I'm asking this to try help out my neighbor . But I was wondering if the email was the cause ?
regards drecked

A:Printer started printing cryptic text

Open NOTEPAD, type a few lines and the <ctl>P to print it.

If it is reproduced correctly, then it's the goofy email,

otherwise, disconnect power, wait a minute or two,
then go through the printer settings and test again.

Still having a problem, download and install new firmware from the vendor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-started-printing-cryptic-text.191448/
Relevancy 27.52%

Need to replace r29 & r30 resistors that were burnt beyond recognition, but have had no success in locating schematics or color code. Found a picture of the board online but to small to identify bands. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Altec Lansing ACS621 resistor color code

Resister codes

b - black = 1
b - brown = 2
r - red = 3
o - orange = 4
y - yellow = 5
g - green= 6
b - blue = 7
v - violet = 8
g - green = 9
w - white = 0
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_color_code

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-acs621-resistor-color-code.190330/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 1GB card. It works just fine, but I have noticed an issue where memory size detected differs from the actual size.
For example dxdiag (both32 and 64bit) detects only 700MB. So does Can You run it (from time to time).
I did validation with GPU-z and it does show proper size at 1GB: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/9p6wr/

I am wondering whether this might be due to a faulty card or (crossed fingers) nothing to worry about. I love this card and it would, obviously, really blow if it's defective.

Almost forgot to add that I am, currently, running on Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium. Windows 8 Pro 64Bit show the card as having 768MB of memory.

A:Incorrect memory size

If it works, don't worry about the detected memory difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incorrect-memory-size.187533/
Relevancy 24.51%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
I'm currently running a machine with an 8-core processor and a 550W Power Supply.

The machine won't run on all 8 cores. It gets to the "Windows Startup" screen and shuts down. It's not running hot as far as I can tell, and if I manually shut down a pair of cores in the BIOS it runs just fine. I am currently running it on 6 cores, but would like to run it on all 8.

Is my Power Supply not powerful enough, or do you think it's another problem?
Thanks.

My System:
Processor: AMD FX 8120 (8-core), 3.1GHz Socket AM3+
Motherboard: ASUS M5A88-V EVO
Power Supply: Logisys 550W ATX12V
Video Card: *Currently using onboard*

A:What size power supply do I need for my CPU/motherboard combo?

Your 550W PSU should run that system just fine. Is your BIOS up to date?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-power-supply-do-i-need-for-my-cpu-motherboard-combo.179683/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello forum I m currently in the process of updated my computer s hardware I ve got pretty much a list of what i would like i have already purchased the Power Supply Fan size and the graphics card However Fan size i am planning on overclocking the procceseur i k and am looking into different cooling systems because rumour has it that the cooling device given along with the CPU is no Fan size good My only problem is that the ones i am looking at are very big and i ve heard that people have had trouble installing RAM because some cooling systems get in the way Here is what i m planning on purchasing Motherboard Asus P P pro CPU i k Cooler Thermaltake Frio CLP or Mastercooler v Now i ve heard numerous rumours about ram not fitting after installing these monsters particularly the RAM i was interested in the Corsair DDR which has massive cooling quot wings quot I don t know whether getting smaller Ram like the Kingston DDR would be better But will having hardly no cooling on the RAM hinder it s performance Are their any alternatives to these cooling systems i am looking at Maybe a bit smaller but still capable of cooling enough What are your opinions Thanks Tom P s Would i have to get another case if i wanted one of these big cooling systems nbsp

A:Fan size

Just get the normal sized RAM sticks, they don't get that hot anyway.

Check the specs for the cooler and for your case, they usually give a clearance height. What case do you have anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-size.174468/
Relevancy 25.8%

For these day s hard disks to use as System C-drive please on performance Advice maximum size C-drive for for operating sytem and programs is there a recommmended maximum size before the performance slows down due to longer seek times etc I m referring to conventional hard disks not SSD I remember a few years ago for speed purposes anything bigger than GB was advised to be avoided for the C-drive as load times were becoming noticeably longer Is this still the case with today s systems I m planning to build a new i K gaming system and I m not quite ready to go SSD Advice please on C-drive maximum size for performance yet My HD will be Western Digital SATA- MB cache such as the WD FAEX and will be used as my C-drive as a single partition While OS software will go on this System drive all my personal files documents videos pictures etc will go be stored on another drive which I ll have as big as possible and I don t mind how slow that one becomes My options for Advice please on C-drive maximum size for performance C-drive size are MB TB TB and TB Which one would perform the fastest do seek times increase as used space increases or does it make no more difference anymore with modern advancements And is it adviseable to have the OS swap files on a separate drive or same drive as OS Thanks nbsp

A:Advice please on C-drive maximum size for performance

These questions have been asked and answered over and over for the last ten years or so... I have a 1TB drive C, RAID setup (2 500GB Seagate SATA drives) for my OS and everything else, and a separate 420GB drive used as a backup drive for my music, documents, downloads and pictures. With today's CPU's, memory capacity and great computing speeds, swap files really aren't necessary at all... I have never experienced any benefits moving the Windows swap file to another drive separate from the OS. I really don't use full drive image backups either for my small business

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-please-on-c-drive-maximum-size-for-performance.169319/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all I have a Lexmark Z printer that has ink Z23 color Lexmark problems served me well for Lexmark Z23 color ink problems ten years without too many problems Until now I am Lexmark Z23 color ink problems having trouble with color printing When I print anything in color it seems that the blue Lexmark Z23 color ink problems ink does not print anymore The blue ink starts off flowing strong then a few seconds later gets lighter and stops with no color flow This has been happening with the last - NEW LM cartridges I have used NOT re-manufactured I noticed that when I do a cleaning page I m printing one right now it shows lots of quot breaks quot in the blue red yellow lines at the top bottom of the page It is like this for all new color cartridges that I use I don t think the problem is the cartridge because they are brand new I tried cleaning the head but this did not work and still clogs up The black ink cartridge works fine and does not have any problems I don t want to keep replacing the expensive - color ink cartridges if they are not the problem Any ideas on what the problem could be Thanks for your help Scott nbsp

A:Lexmark Z23 color ink problems

From Lexmark's knowledge base:

While using a clean pencil eraser, clean the contact points on the copper strip (only the little squares just below the bar code). Caution! Do not use the eraser on the nozzles that were cleaned, as this will damage the cartridge.

Using a clean part of your dry paper towel, wipe the eraser dust off the contacts; ensure that they are dry, and snap the cartridge back into the printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-z23-color-ink-problems.167982/
Relevancy 27.95%

Can anyone help? I have a iiyama Prolite B2403WSB1 monitor. Last week I had a virus and needed to reinstall my OS and software. Suddenly the colours look odd on the monitor. It looks like there is a pink going to green wash over it from top to bottom. I uninstalled the last software I'd put on (Adobe Photoshop CS) and the monitor was back to normal. I then installed the following and the problem came back:

Memory map OS
Memory map navigator
Eraser
Quicktime
WriteitNow 4

None of these have ever caused a problem before but I uninstalled on the off chance one of them was causing the colour issue. They obviously weren't because I still have the problem. I could ask iiyama but my monitor is out of warranty.

Do you know what could be happening?

A:Monitor color went wonky after OS reinstall

check another monitor on pc check pc on different monitor

Hi happened similar to me a few years ago sent me a little mad turned out to be my cable but it was attched so couldnt change it and had to buy new monitor.
To check i did this.
Fitted my PC on friends monitor and was fine.
Fitted friend PC onto my monitor and dodgey.
But i do know if its not your cable and is your monitor no one fixes these anymore as tfts are so cheap now
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-color-went-wonky-after-os-reinstall.167368/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi!

I'm about to buy a new LCD monitor to connect with my laptop. My laptop has a 15,6 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution. For my external monitor I'd like to have the same resolution, but what about the size?

Does someone have any recommendations? Not to big (right now I'm using a 32 inch TV, way to big to be comfortable), but not so small that I have to sit too close to the screen. I'm thinking somewhere between 19 and 24 inches. Any opinions?

A:Recommended monitor size for 1920x1080

I have a couple 22" Acer monitors, my only complaint on them is their default color settings are horrible. That is of course fixable with your video card's control settings. I got a pretty good deal on mine about 6 months ago, I don't know what they cost now, but it should be pretty reasonable.

They replaced 2 Benq 20.1" 1680x1050 monitors which I really liked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-monitor-size-for-1920x1080.166253/
Relevancy 26.66%

I guess it depends matter? Does really size on who you ask Really though I do have a question about SSD and size It has been asked over and over but I have not seen any threads that really answer my question What size SSD would be the best option for Does size really matter? me I do your normal computer operation but do a lot of serious video work I have many programs Does size really matter? that I need to use for different things that I do Several different things for video large programs office programs that I have for home automation hundreds of gb of music hundreds of pictures tb of video Large programs for pictures I know I won t store any of the music pics or video on the SSD I have read many many many conflicting reports on what to do with your SSD My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive Where is the best place to put my programs On another drive or on the same partition as the OS I want what will be best for video work nbsp

A:Does size really matter?

Id use 124GB SSD to load my OS, Video Editing Programs and other main programs that you have on. Keep all the data such as music, pictures, videos on a normal HDD.

My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive?Click to expand...

You mean if the program is on the SSD with the OS? Id guess so since it will write the data faster, but I am not expert and on top of that I don't have a SSD. But also a GOOD CPU will play a good roll in that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-size-really-matter.166914/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so i just upgraded my monitor from a 24in Viewsonic to a 27inch viewsonic and all the text is either multicolored/fuzzy or both. res is set @ 1920x1080 i reinstalled all drivers for the video card and monitor, tried changing cables(i use the DVI) and still to no avail, cleartype is on and ive gone thru the process of adjusting it several times and blah. any ideas? Currently using W7 64b Radeon HD5670 VC.

A:Text is multi-colored and fuzzy

What refresh rate are you running? Does the old monitor still work correctly? The new monitor may just be defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/text-is-multi-colored-and-fuzzy.166679/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at this case for my new build. It seems like a nice cheap case for my build, but I'm worried about its size. I'm getting a GTX 570 which is 10.5 inches long and I've read a couple of reviews about people having trouble fitting shorter cards in there, but some reviews said that largers ones like the 570/580 could fit.

I'm just wondering if anyone had this case and could give me some insight on this. Currently this is the only thing stopping me from deciding on this case.

I was also looking at the Cooler Master HAF 922 which plenty of reviews say anything can fit in there, but its costs twice as much.

Thank you

A:Rosewill Challenger case size uncertainty

This case:
Antec 300
would serve you better. it is much sturdier than that Rosewill and ANY video card(s) will fit. I use this case so I know what I'm talking about. The price is great for the quality of this Antec!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-challenger-case-size-uncertainty.166143/
Relevancy 25.37%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 27.95%

Ok so recently I purchased a gtx hawk and have been having major problems in my games I have flickering during different effects in SC and major color issues in Rift Essentially any game I play has an issue Here is a rundown of my system ASUS M A TD-V EVO motherboard AMD Phenom II x CPU Overclocked to Ghz and cores as th was unstable GB G Skill Ripjaws DD Ram - - - timings MSI GTX Hawk Antec Eco Neo W PSU WD Caviar blue GB HDD Windows XP SP -Bit Ok so heres the wierd part the issue 460 and color Rift Wrong WoW on GTX with fills is temporarily solved whenever I reinstall the graphics drivers but the issue returns after a bit I would be playing starcraft II and all of a sudden the game crashes and when I open it back up the issue has Wrong color fills with GTX 460 on WoW and Rift returned and I have to reinstall the graphics drivers My graphics card is not overheating as it is in a very well ventilated case and is running at stock speeds and I have also monitored the temps and they remain very low I am fairly certain the card is not defective as I have already RMAed one and they simply replaced it with a new one Any ideas on what could be wrong nbsp

A:Wrong color fills with GTX 460 on WoW and Rift

I realize now I probably did not give enough information so I am going to add specs and a picture of what the error looks like

ASUS M4A785TDV- EVO MOBO
G. Skill DDR3 1600 4gigs RAM
MSI Hawk Talon Attack GTX 460 1GB Video Card
Western digital caviar blue 500gb HDD
Windows XP 32bit OS

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9295/riftglitch.png

the error will usually go away if i reboot the game but will occasionally progress and cause BSODs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-color-fills-with-gtx-460-on-wow-and-rift.161285/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi guys can any one help ive just got a toshiba tecra s1 laptop im wanting to upgrade the hard drive but the problem is a dont know what size it is 2.5 or 3.5 sata. ide i dont want to get the wrong one thanx in advance

A:Toshiba tecra s1 hard drive size

Hello Andy, its 2.5" and its an IDE and i can't go beyond 100GB if i remember correctly...
Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-tecra-s1-hard-drive-size.160730/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,

Here is my problem with this monitor (Samsung SyncMaster BX2350)
I get this problem eaven when I hook it up with another PC, I tried to change cables as well (HDMI, DVI)

The problem is that my monitor has problems to blend colors. You can see in these few pics. tinyurl<dot>com<fowardslash>38yzavg

Place where black and white color meets is with visable borders, kind of layers, but that blend should be smooth.

I tryed to take some photos as well.

A:Color blending, SyncMaster BX2350

The monitor needs to be repaired or replaced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/color-blending-syncmaster-bx2350.158755/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have always liked playing the game Yahoo's text twist but for some reason the picture within the screen is to big for the box, ive tried adjusting the Java settings but this does not work it happens with other sites to with these boxes.
Could someone PLEASE help!

Thanks!

A:Can't see correct size anymore?

Has your screen resolution changed? It may just be smaller now and the game expects a larger screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-correct-size-anymore.154561/
Relevancy 24.94%

Cannon MP530 print,scan,fax. The printer always worked great. I've been out of INK for 4 months. I finally bought the pgbk 5 black ink cartridge so I could print resumes. This works fine as usual. I decided I'd add a page of pictures displaying my work in grayscale. The printer only prints a blank page. I cleaned the cartridge right before trying to print images so I don't know if that did something? I just downloaded the latest drivers from cannons website...no change. I've tried several different image files...still prints text fine...and it will print goodgle homepage image and all. Please help this doesn't make sense...

P.S. Is it because my bk 8 black cartridge used with yellow magenta and cyan is empty?

Thanks,

Dane

A:Cannon MP530 printer won't print images, only text

more likely the heads are clogged.

print Picture in gray scale says printer mechanics are good

same picture in color => nothing ? ==> color print heads.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannon-mp530-printer-wont-print-images-only-text.154023/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am working on a aspire laptop that currently has 512 Memory. Do I HAVE TO add the same size memory to get the Dual Channel performance or can I add a 1GB module to the system (resulting in a 1.5 GB system) and not have issues. I know the speeds have to be the same.
Is this process any different than installing memory in a tower system?

A:Is RAM size an issue in laptops?

Laptops are usually fitted with SD-RAM, which is smaller than standard PC based DDR RAM.

In order to use dual channel they need to be of the same size, and ideally the same speed, although the latter isn't so much of a worry as it will default to the lowest speed out of the two RAM sticks fitted.

With the cost of RAM these days (and assuming your laptop will take it) I would recommend you purchase a 2GB kit consisting of 2 1GB sticks.

In respect to fitting the RAM, its all dependant on how easy the laptop manufacturer has made fitting the RAM. Some laptops require the keyboard to be removed in order to change the sticks, others you can just remove a panel on the underside of the laptop and they're exposed and easily changed.

The RAM is fitted by lining up the stick at 45 degrees to the socket, and then sliding it into the socket til resistance is felt, then pushed down til it locks into place on the metal clips. To remove the RAM, you just spread the metal clips on each side of the stick, and it then pops up. You'll see exactly how its done when you remove your old RAM sticks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-ram-size-an-issue-in-laptops.153932/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am using this as a monitor with a direct tv hd reciever. Has a nice looking picture but the actual video signal is larger than the screen size...in other words any writing at the bottom or top of the screen are cut off by maybe an inch or less. In the menu there are boxes to adjust screen size but cannot be accessed I am a former tech and know there is a key combination to access this....anyone know this or have a service manual for this model. It would be listed in the service manual. Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Acer x223w screen size

Here is the manual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-x223w-screen-size.153873/
Relevancy 26.23%

Quick question, is there an easy way to read the block size of a drive in Windows 7? I'd imagine there is but a cursory look on google usually ended up as linux commands which do not apply to me.

A:Partition block size, Windows 7

With NTFS there is no means to set blocksize and the cluster size is adjusted automatically.

With Linux, yes, you set the blocksize and describe the partition in terms of count of blocks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-block-size-windows-7.153347/
Relevancy 27.95%

Picture: img693.imageshack.us/img693/426/monitoreb.jpg

I have two LCD VGA monitors connected to a GEFORCE 8800 GTS card with VGA->DVI adapters and this problem is only present on whichever monitor is connected to port 1. Also, everything works fine when a DVI monitor is connected to port 1. I have the latest drivers and have tried every possible combination of 2 monitors, 2 cables and 3 different adapters, so it's definitely a card/settings issue. So, any clues as to what might be causing this?

A:Weird color issue with 8800 GTS

Your link doesn't work for me.
I'd probably check to make sure refresh rates for both screens are equal, and that vertical sync (nvidia control panel) is turned on for the apps you are using as a general start point for troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-color-issue-with-8800-gts.150604/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to set up the Gamma. So I'm following the instructions of QuickGamma, which say to set the color temperature to 6500k. The problem is that the monitor controls only allow for the following changes:
- Warm white
- Cool white
- Manually adjust intensities for R, G, and B

Thanks guys

DPC

A:How to set color temp w/an Acer x243w monitor?

Warm White adds red...
Cool white adds blue...
Gamma adjusting software can be obtained from Adobe or by using Google. Gamma is a function of the overall brightness of a monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-set-color-temp-w-an-acer-x243w-monitor.146662/
Relevancy 25.37%

Well the short of the story is i upgraded my video card(ATI HD26xx 512mb) to a ATI 5670 GDDR5 1024mb amd ever since all my text is fuzzy and cannot use my resolution 1920 x 1080(Preferred by my monitor) and ive redone all the drivers for the video card both from the disc it came with and from their website, And the driver for the monitor( Viewsonic VX2433wm 24in WS) Also i went from a DVI component to a HDMI for the supposed better quality. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.~

A:New video card and fuzzy text!

So i learned today that for computers DVI>HDMI i should have checked that before even posting here(Duh!) thanks all!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-and-fuzzy-text.147567/
Relevancy 24.94%

Okay, so my friend has a prepaid cellphone from Virgin Mobile.

Sometimes we'll be having a conversation, and then something happens with the phone service or whatever, and I get the same text message maybe 20 times over the course of 5 hours or so, and during that time she can't receive any texts from me.

Then after a while, it goes back to normal, and her phone gets a flood of texts that I sent over the past few hours.
What the heck is going on?
Why does this happen?
Can we do anything to fix it?

I'm not so sure how cellphone SMS messages work exactly, so I would love some more information.
Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

A:Virgin Mobile phone sends same text message over and over again

Did you check with Virgin Mobile?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help-support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-mobile-phone-sends-same-text-message-over-and-over-again.145345/
Relevancy 27.52%

I hooked the laptop to an external monitor. I got it to work by disconnecting the screen from the laptop. when I turn on the laptop the external monitor has hundreds of multicolor dashes on it. the colors change as it goes through the different screens of the booting process. once it is booted if i touch the mouse pad on the laptop and move the cursor the colors change. could it be a virus or is it my graghics card. i was watching something I downloaded from the internet on the laptop when this trouble started. I do not get any of these multicolored dashes on the laptop screen. just a blue light

A:Multi color dashes on external monitor

Hi

why did you disconnect the screen from the laptop.

does the laptop screen work normally.

when you turn the laptop on do you see the normal screen (splash screen or makers logo etc)

if so have you tried booting in VGA mode (press F8 just after you see the white writing on the screen,

if not then its a good chance its the video card, unlikely that it failed though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-color-dashes-on-external-monitor.144867/
Relevancy 27.52%

My lcd was flickering and had a pink hue to it and out of focus. I ordered an new lcd and installed it and it didn't change a thing. Does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Latitude D-620 LCD is flickering and is pink in color

loose or damaged cable, chip, motherboard....

overheating system......

could be a variety of things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d-620-lcd-is-flickering-and-is-pink-in-color.140655/
Relevancy 25.37%

Do anyone help me save my sms text message to my desktop computer for backup?
If you can help me read and manager sms in computer will be great thankful
PS:My phone is HTC-p4500 on windows mobile 6.

A:How to save mobile text message to PC?

I'm not sure if this will help:

http://reviews.cnet.com/1991-11400_7-6416968-8.html

Says you should have software for it, you will also need the USB cord to hook it up to your computer, unless it has Blue tooth you might be able to get it off that way, but I doubt it. Goodluck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-save-mobile-text-message-to-pc.140887/
Relevancy 28.38%

After installing the updated driver for my Nvidia 6800 gt graphics card I noticed my screen had become a little brighter with slightly more red and some icons and words looked slightly hazy. My monitor (hp w2338h - using AVG plug) has and "auto" button on it that automatically detects the correct color/shading/brightness etc to make my picture always perfect. After the update I saw my screen wasn't right but the monitor auto-adjustment is not fixing it. What fixed it was uninstalling my nivdia cards and letting my computer install the factory drive and my desktop coloring looks fine. Any idea why when I update my graphics driver it is making my computers color different? Perhaps it's the drivers themselves? Im running Vista Home premium 64 bit(default installed OS), and my graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT(default video card)

A:Monitor color problem

Have you try installing the drivers a second time after the problem first occurred? Maybe something wasn't installed correctly. Also make sure your using the right driver for your graphics card and OS. If that still doesn't help you can always go into the Nvidia control panel and adjust the colors there.
By AVG plug you do mean VGA right? In which case if you monitor supports DVI I would suggest getting a DVI cable to replace your VGA, this isn't 100% necessary but it helps with color settings and sharpness sometimes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-color-problem.137008/
Relevancy 28.38%

I know that different types of ram (DDR1, DDR2,... etc) Have different color slots to tell the difference between them, my question is what color corresponds to which..? such as (from what i think I know )

Baige or Black = DDR1?
Black = DDR2?
Blue = DDR3?? I would like to know what blue is speciffically becuase that what my MB uses.

( ) = DDR4?
( ) = DDR5?

I would like to know for future MB upgrades

A:RAM Color Slot Question

oh ok i looked a little and found out the multiple colors on my mb are for dual channel support, my question is then changed to "how can you tell what type of ram your mb uses"? I would do the obvious and look inside the comp but there unlabeled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-color-slot-question.135268/
Relevancy 26.66%

I bought a hitachi 500gb hdd today, I have vista on my old 80 gb hdd but want to put this 500gb into 3 partitions and run xp on it however....

Vista detects hdd as 500gb
XP detects hdda as 131gb

Is there something I need to do to get xp to recognise its fullsize?

A:HDD Size Problem

If it is not already, update you copy of Windows XP to Service Pack 2

Then use a partitioning tool to resize the partition to its full capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-size-problem.134065/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys,
I bought a samsung 2233sw monitor a month ago, and running with evga 8600gt using D-Sub(VGA) connector.
Now-a-days i am noticing a intermittent flickering or text shaking artifact is displayed on my screen only when i run it in its highest(native) resolution that is 1920x1080 full hdmi. In lower resolution there is no such problem. but in lower resolution the display of the monitor is very poor and showing a text/screen bluring or tearing effect like other tfts.

Can u guys suggest some solution to the problem.

Can dvi-d connection wipe out this sort of problem.

A:Flickering/text shaking on new samsung 2233sw monitor

I suppose I'd spring for a DVI cable as a matter of course. It will look better, (assuming everything is working correctly) with the Digital connection

But, I'd really try your monitor on another computer ASAP. >>>(read this as first)<< In case it needs to be RMAed.

It seem's logical to eliminate that first.

The last time I saw anything such as you describe on a computer monitor was with an old Emachines 17" CRT. I think that was due to the degausser. Or maybe RFII.

First, any graphics adapter, even onboard, should be able to display up to 1920 x 1200 even connected via VGA.

So, in no particular order,

bad cable.

Electrical interference

Video driver corrupted or wrong version

Bad video card

Bad monitor.

I bought a Samsung recently, but haven't used it. It has a "driver disc" (?), so much for universal PnP. It was giving me trouble setting the color, brightness and contrast. Don't know if that was the video card driver. But the control sliders were really acting funky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flickering-text-shaking-on-new-samsung-2233sw-monitor.132329/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have this pathetically stupid problem with the nvidia control panel.

I have a second display configured (my tv) and I'm trying to change its colour settings but it's not registering at all. When I click "save" the settings just jump back to default and the radio button switches back to "other applications control settings" rather than "use NVIDIA settings" which is what I want.

Any ideas on this ridiculously annoying problem? I am using Vista Ultimate 32bit and I have the latest nvidia drivers.

A:Can't change desktop color settings

You can't control the TV 's color from the computer, unless this TV has computer inputs other than the standard RCA inputs. How are you connecting this TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-desktop-color-settings.131955/
Relevancy 27.95%

is there a standard for cases? I have an older computer and it doesn't boot up and i want to double check if the wires are all hooked up but I don't know which is which on this one

I have a print out of the board and what each plug is...

This probably sounds stupid to some of you but i figure I'd ask since searching wasn 't providing anything fruitful

A:Case wire color coding

Just follow the twisted pair wires from the front case (power switch, reset switch, power LED and hard drive LED) Only the hard drive LED and the power LED need polarity positioning, meaning the black wires or (-) have to be in a certain order on the motherboard header, in order to function. The header position of the power and reset switches don't have a polarity (+ or - ) concern. + is the colored wire and the - is the black wire

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-wire-color-coding.131121/
Relevancy 25.8%

Title says it all. Also, could anyone recommend me a compatible motherboard?

A:What size of case to fit GeForce GTX 260 OCX Maxcore 896MB?

Hi houston,
as far as case goes, look for a mid tower case or better, one made for the gamer are sure to have room for high end cards. like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
the mother board only requires a pcie 1.0 or pcie 2.0 slot, but is dependant on the cpu you plan to use, or are using. and the features you want. are you planning a new build? if you want to list what you use your computer. i, and others would be happy to make recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-of-case-to-fit-geforce-gtx-260-ocx-maxcore-896mb.129149/
Relevancy 26.23%

SImple question : whats the exact size of a 1gb pendrive ?

940 MB ?

990MB
1024 MB ?
Here's what right > properties shows me

Is this correct ? The reason I ask is because I think I may have messed up my pen-drive on linux

A:Exact size of a pen drive

That looks right to me :grinthumb

As for the exact size, well part of the space is used by the filesystem (Fat32) and I think there's some other memory amount used as well. Anyway, you never get exactly the stated amount on any drive (in your case 1024 Meg)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exact-size-of-a-pen-drive.127232/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,
I have Nvidia Gforce 8500 GT Card and few days ago suddenly the display became a huge color patch
then i restated the PC with safemod and got my desktop showing and i uninstalled the VGA Driver, thn my Desktop has pink lines.

Can some one explain the issure?

Thanks

A:Color patch on startup

When you started in safemode, did your desktop look normal? What process did you use to uninstall the graphics driver? What I'm asking is did you uninstall it through Add and Remove Programs or through Device Manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/color-patch-on-startup.126732/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an HP Pavilion laptop that is about 2 yrs. old. About a month ago I noticed that as I type in ANY program (emails, word, this post) I will type sentences and the
cursor annoyingly skips to another part of the text. It has done it several times as I type this post. It seems to happen randomly. any ideas?

A:Cursor skips to another portion of text when typing

From: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ousepad+while+typing&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

'TOUCHPAD and MOUSE POINTER ? TO CUSTOMIZE
Right click Desktop to open Personalize
Go to: BUTTONS
BUTTON CONFIGURATION
Select: Right Handed or Left Handed
DOUBLE CLICK SPEED: I set the slider to the slowest setting ( if too fast, double clicks won?t open files)
Click Lock: Select this if you want it
POINTER OPTIONS:
MOTION:
Select a POINTER SPEED: I set mine at the fastest ? makes the touchpad fly (This technically controls the mouse buttons, but makes also touchpad feel faster)
Check: Enhance pointer precision
Visibility: check: Hide pointer while typing
DEVICE SETTINGS:
Click on the SETTINGS tab:
First, click on Overview to open the tree and read the overview of the controls.
TAPPING: If you want to be able to tap on your touch pad, set the controls for Tapping, tap and drag, and tap zones.
BUTTONS: Double click on Buttons to open the tree and set the controls:
Left ButtonAction: Primary Click
Right Buton Zction: Secondary Click
VIRTUAL SCROLLING: Double click on Virtual Scrolling to open the tree and set the controls:
Check: Enable vertical scrolling and/or enable horizontal scrolling
LONG DISTANCE SCROLLING
Check Enable coasting, if you want that option, and Enable Edge Motion when scrolling
SCROLLING SPEED: Set slider for scrolling speed. I set mine at the slowest
Adjust SCROLLING REGION
SCROLLING SELECTION: I checked: Scroll item under pointer (for a broader scrolling area)
EDGE MOTION: Select the Edge Motion you want. I chose Perform Edge Motion when pointing and dragging
Select your Edge Motion Region and Edge Motion Speed. I selected: Control motion with finger and set my slider at medium-slow.
Constrained Motion, Slow Motion and Sticky Borders: Select some or all of these if you want them
SENSITIVITY: Double click on Sensitivity to open the tree and set the controls:
Double click on + to open tree
PALM CHECK: I left my Palm Check at the default spot , near center but a little toward Maximum (if mouse gets irratic, increase toward Maximum) If mouse is not responsive to certain clicks, decrease toward Minimum)
TOUCH SENSITIVITY:
Light Touch ? I set my toward the most sensitive -- all the way toward Light Touch
Click on Apply, and then OK.'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cursor-skips-to-another-portion-of-text-when-typing.121103/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've been given a Dell Optiplex GX280 with a busted mobo. It's the small mini-tower form factor; What size is the motherboard? Cheers

A:What size mobo is in a Dell Optiplex GX280?

Hmm there's seems to be a few here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx280/en/ug/index.htm

Also all your info, via Service Tag can be found here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-mobo-is-in-a-dell-optiplex-gx280.126367/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I just got Far Cry for my computer but i have to change the AGP aperture size to 64MB i dont know how to change it!!! Please help me out

A:How do I Change The AGP Aperture Size on A Windows XP Computer?

You will find a setting for agp in the computers bios. You're best bet it to change it to the same size as you graphics cards memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-change-the-agp-aperture-size-on-a-windows-xp-computer.126183/
Relevancy 25.8%

A few weeks ago we downloaded an updated driver for our video card so that my son could play a particular game. Now everything on our computer is larger in size: our desktop icons, our internet pages, our office software, etc. Is there an easy way to return everything back to it's original size or I am going to have to do it program by program?

A:Quick Question about page size, icons, etc

Right click an open area of the desktop, Left click properties, left click settings, move the screen resolution slider to the right a couple spots and apply. That's how you adjust that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-about-page-size-icons-etc.120607/
Relevancy 28.38%

This morning I turned on my computer and everything was all Pixely and horrible quality. And I go to fix the res and color quality and I can only set my resolution to 640x4... And the color quality only to 4 bit. When In safe mode everything works fine, but as soon as I get back into regular mode, back to the mess. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Can't Change Res. Or Color Quality

Failed video card or video graphics driver. Delete Video graphics driver in System->Hardware->Device Manager, then reboot and reinstall. If that doesn't work, the video graphics card has reached the end of its useful product life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-res-or-color-quality.119424/
Relevancy 26.23%

I had some corrupted files on a 4GB flash drive and it got formatted to 474MB and I need to know how to format it back to 4GB

A:formatted to wrong size

simple. Go to disk management in windows. Also see :http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-to-wrong-size.80971/
Relevancy 26.23%

Are there any general rules for configuring stripe size on drives/RAID arrays? I've seen some people wanting to use smaller stripe sizes (as low as 512 bytes) on SSD drives. I've seen some posts saying 64K, the usual default, is best.

What are the advantages/disadvantages to larger/smaller stripe sizes? What types of files are best for what stripe size? What stripe sizes line up best with what uses?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

A:Stripe size rules of thumb?

Covered here;

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic1596.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stripe-size-rules-of-thumb.117892/
Relevancy 25.37%

Over the weekend, I tried transferring a 6GB iso to two different external hard drives, but each time the error was that the file was too large, even though there were over 100GB of free space left on either hard drive. Do you guys know what the problem could be?

A:Restriction on file transfer size to external hard drive?

It is likely a Fat32 file system....... I believe the limit is 1 byte short of 4 gigs

I dont remmy if there is a limit for NTFS or not, but that is probably the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restriction-on-file-transfer-size-to-external-hard-drive.116066/
Relevancy 27.95%

So i just purchased my VERY first LCD display I ve always been a CRT user but decided to try one out I decided to go with the BW Suffice to say with all the talk and rage about how LCD is so clear and crisp I am a little disappointed The main issue I am having is really only ONE color that is just to blinding for me to tolerate despite any settings I have tried The color quot white quot is to bright and glares up a lot of what i m seeing it just seems that the white color wants to take over the entire screen if you know what I mean Any website like this one that has bright colors is really hard to look at compared with a traditional CRT monitor My question is are LCD monitors suppose to be like this Samsung color 2253BW issue I don t know if there s something i m doing wrong or if Samsung 2253BW color issue there s a defect somewhere Or maybe this is how lcds really are I ve always heard lcds always had trouble displacing the colors quot black quot quot white quot and quot grey quot Anyone can give any insights thx in advance for any help anyone can give BW http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk bw nbsp

A:Samsung 2253BW color issue

Strangely I'm still using CRT myself ! (well you've updated)
But every Display is different to the next (isn't that, bad!)

Anyway, could be contrast
But actually if you have a 3D card, you could run the Video Display settings wizard (usually found in Display Properties, under Advanced settings)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-2253bw-color-issue.113899/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I have a system running Win XP Pro Sp with Re-Size partition? RAID0 clusters on RAID on drives and non-RAID on another drive I have my OS on the first RAID partition As far as I know Re-Size clusters on RAID0 partition? the cluster size is still default which I believe is K for NTFS Would i benefit by changing the cluster size for the system drive to K If the answer is yes is there a way to do this without having to reformat the volume and re-install the OS I have Partition Magic but it will not work on RAID volumes It does not appear that Symantec has a newer version of PM If I do need to reformat and re-install would having a complete backup of the system drive help Would restoring the backup onto the fresh install with larger cluster size produce any issues One reason I thought about resizing the cluster size is that I have already done it on other volumes in the RAID system and find that I have much less fragmentation according to Diskeeper Pro It would make sense that larger clusters will be more efficient for large files but I am not sure about the effect on the system volume I appreciate any advice help FW nbsp

A:Re-Size clusters on RAID0 partition?

I'm just answering this part:

would having a complete backup of the system drive help? Would restoring the backup onto the fresh install with larger cluster size produce any issues?Click to expand...

Always best to make backups (all support will recommend this as number 1)
Restoring will Not be an issue. Especially if backups made on say DVD Media (actually any external media!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-size-clusters-on-raid0-partition.113787/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm wanting to upgrade my current ASUS EN8600GTS card to something a bit more powerful but I'm having to working with a mATX case, Apevia X-QP 2.

That being the case(no pun intended) I have about 5mm(1/8 in) H and 1-2 in L extra to work with. PSU is directly above PCI-E.

Does anyone know a video card with more than 256mb that is about the size of the ASUS 8600GTS ?

Nvidia is prefered but if ATI is more sympathetic to my situation I would gladly give them a go. Links with exact dimensions would be nice or just tell me how much of a difference there is. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/size-matters.112024/
Relevancy 25.37%

Recently bought this monitor and when I try to set it to its 1440x900 native resolution the text is very difficult to read in that it is grainy. I have to set it to a lower resolution but in doing so the text isn't quite crisp. Do I need a new graphics card? My current one is a Radeon X300 with 128 MB. Thanks in advance.
BTW, I have updated the drivers for my current card but it didn't seem to help.

A:953BW Samsung text is blurry

I would upgrade my graphics card anyways in order to run that native resolution, you'd get better performance all around. 1440 x 900 is pretty demanding for an older card with only 128 megs of vRAM. The picture might look "grainy" because the card doesn't support that pixel aspect ratio or something. A more high-end desktop video card is likely to resolve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/953bw-samsung-text-is-blurry.108981/
Relevancy 27.95%

suddenly my network printer is not displaying menu on the control panel,instead it counts the memory and stop,it was displaying the IP address and sign of being ready.

anyone with an idea of this,please help.

A:HP color laserjet printer 4700

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-color-laserjet-printer-4700.107777/
Relevancy 27.09%

help my pc can only show 8bit color quality and i cant adjust it to 32bit......i reformated then this happend.....i have a IntelŪ Desktop Board D845GVFN im using the built in graphics card......do i need to download a driver?!?!?

A:My built-in graphics card, has 8bit only color quality, after i reformated it

i tried it but it didnt help......i downloaded the exact driver for that motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-built-in-graphics-card-has-8bit-only-color-quality-after-i-reformated-it.107695/
Relevancy 82.56%

I changed my font for everything on my pc to help me see better on a flat screen tv
but I've decided to change it back because on some games i play it effects the text and i cant see whats being said... I thought i knew how to do (go to display props., settings, advanced and change dpi) but i can't get it to work and i can't figure it out. if anyone can help me pls and thank you.

A:Text and font sizing

What operating system are you using? Sounds like XP. If so also notice on that window the compatibility setting. The DPI setting changes the size of all items displayed. If you are asking about font and size (for text) also see (control panel) Display Properties, Settings, Advanced. Also see Control Panel, Fonts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/text-and-font-sizing.105446/
Relevancy 54.61%

This is video shadows Is not Font, it the graphics monitor. card? my it's but create my first post I think I m in the right place-- I get shadows from any lines of font Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card? from a graphic or any other item displayed on my monitor screen I changed Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card? monitors and still get the same thing so it s not Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card? a bad monitor If I have a line of font I get shadows behind and to either side of it going all the way to each side of the screen If the font is dark and heavy the darkness of the shadow is half the value of the font say a hexadecimal value of E E E Lighter font lighter shadow All shadows are always gray-- even from colored font or a colored graphic I have a year old Sony Vaio PCV-R DS Digital Studio It s received a lot of use The graphics card is NVIDIA RIVA TNT Pro Would this have anything to do with the fact that I ve noticed at about the same time all the above happened that my clock is losing about minutes per week now If this is the graphics card how can I confirm the diagnosis myself And how much is a new one going to cost me Thanks DeValle nbsp

A:Font, graphics create shadows but it's not my monitor. Is it the video card?

Same problem here too

I have the same problem here too. Shadows that stretch acrossed the whole monitor horizontally. I bought a new monitor and hooked it up and it did the same thing, so I know it's not the monitor. I have an NVidia GeForce 2 graphics card and run XP. My computer is a 4 1/2 year old Dell Dimension 4100 with a 19" Dell monitor. (still a great computer!)
My colors went way off for a while - so bright they were fluorescent. I adjusted that as best as I could in the NVidia setting control panel. But the colors are still off when I look at the pictures I have on my computer. This just happened all of a sudden.
I have been doing searches on line for days now trying to find help with this. I don't want to do total hard drive wipe out if I don't have to. And if it's just the graphics card, I can replace that. I have wasted hours and hours trying to figure out what is wrong. I have downloaded drivers, changed settings, and done tons of reading. (my Dell Tech Support has run out for this computer so I'm on my own) I'm hoping you can help.
Thanks a bunch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/font-graphics-create-shadows-but-its-not-my-monitor-is-it-the-video-card.32110/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am upgrading my computer but I dont no if I need to upgrade my psu also. I have 600watt psu but it dosnt seem like it would be enough power when there running at their hardest.

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS SSC 640mb
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS SC 320mb
Athlon 64 X2 6400+
PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory (2 x 1024)
500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB (x2)

A:What size PSU would I need?

It's not just the wattage of a supply that counts. If it has dual 12 volt rails at a decent power rating, the existing 600 watt supply should work. If not, it should be replaced. A 450 watt dual 12 volt supply could probably power your present system just fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-psu-would-i-need.104735/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an 8GB mp4 player....It can store files and all. It had a lotta junk so I often format it. But one day when I formatted it. The size of it just reduced to 957mb. Tried to format it using HP's USB format tool. But still its the same. Is my USB drive corrupted or is there any way that I can bring it down to work again.
Please help me and thanks in advance for help...!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drives-size-reduced.104250/
Relevancy 26.23%

My motherboard is Intel Corporation D865GLC AAC27499-405, with a Pentium 4 and about 2Gb RAM. Can I replace my current hard drives with capacities as large as 250 Gb?

A:Maximum hard drive size

It all depends. You need Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or 3 to install more than 132 GB in one partition. Otherwise, you will have to create multiple partitions if your install disk has SP 1, or no service pack.
If your install disk has SP2 or SP3, you can use hard drives of 750 GB or even 1 TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maximum-hard-drive-size.103965/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a sound blaster live! 24 bit sound card and it would be very helpful if someone could tell me or send me a link of the pin sets so that i can hook up my front sound.
thank you

A:Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit font sound hook up

You have to use the motherboard sound connectors to connect the front sound

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-live-24-bit-font-sound-hook-up.103315/
Relevancy 26.66%

G-Day, i have an antec sonata 3 and was wondering if a 9800 gtx would fit? I currently have a hd3870 and i am aware that the 9800 is a lot bigger but so far i have heard that it will fit and that it wont fit but am just wondering if anyone can tell me for sure?

Cheers, Sparton 10

A:9800 gtx size

i've got exactly 11in or 28 cm between the back of the case and the hdd bays

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-gtx-size.103194/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, my friend had downloaded Power Quest Partition Magic 8.0 and was installing it. But when the program asked her to make a Rescue Diskette, she realized that her Notebook does not have diskette drive. So she plugged in her flash drive.

Then her flash drive's size shrank from 2GB to 1.38MB. And folders inside it (as viewed on her notebook) had weird names (became symbols instead of English font)

She's now worried about files that she previously stored in that thumbdrive.

Is there any way to rescue those files and convert her flash drive back to its normal?

A:Please help, flash drive size shrinks because Power Quest Partition Magic 8.0

nope- those files are gone, they have been overwritten. The use of a file recovery program (many are free) may be able to get some of them, but many may be gone, the longer she waits the worse of the chance it will be that they are overwritten.

She will need to use partition magic - the same program to resize the flash drive.

It is HIGHLY inadvisable to partition flash drives. NEVER save ANYTHING on a flash drive that you cannot afford to lose. The media is unreliable by nature.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-flash-drive-size-shrinks-because-power-quest-partition-magic-8-0.103027/
Relevancy 25.37%

So my laptop has this weird issue with the numpad. Sometimes this computer works totally normal like a standard keyboard. But other times, like now... It changes the keys for a 15.4" laptop's numpad:

u = 4
i = 5
o = 6
p = *
j = 1
k = 2
l = 3
; = -
m - 0
/ = +

Now, this is a 17" computer, so it has the numpad and everything. It's an HP with Windows Vista Ultimate on it. Any help or suggestions would be great.

A:Full size laptop numpad issues on Vista

Is this an external number pad?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/full-size-laptop-numpad-issues-on-vista.99734/
Relevancy 26.23%

What is the default Cluster size setting when formatting a Windows NTFS Partition on a hard disk drive greater than 2GB ?

A:Default Cluster size for NTFS

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140365

4Kb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-cluster-size-for-ntfs.100972/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have been working on a (Text/Graphics) Contents Fit Some Programs of Don't in Software Window strangle problem on my wife s Gateway ROG with Windows XP service pack for quite some time Some programs do not fit inside of the windows For example the Epson printer software graphics and text are cut off by the right side Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window of the window of which they appear and the user can not see the entirety of Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window the contents and hence can not select and click much less see options on what should be the right side of the window SuperAnti-Spyware Free edition also does the same thing Apparently for whatever reason these two software programs display their contents inside a window differently than most other software programs which are not displayed correctly inside their respective windows Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window For the record this used not to be a problem I have tried re-installing the Epson printer software the printer works fine I have also tried removing and reinstalling the video device driver software This does not work either It is a ATI Mobility Radeon Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window

Could it be that your display resolutions are wrong?

i doubt it has anything to do with your epson software, since it happens with others..

The normal resolution you should keep your monitors at is to the highest supported by both monitor and graphics card. DPI however, can be altered, found under the advanced properties (display properties>Settings>Advanced..) of your graphics card. Try altering that to the Normal setting and see if it makes a difference..

have you also tried getting the latest software updates available for your graphics card and others you have problem with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/contents-of-some-software-programs-text-graphics-dont-fit-in-window.99471/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi guys. I didnīt find a printers section on the forum so i hope someone could help me out here. See, i have this old stylus color II printer. It printed well since it was here about 8 years (man this thing is older, i guess 1995 but still rocks)...a few months ago i printed 2 book with it (thats its normal task, to print some books i often like) but i used refilled generic cartridges from a loooooong time ago since this cartridges are not manufactured any longer. So, it started printing blury at the end...and i kept that way. I've cleaned the head about 30 times and still prints missaligned dots and i cant get it to print clear as it was doing 200 pages before. I dont thing head is dead, i know its clogged but i cant manage to get it clean again. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

A:Epson Stylus Color II blurry printing

Try the print head realignment procedure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-color-ii-blurry-printing.97494/
Relevancy 26.23%

I originally posted under an old thread I had but I just found out that the person who assisted me in the past has retired from the board I am therefore reposting as a new thread Last week my PC Hard New Drive not size recognized being would no boot up Instead I was being advised of the following quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file quot I ended up having to use the Dell PC restore function to restore my computer to the factory settings Fortunately I was able to pull my data off my hard drive before I restored my OPC I also now have an external hard drive just in case A few days later one of my hard drives failed I have RAID I decided to replace both hard drives actually only one for storage purpose because of the New Hard Drive size not being recognized RAID function Was able to pull my files New Hard Drive size not being recognized off New Hard Drive size not being recognized my old hard drive and got all of my programs back up and running I had a GB hard drive I installed a new BGB Seagate Hard Drive When I check the drive size it shows the old hard disk size Why would my PC not show that I now have a GB actually two GB drives are installed in my PC order to use the RAID option The hard disks installed are GB Seagate MB Cache I can provide a picture of what my PC shows if necessary Why would my PC Dell E not recognize the increased hard drive Any assistance is appreciated nbsp

A:New Hard Drive size not being recognized

Are the new drives in RAID configuration too? And you replaced the old drives by replacing one, then letting the array rebuild, then replacing the other drive and rebuilding again?

Even if you replace the drives in a RAID array, the array itself is not automatically resized. Your RAID management software may have an option to resize the array to fit the new (bigger drives). If this is not the case, then you have to delete the existing and and recreate it from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-size-not-being-recognized.97117/
Relevancy 27.95%

hey. I have a toshiba laptop and it just recently went through it's first format not too long ago. anyways, ever since, my screen will turn to a random color (blue, purple, yellow, green, etc) and I am forced to reboot. AVG ran a scan and found 5 trojans (lmao)

AVG supposedly 'removed' them and or stored them in the 'vault'.
now when I run a scan it comes up clean. I'm suspected I might have a virus and I'm looking into it.

wanted to ask you guys a question about a file titled 'TAPPSRV.EXE'
I've tried to research this file and it doesn't come up with much information at all. does anyone know what this file could be? thanks

A:Possible Virus? Screen Changes to a Solid Color

TAPPSRV.EXE is a Toshiba Notebook applet and is perfectly safe.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

If it turns out you do have a malware problem, I`ll move this thread to our security forum.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-virus-screen-changes-to-a-solid-color.90163/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, about a year ago my dad purchase a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 for my new motherboard (EliteGroup 755-A2), but for some reason, the color on my cpu is not quite as bright as it should be? When I installed the graphics card it used too brighten up to the real color it should for like 5 seconds then go back to the dull color it is now, after a while it stop doing it. I just need to know if this happen to anyone and need this problem solve please.

A:GeForce FX 5200 Color Problems

I really need some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx-5200-color-problems.95943/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have four 184 pin-DIMM sockets
Supports Dual Channel DDR 400 ECC/non-ECC un-buffered memory
Suppports up to 4GB RAM
Existing Memory is OCZ DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Value Series / Dual Channel .

New memory is Micron/Crucial 1GB PC2700UNBUFF PBF /333Mhz

This would make a total of 3GB and totally populate the MBD with 4 sticks.

I spent$70 (if I get the rebates) for the new 2GB of memory.

Questions:
1. Do I keep the faster 400MHz 1GB memory in Bank A
2. Do I need all 400MHz memory? (I can return the new stuff)
3. Can I overclock any of this if it is better matched?

Any comments appreciated. This is a noobe post. (My first post.)

MY motherboard is ABIT KN8 SLI(NF-CK804) Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ 2200MHz

THANKS ALL!

A:Pairing memory size&speed across my 2x2 banks

You should never ever mix different speeds of ram unless you like dealing with bsod's and instability issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pairing-memory-size-speed-across-my-2x2-banks.94680/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, i went into bios today and saw that my AGP Aperture size was 64mb i set it to 256mb (the only other choice) is this as better choice for me? Or should i set it back?

I have a radeon x800xl 256mb agp (4x agp 2.0 mobo)
1gb of rdram (pc800)

I use my computer for mostly gaming.

A:AGP Aperture size?

Leave it at 256...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-aperture-size.93026/
Relevancy 25.37%

HI All Quick question for any web designers out there design vs dreamweaver text editor Web Just wondering what you all use for coding Me and my friend are just starting a little web design business but we argue over coding methods I am used to using alleycode on Windows and now Ive started to use linux I use screem on there - when I first began designing websites I got pointed away from word hehehe and was told to use something more like a text editor because it means you can make really clean code and have everything validated and that most WYSIWYG programs tend to add alot of extra code and go about Web design dreamweaver vs text editor things the wrong way My friend uses dreamweaver and whilst it doesnt code as bad as i had been told it does tend to make heavy work of simple designs Imjust wondering what everyone else uses wheather you can make really good pages with a text-editor and whether you can make W C complient clean pages with dreamweaver nbsp

A:Web design dreamweaver vs text editor

First, Techspot is not focused on coding techniques and you will get a bigger
population (and thus more replies) on some other boards.

However, your question is great as it says you're trying to plan ahead and start
off right. I'll give you my take, but understand, I am a purist and disdain GUI tools.
I what to know what is written so that I can change it if I desire to.
IF you use a TEXT editor, every line is yours and there's no surprises.
The really bad part of a GUI tool, imo, is that if you need to make a change,
you tweek the PRESENTATION, not the code. Sure it's what you want, but compare
the new file to the old -- massive changes result and finding exactly
that line that implements what you wanted is usually impossible.

Another issue with web page generation (as apposed to manual editing) is the
bloat and cruff that they generate. If you've ever see a Word.rtf file (in a text editor)
you'll understand immediately -- tons of stuff that is just not obvious
and sometimes it's not even references (ie: used).

Then too, the HTML,SCRIPTS, and CSS are just merged into one file --
not very effecient and makes the maintenance just that more difficult.
Lots of web designers don't realize that placing each resoruce in its own file
and using the appropriate < script scr="..." > </ script> or
< link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="xxx" href="pagestyle.css" />
is a performance as well as a maintenance issue; the browser can be loading
multiple resources at the same time.

Lastly, I'm also a minimalist; less is more. Flash creates great presentations,
but also greatly slowdown the user waiting for all that stuff to load -- ONLY
to be bypassed if the user clicks SKIP THIS INTRO.

The web is about INFORMATION CONTENT; the cute presentations are just eye candy. No customer ever purchases your eye candy.

btw: You should get some kind of Change Management Software to manage
versioning your pages. google for CVS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-design-dreamweaver-vs-text-editor.92114/
Relevancy 25.8%

Seagate came out with a 500gb hdd that has a 32mb cache. How important is cache size? Will it make much of a difference in speed? Would it be more important to have the 32mb cache size on my os hdd or as my video, pics etc. hard drives? Please let me know what you understand about cache size on hdd because I don't for sure.

A:Hard drive cache size question?

Generally, the more cache, the faster your programs loads.

The more cache, the more expensive it gets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-cache-size-question.91449/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a new 80Gb USb drive, but the computer only says it's about 76.53 Gb, where's the remaining 3+ Gb?

A:Actual size of USB drive not displayed

It is the way the drives are labeled. Hard drive manufacturers use 1000 bytes for a megabyte and windows sees it as 1024 per megabyte. Its just how it is these days. Any 80gb hard drive you buy will be 76gb when you put it into an operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/actual-size-of-usb-drive-not-displayed.91290/
Relevancy 26.66%

Just been having a look in my bios. I noticed 2 intresting sounding settings and wondered exactly what they did.

A: graphics win size, Options for 2 mb, 4mb, 128mb, 256 mb.

And.......

B: Vga boot from. Options , auto, external agp, external pci.

I have a 256 mb AGP graphics card, how should i set these?

A:Graphics win size?

OK
A: this sets the amount of memory you allocate to video from the on board RAM. As you have not posted your system spec (please do it now!) and you have an AGP graphics card it is not important.
B: VGA boot - not critical but set it to auto and the let the system get on with it. You could try the external AGP and test if you get a marginally faster boot from it. It will be milliseconds different!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-win-size.88264/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello This is related to my earlier post when I was trying to have Win HDD Win with Full XP-sp2 recognized when size 160GB not formatting of k recognize the full capacity of a GB ATA HDD The OS has since been changed and a SATA HDD is added as follows OS gt Win XP SP MoBo gt ASUS A N X-E Socket A purchased I have just flashed the BIOS installing the latest Primary SATA HDD where OS is installed gt Hitachi DeskStar K GB Storage ATA HDD gt Maxtor GB connected to MoBo via Promise Ultra Tx PCI controller card Maxtor has shown having a problem with the recognition of its full GB capacity under a different set up This happened while reformatting the HDD from clean install when there was an unintended power shut down This may have caused MBR corruption My current system is up amp running with no problems except when I tried to format the Maxtor using Win XP disk management this HDD has appeared as having a total size of GB only This has been a very frustrating experience Any help is very much appreciated Thank you SR nbsp

A:Full size of 160GB HDD not recognized when formatting with Win XP-sp2

127 GBs is a lot anyway, isn't it......?

Just kidding, don't get all bent.

48 bit logical block addressing (48 bit LBA) must be implemented before the computer will recognize the full capacity of the drive. You could check with the board mfgs' website to see if the board & BIOS you have is capable of supporting it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/full-size-of-160gb-hdd-not-recognized-when-formatting-with-win-xp-sp2.87443/
Relevancy 26.23%

Soon im gunna be getting my quad core and i want to get the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835109140&Tpk=Thermalright%2bUltra-120%2beXtreme
to cool it. Now i have an antec 900 case with a P5N-e sli motherboard. I was doing some re-search and trying to figure out if the p5n-e sli has Enough room to house this cooler, BECause it is very big. DOES ANYBODY HERE have a p5n-e sli with this cooler on it ?? or do you know anyone that does??? just need to know if it will work. this is urgent please help

A:GRRRRR size question!

Why don't you Google all this out? You need to get in touch with the case manufacturer...and the mobo manufacturer. Add it all up. It is a tall cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grrrrr-size-question.87047/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm going to buy one seperately for a PC I'm putting together. What is a good size? I was thinking 22 inches. Any good reccomendations on a good one at a decent price?

A:What size monitor do you have?

19 inches on up... provided you have the real estate to set it up on your desk.
A high quality 19 inch is a much wiser choice than a 24 inch with low resolution, bad inverter, poor adjustability, angles of view, low contrast, low reliability and early failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-monitor-do-you-have.86941/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have X73 new no cartridge with Lexmark color searched Google and all over for solutions to getting the color to print on my X printer using a new Lexmark color cartridge but no one seems to know This is a new cartridge so the ink flows -- I double Lexmark X73 no color with new cartridge checked with a cleaning wipe The black cartridge works just fine I upgraded the driver from Lexmark this week but saw no changes in software appearance or printing The control program version is Lexmark non-LCS I have Windows XP Home you do get the unsigned driver warning when installing the printer I ve had this printer for - years -- at one time the color not printing was due to the drying-up and clogging so I bought a refillable one with injections for color That worked for some time until that clogged up too I can understand clogging drying problems if the cartridge sat aorund for months unused -- but the one I bought recently is new from Walmart - right off the silver wrapper I did remove the protective tape and it does nt work This got to be a code version issue or a hardware malfuntion Are there any Lexmark X diagnostic tools to see if the PC communicates with the color cartridge etc nbsp

A:Lexmark X73 no color with new cartridge

Why can't it be a faulty printer cart? Would not be the first time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-x73-no-color-with-new-cartridge.84843/
Relevancy 26.23%

My Maxtor 250gb SATA HDD is not being recognised at its true size

When i come to intall my OS it says it is only about 130gb. Once instaled operating system and on windows it still appears the same size. Formating does not appear to cure this problem.

I relise that most HDDs dont actualy appear to be at their marketed size - i would be happy with 230gb but not 130gb.

Whats up?

im sure i saw a fix for this somewhere i just cant remember where it was.

Thanx for any help

A:SATA HDD not being recognised at actual size

Hi Goldengypsy and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Isnt this something to do with having to have SP2 installed in XP so that the drive is recognised as the correct size.?

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-hdd-not-being-recognised-at-actual-size.82725/
Relevancy 26.23%

I really need to get one of my files from my computer to another computer in a different house. It's an .mdf file and it's only 4.06 GB. So I tried to burn it onto a DVD, but it only reads as 72 MB. I also used xdrive.com and tried to upload it onto there temporarily, but it still is being read as 72 MB. What's the problem?

A:Wrong File Size problems

Create a File Folder with the "New" command.
Then drag the .mdf file into it.
Then right click on the folder, then scroll down to the bottom of that folder, and click on properties.
Regardless of whether it is 72 mb or 4.06 GB, select the folder add it to the copy list.
Now copy it as normal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-file-size-problems.82470/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am trying to set up a 400 gb seagate hard drive on presario 1710nx desktop. Bios does show the true size but XP reads it as 131 gb...any suggestions?

thanks

A:XP doesnt read entire HD size

Hi, wich xp you try to install??? SP1, try it whit SP2... should show the reale size of HDD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-doesnt-read-entire-hd-size.82041/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi i have an HP pavilion dv2000 laptop with a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family shared video card.
the laptop came with windows vista loaded in it. but i changed it to windows xp pro sp2.
the problem is that i know the size of the memory is 128MB and when i check on bios it says shared video memory up to 128MB. but when i check the graphic card proprietes it shows only 32MB
is there any way i can increase it back to 128MB? knowing that there is no option in my bios that can change it( 100% sure).
here is things that i already tried:
unistalling the driver and installing the newest version
playing around the configuration but no results.
here is some pictures from my pc attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-adjust-shared-video-memory-size-on-mobile-intel-r-945gm-express-chipset-famil.81342/