Windows Support Forum

How to set font, font size and text color

Q: How to set font, font size and text color

Would someone please tell me how to permanently set the font, size of font and font color in MS 2010 Outlook so that I don't have to set it everytime I type an email.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to set font, font size and text color

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to set font, font size and text color

Quote: Originally Posted by C32C3

Would someone please tell me how to permanently set the font, size of font and font color in MS 2010 Outlook so that I don't have to set it everytime I type an email.

I don't use Outlook anymore, so I can't give you step by step instructions..

Have a look at this tutorial :
Change Default Email Font Settings & Theme In Outlook 2010

***Adding : The website opens slowly, please give it a few extra seconds.
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi there, 
I have recently updated my Mac to the newer Microsoft 2016 and every time I hit the tab button to indent the format of the font, font size, and color change instead of indenting my paper. 
Please help this is a very annoying issue.

Relevancy 110.94%

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I kept the same desktop, but the text under the icons which used to be white turned black, which makes it hard to read on the dark background. If I point the mouse at the icon, then a white square appears behind icon and text. But I'd like the text ALWAYS to be white, in which case I don't need those white squares.

Also. as I am typing this, I find the font hard to read; I'd like to change it to Arial or similar font, and a bit bigger.

Thank you.
Relevancy 110.51%

I didn't have a clue where to put this, so please bear with me.
When using Firefox and maybe even in IE, I've observed that
many fonts are a light grey color making it very hard to read.

I have gone into the tools of Firefox and unchecked the
"allow pages to choose their own colors" and that does
give black fonts, but at the cost of losing other colors
on a web page.

How can I get rid of these light grey colored fonts and use
black fonts when on the internet while still maintaining colors ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:How to change font color and size in FF using W7 ?

Hello n2gc,

For FireFox, you might want to read this tutorial from their official forum.
For Internet Explorer, I think that the second tab on this tutorial will do the trick
Good luck and keep us posted,
Relevancy 109.22%

Windows 10.

I am having much fun grappling with my displays. I say grapple because I CANNOT see the text!

I have a laptop, with a display that has up to 2048x resolution and an external monitor that does 1920x. I have tried to keep both set the same resolution so the mouse will easily go back and fort.

If I bump one setting, others seem to change. Like after an update too!

I need a script, to set, then set again, and again, the
display settings,
the custom scaling level, and
the "change only text size".

Keeping the monitor placement geometry the same would be great for me too.

Oh for a cross reference on Outlook 2013 to the system setting. I keep manipulating the view settings there too.

Probably to get started I could use a "settings display" script.

Help, please
Relevancy 109.22%

I am having real trouble with trying to get it so I am not straining, or squinting my eyes on my new w7. It is not a new screen. I have concluded that I have very sensitive eyes to resolution as my old computer was set on a low resolution and I had no problem with vision.
Now it is at 1280x1024 and I have played with the font sizes etc and tried lowering the brightness etc, and I still am having eye troubles. I can't use a laptop or watch 3D movies for very long as I get that same eye problem.
Also, no matter what I do, the welcome page with the user acct icons are so small! I am sure missing the look of xp now. I never had to do anything for it.
Oh and it is a Dell 17" lcd couple of years old if that makes any difference.

Relevancy 108.36%

How can I change tooltip text without using something like WSB (Windows Style Builder)? I have looked at Shellstyle.dll but cannot pick out the right setting.

A:How to change tooltip text font and color

Hello Rdwray,

You can change the font and more for the ToolTip item in Advanced Appearance Settings.

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 108.36%

i am new to this forum tbh its my first post ever on any forum but i have been a great supporter of you all stylers like Mr Grim panda X and am u guys give so much to us so FIRST of all i wanna thank you all whole heartedly for all ur work and dedication u all put Now Coming back to the topic i have self customized and used win win themes without any issues i love making dark themes though i havent published any because they arent as awesome as yours P But Anyways i have come back to win themes and i am stuck with ONE BIG yet small PROBLEM whose solution i have searched across the internet and was unsucessful to find The drop down menu text of Address bar in Win of my theme is BLACK What i saw in the comments and replies of people that it cant be changed but i have used few visual styles and they have white texts over black background so how do they do that please HELP ME WITH THIS GUYS i have searched almost everywhere and for almost - months it would be a great help to me my friend SECONDLY same goes with the search box dropdown where Search FONT Bar and Address Please] TEXT [Help COLOR the texts disabled text i e our previos searched keywords inthe dropdown menu are also black on black background KINDLY SUGGEST AND HELP ME A WAY OUT GOD BLESS YOU AND THANKS [Help Please] TEXT FONT COLOR Address Bar and Search IN ADVANCE
Relevancy 107.93%

I have an HP4200 printer. I received an Outlook 2000 message with blue, black and grey fonts. When I see it on the screen, it looks fine, but when I print it, the grey and blue fonts print so tiny it looks like a straight line. I tried to print to an HP5Si, and it printed the same. When I forwarded it to someone with an HP4250 printer, it printed OK. It's not feasible to print to that other printer (it's in another building). Any ideas?

Relevancy 107.93%

On two laptops, one has horizontal width of 12.25" screen with resolution 1366x768; the other has horizontal width of 15.125" screen with resolution 1900x1080.

So 12.25" screen pixel width is 12.25/1366; 15.125" screen pixel width is 15.125/1900. Pixel width difference is about 12.7%.

On IE 8/9, majority of texts on 12.25" screen have font size 11 while same texts on 15.125" screen have font size 8 or smaller (font style appears to be Arial). The font size difference now is about 37.5%. Why is that?

The Page Zoom setting is 100% and Page Text Size is Medium on both systems.

A:IE 8/9 text font size diff too much

I am sorry but is there a question?
Relevancy 107.07%

Every time I begin a new message, the same font and size come on, unbidden. I do see how to reset them every time, but how can I can I reset them so that my own choices appear automatically?

A:In Windows Live Mail, how do I reset the default font and font size?

Go to tools>options>compose tab.
Relevancy 107.07%

The title says is all.
I'm sure there must be a way to do this.

Right now the color (white) blends in way too much with everything else on the page, so that it is very difficult to even see the category titles.

A:How to change color/font/size of metro category titles?

Some customization can be done from here
Start Screen Layout - Specify Default in Windows 8.1
Start Screen - Set Default Background Image in Windows 8.1
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi, just swiched to windows7 loving it soo far but just 1 tiny thing is bit annoying,

atm i have just a crap 17" (not WS) TFT, and win7 only displays it properly on its native res, 1280x1024 now this makes everything way too small, so DPI change to %125 fixed that, and made internet explorer look fine too, however other applications like.. mirc, ftp clients etc all just appear to be way to small, i can increase font size in these apps but it looks awfull!
is there anyway to change zoom or size or something in these apps without editing the font size? if not plz recommend me a good size of TFT that is widescreen and displays all things perfectly

A:possible to customize text/size font of apps?

Quote: Originally Posted by Brattmfc

atm i have just a crap 17" (not WS) TFT, and win7 only displays it properly on its native res, 1280x1024 now this makes everything way too small ..... plz recommend me a good size of TFT that is widescreen and displays all things perfectly

How much money is available for a monitor upgrade?
Relevancy 106.64%

If I may post a query for help with a very similar problem ....
Vista - Ease of Access:

Tried to help a visually impaired friend by showing her (on my laptop, unfortunately ..) how it's possible to increase text and font size through 'DPI' variation.

Which we did successfully ..... but now, frustratingly, can't get back to my own original settings. I've changed them on the screen and restarted (several times now) but nothing happens.

Is it me? Is it irreversible without major surgery .... or am I just missing something.

Thank you Tech Guys ....

Dave Cordingley.

A:how it's possible to increase text and font size through 'DPI' variation.

I have moved your post into a thread of its own - it gets very confusing to have two different posters question in the same thread

Relevancy 106.64%

I would like to know how I can change the desktop text size, and font type from a fresh reload of XP Pro?

I assume that any text size change would also go to IE, as the text size is the same on my desktop as it is while using IE.

Does anyone know what the default settings are for text size, and name of font type for XP Pro?

A:How To Change Text Size And Font Type For Xp Pro

I believe that is in Appearences in the Display Properties. Right click on your desktop and select Properties at the bottom of the drop down box.
Relevancy 106.64%

How do I change the font type and size for plain text messages in Live Mail?

A:Set default font and size foe text email

I'm not using Live Mail,but I googled I got this,maybe will helps you
Change the font size in Windows Live Mail email program
Relevancy 106.64%

I can change the font size of everything except the window text (see screenshot), i.e. the size of 'themes', 'desktop', 'windows and buttons', etc.

Under Advanced, there seems to be no option to change the font size of window text. Is there a way to do this?

Relevancy 106.64%

Hi there first post for me I have a Mac book with boot camp installed on it It size problem Windows / font text xp hasn amp t given me any problems up until today I turned it on and loaded up Simply Accounting I noticed that the program window fonts were too small I thought this had to be a simply accounting problem as i didn amp t notice anything odd with my other Windows font in windows explorer After doing some exploring i found that it was not only Simply Accounting but other windows programs were affected as well I looked in the typical windows appearance settings and saw that all was untouched I amp m stumped Here are a couple pics i took with my camera They aren amp t that great but my print screen function doesn amp t work because i am using boot camp and it doesn amp t have this function mapped yet I am in the process of upgrading I have opened Filemon and Simply Accounting so you can see the font size is ridiculously small The fonts and work area look like they Windows xp font / text size problem are squished very strange Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Windows xp font / text size problem

This might help. At the bottom righthand side just above the clock there's a + sign. Hover over this and it should say change zoom level. Just adjust to 100%.
Hope this helps, let us know.
Relevancy 106.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3895 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 944709 MB, Free - 895464 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 033FF6
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Every time I boot up my computer I never know what size the Font and Icons on the desktop is going to be.. It maybe tiny and barely readable or huge giant text and icons. The only thing that I can do is restart the computer until a suitable text size comes up ( often multiple times). My resolution is 1920 X 1080. My current text is set at 150%. What can I do to stable my computer in terms of the font size??

Thanks in advance TR

Relevancy 106.64%

I let my dad use my laptop for the week as I was away at a Christian singing camp, and when I came back, he told me he accidentally pressed some button that caused the text on google searches to be abnormally large and the text on other websites i.e. to be too small, and well I notice this as well, but it's only on firefox. I suffer no such issues on other browsers, nor does it affect my computer, so I consider this isolated to just firefox itself, and I was wondering how I would go about fixing this.

All my dad said was he accidentally pressed a key on my keyboard and it messed it all up. He doesn't know enough about computers to know what he could've pressed.

A:[SOLVED] Text font size problems

Tools>Options>Content. Check on the font settings there as well as under the Advanced button. You may need to play around a bit.
Relevancy 106.21%

Hello, Some application or something has changed my internet explorer 6 fonts. Now all of my web pages have some lame dull font for the text. Right now my settings are

Encoding: Auto Select / Western European (ISO)

Language Script: Latin based

Web Page Font: New Times Roman

Plain Text Font: Courier New

Im just looking to have and use the default font, ....I see with win xp for ie6 "out the box" so to speak, on 99% of any computers i have ever seen.

Thanks for any tips.

A:Default Font for Internet explorer 6? Help to restore original text font

I believe those are the stock fonts for IE6. Have you tried changing them using Tools/Options/Fonts settings?
Relevancy 105.35%

I use many different font in my line of work and need the font in the selection drop-down box to be larger. Is there way to change the default size of the listed fonts?
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello All,

Recently the text on all my windows title bars is messed up. It doesn't show the name of the window, it shows a bunch of dashed lines as follows:

I went to Personalization->Display and I when I try to change the title bar text the menu is empty:

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thank you,

A:Title Bar Text Messed Up - Can't Change Font Size

You could try sfc & dism & sfc again.

You could right click this .bat file after downloading it & run as administrator---

It will run them for you.
You can leave it run in the background.
It might take 2 or 3 hours to finish.
Relevancy 104.49%

I am trying to help friend out that just migrated from Outlook Express on Windows XP to Windows Live Mail on Windows Home Premium x She has trouble reading the from and subject lines after the client marks them as read I am aware of how to change the default font settings for the compose window and it is easy to make the text bigger in the reading pane but I haven't had much luck finding any suggestions on how to adjust the size or color of the text in the message list I have already done a few things to make things easier I have decreased the resolution which makes the text a little bigger I have set the DPI setting to I also went in the Windows Color and Appearance Settings in the the control panel and increased the default font size for menus message boxes and title bar to hoping those settings might affect the fonts in WLM but no luck I can drop the resolution a little more Live message size for Windows Changing list on font Mail and color it is Changing font size and color for message list on Windows Live Mail currently at x on a monitor with a native x resolution but I am worried that if I drop the resolution too much lower that I may create more problems than I solve Are there are any other settings I am missing that would help Short of using the screen magnifier or dropping the resolution further I am not sure what else I can do to make Windows Live Mail easier to read The only other alternative I can is to find another mail client where I can adjust that font to be significantly larger I could do that but that is something I am trying to avoid since this person seems reluctant to learn anything new

A:Changing font size and color for message list on Windows Live Mail

Hello and welcome KAugsburger mate in WLM go to > File > Options > Mail > Read > Fonts see pics I don't know if this will work as I have never tried but worth a go.

PS Forgot to add just try the different options in there for fonts and sizes
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi there
Any "tinkerers" or customisation gurus out there.

On a laptop even with a decent size screen is there any way to increase the font size of text of applications installed via "classic windows install" such as Office / photoshop etc. (Not Metro apps).

On those smaller but absolutely stunning "Ultrabooks" the text becomes quite hard to read too - if you increase the font size "globally" in windows then you have problems with some screens not fitting properly - so I just want to increase the text within the tiles.

enc magnified screenshot of a typical tile -- even here the text is relatively small .

Anybody out there !!

A:Anybody - increase font size of text in tiles of std apps office etc

These are the keys you have to play with
(HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

But you need a little Binary knowledge for them, or use something like registry workshop to do it for you. You can import those keys from Windows 7. I absolve myself from blame, should anything go wrong - lol.
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi All,

Though this is actually a Firefox related question, I post it here because it's concerned with code examples that are posted here.
I use Mozilla Firefox for browsing TSG and everything. The problem is that when I open a thread for viewing, the code examples are in much smaller fonts than untagged texts. See the attached screenshot. On the other hand, when I open a thread for posting a reply, all font is normal size. Can anyone tell me what is the root of the problem? What do I need to do to view code examples in their intended font size?

Relevancy 103.2%

Win 7/64. Whenever I read an incoming e-mail, the font size I see is the size shown in the font size window.
However, when I try to compose, forward or reply/reply all, the font that shows up on the screen is so tiny that it barely readable. When I'm replying, even the original e-mail text is tiny. This just started happening the last couple of days.
Any idea of how to fix it??

P.S. Even though my messages go out with tiny text, when I send one to myself, I receive it with normal size text, and nobody I send to has complained that they're getting tiny text.
Relevancy 99.76%

Can anyone help I am on vista using word 2007.

My problem is that when I try to increase my font size from 12pt to 72pt it goes really small that I can barely see it on screen. It does this with every size 12pt to 14pt gets a little smaller and so on.

Does any know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 92.88%

Hey guys,
So I'm wondering If I could get help with getting a font to be used in the system. The font I want to use is this:
(traditional) AR Tianniu B5 - Free Chinese Font - Free Chinese Font

However the font name is in Chinese:
called '最新版心形中文甜妞体智能机专用科'

I'm trying to use this font as a system font on my English Home Premium Windows 7 64-bit.

I've tried changing the fonts the normal way via the 'change window colors and metrice' way in the control panel. However, the font I installed doesn't appear as an option because the font name is in chinese?
I tried to change the font name to English, however it makes the font invalid.
Any help?
Relevancy 90.3%

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the font/background colors on the Windows 7 log screen. I just accepted a position with a school and a few computers have customized log screen font colors/backgrounds. The Windows 7 classic background is there, but the username and password boxes have been changed. For example, one computer has green text that sits on a black background for both username and password. Another has a different combination of colors. I've searched related topics but am having trouble finding a good, clear cut solution. I basically just want to reset the log screen back to the default white background with black text for each box.

Anyone advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

A:Windows 7 Log Screen Font Color/Background Color

Hello, try this below

Logon Screen - Change Text Color in Windows

Also, make sure you don't have your settings set to high contrast black/green theme
Theme - Change or Save

To change logon background
Log On Screen - Change
Relevancy 87.29%

I have finally decided to put my screen settings to 1024-768 or what ever that one is lol .. but my only problem now is the font size.. for example up top of this page where it says file,edit, view really small and same as the name thats down on my bar at the bottom of my screen where my open windows are they are really small and I want to make them bigger how do I do that? also .. my quick launch icons are super small can I make them bigger? I made the ones on my desktop bigger but can't figure out how to make the quick launch ones bigger.. can anyone help me please.. Ty.

Relevancy 86.43%

I have windowblinds on xp. I want to change the color of my fonts on my desktop. They are white. I've tried to change it on the appearance tab but to no avail. With or without windowblinds, I can't change it. I want to change the fonts to black or some other color. Thanks in advance.
Relevancy 86.43%

i saved few files in my documents.Initially the file name's font colors are in black in color.After few days those colors are changed to blue.Why like that?How can i change back to black color?please help me

A:font color

Looks like the file is compressed.

Try uncompressing it by doing the following:
Right click the file in question
Click Properties
At the bottom, where it say "Attributes", click "advanced"
Uncheck the box that says "Compress contents to save disk space"
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm not sure what has happened but I went to create a system restore point earlier today only to find that the box where you type the description has shrunk down to an unreadable size as you can see below

Other programs don't seem to be affected, ie when naming/renaming files or installing programs into custom locations font size is normal. I don't know if it is only system restore that has this problem but it's the only program i've come across that is suffering.

Any ideas what has gone wrong or more importantly how to resize the type box so I can at least see what i'm typing?

Running win XP pro/SP3

Any help gratefully received

A:Font size has shrunk to unreadable size

rIGHT CLICK ON A OPEN SPACE ON YOUR WIndows screen> click properties> apperance> font size
Relevancy 85.14%

I've had this problem for awhile now, and no one seems to know how to help. When I click on the "A" in the toolbar in my email to change the font color, the drop down color palette doesn't open.

I've emailed MSN about it, and they've told me on different occasions to uninstall and reinstall MSN8, turn up the contrast, hit CTRL+SHIFT+F9 on the welcome screen to delete all my mail and the address book, and to delete my account and add it again.

I've tried everything except for deleting my account because that scares me. I thought I'd post my problem to see if anyone has had this happen and might know how to fix it.

BTW, everything else in the toolbar works. Thanks.

Relevancy 85.14%

i have a pc running windows xp professional and running ie 6.0.2900.2180. when i go to a website, just the text appears with no color. everything is in the right place, but there is no color around anything. i would appreciate any help!

A:Ie Font And Color Problem

Hi dpawlaczyk
No colors or no images?
If it's a color only issue open IE.
Click Tools>Internet Options. On the "General" Tab, click the "Colors" button.
Make sure there is a check in "Use Windows Colors".
On the same tab, click the "Accessbilities" button.
Make sure there are no checks in any of the options there. Ok out.
If it's images you can't see, different story.
Relevancy 85.14%

The fonts under my desktop icons are hard to read. How can I change he color to black and also to a diferent font?

A:Desktop font color

right click on taskbar and follow the customize areas.
Attachment 132812
Relevancy 85.14%

Can someone tell me why my menu font is blue? It is supposed to be white. If I change it to pink or purple it looks fine but as soon as I change it to white or gray it just goes blue.

Nevermind. Figured it out. Duh, it's monday what can I say.
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a black taskbar with dark gray basically can't see anything at all... not real familiar with changing settings, how do I change this? Thanks.

A:Taskbar font color

Same problem here. Can't read anything from the taskbar!

I didn't have time to try AeroGlass yet... it xcould solve this problem. But why isn't it possible on W10???

Originally Posted by dalchina

The whitetext in the title bar is achieved by using a tweak tool from AeroGlass's site, and I use Aeroglass (set a bit too opaque to be clear in that).

Relevancy 85.14%

yeah,my ie display the word in a blue color.It should be black color default,i can't change it back.
I found that a file named in c:/windows/fonts/directory ,but i can't delete it using my antivirus software.
Any brother got good ideas?

A:help! FONT COLOR problem

Read: FYI... post just above your post!
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello everyone new here.

I want to ask a question, do anyone know how to change the font color in the toolsbar

for example i download this theme today and i wish to change the red font for a black one but i dont know how or is if possible to change it

if anyone can helpme i would appreciate very much, or if there is a theme like that one but with other font color

Thanks, and sorry for my english

A:Change font color

It is not quiet clear from the pic, coz it's just a thumbnail
But as far as I know, it is Ave's Windows7 Style Builder that changes the theme elements like color, font, texture, sounds, etc
Relevancy 85.14%

The font color in e-mail replies or new mail is red. Even though I can change it in Format>Fonts the color always reverts to red. How do I change what seems to be a default color.

A:stuck font color

It's a little hard to even offer a guess when you have not told us what email program you are using - there are dozens out there, after all.
Relevancy 85.14%

i don't know what happened but whenever i try to rename or make a folder in my c: the font color of name is blue. but in all other drives or user folder there is no can i change it?

A:cannot change font color

hello ajan & welcome....
See if Brink's tutorial helps you out... good luck...

Fonts - Change Default
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello XP Pro general question For a couple years I ve had ComicSans as my chosen Font style Not in any particular program but rather every window file amp folder title possible on this particular quot Limited quot User Screen Problem for some unknown reason this font setting choice recently reverted back to XP Pro s default font Ariel I ve looked high amp low amp can t recall how I originally accessed this setting Microsoft s HELP say s quot To change the font On the Options menu click Font In the Font dialoge box click the options you want quot I guess I have to live with the frustration of quot NO RESULTS FOUND quot in Micrsoft s Help database when queried for quot Options menu quot or quot Font dialoge box quot But since their HELP quot doesn t quot I was hoping someone here could specifically-exactly direct me to this setting s location The only quot Options quot I have under quot Tools quot is quot Folder Options quot which gives me no Font options The ComicSans font I want reinstated still "style" Font NOT challenge- Font "size"... exists in the quot Font quot folder in my Control Panel The only recent change I ve Font "style" challenge- NOT Font "size"... made to my computer was to upgrade to Internet Explorer ---the only other change I ve noticed amp not appreciated since this new IE was installed was IE s hiding removal of my quot History amp Temporary Internet Files quot from my quot Local Settings quot I don t think IE had anything to do with my Font change-- the font change happened Font "style" challenge- NOT Font "size"... several days after the IE install Please direct me to my font STYLE options settings Thank You Chris nbsp

A:Font "style" challenge- NOT Font "size"...

Right-click on your desktop, then go to Properties. On the Appearance tab, click Advanced at the bottom. You can scroll through the available options and make your changes there.
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Guys,

I have a weird problem. I have a user who when she types an email(new or responding) using Outlook 2007, when she hits enter to start typing in the body of the email, the font changes color. The hearder is fine, it's just the body for some reason.

I have checked all the settings and the fonts and color are set the same for new, replying and composing emails.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Relevancy 84.28%

my pc getting ****ed after i install third party themes,
word color problem

this is other drive it's fine

this is bad

i have spend much time in personalize option and window colors but there is nothing in blue font
please help.

A:font color problem in windows 7

Post a link to the theme and I will look at it.

Have you by chance compressed the folders or files in their that will change the text to blue, look at this tutorial Compress a Folder or File - Vista Forums
Relevancy 84.28%

I think I can in a stylesheet I change in font javascript? the and Can color I a m still trying to learn Can I change the font and color in a javascript? that I came across this to put the date on a page lt script language quot JavaScript quot gt lt -- var now new Date var days new Array Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday var months new Array January February March April May June July August September October November December var date now getDate lt quot quot quot quot now getDate function fourdigits number return number lt number number today days now getDay quot quot months now getMonth quot quot date quot quot fourdigits now getYear document write today -- gt lt script gt It seems very simple and basic which would be good to learn from The first thing I tried was to get it in the middle of the page It just stays on the left side Also can I change the font and or color of it Not a big deal just trying to learn about it Thanks Carrie nbsp
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi and thanks for looking. I have a macro that is looking in each (J) row for a value. If there’s a value it will copy that row and put it in a different workbook. Is there a way to skip a row if the font color is red?
Thanks again

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Everyone

I don't think it's too far into Januay to wish you all a Happy New Year. I feel really dumb asking this, but there you are: senility has to set in sometime! I cut and paste a lot, and print out online Xwords which don't give you a chance or a choice to change the font or its000 color.

Suddenly, my pastings are printing in a reddish-brown hue. I haven't messed with anything that I'm aware of, I'm ashamed to say that I can't figure out where or how to change the default back to black. I've been over every inch of settings (R/C on empty spot on desktop) but just can't see it. Or is it hidden away elsewhere? I want my black back LOL Any help would be appreciated. I'm running xp home

Many thanks.

Larry (moreproblems).

A:Solved: Default font color

moreproblems said:

Hello Everyone

I don't think it's too far into Januay to wish you all a Happy New Year. I feel really dumb asking this, but there you are: senility has to set in sometime! I cut and paste a lot, and print out online Xwords which don't give you a chance or a choice to change the font or its000 color.

Suddenly, my pastings are printing in a reddish-brown hue. I haven't messed with anything that I'm aware of, I'm ashamed to say that I can't figure out where or how to change the default back to black. I've been over every inch of settings (R/C on empty spot on desktop) but just can't see it. Or is it hidden away elsewhere? I want my black back LOL Any help would be appreciated. I'm running xp home

Many thanks.

Larry (moreproblems).Click to expand...
If reddish brown is a clue to anything, it's the colour attributed to Visited Sites in Internet Options. Have a look on the General tab and click the Colour button - see if there's anything helpful in there.
Relevancy 84.28%

if this is in the wrong place, please tell me where you put it.
I recently put a fresh copy of Windows 7 pro 64-bit on my puter.
In doing so windows update was not in manual mode. So all the
Nvidia updates were installed. I find navidia very complicated and
What I want to seen (for Example) in the "Control Panel" is an off white
background with black text.
Can Nvidia be completely removed? Or can I remove the last couple of
How can I accomplish this.
Thank you

A:display color and font management

I would ask the Mod to move this to the Customization forum. Their specialty is this type of thing.
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm an Access Newbie.

I have a report for a project status. What I need is an expression to change the font color of an entire row based on a date difference. If the Install Date is less than 12 weeks from today then I need each item in that row to turn orange.

Something like this?

if DateDiff (w,[Install Start Date_Label],Date (),2) then

I'm not sure where to go from here. Once I have the date difference expression right how do I change the font color and where do I place the complete expression?

Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 84.28%

Is there an easy way (not a macro) to show any date that appears on a worksheet that is <Today to appear with Red font color?

A:Solved: Change in font color?

Just set one cell, anywhere, such as A1, as your set date, or even to =TODAY(), to make it automatically adjust.

On the cell you want to change per the date, use "Conditional Formating" on that cell to reflect your choice of font color.
(Command: Format>Conditional Formatting)

Then on that cell that you want to change color. just set the condition to be
"Cell Value Is" "less than" =A1
Relevancy 84.28%

how do change the desktop font(under the icons) color and size in detail

A:desktop font color for winXP

Hi joebob1963, Welcome to TSG !!
Right click the desktop, select properties. Click on appearence tab. In middle open drop down box and scroll to icons.
Relevancy 84.28%

How can I change the font color on menus ?

There is only a men? for resize.

A:Font color change menus how ?

You will need to wait for something like ObjectDock or WindowBlinds for Win8

While I do not recommend a novice (not saying that you are as I have no idea, this is just in general) try using the following, it is up to you.

This will allow you to use custom Visual Styles as they are created. There are not many at the moment and some could (or will most likely) break Windows 8 at this time. They are being developed, but it will be a while before we see more Styles for Win8.

See this Windows 8 Desktop UI - Change Title Text Color? thread for some answers, as well as the many other threads found here Customization - Windows 8 Forums
Relevancy 84.28%

Is it possible to easily change the taskbar's font color (buttons + clock)? I can't believe I can have a solid white background with white fonts on it.

A:Change taskbar's font color?

Rt Clk Desktop
Windows Color
Advanced Appearance Settings
Icons (I think)
Relevancy 84.28%

i was looking for a way changing the task bar font color
because i would like it to be dark on light background

i search the forum and find only a solution for the classic view.

so any new ideas
i dont mind messing with my registry

A:how to change task bar font color

You need to replace system files and find a theme to your liking on a website such as where users upload their creations and themes.

The themes usually tell you the special method to install and replace system files. Head on over there and have a look.

If you want to jump straight in and get your feet wet, check out Sico theme and Soft7 theme. They are popular. They may not be what you want, but you'll be on the right track. You'll then know how to do what you want to do.
Relevancy 84.28%

microsoft word 2010 font color stopped working today. all text is displayed in black regardless of the font color selected. i have been advised to uninstall and then reinstall. however, i am concerned that if i uninstall and then reinstall i will be prevented from doing so because the software will say you had already installed this program. i have a new product key that i microsoft extorted $40.00 from me in order to get it. microsoft said that my original product key was out of warranty and thus i had to buy another one. the point is, i am concerned about uninstalling and then reinstallling because i don't know if i will be allowed to do so in spite of having a new product key only two months old.

A:word 2010 font color

Where did you get this copy of Word that you installed?
Relevancy 84.28%

Is there a way to change the Icon Font to a different color, other than white?
Relevancy 84.28%

How do you change the font color? I can barely see the text with a black window.

A:How do you change the font color in Win8?

Which window is black ?
Relevancy 84.28%

I just installed a new theme on my computer. The background is lighter than previous themes. Contrary to instructions, the Font color remained white, which makes reading the icons difficult. I have performed a search, but I have been unable to find a way to change the font color to black.

A:Change Icon font color

Post a link to the theme you installed and I will look at it.
Where does this white text show up at?
Relevancy 84.28%

White background on everything is atrocious. It is hard on the eyes.

What happened to the color options?

Changing window border color is merely complementary. The main issue is the horrendous state the other 90% of the screen is stuck in.

I demand an explanation for this.

I demand an alternative means of changing this ridiculous UI to something usable.

Windows 10 better be an improved version of 7, because if it wasn't a requirement for developing for windows phone there would be zero reason to install this garbage.

Thanks for helping!

A:Change Window BG and Font Color

Hello Churf, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Other than using some 3rd party skinning program for Windows, you could use a high contrast theme to be able to change the color of the window background and fonts.

Themes - Switch Between in Windows 8

Step 7 here: Window Color and Appearance - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 84.28%

I want to make "EN" white color.

anybody knows a path in windows style builder for that?
Relevancy 84.28%

This may seem like a simple one but. how do you change the font color of the desktop icon text..?

Relevancy 84.28%

For some reason, each time I boot up my computer it automatically changes my Icons font color to black instead of white. I have to manually change back to white each time. So can someone tell me why it is doing this and what I need to do to fix it?

Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop & Acer Aspire 5749 Laptop.
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I had larger font on icons and wording until I installed Adobe 9.1 The icons remain large but the text has reverted to small. I have checked the setting and it is set to the larger font. I then removed Adobe 9.1 I changed it to small, logged off and on again and both icons and text small. I changed it back to large, logged off and on again and the icons are now larger but the text is still small. Help.
Relevancy 84.28%

I went in and changed the font size for my computer and now its to big and i can not get it smaller I tried to go back into display under settings but the box is two big for me to change it and it wont let me move the box up and down how can I get the font back to its original size

A:Font size

jasondunn said:

I went in and changed the font size for my computer and now its to big and i can not get it smaller I tried to go back into display under settings but the box is two big for me to change it and it wont let me move the box up and down how can I get the font back to its original sizeClick to expand...
Relevancy 84.28%

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and am liking some of the added features but cannot change some of the fonts sizes. I have changed the font size in all areas available in the settings area but still need to change font size in other areas of programs but cannot find where to change them Please see attached picture. Thank you.
Relevancy 84.28%

Is there a way to make my font size bigger when I browse example gmail and facebook as i could not do it. They are very small and I tried from the resolution but to no success. any help please? Thanks

A:Font size.

Try holding down the CTRL key and scrolling with the wheel. This is a shortcut to the Zoom function, found in all major browsers.
Relevancy 84.28%

Not all of them just in programs like Ccleaner, SAS , MAM and Revo. Seem like any program that isn't on demand. I went to restore point and got things right again. Can't seem to find a way to change the font size in those kind of programs. Is there a way using Windows 7 Home Premium that one could change the font size in programs I have listed? They all went very small. Those programs don't have a (view) to change font size.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts\Font settings see if clicking restore to default will work.
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm unable to change the font size in Outlook Express. Every time I change it to a highernumber then 12, as soon as start typing , it reverts back to size 12.I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP2, OE 6.Your answers are always highly appreciated.Thank you.(Moderator edit: topic moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

A:Font Size

In OE go to Tools > Options > Compose tab and click the Font settings button.
Relevancy 84.28%

For some reason the fonts are all small on my computer. The name of the desktop items on my desktop, those fonts are all small too. I went to properties and changed the font size to large, and nothing happened, their still small. I even changed the screen resolution on the 'properties', their still small. Here is what I am talking about:

See how small the fonts are? Someone please help me!!!!

Relevancy 84.28%

Running windows 7 home premium.

The other day I was messing around with printer settings trying to enlarge what i was printing. Now my browser experience has taking a turn for the worse. My font seems out of whack from web page to web page. Giant bold headers on some and overlapping links on others. I am constantly having to use CTRL -or+ to adjust it depening on what I am looking at.

Not sure if I accidentally changed a setting that affects my everyday browsing while I was messing with the printer settings.

Any ideas?

A:Font size?

Hello there,

A few questions for you.

1) When you were adjusting printer settings, what were you printing? Something on a website?

2) What browser do you use?

3) Do you have this problem on all browsers are just one?

Orange Blossom
Relevancy 84.28%

When I open my home page (Yahoo), the font size always reverts to "larger".If I set it to " smaller" , it will revert to "larger" when I revisit my home page. I change it at ;VIEW >TEXT SIZE > SMALLER. How do I get it to stay the size I set it at ?

Relevancy 84.28%

How can i increase the text size of my PC for web pages?

There are certain sites I have visited where the text is near impossible to read because it is so small.

Is there anything I can do to change this?

A:Font Size......

You don't tell us what operating system you are using.
But, if it is XP, hold down the "Ctrl" key and rotate the wheel
on your mouse to increase/decrease print size.

Relevancy 84.28%

I am having problems with the font size changing when I open documents and websites. I physically have to go to the toolbox and click on the Zoom feature to enlarge the font. It will show the font as being 100% but actually it looks to be about 50%.

What can I do to assure the font remains at the default setting?

Relevancy 84.28%

I would like to increase the font size on my W7. On everything. I don't want to go here an there to accomplish this but to just change the default font style and its size. My eyesight is getting worse as I get older. The picture you see was taken in 1974 when I was 44.

A:font size

Right click on an empty part of your desktop and choose Screen Resolution. Then on Make Text and other items larger or smaller.
Relevancy 84.28%

Is there a way to set just the font size without windows trying to enlarge everything? In windows xp selecting a bigger font size only affected window's fonts and icons. In windows 7 selecting a bigger font size zooms everything, including other applications like open office and opera that cannot handle it and look blurry. Am i the only one with this problem?

It depends on the application and how they want to react to DPI increases.
There may be options available in the applications to configure that.
Relevancy 84.28%

hey everybody im a new member w/ a new computer(pentium d xps400) about a month old. my font size for internet applications recently grew larger and i dont know why. anyone got anything on this?

Have you tried changing it using View / Text Size?
Relevancy 84.28%

For some strange reason my font size when I access many sights is huge. It's no problem when I'm offline(or on this sight) I also have some Zwax bug found by Spybot(I just can't figure out how to get rid of it). I can usually solve any problem alone or just by reading all you guys answers to others problems. This is just frustrating me to no end.

Hi, darrinlane, and welcome back!

Let's start at the beginning and work our way forward. Follow the instructions below. In the meantime, I will move your thread to HJT Help, so the Analysts will find it faster.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Download CWShredder and run it. Click on 'I Agree' button if you agree with it. Click on 'Fix' (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you) and OK. If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here. Let it finish the scan and then hit Next and Exit.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in 'y' if you agree. The 'result.txt' file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. You don't need to post the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Relevancy 84.28%

When I was trying to make my XP SP3 look like Vista, I changed something for the font.
I used Movefile and a script. When the computer restarted, the font had changed, but is far too big and looks terrible.
I didn't save a system restore point
And I have tried changing the font size in 'Display Settings', then 'Appearance'. And I have tried changing the DPI setting and the 'Display Settings', 'Settings', then 'Advanced'.
Nothing. I really want everything put back to normal. How do I reset the fonts back to the standard XP size and style?
Or if possible, just to reduce the system font size.

I used these instructions:

A:HELP! XP Font Size

heeaar05, You should have set a System Restore point like the instructions stated before you made the change. You could try the reg file fix line 249 (left column) "Set Default XP Font Back to Tahoma" at the link below. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

Can't guarantee that it will fix your problem so it's your call.

Relevancy 84.28%

How do i change the font size for iternet explorer?

From the menu bar, View->Text Size
Relevancy 84.28%

my ie font size is to small how can i increase it

A:ie font size

Right click anywhere on your desktop. Click properties. Select the "Appearance" tab. Font size options appear!!!
Relevancy 84.28%

Is there a font size smaller then font size="1"? I want to make some words a bit smaller then that but I'm not sure how. I tried a "-1" but it still doesn't go smaller then a "1". Thanks.

I think that the only way that you are going to achieve this is by using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), using relative font sizes
Relevancy 84.28%

When i move cursor with Touchpad the font changes size all browsers have to keep using cntrl + & - to adjust.---Any fix?

Mine has shown a bit of a distressing tendency to do that since they added the new touchpad features they're quite proud of, to emulate some of the features of a touch screen. Check your touchpad settings. I don't know how your device is set up, but mine's under Synaptics>Properties>Device Settings> on the Settings button. There may be something you can change or untick under there. There was mention of it in the introductory app, which I seem to have temporarily misplaced, possibly because I can't remember what it was called...

Failing that, report it through the Feedback App.

Edited to add: I do suspect it has to do with the pinch/spread fingers feature to enlarge or shrink picture/text/etc. I'm trying to be more conscious of how I move my fingers on there. If you un-tick some of those features, it may solve the problem.
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello All
How do I increase the font size
when I type?
Thank You

Richard, try\alertbox\20020819.html.

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a new Hp thsat for some reason I had to do a system restore now all my fonts are large .I went to system and changed font size to custom everything is stll big .. Also I had to reset my e-mail and now It won't let me log on to outlook express unless i use a pass word . I wenyt to account and entered my password and x automatically remember but still have to do it. help

What is the screen resolution? Display properties ,settings?
What is the font size under the appearence tab in the display properties?
Relevancy 84.28%

Internet Explorer 8 - How do I increase the size of the text in the address bar
(http//: line)?? I have a WIN 7 Home Premium, 64 bit PC. The text is tiny & I have vision issues. Firefox is great - I can change the font size in the address bar with no problem. But not using Internet Explorer 8, WHY - HELP!!
Thanx, peteandallie

IE doesn't have this feature. The only solution is to change you screen resolution (lower pixels). Negative of this is everything is larger and more stuff goes off the page.
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm using the newest version of Firefox on an XP system. I just installed a widescreen LCD and to me the font size on the tool bars is too small. I know how to change the font size for the web page, that's easy. Is it possible to increase the font size on the tool bars as well. Firefox doesn't seem to have an add-on for this. Thanks for any help.

What size screen did you upgrade to, the bigger screen can make thing look different. Also, what resolution are you running at? If it is different than the last resolution that you had on your other monitor then everything will look different. For a rule the higher the resolution the smaller the icons, and the lower the resolution the the larger the icons, toolbars, etc.

Relevancy 84.28%

When compiling a email in Hotmail/Outlook and I set the font size to 12 say and at the end of a line I don't  place full stop then start a new lower line the font size will change to a much lower size namely 10?
Any ideas please.
for eg
How are you today
tomorrow I am off to

Have you tried changing the default font settings?
Relevancy 84.28%

Why on earth won't my font size on my internet explorer home page stay where I set it on larger? I know how to change it but it won't stay there. After I restart my pc it reverts back to small size. XP Home

Why on earth won't my font size on my internet explorer home page stay where I set it on larger? I know how to change it but it won't stay there. After I restart my pc it reverts back to small size. XP Home Here is a solution if you are using IE 5. If not i would suggest type in at Google your problem. Find just about anything there.;EN-US;q242984
Relevancy 84.28%

Can you please tell me how to increase the size of the words in the yahoo chat rooms? They are normal everywhere else. They are so small i can barley read them. I have tried everything but it remains the same. Even the names on the users list is normal size but very tiny in the chat area.Thank you

Welcome to TSG!!
I found the following information here.

How do I change fonts?
You can change the type and size of the font used for the messages in chat. You'll find these settings under the "Preferences" button above the chat message line.
Click "Preferences," choose the font and size from the two menus, and then click "Save."

Note: The recommended font size for normal vision is between 10 and 14. Click to expand...