Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Q: Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 107.26%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 95.03%

The C drive of my computer recently crashed and I had to import pst files into Outlook from various sources where I have stored it in the past This lead to duplicates numerous pst files and missing emails This is the current state of affairs I have now more than GB of emails The programs I could find on the internet were mostly trial versions that did not help I bought Advanced Outlook Repair which caused more duplicates Basically I want to combine merge the folders get rid of the duplicates and save my archives on a HD and or on DVD s Currently I have Personal folders Outlook folders Archived folders etc So to summarize reduce all the pst folders to only a few current and archives Would there be a possibility to take a group to my pst 2010 organize/combine/merge advice Need Outlook folders how of folders e g archived folders import them into Outlook and then export them again to a quot new quot archived folder I Need advice how to organize/combine/merge my Outlook 2010 pst folders suppose Need advice how to organize/combine/merge my Outlook 2010 pst folders I will need to empty the Need advice how to organize/combine/merge my Outlook 2010 pst folders whole of Outlook perhaps move the source pst folder or is there a free program that would help me with some of the stages Or what commercial programmes are there that what do this but I am not keen to spend more money Thanks for any advice

A:Need advice how to organize/combine/merge my Outlook 2010 pst folders

Hello avz10,

See if this works and let us know if it helps.
Duplicate Remover Tools | Slipstick Systems

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/210122-need-advice-how-organize-combine-merge-my-outlook-2010-pst-folders.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have recently upgraded to Office from and I perform a lot a mail merges I have come Word Outlook Merge Email - & Mail 2010 Issue across a few issues with this Email Mail Merge Issue - Word & Outlook 2010 feature within and wondered Email Mail Merge Issue - Word & Outlook 2010 if anyone has a solution I am obviously running Windows Issue - When performing the mail merge to emails HTML Word doesn t seem to recognise my IMAP email account which is set as default in Outlook it uses one of my other pop email accounts Is there any way to set my IMAP account as the default for mail merging Issue - Once I have completed the email merge I then need to create them as a PDF which in worked fine but the Acrobat addin in Word doesn t do anything I do have Acrobat prof installed as well I have done a little research and can see that this is a problem but I need a solution to fix Otherwise I ll be reduced to uninstalling and re-install Anyone with solutions please let me know nbsp

A:Email Mail Merge Issue - Word & Outlook 2010

Hi welcome to the forum,
Have you tried the macro to save As pdf file of print to the adobe pdf printer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-mail-merge-issue-word-outlook-2010.1021568/
Relevancy 91.16%

Outlook pst folders transfer I m trying to copy my Outlook email personal folders structure as well as content from my Lenovo T s laptop Windows XP Office to a Dell desktop Windows .pst Outlook Transferring personal email folders Office I have two separate sets of files one labelled Archives and the other labelled Personal Folders both of which have multiple subfolders I ve now copied both using a memory stick to the Dell desktop I tried the Import and Export feature and also tried the Open Data File feature The Archive folder gets copied with all the sub-folders but I can only access those if the memory stick is inserted into a USB port even though the Archive folder is saved on the Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders Dell desktop When I do the same thing with the Personal Folders a Merge folder opens but it doesn t have any content I do see the default Personal Folders on Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders the left side of the Outlook screen What should I do Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders Thanks

A:Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders

Did you use the Import/Export function in Outlook 2007?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413422/transferring-outlook-pst-email-personal-folders/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 85.57%

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I am wondering if we can protect a given folder (sent, inbox,..customized folder) in outlook 2010 to avoid an accidental deleting?

I looked in the outlook settings but nothing figures in there!

And idea?

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010: Protect folders or email from deleting

Quote: Originally Posted by sevener

Hi,

I am wondering if we can protect a given folder (sent, inbox,..customized folder) in outlook 2010 to avoid an accidental deleting?

I looked in the outlook settings but nothing figures in there!

And idea?

Thanks

It is hard to " accidentally " delete an e-mail. It takes at least 2 clicks to delete an e-mail.
Even then, you can still retrieve it in Deleted Items folder.
That should be more than enough to safe-guard accidental delete.

Anyway, I don't believe there is such as option that you are asking for. But then, I could be wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169339-outlook-2010-protect-folders-email-deleting.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I had to sign up for a business office 365 account because my outlook.com account no longer supported my domain account.
I don't want to have 2 different accounts but all of my onedrive, one note, devices are under my personal account How do I merge the 2 acounts?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444940-how-do-i-merge-my-personal-business-account-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have 4 folders on the left hand side of outlook. 3 are email addresses and the other is a data file that was made when I exported my data files.

thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504835/how-do-i-combine-3-outlook-email-account-folders-into-one-inbox-deleted-etc/
Relevancy 77.4%

Is there a way to rename my main email from "Personal Folders" to the name I used to create that account. i.e. "[email protected]" is listed in account settings name, not as Personal Folders. (3 other email accounts show the correct account name)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/387235-renaming-personal-folders-ol-2010-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Running Windows 7 machine with Office 2010 Professional. Just discovered that from Word I can send out mass emails (I am the email blaster for our organization) that show up in email as JUST addressed to the recipient without using bcc. Word 2010 BOMBS 75-90% of the time when I click on MAILINGS, Start Mail Merge, Email messages. If I do happen to get past there, when I click on Select Recipients Word bombs, then reboots. Very frustrating since each message I send out must be sent 3 times to get all of our people (more than 50 messages at a time are forbidden by my ISP).

Obviously Word and Outlook are both 2010.

Any fixes or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-word-2010-to-email.1027575/
Relevancy 75.68%

Have just upgraded to Microsoft 2010, where before I could email mail merges from Outlook and choose my sender email address I cant now. Email mail merges have to be created and sent in word but it is defaulting to my pop email address and will not let me choose my imap address? my Imap is set to be the default

A:Email Mail Merge 2010 Problem with IMAP

Do you have the IMAP account showing in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-mail-merge-2010-problem-with-imap.1058645/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using MS-Office 2010 with OS as win 7 professional edition.I have configured my mail id using IMAP in office 2010.My mail server is zimbra which supports both IMAP and POP3.My webmail i.e. ZCS works fine.
Issue on outlook: When i send an email say to id [email protected] with my signature.When he receives an email it has some different signature but mail id and content remains the same.Sometimes subject and content has also got changed.
This type of behaviour is random.Also my collegues are facing this issue sometimes.
Kindly help

A:2 mails merge on outlook 2010

Hi rupash,

I think you have to do some mistake to configure your email accounts properly, So you can try to setup again by help of following steps: Set Up Outlook 2010 for IMAP or POP Access to Your E-Mail Account

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/260916-2-mails-merge-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My situation is that i am using outlook 2010 pst from past one year. I have split the pst files few months back and now left with two separate pst's. But, now due to some reason i need to merge two pst files together?

How can i do that by maintaining the folder hierarchy and filtering the duplicates, is there is any way possible? please let me know!

A:Is there any way i can merge two Outlook 2010 PST File?

I don't use outlook myself, but I found this on the Microsoft site and it looks like it fully answers your question.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...rom-an-outlook-data-file-pst-HA102505743.aspx

It's probably worthwhile making a copy of the two pst files before trying the merge, just in case it doesn't go as planned.

P.S. In future it's better to pick the subforum related to your question, this should perhaps have gone to Web and Email. That way you're more likely to find someone who knows the answer instead of some programmer who's never even used the software you're struggling with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-way-i-can-merge-two-outlook-2010-pst-file.1070667/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have created a new user acct for my roommate I we don't really care much for IE and I'd like to add Google Chrome and FF for her to let her choose her own browser Plus I'd like to add some other apps for her and transfer some of her personal info that she's been storing on new & applications, personal User to Adding Account files/folders my administrative acct i e personal photos and such So like I said the account is set up But when I go to use Chrome it won't open It along with other apps are listed in the list of quot approved quot applications under the parental control list Application Restrictions List But they either don't show up when searched for in her acct or won't open and operate One other example is Faststone Capture And then I've got one application Yahoo quot Unchecked quot and yet there it is in her account AND IT WORKS I do not get it The purpose to setting up an account for her was to only restrict that she couldn't delete or uninstall anything on the computer I don't care obviously within reason what she installs but NO TAKING AWAY lol Here is a screen shot of the restrictions list So here I sit wondering what I did wrong Adding applications, & personal files/folders to new User Account or forgot to do in order for these to work I don't care if Yahoo works or not But her photos being transferred Chrome FF working and Faststone Capture working are a priority for Adding applications, & personal files/folders to new User Account me If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any advice Thanks OHEdit My acct is an Administrator Account The account I am creating for her is just a Standard User Account

A:Adding applications, & personal files/folders to new User Account

Standard User Accounts do not have access to an Administrative Account, most of these programs where installed to C:\Users\Odean\AppData\Local\(App Name), using the Administrative Account.Since Deb dosn't have rights to your account, copy the files from C:\Users\Odean\AppData\Local\ to C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Local\.The App Data folder is hidden by default, but if you where to type in the full path in the address bar it would work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277415/adding-applications-personal-filesfolders-to-new-user-account/
Relevancy 73.53%

Its it possible to use the same inbox and the other folders for two different accounts? Outlook currently makes a new set of folders for each created account. But can it be forced to use only one set of folders for two different accounts? If so how? Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007 Account Merge

You can have any account deliver to any inbox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-account-merge.1007478/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have two email accounts that I want to be able to switch between using outlook so that I can use one for general use and Mail Outlook - 2010 send won't Merge emails another for a mail merge When I run the mail merge Mail Merge won't send emails - Outlook 2010 microsoft word looks like it performs the merge correctly however no emails are sent to outlook I am Mail Merge won't send emails - Outlook 2010 using Word Outlook and Windows The email accounts are gmail accounts POP I was able to mail merge before I set up multiple accounts and I have been able to get multiple accounts to work on separate computers not with the same email address s though Unlike other people s problems sending emails through mail merge I am not able to send any emails out - not plain text nor HTML I have looked online and found a suggestion to run SCANPST EXE and it did not fix my problem I have also read online that this maybe an unknow bug or issue Does anyone know how to fix this problem Maybe there is something with office that my give clues to what may be wrong Any help would be greatly appreciated Mail Merge won't send emails - Outlook 2010 nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-wont-send-emails-outlook-2010.978970/
Relevancy 72.67%

Is it possible to transfer the personal folders and all email from Outlook Express on a Windows 95 system to Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 system?

Thanks,
john0109

Relevancy 72.24%

I have a personal folder with alot of subfolders in it, when I try to move email from one folder to another it does nothing. The hour glass looks like it is moving but in task manager it is not responding. I can move email from my Inbox fine, but when I try from the personal folders nothing happens. I am running an old gateway 4200 P III 650 with 128 mb of ram and using office 2002 on it as well.

A:Unable to move email form personal folders

I have had a similar problem when trying to move too many at once - are you able to move one, several or none at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-move-email-form-personal-folders.344960/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have just setup my Gmail account in my Outlook 2007,
the inbox in the "personal folder" category and the "favorite folder" category is empty,
but the inbox folder in the category "[email protected]" contains my emails.
is there a way to merge or sync the folders?

a screen shot of my folders

Relevancy 72.24%

I cannot gain access to outlook as it won't open without a .pst file so i can not create a new file.

There is no pst file on my destop so I need to somehow create a new one but i can't access my Outlook.

Could anybody send me an .pst file or tell me a solution please, REP will be given.

A:Outlook 2010 Personal File (.pst)

Hiya pal

You can create one by going to your "control panel" and then going to the "mail" option. (see pic)
Have you opened outlook before, because when you installed it and then ran outlook for the first time it created the pst file then.

It's normally kept here C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/93647-outlook-2010-personal-file-pst.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I just 2010 personal folder in Outlook bought a new computer with Win and I installed personal folder in Outlook 2010 Office I also have an older laptop with Win personal folder in Outlook 2010 XP I reformatted the HD then installed Office same CD In the desktop I have quot personal folders quot then all my different email addresses within email protected email protected email protected etc In the laptop with XP there is no personal folder so depending on the email address the mails are sent to I have to look for them I compared both OL everything personal folder in Outlook 2010 is set the same way in both computers just in the laptop the quot personal folder quot is missing and I see no way to add it I looked in MS help and I see there is a quot backup personal folder quot to install with XP but before making any mistake and being in more trouble I would like to ask for help Can anyone help me please I thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I have recently reinstalled MS Outlook 2000 and now there are three copies of the Personal Folder. When I click on those folders I get the following message:

"Unable to display the folder. An unexpected error has ocurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service mspst.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

Can anyone help me with this issue??

A:Ms Outlook Personal Folders

This article is about an older version of Windows, but it might help you: Error Message: The Set of Folders Could Not Be Opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40533/ms-outlook-personal-folders/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just installed MS Outlook on one of my offices users and I imported a second pst file because some emails went through before I copied the old Outlook pst file in Now here is the problem 2 Folders ?? has Personal Outlook There is currently personal folders and Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? when a new email comes in it goes to both personal folders Also when the user clicks on quot new quot and then clicks on the quot to quot button to access his address books he is prompted with an error that one of the contacts list does not exist to remove the folder Then he clicked on quot OK quot to exit the error and the contact list was there I would like to know how to remove the second personal folders Im guessing this is causing the errors correct me if im wrong but I cannot find anywhere to remove that folder Please any help would be highly appreciated Second less important problem When I re-install windows and office I have to keep their old pst files Is there a way I can just put the old pst into the proper place and their accounts will be already activated and the mail will be there Or do I need to re-add the account Im kinda confused on if I need to import the pst or Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? if a simple pasting of the original pst is good enough Thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi When I started up my computer this morning I found ALL + settings emails DISAPPEARED and personal, all browser email account that the desktop personal settings had gone Then I quickly discovered that my browser settings history bookmarks email account settings and all emails etc on both Netscape and IExplorer were ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED also missing MS Outlook had also ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED vanished The keyboard setting changed as well - some special characters are at different places is at shft is at shft etc I have McAfee installed but the firewall only the firewall was switched off for an hour yesterday I have scanned the computer but McAfee hasn t found anything Is it possible I have a virus spyware running regardless of McAfee Can you please help ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED Thanks in advance Below is the HIJACKTHIS LOG ------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Com DMI CDMINIC EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System Hummingbird Connectivity Inetd inetd exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C MSC PATRAN patran r p manager files bin WINNT QueMgr exe C MSC PATRAN patran r p manager files bin WINNT RmtMgr exe C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system rclumad exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINNT system SxgTkBar exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C WINNT system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files WDC SetIcon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C WINNT V Mon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files EPSON EPSON CardMonitor EPSON CardMonitor exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe O - Hosts watt ecs watt ecs eng ox ac uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run Synchr... Read more

A:ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-personal-browser-and-email-account-settings-all-emails-disappeared.720291/
Relevancy 71.38%

This morning an extra Personal Folder appeared in Outlook 2000, I'm not sure why. Two personal folders are listed now, the first one is completely blank. It appears to be an exact duplicate of Outlook 2000 default folders, but nothing is in it.

The next personal folder contains all of my emails, contacts, etc.

At first I thought this was not a big deal, because I can just minimize the first personal folder and ignore it.

However, when I compose an email now my contacts list is empty. Outlook seems to be trying to pull contacts from the first folder list.

My operating system is Windows XP.

How do I fix this without losing any emails or contacts? This is a corporate laptop, so it is imperative that I not lose any data.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 71.38%

Outlook 2000 "Personal Folders"
I have a workstation w/two Personal Folders. When I try to delete the second folder, (Close Personal Folders) it won't let me since there are data in contacts & calendar.
Any workarounds on deleting this second folder.
Sorry too busy to figure..out..really..

A:Outlook 2k double Personal Folders

Yeah you should be able to go to your control panel and under control panel you should see a mail ICON. Double click on your mail ICON. A menu should pop up with the service tab first. There you should see the personal folder. Delete the one you do not need. When you open up outlook again it should not be there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2k-double-personal-folders.45968/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have user who is having email problems She is one of the older employees at this company and therefore uses PST files for her email What appears to be happening Mailbox Outlook Personal Folders and is that when she receives an email it sits in her Mailbox for minutes or more until the user starts messing with Outlook From this point the emails either Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders drop to the Personal Folders or are manually moved The delivery is set to Personal Folders Has anyone else experienced this problem and know of a way to get the emails to move to Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders the personal folders in a more timely fashion as they should I have tried doing a repair on Office and tried altering some of the NIC settings to no avail I don t personally have access to the Exchange server Update Well I think we re just going to change the user to Mailbox and use the personal folders for archival purposes However if you know what the problem is please feel free to post a fix nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-mailbox-and-personal-folders.500231/
Relevancy 71.38%

Yesterday I wanted to shift one personal folder into another and then all the folders disappeared except for one! That folder does not contain the missing files or content.

Using search I can track the individual emails / content and even see the folders but cannot access them when I double click on them!

I am running Vista Small Business with Outlook 2007 all new. I have not imported from previous Outlook but started from scratch if that helps

Any clues on what to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-gone-awol.654693/
Relevancy 71.38%

It seems that, in backing up my Outlook pst files on an external hard disk, I have created and now erased backup files that Outlook keeps looking for. In any case, every time I launch Outlook (2000), I get an error message: the f:\outlook 26 sep 06 backup could not be found, followed by a create/open personal folders menu. I need to click OK for the first and cancel for the second for Outlook to then launch correctly. I've also got three 'extra' 'personal folders' folders in addition to my Outlook Today personal folders. Can someone please provide some guidance about cleaning up this mess, while enabling me to continue backing up my Outlook files on my external drive?
Thanks

Relevancy 71.38%

I have set my mother's account up with GMAIL. When she reads her emails her inbox is showing "Personal Folders". I go into Account Settings and try and set her mailbox as default which it will not allow me to do.

Is there a way to just have her email account setup without "Personal Folders"?

Thanks

A:Getting Rid Of Personal Folders In Outlook 2007

Quote: Originally Posted by sparker781

I have set my mother's account up with GMAIL. When she reads her emails her inbox is showing "Personal Folders". I go into Account Settings and try and set her mailbox as default which it will not allow me to do.

Is there a way to just have her email account setup without "Personal Folders"?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298814-getting-rid-personal-folders-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have just spent the weekend getting my new HP computer set up, including adding Outlook 2003. I copied over from my old PC (just before the power supply burned up), most of my Outlook 2000 personal folders, one of them was called Saved. I imported them into 2003 Outlook, then deleted the Saved folder. Now when I launch Outlook, I get a message: Personal Folders The path specified in the file \\Homehelper\sharedocs\Saved.pst is not valid. Any Hints?

Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1789 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 512001 MB, Free - 393531 MB; D: Total - 441858 MB, Free - 193623 MB; E: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 151804 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-880GM-UD2H
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am useing OFFICE 2010.
I lost all my Outlook personal folders and Contacts. It happened right after installing iCloud.
Please help.
Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-outlook-personal-folders.1091712/
Relevancy 71.38%

When I right click on the personal folders file, and then click on Close "Personal folder", I get an error message - "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Running "outlook.exe /cleanviews" makes no difference. How can I get rid of these personal folders? I am running the corporate version of Outlook 2000 with Windows XP Professional SP2.

Relevancy 70.52%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello EE,

I have a user with a personal folder .pst in Outlook 2010 and suddenly it is prompting for a password and there was never one set so we cannot open.

A:Outlook 2010 with personal folder .pst suddenly asking for password

Sounds like you have a virus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2010-with-personal-folder-pst-suddenly-asking-for-password.213384/
Relevancy 70.52%

Originally in the navigation pane missing Contacts personal Outlook 07 Folders in of my Outlook Contacts I had types of contacts folders one named quot Contacts quot and the other named quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot I entered some different contact information into each of theses Suddenly without me noticing that I did anything in settings or otherwise I lost the quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot from my navigation pane and when I look through only remaining- quot Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing Contacts quot folder on navigation pane Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing I have all contacts I enterred into the quot Contacts quot file but I do not have any of the information -contacts I entered into quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot folder in navigation pane that vanished Also when I was saving I Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing noticed that when I clicked on quot Contacts in personal folders quot in navigation pane the box to enter info Business cards view had on the bottom of it a box checked saying in quot in personal folders quot and the info box of the group under folder named quot Contact quot only screens that is now the only one visible did not have that check-box Now I lost -at least cannot find ton of information contacts I entered into that list Contacts in personal folders I do not understand why it dissapeared also not clear what is the difference between the two quot contact quot folder types I always accessed any contacts by clicking the appropriate folder in the navigation pane and do not know how to access n other way if possible the information originally entered into files whose group I opened by clicking on now missing navigation pane button-folder called quot Contacts in Personal folders I do know that most of the info does not vanish from the computer but without this navigation pane folder I do not know how to access the info I entered into boxes grouped under that folder I also backed up most info before it happened but after I imported files to restore contacts I still do not see any of the info entered into quot contacts in personal folders quot that is still missing I backed up to en external drive is it possible to search there but what should I search for I do not understand the difference and saving location between the files that one created under theses two confusing similar names in the navigation pane Please help as I have important information stored there now missing Thanks you so much for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-07-contacts-in-personal-folders-missing.963149/
Relevancy 70.52%

If I never deleted some personal folders, they still have to be there somewhere right? If someone clicks CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS, does that delete them? There has to be a way to restore them if they are missing from the Mailbox tree.

A:Recover Personal Folders In Outlook 2003

Hi, jgadrummer:If all you did was use the option to Close Personal Folders, the file will still exist somewhere on your computer. If you can find the personal folder file(.pst), you can add it back to Outlook by using the Mail icon in the Control Panel. Click Data Files..., Add..., follow the rest of the prompts by selecting the proper personal folders file type, and locate and select your Personal Folders file. By default, mine opened in the folder location where the existing personal folders file was located.Hope that helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65750/recover-personal-folders-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 70.52%

Dear All

Can I confirm with Outlook 2000 that if I 'Remove' a supposed duplicate personal folder that, thats it I will not be able to restore it??

Removed the personal folder by selecting 'Tools', Services and pressing the 'Remove' button.

Problem is it was not the right Personal Folder!! I still have another duplicate so not such a problem but have lost some e-mails.

No sign of the removed file in the recycle bin or having done a search on all .pst files anywhere on the system.

Have also eventually managed to unhide the local settings folder after a separate search on the internet but no sign of any missing folder in there either - .pst files normally stored here. Admit that was being a bit hopeful

If this is the case, don't you think deleting perhaps all your e-mails is a little too easy! And why is there not something similar to the Recycle bin?

Comments appreciate.

Relevancy 70.52%

I currently have 4 copies of the same personal folders in my outlook 2000. How do I delete the extra copies of the folders.

A:Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

Hi pollyanna
What mode do you have running for Outlook 2000?
Corporate/Workgroup (CW) or Internet Mail Only (IMO)
Help>About Microsoft Outlook, should say on the second line.

(CW)Try right clicking on the Personal Folders, select Close Personal Folders.
Tools>Services, Hightlight the Personal Folders you want to Remove and select the Remove button.
You may need to select the Properties button first to see what .pst file it is attached to. I renamed all my Personal Folders with the .pst file so that at a glance I could tell which one belonged.

After removing the Personal Folders list from your Services, you would need to locate the .pst file and delete it.

Let us know if this works for you or if you are using Internet Mail Only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-duplicate-personal-folders.43132/
Relevancy 70.52%

When I open Outlook ( running under XP) I get the error message " The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."

What is ( not) happening and does anyone know how I can sort it ?

Thanks

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304768/office-outlook-2007-personal-folders/
Relevancy 70.52%

I created a .pst export so that I could copy my outlook information from my main computer to a new laptop. It was successful but made a duplicate personal and sub folders on the main computer only. Also on the outlook today page it doesn't make any counts for incoming messages or other countable folders. I can save the sub folder titles to it but it doesn't recognized and put a count in even though I check both areas or just one etc... If I go to the folder from the outlook today page the folder is empty but if I go to the folder from the navigation list I can see the messages and also a count.
The notebook Outlook is working properly
Hope this makes sense to you..
Charles

A:Outlook 2007 duplicate personal and sub folders

Have a look in Libraries>Documents>Outlook Files and see what's in there.

If the exported .pst file is there you can delete it, and then try creating a fresh .pst information file for export.

You should, at some stage in the procedure, be able to choose the location you want to save it to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188072-outlook-2007-duplicate-personal-sub-folders.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I now have 4 headings in the Folder List named Personal Folders, 3 of them are basic and have nothing in them. The 4th is my main list. How do I remove the other 3?
Tks

Relevancy 70.52%

While attempting to resolve an opening problem with Outlook(2002), running Office 2002 XP, I created a new identity in 'Mail'. (I didn't delete anything) I now have duplicate Outlook Today 'Personal Folders' with data mixed between the two systems. Within Outlook, I don't find an option to 'delete' the unwanted folders. What do I do to get a single personal folder setup, with the most current data in Mail, Tasks, and Contacts? Somewhere in here, I also need to reduce the size of the archives, and or data files?

A:Solved: Duplicat Outlook 'Personal Folders'

Hi homeslarry,

Do you mean you have added a second Account? If so, CONTROL PANEL / MAIL and delete the duplicate in there.

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duplicat-outlook-personal-folders.910549/
Relevancy 70.52%

Here are the issues with a new installation of Office Outlook After the IMAP Personal Outlook Folders 2007 Multiple install I went into tools gt options gt mail setup gt email accounts gt datafiles gt add gt office outlook pst Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders and the folders and files with the account populated their respective areas However I ended up with multiple personal folders I have one personal folder above the mail ourserver com and three personal folders below the imap mail ourserver com I am tempted to copy the files inbox sent and so forth from the lower three personal folders into the first listed personal folder and then delete those three personal folders leaving one personal folder Second on the imap mail ourserver com sent are all the older sents however on the first listed personal folder in that sent box are the Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders current sends That I cannot figure out And lastly I have four Contacts that I incorporated using tools options The first three contact folders were old contacts used as historical reference The forth contract folder I named Contacts Though I added the four pst contact folders the Contact is not listed and I cannot locate it However if I compose an email and bring down from the contact list there is listed Contact and then I can add the recipient I have a scrambled Outlook and manage with difficulty maneuvering through the hierarchy however having everything in logical territories would be advantages A singular personal folder the imap mail folder and the current contacts all accessible Thanks for any help to untangle Outlook Chuck

A:Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders

Hello Chuck -

An expanded folder screen shot would help me understand your issue.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/260404-outlook-2007-multiple-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello When I got my new HP Windows laptop several months ago I installed Office I recall at the time importing more than one personal folder into the new Outlook Enough time has passed that I'm ready to get rid if I can of the annoyance having folders I don't use in the folder list on the left Maybe Folders 2013 Extra Personal - Outlook I should be using them but I don't From the top first I have personal folder with subfolders inbox drafts sent Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders etc As far as I know I don't use these folders at all and I have cut and moved most of the messages in them to the second folder list The second list is name email com There I also have subfolders inbox drafts sent deleted as well as Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders the many other subfolders I've created for various needs So can I get rid of the personal folders listed first Should I keep them If so can I hide them somehow Thanks

Relevancy 69.66%

For some reason I have 3 sets of Personal Folders and Calendars in my Outlook 2003 (running on Vista). When I try to delete either of the 2 that I don't want I get this error message:

"This operation failed. The object could not be found."

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

A:Can't Delete 2nd and 3rd Personal Folders & Calendars in Outlook 2003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-2nd-and-3rd-personal-folders-calendars-in-outlook-2003.575047/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to backup my Outlook folders using the Import and Export function. I'm just wondering whether or not "exporting" the file will cause those messages to no longer appear in Outlook itself, or if exporting just makes a copy. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Question about Outlook Personal Folders File Export

Exporting copies - nothing is deleted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411589/question-about-outlook-personal-folders-file-export/
Relevancy 69.66%

OK I use outlook 2003 for my comcast e-mail and lately when I start it up the window

comes up but before doing anything a second window pops up with a load bar and it says

the file personal file folders was not closed properly and checking file for errors after it

loads the main window says not responding for a moment and then it operates as normal

and if it matters Im using windows vista home premium 32-bit

A:Solved: Microsoft outlook personal file folders

Had something like that at work. Theres a few fixes for it but I need to know if your emails are being saved on there server or on your computer in a .pst file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-outlook-personal-file-folders.809381/
Relevancy 69.66%

I downloaded the Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook from the Microsoft Office downloads site When I try to install it I get into a Catch situation First I get a message quot Setup has detected that you already have a version of Personal Folders Backup installed on this machine Before the download can be installed you must first uninstall the previous version To uninstall please answer yes to the next question quot When I click OK I get the message quot Are you sure you want to uninstall this product quot When I click Yes I get the message quot This action is only valid for products that are currently installed quot When I click OK I get the message quot To install this download please uninstall the previous version of Personal Folders Backup using the Add Remove Programs Control Panel quot There is no Personal Folders Backup for Backup add-in Folders Personal (Solved) Outlook 2003 shown in the Add Remove Programs list Anyone have any information on what is messed up in my Registry Apparently one place says I have PFB installed and (Solved) Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook 2003 somewhere else says I don t (Solved) Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook 2003 nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

This morning when I turned on my PC and opened Outlook 2007, all of my personal folders had mysteriously disappeared. I immediately started panicking and tried all sorts of things before eventually just closing and reopening the program and finding that my folders had returned. The problem is that a couple of these folders (and not all of them) have now been duplicated and I cannot remove the duplicates.

Can someone help me here?

Florio

A:How can I remove duplicate personal folders from Outlook 2007?

I am at a disadvantage because I do not use Outlook, but;

Quote:
This can happen with certain type of mail profile corruptions. Most often this happens when you upgrade Outlook or pst-files get overwritten or are being replaced in a way other than via the Outlook or Mail Applet interface. In that case, you’ll have to recreate your mail profile to get rid of it.
Since the above suggestion can be a bit drastic when you have a complex mail profile configuration, there are some other things that you could try first.

Source: http://Delete duplicate pst folder set with same content | www.msoutlook.info

This site offers three different ways to correct your situation, plus a utility if those ways do not work. If they don't you will have to try re-creating your outlook profile, there is a link to do that in the quote and at the end of the article.
Also; Check to see if you can adjust your duplication rules:

Quote:
To maintain the integrity of your data, it's a good idea to have rules in place to reduce duplicate records in the system. Microsoft Dynamics CRM includes default duplicate detection rules for accounts, contacts, and leads, but not for other types of records. If you want the system to detect duplicates for other record types, you'll need to create a new rule.

Source: http://Set up duplicate detection rules to keep your data clean | www.microsoft.com

This seems to describe a larger network or server setup if you have the Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but it wouldn't hurt to look there might be a similar setting for the regular Outlook program.
Make sure that you have Administrator permissions.
Go to Settings > Data Management. (If you have it.)
Choose Duplicate Detection Rules. (If you have it.)
Select or clear the Enable duplicate detection check box. (If you have it.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/366461-how-can-i-remove-duplicate-personal-folders-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I want to have all the emails from one contact go into a personal folder and emails from another person go into another personal folder and so on and so forth, but i don't want to keep having to move them all by hand. Is there away to set up the folders that when a email comes in it looks at the adress and puts it into the relevent folder, if so how.
many thanks Joe

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 contact personal folders

Hi JoeMorris94

Set up Rules to move messages to the desired folders.
Tools > Rules and Alerts
Set up your conditions and actions. Then test.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-contact-personal-folders.1047124/
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently I have configured my Hotmail Live email account in Outlook 2007 through POP account wizard. All of my inbox mails got downloaded but my personal folders (Sent, Jobs, Family, Finance, etc.) were not configured / downloaded.

I understand that by installing Outlook Connector I can download personal folders. But I dont want to install Connector as I see people have many problems with that.

I would appreciate if anyone can guide me as how can I download personal folders without installing connector.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456317/how-to-configure-personal-hotmail-folders-in-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 69.66%

Every now and again I load Outlook and another set of Personal folders has been added under my current set They completely duplicate the folders and messages already in my Personal Folders I now have five sets of these - each a snap shot of my folders when it was created I wish to delete them and of course I can delete those which duplicate the folders I created - but they contain Intray Deleted Items etc etc which Outlook will not allow me to delete How do I get rid of them and how do I stop Outlook creating new sets in the future My second problem with Outlook is that I wish to create weekly back ups and have always done so by exporting to a pst file After many years of doing this I am now getting the message The operation failed An object could not be found So I am unable to over-write the previous file and have to create a file with a new name This is OK except that I now have a very large number of pst files which I cannot delete - and it appears that Outlook is constantly adding data to them Indeed it seems that this is happening even on days when I have not exported because additional creates Outlook folders 2002 Personal the dates of the files are those of the latest day I have accessed my computer Can anyone help Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading users to a newer version of Citrix. This includes an office upgrade from 2010 to 2013. After upgrading one user I found that his Outlook forders are missing. How do I get these to appear in his Outlook folders list?

Cheers
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-not-appearing-after-citrix-upgrade.1098154/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have Windows Home Pro installed on my laptop and I'm one of those people that likes to keep my Start Menu folder OCD-tidy In W as I believe it was in Vista there are two folders that handle the program shortcuts for the Start Menu There's "personal" merge to users" Any Menu and Start reason folders? "all not a user-specific one for programs only that user can use and the all-users one for programs everyone can use C Users Joe AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs and C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs I'm Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? the only user on my laptop so I'd like to just consolidate these two folders Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? into one to make it easier for me to sort and keep track of Is Any reason not to merge Start Menu "personal" and "all users" folders? there any reason not to just drag-and-drop stuff from one to the other Is there one that I should use in preference to the other should I keep everything in the quot user quot folder or the quot all-users quot folder I'm pretty sure I just did this without any problem in Vista but I wanted to make sure so I don't mess anything up as I'm new to W Thanks Joe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-reason-not-to-merge-start-menu-personal-and-all-users-folders-610871.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Recently I send out a bulk email for our CEO (ya, that's right, the big guy!?!). I had a mailing list as my datasource, created the document in Word (as my email editor), attached two files and sent it off. However, once the merge was performed and everything was sent out the attachments either weren't on the resulting mass email, or only the icons for the attachments appeared. Simply, the attachments seemed to be stripped off the resulting email.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I've looked on the MS Knowledge base to no avail. I'd really like to be able to explain it to the CEO so I look like less of a bumbling idiot!

Cheers

A:Attachments disappear in Outlook/Word email merge

Hi, I don't have an answer for you but you seem to be trying to do the same thing I want to do - send an email/merge mass mailing and include an attachment to the email. When I start in word and do the mail merge/email function I can send a form letter type text email to everyone in a mailing database but I can't figure out how to have each email attach one (the same) document as an attachment. It sounds like you figured it out. Let me know how you did it and i can let you know if I have the same problem you did or not. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attachments-disappear-in-outlook-word-email-merge.153651/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have often used Word 7 Mail Merge and merged emails to Outlook 7 Since I have installed Windows 7 I am now unable to get the emails to show up in Outlook. They appear to merge in Word but they do not show up in Outlook or any other email programme I have. Can anyone help me? I have noticed many others on the web having the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-with-mail-merge-and-outlook-doesnt-work.1069777/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have windows 7 & office 2007. I am attempting to create an email merge. I have tried to do so starting with first with outlook (which takes me to word) which failed in sending, and then starting with word (which takes me to outlook and then back to word) and also failed in sending. I have followed all instructions to a T (as provided by help in both programs as well as microsoft help online).

What am I missing? Is there some connection between the 2 programs that needs to be set up first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290939/cant-mail-merge-email-with-outlook-and-word-2007/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to disable the function that allows you to Drag/Drop emails from one folder to the next. This is specific to a personal folder I created, and don't want to be able to Drag/Drop and e-mail to or from this folder...

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-drag-drop-in-outlook-2000-personal-folders.129330/
Relevancy 68.8%

I created a new perosnal folder by going to New -> Data Outlook File
I already have a personal folder
Now when I want to add a new one, I do the same thing
However, this time around the type of storage field does not show me the pst , it is blank. I can't add any new personal folders

Can any throw light on this?

Thanks
Raymond

A:Problem in Adding additional personal folders (pst) in Outlook 2002

Can you post a screen shot of the window. I am not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Outlook will only have one pst file per profile. When adding fields to that profile you should be able to open Outlook, click on the Inbox or what is showing and then click on File, Folder, New and then click on the heading you want it to appear under.

IT should create it. But for some reason I am getting the feeling this is not exactly what you want so if you can show the window maybe it will help me understand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-adding-additional-personal-folders-pst-in-outlook-2002.103496/
Relevancy 68.8%

I continuously get the above message when I open up Outlook. It takes forever to open the program. I've done scanpst.exe and I think it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Can you help and tell me what to do?

When I close the program, I delete all the items, hit close all items and then exit. I have no idea what is going on. I guess there may be some errors in there but I can't fix it using scanpst.exe

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:Outlook PST - 'data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-pst-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.850967/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi!

Can anyone please help me with this?

My problem is that I have just bought a new system running vista after the old one died following a motherboard problem (it refused to boot). I have salvaged the old hard disk which ran XP and it appears to be sound and I have put it in an external enclosure connected to the new computer. I want to retrieve/access old mail folders created in MS Outlook 2003 on the old hard disk but cannot seem to locate them anywhere.

Any suggestions as to how I can get to and open them please?

A:Finding and transferring Outlook Personal Folders from an Old Hard Disk

Your old outlook.pst file should be located here: Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Copy it over to your new PC. In Outlook, do File > Open > Outlook Data File

Here's some extra reading for future reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-and-transferring-outlook-personal-folders-from-an-old-hard-disk.762388/
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was referred to - personal .pst Outlook after Win2000 {Solved} of opening new folders Problems install this board by a friend hopefully someone can help out Prior to doing a new install of Win from a Win computer I backed up all my outlook e-mail contact lists etc The suggested method was exporting these as as {Solved} - Problems opening .pst Outlook personal folders after new install of Win2000 pst files Now I am running on Win with all my files backed up on cd I ve moved the pst files over and have tried to import them into the newly installed Outlook For some reason though it will not let me import them claiming a password problem The message I get is Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use After clicking OK I get a message saying quot File access is denied you don t have permission to access these files quot What s the problem How do I import these files They re rather important If someone could help me out on this I would appreciate it Thanks in advance Michael S Gallegly nbsp

A:{Solved} - Problems opening .pst Outlook personal folders after new install of Win2000

Greetings

I have a feeling that the problem is that when you copied the file from CD, it was copied as a read only file.

Find the file, right click on it and untick the Read Only attribute.

See if that helps

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-opening-pst-outlook-personal-folders-after-new-install-of-win2000.29813/
Relevancy 67.94%

I ve seen this issue on email Office Problem Merge 2003 HTML Outlook 2007 other postings but have not seen the answer yet I have Vista Outlook and Office I have been trying to send an email merge works fine on my other XP machine with office in HTML I can send a merge in text but the HTML option Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem yields nothing I purchased outlook because Msft Mail was not working either I am about to throw out outlook and try to downgrade to outlook to see if this option works as it does on my XP machine Any ideas before I totaly frustrate my wife by reloading her software again When the quot text email merge is initiatied I get a message for each mail that asks me to accept that another program is trying to send an email This seems to happen for each email which could really be a problem for several hundred emails I have tried turning off the firewall but the box still appears This whole Vista thing is making me crazy I have to reconfigure my outlook and transfer the list of names and the word doc to my xp laptop just so I can send the Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem mail merge What is the setting to turn this off I am wondering why I paid for Vista and the Oulook sw Sorry just frustrated This should not be so difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-outlook-2007-html-email-merge-problem.739840/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been sending individual emails to roughly 400 of my clients and perspective clients per month.  I have been sending them one by one so I could personalize it. I need to be able to do the following.  

Include the first name of my client after "Good Afternoon _______ "   in the body of the email.

Select 1 of my 3 business email addresses from my Microsoft Outlook 2007 Imap emails.

Include 2 PDF documents.  

Using mail merge via  Microsoft Word does not give these 3 options from what I can find.  This would save me so much time if I can send personalized mass emails to my clients.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

A:Outlook 2007/ mail merge/ cant include attachments or email to send from

anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524149/outlook-2007-mail-merge-cant-include-attachments-or-email-to-send-from/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I receive many inquiries through a B2B website. These inquiries are send to me by email. The sender's email address is the server from the B2B website.

I want to add these emails to my business contacts in BCM 2010 without linking and tracking the email address.

Then I want to link and track the email address that i filled in the email field of the business contact.

How should i do that?

A:BCM 2010: linking an email without tracking to an account

Does this help at all?
Getting Started with Outlook Business Contact Manager 2010 - How-To Geek

Quote:

Office Integration

Business Contact Manager isn?t just restricted to one part of Outlook; once you?ve got it installed, it?s fully integrated throughout the program. When you?re reading an email, you?ll see options to create a new record or add the email to an existing one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/184185-bcm-2010-linking-email-without-tracking-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have Windows Live Mail on two computers and use the same email address and password for both.

One is a desktop with Vista Home Premium SP2 and the other is a laptop with Windows 7.

I have a large folder section on my older desktop/Vista that I want to transfer to the Windows Live Mail on my newer laptop/Win7 so that no matter which computer I am on, I can store email documents in the proper folders and have a complete record on both computers.

For transferring I have a couple of larger flash drives and also have external drives for both computers.

Can someone tell me how to accomplish this please.

Thank you

A:Transferring folders from one computer email account to another

Have a read here. Windows Live Mail - Import Windows Mail Messages

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/376875-transferring-folders-one-computer-email-account-another.html
Relevancy 66.65%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 66.65%

Good morning -- just installed Outlook 365. I was able to sync all my emails (including folders I've created with all emails stored), calendar and contacts. My issue is with my iPhone 6 email app. I'm seeing my calendar and contacts as well as all my emails -- inbox, sent, junk...but none of the other folders. The folders don't appear in settings, mail, contacts, calendars...under fetch new data either. Any thoughts? Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/sync-outlook-365-email-folders-with-iphone-email-app-1121489.html
Relevancy 66.65%

How do I stop outlook 2010 folders being copied back into Gmail? I don't need them there and it just slows the whole thing doen. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/377224-outlook-2010-folders.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Is the existing VBA code to do this? I got code from Michael Bauer in Germany and it caused problems so I deleted it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-expand-all-folders.1057847/
Relevancy 65.79%

In the navigation pane on the left in Outlook 2010 I am getting a duplicate set of folders for one account. I have deleted .pst files and tried to stop the account but the only way I can get rid of the duplicate is to totally remove the account and thereby the folders that I want as well. I have searched Internet forums till my brain hurts but have found no solution. Help - please.

A:Duplicate folders in Outlook 2010

With 2010 if one is NOT carful, each email address will have it's own PST file.

I do NOT remember what is asked when setting up a new email address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/duplicate-folders-in-outlook-2010.1113658/
Relevancy 65.79%

I wish to tidy up organise my Outlook folders They are a legacy of past Office upgrades The following screenshots the second after a quot page down quot in the navigation pane attempt to show the status quo I contracted the Calendar and Contacts items to get the rest into two screenshots I basically only have two email accounts in Outlook My gmail and others are setup to redirect incoming mail to my main quot internode quot mail account which is IMAP I only really use gmail when away from home But it is listed in my accounts and Outlook offers me the dropdown option to send from my gmail address internode is setup as the default mail account in Accounts But when Outlook loads this folder is collapsed while the next bigpond folder is not As I recall in the previous version of Office the top folder used to be what now appears towards the bottom of the list which shows Outlook Inbox and one subfolder Genealogy These still have messages in them ranging from March to February which I think date from when Office was installed What happened after February I do not know The wbwebster internode on net Inbox folder has folders reorganisation Outlook 2010 items in it that are also in the above Outlook folder so there is some duplication The wtrmnwebster bigpond com folders are practically empty less than items But mail that comes to that address is routed to the top Outlook Data File Inbox Strangely though if I save a message with internode as the sending account it gets put in the Drafts in that top folder and not in the internode folder bigond com by the way is a POP account So basically I would Outlook 2010 folders reorganisation like to reset this so that Outlook 2010 folders reorganisation all mail comes to just one main folder at the top and this includes sent items and drafts Any required mail account folders can be ranged beneath so that I don't have to bother with them I won't go to archiving yet maybe in a follow-up I do quot keep quot a lot of mail because so much of it is received from fellow genealogy researchers all over the world and every so often I go in search of one of these messages or senders It often contains valuable research findings Bill

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/386459-outlook-2010-folders-reorganisation.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, I have had this problem several times and now I want to know what is causing the problem. In outlook you can add certain folder to your favorites so that they appear like short cuts at the top of the navigation window. But from time to time different imap short cuts don't appear and then I have to close and restart to get the short cuts to reappear.

Any ideas as to why?

A:Outlook 2010 and IMAP account

Also if you go to the inbox, if that is one in your favorites, and right click it gives you the option to remove from favorites even though it is not displayed. After removing and adding will also show them back at the top. But this is a pain in the back side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201539-outlook-2010-imap-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When I install my hotmail account into my Outlook 2010 I cannot have that account in my regular pst.

How can I solve that so that I have all my accounts just in one pst?
God bless

A:hotmail account and Outlook 2010

I don't think you can because hotmail is web based and outlook is pop3, so they have to be seperate

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/71035-hotmail-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi
I have several business email addresses. I have just created a new one, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.
It has its own folder into which email is delivered, but starting from there still doesn't help fix the problem.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 65.79%

I am starting a new thread Last Outlook 2010 Account Default week I Outlook 2010 Default Account posted a complexsituation with captures attached of a serious issue with Outlook Before I started work Outlook 2010 Default Account I created Outlook 2010 Default Account a Acronis TIBimage and as I worked and degradation developed tweaking Outlook Ihad to repeatedly resort to that original image to get back to the originalstarting point I have managed to get Outlook working except for thisone issue Please look over the captures attached It deals with Brent s emailaccount listed in duplicate In my experiments I keep ending up with two accounts InControl Panel Mail Email tab is listed the working Brent email account Thataccount is not marked as Default Because in Mail Email Brent account is notmarked as default I have issues That working Brent account that not marked asDefault I can send and receive There are two Brent email accounts Two exact accounts -with a slight variable I have in Mail Emailthis account Brentetcetc etcetc com In Mail Data File I have this Brentetcetc etcetc com Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent If Brentetcetc etcetc comwere marked as Default I would have no issues with the Brent account Because the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentis marked as default that creates the problem And I cannot delete the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentaccount in Mail Data File If I could delete the Default Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent Iwould then be able to mark Brentetcetc etcetc comas Default I have spent days on this this Creating restore points creating new TIB files and so forth How I ended up with struggling with the two accounts isthis if I run NK edit to populate Outlook s contacts with a massive list ofdata I get the message that NK edit cannot find the Default email account Becausein Mail Email the account listed there is not marked as Default I have learned that if I delete the working email account from Data Files I fully and completelycompromise and corrupt the normal functionality of Outlook That I learnedby my previous experiments Brent canobviously work with Outlook I have instructed him to ignore Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent andto work only with Brentetcetc etcetc com Also I took a look at Regedit Outlook and thought I couldpossibly delete files that were unused I will attach this capture also One last comment in my journey I did a Outlook repair Thatdid not help I then did a uninstall of Office and reinstalled Office and Outlookended up with the two accounts Thanks for your attentions

A:Outlook 2010 Default Account

I rarely use the Control Panel > Mail and profiles when setting up Outlook as POP3 or IMAP. I just leave the profile as the default (Outlook I think.)

For POP3
Install and open Outlook. Continue without email support. It will create a default Outlook.pst in Documents > Outlook Files.
File > Open > Open Outlook Data File and open any and all my transferred .pst
File > Account settings > Data Files and assign the default to whichever I want
Close outlook and reopen with new data file as default.
Right-click the default Outlook file it created and close. Then I delete it.

Now I setup my POP accounts in Account settings email accounts making sure to point to my default pst as I like all mail coming into 1 inbox.

Have not had any issues doing it this way.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/392491-outlook-2010-default-account.html