Windows Support Forum

How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

Q: How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi,

Silly question. I had to reset my Google Chrome due to a malware check.

When I click on a "send email" link in Chrome, a new email pops up in my Gmail browser. However, I would like it to open a new email in MS Outlook 2010.

There must be a "set MS Outlook 2010" as default when clicking on email links in Chrome, but I can't seem to find it. I have already made Outlook the default program for email, but that didn't take care of the issue.

Thank you so much.

A:Default email program - change from Gmail in Chrome to MS Outlook 2010

Found it: chrome://settings/handlers and uncheck gmail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/389351-default-email-program-change-gmail-chrome-ms-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there
Outlook 2010 and using gmail -- I delete email from inbox -- says OK email gets deleted --then a few seconds later the Email inbox gets re-filled again.

I just can't seem to permanently delete emails.

"Normal ISP" accounts or exchange corporate email accounts seem to work fine .

Anybody got a solution for this -- I've got nearly 1100 wretched emails in the inbox that I can't get rid of

Even moving then to a LOCAL inbox and delete doesn't cure the problem. I'm using IMAP service.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Deleted email from gmail keeps re-appearing (Outlook 2010)

Hi there
Found it --
Bad case of "RTFM" (or Not doing it). You need to set Auto Expunge OFF and then choose delete from server.

Otherwise system leaves archive for 30 days or until server runs next update.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283313-deleted-email-gmail-keeps-re-appearing-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there I've got a GMAIL account which I access via OUTLOOK IMAP I've googled for this but the solution doesn't work --there's there's no TRASH folder under GMAIL How though do you delete PERMANENTLY Email -- If you delete it from the BIN folder it goes to Deleted folder -- if you empty this folder and then click on the gmail all mail 2010 outlook delete email with Permanently from gmail folder it all re-appears again I've got something like mails now that I can't seem to get rid of -- if I have to do this via gmail itself then it rather makes the whole point of using OUTLOOK pointless in the first place The only reason I opened a GMAIL account Permanently delete email from gmail with outlook 2010 was because of its integration with OUTLOOK Deleting emails goes to the delete folder - now if I empty that the mail is seen again in the ALL mail folder - deleting that goes to the BIn folder and deleting that goes back again to the delete folder -- endless roundabout Cheers jimbo

A:Permanently delete email from gmail with outlook 2010

Maybe something here which could help:
How to Delete Emails from Gmail IMAP Access Mail Client ? My Digital Life

Quote:
In Outlook 2010 and some email, you can set Outlook to automatically move the deleted items to [Gmail]/Trash folder on the server. To do so, go to the ?Account Settings? of the Gmail account, and change its account settings. At ?More Settings?, go to ?Deleted Items? tab, and select ?Move deleted items to the following server on the server?, and select the ?[Gmail]/Trash? folder in the tree list.

An email message in Outlook can appear in many folders (applied with many labels). Typically, once you delete the email and move it to Trash, the email should be removed from other folders by Gmail too. Perform a sync or Send/Receive All Folders (for Outlook) so that mail client can synchronize the change that takes place on Gmail cloud after deletion. If for some reason Gmail and mail client does not automatically remove to Trash a delete email from all folders (labels), and the supposedly deleted emails on folders other than Trash folder, then manual deletion from each and every folders is requires. This including from [Gmail]/All Mail folder which archived all mails.
Once the e-mails are moved to Trash folder, it will be automatically purged by Google server process after 30 days. You can also configure your mail client to process purge permanently items mark as trashed or deleted in the original folder automatically from the server. Note that also if you delete any email message from [Gmail]/Spam or [Gmail]/Trash, it will be deleted permanently, locally and on Gmail server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298364-permanently-delete-email-gmail-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am able to send email through Outlook.When I click Test Account Settings ,all going ok. There is a test mail in my Gmail account.

Unfortunately I am not able to receive mail in my inbox of Outlook. When I click Send/Receive then the message come ?You don?t have appropriate permission to Perform this operation?.

Manish

A:RECEIVING EMAIL IN OUTLOOK THU GMAIL ACCOUNT

Try runing Outlook as an administrator. Which is odd. Are you logged in as an administrator or in a standard (limited) account?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/receiving-email-in-outlook-thu-gmail-account-606450.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have my gmail set up as IMAP. When I set up my gmail account in Outlook 2010, it brought in all the email from the gmail server (thousands). That's okay, but what I would like to do is delete most of the emails (and the folders I set up in gmail) WITHOUT deleting them from the gmail server. I see in the gmail settings some instructions on deleting and expunging, but the terminology is confusing to me. Can someone tell me how to do my gmail settings such that when I delete something in Outlook (whether it be a gmail folder of individual emails), they are not deleted from the server? Sorry to be redundant, but I don't think I'm being very clear. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Email deleted in Outlook 2010-want NOT to delete on gmail server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-email-deleted-in-outlook-2010-want-not-to-delete-on-gmail-server.1135606/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have several email addresses (accounts) and have always been able to change the name of the account whenever I want (via account properties) - not the display name for the "from" line, but what I name the account. But now, if I try to change it, it won't keep the changes and reverts back to the name it was before. I've only recently gone to WinXP SP2, and am wondering if it's something to do with SP2? Would anyone know how I can fix this please?TIA(PS - I'm fairly experienced in OE ).

A:Outlook Express - Can't Change Email Account Name

I thought I'd try deleting and recreating one of the accounts as a test, and it naturally worked. However, if I then try to change the account name again (as a test), it's the same problem as before. Therefore, something somewhere must corrupt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70273/outlook-express-cant-change-email-account-name/
Relevancy 81.27%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 76.54%

I am in the process of setting up a home business and wish to set up a separate business email account with low set up costs I currently have a personal Hotmail and Gmail accounts but wish to create a secondary Gmail account for my business I do not have a registered domain name I tried numerous ways to set up a secondary gmail account without success it would initially email up account email to secondary set [moved gmail Cannot forum] accept the Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] new gmail address but Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] when it would ask to activate the account it would not allow me to login to the account to do this It would come up with a Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] message advising that the account address is unknown So I would again go through the process and it would then advise that the username is already taken so I just keep on going around in circles I then went into Google Apps for business in which it would ask me to register my domain name for a fee of per year However the domain name would be registered under the two option provided Enom and Go Daddy Neither in which I am familiar with Can you please offer some assistance My first preference would be setting up a secondary gmail account and if not is google apps for business a reliable avenue in registering my business name in order to obtain a professional separate business email account and if so which provider is the better option Keeping in mind I wish to keep the costs at a minimum at this stage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/cannot-set-up-secondary-gmail-email-account-1086073.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently changed from gMail to a email client. Why is my email being sent to the email address I want it to, then immediately after to literally my gMail (<name>@gmail.com) account, is there any way to prevent this ?

A:To my email account - to gMail account ?

Very confusing post...please explain in more detail, as specific as you can. What email client are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/242217-my-email-account-gmail-account.html
Relevancy 72.67%

When I attempt to respond via email to some sites, they say "send an email" and then offer a link, and that link opens Windows Live email.

I do not use Windows Live and wish to have my gmail account opened to allow me to send emails. What I wind up doing is time consuming:

I do allow Windows live to open and the copy the email address of the recipient and copy and paste to my gmail "compose".

Is there a setting I can adjust to make this so, that the default link automatically goes to gmail?

I use Chrome as my browser also, and rarely use IE 9, or 10 or whatever version IE is nowadays.

Please be very specific in your response.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

A:Using Gmail as default email account

If you use Chrome, then you can try this extension for Chrome.

Edit: I need to explain how this works on my machine.

I use Win 7 Pro. Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs. My default mail program is the Windows Live Mail 2011 email client.

So, when I use IE8, and I click on an email to: link, it opens into my Windows Live email client, which is configured to my Gmail account. Since I use the email client frequently, this is ok with me.

But I also use Chrome - quite a lot actually. So, I installed the above-linked extension, which opens directly into my Gmail account (of course, in the process, and in the first instance, I have to go through the gmail login page).

Eventually, the email client and the Gmail account sync up as and when I use the former in online mode.

This is how it seems to work for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/140766-using-gmail-default-email-account.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I am in the process of setting up a home business and wish to set up a separate business email account with low set up costs I currently have a personal Hotmail and Gmail accounts but wish to create a secondary Gmail account for my business I do secondary set email up account gmail Cannot not have a registered domain name I tried numerous ways to set up a secondary gmail account without Cannot set up secondary gmail email account success it would initially accept the new gmail address but when it would ask to activate the account it would not allow me to login to the account to do this It would come up with a message advising that the account address is unknown So I would again go through the process and it would then advise that the username is already taken so I just keep on going around in circles I then went into Google Apps for business in which it would ask me to register my domain name for a fee of per year However the domain name would be registered under the two option provided Enom and Go Daddy Neither in which I am familiar with Can you please offer some assistance My first preference would be setting up a secondary gmail account and if not is google apps for business a reliable avenue in registering my business name in order to obtain a professional separate business email account and if so which provider is the better option Keeping in mind I wish to keep the costs at a minimum at this stage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-set-up-secondary-gmail-email-account-1086073.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have set up in the appropriate Gmail settings to do this and was working OK, well, for some time back.

I noticed that I wasn't getting any mail from that account so checked that setting which seemed OK. I clicked Check for mail now and got nothing and then History which showed nothing for the past week. I thought that perhaps that provider had stopped POP 3 for it.

So I sent a test email to that address from a completely different account I have which popped up immediately in my Gmail inbox, wonderful!

Going back to Gmail settings I checked again that account History which again said there was nothing!

Also I went to that actual account via webmail and found 2000 messages filling my quota! Luckily not important.

What has happened here? Please advise - thanks,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612733/in-gmail-importing-email-from-another-account-glitch/
Relevancy 71.81%

Evening all Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid or repeat question 'search' has been my friend but my brain at two a m may not have been Basically I am off to university in a few days I am trying to set up Outlook in order to 2010 GMail Outlook and consolidate my personal email GMail mainly and my Uni email some sort of Outlook Live account The problem I'm facing is Outlook seems intent on Outlook 2010 and GMail syncing up with GMail and storing everything in the PST file I was wondering is there a way to make Outlook only store messages locally if they are in the GMail Outlook 2010 and GMail inbox I'm enjoying the way you can drag and drop emails into folders in order to label and archive them in GMail itself but this email remains stored locally beefing up the size of the PST - can I set Outlook up so that after I drag it into say the 'Uni' folder it is archived as usual in GMail but effectively removed from my PC I have unsubscribed from my GMail labels in Outlook but no luck still The same question goes for the Uni address which is also an IMAP setup but one step at a time Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 and GMail

Have you set up your Gmail account as an IMAP account, or POP3?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/111779-outlook-2010-gmail.html
Relevancy 70.95%

so i made skype a few months back it messeed up my nokia lumia 635 phone i backed up everything and i cant get it back i need everything on it back

A:i dont know my microsoft account password or gmail or email

Reset your password from https://account.microsoft.com

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436781-i-dont-know-my-microsoft-account-password-gmail-email.html
Relevancy 70.95%

How to add Gmail to Windows 8 Mail

I followed that tutorial. Doesn't work.

Error message is: That email address or password didn't work. Double-check them and try again.

Yes my account has 2 step verifications, maybe that's the problem. And please don't tell me to disable the 2 step verifications - it's a very important personal account there's no way I'm willing to disable it.

Kindly help. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/21215-adding-gmail-account-windows-8-metro-email.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I just want to set up outlook express and use it for further activities as i am facing problem for setting up the outlook and its linking through the Gmail account.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130053-how-set-up-outlook-through-gmail-account-use.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm using my personal laptop on my company network, 3 months ago I could send/receive my gmail account without problems. Now it won't send/receive at all.

I have a feeling the company has closed those ports? Standard gmail imap port settings IMAP 993 SSL ,SMPT 587 TSL.

I'd call IT, but the general practice is that we are not supposed to be hooking our personal laptops up to the network, however they realize that it is done and tolerated, but not supported by IT.

Is there a way around these closed ports?

Company computers have Outlook 2010 with account setup as Microsoft Exchange?

Chris

A:Outlook 2010 gmail port settings

Board Rules:No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.This topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484014/outlook-2010-gmail-port-settings/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have three email accounts with gmail connected to outlook 2010. Sadly the PST file contains all the emails from my email addresses and since I hate deleting emails the PST files are huge. Is there a way to set up outlook so it only goes back X ammount of time for storing email on my system and have some other way to access anything older?

Right now I have 10 GB's of files on my laptop and I am sure my desktop to. So I would much rather shrink that down as much as possible, if not then I can move the files to a none OS HDD, but with my laptop at least hard drive space is somewhat limited.

A:Gmail and outlook (2010) PST file size

Maybe the auto archive feature would help:
Description of the Auto Archive feature in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

P.S. It also refers to Outlook 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/248434-gmail-outlook-2010-pst-file-size.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hope I'm in the right forum. Have two Gmail IMAP email accounts and 4 pop email accounts in one pst file. Has been working fine.

Now pop account emails show up in sent folder as properly sent with time and date sent...they aren't going anywhere. Have sent tests to myself to no avail.

Also emails sent thru Gmail IMAP never make it to any sent folder in Outlook and I get an error message stating that the server will not allow sent emails to be placed in the Outlook sent folder.

If I go on Google and open Gmail, sent emails are in the sent folder.

Help

A:Windows 7 - OUTLOOK 2010 - Gmail IMAP

You'll need to provide exact configuration for each account, just the server stuff, not login or password.

As I understand it, you have two Gmail accounts set up to receive using the IMAP protocol. And you have four accounts using the POP3 protocol. Unfortunately you didn't specify the mail server (Yahoo, AOL, Gmail....) for those accounts.

IMAP does that - you should see the sent mail on Google. I'll check to see if there's and option to also store the sent mail locally (in Outlook). You could help by providing the exact msg that you get and any error codes.

Please also fill in your System Specs (there are lots of HP machines) - see the Easy System Specs in my sig?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236782-windows-7-outlook-2010-gmail-imap.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hello everyone. I am new here and this is my first post here.

I have been trying to configure outlook (2007) with my Gmail account but it is very frustrating. The folder locations are set to some strange location. I searched on the web for a tutorial or something but could not find anything that could help me properly setup outlook with gmail. What is also frustrating is that the labels do not work in outlook.

Then I learned about a 3rd party tool called gmail drive but it looks more like a virtual drive. Besides I could not set it up properly. Wanted to know if there is a tool out there which can allow me to solve the problem.

A:outlook 2007 and gmail account :(

Hi, I have my gmail coming through Outlook 2007, this article may help http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer....mp;answer=77689

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313014/outlook-2007-and-gmail-account/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have just set up a Gmail account and it works fine when accessed via the web. I tried all day to include it under my Outlook 2016 with no success. Imap is enabled under Gmail settings but I keep getting the following message when I test the account settings

'Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP) server failed.'

I have searched the web for a solution and have tried 993 and others for the port number and set SSL for the type of encrypted connection with no success.

Will someone please help me get my Gmail account set up under Win7 Outlook 2016?

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/396802-cannot-add-gmail-account-outlook-2016-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I dont recieve my emails at nite for some reason. I have gmail set up in outlook. How can I fix this? It is sending just not recieving.

A:Outlook Not Recieving ( Gmail Account`

Doublecheck and proofread every entry in the Gmail account. E-mail servers are extremely picky about even the minutest typo.
The "at night" phrase is confusing; can you get your E-mail if you manually ask for them?
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139593/outlook-not-recieving-gmail-account/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

I cannot remove my Windows Live email account so whenever I want to send email, I had to click on the "Gmail" tab first then compose email and I don't want this because it's somehow not efficient.

I use the default Windows 8.1 Mail client but I never used my Windows Live account.

Is there any ways to remove Windows Live email or at least make Gmail as the default email address on Windows Mail?

Thank you.

A:Change default email to Gmail on Windows Mail.

What email client are you using or are you using the email app?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/38175-change-default-email-gmail-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Out There --

Can someone please help me with this problem? I need to change the default email client in Windows 8 to Gmail in Chrome.

I thought that this would be an easy fix, but I have searched the Web, searched the forums, and cannot find anywhere that it tells me how to do this.

Besides the fact that I want all of my MAILTO links to use my Web based Gmail account, I need it to do so to make it work with OneNote.

In OneNote, when I try to send someone a page, it gives me an error message about Microsoft Outlook not being started or set up, and says to change it in Default Programs. I tried doing this, but my MAILTO links are all set to Google Chrome, which seems like it would work.

If anyone can help me, I would be truly grateful. Thank you for your kind consideration of my issue.

​~Antonio

A:How to change default email client to Gmail in Chrome

I use this extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gejhaepeopajdf

Gmail notifier also does the job:

Gmail Notifier

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/49289-how-change-default-email-client-gmail-chrome.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to set up my Gmail account in Outlook 2010 using IMAP. In previous versions of Outlook, when I hit "delete" in Outlook, the message left the ?Inbox,? but was still in the ?All Mail? folder (I believe it removed the label "Inbox" from the message). However, in Outlook 2010, the message is moved to ?Deleted Items? and is no longer in ?Inbox? or ?All Mail.? So there is no longer a copy archived to "All Mail." I have read the other posts concerning this issue, none of which work. If there is a solution, please help.

Jeremy

Operating system (e.g. WinXP): Win 7 Ultimate
Program and version you use to access Gmail (e.g. Internet Explorer 9 or Outlook 2003): Outlook 2010
Your antivirus software (e.g. Norton 2007): Kaspersky Interney Security 2012

A:Gmail IMAP and Outlook 2010 delete issue

No suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/211589-gmail-imap-outlook-2010-delete-issue.html
Relevancy 69.66%

in outlook 2010, i understand one can use a gmail account without actually opening up the gmail account, that is he can run the account from outlook, does that mean one can delete messages also, just like a regular account.
when i try to delete a message, it deletes it from the inbox of that gmail account in outlook 2010, but under the gmail folder it updates itself, and downloads it again, even after i delete it from the gmail folder also.

thanks.

A:deleting gmail emails from outlook 2010 folder

Hallo tapuz, you may have to sign into your gmail account and delete all your old messages.
From there select settings in the top RH corner
Then select Forwarding & pop/imap tab
In the pop download column go to option 2 and in the drop down box select delete gmails copy
Then select save changes.
This will stop gmail saving a copy once Outlook has downloaded it to your computer.
I hope this solves your problem, if not post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/52377-deleting-gmail-emails-outlook-2010-folder.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I currently have a (free) gmail account. I use Microsoft Outlook (2010) to manage emails. I have an iphone and ipad that are linked to my gmail account. What I am trying to figure out is how to sync Outlook with gmail and therefore my iphone/ipad. Email already syncs but not contacts. I tried to download Google Apps Sync but apparently need a paid google biz account. When I tried to sign up for this it set me up with a new email address which I do not want. Is there a simpler way to do this? My goal is to update a contact in Outlook and have it automatically sync to gmail and then my iphone/ipad. Thanks - Katie

A:What is the best way to sync my contacts in Outlook to gmail account?

Hello kcolbert and welcome to Seven Forums.

Would Google Sync work for you?

Google Sync

Here's some more info about syncing Outlook contact to Gmail:

Transfer contacts between Outlook and Google Gmail - Outlook - Office.com

Google Groups

And this paid (not-for-free) 3rd party app may be worth the money.

Fieldston Software - gSyncit - Sync Outlook and Google Calendars, Contacts, Notes and Tasks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/303439-what-best-way-sync-my-contacts-outlook-gmail-account.html
Relevancy 68.8%

As I have a couple of Gmail accounts I use Outlook to consolidate them together and use it for reading sending and archiving all my emails Until recently I have been able to manage my emails without problem but within the past few weeks I have run into problems sending emails using Outlook for my Gmail accounts Messages are stored in my Outbook but will not send This does problem sending Outlook Gmail 2010: messages Intermittent not happen all of the time only intermittently and even if I press the send receive button or reboot Outlook the messages remain in the outbox The only way I have managed to send them is to reboot my PC and then restart Outlook - then the Outlook 2010: Intermittent problem sending Gmail messages messages send automatically as they normally should do and the outbox is cleared However after a while and not on every Outlook session the messages do not send from Outlook unless I reboot my PC again I have checked Outlook 2010: Intermittent problem sending Gmail messages my email settings and as far as I can tell they are OK as they normally work Incoming mail server pop gmail com and port Outgoing mail server smtp gmail com and port and outgoing server set to require authentication I get no error messages - the emails just remain in the outbox until I reboot the PC Can anybody advise how I can resolve this issue Many thanks for your help

A:Outlook 2010: Intermittent problem sending Gmail messages

Not sure if related, but I am running Outlook 2007 on Windows 8 and have one Gmail and one Godaddy email account tied in (have had others in past but removed long ago), and I too am intermittently not able to get Outlook to send emails from my Outbox.

Normally, closing down Outlook and reopening it would solve the issue, but today I was completely stuck. I updated and rebooted my PC, and then after logging in and testing connection settings, it tests successfully, but the email never left the inbox.

I tried changing from outgoing port 587 to 465 but that resulted in it failing the test and then still not being able to send.

I changed back to 587 and restarted outlook and email is working again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/284763-outlook-2010-intermittent-problem-sending-gmail-messages.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I have downloaded Office Pro Plus from MSDN got my key after the st of May In Outlook SP receiving via IMAP from GMAIL worked okay Using exactly the same settings in IMAP Office Outlook - 2010 (gmail) doesn't work Outlook I am not able to make a connection to imap gmail com Port using SSL IMAP is enabled in GMAIL-Control panel the Account Password information is correct sending the test mail via smtp gmail com Port via TLS works fine In the Outlook Beta that connection works as it does in Outlook SP In Outlook Final from MSDN there is no chance to connect to the IMAP IMAP (gmail) doesn't work - Office Outlook 2010 server - I just got a timeout all the time and had to IMAP (gmail) doesn't work - Office Outlook 2010 use POP instead This disappoints me I anticipate more quality coming from Redmont Did you have any suggestions what I can do to receive my mail via IMAP any additional settings registry hacks etc Event the final Hotmail-Connector does not work as the beta or version in Outlook All time when synchronizing my mailboxes in Hotmail I receive an error message Error when synchronizing your Mailbox xxx hotmail com Check whether your account is configured correctly by checking your mail in the browser I did that several time - But without any changes to those warnings I think I receive all my mail After all I am disappointed Thanks for your comments different experiences Sincerly yours Oblomow P S I had to change to the german Office Pro Plus Package since the is no German spell checker included in the US version

A:IMAP (gmail) doesn't work - Office Outlook 2010

If I were you I'd delete all mail accounts and try again. My Gmail IMAP (SSL 993) works perfectly as does Hotmail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/84827-imap-gmail-doesnt-work-office-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been driven Outlook 2007 Gmail account cannot in send/receive mad for the last - weeks Been looking for so many Gmail account cannot send/receive in Outlook 2007 solutions but can't really find anything definitive out there The one thing I did find I got stuck and could not find any additional help on it Anyway's I have Vista Home Premium x and I was trying to hook up my Gmail account to Outlook It can neither send or recieve it goes to like Gmail account cannot send/receive in Outlook 2007 then gets the following error message quot Task quot lt username gt gmail com Receiving reported error x outlook cannot connect to your incoming POP e-email server I tried re-installs as what was recommended deleting the account checking the firewalls even turned the whole thing off to check but same problem I have checked the settings time and time again and they are correct pop gmail com smtp gmail com I have tried the Safe Networking Mode and it works but I need it to work in Normal mode I know many recommendations say debugging etc but wondering if there are any updates etc that I need to add or remove to make it work in normal mode Oh I have turned on the TELNET client and tried to telnet pop gmail com but kept getting the following error TELNET POP GMAIL COM CONNECTING TO POP GMAIL COM COULD NOT OPEN CONNECTION TO THE HOST ON PORT CONNECT FAILED Does the problem lie here I also tried to look for help on this but got really nothing I check to see how to open a port on the firewall but nothing definitive any help here I can ping pop gmail com and get the IP address which I have also tried which does not work I also ran TRACERT POP GMAIL COM it completes within the recommended hops and at the end I get quot Trace Complete quot and I don't see any weird errors This is all from my home I don't reckon it's anything to do with my provider since I can run my Gmail from XP using Oulook with no problems I guess its a Vista x thing Telnet opening the ports etc Any help is appreciated

A:Gmail account cannot send/receive in Outlook 2007

>>>>"Task" <username>@gmail.com Receiving reported error (0x80042108) outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-email server.

What do you use as your account type ?
IMAP or POP3 ?

If you are using IMAP, then your Incoming mail server is ....
imap.gmail.com, port #993
not
pop.gmail.com, port #995

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/290444-gmail-account-cannot-send-receive-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

After three hours or so of frustration and annoyance, it dawned on me that I have Google 2 tier verification turned on and then used the unique password to configure my Outlook POP3 account successfully.

When I attempted to add an IMAP account, however, I wasn't so lucky. It won't configure automatically (like Pop3 did) so I've gone to recommended manual settings, used the unique password, inserted the recommended port designations for incoming and smtp servers, but as soon as I attempt to initiate the account I get a popup window: The Requested Operation Failed.

I do want to use an IMAP account, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:Setting IMAP Gmail Account in Outlook 2007

have you set imap up in the online google account settings ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-imap-gmail-account-in-outlook-2007.1096466/
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear all, hello!

I have a PC with XP Pro SP3, office 2007 pro, AVG, and everything is updated.
I have 4 gmail accounts, and they are all syncronized with my PC (via outlook) and Iphone thru POP3.
On iphone everything is ok I send and receive with no problems.
On outlook, I stop receiving from just one of my accounts, but still can send. Can't figure out why

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Outlook stop receiving from one gmail account, but sends

lets continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/1036380-outlook-stop-receiving-one-gmail.html

please do not duplicate posts - thanks
closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-stop-receiving-from-one-gmail-account-but-sends.1036343/
Relevancy 68.37%

How can I use Microsoft Outlook 2007 to view my Gmail Account online at home?

A:How can I set up my Gmail Account to be opened through Microsoft Outlook 2007

Here ya go...........
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-set-up-my-gmail-account-to-be-opened-through-microsoft-outlook-2007.1001467/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have Outlook 2010 and Windows 7. If I Delete an item in Outlook it goes into Deleted in Outlook and gmail which is fine. However if I Shift Delete it does not go into Deleted but remains in All Mail in both gmail and Outlook and this seems incorrect.

Any thoughts?

Nick

A:Permanently deleting gmail items using Outlook 2010 Shift Delete

Why do you use Shift+Delete. I have never used it nor have I heard of it being used before. If Delete does what you want, just keep using it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/313103-permanently-deleting-gmail-items-using-outlook-2010-shift-delete.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I receive many inquiries through a B2B website. These inquiries are send to me by email. The sender's email address is the server from the B2B website.

I want to add these emails to my business contacts in BCM 2010 without linking and tracking the email address.

Then I want to link and track the email address that i filled in the email field of the business contact.

How should i do that?

A:BCM 2010: linking an email without tracking to an account

Does this help at all?
Getting Started with Outlook Business Contact Manager 2010 - How-To Geek

Quote:

Office Integration

Business Contact Manager isn?t just restricted to one part of Outlook; once you?ve got it installed, it?s fully integrated throughout the program. When you?re reading an email, you?ll see options to create a new record or add the email to an existing one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/184185-bcm-2010-linking-email-without-tracking-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I want to use Outlook as my primary email tool. WOuld prefer to not use gmail at all but my company email is set up under Google Apps. I confugured Outlook but when I launched outlook for the first time it brought over 2000+ emails into my inbox. I did this on 11/7/2012 and it brought over email from 4/10/2012-7/30/2012 and thats it. I have about 230 emails in my inbox on gmail apps, why does outlook not mirror my inbox from gmail? When i hit send/receive, it keeps adding 350+ new emails to my inbox but most are the same email 5 times and they are messages that I sent other people??? PLease help!

A:Gmail Apps email to Outlook 2007

Are you receiving through IMAP or POP3 ?
From what i understand you are seeing your own replies in the messages that you receive. Did you try changing to Conversation view in Outlook ?

Also make sure when you send mail through Outlook, the "Save copies of messages in Sent item folder" is unchecked in Outlook Options. This applies only if you see duplicate mails in Sent item folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gmail-apps-email-to-outlook-2007.1075828/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to send emails with backgrounds and text boxs in it from outlook. It works fine when opening in another outlook account but when i open it in gmail, the message is split up. first the text block, and then the image...instead of the text box being ontop of the background. also it seems as if the email is broken up and attached as seperate entities. the background is a file, and then all the text boxes are attached as .emz files. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS STOP? I work for a university and we are trying to make our emails more into news letters with a set image for background and text that can be edited before being sent out. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE IN ADVANCE!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/outlook-email-does-not-get-received-correctly-in-gmail-1055834.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have just reformatted primary harddrive and installed all software again I had no problems prior to formatting I am unable to send email via Outlook - i have a gmail account I am unable to send test email Advises to verify email address which is correct Have followed the instructions in send - email to in Outlook gmail Unable the following link - http www bleepingcomputer com forums t outlook- -gmailunable-to-send-mail I am running XP Version Build xpsp sp gdr - Service Pack Settings are Incoming mail server pop gmail comOutgoing mail server smtp gmail comIncoming Server - enabled this server requires a secure connection Outgoing Server - Enabled this server requires a secure connection Outgoing Server enabled my outgoing server requires authentication - enabled Use same settings as my incoming mail server I have tried turning off my firewall and also configuring Unable to send email in Outlook - gmail it to allow outgoing mail Zonealarm I have gone to Windows Update site and downloaded all updates until exhausted Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Unable to send email in Outlook - gmail

What ServicePack are you running with Outlook?

Not XP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329706/unable-to-send-email-in-outlook-gmail/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have been trying to export my email address from Outlook 2004 to Gmail. Gmail wants CSV or VCard files. The only way I can figure to export it is to a .pst file.

Maybe there is a way to do it that I don't know about?

A:Exporting Outlook email addresses to Gmail

I am using Outlook 2003 but this may work for you ...

1) Open up the Contacts section on the left side of the main Outlook screen

2) Click on File in the menu bar and select "Import and Export ..." from the drop down list. That should open an "Import and Export Wizard" dialog box

3) Select "Export to a file" as your action choice and click the "Next" button.

4) The wizard box will change to show a list of file type. Choose either Comma Separated Variables for DOS or Windows (not sure what the difference is) and click next.

5) You will then be able to chose which group of contacts you wish to export and click "Next".

6) Enter a file name you wish to use and browse to the location you wish to save and click Finish.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-outlook-email-addresses-to-gmail.879763/
Relevancy 66.65%

Today Outlook was updated so that you can now send email from Outlook but also send it from a non-Outlook account from the same inbox. Unless I misunderstood the story. Does anyone know how to set this up?

A:Ability for Outlook to send email from Gmail?

Login to your Outlook>>settings (the "gear" icon on top right)>>Your email accounts>> then choose either "add send-only account" or "add send-and-receive account" and add your gmail address.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/24538-ability-outlook-send-email-gmail.html
Relevancy 66.65%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 66.65%

I run numerous email accounts through my Outlook Express.

When I set up email in Act, Act does not ask me which account I want to use to set up and automatically uses an account I do not wish to use.

How can I change the email account recognized by ACT?

Thanks for your assistance.

A:ACT Email Account Change

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?
What OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-email-account-change.925134/
Relevancy 66.22%

I use Chrome for my browser. If I click on a mailto: link on a page, this calls Outlook. Now, I have Outlook as part of Office 2010, but I don't want to use it. Can I change this behavior so that a mailto: link will call Gmail?

A:[SOLVED] a mailto: link calls Outlook; how to change this to Gmail?

Hi koukishin ,

Try having a look at what I found here: Set Gmail as Your Browser's Default Email Client with a Simple Hack.

If that's not exactly what you're looking for, then you can find a whole bunch of other options by going to Google and typing 'how to make a mailto button default to gmail' into the Google search bar. Hopefully this will help you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/solved-a-mailto-link-calls-outlook-how-to-change-this-to-gmail-873530.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I want to change my email address in my microsoft account (pls see attached screenshot). My computer Acer XC - 603 is under that email on microsoft account. I want to change that to a completely new email microsoft account I just created and also including 'Acer XC - 603' under Devices.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61051-change-email-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm having a heck of a time changing my signature that others see when I send them mail. I've changed the account info but can't figure out where to go to change the sig. I have windows 7.
Any help will do, thanks
A newbie to the computer world..
Tony

A:Trying to change signature on email account that is sent to others

What's the email program you are using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/206080-trying-change-signature-email-account-sent-others.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

My friend's cheapo six year old computer died yesterday. Her son had an extra computer he's not using at the moment and he is giving it to her. It's running Windows 10, and when he set it up, he used his email and did that Microsoft account option.

Now, however, he wants to give that computer to her, but when she turns it on, she's going to see his emails on the email app, not hers. Is there a way to remove or change that Microsoft account? Can we change it to a "local" account, or at least change the email address? I am barely familiar with Windows 10, but I am pretty familiar with 8. However, I've never had an occasion to need to change the registered Microsoft account email or try to change it to a local account, so any suggestions would be welcome!

Relevancy 65.79%

I'm wanting to change the email address I use to log on to my system. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to back up all my files and move them over to a new account? Any help is appreciated. TYI
-Smallz

A:Want to change email address associated with MS account

Hello Smallz,

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the primary email address for your Microsoft account to do so.

Microsoft Account - Change Email Address in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53496-want-change-email-address-associated-ms-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am starting a new thread Last Outlook 2010 Account Default week I Outlook 2010 Default Account posted a complexsituation with captures attached of a serious issue with Outlook Before I started work Outlook 2010 Default Account I created Outlook 2010 Default Account a Acronis TIBimage and as I worked and degradation developed tweaking Outlook Ihad to repeatedly resort to that original image to get back to the originalstarting point I have managed to get Outlook working except for thisone issue Please look over the captures attached It deals with Brent s emailaccount listed in duplicate In my experiments I keep ending up with two accounts InControl Panel Mail Email tab is listed the working Brent email account Thataccount is not marked as Default Because in Mail Email Brent account is notmarked as default I have issues That working Brent account that not marked asDefault I can send and receive There are two Brent email accounts Two exact accounts -with a slight variable I have in Mail Emailthis account Brentetcetc etcetc com In Mail Data File I have this Brentetcetc etcetc com Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent If Brentetcetc etcetc comwere marked as Default I would have no issues with the Brent account Because the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentis marked as default that creates the problem And I cannot delete the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentaccount in Mail Data File If I could delete the Default Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent Iwould then be able to mark Brentetcetc etcetc comas Default I have spent days on this this Creating restore points creating new TIB files and so forth How I ended up with struggling with the two accounts isthis if I run NK edit to populate Outlook s contacts with a massive list ofdata I get the message that NK edit cannot find the Default email account Becausein Mail Email the account listed there is not marked as Default I have learned that if I delete the working email account from Data Files I fully and completelycompromise and corrupt the normal functionality of Outlook That I learnedby my previous experiments Brent canobviously work with Outlook I have instructed him to ignore Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent andto work only with Brentetcetc etcetc com Also I took a look at Regedit Outlook and thought I couldpossibly delete files that were unused I will attach this capture also One last comment in my journey I did a Outlook repair Thatdid not help I then did a uninstall of Office and reinstalled Office and Outlookended up with the two accounts Thanks for your attentions

A:Outlook 2010 Default Account

I rarely use the Control Panel > Mail and profiles when setting up Outlook as POP3 or IMAP. I just leave the profile as the default (Outlook I think.)

For POP3
Install and open Outlook. Continue without email support. It will create a default Outlook.pst in Documents > Outlook Files.
File > Open > Open Outlook Data File and open any and all my transferred .pst
File > Account settings > Data Files and assign the default to whichever I want
Close outlook and reopen with new data file as default.
Right-click the default Outlook file it created and close. Then I delete it.

Now I setup my POP accounts in Account settings email accounts making sure to point to my default pst as I like all mail coming into 1 inbox.

Have not had any issues doing it this way.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/392491-outlook-2010-default-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, I have had this problem several times and now I want to know what is causing the problem. In outlook you can add certain folder to your favorites so that they appear like short cuts at the top of the navigation window. But from time to time different imap short cuts don't appear and then I have to close and restart to get the short cuts to reappear.

Any ideas as to why?

A:Outlook 2010 and IMAP account

Also if you go to the inbox, if that is one in your favorites, and right click it gives you the option to remove from favorites even though it is not displayed. After removing and adding will also show them back at the top. But this is a pain in the back side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201539-outlook-2010-imap-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When I install my hotmail account into my Outlook 2010 I cannot have that account in my regular pst.

How can I solve that so that I have all my accounts just in one pst?
God bless

A:hotmail account and Outlook 2010

I don't think you can because hotmail is web based and outlook is pop3, so they have to be seperate

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/71035-hotmail-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi
I have several business email addresses. I have just created a new one, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.
It has its own folder into which email is delivered, but starting from there still doesn't help fix the problem.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 64.93%

I have 3 email accounts I use with thunderbird. How do you change the default account when composing messages? Quite frequently I forget to change the account I am using when composing and the email gets sent from the wrong account.

Figured it out - nevermind!

A:Change email account order in thunderbird

you can also change the From: address via the pull-down anytime prior to
clicking Send

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-email-account-order-in-thunderbird.88863/
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop and my phone seem to have different email accounts.
I would like them both to be my email I use for work.  But when I bought my Surface Pro 3 they had me set it up as an outlook email address and my phone as Google email address but I use my primary email which is different.  I get my emails on
both devices to my primary email.   Since I got my new phone my pictures have not uploaded to my Surface.  I keep syncing but they don't load to my one drive.  I think it's the discrepancy with my email address?

Sharon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/90ec9bbb-1bad-4aca-ac88-83b32c87ffca/how-do-i-change-my-email-address-on-my-onedrive-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 64.93%

I need to change my account email .. anybody can help me please ..

A:How to change admin. account email address

i just deal with it , thanks anyways

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4384-how-change-admin-account-email-address.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When I installed Windows 8.1 I miss typed the email account name, I typed name.man.co which dose not exist instead of name.msn.com.

Is the any way of change the email?

Walter

A:Change the email address of Windows 8.1 account

Yes you can in the setting > account

you can change your email there

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/68705-change-email-address-windows-8-1-account.html
Relevancy 64.93%

HP laptop with Windows 8.1 updated. I want to change my log in email and still keep everything I have in that account. Setting up an alias starts a new account and I would have to reinstall everything I already have installed. Is it possible to do to just change the email addie and keep everything?

A:How to change email account log in and save apps

Hello Terry, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to change the email address of your Microsoft account. It does use alias, but you do not reinstall everything.

Microsoft Account - Change Email Address in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/44302-how-change-email-account-log-save-apps.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Alright so my issue is that I set up my Microsoft to with associated account change How 10 user email Windows account How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account on How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account my Win laptop back when Win first released At the time it was associated with an older email account that I have since changed to a new gmail account I was able to go into my Microsoft account settings online and set the new email as an alias as well as the primary for the account My desktop the system How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account I am typing this on is on this account with the new gmail address attached to the user account as a Microsoft account My laptop however still shows my old email as the account name I contacted Microsoft directly and they connected to my laptop through a remote connection to try and fix it but they were unable to figure out how to change the account name I have since performed an in-place upgrade to refresh the Win install which prompted for my Microsoft account credentials I was able to connect successfully but the account name is still stuck on my old email address Under User settings in the control panel there is no option to simply change account name like the local accounts do and the OS is the home edition so I have no access to the group policy editor settings I have seen a few references to registry edits but I'd rather avoid messing with that because I realize changing the account name might mess up directory addresses since the 'user' directory is linked to account name Does anyone here have any suggestions Sorry for the wall of text this is kind of a tricky situation to explain plus trying to specify what I have already tried Thanks for any help

A:How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account

Step1: Switch your user account to Local Account (Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums).

Step 2: Switch your account back to MS Account using your Gmail address based MS account (Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums).

That's it, the issue should be resolved.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30111-how-change-email-associated-windows-10-user-account.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I originally setup my onedrive account with my company email address. Since this is really a personal OneDrive account I want to change the email address associated with it. How can I change it without losing the content online or having to re-upload it?
Also I need to remove any references to my company email account from the microsoft system so I don't have conflicts when my company moves to Office 365. 

Thanks,
Patrick

A:Change email address on OneDrive account

PL
Unfortunately Onedrive is tied to the email address and it cannot be changed, merged, etcWanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5b173e74-aa40-48f3-9fd2-3c55649e91c7/change-email-address-on-onedrive-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 64.93%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
I've had Outlook 2010 installed for over two years on my laptop and everything has worked great.

The other day, I tried to set up a new email account and when the wizard appeared, it didn't give me the choice for MANUAL setup. I then realized that the window for the wizard was not showing all the words... the sentences ran past the viewing window and outside where I could not see, which is where the manual set up button was "below". There are no scroll bars or a way to adjust the wizard and I even tried playing with my display settings which did not work either.

I did find a work around that got my email set up but I couldn't go into advanced settings to adjust ports because of the same issue. I've looked everywhere for a fix and haven't been able to find anything... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-no-manual-account-setup.1112246/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have multiple accounts in outlook 2010 and recently changed them from POP to IMAP so they synch. automatically with other devices. But I can't delete the original account (the primary account). What I would like to do is delete the original POP email primary account and its data files, designate another account as the primary and re-load the old primary as a new IMAP account with a new set of data files. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-primary-account-in-outlook-2010.1169998/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.5%

For some reason, I am experiencing a very long delay receiving gmail in Outlook Express. I double-checked all of the settings, and pop access is enabled in gmail.

After trying for a while, and I went in and changed the setting to receive "all email" (vs. email from this point on), and of course I got all of the email that I had not received yet. However, when I tried sending and an email to myself, and then tried retrieving it via Outlook Express, no luck, even though it had already arrived in my gmail account.

Any ideas?

A:Experiencing long delay receiving gmail email via Outlook Express

Have You tried using IMAP in stead of POP. I was getting my Gmail on my Palm phone and I believe I have had better luck using IMAP. But Google has a email client for mobile phones so I just use that now. It also works pretty well using Blazer or Safari web browsers to read my google email. Of course I am not a big fan of Outlook Express.

What is wrong with just using the Web Interface? I haven't ever used any client since Eudora. As soon as I was able to store and view my email anywhere in the world I stopped using Fat Clients on my pc to view my mail. Web has been the way for me for a while. I don't even install any IM clients on my PC anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/experiencing-long-delay-receiving-gmail-email-via-outlook-express.710582/
Relevancy 64.5%

As above or how do I reset my user info.

A:How do I change my email address linked to my user account

Is there an answer for this already?

I installed Win8 and set it up with a trash account. This account is now my admin account. How can I get rid of it and use a real @live address for my admin account?

Thanks guys

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/4128-how-do-i-change-my-email-address-linked-my-user-account.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I could really use some help please. I had an Outlook 2010 account as a contracted person with the UN and they killed the account and decided to use a gmail account (I have no idea why!). I would like to get all my emails (folders too if possible) on, say, a USB stick and then put it on my new work computer.

I tried the Export function but you need to sign in and the account doesn't work. So, can I copy the outlook.pst file or even all of the .pst files and then open them somehow in another computer with Outlook?

I don't want to use these anymore to contact or respond, I just want to have the messages and the addresses of the people who sent them to me and my outgoing messages and conversations too.

So what can I do here?

Thanks a lot!

A:retrieve emails from a dead Outlook 2010 account....please

Yes you can point your Outlook data file to the pst you have. As long as your Outlook version is the same or higher.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313078-retrieve-emails-dead-outlook-2010-account-please.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I went to file / options / mail / stationary and changed the font to arial / 11 both in new messages and replay. The font is so small, I can hardly see it. What am I doing wrong that it won't remember the font size?

Thanks

A:change font in outlook 2010

The default is greyed out, how do I get it to be "ungreyed", this would do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-font-in-outlook-2010.1097602/
Relevancy 64.07%

Message says: "Failure to confirm your continued membership will lead to service suspension."

A search of these forums and a search engine search did not find any references. Neither did a search of gmail help.

A:Solved: Gmail "account maintenance service" email a scam?

It's most likely a scam.

Found this in the first page of results, doing a Google search for Gmail "account maintenance service" :
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/sO207XkKras

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gmail-account-maintenance-service-email-a-scam.1123305/
Relevancy 64.07%

When I select 'New Email' (to create a new e-mail) or "Reply" the template does not come up on the screen.

When I go to the task bar I can see the templates but they won't appear on the screen.

Please help!

George Forsa
number removed

A:Outlook 2010 New Email

Hi,

Can you take a screen capture of what you are seeing, and then post it here?

Thanks,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183035-outlook-2010-new-email.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Outlook 2010 on two PCs and use the Hotmail Connector to synchronise my contacts with my Microsoft Account (people.live.com).

I can create/delete contacts on any PC and at the web page at people.live.com and these will synchronise across all accounts. However, if I change details of an existing contact on the PC e.g. change the phone number) then this is not synchronised. If I change the details on the web page at people.live.com then the PCs do get updated. Has anyone any advise how to troubleshoot this problem to ensure that changes to contact details in Outlook 2010 are synchronised correctly across all accounts?

A:Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account

I think it is a matter of how quickly, or how slowly in this case, the system recognizes the change.

Suggestion only.
After making the change as you described, give it a few hours then check if the change has been synchronised.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41667-outlook-2010-not-synchronising-new-details-ms-people-live-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I was having a problem where outlook was not syncing my sent mail past last week.

so I deleted my email address account and wanted to start again and change settings from pop3 to imap

When I deleted the account I found I could not fully remove it from the side pane as it was set as the default email address.

I then decided to re add the same email address in the hopes that I could use the new one as default and delete the old one

Now I am still stuck with the same email address that I could not remove from before and I am having a new problem where the sent mail will not sync from today

I have uninstalled office and re installed it but the address is still saved somehow?

any help would be greatly appreciated

A:How to delete all account information from outlook 2010 an start fresh

Try this. Open Control Panel, select the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2010), when that opens select Email Accounts, that will then open your email accounts & you will see that you can remove accounts, reset the default account & set up a new email account, as you can than follow through from here to set up all the details for a new account.

All Outlook account details are stored in your Documents Library under Outlook Files & are stored in .pst format & can only be accessed from within Outlook & any changes can be done as I mentioned above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/383969-how-delete-all-account-information-outlook-2010-start-fresh.html
Relevancy 63.64%

How can I re-index Outlook 2010?

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with outlook 2010 retrieving my work email ( exchange)

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

I followed the instruction in the ink below :

How to Fix Outlook 2007 and 2010 Search problems | MS Outlook for Business

But still I am having same issue

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 exchange account ,,,,search not working proparly

Hi there ... Your Indexing must not be complete .. Read the Link below ...
Outlook search returns No matches found

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/312745-outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

A:How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I solved it! One complication was that my Microsoft email address is personalised and doesn't end in .outlook.com. The procedure is:

Uninstall the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this no longer works.If your MS Outlook email address doesn't end in .outlook.com then you need to create an email alias online in your MS account which does end in .outlook.comAdd a new account using the account wizard using your MS Outlook email address ending in .outlook.com (which can be an alias)The account should configure quite quickly. You then have to restart Outlook 2010 and it will download and synchronise all emails, contacts etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63670-how-synch-outlook-2010-mail-contacts-microsoft-account.html