Windows Support Forum

MS Outlook 2003 - Default email

Q: MS Outlook 2003 - Default email

Am trying -using 7zip- to compress & email but unable to do so as Outlook is not my default. Apparently Live Mail is.

How can I change please?

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MS Outlook 2003 - Default email

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: MS Outlook 2003 - Default email

One of the following links should help:
Set Outlook 2003 as default mail client in Windows 2007 - Microsoft Community
Outlook -> Tools -> Options -> Other tab -> Check 'Make Outlook the
default program'

Also:
Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/259141-ms-outlook-2003-default-email.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 83.85%

I have several email addresses stored in Outlook and my main address is selected as the default.

When I create a new message, the default address is used. However, when I reply to a message or forward a message, it alternates between my different email addresses and I have to manually change it to send from my regular email address, which is annoying.

I can't find anything in the Help section on how to fix this and there don't seem to be any settings to override this.

I can't even seem to create a new Rule to automatically send from my regular email address (but shouldn't have to do that anyway).

Any ideas??????

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there,

I am using Outlook 2003 and I have many contacts that have multiple email addresses and I can not seem to find the option to allow me to specify which email address is the default for my contacts that have more than one email address.

Any help is appreciated.

RGDS & TIA

Curtis M.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-set-a-contacts-default-email-address.354130/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I have what I hope is a temporary change Outlook not email default Can in address 2003 Microsoft need to change my default quot from quot email address I Can not change default email address in Microsoft Outlook 2003 have changed it from say aaa to bbb using tools email change emailaddress and also rest the quot more settings reply email facility so replies go to my new email address too I have set the bbb as my default email account using tools email set as default Here is the Can not change default email address in Microsoft Outlook 2003 problem when I create quot new quot emails it correctly uses the new quot bbb quot email address as my from address All seems to be OK BUT IF I receive a reply to this email that I sent that was sent out with my bbb email address and THEN I try to REPLY to it - the reply email now shows at the top quot this email will be sent via aaa quot - rather than the bbb I want it too I hope I have explained it clearly - and you can see the frustration of the outloook programme It is as though outlook simply refuses to recognise the new default email account I have set up Frustrating to say the least - any technical help appreciated Cheers Mike nbsp

A:Can not change default email address in Microsoft Outlook 2003

By any chance do the bbb e-mail account settings in Outlook show your aaa address as a "Reply to" address? The entry can be found in "More settings ... -> General Tab" when the bbb account is open for editing.

I don't have any other suggestions other than that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-change-default-email-address-in-microsoft-outlook-2003.738977/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I just got new computer with Vista 32-bit OS.

I use Outlook 2003 for my business email(I just use Outlook for sending/receiving email) and Windows Mail for my personal email. I sometimes send merged email to my customers using Word 2003 and Excel 2003. I made Outlook 2003 the default program so that I could send merged email through my account in Outlook. The computer did come with MS Office 2007, but I had to reinstall Vista because of a different issue -- now even if I make Outlook the default program, the email goes from my Windows mail account, not from Outlook.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

A:Solved: I want to make Outlook 2003 the default email program

Go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Default Programs, then Set your Default programs.

There you should get a list of installed programs, you can select the program you want to be the default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-want-to-make-outlook-2003-the-default-email-program.837134/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 67.08%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 66.22%

How do I make Microsoft Outlook the default email program? I make the change in IE version 5, but when I reboot the system (Win 98), Outlook Express is once again selected as the default email program.

I read in a previous post about using the following sequence for making Outlook Express the default. Is there anything similar for Microsoft Outlook? :
------------------------------------------------------
To make Outlook Express your default e-mail client:
Close OE, click Start/Run and enter this command line, complete with quotes, spaces and the /reg switch:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much,
Dan

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi

My underline button is on by default in Outlook 2003 in the html format.
Even when i do cltr+u on it it is disabled but after sending the mail all the text stays underlined.Please help?

A:Underline on by default in outlook 2003

My underline button is on by default in Outlook 2003 in the html format.
Even when i do cltr+u on it it is disabled but after sending the mail all the text stays underlined.Please help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/underline-on-by-default-in-outlook-2003.629934/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All,

I have uninstalled Thunderbird & installed Outlook 2003, How to make it default email client?
As I cannot see it in default program list.

Can Any body Pls help? Thanks in advance...........

http://www.vistax64.com/software/214718-how-make-outlook-2003-default.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 64.5%

Does anyone know if you can change the default calendar in OL03?

I have an iphone and signed up for mobile be (which could be very cool if it ever works right) and I'm having an awful time syncing calendars... iphone recognizes a lot of calendars and outlook can see all of them, too but does not combine them.

so I figured out that I can change all the entries to HOME and then I can see one month view on outlook, but it's a PITA having to navigate to the HOME calendar from the default one.

As I write this, I see I probably should have asked before I did all this work whether or not there is a way to combine multiple calendars in Outlook???

thanks,

tom

A:Outlook 2003 - change default calendar???

I think this answers your question about merging 2 calendars in Outlook:
http://outlook-tips.net/cs/blogs/outlooktips/archive/2007/09/06/690.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-change-default-calendar.733378/
Relevancy 64.5%

Under "My Calendars" I have "Calendar (2)" which leads me to believe somehow I have duplicated my default calendar.

Is there a way to delete the duplicate? or is this even what the problem is?

Hopefully easy question for Outlook mavens ...

A:Duplicate default calendar in Outlook 2003

Hi glbcpa

Right click on the duplicate calendar, if the option Delete "Calendar 2" is enabled then you can simply delete the extra calendar.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/duplicate-default-calendar-in-outlook-2003.706464/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am having to send my piece-o-crap HP HDX laptop back to HP, again, for repair. I have my Outlook 2007 pst backup file that I now need to add to my desktop, which uses Outlook 2003.

I went to Tools, Email Accounts to change default file, but not changing it. Not sure exactly what I need to do. Can someone please send me the exact steps to have my Outlook 2007 pst file added to 2003 as my default?

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey All..I'm new here and I have a question:

OK, whenever I find a site I like it has and email addy to use, my bleeping computer brings up Outlook email box and I don't like Outlook, and no matter what i do, and I have unchecked every box in Outlook, well, it still brings up Outlook..Please Help me if you can..

Thanks in Advance,
walkingeart

A:Can't get Outlook email off default???

hi,,,, click on start orb,,, click on control panel make sure your in classic view in control panel,,, (top left) click on default programs,, click select your default programs,, select your email client you want to use and set it as default,,, click ok and close all windows,,,,
good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276487/cant-get-outlook-email-off-default/
Relevancy 63.64%

OK, I have Windows XP Home and I would like to get Outlook not to be my email client when I click on someones email in a webpage..When I click on one now it brings my Outlook addy up..I don't want that..I'd like the option to use my email address..I've tried to go into the control panel and change the default there..It wouldn't let me choose but a few Microsoft emails and wouldn't let me Uncheck Outlook..Can anybody Help Me?? any advice on how to do this if it can be done..If not, I'd like to know I can't..I would think there's a way..Thanks in Advance'

A:need to get Outlook off as default email..

You should be able to go straight to the required mail program and just make it the default.

Otherwise, open Outlook:

Tools / Options / Other / General - uncheck 'make Outlook the default program', etc / apply / OK.

You then set the email default handler in the email program which you wish to use.
For example, if you wanted to use Outlook Express, you would open Outlook Express,
select Tools / Options and at the bottom of the box, where it says: 'Default messaging Programs',
you have the option to make the email and news programs your default.

Depends on which mail program you want to use, you generally find the relevant command in 'Tools' or 'Options' or 'preferences'.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277084/need-to-get-outlook-off-as-default-email/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm having a wonderful problem..

Basically, I have outlook 2003. I have a default account setup. It says it's using the default account when I send the message. I even select that account - but outlook still randomly picks another account to sent the e-mail with. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

A:Outlook 2003: Sends e-mails using other accounts besides default

I found the issue.. turns out login to smtp server was turned off so it defaulted to the only account that was actually sending e-mails.. instead of giving me an error (THX OUTLOOK FOR DECIDING WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN WITH MY E-MAIL LUV YA MICROSOFT)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sends-e-mails-using-other-accounts-besides-default.283436/
Relevancy 63.64%

A user has created lots of personal folders. Some of these folders when selected are showing as 'There are no items to show in this view' even though at the bottom left of the screen it says that it contains eg. 30 items.

These folders are sorting by default to 'by flag' even though the user does not use flags. If he chooses to change the sort manually to 'by From date' or any other field, the messages then show as normal.

The user would like to set a default sort order for all existing and any newly created folders. Is this possible?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2003-default-sort-order-on-folders.412689/
Relevancy 63.64%

Well outlook settings 2003 With in ...change default Open to I am using the windows vista bit operating system I have searched the Internet to find a fix to my problem Originally I was Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 having trouble opening Outlook and receiving the quot unable to open the default folder error quot Well I still have the same problem but it seems I created more problems Therefore I need the help of someone more knowledgeable than myself In my infinite wisdom I thought that by Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 changing the open with setting of the folders outlook would work I clicked on the file right clicked on properties and decided to open the file folders by changing the default settings of my pst outllook folders to just outlook Now the Microsoft multicolored icon Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 next to the folders changed and everytime I incur an outlook folder the Microsoft multicolored icon is gone I went back in and tried to change them back to the original settings but I can t seem to find the program to use In addition I have used outlook tools scanpst to save my sanity I will not attempt the registry fix tried the detect and repair created a new username lost the original username found it and redirected to the original outlook folder associated the default outlook folder to the new username as you can see I have tried several steps which has probably been a huge mistake Therefore First can anyone help me get the quot open with quot settings for the Outlook pst files back to normal When you go to Docs amp Settings user local programs outlook They used to read outlook or outlook with a Microsoft multicolored symbol in front of them now the pst is next to the file and there is no Microsoft multcolored symbol Can you help me return it to the default settings so the pst is gone and the symbol is back with just the word outlook next to it Secondly can you help me with the quot unable to open the default settings quot error I need a fairly simple fix so I can recover all the information in the Outlook pst folder If I have to remove Outlook and reinstall it can I just create a new username and point the new user to the old original pst folder Will this fix my problem Thanks for the help Stoe nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I am a single person running Outlook on my home laptop. I do not use Microsoft Exchange Server.

I have a custom contact form that I use for all new contacts.

I have saved it as the default form in my Contacts Folder and all new contacts successfully use that form.

The problem is I cannot modify edit or change that default form. Every time I make a change and try to save the updated form as the default contact form, Outlook keeps calling up the old form.

I have read everything I can find to solve the problem but nothing seems to work.

I suspect that there is a copy of the original form that I may have saved in a different folder somewhere that Outlook keeps accssing but I cannot find it.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-help-i-cannot-edit-default-contact-form.1056779/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Office Basic Edition installed on Windows Home Premium From within Outlook I have set Outlook to be my default email as set how Win7 do client Outlook default you 2003 mail program yet clicking on how do you set Outlook 2003 as Win7 default mail client any email link through Internet Explorer or any other program brings up Windows Live Mail which I do not wish to use From within Word if I opt to send a document by using 'File-Send To-Mail Recipient' then it does use Outlook this is the only instance I have discovered of it obeying my command But if I use 'File-Send To-Mail Recipient as Attachment ' which I use far more often then again it defaults to Windows Live Mail If I access the Default Programs menu in Win it does not offer Outlook as a choice to make my default email program even though the program is fully installed and is running in all other respects without any glitches If from within Default Programs I highlight Windows Live Mail and try to 'Choose defaults for this program' it does not allow me to deselect associations for the program so I cannot deactivate Windows Live Mail either Has anyone found a way around this problem or has Microsoft decided to force its customers into using Windows Live Mail as a default email client thereby making it impossible to work with another email program that functions with full default email functionality I have found a few threads about the problem but no answers to date There must be someone out there who has worked out a solution Has anyone tried uninstalling Windows Live Mail to see if that makes a difference

A:how do you set Outlook 2003 as Win7 default mail client

Hi ralphmurmegen! Welcome to SevenForums.

Just to double check that you have followed the following procedure:

Click Start.
Type "default programs" in the Start Search box.
Click Default Programs under Programs in the search results.
Now click Set your default programs.
Highlight Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook on the left.
Click Set this program as default.
Click OK.
Are you saying that "Outlook" does not appear under the "Program" list on the left?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/57814-how-do-you-set-outlook-2003-win7-default-mail-client.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys,
im new on here, i found your site while searching for another problem, which i obviously found the solution for here.

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure this one out. I'm on a company network (exchange server), where i have my contacts in a public folder. However when i receive an email, and i right click and press add to contacts, it automatically adds it to my personal contactlist and not the one in the public folders. Is there any way to change the default save-to address book?

hope you guys can help

p.s i realise that you can either drag it, or instead click file/move to and so on, however as i add quite a lot of contacts it would be nice if it was done automatically

A:Outlook 2003: default save-to address book

1. On your standard tool bar select the Address Book Icon
2. Select Tools on the dialog box that appears
3. Select Options from the drop Down Menu
4. Chage the option for "Keep Personal addresses Here"

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-default-save-to-address-book.640493/
Relevancy 63.64%

Member of staff wants to change his default Outlook calendar to that of another whose calendar is used as the office-wide calendar.

In play: Microsoft XP Exchange Server

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-your-default-calendar-on-outlook-2003-version.964518/
Relevancy 63.21%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 63.21%

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
I cant seem to find a fix for this. Hope you can help. I have a friend that I was helping over the phone installed Office XP on thier Windows XP SP2 machine. They had Office 97 and was having trouble with Outlook Express 6 spell check. I found a posting that said Office 97 didn't like XP SP2. So I had them uninstall Office 97 then install Office XP.
They normally use Outlook express 6 as their default email account. When we went to Internet Prop. to change Email default to Outlook Express there is no drop down. I had them do SP3 for Office XP but still didn't help. Trust me I have tried to switch them to Outlook but they won't do it. They are use to Outlook Express and some old dogs you just can't teach new tricks.
Does anyone know of a fix.
Thanks,
Jackie

A:Outlook Express 6 as the default email

They are running windows XP, do you know how they have the PC set up? do they have it setup for users or just a single person???? Otherwise, if I am understanding you correctly you are tyying to set the default mail in IE. You should just be able to go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Programs tab, and it should be listed there....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4988/outlook-express-6-as-the-default-email/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I am using Windows XP I just tried 2003 new folders doesn't data have Outlook file default to create a new outlook data file Outlook and it was successful except for the fact that instead of the usual set of default folders it only has folders in it the quot Deleted Items quot and quot Search Folders quot Nothing else In the past when I have created a new pst file it has always Outlook 2003 new data file doesn't have default folders had the usual default folders in it Calendar Contacts Deleted Items Drafts Inbox Journal Junk Email Notes Outbox Sent Items Tasks Search Folders I have done a quot Detect and Repair quot on Outlook which it completed successfully but with no changes to this problem Googling the issue has yielded no results either so since I have frequently found answers to my problems on this forum I am trying you guys to see if anyone might be able to help me learn what the trouble is here Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 new data file doesn't have default folders

Hi SomePerson
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

That is normal, when the Personal Folders (.pst file) becomes the Default Delivery Location, it will then take on the Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items etc., folders.

Are you planning on using the new Personal Folders for storage?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-new-data-file-doesnt-have-default-folders.796446/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am running Office 2003 and Windows 7.
On trying to open Outlook I get the following error message "unable to open your default e mail folders. the information store could not be opened". This is a new fault. The system was previously working. Problems started when I replaced the outlook.pst file with info from another computer. However I did a recovery and it started to work again with the new outlook.pst. However it has now gone back to the above referenced error message.
I have run scanpst on the outlook.pst file but it comes back with no faults. I have removed Office 2003 and re-installed but all to no avail.

Anyone any ideas.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I run Outlook on my home laptop. I do not use Microsoft Exchange Server.

I have a custom contact form that I use for all new contacts.

I have saved it as the default form in my Contacts Folder and all new contacts successfully use that form.

Unfortunately, I cannot modify edit or change that default form.

Every time I make a change and try to save the updated form as the default contact form, Outlook keeps calling up the old form.

I have read everything I can find to solve the problem but nothing seems to work.

I suspect that there is a copy of the original form that I may have saved in a different folder somewhere that Outlook keeps accssing but I cannot find it.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-making-custom-contact-form-the-default.1057187/
Relevancy 62.35%

Outlook checks on several email accounts for me at one time I have email Outlook sending???? check default before selected a default email to send emails with but if I am in another email accounts folder it sends them from that accounts email address This means that if I forget to check what account I am in I can end up sending emails from a few different email Outlook default email check before sending???? addresses I have I end up getting replies to emails in the wrong inbox because they reply to the email I sent the original message from Is there anyway to get Outlook to query me about emails I send that are not from the default account So if I wasn t in the default account Outlook would ask me if I really wanted to send it from whatever account I am in Outlook default email check before sending???? Hopefully that would prompt me Outlook default email check before sending???? to switch to the proper account I just emailed my boss from my admin account on a blog I own I wish I hadn t done that because now she might ask me about it Even worse she may want to get involved with my work on it nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a very nice database which allows me to run a community theater box office very efficiently (and for which I got incredible help from this group), including the generating of email for various purposes. I am now adding pay pal invoicing, and as a result have established a new email address specifically for dealing with pay pal. However, I do everything from my home computer so I would like to keep my personal email address as the default.

Right now, when I generate a theater email I have to manually select the theater email address as the account to use. I'm wondering if there is a way for me to set the email address from which to send in the vba.

Relevancy 62.35%

Outlook does not appear in the program list when I try to set it as my default email program. I'm not interested in setting up a Windows Live account. All I want to do is be able to send emails from links in Internet Explorer 8. Whenever I try to do that, I get a message saying something about my email program is not properly installed. Now, I am using and have been using Outlook and it is properly installed as far as I can see. These are all MS programs, what gives?

A:Setting Outlook as default email program

Quote: Originally Posted by is14fun

Outlook does not appear in the program list when I try to set it as my default email program. I'm not interested in setting up a Windows Live account. All I want to do is be able to send emails from links in Internet Explorer 8. Whenever I try to do that, I get a message saying something about my email program is not properly installed. Now, I am using and have been using Outlook and it is properly installed as far as I can see. These are all MS programs, what gives?

First try using Microsoft Upgrade Advisor, to uncover any incompatibility issues that may be causing the problem. If none are discovered, try uninstalling and then installing again.
I would also check the email setting in your Anti Virus. Most Anti Virus appl. verify that incomming email does not contain a virus. This may be part of the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/44320-setting-outlook-default-email-program.html
Relevancy 62.35%

start>control panel>default programs

Chose default email program:

I go here and i wanna change to Microsoft Office outlok and I press ok.
When I open again it's back on use my curenty email program. So I can not change that.

And when i go to acrobat reader to sen a file it says like U don't have any default email program....

Thx in advance

A:Cannot set Outlook Express as default email program

When you select set default programs, click on Microsoft Office Outlook, and then click on choose defaults for this program, are any of the options selected? Specifically, look under protocols and see if MAILTO is checked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/32999-cannot-set-outlook-express-default-email-program.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been using Monster.Com and lately when I try to send an email to someone the computer tells me it cannot locate microsoft express. I know it is loaded as I am able to check my emails and it is in my stall/uninstall file. Someone said I have to fix my registry??? Can anyone help. Think I created this problem by loading then unloading Microsoft Office 97.

Thank You

Relevancy 62.35%

hi i have outlook express and i have noticed that i never get anything in the in box...whereas b4 i usedto have to clear the inbox cos it was full of junk mail..i have recently had bother with my computer and had to have it wiped clean as i had viruses in the system and since i have had it back i am not able to use internet explorer as hotmail is my defaul email. before my problems i was able to use both .but mainly hotmail. can any one help and explain in easy to follow instructions how to get both of them working like i had b 4..i am using xp as my o/s... many thanks

A:outlook express isnt default email

You will need to configure Outlook Express to recieve your email. Go to Tools>Accounts and under the Mail tab click Add>Mail and follow the prompts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28138/outlook-express-isnt-default-email/
Relevancy 62.35%

OK, when I open a folder of pictures, I select them, right click and choose SEND TO> MAIL RECIPIENT, it resizes the pics but I do not get a new email window popping up with the reduced pics attached. I'm pretty sure MS Outlook is configured as my default email program in the control panel so why isn't it working?

Relevancy 62.35%

Ok, I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own.  I need help - and a 12-step program won't cut it.  Here's the story as concisely as I can explain it:

I use Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) for bookkeeping.  I need to be able to email invoices from Sage.  Sage tells me I need a MAPI compatible email program.  So I created an Outlook account cuz Outlook's like the Queen of MAPI stuff.  I have sent about 9000 test emails from the accounting program and not one of 'em has ended up in my Rogers.com email account.  Don't know where the emails went cuz neither Sage nor Rogers is talking.  Can somebody please tell me how the high holy hell I get this accomplished?

A:Set default for an Outlook email account in Windows 8

I believe You need to have Outlook installed.
When You say I created an Outlook account do You mean within Outlook or do you mean outlook.com the online email service?

Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490356/set-default-for-an-outlook-email-account-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 62.35%

HELP! changed email hosting servers so had to make changes in accounts.....now emails, and copies are going to all wrong personal folder inboxes...any suggestions? THX

Relevancy 62.35%

Just started to set up Outlook. Have entered two email addresses. Mine and my wife.
Imported addresses & folders from OE. Some folders have different names in each email address. Everything from my email folders has been duplicated under wife (she had no files) where the folders are the same name ie inbox, deleted files, etc . When a new email arrives it goes to both. When I delete, it deletes from both. Suggestions please.

A:outlook 2003 - email

Have you set up two completely different Profiles with completely different data files in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email.430011/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just starte using Outlook 2003.
I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail email account.
When I send a message to myself at either address, the email only goes to the Outbox and some time later I get messages such as:

< Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. ' >

What may be wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

Amarysio

Relevancy 61.92%

When I respond to a "contact us" on a website or want my scanner to send the document by email, Outlook email is automatically chosen for the email program to send it. I don't use Outlook as an email program but use Hotmail or Yahoo for email. I have looked for a way to de-select Outlook and select Hotmail or Yahoo instead, and have not found where this can be done. Any suggestions out there on how this can be accomplished? TIA! Dick

A:Change my default email program from Outlook to Hotmail

I would think the easiest way would be via Start>Default Programs>Set your default programs.

You haven't said which version of Outlook you're using, but in Outlook 2010 you can change it under Options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179278-change-my-default-email-program-outlook-hotmail.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Am beginning to wonder if Microsoft ever launch a product that works with other Microsoft products First all the recognised email Outlook default 2013 as client not browsers no matter where stopped working in windows I tried command prompt as admin netsh winsock r worked on st computer running win that the browsers failed on but this had no effect so I did a clean boot which seems to have resolved this issue nd computer Outlook 2013 not recognised as default email client with win on that the browsers stop working but internet running fine on them Before this was done all of sudden outlook decided when starting to display the message Either there is no default mail client or the current client cannot fulfill the messaging request Please run Microsoft outlook and set it as the default mail client Now this I have done in all areas outlook control panel and internet options within the IE browser But nothing changes and they were all set as default anyway Anyone have any idea why this happening and if there is a fix as I am getting to the point where I am beginning to despair with win and outlook respectively and recommend roll backs till they get their act together and sort them out

A:Outlook 2013 not recognised as default email client

Have you tried using Default Programs to set it?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/22874-outlook-2013-not-recognised-default-email-client.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am having a problem with some PC and the email. Some are default to outlook express and some are defaulting to outlook. All of them should be outlook. Is there a policy or a script that i can run to have all PC use outlook as the default email client. I Have 2003 server w/exchange and PC's with Both XP and 98.

A:Solved: Setting outlook as default email client

The setting is in Outlook under Tools>Options>Other>"Make Outlook the default..." check box. Depending on your setup you can use Group Policy to set this globally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-setting-outlook-as-default-email-client.406350/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am running Windows Home Premium bit program email Windows Outlook make the default Cannot 7: I moved my MS Office XP Pro from my old XP Pro machine to my new computer using laplink PC Mover My MS Office is about years old and I can t find the discs All programs and the key moved and all programs work as before except I have manually associated Word with doc files and Excel with xls files No Office programs appear when I try to set the default Windows 7: Cannot make Outlook the default email program programs from the start menu and I cannot set Outlook as the default program for email contacts and calendar Without outlook set as the default I cannot sync my calendar with my iPhone using iTunes In Outllook gt Tools gt Options gt Other in the General block I have checked quot Make Outllook the default program for E-mail Contacts and Calendar After restart the other program Forte Agent still remains the email default In Forte Agent I have unchecked the block in the Default Program Settings quot Automatically reeestablish these defaut settings when starting Agent quot As in Vista there is no way to quot remove quot Agent as the default other than making another program the default In Windows Start gt Default Programs gt Associate a file type or protocol with a program the quot MAILTO quot protocol current program is Forte Agent When I click the quot Change program quot button Forte Agent is the only program listed and there is no button for other programs or browse I suspect I ll need to go into the registry applications and put in the Outlook exe location but I m not sure how do do that if that s the answer Registry is backed up and ready if that is the solution How can I make Outlook the default program for E-mail Contacts and Calendar I need Outlook as the default so my calendar will sync with my iPhone nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey Folks,

Client opens Word 2003 and it is in Print View, but when he opens a Word 2003 attachment in Outlook 2003 it will always default to the reading pane view. How do I change the default view for the Word 2003 document when opening from Outlook.

Thanks everyone!

Peace

A:Solved: Change Default View (Word 2003) when opening as attachment from Outlook

Open Word and click the "Tools" menu and choose "Options"
When the "Options" tabbed dialog box appears click "General"
Uncheck "Allow starting in Reading Layout".
Click OK and then have a cocktail

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-default-view-word-2003-when-opening-as-attachment-from-outlook.730998/
Relevancy 61.49%

I would like to send a mass email to all of my Outlook contacts (Professional Outlook 2003) without having to click on each one. My thought is that there MUST be an easy way to do this, but I cannot find it. I would appreciate any helpful info from one wiser than me. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-all-contacts.1092455/
Relevancy 61.49%

I need to restore, copy, bring over, what ever you want to call it, but I need access to all of my personal folders and email that was left on my computer when I changed over to Windows 7. I successfully completed a Windows 7 Clean install after backing up my hard drive on to an external 250 gig flash (G). I also know and found that Windows 7 created a ?Windows old? file on my hard drive, that also houses my Outlook 2003 backup (As I use the PST Backup utility).
I thought I could just copy the outlook file, rename the file (OutlookXPEmail) and place it in the Windows 7 Outlook file. See attached. But what do I do now? I am still running Outlook 2003, the same program that I was using when I was running XP. Can anyone help me?
Doc3.doc

A:How to access old email from XP Outlook 2003

file / open / outlook data file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/60351-how-access-old-email-xp-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi to all, it has been a while since I have been back here. My request is, I have a user who has a new laptop replacing his old one. He is running Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 on both laptops. I used the file and transfer wizard, but he still has email on his old laptop in the inbox that he would like to merg with the email in his new laptop in the inbox. Would you be able to point me to the right direction. Thanks.

A:Merging email from Outlook 2003

I guess no one can help me in this matter, so I will move on to another forum.

Thanks anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merging-email-from-outlook-2003.414937/
Relevancy 61.49%

Within the past five days I have been having trouble displaying Email Display Outlook 2003 some of my HTML emails I don t Outlook 2003 Email Display recall making any changes however I suppose must have I am using XP and Outlook Now when viewing many of my HTML emails they come through looking like the one below However it is important to note that it is not ALL HTML emails only some I m guessing it may be a security setting but I m not sure Here is an example What just a few days ago came through as a friendly HTML format now appears like this To ensure your MyPoints email is delivered to your inbox be sure to add email protected to your email address book or contact list MyPoints lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail MyPointsLogo gif gt BonusMail lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail BonusMail gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Member Info Name Ryan Point Balance My Account lt https www mypoints com emp u member viewMember do gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Earning more Points is fast amp easy Read this BonusMail and visit the partner site Get Points Respond to this offer Get Points lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Once you get to What to Expect online sign up for the program Receive Points lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b author image jpg gt Every mom needs a home away from home a place to find support answers friends and advice she can depend on That s why there s What to Expect the ultimate online resource for moms and moms-to-be Registration is quick easy FREE and gives you instant access to everything you ll need from preconception to pregnancy to parenting through the toddler years Sign up today and personalize the What to Expect experience for you and your growing family No matter where you are in your pregnancy or parenting journey you ll find thousands of other members who share your anticipation your dreams and let s face it your questions on What to Expect Won t you join us All the best lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b author signature jpg gt lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b join wte content right gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Get mom-to-mom advice and support lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Track and record magical milestones lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Share family photos and stories lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Receive custom articles and info lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Create your personal home page and blog lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b bg bottom new gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Hurry This Point Offer Expires June Points for this offer can only be earned once lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Once you get to What to Expect online sign up for the program Receive Points lt http mypoints com images a water... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-display.714630/
Relevancy 61.49%

Suddenly we are experiencing random delayed emails.

Inbound email arrives at Barracuda, hands off to email server on Nitix server, workstations are running Outlook 2003.

Not all email is delayed, only random.

Example: Barracuda receives at 8:27:55 AM, Nitix webmail posts at 8:29:13 AM, Outlook posted at 10:06 PM

Workstations are running McAfee Total Business. Uninstalled on one workstation. Still had some delayed email.

Only semi common denominator is seems to effect emails from most frequent senders.

Any ideas?
thanks,
Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delayed-email-into-outlook-2003.856299/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I try to save or add an e-mail attachment outlook freezes-up.
My operating system is XP Pro, any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachments-using-outlook-2003.891402/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have thousands of emails I can't access. I have almost 2gb of email in outlook 2003 and it wont open. Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197661/outlook-2003-email-crash/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I respond to email messages I get the attached error message. What setting(s) do i need to change?

A:MS Outlook 2003 Email Issue

Looks like you are responding to e-mails in html mode. Your IE internet/intranet settings are probably set to not allow active X controls which isn't really a great problem unless you can't stand the message. Open IE internet options and go to the security tab -custom level, scroll down and make sure the following are checked:

run active x controls and plugins
script activex controls marked safe for scripting

or if your not totally paranoid set the internet zone to medium high. Hopefully that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281039/ms-outlook-2003-email-issue/
Relevancy 61.49%

Good Afternoon I work in a very small office of employees We have pc's all running xp sp all connected to a separate server which forwards our email gets data backed up to it etc 2003 receiving outlook not email Around weeks outlook 2003 not receiving email ago one of the machines stopped receiving email through outlook exchange server Email sent from it gets received and it does outlook 2003 not receiving email seem to receive email sent from other people in our office but nothing from outside has come in for quite a while Having read up on a few things on this board amp else where i have so far established Removing the account in outlook and putting it back on again makes no difference Removing the anti virus firewall software did nothing Reinstalling a different antivirus etc avg and running a full virus scan pulled no results Checking and comparing as many of the properties on the server as I can find there is nothing different that i can see between one of the working accounts and the non working one There does not appear to be any mail queued on the server that is not pushing through on the account Having had very little experience in this kind of thing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance Sam

A:outlook 2003 not receiving email

Is there a particular 0x800ccc error code or something similar happening when you click send/receive on that machine?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-not-receiving-email-390411.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Anyone have any ideas for email encryption? Im not sure if I want to have a Key etc... Is there any other option for encryption? There are mainly 5 or so people that need to send secure mail out of the 100 users here.. please throw any ideas at me.. thanks!

A:Email Encryption Outlook 2003

Look up PGP on google.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-encryption-outlook-2003.356592/
Relevancy 61.49%

This is my first post here, hope I do it right.
I tried to send a spread sheet as an attachment but I keep getting an error message "the connection was interrupted"
error 451.
I suspect the attachment is just too large so I want to just delete it but I can't move it or delete it because outlook has already started sending the message.
Does any one have any suggesting how I can delete this message?
I keep getting this error every few minutes when ever I have outlook running.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 email problem

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, jscatam1128.

Here is the solution to your issue:

Turn off your computer.
Disconnect your PC from the cable modem. Now launch Outlook. Outlook will try to do a send/receive cycle, but it will fail pretty quickly. Now, you can open the outbox and delete the stuck message. Close Outlook, turn your computer off again, reconnect the PC, boot up, and you should be back in business.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215838/outlook-2003-email-problem/
Relevancy 61.49%

How do I setup an email template to open when I select New with a jpg picture as the header, the curser open under it and then the normal signature...with spell check working for the text? Would be best if on reply it did not have the header (different template?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-template.413050/
Relevancy 61.49%

For some reason, I cannot receive emails now on my outlook on this pc (work). My home PC works fine.

I even run the "test account settings" and everything works, except I dont receive the outlook test message. I do the the files up on the webmail, but for some reason they are not downloading. I am able to send emails.

I get the following error.

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 27061 octets follow'

and the same message, but

+OK 3753 octets follow

for the second email address.
These both reside with the same ISP, but on seperate servers.

Relevancy 61.49%

We use XP and have a secured network, my users can log on to different computers and add their email acct to the computer and access their mail. Only this time one of my users did that but in the process did something wrong and now when she logs on to her regular computer and opens her email none of the messages are there. But when she logs back on to the pc she was borrowing earlier all her emails are there. Not sure what to do??
THanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-issue.905126/
Relevancy 61.49%

My outlook 2003 has problem, It always download the same emails when I click send/receive, which means I could get same emails some time in my inbox. Can anyone advice how to solve?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-repetation-in-outlook-2003.417489/
Relevancy 61.49%

Outlook 2003 hyperlinks
When inserting a hyperlink into an HTML email, I find that I cannot click on the link whilst composing, the recipients will be able to click on the link once it has sent. Is this a 'design feature' of Outlook 2003? just wondering!?

A:Outlook 2003 hyperlinks - in a new email?

I've had this problem in Outlook 2000 as well, but it doesn't bother me as a quick copy and paste to use it works for me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-hyperlinks-in-a-new-email.513110/
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot open sent email in Outlook 2003. It gives me an error message saying OLE Registration Error occured.

Can anyone please help me/

Thanks
Ritesh

A:Cannot open sent email in Outlook 2003

Try this:
Disable outlook express through windows add and remove windows components then re-enabbled outlook express.
If that doesn't work, try this:
Start> Run> type:
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ole32.dll then OK.
Click OK at the registration message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-sent-email-in-outlook-2003.448884/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have set up email signatures and associated them with both "new message" as well as "reply to" functions. They come across fine except that while my "reply to" signature is perfect, my "new message" signature does not show the apporpriate colors but is only B & W. For the life of me I cannot figure this out or fix it. I have tried deleting and creating new signatures, but to no avail. Help please?

Relevancy 61.49%

Really quick and probably easy question. I want to back up all my emails to a CD before I do a format reinstall. Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2003?

A:Backing Up Email in Outlook 2003

Hi xSoilworkeRx

If you have any Rules you would like to save, Export them and save the resulting .rwz file.
Tools > Rules and Alerts > E-mail Rules tab > Options > Export

Do a search for .pst files.
These contain your messages as well as your Contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backing-up-email-in-outlook-2003.434217/
Relevancy 61.49%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 61.49%

I get the following error message (0x800CCC7D) when I try to send email:

Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections.

I checked with my ISP (Verizon) and they checked and concluded all my settings in Outlook were correct. They said to contact Microsoft.

Microsoft forums were of no help.

Any ideas?

Tom

A:Outlook 2003 Won't Send Email

I've seen that on infected computers where the SMTP connection was being redirected to another server in order to collect the cleartext username and password info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513996/outlook-2003-wont-send-email/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm using Outlook 2003 in Win7 and trying to send an excel .xls file to a mac user and he keeps getting a winmail1dat file. According to Googled how-to info, this is what happens if you email in rich text format which I am not. I'm in HTML mode. He can receive .xls in plain text. Another mac friend gets the same .xls file in HTML just fine. ???

Any suggestions without sending in plain text just to this one user everytime?

A:Outlook 2003 won't email .xls files to a mac

Tell the recipient to save then rename winmail1.dat to winmail1.xls. He/she should then be able to open it in Excel.
I've no idea why they are receiving it as a dat file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-email-xls-files-to-a-mac.1023551/
Relevancy 61.49%

I can't get outlook 2003 to divert incoming emails to another email accout. There is not a "DIVERT" option in the list of optioins. There is a "FORWARD" option and it works but it sends the message as a forwarded message with the lead in stuff in the email as it arrives at the second account.
The MS help web page indicates that there should be a "DIVERT" option that will make the message received by the second email account look like it had been sent directly to it. This is what I want but the "DIVERT" option is not shown in the "Rules and Alerts" menu options.
What am I doing wrong?

Don

A:Outlook 2003 email diverting

I believe that diverting or redirecting incoming e-mails in Outlook requires sending and receiving e-mails through a Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, or 2007 account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha102276681033.aspx#1

Can you provide a link to the MS help page that you mention in your first post?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-diverting.925049/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an associate that cannot see the content of some emails unless she selects Reply or Forward, then the text becomes visible. If she opens the email, or tries to view it in the Preview Pane, it appears blank. These are emails from 2 different people. I had seen something similar before and a bad Hardware Profile was the culprit. Deleted the hardware profile, created another one and it worked well. That does not fix this problem.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-blank-email-in-outlook-2003.870677/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

Someone in our office has been trying to send emails with attachments, but they have been running unusually slowly. She is using a notebook, and she is attached to the network through an Ethernet connection. The software is Outlook Professional 2003. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-attachments-in-outlook-2003.438476/
Relevancy 61.49%

Operating System - Win XP. I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 to use for email. I have reached the stage where I test the Account settings. The test ticks all the boxes except the last one "Send test email message". I get an report which tells me that Outlook cannot connect with the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - even though it has previously ticked the SMTP box. Any ideas ?

A:Setting Up Outlook 2003 for email

Click on "More Settings" button on the config screen. Goto the 2nd Tab (I guess its called Outgoing server) and enable My outgoing server requires authentication. If you are using an email service thats different from your internet service , let me know , I will give you a workaround.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-outlook-2003-for-email.586755/
Relevancy 61.49%

I had a problem with email showing sent - actually residing in the “Sent” box but no one was receiving any emails from me regardless of being replied to or new.

After hours of trouble shooting it came down to the signature.

With signature removed I can now send email that is received.

Any signature I include stops the email from being received. This just started happening about 2 weeks ago.

Anyone know of any fixes ???

A:Outlook 2003 will not deliver email

whats in the signature,

if you just type your name in text

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-will-not-deliver-email.740083/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

How does one print Outlook email addresses or save them to a file. I have tried so many things to no avail. As I cannot figure out how to back up the address book, I thought that saving the emails in file or printing out would be a work around solution to a back up.

Thank you!!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 61.06%

Funny thing, but when you choose a default account outlook is supposed to use that one as the default send account. So you compose a new mail and it should use that account as the from address. But it doesn't always work. Yes, i know u can CHOOSE any account by clicking on the "from" button and picking one from the drop down menu. But i don't want to have to keep doing that. I finally got it to work with a reg hack i found when googling the issue. Now when i compose new mail it uses account #1.

However, if someone sends me a email to my account #2, when i reply it uses account #2 to send from. Is there any way i can make outlook use account #1 for all email i send whether they are new emails or replies no matter what account hey were sent to?

A:Making outlook use default account to send whether new email or reply

did you figure this out yet?
Always reply with the same email address | MSOutlook.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330084-making-outlook-use-default-account-send-whether-new-email-reply.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have Vista as my OS and I use IE and Outlook 2000.
Whenever I click an email link in IE, Windows Mail opens.
When I try to set Outlook 2000 as the default email client from Internet Explorer I get a 'Set your default programs' dialog box which does not list Outlook 2000. Any thoughts ?

A:How to set Outlook 2000 as the default email client from Internet Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-outlook-2000-as-the-default-email-client-from-internet-explorer.632799/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with changing the default internet email account in MS Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup. In the regular Outlook 2000, there is a button in the service box for set as default. However, this does not exist in my program. I am running two internet email accounts, and I would like the second one that I installed to be the default for sending messages. I know there must be a way to do this, but I just can't remember/ figure it out. Thanks!

Best,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-email-account-in-outlook-2000-corporate.284641/
Relevancy 61.06%

I used the following MS Knowledge Base article to create an autoreply message since we don t use MS Exchange Server in our office I don t have the Out of Office Assistant support microsoft com kbid hhmm seems I m not allowed to post active urls since I am new here the non-active link above works if you cut and paste it to your browser I ve never created an autoreply message before but I was pretty sure there was some way to do it so I tracked that down The only problem default) on mail (not in 2000 on Autoreply Outlook account came in email is that I only want to create this autoreply for a email account which is not the default email account In the template file I even specified to send the message using the account the email comes in on but it replies using the default mail account rather than the one Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) I want it to My Rule for this is Check mail Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) on arrival from this altername account Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft stop rule processing In reality part of this rule should be Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft and send via altername account Is there any way to set the reply to use the non-default account rather than the default one If not can anyone suggest an application which will do this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoreply-in-outlook-2000-on-email-account-mail-came-in-on-not-default.366288/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've got a copy of Outlook 2003 SP2 that's crashing whenever an email is deleted.

It doesn't matter how it's deleted - whether the Delete key, the Delete 'X' button or dragged to deleted items!

It's connected to an Exchange server with a second, shared mailbox.

However, it still does it with a clean profile, with a local-only profile (no exchange account), a local-only profile (no account at all), and with /safe, /cleanprofile and /cleanrules switches.

Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-crashes-when-email-deleted.584445/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys,

I'm running Exchange on W2K3 with 5 Clients all using Outlook 2003. One of the clients is steadfastly refusing to send email from the desktop in the office - it gets stuck in the outbox (it shows up marked in italics).

The user of the machine is able to access the Exchange Server remotely on his desktop and can send and receive email fine - with the exception that it's not synchronizing with the email stuck in the outbox on the client in the office.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.06%

I am travelling internationally over the next 3 months. When I connect through the internet using hotel services, I can receive email, but can not send. I have an msn.com email address, using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Currently, I am connected to a D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router, and I think it may be blocking the Outgoing Server (SMPT) port 25. I have taken the action to change the port to 587. I have gotten email to send with this setting, but email can still hang up in the outbox...no pattern yet on when it hangs up and when it doesn't. Any suggestions on my actions so far or actions I should take? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

This requires me to click on a choice from the list offered. Nice, but not as nice as Outlook Express which will actually insert the email addy into the To: box for you.

Is there a way to get this expensive program to work at least as well as the free one?

A:Outlook 2003 Does Not Autofill "to:" Email Addys

Hi AF.
In Outlook you can shut the "suggestions" function off at Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Advanced E-Mail Options. Deselect "Suggest names while completing To,Cc and Bcc fields". To have Outlook autofill, type in the fewest needed characters, hit your space key and then hit enter.
I prefer to just click the "To" button in Outlook when composing a new message, select the name and click OK instead.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71981/outlook-2003-does-not-autofill-to-email-addys/
Relevancy 61.06%

Out look won't allow me to specify another email address as the reply address. Under "User information" I fill in the address that I want people to reply to and outlook seems to just ignore this. I've looked at help files and the MS website and they all say that it shouldn't do this, but it does.

Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2003 won't change the reply email

You want to be hidden using alias?

Primary Email
Seconard Email for replys only

You can setup the Primary Email to only recieve the email (read only)
You can setup the Secondary to read and send the email. There is an option to do this under Options. But you need to setup up both accounts you want to use with passwords and etc.. Then test them out. You might have to manually tell Outlook to use the secondary account. But I've done what you are asking when I had an SBC account. It can be done..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-wont-change-the-reply-email.75671/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm running Outlook 2003 on a Win7 laptop where Outlook is the default email and IE the default browser. Firefox is also installed. When on a youtube site I want to share, with Outlook open, I click share->email and nothing happens. If I go to file->send link or send page nothing happens. If I do same from Firefox it works fine.

On another Win7 PC running Office 2010 (outlook 2010) it works fine.

any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-cant-auto-email-link-via-outlook-2003.1052991/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone I have had an interesting problem with Outlook on one of my computers Dimension 2003 connecting to email not servers Outlook RR GB RAM WinXPPRo Outlook 2003 not connecting to RR email servers It will send and receive email for a while after restarting but eventually it stops sending receiving It seems to happen after the system has gone to standby not hibernate and returned but I am not certain of that I am running Norton Internet Security have tried disabling it with no impact I uninstalled it and ran a trial version of BitDefender for a while and it still misbehaved occasionally but somewhat less often Needless to say when you try something and you have to restart the computer you can t tell if the fix improved things since it almost always works after a restart I have tested this on several computers One machine that is running ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite is working fine but that machine seemed to have no problems when it had Norton installed either My notebook seems to work fne with Outlook NIS etc but I don t use it very often I am using Road Runner as the ISP I have one XP user account that is getting email from America Online and that is having no problems even when Road Runner doesn t respond I used Test Account Settings to generate traffic and see if it connected I get two red check marks and the error box that says quot x Outlook is unable to connect to your POP SMTP server Verify the account settings you may need to enable secure connections quot The server timeout is minutes and it fails long before that almost instantly I tried running TCPSpy to see if I could see what was going on When it could connect I got reasonable server responses When it was not connecting an attempt to open a port with Test Account Settings logged an almost immediate quot port closed quot response with zero bytes sent received I saw another post where the user found an old virus infection This system apparently had a virus in an email several years ago so maybe I will check into that The virus only showed up with BitDefender not Norton and it was in an old archive file Symantec tech support has been almost useless All they tell you to do is upgrade to NIS also useless parental controls I tried it or use the Norton Removal Tool which wipes out GoBack as well I did uninstall just NIS to put in BitDefender and then reinstalled NIS at the end of that trial period RR tech support has been useless also I have the right account settings and they say nothing about not supporting Outlook In fact they have instructions on how to set up Outlook to work with RR They don t require outgoing authentication or SSL enabled Sorry for the info overload I have tried a lot of stuff and would like to get anyone s thoughts on more things to try Peace Jman nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-not-connecting-to-rr-email-servers.597613/
Relevancy 61.06%

smtp does not work when antivirus is intalled. OS is Windows 7, have tried AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials.

A:outlook 2003 antivirus disrupts email

This is a first response, until I dig deeper.smtp doesn't need a virus check, once a virus is on your comp, it is way too late.message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/outlook-2003-antivirus-disrupts-email/39916.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all!

I'm having this problem in which when I go from one email to another (not opening, just selecting), the previous email stays selected.

A restart of Outlook doesn't resolve the issue. I have no problems with the (wired) keyboard as I was able to open a folder and selects files w/o an problems.

A reboot fixes the issue, but this is the 2nd time this has happened. The user is not going to settle for rebooting every time...HELP!!

I ran detect and repair on Outlook, so we'll see how that holds up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Outlook 2003 Pro w/ SP3

Thanks
Al

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-selecting-email-problems.833943/
Relevancy 61.06%

Until recently my Outlook email worked just fine. The other day I began to receive many duplicate emails. I deleted my account from Outlook and re-entered all of the information. I ran a test email which seemed to pause on the "Log onto incoming mail server" but then it showed completed.
I have re-entered the email account data many times and keep getting the following error:

Task 'mail.xxxxdeletedmyserverinfo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR unable to open that message'

I sent this problem to Network Solutions but did not get a reply.

I can access my email through Outlook Express and directly through the web.

Thanks for any help.

A:Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

Did you use the test function in Outlook when you set up the account?

Don't bother with the "Test" function in Outlook - it often fails for no particular reason.

If you did use it, try sending yourself an email the normal way.

The error you receive can be caused by

Incorrect Email settings.
Incorrect scan settings on anti-virus software (if any).
Corrupted account settings.

First, carefully check your settings. Make sure EVERYTHING is spelled correctly, spacing is correct ([email protected] instead of [email protected] .com), punctuation is correct . instead of ,

One of the most common causes of this error is invalid user name/password. Re-enter them.

Turn off your antivirus email scanning software if all settings are correct.

Since you deleted the account and recreated, the chances are slim that the account settings are corrupt.

Your mail server may also require SSL. I don't know where it is located in Outlook. Find Requires SSL and check the box. Make sure to apply any changes.

If none of this works, post the mail domain which could help us in working with you to resolve the issue.

Also, let us know if you are still receiving duplicate mails in Outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392479/outlook-2003-cant-receive-pop3-email/
Relevancy 61.06%

In the last week, my outlook email has developed problems in sending emails. The emails just sit in my outbox, and will not go out. The only difference between emails that will go out, and ones that don't is the ones that don't, have a sent date of "NONE" . Is anyone aware of an issue with this. I have tested all my email accounts, and they all send and recieve test messages ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-send-problems.977919/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have 4 email addresses on the one account, when I generate a new email, the account icon is missing, making it send by the default email rather that let me pick which email address to use.

I believe that it did work but for some reason this option has stopped.

Hope you can help, thanks

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Accounts

Hi CCBurke

Open a new message, verify you have the Standard Toolbar showing:
View > Toolbars > Standard

If the Standard Toolbar does appear and it is missing the Accounts button, right click on the Toolbar and select: Customize
On the Commands tab > Categories pane scroll down and select: Standard

Highlight the Accounts command on the left side and drag it up to the Toolbar and drop it.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-accounts.823987/
Relevancy 61.06%

Using Outlook 2003 when sending emails the predictive completion of email addresses is using address book email addresses which have long been deleted from Contacts. How do i get the predictive function to use emails from contact data base not old obsolete email addresses from Address book.

A:Outlook 2003 predictive email addresses

You can't use external data sources unless you import them into your contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-predictive-email-addresses.259098/