Windows Support Forum

Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

Q: Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

I set up an Outlook account on a new-to-me laptop I had been Is device? default type type of deteremined email by account unable to download email for several months since I didn't have a computer I had been saving the emails I wanted to keep and had planned on downloading them into my new computer After setting up the account it appeared the system automatically downloaded Is default email account type deteremined by type of device? all of my email from the server I know this is default behavior which I turn off So I went through that process double-checked to see that all the email was downloaded and went out to my server I discovered that what I thought were copies of the emails were left on the servier I didn't want that to happen I dug around to find the location that I have used many times to do this and couldn't remember or find the location to make this change So I came to Seven Forums I saw the step-by-step instructions go to the account select it click change click advanced and uncheck the box that says quot Leave a copy of email on server quot When I went to the advanced dialog box for changing accounts I discovered there wasn't any such box I dug around some more decided to subscribe here and ask why mine was different In the mean time since all the email was downloaded to my computer I went back out to my server deleted all the email and purged the trash Then I went back to my Oullook and discovered all the email that I had quot downloaded quot was gone After digging some more and callling my ISP service desk I discovered that I had set up an IMAP account rather than a POP account There was no place to change this in this account so I deleted the account and went through the process again When I got to the account type the only types showing were IMAP and exchange There may have been another option but the important thing is that POP was not one of the options Down at the bottom of the screen was a checkbox to allow custom set up I checked that and discovered there the POP choice I clicked that and the account behaved as I want deleting copies of emails from the server as they are actually downloaded I have set up several Outlook accounts on various computers before This is the first time I have ever had this happen I have never seen the IMAP as a default before but this is also the first time I have installed it on a laptop Was it this way BECAUSE I was adding the account on a laptop There was another account on the computer which I deleted and it was a POP account so it wasn't some sort of previous setting that just followed over All I know for sure is that having this as default cost me a bunch of time and effort and some extremely important emails Any feedback besides quot Pay closer attention to what your various screens say when you are setting up an account dummy quot

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

Hello Hagridore and Welcome to Seven Forums!

No, I don't believe the problem is because it is a Laptop.
Email can be very confusing to setup with the different protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and MAPI.

Referring to "Outlook" can be confusing, as it can mean different things.
Outlook may mean the MS Office Outlook client email program, or an Outlook.com email address.
MS has created confusion here imho.
When you say "Outlook accounts" do you mean email accounts in the Outlook client program, or Outlook.com email address's, or both ?
What email client program are you using, such as MS Office Outlook, MS Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, ... ?
Also fwiw, for WEB (online) access, Hotmail accounts are being converted to the outlook "WEB format" now...just to make it more fun

From what I know, setting up an Outlook.com (or Hotmail) email address with IMAP does not work without a 3rd party paid solution.
MS uses their own proprietary MAPI protocol (or POP3) for hotmail/outlook email address's accessed in a client program.
If it is possible to use an Outlook(Hotmail) email account with IMAP in a client email program, I would like to know how!

When I delete a POP account (Windows Live Mail) I get a warning about messages that might be lost...
Did you get a warning message when you deleted the POP account?

edit:
I just looked at this again, and see it's in the Office forum.
So, can I assume you are using MS Office Outlook on all the PC's?
If so, what version(s)?
Also, who is the email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, MS, ...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283902-default-email-account-type-deteremined-type-device.html
Relevancy 100.19%

so a few years back i read a magazine that said to change the type of computer in device manager to standard pc because it made the computer run a little better or faster so now i ve got my laptop and i ve noticed it type type device in manager! can't computer back original to change getting slower and thought that i would can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! do this VERY BAD MOVE i can still boot windows and everything - it meant that i had to let the computer reinstall all of can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! the drivers for my hardware - but i have noticed in the device manager now that there are two instances of standard pc there is also a new section titled other devices with about devices that seem to have no driver for them - some mention ISA so i am guessing that changing to standard pc means that windows thinks my laptop is now a desktop pc with ISA slots i find that when i put my laptop lid down the thing shuts down when i press the power button it turns off straight away doesn t even shut down i had had the laptop configured for ages to do nothing when i closed the lid and give me shut down options when i pressed the power button i look in power options and i can only cinfigure the monitor screen and hard disk power off options - every other option is not available when i do bring up the shut down options i can no longer choose standby i have also realised that i can not turn on my wireless connection - i ve tried all sorts to get it to work with no avail the laptop is an acer ferrari and when i call up the manager app it says that bluetooth and wireless are not present by the way i can still get the bluetooth button to work - correction - it starts up with the button on but if i turn it off it won t let me turn it on again the emanager and presentation manager buttons on the laptops casing don t work either i have to access them via software route my questions are is it possible that something is going on with the acer part of my system - with regards to the buttons and also the wireless and bluetooth can i change my computer type back to acpi uniprocessor pc yes it is compatible and will this solve all of my power option limitations other device entries have i got any of my suspicions right and is there anything i ve missed by the way - i really really really don t want to reinstall windows xp all over again because it has taken me about months and COUNTLESS hours to customise my system to a T i was hoping to get it perfect and then backup an image so i have a better starting block in the future if i reinstall the system i haven t got the windows install discs on me because they are at another location far away and i can t get them very easily at all - i do have an image to reinstall from however but it would take forever to recustomise everything again every bit of help is a life saver - thank you in advance even ideas are appreciated Steve nbsp

A:can't change computer type back to original type in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-computer-type-back-to-original-type-in-device-manager.589607/
Relevancy 80.84%

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it.. i don't see anything I set in ease of access.  it's making like s a squish sound every few letter i type.  it doesn't do it like for every letter.  it's not when i touch the mouse pad either.  please give me some ideas on how this happened..??

A:Inspiron. I don't know what settings I screw up on but when i type I hear like a squishing sound on every so many letters i type.

Always include your model name and number as well as the operating system when posting a question. Also include a clearer explanation of the problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682841
Relevancy 80.84%

To Whom It May Concern or anyone willing to help About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my & a popup type on chrome find Unable & now grrrr started! ie, to new adware-type both Chrome browsers - I hadn t downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab without my regular menu Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr toolbar etc on top I did notice a little icon right before the url it shows at very top clicked it amp got a menu-thing showing the permissions of the settings etc amp I could click to view cookie data in which I was thinking quot yippee I got it quot lol I can quot remove quot amp quot block quot however each time I can make sure I do all of the however it doesn t seem to help because in a little bit quot poof quot it comes up just as before Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I ve suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts amp if it does play a video it doesn t ever start to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in or seconds quot amp then counts down to usually a quot playnow quot amp quot download quot button shows where video screen was then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away So far I haven t been able to get the video nor the buttons etc to actually take me anywhere or do anything even I think the video is usually using jwplayer It also happens just the same nomatter if I m using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don t seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance HOPEFULLY I got this all done posted right HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Pinger Pinger exe C Program Files x FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x mail com MailCheck IE mail com MailCheck Broker exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Christopher Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Pa... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-find-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type-started-grrrr.1124144/
Relevancy 80.84%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always chrome new now adware-type both to type! on find ie, popup Unable source & of a fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in seconds quot amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance NOTE the st time I ran gmer it fried on me amp restarted computer so I ran it with the quot sections quot clicked I saved the ark then I reran it again but with the original options amp it ran ok that time so I saved its ark also amp named it quot ark quot Im posting them both I hope that is best Ark txt sections c drive selected Ark txt the normal choices

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

cginn73,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-and-ie-now-a-new-type-823929.html
Relevancy 80.84%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about popup source Unable both chrome of on adware-type & type! find a ie, to new now it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! in advertisers but most frequent is for Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! the game Big Farm They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says SKIP AD in seconds amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Hello angelgabbby I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530996/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type/
Relevancy 80.84%

So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?
-Cheetha

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43686-unsupported-video-type-invalid-file-type-windows-10-twitter-app.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all First post for me -- glad to have change account administrator cannot No account type -- found this site Extremely useful I ve recently noticed that I ve lost No administrator account -- cannot change account type adminstrator account priviledges on both my laptops I ve got Windows Home Premium edition When I am logged in to my original account which was set up as an Administrator account and I go to Change Account Type the quot Standard User quot button is active When I click on the Administrator Account button to change it the Apply button becomes greyed out I have two accounts that were set up as Administrator and both show the same thing Curiously the account icons that show up on the login screen and on the control panel screens still carry the label quot Administrator quot Maybe this is normal for Windows but if so very confusing What I ve tried so far Activated the No administrator account -- cannot change account type built-in Administrator account logged into it tried to elevate the two accounts to Administrator with the same results above becomes greyed out when I click on the Administrator account type button Ran virus spyware scans using SpywareDoctor Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials No serious threats found other than the cookies etc on SpywareDoctor scan Malwarebytes and Security Essential scans were clean Started up in safe mode No administrator account -- cannot change account type -- same result I originally noticed the problem due to the fact that Itunes would not update -- gave me the message that I didn t have administrator proviledges even though I was logged in to and admin acct I was since able to update by downloading the update to my desktop and using right-click -- quot Run as administrator quot So administrator priviledges are still there for that mode Thanks

A:No administrator account -- cannot change account type

At what level is the User Account Control?

(Open the start menu type uac and hit enter.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378286/no-administrator-account-cannot-change-account-type/
Relevancy 79.55%

How do I search a directory for a file type, and have it only show files that aren't that file type.
For example, searching a directory for only .jpg, and have the search only show files that are not .jpg, such as .txt, .png, etc.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi
Windows 8 hypervisor hyper v is bare metal hypervisor. And vmware workstation is not. So will the new any difference between these two in terms of performance on a Windows 8 machine?
Is there any article document contrasting these scenarios?

A:Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

A simple web search should give you plenty of information.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/30179-performance-comparison-type-2-hypervisor-vs-type-1-hype.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Saving web pages in IE9 RTM defaults to web page complete (.htm), I always save pages as arhcives (.mhtml). I've just restored IE9 back to beta and it defaults to .mhtml which is what I want.

I can't find a way to change the default save as type in IE9 RTM and if there isn't one, I guess I'll have to stick with the beta.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Cheers.

A:IE9 default save as type

Hi there,

As far as my knowledge i don;t believe there is a way to do that but found that script that used to work in IE7 "Save as" MHT IE6/7 context menu extension not sure if this works on IE9 ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/150875-ie9-default-save-type.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Spent the last hour trying to find out how to do this.

A:How do you change the default folder type?

hello brycea and welcome!

maybe this u mean Folder Template - Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/73853-how-do-you-change-default-folder-type.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I've tried to read all the messages that seem the list? type to file How default a add to to touch on this but haven't found out yet how to add a file type to the list of quot associate a file type or protocol with a program quot in the control panel How to add a file type to the default list? I have some old doc files that were created by Word or Lotus Word Pro or Wordperfect Office When I click on the documents I get the error message that no program is associated with that file type In the quot associate a file type quot list in the control panel quot doc quot is not one of the choices The closest I see is quot docx quot whatever that is I don't know My problem is how can I add doc to the list of file types Closely related is the question of adding a program to the list of default programs in the section Control Panel Programs Default Programs Set Default Programs Some of the programs I've installed such as Mediamonkey Firefox and Switch Sound File Converter are listed there but most of the ones I've installed are not I know that some of them set file associations when they are installed and that those associations can be changed from within the programs but that's also true of Mediamonkey and Firefox How could I put WinACE or WinRAR or Wordperfect on the list of default programs Thanks

A:How to add a file type to the default list?

Quote: Originally Posted by larrydonline

I've tried to read all the messages that seem to touch on this but haven't found out yet how to add a file type to the list of "associate a file type or protocol with a program" in the control panel.

I have some old .doc files that were created by Word or Lotus Word Pro or Wordperfect Office 12. When I click on the documents I get the error message that no program is associated with that file type. In the "associate a file type" list in the control panel ".doc" is not one of the choices. The closest I see is ".docx" (whatever that is I don't know).

My problem is how can I add .doc to the list of file types?

Closely related is the question of adding a program to the list of default programs in the section: Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs?

Some of the programs I've installed such as Mediamonkey, Firefox, and Switch Sound File Converter are listed there, but most of the ones I've installed are not. I know that some of them set file associations when they are installed and that those associations can be changed from within the programs but that's also true of Mediamonkey and Firefox. How could I put WinACE or WinRAR or Wordperfect on the list of default programs? Thanks.

It sounds like you have Microsoft Office Word installed which has the new format for word files. docx. Now with that said if you open your MS Word program and go to the location where your doc files are you should be able to open them with Word. If not you will need to go back and look at association of docx which should be MS Word and add doc to that also.

Have you updated all your MS Office programs?

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/66565-how-add-file-type-default-list.html
Relevancy 78.26%

How do I change account type in registry?
I have an admin user that is disabled, and the Administrator account is now a guest account.
I need to change this to Administrator. I have no admin user on my machine.

Registry or any other ways.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa82d27b-8ac6-43eb-95ef-7b0370373d32/account-type-windows-7?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 78.26%

I would like to change my account from standard to administrator, but my account isn?t visible
in "manage accounts".
I have tried both from my standard account and from my administrator account.

A:Not able to change my account type

Hello Anvandarin, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If the standard account is not listed while trying to change it's type using the options in the tutorial below while signed in to your administrator account, then.....
User Account Type - Change in Windows 8
....double check to make sure that the standard account has not been disabled.
User Account - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34984-not-able-change-my-account-type.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

I'm building my new all-in-one HTPC/Nas/Gaming Box, that will be running Windows 8 because of File History killer feature.
I want to backup my critical datas daily into SkyDrive, and use my Xbox account to download/play games.
But I'd like to use a local account, named "HTPC" for example instead of my regular Windows Live ID.
So is it possible to have la local account, that will sign in with a live one for skydrive and xbox applications ?

If it's not possible, let's imagine that I create a local account first.
My user folder will be in C:\users\htpc\ exact ?
Now if I convert the account to a Live one (and disable all Sync options), path is still C:\users\htpc\ ?
Is it possible to change displayed name ( "HTPC" instead of "FirstName LastName") only for my htpc ?

Do you have any idea ? or suggestions ?
Thanks

A:Help me choose an Account type

Good question. Subscribing to hear the answer if there is one... (Besides everything you mentioned, this would go for the app store as well...)

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/8118-help-me-choose-account-type.html
Relevancy 78.26%

When signed in as an admin, how can I change another user's account type from local to Microsoft? I saw how to change my own. Thanks.

A:Change another's account type

Hello Alant,

You would need to currently be signed in to the account that you want to switch. You cannot do it from within another account.

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/70005-change-anothers-account-type.html
Relevancy 78.26%

my computer wont change to any of my users and the user i am using is standard. i also cant login into my administrator account what do i do????

Relevancy 78.26%

I have 2 router one is a thompsons speed touch (wire) and the other a linksys(wireless) and i cant get the ps3 to connect to the internet properly everytime i try i get nat type 3 (that is limited connectivity) so if anyone know how to configure the router so i wont have that problem please help

A:Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-get-from-nat-type-3-to-nat-type-2-using-two-routers-one-wired-other-n.788709/
Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow and 5742ZG 15" type type 17" wit... Travelmate P273-M whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.26%

I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I in HELP Firefox Chrome, yet Google PLEASE! in type type anything can Can't I.E. can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page Here is the info on Google Chrome version which I'm using Google Chrome Official Build m -bit Revision e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd-refs branch-heads OS Windows Blink e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd JavaScript V Flash User Agent Mozilla Windows NT Win x AppleWebKit KHTML like Gecko Chrome Safari Command Line C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end Executable Path C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Profile Path C Users John AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Variations b d d-afba f fb fc - f a df c bc -f a cdd eadf-ca d d ba f da-ca d d f a - d f f ebbd - f a df f c c -ca d d dca- f a df e c f -e c cd c ba-ca d d f cb b- d f f b - e d a ea a -ecbb e d b a - d f f e - cf a aa da - a e de -ca d d ce f - dd dbffab d-ca d d d aa- a e f ae a- c ad ac - e a c f c- bbed aae -d f b c ed d -e cc f f f a -d f b c e b - ad e e - ad ab - f a df Compiler MSVC Modules loaded into Google Chrome This page lists all modules loaded into the main process and modules registered to load at a later point Modules - No conflicts detected Software Signed by Version Location Microsoft Office Shell Extension Handlers Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared office msoshext dll Shell Extension -- Not loaded yet Microsoft Windows Live ID Namespace Provider Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll Kaspersky Lab programdata ka... Read more

A:Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE!

I bet it has something to do with this:

Zemana AntiLogger Free Zemana Ltd. 1.8.2.320 c:\program files (x86)\keycryptsdk\keycrypt64(1).dll 

Try disabling/uninstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619603/cant-type-anything-in-google-chrome-firefox-yet-can-type-in-ie-help-please/
Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M 15" P273-M type type Travelmate and 5742ZG 17" wit... It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, I have a Windows XP Pro machine on an active directory. I need the login to default to Active Directory type instead of being set to whatever the last person loged in as. For example, the way it is set now, if a user logs in with a local account, such as Administrator, the next time the machine is restarted, it comes up with a login screen that has "Log on to:" field set to "this computer", requiring the next user to go to Options, and set the "Log on to:" field to Active Directory before the AD login will work.

Is there a registry key or some other way to make the system always default to Active Directory logon type?

Thanks,
RMSe17

A:Windos XP default log on type to be Active Directory

The only policy I know of is to "Do not display last username in logon screen". I don't know of any for what you are trying to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windos-xp-default-log-on-type-to-be-active-directory.519939/
Relevancy 77.4%

I've been searching high and low and checking the windows registry but I can't seem to find a way to change the default save file type in Paint. It comes up with BMP as the default but I want JPG to be the default whenever I do a save/save as, so I don't have to change it all the time. Any suggestions?

A:MS Paint default file save type

Here is a work around.

Try this to see if it works for you.

1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name "default.jpg".
2. Right click and drag the Paint program from the Start, Programs,
Accessories location onto the desktop and select copy here.
3. Right click on the Paint icon and then left click Properties. You should see a line like this "%SystemRoot%\system32\mspaint.exe" (without the quotes.)
4. Place the cursor after the .exe and type a space.
5. Type the full path and filename for the default.jpg file you saved (if there is any spaces in the path you need to enclose anything you type in quotes. The final line should look like this

%SystemRoot%\system32\mspaint.exe "C:\this is the path here\default.jpg"

6.click OK.

Double click on the new desktop icon, the file will open and the Save As default location will be where the file is located. If you make the default.jpg read only, you won't inadvertently change the file and a Save As will then pop up for any attempt to Save.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-paint-default-file-save-type-215175.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Is there a way to change the default file type that Word saves as? .Docx is a pain. I want to save my files by default as Word 97-2003 files (.doc). I don't want to have to remember to drop down and change it every time either - I always forget.

ty

A:Solved: MS Word Default File Type?

Found it! In TOOLS, Save Options - lower right side of the saving document screen.

Just posting on this site got my answer! You guys are magic! hehe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-word-default-file-type.851496/
Relevancy 77.4%

Can anyone please help me change the default directory when you type the cmd command? Thanks!

A:How do you change the default directory when you type cmd from the run menu

Why do you need to do that? I would say, just copy cmd.exe into the directory where you want it to start, then issue the command with the path. For example. c:\temp\run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-the-default-directory-when-you-type-cmd-from-the-run-menu.48650/
Relevancy 77.4%

I've been searching high and low and checking the windows registry but I can't seem to find a way to change the default save file type in Paint. It comes up with BMP as the default but I want JPG to be the default whenever I do a save/save as, so I don't have to change it all the time. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-paint-default-file-save-type.675843/
Relevancy 77.4%

Story time.

I am using ConText as the default program to open the following 3 file types, but I need different icons for each file type.

.eml = C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\maillang.dll,20
.bas = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\vb98\vb6.exe,8
.txt = %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE,0

How do I go about achieving this.

A:Use Different File Type Icons For Same Default Program

Hey there,
Try using the program "FileTypesMan" found here: FileTypesMan - Alternative to 'File Types' manager of Windows

Once opened, it'll take a minute or two (maybe less) to load all different file types. Right click on the
specified file type and select the option "Edit Selected File Type" or select the file extension and press F2.
From there you'll be able to set the default icon for that file extension, provided you have the ico files.

There are probably other programs out there that do this exact same thing, but this seemed to work well for me.

Hope this helped!

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/372304-use-different-file-type-icons-same-default-program.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Greetings,

I am using XP and I use MS Paint for screen shot pastes. I then have to promptly save those files. Now, I know its not much but ev ery time I save, the default save as type is BMP (which I feel is just awful for what I am doing) and would like to change the default to JPG (which I need, want, and love)

Any registry changes that can deal with that?

Thanks!

A:Can you change the DEFAULT Save As type in MS Paint to JPG

When you press print screen for a screenshot
and open Paint, paste and go to save, don't you have a drop down box
that gives you a variety of choices, including JPG? I do.

Or am I not understanding the problem.

I generally use Irfanview for this purpose.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265444/can-you-change-the-default-save-as-type-in-ms-paint-to-jpg/
Relevancy 77.4%

Suppose i have a ISO file, and apart from many other actions in the context menu, i want to Make default the "Mount" action, then how do i do it.

Also if i make a shortcut to an ISO file, [i havent made Mount action as default for ISOs], how do i open the shortcut so that the MOUNT action is selected and not Open.

PS: Good third party tools are welcome, except Creative Elements Powertools, i used it for 45 days and now its expired. i think what i wanna do can be manually done via registry.

Relevancy 77.4%

I'm trying to figure out a way to change the default icon for a specific file type (ie: change .vbs icon to a custom icon). I've been doing some searching on this forum and I've come across some ways to change default icons but they all seem to involve going through the registry. Is that really the only way to change the default icons on Windows 7? I LOVE 7 so far but that really sucks if thats true. What happened to the screen in the attached image (taken from XP)?

A:Change default icon on file type

Hello jvbeardsley, and welcome to Seven Forums.

This can help show you how to.

File Extension Icon - Change Default Icon

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/24442-change-default-icon-file-type.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I feel the amount of reading I've done on these two (acct types & UAC) is disproportionate to the understanding I've gained regarding best practices.

Does anyone have a good, distilled recommendation or link?

A:Best Practices for User Account Type and UAC?

Hi.

Did you read the article on technet?

User Account Control In Windows 7 Best Practices

User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358630-best-practices-user-account-type-uac.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hello,

I have created a standard user.

my requirements:

1. standard user can install programs, which is saved for future uses (i have seen pcs where the programs are deleted/uninstalled as soon as the user log out)

2. standard user CANNOT re-install windows by inserting a windows disc at boot up!!

Is this already present under default standard user or..do i have to add some settings?

thank you!

A:Account type: Standard user

Quote: Originally Posted by johnn1

1. standard user can install programs, which is saved for future uses (i have seen pcs where the programs are deleted/uninstalled as soon as the user log out)

Installing a program isn't actually a special thing, it is just copying files to a certain location and setting some things up. As long as an application is not depending on administrative power it can be ran or installed anywhere. So yes a standard user can install applications...if they support installing without admin power. Look at Google Chrome, it requires no administrative power to install or run.

Quote:
2. standard user CANNOT re-install windows by inserting a windows disc at boot up!!

Impossible. Windows is not running when a computer boots up, thus no user accounts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/225513-account-type-standard-user.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Is there a way to set up an additional admin account to have full admin rights without having to "run as admin" on everything?

A:Account type change problem

Turn off UAC. I don't recommend it though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/9742-account-type-change-problem.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i just got this laptop and it was used. just want to change the username, but it will not let me. i've gone through the control panel, user name change, and when i do, it says that i cannot have a name with "$#@* etc., which i obviously don't have in the name.
i've tried setting up a different administrator account, and it gives me the same error saying it has an unacceptable character.
any ideas?!?

A:cannot change user name or account type

Try using the administrative account through safe-mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-change-user-name-or-account-type-337990.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I found out recently that I've got a keylogger on my account and downloaded spybot and another anti virus program to hopefully find it, I would however appreciate if someoen could look on my log and see if it or anything else is still there.

Attached the logfile i got when running Hijackthis

A:Unknown type of keylogger on my account

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/425236 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425236/unknown-type-of-keylogger-on-my-account/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello to everybody reading this!

I have a computer with windows XP that I was instructed to create an extra account. However when I try to type the name of the new account, I can't! The cursor will not even blink and after a while a note "unspecified error" will appear.The keyboard is fully functional and I can type with it on the same computer at notepad, browsers, search, run etc. I scanned the computer with the most recent free version of Avast and no threats were found.

This is really frustrating and weird, any help is more than welcome!

A:Cannot type username while creating an account

Open a command prompt type the following which will add an account to the administrators group. Substitute any name for [username]

Start > Run > cmd

net user /add [username] 
new localgroup administrators [username] /add

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619014/cannot-type-username-while-creating-an-account/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello
I am not able to change my account type in windows 8.1 . by mistake I turned over to local account and now not able access the action center permissions . please help to get back to the administrator account .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e028d2c9-adf9-4c20-b8ea-e29beefd06be/not-able-to-turn-upon-administrator-account-type?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.97%

When I first setup my computer I made the mistake of installing one of the video cards as a Multimedia Controller Now I m trying to fix the problem a couple months later and everytime I try to re-install the video card windows recognizes it as a Multimedia Video Controller In Device Manage the card is listed under quot Changing Device Type? Sound video and game controllers quot instead of Display adapters Since I first installed the card months ago I am unable to use system restore to fix the problem I ve tried going through the registry and Changing Device Type? I found what I think I need to change delete somehow It is under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System Enum however windows won t let me change remove it Is there anyway to change the Device Type or to make Windows not recognize the card as a Multimedia Video Controller so that I can install the drivers for the it as a display adapter Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-device-type.290700/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

A:Device Type Problems

Hello,

I am having a problem with my CD & DVD drives....originally I had lost them after installing some software. But after many hours I was able to recover them.....now the problem I am having is that under Device Manager they are showing up as
Device Type: Unknown.

I'm having problems now with some programs I utilize because they can not locate the drives because the device type is Unknown and these programs won't let me chande their drive location settings.

Does anyone know how I could change the device type on this back to CD-Rom?

I already uninstalling, but that didn't do anything.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-type-problems.100438/
Relevancy 76.54%

This is a nuisance item but I wondered if there was a place to set these other than doing each as they come up Example would be creating a shortcut for notepad I have always made one on every system in every version of windows and never had this problem The default starting directory is system so every note you make when saved tries to go there and extension Directory or type Notepad Utilities Default by for like i have to correct it I finally noticed that this default directory was actually named in the properties of the shortcut so that fix was done But i do not remember ever having to do that before It seems that when done previously the notepad items either went to the current location or maybe to documents but never to system Default Directory for Utilities like Notepad or by extension type which Default Directory for Utilities like Notepad or by extension type is the location of the program notepad exe I can understand WHY it happens but is there a way to specify that it NOT happen like that In the case of notepad what would be most helpful is for it to save at the location currently in focus If I am on desktop when I create it I would want it on desktop If i am in some sub-folder i would want it there instead Others like paint i would probably want the same quot save to current location quot as i would need the item later at the same place it was before In a similar vein can i set all png files to go to a specific folder And same for other file types

A:Default Directory for Utilities like Notepad or by extension type

I have never seen that. Are you running as some other user than a normal user? The only reason I would see that happen is if you are somehow running as SYSTEM user.

Windows should always default the "save" to your Documents directory.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47575-default-directory-utilities-like-notepad-extension-type.html
Relevancy 76.54%

This happened awhile ago and I'm only NOW questioning its origins but after a certain update or maybe not a handful file extensions got their default icons changed to a rather peculiar one It's a built-in icon but doesn't fit JPEG PNG RAR VHD or even BMP I've changed them back to default using FileTypesMan but I noticed this on my old and current installation of Windows Old was clean current is in-place Is there a certain update that causes Windows to change the default icons for some extensions I mean it's not major but just curious why it goes through the trouble to mess with the default icons On some other computers such as the ones within my school I've noticed that some programs show the proper icon within the shortcut properties but when said program is open on the taskbar it shows this one attached or the icon of change...? Sudden default type file icon What? a completely different application like Microsoft word showing the icon of Sudden default file type icon change...? What? a database file or PowerPoint Any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/388627-sudden-default-file-type-icon-change-what.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all.I have a problem with the SnagIt! (screenshot capture) default output file type.The default is fixed at PDF-Adobe, which is no good to me.I need it to be jpeg or similar.Each time I make a capture, I have to scroll down the menu to chose jpeg file type. How do I set jpeg to be the default file type?Thanks for any help.

A:Problem with SnagIt! default output file type.

Right click SnagIt taskbar icon, go Output>Properties and change default.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315681/problem-with-snagit-default-output-file-type/
Relevancy 76.54%

the code im using seems to be working abolutely perfectly, except for 1 small problem, the actual icon isnt changing, ive checked the registry, and the keys are their but the icon isnt changing.. heres all the code in my program associated with the registry..

If My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.GetValue(".PRG") = Nothing Then
My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.CreateSubKey(".PRG").SetValue("", "Pyroguide", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.String)
My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.CreateSubKey("Pyroguide\shell\open\command").SetValue("", Application.ExecutablePath & _
" ""%l"" ", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.String)

My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.CreateSubKey("Pyroguide\DefaultIcon").SetValue("", My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.MyDocuments & "PyroGuide\Pyroguide.ico", _
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.String)

any ideas why it isnt working? i have a suspicion i have the icon part completely wrong (following a tutorial that was hard to follow )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-changing-default-icon-for-associated-file-type.756021/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all I do a lot of webpage editting on my computer Most of the time I would open up DW and select my files from there Now I just want to click on the file in Explorer and Chaning type for Solved: default a file program edit in in DW However when I changed the file type settings through Windows Folder Options it only did that All the icons are still for Firefox and not for DW Also if I right click on the file and select quot Edit quot it opens in MS Word which Solved: Chaning default program for a file type almost gives me a heart attack I know you may be asking quot Why do you need to use the right click edit function if it is already Solved: Chaning default program for a file type opening in DW quot Well I may change it back to open with Firefox by default so I can view the page and then right click gt edit Solved: Chaning default program for a file type to have it open in DW So my questions How do I change what the quot edit quot function does on a right click on an icon How do I change the icon for a file in Explorer if I have already changed the file type and it has not updated the icon Ex file opens in Notepad and now I default it to open in MS Word but it still has the Notepad icon Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Chaning default program for a file type

I assume these are html files. to change the edit function go to folder options>file types>highlight html > then click on advanced> highlight the edit function >then choose edit and then you can browse to the app that you want to perform the edit function.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-chaning-default-program-for-a-file-type.470840/
Relevancy 76.54%

Which one is the default setting for Windows Driver Foundation service in Windows 7: Manual or Automatic?

On my system it's set as Manual. Same service in Vista starts Automatic. I'm confused about that.

Thanks.

A:Default startup type for Windows Driver Foundation?

Hi devilus,

Mine (win 7 pro 64) manual started

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

Above link worth a look for all services config

Hedge 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612009/default-startup-type-for-windows-driver-foundation/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

Would anyone please be able to tell me what the default font type and size is used by Windows 7 with Aero activated and if it is possible to change this?

I have been hunting round the control panels menus but cannot locate these settings. I can find how to scale them re dpi etc but cannot locate the size and type settings.

Rgds
Auld Bint

A:Default Font Size & Type Using Aero - Change?

Hi,

You may find this thread interesting as the same steps are followed for what you need

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/120548-default-font-size-type-using-aero-change.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Win7 control panel offers a similar 'open file type with' dialog that is in XP.

However I've noticed that there is a problem with the extension MPEG4, MPEG-4. MPEG-4 filetype
does not appear on the list. There are options to 'change" but no "add" that I can see.

How can an additional file type be added? As is, I cannot select the proper program to open.

A:Add a file type to default programs in control panel

MPEG-4 is not a file extesion - this explains better from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316992

Quote:
MPEG-4 is an International Standards Organization (ISO) specification that covers many aspects of multimedia presentation including compression, authoring and delivery. Although video compression and file container definition are two separate and independent entities of the MPEG-4 specification, many people incorrectly believe that the two are interchangeable. You can implement only portions of the MPEG-4 specification and remain compliant with the standard.

The MPEG-4 file format, as defined by the MPEG-4 specification, contains MPEG-4 encoded video and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)-encoded audio content. It typically uses the .mp4 extension.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374380-add-file-type-default-programs-control-panel.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, it's happened to me before on a few computers a few separate times. Basically after the account session times out and XP reverts back to the logon screen while the use is still logged on, windows will not allow a password to be typed for any user. I can click on the aco**** to highlight it...but a password cannot be typed. Sometimes this happens even when the user has logged out normally and no accounts are open. The only way to get in reboot or the alt ctrl del to bring up the login prompt.

I seen some talk about this somewhere before but couldnt find it anywhere.

Any ideas?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-allow-account-password-to-be-type-after-logoff.692391/
Relevancy 76.54%

I've just been reading some of the tips for avoiding infecion in the sticky posts of this forum, and could not find any mention of using a standard windows user account rather than an adminstrator type account which is often the default for PCs and laptops with preinstalled windows.When you are logged into a standard windows user account, you do not have write permission to lots of the system files and folders.Does this mean in practice that web browsing from a standard user account offers some protection from infection ?I'm guessing that being logged-in as a standard user means that whatever malware gets executed by the browser will be unable to modify system files - though there may still be some other areas where some malware may be stored.Also, I've heard that the Chrome browser runs in a sandboxed environment. Will this also help to block malware infections?Any thoughts on any of this?

A:Is Account type a protection - also sandboxed browsing

Yes, working with a Least-privilege User Account (LUA) offers protection against most malware, especially malware that requires administrator/system rights to become persistent.
The way you work with a LUA depends also on the version of Windows you use. Things changed significantly with Windows Vista. What version do you use?

The goal of sandboxing is to prevent malware to make persistent changes to Windows. But many sandboxing technologies do not prevent read access. So if malware is designed to steal information while being sandboxed, it will be able to do so.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362077/is-account-type-a-protection-also-sandboxed-browsing/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello everybody. I've got a problem with my W8. I've got a computer who use French France AZERTY keyboard, and my Mini Laptop who use French Belgium AZERTY (not the same set of special char). BUT on my Windows 7, settings where stored locally on the computer. In Windows 8, it seems that it's stored with the online sync. And my mini laptop already change his settings to AZERTY France instead of AZERTY Belgium. How to force Windows 8 to store settings locally and bypass online sync ? Thanks a lot for your help

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16531-how-manage-two-type-keyboard-single-account.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all Totally baffled twice now I've set up parental controls for my daughter but she ends up using an admin account which won't delete or downgrade to 'Standard' I was changing the account via Start Menu - Admin Tools - User Accounts Home premium has no proper local change Can't Account: or type User delete groups and policy control I go through the steps but User Account: Can't change type or delete account remains as admin account and won't delete either Have also tried deleting in Safe Mode command prompt NET USER lt username gt DELETE I get the error 'net user system error user is not a member of group' Now I have actually disabled the account so it's not available for login net user lt username gt active no But really have no clue why vista is acting this way and how my daughter is able to 'switch' to this account without even changing knowing the password it's the nd time it's happened and I actually changed the password the last time Any ideas please or known bugs We are running SP Thanks

A:User Account: Can't change type or delete

Try this hidden administrator, then in safe mode if necessary.
Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284525-user-account-cant-change-type-delete.html
Relevancy 76.54%

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

Relevancy 76.11%

What type of device is Fan and heat sink is it a Input output or Storage Device?

A:What Type of Device is fan and heat sink

hardware - is this a homework question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-device-is-fan-and-heat-sink.1156434/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all I've tried everything I could think of to get this working so I figured it's time to ask the masses to help I just purchased a Vivitar Infinite BH Bluetooth Headset Model V -PDQ-OD and on my Windows machine the connection has been successful however I am unable to use them as a headset My Gateway All-in-one is reading the headset Device Type as a Peripheral Keyboard I have a Device Type issue Bluetooth screen shot Vivitar Screenshot Troubleshooting pdf The small yellow marks mention the device type and the fact that I have selected the PC to use the Bluetooth Device Type issue this device for audio Hell even in the system tray volume control one of the sound control options is a Bluetooth Speaker and I have that selected The headset informs me that it is paired from an automated voice after pairing There seems to be no reason for these not to work I have tested them on my cell phone and they work wonderfully would love to get this working properly on my PC Any help you can provide will be appreciated

A:Bluetooth Device Type issue

It should show up as a Virtual Keyboard device if you are using it for Speech to text. If you are showing problems, I would suggest checking to see if Vivitar has a driver update.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69091-bluetooth-device-type-issue.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Trying to change some file associations so following the standard procedure Default Programs Associate a Default type Programs/Associate program or with file a BUG protocol a file type or protocol with a program When it tries to load the Default Programs/Associate a file type or protocol with a program BUG file extension list 'Loading ' I get the messages Windows explorer has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem Windows Explorer is restarting Then the control panel window closes This has never worked on my PC Dell OptiPlex pro bit Default Programs/Associate a file type or protocol with a program BUG I have Googled this problem many times and found many people have had it since about I have never found a thread anywhere that solves it Many threads suggest causes like games programs recent changes viruses Windows repair AV and firewalls etc None of these apply to me and none of these discussions have ever arrived at a solution anyway - well except one that suggested removing SOA DLL from MS Office My MS Office didn't have SOA DLL but did have SOA DLL which I removed and rebooted It didn't change anything HAS THIS EVER BEEN FIXED

A:Default Programs/Associate a file type or protocol with a program BUG

Welcome to Seven Forums GrahamS1.

I apparently is some Dell issue, it works for my system.

You can try using this tutorial for the file association you want to change.
Default File Type Associations - Restore

I will also contact SandeepP who is a Dell person.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310028-default-programs-associate-file-type-protocol-program-bug.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i am facing this annoying problem with my win7 sp1 x64 system

whenever i set my default browser to chrome 11 i cannot see the icons on saved web pages (web page complete)
see 1st scrshot

now when i set firefox4 as my default browser voila!! i can see the icons
2nd scrshot

A:FILE TYPE ICONS NOT SHOWING WITH CHROME AS DEFAULT BROWSER

This happened also to me and didn't find a solution, sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152839-file-type-icons-not-showing-chrome-default-browser.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all - i understand that this might call for the use of resource hacker ( which i really dont have much experience using ) but im willing to give it a try or perhaps any other method(s) that might be suggested.

PDF-XChange has a horrible looking icon ( to me anyways ) that it sets for pdf files.
i would like to change the i con to another of my choice.

This is the one it sets for PDFs that you save or create by default:
This is the one that i would like to make the default for new PDFs:
Can anyone advise on how i would go about achieving this?

A:Solved: How Can I Change The Default Icon That A Program Uses For Certain File Type?

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type regedit.

Expand: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Scroll down to PDF-XChange.Document (or something similar).

Expand it and click on DefaultIcon.

In the right-hand pane, double-click the default value and change the path to where you saved your customized icon (.ico file).

Reboot the computer.
Or, read THIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-change-the-default-icon-that-a-program-uses-for-certain-file-type.970298/
Relevancy 76.11%

I upgraded to windows through a clean install I just reinstalled itunes but when it prompts me to change itunes to the default program to use for audio to program a default file-type. Cannot Problem: change the open files i click yes and nothing happens It prompts me every time I open itunes I went to control panel - Problem: Cannot change the default program to open a file-type. gt programs - gt default programs - gt set default programs and itunes wasn't there I then went to - gt associate a file type or protocol with a program but when I tried to change the default program for mp the following happened I double click mp I click browse Secondary Drive - gt Itunes - gt Itunes exe I arrive at the screen that popped up after I double clicked mp and itunes isn't on the list I tried going to a random mp file and changing its default program but the same thing happened I googled what to do and I looked for a software that would change the default program for filetypes and I used both These are download links DefaultProgramsEditor and Types They didn't work I tried the following a Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTER b Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion policies Explorer c In the right side of the screen double click on quot NoFileAssociate quot d Change the value of quot NoFileAssociate quot from to if it the value is not present create a DWORD value and enter the valaue data as e Exit Registry Editor and Restart the computer and check But I didn't seem to have the nofileassociate part in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion policies Explorer Any help would be appreciated

A:Problem: Cannot change the default program to open a file-type.

Welcome to Seven forums jshnaidz.
When you get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer

Right click in the right pane and you will get a prompt New with some options. Click on DWORD Value (32bit). Then name it too NoFileAssociate then click it in the left pane an change the value data to 0 (zero). exit, reboot and test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/204706-problem-cannot-change-default-program-open-file-type.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello thanks for looking I have a Windows Home Premium laptop with a single user on it This user recently got changed to from System type Recovery account user Change a guest account type from admin account type and I can't fix it I have read all the guides to quot enable hidden administrator account quot using quot net user administrator active yes quot but it doesn't work from regular command prompt ie not run as administrator Change user account type from System Recovery can't get past UAC safe mode command prompt or system recovery command prompt I have also Change user account type from System Recovery tried to disable UAC via system recovery command prompt by running regedit and doing the equivalent of this quot C Windows System cmd exe k windir System reg exe ADD HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System v EnableLUA t REG DWORD d f quot Obviously I can't change this from a safe mode command prompt because my user doesn't have the privileges When I boot into safe mode it automatically logs me into the user there is no option for anything else I should also mention that Ive tried this as well Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE Method after typing enableadmin lt enter gt I got the error quot The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present quot Method the load hive option was greyed out I am certain that tutorial is ALMOST what I need but they didn't work Any thoughts Unfortunately nothing will work that requires an administrator account or adminstrator console I believe my user problem can only be fixed from system recover command prompt Does anyone know how to add a new administrator user or change the account type on my existing user Please please please please help CB

A:Change user account type from System Recovery

What happens when you try to enable the original account or set up a new one with Admin rights in Control Panel>User Accounts?

Have you tried enabling the hidden administrative account using an Elevated Command Prompt? Elevated Command Prompt

If these won't work then try System Restore to before the problem began: System Restore Try it first from Windows and then from the DVD Repair console or Repair CD, or try tapping F8 at bootup to see if Repair console is on Advanced Boot Tools menu. System Repair Disc - Create

I would also try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and if necessary a Repair Install if you have access to a Win7 install DVD.

If all of these fail, then you may have messed up your system beyond repair. See if you can make your Recovery Disks if you haven't already, then back up your files and run full Factory Recovery from Windows, or by tapping the F-key given on the first boot screen or in the Manual on the Support Downloads webpage for your laptop model.

If you have access to a Win7 DVD, you can clean reinstall using these tips: re-install windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/127382-change-user-account-type-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 75.68%

hi
I have win 8
when running apps in "run as administrator" and when running most of apps, windows give me this message:

"
do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
to continue, type an administrator, password and click yes.
"

but yes button in deactive and there is not any password field to fill it.

I dont know in which type is my user account ?? standard or administrator ??
now I can't do many of actions in windows for this reason and can't enable administrator account and switch to it.

now what I must do ?? (

A:how determine user account type and change to administrato

Hello se, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Is this for Windows 8? Your specs show XP.

It sounds like the account is a standard user.

The tutorial below can help you to determine if your account is and "administrator" or "standard user" type of account in Windows 8, and change it if you like. You will only be able to change the type while signed in to an administrator account though.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35651-how-determine-user-account-type-change-administrato.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I only have one account on my recently installed Windows and accidentally from User type account changed Guest to Admin managed to change the account type from Admin to Guest in User Accounts Now I am not able to run any programs User account type changed from Admin to Guest that require administrator password The popping up window says quot to continue type an administrator password then click yes quot However it does not give me any option to enter the administrator password and the button quot yes quot is disabled see attachment Also at the logon I don't have an option to User account type changed from Admin to Guest choose any other account than the one that used to be admin but is now guest I feel like I entered a loop because now User account type changed from Admin to Guest I am not able to go back to User Accounts to change it back Are there any options for me to change the account type back to Admin It had all worked fine before but I changed my hotmail password recently and was not able to start Windows without entering the password any more so I wanted to adapt the password in User Accounts I did not find that option so left User Accounts must have then accidentally changed the account type still not sure how but since then I am not able to enter it back since I cannot run any programs as administrator Thanks for any help Piotr

A:User account type changed from Admin to Guest

Hello Piotr, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, you could try refreshing Windows 8 to see if it will set you up another administrator account. You may need to do so at boot. Be sure to back up anything that you do not want to lose first though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/22180-user-account-type-changed-admin-guest.html
Relevancy 75.68%

How, specifically, do I set the dacls for the read-only user that's used by the gateways? Can someone provide the correct command?
Also, should this account be some type of managed service account / group managed service account? And for forests with multiple domains, should the account be different for each domain? 

Many Thanks! 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a480528e-b08e-4160-96ca-dcace8d48890/gateway-readonly-user-dacls-and-account-type?forum=mata
Relevancy 75.68%

When I go to login to my Dell Inspiron One running Windows 7, my account is listed as administrator. 

But when I go to:  \Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Change Your Account Type\
it shows as a standard user.  If I select Administrator, then [Change Account Type] immediately grays out.

Ironically, while on that same screen, it shows my userid as administrator at the top.

Also, I went to the  "Computer Management" screen, and where I expect to see an item to manage user accounts, there is none.

I need to get my ability to be the administrator back.

ALSO - why did I notice this now?  Because my wife was complaining about the machine, so I went to run "Spybot Search and Destroy", and it showed problems, which it will not let me remove since I am "not" the administrator.

The Spybot Search and Destroy" found: CouponBar, SweetIM, Win32.2UrFace.bho, Yontoo.Pagerage

A:Administrator User Account Type affected by malware

Type this command at the command prompt mate.

wmic useraccount get /all /format:list

Post the results or check to make sure it is indeed a administrator account and also check your useraccount settings. A simple right click on SB&destroy and run as Administrator should work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514886/administrator-user-account-type-affected-by-malware/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have pop up error message Unable to cast object of type System Boolean to object 'System.String'" to Solved: Unable type type cast 'System.Boolean' to of type System String quot comes up every Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" time windows started So Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" I check the msconfig if some start up software has error but I couldn t find anything I unchecked all start up application and reboot it but still have error message So I go event viewer then I found the error happened in the same time I start up the windows so this might be the one This is info for error I got Log Name Application Source WMI Event ID Level error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Is there any way to fix this error so that pop up error might stop Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string.1084910/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,
I recently bought a Samsung T3 SSD, which has a USB type-c port and comes with a USB type-c to USB 3.0 (type a) cable. After some messing around with UEFI, secure boot, et. al I finally managed to install Ubuntu 16.04 on this external SSD and have been happily using it for some weeks now (i did not want to repartition my 512GB ssd in the 9550, not enough free space).
If I press F12 when the laptop boots up, the external SSD shows up in the boot menu, it just works.
To get an additional type-a USB port I bought a (well rated, not cheap) type-c on type-c USB cable. To my surprise the SSD will not show up in the 9550's boot menu when using type-c.
I already changed bios scan mode to 'thorough' like suggested elsewhere, without success.
What can I do to boot via type-c?
Thx!

A:XPS 15 (9550): Unable to boot from USB 3.1/Type-C Device

I'm writing this on a Dell XPS 15 9550 tlhat booted from and is currently running Ubuntu 16.4.1 from the USB-c port.
My solution is inelegant, but faster than any USB thumb drive I have tried.  I am using a StarTech USB 3.1 (Type C) cable that converts to SATA III on the other end where I have a 120GB Kingston SSD connected.
Obviously, I can only use this at a desk or table, but I have yet to find an acceptably fast USB thumb drive.  I'm thinking about doing this from an SDHC or SDXC drive now if I can verify that
a) the 9550 can boot from SD
b) Ubuntu 16.04.1 can see and boot from the SD interface.
I'm pretty sure both are true given the little research I've done on the matter so far.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19976519
Relevancy 75.25%

Let's say we have some service account alerts for an account test123. If we choose dismiss/resolve, and then the same account and/or same resources are continuing the bad behavior will new alerts be generated or once dismissed/resolved they are ignored.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a4c33401-e42d-42e9-bead-76af68d9c2a2/dismissresolve-will-something-in-the-same-typedevice-alert-again?forum=mata
Relevancy 74.82%

Friends,

i have windows 7 x64 in my dell precision notebook.
i have administrator user and tommy user.
tommy user is in admin group. but not able to execute any program but its account type is standard.
then i logged in as administrator and went to UAC there i try to change the account type of tommy user from standard to administrator.....as soon as i click the administrator's radio button. the "change account type" is disabling...its not enabling.
how can i solve this problem?

thanks
sathyguy

A:Change Account Type button is not enabled even as administrator user

Quote: Originally Posted by sathyguy

Friends,

i have windows 7 x64 in my dell precision notebook.
i have administrator user and tommy user.
tommy user is in admin group. but not able to execute any program but its account type is standard.
then i logged in as administrator and went to UAC there i try to change the account type of tommy user from standard to administrator.....as soon as i click the administrator's radio button. the "change account type" is disabling...its not enabling.
how can i solve this problem?

thanks
sathyguy

Welcome to the forum,

If the first two options aren't working for you in this tutorial,

User Account Type - Change

then you can try the other three and see if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204948-change-account-type-button-not-enabled-even-administrator-user.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Have a customer running Win Pro on a peer to peer network Every Wednesday it seems something is trying to log into the administrator type is Something account logon to password screen Administrator attempting into account on his computer when he isn't there When he comes into the office on Thursday or remotes into the computer via Logmein he sees that the Windows login screen as switched from his user account login icon to the administrator account login icon Thats not the strangest part though Something actually has left a few characters typed into the password field Last week it was characters this week its one character Something is attempting to type password into Administrator account logon screen He has security cameras in his office and nobody was near his desk at all The only remote access to his machine is Logmein and I checked the Logmein reports and nobody had accessed his Logmein account at any time during the hours this would have occurred I thought Something is attempting to type password into Administrator account logon screen about program or windows update that cause automatic reboots but even if it had automatically rebooted Windows it wouldn't automatically switch user to the Administrator and certainly there is no way Windows itself would be able to key in characters in a entry field that I have ever heard of Machine has been checked for malware and virus' and is clean as a whistle And if someone was using some sort of hidden remote software on the machine why would they be bothered to try and log Something is attempting to type password into Administrator account logon screen into the Administrator account when my clients users account has full administrator rights anyway The whole things is creepy Any ideas Thanks Adam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557740/something-is-attempting-to-type-password-into-administrator-account-logon-screen/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi
every time i type my password in to my user acccount on my pc it starts to log on but within a matter of seconds it logs itself off again
i tried to log on, on safe mode but it does the exact same thing
i think it may be due to a virus: spzru.exe
cany anyone help me with this?

A:computer automatically logs off as soon as i type my password in on my user account

Did you use Search and Destroy by any chance? I'm having the same problems but I can't fix due to my computer's limitations, still looking for a fix :o

Look here - No wait here xD

Good luck! Hopefully you have more than me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-automatically-logs-off-as-soon-as-i-type-my-password-in-on-my-user-account-280200.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 74.82%

XP sp latest Firefox Yahooo email PC Tools Firewall Plus Avira AV Haven t had any problems with Office apps for quite awhile Tonight I got emails with pps attachments that I can t open Usually when I click Got in that email I a can't type of open, icon pps new on attachment in the email to open it it will scan it with Norton AV must be a Yahoo thing then shows a box with quot Download quot as the only option which I have to click then another box that asks if it should Open or Save the Got a pps in email that I can't open, new type of icon file When I select Open then the file opens with the appropriate app Tonight these pps attachments would not open I downloaded them and tried to open them from there which is something I have to do once in a great while Tonight the downloaded files won t open either I did notice a different pps icon than I have seen before EDIT I sent the downloaded files to my wife s Mac and it told her it was a Keynote file I searched Keynote and it came up as a new Apple app for iPad etc When she clicked on it in the email it automatically downloaded She was able to open it by selecting Open With PPS then was able to Save As PPS When I click on the downloaded file in my pc it won t open When I right click and select Open With PPS it still won t open and it does not give me the option to Save As PPS She has Office for Mac My Office is a little older so suspect that may be the problem She has the current Mac OSC Snow Leopard but the Keynote in that isn t compatible with the Keynote version of this file She sent it back to me after she Saved As PPT apparently the Mac version of PPS and now I can open it I ve also emailed the person that sent it to me and asked what she used to open it I know she s running XP but I think she uses IE altho I wouldn t see that as making a difference Also - another continuing problem - I ve been unable to forward attachments with rec d emails since I went to the new Firefox - as recommended by Yahoo BTW It s the Yahoo Firefox version Any idea what s going on and what I could do I ve had one suggestion to try the email forwarding thing with IE to determine if it s Yahoo or Firefox - altho no suggestion was provided beyond that - but I have deleted IE because it kept interfering with Firefox and downloading amp browsing And I just plain don t like to use it or to have it on my machine Being this problem started with the new Firefox I would strongly suspect it has to do with that rather than with Yahoo anyway being I didn t change anything in Yahoo before the problem started If I do have to try another browser to see if it s Firefox or Yahoo I ll try Safari EDIT I went into my Yahoo email thru Safari and I am able to forward rec d emails and the attachments do go with them So it s definitely this quot wonderful quot new version of Firefox that Yahoo so strongly recommended While trying to figure the problem out I saw a number of posts in various places Yahoo and FF Help included that mentioned the same problem altho neither Yahoo nor FF gave any solutions I think I ll see if I can go back to an earlier version if I can find it Thanks nbsp

A:Got a pps in email that I can't open, new type of icon

You said you had an older office. Have you run: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats?
The following will allow you to open 2007 files
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-pps-in-email-that-i-cant-open-new-type-of-icon.160547/
Relevancy 74.82%

Finally after 3 weeks I find this solve for this error message

{ Unable to cast object of type system.boolean to type system.string }

by this tool " CCleaner" and It's works! 100%

Enjoy ​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string-solved.1094703/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a ECS A790GXM-A (no tweaks) and and AMD 940 Black Edition processor. I had the original BIOS and just updated it to the latest version. Both show in device manager as AMD and processor type unknown. I just tried the chip in a ASUS motherboard (ASUS M3A78-T) same AMD 790 chipset and loaded the drivers from the ASUS cd and the processor shows up correctly and runs a awful lot faster than the ECS board. Anyone experianced this? Is there a problem with the board?

A:Phenom 940 not showing Processor type in Device manager

It's recommended to update the BIOS then install Windows (not the other way around)
Obviously confirm all system drivers are up to date
Or do a Repair on Windows

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdrepair/part3.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

This is why posting more info helps

For further help: Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-940-not-showing-processor-type-in-device-manager.121879/
Relevancy 74.39%

Display properties can't detect 2nd monitor via MDP-VGA adapter even though Device Manager recognizes it as a Dell P2210 after plugging it in and installing a driver for it
2 monitors are showing in Device Manager - Generic PnP and the Dell
Should the Surface 3 display show as Generic PnP?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438011-surface-3-what-monitor-type-should-show-device-manager.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I want to prevent certain extensions file types from specific items hide type recent in a limited file from account appearing in the quot recent items quot list in Windows -bit professional I do NOT want to disable hide specific file type from recent items in a limited account Recent items completely I do however want to exclude certain file types such as movies I have playlists for that and photos from the list I normally use a limited standard account for my daily use especially when watching movie files or looking at JPGs Lately MP files are appearing in my recent items list again I want to stop that Searching on this issue has yielded a suggestion of a program called quot FileTypesMan quot However while the mp file type already has the checkbox to quot don't add this type to quot recent documents quot quot already checked it does NOT work on my limited account as they still appear in my quot Recent Items quot menu I solved this problem years ago but I can't find the bookmark to how to fix it I think FileTypeMan fixes things for whatever user is currently using it but it prompts for UAC elevation when you launch it so I have to run it as an admin not as my limited user account How do I exclude MP files from the quot Recent Items quot list in my limited account The only other thing I can find is this which talks about an quot editflags quot entry that I cannot locate with RegEdit when logged in as an admin Yet I already have some things excluded from my recent items so how was that done https msdn microsoft com library b or - If it was as simple as going to HKEY Classes Root finding the MP entry locating the a key called quot editflags quot and doing a binary OR of the value with a hexadecimal x I would have already solved the problem Obviously I'm missing something I looked for quot editflags quot and only found ONE entry in the entire HKEY CLASSES ROOT under the flv entry and I think it was from me experimenting years ago trying to solve this problem but as I said I lost the bookmark probably dead and deleted Again FileTypesMan does NOT work for my limited account Checking the flag in that program has NO effect on my limited account So how did I solve it years ago I am using Windows -bit Professional but have a bad habit of referring to things by the old terms I've been using for the last years such as calling quot Programs and Features quot quot Add Remove Programs quot or quot Computer quot quot My Computer quot or quot Standard Accounts quot quot Limited Accounts quot granted that one is only years for Windows as I have limited experience with NT

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/395485-hide-specific-file-type-recent-items-limited-account.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey all I have spent the weekend trying to figure out how to change my account user changed to back account Main type guest, can't change type back to administrator but with no luck I have been running this laptop as my main machine for a few months now with no problems however I realised I had a problem when I wanted to change some networking settings on Friday when the UAC said I needed admin privileges and wouldn't let Main user account type changed to guest, can't change back me enter a password or click quot Yes quot hence not allowing me to go any further I went to control panel gt User accounts and saw my account type has been changed to Guest Now I have thought long and hard and I have not changed or had any need to change my account type to guest nor has anyone else had access to my laptop so I can only assume this has been done in the last week or so during a Windows update I'll tell you what I did to try to resolve this below First of all I tried to enable the hidden administrator account while in my account by running command prompt as admin and then entering net user Administrator active yes but as I don't have admin privileges I couldn't even open the command prompt so I couldn't get any further After reading around the net and this forum I found this thread and gave it a try After restarting the laptop and booting into safe mode I was expecting to see and Administrator account next to my account at the log in screen however there was only the administrator account to choose from so I clicked it and it went through the first time initialisation of the account and then showed me the start menu I then went to run the command prompt as admin and it worked I entered net user Administrator active yes which worked with no problems I then went to the user accounts in control panel to quot Manage other accounts quot but my usual account was nowhere to be found So I thought I'd restart the laptop and see what happens out of safe mode When it restarted I was still only presented with the admin account so I logged in to disable the hidden by entering net user Administrator active no in the command prompt run as admin and then restarted After restarting again I was expecting to see my account but was still presented with only the admin account but when I clicked on it it said it was disabled and I was completely locked out of windows Luckily I created a restore point so I managed to restore my settings and was back at square one After a bit of testing it seems my main user account is being removed when I enter safe mode but do nothing else I have no idea why entering safe mode is removing my account I am at a bit of a loss as I can't seem to activate admin privileges on my account but if i try to fix it I lose my account completely I did find this thread but I can't find the download link for Hiren's boot cd If anyone has any help fixes or advice I'd really appreciate it as I don't really want to restore my laptop to factory Even if I do restore it to factory will this problem happen again Any help would be absolutely great Cheers Mark

A:Main user account type changed to guest, can't change back

You could try option 2 from here Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Hirens you can download from here Download Hiren?s BootCD 15.2 | HBCD Fan & Discussion Platform but I'd try the administrator method first

Good luck

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/46162-main-user-account-type-changed-guest-cant-change-back.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

i'm running windows 10 and WLM 2012.

email was working and I can receive and read incoming emails

now get error message - please see attached for screendump

Although the error message refers to "open" that's not what I'm trying to do. This error occurs when selecting "Email message" or "Reply"

help please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630726/wlm-2012-unable-to-type-new-email-or-reply/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have updated java, flash player and installed VLC and I still can not download and view any type of videos sent to me via email. Any suggestions of what to do or what the problem is?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-download-any-type-of-videos-sent-email-546726.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I want to keep a received email message but the type is very large, can I reduce it? I do not have Office.

A:Reduce type size of email message

hi itforsenior welcome to tsf,

try the free program open office.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/reduce-type-size-of-email-message-547294.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I've rolled back from windows 10 preview to windows 8.1 doing exact steps in this link :
http://www.windowscentral.com/roll-back-windows-phone-81-windows-10-preview
it worked, but when I come to the welcome-wizard, I connect to the wi-fi and select region/time..etc but when it comes to add my account, as soon as I tap on the email address text box the phone freezes for 2 seconds then restarts .
I then skipped the step for later and tried to open IE, same issue happens when I try to type in the address bar!
any help!?
this didn't happen with me before.
Thanks.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439403-phone-restarts-whenever-i-type-email-address-open-ie.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello folks, I'm having an issue with my keyboard. I'm running with Windows 10 on my Lenovo G50 laptop. My keyboard will not function while using the "Ask me anything" search bar, my email application, or the sticky notes application. I'm sure there are more apps that would not cooperate with my keyboard at this point, but my keyboard obviously works while on google chrome and other internet apps, as well as File Explorer and iTunes. Any ideas? Please and thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66913-keyboard-will-not-type-certain-apps-search-bar-email-stickynote.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Scenario We have batches of like - PC's coming in here a month and I've only been here a month presently they are the it product without with WIM Will (same and imageX, recognized? a be key generalization Capturing embedded type). deploying device doing things the slow way Question nbsp With being here and all manufacturers like Lenovo embedding the windows product key in Capturing a WIM with imageX, and deploying it without generalization (same device type). Will the embedded product key be recognized? the bios is this Capturing a WIM with imageX, and deploying it without generalization (same device type). Will the embedded product key be recognized? possible I spoke with support there but I question her answer she said as long as the image is captured and being deployed to the same device type example a carbon x that I dont need to generalize the image and that the system will automatically detect the key and apply it during deployment phase does this sound accurate Can anyone confirm this for me Reason Windows updates take forever sometimes HOURS Across all of our organizations there are only device types I want to create an image that has all the updates and essential software installed for these device types Then deploy them using an answer file and light touch WinPE methodologies over a network share Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30ad15f1-08bf-4b8d-a433-e977bf7bfd0d/capturing-a-wim-with-imagex-and-deploying-it-without-generalization-same-device-type-will-the?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.24%

Today, I wanted to use an application called Zadig, which replaces the drivers for USB type devices. However, I accidentally replaced the driver for the integrated webcam! Applications like Skype will no longer recognize the webcam. Additionally, after checking the device manager, the integrated webcam is now located under USB devices... My computer thinks it is a USB device now. I uninstalled the driver and deleted the driver software, and restarted the computer. However, it just reinstalled the incorrect driver, and it is still under the USB category in device manager. I cannot seem to find the integrated webcam driver  for the XPS 15 9550 on the dell website. Can somebody please help me out?
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994421
Relevancy 70.95%

I used - trogan adware malware programs previously suggested It helped in the sense that web email access doesn't crash every minutes but still freezing often a few times -email Still Type Of Know Etc & Of 8-10 Use Even Anti-trojan, Web After Don't Infection/problem Freezing Progr... Malware, in an hour and I Don't Know Type Of Infection/problem -email & Web Still Freezing Even After Use Of 8-10 Anti-trojan, Malware, Etc Progr... can't use Explorer at all Even when I tried to download hijackthis log it froze And then again when I tried to send this log Here is the log I'd appreciate help Thank you in advance LeesteffyLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoguard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System NMSSvc exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS MsLX exec named exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Tgcmd quot C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe server quot O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exeO - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cplO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run System service C WINDOWS etb pokapoka exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Billminder lnk C Program Files Quicken billmind exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exeO - Global Startup Quicken Startup lnk C Program Files Quicken QWDLLS EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xpo... Read more

A:Don't Know Type Of Infection/problem -email & Web Still Freezing Even After Use Of 8-10 Anti-trojan, Malware, Etc Progr...

Please download LQfix.exe and save it to your desktop.Double-Click LQfix.exe and click Next > Next > Install.Leave the default settings, if you change them, the fix will Fail!Now make sure the "Launch LQfix" box is checked.Click the Finish button, after clicking the Finish button the fix will start.Follow the on-screen prompts.Your system will now reboot afterwards.Please be patient after the reboot, there is a script running in the background that needs to complete.Now do a scan with HiJackThis and post a new log by using Add ReplyDavid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35990/dont-know-type-of-infectionproblem-email-web-still-freezing-even-after-use-of-8-10-anti-trojan-malware-etc-programs-previously-suggested/
Relevancy 70.52%

My PC's been running wierd for about a week now and in that time numerous infections have been found, quarantined and removed. Last virus scan came back clear 'hooray!'... or so i thought...I use AVG free 8.5 and within the space of 45 mins i have received two seperate threat alerts. The first one was exploit phoenix exploit kit type 1112and the second one was exploit rogue scanner type 1148 The next step was unplugging it and drop kicking it out the window until these threat alerts popped up as it proves the machine is still under the influence of something. Can someone please advise me on the 'whats', 'hows' and 'whens' to restore my PC back to how it should be?Many much thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337954/exploit-phoenix-exploit-kit-type-1112-and-exploit-rogue-scanner-type-1148/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone It! Everything Type I Gets I As Type Erased My laptop was fine until a few days ago All of a sudden when I turned it on and attempted to sign into my email I noticed that the letters would erase as I typed them sometimes immediately sometimes not until I would finish typing the whole word It is now extremely frustrating to use it beacause sometimes I try to type fast to get it all in before it gets deleted and then I move down to say the password field and begin to type there well that will all erase AND the username field above will erase too This occurs on every program including the address bar when I try to enter websites in my browser I ve noticed that the cursor just moves around when it s not being touched and also sometimes when I try to select something with it it will just Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! open it quickly and close it For instance I cannot even access the start menu as when it is selected it quickly flashes but will not open Or sometimes give me an error message like Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! quot are you sure you want to abort this quot when I hadn t even touched anything It s almost as if someone is watching what I m doing online and fooling around with me okay NOW I sound off Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! my rocker - but is that possible It is so bad that I am actually typing this question on my Sidekick because my laptop would not permit me to I m thinking otherwise that I must have some sort of bug so I ve run several spyware adware checks anti-virus scans including Ewido reset the system back two months and still no dice The keyboard is perfectly clean with no obstructions or stuck keys It s an Averatec laptop I am using windows xp professional and I believe xp plus is installed as well The computer is primarily used for internet surfing and I do not open foreign emails I do have it on a wireless network that is WEP encrypted Does anyone have any idea what I may be looking at here I apologize for the long-winded question I am just at the end of my rope with this thing and typing on my Sidekick isn t really doin it for me LOL

A:Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It!

Well, at first glance this seems to be a hardware issue and not a software issue. Something is 'firing', perhaps the keyboard, perhaps the mousepad or buttons. Don't know. But the fact that your scans come up clean kind of confirms this also. Are you using a mouse with this laptop? A wireless mouse perhaps? Disconnect the mouse if that is the case. See if the problems go away.EDIT: I almost forgot: Welcome to BC!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52502/everything-i-type-gets-erased-as-i-type-it/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I'm looking for a converter that will take my DV Type-1 AVI files and output them as DV Type-2 AVI files for editing with Premier Pro.

Iīd like to capture directly with Premier Pro, but I canīt get my Panasonic NV-GS180 to work with FireWire, so I have to capture with USB-interface using Moviemaker

Thank you for any help

A:DV type 1 to DV type 2 converter

How large are the files? This software has a 4GB limit I believe.
http://www.ulead.com/download/dvconverter/download.htm

also: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVdate not sure of any limits.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dv-type-1-to-dv-type-2-converter.93916/
Relevancy 69.66%

Re the new usb type C and usb version 3.1 I get that the type is the physical connector, and that the 3.1 is the latest standard a port could utilize. What I don't get is the type A to type C connector cables. This is fine for connecting backward to 2.0 , or 3.0 etc. But how can a type A port (and connector) support all the features of 3.1 ? All my reading (dozens of discussions) have not said anything about this. It seems 3.1 requires a lot of wires, more than a Type A connector/port has, is that true, meaning Type A cannot carry full 3.1 features. Or in other words, no Type A port will ever support full 3.1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-type-a-to-type-c-cables.1169477/
Relevancy 69.23%

Is there a way in 10 to add modifiers or switches to a default program?

For example, I would like a .xlsx Microsoft Excel file to open with C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e "%1 (That is, adding " /e "%1 to the command line of the .exe file)

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations lets me change the default program, but not HOW the program opens.
When I click on a file type, a pop up only gives me the option of keeping the existing default, or looking for a different app. But no right-click option or otption to modify how the program opens (as I believe there was in XP & 7).
(Also, is there a better way I could have described the issue in the subject line?)

Thank you,
Ed

A:How do you edit default program for file type to include "/" option?

I would think you should be able to edit the shortcut to the executable with command switches or create a batch file to run using those same switches. Nothing should have changed with this process in Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52784-how-do-you-edit-default-program-file-type-include-option.html