Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Q: Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Main email account iin Outlook 2010 is POP3 with 50+ rules for distributing email into folders. Attempted to set up a secondary account which is an Exchange account. No rules needed for this account; volume will b v low.

Rules set up for the POP3 account are being applied to both the POP3 and Exchange accounts. Exchange account is rejecting rules and declaring them invalid. From main email menu in Outlook, going to Rules and then Manage Rules and Alerts, I can see that the rules are being applied to both accounts. I cannot see how to get rid of the Exchange account in Manage Rules and Alert.

I have dropped the Exchange account till I can get advice on this, and will have to restart set up of Exchange account but hopefully with some guidance on how to avoid over zealous application of rules beyond the POP3 account for which they are intended. My Hotmail account is unaffected.

Thanks in advance

A:Clash of Outlook 2010 folder Rules when using POP3 & Exchange accounts

Have you tried using the "Sent to people or public group" option?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/285761-clash-outlook-2010-folder-rules-when-using-pop3-exchange-accounts.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 92.45%

How can I re-index Outlook 2010?

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with outlook 2010 retrieving my work email ( exchange)

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

I followed the instruction in the ink below :

How to Fix Outlook 2007 and 2010 Search problems | MS Outlook for Business

But still I am having same issue

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 exchange account ,,,,search not working proparly

Hi there ... Your Indexing must not be complete .. Read the Link below ...
Outlook search returns No matches found

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/312745-outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with an outlook 2010 that has an exchange account

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

What should I do to overcome this issue

Thanks

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.4061602/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi!

I have a little problem:

I work with Outlook 2003 and an Exchange 2003 Server.
On an Exchange Server exists a rule limitation.
For this reason I need a plug in for Outlook to sort all my emails in special folders.

Or does anyone knows how I can save my rules local and not on the Exchange Server?
Regards,

gicio

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi!

I have a little problem:

I work with Outlook 2003 and an Exchange 2003 Server.
On an Exchange Server exists a rule limitation.
For this reason I need a plug in for Outlook to sort all my emails in special folders.

Or does anyone knows how I can save my rules local and not on the Exchange Server?
Regards,

gicio

A:Microsoft Outlook 2003 local rules with Exchange???

This is a double post.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176632
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176640

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2003-local-rules-with-exchange.176632/
Relevancy 78.69%

Outlook 2010 email what is "Run Rules now" for. Do i need to use it after creating rules and alerts?? see attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/outlook-2010-run-rules-now-1149233.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

Hope you can help with my frustrations here.

How come rules in Outlook sometimes work and sometimes don't!? I just don't get it.

Example: I get a load of spam emails delivered to me from the same spamming address. I create a rule to tell Outlook to deliver this mail to the junk folder if an email is sent by the sender. Never seems to work.
I have other rules set up on another spammer with exactly the same instructions. Works every time.
What's going on here? Why does it only work sometimes?

Cheers for your help.

Chredge.

A:Outlook 2010 rules

are you sure its the same email address , often the address is very slightly different to avoid blocking , unless you block the domain @domain.com
and often you do not want to do that , as it blocks emails you actually want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-rules.1154388/
Relevancy 78.69%

I may be missing something, but Outlook's rules don't seem to include ( with one built in exception) an "or" condition. It certainly doesn't offer any such rules based on an existing email like it does with al those "and" rules.
As in, If the subject contains "double glazing" OR "new windows" move it to..... etc
Or as in, If the subject or the from contains "double glazing" ........ etc
But surely a rule system needs to be able to catch alternatives sometimes. Because the key word may sometimes be in a selection of fields or may have variations. As in my examples above.
Whereas I'd have thought that the "and" condition was less useful, except as a safeguard.
Is there a way to create these "or" conditions?
Am I missing something, either in the rules or the underlying logic?

In the search box (mine says "Search All Mail Items") try entering your rule (as a Boolian search). I just tested a few thousand emails and entered rules such as:

Jack OR Bruce OR Emin

The search returned the expected list (I had HIGHLIGHT enabled). Not sure how how far the rule engine can be strung.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351496-outlook-2010-rules.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey there ..... I recently had a catastrophic hard drive failure. Luckily I used this Utility called Fbackup to back up my stuff so I'm golden ..... accept ..... my rules in Outlook are lost .... not a big deal I can recreate most of them but there is one rule I can't seem to recreate and that is:

I used to have the ability to sort my emails such that if an email comes in and the Senders Address is not in my Contact List, the email would of been redirected to a folder I created called "Junk Email " for review.

I used to be able to do that but for the life of me I'm unable to figure out how to restore
that rule.....and I'm getting a ton of spam in my Inbox.

Your Thoughts?

Thanks,
Michael

That is a default setting under junkmail options in outlook 2007 & I believe 2010

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-rules.1070892/
Relevancy 76.97%

for some reason outlook 2010 does not show new desktop alerts, play sound or show the envelope in the systray when new mail arrives. I am running windows 7. I have rules set up to display a desktop alert & play a sound upon arrival of new mail. These are also set up in the options tab. anyone else have this problem. I thought it may be because I only check my email a couple times a week but I have been checking daily just to check that theory........& still no good

A:rules & alerts not working in outlook 2010

From what I found you are not alone with this issue.
You can do a Google for outlook 2010 alerts not working and get a lot of hits about this.

It may depend on what type of account(s) you are using, such as POP3, IMAP, etc.

Here are some threads I found that can give you some things to try...
Are Desktop Alerts for incoming e-mails still not working? - Microsoft Community
Question Defense ? Outlook 2010 New Mail Desktop Alerts Not Working In Windows 7
Outlook 2010 desktop alert not working

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/309903-rules-alerts-not-working-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My main machine had a hard drive failure. My backup software had a current copy of everything, but for some reason, I cannot properly rebuild my entire drive. I had been contemplating reinstalling Windows 7 and at this point would like to do so.

However, though I have the full data files for email available, I did not have a recent rules export from Outlook 2010. Since I have access to all the files for outlook is there a way to export the rules from the backup version, or is there a way to install the new and then over-write the new version with the old version. My rules are fairly long, so recovering them would save a lot of time.

My backup version of OL 2010 had all fixes applied at the time the drive failed.

A:Recovering Outlook 2010 Rules after Reinstall

Found this answer finally:

If you upgraded to Outlook 2010 from a version of Outlook earlier than Microsoft Outlook 2002, you might have an .rwz file on your computer's hard disk drive. The .rwz file is no longer needed, and the information about rules is now kept on the server running Microsoft Exchange, and in the Outlook Data File (.pst) for POP e-mail accounts. You can delete the file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/226449-recovering-outlook-2010-rules-after-reinstall.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a "defer delivery" rule that I've set up. It delays the sending of Outlook emails so they sit in my outbox for a minute before leaving the computer. But as of late they are just sitting in the Outbox and not going anywhere - not always, but some of the time.

I've tried disabling Com add-ins, anti-virus, checked POP settings and called the provider. I've also tried deleting the rule and re-creating it. None of these have solved the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks if you can help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-rules-alerts-defer-delivery-problem.1074236/
Relevancy 75.25%

I need to see what accounts are forwarding mail to an account. I have a user who is receiving automatically forwarded mail from *some* account, but this was not authorized and there's no evidence of a request for it.

I need to know how I can look at that user's account to see who's account has been configured to auto-forward that email.

NOTE: I realize that there is probably a very surface of seeing this, such as the forwarded email says who it is from. However this user is not friendly and I'd rather not deal with them - and I don't really have to at this point. So if I can do this under the table, I'd rather do it that way.

A:Forwarded Email - Exchange 2010

How many users do you have?

And do you have access to the exchange server?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/forwarded-email-exchange-2010-a-808857.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am changing my Internet company next week and this will mean I get a new set of email addresses that I can set up to my hearts desire in my new domain.

Question is:

Will all my current rules apply to the mail I receive at present from different people after they have updated there info with my new address? Or will I have to delete the rules and start again as and when I receive the mails? I am thinking probably the latter will apply though

TIA

Steve

A:Outlook Rules and new Email address

You 'll be using the same version of Outlook with the new email address as well right? You could export the rules (Tools > Rule Wizard > Options > Export Rules) just in case it loses them. Then import them again later when you've got the new email address(es) set up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/151509-outlook-rules-new-email-address.html
Relevancy 73.96%

When I minimize Outlook 2007 into the bottom right hand side to my computer, and then roughly half an hour later I double click it to open it up, it opens up fine, but the same bubble giving me the same error message appears without fail every time:"Outlook is not responding. If you are using a Microsoft Exchange email account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Requests on the shortcut menu".Firstly, what is a Microsoft Exchange email account?Secondly, I must be using it, so how do I 'cancel it', and will it affect Outlook's performance if I do?Thirdly, where is the 'Outlook icon in the notifications areaOutlook icon in the notifications area'?Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96905/microsoft-exchange-email-account/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, everyone.
I need to do a clean reinstall of my OS.

Anyway, before I FDISK everything out of existence, I need to back up all my crucial information, which mainly ends up being our email folders, email rules, and our half dozen or so email account configurations.

Can anyone help me with simple step-by-step instructions for backing up email folders, rules, and account info (SMTP server info, passwords, etc.) for Outlook 2002 (not Outlook express - everything online seems only to pertain to Outlook Express) on Windows XP?

In the past, I have tried just copying my .pst file to a cdrom, but that didn't backup our rules wizard rules or our email account configurations.

If I am leaving out any critical info, please let me know. Your help is appreciated!

Relevancy 73.1%

When I create a corporate email account in the Mail app I see the message:
"To sync [email protected]com , you'll need to change this PC's settings to match the mail server's security policy. See how."
When I click 'See how' the following message comes up:
Does anyone know exactly what these security settings are and is there a list of steps to undo them in case this email account is removed later on? Since I already receive that email on my iPad it's more nice to have than need to have on this PC but I don't want to be stuck with limitations that I cannot undo.

TIA

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/22376-corporate-exchange-email-account-mail-app.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.

I use SBS2011 with around 20 mailboxes.

The mailboxes were transfered from a SBS2003 server. Now I have several (older) mailboxes with Junk Email Validation errors:

I want to remove all allowed and blocked email addresses for these mailboxes to start fresh, but I only get validation errors and then I cannot save the changes. Adding extra addresses also gives an error, but the address is saved.

I use Outlook Web Access to cleanup the blocked and allowed email addresses.

Can anyone direct me to the correct way to clean it up???

Relevancy 72.67%

This issue has been driving me crazy for weeks now Outlook Not / Exchange Rules 2003 / Running 2003 OS is XP Pro SP I work for a large ISP here in Atlanta We get e-mails from vendors peers customers internal departments etc all the time I have to keep them in separate personal folders so I can easily sort them and because we have very limited mailbox space on the Exchange server Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 / Rules Not Running I Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 / Rules Not Running easily get e-mails a day I currently have rules setup The first are server side rules deleting a lot of crap that I just don t need Those server side rules run just fine automatically The other rules are client side because they are the ones moving e-mails to personal folders The first two work fine automatically They are Code Apply this rule after the message arrives with XXX in the subject move it to the XXX folder and stop processing more rules and Code Apply this rule after the message arrives with XXX in the recipient's address move it to the XXX folder and stop processing more rules quot XXX quot being work related terms addresses however none of the rest of the rules will run automatically If I run them manually they work just fine The next rule after the two above is Code Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'Read ' or 'read ' in the subject move it to the B U Read Receipts U B folder and stop processing more rules and so on and so forth Every rule has the quot and stop processing more rules quot on the end Now I can go through and delete them all and start adding them in again and they ll run automatically just fine for a while Then just stop and start behaving like above I m aware of the k rule limit I ve kept the name of the rules small and tried to make them as efficient as possible I don t think I ve hit the k limit I didn t get any error message when saving rules Why are the last not running automatically Hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Greetings,

I am getting the following message when I start outlook:

Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange server.  A temporary mailbox exists, but might not have
     all of your previous date.  

You can connect to the temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data.  If you choose to work with your
     old date, you cannot send or received email messages.
    Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook Window.  Before you can use this Outlook data tile .ost you
   must connect to Microsoft Exchange with your current profile and synchronize your folders at least once.

Outlook is running very slow.  If anyone knows what I can do to remedy this situation I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Smorton

A:2010 Outlook Exchange Problem

Hello Smorton,

Sorry but this may take a lot of questions back and forth. Is this a company machine? If so do you know what MS Exchange Server version you are on?  

Thanks,

Ron

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566550/2010-outlook-exchange-problem/
Relevancy 72.24%

We have a user who boss forwards her emails she has to print. It sometimes prints a date of August 15,2012 in left corner. This is not with every email. Most emails did not print a date at top at all. This problem only occurs when one boss A send her emails. When i forward this email to myself it does not print a date. Here is the source code of the email below. Any help would be helpful. I am new to the company. We have Outlook 2010 and Microsoft Exchange 2003.

<style>

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

</style>

<![endif]-->

<title>August 15, 2012</title>

<style>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-and-exchange-2003.1089491/
Relevancy 72.24%

Every time I click on an email my mouse pointer turns into a spinning circle and i have to wait. I use an exchange server. I have a new HP 32 bit laptop, running window 7 with 4 GB of RAM . I have tried repairing office and deleting and recreating my profile to know avail. My email is in cache mode. I read a post somewhere that I should try running in safe mode so I tried it by running "outlook.exe /safe" but I cant tell if I'm in safe mode. Does anybody know how to tell if I'm running in safe mode and is there anything detrimental in doing this. No body else in my office has this problem with the same office and OS. Can anyone help.

A:outlook exchange 2010 very slow

I could be wrong, making some assumptions...
Clean up your mail folders especially ones with large attachements. Exchange is really not a good place for document storage. Bloated exchange folders is your likely culprit if others aren't experiencing the same issue.

I wouldn't mess with safe mode as a fix for this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-exchange-2010-very-slow.1073021/
Relevancy 71.38%

1. In Groupwise, you can go to your sent items folder and there are columns showing whether the sent email has been Opened, Deleted, and Replied by the recipient.

2. Also, you can also delete/retract sent email from the recipients inbox if they have not read the email yet.

Are these available in Exchange/Outlook?

A:Are these Groupwise features in Exchange/Outlook 2010?

I used Groupwise with a previous employer and remebre that.
The answer:
for 2. is I don't think so, you can however when you open a sent message under options choose to resend or recall the unread message and if it's still unread it will be recalled and detelde, you'll receive notification if it was successful or not.
1. No as far as I know not possible. haven't seen the oprion myself, but at the offecie we are one or two versions behind 2010 and don't know what options are available.
Have you tried the Miscrosoft site for information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-groupwise-features-in-exchange-outlook-2010.986114/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi All

I'll working at a IT Tech in my local area and a business has Microsoft 365 exchange server for there email and not working with office 2010 outlook

They install win 10 upgrade from win 7 and was working but win 10 fell over so I backed up info and wiped HDD and put Win7 pro back on and Office 2010 and then outlook setup and it keeps fighting with their Microsoft 365 exchange server for the email.

last point I could get is to was password popup keeps coming back??

I did endup downloading a sec patch for outlook anonymous authentication coz the drop down was missing

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/microsoft-365-exchange-not-working-with-2010-outlook-1099825.html
Relevancy 70.95%

hello,

We recently upgraded our servers from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. One of major issues is the syncing of mail on our Droid phones. Many of use the Touchdown email client. The older Touchdown clients failed and once upgraded to the latest version, it works fine. However the native email client on android OS is not working at all. I have tried unchecking "use a secured connection" and unchecking "verify certificates" Also since we carry many different models of Droids, different OS's don't seem to make a difference either.

Anyone on exchange 2010 ever encounter any issues with Android.

A:Exchange 2010 Upgrade Caused Native Droid Email Client To Fail

I had some issues when we switched over. I was just using the native andriod client as opposed to Touchdown. I would check some of the android forums and just search for outlook. there were several threads on those boards and something i found there ended up correcting my issue. sorry don't have my droid anymore and can't recall the settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-upgrade-caused-native-droid-email-client-to-fail.1002389/
Relevancy 70.95%

Over the weekend we installed a new Exchange 2016 server running on a Server 2012 R2 Std VM (through Hyper-V) and connected all of our workstations running Outlook 2010 to it. They stay connected for awhile (maybe an hour or two) but then go to "Trying to connect." The really strange thing is, OWA works, email on phones works and connecting a computer outside of our network to Exchange through Outlook seems to stay connected fine.

DNS checks out fine and resolves like it should. We can ping and browse to the Exchange server fine.

Strange but I get several "Search" errors in the event log when it seems to stop. (Event ID 3036 the content source cannot be accessed) as well as Event ID 35 - Failed to determine if the store is in the crawl scope.

I am at a loss right now so any help would be appreciated!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/outlook-2010-trying-to-connect-to-server-exchange-2016-a-1152169.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Running an exchange 2010 server.

I have a number of users who's email will disappear.
Mail will return if you disable any type of sorting filter.
However will disappear again if you change folders.
This will effect any folder not just the inbox.

I have tried the following.

Recreating the profile in Outlook 2007
Deleting the pst and ost files
Adding new sort field and removing it.
Disabling cache mode.

I have not preformed an office 07 repair yet as did not think it would have any impact.

This is effecting about 10% of my users.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff P.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-issue-with-exchange-server-2010.955759/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I am trying to remove all addresses for several users in the block- and allow list in the outlook web access,

I have removed all the allowed addresses and also the blocked addresses, when I click save I still get an validation error on one of the removed email addresses.

Is there a command for the Exchange Management Console to clean up these junk mail addresses both allowed and blocked?

tnx,
Wouter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-outlook-web-access-block-or-allow-options.1107099/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone Want to first start off by thanking you for taking the time to look at my problem with Outlook First the background I work as IT for our company but I myself am having an issue with a new change in the company that happened last weekend We moved to an outsourced Exchange server for our emails Now previously you either setup the email push on a timer or manually did it for Outlook not Exchange. Win is with pushing outbox 2010, office 7, sending and receiving With Exchange it should be automatic and sync it all between your Win 7, office 2010, Outlook is not pushing outbox with Exchange. devices connected to that account on the server If I create and send an email on either the Webmail browser email platform or my phone it works like it is supposed to The Issue When I create an email with my laptop running Win pro and Office using Outlook it never gets sent unless I manually push it It fails to automatically sync and send the email It also refuses to go out if I set a timer or Rule to push it out I have check various areas where it could be but still could use the help I'm thinking my next try might be to reinstall Office

A:Win 7, office 2010, Outlook is not pushing outbox with Exchange.

Okay so I Have a Sync log that has failed. Removed any information not necessary and replaced with "----"

Quote:
10:57:22 Synchronizer Version 14.0.4734
10:57:22 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Joe ---------'
10:57:22 Synchronizing Hierarchy
10:57:25 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'
10:57:25 Uploading to server '----------------'
10:57:29 1 item(s) updated in online folder
10:57:29 1 view(s)/form(s) updated in online folder
10:57:29 Downloading from server '----------------'
10:58:01 20 item(s) added to offline folder
10:58:01 1 view(s)/form(s) updated in offline folder
10:58:01 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Drafts'
10:58:02 Uploading to server '--------------------'
10:58:02 Synchronization of some deletions failed.
10:58:02 [0-130]
10:58:03 3 item(s) deleted in online folder
10:58:03 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Outbox'
10:58:03 Uploading to server '-----------------'
10:58:03 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Suggested Contacts'
10:58:03 Uploading to server '----------------'
10:58:03 1 item(s) added to online folder
10:58:03 Downloading from server '-----------------'
10:58:03 1 item(s) updated in offline folder
10:58:06 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'RLT'
10:58:06 Uploading to server '--------------'
10:58:06 1 item(s) updated in online folder
10:58:06 Downloading from server '------------------'
10:58:11 2 item(s) added to offline folder
10:58:12 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Sent Items'
10:58:12 Uploading to server '--------------------'
10:58:15 5 item(s) added to online folder
10:58:15 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Deleted Items'
10:58:15 Uploading to server '-------------------'
10:58:16 1 item(s) added to online folder
10:58:16 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Junk Email'
10:58:16 Uploading to server '---------------------'
10:58:17 1 item(s) updated in online folder
10:58:17 2 item(s) changed read-state in online folder
10:58:17 Downloading from server '-------------------'
10:58:18 Done
10:58:37 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
10:58:37 Download successful

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/337366-win-7-office-2010-outlook-not-pushing-outbox-exchange.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there

I got a computer from my work and changed the username, which created a new user in Windows 7 but I can live with that and move the files and so on.

The thing is that apparently by changing the name it also left the company's domain and now when I try to re-configure my account in Outlook I get the error "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavaliable..."

I would like to continue using Outlook and be able to configure my account, I've checked registries and read quite a lot of threads without success, any ideas would be more than helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Angela

A:Outlook 2010: the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable

Not clear about the conditions...

Are you trying to log in remote (from a home office)?
Is the office behind a firewall?
Did the workstation access the Exchange server correctly FROM THE OFFICE or from a remote location (your home office) before adding a new account?

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/215408-outlook-2010-connection-microsoft-exchange-unavailable.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello An issue with Outlook in combination with my Microsoft Exchange e-mail account was that it couldn't remember the password and I had to enter it every time 2010 Outlook (Exchange) password doesn't save I started Outlook This was solved by adding a credential through 'control user passwords ' a workaround which can be found on several sites However this doesn't Outlook 2010 doesn't save password (Exchange) seem to work anymore using Outlook with Windows Or at least it seems to work different but I can't get it to work Outlook itself creates a generic credential in the form of MS Outlook lt USERNAME gt lt EXCHANGESERVER gt PUT but on another website I found the form MS Outlook lt E-MAILADDRESS gt lt EXCHANGESERVER gt PUT It also creates two Windows credentials one with the username also as server and one with the correct exchange server username and password What should I add to make Outlook Outlook 2010 doesn't save password (Exchange) remember my password I also tried some other workarounds for previous versions of Outlook but they all didn't work I tried these Stop Outlook Outlook Express Asking For Your Password Every Time Windows Vista Windows Tools Help amp Guides Outlook won't save passwords in Vista save password Does anyone know how to solve this I also posted this problem here http social technet microsoft com e- b beeb e

A:Outlook 2010 doesn't save password (Exchange)

I try itself, it's ferry simpel. Open Outlook 2010.
Than comming the dialoog box whit your nickname and password.
Delete your nickname and password. So that is blank. Than click the "Remember password". And click on the "Save"button. And close Outlook 2010.
Than open Outlook 2010 again. Than is not show more the dialoog box.

Thats all.

Greetz Robin

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/57233-outlook-2010-doesnt-save-password-exchange.html
Relevancy 70.95%

After I imported a pst into my mailbox(using the option to replace duplicates) I know have strikethroughs on all of the duplicates that should have been replaced.

How can I get rid of these messages.

I have also checked and the messages are not set to expire.

A:Outlook 2010 Using Exchange - Strikethrough after importing PST File

Perhaps this procedure will help:
Purge IMAP items marked for deletion - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/264111-outlook-2010-using-exchange-strikethrough-after-importing-pst-file.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello folks I Exchange 2010 Outlook from another? to Export computer content one know with pop account it's Export Outlook 2010 Exchange content from one computer to another? quite easy export everything to PST and import with new computer Is something like this possible with Exchange server accounts Last time I tried importing PST into Outlook exchange account import went ok all emails were there calendar notes tasks but the moment I was online laptop started to sync everything from scratch - resulting in duplicate emails Reason why I want to do this is to avoid long time waiting for sync everything In my case PST file created was GB I need to leave laptop overnight sometimes - hours to sync all emails as I live in EU and our company emails are at Exchange server in US Internet speed is ok I guess MB per second but I'm losing almost days to sync everything That's the main reason I'm pushed back re-installing laptop sometimes Is there a way to export all emails to HDD PST or OST file maybe and then import everything into fresh version of Outlook without side effects sync and double emails EDIT I have looked into this link http office microsoft com en-us of aspx redir I'll give it a try Cheers Miki

A:Export Outlook 2010 Exchange content from one computer to another?

Update:

NOT an easy task!

I have copied .ost file from old computer to new one (into correct location). However starting Outlook gives me following message:

Quote:
Outlook is using an old copy of your Offline Folder File (.ost) Exit Outlook and Delete the .ost file, and restart Outlook. A new file will be automatically created the next time you initiate a send/receive.

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid! Have no idea how to make .ost file work with new computer

Ideas?
Cheers,
Miki

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/209392-export-outlook-2010-exchange-content-one-computer-another.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I have an exchange 2010 server with a large number of distribution groups. Everything is working OK, until I edit, add or remove a distribution group.
The desktop clients running outlook pick up on the change immediately, but the laptop clients are still seeing the old groups.
OWA clients also see the change immediately.
Both the desktops and laptops are running the same image of windows 7 and office 2010.
I have tried plugging in a laptop to an ethernet cable to rule out wireless and I don't think it's a desktop vs laptop issue.

Any ideas on why only some outlook clients get the latest changes made to distribution groups in exchange (management console) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-not-getting-latest-distribution-lists-from-exchange-2010.1065263/
Relevancy 70.95%

I setup and shipped a new Wndows 10 Exchange user/profile to Outlook How 2010/Windows to new add configured desktop workstation to a professional who is replacing a failed workstation in a small office that has an existing Exchange server setup and How to add Outlook 2010/Windows 10 new user/profile to Exchange their own website domain the email accounts are on the domain This workstation Windows Pro x has Office Home amp Business freshly setup on it From reading How to add Outlook 2010/Windows 10 new user/profile to Exchange declined to touch Outlook before the customer gets it and puts on the LAN internally There have been obviously a lot of issues just getting the initial Profile setup right the icon applet might be missing from the Control Panel altogether registry keys can be missing or invalid Outlook may start in Safe Mode unexpectedly etc This thread is an example of such diseases and some cures as of yrs back http answers microsoft com en-us o d- bf cd de Some of you have been through this and know the ropes Please point me to a link or something that does the best job of explaining how to do this AT THIS TIME given all the updates etc to this date if Control Panel entry is RIGHT and what to do if that quot recommended quot approach fails I thank you SO MUCH in advance These poor folks have been through a lot and I want to get them started clean on this try P S edit is it necessary to first setup quot Outlook quot as the default Email app in quot Settings quot

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53457-how-add-outlook-2010-windows-10-new-user-profile-exchange.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I?ve been asked to find out if there?s a way to ?list? a bunch of holidays on everyone?s calendars. I know there?s a holidays feature in Outlook, but it only includes certain holidays and can?t be managed via GPO.

I need to create a shared calendar that HR maintains that has all of the holidays that they want listed. Then add that calendar to everyone?s default view? If this can't be done, what other options do I have?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-exchange-2010-shared-calendar.4069525/
Relevancy 70.52%

So i'm trying configure Outlook with my schools email, which goes through Microsoft Exchange. I already set up the account in Outlook, but when I start Outlook now, a box pops up asking for my credentials (which i'm pretty sure is normal), then this window pops up twice:
followed by this window:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-ms-exchange-account-issues.825966/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a user who deleted a folder full of emails. We have a retention policy in place and I can see deleted emails to recover, but I would like to recover the folder structure with the emails inside.

A:Recover Deleted Folder Outlook 2010 connect to Exchange

Which version of Exchange are you using? From what I can recall, you might not be able to do this without third-party software. The first try should going into the user's Outlook, clicking on the Deleted Items folder, choose the Folder tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the Recover Deleted Items button. If the folder shows up in there, all well and good. If not, you may have to restore the e-mails and then have the user sort them into the folder again. After all, it was their problem and shouldn't become your crisis.

As an aside: in our organisation we use ShadowProtect for our backups, and also purchased ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange (GRE) to afford us the possibility of restoring individual e-mails and/or folder structures. This has worked very well indeed, and saved a lot of headaches when users do what they do best ;-)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-deleted-folder-outlook-2010-connect-to-exchange.1154491/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello -- I'm wondering how to change the display name of a data file (not the actual file name) for a .ost Exchange 2010 file. I have already changed the file name and location to match all my other mailboxes.

If you look at my screenshot, you will see the file location and name are fine, but the display name is still just my email address. I would prefer it to be something easier on the eyes (I know, not necessary, but would be nice to help keep me organized.)

This is also the name that shows up in my Navigation Pane. Thanks so much!

A:Outlook 2010: How to change Exchange data file (ost) display name

In this window (you have posted screenshot of) click on the name of a file you want to change. Settings button will be activated, click that button - you can edit the name in the new window in the name section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/199899-outlook-2010-how-change-exchange-data-file-ost-display-name.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am receiving errors when trying to add a Microsoft Exchange account to Outlook for Mac I am running Microsoft Exchange Server The HUB CAS servers for the EWS both have the Basic Authentication enabled Below are the steps I have completed Setting up Exchange Email Account with Autodiscover After setting it up with autodiscover I receive the below error message I made sure that my user name and password were correct different times and kept receiving this message Below is an image of the advanced Outlook 2011 Server Exchange with Solved: Issue Connection 2010 properties of the exchange account in Outlook The Microsoft Exchange Solved: Outlook 2011 Connection Issue with Exchange Server 2010 Server and Active Directory Server prefix are both the same https domain org and the Microsoft Exchange directory path ends with asmx At one point Outlook connected to the Exchange Server and downloaded my entire email box It was syncing and said Connected to quot Exchange Name quot while the Mac was connected to the wireless network inside the building Of course the email is not going to work outside the building on a different wireless connection unless there was a VPN connection Why is Solved: Outlook 2011 Connection Issue with Exchange Server 2010 Outlook for Mac cutting in and out of the exchange server Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there,

like the subject says. Since I've been using my iPhone 4 with unified inbox for quite a while now, it is a bit annoying to keep switching between IMAP inboxes in outlook 2010. POP3 accounts are fine, all mails can go to one favorite inbox, but IMAP accounts work differently, by the look of it. The same was in outlook 2007, but I was wondering if there was a plug-in or extension of some kind that enables to use just one inbox?

You help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Unified inbox for multiple IMAP/exchange accounts? [Outlook 2010]

Is this what you are looking for:
Set Up Single Inbox Folder For All Accounts In Outlook 2010

Quote:
Launch Outlook 2010 and from left sidebar, select an account, right-click it and hit New Folder. From Create New Folder dialog, enter an appropriate name and click OK.

Now head over to Home tab and click Manage Rules & Alerts from Rules drop-down button.

From Rules and Alerts dialog, select an account and click New Rule.

In Rules Wizard, we will start off with creating a blank rule, click Apply rule on messages I receive and hit Next.

In this step of the wizard enable through the specified account option. From bottom of the dialog window click specified account and select the desired account from Account dialog window, and click OK.

You will see the specified account in the bottom of dialog window. Now click Next to continue

In this step, enable move it to the specified folder option, now click specified in the bottom of the window and select the Generic Inbox folder recently created, from new Rules and Alerts dialog.

You will see the folder name in the bottom of the window. Click Finish to end the wizard.

It will bring you back to Rules and Alerts dialog, showing newly created rule. Click OK to apply this newly created rule.

For associating this folder with other accounts, repeat the whole procedure to direct all mails from multiple accounts to Generic Inbox folder. On receiving emails, you will see all the emails in the specified mail folder.

Please post back with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/149702-unified-inbox-multiple-imap-exchange-accounts-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought last week a new Inspiron 15 (3531), which seems OK.
However, I have one showstopper. the Exchange account could not be installed on Outlook 2007. It seems not to get access to the Exchange server, with result it cannot be initialised.
What I tried :

install Outlook 2010, same message
install this account on another two DELLs with Windows 8.1 and Outlook 2007 : no problem at all
from within Outlook installing and with optione E-mail (32 bit) from Configuartion screen : no difference

Other E-mail accounts (POP etc) I had no problems with installing.

So I think it is a setting in the factory-software which does not permit to verify the account.
I also reinstalled from factory settimgs without virusscanner/protection, but again same problems. So already present this problem on the Windows image with the system.

Any advise/suggestions ?

Thanks ahead,

Kees

A:On my new DELL Inspiron 15. cannot install my Exchange account in Outlook 2007

Hello Kees
I have the same issue. I purchased mine in Jan this year as well and not a problem on my other 2 dell computers.
Did you resolve it? If Yes HOW!
Cheers Mark

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19612900
Relevancy 68.8%

I am completely lost here. I have windows XP. I am trying to set up my Outlook express to mesh with my earthlink.net email account. It is asking for Microsoft internet exchange server? I don't know what It wants....please help!

Shannah

A:Setting Up Outlook W/ Earthlink Account--microsoft Exchange Server Name?

Take a look here: Earthlink Support Downloads CenterSpecifically EarthLink Email Setup, which is the third one down.Also take a look at this link, which may be all you need.Be (EarthLink) SafeDa Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78103/setting-up-outlook-w-earthlink-account-microsoft-exchange-server-name/
Relevancy 68.8%

ISSUE

2 PCs, 1 Router, 1 DSL modem

Outlook 2003
MS Exchange client
Windows XP Pro SP2
VPN Client Connection to corprate network

They can recieve emails fine

But when they try to send them, the emails appear to just sit in the Outbox. If you close and open Outlook. The Outbox is empty, but the email was never sent.

I belive the issue is with the router or the ISP. This is not an SMTP (port 25) issue, since they are using MS Exchange client to send and recieve the emails and they are on a VPN connection.
The VPN connection is working fine since they are able to recieve MS exchange email without a problem.

any ideas?

A:Outlook MS Exchange not sending email

the server space quota has been exceeded.
my co. has a max of 450.
at some point you'll be warned.
next if you reach another quota level, you'll be stopped from sending
if you exceed the absolute max you wont be able to send or receive.
need to archive mail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-ms-exchange-not-sending-email.657537/
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello out there....
I just started getting the following dialog box in my Outlook 2007/Exchange email when I try to click on a URL emailed to me...

?This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.?

I do not have this issue w/ Thunderbird or webmail, etc.
Some research seems to point to the fact that IE is not my default browser & I would like to keep Chrome as my default.
Any thoughts on this?

thanks,

fmg

A:Outlook 2007 / Exchange email URL issue

A friend just sent me this info.
Anybody else experienced this & have a fix?

Had a similar issue when a user installed Chrome and then uninstalled it. Did you uninstall or upgrade Chrome recently? It seems that they still need to polish some of the uninstall code as it leaves some registry items in a broken state. It?s not that IE isn?t the default browser, it?s that the registry entry for the default browser gets mucked up by Chrome. Checking and unchecking default browser in IE or Chrome won?t fix it once it?s busted.

fmg

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/68542-outlook-2007-exchange-email-url-issue.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I receive many inquiries through a B2B website. These inquiries are send to me by email. The sender's email address is the server from the B2B website.

I want to add these emails to my business contacts in BCM 2010 without linking and tracking the email address.

Then I want to link and track the email address that i filled in the email field of the business contact.

How should i do that?

A:BCM 2010: linking an email without tracking to an account

Does this help at all?
Getting Started with Outlook Business Contact Manager 2010 - How-To Geek

Quote:

Office Integration

Business Contact Manager isn?t just restricted to one part of Outlook; once you?ve got it installed, it?s fully integrated throughout the program. When you?re reading an email, you?ll see options to create a new record or add the email to an existing one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/184185-bcm-2010-linking-email-without-tracking-account.html
Relevancy 67.51%

We have recently installed the "microsoft exchange server" and now when we open microsoft WORD and press "send as attachment" the email appears to send but just goes into the outbox and not to the recipient.

Our IT professional says this is a" known bug with the exchange server" when using word. Is this correct?

can we do anything to fix it?

A:Is there a BUG on outlook exchange server when sending email via WORD?

Why is the "IT Professional" not offering to fix it? Can you send the attachment by manually attaching it to the email? I have never had an issue. What version of Exchange?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-bug-on-outlook-exchange-server-when-sending-email-via-word.1053576/
Relevancy 67.51%

Dear Expert We have configured and enable in Exchange under Organization Configuration -- gt Hub Transport -- gt Transport Rules Junk Email with Priority - when the Subject field or the body of the message contains specific words Apply rule to messages when the Subject field or the body of the message contains https mail mmc com my appl set the Email 2007 Exchange 2003 Junk via Outlook in spam confidence level to Junk Email with Priority - when the Subject field or the body of the message contains specific words Apply rule to messages when the Subject field or the body of the message contains http mail mmc com my appl set the spam confidence level to The problem is Junk Email in Exchange 2007 via Outlook 2003 the user still get the email and notification from our internal Lotus Notes system that we developed system like Leave Claim to Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook Example example subject New Message RESTRICTION FOR MMC OFFICE AT KOMPLEKS ANTARABANGSA DURING PUBLIC HOLIDAY body of the message contains System Junk Email in Exchange 2007 via Outlook 2003 Message Please click the following link for new Message https mail mmc com my appl announce nsf A B D AB E F OpenDocument example Subject Service Report - Month of August body of the message contains Total no of closed support services recorded for the month of August Average day Junk Email in Exchange 2007 via Outlook 2003 spent on one issue estimated days Please click on the link below for detail https mail mmc com my appl break-d nsf Analysis OpenPage Note - No of services should be higher please log in all service call and close the issue promptly How to solve this so that the email from our Notes server going direct to the user Inbox in Outlook Regards Shamsul nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/junk-email-in-exchange-2007-via-outlook-2003.685139/
Relevancy 67.51%

New computer with Windows 7 Enterprise version won't let me establish Outlook Exchange Server email account--get error message "Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". Peviously had Oulook MS ES email working on old computer. Any help would be appreciated.EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum from Win 7 ~ Hamluis.

A:Windows 7 Outlook: Exchange Server email won't connect.

What kind of account do you have setup in Outlook. Is it an exchange server or maybe a POP3/IMAP account?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305768/windows-7-outlook-exchange-server-email-wont-connect/
Relevancy 66.65%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 66.65%

I use Outlook for all my email requirements One BTinternet com email address One Outlook com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP Wanted to change the Outlook com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook com Deleted the old POP account settings for the Outlook com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the quot manually configure quot 2016 Outlook POP3 accounts email and Server Exchange - thinking this would automatically use IMAP Left settings unchanged for the POP BTinternet com email address To my surprise the Outlook com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server Initially thought this would be ok as this would also Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts sync both ways with web-mail Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP email address was also arriving into the Outlook com Inbox Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP email Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts of Outlook Any help much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57561-outlook-2016-exchange-server-pop3-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Let me begin by saying this WAS working but is no longer Years Exchange permits accounts address Outlook and longer email app no same with my Mail ago I created a Microsoft Account I used my primary email address at my personal domain Some time later I learned about the Office Hosted Exchange plans These met my needs perfectly I Mail app no longer permits my Exchange and Outlook accounts with same email address moved my email address to the hosted plan For some time this tripped MS up though I now had two accounts with Microsoft that used the same email address But they seem to have eventually figured things out and for the last couple years it's been no trouble to set up both accounts on my Lumia or Surface using the Mail app This week I needed to reset the Mail app on my Surface Inexplicably I'm no longer able to set up both my Outlook com account Microsoft Account and the Exchange account Trying to add the second account results in an error that says quot Account already exists There's already an account setup to use quot my email address I still have both accounts working on my Lumia and I don't dare make any changes for fear of breaking it as well The web interfaces for both accounts still work and I still get the normal promote asking if I want to sign in with my personal Microsoft account or my work school Exchange account Can anyone shed some light on why this is suddenly broken again after years and what I can do to once again configure BOTH my accounts in the Mail app Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441005-mail-app-no-longer-permits-my-exchange-outlook-accounts-same-email-address.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All I work in HR and am being told by the IT folks that something isn t possible But I just don t believe it so I m posting here to ask for your help I may not have the perfect wording since I m not expert so please be patient My understanding is that employees use Outlook email version - so when I need to send emails to the same group of people I can create personal distribution lists I just copy email addresses from an excel file or to TO line of an existing email and paste into the members box under quot new distribution list creation - add members quot However here s where the problem is The marketing department gets data from me to Lists Solved: Exchange (email) Distribution Global Outlook 2007 create and maintain global distribution lists that need to be available to certain approved authorized employees on the Outlook Exchange server thingie There are about to lists that need to be updated every weeks My IT people are telling me that the only way to update those global lists on the Exchange is to give them a list of email address to add or remove and that they have Solved: 2007 Outlook Exchange Global Distribution Lists (email) to add or remove each email address manually one at a time My idea was to just send them a new list of email addresses for each list every two weeks or whenever and then they could juse delete the old distribution list since it s out dated and create a brand new global list so nobody has to try and identify just the changes for those to lists very time consuming BUT - they are telling me that the only way to create a new global list is to manually add one person at a time so my idea of doing a full replacement is not a Solved: 2007 Outlook Exchange Global Distribution Lists (email) time-saver I cannot fathom that one can create a personal distribution list via outlook so easily by adding a large group of email addresses and just clicking add save but that it s not also possible to do similiar process for global distribution list creation on Outlook Exchange So whether it s importing email addresses from excel or a csv or maybe I can create a personal list then move it to be a global list actually the IT admin would have to do it but you get what I mean or some other option - I have to believe creating a global distribution list by adding a mass group of emails has to be possible But you tell me - please - what you think nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I am running Vista Ultimate SP1, Outlook 2007 (12.06423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000) with an http Exchange mail account as well as an Outlook Connector for Hotmail plus POP mailboxes.

Recently (since installation of Office SP2) adding a new contact or sending an message with a new email address the email address is not underlined and when attempting to save the contact or send message the following error is displayed:

"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

This message also appears even if I try and send meesage by one of the POP accounts.

This is very frustrating as I cannot create new contacts or send new messages. I'd pull my hair out... but I've got none left!

I would appreciate if anyone knows how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007 (Exchange client) will not save contact email address

Appreciate that you have correlated the problem to Office 2007 SP2. I am having the same problem with an XP Pro PC using Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003 over Http/RPC. There are two accounts: Exchange and one POP. If I take the Exchange connection "off line" it is possible to add the new email address to the contact. THEN, I can send the email via either Exchange or POP. Also, I cannot send an email to an address that is not already in "contacts", or apparently never sent an email to a particular address. So, same work around. Take Exchange offline and then send email via POP account. With Exchange back online, it is now possible to send to the new email address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-exchange-client-will-not-save-contact-email-address.827072/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I'm a problem with Microsoft Exchange.
I give you the error message I receive :

Subject: Undeliverable: failure in the delivery of the message to the following recipients or distribution lists: "[email protected]" (for example)
The e-mail system had a problem in the processing of this message. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Try sending this message again, or contact Siesich provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator. _____
Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

This message appears when I add Salesforce's email to outlook.
Have you a solution please ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-to-add-salesforces-email-to-outlook-and-error-message-of-microsoft-exchange-663973.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When I install my hotmail account into my Outlook 2010 I cannot have that account in my regular pst.

How can I solve that so that I have all my accounts just in one pst?
God bless

A:hotmail account and Outlook 2010

I don't think you can because hotmail is web based and outlook is pop3, so they have to be seperate

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/71035-hotmail-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, I have had this problem several times and now I want to know what is causing the problem. In outlook you can add certain folder to your favorites so that they appear like short cuts at the top of the navigation window. But from time to time different imap short cuts don't appear and then I have to close and restart to get the short cuts to reappear.

Any ideas as to why?

A:Outlook 2010 and IMAP account

Also if you go to the inbox, if that is one in your favorites, and right click it gives you the option to remove from favorites even though it is not displayed. After removing and adding will also show them back at the top. But this is a pain in the back side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201539-outlook-2010-imap-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am starting a new thread Last Outlook 2010 Account Default week I Outlook 2010 Default Account posted a complexsituation with captures attached of a serious issue with Outlook Before I started work Outlook 2010 Default Account I created Outlook 2010 Default Account a Acronis TIBimage and as I worked and degradation developed tweaking Outlook Ihad to repeatedly resort to that original image to get back to the originalstarting point I have managed to get Outlook working except for thisone issue Please look over the captures attached It deals with Brent s emailaccount listed in duplicate In my experiments I keep ending up with two accounts InControl Panel Mail Email tab is listed the working Brent email account Thataccount is not marked as Default Because in Mail Email Brent account is notmarked as default I have issues That working Brent account that not marked asDefault I can send and receive There are two Brent email accounts Two exact accounts -with a slight variable I have in Mail Emailthis account Brentetcetc etcetc com In Mail Data File I have this Brentetcetc etcetc com Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent If Brentetcetc etcetc comwere marked as Default I would have no issues with the Brent account Because the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentis marked as default that creates the problem And I cannot delete the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentaccount in Mail Data File If I could delete the Default Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent Iwould then be able to mark Brentetcetc etcetc comas Default I have spent days on this this Creating restore points creating new TIB files and so forth How I ended up with struggling with the two accounts isthis if I run NK edit to populate Outlook s contacts with a massive list ofdata I get the message that NK edit cannot find the Default email account Becausein Mail Email the account listed there is not marked as Default I have learned that if I delete the working email account from Data Files I fully and completelycompromise and corrupt the normal functionality of Outlook That I learnedby my previous experiments Brent canobviously work with Outlook I have instructed him to ignore Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent andto work only with Brentetcetc etcetc com Also I took a look at Regedit Outlook and thought I couldpossibly delete files that were unused I will attach this capture also One last comment in my journey I did a Outlook repair Thatdid not help I then did a uninstall of Office and reinstalled Office and Outlookended up with the two accounts Thanks for your attentions

A:Outlook 2010 Default Account

I rarely use the Control Panel > Mail and profiles when setting up Outlook as POP3 or IMAP. I just leave the profile as the default (Outlook I think.)

For POP3
Install and open Outlook. Continue without email support. It will create a default Outlook.pst in Documents > Outlook Files.
File > Open > Open Outlook Data File and open any and all my transferred .pst
File > Account settings > Data Files and assign the default to whichever I want
Close outlook and reopen with new data file as default.
Right-click the default Outlook file it created and close. Then I delete it.

Now I setup my POP accounts in Account settings email accounts making sure to point to my default pst as I like all mail coming into 1 inbox.

Have not had any issues doing it this way.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/392491-outlook-2010-default-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi
I have several business email addresses. I have just created a new one, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.
It has its own folder into which email is delivered, but starting from there still doesn't help fix the problem.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 65.36%

I have recently upgraded from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 SP1. Ever since then my rules do not work. However, when i go to the rules wizard and run them, then they do work. Why are they not working automatically like they did before. i have windows XP and Outlook 2003. i have not yet heard of any other complaints from people about this probelm.

A:Rules not working after Exchange upgrade

I have a SIMILAR issue. I'm running Outlook 2003 with Exchange on XP SP2. Been on this set up for about two years. Last week, out of the blue, all 20-something of my rules stopped automatically running. I can go in and run the rules manually, but that's a PITA.

I've seen multiple articles and notes about what to do when you upgrade from 2000 to 2003 and what to do when you start using Exchange, but nothing on why this might happen mid-stream and what to do about THAT.

Any ideas or can anyone point me in the right direction? THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rules-not-working-after-exchange-upgrade.430678/
Relevancy 64.93%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have multiple accounts in outlook 2010 and recently changed them from POP to IMAP so they synch. automatically with other devices. But I can't delete the original account (the primary account). What I would like to do is delete the original POP email primary account and its data files, designate another account as the primary and re-load the old primary as a new IMAP account with a new set of data files. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-primary-account-in-outlook-2010.1169998/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
I've had Outlook 2010 installed for over two years on my laptop and everything has worked great.

The other day, I tried to set up a new email account and when the wizard appeared, it didn't give me the choice for MANUAL setup. I then realized that the window for the wizard was not showing all the words... the sentences ran past the viewing window and outside where I could not see, which is where the manual set up button was "below". There are no scroll bars or a way to adjust the wizard and I even tried playing with my display settings which did not work either.

I did find a work around that got my email set up but I couldn't go into advanced settings to adjust ports because of the same issue. I've looked everywhere for a fix and haven't been able to find anything... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-no-manual-account-setup.1112246/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I could really use some help please. I had an Outlook 2010 account as a contracted person with the UN and they killed the account and decided to use a gmail account (I have no idea why!). I would like to get all my emails (folders too if possible) on, say, a USB stick and then put it on my new work computer.

I tried the Export function but you need to sign in and the account doesn't work. So, can I copy the outlook.pst file or even all of the .pst files and then open them somehow in another computer with Outlook?

I don't want to use these anymore to contact or respond, I just want to have the messages and the addresses of the people who sent them to me and my outgoing messages and conversations too.

So what can I do here?

Thanks a lot!

A:retrieve emails from a dead Outlook 2010 account....please

Yes you can point your Outlook data file to the pst you have. As long as your Outlook version is the same or higher.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313078-retrieve-emails-dead-outlook-2010-account-please.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi guys,

Ive been searching around for a way to get files to copy themselves from a certain folder into another one IF they're below a certain size. I was wondering if anyone knows of a program or script that I can schedule to do this for me.

Basically heres the problem: When I download work it goes to the downloads folder where I want it. I use dropbox and sometime I save work into the downloads folder assuming its in the dropbox folder and will sync to the cloud, only when I open my work computer I realise that the file is not present. I want to know if i can set files below a certain size (say 50MB, so I dont get huge downloaded videos and apps syncing) to copy into a temporary location in my dropbox folder as soon as they are saved or changed.

thanks
tom

A:Possible to create "file rules" similar to email rules

Moving files based on size and moving files based on changes to them are very different problems, the former being the easiest to solve. You can write a batch file to run every x amount of time (via task scheduler) that will scan the directory and copy files if they are smaller than a certain size. You might create a file called "size.bat" within the same directory

Code:
@echo off
cls
setlocal

set maxsize=52428800

FOR /F "usebackq delims=" %%A in (`dir /a-d-h /b`) do (

set size=%%~zA

if %size% LSS %maxsize% (
copy "%%A" "C:\Dropbox"
)

)
The above file will scan the current directory (for only files, omitting the scanning of any subfolders) and will copy any files it finds to be less than 50MB (which equals 52428800 bytes) to the C:\Dropbox directory. Obviously, you will have to change that directory to wherever your Dropbox directory currently resides. And, you can change the maxsize as well. Just make sure you translate the size into bytes as that's how the "dir" command natively reports back file sizes.

You can then use Task Scheduler to set up this batch file to run at whatever interval you'd like to transfer the files.

The latter issue of copying files based on changes is a much more involved issue that I don't currently have the time to address, but it's doable with the same concepts and coding I've shown you here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233965-possible-create-file-rules-similar-email-rules.html
Relevancy 64.07%

When I select 'New Email' (to create a new e-mail) or "Reply" the template does not come up on the screen.

When I go to the task bar I can see the templates but they won't appear on the screen.

Please help!

George Forsa
number removed

A:Outlook 2010 New Email

Hi,

Can you take a screen capture of what you are seeing, and then post it here?

Thanks,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183035-outlook-2010-new-email.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop account and I imap how 2010: Outlook new disable to account, pop3? old created can't Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3? find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account inactive in Outlook Also I don't want to get messages into two different folders Is there a way to disable the old pop account without removing it I have tried deleting the password so it won't send receive from that account but all I get is the constant quot enter password quot box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs I'd appreciate any advice users can offer Thanks in advance Jo PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win Home Premium and Outlook as in the subject line

A:Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3?

Quote: Originally Posted by boppy2010

Hi guys, as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts.

The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop3 account and I can't find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account, inactive, in Outlook.

Also, I don't want to get messages into two different folders.

Is there a way to disable the old pop3 account without removing it?

I have tried deleting the password so it won't send/receive from that account but all I get is the constant "enter password" box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs.

I'd appreciate any advice users can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 as in the subject line.

you can simply move the emails of your pop account by going to "edit" on the top left corner and "select all" you'll see that all your emails are selected, then right click and select "move to folder" and move it to your IMAP mails location. and doing this may allow you to remove the pop3 account.

either way, let us know what you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207640-outlook-2010-created-new-imap-account-how-disable-old-pop3.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Outlook 2010 on two PCs and use the Hotmail Connector to synchronise my contacts with my Microsoft Account (people.live.com).

I can create/delete contacts on any PC and at the web page at people.live.com and these will synchronise across all accounts. However, if I change details of an existing contact on the PC e.g. change the phone number) then this is not synchronised. If I change the details on the web page at people.live.com then the PCs do get updated. Has anyone any advise how to troubleshoot this problem to ensure that changes to contact details in Outlook 2010 are synchronised correctly across all accounts?

A:Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account

I think it is a matter of how quickly, or how slowly in this case, the system recognizes the change.

Suggestion only.
After making the change as you described, give it a few hours then check if the change has been synchronised.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41667-outlook-2010-not-synchronising-new-details-ms-people-live-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I was having a problem where outlook was not syncing my sent mail past last week.

so I deleted my email address account and wanted to start again and change settings from pop3 to imap

When I deleted the account I found I could not fully remove it from the side pane as it was set as the default email address.

I then decided to re add the same email address in the hopes that I could use the new one as default and delete the old one

Now I am still stuck with the same email address that I could not remove from before and I am having a new problem where the sent mail will not sync from today

I have uninstalled office and re installed it but the address is still saved somehow?

any help would be greatly appreciated

A:How to delete all account information from outlook 2010 an start fresh

Try this. Open Control Panel, select the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2010), when that opens select Email Accounts, that will then open your email accounts & you will see that you can remove accounts, reset the default account & set up a new email account, as you can than follow through from here to set up all the details for a new account.

All Outlook account details are stored in your Documents Library under Outlook Files & are stored in .pst format & can only be accessed from within Outlook & any changes can be done as I mentioned above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/383969-how-delete-all-account-information-outlook-2010-start-fresh.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

A:How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I solved it! One complication was that my Microsoft email address is personalised and doesn't end in .outlook.com. The procedure is:

Uninstall the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this no longer works.If your MS Outlook email address doesn't end in .outlook.com then you need to create an email alias online in your MS account which does end in .outlook.comAdd a new account using the account wizard using your MS Outlook email address ending in .outlook.com (which can be an alias)The account should configure quite quickly. You then have to restart Outlook 2010 and it will download and synchronise all emails, contacts etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63670-how-synch-outlook-2010-mail-contacts-microsoft-account.html