Windows Support Forum

Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Q: Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I just realized many of my mails are an hour off from the correct time of receiving, after I imported my mails to Outlook 2003 from Outlook Express.

Can anyone explain why, and is there a way to fix this ?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards
Vifa

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/wrong-dates-on-email-after-import-to-outlook-2003-a-1091698.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I m in the process of building up a new desktop system in parallel with my current desktop system which is still being email Export to & Outlook & new GUI system settings 2010 Import acct. actively used until the new system is ready I m upgrading the new system to Windows Professional x from the Windows Home Premium x currently installed on the old active desktop system Other than Import & Export Outlook 2010 GUI & email acct. settings to new system that change I m re-installing and re-activating all the software from the old system onto the new system My question concerns Outlook Since Microsoft took away their simple email client Windows Mail I ve been forced to use Outlook for my personal home use Over time by hiding this function and re-arranging that I ve been able to simplify the Outlook GUI to a tolerable level for my personal home use Of course when I re-installed Office Professional Plus with Outlook on the new system all the useless for me bells and whistles are back and I have to also set up my email accounts all over again I know how to export and import all my email and Address Book data but is there any relatively simple way to export from the old system and import to the new system all the GUI and email account settings so Outlook will look and act exactly the same on the new system at first use without any tinkering

A:Import & Export Outlook 2010 GUI & email acct. settings to new system

Windows Mail came with Vista after Microsoft discontinued Outlook Express. On Win7 and Win8/8.1 I've had better success with Windows Live Mail, part of Windows Essentials, than with Outlook for most folks. An issue with one yesterday on Win8.1 and its Mail was that for ease it worked best to have a Microsoft account such as Hotmail.com or Outlook.com so I removed that tile and setup Windows Live Mail to use with his local ISP account. Now if you are confused by names, join the crowd, Microsoft seems to love confusing us like they did with Works and Works Suite.
Windows Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials
You can choose not to install all of the applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/349730-import-export-outlook-2010-gui-email-acct-settings-new-system.html
Relevancy 85.57%

On a dark day a few Outlook Email After Reinstall In 2003 Xp Sending weeks ago my hard drive crashed completely forcing me to reinstall Windows XP Home Edition Since then I have been unable to get Outlook to work properly I can receive mail but can't send mail When running quot test account settings quot the error message reads quot Send test email message Unable to send test Message Please verify the E-mail Address field quot Here's what I've done so far - checked and double-checked the input information e-mail address server addresses etc for Sending Email In Outlook 2003 After Xp Reinstall typos- called our ISP which is Verizon They tell me it's not their problem it's a software thing Fine - loaded the various XP and MS Office updates including Service Pack and also the SP that goes to Office I have looked on BC for a similar problem but haven't found any with a solution that fits though some sound close and I've tried Any suggestions would be REALLY appreciated by this non-techie

A:Sending Email In Outlook 2003 After Xp Reinstall

Silly question, but you have tried to send mail to someone else or to yourself?

Don't bother with the "Test" function in Outlook - it often fails for no particular reason.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149198/sending-email-in-outlook-2003-after-xp-reinstall/
Relevancy 84.71%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 84.71%

If I try to change the settings of an existing IMAP email account, or to click on "More settings", I get the error message: "The requested operation failed"

That's the case with all my IMAP accounts, but not with POP accounts. The problem is still there after a reboot.

This is with Vista. I never had this problem with XP. Have you experienced that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-change-imap-account-settings.603138/
Relevancy 84.71%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 83.85%

Is there a way to copy email account settings?

I want to set up outlook to be able to send mail from the same account for several people by copying a file or a GP on server 2003. 

A:Copy outlook email account settings

I don't have Outlook configured on this machine, but I seem to recall that there is a way to export account settings and importing them again on Outlook on another machine.

Depending on what verison(s) of Outlook you're using, and what e-mail server you're trying to connect to, you may only need to have the correct userid and password and it might be easier just to create the account fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597058/copy-outlook-email-account-settings/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 82.13%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 80.41%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 77.4%

IS there anyway i can copy the LAN/network settings of one user account to another?

A:How to IMport user settings from one account to another?

Hi this may help Easily Backup & Import Your Wireless Network Settings in Windows 7 - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-import-user-settings-from-one-account-to-another-580310.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have no extra user accounts set up. When I start Windows XP it does not ask me to click on a user name. Apparently I've been using the "built in" administrator account on this machine.

And in so doing, I've changed settings, loaded software, etc.

If I do decide to set up a user name for myself (or others) how can I "import all the settings from the "built in" admin account into the new user name?

Thanks

A:Import User account settings

Hi PeteL.

Under Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

Nice little tool supplied by XP for such occasion, let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/import-user-account-settings-368921.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have been using the beta version of Office 2007 til it expired last month and during that time exported a back up of Outlook (contacts, calendar etc) to My Docs.
Not all that fussed with the '07 Office suite, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled Office 2002 but when I try to import the pst file to this earlier version of Outlook, it tellss me that it is not compatible and to contact the Administrator (me!).

If I cannot work around this somehow I intend laying on the railway tracks quite shortly as life without my files will no longer have any meaning to me!

I guess as a last resort I can download the latest trial of 2007 Office and see if that will let me re-import the backed up pst file but what a drama!

Relevancy 74.39%

Folks I have read the MS tech notes on how to get Outlook I have it via Office Professional full install to import from OE It fails under either option import from quot another program quot or quot Import Internet Mail quot Under the former it is pointed to the correct folder but fails with Error Cannot open another program in anything Will Outlook mail, Not Outlook 2003 Express Import folders, use quot but there's not I tried copying the folder to a nice clean location on the C and checked all the properties nothing interfering still won't open the folder Under the latter option it just doesn't do anything after directing it to the correct folder Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything Seems to accept the command closes the window but does not import anything No error messages Umm do MS teams communicate with one another Closely related If I could just get the FOLDERS I had setup it would be a great asset or if i could just get the ADDRESS book it would help Do you know how to import dbx folders into Outlook Or the old outlook Express address Book thx z

A:Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything

They are written in two different formats that are uncompatible. The Oulook Express has a file sytem totally unique to it.

I had the same problem about 6 weeks ago going from XP to Win7.
I had to transfer address book to notepad and put it into Outlook one at a time. The old mail sits in the old PC.
I have heard you can transfer the OE mail files over to Windows mail or gmail etc. Then transfer files from the new mail server to Outlook.
File system is changed over with the mail transfer- I haven't tried it though.
Mike

I did a Google and found this. I didn't find this page six weeks ago.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001094387.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/114833-outlook-2003-will-not-import-outlook-express-folders-mail-anything.html
Relevancy 73.53%

can download bank statement to excel file and money says the statement has been downloaded, but cannot 'see' the statement or figure out how to get transactions from the statement to the money account check register.
is there a way to get the transactions from a delimited file, or to cut and paste?
akm
ps: i just downloaded the install file/s for a product called 'Big Red Consulting Excel Add-In' for importing excel info into money 2003.
not sure if it will do the job... it creates a qif file from excel, but not sure if it will added the data to to the transaction register.
any ideas on this product?

A:ms money 2003... how to import bank statement (excel, etc file) to account register?

akm said:

can download bank statement to excel file and money says the statement has been downloaded, but cannot 'see' the statement or figure out how to get transactions from the statement to the money account check register.
is there a way to get the transactions from a delimited file, or to cut and paste?
akm
ps: i just downloaded the install file/s for a product called 'Big Red Consulting Excel Add-In' for importing excel info into money 2003.
not sure if it will do the job... it creates a qif file from excel, but not sure if it will added the data to to the transaction register.
any ideas on this product?Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-money-2003-how-to-import-bank-statement-excel-etc-file-to-account-register.267559/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have multiple Outlook 2003 mailboxes and calendars. I'm trying to import an excel file to a calendar that is not my default calendar. When I get to the destination selection only my default calendar shows up, but I need to import the data to the other calendar. How do I get both calendars to show up in the destination selection box?

A:Outlook 2003 Import Help

Have you set up a data file for each inbox?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-import-help.1040847/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi

I would just like to import one account to Outlook 2002. Can you help me?

Everything I seem to do adds hotmail, but cannot add the folders.

A:Import one account to Outlook 2002

Hi trickywoo

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I have moved your post to its own thread.
Did you originally have Hotmail setup in Outlook Express?
Is this a free or paid Hotmail account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-one-account-to-outlook-2002.434629/
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently had to reinstall my operating system XP and am now Outlook Import 2003 Issue experiencing a weird issue I use Outlook on an exchange system Everything installed updated perfectly amp have been using Outlook without any errors for a few weeks I just tried to Outlook 2003 Import Issue import some Outlook 2003 Import Issue new contacts and when I click on the quot Import from another program or file quot in the menu nothing happens I click on the quot Next quot button and Outlook doesn t recognize the click the system isn t hung up as I can select a different option or select cancel just fine I can click on the other Outlook 2003 Import Issue menu options however neither the quot Export to a File quot or quot Import from another program or file quot operation work I have done all the updates to Office and have had no other issues with any office application I am a little stumped especially considering this is a fresh install of office without a history of potential bugs Any suggestions of what to try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 Import Issue

Perhaps this functionality has been disabled by the system admin?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-import-issue.859492/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just performed a clean install of Windows 7 and need to import my old email messages and contacts. I have the pst file on my backup drive. How do I import please?

A:Import outlook 2003 to windows 7

Hi there,

Put your .pst on a drive that is not windows 7 C drive (like e Drive) I put mine in my Docs drive. Use your .pst as your main file from were it is (it doesn't have to be in C drive to run data and store data). You need to go to control panel / Mail 32 bit / Double click and if your Outlook is configured you will see your profile. Double clic the profile and add the data file (pst) (Browse to folder that you copied it). After that you can delete the other data folder created by default in C drive.

If you did not create a new Outlook account, open Outlook then close it without creating account. Go to controll panel / find mail 32 bit, double clic, create a profile and browse for your data file that you copied to another drive.

Hint:

I changed my the name of my mailbox .pst to backup.pst so I can easily find it.

If you only have a few entries in the original .pst created by Outlook, you can export that .PST and import that one instead of Importing your large

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/40309-import-outlook-2003-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently reinstalled Office 2003 on my Win 7 desktop following a clean reinstall of Win 7. I need to Import my saved Contacts that were exported to a flash drive (.csv) prior to the reinstall. 'Import and Export' appear under File, as they should, but clicking does not start the process or bring up the series of windows giving the choices to import or export, etc. I'm stymied at the moment and I need my Contacts. Suggestions appreciated.

A:Outlook 2003 - Import Export won't

I've been using Office 2007 so long now I can't remember exactly what the 2003 interface looks like, but can you drag the CSV file off the desktop and onto a Contacts tab in Outlook 2003? That may kickstart the import process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/113046-outlook-2003-import-export-wont.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have been using Outlook I want to use WLM in Win I also have a to Import Outlook WLM 2003 Unable Contacts to copy of WLM installed on Win although I haven't been using it - just there in case I get a call from a client about it I created Unable to Import Outlook 2003 Contacts to WLM an e-mail account in my Unable to Import Outlook 2003 Contacts to WLM Windows WLM for my POP Unable to Import Outlook 2003 Contacts to WLM ISP e-mail account the only account I exported my Outlook contacts to a CSV comma separated DOS file I start WLM in Win or Win they both work identical and select contacts and then quot Import quot Comma Separated Values CSV and select the CSV file created with Outlook WLM goes through the motions like its importing but when its finished there are no contacts imported In Outlook I have quot Contacts quot and also a sub contacts folder for a club e-mail list I only want my regular Contacts not the club e-mail list However if I select quot Address book for current user quot in WLM it will import the club e-mail list only I've been over google searches and this forum's tutorials and searches and didn't come up with anything I haven't done or tried Jack

A:Unable to Import Outlook 2003 Contacts to WLM

I logged into my hotmail acount with WLM, but that made no difference. It still will not import my Outlook 2003 contacts, although it goes through the "motions" of doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/289595-unable-import-outlook-2003-contacts-wlm.html
Relevancy 71.38%

In the file menu the Export and Import choice is gray, so I am not able to export my address book from there to Google. How can I recover the Export and Import and of course its wizard in Outlook 2003. I checked the Outlook files and there is no wizard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-export-and-import-wizard.898012/
Relevancy 71.38%

I posted this on the Windows forum but never got to 2003 WLM Contacts to Unable Import Outlook any responses I have been using Outlook I want to use WLM in Win I have installed WLM on Win I also have a copy of Unable to Import Outlook 2003 Contacts to WLM WLM installed on Win although I haven't been using it - just there in case I get a call from a client about it I created an e-mail account in Windows and WLM for my POP ISP e-mail account the only account I exported my Outlook contacts to a CSV comma separated DOS file I start WLM in Win or Win they both work identical and select contacts and then quot Import quot Comma Separated Values CSV and select the CSV file created with Outlook WLM goes through the motions like its importing but when its finished there are no contacts imported In Outlook I have quot Contacts quot and also a sub contacts folder for a club e-mail list I only want my regular Contacts not the club e-mail list However if I select quot Address book for current user quot in WLM it will import the club e-mail list only I've been over google searches and this forum's tutorials and searches and didn't come up with anything I haven't done or tried Jack

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/25041-unable-import-outlook-2003-contacts-wlm.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I've got a problem, Ive a windows xp system german version, and a polish outlook 2003. MS Help says that due to the difference in the language/regional
options the Import/Eksport Option is grayed out.

Someone have a solution to that ?

A:Outlook 2003 import/export grayed out

What are you trying to Import/Export? If its your Address book, do a search for Addrbook.wab. Is there any way you can install a German Outlook as well?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30590/outlook-2003-importexport-grayed-out/
Relevancy 71.38%

I see lots of requests and comments on exporting Outlook 2003 into Vista Calander but I can't seem to find anything when trying to export in the other direction - ie move data from Vista calender into Outlook 2003.

Anyone know how to do this?

A:Import Vista Calander into Outlook 2003

Hi, dale303, and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried just exporting the cal to iCal standard .ics format and then importing it in Outlook?

http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Calendar-Part2

http://www.vistax64.com/software/173904-import-vista-calander-into-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

hello i'm trying to import a complete 3.6 GB PST file into my OL 2003 but no sucess

what's best procedure?

thx.

Relevancy 71.38%

My girlfriend is having a serious issue at work after they ve upgraded from Office XP to Her outlook calendar didn t seem to upgrade properly and she s ended up with two calendars an old one and a new one The new one the default is completely empty and the old one has all her old appointments in it Ideally she would make the old one her default in but the IT people have said she cannot do this because her default is determined linked to 2003 Import Problems Outlook Calendar the email server Alternatively they have tried to export the details from the old calendar into the new default one but this does not entirely work Appointments from the old calendar do appear in the new one but appear to be quot Outlook 2003 Calendar Import Problems shell appointments quot only I e they show no details of who has accepted meetings who initially sent the meeting request and there are no recurrences In addition if someone subsequently sends an amendment to a meeting acceptance etc this does not appear to register on the new now default calendar Any ideas anyone without going through each individual appointment and setting it up again Thanks in advance Pete nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-calendar-import-problems.420066/
Relevancy 71.38%

Help please. Trying to import names and e mail addresses from am Excel spread sheet to my Outlook Contacts. I know the process File<Import <Excel find file etc however when I get to the stage I get a warning ' Cannot import Excel Translator not installed. Would you like to install it now?. Select Yes system searches for the files and then informs me they are not available.

I have XP Home and MS Office Pro 2003 with full package. I have tried checking Installed components from Add remove Programmes and gone round innumerable circles.

Searches on the MS sites have not revealed any answers either.

Is there an easy fix for this can anyone help please. Hope I am posting in the right area - could not see anything specific about Office or Excel Translators.
Thanks
David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/import-export-excel-to-outlook-2003.104602/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an excel spreadsheet which has names ( first and surname in single column under NAMES ) and email addresses (under EMAIL) which I want to import into my Outlook Personal Address book. I have followed advice of previous post but still only get the email addresses, no names. Tried suggestion of inserting a userdefined name for the spreadsheet but I still only get the option of email address in the import-from column. I have tried renaming the columns, I have tried changing them around. Is it because I don't have addresses and phone numbers?

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello This is my first time 2003 issue import Solved: Calendar Outlook posting here so hopefully I m doing this right I was trying to import calendars NHL team schedules from two different Excel file xls extension to Outlook and not all of the inputs added to the calendar Solved: Outlook 2003 Calendar import issue For some reason only entries added from each file total There should have been each total I tried deleting the rows in the Excel file that DID load and just leaving those that did not and then importing the file again hoping the fewer rows would help It did not All of the inputs that are not loading are in the same format in Excel as those that did so I know that s not an issue I also tried changing the dates to see if for some reason Outlook has a limit to how far into the future they will allow you to add Same problems I can add appointments into the Outlook calendar manually with no problem but I can t seem to import anything else from any file Can someone lead me in the right direction to see how to fix this I ve never had this problem in the past when doing this same thing Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Calendar import issue

Hi
this may help although you aren't getting the error messages cited in the article. But it does say that you need a named range which you don't mention either. Give it a try and see if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196743

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-calendar-import-issue.1104114/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

Is there a way to export the mail accounts that are setup in an installation of Office 2003 so that they can be imported into another installation of Office 2003 on another computer?

I can export and import the emails using the *.pst file option but this does not seem to export/import the email account settings.

Rgds

A:Is There A Way To Export/Import Mail Accounts From Outlook 2003 ?

You can try using the Office 2003 Save My Settings wizard. If that doesn't save the account info (I'm not sure it does), then you'll have to look for a paid solution. It should be here: Start \ All Programs \ Microsoft Office \ Microsoft Office Tools \ Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/234294-there-way-export-import-mail-accounts-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm running Outlook for my address book and calendar. My new WIN7 pc will not permit me to import files from XP.
I downloaded the MSN fix but was not able to import. Is there a free address book and calendar available to download that will import my Outlook files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-new-free-address-book-to-import-from-outlook-2003.964647/
Relevancy 70.52%

I had Outlook 2003 for years and my computer died. The refurbished computer I bought has Outlook 2007 pre-installed. I have all my old data including Outlook pst backed up on Carbonite and just did a restore. I want to import all my old emails and contacts. From what I have gathered, I can import the info (pst file?) into Outlook. Is is possible that I could mess up outlook if I don't do it exactly right?

A:outlook 2007 import data from 2003 version?

You can use Import/Export Function in Outlook to import all your old emails and contacts. Yes importing function can mess up the already existed data if an orphan PST file possesses some of duplicate items. To deal with it, deploy the filter available in the Outlook import function like Remove duplicate entries, etc. Its just about how and what data you are going to move.

For more information click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290859

Thanks & Regards
Clark Kent

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587199/outlook-2007-import-data-from-2003-version/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm trying to import a contact list from Excell 2003 (11.80...) SP3 to Outlook 2007 (12.0) MSQ (12.0)
When I try to map the fields, I can only drag one "vlue" at a time, and when I I try to map another one, it seems to disapear. I went and maped all the fields, one at a time using the Map Custom Fields and it imported all the Excell fields into one Outlook field.
I'm useing Windows XP
I tried and tried all day, can somenoe help???

Relevancy 70.52%

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Googleing this didn't get me too many results. What with all of everyone saying how much integration there is between Onenote and other MS Apps., I haven't found a solution to this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Ron V.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-outlook-2003-tasks-to-onenote-2007.744336/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all,

I hope someone out there can help me. I just imported all my mails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 - but all my forward/reply icons related to my mails are missing.

Is it possible to import these too ?
Shall I do the export/import in another way ?

I hope someone can help me, thank you for your time.

Best Regards
Vifa

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/forward-reply-icons-missing-in-outlook-2003-after-import-1091674.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am migrating from an XP SP3 desktop to a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I use Outlook Express extensively on the XP machine, but have loaded Live Mail on the W7 one as the recommended solution.

I have experimented with the Import function in Live Mail using the .dbx files produced by OE held under 'Identities' but find that the Account field for each email (visible in Live Mail when the Account column is enabled) is not being populated in Live Mail. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I note that any new emails I receive do populate the Account field, and I am confident that the Account information is present in the .dbx files.

I would like to find a workaround for this problem - any ideas folks?

Many thanks

A:Live Mail import from Outlook Express - Account field problem

Quote: Originally Posted by runner bean

...the Account field for each email (visible in Live Mail when the Account column is enabled) is not being populated in Live Mail. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?...

I suppose you could call it a bug. It seems to happen whenever you do an import using the "import/export" "wizards". Not just with OE>WLM but also WLM>WLM. (Same with Vista's built-in WM.) It's been too long for me to remember what happened when I last did OE>OE. Keep in mind that wherever an import/export is involved (even with contacts), some fields are lost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/276542-live-mail-import-outlook-express-account-field-problem.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Having .iaf type accounts from former Outlook (2000) and Outlook Express, is there a way to import these into Outlook 2013 rather than manually keying them on a restore?

added:
- From what I've been gathering, this cannot be done. That signatures have to be manually recreated. This right? Even when restoring Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2013 - they aren't stored in a retrievable spot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2013-way-to-import-email-accounts.1125738/
Relevancy 69.66%

Is anyone aware of an efficient way to move emails (inbox, sent, etc) from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook 2010 (not Express)?

Tbird2OE is amazingly slow and introduces some problems of its own.

A:Thunderbird to Outlook 2010 - email import?

What's slow about it? Thunderbird is a pretty basic, simple e-mail editor. If it opens slowly or doesn't respond, I suspect you have other problems.

Also, there's no way to natively import e-mails from Thunderbird into Outlook, so you'd have to hunt for a 3rd party tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thunderbird-to-outlook-2010-email-import.1019297/
Relevancy 69.66%

My computer crashed recently (don't ask...) so, after reformatting and starting over, I reinstalled Microsoft office. I had saved my outlook contacts, emails and calendar into .pst files before reformatting. I imported the contacts and calendar, but the emails will not import nor will the archived emails.

Can any one give me any ideas?
Thanks.

A:Import email to Microsoft Outlook - problem

Have you tried adding the backup PST files as secondary data files. Once you do this you can view them and move the emails over to the new PST file.

To add the backup PSTs, go to the Tools menu and choose 'Options'. When the setup screen opens, go to the 'Mail Setup' tab and then click on 'Data Files'. Depending on your version, there should be an 'Add' button either on the right side of the setup screen or on the top. Click 'Add' and navigate to where you have stored your backup PSTs. Choose the PST with your previous email. After you have added the data file (PST), close the setup menus and check your folder list. You should see a new "Personal Folders" added to the bottom of the folder view list. Expand it and you should see your old emails. You can then highlight and drag them to your new Inbox.

Hope this helps you retrieve your email.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-email-to-microsoft-outlook-problem.715565/
Relevancy 69.66%

Can the email files on Windows XP with Outlook Express be imported to Windows 7.1 with Outlook 2016? I have copied the Outlook Express files to a flash drive. The files have a *.dbx extention.Thank you for any help, it will be appreciatedCoffeeBreak message edited by CoffeeBreak

A:Import email files to Outlook 2016

This site may be of help...http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/...

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/import-email-files-to-outlook-2016/20231.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All,
Appreciate if anyone can help.
I am running window xp professional on Primary Disk. I am trying to import the outlook old message from my Secondary Disk which was run window ME.

After I have imported my files into the outlook 2000. Some inbox email was missing. (I notice 15 July 2003 till 30 July 2003 incoming mail was missing but before 15 July 2003 and After 30 July 2003 was there).

What I did was:

Open my outlook express, do FILE -> IMPORT-> INBOX->select IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM. Select the personal folder (*.PST).

Why some file was missing. Appreciate if anyone can help. I am running window xp professional. I did not window upgrade to upgrade from window me to window xp pro.

x2000koh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-email-when-import-to-outlook-2000.307600/
Relevancy 69.66%

Dear Sir,

I was using my office pop3 server emails through window live. I create account as per following procedure.
Enter email add & name in general tab
Incoming mail server POP3
enter incoming POP3 server name
enter Outgoing mail SMTP name
enter email add
enter password

Now, I want to use Microsoft outlook for my office emails & I have create account with same configuration in ms outlook & receiving new emails on ms outlook but Please give me procedure, How to import my old window live emails in Microsoft outlook???

A:How to import window live old email in MS OUTLOOK.

hello..what office do you using?? 2007?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/101863-how-import-window-live-old-email-ms-outlook.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Specs:
Windows XP Pro (SP2)
Office Standard 2003 (fully updated)
Business Contact Manager Add-ON installed

Issue
Unable to import more than 246 Outlook contacts into Contact Manager. Using Outlook 2003 import feature. (File > Import & Export > From Outlook Contacts)

Please let me know if there is anything that's unclear.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-standard-2003-business-contact-manager-import-issue.687107/
Relevancy 68.8%

Got an Acer with Vista & Windows Mail -- my old Dell had XP Pro and Outlook. I had no problem backingup Outlook to a Seagate external and connecting it to the Acer .. but Windows Mail does not seem to import Outlook .. only Outlook Express. My wife's computer has Outlook Express .. so I thought I would email her my backup file and import it to Outlook Express and then back that up and email it back to me and import that to W Mail ... but the email will not transmit with the backup file attached "not enough memory" the backup is 1.5m.

My next strategy is to go into my old computer and edit folders or do a few partial backups so I get a small enough file(s) to attach to email.

Any other suggestions ...

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148846/exportimport-contacts-from-outlook-to-windows-email/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

My hard drive has been wiped out. Before I try a recovery of all my files, I had a new hard drive installed, and installed by backup through Norton. However I didn't have a backup of all my emails. I can access all 4 accounts through mail.google.com ( that's about 60 000 emails), but is there anyway I can import them into outlook 2007? I am using a pop/smtp type account.

Thanks!!!

A:Solved: Import old email from google to Outlook 2007

On Google mail under settings forearding POP/imap

Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)

se if that then downloads all the email again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-import-old-email-from-google-to-outlook-2007.893004/
Relevancy 68.8%

My hard drive recently crashed and I installed a new one. Fortunately, I had backed up my data so did not lose anything. However, I am having trouble importing my email files into the new Outlook. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and Outlook 2010 on both the old and new hard drives.

I imported several archive folders with no problem. However, the main account folder will not import. When I try, I get an error message ?The Outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current profile.? I have dozens of critical work emails in folders that I can?t access. How do I import all the folders into Outlook on my new hard drive?

A:Outlook 2010 Won't Import Email to New Hard Drive

Don't import! This outlook data file (.pst) is already in use in the current - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/308373-outlook-2010-wont-import-email-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

How do I import email messages into Windows Live Mail? Help!!! Thanks.

Bill

A:import email messages from outlook into windows live mail

I wish I knew what to advise you on this topic, but I also find myself in the same position. I recently purchased this new laptop, with windows 7 installed on it. I also decided to upgrade my Microsoft Office from the 2000 version, to the Student/Office 2010. Several hours after roaming through the Office program went by, and then I noticed that Outlook Express is not included with that program, but can be purchased for an additional $149.00

Windows Live setup didn't go well either. I tried to run the wizard, and set up an email account, but I never could get the sign-on to acknowledge the password for the windows live, or the email account/s Gmail, or others that it stated would import all contacts from the old account (Outlook Express).
I'm not using Windows Live becuse of this, but to be more honest, i'm not really sure what the importance of the program is, other than using it for Video email of sort. I just let it stay closed, and go on without Windows Live right now.

Hope everything works out for you, and maybe we can both benefit from any responses on this topic.

Have a great day,
2-Cups

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337838/import-email-messages-from-outlook-into-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 67.94%

I currently check my emails online from http://rogers.yahoo.com. This brings up an online email client where I can create folders, save settings etc and store my messages.Is it possible to import all my folders & messages from online into Outlook or Windows Mail?I currently use Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2007.Thanks in advance?

A:How Do I Import Online Email Messages Into Outlook Or Windows Mail?

According to the page below, you can set up an email client for your mail access. Hope this helps. http://help.yahoo.com/us/rogers/tutorials/cg/cg_access4.htmlAfter you get the client set up, let it download your inbox. THEN create a folder for temporary use, move the inbox contents to the folder. Next create folders with the same names as your web based mail folders. Move the messages from one folder to the inbox, open up the email client, download, then move them to the newly created folder. Repeat this process for each folder. Finally, move the contents of the Temp folder back to the inbox.If you have any questions about the client you set up, all you have to do is ask, and someone will answer them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141611/how-do-i-import-online-email-messages-into-outlook-or-windows-mail/
Relevancy 67.51%

I've created an MS Application to import messages from MS Outlook using VBA. The body of the email is stored in a Long Text (MS Access 2013) data type and I use MailItem.Body to retrieve the body of the email. However, when I try to display the email in MS Access using a text field with RTF formatting, I don't see any of the formatting that I see in Outlook. If I open the Outlook email, copy the body and then paste into the MS Access data, the formatting is copied.

Any ideas how I can get the formatting to be imported into Access and then be displayed in Access with the correct formatting?

Thanks,
Ronald

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/import-ms-outlook-messages-into-ms-access-the-email-body-loses-formatting.4069234/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 67.08%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 66.65%

Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date."
Danielle
TYiA

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61627-your-email-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date."
Danielle
TYiA

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61627-your-email-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi!
Are there any way to save Thunderbird email clients configured email accounts details (email address, passwords etc)?

A:How to export thunderbird email account settings?

Backup your Thunderbird profile
Profiles | How to | Thunderbird

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/160481-how-export-thunderbird-email-account-settings.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I accidentally deleted an Email account in Outlook 2003. All my emails disappeared along with it. How can i restore the emails? I no longer have access to the Gmail account that it worked through.

A:Oulook 2003 Email Account Deleted

Hi garrygy

It sounds like your Gmail account was created as an IMAP account. IMAP accounts mirror the servers, they do not actually download the messages onto your hard drive.
If you no longer have access to the email account, the only other course of action I can suggest would be to contact Gmail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oulook-2003-email-account-deleted.951333/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've moved to a new computer and reinstalled my old Outlook 2003. In searching for *.pst I can find on the harddisk two pst files and two archive files.
(1) How do I get the Outlook to grab a pst file? Clicking on the file doesn't find Outlook in the list of programs that could open the file. And likewise, how to I get Outlook to grab the acrchive?
(2) How to I merge in a second pst file? I'll likewise want to merge in the second archive.

Win 7, 64 bit.

A:Outlook 2003 - capturing old *.pst on reinstall

first just do a file search on the old drive.... search criteria.... *.pst

When you open OL you can open the other PST from File menu >Data file management

or use the File >import option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-capturing-old-pst-on-reinstall.950146/
Relevancy 64.93%

I recently purchased a computer with MS Office 2003 installed. I need to uninstall Office 2003 and install Office XP but want to keep Outlook 2003. I know I need to uninstall all of Office 2003 to install Office XP and then need to update Outlook to v2003.

My question: will I lose access to all the email already downloaded when I uninstall Office 2003, install Office XP, then upgrade to Outlook 2003?

A:Uninstall/Reinstall Outlook 2003 Question

Hi Chris286

Do a Search for .pst
Copy the .pst files as a backup to another directory, My Documents or a folder on the Desktop.

You can then use the backup .pst file if the Office uninstall/reinstall corrupts or writes over those files.

Once you have Outlook 2003 reinstalled.
If it does not open with your Personal Folders (.pst) file, you can move the .pst file back into the Outlook directory where you originally found it.
Then open it with Outlook 2003,
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to the .pst file and select it.

**If you copy the .pst file to a CD as backup, first copy it back to the hard drive, then check it's properties to verify it is not marked Read-only before opening it with Outlook 2003.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-reinstall-outlook-2003-question.382450/
Relevancy 64.93%

Have used Outlook 2003 since March or so and OutlookXP before that as part of the Office Suite. Yesterday, I could not send or recieve the buttons simply did nothing. I went into the mail config and could actually send a test message, and picked them up through webmail. I decided to try to troubleshoot with the Office toolset. I used the Install/reinstall tool and I get Outlook to begin with the install tool and it just will not reinstall. I get a message saying there was an error on install please try again or contact your admin. I hesitate to uninstall all of Office, as it was hard to even get SP 1 to work with XP SP2. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-install-reinstall-problems.291176/
Relevancy 64.93%

I had to replace my mobo and reinstall Win7/64bit.. it worked with the previous mobo w/64bit install, but reloading it now, Outlook wont start.. Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word load and work fine.. just cant get Outlook to start up. I did get to the email setup point, and tests server settings, but it utterly refuses to get past loading to retrieve mail(or even import my old .pst file).

Uninstalling/reinstalling didnt get it working.. Compatability mode for XP or Vista wont fix it either.. Strange.. it worked for one install, but not the reinstall..

Hardware change is the only thing I can think of.. changed from an ECS PM900-T board, 2.5GB RAM to an MSI G31TM-P21 board, 4GB RAM, both had 64bit 7 HomePrem loaded.

Anyone else had this problem, tho I guess everyone else is running Office2007..

TJ

A:Outlook 2003 fails to start in W7/64 after reinstall

Have you tried running it in outlook safemode - Using Outlook's Safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/78207-outlook-2003-fails-start-w7-64-after-reinstall.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.93%

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.

A:Can't set up new Outlook 2003 account

conbak2 said:

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.Click to expand...
so it keeps asking you for your password? check your user name and make sure its correct. I had this happen and it only put my user name, not my email address. so maybe you need to enter your email addy, and the password to that email addy, then click "save this password" check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-up-new-outlook-2003-account.577941/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi When I started up my computer this morning I found ALL + settings emails DISAPPEARED and personal, all browser email account that the desktop personal settings had gone Then I quickly discovered that my browser settings history bookmarks email account settings and all emails etc on both Netscape and IExplorer were ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED also missing MS Outlook had also ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED vanished The keyboard setting changed as well - some special characters are at different places is at shft is at shft etc I have McAfee installed but the firewall only the firewall was switched off for an hour yesterday I have scanned the computer but McAfee hasn t found anything Is it possible I have a virus spyware running regardless of McAfee Can you please help ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED Thanks in advance Below is the HIJACKTHIS LOG ------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Com DMI CDMINIC EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System Hummingbird Connectivity Inetd inetd exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C MSC PATRAN patran r p manager files bin WINNT QueMgr exe C MSC PATRAN patran r p manager files bin WINNT RmtMgr exe C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system rclumad exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINNT system SxgTkBar exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C WINNT system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files WDC SetIcon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C WINNT V Mon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files EPSON EPSON CardMonitor EPSON CardMonitor exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe O - Hosts watt ecs watt ecs eng ox ac uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run Synchr... Read more

A:ALL personal, browser and email account settings + all emails DISAPPEARED

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-personal-browser-and-email-account-settings-all-emails-disappeared.720291/
Relevancy 64.5%

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

A:Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I need reinstall windows 7 Pro on HP ProBook 450 G2 L9A58PA, but I do not have product key for Windows 7. I just got   windows 8 Pro key from the machine. Does any one could please can help me?Thanks very much

A:HP ProBook 450 G2 L9A58PA Win 7 Pro reinstall, need the wind...

Hi: You will have to call the HP business PC support phone number and order a set of W7 recovery disks. I have the number for the USA/Canada ... 1-800-334-5144 Have the serial number of the PC handy to give to the customer services rep. Here is a 6 year old business PC phone support directory by country if you don't live in the USA/Canada. http://h50146.www5.hp.com/lib/doc/manual/desktop/business_desktops/6005us_332630_007.pdf Maybe some of the numbers are still valid. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ProBook-450-G2-L9A58PA-Win-7-Pro-reinstall-need-the/td-p/5639128
Relevancy 64.07%

I have used Outlook for many years and it has done a good job.

Recently though, something has happened and all my incoming emails no longer show the sender's name in the inbox. I have open the email to know who sent it.

I do not like opening emails unless I know where they came from and have tried unsuccessfully to find a setting for getting the program to show the sender again.

Anyone know how to reset this?

Thanks

A:Need help with Outlook 2003 settings

Click on the Inbox to show your received mail. On the toolbar at top click View > Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View > Fields button. From there you can add/delete fields that are viewable when you display your inbox, and arrange their order on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-outlook-2003-settings.668827/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

A:Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Originally Posted by bupthebroker

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

Is it actually Outlook.com [Online/Webmail] and not Microsoft Outlook [part of Office]? Are you opening from a link in Favorites or the Favorites bar? If it's Outlook.com ave you tried typing just outlook.com in the Address bar, pressing Enter then tried logging in again? Could be the stored shortcut is the problem, have seen it happen.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/23488-your-outlook-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

i have a XP drive which had outlook on
i can copy the PST file
BUT how can I find out all the account settings

its an NTLBusiness email address and nothing on the web

The outlook - has a .srs file - which I believe is the account send/receive settings - but how can i read it to find out the
pop
smtp
and also the ports and the SSL etc settings

or a link to the
NTL Business email settings for a @NTLBusiness.com account
which is now virginmedia - but i cant find the details

i know its
pop(3).ntlbusiness.com
and
SMTP.ntlbusiness.com

just nor sure of other settings
OR
if i can use
imap

thanks for any help

Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to set up a Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 version using a lap top computer with Windows 7 operating system. I have set up other types of accounts but I just need to know what settings to use.

A:Set up Hotmail account in Outlook 2003

Closing duplicate thread, one thread per issue please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-hotmail-account-in-outlook-2003.1092920/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi, I have set two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and configured them (i made rules) so that there are two email account folders, and the email for account A goes into the INBOX under A and B goes into B. However, I have not been able to get them to do the same for the other folders (like OUTBOX, DRAFTS, SENT ITEMS, etc). Is there any way to do that?

Relevancy 64.07%

I am in the process of transferring an account from one computer to another, both have outlook 2003 on them. When I try to access the new computer with it, it tries to connect to an exchange 2003 server. It doesn't allow me to open up the program unless it has a connection, and it is asking for office.ost on the new computer. I tried locating the file on the other computer and it is not in the same location. The computers are linked up to login to a server where their my documents folder is located. Is there a way to transfer from one outlook 2003 to another on 2 different computers?

Also, both computers are xp highest service pack on them, and the server they are connecting to is a microsoft server 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-outlook-2003-account.870718/
Relevancy 64.07%

PROBLEMS Persistent changed mysteriously hangs on account, Computer on email Settings boot problems after using the tools are listed at the bottom of this post Everytime I log in to my email account the settings are already changed Everytime I visit antivirus sites computer hangs Everytime I turn the computer on it hangs and I have to reboot it each time Aside from the malware symptoms the most disturbing part of the problem is someone knows what I m doing on my computer And he boldly tells me HE KNOWS I tried the following malware tools MalwareBytes Antimalware -- no threats detected SuperAntispyware -- infections -- already removed Spybot Search and Destroy -- or persistent tracking cookies -- removed Advanced SystemCare -- still using reports a number of infections occasionally removed each time but doesn t seem to solve the problem s IOBitSecurity -- still using reports a number of infections occasionally removed each time but doesn t seem to solve the problem s I uninstalled the first three and kept the last two because they were the most convenient to use and if I kept too many malware tools my computer runs extremely slow I have also tried using the ff intrusion detection prevention systems With SNORT I couldn t interpret the results displayed With SAX I have to manually find solutions to any detected intrusions which was kind of tedious and a little confusing since I m not that savvy in terms of computer security Both were uninstalled because of user inconvenience and it interfered with computer speed Rootkit removal tools that I used Blacklight Rootkit Eliminator Nothing was found RootkitRevealer It only revealed Settings changed mysteriously on email account, Computer hangs on boot suspicious activity on certain files and registry entries but I don t know how to remove the ones I suspect the most based on the time stamp and the nature of the file First one is now uninstalled Antivirus Avast - When I ran it on safe mode the virus chest only reported a scanning error fishy On normal mode it says infected files Firewall Windows Firewall -- I can t install a new one because everytime I do the computer won t start properly I already tried turning the Windows one off and installing the new firewall computer still doesn t start properly I only get a black screen I wait for like mins the screen s still blank Antiphishing tool Netcraft toolbarAntiKeylogger tool Snoopfree --This has mysteriously disappeared on my computer Without a trace Extra privacy tool IPshield -- This has mysteriously disappeared on my computer Without a trace Tightened settings on firewall and browserPERSISTENT PROBLEMS Everytime I log in to my email account the settings are already changed Everytime I turn the computer on it hangs and I have to reboot it each time Aside from the malware symptoms the most disturbing part of the problem is someone knows what I m doing on my computer And he boldly tells me HE KNOWS Please help Thanks

A:Settings changed mysteriously on email account, Computer hangs on boot

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311471/settings-changed-mysteriously-on-email-account-computer-hangs-on-boot/
Relevancy 64.07%

This should be an easy problem to solve, but I have been unable to figure it out...

On the windows login screen, right below my login name, there is a little note that says how many new mail messages I have- This however was set up by my ex-boyfriend under his hotmail account. I'd like to change it to one of my accounts if possible, (I primarily use a university based webmail account), and if I can't change it to anything but hotmail or msn then I would like to remove it.

I haven't been able to figure out where to find this setting.

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated.

-Alex

Relevancy 63.64%

Okay, here's my issue. Like a dummy, I renamed my workgroup without exporting to a backup file for my outlook 2003 working files. Now that I am in a new environment, I cannot seem to import my old email and contact information to my new profile under the new workgroup. I tried to import, but no option; I tried to copy the old files to my new directory, but no luck. I am hoping someone out there knows a bit about outlook 2003.

Thanks
Alex

A:Import outlook 2003 files w/o backup files, but have original working file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-outlook-2003-files-w-o-backup-files-but-have-original-working-file.746554/
Relevancy 63.64%

Is it an expected acceptable function that my recently installed NOD32.3 deletes the favourite status of my folders every time I scan? Many thanks.

A:Nod32.3 And Outlook 2003 Settings

I have realized that after scanning with NOD32.3, my favourite character of folders in Outlook 2003 gets deleted becoming just regular ones. I do not like this because it makes me thinking "what other issues can it delete"? Is it there anything to avoid this? Other functions seem to be very good. Many thanks and regards.Mod Edit:Topic: Nod32.3 Deletes Some Outlook 2003 Settings merged for continuity ~TMacK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152628/nod323-and-outlook-2003-settings/
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot seem to find the right settings for ADD AN ACCOUNT when I am in the MAIL program on this Win8 pc. I have opened MAIL, which I take is Outlook.com SETTINGS>ADD AN ACCOUNT from there I supply email address, password, username and then for the

Incoming (IMAP) email server PORT ??
[ ] Incoming server requires SSL
Outgoing (SMTP) email server PORT ??
[ ] Outgoing Server requires SSL
[ ] Outgoing Server requires authentication
[ ] Use the same username and password to send and receive mail ( I think this box should be checked )

I can find no combination of things that work. Can anyone help? I have tried Googling all sorts of sites and pages but can not seem to come to some workable combination. Much appreciated. jack

A:Verizon's acct settings for Outlook.com's ADD AN ACCOUNT??

I don't know about Verizon's IMAP support but the following are Verizon's POP Mail Server settings...

Incoming (POP) email server= pop.verizon.net Port= 995 (This Requires SSL)
[X] Incoming server requires SSL

Outgoing (SMTP) email server= smtp.verizon.net Port= 465 (This Requires SSL and Authentication)
[X] Outgoing Server requires SSL
[X] Outgoing Server requires authentication

[X] Use the same username and password to send and receive mail

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/19361-verizons-acct-settings-outlook-coms-add-account.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016.

After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do this?

A:Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Hello Nigel,

When you open the File menu in Outlook 2016 you should get an option to export:

Does this provide a way to do what you want?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55226-outlook-2016-export-account-settings.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I been using Outlook for - years and have about Outlook e-mails saved including a folder which contains all my purchased software serial numbers I carefully exported all my Outlook e-mails before switching to Windows mail messages Windows into 2003 Can't mail Outlook import mail I have discovered to my dismay that Windows mail can not import Outlook mail and somehow in the process of installing Windows Can't import Outlook 2003 mail messages into Windows mail mail my Outlook program disappeared My old Student and Teacher Office disk which contained the Outlook software is too scratched to reinstall I have looked for some kind of Outlook to Windows Mail converter from Microsoft but no luck so far I am absolutely amazed that Microsoft would publish a new mail program and not include import routines for its own legacy mail programs Outlook apparently has the same problem with Windows Mail Even if I purchase a replaacement disk from Microsoft I have the orginal box and serial number for my Student and Teacher Office package so I thick I could still get a replacement disk I would still have to use two e-mail programs and eventually Outlook would stop working with some future OS upgrade Any suggestions

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/256798-cant-import-outlook-2003-mail-messages-into-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 63.21%

What are the pro's/con's of converting my offline email account to an online account? It seems like I tried this once before when I received a new smartphone but it caused lots of issues with duplicated calendar and contact entries or something of the sort. I work in the field and therefore don't always have connectivity. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-offline-vs-online-account.846149/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

In Oulook 2003, I have multiple mail accounts, but sometimes I want to "freeze" a certain account and put it on hold. I don't want to delete it, just to make sure that Outlook does not check that account now (because all my mailing lists go to that account and I don't want to have to download 1B messages after vacation, only what's important to me at that time). Is that possible? how?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-outlook-2003-putting-an-account-on-hold-83557.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I work at a Account Outlook Multiple Access 2003 company employees and on one of our XP machines we run Microsoft Outlook We used to have it setup so when you started Outlook it prompted for a Username and Password and anyone could use their Exchange login to access their email After we reformatted the computer I can no longer get this to work It only lets me log on to a specific exchange account that I have setup in in the quot Email Account quot settings It still prompts for a username and password but only the account that is set up logs in It rejects any other login All of us work off the same server and the same Domain and it was extremely convenient that anyone could log on to their email from this machine How can i get this functionality back Is there a setting I am missing Essentially I want to be able to access any account on our internal exchange server one at a time not simultaneously without setting up each account individually Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-multiple-account-access.1065443/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi we have recently bought 3 Advent 4211-b laptops (identical to MSI wind) and they came with windows XP, on XP the display resolution was 1024 by 768, but we installed Vista on all 3 and now alot of programs won't run because the resolution for some reason is 1024 by 600, is there anyway of changing it to 768, I don't think there is but I thought id ask, if you need spec il post it. Cheers

Joe

A:MSI Wind Display Settings

Resolution changes are made in Display: You will find instructions and screen shots for this here:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/help/0386b009-5f30-45c7-80c8-ff0395cc24091033.mspx
You begin by doing this:

1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.
2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-wind-display-settings.115728/
Relevancy 63.21%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 63.21%

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is for XP more than for Vista I have been using Outlook since as far as I can remember but there are times that I want to ring its neck or tear it apart limb from limb I guess is better I don't know who the creator is But I digress Anyways back to my original thought I have been having some issues with Outlook best to use a new thread for this so I decided to change to Mozilla Thunderbird but it didn't work like I thought it would again new thread Bottom line is I have to go back to Outlook My pet peeve is that even though I back up my pst files eveytime I need to do a clean Outlook install or simple migration of sorts I loose my custom settings rules amp alerts etc etc Is there an easy way to back up all these custom settings as well so you can migrate Outlook painlessly I have done the google 'till my eyes drew blood but all I am getting are mixed solutions or me having to install a rd party with Help Outlook Backing Custom Up Settings 2003 software Right now I have e-mail accounts being handled by Outlook my Office Personal Company's bulk e-mail and Company's g-mail so I Help with Backing Up Outlook 2003 Custom Settings use a lot of custom settings

A:Help with Backing Up Outlook 2003 Custom Settings

are you using the wizard to backup?

Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/241189-help-backing-up-outlook-2003-custom-settings.html