Windows Support Forum

Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Q: Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone I have a Netgear N wireless router that I bought and have been using since together with an adtec modem on my at amp t internet sevice My modem went out and I replaced it with the now recommended replacement modem which is the Motorola As a result and in doing so my settings are having to be reset on my N router for my wireless signal settings Resetting Netgear N300 on router... to be used for my wierless devices In trying to do so and in going through the setup Resetting settings on Netgear N300 router... of the router again I ve discovered in logging into the Netgear website to recover reset the router settings for the new modem setup I m being told by Netgear that the N router I bought came with only a day tech support and that I can purchase a tech support extended plan for for yr or for yrs for them to be able to help me and synchronize and reset the router settings Quite honestly I can t see spending this much extra money on support for a router that cost me in the first place I may as well just buy another router for to get another day tech support and to provide support in setting up the new one but it s the principle of the thing and it s such a waste to trash the present router when it is in perfect working order otherwise Then again if this is how shoddy and shysterish Netgear s tech support is I don t believe I would want to support them or in anyway encourage them in their use of a policy that is so unfair and lacking in flexibility to such a small assistance request to reset this modem which would not take them but maybe minutes or less My question therefore is this Has anyone out there experienced a similar or like situation and is there a workaround or another solution to this other than going through Netgear to reset the router s settings Is there a way to recover or discover the settings and reset them manually myself I very much appreciate any help anyone can offer and I thank you all in advance for any help and any advice anyone can offer Thanks alot nbsp

A:Resetting settings on Netgear N300 router...

Hey drpepper. You can manually reset your router settings to its default settings as they were when you bought it. I would disconnect the router from the modem and just use the simple procedure to reset the router. You can then access the router setup page and change the default password, network name (SSID), and set up your encryption mode (wpa2 preferred) and create a password/network key to secure your router. Save any changes you make, and when done,power off the router. Power on your modem, wait a minute,then power up the router, wait a minute, then see if you can detect your network. All of the info for doing this is in the N300 router setup manual, with the reset procedure on page 39.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR3500LV1/WNR3500L_SM_11JUN2010.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resetting-settings-on-netgear-n300-router.197284/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 22.36%

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

A:Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was watching a tv show on nbc on my dell inspirion when I lost Wi-Fi. I checked and I had no signal and it wasn't even showing any available networks. I called dell and they ran me through a diagnostics. But once they saw my McAfee was expired and I wasn't paying extra for tech support they wouldn't help. Now it's not even showing Wi-Fi in my network connections just Ethernet. Please help

A:No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

IMO, McAffee isn't worth $$; ditch it and get WiFi running again.

THEN, choose { Avast or AVG } as your A/V product, DL & install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wi-fi-listed-in-network-settings.206899/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi,
Could someone please tell me the default CPU settings for the i7 2600k.
By this I mean which CPUs are defaulted to be parked on the resource manager.
I made the mistake of unparking all of them without keeping a record of which ones
were parked.
Thanks,
Adam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-default-cpu-park-settings.202858/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have recently installed a new power supply due to the fact that the other one had seen the light. Now when I try to start up the system, the POST test is just fine but then I get the message that there is a CMOS setting wrong. (See picture) The system boots in windows and everything looks okay except the fact that my mouse and keyboard are not working. Any advice on whats going on?

A:CMOS settings wrong

Did you try setting the bios to default? Or removing cmos battery for about 5 secs. ? This might reset the bios for you. This may resolve your problem. If not post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-settings-wrong.200014/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi!

I'm about to purchase Total War: Rome II and want to run it with "Ultra settings" and high framerate. My configuration is:

Motherboard: GA-EP35-DS3
Processor: Duo Core 2 E6850 3.0 GHz
GPU: GeForce 880 GT 512 MB

RAM: 4 GB DDR2

Do I have to upgrade my hardware? If so, what would you recommend? Would a new
GPU be enough?

I need all the help I can get. Thanks!

A:Ultra settings...

To answer your question, yes you will have to update, the 8800 GT is way out of date and I don't know for sure if you can run it on low settings with decent frame rate let alone Ultra. The Core 2 Duo will also be outdated by todays standards but for me the game is not too CPU intensive.

You can start by grabbing a new GPU, something like a R9 270X or GTX 760 will be enough to get Ultra with reasonable framerate, but your CPU will be the bottleneck next.

At this point, I would just about say start a new system, because I don't think reaching Ultra in Rome Total War 2 is going to be easy with a Core 2 Duo and for sure not on an 8800 GT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultra-settings.197455/
Relevancy 22.79%

Its currently set at 1280 x 800 pixels. Its 14 inch diagonal. Is that correct? TIA

A:Settings for my Vista laptop Monitor

In the control panel under display. Dose it say it say 1280 x 800 is it's native display. ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/settings-for-my-vista-laptop-monitor.197414/
Relevancy 22.79%

Let me start off saying Different Sizes 2 Have Up The Show Monitors Settings But Same I actually have monitors but my rd monitor is an old one and shouldn t matter at this time since its SD and not HD I have other monitors though Both are HD televisions One is like inch the other is inch the inch one is connected to my cable for tv as well Everything was working fine for a long time till I downloaded windows Now I have both set to the highest settings of x But when I move things from my inch to my inch The things on the inch are 2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes giant and blown out of proportion now I tested this with internet explorer and if I have internet explorers zoom settings set to on the inch When I move the window to the inch It suddenly reads it at zoom And if I set it to on the inch and move it to the inch it reads it at zoom It didn t used to do this Also this happens with games now which is even far worse If im in the inch everything is fine but if I move a game window over to the inch everything becomes scrunched together and text is blown up to huge proportions and I don t even know how to fix this for gaming The odd thing is The desktop background and toolbars are all set to the proper size and look the same across both monitors Or if they aren t I cant detect 2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes any discernable difference like I can if I move a window from one to the other BUT 2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes its clear that the mouse pointer is much larger on the inch tv Is this an issue with something else im doing wrong Is there a way to lock everything or at least games and internet explorer to be just normal and the same betwixt the This might seem like just a minor annoyance at least for browsing the interent But if im gaming it just screws everything up Can anyone offer any help please I can give graphic card settings and even screen shot the difference between the if youd like nbsp

A:2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes

I have mostly fixed the problem! In the resolution settings there is an option that says make text and other items larger or smaller. For some odd reason all of the different monitors were set to different sizes. After switching all those to a small size. That immediately fixed the issue with games looking blown up and gargantuan on my 60 inch tv. But the charms bar was still huge. So going to the settings through the load up screen and not desktop mode in windows 8 I went to the settings and in the display settings there was another option for toolbars and whatnot which was set to default only on the 60 inch tv. When I set that to small like the rest that fixed the issue with that. So everything seems to be fixed right........ sadly no its a lot better than it was but not completely fixed yet.

While for gaming its definatly fixed. When I move an internet window from one to the other monitors the zoom sizes still change size between the 3 monitors. While this isn't a big issue since its something I can deal with. I would like to fix it if I can. What I would really like is to know if theres a way I can lock the zoom mode betwixt all 3 monitors for the internet settings. I checked the internet options and didn't notice anything that stood out to me for locking for fixing that.

When I was at my work computer it has 4 monitors, 3 are the same and 1 is a large tv. I noticed that when I moved stuff into the large tv such as an internet window, it didn't change the zoom size on my work station so im wondering what the difference is between them.

On a side note. For some reason when I start up games now most start up in stereoscopic mode. I figured out that ctrl+t shuts it off in most cases but it didn't used to do that and in my NVidia settings I cant seem to find any option for 3d vision/stereoscopic mode. This may require a full post but figured id ask it here for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-monitors-have-the-same-settings-but-show-up-different-sizes.197186/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,

I have the Acer GN245HQ 3D monitor and I need your help to set the parameters of this screen for that I can have a good calibration of colors, and the best reactivity in game, for exemple what's the right value that I must set in the OSD, now I have the default value OSD=10.
Im using the GTX 680 graphic card.
Plz help me.

Thank you,

A:Acer GN245HQ Settings

Colours are subjective to each display, so must be calibrated separately. Google around for guides.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-gn245hq-settings.196802/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was having trouble with my wireless router, even when connected by a cable. I was getting the message "DNS server not responding".

I played with the settings and it seems to be working now.

What does "Enable WAN Ping Respond" do?
What does "Enable DNS relay" do?
Should avoid arp attack be enabled? (It seems obvious it should be but by default it was disabled).

A:Dlink router settings

Which model Router do you have. So we all can help you out.
Disconnect the WAN (internet yellow or blue port) first
Power cycle the Router unplug it

Power cycle the modem first wait 30 seconds then connect the power.
Turn on back the Router
Connect the Router to the Modem
It should get IP from your ISP and DNS Servers should be one to two of them listed.
All PCs on your network should be powered cycled or rebooted a this point.

Notice: Your New Router comes with CD use that to setup it up your new router. Leave the defaults active unless you know what your doing and until you get use too your router features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-router-settings.196012/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, in the sound Blaster Z control panel should I set my headphones to stereo or 5.1 for the best surround sound experience? They are stereo headphones.

Thanks

A:Sound Blaster Z settings question

You'll only get virtual surround. Set it to stereo, then enable virtual surround (or whatever it is called).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-settings-question.195541/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,, im not computer savvy but I kno enough to do my basic gaming& email

I would like it if someone could me how to a hard reset

A:How do I reinstall OS?

Follow these steps: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install. It is the same for Windows 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-reinstall-os.193018/
Relevancy 22.36%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-z68a-gd55-wont-allow-changes-to-overclocking-settings-after-bios-update.191535/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 19.78%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 22.79%

Dear friends,
I was wanting to open up my desktop CPU, with the case. I wud be disconnecting all the input wires to avoid any kind of shocks. But, I thought, if I wud be removing all its parts I.e. HDD RAMdisk, motherboard... , and if I join them back to its earlier locations (just to get an insight of my CPU in detail), wud it affect my earlier work done on my Desktop? Wud I have to re- install the OS? Will it change any of my earlier used settings in the Desktop?
Please advice...

A:Will it affect my earlier desktop settings?

Doing this could cause the computer not to "see" the hard drive any longer, thus not being able to boot up properly. Is it really worth doing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-it-affect-my-earlier-desktop-settings.188429/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi again I ve been having some problems with my computer lately beginning May which began when I finally got tied of fixing XP I defaulted and asked a local computer store to install Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, Modular *Award FJ settings with BIOS* Win Home Premium onto my WD Gb IDE drive which I Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings had purchased from them months prior About two or three weeks later my MoBo suspiciously started to fail Not one to cast aspersions I took it back and paid them another AUD to tell me that it was the MoBo then paid another Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings Gigabyte reseller to confirm the same who was Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings intrigued that if you flicked the board on the bench it would re- boot as though someone had been a little over zealous in tending to it So three GA- KNXP with DPS and two GA- KNXPUltra FJ MoBo s LATER I finally attached my WD Gb HDD Win to a new configuration thats the configuration not the MoBo they re all nd hand from my mates in China AND WOW Microsoft Critical Updates Conflicts and my Nvidia GeForce AGP card still not updating correctly Call to Microsoft was within the three day window for validation of install who suggested clean install which is fine as in the three weeks Win was in use I was mostly just finding my way around the newest OS offering from Microsoft The Win boot disc would not load The support staff sugested I download a new Win iso incase the Genuine DVD was corrupted Still not working was suggested the Drive might be the issue just happened that I had a new SSD in the draw Was able to atleast format that using the broken Win I actually believe that if I knew how to change the BIOS settings to reflect what I am trying to get the OS to run installed in the bays of my machine I would atleast have a platform to begin to get a stable boot- to-OS Which the gentle folk at Microsoft would at least have a greater opportunity at a successful transition of OS The board I m using is just too OLD for the young- guns of today I have updated my BIOS using the Gigabyte bios program here I need to know the settings needed to configure the board GA- KNXPUltra FJ here with the Award Modular BIOS v PG copyrighted - to see just the HDD SSD just as conected drives NOT as SICI RAID devices A manual to assist with the CMOS Setup quot Award quot Utility perhaps it might be useful Sorry if this seems to be a RANT Does anyone have any recollection of these times gone by please Edit I had a copy of Ubuntu-KK- and when I ran it as a live CD I found that the SSD that I had set as the Boot from device was prefaced with name sici- ID number of drive size of drive in Kb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-8knxpultra-fj-with-award-modular-bios-settings.188678/
Relevancy 23.22%

Up until recently, I'd never been particular about peripherals. In fact, it is only now that I've begun to experiment with the features of my mouse driver -- all of which are quite new to me. So I'm curious as to what mouse settings you guys use.

For now, mine are as follows:

- Polling rate is still at default 8ms.
- Mouse speed is at 6/11 in Windows, enhanced pointer precision off, MarkC fix enabled.
- Mouse dpi settings are at 1200 dpi on a 1920x1080 monitor. I toggle down to 400 dpi when necessary.
- Usually, I have the in-game mouse sensitivity set to medium or low.

I'm using a Corsair M60.

What settings do you use when gaming? Do you use these same settings for everything else?

A:Mouse settings?

I don't really have access to my desktop right now, so this is a wild guess on my memory, on what I use:

Windows sens. something like 6/10.
1080p monitor.
Maxed polling rate (1000?)
2600DPI on desktop
3400DPI on FPS and other usual games
5600DPI for some weird games with slow movement, or LoL/HoN/DotA (HoN I play mainly) or other RTS as necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-settings.187707/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all!

I have one problem need help.
My computer before have 2 drives (80 GB) drive C is 40 GB, my pc is got virus so I decide to reinstall win xp sp2 after I setup I cannot find my drive D: even on Disk Management,
I also take my Hard Disk to connect with other computer still cannot find it,
Please help me,
thank

A:Cannot find drive D after reinstall Windows XP SP2

Is drive D an optical drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-drive-d-after-reinstall-windows-xp-sp2.186712/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello.
I have this new PC:
CPU: I-5 2500 (without the 'k') @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: ASUS GTX 580 direct cu II overclocked to 878 Mhz
Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
RAM: APACER 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz

I was trying to play Rome: Total War (a game made way back in 2004) at max settings and at 1600x900 resolution (which is the max resolution of my monitor) and I get an average framerate of 20 fps, often even lower. So I checked GPU usage during the game, turns out it never reached 20%. But when I lowered the graphics settings, the fps immediately jumped to 60. As far as I can tell from task manager, there seems to be high CPU usage during gaming, but it doesn't tell how much exactly. So does this mean higher graphics settings require faster CPU clocks and not just a faster GPU? Or does it just mean there's a stability problem with my PC that's affecting its performance?

A:Do you need higher CPU speed to play at higher graphics settings in games?

What power supply do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-higher-cpu-speed-to-play-at-higher-graphics-settings-in-games.183570/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all this is driving me nuts Fresh windows SP setup Problems Server on 2003 reading USB HDD 2TB x Buffalo tb external USB hard drives It worked for me a few day ago with no problems I was able to read and write Yesterday I went to configure backups and this is what is happening Drive detected in device manager in disk manager comes up as basic disc with partition of GB but doesn t say NTFS and so has no drive letter when clicked Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 on properties getting error message quot The operation canceled due to an internal error quot If I try format partition diskman locks Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 up I can delete partition ok Tried creating a small Gb partition but still having same issue I can read USB memory sticks ok All hdds are behaving the same way on server All are perfectly workable on another computers W XP I have tried re-installing chipset drivers - didn t help The only major change I can recall since it was working - ESET Antivirus was installed but I don t think it could be a problem Please Help nbsp

A:Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003

Usually you will need a 64 Bit system to be able to read any drive with a total compacity of over 500 gigabytes. If possible I would suggest upgrading to Windows Server 2012 in order to fully take advantage of your TB drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-reading-2tb-usb-hdd-on-server-2003.184297/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,
I need some advice please..
For quite a few years I had a Canon iP5000 and when I wanted to print a document from my PC I simply pressed PRINT and the printer would automatically come on print my document and then after a few minutes shut down again.
I was really annoyed when the nozzles got clogged and now the machine is useless.
I bought a new Canon MG5350 (slower and noisier and doesn't print anywhere as good as the iP5000 ). Can anyone advise me if it is possible to set the MG5350 up so as to operate the same way as I had the iP5000 ( I.e start when I press PRINT on my computer and shut down after printing).

Regards eddiemac.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-mg5350-settings.182640/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently got an HP rectangular flat screen monitor with screen measurements of 16 & 1/4 " wide X 10" top to bottom & 19" diagonal. As you can see by the picture

I'd like to know if I can get rid of the black @ top & bottom. I never did change them from the CRT settings. Currect settings are

A:Help with monitor settings

All LCD monitors have a native resolution. If you look through the documentation that came with your LCD monitor, it will tell you what the native or optimal resolution should be. Looking at your picture you have above, you are NOT running at the 19" LCDs native resolution. Most likely you need to be running: 1366x768, 1440x900, 1680x1050, or 1920x1080. Crank that slider all the way to the right, that is usually where the LCD screens native resolution resides. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-monitor-settings.181524/
Relevancy 24.94%

I currently have a gtx 560 ti and I'm acquiring a gtx 670. So, in the end, both cards will be under the hood.The 670 will go into the currently 560 ti slot and the 560 ti will go into the currently empty slot. Both use the same driver, do I have to reinstall it, or just stick the new gpu to the mobo and be happy ever after?

A:Do I have to reinstall the drivers when adding a new GPU?

Generally, I say you should always re-install graphics drivers when adding a new card.

What is the reason for running both cards at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-reinstall-the-drivers-when-adding-a-new-gpu.181526/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just created a temporary 2003 sbs server to test a new payroll system. I used an HP 1520Y as the server. It installed fine, but I can't map to it or from it. When I try to browse it shows all the computers on the network but won't Connect to them. When I browse to it from my client I can see it but when I try connect nothing happens. I know I'm missing something stupid.

Thanks in advance,

skipro_98

A:Mapping to or from Windows SBS 2003

Did you setup DNS Server, DHCP Server, Active Directory?
Are you on a Domain?
Are all your systems connected to the Cisco Catalyst Managed Switch and using Cisco Router.
Are the system seeing all the nodes on your network?
Are the client licences setup correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mapping-to-or-from-windows-sbs-2003.181288/
Relevancy 23.22%

I found I don't receive this error "Packet needs to be fragmented but DF Set" when I do a " ping -f -l 1400 www.yahoo.com ". Then I set MTU to the the value of 1400 and reboot the machine. After reboot, I did a another " ping -f -l 1400 www.yahoo.com " and got "Packet needs to be fragmented but DF Set" error again. I lower the value again and another reboot, I get the same error.

I think I'm doing some thing wrong here - Please help.

A:Chaging MTU Settings

As I recall, there's an 8 byte header, so if MTU is 1408, then ping -l 1400 should be clean.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chaging-mtu-settings.179486/
Relevancy 22.36%

Dear All.
I have been stuck to a peculiar problem. Let me discuss the situation. I Have got the following configuration: Asus motherboard with Intel Dual Core processor, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM and one 80GB P-ATA and one 500 GB S-ATA HDD. I have installed Windows in the S-ATA HDD and decided to use the P-ATA HDD as additional storage drive. Now the problem is, sometimes the system cannot detect the P-ATA HDD, and sometimes when it detects it appears as Primary IDE Slave and in that case the SATA drive disappears from the boot priority drive list in bios setting. So the system cannot boot. Presently I am using my PC without connecting the P-ATA drive. But I want to use both of them. In this situation can u masters help me out of this problem? Thanks in advance........ Kabiraj.

A:My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Is the BIOS updated to it's latest firmware?
Alternative solution would be that you buy an pata HDD USB box and put the pata HDD in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sata-hdd-is-not-available-for-boot-priority-selection-in-bios-settings.178476/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

Restored laptop (Acer Aspire 5735, OS Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit) to factory settings a few months ago and noticed that there was a lot of space being used up on C: drive even though I hadn't started installing programs and putting files back on to laptop.

Used SpaceSniffer to see where all the space was being used up and it only found the C: drive to have size of 38.1GB even though it should have 69.6GB. Also ran WinDirStat and that also said C: drive had size 38.1GB.

Any suggestions on why there seems to be 31.5GB missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks!

A:Missing hard drive space after restoring laptop to factory settings

"it should have 69.6GB"...
Is the drive 80GB unformatted? Did you format the drive when starting the restore? This is known as a "destructive" restore. If you didn't, it is possible that the old Vista files are still on the drive, along with the new files, taking up the space

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-hard-drive-space-after-restoring-laptop-to-factory-settings.175311/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys I just bought an Acer Aspire z- laptop It has windows and a realtek sound card The problem is that I am not getting a good sound from my headphones when I connect them to the laptop I have tried pairs and I face the same issue I tried changing the settings from realtek control panel but there is no specific option for headphones there Also in control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices there is no option for headphones I have selected both quot show disabled devices quot and quot show disconnected devices quot and still i cannot see any option for headphones I sent out a mail laptop for headphones option my No new settings in sound in :( to acer tech support and they said that I have to control my headphones using the quot speakers option quot that I see under control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices Can it be like that I thought I should be seeing all the options since it is a windows feature I have updated all the drivers and all but nothing seems to be working Please help me out over here Thanks in advance Lovish nbsp

A:No option for headphones in sound settings in my new laptop :(

Yes, in the Windows 7 Control Panel you will see a "Sound Option". Select headphones and select configure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-option-for-headphones-in-sound-settings-in-my-new-laptop.175746/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is happned wen i try launtch NVIDIA Control panel You are not currently using display attached to an Nvidia GPU when i go to Computer Managment gt Divice Manager gt Display adapters gt Nvidia GeForce gt Properties its say divice status is Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code And available settings display Nvidia are not when i try launtch World of warcraft its Nvidia display settings are not available say Failed to find suitable display divice I try update all my drivers that not help i try reinstall windows that not help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DOVYDAS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language Lithuanian Regional Setting Lithuanian System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model P QL PRO BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Nvidia display settings are not available Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Driver Name Driver File Version Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B -B DAEC CB Vendor Nvidia display settings are not available ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FE amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FE amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FE amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura ... Read more

A:Nvidia display settings are not available

Bad install, bad driver, or bad card. First try re-installing from the NVidia site download.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-display-settings-are-not-available.176152/
Relevancy 24.94%

I'm running an HP a3040n machine with Win XP PRO/SP3 with all MS updates.
Would this be the correct sequence to re-install the 9200 Radeon?
1. Boot machine into Safe Mode
2. Use add/remove programs to remove all (old) ATI files
3. Install 9200 Radeon card to PCI slot
4. Shut down computer
5. connect VGA cable from 9200 to monitor
6. Re-boot machine into bios and set primary video to PCI
7. Install latest driver from ATI

Thanks for looking...

A:Reinstall Radeon 9200

Do step 3 after step 4. Don't want to be physically installing (or removing) hardware while the PC is on.

I would also add a step 2.5 where you delete anything your display adapter from device manager too.

6 is necessary if you are going from onboard to a PCI card. Are you sure the 9200 is a step up though? Thats a really old card. What is the onboard card, something like a Rage Fury?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstall-radeon-9200.176069/
Relevancy 40.85%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, i was thinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings to take care of some fps issues ive been having for the last 10 months, since my laptop came without an OS disc does that mean that the OS is integrated into the laptop and that when i restore it i wont have to buy a new one?

Thanks

A:Question about restoring factory settings on my laptop

xxJags said:

Hey, i was thinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings to take care of some fps issues ive been having for the last 10 months, since my laptop came without an OS disc does that mean that the OS is integrated into the laptop and that when i restore it i wont have to buy a new one?

ThanksClick to expand...

Is it new? Does it still have a warranty? If it still has a warranty, take it back so you don't void the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-restoring-factory-settings-on-my-laptop.175006/
Relevancy 22.36%

Looking to play Skyrim and I need to upgrade my video card (PCI only).
I have a Sony VAIO PCV-2210. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 1 Cores - 1 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2)
CPUID : F.2.7 / Extended : F.2
CPU Cache : L1 : 12 / 8 KB - L2 : 512 KB
Core : Northwood (0.130) / Stepping : C1
Freq : 2545.97 MHz (134.02 * 19)
MB Brand : Asus
MB Model : KIRIN-V
NB : Intel i845GV rev A1
SB : Intel 82801DB (ICH4) rev 01
GPU Type : Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
DirectX Version : 9.0c
RAM : 1024 MB DDR
RAM Speed : 134 MHz (1:1) @ 2.5-3-3-7
Slot 1 : 512MB (3200)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 2 : 512MB (3200)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Kingston

A:Do any of these PCI cards work with my mobo and will it run Skyrim on lower settings?

just realized I can't post links yet. I was looking at Micro Center under PCI cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-any-of-these-pci-cards-work-with-my-mobo-and-will-it-run-skyrim-on-lower-settings.174591/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all, just set up a server running server 2003 and exchange 2003. Configured dns and mx records. I could send and recieve e-mails internally within the network, but when trying to send from my gmail account I get an error. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Exchange Server 2003 sending e-mail externally problem

I know this is an old post, but are you still having problems with mail. Also, are you having problems sending mail to an external email account or receiving mail from an external account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-server-2003-sending-e-mail-externally-problem.172488/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I was wondering, will a Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire run Skyrim on max settings with the following components? I have 2 Radeon HD 6850 and a Crossfire Bridge so I was wondering.

Intel i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz
Windows 7
64 bit operating system
8GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive

A:Will a Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire run Skyrim on max settings?

Unless you have some crazy resolution I'm gonna say you will be more than fine . Hopefully it'll be properly supported out of the box; this is a major release though so I'd imagine any issues would be addressed very quickly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-radeon-hd-6850-crossfire-run-skyrim-on-max-settings.173050/
Relevancy 23.22%

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t
Asus 990FX Sabertooth
8gb Corsair XMS3 - 1333mhz
2 - XFX AMD HD Radeon 6850's
Asus 22x - DVD+RW
120gb OCZ Solid Series
1tb Segate - 7200rpm HDD
Kingwin - LZG Lazer 1000watt

I am most concerned about crossfire and if Skyrim will take advantage of it or not or should I just disable crossfire and use one card?

A:Can my PC run Skyrim on ultra settings?

No , 6850 crossfired wont run the game LOL JK JK.
Of course. Games need about 3 cores now adays, Crysis 2 BF3, use up about 60 percent of total CPU power. Your CPU and RAM is more then enough. You need a good video card now, and you have that in the 6850. You have them in crossfire, you should be able to play any game @ 1080p 8x CSAA 16xAF high quality,, game on high quality settings. gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-pc-run-skyrim-on-ultra-settings.173169/
Relevancy 23.22%

Never was very good at figuring this stuff out so I figured I just ask. With my PC how well will I be able to run Skyrim?

My specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0Ghz
4Gb RAM
Radeon HD 5770 1Gb memory
Resolution: 1920x1080

I know my CPU might be lacking, but I don't know how big a deal it'll be.

http://www.elderscrollv.com/skyrim-system-requirements/

A:Can I run Skyrim on max settings and have a decent FPS (30-60)?

I am not sure if on max. What is playable FPS to you? 30 and above?

Maybe overclock that GPU by a bit and the CPU should be capable of going a bit more, up to about 3.6 GHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-run-skyrim-on-max-settings-and-have-a-decent-fps-30-60.172354/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello Techies!

Lately I found an old 75f monitor near the garbage and, as the good scavenger that I am, immediately took it under my possession. The problem with it is that every time the monitor turns off and on, be it with the OS's auto turn off monitor option or when I turn the computer on, the settings on it get scrambled up and I have to set the color settings and the screen deformations all over again.

You guys have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

Arial

A:NEC MultiSync 75F monitor settings scramble up each turn-on

This was a cheap poorly built monitor to begin with... Since you like to salvage electronics, you must be good at soldering. Open up the case and resolder all the connections on the board containing the CRT socket. The signal cable should connect to this CRT board too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-multisync-75f-monitor-settings-scramble-up-each-turn-on.171933/
Relevancy 24.94%

Can anyone help? I have a iiyama Prolite B2403WSB1 monitor. Last week I had a virus and needed to reinstall my OS and software. Suddenly the colours look odd on the monitor. It looks like there is a pink going to green wash over it from top to bottom. I uninstalled the last software I'd put on (Adobe Photoshop CS) and the monitor was back to normal. I then installed the following and the problem came back:

Memory map OS
Memory map navigator
Eraser
Quicktime
WriteitNow 4

None of these have ever caused a problem before but I uninstalled on the off chance one of them was causing the colour issue. They obviously weren't because I still have the problem. I could ask iiyama but my monitor is out of warranty.

Do you know what could be happening?

A:Monitor color went wonky after OS reinstall

check another monitor on pc check pc on different monitor

Hi happened similar to me a few years ago sent me a little mad turned out to be my cable but it was attched so couldnt change it and had to buy new monitor.
To check i did this.
Fitted my PC on friends monitor and was fine.
Fitted friend PC onto my monitor and dodgey.
But i do know if its not your cable and is your monitor no one fixes these anymore as tfts are so cheap now
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-color-went-wonky-after-os-reinstall.167368/
Relevancy 24.94%

Personal laptop crashed yesterday - replaced hard drive after it to the XP ping connect Can't reinstall but can web and performed complete re-install utilizing OEM reinstall discs ThinkPad T - probably my th reinstall Can't connect to the web but can ping it after XP reinstall with same discs a Tried opening up IE and unable to open any website - nothing b Performed pings and tracerts - can ping yahoo with no issues c Verified NICs verified IEEE verification - check d Verified LAN connection looking for proxy - changed it to automatic vs unchecked - no change using either option e Installed Firefox - same result verified LAN Connectivity change to automatic and blank - both tests negative f Ran ipconfig - everything resolves correctly - g Ran ipconfig all - dns servers resolve correctly h Connected nd laptop to network everything works as should i Connected to another network - repeated same process with no joy to internet via either browser j verified hosts files k turned off firewall - no joy l hard coded ip - no joy m all pings and tracerts all come back as normal - times are good n turned off wireless hardwired - still no joy and vice versa o left both of them on and connected both of them still no joy Lastly - opened up account on techspot and waived white flag clueless at this point Fixin to flatten this puppy but I decided I would see if I could learn something instead Haven t upgraded NIC drivers at present but thought it was something else since the pings are working Will upgrade after resolving this All help is appreciated and highly encouraged TIA Rick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-the-web-but-can-ping-it-after-xp-reinstall.167828/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello I have this mobo., with a XP athlon 3000+ Barton CPU. Can anyone tell me the exact BIOS setting for the most stable performance. Know I have it at 217mgz 10.5x, 100% memory which puts me at 2.28ghz.
Thank you.

A:A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS settings for stable performance?

You have to figure this out yourself by just boosting the CPU clock and Core voltage a notch at a time, until the system becomes unstable... Be aware that you may trash the motherboard if you go too far

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a7n8x-e-deluxe-bios-settings-for-stable-performance.163470/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guyz! I have an HCL HCM780 M monitor. It is not showing colors as they are. Black appears a little foggy and white a little dull. I have set the RB color to 55 and 55 respectively. Plz Help Me.

A:How to reset factory settings of my monitor?

outlander said:

Hey guyz! I have an HCL HCM780 M monitor. It is not showing colors as they are. Black appears a little foggy and white a little dull. I have set the RB color to 55 and 55 respectively. Plz Help Me.Click to expand...

Sir, just set your monitor to its default settings. locate the monitor menu button at the front, below or side or your monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-factory-settings-of-my-monitor.163441/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi, I would like to know on how to full screen a game? I play Specialforce/Soldierfront and Crossfire. When I go to the game its not full screen.. Theres a blank/black space on the left and right.. but in the bottom and the top its full screen. Can you teach me on how to full screen on VGA? thanks..Because I can't use DVI and Nvidia Scaling it.. I will stick to the VGA.. Can anyone help me? Please help me.

A:How can I full screen a game on VGA -> Can I full screen it with settings?

Resolution/aspect ratio

Sounds to me that ether you need to change the resolution in the game or your aspect ratio to match your monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-full-screen-a-game-on-vga-can-i-full-screen-it-with-settings.163487/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, I have a small problem but a big problem for me.. So I bought the LED Samsunng SycnmasterEX1920X yesterday and I my video card is MSI n430gt... Is there anyway to reset my setting on the DVI-i port of my video card because when I plug my VGA to the Monitor and start up my PC it detects my monitor and in Nvidia Control Panel But If I plug my DVI-i and start up my PC... It doesn't detect my monitor even at the Nvidia Control Panel... Does anyone know what is my problem? Please.... Help me...Because I need to use the DVI-i to use Nvdia Scaling Aspect Ratio....
Motherboard: Asus p7p55d-e pro
8gb ram
video card: MSI n430 Gt
Monitor: Samsung LED SyncMaster EX1920X
I use DVI-I to DVI-i Cable... Thanks.....

A:DVI-I doesn't detect my monitor, can I detect it in settings?

You already have a thread started for this problem here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic162995.html

Please do not post the same problem more than once. Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-i-doesnt-detect-my-monitor-can-i-detect-it-in-settings.163130/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, can someone please tell me where I can change the modulation settings on a D-Link 2730B. I can't seem to find it. Sorry for the stupid question, thanks in advance.

A:Modem modulation settings

Hi

why do you need to do this.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-modulation-settings.162774/
Relevancy 21.93%

Fairly newer Toshiba Satellite L s Windows Before i get into the details you should know part of my laptop s problem is even being able to type Trying to go back and change a word jumbles up everything so apologies for the insults to English grammar and language that may come Anyways at first i thought i had a virus My anti viruses settings, strange getting problem Returned to worse laptop yet factory deleted the effected files My scanners said everything was clean but to be on the safe side brought it to Staples where i bought it The guy said a system restore to factory settings would work I did that and the problem was STILL there After countless scans the virus seems to be gone I ve barley even had this laptop a couple months and im really trying to avoid shelling out money for something i JUST bought and wasnt cheap for me anyways Description of Problems Things like to highlight on their own For example if i go into a folder with pictures and i click on a thumbnail the rest one by one light up If i click on a picture to view its like its a slideshow when it shouldn t be Issues with tool bars as well If i click when i try to scroll down to pick something often other tool bars light up It doesn t seem to have anything to do with the mouse If there are bubble options to pick Returned laptop to factory settings, yet strange problem getting worse from like quot male female quot the chosen answer may bounce back and forth on its own I ve checked driver updates nothing I just defragmented toshiba health monitor says everything is fine Thanks for reading any information you need i ll do my best to get nbsp

A:Returned laptop to factory settings, yet strange problem getting worse

First thought is it sounds as if the 'left-click' is sticking or repeating very fast.
Does the same effect happen if you use the touch pad or a plugged-in USB mouse?
Can you go into Control panel, hardware, devices and printers, mouse, 'Pointer options' tab. Set the 'Set pointer speed' in the centre of the scale.
Then untick the box 'Enhance pointer precision'
In the 'Buttons' tab, click 'Restore defaults'
See if that makes any difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/returned-laptop-to-factory-settings-yet-strange-problem-getting-worse.162628/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 22.79%

is there a way to do this? i messed with some settings and now music won't come out of my laptop speakers, just headphones.

I know the speakers work. help please

A:Resetting default audio settings?

You have probably made your headphones default, and turned off the speakers.
In the taskbar, near the clock, right-click on the speaker icon. Choose 'Playback devices'. In the new window, do you see 1 or 2 items? Speakers and below that Speaker/headphones. Right-click on what is showing, and in the list tick the options, 'Show disabled devices' and 'Show disconnected devices'.
Now you should have 'Speakers' line showing, so right-click on it, and choose 'properties'. At the bottom of the box, you see a drop-box that gives 2 options. Make it to be 'Use this device-enable'. Click OK. That should work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resetting-default-audio-settings.161046/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop and Vista Home Premium. I click through control panel > mouse but I don't see a touch pad tab which I can click on to set the touch pad settings. Where can I find the place to set touch pad settings?

DSmith

A:Touchpad settings not available

I reloaded the Touchpad drivers and the problem was corrected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-settings-not-available.159470/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem as this person had:
techspot.com/vb/topic137518.html

Though their solution didn't work for me. I went into the BIOS and it said the audio was ON, so it didn't give me the option to reinstall the driver (if that's my problem.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some help.

A:No sound after OS reinstall

What operating system do you have?

What is the make and model of your computer? If Dell, please include the service tag no, to help pinpoint your exact configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-os-reinstall.158505/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a new at amp t u-verse wire hgv router modem w wifi a b g dissabled linked via cat cable to a netgear wndr a b g n because its better I set my connected netgear to dmz plus mode in the the wire lan settings I could nt find a bridge mode or a way to disable pvc search and i my & safe linked Are routers? for netgear settings 2wire turned off the dhcp in the netgears settings my desktop pc is wired to the netgear and all wireless ipad Are my settings safe for linked 2wire & netgear routers? iphones netbooks ps wii and dsi s are also through the netgear The netgear has a firewall right Is my setup as safe as it was when it was a cable modem Are my settings safe for linked 2wire & netgear routers? through the netgear will the netgear firewall protect me everything seems to be working ok but i don t want any suprises just to clarify when turning on dmz plus mode in the wire settings I had to choose which attatched device to give dmz plus access opens the firewall to in amp out traffic for that device as I understand it to but the netgears settings are not set to dmz plus mode just dhcp dissabled The netgear is used only for wifi and shared internet connection and not a home network Your help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Are my settings safe for linked 2wire & netgear routers?

I think you'd be better setting up your AT&T router as a switch, and then running your Netgear router as your main router.

DHCP should be setup on the Netgear router, and then that used to assign IP addresses to your networked devices.

Your AT&T one should have wireless disabled, DHCP disabled, and be assigned a static IP address. You can then use a cat 5 ethernet cable to connect the two routers.

Most of all, I would be setting up the AT&T as a DMZ, because you want the extra security it provides by isolating the internet from your private network (Netgear router).

In your situation you want the AT&T router to act purely as a switch, and nothing more. Your Netgear router can handle everything else. You also need to be aware that setting up a DMZ is more for public network devices, e.g. for webservers, so you can place them in the "public" area for net access, and hide your private network (Netgear in your case) away from it. You do not want to be connecting any devices to your AT&T router if it has DMZ enabled.

Here is a good, brief read on what DMZ is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-settings-safe-for-linked-2wire-netgear-routers.156564/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so I was trying to help out business near where I work They have a a really old tower and just recently the CRT monitor (I settings! not display of out message error range Monitor think) - they were using had Monitor error message out of range - not display settings! (I think) a the green on light on it but the screen was completely blank I lent them a flat screen monitor thinking maybe the monitor had had it This time I got the start up stuff - american megatrends etc but when it started booting windows just before it displays the desktop it says out of range I managed to get into safe mode to change resolution etc but there was no option for changing refresh rate it was greyed out and set as default didnt say what number What could be causing this So the CRT monitor wouldnt display anything at all The flatscreen gave error message just before displaying the desktop Is it display settings Is it the graphics card I told them I can t fix it unless I ve got a spare graphics card to replace theirs with and their mobo doesn t have a monitor out built in I could easily wipe it and reinstall windows good idea for this year old computer anyway but I don t think this is the real problem I ve lent them a tower in the mean time to tide them over Any ideas on this Cheers nbsp

A:Monitor error message out of range - not display settings! (I think)

Possibly the graphics card or the power supply could be going south.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-error-message-out-of-range-not-display-settings-i-think.156361/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I am seeking some assistance or advice with the above problem. Prior to resetting this laptop (Acer Aspire3680) the bluetooth dvice was fully functional but now it does not ppear as an option in the control panel nor do I see a device icon on the bottom left of the screen. thelaptop has a bluetooth toggle switch but when this is filcked a pop up sign flashes on the bottom of the screen "No Device" Can anyone advise on this matter please? Regards Keith

A:Bluetooth device not found once Vista reset to factory settings?

Prior to resetiing? You mean you used the options to restore to factory condition? Then you almost certainly just need to re-install the driver for the blue-tooth device. Read the manual, or the website support for the laptop, where you will also find the necessary driver if you cant find it on the HDD or CD's that came with the PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-device-not-found-once-vista-reset-to-factory-settings.156177/
Relevancy 31.82%

Well,

I was importing a CD in Itunes then Itunes just froze. I closed out and then it no longer read my CD in my drive. I then tried seeing if my drive would read a DVD and nope, needless to say I'm ticked off now.

I have a LITE -ON DVD+RW SOHW-822S DVD Drive

Steps I have already taken include re-installing driver, deleting Upper and Lower Filters (and then inputing those same filters again) BUT my drive still does not read a DVD or CD anymore. Again this happened immediately after Itunes froze when importing a CD.

Any help would be appreciated, and Thanks in advance.

A:Need help with DVD burner after iTunes CD import

These are just some guesses and questions.. not sure if they might help but here's what comes to mind

deleting Upper and Lower Filters (and then inputing those same filters again)Click to expand...

You deleted and then input them?? Typically, after deleting them you should reboot. If you still have problems after deleting filters and reboot you should next step uninstall/reinstall your Media related apps to let them reinstall the filters they need

See CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters and try the fixes as suggested there (and reinstall your apps) Is Itunes still installed??? Certainly reinstall it as well

After above, if problem persists
> Download/run Filter Driver Load Order tool
> Select your CD/DVD in left pane
> Then click on the Clipboard button and paste the result back into your next post

/* EDIT */
and along with filter order results, tell me what version of Windows you're running

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-dvd-burner-after-itunes-cd-import.155760/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me in the Nvidia Cotrol Panel how can can i make Nvidia's settings stick after restarting my laptop?

The color is always set to "other applications control color settings". What and where are those settings as well?

Maybe i can fix my color problems using the "other applications" thing but where is that?

I'm currently using windows vista and a GeForce 9650m GT on an asus laptop.

Thanks.

A:Nvidia Control Panel won't save settings after reboot

See the Guide here:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/190.62/190.62_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-control-panel-wont-save-settings-after-reboot.154943/
Relevancy 24.51%

My friend forgot her password for her Windows 7 login. Are there any quick fixes or do I need to reinstall Windows 7? If I need to reinstall she wants to keep all her files. How would I transfer her hard drive to my laptop or external hard drive?

A:Forgotten password- any quick fixes or just reinstall?

Can you log in as "Administrator"? -if that's possible just reset the password...

Otherwise if you want to save all the old stuff from the hdd then run a live cd (ex. ubuntu) and transfer the stuff to an external hdd or memory stick or what-nat...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forgotten-password-any-quick-fixes-or-just-reinstall.154684/
Relevancy 22.79%

i HAve server 2003. i have already installed sound driver in it. And I Already Started Windows Audio service From Service.msc.

Config :- Operating System: Windows server 2003 Standard
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 9789A13
BIOS: Lenovo BIOS Version: 51KT47A.ROM V4.7A
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3318MB RAM
Page File: 526MB used, 4684MB available

My Sound was working Earlier. but They instantly Stop working.....

Will You Plz HElp me with his TRouble shout...

SERVER 2003 Standard.

A:Sound not working on Server 2003

What make/model computer??

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-not-working-on-server-2003.154396/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm looking to learn more about being a network admin (as well as 30 other IT jobs at my current employer) and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction for Windows Server Edition 2003. I don't need to get the certificate, but a general understanding of the functions and such would be of great help. That is to say how to run a DHCP, DNS, Relays, the works.
With that I am looking to work on learning more about the most up to date Windows certification in regards to network administration (for a project in my free time.) I figure since I'm looking into CIS and Business for college I might as well get working on network adminship certification, start off on a good note, right?
Thanks for any help in advance. Such help includes the aforementioned requests or any number of quips and witty or sarcastic comments.
Thanks,

Stensland

A:Looking for a guide on network adminship for Windows Server 2003

Found some stuff from Microsoft by the name of "DreamSpark" which has a bunch of free programs for college students. It's a good few thousand dollars worth of stuff, just sign up with them through your college email. There are tutorials and all that as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-guide-on-network-adminship-for-windows-server-2003.154213/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have the Overscan/Underscan settings set to 0% on the Overscan side and every time I start up my computer I have to set it again. Any ideas why it won't save this setting?

A:Radeon HD 5870 won't save overscan settings

you're not alone

Have the same problem here with HD 5670. overscan issue doesnt appear until drivers and CCC are installed. then the settings arent retained after a reboot will keep looking and post back if i find anything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-5870-wont-save-overscan-settings.152502/
Relevancy 18.06%

I just reinstalled Windows XP professional (on my other computer), due to a viral disaster. I cannot access internet or email through that computer, but others using the router work fine. It says that the adapter card is working fine, but no IP address can be identified. I looked and found the driver installed, but could it be bad? The virus didn't impact the connection, but the re-install lost it. There is only the 1394.sys network connection. It lacks a "local area connection". I'll add more details as needed. Any suggestions? Thanks kindly. Let me know if I should be posting on a different forum.

Esoxfables

A:No Internet connection - "Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection"

Check device manager and see if there's a network adapter visible under Network Adapters, it may not have the driver installed for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection.152285/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,

I am currently trying to fix an Acer laptop for a friend of mine and from what I can tell it looks as if her laptop continues to reset itself back to its original settings. For example, the desktop background goes back to the slandered picture, desktop icons that were once there are gone and programs have to be reinstalled. Neither of us have an exact cause for this issue, except she did mention how she had a router problem within the last week, but I wouldn't see how that would constantly be affecting the laptop itself when the router has been fixed. Every day the computer resets itself and its becoming a frustrating task for her and she's just about given up on it.

Is there, perhaps, a control I could change? Could it be a possible virus or malware issue?

Please help, I'm becoming a little desperate for help myself.

Thank you,
Ashley

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-keeps-resetting-back-to-its-original-settings.152489/
Relevancy 22.79%

for some reason i am having sound issues inside games like team fortress wich are related to having set speaker settings to surround sound when using stero speakers im using head phones windows XP I try to change the settings to headphones but the problem persists here is what happens when i change the setting in lt windows gt control panel gt sound from to headphones then return to the menu it has change back from maybe settings, malware? will change audio OS not headphones to this problem started about days ago all i want is stereo sound I also suspect that the IDT audio OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware? program which is not starting on startup anymore may also be a problem but i can still run it from control panel its also possible that some options in the IDT program like quot headphone virtualization support quot which i cant remember if i changed recently are the problem I know very little about audio software i cant hear windows sounds either right now but i can hear most of a Cd i have in the Cd rom but it cuts out a bit just rebooted and there is not Audio at all windows can no longer see any audio devices on device manager MICROSOFT WINMM wdm audioo compatibility Driver is quot not working properly quot quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device quot did a system restore i have sound but not system sound will do the normal maintence and check back here to see if anyone has any suggestions nbsp

A:OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

See if this helps Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-will-not-change-audio-settings-maybe-malware.152368/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm debating wether or not I should buy the nvidia 9800gtx, can it run mw2 on high settings without sli and crysis? Well any new game on high without sli, or should I try to get a 9800 gx2. I'm on a budget though,, less then 200 dollars and I don't have room to sli, that's why I ask about gx2, can anyone help??

A:Can an Nvidia 9800 GTX run Crysis on the highest visual settings

When I first read the question, I thought you posted this 2 years ago.

For 200 dollars, you can get the latest released GTX460 768MB. Unless you're not talking about US dollars (if its not, pls tell us conversion rate).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-nvidia-9800-gtx-run-crysis-on-the-highest-visual-settings.150684/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone this is going to be my virgin post for the very first time so hopefully I m doing help FBS, settings? - BIOS fan, Overclock needed Q8200, this in the correct forum So my question is Overclock help needed - Q8200, fan, FBS, BIOS settings? rather simple really but any additional info you guys have could be helpful I ll state first that I m pretty new to overclocking I ve assembled this computer myself over a year ago closing on two years soon and I think back then I had overclocking in mind for Overclock help needed - Q8200, fan, FBS, BIOS settings? the future but it s been a bit long now and I ve lost my memory I think I might ve had some help when choosing parts however I did put the thing together myself Nervously I might add To put it short I have no idea what sort of a cooler fan I should be getting on this processor to make it stay cool and hopefully not too loud Also I m not sure if I need anything additional to make sure the OC is a good idea like perhaps an even juicier PSU or better RAM I ll also list my graphics card if that makes a difference I should note that I did infact try an OC I got up to GHz but with over degrees it soon become unstable in games and crashed so in fear of doing harm to it I reverted back untill I would get a new cooler I thought this forum has some great advice I could ask here You guys seem to know what you re talking about Here s the setup Mobo Asus P Q Processor Intel Core Quad Processor Q GHz MB S - Stock cooler PSU Xilence W ATX V V cm Fan REDWING Ram x GB MHZ DDR CL - - - Graphics card Palit GF GT PCI-E GB GDDR SUPER OS Running under Vista -bit Case Cm Centurion Silver So I need some help in choosing a new cooler Nothing too fancy though just something that works and is affordable I m not too techy so try to use simple terms so I can catch up I know I need to increase some Front Buffer Size in Bios but I ve read some other topics stating that s not the only thing I should fu about with if I am to OC this All help is greatly appreciated EDIT I suppose I should add why do I want to overclock it if it works because it s a good question I can run games fine now and it s been a great setup However now I ve found myself doing live streaming and encoding a live stream tends to eat up a lot of CPU I use only one computer to both play a game and stream it so all the extra juice is needed Usually depending on the game of course the CPU is at at all times nbsp

A:Overclock help needed - Q8200, fan, FBS, BIOS settings?

What's affordable, how much are you looking to spend?

For a cheaper cooler I really like the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. Another good one is the Cooler Master Hyper 212.

Something to keep in mind is that overclocking is not going to free up CPU cycles. It'll make things run faster but if an application is currently taking 100% of your CPU, overclocking is not going to clear that up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-help-needed-q8200-fan-fbs-bios-settings.150108/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am having a problem getting a netbook to connect to a wireless network The computer detects that the network is wireless no connectivity U100, MSI Wind in range typically bars and that it s unsecured when i try to connect it fails for some reason TCP IP settings are configured as automatic for now but no manual settings help the connection The wireless card is working fine but it should be connecting to this network automatically I m not sure why it s broken Computer is an MSI Wind U running XP Home Edition SP I ve reinstalled the Wireless Card driver a couple of times but that hasn t helped I m thinking about just doing a repair install but the computer doesn MSI Wind U100, no wireless connectivity t MSI Wind U100, no wireless connectivity have a CD DVD drive so I d like to avoid doing that with a USB flash drive I m running Virus scans now just in case but it looks like the settings for the wireless card are just messed up Here s what it reads when I run ipconfig all yes all other computers with wireless connections on the network work fine Windows IP Configuration Host Name msi-u Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description b g Mini Card Wireless Adapter Physical Address - - -B - -BE Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - -E - -CE Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip DisabledClick to expand Obviously the settings are incorrect but nothing I ve tried has worked so I m sort of at a loss I don t get any messages that detail why it s not connecting just that it cannot connect for reasons unknown So any help with this would be appreciated Thanks in advance for any information nbsp

A:MSI Wind U100, no wireless connectivity

You are going to continue to have difficulties without a CD ROM install disk. Have you tried migrating an entire install disk to your USB Flash Drive or asking the question on the MSI website ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-wind-u100-no-wireless-connectivity.149774/
Relevancy 15.91%

trying to set up an xbox live connection through a laptop with a mobile broadband usb dongle. I've set up the connection no problem, now i just need to set the MTU settings.

I'm doing this through command prompt with the command "netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1364 store=persistent"

and it came back with the message "the requested operation requires elevation <run as administrator>"

this doesn't make sense as I am logged in with the ONLY user account, and i checked the account settings, and it is definitely the admin account (it would have to be, as it is the only account on the laptop)

i dont understand the problem

can anyone help?

thanks in advance for your time

A:Trying to set MTU settings - it says "run as administrator" - I AM administrator

I could be wrong, but do you not need to elevate to admin to do that command in cmd?

I didnt think it ran as admin all the time, but I'm more of a linux person...

This might be of help... http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/run-cmd-as-administrator

It looks like you could shortcut cmd.exe to the desktop and in properties select to run as administrator...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-set-mtu-settings-it-says-run-as-administrator-i-am-administrator.147664/
Relevancy 23.22%

I IP and settings Router address cant access my router settings to change my IP address I have a Sky router every time I put in my router settings this Bing thing kicks in bloody MS and I cant get to see what they are I really dont want to Router settings and IP address phone Sky they take forever and I m not sure they know what they are doing Is there anyway to bypass this bing rubbish or disable it I am Router settings and IP address running XP pro on my PC OS I installed a program hide my IP and I have unistalled it but I think I am going through a proxy server as when I try to find my IP address I m in Russia somewhere some pages are blocked some are in Russian Sometimes it comes up with cannot connect to page I check the connections they are fine I think I cant find any way of turning this proxy server off there is nothing in any of my programs if there is anything in Tools I dont know what to look for I cant do a system restore I really need some help here please I hope this topic is in the right place for this problem nbsp

A:Router settings and IP address

Really need MFG/Model number of the modem AND the router (if you have separate devices),

but, get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enter ipconfig /all
the gateway address will be the IP address of the router.

launch your browser and enter http:// followed by the gateway address followed by a / (slash)

you should get the router login screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-settings-and-ip-address.147508/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi guys,

in my network, i have two windows 2003 server. in the event viewer it is showing ntds replication error. when i tried nslookup it is showing the error
"can't find server name for address 192.168.0.1.non-existent domain."

192.168.0.1 is my dc and dns server.

any help will be greatly appreciated..

thanks

A:DNS problem in Windows Server 2003

hmm; better check that address. x.y.z.1 is usually the router address, or
if your server is between the ISP and your clients:
Code:
modem----win2k----one.client
then it is the address of the second NIC (which should work)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-in-windows-server-2003.146076/
Relevancy 24.94%

System crashed, and had to reinstall operating system, and now the audio is not being recognized, when before there was not a problem with it, any ideals as to the why and how to fix this problem, so I can have my audio sound back,

I am on a laptop Dell

windows XP professional 2002 service pack 3

A:Need help please, did a reinstall, system crashed, and now its not recongnizing,

Hi there, after you installed the fresh copy of windows did you install the audio drivers? Also what model laptop is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-please-did-a-reinstall-system-crashed-and-now-its-not-recongnizing.145797/
Relevancy 24.94%

hi all, i firstly are pretty new to computers!, but recently i reinstalled xp home edition, but on completion i found in device manager some features had ? in yellow, sm bus controller, unknown device,video controller, video controller (vga compatable), & my pc is not running correctly at all i think due to these missing drivers?! can anyone please shed some light where i have gone wrong? thank you

A:Recent reinstall lost drivers help

Reinstalling Windows will require the installation of those drivers. You didn't do anything wrong. It just is. Go to the PC manufacturer's (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.) for most of those drivers if you don't have a driver CD. If the PC is self built or custom built, then go to the motherboard maker's website for those drivers. Go to the graphics card maker's website for graphics drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recent-reinstall-lost-drivers-help.145645/
Relevancy 22.79%

when i turn off my pc without unplugging it everything works fine, but when the computer has been unplugged it asks me to re do all of my bios settings, could this be because of my motherboard or maybe an Bios Update?, Please help...

A:PC restarts BIOS settings when unplugged

Try replacing the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It will be a flat coin-like battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-bios-settings-when-unplugged.144142/
Relevancy 24.94%

I know that there are lots of posts on this, but none have helped.

The computer says that everything is working fine, but there is no sound from either the headphone jack or the speakers.

Recently reinstalled windows xp.

Dell Dimension 4600

From the dell site I have reinstalled the drivers for chipset, bios, and audio. Nothing has worked. There are no conflicts that can be seen. Nothing is on mute.

there are 2 audio drivers that I installed:

SoundMax Integrated Audio
Creative Labs

I think that Soundmax is the main one, but neither of them is producing sound.

I have followed all directions from

the website computerhope issues ch000208.htm

with no luck.

A:Lost sound after reinstall of windows xp

See if Windows reports any problem devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Generate a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-sound-after-reinstall-of-windows-xp.143610/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have Dell Dimension 5100c which was given to me that was running fine. I wanted to start fresh, so I booted from the Dell XP CD and removed all the partitions, then created one large partion on the 80Mb Maxtor drive.
Now the new partition cannot be successfully formated. I'm running the latest Dell Bios for this platform. Any ideas?

A:Cannot format partitions during XP reinstall

Hi

80MB ?????

if you meant 80GB thats ok, if your having trouble doing anything with a drive download the tools from the maker and check the drive for errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-format-partitions-during-xp-reinstall.142624/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an older Toshiba Satalite 2405-S201 that lost its hard drive. I bought a used (scrubbed) hard drive. I can't get the thing to boot from the CD. It will boot from a flopy, but when I try and register windows, I can't get the keyboard to work right. When I first boot, in sort of dos mode I guess, the keyboard inputs fine. But when I try and use the windows install CD, I can't get any numbers. Not cool. Any ideas? I don't have the original CDs that came with the laptop . . .

thanks

Paul

A:Can't reinstall windows on Toshiba Satalite

you should be able to boot from a CD. if not you have some serious hardware issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-reinstall-windows-on-toshiba-satalite.141240/
Relevancy 23.22%

what does it mean when in the bios, it lists the primary ide master as "not detected"...........is this why I can't get windows xp to boot up after diassembling everything and installing it into another case?.......yet when i go into other areas of the bios, listing components, it shows my WD hard drive.....is there something for me to set on this ?............

A:BIOS settings question

yes, the primary hd needs to be detected in order for your OS to boot. make sure the hard drive is connected to the right header and make sure the boot order sequence is correct. you can also try setting the jumper on the hard drive to master.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-settings-question.139599/
Relevancy 24.94%

replaced a fried asus mb with intel d865glc, for winxp pro, surprise, surprise almost everything came back up cept the soundmax, got the new soundmax setup from intel, before to reinstall or install, need to uninstall old asus based version, but when i go to uninstall get these funky messages, see attachments
tried to just run the reinstall anyway but that errored out
googled to death, not seeing anything, anybody got any suggestions

A:Can't uninstall sound max so i can reinstall

Uninstall it in SAFE MODE.
You get to SAFE MODE by pressing the F8 key repeatedly when you first press the <ON> button... then let it fully settle down, then scroll to the top of the page to access Windows then use Add and Remove in the Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-uninstall-sound-max-so-i-can-reinstall.139493/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello there! I wanted to ask a question.

Can the PC Speakers be damaged by increasing the Sample Rate and Bit Depth of the sound output?

My speakers are very old(~10 years or so) and my PC is quite new, and a friend of mine set the audio format to 24bit/192.000 Hz and the speakers stopped responding.
I have an on-board sound card (Realtec HD audio on Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P model). My speakers have not had any problems at all for the past 10 years, and just stopped working after setting the settings to that (24bit/192kHz)

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

PS: If you can scientifically support your opinion, it would be even greater, as I'm still arguing with my friend, but my field of expertice has nothing to do with computers or electronics

Thanks again for your time,
Regards,
Morkai

A:Can the Speakers be damaged from modifying the sound output settings?

The can be damaged if you "modify" by turning up the volume to excessive output... Many speakers will burn out very quickly.
But what you describe as modifying the Sample Rate and Bit Depth won't damage the speakers... But can sometimes damage some of the other sound electronics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-the-speakers-be-damaged-from-modifying-the-sound-output-settings.139228/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 25.37%

ihave an error 800b0100error cant get in keeps restarting
any suggest have tried shift f10typecd\windows\system32\catroot2 hit enterthen restart dont wrk

A:Cant finish reinstall

Old, old, old error going back five years to W2K and WXP Sp1... Plenty of stuff available in a Gurgle search, but not much of it is helpful.

The best shortcut is to reinstall Windows. Next best is to install Windows in Repair Mode... using R, not Repair Console.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-finish-reinstall.135672/
Relevancy 22.36%

hey
i just did a clean xp install
everything seemed to go as normal
now i have a black screen with a square bouncing around telling me not optimum mode:
recommended mode 1280*1040
with a smaller yellow box with a question ? mark in it

the monitor is a samsung gh17ls

tried pushing auto nothing...

has nvidia card

tried both board and card video same thing

tried removing cmos batt hoping something would come up

new Hitachi drive

tried every key to say yes

tried to reinstall OS again its like its stuck waiting for an answer

but i dont know which key does it

this all happened after successful install
and upon reboot

now when i turn machine on/off it doesn't go trough a bios boot up
just that stupid bouncing, menacing square

help oh great and wise ones
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-video-settings-wrong.135471/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am running a Vista laptop and have plugged in a standard microphone for recording a demo video. Is there any way to tweak the bass and treble values to make my voice sound a little better? I went to the sound card settings and they have selections for volume for the microphone, but that is about it. I am wondering if there are other places to tweak the recording sound. Thanks.

A:Tweaking microphone recording settings

hi

some types of sound card have an item in the control panel..most dont..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tweaking-microphone-recording-settings.135047/
Relevancy 22.36%

Its plain and simple. How do i disable ALL java security exeptions on my motorolla k1 cell phone?

Im trying to use BTdiscover to hack my girlfriends phone and download all her sms into my cell phone but the java security exeption will not let me wrote on my phones MMC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/java-settings-bothering-me-on-my-cell-phone.134856/
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/