Windows Support Forum

How to permanently disable graphics card

Q: How to permanently disable graphics card

My laptop supports two graphics card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and after a while the AMD got corrupted(I already updated it but I think it's hardware problem) and causes blue screen so I disabled it in safe mode(because it uses the intel one).

I tried a clean install of Windows 7 and during installation AMD causes blue screen because it gets enabled.

And now I want to try a clean install of the Windows 10. Question is, is there anyway I could disable the graphics card permanently?

I use a 64-bit Sony Vaio Laptop VPCSB26FG with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS. Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to permanently disable graphics card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to permanently disable graphics card

The simple solution is to remove the failing card :grin:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-permanently-disable-graphics-card.217519/
Relevancy 69.66%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281312-i-just-installed-new-graphics-card-must-i-disable-old-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-intel-hd-graphics-to-install-pci-e-graphics-card.942178/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, I disabled my integrated graphics card from BIOS by mistake i dont know what i was thinking and now when i open my laptop the screen doesnot view any thing only black screen i searched google and viewed some videos but found no clue even tried to remove the cmos battery to reset the BIOS to default but it didn't, i hope to find a solution here. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-disable-integrated-graphics-card/td-p/3349856
Relevancy 64.93%

I have recently upgraded my graphics card but the old SiS graphics card is causing interference but i don't know how to disable it. i do not know the chipset but the motherboard is manufactured by Elitegroup and its model is KS7OM. Thanks.

A:I need advice on how to disable a sis graphics card.

first, what do you mean when you said UPGRADED my video card??are you talking about onboard video adapter,an older card,or 2 cards on one system.
most likely i think you are referring to onboard chipset-usually there are 2 option to disable an onboard vga card.either you can check the bios and disable it from there depending on which bios you have the second is to change the jumper on your mobo if the option is present to disable it from your mobo.you might want to try googling a bit to find out about your mobo.to find out which mobo you have first you'll need to find out which chipset you have intel,via???? then download a utility which will help you check your mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-on-how-to-disable-a-sis-graphics-card.18372/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I need to disable my onboard video card through BIOS, to install my new graphics card. How would I go along doing so?

A:How do I disable my graphics card through BIOS

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You could try reading your mobo manual.

If you don`t have one you may be able to download one from your mobo manufacturers web site.

Failing that during bootup try pressing either the F2 or delete keys to get into bios.

Then just search around to find your onboard graphics disable it then save and exit.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-disable-my-graphics-card-through-bios.20114/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello! How to disable integrated graphics card (AMD Radeon R7) on Y700 acz. I think some old game engined (Word of Warcraft) does not support the crossfire technology, but the primary card is R7 in Radeon settings and i can't change.I can disable in the BIOS just dedicated card (R9 M385). Any ideas?Sorry for English.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-acz-disable-integrated-graphics-card/td-p/3371378
Relevancy 64.5%

hey everyone

my sisters emachine of 3 yrs of age has finally had its first problem, the onboard
video card seems to have failed, in an attempt i bought a cheap graphics card
hoping to resolve the problem, a"256MB AGP Geforce Fx5200", ive been told that i need to disable the onboard graphics card first, before the other card can take over, but the whole reason why i even bought the card, was because i cant see her monitor, so there is no way i can change the settings, i am not new to computers, but i am very new to this problem, any info or suggestions as to what i can do to fix the problemswould be very much appreciated, thnx

A:No monitor, How do i disable onboard graphics card

Disable the Onboard Grapphix in DEVICE MANAGER. Install your new card. Install the drivers. Be sure to hook the VGA cable up to the correct outlet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-how-do-i-disable-onboard-graphics-card.65470/
Relevancy 64.5%

Is it safe to disable the built in graphics card in my Dell laptop?

The reason i want to do this is to figure out where a noise is coming from.

Thanks

fsuk

Relevancy 63.64%

i own a Lenovo Z750 and it has 2 graphics card the intel integrated card and a nvidia geforce 520m
i downloaded aion online and you have to launch it from the NC launcher so .... it doesn't have an .exe file so the normal right click and choose the graphics card won't work so i went to bios to disable the inter card but i only found two options

♦the optimus
and
♦ uma only

please help me ..

A:no option in BIOS to Disable integrated graphics card.

Hi,

Have you looked in Device Manager under Display Adapters?

Navigate to: Start>Computer>System Properties>Device Manager

Expand display adapter and right click the correct GPU and disable.

Hope this helps

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/298049-no-option-bios-disable-integrated-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hey guys sorry about the enable it when cannot device but works Graphics card this - start disable problem and goofy title I was trying to get as much in as possible I have recently Graphics card problem - cannot start this device but when disable and enable it works built a custom system for music storage gaming and word processing I have been having tons of problems with this system One of my ram sticks was bad after I tried different xp install disks I figured it was a hardware problem my netgear card isn t working or is just a P O S and now my graphics card is giving me headaches The graphics card I am running is a EVGA gs mb - PCI express it was a good deal at the time When I boot up the computer and enter windows the graphics card doesn t work and I am running off the Graphics card problem - cannot start this device but when disable and enable it works stock drivers from XP If I go to the device manager I get a quot Device cannot start code quot message After uninstalling and installing the drivers various times and updating the drivers with new releases from Nvidia its still not working properly It will work right after I install the drivers for it but if I restart my computer it won t work again I figured out that if I restart my computer and go to device manager and click quot disable quot and the click quot enable quot the graphics card works fine but won t allow me to adjust any settings for a few minutes or until after I run a game like Metal of Honor or Battlefield Does anybody know what gives mikeym nbsp

A:Graphics card problem - cannot start this device but when disable and enable it works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-problem-cannot-start-this-device-but-when-disable-and-enable-it-works.597443/
Relevancy 62.35%

According to the owners manual the first few lines of addon on integrated Vostro No to using PCIe 270S disable graphics way card when the BIOS System Setup section indicates that No way to disable integrated graphics on Vostro 270S when using PCIe addon card the No way to disable integrated graphics on Vostro 270S when using PCIe addon card amount of memory dedicated to the integrated graphics and the ability to enable or disable it are options in the BIOS nbsp The BOOT method is Legacy instead of UEFI the BIOS has been reset default options loaded etc and no where are the specified options visible nbsp BIOS is version A which I believe was the version that it was shipped with and the latest nbsp This is not a huge issue but the fact that the option is missing from BIOS and needlessly using a bit of RAM is enough to see if anybody is aware of an issue nbsp I haven t contact support yet as I just got the box yesterday as a replacement machine at work nbsp I have already torn the thing apart looking for the old school jumper method of turning off the integrated graphics with no luck there either

A:No way to disable integrated graphics on Vostro 270S when using PCIe addon card

Just a bit more information.  The add-on card is a NVidia NVS280 or NVS285 LP with pigtails to dual VGA.  With monitors hooked up to that card it has worked perfectly fine so far.  I haven't tried one monitor on the integrated card and the other on the card to verify both are still working, but the Intel integrated graphics still shows up in device manager and is using system memory.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19489217
Relevancy 60.2%

The problem is, every time I turn on my computer, I have to go into Task Manager to end about FIFTY processes I don't want being run.
How do I make it so that those processes won't get activated when the computer is turned on so that I don't have to keep doing that every single time.

A:How do you disable processes permanently?

After going through this myself, from WIn98 thru WinXP Pro, and trying all the recommendations recieved, the only one I have found that works is a nice little program called winpatrol www.winpatrol.com
It will allow you to stop any operation from loading, tell you all you want to know about the programs loading and running on your system, and keep track of anything trying to install or load onto your system. The freeby is nice, however I recommend that you pay the small fee and get the full program. Read the help file, and start stopping all that resource drain I'm sure you have.
Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-disable-processes-permanently.248012/
Relevancy 60.2%

Everytime I accidentally press FN+Left mouse, I enable tap-to-click (which I want to have off). I can disable the function with the same combination, but I'd like to find out a way to permantently disable tap-to-click. Is this possible?

I have Win 8 Pro now, but Vista and Win 7 behaved the same way, so I reckon it should be a Windows thing...

A:Disable a FN-key combination permanently?

Doesn't work for me, so maybe not a windows thing.

laptop mice have the generic windows settings as well as settings by the maker; have you checked both?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21190-disable-fn-key-combination-permanently.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This is how to permanently disable Cortana, first start into safe mode and navigate to C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy you will need to Take Ownership of the Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy folder and then delete the file SearchUI.exe. If anyone knows how to remover it from the start menu it would be much appreciated.

Regards

A:This is How to permanently Disable Cortana

To turn Cortana off in the Start Menu:
Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the "hamburger" icon in the left sidebar and choose "Settings". From there, you can turn off Cortana.
Permanately Disable Cortana Without using safe mode:
Install Unlocker 1.92
Navigate to the following folder: "C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy"
Right click "SearchUI.exe" and select "Unlocker"
Under the action menu, select "Rename"
Give it a new name such as "Disabled.SearchUI.exe"
Click OK.

To clear Cortana from the PC memory, either reboot or open task manager and kill Cortana.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/14300-how-permanently-disable-cortana.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I've just joined this forum so that I disable permanently Cannot proxy can gather information about my current problem As the title says I cannot disable proxy permanently I go to Control Panel gt Network and Internet gt Internet options gt Connections gt LAN and I see what the image displays here Nothing special so far I untick Use a proxy server for your LAN Click Ok and I quit Control Panel If I visit the same panel minutes later this option is enabled again And because of this I cannot disable proxy on Google Chrome either I've tried many things to solve this problem For example I went to Advanced and deleted everything there I clicked OK then an error message popped up saying Do you want to turn off proxy connection I click yes- I go back sec later and it's enabled again I even tried some tricks in registry Still nothing I want to disable it permanenty as it's my Cannot disable proxy permanently private computer using proxy isn't useful for me Any ideas Why does it always come back By the way I use WiFi connection

A:Cannot disable proxy permanently

Hello and welcome to SevenForums,

Type in the Search Bar of your browser "about:config",

search for this option "network.proxy.type",

change the value to 0

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338228-cannot-disable-proxy-permanently.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hi, I have a problem with my webcam on a acer 3935 with win7 x64.

The webcam is broken and i really dont care, but it keeps switching in and out all the time, and it makes me crazy! A massage in the systemtray pops up saying "unknown device" and if I go to device manager I can see it swiching on and off all along.

I tryed disable and uninstall in devicemanager, but it is reinstalls automaticly at restart.

Is there any way to uninstall it permanently or do I have to physicaly remove it (because thats a problem)?

A:Disable webcam permanently

Hrmm..
You have "tried" to disable it in device manager and what happens?
Because that's your best bet in disabling it..
Dont uninstall it, or yet it will try to reinstall the drivers everytime you do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271274-disable-webcam-permanently.html
Relevancy 60.2%

BITS [ Background Intelligent Transfer Service ]

when I turn it off , it gets back on after a time , I make it Manual as some people advise , doesn't work ..

what can i do to get rid of this service ?

note \ this happens on all PCs i use ..
my system is win8 .

A:how to permanently disable BITS ?

just curious as to why? I've done a bit of Googling and it says that BITS is used, at least partially for Windows Updates, so IF you're able to disable it...you probably won't be able to do Windows Updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-permanently-disable-bits-691411.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, I know that ctfmon.exe isn't actually malware, but I don't use / need it and it's taking up some of my system's resources. If I disable it in msconfig, it turns itself back on. If I disable it in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, it turns itself back on. If I delete the file, it replaces itself. I've Googled it and haven't been able to find a solution that works on my computer. I'm running Windows XP, if that helps. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Eryk

A:How can I permanently disable ctfmon.exe?

this might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=282599

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-permanently-disable-ctfmon-exe.612176/
Relevancy 60.2%

I How Permanently to Cortana? Disable have a Toshiba -bit laptop running Windows Home Some time ago I spent DAYS getting Cortana disabled and turned off on my laptop And now after this last update MS in it's infinite stupidity has turned it back on I've looked at instructions on the internet on how to do disable it and they say to click How to Disable Permanently Cortana? on an icon on the taskbar That doesn't exist on my computer I went into Settings and turned everything I could find pertaining to Cortana OFF but it is still running in the Task Manager and of course when I turn it off there it starts right back up again How to Disable Permanently Cortana? I bought and paid for this computer and I wish MS would stop acting like it belongs to them and stop fixing things that aren't broken And this follows right on the heels of MS updating my email account without notifying me and as a result lost about of my emails with no way to retrieve them I am not a happy camper Please do not give me Techie directions on how to do this I'm not a Techie I need simple instructions Actually what I need is for MS to stop screwing with my computer You cannot imagine how aggravating it is to spend more time fixing MS problems than problems with all other applications combined Thank you for any help you can give me

A:How to Disable Permanently Cortana?

Hi, the Tutorial section is worth getting to know. It is full of detailed guides. This may help
Cortana - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

However, it's really simple if you never want to see Cortana:
Rt click the taskbar.
Click on Cortana
Click Hidden

Now you should never be aware of it, other perhaps than a start menu entry.
I never normally use it.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/66452-how-disable-permanently-cortana.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi guys,

I have protected my pc at work and locked it down so that no employee can access windows 8. Only problem is that yesterday I accidently pressed reset button midway whilst windows was loading and it brought up the safe mode screen. Since I have a full backup image of my drive, I can always reload my preferred setup whenever I want via usb install, so I don't want windows to run into safe mode at all - EVEN IF IT MEANS I COULD LOSE DATA!

My question is How can I disable this safemode feature from starting at all if windows crashes?

Thank You

A:How do i permanently disable safe mode?

If your system as good secure password, they are no need to do it, aside if someone have physical access to your PC, you can't stop them to simply reset your password with tools very easy to find on Google, so the physical access is something you have to considerate too. Lock the door, disable booting from a USB stick ( make sure to password the BIOS) Remove the DVD

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12766-how-do-i-permanently-disable-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I use Macrium Reflect for image backup and want to permanently disable system protection. I have used the control panel to turn off system protection several times now but have noticed that for some reason periodically it gets turned back on. I have turned it off and then did a restart and it was still off but then several days later I checked and it was back on so I'm not completely sure what is triggering it to turn back on. Is there any way to turn it off so it doesn't come back on by itself?

A:How to permanently disable system protection?

Run CMD as admin and enter (not sure, if it is permanent though):

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore\SR" /Disable

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34987-how-permanently-disable-system-protection.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I had HP Laptop with Windows 8.1
I had disable from task bar property likes blow
But some times when I move my finger right to left on touch pad then Corner navigate opens likes blow
I want to presently Disable Hot Corners in Windows 8.1
What can I do.

A:Permanently How to Disable Hot Corners in Windows 8.1

Hello Prashantkg,

The tutorials below may be able to help for this.

Touchpad Edge Swipes - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Charms Bar Hint - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Switcher - Enable or Disable Top Left Corner in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/65076-permanently-how-disable-hot-corners-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hello. i have a lenovo laptop in one place, so I use external monitor. is there any way ,when my child tries to unplug the external monitor, the laptop screen not to work? i want to disable permanently the laptop screen. thanks

A:how to disable laptop monitor permanently

Get an external usb/wireless keyboard and/or mouse, possibly with styling favored by children. Then, the lid/display can remain down throughout the computer session.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218179-how-disable-laptop-monitor-permanently.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Zone Alarm Pro installed also a Router firewall.

Every-time i reboot i have to go into settings and turn off the Windows Firewall...if i don't i have connection problems.

I can't seem to disable it permanently...it enables itself every re-boot...is there another setting somewhere...searched all over and all i can find is how to enable it.

Before i reformatted...I'm sure Zone Alarm used to turn the windows firewall off automatically...can't seem to find how to set it up again.

Relevancy 59.77%

hi.. i m using MBAM realtime.. it has an option called ip protection.. i want to disable it or if there is any way dat i disable popup for ip scanner..

actually problem is dat i m used to utorrent. and wen i download anything from utorrent MBAM continously shows ip blocking popup...

dat popup annoying me ..i unselect it by right click on MBAM taskbar icon but wen i rebooted my pc it comes as enabled.. plz sort out dis problem...

A:Want to permanently disable ip protection in MBAM

IP Protection Module

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/60483-want-permanently-disable-ip-protection-mbam.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I know how to disable the Pinch zoom feature but it comes back next computing session, is there a way to permanently disable please?  Any help is always appreciated. BD

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How to disable Pinch Zoom permanently please

Hi, Try the following. Hold down the Windows key and press R Into the Run box type regedit and hit enter In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install Inside, look for a key named DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade If this is present, right click the key and select Modify Set the Value data field to 0 ( Zero ) and then click Ok. Close the Registry Editor. Make the Synaptics setting changes you require in the usual way and save them, then check if they're now retained after a reboot. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-disable-Pinch-Zoom-permanently-please/td-p/5483415
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm on build 10074 of Windows 10 and cannot find a way to permanently disable Windows Defender. When I go to Control Panel > Windows Defender > Settings, it brings up the new Windows 10 System Settings app which gives an option to turn "Real-time protection" off. However, the description on that states:

Real-tim protection helps find and stop malware form installing or running on your PC. You can turn it off temporarily, but if it's off for a while, we'll turn it back on automatically.

After about 15 minutes, it turns itself back on. How can I disable this permanently?

Thanks

A:Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Hello LostLogic, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/5879-permanently-disable-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I want to disable the autorun for the windows sidebar. If I uncheck the box for it in 'msconfig' and reboot the pc it works fine. But whenever I start the sidebar, the box in 'msconfig' is checked again. Is there a way to start sidebar without enabling the autorun for it automatically?

Thanks, gorgos

A:Disable autorun for sidebar.exe permanently

you want to disable the autorun?
and yet you want to start it on your own/manually? is that it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89393-disable-autorun-sidebar-exe-permanently.html
Relevancy 59.77%

NO security updates for IE8 in a YEAR - a person would have to be crazy to connect it to the internet.A huge security flaw in Windows was announced months ago, dating back to 2000, with CRITICAL fixes released - just not for Windows XP or Server 2003. Add an unpatched IE8 to that - watch out.Simply uninstalling IE8 will not do, that leaves the even less secure IE6 included in Windows XP SP3 still in place.message edited by MacGruber

A:How to permanently disable Internet Explorer in XP?

A person would have to be crazy to connect any XP system to the Internet. Unfortunately, there are plenty of crazy people.message edited by ijack

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-to-permanently-disable-internet-explorer-in-xp/39988.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have tried all examples given in previous forums, but under Windows 10, the options under "Mouse" are not the same.  I want to Permanently disable the touchpad.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I permanently disable my G62 touchpad in Windows 10

Again, thanks!  But that window still does not open, and I do not have a ClickPad option.  My G2 laptop is apparently too old and too cranky to ever work.  Thanks again, but I am throwing in the towel and never buying an HP laptop again.  I do hover love my HP printers. I am now closing this subject!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-permanently-disable-my-G62-touchpad-in-Windows-10/td-p/5588213
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having problems with my windows 8 users accidentally turning on the magnifier (accessibility options).  The manager is getting a little peeved because it is disrupting the traders and causes them to have to divert their attention to fixing the
problems in lieu of managing the floor.  I assume that there is a registrty entry for it but I am unable to find it. 

Thank you

A:How do I disable the magnifier permanently in Windows 8

Hi,

Go to control Panel\Ease of Access Center, click ?Make the computer easier to see?, uncheck ?Turn on Magnifier?, save and reboot.

Some similar thread you can refer:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-do-i-disable-the-windows-7-magnifier/409861dd-c0c5-4d64-aaec-fb42f23647b7
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-disable-or-delete-windows-7-magnifier/6a4eb527-42ae-4878-ae4c-443667fac8b0Leo Huang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cd11ba0-951d-42de-86b1-e11a2b79e381/how-do-i-disable-the-magnifier-permanently-in-windows-8?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

Just bought the HP Spectre x360 13-4195dx (13" convertible Laptop), and have updated the BIOS and windows 10. I always disable the "tap to click" feature of the laptop, but everytime i  restart the laptop, the tap to click reenables itself. I've tried to create a profile in the synaptics settings but that doesnt work either. Has anyone figured out how to permanently disable this feature? Thanks for your help.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How to Permanently Disable "Tap To Click" on Synaptics Touch...

I've found it!!! For any one looking for a solution to permanently disable the synaptics tap to click.... go to windows registry (search for regedit)expand "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"expand "SOFTWARE"expand "SYNAPTICS"expand "SynTP"Click on "Install"Under "Install" double click on "DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade" and change the value data from "1" to "0"this will make it so that when u restart your HP, your tap to click stays disabled. Becareful with the windows registry, if you dont know what your doing and you start to change values on things you shouldnt it can adversely affect your system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-Permanently-Disable-quot-Tap-To-Click-quot-on/td-p/5649337
Relevancy 58.91%

Why because my Samsung ATIV Book plus screen has a slight crack I mean barely noticable but it totally wrecked the touch screen as in it starts to freak out little circles come up on it as if it is being touched and so it seems when I disable the touch screen that does not happen But when I restart the permanently touch my would screen disable laptop like I to computer it I would like to permanently disable my laptop touch screen enables itself Also sometimes it enables itself in the middle of the computer being I would like to permanently disable my laptop touch screen on I have gone to the Human Interface Devices and even clicked on the uninstall of the touch screen but it installs itself right back in minutes I can disable it then if I restart it is enabled again And it can mess with things when it is enabled as it starts flipping out So I want to be able to have it permanently disabled somehow Is that a possibility and it is incredible if it is not I do not want to spend for a new laptop screen The crack is barely visible actually but it is there from top to the bottom of the screen but barely visible Lara

A:I would like to permanently disable my laptop touch screen

Using Autoruns, you have to hunt down all the EXEs, DLLs, etc etc etc that involve the touchscreen operations, and disable said files. I did that for my extra antivirus program [now mummified] -- and it has not come back to life since then.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66448-i-would-like-permanently-disable-my-laptop-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 58.91%

How do I PERMANENTLY disable touch pad on laptop????I KNOW how to disable but every time I restart computer - thereit is ON AGAIN.... hp pavilion dv7 6c27cl.Win 7 64 bit. I cant believe I'm going to have to download some software or drives to fix this. very frustrating. Thank you for any help!!!Kim  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I PERMANENTLY Disable TOUCH PAD on Laptop? Windows7 6...

Hi Kim, See details regarding this under the sub-heading 'Disable the ClckPad' on the document linked to below. Configuring The ClickPad. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-PERMANENTLY-Disable-TOUCH-PAD-on-Laptop-Windows7-64/td-p/1332499
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello!I would like to install latest Catalyst drivers for Win7 but the problem is that I would have to disable driver signature enforcement on every reboot in order for the driver to work..Is there a way to permanently disable driver signature enforcement ?

A:Permanently disable driver signature enforcement on Win 7 x64

Ati Tray Tools doesn't have a signed driver since its a community application with no $$$ to spare for certification program

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b6eee60-855d-47cc-9927-acae3fb6f971/permanently-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-on-win-7-x64?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 58.91%

I just got a notification from both Windows Defender and Bitdefender that some malware has been found on my 'puter. But I disabled WD when I installed BD. Evidently, Microsoft corporation, in its infinite wisdom, has taken it upon itself to go ahead and reactivate WD without my knowledge or consent. Will WD interfere with BD if I'm running them at the same time? If so, how can I disable WD permanently? 

TIA for any help you can give. 

A:Why the hell is Windows Defender on and how can I permanently disable it?

Moved to AV & AM Software from WIN 10

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605151/why-the-hell-is-windows-defender-on-and-how-can-i-permanently-disable-it/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I loathe the inbuilt Windows Volume Mixer - no loathe is too polite a word There is no rhyme or reason to this beast regardless of settings volume changes without whim hijacked by other programs or some inscrutable whim of Windows Disable the various reduction in background sounds and set them to do nothing That s not enough because the mixer will refuse to let Mixer Completely disable Windows and permanently you play things through headphones even when they are in detected and were working fine moments before - restart and sometimes they work sometimes they don t Luck-based computing Completely and permanently disable Windows Mixer The wave of the future I have tried everything I can possibly think of from disabling sound options or trying different figurations disabling and or reinstalling sound control devices and updating the drivers fooling around with local settings in each individual program And still Windows Mixer randomly overwrites them Searching for the topic on google has repeatedly indicated I am not the only one with this problem but I have yet to see any active solution - so I am asking begging actually for a way to completely disable Mixer I am sick and tired of working at my computer while listening to music then slowly realizing in horror that it has stopped playing in my headphones and is now playing through my speakers trying to talk through Steam and having a - chance of getting through and having to uninstall sound controllers and restart every time I use skype because it seems to reset all default mixer options Please I realize this isn t a blue screen of death or other thing at the top of the triage list but I feel it is a problem both myself and others would love to see fixed Please give me advice on how to completely uninstall windows mixer - I d be highly grateful Thanks Anathema

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427191/completely-and-permanently-disable-windows-mixer/
Relevancy 58.91%

Does anyone know how to PERMANENTLY disabled driver signature enforcement in Windows
8.1?
I have an old piece of hardware that will never have signed drivers for 8.1.  The driver installs and works just fine.  I tested by going to advanced startup options, and choosing "7) Disable driver signature enforcement".  The driver
installs and works fine for one session.  After reboot, the driver refuses to load because it isn't signed.

I have also tried:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKSbcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ONDisabled UEFI Secure Boot (in system BIOS)
The unsigned driver still fails to load after a reboot.
Please help, this is driving me bonkers!

-Jon

A:Permanently disable driver signature enforcement on Win 8.1 x64

Since a patch for Vista RTM, the option to PERMANENTLY disabled driver signature enforcement is removed. There are tools outside to workarond it:

http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo
http://uhlik.sk/?page=swreadydriver

But I have no idea if they still work in Win8.x"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ee77513-95ce-4f26-aa2e-e15615422a74/permanently-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-on-win-81-x64?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi EvryOne,
Today i thought i'd share a way to permanently disable the annoying Driver Signature Enforcement in
Windows 8 / 8.1 - for the sake of bearing with a small watermark in the corner.

1.Open up Command Prompt as an admin.

2.Type these lines => One By One and press enter accordingly.
----> bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
----> bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

3.Plz note Once Again that this will show a watermark on the bottom right corner of your screen.
?Test Mode Windows 8.1 Build 9600" Watermark - Remove

A:Permanently Disable Driver Signing in Windows 8 / 8.1!!!!

This didn't work for me. It is as though Microsoft has released an update to prevent this workaround. I have Windows 8.1 Pro. I have the watermark but the driver only loads if I go through the proper temporary process. After a reboot the driver isn't loading.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46776-permanently-disable-driver-signing-windows-8-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All,

I like to know how to disable the automatic updates in my computer permanently..
When i start my computer, automatic updates is getting enabled automatically and i have to manually disable the automatic updates..
Kindly tell me a way to turn off permanently..

Regards
WInston

A:[SOLVED] How to disable the automatic updates permanently

Hey Winston,

The way i did this is to Turn Off Automatic updates in the control panel, then disable the update service:
- Start by opening the Control panel
> Click "Automatic Updates"
> Ensure it's set to "Turn Off Automatic Updates"
> Click OK
- Now Click Start->Run
> Type "services.msc", press enter.
> Find the "Automatic Updates" item(service)
-> Right click it->Click Properties
-> Change the "Startup Type" Dropdown to "Disabled"
(This next bit is optional but i did it aswell)
> Find the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service"//"BITS"
->Right click it->Click Properties
-> Change the "Startup Type" Dropdown to "Manual"
(Manual because i couldn't work out what else was using BITS[other that Automatic updates], and if there is something that depends on the service it can still be started just by starting the service)

Anyway, then if you want to update you simply change both to "manual" and start them then update.

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-disable-the-automatic-updates-permanently-281407.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I use Yahoo frequently by using a shortcut. It's a great website, but I don't want the clutter of the toolbar.
Every time I click the Yahoo toolbar and un-check it, it comes back again. Please help.

Relevancy 58.91%

hello guys.

i already follow this guide: How to disable certain Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) components in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 to disable ipv6. and already try all combination from 0xffffffff until 0x11

0xffffffff will disable ipv6, but listening port still bind to ipv6.

for example, i still can ping ::1 even though that above registry editing should "disable the ipv6".

and when i do netstat -an | find "LISTEN", some ports still bind to ipv6, for example:

TCP [::]:80 [::]:0 LISTENING
TCP [::]:135 [::]:0 LISTENING
TCP [::]:443 [::]:0 LISTENING
TCP [::]:445 [::]:0 LISTENING

and so on.
anyone have solution to permanently disabling ipv6? the reason why i want to rid of ipv6 listening is because it cause conflicting to my router when want to do port forwarding. i don't have any problem to port forward to other machine installing windows xp/2003. tq.

A:disable ipv6 on windows 7 / 2008 R2 permanently

Quote: Originally Posted by cybersans

hello guys.

i already follow this guide: How to disable certain Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) components in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 to disable ipv6. and already try all combination from 0xffffffff until 0x11

0xffffffff will disable ipv6, but listening port still bind to ipv6.

for example, i still can ping ::1 even though that above registry editing should "disable the ipv6".

and when i do netstat -an | find "LISTEN", some ports still bind to ipv6, for example:

TCP [::]:80 [::]:0 LISTENING
TCP [::]:135 [::]:0 LISTENING
TCP [::]:443 [::]:0 LISTENING
TCP [::]:445 [::]:0 LISTENING

and so on.
anyone have solution to permanently disabling ipv6? the reason why i want to rid of ipv6 listening is because it cause conflicting to my router when want to do port forwarding. i don't have any problem to port forward to other machine installing windows xp/2003. tq.

Dont think it is IPv6 that is conflicting and really soon you are going to need IPv6 (read about IPv4 running out of addresses in google).

If you want us to help please run ipconfig /all and upload the output
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/142744-disable-ipv6-windows-7-2008-r2-permanently.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hi, do these entries in hosts still work in disabling the new outlook web mail messenger
0.0.0.0 geo.messenger.services.live.com
0.0.0.0 geo.gateway.messenger.live.com

i can't tell i seem to be always 'available'. this new facelift no longer tells u 'failed to connect to outlook server, attempting to re-connect ...'

is this method still working?
if not, what should i do to completely disable the outlook messenger service. i don't have windows messenger

skype is still active

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/396127-2016-permanently-disable-outlook-messenger.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello days back I noticed a new process called isupdate exe listed under proxy Unable server to Disable permanently processes using up network in resource monitor Around the same time google chrome started acting weird These are the things I noticed Google search results in my desktop are different from those in my laptop which is working fine For example when I search for calculator in my Laptop I get an actual calculator in the results which I can use Whereas Unable to Disable proxy server permanently in my desktop I just get links for other websites Videos in websites other than youtube don't play they get stuck at loading forever When I play a video isupdate exe starts eating up the whole network When I do end process to this isupdate exe in Resource monitor I'm no longer able to access internet In Chrome i Unable to Disable proxy server permanently get Unable to connect to proxy server error the same with Internet Explorer I started searching the web for this issue and I found that it may be caused by a malware I have tried the following things so far as Unable to Disable proxy server permanently per various forums on this topic Going to safe mode and modifying the registry key value of proxyEnable under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings to But when I restart and go back to normal mode in internet options under Connections gt LAN settings gt the Use a proxy server for your LAN box is checked and greyed out I cannot uncheck this in normal mode attached image and yet the registry value of proxyEnable is still scanned the system using adwcleaner and cleaned No change even after that scanned the system using malwarebytes No malware detected scanned the system using hitmanpro a proxy server comes up but there is not delete option only repair option is present and nothing happens after that as well I came across this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t google-web-search-compromised p which talk about the same problems that I'm facing and tried the solution that was mentioned and yet no results Finally tried System restore to an earlier point when everything was fine and yet the system restore failed tried more time with different point Still failed I do not want to format my system and that's why I came here for help I have scanned my system using FRST and i have attached the log files Please help me out with this issue I would greatly appreciate your help Thanks a lot in advance

A:Unable to Disable proxy server permanently

I forgot to mention one other thing:

I use the same network (using wifi router) in my laptop and there is no such problem there. So i guess it rules out the problem being with the router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570818/unable-to-disable-proxy-server-permanently/
Relevancy 58.48%

Title states my problem. There's nothing on Google except a solution that doesn't work. For a long time, it disappeared, but now, it's popping up in random places again, and I'd like to kill it once and for all.

Thanks in advance,
karusho

A:Permanently kill/disable grouping 'feature' in Explorer

Hi karusho. . .

Welcome back to TSF.

Well, you can't find it on Google and I am wondering what exactly it is that I would put in Google to do so!

Sorry, but I don't quite understand this issue. Can you describe in more detail what is happening? How about a screen shot? Are you sure this is not viral in nature? Thanks.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/permanently-kill-disable-grouping-feature-in-explorer-269736.html
Relevancy 58.48%

-F8 on reboot only does it for the session.

-"/bcdedit -set loadoptions \?DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" does not work.

-GpEdit.msc editting does not work.

Can this be done?

A:Permanently disable Driver Signing enforcement in 64bit

have you tried driver signature enforcement overrider?

it worked for me a couple of builds back. (i don't need it any more)

you only need to run it once, to turn it 'on'; then run it again at any time in the future to turn it 'off'.

happy overriding!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/21774-permanently-disable-driver-signing-enforcement-64bit.html
Relevancy 57.62%

This is related to my previous post regarding the "only-One Administrator-in-our-PC" question.

I only want myself to be able to tinker w/ the Task Manager &prevent others from with it.

I'm aware that it's possible to disable the Task Manager but i think/believe when i do so, it affects ALL users. so i want to learn how to how to do a "user-specific" disabling of the Task Manager.

Thanks!!

A:How To Permanently Enable Use/operation Of Task Manager & Disable It For Other Users?

XPPro has this ability through the Group Policy settings - but I don't think that Home has to do it through registry editing.Here's the regedit for disabling it for the current user: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000001You'll have to make some modifications in order to apply it to each user that you want it to apply to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113172/how-to-permanently-enable-useoperation-of-task-manager-disable-it-for-other-users/
Relevancy 55.9%

Since I completed the upgrade to Windows twice the computer failed to boot into the log in screen nbsp the first time nbsp I was told Intel How Graphics Disabled Permanently? Can Be at that time it was due nbsp to a conflict between the two video adapters I had How Can Intel Graphics Be Disabled Permanently? nbsp I disabled the Intel on-board video via the control panel and with a few more works around finally go into Windows nbsp It ran fine for about month until MS released an update of some sort that caused the same issue once again nbsp However this time there was no work around to get into the OS nbsp So I've formatted and re-installed all software again and the Intel adapter will not go away nbsp I can't get into my BIOS where one would normally disable on board video nbsp So at this point I won't be doing the free upgrade until I can remove the on board video permanently nbsp I did locate nbsp this link to a previous article nbsp but it's for a different computer and the control panel that's referred to is no longer a part of the NVIDIA software pacakge at least that I can locate nbsp Thanks in advance

A:How Can Intel Graphics Be Disabled Permanently?

Hello @Dav_Todd, Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I read your post about the Graphics issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, if you are having trouble getting into the BIOS, you can try restoring the BIOS using the following document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS Let me know the results.  Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-Can-Intel-Graphics-Be-Disabled-Permanently/td-p/5584354
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

It's vital that I don't let Windows update my Nvidia graphics driver as the current versions cause serious problems with the video editing application that I use.

I have Update set up to notify me but not automatically install updates. Is there any way to permanently remove this particular update from the list or do I just have to remember to keep unchecking it's box?

I know I can right-click and hide the update but I'm worried it will still install even though it no longer appears in the list. Also, if this is the way to do it will I still have to watch out for newer versions popping up in the list?

A:Can I permanently stop Windows from updating my graphics driver?

if you right-click on the update, and select Hide, it won't be offered again until it's updated.
Alternatively switch OFF the Givie me Recommended updates the same as important' setting in the WU options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/269247-can-i-permanently-stop-windows-updating-my-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 52.46%

I prefer the Comfort On Screen Keyboard Pro and have installed it. After every sleep or reboot I have to manually disable the standard Touch Keyboard from  Toolbar entry on the Taskbar.

A:XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Hi johnwprice,
Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> ?Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard? and uncheck the ?Use On-Screen Keyboard" option and click Ok.
Then, click on ?Change administrative settings" options and check the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop" and press Apply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19495683
Relevancy 52.03%

All of a sudden i cannot get any PC to 'see' my memory stick pro duo at all!!!

Whether it's through a hub / in the camera, nothing!
Just showing that the drive is empty!

So i'm not even able to reformat it!!!
Can't do ANYTHING with it if i can't see it it seems!!!

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all Sorry for the length of this post To summarize it I tried to broken installing and Tried video my USB permanently a has card install a second display adapter and at some point my USB broke I have taken the video card out and reinstalled windows and the USB still doesn t work I came home from university for the summer and saw my Tried installing a video card and my USB has permanently broken old pentium sitting there in the corner of my room doing nothing and thought Hey Dual Monitors So I took out the old Voodoo out of the pentium because I needed a second display adapter in my newer computer to do so Now my parents abode has wireless and I connect using a USB wireless adpater it was still set up from before I suppose and worked fine without me doing any thing to set it up Now after I put the card into the computer the USB still worked I am sure of this as I was using the internet afterwards I began installing the voodoo drivers The hockey game was starting and so I decided I d leave the computer and watch it When I turned it back on after the game the internet didn t work However this is not an issue with the wireless adapter itself as my USB memory stick also does not work and yet works in other computers What happens is that when you plug any USB device in it detects new hardware you go through the wizard and at the end it says quot The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance quot I googled this message every solution I ve found suggested that there is a bug in Win K where it doesn t replace old drivers properly and to delete usb inf then let the wizard find the drivers This did not work for me I decided to be lazy and just let windows repair itself by booting off the CD Probably irrelevant note I had some bizarre issues I was getting blue screens with page faults when repairing my CPU clock was set too high I have never attempted to overclock my computer but since this is the first setting on one of the BIOS screens I am assuming that I had accidentally changed it After changing it to it s proper value the page faults stopped Anyways the repair didn t work I decided to again take the lazy path and just format the drive and reinstall windows it was getting cluttered anyway Note that this was done AFTER removing the voodoo card Hardware wise my computer was back to the exact configuartion that it was in before I did this I still get the same error message I have USB ports on the motherboard attached through a header to the front of my computer none of them work This baffles me It didn t break upon putting the card in my computer it broke sometime after installing the voodoo drivers Removing the card again doesn t fix it This suggests to me that it is a software issue And yet reinstalling windows doesn t fix it suggesting to me that it is a hardware issue Any ideas Thank you nbsp

A:Tried installing a video card and my USB has permanently broken

Hi and welcome.

Did you see this one?

http://www.isp.net.au/~merrick/Function_Driver/Function_Driver.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-installing-a-video-card-and-my-usb-has-permanently-broken.570059/
Relevancy 49.88%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46662-z97-use-integrated-graphics-card-along-external-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have new dell with ATI RadeonTM X300.. it supports 2 display mode.. I was wondering is it better to use one graphics card with dual screen.. or having two graphics card on same system. I have extra dual head GeForce FX5500 from my old system.

I am using system for video editing and graphics.

thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dual-head-graphics-card-vs-two-graphics-card.456202/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much My intregrated card uses mb ram I think I have mb ram and it still says mb ram card my My is graphics intregrated graphics messing card with new after installing the new card it did not free it up I guess the old controller is messing with it In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card However My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager since my new card is using nvidia My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess The card I just installed is d fuzion Specifications GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX Bus Type PCI Memory MB here is the link to more specifications http www dfuzion com cards pci asp These are the specifications on my computer Microsoft windows xp home edition version service pack Emachines T AMD Athlon processor ghz it says mb ram tho I have mb and mb rams sticks in it nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-switch-from-an-integrated-graphics-card-to-an-external-graphics-card.922726/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi there,
i have just got hold of a new graphics card a (tnt2 32mb)
but i have on board graphics
so how do i disable my on board to fit in my new agp card?
system-850mhz
20 gig hd
256 mb of ram
mother boad-ASUS a7vi-vm jumper free pc133
200 mhz fsb agp 4x socket "a"
on board graphics-s3 prosavage
thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-onboard-graphics-384mb-shared-external-graphics-card-128-256m.702994/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-graphics-card-for-gaming-and-using-adobe-software-graphics.37997/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

A:Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291302-enabling-onboard-graphics-disabling-graphics-card-method.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
\Device\CdRom0
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276096-new-graphics-card-new-event-viewer-entries-not-graphics-related.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-missing-graphics-card-and-vga-graphics-adapter-not-working.1045832/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 47.73%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-emachine-onboard-graphics.41175/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a q-lity motherboard and am having a tough time finding out how to turn off onboard graphics,I do not see any place where to to disable onboard graphics in bios, I only see choices for agp and pci change, does anyone have an answer, my board is a q-lity cpv4-t

Relevancy 47.73%

Ive been in bios and everything i cant seem to fully disable the thing! everytime i install my graphics card (AGP nvidia card) and turn the computer back on i get lots of beeps and the monitor refuses to turn on. it stays black and nothing happens. please hope someone can help me!!
tommy

Relevancy 47.73%

I want to install new graphics card. I have to disable the card and drivers. How do I go about this? I know I have to go through BIOS, but I don't know how to do that.
I am running XP, Intel(r)82810E graphics controller. I want to install Radeon 9200. Also, is my graphics controller onboard, or where is it located? And when in the heck is the PCI slot??? Thanks, this has been a crazy two days. I just want to run the sims 2....

A:help with disable graphics controller

I think that is an onboard video. To check, where does your monitor currently plug into your computer? If it plugs in near where the keyboard/mouse/usb plug in... its onboard... If it plugs into one of the slots in the bottom half of the computer, then its a graphics card (either agp or pci) if its in the very top slot, it may be agp, else its pci.

First, install the radeon card. Turn on the computer and install the drivers from the disk that came with it.

Next, reboot your computer, enter the bios config. (hit f2, or <del>, or <ins>, or whichever it says durring the post) There are many different BIOSs... So the names for things here will not be exactly right.... There should be a section for Integrated Periphials, or Chipset Features or something like that.... There should be a setting for OnBoard Video in there somewhere. Set it to disabled. There should also be a setting somewhere in the bios for Initial Video Display... Set it to whichever type of vid card you have (agp or pci). Save settings and reboot.

And when in the heck is the PCI slot??? Click to expand...

If you mean *where* the heck is the PCI slot... Pci slots are the row of card expansion slots on your motherboard.... You should have 3-7 of theses. They match up with the expansion slots in the back of your case....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-disable-graphics-controller.275040/
Relevancy 47.73%

Here's the problem... My onboard graphics won't let me play 3d games, so I got a new video card but when I put it in it says "system only supports svda/add2 video cards in the x16 slot"

Now i've heard there's a switch on the motherboard to disable the graphics card but unless there's not one there, I didn't see it...

PC INFO
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2039 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238409 MB, Free - 123090 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0A60h
Antivirus: None

A:disable onboard graphics

The message seems to indicate that your board does not support the new video card. I don't see that it has much to do with onboard graphics.

But onboard graphics can often be disabled in BIOS setup if no board jumper. If all else fails, it can be disabled in Device Manager.

But you should prepare for the possibility that you will lose graphics if the new card does not work and you will then have a hard tme getting back into the system. Making a backup of the system when it is working is advised, or at least a restore point if you can access System Restore without using the new graphics card, such as by booting your OS DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-onboard-graphics.1036104/
Relevancy 47.73%

I just purchased an Acer AST180-ED400A that has the Vista Home Premium OS. I am wanting to install an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro video card for dual monitor support. I am stuck at the second step in the instructions. It says;

"(please note, if your motherboard has integrated video, you may need to disable it on the motherboard. Please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for additional information.)"

It is Sunday and Acer only answers email support request Monday through Friday. Can anyone here tell me if infact I need to disable the nvidea on the mother board? If so How do I do it?

Relevancy 47.73%

I try to install a video card to my system(Dell dimension E310),I follow the instructions to disable integrated Graphics, but I didn't know that I should do that after install the video card in my system, so I did it first. Now when I boot my system my screen is black! I try to reboot in safe mode and nothing.

How I ENABLE back my integrated Graphics?

A:integrated Graphics Disable.

DO you install new VGA (VIDEO) CARD? If yes then you should follow the steps written in the notes. In order to get your old IGD Graphics back, you must then go to BIOS and change settings, or either do a system restore.

(I can system restore my friend computer without anything on the screen, nothing at all, just a human touch... lol)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-disable.68040/
Relevancy 47.73%

hello

how do i disable my onboard graphics as i have bought a new card and need to disable it

cheers

bazz

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ F It has a m n -la narra motherboard in it made by pegasus asus I recently purchased an ATI Radeon HD on-board cant disable graphics video card and a w psu I m running windows bit and my BIOS version is the issue i m having is with disabling the on-board graphics on the motherboard I m fairly certain I cant disable on-board graphics installed the new video card in the correct manner After installing the w power supply and getting it up and running I went into safe mode to disable the on-board graphics driver I then shut down my pc and inserted the new video card into my one and only PCI-E slot upon booting the computer back up instead of the plug-n-play working the computer continued displaying on the on-board graphics I then rebooted again and went into my BIOS I went to my primary graphics controller setting and switched it to PCI-E saved and exited The motherboard STILL chose to display on the on-board graphics I then shut the computer back down removed the new video card and decided to start over after removing my CMOS battery for a good minute or two The same issue happened My motherboard isnt capable of displaying on both the on-board graphics and the new graphics card so i know i have to get the on-board graphics disabled before i can use the new card somehow I ve contacted HP and Asus both in an attempt to get a different version of BIOS that will actually do what I tell it to do but according to both sources there is neither an update available for my version nor is there an older version of bios i can install on my motherboard im absolutely lost at what to do here My last resort will be sending the tower back to HP and having them replace the motherboard in hopes that the problem lies within my BIOS or PCI-E slot since it is still under warranty I would be extremely frustrated though to pay for shipping to send it to them only to have the problem remain once i recieve the computer back If anyone has any ideas on how i may be able to fix this issue without having to send my pc back to HP i would greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:cant disable on-board graphics

Are you connecting the external power connectors
to the 4890?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-disable-on-board-graphics.952141/
Relevancy 47.73%

So, as title says, how can I disable my onboard graphics ?

Thanks, StalkeR.

A:How to disable onboard graphics ?

Not certain for the MSI boards but it should be an option in the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/211200-how-disable-onboard-graphics.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a 100 budget

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrde-from-integrated-64-mb-graphics-to-real-graphics-card.654809/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors. I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.   Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").Turn off computerUnplug PCI cardTurn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)Turn off computerInstall PCI cardTurn on computer Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H535-using-graphics-card-and-onboard-graphics-after-reboot/td-p/3372482
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be compatible with the Asus M3A78-CM Motherboard. I have 1 PCI Express x 1 slot free and 2 x PCI 2.2 slots free.

Please provide some suggestions, doesn't have to be brand new.

Either that, or something like the Gadmei XGA/VGA LCD TV BOX. I want to connect my PC with the motherboard mentioned previously to my CRT TV (Panasonic TX-28PL4 Quintrix). The motherboard has onboard graphics via dvi and vga outputs. The TV has an S-VHS plug on the front, as well as RCA Audio/Video sockets. On the rear, it has 1 spare scart input.

What are your thoughts?

A:Graphics Card/Onboard Graphics for Media Centre PC

the graphics card listed in my specs may only be 64MB, but it surprisingly runs aero.
If that seems to be not quite what you're looking for, another card I would recommend is the nvidia 8400GS. It may be 512MB, but thats about as high as it's specs go, but you will need a more powerful PSU (300W+). The 8400GS is about ?30 and a vga to RCA adapter seems to be about ?5 (i recommend you buy the adapter before the card).
The one in my specs just has a VGA port, but the 8400GS has vga, dvi and hdmi (i think the hdmi may need some further cabling in the case, not sure though)

NB (the card listed in my system specs may actually be the GeForce 7200GS, all system information programs tell me that it could be both and there's no sticker on it. all i know for (kinda) certain is that its 64MB )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/158089-graphics-card-onboard-graphics-media-centre-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

Relevancy 47.3%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 47.3%

I need to find out how to disable the Integrated Graphics on a HP Pavilion a705w Desktop PC. The integrated Graphics went out and I have a new PCI Graphics card to replace them with but I cant get the Bios to switch to the new card, because I cant see the bios to change the settings. Any suggestions? PLEASE Help! I have spent many hours talking to HPs online techs and they are obviously from another country and have no idea what I am talking about ( one guy I had to explain what Integrated meant).

A:Disable the Integrated Graphics (After they have already died)

Sadly, it seems bios is the only way:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...roduct=435558&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00007413

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-the-integrated-graphics-after-they-have-already-died.74652/
Relevancy 47.3%

The motherboard:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=314

The bios manual:
http://www.wendellgeek.com/files4doug/P4M90-M7C_BIOS_1109.pdf

How should I disable the onboard graphics?

A:How do you disable the onboard graphics for this motherboard?

See page 31 of the Bios Manual

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-disable-the-onboard-graphics-for-this-motherboard.924752/