Windows Support Forum

Low Quality User Account Picture

Q: Low Quality User Account Picture

Hello,

I have recently encountered a problem with my Windows 7 log-on screen. Ever since using "Tuneup Utilties" to automatically change the BACKGROUND of the log-on screen, the User Account Picture has become extremely low quality and blurry. It is not a problem with the picture resolution, even the default pictures are not blurry. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Low Quality User Account Picture

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Low Quality User Account Picture

hello and welcome,
that's maybe cause by your background of the logon.
try to use the default background and see the logo picture,still got same issue or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/123516-low-quality-user-account-picture.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I wonder if leaving a CPU with its thermal paste open for a few hours will loose some of its quality. In which case I'll have to go buy some new paste. This is a fresh thermal paste I spread on a CPU replace, the only paste I had left, but had to reopen for a readjustment. Thank you.

A:Does a slightly dry thermal paste loose quality?

As long as it will still spread easily, it should be fine. It is when it dries up and is a puddy that will not bond (meaning sticks to everything) is when it needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-slightly-dry-thermal-paste-loose-quality.213376/
Relevancy 32.25%

Okay Everyone This time I'm really not sure if this is in the right forum.

My new Laptop sounds, to me, like transistor radio when I play music.
Sure it has Dolby. But. With two tiny speakers on the bottom, it doesn't
seem to help much
Today I fixed the problem. I plugged in the sound system I used on my desktop PC.
2 XA3021 Altec Lansing speakers, with a matching Altec Lansing XA3021 sub woofer.
I've had them for about 10 years now, and they still sound really good.
Here's my question. Does the Dolby that comes with the Laptop only work with the built in speakers
or does it extend to my Altec Lansing speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-quality.212213/
Relevancy 29.67%

Google released the original Chromebook Pixel a little over two years ago. At $1,299, the system didn't make a ton of sense for most but what it did was serve as an example of what a high-end Chromebook could look...

Read more

A:Chromebook Pixel 2015: Great build quality, fast, USB Type-C and cheaper (but still too expensive)

Brick-ish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chromebook-pixel-2015-great-build-quality-fast-usb-type-c-and-cheaper-but-still-too-expensive.209610/
Relevancy 27.09%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 32.25%

As I type this, I'm still using my HT Omega Claro Halo (overkill gift from a year ago). For a headset I use a Sennheiser PC 360, so its microphone is at least average.

Going to be adding a 2nd 970 very soon. In order to use PCIe #2, I can't use the PCI slot. I tried out my onboard for the first time (Realtek ALC898), and as I expected everyone says I "sound like ****" compared to the dedicated.
Would a USB card, even dirt cheap, likely improve voice quality (or maybe $50-60 range)? When it comes to codecs server-side on my server, I already use Opus Voice at the highest bandwidth setting, so I can't improve anything there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/improving-mic-quality-only-usb-viable.208040/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 21.07%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 27.95%

Viewsonic
Model: vx2035wm

Power light blinks blue but no picture. I swapped it out with CRT monitor with no issues on the CRT monitor. How hard is it if I fix it myself? Whats the name of the part I need to fix this and where to buy the part?

A:No Picture on LCD Monitor

From the info you provided, it's hard to exactly tell what is wrong with your monitor. Most likely you have some capacitors or some transistors that have "burnt up" (failed). You have the blinking light which means that you are still getting some power to it, but not the full amount needed. Looking up the information on the monitor, it is from either 2007 or 2008. My best suggestion is to get a new one. This is not something that is quick and simple to fix. Most of the time when something like this happens, you have to unsolder parts and then solder new parts back on to the board. Also, finding available parts for the monitor might create another challenge. If you are comfortable with this type of repair work, then take the cover off and start looking for "burnt" parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-on-lcd-monitor.206666/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have joined a computer (PC1) to a domain control server (2008), and user able to login using their domain user account - although recently I have found out that even though the computer (PC1) do not connect to a server, user still able to access using their domain account.
Is there a way for me to restrict domain account user from accessing the computer (PC1) if they are disconnected from server?
Hope my explanation make sense to you guyz.

Thank in advance

A:Prevening domain user from accessing Computer

Lots to be considered. Joining a domain is intended to give the company admin configuration control of all the company users.
This is normal, expected and even proper for the company to do this.

restrict domain account userClick to expand...

hmm; only the company admin should be able to do this and almost always it is done using some scripts, NOT by loggin into your PC. So - - who is accessing your PC remotely, the admin - - how do you know this occurs?

PCs joined to a domain usually get a replacement for PC Login - - the network form and that creates a link to the domain controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prevening-domain-user-from-accessing-computer.204127/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, whenever I play movies on Blu Ray or DVD, from my PS3, the levels are always off to me. The effects and music are always really loud while the dialogue is very quiet. I find myself having to turn it way up during scenes with a lot of talking then having to dive for the mute button when any action scenes come up before my neighbours bang on the door.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue only by going through the settings ??

A:Low sound quality

What is the sound coming out of? If it's anything short of a 3-channel system (Left, right, centre) then you're gonna have a hard time hearing the talking on any movie. It's just how the *****s mix the audio, unfortunately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-sound-quality.203672/
Relevancy 21.93%

I finally found out why my wireless keyboard didn't work as I mentioned in another thread several months back.
Evidently the USB wifi thingy was in a USB port that didn't work. When I was going thru this thread http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.202706/
I removed it thinking it might be the unknown device.
Anyhow, I've been trying to find the manual for my wireless KB & can't find it.
I'm not sure which number(s) I need. MS PART NO. X820309-001
Serial number or Product ID? Here it is

A:MS Keyboard user manual help

Well, I went here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000 & despite the fact its default language is English, the downloads are in any language BUT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-keyboard-user-manual-help.202759/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 still running XP that has an administrator account, as well as a guest account (where the important docs I need are stored). It has a faulty DC jack, and I plan on having it recycled due to the fact the repair would cost more than the computer is worth. If I remove the hard drive and put it in a USB housing, would I be able to access the info stored under the guest account without any problems?

Relevancy 21.93%

I issue An logins with user have a former company PC Earlier I was attempting to remove the company An issue with user logins domain from it so that I didn t have to An issue with user logins log in as the previous user every time just to get to the desktop So I changed the computer name right click my computer properties computer name I then clicked on Network ID and set to this computer is for An issue with user logins home use and then it went wrong I restarted the computer as instructed and tried to log on as the user as before but it is telling me the password is incorrect The username is correct and so is the password It s clear that whatever I did with the Network ID has caused this I have logged on as administrator but need to access the other user due to the saved files on there etc Can someone help me revert back access that user account from admin Is there a way to completely detach the PC from the previous domain so that it is like a normal home PC with no log in Thank You nbsp

A:An issue with user logins

Administrator account has permission to access files from other users. Just go to the C:/Users section or whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-user-logins.198449/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Windows 7 computer wired into my home network. It has a printer attached to it that I have set to share. I have a windows 7 laptop and an XP laptop. Both 7 machines can see open the shared drives on the XP machine but when I try to access the shared drives of either 7 machine from any of the other machines I am asked to give a User ID and a password. This is a private Home network. I have no passwords set up on any of the machines. I'm trying to set up the printer on the two laptops and I can't access it without the User ID Password window popping up. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:Home Network asking for user ID and password

This is all normal operation for print/file sharing. If you really want sharing without using passwords (imo a security risk), then you need to google for "anonymous sharing"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-asking-for-user-id-and-password.194484/
Relevancy 27.95%

I No on monitor picture have an oldish dual core PC EP -UD L motherboard gig ram No picture on monitor GTX running XP I stopped using it a couple of years ago and gave it to my No picture on monitor dad its sat gathering dust so I decided to set it up No picture on monitor for him to use It had HDD in it the main one I have in my new PC as a slave currently in it is one IDE and one SATA HDD I unplugged the IDE drive and got ready to re-install windows Problem is theres no picture on the monitor I tried another monitor same story I put another graphics card in same story You cant plug a monitor into the motherboard so I assume theres no built in GPU The PC ran fine for me last time I used it about moths ago the memory was removed but I put some more in Really got no idea what to do as with no picture I cant do anything and I m stumped I can t tell if everything anything else is working without a picture all the fans are going all the motherboard LED lights are on I can t hear any beeps at all when switching the PC on I havent built a PC for years or messed around with them but am I correct in thinking that even if the memory isnt working or the HDD ishould still get a picture Kind of hard to do anything without a picture nbsp

A:No picture on monitor

Reseat the ram same thing happened to me if that doesn't work id say its something with the ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-on-monitor.190974/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 31.82%

What is the highest Quality video currently in the world nowadays there are alot of 1080 and 720 but are there any higher like 1280 or something higher??

A:Highest quality streaming video?

1080P is the HD standard at this point. There will post likely be a 4K option in the future, but Youtube is still struggling to add 3D support, so dont expect it any time soon. But with HTML5 finalized as of yesterday, youtube will begin to roll it out within the next year I am guessing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/highest-quality-streaming-video.188266/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi everyone This is my RMA story Every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE I had a custom Asus gaming laptop G JX- DE G JX from Xoticpc com I can t say I have it because it has already been in the Asus repair station for more than months and I don t know when I will get it back My RMA status is still the same quot Waiting- WB Wait for Material Spare Parts quot I emailed the Asus representative Mr Tien Phan email address deleted and got the response that the issue with my notebook was duplicated and it was currently at a repair station waiting for the necessary parts to come in Because of that I began to initiate some action and look problems quality Asus laptop RMA at what I could dig up If you look at the Asus website you will see that now it only has gaming laptops G VW and G VW but there were Asus laptop quality RMA problems a dozen different models in My friend s computer market analyst said that the Asus repair station is piled up with defective laptops transformers tablets Almost every third ASUS laptop is DIFFECTIVE Since Asus started to produce their own laptops in huge amounts though previously it was focused on the production of motherboard and other components The range of its products increased in many times They tried to compete even with Apple Zenbook Pads But the Asus team just can t compete with Steve Jobs team As a result the quality of Asus products begins to fall dramatically Asus Customer Service just can t cope with the avalanche of custom claims Unfortunately the quality of the motherboards diamond in Asus crown became worse Asus laptop quality RMA problems compared to what it was before I Asus laptop quality RMA problems built three rigs with Asus motherboards last one is P X D Premium and I am satisfied with their quality But now days are different Now we need to think seven times before buying an Asus laptop Having every third ASUS laptop DIFFECTIVE is too much pcbzick nbsp

A:Asus laptop quality RMA problems

I'd heard ASUS had quality issues but just figured that's people flaming online. Now I know better. I've had my laptop go out on repair twice for the same issue (screen flashes then blacks out). On first repair all they did was swap the system board and the issue reappeared almost immediatly. Call center staff would not agree to expedite shipping on second repair. When second repair was done they could not supply a tracking number. Emails to ASUS are answered by a bot. It's not so much that the device failed, that happens, it's the followup that is miserable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-quality-rma-problems.185891/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recall OCZ had serious issues and am wondering if this is still true? Last year I heard Intel and Crucial were very reliable.

A:Which manufacturers make quality SSDs?

Intel,Crucial and Samsung.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-manufacturers-make-quality-ssds.183116/
Relevancy 21.5%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi there,
I own a Sony VAIO F series laptop. Recently, around 2 weeks ago, I suddenly cannot use my web cam (Motion Eye), the green light next to it, is on, indicating it's working, but no picture displays, onscreen, on Live messenger, or on Facebook video call.
This have happened to me once before, where Sony support told me to do system recovery; but did not solve the issue. Then they took it away, and returned it back to me within a week telling me it was some sort of software conflict, and the hardware was functioning perfectly.

I was hoping if anyone can give me a few pointers on how to get my Motion Eye working again.
Many Thanks.
Hope I'm posting in the correct section.

David

A:Webcam with no picture

There is no reason to not think it is still a software issue... Sony probably wanted you to do a factory restore and not a system restore. There is a difference between them

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-with-no-picture.182696/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello people, i had just bought the above mentioned graphics card. I want to know how is its performance and quality? After installing this card i played NFS underground. I just can't see any difference or any advantage in this game. Is it really good a card? And if it is then which games would put this card for real tests? Also i wanna know which latest games are compatible with this card? Please provide me with the list of such latest games.

Thank you.

A:Quality and performance of Asus EN210 graphics card

I'm sure the quality of the card is good with respect to its manufacture but it's not a gaming card at all. It might be able to play some low spec games but if you want to play the "latest games," this is not the card for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quality-and-performance-of-asus-en210-graphics-card.177068/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys every time i restart my laptop it wipes all the user profiles, leaves one and wipes all the custom settings on that profile. I have no idea and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

A:User profiles deleted on start up

This might be caused by a virus or other malware infection, a corrupt hard drive or Windows itself is corrupt... Can you do a destructive laptop restore? This is a way that the laptop is put back just like it was when you turned it on when you first bought it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profiles-deleted-on-start-up.175534/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently had my headphones short out in one ear and need new ones but I don't know what ones to get cause I don't want to keep having the same problem. So recommendations would be nice. I just want good sound quality with a mic on it. Preferably something like the ones I had (see link) but I heard those always short out after a year or two so I don't really want to deal with the problem in the future.

$50 is as high as I'd like to go, I don't know if that too low to find good quality headsets though.

A:Need a good quality headset at cheap price

Grab a Razer barracuda HP-1 from ebay for a low low price,, 80ish maybe but their killer 5.1 headset, with outputs to your sound cards rear and front and center and sub.. gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-good-quality-headset-at-cheap-price.173074/
Relevancy 21.93%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 27.52%

From reading a couple old threads here, I am starting to think that my laptop turns off randomly because of a bad fan. So I checked under my laptop, and I can't feel air flow from anywhere, nor do I see a fan spinning.

I have a satellite a105-s4284. I am including a picture of the bottom of the laptop, where I have circled where I believe the fan to be. It is not spinning. Should it be spinning at all times, at least to some extent? If this is where the fan is located, then I definitely need to order another one.

Thanks for the help!

ugh, well i can't post a picture, because my post count is too low. but just confirming that the fan should be spinning at all times should suffice.

A:Is the fan bad in my laptop? (picture included)

if the temp is cold the fan sometimes stopped.

but, for all laptops, when you turn them on, the fan should spin, no matter the temperature is, for few seconds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-fan-bad-in-my-laptop-picture-included.171922/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everybody, I have a home network with about 3 computer connected. I am using a laptop and when ever I use the net view command in cmd, I can only view my laptop. Why can't I see the other 2 computer?

All the computer have Win. 7 Home Premium Installed. Is there a way to send messages to those computers within the network, without the use of 3rd party applications... Perhaps by cmd?

I know you can, but I am unsure how.

A:Net view/net user

examples

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view $SYSTEM_NAME
Shared resources at $SYSTEM_NAME
[B]lt-beard[/B]

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
Italy-1 Disk
Italy-2 Disk
RealEstate Disk
SharedDocs Disk
The command completed successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view emac
Shared resources at emac

Mac OS X

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
homes Disk User Home Directories
i860 Print Canon i860
jeff Disk User Home Directories
MP470 series Print Canon MP470 series
It should be clear that NET VIEW SYSTEM is dependent upon getting Print/File Sharing working correctly.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>[B]net user jeff[/B]
User name Jeff
Full Name Jeff
Comment primary user(LUA)
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

blah blah ...

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 9/2/2011 10:55 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Users
Global Group memberships *None

Would appear to be Policy settings for the user

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-view-net-user.170621/
Relevancy 21.07%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm currently having a hardware fault, happened awhile ago now but I can afford a new GPU now if I have to but thought I'd futher investergate whats going on. So thought I'd ask for some help.

Turned PC on one day, got the blue screen booted into safe mode tried a few things forgot how I found out but I disabled my display drivers and then my PC was able to boot up without safe mode. Since then all my PC does is watch movies, surf the net and just the basic stuff.

So my GPU is still sending a video signal but if I enable the device, my PC either gets a blue screen or hangs on a black screen after loading windows vista

The card I was running is a geforce 9800GTX-2 in yes my PSU is powerful enough

A:GPU dead? Displays picture only

"So my GPU is still sending a video signal but if I enable the device"...

Graphics cards... or anything else in a computer need drivers to function. Download and install the proper drivers for your GeForce card here:
Nvidia 9800GTX-2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-dead-displays-picture-only.167608/
Relevancy 27.09%

In short

I have a samsung syncmaster 943nwx LCD monitor and it worked fine. but from yesterday i can see that my monitor doesn't display (but menu lights are on), it only shows black screen .If i made the monitor on for some minutes it automatically displays everything and works as normal .

any advice?
Thanks and best regards from Argentina

Fabin

A:No picture Samsung Syncmaster 943NWX

Try the monitor on another computer, even a laptop and see if it operates normally. If it does, the problem is with the computer. Post back...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-samsung-syncmaster-943nwx.164253/
Relevancy 27.52%

After I formatted my HDD, re-installed the same Windows 7 I had before I've been getting brief and random picture-freezes. They appear to be more often and last longer when playing a game or so forth, although they even pop up while using a browser or MSN. I have no idea what might be causing this, as the PC itself is fast as usual. If anyone can help me...I'd be eternally grateful.

Short and facty:
1) Brief picture freezes, more often when PC working hard
2) Just did a format
3) NEED THIS FIXED FAST =)

A:Having random and brief picture-freezes

What do you mean by "random picture freezes". What kind of picture or pop ups?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-random-and-brief-picture-freezes.164048/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

A:Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 32.25%

After having investigated the situation for the sake of people around me, it appears that the best laptops, as far as quality is concerned, are Asus, Toshiba and Sony. Lenovo dropped a bit after their agreement with IBM came to an end.

Dell and HP are very average today, in the same league as Acer (competition is tough). Packard Bell and Fujitsu are bad.

A:Quality laptops

I agree with Asus and Toshiba but would not put Sony in the same category.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quality-laptops.163598/
Relevancy 27.09%

The *****s in my building keep pointing the antennas down the hall toward their rooms not realizing that they are decreasing their signal strength. I know that the signal comes out of the sides of the omni-directional antennas on the router, but no matter how many times i fix them someone comes behind me a messes it up. I need a simple clear picture that explains how this is a bad thing. I know someone here has seen such a thing. And yes I googled it to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-picture-of-how-a-wifi-antenna-works.160176/
Relevancy 21.5%

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

A:Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a new computer and when I go on youtube to watch a video the video quality is bad The resolution for everything else is good When I played Mafia Bad streaming video quality the video quality was pretty good and when I m web surfing the text and colours all look normal However as soon as I watch a video the quality is really bad Here are some of my computer specs Windows Professional -bit Asus M A Bad streaming video quality T-E motherboard AMD Athlon II X Processor Ghz cores GB TB Hard Drive HIS Radeo HD video card I have the latest drivers I downloaded Ati Catalyst and did all the adjustments I could It didn t improve anything Screen resolution is already at recommended settings and I tried some of the programs available on Windows to adjust colors and everything I also tried downgrading adobe flash from the latest version down to It didn t really do anything but I might try it again Maybe it s a codec thing It doesn t make any sense to me because in terms of graphics everything is fine except for when I go on youtube to watch a video Any help or advice would be appreciated Thanks Dan nbsp

A:Bad streaming video quality

If everything else is okay but youtube is not, is it possible it's just the youtube videos that have bad resolution? Their quality can be pretty bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-streaming-video-quality.157904/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a 25.5" Samsung monitor. I've been watching /Youtube vids/movie trailers/etc and noticed that when I click on 'view in HD' or whatever, they don't look that much better. What can I do to improve the picture?

A:Getting the best picture possible

if your not watching it full screen then you wont really notice any thing, when you do go full screen you will.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-the-best-picture-possible.156210/
Relevancy 30.96%

So I'm thinking about buying a nice pair of gaming headphones and I was wondering if I would be needing to upgrade my sound card as well (currently my comp just has the stock Realtek integrated sound card on the motherboard). I have a USB audio adapter and I heard that helps with the sound. I was reading some reviews of these headphones and saw something about "impedance" which is why I'm hesitant of buying them.

These are the headphones I'm looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC...ophone/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

or

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-7-1-...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1286136330&sr=1-1

Also, if I do end up needing a sound card, I'm not sure I'll have a slot for it because I already used my PC 16 express slot for my video card.

Thanks in advance

A:Integrated sound card + high quality headphones?

gaming headphones are good, but they will only be able to amplify the quality of audio that is produced by your sound card. if you don't have an available PCI or PCIe slot for a sound card adapter, there are other options such as USB (you have this already) and even a dock that fits in your 5.25 drive bays! if you're a gamer (which it sounds like you are) then you will benefit from buying a dedicated sound adapter because not only will it sound better, but you will have access to a bigger variety of software features and options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-sound-card-high-quality-headphones.154321/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am thinking of getting an AMD athlon 3800+ dual core with 2.0 GHz instead of my current CPU which is the 3400+ 1.99 GHz.

The only benefit seems to be the fact that it is a dual core and it is a 3800+, but it has 0.01 more GHZ, so if I am playing a game like supreme commander is this processor worth getting?

A:Which quality of a CPU is most important?

What is the model of your mother-board? A new CPU would really help you, but your current integrated graphics chip is pretty bad. So a video card would noticeably improve your gaming performance. Although, I'm not quite sure which type of card is best suited for your mo-bo.

If your computer has a PSU of at least 300 watts, then here's a decent card:
Radeon HD 4350 Video Card 512MB ... $29.99.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-quality-of-a-cpu-is-most-important.153357/
Relevancy 27.52%

no picture while watching any video in any format excluding flash All i get is black while No picture videos watching screen and sound is working however but no picture This is No picture while watching videos a common error yes i have researched on it yes i have downloaded many codecs such as KLITE and windows media codec packs My problem No picture while watching videos was temporarily solved by installing one of these codecs but then after a few weeks it No picture while watching videos seems to have come back From the little information i found it seems to be a quot Graphics overlay problem quot don t know what that is im quite week in this area it seems And im sure its not a codec problem because i uninstalled all my downloaded codecs and within the temporary time period that my video used to work my videos did work without these codec packs so im quite lost here Please help me fix this issue See the thing is i sent my laptop in to hp and when i got it back i had to reinstall everything No there is no potential viruses and i did install almost everything because i have about the same amount of hard disk space as before nbsp

A:No picture while watching videos

Without doubt its your codecs.

Remove klite codec pack and download vlc media player here :

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Its free, easy to use and ive never come across anything it cant play!

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-while-watching-videos.153072/
Relevancy 31.82%

The current sound card I have, is still my old Audigy 2 ZS. It is coupled to a pair of Logitech Z-5500's.

The sound that comes out of this setup is extremely good for what it is in my opinion. I am building a new PC shortly, and I am just wondering, is creative still at the top for sound quality with there cards these days?

My main use is probably 80% music, and the other 20% being gaming/movies. I want the highest sound quality possible, even if I have to spend $200 on a sound card, I am willing. When your an audiophile, you can't stand cheap sound.

A:Who rules sound quality these days?

Most people I know swear by HT | OMEGA. Most of my system builds/upgrades usually incorporate on of their cards or Asus' Xonar if the HT's are unavailable (or if a low profile card is required).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/who-rules-sound-quality-these-days.152907/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am about to install an ATI HD 5770 in my computer, and I am thinking about getting some games. I hear a lot of talk about games like Crysis heavily taxing graphics cards and what not.

If I play games like Crysis all the time (with as high settings as my card can handle), will that significantly change the lifespan or alter the card's performance at all?

A:Does a high quality game (Crysis) shorten the life of a GPU?

If I said yes, would you limit your game playing to Solotaire and Minesweeper ?

These cards are built for gaming.
So long as you have adequate chassis cooling and clean power delivery the card should not be significantly affected by intensive gaming. All cards fail eventually but normal gaming conditions should not significantly impact on it's lifespan, at least not until it has endured a few years of use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-high-quality-game-crysis-shorten-the-life-of-a-gpu.150575/
Relevancy 21.5%

Explanation:

Ok so I work in a small office and I have a networked printer that takes user numbers for passwords to print. This way we can keep track of print jobs and charge the employees accordingly. This user # is setup thru printer preferences. Normally only one user # is required for each computer as each employee has their own computer. Well there are two open computers at my office that anyone can use, these two have their own user #'s.

Question:

What i'd like to do is set it up so these open computers prompt for a user number before being able to print instead of having a user # saved under the preferences. Is this possible?

Relevant information:

Computers - Windows Xp Pro sp3
Server - Windows server 2003
Printer - Sharp Mx-6200N

Thank for any help regarding this situation.

A:Prompting for user # on a network printer

hmm; this is a commercial Charge Back process. Home users would hardly ever need or want
something like this.
I would think you would find such options in the software you are using to capture the user#,
likely on your Domain Controller ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prompting-for-user-on-a-network-printer.150482/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, i had dozens of movies in my second HD for almost a year now and im not sure if its just me and im paranoid or what but it seems that they lost a bit of their quality and are slightly more pixelated and blurry ever so sightly. I've defragged the HD several times over the time of using it with all my data and movies and does defragging it deteriorate the quality over time?

A:Movies on hard drive lose quality over time?

hi dardra

movies stored on an HD will not deteriorate over time, through storage or moving. Because they are stored digitally, you can move and copy them without losing any quality.

If they are looking more pixelated or blurry, you should check your media player settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/movies-on-hard-drive-lose-quality-over-time.149070/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hiya people I am having a problem with my TV or it could be my graphics card anyway I have the Nvidia gforce GT connected to my Geforce DVI Nvidia picture blurry 9500 HDMI, GT - quot LCD tv via DVI to HDMI but Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture when I have it connected via HDMI port on my TV the Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture picture becomes blurry and I have scaling problems but I can fix the scaling problems Anyway once I sort out the scaling problem the picture looks blurry and it looks like the brightness is set too high I have tried changing it in the nvidia control pannel and the same with my tv but it still stays the same Anyways when i connect it via HDMI port on my TV the picture runs perfect the brightness is fine as well as the scaling and also the picture looks alot more vibrant and does not have the grayish look and I dont have to mess about with any of the settings and when I have my Xbox or my ps on this port the picture looks hell of alot better as the picture looks more vibrant and the black seems to be better on this port too anyways anyone know if there is a fix for this if so HELP if you need to know any of my specs or settings or make of tv let me know and I shall post it as soon as i can nbsp

A:Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture

anyone?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-9500-gt-dvi-hdmi-blurry-picture.141849/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey here is a picture of DELL C BIOS location Write down the servicetag before proceed This is the paperclip version All explained in picture picture Dell c810 bios 24c02 You dont have to disassamble the whole laptop for this only keyboard dvd powerboard and lift up the dvd guide plate Attach some scotch tape so you dont short the clip to the metal Short pin and Dell c810 bios 24c02 picture and hold Power Dell c810 bios 24c02 picture up the dell and wait to the text fn x appears Power of and remove clip Boot into bios now the passwords are gone This removes password and the service tag but dont panic You can flash that back with dos program quot asset quot from DELL Make a bootable boot disk windows SE will due Put asset com on the floppy Boot into floppy and run ASSET COM with the parameter asset S quot your servicetag quot found on sticker under the laptop Or look into the bios before erase Remove floppydisk and boot Specially thanks to quot Qasimtoep quot for the info and this works for many dell laptops nbsp

A:Dell c810 bios 24c02 picture

I have left this post live for future reference of users looking for this kind of information, however be aware that we no longer offer or allow BIOS password related discussion on TechSpot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-c810-bios-24c02-picture.145792/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a hp hdx 16t laptop with a Gforce 9600m currently running Vista Home Premium 64bit. I just installed Flash 10.1 beta and the beta Nvidia drivers (195.55) and noticed a couple of things.

1) Framerate playing full screen flash (youtube/hulu) seemed better
2) CPU utilization didn't seem to change much
3) The Video seem to have more artifacts and the image quality to be less smooth.

I checked to see that the hardware acceleration was enabled in the flash settings. I noticed that the Video noise reduction settings on the nvidia control panel were set to program controlled.

Did anyone else try this out and have they noticed any of these things or am i just noticing more now that i am really paying attention to the video quality? Thanks.

A:Anyone else noticed video quality issues with GPU accelerated Flash?

At a glance I did notice a bit of artifacting from flash video after this - but I didn't really do any research into it. I'll let you know if I hear/learn anything about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-else-noticed-video-quality-issues-with-gpu-accelerated-flash.139092/
Relevancy 27.09%

2 days ago when I was cleaning my computer from inside from dust, and when i connected everything back (I didn't pull out any of the components) my monitor went blank, and only the brown light was shining. Then I disconnected the graphics card and put it back in. All the same, my graphics card still works, but I had to connect the monitor to the motherboard integrated card. When my system booted up (Windows 7 Ultimate), in devices and printers tab, under the computer icon was a yellow questionmark, saying that the PCI memory controller misses drivers, but it can't find them on the Internet. My MB is AMD 690v , and my graphics card is ATI HD 4670. What should I do? PLEASE HELP ASAP. Thanks.

A:Monitor doesn't show picture!

You motherboard may contain that AMD chipset but that is not the motherboard make and model. You need to identify the motherboard make and model and go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to find drivers for it. You would go to ATI's website for graphics drivers if you ever need them.

That said, you shouldn't suddenly be missing these drivers. Did you take precautions against static electricity discharge while you were cleaning the insides of the PC? Hopefully reinstallation of the motherboard drivers will be enough.

By the way connecting your monitor to the integrated graphics does not mean your Radeon HD 4670 card still works. It only works if your monitor is plugged into the 4670 and you get a normal output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-show-picture.145384/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,all..just wondering if somebody could help me with my Dell D620..
The laptop is working fine ,the only thing is that there is no video signal coming out in the lcd screen..But if i connect an external monitor using the vga output,it's ok.
Im pretty sure it's not the lcd screen or the converter,because i've just replaced it with another working lcd screen from the other d620 that i have..
Is this a problem in the video card?
Thanks..

A:No picture in lcd screen

no as your getting a output to an external monitor its very unlikely to be video card...
in my honest opion it could be either invertor or the lcd connector ribbon cable...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-in-lcd-screen.145335/
Relevancy 31.39%

right now i have SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 and have been reading the reviews some are good and some arent and i cant determine if this a good card or not.

is there any other card(s) that would better suite then the one i have listed. i will be shopping from newegg.com and mainly useing the cpu for WoW.

appreciate your guys help!

here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102858

A:Nice quality video cards for gaming

When you say "cpu" I presume you mean graphics card rather than CPU or processor. The graphics card you listed is fine although I don't understand when you say you have one right now. Are you shopping for a second one, say for Crossfire?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nice-quality-video-cards-for-gaming.144408/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just got a new HD JVC Everio thats records in .mts format but when i upload the video into Adobe Premiere elements 7 the quality it pretty much unusable, any help??

A:Video quality is terrible

try converting the video in a different format or try using a different player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-quality-is-terrible.140332/
Relevancy 21.5%

What software to use, user friendly. Take *.avi movie covert and burn it so it will play on a dvd with a splash screen (menu) title to play movie and title(2) to include a small video clip of myself including a a message.

Was trying to use DeVeDe but I am having trouble with title 2 being authoritative with my video and both titles go straight to the movie. DeveDe is for Ubuntu but let me know of software for ubuntu or windows xp

A:User friendly video to dvd with menu

Rather use a windows xp app anyways and I am sure, much more. ubuntu machine not as powerful for decoding videos, or this devede program, audio came out of sync and still had the title allocation issue. I really want to get my video message in the dvd menu.

thanks !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-friendly-video-to-dvd-with-menu.143608/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Hi

laptop keyboards are delicate at the best of times, any liquid spilt into it will dry and cause this issue,

you can use an external keyboard and see if it does this, you will have to remove the keyboard from the laptop, this is usually done by removing some screws and then undoing the ribbon connector from the board, or by unclipping the keyboard from the housing and disconnecting the ribbon cable.

keyboard go for about 15 on ebay dependant on who is selling it, dont try and repair it you will be wasting your time.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142568/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Probably your notebook's keyboard shorted out when you spilled water on it.

I would advise you to leave your notebook alone for few days to dry out completely and see if the shorting sorts itself out. Otherwise, you may end up having to replace the keyboard; for which you'll be better off consulting an technician.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142569/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am am about to build a system where I am buying a monitor that has VGA D-Sub port and an HDMI port The video card I HDMI quality? provide to port VGA or would Which visual better DVI-D plan on buying IS AMD HD and it had DVI-D and HDMI I want to know would there be a difference if I used a DVI-D to VGA or just an HDMI cable from the card to monitor like would there be a performance difference I was thinking about just using an HDMI cable the monitor only has one port and Which port would provide better visual quality? DVI-D to VGA or HDMI I plan on using this monitor als for my which I was going to use the HDMI port as well So I ll pretty much have to be switching cables every time I decide to play the Which port would provide better visual quality? DVI-D to VGA or HDMI other I always leave my computer on I never shut it off would there be a problem with me leaving it on and unplugging the monitor from the PC to us for my as for the sound I ll be using an optical cord from my audio for both my PC and my going to my surround sound system which I ll have to do the same with the switching of the cords which won t be a problem I was just wondering about the difference of cables and leaving my computer on while I ll unplugg the monitor I know it doesn t really bother it with lets say a vga port and I don t think it would really bother my PC but I was just wondering If it does then I ll just use a DVI-D to VGA for my PC and a HDMI for the -Nick nbsp

A:Which port would provide better visual quality? DVI-D to VGA or HDMI

There definitely is a quality difference, esp at high resolutions. HDMI is the way to go, VGA you take a digital signal, make it analog, and then the LCD has to reconvert it to digital to display, which is a terrible way to do things. HDMI keeps it digital all the time.

Pulling the HDMI plug while it is on isn't going to hurt anything. Your other option is to pick up an hdmi switch. Monoprice probably sells them cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-port-would-provide-better-visual-quality-dvi-d-to-vga-or-hdmi.135422/
Relevancy 21.07%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ive got an Acer 7250g and it was working fine until today.When i turn it on i get "User profile service failed the logon" i cant sign in or do anything-help please.

A:User profile service failed the logon

Welcome to Techspot
If you haven't already done so, this may be a grat place to start and get the 'feel' of this forum,
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html
The following link may help solve your login problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.133880/
Relevancy 32.25%

Is printing quality depends on software? If yes then suggest me good software

A:Question about printing quality

Not really. It depends on the quality of the printer heads, ink, ink feeds, and the paper onto which you wish to print.
The quality of the image can be controlled by the software, but it depends on what you wish to print.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-printing-quality.133522/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a DLink 615 router. Got it as a gift a while back. It performs ok for internet browsing, downloading etc. But when my online games like CoD4 my ping jumps to 400ms back down to 50ms on and off. My connecting speed is 21mb down and 5mb up so I know its not the service. Does anyone have any ideas of how to remedy this?

-No I dont have downloads going while playing games
-There is one laptop on the network, but it still does this even if the laptop is powered off.

A:Better quality modem, or something wrong?

change to PTCL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/better-quality-modem-or-something-wrong.133191/
Relevancy 21.07%

Our school is moving from a Workgroup setup to a Domain (Active Directory.) I'm having a problem though. When I set up new users all of their local settings disappear. So now I'm looking for an easy way to migrate User Profiles from the Local User to the new active directory user. I know microsoft has the Active Directory Migration Tool but is that truly the BEST way to do it?? The guide is like 100000 pages long so I'm not even sure if I want to go that route. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-from-workgroup-to-domain-user-profile-migration.131944/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi all i'm new here so be patient and gentle pls.

my question is can i read a report or log file that will tell me how long users have been logged into my server. i run sbs2003 and have some users on remote access via vpn, does the monitoring on the system allow me to view log in times for each user and how long they are logged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-user-log-in-times.129887/
Relevancy 31.39%

When a print a black and white text document straight from the computer, the quality is fine. Color printing is very faded, and color copying is bad. When I make black and white text copies the copies are all faded. Is there anyway to set the printer so that the color is darker or is there setting in the computer? I have tried using different types of inks, and I have emptied the toner waste cartridge. Is there anything else?

Everything else on the printer works fine though, and I don't want to get rid of it, but this is really annoying. I don't understand why the quality is so faded, no error signs have come up on it

A:Samsung CLX-3160 Print Quality Issues

Are you using Samsung ink? Is it within the Samsung dates?
All settings for that printer are on the computer... using the Samsung drivers.
It appears yours needs a cleaning.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-clx-3160-print-quality-issues.129058/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have the Samsung Touch Of Color T220HD 22-inch LCD HDTV Monitor. I use this HDTV monitor for gaming, watching TV, and also for using my computer. I have the TV/monitor connected to my Xbox 360 (through a HDMI cable) and, also, my PC (through a DVI-D cable). When I play HD video in my Xbox 360 the picture look great; however, when I play HD video on my PC the picture doesn't seem to be the same. Shouldn't the video picture be the same, since both the computer and Xbox are connected to the same HDTV monitor? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:HD video picture on PC not as good as on Xbox 360

you have an older pc and with age come degrade of quality of picture your video card will put out . you can try to upgrade your video cards drivers to see if it still has some more life in it. but if that doesnt improve the video quality then it might be time for a new video card or a whole new pc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-video-picture-on-pc-not-as-good-as-on-xbox-360.128898/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am in search for another back-up HDD for a good price. I found a 500gb Samsung for $50 which seems good even thou its a bit slower then others. I know there are some good 1TB deals which is the best gb to $ but that's a little more then I need atm. I have a TV, headphones and some other general entertainment electronics from Samsung and they've never failed me, but nothing PC related. Just looking for some input if anyone used one of there HDD and how there quality is.

Is this a good buy? Or should I stick with more familiar HDD brand such as a 500GB WD? They even have a $75 TB Drive =X .

A:Samsung HDD Quality?

All hard drives will fail sooner or later. It could be you will have good luck with the samsung, BUT I prefer to go with proven brands (for me it would be WD or Seagate). This is assuming you data is valuable. If it is not that valluable and/or you are backing it up anyway then go with the samsung.

Here is a WD for $60 with free shipping. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073
and if you shop around you might find even better deals

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-hdd-quality.127546/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi
please can any one help me , i want the best computer for editing picture & multimedia like movie,s i work on adobe photoshop cs3 & after effect cs3
please can any one from expert help me to collect the best of Prosser , Hd , Lcd , case , ram , fan , power , VGA ,
please any one!

A:Best PC for picture & multimedia editing

First... What is your budget to build or buy this PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-pc-for-picture-multimedia-editing.124886/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, i got a pavilion dv6000 and damn the graphics are too low. am running vista home prenium and got 4g ram... what could be the reason?

A:Low quality of graphics on HP pavilion Dv6000

How old is this HP and when did the graphics issue start?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-quality-of-graphics-on-hp-pavilion-dv6000.117321/
Relevancy 32.25%

This morning I turned on my computer and everything was all Pixely and horrible quality. And I go to fix the res and color quality and I can only set my resolution to 640x4... And the color quality only to 4 bit. When In safe mode everything works fine, but as soon as I get back into regular mode, back to the mess. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Can't Change Res. Or Color Quality

Failed video card or video graphics driver. Delete Video graphics driver in System->Hardware->Device Manager, then reboot and reinstall. If that doesn't work, the video graphics card has reached the end of its useful product life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-res-or-color-quality.119424/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying to hook up my Pavilion 700 to a Dell CRT monitor. When I plug it in to the VGA and turn it on, the orange light on the monitor goes green (like its supposed to) but nothing displays on the screen. I even removed the add-in video card and just tried using the integrated but with the same results.

I know the monitor is not bad because I just tested it with two other computers and an xbox360.

Any ideas? All help is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-displaying-picture-but-turns-on.119044/
Relevancy 21.93%

I've had a couple of complaints from a user where I work who cannot login wirelessly using their laptop. They can however logon fine if they plugin an ethernet cable. Once they have logged in, they can use the wireless connection just fine.

What might cause this? I'm struggling to troubleshoot it.

Thanks

A:User cannot logon wirelessly

You must be in a Domain/Networked login environment as WiFi vs wired networking is not germane to user login otherwise.

I think you're in a catch-22; you need the network to login but need login to access the network.

Fix the GPO policy for WiFi users to allow local login to the machine.
This will give the ability to then MAP drives to the infrastructure using the WiFi connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-cannot-logon-wirelessly.116860/
Relevancy 26.66%

This dell has two OS installed Windows and Linux I thought it would be a routine LCD picture Inspiron Windows dimm only in 6400 Dell inverter replacement Dim picture Ok Dell Inspiron 6400 dimm picture in Windows only I have to replace the inverter After install the inverter I start testing and boot it up everything is ok in Linux Now this is a weird one I did tried to boot up in Windows everything Dell Inspiron 6400 dimm picture in Windows only looks ok until it logs in Windows then goes dim I did try many times same thing It does it in exact precise time in the boot like it is a driver or a glitch in the next step of boot What I noticed next thing I did plug in the external monitor and both lite up like they suppose to and works as well like there is no problem at all Unplug external monitor dim again Boots in Linus again no problem at all I have never seen Dell Inspiron 6400 dimm picture in Windows only or heard of a problem like this Could it be a driver But it worked before the inverter failure nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 6400 dimm picture in Windows only

check the connection between LCD-module and motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6400-dimm-picture-in-windows-only.108214/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have been playing around with different formats, resolutions, byte rates,... for the video that I want to upload to you tube, but they just look crappy. There are some very nice videos on the tube once you click "high quality" but I cant get mine to look that way. Even if I make a video with near HD specs it looks like I took it with cell phone. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-specs-for-youtube-high-quality-video.114865/
Relevancy 21.93%

i was wondering how to get rid of user accounts.the computer im about to get has 3 accounts hogin up the drive so i went into safe mode and change the pass cus i couldnt find how to delete them and that didnt work either.plz help and i thank you all for your previous help that i will be needing.

A:How to delete user accounts

Instructions
Click Start
Click Control Panel
In Control Panel Window click User Accounts
In the user accounts window click the account that you want to delete
Click delete the account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-delete-user-accounts.113022/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, which has 3 PCI slots and an integrated video card. I'm looking to play games. That's my aim with the card I get. Games that have a minimum requirement of Geforce 6600 or Raydeon(sp?) 9500. So do cards with these capabilities come in PCI compatible forms? And I want one that give me reasonably good play, not just a slideshow.

A:Good quality gaming PCI cards for Dimension

http://www.techspot.com/vb/post652678-780.html

Pretty much the best you can get in PCI format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-quality-gaming-pci-cards-for-dimension.110610/
Relevancy 26.66%

I?ve lost the ability to see the picture when playing videos. The problem occurred after updating to windows service pack 3. I?ve tried uninstalling all my codec?s and re installing them (k-lite mega) also tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for my video card to no avail,

Its almost as if the files are playing fine just not showing me the picture . for instance if i use winamp to play the files it allows me to manipulate the windows as if there was a video playing and the winamp symbol disappears from the middle of it.

Video inspector confirms that all the codecs are there and theoretically its should play.

A:Service Pack 3 disabled picture in video playback

Try VLC media player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It sounds as though you may need to uninstall your Video Player (winamp ?) And do a fresh install of it, using the latest from the web.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/service-pack-3-disabled-picture-in-video-playback.110147/
Relevancy 28.38%

I put my pc into storage for 6 months now i get no picture on monitor, box starts/lights up fan runs.
This comp was not built by myself and my knowledge is limited at best,its 4 years old pentium 4,80gb hd,2400 amd athlon,256 ram after this .........
ides please ludvik

A:No picture

Re-Confirm that you are plugging in the VGA cable to the correct VGA connector on the back of the computer (some have two)

You this could be anything!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture.106942/
Relevancy 30.53%

help my pc can only show 8bit color quality and i cant adjust it to 32bit......i reformated then this happend.....i have a Intel Desktop Board D845GVFN im using the built in graphics card......do i need to download a driver?!?!?

A:My built-in graphics card, has 8bit only color quality, after i reformated it

i tried it but it didnt help......i downloaded the exact driver for that motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-built-in-graphics-card-has-8bit-only-color-quality-after-i-reformated-it.107695/
Relevancy 26.66%

ok so I put in a new p5k-c mobo, a used (tested) e6300 intel with a thermaltake max orb heatsink and fan, ati 2600 pro new, 160gb seagate hd new and 2 gb dual channel pc5400 ddr2 new. I hooked that all up and turn the power on the psu. i get a green light on my motherboard.i turn the computer on success everything powered on then it seemed like it restarted and booted again but the monitor did not turn on at all. any solutions for me ?

all my connections are set right for sure!

A:Custom built pc, boots fine, but no display picture

Cold boot to SAFE MODE to see if you get a low resolution on the screen. If so, you probably have a defective video graphics drivers.
Otherwise, you either have the wrong video graphics unit for that motherboard,,, or a defective one... I suspect your used one is used up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-built-pc-boots-fine-but-no-display-picture.107240/
Relevancy 31.82%

Someone from the internet told me this about an MP Collection that I had The collection is good but the MP if Genuine About Quality MP3 Questions is Determining quality is not All the files are re-encodes and were not originally sourced Questions About Determining if MP3 Quality is Genuine from lossless audio Rather disappointing By the way the MP files mentioned are labeled KBPS CONSTANT BIT RATE in their tag data and they are in technically KBPS CONSTANT BITE RATE I asked him to explain to me how he knew that these MP s were re-encoded from a lossy audio format but he never replied back after I asked him two times and months have passed he or she hasn t replid So here is my question How do I know if my MP file is re-encoded from a lossless file Questions About Determining if MP3 Quality is Genuine format What program do I use to determine this Is it my only optione to use my listening abities How do I know if my KBPS MP file is re-encoded from another MP with a lower bit rate What program do I use to determine this Is it my only option to use my listening abilities By the way these files were not ripped from me or from my CD s and they aren t downloaded through music distribution and sales software like Itunes and Rhapsody etc nbsp

A:Questions About Determining if MP3 Quality is Genuine

as far as i'm aware (and of course subject to correction) there is no way besides your own ears to tell between a 320 kb mp3 from a lossless/CD or a 320 thats just been beefed up from a lossy format.
basically, a 320 thats from a lossy version will sound exactly like the lossy version, so i suppose if you were to downgrade the encryption and notice a difference then it would at least be likely that it came from a good source.

hope that helps at least a little.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-about-determining-if-mp3-quality-is-genuine.106574/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm a newbie and have partitioned my hard drive like someone recommended and need to use one of the other partitions for my picture files but I need advice on how exactly this is done. I'm using windows xp and have four partitions of 10 gb each, two of which are formatted and the other two are not. the os is on the first partition C and D is empty and formatted. it's been a while since I did this so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

A:Need help storing picture files

dreux456 said:

I'm a newbie and have partitioned my hard drive like someone recommended and need to use one of the other partitions for my picture files but I need advice on how exactly this is done. I'm using windows xp and have four partitions of 10 gb each, two of which are formatted and the other two are not. the os is on the first partition C and D is empty and formatted. it's been a while since I did this so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advanceClick to expand...

1. click on start
2. click on run
3. type; compmgmt.msc
4. click okay
5. click on storage
6. click on disk management

look to your lower right had panel there are pictures of the HDDs look for the ones that are not formated. Right click on the ones that are not formated and then click on format from the drop menu when you select right click on the device.

Once done their should be E, F or F G depends on your next drive letter. Creating folders is easy just right on the new formated drive in MY comptuer click on new folder, then on rename it. Drop the images in.

If you need more help just post it here...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-storing-picture-files.106165/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok what happens is as the title say my quot monitor goes black for about seconds then the black for second back goes 2 picture comes Monitor then picture comes back comes back the monitor power light does not go out so i know its not the monitor going of and on It happens while watching movies and just doing every day normal work on the systems This is happening on system which are being Monitor goes black for 2 second then picture comes back built for friends System quot ACER AL W x Asus M A - VM not the HDMI Monitor goes black for 2 second then picture comes back version AMD Athlon x W Dual core socket AM Ghz KB x L cache System - OCZ DDR PC - mhz Platinum XTC Revision x GB sticks Seagate Barracuda GB SATA HD rpm LG GH NS Black SATA DVD-Writer x watt power supply pins Model number IP-S AQ - made by POWER MAN System quot ACER AL W LCD x Hz Asus M A - VM X onboard graphics not the HDMI version AMD Athlon x W Dual core socket AM Ghz KB x L cache Mushkin HP - DDR - High Performance Series x GB sticks Seagate Barracuda GB SATA HD rpm Hauppauge WinTV GO-PLus NTSC REV E TV tuner the one with the mushkin ram LG GH NS Black SATA DVD-Writer x watt power supply pins Model number IP-S AQ - made by POWER MAN - Increased the voltage to the ram to volts that solved the ram problems i had would crash everytime i ran memtest or any memory test software - Replaced the motherboard on one system to eliminate a problem with the on board video or the dvi port - Used different ram on one system to make sure it wasn t the ocz ram which is why one has mushkin Changed to the vga cable to see if that solved the problem checking now by watch movies one at a time Next thing i will do is change to a quot to see if it happens there I want to have both dvi and vga working fine so my friend can use the dvi for the computer and the vga for here laptop Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Monitor goes black for 2 second then picture comes back

Not really a trouble shooter but have you checked the drivers are compatable? and that the os is supported for each.
Newbie, but just a thought.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-2-second-then-picture-comes-back.102084/
Relevancy 31.39%

Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much?

for example with Coax i know the gold connectors worked better then silver connectors. So my question is do the cables red yellow and white connectors have high and low quality cables or they all the same. If they have high quality cables what are the names of them and where can i find them.

A:Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Red,White audio RCA are much the same.
It's haveing and useing a SVHS video cable instead of Yellow RCA.
If your TV has it for VCR's etc.that have it out.
But it also depends where you are.This is a N American reply,not GB.
Add your location to your Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-audio-video-cables-quality-matter-much.104072/
Relevancy 21.93%

Im in an office where by we are around 10-20 users on the LAN.im not the network administrator, but i would like to know a way i would block a user from downloading because it really slows us down ...any advice?

A:How to stop a user from downloading on a LAN

yes, well i think go to 192.0.0.1 and figure ur self threw its really easy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-a-user-from-downloading-on-a-lan.103413/
Relevancy 31.82%

when i try to record "what i hear" i have to uncheck the stereo mix mute in the options of the control panel of the drivers, but whats the problem.. when i record what i hear sound i got very low quality.. i tryed to record with differend extensions as mp3 and wav but the result is the same.. i think that the problem are the Realtek HD Audio Drivers so please help..

i use winxp home edition sp2 and for record focus mp3 recorder pro and fraps (get the same results)

thnx in advance, jREV

A:Realtek HD Audio Drivers: low quality

What is your computer's make and model? You can go to the manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest audio drivers. Is XP fully updated from Microsoft's Update website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-drivers-low-quality.102570/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have around a $200 budget for a video card. I currently have a geforce 7900 gs but i want something better. Im looking for a glossy sharp image that looks like hd quality.

What is a good ms rate for lcd monitors ( i play online games)
What card would you recommend for 200 bucks
should the geforce 7900 gs give off a glossy image ( could my Acer AL1916w be a ****ty monitor?)

What would you recommend for a hdmi quality picture??????

A:Best Picture Quality

A 4-5ms response time is good enough, but lower is better.
The 8800GT is the king in the sub-$200 price bracket.
And no, the card is okay.
Lastly, bear in mind that picture quality also depends on the resolution you view it at. A game played at 1600x1200 looks noticeably smoother than when it's at 1024x768. Dittto for video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-picture-quality.101213/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys,
i would like your opinions on which brand of routers do you think is the best and most user-friendly to use. By user-friendly i mean that it is easy to configure and there are sufficient step-by-step instructions on the manual to help you set up a successful connection.

I have been using a Planet XRT-401C and i highly advise you NOT to use it. There's simply insufficient instructions given on the manual on how to configure it. I also keep having connection issues (limited connectivity) when connecting 2 of my PCs using this router.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

A:The best and most user-friendly router to use?

Cisco is the best, but expensive
Netgear is very easy.
LinkSys and DLink are relatively easy and offer more downloads and install help online than most others.
Consider the LinkSys WRT330N, or the DLink Router which includes wireless, which is a dream to setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-and-most-user-friendly-router-to-use.100896/