Windows Support Forum

Properties window tabs

Q: Properties window tabs

Anyone know of a list of useful properties window extensions?

I have added a mediainfo tab and a file hashing tab and I quite like the idea of having useful apps right there.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Properties window tabs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Properties window tabs

Put to many and it can slow things down...
Moderation everything in moderation you'll live longer and healthier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/195825-properties-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 21.93%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 22.36%

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master case w o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added more side fans mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all http www coolermaster com product Detail cooling case-fan sickleflow-x-non-led html or with the led probably and another question I have my cpu which is oced to and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i - k it currently runs on but I w/o window Cooler Master 431 Side Cooling wish Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling to push it abit more could u list some good air coolers on the euro margin the hyper evo is in my mind but will it be enough nbsp

A:Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

That is a good cooler, but I personally like at your budget range the Thermaltake CLP0575 Frio http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106178

But either will do you fine for 4.0ghz on a 3570k

As for more airflow, adding more fans can help, but make sure to just focus on having a good overall flow through the case which will be a huge benefit in general.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-431-w-o-side-window-cooling.192814/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of a good mod guide, or has even done a 500R window mod. I mean replacing the mesh and putting in a window. If you could guide me towards something decent I would appreciate that.

baN

A:Corsair 500R side panel window mod

http://www.overclock.net/t/1359085/case-mod-build-log-corsair-500r-side-panel-window-mod
Overclock.net is great for hardware mods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-500r-side-panel-window-mod.190190/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hell o folks I m new to this site but liked the help that people were getting here so I joined the forum I have a windows trailing problem with some flashing white screen When I size down a window to move it across the screen it has a string of windows following it anywhere from to then they clear up after coming to a stop Some times trailing Window I get a flashing white screen while moving the window I have replaced the drivers and Window trailing even downloaded the ones from this site but still have the problem I have had the graphics card Window trailing replaced along with the monitor The laptop is only about yrs old I have worked with the Dell tech support but the problem still exist Following are my laptop specs Studio Windows Bit Q Ghz gig hard drive gig Ram ATI Radeon HD DirectX A I can still work in the computer but it s annoying to have the screen flash at times and have the windows leave a trail of itself while moving them around Thanks for your time Dan nbsp

A:Window trailing

If you have a valid windows key and disk I would recommend putting a fresh install of windows on it. Should clear everything up. Sounds like something is using a lot of your memory ie. spyware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-trailing.178263/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes. This has just started happening. Whichever window I have open, once I close the window I have the imprint of the window on the next window I open or on the desktop if no window is open. There are also vertical lines down the screen like you get on a TV set that are very pronounced. I have an ATI Radeon 4800HD series card running the lates drivers on a WINXP Pro system. I've tried going through all the setting but still can't get this to disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Verity25

A:Background shadows from previous open window

its either the graphics card or monitor that is slowly dieing, but from the windows staying open issue i would put my money on the GPU being the issue, do you have onboard graphics on your motherboard? if so take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/background-shadows-from-previous-open-window.172107/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hy there.

I have jack headphones and sometimes when I wanna listen to the computer when i'm connecting headphones the sound is a surrounding one. Can I change the properties of it?
I mention I inserted them in the keyboard slot, but if I insert them to the PC the sound is good.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Changing jack headset properties

You mentioned you plugged the headphones into your keyboard. Could you provide the details of your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-jack-headset-properties.169190/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-detects-3-25gb-ram-when-i-installed-4gb.166367/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-with-one-window-at-a-time.161186/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm using a Mac Pro (desktop) but running it exclusively in Windows XP 64-bit. Until recently, all 16 GB of RAM was working correctly. Now however only 8 GB of RAM shows up under system properties and DxDiag. However, CPU-Z from CPUID shows 8 slots of memory each with 2 GB (which is indeed what is loaded). Why is there this discrepancy and how can I make the machine use all of it again? Thanks.

A:Memory missing from system properties

Has the machine been moved? Even though some software is correctly reporting the memory it would be worthwhile opening it up and checking all the sticks of memory are firmly pushed down and correctly seated in the slots. I'd guess the different software has different methods of querying the system properties. Some might actually query the memory, others might just query what the bios reports which might register the ram details even if it isn't functioning properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-missing-from-system-properties.159844/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Dell computer that my customer could not BIOS in Strange setup tabs boot up Upon further investigation I found the hard drive was failing as to the obvious and constant spinning up and stopping it was obviously doing The customer bought a new seagate SATA gb hard drive to get vista back on and the machine back up and running After connecting the Strange BIOS tabs in setup hard drive I noticed a few strange things happening But it s been so spiratic I havent been able to pin down a specific one so bear with me here A few times it froze at the hp boot screen Other times it Strange BIOS tabs in setup would run past that and boot from the vista install disc and into the beginning of the installation only to run into a blue screen error Most Strange BIOS tabs in setup confusing of all and my getting to my point now is when I finally went into F for the bios setup to check things out Looking at the standard Pheonix Bios screen I noticed the tabs above read as follows First Tab Main Second tab Advanced Third tab oweb Fourth tab Boot and the fifth tab reads Epid Now the Epid I know is supposed to be Exit and I have no clue what the heck oweb is but something is really screwed with the bios I m just not sure where to go next as I have NEVER seen this before nbsp

A:Strange BIOS tabs in setup

"...the hard drive was failing as to the obvious and constant spinning up and stopping it was obviously doing"...

This sounds like a failing power supply. The power supply could be affecting the bios display too. Try pulling the CMOS battery, with the computer unplugged and replacing the battery back in the motherboard, then booting the computer back up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-bios-tabs-in-setup.156522/
Relevancy 30.53%

Under the printing preferences the Paper/Output tab sometimes shows up with nothing in it. It's a Xerox 7232 and is attached to a network.

A:Properties not showing up for printer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You see the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/properties-not-showing-up-for-printer.156746/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey there Mildly tech savvy Metrologist stuck trying to reformat my laptop I don t know the specifics of my motherboard or any other hardware i have in my laptop for that matter yea its one of those guys But i do know that i am trying to wipe XP off of my laptop and play around with other OS capabilities Here is where i run into a problem I originally tried erasing it through Linux it being my C drive hell just accessing it through Linux but to no avail The next step was to download and create a dos boot CD That worked but Murphy is an and it seems that i can only see the drive that the boot disk is on so my CD I am assuming my hard my a computer out window Dos boot drive is a format DOS can not read which leaves me stuck wondering Dos boot my computer out a window how i go about the task of brutally murdering my windows software Thank you for your time and patience Paintertexas nbsp

A:Dos boot my computer out a window

Be sure you are booting to the CD, almost any CD with an operating system on it, or a format program.

Once you reach that CD, you should find you can remove the partition or format the partition, unless your optical drive has gone bad.

Or go on line and search for one of the free partition managers to remove the partition,

Then use your operating system Cd to create a new partition, then format the partition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dos-boot-my-computer-out-a-window.151425/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am on son's Clevo laptop and they tell me they have not had sound for a very long time.

I check, download and install latest drivers from the Clevo website, but still no sound.

I have deleted all device drivers and allowed Windows to rediscover the drivers again - everything went well but found a PCI device that could not find drivers for so put the yellow Exclamation Mark - but still no Audio Device.

I checked the BIOS, there is no option to turn on/off the sound so I presume audio is turned on as everything is integrated, but still the Sounds and Audio Device Properties says that there are No Audio Devices. So either the device is faulty or there is some other way of being able to get the computer to recognise the Audio Devices.

If there is any suggestion(s) it would be greatly appreciated.

David

A:Onboard sound but 'No Audio Device' in device properties

Sometimes kids overdrive the audio chips until they overheat and burn out. If burned out, it will not detect.
Might be time to disable the onboard sound and install an external sound card and software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-sound-but-no-audio-device-in-device-properties.149588/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 59.34%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi a short while ago I had to replace my graphics card GT Can't display get into properties and ended up replacing it with an MSI HD my problem is now that the card is in and working if I right click on the desktop and choose properties the display options screen doesn t open I can t get into it through Control Panel either I thought it was maybe off screen if the desktop was extended but it doesn t appear in task manager either There is a slight problem with drivers atm but not sure if it is connected when I boot into XP I get a dialogue box saying quot fail to load nvcpl dll quot as a result I have run driver sweeper in safe mode to remove nvidia display drivers and reinstalled the ATI ones Can't get into display properties - no change I have tried uninstalling the ATI Catalyst software as I thought that may be getting in the road somehow but no change The most annoying thing is that I normally don t have a screensaver on as I don t leave my monitor on when I m not using it but had for a particular night set a screensaver to whatever the lowest time interval is so now I can t change that if anyone has any suggestions I will be all ears edit just noticed if I have no browser windows open then for a split second I can see part of a window open when I try to get into display properties then it vanishes nbsp

A:Can't get into display properties

That appears to a driver install issue. That could be caused by a defect in the drive itself.
Have you tried going into the Device Manager and removing or disabling what you have, then rebooting and trying a new install... or going back to the previous driver on their website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-display-properties.136101/
Relevancy 30.53%

I had a samsung hard drive originally in computer. Now have installed a seagate 200gb hard drive. My question is why won't the computer recognize the seagate 200gb? Instead the computer still recognizes the 64 gb samsung hard drive even though it is not installed. Where are all of my gbs? I have run the Flash Bios update that Was recommended by Compaq but after doing that come up with a Check sum issue. Would greatly appreciate any help here.

A:Properties for hard drive

OK, I probably can't get you past the check sum issue with the BIOS. And the answer to your problem may have something to do with the age of your computer. But I see you've been waiting a day so here are a few thoughts that might help.

The first thing I would do is boot up the machine and see if I can get into BIOS. If you can, tell the BIOS to redetect the primary drive - assuming you've replaced the old drive and not simply added a new one. Then save and your machine will restart. That's the quick and easy solution. And who knows? Will probably clear up the checksum problem. If this doesn't work...

Go to your manufacturer's site (like Dell, Gateway, eMachine (also Gateway), HP...). In your case Compaq? The site should have your original set up, but you have to know your model number or serial number or order number, etc. If your machine is old you may have to look in the Archived support area. But from your note, you may be past that. You should be able to get all the specs, including the BIOS manufacturer here. The user's manual may have a way to clear/reset BIOS via a jumper setting. (I THINK that's right.)

When you flash the BIOS, you have to be very careful and follow instructions exactly. Depending on which BIOS you have (Award, Phoenix, AMI, etc.) you may be able to get help on their site if not Compaq's.

Now, as to the HD, you need to have the correct cable, it needs to be attached properly, and your machine needs to be able to handle it. You may not have this problem but here's a very nice (old) site that explains:
http://www.mikeshardware.com/howtos/howto_connect_ide_hd.html

Also, with cable select (CS) the problem of setting up the BIOS should be gone. But if you have a very old machine, you may need to go into the BIOS and specify your new drive. Also, I believe some older machines simply can not handle large drives. I don't know if simply upgrading the BIOS can overcome this. It has something to do with HD sectors and that's all I know. (I think there's also something weird about Compaqs?)

I think that should cover it. But to get better help, post your system specs. At least the type of Compaq. BIOS name and version, number of drives: DVD, CD, HD.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/properties-for-hard-drive.131420/
Relevancy 22.36%

ok so ive googled yahood asked jeeves then strangled him from my frustration a also tried the nvidia forums but (video out it card) window the to About throw no avail at least here people actually look at your problem About to throw it out the window (video card) using a Nvidia Geforce GFX Im trying to set About to throw it out the window (video card) it up so i can watch movies from my computer on my tv Id prefer rather than a multi-display to have a cloned display cant happen either way yet So while trying to get the full view on my tv start bar and such i can only get the upper left corner so i wait it out and it reverts back to my monitor where i can see everything I tried adjusting the resolution for my tvs settings but still the same area shows up My tv is not a flat panel or hd it is however a quot im guessing sony projection tv im trying to run s-video from my pc into Any ideas or should i do as the title says Thanksss i dunno wtf i did but i also managed to get a blue screen of About to throw it out the window (video card) doom when i restarted with and without svideo plugged in so atm im using onboard nbsp

A:About to throw it out the window (video card)

Can you provide a little more info on your complete system specs? Nvidias NVIEW software may be needed to properly configure this card for dual displays. 1024x768 is the maximum TV resolution

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-to-throw-it-out-the-window-video-card.122997/
Relevancy 19.35%

Yup, it's that crazy Moose again.

And this time I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a plexiglass window for the left side of my case. It's an eMachines T3958.

And no I will not use a chainsaw, as I'm sure some will recommend!

Was wondering if there's anybody who already has done this, and if they'd offer some pointers about what and WHAT NOT to do. Best kind of plexi?

I don't wanna just start cutting away with some tin snips, then hope I come out with something that looks good.

LED fans are like $4 from newegg. I'd like to mount one of those someplace too!

Or maybe four? lol

A:Best way to make a "window" for case?

Have you thought about a razor box cutter? Or even a glass cutter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-make-a-window-for-case.120448/
Relevancy 30.96%

Whenever I right click on my desktop and go to properties, I can't find the taps until I change the theme of my desktop. and here's the tabs after I change the theme: Can someone tell me how to fix it without changing the themes? Is there a particular reason for it?

A:Can't find tabs

Please be a bit more specific as to what you mean between the two images.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-tabs.107487/
Relevancy 21.93%

I downloaded a couple of arcade game demos from Kraisoft very good actually but the problem is that they only appear in a smallish box in the middle of my screen There are no options in the game menu to go to full screen mode I sent an e-mail to Kraisoft about it and they sent me back a brief reply saying quot The problem with the games running not in full-screen mode is typically caused by multi-monitor out settings of video card You may need to open display properties choose quot Advanced quot in Attributes tab and adjust monitor out settings to turn multi-monitor out of quot What does that mean I went to Display Settings Advanced and there are a lot of tabs there but I don t know which ones to open window on screen Games small only laptop my in a tweak I have XP Home One box shows a diagram of two screens named and Only is activated It is set at x or something similar That s the maximum screen resolution available when I m using the computer normally The non-activated screen is set at x much smaller anyway Why do I have two screen options at all As must be obvious from this post I m rather lost so if anyone could provide a few simple instructions on how to get the games to play in full screen I d be really grateful Thanks nbsp

A:Games only open in a small window on my laptop screen

Most laptops have a SVGA (video) output to connect to a projector for presentations, or to a monitor (so you dont have to stare at the laptop screen when at home). Typically to disable, you should be able to go into the display settings (where you see the two monitors), click on the secondary monitor, and select disable. Otherwise, you must click advanced, and locate the option to disable the secondary output (typically a check box).

You should be able to contact your system manufacturer for specific information and steps. Otherwise, please provide the model number of the laptop.
Thanks,
Bug

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-only-open-in-a-small-window-on-my-laptop-screen.15440/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have been working on a (Text/Graphics) Contents Fit Some Programs of Don't in Software Window strangle problem on my wife s Gateway ROG with Windows XP service pack for quite some time Some programs do not fit inside of the windows For example the Epson printer software graphics and text are cut off by the right side Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window of the window of which they appear and the user can not see the entirety of Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window the contents and hence can not select and click much less see options on what should be the right side of the window SuperAnti-Spyware Free edition also does the same thing Apparently for whatever reason these two software programs display their contents inside a window differently than most other software programs which are not displayed correctly inside their respective windows Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window For the record this used not to be a problem I have tried re-installing the Epson printer software the printer works fine I have also tried removing and reinstalling the video device driver software This does not work either It is a ATI Mobility Radeon Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window

Could it be that your display resolutions are wrong?

i doubt it has anything to do with your epson software, since it happens with others..

The normal resolution you should keep your monitors at is to the highest supported by both monitor and graphics card. DPI however, can be altered, found under the advanced properties (display properties>Settings>Advanced..) of your graphics card. Try altering that to the Normal setting and see if it makes a difference..

have you also tried getting the latest software updates available for your graphics card and others you have problem with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/contents-of-some-software-programs-text-graphics-dont-fit-in-window.99471/
Relevancy 22.36%

My laptop was working fine then the other day I went to use it and it froze so I rebooted and got this message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM When I was finally able to get to the point where I could choose safemode this is what came up Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM ntoskrnl exe Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM hal dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM KDCOM DLL Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM BOOTVID dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system alt Then after a pause it would tell me to use the original disk to repair but that s not working I don t know what else to try but my financial files are there and I REALLY need those - don t care about the rest of it Is there something I will be able to do to regain access or some other way that the info will be able to be retrieved nbsp

A:HELP! Can't access Window XP even in safe mode

The laptops hard drive is probably bad. You will need to have a new drive installed and the OS (operating system) reloaded. Can you do this, or will you need to take the laptop to a repair shop? After the laptop is up and running again, there may be a way to retrive you data on the old drive, by placing the drive in an external USB laptop hard drive enclosure. Backing up those important financial files might be a good idea from now on. Can you recover them from your financial institution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cant-access-window-xp-even-in-safe-mode.97778/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop with a GeForce 7800 video card and a 22" Dell LCD display in dual-display mode (one big desktop). When I ALT-TAB from one app to another, I would like my pointer to jump to the new application automatically (so I don't have to manually move it all the way across the big desktop by hand). Lazy? Yes, I am. Thanks for any help.

A:How to make pointer context jump (focus) to window

Try the Snap To option in the Mouse Properties->Pointer Options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-pointer-context-jump-focus-to-window.93645/
Relevancy 22.79%

Where can one download Window drivers as am trying to find drivers for Samsung SP1203N window drivers - any ideas?

A:Window Drivers - where

Hard drives do not need any drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-drivers-where.93404/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there:

My WD 320 ATA100 hard drive were working as an additional storage. It used to work well. One day, I removed the drive and then plugged it in again, and Window XP does not detect it!
I open My Computer/Manage/Disk management and find the drive there marked as "Unallocated" (which must be initialized to be "healthy")

I am concerned if it got initialized, my files kept therein will be deleted. Please teach me what to do.

Thank you.

A:Window XP does not detect additional storage drive

I have a few questions:

1) Is it a new drive? Did you format it when you got it?
2) Did you change anything on your computers?
3) Did you try mapping it? Right click on the drive in disk management and assign it a drive letter. Does it show now?
4) Have you tried it on other computers? Does it work?
5) If it works on other computers, did you try other usb slots? How about other devices, do they work? Flash drives?

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-xp-does-not-detect-additional-storage-drive.59749/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all, I've cut a window in my pc.

I have decided that i want to put the TS logo on my window.

Julio, if you should see this, do i need permission from you?

I have 2 different ideas so far. 1 to paint the logo with a uv reacting paint as i have 4 uv tubes inside my case. 2 to cut the TS logo out of another piece of clear acrylic and stick the letters onto the inside of the window and light them with led's.

Just wondered if anyone had anything to add or any better ideas?

A:Case window mod idea!

What did you use to make the cut?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-window-mod-idea.86288/
Relevancy 22.79%

hello everybody. i just bought a new HP Pavilion dv6426us. and was just wondering about windows vista. how come i can chat in a chat room in Yahoo????????// can anybody help.

A:window vista need help

How come you CAN chat in a chat room in yahoo, or how come you CAN'T chat?
Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-vista-need-help.88038/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a laptop which is wirelessly networked to my router.
Whenever i run a new Internet Explorer window, the screen freezes and it take 5-10 seconds for the homepage to load. But when i click a link on a page that opens a new window, it'll load straight away.

How do i fix this?

A:new IE window slow to load

what homepage do you use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ie-window-slow-to-load.87265/
Relevancy 22.36%

My games crash to desktop roughly every minutes before i had my audio driver installed it crashed about every hours i used the only drivers i could find heres my specs Operating System System Model Windows XP desktop on window xp to Crash Games Home Edition Service Pack build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ASUSTeK Computer INC P S -X REV xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software Inc ASUS P S -X ACPI BIOS Revision Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space X X CD-RW CD-ROM drive SONY CD-RW CRX EE CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC Games Crash to desktop on window xp WD JB- JJC Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAM rev Games Crash to desktop on window xp C SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM has MB Games Crash to desktop on window xp Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon KID PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin ASPNET never Guest PM HelpAssistant PM SUPPORT a never DISABLED Marks a disabled account LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account HP DeskJet C C C C on lynn HP DeskJet C C C C hp officejet series on lynn hp officejet series Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce Display adapter Winvnc video hook driver Display adapter hp mx Monitor quot vis September Bus Adapters Multimedia SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller SAA TV Card - Video Capture Screaming Bee Audio SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Standard Game Port TV Capture Card Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter primary IP Address Gateway Physical Address C E E FE Networking Dns Server HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device PS Compatible Mouse Generic USB Hub Ideazon Zboard Composite Keyboard Device x USB Root Hub x Nokia i Virus Protection Back to Top avast antivirus VPS - Version Realtime File Scanning On Someone please answer i want to play my game nbsp

A:Games Crash to desktop on window xp

My first reaction if your games are crashing is to check that you are using the latest DirectX 9.0c. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

If they still crash, then download and install the latest driver for your video card.

Repost if you're still having problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crash-to-desktop-on-window-xp.84868/
Relevancy 22.79%

I bought a x xt ATI RADEON graphics card It won t work with my gateway motherboard Can I switch to a motherboard that will support it or will that be a pain in the I am just a novice computer my I out Please throw the pc window! Before Help geek so I don t really feel comfortable replacing the motherboard Of course dh is determined for me to make the damn card fit Does anyone know of Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window! any compatible cards that are comparable with the He plays a civil war game that is shotty at best with our old mb crappy pci card Suggestions I have pci slots and PCI-E x slot but it is at the top of my slots and won t let me insert my x xt card DVD Drives or Decoder Cards - NEC DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Hard Drives - -GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive Keyboards - Premium Black PS Keyboard Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader Memory - MEM DDR MB PC Mice - Silver and Black PS Wheel Mouse Modems - K PCI Modem - K PCI Data Fax Modem Motherboards - Intel South Lake P Motherboard R Power Supplies - -Watt Power Supply Speakers - Analog Speakers nbsp

A:Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window!

Is the x850xt PCI-e? If so why won't it fit? If it won't fit because the case doesn't allow it, then just get a new case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-please-before-i-throw-my-pc-out-the-window.79026/
Relevancy 30.53%

I went to adjust my recording sections in volume

volume controls >> options >> Properties >> Recording

BUT,

recording is greyed out, how to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-properties-problem.78697/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a dual monitor setup on my Windows XP. To replace a monitor, I moved everything to 1 monitor and checked it as the primary monitor and unchecked "extend my desktop" for both monitors. The second monitor went black - as expected.

I replaced the monitor and now want to switch back to my dual monitor mode. However, when I right-click>properties, the display properties are not displaying on my primary monitor.

How do I get them onto the viewing monitor if I can't see it?

A:Where's my Display Properties

If you give us the specs of your syst. video card and such. some one might be able to help you. I use a NVIDIA video card, I can go to the Control Panel, and Display Settings then, Advanced, then to my video card, and set it there but it will be different in different video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wheres-my-display-properties.76498/
Relevancy 22.36%

I got this error while i'm trying to install window xp

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If it is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer and take these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007b (parameter 1, parameter 2, parameter 3, parameter 4)

I can't get into this page while installing window xp

the error occured just before this page....

Anybody know what is the problem???

A:Can't install window XP (error *** STOP: 0x0000007b)

It either doesn't like your hard drive OR simply doesn't recognize it.

Have you set up your bios for the type of hard drive you are installing?

You have to read your mobo manual and set the bios up correctly FIRST.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-window-xp-error-stop-0x0000007b.74617/
Relevancy 22.36%

My computer is not getting up to the windows loading screen i have used different moniters but it still goes black. I tryed rebooting the computer over adn over again.What should I do?

A:Computer is not getting to the window loading screen

Try pressing and keep holding down the F5 key while you switch on your PC untill you get to a black screen with menu options ,from there choose the "Safe Mode" option, if this gets you to your desktop restart again holding down the F5 key but this time choose the "Start in VGA Mode" option from the menu

if this works re-adjust your display to your prefference

Cheers HSC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-not-getting-to-the-window-loading-screen.69860/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone I am a newby and I need to know if someone can tell me what to do. I have changed my motherboard and it came with a new cpu and powersupply and I am running windows xp but it will not boot up to windows. I have a cd that came along with the mb but the computer will not let me boot from the cd or the floppy and it will not let me go to safe mode can someone give me some suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-to-window.69096/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently have a problem accessing the Properties sheet for a HDD in both Computer Management (CM) > Disk Management (DM) and My Computer. In either, when I right click the HDD and click Properties, the system hangs. This only happens on one HDD, the other 2 HDs open Properties fine, so it is only 1 that causes the problem. In DM the HDD shows Online, Basic, Healthy, NTFS, 1 partition -- all correct. The HDD is used to store Backup Images each night, and it does that correctly.

What could cause this problem with one HDD and not the others??

And what can be done to correct this problem??

Thanks.

A:HDD access to Properties sheet fails. Why??

Download and run hard drive diagnostic software, and check this drive for proper operation. It is possible the the drive will fail some SMART tests

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-access-to-properties-sheet-fails-why.66937/
Relevancy 23.22%

Title says it really. Here is a pic for anyone that is interested.

Sorry about the poor picture quality but i only have a cheapo webcam.

It's not finished by a long shot yet as I intend to fit probably 2 fans and, if possible, make a reservoir out of it too. As in the window being one side of the reservoir.

A:I cut my window at last:)

That looks awesome!

While on a topic of windows, I need advice. What do you use to cut the metal so perfectly? And do you use plexiglass or....? Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cut-my-window-at-last.66255/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have already ordered the parts for my computer, and I am still debating on what Case to get! I have come to the CoolerMaster Praetorian, but I am still unsure if I want a side window to my case..if anyone has any suggestions on some cool cases, or whether or not I should get a case with a side window, please feel free to comment!-Thank You

A:Side Window?

I have a case with a window it really only looks good if it is filled with LEDs and UV lights etc. I think now I would differently go with the p180, it looks to be the most neatest cases and is one of the best cases on the market http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

My case is linked in my Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/side-window.63891/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok i have computers a it throw the trouble with gonna Big window out networking dell deminsion and I am trying to use a wireless router to connect both to the internet I started by installing the router to the with cable to the router Then i installed a wireless card Big trouble with networking gonna throw it out the window in the The router i am using is a belkin wireless g router ghz- g The card is a wireless g desktop card Ok here s the skinny I got all the hardware installed i had the wireless card were it would see the router first BUT it couldn t connect to the net I have dsl through embarq Then i hooked it to the with a cable it s got ports on the back for cable output and it worked but when that happened my wireless card lost the router I m thinkin huh So i call tech support and they said that the router switched the wireless thingy in the router off when i did that So right now i have computers on that router through cables and it s workin but the wireless won t work also tech supp said that i had to get online to change the settings in the router so i thought WHAAAAA Wrong when i tryed the website it was supposed to be a belkin web site but it was the site to set up my dsl modem by the way the site thry gave me was quot quot Thanks for listening and if anybody could help i would be very ecstatic nbsp

A:Big trouble with networking gonna throw it out the window

First off, go to Belkin's (not your router) website and download the latest firmware update and install it.

And then, check hardware:
-Connect 1 PC to the DSL modem directly using the ethernet cable. Take all the phones and extensions (faxes, TAD etc) off the wall plugs if possible. See if you can connect to the internet, say google etc.
-If the above successful, add the phones etc back on, don't forget to use the adsl splitter as well. Check for stability again.
-Now add the router. Use the reset button first so everything's back in default and only connect the router to the PC via the cable only (for now). Configure your PC to either automatically receive IP addresses or set it to 192.168.2.3 or something. You can change the IP settings on your PC via the Network Connections and right clicking the LAN connections>Properties
-If the cable PC is ok, now we configure the wifi aspect. Go to the router's config page (192.168.2.1) in internet explorer or your browser and navigate to the Wireless settings. Set a name for it and leave it unsecured for now. With the PC thats wireless, connect to it.

Basicaly what i'm getting you to do is start from the minimum setup then work your way up when its OK, adding devices untill you find the fault. Post if you get stuck on any of the steps.

Next, have a read of this, it should help you a bit in trying to find out where the problem lies: basic networking. Post the relevant info here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/big-trouble-with-networking-gonna-throw-it-out-the-window.62089/
Relevancy 23.22%

I dunno if its just me or what!!! But, i just cant seem to find any rectangular case window kits available here in the UK!!!

Round ones, i can find plenty. But I don't want a round one i want a rectangular one, preferably with a blue tint!!

I just don't know where to look!!!!

A:I'm looking for a window!!!

I don`t know if this is what you`re after, but take a look HERE, HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-looking-for-a-window.60085/
Relevancy 29.67%

while burning dvd-r with Nero 7.0, the DVD-rw Drive on my sony MXS10 Pc show full under properties, does not play even a CD and does not read any dvd or cd..tried to reinstall driver from sony and from Pioneer ( by the way..drive is a DVR-103 Pioneer OEM), but did not work.
I have uninstalled Nero...nothing..tried restoring to previous system checkpoint...no dice..
Only thing I can think of is opening the Sony Pc (a pain in the back) and try to clean the laser beam...

any help will be greatly appreciated
Bosterix

A:dvd-rw on sony MXs10 pc shows full under properties-cannot play

A couple fo things, first never open a optical drive. just use compressed air thru the drive tray to blow out any debris. it sounds to me like your drive is failing. but there are a few things you can check. in devocemanager under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers check under the advanced tab for the channel the drive is on and see if ti is operating in DMA or PIO mode. it should be DMA. if it is in pio then uninstall the ide channel and reboot widnows. windows will reinstall the IDE channel and the drive on start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rw-on-sony-mxs10-pc-shows-full-under-properties-cannot-play.52747/
Relevancy 22.36%

How do i fix this problem?? >>> The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

A:The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

Try XP_FIX.exe
"This installaton program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files command.com, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

We recommend that you download this file and save it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this program."

Microsoft describe the manual method HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-system-file-is-not-sutible-for-ms-dos-and-microsoft-window.51648/
Relevancy 22.79%

Has this ever happened to anybody: Up until now, I thought had a pretty decent Envision 19" CRT monitor thats less than 2 years old. Now of all sudden the OSD settings window inadvertently keeps popping up in the middle of the screen so that I can't work on anything. The manual exit and menu buttons don't work either. I've updated the monitor and graphics card driver...all with NO effect. I'm posting this on the forums in an attempt to get at the bottom of this.

A:OSD settings window gone: BERZERK!

I'd say its a fault with the monitor, probably a poor solder joint somewhere. There are very dangerous voltages inside a monitor, so i don't recommend that you open it up.
Crt's are cheap these days, your best cause of action is to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/osd-settings-window-gone-berzerk.51224/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi
everytime i need help with anything like a game diagnostic a window comes up like this "windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not running" this has been here a long time.

A:problem with the help and support window

Click start then run, type in services.msc, scroll down to help and support, right click on it and select properties, in the startup type box select automatic. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-help-and-support-window.50672/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is a toughy to explain. I just started a new job and my PC is on XP. One of our applications does this. When I try to drag the window for this ONE application, the window bounces back to the original place...sometimes. Most of the time. My other coworkers are not on XP and they are not having this problem. But like I said, its just this one app.

A:trying to drag an open window and it bounces back

What application is it? Do your co-workers use the same application on different operating systems and when they drag the window it doesn't bounce back to the original place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-drag-an-open-window-and-it-bounces-back.45728/
Relevancy 22.36%

need the codecs for the window media player 10

A:codecs for window media player 10

It should download them automatically.More on Codecs for WMP -

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/codecs.aspx#howdoifindacodec

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0079.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/codecs-for-window-media-player-10.45626/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an Antec Sonata ( I think?), and I would like to find a clear window for the side. Please Help!

A:Help find a Case Mod Window for Antec!

You could probably buy plexiglass at home depot and ask them to cut it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-find-a-case-mod-window-for-antec.45012/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have a new iMac and a Windows Laptop. at present my iMac is connected to the broadband i would like to network the laptop and the mac wirelessly.
could you please let me know what wireless adapter for the iMac should i buy and what type of Access Point should i get. (considering the compatibility issue of the 2 platforms and the adapter and AP)

if possble also let me know of any websites that give details of how to share files between Mac and Windows

A:Networking a mac and window machine

There are no compatibility issues when it comes to networking hardware. That's what we have standards for. If it's WiFi, then it works with anything (well, if we forget buggy drivers and devices).

If you want to share the internet connection, then you want to get a wireless router, not a plain access point.

You might want to have all the devices from the ame manufacturer to get best compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-a-mac-and-window-machine.41771/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all,

I have a blue thermaltake xaser 3 case without a side window. I was wandering whether anybody knew of any other case windows that i could buy without having to mod my own. I heard a rumour that chieftec side panels fit the xaser 3 range...can anybody verify that for me. Or does anyone know where i can get a blue thermaltake xaser 3 side panel with window.

If this thread doesnt come up with any answers then i will have to do the mod myself...im just a bit worried that i will **** it up, thats all.

any ideas would be great thanks... :haha:

A:Side Window mod to thermaltake xaser 3

My friend brought his Xaser over one day and I believe I recall the case being slightly longer (deeper) than my Chieftec.

You're right to not want to mod your Xaser, I cut my friends window out larger with my dremel and I went through 2 HD discs on maybe 20 inches of metal

If you do decide to cut your own, just make alot of passes, like maybe 5 passes per cut. That or use a rotozip or a pneumatic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/side-window-mod-to-thermaltake-xaser-3.21158/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am using windowsXP and Realtek HD Audio Manager , When I go for yahoo conference chatting,I got the error "The Computers audio mixer could not be intialized". When I checked in google, it gives some thing to be doing Line In properties in Volume Control. But When I Click Volume Control (Speaker Icon) and select options and select properties, I didn't find Line In option or check box. WHat should I need to do to bring the Line In property. Do I need to reinstall the driver ? Or need to change to some setting.Pls help me on that..

Reply ASAP

Thanx in advance

Rajesh

A:Line In properties not available in Volume contol , using xp Realtek HD Audio Manager

You have to choose the Recording radio button to see input channels.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-properties-not-available-in-volume-contol-using-xp-realtek-hd-audio-manager.39310/
Relevancy 22.79%

Please Help!!!

I am trying to network 3 computers together!! Setup as follows:

Machine #1: Windows XP Home (connects to the internet using USB Modem)

Machine #2: Windows XP Pro Laptop

Machine #3: Windows 2000

Can get internet on all 3 machines via ICS but can only network the XP Home machine & Windows 2000 machine. The XP Pro machine will not network at all!!!!!

Any help would be greatly received.

Martyn

A:Networking Window Machines

Are they on the same workgroup? Did you try browsing by their individual IP addresses instad of their computer names?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-window-machines.38579/
Relevancy 22.79%

Here is my setup. I am having problems bneing able to see my computers in network places. I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop they all connect to a router and that is connected to a cable modem. All computers have XP. I go through the network setup and it says everything is fine then nothing shows up. I go to explorer and try to find it and I can't find it. What could be the deal?

A:Window xp networking issues

The deal is you not bothering to use search engines..

The search feature is your friend. I would give you the prize for being a visitor #100 asking the same bloody question again, but i'm not sure if you are #100 or #200..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-xp-networking-issues.36776/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am not able to install Adobe because quot another installation is in progress I can t cancel the previous effort to install PhotoGallery nor will it allow me to install a new version of Window Installer cleanup What I most recently was the program designed to resolved the difficulty - quot Windows Installer cleanup setup quot It with 4215HP installer multifunctional officejet Window problem seems ironic that is was prevented from installation My screen states quot Error No valid source could be for for product PhotoGallery the Windows Installer cannot continue quot It continues to try to install and continue to try to cancel the installation but to no avail I think that PhotoGallery may be a part of the hp officejet all-in-one printer or is could come from Adobe Photoshop What can I do to get past this I network with my wife s laptop and she has a similar problem Thanks for reading this A a day later and I can install NOTHING Because it tells me that another installation is in progress That previous installation which I do not recall asking for has been interrupted and will not be cancelled I can t shut down the computer properly but have Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP to force the shutdown Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP I am an older person with very limited technical skill and knowledge living in a foreign country Lend me you advice if not sympathy nbsp

A:Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP

A solution

I restored the system to the way it was a month ago and it took away the problem -for now. Thanks for reviewing my painful situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-installer-problem-with-multifunctional-officejet-4215hp.34187/
Relevancy 29.24%

System basics Windows SE MHz Pentium MB RAM FX HD Gone Desktop Nvidia Settings, Tabs, After Manager 5200 Swap A few days ago I replaced an ailing hard drive with a new Nvidia FX 5200 Settings, Tabs, Desktop Manager Gone After HD Swap Seagate and used the drive copy utility by CMS on the install CD to copy it to the new one Since that swap the settings functions for the Nvidia GeForce FX graphics card which I d installed a couple months ago and had been working fine have disappeared The video is working fine but the Nvidia icon is missing from the taskbar and when I go into the Windows Control Panel and click the Nvidia FX 5200 Settings, Tabs, Desktop Manager Gone After HD Swap Nvidia icon which is still there I get the hourglass for a couple seconds then nothing It won t open When I start a game - currently Tomb Raider Chronicles - and go into Settings most of the fields in the settings pop up are blank The top one quot Graphics Adapter quot reads quot NVIDIA GeForce FX - nvdisp drv quot - The Output Settings field is blank but when you click the dropdown arrow quot Core Design MMX Hardware Card Emulation quot is still there - Output Resolution and Texture Bit Depth fields are both completely empty - Sound Device has both quot Primary Sound Driver quot and in the dropdown quot SB Audigy ZS Audio quot as normal All other instances in which the Nvidia settings tabs were formerly present are gone - in the display preferences the system properties hardware profiles everywhere What I ve tried thus far I uninstalled everything even removed and re-seated the Nvidia card tried the latest Nvidia driver which I downloaded directly from the Nvidia website I uninstalled that and tried the old one from the CD that came with the card which is I uninstalled that and went to the archives at the Nvidia site and tried the previous version released March which was about the time I first bought the card All of these came up exactly the same - the screen graphics work fine but there are no Nvidia settings tabs anywhere to be seen only the Nvidia icon in the Windows Control Panel - and the game settings popup window has the blanked-out fields as described above What I haven t tried but will later this morning I m on the vampire shift right now Since I d heard that Nvidia drivers are maddeningly difficult to uninstall completely and that remnants lodged in odd nooks and crannies completely hose up newly-installed drivers I did a net search for a comprehensive Nvidia driver uninstaller program I found and downloaded a program called quot DriverCleaner quot from DriverHeaven net I didn t have time to start it up and try it before coming to work last night Is this just a case of an incomplete driver uninstall -or something else Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer lt gt nbsp

A:Nvidia FX 5200 Settings, Tabs, Desktop Manager Gone After HD Swap

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It is probably a good idea to run the Drivercleaner programme.

Go into add remove programmes, and uninstall anything to do with Nvidia.

Now run the cab cleaner first followed by the driver cleaner.

Reboot your system. Windows should install the generic vga driver.

Now install the latest drivers for your card from the Nvidia website.

Hopefully this should work.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-fx-5200-settings-tabs-desktop-manager-gone-after-hd-swap.27430/
Relevancy 22.79%

How much of a difference in signal gain is there by having an omni antenna placed indoors (in a window with line of sight to connecting pc's) compared with placing that antenna outdoors on a roof?

It would be much easier to place the omni in the window and then i wouldn't need to degrade signal by running cable...... but not sure how much signal strength/range i would lose by keeping the antenna indoors and inside of a window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/antenna-in-window-vs-roof.20618/
Relevancy 21.5%

Recently got a computer built for me with the sole intention of gaming The equipment on the PC should play any game out there very easily which it does I was playing Rome total War and my computer restarts I turned off McAfee Anti Virus and it does improve the problem but not totally Last night I downloaded Legend of Mir and tried to play the game I got on to the loggin server ok and entered my password and ID and proceeeded to the character screen On the final screen before entering the game I press ok to enter the game and it flashses quickly into the game then throws me back to windows Whats going on I have turned off my firewalls allowed full access both ways turned off my anti virus and still I get kicked back to windows This is so frustrating Maybe I should go buy an off the shelf pc again never had these problems before and I am not going to mention HalfLife Everything on the PC is normal so to speak and I have added McAfee Anti Virus Firewall Plus and Anti Spyware Oh finally online and throws game keeps and Computer to in wont let window restarting me me back the fan in the hard drive does blow alot could this be the problem Please help as you all know you wait ages to get the PC you always wanted and just when you start trying to play boom Computer keeps restarting and online game wont let me in and throws me back to window nothing Computer keeps restarting and online game wont let me in and throws me back to window and left feeling dejected Rgk nbsp

A:Computer keeps restarting and online game wont let me in and throws me back to window

Please Do Not Double Post ,The Same Issue!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-restarting-and-online-game-wont-let-me-in-and-throws-me-back-to-window.17915/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was just wondering if anyone knew any place that i could get a window kit... preferrably online... and without a credit card.. and in canada.. i know thats alot to ask lol. thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-kit.8613/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just upgraded from my Athlon XP 2100 with 512MB of PC2100, to an Athlon XP 2600 (model 8) with 512MB of Corsair PC2700.

After installing the processor and RAM I set the front side bus for 166mhz (since the processor and RAM is 333mhz).

I was able to boot up find, but right after POST when Windows was supposed to start loading I got a black screen and my monitor turned off (like my PC was off).

So, then I set the processor and RAM for 133mhz FSB again so I could figure out what was going on and make sure I could boot into Windows XP (which I could, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this right now).

The processor detects as a 2600+ when I set the FSB for 166 (333), I just can't load Windows and when I check CMOS I see that it is running at 170'F.

A:Athlon XP 2600+, 170'F, Window's wont boot

Almost all mobos now a days, will do what you said, make the screen just go completly black, however your PC will remain on, when your CPU is overheating. This is the mobos protection, making sure your CPU doesnt fry. If its 170'F at 133FSB your cooler most probbly isnt seated properly.

When I changed coolers, and forgot to plug the fan into my mobo, the comp stayed on for 10minz or so, then the screen went black, but the computer LED was still lit up indicating it was on. So I recon you get the problem you do, at 333FSB, becasue your CPU is overheating (then being saved from the mobos cpu protection). So i'd check that your cooler is seated properly, spinning (the fan), and you didnt forget anything like thermal paste when you swapped cpus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-2600-170f-windows-wont-boot.7895/
Relevancy 22.36%

Well, i'm gonna be getting this case soon, and there is a grill at the side on the window...
I was wondering if there are holes to mount a fan here...
I would like to put this fan on the side window of the case...
thanks...

A:Antec 1000 PlusView window fan question...

Yeah. Basically the fan goes on the inside of your case and the grill on the outside then screw it on and it holds it in place.

What case is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/antec-1000-plusview-window-fan-question.6359/
Relevancy 22.36%

I want to get rid of the window on my Antec Plusview 1000AMG and replace it with a window that does not have the 80mm fan mount because I don't use the fan mount and it just looks bad. As long as I can get a replacement that is a clear or blue window that would be great. Does anyone know where I can get this?

A:Want to change my Antec Plusview1000AMG window, how?

I'm sure you could probably buy one from Antec if you contact them and ask, though it might not be cheap. I'd recommend you take the window out and bring it to a glass shop. They should be able to cut you one from lexan or whatever material you want. I have a friend who owns a glass shop and he has done a few custom ones for people who have added windows, should be even less work for them since they will have your old one to use as a template.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-change-my-antec-plusview1000amg-window-how.5159/
Relevancy 22.79%

http www lanaddict com review php ID few months ago I was intrigued by a small number of Hard Drive Modifications Drive Hard Window Mod in which they put varied windows however none of which offered documentation Hard Drive Window Mod on how they did such a mod or even showed detailed instructions on how they did it Now I ve tried once before on an aging hard drive and it was a dismal failure after which many of my peers questioned my mental capacity claiming Hard Drives cannot be modified and opening a drive in the open without being in a Clean Room would destroy the data on the drive and render it useless Well here arose the challenge I had decided to prove them wrong After browsing the internet and seeing a few articles few tidbits of information I decided to set my eyes on a smaller hard drive from Ebay it ended up being a GB Quantum Fireball nothing fancy but at least I knew I wouldn t be wasting few precious saved dollars I had Now before I begin this article we must let everyone know about the boring legal information you probably expect to see This Article is for Educational use only and all steps are experimental which may be used as a guidelines however LAN Addict and our staff cannot be held responsible for any damages you may incur while attempting the modification We urge the extreme care when performing this modification for both safety and responsibility Click to expand http www lanaddict com review php ID nbsp

A:Hard Drive Window Mod

that is pretty kewl, but I would never attempt it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-window-mod.2815/
Relevancy 22.79%

when I launch outlook express a dial up connection window and a window telling me I have unsent mail appears! How can I rid myself of this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-errors.2052/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey gang,

Found this over at ipKonfig. This is a review of a nice window and light kit for your case, if you are interested. Enjoy.

Company: ZXmods
Author: Se7en
Date: March 26, 2002

For those of us pushing for a professional look to our cases, ZXmods has almost everything. Its best known products are the Sun Fan Grill and large line of Zantec Window mods. It also carries a variety of colors of Cold-Cathode lights, and these little beauties are about the best way to add the ultimate touch to a case.Click to expand...

Complete story here

ipKonfig.com

A:Light and Window kits

I posted my "Cooling Resources" links in other threads, most of which offer window & light kits.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-and-window-kits.903/
Relevancy 22.36%

I've recently bought a new 15.3" full HD laptop, and today I sat down with a mate to play an old java game that we've long enjoyed. Problem is, the game is tiny on this laptop and doesn't seem to get any bigger even when I set the resolution to its lowest.

Is there any way to resize the game so we can actually see what's going on?

Thanks

A:Java window tiny- any way to resize?

Probably the game does not recognise the screen dimensions being reported to it by your PC screen driver. It's too old and would need to be re-compiled. Some suggestions....

After changing the current screen resolution, did you actually reboot before trying the game?
Does the game need re-installing on your new hardware?
Does the game have any settings you can adjust from within it?
Is there a more recent download of the game?
What happens if you change the values in the 'embed' java statement of the link you gave?
Does the game or the author have a forum where you can get advice?

My best opinion for the most flexible solution is.....
Try running the game in a virtual PC where you can fool the game to think it is running on, for example, XP - it may simply be incompatible with win 8.1 or whatever you now have http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2010/12/19/five-best-virtual-machine-applications

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/java-window-tiny-any-way-to-resize.207809/
Relevancy 19.78%

Earlier, I downloaded a file and since then my computer have been acting strange! Please help with this issue as it refuse to let me download programs and denying me access.

A:"Window Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some"

Try doing a Windows Restore to an earlier date. You may also have a virus or other malware infection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files-but-was-unable-to-fix-some.213094/
Relevancy 22.36%

My default browser is Mozilla Firefox. I was playing with customizing the Outlook toolbar and found that if I use the search icon - BING opens in the MS outlook window and the links stay in the window. However, if I use the browser command, Firefox opened properly. Is there a method of keeping the browser in MS Outlook only ?

A:Browser in Outlook 2007 window

This and other reasons are why I never use these "Toolbar" add-ons - - they just get in the way and cause problems - - IMO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-in-outlook-2007-window.198941/
Relevancy 30.53%

My granddaughter used the laptop to burn DVD's and now the resolution on my screen is so large, I can't see anything. I have tried changing the resolution from the properties tab on resolution, but that hasn't worked. Any other way to change the resolution?

A:Resolution can't be changed from properties

Boot into the SAFE Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while the laptop is booting. Select VGA Mode in the list and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-cant-be-changed-from-properties.212481/
Relevancy 29.67%

Whenever you open a tab in IE8 it opens up a seperate iexplorer.exe for that page

If you have 10 tabs, then thats 10 iexplore.exe processes running.

I have found out a way to make it so IE8 loads only one process no matter how many tabs you open. Follow this link and enjoy this tweak IE users.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...rocesses-of-ie8-regardless-of-number-of-tabs/

Follow instructions carefully. You will need to use regedit. Enjoy this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie8-how-to-make-it-not-create-a-new-iexplorer-exe-process-on-tabs-you-open-fix.146134/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am getting this when i try to close firefox.A cramped dialog box that doesnt show any contents.
On a side note pressing enter is not working on firefox login popups,and similarly here when i tried to insert the image link

I have no idea whats wrong, any suggestions? how did all of a sudden firefox prompts got resized

posting via Opera now

Any suggestions?

A:Firefox close tabs prompt screwed

updated to Version 3.6 yet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-close-tabs-prompt-screwed.145031/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm trying to change the colour of my toolbar and the headers of other windows that I open. But when I type "change window glass colour" into the start menu I don't get the option to do that. I know that there must be an option to do this in Windows 7 because my laptop has the same OS and I have changed it several times on that. I have read in another thread that it might be to do with Windows Aero. But the troubleshooter is bringing up nothing and changing the Theme from "Basic" to "Aero" and back has no effect on being able to change the window glass colour.

I can send screenshots to any replies if that will help. Any replies greatly appreciated as this is bugging me.

Thanks,
Sam.

A:Changing the "Window Glass Colour" in Windows 7 Home Premium

You need aero active to do what you want. Whether or not win7 aero works or not also has a lot to do with your video driver. You should check with the video card (or motherboard if applicable) manufacturer's website for the latest driver version that is applicable. Also try googling to see if there is a way to determine whether aero is active or not.

Here is one example

There is a corresponding service UxSms (Desktop Window Manager Session Manager- Provides Desktop Window Manager startup and maintenance services).

This starts a process dwm.exe. With this started, AERO is enabled (if stopped AERO is disabled). So basically if the process dwm.exe runs, AERO is enabled (read the comments, this means that AERO themes might, but not necessarily have be used. However, without DWM no AERO).Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-the-window-glass-colour-in-windows-7-home-premium.205297/
Relevancy 29.67%

Having problem activating the Volume Tabs in the RealTek Mixer Panel. The RealTek sound is integrated with the motherboard.

I had this information previously, but lost it when power surge wiped out a few things. I can navigate my way to several windows that display various volume controls but not the ones dealing with Recording via the Line-in input. When displaying the Mixer Panel, only the Sound Output or Play section has volume tabs which are movable.

What are the steps required to activate the Recording Volume tabs in the Mixer Panel?

Thanks for any assistance given.

BonanzaBill

A:Activation of RealTek Mixer Panel Volume Tabs

Ooopppssss! Forgot to mention my OS. I use Windows XP Home

BonanzaBill

P.S. Please excuse for using this method to "edit" my posting!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activation-of-realtek-mixer-panel-volume-tabs.139025/
Relevancy 22.79%

hello

i'm having problem with my YM, particularly on the chat window.
i can't see the texts i sent. also the texts being sent to me.
i can only see them when writing but after sending, it's all gone.

i tried refreshing, restarting, re-installing. but the same problem had encountered.

what causes it? what should i do?

thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ym-chat-window-problem.160274/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have two tabs that I can close individually. Then I go out of Firefox. When I come back in the two tabs are back. I can ad new tabs and close them but the problem two will not stay closed. Any solutions? Version 2.09

A:Firefox tabs won't stay closed

The two tabs show up again when you relaunch Firefox ? Could it be you've added two URLs as your startup page ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-tabs-wont-stay-closed.91154/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I REALLY want to change the way my folders are opening regular file folders stored on my computer but I am not sure what command s I need to use if it s that simple Currently my folders have somehow changed so the default folder window opens up as a search window with the name of whatever folder I just clicked on I then have to hit enter to start the quot search quot and then it pulls up all the files I don t know how this setup happened because opening search window) in with options folder are Help (folders I used to be able to click a folder and it would open right up and show all the files I am in the folder options window file types tab and Help with folder options (folders are opening in search window) I am trying to add a quot New action quot for my folders file folders and I don t know what commands to use so that this action goes for ANY ALL folders not just a specific one Changing these options may not Help with folder options (folders are opening in search window) even solve this problem so if there are any other suggestions of things to try I m open to them I am just irritated with this setup and really want to change it back to the original setup asap Thanks nbsp

A:Help with folder options (folders are opening in search window)

Hi,

Go to Start/Run/and paste in regsvr32 /i shell32.dll click Ok

See HERE for the Microsoft way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-folder-options-folders-are-opening-in-search-window.90314/
Relevancy 22.36%

How can I increase my window 7 x32 com's graphics ratings it is 4.1 all other are over 6.

A:How can i increase my window 7 x32 com's graphics ratings it is 4.1 all other are over 6.

Basically this means that your graphics hardware isn't very good. Are you using on-board graphics or a discrete video card? When posting such a question, you should include your system specs, so others can answer your question accurately. If it's a pre-built O.E.M.(HP, Dell, Gateway, etc.), include the model # and any upgrades you've done. If you built it, include info about motherboard, CPU, RAM, video card, power supply, cooling, and what OS you're using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-increase-my-window-7-x32-coms-graphics-ratings-it-is-4-1-all-other-are-over-6.195962/
Relevancy 33.54%

Been messing with this for days. When I open the Control Panel I do not have the option to switch the view on the left side pane. All that is there is the See Also window. I went to view, Toolbar, Customize and added the views icon to the toolbar. As long as I keep the customize toolbar box open and move it up or down I can see it on the toolbar. Once I close the Customize Toolbar window the view icon grays out on the tool bar. My back button is the same way. I checked in another users window and the control panel is fine. I have Windows XP SP3. I am the Admin on the PC. Any help would be great.

A:Category and Classic view window missing on Control Panel window

In the Control Panel window click on the Tools tab > Folder Options, click on the "Show common tasks in folders" button and click OK or Apply. That should restore the Category and Classic View options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/category-and-classic-view-window-missing-on-control-panel-window.135651/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi.
The other day my computer turned off and restarted unexpectedly and after it restarted it showed a message that computer turned itself off and restarted to protect itself from blue screen. or something like that.
Is there any steps that I can take to avoid having a blue screen etc. Thank you

A:Window XP blue screen message

That's a broad question. How old is your PC? What OS do you run? Have you checked for malware? How long had it been running before it closed down? Were you running a game at the time? What type of PC do you have (laptop/desktop/tower)?

Look in your event log to see what event (if any) is logged at the time it happened. Anything shown? If you don't know what I am talking about, refer to your PC help system.

Slightly more often than not, a shutdown like that is overheating, but advice on what you can do to avoid a repeat event depends upon your answers to the questions posed above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-xp-blue-screen-message.177572/
Relevancy 22.36%

My taskbar is an ugly shade of gray & I'd love to change it to blue,pink or Emerald green. I saw this mentioned in a newsletter I get http://www.worldstart.com/change-your-windows-7-taskbar-and-window-color/print/
& have tried it but I don't see the "change windows glass colors",

Any help is appreciated.

A:Change your Windows 7 taskbar and window color

Right-click on desktop, click 'Personalize'. Background, sounds, window color options are there.

Also, if you type in this instead, you'll find your option in the start menu: "change window gla"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-your-windows-7-taskbar-and-window-color.189112/
Relevancy 21.93%

SysExporter - How to grab text data when Windows doesn t let you COPY Did you ever see text in doesn't grab How - you Windows window when from let text to SysExporter data a a window SysExporter - How to grab text data from a window when Windows doesn't let you that you wanted to copy But couldn t When you tried you discover Right clicks are disabled in the window You can t get a context menu to Select All then Copy Windows doesn t even allow you to click and drag your cursor to select SysExporter - How to grab text data from a window when Windows doesn't let you text in the window Frustrating An example Device Manager You open Device Manager and see a list of devices but you can t copy the device list So now download and run this SysExporter Figure below shows Device Manager on the left SysExporter on the right SysExporter has an upper and lower pane display Use column info in the upper pane to find the window you want SysExporter - How to grab text data from a window when Windows doesn't let you Click any column header to sort that column Upper pane columns include Title Window Title Items - of items grabbed from the window not including constant items In our example we re interested in Windows Title Device Manager as it s what appears in the upper left hand corner of the window Items We know there are a lot of device item entries so appears like the right number We click the entry in the upper pane and then see the items in the lower pane And that is exactly what we want Figure - Device Manager SysExporter In lower pane use the right click context menu to select the items you want to copy see Figure below You can the decide among several formats when you save the items I prefer Copy Selected Items Tab Delimited as these are saved in a text file with file extension txt I can later import it to Excel to get the columnar data back to work with Figure - Device Manager SysExporter A couple notes and you can experiment with the rest of SysExporter s options If the Windows on your screen change click Options- gt Refresh to refresh SysExporter s list When looking for text to grab one might just hunt in Window Title order But try clicking on Items column header Now the items in each window are numerically sorted such that those windows with most items appear toward the top Focus your attention on entries where items not equal zero Note the indent column in lower pane Use this to re-establish any indented relationshiop between items As one last example Note the device instance id in Driver Details in image on left In SysExporter image on right we select in upper pane the window title with the item and we see the Device Instance ID displayed now in lower pane so we can copy paste it elsewhere nbsp

A:SysExporter - How to grab text data from a window when Windows doesn't let you

highlight text, CNTRL-C to copy and CNTRL-V to paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sysexporter-how-to-grab-text-data-from-a-window-when-windows-doesnt-let-you.116813/
Relevancy 21.93%

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error Signature
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.3156 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.3520 Offset: 000294e7

A:When I am deleting the file it gives error message and close that window

Before troubleshooting, lets do some basic things.

1. Use windows check disk utility on all partitions

2. Run a virus and spyware scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-am-deleting-the-file-it-gives-error-message-and-close-that-window.135029/
Relevancy 22.36%

hey im new and my laptop is having big problems after i let my friend borrow it for a month. when i got the laptop back from him i noticed that the screen wasnnt in the right resolution, it was to small. so i changed it. right after that the colours were all screwed up so i decided to restart the computer. but the screen just goes black after the window logo loads. i hear the window music but its just a black screen. the safe mode and everything else doesnt work. please help..... its a sony vaio pcg-r505el running windows xp home

A:Black screen after Window logo

You may want to try an XP repair:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-window-logo.175443/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone This looks like the type of place im looking for Symantec Window 10.1 Server and AnitVirus 2003 with a problem I have Hopefully posted in the right place if not please feel free to advise me best place to pose this question Here at work we had our pc s networked up last summer to a Windows Server we are only a small company so only have about ten pc s in the network The guys that set it up put on Symantec Antivirus for us my boss like it I know its not the best but he will not change My question is the year is coming to the end so the license is about Symantec AnitVirus 10.1 and Window Server 2003 to expire I know this from checking the Admin Tools Then the Symantec System Centre and following the correct tabs It expires Aug nd The people who fitted the system have quote us about to renew this I was looking for advice on how to do it myself I remember when we had single user license s for Norton we had a bubble popping up when it was about to expire and was simply a case of clicking on it and updating the details I take it version is not the same as I cant see a easy way of doing it Any help on how to do this would be very much appriciated Thanks in advance Andy nbsp

A:Symantec AnitVirus 10.1 and Window Server 2003

Is this the server version of norton or the home version?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/symantec-anitvirus-10-1-and-window-server-2003.81859/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey there everyone, I have a bit of a problem, maybe some of you higher level computer users can help?

Me and my girlfriend both play World of Warcraft (she forces me), and it's getting very tiring just watching each other play, we are looking for a way for both of us to play at once.

Now I have dual monitor display, and a damn fast computer, and I noticed that I can run two instances of WoW at once.

Now... I want to be able to have my computer's "Focus" on both of these windows at once. I will be running two keyboards and mouses through my computer (Using an Autohotkey script for the second keyboard, and remapping the keys on WoW).

My question, are there any programs on the web that will send input to two different windows at once?

A:Multiple Window Input Manager Needed.

Have you considered using two monitors? That may be the only way both screen can be the 'focus'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-window-input-manager-needed.82962/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi guys, im having a problem with all my windows media video types and any streaming video (wmv and such, basically anything that opens with windows media player or winamp)(quicktime is uneffected). i think the default settings are bugged, since every video i watch is zoomed in and is all shaded with blue. i dont know how to restore the default settings, can anyone help?

A:messed up settings for window video files

forget about this, i found out it was a messed up video overlay option. im still unsure on how it got changed tho, since i never messed with it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/messed-up-settings-for-window-video-files.82901/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi My KERNEL Dell 1555, Crashes Window Vista, - Studio Frequent computer running on Vista has had frequent Window closures for the past month The message says something about KERNEL It flashes off the screen and begins to reboot before I can read the whole message It seems to do it when I am online I do a lot of writing offline and it doesn't seem to happen then I fell down some steps in December while Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL carrying my open computer The computer hit the concrete floor and killed my hard drive A new hard drive was installed It's been running OK but slowly since then until these recent closures began happening Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL about a month ago With instruction I ran an sfc which came back clean I also ran a chkdsk which came back with one critical error I think I am not computer savvy and I am working with someone who is to try to resolve the problem before I purchase upgraded RAM for my computer I need to know if I have a hardware problem that might mean a new computer or if this problem is fixable Please help Thanks tncatsitter

A:Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
While waiting for a reply, get started with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582971/dell-studio-1555-vista-frequent-window-crashes-kernel/
Relevancy 21.5%

Is this what you need?  It's a link from Speccy.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/b13TreETmksTzt6RSo4iEZ1

tncatsitter

A:2nd note re Dell Studio 1555, Vista, Frequent Window Crashes - KERNEL

I don't need Speccy reports
Please post your replies in the original topic located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582971/dell-studio-1555-vista-frequent-window-crashes-kernel/#entry3762248

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582995/2nd-note-re-dell-studio-1555-vista-frequent-window-crashes-kernel/
Relevancy 22.36%

Does anyone how to increase the size of the applet windows that windows opens for in this case OPTIONS under TOOLS in Media Player In the screen shots attached the window simply gobbles up the dialogues and options under almost all register tabs Applet/Settings/Option Window in Size Win 10 One can also observe the same behavior under such windows of some other dialogue boxes of some other software applications i e Preferences Applet/Settings/Option Window Size in Win 10 Adobe's Dreamweaver Photoshop etc It is not the case with all applet windows but only some I am using a large Samsung screen so the screen size etc can't be the problem I am sure there is some setting somewhere that allows one to change the size It is quite frustrating and security risk otherwise not being able to access the settings of an application Thanks for any input Bobang Microsoft seems to be on an advertising BIng e in Edge which does not allow any app to curb the ad-curse PS I just coined Winten as a nickname for Windows or Windows X Let's see if it catches

A:Applet/Settings/Option Window Size in Win 10

Hi,
Most likely you have windows set to 125% dpi and many programs will not render properly with windows set like that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585349/appletsettingsoption-window-size-in-win-10/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all. I have some processes running at work on the physical machine that are going to take hours. I want to go home and then check the results that are displayed in a window on the physical machine ($DISPLAY is :0). It is a RH:EL machine and I can VNC into it from home via a secure tunnel. Is there any way for me to get a window on display :0 to show in a window on my VNC session (i.e. $DISPLAY is :2)?

Cheers.

A:VNC to view a window open on display :0

tools like pcAnywhere, but you better check with the IT folks - - this can be
a security issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vnc-to-view-a-window-open-on-display-0.39053/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am having this wierd probolem, where I can have only one instance of Internet explorer open.

If I open a new window in IE, it will close the previous windowby itself...any clue ?? thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-a-new-window-of-internet-explorer.38757/