Windows Support Forum

IE8 Windows 7 - viewing Temporary Internet Files Folder

Q: IE8 Windows 7 - viewing Temporary Internet Files Folder

Hey guys,

There was a setting that you could do which would allow you to view your Temporary Internet Folder like you would in XP, with everything in it, instead of being seperated into Content.IE5 folders.

I did it before...but I had to do a repair install....and now I can't remember how I changed that setting!

Could anybody help?

-----------------

I Solved it and forgot to post the solution lol sorry

Internet Options -> Security -> Uncheck 'Unable Protected Mode'

Enjoy

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IE8 Windows 7 - viewing Temporary Internet Files Folder

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IE8 Windows 7 - viewing Temporary Internet Files Folder

Note: It didn't involve switching off UAC, which is a dangerous thing and it's not that irritating in Windows 7 anyway

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/54678-ie8-windows-7-viewing-temporary-internet-files-folder.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello,

I would like to be able to view the various temporary internet file folders like I used to with my previous version of Windows. Can anyone tell me how I can do this. I have tried using: C:> Users\My Directory\AppData\local\Micrososft. According to my antivirus scan tool, the temporary internet files are located within the Microsoft directory but when I try to access that directory it's not there.

A:Viewing Contents of Temporary Internet Files folder

They're hidden by default.

Where is located the Temporary Internet Files folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227730-viewing-contents-temporary-internet-files-folder.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello everyone - Ive just joined the forums. After Malwarebytes had found some PUP files and seemed unable to delete them, I tried to locate the files manually (using the path detailed by Malwarebytes).
I got as far as C:/Users/[Uname]/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files and was told that access was denied to the TIF. I tried looking for properties to reset, but right-click gave no options.
So it seems that possibly hazardous files can be stored below this folder that can't be removed because of the access restrictions. What can I do to gain access to the files?

I have Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Internet Explorer 9

A:Problems viewing Temporary Internet File Folder

The easiest method would be to use Unlocker. It allows you to delete protected files on next boot. It can do it because it runs before login.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301493-problems-viewing-temporary-internet-file-folder.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I looked in the IE "view files" button, and it showed a whole lot of things in the "file attribute: hidden" that I didn't expect to find. I went in through the disc cleanup to get rid of cookies and such, but it didn't seem to clear them out. Your thoughts?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102399/temporary-internet-files-folder/
Relevancy 84.71%

i accidently deleted my temporary internet files folder - now i can not connect to the internet - what can i do to fix this problem?

Relevancy 84.71%

This folder is empty and does not fill even when I have browsed around for a while. Whats going on?

A:No files in Temporary internet folder

Sure you're looking at the correct Temporary Internet Files folder?
In Internet Explorer go to Tools => Internet Options => General tab and check the 'Current Location' and then click on 'View Files'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-files-in-temporary-internet-folder.405477/
Relevancy 83.85%

This has been happening for some time now,.....when i go to youtube or matacafe or some other video site and load a video , i usually go to the temporary internet folder to convert these video files and store it in my pc so i can watch again. But lately i can only see a few of the video files in the folder and i dont understand why.
does any one know whats the problem and what i can do about it??

A:youtube files not in temporary internet folder....

Hello Michael Y and welcome to TSF

I dont think they save to the temp files anymore I think they just get deleted for copyright laws.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/youtube-files-not-in-temporary-internet-folder-186819.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm running Vista on a Dell with a 72GB hard drive. I'd like to know how to remove the Temporary Internet files and folders that are taking up over 21 GB of my hard drive. They can be found under C:\Documents and Settings\George Roberts\Local Settings\Temporary Internet files. There are over 855,000 files and 2,345 folders. There is also 559MB under the Temp folder. Windows Explorer will not let me delete or rename the folder because the Temporary Internet Files folder is a required hidden "Windows" folder. Any suggestions? Thanks, George Robertse-mail {Removed to prevent Spam bot attacks~~boopme

A:Deleteing Temporary Internet Files Folder

Hello try safely removing them with TFC by OTPlease download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365405/deleteing-temporary-internet-files-folder/
Relevancy 83.85%

Windows XP media Center seems to be completely hiding folders from me. When I untick "Hide protected operating system files and folders" then right click properties my Temporary internet file folder, it says there's 71 folders within it. I can't see ANY of these folders in my browser. If I boot up my other OS (Win XP 64 bit) I can view these folders just fine. Furthermore, within media center edition, I can access Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 if I type it in manually, and can see 68 folders within.
Now, why would Media center be hiding Content.IE5 when supposedly I have display EVERYTHING turned on? I fear a malicious program may be doing this. An OS reinstall isn't a big deal for me, but I'd rather not.

Relevancy 83.85%

For weeks I have been puzzled by new Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History folders constantly reappearing in my Windows XP Local Settings/Temp folder.
My normal TIF etc folders are still functioning normally in Local Settings. So no harm is being done but it's been annoying the hell out of me.
Today, quite by chance, I've discovered that the culprit is Adobe Reader X. 10.1.2. The act of simply opening Reader myself immediately creates these TIF folders within my temp folder. As well, of course, as every time I download and open pdf files.

I say immediately but it does take about 15 seconds after Reader opens on the screen before the TIF folders appear in the temp folder.
Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can go about resolving it?

(I've also asked this in the Adobe forums, had 100 views but as yet no replies!)

Many thanks.

A:New Temporary Internet Files folder being created.

I'd not worry about. It sounds like the adobe reader is just creating temp files to be able to access them quicker. I'd bet that when you have adobe reader and the files open, you cannot delete the files, but once all are closed, you can delete them no issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-temporary-internet-files-folder-being-created.1039052/
Relevancy 83.85%

i'm having this issue when i'm streaming an hd movie the space in drive C: reduces.
since i have only 2GB free it takes up all the space.

how can i change the directory where firefox keep the temp files/cache?

A:Firefox temporary internet files folder...

I haven't tryed this,but found on the Internet. Try it:

Quote:
type about:config into the firefox navigation bar and hit enter
find the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory, if it doesn't exist right click anywhere and select NEW, then STRING. Enter browser.cache.disk.parent_directory in the first popup box and then the location in the 2nd popup box e.g. k:\tempintfiles. If the entry already existed simply right click on it and select MODIFY and enter your new directory path.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165490-firefox-temporary-internet-files-folder.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I am running IE8 on Windows 7 (Home Premium 64bit). My Temporary Internet Files folder is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5. I have enabled Show Hidden Files and Folders and removed the tick for Hide Protected Operating System files.

I've noticed that streamed .wma file appeared as .dat file in the temporary internet folder. I've tried copying it to the desktop and change the extension to .wma but it will not play at all. I have the same problem in another laptop running Windows Vista. In Windows XP platform, I have no problem retrieving the streamed files as they are saved in the original file format (i.e. .mp3 or .wma) in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Please advise.

Thank you & regards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408175/wma-files-appears-as-dat-files-in-temporary-internet-folder/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello Thanks for looking into this thread To make a long 'TO' folder 'Temporary Files' Internet files Copy the story short I have a new HDD with not much on Copy files 'TO' the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder it and I have an old HDD with all my other stuff on it Some of that stuff is located in the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder Game saves on online gaming sites such as Armorgames com etc It allowed me to copy from the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder onto a USB easily and without trouble Whereas when I put my USB on the Copy files 'TO' the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder other computer and try to copy them onto the Temp Internet Files folder of my new HDD it just does not give me the option to I've looked into this a bit and have discovered that there is no physical folder I've gone to where I am supposed to the Document Settings - gt Local Settings ect and it's not there I guess that's the technical reason why it won't let me copy files to there because there is no physical folder What I am asking is Is there a way to copy files 'TO' the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder I emphasise the 'TO' as I've only seen information on google in regards to copying files 'FROM' the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder I hope you folks can help me out on this one Cheers ooeJack

A:Copy files 'TO' the 'Temporary Internet Files' folder

Hello

It is not that easy as IE stores TEMP file is multiple locations.

They could be stored in user temp files or in SYS files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/copy-files-to-the-temporary-internet-files-folder-617963.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I am running IE8 on Windows 7 (Home Premium 64bit). My Temporary Internet Files folder is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5. I have enabled Show Hidden Files and Folders and removed the tick for Hide Protected Operating System files.

I've noticed that streamed .wma file appeared as .dat file in the temporary internet folder. I've tried copying it to the desktop and changed the extension to .wma but it will not play at all. I have the same problem in another laptop running Windows Vista. In Windows XP platform, I have no problem retrieving the streamed files as they are saved in the original file format (i.e. .mp3 or .wma) in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Please advise.

Thank you & regards

A:.wma files appears as .dat files in Temporary Internet Files folder

I'm have difficulty understanding the real problem since I have always set my browsers to delete at the end of a session, I use CCleaner to delete junk (read stuff in the temp folder).

In any case, you can help us by updating your system specs.

UPDATE YOUR SEVENFORUMS SYSTEM SPECS

User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
in left-hand column, under Your Profile, Edit System Spec |

Use Speccy - System Information - Free Download
and/or SIW to gather info for filling in the blanks.

Do me a favor and add the word laptop or desktop to the ?system manufacturer? block.

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader, Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/173856-wma-files-appears-dat-files-temporary-internet-files-folder.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am a beginner and I need to find: Temporary Internet Files folder in Windows Explorer: Can anyone explain the step by step procedure to do so.
Shamou

A:Solved: Solved: Find: Temporary Internet Files folder in Windows Explorer

Temporary Internet Files are located within the users's profiles, such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Each user has its own files.

Open Internet Explorer. Select Tools, then Internet Options. Under Temporary Internet Files click on Settings, then View Files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-find-temporary-internet-files-folder-in-windows-explorer.414465/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi i am running Windows 7 64-bit home edition and regularly clean out my cookies, temp folders from the tools button in firefox, i recently got UniBlue and did a scan and it read over 6,000 files in this folder "C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\" however when i go to my windows explorer and look for this file, i am cut off at ...\Microsoft\Windows\. There are 12 folders available for me to look through yet looking at the properties tab of \Windows\ shows over 120 folders in \Windows\ and most bugs like to hide in temporary internet files. Does anyone know how to unlock that file so i can do it myself?

PS
No, clocking delete internet history,cookies, and recent files does NOT work in firefox or IE

A:Cannot open Temporary Internet Files Folder in AppData

Run Treesize Free -- see what it finds in the ...\low folder.

You should see \Content.IE5 folders (related to IE) + \AntiPhishing and possibly some temp files.

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-open-temporary-internet-files-folder-in-appdata-590854.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Guys.

I regularly empty my Temporary Internet Files folder - -Or I thought I did.

When I click on the box in "tools/internet Options/delete temporary files", it always says "deleting files" and it certainly looks empty afterwards, but then today I right clicked on the temp internet file and clicked on properties, and it says it contains 30,000 files, and it is 1.2 GB in size. So what are these files, why can't I see them, can I delete them, and how do I delete them?

Thanks guys

A:removing hidden files from Temporary Internet Folder

Come on guys, surely someone out there has an answer?

Neil

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/removing-hidden-files-from-temporary-internet-folder-294767.html
Relevancy 82.99%

A friend is running Microsoft Security Essentials on a 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Edition system. MSE detected an infected file in c:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\{some string}\index[1].htm

I went into Windows Explorer and disabled the hiding of hidden files and the hiding of system folders. I then navigated to c:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\MIcrosoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files and found there was no "Low" folder. I saw other files in the folder but no "Low" folder.

Why am I not able to see that folder?

Thanks!

Peace...

Relevancy 82.99%

Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop computer

There is a Temporary Internet Files folder literally STUCK on my desktop. There was another listed under My Documents > When I tried to delete that one, it deleted. So then I tried to move the folder on the desktop to My Documents with no success. "Access Denied", or "In use by another user or program. Close all programs and try again." I tried to "Send" the folder to another location on the computer with no success. Also tried deleting it and cutting and pasting it some where else, that also did not work.

Temporary Internet Files folder's properties:

General Tab > Attributes: Read only box is checked and grayed out.

Any suggestions. Could not find anything in the past when Googling this problem.

A:Temporary Internet Files folder Stuck on Desktop

Have you tried last known configuration or system restore?

To start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, follow these steps:
Start your computer.
When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files-folder-stuck-on-desktop.916974/
Relevancy 82.13%

I am new to Windows and have just Path IE8 Default for Changing Folder Temporary Files Internet purchased a new computer and am currently trying to set it up to my requirements Being a novice to Windows and IE I may be overlooking the obvious so any help will be appreciated With IE and Windows bit I would like to change the default location of the Temporary Internet Files folder My drive C is an SSD and I only want this for main program storage and another larger drive F for general working data storage I have tried the following to change the default folder path for Temporary Internet Files IE8 Changing Default Folder Path for Temporary Internet Files in IE Step Launch the IE web browser Step A list of menus is displayed on the top right hand corner of the window Click Tools Step A dropdown menu will appear At the bottom of it click Internet Options Step In the Internet Options window that appears in the Browsing history IE8 Changing Default Folder Path for Temporary Internet Files section click Settings Step A new window called Temporary Internet Files and History Settings will appear Under Current location you will notice the default path to the Temporary Internet Files folder To change it click Move Folder Step Select the new folder path - gt when you re done click OK I have created a mirror path of the original storage location on the different drive ie from C Users name AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files to F Users name AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Step In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings window click OK Confirm your actions by IE8 Changing Default Folder Path for Temporary Internet Files clicking Yes when presented with the Windows will now Do you want to continue Agree to be logged out for change to take place Having gone through this process when I open IE next time to see if the change has taken place it hasn t I have tried doing this at least times On each occasion It has returned to the original default location of C Users name AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Are there any suggestions as to how to make the new location permanent Many thanks in advance for any help or assistance Bricky

A:IE8 Changing Default Folder Path for Temporary Internet Files

I haven't done it myself, but shouldn't there be a step 8...Reboot. Just a thought.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/113107-ie8-changing-default-folder-path-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 82.13%

In Xp after browsing I could go to Internet Explorer Temp folder and sometimes find files to save
Favicons, video clips and music.
Good stuff lol

However now in Vista there does not seem to be anything there I recognise
Are they just not saved anymore?

As before I go to - Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options. Under Browsing History, click Settings. Under Current Location, click View Files.
But never any icons or video clips or music to save in there anymore
Help!

A:Vista - why can't I find files I want in temporary internet folder anymore?

Go to folder options, view tab, tick "show hidden files and folders", hit OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-why-cant-i-find-files-i-want-in-temporary-internet-folder-anymore.810221/
Relevancy 82.13%

My laptop use internet explorer 8. Recently, IE8 haven't saved images file in Internet Temporary folder, it saved only cookies, password. So I cannot access offline wed pages in History tab. help me!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/240263-ie8-doesnt-save-image-files-internet-temporary-folder.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My computer wont let me delete my Temporary Internet File folder. Reason why I want to delete it is that the file is holding 30gb of data. The folder is in:

c://Users/V05/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files

I've tried Unlocker and file assassin and it doesnt work. The files that it contains are cookies in which I have never seen before. I believe I have a virus because it seems as the cookie files in which are in there are video cookies and once in a long time adds play in the background of my screen.

What can i do?

A:Trying to Delete Temporary Internet Folder Files Wont work

Use Ccleaner to delete the files.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Install and run Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/304089-trying-delete-temporary-internet-folder-files-wont-work.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Folks. I've been wading through all the threads associated with my problem - at least I think I have - but I don't see an answer, so I am going to start this new thread and risk the slings and arrows of the more perspicacious.
This little issue has followed me from XP to 7 and is actually more of a curiosity than a problem:
I check the Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed in the advanced section of internet options but it doesn?t work and never has. Does anyone know why?
I can easily do it manually but it annoys me that it doesn't work.

A:Faulty 'empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed'

Have a read here.

Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder when brower is close does not work in windows 7 X64

Hope it is of help to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250298-faulty-empty-temporary-internet-files-folder-when-browser-closed.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I originally asked this on MS Answers and they recommended I cross post here nbsp I have drive write restrictions enabled via gpedit on a publicly used PC to prevent clutter and users losing files For most applications I have moved Files are in Internet folder disappears restrictions drive place when Temporary temporary folder locations to a flash disk When I moved IE 's temporary folder and re-enabled the write Temporary Internet Files folder disappears when drive restrictions are in place restriction upon login there is no destination temporary internet files folder The disk space to use counter is at and the current location field is empty under the gear Internet Options - gt General - gt Browsing History - gt Settings - gt Temporary Internet Files - gt Current Location and Disk Space to Use I also tried Temporary Internet Files folder disappears when drive restrictions are in place to move it back to a folder on Temporary Internet Files folder disappears when drive restrictions are in place the C drive and got the same result empty location field Ditto when telling IE to restore to original settings nbsp What is happening here how can I solve this Given the write restrictions users prefer to use cloud storage systems and these seem to require temporary storage to load Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d382f6f2-eafe-4138-b041-2565d4f291e3/temporary-internet-files-folder-disappears-when-drive-restrictions-are-in-place?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 78.69%

I have read in some places that a good thing to do when cleaning up a computer is to delete the files from the windows temp folder running xp home Folder Windows Deleting Files Temporary In The instructions I read said to go to Start gt my computer gt disc c gt windows At that point the computer says that the files in that folder are very important for operating system and should not be altered The instructions I read said to continue on into the windows folder and go to the folder named quot temp quot Deleting Files In Windows Temporary Folder at that point open the windows temp folder and delete the files within The individual was not talking about the quot temporary internet files quot folder but rather the above mentioned file named simply quot temp quot and found in the quot windows quot folder Says that this will help in making computer run faster I have been afraid to actually do it as I ve not heard much about it and don t want to mess up I regularly run disc cleanup and scandisc and defrag as well as malware scans Tried browsing the forums here for info on the windows temp folder but could not find any Any thoughts on this subject Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Deleting Files In Windows Temporary Folder

Hi monkeydog, when you run a disc clean up that is what it cleans up your temp folder, along with a few other things. But by the looks of it you are keeping your PC in good health. PLEASE be careful about using 3rd party software to clean up your pc as if you do not know what you are deleting or how it is used SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM may occur.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88807/deleting-files-in-windows-temporary-folder/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I recently reformatted my two internal harddrives temporary is thinks files a folder Windows my backup drive and put some drivers and all my stuff on my external drive before hand After i had reformatted i copyed the drivers and programs to my desktop and proceeded to install them Later once windows updates had started installing and restarting my comp repeatedly i started to notice that it was extracting to g long line of letters amp numbers while the install was running So i opened my external harddrive G and saw it was creating folders each time named like 'd f bcbc ae c ee f c ' After it finishes the folder disappears again I find it odd and am wondering if somehow my comp is using my external harddrive to transfer files around - which would probably Windows thinks my backup drive is a temporary files folder make it super slow right I only really use this drive to back things up and i do it manually copy paste each time My computer specs are CPU Intel core duo e GHz stock speed Motherboard P N -E SLI PLUS Graphics card Nvidia Geforce GT Sound card Auzentech Prelude Ram Corsair TwinX DDR XMS Dominator PC - MHz Harddrive Seagate baracuda mb Maxtor GB rpm DiamondMax WD My Book TB CD DVD drives LG GGC-H L Super Multi Blue Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD-Rom LG-GH NS x Super multi Operating System Windows XP Home SP and now installed SP from update Bios version Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG

A:Windows thinks my backup drive is a temporary files folder

That's normal, Windows will use the drive with the most amount of free space to extract files to when installing updates, doesn't matter if it's internal or external. If you unplug the external it will use the internal drive instead. I think it sometimes excludes the drive you are installing onto, so it might not always use the drive with the most space.

Unless it's an eSATA drive, it will slow things down, and if you use it only for backup, you might as well turn it off/disconnect it except when actually using it. Not only will it prolong it's life, but will resuce the chance of files on it being accidentally deleted, or infected should you get malware on the PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-thinks-my-backup-drive-is-a-temporary-files-folder-531188.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Through IE Properties, the "Temporary Internet Files" folder cannot be emptied, neither by going directly to the folder.
It says "No Objects" although the properties from the folder show 10.000 objects and 600 MB size!!!

What could be the reason?

A:Files of "Temporary Internet Files" folder cannot be deleted

hi

try to right click on it and press cut the delete

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-of-temporary-internet-files-folder-cannot-be-deleted.29935/
Relevancy 74.39%

I need to know how to empty the "Temporary Internet Files" folder. Windows XP won't let me delete it and when I go into the folder, its empty, but when I check its properties, its more than 7GB in size which is taking up a lot of disk space. I really need to empty this folder, but I do not know how as it's not showing any contents in it. I even unhide the contents of this folder but it shows nothing in it. Please help!

A:How to empty "Temporary Internet Files" folder

Well, one way you can do it, is to go to Tools -> Options in your IE browser, and click on delete files under the Temporary Internet Files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-empty-temporary-internet-files-folder-125932.html
Relevancy 74.39%

This computer has only one account Files" "Temporary folder Lost Internet so that I can start it up or restart it and walk out of the room and it is ready when I get back I have lost my Temporary Internet Files folder i e C Documents and Settings name Local Settings quot folder should be here quot For some reason the folder moved to inside the Temp file and when I tried to move the folder back where it belonged it just disappeared I searched Temporary Internet Files and all the other folders are empty and not used Everything works fine except when I try to download a program like Opera that puts a install file in the Temporary Internet Files folder windows gives me an error telling me to find where the install file is Thus I cannot update or get programs like Opera that use this method of installing on the computer Searching for these install files shows that they are not on the computer How can I get my Temporary Internet Files folder back

A:Lost "Temporary Internet Files" folder

Correction...please forgive my ignorance but there is two problems here that I found at the same time and in my flustration combined.

1) The Temporary Internet Files folder does not show any more. I found it in the Temp folder and tried to move it with two copies of My Computer (Windows Key+E) whereupon it promptly disappeared. It must be there although it does not show as I can empty it and everything works.

2) Any program that has an install file will no longer work on this computer. I get a error showing me that the file should be in the Temp folder. A search will not find the install file anywhere.
I will start a new thread on this in the future.

Sorry about the newbe mistake, please forgive me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-temporary-internet-files-folder-134925.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I have located this folder and files in my C Temp Directory Normally C Windows temp CompatTelemetryLogs with AppAndDeviceInventory log right next to it and the following inside the folder Folder quot IMG quot lots of little image files of all my software Folder quot Resources quot with nothing in it Files CompatData ff xml compatscancache dat DeviceGroupingRules xml diagerr xml diagwrn xml PreliminaryReport xml setupact log setuperr log TelemetryTransform xsl WICA Devices SOL xml WICA Programs SOL xml WICA QueryAppBlock SOL xml WICA QueryBiosBlock SOL xml WICA QueryDeviceBlock SOL xml WICA System SOL xml WICA SystemReport SOL xml WICA TelemetryReport SOL xml WicaDeviceFilters xml Windows TelemetryData xml Not sure about all of these but I did a search for this one quot TelemetryTransform xsl quot and one entry was this below except I do not have any office program installed What folder folder? miner? Temporary and or my doing trojan a in this it files data is Is similar form MS I use Open Office http technet microsoft com en-us library jj v office aspx And this one quot Windows TelemetryData xml quot https www google com search num amp safe off amp hl en amp site webhp amp source hp amp q Windows TelemetryData xml amp oq Windows TelemetryData xml amp gs l hp ccynfh hp KGgYvIjDHXA I am not attempting to install windows at all so why this is coming up is What is this folder and files doing in my Temporary folder? Is it a trojan or similar data miner? beyond me I am using Win Pro and am quite happy with that version Is all of this just some attempt at someone to install windows on my system through the comcast internet system I also have now searched for the file that was next to the folder quot AppAndDeviceInventory log quot and got this http www exclusive-networks be Vendors mobileiron It looks like someone is or has installed an application to make my windows send data over the internet or network Making my entire windows system hosed with this Or has someone any idea of how to get rid of it Thanks ahead

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b46e070a-350d-4873-a822-dc857676ac90/what-is-this-folder-and-files-doing-in-my-temporary-folder-is-it-a-trojan-or-similar-data-miner?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 73.96%

I am using IE5.5 and to have IE remove the file contents in the Temporary Internet File folder when IE is closed, do I insert a check mark in the block or do I remove the check mark if one is there. Of course, to see the option to do this in IE, clickon Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and scroll to the question.
Don't know why this little "nothing" is confusing me
And as always, TIA

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine (laptop) at home with Internet Explorer 8. When I browse through different websites, generally the browsing data is stored in the temporary internet files, but this does not happen on my laptop.
On the other hand, I am using Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit machine at work with IE 8. Here I am not facing this problem. All the data gets saved in the temp files and I can easily retrieve them.
By data i mean flash files (.swf), audio files, video files

Can anyone help me on this?

Regards

seriousgamer247

A:Windows 7 Temporary Internet Files

check your history settings and see if you are deleting them when closing the browser.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-temporary-internet-files-555342.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Ever since I have Windows 7 I noticed that thousands of temporary internet files are being created. In particular I noticed a true epidemy of random .kmz files, none of them actually haing been used by me.
Is there a cure?

A:Windows 7 Temporary Internet Files

have you been using google earth?

that's where the .kmz files are coming from, as far as i know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160724-windows-7-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi guys, cant deleit more than 6 gb Temporary Internet Files I try ccleaner and all stuuf but still see 6GB any ideas?

Relevancy 72.67%

I like to open my Temporary Internet Files from time to time to eliminate misc. items.....but, everytime I open the folder an Internet Explorer warning comes up that says,
"This page has an unspecified potential security risk. Would you like to continue?"

How can I get this warning to stop popping up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-folder-eliminate-explorer-warning-when-opening-folder.545216/
Relevancy 72.24%

I've only been a computer user for 18 months and have been advised to delete Cookies and Temp Internet files (and offline content) on a regular basis.

My problem is that I have a short video clip which requires a Quick Time plug-in in order to play. The 'save ' option isn't available for this item. If I go to the website where the video originated, I can click on the item and it plays immediately. However, if I have cleared my Temp Internet files, the clip must be downloaded from scratch (20 minutes on a dialup connection) before I can play it.

Instead of clearing my Temp Internet Files in bulk, is there any way that I can clear everything in Temp Int. except this file?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 70.95%

I remember reading sometime ago it was possible to view a clickable list of all my Windows 7 files through Internet Explorer.

Just wondered how to do it and if it was a good idea?

A lot of my files are also on 2 connected External Drives F Drive and G Drive.

A:Viewing windows files in Internet explorer?

I suspect you mean view all files on a computer using Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

Right click Computer and select Open. Expand the arrow in front of C.
Expand the arrow in front of Users.
If you click on your name (don't let the lock on your name scare you), you will see folders with your files in the right hand pane. Click on any of them to see what they contain.

For an external hard drive: be sure the drive is attached.
Click on computer and you should see the drives. Click on either drive to see the contents.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-windows-files-in-internet-explorer.1151658/
Relevancy 70.09%

When I download a document from the net I select the folder where I want to store the file but Vista puts the file in a "Temporary" folder. I then have to migrate to the folder & copy it to the place where I originally wanted to store the file in the first place. Does anyone have an answer to this frustrating occurrence? Thanks so much.

A:download files to temporary folder

Welcome
See where are downloaded documents saved. It should work if you follow this procedure carefully
Downloading files from the Internet: frequently asked questions

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286485-download-files-temporary-folder.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C windows System smss exeC windows SYSTEM winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows system svchost exeC windows System svchost exeC windows system spoolsv exeE Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC windows Explorer EXEC windows system nvsvc exeC windows system svchost Located Files My Generic.xpl.iespoof.79e52b4a Both Infected And With In Internet Temporary Generic.xpl.iespoof.cd88c331, Folder. exeC Program Files Fichiers communs Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Fichiers communs Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC Program Files Fichiers communs Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exeC windows SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeE Infected With Generic.xpl.iespoof.79e52b4a And Generic.xpl.iespoof.cd88c331, Both Located In My Temporary Internet Files Folder. iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC windows system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXeC Program Files GetRight getright exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Infected With Generic.xpl.iespoof.79e52b4a And Generic.xpl.iespoof.cd88c331, Both Located In My Temporary Internet Files Folder. Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer avec Club-InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName LiensO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO bho gr Class - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run RemoteControl C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot E iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot O - HKLM Run BDOESRV quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe quot O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Cl... Read more

A:Infected With Generic.xpl.iespoof.79e52b4a And Generic.xpl.iespoof.cd88c331, Both Located In My Temporary Internet Files Folder.

Reboot into Safe mode then follow these steps.Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet ExplorerGo to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabClick the "Delete Cookies" buttonNext to it, Click the "Delete Files" buttonWhen prompted, place a check in: "Delete all offline content", click OK* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu on the left side of the Options window.Click the Clear button located to the right of each option (History, Cookies, Cache).Click OK to close the Options window
Alternatively, you can clear all information stored while browsing by clicking Clear All.
A confirmation dialog box will be shown before clearing the information.* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.Does that remove them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68422/infected-with-genericxpliespoof79e52b4a-and-genericxpliespoofcd88c331-both-located-in-my-temporary-internet-files-folder/
Relevancy 69.23%

I understand that all files in a temporary folder with extension .tmp can be safely deleted (the system will recreate them if necessary)

But about files in a temporary folder with other extensions like .exe, ini, inf etc?

thanks

A:Which files in a temporary folder cannot be safely deleted?

Yes, you can delete all temp files.  Try Temp File Cleaner, you'll like it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512096/which-files-in-a-temporary-folder-cannot-be-safely-deleted/
Relevancy 68.8%

In Documents & Settings/(me)/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files, I right click properties and it shows me that the capacity is 399Mb but it is empty as far as I can see.
Folder properties are set to show hidden System Files etc, so I'm wondering where this extra rubbish actually resides? A windows cleaner will find and delete these but I'm just curious to know where they are.

A:Temporary Internet Folder

Copy and paste the following into the Explorer address bar (Not Internet Explorer).C:\Documents and Settings\(me)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5(me) = your name.You will find the additional files. I usually make a shortcut to this folder on the desktop. They are cleaned when you empty the Temporary Internet Files when you check the Delete all offline cotent box by clicking on the Delete files button in Interent Options.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73649/temporary-internet-folder/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

I installed this application to use the "website to pdf" function, however it takes hugeeeee disk space to create (like 4gb to end up in a 16mb pdf..!!) and i don't have too many gb left on c: drive. I searched the option to change temp folder location but didn't find anything. Same for google search, no results. Isn't there a way?

Thanks.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello there Since I love security subject Im always searching in ways & on %temp% Temporary files Adm017 Adm018 folder to don t get infected and I love to use the best suites out there Adm017 & Adm018 Temporary files on %temp% folder I ve been using MSE for low resources because I was a Kaspersky user since and I don t like it anymore because I have GB computer and it slows down a litle bit So I installed MSE to search for another great security software and been using it since last year Yesterday I got an issue Don t know if it s a virus I went to my temp folder and there was files called quot Adm quot and quot Adm quot both without file extension so I open it with Notepad They contained the actual date and hour on that moment Very weird I ve been using Windows for some years and never got that temporary files Also when I selected the temp files to delete my computer automatically unselected them like you shall not delete me Lol I made a search on Google but could not find anything to help me So I installed Spybot AdmCleaner and Bitdefender Im still using and I love it and Malwarebytes which I was already using it I runt then on Windows SafeMode Can you guys explain me what this is These temp files Thank you nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/adm017-adm018-temporary-files-on-temp-folder.56971/
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear all,
please help me. I have Vista Business. Recently I found out that the space on my hard driver C: is reducing day by day. I check and found out that my temporary internet folder contains 13 GB of info!!!. I was not able to clean it!!! I tried to scan it for viruses - no effect. I tried DISC CLEAN - no effect. I try manual cleaning the files - no effect. I found out that there is a LOW folder in my TEMPORARY INTERNER FOLDER. This LOW folder is filled with files without extension. The name of this files is EIGHT DIGITS DESH EIGHT DIGITS. The names look like this: "00000012-00000000" without extension. The dates of this files are after each time I turned on my explorer. Please help me. Is this some kind of worm?! How to removed it. I am out of options.

Thank you in adwance.

A:My C:/ is out of space, while my Temporary internet folder is 13 GB!!!

Welcome,

You have Vista Business, that edition makes what is called shadow copies, these copies take a lot of space. Follow these instructions to clear them.

How Can I Delete Volume Shadow Copy from C: Drive

They do serve a purpose, they allow you to go back in time to restore files, etc as desired.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271214-my-c-out-space-while-my-temporary-internet-folder-13-gb.html
Relevancy 67.94%

When I log onto the Internet through my service provider (BellSouth.net), I open the following file: C:\Documents and Setting\Harry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

As I am looking at this folder, I see all sorts of files added to this folder !!! Some of these files contain viruses, like the Trojan Horse Downloader.Small.13.N and the Trojan Horse IRC/Backdoor.SdBot.57.AY

Question: How can I prevent files from automatically attaching themselves to my Temporary Internet Files folder? (I just purchased Webroot: Spy Sweeper, Windows Washer, Spam Shredder and Pop Up Washer. And, installed these programs on my PC.)

I am using Windows XP Home.

Please help!!!

Thank you.

A:Junk in temporary internet folder???

You can't. You can cut them down by installing a firewall and adware/spyware tools. You can however delete the contents of that folder from time to time. Here's how...

In safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box. The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/junk-in-temporary-internet-folder-21565.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

I have *a lot* of folders, sub folder, and files, on my work pc. A lot of the files have similar names, and I have lost control over where I have my files. I use a lot of time to open and close each folder and sub folder to find my files.

I need a program that will, without me clicking each folder and sub folder, open/show *ALL* folders, sub folders, and files within the folders and sub folders, at once, so that I can get a complete overview over where my files are located.

Is there such a program?

A:Is there a program for viewing all folder,subfolder,and files at once

DirectoryOpus has something known as Flat View:

Quote:
a mode you can turn on in a Lister that enables you to view all the contents of a folder's sub-folders at once. In effect it collapses, or flattens, the display of a nested hierarchy of folders and files into a single folder.

But, it is not free; instead, you have to purchase it online.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/351487-there-program-viewing-all-folder-subfolder-files-once.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am having trouble viewing html files in a folder. When I open the folder, it says it is empty. However when I hit the compatibility bar, they appear. All of my html files appear. I went to folder options, clicked on view and then checked show hidden files and folders. To no avail. I get the same
response, says folder is empty. Thus when working on the websites, in my ftp, when I try to transfer a file over. It shows the folder as empty too from the ftp? Hope someone can help me. Please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97492/viewing-html-files-in-a-folder-using-vista/
Relevancy 67.51%

So, here is my problem.

Whenever viewing folders in explorer that contain TIF image files, I receive a explorer.exe error, or a DEP error, and sometimes a DrWatson32.exe debugger error.

I've diabled DEP for explorer.exe, but that only cause the error to not show up, but the screen flashes and explorer closes.

I believe this error has something to do with TIF previews in explorer... but I can't find anything on that subject, so maybe the problem is elsewhere.

Thanks.
Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-when-viewing-folder-with-tif-files-196794.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all I think this is a pretty simple answer I have been looking over the internet but haven t not found a solid solution I have a subscription to Bitdefender Antivirus After a scan it tells me that the following are password protected files I just want to delete them Whats the best way to do this After reading around I tried to use ATF Cleaner and Ccleaner After I used those programs I ran the full system scan again and the files are still found I even tried to allow myself to protected 'Temporary to Internet from Trying some Files' files hidden remove password see them through the folder options Any ideas Thanks in advance for any Trying to remove some hidden password protected files from 'Temporary Internet Files' help lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui CmnIds vbs quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images arrow right gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images btn signup x gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images more info gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images sidetable bottom gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images sidetable bottom red gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images sidetable top gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images sidetable top red gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no action possible quot gt lt AffectedItem index quot quot itemType quot File quot path quot C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YMYTAQUN valert ui images transpix gif quot threatType quot virus quot threatName quot Password protected quot action quot none quot finalStatus quot not scanned quot error quot no... Read more

A:Trying to remove some hidden password protected files from 'Temporary Internet Files'

As the above log is from a Bit Defender scan, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250708/trying-to-remove-some-hidden-password-protected-files-from-temporary-internet-files/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

I know there is usually an inherent trust of a companies administrator group. I work for a very large corporation (100+ admins) and am in charge of security compliance intiatives. I have a folder that has very sensitive bank auditing information and I want to make sure that only my team can access/change these docs.

It has been awhile since I did any special access permissions etc.. so I was wondering if someone could help me figure out if I could use special permissions (possibly the deny attribute) to set it up so administrators can change/add/edit user access, but not actually view or modify the files and sub-folders without changing permissions?

any help would be appreciated..
thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

I know on computers that utilize Windows that if you do work or view files from a USB the file names, headers, and dates are saved as Metadata and Hotkeys. Does the same hold true with game consoles such as a PS3 or XBox or are their OS's different???

A:Viewing USB files through Game Consoles Folder name retention?

bartjohnson1972 said:

I know on computers that utilize Windows that if you do work or view files from a USB the file names, headers, and dates are saved as Metadata and Hotkeys. Does the same hold true with game consoles such as a PS3 or XBox or are their OS's different???Click to expand...

It is the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-usb-files-through-game-consoles-folder-name-retention.1152087/
Relevancy 66.65%

I know on computers that utilize Windows that if you do work or view files from a USB the file names, headers, and dates are saved as Metadata and Hotkeys. Does the same hold true with game consoles such as a PS3 or XBox or are their OS's different???

A:Viewing USB files through Game Consoles Folder name retention?

Closing duplicate thread too: http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/1152087-viewing-usb-files-through-game.html

You may want to elaborate on your question there, Hotkeys doesn't make sense in the context of your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-usb-files-through-game-consoles-folder-name-retention.1152121/
Relevancy 65.79%

hi i was cleaning a friend gateway.dll msn temporary internet files in multiple while files using machine while i found her msn generated a bunch of gateway dll files like or per secs this happens while msn multiple gateway.dll files in temporary internet files while using msn is opened i removed msn cleaned the machine with adware avg and spybot and it looked clean also cleaned some msn registry entries with hijack but when instaled a new clean msn and opened it those temp files started reproducing over again so i did a very stupid thing i opened my own msn account on her computer thinkin it could be her account linked to some service what was doing that like mobile phone or whatever and it did happen again more dlls and when i opened my account on my clean machine got dll files on my machine too now so cant open msn on my pc now and im afraid to open my account sure this will happen wherever i use my or her account whatever post her log here Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Archivos de programa VERITAS Backup Exec RANT beremote exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Archivos de programa ACD Systems ACDSee ACDSee exe C Archivos de programa hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - F AF -D D -EE -C -BA DCFA - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Archivos de programa Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c archivos de programa google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c archivos de programa google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AVG CC C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Archivos de programa Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar a Microsoft Excel - res C ARCHIV MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Consola de Sun Java - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - DPF AE -B F - D -A - FDFD NOXLATE-BANR - file C Archivos de programa Autodesk Map InstBanr ocx O - DPF C - D- D -AE A- BD InstaFred - file C Archivos de programa Autodesk Map InstFred ocx O - DPF F A C- B - D - - BD AcPreview Control - file C Archivos de programa Autodesk Map AcPreview ocx O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C D C- D - CC- E -C FCE C NameServer O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C ARCHIV Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers BackupExecAgentAccelerator - VERITAS Software Corporation - C Archivos de programa VERITAS Backup Exec RANT beremote exe O - Service Servicio del administrador de discos l gicos dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe and my log here Logfile of Hij... Read more

Relevancy 65.36%

IS there a way to view images such as gif, jpg etc. in the temp internet folder? I remember years ago when I wanted to save a lot of icons or small pics from sites, instead of right clicking and saving the images one by one I would just load the pages I wanted , then go into temp internet folder, gather them up and save them all in one move. Now I cant seem to view the images in that folder to see which ones I want to save. Is this an XP protection thing and is there a way around this?

Thanks

edit: the files are in the folder, but I can only see them as files and cannot see the image, so unless I know the name of each pic I want to save then it is very difficult to know which ones I want as they are not always named appropriately.

A:Viewing images in temp internet folder

Change the view from 'details' to 'thumbnails' in Windows Explorer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-images-in-temp-internet-folder-108186.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
Our company  website contains a collection firmware and executable for our customers to download. Customers running Chrome, Firefox, or early versions of the IE have no issues. Customers running IE11 and
Edge on Windows 10 report that .exe files download properly, but the firmware files with a custom extension do not. Instead, IE11 opens a new tab and the new window contains a little "X" icon. That's it. Nothing in the Download area. 
Some of our more adventurous customers searched through there Temporary Internet folders and found the firmware files stored as .ICO files. When the files were copied out and renamed back to to the proper extension
(the main part of the name was correct), our product read the files just file. Any idea why are the files getting their extension changed to .ICO and why are they not appearing in the download area. This is affecting multiple customers.
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8909fa5-88d5-48fd-80bb-8c7f41291651/customers-report-internet-edge-and-internet-explorer-11-downloading-files-as-icons-and-storing-them?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 64.93%

I have XP home, no LAN,Use MSIE 6. I noticed last night that my Temporary Internet Files Folder is nearly empty. Only 5 files there and, no matter how much I surf, nothing else shows up in the folder.

My cookies are gone, but since they are also in another folder, that is not a problem.

I have run Norton AV, checked System Tools, scanned and defragged, run Adaware and Spybot, etc. I also did a restore. Nothing shows up as unusual. All my critical updates are current, and just a few XP updates haven't been updated because they do not pertain to me, I don't *think*.

What else can I do, what may have caused this, in 8 years of computing, this is a first for me.

Thanks,
Huckleberry

Relevancy 64.93%

Is it just me, or are there others who feel the same way about the temporary Internet files? Years ago before we had the wide-band connections, when we had the slow dial-up connections, the Temporary Internet Files was a good idea. But these days, in my opinion, I think that it's not only un-necessary, but when you have too many files it can actually slow things down. I can't understand why MS just doesn't do away with them. But then, maybe there is just something I don't understand about them.

A:Temporary Internet Files

Ummmm. Sorry but you are just plain wrong. On so many accounts.
Things would be a lot slower if a browser had to re download everything single item on the web page every time it was visited or refreshed. Nor is it the cause of your "slow-down" something else is going on with your system. Furthermore, every single browser maker out there implements a cache. It having a cache was problematic or only required for "slow" connections then why would they have one too?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/134162-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all,
I'm sure this is nothing to worry about, but I was stumbling through the files on my computer and noticed that there are a bazzilion (not a real number) files in this pathway,
"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZKCGKB0M"
What is all this?
Some of ot i recognise from websights I've been to, some of it (pics, for example) I have never seen in my life.
Currently running win XP professional.
Explanations welcomed and appreciated!

Use ATF to empty your Temp. folderATFPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300532/temporary-internet-files/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been looking to find and view (not delete) temporary internet files on my computer, but I can't seem to locate them. I am on XP home edition using IE7.

Does anyone know what folder they are stored in?

Thanks

IE > Tools > Internet Options > under Temporary Internet Files click on Settings > View Files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/temporary-internet-files-213297.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Folks,

Recently, I've noticed an excess amount of temporary internet files on my computer.

Oddly enough, I'm not using Firefox or IE that often. What could be running that would utilize all these temp files?

Only new programme updated is my Trend Micro. All other programmes updated.

Removed IE11 and reinstalled it.
Changed passwords for Wifi connection
Checked msconfig to ensure not to many programmes are running at start-up.

Your suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers, ms

A:What Would Cause Too Many Temporary Internet Files?

Temporary files are common. The best way to remove them is to download the free ccleaner and use it once a week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/354822-what-would-cause-too-many-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am running Windows XP. Just installed Norton Antivirus 2005. A full scan of my computer found threats in the temporary internet files. Some were quarantined, some could not be fixed. I went to my browser (internet explorer) and under tools/internet options I clicked on delete files to empty that file. the browser stops responding every time I try this and I must "end task" to move on. Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 64.93%

Tech,

Whenever I try to access this folder to delete and clean it up the folder freezes up and closes. Now the folder is 600mb and it keeps getting larger.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Outcast23

Welcome to TSG Outsat123

There are numerous ways to empty the Temporary Internet Files using the Windows applications. Some safe methods are given below.

How to Delete the Contents of the Temporary Internet Files Folder
Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files

If the above stated methods don't work, then it is better to use an external cleaning utility. CCleaner and ATF-Cleaner are my primary choices.

CCleaner
ATF-Cleaner

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.626588/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have Windows XP SP2, and using "TreeSize Free", i found out that i have so many gigs wasting away in my temporary internet files folder. it seems like every time i watched a video online, it was saving a copy in there?! is there a way to stop that from happening, so i dont have to delete all of it after it builds up?

Relevancy 64.93%

I Just Got a new laptop with windows 7 home premium with ie8 and i was looking in the temp internet folder and it only seems to hold cookies & icons.the pictures are only the ones off either my homepage or favs i'm not sure but once i changed a site to my home page all it pic and the ones of the little sub pages appeared so they were already there or somewhere on the computer can someone plz explain this to me.

There may be several areas where temporary files are stored and some are hidden.

I would guess the pictures were downloaded, but I may not understand your exact situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69116-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

i need to delete my temporary internet files before i want to see the updates apple movie trailers website. and i've just upgraded to windows xp and i can't find anything on the temporary internet files folder to delete. but i know its somewhere b/c i can't get to the updated apple page.

the folder is in a weird place:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

i'm really not used to that. so if anyone can help me delete my temporary internet files, it would help my life.

thanx.

A:temporary internet files

On IE6, just go to Tools, Internet Options, and in the General tab, press delete files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.102861/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, I am trying to find out if there's a way to copy some files from the "Temporary internet files" folder.
I tried to copy some pdf files but I can't or I can copy only a few of them.
Probably there is something here I don't know.
Thanks a lot.
RWMIOS

Can you open/view the files that you cannot copy?
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112055/temporary-internet-files/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm generally illiterate concerning all things computers so please bear with me. My friend has Windows XP and when we stream songs the mp3 shows up in his temporary internet files. However, when I do the same thing on my computer which uses Vista, the MP3s do not show up in my temporary internet files. Is there a way I can find them in another folder?

A:Temporary internet files

Originally Posted by bobbym2825

I'm generally illiterate concerning all things computers so please bear with me. My friend has Windows XP and when we stream songs the mp3 shows up in his temporary internet files. However, when I do the same thing on my computer which uses Vista, the MP3s do not show up in my temporary internet files. Is there a way I can find them in another folder?

Bobby

win 7 stores files in different places than XP. in win 7 files are stored in libraries, that were in their infancy in XP. You might want to look in c:\users\your username\downloads, or music or temp files under your name.

You streaming in a browser? or using a player, or in a gadget.

If you tell us more about the setup we can probably find them if they are stored at all

Ken

Edit for an idea: you can also search for *.mp3 with todays' date to see where they are

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247567-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I was downloading a big junk of files from the web and somehow it got to the Temporary Internet Files directory.. Not sure how?

D:\Documents and Settings\stan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\TLLITXAG\Myfiles

1) Any Ideas how?
2) How long will it stay there? and how it will get removed.. ?

Thank you

Relevancy 64.93%

I can no longer see, or have access to any files in the Temporary Internet Files folder. The files are there, as they can be copied to other folders, but they are not visible in the folder. This is a new development. How do I gain access?

dennisladd said:

I can no longer see, or have access to any files in the Temporary Internet Files folder. The files are there, as they can be copied to other folders, but they are not visible in the folder. This is a new development. How do I gain access?Click to expand...

While in the folder click tools and then folder options and while in the folder options click the view top on top and find and click where it saids show all files and folders and see if you can see them then.

Very wierd that you can't view them. If you can view them after doing this just highlight all the files and right click and then to properties and click on read-only or Archive to see if this helps you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.392243/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

Does anyone know why V4moatads is replacing all the URLS in "Temporary Internet Files" on my PC running Windows XP?  I am accessing temporary internet files by selecting "tools", "internet options", "settings" then "view files". Is there another way to access temporary internet files that will display the URL's ? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info about V4moatads on the net.

Thanks

Based on some digging I've done, moatads.com is a website that seems to specialize in web analytics. It's difficult to tell who owns it, although the nameservers point to Amazon Web Service, so whoever owns it is using Amazon's servers to operate the service.

It can show up as v4.moatads.com or js.moatads.com, depending on whether it is using cookies or Javascript to monitor your behavior on the Internet. It's adware or a potentially unwanted program. It's appearing in your temporary Internet files because that's where things like cookies get stored.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548407/temporary-internet-files/
Relevancy 64.93%

just recently i have been getting warnings on my laptop windows vista that Norton 360 needs to clean up internet temporary files and windows temporary files ,every time i fix the problem Norton says there's no problems but every time i close the window the warning is still there

Relevancy 64.93%

I have windows xp pro. I try to download off the internet and now all of a sudden it won't let me. The error message says that there is not a path to the local settings/temporary files folder. I looked and I can find the folder but I don't understand why this error is here and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 64.93%

I had some videos and images in my temporary internet file that I DID NOT look at on the internet. How could they have gotten there? I have a cable modem, but did not have any firewall protection before today, could someone have accessed my internet from somewhere else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.567699/
Relevancy 64.93%

I cleared my Temporary Internet Files before I ran Microsoft Security Essentials. Even so, it took 7 hours to run MSE, scanning over 2,160,000 items. And most of those items scanned were in this folder that I can't access:

C:\users\mynamehere\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\Low\Content.IE5\blahblahblah

What is that stuff and how do I get rid of it? All I can see are about 100 cookies that are left as Temporary Internet Files after I clean it the normal way through Tools>Internet Options>BrowsingHistory>Delete.

Thanks in advance!

__
Ellen

I'd echo GiveMeAbreak's suggestion.
Try CCleaner. Do not use the registry cleaner section (at all.)
You may find this link more useful.
http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup316.exe

However, I doubt that most of the scanning was in the temporary internet files folder. Windows 7 is quite big, and it takes time to scan that much data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.1046553/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

My father is not very computer savvy. So I'm trying to help him out, otherwise he just complains to me. His problem is that when when he tries to look at the OE6 attachments in picture viewer they all get dumped into the Temporary Internet Files folder that is also used by IE. He doesn't want to save them, he simply wants to look at them in Picture viewer (back and forward arrows simplify it for him). So is there a way separate where OE attachments and IE temp files get dropped as opposed to saving them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Temporary Internet Files in OE

cannedspam said:

Hello,

My father is not very computer savvy. So I'm trying to help him out, otherwise he just complains to me. His problem is that when when he tries to look at the OE6 attachments in picture viewer they all get dumped into the Temporary Internet Files folder that is also used by IE. He doesn't want to save them, he simply wants to look at them in Picture viewer (back and forward arrows simplify it for him). So is there a way separate where OE attachments and IE temp files get dropped as opposed to saving them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Click to expand...

Install something like Irfanview, this should do a the trick for you.
http://www.irfanview.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files-in-oe.392418/
Relevancy 64.93%

I downloaded a Word file online, but instead of saving it somewhere, I chose just to open it. I then made a bunch of changes, saved by pressing Ctrl-S, and exited. I've done this before, assuming that the file was gone. But does the modified Word file exist anywhere on the hard drive? Isn't there some folder where I could find the document with the changes I made? Thanks to whoever helps out.

After you made the changes and saved it, where on the hard drive did you save it to?
That's where it should be. If you have no idea where it might be, and you know the name of the file, you could do a search for it. (Start menu/Search option)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137814/temporary-internet-files/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
I know the files are there, and I know the directory ( as defined in IE8 itself ), but I can't see them in any other application.

I want to use my Eraser program to erase these files properly, rather than just deleting them.

Does anyone know how I can do this ?

Many thanks
Bobbo123

A:IE8 temporary internet files - can't see !

You can use "CCleaner": CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Good luck
Mak

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/182249-ie8-temporary-internet-files-cant-see.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Well I'm a system admin here and I have a bit of a confusing question I hope I can make it clear It appears that when one tries to access their OWN temporary internet files folder C Internet Temporary Files... Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Temporary Internet Files it comes up with a huge list of files Anyone that's looked here before will recall that it normally sorts this into folders Content IE OLK etc and then Temporary Internet Files... again into subfolders However you try pulling that up and you'll just get lots of Temporary Internet Files... files no folders whatsoever in Temporary Internet Files However if you actually type in the extended path the folders exist they're just not displaying Further if any OTHER user tries viewing that folder Those category folders show up in the traditional manner Even the administrator account has this issue You access your own Temporary Internet Files folder it shows files only access it from another admin account shows the folders as it used to display I can post screenshots if this isn't clear enough This happens at my home system and on every Windows XP and Windows machine here at work Anyone know when this happened because it's obviously a Microsoft originating issue Is it just isolated to me or is there a MS patch Temporary Internet Files... note I missed somewhere

A:Temporary Internet Files...

Hello

That is a strange problem....

Have you tired to clear the temp files to see if then afterwards they sort them selfs out?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/temporary-internet-files-179966.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there, I'm kinda new here, but I have a question about Internet Explorer and a problem I am having with it. I have had this problem for a long time now. It seems that whenever I shut down or reboot my computer, all my temporary internet files delete. This has been getting very annoying for me, especially since I use dial-up. Does anyone know why this is happening, and anyway to fix it? Oh, and it happens when I shut down/reboot NOT when I close the browser.

I am using Win XP and IE6, and any help is appreciated! Thanks.

A:Help with temporary internet files please!

Welp, IE won't do this on its own.

Where are you looking for these files and what is annoying about them being deleted anyway? Sure there's not another application doing this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-with-temporary-internet-files-please-70132.html
Relevancy 64.93%

What should i set the amount of disk space to use in IE6?

Tools > Internet Options > Settings Button
10-15 MBs should be adequate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.480409/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All , My first post about windows 8 . Where do I go to find temporary internet files in windows 8 pro ?
Thanks

Hi Carl, welcome to the forums, click the gear wheel (top right), Internet Options, under General tab you click delete in Browsing History, you can delete Temporary files.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/12396-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When I run CCleaner, I continually get lots of IE Temporary Internet Files to delete.
I have never used IE, of any flavor, since Win 95.
Also, IE is unchecked in Windows Features.
I'm curious why I continue to see TIF.

A:Temporary Internet Files In IE

Some other programmes will use parts of IE to work proper, even though you don't use IE and you say it is not on pc, the guts of IE is still there and some other programmes will use these services. Before you run CCleaner again have a look at the TIF and you will most probably find that they look very familiar from being shown in some other program you didn't realize was relying on IE's HTML code. My missus only uses firefox and there is always TIF in IE, in short nothing to worry about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313116-temporary-internet-files-ie.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Please don't ask why I do this but I have looking in the temporary internet files and reading the emails from yahoo email. ie 'show letter' and it has been working successfully, until now. For some reason the settings seem to have changed and everytime I bring up a 'show letter' from a yahoo email a different page appears which reads 'Your login time has expired'. I've tried to change things in 'internet options' but nothing seems to work. Is there anybody who knows what I need to do to rectify this so that I can read those files again?
Thanks

The "timing out" of an Yahoo e-mail account is a saftey measure. There may be a way to change the settings. Im not sure though. It would have to be done by the actual member who is on the account.

Why dont you just sign in and read the mail?

Or are you attempting to read someone elses e-mail?

If the later is the case, Im afraid that you are out of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17842/temporary-internet-files/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok, when i download things off the internet now, mostly with music, i get a mesage saying my Temporary Internet cannot be found, or something to the sort, does anyone know were i could just make a new folder to download into, or make everyhing go into a folder i already have..?.. Thankz.
BTW www.ournet.buildtolearn.net/TURNUPTHEVOLUMEtrack4.mp3 <---me and my friend made this song. lol.

A:Temporary Internet Files GONE!!??!!

How are you downloading files? Directly from Internet Explorer or are you using a 3rd party P2P program like Kazaa?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files-gone.218451/
Relevancy 64.93%

After attempting to delete temporary internet files, all the icons on my desktop disappeared and i couldnt get anything to run so i rebooted, now after logging in explorer has an error and i cant do anything. what can i do?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, Last days I found, that system changed default location of TIF to path:
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary Internet Files

But that's wrong, before it was:
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

If I want to change it back - Move folder in IE settings doesn't work. I have no idea why it was changed, or what program did it, but it is really annoying, because all cookies, history and temp files are now in my TEMP directory.

Shell folders in registry are ok, byt destination is still wrong. Fresh install of OS (in virtual machine) is ok. Anyone knows solution?

Have you not found out yet that windows likes to hide its little trinkets in various places?

You can usually find TIF's in at least three different folders.

I wrote a batch file in XP to remove all the junk files from all of XP's little hiding places. That batch file is nearly forty lines long.

Without such a program, you'll probably find MS's "Disk Cleanup" to be very helpful. Run it in Extended mode for an even better cleanup.
here's the shortcut to run Disk Cleanup in extended mode.

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35

Just copy and paste this shortcut into a NEW desktop shortcut and run it for a much improved cleanup of your HD.
When selecting items for the program to remove, its safe to select anything but "Setup Logs". leave those alone.

Good Luck,
The Doctor

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/5343-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I can not get my temporary internet files to work.How do I get it to work.

Hi chneedshelp,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I'm not sure what your problem is exactly. Have you checked the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings to see if they are set properly for what you want?

Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files Settings

Can you give any more details on what it is or not doing?

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/127502-temporary-internet-files.html
Relevancy 64.93%

For XP, i've always been able to rewatch videos clips I've seen by goin into my temporary internet files folder, but for vista, I havn't been able to find the video clips. Can anyone tell me where vista saves these clips?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporary-internet-files.597876/
Relevancy 64.5%

There are many files listed in this folder. I am unable to delete them. When I go to this directory in safe mode command prompt there are no files. I even used dir /A:H to included hidden files and there are none. But I can still see them in Windows XP PRO. I have Norton 360 and it did not find any viruses. Went I try to delete them windows gives no errors. Some of the files even have the same name and extension. Is there a cache or a temp file I need to delete first?
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

XP SP laptop I ran up-to-date Symantec Antivirus full system scan and did not find anything I can't see hidden files folders even after I have changed settings in Tools gt Folder Options gt View and select the circle for quot Show Hidden Files and Folders quot Logfile of HijackThis Folder Trouble in even Hidden Settings when Files/Folders viewing Options changed are v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan Trouble viewing Hidden Files/Folders even when Settings are changed in Folder Options exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe Trouble viewing Hidden Files/Folders even when Settings are changed in Folder Options C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - blank file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM RunOnce Intelli Mouse Pro Version B C WINDOWS system splm ncsjapi exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trouble-viewing-hidden-files-folders-even-when-settings-are-changed-in-folder-options-289397.html