Windows Support Forum

How to set password on my office email account.

Q: How to set password on my office email account.

Dear Experts,

My old PC was running with windows xp and I was using my office pop3 server emails through out look express.
Now, I have arranged new PC with of widows seven.I am finding out look express not none.After discuss with many peoples I know out look express not packed with windows seven then I import all of my old email in windows live.
Now, I am using my office pop3 server emails on window live.
Problem is that, I want to lock my emails account same as I was using in outlook express.Kindly help how to set password on my account.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to set password on my office email account.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to set password on my office email account.

Welcome and enjoy the forum

It seems that you must sign up for a live ID

https://accountservices.passport.net...=EN-US&lc=1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/88585-how-set-password-my-office-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

A:Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 69.23%

I found that once I upgraded to Windows I had to use my Email account to Log In to my PC The User has to have a Windows Account Mine is originally Hotmail - Live - Outlook I can not stand having the same Password and account info from my Email account the same as my PC I had to reinstall Windows and then I was able to use a Personalized amp Custom User Name amp PC Seperate Windows From PC Password Password Account, Email Password This coincides with certain software I use when I install the same titles on multiple PCs Serif - WebPlusX - I use a common User Name Seperate Windows Account, Email Password From PC Password and file location I will not tolerate having to be constricted to a Windows Account that makes me use the same password and user name for my Email Account and my PC Therefor WINDOWS is useless to me at this time P S I still get rapid boot times and custom features from Windows I assigned the Power Button where the old Start button would be amp pinned shortcuts to my task bar to navigate to apps I use frequently

A:Seperate Windows Account, Email Password From PC Password

Hello Majestone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You can sign in to Windows 8 with any "local account" or "Microsoft account" you want.

You do not have to setup a "Microsoft account" when installing or setting up Windows 8.1. A trick to this would be to temporarily disconnect the internet when you get to this point to then be able to setup a "Local account" instead.

If you want a Microsoft account, then you could have two Microsoft accounts, and use one to sign in to Windows 8 with and the other for your emails.

Either way, you could easily switch to a local account afterwards.
Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8
...or switch back to any Microsoft account you wanted instead.
Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36462-seperate-windows-account-email-password-pc-password.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

A:Being taken straight into email account without password being request

Originally Posted by robleau

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

I have two accounts I access online, one provided by my Domain Hosting Service and the other on my ISP's site. The first keeps me logged in and the second requires starting from the login page but does always have my info in the dialog boxes and just needs another click. My Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook.com accounts keep track of me and go directly to my Inbox. I mostly use Firefox.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41373-being-taken-straight-into-email-account-without-password-being-request.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

so i made skype a few months back it messeed up my nokia lumia 635 phone i backed up everything and i cant get it back i need everything on it back

A:i dont know my microsoft account password or gmail or email

Reset your password from https://account.microsoft.com

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436781-i-dont-know-my-microsoft-account-password-gmail-email.html
Relevancy 63.64%

WinXP Home SP3 with Office XP
Outlook is hanging with a number of messages. (Various).
ie Cannot complete the operation...
The issue appears to be that Outlook has exceeded it's 2GB limit so I'm trying to recover (trying various things) and create a new mail profile.
I'm using the Inbox repair tool and MS's 2gb truncation tool.

Anyone know how to save the (existing) email profile (Email account settings and passwords) so I can transfer it to a new profile. Later versions appear to have a Mail - export function but not these earilier programs.
I'm unable to get hold of the User and or their ISP until tomorrow, but I'd like to get it resolved today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-outlook-looking-to-transfer-email-account-password.794332/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Instead of sending the activation code to my sign-in email it was sent to my reserve email which no longer exists on the system I sent the new telephone number this has been changed but I am still Live bought Office but were I out bought of my and 365, computer, telephone my both logged account, into date. the email not able to open any of my Office applications Yet I will be charged the renewal from the date I put in the product key When one has a product key and then signs in to Live why does this then not activate Why when you have changed to my new telephone number have you not sent me an activation code With my reserve email dead you do not allow me to change it The only other email I use is Gmail they are much better than Windows Live I only use Windows Live to allow me to put new programmes I bought my computer, bought Office 365, logged into my Live account, but both the email and telephone were out of date. onto my computer and as usual ten days later I have no use of the programme I bought So typically Windows I have used you since the day you began what went wrong You used to function once These last years have been hell I wish I had bought an Apple computer and changed everything to Apple Each time I buy a new laptop these same issues come up Please give me access to the Windows Office I bought and put on my computer Jeffery Frederick Harold Windsor-Sezibwan-Rurikovich-Schiewe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8bfadd1-e7c9-4f99-bb63-1be5a56c8d8e/i-bought-my-computer-bought-office-365-logged-into-my-live-account-but-both-the-email-and?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 57.62%

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

Relevancy 53.75%

I have several client PC's using my personal office 365 account that I want to move to their own separate office 365 account so that they are not in my account any longer. I have already logged into my account & deactivated them but need to give my client instructions on how to reactivate them with their own office 365 account.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438454-how-transfer-existing-office-365-install-windows-pc-another-office-365-account.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone and merry Christmas!

I followed the procedure found on the web, I entered "netplwiz" and did uncheck ?Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".
There is no password set.
THere is just one user/account which is obviously also the administrator.
(the Account tab shows also HomeGroupUser$, but I guess is a default option...)

the point is that when I switch the pc on, I have to click on the icon of the user account in order to see the desktop. Is there any chance I can login automatically without even clicking on the user icon?
thanks a lot in advance

A:Auto login, one account, no password: avoid to click account icon?

Hello Lorcar, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Go ahead and create a password for your user account, then do the tutorial below again to enter the new password and set your user account to be logged into automatically at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204437-auto-login-one-account-no-password-avoid-click-account-icon.html
Relevancy 52.89%

It used to be not connected to any email account but when it updated to 8.1 I chose to get an email address for it, so now as a result, the password has to be 8 characters long and I have to use a PIN number , but that's still 4 characters, and I usually use one character password.

So how do I go back to the normal type of user account to use the 1 character password?

A:My user account changed to an hotmail-email account connec

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8

Local Account Password - Change or Remove in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36644-my-user-account-changed-hotmail-email-account-connec.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows on Christmas Day and I skipped the email account setup parts I never used any APPS yet in fact I removed everything app-related from my start screen including notifications etc I have used the Classic Shell so account up my local Live Setting account email 'destroyed' far but today I thought Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account I'd set up the Live email account login While I was setting up the app account I kept getting emails from the live account manager to confirm what I was doing and I confirmed each one The last thing it Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account asked to 'Trust this PC' I did so and my machine name appeared on my Microsoft account profile page under quot Trusted PC quot But when I restarted I Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account could no longer log in with my local account or the new Live email account I logged in as Administrator and saw that my local account name was changed from my username to lt xxxxxxx yyyyyyyyy com gt my live account ID It would not allow Administrator to change the account name or my password I tried to log in with the email and Live password but it said I could not log in with his PC and that I need to resolve the issue with the live account on-line I had a password reset disk USB drive and I used it It started up the reset wizard and I put back my old password It finished with no error but I still could not log in Finally I logged in as Administrator and restored my Acronis system image from yesterday Then everything was back to normal I have no idea what happened I was very careful doing each of these steps I see a clue though on the Microsoft account page in the Trusted PC area is says quot To add a trusted PC to your account you need to access your account using Internet Explorer and have Windows Live Essentials installed quot I was using Chrome to set this up and I don't have Live Essentials installed There was no indication in the set up that this was required But at any rate it still listed my machine name as trusted so what does that tell you

A:Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account

What exact steps did you take when creating the live account?

Was this a new account? or did you use the switch to a Microsoft account?

I could not tell you what happened.

I have several Local and Live accounts on my system for testing, and I do not have Live Essentials installed
All of my accounts work perfectly. And across PC's, as I have a desktop also setup with a couple of different and same accounts.

It is possible that Chrome caused an issue. and it is possible you need Live Essentials to use chrome properly. I don't know as I forbid Chrome being installed on any of my PC's.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17310-setting-up-live-email-account-destroyed-my-local-account.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was living with a relative who had a comcast account. She allowed me to put my email address on that account. Relative moved away, closed the comcast account. I opened up a new comcast account and wanted to transfer my email address from the first account to my new account. How do I do this?

A:transferring email addresses from one Comast account to another comcast account

If the account was closed then the messages are likely gone. Unless you have them stored in an email program on your computer such as Outlook, Live Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-email-addresses-from-one-comast-account-to-another-comcast-account.1069973/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a new ASUS notebook and it uses Windows 8. On my home pc I have Windows Vista and was able to set up multiply email accounts in Window Live Mail. (my charter, my hubby charter, 2 school google accounts and yahoo)
I was able to read mail coming thru our main email acct (my charter), if an email came thru that needed to go to my hubbys account or another account I was able to drop and drag it to the other account listed on the screen.

I have most of my emails set up on my new ASUS notebook. Is there any way to drop and drag emails from one account to another? I can drag the email and hover over the new email account, but it does not drag it.

Thanks for any help. I am new to the notebook thing and windows 8.

Debby Durden

A:Move email from one email accout to another email account

If you are using Live Mail on both Windows 7 and Windows 8, use the instructions in this video - Windows 8 Tips: Moving Live Mail From Windows 7 - YouTube

This technique works WAY better than exporting and reimporting them.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/47297-move-email-one-email-accout-another-email-account.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I've been using Windows for weeks Until today it started up just fine by displaying my name and no email address This is exactly how I want it to be Today when Win would not recognize a printer in order to download an quot app quot to help with this I was required to provide a Microsoft email account which I did an old Hotmail account I rarely use Now when I restart or wake up the computer that old Hotmail account appears as quot Administrator quot However I do NOT want that old Hotmail email address associated with this computer How can I remove it and get back to logging in with NO associated email address NOTE I do not want to delete the old Hotmail account just want to remove it from my Windows quot Account quot menu My name Hotmail address quot Administrator quot In case it's required to associate Win with an email address I use Windows Live Essentials with a company email address I tried adding it via the quot Other Account quot option but Win said it did not recognize the email address I entered sigh I saw threads with a similar question but not quite the same Thanks for any help

A:Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?

You have converted your local user account to a Microsoft account. It's easy to switch back to a local account, just follow the instructions in this tutorial: Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

When you have switched back to a local account and you want to download another app from the Windows Store, follow the instructions in this tutorial (Method Two, Step 5) to keep using your local account to sign in to Windows and only use a Microsoft account to sign in to Store: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

A useful tutorial to learn the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account: Local Account or Microsoft Account - How to Tell in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43338-can-i-remove-but-not-delete-ms-email-account-user-account.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Win 10 and was loving it (was). Saw there was a mail app and thought that would be pretty handy. Signed in and since then, I have to log in to my PC as my email address and password.

I don't want that.

How do I revert my existing user back to a non-Windows live user, with a normal, local account and password?

I am happy to not use the Mail app if that's what it takes, but my concern is that the profile I have now has all my icons and docs and stuff and I don't want to go through the hassle of copying over the profile.

There must be a way to undo this change, but I can't find it.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

So, I have been working on my neighbor's computer. She doesn't want a password to log in to her computer. Is there a way that I can disable the password upon login. This is on a local account.

A:User Account Password on Local Account

Jesse, have a look here

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/64570-user-account-password-local-account.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

My name is rizwan, i am using windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit activated, I forget administrator password but i know the previous password.
Please guide me how can i restore password using previous known password.
I am unable to install any third party tool to recover password because i dn't have the current administrator password.
Guide the steps which are not required any third party tool or microsoft tool because current password forget.

Regards
Rizwan

A:Forget Password of Administrator Account but i know previous password

There is no legal way to "craack" a business computer, your IT has to help you recover your Windows. If this is a personal computer, with proof of ownership of both computer and of your windows, a local computer shop may be able to help you at least get your data files onto an external media if not able to legally run password-hunters. Otherwise, it is time to totally reinstall -- and this time keep a written record of usernames and passwords locked in a drawer somewhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/393553-forget-password-administrator-account-but-i-know-previous-password.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

My name is rizwan, i am using windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit activated, I forget administrator password but i know the previous password.
Please guide me how can i restore password using previous known password.
I am unable to install any third party tool to recover password because i dn't have the current administrator password.
Guide the steps which are not required any third party tool or microsoft tool because current password forget.

Regards
Rizwan

A:Forget Password of Administrator Account but i know previous password

There is no legal way to "craack" a business computer, your IT has to help you recover your Windows. If this is a personal computer, with proof of ownership of both computer and of your windows, a local computer shop may be able to help you at least get your data files onto an external media if not able to legally run password-hunters. Otherwise, it is time to totally reinstall -- and this time keep a written record of usernames and passwords locked in a drawer somewhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393553-forget-password-administrator-account-but-i-know-previous-password.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Something odd has just happened with my mail.
I previously had both the hotmail account and an MS Exchange work email account loaded onto the Win8 CP mail.
Now the exchange account has disappeared, and there is no longer a button anywhere to allow me to add the account back in.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:email account deleted, no option to add new account?

are u using the metro app? if that's the case;

in your Metro Mail App, open up the charms bar (win key+C) and go to settings or accounts, from there you can add new or delete...
Im not on my Win8 right now to post screenies, but I think u get the point.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/5233-email-account-deleted-no-option-add-new-account.html
Relevancy 51.17%

How do I use a live.com email account (Microsoft account) - to reset a pasword, as i have no idea?

A:How do I use a live.com email account (Microsoft account)

moving to email as this is not a virus issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-use-a-live-com-email-account-microsoft-account.1162247/
Relevancy 51.17%

Good afternoon everyone! I have both a Hotmail (live.com) email account, as well as, the email account(s) provided free by my ISP (Cox Communications).I would like to inquire if there are any methods/programs I could utilize so that if I receive a new email in my Hotmail account (while offline, for example)...I would be alerted via either some icon on the Taskbar and/or sound generated?Thank you for your time and any information!

A:Hotmail email account; any ways to be alerted when a new email arrives?

@ Moderators/Admins: This topic may be CLOSED for comment! It obviously was of no interest to anyone, and I managed to locate some helpful assistance in another forum!Thanks anyway!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416739/hotmail-email-account;-any-ways-to-be-alerted-when-a-new-email-arrives/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am in the process of setting up a home business and wish to set up a separate business email account with low set up costs I currently have a personal Hotmail and Gmail accounts but wish to create a secondary Gmail account for my business I do not have a registered domain name I tried numerous ways to set up a secondary gmail account without success it would initially email up account email to secondary set [moved gmail Cannot forum] accept the Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] new gmail address but Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] when it would ask to activate the account it would not allow me to login to the account to do this It would come up with a Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] message advising that the account address is unknown So I would again go through the process and it would then advise that the username is already taken so I just keep on going around in circles I then went into Google Apps for business in which it would ask me to register my domain name for a fee of per year However the domain name would be registered under the two option provided Enom and Go Daddy Neither in which I am familiar with Can you please offer some assistance My first preference would be setting up a secondary gmail account and if not is google apps for business a reliable avenue in registering my business name in order to obtain a professional separate business email account and if so which provider is the better option Keeping in mind I wish to keep the costs at a minimum at this stage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/cannot-set-up-secondary-gmail-email-account-1086073.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Office 2003 on an XP pro system. I merge my word document with an existing Access database to send out emails thru Office Outlook. Outlook shuts down, as in stops sending emails at random intervals. Sometimes restating Outlook will get it going but most times it comes down to removing all merged emails and re-doing the merge to get it going again. Sending in groups of 100 to 9000 at a time. The merge goes well, it is the Oulook. Help please.

Printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-merge-from-office-access-to-office-outlook.347881/
Relevancy 51.17%

In 2012 I purchased (by email) and received a letter from M/Office to download Microsoft Office 2010.I am now trying to download (as I am entitled to) a copy for my new notebook (Windows 10) assuming it will accept the program.I am having difficulty in completing a download.   I now cannot contact the people in question (I can attach a copy of the email if wanted)I cannot ring the US as I am in Australia and would prefer to email anyway.Judy

A:Email address required for M/Office re Office 2010

Surely someone in the US knows the address of Microsoft (email address that is) - as I cannot ring from Australia.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154896.0.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All I recently clicked on a Google Images picture and AVG warned it had a virus I clicked out ran AVG and it said everything was clean Recently however my G Mail Reported in Email Email Virus Sent / Compromised Account account was compromised Someone from a Chinese IP address logged onto the account and then sent emails to a Chinese website to my contact list I changed my password but I wasn t sure if it was a virus or if my email was compromised in some other way Yesterday I emailed a PowerPoint presentation to a professor which he said came up as a virus Now when I try to open my own attachment a browser page filled with odd text shows up If it matters the presentation was sent Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email through my university s edu account not the G Mail I use Windows AVG is still showing Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email the computer is clean but given the set of circumstances it seems I Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email may be infected Thank you for your self

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364897/compromised-email-account-reported-virus-in-sent-email/
Relevancy 50.74%

Running Win 7 .  Opened spam email by mistake and email account hacked. Acct locked by server after 1600 email sent. Account has been recovered.  I ran full scan with Microsoft Essentials and Malwarbytes and both clean.  Then I did a full scan with Kapersky and it showed 1 malware  of Trojan.JS.Agent.cfl located on my external harddrive in my backup files location and possibly 2 other locations on the report.  I have pdf ofKapersky report if want to see.
I also ran AVG 2015 and it was clean.

Not sure if I should just delete the backup files from my external hard drive.
What other scans can I do to make sure everything is OK?? - I have not noticed anything unusual with computer yet but want to ease my mind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570847/win7-email-account-hacked-by-spam-email/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an att.net email account which is now serviced by Yahoo. Today a spam message originated from my account and was sent to everyone on my contacts list. "xmas" was in the subject line and the content was a web address which opens to a website apparently selling medications from Canada. Webroot antivirus has not detected any virus or malware on my computer. What should I do? Do I need to close the att.net email account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/contacts-from-my-email-account-were-spammed-using-my-email-address.969897/
Relevancy 49.88%

I caught the UAC & Account Password glitch which causes the keyboard to not work. The glitch was caused by disabling UAC after both had been enabled, then restarting. I can't see a keyboard in device manager, tried many keyboards. I rather not restore my pc, o what should I do?

A:Use Account Control and Account Password bug.

I just restored my PC to factory default. If I recall right, this was a known bug and a Windows update fixed it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303695-use-account-control-account-password-bug.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently changed from gMail to a email client. Why is my email being sent to the email address I want it to, then immediately after to literally my gMail (<name>@gmail.com) account, is there any way to prevent this ?

A:To my email account - to gMail account ?

Very confusing post...please explain in more detail, as specific as you can. What email client are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/242217-my-email-account-gmail-account.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm 100% sure I'm typing the right password to log onto the admin account. This is the only admin account on this computer(Windows Vista). There is no other admin account on the computer, or I would use that one. How can I fix this? I am POSTIIVE I'm typing the password correct. Any way to bypass the password and get in the admin account so I can change the password or get rid of the password altogether?

A:password won't let us log into the admin account even though the password is right?!

You might want to read the rules, no help with passwords.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-wont-let-us-log-into-the-admin-account-even-though-the-password-is-right.882572/
Relevancy 48.16%

I had to change mt google password and email password an hour ago and I really just want my old password back for my emails ! How the heck can I change my password back the easy way ,because I'm not really tech savy at all!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A:I want to change my email password back to my old password

Follow this link: https://www.google.com/settings/pas...You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/i-want-to-change-my-email-password-back-to-my-old-password/40450.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a 2007 Gateway Laptop with Microsoft Vista on it. I have a personal email account with Hotmail.com

This morning when I checked my email, there was several emails indicating a delivery failure. However an email advertising viagra from a canadian drugstore was sent using my account to several people on my contact list. I checked with them and they definitely got that email.

So I think I have some kind of virus or malware that is using my email account to send spam email to people on my contact list.

Can anybody help me with rooting this out?

Thank you.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-spam-email-was-sent-from-my-email-account.931108/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone!

I'm completely confused. One of my clients is a company and I've shifted their email hosting from webmail to Google apps. I have also transferred their domain name from the previous hosting provider to mine. So I've changed their DNS and it works well with Google apps.

The problem however, is that they still sometimes receive emails from their webmail. The emails that they receive in their webmail are emails from their previous service providers' clients. I don't know if I've explained that well enough.

What I don't understand though, is that HOW is the other email hosting provider able to direct their emails to the webmail, when all DNS points to Google apps? I've even asked my domain registrar to clear the DNS cache in case that was the problem. Does anyone know what might be happening here? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443227/one-email-account-two-email-logins/
Relevancy 48.16%

Email with a link to spam is being sent to my contacts from my email account Here are the requested files except for GMER file I ran it three time and my computer froze each time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rusty at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Email my Spam Email Account from being sent svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Spam Email being sent from my Email Account Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe Spam Email being sent from my Email Account -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost Spam Email being sent from my Email Account exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ABIT ABIT uGuru uGuru exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATICLA EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFJA EXE E Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe E Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Documents and Settings Rusty Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig hl en home uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp rls com microsoft language amp ie inputEncoding amp oe outputEncoding amp startIndex startIndex amp startPage startPage mSearch Bar hxxp www starbarsearch com useie amp q mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google ... Read more

A:Spam Email being sent from my Email Account

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375680/spam-email-being-sent-from-my-email-account/
Relevancy 48.16%

my email account is sending email to all of my contact with links that it contain virus and i dont know how to stop sending this email DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated EAA A - EE - B - DA- C E SP Kaspersky from account email email spam my Anti-Virus Enabled Updated CBD - DB- AC-AF A- B A SP Windows spam email from my email account Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System ChgService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwssvc exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite upeksvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Windows System SupportAppXL AutoDect exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite psqltray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system WgaTray exe C Program Files Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system wuauclt exe c program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files HP Digita... Read more

A:spam email from my email account

Hi,

If help still needed post fresh dds logs, please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spam-email-from-my-email-account-607619.html
Relevancy 48.16%

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed"
I only get this when i send from my long time email address a msn.com one. I cant find where to check the pop settings on this laptop or dont even know if that would work. Can you help me understand why i cant send or reply from this one address of mine, all the others work fine. just this one email address of mine that has been mine from the beginning of internet in my life.
Thank You , Nancy

A:Email from one email account not sending

What are you using to manage email? . . Outlook Express? . . Outlook? . . Windows Mail??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/email-from-one-email-account-not-sending-903809.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am a newbie with Windows 8, so I am trying to teach myself how to use Windows 8.1 via a virtual machine on Windows 7.

I set up the user account using my Microsoft email account. I would like to use a different password on my desktop vs the email password. My email password since it is accessible via web is strong 16 characters long, random characters password and changed often. I would like to change the desktop password to something I can remember, still strong, but I don't change it as often since you have to get physical access to my desktop.

I assumed once I linked to the Microsoft account I could change the password on the machine without it changing my email password.

Is this not possible? I would prefer not to have to lower the security of my email account just to accommodate Windows 8. Never a problem before as my email clients stored the password.

A:Must email password be same as desktop password?

Never thought about it but it looks like you can do it:

Passwords in Windows 8: FAQ - Microsoft Windows Help

Microsoft Account Password - Change or Reset in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/28781-must-email-password-same-desktop-password.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a technet subscription and installed Microsoft Office 2013 on my PC. When I launched Microsoft Access, it shows a name and email on the top right of the application. Is there any way to alter the information on there or hide it?

Thanks,

Jon

A:Changing the name on your Office account

Option TWO from this tutorial (Office 2013 "Sign in" and Cloud Capabilities - Turn On or Off) will turn off "Sign in" link and cloud capabilities (SkyDrive, Office 365 SharePoint) in Office 2013

Cloud capabilities will be completely turned off, you will be able to save and load files ONLY to/from your local computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/294317-changing-name-your-office-account.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I have a strange problem with my Vista Ultimate 64 bit. After installing outlook 2007 I opened and closed it. But when I went to control panel I didn?t find the icon for e-mail. I need that access to connect to my exchange account at work. What might have gone wrong, and hove do I fix it?
thanks for any help

A:office 2007 and exchange account

I suggest you contact MS Office Tech. Support via phone.
I had a similar problem, contacted them & via remote access a very efficient female tech. in India corrected this annoyance. [as I watched fascinated.]
It took quite a bit of fiddling.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/233634-office-2007-exchange-account.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a new laptop running Windows 8 and just purchased Office 365.   I installed it and it works for my user account.  However, when I switched user to be the Guest User, Office 365 is not showing up.  How can I make Office 365 accessible
to the Guest account?

thanks

A:Guest account access to Office 365

The O365 access is tied to the associated Live ID and whether or not that had O365...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3ff9b55b-74e8-49ec-9cd4-94c40e2f9487/guest-account-access-to-office-365?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

How to bypass it ? Is it possible over safe mode ? For example...some1 puts password in log account when entering the windows...and I don't know it. And I really want to enter the computer cause I have my work over there ? What can I do ?

A:Log in account password

google for a PW reset tool.

if you dont find one, let me know i have one ill pass your way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/log-in-account-password.92398/
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay I am finally resorting to posting and asking for help because I have exhausted all possible solutions and resources that I could find Here is what I am facing I am running a dual-boot setup of Windows Ultimate one x and the other x the -bit box. One account, no password one is there mostly for when I face compatibility issues since my system has GB of RAM and it came pre-installed with the -bit version My primary partition runs the x version which is my main OS but I am facing a really annoying glitch with my user name at the welcome screen In the bit boot the welcome screen loads and my account picture is shown maximized and the password box One account, no password box. is already highlighted so all I need to do is enter the password and I am good to log in However the bit boot loads with my account picture minimized as if there was another account available and I have to click on it or press the Space bar to get it to show me the password box so I can log in This wouldn't bother me normally but I just recently did a clean install of both boot configs and it has only been since then that this has been a problem Previously my -bit welcome screen would load normally and I wouldn't have to select the account manually I have spent countless hours online trying to find a solution to this problem and I have still not been able to do so The only difference between the two configurations is that I connected to my local HomeGroup with the -bit OS and I have since left it and disabled the associated services but I have not been able to restore the default login screen I can't remember if this issue existed before I joined this HomeGroup or not so I don't even want to restore my computer that far back in case that wasn't the problem I am posting this with the hope that someone will think of something that I might be missing because I have been obsessing over this stupid issue for way too long Hopefully this makes sense and I will try to find some screenshots to demonstrate what I am talking about Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me

A:One account, no password box.

See if this is any good to you:

Log On with User Name and Password

Run secpol.msc > Local Policies > Security Options
In right-hand pane look at: "Interactive logon: Do not display last user name". This should be "Disabled". If it isn't, double click and set to Disabled.

If this is enabled, you are shown a choice of users at logon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131515-one-account-no-password-box.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
Does anyone know a way to access a computer account on which
the password has been lost? Thanks

A:Account Password

Per forum rules:No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.Even if it's legitimate it is against the rulestopic closed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162596/account-password/
Relevancy 45.15%

Does anyone have experience with MS Office Accounting 2007? I installed this program for free from MS (it's the express version) and now it errors out when I try to open it and when I try to uninstall via the Control Panel. I'm stuck so if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it!

A:Problems With Microsoft Office Account 2007

Hi jfteague, welcome to BC.
Please post the exact contact of the error message\messages you recieve when attempting to launch or uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102764/problems-with-microsoft-office-account-2007/
Relevancy 45.15%

I had to sign up for a business office 365 account because my outlook.com account no longer supported my domain account.
I don't want to have 2 different accounts but all of my onedrive, one note, devices are under my personal account How do I merge the 2 acounts?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444940-how-do-i-merge-my-personal-business-account-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have one SkyDrive account connected to my Office 2013 installation. However, I am unable to add more. When I click Account - Add a service - Storage, SkyDrive is missing.

This only happens to me at work. My Office 2013 installation at home lets me add all 5 SkyDrive accounts.

How do I get that setting back?

A:Add SkyDrive account Missing from Office 2013

Are the 2 Office 2013 programs actually the same version or is your home one Office Home Premium 365, which I think allows you to install it on 5 of your family computers & is the work Office 2013 a professional business version, which may have different SkyDrive requirements.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317747-add-skydrive-account-missing-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there PLEASE TO ANY DEVELOPERS OF SOFTWARE Don't dumb the stuff Office cannot account 2013 - Outlook configure down so much that it's impossible to repair it if Office 2013 - Outlook cannot configure account it goes wrong Outlook won't set up an email account if the TEST SEND EMAIL fails This is a really stupid error on the part of the developers -- if you are in some places often your ISP won't let you logon to your email server to SEND email from programs like OUTLOOK SPAM protection amongst other things but insist that you use their webmail unless you are actually LOGGED ON to the ISP ISP's have no problem with you READING Email while on say a public other Wi-Fi system but often restrict the SENDING of emails through their servers from such Wi-Fi accesses - you often have to be logged on to your own ISP So if you are trying to set up the account while you are staying in a Hotel and using their broadband service it fails -- all I want is to be able to READ email until I can logon at home I can SEND via webmail or mobile phone so the stupid install process shouldn't stop me CREATING an account even if for the moment I can't use it for SENDING GRRH -- Don't the developers EVER speak to the END USERS any more before designing some install rubbish system like this Showstopper for me this one Rolled back to Office -- Outlook works fine - you can SKIP the test email send --this is what they should allow on Outlook as well Cheers jimbo

A:Office 2013 - Outlook cannot configure account

Maybe some "stability updates" will be released. Always the same problems with new software...

Good thing I couldn't upgrade (no free offer or reductions).
The Office 2010 runs super fast on my laptop and (for me) there's no need for another version for the moment.

Hopachi

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/14815-office-2013-outlook-cannot-configure-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have 2 user accounts on a computer (XP SP2 & MSoffice 2003). both have full access. when i set up everything and installed all the programs they were installed under my user account name. then when my my wife logs on, and tries to open a MS word documnet, she is always approached to install mS word. this is annoying and how can one get around it. i have put in the disk and followed the directions and it continues to do this. This is very annoying. if she clicks cancel, the screen will flicker and ms word will be working.

any idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asked-to-instal-ms-office-on-2nd-user-account.484264/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have foubd a website that claims that they are providing tech support for MS office accounts is iit possbile for such a bigh organisation to provide support like this Hey you can check this website for your help probable spam link deleted by Moderatoredited by moderator: Spam Link Deletion

A:Do microsoft provide any Office account service

No, it is not possible. Sites like these are scams which should be avoided at all costs. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/do-microsoft-provide-any-office-account-service/20590.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Software : Microsoft Office Professional 2003 with all updates

I created a new user on this machine. All programs seem to be working as expected with the new user account, except Microsoft Office.

When I try to open any of the MSO programs (Word, Excel, Outlook... ) a message box opens reading "Preparing to install..." After about 30 secs the error message as per the attached screenshot appears.

One would assume that the installer is looking for the original CD. However, there are 2 problems with this assumption - firstly there is no drive on this computer designated as U: and secondly the CD light does not come on so it is not attempting to access the CD drive.

There is an Administrator account and another user account on this machine. Both of these can access MS Office without any problems so it is setup for all users.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TiA

T.

A:Solved: Problem with MS Office and New User Account

The "solution" to this problem is quite annoyingly simple

For anyone else who may experience this issue do the following: -

1. Login as the Administrator
2. Change the New User account from Limited to Administrator
3. Logout and Login as the New User
4. Run any of the MS Office apps e.g. Word
5. When the error message now appears it will give you the option to change the drive letter
6. Change the drive letter to the letter of the CD drive
7. Insert the MS Office CD
8. The installer will now run
9. Logout and Login as the Administrator
10. Change the New User account back to Limited
11. Logout and Login as the New User
12. MS Office should now work as normal.

What an absolute pain in the......

It is not the fact that you have to do this that is a pain, but rather that the error message is so unhelpful. If the message said "You do not have enough priveledges to complete this operation, please login as an Administrator.... " Then we would know what to do and not waste precious hours.....

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-ms-office-and-new-user-account.710627/
Relevancy 45.15%

I use a web address to log into server, coupled with a Remote token, but cannot log in.
Could my PC be hacked??

A:Cannot log into my email account

Well we can run a couple scans. Is this Xp or another system? what is your emaill service?Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.Click the green button.Read the End User License Agreement and check the box: Check .Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Check Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)Click the Start button.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt. Push the button, then Finish.Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.Note: A log.txt file will also be created and automatical... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372221/cannot-log-into-my-email-account/
Relevancy 45.15%

I forgot how to do this but how do I sign in with a username and password.
Instead of using my person e-mail and password?

Do I need to create a new local account but how would I make that the main account to log in to?
Thanks.

A:Non-email account

If you are going to be using a non-email account, just use a local account.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/68771-non-email-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

yhoo.com will not let me enter my email account. had the same account for 5 years.same sign in name and pass word

A:cannot get to my email account

Contact Yahoo Mail. There should be contact details on their website without the need to login.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/cannot-get-to-my-email-account-504932.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a bit of a strange problem which I'm having difficulty in resolving Helping a friend who has just become VirginMedia cable customer having previously new IE email account and Add been with TalkTalk They are running Windows and IE plus Windows Live Mail as a client mail system Windows Live Mail now has mail accounts for Virgin and TalkTalk They have yet to close the TalkTalk service so when connected to that network and mail tested everything OK being able to send and receive from each account However when connected to the Virgin Network they cannot couldn't send from their TalkTalk account Help was sought from Add new email account and IE VirginMedia Community Forum and eventually resolved Issue was one of Virgin security and required using Virgin webmail account to quot Add an email account you already own quot i e the TalkTalk account Initially this didn't work as clicking the link using the IE browser nothing happened Clicking other links on the page resulted in either nothing happening or Add new email account and IE they got double blank pages showing It was suggested using a different browser Google Chrome was downloaded and installed and lo and behold everything was fine TalkTalk account added tested and they can send and receive when connected to the Virgin network Assumed issue resides with IE though what this is I've no idea I uninstalled IE and reverted to IE but the issue of trying to quot add an email account you already own quot still persists Is the problem with IE Would going back to IE make a difference Is the problem due to missing corrupt update or is the problem residing within Windows Really would appreciate some help on resolving this

A:Add new email account and IE

Hi there ... I would imagine your problem would be resolved when the Talk Talk account is closed .. I think its takes about 13 weeks .. If i was you I would do nothing till then continue using Chrome .. If you did manage to get IE fixed you could still have problems when Talk Talk is gone ... Maybe some other Member might have a better solution ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/322073-add-new-email-account-ie.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'v set up my laptop where I have to log on using my hotmail account.

How can I change this so I can log on without the need of an email address, instead with my name instead?

Thanks

A:How to log onto account without email

Go Charm Bar > Settings. Select "Change PC Settings." Select "Switch to a local account."

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13524-how-log-onto-account-without-email.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I don t know how sent from account my email being this is happening so I don t know if it falls under illegal activity I ve received email being sent from my account two notices one from symantic security notifying me that I sent an email with a virus attached and one from mailer daemon returning an undeliverable email both concerning mail from my account name to people I don email being sent from my account t know names NOT in my email being sent from my account contact list I am the only user on my computer I run XP I have current version of Norton anti virus with live update enabled My security levels are medium high I have aluria spyware I use MSN hotmail Verizon DSL Another peculiar event is I do not have AOL but I had AIM when I signed onto AIM I got a notice saying I am signed on in two places AOL and AIM which can t be If this is illegal activity who do I contact how do I stop it MSN is a round robin help site that is No help at all and verizon does the same thing round and round I go with no help I did change all my passwords after the first notice from Symantic Should I cancel my email account and start a new one My virus software says my computer is clean I have nothing in quarantine nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Need help on how to add a new Email account. Tried HELP but all I get are general instructions. Have tried every way I know how but I cannot add a new account to my Email. Can someone give me step by step info?
Using XP Mail, Outlook Express.

Relevancy 45.15%

Im struggling to create a gmail account. Grateful for any help.

A:new email account

What is the problem that's stopping you creating the account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-email-account.1156356/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I can not add a new account in the configuration of Windows 10, or manage existing account. pressing to add or manage opens for a second the new window and closes without displaying any errors or anything.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58962-i-can-not-add-email-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i am running windows 7 with windows live mail i have just set up i have a new email address but i have set up i think my partners e mail account from sky but it isnt picking up her sky emails i would appreciate any help on this matter as i am new to using windows 7 with windows live mail thanks in advance

A:sky email account

Quote: Originally Posted by johndp

i am running windows 7 with windows live mail i have just set up i have a new email address but i have set up i think my partners e mail account from sky but it isnt picking up her sky emails i would appreciate any help on this matter as i am new to using windows 7 with windows live mail thanks in advance

Do you get error messages?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/36629-sky-email-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Right now I am using Windows Live Mail 2012. Will this perform well on Windows 10? Seems I read something to the effect that both WLM and Thunderbird have some significant problems on Windows 10.

A:Email account

Yes. I am using WLM 2012 on my 2 laptops running Windows 10.
No issues at all.
I have been using WLM since Windows 7 days.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/47711-email-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,

Can you guide me which will be the best free email service provider to open the email account.

I want to open email account which I should I be able to access externally, using outlook express, eudora, thunderbird, etc.

Currently I am having hotmail account, [email protected] But I am not at all satisfied with its speed and accessibility. also very soon it is going paid email service which I dont prefer.

Kindly guide me with the link.

Thanks,

R K Gupta

A:email account

I dont kn ow of any thats pop enabled. But google has one that has 1gb free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7108/email-account/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all having trouble with virgin media and windows live mail made new account at virgin media and can login there fine but wont except my password at windows live mail ??? what's going on ....... all my other email accounts work fine but they end "ntlworld.com" this new one ends "virginmedia.com"

A:New Email Account

Hi there .. The Link below should be of some help ...
How do I set up Windows Live Mail?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/337751-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

have a system here that I'm locked out of due to an unknown password. I've tried all the safe modes available but everything wants a password for the user account. I also attempted an image restore but that also wanted a password. There appears to only be one user account on the system & that is the one that has the unknown pass. I'm pretty much locked out of the system as nothing goes beyond the password request. I've also tried [removed by mod] Live CD but it was unable to retrieve the password. Does anyone know of a good free password recovery or reset tool that will allow me to access the system?

A:user account password

Sorry to report that we can not help you with that problem, per site rules

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-password.927028/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone!

While I have used these forums for all sorts of information, this is my first post.... and it is a question.

My cousin is having problems with her son getting around the different parental controls that she has set up. He is even getting around a fingerprint reader. She has decided she's tired of his games and wants the computer to be a single account with one access password. She is using Vista Home. Myself, I am still using XP, so Vista does not come naturally to me.

My question is this:

Would deleting all the current accounts and activating the hidden "A"dministrator account and passwording it make it secure? So that even "safe mode" would only have the one possible account and require a password as well?

And any ideas anyone has about this I am willing to entertain. I want to lock this baby down!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247213/one-account-with-password-access/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, just wondering if I'm able to set up a UAC password so that whenever someone tries to install a program or something on the admin account I'm in now, it asks for a password. Is it possible? Atm all you have to do is click 'yes' or whatever.

A:UAC Password in Admin Account - how?

Hi -

If you activate the hidden Administrator user account and create a password for the account, that password will then be required to get past the UAC.

http://jcgriff2.com/0x1/Activate_Hidden_Admin.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uac-password-in-admin-account-how-505952.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running Windows XP on a family computer and my little brother put a password on his account and he forgot what it is. To make things worse he did not add a password reminder. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow change his password or remove the password? If so, how would I go about doing it?

A:Lost XP Account Password

log into the admin account or a user who has admin priv and change your brothers password

control panel>
user accounts>
then highlight brothers account and reset password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-xp-account-password.265932/
Relevancy 45.15%

Can anyone help me to get rid of the message " this account is not using windows password, please create password for this user"?
This appears everytime I start up the computer. I do not want a password as there are multiple users for this computer.

Thanks!

A:this account is not using windows password

All you can do is disable all the security notifications by going to:

Control Panel ---> Security Center ---> Check This Computer Security Status

Then on the left hand side click on "Change The Way Security Center Alerts Me" and then click "Don't Notify Me and Don't Display The Icon".

I think that should work for the notification you are talking about.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/116699-account-not-using-windows-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi When I try to log in to World account. changed two Password from been of Warcraft last night April I found out my passwords from two account have been Password been changed from two account. changed All items from the characters in these accounts are sold completely I am positive nobody else besides me knows my account information and I have been using this laptop to play for more than months FYI My last log in was last Thursday April around midnight I Password been changed from two account. used Avast to find some Trojans after but I am still unsure about the security of my laptop I would like to know if my laptop is clean now and I would also want to know how I got these harmful program from so I may prevent them from the Password been changed from two account. future Here is the log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Brian on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS system BCMWLTRY EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent Mcdetect exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent McTskshd exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO McVSEscn exe C Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MpfService exe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKAgent exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MpfTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PPStream PPSAP exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NicConfigSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe C Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Brian Desktop dss exe C WINDOWS system conime exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/password-been-changed-from-two-account-242218.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am the administrator on our windows 8.1 PC. My husband has a local account. My account is regularly used by our visiting children & they are used to my set-up & s/w.
Until yesterday, I did not use a password for my account (all sensitive information is password protected by file or folder). Yesterday, I re-installed Microsoft Solitaire collection & since then I have only been able to access my PC account after I have input my Microsoft account password. I find this a nuisance. I want to be the one to determine the security I need & I don't need my account or administrator rights password protected.
How can I get rid of this unnecessary step?
Thank-you in advance for any help you can offer.

A:Password protected account

hello,welcome to eightforums .check this tutorial to set it so you don't need to put in password .good luck
Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/44376-password-protected-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How can I password protect a certain account?

Thanks!

A:Password protect an account

Hi!
Open control panel > user accounts > change an account

Nicholas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/password-protect-an-account-145084.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have change my live account password and it should also change my windows login password right?

A:account password not updated

Hello toink,

If you sign in to Windows with that same Microsoft account, then yes the next time you sign in, you should have to use your new password.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54743-account-password-not-updated.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am a year old who had his first computer a Commodore in the early eighties and have enjoyed computers ever since currently using WIndows Having just bought a smart 'phone I find that I'm unable to buy apps for it unless I remember my Windows Live account password The problem is that I must have chosen a password many years ago which I have never had to use and have therefore forgotten So the problem is resetting a forgotten password I spent literally hours yesterday complying and answering the same questions Microsoft account password again and again giving my second Email address date of birth and location mother's maiden name and the subject of my latest private Email only to arrive back at the original log-on window Microsoft once sent a temp password for me to enter which did not work The password reset file I made in a flash drive was a psw file which crashed Word and didn't work It is obvious that many Microsoft account password people have had the same problem with Microsoft Can anyone help

A:Microsoft account password

Try this page:
Forgotten password and other sign-in problems - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353059-microsoft-account-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Windows 7 account has been set up without a password. If I try to add one, there are warning messages that I may lose stored passwords and something called EFS.
Can I ignore these and add a password to the account?

A:Adding an account password

That is the Encrpyting File System. Its up to you, but little loss. Add the password if you like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107458-adding-account-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey
I really need some help. I have a toshiba equium laptop and the other day my laptop infomred that one of the files were corrupted. I restarted my laptop and the check disc program fixed the corrupted file but now, I am asked for a password to enter my user accouont. I have never had a password on it and have tried every possibilty. I am all out of ideas, I have downloaded a program that supposedly changes passwords but I can't get it to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Morne

A:User Account password

at the login screen ctrl+alt+del do it twice in succession you will get a new login menu use administrator (provided no password used) usually none. go to admin tools and computer management /users and groups (your username) properties find a menu to reset the password at next logon this may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-password.725880/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running Windows XP on a family computer and my little brother put a password on his account and he forgot what it is. To make things worse he did not add a password reminder. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow change his password or remove the password? If so, how would I go about doing it?

A:Lost XP Account Password

log into the admin account or a user who has admin priv and change your brothers password

control panel>
user accounts>
then highlight brothers account and reset password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-xp-account-password.265932/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm trying to set a password for my user account, but every time I enter it and hit the "create password" button, an error message pops up saying "Windows cannot change the password". Any ideas on why thats happening to me?

A:Why can't I set a password to my user account?

Hi tank222 and welcome to Vista Forums

Have a look at this Tutorial to see if it helps solve your problem: Password - Prevent or Allow to Change

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195312-why-cant-i-set-password-my-user-account.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How do I delete the account password?

A:delete the account password.

Win+R->lusrmgr.mscRight Click on the user: SAEED ->Set Password...Leave blank on both password fields then click OK.

Password of User Account - Remove in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36740-delete-account-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Does having a password assigned to the Administer Account give it more control or power than not having a password. Or just to keep anyone from making changes to a computer. Reason for this question is I was told it did more when installing or uninstalling programs to have one. Made no sense to me.

Thanks

A:Administer Account Password

Hi Camper, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Not sure about that either. The whole purpose of a password is for security to keep people from logging on to your account, or from a user giving administrator permission when they get a UAC prompt.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/205473-administer-account-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all, I wasn't sure where to put this seeing as it is an odd question.

I was wondering if I can have my account on my Windows 7 pc accept two passwords, one that I know that has full administrative rights, and another that is not an administrator. I don't want 2 separate accounts, just different login parameters.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it,
Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I only have one account on my laptop (so I think it's the administrator one, unless that one is hidden on the welcome screen). Recently I added a password to it, and after that I wasn't on it for a while, so I forgot what it was.

I've tried everything. I'm still working on a list of what the password could've been, so when I'm finished with that I'll try all of them. Is there any way to reset it or retrieve it or something, like in safe mode, or some sort of setting in safe mode or something?

I found another thread like this, and someone said it was against the rules because it was illegal, but I don't see how trying to get my own account's password is illegal! And if it is, what are you supposed to do, because I bet millions of people forget their passwords!

A:I forgot my only account's password

Quote:

I don't see how trying to get my own account's password is illegal!

Due to Forum Rules we cannot assist with password retrieval. We don't know if you actually own this computer or if you are trying to access a computer illegally.
Restart the computer and press F8. Boot into Safe Mode. Here the Hidden Built in Administrator account which was established when the XP was installed, will be accessible. Try booting into the Administrator account. If you did not set a password for this account, leave it blank. If you can't log into that account then you are out of luck. This thread is now closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-forgot-my-only-accounts-password-661711.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I have a really big problem, i forgot my MS account password... because i never used it. So now i want to make my win8 to local only user account, but i need ms account password to delete the account. Is this anyway without reinstalling windows to do this?
Note: Recovery options for password recovery doesn't work... i don't have any.

A:Deleting MS account without password?

Hello Trilis, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Please elaborate on what's not working on the password recovery.

You should be able to reset the password instead using step 2 and 5 in OPTION TWO the tutorial below on any computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47220-deleting-ms-account-without-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I forgot my password please help me reset it thanks

A:Enter the password for this account

Hi, See your earlier post on the link below. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Restore/m-p/5768147 DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Enter-the-password-for-this-account/td-p/5768172
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I am new to this forum and I am hoping that someone here can help me with the problem I am having on one of my laptops I bought a laptop for my daughter awhile back I set up a user account as the administrator being me The issue I am having is the admn password keeps expiring So I have to reset the password This time I can't recall the password I previously used I need to download a antivirus program I recently purchased for the laptop but I can't because the pc is requiring me to do this from my user account admn account I can't remember the password for the admn account On top of that I thought that the admn user account would say administrator under the with help user password I need account account icon I may be incorrect in recalling that though Anyhow I really need some help in figuring out how to reset my password so I can download the antivirus software on the pc Also is there a way to disable the password expiring I am so frustrated over this I tried everything I could think of to access my user account but no luck Please help Thank You Kathi

A:I need help with user account password

Hello Kathi, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if one of the options in the tutorial below may be able to reset your password.

User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271329-i-need-help-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have recently ran into an issue that is probably not too uncommon but I am having issues with I currently forgot my password for my admin account on my laptop that runs on windows vista i have looked up ways to bypass this issue and have ran into some issues along the way so admin password account, please help first i looked up a password rescuer online but figured that i would have a hard time running it because my pass is more than characters long i also tried to run a system restore on it for an earlier time before i changed the password password admin account, please help that i have currently forgot but an error keeps coming up due to a corrupted file on my c drive all i want to do is gain access to my admin account so i can back up the files that are precious to me so i can run a factory restore on my computer then have it running clean again Anyhow I looked online for some other ideas and im currently reading and looking into ways to bypass the admin account by using a sticky keys trick the windows vista password or offline enabling the built in admin account on vista The trouble that I am having is that i made it to where my files were viewable and accessable only through the admin account does that mean they are encrypted also would doing these tricks possibly delete my files or make them unaccessable i also dont have a vista or windows setup dvd could i possibly do anything to bypass the admin account to keep my files without the dvd thank you so much i know im in one heck of a pickle any help is very appreciated

A:password admin account, please help

Welcome
First, you must realize that your question is rather sensitive. Although I do believe your explanation, we must exert extreme care in these situations. Here are our published solutions.
Password Reset Options in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums
I do hope they help. They work for Vista, too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295804-password-admin-account-please-help.html