Windows Support Forum

unique downloading speed issue

Q: unique downloading speed issue

I have recently chosen a new ISP and am paying for a 1Mbps connection.The problem is that i get a very low download speed of say 16Kbps only when i download using IE. Howver when i use a download manager speeds move up to 100 Kbps and the download gets completed in 1/7th of the time.

Another thing that seems related is that even if i download 6 -7 files at one time (simultaneously) each one will download at around 16 - 18 Kbps totalling to the same overall seed that i expect to get on my 1Mbps connection

Is there something i can try from my end before i blame my ISP?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: unique downloading speed issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: unique downloading speed issue

If you download the same exact file from the same location via another browser, are speeds normal?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/157238-unique-downloading-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I keep getting a message stating that I don't have privileges to download Real Player and that I should see my administrator. This is a home computer and I am the administrator. What should I do? I need help. Thanks.

A:<Moved> very unique problem downloading realplayer...

What browser are you using?
What OS are you using?
Are their any other user accounts on your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-very-unique-problem-downloading-realplayer-185501.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone !

I have an old Dv7 laptop and I know its known for heating issues but im facing a unique situation. Over the years I have never have any issue , only this week I have noticed it over heats. and on further observation I can see that the fan isnt running most of the time.

However If I tap the laptop's backside with my hand , fan just starts running as it should. I thought its some connection issue and opened it up but coulndt find anything. The fan isnt dirty aswell. Just wont run automatically....

Also on very very rare instances It starts itself aswell.

Is there something I can do myself with it OR just give up and take it to a repair guy ?

Thanks a lot !

Regards

A:Unique fan issue Dv7

The fan's motor could be burning out (wearing out). Those symptoms are common when fans get old and start dying.

If you are mechanically inclined and are comfortable disassembling a laptop you could replace the fan (actually better to replace the entire cooling assembly) pretty easily.

If you are not comfortable doing this than a repair shop can do it in a couple of hours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287181-unique-fan-issue-dv7.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I think I may have a "zinger" here. I am completely out of ideas on what could be causing and have googled endlessly to solve this. On my W7 Ult PC I cannot establish any sort of VPN issue. I set up my desktop as a VPN server over PPTP and the computers fail to establish a connection giving error 720. Further, I believe it could be related when trying to connect to a SSL VPN server using Cisco AnyConnect I get an error saying that it can't contact the VPN service.

It's not my router, I am able to connect using another laptop to the SSL VPN. I have reset several times regardless.

It is not windows firewall as I have tried turning it off.

I think it is some failing windows 7 service...

Any help/guidance would be very much appreciated.

A:Unique VPN issue...

Have you ask Cisco support?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/71280-unique-vpn-issue.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I m having an internet issue that is making me want to pull my hair Issue. Unique out I was getting limited or no connectivity and the troubleshooter was telling me it was having trouble automatically detecting proxy settings This is a home connection so there is no need for a proxy for starters nor is there one in place More recently since restarting the computer multiple times it is quot claiming quot to have internet access but it does not I m still unable to ping sites like Google and Yahoo I tried the following Removing McAfee with the removal tool Resetting Internet Explorer settings Winsock reset Removing any programs that could be causing conflict Tried a new network card same issue Every computer in the house works on the network except this one Confirmed that the computer does NOT have any infections by running Unique Issue. TDSSKiller Combofix and Malwarebytes all updated Unique Issue. There s probably more troubleshooting steps I took I m not remembering currently I checked the Hosts file to see if anything fishy was going on it looks normal The one thing that DID stand out to me was my FSS log file which stated that my localhost is being blocked Any help would Unique Issue. be appreciated I ve attached the FSS log file for anyone that wants to view it The machine is Windows x Home Premium

A:Unique Issue.

ScizZLE,Since you have already run Combofix, please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454412/unique-issue/
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve been an Very XP Windows with unique issue avid admirer of Microsoft Windows for a couple of years now and I have been using the OS without any actual problem that I can t fix myself However I ve come a across a situation which has now forced me Very unique issue with Windows XP to use the Windows beta release because Very unique issue with Windows XP I am not able to use windows XP which I am most comfortable with Let me explain why - The first OS i installed on my computer was Win XP SP When SP was released I installed that one promptly When Windows Beta became available I decided to give it a try and format my drive and installed the new OS But since I found that was in beta it was not completely reliable so I switched back to XP When I switched back to XP SP the installation went fine and I was able to log on to windows without any problem The issue started as soon as I installed my motherboard drivers When I restarted my system after installing the drivers a whole lot of errors started cropping up especially the one with quot data execution prevention quot and I wasn t able to run many programs including quot system quot in the control panel quot data execution prevention quot wouldn t allow me to run programs which were mostly Windows native programs At one point windows totally stopped me from logging on All I could run was the Task Manager I restarted my PC into safe mode to see if I could find any solution However the problem persisted and so I change my installation disk to SP and reformatted my drive and reinstalled windows The same problem crops up after installing the motherboard drivers and now I m really baffled because this is my first experience of this kind after using Windows for so many years Please note that this problem does not arise with Windows or Vista If anyone could help me solve this issue I d be really grateful Here s my System Configuration Intel core Duo processor E GHZ GB RAM Currently running Windows without any issues SATA hard disks GB each Windows Installation discs I use that both installed correctly - Windows XP SP and SP Motheboard - ASUS with NVIDIA Chipset Drivers -chipset -NVIDIA chipset driver package for XP and bit XP WHQL -NVIDIA chipset driver package for Vista and bit Vista WHQL -RIS -RIS for MCP -NDIS -NDIS for MCP -Audio -Realtek Audio Driver V for Windows XP bit WHQL -Realtek Audio Driver V for Windows Vista amp bit Vista WHQL nbsp

A:Very unique issue with Windows XP

try and format the entire hard drive again and reinstall windows xp once again. See if the problem persists

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-unique-issue-with-windows-xp.818222/
Relevancy 56.33%

I run a motel and the network for the guests is working fine. So now I'm setting up homegroup for office folks. One of the employees just got a new Win 8.1 system. I have no idea what he did (neither does he of course). Some how he is admin of the homegroup and has no idea what happened. I've coached him how to leave the group. Somehow he left the group but is still the admin. I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to kill the home group, make me the admin, and start from scratch. Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dusty

A:Unique Networking Issue

Quote: Originally Posted by DustyV

I run a motel and the network for the guests is working fine. So now I'm setting up homegroup for office folks. One of the employees just got a new Win 8.1 system. I have no idea what he did (neither does he of course). Some how he is admin of the homegroup and has no idea what happened. I've coached him how to leave the group. Somehow he left the group but is still the admin. I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to kill the home group, make me the admin, and start from scratch. Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dusty

You would need to make sure that every machine that joined this Homegroup has left the Homegroup then create a new one on your own machine.

I'm sure what you mean about the Homegroup admin? There is no such designation that I am aware of.

It's very easy to accidently create a Homegroup with Windows 8/8.1 without even knowing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317559-unique-networking-issue.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Kay this problem has me stumped.
Had my camcorder connected to my PC and was about to copy video using windows movie maker. Everything was going fine, until the usb cable accidentally came loose and disconnected from my pc. WMM gave me an error telling me the device was no longer found and I should check an reconnect etc. I did so, but windows wasn't finding it. and I don't mean that it wasn't recognizing the camcorder but it wasn't notifying me that any new media was detected at all.

I know its not a fault of the cable, or my install, or my camera,

I have rebooted, disconnected the power cable, removed the drivers, all to no avail.

I went thru windows "moron solutions" also turned off power save for all usb hub.

Any suggestions whatsoever would be much appriceated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unique-usb-issue-anyone-else-encounter-this.830185/
Relevancy 56.33%

So. I keep seeing threads about USB sticks not being recognized by XP for one reason or another, mostly to do with the drive not being assigned a letter - but here's a new one.

ANY kind of USB drive attached to this particular laptop I'm writing on will NOT show up in the "My Computer" window. HOWEVER, can always be accessed by entering the drive letter E: or F: or G: (depends on if there's a CD in the drive, MagicDisc iso manager, other usb drives etc) in the "run" box. While this is something i can get around, it becomes a problem when trying to save documents directly to the USB drive in question.

Right clicked on "My Computer", chose "manage". Any USB drives are clearly present under disk management, along with the drive letter they're currently assigned.

Anyone know what's going on here??

A:Unique USB drive issue

I've seen this one before, Try closing all non-essential processes and then try it. Also, if you have any Networked Drives mapped, try de-mapping them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unique-usb-drive-issue.943575/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have what I suspect is a fairly unique problem with my CD-ROM Drive. It wouldn't play anything a month or so back, and it was Corrupt Driver related. This issue was solved here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1044435-solved-cannot-find-lost-lg.html

I figured it was fixed and marked the thread solved, yet until I tried to play a DVD, I learned it plays CD's, but not DVD's. Does anyone have any speculation on this. ALL information is greatly appreciated.

A:Unique DVD Reading Issue.

Use a tool to determine exactly what the drive can and cannot play. I may be missing something, but can you explain what makes this "unique"?

VSO Inspector
Nero Info Tool
CD/DVD Capabilities Viewer

If it is DVD-capable and won't work, try a live CD to see if it works under a different OS so you will know if it is software-related. But the laser may be burned out, too. It uses a different one for reading DVD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unique-dvd-reading-issue.1050043/
Relevancy 56.33%

I ve been an avid admirer of Microsoft Windows for a couple of years now and I have been using the OS without any actual problem that I can t fix myself However I ve come a across a situation which has now forced me to use the Windows beta release because I am not able to use windows XP which I XP Very issue unique Windows with am most comfortable with Let me explain why - The first OS i installed on my computer was Win XP SP When SP was released I installed that one promptly When Windows Beta became available I decided to Very unique issue with Windows XP give it a try and format my drive and installed the new OS But since I found that was in beta it was not completely reliable so I switched back to XP When I switched back to XP SP the installation went fine Very unique issue with Windows XP and I was able to log on to windows without any problem The issue started as soon as I installed my motherboard drivers When I restarted my system after installing the drivers a whole lot of errors started cropping up especially the one with quot data execution prevention quot and I wasn t able to run many programs including quot system quot in the control panel quot data execution prevention quot wouldn t allow me to run programs which were mostly Windows native programs At one point windows totally stopped me from logging on All I could run was the Task Manager I restarted my PC into safe mode to see if I could find any solution However the problem persisted and so I change my installation disk to SP and reformatted my drive and reinstalled windows The same problem crops up after installing the motherboard drivers and now I m really baffled because this is my first experience of this kind after using Windows for so many years Please note that this problem does not arise with Windows or Vista If anyone could help me solve this issue I d be really grateful Here s my System Configuration Intel core Duo processor E GHZ GB RAM Currently running Windows without any issues SATA hard disks GB each Windows Installation discs I use that both installed correctly - Windows XP SP and SP Motheboard - ASUS with NVIDIA Chipset Drivers -chipset -NVIDIA chipset driver package for XP and bit XP WHQL -NVIDIA chipset driver package for Vista and bit Vista WHQL -RIS -RIS for MCP -NDIS -NDIS for MCP -Audio -Realtek Audio Driver V for Windows XP bit WHQL -Realtek Audio Driver V for Windows Vista amp bit Vista WHQL nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I m having this problem that I ve never even heard of before but here is a rundown of what it is If I have any application up after about a minute or so in 8. unique issue windows Very all of the buttons on my desktop bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks as well as the minimize and exit buttons in the top right corner of whatever I am running Even the menus Very unique issue in windows 8. opened up by windows button C are unresponsive The only way I can change what I m viewing is through alt tab but even when I do that the only program that is responsive to mouse clicks keyboard is whatever was currently up when it went into this mode Another effect I noticed with this specific to web browsers is that if it starts while I am using a web browser it acts as if I am spamming the previous page button and it will just keep going back through all the pages I have been to The only way I can unlock my computer from this mode is by hitting ctrl alt del and opening up the task manager For some reason that will unlock the computer for a minute or so and then it will come back This effect just randomly started happening a few days ago and I was currently running windows but I decided to go ahead and get the windows update to see if it would fix it and even after the update the same problem continued I have tried all kinds of google searches and talked to a Microsoft support tech about the problem but so far I haven t even heard of anyone having the same problem much less getting a solution I have also already done multiple scans on my computer to chck for malware viruses and nothing came up Any help will be much appreciated

A:Very unique issue in windows 8.

Did you make a restore point to before this issue arose ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48633-very-unique-issue-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

OK let me preface this by saying that I repair computers as a hobby I do know that I'm doing usually Given that I have an issue with Issue... Unique A Brightness Screen screen brightness Using FN and F does not increase brightness swap FN with CTRL is disabled in my bios - FN A Unique Screen Brightness Issue... is FN The screen brightness indicator when I use the FN F key indicates the screen is at max brightness yet at minimum there is no change in brightness My ambient light sensor is disabled so I COULD use the FN key to adjust brightness I have reinstalled my chipset drivers flashed my bios and tried damn near everything to get my brightness up Currently my brightness is at minimum despite my power options saying its full and the onscreen indicator when FN is used telling me the same At bootup and in the BIOS I am able to adjust the brightness and it DOES get significantly brighter and dimmer when I use the FN keys I have scoured the internet and have found nothing relating to my issue as of yet hopefully someone here can help me out Side note I have a Compaq w with Vista Ultimate x on it yes a legit copy All windows updates are done I have even done what I normally refrain from doing - installing all of the HP Compaq base software garbage that they like to preload in hopes of remedying my issues with the screen brightness level Anyone have any idea what I should do next -Grodii

Relevancy 55.9%

We make PDFs a variety of ways from an office document quot print quot a copying issue unique? acrobat regarding PDF computers have full versions of Acrobat or from our smarttech software we quot print quot a PDF computers have full versions of Acrobat or scanning from our copy machine and having it email to the user Two different problems BACKGROUND Our copy machine was replaced about month ago When opening a PDF from this machine the user can copy and paste a selected portion of the PDF into unique? acrobat issue regarding copying a document of one s choosing It looks great and will allow the selection automatically PROBLEM With the new machine when we paste the copy is so distorted that it is unusable I cannot find anywhere on the Konica Minolta C s to unique? acrobat issue regarding copying change scanning features etc and can t figure out why this would be different from our last Konica Minolta copy machine PROBLEM With PDFs that are from unique? acrobat issue regarding copying smarttech or office documents we cannot copy and paste in the same way that we do from the scanned documents from the copy machine Needless to say not being an expert in scanning copy machines or adobe acrobat I am confused With regards to problem we have looked for scanner settings thought that it might need to scan at a higher rate and we did duplicate the issue on another computer different documents and OS just to be certain I have checked the PDF settings with regards to problem within acrobat and cannot find any differences I couldn t even snip via OSWindows i e screen shot Help please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unique-acrobat-issue-regarding-copying.974722/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been allover the web and talking to other people about many issue...that puzzled has Font Unique this issue for about days now and we do not know where to go from here I have received a photoshop editing job that requires me to download and install Unique Font issue...that has puzzled many a set of fonts that were given to me in a giant file by email I opened the set with WinRar and all went smoothly until I tried to install them I used the basic method of Font Folder- gt File- gt Install new font and I got this error http i tinypic com z o jpg So then I tried to save the file to my external and then install it then I tried to extract it and install I took individual fonts from the file and tried to install it that way but got the exact same error I was recommended to install a font Veiwer so I installed AMP Font Veiwer and the files open up in this program but when I go to install it I run into the same issue It is a rather strange error considering it doesn't have an error code or anything It's like it just can't locate the files but they files are there I have been able to download fonts in the past One of my teachers gave me a font her purchased on my external harddrive and my font folder accepted that font without any problems not that long ago Thank you for reading and any suggestions would be appriciated Middy

A:Unique Font issue...that has puzzled many

hello Middy

If you know where they are located, can you just drag them from one folder and drop them into the font folder?

good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280331-unique-font-issue-has-puzzled-many.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I need professional help but especially with audio I have a new HP Pavilion HDX with Vista Ultimate x All audio works be it HD DVD CDs and nearly all video and audio files But a few specific WMV files play video but not audio This WMV Issue Unique Files Audio with is true whether they re played in WMP Winamp or any other player so the player issue is eliminated Vista s Unique Audio Issue with WMV Files audio meter bounces as though it can hear the sound but it doesn t make it to Unique Audio Issue with WMV Files the speakers The same files do work on my other PCs both XP and -bit Vista You would think it would be a Codec issue so I installed CodecInstaller and analyzed the codecs There is no common theme among the audio codecs that I can determine Some files have perfect audio and others that seem to have the same codec are silent with great video I also took a risk and installed the well-regarded-in-some-circles K-Lite codec pack It made no difference either way But when I convert them to AVI files with a conversion program they work fine You d think this would narrow it down The sound card has current drivers and seems to work great I m just at a loss What would cause this only for certain WMV files but they work after being converted to AVI and codecs don t seem to be the issue Thanks for any insight you can provide

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/126786-unique-audio-issue-wmv-files.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The issue very slow bootups in XP to the point where an ATI app gives an error message that the video driver isn t loaded - it does eventually after about seconds Also slow shutdowns The event viewer shows the apparent problem - error message on bootup is quot The DCOM Server Process Launcher service cause, Unique is solution? known but - startup/shutdown what issue hung on starting quot and after bootup services msc shows the process as quot starting quot not quot started quot However this is in fact incorrect - based on facts Process Explorer shows the service as running with a few dependent exe s running underneath it and certain functions that will not work when I boot with DCOM server process launcher disabled which by the way solves the speed-of-boot issue Unique startup/shutdown issue - known cause, but what is solution? such as my Creative sound card tools are working fine when this service shows as quot starting quot - as Unique startup/shutdown issue - known cause, but what is solution? does Autoupdate which needs this service as well So Unique startup/shutdown issue - known cause, but what is solution? the problem is not with the process but the way it is being incorrectly monitored A search on this forum and via Google found nobody with the same identified problem I think this issue arises as an aftereffect of a rootkit virus infection which Gringo of the malware response team on this forum helped me to remove - my system now scans clean with several trojans etc removed and my log thread with him is finished but he was stuck on this issue Solutions tried reinstall of SP Gringo s suggestion ran SFC SCANNOW - no problems reported Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Unique startup/shutdown issue - known cause, but what is solution?

<<I think this issue arises as an aftereffect of a rootkit virus infection which Gringo of the malware response team on this forum helped me to remove.>>

IMO...one of the problems with malware...is that removal of the malware is not the only consideration. Ruling out hard drive/partition complications...any number of system files may be damaged or missing.

Running sfc /scannow, using the appropriate disk, attempts to overcome this possibility. It's not always successful.

Malware aside...there are any number of "mysterious issues" with Windows that can only seemingly be overcome...by a clean install. I can't tell you why that is, other than the complexity of a system is something we all seem to dismiss too often.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422477/unique-startupshutdown-issue-known-cause-but-what-is-solution/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys I'm on a workstation here Multiple displays resolutions share - A unique issue dont at work posting this because I dont know what else to do I have this computer with a GeForce TurboCache gfx card in it With two Samsung SyncMaster BW attached One VGA one DVI Earlier this pc was running windows XP and A unique issue - Multiple displays dont share resolutions both displays were set to their native resolution of x I deployed Windows on it and now I can't set both monitors One is at x the other defaults to x AND they A unique issue - Multiple displays dont share resolutions get swaped around on the multi display The left gets put on the right etc If I try and select x it flickers but no resolution change Yes I'm on the latest Nvidia driver for this brand of card No I haven't tried another card yet because I can't find a spare It was working in XP and trying to get to the bottom of this is frustrating If you need more information ask I'm going to be here for more hours Also in case it's relevant - In the Nvidia control panel under 'change resolutions' It correctly detects both sync masters It's detecting the VGA one as 'VGA - PC display' but the DVI one as quot composite - standard definition television quot Googling hasn't turned up any clues Thanks fellas

A:A unique issue - Multiple displays dont share resolutions

AGP. PCI or PCI-E? If it is AGP and depending on the age. it may take the XP AGP driver (part of the chipset) as on some the native Windows 7 AGP support isn't enough for an AGP video card and its drivers to work properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/195120-unique-issue-multiple-displays-dont-share-resolutions.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok guys I @1/150 the speed should. I Downloading go to a technical university with it s own internet servers no more than a few hundred yards from my dorm The download speeds late and night and early in Downloading @1/150 the speed I should. the morning are insane http www speedtest net result png download and up with ms ping it gets into the s and s often My problem is when I download things on my brand new Asus laptop with sandy bridge i amp processor and gigs of ram I max out at about kb s The first week I was here about a month ago I would download in the Mb s range My roommate has a Mac and he downloads off the same router as me at Mb s all the time I ve tried hooking my laptop up straight to the Ethernet port in the wall and I still get the same speeds I ve downloaded files straight from Firefox uTorrent Steam and a few other programs and it never gets over Kb s on any of them What do you guys think could be the problem Open ports Clean register I just got this laptop months ago and this is driving me crazy Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

recently i am downloading some big files from the internet and i found that it takes me about 1 day to finish downloading...is there any solution to speed up my download ??
i appreciate helps from the members here

Relevancy 51.17%

I have broadband 1.5 mbps
When i run the speakeasy speed test it shows that too roughly 1.5 mbps, however when i am downloading stuff i always max out at about 50 - 60 kbps.
When i am downloading torrent files i know it depends on how many seeders you have and whatnot but i noticed it doesn't matter if i have 1 file downloading or 10 at any given time, it adds up to roughly 50 - 60 kbps.
I even opened up limewire while also downloading the torrent file and it split it up between the 2 programs each downloading at about 25 - 30 kbps.
How do the isp come up with their figure of 1.5 mbps?

A:Downloading speed

well, your ISP must be using same method as Speak Easy as you say they both arrive at the same numbers?

But that measurement speed test arrives at 1.5MB is the download transfer time the calculate between you and a server physically shorter distance to you (then your other internet data requests) which is downloading a file of fixed size. So it becomes just math of size/time for your download rate.

Now, all that said, all your file transfers aren't under the same conditions as the speed test where, for one thing, you are using a server close to you. So testing with their server over short distance vs. unknown server far away doesn't account for:
- delays due to routing the data back/forth around the world
- the data server on other end (as well as communication servers in between) may not all be as fast as the one at Speak Esy for your test
- various other internet unknowns... which you can continue to investigate but for the most part are not probably due to your ISP. And your ISP can't deliver data any faster then the speed of the slowest link along the back/forth network path your data has taken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloading-speed.115251/
Relevancy 51.17%

how can i slow down the downloading speed when i am not using any download managers.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,
In the last 24 hours I have noticed a 'slower downloading' of my internet browsing. Almost every I try to do like refresh pages, watch videos, post topics and click on links it takes forever. Youtube videos or online streams take forever to load and they play in 'clips' not straight through. Even music played through WMP is slow and clippy.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with SP 1.

What do I need to do?

cbh

A:Slow downloading speed

Also I use IE8 for my browser.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421178/slow-downloading-speed/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 1.5 meg internet connection. I am wondering why I donít always download at 155 kb/ sec. Sometimes I only download at 90kb/ sec. Why? For example I am currently downloading something from Rapid Share. Rapid share says they have more then enough bandwidth to support any download speed at any time. So itís not on their end. And I am not consuming bandwidth with anything else. All the bandwidth is being used to download the file. And itís not my connection. I did a speed check test and it said I was connected at 1.25 mbps and that I could download at 155 kbps. So whatís going on? I have seen this happen many times with different sites.

The only firewall I have is Windows firewall.

A:Only downloading at 2/3rds max speed sometimes???

Internet connection speeds aren't guaranteed. Those max speeds are usually when it's not peak time when everyone else isn't on downloading stuff. Plus, the internet will usually try to get you the shortest, fastest connection, but that's not counting loss packets due to other things such as interference or a . And I wouldn't believe that Rapidshare has enough bandwidth to accomodate everyone at their max speed at the same time. Not saying that they don't, but no one in the world has enough bandwidth when too many people log in and try to download all at the same time.

Are you using a wireless router or anything like that. A low signal from the router can dramatically decrease your speeds. List your hardware and stuff and maybe we can work a little further with this, 'cause you're not giving us alot to work with here.

Try downloading at non-peak hours and see if that helps. However, if you still don't think it's your connection, there might be a bottle neck somewhere on your computer that's preventing it from downloading at the full speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-downloading-at-2-3rds-max-speed-sometimes.503745/
Relevancy 50.74%

What is the best programme out their which will help me speed up downloading? I've seen Downloader Accelarator Plus (DAP), is this legit, will it cause me problems and are there any better alternative programmes. Basically I just want to be able to download much quicker than I currently do.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/programme-to-speed-up-downloading-282190.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I have been using a D-Link router DI- P for quite a few years I d say that my average download speed would be kb s which I obviously always considered more than decent Recently a friend of mine downloading speed using while low router Experiencing who is using the same ISP told me about his stable kb s download speed which I Experiencing low downloading speed while using router found grossly fast Earlier today I had a problem with some app when I was trying to host a server and decided to directly plug my cable modem in my computer bypassing the router for awhile to get things done It made everything easier and I was able to host my thing and have people with routers connect Experiencing low downloading speed while using router to it Anyways I decided to go download a few things before going back on my router Experiencing low downloading speed while using router and I was shocked to see that I was going at kb s I thought that maybe my ISP had upgraded my downloading speed limit recently and all I had to do was reset my modem but that was not the case I hooked everything back on my router and I am getting kb s ish again I am no networking expert so any help would be more than appreciated I don t understand how a router could cripple my top speed that much especially when other computers on the LAN are idle if even ON Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Everytime I download with Mirc at 220kbps and above my system freezes on and off. I have the latest drivers and new hardware parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-freezes-when-downloading-at-high-speed.122860/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi guys i just want to increase speed of bitcomet as well as no. of seeds connected by bitcomet as someone told me that more no. of seeds connected will result in more downloading speed

A:want to increase downloading speed of bitcomet

Hello, there is no way to speed up your download speed. If you're ISP is giving you, let's say 20Mbit, you'll get ~20Mbit, and no more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211484-want-increase-downloading-speed-bitcomet.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello to all of you!

The speed of my Local Area Connection is : 100.0 Mpbs.
Here`s the problem.

The most frequent download speed I get from (Steam, IDM or Browser downloads) ranges 100-120 KB/s.
But sometimes I get about a speed ranges 900 KB/s or even 1MB/s higher.

Can someone tell me how can I make it stay with 900 KB/s?

A:How can I increase my Internet Downloading Speed

If your connection is 100Mbps then you should get downloads of 12MB/s. However, I think you are mistaking LAN connection speed with the speed you are getting from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You can only increase Internet download by switching to a better Internet plan from your ISP.

LAN speed is the speed you can get while communicating with other local PCs that are wired to the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381772-how-can-i-increase-my-internet-downloading-speed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I bought a new computer last week and i am connecting wirelessly to my router for internet just like my other roommates My download speeds are in the - KB S range while theres are in the - range even my old low RAM computer is getting dl speeds in that range I don t know why it is doing this one of my roommates said he still downloads stuff on his win XP computer bc his new Win comp is just as slow as mine Now a series of stupid questions Is this a common problem with new computers in general Is New speed downloading VERY slow Computer, there an easy way to fix it such as utilizing more priority to download speeds I am pretty new to computers in general so any New Computer, VERY slow downloading speed dumbed-down info would be much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc nbsp

A:New Computer, VERY slow downloading speed

What type of Wireless adapter do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-very-slow-downloading-speed.988688/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
My uTorrent is downloading files only at half of the maximum speed of my internet connection. I download files via HTTP at full speed (when good server. Also, it's not fault of the tracker or ratio 'coz I'm using private tracker which has about 50s/2l ratio at the current file I'm downloading. Also I have open ports. I have the same problem on XP, but from what I remember I don't have this problem on Ubuntu. I'm using router Modecom MC418

A:Torrent downloading only at half speed

Quote: Originally Posted by fiorello

Hello,
My uTorrent is downloading files only at half of the maximum speed of my internet connection. I download files via HTTP at full speed (when good server. Also, it's not fault of the tracker or ratio 'coz I'm using private tracker which has about 50s/2l ratio at the current file I'm downloading. Also I have open ports. I have the same problem on XP, but from what I remember I don't have this problem on Ubuntu. I'm using router Modecom MC418

Hi Fiorello! Welcome to SevenForums! μTorrent or any bittorrent client WILL NEVER reach the maximum speed of your connection. And HTTP servers probably won't either. Your lucky if you're getting half of your connection because most people only get a sixth of it (1MBPS on Bittorrent is AMAZING)!

So this isn't anything to do with your connection, however your ISP may be throttling BitTorrent so...

Open μTorrent and press CTRL and then P
Go to BitTorrent at the side
Under Protocol Encryption select "Forced" or "Enabled"
(This encrypts outgoing BitTorrent Traffic so your ISP can't tell that it's BitTorrent)
Tick "Allow incoming Legacy Connections"
Press "OK"

That's pretty much it.

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If a user helps you, click the scales at the top right of their post and give them rep!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/36818-torrent-downloading-only-half-speed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Here is my Hijackthis log Hope someone can help me see if there slow browsing speed downloading and Very is anything wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x NetMeter NetMeter exe C Program Files x Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Very slow browsing and downloading speed x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows SysWOW CTxfispi exe C Users Thomas AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files x Heimdal Client HeimdalAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Users Thomas Downloads spybotsd- -beta exe C Users Thomas AppData Local Temp is-OMF tmp spybotsd- -beta tmp C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files x Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run C Program Files x NetMeter NetMeter exe C Program Files x NetMeter NetMeter e... Read more

A:Very slow browsing and downloading speed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:***************************************************First, I need to know if you still need help! To tell me this, please click on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/409011 and follow the instructions there. If you do not still need help, this is all you need to do. If you do need help please continue below.***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409011/very-slow-browsing-and-downloading-speed/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi is there any idea to improve downloading speed on torrent site. beause my net speed is acual 32kb/ps ...... and i wish to increase it..... if any suggestion then please tell me

A:how increase downloading speed on torrent

Hi,

You really can't increase the speed of a torrent download. It is all based on the speed of your connections, and how many hosts you are downloading from. That is about as far as I can go without getting into detail.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/how-increase-downloading-speed-on-torrent-334495.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I can only get about 2200 kps on my download, I should be getting twice that. (I thought it was MPS) correct me... Anyway. My internet provider, WOW (Wide Open West), says it's my Zone Alarm that's causing the problem and that is should be faster. I asked them why don't they have a patch for it, of course the internet cable companies don't have patches for firewalls. Does anyone know how I can get more speed on my downloads using the Free Zone Alarm, I also use the Free AVG Virus Protection. I have Windows XP Professional. Thanks, Silverado.

Relevancy 49.88%

This is my second thread,regarding my internet connection.I have a wireless connection and a d-link router.I have a 1 mb connection in which download speed is usually - 125kb/s and upload speed is 9 or 10 kb/s.I could easily watch online movies without buffering.
But,Recently while watching a video it buffers like after every 3-5 seconds.And while downloading stuff(via torrent) it is very slow and the download speed shown is 1kb/s , which is very very slow.I think the is caused by a software called tcp z(it patches tcpip.syc,according the users limit).The changes made by it are temporary and only occur till shutdown.But,I m not sure by what it might be caused by.
So please can anyone help me out regarding this.Suggestions and advices are welcome .
Regards,
ibulletproof

A:Regarding Slow internet browsing and downloading speed

Originally Posted by ibulletproof

This is my second thread,regarding my internet connection.I have a wireless connection and a d-link router.I have a 1 mb connection in which download speed is usually - 125kb/s and upload speed is 9 or 10 kb/s.I could easily watch online movies without buffering.
But,Recently while watching a video it buffers like after every 3-5 seconds.And while downloading stuff(via torrent) it is very slow and the download speed shown is 1kb/s , which is very very slow.I think the is caused by a software called tcp z(it patches tcpip.syc,according the users limit).The changes made by it are temporary and only occur till shutdown.But,I m not sure by what it might be caused by.
So please can anyone help me out regarding this.Suggestions and advices are welcome .
Regards,
ibulletproof

Upgrade your speed?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/299954-regarding-slow-internet-browsing-downloading-speed.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi unfortunately computers and I don t communicate very well I have an incredibly annoying situation going on with my Desktop downloading issues Internet speed year old HP desktop when trying to access and or do searches on the Internet - it doesn t matter if I use IE Mozilla or Chrome It seems to be restricted to accessing graphics intensive sites like my Comcast Xfinity homepage or downloading items e g the minutes it took to update my Norton Suite the package was only MB To caveat I have a MAC laptop that has NO Internet connectivity issues I think these issues began when I switched from a corporate-sponsored McAfee employee program due to McAfee s continual quot need to upgrade quot error message to my ISP-provided Norton suite Directly upon switching to Norton I began getting Error messages Believe I have fixed that issue My outlook email works just fine ISP says it is a Norton or HP issue Norton rep says it isn t theirs HP isn t picking up I have run CCleaner Advanced System Care and conducted a full Norton scan I don t have much on this computer Desktop Internet downloading speed issues because I began having issues within months of buying it My RAM is running at usage without anything Desktop Internet downloading speed issues opened and when I look at Task Manager there are well over processes going with nothing opened I don t know if that has anything to do with the issue My speed test results are ping - ms Downloads - mbps Uploads - Mbps System Info P S I am concerned that it says my Anti-virus is McAfee I uninstalled McAfee and ran Norton s Power Eraser multiple times - because that s what the Error forced me to do - so don t know why the info below is showing that OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Love my MAC laptop but would really like the desktop s big monitor for doing work I need to perform Any insights help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I have Vista Home Premium and an Intel Dual E6600 processor. When I am using bit torrent software (uTorrent) to download programs, it takes over most of the bandwidth. With having a dual processor, is it possible to assign a high priority for one processor to do the downloading and have the other allow me to surf normally? It takes a lot longer to load pages with the torrent software running.

A:How can I prevent prog downloading from taking over my browser speed?

" bit torrent software (uTorrent) "?

But aside from that, your processor doesn't determine your bandwidth. Your Internet connection does.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-prevent-prog-downloading-from-taking-over-my-browser-speed.550515/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I'll be downloading a file at decent (actually probably horrible from other peoples view) speed of 200kb/s, which I'm fine with. Suddenly though, sometimes its near the start of the download of half way in between..the internet will disconnect entirely..on both computers on the network. It will reconnect in about a minute or two and then the download speed is gone. It then always struggles to reach maybe 30 kb/s.

I feel as if there is some guy at my internet company sitting watching peoples speeds and when he sees I'm actually getting a decent speed he cuts me off!!

A:Ridiculous downloading problem. Great speed then suddenly someone turns it off!!!

Well here in Canada there is throttling and deep packet sniffing,Bell throttles from 4 PM until 2AM,unless they have changed that now.
So yes there are mechanisms in place to slow things down,but I don't know if that is what is happening to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ridiculous-downloading-problem-great-speed-then-suddenly-someone-turns-it-off.850041/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone. It would be very appreciated if somebody was able to help me with my problem. I've just installed Vista 7 on my old hard-drive- on my new computer. I can't seem to be able to download anything. When I download ANYTHING off Chrome/IE (The only browsers I have) it gives me an error message saying file corrupt. Nothing is downloadable.

Please help!
Thanks,

pctarded

A:Downloading Issue!!!

How much space is available on this drive? Try deleting your temp files.
Run chkdsk /r.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-issue.891137/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone I am using IE and XP SP XP on IE6 downloading issue to develop a web application IE6 on XP downloading issue using Java I have written a download feature that allows a user to download an email MSG file from a database When the user clicks my download link then clicks quot Save quot not open and saves the file he she can open it just fine BUT when the user clicks quot Open quot I get the following error from outlook --------------------------- Microsoft Office Outlook --------------------------- Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Can't open file D Documents and Settings username Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Temporar The file may not exist you may not have permission to open it or it may be open in another program Right-click the folder that contains the file and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder I am logged on as the local admin so permissions should not be the issue here So I changed the temporary internet files dir to d temporary internet files and tried again and the same error occurred but I could see more of the path that outlook was complaining about D Temporary Internet Files Content IE XOBE email MSG Is the problem here that outlook simply cannot see quot Content IE quot And therefor cannot open the email This issue does not happen on Firefox and we do not have the option of moving to IE How can I tell IE to download files to a temp folder that other apps can see like I said when I moved the temp internet files to another dir it still puts it in the weird Content IE folder Also just a side note why is it Content IE shouldn't it be

A:IE6 on XP downloading issue

Ok, small update:

after visiting this site:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...ontentIE5.html

I saw that there is a registry setting that tells IE to download all temp files to that Content.IE5 dir. If I change this (which I am slightly hesitant to do) does anyone see any possible issues?

Thanks
Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie6-on-xp-downloading-issue-265122.html
Relevancy 46.01%

cannot download and run a program from any site. major geeks etc.

Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I am having trouble dowen loading adobe. iget message that need to dowen load with 32 bit ihave 64 bit.

A:Downloading Adobe issue

32bit will run fine on a 64bit system ... go for it..

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/80275-downloading-adobe-issue.html
Relevancy 45.15%

After upgrading IE 9 to IE 11, we have been encountering this prompt
This webpage displays in 'Microsoft Word'. Do you want to disable Enhanced Protected Mode to run the control? You should only do this if you trust the site.
upon downloading doc files. The issue does not occur for docx, xls and xlsx.

The prompt would kill the file download process of doc file for an application we are using but we could not turn off EPM due to our company's security policies. Does anyone know what is the root cause of this issue and/or have a permanent
fix?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/876547e7-e2f2-4b82-8aae-f075ca90edf9/ie-11-issue-on-downloading-doc-files?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 45.15%

Please help me with this issue it s making me downloading issue, pro and networking XP CRAZY My problem is with downloading files I can browse the web fine and also auto downloading and networking issue, XP pro downloads MS updates swiftly and without hassles however with any other files like Skype or Messenger it freezes a short way into the download The downloading and networking issue, XP pro progress stops and the time to finish goes frrom seconds to hours I also have my laptop networked to my ps same problem My ps can browse and detect updates and patches but when I download them it freezes a short way into it and then eventually times out I am logged in as ADMIN so I should have the required permission to download but it just won t I reinstalled XP pro and before updates and after each update after that I tried downloading but still the same problem It has nothing to do with my networking as it was doing it before I networked my ps I am running an LG LS a laptop with xp pro at ghz and gb ram G USB broadband modem with ps connected via ethernetAlso I had the same problem on my desktop pc before it died but was the same XP install CD I used Any other details you need ask and I shall give it to you nbsp

A:downloading and networking issue, XP pro

If the problem is confirmed on multiple network devices then the problem lies either with your router or your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-and-networking-issue-xp-pro.901676/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,I have the new version of Firefox, Just a few days ago. All my downloads would either stop during the file transfer at any point and either will not start again or just end the download at that point. (Same problem with IExplorer 7.0 as well.) P2P programs download fine.I am running Windows XP Service pack 2Just recently some downloads will not even begin, It freezes at "starting" in the download manager.What I have done...-Reinstalled Firefox clean.-Deleted the downloads.rdf file in its directory-Un-installed addons-have applied these resolves http://forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?t=179573-Shut down zone alarm pro, uninstalled unused programs.all to no avail.Anybody going through this same thing???? I would think so but oddly enough.... I couldn't find a fix.Thanks in advanceI appreciate it.Joe

A:Firefox "downloading" Issue

If you would not mind, make it fail a download again. When it does go to the Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools and see what error messages are there. Please post them here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90950/firefox-downloading-issue/
Relevancy 45.15%

Since I have Windows XP it seems Downloading Issue XP: someone me? with could help Windows I can t download files anymore when I click on a Downloading Issue with Windows XP: could someone help me? link to download something a new blank window opens with a logo on the top left it s a small white square inside the square from the top down there are a red square a green circle and a blue triangle but that s it as I understand the logo indicates the download is complete but the file is Downloading Issue with Windows XP: could someone help me? not to be found anywhere When I use the PC search option the results show several files with the same name but these are just com or html files Downloading Issue with Windows XP: could someone help me? and not the application file exe or zip for example which is not there The only solution I found is to do the following - I click on the file s name and as the downloading page appears before the blank page with the logo I mentioned opens I right-click the quot Click here if it does not work quot link - By doing so I get the quot save as quot window which allows me to save on the C drive However it doesn t work so often because most of the links are not application files and cannot be saved that way Could someone help me Thanks so much in advance nbsp

A:Downloading Issue with Windows XP: could someone help me?

try this: while in Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options. click on Programs tab and click Reset Web Settings ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-issue-with-windows-xp-could-someone-help-me.326950/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all. I have purchased HP Spectre x360 and got my new ultrabook this week. But the problem is I can`t download AVG anrivirus, Google Chrome and other programs. I have no idea what to do. Is any body have some kind of issue with brand new device? What should I do to resolve this problem. Any recomendations will be apreciated. Thanks.

A:programs downloading issue

atai Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about not being able to download in Win10 and wanted to help. My guess is that you're trying to use that half-baked, crippled, buggy excuse for a Browser that MS forces on us all in Win10 known as Edge. Edge is KNOWN to have problems, including forcing security limits on folks that can prevent downloads from completing. My suggestion is to follow the instructions here to replace Edge with Internet Explorer and see if that works better:  Solved How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge - Windows 10 ForumsGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/programs-downloading-issue/td-p/5603377
Relevancy 45.15%

My computer won't load any activex anything (images or the warning bar at the top etc). It also won't let me download anything. It always says that there is something wrong with the site I"m trying to download from and that includes the windows update site. Now I'm not very good when it comes to all of this insane stuff this computer is doing now. All of it started when I downloaded IE 7 but I got rid of that and went back to IE 6 but the problems remain. Any suggestions?

A:I need help with an activex and downloading issue

IE >Internet Options >Security Tab

2 options: Set to lower/correct level of security

or

Define Custom level by clicking on the button then scrolling down to ActiveX and select Enable/Disable/Prompt for whatever you choose under the categories given.
Eg
Enable Active X for signed certificates: o[Prompt (recommended)]
Enable Active X for unsigned certificates: o[Disabled]

etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-an-activex-and-downloading-issue.67606/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi.
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

I have an issue, if I download zipped music files from my ISP.
The download stops and looks like finished. But it's not finished.
There are errors about the same, when I want to open the zipped file.

On my windows xp computer there is no problems. The download get finished ok, and the total content is there.

What can be wrong ?. It seems to be on the W7U computer the culprit resides.

This is what I get when downloading zipped files:

[Window Title]
Compressed (zipped) Folders Error
[Content]
Windows cannot open the folder.
The Compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\Users\PSDR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\30PGD5XM\TDCPLAY_Queen_Absolute_Great.zip' is invalid.
[OK]

A:Issue when downloading ZIP files.

instead of choosing to open the file, choose to save it (select location if required) then try and open it. If compression methods unknown to widows have been used you may require a 3rd party compression app e.g. 7-Zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/195092-issue-when-downloading-zip-files.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I currently use OE (WinXP) to POP3 my yahoo mail to our computer. Whenever I click on the Send/Receive button it starts receiving messages it already put into the inbox 2 days ago. My husband's identity is doing this same thing although his not as consistently as mine. Any suggestions. These are not message that are still out on the yahoo server, they are items that have apparently been downloaded into the OE pending to be delivered box - but they have already been delivered.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shona

A:Outlook Express downloading issue

Could be a corrupt mailbox at your isp. Do you have it set to leave mail on the server?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15352/outlook-express-downloading-issue/
Relevancy 44.72%
Relevancy 44.72%

OK I am pancaked and so could bear no chortles re this shocking ignorance oK I just don't know how and can't figure it out because I have nevah Downloading Video Issue School Pre Re done it is all How do I download video from the net and park it in playable file in My Videos in XP Pro A drummer in an off site thread got me emersed in drum solos and there is this amazing video on Drummerworld site I need it to keep it and have it and it says Pre School Issue Re Downloading Video U can download it your HDD I tried and nothing worked Tried too to use quot Save Target As quot but it only saved the site page And Google for once has failed me I guess this is so pre school everyone knows but me Have cable broadband use AOL software and now IE W Media Player still or again Thank U Jill PS should now add I played the drum video on AOL player just tried to play a MS video n W media player audio great but no video Also C nothing on MS about the basics

A:Pre School Issue Re Downloading Video

I think I maybe need something like this; thought i needed nothing not on board; let me C if I can figure this out. I can download clips peolpe send....why I can not figure this out I do not know, OK?

http://www.wmrecorderpro.com/
J.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pre-school-issue-re-downloading-video-129007.html
Relevancy 44.72%

The behaviour of Internet Explorer has changed of late probably after some Windows updates When I attempt to download pictures or software from legitimate sites such as Flickr Adobe Explorer 11 Issue Downloading Internet or AVG for example I receive the This file can t be downloaded error message This Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue did not happen in the past Most references to this problem suggest as a solution to reset IE completely I tried this and the problem remains I tried running IE without add-ons and that did not help I temporarily disabled my AVG Internet Security software no help I did a system restore but no help as my restore points don t Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue go back far enough The only workarounds I am able to find are Run IE as administratorUncheck Enable Protected Mode under IE security tab Both remove the problem though I don t like either It would appear that lots of people experience the same issue but I have not been able to find a solution only the workarounds above Is anyone able to assist

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/49530-internet-explorer-11-downloading-issue.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever I download anything with firefox, it gets to 99% then it sort of hangs for about 5 minutes ( not the whole system or firefox browser just the download ) before it finishes the download. And yes once it finishes it does scan for viri afterwards. I know its not a major problem but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

A:A Strange Firefox Downloading Issue

Quote: Originally Posted by Hedrush

Whenever I download anything with firefox, it gets to 99% then it sort of hangs for about 5 minutes ( not the whole system or firefox browser just the download ) before it finishes the download. And yes once it finishes it does scan for viri afterwards. I know its not a major problem but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Yep it does that with me but not for more than 30 seconds. What version of FF are your running?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/15799-strange-firefox-downloading-issue.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've been having some trouble downloading windows updates lately with Windows 7.  They hang at 0% downloaded and never move forward.   I used the Windows update troubleshooter to try to fix them, and it found various errors and it said they were fixed.  Though I'm still having the same exact problems.  

A:Issue with windows updates not downloading

If you do not have IE11 then install it. Install .NET 4.6.1

Download and install all updates and latest Update Client on this page.

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

You may find that the updates do not install. This is because the Windows Update Service has already started. You can either disable the service before installing the updates or reboot and immediately install the updates as the Update Service has a delayed start.

After you have done all updates and Update Client reboot and check for updates it could take a couple of hours or minutes.

If you still have trouble download the June rollup update and the prerequisite KB3020369 if that has not been installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622441/issue-with-windows-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi My PC has the following problems the thumbnails of pictures are not visible picassa does not open when i try to download exe files from internet it stops at and does not complete Kindly help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files D-Link DWA- ALPBCSVC exe C Program Files IB Updater ExtensionUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system dmwu exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system CNAB RPK EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE and exe file issue downloading Malware not C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C WINDOWS system jmdp stij exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Malware issue and exe file not downloading Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Malware issue and exe file not downloading C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - E - FD - - F E FC - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll mWinlogon SFCDisable dword - BHO E F -EA - A - C-D ABC EED B - lt orphaned gt BHO IB Updater D C - A - a-B D - C C - c program files ib updater Extension dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D Malware issue and exe file not downloading -B F - BBC D A E - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO DefaultTab Browser Helper F AFBF -E - -A FD- D - BHO Avira SearchFree Toolbar plus Web Protection D C F- A- -A AD- D - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Avira SearchFree Toolbar plus Web Protection D C F- A- -A AD- D - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB Avira SearchFree Toolbar plus Web Protection D C F- A- -A AD- D - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings owner local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMEName mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun ApnUpdater quot c program files ask com updater Updater exe quot mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRunOnce nltide rundll advpack dll LaunchINFSectionEx nLite inf C N StartupFolder c docume owner startm programs startup onenot lnk - c program files microsoft office office ONENOTEM EXE StartupFolder c documents and settings all users start menu programs startup Microsoft NET Framework v - Slow Windows XP Boot Fix vbs uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPol... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all This problem has been driving me nutso for some time now and since I nor any of my regular techies can figure out what s wrong I thought I d see if you might have any ideas hardware - Downloading problems issue? My problem is this Since about two months I can start downloading files without problem legit stuff like iTunes drivers updates to virus programs etc but they Downloading problems - hardware issue? only ever get of the way then the download freezes I can leave it there for hours on end and it never finishes I can cancel the download at this time and the computer works just fine otherwise when this occurs I have a Gateway GE with Windows XP Home and I use Firefox If it is of any interest have a Mb internet connection This is what I ve already tried Updated all virus and malware spyware programs and ran a system check Didn t catch anything Changed the ethernet cable Didn t help Checked with the internet supplier Looks dandy from their side Changed browser from Firefox to IE Worked the FIRST time then IE started behaving badly as well Very hinky Connected to the internet using a wireless D-Link RangeBooster N router and a DWA- RangeBooster N notebook adapter Didn t help but at least I think I removed the network card from the equation by using the notebook adapter Updated the network card driver and tried with the ethernet cable again No dice Updated the motherboard driver and tried both with the cable and the wireless Nope Connected another computer It worked right off the bat As a last ditch effort I reformated my computer and tried again No luck Any takers on this one I have no idea what to try next save for buying a new computer and I d rather not right now Oh and another piece of information that might or might not be relevant is that the compy was bought in the US but is now being used in Europe nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guy, I'm using IE and firefox for surfing. However recently my pc unable to download adobe reader file from the internet.
I guess it's related to my setting. Anyone know about it pls help.

Relevancy 44.72%

Well theres a WMV video stream I want to download
http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL/44383

Can someone tell me a way to download wmv streams? Any programs I could use etc.

A:WMV files streaming/downloading issue

I use the Video Download Helper extension.

A great little tool for media file downloads made easy!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/wmv-files-streaming-downloading-issue-233080.html
Relevancy 44.29%

When downloading the identical thumbnail from the identical e-mail attachment I get dramatically different results....memory usage-wise.

IE6 produces a Bitmap file of 7.59Mb with a file name consistently named "untitled" which opens up with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Firefox produces a Jpeg file of 228Kb with a varying file name...for different files.....and opens with Abobe Photoshop Albumn Starter Edition 3.0

Wondering how/why this happens and is anyone else "afflicted" with such results?

A:Downloading Thumbnails- Ie6 -vs- Firefox..memory Issue

Images saving as bitmap, in IE, can happen if either of the following conditions is true:Your Temporary Internet pages cache is full.You have "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" selected in Tools, Options, Advanced Tab and are loading the page over a secure connection (https).Depending on the specific cause for your problem, try one of the following fixes:1Delete the temporary Internet files. Open IE.Click Tools.Click Internet Options...Click the General tab.Click the Delete Files... button.Put a checkmark next to Delete all offline content.Click OK.2Click Tools.Click Internet Options.Click the Advanced tab.Towards the bottom, under Security, remove the checkmark from the box, next to Do not save encrypted pages to disk.Click Apply.Click OK.Then click View.Select Refresh.As far as what program opens the images, after you've done the above, go to the program you want to use as your default image editing program.In the Options menu, associate the image file types that you want to open, with the program.After that, whenever you double-click an image, it should open in the program you set as default.It doesn't mean that's the only program you can open the file in.If you need to open them in a program that's not set as default, open the program, click File / Open, and navigate to the file you want to open.or,You can right click the file, select Open With, and choose a program to open it with, from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120361/downloading-thumbnails-ie6-vs-firefoxmemory-issue/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to download a program from a government website. I had it installed, was having trouble, their help desk said it was corrupt, so trying to download again. The error I get says "Error writing to file: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\XceedZip.dll Verify you have access to that directory"

I have no clue what to do.

A:Problems downloading program sysWow64 issue

I actually fixed it. I installed it on my desktop, then ran the program as administrator. Then I had to move it, they have crazy rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-downloading-program-syswow64-issue.1169028/
Relevancy 44.29%

my win RC simply cant download anything with any kind issue with downloading/uploading/datatransfer win7 of software the only way i can download is using a web explorer if emule or bitcomet or any kind of software the system will crash as soon as the download strat the same problem also happened when im trying to upload andything to youtube or imeem the system crash and im not done yet whenever i wanna download any kind of sharing files within a inner network i got a blue screen saying memory failed its ok if i copy files to my laptop from any kind of flesh memory or mobile disk the weird thing is the first week im using win everything was fine win7 with downloading/uploading/datatransfer issue i can do whatever i want download upload copy sharing files all these bug seems comes from no where and i wont fix no matter how many times i try to reinstall the system is there anyone have any idea whats going on with my system im kind of sick of it seriously

A:win7 with downloading/uploading/datatransfer issue

Hi 24klibra, and welcome to Sevenforums.

In order for anyone to be able to help you with your problems, please fill in your system specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20943-win7-downloading-uploading-datatransfer-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have down loaded Limewire pro, and was ask to down load and up date java, keep getting error 3013 when tiring to start up java.
Using XP windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issue-downloading-java-error-3013-a-331652.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having an issue where my bro and sis play call of duty 2 and then I try to download America's Army (free from army) via bittorrent, they get massive lag which makes them mad. Also when I want to watch some video on Discovery Channel Canada Broadband, they also go from 100 ping to 600 (fluctuating). I have a D-Link DIR-625 router (all comps wired in) my modem is an Motorola Surfboard SB5101 which is connected to Shaw High-Speed internet. (5000kbps down, 500kbps up) I also checked to see how much bandwidth the video was taking which was only 500kbps. So how can I fix this issue. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/severe-ping-issue-on-games-when-someone-downloading.546985/
Relevancy 43.86%

Life was good & then (2 days ago) suddenly whenever I try to open a VIDEO clip & run from its location I get an error message that says that the file "may be corrupt...cannot open" and I have to SAVE it to my hardrive first. This occurs regardless of the site I am visiting. Have made no recent changes to my PC other that downloading ReaL Player. Checked my PC & WMP is still the default player. Suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-with-downloading-video-clips-from-ie7-to-media-player-11-a-209203.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I use Verizon DSL and the midway or issue: downloading video stops Connection connection frequently breaks off Most of the time when I m on youtube or other online streaming site the video will get stuck and stop loading Even after I tried reloading it Connection issue: video or downloading stops midway it would get stuck again at some other spot Many times when I was downloading files it would stop downloading midway Sometimes when I m browsing websites and I clicked on a link it would just say quot loading quot while not load at all The modem Westell is directly connected to my computer and there are five lights on the modem Connection issue: video or downloading stops midway power ethernet usb dsl and internet Whenever there is web activity the internet light usually blinks at the same time Now whenever there is a connection problem the light stays solid the whole time However at the moment that a video stops streaming and I opened another window to go to a website it did load successfully So that means the connection only breaks off selectively Also the dsl light is solid the whole time which means I m connected to the internet Also this problem occurs to both Firefox and IE So far I ve tried clearing my cache reinstalling my browsers deleting Kapersky I thought it was the culprit for blocking the connection resetting my modem and router and the problem persists I need help serious help I tried calling the CS many times but they never Connection issue: video or downloading stops midway give me any solution I tried asking elsewhere yahoo answer but that was fruitless I hope the specialists here can provide me with an actual solution Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connection issue: video or downloading stops midway

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. Post the results link from the top of the test display page here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-issue-video-or-downloading-stops-midway.686848/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

A:Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 43%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, I am using a linksys WRT54GS wireless router and usually works fine, but lately I noticed it's been getting slow speeds and then when I restart the router it goes back to normal and very fast for about 20-30 minutes (could vary and be longer sometimes). But then after that it goes back to it's slow speed until I restart it again.

When I bypass the router it works fine with direct connection, all my firmware is upgraded, getting 100% signal strength, it's not just my computer because when I ping from the router admin panel it gets all request timed out aswell.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Relevancy 43%

I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router on a Windows Home Server network.

When I connect the WHS to a cable upstairs (short cable) I get Gigabit connection speed, however when I put the server downstairs (10 metre cable), I only get 100 Mb LAN speed.

The only difference is the CAT-5e cable and length.

Do I need a shielded CAT-5e or a CAT-6 cable.

The WHS box needs to be downstairs.

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-issue.735587/
Relevancy 43%

Hey chaps I have just got bt broadband and a homehub v However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can Issue utorrent speed with get speeds of up to MB d l but when I use the desktop I can only get around - KB s Issue with utorrent speed I have followed stuff online and set Issue with utorrent speed port forwarding on the homehub but Issue with utorrent speed I am still getting terrible speeds Can anyone help Thanks Chalph Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH HU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Issue with utorrent speed

For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-utorrent-speed.993971/
Relevancy 43%

hi guys,

what would cause a slow wireless connection?
the computer thats wired is fast enough...
but on the toshiba it takes 20 to 35 seconds for google to open...
what i have tried:
i have updated the browser to internet explorer 7
i installed firefox 2.0.0.9
i uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless Nic and recreated the connection...
very odd...any ideas

Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

A:Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html