Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

Q: Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with an outlook 2010 that has an exchange account

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

What should I do to overcome this issue

Thanks

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.4061602/
Relevancy 82.99%

How can I re-index Outlook 2010?

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with outlook 2010 retrieving my work email ( exchange)

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

I followed the instruction in the ink below :

How to Fix Outlook 2007 and 2010 Search problems | MS Outlook for Business

But still I am having same issue

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 exchange account ,,,,search not working proparly

Hi there ... Your Indexing must not be complete .. Read the Link below ...
Outlook search returns No matches found

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/312745-outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 68.8%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I receive many inquiries through a B2B website. These inquiries are send to me by email. The sender's email address is the server from the B2B website.

I want to add these emails to my business contacts in BCM 2010 without linking and tracking the email address.

Then I want to link and track the email address that i filled in the email field of the business contact.

How should i do that?

A:BCM 2010: linking an email without tracking to an account

Does this help at all?
Getting Started with Outlook Business Contact Manager 2010 - How-To Geek

Quote:

Office Integration

Business Contact Manager isn?t just restricted to one part of Outlook; once you?ve got it installed, it?s fully integrated throughout the program. When you?re reading an email, you?ll see options to create a new record or add the email to an existing one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/184185-bcm-2010-linking-email-without-tracking-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

We are running Exchange SP and our clients have Office Our Outlook profiles are created automatically by using Group Policy to set a registry key which points to a PRF file with all the Outlook settings Lately many of our users are reporting that their emails are getting stuck in the Outbox If you look Outbox; Corrupt 2010 Profile Email in Stuck Outlook Outlook at their Outlook profile they have two Exchange accounts listed You cannot delete either of them it gives a message that this is the default email account The immediate solution is to recreate the user's Outlook profile This allows the stuck email to send The real issue is that this keeps occurring Recreating the Outlook profile sometimes fixes the problem for a long time months maybe But other times the problem occurs the next day This is happening with users who have established Outlook profiles as well as new users logging into their Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile PCs for Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile the first time I've attached the code from our PRF Any Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile help is appreciated as we have around active users and we're constantly chasing after this issue

A:Outlook 2010 Email Stuck in Outbox; Corrupt Outlook Profile

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to.
2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above don’t work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...
http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook/1503-is-there-any-opportunity-to-recover-huge-pst-file-over-6gb - multi functional user community where you may discuss methods and cases of .pst corruption
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/how-to-repair-outlook.html Outlook Repair Toolbox - one of the accessible tools on the market, as a variant in case you can’t recover .pst file via ScanPST or manually solutions
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137 - a lot of tips for outlook

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577470/outlook-2010-email-stuck-in-outbox;-corrupt-outlook-profile/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, I have had this problem several times and now I want to know what is causing the problem. In outlook you can add certain folder to your favorites so that they appear like short cuts at the top of the navigation window. But from time to time different imap short cuts don't appear and then I have to close and restart to get the short cuts to reappear.

Any ideas as to why?

A:Outlook 2010 and IMAP account

Also if you go to the inbox, if that is one in your favorites, and right click it gives you the option to remove from favorites even though it is not displayed. After removing and adding will also show them back at the top. But this is a pain in the back side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201539-outlook-2010-imap-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When I install my hotmail account into my Outlook 2010 I cannot have that account in my regular pst.

How can I solve that so that I have all my accounts just in one pst?
God bless

A:hotmail account and Outlook 2010

I don't think you can because hotmail is web based and outlook is pop3, so they have to be seperate

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/71035-hotmail-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am starting a new thread Last Outlook 2010 Account Default week I Outlook 2010 Default Account posted a complexsituation with captures attached of a serious issue with Outlook Before I started work Outlook 2010 Default Account I created Outlook 2010 Default Account a Acronis TIBimage and as I worked and degradation developed tweaking Outlook Ihad to repeatedly resort to that original image to get back to the originalstarting point I have managed to get Outlook working except for thisone issue Please look over the captures attached It deals with Brent s emailaccount listed in duplicate In my experiments I keep ending up with two accounts InControl Panel Mail Email tab is listed the working Brent email account Thataccount is not marked as Default Because in Mail Email Brent account is notmarked as default I have issues That working Brent account that not marked asDefault I can send and receive There are two Brent email accounts Two exact accounts -with a slight variable I have in Mail Emailthis account Brentetcetc etcetc com In Mail Data File I have this Brentetcetc etcetc com Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent If Brentetcetc etcetc comwere marked as Default I would have no issues with the Brent account Because the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentis marked as default that creates the problem And I cannot delete the Brentetcetc etcetc com-brentaccount in Mail Data File If I could delete the Default Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent Iwould then be able to mark Brentetcetc etcetc comas Default I have spent days on this this Creating restore points creating new TIB files and so forth How I ended up with struggling with the two accounts isthis if I run NK edit to populate Outlook s contacts with a massive list ofdata I get the message that NK edit cannot find the Default email account Becausein Mail Email the account listed there is not marked as Default I have learned that if I delete the working email account from Data Files I fully and completelycompromise and corrupt the normal functionality of Outlook That I learnedby my previous experiments Brent canobviously work with Outlook I have instructed him to ignore Brentetcetc etcetc com-brent andto work only with Brentetcetc etcetc com Also I took a look at Regedit Outlook and thought I couldpossibly delete files that were unused I will attach this capture also One last comment in my journey I did a Outlook repair Thatdid not help I then did a uninstall of Office and reinstalled Office and Outlookended up with the two accounts Thanks for your attentions

A:Outlook 2010 Default Account

I rarely use the Control Panel > Mail and profiles when setting up Outlook as POP3 or IMAP. I just leave the profile as the default (Outlook I think.)

For POP3
Install and open Outlook. Continue without email support. It will create a default Outlook.pst in Documents > Outlook Files.
File > Open > Open Outlook Data File and open any and all my transferred .pst
File > Account settings > Data Files and assign the default to whichever I want
Close outlook and reopen with new data file as default.
Right-click the default Outlook file it created and close. Then I delete it.

Now I setup my POP accounts in Account settings email accounts making sure to point to my default pst as I like all mail coming into 1 inbox.

Have not had any issues doing it this way.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/392491-outlook-2010-default-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi
I have several business email addresses. I have just created a new one, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.
It has its own folder into which email is delivered, but starting from there still doesn't help fix the problem.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
I've had Outlook 2010 installed for over two years on my laptop and everything has worked great.

The other day, I tried to set up a new email account and when the wizard appeared, it didn't give me the choice for MANUAL setup. I then realized that the window for the wizard was not showing all the words... the sentences ran past the viewing window and outside where I could not see, which is where the manual set up button was "below". There are no scroll bars or a way to adjust the wizard and I even tried playing with my display settings which did not work either.

I did find a work around that got my email set up but I couldn't go into advanced settings to adjust ports because of the same issue. I've looked everywhere for a fix and haven't been able to find anything... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-no-manual-account-setup.1112246/
Relevancy 64.93%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have multiple accounts in outlook 2010 and recently changed them from POP to IMAP so they synch. automatically with other devices. But I can't delete the original account (the primary account). What I would like to do is delete the original POP email primary account and its data files, designate another account as the primary and re-load the old primary as a new IMAP account with a new set of data files. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-primary-account-in-outlook-2010.1169998/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.07%

I could really use some help please. I had an Outlook 2010 account as a contracted person with the UN and they killed the account and decided to use a gmail account (I have no idea why!). I would like to get all my emails (folders too if possible) on, say, a USB stick and then put it on my new work computer.

I tried the Export function but you need to sign in and the account doesn't work. So, can I copy the outlook.pst file or even all of the .pst files and then open them somehow in another computer with Outlook?

I don't want to use these anymore to contact or respond, I just want to have the messages and the addresses of the people who sent them to me and my outgoing messages and conversations too.

So what can I do here?

Thanks a lot!

A:retrieve emails from a dead Outlook 2010 account....please

Yes you can point your Outlook data file to the pst you have. As long as your Outlook version is the same or higher.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313078-retrieve-emails-dead-outlook-2010-account-please.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 64.07%

When I select 'New Email' (to create a new e-mail) or "Reply" the template does not come up on the screen.

When I go to the task bar I can see the templates but they won't appear on the screen.

Please help!

George Forsa
number removed

A:Outlook 2010 New Email

Hi,

Can you take a screen capture of what you are seeing, and then post it here?

Thanks,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183035-outlook-2010-new-email.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Outlook 2010 on two PCs and use the Hotmail Connector to synchronise my contacts with my Microsoft Account (people.live.com).

I can create/delete contacts on any PC and at the web page at people.live.com and these will synchronise across all accounts. However, if I change details of an existing contact on the PC e.g. change the phone number) then this is not synchronised. If I change the details on the web page at people.live.com then the PCs do get updated. Has anyone any advise how to troubleshoot this problem to ensure that changes to contact details in Outlook 2010 are synchronised correctly across all accounts?

A:Outlook 2010 Not Synchronising New Details with MS People Live Account

I think it is a matter of how quickly, or how slowly in this case, the system recognizes the change.

Suggestion only.
After making the change as you described, give it a few hours then check if the change has been synchronised.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41667-outlook-2010-not-synchronising-new-details-ms-people-live-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

A:How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I solved it! One complication was that my Microsoft email address is personalised and doesn't end in .outlook.com. The procedure is:

Uninstall the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this no longer works.If your MS Outlook email address doesn't end in .outlook.com then you need to create an email alias online in your MS account which does end in .outlook.comAdd a new account using the account wizard using your MS Outlook email address ending in .outlook.com (which can be an alias)The account should configure quite quickly. You then have to restart Outlook 2010 and it will download and synchronise all emails, contacts etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/63670-how-synch-outlook-2010-mail-contacts-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I was having a problem where outlook was not syncing my sent mail past last week.

so I deleted my email address account and wanted to start again and change settings from pop3 to imap

When I deleted the account I found I could not fully remove it from the side pane as it was set as the default email address.

I then decided to re add the same email address in the hopes that I could use the new one as default and delete the old one

Now I am still stuck with the same email address that I could not remove from before and I am having a new problem where the sent mail will not sync from today

I have uninstalled office and re installed it but the address is still saved somehow?

any help would be greatly appreciated

A:How to delete all account information from outlook 2010 an start fresh

Try this. Open Control Panel, select the Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2010), when that opens select Email Accounts, that will then open your email accounts & you will see that you can remove accounts, reset the default account & set up a new email account, as you can than follow through from here to set up all the details for a new account.

All Outlook account details are stored in your Documents Library under Outlook Files & are stored in .pst format & can only be accessed from within Outlook & any changes can be done as I mentioned above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/383969-how-delete-all-account-information-outlook-2010-start-fresh.html
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop account and I imap how 2010: Outlook new disable to account, pop3? old created can't Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3? find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account inactive in Outlook Also I don't want to get messages into two different folders Is there a way to disable the old pop account without removing it I have tried deleting the password so it won't send receive from that account but all I get is the constant quot enter password quot box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs I'd appreciate any advice users can offer Thanks in advance Jo PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win Home Premium and Outlook as in the subject line

A:Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3?

Quote: Originally Posted by boppy2010

Hi guys, as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts.

The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop3 account and I can't find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account, inactive, in Outlook.

Also, I don't want to get messages into two different folders.

Is there a way to disable the old pop3 account without removing it?

I have tried deleting the password so it won't send/receive from that account but all I get is the constant "enter password" box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs.

I'd appreciate any advice users can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 as in the subject line.

you can simply move the emails of your pop account by going to "edit" on the top left corner and "select all" you'll see that all your emails are selected, then right click and select "move to folder" and move it to your IMAP mails location. and doing this may allow you to remove the pop3 account.

either way, let us know what you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207640-outlook-2010-created-new-imap-account-how-disable-old-pop3.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Am I missing the search function? The tab shown below is not what I have -
I don't find a way to install it either...
Does 2010beta have a different search that I haven't found yet?

A:Outlook 2010 search

Hello Excavator,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

There is a search box just above folder view. I you click in that box to start a search, the search ribbon should appear.

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/61762-outlook-2010-search.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've used Outlook 2010 as my email tool for years (and have an @outlook.com address). Until last evening things were fine but this morning I found all my received emails in a sub-folder rather then my Inbox. I have sent a test email from my Inbox and it too was received in the same sub folder. Also, archived emails in other sub folders are no longer showing. No changes have been made to my PC in any respect.
Grateful for some simple advice to rectify the issue(s) if possible)please?
On another matter, this last few months my PC (not old) has been so slow in all respects that it's almost not worth using sometimes - I have the latest McAfee LiveSafe which should clean my PC and keep things right but it's getting slower and slower by the day. Any tips welcome, thank you.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/email-problems-outlook-2010-4603446/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have to move from my current email client 'Windows Live Mail 2012' as it will no longer work with Outlook.com.

Can I use the Outlook program in Office 2010, i.e. Outlook 2010?

If not what would you recommend as a free email client?

Both my wife and I currently use Hotmail accounts

A:Can I use Outlook 2010 as email client in W10 64?

Yes, you will be able to use Outlook 2010.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/55357-can-i-use-outlook-2010-email-client-w10-64-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I've used outlook since 2003 and have recently changed my reading pane from bottom to right
I like the change except that now when I click on an email it will pop out
How can I prevent outlook from doing this?

A:How to prevent email pop out in Outlook 2010

Go to view and select 'Reading Pane' I believe the option should be called.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/384953-how-prevent-email-pop-out-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Folks
I use windows 7 64 bit; I use outlook.com for email and I use outlook 2010 to configure my email on my P.C. I also get my email on my ipad and my iphone 5. Up until yesterday, no problem. I then changed my email password on Outlook.com. I tried to change the password in Outlook 2010 and it says it cannot connect to the server. I also tried to change the password on ipad and iphone and I get an incorrect password error. I know I am typing the correct password because I can access email thru outlook.com. I also tried to connect manually to the email server and got the same message. Can someone please help me with this issue. I have already spend hours on it. Thank you!!!

A:email outlook 2010/windows 7

I can access email thru outlook.comClick to expand...

tried to connect manually to the email serverClick to expand...

I'm not understanding the difference here. What is "the email server" and how do you "connect manually"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-outlook-2010-windows-7.1151463/
Relevancy 63.21%

For some reason when I have the view set to preview the right side where the preview email is supposed to be is blank....all I have is a list of the emails on the left. Anyone else have this problem?

A:Cannot preview email in Outlook 2010

I have no issues viewing emails either on bottom, right etc.

Use the 'Change View' on the top left, and also also set the 'Reading Pane'

Are you sure you have an email highlighted , not just showing the account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/85341-cannot-preview-email-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

With previous versions of MS Outlook you could right-click on a received e-mail and select 'properties' from the drop-down. This would show the full return paths and the true address of the sender.
How would one go about getting to this information?
I did a google but the link was broke

Cheers

A:Outlook 2010 Email properties

This option has been removed from the context (right click) menu in Outlook 2010 but there are alternative ways to access the dialog still and see the Internet headers of that message.
By opening the message first

If you open the message in its own window (via a double click), then you can access the Message Options of that message via;
File-> Info-> button Properties
By leaving the message closed

If you do not want to open the message first, but want to access the Message Options dialog directly from within the main Outlook window, then you can add the Message Options command to your Quick Access Toolbar;
File-> Options
Select the Quick Access Toolbar on the left.
Set the ?Choose commands from? dropdown list to; Commands Not in the Ribbon
From the command list select; Message Options?
Press the ?Add > >? button.
Press OK.
The option is now added to the Quick Access Toolbar at the top of your Outlook window and view the Internet headers of a message without needing to open it first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/275034-outlook-2010-email-properties.html
Relevancy 63.21%

outlook 2010 won't open e mails by double clicking on the mail. If I tap the "enter key" the mail will open

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-email-wont-open.1099727/
Relevancy 63.21%

Fail to receive selected emails in Outlook 2010 on Win7 platform that I'm able to receive in Outlook Express 6 on XP platform.

Even more baffling, if I forward the email I was able to receive in Outlook Express, I'm then able to receive the email in Outlook 2010.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Everyone,

In Outlook, I just started maybe within the past month or two using the search very heavily. At first, it worked without error, but then all of a sudden it stopped. I don't know what happened. Now, when I search nothing comes up.

I did a Google search and tried to rebuild the index, the inbox repair tool, Office 2010 Home & Business Repair and restart of the computer. Still the search is not working.

Should I uninstall and re install outlook? Should I start a brand new .pst file? Any other methods.

Thank you all for your help.

A:Outlook 2010 search not working

Here is an update. Since, the options I discovered from doing my research didn't work. I decided to start from scratch. I started a brand new .pst file, deleted my mail profile and started a new one. I also use iCloud for my iPhone and I signed out and removed. I then imported all my content from the old .pst file and just re setup my email accounts again. Then re installed iCloud.

The Good news is, it fixed the problem and my search works flawless. Here is the bad news, the search doesn't work at all for iCloud. Both options under Search Tools: Locations to Search, Outlook and iCloud are both selected, but with still no luck. Since I don't use iCloud for email that is why it is working for email, but I do use iCloud for Calendar, Contacts and mixed tasks.

Is there a way to fix this so I can search Contacts etc. for iCloud?

Thank you for any answers.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/14379-outlook-2010-search-not-working.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am running Office 2010 Professional (32-bit) on Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
I have no trouble arranging files (eg Inbox) by Date, To, etc. but any search always reports "no matches found".
I have read all the previous posts on Outlook Search but nothing seems to help me.
CP Programs and Features shows a single entry for Microsoft Office Professional 2010 so I can't uninstall just Outlook. I have tried Repair but that made no difference.
I would welcome any advice or suggestions.
Thanks.

A:Problem with Search in OUTLOOK 2010

Microsoft Support helped in the solving of this problem. In retrospect it may have been solved by running SCANpst.exe on the Outlook Data file. SCANpst.exe is found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14\ or in Program Files (x86)\... if using 64 bit Windows 7.

I hope this helps someone else with an Outlook problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/100987-problem-search-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When I try to "Search" for any parameters in my Inbox or subfolders, the search stops quickly and reports 'no matches found'. This problem is relatively new and I have done hundreds of searches in past with normal results.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Search problems

Use what is called an Advanced Search. Select the Inbox and press CTRL+SHIFT+F. After this select "browse ..." and choose subfolders.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-search-problems.1102563/
Relevancy 62.78%

I searched around but didn't find any soulution.

Is there a way to start a 'global' search in Outlook 2010.
I have 5 IMAP and 2 POP3 accounts in my Outlook 2010
and I want to search in all mails at once.

I only found a way to search in one account at once (search folders).
Is there another way?

A:A global Search in MS Outlook 2010

MPREv Not perfect solution but if you have a manageable number of PSTs and reasonably static search criteria this can work well:
Set up a custom search folder in each PST with the same search criteria you seek.
Add them to Favorites View - Must be in Favorites view to add a favorite.
Set folder properties to show either "Unread Items" or "Total Items" as needed
At a glance you can see if any of your PSTs have the desire search results
I use it to check for unread emails and deleted items in 4 separate "delivery" PSTs. Also OL opens, the unread item count and total item count for deleted are shown and you can action each quickly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/238791-global-search-ms-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hello,
a weird problem is happening when i search for items in outlook 2010 connected to exchange.

if i search for a person's name and i have emails from him every few days from jan 2014 till oct 2014, i get a search result but with a gap from may to sep.
if i exit the search and sort by "from" and go to this person emails i can see all the months.

what could be the cause for this strange behavior?

A:Outlook 2010 search results has a gap

SOLVED: going to control panel>indexing options and rebuilding the index solved the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/347916-outlook-2010-search-results-has-gap.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I reinstalled windows and imported outlook .pst file back into outlook 2010. All show up emails and contacts, but I can't search existing contacts. If I enter a new contact and save, then a search will find the new contact. Any ideas?

A:Can't search contacts in outlook 2010

Nevermind. Ran a repair on the .pst and gave the program time for indexing the nearly 2GB .pst and it is working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/331639-cant-search-contacts-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone,

I am using Outlook 2010. Its searching was working fine until 3 weeks ago. I was not able to search new contacts that I added a few weeks ago. However, I could search the old contacts I added years ago. So far, I had tried to rebuild the indexing, repair Outlook and the .ost file, but they all didn't work.

I just rebuilt the indexing one more time 2 days ago. I now can search the old contacts now but not the new ones. Same problem!!!
Does anyone have any clue or solution? THANKS!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-cant-search-new-contacts.1131026/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Guys is it possible to set up my Outlook 2010 to delete my email from the server once I have downloaded and read them ?

Many thanks

Steve

A:Delete Email from Server using Outlook 2010

Yes, you can delete email from the server using Outlook 2010.

Exactly how can depend on: What type of email account(s) you have such as IMAP, POP3, ...
Who the email provider(s) are such as Gmail, Hotmail, ...
How you want your email saved...
I'm assuming this is for Home email and you installed, configure, and control Outlook.

If this is for any Work email account(s) where Outlook is controlled by "Corp. policy / Email administrator" that can make a difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/228370-delete-email-server-using-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Help - Can someone tell me how I can print only the most recent email from a collection of email replies and responses. i.e. When I have sent an email and the other person replies, I then reply to that and they then reply again so I now do not want to print the entire thing but only the most recent reply?

A:Printing only selection from email in outlook 2010

I never heard of a similar possibility, I think you should use the Ctrl + P option to print ans select the last page only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-only-selection-from-email-in-outlook-2010.1013135/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello,

outlook does tell you when a new email shows up in a sub folder thru somthing like this: (5) for example.

i would like to see the new email notifications also in the sub folders! if i get mail i a sub forlder nothing shows if the folders are collapsed

is there a way to do so?

A:outlook 2010 sub folder new email notification

Hey paascal,

You got to go to Rules,
Click on Manage Rules and Alerts. Select the rule you have created for which you want to have the alert and then click on change rule.

Go to Edit rule settings, It will open a new window "Rule Wizard", click on next. On the second window scroll down to bottom and check the option "display and Desktop alert". Finish the setup and you are done.

Next time you get a mail from that specific user and it goes to your sub folder, you will get a desktop alert.

You can do this for any rule you have set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/321603-outlook-2010-sub-folder-new-email-notification.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Is anyone aware of an efficient way to move emails (inbox, sent, etc) from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook 2010 (not Express)?

Tbird2OE is amazingly slow and introduces some problems of its own.

A:Thunderbird to Outlook 2010 - email import?

What's slow about it? Thunderbird is a pretty basic, simple e-mail editor. If it opens slowly or doesn't respond, I suspect you have other problems.

Also, there's no way to natively import e-mails from Thunderbird into Outlook, so you'd have to hunt for a 3rd party tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thunderbird-to-outlook-2010-email-import.1019297/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to transfer old stored emails from my old Windows XP computer that used an MSN email program to MSN) transfer email failure 2010 (from Outlook my new Windows computer that is using Microsoft Outlook I have just purchased a new computer with Windows and Office Professional My email server is MSN com and I was using their email program I want to use Outlook on my new computer In the setting up access to my email account the setup program took me through Microsoft Connections and I was able to access my email account I now want to move the emails I have stored on my old computer under personal data storage on my hard drive to my new computer I contacted MSN support asking how I might accomplish this They advised me to move the emails back to a server folder and the emails and subfolders would then show up in Outlook I tried this with a small group of emails in a folder and it worked I then moved the Outlook 2010 email transfer (from MSN) failure emails to the Personal Data File area in Outlook on my new computer The next day I repeated the transfer process with additional emails but this time Outlook did not show the old emails on the server I Outlook 2010 email transfer (from MSN) failure can still see the emails on the server if I use the MSN mail program but they are not showing up in Outlook I have tried the transfer several times with the same results of Outlook not seeing the old emails All new Outlook 2010 email transfer (from MSN) failure emails received are appearing normally in both Outlook and in the MSN email program The MSN support individuals suspect I might have tripped some type of function or setting that is preventing Outlook from seeing or accepting the older emails but they had no idea and advised I get help from Outlook support I only have this one email account currently set up in Outlook When I tried the reverse process moving emails from the Personal Data File area in Outlook to the server side the emails show up on the server side on my old computer running the MSN mail program The mystery to me is it works in one direction and not the other why Can anyone help do you have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong or how I might get the transfer of these stored emails completed I realize that if the MSN program had PST files things would be easier I look forward to hearing anyone s thoughts Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard A PBZBTG HT H V Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-email-transfer-from-msn-failure.1018205/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am unable to forward my sky.com email account to outlook 2010. I have followed all on screen instructions that I can find but nothing seems to work. Outlook can't find the sky server or send a test email. I have in the past set it up to forward to outlook 2003 on XP so I know it's possible. Has anyone else had this problem? In much need of help to solve this problem.

A:Problems forwarding email to outlook 2010

Welcome
If you follow these instructions carefully, it will work.
Sky Broadband - Configure POP3 IMAP for Windows in Mail in Vista

Are these the instructions that you followed?
Be sure that all the port numbers are correct and you follow the instructions for PPP3 or SMPT as applicable.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/287195-problems-forwarding-email-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I purchased an online version of Outlook 2010 about 2 years ago. Whenever I initially open up Outlook it tells me that my (trial version) has expired and I need to upgrade. I enter my product key information as prompted. After my info is verified nothing happens. I attempt to generate a new email by tipping on the icon but no blank email page appears. I can recieve emails but I can't send them. I double and tripled checked all of my email account settings and everything passes the test. Oh, I also notice at the top of the page that my version is listed as being unregistered. What does that mean?

A:Can't generate a new email message in Outlook 2010

It means your product ID is not being accepted. Did you change anything about the version you installed? Did the product code come with the online purchase?

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/cant-generate-a-new-email-message-in-outlook-2010/20137.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi a friend has asked me to take a look at his laptop He was browsing through his mail and opened one he didn t think it looked suspicious I have ran a check and found nothing on the laptop On opening it his whole inbox disappeared and since then he hasn 2010 Problems in accessing Outlook email t been able to get any mail On doing a send and receive I get these sort of errors Task Synchronizing subscribed folders for dukechristie com reported error x CCC E Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for dukechristie com Error Cannot connect to the server If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP Task dukechristie com - Sending reported error x CCC Problems accessing email in Outlook 2010 D Cannot find the e-mail server Verify the server information in your account properties I think this must be a server error as it suggests it is an IMAP account he is using I have done a google search Problems accessing email in Outlook 2010 to try and fix this but am having no luck I have gone to settings and changed it so it only downloads headers and this has done nothing I have also checked the account settings and they are correct I have been told that he can get his mail through webmail and is having no problem sending and receiving that way I d just like to get it working on Any help would be greatly appreciated he is running a Toshiba L Laptop with windows home premium x

A:Problems accessing email in Outlook 2010

Can you not hide the server information that is critical to assisting you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397488/problems-accessing-email-in-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all,

I need to automatically forward an email onto another account (using a rule), however, i need this to strip out the body of the email and only leave the subject and the attachment.

Im guessing i need to do this in VBA as a script on the rule, however, Ive tried a few (basic) options but cant master anything that remotly works.

Are you able to assist?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-email-body-in-outlook-2010.1037091/
Relevancy 62.35%

I tried to set up my college email (.edu) in recently installed outlook 2010. I did something about Exchange (I don't remember exactly what I did..) when outlook first popped up, and now it won't let me do anything.
When I open outlook, it comes up with the error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. "
I click okay and a box comes up wanting me to enter Microsoft Exchange Server and Mailbox. I try putting my info in but I don't know exactly what to put. If I click okay, an error comes up. "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file...is not an Outlook data file (.ost)."
I click okay and it completely closes outlook.
I've tried to click file in the main window, but it either doesn't let me or says, "Not Responding."
How do I fix it? Thanks!

A:I'm having an error with setting up my .edu email in Outlook 2010.

Can you try this. Go to Tools > Account Settings > Below email select "New" > Click Next > Enter your information > Finish

Then go back and do this same process, but select remove instead of new.

Let me know if this worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/104712-im-having-error-setting-up-my-edu-email-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi

I'm using Outlook 2010. I'm typing an email address into a contact, and it lets me type it in but then when I hit tab or return the address just vanishes. It's happening with an email address that Outlook already knows, so it suggests it as I type it; it seems not to happen with an email address that Outlook doesn't already know.

Any suggestions?

My system info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6091 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1274 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 695532 MB, Free - 549632 MB; D: Total - 15607 MB, Free - 1727 MB; E: Total - 4054 MB, Free - 1103 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 166F
Antivirus: BullGuard Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-wont-accept-email-address.1069269/
Relevancy 62.35%

This is only acount 2 Outlook - inboxes 2010 1 email similar to other threads about inboxes in Outlook but the solutions there have not worked for me I am having difficulty with Outlook under Windows Ultimate Outlook was working fine in Win Xp but not since I Outlook 2010 - 2 inboxes only 1 email acount i installed Win Ultimate I rebuilt my Pc from scratch with Windows Ultimate having backed all the data outlook data Outlook 2010 - 2 inboxes only 1 email acount files and Favorites When I installed Office and ran Outlook for the first time it took me thorugh the process of setting up my single email account The worked fine and a test email arrived as expected Then I tried to import my backup up Outlook pst file and got the message that I did not have access tot his file SO i quit Outlook and Outlook 2010 - 2 inboxes only 1 email acount copied the Outlook pst file to the location replacing the outlook pst file that was there I ran outlook again and the old Personal Folder appeaed complete with all my old files calendar etc etc However there were two inboxes called my email address All new received and sent email arrived here whereas my old files were in the Personal folder Ok after exploring changing the email details and exploring changing the data files only to find the personal data file was the default and there was no way I could change it SO I copied all my folders from the Personal Folder to the new folder whose title was my email address This was time consuming and slow but I eventually got all the files across on this new quot personal quot folder I though well this was OK but then received a warning message from my ISP say my email folder had exceeded its quota SO I quit excel and went in web email and what I found was startling When I coped all the files across the new personl folder title quot my email address quot the entire sub folder and all the emails were created on the server - OPTUSNET COM AU No wonder I had exceed the quota on the server OK so I will transfer the files back to the original personal folder No deal outlook would not let me as it was presumably syncing with the ISP's server So I unstalled Office and reinstalled it hoping for a fresh start When I ran Outlook it found my prevoius outlook pst file and imported it and I had to add my email again Same problem same issue I tired again this time renaming the outlook pst file but to no avail Outlook would not open because it could not find the old PST file DAMN If I could delete the reference to old pst files when I unistall Offcie and reinstall it I think that would resolve the issue I am now using webmail until this issue is resolved Terry

A:Outlook 2010 - 2 inboxes only 1 email acount

You should be able to do it through the system registry.

Backup your registry first, and then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office and delete it.

This will remove the hive for Office 2010.

Close regedit and restart your computer. Re-install Office 2010 and re-configure Outlook.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/167324-outlook-2010-2-inboxes-only-1-email-acount.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I've been using Outlook since and I think I am hitting the wall with this particular problem A couple of months ago I noticed that MS Outlook bit with Windows OS was opening 2010 Crashes when an email Outlook acting a wee bit unstable as it was crashing periodically when I would open an email It was a minor annoyance that I just worked around About a month ago I discovered that if I opened the reading pane view for viewing email the program would crash immediately And now Outlook has become a door stop as within the past week I can no longer open any emails as Outlook 2010 Crashes when opening an email the program crashes each and every time I happened to run a utility program called Mini Tool Box yesterday on a malware hunt a process I learned through this forum which reports everything that is running on your PC It also reports faulting applications which in my case was Outlook I took the pertinent data from this report and sought a solution A forum that I came across advised to run the Inbox Repair Tool scanpst exe I did so Outlook 2010 Crashes when opening an email and the program found errors it does not quantify what errors or how many errors if found I let the program run rebooted and Outlook continued to crash as before Note The crashing of MS Outlook has Outlook 2010 Crashes when opening an email occurred without provocation from changes in my system I have not added deleted any programs I do a weekly defrag and a sweep with a spy bot and C Cleaner I would appreciate any advice on repairing this pesky problem Thank you Jim ConsidineThe information about Outlook stated the following -------------------------------------------------------------------------Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name OUTLOOK EXE version time stamp x b fd eFaulting module name USP DLL version time stamp x b bException code xc Fault offset x d fFaulting process id x b Faulting application start time xOUTLOOK EXE Faulting application path OUTLOOK EXE Faulting module path OUTLOOK EXE Report Id OUTLOOK EXE

A:Outlook 2010 Crashes when opening an email

Do you have any Outlook add-ons enabled? Try disabling or removing them. http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/uninstall_addin.htm
You can also try going into Control Panel>Programs and Features, select Outlook and click Repair. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/repair-office-programs-HA010357402.aspx
Just on the off chance your default font in Outlook is Helvetica: http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2010/up101209.htm#1

The 0xc0000005 error code can be caused by a number of issues. Does the error code only occur with the Outlook.exe file? The likely cause is a problem with the way the program was installed or updated. If not, it could be anything from malware, to damaged system files, to bad RAM or drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541302/outlook-2010-crashes-when-opening-an-email/
Relevancy 62.35%

This is a repost of an earlier message that Outlook 2010 email address won't accept expired before it ever got a reply I had the exact same problem tonight and I think Outlook 2010 won't accept email address I found the cause Here s the meat of the original post by cruciverbalist http forums techguy org all-other-software -outlook- -wont-accept-email html Outlook 2010 won't accept email address Outlook won t accept email address I m using Outlook I m typing an email address into a contact and it lets me type it in but then when I hit tab or return the address just vanishes It s happening with an email address that Outlook already knows so it suggests it as I type it it seems not to happen with an email address that Outlook doesn Outlook 2010 won't accept email address t already know Any suggestions Thanks - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I had this same problem tonight and it was very frustrating Whether I typed out the full address or used the autosuggest feature after the first few letters the result was the same It would disappear when I tried to save the contact Here s how I got around it In my case I looked up the email sent by the person with the address that the Contact page would not accept The address as received in the email had the first letter capitalized On the Contact page the auto-filled email address did not and when I typed it myself I didn t capitalize it and therefore didn t match exactly When I retyped the email address in the Contact page using the same capitalization and saved it everything worked fine and it showed up nbsp

A:Outlook 2010 won't accept email address

I'm thinking there's a problem with the 'autocomplete cache' that may continue to haunt. I would clear the cashe and let it start over. Instructions here http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/disable-clear-outlook-2010-auto-complete-cache/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-wont-accept-email-address.1082808/
Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings all I'm a real newbie to this forum so if I have posted this in the incorrect location addresses choose to Outlook from?? 2010 email just let me know Thanks - When I create a new email and begin to type in a name for example J a window drop-down appears and shows Outlook 2010 email addresses to choose from?? me names that begin with the letter quot J quot and the next name shown begins with the letter quot L quot Since I actually have names that begin with quot J quot why can't I scroll down the list and pick the one I want If I double click on the quot To quot it will bring up my address book and then I can type quot J quot and it will show me all the quot J quot s that I can choose from However that is obviously another step to go through that wastes time Is there an option I need to check to allow the first window drop down to show me more options or another solution Thanks in advance for any information you can provide to solve this problem for me Ron

A:Outlook 2010 email addresses to choose from??

Hi Ron, maybe I'm missing something, but the more letters you type, the narrower the field becomes.

So for example, if I start off with "L" all the names with L will pop-up, as I type the second letter, LI, all the names with LI will stay and everything else drops off and so on. That's the way the "auto" feature is designed to work.

The other way you could do it is just type the entire name in the To box and hit Check Names and the box that opens will have a list of all the people with that name, then you just choose the one you want.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/125629-outlook-2010-email-addresses-choose.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Tried to send an email to a friend and noticed that they are no longer in the address book? So tried to re-enter them as a new contact. When I got to the email address block, I started to type in the email address and the old address showed up. I selected it and when I try to go to the next line, it disappears. Tried a save and close, the name shows up but no email address?? ARghhhh! Help please.

A:Outlook 2010 adding email address

Try deleting his contact info and then re-adding it using clicking on the new items drop-down and then selecting 'contact'

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/141053-outlook-2010-adding-email-address.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all:

Made the mistake of trying to send a huge email through Outlook... now it is stuck and can't find a way to get rid of it. Seems to be sucking up memory and besides that it is irritating.

I'm using an Earthlink email address. My internet service is a local one and offers 4G.

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Outlook 2010 - email stuck

if the item is stuck in your outbox, you may not be able to delete it until you set Outlook to work Offline (Send / Receive then Work Offline from the Ribbon). Note: This may not be instantaneous - you may need to let it sit in Offline for a while before you can go to your Outbox and delete the stuck mail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2010-email-stuck.1086352/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all I just happily installed Win on my desktop and laptop Included with that is Office Beta which I want to use at least until October when the trial expires I've decided to try and give all the stock MS programs a other email 2010...switch client? Outlook to shot I've become very irked by the fact that about six different companies offering two different suites with ten different programs in each suite Outlook 2010...switch to other email client? none of which compat well together are what I get to sift through until I find my pick I've currently been running Google Chrome and using GMail Chrome is really nice once I got used to the minimal interface GMail too has long been a favorite of mine However I have Office and want to full utilize what I see as a great productivity suite especially compared to Google's online suites which seems to be still in the shaky ground of beta and new releases My issue is this I've tried importing my GMail into Outlook but there are a lot of discrepancies Filters for one don't transfer from GMail into Outlook I have like thirty messages in my inbox that should be in my school box And I think trying to sync everything up would be a pain in the ass and need constant adjustment especially since it's already been finnicky in the first day's use Is there some awesome way to get Outlook to recognize all my GMail settings Or should I switch email clients Which I'm fine to do I just got a new phone essentially a new laptop and desktop and I'm moving so why not go whole hog and change all my email stuff too I've used GMail for about two years and I'm comfortable with it--but that's not necessarily good and I could always switch back to GMail if I hate Outlook Now I know this seems almost strange switching BACK to IE and Office from Google but I'd like to try it My goal is to have a consolidated easily synchronized inclusive compatible series of programs for my daily communications Maybe in a few years I'll be using Android or something but for now I want to keep everything as in-house Microsoft as possible Is IE really that terrible If I get an email for use with Outlook what client do I use Not hotmail I won't regress that far Is there an outlook client or something Also since I have Office I'd prefer not to install redundant bloat software such as Windows Live It offers nothing I don't already have is designed as a free alternative to Office Thanks

A:Outlook 2010...switch to other email client?

The best way of synchronising gmail and outlook is by the use of IMAP rather than POP3 access.

What this does is any actions performed at one location is duplicated in the other so if you have a rule operating in gmail the result is automatically reflected in Outlook and vice versa and the folder structure is also synchronised.

I actually find that gmails support for IMAP is not the best, (using tags rather than actual folders), but it does work.

A better Service for outlook/imap use is in my opinion Free Webmail and E-Mail by GMX | Sign Up Now!, which also looks more like outlook in use. you may want to have a look at this free service and as it has a mail collector, for your existing gmail account, can ease the transition

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/67831-outlook-2010-switch-other-email-client.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4020 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 119232 MB, Free - 26487 MB; D: Total - 337702 MB, Free - 337199 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., N71Jq
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I want to color code my e-mails (the same way I did in Outlook 2003). When I go to
[View, View settings, Conditional formatting, Add] - I find that the “Add” is greyed out. It is unavailable to me.
How can I color code my e-mails in 2010 just the same way as I did in Outlook 2003?

A:Color Code Email in Outlook 2010

Try visiting this site for a solution

http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/coloremailadvanced.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-code-email-in-outlook-2010.1032037/
Relevancy 62.35%

There was an old thread from last year which described a problem with Outlook Contact records but which did not offer a definitive solution This is to follow up with such a solution The problem sometimes arises email address Outlook accept won't 2010 when you try to edit an existing contact record by adding a new email address When you enter the Outlook 2010 won't accept email address new email address and when you then move on to the next field the new email address sometimes disappears IOW Outlook will not allow you to add the email address This problem appears to be related to Outlook s autofill feature if you ve received an email from the contact using that new email address Outlook will autofill the Contact email field with that address But it won t accept it and it disappears as soon as you move to the next field The offered solution from last year s thread was to clear the autofill cache and to see if that would work But there was no report as to whether or not that solution worked and it s rather cumbersome to find and delete the whole cache file That thread is now closed I tried a simpler solution that did work deleting the offending email address from autofill This is easily done by starting a new email message to the contact person in question When you start to type the person s name or email address into the To line of the new message Outlook will suggest the offending email address Simply delete that autofill suggestion there s an x next to it That done you can get rid of the new email message not necessary to actually send it and then re-open the person s contact record You can now enter the address into the email field move to the next field and it should stick Save the edited contact record and you re done It s peculiar that this problem has been around so long with no clear solution offered I ve encountered it a few times and been puzzled about what to do until now Hope this helps nbsp

A:Outlook 2010 won't accept email address

howdy, and welcome to TSG......

do you have a link to that thread? If so, I can merge this with that, and maintain some sort of continuity....

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-wont-accept-email-address.1115507/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi ,

I am facing one issue with MS outlook 2010 on windows 7 Enterprise that i am not able send attachment using outlook 2010 but able to send emails without attachements.Attachments with size more than 40kb were remaining in outbox and outlook goes to not responding state.

But MS office 2010 on XP machine able to send attachments of all size.
Please help ASAP.

A:Not able to send Email with attacment outlook 2010

are you using Ms outlook 2010 beta??

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/97836-not-able-send-email-attacment-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

We are in the middle of moving from a local exchange server to using Microsoft hosted mail Currently both our local mail and office mail are active As an intermediary step I am attaching both accounts to our current version of outlook so that people can move mail through Outlook at their own pace So far I've set this up a dozen times with minimal issues but I have run into a strange problem One user's outlook fails repeatedly to add the account It acts like it's working fine but when outlook requests the password my user types it in and the box requesting the password pops up again If told to cancel an error pops up stating that the exchange server cannot be found and that outlook needs to be online outlook to an email 365 office 2010 Attaching I neglected to get the complete message but that is the gist The same email can be setup on a different machine and the password is correct because it was used to set up one drive on the same machine I even tried creating a new mail profile Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 but it Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 also had Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 issues The problem has to be with that installation of outlook specifically and possibly the user profile This user has had a lot of issues with their outlook before sometimes due to data size issues too many names in the junk list just flat too much email period They currently have a lot of pst archived folders attached to outlook as a compromise to keeping the inbox small and I'm wondering if this could have any impact Has anyone heard of this problem or have any suggestions

A:Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010

Never mind. I kind of answered my own question after I thought about it.

FYI: Even if the main profile is under 2 GB, if all the open data files exceed a certain size (I'm not sure how much, but this was over 6 GB) it will not add a new profile. I closed the other data files and was then able to add the new email without issue. After restarting outlook, I was able to reopen the other data files, and all seems to be well now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606829/attaching-an-office-365-email-to-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 62.35%

My outlook is marking my email as read before i look at them.
Email sometime shows as read in the inbox the first time it apears. other times the email shows up as unread but changes to read on its own. Or a large groupe of email changes to read if I touch another email with the curser. Some email comes in unread and stays that way as long as I don't read it.

I can't find any consistancey.

I also get lots of Spam. Eventhough i have setting set high. The company even has a firewall. Most of the other folks here dont get much spam.

Our IT guy has scanned my computer with Hijackthis, malwarebytes, Trendmicro and i dont know what else.

He has asked Microsoft for help and more.

You folks are my last chance. Has anyone solved this problem??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-marks-all-email-as-read.1020483/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Here goes I just bought Windows did a complete format of hard drive Installed Windows Created my outlook com email to use for my Windows login and Search Windows Logon Conduit account on email Virus my SkyDrive First thing I Conduit Search Virus on Windows Logon email account did was do updates then made sure Defender was turned on Then installed Google Chrome and logged into my chrome account Installed VLC Player then Wifi Mouse Server so I can watch a blu-ray movie through tv via HDMI cable Conduit Search Virus on Windows Logon email account While being able to control it all through my inactive android phone with Wifi Mouse by Necta Ive used it many times before on different computers etc but this time for some reason when I went to install Wifi Mouse server it has installed an extra apps EVEN though I specifically like every other time decline all there offers during install Followed many different instructions I googled on how to remove each app the right way and how to REMOVE every way possible conduit search tried everything nothing worked No matter what I did to try and remove all these six apps including using revo uninstaller and malware bytes and combofix yes I followed every instruction on bleepingcomputers as how to properly do it conduit search would always come back and be the main search engine regardless of me even changing the settings back to google Gave up formatted the computer reinstalled windows used my outlook com account and SAMETHING CONDUIT SEARCH is back on Internet Explorer and most importantly Google Chrome What do I do to get rid of it Please help I am not giving my new outlook com because I really like the email address I got for the 'partbefore' the outlook com Can someone please please help me I am so frustrated I am so mad How can this be I am assuming then that conduit search uploaded itself to the my settings for my outlook com through skydrive EDIT Okay on internet explorer I was able to change back the default search engine to google restarted and its gone of internet explorer BUT on my previous installation i never had this problem on internet explorer because google chrome was my default browser and I checked internet explorer and it was fine on previous install And now it was automatically on internet explorer conduit search So now that I installed google chrome and logged into my google chrome account BAMMMMM conduit search again damnnnittt does it ever end so that must mean it infected my google chrome account Please I feel like I am going to go through the process of trying to find the owners of conduit search and the owner of wifi mouse to hunt them down and make examples out of them by breaking there legs making it very public on the news so that the next owners or people stepping up to run the company while previous guys are recovering in hospital WILL be scared to SCREW PEOPLE AROUND LIKE THIS btw lol just a fantasy Just sooooooo FRUSTRATED EDIT Also now windows will not send me another verification code to verify my outlook com windows logon account ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHH because i already just activated it on the last install EDIT This is what I found out about the microsoft verification I might have pressed it a couple times out of frustration so does that mean they wont send me a new code Pending Limit Exceeded To further protect your privacy and prevent unwanted e-mails we allow only three e-mail verification messages to be sent to your inbox If you are still unable to receive the Verification E-mail after three attempts contact us So I now try to change my verification method to a different email windows is stating quot HELP US PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT We have a waiting period for updates to take effect On December We will delete your old security info Once this is deleted you will be able to verify your account with info you have access to If you didnt make the updates or if you still have access to the above info you can cancel the updates quot I tried cancelling and nothing... Read more

A:Conduit Search Virus on Windows Logon email account

Try going to settings in Chrome then extensions and delete conduit there. I think you can also reset Chrome in the settings now. Also run AdwCleaner AdwCleaner Download I've found it best for ridding a machine of the conduit scourge.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/35889-conduit-search-virus-windows-logon-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I would like to know how I delete a outlook email account because it has been compromised

A:Microsoft Outlook email account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, select Security & Privacy:

Select More security settings:

If prompted for password, enter it. Browse to bottom of the page, select Close my account:

Be sure to read everything on next page before clicking Next:

Follow the rest of on-screen instructions to close your account.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69247-microsoft-outlook-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a new HP Pavilion preloaded with 8.1. I loaded Office 2013 and set up the email account. All worked well until two days ago when I realized I could not send any emails only receive. I removed the account and reinstalled the account - things only got worse. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem. Somewhere there is a file that is has wrong information stored about the account and how to communicate with the provider but I do not know where that is, can someone help with this issue?

A:Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Close Outlook out completely and navigate to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (Where %username% is your username on that computer)

Delete the .pst file that is in that folder. Next time you open outlook it will have you create another profile with your email account.

Im guessing that your outlook profile is corrupt. If it is this should help resolve the issue you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/70390-outlook-email-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I inadvertently deleted my email account from outlook, and now I am unable to re-add it. I actually have both outlook 2010 and 2016 installed, but up until I deleted my email I was able to use both. Now I can't use either of them under my main email address.
I have a pop3 account with stml, from comcast. I have tried numerous times to re-add it, both in the regular way and manually to no avail. I get the error message that my requested process failed. My account is still in the pst. data section, as well as on my computer.

Help,
Tina

A:Unable to re-add my email account to outlook

Only one version of Outlook will work on your computer. This always opts for the latest version, so you need to uninstall Outlook 2010 & only use Outlook 2016.

Your .pst files should work, but you may need to point Outlook 2016 where to find those files & this can be done through Files in Outlook & then through Account settings.

Unless you have a specific need to have 2 versions of Office on your computer, you might consider uninstalling office 2010 & only using Office 2016. Only having one version works best & has less problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/398104-unable-re-add-my-email-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I run a small business from home and use outlook for emails. I want my wife who uses another PC to have access to the same emails through outlook but on her PC, is it possible? I answer questions whilst she handles payments / orders which all come through this one email account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee1133

Relevancy 61.92%

I am a neewbie I have a systemax venture Windows XP Home Edition SP I used to have Verizon as my DSL service provided I cancelled Verizon and am now using a router that runs off of my husband s Verizon account When I open Outlook and its trying to opend send receive expired account email looking Outlook for I get the followig message Task my inbox com - Receiving reported error x CCC F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues Outlook looking for expired email account contact your server administrator or Outlook looking for expired email account Internet service provider ISP When I try to send an email from Outlook or a Publication from Microsoft Publisher I get the following message Task my inbox com - Sending reported error x CCC Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responded Server access forbidden by your IP Visit http cbl abuseat org lookup cgi ip ' I went to Inbox help section and set up Inbox on pop for a while everything was okay after a week I get the message I listed above I am starting a small home business and I would like to continue sending Microsoft Publisher documents by email I need help badly remember I m a newbie and I may not get it the first time nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 61.92%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

My Outlook search is not working properly. I cannot search any messages i have received in the last three weeks. If i search a certain recipient that i know has sent me emails both prior to and since Sept. 11th, the only results are from before that date. Anything since that date will not show up in any search. I have checked the indexing options, rebuilt the index, repaired the .PST file (SCANPST.EXE). I can't figure it out. Nothing changed on that day, I did not install any new software or make any changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/382750-outlook-2010-search-wont-find-new-messages.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Outlook 2010: Instant Search not working when Cached Exchange Mode is turned on.

My Outlook able to perform Instant Search when Cached Exchange Mode is turned off.

I had tried:
1. Created new Outlook profile.
2. Enabled Windows Indexing Service.
3. Rebuild Windows Index.

I also followed the steps provided in this page:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...ms-HA010198085

Anyone meet this issue before?
Kindly help me if you know the solutions.

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010: Instant Search not working

Hi kgoh15X, welcome to the forum.

Is there maybe something in this link which might explain things more clearly:
Outlook 2010: New features and Cached Exchange Mode | MSOutlook.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164805-outlook-2010-instant-search-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I used "search all calendar items" in Outlook 2010 and successfully completed search. Now I cannot close the search window and return to viewing my weekly calendar. When I start Outlook, it shows appointments in single outline column, but when I click on the Calendar in the left hand pane it shows the completed search pane all over again and again. How do I get read of the search pane and get my calendar back?

A:Search results in Outlook 2010 cannot be closed

There should be close button in Search tools (check my screenshot in attachment).

If you do not have that, please post screenshot of your situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/215245-search-results-outlook-2010-cannot-closed.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The instant search function on my outlook has stopped working I have previously had and then repaired this issue after the initial instant working not 2010 Outlook search install of office To solve the issue before I did the following Search tools gt Search options gt Indexing options gt Modify Deselect all selected options Delete and rebuild index advanced options and restart machine Reselect the folders to be indexed I Outlook 2010 instant search not working have tried to repeat this process but I am unable to delete the MS outlook location I cannot see the documents and settings folder in the C drive and therefore cannot navigate to User name appdata local microsoft outlook I have tried changing the view setting in folder options to show hidden files and I have tried opening outlook as an administrator I cannot see how to to delete this indexed location As I keep my PST file on a different partition this means that the search functionality has for the time being stopped completely Any advice would be much appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 instant search not working

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried the Inbox Repair Tool?
Tutorial here: pst file Corrupted - Repair

More info here:
Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) | MSOutlook.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185076-outlook-2010-instant-search-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hello i tried changing an email address and i got this message and cant find how to fix it... anyone have an idea?

outlook 2010.

A:one or more email addresses are not in a valid format outlook 2010

You have not supplied a lot of information. Are you trying to change the email address of one of your contacts, or are you trying to change one of your email accounts.

Have a look at this MS website & there is a solution to try.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/360849-one-more-email-addresses-not-valid-format-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Using Microsoft outlook 2010,everything fine. I have three accounts one of them default.

The recent small problem is ,that Each day email arrives ,it is downloading into different account folders, never the same one twice??
It is beginning to get really frustrating, I have checked all settings even to the point of having my ISP check settings.

Am I missing something, is there anyway I can ensure Email downloads into folder of choice?Many thanks Caskin

A:Microsoft outlook 2010 Random inputs of email?

A filter could give that problem and one could be used to put emails in the right folder

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/125249-microsoft-outlook-2010-random-inputs-email.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a specific email contact who can be reached directly through my Gmail on Google but every time I send directly from Outlook 2010 the email dies as "Invalid Recipient". This applies even if I am replying to a received email from that person so it is not a typo or similar personal error and it is the only contact which behaves like this.

Anyone out there with any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 won't accept a specific email address

Do they have special non-alphanumeric characters in their username?

That's the only thing that I can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/272996-outlook-2010-wont-accept-specific-email-address.html