Windows Support Forum

Win 7/ie/& ssd performance

Q: Win 7/ie/& ssd performance

This is my problem's
1. With windows 7 installed, IE 9 will make my PDF's open in the same tab, therefore makeing adobe to ask if this is "ok". But whin I uninstall ie 8 in the cotrol panel and install ie 9 from a "Download" site ie; "microsoft" this does not happen, why?
2. I have researched for over two(2) week's or more to find the best "Performance" trick's, maintenance changes to "Disk" as well as Software and still my ssd hard drive does not performe as well as my "7200rpm" regular hhd, shown in performanance "5.9" over all "5.5"

So are there any tacker's, I have tryed just about every thing out there! The SSD should perform at lest on the "low"side at "7.1" but so far it has not..

Please I need some advise!!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win 7/ie/& ssd performance

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win 7/ie/& ssd performance

A bit obvious but did you set the BIOS to AHCI? Also as far as I am concerned IE9 is a clinker. I just returned to the speed and smooth performance of IE8. Ahhhh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/177450-win-7-ie-ssd-performance.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I am going through sql server 2005 implemetation and maintenance book.

On chapter 15 it is going through useing performance moniter. which was about long before windows 7.

Now ive got up to specifying my counters but i cannot find options to:

1. Set the inteval to one second.
2. Specify which user to run counter logs and enter the users password
3. Leave the log files and schedules tabs at their defaults - (dont even know what this means)

Any ideas how to do these?

Thanks.

A:Performance Has Changed To Performance Moniter

Quote: Originally Posted by TheNew7

I am going through sql server 2005 implemetation and maintenance book.

On chapter 15 it is going through useing performance moniter. which was about long before windows 7.

Now ive got up to specifying my counters but i cannot find options to:

1. Set the inteval to one second.
2. Specify which user to run counter logs and enter the users password
3. Leave the log files and schedules tabs at their defaults - (dont even know what this means)

Any ideas how to do these?

Thanks.

In Reliability and Performance Monitor, Click on Performance Monitor ont he left pane, then right click it and "New" > "Data Collector Set". Run through the Wizard, here you can give a name and set the user to run as and enter the password. You will hen see it under "Data Colector Sets" ion the left pane, you can right click go to properties to see the other settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/76936-performance-has-changed-performance-moniter.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Well, yet another small doubt has occured to me. Quick and simple, my system (Windows Vista Home Premium) has been sufficient and satisfactory until now with it's 1014MB of RAM, however, seemingly, like with every other computer I've used, they always just get slower over time (or perhaps the excitement wears off) and I was wondering just how much of an improvement it would really be to have 1.5GB RAM or even 2GB RAM.

Considering HP sent me this beauty with two 512MB RAM, of course, now I wonder why they did that. Hahah.

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello everyone I have been having troubles with gaming over the past month with errors occurring here and there while gaming When going to quot Performance performance rated Help Bad performance. at 2. Gaming please! information and Tools quot I noticed that my Gaming graphics is rated at which is totally impossible as it used to Bad performance. Gaming performance rated at 2. Help please! be above when I purchased this laptop a year ago NOTE for some reason it states I only have Graphics Card even though I have x NVIDIA GTX M in SLI I have also experienced some fatal errors related to my Nvidia cards stating something in the lines of quot nvidia kernel device stopped responding quot Cannot remember the exact error message Any help appreciated because on this machine I should be able to play a lot of games on high graphics still yet just a couple of days ago WoW started lagging minutes into a gaming session with GPU temps of DXDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name VADIM- Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer CLEVO System Model P HMx BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type NVxx DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id CMO Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - DA CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBV... Read more

A:Bad performance. Gaming performance rated at 2. Help please!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

The first thing I notice is that your Windows installation is almost 2 years out of date, you don't have SP1 installed which was released in January 2011, so subsequently are probably missing numerous updates, patches and fixes for Windows itself.

Have you cleaned out the vents and heatsinks? Dust build up will increase heat which will in turn reduce performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-performance-gaming-performance-rated-at-2-help-please.1071127/
Relevancy 36.55%

I just now installed an Intel GB SSD Measuring the performance got strange results First it did not at all perform close to my expectations and Intels promises Above is the HD Tune benchmark but Crystal Disk Mark showed similar performance The next day I turned on the machine and using AS SSD I suddenly measured low 520 then SSD, performance, high Intel performance, again...? low roughly double the performance And just to Intel 520 SSD, low performance, high performance, then low again...? be sure I also benchmarked with HD Tune I ran AS SSD several times and got approximately the same results but I also got an error message on the Acc Time measurement saying that quot Could not open device PHYSICALDRIVE quot Does anyone know what that is about I read somewhere on the web that it could have something to do with my RAM drive Happy with this I installed the permanently in the computer But I decided to run a final measurement before going to bed And suddenly now again I got the low performance This is measured just hours later than the one above I haven't Intel 520 SSD, low performance, high performance, then low again...? the faintest clue what's going on Could it be broken Any ideas

A:Intel 520 SSD, low performance, high performance, then low again...?

The alignment looks OK if I read that picture correctly.

Intel's don't necessarily have the highest specs, but most of the specs don't mean much for most users.

If you had not benchmarked it, would you still be disappointed? Does it feel snappy, boot fast, open apps quickly, run virus scans quickly, etc?

I don't know if RAM disk might affect it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226120-intel-520-ssd-low-performance-high-performance-then-low-again.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, I played the cod4 demo on my laptop with the following settings:

640x480
Textures - Normal
Texture Filtering - Trilinear
Anisotropic filtering - Full
Model Detail - Normal
Ragdoll - On
Rest - Lowest settings

I can get a good 30+fps and in close quarters I get 70+.

Can I run the full game (sp and mp) with the same settings and get the same fps? I'm particularly worried about maps with lots of grass (overgrown, epic sniper level in sp) as I heard it kills the frame rate.

Also just wondering, how come I can't set model detail to high? Do I need SM3.0 for that?

My laptop:

Intel Pentium 4 630 3GHz
2GB DDR2-400
ATI Mobility Radeon X600 128MB with Hypermemory
Windows XP SP3

Relevancy 27.09%

i just upgraded to xp from me. in me to check out the performance you right clicked on my computer properties then performance and it would give you a number like 84%. how do i get my performance percent in xp?

thanks in advance
kingsmag

Relevancy 27.09%

Hello guys.
I have questions.
Im looking for a full-performance settings for my PC. I'll use for game development (w/ VS and MonoGame) and Gaming. So after a clean install...
Specs: Win 10 x64, GPU 750M i7

? Should I remove built-in features in windows 10?
? Is K-Lite Codecs realy necessary?
? What services can I disable that wont affect myself? (I won't use Xbox win10 platform)
? As a good computer user, I know what kind of risks I have. Is Windows Defender OK or I need AV and a Malware tool?
? MSConfig settings will help?
? Can I disable my Intel Graphics driver to set my GPU as default for my monitor or is there another way to do it? (I don't care about power usage).
? Is there a performance post with all information needed to perform a clean install and setup a new OS for the best settings performance ?
Thanks

A:Performance help

Welcome to the TenForums.

Originally Posted by EFR3SXZ

? Should I remove built-in features in windows 10?

I remove all, but NET Frameworks, I also disable IPv6 and delete all network protocols.

? Is K-Lite Codecs really necessary?

No, if you are using something like MPC-HC or VideoLAN and do not edit videos and such.

? What services can I disable that wont affect myself? (I won't use Xbox win10 platform)

That is a hard one, there is no universal advice for all, it depends, what windows features or various software you are using, eg I disable PrintSpooler, because I do not have a printer and so on.

You can start researching here: Black Viper Black Viper, but basically you will find out by trial and error.
You can also look at my config for sugestions about services and other stuff: [Batch] Windows 10 Tweaks.

? As a good computer user, I know what kind of risks I have. Is Windows Defender OK or I need AV and a Malware tool?

It is OK, that means average, you could try something like 360 Total Security Essential
WD sometimes causes high CPU/RAM/HDD usage for no apparent reason, not scanning.

? MSConfig settings will help?

There are better tools like Autoruns or CCleaner's startup manager.

? Can I disable my Intel Graphics driver to set my GPU as default for my monitor or is there another way to do it? (I don't care about power usage).

Sorry, can not really help you at that one.

? Is there a performance post with all information needed to perform a clean install and setup a new OS for the best settings performance ?

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
Optimize Performance of Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Note: Do not forget to backup registry or create a system backup before doing any changes.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40514-performance-help.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok Here is the deal I have this addiction for downloading all sorts of things just to try it out If I don t like it then I simply uninstall it and that is that Now I know that there are certain files that get stored on your cpu when you install that you can t delete I have come to beleive taht because of my addiction I have caused my CPU to loose alot of performance points I don t know how to get it back up to the speed that it was when I baught it I am pretty sure I could just fdisk and reinstall the OS but I am afraid that that will void my waranty and I may screw something up There are alot of drivers and such and XP Performance I just don t if I can do all of that So I guess my question is really what I can do to get my cpu back up to speed I want to have a corvette but I feel like I have a Geo Metro Thanks In Advance nbsp

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,
I have a sony pcg-f630 laptop which i upgraded to xp....it has an amd 550mhz k6-III processor...and 184mb of ram (64mb initial + 128mb -8mb for video).......I realize that this comptuer isnt capable of much..but never the less i was hoping to get the most out of it..so i have several questions

1)would changing the ram to 256 from 184 really make a difference or no (as i know xp loves ram)

2)what should the page file be set at...i do use this computer for slight gaming, networking, cd listening...etc

3)i plan to hook up an external hdd via the ilink port..should a page file be created on this xternal hdd?

thanks all :-D

A:performance help xp

question 1.always the best tweak for your computer........more ram....as much as you can afford gives the best performance boost.
2.have a look here:http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/memory-win2k/memory-4.shtml
3.i would keep the pagefile on your c: drive......you can split the pagefile over both drives,its dead easy to do but you wont notice any benefit.
4.have a nice day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-help-xp.131997/
Relevancy 27.09%

i went to pitstop and this is what they came up with amd i do not undertand it .It shows poor internet performance something about ping and broadwith and etc
Slow Internet performance

Internet ConfigurationDescription Your Results
Bandwidth Down 39 Kbits/sec
Bandwidth Up 50 Kbits/sec
Average Ping 324 ms
Ping Loss 0%
TCP Receive Window (default)
External IP Address 172.145.59.114
Internal IP Address 172.145.59.114
Browser MSIE 6.0
IE current cache 5 MB
IE max cache 80 MB
it also came up with soemthing about spyware and save now adware I have this on my computer and do not know what it is could you help

Relevancy 27.09%

I know that this might be a sensitive post, but please bear with me. I have utorrent installed, to receive large files from family that i have scattered all over the country. I have noticed that when i have utorrent open and running, everything else on my computer will stop or freeze up. I have got used to it by now, just wondering if there was any explanation for this. Malware...virus and addware scans came up with noting, and none of the files i dl would harm my computer (even after the Christmas dinner conversation we had)Any thoughts???

A:Odd performance

FWIW: There is a ton of info available on the Web regarding torrents and malware...all you have to do is use Google.

You may want to read Are Torrents Safe Info - http://www.infocarnivore.com/tag/are-torrents-safe/ .

If you are trying to address possible system issues that have nothing to do with malware, but the manner in which your torrent program works...I suggest that you try the support forum or...again...just use Google to search for "utorrent issues".

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441741/odd-performance/
Relevancy 27.09%

Short version My old laptop years old full of junk slow runs a minecraft game on about fps With the exact same video settings and environment my brand new top-of-the-range quad core Samsung laptop runs it with about fps I've spoken to a few friends and they can't understand why it is so underperforming when the guys in PCWorld said it'd be great for gaming Long version I used to have and still have sitting on odd Performance really my desk a HP G laptop running Windows bit I Performance really odd bought a brand new Samsung Series laptop running Windows bit days ago The HP has a Dual-Core AMD Athlon II P The Samsung has a Quad-Core AMD A M The HP is full of crap and has always run slowly the Performance really odd samsung is brand new and has core processor so anyone would say that it would most certainly run faster While general performance is a bit faster it's not great and simple Minecraft is where it can be measured The HP gets ish fps The Samsung gets about fps I don't understand why it would be doing this as the settings on both are exactly the same Also general performance on the Samsung isn't the greatest or what i would have expected from a quadcore laptop that's meant to be good at performance Any suggestions or ideas Thanks James

A:Performance really odd

Is it possible you have dual graphics? I mean an Intel HD card and a Nvidia/AMD card...
otherwise try to check performance when on power.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16141-performance-really-odd.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok soo, I charged my laptop with a smaller capacity ac adapter(45w). it is fully charged now and i want too game (lol or csgo) but the performance level is decreased. Is there anyway i can increase it again too its normal performance without connecting the proper ac adapter (65w)?Ive tried league of legends and the fps varies from 01 too 100+ but usually is around 30 thanks

A:low performance

lppoh Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Laptops are configured, by design, to reduce performance while running on battery power to prolong the battery life.  This is to be expected. If you look into Power Settings, you can configure the laptop to use max power while on battery -- but that will seriously reduce the time you can use it. Your best bet is to continue to have the laptop connected to AC power while gaming.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/low-performance/td-p/5802318
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,
I'm running 8Mb patriot DDR3 1600 RAM but read somewhere that my i7920 CPU only recognises 1333. If that is so, how can I get full value from my RAM? Txs Harry

A:RAM performance

These processors support DDR3 memory with a maximum frequency of 1066 MHz. If faster DDR3 memory is used (such as 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz), it will be down-clocked to operate at 1066 MHz.

You can overclock the RAM if your motherboard will let you.

Processors - Frequently asked questions

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/edi...12%2F24c12.asp

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55978-ram-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I've been going in circles since I put this rig together, trying to get my RAM to perform the way that I thought that it should. The RAM is Patriot PGS34G1600LLKA, which is suppose to be PC3-12800 1600MHz. However, as can be seen in the screenshots, it doesn't appear to be performing as it should.

I ran Memtest-86 for 6 passes without any errors, and hoping that it might reconfigure the motherboard in some fashion that would help, I set it to use it's UCC overclocking at boot, but if there is any improvement, I don't see it.

I want to be able to find the solution, and if that isn't possible, determine what is at fault...the RAM or the motherboard. All responses and insights appreciated.

EDIT: Note that in the second screenshot, that it labels the RAM as PC3-8500, rather than PC3-12800.

A:RAM Performance

I also tried an encode while UCC was enabled, and had to abort pretty quickly, because the CPU maxed it's temperature and was still climbing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/173261-ram-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey, I just had a quick question.

Does desktop resolution affect in game performance, like i play mw2 and i set the mw2 res to 640x400... 'cos i lag, but my desktop res is 1440x900, So if i set my desktop res to lets say 800x400 when gaming, would it increase fps and reduce lag? and after finished gaming i could put it back to 1440x900?

Thanks.

GPU: Intergrated ATI Radeon HD 3200... ;[
RAM: 2gb
Processor: AMD Phenom[tm] 9150e quad-core processor 1.80GHz.
System: 32bit vista
Acer.

EDIT: Also if i change the "Compatibility" to "Run as Windows XP SP2" would that help? for Modern Warfare 2, steam game.
Also erm, in Modern Warfare 2, if the Screen Refresh rate setting is on 75 instead of 60, does it lag more?

A:Des Res + Performance

Also i found that Triple Buffering helps the games performance? and using D3D overrider can enable Triple buffering for all games. Should i use it?

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/3866/63092090.jpg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/des-res-performance-478937.html
Relevancy 27.09%

hello i want to declare that i very unsitisfied with the performance of my laptop with win 7 x64:
1.most of the time i see that my CPU usage is high
2.on new games on highest settings the game runs slow and i have tried the new wolfenstein and on highest settings its slow while my friend with the same laptop as mine but with processor t6400 and win 7 x86 told me that on highest settings its runs fine.

i wondering if i should try the win 7 x86 instrad of the x64?

It's got nothing to do with "bitness" (32-bit versus 64-bit). There's something running on your machine - but not your mate's - which is slowing things down.

If you go into task manager, processes tab, and sort by the CPU column, which process is responsible for the background utilisation that you're reporting?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/25556-low-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi. I want to know, if I bring down my
cpu's temperature to below 30 degrees celcius, will it give the cpu's performance a boost? (I do have the right stuff to lower the temperature). The cpu runs at this moment between 35 and 45 degrees.

Posted via Mobile Device

Relevancy 27.09%

Whats better, ram with memory modules on both sides or just one side

e.g. 8 modules or 16?

cheers

A:RAM performance

One side, for most purposes. But on some laptops, it can varry.
On a few older computers, high density memory will not be detected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-performance.77095/
Relevancy 27.09%

Can you please tell me what is the difference in performance whyle using a 128Mb VGA 8x on a AGP slot 4x in compare with a 128Mb VGA 8x on a AGP slot 8x? I mean, does in wirth the trouble or a it's best to get a new Mother Board?

A:VGA 8x performance on AGP 4x

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The difference will be negligible, so no need to worry.

I copied this from http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6052

As you can see there isn`t that much difference.

Test #1= 8X AGP
3D Mark 2000= 20,744
3D Mark 2001= 23,817
3D Mark 2003= 12,254

Test #2= 4X AGP
3D Mark 2000= 20,143
3D Mark 2001= 23,711
3D mark 2003= 12,211

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-8x-performance-on-agp-4x.42436/
Relevancy 27.09%

Over time my S3 has been getting worse and worse performance.  Not sure how to diagnose what has caused problem.  Nothing seems to be obvious.  Cleaned up disk.

A:S3 performance

Download Malwarebytes,https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/  run it and see if it finds anything. Uninstall all the programs and apps you know you will never use. Go to Taskmanagers start tab and disable anything that doesn't need to run from bootup.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/S3-performance/td-p/435271
Relevancy 27.09%

I hope you can help with a PC that is steadily getting worse and worse It takes over minutes to load up Here is the log from Belarc Any advise would be appreciated - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Performance Bad The license associated with the Belarc Advisor product allows for free personal use only Use on multiple computers in a corporate educational military or government installation is prohibited See the license agreement for details The information on this page was created locally on your computer by the Belarc Advisor Your computer profile was not sent to a web server Click here for more info -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- About Belarc System Management Products Your Privacy In page Links Network Map new Software Licenses Software Versions amp Usage new Missing Hotfixes Installed Hotfixes System Security Status CIS Benchmark Score Available only for Windows XP Pro and Virus Protection Last virus scan more than days Bad Performance ago Microsoft Security Updates Up-to-date -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Profile Summary Computer Name Computer in MSHOME Family Computer Profile Date October Advisor Version b Bad Performance Windows Logon Steve Plan for your next computer refresh click for Belarc's System Management products Operating System System Model Windows Bad Performance XP Home Edition Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Kingdom MEDIONPC MS- Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Hyper-threaded total Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space PIONEER DVD RW DVR- CD-ROM drive Generic CF Card CF USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic MS SD Combo MS USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic SM xD Combo SM USB Device Hard drive -- drive WDC WD JD- HBB Hard drive GB -- drive SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'A ' is Empty Slot 'A ' has MB Slot 'A ' is Empty Slot 'A ' has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free e FAT on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Administrator admin Charlotte Frankie Lynda admin Steve admin local system accounts ASPNET never Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account CAPTURE FAX BVRP on NUL Lexmark X Series on USB Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Intel R FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Intel R FB FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - F Primary IDE Channel Controller x Secondary IDE Channel Controller RADEON X Series Secondary Display adapter SAPPHIRE RADEON X SE Display adapter Likom Monitor quot vis January Bus Adapters Multimedia Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - A Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - B Intel R FB FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C C-Media High Definition Audio Device Logitech Microphone Messenger Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top new Group Policies Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition Version Scan Engine Version Virus Definitions Version Rev Last Disk Scan on August Realtime File Scanning On None discovered Communications Other Devices Creatix V Data Fax Modem Net Adapter Belkin g Wireless USB Network Adapter primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address F E C VIA Rhine III ... Read more

A:Bad Performance

I know this might be a generic issue but could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your support

Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-performance-425237.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 release preview and since i upgraded everything has been laggy and unsmooth as windows 7 has been fast and smooth.

could this because its the unofficial OS and Microsoft needs make more compatible to more systems or do i need to get better hardware

A:performance

Try creating a separate partition and dual boot with Windows7, do a fresh install in the separate partition and compare.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9327-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys my name is Robert I have some games that my pc should be able to run Fps/ Low Bad performance no problem pillars of eternity shogun total war however I am getting about - fps I think this is a problem with catalyst control centre ccc because I had a fiddle with these settings and my fps shot up to around - But I made a mistake and reset the settings to default And my fps is back down I have tried to re-create the good framerate by using the same settings I also tried every stting available in ccc but my framerate is stuck at around Plz help me get my framerate back up this is worrying me I will attach my dxdiag and the d game settigns which were getting good fps and I will attach my cpu settings plz plz plz help me some with a lot of experience As my computer is as good as a paper weight with these fps TY nbsp

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

On my rig(should be listed) I get around 35fps on BC2. this seems low for my rig. I think it is a cpu problem. Another issue is on the level where techspot benchmarked MW2 I get 20fps lower than what they got on a res of 1280x1024 opposed to their 1680x1050. In l4d and l4d2 when a horde comes on I drop from around 120fps to 40fps. I think all this is a cpu/ram problem as they are sort of low end compared to my mid range gpu. Another reason I think this is in ANY GAME when I add x16Q antialiasing I get 0fps drop. No drop at all. Is there something I could do to improve this? Would overclocking my cpu help?

A:Low performance on BC2

The E7500 should not be really bottlenecking the GPU. However, you could definitely OC it and check if you get a performance boost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-performance-on-bc2.149359/
Relevancy 27.09%

i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 release preview and since i upgraded everything has been laggy and unsmooth as windows 7 has been fast and smooth.

could this because its the unofficial OS and Microsoft needs make more compatible to more systems or do i need to get better hardware

A:performance

Try creating a separate partition and dual boot with Windows7, do a fresh install in the separate partition and compare.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9327-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

hi I have recently bought a new notebook of hp I use it for entertainment I was having Windows earlier when I bought it The performance of this pc on windows was not so satisfactory help Performance So I downgraded to Windows Then on Windows it oftenly stops responding so I just downgraded to Windows Xp Now I am again going to install Windows Performance help Sp again Can anyone please help me to solve the problem The exact problem is that the laptop just stops responding becomes slow while multitasking etc I am just very disssatisfied from Hp products At home I have a desktop of Dell it works fine But Buyimg the os's costed me more than the price of the poor laptop I bought this latop from snapdeal It came with Windows pre-Installed nbsp After few weeksI downgraded to windows I bought windows Ultimatex key from microsoft Then I again downgraded to Widows xp which I Now I am going to install My windows Ultimate x again Give me Some solution to resolve the issue Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Performance-help/td-p/5634524
Relevancy 27.09%

Our IT department is full of XP machines. We are all running the same Dell Dimension 2350's with XP Pro SP1. All the machines work fine except for two of them. They experience severe speed drops accross the network whether it's getting a liscense for one of our programs or transferring records to a database. The only difference between these two machines and all the others is that they're running FoxPro For Windows 2.6. Has anyone ever heard of a conflict between XP and FPW? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-xp-performance.159642/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Guys and Gals,
Can we increase our GTA SA Performance . My PC is AMD Sempron 1.9 Ghz and 894 MB OF Ram . But GTA is working slow on My PC . . Are there any tricks through which we can Increase the performance . PLZ tell me about that special tricks

A:Gta Sa Performance ?

Just about any speed "tricks" would be with video.
If your using onboard video there isn't much you can do. Lower detail or less draw distance may help.
Make sure you have the newest video and audio drivers.
Also close or disable any background programs. Anything else running will make a game slow down. Such as active anti virus scanners or messengers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gta-sa-performance.709488/
Relevancy 27.09%

We do load testing with Visual Studio Ultimate, and often the NIC can't handle the traffic. Is we order a couple new desktops, are there some kind of high-performance NIC we can add that's better able to handle that kind of unusual scenario where one machine is emulating multiple users and machines?

A:NIC performance

I can only assume that you would need PCIe x1 NICs.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993823
Relevancy 27.09%

I have just purchased a used HP Laptop and need your analyst before I start adding software. The advertised specs:

HP Beats Laptop
64 Bit Windows 8.1
1 TB Hard Drive
8 GB RAM
1.7 Gxtz AMD A8-5545M

When I seen the 1.7 Gxtz, I thought that meant fast processing speed but the little bit that I have used it, it does not seem all that fast.

Please comment

Thank You

A:Performance ?

That HP laptop has an AMD A8-5545M APU 1.70 GHz processor which has AMD Radeon HD 8510G integrated graphics.

If you purchased it used and still containing the "debris" from its previous owner, you should do a factory restore and get a fresh start with it.
Hopefully, its built-in factory restore partition is still intact or you were given a factory restore disc kit for it.

What's the exact product number(P/N) on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance.1171904/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, do you guys recommend any programs that are good Driver Scanners to keep drivers up to date and programs like TuneUp Utilites

Currently i have:

Norton 360 Premium
MalwareBytes
CCleaner
TuneUp Utilities

Mz Vista Force

A:Performance

Malwarebytes is the only program I recommend on that list of tools.

1) Norton is a system hog.

2) CCleaner can cause system issues

3) TuneUP Utilities is a one stop shop for major headaches.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307545/performance/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi

I'm using windows vista home edition in a Presario f500 with 960 RAM and experimenting low speed overall perfomance (internet , etc) . I have a DSL connection . I've use some Piriform cleaner software but no avail , same problem since the beginning . I have to wait a lot everytime when i started my computer and getting frustrated with this vista so i'm thinking to change to linux .
If you can help i'll thank you

mahesh

Increase your system memory to two megs, the go to www.cnet.com and take their free 6 part course on how to speed up Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-performance.655053/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys I ve seen some cool answers in this forum and I have a few questions I couldn Performance help t find any straight answers to Performance help I m hoping one of Performance help you will help me out I m going to upgrade my PC Athlon x Performance help G DDR so I can get decent constant or above fps in TF st question I m going to go for a Core Duo GHz bus E or Core Quad MHz bus Q I m not sure which yet From what I ve read and seen in benchmarks the extra cores doesn t really help the games Thing is most of the time I have Thunderbird Opera Firefox Pidgin Winamp some editors open The Core Quad is more expensive and potentially less powerful for games but would the extra cores help deal with the other apps in my case nd question My RAM is DDR - MHz Is this a bottleneck in my system How could I find out rd question I ve looked at some mobos and there are very few differences between - Besides having the correct bus speed PCI slot RAM frequency is anything else important for performance The only real plus I see for more expensive mobos is the SLI support that I doubt I will ever use I m looking forward to your opinions nbsp

A:Performance help

1: Yes, it will run all those applications better with a quad core, but the 8400 is sufficient. Really I don't think the quad core will make that big of a difference in performance over the 8400. For the 8400's price/performance and because its a bit better for gaming I would go for that.

2: As long as it isn't value RAM it shouldn't be to bad. The speed you will want depends on what speeds the mobo you get supports.

3: You want one that has everything you will need regarding the present and future. These days ( PCI-E slot, AM2 / LGA775 socket, SATA ports, DDR2/DDR3 slots and anything else that meets your needs) which basically come with every mobo nowadays, so you want to take a looks at the chipset and FBS.

This would be a nice one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131225

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-help.104681/
Relevancy 27.09%

Solid-state disks (SSD) are probably some of the most talked-about new gadgets of late.
They easily distinguish themselves from the mechanical hard drives of the Jurassic period because they have no moving parts.

The natural assumption would be that performance should favor the SSD -- BUT DOES IT?

See this Computerworld article

A:SSD vs HD performance?

SSDs are still in their infancy stage, I am quite sure speed will increase over time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-vs-hd-performance.104112/
Relevancy 27.09%

hey ladz having read an earlier post about someone complaining about their geforce ti cant find low gf4 performance VERy help anywhere but u guyz seem know wot u r on about i have got a geforce ti mb and on my HL mods mainly CS my fps is unplayable i am gettin from as low VERy low gf4 performance as up to about - maybe if i look at a wall My comp is out of date p but should still be running more than this wit that gfx card surely my setup seems fine vsync is off have experimented wit my rates to VERy low gf4 performance get a good VERy low gf4 performance setup for my rubbish connection k without it turning my fps down i used to have a TNT and since i got this new gf i have seen not much imporvement Any ideas i dont know how to tweak or overclock but if u have any good links i would be more than thankful plz help as it rlly does suck paying for a gfx card that cant even run HL very well nbsp

A:VERy low gf4 performance

Some thoughts from a hardware perspective.

Take a look at your motherboard manual. There is typically in ASUS manuals a page that discusses which slot shares with other slots or embedded devices. This will help determine where bandwidth may be going.

PCI slots are all bound to each other at the hardware level. So the computer will use ACPI to allocate and assign IRQ's accordingly, but if you have hardware that is highbandwidth or high voltage use on the PCI bus, this could inhibit your performance.

If your computer has 5 PCI slots, counting from the far edge of the board. The slot closest to the AGP is PCI 1 and the furthest is PCI 5. If your comptuer has 3 PCI slots, all slots are bound to embedded devices, running high speed AGP card and having any card plugged into on of the 3 PCI slots will not help. Upgrading the board and the processor would be recommended for power gaming.

Typically Slots 1 and 5 are bound to the AGP slot. Sometimes Slot 1/2 and 5 or 1 and 4/5 are bound to the AGP.

If you have other cards in those slots you may want to move them or pull them and see if your FPS increases.

Be careful though, if you are running Windows XP, pulling the NIC card will result in you having to re-authorize the OS when you reinsert the card into a different slot.

The only other way to guarantee better performance is to re-install the OS in Standard PC HAL (Hit F5 at time of first boot from CD-ROM) and then assign your IRQ's in the BIOS of the MOBO so that no devices share with each other and each have their own IRQ and disable all the ports and embedded devices you don't use. Since ACPI mode in Win XP ignores BIOS IRQ assignments.

Good luck.

Q42

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-low-gf4-performance.8327/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,

I am thinking about changing my cpu from a Intel Core 2 6700 to a Core 2 quad Q6600.

How much more performance would there be - if any ! or should i be looking at a diff cpu to upgrade to ?

Many thanks
Rag

A:How much more performance?

Many thanks for the reply.
The E6700 is not bad at all, the web site shows a slight improvement.
I may have to save up and go for a more powerful cpu !!

Thanks again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-more-performance.100721/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all-

My Graphics component (Desktop Performance for Windows Aero) only reads 4.1. How can I improve this #? And also, my Gaming Graphics (3D business and Gaming Graphics Performance) reads 5.3. The rest are 5.7 and 5.9. Are those #'s OK? I went through the tutorial and it didn't seem to do anything?

GoldiLX

The only real way to improve your scores is to upgrade your graphic card... that being said, WEI is a poor benchmark and a lot of people spend a lot of money chasing higher scores.. If your current setup does what you need, don't worry about WEI scores, enjoy your computer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/134567-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Over time my S3 has been getting worse and worse performance.  Not sure how to diagnose what has caused problem.  Nothing seems to be obvious.  Cleaned up disk.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/S3-performance/td-p/435271/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I d appreciate any help you can give me my computer keeps getting random pop-ups even if i don t have a browser open Also when i m using any media player i can t pop-ups, performance ill keep my videos fullscreen and when i m not doing anything on my PC it makes noises like it s processing something or shredding paper here s my Hijack log Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe pop-ups, ill performance C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files NetAssistant bin mpbtn exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG CA amp Sys DTP amp M GT H R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG CA amp Sys DTP amp M GT H R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run readericon quot C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz e... Read more

A:pop-ups, ill performance

hi, i' m still having the same problems...because i have no idea what to do. i'll take a look at it and try to be more specific about the pop-ups and other stuff wrong with my comp and post some more info. any help or advice would be great. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-ill-performance.767544/
Relevancy 27.09%

I m getting very poor performance from my usb ports it used to work fine when i had XP. Some1 plz help.

A:Help with usb performance

USB Performance will vary considerably with different devices on different systems. Here's a couple of things you should check:

1 - Is the cable a USB 2.0 compliant cable?
2 - Check BIOS settings to ensure that 'Hi Speed/USB 2.0) is enabled.

Let us know if either of those things corrects your problem.

Your motherboard is USB 2.0 compliant, it should work fine and may simply be set to slow speed in your BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/11529-help-usb-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a problem with my dell 7559. His peformance is too bad, i don't know what is the problem. Someone have been reported the same problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19738336
Relevancy 27.09%

hi folks need your help here please look at my system my fps are only aprox 55 when i installed the fx card when i had the ti 4800 se i was at 1 time hitting 80- 90 fps but when i installed an updated driver on card it went down to 55 the same as my new fx card ...shouldnt the fx card be faster ? i cant tell a differnce from the fx and the 4800 se card heres my bois version for mobo

on start up it say 4.1.36c
on the asus update bois info it says v3.41.03
i also notice after installed xp-2800 barton cpu on system info
it says unknown cpu type .. thanks inadvance for your help

A:fps ? performance

Sounds like it could be a monitor refresh rate problem.
What frequency is your monitor running at? With XP and 2000 there are known issues with games running frames per second locked to the monitor refresh rate. I'm not sure if this is now fixed in some way by the latest Detonator drivers from Nvidia as I now have an ATI card and haven't read much about Detonators lately.

Oh and welcome to TechSpot forums :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-performance.5779/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello guys This is my first post in a Performance on Help Max this PC! Out Me long time But straight Help Me Max Out Performance on this PC! to the point i guess You can read the specifications on my Win Forums profile or go here Dell Inspiron - Core Quad Q GHz - Desktops - CNET Archive If that is not the correct site for the specs I've provided on my Win forums profile posting a better or more up to Help Me Max Out Performance on this PC! date one would be appreciated What I need is information on finding upgrades that will be the fastest and the most efficient one i can find including the best brand perfomance and compatibility wise starting with the graphics card and the power supply Basically i want to push this machine to its limits But not close to breaking point So please help with Finding the best Brand Graphics Card Power Supply and type of RAM for maximum performance This Will be a learning experience for me and ya'lls recommondations will most likely be what i go with Then i can let ya'll know how it goes This is all preparation for the first computer i build from the ground up Last time i was on here i got a lot of help Hope to hear from you soon Happy Holidays

A:Help Me Max Out Performance on this PC!

a better psu....300watts will not go far.....I don't know if your Dell case has a special/funky psu or not, or if it can be modified to take a standard atx psu

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/133192-help-me-max-out-performance-pc.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hallo there,My hp laptop has i5 cpu and it was running with 60% 5 mins after opening it cause of heat and backround programms. i watched some videos about it and it says to 'set affinity' of some high process programms to run with 1 or 2 or 3 cores. After testing this to my laptop my cpu performance went to 40% and lower indeed, so it worked. Would this harm my laptop in the future?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/CPU-performance/td-p/5790369
Relevancy 27.09%

Short version My old laptop Performance really odd years old full of junk slow runs a minecraft game on about fps With the exact same video settings and environment my brand Performance really odd new top-of-the-range quad core Samsung laptop runs it with about fps I've spoken to a few friends and they can't understand why it is so underperforming when the guys in PCWorld said it'd be great for gaming Long version I used to have and still have sitting on my desk a HP G laptop running Windows bit I bought a brand new Samsung Series laptop running Windows bit days ago The HP has a Dual-Core AMD Athlon II P The Samsung has a Quad-Core AMD A M The HP is full of crap and has always run slowly the samsung is brand new and has core processor so anyone would say that it would most certainly run faster While general performance is a bit faster it's not great and simple Minecraft is where it can be measured The HP gets ish fps The Samsung gets about fps I don't understand why it would be doing this as the settings on both are exactly the same Also general performance on the Samsung isn't the greatest or what i would have expected from a quadcore laptop that's meant to be good at performance Any suggestions or ideas Thanks James

A:Performance really odd

Is it possible you have dual graphics? I mean an Intel HD card and a Nvidia/AMD card...
otherwise try to check performance when on power.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16141-performance-really-odd.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Pentium ghz GB of DDRAM GA- EXP Mobo Latest Bios GeForce Ti drivers xS AA Ansio Disabled Vsync off I seem to get a lot of tearing when I play d games When I turn vsync back on there s no more tearing but frames per seconds is capped Ansio doesn t do much either It doesn Low GF4 Performance t make the tearing go away I have xS because I Low GF4 Performance want maximum antialiasing The tearing only happens when you view textures far away such as landscape or far away houses I want to max out my GeForce Ti plz help Any suggestions My refresh rate is set at hz I asked my friends they said that since I have vsync off my refresh rate at and I m getting fps that ll cause tearing so does this mean that if I set my refresh rate higher even if vsync Low GF4 Performance is off i won t get as much tearing Also my aperture size is set at MB I have noticed a major difference in smoothness from fps and fps All my older video cards had vsync off and getting around fps also but it showed no tearing My friend has a TNT getting around fps vsync off and no tearing too Any utilities to check if I have my AGP at X and etc other stuff that I should make sure be checked nbsp

A:Low GF4 Performance

I downloaded the GeForce Tweak Utility and it says AGP Transfer Rate is "auto". Does this mean it's automatically on 4X or what?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-gf4-performance.2165/
Relevancy 27.09%

Is it feasible to believe that the 500W thermaltake I just installed in place of my stock HP 300W hipro made a HUGE different in performance? Everything seems so much smoother now and more operable. I had about 8 USB devices along with a XFX 7900GS Nvidia card running and 3 sticks of 1GB ram. With of course a SATA HD and DVDRW.

I now have the 6 pin connector I needed for my GFX card though. I'm anxious to play a game

A:Better PSU = better performance?

I wouldnt doubt that it would, 300 watts for what you have is pretty low.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/better-psu-better-performance.120638/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm looking for something along the lines of Uniblue SpeedupmyPC 2009.

The problem is that isn't compatible with 64bit. I don't care about spending money on it or whether its a free program. I'd like a full program, not a trial program.

I really love Uniblue, but when I went to 64 bit, it didn't work. So any help would be appreciated!

Hello Kavoc,

You might give the items listed here a try for free.

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/203334-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok, as you can see from the hardware my computer has (see the thing beside my profile name) I should be able to run any modern game maxed out, or so I should think so because I surpass the recommended requirements by a long shot. However, in Crysis I can barely run on High and on Fallout 3 I also have been having lag problems in the DLC. This also happens in Empire Total War, I have to run it on high. I don't understand what's going on. I thought it could be my graphics card because I had problems updating the drivers via CCC, but I removed CCC and got Driver Robot which says I'm fully updated. What is going on? Could this be because I run my games on 1400*900 resolution? I suspect Vista as a primary culprit in this mess, but I'm not sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-hit.841615/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have GTA SA installed. Worked fine on my 3700+ s939 cpu. I upgraded to an AMD x2 4600+ and now it runs so so so slow. Also now using a widescreen monitor with high visual quality settings.

Relevancy 27.09%

im about to buy a brand new video card i have run into cards such as the Chaintech GeForce FX 5700 LE and the XFX GeForce FX 5700 LE i know they both looked the same but wats the difference...?

you can check them out at
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=716809&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1115444&Sku=C460-7018

or if u know any good video card that i should buy plez tell me

A:Which one has better performance??

The only difference is that they're made by different companies...both will probably perform the same, so get the cheaper one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-one-has-better-performance.325034/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a HP Pavilion Desktop- model XL844 w/850 MHz AMD Athlon. Spec. sheet says it has an ASUS mobo and everything's stock (as purchased). I want to add some RAM, but need your advise on brand, type, etc. as I have no clue. Spec sheet says it'll hold 512 (2x256 MB DIMMs)... it has two DIMM sockets. It also says under "Type Supported": SDRAM, 133 MHz, Intel PD SDRAM unbuffered DIMM specification, revision 1.0 compliant---Don't know what all that means, but from it, can you guys advise me on what to buy, how much, and where? Does brand matter as far as performance? Does it only say it'll hold 512 because 256 sticks were most common and in actuality, I could put in 2- 512's?

Okay, you guys can see where I'm going.... what specifically should I use to give me the most speed/performance? Many Thanks in advance for your input!

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys my name is Robert. Here is the problem. I have a game called pillars of eternity. I opened the game and I was getting around 11-15fps!.

I tried updating my drivers: (gpu,chipset,usb,sound, etc) Nothing helped.

I was fiddling around with catalyst control centre the default software that comes with amd drivers. And I did something in there and my fps shot up from 11-15 to 70-120. ! Needless to say I was stoked.

However I made the foolish mistake of resetting the settings. Now my fps is back down to 11-15 and I have tried everything it get it back up. I took a screenshot of my 3d application settings when I was getting good fps. I re entered those and my fps is still at 11-15! I honestly dnt know what to do to fix this as I have tried all the settings in ccc and I cant get my fps back up

A:Low FPS/ Bad Performance

According to you system spec you filled out on the forum here, you are using a laptop. Is this correct? Because the rest of the specs suggest a tower of some kind.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/123808-low-fps-bad-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have done serviced my HP notebook 1 month ago and about 10-15 days after  service my pc got some issuses. It shut down  completely about 20 minutes after unplugging the charger and won't start untill you plug in charger and also somewhat PC performance goes down somewhat.Sometime PC screen goes blank, but it happened only few time. First i thought it's battery problem but then i went to a shop and found out that battery is working fine. I don't know what is issue with my PC. Help PLEASE. And thanks in  advance.  Laptop specificationsHP NOTEBOOK-15 abo32txwindows 1064 bit 8 GB RAM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/About-performance-of-my-pc/td-p/5831105
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Forum,

The following notifications are constantly appearing in the above sometimes just warnings at other times "critical" or "error". Some advice please :-

Standby duration : 6828 rms
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Peter/Documents/Log.JPG[/IMG]

A:Performance Log.

Originally Posted by BluePeter

Hi Forum,

The following notifications are constantly appearing in the above sometimes just warnings at other times "critical" or "error". Some advice please :-

Standby duration : 6828 rms
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Peter/Documents/Log.JPG[/IMG]

Hi BluePeter,

Your attachment or image isn't displaying.

This is the preferred method to upload screenshots or attachments,

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

It's from seven forums but is the same here.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288433-performance-log.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all i have just switched my computer from an intel p3 1ghz with 512 sd ram, geforce 3ti200, to an amd 2200+ 1800mhz with 512 pc3200 ddrram and a geforce fx 5600 256mb and i dont notice much of a difference and also i get really low frames per second on alot of games and i have a lot of slow loading times on other programs or even just opening my computer.
does anyone have any idea what i can do to improve this or if this is normal to be happening ...

Games: postal 2 runs at 6-20 fps average

Relevancy 27.09%

Another thread in one of the TSG forums gave me the idea for this Other than virus spyware scans and adding more memory what have you found to increase system performance on windows and XP systems I have found a couple of things to provide a temporary fix but unfortunately I don t know enough about the OSs to tell you why these fixes work Some of the things that have worked for me Get rid of seldom used programs This is easy enough to do through the quot add remove programs quot menu Defrag clean out temp files and do just about everything else you find in Start - gt Programs or All Programs - gt Accessories - gt System tools Reset some of the services on your machine to a startup type of quot manual quot rather than Automatic Do this by going to Start - gt Run - gt services msc Be carefull what you change Google it first You can reset some of the TSRs by going to the program itself and setting some flags in the application rather than in serices msc A couple of examples are Outlook and Messenger You can reset both of these applications to not start automatically for a barely noticable gain in PC Performance performance Before making changes you PC Performance are unsure of be sure to google or post to the forum for advice Also it s always a good idea to have a current backup of your system state as well as any data you have on your HD Please reply to this thread with other tips and tricks you ve found nbsp

A:PC Performance

Hi..Resist d/loading programs you know you will never use..keep it clean..keep it simple..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-performance.416715/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello All!

I think the above caption says quite a lot....I have a machine that used to perform off the charts as far as I was concerned....But then I loaded on Windows XP Service Pack 2....Internet Explorer 7.0....Windows Media Player 11 and the Vista Transformation Pack Ver. 7.0....Since I loaded up all these things yesterday...My PC takes about 4 1/2 Minutes to Boot UP!!! I work in a fast paced environment so I surely cannot afford to have this last much longer....But I would love to keep the eye-candy .....I have a 120 GB HDD with nothing much on it....a little more than 24 GB Used....I'm running Norton Anti-Virus 2007 and MSN & Yahoo Messengers.....That's about it that's boots up for my programs....Is there anything I can do to beef up the performance? Please Help! Any Programs that can help?? Anything?? ANYTHING????

Relevancy 27.09%

Hello, I'm CrazyKilla

I have a GTX 780 ti and from most of the things I hear "there's nothing out there such high end cards cannot run".
Sadly not true for me, I bought a EVGA gtx 780 ti superclocked and I've been playing many games.
Skyrim: Very High textures with an ENB and ugridstoload is set to 7, I constantly get 0.2 second freezes when I look around a lot, running from area to area begins to lag a bit because cells are being loaded.
Assassin's creed IV: I can't even play on medium settings unless I turn off v-sync and set to adaptive in nvidia control panel.
BF4: Ultra settings, 140% resolution scale, 70+ fps.
Total War rome II: very-high/ultra settings, drops to like 30fps when I look at armies.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Also did I just screw myself over when the 800 series is about to come out?

A:Is this the best gpu performance?

Honestly, Windows is nice. Things work well. Sometimes (it doesn't happen to me - again, stressing being honest that's all) things are not so good and it's something you will have an epiphany about down the road.

All I'm saying is that it isn't easy if at times to get a system perfect. You gotta know everything about everything to make it happen. Lesser mortals can often achieve success too.

That's my friendly message of the day. Meant in kindness.

No, I do not follow any religion. lol (Comedy is not my best face.)

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/41087-best-gpu-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

My computer performance is Help-Performance Bad Please has been getting worse and worse and I am not sure what the cause is I assume Please Help-Performance is Bad I have a virus or Please Help-Performance is Bad malware I did notice I have a lot of quot junk quot on my hard drive not sure how that happened Anyway I am following your instructions and posting the appropriate logs hoping you can help DDS txt attach txt ark txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dan at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition On-access scanning enabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW Sunbelt Personal Firewall enabled BFD F - BF - E - - CA C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe C Program Files Fisher-Price DACS MiniApp DACSMiniApp exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Dan Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp www sportsline com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults ... Read more

A:Please Help-Performance is Bad

Hello -

I don't see anything in those logs which suggest malware is the cause of the performance issues.

Quote:

==== Disk Partitions =========================

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 52 GiB total, 4.317 GiB free.

Windows XP performs better with 15% free space on the disk. From the attach.txt it would appear you're well below that threshold. I'd suggest moving some data, such as videos or pictures if applicable, to another storage medium, such as CD-R/DVD-R, or external USB hard drive. Uninstall any unused applications, if you're certain of them.

MS Office 2007 seems more resource hungry than it's predecessors. I can verify this, as I've just recently installed it.

Additionally,

If your system seems sluggish, it could be due to low RAM:

Quote:

These numbers indicate total physical/total available memory. Windows XP will run fine with 512, but as more applications get installed and updated, 512 becomes the minimum needed. 1GB RAM is better, or whatever maximum your machine's motherboard will support.

Please read the following article: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174...ow-247567.html

You can visit Crucial where you can either input your model number or download a small application that will tell you exactly the type of RAM you need, and how much your motherboard will support.

====================

Other items you can take care of...

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start ->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs)

Kaspersky Online Scanner

It's outdated at this time, and is only taking up space.

My Way Search Assistant

Considers as spyware,uninstall it. See this link:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/unin...Assistant.html

Outdated Java

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs)

Java(TM) 6 Update 4
Java(TM) 6 Update 5

These are all outdated, and security risks by having them installed still. Unfortunately, Java does not uninstall these older versions when you update, nor tell you that you should. Java(TM) 6 Update 13 can be updated from the Java control panel Start > Control Panel (Classic View) > Java (looks like a coffee cup) > Update Tab > Update Now. An update should begin; follow the prompts.

Going forward, Java will overwrite existing installs, so removing older versions should not be required after this.

Once the install is complete....

Go into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
Next, click on the Delete Files button
There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH CheckedApplications and Applets
Trace and Log Files

Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5

Outdated, unsupported. Using system resources. I'd suggest uninstalling it, and replacing it with an on-demand scanner such as Malwarebytes' Antimalware.

Ad-Aware 2007

A bit resource hungry, effective, but also outdated. Update to most current version, or uninstall. I would suggest an uninstall to see about system performance.

Viewpoint Media Player

I see that a Viewpoint product is installed. Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, Viewpoint Media Player and Viewpoint Toolbar are Viewpoint components which are installed as a side effect of installing other software, most notably AOL and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM). Viewpoint Manager is responsible for managing and updating Viewpoint Media Player?s components. You can disable this using the Viewpoint Manager Control Panel found in the Windows Control Panel menu. By selecting Disable auto-updating for the Viewpoint Manager -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/please-help-performance-is-bad-431769.html
Relevancy 27.09%

ok well whenever I start aol wor watever an go to cpu usage ( im usin windows xp).. the cpu usage is always 70% to 98% alllt he time up an down..when I go to processes it shows waol uses 60to 80.. this causes alot of other programs to run bad. ( like making games run choppy ).I also noticed that my cpu has been kinda slow lately, like when I click internet explorer or a folder or a file to open.. it takes along time , ( like it freezes for a minute then starts loading).. i have noticed also while loadin other programs or workign other things when it freezes I cant even type anything or click other things.. I could just move the mouse.. I think it might be because of the cpu update for winxp I downloaded the other day but im not sure.. do you guys know how I can fix this ?.. thanks oh an im using a 2100xp processor

Relevancy 27.09%

my pc is very slow in the last few days dunno why dont know about hijackthis much but i wonder if u could help me figure it out gt here's my port take a look Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Pc Performance C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS services exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system GSICON EXE C WINDOWS system dslagent exe C Program Files Miranda Lite miranda Pc Performance exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system fservice exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run Pc Performance nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS Pc Performance system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft explorer exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite quot C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run GSICONEXE GSICON EXE O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE quot dslagent exe quot USB O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft explorer exe O - HKCU Run Window Washer C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run XPRepairPro C Program Files XP Repair Pro XPRepairPro exe r O - HKCU RunOnce ICQ Lite C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe -trayboot O - HKCU RunOnce Index Washer C Program Files Webroot Washer WashIdx exe quot quot O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C B - - C -A C - A DB C C NameServer O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe O - Service NOD Kernel Service NOD krn - Eset - C Program Files Eset nod krn exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service Windows Live Setup Service WLSetupSvc - Unknown owner - C Program Files Windows Live installer WLSetupSvc exe O - Service Washer AutoComplete wwSecSvc - Webroot Software Inc - C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe

A:Pc Performance

I would like to take a look at this log for you and will get back to you as soon as I can

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104265/pc-performance/
Relevancy 27.09%

Curiosity finally got me and I purchased a new 120GB Kingston SV300s SSD. I set ACHI in BIOS and did a fresh install of my Windows 7 OS and let Windows handle partitions, trim, alignment etc. Latest Firmware.
Ran the As SDD Benchmark Test (see attached JPG) and am not too impressed. Seems way short of other Benchmark Test posted on our forum. Notice some difference from old spinner but no WOW Factor.

Running Win 7 64 Bit with 2gb ram.
Oh well can't complain about the price. $74. bucks from Tiger Direct.

Any thoughts
Cheers
JohnnyA

A:SSD Bad Performance?

Quote: Originally Posted by johnnya

Curiosity finally got me and I purchased a new 120GB Kingston SV300s SSD. I set ACHI in BIOS and did a fresh install of my Windows 7 OS and let Windows handle partitions, trim, alignment etc. Latest Firmware.
Ran the As SDD Benchmark Test (see attached JPG) and am not too impressed. Seems way short of other Benchmark Test posted on our forum. Notice some difference from old spinner but no WOW Factor.

Running Win 7 64 Bit with 2gb ram.
Oh well can't complain about the price. $74. bucks from Tiger Direct.

Any thoughts
Cheers
JohnnyA

I haven't run any benchmarks, but the SSD in my laptop only shows a noticeable difference when I cold boot; I purchased a Crucial M500 Series 120GB SATA 6.0Gb (SSD) with Marvell Controller. The daily performance appears the same as a spinning disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326413-ssd-bad-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

How do I remove Performance LLC flashing ikon from start up/? I use Windows 7.

A:Performance LLC

Hi see the info here How to use MSCONFIG in Windows 7: NetSquirrel.com what did you install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/performance-llc-668738.html
Relevancy 27.09%

A AMD athlon 64 3500+ in perfomance terms is equivilant to which processor in the intel pentium range?

Relevancy 27.09%

In regards to getting the best performance from ram, would it be better to install 2 pieces of 512MB DDR 3200 or a single stick 1GB DDR 3200? Why?

Thanks in advance,
Timone

A:Ram Performance

Generally two smaller sticks are better for performance then one large one. The biggest reason, and only if your motherboard supports it, is something called Dual Channel. With Dual Channel two identical sticks are treated as a single 128 bit path instead of a 64 bit path. Another reason is latencies, usually with larger capacity modules the latency increases. So for example you may get a 256MB stick with CL2 and a 1GB stick with CL3, with 3 being longer then 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-performance.429598/
Relevancy 27.09%

halo all...
is there a significant difference between 768mb pc2100 and 512mb pc3200?

system is win xp sp2 with p4 2Ghz used mainly for office apps, lotsa web surfing, music and videos (viewing, no editing). general stuff... no heavy 3d gaming. does the ram speed make a big difference?

any help welcomed...

Relevancy 27.09%

Ok guys I have a USB 3 USB Bad performance hub Sabrent port not powered and a USB flash drive When I plug in the flash drive straight into the PC Asrock z Pro mobo it works great mb write and - read When I plug it into the hub Hub plugged into Bad USB 3 performance the same spot the drive was things look great but then all Bad USB 3 performance of a sudden the speeds will drop down to zero for a few seconds sometime much longer This happens much more often with writing to the flash drive than reading but it happens regardless Same thing happens on a totally different pc Lenovo y p laptop - also running win But if I plug it into a Windows PC with USB no issues Great speeds consistently all day long Caching is disabled just so you know I've also tried replacing the hub the new same model hub has the same issue - leading me to believe that this is a Windows USB driver issue Help please This is infuriating

A:Bad USB 3 performance

Na sounds like your just not getting enough power to the hub. Each of your USB 3.0 ports supply 500m/amps your 4 port hub is splitting that if you can get a power adapter it will most likely work. I personal use Anker 4 port hub with no issues.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/66260-bad-usb-3-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello,

Say I have an outdated video card and my computer has 256mb ram
I play 3d games and i get bad fps
If i connect 256 more ram without replacing the card would i hope to get more fps out? or just more smooth gameplay?

Also,

I am planning to get this ram from an unused computer along with a 20gb hd, would there be anything else i can salvage from a spare computer to make my one faster?
(i cant add video card memory cant i?)

And if i dont know how to do this, could someone give me a link to a website which could explain how to?

Relevancy 27.09%

If three partition created..

1.main drive C: -install Windows XP - total C drive space: 3GB enough?
2.partition drive D:- contain application, software and page file...
3.partition drive E:- contain data files...

Can i setup my XP like above ? I wonder XP can install in a 3GB drive enough or not (I decide to not install application in XP drive becos I afraid that will affect the performance slow)? But Normally I heard that partition drive should not less than 5GB or more...I wonder my setup will improve the performance? Any opinions? Give some comments.... pls?

A:Asking about XP performance

Yes, XP could be set up to the above spec. It should run ok. Just out of intrest, how big is this hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asking-about-xp-performance-164414.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok my computer has developed a bad fault which has been driving me MAD So heres the specs AMD FX- gig ram MSI R TB Sata drive Traktor audio antec earthwatts EA -D This PC has been running for the past years with no issue that is until it started acting up recently The problem occurs in bf and extends to the windows desktop I can play bf with no issue for about minutes before the cpu fan im pretty certain throttles down and there is a high pitch scream which I cant figure out if its coming from the PC or Please! performance Bad - PSU/GPU? Help the speakers Bf will give me about fps whilst this occurs wont recover and I'll quit back to windows and the PC will recover after about minutes It will be generally sluggish in windows browsing etc It tends to hang for a split second when closing windows and saving documents etc It NEVER crashes just performs badly I replaced a hard drive as it was Bad performance - PSU/GPU? Help Please! on the way out and I thought this could be the problem Although this helped the running of the PC generally it hasn't fixed my Bf woes and there is a noticeable lack of performance in windows since this sound problem has occurred I have put the PC under load in windows using prime and it throttles down screams and really struggles like bf I have tried to monitor whats going on under load and idle etc with HWMonitor and the likes but alots of the readings are wrong I'm no expert but after reading similar threads people suggest psu gfx Can anyone help me to get to the bottom of this its driving me mad

A:Bad performance - PSU/GPU? Help Please!

This is my guess for the fault you say:
1. Check for malware/virus/worm/adware. This is one of the big problems.
2. Check for CPU/GPU is been overheated. Overheated CPU/GPU may cause the computer to run slow and laggy.
3. Free space in the HDD/SSD (Hard Disk Drives/Soild State Drive). Delete all your junk files, uninstall all the the program that you don't use every week/day.
4. Motherboard problems.
5. Graphic/Sound card conflict/problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554048/bad-performance-psugpu-help-please/
Relevancy 27.09%

Since I reinstalled world of warcraft, I've been receiving the attached message. Given my specs I don't see why this is happening. My performance under task manager seems ok, so I'm not sure what gives?

I'd appreciate any input
Thx

Relevancy 27.09%

Hello,
I have 2 questions that I need answers:

1)If I have 3.00 Ghz processor, and 4GB of RAM, 32-bit or 64-bit will have a better performance? And if I upgrade my RAM to 8GB, will it boost performance of my 64-bit system a lot? What is the recommended RAM for 64-bit system for best performance if I don't play any games?

2)My Windows Experience Index score is always low because of "gaming graphics" score which is 3.2 (lowest), anyway to boost the score to become high (more than 5.0) without changing my video card (I am still thinking to change or not)?

Thank!

A:32 bit vs 64 bit performance with same RAM

With 64 bit. Windows alone will occupy around 3GB of RAM so that will leave 1GB available for anything else. Any application that you run will first be loaded into RAM then run. So the answer is 8GB would be ideal.I would not worry about the WEI if you are not playing any game

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64954-32-bit-vs-64-bit-performance-same-ram.html
Relevancy 27.09%

How do I get more performance on my PC. I've the following set:

- Windows 2000 OS
- AMD Athlon 2200+
- ATI Radeon 9600 128MB
- 768MB SDRAM
- Maxtor Diamondmax 160GB

I'd like to play MOHAA, CoD and Blitzkrieg etc. games more smoothly.

Can anybody help me, please?

A:Need more performance!

You could upgrade your graphics card as a start.
Here you can compare some common graphics cards, you probably will need an agp graphics card, not the newer pci-e cards.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/2004-27gpu2_2.html

A faster cpu and faster ram(if yours is sdram, not ddr) would also help, but would likely require you to buy a new motherbaord as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-more-performance.26860/
Relevancy 27.09%

I would like to know why Cpu performance is so much better in W7 than W8 or 8.1

A:Cpu performance

Originally Posted by usmc362

I would like to know why Cpu performance is so much better in W7 than W8 or 8.1

Where did you get the idea that it was?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45833-cpu-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I just installed a fresh SSD on my laptop - Samsung GB I have set the BIOS to AHCI mode it was by default and I've disabled System Restore which I hear causes problems with TRIM to performance SSD - New bad run properly I've used the software from Samsung to quot optimize quot the disk performance also I checked with CMD and it says TRIM is ON The problem is that when I run AS SDD benchmark I get two times lower or even more results than what other reviews show and what Samsung give as specifications Same results I get with Samsung's software benchmark - Samsung Magician The drivers for the laptop should be fine It's a fresh Windows installation but I noticed that the Defragment schedule wasn't turned off bu default I hear Windows should detect that it's installing on an SSD and it should set some things like defrag schedule the proper way I haven't done any manual alignment because as far as I know it isn't needed when you make a fresh Windows installation I have also updated to the latest firmware Any help on this would be great I'll post the benchmark results of some program if you want

A:New SSD - bad performance

Try installing the intel drivers. They seem to help the speed of SSD drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/196293-new-ssd-bad-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys!

So I run 2 OCZ Vertex 4 128gb SSD's.

Now I am completely aware that you are not supposed to defrag SSD's and I haven't so no worries there.

I was just wondering if there is anything I can possibly do to keep them up in performance and maintenance.

Thanks!

Sowig

A:What should I do to keep my SSD in top performance.

Just keep them as empty as possible

I put a backup install on my OCZ Vertex 4 and put it back in the box for safe keeping
I use the Intel Toolbox on my 530, see if OCZ has something similar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/319378-what-should-i-do-keep-my-ssd-top-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

In the performance and info tools of win/7 I rated my PC. The rating showed that my PC was held back by the HD transfer rate. After I changed my HD to a much faster one that I actually observed, but the rating of the PC remained the same showing that the HD was still holding back the PC. The rating of the HD had not changed after the installation of the faster HD.
Any explanation?
Thanks,
YannisG

A:HD performance

DMA speed from external devices directly into memory. This should be your BUSS speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-performance.170281/
Relevancy 27.09%

I just really wanted know if there is anyone with a 7900 varient single or in SLI that can post their performance test results from F.E.A.R at max settings with the highest resolution possible.

I just really want to see how much my other componants are bottlenecking my 8800GTX. And if there is much of a differnce between a 7900 series card/s and the performance I am getting.

Please list what type of CPU and such you are using also

The attached pics shows my performance at 1680x1050 with everything else maxed out.

Thanks in advance.

A:F.E.A.R Performance ?

That's pretty good Jim!
If I wasnt on my Laptop I would load up F.E.A.R and show you my test results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/f-e-a-r-performance.65653/
Relevancy 27.09%

Is there a soft or something that could show me what's the difference of performance for a system with a GeForce 8600GT Bliss , 256 MB and with a 8800 GT , 512MB?

A:GPU performance

You would get at least double the performance with a 8800GT compared to a 8600GT.

Have a look at this chart for some detailed info.

Charts, benchmarks Gaming Graphics Charts Q1/2008, 3DMark06 (v1.0.2) HDR/SM3.0 Score

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/9885-gpu-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all I'm a noobie at this but I'd like some1 who knows about Hijack This, to have a look at these log and startup files, and tell me what changes I need to do to improve pc performance. Thx

A:Pc Performance

and welcome to the Forum

Suggest you click the Spyware Cleaning link in my signature and follow the steps there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-performance-312231.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello Guys.. I's using HP Mini Netbook.
I just wanna ask you that is my Netbook ok in performance?

Regards
Ben

A:My RAM Performance

You have too many things loaded on startup. Type "msconfig" in start menu and click it. Disable what is not needed on startup in that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/189455-my-ram-performance.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I bought avg performance,registered it activated,downloaded and installed it.But when I go to use it,it says I need another password and the password hint is (In jesus you will find what) I typed everything I could think of can anybody help or is it a scam? any help would really be appreciated.... ,

A:AVG Performance

I have never heard of anything like this. Did you buy AVG performance? If you did contact AVG.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612463/avg-performance/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,

I am a bit of a noob and I am looking for some help with understanding whether or not I have my system configured for optimal performance of my SSD drive. The performance I am currently getting seems quite low.

Below are what I understand to be the relevant components involved:

Drive: Corsair Force 3
MoBo: ASUS P6TD DELUXE
Sata Controller: SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express SATA Controller Card (PEXSAT32)

I have attached a screenshot of the performance I am getting. I am not convinced that the the SataIII controller is providing the throughput that is to be expected, but I am not sure how to evaluate its performance.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be highly appreciated

A:SSD Performance

It's doing twice as good as mine I do have lots of stuff running but my score was 200 and your doing double than that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/180740-ssd-performance.html
Relevancy 26.66%

There is nothing o bvously wrong on PC Decreased Performance the PC but I have noticed some recent decerases in performance particularly when browsing Can you please suggest what I can remove Decreased PC Performance to get rid of any nasties and also get the PC running more quickly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Decreased PC Performance WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE C WINDOWS System VTTimer exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www oceaniax net O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - Global Startup Image Transfer lnk O - Global Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DA AC - C- B - A- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DA AC - C- B - A- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DA AC - C- B - A- C C NameServer O - Pro... Read more

A:Decreased PC Performance

I have discovered that if I enter an invalid URL into my browser that I am presented with an unwanted search website (ninemsn). How can I remove this ?

Thanks
Genith

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/decreased-pc-performance-95798.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi is there any reason why i cant to a performance rating any one come across this ??

A:performance rating ??

Another 2 screen shots if it helps to determain the cause

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/284399-performance-rating.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I was wondering if computer performance varies through the use of different operating systems? For example, will my computer run faster on XP home, or 7? Using the same hardware, drivers, settings, etc. Or does it depend on other factors, or no significant differences at all? Or simply, what's the deal with this?

Thank you.

A:Computer performance using different OS's

The short answer is, it depends. An application that runs on Windows XP should run just the same on Windows 7. The determining factor for speed largely has to do with hardware. Since there are an infinite number of combinations of hardware, your question is sort of null. Windows 7 deals with file systems, memory, and hardware differently than Win XP, but different does not necessarily mean faster.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274074/computer-performance-using-different-oss/
Relevancy 26.66%

My stepdaughter has a one-year-old Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista and the thing is painfully slow I did a little research before posting this Her computer sat for several months with a discharged battery I Performance Poor bought a new charger got the thing running loaded the upgrades I Poor Performance did what I could to reduce the processes in the tray so that the system is not being asked to do any more than reasonable menial tasks Granted it only has meg RAM but this is the minimum requirement It's the quot Basic User Poor Performance quot version of Vista the machine was bought a couple of years ago and I was a little surprised it didn't have one gig But I'm sure that Toshiba didn't intend for the machine to be this slow Let's say Internet Explorer version is running and you click on anything else it just sits there for several minutes before displaying a hollow screen which takes more minutes to fill in It says this is a dual core Pentium running at a little under MHz I ran the quot System Resources quot or something utility that's available from the task monitor something new not in XP which shows the system RAM to be around utilized It seems like it's thrashing but why I am new with Vista but comparing this system to my wife's five or six-year-old Compaq running XP with a similar clock speed the same amount of RAM and a single core processor she can run circles around her daughter Is this typical I feel like the answer's going to be a resounding quot put some memory in the thing quot and I will if this will solve the problem I can't help wondering how XP would run on this same box but that ain't gonna happen Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks P

A:Poor Performance

Vista works better with more then 2Gigs of RAM, so I would upgrade. 512Megs was fine a decade ago, but not any more.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309637/poor-performance/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I'm thinking about which OS should I install on this computer to get Which have computer? would best the this on OS performance the best performance possible Currently there's no budget to upgrade it It'd require a major upgrade including motherboard CPU RAM etc I own a Windows XP and Windows license so these are Which OS would have the best performance on this computer? what I can choose from I know XP is outdated I Personally I prefer Windows I'm running it on my other computer on this computer the performance is just not decent It's generally slow even though I do regular maintenance on it Defrag junk cleaning etc I'm very careful about registry cleaning though as it could done some damage so I don't do that So the question is Which OS is better for this computer XP or Should I install XP or should I try to further optimize Windows to run better on this computer If so how System details Motherboard Asus M V CPU AMD Athlon Single core original Athlon series RAM GB DDR GPU NVIDIA GT HDD GB SATA Thanks

A:Which OS would have the best performance on this computer?

Should I install XP or should I try to further optimize Windows 7 to run better on this computer? If so how?

I would suggest win 7 on a ssd, though someone with more knowledge would have to confirm the upgrade to that system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/284271-os-would-have-best-performance-computer.html