Windows Support Forum

How to assign hotmail as default mail instead of WinLive?

Q: How to assign hotmail as default mail instead of WinLive?

I have found the methods to uninstall and remove Windows Live Mail, but I want to ensure my Hotmail becomes the default email app.

I have tried to assign mail to Hotmail, but the only option is WLM.

My problem is clicking an email link and WLM automatically opens. [eventually]

I want my Hotmail to open, but have never figured out how.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to assign hotmail as default mail instead of WinLive?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to assign hotmail as default mail instead of WinLive?

This might affect email adresses as well, give it a shot:
How to Create an Association for Email | eHow.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/177493-how-assign-hotmail-default-mail-instead-winlive.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have 20 emails that appear to be stuck in the Outbox which I would like to permanently delete, but thre is no remove or delete Tab or option that I can see. Your help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.
I am running WIndows 8 Pro.

Durl Grant

A:Mail Stuck in WinLive.com Outbox. How to remove or delete?

Open Windows Explorer.
Open :C:Users\(Your Login)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail.
You will find your Outbox there and can delete.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/13850-mail-stuck-winlive-com-outbox-how-remove-delete.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have IE8, Windows Vista and Windows Mail, which shows as my default mail and only email address.
I would like to have my Hotmail address as my default mail, but Windows Mail will not allow me to add Hotmail. Wizard error says it does not support HTTP and I cannot see anywhere under Hotmail options/more options where it allows me to change any type of connections to POP3.
I read it can be done in G-Mail, but unfortunately I have Hotmail.

Is downloading "Windows Live" and uninstalling my "Windows Mail" a solution?
I have all my mail forwarded to Hotmail, so I wouldn't lose saved messages.
Thanks for any help.

A:Change default mail address to Hotmail

You don't need to (nor would it be would it be wise) to remove windows mail, just stop using it. If you use Windows Live mail which you can download from Essentials - Windows Live you will be able to setup your hotmail account straight away once it is installed.

If you have any questions just ask.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/274083-change-default-mail-address-hotmail.html
Relevancy 70.52%

How do I add my Hotmail account as the default mail account on Windows Outlook 2000.
I have scanned Windows support and all I can find is the download for the MSN.com browser which really defeats the purpose for what I have been looking for.
Does anyone know if there is a patch or add in?
Is there a simple way to convert outlook to support HTTP like outlook express can?
I look forward to your thoughts.
Cheers for now, Stew.

A:Making Hotmail your default Mail on Outlook 2000

Hi Stew

I had the same setup for my Yahoo email until they started charging for the service

You need to add your hotmail account as a POP 3 account.

I havent done it for a bit so I'm a bit rusty. A quick Google search found me this useful link (pics too):

http://pop3.reference.directnic.com/outlook2000.html

The only fairly tricky part I remember was when you get to the pop and smtp part. I think it should be pop.hotmail.com and smtp.hotmail.com but I can't be sure! I'm sure someone else will know for sure.

Remember,all messages are pulled down from hotmail into Outlook so if you login on the web your inbox will be empty.

Good luck and I hope that link explains it all.

Regards

Pileyrei

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-hotmail-your-default-mail-on-outlook-2000.234885/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have read numerous posts on this and none have worked for me. I tried downloading the program registering hotmail as default from winhelponline but it says it only works for Vista. I tried to set it as a default program in Windows 7, but it was not listed as an option. So I am stuck. Can this be done and if so, please advise. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:How do I make Hotmail(mail.live.com)default email in Windows 7 64-bit

Hi Teddy Terrific, you need to install Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Essentials - Download free Microsoft programs

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207928-how-do-i-make-hotmail-mail-live-com-default-email-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Everytime when i type ip adress to a default gateway and try to save settings, ip address is not remembered. If i reopen ipv4 settings there is only IP address, mask and dns remembered, gateway fields are blank. Also in cmd if i type ipconfig /all, Windows IP Config, and Tunnel settings are shown , ethernet settings are not shown.

I tried with manual reset with netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt in cmd, but still the same problem.

A:I cannot assign default gateway to my lan card

Why not set it to Autoconfig and be done with it. Your router will send down a IP address along with default gateway and DNS servers.

Are you typing in the IP of your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258949-i-cannot-assign-default-gateway-my-lan-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all this is my first time posting on one of these forums so I apologize if I leave out any necessary information OS Windows Computer make model HP Envy dv Wi-Fi adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR Router type Arris DG A AV software Avast Free In the middle of the day yesterday my laptop lost the ability to connect to the Internet via the Wifi in my apartment building It connects to other Wifi networks does table; DHCP assign ARP appear in Default IP address doesn't gateway no problem including an iPhone hotspot and public coffee shop Wifi also my Default gateway doesn't appear in ARP table; DHCP does assign IP address other devices including iPhone and Roku have no trouble connecting to the Wifi in my building So the problem is only between my laptop and this particular wifi router DHCP on this router does assign my laptop an IP address the default gateway and subnet Default gateway doesn't appear in ARP table; DHCP does assign IP address mask Default gateway doesn't appear in ARP table; DHCP does assign IP address that my laptop receives are the same ones that my iPhone and other devices that connected successfully receive But pinging the default gateway returns either most commonly a Request timed out or occassionally Destination host unreachable I checked my ARP table using arp -a and it turns out that the default gateway is not being added to the ARP table there is no entry for in the table I tried making a manual entry using netsh interface ip add neighbors Wi-Fi The router's MAC address and the entry was successfully added confirmed by arp -a but nothing else changed pinging the default gateway still returned the same non-result I've tried disabling my firewall and AV shields I've tried deleting the ARP cache with netsh interface ip delete arpcache The one thing I can't do is manually reset the router because it's controlled by my landlord and I don't physically have access to the router box I got the router's MAC address by looking at the ARP table for the iPhone that connected successfully But since other devices can connect to the router with no problems I'm not sure that would help anyway Thank you very much in advance for your help I appreciate any advice given

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622627/default-gateway-doesnt-appear-in-arp-table;-dhcp-does-assign-ip-address/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all this is my first time posting on one of these forums so I apologize if I leave out any necessary information OS Windows Computer make model HP Envy dv Wi-Fi adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR Router type Arris DG AAV software Avast FreeIn the middle of the day address appear IP ARP gateway table; doesn't DHCP does in assign Default yesterday my laptop lost the ability to connect to the Internet via the Wifi in my apartment building It Default gateway doesn't appear in ARP table; DHCP does assign IP address connects to other Wifi networks no problem including an iPhone hotspot and public coffee shop Wifi also my other devices including iPhone and Roku have no trouble connecting to the Wifi in my building So the problem is only between my laptop and this particular wifi router DHCP on this router does assign my laptop an IP address the default gateway and subnet mask that my laptop receives are the same ones that my iPhone and other devices that connected successfully receive But pinging the default gateway returns either most commonly a quot Request timed out quot or occassionally quot Destination host unreachable quot I checked my ARP table using arp -a and it Default gateway doesn't appear in ARP table; DHCP does assign IP address turns out that the default gateway is not being added to the ARP table there is no entry for in the table I tried making a manual entry using netsh interface ip add neighbors quot Wi-Fi quot The router s MAC address and the entry was successfully added confirmed by arp -a but nothing else changed pinging the default gateway still returned the same non-result I ve tried disabling my firewall and AV shields I ve tried deleting the ARP cache with netsh interface ip delete arpcache The one thing I can t do is manually reset the router because it s controlled by my landlord and I don t physically have access to the router box I got the router s MAC address by looking at the ARP table for the iPhone that connected successfully But since other devices can connect to the router with no problems I m not sure that would help anyway Thank you very much in advance for your help I appreciate any advice given

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157656.0.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I did a system scan in HJT and SpyDoctor a few weeks ago and found nothing but a couple adware cookies To my novice eyes my HJT log was clean too I did the scan because my machine was running oddly startup was slow and it would freeze periodically It s running fine now However I have just been told that I sent one of those quot This looks like you url here quot links - I make it a point not to click on strange links that are sent WinLive possible virus. machine, Slow-running IM to me but I thought I d post my HJT log as of just now and see if you professionals can help me get rid of this ridiculous virus and tell me how so I can clean my friend s machines as well Thank you SO MUCH You re all godsends --- HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Slow-running machine, possible WinLive IM virus. v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files PowerArchiver PASTARTER EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Users Aiobhan AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Users Aiobhan Program Files DNA btdna exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System alg exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor SSDK exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system sdclt exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Photoshop exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users Aiobhan Desktop HiJackThis exe C Windows system wermgr exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-running-machine-possible-winlive-im-virus.680783/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible Issue Sent mail folder in not 30days mail Folder - Mail old Sent > showing Windows (Hotmail) Mail application on Windows doesn't sync more than days of send messages for Hotmail account Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application other sub folders sync as far back as possibleGmail account is fine Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old - can see years of sent email Context I have accounts added to my Mail client on Windows - hotmail gmailI have Outlook mail installed on this machine alsoWindows ProDell Precision M Upgraded from Windows - gt Windows Tried Removing and readding the hotmail accountTried removing and adding the account as POP account as well Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old as the built in Hotmail Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old autosetup linkRemoved all email accounts and readded themEnsured that the application has permission to access calendar have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker Checked that I have my sent messages I can see them in Outlook but not in Mail - gt Sent folder All help would be much appreciated thanks in advance

A:Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

I don't use Microsoft email client or outlook program but It look like you're using the outlook Mail application program . What happens if you use their webpage instead . Can you log into the site below and see if you are able to view

Code:
http://tinyurl.com/nku7aay

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32876-windows-mail-sent-folder-hotmail-not-showing-mail-30days-old.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail. I've converted them all to a csv file (5.65kb). When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred.....not the e-mail addresses. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Windows Live Mail is Hotmail, with a new look. So I am confused as to what you are trying to do.
It sounds like you created a whole new name for Windows Live Mail... you didn't need to do that.

If you just open Windows Live Mail and logon as the HotMail name you will see all of the contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1043966/
Relevancy 54.61%

clearlyclueless said I to contacts Mail from Live Hotmail Export E-mail Windows m trying to transfer my Windows Live Mail e-mail contacts to Hotmail I ve converted them all to a csv file kb When I import them to Hotmail only the names get transferred not the e-mail addresses Any ideas Thanks Click to expand This thread was previously closed due to lack of answers however I found a solution When importing a csv file into Hotmail the email address field is expected as quot E-mail Address quot however in the csv file created by Windows Live Mail the email address field is quot Email Address quot Note the missing hyphen This means that the email address is not transferred over to Hotmail The solution is to edit the csv file using Notepad - simply add the hyphen to the top line of the csv file save the file and import it into Hotmail If you have the Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail same problem with other fields a useful test to see what field names Hotmail expects is to export a contact from Hotmail and then inspect the csv file which is created using Notepad nbsp

A:Export E-mail contacts from Windows Live Mail to Hotmail

Thanks for that, but tips and fixes not in reponse to any specific member should be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/25-tech-tips-tricks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-e-mail-contacts-from-windows-live-mail-to-hotmail.1052247/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ever since purchasing a new Dell PC with Windows and Live-Mail Hotmail Mail! ISP my / hijacking Windows Windows Live Mail I am being driven around the bend with mail problems Previously with XP and Vista my mail through my ISP worked almost flawlessly Now it seems that not only is my email is being wrecked by Windows Live Mail but Microsoft is monitoring my private mail Why am Windows Live-Mail / Hotmail hijacking my ISP Mail! I receiving messages below from Microsoft re Live Mail and Hotmail In effect it seems that Windows Live Mail is duplicating AND storing incoming mail on my ISP's server I certainly never wanted this ----- Original Message ----- From Windows Live Hotmail Member Services Sent Sunday May PM Subject Your Hotmail account is growing too fast IMG file C Users Rory AppData Local Temp msohtml clip image jpg IMG IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED Dear Customer Your Windows Live Hotmail account has been growing really fast If it continues to grow at this rate you will not be able to receive messages in the future Here are a few suggestions to help you manage your account Create an archive - Set up a folder on your PC s hard drive where you can save large attachments Then just delete them from your inbox You ll still have them and your inbox will be that much smaller Make your filters work for you- Did you know you can set up your Hotmail account to immediately delete junk e-mail Go to Options and click Filters and reporting Under the Delete junk e-mail section select Immediately to delete junk e-mail right away Once you re finished click Save and you re done Delete a bunch of mail at once- Go to your Junk and Deleted folders and clear them out by clicking the Empty button in the action bar If you have more questions please read our help topic on Hotmail storage Sincerely The Windows Live Hotmail Team I do not and have never used Hotmail nor am I a quot member quot There is no set capacity limit on my ISP's mail service and I have a TB hard drive with a huge amount of free space Why is Microsoft Live Mail nagging me and invading my privacy At I'm not really quot into quot this Windows technolgy XP was superb and Vista livable Not so Win and associated changes PLEASE ANYBODY - HELP

A:Windows Live-Mail / Hotmail hijacking my ISP Mail!

The mail message you got seems to be spam or phishing, delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163394-windows-live-mail-hotmail-hijacking-my-isp-mail.html
Relevancy 53.75%

(Why the title can only be 70 characters? Too short. Most normal forums allow 100 characters minimum. Where to suggest this?)

Longer title: Is it possible to disable Default Browser, similarly to there is no Default Mail app?

I want to do this for added extra security for my light virtualization setup, and just for the heck of it.

A:Possible to disable Default Browser, similarly to no Default Mail app?

What are you trying to stop as s browser will start on a URL Link and also HTML file and maybe other files

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/400171-possible-disable-default-browser-similarly-no-default-mail-app.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Windows XP does not assign a WINS Server, DNS Server, or Default Gateway.

Here is the output from ipconfig /all:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Lon Hoss>IPCONFIG /ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : omnibook-6100
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VM Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-C0-9F-09-00-6D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.237.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

C:\Documents and Settings\Lon Hoss>

A:Windows XP does not assign a WINS Server, DNS Server, or Default Gateway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-does-not-assign-a-wins-server-dns-server-or-default-gateway.1082644/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using web mail- hotmail.com.

There are certain Hotmail e-mail addresses, which I always want in my inbox always going to my junk mail folder instead.

How do I make sure the the e-mail addresses which I want in my inbox instead of junk mail folder go where it suppose to go ?

So when people send from those e-mail addresses go into inbox and not junk mail folder.

Thanks

Zhong

A:Hotmail e-mail address going to my junk mail

Hi Zhong,

You can try adding them in your safe sender list.

Pls see attached for more info.

Thanks,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/hotmail-e-mail-address-going-to-my-junk-mail-1108106.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have several accounts in Windows Mail to use in different locations. When I am at home I set the appropriate account as Default. Windows Mail uses this reliably when creating mail. However, when replying to incoming mail the programme always tries to use another account (not default but one I use in Portugal) and of course it fails to Send because the settings are not correct. I have to manually change the account in the outgoing address box. Any solution?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-mail-chooses-non-default-account-for-replies-to-incoming-mail-185375.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi. I was just messing around on my computer and I accidentally made Yahoo Mail my default mail client. I didn't meant to do this. I was just messing around and wasn't watching what I was doing and accidently did that. However, I don't want it to be my default mail client. How do I undo that?

A:(Solved) Undoing making Yahoo Mail default mail client...

To change it to OE, start it, go to Tools/Options/General and at the bottom click on Make this My Default Email Handler.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-undoing-making-yahoo-mail-default-mail-client.132287/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I want to set Windows Live Mail as a default mail client. I know this can be done manually. But how can I do this in automated way, or is there any registry setting by which i can do that.
Thanks

Abhishek

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/affbbf51-5db9-4f1e-bc46-afbb63c4895d/how-to-set-windows-live-mail-as-a-default-mail-client-using-command-prompt?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

The title says it all. I can stop it if I click, at the correct moment, on the red X at the side of the browser's address box.

Most infuriating and I have no idea how to stop it doing this.

Can you help please?

My OS is XP SP3 Home with all critical updates. Browser is IE8.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356753/yahoo-mail-default-check-mail-page-continuously-refreshes/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

Is it possible to install Yahoo mail as my default mail service using Chrome?

I know ho to do it with Explorer but no luck with Chrome browser

Martin

A:How to install yahoo mail as my default mail service using Chrome

reading your post., not sure if these may help. take a look at these links:

Google Groups
How to Make Google Chrome Your Default Browser - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/226528-how-install-yahoo-mail-my-default-mail-service-using-chrome.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Is there a way in Hotmail to save all your messages sent by using a default? I don't want to check that save draft box everytime I send a message. Thanks for any help you can provide.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hotmail-default-24476.html
Relevancy 52.03%

how can I make it the default mail for me . I went to programs and click on widowsmail and there was no check box
thanks

A:To set Windows Mail as the default e‑mail program

Welcome

Did you type default in search and then make the selection for the email server?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/269905-set-windows-mail-default-e-mail-program.html
Relevancy 52.03%

when I click on a email link to send a email my gmail account comes up I want it to be my reg windows mail account. how do I change that . I have tried making it default but wont work . thansk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/to-set-windows-mail-as-the-default-e-mail-program-461875.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I click on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS I have a chioce of Outlook Express or Hotmail. I want it to be AT&TYahoo Mail. How can I do that?

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a laptop with Windows Vista. I used to use Windows Mail as my e-mail client, but I recently installed Office 2007 and am now using Outlook. I have gone to Default Programs, and Outlook is set as the default mail handler for all mail functions. But when I click on a mailto link from my browser, Windows Mail still launches. How can I change this?

A:How do I stop Windows Mail from being the default mail handler?

In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, select Internet Options, goto the Programs tab and make sure that Outlook is set as the default mail program.

That should fix it, try it and let us know.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/152600-how-do-i-stop-windows-mail-being-default-mail-handler.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I think I posted this a while back but got no notifications. Can I please ask again:

I have gmail as my pc mailing default, but have changed to hotmail. But hotmail is not listed in default programs in the CP?? I want to make hotmail default.

all it says in defaults is 'make my current email default' with no means of switching? It still think gmail is my default.

A:Make hotmail default

So, here endeth the lesson?

Web based emails cant be made default!

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/62073-make-hotmail-default.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have IE 11 with Win 8.1 on my lovely shiny new pc. I use Hotmail accessed via the web, I don't use the mail settings in Win 8.1. How can I set things up so that my messages sent from web sites etc (eg Picassa) use my Hotmail address. Do I just install outlook and assign the Hotmail address on it somehow? How is that done? Or is there a simpler way. I know all about Hotmail being a web based system and outlook being a program. But I don't see how it all fits together.

Thanks !

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/62274-using-hotmail-address-default-ie.html
Relevancy 51.6%

How do I set Windows Live Hotmail as the default mail client in Vista ?

I saw a previous post by "Winston" here:

Can't set Windlows Live Email or Outlook as default email program

Is this still accurate? will it work for Windows 7 ?

could someone summarize the instructions by steps ? Winston ? or whomever..

http://www.vistax64.com/software/239921-hotmail-default-under-vista-how-do-i.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My wife has always used Hotmail as her default email so to open it she would click on the Windows Live Messenger icon Inbox and then her mail live com page would open with her emails She was having trouble sending pictures from Picasa because it wasn't associated with an email account so since I had already set up Windows Live Mail for her she doesn't use I told Picasa to use it but have since set email Hotmail default my Making up a gmail account for her to use with Picasa Anyway by having Picasa use Windows Live Mail briefly it is now her default email client so whenever she clicks on the Windows Live Messenger icon Making Hotmail my default email and Inbox it opens WLM If I go to quot Set your Default Programs quot Hotmail is not listed and if I go to quot Associate a file type or Protocol with a specific program quot and quot Mail Service quot mapimail it says quot unknown Application quot and Hotmail isn't listed among any of the Making Hotmail my default email programs How do I make Hotmail as the default email client again Thanks

A:Making Hotmail my default email

Quote: Originally Posted by mccoady

...and Hotmail isn't listed among any of the programs....How do I make Hotmail as the default email client again?...

That's because Hotmail is a website you access via a browser, not a program. There is a real program (email client) that can access Hotmail...Windows Live Mail. You would download and install "Windows Live Essentials" from Microsoft, selecting the components you want, one of which is called "Mail". It can be used to get email from http accounts (like Hotmail) and also pop3 and imap accounts used by many other email service providers. It can also access newsgroups which use nntp.

IIRC, there was a special tool that allowed a browser to behave as a Hotmail "default program" in Vista but it may not work in Win 7. Do a google search for "hotmail as default email" to see what is available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/134374-making-hotmail-my-default-email.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I want to make Hotmail the default I to want Hotmail make Firefox the Firefox default---I have used this in the past and it worked Now no luck ANy ideas To make Firefox use Hotmail for mailto links do the following Type about config into your location bar and hit enter If you've never edited used about config before you'll see a warning Click quot I'll be careful I promise quot This will bring you to the about config window In the filter field type quot gecko quot Double I want to make Hotmail the Firefox default click the first entry gecko handlerService allowRegisterFromDifferentHost to change the value to true Copy and paste the text between the following text I want to make Hotmail the Firefox default into the location bar and hit enter javascript navigator registerProtocolHandler 'mailto' 'http hotmail msn com secure I want to make Hotmail the Firefox default start action compose amp to s' 'Hotmail' You will see an information bar drop down at the top of the window Click quot Add Application quot You've finished installing the Hotmail protocol now you just need to select it Go to Firefox gt Preferences gt Applications if you are using a Mac or Tools gt Options gt Applications if you are using Windows Now scroll down the list by content type and find mailto In the drop-down menu to the right select quot Use Hotmail quot Next return to about config If the warning comes up again click quot I'll be careful I promise quot In the filter field type quot gecko quot and double click the first entry gecko handlerService allowRegisterFromDifferentHost to change the value back to false

A:I want to make Hotmail the Firefox default

Use Windows Live Mail to access your Hotmail Account, it's easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/216300-i-want-make-hotmail-firefox-default.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've been using Windows Live Mail for my Tiscali account. I've now left Tiscali and am using hotmail but when I click on an email link in a website, it opens my Tiscali window. How can I make it open a hotmail window for me, please?

A:Making Hotmail default in Windows 7

Hi chicken legs, Welcome to the forum.

Quick question, your post is a little ambigous,

Do you want Windows Live Mail to open and load your Hotmail account? Or do you want a browser window to open and go to Hotmail?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/156181-making-hotmail-default-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've tried Tools/Options/Programs /Set Programs/Set Default Programs.

Nothing there for me to make the switch.

I'm using Vista Ultimate
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 50.74%

I do a lot of scan to file from my brother printer it takes ages to find the scanned file on my system, to speed things up I would like to scan to email. when I do this it automatically goes to Windows mail, which I do not use. How can I change this so it goes to my G mail site?
Is this possible possible?

A:Changing default from Live mail to G mail.

The scan program uses a Email client that is installed on your computer (Live Mail, Outlook, etc.) to scan to and Gmail is a web based.

Have a look at this.

Scan to email using gmail as SMTP - HP Support Forum - 2446079

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/362445-changing-default-live-mail-g-mail.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi to all I am new here We just got a new desktop computer with OS window I was able to set yahoo as my homepage and able to access to my email and installed yahoo messenger My problem is everytime I click quot read mail quot it says that it cannot perform operation because the default mail client is not properly installed So I went to my control panel - internet options - programs to change my default email but there is no way I can choose yahoo mail as default email I tried it many times and still trying to figure how to set my yahoo mail Also every time I click the hyperlink email it says that quot There is no program associated to perform the requested action Please install an email program or if one is already installed create an association in the default programs control panel quot So I tried to make changes of as How client? mail to yahoo set my mail default my default programs but no yahoo mail Is there anybody here with similar case with me Hope you can help Thanks everyone Looking for your help l

A:How to set yahoo mail as my default mail client?

Me too. I'm having the same trouble in hyperlink email; tried a lot of things. Two of us need help! VK

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/34825-how-set-yahoo-mail-my-default-mail-client.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Im sick of windows 7 trying to open Windows Live Mail... I hate that resource hungry application and choose to use hotmail directly in the browser... but how to I set hotmail to be default email? im always logged in to hotmail on chrome, there are ways to set it for Vista using an application but it wont run on windows 7
any advice would be great

thanks in advance

A:How do I.. Make HOTMAIL default email in windows 7?

Maybe I am not understanding your problem. Why would Windows Live Mail open unless you click on it or you have it in your Start folder?. If you have your Hot Mail account in Windows Live Mail it can be deleted without affecting your account on line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-hotmail-default-email-in-windows-7.1019149/
Relevancy 50.31%

I thought I would provide an update to this post as recent changes the 4+ mailto Firefox in Making Hotmail default in Firefox have resulted in the method changing Making Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 4+ slightly In recent versions of Firefox you must Type about config into your location bar and hit enter If you've never edited or used about config before you'll see a warning Click quot I'll be careful I promise quot This will bring you to the about config window In the filter field type quot gecko quot Without quotes In the list below it should say something like Making Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 4+ quot gecko handlerService allowRegisterFromDifferentHost quot at the top and Making Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 4+ you want to change its value from False to True to do this simply double click it Create a bookmark pointing to any website you like Edit the properties of the bookmark and change the Location field to say For Hotmail http Code javascript navigator registerProtocolHandler 'mailto' 'http hotmail msn com secure start action compose amp to s' 'Hotmail' For Secure Hotmail https Code javascript navigator registerProtocolHandler 'mailto' 'https hotmail msn com secure start action compose amp to s' 'Hotmail' For Windows Live Mail Code javascript navigator registerProtocolHandler 'mailto' 'http mail live com secure start action compose amp to s' 'Hotmail' Save the Bookmark then select execute the Bookmark by left clicking it in your Bookmark menu toolbar You will see an information bar drop down at the top of the window Click quot Add Application quot You've now finished installing the Hotmail protocol but must now make it your current selection Go to Firefox gt Preferences gt Applications if you are using a Mac or Tools gt Options gt Applications if you are using Windows Now scroll down the list by content type and find mailto In the drop-down menu to the right select quot Use Hotmail quot Next return to about config If the warning comes up again click quot I'll be careful I promise quot In the filter field type quot gecko quot and double click the first entry quot gecko handlerService allowRegisterFromDifferentHost quot to change the value back to false Done Enjoy using Hotmail for emailto links Okay so you want to know the reason behind the changes seen in points and Mozilla changed it so you can't execute javascript from the Address Bar so the next simplest way to do it is via a bookmark Also I include information about how to set it up for users who have set there email account to use HTTPS instead of HTTP as well as information for Windows Live Mail users I wouldn't have made this new thread if it wasn't for that fact that the other thread was closed preventing anyone from posting new information

A:Making Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 4+

Hi, welcome to TSF

Thanks for your detailed instructions.

The other thread was closed because it's from 2008, the original poster no longer needs help with their problem, and the version of Firefox being discussed is now out of date.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/making-hotmail-the-default-mailto-in-firefox-4-a-635394.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to make Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 3 with no chance. I tried some strings and values in about:config with no chance too. By default, and under Tools -> Options -> Applications, mailto has Gmail and Yahoo Mail. I want to add Hotmail to that list.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks,

A:[SOLVED] Making Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 3

Hello xsever and Welcome to TSF.

Have you seen this article? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...sed+by+Firefox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-making-hotmail-the-default-mailto-in-firefox-3-a-322003.html
Relevancy 49.88%

When I respond to a "contact us" on a website or want my scanner to send the document by email, Outlook email is automatically chosen for the email program to send it. I don't use Outlook as an email program but use Hotmail or Yahoo for email. I have looked for a way to de-select Outlook and select Hotmail or Yahoo instead, and have not found where this can be done. Any suggestions out there on how this can be accomplished? TIA! Dick

A:Change my default email program from Outlook to Hotmail

I would think the easiest way would be via Start>Default Programs>Set your default programs.

You haven't said which version of Outlook you're using, but in Outlook 2010 you can change it under Options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179278-change-my-default-email-program-outlook-hotmail.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have read a few similar posts and the resolutions but it doesn t appear to be working for me Any help is appreciated I apologize if I am leaving out any important info I m running a Windows XP PC wired to a Verizon FIOS modem router model MI no assign not did address" DNS a server, no "Network gateway, network Solved: Default WR I have a second computer connected via wire to this and a third computer connected wirelessly As of hours ago and for months all machines have worked fine My PC froze while playing a game and I reset it This is not common but it has happened before without issue upon start up However this time I received a limited no connectivity message When repair was attempted it didn t work because quot the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot The nd and rd PC work fine though Back on my first PC when I view the details there is a physical address IP address and subnet mask BUT there is no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I have tried the other suggestions I read about RESET TCP Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, IP stack and RESET WINSOCK entries then restarting my machine but neither of these worked Under device manager my NVIDEA nForce networking adapter says it is working properly and there isn t any red X Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, or yellow indicators The only weird thing I saw which i have not seen discussed here is when I run IPCONFIG ALL It says IP Routing enabled NO and WINS Proxy enabled NO Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if you need some additional information Thanks D nbsp

A:Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-no-default-gateway-no-dns-server.983791/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm just curious, because if we can assign a letter for a drive [for example, C:], then, can I assign a letter to a folder? Because when I save/open a file or anything like that, I can just type the letter of the drive if I want to access a drive, so I wish I could assign a letter to a folder.

A:Solved: If I can assign a drive letter, can I assign a folder letter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-if-i-can-assign-a-drive-letter-can-i-assign-a-folder-letter.393994/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I am struggling to get used to a new laptop running Windows 8.1 and will no doubt end up with a great many questions! However, for now, can someone please explain what is happening with my Draft emails?

If I log in to Hotmail using Internet Explorer, my mail folders are all there and include some draft emails I have saved.

However if I open the Mail App from the Start screen in Win 8.1 the Inbox etc appear to be displaying everything correctly but there is nothing in the Drafts folder. Can I get these drafts to display in this App?

Thanks for any advice,

best wishes,

Roger

A:Hotmail Drafts don't appear in Mail App?

Click folders in left pane and a slide out lets you choose what you want displayed by clicking a star.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/63047-hotmail-drafts-dont-appear-mail-app.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I've got a laptop with XP on, and I've just set up a WLAN at home. For some reason I cannot log on to Hotmail anymore. When I type my log-in details, it just goes backt o the log-in page saying "username and/or password incorrect". The u/n and password are ok, as i can log in on other computers. I couldn't log into Facebook either, it said i need to enable cookies. I have since got round this by using my McAfee Internet security suite, but can't seem to get round it with Hotmail.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Ben Fenner

A:Cannot log in to Hotmail/Live Mail

Hello Ben

were these the steps you followed?

Enable cookies in McAfee Internet Security.
Right-click the McAfee icon by your system clock or open the application from the Start Menu.
Click Privacy Service
Click Manage Users
The Privacy Service window appears. Click to highlight the name of the user whose setting you wish to change.
Click Edit
Click the Cookies tab
Select the desired option, such as Prompt users to accept cookies or Accept all cookies.
Click Apply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-log-in-to-hotmail-live-mail-178825.html
Relevancy 48.16%

How to start a new Outlook account without any old hotmail account files? In other words, a fresh email account.

shewood1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/13970-hotmail-outlook-mail.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Is it possible to move Windows Live Hotmail messages from that server to my folder on my local computer like Outlook Express used to do. I do not want to use different email accounts. I just want to download and remove certain messages. I am not at all comfortable leaving my business messages online for every other user to see. I have tried to use Windows Mail with the new Hotmail but it puts multiple copies of each message every time it loads.
Thanks Jc

A:Hotmail to Windows Mail

You can always switch to Windows Live Mail (pop, desktop version) available at live.com. Once you do that and set up your hotmail account there, you can click the "synch" button and it will move all messages and folders from hotmail to wlm.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/245037-hotmail-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I can log onto and receive mail with Hotmail. I can no longer create new mail or reply to mail that I receive. My 'To' button is active but an address that I click will not appear in the 'To' window at the top of a new e-mail and as no cursor appears, I can not enter text or type in an address.

Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-create-mail-on-hotmail-373399.html
Relevancy 48.16%

probably about a month ago i started having issues with my E-mail it kept saying that the the revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available do you want to continue even if i hit yes or no another box shows up saying the identity of this web site or the integrity of this my i've issue e-mail(hotmail) with an got connection cannot be verified then lower down it says the security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority then if i hit yes or no it goes back to the first box OR if i try to do the questionnarre it shows up with this page http s i've got an issue with my e-mail(hotmail) photobucket com user shoot media myproblem zps f a png html any help you guys can give me would be i've got an issue with my e-mail(hotmail) great my computer is a windows toshiba satellite and i would enjoy very much getting my email back

A:i've got an issue with my e-mail(hotmail)

i dont wanna bug anybody.... but can somebody help???? if not say so so i can stop looking 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558240/ive-got-an-issue-with-my-e-mailhotmail/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a account on hotmail and need it opened. The password I don't have and when I reset the password it goes to the same mail. What do I do to get the password? I closed the account a while ago and need it opened.

A:How to mail open a hotmail?

When your account is closed:

Your credentials (e-mail address and password) will be permanently deleted.Your Windows Live registered information will be permanently deleted. View registered informationYou won't be able to sign in to Windows Live or other Microsoft services, or any other site where you use this sign-in name.Some information you may have provided to Microsoft will not be automatically deleted. To learn how to access personal information, see the Microsoft Privacy Statement.You will lose access to your contacts in Windows Live Messenger and in Microsoft e-mail (Windows Live Hotmail).If you have associated child accounts, any permission you've given for children's accounts will be revoked, and you will no longer be able to manage these children's accounts.You will no longer receive any newsletters, news updates, and other free subscriptions associated with this e-mail address.

Copied from the Close Account page on Windows Live.

Sorry, it looks as if your account is gone.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/270016-how-mail-open-hotmail.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve been trying to Hotmail e-mail hacked find the correct place to start this thread and since a previous topic regarding this issue was posted here before this is where I m going to try first A few hours ago I was contacted by a friend Hotmail e-mail hacked who notified me that they had recieved an e-mail from me containing several of the contacts in my list and a strange URL I checked my e-mail to find that I had several failed deliveries e-mails in Hotmail e-mail hacked my inbox each with a different portion of my contact list I m lead to believe that somehow my e-mail account was hacked I proceeded to change the password and security question since I could still access it And a few of my other passwords as well But here is the problem I have no idea how it might have happened I m the only one with access to the computer and I certainly didn t run any strange programs or visited any odd sites So I m worried that I might have a keylogger or something hiding from me But I have no idea how to detect it I ran Spybot and currently Avast antivirus however pointless that may Hotmail e-mail hacked be because I don t know what else to do Would it be possible for someone to lend a hand nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

hello all.
Unable to access hotmail,msn.com, msnmail, tried 3 dif browsers, chrome,opera,firefox to no avail. I have a hotmail account and an MSN mail account.I logged into my hotmail account and it changed my email to outlook!? $%
What is going on I tried to log out of my hotmail account and could not find a 'log out' key.PC has all updates and not using a proxy server. This was all of a sudden .
Any suggestions really need my MSN mail with all my business contacts ........
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474123/cant-access-msn-mail-or-hotmail-or-msncom/
Relevancy 48.16%

about ten days ago i received a notice that my hotmail account was blocked i went to microsoft they aske some questions and said in 24 hours send a code to unlock if i was the owner the code went to spam but then i located it ansered questions put in code would not work ... at this time i have another request to microsoft to unlock it however the code was to be cent to my yahoo mail account now i can not get in to yahoo on my pc.. I can send a mail from another email account to yahoo and it will show on my apple iphone and i can read it this is not true for hotmail account it says error password in correct, ami infected i can see one email being a problem but not another could use some advice on how to proceedthanks in advanceEDIT:Moved from Am I infected~~boopme

A:hotmail yahoo mail

Hello areaInovice and Welcome -Sorry that we were a bit slow to reply to this very important post - I think I have only bad news for you - From your basic description of the situation, I can only say "you responded to a Fake Scam Email" - I get these emails about every week and delete them.At this time you Must save any contacts that you have and send a direct email to Both Yahoo! and Hotmail to request that your accounts be cancelled now -Do not use any of the contact methods that you were sent, as these are all FAKEThis is also the time to contact your banks or credit unions and ask for your Credit Cards etc. to be changed, or account names / numbers be changed.You may have accidentally given these people important data, like your Name, Address, and other personal information that can be used to scam you.I am not attempting to scare you beyond the fact that you have already been scammed by international thieves, who do this as a living.My Yahoo! account had another message yesterday that my account was almost full, but with only 500 inbox and 500 outbox items this is wrong -Yahoo! has virtually unlimited storage and will Never send you these messages, you never posted to M/soft but a Scammer who now has your email account You can try the FBI contact for Scams, sorry I do not have details, as I am in Australia, and we use another method to contact our Federal Police.Again I can only say sorry that this was not answered earlier, but I think it was sent to the wrong forum area, and this should have been answered soonerGood Luck, and please contact us if you want further help -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462766/hotmail-yahoo-mail/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm having problems with the personal box ups in mail pop hotmail adserverplus pop up It comes up everytime I try to use my personal mail pop ups in hotmail personal mail box box in Hotmail com Here is a copy of my HiJackthis log file I have scanned with SAV corporate and no virus has been found No results when I scanned with AVG free in standard and safe modes Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you P S Have even used VundoFix no viruses Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on -Jun- Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS pop ups in hotmail personal mail box system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS pop ups in hotmail personal mail box system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files JGsoft EditPadLite EditPad exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPC exe C Documents and Settings David My Documents HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www internet ge O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Lo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pop-ups-in-hotmail-personal-mail-box-259589.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Everytime I open Facebook notifications in Hotmail, my window freezes and I get a message saying Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. This doesn't happen when I access Hotmail through Firefox though. I was wondering what was causing this to happen in IE. Can I fix it?

Also, I've noticed that when I go delete my junk mail, the junk mail always shows up in the deleted folder with an icon of an opened envelope (which is used to mark "read" mail). I have not opened them at all. Why is this happening and should I be worried because I don't want to get be getting viruses.

A:Opening Mail in Hotmail

What version of Internet Explorer? Normally problems like these come from using an outdated browser that is not compatible with the latest web standards/technologies.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450791/opening-mail-in-hotmail/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok so I'm trying to get a song that someone sent to me via e-mail and save it to my computer so I can burn it to a disk. I have hotmail and Windows XP. Can someone give me some pointers here please! Sorry Moderators if this is in the wrong place I never seen an email section on the site.

A:E-Mail Question... Hotmail in Particular

So, someone sent you an attached music file (WMP, or MP3) in an Email? so save the attachment to your hard drive. Play the saved file. Does it play? If so, then burn it to an Audio CD with your burning software or Windows Media Player.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/e-mail-question-hotmail-in-particular-441488.html
Relevancy 48.16%

A relative recently acquired an old computer with very limited storage, and this has quickly become gobbled up with saved e-mails (via Hotmail). She wants to gain some HDD space by saving these e-mails to CD-R, and has asked my advice - sadly, I can't think of a way! I have tried saving e-mails to "My Documents" in the manner suggested by the Hotmail Help index, [open message, click on file, save as, (and here I used "My Documents")], but that results in a complete breakdown of a message into its components, and not a readable file. Can anybody please suggest a simple, reliable way of performing this function?

A:Archiving E-Mail from Hotmail

You could forward them to a pop3 account and save the files from that - although probably impracticle and so forth.

You would probably need to save them as text files by manually copy and pasting them into notepad.

Basically, if you want to archieve your emails, never use online webemail accounts. Hotmail shoud now offer a 250mb storage tho so unless she wants to keep HUGE attachments, it shouldnt matter.

Late,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/archiving-e-mail-from-hotmail.345544/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am using the mail program that came with W8. It defaults to a Hotmail account I don't use, and I have to click on the account I do use.
Can I get rid of the Hotmail account?
I could just switch to gmail, but it would work better this way if I can get rid of Hotmail.

A:Can I get rid of hotmail from the W8 mail program?

Hi Toller,

Hope all is well,

You can remove your Hotmail account not a problem by using the following steps:

Mail App - Remove an Account in Windows 8.1

Although what I have done is actually created a shortcut on my start menu for my preferred mail box. To do this follow these steps:

1. Bring up your mail up and then in your mail app on the bottom left where your accounts are shown click the mailbox you want to pin, then right click

2. Click pin to start

3. Now you will be able to click straight in to your preferred email account from the start screen.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/42741-can-i-get-rid-hotmail-w8-mail-program.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

So far I have not found the answer to this here on the forum. So I hope that I am not causing duplication. Recently, email that I send to any of my hotmail contacts is returned to me, like they think it is spam. Of course when I wrote to hotmail postmaster, it too was returned. I also put in a question to my ISP. Haven't heard back.

I have pop 3 account (cox). I use thunderbird.

Anyone else have this happen, and any advice? Thank you so much.

A:Returned Mail From Hotmail

Did you ever solve it? I'm having the same problem and it's driving me nuts. Alot of my emails to family and friends are to hotmail accounts and I haven't changed anything recently. I still use Incredimail, have the same ISP. I am desperate for an answer. None of my email are spam, they are legitimate emails but all hotmail ones come back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95081/returned-mail-from-hotmail/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Hotmail mail account for about 20 years and would like to move all the newsletters and other minor stuff to a new email address and repurpose the original for my smartphone.

Without having to change the preferences options in each of the newsletters etc. one by one, is there an batch mode way I can have this?

TIA

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57841-make-hotmail-mail-like-new.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I had nearly completed a fairly lengthy e-mail in Hotmail, when I must obviously have hit a "wrong" key, because the whole message area went blank, and the incomplete message is nowhere to be found. That means I have looked in such places as "drafts", recycle bin, and so on. I'd really like to get this message back, to complete and send, as a considerable amount of time and effort was put into composing it in the first place. (My klutzy fingers again!).
Would anybody have any ideas on how the message can be retrieved. I would be considerably grateful for any constructive help that might be forthcoming.

A:Hotmail - where did my unfinished e-mail go?

It is nearly certainly lost (especially if you've closed the browser or navigated away from the page).
If you spend a long time composing a message, the session could have timed out. That's why it's always a good idea to compose your message in a text editor first and then paste into the webmail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hotmail-where-did-my-unfinished-e-mail-go.368900/
Relevancy 47.73%

A week ago suddenly I was unable to open any emails in Windows Live Mail Hotmail I can see all the messages are listed but cannot open them I get a message saying A problem occurred while trying to open this message every time I try to open a message I can open the messages if I go online under https but not under my email I looked at the Microsoft site and tried all the things they suggested I uninstalled Windows Live Mail and reinstalled it No change I downloaded the Microsoft Silverlight I checked and have Internet Explorer I have tried to repair the Windows Live Mail Again no change I don't know how to get back to where I can actually view my emails in Windows Live Mail I am frustrated Any ideas By Windows Mail/Hotmail Live the way I have restarted after each of the above I changed my security settings for junk mail to medium I suspect this happened after an automatic update

A:Windows Live Mail/Hotmail

Hi Vegreville It seems like you're not the only one with that issue. You are using the Windows Live Mail application right, and not accessing Hotmail/Outlook from your web browser?List Installed ProgramsDownload MiniToolBox and move it to your Desktop;Execute it by double-clicking on it;Check the "List Installed Programs" checkbox;Click on the Go button;Once the scan is complete, a log will open.Copy/paste (select the Notepad, press Ctrl + A then Ctrl + C to copy, and Ctrl + V to paste) the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565493/windows-live-mailhotmail/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was hoping some one could help me set up dafault program for mail recipient to connect with Hotmail emailing.

As in Outlook there was an easy way when you click on your photo's to resize them, so that it made it easyer to send (making them smaller).

But right now when I select my picture right click/Send To/Mail Recipient it open the option to resize but there is no program set yet. It prompts me to setup the default program in the Control Panel.

I am currently using HotMail/Windows7 64 Ultima

Here are some pics to show you what I trying to do.

Thank you for your time Bob

A:Mail Recipient Connect To Hotmail

Try this

Go to Microsoft, Download windows live mail

That can be used for the default email.client, with Hot Mail

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Then make sure it is the default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/66591-mail-recipient-connect-hotmail.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This problem started a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to rectify it.

We can print from any other format like Outlook and Word, but as soon as we try from Hotmail or G mail all we get is a blank page. The only entry on it is the page number at the top and the file name and date at the bottom.

I've re-formatted the printer. (Brother DCP-145C)
Gone thru numerous suggestions from people with similar problems to no avail.
When the issue first arose the page actually did print, albeit with what appeared to be a multitude of symbols and characters. As I said, now it's blank.

We use Internet Explorer as our main link. I have yahoo and my wife uses google as our browsers.

Please help.

techdummy48

A:[SOLVED] Can't print from Hotmail or G mail

Rather than using the "regular" print button, try using the one on the Hotmail toolbar.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-print-from-hotmail-or-g-mail-633392.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, since yesterday only works yahoo messenger and msn messenger, not that it happens with the mail , I am sure that they are not virus, spy,adware in my computer, clone xp pro, whithout sp1, Netscape 7.2 it says "The Document contains no Data", FireFox says the same thing, I.E. 6 it never finishes loading "The page cannot be shown", other sites work well, any help is thanked, sorry for my english, I write from ecuador my type of connection is ADSL 128 x 32, I have been reading which also happens in other countrys, uruguay, argentina, etc. see you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hotmail-and-yahoo-mail-problems-29691.html
Relevancy 47.73%

What is your recommended action when your hotmail is sending spam mail to everyone?
i heard Skype associating hotmail can be one at fault, probably some bot.
(closing hotmail account might not work either)

Sounds like 4 tracking cookies were at fault,
discovered after trying another antispyware other than Malwarebytes.
(what i find weird is: how could these tracking cookies not be removed by ccleaner)

A:Hotmail sending spam mail

I doubt that tracking cookies were to blame.

CCleaner will leave cookies that are associated with your Favorites/Bookmarks if you tell it to.

If the SPAM was sent to those that you have listed in your Hotmail account contacts, then it sounds like someone or something gained access to that account. One solution might be to change your password and not keep contacts in the account. Keep contacts in a separate document - then copy/paste as needed. I know that is not convenient, but it has worked for some users that I support. (They came up with the idea. I did not suggest it to them. It has worked for them.)

The more e-mails people forward around, the greater the chances are that their e-mail address will be harvested. (But that does not give the bad guys your list of ALL contacts - unless you forwarded something to ALL contacts.) Sometimes you will see a list of e-mail addresses in the body of the forwarded e-mail. Some e-mail forwards bounce around for years. If the e-mail passes thru a compromised e-mail server, then those e-mail addresses can get harvested. SPAM can be sent using any/all of those harvested e-mail addresses as the fake/spoofed sender address.

You might want to create a post in the security sub-forum and let them help you scan your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/333302-hotmail-sending-spam-mail.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I get this everytime I send an e-mai..."This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed."

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438175-cannot-send-e-mail-hotmail-using-outlook.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everybody I have noticed my hotmail few days ago started sending spam mail to all my contacts mail such as quot Learn How to Make Money Online Fast http www jcrcontrols com it realy php SID quot I dont know if it is related to the quot linkedin quot accident or not but still I have now changed the password can you please help me find out how to get rid of whatever I got Thanks a lot I did run HijackThis and I have the logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - spam itself! sending by mail Hotmail - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Programmi Hotmail sending spam mail by itself! Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programmi BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Programmi Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programmi Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Programmi Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Programmi Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Programmi Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Programmi File comuni Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Programmi CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Programmi Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Programmi Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Programmi Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Programmi Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Programmi Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Programmi Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Programmi Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google se R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Programmi Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Programmi BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ConnectionCenter quot C Programmi Citrix ICA Client concentr exe quot startup O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Programmi Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp sporta in Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra con... Read more

A:Hotmail sending spam mail by itself!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456405/hotmail-sending-spam-mail-by-itself/
Relevancy 47.73%

Please help me to review this hjt log file in order to fix my internet web security pages access problem many thanks etc, in canīt yahoo mail log hotmail, in advance here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec canīt log in hotmail, yahoo mail etc, Shared SNDSrvc exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Archivos de programa Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Archivos de programa Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa Messenger msmsgs exe C Archivos de programa MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Archivos de programa Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Temp Directorio temporal para hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www scientificatlanta com con edownloads htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName V nculos O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Archivos de programa MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c archivos de programa google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Archivos de programa MSN Apps MSN Toolbar es-mx msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar T msn - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Archivos de programa MSN Apps MSN Toolbar es-mx msntb dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Archivos de programa Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c archivos de programa google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Archivos de programa Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Archivos de programa Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Archivos de programa Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Archivos de programa MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Archivos de programa Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Archivos de programa Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C Archivos de programa Google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Archivos de programa Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks h... Read more

A:canÂīt log in hotmail, yahoo mail etc,

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running. Ad-Aware? SE Personal Edition
*Note* For Ad-AwareSE also install the VX2 Addon Cleaner To run this tool once Adaware is updated click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK" , then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy
CWShredder

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Scan your PC & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click Scan Now
Enter your e-mail address & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Please post that log in your next reply.

To address your login issue...try this...

Try this - with all browser windows closed, Go to Start->Run and copy and paste each of the following, hitting ok after each:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Reboot, then try to access the sites that were giving you problems again.

Quote:

IMPORTANT!:

Before we can proceed any further, please visit the Microsoft's Windows Update Page and install ALL Critical Updates for your system (except service pack 2) (SP2). SP2 should only be installed on a fully disinfected system. At the minimum install at least SP1a for both XP and IE6. Without these updates your system is wide open to re-infection and we are both wasting our efforts to clean your system. After we have completed your clean-up, we will have you return to the Windows Update page and install SP2. We will also then advise you on how to better protect yourself online.

Please apply those updates BEFORE posting your next log. It is this forum's policy to stop the disinfection process until these basic updates are done. If during the updating process you get a message that your product key is invalid ....then you may not have a legitimate copy of Windows XP. Unfortunately it?s also this forums policy that we only address users with a legal copy of Windows XP.... therefore if you can not update Windows XP to SP1 we must stop the cleansing process here.

**Note** If your having trouble locating the service pack SP1a here is a direct link to download it from..

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...p1a_en_x86.exe

Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/can-t-log-in-hotmail-yahoo-mail-etc-78768.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, ive been looking around for a portable E-mail client that supports pop3 so i can also get access to my hotmail account, all from my flash drive in one utility...any suggestions??

Been looking and i cant find anything thats worth while..let alone portable

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

I just upgraded xp to vista and now I cant setup mail to read my hotmail like i did in express. Do I have to download windows live?? Is there a better solution?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434185/how-do-i-check-hotmail-in-windows-mail/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been trying to resolve a problem where I send from Hotmail to a .biz email address and it gets bounced back not delivered. I can send from a pop3 mailbox fine and also from a Yahoo web mailbox.

I set up a new user for the same domain and that worked initailly but now they just get bounced. I'm going to try a new one now and see if that works.

Hotmail say its my hosting that's the problem and they say it's Hotmail

Anybody any clues?

A:Hotmail bounces mail to .biz domain

Whats the exact error you are getting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7909/hotmail-bounces-mail-to-biz-domain/
Relevancy 47.73%

my hotmail account has returned e mail notifications that i havent sent.
a friend advised me i sent them an e mail with just a link in it. this had been sent whilst my netbook was off and there is nothing in my sent items. i have deleted the returned notifications without thinking, i have no idea what the content is.

i have changed my password and ran my avg anti virus which shows nothing.

i am worried my account has been compromised. is there a way to clear it up without having to close my account as its one i use frequently.

im not a very technical person so simple language is best please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spam-e-mail-from-hotmail-account-601058.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The original folder was full of correspondence, which is now gone. The "sent" folder is nearly empty, except for the 7 e-mails that I wrote in the last two days. The contents of the "sent" folder is not in the regular folder. It's contents are completely gone.
Tried to get answer from hotmail, which, I am sure, will not happen.
Did a virus do this?
My BitDefender found one cookie.
Was it saved elsewhere, perchance?
Can I get the mail back where it belongs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574491/hotmail-deleted-one-folder-and-put-sent-mail-into-it/
Relevancy 47.73%

After installing VZO software the above stopped working, I just get an unable to connect. Steps taken to correct the issue to no avail:
System Restore
Uninstalled vzo
upgraded yahoo
dns flush
disabled firewall- still did not work
lowered security settings

This happens in both firefox and IE
Appreciate the assistance!

A:Cannot use yahoo messenger, mail,hotmail,msn

What errors do you get?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-use-yahoo-messenger-mail-hotmail-msn-419208.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I don't quite understand what the bug-a-boo is with Hotmail and Vista. Like, aren't they both Microsoft, and why did MS launch a OS platform that doesn't support their own mail program????? Duh... Anyway... here is the problem. I downloaded Windows Live Mail, thinking I could utilize my Hotmail account with Vista, but still not working. EXAMPLE: I am on Craigslist... I want to repond to an ad by clicking on the link that shoudl bring me to my mail program.... I got the message that it didn't support my "msn.com" address, so I changed to Yahoo... it will bring up Yahoo mail program, but I want to use my main mail program, msn.com (Hotmail).... how can I utilize accessing the mail links in craigslist ad, for example and have it go to my Hotmail program?
THANKS!
Windows XP was just great! What is Vista all about, anyway?

A:Using Hotmail ([email protected]) mail with Vista

You can use Hotmail with Windows Live Mail...I'm using it at the moment. however my address is "@hotmail.com" and not "msn.com". Howver looking around on the web I found this..

Your mail is here, come and get it!

I have not had time to look at it all, but could be a starting point for your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/115925-using-hotmail-xxxx-msn-com-mail-vista.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Help When running Hotmail via Windows Explorer I am unable to send or save new mail Hotmail will new mail. save not send or I can recieve new mail and I can write replies but thats as far as it will let me go I have spent the last hours looking for a fix on t'internet but with no success There was a suggestion that using a different explorer might help hence I have downloaded the latest Mozilla Firefox When running Hotmail via Mozilla I can now save to drafts but it will still not send new mail or replies In both cases the toolbar that sits directly under the 'Subject Field' box that normally contains the Attachemnt and Photo options has disappeared When using Windows Explorer there is the yellow triangle of doom in the bottom right corner telling me that there are errors on Hotmail will not send or save new mail. the page UNSPECIFIED ERROR c a ie js line Code Char I have run a full virus sweep and found no issues my protection status and settings have not been changed and my hotmail account will run fine on any other computer including my iPhone I have created a new hotmail account which Hotmail will not send or save new mail. displays the same error message on my computer What is going on Many Thanks James

A:Hotmail will not send or save new mail.

Hi Jimbobulator,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

If you're getting these problems through browser access, then there may be some type of setup, configuration, or other problem with your account or something basic missing in Vista (see the comment about Java below). I recommend you post to the following forum for assistance (and you can browse it to see if your questions have already been asked and answered as well): Sending and Receiving Mail Threads. If the problem exists with both Mozilla and Explorer, then it probably isn't the browser - but it may be with something related to the browsers (like an add-on).

Since it seems to work on other computers, you might try a System Restore on the computer that isn't working to see if that resolves the problem. Do you know when this problem began? Try a System Restore to a point in time BEFORE the problem began. Here's the procedure: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html. Be sure to check the box to show more than 5 days of restore points. If the first attempt fails, then try an earlier point or two. NOTE: You will have to re-install any software and updates you installed between now and the restore point, but you can use Windows Update for the updates.

You could also try downloading and installing the most recent version of Java (since the error message seems to be java-related and updating may resolve the problem). http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. Make sure you download the correct version for your version of Vista. There are also installation instructions next to the download link if you care to review them before proceeding.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/284357-hotmail-will-not-send-save-new-mail.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am unable to open or delete my hotmail or deal with any of my folders I suspect a virus as I can or Can't open hotmail folders e-mail access Can't open hotmail e-mail or folders them on another computer No other programmes seem to be effected I noticed the problem when Avast Pro stopped working and someone had used a flash drive on my computer I installed Malwarebytes and a scan revealed several spyware and adaware viruses and one called Registrey key HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Current Can't open hotmail e-mail or folders Version U I deleted these and also did a system restore to the earliest date permitted JustAnswer also suggested adjustments to my browser settings Firefox and trying another browser I tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome Nothing has helped and I have had to import my hotmail to another e-mail provider I am also unable to access the Microsoft hotmail forum site it tries to connect but the tab at the top of the page keeps flickering and disconnecting and reconnecting Does anyone have any further suggestions Can't open hotmail e-mail or folders apart from a system restore to the original settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-hotmail-e-mail-or-folders-623218.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My wife has a hotmail account that we access through live mail.She keeps getting an e-mail 6 or 7 times
a day from a certain address.Here is the address:[email protected] tried to block it but keeps coming back with a different first name.Is there any other way I can block this,thank-you.

A:Windows Live Mail(Hotmail)

If they are all coming from the same domain, @jobstoinbox.com, you may be able to block it.

http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et112701.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591988/windows-live-mailhotmail/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello!
it's been a while since I can no long log into my hotmail (outlook) account via mail app.
I tried to log in using Internet Explorer and my account opens without any problem.
any help please.

A:Can't log into my hotmail account via Mail App anymore

I tried to connect my Yahoo account and it worked, but I don't know how ot log out

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/53595-cant-log-into-my-hotmail-account-via-mail-app-anymore.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear expert My wifes hotmail sends spam without we know it That is all the people in her addressbook get mail sends knowing me hotmail my mail without with no or useless subjects The mail contains a link to http disokut tripod com I have disconnected her laptop from the internet and she uses hotmail my hotmail sends mail without me knowing from another laptop The spam seems to haved stopped On the infected laptop I ran the tools suggested dds gmer The output from dds in included here The results of ark and attach has been attached in attach zip Regards Tom ------ DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Joke at on di - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Fujitsu Siemens Computers SystemDiagnostics OnlineDiagnostic TestManager TestHandler exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files SiS VGA Utilities SiSTray exe C Program Files FSC TouchPad HotKey Utility TouchPad HotKey exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files FSC Wireless Utility WirelessSelector exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Joke Desktop dds scr C Windows system conime exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www fujitsu-siemens com index uDefault Page URL hxxp www fujitsu-siemens com index mDefault Page URL hxxp www fujitsu-siemens com index uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Help bij koppelingen e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB ... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

My hotmail is sending spam - don't know if it's a virus on my laptop or my account has been compromised Fairly new laptop - Mozilla freezes up a lot and crashes but I put that hotmail mail sending spam down to the size of the laptop DDS scans posted and attached - gmer report from scan last week attached will update with new one asap Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by VIP at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe hotmail sending spam mail C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe hotmail sending spam mail C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS explorer exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com au BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun MSC quot c program files microsoft security client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe auto mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces CC F FC- D - D-B F - DDFFD CC F DhcpNameServer Handler grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - c program files microsoft office office GrooveSystemServices dll Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll SEH Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook b a f -dda - -b ba- e cd - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings vip application data mozilla firefox profiles jajbgnpf default FF - plugin c program files adobe reader reader air nppdf dll FF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleUpdate dll FF - plugin c program files java jre bin new plugin npdeployJava dll SERVICES DRIVERS R MpFilter Microsoft Malware Protection Driver c windows system drivers MpFilter sys - - R MpKsl a c ef MpKsl a c ef c documents and settings all users application data microsoft microsoft antimalware definition updates ec f- dd - -bec - cb mpksl a c ef sys -- gt c documents and settings all users application data microsoft microsoft antimalware definition updates ec f- dd - -bec - cb MpKs... Read more

A:hotmail sending spam mail

Welcome to TSF.

I'm K27 and I am currently reviewing your log.

Please DO NOT run any scans/tools/fixes on your own as this will conflict with the tools we are going to use.

Please Print or Save to Notepad all instructions and please follow them carefully and if there's something you don't understand or that will not work please let me know and we will go through it together.

Please DO NOT use this system for anything apart from visiting this forum and other sites I direct you too, as this will only make the cleanup process all the more difficult.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed. This is to free up my time so as to continue to help others. If you need longer to reply, then that is fine, but please to let me know.

Using a Known Clean Computer, please change the hotmail password to something of at least eight charterers with a mixture of upper and lower case nutters and a few numbers.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Please post back the MBAM log and a fresh set of DDS logs.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hotmail-sending-spam-mail-602698.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys, i have searched the hotmail archives with no luck ..please tell me if its at all possible to delete Hotmail E Mail addresses no longer wanted permanantly .. its easy enough to remove the names from the contacts list , but not the actual e mail addy .. thanks for any help Micky
sorry i think i have posted this on the wrong site !!!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I do have a friend who is having a strange problem Hotmail/E-mail MSN with Chat Problems and in their computer since there was problems with DSL connection in our location there was certain moments the DSL connection was extremly slow and ISP was called in and checked the problem the ISP managed to reset the modem Alcatel Speed Touch Pro that has ports but do have currently computers on it and was able to surf back on the internet and with music streaming But the problem presented it self that you cannot open the hotmail when you do try you get the message This page cannot be displayed If you want to go on MSN Chat you can see who is online but you cannot chat send instant message Another problem I note is with the Problems with Hotmail/E-mail and MSN Chat local e-mail in Outlook Express you can receive them but Problems with Hotmail/E-mail and MSN Chat if you try to send an e-mail it will not go The modem router is not so old only and a half year old so I cannot think the modem can already give technical problems For the most part you can surf o k on the internet when the ISP came by to check the problem with their laptop they say the modem is o k but I do not understand why the trouble is still with MSN Chat and hotmail and local e-mail Any advice or help will be highly appreciated Thanks Richinald

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/problems-with-hotmail-e-mail-and-msn-chat-67177.html
Relevancy 47.3%

At our company we use Lotus Notes for email There is currently one user who is trying to use the option within MS Office to send the document to someone via email but when she clicks the option to mail as PDF she gets the error message quot Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client quot Things we have tried in no particular order - uninstall amp reinstall Lotus Notes - modify the installation of MS Office Pro - removed Outlook - reinstalled Outlook - using quot Default Programs or cannot Solved: there Either mail current the is no mail client fulf client default quot set Lotus as the default mail client None of these changed what happens At this time the user is saving the file as PDF to the desktop then attaching it to an email System settings Windows Pro w SP bit MS Office Pro w SP Lotus Notes Any suggestions would be Solved: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulf greatly appreciated Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulf

Can any of the others in this office do this on their machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-either-there-is-no-default-mail-client-or-the-current-mail-client-cannot-fulf.1128954/
Relevancy 47.3%

Worked a while ago, but hasn't worked for a couple months now. I can login to Hotmail via the web and Gmail and Charter accounts are working in LiveMail. No Hotmail though.
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (fiatdood) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

A:Unable to login to Hotmail with Live Mail

Originally Posted by XDetoursX

Worked a while ago, but hasn't worked for a couple months now. I can login to Hotmail via the web and Gmail and Charter accounts are working in LiveMail. No Hotmail though.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (fiatdood) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

---Hotmail does not work for some ppl. lately, can't send mail, etc; so YOU are not the only one!---so, some ppl. do not use it anymore---(I check my Hotmail daily at a local library free-pc-use, or at any pc/cafe)---also, a notice was sent out by Hotmail, that they NO longer can be set on your pc as the 'default' email setting---

peace

http://www.vistax64.com/software/228562-unable-login-hotmail-live-mail.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys,

I have encountered a new problem with my computer. Every time I try to go on the aforementioned web-pages (I use Google Chrome), a yellow window opens up warning me the website is insecure. I click on the button that says that I accept the risks and I reach the page but in the web-address bar, the 'https' is red and is crossed out with a line. When I log-in, the web-page looks "screwy" with all the words everywhere. I don't have any extensions installed and putting it into default settings hasn't done the trick. I installed Firefox and I seem to have the same problem logging into these sites. I'm writing to you know from a school computer as it was basically impossible to register to the forum otherwise.

What am I dealing with here?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528625/difficulty-opening-fb-twitter-g-mail-hotmail-etc/
Relevancy 47.3%

I can't open it, either in i.e. or firefox

Thanks,
Boyd.

A:hotmail/windows live mail disappeared.

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hotmail-windows-live-mail-disappeared.1113598/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have two outlook/Hotmail accounts. One I log into the PC with (which is pretty crappy by the way and is a huge hassle in Windows 10 IMO).
In the mail app, I was able to add the mailbox of the one I use, however I have a second email account through Hotmail that when I try to add the account to the mail app, it asks me to verify with a pin. I have never used a PIN with this account. I went to settings and sign in option, and have an option to change the pin, however it is wanting to change the main account that I log into the pc. The pin appears to be 4 digits (it only allows 4 characters before it auto enters) unlike the main pin which is 8 or 9 numbers.

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

A:Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

Hi Bryan, welcome to the Ten Forums.
The PIN the Mail app asks for the verification when a new / another Microsoft email account (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, MSN) is added is the PIN for the Microsoft Account you use to sign in to Windows.

An example: Let's say your Windows 10 sign-in MS account is [email protected], and when signed in using that MS account you want to add your second Microsoft email address [email protected] to the mail app. You enter the credentials for the [email protected], and when done, the Mail app wants to check you are really the user [email protected], the user currently signed in to Windows. To verify this you need to enter the PIN of the current Windows sign-in account, the one of [email protected]

I've only seen this to happen when adding any of the Microsoft's email accounts to the mail app. Adding for instance a Gmail account does not ask it.

Confusing, I have difficulties to understand myself what I just wrote! I hope you get it, though.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/36449-asks-pin-when-adding-different-hotmail-account-mail-app.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail Application a try.
Unfortunately I cannot get it to do a darned thing:-
1. With my Hotmail account I get error code 0x80070032. I've tried a couple of suggested "solutions" without success.
2. With my Gmail account I get "We didn't find anything to show here" or "Still working on it". Either way nothing shows up.

Maybe I should just stick with MS Outlook.

However, if anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

A:Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

For your Hotmail account, change the setting for getting the emails to 'last 3 days' and see if it works. If it does, change it back to whatever interval selection you want.

Usually when Google or other account say those, it's also a syncing issue. Might want to try playing with those settings as well.

I have both outlook.com (same as Hotmail) and Google working in the new Windows 10 mail app and even on my Windows 10 phone preview build. So they can work if you find the problems with your settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/20873-cannot-get-mail-app-work-gmail-hotmail-accounts.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A member of my Computer Club has Windows Mail on a Vista setup She had two email accounts set up and wanted to add her Hotmail Account After the second set up screen she got the message quot Windows Live mail no longer supports HTTP mail accounts like Hotmail Create a new account quot So I found this guide Select Tools Accounts from the menu in Windows Mail Click Add Make sure E-mail Account is highlighted Click in Windows up Settting Hotmail Account Mail Next Enter your full name under Display Name Click Next Type your Windows Live Hotmail Settting up Hotmail Account in Windows Mail address under E-mail address Click Next Make sure POP is selected under Incoming e-mail server type Type quot pop live com quot under Incoming mail server Enter quot smtp live com quot under Outgoing e-mail server SMTP name Make sure Outgoing server requires authentication is checked Click Next Type your full Windows Live Hotmail email address under E-mail username Enter your emails password under Password Click Next Make sure Do not download my e-mail at this time is checked Click Finish Highlight the new account in the list Click Properties Go to the Advanced tab Make sure This server requires a secure connection SSL is checked under both Outgoing mail SMTP and Incoming mail POP Type quot quot under Outgoing server SMTP If the number under Incoming server POP is not quot quot enter quot quot there But of course a soon as she got to she got the same message There is no option to manually configure the settings My workaround was to enter on the second set up screen a ficticious email address but one that would be the recognised format for a POP account anything anywhere com Then you can see this account in the list of email accounts Just click on it select properties and complete the settings as shown When finished highlight the account again click properties and edit the email address to the correct hotmail acount click Apply and OK All done works perfectly This may help others with the same problem

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/300229-settting-up-hotmail-account-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys

I got this peoblem with Windows live mail
I've had my email adress for so long, but now it refuses to even log on in the adress
at first it gave me an error that password is wrong, and I'm sure it wasn't, so I reset it to my alternative email, but then I got a new error:

Quote:

Sign-in is blocked
Sign-in with [email protected] is blocked for one of these reasons:
Someone entered the wrong password too many times.
If you signed up for this ID through an organization, you might not be able to use the account yet.

I have no clue what is happening, how I could enter the wrong password too many times and I just reset it!

any ideas?
Thanks!

A:Windows Live Mail (Hotmail) Problem

See if you can sign in at Hotmail - Sign In

Check Live ID info - https://mid.live.com/si/login.aspx

Regards. . .

John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-hotmail-problem-552049.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Every time I send an email from my windows live mail account to a hotmail account it shows as sent but the person is not receiving it
I can send to gmail and i can send any other emails but just not hotmail
Any idea why this is happening and a solution please
thanks

A:sending from windows live mail to hotmail

Can you ping their address?

Try "WinKey + R" , "PING hotmail.com".....

Do you get a reply from their main?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/174882-sending-windows-live-mail-hotmail.html