Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to Youtube

Q: Can't connect to Youtube

Win 7 Pro RAM 4GB 64-bit OS all updates and Patch.
Until about 2 weeks ago I had no problem opening Youtube.
Now, I get error message: "Oooops! IE/Firefox/Chrome could not connect to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.. Try reloading."

I have cleared cache, Java uninstall/reinstall - have not changed anything - I don't go messing in the Registry.

This is the only website I am not able to enter.
Would really appreciate your help.
Thank you - Donna

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to Youtube

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect to Youtube

First, you need to make sure Malware is not affecting your system. Download this,

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1 - FileHippo.com

Install it, update the database and run a FULL scan.

If it finds anything, post the log here.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/159784-cant-connect-youtube.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For past one month I can't connect to youtube. I tried to connect with both opera and chrome. I can connect to google, gmail and other websites. Can anyone help me pls

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-youtube.1169740/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone.

So, when i try to connect to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself., after i press enter the browser change the URL to http://175.106.13.60/index.html. This happens in all of my browser. But, after i search in google, i found someone with this problem to(here is the link to his forum: Can't open youtube only), but it seems that we have different symptoms. I don't have this 115.47.207.146 YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.. So, any other suggestion.

Please help. Thank you.

A:I could not connect to youtube.com

Here is some extra information. Hope it helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/i-could-not-connect-to-youtube-com-619971.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there everyone! I'm new here. I've been having trouble with connecting to YouTube today. There are no error signs, no response whatsoever!
Whenever I try to get on youtube, the window goes back to my homepage. I don't know what's causing this and I really need help! Thanks a million!

A:Please, why can't I connect to youtube?

Welcome to the Seven Forums!

That is a weird problem and the first thing that I would do is install, update and scan with Malwarebytes:
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61 - FileHippo.com
Let it remove anything that it finds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/237894-please-why-cant-i-connect-youtube.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell laptop using Winows 7 and I haven't been able to get into youtube. I get an error message saying www.youtube.com refused to connect ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I saw a post to another guy to change his IP address, but if I do can it have a negative effect on anything else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-youtube.1168476/
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright, I wanted a 720p video off youtube.com. After a bit of research I found that someone had already found out how to do it. Well kinda, It didn't work for me, instead of downloading that video i'm stuck not able to connect to youtube.com

This is the code i used to try and download the video... RIGHT after that I was no longer able to connect to youtube.com.

javascript:window.location.href = 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + swfArgs['video_id'] + "&fmt=22" + "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];

This is the website I got my information.....

Also it's important to note that I've tried connecting on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, And Firefox with no luck.

Does anyone know how i might be able to fix this problem?

A:Can't Connect to YouTube.com <-Tuffy (At least look) ;)

sorry it is in the youtibe terms and conditions, we are not allowed to help with any illegal activties.

please read youtubes terms and condtions

http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

and our forums rules:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

thread closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-connect-to-youtube-com-tuffy-at-least-look-346096.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I new so forgive if this is to Unable to YouTube connect the wrong forum or such I m suddenly not Unable to connect to YouTube able to connect to Youtube I checked on Chrome Firefox IE and Safari none connect I was watching a video then went to a new one and got an error message quot Cannot connect to webpage quot DNS Error It s only YouTube I flushed the DNS reset IP with command prompt checked C Windows Systems etc Hosts nothing wrong there according to another post on here Cleared cache also I haven t updated or changed anything in the last days I checked the proxy settings and they re also fine as are my firewalls I m currently running Adwcleaner Anti-Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to see if its a virus problem but I don t think it is Any help is very much appreciated System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RYX Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:Unable to connect to YouTube

try ping youtube.com

and a tracert youtube.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping & Tracert Tests

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
ping youtube.com
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
tracert youtube.com
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-youtube.1145242/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can someone pls analyze this hijack log for me and tell me how to recover the computer Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched Connect Other Websites. Cannot To Youtube Or exeC WINDOWS VMSnap EXEC WINDOWS Domino EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files MUSTEK UB Driver WATCH exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Cannot Connect To Youtube Or Other Websites. Live WLLoginProxy exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC DOCUME netcafe LOCALS Temp Ge ici Dizin Cannot Connect To Youtube Or Other Websites. HiJackThis zip i in HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Cannot Connect To Youtube Or Other Websites. Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www youtube com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Ba lant larO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO HP Smart Web Printing - AE A AA-A - B -B -C E E FE - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing SmartWebPrinting dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar LEC - DBAB -A - e-AFE -CF DD E - C Program Files Power Translator Applications LEC IE Translation Extension dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exeO - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run VMSnap C WINDOWS VMSnap EXEO - HKLM Run Domino C WINDOWS Domino EXEO - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC PLH O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS sy... Read more

A:Cannot Connect To Youtube Or Other Websites.

Hi,

Your issue is not malware related since there's nothing suspicious in your log, but your log does display the cause which is Your Nvidia Firewall.

Please uninstall the Nvidia Firewall (Network Access Manager) via software > add/remove programs. That should solve your problem, since this Firewall is indeed causing similar problems. This is a known fact.
Reboot after uninstalling.

Let me know if that solved your issue.

Also, don't forget to install another Firewall afterwards. Look in my signature below under Firewalls for the ones I recommend. Only install one!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126453/cannot-connect-to-youtube-or-other-websites/
Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3682 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 280151 MB, Free - 129763 MB; D: Total - 23953 MB, Free - 2846 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 188B
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I can't connect to youtube on any browser. I can go to any other website with no problem.
Can someone help me with this problem
Thanks, Roy

Relevancy 48.16%

All of a sudden I can't access youtube, photobucket, imageshack, and generally sites that let you access uploaded videos or pictures.
If I attempt to go to the home page of the website, it simply starts loading, shows a blank page for a while and eventually states that the connection failed.
I've tried:Disabling all my Addons
Clearing my cache, cookies etc.
Changing my security and privacy settings
Checking that it is not blocked in any way
All to no avail. I can access the same websites fine through IE7, but needless to say it's more than slightly awkward having to have a whole new browser open just to see a single video/picture and whatnot.

My internet provider is BT, and I do not have regular connection issues, although recently there was troubles with the local DNS server which caused issues with connecting to most internet webpages. That situation was seemingly resolved, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/cannot-connect-to-youtube-photobucket-imageshack-420449.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Win 8.1 RAM 8GB 64-bit OS

I can't connect to YouTube at all now with any browsers or other in-game clients.

But I can access to this site via Anonymouse.org, but I can't watch the videos inside.

I have cleared the cache and done whatever Goggle tells me to do, but it just doesn't work.

Please help me with this.

Thank you.

A:Cannot connect to YouTube with any browsers and clients.

Welcome to Windows EightForums, larry G.

The only thing I can think of that’s in common is Flash Player. It’s got to be corrupt. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall? What has Google told you thus far? Run a full virus scan?

You may want to try:

DISM to Fix Component Store Corruption:
DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

Try running scannow at least three times:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/40902-cannot-connect-youtube-any-browsers-clients.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I use Everio Mediabrowser to download my JVC videos. I can upload directly to You Tube on it but since I started using W7 (64 bit home) I get an error it cannot connect to Internet.

It works fine on my other laptop that runs XP so I'm thinking it is a W7 issue not my software.

I had this same problem when I loaded my tax software on my laptop with W7 - when I tried to go directly to register the software it would not connect to the Internet.

I have no other problems connecting ,
Can anyone suggest what is blocking this connection that I can change?
Thanks
pat

A:cant connect to Youtube from Everio Mediabrowser

If you have a firewall running, it may be blocking those programs from accessing the internet. You need to add exceptions for those programs in the firewall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/79469-cant-connect-youtube-everio-mediabrowser.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a jaibroken Ipod touch 4g running iOS 4.1, and every time I try to connect to youtube via the default app on the device, Mxtube, or any of the yourtubes, all I get is a notification saying "Cannot Connect To Youtube. Also, I saw that the date and time settings could effect it, but mine's right, and it's still broken. What should I do?

A:Ipod Touch Can't Connect To Youtube

Ok, now, when I pushed the lock button to turn my ipod off, it displayed the apple logo, like normal, but its still on now, what should I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-touch-cant-connect-to-youtube.957490/
Relevancy 48.16%

Here's an odd one for you.

My internet here is fine except for when it comes to facebook or YouTube. I've tried a pc with xp, a laptop which has windows 7 on, and my iphone all to no avail. The laptop works with it fine on other wifi networks as does the phone. The rest of the internet is accessible without issue. It does work rarely but it seems to be random.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do?

I've got a HiJack log I can post if needed

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok here's the situation About a few days ago I seem to be having trouble with google and youtube when it comes to connecting to those websites I am using firefox Firefox has these tabs on the top When I click on Google either connect. slow are won't youtube and or a link in google or youtube it would normally show a grey circle and connecting right beside it The grey circle becomes a bluish green one and then the page loads Not this time Instead after saying connecting the page stays the same as the previous one Youtube videos would take a long time to load up while before it didn't seem to have the problem This only happens when I click on a google or youtube search result link or try to type in something within google search Google and youtube are either slow or won't connect. or youtube search and Google and youtube are either slow or won't connect. tell it to search Does anyone here seem to have the same problem where other websites are fine except for google and youtube I also have a suspicion that Flash may be the cause but I don't really know since I also recently updated flash a few Google and youtube are either slow or won't connect. days ago

A:Google and youtube are either slow or won't connect.

Use Chrome and see how Google/YouTube run. If they run fine in Chrome then you may have missed a Firefox update, or need a more recent add-on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546009/google-and-youtube-are-either-slow-or-wont-connect/
Relevancy 47.73%

Good day everyone! I recently bought a new lappy(Sony Vaio SVE14112EGW- http://www.sony.com.ph/product/sve14112eg ) yet when i started connecting it to net(facebook and youtube accts), it shows that the page cannot be displayed/the site took too long to respond. Other sites like google and watchop are ok. I already checked my ip and its also ok yet it still won't open those said sites. Im afraid to do something since i'm not that knowledgeable in fixing computer/network. Please do help me. I'll definitely appreciate it!

A:Sony Vaio SVE14112EGW cant connect to FB & youtube

do you have any other devices at home and do they work ok - if not -
have you tried the pc anywhere else - coffee shop, friends house - just to make sure its not an ISP issue

this maybe a malware issue
but first check

Checking the Host file
Open Notepad - Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Notepad select "Run as Administrator" to open a notepad
Now goto 'File' > 'Open' and browse to the HOSTS file - which will be located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc. - you may need to change the drop down box next to the file name:box from Text Documents (*.txt) to ALL Files (*.*)
The file should look like the info at the bottom of this post

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Once you are finished, go up to 'File' and click 'Save'. Make sure to change the Save as Type: box to All files.
Otherwise, Notepad may add a .txt extension to the file which will keep it from working. If you don't have your system set to show extensions, it's easy to miss that.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-sve14112egw-cant-connect-to-fb-youtube.1085267/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys, this problem has been haunting me for couple days . At first I thought "oh well I can still watch youtube or use facebook on my phone." but I was wrong, the phone screen is too small ._.
I have no idea how this happened, I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance!

Edit1: I've tried on many different browsers (firefox, chrome, IE) non of them work.
I've tried to disable firewalls, disable starting services, check the HOSTS file. Again, no luck...

A:Solved: Can't connect to Youtube, Facebook, or Twitter?

Try updating your Network Adapter Driver, especially if it's a Realtek.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-youtube-facebook-or-twitter.1064134/
Relevancy 47.73%

hello guys, when i try to connect google or youtube, i get this:

"This webpage is not available"

or

"SSL Connection Error"

probably this is related: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524297/i-cant-change-my-default-search-engine-to-google-from-speedbit/

thanks in advance.

A:occasional error when i try to connect google or youtube

can someone please help me?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527789/occasional-error-when-i-try-to-connect-google-or-youtube/
Relevancy 47.3%

Why can't I connect to youtube on my HP530 with vista family basic sp2.
I've add the youtube.com into the exception list of the firewall and try many times, but still it cannot be connected!

A:Why can't I connect to youtube on my HP530 with vista family basic sp2

what browser are you using? did you try another browser to see if it is a browser issue or something else? if not, give it a try.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/why-cant-i-connect-to-youtube-on-my-hp530-with-vista-family-basic-sp2-511067.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Using a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN on HP dv8 running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (clean install) with all the latest updates and drivers.

For some weird reason I can connect to any other website but YouTube and Facebook. I can connect to YouTube after I run ipconfig /flushdns a few times but still not able to connect to Facebook.

After I restart the OS I am not able to connect to both YouTube or Facebook.

This is very weird, I have tired the solution in "Network Posting Tips" section and still not working.

I do not have any anti-virus or security suite running or installed on my system. I use scheduled image backups with Acronis.

A:Weird connection issue, cannot connect to YouTube and Facebook.

I just noticed my DNS Server was changed to use a specific address instead of "Obtain DNS....automatically". Maybe some program I installed recently changed this but everything is working fine now.

Problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145562-weird-connection-issue-cannot-connect-youtube-facebook.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello dear helper I ve already run several anti-malware programs by the advice of a helper on this site Though it is running Youtube, 'popular' sites etc. such Facebook, to to connect Translate, Unable as Google much better now there remains one problem The problem that my computer Unable to connect to 'popular' sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Google Translate, etc. is having seems to appear on and off and on and off Basically in Firefox when I try to enter certain popular sites such as Facebook it will be unable to connect During these periods of time other popular sites such as Youtube or Gmail will also refuse to connect More obscure sites blogs news etc will work perfectly Meanwhile if I try to enter these sites with Internet Explorer I get redirected to an fake Adobe Flash downloader page http tinypic com view php pic ctue amp s Then all of a sudden everything will function normally Without any change or warning the sites will stop working again And the cycle repeats I hope someone can help Thank you for your time Here is my DSS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Amy at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral ccf dd cb af STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Hpservice exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral ccf dd cb af AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files x Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection ProtectionUtilSurrogate exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Users Amy AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x G... Read more

A:Unable to connect to 'popular' sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Google Translate, etc.

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480973/unable-to-connect-to-popular-sites-such-as-facebook-youtube-google-translate-etc/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I created an additional youtube account and now can no longer access youtube at all I have seen several similar questions asked about this online - all of which found no answer So who ever can solve this will be please! I additional youtube/google an get Help youtube! creating can't After account a genius I created an additional youtube account and the forcefully linked google account that comes with it Upon completion the screen froze So I closed the windows signed out and back into explorer searched 'youtube' clicked it and it would not enter the Help please! After creating an additional youtube/google account I can't get youtube! site - the loading bar freezing half way with a blank white page displaying At first I didn't take it seriously as I've had no trouble with youtube before But it soon became clear I had a real problem This is what I've tried so far Signing out of Help please! After creating an additional youtube/google account I can't get youtube! my google account Signing in to my other youtube google accounts via the google account page and selecting the option to enable multiple account use Signing in to my other youtube google accounts via the google site and deleting them one by one Norton quick scan Norton full system scan and repair Norton Utilities - clean disks computer and internet traces Norton Utilities - clean registry Web safety - delete browsing history Downloaded Opera - to see if a new default browser would work Attempted to download and utilize Adobe Flash Player - incase my flash player was crashed - but I don't see how it could have crashed and it seems a lot more likely that it was due to me creating an additional youtube google account since the problem occured directly after doing so In any case the Adobe Flash Player didn't seem to download properly or launch when downloaded times Tried just waiting it out but problem still very much in play the next day and this evening Have followed what littlle clues shared on similar questions asked online - all led to a dead end Have tried asking for help on yahoo and google answers but next to no replies Followed the advises of the only responding reply below Checked my host file for google com - it was not there so didn't have to remove it Uninstalled flash and downloaded it again Pinged youtube com and it is pinging correctly Now my only hope is that some genius who knows a way to fix this will come up with a solution I'm out of ideas now And the problem remains the same - can't access youtube AT ALL with or without being logged into an account Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you don't know the answer to this - perhaps you could tell me If I was to change the sim card in my dongle - would that give me a new IP address I'm just thinking maybe youtube google accounts have blocked my IP address for creating additional accounts - although that does seem highley unlikely Any help or ideas greatly appreciated

A:Help please! After creating an additional youtube/google account I can't get youtube!

Is it against their rules to create multiple accounts? If they blocked you then I do believe it is the policy here that no help can be offered to get around it.

I'd try a different computer from the same location, see if it has the same issues or not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-please-after-creating-an-additional-youtube-google-account-i-cant-get-youtube-578492.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I was on Twitch tv today and noticed that all YouTube links posted are not directing me to YouTube They are not redirecting me per say but actually changing the hover URL and URL on click I'll post a picture to give you an idea links YouTube site redirecting to YouTube clone Using Win x I have asked people to post links to various YouTube links redirecting to YouTube clone site sites on Twitch tv it seems it is only YouTube that is redirecting me if that helps http imgur com EedUXrR Do Not Click This YouTube links redirecting to YouTube clone site Link Mod Edit deactivated potentilaly malicious link - Hamluis hxxx xibkvsqamifcriaksj jawda cuphoobottle com wFENxaaxaDSHD SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg bAhEKQhVCF wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg DQ AfA ZHFENAG FcEVlDEkJfQU ESUETFAdaW dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ M Ixj q plhxZO hxxx xibkvsqamifcriaksj jawda cuphoobottle com wFENxaaxaDSHD SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg bAhEKQhVCF wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg DQ AfA ZHFENAG FcEVlDEkJfQU ESUETFAdaW dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ M Ixj q plhxZO hxxx xibkvsqamifcriaksj jawda cuphoobottle com wFENxaaxaDSHD SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg bAhEKQhVCF wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg DQ AfA ZHFENAG FcEVlDEkJfQU ESUETFAdaW dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ M Ixj q plhxZO hxxx xibkvsqamifcriaksj jawda cuphoobottle com wFENxaaxaDSHD SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg bAhEKQhVCF wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg DQ AfA ZHFENAG FcEVlDEkJfQU ESUETFAdaW dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ M Ixj q plhxZO is the URL the link takes me to which looks exactly like YouTube but videos do not play etc Upon clicking the Sign In button at the top of the screen it logs me in to the YouTube links redirecting to YouTube clone site real YouTube and continues to play videos I clicked sign in before I realized that it wasn't the real YouTube website I have run Avast MBAM and TDSSKiller They all returned No infections found Not sure what to do now so I am posting here I hope someone can help Thanks

A:YouTube links redirecting to YouTube clone site

did you put in things like password and username when you pressed the sign in button ? if yes then change password in case you lose your account

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620402/youtube-links-redirecting-to-youtube-clone-site/
Relevancy 40.85%

This is getting to be frustrating. I just bought a new Vaio laptop with the following specs:

Intel Core i3 370M 2.4 GHz processor
4GB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
500GB HDD
17" monitor
Blu-ray player

I can watch YouTube videos only if they're embedded on other pages or if I copy the url from the embed code. On YouTube, I get these strange artifacts, and while I can hear the video playing, I cannot actually watch it. This is frustrating, obviously, and I don't know what to do because nobody else's problem seems to match mine exactly (they receive error messages and the like).

EDIT: I have fixed the problem. Turned off hardware acceleration in the settings menu. Thank you all for your help.

Relevancy 39.99%

This started yesterday. I go to a youtube video and I see the "f" icon in the middle of the video screen ... when I point my mouse at it ... it should change to an arrow icon but it will not do anything. Just that "f" icon in the middle of a black youtube video screen. I don't have any problem watching with windows xp.

Anyone know what is going on???? I don't have any problems watching video at other sites ... I can watch youtube videos at other sites, but the videos won't play while at youtube.

Relevancy 39.99%

Your Problem: YouTube videos do not play, and many YouTube site buttons no longer work. You've torn your hair out all week re-installing Flash and Java, and are about ready to take a baseball bat to your computer.

Possible Solution: Check the lower-right edge of your browser window for an "S" logo representing the NoScript extension for Firefox. If it's there, right-click and "allow" ytimg.com. Wait a few seconds while the page refreshes.
-- That's it.
(Sticky request.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130821/if-youtube-vids-dont-appear-on-youtube-but-play-if-embedded-elsewhere/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am not able to log in to youtube using a variety of browsers. First encountered the problem in Chrome. After disconnecting my Google account from Chrome, I couldn't sign in to Chrome using my Google account either, but was able to after blocking cookies. Still not able to access youtube while signed in.

I am using Windows 8.1.

A:Cannot access youtube while signed in or log in to youtube on any browser

Clear cookies and cache: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_dBB6AWR4Y

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cannot-access-youtube-while-signed-in-or-log-in-to-youtube-on-any-browser-849017.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I do not have the Photo- want Connect HP Connect gone Connect Drive, them Music, skill set to follow along with HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone some of the threads on this subject at this site to rid this laptop off these HP Connect cloud things that I've read rope users into their basic service then end up charging people for the service This laptop is an HP Envy and it has a T HD There is no need for cloud storage and HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone besides which my friend who now owns this laptop really can't afford to pay for those types of services anyway Supposedly I should be able to go to that start screen and right click on the associated icon to uninstall them from there Didn't work I was sent to add remove programs and they're not listed there to uninstall I installed something called ZSoft uninstaller that was free hoping maybe they'd show up as programs there so I could uninstall them They didn't appear as programs there either I think I found them but don't quite know what to do with them They're here- This PC gt App Data gt Roaming gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Start Menu gt Programs Would someone be in a position to talk me through getting rid of them for my friend Please go easy on me I'm not much more computer literate than my friend and don't know what most acronyms the members use here stand for other than the most obvious such as HP for Hewlett-Packard OS for operating system and PC for personal computer

A:HP Connect Drive, Connect Music, Connect Photo- want them gone

It's possible these are Metro Apps. You can uninstall them using this guide. If  you do not see the app on the Metro UI page then search for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-an-app-in-windows-8/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586628/hp-connect-drive-connect-music-connect-photo-want-them-gone/
Relevancy 30.53%

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me push the reset button and I was able to connect to the internet again. I mentioned how slow it takes for pages to load. She said if I have two firewalls running that can happen, then eventually it blocks your internet connection. I have the free Avira and am only using the Windows Firewall. She said the Verizon router has a firewall but it's a low security. So I went on the internet was able to get on some sites, but then others wouldn't connect again, said there is no internet connection. All the lights on the router are on. So far it's still working, but this is what happened before when I lost my connection completely.

I have Windows XP, tried it both on IE 8 and Firefox. The router is an Actiontec MI42WR. The problem was with both my desktop and laptop wired connections.

Relevancy 30.53%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 30.53%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 30.53%

She keeps loosing connection then has to wait until network - connect wireless still home connect/doesn't win 7 looses it decides it can connect again She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access http www sevenforums com network-s reconnect html the symptom has been occurring for at least a month and more We are on a wireless still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network network Uverse and have not had any problems with this still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network wireless network One thing i notice is that her icon for the connect shows one less bar than mine shows I should be the same they are both HP machines and sit in the same spot when it is not connected and the icon is clicked it does not show our connect name as an option Sometimes rebooting solves the problem sometimes clicking 'connect' does It will work for a while and then she looses the connect I am not sure that her problems started when she got that quot conduit quot search malware I had only partially removed it it was still resident when another tab on her firefox was opened Yesterday i found some additional information to remove the settings from registry and thought that had cured it But apparently it did not we are now back to the disconnect problem last i tried it it wouldn't even connect on restart Right now she is saying that its been doing pretty well for about five minutes Probably wont last long I don't really know why this all started I think it went back before the 'conduit' thing got installed She usually doesn't say anything to me she sits there and waits until it will connect so i don't always know what's going on Need suggestions as to look for settings to be changed etc By the way i got her repair disks and tried a repair its windows home and it decided there was nothing to repair Please help we are tearing our hair out - J

A:still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network

How far away from your computers is the router? Also; have you tried to power cycle the modem and router? If not; i would try that. Unplug both the modem and router; wait about a minute; then plug in the modem first; let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try doing that and see if it helps the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324656-still-looses-connect-doesnt-connect-win-7-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello guys I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things Unfortunately I am having problems connecting to the internet I have a temporary dongle in place and because it's my only option for about a month I kinda need it to work When I first connected it I found my connection "Windows this to connect internet was to netwo connect Can't unable to and I successfully connected I downloaded Google Chrome and Steam then unfortunately it randomly stopped working Where the strength bar should of been there was a large red cross when I found my connection it read quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I Googled this and people said delete your connection and reconnect that didn't work so then I tried to set my Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo security type to something different or off as recommended in a solved post the problem persisted Now after restarting my computer several times it sometimes rejects my password or comes up with the quot the settings for the network quot and on rare occasions it connects then minutes later comes up wit my original problem I have tried resetting my connection details as what is saved on my laptop and mac and they don't work either Any help greatly appreciated Regards Lee

A:Can't connect to internet "Windows was unable to connect to this netwo

Try removing profiles after you remove the device with Device manager and letting windows detect it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263667-cant-connect-internet-windows-unable-connect-netwo.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 30.53%

I've tried chrome, Firefox and ie9 and none of the browsers work when I try to load a page. A few games I play that require internet don't work either, even though I can connect to Skype and spotify perfectly and IM people. I've tried rebooting, I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting my router, I've tried disabling my firewall and nothing worked.
I don't understand why it's doing this, I just turned my laptop off before I went out, then I came back later, turned it back on and this happened.

A:[SOLVED] Can't connect to browsers or games but can connect to spotify and Skype

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

We don't usually bump posts here until 72 hrs have passed.

Copy and paste these lines into Notepad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
Double click on the flush.bat file to run it. Vista and Windows 7 users... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator.
Your computer will reboot itself.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-cant-connect-to-browsers-or-games-but-can-connect-to-spotify-and-skype-729809.html
Relevancy 30.53%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello everyone.

I would like to connect to the internet using my Linksys WRT54GS 1.1 router. However, even after I reset the router by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds, and plug the ethernet from the cable modem to the router, I can get only to the 192.168.1.1 (Setup) page, not to any internet.

The same cord and cable modem work with my Airport Express, but I want my WRT54GS router to connect wired to the modem, so I can use my AirPort to extend the network (i.e. I want two hotspots).

Any help?

A:Cannot connect to internet with Linksys WRT54GS; can connect with AirPort Express

What is the brand and model of your cable modem?

If it is a modem only you need to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) it when switching the device connected to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-with-linksys-wrt54gs-can-connect-with-airport-express.945248/
Relevancy 30.1%

Bit of an odd problem here hoping someone could offer solutions until I have access to the connect to but to Can't router.. other networks..? wireless connect Solved: can router settings So I just moved into the rd floor of a house here in Boston I have a desktop and so I have always used ethernet cables Unfortunately the router is on the second Solved: Can't connect to wireless router.. but can connect to other networks..? floor of the home here and it s impossible for me to run a cable so I went out and purchased a wireless adapter netgear n The adapter is great not a problem The problem is when scanning for networks I can see his router which is using WEP I connect but it refuses to acquire an ip I can connect to other networks fine just not the one I need The man who lives downstairs won t be home for a few hours so I won t have access to the router until then I have tried to get to the router from my desktop but don t seem to be working so I have no idea what the default ip could be Are there any other possible explanations for why this could be happening Also what should I do in Solved: Can't connect to wireless router.. but can connect to other networks..? the router settings when I get access later on tonight Any help is severely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to wireless router.. but can connect to other networks..?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-wireless-router-but-can-connect-to-other-networks.944538/
Relevancy 30.1%

My browser is IE Window XP Home with SP Sony VAIO Desktop PCV-RS Pentium- Ghz MB Ram I am now unable to connect to the Internet The network diagnostic for window XP kept saying to check firewall settings for HTTP port HTTPS port and FTP port I don't know how to do that I open the Window firewall settings Internet HTTPS connect Explorer to not but HTTP, will connect will to on the Security Center page Exception tab it lists programs and services on the Exception ie to not block incoming network connection from these programs or services which include Internet Explorer on the list which seems Internet Explorer will not connect to HTTP, but will connect to HTTPS to be appropriate But my computer still will not connect to the Internet--very frustrating I have done System Restore a few times to an earlier dates thinking maybe the computer picked up some virus and the System restore function should temporarily resolve that issue But still no luck Finally I tried connecting to a secured website with HTTPS in the address bar and the computer appeared to be successful to connect to these HTTPS sites but it continued to refuse to connect to a regular website i e with HTTP in its address bar Please help me resove these internet connection issues I would vey much appreciate

A:Internet Explorer will not connect to HTTP, but will connect to HTTPS

<<My browser is IE8. Window XP Home with SP2...>>

May have nothing to do with your problem...but you really need to install SP3 and all critical updates since its issuance...that may take care of your problem, but even if it doesn't...your system will be less vulnerable.

Installing or reinstalling SP3... has been known to overcome various previous system problems.

Sounds to me like corruption affecting non-secure websites, so you may also want to reinstall IE8.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493468/internet-explorer-will-not-connect-to-http-but-will-connect-to-https/
Relevancy 30.1%

hello i am trying to connect to my fiances home network on my dell inspirion 8200 it connects fine at home with out having to configure anything, but at my fiances house its giving me problems the connection will pop up as soon as i click connect it tries to but then this comes up. unable to connect to selected network network may not be in range but the thing is that im right in front of the wireless router. someone please help

A:trying to connect to my home wireless network but it odesnt connect,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-my-home-wireless-network-but-it-odesnt-connect.1087684/
Relevancy 30.1%

i shut down system restore and went into safe mode to clean out spyware,ect.

in safe mode, spybot,i used ewiedo,smit,adware. i dont recall but i think spybot was the only program to find an item.

When i rebooted in normal XP, i have been unable to connect IE6,Weatherbug,Widgets to my wireless connection. However Firefox is connecting pretty good,atlhough my wireless program is funny, its telling me there is no internet connection as i surf

i tried 'internet options' such as resetting IE, i tried that scannow command. again, i dont have the system restore option to use. but also yahoo widgets are not connectiong nor weathebug.

A:Solved: IN6,Weatherbug,Widgets will not connect,Firefox WILL CONNECT

This may help. WinSock XP Fix.

I suggest you get rid of Weatherbug, it's associated with spyware. A good alternative for Firefox users is ForecastFox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-in6-weatherbug-widgets-will-not-connect-firefox-will-connect.457311/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have just rebuilt a laptop for a friend. I downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless connection from Acer website. They have installed correctly.

I can connect the laptop to the router by wireless and I can browse the local network and see the other PC's BUT the internet is shown as not connected. Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Other wireless devices (iPad for instance connect to the internet fine).

I have re-booted the router.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet but can connect to router.

Same with an ethernet connection?

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-but-can-connect-to-router.1106274/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am trying to use limewire, couterstrike, bitcomet etc, but nothing apart from firefox/I.E. and windows live messenger can connect to MY internet. everything workd perfectly on my neighbours internet, when accessed from my own laptop. Please help me. Thanks.

A:No apps connect to MY internet, but connect fine on my neighbours net?

Try checking out your router setup it may be blocking those programs. You may need to login to the router and "enable" the programs as I notice they are P2P programs and quite often you have to permit their use. Try googling for "enabling p2p on my xxxx router" where xxxx is the make / model number

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115885-no-apps-connect-my-internet-but-connect-fine-my-neighbours-net.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi everyone I have three computers connected wirelessly to the same router Two of them are working perfectly and are able to connect to the router via One of them cannot It can t connect to or to any page on the internet Internet Explorer comes up with the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Firefox gives a similar message Here is the info that I got with ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name President-Eden Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed connect Laptop to too to Unable Solved: internet. cannot connect to 10.1.1.1. IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f b Preferred Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-E - - - - B- A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - B- A- - DHCP Enabled Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ADEE- B - F F- E-C B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA-CDDA- -AAEE-C E E br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes suggestions anyone thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cannot-connect-to-internet-unable-to-connect-to-10-1-1-1-too.892711/
Relevancy 30.1%

Thought i would open a thread since i noticed the thread i left Connect Connect)and Netscape Walmart Vista (old Windows a comment on was an old thread i got a New Laptop today and when i tried to load my Netscape connect onto it it told me that the version was too old and that i needed to get a version with a bit or bit the laptop is running windows vista my old one and my desktop both have windows XP and it has run fine on them but windows vista seems to not like it much i have no clue on how to do get a new version of netscape connect considering that the program switched to netscape sometime ago all i have is an old cd from walmart that walmart doesnt supply anymore and i cant Netscape Connect (old Walmart Connect)and Windows Vista find an up to date download on the internet anywhere for netscape connect its like they dont Netscape Connect (old Walmart Connect)and Windows Vista even make the program anymore go figure hoping someone can help me and has had this same problem before otherwise i am going to have to try and find another provider which i dont really want to do at the moment Please Help going out of town in a couple weeks woudl like to Netscape Connect (old Walmart Connect)and Windows Vista have my internet working on my laptop thanks for all the help Tanya

A:Netscape Connect (old Walmart Connect)and Windows Vista

Hi. . .

Good idea on starting your own thread as this means that all found within pertains to your system and your particular system only.

I am unfamiliar with the "Netscape connect (Old Walmart Connect).

Please elaborate in as much detail as possible and I will gladly look into it.

I can tell you that Netscape is now a subsidiary of AOL and that all support for the Netscape browser ceased on March 1, 2008.

Is this a dial-up connection? The CD you mention - what year is it from and have you found any Internet links to it that would provide me with a copy of it so that I may test it to ascertain the problems you are having?

What is it that this software does for you that connecting via wireless to the Internet does not? I ask as a distant family member recently asked me for help w/AOL dial-up as they were under the impression that it was needed to access their AOL which is not true at all. I showed them that they simply had to enter AOL.com under IE7 or Firefox (while connected to the Internet - via wifi or Ethernet) and then were able to access their AOL email account.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/netscape-connect-old-walmart-connect-and-windows-vista-281341.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,

I just got my Netgear router WGR614 v6. I was able to initally access http://192.168.0.1 to finish setup. Setup was successful but then whenever I started my IE, intead of loading my homepage, it will only load the Netgear login page while displaying my default homepage's address. But it has no problem connection to any other website.

So I restarted my laptop and reset my modem and router. After that,
I can no longer connect to http://192.168.0.1. The IE only displays this Dell page: http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk-rel/afe?hl=en&channel=us&s=http://192.168.0.1/
stating "Sorry, we couldn't find http://192.168.0.1/. "

I'd like to know How can I connect to http://192.168.0.1/ again because as soon as I unplug the cable from my router to the laptop, I lose internet connection.

Please help. Thanks much in advance!

A:Netgear router: Can connect to Internet, but can't connect to http://192.168.0.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-can-connect-to-internet-but-cant-connect-to-http-192-168-0-1.608785/
Relevancy 30.1%

I use Ventrilo for raids in wow but recently while trying to connect it auto disconnects and does a countdown then trys to reconnect, this happens over and over again.

I have checked the Vent FAQ which says i might be banned, I have checked with the administrater who says i'm not and i get the same thing happening in any vent channels i use for vairious guilds.

I'm using Vista 32bit, if thats any help

Anybody got any suggestions, I have all the right info in (IP address..password etc) the message says (Server is available. press connect) but when i do the same thing happens.

Thanks in advance

Lee

A:Solved: Ventrilo won't connect get a countdown and auto connect.

Well, I'd start by double checking that all your vent info info is correct, port # and password. If you have another machine, try connecting on that to see if its a local problem. There could be a population cap on your vent server, I'd ask the admin that.

If you can connect on the other machine, then I'd try reinstalling vent on your main machine, I've had file corruptions before that gave me the same issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ventrilo-wont-connect-get-a-countdown-and-auto-connect.850887/
Relevancy 30.1%

Running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack Problem I am hearing the Device Connect Device Disconnect and Failed to Connect sounds Connect sounds Connect/Disconnect/Failed to Device at random times sometimes minutes to hours apart No error window pops up when this event occurs nor do any event logs record anything out of the usual Device Connect/Disconnect/Failed to Connect sounds when these events occur It does not appear to be connected to any specific program or application that I Device Connect/Disconnect/Failed to Connect sounds run I have scanned my computer with multiple virus scans and malware scans I have observed firewall connectivity and it appears that whatever is causing it is not trying to connect to the internet I have full confidence that it is not an infection I have also reinstalled the OS and applied the updates but the problem is still there I have done a driver check on all the hardware and all drivers seem to be in order To me this is truly a phantom problem that has driven me to wits end I apologize if the information seems lacking but to be honest it's pretty much all I konw about this problem I would be greatful for any comments or suggestions

A:Device Connect/Disconnect/Failed to Connect sounds

What do you have connected to your USB ports?
What are the settings in your Control Panel to control the activity of the USB ports (in particular, any settings that sleep/disable that device when it's not being used).

The easiest thing to do is to disconnect all your USB devices and only connect them when using them. Also, follow the Safely Eject Hardware protocol when removing them from the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206072/device-connectdisconnectfailed-to-connect-sounds/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I have an acer aspire windows vista bit operating system I recently got a new modem router it s apparently in from rogers and I cannot connect to connect cannot modem. connect I internet can only using to connection' new 'local the internet When I attempt to connect i can only connect to the quot local quot connection Everyone else in my family can connect via wireless and I can only connect if i use an ethernet cable which is directly connected to my laptop When i typed in ipconfig all on the command prompt cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' this is what pops up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vlan phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' Address fe e d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I am grateful for anyone who can provide me with some insight on how to solve this problem thanks in advance for anyone who replies ps If there is nothing I can do and its a problem with my old laptop friend told me its too old please tell me so I can look for a new laptop nbsp

A:cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection'

Atheros AR5007EG Click to expand...

this is a problem adapter on vista whenever a change is made

Have a read through the following - the most common fix is the driver update - from the manufacturers website or from the atheros website

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-new-modem-i-can-only-connect-local-connection.1084927/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

A:Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-connect-to-wireless-router-but-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet.971764/
Relevancy 30.1%

I bought a new Dell computer and then got another brand new dell that they replaced for free because they thought something was wrong with it I returned that one and bought a brand new HP that i still have currently all have had Windows VISTA connect the that 3rd to computer internet, NEW Can't connect! work HELP! BRAND After being on the phone for hours and hours with Microsoft Comcast and Dell there still hasnt been anyone that can resolve the issues I have a Motorola modem thats connect by ethernet cable to a D-Link wireless router but is only used as a medium to connect multiple computers to that motorola router through ethernet cables The connection is good given that i'm typing from my old computer with Windows XP Plug and play and Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! the internet works no issues Can this be an issue with the Modem or D-link router Ethenet Cable I can not think of anything else and with the Dell computer s microsoft and dell tried everything physically possible to try to un-install Vista do this and do that with everything Comcast did say that all their modems are Vista friendly and i even tried directly plugging the ethernet cable from the modem to the computer bypassing the router and that didnt work Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! One comment that was made was that i had a bad IP address which they tried to fix and that didnt work either Please someone help me Or im going to have to go Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! with a brand new computer that has XP and not Vista THANKS

A:Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP!

anyone?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202027-cant-connect-internet-3rd-brand-new-computer-work-connect-help.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently just bought a Netcomm NP wireless extender as a computer on the other side of my house does not get within the range of my routers wireless So i have opened the package and followed the step by step manual of how to set it up it is as follows to initially set up the product we recommend you plug the NP into a power socket near both you existing router and computer DONE successfully Plug the supplied Ethernet cable into your NP and connect the connect)? Netcomm connect (ip N Wireless doesnt to Cannot Extender? other end to the computer DONE successfully this is where the problem lies Cannot connect to Netcomm Wireless N Extender? (ip doesnt connect)? you can connect your devises through the web user interface to open the web browser internet explorer Firefox etc and type into the address bar and hit enter When prompted add in the username and password Before i keep going i must tell you that my desktop computer doesnt have wireless but my modem router does so i connect my computer to my router via an ethernet cable There are further steps but i cannot get past step When i attempt to type the IP in the URL it says quot problem loading page quot quot unable to connect quot At all times my phone line is connected to my modem router These are the cable variations i have tried a -ethernet from computer to NP -No ethernet connection from modem router to computer this is the procedure outlines in the manual does the manual assume i have a wireless connection to the internet in my desktop b -ethernet from the computer to the modem router -ethernet from the NP to the moder router c now using an Ethernet hub - ALL NP modem router and desktop connected to the hub at the same time I cannot see why the IP does not connect without this stage i cannot enter the wireless settings of the NP I have tested to see if other IP addresses work in the URL eg the modems and it works but the NP doesnt Can someone please help me i would greatly appreciate any inputs advice on the matter lt duplicate information removed from post - etaf moderator gt Vaderico nbsp

A:Cannot connect to Netcomm Wireless N Extender? (ip doesnt connect)?

sounds like the unit maybe faulty
the setup guide is here
http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/...88057/NP124-Wireless-Repeater-Setup-Guide.pdf

you are just typing the IP address
http://192.168.20.1
and not anything else - like www.

try a reset and see if that helps

full user guide
http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/assets/pdf_file/0018/70173/NP124-User-Guide.pdf
setup on page 10
reset on page 6

Press the Reset button for 5 seconds to restore the NP124 to factory default settingsClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-netcomm-wireless-n-extender-ip-doesnt-connect.1060226/
Relevancy 30.1%

Running Internet Explorer v.8
We have a computer at our office, that as of this morning, IE won't connect to any webpages. We've gone through the diagnostic tool - but the remedies it presents do not affect the problem.
Email (through Outlook 2007) connects fine and is receiving email fine.
All network drives can also be reached with no problems.

There is also no other computer in our office experiencing this problem.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has. thx

A:Internet Explorer won't connect - but all other items connect to network

What error message are you getting using IE8?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-connect-but-all-other-items-connect-to-network-410702.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Up until this afternoon i had been able to access my wireless network fine However I had taken my computer outside and tried to wireless to others) Solved: network(can connect Cannot connect to connect I was not able to and had xp Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others) try to quot repair quot the problem No luck I brought it back into my room but it still didn t work It will say quot acquiring network address quot on and off but never connect Everyone else in the house can connect to it fine and i can still connect to it through ethernet cable and to other wireless networks besides this one I ran a diagnostic where it said that the network keys did not match up i checked them and the diag report gave me this Can anyone help Last diagnostic run time IP Configuration Diagnostic Invalid IP address info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled info Zero IP address detected action Manual repair Reboot modem info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The s... Read more

A:Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others)

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-can-connect-to-others.1032364/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 29.67%

Please help,

I can not connec to internet on my laptop, I can connect fine with a wire though, for somereason it is saying that I should be connected but I am not. I think there is something wrong with my gateway there is not an address beside it what do I do?

Relevancy 29.67%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 29.67%

So most of my family works on laptops but i have one old desktop that i haven t turned on in a while but now I need to get it back connected to the internet for a bit I have a network cable to connect connect to WILL computer network, Old WON'T internet running to it most Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet of my comps run on wireless but this one doesn t have a wireless card and it connects to the network but gives me the quot limited to no activity quot message Last time I turned it off a few months ago it worked fine Troubleshooting so far after rebooting powercycling everything of course connected the network cable to my laptop after disconnecting the wireless worked fine Tried quot repair quot could not renew tried release renew error on renew quot unable to contact your DHCP server tried DNS flush did netsh dump DHCP Client is started and automatic disabled and reenabled the NIC card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Any thoughts help ideas would be great Just need to get itunes connected to the internet nbsp

A:Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet

Assuming Windows ...

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-computer-will-connect-to-network-wont-connect-to-internet.1095949/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a large screen TV that I need to run PowerPoint presentations on, and maybe video. The IT department set up Cat5 from the PC to the TV, but I cannot get anything from the PC to display.

I am trying this on two different computers. One is XP Pro, and the other is Win7 Pro. I would prefer the XP machine, but will sacrifice the Win7 machine to this if I have to.

Both the PC and the TV show connectivity at the ports, but there is no display on the TV. Multiple Monitors do NOT show in either machine.

Is this possible without additional hardware?

A:Connect TV to PC with a direct connect Cat5 Cable

Quote: Originally Posted by mac173

I have a large screen TV that I need to run PowerPoint presentations on, and maybe video. The IT department set up Cat5 from the PC to the TV, but I cannot get anything from the PC to display.

I am trying this on two different computers. One is XP Pro, and the other is Win7 Pro. I would prefer the XP machine, but will sacrifice the Win7 machine to this if I have to.

Both the PC and the TV show connectivity at the ports, but there is no display on the TV. Multiple Monitors do NOT show in either machine.

Is this possible without additional hardware?

Win key + P enables projection mode and displays it.

You sure it is Cat5, and not hdmi?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209155-connect-tv-pc-direct-connect-cat5-cable.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I have just moved in to a basement apartment and can connect to via Cannot wireless via Solved: ethernet connect can but connect the internet with my wireless but not with the ethernet cord ran downstairs for me The other computers upstairs work fine on ethernet through the same router I do not understand what the problem could be here are my configs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Doug-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Belkin Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless IPv Address fe d f a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires February- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- -DF- B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D C- D A- - -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless

Could be a defective cable or NIC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-but-can-connect-via-wireless.1034028/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone.

I have a desktop PC that connects to the internet with an ethernet cable through charter dsl. I have my friends dell laptop here and need to connect to the internet but when I take the plug out of my ethernet and put it into the back of the laptop it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. Does anyone know how I can setup the laptop to allow me to connect to the internet using my dsl connection? I only need it to do it for right now.

A:Setup Laptop to connect to internet using dsl connect

IS the DSL box limiting MAC addresses of computers that can connect?
If so you need to add friend's MAC address.
After connecting the laptop did you reboot?
Chances are it will automatically sort itself out after the reboot.
If not, open Network connections Start > Settings > Network Connections,
Fnd the connection that you think should work (the same as on your computer),
Click Properties,
On General tab look for one of the last items, "Internet protocol TCP/IP"
Click on it
Click Properties
It might have a fixed IP address, so change it to Obtain IP automatically
Do the same for the DNS, or do whatever is on your computer.
OK few times and wait a bit. It might work.
If not, post some detail so that someone can help.

You can also post information from ipconfig:
Start > Run, type cmd
on the black screen type ipconfig /all and hit enter
copy the text and paste here

Finally, in the same cmd window try this
ipconfig /release
it will clear the current IP and make it 0.0.0.0
then type ipconfig /renew
in order to get a new IP. I don't think it will work if your earlier attempts failed though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247821/setup-laptop-to-connect-to-internet-using-dsl-connect/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi there I'm hoping someone can help me out with this because I have tried everything I can think of with no luck My brother had just moved in and tried to install a wireless router and apparently everything was running fine for about minutes and then the connections went weird When trying to connect to some websites an error message Ftp, To To Http/https Connect Connect Able To Unable To appears can not display page when diagnostics are run it says the connection to http and https is running fine but it is unable to connect to Unable To Connect To Ftp, Able To Connect To Http/https ftp sites Could be a problem with firewall settings I get the same message when trying to connect to windows live messanger and running the troubleshoot FTP connection problem check the firewall I had zone alarm installed turned it off and checked the sites still no connection So I turned it back on changed a few program settings to ensure it was allowing messanger exe and explorer exe still didn't work Uninstalled zone alarm turned on the windows firewall and that's where it is now My brother called into my service provider they got him to run a bunch of spyware antivirus diagnostics nothing came up as it shouldn't I have PC Tools anti virus and spyware running and then told him it seemed as though the connection was fine but a program on the computer was blocking some specific sites So obviously no help there Anyone have any idea what could be the problem I can't access my mail in outlook pop server can't connect and pretty much any website google com works facebook works Thanks in advance for any help Justine

A:Unable To Connect To Ftp, Able To Connect To Http/https

Hi tennille578,There are many possible reasons this is happening and the contributing factors vary for every individual computer.Start by clearing old files and settings may be preventing you from connecting to the Internet.Click on Tools.Select Internet Options.Click the General tab.Click the Delete Files button.When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.Click Okay.Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.Click Settings.Click View Objects.Click View, and then click Details.If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.In the Settings dialog box, click OK .Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.In the Internet Options dialog box, click Okay.Try to browse the Internet.If no joy, lets see if we can try and repair the internet connection.Try running Winsock XP fix.This utility can fix tricky most connection problems.See if there is anything in this Micro$oft Article that helps: Page Cannot be Displayed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105464/unable-to-connect-to-ftp-able-to-connect-to-httphttps/
Relevancy 29.67%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,
My internet settings are set to automatically connect to available wireless networks, specifically my saved home wireless network. However, my computer will never automatically connect to the internet, I always have to open my wireless networks and manually connect to the network. Is there a way to correct this?

Thank you,
Bobs

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3031 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 192169 MB, Free - 106285 MB; D: Total - 31193 MB, Free - 24785 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, JITR1, REFERENCE, CBU0024962
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:Can't automatically connect to Internet, always need to manually connect

just maybe its something simple go back and check everything like your ssid when you entered it in be sure that you have it correctly entered

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-automatically-connect-to-internet-always-need-to-manually-connect.981201/
Relevancy 29.67%

I could really use some help. I've tried so many things and I'm under so much stress I'm near to tears with this. I really don't know what to do. If you have the time please help me.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-laptop-would-connect-to-lan-but-not-the-internet-i-did-everything-now-it-wont-connect-to-lan.63944/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 29.67%

I can remotely connect to my private network through my Nortel VPN client. I am given an IP address for that private network. However, I cannot ping the DNS or WINS servers or any of my 5 servers.

My system running the Nortel VPN client is a Windows Server 2003 SP3 server.

A:Can connect to private network but cannot connect to servers on it

I am still unable to connect to any of the servers on my private network after I VPN to that private network. I guess because I didn't make an actual question statement, no one replied to my post.

Does anyone have any ideas on why I cannot connect to the remote servers on a private network when I use Nortel VPN client on my Windows Server 2003 computer? I can connect to the private network. I am given a private network IP address and 2 DNS IP addresses and 2 WINS IP addresses. However, I cannot ping any of these servers or any of my application servers on that private network.

I'm at a loss at what might be going on.

Any suggestions are greatly appeciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-private-network-but-cannot-connect-to-servers-on-it.790903/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi! I gave my old computer w/ XP Operating System to my friend because she is Still using Window 98. Everything is good except for the fact that I cannot install/transfer her Walmart Connect/Netscape Connect onto the newer computer. She does not have an installation cd... I went to the website and there is not a download..I tried to put it onto a 3.5 in floppy ...usb memory drive. Please help what can I try. Please let me know. Thanks LadyTech1973

Relevancy 29.67%

Hi
This is an XP pro machine and after it failed to connect I have also re-installed XP.
It cannot ping the linksys router and connect to the LAN/ internet.
I have tried comparing TCP/IP settings, checked off windows firewall , compared with other computers on the LAN, checked the cables, assigned working IP's to it to see if that helps etc.

If I bring it home and change the TCP/IP settings to match my home router, it works flawlessly.
I have also completely formatted and reinstalled XP.
What else can I try?
Appreciate any input. Thanks!

Relevancy 29.67%

I have this desktop Windows XP that is not connecting to my wireless network although it is picking up that it is there and on the list. But when I try to connect it to the network it says "windows can't connect to any of your preffered networks". I have another Windows XP laptop that is connecting to the same network just fine. Also, for some strange reason on the desktop everytime i set the time on the bottom and I turn off computer the time always resets to 12:00am Jan 1, 2003. Why is this happening? And how can i get my desktop to connect to my network?

A:Computer finds network to connect to but does not connect when tried.

i have answered you other post - with the same question here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1104799-connection-network-issues.html

you replied and deleted your answers ?

please do not duplicate questions on the forum

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-finds-network-to-connect-to-but-does-not-connect-when-tried.1104971/
Relevancy 29.67%

I think my PC has a virus but cannot do certain things to verify Description I can surf via programs update, via but and won't Firefox Cannot connect IE, can connect the web via FireFox but get a connection error with IE Chat within GMAIL is also disabled I cannot connect to update AdAware and I m not sure it s allowed me to update malwarebytes or spybot I have run spybot and gotten rid of instances but am still having the problem Not that it matters but I can also not update HP software I have updated my Norton Antivirus Corporate Gold edition but every time I try and scan the entire machine it stops and says User stopped scan My HiJackThis logfile is Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Cannot connect via IE, and programs won't update, but can connect via Firefox mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Pajaks Local Settings Application Data Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exeC Documents and Settings Pajaks My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell User Default user O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C WINDOWS system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name... Read more

A:Cannot connect via IE, and programs won't update, but can connect via Firefox

Thursday morning bump for help-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321106/cannot-connect-via-ie-and-programs-wont-update-but-can-connect-via-firefox/
Relevancy 29.67%

I feel bad for starting a new thread on the subject but I looked through a bunch of the other wireless to :( connect router internet Can cannot BUT to connect threads and I couldn't find a solution I am on a Dell Laptop Latitude D And I'm running Windows XP Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Ver Service Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :( Pack My ISP is Speedlink Cable We are using an SMC modem router SMC WN My roommate can connect to wirelessly and I can connect with a hard wire connection I also can connect to the router full speed but I get limited or no connectivity to the internet I connect to the wireless via a 'NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter' using the NETGEAR SMART WIZARD - Wireless Assistant WG v When I run IPCONFIG ALL the output is Windows IP Configuration Host Name GOAT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Physical Address - D- -DC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Monday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - F- - - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So I will be extremely grateful for any help towards solving this problem Thanks Sean

A:Can connect to wireless router BUT cannot connect to internet :(

Try putting static IP addresses in to your wireless network connection.
By the looks of it it seems your wireless connection cannot get an IP address automatically via DHCP.

Let me know if this works or you need help doing this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-connect-to-wireless-router-but-cannot-connect-to-internet-504408.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a wireless network, through LinkSys an access point and switch.
The access point acts like the router, I have to laptops which need to connect to the internet, they can see the intranet, but when I ping the router the host is unreachable. The ip's are static, and have been setup manually. I can't understand how they can reach the local network but not the external. Any advice?

A:Wireless, can't connect to router but can connect to intranet?

what are the numbers in nics
most routers default
192.168.1.1 gateway lan

they can see the intranetClick to expand...

whats that mean
see ??
try run cmd ipconfig /all
what are the numbers here
then do a ping in cmd like ping www.m7l.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-cant-connect-to-router-but-can-connect-to-intranet.42567/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 29.67%

My Vista laptop has always connected the home network without a problem. Suddenly it cannot see any of the other computers. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling network cards, checking all the networking settings, etc. I even went to an earlier restore point.

I did a search on this website and tried to follow these directions:

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL - select all and enter

However, it just rapidly scrolled the cmd box and closed.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We recently installed a new wireless router, and all the other computers in our house can access the internet. But for some reason I can only connect to the network, even though it says there's full connectivity.

I called the customer careline for our internet providers, and they said it was a problem with my computer settings, rather than the router. But they said they couldn't advise me any further unless I paid for it, hence my need to look for advice elsewhere....

Thanks!

A:Can connect to network, but unable to connect to internet

Hi carrickfergus, and welcome to TSG!

Please do the following:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.

Type CMD.

Press OK.

In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig /all.

Press Enter.
Copy (right-click and Select All > press Enter) the entire content of that window and paste it to your next reply.
Next,

Use a working computer to download and copy HijackThis to a USB flash drive. Plug it into your faulty computer and install the program:

Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-network-but-unable-to-connect-to-internet.960206/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have just got an xbox and i am trying to connect it to the internet. I am trying to use my laptop to bridge the connections. When i make a network bridge the message comes up with 'connected with limited access'. I then can't connect to the internet on my laptop or xbox. Can someone help me please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-internet-says-connect-with-limited-access-only-295111.html
Relevancy 29.67%

HI So yeah im new to this forum and hopefully somebody could help me solve this annoying problem About a week ago i went onto itunes and it connect connect upload, cannot sites, itunes, to to etc said i couldnt connect to the store saying that my network connection timed out Well its cannot upload, connect to sites, connect to itunes, etc been like this since then and later i noticed i also cant connect to some sites watch videos and upload stuff onto sites Some of my windows gadgets wont update either I thought maybe its my firewall so i turned off windows firewall and that didnt do anything I also uninstalled my antivirus and that did nothing as well Weird thing is when i boot my other Win OS on my other disk everything works fine on there But thats my backup OS and everything i have is on my other disk Ive tried remembering what i could have done to screw things up like this the day it started but i cant remember doing anything Maybe i clicked something that makes my comp block certain IPs i dont know Someone please help

A:cannot upload, connect to sites, connect to itunes, etc

If you installed itunes that also means you installed the dreaded bonjour service which is famous for causing connection problems.

With Bonjour disabling doesn't always work and you have to remove it from your system.

To fix ...
Run MsConfig

First disable Bonjour, Under the Services tab uncheck the service called "##Id_String1.6844[... and then a bunch of numbers]" by Apple.

To remove it from your system.
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bonjour
2. Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in that folder to mdnsNSP.old
3. Restart your computer
4. Delete the Program Files\Bonjour folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84515-cannot-upload-connect-sites-connect-itunes-etc.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

I'm connected to a wifi at home on my cellphone, says signal status is excellent, 54mbps, wpa psk security but I cannot connect to the network. My desktop pc is connected via ethernet and it is working. I tried connecting to a neighbor's wifi and it worked on the same cellphone. WLAN light is flashing, the rest are solid. I have a prolink adsl router.

A:Cannot connect wirelessly on phone but can connect wired on pc

do you have any other devices connected by wireless

Remove the wireless security
Is your wireless security enabled?
if so - log into the router and remove the wireless security - now see if it will connect.
if it does - log back into the router and try with the wireless security enabled again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-wirelessly-on-phone-but-can-connect-wired-on-pc.1089292/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 28.81%

It's my 2nd post and already I'm begging for help, lol.
But all jokes aside, please help me. The problem is that when I had my last computer I was using windows 98. It had a very bad virus on It but youtube played perfectly.

But now that I have a computer I got from the pawn It has xp on It and youtube keeps breaking up while the videos are playing. By that I mean, I let them load and then when It's fully loaded I press play right? But It will start off playing and freeze around 0:10 and start again at 0:13 and then pause again and the audio will jilt and then freeze at 0:15 and start again at 0:18. I don't know what's causing It to play that way and I've downloaded adobe flash player, WM10 and I had WM11, I have real player, and quicktime, what's wrong with It?

A:Youtube Help

hi there,
do you have this problem for any video you watch over the internet, or it just happens on you tube? and does that happen when you play any saved video on your computer?
I dont know much about this problem, but try to reinstall flashplayer again, or something else(but dont try it now till someone expert confirms that) try to update your video driver, or probably your video card is installed properly, because i recently updated my video card, and all my video turned to laggy picture, then i fixed it by reinstalling the update.(thats my experience).

hope someone expert be with you soon.

good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/youtube-help-145164.html
Relevancy 28.81%
Q: youtube

I can not open youtube on my laptop there is a message appear web site not found please help

A:youtube

could be a few things
1>Youtube may actually be down.
2>Depending on where you're connecting from, it may be blocked. For instance, at my work, they have filters for adult content,games, etc.
3>Have you tried connecting to other sites on your laptop? Do they open up fine? If not, it may be something as simple as the Wifi Switch not being on(Yes, I was dumb enough to have that happen myself. New Laptop, didn't know it had a switch.)P

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/youtube-691139.html
Relevancy 28.81%

this is what happens
This page has been blocked based on your settings.
To continue browsing, either use your back button or enter a new web address. I am on Windows8 and it happens with explorer and google

A:not able to get onto youtube

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are you on a school connection or work connection?

Have you tried to reset IE and your HOST file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/not-able-to-get-onto-youtube-723473.html
Relevancy 28.81%

I don t know where exactly to put this thread at so I will apologize in advance if this is in I need PLEASE! Youtube, help with the wrong I need help with Youtube, PLEASE! section I I need help with Youtube, PLEASE! really need help I need help with Youtube, PLEASE! with Youtube It s not just youtube either I can t watch any videos at all on any site and it s really annoying I have downloaded the latest Flash Player about times and still it won t work I have enabled Active Scipting on my Security Settings and it still won t work I have downloaded just about every program people have suggested on other forums and still with no luck I have downloaded Firefox IE and still I get the same quot Hello you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe s Flash Player Get the latest Flash player quot message Can you think of anything maybe I haven t tried I need help I have a class coming up really soon and I will really appreciate if somebody could help me out with my problem Thanks nbsp

A:I need help with Youtube, PLEASE!

Uninstall all previous versions of adobe flash player. Go here to download the standalone flash player setup.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/index.html

Do you have Java Runtime installed on your system? If not, go here and install the latest version. Uninstall any previous version, in case you have it installed. If any problems, use JavaRa to uninstall java.
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-youtube-please.797123/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi guys, first sorry my bad English and also I don't know much of computer terms, so I will try to be most clear I can.

Since Google merge all the apps, I cant log on youtube, I don't know if is a IE problem or a google problem. any of you had this issue? I was thinking on install another browser to try, but first I decide ask to the experts, my husband cant help me either and he knows more than me, so I don't know ... I will attacks a picture of the error that I always get. thanks so much for your time.

A:IE and Youtube. Cant Log.

I've personally never logged into Youtube ?
Why do you/ are you posting Youtube videos or something you certainly don't need to login to watch anything.
Internet Explorer 9 - Delete Browsing History

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/309684-ie-youtube-cant-log.html
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm having an issue with the YouTube App on my brothers iPod Touch. Nothing will load, whenever I try it just says "Could not connect to YouTube" however, I can use YoutTube if I go too safari and use the web page. Also, the app on my phone works just fine, only the app on my brothers iPod Touch (and my step dad's) won't work. This is recent as they have use YouTube before.

Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks

A:YouTube App

What does it do? Why not just use the web page?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-app.1032955/