Windows Support Forum

hyperlinks in emails

Q: hyperlinks in emails

When we receive emails from our server email addresses are in plain text and are not clickable. It is ok from other sources.

Any advice please.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: hyperlinks in emails

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: hyperlinks in emails

Quote: Originally Posted by alan lloyd

When we receive emails from our server email addresses are in plain text and are not clickable. It is ok from other sources.

Any advice please.

Welcome Alan LLoyd to the windows 7 forums.

Questions questions.
What kind of email program are you using?
and, when you say you receive email from your server, is this a local exchange
server?
Knowing what kind of email program and where your retrieving your email would
help in giving you advice.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/178081-hyperlinks-emails.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have Windows Mail and Vista Home Premium I send out a regular newsletter in which there emails corrupted being in hyperlinks are many items each having a title that is a hyperlink with a bit of text below - so anyone wanting to read more on a particular topic can click on the link to get the whole story I copy the whole email many times to send out in hyperlinks being corrupted in emails batches of perhaps addresses as I have been told this is better than sending out to hundreds at a time to avoid being spam In the first email or even the first several all the hyperlinks worked fine I tested them using my own email and another account I have on a different system then on later emails all the links are messed up and do not work Each has this code at the front of the URL mhtml FB - - A -B - CE C D E mid x-usc Is this a deficiency of the sytem that it cannot cope with a hyperlink being copied Is that my problem any advice gratefully received Thanks

A:hyperlinks being corrupted in emails

Hallo Sarah Clayton, This is just a shot in the dark but i know that anti virus email scanners can corrupt email.

If you have an email scanner you could maybee disable scanning of outgoing email and see if this helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/271187-hyperlinks-being-corrupted-emails.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Clicking on hybperlinks within emails doesn't result in anything; no error messages & no action of any kind. The problem recently started and is in both email clients I am using: MS Outlook & Mozilla Thunderbird. I have tested multiple links over several days. The linking ability simply went dead.

But when I go to the email using my ISP's email program over the internet, the links work fine.

OS Windows 2000, SP4
IE version 6.02899
Mozilla Firefox version 1.0
Zone Alarm 5.5

A:Hyperlinks within emails don't work

If you click on a hyperlink in a web page and only a blank window appears,

Go to Start / Run
Then enter regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Click Ok when finished
If that single change does not resolve the problem, repeat the process by running regsrv32 with the following dll files.
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

There have been several instances where the previous tip using regsrv32 does not solve the problem with hyperlinks not working.
In this case try:

Open Internet Explorer
Go to Tools / Internet Options
Click on the Programs tab
Click on the Reset Web Settings button

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-within-emails-dont-work.307897/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone,

I have been searching for a way to create a rule in Outlook 2007 whereby all emails containing hyperlinks will be saved to a specific folder. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Oscuro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-recieved-outlook-emails.1078788/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have windows XP This used to work--with the old Firefox Then I installed Firefox and the problem started So I uninstalled and got back Firefox ---but the link still doesn't work For example if I am looking at something at Craig's List and want to click on a link to bring up a black email----I click and NOTHING happens do open blank a not FireFox-Hyperlinks to email... emails Now don't yell at me but my email program is Incredimail but it's not INC cause it used to work Also one other wee---tiny---little thing FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email... - PLEASE FORGIVE ME but when I was casting about for a solution I downloaded something to my REGISTRY I know I know it happened before my brain engaged Here is what it was--well still is--even though I did SYSTEM RESTORE to a month earlier than the day this FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email... went in So FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email... to summarize How can I get Firefox to bring up email links Do I need to take this thingy out of my REGISTRY If yes to above how Here's what's in the REGISTRY C DOCUME User LOCALS TEMP Rar D mailto reg Any all part of wee-teeny-bit of help is soooo appreciated

A:FireFox-Hyperlinks to emails do not open a blank email...

Hi Key2kua, welcome to TSF

I'm not sure about the FF3 problem, I'm still using FF2. To fix the registry tweak that you applied, open Windows Explorer and Notepad, then drag the mailto.reg file into Notepad to see its contents. Go to Start > Run > regedit and navigate to the locations listed in Notepad. Remove them and reboot to complete.

Note: You should always make a backup of the registry in regedit (File > Export) before making any changes.

I'm sure you already know this, but Incredimail is not recommended. Even the full paid-for version lacks the security of other free email clients. As you're already using Firefox, how about switching your email to the much safer Thunderbird? It has more features and works perfectly with Firefox for POP, IMAP, Gmail, web-mail, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-hyperlinks-to-emails-do-not-open-a-blank-email-269105.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My Sent Items and Inbox folders became filled with emails on Tuesday and I was unable to send Emails Connection Sends Won't with but - good Emails Receive Internet Outlook Express or receive emails until I removed several thousand old emails from both folders which I did then the system was running Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection fine again as of late Tuesday I discovered this Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection problem Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection when I attempted to send emails with attachments making the emails around megabytes each in size I did not realize that the recipient s system could not handle any email more than megabytes - thus my Outlook Express kept trying to send these emails every minute for hours until I discovered the problem I had to delete around email notifications that the recipient could not receive emails at that size and that my email boxes were full I corrected these problems and relocated the emails from my Outlook Box to Drafts until the recipient can change his settings All day Wednesday yesterday I was able to send amp receive emails without a problem This morning I was sending amp recieving as well then all of a sudden I was unable to receive any emails When Outlook attempts to receive I briefly see a box with the number of emails attempting to be received then I get an Unknown Error message I am able to send emails without any problem and my Internet connection has been stable all day I ve rebooted turned on amp off Outlook I even disconnected my Internet connection then reconnected it I ve checked my Outlook settings and they are fine I also turned off my Firewall - just in case that was it Any suggestions nbsp

A:Outlook Express Won't Receive Emails - but Sends Emails with good Internet Connection

Hi rherrygers

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Have you attempted to logon to your ISP's mail server to see what messages are still on the mail server along with determining the size of the messages?
Outlook Express may be timing out trying to download a message that is larger than normal.
Did you also send yourself a copy of the message with the attachment?

Can you post the exact error message please?
If the Send/Receive window is not appearing, you can make it appear by double clicking the area marked in red here:
When the Send/Receive window appears, click the Errors tab, right click on the error message and select Copy and paste the error message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-wont-receive-emails-but-sends-emails-with-good-internet-connection.574552/
Relevancy 38.27%

I noticed this morning that Outlook is not receiving the latest emails where as Yahoo does receive. Suggestions please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/401936-outlook-not-receiving-emails-yahoo-receives-emails.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I friend reported to me that he received an email from my email address with lots of images on it. I did not send this to him. how can I find if I have a trojan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-sends-emails-to-people-i-send-emails-to.826225/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I recently shifted from thunderbird to outlook now i added all my emails but for some reason some of the emails are not showing inbox and other folders until i click on drop down on the email name. Why ?

This happens to only some of the emails. All emails are being received and sent but some email folders are not showing until i click on drop down of email.

Thanks for answering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-emails-not-showing-inbox-and-other-folders-for-some-emails.1088951/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am sending around emails a day but my ISP is telling me I am using GB per day sending emails Even when im not sending emails my usage is going up and it is showing up as emails I have changed all my passwords which hasnt helped I got redirected to this forum from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t using-over- gb-an-hour-sending- -emails I have attached the dds scan to this post nbsp attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp dds txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsDDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD only Emails per small 5GB when emails day sending using 5 Internet Explorer Emails using 5GB per day when only sending 5 small emails BrowserJavaVersion Run by carlm at on - Emails using 5GB per day when only sending 5 small emails - Microsoft Windows GMT AV AVG Internet Security Disabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Internet Security Disabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW AVG update module Disabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system dwm exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exeC Windows system dashost exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exeC Program Files Common Files mcafee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exeC Program Files x Sony PlayMemories Home PMBDeviceInfoProvider exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgr exeC Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Windows system taskhostex exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center NetworkSetting NetworkClient EXEC PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXEC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services BookmarkDAV client exeC Program Files x Steam Steam exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files x Sony I... Read more

A:Emails using 5GB per day when only sending 5 small emails

Greetings malinboy and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497783/emails-using-5gb-per-day-when-only-sending-5-small-emails/
Relevancy 36.12%

When trying to open emails saved in folder for clients I receive "Message Cannot be found. The contents of this message cannot be found. Windows Mail"

I've received complaints from customers that they are emailing me but I'm not receiving their email. I've run malwarebytes and found 4 items. I've also run the unhide program on bleeping computers as well.

any advise/help would be greatly appreciated as my business runs mainly through emails.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465068/past-emails-gone-new-emails-not-all-coming-through/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a big list of email addresses in both .csv and .doc format. I want to send out a one time email advertising my business. It would take an eternity to manually send these out. And preferably I'd like to send one email per address without having a bunch of CC addresses because that will cause it to get flagged as spam.

Any suggestions?

A:How to send emails with big list of emails

Email Sending Limits for ISP, Web Hosting and Free Email Providers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/how-to-send-emails-with-big-list-of-emails-911610.html
Relevancy 36.12%

We all have friends who forward emails How emails hacked to from friends tell emails they have received from How to tell friends emails from hacked emails others and sometimes they can be a nuisance but other friends don t do it so often that it is annoying and they seem to find very interesting quot things quot and you would like to continue to open them BUT how can you tell if the email is a result of a hacked quot infected quot version I d like to know what you think of this Instead of just forwarding another email you put some text in it to identify it as coming from you NOT in the subject Like the following quot Hi guys thought you d like to see another Smith s find quot insert your own last name or a nickname your friends know is really you You might even send an email around telling your friends that you are identifying forwarded emails by quot Don s favorites quot BUT don t use it in the subject line nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-tell-friends-emails-from-hacked-emails.1053313/
Relevancy 36.12%

hello i have mail filtering my emails, is there a way to have a list of the unread emails and able to see in which folders they are located?

thanks

A:seen new emails in outlook when emails are filtered

If I understand you correctly, then I think you need to create a new folder and then tell Rules Wizard to put those e-mails into that folder and mark them as Unread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285764-seen-new-emails-outlook-when-emails-filtered.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Windows 7 RC 1 64bit. Where is the folder with my favorite-links?
I just wants to take a backup of all favorite incl hyperlinks, but I can't find any way to do it. In IE8 itself I have the option to export the favorite, but it want ME to select which folder the links are in, and I don't know

Please help, as I want this backup transfered to another Windows 7 install.

A:Hyperlinks?

C:\Users\Administrator\Favorites

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/10241-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have a document in office 2007 that seems to have hyperlinks in it but I can't see them.
When I go to insert tab and click hyperlink it shows me a list of hyper links.

What I want to do is delete them as they seem to be giving me trobble with inserting an Table Of Contents all of the info in the hyperlinks show up in the Table of contents.

Can any one help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks.741880/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ihad a problem with clicking on a hyperlink It starts to open a new window but stalls I ve tried norton windows support useless If I click open in new window same problem It happens in IE I m runninng XP and I m administrator I found a fix for office suites but not for links w i IE Anybody got any ideas I ve tried the hyperlinks below fixes and no help any other ideas this is hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C hyperlinks WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C PROGRA Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program hyperlinks Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C Documents and Settings Glenn hyperlinks Lurie Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com bookmark home html quot C Documents and Settings Glenn Lurie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default fkwv t slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Glenn Lurie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default fkwv t slt prefs js O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - CB - - -B - E DB - no file O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C PROGRA Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Roxi... Read more

A:hyperlinks

Rescan and put a check next to these then close al browser windows and click fix checked"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CB466604-2742-4275-B767-4793E474DB73} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
If that doesn't cure then do the following
Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks.195463/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ihad a problem with clicking on a hyperlink It starts to open a new window but stalls I ve tried norton windows hyperlinks support useless If I click open in new window same problem It happens in IE I m runninng XP and I m administrator I found a fix for office suites but not for links w i IE Anybody got any ideas I ve hyperlinks tried the below fixes and no help any other ideas offline send email add buddy affero Joined Jan posts tech wausau Member Wausau WI IP - - PM report quote edit I had a similar problem with XP Pro opening links from Outlook Check out the following thread for the solution that I found http forums techguy org showthrea threadid Compaq US Mhz MB Ram Windows XP Pro Office Cable Modem offline private msg add buddy affero Joined Dec posts tech Rollin Rog Moderator North of Hollywoodland IP - - PM report quote edit In XP the first thing to try for this is to go to Start gt Run and enter regsvr urlmon dll Additional information here http support microsoft com defaul B EN-US Q nbsp

Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks.194843/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a website db where I use a combination of stored procedures and plain old sql queries from my web pages Pages consist of standard html and asp Queried data is fed back to the client browser from the server and displayed in tables HTML My hyperlinks question is How can I take a quot return quot that is in the form of a variable turn it into a hyperlink that goes to another asp page and displays the data for the value of the variable For this particular effort I would be using an individuals product selection as identified by his SSN This person may hyperlinks have several products that he she owns so the product ID variable would be the hyperlink and the initial screen may show several hyperlinks one for each product The catch is the destination ASP page would need to contain all the information for the individual based on their SSN These pieces of information are also variables that are normally fed from another location and not part of this quot path quot Consequently populating those fields address phone number etc represents another part of the challenge IE Product hyperlinks ID hyperlinks Variable quot egg quot If quot egg quot is clicked on the destination page displays all personal information about quot Joe Blow quot and his product quot egg quot with a drop down menu that contains all the other products he owns Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

You need to create a recordset on the second page that uses the variable passed from the first page as the criteria for the query to build that recordset. You might have to do some joins in your query to get all the related data into the recordset, but it's pretty strightforward.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks.85621/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ihad a problem with clicking on a hyperlinks hyperlink It starts to open a new window but stalls I ve hyperlinks tried norton windows support useless If I click open in new window same problem It happens in IE I m hyperlinks runninng XP and I m administrator I found a fix for office suites but not for links w hyperlinks i IE Anybody got any ideas I ve tried the below fixes and no help any other ideas this is hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C PROGRA Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exe C Documents and Settings Glenn Lurie Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com bookmark home html quot C Documents and Settings Glenn Lurie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default fkwv t slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Glenn Lurie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default fkwv t slt prefs js O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - CB - - -B - E DB - no file O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C PROGRA Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Roxi... Read more

Relevancy 35.69%

New problem just appeared. I can go to my homepage, and use the links on that page. But any other hyperlinks through other pages fail (They just repeat the same page). I have tried this on several different sites and the results are the same. Anybody got any ideas

A:Hyperlinks

This problem was solved using this link

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=180176

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks.138218/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I'm using windows 8.1 64, MS Office 2003 and Google chrome.   I am no longer able to open hyperlinks in Outlook using chrome I keep getting a General Failure "Server execution failed" notice whenever i click on a link.  It works  if i change back to IE as my Default Program but I don't really like IE.
Any help would be really appreciated 
Cec57

A:Help with hyperlinks

Hello, I'm having the same problem.  I tried the fixes on the Microsoft page.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19623646
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey
Somehow a setting in my Outlook 2007 has meant that every time I go to click on a link in an email, I get the message ' This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system adminstrator'. Now, I'm the only user and therefore the administrator, but I can't find what has been changed to change it back to allow links. Any suggestions?
Cheers

A:Hyperlinks

Hi, welcome to the forums, this is caused by a corrupt registry setting, basically Outlook is looking for the default browser and cannot find it. MS have a fix it for this, open the attached .zip file and right click on MicrosoftFixIt50388 select install

Attachment 75902

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hyperlinks-502667.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello everyone
I am setting up a blog and want to use a hyperlink on my microsoft office and yahoo signatures. That's not a problem but rather than having a long link I want to replace it with 'my site' or something similar so that peeps can just click on that. I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Ihave been given a code <a href="link to website">My Website</a> but to be honest when I enter my web link I don't know what you then do with it !

http://www.vistax64.com/software/213945-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.69%

ive just installed microsoft outlook 2007 but when i click on any hyperlinks in emails i get an error message about contacting the administrater anyone any ideas

Hi, xera2112, and welcome to the forums.

Did you do a full install? Have you since rebooted? What program is set as your default internet browser?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/179214-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Can anyone show us how to create a hyperlink in a word document to access a url address. also how to cause the cursor change to a pointed finger when it travels over the hyperlink. thanks for your help.

This link:Creating Hyperlinks in Microsoft Word, should be of help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262304/hyperlinks/
Relevancy 35.69%

i have come across an issue where users are being sent a hyperlink but the adress changes to "blocked file:///..........." the only thing i can think of that causes this is that the link is being copied and pasted into a new e-mail then sent out. if i forward the effected link from the users account to my own then send it back without making canges the user can access it. strange. please can someone help

Relevancy 35.69%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC X CL Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Hello When I open up a news article or something with hyperlinks that normally take me to another Hyperlinks to ads go news article there is now an advertisement that pops up when I click the link This only happens once per page For example if I hover over a link in an article my mouse icon will not change into the pointing hand and that Hyperlinks go to ads is when I know that it is going to take me to an advertisement But after I click on one hyperlink and go to the advertisement page I can then click on all of the links on the page without issue Thanks for any help you can offer me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-go-to-ads.1166995/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am creating some HTML pages on MS Word from Word docs and they link to each other using Hyperlinks.Add.

These are saved in directory C:\HTML\ . I want the web pages to be portable to other locations, so I need the hyperlink addresses to point to a page in the current directory.

For example, C:\HTML\Index.htm points to C:\HTML\Page1.htm, if I move the pages to D:\WEBPAGES\ then D:\WEBPAGES\Index.htm link still points to C:\HTML\Page1.htm and not D:\WEBPAGES\Page1.htm

I need these links to point to whatever directory they are loaded from.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Trev.

A:VBA Hyperlinks.Add

Put all the docs into a folder.
Port them in the folder...don't change the name of the folder.

As long as it's in a folder called MYFOLDER, for instance, it doesn't matter where MYFOLDER resides...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-hyperlinks-add.248001/
Relevancy 35.69%

I was asked to give additional info on my problem Emails outbox in emails outlook getting in stuck 2003. stuck Solved: outgoing I am using windows on internet explorer We are connected with at amp t for the internet The computer is a month old Dell Inspiron with i processor I recently had a trojan horse that totally Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox messed up my computer so badly that I brought it to a computer repair shop and had windows reloaded The computer is working fine now Before the trojan horse I was using Office and doing all my emails from outlook When windows was reloaded I uploaded the same Office I configured emails to go to outlook but for the life of me Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox I can go over to google gmail and both send and receive emails I just like the outlook setup There is alot of info on the internet on how to change your emails over to outlook I am currently using IMAP I also tried it with POP but no matter what I do outgoing emails go to the outbox I feel the system is configured correctly I get a message that the info I put in is correct I have no problem receiving emails on outlook What can I do to be able to send emails out using outlook I can send an email out on google gmail so I don t have a problem with the internet connection Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox

In almost all cases, it's just a matter of the settings not being correct, maybe the SMTP port number is incorrect or authentication needs to be turned on.

Also, if you had messages already waiting in the Outbox before changing any settings, you should delete those and try sending a new message.

Here's the AT&T settings: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&cv=801&_requestid=334567#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_

And the configuration steps: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_
It's pretty close for Outlook 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outgoing-emails-stuck-in-outlook-2003-emails-getting-stuck-in-outbox.1091734/
Relevancy 35.26%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 601279 MB, Free - 534529 MB; D: Total - 9097 MB, Free - 888 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AAF
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

A:Hyperlinks not working

I am using Windows 7 Home premium with IE8. I have had the problem of hyperlinks not working for a couple of weeks and in the process have reset IE8 with no result. I have read appropriate messages but they do not help. Attempting to use links in the messages also fails. What more can I do please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-not-working.1043374/
Relevancy 35.26%

How can I fix my acer netbook windows 7 IE9 problem: it won't let me access a weblink such as the kind you find on facebook pages? I have tried everything. Thanks, John

A:IE( won't let me access hyperlinks

This might help you. We have great Tutorials.
Internet Explorer - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/209558-ie-wont-let-me-access-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hyperlinks to websites worked previously in Oulook 2003.
No suddenly I get a message that I must contact the computer administrator because the site can not be opened.
I checked the settings in tools but I cannot find anything related to this .

Can anyone help me ?

A:Hyperlinks in Outlook

It's a setting under Tools--Options--Security in Internet Explorer, likely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-in-outlook.373463/
Relevancy 35.26%

so, my computer has been acting weird lately. my friend sends me a hyperlink thru skype and when i try to open it, the link tries to open with microsoft word instead of firefox. Then i go to manage my account on starcraft 2, and i gives me a link to the blizzard website. The same thing happens, and word tries to come up. what do i do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364920/hyperlinks-not-working/
Relevancy 35.26%

I downloaded Google Cloud for Microsoft office and it appered on my Excel doc.
I have a excel speedsheet that uses Hyperlinks. After this instalation I was unable to use the Hyperlinks and got this note from Excel“This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer”.
It did no good to remove the cloud app. it still does not work. Can anyone help.
?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-clouds.1032623/
Relevancy 35.26%

My mates computer (Windows 7) is refusing to open any links and he gets the following message.

This file does not have a program associated with it for this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel.

Can somebody please tell me in Kidergarten language how to make adjustments and rectify the problem. We are in our 70s and 80s so if you could spell it out, you will not offend us.

A:Can't open Hyperlinks

Hello John,

You could have him set Internet Explorer as the default program with all of it's associations set to it to fix this.

Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/287043-cant-open-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Not sure how to correct this or how it happened. The situation is that if I pick a shortcut on the desktop, a link to a web site, I get an error box that states "unable to open this Internet Shortcut. The protocol "http" does not have a registered program."

Another example is if I pick a hyperlink in an email I get an windows error stating that it "cannot open this file" and the "file" listed is only a portion of the hyperlink. The error window wants me to pick a solution on finding a program to run the "file." How do I fix this.

Relevancy 35.26%

I have put some hyprelinks on my desktop to connect me to often used websites. When I click on the hyperlink, I get the message telling me that the application is not found. What can I do to resolve tis problem?

A:Hyperlinks on desktop

You didn't say what browser your using but if it's I.E. 7 try this fix-http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htmIf you have I.E. 8 give this a try-http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel...&artlang=en

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239161/hyperlinks-on-desktop/
Relevancy 35.26%

When I am using the internet I am not able to see links to click on. I am able to pictures, and only certain parts of a website. For instance I am not able to see the post button in order to post this thread, so I have to move my cursor around until I land on it by chance. I think that somehow I changed my settings, how do I get them back to the original settings?

A:Cannot see hyperlinks on websites

Please try to reset the settings of Internet explorer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-see-hyperlinks-on-websites-359626.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hyperlinks to ads on every web page Hello,

On every web page i am harassed by these hyperlinks leading to ads. If this is an infection and not something i could easily switch off or uninstall could someone please help me remove them.
I believe its some kind of adware, l have run malwarebytes removed some stuff, but it still persists,
it affected firefox and chrome but not IE 11

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-to-ads-on-every-web-page.1126894/
Relevancy 35.26%

When i do Ctrl+K (in MS Word) i get to the hyperlinks insertion table, however when i scroll down the previously browsed pages i have thousands of un-wanted hyperlinks that simply confuse matters. does anyone know how to delete these hyperlink??? if it helps i am runnig windows 98 se + Office 2000 premium!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:PLEASE HELP MS WORD:HYPERLINKS

These links are coming from your internet browser. If you want to get rid of all the links from Word then you have to remove them from your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer go to Tools, Internet Options, and then click on Clear History. Hope that helps a little.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-ms-word-hyperlinks.37974/
Relevancy 35.26%

At work I use Internet Explorer version 6. Normally, if I receive a hyperlink in an email, for example, I click on it and the linked page opens. However, in my work IE when I click a hyperlink IE opens to its homepage. Others at work do not have this problem. When they clink a hyperlink the linked page opens. Is there some sort of box I need to tick in the options menu?

A:IE v6 Hyperlinks not Working

One thing to try:For Windows XPAt the top of this page TOOLS/Internet Options.Advanced tab.Close all open windows. At the bottom, click the Reset button under Reset Internet Explorer settings. A confirmation box will open, click OK. Click OK in the main advanced tab window. This will reset the homepage to MSN, which can be easily changed back to whatever page you prefer to use.Open IE. Try to open a link from IE and Outlook Express. I did some research, the process is the same for Vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200841/ie-v6-hyperlinks-not-working/
Relevancy 35.26%

In my Access database I have a hyperlink field which links to a spreadsheet that is stored on our server My table contains customer information and everyday my customers email a spreadsheet which is then saved in Access Hyperlinks on the server this is where the hyperlink looks to My problem is that whilst the spreadsheets are saved in the same location they are not Hyperlinks in Access always emailed across with the same name e g my customers Hyperlinks in Access might be called quot Anycompany Ltd quot but some days the spreadsheet is sent with the name quot Anycompany quot or Hyperlinks in Access quot Anycomapny June quot meaning that my hyperlink does not work as the file has a different name There are thousands of customers in the database so to rename every file sent through correctly would be time consuming My customer all have a unique reference number which they input in the Excel File properties dialog box Could I make my hyperlink use file properties from an excel file rather than the file path and location I just want to know if it is possible nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-in-access.635535/
Relevancy 35.26%

Geeks

I have a problem with some hyperlinks on the internet. When I click on the links nothing happens.

Do I have to uninstall and then re-install IE?

A:Internet Hyperlinks

Try IEFix Utility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-hyperlinks.502886/
Relevancy 35.26%

So I have been using Excel for spreadsheets for quite some time. Out of nowhere this morning I opened one of my most common spreadsheets, and there is hyperlinks in fields that never had hyperlinks.

For example: a cell that has someone's name in it as plain text now has a hidden hyperlink on it to another company that is in my spreadsheet.

My list of companies is about 2,500 long and I can't click anywhere in the spreadsheet now without having to wait for a website to load before I can alt-tab back to copy or modify the information.

A:Help With Excel Hyperlinks

I don't know how it happened, but you can get rid of all hyperlinks with this small piece of code.
It will delete ALL hyperlinks on the active sheet.

Code:
Sub del_hl()
Dim hl As Hyperlink, ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
For Each hl In ws.Hyperlinks
hl.Delete
Next
End Sub
Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-excel-hyperlinks.996100/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi Again I have been learning so much from all of you that I can now do some medium complex macros by myself However this hyperlink thing is driving me crazy Here is the problem My computer is on a shared network I put my files Hyperlinks Excel in in a shared drive called quot W quot This W drive is shared by other people in my department I have developed an Excel spread sheet with macros and on this spreadsheet I have also put Hyperlinks in Excel many hyperlinks to other Excel files The reason for this is mostly convenience I can simply click on a hyperlink and voila I m there Now when my co-workers go into my spreadsheet with the hyperlinks they do not work It says quot Cannot open specified file quot My co-workers have to re-do all the hyperlinks and then when I open the spreadsheet I have to reset all the hyperlinks and I have over What are we doing wrong The paths seem to be identical Is there a macro that creates a hyperlink that looks for the file name in any Cell when you click on the cell and looks for the file name in the shared network no matter where it is in the computer If one exists it will solve my problem unless someone out there steers me in the right direction on what I m doing wrong with the hyperlinks Thanks Mario nbsp

A:Hyperlinks in Excel

You should just have to ensure that your mapping of the used drives/and shares are identical for both of your computers. What is defined (mapped) on your computer as the W: drive has to be the same on someone elses PC.

Also the permissions may have to be identical (read and possibly write capability).

It is possible to set up a batch or a command file to check for the existance of unique files to make sure the required mappings are the same - and alter them if they aren't. But that is beyond the scope of this message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-in-excel.329677/
Relevancy 35.26%

While in some web pages, I click on a hyperlink, I sometimes get a quick two-note (low, higher) beep and the link does not come up. Some hyperlinks work and some do not in the same page. I asked tech help from my server what was happening. He thought it might be my pop-up stopper but disabling it did not help. He then thought I probably needed a Java applet which I downloaded, but it didn't help. Very frustrating. Any ideas? Bill

A:Beeping hyperlinks

I asked this question on the 13th and got no reply. I am still having this problem. CAn anyone answer my question? Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/beeping-hyperlinks.352755/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hellow Seven Forums,

I have been using a page in Word 2007 to store htm videos received via email. I have at lseat 50 or more in one page. Have received three in the past month, as in several others these three do not have an htm or html at the end, however these three do not change colore as the 50 or mother others do and do not atctivate the small text that states to hold the ctrl key down when clicked will take you to the site. Any idea why these last three are not hyperlinked like all the others. I can select any one of the three, past them into IE9 and work fine, the link does not work like all the others. The word options has a check mark in the section to activate Hyperlinks. I reviewed all of my previous posts regarding this issue, could not find a solution.

A:Hyperlinks, most are OK last three wont???

If you right-mouse click on any of those non-working hyperlinks, does it show that it has an active link attached to it?

If it has a hyperlink assigned, then it will show options in the right-mouse click menu such as Edit, Select, Open etc.

Let us know what you see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/254290-hyperlinks-most-ok-last-three-wont.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Problem

About 40% of the hyperlinks don't activate when clicked, neither do the images enlarge when clicked.<<>> At a website, click to go in, a white page is pulled up denying entry>>
>>My "Search" capability lost<<>>, am getting a "not connected&#8221; error message when I try to use my scanner, which is fine.<<>> I can&#8217;t print from Aol&#8230;printer fine.

Lou10
E-mail addresses removed by Cookiegal

Relevancy 35.26%

My boss has kindly (!!!) given me a document to edit in Excel 2000, which has approx 2000 hyperlinks in. I need to change each hyperlink to show its proper address, and so far I have been -

-right click
-copy hyperlink
-paste

Is there a quicker way to convert them all?

Many thanks, Teresa

A:Excel hyperlinks - help!

Yep.

Try Dave Hawley's user-defined function.

Took me about 15 seconds to set it up; works GREAT.

Here's the function:

Function GetAddress(HyperlinkCell As Range)
GetAddress = Replace _
(HyperlinkCell.Hyperlinks(1).Address, "mailto:", "")
End Function
Here's where I got it and the instructions:
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/HyperlinkAddress.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-hyperlinks-help.104829/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,

I want to ask you one question. I am putting hyperlinks to my Excel 2000 file. To be more precise I am linking images to my Excel sheet. And I would like to know HOW to force Excel to REMEMBER my chosen folder (the one in which I keep my images), and type of picture files (eg .jpgs) from which I am taking my pictures? It is very annoying to fix the catalogue and type of files again and again and again....

I would be very grateful for your help

Jazzek

Relevancy 35.26%

When i click a hyperlink in an email, nothing happens.No 'click' sound occurs and the browser doesn't even open. I'm using IE 6, office 2000 (outlook). This may have to do w/McAfee (I'm using the Security Suite).

Thanks for any advice....

Relevancy 35.26%

This just started.... If I'm on a web page and try to open a new link nothing happens. A new tab will pop up and it will say "connecting" but thats it. And we have been really using this to shop the web and have had many tabs up at one time, comparing prices shipping etc.
Id like to get that problem take care of, and then do a tune up on this PC too.

Im runnning XP and its a wireless mouse too
Thanks

Tony

A:Can't open hyperlinks

Have you downloaded/used any new browsers lately? Or do you remember any significant things you did just before you noticed this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-hyperlinks-324634.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all,

I have several forms that are linked to one another via hyperlinks (each form is tied to one or more different tables via different queries). When someone is done with one form, they click on a link and that brings up that form. However, the previous form stays open in the background - is there a way to force that previous form to close?
Also, is there a way to open up the new form at the same respondent number (all the forms are tied to a table called personal data which has the respondent id number)? Right now, the new form opens up at respondent #1 every time.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 35.26%

I've been using windows 8 since its release and I really like it after installing vis start windows 8 start menu since day 2. I never see the metro interface at all so I am 100% happy, but I'm wasting time so here is the issue at hand that I need a fix for.

I recently uninstalled all of my drivers and updated them. After doing this I can no longer use hyperlinks thru yahoo, gmail, att or any webmail. I also cannot access windows firewall to reset the firewall settings or open the firewall rules or anything on the system which uses a hyperlink. I never had this problem before uninstalling all of my old drivers, installing new ones, and running driver sweeper in between to ensure no driver conflicts.

How do I fix this? I certainly hope a reinstall isn't my only option.

A:Can't click hyperlinks

Start with methods described in these KB articles (regardless of what their titles say):
• Hyperlinks in an e-mail message do not work in Office 2000 or in Office 2002 programs
• Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook
• Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/27703-cant-click-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Some how I have turned off hyperlinks in my email browser and do not know how to turn it back on. I hope this is the correct area to post such a question. Thanks in advance for your assistance. "The nob"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-hyperlinks.63969/
Relevancy 35.26%

Im fixing a friends computer which has been having a very strange problem.

Im looking for any ideas short of a recovery if possible.

A few weeks ago my friend has started doing a game programming course and has a disc with questions and links to online websites. Also there is hyperlinks which should start videos which are based on the disc.

Now a couple of weeks ago the hyperlinks have stopped working, and frankly im stumped. You click on them, a quick loading circle and then nothing.

I have tried:
>>System restore
>>Uninstalling flash, air, jave, .net, silverlight and shockwave and then reinstalling them all with the latest versions.
>>The disc works fine on a different computer and seems to be a problem on the computer.

Any ideas guys?

A:Hyperlinks not working

Is this all links, like in IE too? Or just the program?

If just the program, was the drive letter of the CDROM/DVD changed after the program was installed? Like from D to E if a hard drive was installed? That'll mess up programs sometimes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/176641-hyperlinks-not-working.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hiya folks, first time poster in here.

For some reason just the other day, many of my hyperlinks stopped working.

My Gmail pop up notification links aren't working, in Skype, my "forgot your password" link isn't working, that kind of thing. The mouse identifies the links, but when I click on them, nothing's happening. It seems to be happening with a lot of random links, yet some others, like googletalk notification, are still working.

I've done a registry clean up and defrag just to be sure everything was in order, but nothing's helped. Anyone else having this issue?

Hope I'm in the right place, and thanks in advance for any assistance!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245524-many-hyperlinks-not-working.html
Relevancy 35.26%

When I hit a hyperlink, I'm being redirected to a variety of commerical sites that hav nothing to do with the purpose. How can I get rid of this? Is it a virus, or has someone taken control somehow?

A:Help! My hyperlinks have been hijacked!

Most likely you have installed a browser toolbar or some other form of adware. Generally these types of infections aren't too severe, they are easy to remove and they don't do anything other than annoy. Not always the case though. Malwarebytes is a great free scanner that will identify all sorts of adware/toolbars etc. and easily remove them. I would suggest downloading it and running a full scan, then removing all issues it finds. If you still are having issues, please post in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544967/help-my-hyperlinks-have-been-hijacked/
Relevancy 35.26%

When I try Hyperlinks in E mail I receive the following message "Office outlook-operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer-please contact system administrator" I have just reloaded everything following a crash. I never had this problem previously and as I am the system administrator I am baffled. Any tips?

A:Hyperlinks in E mail off

Hello serenejim

Go here

Use the HTM fix

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hyperlinks-in-e-mail-off-282315.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hyperlinks attached to all received emails fail to open. When clicked they display the warning -'window not found' along with the link details - can someone help please?

A:Hyperlinks Not Working - WLM

Hyperlinks not working

last post , could be worth a shot

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223527-hyperlinks-not-working-wlm.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have XP SP2, Firefox and Live Hotmail. Formerly I could copy a website and paste it into the text of my e-mail and it would become a hyperlink. That no longer works in Firefox, and it does not work in Internet Explorer. What else can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hyperlinks-in-e-mail-302223.html
Relevancy 35.26%

some time ago links sent to me in programs such as MSN and Mozilla Thunderbird stopped working - clicking on them does nothing. I can highlight them and right click "copy link location", then paste them into my browsers address bar and get to them but that's the slow way - any ideas on how to fix this?
PS: links in forums such as this and other links work fine just MSN and Thunderbird so far

A:not all hyperlinks work

Try un-installing the applications and rebooting and then re-installing them and reboot again then try them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/not-all-hyperlinks-work-298793.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,
I recently bought a new computer - Packard Bell - windows XP. When I go to outlook express and try to open the links on the emails - nothing happens. For example, Iam on the mailing list for a holiday site - Flight Centre. Emails always have links to other destinations. On my old computer with windows 98, I could click on the link and it would open. On the new computer, nothing happens. Any ideas?
Thankyou,

A:Email Hyperlinks

Try this?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679&amp;sd=tech

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-hyperlinks.435082/
Relevancy 35.26%

When I click on a hyperlink in an email like the one in the attached (highlighted in red)

I get the warning as per the attached.

I am not aware of changing anything in the registry although Reghunter might have done this without my knowledge. Can you help ?

A:hyperlinks don't work

Try using the one for URL in this tutorial.
Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/368533-hyperlinks-dont-work.html
Relevancy 35.26%

for some reason, whenever I click on any kind of hyperlink in any email program i use, nothing happens. help please?

A:[Resolved] can't use hyperlinks

Is Internet Explorer selected as your default browser?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q177054

Also verify the correct file association for XP in the above article.

Do you have trouble opening links in "new" windows other than e-mail hyperlinks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-cant-use-hyperlinks.160653/
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm used to hyperlinks either showing up underscored or bold or something distinctive. On both my Dell PS and my ASUS Tablet, the hyperlinks are not different from the surrounding text. Is there a setting I can change?

A:Can't see hyperlinks: Windows 8 or IE 10?

Don't make us guess the program you're having problems with and post the screenshot.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/28763-cant-see-hyperlinks-windows-8-ie-10-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

This is embarrassing because 1)I've read all kinds of information online about this problem and 2) I cannot make a screen shot in spite of all the instructions posted here.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact you system administrator."

I know this is a common issue, and I should be able to fix it. But I can't. I have fooled around with different browsers, and I suspect that is the problem. I have tried the "Tools/Internet Options/" instructions given on the Microsoft page. "Make Default" is grayed out, so I cannot select it to make IE my default browser again. There are lots of sites which give lengthy instructions about H KEYS, but don't tell me how to get to them in the first place.

Is there a simple fix?

A:Cannot open any hyperlinks

This long thread at Microsoft Community seems giving the HKEY to re-register HERE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330261-cannot-open-any-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all,

Is there a way of inserting a hyperlink in an excell spreadsheet with a web address which is more than 255 chars?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
barday

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all,
I am trying to make a dropdown box in excel that contain hyperlinks to other excel workbooks. Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to do this... I have tried and I'm thinking that I have my code wrong in VB. I do not know VB at all ( I copied the code from another forum that was doing almost the same thing I want to do) when I click on the link it gives me the "Run Time Error" pop up..

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Memi

Relevancy 35.26%

Just a couple days ago I started have an issue when trying to open hyperlinks e mailed to me. When I click on the link it tries to launch a game I had in my d: drive. After I took out the cd it would then say "cd not found" or something similar when clicking on the link. This game has been installed a everything working fine for over a year or so. I uninstalled the game and tried the link again, now a black box pops ups for a second, goes away and nothing happens?? HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-open-hyperlinks.251085/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,

I am trying to have links on my web site, but the problem is that i want links to have different colors...
but how do i do it. if in the body at the beginning i have declared the colors for links, visitedlinks and activelinks, then how do i differentiate between links on my page...

(i want to do this becaus i have darker background in some places and i have to put some links there, and i want these links to be white, but i don`t want all my links to be white, since my main background is also white...) ...

i appreciate any help,
Thanks, Vida

A:html: hyperlinks

Hi vidaabedi,

Look at the following example, it works !

<html>
<!-- Date de création: 16-08-2004 -->
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title></title>
<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="keywords" content="">
<meta name="author" content="">
<meta name="generator" content="WebExpert 5">
<style>
A.toblue { COLOR: blue }
A.togreen { COLOR: green }

A.toblue:hover {background-color: yellow}
A.togreen:hover {background-color: red}

</style>
</head>
<body>
<table>
<tr>
<td>
<a href="www.testblue.com" CLASS="toblue">www.testblue.com</a>
</td>
</tr>
<td>
<a href="www.testgreen.com" CLASS="togreen">www.testgreen.com</a>
</td>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/html-hyperlinks.262691/
Relevancy 35.26%

Acer Aspire laptop. Windows7 homepremium. IE 9. Loaded updates today.

Many links, prior to today and continuing today, won't open upon left clicking in IE.
They will open in Firefox. I can copy them with right click.

A:many hyperlinks won't open in IE9

Click here DDS

Click on Download Now button

When the download is complete . Drag the DDS program from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Double click the DDS icon on the Desktop then click the Run button to run the tool.

Place a check next to attact.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/298719-many-hyperlinks-wont-open-ie9.html
Relevancy 35.26%

all my hyperlinks redirect to strange shopping sites i have been watching where they are going to get the information and they are going to somewhere called www copy-book com here is redirect hyperlinks my dds file DDS Version - NTFSx Run hyperlinks redirect by elliot at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes E WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system Drivers bwcsrv exe E Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DKService exe E Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe E Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe E Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe E WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E WINDOWS system tp mon exe E Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE E Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe E Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C Documents and Settings elliot My Documents agplogo S - - S TRAYHP EXE E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Documents and Settings elliot Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mRun TrackPointSrv tp mon exe mRun ShStatEXE quot e program files network associates virusscan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI quot e program files network associates common framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey mRun Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot e program files common files network associates talkback TBMon exe quot StartupFolder e docume elliot startm programs startup shortc lnk - c documents and settings elliot my documents agplogo s - - S TRAYHP EXE IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - e program files messenger msmsgs exe FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - e docume elliot applic mozilla firefox profiles nt rtp default SERVICES DRIVERS R NaiAvTdi NaiAvTdi e windows system drivers mvstdi x sys - - R bwcdrv BUFFALO Wireless Configuration e windows system drivers bwcdrv sys - - R McAfeeFramework McAfee Framework Service quot e program files network associates common framework FrameworkService exe quot ServiceStart - - R McShield Network Associates McShield quot e program files network associates virusscan Mcshield exe quot - - R McTaskManager Network Associates Task Manager quot e program files network associates virusscan VsTskMgr exe quot - - R CBBCM BUFFALO WLI-CB-XXX Series Wireless LAN Adapter e windows system drivers bcmwl sys - - R NaiAvFilter NaiAvFilter e windows system drivers naiavf x sys - - Created Last - - lt DIR gt --dshr-- E resycled - - ---shr-- E autorun inf - - lt DIR gt --d----- e program files uTorrent - - lt DIR gt --d----- e docume elliot applic uTorrent - - lt DIR gt --d----- e program files Executive Software - - lt DIR gt --d----- e documents and settings elliot temp - - lt DIR gt --d----- e program files LSoft Technologies - - lt DIR gt --ds---- e documents and settings elliot UserData - - a------- e windows randseed rnd - - lt DIR gt --d----- e program files common files Cisco Systems - - a------- e windows system drivers naiavf x sys - - a------- e windows system drivers mvstdi x sys - - lt DIR gt --d----- e docume alluse applic Network Associates - - lt DIR gt --d----- e program files Network Associates - - lt DIR gt --d----- e program files common files Network Associates - - a------- e windows system d d caps dat - - a------- e windows system mssusr dat - - a------- e windows system msfffff b dll - - a------- e windows system ipsp dll - - a------- e windows system SPORDER DLL - - a------- e windows system MSCHRT OCX - - ac------ e windows system dllcache mouhid sys - - a------- e windows system drivers mouhid sys - - ac------ e windows system dllcache hidusb sys - - a------- e windows system drivers hidusb sys - - ac------ e windows system dllcache usbstor sys - - lt DIR gt --d----- e windows pss - - lt DIR gt --d----- e documents and set... Read more

A:hyperlinks redirect

now my other system has the same problem, but the strangest thing is that this one has never downloaded anything from unreliable sources (reliable being things like itunes) i never would have downloaded anything potentially damaging onto this system. you will see 2 HDD's in the dds file, one is the 'Test' system (8GB) and one is the 'Live' system (30GB) this problem is on both systems, but they are both actually on the same hard disk, it has just been partitioned so that i could run 2 systems.

here is the dds file for the live system, i would prefer this to be sorted out before the other one...

DDS (Version 1.1.0) - NTFSx86
Run by elliot at 12:54:07.23 on 02/01/2009
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.5512 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_10
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.44.1033.18.511.202 [GMT 0:00]
============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\bwcsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\BUFFALO\Client Manager3\bwsvc\bwsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tp4mon.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\BUFFALO\Client Manager3\cm3_tray.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\elliot\My Documents\79036agplogo_S3\7-90-36\S3TRAYHP.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\elliot\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = about:blank
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
mWinlogon: System=kdcdt.exe
BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection: {53707962-6f74-2d53-2644-206d7942484f} - c:\progra~1\spybot~1\SDHelper.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
mRun: [TrackPointSrv] tp4mon.exe
mRun: [ShStatEXE] "c:\program files\network associates\virusscan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
mRun: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "c:\p... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190578/hyperlinks-redirect/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi there Can anyone help me with my in IE Hyperlinks not working Hijackthis script The problem I have is where web links do not open and the page freezes for about a minute Any advice gratefully recieved Thank you PiersLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Hyperlinks not working in IE SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes Hyperlinks not working in IE C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Hyperlinks not working in IE system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files USB Product Driver v r shwicon exeC Program Files SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia N-Gage connmngmntbox exeC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia N-Gage ectaskscheduler exeC Program Files com exeC Program Files Virgin Radio Player VRPlayer EXEC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT Elogerr exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRunTime mRouterRuntime exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT BROADC EXEC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT SCRFS exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC DOCUME Piers LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www tiscali co uk broadband R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - C AAD- - cbd- - A C E D - C WINDOWS system req dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeO - H... Read more

A:Hyperlinks not working in IE

You are currently using hijackthis from a temp directory. This can cause problems. Please create a directory on your c: drive called c:\hijackthis and download and unzip hijackthis into that directory. Run the program from that directory from now on.For a tutorial on how to use HijackThis please see the following link:Using HijackThis to Remove Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and DialersPrint out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsRun Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1C044AAD-7955-4cbd-8175-501A165C4E5D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\req.dllO20 - Winlogon Notify: req - C:\WINDOWS\system32\req.dllReboot your computer into Safe ModeThen delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)C:\WINDOWS\system32\req.dllReboot your computer to go back to normal mode and post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15868/hyperlinks-not-working-in-ie/
Relevancy 34.83%

when i hit a link or update button from within a program, will not access the internet.? What is up with that? Something i can check? I can copy the link and paste it into the browser and it works, just not from the hyperlink. Help...

A:Solved: Hyperlinks not working?..?

went to internet options and reset ie settings to default....worked, sorry for the trouble

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hyperlinks-not-working.471848/
Relevancy 34.83%

I know that this issue has been around a long time And I just want to be sure it hasn t been resolved or have a workaround Using Word for Mac when I insert a hyperlink to a pdf page on the web for example http web acbl org documentLibrary play Commonly Used Conventions jacobytransfers pdf PDF Work... Web Hyperlinks Pages Don't to it opens from the Word doc as HTML code gibberish But if I Hyperlinks to Web PDF Pages Don't Work... put the cursor in the URL field and click Enter it reverts to the actual pdf I want to create a pdf doc from the Word doc But when I do so none of the links work So I have to use a third-party app to individually re-enter each hyperlink I ve read that I can open the Word doc in Pages and the links will work But when I do that I have some text style and formatting issues I can t use the TSG SysInfo because it is for Windows I m on an iMac running Lion nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-to-web-pdf-pages-dont-work.1048904/
Relevancy 34.83%

After trying everything on this site to resolve my issue of hyperlinks to web items in Outlook taking 10 minutes to fully load the web page, I tried this & it worked.

In Windows Explorer, go to Programs, & find Microsoft Office & click on Office 12 to show all the files. Right click on the Outlook application. Select Troubleshoot Compatability from the drop down menu. It will guide you through a series of 3 or 4 questions, select "don't know" each time (because slow hyperlinks isn't listed for troubleshooting). Once you have completed these steps, it will troubleshoot possible compatability issues. Finally, it will ask you to try the change & if it is fine, save the settings it changed. For me, it immediately solved the issue & it said it found one compatibility problem.

A:Outlook hyperlinks slow

Thanks for sharing your solution, wildthing901

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-hyperlinks-slow.1074315/
Relevancy 34.83%

When you click hyperlinks that are contained in e-mail messages from Microsoft Outlook Express after you upgrade your browser to Windows Internet Explorer you may experience the following issues To solve this issue Follow the steps Click 'Start' and then click 'My Computer' On the 'Tools' menu click 'Folder Options' In the Folder Options dialog box click the 'File Types' tab hyperlinks correctly not The do work In the 'Registered file types' list click ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol' and then click 'Advanced' In the 'Edit File Type' dialog box click 'Edit' Make sure that you note the current values for the fields that are in this dialog box before you move to next step You The hyperlinks do not work correctly may have to restore the values for the fields that you changed if this method does not resolve the issue Type 'open' in the 'Action' box if it is not already there Type 'C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe' -nohome in the 'Application used to perform action' box if it is not already there Click to select the 'Use DDE' check box if it is not already selected Type '' ' - ' in the 'DDE Message' box if it is not already there Type 'IExplore' in the 'Application' box if it is not already there Make sure that there is no value in the 'DDE Application Not Running' box If there is a value in this box remove the value Type 'WWW OpenURL' in the 'Topic' box if it is not already there Click 'OK' two times to close the 'Edit File Type' dialog box In the 'Registered file types' list locate and then click ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy' and then click 'Advanced' Repeat step through by using the ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy' list item instead of the ' NONE URL HyperText Transfer Protocol' list item Click 'OK' to close the 'Folder Options' dialog box Test a hyperlink from Outlook Express

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/the-hyperlinks-do-not-work-correctly-337311.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I've recently started getting lots of ads in my browser, all of them with gray text underneath that say "Ads Not By This Site." Random pop-ups, some text is hyperlinked to ads. Using Windows 7 Home Premium. I was using Firefox, most recent version, when the problems started and they also happened in Chrome. I've since uninstalled Firefox and well as Chrome. I've reinstalled Chrome, still having the problems. Checked the extensions and had "ShopRunner" but I uninstalled the extension as well as the program in my Uninstall Programs list. I also have an extension called "TubeAdoblockier" but I cannot uninstall the extension (it says "installed by enterprise policy"). I do not see any other suspicious extensions or programs. I've tried searching for that particular extension but nothing comes up. I ran MicroTrend Housecall and it said there were no threats, but I'm still seeing pop ups.

A:Pop-ups, "ads not by this site", hyperlinks on webpages...

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522808/pop-ups-ads-not-by-this-site-hyperlinks-on-webpages/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm trying to create an Excel 2003 document with hyperlinks to other places on my hard drive. However, it loses its convenience when I have to go through multiple security questions when I click on one. Is there any way to get past this?

Thanks
Peg

A:hyperlinks and security questions

What type of "places" are you talking about? If you are linking to EXE files, there's no way around it (that I know of), but if you are linking to other XLS files, or DOC files, there should be a security setting under Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-and-security-questions.514558/
Relevancy 34.83%

I had a surprise pop-up box from Microsoft, which I may have caused myself, and which said "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system Administrator." It appears that I may have inadvertently done something which has negated all my hyperlinks, including those appearing in emails as well as links between workbooks. Favourites links are not affected. Where have I gone wrong here?
While I'm here, a big 'Thank you' tp Tech Guy for your birthday message, sent on my 83rd birthday. It was greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: No working hyperlinks.

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-working-hyperlinks.948214/
Relevancy 34.83%

I can't seem to get any response from clicking on a link in my mailer or other programs and getting the webpage to display in the browser. The only way that I can get it to work is to cut and paste the link into the browser address bar and then hit enter and all is well. Don't know if I explained this well enough but any help would be appreciated.
Robert

A:Clicking on Hyperlinks not functioning

Try holding down the Ctrl key while you click.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-on-hyperlinks-not-functioning.662642/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I have a big problem with my hyperlinks not working outside of IE. It all started when I installed Firefox to see what the hype was all about. Firefox crashed everytime I opened a page so I uninstalled it. Well I thought that was the end of my problems but then I discovered that no hyperlink worked in any of my other programs. So I went into "file types" and set the files that was still associated with Firefox to IE. That didnt work so I am at my witts end. Can anyone help me?

A:HYperlinks no longer working

Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Run dialog box, and then click OK:
regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Repeat step 1 for each of the following commands:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
You can copy/paste
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes the above doesn't work,if that's the case,try this:
Open Internet explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Programs.
At the bottom,click on Reset web settings.
Apply/OK
Restart and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-no-longer-working.275996/
Relevancy 34.83%

From my research I should be able to use Insert/File/Insert/Insert as Hyperlink to add a link to a network file in my Outlook 2000 emails. But when I go to Insert/File/Insert I don't see "Insert as Hyperlink". When I try to add the link manually by typing file://\\G:\path\path\path\filename.xls (inserting %20 for spaces in the path) I get message: Cannot find 'file:///G:/path/path/path/filename.ext. Note slashes after file: and direction of slashes in the path. It also substitutes %2520 for %20. I had tried %2520 earlier with no success but it seems it is remembering.
What am I doing wrong?

Update- I added <http://www.cnn.com> and it worked fine

Relevancy 34.83%

Now it may be different since this is PowerPoint 2004 for Mac (part of Office suite), but I would assume the problem could be on a PC too.

My wife has spent about 120 hours in a few days on a ppt file for work and whenever she creates a hyperlink to another slide, then saves and exits, the hyperlinks are ethier not there or linked to something else. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have tried looking at MS site but not found anything useful.

Edit: I found out that the problem with the links is that it says Empty String for the link when reopened. It did happen on a PC version too but the PC version was able to save the links when they were redone.

A:PowerPoint: Hyperlinks does not work

I did up 3 slides. Made a link on slide 1 to go to slide 3.
Then tried it and it worked.
I was going to send you that but then realized you had MAC
But it seems to work fine.
So possibly someone with Mac version can help you out more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerpoint-hyperlinks-does-not-work.496999/
Relevancy 34.83%

When I click on a link in my email, it does nothing, goes nowhere. This happens in Edge as well as Chrome. I have Office 2007. This just started happening. If I copy the link and paste it, it seems fine. Need some help out there guys and gals. You have been pretty good to me so far.

A:Hyperlinks not working in Email.

Check that your default .html apps are correctly set up in "Choose Default Apps by Filetype"

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/51917-hyperlinks-not-working-email.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have many files with several thousands hyperlinks embedded in them.
How do I convert the embedded hyperlinks from .doc to .docx and from .xls to .xlsx.
I do not have hyperlinks to internet sources in there.

A:Converting hyperlinks to Windows 8

I would imagine just open them up IN Word 2010-2013, and save it as a webpage. There are tools in there to tell it to detect links.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30531-converting-hyperlinks-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Ziggy helped me the other day with some code that would create hyperlinks within excel and now I Code Excel for hyperlinks have a similar question I Code for Excel hyperlinks have two columns one named cross street one and the other named cross street two Code for Excel hyperlinks When looked at together they make up a street intersection Right now they are just plane text I noticed that I could manually hyperlink both columns so that when you click on the name it will pull Code for Excel hyperlinks the intersection up in google maps the hyperlink is always the same except for the intersection name and looks like this http maps google com maps f q amp hl amp sspn amp ie UTF amp z amp om My question is is there a way for excel to automatically take the plain text from the columns and place it inside that hyperlink so that when clicked it would pull up that intersection in google maps All I can think of is some sort of script that takes the strings from the columns places a quot quot wherever there is a space and slots it into the part of the hyperlink that does not have to change Does that make any sense at all I ve got about intersections to do this with and I d like to not have to do it by hand I appreciate any help you guys are able to provide Nick nbsp

A:Code for Excel hyperlinks

Probably you could get some code to replace 1, x, 2, y, 3, and 4 in the following with the street, street designations (st, ave) city and state in the following.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...68&sspn=75.50708,111.796875&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1
Firefyter around?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/code-for-excel-hyperlinks.597895/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I've got an excel file which is used for checking Audio files. I'm using the hyperlink function to link to a cell which contains the directory path of the file I want to check.

E.G.

The hyperlink cell reads:

HYPERLINK(B4,"LINK")

The excel files sits outside the folder containing the audio, so the B4 reads:

Audio Folder\Audio_file01.wav

So I click on "LINK" and Excel looks in B4, sees the path to the audio, then the audio plays.

This works fine on a PC, but when I move the excel to a Mac, nothing happens. No audio, no error message.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/excel-hyperlinks-pc-file-on-mac-303345.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Having installed several hyperlinks into my xlsx spreadsheet which now shows
(Cancelled due to restrictions - contact system administrator ) I am that man.
since last update on this windows 7 OS, a couple of things seem to have changed.
How can i change these restrictions please?

Rimbo