Windows Support Forum

Firefox freezes after being left idle

Q: Firefox freezes after being left idle

Hi all,

I am using FF 5 currently and every time I leave the browser for a few minutes and then 'wake' it from being idle, I get a delay until it starts to respond to anything.

It seems that this problem started when I first upgraded from FF 3 to 4 and has been going on since then.
I have tried to disable some add-ons to test if this would make a difference, have created a new profile, cleared cache, history etc. but nothing seems to keep the browser from going into this 'hibernation mode'.

I really do like FF per se, but this issue is driving me nuts. Has anyone had the same experiences with FF and can maybe help me with some advise on how to fix this.

thanks so much in advance!

PS: I use windows 7 (64 bit) and run the FF 64 bit version with it.

wheelz

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Firefox freezes after being left idle

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Firefox freezes after being left idle

Hi wheelz, welcome to 7 forums.
Download Revo Uninstaller Portable - Download and use it with default settings to remove FF. Reboot before re install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/178253-firefox-freezes-after-being-left-idle.html
Relevancy 79.12%

After starting up the comp, if left alone at the login screen the computer freezes and nothing responds. It happens after reaching the desktop as well if left idle, and when I have windows up that are not doing anything, but almost never while I am in the middle of doing stuff. It doesn't create a dump file either. The computer would occasionally freeze up back when I got it (6~ months ago, yard sale), but it was less frequent and after longer idle periods. Now it happens nearly every time.
Thanks for any help.

Windows 7 32 bit
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+
Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2
A-Data Tech 4x 1GB 400mhz
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Hitachi 500GB HDD, Western Digital 500GB HDD
ATX CW500 P4 500W

Relevancy 79.12%

We have an HP laptop with Windows 7 that is less than 2 years old. It seems to work fine while using it but if it is left idle for more than a few minutes it locks up and you have to power it off to get it working again. Any ideas of what the problem might be? I'm not even sure if this is the right forum for this problem.

A:Computer freezes up if left idle

What are you using for spyware and virus? That is always the first place to look.
What are your Power Options settings in Control Panel? Add any memory to laptop?
How about giving us the model number or hardware please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-up-if-left-idle-633969.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My computer is relatively new, and has decent specs. 2 gigs of ram, 250gb hard drive, 1.8ghz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS.

Recently, my computer has started freezing when it is idle for a short while. I installed the latest driver software for my video card because I thought that was the problem, and it fixed it for a bit, then the problem came back, forcing me to do an emergency shutdown, causing the problem to persist. I recently did a windows update and it included the driver software again so I had it reinstall the software and the same thing happened. Fixed for a while the it came back.

I'm really sick of it. Any help?

A:Vista freezes when left idle; didn't before now

what OS are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-when-left-idle-didnt-before-now-271008.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys I have an issue here that I'm 'hoping' some of you might be able to point me in the right direction in getting it sorted Basically about month ago a good friend of mine purchased a brand new acer desktop comptuer I haven't got the exact ? idle freezes Windows totally when 8 left model to hand as he lives kilometers from Windows 8 freezes totally when left idle ? me and he's not tech savvy at Windows 8 freezes totally when left idle ? all however from what I remember of it it's windows x gb ram and i processor so not bad at all Windows 8 freezes totally when left idle ? When he got it I set it up for him as in just put in the regional setting etc and ran through the initial set up and all went well I installed all his programs and all was good So about a month on he rang me and said his computer is just freezing randomly always when it's left idle for minutes or so and this happens all day every day He said he didn't install any software or hardware I'm stumped to what it is at this stage that could be causing it This is what I asked him to do over the phone Ran hitman pro which said all was clean Ran chkdsk f which was fine Went into power options and set both screen and sleep to never Ran sfc scannow which said it found some corrupt file but could not fix all ran this from command prompt from inside windows as admin I've guided him through all this over the phone but I will see him during the week so just wondering if you have any suggestions on what could be a quick fix for this This is only a new pc so if I can't sort the problem rather than doing a fresh install and checking all the hardware internally I'm wondering if he should bring it back to the shop as it's only a month old or would I be better of doing the fresh install He uses it daily so time could be an issue if it was left back to the shop and they wanted to have a look at it for a few days but I dont want to mess up his warranty either Any suggestions Cheers Focus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515778/windows-8-freezes-totally-when-left-idle/
Relevancy 78.26%

Thanks For Viewing I work as an ICT Technician at a school one Internet the left on idle freezes when Laptop or of the staff approached me this week with his laptop saying it keeps freezing here was me thinking i bet its something simple i started working on the laptop monday and i did a bit of Laptop freezes when left idle or on the Internet research and put it down to a bluetooth stack this laptop doesnt have bluetooth that was being stopped by Windows DEP So i removed the stack and benchmarked the laptop of hours no problems and the laptop seemed ok so i gave it back Today he came to me and said the laptop was doing it again this time he told me it was only after he plugged his ethernet cable into the laptop it started about mins later Heres a few things i have tried to stop the problem Ran Reg Clean-up Installed ALL drivers Ran Windows Update Scanned With Spybot Scanned With Microsoft SE Scanned with sophos Schools Version It litrally freeze s No lights only battery light keyboard is non responsive caps num scroll lights dont come on mouse doesnt work at all Which doesnt leave much Laptop freezes when left idle or on the Internet i have considered it hardware but the fact it only does it when its connected to the internet confuses me So i thought hey Why should i be the only one scratching my head over this Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop freezes when left idle or on the Internet

Still looking for a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-when-left-idle-or-on-the-internet.171937/
Relevancy 78.26%

HP G62
AMD Athelon II P320 dual-core 2.10Ghz
3GB of RAM
Windows 64 bit OS

A:Laptop freezes when left idle and won't come out of hybernation.

The system health report is not incredibly useful for debugging these types of crashes. Even if you are not having a blue screen crash, please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with your system and application logs. Those logs will contain any errors and may help lead to discovering the cause of the crashes.

In the meantime, see if you have a start up program or service that is causing conflicts with hibernation: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228421-laptop-freezes-when-left-idle-wont-come-out-hybernation.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My son's computer (Dell Vostro 200, Mini Tower Intel Core 2 CPU, 2.53 GHZ, 3MB RAM) has begun freezing when he leaves it on for more than a few hours.

When he tries to wake up the OS with his mouse after being away from the computer, the mouse doesn't respond. Ditto for the keyboard, even when I try the Windows keyboard shortcut to restart it.

I hate to do it because it can corrupt files, but there's no other way to restart Windows other than to turn off the CPU. After he powers the unit back up, everything's fine.......until he leaves it alone for more than a short period of time.

We've run a few different spyware and virus scans and found nothing.
Do you know what the problem might be? More importantly, do you have any idea what remedial measures we should take?

Thanks?

A:Vista Freezes When Computer Left Idle

Please provide the info from this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html
Although it's not a BSOD issue, the information from the logs may give us an idea of what's going on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-when-computer-left-idle-483871.html
Relevancy 76.54%

CPU: AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
PSU: Corsair 770w
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: CROSSHAIR V FORMULA

I bought this computer a few years ago and have almost always had the problem of all internet browsers crashing. This involves Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer (When it was explorer). So far the only browser that works currently is Microsoft Edge. But as of recently, my system has been completely freezing. Can't move the mouse, can't pull up the task manager or anything.

My theory is that it has something to do with my temperatures but I'm not sure how to tackle it.

I recently just reapplied thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU and it seemed to alleviate a few problems for a couple days, only for them all to return at full force. Any help would be appreciated. If more information is needed please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-left-idle-all-internet-browsers-crash.1168799/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi,
I really need your help. imm getting BSOD with errors lime MEMORY MANAGENT/PAGE FAULT whenever i leave my pc idle for sometime and i have to restart it manually by pressing the power button.It says it will restart itself after BSOD but dosent.There is no BSOD when im working .
Details of my pc-
HP m6-1045dx
Intel core i5 3rd gen processor
8 gb RAM
Windows 8 pro 64 bit
intel hd 4000 graphics

Iv attached the sf diagnostic tool folder below.
Please revert back at the earliest.
Thanks alot

A:BSOD when left idle

another BSOD occured...left the laptop idle for like 10 mins...attaching the minidump file

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22062-bsod-when-left-idle.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyoneThe problem is my pc keeps freezing up when it is left idle I have checked the power option in the control panel and i have selected do nothing on all the options but still it freezes I have done a hijackthis log and was wondering if anything is showing up on this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan freezing keeps Pc when left idle saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Pc keeps freezing when left idle Program Files Windows Sidebar Pc keeps freezing when left idle sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride windowsupdate microsoft com v windowsupdate microsoft com download windowsupdate comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook free-downloads net Toolbar - ecdee - d - f-a ff-c a - C Program Files free-downloads net tbfree dllR - URLSearchHook ToggleEN Toolbar - cb c - ea- af - e -a e b - C Program Files ToggleEN tbTogg dllR - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO ToggleEN Toolbar - cb c - ea- af - e -a e b - C Program Files ToggleEN tbTogg dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dllO - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO UrlHelper Class - C -AB - d -A D - E D E - C Program Files iMesh Applications iMesh MediaBar iMeshIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO free-downloads net Toolbar - ecdee - d - f-a ff-c a - C Program Files free-downloads net tbfree dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp G... Read more

A:Pc keeps freezing when left idle

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223282/pc-keeps-freezing-when-left-idle/
Relevancy 58.05%

The issue I have is a blue screen when I leave the computer and it goes in to sleep mode I removed auto-restart when left idle BSOD to BSOD when left idle see the blue screen but it doesn't really work since the screen remains black Error AM Source BugCheck User Description x d xfffff b x x xfffff b C Windows MEMORY DMP - - http speccy piriform com results dph q vfjN BYQ GWKbGt MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by PC administrator on - - at Running from C Users PC Desktop Microsoft Windows Professionnel Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Application Hang User Description Le programme setup exe version a cess d interagir avec Windows et a t ferm Pour d terminer si des informations suppl mentaires sont disponibles consultez l historique du probl me dans le Centre de maintenance ID de processus cd Heure de d but cfd cb ea d Heure de fin Chemin d acc s de l application C Users PC AppData Local Temp NVIDIA GeForceExperienceSelfUpdate setup exe ID de rapport bb - be- e -a dd-d bf c Error AM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante GoogleUpdate exe version horodatage x f c d c Nom du module d faillant ntdll dll version horodatage x ea e Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x e ID du processus d faillant x c Heure de d but de l application d faillante xGoogleUpdate exe Chemin d acc s de l application d faillante GoogleUpdate exe Chemin d acc s du module d faillant GoogleUpdate exe ID de rapport GoogleUpdate exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante Heroes exe version horodatage x Nom du module d faillant MP DEC ASI version horodatage x efa Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x f ID du processus d faillant xc Heure de d but de l application d faillante xHeroes exe Chemin d acc s de l application d faillante Heroes exe Chemin d acc s du module d faillant Heroes exe ID de rapport Heroes exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante Heroes exe version horodatage x Nom du module d faillant MP DEC ASI version horodatage x efa Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x f ID du processus d faillant x fa Heure de d but de l application d faillante xHeroes exe Chemin d acc s de l application d faillante Heroes exe Chemin d acc s du module d faillant Heroes exe ID de rapport Heroes exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante GoogleUpdate exe version horodatage x f c d c Nom du module d faillant ntdll dll version horodatage x ea e Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x e ID du processus d faillant xc Heure de d but de l application d faillante xGoogleUpdate exe Chemin d acc s de l application d faillante GoogleUpdate exe Chemin d acc s du module d faillant GoogleUpdate exe ID de rapport GoogleUpdate exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante Heroes exe version horodatage x Nom du module d faillant MP DEC ASI version horodatage x efa Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x f ID du processus d faillant x cc Heure de d but de l application d faillante xHeroes exe Chemin d acc s de l application d faillante Heroes exe Chemin d acc s du module d faillant Heroes exe ID de rapport Heroes exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante Heroes exe version horodatage x Nom du module d faillant MP DEC ASI version horodatage x efa Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x f ID du processus d faillant x c Heure de d but de l application d faillante xHeroes exe Chemin d acc s de l application d faillante Heroes exe Chemin d acc s du module d faillant Heroes exe ID de rapport Heroes exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Nom de l application d faillante Heroes exe version horodatage x Nom du module d faillant MP DEC ASI version horodatage x efa Code d exception xc D calage d erreur x e ID du processus d faillant x Heure de d but de l application d ... Read more

A:BSOD when left idle

I only read and speak English, so this can be a problem.

I see error pertaining to Heroes3.exe.  Heroes3.exe is a type of EXE file associated with Heroes of Might and Magic® III, but I do not see this listed in your programs.

The file path for this should be  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\  If it is not there, then this could be an infection.

Please let me know if you have or had this program installed on this computer, and if it is found in SysWOW64.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551794/bsod-when-left-idle/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have a yr old PC that has recently been freezing when idle can be anything from after a minute to minutes My right display turns off and everything including mouse keyboard ctrl alt del becomes unresponsive If it's any BSOD Idle PC left when relevance this started happening soon after I recently performed some dust clearing from my PC This dropped the heat levels from - degrees C to - after clearing the dust No problems while playing videos on VLC or Youtube running games or surfing the web It freezes if left idle while music is playing via iTunes When it first started freezing it was only after my PC has gone to sleep mode and I was unable to awaken it I then tried switching power options to never sleep and never turn off the display it now freezes after just idling Can be anywhere from a minute to minutes after last action Right now my BSOD when PC left Idle workaround is that if I have to leave my PC for any amount of time I manually put it BSOD when PC left Idle to Sleep and it wakes up every time no problems Steps taken Power options never sleep never turn off display never turn off HDD USB selective suspend setting disabled Heat is monitored via Speccy and at a max of under load Attached are the DM Logs Help me eightforums you're my only hope

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/72992-bsod-when-pc-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The computer seems to be fine while I am actively doing anything. Lasts for hours while playing games usually. But, left idle for even a few minutes will usually result in BSOD and restart.

NEIL-Sat_03_28_2015_111221_24.zip

A:BSOD usually while computer is left idle

Hi pyroteknix18 ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Sat Mar 28 23:39:49.855 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\032815-6921-01.dmp]

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9600.17668.amd64fre.winblue_r8.150127-1500

System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:46.583

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+3d782 )

BugCheck A, {fffff6806c7b5680, 0, 0, fffff801a02af782}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6806c7b5680, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000000, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff801a02af782, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

BIOS Version 2101

BIOS Release Date 04/17/2014

Manufacturer To be filled by O.E.M.

Baseboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.

Baseboard Product CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Mar 28 23:24:39.967 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\032815-7078-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 0:22:08.696

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+3b34a3 )

BugCheck 3B, {80000003, fffff803e68344a3, ffffd001780fa6b0, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000080000003, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff803e68344a3, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd001780fa6b0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

BIOS Version 2101

BIOS Release Date 04/17/2014

Manufacturer To be filled by O.E.M.

Baseboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.

Baseboard Product CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Mar 28 23:02:06.414 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\032815-6937-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:33.141

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : win32k.... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63711-bsod-usually-while-computer-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Like the title says my computer has this problems that when it is left idle like if i was watching a movie or something of this sorts, it does this massive lag, sound skips and screen image slows down. Although right when i move my mouse, the screen goes black for half a sec and resumes to its normal speed. This happens every 5mins or so and some times it wont only lag but actually freeze my computer.

I am running on windows 7 64-bit. I have 3 monitors attached to my computer so i was wondering if maybe my cpu is being over worked and goes on like a power save mode when im not moving the mouse or something.

Please help this is getting very annoying for when i watch movies or play games.

A:Computer lags when left idle.

If your video card is NVidia, you can access their Control Panel and configure the 3 monitors independently. You might consider the "Only use one display" when watching a movie and see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-lags-when-left-idle-655961.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey I built my PC about years ago and have done a few upgrades here and there and for most of that years it has ran great Here is the problem The last couple months if I leave the PC idle for about - minutes it will restart itself idle.... left when restarts System If I continue to use the PC it will run fine Here are my specs AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor GIGABYTE GA-M SLI-S AM NVIDIA nForce SLI ATX AMD Motherboard CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Antec TruePower TP - EPS V W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply MSI R -T D OC Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR Seagate GB HD Seagate GB HD Have tried used both Windows XP Pro and Windows RC Have System restarts when left idle.... tried used both Here is what I have figured out so far or at least think I have - I upgraded the processor and going back to the old one doesn t change anything I don t think it is a heat issue because like I said it normally only restarts when idle Original was AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor - I have tried two different HD s running clean installs of both Windows XP and Windows RC on both with no change - I have tried a new set of RAM GB in both instances no change I really don t know much about System restarts when left idle.... interpreting information in Event Viewer but here is some of the information I have pulled from looking at that - Under Event Type quot Critical quot it says Event ID quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot - Under Event Type quot Error quot There are two Event ID s and Under it says quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck A dump was saved in When I try to go to that and pull up that file to examine it I am unable to bring it up where I can read it I googled some stuff about bugchecks but nothing there has helped me so far Under it just says quot The previous system shutdown at on was unexpected Clicking on details gives me some Binary information which I don t understand One final thing is that if I continue to use the computer it usually operates normally although certain programs make it crash One particular game causes it to restart as soon as I get into the game and when that happens I get a BCCode At this point I just want to get my system running normally again and worry about games later but I thought it might be worth mentioning since I think it may be linked to this problem and not something specific for that game Sorry for going on so long I have included all the details I can think of but will be happy to provide more All the similar problems I have googled seem to end up deviating from my problem Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this and how I can fix it nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, in the past week or so my PC has been crashing while left idle. When I try and click my mouse my tv that I run an HDMI cable from my monitor into recieves no signal, when I turn my monitor on I see my desktop but not my mouse, and sometimes it makes a beep noise when I try and click. I have to do a hard reboot to get it working again. I have attached my SF zip file. Thank you.

A:BSOD while PC is left idle (sleep?)

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

As it is a desktop, you may disable sleep there. Sleep function is needed for Laptops or other mobile computers, not for Desktop PCs.
Start > Control Panel > Power Options.
Under the existing plan, Click on "change plan settings.
In the next page, Put to sleep: Never.
Attachment 275034

It will be a worthy shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296157-bsod-while-pc-left-idle-sleep.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

It seems like every time I leave my computer inactive for a few hours, I'll return to a black screen saying something about trying to boot and failing. This comes after a BSOD which I've seen happen a few times but usually I just come back to the black screen.

BRETTS_PC-Wed_20_05_2015_175058_05.zip

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Just got a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD, and found the black screen reads: "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSTER SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

EDIT2: I ran sfc /scannow out of curiosity, and it tells me that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. It then gave me a CBS.log and where to find it. Is this worth posting?

A:BSOD when computer is left idle

Have you had any BSODs since your last edits? Can you run the Log Collector tool again and upload new logs containing the latest BSODs please?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66166-bsod-when-computer-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I keep getting BSOD every few days with IRQ not equal or less than message. I have no new hardware or software. This did start shortly after my NVIDIA driver said there was an update, but when I ok'd the update, I got a message saying that the update failed. When I tried again, I was told that my NVIDIA was UTD. While I suspect that this may be what caused the problem, I really am not sure.
I initially attempted to restore my system to a point prior to the update, but that didn't seem to fix the problem.

A:BSOD when computer left idle

Welcome to the forum.
------------------------
Norton is a frequent cause of BSOD's. Please uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at:Good & Free System Security Combination
------------------------

Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required.Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------

Make scans with these tools -TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
------------------------

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
---------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
Post back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304824-bsod-when-computer-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I m new here and I have a strange problem When I leave my PC idle for about minutes the PC Left Help! Idle. Solved: Please Crashes Why? When screen goes black and stays that way as if the PC has crashed I move the mouse about and hit the keys Solved: Please Help! PC Crashes When Left Idle. Why? on the keyboard but nothing works the screen just stays black In fact even the little lights on the keyboard e g the Caps Lock light don t work Everything just seems to die Whenever this weird crash thing happens I have to reboot my PC after which everything starts to work again It happens every time I leave the PC idle It also happened once when I tried to play a video I ve had the PC for a few years It s never done this before The problem s not being caused by any settings Hibernate is disabled and all power settings are configured to never turn off My OS is XP Professional and I m using Service Pack Any advice will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Guys and Girls I'm new to the forum and need a bit of help I recently upgraded my RAM cause my computer rating was super low on it and it was running really slow since I previously had XP and am now running Anyway ever since I installed the RAM my computer would restart giving me an error problem BSOD idle left when message as follows Code BSOD problem when left idle Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Mikal AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt --------------------------------------------------------------- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode be BCP FFFFF CF BCP BCP FFFFF CF BCP B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Mikal AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Those are the first and last time it happened below is what I am running Windows Pro bit CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz Mobo ASUS P KPL Mem Kingston x GB DDR GFX Gigabyte GTX GB GDDR Monitor Viewsonic quot VA w HDD x WD Caviar Green SATA TB TB GB Seagate Barracuda SATA TB Seagate Barracuda IDE GB PSU Antec Earthwatts W Case Antec Nine Hundred If anyone knows a way to fix this it would be much appreciated It doesn't happen often just every few hours

A:BSOD problem when left idle

Quote: Originally Posted by Mikal

Hi Guys and Girls, I'm new to the forum and need a bit of help

I recently upgraded my RAM cause my computer rating was super low on it and it was running really slow since I previously had XP and am now running 7.
Anyway ever since I installed the RAM my computer would restart giving me an error message as follows

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091811-44640-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mikal\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-77468-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

---------------------------------------------------------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: be
BCP1: FFFFF8800122CF15
BCP2: 0000000003818121
BCP3: FFFFF880052CF040
BCP4: 000000000000000B
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092411-28031-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mikal\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53812-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Those are the first and last time it happened below is what I am running
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
Mobo: ASUS P5KPL
Mem: Kingston 2x2GB DDR2
GFX: Gigabyte 9800GTX+ 1GB GDDR3
Monitor: Viewsonic 24" VA2226w
HDD: 3x WD Caviar Green SATA (2TB, 1.5TB, 750GB)
Seagate Barracuda SATA 2TB
Seagate Barracuda IDE 250GB
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 550W
Case: Antec Nine Hundred

If anyone knows a way to fix this, it would be much appreciated
It doesn't happen often just every few hours

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188315-bsod-problem-when-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I constantly have my laptop restarted when I walk away from it for a bit, it's been happening for the last couple of months now. On the occasions that I have caught it restarting I saw a glimpse of the BSOD. The last error mesage that I saw on BSOD was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Thanks!

- MCS

A:BSOD when laptop left idle

This device has problems in Device Manager:

USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller ROOT\UOIP_BUS_DRIVER\0000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

Please locate it in Device Manager, right click on it and select "Uninstall" When done, reboot the system and see if it comes back with an error (or not). Please let us know the results.

These errors seem to be primarily caused by hardware - so I'd start with these free diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

Beyond that, Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

SMARTVTabletPCx64.sys Wed Nov 10 10:15:46 2010 (4CDAB722)
most likely belongs to SMART Virtual Tablet PC program
Driver for SMART Virtual TabletPC HID Device

SMARTVTabletPCx64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 08:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

semav6thermal64ro.sys Wed Dec 28 15:17:03 2011 (4EFB793F)
I believe that this is the SEMA software that controls the thermal stuff on VAIO computers
semav6thermal64ro.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Mar 19 17:31:23.509 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\031914-33281-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 14:14:33.274
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2e0e9 )
BugCheck 1A, {3470, ffffd00037d06000, 14000000340083, a84475989a5efabb}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000003470, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: ffffd00037d06000
Arg3: 0014000000340083
Arg4: a84475989a5efabb
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_3470
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_3470_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2500
CurrentSpeed: 2494
BIOS Version R0080C8
BIOS Release Date 08/31/2012
Manufacturer Sony Corporation
Product Name SVS13A290S
**************************Tue Mar 18 02:16:25.923 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\031814-41406-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 7:24:28.689
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+186af )
BugCheck 7A, {4, 0, ffffe0000a538cf0, 13ef18}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: ffffe0000a538cf0, current process (virtual addre... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42954-bsod-when-laptop-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So I've been having this BSOD issue since last Friday perhaps It's really starting to give me anxiety Anyway I only ever for several PC left idle hours. after BSOD seem to get the BSOD BSOD after PC left idle for several hours. after I've left my PC BSOD after PC left idle for several hours. idle for several hours For instance I left my computer running while I went to go BSOD after PC left idle for several hours. see a ballet and came back to it turned off Last night I tried to deliberately leave it running while I went to sleep When I woke up I saw it was still running but I wasn't logged into my PC so I'm assuming it restarted its self I'm not particularly tech-savvy in this department so if you require any additional information from what I've provided I would be happy to deliver This is the analysis I received from the Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown I haven't a clue if it's useful information but here you go Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA A BCP FFFFF D BCP FFFFFA OS Version Service Pack Product OS - Windows -bit Windows Home Premium OS is an OEM version

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599904/bsod-after-pc-left-idle-for-several-hours/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently added a usb2 pci card to my computer so that I can use it with my IPod. Since then, my computer freezes from time to time. I have no power saving features running, and I've disabled the screen saver. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

A:Xp stops responding when left idle

You don't give your computer specs. I was just wondering if you might need to up date the BIOs or something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stops-responding-when-left-idle.391236/
Relevancy 57.19%

This is a weird problem that showed up in my laptop over Left Computer Being Crashes if Extensively Idle When Used the past few months but I'm just now heading here to try to get some insight on the problem So when I first got this computer about two and a half years Computer Crashes When Left Idle if Being Used Extensively ago it could edit render encode HD videos with little sweat Now it can sorta still do that The only quaint problem is that it tends to crash if I go Computer Crashes When Left Idle if Being Used Extensively AFK for about minutes or so while it is doing so I can sit while rendering a video and browse the internet with no problem--I don't even really feel the laptop getting very warm let alone crashing However if I am to leave it alone while I go to do something else I always come back to it turned off When I reboot I get the typical quot Windows did not shut down correctly quot spiel It's just weird I mean I can work around it but I wouldn't mind knowing what's causing this and if it's fixable I even set my computer to where it never dims blanks the screen thinking that was causing it but to no avail Thanks in advance EDIT It should be noted that the computer is perfectly fine if left idle while not doing something strenuous like rendering

A:Computer Crashes When Left Idle if Being Used Extensively

You may be getting a blue screen crash without knowing it, but that should leave it in the login screen, not turned off. Even if you are not getting a blue screen, the event logs may help determine the problem. Follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with any .dmp files and any event logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231258-computer-crashes-when-left-idle-if-being-used-extensively.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Sometimes when I'm rendering a D image with Luxrender Via Reality and leave the PC idle when I come back Is Occasional 3D When Idle Rendering PC Reboot When Left after a few hours the Occasional Reboot When PC Is Left Idle When 3D Rendering PC will have restarted saying there was an unexpected shutdown or something along those lines I'm unsure if it's due to memory usage as it tends to hover in the s when Luxrender is the only major program running I've posted my result file from a minitoolbox scan My specs are Windows bit GB RAM i K OC'd to GHz GTX GB I also have Windows bit installed on a separate partition to be used in dual boot This usually happens when I leave the PC idle but it has happened once when I was actively browsing the internet while rendering The screen just went black and after a few seconds it was at the boot screen prompt for Windows Pasted MTB data into post - Hamluis MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Zeyn administrator on - - at Running from C Users Zeyn Desktop Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program DAZStudio exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID b Start Time d c bbaTermination Time Application Path C Program Files DAZ D DAZStudio DAZStudio exeReport Id bf f - e - e - d - acb b a Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name Reality exe version time stamp x a c a Faulting module name QtGui dll version time stamp x a b Exception code xc fd Fault offset x b Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xReality exe Faulting application path Reality exe Faulting module path Reality exe Report Id Reality exe Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x System errors Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The PnkBstrA service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger User NT AUTHORITY Description A fatal hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Error Type Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x x xfffffa a x bf x C windows MEMORY DMP - - Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Internet Connection Sharing ICS service depends on the Remote Access Connection Manager service which failed to start because of the following error Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Descri... Read more

A:Occasional Reboot When PC Is Left Idle When 3D Rendering

Pretty sure your computer is overheating. Overheating doesn't always leave errors since processors have kill signals which will just shut off the CPU voltage regulator and there is no time to leave any kind of log.

This is especially possible considering you've overclocked to 4.2GHz. Once  you overclock, who knows what kinds of problems you might be having. Your CPU might be running to fast for your memory to handle!
Are your monitoring CPU temperature? If not, try CoreTemp (http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/). Lookup what's normal for your CPU and how much you're getting. Also monitor your GPU temperature as well, either one could be overheating.

Open up your computer and check how much dust there is. Are you water cooling? Check the radiator for dust.
While you're at it, check the capacitors around your CPU socket (towards the edge of the motherboard usually). You might see some bulging leaky caps.
Check your ram just in case, sometimes ram does go bad. I suggest using some bootable CD to check your ram.
My guess is that it's an over heating problem on your CPU or GPU.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563623/occasional-reboot-when-pc-is-left-idle-when-3d-rendering/
Relevancy 57.19%

Edit Fixed Turns out it was a bad corrupted file in one of my games that was freezing the defrag process It was slipping past the scans and the game in question was running perfectly fine There's a more detailed explanation on page of the Windows freezing hard when idle. left thread What the title says This has been going on for months I've even reinstalled Windows a couple of times the the issue still persists Windows bit Windows hard freezing when left idle. Radeon HD Ghz Ed gb x crossfire is usually disabled and makes no difference either way i nothing is overclocked all power settings are disabled and should never sleep or shut down I'm using a wired internet Windows hard freezing when left idle. connection and all wireless is already disabled I have a SSD that Windows hard freezing when left idle. is set to not power down ever and all HW monitors CPUz Open Hardware Monitor Sapphire Trixx HWinfo show everything is running well within acceptable temps and running smoothly with no spikes or issues Windows keeps freezing hard on me but only if I leave it alone for a few minutes This happens without fail every time I leave the PC alone for more than - minutes or so It will run fine for days as long as I'm right in front of it and actively doing something on it playing a game watching a video browsing the internet whatever As long as there's some kind of active input it works fine and doesn't freeze I step away for a few minutes and it freezes hard No input works not the mouse not ctrl-alt-del nothing I have to hard reset the stupid thing I go make something to eat and leave the PC running take the dog out or go to the bathroom and I come back to a locked up hard frozen PC every time It never happens when I'm sitting right in front of it and using it only when I step away for a few minutes to do something and don't make it back within a few minutes I've tried all sorts of fixes Nothing is overclocked and my GPU driver has had several new versions while this has been going on This has been a persistent problem for months and I've spent quite a few hours over that time trying to find a fix I've seen various threads that refer to this issue and some of them claim to have fixed it but none of the solutions work for me Sometimes it'll get better for a short time the freezes will be less frequent or take a slightly longer time to hit me but eventually it just goes right back to this behavior again without fail I've adjusted all the power settings several different ways including setting it so everything never shuts down made sure the HDD is set to not shut down clean booted with only the essential bare bones Windows programs running at Startup checked and rechecked every disk using command prompt commands run in safe mode scanned for viruses malware and adware repeatedly disabled the wireless card unplugged every piece of extra hardware tried several different keyboards and mice adjusted the Bios settings in various ways having to do with power and the HDD uninstalled and reinstalled every driver rolled them back used administrator privileges to disable and enable various things disabled and enabled my AV and firewall uninstalled my AV reinstalled it again adjusted every startup option and tweaked the task manager all sorts of different ways isolated my PC away from the network and internet my page file is set up properly for a SSD and I've tweaked it several different ways nothing works It still freezes if I step away from it for more than a few minutes no matter what I do but only if I step away I can also prevent it from doing so by playing a video and letting it run while I'm away If I pause a game or leave one running while I step away from the PC it freezes as well Only video seems to prevent it from crashing like this for some reason Youtube or a video player running an MP or MKV file will keep the PC running if I have something playing and step away but that's the only reliable way I've found to keep it from locking up I shou... Read more

A:Windows hard freezing when left idle.

Have you checked your BIOS is up to date as that can cause the same problem.
I had that when I had 8.1 updated BIOS and no trouble since.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38572-windows-hard-freezing-when-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, my PC is very sensitive....when left idle it takes about 5 minutes just to changes web pages.Sometimes it is running well, sometimes it is really slow. I am using windows XP and have firewall and AVG. Can anybody help?

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I'm having a freezing issue on a recently built PC. It seems to occur when left idle for awhile. I've noticed it seems to happen when left on for about a day. I get no warnings, my mouse, keyboard and intuos tablet stop working and my computer just freezes. I have to hardboot to get it back up. I originally thought it was Google Chrome causing this, but it still happens after I uninstalled it. I have updated to the latest BIOS version, this issue was happening even before this update, and re-installed video drivers.

I can't narrow this down myself at this point. Attached are my logs. Hopefully someone could shed some light on what could be causing this behavior.

Also I don't put my computer to sleep or hibernate, I have these options disabled. And have never had my PC freeze during gaming.

A:Windows 8 sytem freeze after left idle

I will not be the one doing a formal analysis on your logs but the fact that you never mentioned a BSOD specifically grabbed my attention. Moreover, you stated that this normally happens after the PC has been turned on for a long period of time. So, I peeked at your Event Viewer Logs and I see many ACPI thermal warning logs which probably indicates your issue is heat-related.

With that said, I would recommend a good general cleaning and also monitor your system temperatures via any means available (eg, motherboard temp monitors, GPU-Z, etc). Also, if you have anything overclocked, I would recommend returning to normal operation to see if that might also resolve your issue. Good luck.

Update:
I just saw the "recently built PC" so maybe its an air flow design issue as well. Sorry I missed that!

Another update:

Also I don't put my computer to sleep

Allowing it to sleep may help or cure this issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31531-windows-8-sytem-freeze-after-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys I'm new here and I have a strange problem I don't know if it's my OS my video card or whatever Hopefully you guys will be able to tell me When I leave my PC idle for about minutes the screen goes black and stays that way as if the PC has Unresponsive Left Everything & Blank Goes Screen Idle, When Becomes crashed I move the mouse about When Left Idle, Screen Goes Blank & Everything Becomes Unresponsive and hit the keys on the keyboard but nothing works the screen just stays black In fact even the little lights on the keyboard e g the Caps Lock light don't work Everything just dies Whenever this weird crash thingy happens I have to reboot my PC after which everything starts to work again It happens every time I leave the PC idle It also happened once when I tried to play a video I've had the PC for a few years It's never done this before The problem's not being caused by any settings My OS is XP Pro and I'm using Service Pack Any advice will be greatly appreciated

A:When Left Idle, Screen Goes Blank & Everything Becomes Unresponsive

Any ideas, guys?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-left-idle-screen-goes-blank-and-everything-becomes-unresponsive-404905.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been getting some weird BSODs, they only occur when I get up and leave my computer alone. Doesn't seem to matter what's running at the time, or if the computer has been in sleep mode or not. I always come back to a bluescreen if it's been long enough. I've attached the dump file from the last one that occurred.

Thanks for any help!

A:BSODs when computer is left idle for over ~15 minutes

Hello Smithy mate there seems to be a graphics problem running through most of the dump files and and the one that frequently comes up is suggesting uninstalling t Catalyst Control Centre and I would suggest doing that and see what happens.
Personally I am not a fan of AMD stuff preferring NVidia after I had problem s++ with the CCC but the choice is yours of course.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800f4c783b, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88005db4228, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88005db3a80, Context Record Address
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c483b
fffff880`0f4c783b 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88005db4228 -- (.exr 0xfffff88005db4228)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800f4c783b (atikmdag+0x00000000000c483b)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000000006a8
Attempt to read from address 00000000000006a8
CONTEXT: fffff88005db3a80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88005db3a80;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000050000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8800f4c783b rsp=fffff88005db4460 rbp=fffffa80108a09a0
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f418ed8000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88005db4690 r12=fffffa80108a0880 r13=fffffa800f838040
r14=fffffa8014766010 r15=fffff8800f403000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc483b:
fffff880`0f4c783b 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000050000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8800f4c783b rsp=fffff88005db4460 rbp=fffffa80108a09a0
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f418ed8000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88005db4690 r12=fffffa80108a0880 r13=fffffa800f838040
r14=fffffa8014766010 r15=fffff8800f403000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc483b:
fffff880`0f4c783b 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Resetting default scope
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000000000006a8
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032cb100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372679-bsods-when-computer-left-idle-over-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post Windows 10 idle screening black after left being this but whenever Windows 10 black screening after being left idle my PC is left idle for more than or so hours it will randomly black screen with no cursor CTRL ALT DEL does nothing CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer It is happening on almost a daily basis now and I really want to try and fix the issue before resorting to a fresh install of windows It seemed Windows 10 black screening after being left idle for a while like a explorer exe failure and when the task bar and windows icon become unresponsive if I kill explorer I can occasionally make it black screen I have tried almost every explorer crash fix I could find and it is still happening with the same frequency I have tried sfc scannow I've tried the registry hacks to delete explorer from Image File Executable Options I've updated drivers and nothing has prevented or altered the consistency of black screens

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33701-windows-10-black-screening-after-being-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

For some reason my screen goes into the "enter admin password" mode when left idle.

How can I make that stop? I get the reason for it, say if you worked in an office and don't want anyone to use your computer when your away, but this is a home computer.

Thanks in advance..........

A:Screen goes into lock mode when left idle

You either have the logon screen enabled when the screen saver starts, or you have a password required when resuming from sleep or hibernation. Sleep/hibernation is handled in the power settings: Power options -> System settings -> Password protection on wakeup.

I'm assuming you know how to turn on/turn off your screen saver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234292-screen-goes-into-lock-mode-when-left-idle.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer has been freezing recently when it's idle from time idle Computer freezing left when randomly to time When this happens I Computer randomly freezing when left idle am unable to click on Computer randomly freezing when left idle anything and have to restart my computer to fix it I've scanned with Avira AntiVir antivirus Ad-Aware Spybot - Search and Destroy and SUPERAntiSpyware but they have all come Computer randomly freezing when left idle up clean Here's my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC Program Files AveDesk AVEDESK EXEC Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gatewaybiz com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot sO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKCU Run AVEDESK quot C Program Files AveDesk AVEDESK EXE quot O - HKCU Run Rainlendar C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exeO - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com windowsupd b O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dllO - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Awa... Read more

A:Computer randomly freezing when left idle

Anybody, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173761/computer-randomly-freezing-when-left-idle/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Micronics M6MI that has a very strange behavior, as long as you use the machine its fine, if you leave for a little while and go to try to move the mouse it shuts off.

The power supply is atx and the mouse is PS/2

Any ideas?

A:Computer shuts off if left idle a while and I touch the mouse

What's your Windows OS ?

Sounds like a Power Management related issue.
Go to: Control Panel -> Power
Change all 3 options to "never"
Does the problem persist?

If so, then take a look in the BIOS under Power Management and look for any anomalies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-off-if-left-idle-a-while-and-i-touch-the-mouse.117432/
Relevancy 56.33%

This idle; 0x124 Code left BSOD PC Error when is my first custom PC build and I thought everything was going smoothly until I started getting BSoDs whenever I left the PC idle with not inputs for a period of time Now mind you I can go days without a BSoD if I don't leave it alone and idle I mean even just leaving the space bar held down will prevent it from BSoDing but if I don't touch my mouse or keyboard it will happen Even running a simple keyboard macro off my Razer Blackwidow that spams F prevents this but again if I just want to sit back and watch a movie or step away for grab lunch it BSoDs on me Things I have done -Flash the BIOS -MEMTests -chkDSK on both my Hard Drives -Updated all drivers -Disabled any sleep charger functions that kick in after a set period of time -I have forced the PC into Sleep amp Hibernate This does not trigger it I'm hoping for any help on this matter

A:BSOD when PC left idle; Error Code 0x124

Hello Zedasiobud, welcome to 7F. I've taken a look at your dumps and you're receiving 0x124s which are generic bugchecks that indicate a hardware fault. 0x124s very rarely give an indication as to what the problem is and that's the case here, the only thing we can recommend here is a series of stress and diagnostic tests to try and pinpoint the hardware that is causing the issue. Please follow the steps below to the letter and post the results for each, some of them may duplicate what you've already tried but please perform them again.
Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa801272a038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

7: kd> !errrec fffffa801272a038
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa801272a038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d08f0ff6819fe4
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/15/2015 13:06:33 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa801272a0b8
Section @ fffffa801272a190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa801272a100
Section @ fffffa801272a250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 02 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa801272a250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa801272a148
Section @ fffffa801272a2d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 2 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000000fee00040
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting

Read carefully before proceeding.

Warning
If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

Note
Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
Part Four:GPU Stress Test

ONE

CPU TEST

Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Warning
Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370585-bsod-when-pc-left-idle-error-code-0x124.html
Relevancy 56.33%

It happened for a while and on shutdown Windows hangs idle left or startup, 8.1 I couldn't find a fix basically sometimes my laptop just hangs when I just got into desktop attempted to shut down or restarted or when I attempted to use it after being left idle for a while When it happens the screen just stuck mouse and keyboard doesn't work and my fan was on almost Windows 8.1 hangs on startup, shutdown or left idle maximum after a while of the hang presume high cpu load I tried sfc scannow and dism but no luck Specs PC Specialist Optimus V Intel Core i - MQ GNz Nvidia GTX M amp Intel HD Graphics GB ram And my most recent CBS log of sfc scannow - - Info CSI e SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Repairing components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI e Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS Temp InFlight d ddecbd c e amd microsoft-windows-u ed-telemetry-client bf ad e none da a dac d utc app json do not match actual file l quot utc app json quot Found l b hxHfXj JxbVLpmOJKBMMwJ nfvwV qrOPwblWU s Expected l b UErwHGoFg sRd gzh HSbTceuHem Rnk NraKS - - Info CSI e SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ea Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS Temp InFlight d ddecbd c e amd microsoft-windows-u ed-telemetry-client bf ad e none da a dac d telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json do not match actual file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot Found l b rX CB J u b W OtkWxE DLvV cFEMvqhqqbQIlI Expected l b EeQJzlVPvq GNIcA FEwrOjEeuDam G ol x gKasQ - - Info CSI eb SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ec Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS Temp InFlight a d ddecbd c e amd microsoft-windows-u ed-telemetry-client bf ad e none da a dac d utc app json do not match actual file l quot utc app json quot Found l b hxHfXj JxbVLpmOJKBMMwJ nfvwV qrOPwblWU s Expected l b UErwHGoFg sRd gzh HSbTceuHem Rnk NraKS - - Info CSI ed SR Cannot repair member file l quot utc app json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ee SR This component was referenced by l quot Package for KB bf ad e amd - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI ef Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS Temp InFlight a d ddecbd c e amd microsoft-windows-u ed-telemetry-client bf ad e none da a dac d telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json do not match actual file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot Found l b rX CB J u b W OtkWxE DLvV cFEMvqhqqbQIlI Expected l b EeQJzlVPvq GNIcA FEwrOjEeuDam G ol x gKasQ - - Info CSI f SR Cannot repair member file l quot telemetry ASM-WindowsDefault json quot of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI f SR This component was referenced by l quot Package for KB bf ad e amd - neutral GDR quot - - Info CSI f Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory l quot C ProgramData Microsoft Diagnosis ETLLogs quot in component Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral - - Info CSI f SR Repair complete any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 56.33%

Basically as titled. When left idle for any extended period of time (sometimes after 30 minutes, sometimes it's gone as long as about 30 hours), I come back to a BSOD, either a crucial process or thread has stopped or a kernel inpage error. Started roughly a month ago... today's the first time the dump hasn't either failed (0xC0000010) or simply hung after initializing disk. I'd appreciate any help on the issue, and thanks in advance.. I found you guys through googling the crap out of my stopcodes and I'm really impressed with the time you guys volunteer to help people out, so I definitely appreciate the hell outta you guys

A:BSOD when left idle, STOP code 0x0000007A

There is only one dump file in the zip you uploaded, if the machine bugchecked one time
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

None the less.
C: Partition is full:
Code:
Drive C:
Size 440.76 GB (473,262,215,168 bytes)
Free Space 1.39 GB (1,488,109,568 bytes)
Clear some space until you have at the very least 5GB.
As for the bugcheck, it was an I/O error.
I recommend testing the your HDDs | Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
You have two Seagate drives | Direct link - ISO | Instructions - scroll down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299621-bsod-when-left-idle-stop-code-0x0000007a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I get BSOD when i leave my laptop unattended for few minutes.

The last event in eventvwr is below.

Faulting application name: taskeng.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce79d2c
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.7601.17744, time stamp: 0x4eeb033f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000027de
Faulting process id: 0x5d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf69511609b6a1
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 551e23cf-d544-11e3-874e-082e5f7ec3d8

A:BSOD when HP Win7 laptop left idle for few minutes

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-hp-win7-laptop-left-idle-for-few-minutes-834233.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am new to the forum I am facing the issue that if i leave the computer idle idle after left hangs off turns if Computer monitor and for couple of minutes and the monitor turns off after couple of minutes fan starts running in full speed and the computer will not respond The only option then is to hard shutdown and turn it back on Here are some preferences Monitor Set to turn off after Computer hangs if left idle and after monitor turns off minutes Sleep Never Sleep HardDisk Turn off after minutes On AC Power Hybrid Sleep Off USB Selected Suspending Enabled My system configuration Lenovo T P Windows Enterprise x with latest patches updates till yesterday Core i - GHZ Processor Intel i - MQ GB RAM DDR Corsair Vengeance GB Samsung SSD PRO Actions that I have taken Installed latest Intel HD amp Nvidia G M Drivers Computer hangs if left idle and after monitor turns off Check if network adapters are allowed to goto sleep Install all windows update Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated Tell me what you need and i will post it immediately like event logs or anything Thanks

A:Computer hangs if left idle and after monitor turns off

Is this a company laptop or one that you personally own? If the fan is kicking in at that point. Something is eating up CPU cycles.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70954-computer-hangs-if-left-idle-after-monitor-turns-off.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Howdy I've been having the occasional BSOD lately Sometimes when I leave my computer idle and once now when I was Drive Clicking Hard Idle, Left While Noise BSOD playing a video game Element l Also when I start up my computer I get a hard drive clicking noise BSOD While Left Idle, Hard Drive Clicking Noise sometimes This noise also happens occasionally when I'm using my computer It's always one click About weeks ago I cloned my main drive to my backup hard drive as my storage drive has a faster RPM I asked for help on this forum and got great help Hard Drives Win Linux Sys Res Part has System screenshot inc So ya all my drives are in the right place with the right partitions where I want them now I'm running windows on my C drive and I am not dual booting with Linux anymore cleaned up my bootloader though the console command bootrec exe fixmbr When I look at everything through my BIOS at the start my C drive which is P my D is P does not show up although it shows P in boot override I've also done the run system repair times fix that I found on this forum Also system repair does not detect my os C when I boot from my Windows installation cd for startup repair Windows runs fine until the BSOD That said I'm at a loss I aware of the clicking noise being my hard drive possibly failing Also when I alook at my partitions through the eyes of a Linux Mint live cd I see loaders one on the sys res and one on C Here are the screenshots that I hope will help Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment And last but not least my system and dump files done as per Windows forum instructions Attachment Thanks in advance I've looked a lot into this lately and I'm wondering if I should just format everything and re install fix this somehow get a new hard drive sigh lol Hopefully I've included everything in my post that is helpfull

A:BSOD While Left Idle, Hard Drive Clicking Noise

If you hear clicking sounds on your hard drive . I'd recommend a new hard drive . Clicking sounds is not a good sign .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301046-bsod-while-left-idle-hard-drive-clicking-noise.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm trying to figure out my friends PC issue so I'm going to do some tests but I figured I'd post and see if anyone had any input on what it might be, I believe it could be faulty hardware but I'm gonna try to figure out what possibly..

- Computer is new, about 1 month old
-Windows 7
-If left idle and turned back on, it can stay on for about 15 - 30 minutes until the screen goes black and needs to be shut down again, goes into this screen
-Computer was running and had music playing, screen went black again and music was still playing in the background. So it's a display issue, but the monitor is fine working on another computer
-Says makes like an electrical noise before the screen goes black, mouse won't move

If any suggestions that'd be helpful, thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602634/computer-screen-turns-black-wont-boot-unless-left-idle/
Relevancy 52.03%

I run winxp sp2 with IE7 and I am pretty sure I have narrowed my pc freezing problem down to IE7. When my pc idles with IE7 running it will freeze up and I have to do a hard reboot. My event viewer shows me that IE7 is hanging or faulting. I also have an nView error that I am not sure what it means. Should I try troubleshooting somewhere else? Any suggestions? I tried resetting IE7 and it seemed to fix the problem for a few days until now.
AMD 2.6Ghz x2
2x2Gb Crucial ram
msi k9n sli platinum
320Gbg WD hdd

A:IE7 freezes at idle

Why not just get rid of IE7 and use something like Mozilla Firefox or Opera. IE7 is the most vulnerable web browser. I dont know if this will solve your problem, buts its the only thing i can think of.
Just get rid of IE7 completely. :

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-freezes-at-idle-242934.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Title says it all. My PC gets into an ultimate state of freeze after a period of time staying idle. I have no screensaver on btw.

Also, I hear an error sound everytime I shut down my computer, but it's at the very last stage of windows turning off so I can't really see or read what it's about. Tried looking at the event viewer but found nothing.

A:PC Freezes after being idle

Run a diagnostic on your system. You hard drive might be failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-after-being-idle.965331/
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay so it is happening few days now, not always but yes sometimes. When i leave the pc idle, the screen goes off as usual and after several minutes when i come back everything freezes except the mouse. Then I have to force restart. But then can not connect to net until I do few more restarts and a shutdown. I've ubuntu too in my pc and I booted into that and connected net to be confirmed that the net is alright.
Then could connect the net in windows.

A:Pc freezes when idle sometimes.

And when it froze and I was desperately clicking the mouse on and on I heard a sound. Not a sharp 'beep' that we hear when pc starting, but a blunt 'bop' type sound :D My sound system was on and windows' sound themes was active, so don't know that were a corrupted error sound or from the motherboard....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-freezes-when-idle-sometimes-659731.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My PC has been having a problem with freezing for about a week now It Freezes PC Idle When (Mostly) will freeze usually after having been left idle for about minutes Running processes such as videos seems to extend PC Freezes (Mostly) When Idle that PC Freezes (Mostly) When Idle time by about - minutes longer but usually it freezes within about minutes of the last mouse click When I say freezes what I mean is that the computer becomes unable to perform any tasks The mouse cursor is still visible and I can still move it around but it usually gets stuck on the rotating wheel thing while trying to PC Freezes (Mostly) When Idle load the last thing I ve asked it to do open a file open a new tab Already running process browsers scanners games immediately lock up While this problem has generally manifested itself only while left idle today it has frozen a few times while still performing tasks playing a game that usually prevents the freezing trying to post to this forum I ve already tried running scandisk CCleaner nearly registry keys cleaned but hasn t solved the issue I ve tried rebooting with only the basic startup options and the computer still froze I m currently running GMER but I have a lot of music and large games on my system so it is taking longer than I normally have time for I ll post that log if and when I can get it to finish In the mean time I ve added my HiJackThis and DDS logs Hopefully those prove illuminating if I m unable to get a completed GMER scan in I ve yet to manage a complete virus scan Thanks in advance for your help HIJACK THIS Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP MAINSTREAM KEYBOARD ModLEDKey exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Users L Alex AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP MAINSTREAM KEYBOARD CNYHKEY exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C ProgramData Ad-Aware Browsing Protection adawarebp exe C PROGRA AD-AWA AdAware exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securesearch lavasoft com s retb amp v amp u B E B BB F FAA R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook TVersitybar Toolbar... Read more

A:PC Freezes (Mostly) When Idle

Here is are the logs from a partial run of GMER. I'll try to get a full scan of it up later but I figured at least some information would be better than nothing.

GMER 2.1.19155 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2013-03-19 16:28:31
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 x64 \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1 ST310005 rev.HP22 931.51GB
Running: 8jin4mvx.exe; Driver: C:\Users\L'Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\pxryraog.sys
---- Kernel code sections - GMER 2.1 ----

.text C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\USBPORT.SYS!DllUnload + 1 fffffa6003582f61 11 bytes {MOV RAX, 0xfffffa800af2c2a0; JMP RAX}

---- Devices - GMER 2.1 ----

Device \Driver\aegm0m62 \Device\Scsi\aegm0m621Port3Path0Target0Lun0 fffffa800b2ee2c0
Device \Driver\aegm0m62 \Device\Scsi\aegm0m621 fffffa800b2ee2c0
Device \FileSystem\Ntfs \Ntfs fffffa80086482c0
Device \FileSystem\fastfat \Fat fffffa800bd282c0
Device \Driver\usbehci \Device\USBFDO-7 fffffa800b29f2c0
Device \Driver\USBSTOR \Device\0000008a fffffa800b9f62c0
Device \Driver\USBSTOR \Device\00000078 fffffa800b9f62c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBPDO-5 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbehci \Device\USBFDO-3 fffffa800b29f2c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBPDO-1 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\iScsiPrt \Device\RaidPort0 fffffa800b2f02c0
Device \Driver\cdrom \Device\CdRom0 fffffa800b3402c0
Device \Driver\cdrom \Device\CdRom1 fffffa800b3402c0
Device \Driver\USBSTOR \Device\0000008b fffffa800b9f62c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBPDO-6 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBFDO-4 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\netbt \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{C3E9D0B7-1619-4950-A5C4-A8307E0E6DCC} fffffa800baff2c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBFDO-0 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBPDO-2 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\USBSTOR \Device\0000008c fffffa800b9f62c0
Device \Driver\usbehci \Device\USBPDO-7 fffffa800b29f2c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBFDO-5 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbehci \Device\USBPDO-3 fffffa800b29f2c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBFDO-1 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume1 fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\FtControl fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\VolMgrControl fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume2 fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume4 fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume5 fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume6 fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\volmgr \Device\HarddiskVolume7 fffffa80086422c0
Device \Driver\netbt \Device\NetBt_Wins_Export fffffa800baff2c0
Device \Driver\USBSTOR \Device\0000008d fffffa800b9f62c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBFDO-6 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBPDO-4 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBFDO-2 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\usbuhci \Device\USBPDO-0 fffffa800b3992c0
Device \Driver\iScsiPrt \Device\ScsiPort2 fffffa800b2f02c0
Device \Driver\Smb \Device\NetbiosSmb fffffa800b9412c0
Device \Driver\aegm0m62 \Device\ScsiPort3 fffffa800b2ee2c0

---- Modules - GMER 2.1 ----

Module \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aegm0m62.SYS fffffa6003366000-fffffa60033ab000 (282624 bytes)

---- Threads - GMER 2.1 ----

Thread C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe [4900:5004] 000007fef81839f0

---- Registry - GMER 2.1 ----

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\[email protected] 771343423
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\[email protected] 285507792
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\[email protected] 1
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\14919EA49A8F3B4AA3CF1058D9A64CEC
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\[email protected] 0xD4 0xC3 0x97 0x02 ...
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\[email protected] 0
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\[email protected] 0x0B 0x27 0x8E 0xFB ...
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd\Cfg\[ema... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-mostly-when-idle.1093641/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello group Randomly my computer freezes on the wallpaper making all icons disappear Computer becomes non-responsive and requires reboot I ve done a bit of searching around to test out a few basic things Here is what I have found so far I see the following system error in Event Viewer Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer Freezes XP Idle While MUSICMAN Description Error code e parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c c I have run Memtest v a and it showed no memory errors after the standard -hour test It shows Intel Core MHz L cache K MB s L cache K MB s Memory M MB s I ran the test with M cached K RsvdMen e -std MemMap the cache on ECC off Test std -- and as indicated above XP Freezes While Idle no errors after the first full -hour pass My system info more available in the report than included below -------- EVEREST Home Edition c Lavalys Inc ----------------------------------------------------------- Operating System Microsoft XP Freezes While Idle Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Unknown MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor American Megatrends Inc Version Release Date Size KB Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI APM ACPI ESCD PnP Expansion Capabilities ISA PCI USB System System Properties Manufacturer ECS Product P M PRO-M Version Serial Number Universal Unique ID - - - Wake-Up Type Power Switch Motherboard Motherboard Properties Manufacturer ECS Product P M PRO-M Version Serial Number Processors Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Processor Properties Manufacturer Intel Version Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Serial Number To Be Filled By O E M Asset Tag To Be Filled By O E M Part Number To Be Filled By O E M External Clock MHz Maximum Clock MHz Current Clock MHz Type Central Processor Voltage V Status Enabled Socket Designation CPU Caches L -Cache Cache Properties Type Internal Status Enabled Operational Mode Write-Back Maximum Size KB Installed Size KB Error Correction Parity Socket Designation L -Cache Caches L -Cache Cache Properties Type Internal Status Enabled Operational Mode Write-Back Maximum Size KB Installed Size KB Error Correction Single-bit ECC Socket Designation L -Cache Caches L -Cache Cache Properties Type Internal Status Disabled Maximum Size KB Installed Size KB Socket Designation L -Cache Memory Modules DIMM Memory Module Properties Socket Designation DIMM Type SDRAM Installed Size MB Enabled Size MB Memory Modules DIMM Memory Module Properties Socket Designation DIMM Type SDRAM Installed Size MB Enabled Size MB Memory Devices DIMM Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Type SDRAM Type Detail Synchronous Size MB Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator DIMM Bank Locator BANK Manufacturer Manufacturer Serial Number SerNum Asset Tag AssetTagNum Part Number PartNum Memory Devices DIMM Memory Device Properties Form Factor DIMM Type SDRAM Type Detail Synchronous Size MB Total Width -bit Data Width -bit Device Locator DIMM Bank Locator BANK Manufacturer Manufacturer Serial Number SerNum Asset Tag AssetTagNum Part Number PartNum CPU Speed CPU Clock MHz original MHz CPU Multiplier x CPU FSB MHz CPU Cache L Code Cache KB L Data Cache KB L Cache MB On-Die ATC Full-Speed Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID - - - - -P M P M PRO-M Relea... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-freezes-while-idle.794030/
Relevancy 51.17%

For some reason, if I leave my PC idle (as in not asleep) for a while the screen will be frozen for a short time when I come back. The cursor will move, but it won't be able to click on anything. It will do this for a short time before locking up completely (not moving) and then a few seconds later everything goes back to normal. This gets annoying real quick. Sometimes a message comes up saying something happened with the display, but I've never bothered to read it. It can't be a virus because I use Trend Micro, so I have no clue what's causing this.

Bump. I could use some help here.

A:Display Freezes When Idle

Amada,
Welcome to SevenForums.

We can make a better guess at your problems if you could help us out by filling in your system specs.

HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR SYSTEM SPECS

In the line at the top of www.SevenForums.com you will see UserCP.
That is an abbreviation for User Control Panel.
Click on UserCP.
In the left-hand column, under Your Profile you will see Edit System Spec.
Click on Edit System Spec
You can copy and paste from the output of Speccy, Speccy - System Information - Free Download to fill out much of the info. Be sure to use the Other Info section of your System Specs for such info as your optical drive, your wireless adapter, your speakers, etc.

Now I know that you don't think that Trend Micro is the source of your problem, BUT...Disable Trend Micro and see if the problem still occurs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104375-display-freezes-when-idle.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hellooooooooo My Acer Extensa will freeze when it is idle for about - minutes When in this state the touchpad can be used but only in moving the mouse where the mouse would be constantly displaying the loading icon I have checked my Event Viewer and the following errors are those that are constantly occuring Under Application Error Idle. Laptop When Freezes An error occurred during decryption Information Server name is DOME MSSMLBIZ This is an informational message only No user action is required Information Laptop Freezes When Idle. Starting up database model Information Laptop Freezes When Idle. Starting up database msdb Error FallBack certificate initialization failed with error code Under System NOTE Before these logs two Information would occur sourcing from quot Event Log quot and would say Microsoft reg Windows reg Service Pack Multiprocessor Free followed by The Event log service was started on both pm Error The StyleXPService service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Information The Fax service was successfully sent a stop control Error The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load SRTSPSRTSPXFurther notes I have not taken any other steps I always leave it on AC Power I have yet to see if this occurs on AC Power In order for me to continue the use of the laptop I must hold the power button until it s off and then press it to turn it on again - so a complete manual reboot Ugh that took a while this problem is veeeeeeeeeery annoying but I m in no rush to fix it but I would prefer fixing it so any ideas would be nice eh Cheers guys for your time

A:Laptop Freezes When Idle.

I would try updating the video driver, as this often is the cause of standby type problems.How to update a Windows hardware driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160145/laptop-freezes-when-idle/
Relevancy 51.17%

I built a computer in February and have fixed all the little problems but one. It seems 90% of the time if I leave my computer idle for too long, it will freeze. Most of the time it happens if I boot it, walk away and when I come back everything has loaded but it is frozen. Any idea what's wrong?

CPU: Intel Q6700*
MB: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi
RAM: Corsair 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Quad Silencer 750W
GPU: IceQ 4670 1GB

Off PC Probe and Asus AI Suite:
CPU Temp: 19C Idle - ~28C working +avg
System Temp: 32C Idle ~ 36C working +avg
Vcore=1.03V
+3.3=3.34V
+5=4.97V
+12=11.98V

A:Computer Freezes When Idle

Looks like you have a good rig... good temperatures, good equipment, excellent power supply... Is the Corsair memory value ram?

You didn't mention the OS, CPU fan, or hard disk drive.

Remove 2 GB or memory and see what happens. Next day change with the other 2 GB.
We find memory is the problem when you are stacked at 4GB... or cooling fans...
Consider taking a closer look at the thermal paste... if it is on too thickly, it can actually heat up and idle... as the paste acts as an insulator...
Then it is always useful to unplug and reseat all the cables

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-idle.128886/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone let me start off by saying I'm new to all this troubleshooting stuff so even though I built this PC myself please have patience if I didn't post my specs or something when I needed to So my PC is freezing sometimes almost once a day sometimes twice By freezing I mean it locks up completely and moving the mouse doesn't do anything on screen nor does the keyboard work The only way to get back up and running is to use the power button This issue didn't always in freezes games after idle/sometimes PC happen as I remember it working fine in the first couple of months after I built it but then it just started happening one day I don't think malware could be a cause as I have antivirus programs installed and they were among the first I installed on day one A few weeks ago I did some tinkering with the drivers for my wireless adapter Netgear WNDA v N and it seems to have made some change Now sometimes when it freezes i can move the mouse but if I click on something it won't launch or open and it will eventually lock up completely like before I've bounced from thing to thing not knowing what is PC freezes after idle/sometimes in games even causing this issue At first I thought it had something to do with Google Chrome then with my wireless adapter drivers for it and now I'm completely lost Maybe it's something to do with the power supply I have no idea anymore I saved up so much for this computer and I really just want it back in reliable gaming condition If you need me to post some sort of spec list or log file just tell me how and I'll do it Thanks to anyone who's willing to help me

Relevancy 51.17%

My wife bought a refurbished HP Pavilion dv laptop recently bit Home Premium and although she's happy for the most part there is one unfortunate characteristic she'd like changed - whenever she lets it sit for at least an hour it invariably Laptop But HP Idle Freezes, Only When freezes It never freezes on her while she's in the middle of using it but if she say reads and responds to her email and leaves the screen on her email list for an hour or so it will be completely unresponsive upon her return No cursor No Ctrl Alt Delete She always has to hold in the power button to reuse the PC I've done full Malwarebytes scans run TDSSKiller run ComboFix Set up and run chkdsk f at boot Everything looks okay When I check the Event Log the only thing I can ever find are errors related to the non-sanctioned shutdown But maybe I'm not looking in the HP Laptop Freezes, But Only When Idle right place I could use some advice on what tests or applications to run

A:HP Laptop Freezes, But Only When Idle

After use, put the computer in clean boot mode.
When you return if the computer is frozen, follow clean boot prodcedure to find the cause
If it still freezes, let us know
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums
For Vista too.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/302389-hp-laptop-freezes-but-only-when-idle.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a new problem with my computer Dell Inspiron Desktop Windows Home Premium Problem System freezes after about or minutes of idling inactivity Do not get a BSOD Computer does not reboot itself It just freezes up with whatever is on the screen It does not matter if I have a screen saver active or not The mouse cursor will not move at all or will move just a tad bid until the spinning circle icon shows up and then its stuck there Only way to recover from this is to pull the power cord for a minute and start over Sometimes I'll eventually get a pop-up warning saying Warning - Unresponsive Script - not responding or something similar Most times I don't get any such warning Most of the time I walk off for a while FireFox is running I suspected that FireFox was the problem so I have purposely closed FireFox before letting the system idle for a while Makes no difference system still freezes after or minutes FireFox is updated to the latest version I have tried to run a full system scan with McAfee AntiVirus but it takes too long to run Scan gets to about and then the or minutes is for a Idle Freezes While after System up and the system freezes so the scan never finishes A quick-scan with McAfee AntiVirus worked and reported no issues I was also able to run a scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware free version That scan reported no issues Also ran MalwareBytes System Freezes after Idle for a While Anti-Rootkit That found no issues either Any advice on what to look for or what to try next would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626853/system-freezes-after-idle-for-a-while/
Relevancy 51.17%

So over the last couple of days I find that my computer is freezing up at random times after the computer has been idle for a while I originally thought it was AVG as that is when the freezing started and only during the virus scans which I normally did overnight So I uninstalled v and went Random when freezes idle back to but it would Random freezes when idle still freeze and not even when the scan was occurring I would just wake up to a frozen computer or a computer in which I could only move the mouse around and Random freezes when idle nothing else So if anyone knows of anything to help me out it would be greatly appreciated Thank you to whoever helps me out in advance I do not have access to a Windows Install or boot disc DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Blue Fox at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Blue Fox Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Re... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

tl dr Comp freezes after about mins of idle I think its a idle Laptop when freezes service issue but I can't identify it Okay so this problem has plagued me for a about a week and its one of the most frustrating things I've had to deal with in regards to my computer After about minutes of my computer being idle even if music video or downloads are active it just locks up and I have to force restart I believe this has something to do with services It is fine in safe Laptop freezes when idle mode and also fine when I run a totally clean boot Laptop freezes when idle However even disabling everything other than Microsoft services causes it to freeze I tried the long process of disabling half of the services seeing if it freezes disabling half of those etc and it froze every time until I got down to about services At this point I decided to try something else--I enabled everything except those services so theoretically it shouldn't freeze because the problem service is disabled right Nope It still froze I'm at my wits end and if I can't figure this out within the next week I'm going to buy an external hard drive backup my files and reinstall Windows because this is rediculous Note This started happening right after a huge Windows update about separate quot important quot updates I believe Also it didn't let me system restore back to before that update even though it created a restore point because quot Data was invalid quot Thanks in advance for any responses cheers Laptop freezes when idle Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users David AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msi com tw R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msi com tw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msi com tw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - D Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - D Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - ... Read more

A:Laptop freezes when idle

Hello, and welcome to TSF.

You've posted in the malware removal assistance section of the forums for what would seem to be a non-malware issue. I'd suggest you repost your issue in the Windows Vista/Windows 7 section of the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217/

Please do not post a HijackThis log or any other logs unless requested, in that section of the forums.

If you feel this issue is malware related, and I don't see anything in the HJT log to suggest it is, follow these instructions:

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-freezes-when-idle-490436.html
Relevancy 51.17%

tl dr Comp freezes after about mins of idle I think its a service issue freezes Laptop when idle but I can't identify it Okay so this problem has plagued me for a about a week and its one of the most frustrating things I've had to deal with in regards to my computer After about minutes of my computer being idle even if music video or downloads are active it just locks up and I have to force restart I believe this has something to do with services It is fine in safe mode and also fine when I run a totally clean boot However even disabling everything other than Microsoft services causes it to freeze I tried the long process of disabling half of the services seeing if it freezes disabling half of those etc and it froze every time until I got down to about services At this point I decided to Laptop freezes when idle try something else--I enabled everything except those Laptop freezes when idle services so theoretically it shouldn't freeze because the problem service is disabled right Nope It still froze My AVG anti-virus is running fine not picking up any errors at all I'm at my wits end and if I can't figure this out within the next week I'm going to try an reinstall Windows although I don't know how well that would go considering this laptop came pre-installed with vista and I used a Windows upgrade option disc Note This started happening right after a huge Windows update about separate quot important quot updates I believe Also it didn't let me system restore back to before that update even though it created a restore point because quot Data was invalid quot Thanks in advance for any responses cheers

A:Laptop freezes when idle

Do this:

Quote:

Task Manager:
Also, you can monitor the system for excessive resource consumption. To do this, open up Task Manager by right clicking on the Task Bar.
Then select the Processes tab.
Then select the "Show processes from all users" button (in the lower left)
Then select the View menu item, then select "Select columns"
In the Select columns window, place checkmarks next to I/O Reads and I/O Other.
Click OK to accept the changes.
Resize the Task Manager window so you can see the most of the columns.
Wait for the system to freeze.
Look at all of the columns to see if there's anything that looks excessively high - if so, let us know the Image name of the process.
FWIW - System Idle Process is supposed to have high CPU readings - anything else with high CPU readings is an issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-freezes-when-idle-490696.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello First of all my computer is a Dell and I have Windows XP It is fairly new less than a year old I believe Over the last couple of months one Computer idle.. when freezes out of every three times approximation when I leave Computer freezes when idle.. my computer alone to do something for minutes or so I come back and the computer shows only the desktop background picture with no desktop icons or even the login screen There is no mouse click either it s just the desktop picture Because of this I have to manually restart my computer It s pretty annoying even when I don t have this problem when I click on start -- turn computer off - turn off it takes a long time to turn off or never turns off I don t think I have a virus bug or anything and I regurarly clean with Spy Sweeper Any help would be appreciate Maybe I need to reset a setting or something Also I continue to get these Windows updates at the bottom right everytime I log on to my name on the desktop and the only update it is showing that s available is the Service Pack I already have a disk of this but haven t uploaded it because I heard it isn t that effective Maybe I should but is there a way I can get this update from popping up nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I m running Windows XP with SP and recently my computer started freezing after being idle Computer when freezes idle: about minutes Strangely the computer never freezes when in use except when trying to use the windows Vista quot Easy Transfer quot program which leads me to think this is a hardware program However in case it s not I Computer freezes when idle: ll post a HJT log here Computer freezes when idle: Any help would be greatly appriciated Thanks Jared Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files IOGEAR Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files UltraVNC winvnc exe C Program Files AlienGUIse wbload exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeChat LifeChat exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files IOGEAR Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Avant Browser avant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blizzard com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheMode O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-idle.784007/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am writing about a Compaq Presario C don t judge my mother bought it for herself It when freezes Laptop idle is just over a year old running Vista Home It has started freezing when it s idle i e the mouse freezes no keys work and I have to hard-shutdown the laptop by holding the power button I ve done the following things all to no avail - closed all but the most necessary processes turned off internet - turned off all power saving screen saving etc features - Laptop freezes when idle run Malawarebytes Avira SuperAntiSpyware all came up empty If I boot it up into safe mode and leave it it does NOT freeze It has not frozen while I was actively using it yet but don t know if being idle specifically has something to do with the freezing Not sure if it s a hard drive issue it tends to freeze faster if it s running a HD-heavy app like a torrent program Here s my HijackThis report Thank you very much for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avnotify exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe quot -s O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C Windows system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-when-idle.790116/
Relevancy 51.17%

Starting in April, my computer will freeze when idle for too long and I will have to cold boot it to get running again. I can usually hear an audible click in the computer then the programs stop responding.

Everything seems to run normal as long as I am using programs, etc. When I stop is when the computer will lock up.

Any suggestions?

Combofix txt file is attached

A:Vista X32 SP1 Freezes at idle

I'll tell you for a start you shouldn't have run Combofix it is a powerful program which can cause irreversible damage if used incorrectly, So I would advise to not run it again, Just some information

Anyway to your problem, from your description of a "audible click" in the computer when the programs stop it might be a faulty or failing HDD more than likely the other possibility being some faulty RAM.
But I suspect the HDD because of the click you hear, I would suggest you try and backup all your important data as my first suggestion to a CD, DVD, USB Drive or External HDD. You may have to get a new HDD and hopefully you have your Windows Discs so you can reinstall it, but we'll get to that when you reply back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220474/vista-x32-sp1-freezes-at-idle/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey a little while ago I was experiencing the exact same problem as I am having again now The only catch is this is a completely different build The only parts idle freezes System when that are still the same are the keyboard amp speakers MS Sidewinder X without the num pad amp Logitech's Z- - both usb oh amp the case fan-controller Coolermaster ATCS ZM-MFC Plus and of course Windows Ultimate with updated Chrome as my main browser Aida Ultimate for monitoring amp NIS I changed back from MSE to Norton since it makes no difference Anyway this system System freezes when idle is rock-solid when worked on or stressed that's hours Memtest runs LinX all memory hours Furmark etcetc Every test I throw at it it passes When gaming it has also never crashed on me however when the system is idle or when simply running some torrents it WILL freeze - sometimes after an hour sometimes after hours but it will freeze eventually amp then needs a hard restart There's also never any BSOD's just freeze I already ran verifier but nothing crashed amp I updated all rd-party drivers I think System specs are updated Hopefully someone can find something in the reports Thanks in advance

A:System freezes when idle

I've the exact same problem. In my case, a fully new (1 week old) OEM W7 Home Premium, I7-2600, 8GB, ASUS Sabretooth P67 w/ 120Gb Emcrest SSD and a GTX570. I have a USB mouse and PS/2 Keyboard. In the freeze, the mouse IR led turns off, Keyboard led remains on, screen freezes including clock but ethernet leds flash crazily and causes my switch (and as a result, other PC's on that LAN have no more LAN/Internet connection).
As far as I can tell, all BIOS and W7 powersaving modes are off.

Extra question: Is this situation where the screen 'freezes' (but continues to show that what was running at the time of the Windows 7 crash) = BSOD? Or am I to take BSOD literally....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160610-system-freezes-when-idle.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE A gb ram Win ultimate the problem is that my laptop freezes when idle even for minute i am not even able to move the mouse after the laptop freezes my laptop was in warranty so I got the motherboard replaced but on reinstalling windows i idle freezes when laptop get the same problem again and again more so i have observed that my laptop freezes whe idle only when connected to external power but does not freeze when on battery power i got the charger checked but there seems nothing wrong with laptop freezes when idle the charger i even tried disabling the services one by one to see which service is causing the problem but to no avail the laptop freezes and the only way i have to restart is by pressing the power button I have again tried to reinstall windows but the laptop continues to freeze when idle I am at my wits end please help me - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Darkknight-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:laptop freezes when idle

Check temps w/ Speedfan - Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Run HDD diags - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-when-idle-553737.html
Relevancy 51.17%

First of all thanks for the help on this. This is a great forum and I am new to it. I did a clean install of windows 7 home premium. It took me several times to install it. The computer kept hanging or freezing. I had to to a hard reset everytime. Finally I got through the install. Now when I start my computer after awhile anywhere from 5min to 15mins even if the computer is idle the system will freeze. No mouse moverment or anything. If I restart the computer and enter into safe mode with networking I do not have any problems. I am thinking it is a driver issue. I have no unistalled drivers in the device manager. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Freezes while idle

Hi Lance9790 and welcome to sevenforums.
After you installed W7, did you install all drivers for motherboard? IE: Chipset driver, sound, video, ethernet, etc. from MFR website? If not, that could possibly be the issue, even if device manager says they are installed.
Let me know if this helps, or if I can be of assistance in helping with updates/installs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151978-windows-7-freezes-while-idle.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My mouse keeps freezing up when it's not in use for a period of perhaps 30 seconds. I'll move it and then it takes perhaps a second to finally unlock. I know this is probably a program that's interfering. Just wondering if any of you know of any specific programs that are known to cause this or any Windows issues that might cause this.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,
My system has been locking up after periods of idleness.It work fine,then I'll come back and anything I do will cause a freeze,or no response till restart.I'm at a loss for the problem.It doesn't show up as a problem in the control panel solutions area.

AsusP6tdeluxe,gtx280,i7940,pc power&cooling 840watt,Corsair dominator 1600 ddr3

Any ideas out there?

Thank you,
Chris

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224295-system-freezes-after-being-idle.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i'm running windows 98 with an athlon 1.3 ghz processor, atlas precision 512 mg of ram, kt7a motherboard. i put the computer together myself and when i leave it alone to burn a cd, watch a dvd, or listen to music for an extended period it freezes up and i have to reboot. is it not getting enought power? any suggestions would be helpful. [email protected]

A:freezes when left alone

Power could be exactly what's wrong. Was the power supply from an old case you upgraded componennts into? I would reccomend nothing less than 300W and make sure it is certified for AMD processors. Memory could be the other problem with Win98. I believe with 512MB and over you need to change the VCacheFile size to be able to address all 512MB in 98. If you have an AGP video card that will increase the problem.

GO here and it will show u the way...LOL

http://support.microsoft.com/suppor...egabytes&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-when-left-alone.53362/
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer has been freezing at startup whenever I log on. It does not freeze in safemode however. I have advanced computer skills so please, do not hold back. It seems to work 1 in 5 times when I boot my computer, but other than that it freezes. Also it freezes when left idle for about 10 minutes. I have a screensaver that defragments, OO Defrag, but I have switched screensavers and the problem persists. Please help! BTW: The mouse still moves when the computer freezes, and it has nothing to do with hardware because I have gotten the whole system replaced from DELL. It goes dead silent (The HDD's, not the fans.) THANKS

A:Computer Freezes and Startup and When Idle

The fact it runs OK in safe mode leads me to believe if you do online scans for spyware and virus and eliminate that possibility, then you have a dying hard drive most likely.
www.bitdefender.com www.ewido.net are the best to run!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-startup-and-when-idle.510113/
Relevancy 50.74%

This suddenly began occurring about a week ago. The system runs fine, however if it is left for a fairly short period of time (15-20 mins) The program am I using will freeze and the cursor will change to loading. The task bar will then freeze if I try and click 'start', and I have to hold down my Power button to turn the PC off.
I have tried system restore, Defragmentation, and virus checks. Running out of ideas!
I'm using x64 Windows 7, and my specs are as follows.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20GHz
4.00Gb Ram (2x2gb Sticlks)
ATI Radeon HD5770

Help please!

A:Windows 7 Freezes after being Idle, or after Sleeping

What program are you using when this happens? Have you checked your system for any malware and spyware? Clean out your temporary files and delete all browser history....couldn't hurt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235658-windows-7-freezes-after-being-idle-after-sleeping.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i everyday left my comp turned on and turn off the monitor. when i come back after 4-5 hours i see Windows frozen.i cant ctrl+alt+del or restart from Win. only move the cursor.nothing works.

no screensaver
no hybernating

i hate this.what's the problem???

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251821-help-plz-windows-freezes-idle-time.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All,

I am experiencing some unexpected shutdowns and freezing when my Asus G73-JW laptop is idle. I think my shut-downs may have been caused by Windows power saving features. I disabled these features (sleep, hibernate, HDD shut-off, USB selective suspend), and had a freeze occur after the laptop was idle for three days. My screen saver was enabled (blank screen).

I have been monitoring my CPU and GPU temps using CPUID HWMonitor and they are withing a reasonable range (40-50 C idle, <75 C under load). I also ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic a few times (both regular and extended) with no errors.

My files from the SF Diagnostic Tool are in the attached ZIP. Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Unexpected Shutdowns and Freezes when Idle

Welcome

It looks like your USB drivers are causing the issue.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80149b7060, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa8015b46c10}

Probably caused by : usbhub.sys

Code:
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci!EHCI_sMode_PollEndpointSlot+6c )

Followup: MachineOwner
I suggest updating your USB drivers via Device Manager. The latest drivers may be installed, but perhaps they are corrupted. Uninstall them and reboot; the new ones should be automatically installed.

You may also go through the tutorial below:
USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

Later suggest you to turn on USB selective suspense, to see if it is caused by the driver or the hardware itself.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

If there any devices attached in the USB ports (other than keyboard and mouse), remove those and see if if the problem persists.

Post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251224-unexpected-shutdowns-freezes-when-idle.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys,

So when I just leave my PC idle, when I come back it will be frozen. For example explorer.exe crashes and then the whole PC locks up. I built this PC back in December.

Specs:
AMD FX 8350 - 4.6GHz
16GB G.Skill Ram
GTX 770
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
64GB Sandisk SSD
1TB Seagate HDD.

A:Computer freezes after being idle for 10 - 20 mins.

Do you have any network drives mapped? Anything set to shut off to save power such as Monitor,NIC, USB ports, or a screen saver etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347251-computer-freezes-after-being-idle-10-20-mins.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all and for the future help About days ago my computer started to freeze while idle occasional BSOD crashes while gaming but not frequently There is no other way than shutting it down with the power button This happens every single time I leave it idle It happens when no specific apps are running except utorrent I tried to leave it overnight without utorrent running and it still crashed I also already disabled any sleep option I updated my graphic card drivers and my bios however i was unable to update the firmware of my SSD Crucial M gb as it didn't find my drive I built my idle / to x64 Windows need 7 freezes shutdown when system in October and all Windows 7 x64 freezes when idle / need to shutdown components were new at the time and didn't change any hardwar since then System Info OS Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i K Motherboard Asus P P Pro Rev R vision B Memory Corsair VENGEANCE WHITE x Go DDR PC CAS LP Graphics Card HIS Radeon HD Go IceQ Turbo Sound Card Creative X-Fi Titanium Monitor s Displays Iiyama ProLite B HDS-B Iiyama ProLite B HDS-B Hard Drives main Crucial M Go SATA Revision Seagate Barracuda XT SATA Revision - To - Mo Seagate Barracuda Green SATA Revision - To PSU Corsair AX - W Case Cooler Master CM- II Advanced Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro I'm not that good with computers tech side but I hope you will be able to help me out Thanks in advance Actaka UPDATE I managed to update the firmware of my SSD Still need to see if idle makes my computer freeze

A:Windows 7 x64 freezes when idle / need to shutdown

Aktacka,

Welcome to SevenForums,

I'm not a BSOD analysis expert, just decades of experience fixing problems. Until one of the experts gets here, let's look at is probably causing your problems.

Install CCleaner:
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

list of STARTUP PROGRAMS

CCleaner | Tools icon | Startup button | Windows tab |
click on Save to text file button (bottom right side) |
accept Startup.txt as file name | SAVE button

list of SCHEDULED TASKS

CCleaner | Tools icon | Startup button | Scheduled Tasks tab |
enter Scheduled Tasks as File name | Save button

List of INSTALLED PROGRAMS

CCleaner | Tools icon | Uninstall button |
accept install.txt as File name | Save button
UPLOAD, as an attachment, the startup.txt file
UPLOAD, as an attachment, the Scheduled Tasks.txt file
UPLOAD, as an attachment, the install.txt file.

HOW TO UPLOAD
Post a File or Screenshot in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241979-windows-7-x64-freezes-when-idle-need-shutdown.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone,I have a Gateway desktop pc which freezes when I leave it idle, usually within 5-10 minutes it'll freeze.My hijackthis report can be seen at ........., can anyone let me know what's wrong?Mod Edit: Removed link to HJT log, not used/allowed in this forum - Hamluis.I've checked the cpu temp as well as ran spyware/antivirus to no avail.Thanks!

A:Gateway desktop freezes when idle

Try checking your system drive first for any errors. Check mark both options. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462662/gateway-desktop-freezes-when-idle/
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer has recently (within the past few weeks) started to freeze up after sitting idle for about 20 minutes. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and turning off my screen saver, but nothing seems to work. However, if I put my computer into stand-by, it reboots itself just fine. I'm not sure if it's a hardware or a software problem, and am not really sure how to find out. Also, recently, I purchased a new laptop with Vista. When trying to use the "Easy Transfer" software, the old computer freezes up. It is generally the only time the computer freezes while it is being used. And thus, I can't transfer anything from the old computer to the new laptop. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Jared

A:Computer Freezes when Idle and during Transfer

Maybe overheating? Open the side up and check the fans and heatsink - check for dust build, a seized fan, or a loose heatsink.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-idle-and-during-transfer.784006/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I just built my new rig and everything was running fine for the first couple of months until now. When I start up my PC I get one beep from my bios. Occasionally when windows loads up it will beep once or freeze up instantaneously unless I keep my PC active. If I leave my PC on idle it will totally freeze and I have to press the power button to restart. I am not sure why it keeps freezing, but I do know that the 4 led's on the d bracket are all lit up green. The CPU is installed correctly as far as i can see and I cannot figure out why it wants to freeze up.
I am running:
MSI k9n platinum MB
4gb Crucial RAM (2x2Gb)
AMD 2.6GHz X2 5200
PNY Geforce 8600GT
WD 320Gb HDD
700 Watt Ultra PS
Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks
Rlovec

A:winxp freezes at idle/ startup

What brand of psu do you have? Never mind, I guess its a Ultra,
never heard of the brand, cant really find any specs for it either.
Power would be the first place I would look. Is it up to the task
or not, if you paid 30 or 40 bucks for the psu my guess that it is
junk,,no offense....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-freezes-at-idle-startup-227785.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I'm a first time poster to these idle sleeping after being freezes Computer or after forums I'm currently experiencing an issue with my computer About months ago I started getting random freezes and would have to do a hard restart on my computer to restart To see if it was a virus or any kind of malware I did a clean reformat of my hard drive and was still having issues Eventually it started taking forever to Computer freezes after being idle or after sleeping boot up and load files and I got a SMART status bad message So I wound up replacing my hard drive with a brand new one and did a clean install of Windows That seemed to fix the slow boot and file load times but now I'm still getting freezes However they are not random They seem to happen when I Computer freezes after being idle or after sleeping don't touch the computer for awhile whether I have a program such as something downloading in the background or not They also seem Computer freezes after being idle or after sleeping to happen when I close the computer and put it to sleep and leave it like that for awhile I try to wake it up and I only get a black screen however my computer is on as I can hear the components The strange thing is as long as I am actively using the computer it doesn't seem to do this I was on it for about hours yesterday night and nothing happened and the computer was working fine I did various hard disk scans even though I know it can't be the hard drive seeing as I just replaced it it also isn't my graphics card as i uninstalled the driver and let my computer run for awhile with the standard VGA adapter and it still froze after me not touching it for awhile I also did a memtest scan and nothing came up I'm thinking there are seperate problems with my computer one that I fixed by replacing the hard drive the slow boot time and file loading times it took me minutes to open up windows explorer it doesn't anymore and another that I am unsure of Should I do more memtest passes i heard that one is not enough and that you should do up to to make sure your RAM isn't faulty Any feedback on this would be awesome The computer is only a year and a half old and I'd like to make it last another year and a half at least Here are my computer specs Model Samsung R OS Windows Home Premium -bit Processor Intel Core i GHZ RAM GB DDR Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GT M GB Video Memory Hard Drive GB Hybrid SATA Solid State GB of solid state memory this is the new hard drive that I purchased If there's anything else you want to know about my computer feel free to ask Again I'd greatly appreciate any feedback EDIT So I tried downloading updates for a game and it immediately froze So maybe the freezing is still happening on a random basis I still don't understand what could be wrong

A:Computer freezes after being idle or after sleeping

You'll get all kinds of ideas revolving around troubleshooting techniques, but replacing a HDD as soon as you did and the combination of problems seems to revolve around physical damage to the laptop such as dropping it or getting fluid inside. Is this possible?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-after-being-idle-or-after-sleeping-625794.html
Relevancy 50.74%

For the past week now my notebook has been freezing when I in idle! with Notebook Vista freezes leave it idle I ve turned off screen saver power settings set the hard disk to never shut off reinstalled my nvidia display drivers and cleaned out some of my registry junk with the help of an HP tech I ve done a memory diagnostic I ve run ad-aware and it came back fine I ve flashed the bios and I also did selective start up where pretty much only microsoft items will start at startup and everything else is off When the pc goes into idle now I can wake it up but eventually the screen Notebook with Vista freezes in idle! will freeze and I have to hard boot it I m pretty sure this is a software issue because I don t have this problem at all in safe mode Before all these changes if I kept it busy and didn t leave it go into idle it wouldn t freeze for hours but then eventually it would Now it just does that I can wake it out of idle now but it still just messes up later Specs Hp Pavilion customizable Notebook Gigs of Ram Nvidia M GS Intel pentium dual-core processor Windows Vista bit nbsp

A:Notebook with Vista freezes in idle!

I believe that might be one of the Nvidia GPUs that has had heat issues, but can't determine it for sure. The problem may be that there is signficant heat even when in idle.

If clean booting provided no clues -- but the problem did not appear in safe mode -- try VGA mode from your F8 boot menu.

If it doesn't happen in standard VGA mode you can be almost sure this is a graphics processor issue.

It may be the hardware going bad not able to tolerate the heat build up even in idle.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2203&tag=rbxccnbzd1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-with-vista-freezes-in-idle.802272/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a weird problem ever since I've installed Windows 7. Everytime after my computer was idle for a long period, like when I come home from work and start using the computer or after I have read a long article on the web, when I try, for example, to open a folder, open my browser or save a file, The computer freezes for a few seconds and I hear my HDD starts spinning, like it was "hibernating" while the PC was idle. After those few seconds everything works normally again. This is extremely annoying and I would like it to stop from happening again. Anybody knows?

TIA

A:Windows 7 freezes for a few seconds after being idle

Hello RFE,

This happens when have your hard drive set in Power Options to be turned off after x amount of minutes of idle time. When you use it next, it takes a few seconds for the hard drive to spin back up.

You can set it to be never like below to not have the hard drive turn off anymore if you like.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132443-windows-7-freezes-few-seconds-after-being-idle.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This problem just started after freezes idle being Solved: Laptop a couple of days ago After about minutes of doing nothing on my PC downloading files counts as quot nothing quot it locks up at where ever it was at the time The mouse is movable but has the quot loading quot icon going and nothing is click-able--even the clock freezes The only Solved: Laptop freezes after being idle recent changes I have made were on the th right around when this started when I installed Solved: Laptop freezes after being idle a huge Windows update including security office and NET framework updates and I also updated DivX which I have since uninstalled out of suspicion of being the problem I have tried changing the idle settings to always being off which didn t help and I don t use a screensaver I have selective startup going with only microsoft services and a couple I trust AVG iPod NVIDIA and Steam Also attempting to system restore back to before the big Windows update failed due to a quot Data is Invalid quot error I also doubt that overheating is the cause seeing as how the the processor use is at about when it freezes I am confident that I don t have a virus and would appreciate any help because trying to download a gb game client with slow internet is usually best done overnight I am running Windows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msi com tw R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msi com tw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msi com tw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - D Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - D Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - D Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - D Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run DivXUpdate quot C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOW O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users David AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe ... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, i have recently been having a problem with my computer. i have no idea what is wrong with it, after i leave it idle for a few minutes it freezes, i can still move the mouse but nothing works ican't click on anything. Also i get a random error saying memory could not be "written" and i have no idea what that is either. is there anyway somebody can help me with these problems? I have tried running a trend micro virus scan but when it runs for a while the computer automatically restarts.

Relevancy 50.74%

My system is a recent clean install of windows bit using all current drivers and updates for the components Using Norton IS My problem is that after leaving the pc walking away idle for a while to minutes I come back and the mouse will of idle Windows state freezes out move the pointer around the screen but no response from a left button click for over a minute Then all is well untill the next idle time break I have disabled all power saving schema in bios and in device manager for usb mouse and Kb as well as in power setting within windows This is driving me a bit crazy as I can t Windows freezes out of idle state nail this down to software or hardware I have defraged the HDD av scanned and disabled almost everything in the start up config file I can t locate any errors in the windows logs either Log file below Thanks to any who can help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Roxio CinePlayer CPMonitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Users Jay Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quot C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe quot O - HKLM Run Desktop Disc Tool quot C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run CPMonitor quot C Program Files x Roxio CinePlayer CPMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam steam exe quot -silent O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button C Program Files x Windows Live Companion co... Read more

A:Windows freezes out of idle state

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logCasey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373111/windows-freezes-out-of-idle-state/
Relevancy 50.74%

i everyday left my comp turned on and turn off the monitor. when i come back after 4-5 hours i see Windows frozen.i cant ctrl+alt+del or restart from Win. only move the cursor.nothing works.

no screensaver
no hybernating

i hate this.what's the problem???

Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so I tried to post in another Windows when Freezes alone left thread but never got an answer so I will try and run through what my problem is When I leave my computer alone say for minutes most of the time when I come back the computer is frozen and the mouse cursor is not updating properly like when going from hyperlink showing the hand and finger its not updating back to normal mouse cursor My CPU usage never gets over - and memory never gets over so it shouldn't be that I am having a Windows Freezes when left alone problem with one particular windows update never actually updating so that may be my problem but I can't get it to work Here is the update Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Below is my Speccy information and please let me know what else Windows Freezes when left alone I should put up here to help http speccy piriform com results DTagReFDkyC gQfmoPZ w

A:Windows Freezes when left alone

Topic I created and closed since this appears to be more detailed:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496813/system-freezes/#entry3063797 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496815/windows-freezes-when-left-alone/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I am running windows 7 (7100x64) off a relatively new HP laptop and whenever I leave my computer alone for a while it goes to sleep and freezes. I then turned off sleep function on the hp settings and if I leave the thing alone for a while it still freezes without going into sleep mode. However the problem does not occur when i close the laptop and then open it up later - then it kicks back into life like normal.

I made the switch with a clean install from vista and I didn't have these problems on that system. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with an easy-ish solution? i am no computer expert and would appreciate some advice on what I should do - should I re-install windows and is it possible to do that without losing my settings / files?

A:Windows 7 freezes when left alone

also attached is now my system info so you can see exactly what i am running and maybe help make a more accurate suggestion

details of the problem are that the computer totally freezes, it is black cause the screen turned off - this goes back to showing the desktop but then everything freezes, no mouse no nothing ( ctrl alt delete either)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/36233-windows-7-freezes-when-left-alone.html
Relevancy 50.31%

After installing a new wireless linksys router to replace the old netgear some computers in the small delete ctrl freezes idle Vista cannot and when alt office did ok -win and -vistas and -xps One vista however started freezing up with desktop only Mouse will Vista freezes when idle and cannot ctrl alt delete freeze and nothing will suffice but hard boot Have run several different trouble shooting programs and nothing is picking it up Have taken settings from the identical Vista bought together with this one but it still does it Sometimes it will do it right off the bat and other times you can motivate around but when it is left idle grab a cup of coffee time it freezes up entirely Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Business Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc P D Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-freezes-when-idle-and-cannot-ctrl-alt-delete.1075550/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm tired of this problem: my laptop freezes up after about 15 minutes being idle and I can only get it going again by resetting it. The problem was solved when I reinstall Vista, but after several months my laptop again started hanging up. And my laptop fails to install Tempro 2.0.3.

Please, help me to solve this problem and I don't want to reinstall Vista again.

A:Satellite X200 freezes up after about 15 minutes being idle

Hi

For me it sounds like that a 3rd party application software or is causing this issue because you wrote that after reinstalling Vista the problem was solved.

I don?t know what software you installed but you should remove all unnecessary applications like shareware or trial versions.
Then use CCleaner to clean the registry.
Visit the Windows update website and install all available updates for your Windows.

In worst case you have to reinstall Vista again. In my opinion a reinstallation from time to time is normal and I reinstall my notebook every year. So I often have good performance.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?44973-Satellite-X200-freezes-up-after-about-15-minutes-being-idle
Relevancy 50.31%

Please help! My Windows Vista Home Premium continuously freezes after a short period of not using it. It can vary from 30 minutes to an hour or two. I do not have screen savers and turning off monitors or hard disks on.

I've checked a couple of the forum threads here, and I noticed someone helped somebody else with a similar problem (Windows freezes in idle time). I did all the actions "usasma" suggested in his post, so hopefully I can get some much appreciated assistance.

I'm uploading these files that the user "usasma" said to upload, in hopes that someone can help me fix the issue. Oh and I am using a laptop, so upgrading the hardware would be difficult for me.

Thank you all very much!

A:Help! Vista freezes after a short period of idle!

I've tried to use the disk check, and virus scanners. I haven't had any luck finding any problems. I tried defragmenting, but the computer freezes before I can finish defragmenting.

Please help!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275586-help-vista-freezes-after-short-period-idle.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am running XP Pro, with a PII overclocked to 392.. 256 RAM..(I know, not enough of anything), but has to do for now..task mgr shows cpu at 100% quite often.. system idle at 95-97 regularly...system freezes regularly. I have and run spybot. Also got the sisoftsandra2007, but cannot run the the complete system scan without it freezing.....any help without upgrading board, processor, and RAM??

A:System Idle Runs At 95-97% Cpu Usage...freezes A Lot

Welcome to BC! Well, I thought I would make a couple of comments here, although I may not have all of your answers for you, and my not have the answers you want to hear!ONE, system idle at 95-97 regularlyThis is a good thing. It means your computer is only using 3-5% of the CPU's resourses. System IDLE is just that, that amount of the system that is IDLE, not working.TWO,256 RAMis painfully too little RAM. Most performance issues start and end here. RAM is so inexpensive these days, even the homeless can afford more RAM! THREE,system freezes regularlyThat is the issue that needs to be addressed. Of course, overclocking your system is going to create a lot of heat, and possibly damage hardware. I know that overclocking your computer is the 'cool' thing to do, but if you really want to enhance the performance of a computer you must first make sure it has enough RAM. This would be number one! Doing otherwise would be like putting a NOS system on your car, even though the car has 4 flat tires! It won't help, and possibly will hurt. Performance in that car would be improved by putting air in the tires first, and I think this is what we are looking at here.But back to the freezing. Heat. Make sure all fans are working. Take the side cover off of your computer and blow out all of the dust, especially on the CPU cooler and the Northbridge cooler (which is usally located just below the CPU). Clean that computer up first, and report back how much dust buildup there was inside.The next thing to look at might be the video card if you have one. Do you have a video card, or is the video built in to the motherboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53166/system-idle-runs-at-95-97-cpu-usagefreezes-a-lot/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had this problem now for about into sleep Laptop when going idle or Freezes mode a month Occasionally when I leave my computer idle for several minutes Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode like over it freezes The fans Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode stay on the lights on the keyboard are lit but the screen is blank and I have to force restart Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode it My power settings are on power saver so it dims the screen after minutes turns the screen of after and goes to sleep after In addition I have the maximum CPU processor state set at to keep it running cool If I try and recreate the problem setting each setting to and minutes it dims the display and goes to sleep just fine In addition it goes to sleep fine when I press the power button or close the laptop lid Things I've done to try and rectify the problem Updated the bios Reset the power configuration settings using the command prompt powercfg -restoredefaultschemes Scanned for malware using Avira Kaspersky Malwarebytes SAS and the system is clean Last night I left my laptop idle and it apparently crashed and BSODed according to the event log I see a lot of events in the log regarding DNS servers I can post the event log I've also seen some advice online to update the graphics card driver I've found what I think is the most recent graphics card driver on gateways website but I'm reluctant to install it because I don't know whether it's correct I also found a VGA driver on their website Perhaps someone could help me through that process I'd really appreciate any help I'll post logs screen shots of settings hardware etc as best I can to get this fixed Thanks very much

A:Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode

if it blue screened; please try and upload any screen shots if possible so we can have a look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317098-laptop-freezes-when-idle-going-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an EEEPC netbook model c which has Gb memory and came installed with Windows starter From the start it ran poorly until I disabled Aero and basic themes - it is now idle 90% at - computer usage freezes memory on quot classic quot 90% memory usage at idle - computer freezes I believe and looks ugly but is now actually functional One remaining problem is that it consumes of the Gb just sitting there Actually it's more like of the memory on Task Manager Firefox keeps stalling and completely freezes for - minutes on heavy pages e g bbc news I disabled superfetch and prefetch but this had ZERO effect on the memory usage despite what I've read in many places The ony thing that quot works quot - in the sense that memory usage is lower and Firefox runs smoothly - is using Wise Memory Optimizer to free memory when it gets above It's annoying to run an extra process to counter other processes that are killing this little computer I would rather disable whatever Windows is doing to fill up the memory Clearly Windows can run fine using only Mb because that's what I set it to on Wise Memory Optimizer So what is using all the extra memory How can I run a minimal version Superfetch doesn't seem to be the culprit

A:90% memory usage at idle - computer freezes

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab, without Wise Memory optimizer running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/303578-90-memory-usage-idle-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure this thing out but no luck so far This always happens when I'm just doing work studying some almost Computer then lags idle freezes while 30 for seconds notes for my ccent exam working on the network simulator etc etc Doesn't happen when I'm playing a game or if Computer lags for 30 seconds then freezes while almost idle it did I don't remember it happening then At some random point in time my computer will just lag for a few seconds and then completely freeze Then I will usually have to hard reset it and it will reboot by itself I didn't get a bluescreen but windows acted like I got one anyway and showed the error message quot windows just recovered from a blue screen quot Luckily for me I have blue screen view and the results are in the attachment below along with a dxdiag I have run antivirus scans from various programs and I have come up with nothing also I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers for both the graphics card and the chipset updated the bios re-seated the graphics card run chkdsk and the system file checker and no dice So I'm not sure where to look next Any help would be much appreciated thanks

A:Computer lags for 30 seconds then freezes while almost idle

Hello and welcome Blue mate try this
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/download from bleeping computer

and this

TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US you will have to look real hard the print for the .exe is VERY small!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/299659-computer-lags-30-seconds-then-freezes-while-almost-idle.html