Windows Support Forum

Google Logging Popup on Firefox 5.0

Q: Google Logging Popup on Firefox 5.0

Is anyone else having this problem? When I use the Google search bar (not google.com) Firefox is informing me that it blocked a "logging popup" I googled (ironically....), and apparently it's a common issue across a few browsers atm,... but I guess I'm a little paranoid.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Google Logging Popup on Firefox 5.0

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Google Logging Popup on Firefox 5.0

Same issue. Just started today, Aug 3 2011.

I'm blocking this popup in FireFox 5.0 - the message from Firefox is "Logger popup was blocked".

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/178814-google-logging-popup-firefox-5-0-a.html
Relevancy 18.06%

This issue started when I was connected to it and while accessing it recognized Google at day my despite External drive fu not attempt long I touched the cable and it disconnected Since that External drive not recognized despite my day long attempt at Google fu no luck in finding the external drive to External drive not recognized despite my day long attempt at Google fu access it I ve been using it for a a year and although a touch of the cable caused a disconnect it still worked well The device shows up nowhere on my laptop which I use to edit my photographs Here s a screenshot showing device manager disk management etc http I imgur com u ezzj png The hard drive is a WD MyBook Essential TB that is named quot Local Disk E quot on my laptop I should mention the hard drive s light is on when I plug it to the computer and will idly blink The light is off if not connected to a computer even if it is plugged in to a power source My troubleshooting steps Use different cables-- did not work Connect it to other USB ports-- did not work Connect other devices iPhone and a different WD hard drive -- all devices work on all ports Check for presence in disk management and device manager-- nothing there so I can t change the drive letter Remove all USB drivers and reinstall using Intel USB driver set obtained from Asus website using my computer model Asus G VW http www service asus com downloads c wax -- did not work Install drivers obtained from WD support website link to model http support wdc com product download asp groupid amp lang en -- did not work Shut down disconnect then start up and connect hard drive-- did not work Change cables and test-- nothing wrong with cables The biggest f you of them all connect the same hard drive to another laptop-- works flawlessly I am at a complete loss on what to do nbsp

A:External drive not recognized despite my day long attempt at Google fu

What do you mean by the point #9. Did it really worked well on different computers? Have you replaced cable or anything before connecting it to different computer?

The reason I'm asking it because you've already tried everything we could suspect off for the external hard drive to not work properly.

Instead of connecting it externally, try connecting it directly to the motherboard using SATA/IDE cable and see if it may start properly and allows you to see your data properly.

In worst case, you can take help from the WD support professional or alternatively, can ask for returns if the hard drive is in warranty.

Good luck though!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-drive-not-recognized-despite-my-day-long-attempt-at-google-fu.205135/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m running the latest version of Firefox along Firefox The it Rolling Stones,"Paint Does Black"..Literally! with the extensions quot Video Download Helper quot amp quot NoScript quot This is on a G IGP Intel board w GBs of system RAM After perhaps tabs are open FF will black out when scrolling black out tabs or entire window sets and finally crash My other quot art collector machine quot P- GBs of DDR same browser but only quot NoScript quot Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! will open literally hundreds without complaint Although at some point I suppose Firefox does simply get grossed out and exits Anyway the color value of pure black is So it seems to me that Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! a some point the color management can no longer retain the color information necessary and the registers go to zero So my guess is it s acting like it s running out of Vram Yes there s a question in here somewhere Have any of you experienced this Or do any of you think a discreet graphics card might help Or perhaps more importantly do any of you agree or disagree with my diagnosis nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-does-the-rolling-stones-paint-it-black-literally.192696/
Relevancy 20.21%

I can't connect to MSN, AIM,nor can I open the launchers for some MMOs I play (though I can get into them if I launch the .exe file). I can connect to Steam and talk to people but I can't use the browser aspect of it. Firefox says it's a proxy issue, but I'm not too software savvy and don't really know what to do with this. It seems to be anything browser-related. I haven't installed anything new and I ran a few scans for viruses, malware, etc, and did a few other things I usually do to remedy connection issues (disabling firewall, power cycling modem/router, etc) to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Can't connect to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Steam, etc.

What are your computers complete specs? What version of Windows are you running? What kind of Internet service do you have? Cable? DSL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-explorer-firefox-steam-etc.173927/
Relevancy 30.53%

i had this posted in the windows os section hi guys i have been given a laptop off a mate lo look at and the problem was that after entering his password the welcome screen came up but immidiately logged off i am able to log on in safe mode and gone in to logging Welcome... off control panel and removed the password but no joy i have created a new profile but is just the same i have performed virus spyware and malware scans that have all found no infections i would have tried a system restore but no restore points are found with the laptop being from pc world he was given no disks so i tried the onboard startup repair but no faults are found followed the Welcome... logging off guide on the microcoft website http support microsoft com kb the value data in the regestry was already C Windows System userinit exe but i re typed it anyway but still nothing sorry if this is has been solved elsware but i have searched all day and found nothing i havent triedClick to expand however i managed to get hold or a windows disk so i formatted the harddrive and performed a clean install the install went fine and i thought i had it sorted however after reseting the laptop it failed to load first time and cane up with a screen saying Welcome... logging off check for problems or start windows normally i tried start normally and it worked i then shut down the laptop and turned on again and the same screen came up but this time start normally didnt work so i let windows check for startup problems but none where found and still refuses to load sometimes i get to the screen asking for the password then it restarts but mostly i dont even get that far so now i am thinking maybe a hardware problem but i dont know any help would be greatly appriciated the laptop is an acer nbsp

A:Welcome... logging off

After a full clean install of the OS a hardware fault does seem the most likely reason.

I would start with a test on your hard drive and if that comes up clean then perform the test on the memory.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturer's diagnostics for ISO (CD) not the one for Windows.

When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.

In Windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn
Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to burn image file to disk and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the file you have downloaded from the links below. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos.

Excelstore
Hitachi/IBM
Samsung
Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum
Western Digital

Toshiba/Fujitsu
If you have a Toshiba/Fujitsu hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

Preliminary checks
You should first check the model of RAM stick that you have on the manufacturers site for the recommended voltage setting and then make sure it is set correctly in the PC's Bios. An incorrect voltage setting may be the reason for your problems so test the PC's performance again if the voltage was incorrect.

Errors can also be caused by dirty contacts, mismatched sticks or using them in the wrong slots. Check all sticks are the same make and specification, check the motherboard manual for the correct slots to use. Remove all the sticks and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slots with a can of compressed air.

Download Memtest86+ from here

When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.

In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn
Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to burn image file to disk and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the ISO file you have downloaded. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.

Testing
Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 8 cycles or until it is showing some errors. If errors show in the test, remove all but one of your RAM sticks and repeat the test on each stick until you find the one that is faulty. This is a long slow test and should ideally be run overnight.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.

IMPORTANT
Always disconnect your PC from the mains supply when removing Ram sticks and earth your hands to discharge any static electricity to avoid damage to sensitive components. If performing this test on a laptop PC you should also remove the battery before removing or replacing the RAM sticks.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/welcome-logging-off.172903/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi

My acer laptop has gone really slow for some reason (Haven't downloaded anything), when i go to the login screen (the one with guest and other profiles) the guest one works fine but when i login to the main profile it takes about a minute to load.

Any one had any problems like this?

thanks
ste

A:Logging in taking forever at the home screen?

My acer is about a year old and goes SO slow on that same screen. I on the other hand have downloaded alot. Not like a very large amount but a decent amount none the less. Sometimes it will take me ten minutes on that screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logging-in-taking-forever-at-the-home-screen.169131/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all,
So i have a laptop. It's an HP pavilion, with windows vista home premium, 4g of memory, ATI-Radeon 3200 HD graphics (not sure if my graphics is relevent). I was playing Star Wars on Steam, and it kept crashing (steam) so i restarted my computer. It logged in as the "default profile" or whatever and all my icons were big and my background changed to one of vista's. So i restarted again and now it doesn't let me log in. it has my profile picture and name, and i'm pretty sure the password is the same too, but i type in my password and it says "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded." i restarted it again and this problem still exists. What does this mean? How do i log in? will windows XP fix this problem?

A:Restarting restricts me from logging on?

Eh ... perhaps I am jumping the gun on this one, but the log-on error may be due to a virus. The large icons and background image change lead me to wonder if your PC was having an issue with your video card.

One thing to try is to restart the PC and keep hitting the appropriate F key to specify how Windows is to be booted up. An option should read something like "boot Windows from the last known good configuration". That might fix the odd, seemingly video card related issues with Steam crashing and the large icons.

The log-on error concerns me though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-restricts-me-from-logging-on.153930/
Relevancy 17.63%

I yesterday finally broke down and installed FF 3.51. Prior to this I had been using FF 2.0020.

I have configured the browser to open and run in privacy mode. Now the questions;

Is this "privacy mode" the equivalent of using a program such as "Anonymizer"?

I'm experiencing longer download times, and a situation where, with respect to Jpeg photo files, the image displays in the browser window, but the download is only the gif "placeholder". As a consequence, the image page must be reloaded and then re-downloaded.

Is this the result of privacy mode?

A:A Quick Question About Firefox "Privacy Mode"

I have recently installed Firefox 3.51 (from V3) as well, and you're right, it is slow...
As I see it, it has nothing to do with the privacy mode, because I toggled between the 2 and there was no difference.
"Anonymizer" is something I am not familiar with, but it basically does not leave any tracks, your history is constantly erased. You'll notice that when 'privacy mode' is enabled, everything in regards to your browsing history is dimmed. I actually prefer the privacy mode off, keep my history for 2 days, and keep cookies until I close...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-quick-question-about-firefox-privacy-mode.131623/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a new bit HP desktop with Intel i Firefox 64 box bit on freezing technology running Vista Home Premium SP It came with Internet Explorer and bit versions Well I m a Firefox fan so I installed it Firefox freezing on 64 bit box thinking the box should run bit apps It did for a few minutes then promptly froze the machine to the point of having to hold down the power button until the box turned off No other way out no combination of keystrokes or any other input device would work I mentioned this to a friend at work and he said that he d had a similar experience with his bit laptop but running bit Vista After Firefox freezing on 64 bit box uninstalling Firefox he ended up doing a Regedit search for firefox and deleted the entries then went back to IE and that seemed to work for a while He still has random problems with IE hanging up the spinning quot busy circle quot but he doesn t have to quot jerk the plug out of the wall quot to get back online but a reboot is necessary He updated to IE and that seemed to work for a while but it didn t last I did the same thing on my bit box and am having the same results I also did a clean up with Ccleaner but apparently there is something else going on I m thinking that I will probably have to re-install windows and do the updates over again Has any one heard of this I thought I was quot future proofing quot myself by getting bit but I may have quot present proofed quot myself for a while I have subsequently read where Mozilla has no plans to support bit at least until version is out I have also read that some have been running Firefox on bit machines with no problem I don t know what the real story is Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Firefox freezing on 64 bit box

I know quite a few people who have had trouble with their browser addons causing stability issues in vista 64. ( AVG in particular)

Try running your browser with add ons disabled.

I did run firefox on this setup (vista 64) for a couple of weeks with no problems, but prefer internet explorer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-freezing-on-64-bit-box.129294/
Relevancy 29.24%

Random weird black screen after logging FIXED - Used For Helping Ok so I ve got this Toshiba Satallite laptop here with Vista Home Premium and its doing something weird havn t seen it before and I ve tried a few different things tested RAM and Hard Drive no errors Tried without battery and with battery tried safe mode and tried normal So heres the problem I start it up seems to be working great but after awhile and at completely random times the screen goes black still on but no visuals at all Hard drive light stops completely no activity It happend once before I even got typing logging after black weird Random screen my password other times its when I go Random weird black screen after logging to install a program different ones Install and update check for updates after I ve installed updates just random It does not seem to be an over-heating issue as I have used Speed Fan to check the temperature of my processor and it sits at - highest was while installing a program no black screen It doesn t ALWAYS crash when installing but it seems to more often then not I fixed one small issue where Windows Installer was set to manually start and I couldn t get a few things to install right so I thought that was my problem first try right after program installed no black screen but then shortly after it was done i was surfing the internet and it went black I can t seem to pinpoint what is causeing this as it seems to happen at differnet points before login installing after installing updating just surfing the internet I thought it would be a harddrive issue from the harddrive stopping from working but it doesn t seem to have any errors I also tried lowering my resolution and it seemed to make it happen a little less often but it still happends switchd it back to the higher RES and its fine Last thing to add is RAM and Hard Drive test take awhile to do as some of you may know during these tests no black screen ran fine it seems to me this may be a Windows problem and some process or something is crashing it If anyone has had this problem with any laptop desktop with any type of OS and removing as certain application file helped please do reply I will be loading up another laptop hard drive with Windows XP and testing that for a good hour possibly longer seeing if problem proceeds Will update later UPDATE Ok so I have XP running its all smooth installed SiSoftware Sandra and doing a burn-in stress test of the computer So far one successful burn-in complete No black screens Update So I started up the drive with Vista on it had it running for awhile no black screen Thought it may be a video driver issue so I went to run a video stress test through the ATI Catalyst Control Center CCC and it wouldn t start up went to highlight the CCC in the taskbar and it disappeared so I uninstalled and am installing the drivers back from the ATI site without the CCC hoping this works More updates to come Update FIX I forgot to update my post when I fixed this I was pretty happy when I did and I was leaving just after so I never got around to it It seems it was either the driver that was installed or the CCC I uninstalled CCC and took out the drivers reinstalled JUST the drivers and it works fine Hope this helps anyone else that gets this issue nbsp

A:Random weird black screen after logging

I think you just solved your issue. XP drivers work fine but not VISTA. You should contact ATI and tell them you are having driver issues with VISTA.

Antil0ck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-weird-black-screen-after-logging.127947/
Relevancy 20.64%

i use mozilla firefox and every couple of minutes lately its been exiting out and i dont know how to fix it.

A:Firefox browser exits out

save your bookmarks, uninstall Firefox, download the latest version and install it... That should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-browser-exits-out.127261/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, I am having an issue with some web pages being non responsive when they are loading. Only certain web pages do this though, ex. cnet.com. If anyone has had this issue and could help, please do. Thank you.

Specs: Intel Core 2 duo @2ghz, 4gb RAM, 320gb hd, ati radeon hd 3650. it's a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

A:Slowdown with firefox

if you have a spyware scanner or antivirus i recommend you use it.

free options:

Comodo Firewall Pro (Incl. antivir)
Spybot S&D

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slowdown-with-firefox.127011/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have successfully set up a home network using a crossover cable between two XP SP computers i have successfully set up and used file and printer sharing and played LAN games mainly counter strike anywho i am now Setting Browser a (Firefox) Up for ICS trying to set up ICS so that i can surf the internet on my second computer I have had absolutely no success with the windows network setup wizard and i have therefore decided to setup everything manually for peace of mind Setting Up a Browser (Firefox) for ICS I have a PC which connects directly to the internet with LAN IP and subnet In this computer i have checked the box to enable the dialup connection to be shared with other computers on the network My client to connect to the internet through the server is set to IP and has the same subnet I have set the Default gateway and preferred DNS server on the client to this being the IP of the host computer I have read in other threads that this is guaranteed to make ICS work however i am yet to set up my browser to handle the ICS because without this there can be no surfing I have other proxies For school WLAN in Internet explorer so i am setting up the ICS in Mozilla Firefox I have looked at the proxy settings in the browser and i am frankly quite baffled Can someone please tell me how to set up proxy for LAN in this browser Thanks LMoore nbsp

A:Setting Up a Browser (Firefox) for ICS

Forget that, after setting up all settings and checking them and checking them, and setting the browser to Auto-Detect Proxy, the ICS is working fine.

:slurp:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-browser-firefox-for-ics.22527/
Relevancy 20.64%

cannot acces web pages on either server.The page opens but doesnot open default page in Opera or Firefox . When i open ie it gives me acces to web pages.

A:Firefox opera

deseraligears said:

cannot acces web pages on either server.The page opens but doesnot open default page in Opera or Firefox . When i open ie it gives me acces to web pages.Click to expand...

Server? What server? Web servers are like http://www.google.com/

IE, Firefox and Opera are Browsers and also known as Client/User Agents.

Suggest you empty the cache on each browser, and quit.

Using a login account:
get a command prompt (run CMD)
enter ipconfig /flushdns
enter net stop "dns client" (use the quotes too)
enter net start "dns client"

now try the browser again ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-opera.111772/
Relevancy 20.21%

My firefox does not work (vista) after upgrading to 2.0.0.12

checked windows firewall. Firefox not listed.

checked to see that settings matched up with internet explorer. Both set to detect settings automaticaly.

any other ideas? Thanks.

A:Firefox not working after upgrade 2.0.0.12 in Vista

hum; rather vague description "doesn't work".

Use IE to download a new copy of FF 2.0.0.12

Uninstall the existing; reboot

now reinstall the new download

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-not-working-after-upgrade-2-0-0-12-in-vista.101196/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently heard about FireFox portable, and I decided to try it. I loved the idea of notleaving files on the computer you're using. Great. I downloaded it, and installed the various add-ons and such to make it exactly like the version I have on my computer. One issue, though. It seems that the add-ons are being saved on the computer tather than the USB drive I have Portable installed on.

Basically, I am asking if there's a way to get those files I have downloaded and amdownloading onto my USB, while still having them work with FireFox Portable? (I think the issue is that the program is telling the files to go to the computer, as that's where FF looks)

A:FireFox Portable issues

I am not entirely sure if it is possible to save add ons to standard portable Firefox, however I have U3 capable flash drive and I use U3 portable Firefox and I have all my add ons, themes, cookies, and more on the drive and they work everywhere on any PC (not vista, go figure)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-portable-issues.99450/
Relevancy 30.1%

ADVENT Logging stop! won't off AL- Windows Vista Home Premium Celeron M Guys I m at a loss as what to do I have been given a laptop for the kids to use I was sanatising it ie removing users pictures music etc Before doing this though I created an admin account so at least I would have access When I had finished I went to shut it down a messeage can on the screen saying that the shutting down audio was still running and could not close Click continue if you want to proceed I clicked continue The screen then showed the logging off logo and has stayed like that for the last hours If I press the power button the laptop goes into standby When I press it again it shows Logging off won't stop! the log off logo It will not let me do anything else I ll even reset the laptop if I could but can t Hope someone has a bit of advice nbsp

A:Logging off won't stop!

"saying that the shutting down audio was still running and could not close"

It would help if you typed the exact message, not your version of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logging-off-wont-stop.99968/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a wireless network with Linksys cable modem and router. On the wired computer I can use firefox (2.0.0.4) for a while but the internet connection eventually stops working. I must then restart the computer and the process starts over. I am able to use Internet Explorer and it never crashes. I have no problems using anything on the wireless laptop and it stays up even when the connection on the wired computer ends. I took the router out of the network to test and firefox eventually crashed again. Hmmm. Suggestions?

A:Connection dropouts using Firefox

Hi riecherj and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Not sure if their are any FF experts here, I may be wrong, however FF does have an extensive forum all of its own at its homepage here, if you get no replies here it may a good idea to post your question there.

Whilst your here would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-dropouts-using-firefox.81429/
Relevancy 20.64%

having a major problem with internet explorer so i switched to the much more stable firefox and now after having firefox i disabled IE and ran into a problem most of my external apps wont run (iTunes MSN messanger so on) i need to know how to make these programs run off Mozilla thanx

A:Firefox for external apps

usually ENABLE ActiveX, allow signed components works.

sometimes you need to render (while in FF) using the IE engine

otherwise, like MS UPDATE, you have a site/application that specifically
written for IE only -- drives me craz :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-for-external-apps.70303/
Relevancy 20.21%

i am never able to view videos and things that require quicktime to be installed. it tells me to click on an image to install it, but that fails, and it tells me to do a manual install. i do that, and still no luck. l currently have the k-lite codec pack installed, and it has the quicktime alternative installed, but i guess it does not work for some things. anyone else got this issue here? maybe i will make a new thread whjile im at it lol.

A:can not view quicktime videos and such using mozilla firefox

Take a look at this article HERE, it may help.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-view-quicktime-videos-and-such-using-mozilla-firefox.57190/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I am hoping to setup a laptop to log onto a domain using a dialup connecting (actually a 3g card) but im not sure how to go about it, will the domain controller itself need a public ip to make this possible? Or can I setup some sort of port forwarding arrangement to make it work?

A:logging onto a server2003 domain using dialup connection

You will need VPN access through their firewall (username/password) or if they are port forwarding 1723 straight to the DC you will need only a local username/password on the Network.

You need to have this sorted before creating a PPTP connection. Dial-up shouldn't be a problem, just a little slower than usual.

1. Obtain username/password for VPN connection
2. Obtain Public Ip address or host name (mail.whatever.com) for where you are trying to connect to
3. Create a PPTP connection or install 3rd party application to connect once you are on the internet.

Good luck! :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logging-onto-a-server2003-domain-using-dialup-connection.56561/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello :wave:

My friends modem connects however he has a problem. There is nothing wrong with his ISP.

The modem connects and then the 2 screens at the bottom right hand corner show that the internet is working.

Here come the problem with both firefox and IE when he opens them they say the pages cant be displayed. Also any programe that needs to connect to the internet wont work.

Can anyone plz tell me how 2 fix this for him

Regards Baltan

A:Modem connects ( However IE and Firefox wont work)

See if there aren't any custom proxy settings, try clearing the DNS cache & if it doesn't work, you can always try to repair the Winsock files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-connects-however-ie-and-firefox-wont-work.49325/
Relevancy 20.64%

Any way my Friends pc is acting rather weired.

He can connect to the internet but the when he trys to open firefox or ie it says pages cant be displayed???

Also he cant access any programs that connect to the internet.

Can you Help

Baltan

A:Firefox and IE. Page can`t be displayed.

First thing is to make sure his ISP is not having problems. Then make sure all his connections are correct. ( The LAN cable didn't get disconnected at the back of the PC.) Is it dial-up or cable? Is the modem working and turned on, are all the lights on?

Open the control panel and double click the Network Connections icon. Is the NIC card enabled? double click it and select properties. Make sureTCP/IP is checked. Now click on TCP/IP so it goes blue and click properties. Make sure it's set to Obtain IP adress automatically.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-and-ie-page-can-t-be-displayed.48237/
Relevancy 25.8%

recently i got a intel 2.66 with asrock775vm800 board, i hate to see those bios popups during startup. Can i remove those popups? Any help is appreciated. ty

A:how to remove bios popup during startup

asrock makes subpar boards, but you should have an option to display an OEM boot screen, in the bootup options of your BIOS setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-remove-bios-popup-during-startup.34352/
Relevancy 20.64%

hi, i'm new in the forum but it seems great,,, i just bought a logitech marbelmouse trackball and install the latest drivers on their web site, and it works great wit all , office, explorer, apps ,etc, but with FIREFOX, the universal scroll doesnt work.

What can i do?
some body has the same experience?
Help!!

A:Logitech marbelmouse with FIREFOX

What extensions do you have currently installed in FFox ? ?
It's possible one of them is causing the problem. I would un-install them one at a time until you find the culprit.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-marbelmouse-with-firefox.27601/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi After getting poor responses from other hardware forums I had decided to try my luck in techspot any comment is deeply appreciated This is what happened I had just reformatted and resinstall WindowXp After running for about a day the monitor suddenly shows quot no-signal quot exactly when I logged-out of windows It should supposedly show that blue windows screen with the users name for log-in apparently the harddisks are still running and the system is quot on quot Its not a sleep or energy-saving mode I can b pretty sure cos mousing around doesnt help just not able to detect any video signal I did a hard-reset by pressing the reset button on the casing and everything went back normal That was the first time and only time something like this happened I m using a MSI AGP GT video card on a quot viewsonic CRT monitor Latest video drivers were used May I know off displays after windows Monitor logging Help: "No-signal" is that suppose to be a hardware or software problem I had been getting n solving quite a no of hardware issues and seriously hardware issues are tricky and troublesome Help: Monitor displays "No-signal" after logging off windows gt Is it a problem with the video card Thanks alot nbsp

A:Help: Monitor displays "No-signal" after logging off windows

It may have just been a glitch, with your memory, at the time of signing out. If you can't replicate the problem, every time, then it is hard to determine what the problem actually is. As long as the problem hasn't repeated itself, I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-monitor-displays-no-signal-after-logging-off-windows.28947/
Relevancy 20.64%

PC with W98SE. The network card and cables are OK. PC has access to router, from there to printserver, can print. Can see and access other PCs on home-network.
Somehow this PC has lost access to the internet.
IE says 'The page cannot be displayed'
Firefox 1.0.1 says nothing, just shows 'Done' in the bottom left corner.
There is AVG7, as well as Cybersitter 9 on that PC, no firewall. Even with both programs disabled, there is no internet access.
Cannot ping any website.
It was working until last week Friday evening.
There is nothing in the router that prevents it from access. There are no viruses or trojans or other spoilsports on that PC.
IPCONFIG /ALL shows all the right settings. All network settings are correct.

Suggestions anyone?

A:DNS not working in IE & Firefox (Win 98/SE)

I'd suspect that the router is blocking the PC's IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-not-working-in-ie-firefox-win-98-se.23508/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have several xp machines that are setup to log into a NT domain server and they have been doing that We added a shared calendar program the other day that shares data files from the server Now I have mapped the drives to the XP mapping drives logging to in doamain NT and correct places but they do not connect when the person logs in You can double click the disabled drives and a logon comes up and you can put exactly what you put in when you logged into xp and the drives are there But not until then The workgroup name of the machine is set to the domain name I have put the DNS server IP in I cant figure out why it XP logging in to NT doamain and mapping drives wont work I could make a win k down machine work like this in a sec XP logging in to NT doamain and mapping drives Am I missing something in XP I have tried the network connection wizard but it did not seem to XP logging in to NT doamain and mapping drives help I seem to be a little confused on how XP wants to do things S gt nbsp

A:XP logging in to NT doamain and mapping drives

I'm not 100% sure but maybe you need to set the local policy to authenticate as themselves instead of guest? You can do this by running gpedit.msc and going to Local Computer Policy>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>Security Options>Network Access: Sharing and Security Model for Local Accounts. Give that a try...

LNCPapa

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-logging-in-to-nt-doamain-and-mapping-drives.5785/
Relevancy 36.98%

Mozilla's decision to drop Google as the default search provider in Firefox last December appears to have had more of an impact than either company could have imagined. As a result, the search giant's share of the US search market...

Read more

A:Google fires back at Mozilla, urges Firefox users to switch to Chrome

Great Google! Keep it up this way I'm pretty sure a lot of users will simple switch engines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/google-fires-back-at-mozilla-urges-firefox-users-to-switch-to-chrome.210052/
Relevancy 19.78%

Mozilla has finally released a 64-bit version of their Firefox web browser for Windows, joining other major browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Opera in offering 64-bit variants.

Read more

A:Mozilla releases 64-bit Firefox for Windows with latest Developer Edition

Too little too late, already jumped ship to chrome long ago due to browsing memory limitations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mozilla-releases-64-bit-firefox-for-windows-with-latest-developer-edition.209371/
Relevancy 18.06%

With more than 300 million downloads and 50 million active monthly users, AdBlock Plus is among the top tools web surfers use to block intrusive or otherwise annoying online advertising.

Read more

A:Amazon, Google and Microsoft all reportedly pay to circumvent AdBlock Plus

Lets see .. remove extensions.. ad block plus.. and done.. buh bye..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amazon-google-and-microsoft-all-reportedly-pay-to-circumvent-adblock-plus.208529/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,
I use IE on my windows 7 PC, but once in a while I will use Firefox because in IE my Gmail account will no longer allow me to drag & drop images into my email. They keep telling me that IE is out of date and needs to be updated, But it is updated.
Anyway,
after using the IE Browser all day, before I shut down for the night I run 'Super Anti Spyware' and it on average will have to clean 1 to 3 adware / tracking cookies / spyware.
But if I use Firefox for 10 minutes and then run Super Anti Spyware the results have shown up to 56 adware / tracking cookies / spyware items to be cleaned.
Why would that be so? Is there a way to prevent that from happening?
I have attached a screen capture after using Firefox for only 2 minutes!

A:Firefox spyware?

I've seen similiar results on my W7 but don't worry bout it much. Are you allowing 3rd party cookies? If so, don't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-spyware.207527/
Relevancy 18.49%

Which is the most discreet way to send personal videos/pictures? I know what Skype is because I see it used almost daily on http://www.rightthisminute.com/tv but how discreet is it.
I'm not sure about google drive or photobucket. Any suggestions?

A:Skype vs photobucket vs google drive vs ?

I usually send private images and videos via Skype. I guess no need to find another tool to send info in a discreet way with other ones. Skype is the best one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skype-vs-photobucket-vs-google-drive-vs.206953/
Relevancy 20.21%

Win 7 Home Premium 64

Setting up computer, installed Firefox and about a dozen mostly security Add Ons.

Everything worked fine (except Text to Voice button would not appear in lower right of FF screen)

Was doing more setup, don't know exactly what was in progress when it happened,
but all of a sudden all the Add Ons except Avast were gone!

Going to reinstall, but would like to avoid that happening again.
Computer is for 84 year old cousin who doesn't know much about computers.

Thanks!

A:What would make all FireFox Add Ons suddenly disappear?

It's possible that some or all of the add-ons you installed were not compatible with the latest version of Firefox.
Or it's possible to start Firefox in safe mode with no add-ons.
e.g. In Firefox, 'Help' menu, then in the menu;' Restart with add-on's disabled'.
But other than that I can't see why your problem would have happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-make-all-firefox-add-ons-suddenly-disappear.205666/
Relevancy 20.21%

Installed the Add On, everything I can find says there is supposed to be
a button in the very bottom right of the FireFox screen to active the app
when a word is selected.

It doesn't show up.

What do I need to do?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-text-to-voice-button-now-showing-up.205633/
Relevancy 20.64%

I had quit using it some time ago as it made logging into Yahoo difficult seems it erased some cookies or something so Yahoo wouldn t log me in I just downloaded and installed the latest version of CCleaner now am experiencing the same problem again When I open Yahoo it says the Navigation Bar is unavailable - and it contains quot login quot - so to get around that I open Mail and it asks me to login but when I login it repeatedly circles back to Verify my Password It won t let me go beyond that What do I need to uncheck to prevent this and how can I fix not being able to restore the Yahoo navigation bar and to enable me to login to my Yahoo account EDIT I Uninstalled CCleaner and rebooted Now when Yahoo opens causes CCleaner on problems Firefox the Navigation bar appears for a second then it disappears and that same message about the NB being unavailable pops up How do I fix Thx nbsp

A:CCleaner causes problems on Firefox

Yea, by default, CCleaner removes all cookies for all browsers.

You'll find all the CCleaner options towards left side of CCleaner Window. Look under both the Windows and Application tabs. Look for FF listed on the Application tab and uncheck Cookies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ccleaner-causes-problems-on-firefox.153426/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want to install (Not update) a new version of Firefox.
When I install it, will it see my older version of FF and retain my current profile? Or will it just wipe it out and give me a new one?

Don't laugh, but I currently am using 3.6.28. It works for me with no problems, but I think it is time to upgrade to a newer FF version.

So, what would happen to my original profile? I have made a backup of it.

Scott

A:Firefox instalation question...Profile

Why not just use the Update - - it's been working well for me. Been using FF for years and now, after successive updates, I am on 30.0.

Be that as it may, I am sure your profile will be kept - - but you may need to reinstall any extensions and addons with a new install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-instalation-question-profile.204378/
Relevancy 20.21%

I would think some smart computer geek (and I use that term as an accolade) could
come up with a Firefox Add-On that could automatically, or selectively as desired,
be embedded in or attached to emails irregardless of browser that would be activated
upon opening and send notification to the sender that it has been opened.

If legal constraints require, it could maybe ask for permission to send notification,
but that kind of nullifies lots of the reasons for something like that in the first place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-about-a-firefox-addon-to-notify-when-emails-are-opened.152911/
Relevancy 20.64%

I ve just been FED UP with FF because of all of the memory leaks etc I ve been running v forever because whenever I ve tried to upgrade to newer versions they d all pretty much just crash after minutes of heavy use and not a single version of FF that I ve ever used has ever fixed the memory leak problems Not a single one memory Firefox leaks I actually installed a tiny batch file on quicklaunch so I could quickly kill FF at the point it s consumed all of my RAM so I could then start over with Restore Session to automatically reload all of my previous tabs After trying every solution to the leak problem that s the only one that Firefox memory leaks ever did me any good Apparently the arrogant tards at mozilla would rather tweak the UI to death rather than make a browser that actually works They re worse than even Microsoft because Microsoft has to listen to their customers sooner or later or go broke whereas nonprofits can just drift along forever At any rate I just finished installing PM including importing everything from FF with their little importer program and everything went flawlessly including all settings and the plethora of Firefox memory leaks add-ons I use The only difficulty was getting roboform attached which I can t live without I did finally dumb around and got the roboform taskbar program to attach roboform to PM which then worked flawlessly It is however necessary for the roboform taskbar program to run all the time for roboform to continue to work on PM but this is a very small price to pay to ditch FF forever I ve used PM for a week now opening closing keeping hundreds of tabs a day and I ve been stunned at how much faster PM is than FF as well as the VERY small memory footprint occupied by PM vs FF Even after a week s HEAVY usage PM has not grown beyond GB and even better when I close tabs ALL of the RAM is given back Basically PM is what FF ought to be Even better the genius behind Pale Moon Mark Straver has committed to keeping the PM UI fundamentally unmolested I ll be installing PM instead of FF on all of my client s computers in the future as well BTW ALL of the quot recommended fixes quot for the firefox memory leak problems are a sick joke Not one of them works And plugins DO NOT cause the memory leaks Firefox does How do I know Because I switched to Pale Moon importing everything EXACTLY like it was in Firefox and guess what No memory leaks in Pale Moon Oh and I use Adblock Plus Flash Java DoNotTrackMe BetterPrivacy CookieCuller DownloadHelper Element Hiding Helper IE View ViewAbout Visited and roboform So NONE of those is causing the firefox memory leak problems nbsp

A:Firefox memory leaks

Hmm; I've been a FF user since XP/SP2 and not had your problems.
As a professional programmer I would ask "How do you justify the comment re 'memory leaks' ?" How do you verify that memory has been lost?

I have IE, FF, Chrome, Opera browsers and in two decades, never heard of "Pale Moon" and frankly suspect your thread is a veiled advert for your program

Edit: Pale Moon is a deriviative of FF. See the wiki

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-memory-leaks.203748/
Relevancy 20.21%

First, no I'm not going to install the latest Firefox. Resource hog, slow, per all accounts.

So - have repeatedly tried to most referred to fix of typing about:config in the address bar but can never find the "searchkeys.disable.all" I'm supposed to toggle off.

Have also gone into the tools options etc etc numerous times and the thing I'm supposed to turn off is already off.

If I didn't dislike IE so much I'd crap can Firefox just because of this!

Appreciate any permanent fixes!!

EDIT: Just found and did the about:config "accessibility.typeheadfind.flash bar" reset to value of 1,
did not work.

Then typed about 2 pages on Facebook and when I forgot and tried to type an apostrophe, the whole thing just disappeared.
REALLY disgusted!

Next suggestion?

A:How in blazes to get rid of Quick Find in Firefox?

While awaiting an answer here, I?d advise you to also try the Firefox Support Forum which is specialized on problems with this browser.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-in-blazes-to-get-rid-of-quick-find-in-firefox.151772/
Relevancy 20.64%

ok, so everytime i open firefox (except for the first time) i get a pop up that its already open. i have to go into the task manager to turn it off, depending on how long i was using it previously the computer usage will be anywhere from 20,000 K to 180,000 K. This is a minor anoyance but i would like to fix it. I used to have this happen randomly and it caused me no problem, now its everytime. Although it is an improvment from when i would get the BSOD once or twice a week to once every other day. So does someone have a fix for me? firefox just isn't closing right i guess

A:Firefox problem

While awaiting answers here, I?d advise you to also try the Firefox Support Forum which is specialized on problems with this browser.

As regards my suggestions, you stand a good chance of success if you backup your bookmarks and re-install Firefox. The less add-ons, extensions and toolbars you install with it, the better as regards stability, security and speed. So use the minimum required and get them from the Firefox site itself, as they can be malicious. And install them one at a time, waiting to see if any trouble appears.

If you don?t want to re-install, try disabling all said add-ons, extensions and toolbars to see if it solves the problem. If it does, re-enable them one at a time to find the culprit.

Furthermore, if Firefox is frozen for some reason, then it should be closed from the Task Manager, otherwise it doesn?t close properly and on restarting it will give the message you mention.

Last but not least, the Task Manager is not a good indicator of memory usage, as it shows what?s reserved for it, not what is actually used by it. To reduce this figure, minimize and re-maximize Firefox.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-problem.151759/
Relevancy 19.78%

I was trying to read\download a page (eg.product specification sheet) from a website here and all I could view was a big colour block (black) page with no text?
Then a "pop up -see jpg image" window which would arrive\chime three times (after clicking OK) before the the page would become "static"​
using free-ware Adobe Reader 9 (Version 9.1.3)
See attached image for reader fault explanation
Edit:Anyone have any idea(s) why this might be occurring please? Is it the website I'm trying download\save the file from or is it a problem with my "reader"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adobe-pdf-reader-page-loading-fault-in-firefox-i-e.151587/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a problem with Firefox 36.12 When I go into the options to set tabs and web browsing tools, I set to new tab and check and uncheck certain boxes and hit save but every time I close out of firefox when I start it again I have to redo it all over again. Anyone know what is wrong?

A:Firefox problem

Delete the localstore.rdf file in your profile folder.

Maybe. lol

Mine was located in:

C: >> Users >> "my user name" >> AppData >> Roaming >> Mozilla >> Firefox >>Profiles >> ["random numbers and letters"].default

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-problem.155876/
Relevancy 18.06%

Bought a new hard drive for my laptop 2 months ago. Rather than clone the old drive to the new as I have done before I opted to do a fresh install of windows and reinstall everything.

Since then I have been getting repeated BSoDs showing a driver has overrun a stack buffer. Every time the blue screen has displayed I have been switching between open tabs in Google Chrome. I have already reinstalled Chrome but the problem continues.
I have attached the latest dump file. Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD Driver Has Overrun Stack Buffer Google Chrome Related?

The minidump file is empty...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-driver-has-overrun-stack-buffer-google-chrome-related.215754/
Relevancy 25.8%

I use FF and have several installed which do a good job, altho I have to keep adding to
the block list. It seems the number of pop ups is inexhaustible and continue to grow!

My 80 year old cousin who is absolutely only a novice or basic user would like to
have some type of pop up blocker. She uses IE and runs XP.

As I have no IE experience, I would much appreciate some guidance.

I've read a little about AdBlock and AdBlock Pro - any good?

Thanks!

A:Need easy to setup and use popup blocker for IE & XP

Hi Macx,

firstly make sure you have the latest IE installed (IE-8). you will be suprised that if you turn on the IE pop-up blocker ALOT of these pop ups will be blocked. You could also try installing the Free version of AVG.
The free version of AVG will actuall check sites in search engines before you visit them and give them a coloured rating next to them green - yellow - red which will give you a general idea on the safety of the website. If you visit the downloads section of the site here then security->Antirvirus you will find a version there.

You could also try downloading the free version of Zonealarm (*there are two here Pro + Free pick the free one) again available from the Secuity section unders downloads on this site where you will be able to prevent programs from accessing the internet if you dont want them to.

As for the Adblocker programes i have little time for them and prefer not to use them.

hope this help
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-easy-to-setup-and-use-popup-blocker-for-ie-xp.155586/
Relevancy 20.21%

when i start firefox i get this message
"The instruction at "0x7b6670a1" referenced memory at "0x7b6670a1". The memory could not be "read".

Click on Ok to terminate the program

if any one can help me out it would be much appreciated.

thank you

A:Error message while starting firefox

While awaiting an answer here, I?d advise you to also try the Firefox Support Forum which is specialized on problems with this browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-while-starting-firefox.150576/
Relevancy 19.78%

OK. Here's a tidbit I just discovered and learned about Firefox (in general) and the FF Java Console addon (in particular) I thought i'd share

When you look at your Firefox addon extensions (Tools->Addons) under Windows 7 or Vista you may find (see image below)

When you update your Java, old versions of the FF Java Console addons weren?t uninstalled from FF (note I have 2 old versions of Java Console in example below)
The Uninstall button for the FF addon is dimmed! (so you can?t uninstall it!)

Turns out the solution is simple

Close all your FF windows
Now start FF again using rt click to Run as administrator
> Rt click Start->All Programs->Mozzilla Firefox, select Run as administrator
The Uninstall button for the addon should now work!

A:How To Uninstall Old Versions of Java Console from your Firefox addons

Thanks LookinAround,!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-uninstall-old-versions-of-java-console-from-your-firefox-addons.155355/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have a serious problem with the laptop from a neighbour He asked me to take a look at the pc because software was installed which he didn t want on his laptop pcperformer There were no blackscreen problems before I started to work with it The laptop boots fine with its own logo After that I get the loginscreen from Windows when I swipe the screen or use the mouse His account is the same as his hotmailaccount That is where the problem started I filled in the wrong password inittialy so his account was locked Later I received the right password and went to the windows live account on the internet and logged in succesfully with my own pc Now whenever I 8 in screen Windows black logging after try to log in again on the laptop it takes long to login and after that I get a black Windows 8 black screen after logging in screen with a mousepointer I can use CTRL ALT DEL to get into the taskmanager I can see eveything is working I just can t get into windows I tried Safe mode at startup F Alt F but no luck There is no recoveryDVD Specs Medion Akoya S T MD Intel i U Intel HD Graphics GB DDR L Seagate GB SSHD Windows or preinstalled Any help is appreciated because I m quite desperate he needs this laptop for his work nbsp

A:Windows 8 black screen after logging in

How long did you wait? I have the issues with the black screen and pointer a lot. You just have to wait. It is loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-black-screen-after-logging-in.204778/
Relevancy 29.67%

First of all I hope I m posting this in the right forum It seemed like the most fitting A little background you can skip right to the question if you get bored I have a Western Digital WD TV Live media WD Logging accessed My files on Book streamer hooked up to Logging files accessed on WD My Book my TV which gets its content from TB WD My Book hard drives I have movies on these drives some of which are rated PG- and R The problem with that is my kids Needless to say I don t want them watching any of them while I m not around At first I thought of password-protecting certain folders files I don t want them touching but after searching far and wide I couldn t find a password-protecting feature for my WDLXTV d modded streamer So I though if I can t restrict access I can at least LOG it so that I can confront them about it My question Is it possible to log all of the files accessed on my hard drives All I really need is a small text file in the root that ll tell me which files were opened by something someone I m not sure if this is possible using my current setup but if it is how so Also just a side-note I m not looking for any advice on how to raise my children so please save anything that isn t tech-related to yourself Cheers nbsp

A:Logging files accessed on WD My Book

first off well done for protecting your kids from harmful films..

now to your question, im not familiar with the model of unit your using but if with a good google you cant find the answer then the only one i can think of is to remove any films from them that arent suitable and maybe stick them onto your pc or laptop, and set this up to stream to your media player, on your pc or laptop you have a greater control over the files as windows has file protection suitable for this kind of scenario.

i know its not the answer your looking for but im usually good at providing alternative solutions to problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logging-files-accessed-on-wd-my-book.149773/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi

I m finding the best info to remove cache, cookies, addressbar history of browsers like Google Chorme, Firefox 3.6.3, Opera 10.53.

Anyone help me to doing this or any such tool which works perfectly?

Thx in advanced

A:Removing browser history from Chrome, Firefox, Opera

Each of those programs offers a way to do what you wish. Cannot remember where, but you can go to their websites, or just look through all the stuff at the top headers of each program. They are very thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-browser-history-from-chrome-firefox-opera.149493/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just a few days ago the "mark as phishing" option is not working with firefox. Anyone else have this experience or have a solution?

I am phished constantly on hotmail so if this is not resolved, I will have to use another email provider.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mark-as-phising-not-working-with-hotmail-and-firefox.149203/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys Need a bit of help on this one Today in the morning when I double clicked on Mozilla Firefox Icon on my desktop I received the following In trouble bit Firefox with Mozilla a of error message quot Javascript Application Exception quot Component returned failure code x NS ERROR XPC CI RETURNED FAILURE nsIJSCID createInstance quot nsresult quot x NS ERROR XPC CI In a bit of trouble with Mozilla Firefox RETURNED FAILURE quot location quot JS frame chrome esnipsxpi content overlay js anonymous line quot data no quot When I clicked on quot Ok quot my homepage came up on the browser I thought that there was some problem with the browser so I uninstalled it downloaded a fresh installation file and In a bit of trouble with Mozilla Firefox installed version However since then I m getting the following error every time I double click on the Firefox Icon quot Javascript Application TypeError Components classes cid is undefined quot The homepage does come on when I click on quot OK quot or cancel the window Can someone please tell me what the matter is Any help would be great nbsp

A:In a bit of trouble with Mozilla Firefox

Maybe you can try updating the Java plugin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-a-bit-of-trouble-with-mozilla-firefox.149116/
Relevancy 20.21%

Please Help. I was just attacked by Anti virus Soft rouge anti virus. I just downloaded AVG free trial and locked all the infected files in the virus vault. My Internet explorer won't work, so i downloaded Google chrome, which did not work. I uninstalled Google chrome. Google Chrome failed due to error 102 or something like that. I then checked Steam and it could not update due to the inability to connect to the internet.
The only internet browser that works is Mozilla Firefox. Please give me some help.
I don't want to send my computer into a shop because of the costs. Thanks for reading.

A:Only Internet connection is with Firefox, after virus

Start with; document your TCP settings thus:
get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then follow-up and attach that file (it's in %userprofile% )

see http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55006.html
and verify you can ping using an ip address as well as ping by domainname

if you can ping www.google.com, then the TCP settings are good and it's a problem with the browser settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-internet-connection-is-with-firefox-after-virus.147917/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a laptop it is an HP pavillion the OS is windows vista -bit Lately it has given me issues trying to acces certain web pages in both IE and Firefox The pages I have noticed the problems on are Yahoo games and gamesville all I firefox with web and browser issues) (IE Help want to do is play Euchre online but after loggin in on in internet explorer not sure the version I have either site it redirects me to a page that says quot we were unable to return you to yahoo com quot at the same time the tab at the top says quot this tab has been recovered a problem with this webpage has Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues) caused IE to close and reopen this webpage quot in Firefox it Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues) just closes the browser I dont know why it wont let me access either site to play It access both pages with no problems Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues) on my roomates labtop but hes always playing poker so I can rarely get on there to play Something has to be wrong with my PC I have run Norton Symantic Spybot search and destroy uniblue registry fixer and they all come up clean with the exception of uniblue which always tells me there is an error by the end of every day if i run it weekly multiple errors come up but they always say they are fixed when I click repair I have also tried a few suggestions others made when I google the quot this tab has been recovered quot fix none of them work I have reset my IE settings and still nothing any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks for taking the time to help in advance if you can nbsp

A:Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues)

Delete all the temporary files from your browser's cache. Also please follow these 8 steps process, and post your logs in Virus and Malware Removal Section for review and further advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-web-browser-ie-and-firefox-issues.147692/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just recenty purchased this little machine.
Went to install Firefox as this is the browser I prefer to use , my old laptop was confirgured for this software and found it so good to use.
Especially with all the shortcuts and add on which makes internet work easier.

I have uninstall firefox - redownloaded and reinstalled with no luck - all I keep getiing is the message - firefox can not run.

Does someone have a solution for this - I am running with Windows Professional 7.

IE is the only Program that runs on this machine on the web.

Can someone please assist?

Any advice other than - sorry no fix would be great!

A:Can not run Firefox on new Toshiba Qosmio - why

Did you check "Configure how Firefox connects to the internet," under Tools > Options > Advanced > network tab?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-run-firefox-on-new-toshiba-qosmio-why.146072/
Relevancy 18.06%

Microsoft has raised quite a few eyebrows in recent years in terms of its software strategy. For a company that climbed to prominence by selling licenses for Office and Windows, it's hard for some to grasp the concept that Microsoft...

Read more

A:Microsoft is shaping its freemium business model after Apple, Google

Too little too late?

Microsoft could have become the biggest monopoly in the software world, all they needed to do was one thing: pull the finger out of own a$$ and make .NET run across every OS.

It was so technologically doable, it was so needed by the software world, they just needed to pull down on that pride of theirs and do what's right.

And now that for the shortage of punters NodeJS took their place completely, they decided to wake up and pull back on that stupid strategy they catered for all these years...

Hence the too little too late. Lack of vision - that's a killer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-is-shaping-its-freemium-business-model-after-apple-google.210197/
Relevancy 17.63%

I was doing some organizing (I don't know why, but I don't have "organize" in my bookmarks menu?) and moved one main folder into another folder by mistake, now can't move it back out into the main bookmarks menu.
Have done a search and nothing I can find will work.

This can't be that difficult!

Thanks!

A:Firefox, Yahoo: How to move bookmarks folder out of another folder?

Organize favorites is for IE. For Firefox you can restore your bookmarks by clicking on Bookmarks in the Menu Bar, click Show All Bookmarks, click the Import and Backup button, click Restore, click Choose File and then navigate to and select the .json file that was moved. Firefox will place a copy of the .json file (which are your bookmarks) back to the default folder. If you want, you can select a recent backup copy from the drop down list instead of choose file. That would save you a few clicks.

After restoring your bookmarks you can delete the accidentally moved file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-yahoo-how-to-move-bookmarks-folder-out-of-another-folder.196365/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi, for about 2/3 months now, every time I close the Firefox browser, by the time I reopen it, I'll have been logged out of every site I had once been "remembered" by.

I installed the latest version of Firefox today... Still no change.

Any help?

A:Firefox doesn't remember me anymore

With the Firefox browser open select
< Tools
< Options
< Privacy Tab
Then go to the box that says "Clear History when Firefox closes" and uncheck it. Then go through all the other choices eg.Remember my Browsing History for at Least ? number of Days ? or from the pull down menu beside the headline "Firefox will: never remember history " and set to your requirements.
hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-doesnt-remember-me-anymore.144888/
Relevancy 20.21%

Please help.. this is the first time i have ever had to ask. Dont really know what im doing. Usually i find the answer to my problems from other forums. So if anyone is interested in a brainteaser please let me know. Everytime i try to play a video on the internet. The computer says its tranferring data but never does. Just seems to not respond. I cant even end the process. I have tried updating drivers, re-installing add-ons, and re-installed firefox. IE works but not Firefox. I give up. I have tried everything that i can think of. Please give me some idea. I can give you my specs if need be.....THANX.

A:Firefox 3.6 keeps not responding when playing videos

The computer hangs or freezes and i have to shutdown with out ending the programs which is not good at all. Its not firefox because my desktop in the house has is the same version and it runs fine. I just want to be able to watch youtube and other vids without the internet freezing on me. THanks Guys........and Girls.LOL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-3-6-keeps-not-responding-when-playing-videos.145421/
Relevancy 20.21%

Firefox loads then redirects me to fp.pc-on-internet.com or occasionally other sites. I have scanned with various programs, no indication of virus or other problems. I have blocked scrips and used adblock to stop problems. If I block the site firefox will not load. says it has been partially blocked. Have deleted firefox, done deep scan with norton and reloaded firefox, still same. Getting extremely annoying. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Including a HJT log file so you can see what is running.
Windows 7 OS..

A:Help. Firefox is redirecting all of my web calls to junk sites

Welcome to TS.

First of all, this is the wrong section to post your problem which is most probably due to malware/hijacker and should have therefore been posted in ?Virus and Malware Removal?.

Now, there are better HJT experts than me around here, but till they respond, here are my findings:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A3BA40A2-74F0-42BD-F434-00B15A2C8953} - (no file)
This can be fixed, but I don?t think it?s dangerous.

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.buy-security-essentials.com
This looks very nasty!

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.download-soft-package.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.download-software-package.com
Candidates for fixing.

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.is-software-download.com
This also looks very nasty!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-firefox-is-redirecting-all-of-my-web-calls-to-junk-sites.145032/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am getting this when i try to close firefox.A cramped dialog box that doesnt show any contents.
On a side note pressing enter is not working on firefox login popups,and similarly here when i tried to insert the image link

I have no idea whats wrong, any suggestions? how did all of a sudden firefox prompts got resized

posting via Opera now

Any suggestions?

A:Firefox close tabs prompt screwed

updated to Version 3.6 yet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-close-tabs-prompt-screwed.145031/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi, i can't remember add-on that i used to customize my Firefox. I remember that i found that add-on on some forum, and when i downloaded it, it redirected me to some web page or something like that where i could customize everything (color, background, tab look and icons, back, forward icons...) It was really good add on, and now i cant find it. I thought maybe someone here knows the name of that addon i really want this addon i cant find it anywhere. I looked on Firefox web page, but theres only full theme packs.

A:Firefox addon/extension

Firefox 3.6 Support with version Live Writerfox 0.5 has been added, it should be soon on Firefox add-ons site, otherwise it is always on this page..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-addon-extension.144999/
Relevancy 20.21%

I was trying to get Tor to work via the browser bundle.
Every time I would try and start it up, it would crash.

Well, I've determined that the problem was with Firefox Portable.
I downloaded the latest version of Firefox Portable, and extracted it.

I ran the program, and same problem, it never starts, just goes to the crash report screen.
I've tried re-downloading and extracting the files.
I've tried everything I can think of, and I've been at this all night... with no progress what so ever.
This is what the crash report details it gives say:

Add-ons: {C1CA7765-44E4-452e-9D00-A04F3D434281}:1.0,{3f963a5b-e555-4543-90e2-c3908898db71}:9.0.0.716,{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}:3.6
BuildID: 20100115144158
CrashTime: 1267881644
EMCheckCompatibility: true
FramePoisonBase: 00000000f0de0000
FramePoisonSize: 65536
InstallTime: 1267881643
ProductName: Firefox
ReleaseChannel: release
StartupTime: 1267881643
Theme: classic/1.0
Throttleable: 1
URL:
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.6

A:Firefox Portable crashes. Every time. On startup

Here's a start, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes. You should post to the Firefox forums though,
they're better equipped. Especially if it's just Firefox that's crashing: no blue screens of death.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-portable-crashes-every-time-on-startup.144046/
Relevancy 20.64%

After the recent firefox update, every website (bookmark) I've gone to I've had to use Ctrl - to get it down to a reasonable size.
Is there some setting I don't remember of so I don't have to do same (Ctrl -) on all bookmarks?

A:Firefox update problem

learninmypc said:

After the recent firefox update, every website (bookmark) I've gone to I've had to use Ctrl - to get it down to a reasonable size.
Is there some setting I don't remember of so I don't have to do same (Ctrl -) on all bookmarks?Click to expand...

Maybe a glitch. I dont use FF so I cant really help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-update-problem.193979/
Relevancy 20.21%

I m trying to send my daughter a birthday card but can t get the cards to show on any online greetings 123Greetings etc of my ons One Firefox blocking security is add sites I get the text One of my Firefox security add ons is blocking 123Greetings etc but the cards themselves won t show up That happened a couple vyears ago and I finally gave up now I m just frustrated and disgusted enuf to try to beat this Strangely enuf I don t have any problems with getting everything I want to show up on any other site I ve visited as long as I allow or temp allow the right stuff on No Script Security apps are McAfee MalwareBytes and Anti-Key Logger FF add-ons are yeah got lots of them got burned a long time ago so am quot sort of quot paranoid about security and I hate pop-ups and trackers with a passion Ad Block Plus Ad Block Plus Pop-Up Add On Better Privacy cookies Collusion just visualizes who s doing the tracking Do Not Track Me Facebook Blocker don t like sending everything about me to FB Ghostery - blocks rd party web bugs Google Privacy Request Policy cross site requests Self Destruct Cookies Web Mail Ad blocker NoScript I temporarily allowed everything on NoScript and tried disabling several of the Ad Ons about cookies and tracking figuring it was one of them but apparently didn t hit the right one Sure would appreciate it if someone would happen to have experience like this and have any idea what s causing the problem nbsp

A:One of my Firefox security add ons is blocking 123Greetings etc

No I have never had this. But with all the add on's you have. I would venture to guess this is your problem. You are really running to many. At this point one could be stopping another one from working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-of-my-firefox-security-add-ons-is-blocking-123greetings-etc.193983/
Relevancy 19.35%

I often have photos from my phone or screen shots saved on my desktop I need to upload to any free image hosting website. I've heard of Imgur Uploader but it sounds like it only works on images already on the web. Is there any other programs I could use, preferably a Firefox addon or plugin?

A:Extension or add on for Firefox that takes an image from computer and uploads to hosting site

Jskid said:

I often have photos from my phone or screen shots saved on my desktop I need to upload to any free image hosting website. I've heard of Imgur Uploader but it sounds like it only works on images already on the web. Is there any other programs I could use, preferably a Firefox addon or plugin?Click to expand...

I don't know of any addon/plugin to do such, but you can sign up (free) at http://photobucket.com/
where you'll be able to upload photos from your computer (not sure about phone) .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extension-or-add-on-for-firefox-that-takes-an-image-from-computer-and-uploads-to-hosting-site.193188/
Relevancy 29.24%

This also involves viruses and malware but I need to get past this issue first. I could get to the log in screen but after I log in to the admin account, it is just a blank/black screen. But, if I log into another user account, I could see the desktop just fine. PLEASE HELP! I already tried opening task manager -> run new task -> open windows.exe and still no results. Thanks!

A:Black/blank screen after logging in to account

Sounds like you need to do a fresh Windows re-install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-blank-screen-after-logging-in-to-account.208376/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've got a folder of a large number of bookmarks & another of Favorites from a couple different computers I've saved in a folder and like to integrate them into my current bookmarks file.

It seems some time ago (maybe Netscape? dont' remember) I was able to import a whole folder of bookmarks with one Import.

I just looked into Firefox and Import and it looks like that only works one at a time - that would take forever.

Any way to do it "en masse"?

Thanks!!

A:How to import multiple bookmarks into Firefox?

In what form were those bookmarks saved? As a single file, or...?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-import-multiple-bookmarks-into-firefox.144104/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've never had this happen before, but just recently, I'm noticing that certain buttons in my firefox don't work unless I click them rapidly at least ten times. This includes anything on my tab bar other than the actual tabs, like the New Tab button, the Flashblock button, the Close Other Tabs button, the Greasemonkey button, and the Refresh button. It also happens with the address bar and the downloads dialog buttons (open, save as).

I'll click on them and they won't work, and I'll need to rapidly spam the mouse button ten to fifteen times before they'll actually work. I considered this might be an issue with my mouse hardware, but the mouse works fine on all other things I use it for. It's only on these firefox buttons that it doesn't work on consistently.

Any ideas?

A:Certain buttons in Firefox not working every time?

Have you tried starting FF w/o addons? Maybe the latest update of FF and/or one of the addons caused the problem you're having?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-buttons-in-firefox-not-working-every-time.191321/
Relevancy 20.21%

Are the greyed out plug ins needed , or can they be deleted,how?

A:Firefox plug ins, how do I update/delete them

Well, on further checking I've come to a dead end so will forget about it.
I did forget to mention this is on my W7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-plug-ins-how-do-i-update-delete-them.190659/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have windows vista. When I log off my desktop and leave it logged off over night, my mouse freezes and I cannot wake up my computer. so I can log back on I have to manually shut it down and start it. When I do that it hangs up and the resume windows screen come on then it takes awhile for it to load up to my log on screen. What could be causing this to happen? How can I fix this?

A:After logging off Have to restart computer manually

I would boot into safe mode and then do a full scan with an updated antivirus. Then run your disk cleanup. If that fails and the problem still exist then I would suspect the hard drive is going bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-logging-off-have-to-restart-computer-manually.207088/
Relevancy 20.64%

Can somebody explain in easy to understand terms just how firefox sync works? Since SeaMonkey is related to firefox, will it include those passwords/bookmarks too? Thanks.

A:How does Firefox Sync work?

Did you try the FF Help menu to search for it?

With the current state of Search (aka google) and Open products like Mozilla, Help or Google will typically result in a good result
and certainly produce results MUCH faster than posting to any bulletin board.

btw: see this link

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-firefox-sync-work.189359/
Relevancy 20.64%

I downloaded the mozilla foxfire lastest edition and since I have downloaded it I have not been able to use it at all first everytime I opened it it would come up with and a quot can not connect error quot and then when I tried to open it nothing would happen I would see no window but found out later on when shutting down my comp that apperently it was running in help Desperate Firefox the background and a small window would pop up saying would u like to save the webpages you were searching which really confused me cause I didnt even see the thing lol so I did continue to try accessing the foxfire and each time came a different result already explained but Desperate Firefox help as of this date and it has been a week I have not been able to use it at all Now I need to know how do I fix this can I fix this is this even worth continuing If anyone Desperate Firefox help can help me truely I would appreciate it Downloading this was recommended to me by my brother and I really would like to see how it operates long time internet explorer user Thanks nbsp

A:Desperate Firefox help

Is it the very first time you installed Firefox, or you had it before?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desperate-firefox-help.142694/
Relevancy 20.64%

if im on an account on windows vista that has parental controls and it has the box checked to record the activities on the account if i use private browsing on firefox would it still record the websites i go to in parental controls?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-private-browsing.142492/
Relevancy 20.21%

Was going to run an online antivirus program ESET NOD32, but im required to run it through a proxy server. i know its not rocket science to set it up, but im unsure of what websites to trust in finding legit free servers to use. and a lil setup explanation would be helpful as well. thx

i got it figured out. no more problems.

A:Help setup proxy server for Firefox 3.6

Make sure Windows is fully updated using Windows Update, and include IE8. Use IE8 for the ESET scan, but keep Firefox the default browser

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setup-proxy-server-for-firefox-3-6.141895/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello there,

I have just started using Firefox, and noticed that my Yahoo mail has gone slower.
Could anybody help?
Many thanks.:wave:

A:Yahoo mail slow with Firefox?

Yahoo's servers have been havin hiccups the past 2 days i noticed...
I checked this by logging in with 3 different browsers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yahoo-mail-slow-with-firefox.141417/
Relevancy 19.78%

I turned my computer on this morning, as per normal and without having any previous trouble, and I cannot use Firefox to open a window more than once, be that from my desktop or Rocketdock.

For example if I have used Rocketdock to open Yahoo, which is setup to use Firefox by default, it will work. However, if I then attempt to use any other Firefox assigned icon or the icon on my desktop all I get is a brief flash of the hourglass and then nothing.
I do not, however, have any problems opening up multiple tabs in that one open Firefox window.

I have run Registry Booster, CCleaner etc and I have also re-installed Firefox but without any luck.

Any ideas?
Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-open-multiple-firefox-windows-after-first-successful-opening.141408/
Relevancy 20.21%

When I try to watch any flash video on Firefox, I can' hear the sound at all. Also I upgrade my speakers from 2.1 Logitech to 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers, just to let you know that my 2.1 Logitech speakers works fine on watching flash videos, & of course I can hear sound from everything except watching flash videos, so why when I upgrade to 5.1 Surround Speakers is this happening?

A:Problems regarding Firefox flash videos

You should have 2 speaker jacks on your PC (I'm assuming this is on a desktop? )
Try plugging the speakers into the other jack. I've come across a situation similar to that before and that did the trick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-regarding-firefox-flash-videos.140783/
Relevancy 20.21%

What would cause IE8 or Firefox desktop icons takes forever to open or not at all? I know did this when I had microsoft essentials and now I'm running norton internet security 2010. If I close them after opening them they reopen unless I reboot the computer.

A:IE8 or Firefox desktop take forever to open or not at all

well i personal dont like norton internet security it allways slow my pc down iv been using AVG free for 3 years and i hav had a problem since

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie8-or-firefox-desktop-take-forever-to-open-or-not-at-all.140771/
Relevancy 17.63%

You know where it says www.techspot.com. Yes it has taken it over. There is no bing addon, extension or remove program. I followed a few guides I found googling and they only work until I restart FF. My old search engine was Google in the address bar.

A:Bing has taken over as my default search address bar in Firefox, search provider

In the address bar where it says your search program. Drop down the menu there. You should be able to switch it back to Google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bing-has-taken-over-as-my-default-search-address-bar-in-firefox-search-provider.182804/
Relevancy 20.21%

I m using Windows x Ultimate I m also using Firefox When Googling something about or more me Firefox sites sends junk to of the Firefox sends me to junk sites time instead of getting the link I clicked on I get a junk Firefox sends me to junk sites site which is always blocked by my Hosts file I ve run numerous AV anti-sp yware etc programs and no luck It seems like the second time I click on a link I get the proper link I have run Hijack This and am pasting the log Any help you all could give would be greatly appreciated I m quite frustrated with this issue Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Windows Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system winmsr exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files SpacialAudio SAMBC SAMBC exe C Program Files Zune Zune exe C Program Files mIRC mirc exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files SoulseekNS slsk exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows ehome ehshell exe C Windows eHome EhTray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Tipard Studio Tipard Video Converter Tipard Video Converter exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe DELETED DUE TO POSTING REGULATIONS ABOUT NO LINKS R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate... Read more

A:Firefox sends me to junk sites

See I see no point to run all bunch of AV/SP an etc.. where the default from OS FW, UAE and download the MSE is more than enough security. Unless you do the BT stuff then PeerBlock for that purpose.

You got link re-direct problem. Go under safe mode and run your AV/SP an etc.. that you run and see if it catches anything?

Windows 7 U
Firewall
MSE
FireFox 3.5.6
Adblock Plus + also Subscribe to Malware Bad site list
Flash Block
CS Lite
Bettery Privacy
Privacy Plus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-sends-me-to-junk-sites.140053/
Relevancy 20.64%

A friend does banking online & her bank told her she had to allow 3rd party cookies in her browser, but since she doesn't know how to do such & they didn't tell her, she downloaded Google Chrome & uses it to do her banking.
My question is, can she go to Tools>Options>Privacy & click the exception button & paste the bank URL in there & click apply or how does she do this? TIA

A:Third-party cookies & Firefox

If she wants to enable 3rd party cookies in firefox. All she needs to do is Click on tools , Once the menu opens, Scroll down to options . Click on this. Once this window opens . Click on the privacy tab, Once this opens go to history. Under this where it says Firefox will. Set it to (Use custom settings for history). Then go to third party cookies and click the box next to it. This should enable the cookies and let her on her bank site. Or you can try using Exceptions as you have asked. Just paste or type the URL in the box . Then click on allowed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/third-party-cookies-firefox.186981/
Relevancy 19.35%

A friend of mine whom is legally blind & color blind needs to know how to change the color of the link. I sent him this link http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/931924
but not sure if its the correct one. Anybody know how to? TIA

A:How does one make the unused links in Firefox change color to any thing that is not dark blue.

I found out how to do it but will accept other ideas too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-one-make-the-unused-links-in-firefox-change-color-to-any-thing-that-is-not-dark-blue.187405/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have no problem with IE7. I cant get firefox to work. Web pages wont load. The settings between IE7 and firefox are the same at no proxy. I have a wireless connection without using a direct service provider. Tried uninstalling firefox and reinstalling it no luck. I notice problems with other software like housecall too. The messege I get with housecall is it says I not connected to the internet when I am. I'm using windows security xp for protection right now. What am I forgetting?

A:Problem with new version of Firefox

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIChannel.contentType]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/FeedProcessor.js :: FP_onStartRequest :: line 1440" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/FeedProcessor.js
Line: 1440

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-new-version-of-firefox.140156/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi All and Merry Christmas I ve been all over the help boards and MS troubleshooting via but Can't fine IE7, connect works Firefox but I haven t found anything that addresses Can't connect via IE7, but Firefox works fine this particular issue I can connect to the internet fine via Firefox but when I try via IE I get quot Failed to connect to web-server proxy-server for bypass transaction Error quot Sometimes I get a more friendly error page but of no more help than this I m on a Dell desktop running Windows XP SP and connect via HughesNet satellite I believe the problem started after my helpdesk at work talked me through setting up VPN connection VPN worked fine however which makes this problem odder because work doesn t support Firefox In any case I uninstalled VPN I ve also tried connecting in SafeMode - no dice None of the other suggestions I ve seen online have helped either - but I think all of them assume you can t connect to the internet at all One thing I ve noticed - when I look at my Network Connection settings there are two of them Local Area Connection and Local Area Connection The first one says quot Network cable unplugged quot which of course it isn t or I wouldn t be typing here now and the other says quot Connected quot They have different device names as well the first Intel R Pro and the second one that works Com EtherLink XL Maybe Firefox is using the second one and IE is trying to use the first one but I don t know how to direct the browser to connect to one or the other Changing the properties of the first one - disabling it find the IP addresses automatically etc has had no affect whatsoever Any help greatly appreciated Larry nbsp

A:Can't connect via IE7, but Firefox works fine

Might be Conficker Worm Virus

Have you checked for the Conficker work virus? I had a customer recently had this problem. IE didn't work but FF did and there were some other issues. The ISP had contacted the customer to say they believed his home network was infected with Conficker and needed to be removed or they were doing to cut him off. So he called me, I checked and yes, it was Conficker.

Here is the link for the company that makes a removal tool for Conficker:

http://www.enigmasoftware.com/

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-via-ie7-but-firefox-works-fine.140224/
Relevancy 20.21%

I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and updated Java and that didn't help, any other suggestions? I'm jonesing for YouTube so please help!

A:Firefox won't let me watch videos anymore

Re-install the latest version of Adobe Flash player. Java doesn't have anything to do with the majority of videos that play inside your browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-wont-let-me-watch-videos-anymore.185882/
Relevancy 21.07%

I had to go into Tools>Options in Firefox 15.01 a bit ago & found this

I thought it might of been because I did a custom install so I re did it installing it normally,but no change. I don't like it, but if that is what it is,I guess I'm stuck.

A:What's with Firefox?

Its in all version of Firefox.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-with-firefox.185349/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, My system gets BSOD when ever I run google chrome, I did a fresh windows install but no luck. I have uploaded all the minidump files on sky drive here http://1drv.ms/Wtxzxd

My graphics card in AMD 7790 HD 2gb OC .
What I have done so far

1. Upgraded Power supply to cooler master thunder 600watt.
2. Replaced RAM
3. Removed Dust from the CPU
4. Removed Graphics drivers
5. Removed Anti-Virus

And nothing Helped so far

A:Getting frequent BSOD errors when ever I run google chrome

All the minidumps are exactly the same, pointing to a possible memory issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-frequent-bsod-errors-when-ever-i-run-google-chrome.203952/
Relevancy 21.07%

Is there a way that I can install/run BOTH Firefox 12 and 13 on the same hard drive? (For testing purposes) I'm not sure what it would do to my current (FF 12) profile. What would happen if I just tried to install 13? I think it would over-write my current profile?

Any ideas? Can it be done?

Thanks.

Scott