Windows Support Forum

Disable "Delete Browsing History" in Windows 7 Home Premium

Q: Disable "Delete Browsing History" in Windows 7 Home Premium

How do I disable "delete browsing history" in Windows 7 Home Premium? it is my understanding that i have to edit my registry as Windows 7 HP does not have a Group Policy Editor. There was a tutortial that included a download to disable InPrivate Browsing that worked like a champ - Does anyone know how to edit the registry to disable Delete Browsing History?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Disable "Delete Browsing History" in Windows 7 Home Premium

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Disable "Delete Browsing History" in Windows 7 Home Premium

Click on Start orb, type Regedit, right click on the result and select "Run as admin". Navigate to the following key.

Internet Explorer Delete Browsing History - Enable or Disable Access

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel

In the right pane, create a DWORD value named DisableDeleteBrowsingHistory, set its value to 1.

(That sets it for the currently logged on User)

If you set it similarly in the key

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel

that sets it for all Users.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/148280-disable-delete-browsing-history-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 103.23%

Is it possible disable "Delete Browsing History on Exit" option of IE 8 browser? I must to know the historica of users.

Thanks.
Sergio.

A:Disable "Delete Browsing History on Exit" option from IE 8

Only way I can think of doing it is by disabling IE options:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5162770_disa...t-options.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-delete-browsing-history-on-exit-option-from-ie-8-a-437312.html
Relevancy 103.23%

Is it possible disable "Delete Browsing History on Exit" option of IE browser? I must to know the historica of users.

Thanks.
Sergio.

A:Disable "Delete Browsing History on Exit" option from I

Open IE, open the tools menu. Under the general tab, uncheck the box that says "delete browsing history on exit."

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/43551-disable-delete-browsing-history-exit-option-i.html
Relevancy 88.97%

I know that there are versions of Win7 that have this as an option, but is it possible to disable Fast User Switching in the Home Premium version?

Specifically, Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1

Thanks

A:Disable "Fast User Switching" in Windows 7 Home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/disable-fast-user-switching-in-windows/#premium

If the correct section doesn't appear, scroll down to
"How to disable Fast User Switching in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows Vista".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-fast-user-switching-in-windows-7-home-premium.1163715/
Relevancy 87.11%

I went to Internet Options through the TOOLS option in Internet Exp-ver and clicked on Browsing History and then clicked on HISTORY to delete my browsing history The box appeared and the history Delete Stop "Running"/Deleting History-Won't Browsing started to delete The Delete Browsing History-Won't Stop "Running"/Deleting blue rectangles run from left Delete Browsing History-Won't Stop "Running"/Deleting to right while the deleting process is taking place When all have been deleted under normal circumstances the blue rectangles stop running and I have simply clicked out of it But now the rectangles won't stop running and I can't close out the box the blue rectangles as shown in the photo have been running for the last hours When I click on the quot X quot in upper right corner of the box the rectangles won't stop running and the box won't close out when I click on quot CANCEL quot I hear a ding sound and it keeps on running I re-booted tried it again and the same thing happened this is so weird Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Delete Browsing History-Won't Stop "Running"/Deleting

start > run > type in "cmd" without the quotes

type in

Code:
cd "local settings"
press Enter

Code:
rd /q /s "temporary internet files"
press Enter

tell me what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delete-browsing-history-wont-stop-running-deleting-395302.html
Relevancy 87.11%

I am helping out my son s school by quot acting quot as a network administrator guy keeping the wired and wireless networks up the phone system up and about or so computers running I am NOT a real browsing "delete gpedit.msc issues-disabling history" network administrator so let s get that out front You guys have forgot more than I will gpedit.msc issues-disabling "delete browsing history" ever know My problem is with one of the gpedit.msc issues-disabling "delete browsing history" computer lab machines I have all of the others locked down so they cannot delete browsing history by using gpedit msc and then admin templates etc etc Anyway I get to the folder where the changes are made make the changes to quot enabled quot for disabling the ability to delete browsing history but IE still lets me and everyone else delete the history This is a little older Dell OptiPlex I think Not the fastest computers on earth but they work for the lab Any idea on why I can see that I made the changes but they don t take effect Jason nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpedit-msc-issues-disabling-delete-browsing-history.995044/
Relevancy 86.49%

I went in to internet options and clicked on delete browsing history. The box appeared and the history started to delete. But ... it won't stop deleting. I clicked on "OK" but it still won't stop, I tried clicking out of it and it still won't stop. I rebooted, tried it again and the same thing happened! Help!

A:Delete Browsing History Won't Stop "running"

What do you mean by "it won't stop deleting"? Are you saying that it says it's finished but then won't let you close out of it or are you saying that you want to close out of it while it's deleting and it won't let you?

Also, what version of IE are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/delete-browsing-history-wont-stop-running-395244.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello, i have read up on this error, but i can't seem to find the solution . I know this post is common, but i feel i really do need assistance. The message comes up as "no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK". I have no clue on what to do, and everything i've tried hasn't worked. I'm open to all solutions. Also, here is my builld: AMD Athlon II X4 740, HIS Radeon HD 7770, Apex SK-393-C - System Build - PCPartPicker. I also have a 500gb seagate harddrive.
This message occurs after the first screen, after "install now".

A:"install now" on windows 7 home premium provides me with "no device.."

Where do you buy your Windows 7 DVD from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314383-install-now-windows-7-home-premium-provides-me-no-device.html
Relevancy 107.07%

How do disable people deleting the history on google chrome, i run a x64 bit toshiba laptop. It's windows 7 home premium, thanks!

A:How do i disable deleting history on windows 7 home premium on chrome

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
It doesn't sound like these other users have their own windows user account on this machine,
Home premium does not have group policy anyway but a separate user account and login might suffice as far as removing your temp files ?
User Account - Create
There should only be One person with an administrator account on one machine,
Everyone else should have Standard user accounts,
Which Family Safety features do I get in Windows? - Windows Help
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/341349-how-do-i-disable-deleting-history-windows-7-home-premium-chrome.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello Sevenforums This is my first post so please tell me if I do anything wrong After using Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade my Windows Home Premium to Ultimate and restarting I get the quot BOOTMGR missing error quot Interestingly if I shut down the laptop at this screen and turn it on it loads the OS selection screen perfectly Windows and Ubuntu dualboot I've tried the quot repair windows quot function running the startup problems fixer but to no luck Below is what came out from bcdedit Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt bcdedit Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device boot description Windows "BOOTMGR Ultimate Premium upgrading Home to after 7 Windows missing" Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings extendedinput Yes resumeobject c be - b - de- b -a d e d e displayorder current f c bb d- - e - f-f e f c toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout displaybootmenu Yes customactions x x f custom f f e -c - df- "BOOTMGR missing" after upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate c -ec da e Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier current device partition C path Windows system winload exe description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence f e -c - df- c -ec da e recoveryenabled Yes testsigning No osdevice partition C systemroot Windows resumeobject c be - b - de- b -a d "BOOTMGR missing" after upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate e d e nx OptIn Real-mode Boot Sector --------------------- identifier f c bb d- - e - f-f e f c device partition C path ubuntu winboot wubildr mbr description Ubuntu I noticed there isn't even a path listed for the boot manager I am moderately computer savvy I know some bare bones basic coding in linux and dos but I have absolutley no idea what to do

A:"BOOTMGR missing" after upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate

Make sure Win7 HD is set first HD to boot in BIOS setup, Mark Active Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred), run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts on its own.

Then use this method to Dual boot Ubuntu-Win7 which may help avoid GRUB irreparably corrupting Win7 when it's on the same HD.

Safest is to install each to separate HD's booted only via BIOS boot order or one-time BIOS Boot Menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/234466-bootmgr-missing-after-upgrading-windows-7-home-premium-ultimate.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi everyone I am having another problem with Windows Vista besides the problem with the Windows Help and Support This problem just started a day or two ago and I had hoped it was a temporary problem Unfortunately the problem has occurred twice now My computer was previously set to go into sleep mode up Home up" Premium been "waking locking Windows has Vista after completely after a certain length of time However once this problem happened twice in a row I chose to disable sleep mode The computer has not had a chance to go back into sleep mode since I disabled sleep mode so I am not sure if the problem will reoccur Windows Vista Home Premium has been completely locking up after "waking up" after I leave the computer idle for a period of time again or not I would prefer to leave sleep mode enabled since it is supposed to save energy but if it is going to cause my computer to lock up I will leave it disabled It locks up so bad that I can t even move the mouse pointer I just installed or important Windows Updates the other day Could these updates have caused the problem If not how do I fix this nbsp

A:Windows Vista Home Premium has been completely locking up after "waking up"

Well the Windows update came on the 11th or 12th of May. To see if that is the cause of your problem, do a System Restore to a prior date, then turn sleep mode back on, and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-premium-has-been-completely-locking-up-after-waking-up.923171/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am running a Vista Warning, Shut Windows Premium Down" "Critical Will Home Toshiba SLI notebook and find myself unable to use my PC due to a warning after I enter my password while the files and programs are loading Everything seems to be normal but I can't be sure Within seconds of booting up a Vista Home Premium "Critical Warning, Windows Will Shut Down" message pops up indicating that there is a critical warning and windows is now shutting down A new window Vista Home Premium "Critical Warning, Windows Will Shut Down" follows but I can't be sure of the code displayed because within very little time my computer is already restarting It first happened after the installation of a few programs used to convert and download viral videos to one's hard-disk I don't know if the warning is connected with this but it seems an odd coincidence A prompt after download the programs used to convert download the virals instructed me to restart my PC but being impatient I didn't do it until the next day This is when the warning started Any help would be greatly appreciated GutiHaz

A:Vista Home Premium "Critical Warning, Windows Will Shut Down"

Did you actually use the software you downloaded before you restarted your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-critical-warning-windows-will-shut-down-247592.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I'm trying to change the colour of my toolbar and the headers of other windows that I open. But when I type "change window glass colour" into the start menu I don't get the option to do that. I know that there must be an option to do this in Windows 7 because my laptop has the same OS and I have changed it several times on that. I have read in another thread that it might be to do with Windows Aero. But the troubleshooter is bringing up nothing and changing the Theme from "Basic" to "Aero" and back has no effect on being able to change the window glass colour.

I can send screenshots to any replies if that will help. Any replies greatly appreciated as this is bugging me.

Thanks,
Sam.

A:Changing the "Window Glass Colour" in Windows 7 Home Premium

You need aero active to do what you want. Whether or not win7 aero works or not also has a lot to do with your video driver. You should check with the video card (or motherboard if applicable) manufacturer's website for the latest driver version that is applicable. Also try googling to see if there is a way to determine whether aero is active or not.

Here is one example

There is a corresponding service UxSms (Desktop Window Manager Session Manager- Provides Desktop Window Manager startup and maintenance services).

This starts a process dwm.exe. With this started, AERO is enabled (if stopped AERO is disabled). So basically if the process dwm.exe runs, AERO is enabled (read the comments, this means that AERO themes might, but not necessarily have be used. However, without DWM no AERO).Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-the-window-glass-colour-in-windows-7-home-premium.205297/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi,

Has anyone any idea on what is the difference between Windows 7 Home Premium Gold and "standard" edition? It is available from Dutch retailers, but they were unable to give me an answer. Googling forums and Microsoft web site (including Dutch one) also did not bring any results, except for more offers.

Could it be SP1 version or there is more to it?

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Gold vs. "normal" edition

There is no "Gold" version of Windows 7. You can read about the different versions available at Microsoft homepage.

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows 7 Product Guide

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oducts/compare

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194213-windows-7-home-premium-gold-vs-normal-edition.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi guys,

A computer at work has given us a "read disk error" when booted up.

I was not at the computer at the time, but have come in the day after to fix the issue.

Now....

I boot it up and it works fine. I restarted multiple times, and shut it down and booted it up again and works fine.

What could be the issue here?

Also, if I where to back it up, how would I go about copy everything to a new hdd, and have everything exactly the same.

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/read-disk-error-windows-home-premium-245615.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have Window Home Premium Installed on My HP Pavilion Dv i Notebook I have only Partition I want to Install another Window and thats why i want to Make Another Partition for it I Know About Shrinking of Drive but i won't do it because it make the shrinked Partition Dynamic Which Can not Have OS on it SO i want to know that how can i make another Partition Without losing this Win Because Once i had Done that Shrinked and install another OS on Shrinked and then My Win had stopped working and Windows Partition Shrink one"} 7 {Making Home "Not Premium New was getting stuck during ScreenFlash Please Tell me how can i have an Extra Partition Windows 7 Home Premium {Making New Partition "Not Shrink one"} I have Windows 7 Home Premium {Making New Partition "Not Shrink one"} an idea Correct me if i am Wrong The idea is that if i Make quot System Backup quot of C GBUsed Free GB Control Panel gt Back up and Restore gt Create a system br br Backup on External Drive And Format Laptop Windows 7 Home Premium {Making New Partition "Not Shrink one"} and Make Fresh GB New Partition using Any bootable CD So Can i Restore that quot BACKUP quot on Newly created Gb Partition i think if i could and if it works then this is my Solution I haven't Tried and i want to know first Please Reply Must

A:Windows 7 Home Premium {Making New Partition "Not Shrink one"}

I think you do not understand the concept of dynamic partitions. They do not get created because of shrinking but if you have already 4 primary partitions. You will need to get the space from somewhere.

Suggest you post a full picture of your Disk Management so that we can best advise you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194439-windows-7-home-premium-making-new-partition-not-shrink-one.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi, I am new to this forum and not a computer expert. My 6-month old Dell Inspiron laptop is currently stuck on the Welcome screen (with spinning icon). When turned on, it brings me to my sign in screen, I enter my password and then it goes to the Welcome screen and just stays there and the little icon keeps spinning. I tried holding down the power button to force it to turn off, then turning it back on but the same thing happens. It has been sitting, "spinning/stuck" for over an hour now.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thank you!

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop Windows 7 Home Premium Stuck on "Welcome" Screen

Hi aphelocoma,

Please try the following steps to see if they help:

Try to run 'hardware diagnostics' to check 'hardware functionality':
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on; at Dell splash screen repeatedly tap 'F12' > Use 'arrow keys' on the keyboard to highlight 'Diagnostics' and tap 'Enter' > Capture 'error message' if any.
You may refer to the following 'web article' for detailed steps: Run Built-In Diagnostics for Your System

If you still experience issues, try to 'Load BIOS defaults' to see if that works:
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on and at 'Dell splash screen' repeatedly tap 'F2 key' > Tap 'F9' to 'load BIOS defaults' > Tap 'F10' to 'Save and Exit'
Note: Also check the 'hard drive status' in the 'BIOS' (Check if detected)

Please share the exact system model, if no conclusive results show up.

Do reply with the findings; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282894-dell-inspiron-laptop-windows-7-home-premium-stuck-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello Guys,

I have been facing issues with my dell N5110 and Windows 7 laptop. I have been using it for over a year but never faced this issue. My wireless (and wired) connection connects to the router but doesnt connect to internet. A yellow triangle appears on the network connection symbol.

I know for a fact that there is no issue with router because my other devices (another compaq laptop, an Ipad, a Kindle, HTC desire phone) connect fine. I havent changed the router or any of the settings. My dell laptop refuses to connect to the internet.

I have tried some of the remedies mentioned in the forum like resetting TCP/IP protocol using netsh command, ipconfig renew, re-installed the driver from the manufacturers CD but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With Regards,
Avisesh

A:"No Internet Access" problem with Dell N5110 Windows 7 Home Premium

Quote: Originally Posted by avisesh

Hello Guys,

I have been facing issues with my dell N5110 and Windows 7 laptop. I have been using it for over a year but never faced this issue. My wireless (and wired) connection connects to the router but doesnt connect to internet. A yellow triangle appears on the network connection symbol.

I know for a fact that there is no issue with router because my other devices (another compaq laptop, an Ipad, a Kindle, HTC desire phone) connect fine. I havent changed the router or any of the settings. My dell laptop refuses to connect to the internet.

I have tried some of the remedies mentioned in the forum like resetting TCP/IP protocol using netsh command, ipconfig renew, re-installed the driver from the manufacturers CD but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With Regards,
Avisesh

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all it would be very helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247923-no-internet-access-problem-dell-n5110-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Windows 7 Home Premium - Windows search is not working. I have tried several proposed remedies, including the standard ones from Microsoft, with no luck. I'm perfectly happy to let the computer run for hours if that is what is necessary but the standard suggestion that warned about rebuilding the Index took about 2 seconds and was, of course, a complete failure. Any help would be appreciated. It's a great tool when it works.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium "Search" is not working

I assume you ran this tool: Fix Windows Search ... that said I prefer using FileSearchEX these days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206745-windows-7-home-premium-search-not-working.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi i installed a windows update on When I rebooted after not " home update. premium 7 Windows genuine" my computer I got a pop up saying my copy of windows is not genuine I tired a system restore point and it didnt work Please help Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code Windows 7 home premium " not genuine" after update. x Windows Product Key - - BQTB-QQPJ -J PMY Windows Product Key Hash hyqYyPN EmweZQHfTbNrovDWt E Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID E DBA E- B- ECF- C -AE A C B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Windows 7 home premium " not genuine" after update. Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Windows 7 home premium " not genuine" after update. Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E DBA E- B- ECF- C -AE A C B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -J PMY lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt System manufacturer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt System Product Name lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt C Windows system slmgr vbs null The service has not been started Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline xC C HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt N A hr x d OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC ALASKA A M I FACP ALASKA A M I HPET ALASKA A M I MCFG ALASKA A M I FPDT ALASKA A M I SSDT SataRe SataTabl SSDT SataRe SataTabl SSDT SataRe SataTabl

A:Windows 7 home premium " not genuine" after update.

I should add this is a OEM license I bought from new egg when I built the PC it's currently on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/366323-windows-7-home-premium-not-genuine-after-update.html
Relevancy 100.62%

This seems to happen at random and since this is a new PC and I am still learning the ins and outs of this OS, I'm not sure how to go about fixing the problem. Any suggestions on what could be causing this and/or how I might correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Relevancy 100.62%

Hi - My computer is a year old running Windows and for the past few days every time I've started it up small pop-up windows will appear headed with 'Please wait while the browsing history is deleted' They are a real nuisance - and appear every seconds or so at times There are often several at one time and they can make my computer very slow My internet browser is not necessarily open when they appear and I had not attempted to delete my browsing history for over a month before this began I have not adjusted any settings in any of my browsers and have run full Virus Protection and Spy scans deleted." is Continuous wait browsing "Please history the while with no results of use I have also tried uninstalling Internet Explorer and have replaced it with Firefox but still face this issue I've also deleted all cookies with no results Can anyone explain this or help me to stop these windows Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Continuous "Please wait while the browsing history is deleted."

Is there any other messages than this? Some kind of hint which program calls this browsing history to be deleted?
Maybe you can make a screenshot so we can have a look?
Did you check your startup applications from start menu-search box-msconfig?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/continuous-please-wait-while-the-browsing-history-is-deleted-532443.html
Relevancy 99.76%

My computer that had been running the Microsoft Windows Vista in Become Windows Unusable 2016, January Gradually Home - "Windows During Has Microsoft Premium... Period August Update" the Vista Home Premium since early had become an appliance nbsp It worked every time it was turned on and it handled every network transaction that came through my DSL line nbsp I had set the quot Windows Update quot program to check for updates periodically every month "Windows Update" Has Become Unusable Gradually During the Period January - August 2016, in Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium... or so and then to inform me when ever any update was available nbsp I could tell when the quot Windows Update quot program had been checking for updates as the CPU usage went up to percent with the used memory amount quot sawtoothed quot up and down for about to minutes nbsp nbsp The quot Windows Update quot then would tell me about the available updates and it would ask whether it should load any of those nbsp This nbsp worked until about January nbsp At that time the quot Windows Update quot CPU usage would stay at percent for more than an hour nbsp After that it gradually got worse nbsp Around June it held the CPU at percent usage for about hours nbsp In August the CPU is held at percent usage by the quot Windows Update quot for more than hours with no end in sight nbsp "Windows Update" Has Become Unusable Gradually During the Period January - August 2016, in Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium... It did find some updates to load but it would not load them as the CPU had no time to do that nbsp quot Windows Update quot is currently holding the CPU at percent load nbsp this every time the machine is booted up until all of the updates are loaded and it can not do this as the CPU load prevents the updates from loading in and from installing nbsp It is in an essentially quot infinite loop quot doing probably utterly nothing other than holding the CPU up at percent usage nbsp I have noted that it starts to hold the CPU up in about to minutes after a reboot The only quot quick quot solution to the problem at this time is to tell the quot Windows Update quot never to check for updates and reboot the machine nbsp nbsp That freed the CPU from the burden nbsp I am looking into the cause of this as time permits and I will post what I have found out -- Yekta

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c81d5d50-6998-410a-9251-110bcd47d312/quotwindows-updatequot-has-become-unusable-gradually-during-the-period-january-august-2016-in?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 99.76%

i have a gateway nv53a laptop AMD Athlon ii x2 processor p520 4 GB ram running windows 7 64 bit home premium - i am continually freezing and message "not responding" is displayed in the title bar. i have searched the web and there seems to be a problem with the OS and sata drives. any clues?

A:windows 7 64 bit home premium - "not responding"

Go to Start/Search and type chkdsk C: /R and press enter. Now type a Y and reboot the computer. the Check Disk utility will run at next boot up and try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-not-responding-580977.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello everyone I was wondering if when you open a tab folder and browse through folders files pictures etc if the browsing history can be the Can file history browsing me: be help Please "corrupt"? corrupt invalid or change Example Someone opens a tab and quot surfs quot on the pc in the same window tab A start folder gt B gt C gt D gt E gt F And then you can click Please help me: Can the file browsing history be "corrupt"? back through the way you came F gt E Please help me: Can the file browsing history be "corrupt"? gt D gt C gt B gt A But i experienced this when i used my already opened PC and i thought i knew which files and folders i had been looking into A gt B gt C gt D gt E gt F And then when i went back i was lead through another way that i came Please help me: Can the file browsing history be "corrupt"? through folders i haven't openend in months i have reboot my computer the day before this F gt Z gt Q gt R gt T etc Can this happen or is a flaw or something I have Windows original not cracked fully updated i have the newest AVG with full update and scan often I also have A-aware and scanned for spyware and malware nothing found The reason i ask this is because a person have used my computer and wanna know if the person has been sniffing through my personal documents Thank you very much in advance for you replies Best regards Emil

A:Please help me: Can the file browsing history be "corrupt"?

hi emilfrederiksen. welcome to the forums.

i'm not entirely sure what you are asking or what the issue is? however, i will comment that from what you say. It would seem that whoever has been using your computer may have been looking in the files that you state shows in the history.

if this is the case you will have at least learnt one thing...

and that is not to let anyone use your computer without supervision.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321090-please-help-me-can-file-browsing-history-corrupt.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Google Toolbar Tracks Browsing Even After Users Choose "Disable".

This article is about the issue of privacy with regard to Google Toolbar.

-- Tom

Relevancy 96.32%

If you can teach me how to fix it , it would be nice. ...I check all the USB plug and nothing is connected. Only the power plug. Im back at doing F8 and at the advance booth options. Doing safe mode WITHOUT network right now and ti's stuck at window/system32/drivers/avgrkx64.sys. ?

should i disable avg ?
using cmd promt how pls help

A:Windows 7 home premium Been on the "starting windows" stuck up

Yes, disable avg. If that does not work try clean boot
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If AVG is the problem uninstall using the uninstall tool from their website and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx
For the best protection download Malwarebytes for weekly scans. Do this regardless of the AV that you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161064-windows-7-home-premium-been-starting-windows-stuck-up.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Pretty much the title, I would like there to never be any history there. Is there a way to accomplish this?

A:Disable "History" in the run dialog box

Any history where?
Where do you not want and history stored?
What kind of history are you talking about?
What dialog box?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331036-disable-history-run-dialog-box.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Recently a friend of Forms Solved: - IE7 and Buttons Passwords" Disable "Delete mine used my computer while I was in the shower I have no problem with my friends using my laptop at Solved: Disable "Delete Forms and Passwords" Buttons - IE7 all Although he felt the need to quot delete browser History quot from IE all of it With that he deleted Solved: Disable "Delete Forms and Passwords" Buttons - IE7 all my saved usernames and passwords which I never can remember and that s why I save them This is the nd time this has happened to me different users So my question is In the dialog window for quot Delete Browser History quot is there a way to disable the quot Delete Forms quot and or quot Delete Passwords quot buttons I ve seen a way to disable the quot Delete History quot button from that dialog box Pictured Below I have tried using the same registry edits as the quot Delete History quot button tweak but changing the relative info for forms and passwords and it does not work I m running XP PRO - Updated as of this AM I appreciate your any in site that you may have Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 92.45%

I am attempting to put an ISO image on a USB drive, but I keep getting an error that the ISO Image that I am using is not legit.

I am using the Windows 7 USB Download Tool, burning to a Kingston 8GB Thumb Drive.

Apologies if the post is shorter than it should be, but that is all I have at the moment.

A:Error While "Burning" ISO Wind 7x64, Home Premium to USB Drive

You can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
Download and run Universal USB Installer ? Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298213-error-while-burning-iso-wind-7x64-home-premium-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I am trying to hide "Help and Support" on the Start Menu. I use the "Classic" menu and I am running Vista Home Premium. The ?gpedit.msc? feature is not included with Vista Home Premium. It is only available when using Vista Ultimate. I suspect it will require registry tweak but I don?t know how to do it.

A:How can I hide "Help and Support" on the Classic Start Menu on Home Premium?

have you tried removing it using the start menu properties\customize

you can add or remove programs there

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182844-how-can-i-hide-help-support-classic-start-menu-home-premium.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I just bought my 'puter a few days ago and it had this problem.
If anyone is still having this same problem, here's how I fixed mine...
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup
Then just check Recycle Bin and run the program.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224270-fix-deleted-items-not-showing-recycle-bin-vista-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi all I am having trouble installing my copy of Vista Home Premium -Bit I ran an evalutation version of Vista Home Premium and then formatted the HDD using an OEM copy of Home Premium I bought I formatted before the trial period had expired and then proceeded to install the OEM copy and the installation ran fine untill it rebooted for about the second time after which the screen displayed Completing installation at which point the progress bar at the bottom froze The DVD stopped spining although I think I could still hear the HDD whirring After half an hour or so I got a blue screen display Installation Error Crash, VISTA "c000021a" Premium Home 32-Bit which said quot STOP ERROR c a NT initial command process system process terminated unexpectedly with status of x x x quot It then began a crash dump and rebooted after several minutes I have since Installed Windows XP Pro which installs fine - no errors and repeated the OEM Vista Installation through the XP OS - but to no avail the same error occurs Now that I am running the Vista Installation through XP each time the error occurs and my PC reboots my BIOS asks me to select VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a" which option to boot - Windows XP or - Windows SETUP The XP option works fine and brings me back into fully functioning XP OS note that I didn t format HDD I installed Vista on the same partitian - all XP files were to be moved to quot windows old quot file after Installation completes according to Vista Installation The Windows SETUP option takes me back into Vista Installation where I recieve the message quot Installation cannot complete as your computer unexpectedly restarted quot or similar verbage I know vista will work on my machine as the Windows Vista Upgrade adviser says my machine is more than capable and the fact that I ran an evaluation copy of Vista Home Premiuim before hand is proof that my machine can take it for those of you wondering why I didn t just purchase a key from windows when the trial period expired instead of buying an OEM copy and then installing that well its because I thought I could get it cheaper via OEM than paying Microsoft s prices online from their site Now I have tried booting from DVD after backing up my files safely on my nd HDD and formatting my st HDD the one with XP OS on it and tried the Vista Installation but the same error occurs I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP withought any drivers installed and I still get the same BSD blue screen display I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP WITH drivers core drivers installed but arguably not the latest drivers as I only used the drivers supplied with my hard ware and I still get the same BSD I have uprgraded my BIOS - but still the same BSD From browsing other forums I have heard that this could either be A a hardware issue B a Graphics Card issue C Memory Issue - something to do with Kernals D a Driver issue more than one of the possible causes may apply - so I ve heard I read that MEMTEST can determine whether memory is to fault however Rookie System Builder I may be - but Advances BIOS manipulator I am not In order to run memtest you must download it from their site www memtest com as either bootable ISO or Binary neither of which I know how to execute in BIOS I also picked up that removing one of my RAM modules can remove the error - quite how reduceing dual channel to one channel can fix the error I don t know - but I will give it a go if alternative methods fail Apparently a SETUP repair could hold the answer Apparently removing the DVD just before the crash could be the answer Microsoft Web site don t seem to offer many answers other than check your drivers ect I know there are about a million and one similar cases to mine but I stress the word similar as they usually refer to Winlogon troubles I have no idea if this is a Csrss exe error or what i dont even know w... Read more

A:VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a"

P.S - If you cant find my PC specs under my user, here they are;

MOBO: ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU: Intel Core 2 DUo E6600
RAM: 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 (2 x 1GB Sticks)
GPU: ASUS EN8800GTX (768mb DDR3)
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 320Gb Sata 7200rpm 16mb cache
PSU: 650W Thermaltake ToughPower
SCRN: Samsung 20" 206BW (wide screen 16:9/16:10)

P.S I also read that another method of fixing the problem could be to turn off caching in BIOS - will this work?

Gormless_Git

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-32-bit-home-premium-installation-crash-error-c000021a.644825/
Relevancy 92.45%

I recently downloaded the PC game Sacred 2 via direct2drive - and when executing the Sacred 2 Installer .exe it gives me the error, "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." (I've attached an image of the error to this post) I've downloaded this thing multiple times to make sure the download wasn't corrupted. I have full administrative rights on this OS with the UAC disabled. I've tried running it in compatibility mode, I've tried searching for a download for Windows Installer to reinstall, and I've tried creating an alternate Administrative Profile on this computer and installing it in that account - no dice. I've also scanned for any possible viruses. I'm at wits end. Paid $40 for the game and can't even play it. Any advice, suggestions, or a solution would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

A:Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 error:"This installation package could not be opened.."

Hi -

Are you sure the (.exe) isn't a 32-bit file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-64-bit-sp2-error-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-380362.html
Relevancy 92.45%

In the last couple of days my Windows bit Home Premium has gone APE in starting the AUTOPLAY on all my USB drives over and over and over about every - sec and it never STOPS The web says this maybe a virus re-starting a malware program The web and Windoes Fourm says to turn off autoplay autorun for exterinal drives you need to do so in the LOCAL GROUP POLICY OR mmc or quot gpedit quot tool BUT HOME PREMIUM DOES NOT HAVE ONE I cant find not Premium drives Home will USB AUTOPLAY on and "Starting" STOP Win 7 one and Microsoft says it does not have one either In the last secs my USB drives has repeated the AUTOPLAY twice already When one stops it starts another for each drive None of the drives have a AUTORUN Win 7 Home Premium and AUTOPLAY on USB drives will not STOP "Starting" INF file or folder Malwarebyte does not find malware or a virus on my system but I can not find how to turn this damn thing off I have already looke on the disc for an AUTO ANY ONE know how to turn this AUTOPLAY off

A:Win 7 Home Premium and AUTOPLAY on USB drives will not STOP "Starting"

Jagman mate try this Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 you need to make a bootable disk then set the BIOS to optical drive 1st boot device boot or USB (probably not a good idea here) and let the program run.

It scans for malware everywhere and without Windows having to boot up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/380755-win-7-home-premium-autoplay-usb-drives-will-not-stop-starting.html
Relevancy 92.45%

HI, I have just bought a HP notebook which has Vista Home premium 32bit O/S with Service pack 1.

I tried upgrading this to Vista Ultimate with the Upgrade DVD. After entering the product key, I opted for the upgrade, after a while a message came up saying that the upgrading is disabled.

I read somewhere that this trouble might have been caused by SP 1. So, one has to delete the SP1 and then upgrade.

I looked into the add/remove programmes in the control panel, but there is no SP1 in the list.

Pls help me find the solution to this problem and help me upgrade my notebook to Windows Vista Ultimate.

anisavvu

A:Trouble Upgrading Vista Home premium to Ultimate, "Pls Help".

Hello anisavvu, welcome to Vista Forums!

You said the current version is 32-bit but you didn't say if the version you want to upgrade to is 32-bit, as you know there is no upgrade path from 32-bit to 64-bit; it would have to be a clean install.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/209080-trouble-upgrading-vista-home-premium-ultimate-pls-help.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Thought I posted this on Forums already I usually come here first I'm beginning to think that either my computer hates me or the System Restore Partition provided by Toshiba is corrupt This will be the third or fourth time I think that I am reinstalling Windows Each install administrator" system settings your Premium Home "Some managed by are has a different issue It's been so long I don't even remember the first problem anymore The solutions posted by a user on MS Answers were sporadic in function It took several reboots to get them "Some settings are managed by your system administrator" Home Premium to begin to work They did not solve the problem though If you're interested http answers microsoft com en-us w So this particular problem is that something has modified some policy and locked me out of changing my Power Plan The current plan is high performance but it's been modified to be really hi-po and very inefficient I can't change any options to make do with this plan either Been to a bunch of Windows forums looking for answers nobody can solve it Allow me to demonstrate Thumbs uploaded here are out of order look for file names or load from Tinypic Power The Battery Flyout http www tinypic com r s yfqs Power Power Options http www tinypic com r o nt Power Edit Plan http www tinypic com r j c f Power Advanced settings Balanced by default able to adjust any option except password on wake http www tinypic com r gwyfpy Power Advanced settings Balanced change settings that are currently unavailable PW on wake becomes available http www tinypic com r cqjm Power Advanced settings Hi-Po cannot change any settings http www tinypic com r nxi Power Advanced settings Hi-Po change settings that are currently unavailable no settings become available http www tinypic com r d tw Thanks

A:"Some settings are managed by your system administrator" Home Premium

Hello Steve,

You might use the tutorial below to see if there may have been a specified power plan set for all users. Using step 1 in OPTION ONE will allow you to make changes again if this is the case.

Power Plan - Specify a Default for All Users

Hope this may help,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237902-some-settings-managed-your-system-administrator-home-premium.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I had to recover my PC after a virus, got everything back up and running w/ some help from this forum.

What I noticed now is that some of My Computer drive labels are now static, before they would only appear what I plugged in a usb device or flash card into my built in reader.

So far I have went into folder and search options and uncheked the show hidden files and folders and checked off to hide them w/ no luck.

See pix, circled drives never showed up before unluess I had somthing plugged in:

A:Win7 64bit Home Premium - My Computer Drive Labels "static"

Do these "drives" appear in the disk management page - start, right click my computer, manage, disk management. ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226761-win7-64bit-home-premium-my-computer-drive-labels-static.html
Relevancy 92.02%

How do you change the "Send To" menu on Vista. I want to add some places and delete some places.

Thank you.

C.B.

A:"Send To" Menu on Vista Home Premium

Customize the Windows Vista Send To Menu
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-send-to-menu/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/send-to-menu-on-vista-home-premium-362666.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi guys Maybe if we can get our oars in now Microsoft might just listen It would appear that at Retail time most bought computers will ship with the Home Premium version This does NOT have the RDP SERVER in it --which means if you install this on a Home computer you won't be able to remotely connect to it from Work the Internet etc etc So all those lovely new features of the new RDP will be useless on -- to RDP Plea a Users Premium" Microsoft for "Home your nice Laptop when trying to connect to a home computer Since Networking is also very much mainstream in HOME computers as well as work computers this to me seems a HORRIBLE omission in an OS that Microsoft wants to make a rip-roaring sucess Some other nice features will be hobbled in the Home Premium version -- such as changing Logon screens and theme customisation -- Now in my experience these are the sort of things HOME users like to do on their machines much more than WORK computers -- and a lot of offices block the RDP port anyway Most Office machines are usually locked down exactly to prevent RDP -- a Plea to Microsoft for "Home Premium" Users people doing this sort of tinkering anyway so why not remove these from the BUSINESS editions and leave them in the HOME versions Same with Multi-media -- most offices basically use Windows Office Email and some corporate ERP Database type apps It's usually HOME USERS and GAMERS who really tinker around and these seem to be exactly the features which will be hobbled in the HOME PREMIUM version Of course one could buy the Ultimate version but pricing - especially if you have a few machines could become quite expensive So PLEASE Microsoft -- in HOME PREMIUM DO ALLOW RDP SERVER and theme customisation No RDP Server on a Home desktop would be a RDP -- a Plea to Microsoft for "Home Premium" Users total SHOWSTOPPER for me And also but perhaps another topic allow say a HOME computer license pack -- hardly any Home I know now has only computer in it any more At least the Mac fanboys have a winner here -- Apple does allow I think multiple home licensing RDP -- a Plea to Microsoft for "Home Premium" Users Cheers jimbo

A:RDP -- a Plea to Microsoft for "Home Premium" Users

I'm agree with you

But thanks to Microsoft you can have RDP without RDP via Live Mesh.

Live Mesh Remote desktop work on Home Premium edition and it work fine

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5518-rdp-plea-microsoft-home-premium-users.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi there This is my first post on these forums and hopefully I'll be able to get a solution here to a problem that's been bugging Premium Home keeps "colourfully" Vista crashing x64 me for over a year now Basically whenever I try to install a new program I fear for my PC The issue is that some programs crash my Vista Home Premium x64 keeps crashing "colourfully" Vista upon either - Running the installer - Unpacking installation files - Finishing installing The symptoms are these - Vista locks up without a quot beep quot from my motherboard - My screen turns into a collection of ugly coloured squares and rectangles of about cmx cm - My PC can be turned off instantly with the power button instead of having to press-and-hold for seconds One of the installation issues I've quot fixed quot so far is the installation of msi files Somehow I can only install those through CMD - gt msiexec exe i Some of the programs that have caused this crash are but not limited to - Notepad exe installer - Citrix XenApp msi installer - gt fixed - Java plugin Could only install after vista re-install - Basically bar the XenApp msi non-mass-market software has a high risk of causing this peculiar crash Everytime I've had this crash I checked whether my drivers were up to date which they were and either fixed the problem if msi or accepted that I could simply not install the program in question But this time however I really want to install Notepad because I'm just sick of quot having to deal with it quot Please help me out guys I'm really starting to become desperate here OS Vista Home Premium x SP GFX ATI Radeon P S If needed I will provide full details on hardware drivers P P S All my software even music has been purchased legally

A:Vista Home Premium x64 keeps crashing "colourfully"

Update: Just had a similar "colourful" crash whilst browsing through me Event Viewer (was searching for crash info)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238449-vista-home-premium-x64-keeps-crashing-colourfully.html
Relevancy 92.02%

i've been relying on going to "internet options","general" and "delete" then ticking all the boxes on that page..i found out that by doing this,my temporary internet file swere NOT being deleted.is this a vista problem? my pc came to a complete sludge of a slow down today and i found that my internet files folder had files going back a year that hadn't been deleted as i've been relying on ticking those boxes..i had tons and tons of and tons of files.i'm wondering if this is the norm and also is it possible that other files are not being deleted when using that method? if so,then i probably have folders that are totally loaded with trash.

A:Solved: Had to delete temp internet files by "view files" ,"select all" ,"delete"

Have you ever unticked Preserve Favorites website data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-had-to-delete-temp-internet-files-by-view-files-select-all-delete.1029591/
Relevancy 91.59%

ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't last if you shut down. Next session, it still opens "blank"

A:ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't

Welcome to Seven Forums bobbot11. Help us understand. When you 1st open IE, it opens to a blank page instead of your home page? Or is opening new tabs that open a blank tab? Or is opening a new window that opens a blank window?

If IE is opening to a blank page instead of a home page you have set, try re-registering IE.

Download the IE Restorator, and choose Re-register 32 bit IE in (whichever version your OS is) W7

SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

See if that helps. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/263674-ie9-new-browser-opens-blank-windows-7-changing-home-doesnt.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Folks I've seen a thread on this subject but I'm confused I just brought home my new Tosh PC with Win HomePremium I've done nothing to it whatsoever but Libraries does not work If I right click on LIBRARIES and click new the box is greyed out with empty in it If I click say a photo folder click include in library select pictures library absolutely nothing happens Double clicking ANY library does absolutely nothing I can slect a photo folder click Include "Libraries" Win in Availability Premium Home 7 of in Libray create new library behold I get a new library with the name od the folder selected BUT you guessed it clicking it does absolutely nothing Now I've read the thread and seen a particular post by BRINK I've done no - remove and restore library as suggested to no avail Now I'm not dying to get my hands on Libraries but what bugs me most is why Availability of "Libraries" in Win 7 Home Premium I do not have it with a new delivery and why it seems so complex to get it to work or not get it to Availability of "Libraries" in Win 7 Home Premium work I really believed Win was MS's really complete OS Am I naive Any help on this issue greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Availability of "Libraries" in Win 7 Home Premium

Since it's new, contact Toshiba and make them fix it. This should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95827-availability-libraries-win-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I purchased an HP slimline back in January of gets Premium 651" "error Win7 Home an for at Best Buy and I never turned it off ever since except for power failures in my area Last month the screen was going off and Win7 Home Premium gets an "error 651" on Strange cuz I never encountered this before I opened it and everything seems to be in place like all cables from the switch to the motherboard was okay and nothing seems to have loose wiring I disassembled it to make sure the wires are tightly connected Whenever I turn it on it would only give me one blue blink So I opted to have it repaired Couldn't really do much in search for a reasonably priced technician and so I called this guy from the Yellow Pages of my iPhone He and diagnosed it as a dead power supply I came to agree with him and told me it will be and he is willing to bring it down to go down to In short he did the haggling by himself He said that it will take a couple of days to get my computer running in hood condition and that the part power supply and told me this part is never sold at stores I wanted my computer fixed so I wrote him a check for In days he calls me and tell me everything is fine He gave me ack the computer on Friday past PM I checked it out the next day and it was glacier-fast but I did not give up on it especially after spending that much It took me a loooong time to get from website to another and after a few days I realized that I am waiting for eternity to get to another site Btw I never had seen a working You Tube at all It just gives E a snowy screen which says an error has occurred I am getting impatient so I had emailed the technician every time I come to a road block I could not get anywhere with this computer so I tried System Restore which did not work so I finally decided to Recover to factory settings and willing to lose all my data of years Now that Recovey finished my computer's password and probably the username are not recognized by the homegroup network and I am getting an Error I emailed the guy and told him everything This guy never responded to my prior emails yet now he replies and told me that I should have told him before I went into the Recovery mode and tells me that he can fix it with a fee Where in this world was I ever so lucky to pluck this money grubbing tech from a multitude of technicians Please let me know what you think and of course I need your help Thanks a lot

A:Win7 Home Premium gets an "error 651"

Error 651 is associated with Modem Response Error ? Are u sure about the erroe message .. if u able to login the system ...post the error from event log bro...we get a clear idea...
Or Y dont u change the Power Cord , if the Monitor goes off and Turn On By Himself Means it coz due to Cheap adaptor card...get a New VGA Cable and let us know how u go...
Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244151-win7-home-premium-gets-error-651-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

hello i have vista home premium installed on hp laptop.
i want to upgrade to "RTM" without doing a clean install.
is this possible? can i upgrade to ultimate or should i erase that file
that let u choose the OS and then upgrade to Home premium?

A:upgrading Vista Home premium to 7 "RTM"

Quote: Originally Posted by Shayx

hello i have vista home premium installed on hp laptop.
i want to upgrade to "RTM" without doing a clean install.
is this possible? can i upgrade to ultimate or should i erase that file
that let u choose the OS and then upgrade to Home premium?

You should upgrade to whatever you purchase a key for and will activate.

The vast majority of consumers have no need for the features of Ultimate. You'd probably be looking at Home Premium or maybe Professional. You don't have to clean install but it's generally advised.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17287-upgrading-vista-home-premium-7-rtm.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi, I use the command "net use x: \\server\share /user:myuser "password" in a commandfile put in the autostart to connect a networkdrive at systemstart. In w7 pro all is OK but this does not seem to work in home premium. Does anyone know a workaround? Kind regards, Jan

A:alternative to "net use" for w7 home premium?

Does it work if you type it manually into a prompt? I'm just thinking the desktop log in sequence may be slightly different on Pro. Seems like it ought to work unless specifying the password is prohibited.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294737-alternative-net-use-w7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I recently installed hdd old Cannot "windows" and "program delete from files" a new ssd and did a fresh install of windows on it I am now using my old hdd as my main data drive in my laptop caddy My Cannot delete "windows" and "program files" from old hdd problem is I did not back up my data on my hdd and format it So I need to delete the quot windows quot quot program files quot and quot program files x quot folders from that hdd to free up some space I understand I have to give ownership to those folders for me to be able to do delete the folders I have tired the methods suggested by this guide Take Ownership of a File Folder Drive or Registry Key in Windows I tried both of those commands To grant currently logged on user ownership of takeown F quot full path of folder or drive quot R D Y To grant administrators group ownership of takeown F quot full path of folder or drive quot A R D Y and it was succesful however I still couldn't delete the folders I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me

A:Cannot delete "windows" and "program files" from old hdd

A lot is protected by trusted installer. I do that kind of thing with a win7 winpe disc/usb. I have a special driver which ignores permissions and gives complete control.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/43064-cannot-delete-windows-program-files-old-hdd.html
Relevancy 88.15%

browsing history will not stop running ???

A:delete browsing history.....windows xp

What browser are you using ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delete-browsing-history-windows-xp.1085843/
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 87.29%

My ie is set up so that quot new tab quot shows my quot frequent quot pages rows of However for some unknown reason about weeks ago it stopped showing thumbnails last "frequent" + "reopen session" browsing anything in the "frequent" thumbnails + "reopen last browsing session" thumbnails I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean The only thing that I can think of around that time that I changed is just I know that I changed the "frequent" thumbnails + "reopen last browsing session" option in explorer's view files to make my thumbnails icons to show the preview image on them instead of just the generic folder icon or whatever But I doubt that would have any relation to this starting Also since its on ie also I have another BIG irritation and this one has been screwed for a LONG time I can NEVER use quot reopen last browsing session quot in tools amp only about in times AT MOST can I use quot reopen closed tabs quot on quot new tab's quot page It does not seem to matter under what situation the tabs were closed by user force closed by ie etc I actually use Chrome a lot more DUE TO THIS not working Any clue why It usually not even clickable however when it is after I click on it nothing happens except the option then just becomes unclickable Thank you for any assistance

A:"frequent" thumbnails + "reopen last browsing session"

The first issue can be caused by clearing the browser's history.

I would recommend up upgrade to Windows 8.1 and get IE 11.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/frequent-thumbnails-reopen-last-browsing-session-1000834.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I want to locate and shred files /folders of "in private" browser history in Windows 10. Permanently delete files and folders from the browser while using "in private"

A:How to delete In-private browsing history in Windows 10

After the files have gone it is not easy to locate where they once resided on the HD. All you can do is overwrite sufficient blank space in the hope that you've cleared the traces, which could take ages.Bear in mind that most folk wouldn't know how to start to find these remnants on your computer, only geeky/techie types. To do what you're asking can be done but it requires expensive software. It has to find the locations (complex) then overwrite them, ideally multiple times, with random 0's and 1's.See this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_...Here are some choices but they are far from 100%:https://www.google.co.uk/#q=full+fi...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-to-delete-inprivate-browsing-history-in-windows-10-/304.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello

how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft
edge manually ?!

after too much search in google ....

I trid to delete some value of the following registry address
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\

also I tried to delete some files in the following folder
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

and finally I could not find the way ...!!!

please help !

A:delete "saved password" and "form data" from microsoft edge manually

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to settings (... dots from top right), click view Advanced settings and "Manage Saved Passwords".
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35630-delete-saved-password-form-data-microsoft-edge-manually.html
Relevancy 86%

Another question/puzzle. Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

I clean installed W8.1 three days ago, and the first thing I did was bring it up to date with all the offered updates. All installed successfully and I thought no more of it. At some point after this I made a system image backup, which today I have restored to. When I now look at the "classic" windows update screen it says I have never checked for updates and none are installed. Forcing a check for updates brings only two up as can be seen in the pictures. If I go to "view installed updates" then there is a lot of stuff in there, whih I assume could be the previously installed original batch.
I'm guessing this is normal behaviour but it seems slightly odd (the on screen messages at least)

A:No update history says "never checked" & "never installed"

Not odd... Considering that is a "clean install"(albeit with integrated updates) - thus no update history (file) exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47960-no-update-history-says-never-checked-never-installed.html
Relevancy 85.57%

This just started about a month or so ago...
I'm sure this little pop up came attached to some program I downloaded, but it's not a large enough
program to even show up when you try to use Install/Remove or Revo uninstaller programs.
I would think that most programs will send out software updates or if I open a program they have
update links built into them.
Disabling the popup doesn't keep the program for looking for updates (or does it?), it just doesn't keep
popping up and being an annoyance, right?
Do I "REALLY NEED IT"? If I need it, then so be it, I just don't want it to be a nuisance and keep
popping up.
Thanks ahead of time....

A:How do I "DISABLE" the popup "Common Software Manager"?

Using a registry editor to search for Common Software Manager might give you the folder and file[s] this utility is in [on the harddrive]. Deleting that folder and said file[s] might be enough. Do not use any universal computer fixit utilities for this; such cause more problems than they fix.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63674-how-do-i-disable-popup-common-software-manager.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Greetings.
So, I would like to remove "Paste shortcut" and "Undo delete" from the right-click desktop menu.
Wasn't able to locate either in the registry.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/37544-remove-paste-shortcut-undo-delete-right-click-desktop-men.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My "view windows update" page is blank w/ the exception of one update run yesterday.

Originally I ran the Update Fix-it Tool and that is what wiped my history. I ran the Tool again and but it didn't recover my history.

My "Installed Updates" page is intact showing everything that successfully installed.

Any help?

A:win7 "view windows update history" blank/missing

They are still on the PC.
Mine did the same thing back in January.

Mike

My bad.
Click the yellow circled link in left picture and the right window will open listing all the updates.
Clicking "View Update history" in left column towards top of left picture gives just the recent ones after reset or Fix it Tool.

My first update in this list is dated Sept. 1, 2010 when I installed Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/161700-win7-view-windows-update-history-blank-missing.html
Relevancy 85.14%

When I upgraded from Windows to the experience seemed to be good I am having my doubts now I am confused concerning the following two issues It seems now that I am not recognized as the administrator of folder on HDD create Why History" a my External windows 10 "File did this PC I Why did windows 10 create a "File History" folder on my External HDD am the only user I am given a message that tells me i am not allowed to save files to a certain folder Don't understand this at all I now have an external HDD that seems to have been named quot File History quot I am not understanding this either Please advise what has happened to my system I built my own system with the following perimeters Processor a gigahertz AMD Phenom Quad-Core Main Circuit Board b Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GM-US H Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATAPI iHES ATA Device Optical drive SONY DVD RW DRU-V A ATA Device Optical drive TDK DVDRW B ATA Device Optical drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Sony USB HS-CF Card USB Device Hard drive -- drive Sony USB HS-MS Card USB Device Hard drive -- drive Sony USB HS-SD Card USB Device Hard drive -- drive Sony USB HS-xD SM USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD JB External USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive WDC WD EARS- Y B Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCAV D rev A SMART Status Healthy WDC WD EARS- Y B Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCAV J rev A SMART Status Healthy Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free g NTFS on drive GB GB free h NTFS on drive GB GB free n NTFS on drive GB GB free p NTFS on drive GB GB free Users mouse over user name for details local user accounts last logon IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images trans gif IMG Administrator PM admin IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images trans gif IMG Bill PM admin local system accounts IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images no gif IMG DefaultAccount never IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images no gif IMG Guest never IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images trans gif IMG HomeGroupUser AM Window Manager domain logons IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images trans gif IMG DWM- PM IMG file C Program Files Belarc BelarcAdvisor System local images trans gif IMG DWM- P Hope that I didn't post more than what you need would like to solve this problem particularly the issue No shown above Thank you for your time and efforts

A:Why did windows 10 create a "File History" folder on my External HDD

Some tutorials that might help you determine answers to your questions:

1. Account Type - Determine in Windows 10 also check the other related tutorials referenced at the end.

2. Your external drive seems to have been set up as the File History location. File History is a method for Backing up files and saving older versions of them. It was first introduced in Windows 8 and is accessed from the Control panel:

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/53196-why-did-windows-10-create-file-history-folder-my-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My Windows Update history is filled with failed Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro entries. They seem to date to each time I start up my computer. Here is an example.

Quote:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Installation date: ‎8/‎22/‎2015 7:44 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80240020

Update type: Important

Install the next version of Windows.

More information:
Help with upgrading to Windows 10 - Windows Help

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=507417

I am stalling on upgrading until Windows 10 for a couple more months, so how do I get Windows to stop doing this?

A:Windows Update history is filled with tons of failed "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" entr

Open Windows Update and let it Check for updates. Right click the Windows 10 Update and Hide it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-update-history-is-filled-with-tons-of-failed-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-entr-1036713.html
Relevancy 84.71%

If you go to the Windows Store and right click, you'll get a Your Apps option. I would like to reset it, or at least delete some apps from the list. I tried a couple once and now they are in the list. I likely won't ever use them again so they are just cluttering up the screen and making it hard to find the ones I do want to reinstall/keep on another PC or reinstall at a later date. Google didn't turn anything up, and I didn't see anything in the tutorials section. Hopefully somebody can help.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12223-how-do-you-clear-your-apps-history-windows-store.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I keep getting this error. It's quite annoying and comes straight back up as soon as I click ok, so it was really hard to even printscreen a copy to show anyone.

I have no idea how I can research into this, since nothing in the window seems to be search-friendly. So I registered here to see what you experts and can figure out, or perhaps even that you can help solve it.

A:"Error" Box when using Windows Explorer (Browsing/renaming files/draging and droping)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-box-when-using-windows-explorer-browsing-renaming-files-draging-and-droping.356841/
Relevancy 84.28%

Quick question:
Is Win 7 Professional's "XP" mode any different than Win 7 Premium's "Compatability" mode?

A:Professional's "XP" mode vs Premium's "compatability"

Yes. Compatibility Mode is incorperated in all aspects of Windows 7

Compatibility Mode

XP Mode has to be downloaded and can ONLY be used on Windows 7 Proffesional & Ultimate.

Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/133016-professionals-xp-mode-vs-premiums-compatability.html
Relevancy 83.85%

What I mean by this is if I use lets say Google chrome to upload a program.. it wont show the icons. Or If I try to use a program and point it at a another program, it also wont show up any icons. Here are 2 examples:

In here I am just showing you what Google shows me (The Left), and what the actual folder looks like for me if I just browse to it (The Right).

In this second one.. you can see Steam shows all Icons as broken... but if I was to go to there folders myself they would all be just fine.

Any way to fix this? I am using Icon Packager by the way. But other people I know who use it do not have this problem.

A:Icons only work during regular "Windows Browsing".

Welcome to the Seven Forums
Using an icon packer can really mess up Windows icons sometimes, with that being said try this tutorial Icon Cache - Rebuild and see if it won't straighten them out.
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215516-icons-only-work-during-regular-windows-browsing.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi

When I right click on an item on the net and save target as ...the last folder I saved in pops up.
Some of the folders I save to are hidden...so is there a way....that it won't open up the last folder that was saved in.?
Help appreciated.
Cheers.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176586-how-delete-location-history-save-target.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a piece of software that periodically fails for some unknown reason. I have pretty much given up on trying to figure out what its problem is. I simply respawn the process if it fails to respond or no longer exists. The process runs several times a
minute. Occasionally, I get an error message saying my software "has stopped working" followed by another messagebox saying my software "is restarting". And then it restarts my process. This is beyond stupid since my process requires command
line arguments that are not being provided when this restart occurs. I simply want to disable these messages or at least
disable this auto restart. Is there any way to do this?

I have already tried the regedit hack:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontShowUI "=dword:00000001

This didnt work. I still get these messages.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d444efc3-95e8-4194-9d77-b83fd36d4506/disable-quothas-stopped-workingquot-quotis-restartingquot-etc?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 83.42%

Something happened today and I can no longer access my regular "user" account.

There are five "users" showing in the MMC program in Windows 7 and only one is working. The problem with this is that it does not contain any of the information and links that I use daily.

The accounts are as follows;

Administrator (disabled)
D (not disabled)
DCM (disabled)
Guest (disabled)
Homegroupuser$ (not disabled)

I cannot remove the "disabled" status or rename any of these users. An error pops up saying "access denied".

Is there some way to do this that I have not found?

I tried "googleing" this but did nothave any luck.

Thanks

Relevancy 83.42%

Alright so I recently bought a brand new computer and now I'm wanting to sell my laptop Before I sell it though I want to do a complete wipe of the hard drive and reinstall a fresh legal copy of Windows XP Home Edition using the disc that originally came with on XP help: needed" "The file Edition Home 'asms' reinstall Windows XP CD is Home my laptop So far I've been able to completely reformat the hard drive and setup loads just fine The problem I run into is when the OS is reinstalling Here's XP Home reinstall help: "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition CD is needed" what I get The thing is I've got that exact disc in the drive already This is the same disc that was originally bundled with my laptop The OS and SP weren't on two separate discs They were both put together on XP Home reinstall help: "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition CD is needed" disc so there couldn't possibly be another disc to use I've spent about an hour on Google and finally found what I believe to be the solution to this situation It comes straight from the horses mouth too http support microsoft com kbid The problem though is that pretty much everything on that Microsoft support page is foreign to me Use a Windows Startup disk Where do I get one of those Copy files using the command prompt Yikes Now I have a fairly good understanding of Windows and computers in general but I never had to go through this much of a hassle the last time i reinstalled XP Home on this very same laptop I'm wondering if there might be a kind soul who might be able to give me a step by step of what I need to do to get XP Home reinstalled on my laptop before i sell it Any insight information would be greatly appreciated Thanks Zach

A:XP Home reinstall help: "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition CD is needed"

the link you have gives you the step by step instructions. Just scroll down to where it says Hard disk formatted with NTFS file system then follow the steps that follows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-reinstall-help-the-file-asms-on-windows-xp-home-edition-cd-is-needed-217674.html
Relevancy 83.42%

All of my computer updates have worked like a charm for me, except for Service Pack 1. It says it's always "downloaded", but it never actually succeeds on the installation process. The error code "800B0100" is something I have stuck in my memory, . So, I've tried ALL of Windows's fixes, with no result yet. Windows Readiness Tool doesn't work. I even had to do a factory reset once, due to a problem? guess what? Still SP1 problems. All other updates download and get installed ASAP, but this Service Pack 1 is really making me think something's wrong with my laptop.

So, any idea why the update doesn't work? I've scanned my laptop several times, full scans, high heuristics, scanning PUP's, and even scans before boot, and a healthy laptop. No problem with anything, except no SP1.

A:Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, "800B01000" Error Code, SP1 Install.

Dear BZK121,
Run the System Readiness Update Tool. The tool creates CheckSur.log report in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. Kindly post it. The log will provide information as to what has gone wrong.

Regards,
sree (sreedhav)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/218225-windows-7-premium-64-bit-800b01000-error-code-sp1-install.html
Relevancy 82.99%

With XP's Outlook Express-
When you'd delete email from their Folders, they weren't "completely deleted..." until you Compacted Databases & Reboot (without CD, OE would Not release from backup..., and Bloat...!).
~~~~

Q1?- I now use WLM 2009 POP3/only (I like 2009's GUI, Much better than 2012), and wondered if I needed to regularly Compact Databases for "complete delete...", like I did with OE?

Q2?-If WLM's CD is the same as OE, how often should I schedule CD?

A:Does WLM "completely" delete email without "Compact Datadases"?

I also like and use WLM 2009. It depends how your mail accounts are set. My Gmail is archived when accessed by POP, My AOL mail is left on the server.
This is how my settings are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/236503-does-wlm-completely-delete-email-without-compact-datadases.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Is there any way to delete these system folders.

I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created.

Thanks

A:Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

Why do you feel the need to delete them? Just ignore them as deleting system folders can be problematic although it seems win 10 has a way of defeating the deleters!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/8886-delete-camera-roll-saved-pictures-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I'm running Vista Premium edition with a ghz dual core "not Premium Windows ALL THE Vista responding" TIME! processor and gb of RAM using Firefox as my browser and have a few pretty standard applications installed iTunes VLC Torrent a few games Windows Vista Premium "not responding" ALL THE TIME! and some other pretty standard stuff Every time I use my PC I continuously get the quot not responding quot message and have to close everything down and start again Not just occasionally but at least or times an hour It happens even when the only thing I'm running is Firefox If I want to use the internet and listen to some music on iTunes then the problem increases It happens when running ANYTHING even if I'm just opening a folder i e quot videos quot or quot documents quot from my desktop Even to the point where if I open task manager to close some things down it says that task manager is not responding As you can probably understand this is extremely annoying Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this I don't have the software CDs to reinstall vista and I really would rather not have to do that anyway Admittedly a few months ago I did make the mistake of using a directory cleaner when this problem first arrived before I knew the dangers but it didn't seem to make any difference Now its got to the point where my PC is almost unusable So please if anyone knows of a solution it would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Vista Premium "not responding" ALL THE TIME!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm using AVG free edition and Ad-Aware too. Not sure if that makes any difference?
Please if anyone can help me with this it'd be great.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-premium-not-responding-all-the-time-402596.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have some irritating hijackers adwares on my computer There are the Home Search Assistent Search Extender Shopping Wizard programs that I cannot delete There is my hijackers taken have Search over Assistent" and "about:blank" "Home computer! also the about blank hijacker that keeps taking over my home page Then I also see this fake warning about quot your computer might be at risk quot and that wants me to download a searchclick cc file or something "Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer! I would appreciate any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System acs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system javaot exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINNT ieac exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility AirPlus exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Class - EE B EF-CEA - AD - FDD-ECAA CC C - C WINNT system wingu dll O - BHO no name - F AF- C - - D C- C DD C - no file O - BHO no name - F F-B FA- FEB- E F- AEB D A - no file O - BHO no name - B BCC -E -A AC- B - B AF E F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run dmjziw c winnt system kxfcxdy exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run javamr exe C WINNT javamr exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp... Read more

A:"Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer!

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/home-search-assistent-and-about-blank-hijackers-have-taken-over-my-computer-92333.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am having the hijacked home page problem that others are having. However, my hijacking started with the "coolwwwsearch" and then went to a "youfindall.net" page that, as described before, cannot and will not be changed to my regular homepage, "youfindall.net" is the page I'm currently stuck on. I have read some of the instructions about downloading the 'Hijack This' program for the 'coolwwwsearch' problem, is this where I start for 'youfindall.net' too? I am a novice to these forums and am quite computer stupid, but, I can follow easily understood instructions. If I do complete the 'Hijack this' instructions and save the log somewhere, (where?), how do I 'show you its contents'? Please be as basic and clear in your instructions as possible. Thanks for the help. ALF64

A:Hijacked home page-"http://youfindall.net/" & "coolwwwsearch"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijacked-home-page-http-youfindall-net-coolwwwsearch.145261/
Relevancy 82.56%

MS thinks that one of my PCs is running W that's not genuine It is genuine - at least I bought it displaying home" do I genuine" and How messages? "not "calling W7 stop from Amazon How do I stop W7 "calling home" and displaying "not genuine" messages? and paid for it so that - to me - means it's genuine It may not be but neither Amazon nor MS will take any responsibility for it not being genuine so I've given up with them both I think How do I stop W7 "calling home" and displaying "not genuine" messages? that the issue arises because of hardware changes I've made Oh - yes I've lost the box with the key on it too Long story short I use this PC very little and when I first first got the black screen and messages after I installed a larger hard drive and reinstated the drive image from an Acronis backup I stupidly forgot to reinstate the drive signature Then it happened again when I changed the ITX motherboard Now here's the real question Every now and then it gives me the quot black screen quot treatment I fix it by restoring a drive image and turning off W updates If the damned thing is told not to call home then it shouldn't should it What's going on It seems to give me a month or two and then goes psycho on me like HAL

A:How do I stop W7 "calling home" and displaying "not genuine" messages?

If this is an OEM version then I can understand why it's doing this after you changed motherboards, since it is forever tied to the first one it is installed on.

If you can follow these instructions for activation issues,

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

The results of that can help resolve your issue.

Filling in your system specs will help as well,

System Info - See Your System Specs

If your installation is valid then there's no reason to turn off updates or try to keep it from calling home.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/245599-how-do-i-stop-w7-calling-home-displaying-not-genuine-messages.html
Relevancy 82.56%

According to the tutorial of Microsoft Turn Windows Defender on or off - Windows Help if I hope to turn off windows defender in Win I need to in is inactive? to when disable "Tools" How Windows Win7 the button Defender click Tools - gt Options - gt Adminstrator - gt Uncheck quot Use this program quot But I find that on one How to disable Windows Defender in Win7 when the "Tools" button is inactive? of my virtual How to disable Windows Defender in Win7 when the "Tools" button is inactive? machines the button quot Tools quot as well as quot Scan quot and quot History quot are inactive I mean I cannot click them Following is the screenshot Spoiler Screenshot I do not know why But I guess this is because there is no antivirus installed So I hope to know how to turn off defender in such case Well you may think that keep windows defender active will not do much harm when no AV is installed Maybe it is correct But the problem is when windows defender is not turned off it will try to update in the run time In such case some processes in the AppData Temp folder will try to execute MPSigStub exe which will be located at a RANDOM folder in the root of some partition Then MPSigStub exe will try to execute some DLLs in Windows System These executions are a little boring when I only want to test some anti-exe programs That is why I hope to disable windows defender Thank you nbsp

A:How to disable Windows Defender in Win7 when the "Tools" button is inactive?

Stop and disable WD service.

Start/Stop Windows Defender service in Windows 7 from Services, Regedit or CMD

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-disable-windows-defender-in-win7-when-the-tools-button-is-inactive.53813/
Relevancy 82.56%

OS "DING" I Windows How cutting? when copy/paste sound do or the disable Win -bit Problem whenever I right-click to copy something e g in Word or Excel the computer makes a loud ringing quot DING quot sound like the sound that accompanies the quot idea lightbulb quot going off over someone's head in a cartoon The sound is coming over the outboard stereo speakers NOT the motherboard quot beep quot sound from inside the computer case This quot windows ding quot noise is clearly audible over whatever else might be playing through the speakers like music I'm copying and pasting hundreds of items to verify data and the DINGING sound is more than How do I disable the Windows "DING" sound when copy/paste or cutting? a little aggravating How How do I disable the Windows "DING" sound when copy/paste or cutting? can I turn this feature OFF Already tried Control panel gt Sound gt Sounds Tab gt highlight quot default beep quot gt select quot none quot for sound from drop-down list gt click quot Apply quot This may have done something or not but it did NOT stop the windows quot DING quot from sounding through the speakers every time I cut or copy something Thank you for any assistance Scott

A:How do I disable the Windows "DING" sound when copy/paste or cutting?

You could try going to Control Panel - Personalization - Sounds and set the sound Scheme as None or manually go through each sound and selecting None, then Enable and so on to find out which one it is (in theory it is Move Menu Item or Start Navigation but I can not approve).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218868-how-do-i-disable-windows-ding-sound-when-copy-paste-cutting.html
Relevancy 82.56%

This startred a few days ago on it's own, and i hate it - i want a flat windows explorer....normal....i don't want this library style rubbish.

please help.

A:How to disable Windows Explorer's "today, yesterday, last week" groups

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Is this what you're wanting to do ?
Libraries Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

If not post a screen shot of what you want to remove

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387295-how-disable-windows-explorers-today-yesterday-last-week-groups.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a laptop with a USB 1.1 sockets only running Windows XP SP2.

Whenever I plug-in my USB flash drive or wireless card (both of which are USB 2.0 devices), I get the annoying ballon/message pop up stating "This Device Can Perform Faster" (if plugged into a USB 2.0 port etc).

Both devices work fine at 1.1 speeds, and I don't want to be reminded of the fact that I only have a 1.1 socket every time I plug the bl**dy thing in!

Is there any way of making a registry entry/edit or some other way to stop this popping up? I've found plenty of info on how to turn pop-up ballons/messages off altogether, but I only really want to stop this one.

If anyone knows, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PS: I've searched on TechNet but that only returns the usual un-related crap.

A:Disable the "This Device Can Perform Faster" balloon/message in Windows XP SP2

In Device Manager, click on the USB host controller, click the Advanced tab and then check the box on the bottom of the window that says "Don't tell me about USB errors." I think you need to do this for each USB controller listed under USB in Device Manager so that the error message will not appear no matter which controller the device gets plugged into.

Kevin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disable-the-this-device-can-perform-faster-balloon-message-in-windows-xp-sp2-27452.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I've gotten this message at various points when installing certain software. No more than anyone else, I expect. The thing is I don't care that the software hasn't passed Windows' super secret test. This has never stopped me from installing software. I know Microsoft wants to protect me from myself, but I really don't think they know best. So is there a way to blanket disable this message for everything?

A:Can I disable the "software has not passed Windows Logo testing" message?

CaptainSiberia said:

I've gotten this message at various points when installing certain software. No more than anyone else, I expect. The thing is I don't care that the software hasn't passed Windows' super secret test. This has never stopped me from installing software. I know Microsoft wants to protect me from myself, but I really don't think they know best. So is there a way to blanket disable this message for everything?Click to expand...
If you're talking about the software that comes with hardware, you can turn that off in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Driver Signing by ticking "Ignore". I've never seen any other software warnings but then my software requirements are pretty conservative.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-disable-the-software-has-not-passed-windows-logo-testing-message.887985/
Relevancy 82.56%

i recall reading somewhere (this forum, most likely) that i can disable the annoying "you have 1 unread mail message waiting" (or however it goes...). i find this function rather perplexing, seeing as i can go online, look at no e-mail of any kind (i HATE e-mail), and that message will come up. can anyone help me here?

thanks

oh yeah... i'm using xp home.

Relevancy 82.56%

I'm running a program that checks for broken links on domain pages, its called xenu.

I can't ever get it to run to 100% because every 5 minutes Im prompted to fill in the user/pass in boxes like this---> Screenshot by Lightshot

I disabled the credentials manager here--> Screenshot by Lightshot
Do you think I need to restart the comp to take action? Id rather not atm :l

I disabled the windows security for the time being here--> Screenshot by Lightshot

Yet it continues to popup, pausing my scanning in the mean time, arggg

How do I turn off that user/pass prompt?--> Screenshot by Lightshot

A:How can I disable this dumb "windows security" credentials prompts?

What happens if you enter your user name and password when it pops up then tick Remember My Credentials. What antivirus are you using and have you tried disabling the security center service if you're using a 3rd party AV and firewall

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351985-how-can-i-disable-dumb-windows-security-credentials-prompts.html
Relevancy 82.56%

hello,
i what to know about a way to disable and enable the "use visual styles on windows and buttons" option by a command..

i want to do that every time i run a game..
it is improvs the performance significantly in games and especially in Emulators..

thanks for helpers!

A:disable "use visual styles on windows and buttons" through a command?

Well, you could always use this tutorial (Option two), but it requires log off (or I suspect, the restart of explorer.exe)
Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons - Turn On or Off

Also, you could apply Classic theme directly before doing your thing.
And then apply Aero theme after.

Two script files are included.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292196-disable-use-visual-styles-windows-buttons-through-command.html
Relevancy 82.56%

hey guys.

i like to know how to force the computer to shutdown when i click " shutdown".

after i got windows 7 every time i try to shutdown the computer it will tell me
" there are programs still running in the background" and you can either choose
" Force shutdown" or " cancel "

i want it to choose " force shutdown" automatic and to be able shut it down without the message popping up and just shutdown.

i have a program that shutdown always @ 4 am it will always stuck on the windows shutdown confirm , and i watch hulu videos in firefox, and at 4 am which i am sleeping , the message will be " firefox is still running " do you want to " force shutdown" or " Cancel" . i'l see that in the morning

A:disable " Force Shutdown" confirm in windows ultimate

Open a CMD Prompt and type: shutdown /f /s /t 0 that should do it, or use the shut down shortcut below.

Shut Down Computer Shortcut - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53917-disable-force-shutdown-confirm-windows-ultimate.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have my Toshiba laptop set to turn off the screen while it downloads overnight. Every morning, I find the same problem: the computer has completely locked up with no pointer. I can't do anything, so I have to press and hold the power button to restart the machine. On restarting, the computer gives me the standard "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" error. Yes, I know. Windows doesn't need to tell me this. I know there was an unexpected shutdown because I shut it down, unexpectedly.

I'm not interested in fixing the problem. I've tried, and nothing I do helps. What I want is to simply eliminate the error message. Is there a way to get Windows 7 to stop telling me what I already know? It's very annoying.

A:Disable "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" message

I figured it out. Tell Windows to quit whining. Go into the Group Policy Editor. Under "Computer Configuration," select "All Settings". Scroll down until you will find an entry labeled "Turn off Windows Error Reporting". Right click on it and select "Edit". Tick "Enabled'. This turns off Windows error reporting.

It doesn't fix the improper shutdown issue, but it's good enough for me and the girls I go out with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194066-disable-windows-has-recovered-unexpected-shutdown-message.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Is there some way to stop Windows telling me that the performance is slow?

I get this message: "Windows has detected that your computer's performance is slow", with the option to change to basic theme, or keep the existing. But even when i select to keep it, it still keeps nagging me.

What's even more frustrating, is that the computer runs perfectly fine.

This happens in two cases:

1. I view video in VLC on my secondary monitor (uses 3% CPU, 3GB RAM free...)
2. I run a virtual PC via VMWare (uses 2GB RAM and some CPU, but PC still runs perfectly).

There must be some way to disable this nagging? It's obviously not working like intended (since performance is not slow at all).

A:Disable "Windows has detected slow performance" nagging

You might want to go to Start-Run-Msconfig (type in if needed), then Startup. Go down the list of programs that start up upon boot. Many of those programs on the list can be unchecked. Obvious ones include programs related to Real Player, QuickTime, DVD burner programs,Nvidia,ATI, etc. Uncheck those and reboot.

Also, as a test, disconnect all periphials except your mouse and keyboard and see if the notification occurs.
And as always, run a malware program. Update video drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/77617-disable-windows-has-detected-slow-performance-nagging.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Recently my company started working with a company where they wanted to redirect from an internal Intranet on Pro Windows Internet Kiosk in Mode Upload" Disable 11 to 7 "Choose while Explorer File on Kiosk site to a publicly available application site The site apparently due to lack of something does NOT have the ability to remove any File Upload links when coming from the Kiosk URL nbsp The Kiosk computers are running Windows Pro with various GPOs and registry keys locking them down to using Internet Explorer in Kiosk mode replacing the explorer exe on the user account The problem is we Disable "Choose File to Upload" on Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Pro while in Kiosk Mode have not been able to find a way to Disable quot Choose File to Upload quot dialogs in Internet Explorer This seems like it should be a pretty straight forward option as you can disable File Downloads using GPOs but apparently disabling File Uploads isn't something commonly done nbsp A number of blocks are in place but there is always the fun the user could have of uploading files by using their Environmental Variables Example WINDIR win ini that we would like to avoid nbsp In fact I'd like to avoid any dialog to avoid any issues with seeing Libraries or Desktop folder paths Given Kiosk Mode for Internet Explorer has been an age old feature I'm amazed disabling quot File Upload quot isn't some default option when you set in Kiosk Mode Please assist nbsp Thanks quot Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do quot Magic The Gathering

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b813da68-b36e-438d-9d26-c057c14b484a/disable-quotchoose-file-to-uploadquot-on-internet-explorer-11-on-windows-7-pro-while-in-kiosk?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 82.13%

I have WIN 7, and it wakes hard from sleep. at least if i could change the splash screen "resuming windows" because the bright white in the middle blinds me.
I have WIN 8 on another computer and it wakes at once, on the push of the power button, no splash screen.
Do i have to suffer it from WIN 7? is there a way to prevent the "resuming windows" part?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/383039-how-disable-resuming-windows-screen-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I looked all over the net but couldn't find a single solution.
My windows 8.1 license will expire in next month and that's fine by me. the thing I don't want is that annoying pop-up alert everytime i start my PC.

A:disable "your windows license will expires soon" alert

This will disappear as soon as you activate it.
Do you have a valid key?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66925-disable-your-windows-license-will-expires-soon-alert.html