Windows Support Forum

plug ins?

Q: plug ins?

what is plug ins in opera browser under settings - quick preferences?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: plug ins?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: plug ins?

This will clear it up: Plug-ins and Opera

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179109-plug-ins.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hopefully someone can answer this as im baffle, my computer will turn on and of with no problem as ling my printer is plug in but if printer cable unplug it won't turn on but if printer cable in plug in it will turn on but while the comptuer turn on and I unplug the printer cable it will shut down nothin making since but as long the printer is unplug it will not start or boot blank screen but printer plug in I can get to the boot or cmos screen please help Thanks

PS it a Dell PP17L Latitude

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-if-printer-not-plug-in.208502/
Relevancy 28.81%

My brother in law has a got himself a free computer to which I am going to donate my old Sapphire X1950GT graphics card. The problem is, is that I can't easily wire it in to the computer as it has a crappy generic PSU with only one Molex and several Sata power plugs.
What I do have, without slicing and dicing and getting out the soldering iron, is the adaptor cable below. What I don't know is whether this has a sufficient amount of wires I.e. 0V and 12V to provide power to my G/Card.
Any ideas?

Tom.

A:Wiring a graphics card to a generic PSU - sufficient power wires on plug?

System power consumption with a Sapphire X1950 GT is less than 250W. I think you will be fine with the splitter mentioned above. You probably don't need much extra power to run the card. I assume there is at least a 300W PSU or greater in the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wiring-a-graphics-card-to-a-generic-psu-sufficient-power-wires-on-plug.200411/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, on my modular powercool psu there are two sockets labelled L4P and L4P+S4P. I don't know where to plug the molex wires, what's the difference between these two sockets?

I have this PSU. I know it's crap, but it's temporary.

Thanks

A:Where do I plug my molex connections?

There should be 4x 4-pin molex connectors on the PSU. Perhaps show us a photo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-do-i-plug-my-molex-connections.195538/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi -
Sorry but I don't know the correct term for this jack.

We have a notebook computer - HP, 4 years old, Win 7 - that requires the speakers to work and be loud enough to hear at the other end of the house. For whatever reason the jack that comes out the front of the computer and runs to the speakers (the built-in speaker is barely audible) has stopped working. Sometimes it works a little, especially if I sit there and jiggle it and don't let it go or walk away. It's a long jack.

Is there a way I can plug this into something else so that we can hear the speakers?

Any help will be appreciated.

Doug

A:Problem with plug-in jack for speakers

This may be a better option for you:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128007

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-plug-in-jack-for-speakers.195479/
Relevancy 30.96%

One day I plugged my USB and I didn't find any of my files.
I went to "Tools >> Folder options >> View >> Show Hidden files and folders, unchecked the Hide extensions, Unchecked the Hide protected operating system files"
and here I see an Icon as my Drive (in other USBs as a folder) without any name or label
(check the picture I added please).

I right click on the icon, I can't find any delete and if I click on "Properties" nothing shows up.

If I double click on it, it opens another window showing my USB files that were supposed to be directly in my USB.

Is there anything I can do to delete this virus from all my USB and external HDD I plugged into my pc and had the same problem.

Thank you a lot

A:Something weird when I plug any USB

Drag the required files into a folder on your desktop, format the USB, drag them back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-weird-when-i-plug-any-usb.191570/
Relevancy 29.67%

Good day everyone.
I just opened case of cpu and re-pluged front usb port plug into motherboard. And then switched on pc, as I on my pc I seen that front usb port plug's red colour wire was fired. I imediately switched off the pc. I cant understand how this happened? Please tel me the reason if anybody knows.

A:Front USB port plug wire burned

Hey Krrish007. Can I ask why you opened the case. Was the USB front port working before?. I also assume the red wire wasn't discolored at that point, put you saw it after you powered up.
Are you 100% sure you plugged it into the correct pins on the mobo?.
If you disconnected the plug and power up, does the system work otherwise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-port-plug-wire-burned.189831/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello!
I have a tiny USB fiber optic Xmas tree that was given to me as a gift and it can only be used when plugged into a USB port when the computer is on. Then the tree lights up, the colors change, and all that.
I would like to use this device when the computer is not on, thereby plugging it into a wall outlet. It is a very small simple little fiber optic tree 5V, and I'd rather not burn the little thing to pieces by purchasing the wrong adapter.
Some adapters are for charging only, aren't they? I'm not really charging this device just letting it run. Any advice?
Thank you in advance.

A:Adapting a USB device to plug into AC - converter to buy?

The charging adapters will be just fine, all they are doing is supplying the correct voltage. The more expensive ones can provide more milliamps for bigger USB devices (like a 10" tablet as opposed to something like an iPod Shuffle). I'd say you could buy the cheapest one possible, but you may want to check the tree for its amperage draw and be sure you don't get a wall adapter that provides less than the tree wants.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adapting-a-usb-device-to-plug-into-ac-converter-to-buy.188260/
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently bought a 1TB external drive in the first month was the paradise of about three months here been hell ...

The problem is that the windows when i connect the disk, sometimes it correctly detects and installs the correct drivers, other times it detects wrong and installs other wrong drivers.
When you install the wrong windows drivers in Disk Manager says that is not present or does not detect the capacity, despite the indication that I have the the connected USB device. Another indicator light is always on the disc, rather than intermittently (indicating that it is accessing data) ...

To be even more difficult the drivers are registry keys ...

Have tested it on several PC with W7 and XP sp3 and the problem still occurs ...

Have I contacted the support of the disc but the impression I got is that understand of hardware even less than me ...

Can you help me please!!

A:Wrong plug-and-play drivers

OMG! what is the brand/make/model of the external drive in question?!? I have never heard of a known brand to do something like that unless the enclosure itself is hosed and/or beginning to fail. Post back & let me know, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-plug-and-play-drivers.179651/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a set of Altec Lansing FX 4021 computer speakers and I'm looking to buy a replacement control pod and attached cable. The control pod is about 3-4" square and has a rotating adjuster for the audio levels. The "cable" is attached to the circuit board of the pod and the other end requires a male 7pin Din plug to attach to the subwoofer. I'd like to buy the pod/cable intact, if anyone has one. If not, I need the wiring diagram for the 7 pins, allowing me to solder replacement plug correctly. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-replacing-diin-plug-on-altec-lansing-fx4021-speakers.162553/
Relevancy 30.96%

On some random day there was no red on my screen any longer I don t know why but it seems that when I plug screens plug any I on in No red in my monitor anything that is supposed to be red is black and greens seem to be yellowy grey When I unplug the monitor there is a self-test - red is on it On this monitor options red appears I have tried No red on any screens I plug in to reset the monitor to factory settings to no avail I tried another monitor - there was no red either It s clearly the computer s fault But why and what should I do Thanks in advance COMPUTER SPECS System Information report written at System Name AMDXP-C C AE System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft No red on any screens I plug in Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMDXP-C C AE System Manufacturer WinFast System Model M MA System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name AMDXP-C C AE Andrew Time Zone Pacific Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

A:No red on any screens I plug in

Try a different cable or video card and see if anything changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-red-on-any-screens-i-plug-in.159830/
Relevancy 26.23%

My problem is almost identical to this thread http www techspot com vb topic html I am putting a new video card HD into the system in my sig Uninstalled drivers put new card in plugged in power supply and the CPU and GPU fans started for to second than PSU for cycle boot fan cycle in, then turn 2-3s, computer Plug again, won't off, stoped started again and Plug PSU in, fan cycle for 2-3s, then turn off, cycle again, computer won't boot stopped they continued to cycle on and off Plug PSU in, fan cycle for 2-3s, then turn off, cycle again, computer won't boot without me ever pressing my cases power button I had to put the power cord the get the fans to stop cycling Then I removed the video card and the booted the computer using the integrated graphics and everything worked fine Is the start up power draw from the video card is to much for my Dell w PSU Maybe the PSU can t supply enough power which would explain why removing the card fixes the problem I tried removing two of my computer s four RAM stick and reinserting the video card but the fans would still endlessly cycle until I pulled the power cord What should I do Should I get a new power supply I measured the current PSU and it is a weird size quot tall cm quot long cm quot deep width cm Voltage and such W V A VA A VB A - V A V A VSB A combined max VA and VB A I saw this PSU at newegg Any help comments suggestions Do you think it really is the psu or am I barking up the wrong tree P S I just noticed that the HD box and newegg page recommend a w power supply so I guess the power supply is the problem My old card was a X would the HD have equivalent power consumption nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-psu-in-fan-cycle-for-2-3s-then-turn-off-cycle-again-computer-wont-boot.157477/
Relevancy 28.81%

So last Friday Nvidia when response K8S-MX GeForce Asus in plug motherboard card I GT my no 7300 my computers Hard drive died i replaced it the same day however my Geforce gt graphics card was not working while reformatting the new drive I later found out that i Asus K8S-MX motherboard no response when I plug in my GeForce 7300 GT Nvidia card needed to unplug the Graphics card form my computer so i did so I turned off my computer unplugged the power cord form power system changed the switch form - to O to make sure no more power was coming in and made sure i was grounded unplugged the card form my computer soon Asus K8S-MX motherboard no response when I plug in my GeForce 7300 GT Nvidia card after the on board card started to respond and i was successfully able to format and install windows XP to my hard drive After doing so i quickly installed all my drivers necessary for Asus K8S-MX motherboard no response when I plug in my GeForce 7300 GT Nvidia card the my computer However it has been a while and what i believe was my AGP diver was not needed this time around for the update Which is weird because if i remember correctly a year ago when i had to reformat last i had to install the diver Anyways I then wanted to start using my old graphics card again so i repeated the process above turning off the computer making use all the power cords were off and unplugged and plugged my graphics card back in and into the appropriate AGP slot It my monitor became unresponsive to the graphics card yes the connector to the graphics card is working fine and was plugged into the graphics card not the on broad one So i had no other choice but to turn off my computer and take out the card again the same way i had done before hand I started searching Google for answers came here with a few other post form people with similar problems and a few other sites I came to the conclusion that my computer was having a problem with the two conflicting graphics device running at the same time and believed the answer was to turn off the on board graphics card in my bios settings So without looking at the manual bad move i know i know i changed the settings from AGP Int VGA to AGP PCI and plugged in my graphics card after turning it off and making sure the changes were saved to my bios However this did nothing but allow me to not be able to use my on board graphics card and make my monitor responsive to the AGP card basically no changed occurred but i was unable to view the bios or anything else for that matter due to the change in settings The next thing i did was look up the manual on an other computer and reset my mother board via it s jumpers This was successful and i was able to see view the bios and windows once again I went into the bios and I changed the values to the appropriate value that the manual instructed me to This lead us to hear I am not sure if the AGP slot on my mother board is damaged or lacking of fivers or if the battery in the mother board is dead There evidence of any damage due to frying of any kind to the mother board or my graphics card Other information The motherboard is a ASUS K S-MX Motherboard stated in title The bios settings i have to chose from if you wondering if its on the wrong setting are Internal VGA AGP Int-VGA currently set to this AGP PCI PCI AGP PCI Int-VGA Graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GT BFG Any other information just post what you need to know and i will try tracking it down for you I would just like to know your guys options on what i should do to get this graphics card to work on my computer again I mean it was working just fine on thursday the spet So yeah Thanks for all your time and thoughts Remember no wrong answers until my computer explodes grinthumb nbsp

A:Asus K8S-MX motherboard no response when I plug in my GeForce 7300 GT Nvidia card

I see no one has any idea's yet. As an Update i have been looking through the Manual some more and have not found anything new. . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8s-mx-motherboard-no-response-when-i-plug-in-my-geforce-7300-gt-nvidia-card.153960/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I recent came across another monitor, and I'm trying to use it as a dual display monitor (the kind where you can drag things across both monitors, etc). My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT 240 and it has a VGA port and DVI port. I bought a DVI to AGP plug (DVI male, AGP female) since the other monitor has a AGP male plug. However, when I plug it in it isn't detected, nor is it detected when I plug it into the motherboard AGP port. Both monitors work when I use them with the AGP port on my graphics card. Also, in device manager, if they are both plugged in, they both show up.

Any suggestions?

A:Extra Monitor not being detected, may have something to do with AGP/DVI plug

I think you mean D-Sub, not AGP. AGP is a type of graphics card slot on the motherboard. On the chance that the adapter is bad, try another brand. They are relatively inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extra-monitor-not-being-detected-may-have-something-to-do-with-agp-dvi-plug.146768/
Relevancy 29.67%

My Dell D800 laptop stop working.

When I plug the ac-adapter the power light goes off on the adapter. It is obvious short on the motherboard. I did took it apart and look for some problem around DC-jack, but I don't think the problem is there. All the accessories are off . It is only mobo now by it self and does same thing. Anybody knows where I should look for the short. Which chip or diode it could be? I heard it is very common problem with D800 and D600 models. Since I am pretty good with soldering I think, and it is my hobby as well I would like to repair the mobo my self instead replace. Definitely would be much cheaper as well.

Thanks in advance for any input on this matter.

A:Dell D800 AC adapter turns off when plug in

Some laptops have a separate internal DC converter, and some DC converters are part of the motherboard. If you haven't tried another AC adapter, I would do that first. After replacing the AC adapter, check the DC jack for a high resistance using a good multimeter... A normal resistance would be around a half Meg ohm. If the internals are shorted, the resistance would be much lower. Unless you have the skill and tools to do surface mount soldering, I wouldn't attempt a repair

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d800-ac-adapter-turns-off-when-plug-in.106703/
Relevancy 30.53%

I got a little prob and i'd be glad you could solve it asap

i've been away from my parent's home for few months and my pc (asus i7 delux, which i bought last year) stayed there, useless and shut off.
Now, when i'm trying to turn it on, it goes all well, yet the monitor, keyboard, usb connection, and basically, any plug from its backside won't work.
When i tried to connect something to the usb connection from the front, it worked well. the dvd-rom works plainly clear too.
I open the pc and saw no unplugged wires.

What could make such a problem? power maybe?
dusting it was my first action, so i couldn't be it.

A:Backside plug-ins won't work

Have you run some good scans for infestations... Windows Security Essentials, Avira Antivir, Malware Bytes, and SuperAntispyware, to be sure it is not just a bunch of infestations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/backside-plug-ins-wont-work.141861/
Relevancy 30.1%

We have a plug& play floppy drive. Not it won't let me copy to it. It keeps trying to format the disks whether they are old or new. We bought a new one. It still does it.
The device manager recognizes it. We have windows xp.

A:Plug & play floppy drive

You may have put the ribbon on upside down. I think the red strand should be on the left of the drive as you are looking at it from the back, in any case, the red strand on floppies is on the opposite side of the drive compared to IDE drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-play-floppy-drive.135526/
Relevancy 30.1%

As my down the pulled Computer shuts plug like somebody description might turna bit unclear due to my quite lacking skills in computers I d first like to ask what might lead to a computer shutting of like somebody pulled the plug while it s starting up The time until it crashes tends to be like - sec less if I decide to choose Bios or Boot Menu It stops at the selection screen for those for a while Computer shuts down like somebody pulled the plug if I don t choose it shuts down after a while anyway Everything was fine until I days ago got my Phenom X While using this one I sometimes got as far as that it had loaded windows and I could check the device manager where it only said that the drives hadn t been found Then it crashed again I suspect the heat became too high Now after a couple of hours trying to find the possible fault I decided that the motherboard wasn t capable of using Quad-cores and switched back to my normal CPU the Athlon -bit X that had been working perfectly in the past except of some temperature-issues I simply can t get how people manage to keep their temperatures at - C under full load perhaps my room temperatur is too high or then my older fan was useless Now ofcourse nowit wont go further than to the point where after selection screen for setup boot menu it would say quot Reboot and insert proper boot device quot I took apart the computer to check the CPU s pins and that stuff but it was all looking good so I put everything back and now it wont even go past the selection screen It just sits there until I choose an option and if I choose f Setup it gives meabout sec before it shuts down otherwise it shuts down immidiatly I do have my Win DVD but as I m using an external CD-player Sorry for notbeing sure which word to use that s connected to the cumputer by a USB-port which it wont recognize I know I might have something physically damaged and therefor my concer if there aint any possible solution from what you guys know is also where the problem is most likely is located Perhaps the mobo have been scratched during all this and therefor wont function correctly Or then the HD has been damaged as I usually work with my computer laid down I do have it standing as usually while running but perhaps My Spec Sapphire HD MB AMD Athlon -bit X WD Caviar SE WD AAKB-OOHYSAO Windows Ultimate Asrock K N SLI- dB It doesn t say in the manual that this MB is compatible with Win but it worked fine with my old Athlon X before Zalman CNPS -CU LED Chieftec W Anyway thanks for reading this most likely text of rubbish and I hope that there s a logical solution to this problem Feel free to ask me whatever you want Altough I wont tell you what kind of underpants I m wearing if only to save you from knowing nbsp

A:Computer shuts down like somebody pulled the plug

Did you apply thermal paste to the CPU when you changed it? It is a bit scary when someone says "due to my quite lacking skills in computers" and then attempts something like swapping CPU's

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-like-somebody-pulled-the-plug.135635/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello everyone

My ac adapter connection is loose and flaky on my lifebook 2020.

I need to get inside and fix this. (I hope)

I have removed all the screws I can find but it dosen't seem to want to come apart easily

I dont want to force anything till I get more info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure I can fix it if I can open it ok

Thanks for any and all responses

A:AC adapter plug problem

You will have to get it open. Look for any hidden screws or latches... Be sure to remove all memory, PCMCIA devices, CD/DVD drives and hard drives, Also, be prepared to replace the DC jack if needed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ac-adapter-plug-problem.130919/
Relevancy 30.1%

The was a broken plug in the socket and the power cord to my monitor, the ground plug hit it and sparked!

The result, I have a dark green screen, the rest of the computer seems to work fine. Menu button on my monitor, when that pops up it has all the proper colors.

What I have, cheap Dell 3100 Dimension, with integrated video card.

How to fix?
Can it be fixed?
Would a video card (for PCI Express x1) actual fix the problem?

Any info would be helpful!

A:220 volts through my monitors ground plug!

Test the monitor on another computer. If it works normally, get the new video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/220-volts-through-my-monitors-ground-plug.130375/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello all,

My daughter has a HP laptop and she cannot use it as it wont turn on. I thought it was the a/c adapter but it is not (other daughter has the same machine). I think the problem is where the adapter plugs into on the laptop. Can this be replaced or is her laptop broken completely?

Please help, she is driving me mad x

A:Cannot plug A/C adapter in, please help

Which laptop model is it (get the info from the label on the bottom, not the bezel or plastic near the screen.
The adapter plug can be repaired by a skilled technician... but the cost is often as high as $175... the cost of a new motherboard. The part itself is sold by HP for about $40 from their "support" center, but should really only be about $6.00 on eBay. The trick is the soldering, which require skill and a lot of experience.
When we know your model numbers from the bottom sticker, we can perhaps be of more help.
It would also be helpful to know the city near where you live that might have technicians.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-plug-a-c-adapter-in-please-help.128798/
Relevancy 30.53%

while spring cleaning my computer I noticed one sata hd was missing the curved part on the power plug.
is it still safe to use the drive ?

A:SATA plug damaged

I don't understand what the "curved part" is, but if the drive still powers up and is seen, all is ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-plug-damaged.125625/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi You guys helped me so much with another problem birthday present for son hoping you can help again Temporarily my mom has hooked up her computer in our house but didn t have a monitor so used our flat panel from our Dimension We ended up using HERS not a flat panel but a newer dell and tonight I switched them back Now our my son s Dell flat panel which is supposed to be a plug and play PLANAR will not register The system is using the default VGA and all the text is too big doesn t give any other display options but now Play switch, Help... Monitor & Plug work? won't bit I tried turning the computer off for about a half hour and restarting then unplugging the monitor turning the pc on and plugging the monitor in after the pc was started hoping to see the quot new hardware found quot msg but nothing Why won t it detect the right settings automatically I recently also reloaded the entire system from the original boot cd again since it was really congested Help anyone nbsp Help... Monitor switch, now Plug & Play won't work?

A:Help... Monitor switch, now Plug & Play won't work?

Make sure you have the correct drivers, or plug it into the other vga adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-monitor-switch-now-plug-play-wont-work.39343/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 that's about three years old. Starting a few days ago, the monitor pretty much refuses to light up if I have it plugged in. If I start it up with it plugged in, the screen lights up intermittently during the startup, then quits once my desktop appears. If I want it to light up again, I have to shut it so it goes into sleep mode. When I open it again, if I have unplugged it, it will light up in power-save mode just fine.

Any idea what is going on here? I've tried a friend's power cord, and that does not appear to change things. I'm running Windows XP. I'm not sure how that would affect anything, but I really have no idea why this would be occurring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Screen goes dark when I plug in my Dell

check if you see the picture on the screen it will be very dim. Also dose it pick up a external monitor connected to the back of the laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-dark-when-i-plug-in-my-dell.104709/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am having problems with my usb port and don't know what to do. I cleaned out some unknow devices and now my USB, will not read anything thats connected to them. I checked the control panel and it said there are no problems with the ports. However, they will no longer read my flash drive or camera. I tried to install the devices but they where plug and play without drivers. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Txs. Ronnie

A:USB will not plug and play

A possible solution: http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup Device Manager Safe Mode.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-will-not-plug-and-play.115561/
Relevancy 29.67%

The other night I started my PC up I got Hard disk failure.

I've tried One of the Two sata drives in another computer and it works.
I've tried the Sata to motherboard plug in another computer that works.

I plugged everything back in my computer and when I booted it didn't work not even Cdrom, I then changed the plugs from motherboard to Harddrive and cdrom around and got one Hard drive coming up.

I'm unsure what to do next it doesn't seem to like me at all, this computer is barley many months old. Please help if you've any idea.

A:SATA Plug Issue with Gigabyte Motherboard

talk to Gigabyte about a RMA. that should cover this. I do not have there e-mail but u can get it on there site if u look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-plug-issue-with-gigabyte-motherboard.109927/
Relevancy 30.1%

Anybody knows from where I can get the pin configuration for the 8 pin DIN that connects Front - Right speaker to main unit.

I broke the male connector attached to front right speaker.

Thanks
MK

A:Broken 8-pin DIN plug : Altec lansing 251 (5.1)

http://www.fixya.com/support/t156007-wiring_altec_lansing_avs500

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...+8+pin+configuration&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_connector

If that doesn't help, contact them:

http://www.alteclansing.com/index.php?file=cms&subject=contact_us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-8-pin-din-plug-altec-lansing-251-5-1.112871/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just bought 2 power speakers to play with my laptop and I hear this static noise .
the weird part is the noise is gone when I unplug the laptop power cord , I can listen the music very clean when I run the laptop with the battery. I used 2 diff brand of Laptops and the results were the same .
I wonder if there is a filter or something else that can help me eliminate this noise when I plug the Laptop power cord

Thankss

A:Speakers make static noise when I plug to the computer

You likely have something else in the room or on the line emitting electrical interference. The speakers are just amplifying it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-make-static-noise-when-i-plug-to-the-computer.109413/
Relevancy 29.67%

well basically i have tried to do some reasearch i recently built my self a new computer, now im wanting to play some better games i currently have an ati radeon x1300 256meg pci card. since i dont feel like spending more money to buy a new power supply and an SLI mother board like i really want just to have pci express i was looking for a good recomended 512meg 256bit AGP card that has a vga plug on it i tryd to look it up but all the model numbers and this and that are confusing, i can play games like half-life 2 with no problem but my time shift game lags like crazy even on the low settings. ATI or Nvidia im not picty when it comes to chips.

here are my comps specs

Intel duo core 3.0ghz processor
2 gigs of ram
ati 256meg pci card
500watt PSU

A:Looking for recomended 512mb 256bit AGP card with VGA plug

Zenosincks said:

Eh, are you sure you've got an AGP slot? What is the brand and model of your PC or motherboard?Click to expand...

its an ECS and it says APG 8x right below it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-recomended-512mb-256bit-agp-card-with-vga-plug.101743/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello all I have been having a problem with my monitor setup for ages and am now at the end of my tether so need some help I have a Digimate L- W monitor in plain speak a quot Widescreen TFT LCD monitor Play and Driver Issue Monitor Plug The screen had been flickering losing channels for a while and I have diagnosed the cable as being the culpret Plug and Play Monitor Driver Issue A VGA D-Sub pin cable Change the cable you say which I have done times Herein lays the problem This is where I show my staggering ignorance The original cable seems to allow my windows XP machine to locate and install an appropriate driver for the monitor and my Nvidia adapter has the monitor listed as a quot M W quot Using any other VGA cable means that the monitor is listed as a quot CRT quot monitor in my nvidia control panel and is impossible to change Being CRT it gives me no option to have the relevant widescreen resolution in this case x and also annoyingly flickers on and off as if it has a CRT gun when changing resolution Does anybody have any idea why changing a VGA cable would disable the plug and play driver installation from my monitor Many thanks for any help nbsp

A:Plug and Play Monitor Driver Issue

Not fixed...not fixed...not fixed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-and-play-monitor-driver-issue.90407/
Relevancy 30.1%

Will SDRAM work on a DDR2 Plug?

A:Will SDRAM work on a DDR2 Plug?

In a word no. Both use different dimm slots and are not compatible with each other.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-sdram-work-on-a-ddr2-plug.88718/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi everyone first post here.

anyways Im having this problem. I just built a new computer and am having the exact problem as 99jones99

Everytime i plug in the 4 pin ATX 12V the comp boots up for 2 seconds and keeps shutting down.

When i remove the ATX 12V the comp seems to boot up and stays on, all fans going. So while this happens i plug in the monitor to the graphics card but nothing comes up on screen.

The monitor light stays orange, it should go green but nothing happens
Any Solutions?
Cheers!

This is whats plugged in

Specs:

Intel P4 3.00GHz(Prescott) HT Technology

Asus P4C800 Deluxe -Ai Series

EZ Cool - ATX 650JSP 650 Watt Socket 775

Cosair 1GB XMS PC3200(400MHz)

Gainward 7800GS+ Bliss 512MB AGP

A:Problem When I Plug In 4 pin ATX 12V

You need to replace the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-i-plug-in-4-pin-atx-12v.86485/
Relevancy 29.67%

My daughters HP laptop power plug is fried and can't get power to turn on. I would like to get her music and pictures off of the hard drive and put on my Apple laptop. How can I transfer this information without putting the hard drive in another computer? I'm new to site and novice at computer repair but would like to do this myself, if possible. Thanks.

A:Power plug fried - how do I get hard drive data?

If you are unwilling to remove the hard drive, you will have to get power to the laptop somehow. What do you mean by '...power plug is fried...'? Is it the socket in the laptop that got fried or is it the external power cord/power supply? Do you know someone who has access to an identical machine that you could use the power cord from and/or get your battery charged on their laptop so that you could run the laptop long enough to get the files off?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-plug-fried-how-do-i-get-hard-drive-data.77353/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have the first of my basic questions I am working on replacing the motherboard of my computer and I ahve been able to just remove the things from the old one and put them back on the new one but the in how front power I panel on of to my plug the to switch know computer need the double row of pins actually on I need to know how to plug in the power switch on the front panel of my computer one row has different wording and stuff than the old one and I am not sure which pins to plug in the power switch on The computer itself is an Enpower with an AMD Athlon processor The new motherboard is a Compaq Part - or - Also called QUIK SILVER motherboard I was told that any SOCKET A motherboard would work so I am hoping it is compatible Everythign seems to switch over just fine as long as I can figure out how to plug in the turn on switch I will probably have a bunch more questions after I get that one solved but for now I can t come up with any more questions because I can t turn it on haha Hopefully someone out there in cyberspace will know how to help me I spent an hour on line chatting with two of the HP Support people with only some results But not everything We managed to figure out which LEDs went where but not the power switch I could manage without the LEDs Thanks Lauralee nbsp

A:I need to know how to plug in the power switch on the front panel of my computer

The power switch and reset do nothing but short two pins for the time you hold the button down, so wire orientation doesn't matter. Which pins you have to short? You need the motherboard manual or decipher the writings near the pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-to-know-how-to-plug-in-the-power-switch-on-the-front-panel-of-my-computer.77277/
Relevancy 29.67%

I got 7 extra wires I dont know where to connect on my Asus p5GV-MX MB.

they are labeled: Return R, Return L, Spkout R, Spkout L, ground, mic Bias, and mic in. I have no idea where they go and the manual to MB doesnt talk about it.

When I get this PC going, i would like to plug headphones or mic at the front and not reach the back to plug them.

on MB, not sure what connectors are those:
10-1 pin AAFP (which has: port1 L, ground, port1 R, Presence#, Port2 R, Sense1_return, sense_send, port2 L, and sense2_return)

A:where to plug the wires ( for mic and headphones front side of tower)

Nevermind i think i figured it out, hopefully, thanks to ASUS forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-plug-the-wires-for-mic-and-headphones-front-side-of-tower.74012/
Relevancy 29.67%

ok i have a toshiba laptop with 768 mb of ram and a pentium 4 processor. im using a usb 2.0 pcmia card and a dazzle 90. it was working fine but then my laptop fell and the wireless card that i had in the other pci slot broke one of the slots. now when i plug in my usb 2.0 card and the capture usb device in the working slot, my computer completlely locks up. then when i take it out it becomes functional again. i also sometimes get a blue screen sayin usbport.sys. plz help and i really appreciate the help that anyone can provide me with

A:Help please! Computer freezes when i plug in my dazzle 90 capture device

You need to take the laptop to a repair center and have it repaired. Dropping laptops is never a good thing!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-please-computer-freezes-when-i-plug-in-my-dazzle-90-capture-device.69481/
Relevancy 30.53%

What is the 4 pin plug on my pci firewire card for. I plugged the cord from my front case in it because my mobo had no place for it.

A:Firewire Plug Question

Its for exactly what you did with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firewire-plug-question.65928/
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a mobo socket 478. The case I bought has a firewire plug. The mobo has 2 places to plug usb in. Does the firewire plug into a spot for the usb on the mobo? I do not see any markings for a 1394 plug. Thank you Kirk

A:1394 plug into mobo?

1394 is firewire not usb!! They are 2 very different technologies!!

A firewire plug should only ever be plugged into a firewire port!!

If your mobo doesn't have a firewire port then it doesn't support it!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1394-plug-into-mobo.64378/
Relevancy 30.53%

Ok... now i am having a real trouble. my Power cable to CPU fan plug is broken, not the fan, but the power to connect it to the fan(the male one). its 3 pin connector. there is one fan using 3 pin connector too from the MB (motherboard). i think its the fan for the motherboard. i am just wondering if i can use the splitter to the MB plug so i can connect it to both fan (motherboard and processor)
thanks..

A:POWER to CPU FAN PLUG Is BROKeN.. HELP!!!

Are you refuring to the 4 wire Molex adapter? If so, yes use that. Well, there are no molex plugs that plug into the mobo, there is the 20pin or 24, and the 4 wire, square one. But yes, you can use the 4wire molex adapter, that would be giving cdrom/hdd/video card power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-to-cpu-fan-plug-is-broken-help.63838/
Relevancy 29.67%

My computer won t turn on after being shut off until I unplug cord and plug back in I know there are many things it could be but I will explain a little of the situation It started about a little while ago when I came to turn the computer on It would not start I unplugged the computer and pressed the power button and it started I have been doing some experimenting and found this out On the mobod there are three little blue lights When I push the power button one of the blue lights will come on and not the other two and it won t start I then unplug the cord and the blue light goes out after about seconds I plug it back unplug being plug it won't My & in. until I computer turn on back off after shut in and push power and it starts It runs fine when on It is and Epox mobod with an antec My computer won't turn on after being shut off until I unplug it & plug back in. case and a watt smart psu Has anyone experienced anything like this nbsp

A:My computer won't turn on after being shut off until I unplug it & plug back in.

Hey

I'm just a newbie but I had that problem tonight and I found a solution buy putting my new PSU in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on-after-being-shut-off-until-i-unplug-it-plug-back-in.63040/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've been researching motherboards, and I've been eyeing some nice SLi boards (two x16 PCI-E slots), though I HIGHLY doubt I'd ever install two video cards.

The extra x16 slot would be nice, but most MoBo manufacturers sacrifice at least one x1 and/or PCI slot in the process. But if they start making cards other than video to use the spare x16 slot, I don't want to end up wishing I hadn't sacraficed an x16 for a more lowly x1 or PCI slot (btw: I need at least two and preferably three).

I have found plenty of PCI-E x1 cards, so the x1 slots appear to be more useful "at the moment".

So my question is, does anyone make anything else that plugs into a PCI-E x16 slot, or is it like an AGP slot in that it's good for nothing but video?

Thanks.

A:Simple question: Anything else plug into x16 slot besides vid?

I'm not aware of PCI-X 16 slots used for anything other than video. The bandwidth seems enormous. I am curious if these slots will be used in the future for data transfer like a parallel bus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simple-question-anything-else-plug-into-x16-slot-besides-vid.58883/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
I am having trouble with the prongs where the power cable is plugged in on the back of the tower. The computer does not come on unless I jiggle the prongs. The computer stays on just fine, then, so long as I don't turn it off. If I have to turn it off, then to get it on the next time, I have to jiggle the prongs again. I have already replaced the power cord, so I know it's not that. Have you ever heard of this happening? Is it possible to replace this part?
Thank you for your help! Maggie

A:plug for power cable on back of tower

That power cable goes into the power supply. If the cable is good, there is something wrong with the prongs of the power supply. Do you have a spare to swap to confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-for-power-cable-on-back-of-tower.58346/
Relevancy 30.1%

I just got a new Compaq Desktop computer and was woundering why it detects default monitor insted of the monitor i have hooked up it wont install the driver for the monitor.

A:Monitor wont plug and play

Do you have the driver for your display adapter installed? Have you tried installing the monitor driver manually?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-plug-and-play.40721/
Relevancy 30.1%

i know this has been posted before:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic52162.html

but i did everything there that worked for them and it still didnt work for me

is there anything else i could do

A:My computer freezes whenever i plug in any USB devices

did the usb version of ur device match the version of mother board usb?

what usb version attach to ur mother board? is it 1.0? or 2.0? etc.
what is the version recomended for the usb device that u want to use?

kindly match the version.

note: If I'm wrong about it, plz don't be mad at me.
Just correct me if I'm wrong! ok!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-freezes-whenever-i-plug-in-any-usb-devices.53345/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello;
I recently got a new video card - XFX GeForce 7900 GT - and realized that it only has 2 DVI adapters, and no familiar VGA D-Sub connectors. I only have a CRT (no plans to upgrade), and I really want to get these two devices to work together.

Are there any sort of (preferably cheap) DVI-2-VGA adapters? Or should I return the new video card and look for VGA'ed alternatives?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: nevermind, got it working.

A:Plug a CRT into a DVI-only videocard?

Usually cards with only DVI ports come with adapters you can use, included in the package.

As you say you got it working, I am assuming you found it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-a-crt-into-a-dvi-only-videocard.49245/
Relevancy 29.67%

DVI Monitor cable goes to what socket on the cards? Don't want to try experimenting, I'm quite unlucky at that, Any clues will be appreciated.

A:sli video, two 7800gtx's 4 places to plug monitor

since nobody else has answered this, I will chime in here...

With standard single video cards with dual monitor capabilty, it never mattered which output connector you used (the vid card would sense which one was plugged in)... I can only assume that it wouldn't matter in your case either. In SLI mode, the 2 cards function as 1 single card.

I can almost assure you that if it did not state in your video card or motherboard manual which connector to plug the monitor into, then it doesn't matter. when you plug it into any "socket" it will be recognized and configured from there. In any case it won't do any harm to plug it into a different output

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-video-two-7800gtxs-4-places-to-plug-monitor.45461/
Relevancy 30.53%

Windows XP SP2
Power: 500W Ion Dual-Fan Supply
Processor: AMD AthlonXP 1600 1.05 Ghz
Motherboard: ECS K7S5A Socket A/SiS/DDR
Sound: SoundBlaster Live 5.1 OEM
Graphics ATI Radeon All In Wonder Pro 64
RAM: 512MB DDR PC 2100

I've got a Rio Nitrus that for some reason my computer will not "see" until I go into Device Manager and do a Scan for Hardware Changes. Only then will it see the device. I've tried different cables, all the ports (motherboard and PCI)

Any thoughts? Suggestions? thanks! :darth:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-usb-plug-and-play.39627/
Relevancy 25.8%

Finally broke down and started building a new system - I m too old to game this all started out as a home video project Anyway - gathered all my components now I m working to assemble them The case power plug. fan power New for supply, no schematic, looking came with New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. an Okia Model -ATX power supply But no wiring schematic I m trying to identify the power supply fan plug - what New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. seems to be it doesn t at all match the connector on the board And I ve got that positively identified by the board manual The board has a small male pin connection The only thing I can find that might be the fan connector coming from the supply is a small pin plug at the end of of the New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. strings of drive power harnesses Nothing tucked up behind the supply case or anything Is that likely to be it Or would that be for a floppy or something I tried to Google for a wiring schematic but could find nothing In fact nothing much at all on this brand of supply - just a couple places that sell them Please don t tell me I got an el cheapo that isn t worth having At the risk of getting ahead of myself in case I need to adapt something like that to the different style male connector on the board in this case or something else I may find as i progress is there some type of source for adapters or what would I do Bear with me this probly won t be the last question I ll dream up - just getting started While I m at it - the board manual talks about a connector for a power supply that senses board temps - that s another reason I d like to find a schematic or some sort of instructions for the power supply OH The connectors for the fans in the case don t match the connector on the board either The board has another small male pin connector for the case fan s but these have a larger bigger pin pin connector Again - I suppose it s adapter time Guess I ll need that source Thanks for helping an quot old quot computer student still and probly always in a definite learning curve nbsp

A:New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug.

There are basically two voltages available to you: 5V and 12V. Doesn't really matter where you get it from - some pin on the mobo or some wire from the PSU.

From the PSU the yellow wires are 12V and red ones 5V, black is ground. The fan voltages should be written on the fan itself, the black fan wire is ground, red may be 12V or 5V depending on the fan voltage.

Fan headers on the motherboard should be labelled so, check with a voltmeter what pin gives out what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-power-supply-no-schematic-looking-for-power-fan-plug.35253/
Relevancy 30.53%

:bounce:
Boldfisherman: My Fujitsu N3010 Power plug is broken,I am looking for Part, one repair shop wanted to sell me a complete motherboard, It is a shielded pin connector to motherboard.
I read postabout opening computershell, if I read this correctly one must remove keyboard, How?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-plug-replacement.34753/
Relevancy 29.67%

Every time I install a server I have to plug both network cards into a router. I have seen a RJ45 plug that had been wired to fake a network connection, does anybody know the wiring configuration to set this up?

A:Faking a Network connection with RJ45 plug

It is a RJ45 loopback plug you want. Google is you friend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faking-a-network-connection-with-rj45-plug.34645/
Relevancy 29.67%

Yesterday my power supply was blown up (fuse). So i bought the power supply (PS HEC 300W) and plug in my compter which is assembly with Intel Desktop Board D845GEBV2 mounted with Celeron 2.0GHz. If i am not wrong, it is compatible with my mother board right. But there is problem after switch it on the power. First i switch on the main switch in the power supply. And i realised that the CPU fan is running although i didn't switch on the power from the front panel of my system unit. The LED for the harddisk in the front pannel also light up even though i didn't connect power to the hard disk. Is it the Mainboard problem.

A:Motherboard problem after plug in new power supply

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

I see from pic on intel your board has two power plugs,
did you plug in the 4 pin plug as well as the 20 pin?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-problem-after-plug-in-new-power-supply.34452/
Relevancy 30.96%

Howdy! I just started building my first self-made PC! But, I noticed that each little pin on the motherboard does something different, and on some of the multi-hole plugs, it's not specified which way the plug should be oriented so the right pins align with the right holes. Also, in my motherboard manual, for the front panel usb connections, it says pin 10 is USBOC and pin 8 is GND, but the plug that would go in pin 8 reads GND1 and the one that would go in pin 10 reads GND. I just plugged each of the usb plugs in its own second row of pins where the USBOC pin is absent. Also, is it OK if not quite all of the screws on the mobo are screwed in? And is it normal that the Power LED plug be totally absent?

Mobo: MSI P4N SLI
Case: Thermaltake XaserV WinGo V7000D
Everything else: Hasn't arrived yet.

A:Little Plug DANGER

you have to look at your jumper block diagrams. there is a standard setup for USB connectors, with the ground (s) at one end. as for the rest of your post, you'll have to be way more specific as to what 'holes' and 'pins' and 'plugs' you are referring to. if you're having that much trouble, you might want to have a technician look at it or take it to a pc repair shop to avoid causing accidental damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/little-plug-danger.31026/
Relevancy 29.24%

Cambridge Power Soundwords Plug/Jack FPS2000 Problem Cambridge Soundworks FPS Power Plug Jack Problem My subwoofer seems to not be recieving power from the cable It s gradually spiraled downward at first my subwoofer would cut out sometimes but if I jiggled the plug around a little it worked then it started doing it more and more Until it got to the point where the speakers would not work unless I took a piece of tape applied it under the subwoofer looped it over the power plug pull it down as far as it would go then reattach it under the subwoofer again which holds the power plug down That worked for about a week Now it won t work at all I ve tried almost everything aluminum foil tape etc thinking it to be a problem with the contacts Apparently it s not Nothing works Cambridge Soundwords FPS2000 Power Plug/Jack Problem I m wondering if anyone has had this problem or has some kind Cambridge Soundwords FPS2000 Power Plug/Jack Problem of solution for it P S - gt I still have warranty coverage on it I ve only had them for months on a one-year warranty Thanks nbsp

A:Cambridge Soundwords FPS2000 Power Plug/Jack Problem

I'd agree that it is the contacts. Since the Warranty is still good, you might be more comfortable going that route, personally I'd check the continuity then resolder any bad connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cambridge-soundwords-fps2000-power-plug-jack-problem.2109/
Relevancy 29.67%

I had a look at a friends computer which was working, but was very silent. When I checked it out no fans were working, I replaced psu & cpu fans & everything was working fine for a couple of weeks. Now when you plug in the power cord the computer starts but with no post or beep codes, I'm not sure how long the cpu was running without a fan and if was damaged by heat. At first I changed the psu but same troubles. I have no way to check the cpu which is a "pentium III 500 mhz slot 1" . Sound like the cpu ?

A:Why does computer start when I plug in the power cord ?

Sounds mure like the mobo has packed up to me.

Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-computer-start-when-i-plug-in-the-power-cord.25881/
Relevancy 29.24%

i have a 500L gateway system w/ a mini tower that's the one that can lay on its side or mount in a bracket to stand up-rite & a standard width sound card is too wide for tower.where do i find the one i need?it needs to be a 1/2 height sound card w/ 15-pin game port plug-in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-lookink-for-a-1-2-height-sound-card-w-game-port-15-pin-plug-in.20154/
Relevancy 26.66%

:giddy: It is an quantum Atlas tm II 3.5 Series. It's not set up the way I'm used to there is no power plug at all. The connector looks like something a printer would have? Is there some kind of converter?

A:I have these hard drives and do not recogize the connectors "NO POWER PLUG?"

10:1 they are SCSI drives. No use to you unless you have a SCSI adapter in your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-these-hard-drives-and-do-not-recogize-the-connectors-no-power-plug.18021/
Relevancy 30.1%

So some of you guys may have see my question about how much Cat E cable was too much and would cause signal loss well now I ve got a new problem As I said a friend of mine s dad works for Comcast and gave Cat5E-Plug for Modem Too Consoles Big me like feet of Cat E with plugs and tools to set it up Pretty nice guy he is Well to run this cable from my living room to my bedroom is going to be quite Cat5E-Plug Too Big for Consoles Modem a task since most of my basement is concrete Cat5E-Plug Too Big for Consoles Modem above ground the only part that isnt is the part below my living room So in other words I m going to have to drill a hole in the floor in my living room and crawl through a small hole in my basement on dirt to pull the cable though to the concreted section of my basement and up into my bedroom Well I figured earlier that it would be a good idea before attempting this to check and make sure the plugs I was given with the Cat E would fit in my console s modems the plugs didn t fit I really won t be able to find anything out for probably a couple more days at least from my friend s dad So I was hoping someone would know the answer on here I checked the cable that is plugged into my cable modem and it fit fine in my consoles The plugs I was given appear to be more rectangle shaped when the plug that is in my modem appears to be more squared shaped this is the plug that fit Was I just given the wrong plugs to hook it up Or do I need a different type of cabling Thanks nbsp

A:Cat5E-Plug Too Big for Consoles Modem

CAT5 (or even higher or lower) uses an RJ-45 connection. A standard modem port that uses a phone connection uses RJ-11. They are different types of connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cat5e-plug-too-big-for-consoles-modem.14303/
Relevancy 30.53%

I put together my first computer for my friend about 2 months ago. I was doing it for free so I did all I could and he had some front USB, firewire, and extra sound ports on the case front. The mobo came with some stuff like that, and I plugged those ones in and stuck 'em in the back. When it came time to plug in all the features that came with the case, there was no more room! How can this problem be solved in the future?

He had a A7N8X Deluxe and was using a AXP 3000+

A:MOBO out of plug in slots

Can anyone help me out please I'm making another comp but this one is for cash $$$ so I've got to make sure they can work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-out-of-plug-in-slots.6246/
Relevancy 24.94%

I broke off on of the pin on the 9 pin connector on my monitor. How difficult is it to raplace the cord? Thanks.

A:Monitor Plug "9-Pin"

Just as difficult as voiding the warranty and soldering 9 rather tightly placed contacts. I you have done some electronics before, then it isn't that bad, but for a first-timer it may be too much.

Not all wires are used in a video cable, did you actually break a pin that's needed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-plug-9-pin.4640/
Relevancy 31.39%

Adobe Flash Player or Microsoft Silverlight?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/better-plug-ins.157431/
Relevancy 30.1%

Are the greyed out plug ins needed , or can they be deleted,how?

A:Firefox plug ins, how do I update/delete them

Well, on further checking I've come to a dead end so will forget about it.
I did forget to mention this is on my W7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-plug-ins-how-do-i-update-delete-them.190659/
Relevancy 30.1%

I started a thread in the System Building and Upgrading section but realized it should be here sorry about that Maybe a mod could move it here Anyway New in plug USB I devices BSOD build, when here goes I built this system about a week ago at first things seemed ok until I started adding the peripherals I am a flight sim nut so the Track IR and Saitek X are important to me Its worth noting that I am aware there are issues with some of the X New build, BSOD when I plug in USB devices drivers Saitek support is awful and I have been using it for years on my old system so know my way around - I used the same software that was working on my old Duo Core At this point in time I do not the X or Track IR connected There were no problems until last night I spent most of the weekend installing Falcon BMS IL- Cliffs of Dover and Il- Sturmovik all of which ran with no issues including the Track IR and x I dont recall installing anything that might have affected this but I know I added utilities like CCleaner Audacity Xedit but I left my pc on for a while and when I came back it had rebooted I noticed my Track IR was no longer showing up in device manager I unplugged it plugged it back in and there was the first BSOD After rebooting I tried again in a different port tried both USB and USB but it blue screens almost immediatly when I plug it in regardless of which port I plug into Here are the specs requested files also attached Actually I take that back the perfmon report stops responding so I am not able to add that Will keep trying OS - Windows Vista x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Nothing newly formatted hard drive SSD Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer I purchased Windows Age of system hardware Less then two weeks Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU Intel Core i - K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core GHz LGA Video Card GIGABYTE GV-N TOC- GI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX Ti GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop ASUS Z -PRO LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop CORSAIR RM Series RM W ATX V v System Manufacturer Not sure what is being asked for here the case Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Laptop or Desktop Desktop

A:New build, BSOD when I plug in USB devices

For what its worth I have had perfmon /report running since I first posted, almost an hour ago.  How long should that take?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579572/new-build-bsod-when-i-plug-in-usb-devices/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi everybody !
I use a Windows XP professional PC. I was trying to burn songs with ram extension, using Neoro 6, when I was prompted with the following message "One or more files could not be added to a compilation. It may be possible that the files can be added if a dedicated plug-in is installed."
Can any one tell me please what a dedicated plug-in is and how to install it?
Thanks

A:dedicated plug-in

hello, this is my 1st post and i was wondering if you got an answer to your question about "what a dedicated plug-in is and how to install it"?
Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-plug-in.82520/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello On and off I ve been having a problem with my keyboard where it will sometimes decide not to work My friend suggested that I check to see if the USB port was the problem behind it So I went into the Device Manager to take a peek for a faulty USB port but instead discovered that the quot Plug and Play BIOS Extension quot had a yellow exclamation mark on it When I had a look at the device status on it it said quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot I have no idea what to do about this I m not a techie person so I m really lost On a side note this problem has also occurred with my mouse And for the previous times that I had to deal with this problem I just simply plugged the keyboard mouse into another USB port and it worked fine after 39 - Code Play Extension and BIOS Plug that However I just Plug and Play BIOS Extension - Code 39 want to get this problem resolved it s starting to worry me I would greatly appreciate any help given nbsp

A:Plug and Play BIOS Extension - Code 39

Hi Meilei

Have a look at this page from Microsoft, it's quite long but just scroll down to the entry for Code 39.

support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-and-play-bios-extension-code-39.114424/
Relevancy 29.67%

I've been getting the above error recently. in the event log they seem to happen simultaneously. plug and play/power source/dcom terminated unexpectedly. windows must restart. it's not so bad that I can't use my computer. just a tad bit annoying. the error message comes up and then forces a restart. it mostly happens in the middle of the night when I'm trying to seed torrents. broni over in the malware section has inspected my logs and says it's not a malware problem (googling these errors inevitably leads you to malware forums. that's how I wound up here.). he suggested I post here and see what y'all could do to help out. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on intel i7 processor. let me know what other information I should provide. much appreciated!

A:Plug and play/power/dcom terminated unexpectedly...

What antivirus program are you using and what are your full computer specs? Are there any minidump files in C:\windows\minidump?Minidump files have a .dmp extension? If so, can you zip them by selecting them all and right-clicking to send them to a compressed zipped folder and uploading that folder here?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-and-play-power-dcom-terminated-unexpectedly.182217/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is there a way I could play FLAC files in iTunes or manipulate it to allow for this? Thanks, for any advice.

A:Is there a FLAC plug-in for iTunes?

I don't believe so. LNCPapa who used to love iTunes resorted to using Foobar2000 to play his FLAC files. If LNCPapa couldn't find such a plugin, you can be sure one doesn't exist.

I do believe there's such a plugin for Winamp, but I can't find anything for iTunes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-flac-plug-in-for-itunes.62299/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is there a way I could play FLAC files in iTunes or manipulate it to allow for this? Thanks, for any advice.

A:Is there a FLAC plug-in for iTunes?

I don't believe so. LNCPapa who used to love iTunes resorted to using Foobar2000 to play his FLAC files. If LNCPapa couldn't find such a plugin, you can be sure one doesn't exist.

I do believe there's such a plugin for Winamp, but I can't find anything for iTunes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-flac-plug-in-for-itunes.62299/
Relevancy 30.1%

Greetings`-<
I am going berserk. Since I uploaded Itunes, I cannot download radio show podcasts without getting 'plug in error' messages and/or 'problem initializing page' prompts.
I've trashed everything in Itunes but no luck. I've updated Internet Explorer but can only listen online, if that. Please show me the error of my ways.
Ciao Rosemary

A:Plug in Error Messages forever

Hopefully you will get some more exposure in the Misc. Software forum.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.
A message for all newcomers.
SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-in-error-messages-forever.82240/
Relevancy 29.67%

Last night in a sleepy stupor I unplugged my Hp pavilion without shutting it down usually no problem right? This morning I tried starting it up and got a flashing green light on the back of psu. It doesn't go away until after about 2 minutes of it being unplugged. If I plug in the PSU without the mobo cord plugged in the light is a steady light like everything is working. Someone told me to take an eletrical wire and put on end into a black psu wire and the other into the green mobo connector wire.(terminated wire into terminator) Does anyone have any other advice it's really my friends computer and I was wondering if there's a fix or do I have to shell out for a new psu.

A:HP Pavilion a6217c won't turn on after accidentally pulling plug

Of course, the fix would depend on what is actually wrong the PC. It could be the power supply but my money is on a fried motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-a6217c-wont-turn-on-after-accidentally-pulling-plug.153926/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have an Emachine T-5026 with an Intel 915GAG board. Ubuntu 7.10 is installed. I currently have a SOYO 24" LCD monitor in the system, (1920 X 1200 native resoution).
Ubuntu will not pick this monitor up at more than 640 X 480 resolution. I couldn't find a video driver for the Linux at Intel's support page. What now?

The previous monitor was a Westinghouse 22" at 1680 X 1050 resolution. Ubuntu picked this up at a maximum of 1280 X 1024.

The Intel XP video drivers for this chipset will provide all native resolutions.

A:No Plug n' Play Monitor

Perhaps install an inexpensive graphics card which does have driver support for Linux.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-plug-n-play-monitor.104685/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am running a P comp with RAM and GB Hard disk I have an external Seagate USB hard disk of GB connected From past several days the CPU shuts down abruptly but the until CPU abruptly is plug reboot PS and and stops the reinserted removed doesn't green light in the mobod as well as the keyboard numlock light continues to glow further only the red light in front of the CPU cabinet continues to glow The comp cannot be restarted unless n until the power supply plug is removed n re inserted into the socket Earlier this was occurring only once in a day but frm past days CPU shuts down to times in a span of hrs I have cleaned my hard drive from all viruses n malwares One thing I have noticed is that before the CPU stops the SMPS CPU stops abruptly and doesn't reboot until the PS plug is removed and reinserted as well as the Cooling fan of the processor chip run at very high speeds making a noise similar to wind storms Please help me on this ASAP Thank you nbsp

A:CPU stops abruptly and doesn't reboot until the PS plug is removed and reinserted

This sounds like a heat issue. Heat will shut down a system fast. Have you tested the temps for your system? Is there dust build-up? Are all fans functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-stops-abruptly-and-doesnt-reboot-until-the-ps-plug-is-removed-and-reinserted.171389/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello guys!

how can i make a plug and play operating system
using windows xp and my usb flash drive?

thanks in advance!

A:Plug and play OS

We will need to know more information about what equipment you have, and details of what you want to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-and-play-os.76754/
Relevancy 26.66%

My MOBO is ASUS P P Deluxe I just recently flashed my BIOS to shows fix?? "!" BIOS under 'System Devices'...how Extension' 'Plug-N-Play to the latest BETA version from the German ASUS FTP site in order to correct my compatibility issues detecting my GB Maxtor SATA drive All was perfect until I tried to connect my mobile phone via USB and something went wrong and it wouldn t detect properly The phone does however show up under USB devices as MOTOROLA USB MODEM like it 'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix?? did in the past So I don t know what s the problem and don t know how related this issue is but then I saw that under System Devices there is Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension listed twice First one is fine second one shows an exclamation mark and under properties it says that there is some corruption in the registry or something I don t like exclamation marks anywhere under Device Manager I hope someone can tell 'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix?? me how to fix this Do I look for a driver And if so which one and where Is this device suppose to be listed twice Maybe I should just try removing it nbsp

A:'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix??

Click on update driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-n-play-bios-extension-shows-under-system-devices-how-to-fix.19936/
Relevancy 29.67%

I hope someone can understand this. My problem..
I use Alcohol 120% and have the remains of a virtual drive left over on my PC, Device Manager recognises it as plug and play bios extension with a configuration problem. Driver details as follows.. Device Instance Id is ROOT\SYSTEM\0003, Hardware Ids is root\a348bus and Service is a348bus. I can't find it to save my life and desperately want to get rid of it as on startup it always recognises new hardware. I have looked in the drivers folders etc. I do have another valid driver/extension for an Alcohol virtual drive though, listed as vax347b by the way. Any help is appreciated.

A:Problematic Plug and Play BIOS Extension...help?

Search the system registry for this a384bus string and delete all the entries.
The driver details ought to tell you the driver file too. Delete it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problematic-plug-and-play-bios-extension-help.48570/
Relevancy 30.53%

I use Windows and my browser is Google Chrome Sometimes I ll switch to IE I love this game on Candystand com Solved: supported Plug-in not is called POOL SHARKS After playing for years I suddenly find a message quot This plug-in is not supported quot and that s as far as I can get When using IE I get this little Solved: Plug-in is not supported box Adobe Flash Player Settings with text that says Please Uncheck the quot NEVER quot checkbox to play That is as far as I can get nothing Solved: Plug-in is not supported will happen no matter what I do the screen is inactive So I go back to Google Chrome my favorite browser Solved: Plug-in is not supported and other game do the same thing quot This plugin is not supported quot and SOME GAMES I CAN PLAY What is the problem with my PC I used to play POOL SHARKS HIGH SCORE all the time I don t care about IE but I would love to fix this problem with Chrome Thanks folks nbsp

A:Solved: Plug-in is not supported

Welcome to TSG!

Have you checked for an update to Flash Player? https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
(remember to uncheck the optional McAfee install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plug-in-is-not-supported.1148742/
Relevancy 30.96%

A lot of my jpg docs on desktop are not showing the normal icon only irfanview some I can open some I can t The message is C Users owner Desktop Eaglehawk Bowling Cl ub in --do Can t read file header Unknown file format empty damaged file or not found for unicode file names please activate the Unicode Plugin in Properties- gt Languages I dont know how to do this Actually it has just occurred to me that all these Irfanview icons are actually documents not pictures but when I open them they open in Irfanview instead of Docs Hmmm Can someone help please There are only two Word documents actually showing on desktop but they open in Word or try to but the screen is Ins for Plug Irfanview just blank I m using Firefox and windows I now have noticed that when I have an http address in an email for instance - -it will not open I have to manually copy it to the browser nbsp

A:Plug Ins for Irfanview

got to windows expoler
Desktop
and show the files extension - post that back here

Organize>
folder and search options>
View TAB
uncheck - "hide extension for known file types"

Then you may need to associate that file type to the correct program
control panel>
in the search bar - put
associate
Folder Options >
there you can change the file type associated with a program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-ins-for-irfanview.1148887/
Relevancy 29.67%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 249172 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, G31M-S.
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have a few issues, aside from computer running slow, when I double click on something , most of the time I will have to do it 2-3 times before it will actually work. I am forever getting adobe plug in has crashed. Can you help me please to get computer back to how it should be running.

A:Solved: Very slow, flash plug in crashes, hangs

Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/dl/123/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-very-slow-flash-plug-in-crashes-hangs.1147824/
Relevancy 29.67%

I solved the problem.i learned i had to go to control panel then power options then put brightness to the right, it was to the left

A:When I plug in the cord in my Netbook the screen goes black

Excellent!
Glad to read all is well
We'll be here when you need us. Til then
Stay well and surf safe

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549797/when-i-plug-in-the-cord-in-my-netbook-the-screen-goes-black/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I've got a problem Plug not (despite automatic boot setting) Play starting on and with my Windows Plug and Play service is not starting during system boot despite it's set to start automatically in the services settings It's a real pain as my startup now takes almost minutes it fails to start the services that depend on PnP and it fails to authenticate my Windows as the authentication requires Plug and Play working alerting me that my OS is not genuine so I have to manually start Plug and Play and then manually run Windows Authentication to confirm Plug and Play not starting on boot (despite automatic setting) it's ok I've got Windows Pro -bit with SP The problem happened suddenly - I haven't changed any hardware recently last software installing deinstalling were done a few days ago last Windows Update days ago and this very morning everything was still ok Checked the services list - Plug and Play is set to automatic start Deleted the umpnpmgr dll and copied one from another computer the same system that works fine - didn't work Tried to unregister and re-register umpnpmgr dll but it was not possible got error from regsvr that the module was loaded but entry point DllUnregisterServer was not found Plug and Play not starting on boot (despite automatic setting) so I presumed that it's not registerable Tried to boot in diagnostics mode changing in msconfig - Plug and Play didn't start as well so no changes apart from everything working veeery slooowly Scanned with sfc scannow - it hasn't found any corrupt files I've already had exactly the same problem about months ago but I couldn't really try to solve it then had to reinstall Windows asap and continue working Now I can spend some time on it and I would love to repair it rather than another OS reinstall Especially that problem can reappear in another few months Please please please help me - I've run out of ideas how to solve it Your humble and desperate ghardinus PS I've run MiniToolBox last events installed programs users partitions amp memory size - I've attached the results in txt file I've run Speccy as well snapshot is here http speccy piriform com results iiuehJvnloyG NuPBgnmL l

A:Plug and Play not starting on boot (despite automatic setting)

Please post the MiniToolBox in your topic.  I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it contains.

This probably isn't effecting your current problem, but should be addressed before it becomes problematic.

The Speccy shows that your C: drive only has 9% free space.  You should have at least 15% free space.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569048/plug-and-play-not-starting-on-boot-despite-automatic-setting/
Relevancy 29.67%

Now give a look on what is up!!!

"This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)"

Can any of you help me out please!!!    Thanks!!!

A:sftfs - non-plug and play driver is missing!!

The Problem:  If you try to use a locally installed device on your computer and it is not installed correctly, or the installation software has become corrupt, you will see the error message displayed for error code 24.  (To find the problem device, look in your Device Manager to see if anything is showing up with a yellow exclamation or a red x)

The Solution:
Fixing the underlying problem for Windows error code 24 is not a difficult undertaking. The first process to step through to resolve the 24 error is to simply remove the device. If the device is currently attached to your computer, simply disconnect it and reboot your computer. You should then reattach the device and go to the Device Manager. Locate the device there and click on update driver. Follow all of the prompts that are displayed on your screen and let the drivers fully update. If the driver was the underlying cause of the problem this should have resolved it.
If updating the driver does not fix the problem, you may have a faulty piece of hardware on your hands.

Please also see the info at the following link: 
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/this-device-is-not-present-is-not-working-properly/693fbe4b-4739-4c43-8d4c-cff483ca3edd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553703/sftfs-non-plug-and-play-driver-is-missing/
Relevancy 26.66%

I was having problems with WIndows updates not installing correctly and I was getting a message that I was not running a genuine copy of Windows before I got stuck in the current situation Now I cannot do anything such as run the DDS tool because the Power Play and service/Plug unexpectedly service/DCOM Restart loop; terminated computer restarts continuously The restarts occur regardless of whether there is an internet connection and it also occurs in safe mode First I get the message Windows based script host has stopped working I copied down some things from the details before Restart loop; Power service/Plug and Play service/DCOM terminated unexpectedly the pc restarts inpagecofire wbemprox dll c c After that the following message appears Windows must now restart because the Power service OR Plug Restart loop; Power service/Plug and Play service/DCOM terminated unexpectedly and Restart loop; Power service/Plug and Play service/DCOM terminated unexpectedly Play service OR DCOM server process has terminated unexpectedly The pc restarts over and over alternating between these three versions of the message Here is some information about my system MSI LGA Intel P B DDR SATA amp USB A amp GbE ATX Motherboard P A-GD B Intel Core i - K Processor GHz MB Cache Socket LGA GB Kit GBX DDR PC - EVGA GeForce GTX Ti DS MB Western Digital Caviar Black TB WD FAEX Antec EarthWatts Watt ATX v v Power Supply Unit Also the pc was at the point that it was not booting at all and I had to clear the CMOS to get to where I'm at now I don't know where to go from here

A:Restart loop; Power service/Plug and Play service/DCOM terminated unexpectedly

Update: I never got a reply to this post and the computer has been sitting unused for about two months. Once in a while I turned it on and tried to quickly copy some files to a usb drive before it would restart. Since it restarted after only a minute or so, and it was carrying on other processes to start up, this was time consuming and annoying. I was planning on just getting some more files off of it, and then starting from scratch.

Well today it started up and has not restarted after a few hours. This is the first time it has done this after probably a hundred restarts. Perhaps it is a coincidence, but I used a different monitor with the pc this time. I still got the "Windows based script host has stopped working" message and these are the details:

Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: InPageCoFire
Error Status Code: c000009c
Faulting Media Type: 00000003
Damaged Filename: wbemprox.dll
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b688
Additional Information 2: b688e40ddee6555e26a47dbf0ad9b87b
Additional Information 3: ae63
Additional Information 4: ae63fd9c06abfa4442bb1441adaaeca9

Usually I got the restart message shortly after that, but not this time. I ran disk check and got this message:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

It directed me to the CBS log for details, and I have a copy of the log, but I don't know if I should post it here.

Anyway, it still has not restarted and now I have an opportunity to try and do something about this. Even if I do end up having to wipe and start over, I would like to know whether this is virus or whatever. If you can suggest how I might proceed, bear in mind that any diagnostics I run should ideally not involve restarting, because it may very well go back to the endless restarting again.

Maybe somebody can help now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561393/restart-loop;-power-serviceplug-and-play-servicedcom-terminated-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 24.08%

Techs Not sure what to do next on a Dell Optiplex W Pro desktop with two symptoms High high svchost !; Dcomlaunch svchost.exe memory? high - - cpu Plug&play CPU usage- for svchost exe even in safe mode - Plug and play is the offending service high memory use for svchost exe mb - only in normal boot - Is mb high Not sure of the offending service Attached services are Desktop Session Mgr RDP Session Mgr Distributed Link Tracking Client Superfetch Prog Compatibility Asst Network Connections Offline files or Windows Audio Endpoint Builder I suspect Superfetch because svchost.exe - Plug&play high cpu !; svchost - Dcomlaunch high memory? it seems to be only service in group with CPU usage I used svchost.exe - Plug&play high cpu !; svchost - Dcomlaunch high memory? Task Manger and Resource Monitor to gather the info above Other symptoms Device Manager takes forever to come up even in safe mode Normal reboot takes forever Things tried to fix sfc scannow - OK no corrupt files Malwarebytes Scan -OK no infections Malwarebytes RootKit scan -OK no infections TDSKiller RootKit scan - OK no infections Rkill - OK no infections Any ideas to address the CPU usage I guess as that seems to be my worst problem Thanks in advance b groves

A:svchost.exe - Plug&play high cpu !; svchost - Dcomlaunch high memory?

Shut down the computer, unplug the power cord and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Unplug everything from the computer except the keyboard, mouse, and one monitor.
Plug the power cord back in and power it up. Does it have the same problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564410/svchostexe-plug-play-high-cpu-;-svchost-dcomlaunch-high-memory/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am at wits end here is the MiniToolBox results as consistent and Crash Flash Long Start-up Plug-in I have seen consistently requested Thanks in advance for your expertise MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran Long Start-up and consistent Flash Plug-in Crash by joeycap administrator on - - Long Start-up and consistent Flash Plug-in Crash at Running from C Users joeycap Desktop Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings network proxy type Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content www guard com guard com i com www k com k com www hq com hq com com www com com www scan com scan com www gratisproben com gratisproben com namen com www namen com cs com www cs com www sexlinks com There are more lines starting with IP Configuration Intel reg LM Gigabit Network Connection Local Area Connection Connected Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected Intel reg Centrino reg Wireless-N Main Wireless Connection Media disconnected Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name joeycap TP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - A-A -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - A-A -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Main Wireless Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Centrino reg Wireless-N Physical Address C-A - - A-A -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg LM Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address F -DE-F - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October AM Lease Expires Monday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F F AA - C - D - FD- CF E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F A F E - C - A -AADF- E E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d d c f fe b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d c f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CA A F- DE - C -B - D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface B F- E - -AE - C E DC D Med... Read more

A:Long Start-up and consistent Flash Plug-in Crash

Click on the Start orb, then type regsvr32 Wuaueng.dll.

You should receive the following message.

regsvr32 Wuaueng.dll

When you do, click on OK.

You obviously had Spybot Search and Destroy installed on this computer at one time but removed it.  There are remnants that still remain.  Try to completely remove it using Revo Uninstaller.

Please explain exactly what kind of crashes you are getting when you plug in a flash drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550885/long-start-up-and-consistent-flash-plug-in-crash/
Relevancy 30.96%

One day I plugged my USB pc? them What my plug USBs into when in my i this is and I didn't find any of my files I went to Tools gt gt Folder options gt gt View gt gt Show Hidden files and folders unchecked the Hide extensions Unchecked the Hide protected operating system files and here I see an Icon as my Drive in other USBs as a folder without any name or label What is this in my USBs when i plug them into my pc? I right click on the icon I can't find any delete and if I click What is this in my USBs when i plug them into my pc? on Properties nothing shows up What is this in my USBs when i plug them into my pc? If I double click on it it opens another window showing my USB files that were supposed to be directly in my USB Is there anything I can do to delete this virus from all my USB and external HDD I plugged into my pc and had the same problem I checked my pc for any viruses or something it didn't show anything I'm not sure if it's a virus or anything in my PC making this folder icon show or if it's from the USB drives i'm using but as i used to plug all my usb before and never showed anything untill now any usb drive i put in my pc it does the same When i first plugged the USB on a different PC the files were still inside this unnamed file so I copied the the file to another safe pc and i formated the USB and my External HDD then i plugged them in the same PC and it showed nothing again When I re-plugged the usb drives to my pc same problem showed again And i already tried two anti-virus and none of them showed a thing in my pc P S please find attached a photo showing how it shows Thank you a lot

A:What is this in my USBs when i plug them into my pc?

Unplug USB
Download MCShield via following link --> http://mcshield.net/downloads.html
Install it, click on Scanner tab, and check Always unhide items of flash drives.
Click OK 

Now plug in USB, and wait until MCShield scan it. When it finish, press Start --> Run and type following

%AllUsersProfile%\MCShield\AllScans.txt

Then press OK.

Copy here content of that file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492402/what-is-this-in-my-usbs-when-i-plug-them-into-my-pc/
Relevancy 30.53%

Whenever I plug a device into my USB ports the balloon on the bottom right of the taskbar will USB And Play Plug not working pop up saying Found New Hardware and it correctly identifies the device but doesn't install the driver Instead the Found New Hardware box will pop up asking me to find the driver to install USB Plug And Play not working This can be a pain especially if the driver cannot be found online However older devices that I have previously installed on this machine before this started happeinging work fine when plugged in Here are the steps I have taken in an attempt to fix this problem Making sure plug and play is enabled deleting the infcache making sure HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion 'DevicePath' points to ' SystemRoot inf making sure the values 'FactoryPreInstallInProgress' and 'AuditInProgress' are set to ' ' under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE USB Plug And Play not working SYSTEM Setup making sure HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup 'AuditInProgress' USB Plug And Play not working is set to making sure HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup 'FactoryPreInstallInProgress' is set to making sure HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup 'MiniSetupInProgress' is set to this key doesn't exist on my machine making sure HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup 'Setuptype' is set to making sure HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup 'SystemSetupInProgress' is set to deleting HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Factory deleting sysprep I couldn't find it on my machine so I assume it's not on there If you need more information or need me to be clearer on anything I said please let me know

A:USB Plug And Play not working

I'd try the MS FixIt, http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Windows_USB_diagnostics

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489394/usb-plug-and-play-not-working/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,

I am currently running Win Xp SP3 and as of yesterday my plug and play service has become a cpu hog. This all started occurring after a failed attempt while updating my Razer Naga mouse software. I currently have it disabled in order for my system to run. Any insight on the would be greatly appreciated.

A:Plug and Play Service causes 100% cpu load

Enable...then do the following.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

The obvious guess would be either the mouse is defective or the software is corrupted...but let's take a look at the Windows data.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506706/plug-and-play-service-causes-100-cpu-load/
Relevancy 29.67%

I m working on a year old Dell box has Win XP Media Center edition Has plenty of Ram Gig Right now the system is unusable as the CPU usage is always at to Play Plug CPU & cause service usage high (80-90%) If I disable the Plug and Play service it drops down to almost nothing and the system runs normally Of course Plug and Play service is an essential service so I need to find the cause Also I m sure it s related the Device Manager opens after a long deley but it s blank I ve used MSCONFIG to troubleshoot That s how I stopped Plug amp Play service- ordinarily you can t stop the service I ve unplugged the optical drives however I can t unplug the front USB ports If I remove the cable to them the system won t turn on Go figure it s a Dell The only card in it is a modem Tried removing that The hardware is ok I tried a fresh install of XP Pro on another hard drive everything worked as expected I ve also run scans found a few pieces of malware the system seems otherwise clean also cleaned out all the dirt There s a lot of services that depend on the Plug amp Play service but if I start and stop it the CPU useage responds accordingly Is there anything I can do Plug & Play service cause high CPU usage (80-90%) to figure out why the Plug amp Play service is causing the CPU usage to go so high Thank you

A:Plug & Play service cause high CPU usage (80-90%)

Disable it temporarily...see if another service takes up the burden.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409364/plug-play-service-cause-high-cpu-usage-80-90/
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay so im pretty sure 100% bit) (32 VIRUS! Cpu container running in Plug i have a virus i just do not Plug in container (32 bit) running 100% Cpu VIRUS! know how to remove it at all Theres an application in my task manager called plug in container bit that keeps slowing down my PC and running at Cpu I googled it and apparently it is linked with firefox however i do not have firefox on my computer When i opened the folder that it was inside of and attempted to delete everything it said i could not because it was being used by service Mgr Rollaround When i googled service mgr Rollaround that's what brought me to this site and now ive confirmed my suspicion that it is infact a virus It keeps modifying itself everyday and slowing my pc and i really don't know what to do because its a new PC and i feel like its taking my data or something I really am a pc noob if you want to call it that so i really need help quick and im sorry but i do not know the information you need in order to help me remove it If i need to post any logs or anything of that sort in order for you to be better able to evaluate my situation i am more than happy to do so you'll just have to treat me like a child when explaining it to me Im not super slow when it comes to computers and i do have my whits about me online however since its a relatively new computer i've gone into a bit of a panic now i've found this virus Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Plug in container (32 bit) running 100% Cpu VIRUS!

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571971/plug-in-container-32-bit-running-100-cpu-virus/
Relevancy 30.53%

In this thread I used this http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2008/03/17StereoJack.png
& this https://www.oddcables.com/images/product_full/AG-3.5M14F-STR.JPG
to make the ethernet extension. I think I goofed by not connecting the correct 3 prongs using the ethernet wire at each end. I don't use the extension all the time which is why the lapse in time. I do hope you know what I'm in need of help on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-stereo-plug.219313/
Relevancy 29.67%

The network group in my company is thinking about turning off 'SSDP/Plug n Play'
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727027.aspx
I have some network mapped as folders in network location. These mappings are automatically connected when the PC is online. They were created by system administrator who already left the company.
My question is if the network group turn off Plug n Play, will these mapping have issues? I am sorry, I have limited networking knowledge and I could not find a solid answer to my concern online.

Also, where can I find his settings? nothing showing up in domain GPO or script file (logon)
Your help is appreciated, thanks.

Thang Mo

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b94369b0-1144-4226-a0d9-650f7a32c475/ssdpplug-n-play-and-network-folders-mapped?forum=w7itpronetworking