Windows Support Forum

Firefox freezing, unless I move

Q: Firefox freezing, unless I move

Alright, i know that title/subject sounds confusing, but heres the explanation:

When Im on the net using Firefox, theres often times when things will stop moving (i.e. the blinking text cursor, tabs that are loading, things that are downloading, etc.), and they will continue to move if i move my mouse around, or the touch-pad... and, i believe, if i type, things will resume. This gets rather annoying, because the only remedy is to close Firefox, and then re-open it. It seems to happen most when i attempt to upload something - no matter where Im uploading it to (such as sendspace, multiupload, etc.).

I dont think i have a virus - Im running AVG for security, and Super Anti-Spyware. I also have the latest Firefox, which according to the About tab is 5.0, and it says it's up-to-date.

Is there any way to fix this little glitch?? Thanks for reading!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Firefox freezing, unless I move

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Firefox freezing, unless I move

Hi, Ryan.
I've never experienced such behavior in Fx but it sounds as if it might be related to Hardware Acceleration. You can turn HWA off and see if it still happens.
Also, check to be sure you are running the latest video drivers. There are occasions with some graphics cards, however, wherein one achieves better performance by regressing to a previous driver version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/178723-firefox-freezing-unless-i-move.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Various Files in different directories on my larger TB drive over the course of a couple days all of a sudden have become unusable Some of them are PSDs others are zips FLAs and other work files that I use frequently When I attempt to open a problematic PSD file it will open Photoshop but then freeze To an to Files on Internal when Several use, move are or them. freezing I Drive copy try the point in which even ending the process won't effect it Copying and trying to move a file also freezes explorer Canceling out of the process freezes the process window When I try to back up the file onto an external hard drive it freezes the backup program Goodsync and once again makes it impossible for it to close even using Task manager's process ender This is very worrying I'm not even sure the extent of problematic files on this drive They seem to have happened randomly to different files everywhere in this drive I have already defragmented the drive Problems Several Files on an Internal Drive are freezing when I try to use, copy or move them. continue I'm not sure how to solve it Would deeply appreciate any advice that can be given Thanks My Specs Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz MHz FSB MB Cache Motherboard nVidia i LT Core Quad By eVGA nForce i SLI A Revision RAM GB OCZ OCZ RPR GK Video XFX HD- A-ZWFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR OS Windows -bit

A:Several Files on an Internal Drive are freezing when I try to use, copy or move them.

Hi patach,

Try scanning your external hard-drive for errors using the diagnostics utility from the manufacturer's website of your hard-drive. Put the diagnostics utility program onto a bootable media(e.g. CD), follow the on-screen instructions, and scan your external hard-drive for any errors. May I ask, did this issue started happening recently? How old is that external hard-drive may I ask?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/several-files-on-an-internal-drive-are-freezing-when-i-try-to-use-copy-or-move-them-747577.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Its a Toshiba satellite L305-S5968
i tried safemode but tha wont work neither "last good
known configuration"By the way when i mean freezing i mean tha every time when it would startup i open up a program like features and programs are task
manager it would freeze and it did tha every time i would do a rebooted with the butten . Its so bad tha i took the hdd out and used a usb to sata cable plugged it too my computer and ran malwarebytes/superantispyware and they both found a few things and now im about to run error checking unless i get different advised.

I think is the HDD

Thansk in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402827/it-started-freezing-now-instead-of-going-into-desktop-it-just-goes-black-but-i-can-movesee-my-mouse/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so I just bought a new TB seagate free agent pro external harddrive The purpose of me buying it is because freezing one is move media when trying harddrive to to computer external another from i have a GB my book external hard drive now that is full and need more space On my GB I have about photos songs and about avi files When I would tranfer the photos and music to my new hard drive its fine but as soon as I try to copy my home videos avi s my computer screen freezes So i computer is freezing when trying to move media from one external harddrive to another thought it was my new computer is freezing when trying to move media from one external harddrive to another drive so i returned it And computer is freezing when trying to move media from one external harddrive to another now i bought a TB western digital my book thinking that would solve the problem so i get home and after about hours of it transfering my computer freezes again Why is my computer freezing when im trying to transfer from external hardrive to another recently my uncle brought over a brand new simplegate TB external hardrive because he wanted a bunch of our family photos and home videos it copied about GB with no problems all connections are USB my old GB where all my other data is seems perfectly fine Reads and writes play music off it watch movies off it streams fine to my ps im not having any other problems other then when im trying to transfer everything to the new hard drive PLEASE HELP OH AND EVEN THOUGHT MY COMPUTER IS FROZEN BOTH EXTERNAL HARDRIVE ACTIVITY LIGHT ARE GOING SO THERE ACTING LIKE THERE STILL WORKING EVEN THOUGHT MY COMPUTER IS FROZEN THANKS IN ADVACE TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IAN nbsp

A:computer is freezing when trying to move media from one external harddrive to another

Try moving a smaller amount of files at a time. It may take longer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-freezing-when-trying-to-move-media-from-one-external-harddrive-to-another.736333/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, Ive tried out FF portable on a USB flash drive, and now would like to move it from my USB flash drive to my
computers HDD , is there an easy and simple way to do this , that would cause no moving problems..?

Many Thanks Mypenry

A:Move Firefox From Usb To Computer

IMO, Firefox Portable is strictly a portable application.If you want to use the Local version of Firefox, you will have to download a copy onto your HD.Try your question in the Firefox Portable Forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107479/move-firefox-from-usb-to-computer/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi
I'm wanting to move ffox's cache off my SSD to my HDD, Firefox version 16.0.1, tried one solution i found on google and didn't work,(maybe to old?? or for a old rev of FF)
Cheers peeps!
Antz

A:How do i move firefox's cache off my ssd?

Go to Index page • mozillaZine Forums ; in the search box, enter "move cache".

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/258341-how-do-i-move-firefoxs-cache-off-my-ssd.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently moved my FF cache to memory using the instructions here you cache RAM/off your your SSD? into move Did Firefox SSD owners Set Firefox to memory cache instead of disk I did this in light of minimizing writes to the SSD in Did you move your Firefox cache into RAM/off your SSD? order to prolong its life However I'm not really convinced as to whether or not it really has an impact on the life of the drive I Did you move your Firefox cache into RAM/off your SSD? believe this optimization was done several versions of Firefox ago and I'm not sure it's still relevant considering I was reading up on a Mozilla dev support site from a while back and they stated they were going to implement better caching into memory in future builds so that users didn't have to make this manual change to benefit from it My question is have any of you moved your cache off SSD If so is it to RAM or another drive I considered just moving it to another drive but am trying the move to RAM currently I have noticed a bit of a slowdown after doing so in rendering pages which was also mentioned might happen if you do this but can't tell if it's just in my head or not

A:Did you move your Firefox cache into RAM/off your SSD?

I have moved my Firefox cache to a spinning drive, purely to reduce writes to the SSD.

Probably silly, pointless, and a gross over-reaction.

I don't notice any performance impact.

I wasn't aware of "memory cache". I'm still on Firefox 5.0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/212808-did-you-move-your-firefox-cache-into-ram-off-your-ssd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

First, owing to my own ignorance and arrogance, I completely hosed my main user account. I created another one which is able to run my programs.

I want to move my Firefox profile from my old user to my new user. I went to the Mozilla support site but either I didn't understand or the info was wrong. According to those instructions I created a new profile in the new user and then copied the profile from olduser\Roaming\Mozilla\Profiles to newuser\Roaming\Mozilla\Profiles. According to what I read, this was to solve the issue. Not. Obviously there is a lot I don't understand.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:How to move a Firefox profile to new user?

I've seen people link to a program called Mozbackup that does exactly what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/111304-how-move-firefox-profile-new-user.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok i know its not an overheating issue Computer freezing randomly, locking and cannot screens move mouse, blue up because i have been Computer locking up randomly, freezing and cannot move mouse, blue screens monitoring the heat on my cpu and motherboard the freezing and rebooting varies from barely doing anything on my computer at all to having multiple programs games skype etc open i have had all this open and ran fine Computer locking up randomly, freezing and cannot move mouse, blue screens for ages ive had barely anything open and had it run for ages It is really anoying gone through disks because burning has failed due to computer freezing and having to reboot just got a blue screen and restarted in safe mode and got this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP BCP B BCP BCP FFFFF FFA CE OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kody AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I am running windows home edition bit all help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Computer locking up randomly, freezing and cannot move mouse, blue screens

I have a Gigabyte Intel Socket 1156 GA-P55A-UD3R Motherboard

GeForce GTX 465 Graphic Card

(2x2gig corsair ram)

(1.5 tb seagate harddrive)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

Ran Driver Detective (free scan)

It's saying 13 System devices out of date.

(12) Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3B42

Intel(R) 5 series/3400 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller - 3B30

Universal Serial Bus controllers out of date: 1

NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller

Can anyone please help?

(POST EDIT: Currently taken both ram out and lightly rubbed eraser on the gold strips and put 1 back in and left one out no crashes for now)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-locking-up-randomly-freezing-and-cannot-move-mouse-blue-screens.150538/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I Media Player Crashes fox.com on Firefox Move have tried to watch full episodes at fox com and have downloaded their move networks media player to do so However Firefox crashes either after the opening commercial or the player plays the show until the the first commercial after a few minutes and then crashes Then the Mozilla Crash Reporter box comes up saying Firefox has crashed and gives the option to restart Move Media Player Crashes Firefox on fox.com or quit I usually pick restart and if I ask it to restore previous session firefox immediately crashes again if I ask it to start a new session Firefox opens up without a problem Other web forums such as mozilla s mention the problem and I saw that this forum had a closed thread from last October on the same topic but none of the recommendations worked for me Some suggestions I have tried are uninstall and reinstall the Move Networks Media Player uninstall and reinstall Java uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player make sure I have the latest version of Firefox make sure Firefox allows cookies and ads from fox com and clear the browsing history cache temp files I don t see that my firewall is blocking the player Nor does my Spyware Anti-Virus show anything being blocked I have also tried using Internet Explorer but to no avail It s been extremely frustrating to say the least All I wanted to do was chill and watch a show Instead I got this mess Oh well Between school and work I don t have any more time to spend trying to figure it out so if anyone has any clues I d be very grateful Thanks again for any help on this J B P S I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium bit I could provide a list of Add ons if that would help Here are the details of the crash from the Mozilla Crash Reporter Add-ons b db a - edc- ec-a f -b ed d b d - c - f-a f -b f a email protected B C -F - -B E - A FED CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA ce c - e - -a - ce fd BuildID CrashTime Email email protected InstallTime ProductName Firefox SecondsSinceLastCrash StartupTime Theme classic URL http www fox com fod play php sh lietome amp src menu item full episodes UserID e bbb - - b -a b- fef b f e Vendor Mozilla Version Thanks nbsp

A:Move Media Player Crashes Firefox on fox.com

Identical frustration, just wanted to watch the latest Fox Terminator:Sarah but after an hour of trying every thing in the book, their "new media player, the greatest in the world" would not perform for me. I went to bed wound up tight as a drum as a result and very ticked.

Today, I discovered HULU. Heaven! No muss, no fuss. Enjoyed Fringe too. All kinds of FULL EPS. No player download, no registration needed. It just worked perfect, full screen and all, stereo too. I only have 256M ram - still no problem. I loved it.
Hope this helps you and other sufferering victims of the new Fox media player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-media-player-crashes-firefox-on-fox-com.797029/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have my Firefox browser set up just the way I like it and now have to buy new computer. Is there any way of moving the whole thing to a new machine? Or would you advise just starting over?

Thanks
adam

Relevancy 47.73%

Meet my Computer

PROCESSOR
Intel? Core? i5-2500K Processor (up to 3.7 Ghz)
VIDEO
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB
MEMORY
16 GB (2 x 8 GB) Geil EVO Veloce DDR3 1600 RAM
STORAGE
120 GB SP MLC SSD (Toggle NAND)
3 TB Western Digital Green HDD
SOFTWARE
Windows 7 64-bit
THE REST
ASRock z77 Extreme 3 motherboard
Coolermaster Centurion 5 mid-tower case
Thermaltake TR2 TR-500 500W power supply
Zalman CNPS5X CPU cooler

I've run burnin tests, which did not discover any issues with my computer. I've been monitoring temperatures while gaming and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

Is it possible that I need to up the PSU?

A:Computer Freezing: Screen Locks, Cursor does not move but the mouse power stays on.

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

It most certainly could be the PSU.

What is the 12V, 3.3V, 5V, and VCORE voltages within the BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezing-screen-locks-cursor-does-not-move-but-the-mouse-power-stays-on-1027434.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I don't know what else to say other than my computer has been freezing and firefox has been freezing Computer freezing firefox freezing, lately I called the manufacturer and he said to restore windows to factory settings so I did that Things were great for a week or so but recently my computer has begun freezing again It happens pretty frequently Firefox will also freeze when trying to get it to do very little work like loading two tabs simultaneously e g My AVS found a suspicious file recently and quarantined it but still Computer freezing, firefox freezing the freezing has continued Please advise And I do not think that I have a Boot CD DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Carly Mergens at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security Disabled Outdated F AC- AA - D- C- E E AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Trend Micro Internet Security Disabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system FBAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemonu exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeck exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound Control Panel SRSPremiumPanel exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows AsScrPro exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Windows sy... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezing-firefox-freezing-554411.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to watch tv episodes on www.cwtv.com. It requires move media player. I have a dell inspiron laptop running vista. I have tried all the things mentioned on any site that I could find where people had problems with move media player. I can watch tv episodes on abc.com, fox.com, espn.com, but not cwtv. I believe these sites also use move media player based on what other threads have indicated. I don't know what else to try. I have uninstalled/reinstalled move. I have turned off ad blockers. If someone can help me solve this I would really appreciate it.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
I have been using Truecrypt for a while now. Got to thinking that my email is only protected by being hidden, probably as well as Firefox Data. Is it a good idea to move the storage locations to an encrypted disk and if so what would be a surefire way to do it safely and correctly? Thanks as always for your help!
Glenn

A:How to move Thunderbird/Firefox profiles to Truecrypt Drive properly?

I see no problem by moving storage location to an encrypted volume.
But after that, every time before you start the software which have their storage folders in encrypted volume - you have to mount encrypted volume first. Because if disk will be unmounted then access will be denied (no file system).

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/290901-how-move-thunderbird-firefox-profiles-truecrypt-drive-properly.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Thank you for anybody taking time to help strangers like me to fix their PC. You are amazing!
I am pretty sure you get this problem a lot. I am very sure I have infected windows XP Pro. When I open firefox and goggle for anything, then click on it, it almost always takes me to a blank page with a sentence in a left corner that says "Object move to here" and here is a link. If it doesn't do that it takes me to a random site. The way I go around it now is to click on the link itself and hit enter, than it takes me to the correct site.

I have installed: AVG 2011, SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition, Malwarebytes
I also have a folder with these programs in it: Hijackthis, Autoruns, Autorunsc, avgremover, CClener,ComboFix, FixEye, fixtm, MCPR, WinsockxpFix

Thanks ahead!

David

A:"Object move to here" firefox redirection of every page. Suspecting infection.

Have you ran Combofix, CCleaner, and HiJackThis?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403898/object-move-to-here-firefox-redirection-of-every-page-suspecting-infection/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys - first, thanks for being here!

I have what sounds like the same problem others in this forum have = malware appeared on the computer last Friday, 93 IE windows appeared even when we were using Firefox.

tried to get it off via a download of Norton 360 (should have read here first!!!!). managed to run norton 360 a couple of times and remove some adware (digi-something, and ad-something), but then IE refused to access any internet sites directly. de-installed Norton, but no change in the behavior.

now I can't get to any internet sites, so I would appreciate guidance on how to get ahold of combifix some way other than "going to their site", so I can get started on cleaning up my machine.

I can still get to gmail and google via Firefox, but only via "most frequently used" option - cannot move off of google main page or gmail.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

A:Similar problem to others mentioned - IE and FireFox cannot move off of home page

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Quote:

now I can't get to any internet sites, so I would appreciate guidance on how to get ahold of combifix some way other than "going to their site"

Quote:

Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset

As stated by the author of ComboFix:

ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.

We first need to verify if there's any rootkits present and how they could affect our tools. DDS & GMER are preliminary scans. We use their logs to map our strategy for attack.

With these logs we can determine the infections present & decide whether to deploy ComboFix.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/similar-problem-to-others-mentioned-ie-and-firefox-cannot-move-off-of-home-page-361589.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This is an interesting surprise from Mozilla.
Just recently I switched from 32-bit ESR to 64-bit ESR and so far I like it. Haven't had any problems.
I have used Cyberfox and Pale Moon 64-bit versions which have been available for some time, but the official stable 64-bit Firefox is less than a year from its initial release.

Mozilla Reveals its Firefox 64-bit for Windows plan
http://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/23/mozilla-reveals-its-firefox-64-bit-for-windows-plan/

Upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit is very easy and downgrading from 64 to 32 follows the same process.
http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/23/how-to-upgrade-firefox-32-bit-to-64-bit/

The download page for the Extended Support Release (ESR) is here:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

=

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/mozilla-plans-move-to-64-bit-firefox-default-install-for-64-bit-windows.309170/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All.  I have a small problem with Firefox in that it freezes for a moment or two then resets itself.  I also get an Error messege saying firefox not responding
I have a good startup, the PC funtions perfectlly, it just freezes.  The error messege also happens whith IE. Any ideas would be welcome

A:firefox freezing

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508603/firefox-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

My boss' computer at work has some kind of funny lag and freezing happening but only with two lag Firefox / freezing sites foxnews com and facebook Flash and Java have both been updated and the only other plugins extensions installed are NoScript Ad block plus and quicktime I've tried disabling all his plugins and extensions and still get the same results Whenever a link is clicked on either site the Firefox lag / freezing browser hangs for - seconds before finally loading the new page The loading animation starts and then freezes It's an Intel dual core ghz cpu with GB RAM running Windows The only thing I can think of is he might need to upgrade his RAM but I don't want to go out and spend for GB of RAM if anybody has any other suggestions besides switching to a different browser I actually haven't checked to see how IE or Chrome work on his computer but I've finally gotten him used to Firefox and his girlfriend can't seem to keep the computer Firefox lag / freezing from becoming infected if IE is available I've deleted all the shortcuts to it I've run scans with Malwarebytes and AVG and both come up clean everytime for the last two months and Malwarebyte's logs show nothing during it's normal schedule scans I've tried numerous tweaks for firefox to try to limit the amount of RAM it's using but it still ends up around MB after just a few minutes of browsing Any ideas Edit Moved topic from Web Browsing Email and Other Internet Applications to the more appropriate forum by request Animal

A:Firefox lag / freezing

G'day Trakeen,

Please start by Resetting FireFox.....instructions HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531615/firefox-lag-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

I will try to summarize my problem as efficiently as possible About a is Firefox freezing week ago my computer started giving me problems specifically in Firefox when I type in an input box Also anytime I would go to a site it would load then pause and the site shows up Firefox is freezing As I just mentioned when I type in an input box such as the search bar for google or a username and password field after I press the first key the browser freezes sometimes stops responding for a brief moment and then continues normally I talked with a few people and ran some basic memory tests using memtest which found no errors however Firefox is freezing windows memory diagnostic does say there are hardware errors I ran malwarebytes which gave me a couple of entries that could be problems one i would rather not mention this site and the other for anydvd I decided to fix the problems and after the reboot Vista would not load I used recovery mode console to do bootfix fixboot and rebooted I then got a bluescreen followed by a reboot and again used recovery mode to do a startup repair Eventually I was able to get Vista to load but the problem with using firefox still remains After looking around and posting on another forum someone directed me to combofix which unfortunately I could not get to run either in recovery mode via console or in windows environment I am now in the process of running Kaspersky online scanner System specs are Vista Ultimate x Intel E OC to GHZ gb PC OCZ x gb Seagate SATA HDD DFI Lanparty Motherboard EVGA GTX Video Card w PSU Thanks for the help in advance I appreciate any advice and or suggestions

A:Firefox is freezing

Do not use Combofix unless under the supervision of a HJT team member----------------------Welcome to BC.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184202/firefox-is-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

Whenever I try to get to a website through my favorites in Firefox it always tends to freeze regardless of what site I go to even this one It's kinda odd since this has never happened to freezing Firefox me before until recently a couple weeks ago when I noticed I could sometimes not get to Youtube And because of it freezing I have to go to my Task Manager and end the process through that I think I can x out of it but with the usual quot Not Responding quot message that comes up and asks you if you want to terminate of course this tends to take longer I can get to sites just fine if I type in the websites but it's kind of a pain to have to remember every single site in Firefox freezing terms of trying to remember which is org com net etc So far it's only through favorites that I notice this happening Also the bookmarks tab in the menu bar works fine as Firefox freezing well It's the bookmarks display tab thingy that opens up a menu on the left side of the Firefox freezing screen that's glitchy I'll look around on it to see what else causes it to freeze Help is appreciated P S If you need a visual representation because my worded description sucks I can give that as well I can whip up what I'm trying to say in about minutes tops

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291339/firefox-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a problem with my IE 6.0 and Firefox recently.
On any website which has a password box, after I input anything in the password box, then when I press submit button, IE will be freezing, it happens to Firefox also. I scanned my PC with avira ant-virus, Eset nod32 anti-virus, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, I also did windows update, but I still can't fix this problem. The wire thing is I installed Google chrome, and so far it doesn't have this problem.
(I even made a new HTML page which only includes a password box and a submit button, and tested it, the same problem happened)
My operating system is Windows XP sp3, IE6.0 and Firefox 3.60
Because a program in my PC needs IE6.0, I can't upgrade it to IE8.0.

A:Please help me, my IE and Firefox are freezing

Oh, I ever installed IE7 and IE8, and uninstalled them because one program in my PC can't work with IE7 or IE8.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-me-my-ie-and-firefox-are-freezing-467057.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a new bit HP desktop with Intel i Firefox 64 box bit on freezing technology running Vista Home Premium SP It came with Internet Explorer and bit versions Well I m a Firefox fan so I installed it Firefox freezing on 64 bit box thinking the box should run bit apps It did for a few minutes then promptly froze the machine to the point of having to hold down the power button until the box turned off No other way out no combination of keystrokes or any other input device would work I mentioned this to a friend at work and he said that he d had a similar experience with his bit laptop but running bit Vista After Firefox freezing on 64 bit box uninstalling Firefox he ended up doing a Regedit search for firefox and deleted the entries then went back to IE and that seemed to work for a while He still has random problems with IE hanging up the spinning quot busy circle quot but he doesn t have to quot jerk the plug out of the wall quot to get back online but a reboot is necessary He updated to IE and that seemed to work for a while but it didn t last I did the same thing on my bit box and am having the same results I also did a clean up with Ccleaner but apparently there is something else going on I m thinking that I will probably have to re-install windows and do the updates over again Has any one heard of this I thought I was quot future proofing quot myself by getting bit but I may have quot present proofed quot myself for a while I have subsequently read where Mozilla has no plans to support bit at least until version is out I have also read that some have been running Firefox on bit machines with no problem I don t know what the real story is Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Firefox freezing on 64 bit box

I know quite a few people who have had trouble with their browser addons causing stability issues in vista 64. ( AVG in particular)

Try running your browser with add ons disabled.

I did run firefox on this setup (vista 64) for a couple of weeks with no problems, but prefer internet explorer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-freezing-on-64-bit-box.129294/
Relevancy 43.43%

hey hey im having issues with my firefox and am looking for help. I open up my facebook page and it stops loading halfway thru and I have to ctrl alt delete to get out of it. I have run anti virus, malwarebytes and ccleaner... still nothing...please help

A:firefox keeps freezing

Have you tried using Safe Mode Firefox?Firefox's safe mode feature is used for troubleshooting purposes by allowing you to temporarily disable all the custom settings, themes and extensions. There are also options to make them permanent or reset all preferences to default.Safe Mode FirefoxSafe Mode debugging startup mode in FirefoxStandard diagnostic - FirefoxResetting preferences using Firefox Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494442/firefox-keeps-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

everytime i open a new window in firefox the whole computer freezes for a bout a minute then i goes along like normal untill i open another window it just started freezing firefox this last time i turned on my computer and i cant figure it out it doesnt matter if i open a window manually or firefox freezing the link i go to opens it self in a new window it just freezes if i try to close the window before it unfreezes then it says i have an error and it ends firefox heres my hijackthis log but i didnt see anything out of the ordanary Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT firefox freezing system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bret Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www thedieselstop com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO WgBHO Class - E D-B - E -B F - AA E BA - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorun O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item Download all by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlall htm O - Extra context menu item Download by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dllink htm O - Extra context menu item Download selected by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlselected htm O - Extra context menu item Download web site by Free Download Manager - file C Program Files Free Download Manager dlpage htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINNT system Ati evxx exe file missing O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe nbsp

A:firefox freezing

hi, welcome to TSG.
Save hijack this to it's own folder such as c:\ hijack this so that it runs
properly and can make back ups. Click scan then save the log
and post it here so we can take a look at it for you.

your log looks clean apart from this entry. Have hijack this fix it.

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)

try running these tools see if it helps, but you may have to uninstall Firefox and reinstall it. you can save your bookmarks before uninstalling firefox if the cleaning up doesn't help and then import them back into firefox when you reinstall it?
go to this site and download these tools and once you get both
adaware and spybot, update both of them.

Set adaware to do a full system scan and deselect, "search for neglible risk entries".
Click next to start the scan.Delete everything adaware finds.

reboot and now run spybot

Spybot: Search and destroy.

Delete what spybot finds marked in red. After updating spybot hit the immunize
button.

reboot again
With CWshredder close all browsers and programmes and select the FIX button.

Go here and download Microsoft Antispyware Beta. First in the top menu click File then Check for updates to download the definitons updates.

After updating look in the right side of the main window under "Run Quick Scan Now" and click Spyware scan options. In that window put a tick by Run a full system scan and then put a check by all three options below that then click Run Scan now.

When the scan is finished, let it fix anything that it finds (have it quarantine the items that have that option rather than delete just in case. It is a beta program and there may be false positives)

Restart your computer.

All tools can be downloaded at the link below!

. Microsoft Antispyware Beta
. cwshredder
. AdAware

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

khaz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-freezing.350131/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just finished getting helped by Ried and I had thought the problem was resolved but apparently something is still going on.

AIM takes a few seconds to display the text that I type on the screen and just froze my entire computer for 8 minutes. Also, firefox freezes for a second for no reason. Say, I'm streaming from Netflix in one tab and then I click on the other tab to check my email or post this, the video pauses for a second or two each time. Something is going on. Sorry to be such a bother. Let me know what tests I need to run.

A:AIM/Firefox Freezing

Hello Ben,

Post new logs again please. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/aim-firefox-freezing-431113.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Recently Firefox has started to freeze up. I am using 3.6.2 since one of my iGoogle gadgets wont work with newer versions of Firefox in my desktop PC. I have tried and had to go back to 3.6.2 to get one of them to work. Until just recently I never had this problem. The gadget will work with Firefox 4 in my HP laptop though, go figure that one. I noticed just yesterday that Safari also froze up, this is the first time I noticed that one. Now I donít normally use any other browser than Firefox. Is this maybe a Win 7 problem? I also found that if it freezes you can go to bookmarks and go to a different web site and it will do that and then you can close it. If you donít do that you have to go to Task Manager to close it.

Win 7 Home Prem
AmMD Athlon II X 3 445
TB HD
4 GB Ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-freezing.991351/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello again I have another problem freezing... Firefox I can't solve My browser Firefox is freezing The other day not sure if they are related Firefox updated to the latest version nothing seemed out of the ordinary when it updated About the second time I opened Firefox after the update my AV program Comodo started going nuts it said something about firefox trying to directly access my keyboard so I told it to block it I have never seen that before after that another warning popped up about a global hook trying to install again from Firefox as I have never seen that before I had Comodo block that also and finally another warning popped up which I do not recall exactly what it was about so I blocked that also then the feezing started to happen On many of the sites I visit Firefox will feeze for about - seconds Firefox freezing... and it's not an internet speed thing the entire program computer freezes and I am now getting a notifacation forom MBAM every time I open Firefox that it is blocking an incomming connection from Firefox freezing... firefox and that is new as MBAM when it blockes something usually blocks an outgoing connection this is the first time I have seen it blocking an incomming connection What I have done to find the culprite Full Comodo scan - Clean Full MBAM scan - Clean Hitman pro scan - Clean MBAR scan - Clean Yes I get the warning when I open it about possible rootkit activity I say no because I don't know aswMBR scan - Clean I think TDSSKiller scan default settings - Clean adwcleaner - Found file sorry don't remember the exact name cleaned it I can't seem to find anything but MBAM is still blocking something when I open Firefox and it freezes can you help me figure out what is happening Thank you

A:Firefox freezing...

Hello CascaLonginus Welcome to The Forums!!Around here they call me Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I need to get some reports to get a base to start from so I need you to run these programs first.-DeFogger-Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool.The application window will appearClick the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation driversClick Yes to continueA 'Finished!' message will appearClick OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-Download DDS-Please download DDS from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:DDS.txtAttach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logsIn your next post I need the followingboth reports from DDSreport from security checklet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486408/firefox-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

I've had a problem with Firefox freezing up for a while I noticed it only seemed to happen when normal ie Adchoices ads on websites came up The browser will go into Not responding I didn't think a lot of it and just knew when it Firefox Up Freezing would happen It would only last a second or and then it would go away without a problem Well I got help cleaning out a virus a couple weeks ago and ever since then I've noticed the freezing seems worse As a second possibly related problem I've noticed now video playing seems to freeze up Youtube as an example A video will be playing then all the sudden the movement stops but the sound plays as normal When the movement starts up again the video will fast forward into the right spot and keep going There's now rhyme or reason as to when it will do it It's totally random This video issue DOESN'T Firefox Freezing Up go into Not Responding If I wasn't watching it I really wouldn't even know it was happening Note Firefox is the only browser I use so maybe it's just a Firefox issue maybe not Any suggestions

A:Firefox Freezing Up

I use Firefox as my primary browser too.

How many plugins do you have installed?
It could be that one of them may be out of date

It could be a bad connection to the internet.
I have had Firefox drop on occasion when my comcast drops out

Since you had problems with a virus, have you reinstalled Firefox?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619518/firefox-freezing-up/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello there, I am hoping that someone here can aid me as this is very frustrating!!

I have been using firefox for the longest time, and just about a week or so ago it began to continually have the start page open every new window.
From there, when I began to use the Google bar on the top right, it will freeze the whole PC!!!
I have reinstalled it (not leaving any files, passwords, etc. behind) now 2+ times, and still it freezes.

I have also went through my Add-ons.

I have now also tried using Google Chrome, and the same thing happens!!

In regards to viruses, I have ran Maleware-Bytes, Spybot- Search & Destroy & AVG 9.0 and all have found nothing.

What in the Wide World of Sports is causing the Crashes??

A:Firefox Freezing ...

Do you have the same problem in IE?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274885/firefox-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all,

It is already few weeks when Firefox start freezing for about 5 seconds on my computer. In this case, Firefox does not react at all, even I can not cancel it by clicking on the X. This happens mostly when opening new website. In the same time when this occurs the rest of the programs are running just normal.

Anyone knows something about this?

Best regards,

Anne

A:Firefox freezing

hi anne could you try starting firefox with the add ons disabled to rule out an add on problem

in firefox click help then click restart with add ons disabled.
here are a few links to have a look at as its now late in the UK.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...not-responding

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...o-fix-problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/285516-firefox-freezing.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys.

I'm really getting sick of how slow Firefox is. I've been a long time Firefox user but I don't know if I can take it anymore. There's times where it runs good but recently, it just freezes constantly and I can't type on websites without constant lag. Yes, I usually have quite a few programs open but I have 16gb of ram and a AMD FX 8350 cpu (watercooled) on a Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard along with SSD for my drives.

Firefox run's usually around 180,000k - 240,000k but can go as high as 300,000k - 350,000k accordingly to Task Manager. I have quite a few programs that run higher than that and perform better.

Any personal experiences like this with Firefox and solutions? Maybe common issues?
Please try to avoid just posting links with a long list of troubleshooting steps, I've went through quite a few of them.

A:Firefox Always Freezing

Beyond the standard reply to make sure that you're running the latest version of Firefox with your  plug ins updated to the most recent available it's a little difficult to make any kind of blanket suggestion that will work in every situation because my changes would only apply running the same extensions which is highly unlikely.

After asking on several forums the reply was almost always to fo through everything on this list paying special attention to the steps to concerning Firefox running slow and Hanging on certain sites:

Troubleshooting Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/fix-problems

Running slow: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-slow-how-make-it-faster
Not Responding/Hanging: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-hangs-or-not-responding

Outside the other steps listed on troubleshooting Firefox you can tweak it further by restarting in Safe Mode and then activating each extension individually to see which might be the biggest culprit to your overall issues: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

Hopefully with a little time you'll have it tuned to where it's best overall

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597574/firefox-always-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

Every time i get on Firefox lately it freezes up...Any clues as to why? My computer is also noisy...well like its thinking.... a lot!!

A:Firefox freezing up

Please get crash IDs.Place in the address bar the following:about:crashesI need the full number of the report ID that looks like this for example:c2x5241b-76x6-42xx-b489-5e2xx2090402

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217695/firefox-freezing-up/
Relevancy 43.43%

I will try to summarize my problem as efficiently as possible About a week ago my computer started giving me problems specifically in Firefox when I type in an input box Also anytime I would go to a site it would load then pause and the site shows up As I just Firefox freezing is mentioned when I type in an input box such as the search bar for google or a username and password field after I press the first key the browser freezes sometimes stops responding for a brief moment and then continues normally I talked with a few people and ran some basic memory tests using memtest which found no errors however windows memory diagnostic does say there are hardware errors I ran malwarebytes which gave me a couple of entries that could be problems one i would Firefox is freezing rather not mention this site and the other for anydvd I decided to fix the problems and after the reboot Vista would not load I used recovery mode console to do bootfix fixboot and rebooted I then got a bluescreen followed by a reboot and again used recovery mode to do a startup repair Eventually I was able to get Vista to load but the problem with using firefox still remains After looking around and Firefox is freezing posting on another forum someone directed me to combofix which unfortunately I could not get to run either in recovery mode via console or in windows environment I am now in the process of running Kaspersky online scanner System specs are Vista Ultimate x Intel E OC to GHZ gb PC OCZ x gb Seagate SATA HDD DFI Lanparty Motherboard EVGA GTX Video Card w PSU Thanks for the help in advance I appreciate any advice and or suggestions

A:Firefox is freezing

Please don't run ComboFix without using the advice of an expert. Our anti-malware experts hang out here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/What type of infection was the unmentionable one? A trojan, a virus, adware, a cookie, etc?I'd suggest running the Memtest again, and this time let it run overnight.The problem sounds like a software problem, but the memory error in the Windows diagnostic is a concern. But, since your problems are limited to Firefox, I'd suspect that the memory test was a false reading.I would suggest going over to the Am I Infected forum ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ ) to check and see if this is a malware issue. If not, post back here and we'll work on the Windows issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184113/firefox-is-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

I've been a long time user of Firefox but just recently it has started to freeze up on some pages - mostly Java related pages - and require me to go into task manager end process and start it up again If I just exit out it gives me a notification that Firefox is already running when I start it again For now I've switched to IE though I detest the design and layout At freezing... keeps Firefox least it works consistently and won't freeze I don't believe that it's a problem with my particular installation since I have pcs running XP and Vista that Firefox keeps freezing... both have the same problem on the same sites - and IE doesn't have a problem with the sites If there is a fix it would be very helpful For now I'm stuck with the craptacular IE For example this site works perfectly with IE but when Firefox keeps freezing... I try to go to it in Firefox I just get a blank white screen and nothing in firefox that has to do with browsing works Stop loading search bar history favorites Stuff like View gt Toolbars reacts when I click but no menu comes up either Essentially frozen

A:Firefox keeps freezing...

I've just viewed your link in Firefox and it works fine. The 6 java applets are hidden because I use the NoScript addon to block javascripts, but nothing unusual apart from that.

Have you tried creating a new Firefox profile or running in Firefox Safe Mode? (not Windows Safe Mode )

Which version of java do you have installed? Have you tested it? http://www.javatester.org/version.html

EDIT: When I set NoScript to allow java for 'northpark.edu', the screen stays white and crashes Firefox. I also noticed it prevents my mouse wheel from scrolling, so it might be a problem with the site/code. File/Exit and the 'X' Close button don't work now so I had to close Firefox using Task Manager.

Did you create this webpage and the java applets?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-keeps-freezing-222260.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hiim having problems with firefox.. when i browse the net it is ok.. but when i check my e-mail mostly yahoo, msn , sometimes facebook games.. firefox freezes up. i tryed to fix it up self .. tryed to uninstall it..& reinstall it. plus removed all customs things like bookmarks. etc.. i forgot what else it saids when you uninstall it.. right now im using Google Chrome Browser bcuz of firefox & IE are both doing the samething.. anyone have any ideas what i can do to fix this? (firefox)

A:FireFox Freezing Help?

What are your PC specs? Are you running firefox 4beta, or 3.6.X stable? Have you tried Firefox in safe mode(no addons?)Something else to try, if you've tried firefox in safe mode, is to uninstall and reinstall Flash player. Uninstall from add/remove programs, disable in firefox's "addon" area and then download from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340170/firefox-freezing-help/
Relevancy 43.43%

I think I might have some kind of malware or something. My Firefox browser seems to freeze up every thirty minutes or so for 10-15 seconds. I then get a popup saying that there is a problem with Dell support center and it needs to close down. Otherwise everything seems to be working okay. I've run Avast antivirus and Malwarebyte's anti-malware and both have come up clean. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Also, now I'm having issues with youtube. Every time I play a video I get a popup saying "Error:BVDcore.videoFormats is undefined"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-freezing-up.1009812/
Relevancy 43.43%

Having freezing on Firefox keeps me issues recently even before updates Now firefox freezes and becomes unresponsive and sometimes it takes about - minutes before it unfreezes then within minutes it happens again Wondering if somehow my firefox is compromised here is my HiJackThis report thanks Vera Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Firefox keeps freezing on me Program Files x Lenovo Onekey Theater OnekeySupport exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared Files brs exe C Program Files x Lenovo YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files x Lenovo VeriFace PManage exe C Program Files x IncrediMail Bin IncMail exe C Program Files x IncrediMail Bin ImApp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Vera Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http lenovo msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook IncrediMail MediaBar Toolbar - d b b -d b - d b-a d -dc c b c - C Program Files x IncrediMail MediaBar prxtbIncr dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Web Assistant Helper - D C - A - a-B D - C C - C Program Files Web Assistant Extension dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO IncrediMail MediaBar - d b b -d b - d b-a d -dc c b c - C Program Files x IncrediMail MediaBar prxtbIncr dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - Toolbar IncrediMail MediaBar Toolbar - d b b -d b - d b-a d -dc c b c - C Program Files x IncrediMail MediaBar prxtbIncr dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Appli... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

Started having problems yesterday both IE 7 and Firefox 2.0.0.1. They freeze up and I have
to shut them down using Task Manager. The IE gives a Buffer Overrun Detected message when
shutting down. The problem is intermittent. Am using PC Tools AntiVirus(found nothing), Spyware Doctor, and Zone Alarm. On a new Dell running XP.

Does anybody have any words of wisdom?

A:Ie 7 And Firefox Freezing

I have noticed that IE7 is slower than the old IE6 I was running. I went ahead and dowlnloaed it as part of my recommended updates, now I wish I hadn't? I wonder if there is any way I can retrieve my old version 6 instead of using my version 7?
Thanks, Tom.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78355/ie-7-and-firefox-freezing/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am also a long time user of Firefox and it has just started freezing on launch to Google as well as Yahoo. I reinstalled (Not a complete clean) which didn't work BUT turning the modem off then on did clear it for a time then it froze again - this time on a pop up.

Any reason why the restart of the modem would work? Aa I am not a technical computer user I feel I just may have to continue resorting to Explorer whcih keeps working even when FF doesn't.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Firefox freezing

Could be a problem with an Add-on.
Try running in Firefox safe mode to temporarily disable all Add-ons.
Start>Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
If the problem disappears, re-enable the Add-ons one at a time until you find the culprit.
T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-freezing-251018.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My firefox keeps freezing whenever I try to clean the private data. Any ideas on what I can do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-keeps-freezing-343957.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello people I ve recently noticed a problem when downloading anything on Firefox While the downloads themselves go smoothly the problem is when I try to check the status or even use the Firefox Downloads Firefox Freezing Up download box at all When a download starts the download box freezes up which in turn freezes up my Firefox browser It takes a minute or two to un-freezeThat s not all whenever I try to open the download box or if it s already open amp I click on anything in it it freezesBefore I was getting the quot Java script won t work quot or something like that message I turned off the Java script to no avail I added to the numbers of how long to give java amp then put in zero also to no avail I don t get those java script messages anymore but the download box still freezes I basically can t use itAny idea s about what s going on Thank you in advanceEdit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Firefox Downloads Freezing Up

Its most likely you need to reinstall your browser and java plugins but make sure to save your bookmarks page.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447361/firefox-downloads-freezing-up/
Relevancy 43%

I can open Firefox with no problem, use forums, wikipedia... anything with text and images... but if I try to watch a video on youtube or hulu, or if I try to play a game online, the window freezes. Occasionally, the window will turn completely white.
If I ctrl alt delete and end the firefox process, I can go back to using my computer... I can even successfully reopen firefox... but the moment I try to view a video again, I get this problem.

My Windows Media Player works just fine, and I'm able to play games offline.

I ran a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan, and it came up clean.

Please help!

Thanks.

A:Firefox keeps freezing/"Not Responding"

I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Flash addon for Firefox. It could be corrupted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264043/firefox-keeps-freezingnot-responding/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, my firefox keeps freezing my computer. To the point in most cases where the task manager will not open and even when task manager does open it is unable to shut it down.
I am also unable to restart, shut down or even log out when it is frozen, non of those works. I have had to power off my computer for it to work again and if i open firefox again same thing happens after a while.
Any help or advise will be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Firefox 4.0 keeps freezing my computer

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388080/firefox-40-keeps-freezing-my-computer/
Relevancy 43%

Sigh. I use Firefox, but the pop-ups kept on coming up in Internet Explorer, and now it's gotten to the point where Firefox doesn't even connect anymore. Weird; I've done BitDefender scans, Spybot Search+Destroy and Ad-Aware scans, but it doesn't seem to marr the problem. Here is my HijackThis file -- and thank you SO MUCH in advanced!

A:Pop-ups, Freezing, Firefox Not Working.

Hello Telekinetic,Welcome back to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120119/pop-ups-freezing-firefox-not-working/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,  My computer seems to run slowly, and frequently will freeze while using browsers.  Initally did so in firefox (most often used), but when tried chrome and IE it also would freeze.  Waited at least 15 min without self-recovery- usually close browser, then reopen.  Sometimes works, sometimes not.  It seemed to occur more frequently after a microsoft update, and if we did system restore it would help for a little while, but now all attempts at system restore fail. 

I appreciate any help you can give!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514863/freezing-in-firefox-chrome-ie/
Relevancy 43%

I'm FireFox IE Crashing Freezing & having problems with IE freezing FireFox crashing and occasional pop ups Thanks for any help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Seth on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable success -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - System IE Freezing & FireFox Crashing Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Seth exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss IE Freezing & FireFox Crashing exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C CFusionMX runtime bin jrunsvc exe C CFusionMX db slserver bin swagent exe C CFusionMX runtime bin jrun exe C CFusionMX db slserver bin swstrtr exe C CFusionMX db slserver bin swsoc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe I Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Seth Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE DZJ GX D dss exe C Documents and Settings Seth Desktop dss exe C Documents and Settings Seth Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Seth exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blingo com src hp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - I Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - E E F-BA D-B A-B C - B FDAF - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ae - d -c - b - c e e b b - b b e e- c - b - c- d ea - C WINDOWS system csdapiod dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - I Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c quot C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DataLayer quot C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run Windows Defender q... Read more

Relevancy 43%

Hello friends Firefox Freezing, Most in Computer Often My problem is not unique but it is frustrating My computer is slowing down and then freezing usually in Firefox but also Computer Freezing, Most Often in Firefox in IE Even after closing Firefox my computer continues to run slow unless I restart My computer HP running Windows Professional Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GB RAM bit operating system What I've tried so far running my virus software Webroot running Malwarebytes free version cleaning computer vents clearing all cache and temporary file folders running disk defragmenter reducing the number of programs that start The problem occurs most commonly when I am in Facebook or Instagram or have several windows open at once in Firefox However my computer still runs slow even when I am doing simple surfing I did a quick perusal of your posts for similar situations but everybody seemed to be approaching the fix in different ways so thought I had better post my issue to get a clear starting point Thanks for your time John

A:Computer Freezing, Most Often in Firefox

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567252/computer-freezing-most-often-in-firefox/
Relevancy 43%

Here's my HJT log does anyone see anything that may be causing Firefox to freeze my computer It locks up the entire computer and I have to restart Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS ideas? freezing...any Firefox system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Firefox freezing...any ideas? System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Prevx PXAgent exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon Firefox freezing...any ideas? exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Mediafour MACVNTFY EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Christopher J Farrar Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - - C- B - - D FEC A - no file N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com bookmark home html quot C Documents and Settings Christopher J Farrar Application Data Mozilla Profiles default n torha slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Christopher J Farrar Application Data Mozilla Profiles default n torha slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA ASHAMP PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Malicious Scripts Scanner - EA -F E - D A-B B - B FCB - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Prevx pxbho dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - ae da e-be - - bb- c af - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - ebbe a- - -b b- ee be b - no file O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run MaxtorOneTouch C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Mediafour Mac Volume Notifications quot C Program Files Common Files Mediafour MACVNTFY EXE quot auto O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run AnyDVD C Program Files Sl... Read more

A:Firefox freezing...any ideas?

Not sure if this is related to Firefox issues, but I'd like you to run this tool.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.

Double-click smitfraudfix.exe to start the tool.
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"
and a text file will appear which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other option until you are directed to do so!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/firefox-freezing-any-ideas-129771.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys & Gals, This may be a bit rambly but bear with me!
Windows XP SP3. On the advice of Micro Mart I downloaded and installed Spyware Terminator, since then Firefox (V3.5.3) keeps freezing the pc up and it will not respond to control+alt+delete or any other keystrokes. I've tried to uninstall Spyware Terminator using its own uninstaller but get the Error Message: Failed to get version number of _shfoldr.dll. The same error message comes up when I use Windows uninstaller in the Control Panel.
I've tried System Restore to a point prior to installation but it fails to restore back. I'm using Google Chrome to access this forum. Can anybody tell me how to uninstall Spyware Terminator?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezing-whilst-using-firefox-424018.html
Relevancy 43%

Firefox stops during any operation (uploading, search,videos etc.) unless I keep moving the pointer around the screen. I have reinstalled it several times after going through the help suggestions, but to no avail. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem, and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

A:Firefox freezing during operations

Do you see the problem in Firefox browser only? Have you tried safemode with networking or disabling protection software?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558387/firefox-freezing-during-operations/
Relevancy 43%

Hi When watching youtube videos flash freezes the sound keeps playing but the video just freezes and also Firefox hangs for a moment and I am seeing CPU spikes to via Task Manager all processes however seem fine specs below for my older PC This also goes for IE oh thats FF im using Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name MSI K N Neo MS- PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce Gb AMD Hammer System Memory MB DDR SDRAM DIMM Micron VDDT AY D GB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron VDDT AY BF GB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Award Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX Microsoft Corporation MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX Monitor Acer AL W quot XP/Flash/Firefox Freezing LCD L C I dont have the monitor driver installed standard XP/Flash/Firefox Freezing plug and play Any ideas as its driving me nuts nbsp

A:XP/Flash/Firefox Freezing

Answer has been, found it's Avastsvc.exe thats causing the spikes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-flash-firefox-freezing.1009548/
Relevancy 43%

Lately, I have been having issues with Firefox freezing and giving me 'script is not responding' issues. This is a relatively new laptop to me and probably needs a LOT of cleaning up.  FF will freeze at random moments and I can't do anything. Then it will eventually return to normal. Sometimes I get the script error and other times I don't.  This is the only issue I have had and it's getting worse with time.

I'd appreciate any help

A:Firefox/computer freezing

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produc... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542306/firefoxcomputer-freezing/
Relevancy 43%

Hi All Having issue with my pc and not sure what is up I suspect I have some sort of virus Everything was fine until a couple of days ago when I opened firefox and the pc just froze I tried Ctrl Alt Delete to see what was goin on and close firefox but the pc would not respond After a couple of mins I forced a shutdown with the power button and restarted Same thing happened when I tried firefox again but after a few mins MS Security Essential popped up saying it was not turned on I forced another shutdown Firefox Computer with freezing and the same thing happened again however I then got a blue screen saying some serious problem with my computer I think I may have picked something of my work server as I was connected to the VPN that day Computer freezing with Firefox and some mailware attacked our website at work and it has not been detected yet I have scanned with MS security Essential which detected viruses and Mailwarebytes which didnt pick up anything else I am using Chrone browser at the moment which does seem slow also but at least it works Anyhow hopefully someone can advise on what to do next Thanks

A:Computer freezing with Firefox

I have gotten plenty of viruses, some were able to be removed with a free anti-virus but most haven't, for the pesky viruses I turn to http://yourpcoptimizers.com to remove them. Hope I've helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461872/computer-freezing-with-firefox/
Relevancy 43%

Ok Chrome keeps freezing and Firefox so my daughter started having trouble with my spare laptop while she was using it I just recently sat down and took a look at it and Chrome and Firefox keeps freezing the problems were many First it was really slow starting up and then when I tried to use Chrome it did a lot of spitting and sputtering then it Chrome finally decided the only thing it was going to do is switch to the Aw Snap page and not load anything So I installed Firefox and it worked fine for about a half an hour then it too started spitting and sputtering and telling me that a scripted has stopped working Download All is on this laptop and I can't get it off Didn't know if that was what might have been causing the problem But I did a virus scan using my Avast Anti-virus Found nothing So I went to eset and did an online free scan Still nothing Then I ran a Malwarebytes scan trial full version and it found something called Whitesmoke Malwarebytes Quarentined it so I figured that would do it Nope And I can't seem to find the log of what Malwarebytes did So I did an Emisoft Antimalware scan It found the following Emsisoft Anti-Malware - Version quarantine log Date Source Action Detection PM C Users RagstoRiches AppData Local cre Moved to quarantine Application AppInstall A PM Key HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE IWIN Moved to quarantine Application InstallAd A PM Key HKEY USERS S- - - SOFTWARE APPDATALOW AC - F - -B FD- BC F Moved to quarantine Application Win InstallAd A ----End of Log---- I then did a scan with Spybot Search and Distroy That just found some tracking cookies And finally still having problems I did one last scan with SuperAntiSpyware and bingo I sure don't like what I see Here is that log SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log http www superantispyware com Generated at AM Application Version Database Version Scan type Complete Scan Total Scan Time Operating System Information Windows Home Premium -bit Service Pack Build UAC On - Limited User Memory items scanned Memory threats detected Registry items scanned Registry threats detected File items scanned File threats detected Adware Tracking Cookie C Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Y HM YVD txtC Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Y HM YVD txt apmebf com C Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies AG B Z txtC Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies AG B Z txt fastclick net C Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies F TADEPM txtC Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies F TADEPM txt o net C Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies K L txtC Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies K L txt doubleclick net C Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies H MEO B txtC Users RagstoRiches AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies H MEO B txt realnetworks o net doubleclick net C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES histats com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES xxx cqcounter com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES vibraporn com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES vibraporn com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES youporn com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES youporn com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES www sexyfemales co C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES bestsexmatch com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES bestsexmatch com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES www sexyfemales co C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE CHROME USER DATA DEFAULT COOKIES imrworldwide com C USERS RAGSTORICHES APPDATA LOCAL GOOGLE... Read more

A:Chrome and Firefox keeps freezing

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Click "Next" to c... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552105/chrome-and-firefox-keeps-freezing/
Relevancy 43%

When I have been browsing online with Windows 10 and Firefox for a few minutes, Firefox freezes and all I can do is switch off the PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, but no different. Any clues?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/how-do-i-stop-freezing-firefox-4606949/
Relevancy 43%

I hope this is in the right place.

I am constantly having to quit firefox and restart it because it keeps freezing up. I have spent a fortune on antispyware and still no resolution. A friend recommended Hijackthis and I did it, have a log and don't know where to start.

If I post my log, can someone help me out here. I'm in waaayyyy over my head.

Thanks

A:Firefox constantly freezing

Thanks for moving this to the right place TW!Here is my Log if it helps:Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 4:07:37 PM, on 3/22/2009Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\LeapFrog\LeapFrog Connect\CommandService.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXEC:\Program Files\Ascentive\Spyware Striker\SBAMSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Ascentive\ActiveSpeed\AS.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exeC:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.htmlR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/mywayO2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dllO2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLLO3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dllO3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLLO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgrWired] "C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAYO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startupO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BuildBU] c:\dell\bldbubg.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon04.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osbootO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213116/firefox-constantly-freezing/
Relevancy 43%

My FireFox web browser is constantly freezing when I load a new page Say I go to www google com it freezes for FireFox Constant Freezing seconds or so and get a quot non-responding error quot and then unfreezes it self It does FireFox Constant Freezing it for ANY web page I've used panda online scanner and it found some small threat malware but I was unable to register to get rid of it because of some error that kept appearing I have scanned my computer with CA suite anti-spyware and FireFox Constant Freezing found only one trojan that was un-named and it got rid of it The problem continued and CA found no newer threats I scanned with Housecall TrenMicro online scanner it found nothing except a few tracking cookies I've unistalled FireFox and re-installed it to find that no change appeared HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files PrevxCSI PrevxCSI exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Snapfish Media Detector SnapfishMediaDetector exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe C Program Files CA CA FireFox Constant Freezing Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus cavrid exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files Portrait Displays HP My Display dthtml exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware CAPPActiveProtection exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Windows system conime exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Users PATOKINS Desktop HiJackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Share... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/firefox-constant-freezing-253700.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I've been having problems with firefox lately v every time I open a few tabs it starts to freeze intermittently and sometimes it'll just freezing is whole firefox computer freeze the whole computer altogether When I say freeze intermittently I mean the whole computer starts hiccuping The whole computer will freeze for about - seconds then resume then firefox is freezing whole computer freeze for another - seconds and resume Usually until firefox then it stops It happens most often when I have flash tabs open like youtube but it most recently happened with just my hotmail tab and a tab for firefox is freezing whole computer my online banking login page Could this be a driver conflict I was on chrome for more than a week and haven't had any problems yet when I open firefox for the first time in over a week it freezes soon after I have even just a couple tabs open I'm not sure if it's just a particular type of stie interactive ones that crashes it or if it's having multiple tabs open Firefox also uses massive amounts of memory I've noticed Like over a g for just something like tabs Thanks for the help Blue

A:firefox is freezing whole computer

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511346/firefox-is-freezing-whole-computer/
Relevancy 43%

Alright. This happened a long time ago, and I fixed it somehow. However, now it is happening again, and I cannot remember how I fixed it for the life of me. When a pop-up comes up, it freezes FireFox. The built in Pop-up blocker is on, but that's not the problem. I don't care for pop-ups, it's always fun to constantly click that X button every time one appears. But now, it will always freeze once I close out of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Goomba.

A:FireFox constantly freezing.

Did you try to reinstall Mozilla Firefox yet?

That might be an easy solution to your problem.

If that doesn't work you might try to get a new user account for mozilla firefox which resets all of the settings back to default.

1. Close Firefox completely (select File > Exit from the main menu of Firefox).
2. Select Start > Run... from the Windows Start menu (use the search box on Vista).
3. Enter firefox.exe -ProfileManager and press ok
4. Click Create Profile (Follow steps and once finished...)
5. Delete the default profile you have there, and start to use the other one (newly made) one.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
TechHelp24

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-constantly-freezing-163999.html
Relevancy 43%

Guys this keeps on happening,the only add-ons that i have is the shockwave an i've updated that but still it blanks with a white screen and it stays like that, the only way to get back is by killing firefox from the task manager

Screenshot:

A:Firefox always freezing (blank)

Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/351723-firefox-always-freezing-blank.html
Relevancy 43%

I've noticed whenever i Hold right click on the very top of the Firefox window The Entire Browser goes into a Freeze
[The Transparent part where Close and minimize are]
i know this isn't a big Deal but is it suppose to do this?

IE Dosn't do it only Browsers other than IE Freezes with a Hold of Right Click at the Very top of the window.

A:Firefox Browser Freezing with Win 7 Rc 32 bit

Quote: Originally Posted by john13134

I've noticed whenever i Hold right click on the very top of the Firefox window The Entire Browser goes into a Freeze
[The Transparent part where Close and minimize are]
i know this isn't a big Deal but is it suppose to do this?

IE Dosn't do it only Browsers other than IE Freezes with a Hold of Right Click at the Very top of the window.

What Rc build and FF version do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/13816-firefox-browser-freezing-win-7-rc-32-bit.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello all,

My windows 7 (entire PC) freezing for about 2 minutes when using Firefox (24.0). I have this problem already for few weeks. This mostly happens when opening (clicking on) a website (like hotmail etc...). this can occur anytime during browsing. I tried almost every solution I could find in the Internet like: updating the adblock, updating the rest of the programs, uncheck the option "use hardware acceleration when available" etc... but without any result.

According the AV (ZoneAlarm Security) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the computer clean from viruses and malware.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Anne

A:Windows 7 freezing when using Firefox 24.0

Try creating a new profile and test it.

Firefox - Create and Run Multiple Profiles

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/306847-windows-7-freezing-when-using-firefox-24-0-a.html
Relevancy 43%

I used to use Firefox a lot until about a year or so ago when it kept freezing while you were searching. It just freezes and shows (Not Responding) on the top. It takes about 5 maybe 10 seconds each time it happens. But it does happen a lot. I also seem to notice it does it more as you go longer into the browsing session (not sure if this is relevant).

I use windows 7, and have been using Chrome more because it seems faster and doesn't hang much. Is there a way to fix firefox from hanging?

A:Firefox 22.0 keeps freezing (not responding)

You could try this.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-safe-mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/297843-firefox-22-0-keeps-freezing-not-responding.html
Relevancy 43%

I have been getting multiple BSOD and computer freezing and my logitech mouse stops working or the arrow disappears. These problems all started after a hard drive crash. I had to rebuild my system with a backup that was 1 year old. I thought some of the BSOD were being cause by my motherboards USB 3.0 driver which I tried to update. I finally disabled the driver and installed an ORICO PCIe USB 3.0 Card. Since then I have had the problems mentioned at the beggining of the post. As I was getting the BSOD before the card was installed I'm not sure how to proceed.

A:BSOD and freezing while in Firefox

I got another BSOD today. BTW do I want a Kernel Memory Dump or a Small Memory Dump?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306541-bsod-freezing-while-firefox.html
Relevancy 43%

Anyone else got troubles with FF freezing while writing a reply?

I've no problems with IE.

I've run MSSSS.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've got the same problem whether wifi or wwan.

I've, using RevoUninstall Pro, uninstalled everything down to the essentials.

Anyone else encountered this?

Relevancy 42.57%

A lot of skipping short freezing while doing things in firefox I ll be typing--even now--and letters wont show of freezing skipping/short lot in A firefox up till a second after I type them at times Scrolling a page same thing--stopping for a sec then scrolling Sometimes I ll get it on my computer searching or picking images going through menus seems more prevalent in firefox though I recently updated my memory from gb to I would think I d have no lagging issues whatsoever I haven t even noticed much change from gb And actually things were running ok on but I A lot of skipping/short freezing in firefox mainly upgraded for use of my graphics software I ve disabled flash so every site it now asks me if I want to keep blocking it--very annoying but I thought flash might be the issue Apparently not since I m still getting the problem And my fans respond to load I believe and sometimes they ll be spinning high and nothings really going on Not sure what s taxing the system so much that they re spinning so high The only thing that s running hot is the video card nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-lot-of-skipping-short-freezing-in-firefox.1169979/
Relevancy 42.57%

This has been going on for weeks now where my computer will just freeze when I log onto the desktop and it just shows the background with no icons I checked cpu usage and it is at like it s not doing anything It eventually starts working and the icons appear very slowly I also get the error message quot Error loading C WINDOWS Xsodad dll the specified module could not be found quot When I try to get on the internet it just closes as soon as the page loads Applications also freeze and crash randomly and I ve had two BSODs in a few days When I run registry cleaner it finds a bunch of Firefox BSOD, freezing crashing, errors and the internet crashing problem goes away for a while but it comes back in a few days I ve scanned the computer with avg spybot search amp destroy and other programs and it never finds anything and they are all updated Does anyone have any idea what s causing all these problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-crashing-bsod-freezing.820190/
Relevancy 42.57%

hey

i'm having problems only with myspace.com
and only at certain times - usually late evening (uk time)

my browser will freeze up after a few seconds of being on any profile page
this is the case for both IE6 and firefox 2.0 (i think it's these versions anyway)
the only thing i can think of is that its to do with how busy the server is
but surely others should be having the same problem then?

the homepage and message pages tend to be fine

does anyone have any explanations and ideally solutions for this problem please?

thanks

A:Myspace Freezing On Profiles - Ie6 And Firefox 2.0

Hello, and welcome

It could be down to the servers being overloaded, but it could also be whats on the page in question, the profiles you are browsing, do they have a lot of embedded items?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86987/myspace-freezing-on-profiles-ie6-and-firefox-20/
Relevancy 42.57%

It freezes up my pc completely if I have anything else running at the time on start up. System resources should NOT be a problem at all. So I don't know what causes it.

A:Firefox hell bent on freezing up pc.

Perhaps you could provide more information. EXACTLY what is happening and what led up to it. Also, try Firefox safe mode and see what happens (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448999/firefox-hell-bent-on-freezing-up-pc/
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently my Firefox has become very slow. It is constantly locking up on me. Is there some way to speed it up a bit?
Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

I'm constantly experiencing slow pages and sometimes pages just don't load at all. When this happens I exit Firefox and try to open up a new session but the get error messags saying to close the previos session which I did. I try to stop the process in Task Manager but no luck which in turn forces me to reboot all over again.

Any Ideas? This started happening afte I did clean install of Vista and reloaded my machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-3-slow-constantly-freezing-346982.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My internet keeps freezing I cahnged from IE to Firefox hoping that would solve the problem but no My PC details are The error message is attached Hijack This Log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Freezing Solved: Firefox/Google processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Solved: Firefox/Google Freezing C Program Files Common Files BinarySense hldasvc exe C Program Files Common Files BinarySense hldasvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost Solved: Firefox/Google Freezing exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender updatesrv exe C WINDOWS System ups exe C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C WINDOWS system FSRremoS EXE C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender bdagent exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAccelerator exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAP DAP EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Philips Philips SPC NC Webcam TrayMin exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bigseekpro com fullspeed DCB -F A- -B D- BB E F R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SearchPredictObj Class - B -C A - E - CB- A CB DC - C Program Files SearchPredict SearchPredict dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SBCONVERT - A ACF - - AE- -DB F F - C Program Files SpeedBit Video Downloader TBU tbcore dll O - BHO LastPass Vault - D ECF - A D- -BE - D F E - C Program Files LastPass LPToolbar dll O - BHO LinkVerifierBHO - D A -C C- DC -BE -A A BBC E - C Program Files DAP LinkVerifier dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO GrabberObj Class - FF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C Program Files SpeedBit Video Dow... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

Firefox version: 3.0.2.
Explorer 8 Beta.
Windows XP SP3.
Sony Vaio VGC-RB40.

any other specs required?

Both crash most frequently on Youtube, but don't have problems with any other video sites, like Homestar Runner or GameTrailers.

Incidently, my parents & uncle have the same type of computer & were all bought at the same time, but unlike theirs, mine didn't fail shortly after the warentee died. Did my adding a graphics hard have anything to do with it? My parents don't know spit about computers, but should I be worried?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-and-firefox-keep-freezing-or-crashing-295695.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Mozilla firefox is freezing, when it freezers i cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I update firefox when needed and there are no errors in my computer saftware for i use Registry Mechanic, XP Repair Pro and Microsoft Live Care to keep my computer safe and free of errors.

!!Please help me!!

A:Firefox freezing, cannot use keyboard or mouse

Make sure it is Firefox. Next time it freezes, open the Processes tab in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and check which prog is using all your memory.

Have you installed extensions prior to this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-freezing-cannot-use-keyboard-or-mouse-146213.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Both sites are also having problems with YouTube.

My biggest FireFox problems started with FireFox 2; DeviantArt won't display right, even though it supports FF. & I can't play the Zero Punctuation videos at escapistmagazine.com, which lists possible FF add-on errors, but even after deactivating the listed add-ons, I still couldn't get the videos to play.

The FF crashing started after Mozilla's recent browser update to FF3 & I haven't added any add-ons in months. Explorer has been freezing & crashing since Explorer 7, but got worse with Explorer 8. Explorer 7 had severe problems displaying my online college's web page.

I have the latest versions of ShockWave, JavaScript, & AdobeFlash.

A:Firefox 3 & Exlorer 8 both keep freezing &/or crashing.

Does it work normally in Firefox Safe-Mode? (Programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> Firefox safe-mode)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-3-and-exlorer-8-both-keep-freezing-and-or-crashing-296012.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I m having a problem with Firefox version freezing when I first open it it freezes for a over a minute then works fine every time after that even if I close firefox open it again But if I turn the computer off open firefox again it freezes again I have tried Internet Explorer which I normally for freezing open I its , minutes 2 Ok then when Firefox is don't use it does not freeze I been in firefox help tried all that was recommended with no change I did a reset on Firefox it did not change it They recommended that I go to Firefox option tool uncheck Use Hardware acceleration when available I did there was no change I tried updating my display adapters driver but windows said they were up to date so that didn't help I have done multiple scans for virus malware and cleaned out all cookies in Firefox there was no malware or virus still no change I'm running windows Home premium service pack Processor Pentium dual core CPU E GHZ Ram GB bit operating system Display adapters are Intel G Hope someone can help Thanks Helen T message edited Firefox is freezing for 2 minutes when I open , then its Ok by HelenT

A:Firefox is freezing for 2 minutes when I open , then its Ok

I would have said to check your add ons but resetting should have done that.Try updating Flash Player.Try opening Firefox up with a different page rather than your home page in case it is something there that is slowing you down (save a simple webpage to the desktop and open that).You could try uninstalling and reinstalling but wait on that for a bit in case other suggestions come in first.You could check Task Manager before opening Firefox the first time and see if anything is using CPU resources at that point. Then maybe watch Task Manager after launching Firefox and see if something, maybe antivirus program or some invisible add on is using resources.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/firefox-is-freezing-for-2-minutes-when-i-open-then-its-ok/18891.html
Relevancy 42.57%

A lot of skipping short freezing while doing things in firefox I'll be typing--even now--and letters wont' show up till a second after I type them at times Scrolling a page same thing--stopping for a sec then scrolling Sometimes I'll get it on my computer searching or picking images going through menus seems more prevalent in firefox though I recently updated my memory from gb to I would think I'd have no lagging issues whatsoever I haven't even noticed much change from gb And actually things were running ok on but I mainly upgraded for use of my graphics software I've disabled flash so every site it now asks me if I want to keep blocking it--very annoying but I thought flash might be the issue Apparently not since I'm still getting the problem And my fans respond to load I believe and sometimes in in firefox, Skipping, and general pc freezing they'll be spinning high and nothings really going on Not sure what's taxing the system so much that they're spinning so high ---------- Info windows Home Premium SP Firefox Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skipping-freezing-in-firefox-and-pc-in-general-1113305.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Ever since installing windows 8 rtm i have had to use chrome which is ok but not ideal for me. Firefox has been crashing very very often on rtm. Also when it isnt crashing left and right it just flat out freezes and i have to wait a while for it to respond again. It did not do this on dev or consumer previews or windows 7. I have latest drivers for win8 from ati and all my other drivers are up to date as well. Why is Firefox doing this for me, any solutions? I already tried re installing the rtm fwiw

A:Random firefox freezing/crashing?

Same problem here, but on release preview.
Firefox version 15.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/8924-random-firefox-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Computer is old so I'm thinking these might just be simple aging problems rather than a virus.
Outlook can take up to 1 hour to boot up after starting up my computer.
I also have a problem with Firefox and IE opening up as well.
My computer also freezes and won't open up any programs or respond to the Ctrl+Alt+Del functions.
It also randomly shuts down after freezing and will take several rebootings to become functional again.
Windows Vista 2007 w/sp 2 installed.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Tara

Hijackthis scan attached

hijackthis 090111.txt   16.08KB
  2 downloads

A:Outlook freezing and Firefox, IE not opening- sometimes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/417723 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417723/outlook-freezing-and-firefox-ie-not-opening-sometimes/
Relevancy 42.57%

I've recently inherited this computer from my mom Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC PROGRA SPYCLE SpyWatcher exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files Dell Video Chat DellVideoChat exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul ttp www yahoo com ext search search htmlR - know BHO, computer wrong... I Firefox is freezing, -something- new HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul ttp www yahoo comR new Firefox BHO, computer freezing, I know -something- is wrong... - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www mozilla comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul ttp www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul ttp www yahoo com ext search search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul ttp www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul ttp www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon OnlineR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - HKLM Run SystemTray quot C WINDOWS system SysTray Exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck quot C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run Spy Watcher quot C PROGRA SPYCLE SpyWatcher exe quot -SO - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMedia... Read more

A:new Firefox BHO, computer freezing, I know -something- is wrong...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. Sorry for the delay the forums here at BC are alwaysvery busy and we do are best to keep up. If you no longer require any help could you let me no please, so this topic can be closed.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.First I would like to see a new log since alot could have changed since your origional post.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)NextPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txt MBAM reportThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234026/new-firefox-bho-computer-freezing-i-know-something-is-wrong/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm running Windows XP on my desktop, and for about the past week it's been crashing off and on (the whole system freezes and I have to manually shut the computer down). Also, I use Firefox as my browser and it continually pops up with new windows and/or tabs asking me to download antivirus software. I've run Malwarebytes several times, and each time it finds infected files which I then remove. However, the problems keep coming back. I've run DDS and GMER and am attaching DDS, Attach, and Ark to this post. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I'm nearing my wits end!

Thanks!

A:Windows freezing/strange pop-ups in Firefox

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________ One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwords where applicable.It would also be wise to contact those same financial institutions to appraise them of your situation.I highly suggest you take a look at the two links provided below:1. How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?2. When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.NEXT:Running TDSSKillerPlease read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.Extract its contents to your desktop.Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388118/windows-freezingstrange-pop-ups-in-firefox/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been using Firefox for years without any problems- however the past few days I've started having issues My PC locked up totally a couple days ago unresponsive requiring I pull freezing total sudden issues- PC Firefox the power cord to shut down CTRL ALT DEL did nothing couldn't click anything Firefox issues- sudden total PC freezing power button Firefox issues- sudden total PC freezing did not respond After a reboot I went Firefox issues- sudden total PC freezing in and deactivated a few useless pluging Windows activation which I no longer need Silverlight which I think Windows Update installed couple others I'd also previously decreased the browser cache to MB and decided to increase it back up to Shortly after that restarting th browser things got a bit sluggish with my PC but it cleared up so I assume Firefox was busy doing stuff Tonight it did this again upon starting Firefox the only other open program was Notepad Same thing had to unplug just to reboot I want to use Firefox I dislike IE and while I just installed Opera it's not got as many features- NoScript is FF exclusive and the Opera equivalent isn't as nice I found Java issues- namely the MapleStory website doesn't properly work in Opera However I can't use it if it's going to lock up the computer I've all but ruled out malware certain I'm clean Beyond running Adblock Plus and NoScript I've run scans with Malwarebytes Microsoft Security Essentials Spybot SUPERAntiSpyware and tonight I checked with Ad Aware Nothing So unless I have some super malware that is dodging every detection attempt then I'm clean and I've not seen any major funny signs or obvious symptoms no Google redirects no popups no programs in task manager that shouldn't be there And the only recent change was a batch of quot important quot Windows updates on the th and my first lockup was on the th Could these updates have done anything to compromise Firefox's stability I haven't updated Firefox in a while since I saw no need Could that somehow be causing this or conflicting with Windows updates I left a couple plugins going but the fact it locked up on a fresh browser start makes me suspect it's not that Likewise I've seen suggested to use FF's browser reset but I'm curious if that'll solve this Hardware issue could I have a hard drive or CPU going bad Doesn't seem like it since this seems like a Firefox issue but never know Could Spybot's immunizations of Firefox be at fault somehow While I generally doubt it I'll mention it regardless I did update them recently though before Windows Update ran on the th

A:Firefox issues- sudden total PC freezing

it could be an outdated add on, check for updates for your addons
if it is still playing up, try starting firefox with the addons disabled ,
you can do this by clicking the help tab and selecting "restart with addons disabled"

if everything is fine then its probably an addon, to eliminate which one, restart each addon one at a time so when it starts to freeze then you know which the last add on was that crashed the pc.

failing that try comodo ice dragon, you can use your firefox profile with it.

Comodo IceDragon Internet Browser, Secure Internet Browser

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/290581-firefox-issues-sudden-total-pc-freezing.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having a similar issue, up till today Firefox ran with no problems, now I am getting a box that pops up and says
Instructions at "0x6056d1db" Key memory at "0x00000024" could not be read and later Unkown software exception 0xe06d7363 at location 0x7e812aeb could not be read.
Any ideas or thoughts?
Thanks

A:Firefox freezing, problems using the keyboard or mouse

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

I am curious what version of FF are you using? Also, what add-ons are you running? You say up until today, does that mean that before today you were having any problems with FF? Any other information that you think is pertinant would be great too, as I am having problems finding out about these errors.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-freezing-problems-using-the-keyboard-or-mouse-323066.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have been having the above problem with firefox for the last few months I followed some load webpages and is freezing won't Firefox constantly some instructions from this forum yesterday and opened a new profile which seemed to have solved the problems but they returned a few hours later Everything seems to be okay when I run firefox in safe mode I am running firefox I think I would like to start again but when I look under Documents and Settings I have the following folders Administrator Administrator HAY Firefox is freezing constantly and won't load some webpages All Users All Users WINXP Default User Default User WINXP Denis Denis HAY If I open the folders the Denis and Denis and Denis HAY folders have Mozilla profiles in them Questions Is there a simple way to resolve this issue If not how do I start again Do Firefox is freezing constantly and won't load some webpages I need all those folders under Documents and Settings If I want to start all over again can I delete the two Mozilla profiles What else do I need to do to make sure I am not importing the problems again How can I save my cookies as I have some setup that I need to keep otherwise I will have to go to a lot of trouble to set them up again I hope this makes sense and thank you for any help Denis

A:Firefox is freezing constantly and won't load some webpages

Hi,

I would start by asking if you have run all of your scans. I am particularly wondering about any malware scans if you don't have a scanner for that I would recommend one at malwarebytes.org. There is a free version that you can d/l and use. If you find that you do have malware on your computer then there are some routes that we can take.

After that I would make sure that you are able to reach those sites from a browser on your computer. I would recommend that you try IE, if you still have it. That way we can rule out the sites.

Lets start there and then go from there, and Welcome to TSF!!!

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-is-freezing-constantly-and-wont-load-some-webpages-336276.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have been asked to post this here for someone to look at please I have been have trouble with firefox freezing is Firefox webpages some constantly and won't load freezing frequently and not allowing me to access some webpages that I know are accessable I was advised to do a scan with malwaresbytes and it found several infected objects Adware Zango Trojan Agent Adware Seekmo Rogue Multiple Trojan Downloader These I let the program delete for me Everything seemed to work okay after that but after a few hours the problems returned again I hope I have completed all the tasks as I should have Below is the contents of DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Firefox is freezing constantly and won't load some webpages Run by Dennis at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV Trend Micro Internet Security Pro On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINXP system Ati evxx exe C WINXP system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINXP System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINXP system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINXP system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C WINXP system Ati evxx exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe svchost exe C WINXP Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINXP system IoctlSvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure SecurityActivityDashboard tmarsvc exe C WINXP system CAP RSK EXE C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C WINXP system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TSCFPlatformCOMSvr exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C WINXP system fxssvc exe C WINXP SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X CAP SWK EXE C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar ProToolbarUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure RemoteFileLock FLMain exe C WINXP system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar PlatformDependent ProToolbarComm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINXP system msfeedssync exe C Documents and Settings Dennis HAY Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www google com au BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO TSToolbarBHO c d -a c - c - f -fd e e - c program files trend micro trendsecure tisprotoolbar TSToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB FireShot e e e- d - ce - a a- dfffe f - TB Trend Micro Toolbar ccac - d - c -b a-f a d - c program files trend micro trends... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/firefox-is-freezing-constantly-and-wont-load-some-webpages-337691.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Firefox and IE freezes and closes when watching Youtube or other videos like using quicktime YET I can watch them for long periods of time and for no w/Youtube Quicktime & one...Firefox Looks another am vids Freezing like I apparent reason it stops working and then afterwards I have java installed Things done Reformatted Looks like I am another one...Firefox Freezing w/Youtube & Quicktime vids my HD recently Tried unloading and reloading Firefox Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http by w bay mail live com m amp n R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D Looks like I am another one...Firefox Freezing w/Youtube & Quicktime vids -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Verizon McciTrayApp C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster C Program Files RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe S O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF - E - D - - ED Support com Configuration Class - https activatemydsl verizon net sd SL tgctlcm cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dll O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - Service Eset HTTP Server EhttpSrv - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus EHttpSrv exe O - Service Eset Service ekrn - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe -- End of file - bytes

A:Looks like I am another one...Firefox Freezing w/Youtube & Quicktime vids

Bump anyone?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/looks-like-i-am-another-one-firefox-freezing-w-youtube-and-quicktime-vids-233761.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all Flashget Vista, Downloads and I.E, using Firefox on freezing Brand new here I hope you can help I would be extremely grateful I'm Fairly savvy on the pc side I thought but this has me completely stumped Files that I download from the internet regardless of size freeze If the file is small enough a few hundred k I can retry multiple times and eventually it will download typically I cannot do this for larger file downloads multiple meg as the download process is too long and inevitably always fails times out I've researched on google and through this forum but didn't see a similar question here This problem began with the PC being brand new and only my anti-virus installed It first occured on IE while i was Downloads freezing on Vista, using I.E, Firefox and Flashget trying to download adobe reader Could not download the file Downgraded from IE to IE Still no go I tried to update drivers couldn't even download the drivers Multiple attempts later I was able to download Firefox That seems to work better that Downloads freezing on Vista, using I.E, Firefox and Flashget night But alas it must have been a fluke My file downloads consistently freeze It is as if they just time out When I use Firefox or I E they will get about percent along in the process or whatever and then just stop No real error is displayed it is as if they just freeze or are in process of timing out They do not resume It is not a wait it out issue I also cannot upload files to youtube from this PC It just completely hangs at the beginning of the upload I tried a download manager Flashget the newest version xxxx Download freezes there immediatly or some percentage into the download too I can stream things like Pandora typically though Some streaming videos don't like to load too nicely but like I said Pandora typically runs just fine Background and supporting data My PC is brand new from Dell and experiencing this without me loading anything but an anti-virus I have disabled that anti-virus and the download still fails PC is a Dell Vostro gigs memory gig hard drive CPU is intel core quad q Running Vista bit Home Premium SP Anti-Virus is ESET NOD I have I E and Firefox and download manager flashget all of which are consistently problematic with the freezing downloads I have updated the nic driver which was pretty recent already to Thats for the realtek RTL C P C P I have also completely disabled my windows firewall too tried to download in Firefox and it freezes a few percent into the download My network and internet connection is good I can hop on one of my other PC's and download the problematic file all day long I have tested this I have cable internet and it is fast -I only have problems downloading with this PC Any help would be appreciated Dell has already made it clear they do not intend to help with out a substantial additional financial investment on my part Thanks Jloco

A:Downloads freezing on Vista, using I.E, Firefox and Flashget

Hi -

Flashget = lagging, stalling, spyware, ads..

Use your default download manager, that's the best advice I can give you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloads-freezing-on-vista-using-i-e-firefox-and-flashget-377614.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys I ran a HIjack This to post a log im not quite sure whats wrong with my computer specs are below but my computer has been acting up and wanted to see if theres anything in this HJT log you guys can tell me thats fishy ITs only a year old and i doont download much junk onto it I mean for gigs ram and a gig video driver i think wow should run with fps ubut its around - sometimes im running virus checkers spyware removal atm please take a look it will be much appreciated Thanks Steve ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name firefox, laggy.HJT explorer not freezing, wtd.. end cant Internet log sure STEVE-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron BIOS oC Phoenix - AwardBIOSTeDell System v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found Internet explorer freezing, cant end firefox, laggy.HJT log not sure wtd.. DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices Internet explorer freezing, cant end firefox, laggy.HJT log not sure wtd.. --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce SE nForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS E amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell E WFP Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English nbsp

A:Internet explorer freezing, cant end firefox, laggy.HJT log not sure wtd..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-freezing-cant-end-firefox-laggy-hjt-log-not-sure-wtd.792728/