Windows Support Forum

Anyway to remove this?

Q: Anyway to remove this?

Bugs me

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Anyway to remove this?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Anyway to remove this?

Did you set the forwarding up in the first place?

If so, did you do it from your Hotmail account, or the other one (where the mail is being forwarded)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179559-anyway-remove.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay i had the standard version of windows live messenger then it said there was an update so i updated it I restarted my computer later that night because it was was going really slow But this time i rebooted in Safe Mode W Networking When i tried going to windows live messenger in Start Menu-- gt All Programs-- gt Windows Live-- gt Windows Live Messenger The icon was Missing Program Change/Remove Shortcut In Msn(2009) It Solved: Add/Remove and I Can't there but then i clicked it and it didn t work so I went back to it and there was no Windows live messenger icon I have tried going to the folder of quot C Program Files Windows Live Solved: Msn(2009) Shortcut Missing and I Can't Change/Remove It In Add/Remove Program Messenger quot but there is no quot msnmsgr exe quot THe shortcut is missing This happened before on my friends computer but all i had to do was go to add remove programs Solved: Msn(2009) Shortcut Missing and I Can't Change/Remove It In Add/Remove Program and go to the windows live essentials but i tried taht on my computer but when i click change remove it will not do anything but if i click it on any other program it shows up Please Help me Tyler Ronek contact me at Code email protected nbsp

A:Solved: Msn(2009) Shortcut Missing and I Can't Change/Remove It In Add/Remove Program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-msn-2009-shortcut-missing-and-i-cant-change-remove-it-in-add-remove-program.802848/
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently uninstalled Windows SP3 RC1 from my computer and reverted back to Windows SP2 through the use of Projekt (Project) Dakota. http://www.theatticnetwork.net/

Before uninstallation though, one of my siblings had run this script to update to Windows SP3 RC2. I do not want to install the newest RC2, as I'm now waiting for a final release. I changed my Windows Update Settings to download but to not install, as it was already downloaded from yesterday.

Is there anyway to remove the already downloaded but not installed update for Windows SP3 RC2, and is there anyway to remove the script (that tells the computer to download SP3 RC2?)

A:Solved: Remove a Downloaded Windows Update and Remove a Registry Edit

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061022101243AAvXhMw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remove-a-downloaded-windows-update-and-remove-a-registry-edit.685705/
Relevancy 30.1%

I opened the Add and Remove Program utiltiy in Control panel to remove a
program and am surprised to see that every one of the program entires is missing the
"change" or "Remove" option buttons. Whenever I select any program from the
list, those option buttons do not show up at all, only the program name, file
size, and date last used. I cannot change or remove any program! I am running
Windows XP Home edition and just recently installed ZoneAlarm Internet
Security Suite, so I tried removing ZoneAlram, but that did not help, still no
"change" or "remove" buttons visible under any program entry. Its like something
wiped out or, disabled the add/remove programs utility from showing those option buttons.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

jimmymoon

A:All "change" "remove" Option Buttons Are Missing From The Add Or Remove Programs Utility?

Have you tried using System Restore to return to a previous state before your problems began?Also see: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #337 and click "Restore Change or Remove Programs" in the right column.or "Add/Remove Programs list are missing Change and Remove buttons"http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htmThis involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66434/all-change-remove-option-buttons-are-missing-from-the-add-or-remove-programs-utility/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello after inserting a pendrive I've contaminated my personal computer with a virus that Transform all files and folder of the pendrive in hiden and create shortcuts Remove JS + shortcuts all to virus Panel + + Remove USB Remove access Control files the Control USB shortcuts + Remove access to all files + Remove Control Panel + JS virus Panel itens Blocks my access to all my files programs folders system says that I've no permission to use work in all the folder and all the programs It's a JS type os virus because there are JS stuff in the Start menu item The virus also deactivates Avira completely The program starts but when I click it's icon it just closes Also avira did detect the virus in the pendrive but it was too late After a lot of work following instructions here I believe I've succesffuly cleaned my system but I would like to confirm I'm posting the DDS log thanksDDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Fernando at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exeC Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exeC Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Windows system atieclxx exeC Program Files x Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exeC Program Files x BlueStacks HD-LogRotatorService exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files x Firebird Firebird bin fb inet server exeC ProgramData Freemake FreemakeUtilsService FreemakeUtilsService exeC Windows system HPSIsvc exeD Programas Borland InterBase bin ibguard exeD Programas Virus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeD Programas Virus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files x Motorola Mobility Motorola Device Manager MotoHelperService exeD Programas Virus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files x EPSON MyEpson Portal mepService exeC Program Files x Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files x EPSON MyEpson Portal mep exeC Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXEC Program Files x Motorola MotForwardDaemon ForwardDaemon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x Motorola Mobility Motorola Device Manager MotoHelperAgent exeC Program Files x Common Files Acronis SyncAgent syncagentsrv exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Windows SysWOW vmnat exeC Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Service exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeC Windows splwow exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeD Programas Disk Director OSS reinstall svc exeC Windows splwow exeC Program Files x BlueStacks HD-Network exeD Programas VMWare Player vmware-authd exeC Program Files x BlueStacks HD-BlockDevice exeC Program Files x BlueStacks HD-SharedFolder exeC Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exeC Program Files x Common Files VMware USB vmware-usbarbitrator exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng ex... Read more

A:USB shortcuts + Remove access to all files + Remove Control Panel + JS virus

Greetings gauchotche and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided and I will reply as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494446/usb-shortcuts-remove-access-to-all-files-remove-control-panel-js-virus/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, I have a kiosk PC that is looking pretty good however I have two outstanding issues. 

The users can still right click on applications on the taskbar and receive a context menu even though I've disabled the context menu in the group policy editor.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar - Enabled

And I can't figure out how to remove the "show desktop" icon in the systems notification tray.

Thanks in advance for any help
Megan Armstrong.

A:Windows 7 Restricted User - Remove Right click on taskbar icons; Remove show desktop icon

Hello Megan,

Hope you're doing fine.

Disabling context menu from application on the taskbar
Please note the task bar context menu for any application for windows 7 is sub-divided into two sections :

a. Jumplist(to access recently opened files) 
   b. Creating a new instance of the application, Pin/Unpin, Close window

We can only disable the Jump List of the Taskbar context menu but not the "new instance creation, Pin/Unpin, close window"

Please follow the steps below to disable jump list:
1. Right-click on the Taskbar and then select Properties.
2. Click on the Start Menu tab and uncheck "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar".
3. Click OK.

Disabling Show Desktop from the system tray
Regarding the requirement of disabling the "Show Desktop" button alltogether from the System tray, this is by design.

There are no ways to remove it. All we can do is to disable aero peek at Taskbar properties by right clicking and uncheck the option "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop".
There's a third party software which addresses this sopecific purpose but I'm not pretty sure if this works perfectly for Windows 7 SP1 as well. Please refer to the link below.

Ref :
http://kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/art/7-Show-Desktop-Button-Remover-163376704

Thanks,
Nabarun

Regards,
Nabarun Chakraborty | Support Engineer | Microsoft India GTSC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbbdceb4-3c0a-4a86-a8be-dcc0b3cbc115/windows-7-restricted-user-remove-right-click-on-taskbar-icons-remove-show-desktop-icon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 29.67%

On trying to remove Avery Wizard 2.1 from ADD/REMOVE Control panel entry I get the ADD /Remove Button Constantly disallowing the Removal by overcovering it with a Commercial photo of PC Cleaners that stops the removal process. How PC cleaners even got into this computer is a mystery! Would appreciate very much any positive advice. as I can't even find in the directory any presence of 'PC Cleaners. Thank you --- JGW

A:Remove PC Cleaners from Blocking ADD/Remove entry on Control Panel

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/remove-pc-cleaners-from-blocking-add-remove-entry-on-control-panel-624850.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello, I am having trouble locating the right registry file for Logmein. I really use this program a lot for work , but the problem is that I am using a family computer and my little 18 year old brother keeps messing with the program by either right clicking it and exiting it out or removing it completely from the add or remove programs. He does this because he thinks that it will put viruses on the computer, I tried asking him to stop but it is like trying to convince a rock to move for you.

So, what I'd like to do is:

1.)Hide the program in add/remove list
2.)Use the registry to remove the icon by the clock in the system tray.
3.)Make this program almost undetectable to a moderately computer literate person.

A:Don't know how to remove logmein from system tray & add or remove programs list

couple of ways of going about it

1. create him a separate account and set it to standard user so he doesn't have the rights and create a password on your account.

CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HAVE NOT TESTED THE FOLLOWING.

2. i haven't tested this with logmein and this may corrupt your installation and make it very hard to repair unless you know what you are doing.
goto regedit hklm>software>microsoft>windows>current version>uninstall> hit F3 (search) and type logmein or go through the list manually until you find it.

back up the key by right clicking the logmein key and click export save it somewhere safe! then delete the key, this *should* remove the add/remove programs info but i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong. See below image for example on this step.

note: logmein may be under a clsid (string of numbers) or under logmein or similar for the key. the below example shows where to click.

try running logmein, if it fails to work, run the reg file you exported before you deleted it and it will put the information back. abandon this and go back to step 1.

You should be able to remove the system tray icon from within the software itself, there is probably a tick box somewhere, if not try running (start>run) msconfig and clicking the startup tab. there should be a logmein entry there, untick the box and restart your pc. on the message box that pops up tick the box saying you are aware youve changed system config etc and dont want to be reminded everytime you log in. click ok.

Try running logmein again. it should start the required services and possibly take a little longer to run. but should be ok, you will however need to shut down/log off when you are done however as the system tray icon will most likely reappear when you run it.

Let me know how you get on. also have you tried just explaining to your brother that you need it for work and that all it does is connect you to your work network?

Josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dont-know-how-to-remove-logmein-from-system-tray-add-or-remove-programs-list.899239/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have tried previously to uninstall my HP Officejet G printer from HP Pavilion a n running XP Media There is no Change Remove Solved: button missing Programs in Change/Remove Add/Remove button in Add Remove Programs but the program is there MB and the file suggested on the HP website for uninstalling older printers from XP produces a message that it s quot unsupported quot can t remember exact verbiage been a while since last tried Even reinstalled in the hopes that a message would come up to the effect quot this program is already installed do you want install to remove it Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs prior to completing this install quot but it just installs the printer again with a number after it I m up to quot hp officejet g series - quot Now I have the mother of all paper jams and black Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs ink leaking out of the underside of Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs the g so I have no choice due to work deadlines and time constraints but to physically remove it and install a new printer tomorrow Any hope of removing this from my system altogether and starting fresh before installing another printer nbsp

A:Solved: Change/Remove button missing in Add/Remove Programs

Do you have enough access rights on the computer to remove programs? ie: Do you have an administrative account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-remove-button-missing-in-add-remove-programs.775510/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, here is my setup:

AMD 64 4000+
2 gb pc 3200
Fatal1ty a8n sli
2 BFG Geforce 7800 gt oc
xp pro
Maxtor sata 200 gb 8 mg cache

here is the problem I can't remove the safely remove hardware icon and it is asking me to remove my Maxtor hard drive and my system is running perfect how do I get rid of that annoying icon. lol
Thank You Kindly!
Craig

A:Need to Remove Safely Remove Hardware Icon from start up menu

Click Start/Run and type in msconfig and click OK.
Any weird program in the startup that may cause this?
Is it in the Start/All Programs/Startup menu-folder?
It should only be present in the Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-remove-safely-remove-hardware-icon-from-start-up-menu.35442/
Relevancy 29.67%

I can't seem to figure out what happened, I was deleting some old programs through the control panel/add and remove programs. Now when I go back to the same window, the buttons to the right of the screen Change/Remove are missing.....what do I have to do to fix this?

A:Change/Remove buttons gone in my control panel under add and remove programs

Try a System Restore before this problem occured.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-remove-buttons-gone-in-my-control-panel-under-add-and-remove-programs-510566.html
Relevancy 29.67%

hi. i'm trying to remove Earthlink Setup Files from the add/remove list on windows xp.it came preinstalled on both of my Dell computers and i believe it's unnecessary. when i try to uninstall i got the message: Internal error 2753. Putkey.exe i did a file search for putkey.exe and it produced no results. i may have deleted the folder if it was inthe progam files folder at one point.any help would be great thanks

A:Cannot Remove Earthlink Setup Files From Add/remove List

A search for putkey.exe turned up the following:putkey.exe has a file size of 24,576 bytes, and is most commonly found under the directory "EarthLink TotalAccess" with a creation date of December 26, 2002. This is not a known spyware, adware, or trojan executable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120093/cannot-remove-earthlink-setup-files-from-addremove-list/
Relevancy 29.67%

My computer has had this problem for quite some time now. When I go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, only the recently installed programs have the Change/Remove button. How can i make this button appear for my old programs as well? Thank you in advance for your help

Relevancy 29.67%

Hello everyone A few days ago I Add/Remove Change/Remove buttons Programs missing from had some problems with a virus and malware Change/Remove buttons missing from Add/Remove Programs and one your friends helped me to resolve the issue The details are Change/Remove buttons missing from Add/Remove Programs here in case you'd like to see http www techsupportforum com secu -new-post html After that in order to make sure the problem doesn't happen again among other things I ran Secunia OSI It identified several programs as insecure and asked me to update them Adobe Reader Adobe Flash and a few others Since some wouldn't upgrade automatically to the newer versions I started removing them through Add Remove Programs in Control Panel After I removed ZoneAlarm the Change Remove buttons all disappeared To resolve this I looked around and one of the suggestions people had made was to save the file in line second column located in this page www kellys-korner-xp com xp tweaks htm and clicking on it I saved the linked reg file and clicked on it It just opened with NotePad and nothing else happened I reinstalled one of the programs that I had uninstalled Adobe Flash and that one has now the Remove button in front of it but the others still don't have the buttons I'll greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have Thanks Yahoot P S Sorry for the links I tried to remove the hyperlinks but they keep coming back even when I disable quot Automatically parse links in text quot OS WinXP Pro SP Hardware Intel Pentium III

A:Change/Remove buttons missing from Add/Remove Programs

When you double click on the .reg file - it shouldn't be opening in notepad.

Try running the REG File Association Fix found on this page.
http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-remove-buttons-missing-from-add-remove-programs-366769.html
Relevancy 29.67%

when i try to delete from add/remove program the change/remove buttons are not visable can anyone help

Relevancy 29.67%

Had no luck removing a program in control panel, and discovered software in PC
magazine that did the trick. consider this: absolute Uninstaller- www.glarysoft.com.
simple, but works fine. let me know if you use it.

A:Remove stubborn programs that won't remove in control panel

I used another 'remover'- the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility- great of getting rid of 'orphan entries' in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remove-stubborn-programs-that-wont-remove-in-control-panel.99932/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello all,

i am trying to uninstall a program called "Scanner utility for Windows" (from 'Add/Remove programs'), but once its removed it still shows up under 'Add/remove programs', it doesnt disapear from there.
i tried rebooting the computer afterwards, but it still shows up in there.

i am able to remove it from another computer, so not sure what the issue is.

i am logging with administrator rights on both computers, so what could the issue be?

thank you

PS Both computers run on Windows XP.

A:Unable To Remove Software- It Still Shows Up Under 'add/remove Programs'

Hello alexcirnuThis should help solve the problem http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156988/unable-to-remove-software-it-still-shows-up-under-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 29.67%

add remove buttons missing in add remove programs windows xp

Does anyone know how to resolve this. I've been around computers for several years and this never happend before.

I hve started using Advenced System Care. Does anyone know if thissoftware can cause this.

I also have a HiJack This log if needed for repair this problem.

A:add remove buttons missing in add remove programs windows xp

Hi!Go here:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmTry Fix #208 on the right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279042/add-remove-buttons-missing-in-add-remove-programs-windows-xp/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello

I have a dell laptop with XP SP3, 32bit running a bit slow. Full scans with Norton Security Suite (Xfinity version) and Malwarebytes find no infection. Secunia PSI at 97% with only WinDVDGold and Powerpoint viewer 2003 at end-of-life. All Windows updates have been applied.

However, in Add/Remove programs there is an entry for Antivirus 2011. When I click on remove, a box pops up saying:

An error occurred while trying to remove Antivirus 2011. You do not have access to \\ \globalroot\systemroot\system32\userinit.exe. You can specify the new uninstall program below.

Is this an infection or maybe it's a remnant of one? Your help in removing this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Antivirus 2011 entry in Add/Remove Programs but can't remove it

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415909/antivirus-2011-entry-in-addremove-programs-but-cant-remove-it/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a laptop with 256 SSD. And it is small for me. What I did is I bought an SDCard with 128Gig and use it as my extra drive. It works fine and fast.

What I want to do next is to make it permanent or set it as a non-removable drive not prevent myself or anyone to unmount it. How can I remove it from the list of Safely Remove Hardware?

Thank you and I hope anyone out there have an idea to work this out. I attached a picture for everyone's reference.

By the way, I'm using Toshiba Portege on Windows 7-64bit.

A:Remove SD CARD in the Safely Remove Hardware list

Not sure if there is a manual way, but there is a paid app which can do this - USB Safely Remove Help - How to hide an unnecessary device from the menu? It has a 30day free trial, so you can check it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/376782-remove-sd-card-safely-remove-hardware-list.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Been buggering around with this for a while now.

I have an 2 internal hdd, and an external hdd, which is pretty much always on, and it appears in the 'safely remove hardware' in the systray.

I also have a portable HDD, for bringing files to and from work, which appears there also.

I want to be able to remove the portable safely, without accidentally removing the external hdd as i keep forgetting which drive is which!

I've dinkered around with making either/or drive 'Optimized for quick removal or Optimized for performance' in the hopes that they wouldn't appear - ideally I only want the portable listed (I can always disconnect the external when the machine is off).

Anyone any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-external-drive-from-safely-remove-hardware.497042/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all,

In the safely remove hardware menu (from clicking the icon in the task bar) I have both my internal sata hard drives listed. I'll never want to remove these so is there a way to remove them from the list?

I'm guessing it might require some registry editing but I've no idea where to start!

A:Can I remove an item from safely remove hardware list?

Actually, it might be something related to your system setup.

It sounds like in your BIOS the SATA channels that are being used for your internal drives are set to allow eSATA - and thus that capability is being shown in W7.

I don't have eSATA enabled for the 3 SATA channels I use for my internal drives, and none of my internal drives shows in the safely remove hardware list.

Take a look around in your BIOS and see if you can disable eSATA for those two ports - if you can, then W7 should no longer offer them as removable items.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/24274-can-i-remove-item-safely-remove-hardware-list.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Today i went to unintall something using the add remove programs in the controll panel and there is a few things wrong with it!

1st. - There is no longer any option to remove the program, right click doesnt bring up any menu. nothing!

2nd. Half of the programs in the list dont show me its frequency of use unless i click on them. (still no option to remove, mind you!)

3rd. the list is not complete. it seems only half as full as it should be. and i know i havent removed anything.

i cant tell you the last time it worked, because i havent tried to move anything for a long time.

Its frustrating me to no end!

ive run spy bot search and destroy and lavasoft ad aware personal and both have found nothing. and im running AVG and thats found no little nastys!

heelllpppp

A:Add Remove Programs - No option to remove/list not full

It sounds as if your registry needs cleaning. I would advise you to d/l RegSeeker which you can get here http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm, follow the instructions carefully in the README.txt.

NOTE: As I always advise, BACKUP your registry before making any changes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-no-option-to-remove-list-not-full-121678.html
Relevancy 29.67%

An unfortunate software removal consequence has occurred and I have been searching a solution. What I have discovered so far?The Change/Remove button for existing programs on the machine at the time of the software removal have disappeared. I am at the point of locating missing registry key info. When I go to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. All of the programs on the machine at the time of software removal are not listed. I do not have a backup of the registry. Any suggestions of how to repopulate the list?

A:Missing Change/Remove Buttons in Add/Remove Software

Should help you out....

http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-change-remove-buttons-in-add-remove-software-107596.html
Relevancy 29.67%

remove unwanted entries entries unwanted Programs remove applet in Add/Remove in add remove programs applet Hi all I m tuning up a pc for a friend remove unwanted entries in Add/Remove Programs applet whose kids have installed numerous trial games itunes music oasis etc and other misc crap Got most of it to my liking except this can t get rid of entries in the Add Remove Programs applet in Control Panel itunes and music oasis Here s what I ve done so far Searched the web high and low and remove unwanted entries in Add/Remove Programs applet tried every suggestion offered to no avail so I m trying as many forums as I can keep track of There are a lot more sharper minds than mine out there In Regedit went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Current Version Uninstall and removed all the entries I wanted then rebooted went back into Add Remove and itunes and music oasis are still there Opened C Windows inf sysoc inf but the entries aren t even listed Someone suggested using Tweakui but as far as I can tell that only removes the applets in Control Panel unless I m missing something there Installed a program called Add Remove Program Cleaner but the offending entires aren t listed in there either Ran Hijack This gt Misc Tools gt Unistall Manager and the entries aren t there either no big surprise there either And finally reinstalled itunes and music oasis then rebooted uninstalled them again and the entries are still in the Add Remove Programs list This is starting to irritate me Thanks in advance for any new suggestions as I d like to get this thing back to him cuz he needs to watch the farm markets tomorrow a m if he can

A:remove unwanted entries in Add/Remove Programs applet

From the Web:One method: This method avoids editing the registry and should be tried first. The easiest way is to open Add/Remove Programs and select the listing for the program you know has already been deleted. Select the application and click the Remove button. Since there is no application to 'remove', the process will time out and you'll be presented with an option to remove the entry.Another method: To manually remove the orphaned entries from the Add or Remove Programs applet, follow these steps:Click Start, Run and type regedit.exeNavigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Backup the branch to a file Note: Each subkey represents a program that you've installed. To determine which program that each key represents, click the key, and then view the DisplayName value data in the right pane Select the subkey that you want to deleteRight-click on the subkey and choose DeleteClose Registry Editor

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435820/remove-unwanted-entries-in-addremove-programs-applet/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have a three part problem My pc was Desktop remove Messenger Can't Add/Remove Programs Logitech using made for Can't remove Logitech Desktop Messenger using Add/Remove Programs me so it isn t a brand name This is info about my pc from a Belark my input Windows XP Professional Service Pack build NETFramework AVG Anti-Virus Version Realtime File Scanning On Internet Explorer Sygate Security Agent and Personal Firewall Version Logitech Mouse Logitech Keyboard megahertz AMD Duron Processor Megabytes Installed Memory All security hotfixes have been installed Board ECS K S A Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc T c NTFS on drive f FAT on drive g NTFS on drive h NTFS on drive i NTFS on drive j NTFS on drive k NTFS on drive l NTFS on drive m NTFS on drive n NTFS on drive o NTFS on drive No network drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDW DVD TS-H A CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive IOMEGA ZIP Hard drive -- drive Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller RADEON RADEON LE Microsoft Corporation Display adapter Envision EN e Monitor quot vis October I have Logitech Desktop Messenger in Add Remove Programs but when I attempt to remove it a wizard starts and then stops without removing it I searched my pc for Logitech and Messenger using hidden files and folder and system folders but got no hits I ve Googled the proglem but can t find a way to remove it I ve run a host of anti-virus malware spyware adware trojan worm programs such as Spybot BitDefender Panda TrendMicro Housecall Microsoft Malicious Spyware Remover Ad-Aware AVG Windows Defender CWShredder Kill Me and others that I can t think of off the top of my head but none of them came up with anything a clean bill of health each time Unfortunately my pc constantly gets bogged down shortly after booting up and freezes often I use CCleaner and flush DNS almost constantly I use all the tools in Dial-a-fix PC onPoint RegSeeker and RegCure with very little success I also clean the inside of my pc with compressed air and a computer vacuum that has a head the size of a pen wearing an anti-static wrist band and making sure that I stay at least quot away from all surfaces but it hasn t helped I have three problematic areas I need to uninstall Logitech Desktop Messenger but Add Remove Programs can t do it I installed NET Framework but it wrecked havoc with my video programs I uninstalled it and reinstalled I still keep getting updates from Microsoft for NET Framework though When I ran TrendMicro Housecall I received the following message MS - Vulnerability in ASP NET Could Allow Information DisclosureClick to expand It also provided this link regarding vulnerability in ASP NET http www microsoft com technet sec MS - mspx Since I uninstalled NetFramework why does Asp Net enter the picture Is there a cure for all these problems These are the results of a HiJack This scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe C WINDOWS System imapi exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS S... Read more

Relevancy 29.67%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x86 Family 15 Model 43 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X600 Series , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 115992 MB, Free - 84862 MB; D: Total - 116458 MB, Free - 108179 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, FC51GM , ,
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:found Tdl4mbr-(alureon) can not remove or accessTDSSKiller exe. to remove.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/found-tdl4mbr-alureon-can-not-remove-or-accesstdsskiller-exe-to-remove.994805/
Relevancy 29.67%

I hope i'm posting correctly i originally posted on the xp forum problem no remove links at the add-remove programs in control panel most listings on the program list are not really programs when i googled the listings it comes back with links remove links programs progarm add-remove missing about malware most of the programs that are actually installed on missing remove progarm links add-remove programs the pc are not listed at add-remove programs Quote Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Judith on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware SE Personal - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP KB - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP MSCompPackV - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows Media Player -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Removed Google Earth Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Judith exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI FA EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Judith Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE TWZAZ PO dss exe C PROGRA HIJACK Judith exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - C Program Files SpyCatcher SCActiveBlock dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run SpyCatcher Reminder quot C Program Files SpyCatcher SpyCatcher exe quot reminder O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BOB EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI FA EXE P quot BOB EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run MaxtorOneTouch C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch utils Onetouch exe O - HKLM Run mxomssmenu quot C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run I amp F Viewer toolbar quot C Program Files Photo Toolkit ivbar phototoolkitmem exe quot -start O - Startup Scheduler lnk C Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak K... Read more

A:missing remove progarm links add-remove programs

I couldn't figure out how to put in an attachment so here is the second file

Deckard's System Scanner v20070603.47
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Mobile CPU 1000MHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 53%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 511.37 MiB / 238.2 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 1249.07 MiB / 1049.4 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1957.54 MiB

C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 18.63 GiB total, 6.1 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)
F: is Removable (No Media)

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is enabled.

FirstRunDisabled is set.

AV: AVG 7.5.472 v7.5.472 (GRISOFT)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\livecall.exe"="C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\SAGENT4.EXE"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\SAGENT4.EXE:*:Enabled:SAgent4"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe:*:Enabled:Yahoo! FT Server"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dpvsetup.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dpvsetup.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft DirectPlay Voice Test"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\rundll32.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\rundll32.exe:*:Enabled:Run a DLL as an App"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe:*:Enabled:Kodak Software Updater"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare Software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare Software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe:*:Enabled:EasyShare"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/missing-remove-progarm-links-add-remove-programs-160334.html
Relevancy 29.67%

My laptop is missing lots of programs under Add/Remove Programs that I know are installed. Furthermore, some that are listed don't have the Remove button next to it. The missing programs aren't listed in the Uninstall registry key and I'm confident there are not viruses on the machine.

Any idea how to fix this? I don't think a System Restore will help as this machine probably has had this issue for quite some time now.

A:Change / Remove buttons missing in Add/Remove Programs

This link provides instructions on making sure your registry is not set to make the remove button not show up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-remove-buttons-missing-in-add-remove-programs.660008/
Relevancy 29.67%

When an unwanted program has an "Uninstall" shortcut on the Start-->All Programs menu, is it better to uninstall it by using that shortcut or by using Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs? Or does it not make any difference?The programs in question are Netscape Browser and RealPlayer. They came preinstalled on the computer and have never used. The OS is Windows XP Media Center version.TIA,T Belden

A:Remove Programs Via Add/remove Or Start Menu Shortcut?

Hello T_Belden and to Bleeping Computer.As far as I am aware, it should not make a difference which uninstall method you use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125626/remove-programs-via-addremove-or-start-menu-shortcut/
Relevancy 29.67%

Sorry if this is a double / triple post.. My post won't show up..
Recently updated my laptop..to Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit
then this happen..

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-a...comment-122647

I don't want to use any scripts or softwares to fix this, I just want to know what KB

Update caused this so I can revert it back..

Tnx in advance ^^

~Do you click the USB icon in the tray before you remove the device?

Yes, I even tried left/right click..

Still an annoying safe to remove dialog box appears.. again, this recently happened when I

updated my laptop..

anyway..I just want to know the Windows KB Update that causes this to happen.. I don't want

to reformat again just for this

OR maybe I can do a repair installation? Will that remove all updates?

A:How to Remove Annoying “Safe To Remove Hardware” Message Box

Conclusion: I have done my research; it's not the KBs installed after windows update
Just notice that the annoying safe to remove dialog box with an
"OK" button that requires clicking or hitting Enter still appears after reformatting my laptop ^^

Solution: Upgrade to Windows7

~Microsoft has changed this functionality in Windows 7. Windows 7 shows a balloon tip instead of the dialog box.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271921-how-remove-annoying-safe-remove-hardware-message-box.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all I m tuning up a pc for a friend whose kids have installed numerous trial games itunes music oasis etc and other misc crap Got most of it to my liking except this can t get rid of entries in the Add Remove Programs applet in Control Panel itunes and music oasis Here s what I ve done so far Searched the web high and low and tried every suggestion offered to no avail In Regedit went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Current Version Uninstall and removed all the entries I wanted then rebooted went back into Add Remove remove in applet programs entries add/remove unwanted and remove unwanted entries in add/remove programs applet itunes and music oasis are still there Opened C Windows inf sysoc inf but the entries aren t even listed Someone suggested using Tweakui but as far as I can tell that only removes the applets in Control Panel unless I m missing something there Installed a program called Add Remove Program Cleaner but the offending entires aren t listed in there either And finally reinstalled itunes and music oasis then rebooted uninstalled them again and the entries are still in the Add Remove Programs list This is starting to irritate me Thanks in advance for any new suggestions as I d like to get this thing back to him cuz he needs to watch the farm markets tomorrow a m if he can nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

when I try to uninstall my Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 from my Dell desktop pc using add/remove, I get the following message.

"The install script engine on this machine is older than the version required to run this setup.If available please install the latest version of lsscript.msi, or contact your support personell for further assisstance"

can anyone help me to remove this program?

I have ordered Roxio Creator 2009 from Amazon.com. do you know if installing the RC2009 will automatically remove the EMC7? or will I have problems installing the newer Roxio Creator 2009 because something is missing from the older Roxio program?

A:add/remove does not work to remove Roxio program

REMC 9 will overwrite 7. But for a clean install, use the Revo Uninstaller program http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html be sure to use the Advanced option to remove the registry keys as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-does-not-work-to-remove-roxio-program-386179.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi..I have a Program that has been installed on my PC which I wish to remove using Add/Remove program from Control Panel...but it will not uninstall. Please let me know if this can be done from the Registry....and how I actually perform the task If not, is there another way? The uninstallation continues for a few minutes and then stops . Your assistance would be much appreciated....Ray.

A:[SOLVED] Unable to remove Program from Add/Remove

Open Task manager>Process to check whether this program is running or not. If not, you can try to uninstall by uninstall file,located in program files. If still not, you can use some third party uninstaller software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-remove-program-from-add-remove-484607.html
Relevancy 28.81%

I had ad aware 6 on my computer. I intstalled ad aware 7 without uninstalling 6. Ad aware 7 uninstalled it, but it is still on my add/remove programs list. How do I remove it from this list?

A:can't remove item from add/remove program list

Marye, Add-Remove Pro 2.10 is Free at the link below and will allow you to remove that entry.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Add-Remove-Pro.shtml

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-remove-item-from-add-remove-program-list.619298/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Defender definitions and updates from add/remove. It says "this update cannot be removed". I can't even find the program . Just how do I get rid of it?
I have windows xp. What should I do?

Thanks,
cajunbk

A:how to remove windows defender updates from add/remove

Follow the directions in the link below for disabling Defender. You cannot uninstall it in Vista. http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-disa...indows-DefenderYou will get still get alerts from security center until you replace Defender with another antispyware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220529/how-to-remove-windows-defender-updates-from-addremove/
Relevancy 28.81%

My spybot found the following four trojans, but they couldn't be removed. How do remove them and change the registry? Thanks

Win32.Agent.frl
Threat: Trojan

Win32.OnLineGame.jun

Win32.OnLineGames.na

Win32.Rungbu.a

Relevancy 28.81%

Okay, let me explain. This happened last month.

Once I decided to get rid of ZoneAlarm after installing it, in favour of COMODO. But after it uninstalled and requested a restart, the computer froze and the BSOD appeared. After reboot, ZoneAlarm was obviously gone, no registry keys, system files and no entry in Windows Security Center. But I forgot to check the Add/Remove Programs.

Now the entry's still there even though I uninstalled it a month ago. How do I remove it?

A:How do I remove phantom entries in Add/Remove Programs?

See Removing Invalid entries from Add/Remove: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176042/how-do-i-remove-phantom-entries-in-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 28.81%

Have Win XP Home Ed. 2002 SP3. Noticed I had 2 versions of Adobe Reader: 8.1.1 and 10. I wanted to remove the older 8.1.1 version, went to Control Panel > Add/Remove menu > highlighted Adobe Reader 8.1.1 > hit remove and got this message:

"this patch package could not be opened. Verify that this package patch exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vedor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package"

Then I saw on another similar post about using CCleaner to remove it. I went to Tools > highlighted Adobe Reader > clicked Run Uninstaller > got the exact same message as above.

What can I do next? Thank you for taking my concern.

A:Cannot Remove Adobe Reader 8.1.1 from Add/Remove Menu. Please Help!

Unfortunately, Adobe is notorious for leaving behind pieces of programs when it updates to a new version. You can check out Adobe forums and search on the reader forum, where likely many others have encountered your same problem. Some of the answers may be helpful.

Revo Uninstaller is an excellent uninstall program, and removes programs more completely than MS add/remove programs. It's free. Be careful in the advanced portions, that you don't delete an entry by mistake.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-remove-adobe-reader-8-1-1-from-add-remove-menu-please-help.998700/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am trying to remove a program i no longer want, but when i go to add or remove programs the remove button is no longer displayed for any program.Any suggestions?

A:add or remove programs/remove button missing

Click Start / Run and type REGEDIT and press Enter (or click Okay).

Then in the left pane, go through...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Locate the program name you want to remove...

In the right pane, do the following...
double click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set Value data to 0 (zero)
double click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set Value data to 0 (zero)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-or-remove-programs-remove-button-missing-67002.html
Relevancy 28.81%

How can i get the popup window c:/windows/system32/yozogate.dll and c:/windows/system32/jazuyana.dll upon turning on my computer? It says file cannot be found. I beleive my Norton removed it but i still get the popup AND i am getting redirected when i get online and search everytime. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-how-do-you-remove-a-c-windows-system32-yozogate-dll.844989/
Relevancy 28.81%

I downloaded a CD of a friend's Civil War research to my "Documents" file. Seems to be an Alpha Five v8 application with dozens of files. Not in the Add/Remove tool. When I try to manually delete files, copies of each are made. Icon the CD created on desktop won't open the alpha5.exe.manifest it calls up. How do I remove everything?? Computer running Windows XP3, 7 year old Compaq Presario...slow, but enough for my needs.

Relevancy 28.81%

A very long time ago, I had a user account for me and one for one of my friends. After a while, he didn't need to use my computer anymore, so I deleted his account, through the control panel's users option. He had downloaded something called Beam!2D and it shows on my Add/Remove programs. I try to do the add/remove and it will not remove it. I can see the path of where the program is supposedly installed, but the thing is that it's under the c:/Documents and settings for my friend and that account doesn't exist, so there is no folder.

It's taking 19,992mb and 19,923mb, because there are two instances of the program. How can I uninstall something that technically doesn't really exist? I don't want to restore my computer if I can avoid it.

A:Add/Remove Programs Cannot Remove Program: Can't Find It

No need to reformat you will however need to edit the registry.
Are you feeling comfortable to edit the registry?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-cannot-remove-program-cant-find-it-90290.html
Relevancy 28.81%

and it s giving me hell I installed the Eset NOD antivirus I wanted to give it a go I disliked it had a lot of trouble with it and finally tried to remove it For some reason I couldn t remove it on a conventional way using the add Solved: list... an item remove from Can't add/remove the remove tool so I removed it from my windows startup list and then physically removed the folder from my HDD and then used Solved: Can't remove an item from the add/remove list... PC Tools Registry Mechanic thinking that it would do the trick but it didn t Now I m stuck with the ghost of the NOD haunting my add remove programs list and I can t do anything to remove it I tried various registry cleaning programs but I just can t find it in the lists Here s a screen cap of it So any ideas Solved: Can't remove an item from the add/remove list... on what I can do to clear this The main problem is I can t install any other Eset antivirus I wanted to go to NOD while this thing is still in my add remove list BTW I m using Home edition winXP with SP nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

I uninstalled a prgm using its uninstaller but it still appears in the add/remove program list and in my program list accessed from START button. The prgm was definatley uninstalled can't be run and is completely gone from my system. I'm using XP Home.

Relevancy 28.81%

I am trying to totally delete and wipe out the icon & program on my desktop showing "AOL for Broadband".

When I left click on it and click on delete, a message pops up saying "Deleting the shortcut to GtCDTool only removes the icon. It does not uninstall the program.
If you want to uninstall the program, use Add or Remove Programs in control panel".

Well, I go to Add or Remove Programs and I cannot find anything listed as "AOL for Broadband" or "GtCDTool".

Anyone else here know how I can remove this program?

Thanks,
Drew

A:How do I remove a program not shown in Add/Remove Programs?

It should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. AOL now days has their support information locked down for vaild AOL users. I recommend you contact them, see: http://www.aol.com/support/index.adp?toc=install&page=02

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-a-program-not-shown-in-add-remove-programs.192367/
Relevancy 28.81%

hey guys and sorry if im reposting something that has been asked a million times before but my search isnt working when i try because the school's server is acting up really bad today.

i have a computer with 2 hard drives and i took out the second hard drive because im selling the computer but i still want the programs on it, which will run still without any extra files from the C: drive. so my question is this, how can i remove items from the add/remove programs list in the control panel without actually removing them? some i can go through and when it trys to uninstall something itll come up with an error and it will ask me if I want to remove the program from the list but other's dont work that way. any help would be great!

A:remove items from add/remove programs list

THe question is how does anybody know that the programs on drive D: do not have files on drive C:? If you want the programs that are used you have to install them again on the new computer, Windows of any version registers these programs in the system registry so therefore they have to be installed. The data is different this is not in the registry and can be backed up easily by making the drive a slave drive on the secondary IDE cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-items-from-add-remove-programs-list.580983/
Relevancy 28.81%

I tried to remove this program on add and remove program on my computer but it didn't work. What can I do?

A:How to remove this form add and remove programs on your comp

Hello pickles3579, what program are you trying to get rid of? What operating system? I am moving this topic to a forum where you will hopefully find some help if you provide more information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25861/how-to-remove-this-form-add-and-remove-programs-on-your-comp/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi PC Guru's :)

I had tried to install Adobe reader V8.1.1 the installation failed
with a msg saying it couldnt modify/update registry.

The prog shows up in the control panel under add/remove programs
but it cant be removed comes up with the error msg....

"this patch package could not be opened.Verify that the patch package
exists and that you can access it, of contact the vendor to verify that
this is a valid windows installer package"

well it came from the adobe www site some time ago so shouold be valid
Now I cant install an updated Adobe reader as installation fails because it
cant remove the old installation
there are currently no Adobe files showing in the registry

How do I solve this hassle?
Thanks in advance
Dave Nelson

A:[SOLVED] Cant remove prog in add/remove section

Hi Dave.

You can use HiJckThis or CCleaner to remove the listing from Add/Remove.

I would use CCleaner in this instance though. It's features stand better chance at resolving your issue.

http://www.ccleaner.com/features

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-remove-prog-in-add-remove-section-226017.html
Relevancy 28.81%

​Hi, can someone say if there is any way to delete:
1 Microsoft.BioEnrollment
2 Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin
3 Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost
4 windows.immersivecontrolpanel
5 Microsoft.LockApp
6 Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge
7 Microsoft.PPIProjection
8 Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp
9 Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager
10 Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls
11 Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience
12 Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI
13 Windows.ContactSupport
14 Windows.MiracastView
15 Windows.PrintDialog
16 Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
17 Microsoft.AccountsControl

I've tried also manually and also the following 3 scripts, but still no result.

remove-default-apps
https://github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-W...fault-apps.ps1

RemoveWindowsStoreApp.ps1
https://github.com/dwj7738/My-Powers...wsStoreApp.ps1

reclaimWindows10.ps1
https://gist.github.com/alirobe/7f3b34ad89a159e6daa1

Even one of the scripts says:

# apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage
#"Microsoft.BioEnrollment"
#"Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge"
#"Microsoft.Windows.Cortana"
#"Microsoft.WindowsFeedback"
#"Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI"
#"Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider"
#"Windows.ContactSupport"

Also tried to untag them, still no result.

Sincerely.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69532-how-remove-apps-cannot-removed-using-remove-appxpackage.html
Relevancy 28.81%

"IF" I want to remove or change name of some items in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs , what should I do ? I try Run ->Regedit , but don't know the next step .

A:How to change name or remove item from Add/Remove Programs

Like what? For i.e.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-name-or-remove-item-from-add-remove-programs.148790/
Relevancy 28.81%

Okay, I have to say that one of my biggest pet peaves of the microsoft operating system is the inefficiency of system updates, and where they are stored. For example, Windows installer 3.1 is an update related to the inner-workings of the operating system itself, yet windows displays it in my add/remove programs list. This is software that I have no intentions of getting rid of, so is there a way I can remove it from the add/remove programs list without actually removing the critical files that are needed by the system? My add/remove programs list is getting rather cluttered, and the majority of it is system updates that show up even when the 'show updates' option is not selected.

A:How To Remove Items From Add/remove Programs Without Uninstalling Them

Are you comfortable playing in your registry?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134749/how-to-remove-items-from-addremove-programs-without-uninstalling-them/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi everybody
I have a application name WebFldrs XP in my Add & Remove Program list
and I want to remove it but I can't. So I need your help.
Thanks so much

A:Can not remove application in Add & Remove Program list

I found this post: http://forums.techguy.org/t228465&highlight=WebFldrs+XP.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-remove-application-in-add-remove-program-list.388430/
Relevancy 28.81%

I use Windows XP. I have two problems using the Add/Remove function in my Control Panel: specifically I want to remove a program called "Creative Zen V Series (R2). The prompt after attempting to remove comes back with "The specific module could not be found" and leaves the program showing. I need to get rid of this entry.

Secondly I want to remove "Calendar Creator 9" and when this is selected to remove, I get a prompt that says "To install the program it must first be removed using the Control Panel function Add/Remove. This is frustrating as that is exactly what I'm trying to do, NOT INSTALL the program again.

Could use some help with this. Remaining programs can be removed easily using the add/remove function.

Mel

A:Cannot remove program using Add/Remove in Control Panel

Uninstall Both the Programs Manually

To remove the invalid/orphaned entries from the Add/Remove applet manually [Windows 2000/XP]

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
2. Locate the following key in the registry:
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
4. Make sure you backup the keys by exporting them to a .reg file.
5. Look for the name of the program with the orphaned entry.
6. Delete the entire listing for the software with the orphaned entry.
7. Close the registry editor.
8. Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-remove-program-using-add-remove-in-control-panel.660106/
Relevancy 27.95%

When I go into control panel and click on 'Add or Remove Programs' the only option that come up are 'Add a program from CD-ROM or Floppy Disk' and 'Add Programs from Microsoft'. I can still Add/Remove Windows Components and Set Program Access and Defaults. Is it possible this is a virus? If so, what do I do with it? Or since this is a work laptop can the IT guys make it so I can't access it? Please help me!!

PS. I don't have the option to have the IT guys fix this. I just need to make it function again.

A:Add/remove programs will not let me in to remove ANYTHING?! (Using Windows XP)

Have you used any system cleaners or optimizers?

Until you find a fix, this may work as an alternative (it also allows you to remove entries that stay in Add/Remove after a program has been uninstalled):

MyUninstaller
Revo Uninstaller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-will-not-let-me-in-to-remove-anything-using-windows-xp.788495/
Relevancy 27.95%

I ran an AVG rootkit scan and it found

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLAIFS_M.SYS";"IRP hook, \FileSystem\Cdfs IRP_MJ_FILE_SYSTEM_CONTROL -> DLAIFS_M.SYS +0x912";"Object is hidden"
It says it is not a threat. When I clicked on remove it, I got a pop-up saying, "Object is hidden by a rootkit technique,,(which is usually used by a malicious software), do I still want to remove it?
What should I do?
Thanks dsmom

A:Solved: Remove or not remove rootkit

Ignore it
There are lots of legitimate hidden processes on acomputer & this is connected to sonic cd burning

if you are stupid enough to remove it, you will not be able to burn CDs/DVDs & probably won't be able to even use the cd/dvd drive at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remove-or-not-remove-rootkit.985056/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have an acute problem and posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208619/mpfmgr-mpfwiz-mprosafe-msvc80-x86-mwlssafe-mxml/ I have been advised to consult this forum for assistanceKindly help meThanks & best regards

A:No Add/Remove button in my add/remove programs

Hi farakhkhan,I believe Grinler meant for you to post in this forum about your issue with Zone Alarm. Because this forum is for discussing security software. Could you describe in some more detail exactly what the issue is with Zone Alarm? You see a red X over ZA when you close your laptop--what about when you open it? Or can you notice when the X appears during the time that you are logged in to Windows?I haven't used ZA in years so someone else who does use it should confirm, but if I remember correctly a red X in a circle over the ZA icon in the system tray means that ZA firewall is disabled or not working. Please give as much information as possible.I'm not sure if Grinler meant to continue helping you with your Add/Remove issue--usually when you have a topic in the malware removal forum you should only post to it until your helper has resolved the issue or closed the topic for whatever reason. I can try to assist about your other issues, but be sure to ask Grinler what he thinks and be sure to post to him the address to this topic.First, please describe what else is wrong with your Control Panel. A screenshot would be nice. When did you notice that you had lost the buttons in your Add/Remove applet? Think hard about this. Your logs show that you have been running RegistryBooster fairly often in the last two months. My guess is that RegistryBooster deleted something it shouldn't have and that is why you are having missing buttons in Add/Remove, problems with Control Panel and perhaps could even be responsible for the Zone Alarm issues. So if you can remember if these problems occurred after you had run RegistryBooster, then this would be very helpful in attempting to solve this problem. Registry cleaners in general cause more problems than they solve and it is debatable if they solve any problems whatsoever. If you do think your problems started after running this reg cleaner, then I hope you have set it to make backups--if possible restore anything that RegistryBooster has deleted and hope that it actually works. Registry backups for these type of programs are often not viable. If they do work and the problem goes away, I would strongly suggest uninstalling RegistryBooster.Another thing I've seen in you log that might factor in to RegistryBooster being inaccurate is that on your system, Windows is installed in a folder by a name I've never seen before. For XP and above, the Windows system folder is normally C:\WINDOWS\system32. For Win2000 it is normally C:\WINNT\system32--yours is c:\ieawinnt\system32. So could you give some history of the computer you are using, please? Is it a work computer, how old is it and do you know if Windows 2000 was ever installed on it?If you really need to uninstall something before you get this all straightened out, you might try using Revo Uninstallerhttp://www.revouninstaller.com/When you open this program, it will reproduce the list of installed programs with their icons, much like what you see in Add/Remove. When you double-click on a program's icon, it will run the program's uninstaller just like what happens when you use Add/Remove. It also will show you some leftover registry entries and files that you have the option to delete. Be very careful with the registry section, it sometimes does not expand the folders to the part you want to delete--if you don't recognize the entry as part of the program you are uninstalling then don't allow Revo to delete it. But if you make a mistake, run System Restore immediately--Revo makes a restore point before uninstalling anything you ask it to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214610/no-addremove-button-in-my-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 27.95%

I need to remove a program from the Add/Remove programs list that was on a drive that failed. I have tried the registry trick to no avail. I can't find it in the uninstall keys. I tried TweakUI, PowerTools 2010 and AddRemoveCleaner. None of these helped. With TweakUI, I couldn't find anything that would do the trick. The part that said Control Panel only seems to allow you to hide something. PowerTools wouldn't remove it and the program doesn't show in the list for AddRemoveCleaner.

Any better ideas????

Relevancy 27.95%

I face the same problem today. Everything is fine before this morning. I un-installed several microsoft software e.g. Visual Studio 2005 Express edition. Then I restarted my machine. I found most of "Modify/Remove" buttons are removed although the applications are still displayed. Only two of the applications still have Modify/Remove button.

I checked the registry, i notices the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
becomes empty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-remove-button-in-add-remove-window-180049.html
Relevancy 27.95%

i went into my registry and removed a program before i uninstalled it oops.now the icon is still in ad remove programs i cant reinstall the program it tells me that ther is anouther instans of the program installed.all i want to do in reinstall the program.eny help would be great.thanks in advance.

Relevancy 27.95%

Ok so I am having the EXACT same problem no Uninstall reg folder No Remove button in window. Remove add/remove No Change bottuns on any of my No Remove button in add/remove window. Add Remove entries entries that should be there are missing and there are also duplicate entries of some programs None of those proposed solutions worked weren't applicable I do have ccleaner on my computer but I'm pretty sure it's not the cause Let me explain I was doing a little computer tunning up on my mother's computer she uses AOL and needs all the help she can get I defraged and ran the ccleaner no problems Run windows updates including installing XP SP cause a endless reboot cycle got it fixed via a registry entry disable After that everything was fine then I decided to go and uninstall the software installers that came with her computer These programs where not installed on the computer but installers for them where and they where given entries in the Add Remove UI i e weatherbug installer quicken new user edition installer and Microsoft money installer So I start with WeatherBug no problem Then go to Quicken New User it said it was a MB program it sat there uninstalling for over mins at which point a assumed there was something wrong The uninstaller window consisted of no canel buttons just the title bar and the two folder copy animation Since there was no way to cancel it I decided to do a log off It took a while but it did it When I logged back on the Add Remove UI was screwed up with no buttons including the Microsoft money installer entry missing entirely and duplicate entries for Norton Internet Security Here's a image Please Help

A:No Remove button in add/remove window.

The only real way to solve this problem is to re-install the program to the same location on which ever hard drive it was located on, the problem is with ccleaner one of th eolder versions about a year ago had a problem in it and if you have not upgraded to a newer version this happens, More than likely this happened a long time ago and you are just noticing it. Like I said< start re-installing all of the programs over again and that will solve the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-remove-button-in-add-remove-window-307885.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Age of Empires III is stuck in my add/remove programs - I've deleted every file I can find on my computer relating to it but its still there. When I try to remove it the install shield comes up then asks if I would like to remove it - I click yes and then it comes up with:

'Uninstall Complete'
'Installshield Wizard has finished uninstalling Age of Empires III'

But it stays on my Add/Remove programs. Is there anyway to get it off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-remove-age-of-empires-from-add-remove-programs.739631/
Relevancy 27.95%

When I goto add/remove programs, I don't see the Remove button under any of the programs listed. Also, alot of the programs dissapeared from the list.

I had about 5 games listed before, now they don't show up. Windows updates don't show up, even when I check the Show Updates checkbox.

Also, most of the programs dont show size at the end.

Here's how it looks:

A:No Remove button in add/remove window.

This is becoming a very popular issue in the last 2 weeks, I feel it is caused by an update from Windows but am yet to confirm this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240348/

To resolve this issue:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
3. Click the folder of the program that has more than 63 characters in the title, right-click DisplayName, and then click Modify.
4. In the Value data box, type a name with less than 63 characters, and then click OK.
5. If the program's uninstall key name is longer than 63 characters, shorten it also. For example, the following key name is too long:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
6. Quit Registry Editor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-remove-button-in-add-remove-window-164689.html
Relevancy 27.95%

i can't remove "MICKEY MOUSE KINDERGARTEN" from add remove programs and every time I restart it shows the memory on that program has increased, something is really slowing this laptop down and i need help, i dont know anything much about this kinda stuff but did try to remove it from the registry and it still shows up on add/remove

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP2800+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 190 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON IGP 320M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57223 MB, Free - 43690 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0024
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Can't remove program from add/remove on windows xp

1.From the Windows Taskbar, click on Start and from the Start Menu point to Programs (Windows 98/Me) or All Programs (Windows XP); from the Programs submenu, select Disney Interactive.

2.From the Disney Interactive submenu, point to the Mickey Mouse Kindergarten folder and click on the icon labeled Mickey Mouse Kindergarten Uninstall.

3.Follow the on-screen instructions and prompts to complete the uninstallation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-remove-program-from-add-remove-on-windows-xp.1075952/
Relevancy 27.95%

I thought this was an iTunes problem but after exhausting all possible resources for answers I now think it's a Windows XP problem When I googled this problem it just came up with registry cleanup software s I dont like them I dont trust them so I posted here where reliability has prevailed before for me Now I KNOW you have had other posts asking about this problem but I didn't REMOVE CANT from ADD/REMOVE.... [SOLVED] ITUNES know what catagory to post in so feel free to tell me where to post about this if I am in error My last post [SOLVED] CANT REMOVE ITUNES from ADD/REMOVE.... it was a different subject went to different catagories I thought I was supposed to do that to reach as many advisors as possible but later I found the quot repliers quot were mad at me for triple [SOLVED] CANT REMOVE ITUNES from ADD/REMOVE.... posting- I'm sorry I wont do it again The quot CANT REMOVE ITUNES from ADD REMOVE quot problem is wide spread and iTunes doesnt have any answers yet Right now I'm going to try to find somewhere on the forum where this problem may have already been addressed Can you help me and countless others Sincerely Abandoned Pet

A:[SOLVED] CANT REMOVE ITUNES from ADD/REMOVE....

Since it's an Apple problem, did you go to their site covering the subject?
Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP
If so, what happened? Did you manually remove the files they suggested?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-remove-itunes-from-add-remove-582959.html
Relevancy 27.95%

when i go into the add/remove program, i see that there is no remove button for any button except HijackThis and Paint.NET, which i just installed.

After seeing a fix for this in another thread i went to regedit to fix the problem but the only entries there were for Hijackthis and paint.net.

Here is a screenshot of regedit:

A:No remove button in add/remove program

Hello A.M.B

This is quite a common problem but no one seems to know what causes it. It is thought that it might be malware.

If the registry keys are missing there is no way to fix Add/Remove Programs other than reinstalling all the programs.

To uninstall a program have a look in
Start/All Programs.
Find the program name and hover over it. Sometimes an uninstaller is in the pop out menu.

OR
Go to "Programs" and find the program`s folder. Search through all the subfolders for an uninstaller. It is usually something like "un****.exe"

OR
Use Revo Uninstaller

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-remove-button-in-add-remove-program-403230.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I have been using MaxiVista 2, with some success. I have recently downloaded the next version, MaxiVista 3. This requires that I remove all traces of the previous version. After using the Add-Remove tool, it looks as if the registry has still references to version 2.

Is there a safe way to remove the earlier version, without getting too deeply involved in Regedit?

Help would be appreciated.

A:How do I remove a program that Add-remove tool can't get rid of?

http://www.maxivista.com/forum/index.php

Checking their forum (quickly, mind you) I did see some references to incomplete v2 uninstalls.

The suggested fix is to reinstall v2, then uninstall again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-remove-a-program-that-add-remove-tool-cant-get-rid-of-165418.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello my friends my computer has been freezing and lots of my programs are not responding What scan. this remove to not hijack and on remove I run What to remove and not remove on hijack this scan. the avg software every day and it always finds the same threats I sometimes run the program back to back and it finds the same threats again After every scan I go to the virus vault and delete everything it finds but it always finds them again I recently ran a scan with hijack this but i do not know whats a threat and what is normal can anyone help me if you need additional info let me know Also am i doing the right thing by deleting the threats from the virus vault or should i just leave them there Any help is appreciated the log for the hijack this log is this I will also try to add the one from avg Sorry I cannot copy and paste the log from AVG it found like threats one was a trojan Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files Prevx PXAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe C Program Files Prevx PXConsole exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system dlcccoms exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Azureus Azureus exe c program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings eliteway Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE J QF Z HiJackThis v HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft ... Read more

Relevancy 27.95%

One of my foster kids connected his phone to my computer and tried to do something Add remove Can't error Programs; Remove -Get or msg with his phone MotoConnect and the Motorola Driver Installation showed up He Add or Remove Programs; Can't remove -Get error msg never got it to work properly Add or Remove Programs; Can't remove -Get error msg and now I can t get rid of it This also happened with his zune too And that has been next to impossible to remove as well I still get registry entries for it The error on the MotoConnect is There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A program required for this install to complete could not be run Contact your support personnel or package vendor Fatal error during installation One on the driver Installation it doesn t even give me an option to remove it just says used rarely Any help would be appreciated I have to eke a little bit more life out of XP Pro before I can upgrade to Win I don t think my system is quot enough quot to run it Thank you Beth

A:Add or Remove Programs; Can't remove -Get error msg

Try Revo Uninstaller get the free version.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399273/add-or-remove-programs;-cant-remove-get-error-msg/
Relevancy 27.95%

and does not have an uninstaller ?? any help is appreciated

A:How do you remove a program that is not in Add/Remove programs ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-remove-a-program-that-is-not-in-add-remove-programs.417616/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi there,

I downloaded Spybot and found out that I have two viruses that I will not go away. I tried to delete it out but it keep telling me that I have to log in as an administor to do that. I'm the only user and owner of this computer.

The two viruses that I have are FakeMSNBeta and PSW.WOW. Please help me! I have no idea what are these viruses and where they came from. Please help me remove. Thank you for your help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-remove-fakemsn8beta-and-psw-wow-viruses-please-help-remove.805795/
Relevancy 27.95%

My son downloaded an inappropriate game and I am unable to remove it in the add and remove program. It gives me the message that it is unable to locate the installation log file, and the uninstallation will not continue. How do I get rid off this??

Relevancy 27.95%

I need to remove a program from my computer but it isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs and it doesn't have an uninstall file. How do I get it off my computer?
Thanks.

A:How To Remove Program That Isn't In Add/remove List?

What program are you trying to get rid of?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66465/how-to-remove-program-that-isnt-in-addremove-list/
Relevancy 27.95%

How do you remove a program off the list in the add/remove window without uninstalling the program? TweakU doesn't have the option, I think.

Thanks.

A:remove item from add/remove window

sorry i was wrong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-item-from-add-remove-window.57744/
Relevancy 27.95%

Ok this is what I did I already had cs and had numerous will programs Add/Remove not remove files plugins brushes installed I bought Photoshop cs I Add/Remove programs will not remove files decide that instead of re-downloading all of my plugins brushes etc from cs I would just move them from cs into the cs folders This worked fine for the brushes and a few of the plugins However I m having trouble with Topaz Adjust Simplify DeNoise Detail Clean Remask DeJPEG When I open them in cs some of the tools and features are missing so I tried to uninstall them with add remove programs The uninstall program starts but then gives me a pop up that says Fatal Error I moved the program back to the original cs folders but was still unable to uninstall it So I re-downloaded and attempted to re-install the programs but my computer would not complete the installation It sees another version of the program is already installed and recommends going to add remove programs to uninstall it first So then I deleted the folders from the computer This of course did not work I know bad idea So then I used system restore but this did not fix my problem So I downloaded the programs onto another computer and put them on a memory stick I hoped that I could choose the repair option and tell it where to find the files This did not work Add/Remove programs will not remove files either Any suggestions My computer is a Dell Latitude D laptop running XP Professional Edition Thanks

A:Add/Remove programs will not remove files

You could try a 3rd party program removal utility such as Revo Uninstaller. It will typically first try to remove it with the programs uninstaller that comes with the application, if this fails it will remove associated files/registry keys which should remove it from your add/remove programs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343633/addremove-programs-will-not-remove-files/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello
I am trying to uninstall a program but I am getting a message that the msi file can not be found. How can I remove it from the "Add and Remove Program" or from my computer completly.

thank you for your help.

Carvilep

A:Can not remove an application using Add and Remove Program

duplication

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-remove-an-application-using-add-and-remove-program.672079/
Relevancy 27.95%

Does anyone know anything about a program "TSA"? This program came with an uninstall program icon that did not work. The program in my add and/remove programs section is not able to be removed. When you click to uninstall, it comes up with "could not open INSTALL.LOG file" and places random .exe files in a temp directory. These .exe files try to connecting to a DNS server. You can delete the .exe files but

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE PROGRAM IN MY ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS?

i need help please,
rachel

Relevancy 27.95%

Hi
I am trying to uninstall a program but I am getting a message that " windows installer can not find the path to remove the program".
I would like to know if there is a way to delete or uninstall this program complete from my computer.

thanks for you help
carvilep

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi.
I am trying to remove programs that I do not need to free up some space.

I came across this "phonics" program in the Add or Remove Programs list. When i tried to click to see details, this is the message I got:

"An error occurred while trying to remove Phonics. You do not have access to E:\setup.exe.
You can specify the new uninstall program below."

Then it has a form fill line and beside that a "Browse" button, then a "Ok" and "Cancel".

My question is What the heck is this and do I need it on my computer? It does not list support information like most of the other programs do.

Please help.... I am confused!

A:Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP: Found "Phonics" Tried to remove error code. What?

To my knowledge, it is not needed. Do you have kids? I sounds like a kids program or part of one. I am new to this list, but have lots of hands on experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-in-windows-xp-found-phonics-tried-to-remove-error-code-what.794032/
Relevancy 27.52%

After numerous attempts to speed up my VAIO laptop (cleanup, defrag, add 2 extra gig of RAM, removing unwanted start-ups, etc) it's still incredibly slow in all situations. I notice in MSCONFIG under the "SERVICES" tab (not the Startup tab) there are 120 items listed, 82 of which are shown as "Running."

Where can I find a list (preferably free) that shows me which of those running items are unnecessary.

I'm a good enough writer but a pitifully poor techie, so a simple explanation would be welcome.

A:How to remove recognize/remove items under "Services" tag in SYSTEM CONFIG window?

Have a look Here ....

Black Viper's Web Site

It's the favorite side for those looking to cut the services load

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229610-how-remove-recognize-remove-items-under-services-tag-system-config-window.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t help-win kryptikbat-trojan-cant-remove OBHiI have been in the the process where one of the team had tried to help me remove the virus but he refered me to this as he cant do CANT remove NOD32 Dectated Trojan My Win32/Kryptik.BAT Trojan Cant HELP!! REMOVE!!!!!!!, it Nod keeps poping up saying i have Win Kryptik BAT trojan When scanned it cant be found I have attach the image of what it says on NOD quarnatined Also i have attched the ATTACH EXE file on the DSS scan and posted the DSS results and RootRepeal results When i enter internet explorer it keeps saying internet explorer needs to be shut down but when clicked ok it stays open for some strange reason it HELP!! Win32/Kryptik.BAT Trojan CANT REMOVE!!!!!!!, Trojan Dectated My NOD32 Cant remove also keeps sending me to FAKE antivirus websites via internet explorer Also the compluter is slower than HELP!! Win32/Kryptik.BAT Trojan CANT REMOVE!!!!!!!, Trojan Dectated My NOD32 Cant remove usual but still quick Now and agen it pops up saying The Windows CardSpace service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion which i dont know if is anything to do with it Any more Infomation please ask I hope you can help guys Its P ing me off Thanks Y DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Nathan at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV ESET NOD Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C SP ESET NOD Antivirus enabled Updated E E D - - HELP!! Win32/Kryptik.BAT Trojan CANT REMOVE!!!!!!!, Trojan Dectated My NOD32 Cant remove B -A D -D D C BB SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SupServ exeC Windows system PnkBstrA exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Nathan Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk BHO Adobe PDF Link He... Read more

A:HELP!! Win32/Kryptik.BAT Trojan CANT REMOVE!!!!!!!, Trojan Dectated My NOD32 Cant remove

Hi team . sorry but i couldnt wait any longer it was just trashing my system so i rest vista with a new copy cheers for help any way (Y)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275444/help-win32kryptikbat-trojan-cant-remove-trojan-dectated-my-nod32-cant-remove/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a tablet with 32gb internal memory. I bought s 64gb MicroSD card that has my Onedrive folder and system libraries on it. I will use a dab of hot glue to semi-permanently lock it in, as I have no intention of ever removing it.

But the SD card still shows up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" Dialogue box. How can I take it out?

Thanks.

A:Remove SD card from "Safely remove devices" daialogue box?

The port, and in turn the card, will always be identified as a removable device, never seen that to be a problem except on my Desktop that has a Card Reader [in place of the floppy drive] and the times I plug in Thumb drives and only in assuring I click on the correct drive I want to remove.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67957-remove-sd-card-safely-remove-devices-daialogue-box.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, after I instaled Deamon Tools, Windows starth show safety remove button in taskbar. Its possible hide this button?

A:How to remove "safety remove" button from taskbar?

if you use action center you can otherwise, there is no way aht i know of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/8251-how-remove-safety-remove-button-taskbar.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Since recently acquiring my new er computer I have had a quot safely remove hardware quot icon in the task tray that I cannot remove or get to operate successfully I have attached screen capture shots of the windows that appear when I attempt to remove this quot hardware quot and the icon The upshot of the problem is that whenever I ve attempted to quot stop quot the hardware I always get a message saying quot The device cannot be stopped now Try stopping the device again later The device which you can see in the attached screen shots is described as quot generic volume quot with what appears to be some form of identification number If or (safely hardware) remove Cannot taskbar associated hardware icon remove anyone can tell me what this little rascal is and or how I can remove it and the icon from the taskbar I d appreciate it P Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware S - I ve newly learned that this quot device quot with it s Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware icon in the system tray is the hard drive by comparing the associated ID indicated in the quot properties quot window with the hard drive in the device manager window I certainly don t want to remove the hard Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware drive but does anyone know why an icon for this device would appear in the taskbar or know how to remove the icon only nbsp

A:Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-remove-taskbar-safely-remove-hardware-icon-or-associated-hardware.760199/
Relevancy 26.23%

Does anyone know how to remove the "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar? I do not mean hide it. I have my icons always show in the notification area because I don't like the arrow icon either.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon

there is no option in "customize notification icons" when you right-click in the notification area?.
one other thing to check is whether or not your usb device is optimized for performance or quick removal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4727-remove-safely-remove-hardware-icon.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Each time I try to remove quot Web Search quot with add Remove programs I get an error dialog - quot The Microsoft Java Virtual Machine cannot find main class will exit quot FYI I was just reading another forum after googling for removal tools and someone suggested that the only way to remove it was to format the drive and start over I m still laughing but I guess it s sad because someone is going to believe that advice Anyways looking for good suggestions and directions I m still laughing edited I m unable to run the new version of HJT it keeps giving me an error and knock me out added a HJT for good measure using the older versions Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes with Search" "Web Add/Remove Programs Unable to remove C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Unable to remove "Web Search" with Add/Remove Programs WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Unable to remove "Web Search" with Add/Remove Programs PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Utilities hijack this HijackThis old exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab nbsp

A:Unable to remove "Web Search" with Add/Remove Programs

Hello ucurl!

Your HijackThis log is clean.

Your error message suggests that you have something missing or in error with the installation of the Microsoft version of the java virtual machine.

I am not sure how to help you with this problem, but I can tell you that it is not a security threat.

I suggest that you post your problem in the Windows XP forum on this website.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-remove-web-search-with-add-remove-programs.328019/
Relevancy 26.23%

You might be frustrated when seeing all your important files and folders are converted into Shortcut Folders on your PC Laptop or Pen-drive Without wasting any time you were trying to remove shortcut virus immediately And Permanen Remove Virus: to Shortcut Best Remove Virus Methods you were die trying to delete these shortcuts from your drives but they are so stubborn that they won't go out Remove Shortcut Virus: Best Methods to Remove Virus Permanen of your pc Even you succeeded in deleting them but they come again after few seconds And finally you started searching on google browsing many pages but you didn't get anything worthy this happens to me also Finally I decided to write the solution for those people who are searching to remove shortcut virus from their PC Laptop or Pen-drive And Here I prepared the guide on How one can remove shortcut virus from their drives Before we dive in methods of deleting shortcut virus from every drive I want you to know some important points regarding shortcut virus What is a Shortcut Virus Why this Shortcut Virus in PC Laptop or Pen-drive occurs What are the types of Shortcut Viruses How to remove shortcut virus from PC Pen-drive or any drive How one can prevent Shortcut Virus in Future Let's discuss them in short detail or you directly go to point no from above by clicking it What is a Shortcut Virus I will not answer this question You already know the answer that's why you have landed on this page still didn't get the point then read first paragraph again or comment below Why this Shortcut Virus in PC Laptop or Pen-drive occurs Now that's a meaningful question Here is the answer for this query If your antivirus is not able to update its programs to latest available version Updated antiviruses has more number of anti-threat programs then its previous version Using external USB storage i e Pen-drive without scanning Pen-drive might have lots of harmful viruses such as Trojan Opening Unknown sources i e files and folders which have hidden malicious script inside By downloading untrusted third party applications which have virus Plugging your USB drive in someone's else computer which contains virus What are the types of Shortcut Viruses There are mainy three types of shortcut viruses are found till date Drive shortcut virusAs the name suggests In this a shortcut of whole drive is created No matter what type of drive is Folder shortcut virusA shortcut of folder is created with all its contents wraps togetherFile shortcut virusMakes the shortcut of an executable file This is the least effective virus among all three types Remove Shortcut Virus Best Methods to Remove Virus From PendriveHow to remove shortcut virus from PC Pen-drive or any drive There are six methods which can help you to remove shortcut virus from your pc Delete Shortcut Virus using CMD command prompt Remove Shortcut Virus using software USB Fix and SVR Using WinRAR to retrieve original files BAT file method to remove virus permanently Deleting Virus directly from registry Tweaking CONFIG Delete Shortcut Virus using CMDOpen CMD command prompt Go to Run - type CMD - Hit enter Type the name of your drive or removal drive and a colon after it and hit enter Example - e Now type attrib -h -r -s s d e Replace e with the drive name of your drive Press enter Steps To Delete Shortcut Virus By Using CMD Remove Shortcut Virus using softwareUsing USB Fix Download USB Fix Connect your USB drive External HDD drive which contains the shortcut virus Run UsbFix software Click on Deletion On clicking it the process to remove shortcut virus will start It will then ask you to restart your PC Using Shortcut Virus Remover Download Shortcut Virus Remover Connect your USB drive External HDD drive which contains the shortcut virus Run software Follow on screen instructions Using WinRAR to retrieve original filesDownload WinRAR Run WinRAR application Now move on to your infected drive Inside it you ll find all your files safe and clearly visible Select... Read more

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/remove-shortcut-virus-best-methods-to-remove-virus-permanen/19633.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all I d like to start by saying I m a big fan of this add/remove to from remove aaa unable site it has been helpful many times in the past A little bit of background on me I have been running a small on call on site computer repair service for a few years and have some CompTia certs I am a Moderator for a forum at a well respected and large fps game site so i do truly understand what you guys deal with and appreciate all the time and effort This is the first thing I ve run across that I have failed to fix remove Ok on to my issue I did get a version of the security tools virus kids get on this pc sometimes lol I was able to remove it and all the BHO s that went with it using rkill combofix HijackThis and Malwarebytes But one thing that remains in my cp It calls itself aaa and uses the java icon publisher bbb comments unable to remove aaa from add/remove ccc I have hit a wall trying to figure out what this exactly is I have nothing quot going wrong quot on this pc but unable to remove aaa from add/remove it still bothers me and can t be good When i try to uninstall it simply says it can t I have tried searching these forums and doing what another thread suggested which is pretty much the same things i did to rid myself of the virus in the first place but the person infected never responded and the thing remains So I am asking for some help on this My stats win xp pro AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM mhz FireFox Avira AV Many thanks for your time

A:unable to remove aaa from add/remove

If Add/Remove Programs is showing an entry but the program/folder has been removed, then its likely an orphaned entry in the Windows registy. Orphaned entries can be removed by going the registry but a much safer and easier way to do this is to download and use a third party program like MyUninstaller or RevoUninstaller. After launching the program, right-click on the entry and choose the option to "Delete the selected entry".To fix manually in the registry, refer to:How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add/Remove Programs ListRemoving invalid entries from Add or Remove ProgramsKellys Korner: Removing Invalid Entries in the Add/Remove Programs ToolCAUTION: This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387585/unable-to-remove-aaa-from-addremove/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, had help from aguy called buddy with my last problem. Very good advice - it worked.

This time I downloaded a program some time back, and would now like to remove it.

Going to the control panel and clicking on the add remove icon - no problem. selecting the the unwanted program OK

Am I sure I want to remove it ----Yes

Alert - some files are used by other processes, please close and try again. Same thing happens.

eventually a message will show saying ---fatal error during installation.

This program keeps tring to show-- slowing down the computer boot up.

Any way I can disable it or better still remove it

Cheers and thanks --great site
Glossa

A:Windows Xp Add Or Remove -will Not Remove?

Try uninstalling from safe mode.Reboot into Safe Mode by continuously tapping the F8 key as soon as the computer begins to boot. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98773/windows-xp-add-or-remove-will-not-remove/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a program (Madden Football 2002) which is appearing ONLY on my Add/Remove Programs list in XP. It will not let me delete or uninstall the program using Add/Remove, NOR will it let me install the program - I get various error messages like "Error - Module Corrupted" or "Registry Error: Setkey-folder". The CD is fine, because it will work in other computers and the program USED to work just fine. I went in the registry and removed every mention of "Madden" and deleted any files/folders relating to Madden.

Relevancy 25.8%

I am having a problem Uninstalling an unregistered Version of Adobe CS2. I went through the manual uninstalling process following This Tutorial. And the programs are still there along with Many others that I can not change or uninstall. There are only 3 programs listed in the Uninstall folder in the registry but there are 23 more in the Add/remove menu.Edit: I had to do a Manual uninstall because I couldn't uninstall through windows or Adobe

A:Can't Remove Programs From Add/remove

Can you reinstall it and then try to uninstall it again? Did you check to see if there was an unistaller in the Start - All Programs - CS2 area? Also browse to the folder that contains CS2 files. Sometimes they place uninstallers there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107909/cant-remove-programs-from-addremove/