Windows Support Forum

problems with windows 7 help plz

Q: problems with windows 7 help plz

i am running windows 7 and my problems is it wont let me follow links i need it keeps saying windows is not responding and same when i try surf for pics on internet it stops working i dont understand windows 7 it is so annoying i think i hate windows 7 and need help plz

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: problems with windows 7 help plz

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: problems with windows 7 help plz

blueeyedgirl,

Windows 7 is actually a very good & fast program. Once you are used to it you will see.

We really need a few more details from you...

* What Browser are you using when when this problem occurs? {Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome}

* Tell us what AntiVirus you use please.
Did your computer come preloaded with another AntiVirus? If so what was it?

* You could also check in Event Viewer
Type eventvwr in search > go to the windows log > application tab.
Look for anything related & with a red mark.
Let us know the Event ID and source code.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/179608-problems-windows-7-help-plz.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi about days ago I turned on my pc and many weird things started happening first it took a lot of time for the explorer exe to load so the desktop or taskbar didn t appear until after maybe - minutes Then the taskbar looked really weird it seemed like it had been cut horizontally so you couldn t get to see the whole lower part of the taskbar and it wasn t the screen size config since I tried changing that and it didn t work I thought it might be some kind of virus so I opened Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I got the following message Run-time error Failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalsgrid ocx Your version of vbalsgrid ocx may be outdated Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application Then also I noticed I can t paste anything anywhere or drag things so I can t copy paste things or cut-paste things then since yesterday I problems...etc. windows explorer problems, audio/video vbalsgrid6.ocx problems, no longer have a taskbar and I also can t use the search windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. function not even when I go into My PC and click on the search icon a frame appears on the left just as it should but it just stays blue Also when I go into taskmanager and go to processes the Username under all processes is blank except for one Inactive process under SYSTEM when normally many of them were under Administrator and others And finally I can t open windows media player and when windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. I open iTunes i get the following message iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly and it also doesn t detect mi iPod when I connect it to the computer I don t know if it may help or not but here s a hijackthislog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Archivos de programa lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Archivos de programa Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local ... Read more

A:windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc.

no one? please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-problems-audio-video-problems-vbalsgrid6-ocx-problems-etc.792129/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi about days ago I turned on my pc and many weird things started happening first it took a lot of time for the explorer exe to load so the desktop or taskbar didn t appear until problems...etc. vbalsgrid6.ocx explorer windows problems, problems, audio/video after maybe - minutes Then the taskbar looked really weird it seemed like it had been cut horizontally so you couldn t get to see the whole lower part of the taskbar and it wasn t the screen size config since I tried changing that and it didn windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. t work I windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. thought it might be some kind of virus so I opened Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I got the following message Run-time error Failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalsgrid ocx Your version of vbalsgrid ocx may be outdated Make sure you are using the version of the control that windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. was provided with your application Then also I noticed I can t paste anything anywhere or drag things so I can t copy paste things or cut-paste things then since yesterday I no longer have a taskbar and I also can t use the search function not even when I go into My PC and click on the search icon a frame appears on the left just as it should but it just stays blue Also when I go into taskmanager and go to processes the Username under all processes is blank except for one Inactive process under SYSTEM when normally many of them were under Administrator and others And finally I can t open windows media player and when I open iTunes i get the following message iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly and it also doesn t detect mi iPod when I connect it to the computer here s the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Archivos de programa lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Archivos de programa Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Appl... Read more

A:windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc.

someone help.. please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-problems-audio-video-problems-vbalsgrid6-ocx-problems-etc.792278/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,
I have had Windows 7 for a while now and have continually tried to run windows assesment tool for a while now, but each time I run it, it always ends up having a problem when it starts "Tuning Windows Media Decoding" and ends up closing. This is not terribly important but I was just wondering since it could lead to other problems in different programs. Ive attached pictures of what the error looked like and where it got stuck.

Thanks

A:Windows Index Problems a.k.a Windows Assesment Problems

Hi,

Try opening an Elevated Command Prompt and type in 'winsat formal' (without quotes)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58177-windows-index-problems-k-windows-assesment-problems.html
Relevancy 30.53%

1. There is no sound driver, what can I do to correct this?

2. If I'm on the internet and scrolling down either with roller or dragging it down, it doesn't go smoothly.

I am coming from Ubuntu, a friend put xp on here.
I would also like to know if dual-booting would be easy to do. (ubuntu and xp)

Thanks.

A:Solved: Sound problems and scroll problems with newly installed windows xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-problems-and-scroll-problems-with-newly-installed-windows-xp.663730/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello for the past while now I have been having problems with the window on start up and my speakers on my laptop not working -The problem started out with the speakers when I turned down the volume to nothing while playing a game and then I tried to turn it back up a few weeks later I got no sound out of the internal speakers I tried all the options in the volume looking for anything muted with no results I then tried to update the sound my laptop on windows with and startup having problems speaker screen Help on problems card drivers with the same results of no sound out of the internal speakers I did try head phones as I Help speaker problems on my laptop and having problems with windows screen on startup was told by a friend to do so and I am able to hear sounds and music just fine -After this first issue I noticed that when starting my laptop I had a smaller then the normal screen when starting up I also have this same size on my main screen I have been able to change Help speaker problems on my laptop and having problems with windows screen on startup to a higher resolution to fill the entire screen but if Help speaker problems on my laptop and having problems with windows screen on startup I go any lower then the highest resolution I have a black boarder were the window should be I have upgraded to windows XP from windows ME erasing whatever information I could hoping that a new operating program would solve this problem But with my bad luck it hasn t changed If you someone could help me resolve these problems I would be very grateful Thank you crash nbsp

A:Help speaker problems on my laptop and having problems with windows screen on startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-speaker-problems-on-my-laptop-and-having-problems-with-windows-screen-on-startup.655466/
Relevancy 29.67%

I first downloaded the Windows 8.1 Eval ISO last week when it was introduced. I have since downloaded it several times, both with and without the downloader, on more than one computer.

The ISO won't mount. The error just says "sorry, the file won't mount".
A couple of times the filename retained the ".part" filename extension.
I was able to burn the ISO to DVD and install it, but it says it's expired.

Surely I'm not the only one, but I can't seem to find a solution. Anybody ???

Joe

A:Windows 8.1 eval ISO problems / activation problems

If it has .part then the download did not complete.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33762-windows-8-1-eval-iso-problems-activation-problems.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey I ve been having major problems with my Laptop Every ten or so minutes when my McAfee security suite disables real-time scanning it ll re-enable itself causing a lot of alarming pop-up boxes which is slowing my computer Not sure whats causing it but it seems like malware Next theres this process which starts at windows start-up DivxUpdate exe I don t think this is actually a part of divx I ve read somewhere that it is a form of autorun malware it consumes of my cpu majorly slowing down my computer I think I may have similar malware on here that are problematic Also my firefox frequently say that there s an unresponsive script which temporarily freezes my whole computer and when I finally manage to get to task manager I have to end the process which seems to be using a regular amount of cpu and memory I made script problems slow problems, :( problems, Firefox computer problems, DivxUpdate.exe Mcafee a topic exactly month ago but nobody answered so I thought I d make a new one seeing as the problems are progressing and building up Thanks for any help I m provided with

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326733/mcafee-problems-divxupdateexe-problems-slow-computer-problems-firefox-script-problems/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have win xp pro sp2 installed on one of my computers and oflate it has started acting in a strange manner, as mentioned below:-
1. When I switch on the main power, the computers starts automatically ie. without switching the CPU.
2. The following message is displayed on the screen
'CMOS settings wrong.Press F1 to restore defaults and continue' Upon pressing F1 the machine starts. ( I do'nt know how to set CMOS settings right).
3. Time/Date settings change automatically.
4. I cannot install any software.Messages like '------- file missing.Cannot open installer pkg.Contact your vendor etc.

I do'nt have the installation cs availablewith me.However when I try to repair/reinstall with the help of my other win xp cd, i get the message 'key no. is wrong.I cannot format the c: drive from within.

PL HELP PRONTO.Thanks

A:Solved: Problems and problems windows xp pro

Replacing the old button cell with a new one solved the problem, though I'm still unable to install McAfee virus scan 4.5.1 on my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-and-problems-windows-xp-pro.798945/
Relevancy 28.81%

Windows SP problems and Email problems Hello and thanks to bleepingcomputer I have very limited knowledge of computers and I need some help PLEASE I have been having problems with my Yahoo Email account for many months now now unable to open or access email and no help from Yahoo About months ago Yahoo Started making some changes to the account changing pages Switch to the new Yahoo Mail I ignored because I did not want changes In the months after that I noticed some little glitches accessing account then got worst contacting yahoo did nothing eventually not able to reed mail I can sign-in I have changed password made no difference Message Box Network Error Yahoo Mail was unable to connect Please reload the page or verify that you network connection is active I am also unable to access PayPal account Usually I use IE Explorer but when problems started I installed FireFox as well Unable to access many sites with either browser firefox shows a black blank page with a with pixel in the center for EBay IE explorer shows blank page I have installed Uninstalled problems and Email 7 problems. Windows SP1 browsers a few times made no difference problem continuously there is a lot of traffic on internet and drive C Operating system works continuously even if I do not use internet for many hours With computer have had problems as well about same time scanned with many programs spaybot malwarebaytes antivirus Ect No malware found system slow For the last few days only Tree days ago in the morning it will not come out of sleep mode it starts and stops every - seconds waited nearly Windows 7 SP1 problems and Email problems. minutes no success finally it re-started and it restarted as normal but on completion of re-start all the programs and web page wore all there open like I did not re-start days ago same thing only five minutes to re-start and everything same as above This morning came out of sleep mode normal I restarted my computer normal and after the welcome screen there was nothing on screen only the background picture of the screen no Icon Programs or folders just blank pressing any buttons on keyboard mouse made no difference I waited about minutes and re-started Second re-start I restarted the computer and after welcome screen it went black black screen nothing on screen I could only see the start button at the bottom of screen I waited - minutes and I restarted This time it re-started successful Thanks again for any help Mod Edit Moved from Win to Malware Removal Logs Jul - Hamluis

A:Windows 7 SP1 problems and Email problems.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499052/windows-7-sp1-problems-and-email-problems/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have an acer aspirex3200 desktop which is running windows vista home premium service pack 2 its a tripple core processor with 4gigs of memory with option to go to 8 gigs of memory, it has a 360gig hard drive , it has a 8400 AMD processor. the problem is when installing windows 7 home premium or windows 7 ultimate it begins to install as if everything will work until it come to point where it cannot not read a file or something on my motherboard at that point it dosen't installing. will some body help me ASAP.

thanks
sultangiver

A:having problems upgrading from vista to windows 7 home premium or windows 7 ultimate

Are you selecting the Custom Install option or the Upgrade option? Also, is your current OS (Vista) 32bit or 64bit? What service pack do you have? You will need to know this. To check, simply right click on Computer, and click properties and you can find out there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-problems-upgrading-from-vista-to-windows-7-home-premium-or-windows-7-ultimate-431043.html
Relevancy 27.52%

My son s HP laptop was giving him a strange message that he must pay to work Windows problems: safe password does cannot enter not mode, windows 7 the FBI and then would go to a black screen I guessed that he had gotten a virus A few days later I tried to get Windows 7 problems: cannot enter safe mode, windows password does not work into safe mode to do a system restore but all options of safe mode take me to the windows login screen and his password no longer works Also in looking for answers I found others who were having the pc hang while loading classpnp I did notice that this is also occurring just before it goes to the windows login screen Many of the suggestions I have found for fixing errors require you to either be logged in or in safe mode which is not possible My son s father bought him the laptop so I don t know if there was ever an installation disk I believe it came with windows pre-installed It was purchased new about a year ago My son does not want me to wipe the hard drive or do anything to lose his music games etc but I don t know if that is possible At first I thought I just needed to know how to reset the windows password but at this point I think the problem is beyond my capability to figure out on my own Has anyone else heard of a similar issue and how to repair it with or without losing all of the data nbsp

A:Windows 7 problems: cannot enter safe mode, windows password does not work

Hello,

Funnily enough I have just finished repairing a computer with this issue. What I did was a fresh install of windows 7. With the recovery disk.

Do you have the model number please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-problems-cannot-enter-safe-mode-windows-password-does-not-work.1098226/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I'm hoping someone is willing to help me clean up my PC and help me preventing 7 difficulties Multiple - windows w problems Ransomware, FRST; Windows explorer it from future rubbish Some years ago I got Multiple problems - Windows 7 FRST; Ransomware, difficulties w windows explorer an IE message which looks like http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-your-browser-has-been-locked-ransomware That was on an account with administrator rights At the time I couldn t fix it and as a workaround I just logged in with another user without administrator rights I also changed some microsoft setting to prevent my computer from being taken over and installed some protection programs including SpywareBlaster Spybot - Search amp Destroy AVG Anti-Virus SkipScreen I almost never reboot my computer Sometimes I had to because my computer became to slow I found out this happened when my computer's memory usage was gt To avoid this I increased my computer's memory from Gb to GB I play the browsergame The West in this game you can participate in a battle This battle uses flash Last week I wanted to participate in a battle and couldn't I got a message that I needed a newer version When I was unable to install a newer version I asked around which tools could help me Someone advised AdwCleaner SUPERAntiSpyware mbam ComboFix I ran them all saved ComboFix's logfile Then I noticed several other problems - In Firefox and Chrome the option to open a folder where a downloaded file is located doesn't work anymore - In Chrome I don't get the option to save passwords which I only use for the beforementioned browsergame - In Chrome I can't drag extentions on the extentions page anymore - In Windows Explorer the creation of a map or text-file and the renaming of a text-file takes much longer Apart from the windows exporer issues I have not noticed any other things running slow on my computer I have not made a backup because I have no space for it C capacity Gb available Gb D capacity Gb available Gb E capacity Gb available Gb G capacity Gb available Gb H capacity Gb available Gb C amp E are on the same harddisk all other drives are seperate harddisks Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Gebruiker Beheerder op GEBRUIKER-PC - - Gestart vanaf C Users Gebruiker Downloads Geladen Profielen Gebruiker amp Thera amp postgres Beschikbare Profielen Gebruiker amp Thera amp Xander amp postgres Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser FF Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvca exe ABN AMRO C Program Files x ABN AMRO e dentifier wss becwssvr exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe Plays tv LLC C Program Files x Raptr Inc PlaysTV plays service exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Pro... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626034/multiple-problems-windows-7-frst;-ransomware-difficulties-w-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 27.52%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free Windows Windows Mail groups 7 email sending Live and in to with Problems my - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc Problems with sending email to my groups in Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 GDG Y Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled My Windows Live mail was working fine until about a month ago I can still send regular emails Problems with sending email to my groups in Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 but my group contacts will leave out some of the contacts I thought maybe it happened when I downloaded a critical update from Windows I have deleted Windows Live Mail and redownloaded it I have renamed my groups and entered the names in the new group and then deleted the old one I have some groups as large as and some as small as and it happens in all of them I can t use system restore because there is not a restore point between the time I got a new router and modem and when I started having problems I have talked to two techs at AT amp T two from iYogi friends and no one has been able to help me I have received no error messages I am not sending spam I am a volunteer for a non-profit organization and I have to send messages to them periodically This is driving me crazy Can anyone please help Thanks nbsp

A:Problems with sending email to my groups in Windows Live Mail and Windows 7

I also had names dropped when I used groups. The first time I noticed the problem is when I used a goup in the bcc with no other addresses. I received an error saying I must add a name. I started to check the Outbox copy of pending emails and noticed that in some other groups only a few of the names were listed in the To box. I had updated Live a few weeks ago to 2012 Build 16.4.3505.09012 on 2 computers. Both began to have the group problem. I restored one computer and am now running 2011 Build 15.4.3555.0308 and groups work fine. I haven't restored the other computer and was hoping to find a post of a MS fix to the problem. I will probably try to update Live Mail on the 2nd computer if a newer version is available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-sending-email-to-my-groups-in-windows-live-mail-and-windows-7.1076362/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Severall years ago I got som FBI warning in IE that as far as I remember looked a lot like http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-your-browser-has-been-locked-ransomware This was on an administrator account As a workaround I logged in on another account not administrator and ignored it I did change some property to disable my computer from being Ransomware, difficulties windows 7 FRST; explorer Multiple w - Windows problems controlled over the internet or Multiple problems - Windows 7 FRST; Ransomware, difficulties w windows explorer somthing like that I also downloaded some tools to prevent spyware including SpywareBlaster Spybot - Search amp Destroy AVG Anti-Virus SkipScreen I almost never reboot my computer Sometimes I needed to reboot because the computer became too slow to work with I found out that at those times the computer was Multiple problems - Windows 7 FRST; Ransomware, difficulties w windows explorer using gt of the computers memmory Gb To prevent this I added memmory from Gb Multiple problems - Windows 7 FRST; Ransomware, difficulties w windows explorer to Gb Last month I noticed that after rebooting before i started anything the computer has about Gb in use I think this is more than it should be but I have no reference to confirm this Last week I wanted to participate in a battle in the browsergame The West and it couldn't show the battle because my flash was out of date I tried to install the newest version from the Adobe site but it wouldn't work I asked another player in the game which tools he used to keep his PC clean I downloaded and ran these tools which were in order AdwCleaner SUPERAntiSpyware mbam ComboFix After this I noticed that in windows explorer creating new maps creating new text-files and renaming text-files took much longer than before Also in Chrome and Firefox the option to show the folder where a downloaded item was saved doesn't work Adding extentions in chrome by dragging doesn't work anymore After that I started to read this forum and decided to ask for help After reading http www bleepingcomputer com forums t preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help I have done No backup I have no space for a backup C capacity Gb available Gb D capacity Gb available Gb E capacity Gb available Gb G capacity Gb available Gb H capacity Gb available Gb C amp E are on the same harddisk all other drives are on their own harddisk My computer stands on a small pedestal on a wooden floor The computer is open and there is no dust Also most of the time my computer isn't slow I'm going through this point again after posting this just because I think it will help but because I think there are more problems I wanted to post first amp Done - Was done already Downloaded and ran FRST Done when this post is available to you I hope someone is willing to help me clean up my PC Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Gebruiker Beheerder op GEBRUIKER-PC - - Gestart vanaf C Users Gebruiker Downloads Geladen Profielen Gebruiker amp Thera amp postgres Beschikbare Profielen Gebruiker amp Thera amp Xander amp postgres Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser FF Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvca exe ABN AMRO C Program Files x ABN AMRO e dentifier wss becwssvr exe Malwarebytes C Program Fi... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626005/multiple-problems-windows-7-frst;-ransomware-difficulties-w-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 27.52%

In a nutshell my computer was infected with Smitfraud which is truly nasty I had the popups the red X in the system tray and the random files all over the computer like kheijnle dll I finally found SuperAntispyware free edition which was able to find and remove the virus trojan explorer, problems: windows WMI update, windows Smitfraud Post and DCOM Unfortunately it had damaged enough system files that I had to repair my XP installation twice and Post Smitfraud problems: windows update, windows explorer, WMI and DCOM reinstall SP twice Many applications had to be reinstalled or repaired and in one case I had tech support at Blackberry walk me through fixing their management software During the process of disabling all startup items which they had me do I may have lost some functions Here s my current situation Windows Update won t run telling me components are missing and need to be reregistered which I ve done WMI isn t working and I ve tried WMIdiags which reports numerous DCOM errors I have erased the WBEM folder and had that rebuilt then restored it from the install disk When I click the dropdown box on Windows Explorer the system goes away for a minute or so really before the box appears Same thing when I click on My Computer I get to watch the sweeping flashlight for a full minute I have no mapped drives to restore Other than overall slowness all else is working adequately except the explorer problems affect every program that uses a file open box or file save etc If I type the entire pathname it works ok but browsing is almost impossible Oh one more thing In services the service alg exe application layer gateway has been given what looks like a smitfraud description namely quot Abmsyrtsrqn quot Searching for Abmsyrtsrqn in the registry gives me a dozen or so occurances alg exe service is set to manual and not started In all my years of computing I have never encountered so destructive a problem though it s quite possible that I made matters worse by trying to repair things in my haphazard way

A:Post Smitfraud problems: windows update, windows explorer, WMI and DCOM

Hi rmccaleb,

It sounds like a lot of files were damaged before you tried removing the malware and your computer may also still be infected. Do you have any of the orginal logs from SmitFraud Fix and from SuperAntiSpyware? Have you gone through the malware removal procedures at this site or did you do everything on your own? There are a number of tools you did not use which may still be of value if your computer is still infected, but they require the help of someone who is trained for this. Is backing up your data and doing a clean install an option for you?

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186826/post-smitfraud-problems-windows-update-windows-explorer-wmi-and-dcom/
Relevancy 27.52%

HI MT Members i need some help when i dual boot from windows 8.1 x64 and windows 10 tech x64. the Time always changes for some reason if anyone knows a fix to help me out id be very grateful
Thank u

A:Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 10 Tech preview Doul booting Time problems

You probably refer to this registry fix. It is working when you dual-boot Windows and Linux, but I never heard of such a time problem between Windows 10 & Windows 8.1. Is your local time actually UTC+4?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-8-1-x64-and-windows-10-tech-preview-doul-booting-time-problems.40590/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I'm hoping someone is willing to help me clean up my PC and help me preventing it from future rubbish Some years ago I got an IE message which looks like http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-your-browser-has-been-locked-ransomware That was on an account with administrator rights At the time I couldn t fix it and as a workaround I just logged in with another user without administrator rights I also changed some microsoft setting to prevent my computer from being taken over and installed some protection programs including SpywareBlaster Spybot - Search amp Destroy AVG Anti-Virus SkipScreen I almost never reboot my computer Sometimes I had to because my computer became Ransomware, problems Multiple difficulties 7 - FRST; Windows explorer windows w to slow I found out this happened when my Multiple problems - Windows 7 FRST; Ransomware, difficulties w windows explorer computer's memory usage was gt To avoid this I increased my computer's Multiple problems - Windows 7 FRST; Ransomware, difficulties w windows explorer memory from Gb to GB I play the browsergame The West in this game you can participate in a battle This battle uses flash Last week I wanted to participate in a battle and couldn't I got a message that I needed a newer version When I was unable to install a newer version I asked around which tools could help me Someone advised AdwCleaner SUPERAntiSpyware mbam ComboFix I ran them all saved ComboFix's logfile Then I noticed several other problems - In Firefox and Chrome the option to open a folder where a downloaded file is located doesn't work anymore - In Chrome I don't get the option to save passwords which I only use for the beforementioned browsergame - In Chrome I can't drag extentions on the extentions page anymore - In Windows Explorer the creation of a map or text-file and the renaming of a text-file takes much longer Apart from the windows exporer issues I have not noticed any other things running slow on my computer I have not made a backup because I have no space for it C capacity Gb available Gb D capacity Gb available Gb E capacity Gb available Gb G capacity Gb available Gb H capacity Gb available Gb C amp E are on the same harddisk all other drives are seperate harddisks Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Gebruiker Beheerder op GEBRUIKER-PC - - Gestart vanaf C Users Gebruiker Downloads Geladen Profielen Gebruiker amp Thera amp postgres Beschikbare Profielen Gebruiker amp Thera amp Xander amp postgres Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser FF Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvca exe ABN AMRO C Program Files x ABN AMRO e dentifier wss becwssvr exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe Plays tv LLC C Program Files x Raptr Inc PlaysTV plays service exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe PostgreSQL Global Development Group C Progr... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626037/multiple-problems-windows-7-frst;-ransomware-difficulties-w-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 27.52%

Greetings I have installed Ubuntu Ubuntu animation Windows dual-boot, 7 7 Windows problems logo LTS -bit alongside Windows Professional -bit OS in dual-boot configuration with GRUB beta Both OSs are up to date however occasionally I do not get the animated Windows logo in the Windows boot-up and a distorted screen is displayed instead until I am presented with the Ubuntu Windows 7 dual-boot, Windows 7 logo animation problems login screen This Ubuntu Windows 7 dual-boot, Windows 7 logo animation problems issue was non-existent before my Ubuntu installation and I am not able to fix it I should also note that the Windows boots up but this artefact is really annoying I already posted this on askubuntu com but received no reply for screen-shots you may wish to check it After Ubuntu installation Windows experiences boot-up issues - Ask Ubuntu So far I have tried a command on the Windows console but it did not resolve the issue By the way I experience this problem occasionally and in these cases mostly the laptop is running on battery power My laptop brand and model is Dell Latitude E respectively Any help and or suggestion is greatly appreciated

A:Ubuntu Windows 7 dual-boot, Windows 7 logo animation problems

The link below might be a good starting point,

linux - Problem setting command-line console resolution. vbeinfo in grub2 does not report all resolutions - Super User

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377751-ubuntu-windows-7-dual-boot-windows-7-logo-animation-problems.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Another machine with issues Booted to safe mode and install malwarebytes Removed pup programs including coupon clipper and rocket mp - tried to use windows uninstall to remove disabled. Unknown defender with Windows windows maiware - update. Problems some of them after malwarebytes cleaned up over files were cleaned up Booted in normal mode Windows update did not update for about a week Trend Micro firewall av not updating Noticed windows defender message in logs not starting Updated mailwarebytes and reran - came up clean Had to reinstall Trend Unknown maiware - Windows defender disabled. Problems with windows update. Micro so updates would work Ran trend micro scan - Nothing found Ran malwarebytes rootkit checker - nothing tried to run windows update Not all updates worked especially windows defender update Tried to get windows defender to work - Failed Ran windows update - Noticed update for office not working - hid the update Ran it again - found updates installed but the others failed Rebooted machine Windows update stated that windows was updated ---WRONG BEHAVIOR Those updates should still be there-- Suspect some kind of virus but none seem to be obvious-- FRST logs included DDS logs included Malware files included Summary nfo file included Please advice

A:Unknown maiware - Windows defender disabled. Problems with windows update.

Files did not attach first time. Here they are.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556591/unknown-maiware-windows-defender-disabled-problems-with-windows-update/
Relevancy 27.52%

There is probably one underlying problem that will solve all of this because it all started about the same time Drag and drop frequently stops working Upon releasing mouse Releasing a favorite on the top bar Explo 7 Windows Problems: Drag drop, in Anomalies Windows Installer, Shell and Visual of Chrome Dragging a picture and releasing anywhere text also in Chrome - Hitting ESC doesn't make it work again - Dragging another item makes the previous quot faded quot one go away - Hitting ESC while dragging stops the drag and doesn't leave a quot faded quot item but doesn't fix the problem - Restarting the computer temporarily fixes the Windows 7 Shell Problems: Drag and drop, Windows Installer, Visual Anomalies in Explo problem Bizzare Distortion in Windows Explorer window address bar - Windows 7 Shell Problems: Drag and drop, Windows Installer, Visual Anomalies in Explo Mousing over the weird-looking items next to quot back quot and quot forward quot causes them to look slightly different re-rendering them but they still look weird - Restarting Windows 7 Shell Problems: Drag and drop, Windows Installer, Visual Anomalies in Explo the computer temporarily fixes the problem - This is not a problem but it may provide clues to what the underlying problem is Windows installer buttons quot Next quot and quot Cancel quot do not do anything upon click but DO work on pressing ENTER Then on the page to accept the license aggreement the buttons including the quot Agree quot radio button are still un-clickable but the Radio buttons don't work with ENTER and next is grayed out as expected - Already tried sfc scannow which didn't find any problems - Upon pressing ENTER on quot Cancel quot the confirmation box pops up asking if I want to close the setup The buttons in that dialog box DO work on click Windows Update fails to retrieve updates to review but still lets me install them from the first screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-shell-problems-drag-and-drop-windows-installer-visual-anomalies-in-explo-679501.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I bought my sony vaio VGN-CS31S/W from UK last year with pre installed Windows Vista. I installed Windows 7 last month. But I am facing some problems now with this model:
1. The touchpad volume keys on the keyboard are not functioning.
2. While typing anything, the cursor automatically jumps to other place. Some keypad buttons are not functioning properly as they were with win-vista as while typing sometimes the whole line gets erased. Some symbols on the keys are not working.
3. The webcam companion is not working.

Please suggest me the needful. I dont have much knowledge about the softwares and driver installation related to this.

Thanks

A:Problems related to VGN-CS31S/W (WIndows Vista) after installing Windows 7

Make sure you have Windows 7 drivers installed -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computin...-CS31S_W&os=10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-related-to-vgn-cs31s-w-windows-vista-after-installing-windows-7-a-533194.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all I've been pointed in the direction of these forums hopefully someone can help My PC was quot upgraded quot if that's Live with and Mail Media Center Windows Problems Windows the correct term from GB RAM to GB RAM replacing one of the GB with a GB After a couple of days it bluescreened on me and I struggled to get to the desktop even in safe mode That was until I removed the new GB board This board was then replaced with a new GB and for Problems with Windows Live Mail and Windows Media Center the last or so weeks it's been in it hasn't bluescreened However I am unable to open a new window to send reply or forward a message in Windows Live Mail uninstalling and reinstalling failed Problems with Windows Live Mail and Windows Media Center and I was given this message Funnily enough for the two days I was running on just GB this message was showing also I can't run Windows Media Center either I am given the following message after it tries to open for a few seconds the desktop widget also has the loading circle constantly and never loads Can anyone shed some light on this I'm reluctant to completely reinstall Windows am on SP as I've heard that doing so doesn't necessarily fix either problem As a final note when trying to verify my email address for signing up to these boards I was given a long error code and the message quot Catastrophic error quot again not sure of the relevance to my problem Thanks in advance Ziss

A:Problems with Windows Live Mail and Windows Media Center

Let's start with Live Mail. Go and grab Process Monitor, but before you run it, close any programs you got running (background and foreground). The less programs running when Process Monitor is running, the smaller the log size is and the amount that I have to sift through in order to find what I need.

When that's done, open up Live Mail. Then open up Process Monitor, and as soon as it's loaded attempt to open up a window (and therefore fail) and press the magnifying glass (Capture) button on Process Monitor (PM) to stop capturing. Save the file (any type will do), zip it up and send it over.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/problems-with-windows-live-mail-and-windows-media-center-573287.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Windows live essentials 2011 installer is stuck on 99%, and doesn't move. No error messages or anything. It just sits there and does nothing. I have to use task manager to force it to close as the cancel button is greyed out, and it won't let me run the visible windows live messenger that seems to be installed.

A:Windows live essentials 2011 installer problems on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi biggles11, try removing all WLE 2011 in Programs and Featues, reboot & try installing again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/228512-windows-live-essentials-2011-installer-problems-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 27.52%

About 2-3 days ago, I downloaded the windows 7 64 bit updates. After the re-boot, some of my programs I use kept asking "do you want to change your system", or something like that. I never got that before because I loaded these programs myself.
Today, 12/12, I received one new update to MS windows 7 that took about 10 minutes to download and install. I re-booted, and now everything is fine. I think MS forgot, or coded the update wrong.
Does anyone know what happened, or did anyone experience this same problem? I have a Dell XPS.
Thanks

A:Solved: Windows update to windows 7 causing problems, but now is fixed

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micr...e-to-Fix-Botched-KB3004394-Patch-467248.shtml

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-to-windows-7-causing-problems-but-now-is-fixed.1139147/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am getting the following messages in a pop up window:

"WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER HELPER HAS STOPPED WORKING"

and

"WINDOWS HOST PROCESS (RUNDLL32) HAS STOPPED WORKING"

I am sure that these two items should NOT stop working....re the first one, I have a PMP and I when I am trying to "sync" my music files from my PC to it using WMP 11, that is when the first notification pops up....not all files are synicing and that may be why?

The second is more of a mystery as it shows up randomly not only when I am doing a specific thing?

Any help you can give me to get these two functions fixed would be much appreciated!

Chuck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-helper-windows-host-process-problems.641628/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello all My computer recently caught a virus and I had to reformat my computer I have reformatted this machine before without a single problem First problems appeared after the initial re-format and install Installing various games Fresh problems install, other updates and windows windows 7 fails and drivers would wind up alerting me that various dll files were missing After following a step guide to troubleshoot these errors nothing worked and the Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems final step was to conduct another fresh install of windows I was also considering that maybe my hard drive was going bad so I did a fresh install on my second hard drive and the same problems occurred I did however manage to get one of the installs to remain relatively stable but it still has the same problems And finally I purchased a brand new SSD samsung series and did a new fresh install to it Everything seemed to go fine until I began running Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems windows updates after getting Security essentials installed and my video drivers Windows updates got hung up on the on screen in application install screen in the middle of approximately updates I then clicked the stop installation button and nothing happened The updates screen would not change I left it alone for awhile and came back Still nothing I then told the computer to restart It then proceeded to hang on the shutdown screen i let this remain overnight hoping it would shut down It did Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems not I was forced to hard reset the system and now the same issue is happening after installing microsofts fix it app that supposedly fixed issues that would cause these problems Can anyone help or point me in the right direction on what to do about this EDIT Windows update screen just completed or cancelled the install and did not move on to remaining updates Will attempt restart

A:Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you didn't follow the Best Practices for Clean Reinstall after resetting BIOS to defaults, setting SATA controller to AHCI, unplugging all other HD's and peripherals.

Drivers are handled differently in Win7 than before so make sure to read and understand that part. If you changed out any from what Win7 wants then I would do it over. If you're running with the installer chipset then you can try the one from the Support Downloads webpage for your model PC or mobo.

As you work through the Troubleshooting steps post back results as there may be other steps suggested.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/249988-fresh-windows-7-install-windows-updates-fails-other-problems.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all I just reinstalled windows After going thru a-lot of problems tried to install windows on SATA drive without having a floppy i succeed I thought that was the end for my more reinstalling Windows not occuring after loading and windows problems update problems for now at-least and started installing my drivers also formatted all the other partitions and restarted the computer Before restarting everything worked properly When the computer booted and the windows loading screen went on I thought it ll take it a few seconds but it went for like minutes and didn t stop loading I decided to grab something to eat and went for about Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows more minutes when I came Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows back it was still loading so i decided to restart When windows got to the safe mode screen i decided to choose try the last best setting and it helped windows loaded properly but didn t have the drivers i installed before so I installed them restart again and windows not working again back to take the last best setting and back to windows working I did it step by step installing a driver and rebooting but didn t installed RAID controller and USB driver Since i don t need them i decided to not installed them but my problem occurs when i try to update windows Internet Explorer stops working as soon as i go inside quot windows update quot or quot microsoft update quot but i know it worked before i did the first restart Also going to the Automatic Update tab in System Settings gives me an error What should i do Thanks a-lot Chaim Edit just installed the RAID driver and problem occurred again windows isn t loading another that i found happening is that after POST power on self test it takes the computer a few minutes to start loading the OS while in regular times it won t take more then a second nbsp

A:Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows

I have found that installing drivers it is best to do one at a time and make sure the system boots before installing another. That way you can figure out which one is giving you a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-not-loading-and-more-problems-occuring-after-reinstalling-windows.546786/
Relevancy 27.52%

There is probably one underlying problem that will solve all of this because it all started about the same time Drag and drop frequently stops working Upon releasing mouse Releasing a favorite on the top bar of Chrome Dragging a picture and releasing anywhere text also in Chrome - Hitting ESC doesn't make it work again - Dragging another item makes the previous quot faded quot one go away - Hitting ESC while dragging stops the drag and doesn't leave a quot faded quot item but doesn't fix the Shell Problems: Installer, and Windows drop, etc... Drag Windows 7 problem - Restarting the computer temporarily fixes the problem Bizzare Distortion in Windows Explorer window address bar - Mousing over the weird-looking items next to quot Windows 7 Shell Problems: Drag and drop, Windows Installer, etc... back quot and quot forward quot causes them to look slightly different re-rendering them but they still look weird - Restarting the computer temporarily fixes the problem - This is not a problem but it may provide clues to what the underlying problem is Windows installer buttons quot Next quot and quot Cancel quot do not do anything upon click but DO work on pressing ENTER Then on the page to accept the license aggreement the buttons including the quot Agree quot radio button are still un-clickable but the Radio buttons don't work with ENTER and next is grayed out as expected - Already tried sfc scannow which didn't find any problems - Upon pressing ENTER on quot Cancel quot the confirmation box pops up asking if I want to close the setup The buttons in that dialog box DO work on click Windows Update fails to retrieve updates to review but still lets me install them from the first screen

A:Windows 7 Shell Problems: Drag and drop, Windows Installer, etc...

Run a full scan with Malwarebytes.

Where did you get Win7?

Is this factory preinstalled Win7, which is a corrupt install to begin with. If so look at Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Otherwise I'd consider a Repair Install if SFC /SCANNOW Command finds nothing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268852-windows-7-shell-problems-drag-drop-windows-installer-etc.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I have had a problem with Windows Updating. The yellow shield appears, I click it and download, yellow shield disappears (off of screen and task bar) and then maybe later it will come up asking me to install it but it always installs incorrectly.

I was wondering if it was a problem in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache. I went to this website http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html and I want to do the scan, but I am not quite sure where my windows xp cd is. My question would be is there a way to do this without the CD? Can I either bypass it in sfc.exe or use an alternate program?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks .

A:Windows Won't update. how to check for problems in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache?

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-update-how-to-check-for-problems-in-c-windows-system32-dllcache.947018/
Relevancy 27.52%

Problem Windows Movie Maker seems to have an AI that invents new glitches with every video I do I m doing a comedy movie review show I add audio clips over video clips The only way to see hear what the video will really be like is to play the timeline from the very beginning If I begin watching from anywhere else in the timeline the timing of the audio in relation to the video changes randomly each time I play it and I can t tell how it will really be when I publish the video I didn t Problems Windows Maker Player Movie and Windows Media with used to have this problem Problem Now I also can t watch my published videos in Windows Media Player because it refuses to Problems with Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player play any WMV files It plays all other files just fine I had this problem once before but it fixed itself somehow Then a few weeks ago my computer running Windows Vista decided to install a big update of some kind Shortly after that I got a virus from a website I visited and used System Restore to undo it but I accidentally sent the computer back before the update and it installed the update all over again I also had to go through and unhide all my documents pictures and videos which the virus had marked quot hidden quot It was after that that Windows Media Player began refusing to play WMVs again It says quot Windows Media Player cannot access the file The file might be in use you might not Problems with Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player have access to the computer where the file is stored or your proxy settings might not be correct quot The file is not in use the permissions section is properties says I have Problems with Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player quot full control quot and I can t find anything relating to quot proxy settings quot on the computer Windows Movie Maker still plays my published WMVs but it s so much easier to see if they re right with a larger picture I just logged into the admin user on the computer and their Windows Media Player plays WMVs just fine The virus only affected me their files were also not hidden so I m thinking it has something to do with that Problem At the same time my FLV player stopped working It just says quot FLVplayer exe stopped working quot as if the program crashed whenever I try to open any FLVs

A:Problems with Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player

System restore will not get rid of a virus. It's possible you are still infected.
Did you run your antivirus and other antimalware programs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424938/problems-with-windows-movie-maker-and-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi nbsp I have had a series of events and am looking for advice on whether I have a hardware or software issue I have a Dell N N laptop running Windows nbsp PC was after Windows Video and Windows problems to 7 rollback subsequent 10 upgrade working fine and mistakenly did a Windows upgrade on this laptop nbsp Windows told me my device was compatible nbsp Upgrade downloaded over days and sort of upgraded but then Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade and subsequent rollback to Windows 7 all of the sudden the screen became black nbsp I plugged it into an external monitor and was able to see the screen and the windows finished upgrading and seemed successful but i had no laptop nbsp monitor and no mouse nbsp I started doing some research and found out this PC was not compatible with Windows nbsp So I ended up rolling back to windows which also seemed successful nbsp My mouse became responsive but no screen still nbsp I nbsp tried updating video drivers and it said my drivers were current nbsp i also tried deleting and reinstaling drivers as i heard Windows removed old drivers nbsp At one point I could see the screen faintly in the background using a flashlight nbsp I also tried to reconnect the LCD thinking maybe the connection got loose nbsp I no longer see any screen at all but still works with external monitor nbsp So I am wondering if it is the screen the backlight or inverter or still something with the drivers since this Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade and subsequent rollback to Windows 7 sort of just coincidentally happened after the Windows issue with the video nbsp I am not sure what the proper drivers even are for this device anymore nbsp I suppose I can try the new screen but hate to waste time and money if this is not the issue Thanks for any advice nbsp Any additional troubleshooting i can do or drivers I can try to see if it is the drivers or the screen itself nbsp

A:Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade and subsequent rollback to Windows 7

Hi YOSHI00,
If the system works fine with an external monitor, then we could definitely suspect the LCD itself. In order to isolate the issue, turn off the system. Press and hold "D" key and Power button to turn on the system. On the LCD itself, the screen should start changing solid colors. If it does, then the LCD is fine. This is the LCD built in self test - http://dell.to/1ow1G4W
Also, turn off the system and press and hold the "fn" key and power button. It should initiate the diagnostics. If you encounter any errors, make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. 
If there is no display when you initiate either of the tests, then the LCD might have gone faulty. This is just a co-incidence and drivers would not cause the LCD to go faulty. It should work outside the OS environment. 
If there is display when you run the tests, then the LCD is fine. So, you could go to device manager and uninstall all display adapters. update the BIOS from - http://dell.to/21y0qdO and restart the system and check. If the display comes back, then download the video drivers from the same site and install the drivers.
If the system is under warranty, then contact us via Twitter - @dellcares for faster communication. If there is no warranty, then we can help with a paid service call if required.
If you wish to replace the parts yourself, then you could contact - http://www.parts-people.com/  - see direct link - http://bit.ly/1R1YE23
Lastly, your system model is not compatible to work with Win 10 - see this link - http://dell.to/1RRxqsj
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19679077
Relevancy 27.52%

Then Ok so to begin I run Windows XP Service Pack About June I installed CA Internet Security from the CD I bought Up Installer help) need Windows Clean (also with Problems Windows Recent Install The next day my computer started Recent Problems with Windows Installer (also need Windows Install Clean Up help) acting weird The start menu toolbar was missing internet didn t work when you opened programs they looked different etc I figured the problem was CA I unistalled CA Service pack and IE I tried reinstalling Service Packs amp but couldn t fix the problem I finally found a registry repair program that found errors and fixed my computer I reinstalled everything Now I ve been getting quot another installation is in progress quot alerts when I try to install some programs I tried using Computer Management shutting off MSI then restarting and turning it back on But this fix only lasts for days I downloaded quot Windows Install Clean Up quot and deleted a part of CA that never re-installed June Also when I start my computer or quot Windows Installer quot programs open themselves and I dont know what program its part of Can anyone help me Also some System components haven t been working right since June nbsp

A:Recent Problems with Windows Installer (also need Windows Install Clean Up help)

Hi and welcome to TSG!

Too bad you haven't had the chance to read the many many threads about staying away from registry cleaners. 2000 errors removed!!! You may have damaged your registry beyond repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recent-problems-with-windows-installer-also-need-windows-install-clean-up-help.845259/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I think I'm losing my mind here and now I think I'm lost Been googling and circling around for hours So I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop here which has a preinstalled Windows Now I'd like to downgrade to Windows which I got thanks to my school having a deal with DreamSpark So I have a Windows Professional 8 Vivo downgrading ASUS Windows Windows on to Problems preinstalled 7 ISO which I got from DreamSpark Then I tried to create a bootable memory stick with Rufus based on this tutorial UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows But when I'm pressing the quot Start Problems downgrading preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 7 on ASUS Vivo quot button Problems downgrading preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 7 on ASUS Vivo to start the process it gives me an error title quot Unsupported ISO quot quot When using UEFI Target Type only EFI bootable ISO images are supported Please select an EFI bootable ISO or set the Target Type to BIOS quot So there seems to be a problem with my ISO Is there a way to modify the ISO Or what should I do in order to get the ISO readable for Rufus Cheers starsplash

A:Problems downgrading preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 7 on ASUS Vivo

Try downloading a fully legal ISO from here: Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Use that as input to Rufus, see if it works. Make sure you get the one that matches what you got from DreamSpark so the installation key will work and you can active. You want the SP1 U (media refresh) version.

Since the computer that came with Windows 8 is probably UEFI/Gpt based rather than BIOS/MBR, see here:

To install Windows 7 on a UEFI (not BIOS) system

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/345329-problems-downgrading-preinstalled-windows-8-windows-7-asus-vivo.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I set up my machine with two partitions, one for video editing and one for office software. That's because the video software demands a very clean system with few services running. Windows 7 Professional 64-bit is installed on both partitions. The editing OS was installed first, which makes the office OS the one which automatically boots up.

I have never had occasion to restore that system to an earlier date... until today. Suddenly I have no audio, no network, I can't access any folders because I don't have permission. The video driver crashed. I'm facing a complete re-install of the OS and software on that partition. Could this be caused by the dual boot configuration? If so, is there a work-around?

--
Michael

A:Dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 7 restore problems

Dual boot should not cause this or have anything to do with your issues.
Restoring your Editing OS should not affect your Office OS, and vice versa.
I'm assuming you did not modify the Editing OS partition while you were running the Office OS.

I run multi boot PC's, and use Backup Images for all the OS's (partitions).

Many times I have restored an Image for one OS and not affected other OS's.
I don't remember if I ever used a System Restore point, as I prefer to restore a system Image, but I would use a Restore Point it that's all I had.

I recommend you create a System Image of your good OS now so you have it if you ever need it.

SF tutorials that will help with this:
Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/230505-dual-boot-windows-7-windows-7-restore-problems.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying to work on a HP vision 2000 amd with windows 8 on it.  It has alot of viruses and already didnt work very well.  So one of the things i did was a boot time scan and i accidentley deleted a windows file called,
windows\installer\5957d3b.msi/>cab/>proxydll  infected by win32:d ropper gen.

now i cant access control panel, the search menu, file locater, and more?   

What did i dlo and how would i fix this.  any help would be great?

A:Deleted infected windows files and now windows problems?

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530718/deleted-infected-windows-files-and-now-windows-problems/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Pavilion a810n, which has the ASUS K8S-LA motherboard. Do I have a Realtech or SIS network adapter? I have tried all day downloading different drivers, but I haven't found the right one yet. I know this is a common problem so I have searched all of the common forums and stickies without finding the answers. Can someone here please help me? Thanks, Jim

A:I upgraded from Windows XP PRO to Windows 7 Ultimate, driver problems

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... It would seem you have Realtek? RTL8201CL LAN PHY Fast Ethernet LAN controller

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356894-i-upgraded-windows-xp-pro-windows-7-ultimate-driver-problems.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I recently chose to upgrade my system from the current Windows Vista x to Windows x upon running the instillation it claimed that The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading Cancel the upgrade complete each task and then restart the upgrade to continue Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made from to upgrade while windows windows attempting 7 Problems to vista before continuing Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and or programs These devices might not work properly after the upgrade Problems while attempting to upgrade from windows vista to windows 7 Before upgrading we recommend updating the drivers for these devices Cancel the upgrade open Control Panel and search for quot update device drivers quot or go to the device manufacturer s website to search for updated drivers Storage controllers AFPFPI W IDE Controller These programs might not work properly after the upgrade We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading Cancel the upgrade open Control Panel and search for quot uninstall a program quot Note Programs marked as can be safely Problems while attempting to upgrade from windows vista to windows 7 reinstalled after the upgrade Remote Access Application iTunes Please deauthorize computer prior to upgrade ATI CATALYST Install Manager ATI Catalyst Control Center how should i go about upgrading Should I uninstall those programs mentioned I attempted to update the AFPFPI W IDE Controller but the update wizard could not find the appropriate update online or in my computer Is there a way for me to get this update If not should I be worried about computer issues after the upgrade nbsp

A:Problems while attempting to upgrade from windows vista to windows 7

Im not sure about the IDE controller, I think it will work with Windows 7 but i cant be sure. I would clone the hard disk as it is now onto another hard disk of the same size, make sure thats bootable and working, then install windows 7 on Hard disk 1 (The original one) incase theres problems and you need to revert back.

For the programs:
I dont think theres a need to uninstall them, but if you want, make sure you have a copy of the installation files for those programs, save them to a external HDD and then uninstall them.
If their not uninstalled, whats the worst that can happen? If they dont launch in the new OS, then they can be uninstalled from there and then reinstalled if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-while-attempting-to-upgrade-from-windows-vista-to-windows-7.1010462/
Relevancy 27.09%

http://blogs.technet.com/b/msrc/arc...o-address-security-bulletin-update-issue.aspx

Microsoft is investigating behavior where systems may not recover from a restart, or applications cannot load, after security update 2823324 is applied. We recommend that customers uninstall this updateClick to expand...

if you have W7 and installed 2823324 then go to programs & features/installed updates & uninstall 2823324

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,
I have recently purchased a new hard drive & I am trying to install Windows 2000 up from Windows ME.. I formated the new hard drive as instructed, & installed Windows ME without any problems. Now I am trying to install Windows 2000 & as it is trying to install, it keeps freezing up my computer & I am getting an error message as follows: <unknown> has caused an error in <unknown>. <unknown> will now close.

What is causing this & what do I need to do to proceed with the Windows 2000 installation.. Please answer as soon as possible.

Thank you,
addyca2005

A:Solved: Problems Installing Windows 2000 from Windows ME

do you mean you are upgrading from ME to 2000? if that's the case...

i had a sony vaio desktop awhile back (it was the whole reason i joined this forum actually)...
i tried doing the same thing, i eventually got ahold of microsoft support over the phone, and i was informed that ME will not upgrade to 2000 or XP. you must do a "clean install".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-installing-windows-2000-from-windows-me.379716/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi All My first post here I m trying to fix the computer of one of my employers and can t seem to get to Problems Windows Explorer Windows - XP crashing Permanantly the root of the problem Windows Explorer keeps causing errors and I am unable to for example save files access the Windows directory and more As well as not being able to access the Windows Directory Unless I share it over a network in which case networked machines can see it we can also not get at the My Documents Directory The more major issue which is why I am hoping people may be able to Windows XP Problems - Windows Explorer Permanantly crashing help is that on a regular basis explorer exe causes errors and effectively stops what you were doing Having looked in the event log the faulting module is avapi dll Any Suggestions extremely greatfully recieved - I m considering a reformat which is really not what I want to do I ve run AVG Spybot S amp D Spyhunter Windows Defender and uninstalled some suspicious looking programs THe one that will not go is called Public Messenger Windows XP Problems - Windows Explorer Permanantly crashing ver - various web searches suggest this may be causing problems also Reading through some other bits - I ve just tried to update the Microsoft Script Debugger in the hope that might help Whenever I Try to download anything as soon as the download box appears Internet Explorer Crashes as does explorer and everything disappears I can download normally using firefox however - but Windows Update does not work It also looks like the My Documents folder has become read only and I can t change this and the Windows folder keeps have a share named Admin reappear after I remove it Is this normal Anyway here is the Hijack This log any advice greatfully recieved Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Pinnacle MediaServer Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL PINNACLESYS Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files ACT SideACT exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www btbroadbandoffice com homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SpyHunter C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS syst... Read more

A:Windows XP Problems - Windows Explorer Permanantly crashing

try removing Public Messenger ver 2.03 in safe mode...no change in system stability...
then I would repair windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-problems-windows-explorer-permanantly-crashing.569208/
Relevancy 27.09%

We have just recently upgraded our Windows NT Server to two Windows Standard Servers one for applications and one for User Files we have around - users all of which can log on and use the system perfectly fine we have not changed any settings for any users however one user has a laptop like many other users running Windows XP Professional whenever this user logs 2003 Pro problems to Windows Windows Server logging XP on on to the network he gets an error message telling him Windows XP Pro logging on to Windows Server 2003 problems his profile cannot be found but his profile is there and all settings for the user point to his profile When the user clicks OK the computer loads with the drives which he has mapped appearing in my computer but when he tries to go into the drive he cannot get access it I have even resorted to wiping the laptop and re-installing XP from afresh but still the problem occurs Any help would be greatly appreciated darrenharris Don t worry I have now solved this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-logging-on-to-windows-server-2003-problems.245601/
Relevancy 27.09%

two laptops and a desktop have this issue, on the desktop, both my user account AND my sister's user account have this issue,

at the lock screen, I (or my sister) types our password, and AS SOON AS it tries to log in, Windows gives one of two errors:

the errors are

The user profile service failed the logon
the RPC service is too busy to complete the operation

&

The user profile service failed the logon
the server endpoint cannot perform the operation

Which Google gets VERY LITTLE hits for both
my desktop has a new hard drive in it and the installation is less than a month old and it has the SAME problem, it did on the older installation too on the old hard drive that it had (1 year install)

what is wrong and how do I fix??

A:Problems logging into Windows on multiple Windows 7 computers

Try this: "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-logging-into-windows-on-multiple-windows-7-computers-966497.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey there So I have recently grabbed the latest copy of Windows Build Eval Copy and installed it within minutes A few restarts later and everything is working smooth Note I installed Windows alongside Windows Home edition on a different partition But same HD Suffering through programs that won't run correctly I take a visit back to good old if you can call it that Windows And what do you know No USB port is functioning Therefore my wireless keyboard and mouse Logitech mx aren't working The reciever isnt lighting up My printer nor external hard drive aren't showing up in the quot removable device section quot Meaning i can't see that green icon 7 Windows in causing problems 8 Windows (Dual-Boot) USB on my task-bar showing up displaying that they're connected In the end im stuck at the desktop with my mouse centered without movement Now the weird part The ports are addressing power to the components but no useful information is being passed on What i've tried is Trying to unplug the receiver and back - no use Trying a different keyboard and mouse USB - not recognizing Uninstalling the driver for the reciever in Windows - no progress error message on memory access pops-up after tapping my computer's physical power button I've tried different USB plugs - Even though i have of them none of them are functional One important fact Windows 8 causing USB problems in Windows 7 (Dual-Boot) The wireless keyboard works during boot If anyone has seen a fixture to this that i'm not seeing here a million thanks will be donated by my behalf Windows is un-usable for now Thank you for your time Specs are in attachments

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10115-windows-8-causing-usb-problems-windows-7-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Live Update forced 8/programs opens windows with cmd.exe + windows problems visual a shutdown and made a very long update Since a DOS screen opens with cmd exe command my cmd.exe windows opens + problems with windows 8/programs visual background has changed twice by itself the color theme of windows changed icons have a white background and colors are not the ones I selected I can't see boxes buttons or design of internet pages for example on facebook the page is white instead of blue on gmail I can't see the top right button that permits you to see the menu and disconnect Thanks in advance for your time and support Here is the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Champion at on - - Microsoft Windows GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus et Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated ADA C - F - - A- B E AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus et Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated C C - - - FA- E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW Pare-feu McAfee Enabled DA E - - D - - AD FE FW AVG Internet Security Enabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes c PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system dwm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x ASUS ASUS InstantOn InsOnSrv exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgfws exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exeC Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Windows system DptfParticipantProcessorService exeC Windows system DptfPolicyConfigTDPService exeC Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exeC windows system mfevtps exeC Program Files ASUS ASUS VivoBook ASUSWakeupService exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exeC Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files x ASUS Splendid ColorUService exeC Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exeC Program Files x ASUS USBChargerPlus USBChargerPlus exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exeC ProgramData AsTouchPanel AsPatchTouchPanel exeC Program Files ASUS P G BatteryLife exeC Program Files x ASUS ASUS InstantOn InsOnWMI exeC Windows system taskhostex exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files ASUS ASUS VivoBook VivoBook exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exeC Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPLoader exeC Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x QuickGesture exeC Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture QuickGesture x QuickGesture exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC Program Files x ASUS ASUS Smart Gesture AsTPCenter x AsusTPCenter exeC Windows system Sear... Read more

A:cmd.exe windows opens + problems with windows 8/programs visual

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/538497 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538497/cmdexe-windows-opens-problems-with-windows-8programs-visual/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi
I have some problems with my windows.

1) Every time I try to use windows update I get the error code 80244019 and I can't make the updates.

2) When I put my computer out of the sleep mode, windows tell me that it closed unproperly and it restart.

3) When I use my firefox search and click on a result link the page don't go to the link I clicked it's redirected to an other site that have nothing to do with the link. I have to close it and click it a second time to go to the right site.
And if it's using google and I write my search between " " to search that exact expression it work but the search disappear from the text box and the links I click open in new tab, I don't know why.

All that was working well sometime ago, what happened.

Thank you

A:Problems with my windows, windows update and sleep mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narolis

Hi
I have some problems with my windows.

1) Every time I try to use windows update I get the error code 80244019 and I can't make the updates. -- verify network settings if they are still correct. Unless you using static DNS, remove any entries there... most often this is automatically assigned and not manually entered. Run SpyBot Search & Destroy or MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyware(free).

2) When I put my computer out of the sleep mode, windows tell me that it closed unproperly and it restart. -- do you get an error message or BSOD? Kindly include the message in your next post.

3) When I use my firefox search and click on a result link the page don't go to the link I clicked it's redirected to an other site that have nothing to do with the link. I have to close it and click it a second time to go to the right site.
And if it's using google and I write my search between " " to search that exact expression it work but the search disappear from the text box and the links I click open in new tab, I don't know why. -- try using IE if it behaves the same. I suggest you run Malwarebytes or similar. Do a scan for malware and virus just be sure this is not caused by such.

All that was working well sometime ago, what happened.

Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-my-windows-windows-update-and-sleep-mode-351139.html
Relevancy 27.09%

2 days ago, I opened a .exe file, and it came with a virus/malware. It was puttig pop-ups in my screen and istalling programs that i didnt wanted.
Then i instaled Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it removed that malware, but i still got some problems
The problems that i know i still have consist in: 

.The windows taskbar dont work like it used too ( right button dont work above the icons/applications, i cant use the search and the "windows button dont work);
. I can ear a sound coming from my pc stereo every 3-4 minutes ( i think is the windows sound)
.When i open a new chrome page it opens in this link : "file:///C:/PROGRA~2/Google/Chrome/APPLIC~1/54.0.2840.71/"

I also would like a recomendation about a good free antivirus or another program to track back another possible virus that i could have.

A:Windows 10: My windows taskbar isnt working normally, and other problems

Here are the logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631370/windows-10-my-windows-taskbar-isnt-working-normally-and-other-problems/
Relevancy 27.09%

Dear Experts dear freaks I just set up a new computer and built in the old harddrive from a Windows XP machine The new computer is running Windows Professional bit SP German I can access my XP Harddrive NTFS but when I try to open some files Word Documents PDFs i am running into problems that Windows is telling me that I don't have enough rights to open that file quot The document can not be opened The user has no rights quot I have read about this problem and I know that it is a XP new problems computer, Windows right Windows into built harddrive 7 problem of the user rights The XP user that created Windows XP harddrive built into new Windows 7 computer, right problems those files is now with the new Windows computer not available anymore which is causing some problems I have to take over the rights of these files again and I am severely struggeling I have about files in several subfolders Could someone help me with a step by step explanation I would really like to sort this problem out Any help is highly appreciated Thank you very much -snowchild PS If any further explanations or screenshots are required please let me know

A:Windows XP harddrive built into new Windows 7 computer, right problems

right click folders properties (folder you want to take ownership to)
security tab
highlight the name you want to be owner of those folders and all check items are marked with check marks.
if that don't work click on advance and go to owner tab then click on edit. Highlight who has the right to be owner of that folder(s) and check where it says something about replacing the owner....

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217574-windows-xp-harddrive-built-into-new-windows-7-computer-right-problems.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have been having this issue with windows media player on both my Windows 7 laptops. When playing music files, there is a short "skip" near the end of every song. Also, crossfading has never worked properly. When crossfading is enabled, the transition between the first and second song is fine. After that,crossfading rarely works and there seems to be more "dead Space" between songs. This issue occurs with all versions of Windows Media Player used with Windows 7. I never had this problem with Windows Vista or Windows 8. I am surprised that Microsoft hasn't had a remedy.     Thank you  

A:windows media player windows 7 playback problems

Hi Truckermikemct I have the same problem, but only when I play an entire album. If I play songs individually the problem isn't there, so I can only presume it's a bug in WMP for Windows 7. I too, never experienced it in previous Windows. Have you tried playing an album in Windows Media Center instead? (Not tried it myself....) Failing that, download something like Media Player Classic or VLC player to see if it solves the problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/windows-media-player-windows-7-playback-problems/td-p/436505
Relevancy 27.09%

I m using Windows Media Player version and the Win Enterprise free day eval I have an mpg file captured from VHS using a Windows Media Player problems Solved: 7 12 with Windows Diamond USB capture device I want to play the mpg file on WMP in Win but it hangs giving me the spinning donut forever Never exits no error msg and I have to off WMP from the Device Mgr by killing the process I clicked on the mpg icon and selected quot play with WMP quot I get same results trying to play it directly from a DVD it s burned to in ISO format To play the mpg file I had to use a free program called Gomplayer which does the job but I still think Solved: Windows Media Player 12 problems with Windows 7 WMP should be able to get the job done After burning the mpg to a DVD R disc in DVD video format vob files with Nero plays fine on the TV I tried to play this disc on WMP with same result This all works great on XP What gives Is WMP supposed to play these formats on Win Is my WMP corrupt nbsp

Relevancy 27.09%

This post has questions about upgrading to windows pro and windows problems or potential problems if the upgrad was made using the default bios setting or a nbsp different bios settings nbsp Please repost this on the bios board if it more appropriate there than on the windows board nbsp Many people have upgraded mobile workstations from windows pro to windows pro nbsp These updates were likely done without changing the default bios settings unless the end user had received information about potential problems nbsp The default setting for windows pro was legacy mode nbsp Windows pro does not work in legacy mode nbsp I was reported that HP had found that mobile workstations zbooks upgraded from windows pro to windows pro may have problems if they were upgraded in bios legacy mode nbsp HP had indicated that a proper update should be done by first changing the bios from legacy to uefi hybrid using windows pro nbsp Then and only then should the windows pro be upgraded to windwos pro to avoid later windows problems nbsp Then after upgrading windows pro successfully to windows pro the bios setting should be changed from UEFI hybrid to UEFI without CSM or UEFI with CSM nbsp Please indicate whether the above is correct or incorrect nbsp If a portion is incorrect then please indicate what upgrading after legacy... 7 in problems bios windows 10 windows is correct and what is incorrect nbsp Please provide HP notices or white papers about this problem upgrading wndows windows 10 problems after upgrading windows 7 in bios legacy... pro to windows pro nbsp Please provide information on what should nbsp be done with mobile workstations that had been upgraded in legacy mode nbsp That is if there are no noticable problems or if there are any problems nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-problems-after-upgrading-windows-7-in-bios-legacy/td-p/5835032
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi , i need urgent help , here what happens:
I have a server PC on which was installed windows 7 first then on another partition I installed the windows 2008 server , when i boot i usually got 2 options to select.
Now the problem is that i don't want windows 7 partition so i tried to format it from windows 2008 , I could not , so I started with a Windows 2008 DVD and deleted the windows 7 partition successfully . Now when I restarted , it gives a message that there is no operating system at all?
what to do? I am pretty sure that the windows 2008 partition is still existing, i can either see it files through cmd.
how can I fix this , specially that it is the main DC in my company.please help

A:Problems when trying to boot windows 2k8 server and deleting windows 7

You did this on the main DC of your company? That could get you terminated in many places.

I'm not sure if it exists for a server OS, but if there is a repair method, such as a start up repair from booting the disc, I would try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234748-problems-when-trying-boot-windows-2k8-server-deleting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I bought a Gateway laptop in June with Windows installed and Outlook Mail Since I like to have the latest of everything I immediately downloaded the Windows update that was offered That worked great and I loved it Then I decided to download Windows Live Mail since I have different email accounts and really didn't like the Mail program that came with the computer After that it was one problem after another I even asked questions in these Forums can't find the original post I tried hundreds of different solutions and some worked for a while some didn't I uninstalled reinstalled Windows Live Mail a countless number of times I got very tired of all that and noticed my laptop was very sluggish So I decided to do the Recovery back to factory settings with all my files left intact It was work but it was worth the effort I've come to the conclusion that my update to and Windows Live Mail were incompatible I am now using Windows and Windows Live Mail with no problem at all The laptop is working as fast as when I originally got it Suffice it to say newer is not always better I'll stick with Windows so I can get and read my email when I wish Just an FYI for any of you that might have had similar problems

A:Windows 8.1 and Windows Live Mail 2012 Problems

Not at all. I use Windows Live Mail 2012 and 8.1 and it works perfectly fine. It also worked fine on Windows 8 and 7 (although perhaps it wasn't 2012 at that point)

Perhaps you fixed something else by mistake

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/43550-windows-8-1-windows-live-mail-2012-problems.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have been having this issue with windows media player on both my Windows 7 laptops. When playing music files, there is a short "skip" near the end of every song. Also, crossfading has never worked properly. When crossfading is enabled, the transition between the first and second song is fine. After that,crossfading rarely works and there seems to be more "dead Space" between songs. This issue occurs with all versions of Windows Media Player used with Windows 7. I never had this problem with Windows Vista or Windows 8. I am surprised that Microsoft hasn't had a remedy.     Thank you  

A:windows media player windows 7 playback problems

Hi Truckermikemct I have the same problem, but only when I play an entire album. If I play songs individually the problem isn't there, so I can only presume it's a bug in WMP for Windows 7. I too, never experienced it in previous Windows. Have you tried playing an album in Windows Media Center instead? (Not tried it myself....) Failing that, download something like Media Player Classic or VLC player to see if it solves the problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/windows-media-player-windows-7-playback-problems/td-p/436505/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 26.66%

hi its been a while since i posted here and i want to thank you in advance anyways on to the fun stuff i recently upgraded my computer new motherboard cpu ram vid card and hard drive everything is installed correctly as far as i know im able to install windows vista perfectly but after about an hour or everything will just stop working like it usually starts with me not being able to download the new updates then proceeds onto not letting me open any applications executables also when i tried to go to my computer it wouldnt load it would just bring up a window with a white background and nothing else everything in my system is brand new so i have no idea what could be causing these problems i also tried installing my old windows xp and xp vista windows install problems windows and it has started doing the same thing after a short amount of time just windows xp starts to freeze and stuff among other things ive been stuck onthis for a few weeks now and any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:windows vista and windows xp install problems

One thing to try is to wait a while after the installation before connecting to the internet. See if the problem appears before there is any possibility of an infection.

Check your temperatures. Something that begins after use can be a sign of heat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-and-windows-xp-install-problems.761382/
Relevancy 26.66%

After a tedious upgrade process to windows 10 everything works great, one problem though. I hope the issue is clear to anyone who sees this photo, it's not a glaring issue nor one that is computer breaking. However it is a nusance nonetheless and I want it gone.  I understand that removing the "hpHotkeyMoniter" in the System Configuration solves my problem of having two notifications show up on my screen. However, then all of my hotkeys, except sound, don't work.  Is this my only solution or are their run scripts/ program files that I could remove to solve my problem? I've searched high and low in my system for the files for the driver, no such luck. Anyone else have any Ideas? The only thing I could possibly think of is going back to 7, upgrading to 8 with my upgrade disk that I never used (for a reason), then to 10. Thanks for any suggestions.   Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hotkey-Problems-when-upgrade-from-Windows-7-to-Windows-10/td-p/5630989
Relevancy 26.66%

I just bought a used laptop running windows 8 and was wanting to swap the hard drive for my old windows 7 hdd. Id like to keep win8 but I just need to transfer my old stuff to a flash. After installing I get the "no master boot record found" or something similar. I understand that its the firmware unable to read the MBR due to it being win7. Is there anyway around this or is this laptop just built for win8 and is unable to read from the old hdd at all?

A:Problems mounting a Windows 7 HDD to a Windows 8 laptop.

hello and welcome to eightfourms ,its always been a issue to try and add a different hdd to new hardware with out doing a fresh install of windows ,,you say you want to transfer you old stuff to a flash drive ,I think you are going to have to use a external adapter or case for you win7 drive[and hook it to your new laptop via usb port] so it doesn't go through the boot where it needs to see a mbr ,its also likely caused by the new laptop having a uefi bios .and secure boot ect ect

you would be best served by one of these. good luck
Vantec NexStar TX 2.5" SATA to USB 2.0 External Hard Drive/SSD Enclosure - Model NST-210S2-BK - Newegg.ca

or one of these .
http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-.../dp/B002OV1VJW

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48299-problems-mounting-windows-7-hdd-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have just got through the post Microsoft Windows Security update CD (Feb 904). I have Windows 98-second edition. I installed the security up date as it instructed. It restarted my computer and this happened; A box came up with a Red Cross in it. ADVANCED INF INSTALL. Underneath it it said, “Error Could not locate INF File “content /win9x/win98se/wse finish.inf.ok. I re installed the security update CD and restarted my computer but the error sign came back again. I restarted again and the error sign came up (so every time the computer restarts the sign comes up). Can anybody tell me how to get ride of this sign please?

The voice.

A:WINDOWS SECURITY UPDATE CD (Windows 98 SE) Problems.

I am sure somebody out there has a way of solving my problem or at least tell me what I have done wrong. Thank you.

The Voice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-update-cd-windows-98-se-problems.234091/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and I experienced some problems with Delphi v I can no longer create New Applications When I select File - New Application I get the following error message Unable to rename 'C Program Files x borland delphi bin delphi ' to 'delphi dro' I can no longer use the Help facility When I select Help - contents I get the following error message The Help for this program was created in Windows Help from with Windows Windows to Delphi Problems after upgrading 7.0 XP format which depends on a feature that isn't included Problems with Delphi after upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7.0 in this version of Windows However you can download a program that will allow you to view Help created in the Windows Help format For more information go to the Microsoft Help and Support website When I go to that Microsoft website I am told to download some utility and then cut and paste some code it displays to some other page and then do some other things But it's all just a viscious circle I can never seem to find the new version of WinHlp exe that I need to display Help under Windows I did find one document that said I could fix the problem by changing the persmission access for the folder 'C Program Problems with Delphi after upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7.0 Files x borland delphi ' I tried to follow the instructions to do that But I never could succeed in getting Delphi v to run without error messages If anyone knows the cause for these problems and more importantly how to solve them I would sure appreciate some help

A:Problems with Delphi after upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7.0

I finally found the solution here:

Delphi Tips and Tricks: Fix Delphi 7 WinHelp

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/300936-problems-delphi-after-upgrading-windows-xp-windows-7-0-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

After battling malware with superantispyware, malwarebytes, and combofix today, I still cannot update windows manually or automatically. When I try to send and receive mail with outlook, windows installer starts and cannot run. I believe these issues are malware related. What info is needed to help?

A:Windows Installer and Windows Update Problems

Moved to a more appropriate forum. TWPlease note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216295/windows-installer-and-windows-update-problems/
Relevancy 26.66%

Earlier this week, all was good, and I could sign into MSN fine.

A few days ago, it started to pop up with the message saying "Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered problems and needs to close."

I seemed to have managed to have fixed that today, but now when I go to sign in it comes up with the message:

"The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code: 800702e4"

Are these connected in any way, and does anyone know how to fix the problem and allow me to sign back into MSN?

Thank you for any help given.

A:Windows Live Messenger Problems with Windows 7

0x800702e4 = elevation is required

What was the earlier issue (few days ago) and how did you fix it?

Check to see what has installed recently - Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

Try Windows System Restore - choose a restore point prior to the beginning of trouble last week -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-messenger-problems-with-windows-7-a-552681.html
Relevancy 26.66%

nbsp nbsp nbsp I recently bought a new Lenovo Thinkpad E bit Pro upgraded to Win Pro to replace my Windows Dual Windows Pro Problems 10 7 Pro Booting with Toshiba Satellite bit Vista business upgraded to Windows Pro and bought a SSD so I could dual boot between the systems I used EaseUS Todo to clone both systems to the SSD Problems Dual Booting Windows 7 Pro with Windows 10 Pro and got the Windows working wonderfully but cannot boot to Windows without a blue screen of death that consistently refuses to allow me to repair it with my repair disk nbsp nbsp nbsp The Lenovo doesn't have a CD drive so I pushed the repair files to a USB Still not working The laptop just won't boot from the USB or give me the option to repair And I can't create a Recovery Drive because I don't have a Windows ISO just my Upgrade Disk I went to Microsoft's site to pull down the Windows ISO entered my product code and received the choices of Korean or French language downloads No English download is available for my product code which is English Problems Dual Booting Windows 7 Pro with Windows 10 Pro language nbsp nbsp nbsp BTW I moved the SSD into the Toshiba and I can boot to Windows all day long from it So the SSD clone is good Ran a checkdisk on it and everything is good It just won't boot up on the bit Lenovo system nbsp nbsp Does anyone have any advice they can give me on fixing this issue Blue screen of Death only stays up for seconds but I managed to take a picture with my phone The message reads A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x B x A xC X X NOTE Reposted here from MSDN on the advice of a Microsoft Support Engineer MCITP DBA MCDBA MCSA

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca0d44d9-a7f6-439d-88e5-fcfad345ef29/problems-dual-booting-windows-7-pro-with-windows-10-pro?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 26.66%

Here's why: Desktop, Notification area, Taskbar and System Tray blink on and off every few seconds. Everything worked fine in Windows 7 (I have an Image Backup). In W10, System File Checker shows errors, not in Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57993-install-over-windows-7-has-problems-can-i-reinstall-over-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Here's why: Desktop, Notification area, Taskbar and System Tray blink on and off every few seconds. Everything worked fine in Windows 7 (I have an Image Backup). In W10, System File Checker shows errors, not in Windows 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57994-install-over-windows-7-has-problems-can-i-reinstall-over-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Pentium 4 system and I am using dual boot Windows 98Se and Windows XP. My Windows 98 is installed on C partition while Windows XP which was installed later is installed on partition F. A few days ago I formatted my C drive and reinstalled Windows 98 from an image saved earlier when I had only Windows 98 on my system. The problem after that was that there was no way for me to boot into Windows Xp after that as I was not getting options at start up to boot into Windows XP. No again because of some problems I want to remove Windows 98 SE from my system. I am fearing that again after I remove it there will be no option for me to boot into Xp. Is there any way to overcome this problem.

A:Windows 98Se and Windows XP uninstall problems

Seems like noone has the answer....... amazing.... I guess I have to try some other forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98se-and-windows-xp-uninstall-problems.421766/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm doing this on behalf my friend who I'm helping do the dual boot and we have come across errors and messages etcetera such as quot the partitions on the disk selected for installation are not in the recommended order GPT quot we clicked OK to proceed but we finally got windows installed using UEFI mode However the problem we're having now is that some kind of Windows lookalike boot loader appears but it appears in a fancy installing Problems Windows 8 7 after alongside Windows graphical way such as the white bars at the top and bottom move across the screen slowly and the text comes in at a line at a time When it does appear it says pick an operating system but when we try and Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8 move using the keyboard is doesn't do anything so we can't get back into Windows at all The other major problems we're getting is with Windows being the default OS on the boot loader list this is the OS that gets booted up because we have no keyboard to change otherwise but that has problems booting up itself Where it says Microsoft Corporation at the bottom of the screen this doesn't show up till seconds in and then the coloured Window logo appears also very slowly The whole Windows boot is extremely slow and when Windows does load there are loads of drivers needed to get the Ethernet and wireless cards to work etc What do I do to speed up the Windows boot and how do I fix the boot manager so that I can get back into Windows P S Windows - Lenovo Pre-installed the OS and Windows was installed AFTER Windows

A:Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282809-problems-after-installing-windows-7-alongside-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm doing this on behalf my friend who I'm helping do the dual boot and we have come across errors and messages etcetera such as quot the partitions on the disk selected for installation are not in the recommended order GPT quot we clicked OK to proceed but we finally got windows installed using UEFI mode However the problem we're having now is that some kind of Windows lookalike boot loader Windows Problems alongside 7 installing Windows after 8 appears but it appears in a fancy graphical way such as the white bars at the top and bottom move across the screen slowly and the text Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8 comes in at a line at a time When it does appear it says pick an operating system but when we try and move using the keyboard is doesn't do anything so we can't get back into Windows at all The other major problems we're getting is with Windows being the default OS on the boot loader list this is the OS that gets booted up because we have no keyboard to change otherwise but that has problems booting up itself Where it says Microsoft Corporation at the bottom of the screen this doesn't show up till seconds in and then the coloured Window logo appears also very slowly The whole Windows boot is extremely slow and when Windows does load there are loads of drivers needed to get the Ethernet and wireless cards to work etc What do I do to speed up the Windows boot and how do I fix the boot manager so that I can get back into Windows P S Windows - Lenovo Pre-installed the OS and Windows was installed AFTER Windows

A:Problems after installing Windows 7 alongside Windows 8

Welcome to EightForums.

For boot, try a Automatic Repair
How to do a Automatic Repair:
Automatic Repair - Run in Windows 8
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times - Windows 7 Help Forums

For missing drivers, download from Lenovo web site.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/22299-problems-after-installing-windows-7-alongside-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having problems watching my movie on my external harddrive I have windows media center with windows media player 12 and my movies are on a external harddrive they are (vob) file i belive a avi and are labled ( Vts 01, Vts 02 ect. ) can any one tell me what I can do to get these to play on my media center player thanks.

A:Windows Media Player 12 problems with Windows 7

lazeress said:

I am having problems watching my movie on my external harddrive I have windows media center with windows media player 12 and my movies are on a external harddrive they are (vob) file i belive a avi and are labled ( Vts 01, Vts 02 ect. ) can any one tell me what I can do to get these to play on my media center player thanks.Click to expand...

Hi,

If i understand correct you want to play VOB files in media center. As far as i understand media player 12 can play VOB, so presumably media center can play these files too. Open media center and open the VOB files through media center.

Plus I didnt understand as they being labeled vts01 etc...its supposed vob01 etc.., media center cant play avi files directly, dont no if it can with any codecs.

You need to check the extensions fo the files..its supposed to be .vob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-12-problems-with-windows-7.948990/
Relevancy 26.66%

I keep finding that WMP struggles to play files if my PC has been on for a while, rebooting it seems to get it to work again ok, but is a pain having to do it.
Anyone else have these kind of problems? any way around it?

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-problems-in-windows-7-64-bit-477555.html
Relevancy 26.66%

["The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance"] Hopefuly you are support personnel. Ive tried everything,spent hours, and tried microsoft downloads, with no avail. cannot find filepath specified. Please Help?!!!!

A:Windows Vista/windows installer problems

is it enabled in "Services" should be set to manual

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-windows-installer-problems.909340/
Relevancy 26.66%

Been having issues with the Windows installation on my PC - Bad Pool Header - Failure to Load - Freezing on black screen before log in screen etc When I can get back in after several reboots and Windows Windows Back from to Problems 10 Roll 7 sometimes the Power off three times before Log in method The PC boots with no issues and everything appears normal Therefore I tried to return to Windows using the recovery Section within settings Firstly it gave me a quot unknown software exception x etc behind the this will only take a short time to roll back screen Then it automatically rebooted into repairing windows screen Then I was back to the Bad Pool Header error and rebooting multiple times to get it to restart and log in Now the error is quot Before you can go back to a previous version of windows I have to remove any user accounts nbsp added after the most Roll Back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 Problems recent update quot There is only one user account and it was the one that was in use on Windows before the upgrade there is no way to delete the account and if you create another account in order to delete the first one you are still left with another account that cannot be deleted To be clear however there wasn't a single Roll Back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 Problems issue with my window installation all the errors have only appears in Windows hence the reason for the desire to roll back Cheers

A:Roll Back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 Problems

Unfortunately you are treading in new territory and I have not seen anyone address this problem.
I strongly suspect you will have to clean your hard drive and do a fresh clean install of Windows 7 to ensure you have a fully functional Windows 7 system.
Did you do a complete back up of your Windows 7 before trying to upgrade to Windows 10?Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/abdc5a9c-1953-4d4c-9af3-c1420c8fde82/roll-back-to-windows-7-from-windows-10-problems?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm hoping someone can help me Dual-Boot Problems... 7 Windows 8 / Windows out with a few issues I'm having with my Windows install Here's what happened I originally created a profile on Windows called Windows 7 / Windows 8 Dual-Boot Problems... quot Ry quot when I first installed Windows When I activated Windows however I had created a new user profile quot Ryan quot and activated under that User all my system settings all my start menu apps files etc were still are located under that User I then installed Windows successfully only issue I'm having is Windows keeps telling me quot my Recycle Bin on my W is corrupted quot this is where I installed Windows This error pops up every time I go to Windows recycle bin I can't access or see the files in it as it prompts me to erase fix the Recycle Bin on W what does the Windows Recycle Bin have anything to do with Windows I thought it was odd so I rebooted into Windows to see if I had any problems accessing the Recycle Bin there Instead of loading my quot Ryan quot profile however it began loading my initial quot Ry quot profile automatically there's no other user options and then said quot Preparing Desktop quot for awhile before throwing me into a supposed quot Temp quot profile that's not even activated with none of my apps settings being loaded Under quot Users quot folder I now have quot Ry quot quot Ryan quot and quot TEMP quot all my files settings apps folders etc are still under quot Ryan quot and I'm assuming my activation too but for whatever reason Windows is marking my quot Ry quot as quot Local Account Administrator quot and nothing is loading right I noticed too that my Recycle Bin folder is now titled quot Recycle Bin quot under my W drive with two folders one marked quot S- - - quot that has a quot desktop quot configuration file inside of it and then one marked quot S- - - quot that has the files that should be in my recycle bin but aren't it's just really odd Is this suppose to be the name for the Recycle Bin folder How do I get my quot Ryan quot User back at Local Administrator so my activation settings apps and everything load up the right way And how do I fix this corrupted Recycle Bin on drive W issue that's popping up in Windows I'm thinking it may be because of the weird folder names listed above with the but I'm unsure Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Windows 7 / Windows 8 Dual-Boot Problems...

Hello thestixter, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You have a few separate issues going on at the same time here.

For the corrupted Recycle Bin issue in Windows 7, see if the tutorial below may help.
Recycle Bin Corrupted - Cannot Delete File or Folder

While in the TEMP account in Windows 8, are you able to sign out and sign in to your "Ryan" administrator account? If so, then you could use the tutorial below to either fix or delete the "Ry" account.

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile
Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21049-windows-7-windows-8-dual-boot-problems.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I've always found the tutorials is a great source to customize Windows This type of functionality was once provided by Microsoft Windows 8.1 Upgrade Windows from x64 10 Problems Unanswered with Pro in TweakUI With release I ran into a slew of unrecoverable problems as documented at Unanswered Problems with Windows Upgrade from Windows Pro x forcing me back to With the Anniversary Update I again did a clean install While installing my software I was careful to take many restore points and backups The OS remained functioning until I installed the list of customization I downloaded from Windows Tutorials IF you read the cited post above you will see that restoring restore points or restoring files applets do no function You even lose the ability to Unanswered Problems with Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 backup I discovered if you boot from the installation DVD the restore points are visible even though they are not visible from within Windows I was able to recover from the restore point I made just prior to running the Windows Tutorials customizations I did not isolate which downloaded customization breaks Windows but you will see a list below of Unanswered Problems with Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 what I downloaded When I download an Enable I also download the disable so nearly half of these were not used I list these downloaded customizations in hopes that the original poster can verify that the customization still works in the Anniversary Update and that it does not break Windows I subsequently found that most of these customizations were not necessary because the Anniversary Update provides the ability to make customizations Directory S Windows Tutorials Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- d----- - - Add Create Restore Point to Context Menu d----- - - Add Restart Explorer to Desktop Context Menu d----- - - Bash shortcut d----- - - Desktop Background shortcut d----- - - Glass d----- - - memtest - iso d----- - - p v win d----- - - ShowKeyPlus d----- - - Switch User shortcut d----- - - Win BGChanger d----- - - Windows Update shortcut -a---- - - Add Advanced Security to context menu reg -a---- - - Add Console lock display off timeout reg -a---- - - Add Copy-Move To Folder to context menu reg -a---- - - Add Create Restore Point to Context Menu zip -a---- - - Add MSI Run as administrator reg -a---- - - Add Open Location context menu reg -a---- - - Add Personalize-classic to desktop context menu reg -a---- - - Add PowerShell to context menu reg -a---- - - Add Restart Explorer to Desktop Context Menu zip -a---- - - Add Select to Context Menu reg -a---- - - Add System unattended sleep timeout reg -a---- - - Add VBS Run as administrator reg -a---- - - Add Windows Update to Control Panel reg -a---- - - Backup-Pinned Apps on Taskbar bat -a---- - - Bash shortcut zip -a---- - - CrystalDiskMark Shizuku zip -a---- - - CurrentUser Unrestricted PowerShell ExcutionPolicy reg -a---- - - Desktop Background shortcut zip -a---- - - dir lst -a---- - - Disable Drag Maximized Windows reg -a---- - - Disable formatting with ReFS reg -a---- - - Disable Mobility Center reg -a---- - - Disable NTFS long paths reg -a---- - - Disable OneDrive Integration reg -a---- - - Enable Dark-or Light theme reg -a---- - - Enable Drag Maximized Windows reg -a---- - - Enable formatting with ReFS reg -a---- - - Enable Internet Explorer Desktop Icon reg -a---- - - Enable Mobility Center reg -a---- - - Enable NTFS long paths reg -a---- - - Enable OneDrive Integration reg -a---- - - Fix HD Scaling on Win reg -a---- - - Glass zip -a---- - - LocalMachine Unrestricted PowerShell ExcutionPolicy reg -a---- - - Make Start Screen Transparent reg -a---- - - memtest - iso zip -a---- - - Microsoft Edge Enable Adobe Flash Player reg -a---- - - Notify before Downloading and Installing Updates reg -a---- - - p v win zip -a---- - - Re-register Store bat -a---- - - Rebuild Font Cache bat -a---- - - Remove Copy-Move To Folder from context... Read more

A:Unanswered Problems with Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Hello Michael,

I'm not sure what you may have done, but downloads in our tutorials here are 100% safe if used for what they are intended for. They use the same methods provided by Windows 10, but just provide different ways to do the same to make it easier to apply.

Windows 10 Tutorial Index

If you have anything specific that you had an issue with, then I would like to hear about it.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/60332-unanswered-problems-windows-10-upgrade-windows-8-1-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys, having some issues on WMP12 since i clean installed Windows 8.

The main issue im seeing is that playcounts wont save properly when i play a track, once i play a song it registers the play but then if i close WMP and re-open my playcounts are missing. I've re imported my entire libary and it still does it, and it never did it on Win7.

A few other issues are that songs will sometime delete themselves from the libary and i have to re add them, some tags changes wont save correctly (could be M4A related though)

Anyone with any ideas?

Cheers

A:Windows Media Player 12 problems since Windows 8

Hi. I have found WMP12 in Windows 8 to have some serious problems. Ripping a music CD takes about 30-45 minutes per song. The network sharing of WMP does not show up on the home network. I believe that WMP also crashes outlook 2007. Outlook locks up when doing a send and receive. I don't think it did until WMP was activated.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13438-windows-media-player-12-problems-since-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I just made a new installation of Windows Pro Before installation I had Windows Ultimate bit with same computer specs minus the Samsung SSD disk My intention was to make a dual boot system with both Windows and Windows However due to tiredness and common confusion I think I did some mistakes I don't think I had an Uefi installation so probably an mbr installation of Windows Ok Problems booting 7 8 dual and windows windows so here goes I started with installing the new Samsung SSD disk in my system Problems dual booting windows 8 and windows 7 I forgot to disconnect the other drives before starting Windows installation However at first I could dual boot but I couldnt see my TB disk in Windows I assigned a drive letter to it and then my problems began I can now start Windows and see all disks and use them as well If I try to boot into Windows on my OCZ drive I get a disk error I guess I messed up the mbr boot table My question is how can i fix this best Most important is to not loose my Windows installation I can Always make a new installation of Windows as it is still fresh This is how my system looks now Operating System Microsoft Windows Pro with Media Center -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P DELUXE LGA Graphics MB GeForce GTX ASUStek Computer Inc Hard Drives GB Seagate ST DL - VT SATA GB OCZ-VERTEX SSD GB Samsung SSD PRO Series SSD Optical Drives TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B L SCSI CdRom Device

A:Problems dual booting windows 8 and windows 7

The ASUS - - ASUS P8P67 DELUXE has a uEFI/BIOS firmware.

How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:

UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums
or
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19541-problems-dual-booting-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey all I'm rather new here and am semi-competent with computers but 7 problems. upgrade Windows XP to Windows Windows I have no idea what to do here One of my laptops Windows upgrade problems. Windows XP to Windows 7 is running Windows XP x and I actually DON'T have a copy of Windows After the laptop originally got a virus I downgraded from Windows Professional bit system But for some odd reason now that I downgraded it's not picking up wireless capabilities so I'm hoping to upgrade I downloaded an iso file simply because I used my friend's disc to upgrade my other laptop He lost the disc so I'm using an iso as I said above When I go to start the iso file I get the following message Windows Setup This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows To upgrade you need the correct installation disc For more information check your computer's system information To install a new copy of Windows restart boot your computer using the installation disc and then select Custom advanced I have no idea what to do now I'm upgrading to the EXACT same OS that the laptop had previously I've tried using Windows Ultimate and Windows Home Premium bit and I get nothing the same stuff Any suggestions As I said I do not have an actual disc and I'm running off of an iso file Help would be much appreciated seeing as how I need this laptop fixed soon Thank you

A:Windows upgrade problems. Windows XP to Windows 7

So this laptop originally shipped with Win 7 Professional 64-bit and that is what the existing Product Key is for?

If so, the next question would be where did you get the ISO? I assume you burned the ISO to DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214659-windows-upgrade-problems-windows-xp-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here.

I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. The installation does not complete and I get the error message '0xC1900101 -0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSREP operation'
I have disabled Windows Firewall and Windows Essentials, I don't think there are any other antivirus software running. I also uninstalled a virtual drive too but the message keeps appearing.
Is there anything else I could try?

Many thanks,

C h r e d g e.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-to-windows-10-from-windows-7-problems.1166420/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm having trouble with windows explorer especially when trying to view folders while saving a document. also I can't access add/remove program when I click the link nothing happens I have the ablilty to use skype if you want to see what i mean via video

A:problems with Windows explorer on windows 7

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried running sfc /scannow from cmd prompt to check the file integrity

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-windows-explorer-on-windows-7-a-616665.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just purchased several new PC's with windows 7 pre-installed on them. I am going to be upgrading to windows 7 professional in order to run off a server at a small office. In order to do so, I need to install my full version of windows XP professional, so I can upgrade to 7 professional. When I try to install xp, I get the BSOD stop error 0x0000007b. Please help!!! There must be a way to do this...

A:Problems Trying to Reformat Windows 7 PC with Windows XP

Likely tripping over the SATA controller . . Installing XP on a SATA drive requires an additional step:

XP Help And Support: 108. How Do I Install Windows XP On A SATA Hard Drive

However, Most newer BIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting,

change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA if it is not already. Now try to install XP ( could be IDE Mode, Compatibility Mode or Legacy Mode - different BIOS use different terms )

some will say IDE instead of ATA)

If there are no such settings you'll need to slipstream the sata drivers on the XP CD, follow the instructions in this guide :

How To Slipstream SATA Drivers Into XP CD

or

Resolving "Setup did not find any hard disk drives" during Windows XP Installation - How-To Geek

You can't upgrade from Home premium to Pro??

See if this helps: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...7-version.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/problems-trying-to-reformat-windows-7-pc-with-windows-xp-627005.html
Relevancy 25.8%

yes as the title says it is for windows 10, I searched through the forum for windows 10 and no advice was helpful, further tinkering I discovered a "human interference" tab just next to usb keyboard( after following the steps on the oage regarding
windows 8 software and usb200 windows keyboard problems. this has solved my issue as the "allow to turn off..." etc icon was greyed out on the tab sugguested for windows 8. on windows 10 as previously stated I turned the interference off on the "human
interference" tab I can provide further steps if requested I'm just doing this quickly incase anyone else hits a snag with this problem and I forget.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5cf0c5f0-aa8b-4874-8764-d2891a3ad3e4/problems-regarding-windows-usb-200-keyboard-on-windows-10?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 25.8%

I am interested in updating the operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  My earlier effort to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 was a disaster.  What potential issues will I experience with the Touchsmart if I attempt to do this upgrade.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problems-updating-from-Windows-7-to-Windows-10/td-p/5610424
Relevancy 25.8%

So a few days ago my brand new laptop arrived with windows and shortly I hate it nothing personal I just prefer windows so for the past couple of days I've been trying to dual boot it with windows the problem is whenever I try to run the setup exe I don't have a DVD so I put the iso on a usb it says insufficient space for temporary files I did extensive research but no solutions for windows it was usually upgrading from vista or xp where that problem occurred I tried booting into the setup but for some reason like my old 7 from Downgrading to Windows 8 Windows problems computer it refuses to boot from the usb I changed the boot order so that it always tries to boot into usb but nothing it just goes straight to windows Please help I really need and want windows Downgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 7 problems back PS I read that Windows pro users can downgrade somehow but I dont think my version is pro either way I just want to install windows help plz PSS I would prefer to do it without burning a disk so suggestions other than that would be greatly appreciated

A:Downgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 7 problems

Take a look at this tutorial:
Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263298-downgrading-windows-8-windows-7-problems.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I upgraded my wife's laptop from win 7 to win 8 and ran into all kind of issues. Then I saw the Windows 8.1 upgrade available so I figured "In for a penny, In for a pound" and did the windows 8.1 upgrade. This seems to have corrected a lot of the issues except the link to does not work, either from the settings Via the right side of the screen or the pop up Via right clicking the start button at the lower left of the screen.
I've tried starting the laptop in safe mode and the links work. I've also done the "sfc/scannow" under command prompt as administrator and nothing shows up in the log file.
Anyone have any ideas ?

A:Windows 7 to windows 8 Upgrade problems

Welcome to Windows EightForums, Jim tj.

Which link are you referring to?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33636-windows-7-windows-8-upgrade-problems.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, as you can see I'm trying to downgrade windows 8 to windows 7 on my asus, x551MA, laptop with a bootable USB flash driver. I already got Secure Boot disable and CSM enabled. I'm currently having a problem which is that I'm getting a blue screen that says the following;
''A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these step:
The BIOS in this system isn't fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
Technical Information:
***STOP:0x000000A5 ( 0x00000000000000x11, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFFFFFFFD1B018, 0x0000000020120913).''
Thanks for reading.

A:Problems trying to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

This sounds to me like the hardware in your system is not compatible with windows 7. That message is telling me that your biggest problem right now though is that your bios is not compatible with your hardware most likely because the hardware was designed to run on windows 8 and not 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/352606-problems-trying-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi. I have recently upgraded my windows 8 laptop to windows 8.1. It has 4gb of memory. Before i upgraded, my computer worked great. Now, every once in a while, my computer displays an error message that says something like: 'Windows is running out of memory. To fix this, close and restart open programs'. Closing programs does not work, and my programs crash until I restart my computer. If I go to task manager, Windows Problem Reporting is open many times. I ran malwarebytes, and nothing came up. Is there a way to fix except for downgrading again?

A:Windows 8.1 Problems. 'Windows has ran out of memory'

Hello SkyKnifer, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Did you by chance disable your page file, or set it to a low size?

If so, it would be recommended to set the page file to be managed by the system instead.
Virtual Memory Paging File - Change
If not, then is your hard drive running low on free space. If so, then you will need to free up space or get, get a larger hard drive, or move the page file to a hard drive that has more space.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39089-windows-8-1-problems-windows-has-ran-out-memory.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I have partitioned my hard-drive and installed Windows 8 release preview, but now my windows 7 installation wont start to goes into automatic repair and when i try to do a system repair it oesnt find anything wrong.
I have checked disk management and it seems to have changed my drive letters also.

Has anyone had this problem and can give me advice.

Thanks

Barry

A:Windows 7 dualboot with windows 8 problems

You will have to fix your dual-boot problem manually. From my experience (I always mess up my dual-boot some way or another lol ), automatic repair has never worked for me so I have to do everything by using command prompt. Since Windows 7 is more important than Windows 8, use the Windows 7 Setup DVD and:

1) Set Windows 7 as "Active" partition
2) Rebuild BCD
3) Fix MBR
4) Fix Boot

You can find easy instructions here. Bootmgr is missing - Fix - Windows 7 Forums

*Just remember that you won't see the nice blue metro style boot screen anymore, but you will still be able to boot to Windows 8 from the list. If you want to get the metro boot screen back, that is another thing but it is possible. I've done that before.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/9559-windows-7-dualboot-windows-8-problems.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey,
I'm running Windows 7 at the moment and my Windows Live Messanger keeps signing me out. I have this same problem when I was running Vista.

It signs me out with any kind of error message telling me that had been disconnected, but there is no problem with my internet. I can't find any reasons as to why this would be happeing.
Can someone help me out please?

A:Windows Live Problems With Windows 7

Hi and welcome t the forums .

Please could you fill in your System Specs under User CP, it helps us a lot.

Please can you specify the error code or codes for us please so that we can help you further.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/80818-windows-live-problems-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I am trying to use a windows 7 office machine as a VPN and then connect to it externally from a home wifi so that files and printers can be accessed.

I can get as far as setting up the VPN on the Win 7 Machine but when i try to connect the Windows 8.1 laptop to the VPN i get error 691 Username and password incorrect!

I have followed steps from online forums, including port forwarding the router to channel 1723 - however it seems that the problem is the u/name and p/word on windows 8. I have entered the information correctly as far as i can tell - it's extremely frustrating.

Why can't microsoft just make things user friendly! Grrrr

PLEASE HELP ME.

Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all,

If I am asking in the wrong place, I apologize and please point me in the right direction.

I have an Acer 5251-1513 aspire laptop. I am having an issue with windows update. I downloaded updates, said everything was fine, rebooted and looped about 3 times referring to a "failure configuring windows updates. reverting changes. do not turn off your computer"

If I get any more infor, I will post it.

Thanks

A:Problems with Windows 7 Windows Updates

Ran Windows Update Diagnostics and it fixed all but "Windows Update error 0x80070005(2014-11-25-T-10_47_50P) not fixed"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557673/problems-with-windows-7-windows-updates/
Relevancy 25.8%

There appears to be a conflict between Windows 10 and your App Free Instant Youtube Downloader.  The App runs fine for 15 - 90 seconds then just disappears from the screen without being minimize.  I found in discussions that Windows terminates
an App when the App tries to access a restricted area, but this does not make sense if the App is a Microsoft sponsored product (obtained from the Store).  I suspect that it is a difference between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  Can you investigate
this problem and send out an update.  This may not be the only App affected by the update to Windows 10.  
Lee

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca711198-515f-4e2f-a49a-1ac6afd9fe90/problems-with-an-app-after-upgrading-from-windows-81-to-windows-10?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I currently use an Acer Aspire laptop which I have owned since Recently I Update Windows 7 problems Windows in had a Java-related virus infect it and after much troubleshooting I decided to factory reset the laptop as my last option as other solutions were not working After the reset the laptop was running fine although during the software installation step it was stuck on Installing Sysprep - Factory Mode for hours so I improperly shut it down but when I restarted the laptop everything was working fine With my laptop back to tip shape I decided that it would be a good idea to get Windows Update problems in Windows 7 all the updates reinstalled via Windows Update so that I may be lucky enough to upgrade to Windows I start installing the Windows Update problems in Windows 7 updates that Windows Update found and they all installed without a hitch After a few updates however Windows Update said that Windows Update needed to be updated so after updating to the current version of Windows Update shown as Windows Update Agent I had Windows Update try to check for updates However after an hour or two of checking for updates no progress was made as it was on the Checking for Updates step after all that time with the green bar running I decided to do a little troubleshooting myself first I ran a sfc scannow in the Command Prompt but it returned showing no issues Then I attempted to download the Microsoft Fix It for Windows Update but it would remain stuck on the Checking the computer for updates box for a long time I then ran a MISC scan through the Command Prompt but it returned Error when I did both commands Finding no real solution to the problem I decided to factory reset the laptop again which I had it restart the process and download the same software again It has the issue with Installing Sysprep - Factory Mode like last time so I just shut down the laptop like I did last time This time I decided to download the updates one at a time in chronological order to see if that would've made a difference I had just installed the Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB and after restarting my computer to complete the update Windows Update asked for it to have Windows Update update again and after finishing its update I tried checking for updates again However the problem was still there as it has remained stuck on Checking for Updates step after all that time with the green bar running I am unsure of what to do as I have done quite a number of things to try to resolve the issue but have failed to fix the issue I am unsure what is causing the problem which is why I am coming here to see if I can get my laptop running again as it would be a pain on my finances to buy a new laptop Thank you for reading

A:Windows Update problems in Windows 7

Disregard my issues with Windows Update: I left it alone about an hour longer, and I returned from my run to find it found around 213 important updates I needed to download.

Now my question is: In what order should I have the updates download? Should I download each update one at a time, or can I allow all of them to download without a hitch? Are there any issues or problems regarding certain updates I should be wary of when I attempt to download the updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591256/windows-update-problems-in-windows-7/